[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1595552687609.jpg (198.78 KB, 800x600, Crypt.jpg)

 No.743347[Last 50 Posts]

You have all been summoned to the sleepy town of Farmington, a majority pony village far from any sort of excitement. The word you had all gotten was that the dead were not resting quietly in the town's graveyard anymore and that a few people, mostly young, had gone missing. After arriving you are all greeted by boarded up windows and sandbag walls between the town and cemetery guarded by under-armed and untrained militia.

The mayor informs you that there have been more ponies taken, ranging in age from older adolescents to young adults. There have also been several grizzly murders done along the outskirts of town. The bodies of all the victims so far have been cremated as a precaution. She tells you that everyone here is terrified and that you should all not expect much in the way of help or support until until proof can be brought back that the threat has been taken care of. All she has to offer you is two potions of remove curse and a warning to stick together in the graveyard.

You are also given a warning to not go digging or grave robbing while seeking out the threat. According to town legend a great mage by the name of Lilly Vest lived in the a very long time ago. Supposedly she cast a spell of protection on the graveyard after a gang of diamond dog corpse thieves struck it. The most popular version of the legend says that anyone digging around in there would wake up every last corpse and bring them down atop their own head. No one here has ever tested it themselves or has the magical skill to investigate it. Rumor has it that wandering troublemakers occasionally vanish near the cemetery, and that things that go missing after strangers come through town sometimes turn up atop old graves.

After that the mayor hurried you all on your way, urging you to start your work while daylight still remains. She has a town meeting to call to reassure her people, she said, but is confident you will do just fine without her. The jumpy town militia was also quite happy to point you towards the cemetery gates, and even happier to stay behind their barricades.

The sky was already overcast and grey, but when you enter the graveyard it gets even worse. It takes your eyes time to adjust to the unnatural gloom after passing through the bone yard's iron gate. Fog fills the air and rests in a thick blanket on the ground. It swirls slowly around your legs and obscures your vision beyond a dozen meters or so. The cold, clammy air doesn't respect warm coats, fur or otherwise, and you can all feel a chill slowly settling into your flesh. The only noises are the occasional caw or croak of a bird or the flutter of wings. The tombstones stand up straight in the earth and their straight, even rows march off into the fog. Small brick paths lead between them, meandering like a park trail.

The party has gained 2 potions of Remove Curse. Determine who will carry them. These will break most any negative magical effect on whoever drinks them.

 No.743348

>>743347
I'll walk slowly through the cemetery, my eyes darting from tombstone to tombstone. Break the potential silence as I advance from the cemetery's entrance.
"Ye, doth the world stop. Hanging balance upon life and beyond it, but here I walk with naught a touch of the finer berries upon mine lips… Guys it's great to meet you but what say we have a drink at the tavern after sorting this mess about? Dandy Swill, I could use some reassurance."

 No.743349

>>743347
>>743348
Morning was currently using his Abomination friend as something akin to a moving char as he raised a brow at the rather over the top poet pony

"Well if you're offering to pay for a few drinks, I've had far stupider reasons to put my work off."

 No.743350

>>743347
He looks around the cemetery with a bit of a frown, hesitating to venture into it just yet. He tries first to sense if there's any traces of magic affecting the forbidding demeanor of this graveyard.
>Esoterica: Nepenthe is a master of the mystic arts. He is attuned to the presence of all sorts of magics, and can roll to try and detect traces of such in an area, as well as generally roll to recall relevant information on the subject.
[1d10]

>>743348
He jumps a little as Dandy breaks the silence. "Ah, hello there. Another day, another bit, am I right? Heh. …M-my name's Nepenthe. A scholar of the arcane. I suppose we're all here for the same thing. Drinks after the fact sound lovely." He nods stiffly.

>>743349
"Oh, is that an undead under your control, sir?" He shows great interest in the abomination. "Remarkable. Did you raise it yourself?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.743351

>>743350
There's actually an enchantment on the area to make it sunny and cheerful. You aren't sure why it has gone wrong.

 No.743352

>>743350
"That I did. Found some big burly looking pony body on the side of a road about a year ago and she's been with me since. No idea about if it was a mare or a stallion but she's basically my wife these days. Or husband, I'm fine with either label."

 No.743353

>>743349
"Hah! Just how many hours during a day do you work? I don't believe anyone should spend more than a few hours at a time doing strenuous things."
>>743350
"Glad to see the magic academy sending it's high scholars out to do some real work! Yea I'd probably be a wandering scholar by now- myself, buut I wasn't cut out for it."

 No.743354

>>743348
>>743349
The two of you venture in ahead of Nepenthe. Thanks to the fog he becomes blurry before you are all too far away. Many of the graves along each side of the path are disturbed. The dirt has been pushed away as if their occupants dug their way out.

You will have to roll to explore through the fog. When you do make sure you say if you are staying together or going your own way. Staying together will only count the highest roll when searching, but critfails may still have an effect.

 No.743355

(Testing to see if the names come out in the proper order!)
>>743347
Despite the rather cold, dreary atmosphere, the griffon looks (mostly) none the worse for wear. He's got a relatively bright expression, and between his thick coat and his heavy poncho he looks relatively warm. Peyote's companion sticks close to his side, occasionally stopping to sniff at the ground or look for something.

>>743349
>>743350
>>743348
"Ah! Good t' see I'm not gonna be alone here. I guess we're all here f'r the same sorta thing?" the griffon asks, offering a wave. "Well, heya! My name's Peyote, it's good t' meet y'all."

 No.743356

>>743351
"Curious." Seeing everyone else taking initiative, he ventures further into the fog, trying to catch up to the others.
[1d10] Navigation if needed

>>743352
He blinks at the implications, looking a bit weirded out. "…I… see. …I don't think I caught your name, sir?"

>>743353
He clears his throat. "Well actually, I'm not with the academy anymore, if you must know. For all their bluster, their view on what should and shouldn't be practiced is rather narrow. Medieval, even." He seems a bit resentful about it. "But, a scholar I remain. Independent. For now."

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.743357

>>743354
>>743350
"Whoops- we probably don't wanna get too separated from the others, mister- this fog's pretty unnatural… or, it feels that way, at least. Anyways- let's try to keep up, yeah?" he says. His Snake-Canine hybrid looks at the others warily, but doesn't react too hostile.
He'll follow after the others.

 No.743358

>>743356
Morning Light!" he said with a chuckle "And I don't mean to say I love the big lug. Well I guess I do but in the sense ya love a pet or something."

>>743355
"Nice to meet ya Feathers!"

>>743353
"That's a world view I can respect."

>>743354
He decided to stick with Dandy for now.

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.743359


 No.743360

>>743355
"Good morning! Nepenthe, at your service. Seems we have quite a diverse crew here." He blinks at the sight of Peyote's companion. "What a curious creature," he remarks. "I've never seen its like before."

 No.743361

>>743354
"This weather's a real problem, hold on while I whip up something!"
I use Spellbound Alchemizing to brew up Climate Control. (Automatic)
>>743355
"Feeling's genuine, real great energy from ya."

 No.743362

>>743356
>>743357
>>743358
You all forge on into the misty graveyard, staying to the path as it winds its way between headstones and empty graves. At least a quarter of all graves you see seem to have given up their occupants.
As you walk you come across a memorial obelisk that rises from a small paved square lined with benches. Atop it is perched a statue of an alicorn in mourning. The statue is so broken and defaced that it is impossible to say if it represents a real alicorn, a fictional alicorn, or a dead person who simply thought too highly of themselves.

>>743361
Despite your request, your new companions leave you behind while you brew up a potion to let you control the weather.

 No.743363

>>743362
"Ya know I've smashed my fair amount of statues in my life, Credit where it's due, they did a great job of making it hard to recognize without completely ruining it."

 No.743364

>>743362
"Ah, damn it guys."
I splash this potion into the air and blow air at the droplets, mixing my latent magic with the spell so that it activates. I want to blow away this fog with a gentle wind so that I can see more clearly in the graveyard.
[1d10+1] Climate Control

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.743365

>>743362
>>743363
"Whereas I've seen a fair share of possessed statues. I don't trust them. Especially not in a setting such as this."

He risks drawing closer to the memorial to examine it. Does it have some sort of plaque? Is there anything magical lingering about it?
[1d10] Esoterica
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.743366

>>743360
Peyote flicks his ears, and looks at Nepenthe. "Ah- yeah! It's a Viper Hound, and her name's Tequila. They're pretty common in the southern Griffon Lands. She's pretty neat- her canine head and her serpentine head each act on their own, sorta!"
Tequila looks to Nepenthe curiously- the canine head does, at least. The serpentine head seems focused elsewhere.

>>743361
"Mhmm! Always try to keep my hopes up, sorta."

>>743362
"Hrm. I, ah, I don't know too much 'bout pony stuff. This is an alicorn, right?" he asks, tilting his head to the side.

Tequila occupies herself by checking around the area, looking for anything that might be dangerous or unusual.
>Perception (+1 from Heightened Senses) [1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.743367

>>743364
A breeze picks up. The fog resists moving at first, but the breeze endures. The air around you clears enough for you to make out your distant companions by an obelisk, and the enough for you to see the whole graveyard.

>>743365
The statue is entirely mundane; apparently decorative instead of magical. Whoever defaced the statue when to great lengths to ensure that its facial features and cutie marks have been obliterated. However, you can tell that it was of a female alicorn and see the remnants of a tiara carved on a chunk of its head.

>>743366
You poke around the area with the help of your viper hound. You find a grave that was dug but never filled in. Inside it are the rotting partial remains of what might have been the local grave digger, a broken shovel, and bone fragments. Tequila jumps in, grabs something in her mouth, and jumps out. Looks like a journal of some kind.

>>743363
>>743364
>>743365
>>743366
A breeze picks up. The cemetery starts to come more into view as the fog blows away. Eventually the air is completely clear, although the sky is still overcast, and you can all see the entirety of the cemetery and the town behind you. Off on the side of the cemetery, along the fence, is a small dirt hovel. Towards the center of the cemetery stand more opulent monuments and mausoleums than those on the outskirts. At the very center is the largest one by far. Gargoyles decorate its roof.

 No.743368

>>743367
Morning made a bit of a face and motioned for his ride to make its way over to the Hovel "I'm gonna go explore that first. It's unassuming so it might be something neat."

 No.743369

>>743366
"Ah. How queer." He starts reaching down to give Tequila a little pat, but then hesitates. "Does she bite?…"

>>743367
>>743364
>>743368
>>743366
"Ah! Excellent work Mr Swill! I'll have to learn that spell."

He looks around the more exposed cemetery, deciding to stick with Morning for now. "It seems the mausoleum in the center there is our destination," he remarks. "We should go there once we're done exploring everything else."

 No.743370

>>743367
I'll run up to the group.
"Hey I said wait!"

 No.743371

>>743369
"I assumed the same, hence why I decided to go look at the little hovel.

>>743370
"Oh um… sorry."

 No.743372

>>743370
Once caught up, I'll give everything a once-over.
"So there's no undead here, where else should we go looking?"

 No.743373

>>743367
"Good find, Tequila!" the griffon chirps, rubbing her head a little and looking over both the remains and the journal. He turns to the others and holds the journal up, before saying "Found some pretty recent remains, and a journal- unlike some of the others, this one was never actually used- just in-progress."
Peyote will thumb through the journal, trying to find any entries of note.

>>743369
"She does, but typically not unless threatened or ordered… though, avoid pettin' the serpent head. She bites more."

 No.743374

>>743373
>Roll to read [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.743375

>>743372
"Where undead usually are, I suppose." He looks over in the direction of the great mausoleum. "Next stop."

>>743373
"Ah." In that case, he goes ahead and gives Tequila's better half a pat.

 No.743376

>>743370
>>743371
>>743372
>>743373
While walking through the graveyard you can see muddy hoofprints leading towards the center of the cemetery. After a couple minutes of walking you reach the small hut. It is set a distance away from the nearest graves and made out of sod. There are no windows and only a single door made of sturdy wood. The door has several symbols carved into it, and is locked. Near the front door is an empty coffin propped up as if on display.

>>743374
Reading while watching where you are going isn't an easy feat, but you manage it without falling into any graves or running into any tombstones. The journal is pretty damaged by water and blood and mud, but you are able to pick out bits and pieces of knowledge from it. The grave digger, a diamond dog, has been concerned about the events in the graveyard. In response to that he has amassed a small stockpile of one potion of antidote, two potions of remove curse, four small gems, and a holy icon of Celestia blessed by the alicorn herself. There's a spare key to his door hidden outside his hut somewhere, but you can't tell where. He doesn't know what is going on in the graveyard, but is sure it is centered around the Vest family mausoleum and the rumored tunnels under it.

 No.743377

>>743376
>>743375
>>743372
"Shall we beat the door in and take a look around?" he asked climbing off of his Abomination and grabbing his scythe "If nothing else this place is a mite suspicious."

 No.743378

>>743376
>>743377
"Just a moment. Allow me to take a closer look…" He analyzes the symbols on the locked door, trying to see if he recognizes any of them from his studies.
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.743379

>>743376
>>743377
"There should be a key nearby the hut, goin' off of what this journal says. Looks like that was th' gravedigger, and this used t' be his little hut. He's got a couple potions to deal with curses, a blessed icon 'a Celestia, and some gemstones."

 No.743380

>>743379
"Oh yea? Any clues to where this key might be or does someone want to take a spin with looking through the astral plane for it?"

 No.743381

>>743376
I'll use Spellbound Alchemizing for the Distill Life spell, copying one crystal-cut potion into three magical healing potions.

 No.743382

>>743378
They are a mix of necromancer sigils and blasphemous icons invoking Nightmare Moon. The source of the town's woes must lie within this mud hut.

>>743377
>>743379
>>743380
You all stand around in front of the hut.

 No.743383

>>743382
Morning decided to try and scan the area for a key to get in.

[1d10] Searching.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.743384

>>743382
>>743381
>>743379
>>743377
"Hm. This bodes ill," he tells the group at large. "These symbols invoke Nightmare Moon, and necromancy. I fear we may be looking at the source of the calamity plaguing this place. Or at least part of the reason why."

 No.743385

>>743382
Once I have these potions, i'll give one to the three with a "Use these in case you need 'em, they heal. I'm sure they heal, the notes said they heal. Anyways what about that key?"
I start to look around the hut for a key as I don't want to be the odd man out- not looking for something to get us through that door.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.743386

>>743383
There aren't that many places to look. You find the key under the display coffin.

 No.743387

>>743384
"Nightmare Moon? I, hrm… I think I've heard 'a that one before. I thought she was some sorta weird kid's story." he says, frowning a little bit.
While he thinks on it, he'll check around the hut for any signs of where the key might be.
>Perception (+1 from Spotter Hawk): [1d10+1]

>>743386
>>743383
"Oh! Ya found it, good job! Let's get inside and take the supplies- it feels a little off, but we might as well put 'em to use."

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.743388

>>743386
"Got it!"

>>743384
I am… skeptical of your claims."

 No.743389

>>743388
"What are ya waiting for, let us in!"

 No.743390

>>743387
>>743388
He mouth-shrugs. "Maybe. I've been wrong before. Hopefully I am."

 No.743391

>>743386
>>743389
>>743390
>>743387
He nodded and moved to unlock the door with the key and swing it open.

 No.743392

>>743387
You find an imprint of a key under the coffin, where Morning Light found it. Morning Light is now holding the key.

>>743391
The inside of the hut is pitch black and silent. You can smell something rotting inside.

 No.743393

>>743392
"Anybody have a light? If not I have a torch, But I am fairly certain whoever lived here is… not with us anymore."

 No.743394

>>743393
Oh wait…" he had his horn begin to glow so they could look into the room. He was unsure how he forgot about his horn.

 No.743395

>>743391
>>743392
He scrunges at the smell that emanates from within. "Unsightly. I'm afraid I didn't pack a lantern. My Hand does rather the opposite, despite appearances." He pulls out his catalyst, a shriveled, mummified Diamond Dog paw clutching a lit candle. It seems to shed no light, even though it burns eternally.

 No.743396

>>743392
>>743393
"Hrm… I've got a torch too. And yeah, they're not with us- I did find their journal next to some rottin' remains earlier."

 No.743397

>>743392
"Ugh- that's fresh! I'll be out here brewing, take your time!"
I'll stay outside the hut and spell-copy Astral Projection into a time-released potion that tastes minty.

 No.743398

>>743394
>>743395
>>743396
Morning Light's horn illuminates a homey little one-room place that has been partially dug down into the earth. The rotting smell seems to be coming from a pantry. The bed has been made and the place is only mildly cluttered with odds and ends.

 No.743399

>>743381
You create three potions that will heal 3 Hits each.

>>743397
You create a potion of Astral Projection.

 No.743400

>>743398
He covers his nose and mouth as he peers around the hut. Against his better judgment, he opens the pantry.

 No.743401

>>743398
>>743400
Morning followed after him, his Abomnination shuffling after in case of trouble

 No.743402

>>743398
>>743400
"Maybe, ah… hrm." the griffon trails off, waiting.
Tequila backs away slightly, likely due to her more sensitive snout.

 No.743403

>>743399
I whisper "Wonderful" and then immediately use it (Automatic) to wander around the astral-world and search for moving souls or the tripwires of control that shuffle these used undead around.
[1d10] The search

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.743404

>>743400
Inside the pantry you find rotting meat, fruit, and veggies.

>>743401
You and your hulking amalgamation of flesh force your way into the hut.

>>743402
You and Tequila wait outside.

>>743403
You leave your body behind and float around above the graveyard. You can't see any active undead at the moment. However, you can see that the entire cemetery has magic woven through it just below the surface. More and different magic seeps up from the mausoleum at the center of the cemetery.

 No.743405

>>743404
"Oh." He seems almost disappointed in how not-ghoulish the pantry is. He starts looking around more generally for those items Peyote mentioned.
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.743406

>>743404
Neat! I'll return to my body and wake up spitting out the spell-potion bottle and gasping for air.
"Guys! This cemetery's loaded with magic! Beyond that is the mausoleum which has a different seepage coming through this one particular building! It could be what we're hunting for!"
I'll take off towards the Mausoleum, looking for that one building that caught my attention

 No.743407

>>743404
>>743405
"No corpse I take it?"

 No.743408

>>743407
"I suppose food is a type of corpse," he quips.

 No.743409

>>743404
>>743405
"The idol'll probably be the easiest one t' find- I mean, That Princess Celestia lady stands out. Why wouldn't a Holy Icon 'a hers?"

>>743406
Peyote lets out a startled squawk as the (pony?) comes to. "Y-You, uh… you alright there? I didn't even notice ya pass out. And, if y' can see magic seepin' through, we oughta check that out next."

>>743407
>>743408
"Like I said- the corpse was in the grave he'd been digging when he, ah… died. I didn't see good signs 'a how."

 No.743410

>>743405
You poke around inside the pantry and find a few gems behind some mush. After that you check under the bed, some pockets of old vests, and in cabinets and cupboards. Eventually you've found four small gems which contain faint magical residue, a potion of antidote, two potions of lift curse, and a faintly glowing golden pendant carved in the shape of a sun.

>>743406
You run off and leave the others far behind.
The Vest family mausoleum is made of grey marble. Perched on the four corners of its steep roof are four carved gargoyles, sneering down at those below. A bas-relief of a reaper, scythe held in a resting stance, stands between the peak of the roof and the name of VEST. Whatever protection these were meant to offer the dead resting within seems to have been for naught, as the heavy door of the mausoleum stands open a crack. Muddy, bloody hoofprints coat the cobbles leading to the door of the mausoleum, and the single marble step leading up to the doorway.

The breeze has died and the fog is rising back from the ground.

 No.743411

>>743409
>>743410
>>743407
He makes an indistinct 'eww' sound and flicks off the rotten food from his search. "Good news, everyone! I found the treasure we were after!" He offers to distribute the spoils between them.

 No.743412

>>743407
"Speakin' of, what is that, ah… thing followin' ya around? I've seen an awful lotta critters, but it looks a little on the unnatural side. Is it some sorta thing ya made with magic?"

>>743411
"Ya did? Oh- that's great! I'll take one of those potions, if ya don't mind."

>>743410
Peyote frowns a little as Tequila barks, drawing his attention. He leans down to listen to her, before looking back to the others and saying "Well, it looks like… somethin's made its way inside the mausoleum. And, that the fog's comin' back. Tequila says she doesn't think it's natural."

 No.743413

>>743410
"Oh yea, that's definitely where our issue resides."
Seeing that my climate control spell has finally worn out, I'll use spellbound alchemizing to create a custom spell-potion that glows a bright yellow.as long as I'm holding it and waving the thing around. This is my way of notifying the rest of the group who are still at the hut.

 No.743414

>>743411
>>743410
He snagged a gem "I guess we should probably follow our potion brewing friend who ran off."

 No.743415

>>743412
Peyote waits a little for the others, before making for the mausoleum- it's best to get a move on, but he doesn't want to get too far away from the others!
>[1d10+1] (+1 from Spotter Hawk)

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.743416

>>743410
[1d10] to try and get to the mausoleum with the others.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.743417

>>743412
>>743414
"Right. Let's step to, yes? Tempus fugit!"

he goes searching for Dandy.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.743418

>>743413
The fog is thick. It is doubtful your party will be able to see the light until they get close.

>>743415
>>743416
>>743417
You pick your way through the fog while trying to find your way to the center of the cemetery. You remember the general direction to take and eventually see a bright yellow light in the distance. When you get closer you can see Dandy Swill waving it around. He's standing in front of the large, central mausoleum you all saw earlier.
The Vest family mausoleum is made of grey marble. Perched on the four corners of its steep roof are four carved gargoyles, sneering down at those below. A bas-relief of a reaper, scythe held in a resting stance, stands between the peak of the roof and the name of VEST. Whatever protection these were meant to offer the dead resting within seems to have been for naught, as the heavy door of the mausoleum stands open a crack. Muddy, bloody hoofprints coat the cobbles leading to the door of the mausoleum, and the single marble step leading up to the doorway.

 No.743419

>>743418
"Glad you all made it, and I can maybe help with some necromancy of my own if you give me some time."

 No.743420

>>743418
>>743419
"I think me and my hand loving friend should be good. Shall we head into the corpse hole and see whats got this place going all heebie jeebies?"

 No.743421

>>743418
"Hrm… you ponies definitely got an odd way 'a decorating burial sites." the griffon says, frowning a little. He says something unintelligible which seems to get Tequila's attention, and she paces over next to him.

>>743420
"Yupyup. Let's get movin', then."

 No.743422

>>743419
>>743418
"Necromancy of your own?" he parrots with a slight frown. "Whatever for?"

He sizes up the mausoleum entrance, trying to detect any lingering magic around it before taking any further action.
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.743423

>>743420
>>743422
"To help, a just-in-case thing you know? Ah whatever, I'll see if I can make spells during any downtime we get anyways but I'm not going in first."

 No.743424

>>743422
There's a strong magical background to this entire area. You can't make out the magical specifics of this mausoleum, but this small town's cemetery is far too magically charged to be normal.

 No.743425

>>743423
>>743424
He blinks at his earnestness. "I suppose someone has to." He takes point and opens the door, taking a few steps into the darkness of the crypt.

 No.743426

>>743425
>>743424
"I can take the lead, if y'all'd want. I'm best up-close-and-personal, anyways!" he chirps, stepping up to the door alongside Nepenthe.

 No.743427

>>743425
>>743426
>>743424
Morning shrugs and has his corpse friend head in third with him following behind him for now.

 No.743428

>>743426
"Well I mean, don't forget the health potion!"
>>743422
I follow the group in.

 No.743429

File: 1595566347548.png (481.08 KB, 518x1017, crpyt quest mango.png)

>>743425
>>743426
>>743427
>>743428
Stone grinds on stone as the door opens, but despite the noise it does not feel all that heavy as you push it open. Sconces set into the walls come alight when the door opens far enough and light the enter with a gentle glow. The floors and walls are polished almost to a mirror sheen and your reflections, only darkly seen, follow you inside. The mausoleum is rectangular in shape and decorative pillars rise up its sides to support the ceiling. The pillars grow larger the deeper you go. Between each pillar is a large recesses and in each of these rests a coffin. Above each recess and on the lid of each coffin is a detailed carving of a pony's face, flanked on each side by a cutiemark. Under the carvings are names, birth dates, and death dates. Near the coffins are small urns, vases, offering boxes, and rubble.
At the far end of the mausoleum the smashed remnants of a far grander coffin rests atop a small, stepped platform. Behind and above it stands a life sized statue of a unicorn mare. This statue is flanked from above by two more alicorn statues, each slightly smaller than the mare. All three statues are badly defaced but each retains its horn, coated in mother of pearl.

 No.743430

>>743429
He can't help but marvel at the broken beauty of the interior of the mausoleum. He sits and appreciates the craftsmanship and architecture for a good while before getting to work, attuning himself to the magical energies in this place and searching for anything of particular note.
[1d10] Esoterica
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.743431

>>743428
"Oh- sure, I'll take that!"

>>743429
Peyote looks at the auto-lighting sconces with concern, before shrugging a little and beckoning the others to step inside. He checks out the coffins, seeing if any are broken or disturbed. Tequila strays slightly from his side with a soft bark, taking a look around the room and trying to sniff out any unusual scents or spot any tracks along the ground.
>Perception (Peyote): [1d10+1]
>Perception (Tequila): [1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.743432

>>743429
"Ya know, this place is so nice I'll refrain from any grave robbing to help my pal here turn into a bigger bruiser." he joked.

 No.743433

>>743429
"Oooh if this place weren't woven in several kinds of magic…"
I'll take this moment to swish around my gem-potion filled with raw magic and create a copy of it (made in magic to be dispersed through magic) that's directed into Commune.
"I just need another moment and can brew a potion to re-calm a communed soul."

 No.743434

>>743430
You can sense some kind of warding against astral projection beneath your hooves. There's also faint hints of necromantic magic lingering here, though it is hard to say what it is or why it isn't clearer. The urns and vases are mostly smashed and the offering boxes contain small rocks or bits of bone instead of coins. The coffins themselves are unmolested, and in fact don't seem to have any method for being opened.

>>743431
The urns and vases are mostly smashed and the offering boxes contain small rocks or bits of bone instead of coins. The coffins themselves are unmolested, and in fact don't seem to have any method for being opened. Upon closer inspection still, these coffins seem to be carved pieces of solid stone. Telquila sniffs at the fancy, actual coffin at the end of the mausoleum then hisses and growls before starting to walk in circles around it.

>>743432
You and your abomination stand just inside the doorway.

>>743433
You create a potion of Commune.

 No.743435

>>743434
Morning decided to head in and start looking for any kind of secret entrance that might be around the place.

[1d10] Perception.

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.743436

>>743433
>>743434
"Bad news," he comments, looking back at Dandy in particular. "There's some sort of warding spell around here. You won't be able to depart your body, it seems. Not without harm."

He takes a closer look at the big fancy coffin at the far end before looking for paths leading to other parts of the crypt.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.743437

>>743434
"Guys, I'm making stuff here and and the dark because of it. Then again I don't know how do the the sleuthing gig without magic either. What's the happening, cuz I'm busy with potion-swirling."
I holster this potion of commune in my "armed" belt pouch and then get to work swirling up a potion of Return-to-Earth that's colored…. uhhh pinkish contrary to Commune's transparent look.

 No.743438

>>743437
>and and the dark
and IN the dark

 No.743439

>>743434
"Huh. The offerin' boxes don't have what you'd expect in them, and these coffins are sealed really right. I don't see how to open one. Though, maybe there's a w-" the griffon stops mid-sentence as Tequila starts growling, and turns to look at her. The Viper Hound growls and yips at the griffon, who eventually nods and looks to the others.


>>743435
>>743437
>>743436
"Tequila says she thinks the walkin' dead went to that big, fancy coffin. She said there's a passage below the platform, somewhere. Maybe there's a way t' open it near the coffins or in the room?"

 No.743440

>>743439
"Or maybe the way through is in the coffin itself," he speculates. "Wouldn't that be something."

 No.743441

>>743435
You head to the back of the mausoleum where all the fancy and unique stuff is. The three statues here, each alicorn smaller than the unicorn and one alicorn smaller than the other, are the most eye-catching. It is odd that whoever damaged the statues wouldn't have also broken or stolen the horns when the rest of the statues are so badly damaged. After fiddling around with them you tug on the unicorn statue's horn. It moves slightly and you hear a mechanical click from inside the statue.

>>743436
When it was made this coffin might have cost as much as the average funeral. You're pretty sure this wood doesn't grow on this continent, and the material used to line its interior is fit for a princess's gala gown. Furthermore, time doesn't seem to have touched the coffin at all. It could have been made yesterday. You can't see any mechanisms hidden inside or under the coffin.
After that you check out the statue of the unicorn that was presumably interred inside it. The name carved in the base of the state is Lilly Vale. It gives a birth date and a death date that are both old enough to use an entirely different calendar.

>>743437
You create a potion of Return to Earth. You are now at your potion limit.

 No.743442

>>743441
>>743436
The coffin is empty of any remains.

 No.743443

>>743441
*The name carved in the base of the state is Lilly Vest.

 No.743444

>>743441
"'Lilly Vest'," he muses quietly. "Where could your remains be… Her curse must be in full swing…"

He leaves her coffin for now and starts looking around for any paths that lead deeper into the crypts.
[11d10]

Roll #1 4, 1, 3, 4, 6, 5, 2, 1, 4, 9, 1 = 40

 No.743445

>>743444
Whoops
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.743446

>>743441
>>743442
Satisfied, I join the group at the Mausoleum's centerpiece
"So what's the rub in this grandoise and magically daunting place of rest? Have you found what disturbs the soul of this town? Is it the statues? Are the statues cursed?"

 No.743447

>>743441
The black coated stallion let out a laugh of victory as he used his telekinesis to try and move the statue, trying varying directions to see if he could swing it to open the path.

"Always a secret entrance in these really elaborate tombs. Like the guys who make them have a contract or something.

 No.743448

>>743440
>>743440
"Could be, yeah- let's take a look around though, yeah?" He says, before trying to look for anything along the sides of the coffin. After a moment's pause, though… he'll check the statues, too. Maybe the secret forward's on one of them.
>Perception (Peyote): [1d10+1]

>>743446
"Not sure about the statues! Tequila said the dead went through a passageway below this coffin's platform, so we're lookin' for a way to open this passageway up."

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.743449

>>743446
"It appears some tomfool grave robber invoked the curse of Lilly Vest," he comments. "And now it falls on us to clean up their work."

>>743447
"There must be, yes. It's a tradition in some cultures to hide secrets within crypts. This place is surely no exception."

 No.743450

>>743448
"Hmm. Perhaps the coffin can be made to move somehow?"

 No.743451

>>743444
>>743445
You can't find any doors, hatches, portals, or anything like that except the door you all came in through.

>>743447
The statue won't move or rotate. The only part of the statue capable of movement is its mother-of-pearl coated horn, which is identical to the ones on the two alicorn statues.

>>743448
You try to fly up above the statues to get a better look at them. Your wings whack the ceiling and you end up falling down on one of the statues. There's a click as your body pulls one of the alicorn horns and is cut by the pointy thing.
You take 1 Hit of damage.

 No.743452

>>743448
>>743449
"Huh, you think anyone from these other coffins would know how to use the passageway?"

 No.743453

>>743451
Noticing the other horns moving, he did his best to try and pull all three horns at once using his TK. Seemed like the obvious answer to this puzzle.

 No.743454

>>743451
I watch the shenanigans unfold
"Oooh, rough. Don't worry about drinking the potion for that as I can make more."

 No.743455

>>743451
He refuses to give up, tapping on random objects and fiddling with whatever he can find in an effort to get something done.
[1d10]

>>743452
"Perfectly possible. It's worth a shot."

>>743453
"Or that."

>>743448
He winces as he sees you hurt yourself on the statue. "Oh, don't worry friend. I can help with that." He pulls out the Hand of Glory and aims it at Peyote, muttering something under his breath. The Hand uncurls its index finger with a dry cracking sound, pointing at the griffon.
>Combat Talent: Wyrd Reconstruction: spell, recharge 1; Nepenthe attempts to reseal the target's injuries with dark magic. Heals 2 hits on a success, and 1 additional hit per roll (3 on 7, 4 on 8 etc). Heals 1 wound on crit. Overheals grant temporary max H/W equal to the roll -2, minimum 1. Overheal does not apply to targets that are at full hits. On critfail, the target takes 3 hits.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.743456

>>743453
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.743457

>>743453
>>743456

The two that have already been pulled stay down and resist moving until you pull the third. There's a click then all three pop back up. When you try to pull all three at once they resist your effort and will only allow themselves to be pulled one at a time. All three of them click as they are pulled then pop back up. If there's an order to do this in you must have either done it wrong or skipped one or more steps.

>>743455
You fiddle around a bit with the horns when Morning is done but don't manage to achieve anything. Maybe there's a certain order you have to do things in?
You do manage to heal Peyote, and even push him into better health.

>>743448
You feel full of energy after Nepenthe heals you. You have been temporarily raised to 7 Hits.

 No.743458

>>743457
Morning swished his lips and then quickly searched the room for any clues to help solve the puzzle.

[1d10]

"And here comes the puzzle lock." he muttered.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.743459

>>743450
"I reckon there's some way t' do it!" he says, before whacking against the ceiling and dropping to the floor with a panicked squawk.

>>743451
"Yikes! That smarted pretty good." he says, before getting to all fours. He flicks his ears a little, before rubbing at the cut along his head. "Hrm… I think th' horns are the trick."

>>743455
>>743457
"Shucks- thanks, Mister Nepenthe! That did the trick." he says, getting up and bowing a little to the Crystal Pony.

>>743457
>>743456
"Hrm… looks like there's an order to it, or somethin' else. Maybe th' unicorn, then the alicorn on the left, and then the one on the right?"

 No.743460

>>743457
I'll swish the transparent potion and splash it into the air, activating Commune on the coffin that's to my right, closest to the destroyed centerpiece.
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.743461

>>743458
You count three statues, three pillars, three steps (two stone one animal horn) leading up to the platform the statues and wooden coffin are on, six stone coffins, one wooden coffin, and eleven sconces.

>>743460
There's nothing in the coffin, or any of the coffins here.

 No.743462

>>743457
>>743460
>>743458
>>743459
"Hm… Come to think of it, there's only so many combinations of three we can try:

123
132
231
213
321
and 312.

Let's go by process of elimination, yes?"

 No.743463

>>743462
You start tugging on horns one after the other and listening to the clicks as they reset. When you've nearly exhausted the possible combinations you finally pull on the smallest alicorn's horn first, then the larger one's, then the unicorn who is largest of all.
After the third horn clicks down there is a slight rumbling below the floor. The platform with the smashed coffin starts to sink and rotate. As it descends the stepped platform drops down into a spiraling staircase. More sconces set into the walls light themselves as they are revealed. Once things stop moving you can all see that the stairs drop at least twenty meters below the ground. The shadows and flickering light makes it hard to judge distance.

 No.744027

Last time the party explored the graveyard outside the terrorized town. They were able to temporarily clear the fog and find their way to the gravekeeper's hut. Thanks to a partial journal that used to belong to they grave keeper they were able to find a small cache of supplies. With the dog rolling back in the party made its way to the center of the graveyard. All the muddy, bloody hoofprints tracked out of disturbed and empty graves lead to the Vest family mausoleum. Inside they found a shattered coffin near three vandalized statues. A bit of poking around found a puzzle hidden by the statues and a solution was eventually found.

Currently, you all stand around a spiral staircase where the smashed coffin used to be. Torches have lit themselves and provide illumination. A stone chamber lies down below.

 No.744028

>>743463
>>744027
"Alright, it looks like we've found the way down. If what Tequila said's right, we might be bumpin' into some undead, so I'd say we'd best be ready. I'll go ahead and take the lead, unless someone else really feels like they want to."

 No.744029

>>743463
>>744027
>>743460
>>743459
>>743458
He takes a few wary steps back as the staircase reveals itself, then beams. "Capital! The scientific method triumphs again!" Emboldened by his success, he leads the way forward, peering around whatever may lie at the bottom of the staircase.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.744030

>>744028
>>744029
Peyote warbles a little bit and sets a clawed hand on the stallion's shoulder, before stepping in front of him. "Just in case! You've got the good healin' magic, so if someone gets bonked by somethin' we don't see coming, I'd rather it be me.

 No.744031

>>744028
"And so we venture forth, from the light and life to an uncertain domain of death. Pray thee to your princesses, and the gods behind them, for we shall be away from their sight upon this journey…"
I follow behind the group with my potions ready.

 No.744032

File: 1596158733737.png (349.63 KB, 472x471, crypt quest strawberry.png)

>>744029
>>744030
You all proceed down the staircase, moving at least twenty meters below the surface. During your descent the polished marble of the mausoleum is gradually replaced with much more common, but still polished, stone. At the bottom you all emerge into a small room made of haphazardly cut blocks of the same rock. A green tint is cast over everything in the room by braziers in the corners burning with emerald flames. Along one wall is an opening leading to a long hallway, above which are carved the words THE LIVING ARE SUFFERED NOT! TURN BACK!. Between the staircase and the opening are a large jumble of bones. After just long enough to read the inscription the bones start to rattle and form themselves into skeletons, grabbing rusty spears and hooks.

The party is facing six skeletons. Quarters are tight and you are all in melee range.

 No.744033

>>744032
I pull out my potion of return to earth, filling it with the magic that glows me between me at the cut-glass before splashing those contents towards one of the pile.
"Return, you!"
[1d10+1] Return to Earth

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.744034

>>744032
He looks over the inscription with curiosity, then does a bit of a double take as the skeletons begin to form. No time for quipping, he backs up and pulls out the Hand of Glory. It curls into a pointing gesture, and a shadowy tendril lashes out from its index finger and seeks to curl around the nearest skeleton!
>Lifestream: recharge 1, spell; Saps a target’s lifeforce, dealing damage and storing that energy. You may use the sapped life to restore Hits equal to the damage done on yourself, an ally or one of your minions, even undead ones. On Crit you drain a wound as well, and can give that heal along the same guidelines listed prior.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.744035

>>744032
"Green fire, huh? That's never a sign 'a anything normal…" the griffon frowns, wiggling his talons.

When the skeletons rattle themselves together the griffon lets out a screech and springs into action. He flicks his tail at Tequila to get her attention, and the two of them single out, circle around, and attack a skeleton!
>Attack! (Using 'Knockdown') from Trick Ammo): [1d10+1]
>Tequila's Attack: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 10 + 1 = 11

 No.744036

>>744033
You strike one of the pony skeletons directly in the skull. Its weapon and bones clatter to the floor as it falls apart.

>>744034
You were too slow on the draw and one of the skeletons stabs at you with a rusty spear.
You lose 3 Hits.

>>744035
You fire one of your specialty boxing glove arrows at one of the skeletons and knock it over. Tequila launches herself at the same skeleton and scatters its bones across the room.

Four skeletons remain.

The skeleton with the spear continues to stab at Nepenthe.
[1d10]

A skeleton with a hook tries to gouge Dandy Swill.
[1d10]

Another skeleton with a hook tries to get it through Peyote's wing.
[1d10]

The last skeleton with a spear stabs at Tequila.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 4 = 4 / Roll #4 8 = 8

 No.744037

>>744036
Well this just decides my next move! Dodge!
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.744038

>>744036
"Agh!" He stumbles backward and throws the Hand out. It twists into a mystical gesture, casting a hex on the skeleton!
>Enfeeble: Recharge 2, Weakens a target’s will. Whenever the target goes helpless, it cannot get up on it's own and needs help to get back up from one of its allies. Lasts until the target dies or is cured. On Crit the target loses all strength and is immediately rendered helpless.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.744039

>>744036
"On the plus side, they don't look particularly sturdy. Shouldn't take too long t' deal with these!" the griffon chirps. Spotting the spear-wielding skeleton lunging for his Viper Hound, he'll move to try and block the worst of the hit.
>Brace: [1d10]

Tequila, on the other hand, tries to slam against the skeleton and scatter it to pieces!
>Attack: [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.744040

>>744037
You leap out of the way of the skeleton's attack.

>>744038
You endure the prodding from the spear as you try to cast your spell, but only manage to get struck across the head by the haft of the spear after the skeleton gets bored stabbing you.
You lose 2 Hits.
You go Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>744039
The skeleton with the hook misses you. You're too slow to stop the attack on Tequila, though, and she gets slashed along the side. Tequila's momentum carries it through a skeleton and shatters it to bits but she collapses afterwards.
Tequila takes 3 Hits.
Tequila goes Helpless and takes 1 Wound.

 No.744041

>>744037
>>744038
>>744039
>>744040
There are 3 skeletons left.

The skeleton with the spear continues to bully Nepenthe.
[1d10]

A skeleton with a hook keeps trying to clip Peyote's wings.
[1d10]

The last hook skeleton swipes at Dandy Swill's neck.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 4 = 4

 No.744042

>>744040
FILLED WITH GLOWING VIGOR! I decide to quickly brew swish one of my gempotions and pull from it a glowing copy of swirling purple magic-filled potion: Control! Cast it at the skeleton who's attacking me!
[1d10+3] Control

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.744043

>>744040
He grunts as he gets knocked to the floor by the blow, falling on his side. He tries to roll over and get up again with a groan.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.744044

>>744027
>>744040
Morning who had been lagging behind a bit went wide eyed and rushed in to help.

He readied his scythe and attacked the one who tried to hit Nepenthe while his Abomination attacked the one who went after Tequila.

[1d10] Lifestream
[1d10] Abomination attack

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.744045

>>744042
Just in case, I redirect this guy's attack towards one of this other skelebros!

 No.744046

>>744040
Peyote screeches again as the hit goes through, and hisses in annoyance as another skeleton distracts him from tending to the Viper Hound. He turns around and lashes out with a fist, trying to shatter the skeleton to bits!
>Marksman Shot (DC -1 from Accurate): [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.744047

>>744042
>>744045
The potion explodes in a cloud of mist and you feel the skeleton fall under your command. It turns and attacks the skeleton attacking Nepenthe.
You gain a 1H/1W skeleton pony armed with a rusty hook.

>>744043
You aren't able to stand up while the skeleton continues to poke a few new holes in you with its spear.
You lose 1 Wound.

>>744044
You pull the animating force from the skeleton attacking Nepenthe right before another skeleton smashes it. Your abomination charges through the skeleton attacking Peyote and shatters it.
You have 3 Hits that you can spend to heal someone, but they have to be spent now.

>>744046
You get pelted by sharp bone fragments as Morning Light's abomination pulps the skeleton.
You take 1 Hit.

No skeletons are remaining, except fort he one under

 No.744048

>>744047
*the one under Dandy Swirl's control

 No.744049

>>744047
>>744044
>>744043
Nepthe, you feel the animating force of the skeleton be redirected back to you.
You are no longer helpless and now at 3H/3W.

 No.744050

>>744047
My power is still glowing by Morning Light's minion's action, Encore is on cooldown until next turn but Emotional Resonance gives me a +2 to my next action in addition to my +1 to spellcasting.

I use my Commune Spell that's been on the backburner [1d10+3] to ask the dead skeletons for their aid in letting us know what's further beyond this room.

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.744051

>>744050
>Summoned a hostile undead

 No.744052

>>744047
Peyote shakes himself out a little, ignoring the skeletal fragments- he's still feeling fine after the healing earlier, anyways. The griffon turns and tries to help Tequila back up, murmuring reassurances to her under his breath.
>Recovery (Aid Roll): [1d10]
Tequila's Recovery Roll: [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.744053

>>744047
Morning sighed and quickly had his Abomination begin to absorb all the remains of the skeletons around to augment itself.

 No.744054

>>744044
>>744049
"Ah, thank you," he breathes as he gets back up. He quaffs the potion he got from Dandy to top himself off, ready to keep fighting, only to find all skeletons defeated. "Oh." He feels a bit miffed at his own failure in the fight. In the meantime, he sees if there's anything more magical to this room other than a few strolling bones.
>Esoterica: Nepenthe is a master of the mystic arts. He is attuned to the presence of all sorts of magics, and can roll to try and detect traces of such in an area, as well as generally roll to recall relevant information on the subject.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.744055

>>744050
You try and shift you attention to utilizing the Commune potion you brewed up. One of the skeletons stands back up then instantly lunges at you with its spear!
[1d10]

>>744052
Tequila gets herself up before you are able to help her.
She is at 3H/2W.

>>744053
Your abomination sucks up four pony skeletons and gains 1 Hit.

>>744054
You quaff the potion and feel yourself slightly restored. Magic sustains the fires here but other than that you can't sense any effects.
You are at 5H/3W.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.744056

>>744053
>>744055
Your skeleton has consumed 4 corpses so it is now at 7H/5W.

 No.744057

>>744055
"Shiiield me, Skeleton!"
I try to dodge as my skeleton minion lunches into the way
[1d10-1] Emotional Resonance affects a crit-fail to -1 next turn
[1d10] Skeleton

Roll #1 2 - 1 = 1 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.744058

>>744055
Morning rolled his eyes and both he and his Abomination rushed to protect Dandy.

[1d10] attack
[1d10] Abomination attack

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.744059

>>744055
>>744057
"Hm.. Oh!" He gives Dandy a helping hoof, attacking the reanimated skeleton!
[1d10] Lifestream

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.744060

>>744055
Peyote smiles a little and ruffles Tequila's canine head, before starting to try and look around. He stops when he spots the skeleton get back up, and lunges for it!
>Attack (DC-1 from Accurate): [1d10]

Seeing that the ponies (and griffon) in the room likely have the last skeleton handled, Tequila's serpentine head guides her canine head to search around the room for any signs of more than just the boney half dozen having moved through the room.
>Tequila's Perception: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.744061

>>744057
You and your skeleton crash into each other. Your skeleton shatters from the impact and the enemy skeleton stabs you with its spear then jams it in deeper.
Your skeleton minion is destroyed.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>744058
You batter the enemy skeleton until it falls apart. Meanwhile your abomination ends up stepping onto upturned spear blades and injuring itself.
Your abomination loses 4 Hits.

>>744059
The skeleton grabs a hook in its free hood now that Dandy's using his guts to help hold the spear. It slashes at your face with it.
You lose 3 Hits.

>>744060
You trip on some bones and land on the same hook the skeleton was missing you with earlier. Tequila sniffs around the bones for a while. There's something that's come through here that upsets her badly enough to send her partways back up the stairs, but she can't say what it actually is.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

 No.744062

>>744061
HE sighed and had his abomination eat the remaining skeleton to help heal itself as he looked to Dandy and worked to help him.

[1d10] Heal

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.744063

>>744061
"Ugh, my innards are still in me right? I don't want to look."
I try to get up
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.744064

>>744061
>>744063
"No, you really d- Agh! Bastard!" He loses his professionalism a bit as the skeleton persists. He backs off and clutches the Hand close, muttering something to himself.
>Wyrd Reconstruction: spell, recharge 1; Nepenthe attempts to reseal the target's injuries with dark magic. Heals 2 hits on a success, and 1 additional hit per roll (3 on 7, 4 on 8 etc). Heals 1 wound on crit. Overheals grant temporary max H/W equal to the roll -2, minimum 1. Overheal does not apply to targets that are at full hits. On critfail, the target takes 3 hits.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.744065

>>744063
-Revolving Drum activates, I declare Spellbound Alchemizing (Distill Potion) as my instant-action for next turn
-Crystal Emotions + Emotional Resonance activate, +2 to my next action

 No.744066

>>744062
Your abomination slurps up the remains of the skeleton.
Your abomination has now eaten 5 corpses.

>>744063
So long as you keep the spear inside, your insides also stay inside.
You are no longer helpless.

>>744064
You finally managed to get a spell off and feel yourself start to overflow with vitality.
You are overhealed by 3 Hits.

 No.744067

>>744066
>>744064
*You are overhealed by 1 Hit.

 No.744068

>>744066
"Oh goddesses…."
I hold the spear in place and cast Spellbound Alchemizing (Distill Life), then place that potion down 3 times (Casting potion) [1d10+3]

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.744069

>>744068
-Revolving Drum activates, I declare Spellbound Alchemizing (Mend) as my instant-action for next turn
-Crystal Emotions + Emotional Resonance activate, +2 to my next action

 No.744070

>>744061
"Ack! That's no good." the griffon says, pulling the hook out of him with a soft hiss. He's a tad too distracted to ask Tequila what she found. He'll get to all fours and shake it off, trying to check out the wound the hook left.

 No.744071

>>744066
"Ah, there we are." He cracks his neck and looks at Dandy with a bit of concern before searching for a way to progress further into the crypts.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.744072

>>744066
He nodded and pet his large lumbering friend which now had more bones in it.

"Well that wasn't so bad."

 No.744073

>>744068
You quickly brew up three more healing potions. These look a little more viscous than the previous ones.
They'll restore 3 Hits and 1 Wound.

>>744070
You get back up. The wound's nasty and will need attention sooner rather than later.

>>744071
With the skeletons defeated the opening in the wall is no longer blocked. It leads to a hallway made from roughly cut stone stone chunks interspersed with dirt.

>>744072
Your abomination nuzzles against your hand.

 No.744074

>>744073
"These bad boys look thick, here you guys go. That thing got away from me, my apologies."
I distribute these Hi-Potions to my squad and then quickly make the potion of Mend and then cast it on myself
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.744075

>>744073
>>744074
"Much obliged." He stores the potion for later use and starts moving down the hallway, keeping both his physical and magical senses attuned.
[1d10] Perception
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.744076

>>744075
I follow after this guy down the hall, removing the spearhead as my wound closes on me.

 No.744077

>>744073
I really should give you a anem eh?" he joked as he followed the others along.

 No.744078

>>744073
>>744074
"Thanks! I don't suppose you could make one 'a these f'r Tequila, could ya?" He asks, before looking to Tequila.

"So, girl, what'd ya see? Sounded like it was pretty nasty, yeah?"
>Heal off of Potion! Full Wounds for Peyote

 No.744079

>>744077
"Ya should! Make sure it's a name it likes- I did that with Tequila."

 No.744080

>>744074
You pull the spear out of your guts then chug the Mend potion. The hole heals up like it was never there.
You are healed for 1 Wound.

>>744075
>>744076
>>744077
>>744078
The hallway here is made of roughly cut stone interspersed with dirt, from which bones and partial skeletons jut. They reach for you under the baleful green glow coming from magical scones, but even a modicum of caution is enough to keep you out of their reach. They are either unable or unwilling to pull themselves entirely out of the dirt to come after you. The hall turns sharply at several points so you can never see too far ahead at any one time. It eventually ends with an archway. The carving of a reaper looking down from atop it looks to be in much worse a mood than the one on the mausoleum above. It holds its scythe poised to cut those passing under it. Beyond this chamber is a room lit more more of the same sickly green fire. Skulls are set into the walls and you can see a bony pedestal atop which sits a large emerald.

>>744075
The reaper carving is detailed but looks to all be of one piece. You can sense magic all around you in the hallway but can't tell what its purpose is.

>>744078
You drink the healing potion.
You are healed for 1 Wound.

 No.744081

>>744077
name*

>>744079
He nodded as he moved along with the others "Hmm, I'll think some names over."

 No.744082

>>744077
"Rupert," Nepenthe suggests without missing a beat.

>>744080
He lets out a low whistle at the sight of the grim yet strangely beautiful room. Interested in the emerald, he approaches it curiously to get a better look.
[1d10] [1d10] Same rolls as last post

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.744083

>>744080
"Odium to the dastardly dead as they walk, mockery of what their struggle in life amounted to."
I speak bullshit, but hopefully this helps focus my party
[1d10] Inspire

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.744084

>>744083
This is a perception attempt

 No.744085

File: 1596167699075.png (194 KB, 342x351, crypt quest kiwi.png)

>>744078
Tequila isn't sure how to tell you. She doesn't have words for what it is and isn't clever enough to think of an out-of-the-box answer.

 No.744086

>>744080
>>744081
>>744082
>>744083
Peyote frowns a little bit, before saying "There might be somethin' particularly nasty up ahead, by the way. Tequila said she smelled somethin' else, but she doesn't got the words t' say it."
>Perception, on the Emerald: [1d10+1]

Tequila keeps watch, making sure nothing sneaks up on them.
>Tequila's Perception: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.744087

>>744086
"Oh yea? Does it sound like a fighty thing? I can hang back to make some potions for yous who's fighting."

 No.744088

>>744082
The emerald is the size of your hoof and exquisitely cut. You could probably buy the entire town outside the cemetery with it. If there's any magic in the emerald you don't notice it.

>>744083
There's no one around but your companions to entertain. At least they probably won't judge you for your voice cracking a little. There is a distressing number of skulls stuck into the walls and ceiling here.

>>744086
You've never seen a gem that big or cut that beautifully before.


>>744081
>>744082
>>744083
>>744086
You enter another stone chamber that is close to eight meters along the sides and six meters high. The half you have entered into is lit by smaller versions of the green burning braziers. On the dark side of the room is a closed door carved to resemble a tombstone with the name Lilly Vest on it. Under that is a birth date and a combination lock that can be spun through years, months, and days. In the very center of the room is a pedestal made of leg bones and mortar, atop which sits a hoof sized emerald. There are small holes in the walls and ceiling at tight, regular intervals which are just large enough for the pony skulls resting in them.

Tequila was watching the way you all came, so the panicked noise she makes alerts you all to the trap. A thick metal sheet drops down from a hiding place inside the archway you all came through, blocking off your retreat. At the same time fragments of skull rain down on you all as sharp metal spikes jut out through the holes in the ceiling. They are too close together for there to be any hope of fitting between them. A second later everyone can hear hidden gears and chains start to clink as the ceiling slowly starts to drop.

 No.744089

>>744077
name*

>>744079
He nodded as he moved along with the others "Hmm, I'll think some namesover."

>>744082
>>744088
"What do ya think of Rupert there buddy?"

 No.744090

>>744088
"A-Ah! That's no good- we need t' find a way to stop from gettin' crushed!" the griffon chirps, calling Tequila over and taking a look around. Maybe there's a switch of some kind, or a raised panel along the floor.
>Perception [1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.744091

>>744088
>>744089
"It's a perfectly cromulent name f-" He's cut off as the ceiling begins to close in on them. He starts running around in circles, desperately touching anything and everything in an attempt to find some way to stop it.
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.744092

>>744088
"Oh this sucks, I can't believe I came down here with you guys!"
I run towards the other door and quickly turn the combination lock to match that birth date

 No.744093

>>744090
The two of you can't find any sort of hidden switches or false panels or disguised buttons in the floor. However, you notice something Tequila doesn't. At the bottom of all four walls the skulls set into their little holes go in the order of earth/pegasus, unicorn, then crystal pony. Along part of the wall near the arch you all came in through this order has been disrupted. The skulls here look loose enough to be pulled out.

>>744091
Your running takes you right back to the emerald. There's something about it tickling your magical knowledge. You need a much closer look.

>>744092
That combination doesn't seem to do anything. Considering it is a tombstone, you might have the wrong date in mind here.

>>744089
>>744090
>>744091
>>744092
The ceiling is lowering at a steady pace and already worryingly close to your heads. You can all still stand tall and move around, but that might not last much longer.

 No.744094

>>744093
He instinctively grabs the emerald and tries to comprehend its magical enchantment.
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.744095

>>744093
"That didn't work, death date, what was the death date! I think there was one outside!"
I'd like to try remembering if there was a death date on any of the important alicorn statues up top.
[1d10]
"Anything helping us!?"

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.744096

>>744093
"Oh! I think I know what it is- here, lemme try something! We might need t' align the skulls properly." the griffon says, moving to the disrupted part of the wall and trying to collect it.

"Tequila- in case I don't have the right skulls I need, try t' find some around the room! Horn, glittery, neither! Got it?" He asks. The Viper Hound barks in response, and gets to looking.

 No.744097

>>744089
Your Abomination jumps up and down a few times and gawps, signaling its enjoyment of the name.

 No.744098

>>744093
MOrning motions for his Abomination to do his best to try and keep the ceiling up if it could.

 No.744099

>>744094
You press your eye against it but still can't get close enough to see. Your flesh is getting in the way of unlocking this emerald's mystery.

>>744095
There probably were, but you never took the chance to look! Maybe one of your companions would have checked to see while Lily's death date was. None of the random combinations you try do anything.

>>744096
You pull the disordered skulls out of their holes and start putting them back in order. While you do Tequila races around the room but can't find any loose skulls or any skulls that are out of order. When you put the last skull back into place you hear a loud thunk from under the floor.

>>744098
Your Abomination tries to hold back the ceiling but is not strong enough.

>>744094
>>744095
>>744096
>>744098
The ceiling is continuing to drop. The tallest of you have to crouch now.

 No.744100

>>744099
Morning hissed and similarly did his best, using his own size to try and help prop the ceiling.

 No.744101

>>744099
"Hey, anyone check to see what Lily's death date was!?"
While waiting for an answer, I start on making a Transmutation spell through Spellbound alchemizing - to be ready next turn.

 No.744102

>>744101
>>744099
He starts hyperventilating in panic, wracking his brains trying to remember the death date, while simultaneously still trying to access the magical energy within the emerald.
[1d10] Remembering
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.744103

>>744099
"I heard a thunk! Check the floor- maybe something opened up!" the griffon shouts. He and Tequila begin searching for anything along the floor that might have changed! Tequila around the pedastal in particular!
>Perception: [1d10+1]
>Tequila's Perception: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2

 No.744104

>>744100
You aren't a hulking pile of undead meat so you have to use your telekinesis to try and slow the ceiling instead of physical contact. Nevertheless you and Rupurt together still aren't strong enough.

>>744101
You get started on your potion.

>>744102
You've completely blanked on what Lily Vest's death date was. Your attention is mostly on the emerald, though. It is magically empty. Completely empty, and quite spacious. There might be some way to fit inside, if only you had the right spell. Getting lost inside it might be an issue, though. You've never seen something as magically hollowed out as this.

>>744103
You cannot find anything that has changed along the floor at all. Tequilla can't check out the pedestal at all because Nepenthe is hunched over it.

>>744100
>>744101
>>744102
>>744103
The spikes are almost upon you! The tallest of you have to crawl on your bellies to avoid being skewered, and the rest of you have to crouch!

 No.744105

>>744104
"Keep checkin' around! That thunk had to mean something!" the griffon says, somewhat worriedly- he's on his belly, now!
>Perception: [1d10+1]
Peyote checks around the pedestal itself- maybe he can twist, push, pull, or move it!

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.744106

>>744104
The unicorn groaned as he hit the ground and expected the worst at this point.

 No.744107

>>744102
Encore activates, my action here might crit on success
>>744104
"Screw you door!"
I cast transmutation on the door to break it down into a brace!
[1d10+1] Transmutation

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.744108

>>744105
>Adding Tequila's roll! [1d10+1]
>Tequila is searching the same spots.

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.744109

>>744100
>>744104
>>744103
>>744101
"This is no mere gem, it's a vessel!" he cries. "We could escape into it… somehow…" He tries one last time to comprehend it, dreading what might happen next.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.744110

>>744107
-Revolving Drum activates Spellbound alchemizing becomes instant-automatic
-Crystal Emotions + Emotional Resonance activates for a +2 to my next action

 No.744111

>>744105
You try to get a look at the top of the pedestal, but don't position yourself right and get jabbed by several spikes.
You are knocked Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>744107
You reform the stone door into a pillar to try and hold up the ceiling. Behind the stone is a slab of metal with the words BAD DOG written on it. You can hear a thunk from under the floor.

>>744108
Tequila is more nimble and manages to get a look into the socket where the emerald was sitting. She pokes at something with her claws. You can hear a thunk from under the floor.

>>744109
Astral Projection! If you could shrug off this mortal coil you could wander the endless halls of this gemstone!

>>744106
>>744107
>>744108
>>744109
The ceiling's progress stops once you have all been forced to your bellies. The spikes retract into their holes and the ceiling lifts, faster than it fell, to its original level. Skulls in the walls clack out in unison, and their noises draw attention to the fact that several in here are made of gems. One high up is even a gryphon's.
"If you have learned the fear of death, begone! There is no more mercy beyond this room! The traps beyond are fair but fowl! Only the worthy will see the end of this tomb, and then they will see their own!"
When they finish their pronouncement the metal plates blocking both ways out of the room clunk as they pulled back into their hiding slots.
"And yet, finding three solutions makes your skill obvious! Plunder my tomb if you dare, thieves! Such trinkets are wasted upon the dead, but you have earned them still!"
Three small gems, a healing potion, and potion of remove curse materialize in the room.

 No.744112

>>744111
MOrning sighed and went to grab one of the gems for now.

 No.744113

>>744111
"I should've melted that slab too."

 No.744646

Last time, on Crypt Quest:
You all went down a hidden staircase in the Vest family mausoleum. This small stone room, lit by green fire, had only one way forward. Over this was a warning to the living and guarding it were several skeletons that were dispatched quickly but not without bloodshed. After this came a winding hallway that lead to a room with a single large emerald held up in plain view. Although the room was a trap it was apparently not intended to be lethal. Whether a test or a warning, the party discovered and dealt with several oddities in the room and were magically rewarded after the trap reset.

Currently, on Crypt Quest:
You are all standing in a room who's spiked ceiling was seconds away from crushing you all. The spikes have retracted but their holes, once occupied by plaster skulls, are now empty and the points can be seen by looking up. Nepenthe is currently holding the hoof sized emerald in his hooves. The way forward is open, but so is the way backwards.

 No.744647

>>744646
"I'm not saying we should, because we totally should, but I'd like one last drink in a tavern before dying down here."

 No.744648

>>744646
Nepenthe opens one eye, then the other, frowning as he realizes he's not dead yet. "….Well then. That just happened. Whoever this designed this labyrinthian crypt had a sense of humor, it seems. Ahem."

He inspects the emerald one last time before tossing it in the air and catching it, putting it safely in his pocket. He then continues onward, keeping a wary eye out for any more dastardly traps and inconveniences.
[1d10] Esoterica
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.744650

>>744647
But given the calm, I make sure to prop this staff up against the wall as a just-in-case , then proceed to turn one of my magical potions around and copy it with a spell of Transmutation in it through Spellbound Alchemizing. (Slot 2)

 No.744651

>>744111
>>744646
"Ah! I-I think Tequila got it. Good girl!" the griffon says, reaching over to ruffle her canine head a bit. "T-Though, I think I could use some help! Those spikes really got t' me, ahaha…"

 No.744652

>>744651
>Recovery roll! Forgot [1d10]
Tequila will help Peyote recover, if his attempt fails.
>[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.744653

>>744648
>>744647
>>744651
Unlike the last hallway, this one is made of roughly cut stone joined with mortar instead of dirt. The light comes from glowing stones set into the ceiling and provide a dim, even light that casts no shadows. The hall twists and turns to the point where you can't be sure where you are under the graveyard. Eventually you come to a fork in the hall that leads to the left and right.

>>744648
The glowing stones are lit by a simple, self sustaining magical spell. The floor looks like it has been smoothed over regularly. You can't see any signs of tracks along the floor. However, you do see faint scratch marks that might have been caused by something heavy being dragged down the left path. Steps have been taken to buff these scratches out but they were not entirely successful.

>>744652
You're out of combat so you help her get up.

 No.744654

>>744653
'-Least we don't have to worry about lights eh? Ahah, I should swirl up an offensive spell just in case those claw marks lead to something dangerous."
I then brew up a spell of Homing Magic and store it in my 3rd unused potion slot.

 No.744655

>>744653
Morning quietly surveyed the sights before him but let the others make the choices of where to go.

 No.744656

>>744653
>>744654
"Well of course it leads to something dangerous, where do you think we are?" he quips, trying to lighten the mood after their last harrowing encounter.

He surveys the fork. "Hm… Not much to go off of. Anything could be down either of these paths." He tries to see if there's anything in them that would indicate what lies ahead.
[1d10]
[1d10]
Same deal

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.744657

>>744656
"If I didn't know any better I'd think we were trying to heist something! How about I flip a coin and we see if Lady Luck will decide our fate?"

 No.744658

>>744653
Peyote huffs a little bit and gets to all fours, before humming a little. "Before we go too far, we might wanna patch up 'n all- no tellin' what else we're finding."
>Perception (Checking for tracks on the ground, or signs of recent movement): [1d10+1]

>Tequila's Perception (Checking for new scents): [1d10+1]


Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 7 + 1 = 8

 No.744659

>>744656
Aside from the scratch marks of something that's been dragged down the left path there's no indication of what lies beyond. Whoever made this place seems to have been a fan of overly long, winding tunnels.

>>744658
The drag marks on the ground look like they were made by some kind of metal-bound chest. Tequila can't smell anything but dust and dry bones here.

 No.744660

>>744658
"Patch up? I know a Patch-Up, great diamond she was- is! Don't I gave you those Super Potions after the last ones were used, now I know they might taste like cranberry juice with the texture of curdled milk but I'm workin with what the fae can cook up. And I mean, this isn't even the worst to happen to me! You should've seen what I looked like after pal-ing up with this explosives expert! Sometimes I just had enough time to cast before everybody was a pile of gunk!"

 No.744661

>>744659
>>744660
>>744658
>>744655
"Hm. I say we play it safe and don't follow the ominous scratchings on the walls. The right choice seems to be to go, well, right."

 No.744662

>>744661
"You could be on to something, but who am I to disagree with a leader? Lead on!"

 No.744663

>>744662
"L-Leader?" He frowns and looks nervous all of a sudden.

 No.744664

>>744661
>>744662
>>744663
"Makes sens to me."

 No.744665

>>744664
>>744663
>>744662
>>744658
You all head to the right, then?

 No.744666

>>744659
"Hrm… there's some drag marks along the ground. It looks like a metal chest, 'r somethin'? Maybe a coffin, too."

>>744661
"Well, we might wanna come back and check that other path later, to see what it was dragging, but alright." he says, stepping ahead of Nepenthe and heading onwards.

>>744660
"E-Err, what I mean t' say is, if we're injured, we oughta heal up."

 No.744667

>>744663
>>744664
"Well it's decided! So who's taking that first step?"

 No.744668

>>744665
I stand and wait. Seconds to minutes.
"Really? Y'all suck."
I head right first then

 No.744669

>>744666
>>744667
He pauses, shrugs, then heads right.

 No.744670

>>744667
>>744668
>>744669
>>744666
This hallway continues to twist and turn, ensuring you all stay quite clueless as to where you are in relation to the cemetery above. The cut stone halls lit by the even glow of lights eventually leads to another archway. Past it you can see a small room with several paths lined by dark, smudged glass.

 No.744671

>>744670
Morning has his Abomination take point for now as he follows it. He seems fine staying close to the point monster.

 No.744672

>>744670
He moves through the archway with caution, keeping the Hand out in case something horrible jumps out at them, and keeping a wary eye out for traps and traces of magic.
[1d10]
[1d10]
You know the drill lol

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.744673

>>744670
"Hrm… I wonder if we're still under the cemetery 'r not. Kinda hard t' tell right now, ya know?" the griffon muses, keeping his eyes peeled for anything moving.
Tequila stays close to his side.

 No.744674

>>744670
"We went right last time, how about we go right again? That we if we run into any trouble we can run away and keep going left!"

 No.744675

File: 1596767794067.png (332.8 KB, 603x579, crypt quest apple.png)

>>744671
>>744672
>>744673
>>744674
This room is made of the same sort of stone as the hallway and the last room. However, the wall opposite the door has four openings that lead into what looks like a house of mirrors. Rather than the bright lights of a carnival funhouse the light in here is dim, purple-tinged, and comes from no obvious source. The mirrors themselves are set over some dark material rather than polished silver, and smudges on them further obscure the views of your reflections. Thanks to this, the reflections you can see in them are indistinct, shadowy hints of your own forms. The ceiling is low and the mirrors stretch all the way up to it, preventing anyone from flying or jumping over the maze.

Everyone please roll perception.

>>744672
You can't see any physical traps but there is something very wrong here, magically speaking.

 No.744676

>>744671
>>744673
>>744674
>>744675
He grimaces slightly, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up as he senses some fell magic afoot. "Something is amiss here," he warns. "Be alert. Be vigilant. Do not trust everything you see." He draws closer to one of the mirrors, inspecting his reflection with a furrowed brow.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.744677

>>744675
"Huh, whaddya suppose that black mirror-y stuff is? Think any metal skeletons will start walking towards us?"
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.744678

>>744675
He scanned the room quietly.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.744679

>>744675
Tequila hunches a little bit and lets out a low growl, looking around the room.
>[1d10+1]

"Hmm? Somethin' there, girl?" The griffon asks, taking a look around himself- he'll try to sniff it out.
>[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.744680

>>744676
You've still got the sense that something is wrong here. Not being able to clearly see your reflection is creeping you out and giving you the feeling that you're being watched. You get closer and closer to the mirror and stare down one of your reflections and squint until the vision becomes clearer, clearer, clear. Oh, good. It's just you in there.

>>744677
Your reflections follow you around, as they are wont to do, while you check out the four paths into the maze. You never can see their faces, though, and hairs slowly rise on the back of your neck. The far left path comes to a dead end visible without stepping foot in it, and is wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. The end of this path is covered with broken glass, and the dark surface behind the smashed mirror is pitted and cracked. The middle-right path is coated in a thick layer of dust not seen in the other paths and also wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. The far right path is narrow and will force everyone to walk in a single file line and risk brushing up against the dirty mirrors.

>>744678
Your reflections follow you around, as they are wont to do, while you check out the four paths into the maze. You never can see their faces, though, and hairs slowly rise on the back of your neck. The far left path comes to a dead end visible without stepping foot in it, and is wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. The end of this path is covered with broken glass, and the dark surface behind the smashed mirror is pitted and cracked. The middle-right path is coated in a thick layer of dust not seen in the other paths and also wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. The far right path is narrow and will force everyone to walk in a single file line and risk brushing up against the dirty mirrors.

>>744679
Tequila marches over to one of the mirrors, growling, and sticks her face against the glass just like Nepenthe. After a split second she stops growling and walks back over to your side.
Your reflections follow you around, as they are wont to do, while you check out the four paths into the maze. You never can see their faces, though, except for a split second glimpse of black eyes and sharp teeth. The far left path comes to a dead end visible without stepping foot in it, and is wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. The end of this path is covered with broken glass, and the dark surface behind the smashed mirror is pitted and cracked. The middle-right path is coated in a thick layer of dust not seen in the other paths and also wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. The far right path is narrow and will force everyone to walk in a single file line and risk brushing up against the dirty mirrors. The middle-left path is wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. You notice the faintest trace of wear on the stone here from hoof-travel.

 No.744681

>>744680
"Right, so, someone walked into the mirrors at that far left path. I don't know if I want to take that far right path either if it means walking directly behind any of you- no offense. That kinda right path hasn't been used for a good reason, maybe, possibly. What do you all think?"

 No.744682

>>744680
Peyote frowns a little bit and takes a more guarded stance. He paces a bit closer to the rest of the group.

>>744681
"I think somethin' in those mirrors just came out. Don't touch 'em." he says, before wiggling his talons.

>>744680
>>744676
Peyote tries to push Tequila and Nepenthe back against the mirror!
>Shove targeting both (Using Split, from Trick Ammo!) DC-1, Accurate: [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.744683

>>744680
He frowns and pulls back. "Just me," he muses. He looks around at the rest of the party. "We press on," he says, his resolve strengthened.

>>744681
"I say we take the middle right path. It must be unused for a reason. If it turns out to be fruitless, we can cross it off. No?"

 No.744684

[1d10] ???

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.744685

>>744682
Tequila growls when you try to push her. She attempts to escape your shove and push you against the mirror instead.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.744686

>>744682
>>744684
>>744685
Peyote isn't able to move either of them. Nepenthe doesn't manage to do anything except not get pushed but Tequila manages to get Peyote in a grapple and starts trying to shove him closer to the mirrors.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.744687

>>744682
>Name correction!

 No.744688

>>744683
>>744680
"I suppose your logic makes sense."

 No.744689

>>744682
>>744686
"Ungh! What's the meaning of this?" he demands angrily. "This is no time for japes."

 No.744690

>>744689
>>744687
"Guys I'm only gonna tolerate this sacrificial stuff for another 10 seconds before I start wild casting."

 No.744691

>>744686
Ignore this but keep Tequila's roll.

>>744682
>>744684
>>744685
Peyote shoves Nepenthe against a mirror. Nepenthe screams as he is moved and the scream cuts off as soon as he hits the glass. Tequila digs her claws into the floor and holds firm, though, then starts to grapple with Peyote.

>roll was a 6

 No.744692

>>744690
>>744688
"I-It's some sorta sorcery! There's… things, in the mirrors! If ya touch 'em, they trap ya inside 'n swap places! Pull Nepenthe away!" He shouts.

>>744691
Peyote growls a little bit and grips at Tequila more tightly, trying to force the Viper Hound backwards towards the mirror without letting her get a solid enough grip to toss him around. "Give me back my friend, whatever you are!"
>Shove (DC-1): [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.744693

>>744691
>>744690
>>744692
"Unhand me! How dare you lay hands on me, you-!" As he touches the mirror, his demeanor seems to change, and he shakes slightly. "Ugh. Did I miss something? I must have nodded off. I had the most horrible dream…"

 No.744694

>>744691
>>744692
"Aw hell!"
I use my miniscule strength to pull Nepenthe away
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.744695

>>744693
"You're back! Good- get away from the mirrors! No more touchin', Nepenthe."

 No.744696

>>744691
Morning narrowed his eyes and rushed in to try and make people back off from the mirrors.

"Big guy!" he yelled to his Abomination "Start smashing Mirrors!"

 No.744697

>>744695
"Oh? Did I…? How queer." He glances at the mirrors with unease.

 No.744698

>>744696
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.744699

>>744692
You tighten your grip around Tequila and slam her against a mirror. You spot a blur around her then she starts frantically trying to get back away from the mirror again.

>>744694
>>744693
You grab Nepenthe by the tail and haul him away from the mirrors.

>>744698
One of its giant fists hits a mirror. It phases through and comes out missing several large chunks.
Your abomination is now at 2/7 Hits.

 No.744700

>>744699
"I see…" he sighed and tried something else as he drew in his magic and attempted to lifestream the mirrors.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.744701

>>744699
I swish my potion of Magic Bolt into the air and wait for orbs to manifest [1d10+1] +1 Spellcasting
"Get everyone back, I'm breaking those mirrors!"

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.744702

[1d4]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.744703

>>744699
"That's it, just stay close t' me, girl." the griffon says, rubbing her side as she backs away from the mirror."

>>744701
"D'ya think we can? I dunno how t' deal with this sorta thing."

 No.744704

>>744701
>>744699
"Agh! Easy, easy, it's me! Don't…!" He backs away, gives Dandy a perturbed stare, and unruffles his robes. "Best to break those mirrors and be done with it." He points the Hand of Glory at the nearest one, and an orb of magic manifests from its candle.
>Unleash: spell; You catalyst builds up magic passively that you can release for a powerful blast. For every 2 turns of combat you do not use this skill, increase the damage this skill deals by 1 hit. This bonus damage is reset when you use Unleash or at the end of combat.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.744705

>>744701
>>744700
Something on the other side of the mirror grabs hold of your magic and reverses it to suck the strength from your body.
You lose 4 Hits.

>>744701
You summon four glowing balls of light.

>>744703
Tequila feels like herself again. She stays agitated while watching the others attack the mirrors.

>>744704
You magically blast the mirror that Morning Light is attacking. The blast rebounds off and strikes you.
You lose 1 Wound and are knocked Helpless!

 No.744706

>>744705
He lets out a yelp as he is knocked over as if slipping on a banana peel. Groaning from the impact, he tries to haul himself back up, cursing his own clumsiness.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.744707

>>744705
"Here goes my try!"
I unleash all 4 balls of light at this thing
[1d10+1] [1d10+1] [1d10+1] [1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #2 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #3 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #4 2 + 1 = 3

 No.744708

>>744705
Light groaned and held his side before shaking his head. He was gonna give this one more try. Both him and his Abomination tried to strike the mirrors.

[1d10] Reap
[1d10] Basic Attack

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.744709

>>744706
"W-Woah now, please. You're already pretty injured, ya don't need t' hurt yourself any further."


>>744705
Peyote tries to look closely at the mirrors, to see if anything seems different- maybe whatever's inside looks more agitated, or it's moved on.
>Perception [1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.744710

>>744706
You force yourself back to your hooves. You can hear your blood racing in your ears and it seems like you're only a few hits away from death.
You are no longer Helpless.

>>744707
Three of your balls strike the mirror. The mirror cracks under your blow but stays together. Your reflection behind it becomes a little clearer, but its face is now obscured by the damage. The last one rebounds off and hits you.
You lose 3 Hits.

>>744708
Instead of your necromantic energies flowing into the mirror when you strike it with your scythe the energy flows back into you. The cold touch of the grave squeezes around your heart and lungs and you collapse. Your abomination strikes the mirror. Instead of losing chunks of himself this time he sends cracks spiderwebbing across the entire thing. Your reflection behind it becomes a little clearer, but its face is now obscured by the damage.
You lose 1 Wound and are now Helpless.

>>744709
Your reflections have stopped pretending to mimic what you are all doing and are throwing themselves as hard as they can at the cracks. You can see the mirror vibrating a little under both their blows and your own team's. Morning Light's abomination isn't reflecting at all.

 No.744711

>>744710
Morning groaned as he worked to stand back up while he had his big lummox of an Abomination keep the abuse up.

[1d10] to stand
[1d10] Attack

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.744712

>>744710
I back off and take big breaths against my pain, and upon seeing fallen members of the party I shout
"Use the potions already!"

 No.744713

>>744712
On that note, I grab one of my magical potions and swing it in the air while yelling "Copy and create!" to Spellbound Alchemize another Distill Life spell in potion-form

 No.744714

>>744710
>>744712
"Confound it all…" He nods weakly and sculls the potion, feeling his injuries begin to ebb. "If you'd be so kind, Mr. Swill, I'd like you to make a few more of those, with a little help from yours truly. It might feel a little odd, and it's a risky procedure, but those potions have been invaluable so far." He pulls out the Hand of Glory again, a shriveled, mummified, severed paw from a Diamond Dog, waving it about carelessly. "May I?"

 No.744715

>>744711
>>744710
>>744712
>>744713
>>744714
"I, hrm… they're beating on the mirror too, I think. W-We might not wanna wreck th' mirror if they're trying to get through. Should we just move through it carefully?"

 No.744716

>>744711
You leap back to your hooves. Your abomination strikes the mirror and his fist phases through again. You can see your reflection jump up and take a giant bite out of the fist before it is pulled free of the cracked mirror. Your abomination has lost too much flesh and slumps over.
You are no longer Helpless.
Your abomination is Helpless and loses 1 Wound.

>>744712
>>744713
You back off from the mirror and whip up another three small healing potions.
You gain 3 Distill Life potions that will restore 3 Hits and 1 Wound each.

>>744714
You chug the potion.
You regain 3 Hits and 1 Wound.

>>744715
Tequila nods her head frantically.

 No.744717

>>744716
He groaned and worked to help his Abomination up as he tried to do the same.

[1d10] Help it up
[1d10] Rise

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.744718

>>744714
I look at other crystal pony incredulously
"Are you serious!?"
>>744715
"They're what!? This is just great.."

>>744716
I distribute the potions to everyone again, and then declare spellbound alcemizing as my revolving drum-instant skill. I use Spellbound alcemizing to create a potion of Heal to replace Distill Life's potion slot.

 No.744719

>>744718
He tilts his head. "Is that a no?" he asks with disappointment. The Hand wilts like a flower slightly.

>>744715
"Oh. Oh my. Yes, it might be better to just, er, avert our gaze. I suppose. Hm."

 No.744720

>>744716
>>744717
>Help up the Abomination: [1d10]

>>744718
>>744719
"Mhmm. We ought to keep a close watch on them- if they can get through, they will. Did you, ah… not feel anything on the other side, by the way?"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.744721

>>744717
>>744720
You and Peyote help the abomination back to its feet.
It is back at 7 Hits.

>>744718
You quickly whip up a potion of Heal.

>>744717
>>744718
>>744719
>>744720
Your reflections behind the cracked section of glass are still hammering at it but aren't seeming to make any progress. It is only one mirror panel of very many lining the four paths leading deeper into this room. Your reflections in the others are all obscure but seem to be acting like reflections should.

 No.744722

>>744720
"I… I had a vision. Of being trapped in some horrid hellscape, surrounded by ravenous pit-fiends… I thought I had nodded off at first, but I see now it was no mere reverie." He shudders. "Frightful display."

 No.744723

>>744721
Morning inhaled and then decided to work with his Abomination once again to smash his mirror.

[1d10+1] Reap
[1d10] Attack

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.744724

>>744719
"I can only have 3 out at a time, they take up too much space on me and I can also cast other healing spells too. I made a point to know as many of the easiest accessible spells possible for just such an occasion. Let me know if you need a certain set of spells to cast and I'll whip some up. But remember that these potions exist to be used, that's why I gave them to you and don't have any myself."

 No.744725

>>744721
I look at the shadows trying to break out and stop myself from trying to shatter the mirror.
"Alright, breaking the mirrors isn't a good idea, which leaves us with a dusty passage way and a less-dusty passage way. I think we should take the course better traveled this time."

 No.744726

>>744725
>>744721
>>744724
"Hm. Well, if you change your mind, I can make those potions of yours even better. Just say the word." He tucks the Hand away.

At the mention of which path to take, he repeats what his doppelganger had said. "Well, the less traveled path is also an option. There must be aught of mention down that way, else I feel it would be more traveled. Perhaps we should investigate in that direction first?"

 No.744727

>>744726
"These shadows, are they dead?"

 No.744728

>>744723
Your magic is once again turned back at you when you strike the cracked mirror panel. Your abomination's fist passes harmlessly through the mirror and comes out missing even more chunks.
You lose 3 Hits.
Your abomination loses 2 Hits.

 No.744729

>>744728
Morning hissed and made an annoyed noise as he gave up on trying to break the mirror for now.

 No.744730

>>744721
"The other mirrors… hrm. The other mirrors seem t' be normal. Or, at least, they look normal. You'll know when they're in the mirror- ya see teeth, red… s-somethin'."

>>744722
"Gosh, that sounds awful. I'm glad I caught it when it swapped places with you, Nepenthe."

 No.744731

>>744727
He shrugs. "I'm not sure if they're alive as we are, if that's what qualifies for dead. I don't believe I've encountered their ilk before."

>>744730
"As am I," he says with a thankful smile. "I owe you one."

 No.744732

>>744727
I activate my healing potion on Morning Light [1d10+1] Spellcasting talent
"I really should keep more healing spells on my belt.

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.744733

>>744732
That potions seems to be a dud.

 No.744734

>>744731
"not good, I've got something for 'em if anything like that pops up again. You said the dusty path right?."
>>744733
I curse under my breath and then use Spellbound Alchemizing to make a potion of Return to Earth.

 No.744735

>>744734
You whip up a potion of return to earth.

 No.744736

>>744731
"So… pathway from here? As long as we're careful, we'll be fine… probably?"

 No.744737

>>744736
"Definitely, but I'm not going first."

 No.745547

After reaching the first branching point in this crypt you all made the decision to take the passage on the right. This lead you all to a room that somewhat somewhat resembles the entrance to a carnival maze, at least insofar as there are four pathways lined with mirrored panels on the side of the room opposite where you all came in. These mirrors are dark and smudged. Your reflections are indistinct shapes that generally conform to the shape of your bodies.

One of these mirrors has been left badly cracked and nearly broken after an odd conflict. Peyote attacked his pet Tequila as well as Nepenthe after the two of them got close to the mirrors to check their reflections. Each fought back but stopped as soon as they were brought into contact with the mirrors. While attempting to break the mirror panel in question you all observed your reflections, still obscured, attacking the mirror from the other side on their own without mimicking your movements. Since then your reflections in all the mirror panels you can see have gone back to acting normally.

The far left path comes to a dead end visible without stepping foot in it, and is wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. The end of this path is covered with broken glass, and the dark surface behind the smashed mirror is pitted and cracked. The middle-right path is coated in a thick layer of dust not seen in the other paths and also wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. The far right path is narrow and will force everyone to walk in a single file line and risk brushing up against the dirty mirrors. The middle-left path is wide enough for two ponies to walk abreast. Peyote has noticed the faintest trace of wear on the stone here from hoof-travel.

 No.745548

>>745547
Nepenthe

 No.745549

>>745547
Nepenthe shrugs and continues on the path they had discussed earlier, the middle right one with all the dust. He keeps an eye out for anything unusual both physically and spiritually.
[1d10] Perception
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.745550

>>745549
Roll to navigate the path. DC2.

 No.745551

>>745550
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.745552

>>745547
Morning decided to stop and heal himself a bit to feel a bit better.

[1d10] Heal self

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.745553

>>745547
"Stuff's gone down the middle-left path the most, it looks like. Might be worth checkin' out, yeah?" the griffon suggests.

 No.745554

Nepenthe has left the sight of the party.

>>745549
>>745551
After your experience you know exactly what to watch out for. You catch your reflections make mistakes every now and then. Occasionally you see sharp fangs and dark eyes when their faces come out from behind the many smudges on the mirrors. You also spot several sections of the floor that are uneven and could potentially pose a tripping hazard if one were unwary and unlucky. You turn a corner and reach a very small room, with mirror-covered walls, containing a closed chest.

>>745552
You summon up some healing energies and feel your strength return.
You are now back to full Hits.

 No.745555

>>745554
He shudders slightly at the sight of his demonic reflections, trying to ignore their presence.

As he reaches the mirrored room, he examines the chest very carefully before trying anything. It's almost certainly booby trapped…
[1d10] Perception
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.745556

>>745554
He sighed and looked around and scanned the area trying to find Nepenthe.

"Did we lose someone?"

 No.745557

>>745555
Peyote frowns a little bit, and takes a look around before calling out "Hey, Nepenthe? Slow down a little, yeah? Don't wanna be losin' sight 'a no one here."

 No.745558

>>745557
>Perception: [1d10+1] Trying to listen!

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.745559

>>745555
You approach the chest carefully, but nevertheless trip over your hooves and faceplant against it. You smash your nose up pretty good and the impact pops the chest open. Rather than trigger a trap it reveals a suit of barding with metal disks sewn into it and a cloak whose appearance reminds you of tree bark but feels like metal. These suits of armor look old, but you detect an enchantment on them that keeps them as good as new. It increases their durability as well.

You lose 1 Hit.
You've gained 1x metal barding (+1 Hit)
You've gained 1x ironbark cloak (+1 Hit)

>>745558
You hear a loud clatter as a crystal pony forcefully boops himself with some sort of heavy wooden box, or chest.

 No.745560

>>745559
Morning raised a brow as he noted the small twitches in Peyote's ears "Take it ya heard them?"

 No.745561

>>745559
"Gah!" He gets back up and unruffles his robes, thankful no one was around to see that. Hopefully. He dons the cloak and takes the armor with him, starting to head back to reunite with the others.
[1d10] Navigation if needed

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.745562

>>745559
Peyote flicks his ears and frowns a little bit, before saying "Alright- I think I heard where he's comin' from."

>>745560
"Yupyup. Tripped over somethin', it looks like."

Peyote steps out on to the path to try and spot Nepenthe, or help him up if he spots him.

 No.745563

>>745562
Roll to spot him.

 No.745564

>>745562
>>745559
Morning nods and tries to help find him.

[1d10] Perception.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.745565

>Perception: [1d10+1]
>Tequila's Perception: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2

 No.745566

>>745561
You trip again while hauling out the extra armor. Once you get up it's an easy walk down the mirror-lined corridor. Peyote, Morning Light, and Tequila are waiting at the exit, watching you. There's not room to move past them without touching one of the mirrors.

>>745564
You spot Nepenthe trying to carry a suit of armor with him and trip under the burden. He lands pretty close to a mirror panel but gets back up and keeps walking.

>>745565
You spot Nepenthe trying to carry a suit of armor with him and trip under the burden. He lands pretty close to a mirror panel but gets back up and keeps walking. Tequila squeezes between you and the mirror-lined wall to also try and get a look.

 No.745567

>>745565
>>745566
>>745564
"Oh, there you all are. I thought you were following me. I found this armor, if one of you wants it. …We should go. Wasted enough time here already."

 No.745568

>>745566
I pause and start patting my potion belt.
"Ah horseshit, anyone remember which of these wasn't used? I remember this one's a return spell…"

 No.745569

>>745567
>>745566
"I'll defer on the suit of armor for now."

 No.745570

>>745567
"Ah! It might fit Tequila, actually- could be good to have her suited up with some sorta protection." the griffon offers, before smiling. "I don't think we've wasted time here, t' be frank…"
The griffon glances at the mirror Nepenthe almost bumped into, giving it a once-over.
>Perception: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.745571

>>745570
The mirror is covered in a random array of smudges like all the other mirrors. This one's got a smudge down low, too.

 No.745572

>>745571
Morning decides to look at the two remaining paths and decides to try whichever one is on the left.

[1d10] Navigation

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.745573

>>745570
"We ought to keep moving," he insists. "We've done little but stand around here for the last hour or so. Time waits for no one."

 No.745574

>>745573
"I know a particular Professor Night Light who'd disagree with you, and should probably get more than a few hours of sleep with all the stop spells they cast."

I jingle my gem-cut potions a little more
"Okay! I have this return spell ready to use, and 2 free slots! Pay no attention to the potions behind my hooves! Any requests for what I should keep ready to cast in our very near future?"

 No.745575

>>745573
>[1d10+1]

>>745573
>>745574
"Middle-left, then? Saw some scuff marks, and it's not too narrow." he remarks, before cocking his head to the side. "Well, healin's never bad. Maybe somethin' to freeze someone up? In case we bump into these mirrors again, or run into a monster."

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.745576

>>745574
>>745569
He gives Dandy a bit of an annoyed glance, not answering his question. He falls in line to follow Morning wherever he may be headed.
[1d10] Nav if needed

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.745577

>>745572
The far left path is a dead end. This is visible before even setting foot in it. At the end the glass panel has been shattered, revealing a dark surface that is pitted and cracked. The floor is littered with broken glass. You walk down to the end of it and are careful to not step in the glass.

>>745576
The far left path is a dead end. This is visible before even setting foot in it. At the end the glass panel has been shattered, revealing a dark surface that is pitted and cracked. The floor is littered with broken glass. You walk down to the end of it and are careful to not step in the glass.

 No.745578

>>745577
He sidesteps the glass, sizing up the dead end with a bit of an annoyed growl. He starts looking around. Surely there must be something else to this path?
[1d10] Perception
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.745579

>>745577
Morning decided to give the wall a feel to see if there's any kind of switch.

 No.745580

>>745577
So I'm going to make a spell-potion of Distill Life, and follow behind the group when they take this path that's kinda trodden before us.

 No.745581

>>745577
Peyote shrugs a little bit and beckons to the others, before heading through the middle-left path. "C'mon, y'all. Let's give this route a once-over."
>Perception: [1d10+1]
>Requila's Perception: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 7 + 1 = 8

 No.745582

>Peyote: [1d10]
>Tequila: [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.745583

Peyote and Tequila are no longer in sight of the party.

>>745578
You're pretty sure that there is absolutely nothing to this path.

>>745579
The wall feels cold. You can't find a switch.

>>745580
You create three basic healing potions.

>>745582
>>745581
This path winds back and forth a few times. You watch your shadows following both of you. Yours mostly behaves although you can sometimes see hints of fangs and dark eyes when its face comes out from behind smudges, but Tequila's blurred shadow attacks the mirror a few times. After about a minute of walking you both come out the other side safe and sound. Tequila is visibly more relaxed.

 No.745584

>>745583
Morning motions for Nepenthe to back up "Looks like door number 3 is our way forward."

 No.745585

>>745584
>>745583
"Pointless again," he gripes. "Let's… let's go the other way." He trudges to follow Morning onward.

 No.745586

>>745583
"Can't go wrong with the ol' tasty pasty healing potions, just wait till I cast this formula- hey where'd our hunter go?"

 No.745587

>>745585
I follow behind Nepenthe!

 No.745588

>>745584
>>745585
It's a short little path so no navigation roll is needed. You'll need to roll navigation if you pick any of the other three paths though.

 No.745589

>>745586
>>745585
>>745588
He takes up the rear with his Abomination.

[1d10] Navigation

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.745590

>>745589
err forget that one.

 No.745591

>>745588
He presses onward.

 No.745592

>>745583
>Adjusting Tequila's health to account for the armor.

"Hrm… I really don't like this hallway, girl. I wish we had a way t' check and make sure the others hadn't been swapped… maybe we can check their reflections out when we see 'em again?"

 No.745593

>>745583
>>745587
I'll go down that middle-left path as I think I heard it's been traveled before
[1d10] Navigation

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.745594

>>745593
He weighs his options, then takes the same path.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.745595

>>745593
>>745594
MOrning just kept up with the others.

[1d10] Nav

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.745596

>>745593
>>745594
>>745595
Dandy Swill and Morning Light nearly trip several times but manage to make it to the other side of the maze without touching any of the dark, smudged mirrors. Morning Light's abomination leaves nasty smears on the mirrors wherever it touches them, but lacks a reflection.

On this side of the room is a passageway leading into yet another stone hallway. Written large above it are the words "YOU AREN'T PARANOID, ARE YOU?"

The three of you rejoin Peyote and Tequila on the other side of the room.

 No.745597

>>745596
>>745592
"They're mocking us," he muses quietly, looking up at the sign. "…Oh. Hello again," he says absent mindedly to Peyote. "I take it this is the way forward."

 No.745598

>>745596
"Why yes, I am paranoid, stupid sign."
I make a potion of Inure through Spellbound Alchemizing, readying it to cast next turn.

 No.745599

>>745592
I nudge Peyote
"So here's what I'm thinking, I pop this tempo inuring spell on you and you run the hallway. Whaddya think?"

 No.745600

>>745596
"I guess you're right, I just… I dunno." the griffon says, shrugging.

>>745597
"Hmm? Who's mockin' us?" the griffon asks, before nodding a little. "Yupyup. This oughta be the way, I think. And… oh- yeah, I guess whoever made that sign is."

>>745599
"Tempo-inurin'? What's that mean?"

 No.745601

>>745596
THe necromancer simply raised a brow at the sign.

 No.745602

>>745600
"Its an inure spell that acts like you got an extra limb carryin' its own shield. Might help with a gauntlet run, might not."
I shake the glowing blue bottle in front of Peyote

 No.745603

>>745600
"Well, what are we waiting for." He takes his eyes off of Tequila and pushes past Peyote, moving further into the crypt.
[1d10] Perception
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.745604

>>745602
Peyote nods a little bit, and downs the potion without too much delay.

>>745603
>Stepping past Nepenthe to move further in

 No.745605

>>745604
"AHHDON'T DRINK IT- INURICANI!!!"
I cast Inure as the potion disappears from my hand
[1d10+1] +1 casting spells

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.745606

>>745605
Inure: recharge 1, spell; Shield an ally with protective magic, blocking 5 hits worth of damage. An ally can only have one Inure on them at a time. On Crit the shield slows an enemy when they strike it, allowing the Inured ally to retaliate with a Bonus Action of a basic attack that turn against that enemy only.

 No.745607

>>745605
Peyote pulls the bottle away from his mouth and cocks his head to the side.

 No.745608

>>745598
You create a potion of Inure.
You are at you potion limit.

>>745604
>>745605
Dandy Swill is able to cast just in time. Peyote gains a magical shield worth 5 extra Hits.

>>745603
>>745604
>>745605
>>745601
You leave the mirrors behind and return to the wide halls with their unevenly joined stones and the shadowless magical lighting coming from above. The hall twists and turns as the ones before have, leaving you uncertain of where you are or even how deep you are now. After a while you become aware that the hoofsteps you are hearing from ahead aren't your echoes. You all have just enough time to arrange yourselves in a fighting formation before eight skeletons come around the bend up ahead. These all look much sturdier than the ones before, and are armed and armored with things that haven't entirely succumbed to rust and rot. They fan out across the hall and close in, preventing anyone lacking wings from passing them. This is bad, because what follows them is a hulking buffalo skeleton with a ballista built into its back. A small goat skeletons clambers around on its back and loads a large iron bolt into the siege engine.

You are fighting 8 armed and armored skeletons in melee range, and one big skeleton ballista in ranged range.

 No.745609

>>745607
"You don't drink the stuff, not this stuff as it's all magic! I should've started with that first, but now you're good with a little extra beef so I'm right behind ya!"
I'm going to follow Peyote

 No.745610

>>745608
I pull out my crossbow and land an Aimed Shot at that goat skeleton.
Aimed Shot: weapon; Take aim on an unexpecting target. If this is your first attack on your target this combat or if you have not dealt damage to them in the past 3 turns, then this skill becomes Automatic and deals 3 damage.

 No.745611

>>745608
He grits his teeth as the skeletons block their path, hanging back and staying behind Peyote. He pulls out the Hand of Glory and whispers something to it. It twists into a hexing gesture and points at the griffon!
>Tartarian Power: spell; Demonic power fuels your minion or an ally, making all their actions critical, success or failure, until combat ends or you take a DC6 action to end the effect. On Crit the magic fuels their body endlessly, preventing them from falling helpless. Whenever they would fall helpless, their hits fully restore and they lose a wound. On Critfail the target goes berserk, hostile, or possessed, and lasts until they fall helpless.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.745612

>>745609
>>745608
"Ah! Thanks, then!" the griffon chirps, before leaping towards a pair of the skeletons and slamming into them with tremendous force, talons outstretched.
>Marksman Shot (Split, two closest Skeletons, DC-1 from Accurate): [1d10+1]

Tequila keeps her master inbetween her and the Ballistician, lunging for the ankle of one of the skeletons Peyote lunges for.
>Attack: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2

 No.745613

>>745608
Morning smirked and quickly aimed at one skeleton as his abomination did the same/

[1d10+1] Reap
[1d10] Abomination attack.

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.745614

>>745610
You take careful aim at the hulking buffalo skeleton and crack a few of its bones with your bolt.
The goat skeleton on its back swings the ballista around to face you and fires.
[1d10]

>>745611
You fail to summon up your mystical powers.

>>745612
Your magical shield fails in a flash of sparks right before you swings. The pyrotechnics display causes you to miss and one of the skeletons slices your side open with a sword.
Another skeleton jabs Tequila with a spear while she is trying to get the sparks off her armor.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound
Tequila is now Helpless and loses 1 Wound

>>745613
The skeleton headbutts you before you get a chance to charge up your scythe.
Your abomination tries to swing but gets sliced up.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound
Your Abomination loses 2 Hits.

Armored skeletons 1 and 2 attack Dandy Swirl with their weapons.
[2d10]

Armored skeletons 3 and 4 attack Nepenthe with their weapons.
[2d10]

Armored skeleton 5 attacks Peyote with its weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 6 attacks Tequila with its weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 7 attacks Morning Light with its weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 8 the abomination with its weapon.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 6, 8 = 14 / Roll #3 3, 5 = 8 / Roll #4 9 = 9 / Roll #5 3 = 3 / Roll #6 2 = 2 /

 No.745615

>>745614
I dodge that shot!?
[1d10] DODGE!

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.745616

>>745614
>Recovery Roll: [1d10]
>Recovery Roll: [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.745617

>>745614
Armored skeleton 8 the abomination with its weapon.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.745618

>>745614
Morning groaned and did his best to try and get up as he had his Abomination swing at number 7.

[1d10] Attack

[1d10] stand up.

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.745619

>>745614
The Hand contorts again, still aiming at Peyote. This time it conjures a crackling sigil of dark magic around him!
>Reflect: Recharge 2, unique, spell; Focus your magic in a barrier around a target. The next successful or critically successful action against them is reflected back to the attacker. On Crit the barrier absorbs the momentum of the attack, allowing the shielded target to choose between the normal reflection or taking the roll of that attack and using it for one of their own actions that turn.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.745620

>>745615
Crystal Emotional Resonance Activates, my next rolled ability gets a +2 to it
Rolling Drum: I declare Spellbound Alchemizing to be Instant

 No.745621

>>745615
If you were just a hair faster you could have dodged it, but the bolt strikes you hard and knocks you down. The skeletons move in and start to stab at your prone body.
You lose 5 Hits and are knocked Helpless, losing 1 Wound. Being attacked while down causes you to lose 2 more Wounds.

>>745616
You don't manage to stand up thanks to the skeleton sticking a knife in your guts.
Tequila jumps up and is able to lash out at the skeleton attacking her, breaking a few of its bones.
You lose 1 Wound.
Tequila is no longer Helpless and back at full Hits.

>>745618
Your vision is still blurry after the headbutt and you are unable to get up. The skeleton attacking you is overeager and smashes itself with its club hard enough to knock itself helpless. Your abomination helps it along by smashing it into shards. The skeleton attacking it has a free shot to carve a few chunks off of him.
You lose 1 Wound.
Skeleton 7 is destroyed.
Your Abomination loses 3 hits.

>>745619
Once again you fail to summon your dark and awesome powers, and a skeleton sticks you with something sharp.
You lose 3 Hits.

The goat skeleton is reloading the ballista buffalo.

Armored skeletons 1 and 2 attack Dandy Swirl with their weapons.
[2d10]

Armored skeletons 3 attacks Nepenthe with their weapons.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 4 attacks Peyote with its weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 5 attacks Tequila with its weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 6 attacks Morning Light with its weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 8 the abomination with its weapon.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8, 4 = 12 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 7 = 7 / Roll #4 2 = 2 / Roll #5 1 = 1 / Roll #6 9 = 9

 No.745622

>>745621
He winces and lashes out with the Hand. It twists into a beckoning claw-like gesture towards the attacking skeleton.
>Lifestream: recharge 1, spell; Saps a target’s lifeforce, dealing damage and storing that energy. You may use the sapped life to restore Hits equal to the damage done on yourself, an ally or one of your minions, even undead ones. On Crit you drain a wound as well, and can give that heal along the same guidelines listed prior.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.745623

>>745621
>Recover: [1d10]
>Tequila Aid roll: [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.745624

>>745621
Morning shuddered as he tried to get up again while he had his ABomination rush to attack the one attacking it.

[1d10] Recover
[1d10] Attack

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.745625

>>745621
I attempt to get up [1d10+2]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.745626

>>745622
>self healing

 No.745627


 No.745628

>>745622
You focus and are finally able to bring your powers to bear. You suck every last bit of necromantic energy out of the skeleton and convert it into power your body can use.
You heal 5 Hits and 1 Wound.
Skeleton 3 is destroyed so utterly that no remains are left.

>>745623
You stand up just in time to get slashed by a sword. Tequila is too busy tangling with a skeleton, and winning, to help you out much. The skeleton collapses to the ground.
You are no longer Helpless and now at full Hits, but lose 2 Hits right away.
Skeleton 5 is knocked Helpless

>>745624
You manage to get back to your hooves. Yet another skeleton that tries to attack you injures itself in its zealous efforts to kill you with a large hammer, and knocks itself down. Your Abomination manages to crack one of the bones of the skeleton attacking it, but gets hacked at until it collapses.
You are no longer Helpless and back at full Hits.
Your Abomination is now Helpless and loses 1 Wound.
Skeleton 6 is knocked Helpless.

>>745625
You almost manage to stand, but get cut up along with one of the skeletons attacking you as the other goes wild with its sword.
You lose 1 Wound.
Dandy Swill is at 0 Hits 1 Wound

Sensing that he is the greatest threat, the goat skeleton targets Light Bringer with the buffalo ballista!
[1d10]

Armored skeletons 1 attacks Dandy Swirl with their weapons.
[1d10]

Armored skeletons 2 attacks Nepenthe with their weapons.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 4 attacks Peyote with its weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 5 attempts to stand.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 6 attempts to stand.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 8 the abomination with its weapon.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 4 = 4 / Roll #4 5 = 5 / Roll #5 10 = 10 / Roll #6 3 = 3 /

 No.745629

>>745628
"Fuck."
I try to get up [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.745630

>>745628
Morning groaned and shuddered as he aimed at the one attacking his abomination for now.

[1d10+3] Reap

His Abomination also tries to rise up.

[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.745631

>>745628
He sports a slasher grin as the skeleton crumbles before him. "The abyss made manifest!" he crows. Looking around, he sees Dandy on death's door, and points the Hand at him. It makes a sort of prayer gesture.
>Combat Talent: Wyrd Reconstruction: spell, recharge 1; Nepenthe attempts to reseal the target's injuries with dark magic. Heals 2 hits on a success, and 1 additional hit per roll (3 on 7, 4 on 8 etc). Heals 1 wound on crit. Overheals grant temporary max H/W equal to the roll -2, minimum 1. Overheal does not apply to targets that are at full hits. On critfail, the target takes 3 hits.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.745632

>>745628
Peyote shakes off the worst of it, and goes for the skeleton targeting Dandy- hopefully he can knock it off-course. Along the way, he catches the skeleton attacking him with a claw and tries to slam him into the floor.
>Attack (Split, 1 and 4, DC-1): [1d10+1]
>Tequila's Attack (1): [1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.745633

>>745628
Armored skeleton 8 the abomination with its weapon.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.745634

>>745629
You can feel the life actively trying to leave your body as you finally haul your battered, bleeding body back to its hooves. The sensation of life leaving you accelerates as a skeleton attacks you with a spear. The sensation reverses as Nepenthe uses his magic on you and starts to stitch your flesh and bones back together.
You are no longer Helpless, you are now at 8/5 Hits, and you heal 1 Wound.

>>745630
The massive iron bolt narrowly misses you. You shatter several bones belonging to the skeleton hacking at your Abomination and it falls to the ground, but not before it can deal more damage to your meat baby. Your Abomination is unable to rise though.
You Abomination loses 1 Wound.
Skeleton 8 is now Helpless.

>>745631
You dig deeper into the all too familiar abyss to fuel these powers of yours. With them you knit Dandy Swill's body back together and strengthen it beyond normal. You idly strike at the skeleton attacking you and knock it backward.
Dandyswill is overhealed to 8 Hits and heals 1 Wound.

>>745632
You dart through the melee striking quickly at two skeletons and dropping them both to the stone floor. Tequila attacks the one that had been trying to strike you and shatters it into pieces.
Skeleton 4 is destroyed.

Skeleton 5 gets back to its hooves!

The goat skeleton is reloading the ballista buffalo.

Armored skeletons 1 attacks Dandy Swirl with their weapons.
[1d10]

Armored skeletons 2 attacks Nepenthe with their weapons.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 5 attacks Light Bringer with their weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 6 attempts to stand.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 8 the abomination with its weapon.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 6 = 6 / Roll #4 10 = 10 / Roll #5 2 = 2

 No.745635

>>745634
*Armored skeleton 8 tries to stand

 No.745636

>>745634
*Armored skeleton 1 tries to stand

 No.745637

>>745634
"I have the POWER!!!"
I use Inspire to help my frens succeed in their actions!
[1d10+2] Autocrits upon success from Encore

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.745638

>>745634
MOrning light adjusted and turned to attack the one who was attacking him.

[1d10] Lifestream on Skeleton 5. Trying to heal Peyote.

[1d10] Abomination stand up.

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.745639

>>745637
Autocrit success: DC-2 for allied actions
Rolling Drum activates: I declare Spellbound Alchemizing to be instant

 No.745640

>>745634
"Ahhahahahaha! The blood pumps and the limbs obey!" Emboldened by his newfound might, he blasts Skeleton 2 point blank with dark magic from the Hand!
>Unleash: spell; You catalyst builds up magic passively that you can release for a powerful blast. For every 2 turns of combat you do not use this skill, increase the damage this skill deals by 1 hit. This bonus damage is reset when you use Unleash or at the end of combat.
[1d10+2] 2 extra hits, Emotional Resonance bonus

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.745641

>>745634
Peyote whistles a little, guiding Tequila to attack the Armored Skeleton still standing from his earlier attack. Meanwhile, he'll focus on the skeleton already down on the ground, trying to smash it into the floor.
>Tequila Attack (Skeleton 1): [1d10]

>Peyote Attack (Skeleton 6, DC -1): [1d10]


Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.745642

>>745637
You rear up on your hind legs and point your crossbow at the ceiling, striking an easily recognizable pose.
Everyone decreases the DC of their roll this turn by 2.

>>745638
You draw a small amount of power out of the skeleton and send it Peyote's way. The skeleton then slaps you across the head with a hammer, but only grazes you.
Your abomination finally gets back up.
You heal Peyote for 1 Hit.
You lose 1 Hit.
Your Abomination is no longer Helpless and back at full Hits.

>>745640
The skeleton strikes you with its weapon quite hard, but you are able to knock it back and down with your potent magics.
You lose 4 Hits.
Skeleton 2 is now Helpless.

>>745641
Tequila smashes the downed skeleton into tiny pieces. You try to go after the downed skeleton, but it manages to turn your charge against you and use the momentum to bring itself up and you down.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.
Skeleton 1 is destroyed.

The goat skeleton once again decides that Morning Light is the greatest threat and fires at him!
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 2 tries to stand.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 5 attacks Dandy Swirl with their weapons.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 6 attacks Peyote with their weapons.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 8 tries to stand.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 7 = 7 / Roll #3 10 = 10 / Roll #4 7 = 7 / Roll #5 8 = 8

 No.745643

>>745642
MOrning smirked and turned his focus to the Skeleton attacking Dandy and swinging hard as his abomination set about attacking number 8.

[1d10+3] Reap.
[1d10] attack

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.745644

>>745642
He hisses sharply as he takes the hit. Looking down at the struggling skeleton, the Hand twists into a hexing gesture. "Begone."
>Enfeeble: Recharge 2, Weakens a target’s will. Whenever the target goes helpless, it cannot get up on it's own and needs help to get back up from one of its allies. Lasts until the target dies or is cured. On Crit the target loses all strength and is immediately rendered helpless.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.745645

>>745642
I cast Distill Life and then use Spellbound Alchemizing to make a potion of Mend!
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.745646

>>745645
"Take these! Quick!"
You'll probably have to pull these health potions from my broken, bleeding body

 No.745647

>>745642
>Recovery: [1d10]
Tequila lunges for the armored skeleton attacking Peyote.
>Tequila Attack: [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.745648

There's a loud TWANG as something malfunctions in the buffalo ballista. The buffalo collapses to the ground with the goat skeleton still atop it.

>>745643
You swipe the skeleton with your scythe and scatter its bones across the hall, but not before it can strike Dandy. Your abomination misses and gets jabbed for its efforts.
Skeleton 5 is destroyed.

>>745644
Your magic backfires and strikes your down.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>745645
You get smashed hard by the skeleton's attack but are able to heal yourself with a potion. As soon as you do you brew up another one, and Morning Light covers you by destroying your attacker.
You are now at 5 Hits.
You have a Mend potion.

>>745647
You fail to stand in time and the attacking skeleton sticks its weapon into your belly.
Tequila tries to help but is battered aside.
You lose 1 Wound.
Peyote is at 0 Hits and 1 Wound
Tequila loses 3 Hits.

The goat skeleton hops around the buffalo skeleton a few times then does a backflip.
The buffalo skeleton is no longer helpless.

Armored skeleton 2 attacks Dandy Swill with their weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 6 attacks Peyote with their weapon.
[1d10]

Armored skeleton 8 attacks Morning Light with their weapon.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 5 = 5

 No.745649

>>745648
Morning turned and aimed at the Buffalo now as he aimed to get Peyote back up with Magic.

[1d10] Lifestream

Meanwhile the Abomination aims to to take out Skeleton 8

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.745650

>>745648
>Recovery: [1d10]
>Tequila Aid roll: [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.745651

>>745648
He grunts softly as he gets the wind knocked out of him. He rolls over with a pained groan and tries to get back up, cursing under his breath.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.745652

"They're on my back now! Two left, take 'em if you need 'em!"
I use my Return to Earth potion on the buffalo skeleton!
[1d10+1] Spellcasting talent

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.745653

>>745652
Rolling Drum activates I declare Spellbound Alchemizing to be instant
Crystal Emotional Resonance activates: +2 to my next action next turn
Encore activates: My next successful action autocrits

 No.745654

>>745649
You miscast and your magic sears your flesh. Your abomination smashes the skeleton into pulp.
You lose 4 Hits.
Skeleton 8 is destroyed.

>>745650
It all goes dark for a split second before Peyote helps you back up.
You are no longer Helpless and are back at full Hits.

>>745651
You stand back up.
You are no longer Helpless and are back at full Hits.

>>745652
You strike the buffalo with your spell, dropping it back to bones. The anguished looking goat skeleton dives into the effect and joins the buffalo in death.

Armored Skeletons 2 and 6 collapse into bones as the magic holding them together fades.

Combat is over.

 No.745655

>>745652
>>745651
>>745650
>>745649
When the fight is over all that's left are broken bones, a broken ballistae, and some weaponry and armor. None of it's better than what you might have bought before coming here, but it is better than nothing. Continuing past the scene of the fight soon takes you to another archway. What lies beyond it looks suspiciously like a chapel.

 No.745656

>>745654
>>745655
"Alright. Why don't we actually take some time to patch ourselves up- this was really hard on everyone, and pressing further on wouldn't be good." the griffon says, panting from the pain and exertion.

 No.745657

>>745654
I hand over my 2 health potions left to Peyote and Nepenthe.
"I got this potion that'll sew your guts back into place, who wants it first?"

 No.745658

>>745654
>>745655
He gets back up, brushes off his shoulder and cracks his neck. He looks around at the bones in slight disappointment at receiving nothing.

>>745656
"Hm? Oh. Injured again. Allow me…"
[1d10] Wyrd Reconstruction

>>745657
"I think our feathered friend here would be better off with one in his system."

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.745659

>>745658
You fail to summon your magics.

 No.745660

>>745658
"No kiddin, that Inure shot didn't look like it worked ll that great."
>>745656
"Here's a Mend cocktail for ya, don't mind the taste now. Heh, not supposed to drink it!"
I take 6 on casting Mend on Peyote

 No.745661

>>745656
>>745660
Peyote heals 1 Wound.

 No.745662

>>745655
Morning groans and has his Abomination begin to consume the masses of bones for now. Might as well have him bulk up.

 No.745883

Previously, on Crypt Quest, the party finally walked through a hall of mirrors. After reaching the other side they were funneled into yet another samey stone hall lit by shadowless magical light. Unlike the last hallways, this one contained an ambush. Eight skeletons outfitted with serviceable armor and weapons waylaid the party with fire support provided by a combination of siege engine and buffalo skeleton maintained by a nimble goat skeleton. The party was wounded from their previous fight and mishaps and this battle nearly saw several of them die. Once the fighting was over the party was able to see that just around the bend is an opening to a new room. It resembles a chapel of some sort.

The party is in a bad way, health wise. Many of you are barely clinging to life after only your second fight in this crypt. Perhaps the taunting voice in the room with the faux crushing ceiling was right. You all sealed your fates by coming down here.

Remind everyone who is holding what. The party has obtained a number of small gems, potions of remove curse, two +1 Hit armors, and a faintly glowing Icon of Celestia.

>>745662
Your skeleton slurps and crunches the nine skeletons like dry spaghetti. One of them has been reduced to such a fine powder by the blow that destroyed it that your abomination can gain no strength from it.
Your Abomination has eaten 15 skeletons and now has 5+3 Hits and 5 Wounds.

 No.745884

>>745883
>>745883
Morning sighed and just leaned on the Shambling corpse bloated monstrosity he had been calling a friend as he quietly let things settle.

 No.745885

>>745883
I lightly curse under my breath and then start chanting some litany to Celestia as I use Spellbound Alchemizing to bring about a Distill Life potion set.
"Hold on everyone, I need to make more potions for y'all and it's going to take some time."

 No.745886

>>745885
It takes one turn to make the potion, and then another turn to cast the spell it contains

 No.745887

>>745885
"Sounds like a plan. I wouldn't wanna wrangle a dire snake in this condition, and I wouldn't wanna go further in this… place."

>>745883
>Peyote has: One potion of remove curse, One +1 Hit armor (Used on Tequila), and a small number of gemstones.

>>745658
Peyote hums a little, before saying "Hey, Nepenthe- while we're waitin', would ya mind comin' with me for a little? I wanted t' ask ya about somethin' I've been thinkin' about this whole crypt-place."

 No.745888

>>745883
>>745887
>Nepenthe has a +1 armor piece

He raises an eyebrow, looking a bit restless. "Hm? I'd rather keep… keep moving. But if you insist. What do you need?"

 No.745889

>>745884
>Morning has a potion of curse removal and one of the gems.

 No.745890

>>745888
Peyote gets up off of the ground and paces off towards the previous room- a flick of his tail brings Tequila along as well, who sticks relatively close to the two.
"Just somethin' in that other room I think we missed- the one with all the mirrors, yeah? You seem th' best about magic, so I figured you'd be good t' ask."

 No.745891

>>745890
He follows, but seems on his guard. "…Found something, have you." There's a hint of menace in his voice. "It may be best to let some things stay untouched."

 No.745892

>>745891
Peyote hums a little to himself, plodding along down the way- towards the mirror he'd inspected earlier. "I, hrm… th' more I listen to ya, the less I feel like… I unno, like you're who I think ya are." he remarks, before grabbing ahold of the stallion and trying to push him back towards the mirror. Tequila pitches in, throwing her bulk against the stallion's side to try and shove him off-balance

>Peyote's Shove (Silence, Trick Ammo): [1d10+1]

>Tequila's Shove: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2

 No.745894

>>745892
"This again!" he growls, struggling against Peyote's push. "Where are your wits!"

 No.745895

>>745894
"Yeah, 'this again!' You've seemed off this whole time- way too eager t' just ignore everything 'n push on. I figured I was just paranoid at first, but there's way too much that ain't addin' up for this to be, well… you!"

 No.745896

>>745895
"Arrant nonsense. You're jumping at shadows. Now unhand me this instant, you base creature, you. There's work to be done."
[1d10] Resist

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.745899

>>745885
You make a distill life potion and split it into three healing droughts.
How many potions does this put you at?

>>745892
>>745896
Nepenthe and Tequila leave the sight of the party.
Nepenthe shoves back against Peyote. Tequila tries to tackle Peyote but slips and slides into a mirror. After bumping against it she suddenly looks very haggard and flees down the hall towards the rest of the party.

 No.745900

>>745889
>>745886
A rather haggard looking Tequila runs past you both and towards the Chapel.

 No.745901

>>745899
"Gah- c'mon, I shoulda done this on my own!" the griffon shouts, grabbing at the Viper Hound's haunches and hauling her back
>Grab: [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.745902

>>745899
*Nepenthe, Peyote, and Tequila leave the sight of the party.

 No.745903

>>745899
I make a potion that *can* split into three healing droughts, once I cast it.
I then make make a potion of Resonance that'll allow me to recast something I've cast before- upon successful casting of said resonance potion.

"Hey Morning Light, why'd half our crew walk away like we're not down here hunting some dangerous monster?"

 No.745904

>>745901
Tequila tries to evade your grab.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.745905

>>745900
The necromancer tries to stop the poor critter.

[1d10] Grab.

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.745906

>>745905
And yours

 No.745907

>>745905
This time with a roll that goes through
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.745908

>>745905
>>745907
You grab Tequila. She calms down after a little bit.

 No.745910

>>745901
>>745899
"I don't know what you're playing at. They're just mirrors. See for yourself!" He lurches toward Peyote all of a sudden, trying to push him toward one of the mirrors.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.745911

>>745908
He pet the poor thing "Show me where your partner went there bud." he said with a small smile.

 No.745912

>>745910
Peyote huffs a little bit, trying to turn the shove around! "Gah, why's this gotta be so obnoxious!" the griffon says.
>[1d10+1] (+1 from Free Bird)

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.745915

>>745910
>>745912
Peyote grabs Nepenthe and turns the shove around, pushing the crystal pony into a mirror. Nepenthe suddenly turns into a much more haggard and loudly screaming version of himself as he bounces off the mirror.

>>745911
Tequila points down the hallway towards the mirror chamber.

>>745903
You make a potion of Resonance and are now at two (2?) of your three potions.

 No.745916

>>745915
Morning moves down with his abomination to find the other two.

 No.745917

>>745915
"Damned kids, back in my day we had to whisper to each other before entering a dungeion- *and we liked it!*"
I make a potion of Mend through spellbound alchemizing to fill my roster.

 No.745919

>>745915
>>745912
"Aaaaaaaaghhh!" Nepenthe stumbles backward and lands flat on his ass, looking around in a panic. He scoots backwards instinctively as he sees Peyote standing over him, but calms down as he takes in his surroundings. "I'm… back? …Are you real? Is this…?" He looks around in bewilderment, giving Peyote a little prod to check he's not hallucinating.

 No.745920

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.745921

>>745915
Peyote lets out a huff, and falls back on to his haunches. He bounces back up almost immediately, looking at Nepenthe worriedly.

>>745919
"You are! I almost didn't notice before, I'm so sorry I let this happen!" the griffon shouts, a little exasperated. "T-Though, I'm worried Tequila's gone 'n gotten swapped again. Did you… did you see anything in there? Did ya see Tequila?"

 No.745922

>>745916
You hear the screaming Warlock before you reach the end of the mirror maze. When you get there you see Nepenthe scooting around on his butt and poking Peyote.

>>745920
You can recall coming face to face with many minor demons. Calling on your powers in that place only brought more down on you. Your only options were to hide and run, and run, and run. There might have been someone else you knew in the mirrors with you, but it's all too horrible and you block out the memories.

>>745921
>>745919
Tequila and Morning Light enter the end of the mirror maze.

>>745917
You are now alone in the hallway.
You make a potion of Mend.

 No.745923

>>745922
"So… should we try to navigate this or try to break everything?"

 No.745924

>>745921
>>745922
"Tequila? Your, er, cat, was it? Hm, no, I don't think I did… It's all just been fire and blood for the last… Five weeks? Two days?… It's horrible in there… And fascinating. If it weren't for our mission I'd be going right back in with a notebook and quill."

>>745916
"Oh. It's you. Hello again. I think I popped out of reality for a spell." He clears his throat awkwardly and smooths out his robes.

 No.745925

>>745924
"Need me to hit ya or something to verify?"

 No.745926

>>745922
"So as I was saying…"
I look up from my potion belts to find myself alone again.
"I don't believe this!"
I stand up and move forward to find my group.

 No.745928

>>745923
>>745924
>>745925
>>745926
The party is reunited
Dandy Swill rejoins the party at the end of the maze of mirrors.

 No.745929

>>745928
>>745926
"Hello Dandy!" he says cheerily. "…Is something wrong? You seem vexed."

 No.745930

>>745924
"Well… y-you're you, that's for sure." he says, folding his ears back at the mention of returning with a notebook.

>>745922
Peyote frowns a little bit, flicking his ears and listening to Tequila. He takes a few moments to give her a glance over- listening to what she says, how she carries herself, and anything to figure out if this is the real Tequila.
>[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.745931

>>745928
>>745929
"I am vexed! Why are we crowded in this maze of mirrors that are trying to break out like there's a haydown party ready to brew up? Come on, this place isn't safe for us to be in!"

 No.745932

>>745928
Morning was quiet for a moment as he decided to see if there was a path to follow or a mirror that breaking might prove useful.

[1d10] PErception

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.745934

>>745931
I cast Mend on [1d4] Nepenthe/Peyote/Light/Myself [1d10+1] Spellcasting boost

And then lead us back out of the mirror maze

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.745935

>>745930
He blinks. "Is that a compliment?… Anyway. We have work to do, yes? Tempus fugit! …I think I said that already."

>>745931
A beat. "You're right. I was just telling Peyote here that we should get a wriggle on. And no more touching mirrors! …Er, is there a path ahead? I'm a bit behind…"

 No.745936

>>745930
You're pretty sure that this is the real Tequila. She seems about as shaken up as Nepenthe was.

>>745932
You could follow the path back to the start of the maze if you wanted, but that would be going backwards. You do spot that a second path joins the one you took right before the exit. Probably two of the four paths lead to this side.

>>745934
You heal 1 Wound on yourself and gain 2 temporary Hits.

Dandy Swill heads back to the hall where you all fought those skeletons.

 No.745938

>>745936
Morning decides to follow that path out of curiosity "Feel free to join me if you guys want."

 No.745939

>>745936
I turn to the group
"Alright this is where we proceed, I'm not going first though."

 No.745940

>>745938
Ignore that.)) He decided to turn back and head to Dandy's location, eventually heading to take point where he suggested.

 No.745942

>>745939
>>745938
>>745936
"It seems a better idea to follow Mr Swill," he remarks. "We probably shouldn't split up in this place either. Not with those grisly mirrors around. I say we go this way." He points in the direction Dandy's headed, and proceeds to follow him.

 No.745943

>>745936
Pyrite thinks on it a little, before… letting out a sigh, and getting up off of the ground. "I'm still me, girl. You can bite me if ya don't believe me, though." he says, reaching over and offering a claw.

>>745938
>>745939
>>745935
"We found a way forwards, Nepenthe. You missed a pretty grisly fight against some skeletons, actually. I think th'… the thing-" he gestures to Morning's Abomination "- ate 'em, though."

 No.745944

>>745943
>>745942
>>745936
I'm going first I guess!

 No.745945

File: 1598586542954.png (590.46 KB, 492x744, crypt quest banana.png)

>>745938
>>745939
>>745942
>>745943
You enter at the back of a small chapel. A tile path leads between three rows of pews with hinged seats. The pews are old and the cushions in their seats are faded and threadbare. Another tile path leads along the right side of the chapel where a mosaic depicts people spending and donating money. The creatures depicted in the mosaic are all dead and rotting. Various religious symbols are also set into the mural and glow with a soft, soothing light. At the end of the tiled path is a space with four silver candelabra set around an altar made of some kind of large, red crystal. The alter glows with its own faint light, but has a malevolent air to it. To the left of the altar on the left hand wall is another stone archway. This is filled by an opaque blue mist. A burnt skeleton is spread out on the ground and seems to be pointing at the mist.

 No.745946

>>745945
Morning moved towards the passage and investigated by having his Abomination touch the mist first.

 No.745947

>>745945
"Hm, are there burn marks on the floor near that skeleton?"

 No.745948

>>745945
He takes a moment to admire the architecture of the place. "What a remarkable place this dungeon is," he comments to no one in particular. He fiddles with the candelabra out of sheer curiosity, drawn to the crystal altar. He examines it more closely, trying to discern the nature of it. "What purpose do you suppose this serves?…"
[1d10] Perception
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.745949

>>745947
>>745945
I use Spellbound Alchemizing to make a potion of Commune.
"I'm gonna talk to this dead guy over here."

 No.745950

>>745945
>Tequila drinks the potion, healing to full hits(?)

"Hrm… this altar's pretty odd, don't ya think? Any 'a y'all ever seen a crystal like this before?" the griffon asks, humming softly as he looks around the room.

>>745948
"Well, maybe it's some sorta place 'a worship. Or, it looks like it is now."

 No.745952

>>745946
Your abomination's hand goes through the mist. It disturbs the mist slightly but doesn't seem to do anything to the abomination or let you see through the mist.

>>745948
The candelabra seem to be normal, if valuable, candelabra.
The altars about the same size as you'd find in any chapel, but cut from a strange red crystal that glows with an inner light and radiates a slight malevolence. The altar is barren of decoration or coverings on the side. On its top a large square has been carved into one side of it and the carved lines filled with gold. On the other side is a dark hole that has been cut in the shape of a stereotypical gem. The words FEED ME have been engraved in a circle around the hole, and these engravings are also filled with gold.
You get the sense that this altar is made to accept the gemstones you've been finding around here. You can tell that it works in increments of three gems, and that it can hand out both rewards and punishments.

>>745949
You create a potion of commune.
You are back at max potions.

>>745950
The potions made by Distill Life gives back 3 Hits.
You'll have to say what you are looking at specifically if you want details.

 No.745955

>>745952
I use the Commune potion on this dead skeleton
[1d10+1] Spellcasting talent
"Hey sir, or madam, how did you die and what are the demands of this room?"

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.745956

>>745952
Morning took a breath and decided to take a peek into where the mist was emanating from for now.

 No.745957

>>745952
>>745950
>>745949
>>745946
"Huh. Look at this, everyone. It seems we can… trade in our gems here. Somehow."

He experiments, placing the emerald from the fake trap room in the slot.

 No.745958

>>745952
Peyote glances at the altar in particular, trying to find the source of the glow. Maybe it's charged with magic, or it has a candle in it… somehow.
>[1d10+1]

Tequila gives the skeleton a curious once-over, from a somewhat safe distance. The hybrid looks around on the floor, seeing if anything else was as badly burnt as the skeleton was.
>[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7

 No.745959

>>745955
You fail to get a response from the charred pony skeleton.
2/3 potion slots filled

>>745956
You stick your head into the mist. It swirls around your face and obscures your vision. With just your head in you can't see through, but feel sure that if you took even a step or two forward you could see the other side.

>>745957
The emerald is too big to fit into the slot. The gems you have been finding are smaller and look like a perfect fit for the slot.

>>745958
You look all around the altar. The malevolent red glow seems to come from the very crystal itself. It's either a natural process or magical, but it doesn't feel friendly.
Tequila reports that only the skeleton is burnt, but to the point that many of its bones have cracked.

 No.745960

>>745959
Morning steeled himself and wandered into the mist a few steps forward now.

 No.745961

>>745959
"No one's home eh? Not the first time."
I look at everybody, then settle on Nepenthe.
"You guys drink your potions yet? I bet I could make some great potions this time with a little help from you Nepenthe."

 No.745962

>>745961
"Also if anyone's not drank that potion made by me yet, do so now cuz the Laughing God doesn't like when I warp reality more than he allows."

 No.745963

>>745961
"I gave Tequila mine- she needed it more 'n I did, I think. Not that I'm doing much better." he says, chuckling a little.

>>745959
>>745960
>>745961
>>745957
"Hrm.. this crystal just… glows. No candle 'r nothin'. Also, Tequila mentioned the skeleton's so burned it's cracked. We oughta be real careful in here."

 No.745965

>>745960
You step through the mist.


>>745961
>>745962
>>745963
Morning Light and his abomination are no longer with the party.

 No.745966

>>745959
>>745960
>>745962
>>745963
He purses his lips and looks back, a bit annoyed at going ignored. "Er, hello? Those gems we've been finding? We can insert them here and… something will happen. I don't know what yet. I don't have any of them myself. Perhaps someone else could give it a spin?"

 No.745968

>>745966
"Yea we can do that after a little help with casting. Or is that a no on the help?"
I turn instead and take a better look at the Mural
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.745969

>>745966
"Ack! Sorry, still a little dizzy." the griffon says, trying to shake it out. He holds up one of his two gems, looking for the spot to insert it. "I could just slide it right in here, if ya think that's smart."
>If no objections, he does so!

 No.745971

>>745968
The mosaic shows off scenes of dead, rotting people of different species spending money at shops and donating it to charity. Set into it seemingly at random are familiar and unfamiliar holy icons that all emit a gentle glow. The mural is unnaturally repugnant and the symbols are soothing. The mental dissonance this causes makes it hard to look at in detail for long.

-1 to your next roll

>>745966
>>745969
The two of you hear a *clink* as each gem is dropped in one at a time. The first is high pitched and the second is higher, seemingly building towards a third and final clink. Nothing else happens.

 No.745974

>>745971
"Hrm… I guess we need another, then. I only had th' two."

 No.745975

>>745968
>>745961
"Hm? Oh, yes, of course. This won't hurt, but you might feel a little… eldritch."

He pulls out the Hand of Glory with a bit of excitement, then whispers something to it. The mummified hand shifts and cracks horribly, turning to face Dandy and twisting its bony fingers into the sign of the horns.
>Tartarian Power: spell; Demonic power fuels your minion or an ally, making all their actions critical, success or failure, until combat ends or you take a DC6 action to end the effect. On Crit the magic fuels their body endlessly, preventing them from falling helpless. Whenever they would fall helpless, their hits fully restore and they lose a wound. On Critfail the target goes berserk, hostile, or possessed, and lasts until they fall helpless.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.745976

>>745969
>>745971
He huffs a little in disappointment. "Shame. Didn't Morning have one? Seems we need a third. …Hey, where did Morning go?…"

 No.745977

>>745976
"Morning had one, and I think Dandy had the rest? And… yeah, where is he?"

>>745968
>>745975
Peyote cocks his head to the side, waiting patiently to see what happens.

 No.745978

>>745971
"Ugh that's hard to look at."
I back away from the mural and look at the atlar.
"Well it's not getting spent in my sack."
Upon feeling the unholy flow of energy course from Nepenthe, I go to the Altar and hurriedly drop the next 9 gems into that red thing before casting Distill Life! [1d10+1] Spellcasting boost

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.745984

>>745975
>>745968
Nepenthe fills Dandy Swill's body with unholy power. The alchemist feels tireless and ready for glory and death, or at least really great potions and exploding brews.

All actions crit. You can't fall helpless. This lasts until the end of the scene (when you solve this room).

>>745976
>>745977
>>745978
Dandy Swill drops 9 gems into the altar slot one right after the other. The third clink is indeed the highest pitch, followed by another rising triplet, and another, then stopping right at the edge of a third crescendo.
There's a moment's pause.
In the gold outlined square atop the altar a diamond dog's paw holding a burning candle appears. The paw has been expertly preserved and the candle looks like is has gold flakes mixed into the wax.
>This is a +1 catalyst
There's a moment's pause.
In the gold outlined square atop the altar appears a finally tailored vest. Alchemical formulas are embroidered in it with rare silks from overseas.
>This is a +1 Hit armor
There's a moment's pause.
Massive bolts of lightning lance out at Dandy Swill, Peyote, Nepenthe, and Tequila. Nepenthe, Peyote, and Tequila are instantly struck dead. Dandy Swill, you take 3 Wounds of damage but remain standing due to Tartarian power, which now ends with Nepenthe's death.
Dandy Swill, roll DC6 to avoid losing 1 Wound permanently.

 No.745985

>>745984
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.745986

>>745985
With a final flare of pain the magical lightning fades away, leaving you badly hurt but no less whole than you were before.

 No.745987

>>745986
"Ah, I see why that goat skeleton dived after it's buffalo mount."
I make a nonstandard potion that turns fluid into glass and drink it. I'll end my life here with these few who didn't deserve death.

 No.745993

>>745987
Your body joins those of your charred companions, and the burnt black skeleton, around the altar.

 No.745997

>>745993
[1d10] F0r peeping the Mural

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.746006

>>745883
(1d10) to give a looky loo.

 No.746007

>>746006
[1d10] because I'm an idiot.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.746139

Many have died, yet the threat to the sleepy town of Farmingdon remains.

After passing through a mist-filled arch Morning Light found himself turned to their opposite, both in sex and alignment. Afterwards she fell afoul of a trap that returned the necromancer to the mausoleum at where the secret entrance to the crypt was hidden, but without any of her possessions. After fighting her way back through the halls and rooms of the crypt she found a scene of carnage: Nepenthe, Peyoot, and his animal companion Tequila burnt to death around the malevolent, red altar. Nearby, dead by poison, lay the alchemist Dandy Swirl. Morning Light gathered the loot they had found and gave their bodies to her abomination to carry then passed through the misty arch again in search of her missing possession. Although they found nothing their mind was put right again. When attempting to pass back through the arch again they were once again parted from their possessions and teleported to the mausoleum, but at least regained their original sex. Deciding that life as a female might be worth risking this crypt again Morning Light passed through its halls and rooms for a third time.
Meanwhile, a dragon from the Canterlot Thaumatological Society arrived to investigate the town's cry for help. With only her mechanical companion at her side, Perlite fought and thought her way past the undead and traps haunting the crypt. She nearly met her end at the hands of several heavily armed skeletons right before the chapel which had already claimed so many lives. Right as all hope seemed lost Morning Light arrived and finished off the final skeletons with the aid of his abomination.

Morning Light, you have gone ahead of this dragon while she gathered up the remains of her robot. After ducking in and out of the mist-filled arch you've gained the body and mind you came back for. There's still no sign of your possessions, but you have puzzled out that several of the apparently holy icons on the disgusting mural are actually fakes and can be pried free.

Perlite, you stayed in the hall for a while rebuilding your mechanical minion. Once it was functional again you proceeded to the next room, a small chapel, only to find a female unicorn there instead of a male unicorn. A tile path leads between three rows of pews with hinged seats. The pews are old and the cushions in their seats are faded and threadbare. Another tile path leads along the right side of the chapel where a mosaic depicts people spending and donating money. The creatures depicted in the mosaic are all dead and rotting. Various religious symbols are also set into the mural and glow with a soft, soothing light. At the end of the tiled path is a space with four silver candelabra set around an altar made of some kind of large, red crystal. The alter glows with its own faint light, but has a malevolent air to it. To the left of the altar on the lefthand wall is another stone archway. This is filled by an opaque blue mist. A burnt skeleton is spread out on the ground and seems to be pointing at the mist.

 No.746147

>>746139
Morning blinked as she saw someone else enter the room "Huh, didn't expect someone else to wander deeper into this death trap. Figured you'd have turned tail when your friend went down before."

 No.746155

File: 1599015563077.png (1.49 MB, 2296x2924, perlite.png)

>>746139
With much effort, Perlite successfully rebuilds her Assistant, using parts torn free and substituting the heavily damaged sections with spares from her bag.

With a heavy, wheezing sigh. she reaches for her bag and attaches the dictation device with a hollow thunk, the magnet holding the device to her machine's arm. After a moment, it begins reading her voice and outputting the results.

"Field report one: Arriving at the grave site of mage Lilly Vest, i have discovered a hidden labyrinth beneath her Tomb. disappearances appears to be result of reanimation via Necromancy, source unknown. The complex is vast and will require time to discern the extent of the tunnel system. Will provide detailed report upon finding safe location. End report."

With a click, she disconnects the device and faces her rescuer.

>>746147
"Admittedly, the fight looked grim." she replies with a nod. "My thanks."

"I am Perlite, Field agent for the Canterlot Thaumatological society. I take it you were sent in before me to investigate this tomb?"

 No.746158

>>746155
You revive your mechanical minion with 5H/2W.

 No.746159

>>746155
"Something like that, had friends but I got teleported and came back to find them dead. This place is less than safe." she said as she looked up to the symbols silently.

She let her horn light up as she pondered on it "Have a feeling I might know a way out." she said pulling everything but the symbols of the sisters out.

 No.746162

>>746159
>>746155
Morning light starts to pick the glowing symbols out of the mural depicting various scenes of dead and rotting corpses spending and donating money. At some point during the processes there's a loud click as a door in the mosaic suddenly becomes an actual door. It swings open and reveals a descending passage carved through the bedrock.

 No.746165

>>746162
Morning grinned and pocketed the symbol of chaos in her mane before looking back to…

>>746155
"Shall we push on then?"

 No.746168

>>746159
"Oh dear. My condolences." She replies. "I've had a sample of this tomb's lethality myself, as you saw while fighting the skeletons."

"The stonework would make it difficult to bury them, unfortunately, but with effort i believe we can recover them once this is finished."

>>746165
>>746162
"Indeed. For their sake, we must uncover what could be causing these disappearances and put an end to it."

With the way clear, Perlite follows this unicorn further down the passage.

 No.746170

>>746168
"If it's any consolation I'm pretty sturdy so if you think there's any kind of certain death ahead, lemme take the lead."

 No.746171

>>746168
>>746170
>room music: https://listenonrepeat.com/?v=JvCVMvDVguw#Search_For_The_Black_Ajah
The stone making up this hallway is all of one piece. Either this tunnel was cut through the living rock and polished smooth or the rock of the walls, ceiling, and floor was magically joined. The way is lit by lines of fire burning in small trough recessed into each wall. The come alight as you draw close and extinguish themselves once you have passed by. Your steps echo back from the darkness as this hall twists and turns.

You emerge into a vast room without any warning. Fire leaps from the nearest troughs into oil filled grooves in the floor. They come alight and fire races off in all directions, drawing strange patterns on the floor and racing up the walls. As the chamber fills with light as dragon's head comes into view, mouth gaping wide enough to bite event he largest of you in half. The head is not attached to a body, though, and is made of stone to boot. A statue of a dragon nearly the size of a small house lies left of center in the chamber, its jet body broken into a few large chunks.

The last of the oil comes alight, putting off greasy black smoke and lighting the entire area with a red glow. The lines of fire trace out ominous and arcane looking symbols on the walls and a winding. Across the floor the flames draw out branching, circuitous paths towards the other side. At the far end of this room are steps made of serpentine leading up to a landing and a large door made of bones. Flanking the stairs are a massive plinth seemingly made of silver, and another made of gold. The silver plinth is to the left of the stairs and is empty. The golden plinth is to the right of the stairs, and on it perches three dragon legs of jet and part of a dragon's torso. The rest of the dragon has crumbled into large pieces and fallen off towards one of the corners.

 No.746173

>>746171
>>746168

"I'm thinking this is either some kind of weight puzzle or it's a red herring and we just need to avoid touching the fire." she said aloud.

 No.746179

>>746171
Entering the room, Perlite stands by as the flames trace the path ahead into the room, illuminating the dragon and the plinths ahead.

"Interesting."

walking down the path, careful to avoid the fire, i carefully examine the pair of plinths ahead of us.

[1d10] Appraise

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.746181

>>746173
"In either case, we must approach this cautiously. Perhaps a closer examination of the statue could yield something of note?"

 No.746183

>>746181
>>746171
"Sounds good cutie." She replied as she nodded and examined the statue herself.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.746190

>>746179
It takes you and Morning Light several minutes to wind your way through the seemingly random paths laid down by the flickering flames. Trying to fight in such a room would be a nightmare without the ability to teleport or else immunity to fight. Each plinth is made of common stone that has been plated with gold or silver. You can see several deep gouges in each that look to have been made by massive claws. The golden plinth is plenty large enough to hold what is left of the dragon statue atop it. The silver plinth is equally large.
You are only halfway across the room now and next to the toppled and broken dragon statue. When you get closer to the plinths you may be able to see more.

>>746183
You follow Perlite through the winding paths hedged on each side by fire until you have made it halfway across the room. Trying to fight in such a room would be a nightmare without the ability to teleport or else immunity to fight. While she is busy looking at the shiny plinths you turn your attention to the fragmented dragon statue nearby. The jet of the statue is filled with seams of a magically conductive metal used in the creation and entertainment of larger enchantments. The amount running through this large block of carved jet is probably as valuable as both the gold and silver plinth combined. You can see a few nodules of bone woven into the rock in the largest clusters of the metal.

 No.746191

>>746190
Morning let her horn alight as she grabbed some of the fragments of the stone as she moved slowly through the fire trying to evade the flames.

 No.746192

>>746191
[1d10] to scavenge

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.746197

>>746190
"Hmm.. Claw marks on the plinths? Could they have been carved by the dragon this statue represents?"

cautiously, she winds her way through the burning path, re-examining the plinths once she gets closer.

[1d10] Appraise

>>746183
"Have you found anything?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.746198

>>746197
"Bones in the statue."

 No.746199

>>746192
You break off several chunks filled the magical metal and carry them with you through the rest of the wandering pathways. After a few minutes more you reach the foot of the stairs between the two large plinths. The green-black steps look like they were made for a giant. You'll be able to pull yourself up each one but simply walking up is out of the question. From down here the bone door is not in view.

>>746197
You spend a few more minutes winding your way between the flames until you reach the foot of the serpentine stairs. The green-black steps look like they were made for a giant. You'll be able to pull yourself up each one but simply walking up is out of the question. From down here the bone door is not in view. The plinths are, quite obviously, giant boxes. Stone plated with precious metal, and doubtless filled with a dragon's hoard of gems. If you could figure out how to open them you could eat like a queen for years!

 No.746200

>>746199
Morning had her Abomination slowly make it's way over hoping it's now larger stature would be useful in boosting her up the stairs.

 No.746205

>>746198
"Bones? Hmm.. perhaps some form of spell petrified this dragon ages ago."

>>746199
pausing in her examination of the plinths, Perlite takes flight, draconic magic allowing her to drift up to the top of the stairs, taking a moment to examine the door at the top.

[1d10] Appraise

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.746210

>>746205
"That or it was basically an armored necromantic beast."

 No.746211

>>746200
>>746205
Morning Light uses her abomination as a stepping stool, being careful to not trod on the dead bodies of your friends too much, in order to climb up the many large steps. Perlite simply flies to to top. There's a very large landing here, maybe big enough to fit both statues if they were still intact. It is pockmarked and pitted as if the stone itself had rotted away in sections.
You can't say how many bodies it must have taken to make this door. Pony bones abound but mixed in are bones so small they may have come from mice and bones so large they might have come from a hydra. On the front of the door, where a knocker might be, a skeletal mockup of an alicorn has been assembled. A black cloak is draped across it. A large, evil looking scythe lies on the edge of the landing far out of its reach. When you mount the final step the alicorn reaper clatters and jerks, raising its crooked head to look at you and raising its forehooves in an odd gesture.
"You stand on the threshold of Lilly Vest! You have done well to come this far but will come no further. Take your hard-won bounty and experience, and leave! To challenge me is to die and rise again as a defender of this tomb!"

>>746205
A door made of that many bones in a place like this must be magical. The alicorn reaper built into it might control the entire thing. The alicorn reaper is very obviously damaged and its words seem to be pre-recorded just like the shouting skulls in the room with the crushing ceiling. Magic is not your strong suit but you've got the impression that things here aren't as they seem. If there is a trap someone might have already sprung it.

 No.746213

>>746211
Morning cracked her neck with a sigh "So before I make a choice, are you the one who made the dead rise and are otherwise terrorizing the town above?"

 No.746215

>>746211
>>746213
"Ah, it appears to be another recording from the eccentric Lilly Vest. Do you see the damage there?" asks the dragon, gesturing to the reaper. "I suspect we may not have been the first to arrive here."

"You've a better understanding of magical attunements than i, given your.. choice of companion. Can you sense any spell around the door that could still yet activate?"

 No.746218

>>746215
"Ah… should we just smash it then? I could use a new Scythe."

 No.746221

>>746213
>>746215
"Foolish mortal, you cannot challenge death and win!"
It continues to moves its two hooves in an odd gesture.

 No.746223

>>746218
"Perhaps once we've confirmed that no ward or spell could activate once we approach it. I suspect we may be safe, but it is better to be sure than to act rashly."

"Now, can you sense anything unusual from the door?"

 No.746224

>>746223
>>746221

She tried her best to try and sense any magic traps.

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.746225

>>746224
The reaper is preparing a spell of some kind and you have only seconds to act. You've got no idea what the spell will do but you've never felt as much necromantic energy in one place as you can feel right now at the top of the stairs.

 No.746227

>>746225
Morning went wide eyed and quickly moved in front of Perlite to take the blow figuring she could tank the blast "Shit!"

 No.746230

>>746227
>>746225
"What in the world?! Pull yourself together, what do you see?"

 No.746233

>>746230
"A nasty ass spell is coming right at us!"

 No.746235

>>746225
>>746233

Wide-eyed, i dive to the stonework to avoid the blast, my assistant dropping down a step in response.

[1d10] dive!

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.746237

>>746227
>>746235
Morning Light bravely moves in front of Perlite to protect the dragon. Perlite dives to the ground and spreads herself out flat while her automaton drops down to shelter behind the stone of the stairs. Nothing at all strikes Morning Light, or Perlite, or goes whizzing past, or even happens. Several seconds go by and nothing has still happened. The reaper is still making odd gestures with its two hooves.
"Cower before me, mortals!"

 No.746242

>>746237
"Oh… Shit." she muttered face getting inflamed as she has her Abomination lurch forward and try to shut it up.

[1d10] Attack it please

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.746243

>>746237
A few tense moments as Perlite takes cover, before opening an eye, then sitting up. Her Assistant pokes his head over the step, before climbing back up to rejoin the group.

Perlite stands back up, a mix of anger and embarrassment evident on her face.

>>746233
"My word! Do you find it funny to nearly scare somepony out of their skin? The nerve!"

 No.746244

>>746237
>>746243
To save the indignity of it all, Perlite commands her assistant to try to open the door, eager to put this mess behind her.

 No.746245

>>746243
"It wasn't a joke… I thought I sensed it."

 No.746248

>>746237
>>746242
>>746243
She let her anger get the best of her as she added to it by also taking a swing at the bone animatronic.

[1d10+3] Reap

Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.746252

>>746245
"Hm.. Very well. I'm not well versed in magical warding, but Perhaps the reaper was masking it's energy, or something along that line."

 No.746253

>>746242
>>746243
>>746244
There's a loud, dry clatter as Morning Light's abomination punches the reaper in its skull. The animated mockery of an alicorn skeleton collapses like a puppet with its strings cut. When Morning's magic-charged hoof strikes the skeleton it falls off the door and strikes the ground. Bones fly off in all directions. Perlite's assistant gives the door a push and it swings open just wide open.
The door swings open at a touch. Beyond is a large room, though smaller than the massive chamber you've all just passed through, with a dirt floor. It is circular and the walls of stacked stone rise into a dome overhead, resembling the inside of an age’s old barrow. In places bones are piled high against the sloping walls. A partial circle of runes has been painted with some brown, flaky material. It stretches out from the wall in an arc that passes through the center of the room.
The area inside these runes is kept mostly clear and has been swept clean and level. Against the wall inside the runic partial circle an alchemy lab of some sort has been set up. The shelves are made from bone more than wood, and chipped glass and crystal flasks and tubes froth and fizz as some strange substance courses through them. Aside from the bubbling and hissing this place is as quiet as the grave.

 No.746254

>>746253
Morning grabbed the nearby scythe for herself as she headed in first, prepared to eat a potential blow "This bitch had a hell of a lot of free time on her hand if she designed a crypt this elaborate." she muttered annoyed

 No.746257

>>746254
The feeling of potent necromantic energy grows stronger as you walk over to the scythe. It very quickly becomes apparent that everything you can feel is concentrated in that weapon. Even with your necromantic background you've never seen an item so thoroughly steeped in death magic and curses. It is obviously a weapon of great power, and just as obviously something only a complete fool or suicidally desperate person would try to wield. It is just out of your reach but even being this close to it causes you extreme mental distress and physical pain. You doubt even touching it telekinetically would be safe.

 No.746259

>>746253
Cautious in her approach, Perlite enters shortly after the unicorn and her Assistant. Mindful of the area, she cautiously assesses the runes painted on the ground along the room's center, careful not to step over them.

[1d10] Appraise

>>746254
"Yes, something like this either speaks of a veritable army of builders or some means of prolonging her life while she worked here."

"Be mindful of the runes there, we know not if they are still active."

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.746260

>>746257
The effect it would have on your abomination, if it touched the scythe instead, is hard to predict. Losing control of it, at the very least. Probably something worse.

 No.746261

>>746257
She blinked and winced "Hmm, Think I found the source of the curse in this place." she said as she pulled back, part of her was looking around to see if there was somewhere she could cast the thing no one would be able to find it. Like a lava pit

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.746263

>>746259
You've got no idea at all what the runes mean. They aren't in any language that you recognize and you can't identify the substance used to paint them. After a long study all you conclude is that you've got a hankering for meat cooked rare.

>>746261
The discomfort and pain fade quickly when you back up a few steps. There's no place to throw it that you can see, and no way to throw it without touching it. Thinking about it, you were probably psyching yourself out after everything that has happened. There's no way it could be that bad, right? The power a necromancer would need to enchant something like that is mindboggling.

 No.746265

>>746259
>>746261
Perlite, standing inside the barrow, and Morning Light, standing on the other side of the open bone door, hear someone begin to speak. The voice is harsh, cold, and female. It manages to sound old without sounding infirm.
"Wonderful. Wonderful! After so many decades of seeming to not even know I exist, now, of all times, the living invade my home again! Of course! Well, you will rue the day you found that forgotten scroll, or heard that scrap of rumor, or whatever led you here this time. Come and get this over with. Your souls will serve a higher purpose."
A unicorn corpse walks into view from the hodgepodge of alchemical equipment within the runic circle. Its furless flesh is brown and black in color and stretched tight over its bones. Sigils that are obviously necromantic are tattooed or branded into its otherwise flawlessly preserved skin. The flesh has been carefully scraped back from its skull, leaving bone behind, and two sullen black gems sit in its eye sockets. Rather than reflecting or emitting light they shine with a deeper shade of darkness than is already present in this gloomy barrow. Charms of bone, gems, and precious metals hang from some parts of its body or are sewn into others. It wears a formal mage's cape cut in a fashion so old as to turn any museum curator green with envy.
It stands in the cleared patch of dirt inside the runic circle, unarmed and unarmored, watching you all.
"Well? None of us are getting younger."

 No.746266

>>746265
Take it you're Lily vest or someone who decided to take her tomb as a home?" she asked as she looked back at the scythe and weighed the odds of using it in a suicidal gambit if need be.

 No.746267

>>746265
"Oh my! This is unexpected. I had assumed We would be alone within this place. Miss Lily Vest, i presume?"

"I don't suppose you would be willing to humor the idea of speaking with us?"

[1d10] persuade

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.746269

>>746266
>>746267
"Oh-hoh! A pair of scholars, hmm? At least one of you seems to know how to read. Or was it one of those corpses on that meat sack's back that could read the books to you?"
The undead unicorn tilts her head to the side and continues with her scornful tone.
"No, no, those idiots couldn't even make it this far. Did they trip into the fire? Were they too greedy with my altar? One of you must be the clever one."

>>746267
"Talk? A dragon your age shouldn't even be out of the hatchery. I don't have time to talk, and am far more interested in your scales and bones than your words."

>>746266
A sly note enters the undead unicorn's voice and she looks at the scythe.
"Oh, grab it. Go ahead, you-"
The slyness is replaced by genuine shock and she does a double take.
"-you're a lifebinder. A genuine lifebinder!"
She dances a short jig and chortles.
"What a whore fate is! Hah-hah! Listen to me, lifebinder. I've been needing an apprentice as of late. I have a lot to teach and a lot that needs doing. You've only scratched the surface of true immortality. Kill that dragon and I will begin your education. You'll not find many liches, and no others at all who will make you an offer like this."

 No.746271

>>746269
"Mmm Why would I want to kill her though?" she asked dryly as she stood up and looked at her. "I mean the offers nice but killing her seems a bit pointless to the whole scenario." she added with a dry tone as she smirked.

"'Sides, I tend not to kill cuties without a reason."

 No.746272

>>746269
"How rude! For as long as you've waited, and all the effort to reach you, the least you could do is answer a few questions!"

"For instance, why begin to gather bodies now? presumably the missing villagers was your doing, correct?"

 No.746273

>>746271
The lich points a hoof at you.
"Because you aren't actually immortal. You can shrug off the effects of any normal weapon, but Father Time's arsenal is far more insidious. You'll grow old. Your fur will grey, your skin will sag, and those 'cuties' you like won't want a thing to do with you. Your eyes will dim until you can't see and your mind will start to fog until you can't remember who you are. Eventually your body will cease."
The lich sits down in the dirt.
"I can help you escape that fate. If you prove your dedication and ability. Decide quickly, I don't have the time to waste on overconfident youngsters. You'd have never made it this far if my defenses were all intact."

>>746272
Its gem eyes don't move but you get the sense they were rolled.
"Yes, my clever little drake. Why would I start harassing the town above my lair now, out of all the peaceful centuries it has existed above me? Why start taking living villagers when I have an entire graveyard worth of corpses at my disposal? Why reveal myself so that mayflies like you, yes, even you, dragon, can come and bother me?"

 No.746274

>>746273
She chuckled quietly "See, I'd much rather live fast and leave a pretty corpse. But if I get old and grey, well so be it. I'll probably have a few kids by that point. Immortality is nice but if I end up looking like you… I'll let time have my ass or find my own path."

 No.746275

>>746273
"Hmm.. To lure more useful or capable living to raise as servants for your nefarious schemes, no doubt."

"And yet, you chose to speak with us first, rather than simply obliterate us with magic or bar the way with undead. Was it to gloat, or perhaps to bait us into letting our guard down?"

 No.746276

>>746274
"You jump through my arch and start thinking about kids? Hmpf! Scandalous and stupid. And I thought those hellions were-bah! If you were worth considering you'd have been able to raise your friends on your own."
She stamps her hooves.
"Why would anything else happen? Of course nothing good ever happens to me, and double when I try to do a service to someone else! I don't deserve your disrespect, or any of these insults I've been forced to put up with!"

>>746275
The lich tilts her head again.
"I watched your progress through my crypt. You are capable, I'll give you that, but I won't extend that honor to those crispy corpses on that abomination's back. At the very least you're a fun distraction. Want to tell my why I broke my dragon statues? Why I disarmed my door guard? I can listen while I work. Dragon blood and bile might just be potent enough to fix all my problems."
The lich walks over to the alchemy lab and starts to mix together the contents of a few vials in a cauldron.

 No.746312

>>746276
"Look how about you just bring my friends back, pack up, and go be a problem for the Griffin's or something? I'd really rather not have to fight anymore."

 No.746318

>>746276
"Earlier I had assumed it was the work of the undead, forcing their way into the mausoleum and through the passage of the tomb, yet despite the mass of hooves and the apparent forced entry there was merely a hooffull of corpses actually present."

"Disabling the door guard purposefully, however, that was unexpected. If the end goal was to recover intact bodies, clearing the way would ensure the least chance of damage."

 No.746321

>>746318
"Not bad. Not right, but not bad. I'm done with this little game though. I do have a lot to do, and I need you both dead to do it."
The pile of bones against the wall rattles as two hulking, armored skeletons crawl out of it.

>>746312
The lich pauses.
"That idea isn't entirely terrible. I'll make you and a deal, lifebinder. I can call their spirits back to their bodies, but not force them in. Sometimes souls don't want to return. If I try to resurrect your friends all of you, dragon included, agree to do a favor for me. It doesn't matter how many actually come back, you'll still owe me the favor."
The four armored skeletons she raised from the pile stand silently near the wall.

 No.746322

>>746321
"What would the favor be?" she asked curious if she had something in mind for the scenario.

 No.746329

>>746321
Eying the skeletons and considering the situation, Perlite's claws brush against the stock of her Arquebus.

"And if we were to accomplish this task, you would halt the collection of living and dead from the town?"

 No.746331

>>746322
>>746329
"I need you to kill a vampire. Everything you've seen so far is a filter I built to keep all but the most exceptional away. Even after my descendant built that town up above it has worked wonderfully. There is a place even older than I am below here. I built my home there. This vampire has invaded my home and forced me up to here. I can't attack him directly, thanks to that barrier, but I can send all of you."
The skeletons start to slowly walk over to you all.
"So, do you want to get your friends back and fight a vampire or do you want to fight me?"

 No.746332

>>746331
She was silent "Will you leave the town alone if we do?" she asked after a moment as she looked at her with wary eyes.

 No.746337

>>746332
>>746331
"A vampire? Goodness, what a development. Far beyond what i had been originally dispatched to assess, but if we are to recover your home and defeat this night terror, We must have your word that the town is left to their own devices."

[1d10] Persuasion

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.746340

>>746332
>>746337
The lich's head drops into a stance of abject despair and remains that way for several seconds. Finally she looks up at you again.
"I've not been the one attacking the town, idiots. I don't need to feed. The vampire does. If I wanted the bodies from the graveyard I'd have them dig *down*, not…just…just try not to think to hard when you fight the vampire, okay? Maybe hypnosis will bounce right off your skulls. Also:"
She raises a hoof and points it at Morning Light.
"Don't let him bite you. I don't know about whatever spawn he might have sired, but he's strong enough that he'll suck your soul right out of your body. You won't come back from that death. Assuming you survive it you'll need to drink one of those lift curse potions I've hidden around this crypt for you all to find. The same goes for any spawn of his. You'll have a twenty four hour window to do it in, otherwise you become a vampire and stay that way. It will revert the effects of the archway too."

 No.746341

>>746340
"Duly noted. Would ending myself break the curse as well?" she asked as she seemed to be quite content with this offer.

 No.746342

>>746340
Realizing the error after a moment of thought, Perlite clears her throat and looks away, face flushed in embarrassment.

"Ah.. You do have a point. An honest mistake, I assure you."

*ahem* "Very well. You have a deal, Miss Vest."

 No.746344

>>746341
"Only if you burn yourself to death or cut your head off. You'd have to get the timing just right so you stay dead instead of coming back too soon and still under the curse."

>>746342
"Good! Verbal contracts are binding. Toss those corpses onto my side of these runes and I'll see if their souls are still around."

 No.746345

>>746344
Morning was silent "Fair enough." she said as she had her Abomination start shuffling forward to try and deposit the corpses to try and bring her friends back. If nothing else than to soothe her guilt about not being able to save them before.

"Ya know… while I might not be down for the whole lich thing… I might swing back around to pick up a few tricks."

 No.746346

>>746344
As the unicorn deposits the corpses past the rune wall, Perlite stands back to watch with interest.

 No.746347

>>746345
"Hmmf. If you pull this off I might consider it."

>>746345
>>746346
The lich has her skeletons arrange the bodies in a circle around her. After that they bring hew a few green glowing vials from her lab. She pries open their mouths one by one and carefully pours in the contents of the vials. The bodies start to thrash on the ground as soon as the glowing green potion passes their lips.
"Watch closely, lifebinder, and you might even learn something."
She rolls her shoulders, pops her neck, then gives each body a kick.
"Move your dead bones! You've got a job to do! Go on, get up!"

Dungeon cleared!
Secret dungeon unlocked!
Secrets missed: 4

 No.746349

>>746347
"I would have just said 'Arise Chicken' or something." she drawled.

 No.746898

Nepenthe
Dandy Swill
Peyote
You all feel a force gripping at your soul. It beckons you back to your restored bodies and life.

 No.746899

>>746898
He gasps as breath returns to him, taking a good minute to readjust to his surroundings. "Well. That was… something. …Now, where am I?" He slowly clambers to his feet and takes a look around.

 No.746900

Those of you who come back to life come back inside a a giant stone barrow. You are all arranged in a circle around an undead unicorn. Its furless flesh is brown and black in color and stretched tight over its bones. Sigils that are obviously necromantic are tattooed or branded into its otherwise flawlessly preserved skin. The flesh has been carefully scraped back from its skull, leaving bone behind, and two sullen black gems sit in its eye sockets. Rather than reflecting or emitting light they shine with a deeper shade of darkness than is already present in this gloomy barrow. Charms of bone, gems, and precious metals hang from some parts of its body or are sewn into others. It wears a formal mage's cape cut in a fashion so old as to turn any museum curator green with envy. Off to one side is a tight collection of wooden shelves and tables bearing a variety of alchemy equipment. On the other side of a series of magical looking symbols painted in a semicircle around the barrow stands Morning Light and her abomination. Morning Light is, for some reason, now a her. A white dragon stands near her along with a large bipedal automaton.

 No.746901

>>746346
>>746900
>>746349
He looks around in abject confusion and slight trepidation. He backs away slightly at the sight of the unicorn. "O-oh. Good evening. I think."

His attention turns to the other two present. "And hello to you too. What… what happened here? Last I remember there was a flash of lightning, then… well, this."

He does a bit of a double take as he sees Morning. "Oh! You look remarkably like one of my companions. I didn't know Morning had a sister."

 No.746902

>>746901
The unicorn chuckled "I might but this is Morning. Little magic trap I met gave me a new body."

 No.746903

>>746900
>>746901
>>746349
"Ah! We're, ah, back!" the griffon chirps, wrapping Tequila up in a tight hug and looking around.

>>746901
"That, ah, that is Morning, I think. Magic's funky, is all I can think."

 No.746904

>>746903
>>746901

"Mhmm, Found your corpses and figured I owed it to you guys to try and bring ya back."

 No.746905

>>746902
He looks disturbed. "You transferred your consciousness into your sister's body? That's… shockingly evil. No time to dwell on that though. Who are they, and where are we? Is this some strange illusory reverie?" He gestures at the dragon, her mechanical companion, and the mummified horse.

>>746903
>>746904
"Ah. Well that explains a lot. Wouldn't be the first time I died though, I think. Honestly I barely noticed we were gone."

 No.746906

>>746905
"No… stupid. I basically got a magic sex change from a trap."

 No.746907

>>746906
"Oh. So you're your own sister. That makes more sense, though it's still hard to wrap my head around…"

 No.746908

>>746347
Retrieving her dictation device, she applies the magnet to her minion's metallic arm, the device attaching with a thunk.

"Field agent Perlite, second report: town disturbance located. Vampiric undead taken refuge further below tomb of Lilly Vest. Beginning descent to address situation. Further report soon."

switching off the device, she takes the assembled reports and coats them in draconic lightning, the paper shrinking away as the magic carries it to the receiver.

>>746906
"Right then, we have quite the task ahead of us, it seems. How are you feeling? The others are coming to but we both are quite worse for wear."

 No.746909

>>746906
"Hrm… well, maybe passin' through it'd turn ya back to normal, but I'm not sure. Do you feel like you've changed any 'side from the obvious?"

 No.746910

>>746899
The undead unicorn turns to face you.
"My front porch. You've been brought back to deal with a vampire problem I'm having. There's a strong one who's probably made his lair as deep as you can go. Your job is to go kill him or die trying."

 No.746911

>>746910
>>746909
>>746908
>>746907
"Yeah, basically the vampire is the problem here, we get rid of that, the bony one here agreed to play nice. I mean she was nice enough to bring you all back to life."

 No.746912

>>746910
"Ah! W-Well, ah, okay- I reckon I could do that. Vampire's not my normal sorta prey, but I could take care 'a it." he says.

>>746911
"That's, uh, pretty nice 'a him then. I like havin' a second chance."

 No.746913

>>746908
"Uh, hello?" He seems slightly perplexed at the lack of introductions. "I don't believe we've met. I am Nepenthe, scholar of the arcane and purveyor of antiquities. And erstwhile corpse, apparently. And you are?"

>>746910
"Front porch. Is that your name or…? Regardless, er, I'll do what I can. I don't think I've ever dealt with a vampire before."

 No.746914

>>746903
Tequila hugs you back as best she can.

>>746909
>>746908
>>746907
>>746906
Lilly Vest gives Dandy Swill's body another kick.
"Well, three out of four isn't bad."
She stomps her hoof and the giant bone door you all walked through, or were carried through, slams shut. The sound echoes around the barrow.
"Listen up, all of you! You're going to take the elevator down to my personal rooms. You'll see an area that should still be pretty well blocked off. That's my family crypt. Don't disturb it. There will be a small water garden past that. Beyond the garden is my sanctum. It's full of old magic, older than me by ages, so that's where the vampire will probably be. He has at least a few spawn. Don't let them stop you. And lifebinder, here's something to replace the weapon you lost. I can't believe you never found it again. I can fix dead, but not blind."
A skeleton carries a small sickle over to Morning Light. While that happens part of the wall vanishes. Behind it is a rickety looking elevator made of bones and old wood. It is big enough to fit all of you and plenty more besides.
"It'll support all of you. Get moving."

 No.746915

>>746913
>>746912

"Ah, terribly sorry. I was compiling a report."

(>>746155 for description)

she clears her throat

"Perlite, Field Agent for the Canterlot Thaumatological Society, at your service." she replies with a nod.

 No.746916

>>746914
"If it was in the fire room, had a bit more pressing matters to attend to." she said with a sigh "Besides I can double back anyway."

>>746912
"Oh I do love making folks happy~." she said leaning in and batting her big purple eyes at the bird.

 No.746917

>>746914
"Very well. If my confidence is not misplaced, we shall return with vampire dealt with shortly."

Perlite and her assistant file into the elevator with the other raised souls, taking a moment to sip one of her healing potions as she goes.
>healing potion x1

 No.746918

>>746916
Peyote blinks a couple of times, before letting out a soft chirp and smiling.

>>746914
Peyote looks at Dandy Swill's body with a bit of concern, before saying "Well… we'll take the body back when we're done, I guess. Maybe we can find where they came from, 'n give 'em a proper burial. Anyways… we'll make sure not to disturb the crypt. A few spawn shouldn't be too bad, as long as we don't get caught off-guard."

 No.746919

>>746915
"Oh, a fellow researcher!" He looks excited. "I'm more of a freelancer myself, but it's always nice to meet someone with mutual interests. What fields do you study?"

>>746914
He feels a bit offended at being bossed around, but knows better than to talk back. "Gyoi, as they say in Neighpon. It will be done, Lady Porch." He nods and enters the elevator, humming a relaxing tune to pass the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_TcGPoFwPo

 No.746920

>>746919
"I perform most of the physical reagent gathering and data recording for the mages to decipher at the main office." she explains as the elevator continues the trip

"Brilliant they may be, most lack the constitution to handle the trek away from the society to gather data, hence my position."

 No.746921

>>746916
"I'm not going to give out hints for my puzzles. Besides, you don't get to go anywhere except down."

>>746917
Sorry, I forgot to say that everyone who was restored to life was brought back to full Hits and Wounds. I'm ignoring the potion drinking since it won't do anything and you'll probably need it.

>>746918
"If you can take out the vampire I guess I can let you leave with a body, sure."

>>746919
"Is that what they're calling it now? Hmph, you're a deal more polite than the lifebinder. Feel like taking an apprenticeship from a lich? You have some amount of potential."

 No.746922

>>746921
Peyote hops out and stretches his wings for a few moments, eventually tucking them back in and making for the elevator. Tequila will follow along, as well.

 No.746923

>>746920
"Oh, how wonderful! At least they're having some common sense and sending investigators like yourself out. Not like when I worked there. In my time, those fools at the university preferred to conduct everything in private, huddled away in their little towers, only sticking to what was deemed 'right' or 'moral'. Preposterous."

>>746921
"Oh! I appreciate the offer, but I prefer not to be bound to any one area for too long. There's so much more to see and do."

 No.746924

>>746923
"Oh? You were a society member?" she asks, a look of surprise crossing her visage.

"I had only been employed fairly recently by them, forgive me for not realizing. Were you a professor?"

 No.746925

>>746920
>>746923
"Oh! Th' both 'a ya work… err, worked there? Neat! It's a pleasure t' meet ya, Miss Perlite. I'm Peyote, and this-" he says, gesturing to the chimeric beast settled next to him "-is Tequila! We're critter handlers 'n monster hunters."

 No.746926

>>746921
>>746918
She chuckled to both as she moved towards the Skelevator

 No.746927

File: 1599793111232.png (492.45 KB, 683x626, crypt quest pear.png)

>>746923
"Suit yourself."

>>746922
>>746923
>>746924
>>746926
When you all get on the elevator the wall reappears in front of you. The elevator slowly drops down a shaft made from the same rough, joined stones as many of the crypt's hallways. When the elevator reaches the bottom you are all treated to a much nicer sight. The floor here is made of polished wood and the walls of smooth granite. Quiet, soft music seems to come from the air itself. A melody of strings that is soothing and a little sad. Something that looks like a castle's gatehouse has been built into the left-hand wall. A heavy portcullis blocks off a section of stone wall that is featureless save for a lever, with chains reaching down from above to two pressure plates. A carpet, heavily stained with muddy and bloody hoofprints, leads from the elevator to a strange pattern of stone squares on the far wall. A small chunk of the right-hand wall has been covered with some white, glowing design.

 No.746928

>>746927
"I'm going to hazard a guess that the blood is the vampire."

 No.746929

>>746925
>>746921

"Ah, a hunter sent to dispatch what may have been inside the tomb? excellent, and a pleasure to meet you as well."

her attention is drawn to the chimera in particular, regarding it with an inquisitive eye.
[1d10] appraise

"What a curious creature.. from the badlands, correct?"

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.746930

>>746924
"Oh, I wasn't of your group, but a similar one in my home country. I have had dealings with your ilk though. They seem to be coming around on the potential of the sorceries I study."

>>746927
>>746928
"Most likely," he agrees. He approaches the stone pattern at the far end to take a better look.
[1d10] Perception
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.746931

>>746927
>>746930
"I mean the bloods a bit obvious no?"

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.746932

>>746929
"Mhmm. Ya find a lotta them in th' badlands south 'a Equestria, and in th' Southern Griffonlands too. That's where I found Tequila here, back when she was just a pup." he explains, stroking her head a little bit.

>>746927
"I imagine th' area behind that gate's probably where we don't want to be goin', though I can't be sure."
>Peyote's Perception: [1d10+1] (Checking out the glowing design)

>Tequila's Perception: [1d10+1] (Checking out the bloodstains- how old are they? What do they smell like?)


>>746929
>Creature: Viper Hound
>Hits/Wounds: 4/3
>Description: A pony-sized, chimeric creature, a mix of a venomous snake and a coyote-like canine. Typically hunting alone or in small groups, Viper Hounds utilize a venom that induces a state of sluggishness in its victim. They are more intelligent than most animals, and each of a Viper Hound's heads are capable of thinking and acting separately. They do, however, share information- this makes them excellent at detecting or tracking something, and difficult to sneak up on.

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #2 5 + 1 = 6

 No.746933

>>746927
elevator finally landing, i look about the room with curiosity, recalling her words from earlier.

"Hmm.. by her words, this must be the room leading to the crypt, likely the gatehouse there."

moving further in, she examines the pressure plates set into the ground, trying to ascertain their function.

[1d10] appraise

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.746934

>>746930
The far wall is lit by magically burning sconces in the wall. They illuminate a mosaic made of only a few large squares instead of many small ones. A few of the squares have designs on them that look like they are part of a larger picture. Many of the other squares are all a uniform color. One of the squares in the design is missing and you can see tracks in the wall that the squares can move along. To the side of this design is a heavy wooden door inscribed with magical looking runes. Next to the door is a hoof-shaped button coated in many layers of dried blood.
You can tell that the button is enchanted to unlock the door but that the button is enchanted to only be pressable when the sliding blocks are arranged correctly. Although many of the squares are blank you can sense traces of how the design should be.
Thanks to that crit you can attempt to solve the puzzle on a DC 4 roll to solve it.

>>746931
It looks like both pressure plates would need to be activated to do have any effect. The glowing design on the righthand wall is obviously magical in nature and fairly large. The thing on the far side of the room looks like a puzzle of some sort.

>>746932
The righthand wall seems to be a uniform design of granite. The glowing white designs cover a rectangle roughly the size of a door. They are obviously magical in nature and seem like they are a ward against the undead. No trigger to open the wall is immediately visible but the shape described is so obviously a door that you know to look around for one. After a bit of hunting you find a stone that you can press and the hidden door covered by the ward slides open. Behind it is a staircase leading up in the direction of the puzzle wall.
Tequila sniffs around the bloodstains for a while.

>>746933
The entirety of the left-hand wall looks like some kind of monument. Broken and defiled alicorn statues, in poses of morning, flank a large rectangle of some strange dark stone. A lever sticks out of this stone and next to it grooves in the rock describe the shape of a door. Stone and lever both are blocked off by a heavy portcullis. Two dragon heads, carved from stone, jut from the wall above the portcullis. Two heavy chains stretch from their mouths to small holes in the floor near pressure plates at the corners of the left-hand wall. The lever is positioned in such a way that it can only be reached after the portcullis is raised. Anyone trying to pull the lever would be forced to stand under the portcullis. Should the portcullis fall on them their death would be both fast and messy.
Both pressure plates need to be weighed down for the portcullis to rise. It would take a while to rise high enough for anyone to reach the lever. If either pressure plate was let up the portcullis would most likely drop instantly, smashing anyone under it.
You're pretty sure this leads to the family tomb the lich was talking about.

 No.746935

>>746934
"Hmm…" Given what happened last time he messed with some artifacts in this place, he's more than a little cautious as he fiddles with the puzzle. He arranges the squares in what he feels to be the proper design.
[1d10] Solving

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.746936

>>746934
"Not sure what the Pressure plates do but maybe they can help as like a… last resort or something."

 No.746937

>>746934
"Hmm… Tequila says th' blood's a bit of a mix. There's fresh blood, old blood, and bad blood- some 'a the same blood she smelled a lot closer to the surface. I reckon somethin's come through here recently." he says, stroking his beak.

He hums a little bit, and waves the others over "Hey- I found some sorta passageway over here! Though, it looks like it's some sorta ward." he suggests, looking up the staircase.

Tequila sniffs at the air inside, trying to get an idea of what might be up there.
>Tequila's Perception: [1d10+1]

>>746934
Peyote glances over to Nepenthe, ready to grab him in case the puzzle reacts poorly.
>Brace: [1d10] (Just in case!) on Nepenthe

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.746938

>>746935
You step forward to move the blocks but put your foot down in an open can of paint you somehow missed. You trip and end up covered with the stuff. It's the same shade as the blank blocks in the puzzle in front of you.

>>746937
Tequila hisses and backs away from the door.
You are too slow to keep him from stepping in a can of paint and spilling it all over himself. He's now the same shade as most of the blank blocks in the puzzle.

 No.746939

>>746937
>>746938
Nepenthe is blissfully unaware of Peyote standing ready to help, fixed solely on solving this puzzle. He gasps and cowers as the paint falls on him, spitting and wiping it out of his face as best he can. "Ugh! Pfft. Bleh. Unsightly." He takes a few steps away, sighs heavily, then shakes like a wet dog to get as much off him as he can. "I have some words for that lich once we're done here."

After taking a bit to recover from the horrendous psychological trauma, he gets back to trying to solve the puzzle.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.746940

>>746934
"Ah, quite the elaborate setup to protect the crypt, pressure plate, lever and a crushing portcullis. I see why she warned us not to bother it."

>>746937
"Interesting.. do you think it could lead to the garden?"

 No.746941

>>746938
>>746940
>>746939
"Ah- Tequila says she smells the bad blood up here! This mighta been where the vampire 'n his spawn got off to. Probably not the lich's family- the Lich didn't smell like that."

 No.746942

>>746941
*Name Correction

 No.746943

>>746939
This time you slip on a wet paintbrush and fall back into the puddle of paint.

 No.746944

>>746939
"Having a rough time there?"

 No.746945

>>746941
"Ah, i see. Curious as i am to check the stairs, we should wait and see just what could be behind this locked door Nepenthe is working on. If it proves to be nothing, we may have our route up there."

 No.746946

>>746945
"Hrm… fair enough- as long as we don't touch anythin' this lich wouldn't want us to, ya know?"

 No.746947

>>746944
>>746943
He catches himself, but ends up splashing even more paint over himself in the process. He looks up at Morning's sister with a frown. "It's not as easy as you'd think…" He picks himself up, shakes off and tries again.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.746948

>>746947
After a bit of magical probing you realize that the mechanisms behind the puzzle are broken beyond repair. Instead, the blood-coated button has been modified to open the door if you splash it with fresh blood. You do so from a distance to avoid any possible contamination. The door next to the puzzle swings open.
+1 to your next two rolls since I missed that in my notes and ended up wasting your time.

 No.746949

>>746948
>>746946
>>746945
>>746944
"Aha. Well there you go. Let's not dilly-dally!" Despite everything, he keeps a positive attitude as he moves toward the door and pokes his head in to have a look around.
[1d10] Perception
[1d10] Esoterica

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.746950

>>746949
>>746948
"Excellent work. Now, do be careful. The vampire and his ilk could yet lie in wait for us."

with the door open, Perlite follow Nepenthe's lead, holding hier lantern ahead as her assistant follows after.

[1d10] perception

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.746951

>>746948
>>746949
Morning just laughed a bit as she headed with them into the area.

 No.746952

>>746949
>>746950
>>746951
"Alright, let's give it a check, then- we oughta check th' door Tequila sniffed out after this, though. We don't wanna be messin' around in here outside 'a fightin' the vampire, yeah?"

 No.746953

>>746952
"Exactly. As she mentioned, the garden is next on route to the likely place for the vampire to hide. if not through here, it should be through the staircase.."

 No.746954

File: 1599800006310.png (430.73 KB, 447x595, crypt quest eggplant.png)

You step through the door into what was probably meant to be a nice, natural area underground. The fires sputter in their sconces and do not provide nearly as much light as they did in the previous room. Metal trellises, choked with small vines, stretch from the floor to wooden beams above. The ceiling above them is obscured by darkness. The trellises serve to screen a large pool of water that takes up about half the floorspace of this room. The water is brownish red and just translucent enough to see many fresh corpses packed together under its surface. A stone bridge wide enough for only one person to cross at a time without falling off spans the water and leads to an identical segment of floor that is also screened with vine-choked trellises rising to the beams above. There is a door on the other side of the bridge.

>>746949
Only sticking your head through the door keeps you from seeing what is under the surface of the water. You can feel a hint of something like necromantic energy coming from the room. You can't see past the trellises on the far side of the bridge, either. Anything could be hiding back there.

>>746950
The corpses lying under the water are dead for sure. Bite marks large and small mar their bodies. Despite that they look like they are waiting for something. Holding your lantern high you are able to push back the shadows from the rafters. You see two pairs of blood red eyes staring back down at you. Two fangy Cheshire grins appear under each pair.

>>746949
>>746950
>>746951
>>746952
A pair of mature, but young, ponies drop down from the dark rafters on the far side of the bridge. At first glance they look like bat ponies, but after looking at them long enough its obvious they weren't born with those fangs or those blood red eyes. The male has a rust-red coat and a mane and tail that are dried-blood brown. The female has a dried-blood brown coat and rust red mane and tail. Each of them have an identical cutiemark: A full moon with bats flying across it.
Neither of them is wearing anything and they are standing close enough for their tails to curl together. Each is grinning, showing off their fangs, like they know a joke the rest of you don't. They start to speak one after the other, with the female starting.
"You've got good eyes, misses dragon."
"And a good body."
"Now we don't get to watch you from hiding."
"We love to watch."
"But at least we get to learn what dragon tastes like."
"Even if it's only delivery dragon."
"How'd you get past the lich?"
"No way you killed her, did you?"

 No.746955

>>746954
Morning and her Abomination prepared as she twirled her Sickle ready to fight "I will end you creatures. I made a deal to."

 No.746956

>>746954
He looks around the room, then his expression hardens as he sees the two vampire ponies. "Wouldn't you like to know." He pulls out the Hand of Glory and readies himself for a fight. "I think we both know why we're here. Let's make this quick."

 No.746957

>>746954
Peyote hunkers down a little, as if to get ready to pounce, and watches the two of them warily. "So… vampire spawn, I take it? Ya don't look like normal batponies. How we got past doesn't really matter, though- we've gotta take care 'a the vampire."

Tequila hunkers down and growl-hisses, the hair on her neck raising.

 No.746958

>>746954
Entering the room and revealing the vampire spawn, Perlite unstraps her Arquebus, ball pre-packed, to level onto the undead pair.

Her assistant draws close, the whirring of clockwork increasing in volume as it enters a defensive stance.

"Hm. so it seems my presumption was correct, an ambush was placed. Clever."

"We have our mission, and what you may taste is this!"

with a click of the firing pin, a lead ball sails past the group into the left-most pony!
>aimed shot

 No.746959

>>746958
Seeing as the direction's been decided, Peyote and Tequila lunge for one of the batponies!

>Peyote's Attack: [1d10+1]

>Tequila's Attack: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.746960

>>746955
Their grins widen.
"Feisty."
"Spicy."
"Cute."
"Very."
"Are you a vampire hunter?"
"Have you ever been vampire hunted?"


>>746956
"Why do you have a hand?"
"You're gross."
"Where do you think he sticks it?"
"Maybe it's a bookmark?"
"He doesn't look like he knows the difference between his ass and a book."
"An uncomfortable bookmark."


>>746957
They hunker down too, obviously mocking you.
"You're here for Father?"
"To kill him?"
"We'd love to see that."
"We really would."
"But we can't let you."
"We really can't."
"We have orders."
"Strict orders."


>>746958
They watch you take out your gun.
"You think she's really going to?"
"She's bluff-"

You strike the female of the pair in shoulder. Both of them look, in unison, at the wound as a trickle of black blood oozes out.
"Bluffing?"
"Shut up."
"I think she's bluffing."
"I'm going to eat her heart."

>>746955
>>746956
>>746957
>>746958
Both the vampires leap straight up into the dark rafters.
[1d10+1] Stealth, male
[1d10+1] Stealth, female

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 10 + 1 = 11

 No.746961

>>746960
The male slams headfirst into a rafter and falls into the water. He starts cursing but hasn't fallen over. Meanwhile the rest of you never even hear the female land on the wood. Her laughter seems to come from all around.

The female vampire has lost 3 Hits.
The male vampire has lost 5 Hits.

 No.746962

>>746960
>>746959
>>746958
>>746957
She turned and rushed to hit the male "If they try to turn you, drink your curse potion as fast as you can, or you'll turn.

[1d10+3] Reap the male vamp

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.746963

>>746960
He smirks a little. "You'll see." He raises the Hand of Glory with a muttered incantation, and it twists into the sign of the horns, pointing at the male vampony.
>Enfeeble: Recharge 2, Weakens a target’s will. Whenever the target goes helpless, it cannot get up on it's own and needs help to get back up from one of its allies. Lasts until the target dies or is cured. On Crit the target loses all strength and is immediately rendered helpless.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.746965

>>746960
"I have dealt with your kind before, you know!" she shouts to the rafters, noting the male's failure to hide, landing in the water below.

"Had i known, i'd have packed my silver rounds! Not to worry, lead will work just fine for this!"

Taking the lantern, Perlite's assistant pans it around the rafters and the area nearby, searching for the missing batpony.
[1d10] perception

"Although.."

Spotting an opportunity, Perlite inhales deeply, a roar of blue lightning spilling out into the water and towards the soaked darkspawn!
[1d10] Dragon breath, lightning

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.746967

>>746960
"Tequila! Rip!" The griffon shouts, pointing at the downed vampire spawn before lunging for them himself- aiming to take advantage of his slipup to take him out quickly.
>Peyote: Marksman Shot (Silence): [1d10+1]

>Tequila: Targeted Strike [1d10+1]


Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #2 7 + 1 = 8

 No.746969

>>746962
You leap from the floor and into the water to get close enough to the male vampire. Several hooves reach up to grab you and sharp teeth bite into your legs as the corpses you are standing on start to come to life. The male vampire rubs his head and smiles at you.
"Sister, that cute mare just tried to reap me!"
"You get all the luck."

You are now Helpless! You lose 1 Wound.

>>746963
Something swoops down from the rafters just long enough to kick you in the head then returns to hiding up above.
You lose 3 Hits, plus 1 from Perlite's attack. The attacking undead let go and return to their rest.

>>746965
She's hanging from her tail behind you, seemingly admiring your rear. She claps her hooves when you shock the water, electrocuting everyone in it.
Morning Light loses 1 Hit.
Peyote loses 1 Hit.
Tequila loses 1 Hit.
The male vampire loses 1 Hit.
The undead attacking Morning Light let go of her and return to their rest.

>>746967
The male vampire watches you nimbly step over the undead resting beneath the water then, faster than you can see, slugs you in the side of the beak.
"Your girlfriend's exotic."
The female vampire responds from behind you somewhere.
"That's a bit much even for us, brother."
He glances down at Tequila when she bites him. His smile says he's more than willing to take turns.
The male vampire loses 3 Hits. The venom seems to have no effect on the vampire, though the physical damage of the bite still applies. He ignores the DM +2.

>>746962
>>746963
>>746965
>>746965
The male vampire opens wide and bites Tequila while she is still biting him.
[1d10] Lifestream

The female vampire gives Perlite a smile.
"No reason we can't have fun before I eat your heart~"
Her eyes start to glow.
[1d10] Vampire Transfix

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.746970

>>746969
Tequila, Peyote, Morning Light, and the Male Vampire are in the water.
Nepenthe, Perlite, her mechanical minion, Morning's Abomination, and the Female Vampire are on the near platform.

The male vampire starts to spit and gag after biting Tequila, stumbling away and tripping.
The male vampire is now Helpless and loses 1 Wound.

>>746965
It's all you can do to look away from the vampire's gaze. Beat 8 to avoid being transfixed. Treat it as a mental dodge roll.

 No.746971

>>746969
"Agh!" He rubs his head and grimaces from the blow. The Hand twists into a grasping claw gesture and lashes out at the male vamp as he looks around for whatever attacked.
>Enfeeble: Recharge 2, Weakens a target’s will. Whenever the target goes helpless, it cannot get up on it's own and needs help to get back up from one of its allies. Lasts until the target dies or is cured. On Crit the target loses all strength and is immediately rendered helpless.
[1d10]
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.746972

>>746969
Morning groaned as she tried to force herself back up to keep going as she had he Abomination swing at the female.

[1d10] Get up
[1d10] Smack a bitch

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.746973

>>746972
>>746965
"Please don't shock me again… kinda about to die here." she groaned

 No.746974

>>746969
Tequila ignores the sluggish attempt at biting her, and begins tearing at the vampire's throat after he stumbles over and falls back.
>Tequila's Attack: [1d10]

Peyote tries to unfurl his wings and lunge for the female, breaking her stare!
>Peyote's Attack: [1d10] (Simple, DC -1)

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.746975

>>746969
Cutting off her breath with a gasp as the others have jumped in to fight the male, Perlite turns to spot the other watching her from behind!

she tries to raise her arquebus but falters, meeting the vampire spawn's eyes. she struggles to pull her gaze away from the spell's effect.
[1d10] resist!

The assistant, finding it's target, releases the hatch on it's chest, dragging an arm across the opening to turn the iron-clad limb red hot, before slamming it into the nearby temptress
[1d10] Hot irons

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.746976

>>746971
You can hear her behind you, but before you can look Peyote barrels into you in his mad dash to save Perlite.
Your are Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>746972
You're too weak to stand on your own!
Your abomination swings at the male vampire but misses.

>>746974
Tequila trods on the corpses under the surface of the water. They come to life and grab at her, biting and not letting go.
You have to knock over Nepenthe to reach Perlite in time. The female vampire hisses and pulls her gaze away from the dragon when you attack her.
Tequila is now Helpless and loses 1 Wound!
She will lose a Wound each round as the corpses gnaw on her, until she is no longer Helpless or the corpses are beaten back.
The female Vampire loses 3 Hits.

>>746975
The stare is broken abruptly and you are left with a bad headache. Peyote has saved you.
The vampire hisses loudly as the burning hot iron touches her fur and sears it.
You lose 1 Hit.
The female vampire loses 4 Hits.


The female vampire flies over to the male and lands above him, assuming a protective stance.
The female vampire uses Protect.

The male vampire tries to stand.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.746977

>>746976
The male vampire can't rise.

 No.747108

Previously, on Crypt Quest:

The surviving members of the party reached a deal with the lich who claimed to be Lilly Vest and the builder of this crypt and death trap. The lich restored everyone but Dandy Swill to life and in return they agreed to go down to her private quarters and destroy the vampire that had laid claim to it. She warned them that it would probably make its nest in the deepest area, which is older even than she is.
After traveling down a bone-and-wood elevator the party found a room with the progress blocked in three directions by a portcullis, a sliding block puzzle, and a magical ward. A secret door leading to a dark staircase up was hidden by the ward, which the party ignored. The door opened by the sliding block puzzle lead to a small indoor garden with vine covered trellises and a narrow stone bridge over a pool of water filled nearly to the brim with corpses.
Inside the garden the party was confronted by a pair of twin vampire ponies. After a brief exchange of crude banter Perlite fired the first shot and combat began. The party quickly learned that the corpses filling the pool of water aren't as dead as they seem and have a habit of clawing and biting at those who trod on them.

The female vampire is currently in the pond and Protecting the male vampire.
The male vampire is currently in the pond and Helpless.
Morning Light is currently in the pond and Helpless at 1 Wound. She cannot rise without assistance.
Morning Light's abomination is currently in the pond.
Peyote is currently on the near-side floor.
Tequila is currently in the pony and Helpless. She is being attacked by the corpses and will lose 1 Wound per turn until she is no longer Helpless or the corpses are beaten back.
Nepenthe is currently on the near-side floor and Helpless.
Perlite is currently on the near-side floor.
Perlite's mechanical minion is currently on the near-side floor.

 No.747109

>>747108
>>747108
Morning resolved to have her Abomination wail on the male while she just laid in the pool quietly groaning in pain.

[1d10] Abomination strike.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.747110

>>747108
"Al'ama…" He curses in his native tongue, wincing at his wounds. He tries to stand back up, legs trembling slightly.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.747111

>>747108
Peyote tries to help pull Tequila out of the corpsewater!
>[1d10]
Tequila tries to free herself, as well!
>[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.747112

>>747108
Perlite raises her Arquebus and fires another lead shot at the guarding vampire, while her assistant lumbers over to help Nepenthe onto his hooves

[1d10] Ranged

[1d10] recover assist

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.747113

>>747109
The female vampire leaps onto your abomination and rips out a large chunk of flesh.
Your abomination loses 4 Hits.

>>747110
You are too shocked about being knocked over by Peyote to stand up right away. Good thing he's for sure the real Peyote, and not a doppelganger trying to sabotage you all, right?
You are still Helpless.

>>747111
You reach out your talon from the near landing and grab one of Tequila's legs. While she scrambles away from the starving corpses you pull her free.
Tequila is no longer Helpless.
Tequila has moved to the near landing.

>>747112
You shoot the female vampire in the chest. She snarls then blows you a kiss. Your mechanical minion tries to help Nepenthe up but is too clumsy.
The female vampire loses 3 Hits.
Nepenthe is still down.


"Enjoying your swim, brother?"
"Enjoying getting penetrated by the dragon, sister?"

The female vampire helps the male vampire to his feet.
The male vampire is no longer Helpless.
The female vampire is protecting him for 1 more turn.

 No.747114

>>747113
He tries to get up again.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.747115

>>747113
Morning just panted and groaned as she decided to try and have her Abomination help her up now. She just wanted to kill these damn blood suckers.

[1d10] Raise me up you corpse.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.747116

>>747113
"Well, at least th' two 'a ya get along… eh, somewhat." the griffon remarks, whistling for Tequila to help up Morning Light
>Assistance roll (Tequila): [1d10]

>Peyote's Marksman Shot (Female Vampire, Silence): [1d10]


Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.747117

>>747113
"Hm. Flirting won't help you, you know!" she calls out from across the water. "I am nothing if not professional."

With peyote closest, Perlite shifts position to eye the griffon's weapon, quickly optimizing it's output.
[1d10] sharpen, Peyote

Her assistant follows suit, calibrating the arquebus while the dragoness is busy.

[1d10] Sharpen, Perlite

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.747119

>>747114
You manage to stand back up this time.
You are no longer Helpless.

>>747115
Your abomination just sort of pats your body like a very slow diamond dog trying to pet a very small kitten. Luckily Tequila is there to help you up.
You no longer Helpless.

>>747116
"We get along-"
"-very well."
"Care to join?"
"Your girlfriend can too."

Tequila scampers back into the pool, this time walking much more carefully, and manages to reach Morning Light without triggering an attack. She helps the female lifebinder back to her hooves. You launch yourself into the water, also carefully, and punch the female vampire in the mouth. She gives you a bloody smile even as you knock the magic right out of her.
The female vampire loses 5 hits.
The female vampire is Silenced for 2 turns.
+1 to your attacks with your claw wraps for the duration of combat.
Both you and Tequila are in the corpse pool.

>>747117
"You aren't nothing."
"But you will be."

Before Peyote launches himself at the vampires you adjust the fit of his claw wraps. While you do that your assistant adds a camo-paint finish to your arquebus, boosting its damage.
+1 to your attacks with your arquebus for the duration of combat.


The female vampire collapses under the weight of her damage. The male vampire rolls his eyes and stands over her body, head held low and wings spread to the sides, facing off against you all.
The female vampire is now Helpless and loses 1 Wound.
The female vampire is Silenced for 2 turns.
The male vampire is Protecting the female for 2 turns.

 No.747120

>>747119
Morning let out an enraged growl as she drew her scythe and once again rushed in to put the male vamp down.

[1d10+4] Reap

Her Abomination followed suit to kill it now.

[1d10] Paunch

Roll #1 6 + 4 = 10 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.747121

>>747119
"Enough of this!" He raises the Hand of Glory and points it at Morning. It opens its fingers and splays them out wide, palm facing outwards toward her.
>Wyrd Reconstruction: spell, recharge 1; Nepenthe attempts to reseal the target's injuries with dark magic. Heals 2 hits on a success, and 1 additional hit per roll (3 on 7, 4 on 8 etc). Heals 1 wound on crit. Overheals grant temporary max H/W equal to the roll -2, minimum 1. Overheal does not apply to targets that are at full hits. On critfail, the target takes 3 hits.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.747122

>>747119
Nodding satisfactorily at the adjusted wraps, Perlite turns to see the new paint on her arquebus. eyeing the rifle with a raised eyebrow, she gives a light shrug, places it against her shoulder and aims for the now standing male, smoke bursting out as another lead ball is sent flying!

[1d10+1] Ranged

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.747123

>>747119
Peyote ignores it, directing Tequila to attack the male vampire in tandem with him!
>Tequila: [1d10+1]
>Peyote: [1d10+2]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 10 + 2 = 12

 No.747124

>>747120
Rather than screaming when you slice into him with your scythe, he moans. His insides are on display now but nothing comes spilling out. The hole slowly starts to stitch closed. When your abomination closes in on him he leaps up and tears out another chunk of meat.
You feel a surge of awesome power filling you and your body starts to mend itself.
The male vampire loses 5 hits
Your abomination loses 3 Hits
You gain 1 Wound

>>747121
The grim powers granting you strength finally decide to cooperate. Strength surges out and fills Morning Light's body, healing the nearly-broken thing and repairing flesh and bone.

>>747122
As snazzy as your new gun is, you still miss the male vampire by a longshot.

>>747123
You and Tequila both leap at the male vampire. Tequila bites and claws at him while you pummel him until you can hear bones breaking. Despite that he doesn't seem all the worse for the wear afterwards.
The male vampire loses 12 Hits.

The female vampire struggles to get back up.
[1d10]
The male vampire darts towards Tequila as if to attack her then pivots sideways and bucks, aiming at Peyote's most sensitive bits with both hooves.
Cheap Shot
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.747125

>>747124
The female vampire lightly gets back to her hooves.
"Don't break the handsome one, brother."
"I thought you wanted the dragon?"
"You know we both want more than that."
"I'm sure he'll be fine."


>>747123
Peyote, you are left curled up in a ball on the ground, Helpless.
You lose 1 Wound

 No.747126

>>747124
He grins satisfiedly and whispers some eldritch words. The Hand twists into a beckoning claw gesture, pointing at the male vampire.
>Enfeeble: Recharge 2, Weakens a target’s will. Whenever the target goes helpless, it cannot get up on it's own and needs help to get back up from one of its allies. Lasts until the target dies or is cured. On Crit the target loses all strength and is immediately rendered helpless.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.747127

The female vampire is Silenced for 1 turns.
The male vampire is Protecting the female for 1 turns.

 No.747128

CORRECTION
>>747125
>>747124 (You)
The female vampire lightly gets back to her hooves.
"Don't break the handsome one, brother."
"I thought you wanted the dragon?"
"You know we both want more than that."
"I'm sure he'll be fine."

>>747123
Peyote, you have seconds to act before a devastating blow lands.

 No.747129

>>747124
Morning shuddered a bit as she felt things going back into their right place but she doesn't let up.

"YOu know, if you two would rather go do things that aren't murder people, I wouldn't mind a pair of vampire companions to hang around with, or at the very least one of them since I'm pretty sure your guy friend is gonna die soon." she offered.

[1d10] Lifestream on the male. Transferring any hits stolen to the Abomination.

[1d10] Necro punch the dude.

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.747130

>>747128
>>747124
Peyote growls a little bit as he sees the Vampire bat lunge for him, deciding to try and hinder him for what it's worth before he's downed- though, before he does, he backs out of the corpse pool. No sense in repeating that mistake.
>Peyote's Attack (Silence): [1d10+2]
>Tequila's Attack: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.747131

>>747128
With the shot going wide, Perlite scowls and adjusts the sights before loading another ball, shouldering the rifle and firing at the protective male

[1d10+1] Ranged

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.747132

>>747126
Your spell is rebuffed by the vampire's evil presence, but you are far enough away he can't retaliate.

>>747129
The male casually tries to slap your horn. The icon of Celestia you are wearing suddenly shines with daylight. He hisses, recoiling. Your abomination punches him while he's off-balance. The female speaks from the ground.
"We wouldn't mind you hanging around either, cutie."
"But take that thing off!"
"Mmm, yes, take it all off."
"But especially that sun!"

The male vampire loses 2 Hits.

>>747130
You manage to land a hard hit on the male vampire then stagger over to the near side before falling over from pain. Tequila tears more gouges into him while he shouts at Morning Light.
The male vampire takes 11 Hits.

>>747131
You blast a small chunk out of the male, getting another moan from the creep.
"I can see why my sister likes you."
"This is starting to get serious, brother."
"I agree."
"No, I'm serious."



The female vampire rolls her eyes as the male vampire gives way to the devastating damage his body has taken. She strikes a pose in front of him the crooks a wing at you all, beckoning you to attack.
The female vampire is Protecting the male vampire for 2 turns.
The male vampire is Helpless and loses 1 Wound
The female vampire is no longer silenced.
The male vampire is silenced for 2 turns.

 No.747133

>>747130
>>747132
And Peyote is now finally Helpless and loses that Wound.

 No.747134

>>747132
"Tell you what, stop trying to kills us, and give us your word you won't try and stab us in the back, and we'll let you go." she said twirling her scythe and going towards the female now.

[1d10+3] Reap

[1d10] Abomo strike.

Roll #1 10 + 3 = 13 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.747135

>>747132
"Hmmm…" He looks around the battlefield, then spins around and points the Hand at Peyote. It does the horns at him and glows.
>Tartarian Power: spell; Demonic power fuels your minion or an ally, making all their actions critical, success or failure, until combat ends or you take a DC6 action to end the effect. On Crit the magic fuels their body endlessly, preventing them from falling helpless. Whenever they would fall helpless, their hits fully restore and they lose a wound. On Critfail the target goes berserk, hostile, or possessed, and lasts until they fall helpless.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.747136

>>747132
Peyote lets out a soft huff, and tries to get back to all fours.
>Recover: [1d10]

Tequila, not wanting to give either of the vampires an opening, stands by and tries to help.
>Recover Assist: [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.747137

>>747132
recalling the words of the lich and thumbing the remove curse potion with a claw, Perlite Advances towards the downed vampire, firing on the female as she moves, her assistant charging in with her.

[1d10] Ranged

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.747138

>>747134
She's too slow to keep you from opening a gash from shoulder to tail, or to keep your abomination from pulverizing her. Despite all that her tone is still amused and slightly mocking.
"We can't let you hurt Father."
"We're completely unable to let you hurt Father."
"And we have to warn him about intruders."
"We must warn him about intruders."
"But I'm sure a thing as cute as you can make a distracting offer."
"An offer distracting enough that we forget to warn Father."
"He'd be wide open while we had fun."
"He'd not be the only one wide open."
"But take that necklace off first."
"Throw that thing away."

The female vampire loses 10 Hits.

>>747135
Peyote begins to froth at the mouth as terrible powers overtake her. It's a good sort of frothing, though.
All her actions are crit success or fail until the effect ends.

>>747136
It hurts way too much to stand. Tequila climbs out of the pool and tries to help you up, but there's not much she can do for you.
You are still Helpless.
Tequila is now on the near landing.

>>747137
You fire from the hip while charging into the corpse pool. Yet another chunk gets blown out of the female vampire's body, but she doesn't seem to notice.
The female vampire loses 5 Hits.


>>747137
The female vampire flutters up to Perlite as she draws closer and gives her a hug, staring deep into her eyes.
"You might not have missed me, but I missed you~"
[1d10] Vampire Transfix
The male vampire tries to rise.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.747139

>>747138
The male vampire is still helpless.
The male vampire is silenced for 1 turn.
The female vampire is Protecting the male for 1 turn.

 No.747140

Correction
>>747138
Tequila begins to froth at the mouth as terrible powers overtake her. It's a good sort of frothing, though.
All her actions are crit success or fail until the effect ends.

 No.747141

>>747138
Morning smirked and pulled the curse potion out and kept it hidden behind her head as she removed the necklace from herself "Well why don't you come over here and give me a kiss then missy? I'm sure you'll find it to be quite fun~. And I mean a real kiss not a bite on my neck." she said putting on the charm a bit before slipping the potion into her mouth while neither were looking. She took a moment to heal her Abomination while she tried to pull the female away.

[1d10] Heal.

She has her Abomination move to help Peyote up.

[1d10] Assist.

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.747142

>>747140
>>747138
>>747135
>>747136
My bad, it's Peyote who is crit passing or failing now

 No.747143

>>747138
He frowns as the female vampire advances on Perlite. "I hardly think that's appropriate…" Noticing her fiddling with the Remove Curse potion, he puts two and two together and tries to go less for damage and more for restraining them. While she's distracted with Perlite, he has the Hand point at the female again.
>Enfeeble: Recharge 2, Weakens a target’s will. Whenever the target goes helpless, it cannot get up on it's own and needs help to get back up from one of its allies. Lasts until the target dies or is cured. On Crit the target loses all strength and is immediately rendered helpless.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.747144

>>747141
[1d10+1] to try and be a sexy schmexy whorse

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.747145

>>747138
passing the potion to her assistant, Perlite is suddenly pulled into a hug from her vampire admirer, their eyes locking as her vampiric magic takes hold. She struggles to free herself from the vampire's enchantment!
[1d10] Resist

Her assistant trudges through the water to the currently unguarded male, retrieving the potion and struggling to force some of the liquid into the downed vampire.

[1d10] strength

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.747146

>>747138
>>747142
Peyote huffs a little, trying to get back up again.
>Recover: [1d10]

While he's down, he directs Tequila to lunge for the female vampire again, and to plunge her fangs into its throat!
>Attack: [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.747148

>>747141
>>747144
>+2, not +1
You heal a bit of the damage done to your abomination, but not much. Your abomination lumbers over to the near landing and helps Peyote to his feet. While he's doing that the female vampire's eyes light up. She jumps out of Perlite's arms and plants a kiss, with plenty of tongue, on your mouth.
Your abomination regains 1 Hit.
Your abomination is now at the near landing.

>>747143
You try to focus your powers on the female vampire's mind, but she's such a slave to her own desires that you can't touch her willpower.

>>747145
When you can finally clear the afterimage of her swirling eyes from your vision you find your fist raised to strike your automaton. Your automaton tries to tip the bottle down the unwilling vampire's throat. He fights it at first, then starts to swish it around his mouth, gargles, then swallows. It pours out the hole in his gut.
"They want to break our curse, sister."
The female vampire mumbles something while trying to slip Morning Light some tongue.
"Very noble indeed."
The female vampire mumbles something else with her lips locked against Morning Light's.
Forcefeeding a helpless opponent a potion will be DC3, but failing wastes the potion.

>>747146
The abomination helps you stand back up. You're brimming with power, far too much power, and you scream in pain as it burns inside your bones. Tequila bites the female vampire's throat, seemingly missing the point of kisses.
You are no longer Helpless.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.
The female vampire loses 3 Hits.


The female vampire tries to swoon into Morning Light's grasp.
The female vampire is now Helpless.
The male vampire tries to stand up.
The male vampire is no longer Silenced.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.747149

>>747148
The male vampire is no longer Helpless.

 No.747150

>>747148
>>747149
And the female vampire has lost one Wound.

 No.747151

>>747148
Morning seemed to be perfectly fine with this as she either cured this nice mare or she got to make out with a vampire. Both of these are a win in her book.

[1d10] To try and make her smooch have some curse healing effects thanks to the potion.

[1d10] for the Abomination to hold any potential throat wounds closed on the mare.

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.747152

>>747148
>Recover: [1d10]

>Tequila's Attack (Male, While Helpless): [1d10]


Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.747153

>>747148
Seeing Peyote struggling, he rushes over and tries to help him up.
[1d10] Recovery help

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.747154

>>747148
Shaking her head clear, Perlite refocuses herself, cursing the mistake, before both her and her assistant lunge for the now standing male

[2d10] Grapple x2

Roll #1 4, 10 = 14

 No.747156

>>747151
You half swallow the bottled potion and start to choke on it. Meanwhile, your abomination wraps its hands around the helpless vampire female's throat and plugs all the gaps so potion won't spill out. This apparent strangling only serves to excite her and make her kissing of you more forceful. At least the seal around her neck means the potion will get into her belly if you can make her swallow it.
You lose 4 Hits.

>>747152
The power is still burning inside your body. You can feel your bones getting ready to explode like trees caught in a bad freeze. Tequila launches into the pool again but her step is too heavy. A flurry of sharp limbs and sharp teeth grab at her legs as the corpses in the pool start to feed again.
You lose 1 Wound.
Tequila is now helpless and loses 1 Wound, and is now at 1 Wound.
Tequila will lose 1 Wound each turn until she is no longer helpless or the corpses are forced back.

>>747153
Peyote's body is too hot to touch. Any time you try you risk burning yourself instead. Your magic is destroying him from the inside out.

>>747154
Both of you launch yourselves at the male. You miss and kick a punch in the gut for it but your automaton grabs the male vampire in a big bear hug.
You lose 2 Hits.
The male vampire loses 5 Hits.


>>747154
The male vampire gives Perlite a winning smile and stares deep into her eyes.
[1d10] Vampire Transfix
The female vampire tries to get up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.747157

>>747156
The female vampire is no longer helpless.

 No.747158

>>747156
He grits his teeth and raises the Hand. It clenches in a fist in an attempt to cancel the spell.
[1d10] Cancel

He tries to help him up again. "Less than ideal…"
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.747159

>>747156
Morning narrowed her eyes and counted her blessings she had at least gotten part of the potion to protect herself. She kept the kiss up and tried to force the rest into her maw.

[1d10] to Kiss right this time.

HEr abomination also smacked the back of her head to try and help the potion go flying down the others maw with its other hand.

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.747161

>>747156
making the mistake of making eye contact, Perlite struggles to look away before she loses control of her senses!
[1d10] Resist

Her assistant, holding the male from behind, starts to drag him out of the corpse water and onto dry land.
[1d10] dragging.

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.747162

>>747156
>Recover: [1d10]
>Tequila Recover: [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.747163

>>747158
You draw the power out of Peyote and dispel it back to where it came from, but he's still too hot for you to lift right away.

>>747159
You work the stopper out of the bottle with your tongue then spin it around so it pours down the female vampire's throat. She tries to avoid swallowing it at first, then raises an eyebrow and swallows it all. She breaks the kiss while your abomination starts to pet her head like it were imagining raising rabbits.
"I love this one's bedside manner."
"How long do you think they'll try?"
"Even if it's a little late."
"I wouldn't mind a few more tries."
"Me neither."
"Me next."


>>747161
You drown inside that cute smirk. He wants something from you, and you get to work on it. With you dealt with he wriggles free of your assistant and pummels it until it collapses.
Your mechanical minion is now Helpless and loses 1 Wound.
[1d10+2] Tinker, crafting a smoke bomb for the Twins.

>>747162
You manage to struggle back to your feet. Tequila has had enough fighting and pain for one day and, after breaking free of the corpses, runs back out of the room and hides.
You are no longer helpless.
Tequila is at 0 Hits/Wounds and out of the fight. You no longer get her Spotter Hawk bonus.


Both vampires use Stealth and try to leap into the rafters.
[1d10+1] Male
[1d10+1] Female

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #3 1 + 1 = 2

 No.747164

>>747163
Both of them slam into the rafter above them. Both of them stagger but the male catches the smoke bomb Perlite tosses him.
The male vampire loses 4 Hits.
The female vampire loses 5 Hits.

>>747161
You come back to your senses.

 No.747165

>>747163
He smirks a little as they flee, turns the Hand toward himself, and holds it close.
>Tartarian Power on self
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.747166

>>747164
>>747163
Morning shook her head "Look, can you two fuck off and fuck each other for a bit so we can heal and kill your boss? I'll gladly go in for a threeway or whatever kinky shit you want but this is getting tedious." She healed herself for now as she sat back.

[1d10] Heal on self.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.747167

[1d10+1] to be a whorse once again.

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.747168

>>747163
Peyote growls a little bit as the two vampires try to slip into the shadows, keeping focused on the male.
>Hunter's Sense: [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.747169

>>747163
lost in his eyes, Perlite comes to having just tossed a newly made smoke bomb to them! Shaking clear her stupor, she tries to help her assistant back up, wary of the pair's disappearance.

[1d10] Assistant, recover

[1d10] Perlite, recover help

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.747170

>>747165
After seeing what it almost did to Peyote you falter and can't manage to cast the spell on yourself.

>>747166
>>747167
>11
They both perk up and stop fighting while you heal yourself.
"Why didn't you offer sooner?"
"Sounds like a blast."
"Now, or later?"
"Now and later, if Father goes away."
"If."
"When?"
"We don't really like him."
"But we like her."
"A lot."
"She's cute."
"If Father went away"
"We can't."
"But if we looked for more intruders-"
"-while they were took weak to fight Father."
"That could work."
"That will work."

You regain 4 Hits. You seem to have them so caught up with the idea of you that they're more interested in having you in the long term, rather than having you right now. You might be able to exploit this.

>>747168
You've got the male's smell now. It's a mix of blood, death, and all sorts of hedonism. He won't be able to hide from you at all.

>>747169
Your assistant can't get up on its own, but you are able to help it back up.
Your mechanical minion is no longer helpless.

 No.747171

>>747170
All of you get 1 skillpoint to spend.

 No.747172

>747170
He grunts in annoyance, looking about as there's a bit of a lull in combat. "Wretched creatures…" He takes a moment to try and patch up Perlite.
>Wyrd Reconstruction: spell, recharge 1; Nepenthe attempts to reseal the target's injuries with dark magic. Heals 2 hits on a success, and 1 additional hit per roll (3 on 7, 4 on 8 etc). Heals 1 wound on crit. Overheals grant temporary max H/W equal to the roll -2, minimum 1. Overheal does not apply to targets that are at full hits. On critfail, the target takes 3 hits.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.747173

>>747170
"Alright… so, are we just gonna wait here 'n patch up a little? Don't wanna be headin' to this bigger vampire unprepared." he remarks, keeping his eyes on the male.

 No.747174

>>747170
"Look I am more than willing to travel with a pair of vampires and turning the travel into a long standing series of sexcapades. Or just a pair of twins if offing him is gonna fix you, this is a win win to me so long as you two give us the time to heal up and get rid of big daddy." she said panting gently as she turned to heal the dragon.

[1d10] heal
[1d10+1] If needed to seduce again.

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.747176

>>747170
>>747173
"Certainly. If the were any indication the level of threat we face, charging headlong into the main chamber as we are is suicidal."

Frustrated at the misreading of the lich's plan, she examines the remaining cure curse potion, noting how much is left for the fight ahead.
[1d10] Appraise

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.747177

>>747172
>>747161
Combat is finished, so you are able to take your time and heal Perlite.
Perlite is back at full hits.

>>747173
No rolls needed unless you want to drastically alter the bargain.
They look at you, then each other, then at you.
"Oh, no."
"We can't let you heal."
"You might stand a chance against Father."
"At full health, maybe."
"But not if you're blooded."
"Oh, not then."
"You'd be completely healed."
"But infected."
"I'm sure they don't have any more of their potions to save themselves after."
"I'm sure."

They both walk over to you, bite deep into their legs, then hold the wounds together and out towards you. Dark, thick blood pools there and starts to drip.

>>747174
They look over at you from where they are standing by Peyote. Out of combat you are able to focus and heal Perlite back to full health.
"You have such a way with words."
"We can't wait."
"But like we said-"
-no healing."
"But you can have some blood."
"Even a few drops will fix you."
"There's no way you have potions left to cure yourselves."
"None at all."


>>747176
The potion you had is empty, but Morning Light has amassed a stockpile from when here friends were gone. Of course, if these two are an example of vampires then maybe it's not so much a curse after all. They're resilient and they seem to know how to have fun.

PAUSED

 No.747570

Last time on Crypt Quest, the party made it into the lich's sanctum with the lich's permission in order to dislodge a vampire. They met and fought two of his minions, and although they were slowly winning the Twins were taking their toll. This gross pair refereed to him as Father and seemed compelled to protect him, but the seductive Morning Light was able to convince them to let the party pass.

The Twins slip out of the room, heading back the way you came. Not long after they leave there's a flash of green light and unicorn mare falls out of thin air in front of you all. The way ahead across the narrow stone bridge is unguarded now.

 No.747571

>>747570
I unfurl a scroll and read from it.
"Greetings adventurers, The guild and its partnership with the Order have sent me to aid you in your struggle as thanks for your extensive deeds on their.."
I look from the scroll to this party
"….behalves."
I tuck the scroll away and then hold my hoof up to speak again.
"Time is of the essence, my teleport beacon sent me to a prior meeting point and I'm afraid my arrival may have alerted your target. Ah, I'm Sister Medica of the Order of the Radiant Dawn. I'm sure you've heard of me- however my services have demanded a level of seclusion that only until recently have let up."

 No.747572

>>747571
>>747570
Peyote blinks a little bit, before offering the pony a confused wave. "Well, uh… heya! More help's never a bad thing, I guess- ya wouldn't happen t' have any curatives, would ya? We've taken a bit of a beatin', my companion especially."

 No.747573

>>747572
I blink in response, raise my chin- close my eyes while lighting my horn and blast everyone in this room with Prayer of Healing [1d10+3] pls work

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.747574

>>747572
>>747176
>>747174
Everyone feels their full strength return to them as their bodies are healed.
Everyone is back to maximum Hits and Wounds.

 No.747575

>>747570
Perlite reloads her Arquebus as the party takes a moment to catch their breath, cleaning the chamber for the fight ahead.


Her maintenance is interrupted by the arrival of the mysterious mare, looking up from her work to greet the newcomer.

>>747571
"Oh? how interesting. Perhaps my report from earlier was serious enough to warrant aid."

"I am Perlite, Field researcher for the Canterlot Thaumatological Society. I take it you've been informed of the situation?"

 No.747576

>>747575
"Indeed I have, news travels fast and there aren't many world-ending threats that warrant even a lich governess to aid her enemies as the one you've met."

 No.747577

>>747574
>>747573
"Ah, that's a lot better- thanks a bunch, Miss Medica. Need us t' bring ya up to speed, 'r are ya good on that?"

 No.747578

>>747577
"I'm sure I can be informed of this threat as we make our way to it, please."

 No.747579

>>747571
"Nice to meetcha cutie, good to have some extra help."

>>747574
The unicorn rolled her shoulders and tossed her sickle a bit as she looked to Abomination and nodded "Feeling good to eh big guy?"

 No.747580

>>747570
slinging her rifle over her shoulder, Perlite makes her way over the now clear bridge to the next room, her assistant noisily clanking behind her.

>>747577
>>747578

"Very well, onward to the chamber ahead."

 No.747581

>>747580
>>747579
>>747578
>>747572
Beyond the indoor water garden is yet another hallway. This one is short, though, and well lit. The floor is covered in dirty carpet and the walls and ceiling are made of wood. Many paintings in different sizes and hang on the wall. All but a few of these have been totally destroyed or at least defaced enough to make viewing difficult. The intact ones all feature a unicorn mare with a pale blue coat and silver mane and tail. Most show her doing heroic deeds such as saving ponies or fighting monsters, but there's a few oddballs like her riding a rainbow or dealing with creatures you don't recognize.
At the end of the hallway is a wooden door. A little painting sign hangs from it. It's got a picture of a happy skull on it and the words HOME IS WHERE YOU HANG YOUR PHYLACTERY. The air close to the door feels cold and you can smell blood on the other side of it. This might be the last barrier between all of you and vampire that usurped this crypt.

 No.747582

>>747581
The sign got a small chuckle from the lifebinder "I gotta say, I appreciate that piece of living jerky's sense of humor if nothing else."

 No.747583

>>747578
>>747581
"Long story short, we're dealin' with a vampire. We took care 'a a couple vampire spawn earlier, so it should be just him. Aside from that, we dunno what t' expect- so, be careful."

 No.747584

>>747581
Strange, I study the few pictures that weren't destroyed. Looking for any similarities between them.

 No.747585

>>747583
I answer half-mindedly while studying the paintings.
"Vampire? Oh, my papers suggested we were dealing with something else. Some half-ascended with a god complex.."

 No.747586

>>747584
The only commonality between the pictures is the pale blue unicorn. In one of the pictures she's standing next to some shoulder-high balls of fluff with hands and feet. In another she's talking to a strange, gnome creature outside a mushroom house. The others have her talking or battling with more familiar creatures.

 No.747587

>>747581
Passing through the hall, Perlite eyes the door for any physical indicators of traps, buttons or wires, before placing an ear to the door.

[1d10] Appraise

>>747585
"Really? How curious, though i suppose that description would fit a vampire as well as any."

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.747588

>>747585
"Hmm… that's a weird way t' put somethin'. Well, regardless- you're aware 'a what vampires can do, right? This'll be a nasty fight, so we're gonna wanna be ready." he says, whistling for Tequila to return to his side.

 No.747589

>>747587
You are certain that there aren't any traps in here at all.

>>747588
Tequila comes up to your side, looking ready for a tough fight.

 No.747590

>>747585
"If you mean the lich, turns out their innocent."

 No.747591

>>747589
Satisfied, Perlite gestures for her assistant to open the door, following after his entrance, rifle at the ready.

 No.747592

>>747587
"Indeed"
>>747588
"I'm well aware, but my role in this was guaranteed to support only. Doubtful that a vampire would use me for anything other than suicide."

 No.747593

File: 1601605813073.png (2.7 KB, 500x250, Oekaki.png)

>>747590
"No, a half-ascended by some name of Burning Ashes the Dawnbreaker. Formerly paladin if I'm correct, his very name is a heresy and I shall take a small delight in his undoing… What is the name of your group again?"

 No.747594

File: 1601606030583.png (389.19 KB, 577x621, crypt quest plum.png)

>>747591
>>747592
>>747590
>>747588
The door opens into a small natural cavern. Walls of expertly fitted red brick have been built here and there to give it a more rectangular shape. The corners are full of broken furniture, statues, and decoration that look like they were hastily and carelessly shoved into them. The left and right walls each have three deep alcoves in them. Body parts, bones, and mud have been magically reshaped into low fountains in front of all of these alcoves. Blood gently sprays up from them and stains the rough, grey blocks that fill the back of the alcoves. At the very back of this place is a wider alcove. The red brick around it turns into a wall of bone and flesh against with a large, iron coffin rests. A smearing bat-pony's face has been engraved into it, along with arcane and malefic-looking symbols.
In the middle this space is a lab that makes the area the lich was using look like a child's chemistry set. Cauldrons, alembics, stills, billows, and devices of unknown name or purpose are connected by glass and metal pipes. Magical circles have been inscribed on the floor and on tables. Several dead mares little the floor around the area and one is currently affixed to one of the tables. She is very obviously a vampire, and just as obviously has passed beyond undeath and into actual death.
The only thing that you can't see down here is the vampire himself.

 No.747595

>>747593
"Don't really have one, if we did I didn't vote on it." she replied with a lazy shrug.

>>747594
Morning made sure to affix the symbol of Celestia to herself "I have a holy symbol of Luna if anybody wants it."

 No.747596

>>747594
I keep to the doorway while this group proceeds further into the room.

 No.747597

>>747594
Suspicious from her last meeting with the vampire spawn, Perlite cautiously enters the room, her assistant scanning the roof with a lantern for more rafter ambushes, while she aims her arquebus at the coffin across the room.

[1d10] Assistant, perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.747598

>>747594
>Tequila: Perception [1d10+1]
>Peyote: Perception [1d10+1]
"Hrm… well, it should be in here. Try 'n be careful, I imagine this vampire's pretty sneaky."

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2

 No.747599

>>747597
Your assistant remains at the doorway. It spots what looks like a hole in the ceiling over the laboratory setup in the middle of the room. It might have been part of an old well or something. It's very dark inside it, and from where he's standing his lantern isn't lighting up all of it.
You remain at the doorway. The alcove containing the coffin is nearly four ponies wide and three ponies high, twice the dimensions of the ones lining the side walls. Rib bones make the struts of the wall backing the alcove and meat, still twitching and quivering, is stretched between them. A few skulls are set into the stone as well and their gaze seems to follow you as you move. Resting against the wall, held in place by a few ribs, is an iron coffin that looks big enough to hold a small buffalo. There's no latch on it, but the eyes of the cruel-looking bat pony's face carved into it glow with a faint purple light. The arcane symbols on it glow with the same color and intensity and cover every other surface of the coffin. There's no visible latch or lock on it, though.

>>747598
From the looks of things the blood fountains, alcove at the back with the coffin, and central laboratory are all places to check out.
Peyote wanders over to the central laboratory. She isn't watching where she was going and knocks into a flask. The liquid inside it spills onto her. It burns through her coat and leaves withered flesh behind. She take 1H damage.

 No.747600

>>747599
*Tequila wandered over and got hurt.

 No.747601

>>747599
Morning herself scanned the room looking for any signs of where the big bad could be hiding.

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.747899

>>747599
>>747601
>>747598
>>747596

Stepping into the room, Perlite Motions for the others to follow, taking up position along the back wall of the room, rifle at the ready.

"The coffin is closed, perhaps he is asleep?"

 No.747902

>>747601
The giant alcove at the back with the coffin in it seems the most obvious.
This alcove is nearly four ponies wide and three ponies high, twice the dimensions of the ones lining the side walls. Rib bones make the struts of the wall backing the alcove and meat, still twitching and quivering, is stretched between them. A few skulls are set into the stone as well and their gaze seems to follow you as you move. Resting against the wall, held in place by a few ribs, is an iron coffin that looks big enough to hold a small buffalo. There's no latch on it, but the eyes of the cruel-looking bat pony's face carved into it glow with a faint purple light. The arcane symbols on it glow with the same color and intensity and cover every other surface of the coffin. There's no visible latch or lock on it, though.
The coffin is probably made to be intimidating, but even so a vampire capable of making such a thing must be dangerous. The meat wall holding it up looks like it might actually be part of the coffin, some extra layer of defense or something the vampire can pull life force from while he rests. The meat wall itself is flimsy, though. It flexes backwards under the weight of the coffin resting against it. Some patches are so thin you can see a rough, grey block wall behind it.

 No.747904

>>747899
>>747902
"I reckon so, but I unno f'r how long. If anyone needs time t' set up, they oughta do it now. Wasn't expectin' vampires, so I don't really have the right gear f'r this, but… we'll be fine."

 No.747906

>>747902
Morning motioned for her Abomination to climb onto the alcove if possible as its mass was mainly bones and thus lacked the meat of a proper body on most.

 No.747907

>>747899
Both your and your assistant are now in the room.

 No.747908

>>747906
There's plenty of room to spare in the alcove even with the coffin and your abomination. The meat wall the coffin is leaning against twitches when your abomination gets near.

 No.747909

>>747908
>>747904
>>747899
>>747596

"Any ideas about how to ambush this guy? I still got a charm of Luna if anyone wants it."

 No.747910

>>747909
"Oh! Settin' it near the coffin might help out some, but we could probably just keep it handy and get it close as soon as we see him."

 No.747911

>>747909
>>747910
The meat wall continues to jiggles ominously around the closed coffin.

 No.747912

>>747911
>>747909
>>747899
"Hrm… I reckon we oughta do somethin' about that, uh… meat, though. Somethin' about it seems off."

 No.747913

>>747902
I close my eyes and wait for the sounds of battle.

 No.747914

>>747909
"I believe that your target is well aware of our arrival, as I'm told that vampires have an acute sense of smell. Or perhaps it is the air they taste, like snakes."

 No.747915

>>747909
"Given the openness of the area, the vampire, if he is even in here, is in the coffin."

"We ought to spread out and have either your or my assistant pry the coffin open, then launch what we have against him as he rises."

 No.747916

>>747911
>>747914
>>747912

"Ok take positions and I'll have my Abomination drop from above onto it and take the initial blow, he's tanky enough for it. Lemme know when you're in a good position."

 No.747917

>>747916
>>747911
"Very well."

Perlite moves to the corner for a clearer shot at the coffin, her assistant standing close by at the ready.

"At your signal."

 No.747918

>>747915
>>747916
>>747914
>>747912
Those of you spreading out please pick which part of the room you are spreading out too. Include any minions.
Side alcoves
Main alcove
Laboratory

 No.747919

>>747918
Morning moves to the Lab and has her Abomination drop and attack.

[1d10] Abomic drop

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.747921

>>747918
I move to the Laboratory, behind someone so I'm not the first to be targeted.
>>747916
"I'm ready."

 No.747923

>>747918
Perlite moves closer to the lab in the room's center, careful to avoid the still full beakers, her assistant stands nearby.
>Perlite: Laboratory
>Assistant: Laboratory

 No.747924

>>747918
Peyote and Tequila try to sniff out any potential threats in the room- Peyote in the main alcove, Tequila around the side alcoves.
>Perception: [1d10+1]
>Tequila's Perception: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7

 No.747925

>>747919
Your abomination leaps up and drops down onto the coffin. The coffin pops open as your abomination rolls to the side. Several ribs reach out of the meat wall to stab your abomination.
You enter the laboratory area. The equipment at work in this lab is far more advanced and extensive than what the lich had upstairs. Perhaps it is hers, or perhaps the vampire brought it with him. The equipment is at work, though. Cauldrons slowly stir themselves, flasks fill at spigots then move to dump their contents into funnels, and small fires light and extinguish under different pieces of equipment. The fumes smell strongly of preservatives and blood, and raw magic sometimes sparks harmlessly off of your body. The dead mares all around it speak somewhat to the purpose of this place.
Your abomination loses 3 Hits.

>>747921
>>747923
The three of you enter the laboratory area as well. The equipment at work in this lab is far more advanced and extensive than what the lich had upstairs. Perhaps it is hers, or perhaps the vampire brought it with him. The equipment is at work, though. Cauldrons slowly stir themselves, flasks fill at spigots then move to dump their contents into funnels, and small fires light and extinguish under different pieces of equipment. The fumes smell strongly of preservatives and blood, and raw magic sometimes sparks harmlessly off of your body. The dead mares all around it speak somewhat to the purpose of this place.

>>747924
You sneak up to the main alcove while the abomination is still getting into position and look around. This alcove is nearly four ponies wide and three ponies high, twice the dimensions of the ones lining the side walls. Rib bones make the struts of the wall backing the alcove and meat, still twitching and quivering, is stretched between them. A few skulls are set into the stone as well and their gaze seems to follow you as you move. Resting against the wall, held in place by a few ribs, is an iron coffin that looks big enough to hold a small buffalo. There's no latch on it, but the eyes of the cruel-looking bat pony's face carved into it glow with a faint purple light. The arcane symbols on it glow with the same color and intensity and cover every other surface of the coffin. There's no visible latch or lock on it, though.
If the vampire is large enough to fill that coffin then you're all in trouble. Unlike with the fountains it's hard to tell just how many bodies went into the construction of the wall behind it. Despite how imposing it looks it doesn't seem very sturdy. You can see the wall flexing backwards under the weight of the coffin leaning against it.
You're up there when the coffin opens.

Tequila moves to check out the side alcoves. The alcove is nearly two ponies wide and nearly one pony deep. The crude construction of the grey stone backs of the alcoves fits well with the obscene flesh crafting used to create the blood fountains currently soaking them with blood. There is just enough pony left to make you wonder whether the victim was alive or dead when the fountain was made. The crimson fluid runs down the rough, grey stones and into a small basin, from which it fountains back up again. The scent of rot near these fountains is strong.
The flesh fountains were obviously made by some kind of magic. The vampire can probably drink from them whenever he wants, and perhaps heal from any accidents while doing his…whatever with that alchemy. The grey stone of the walls looks newer than the red brick around them, but not as new as the blood fountains.

 No.747926

>>747919
>>747921
>>747923
>>747924
The coffin opens up after being struck by Morning Light's Abomination. Inside of it there's nothing at all. A table in the laboratory is smashed into splinters as something large and heavy drops from a hole in the ceiling. It speaks in a silken, refined baritone that nevertheless makes your hackles rise and hair, if you have it, stand on end.
"None of you should have come down here. How ever did you sneak past my children?"
The vampire stands as tall as an alicorn, but thankfully is not a member of that breed. Its body is deformed with muscle and course tan fur grows in patches from its otherwise dark blue body. The vampire's face is an even mix of bat and pony features and sports a pair of fangs that are visible even when its mouth is closed. Rather than hooves its legs end in wicked claws that look just as capable of holding onto walls as they do ripping into people. It has a bat's wings, and with such a span that he could wrap himself and a victim in them and have a little wing left over to spare. He is naked, not bothering with a cape, medallions, mane gel, or any of the classics of his kind.

Without another word he aims a kick, fast as lightning, at Perlite.
[1d10]
As he does that he catches sight of Medica and his eye light up.
"Honey! There you are!"
The light in his eyes changes and Medica feels herself being pulled into his gaze.
[1d10] Strong Hypnotize

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.747927

>>747926
My eyes have been closed since I moved from the doorway! Repel this gaze! [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.747928

>>747926
>>747926
Morning cursed and immediately swung her sickle with the charm of Celestia on it at him as she had her Abomination shamble over and try to eat the bodies in the lab to heal and grow stronger.

[1d10] attack

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.747929

>>747925
>>747926
Peyote doesn't waste much time when the vampire reveals himself, immesiately lunging for him.
>Marksman Shot: [1d10+1] (Trick Shot, Silence)

Tequila wheels around and tries to rip at one of his legs.
>Targeted Strike: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3

 No.747930

>>747926
With a clawed kick screaming towards the hapless dragon, all she can manage is an attempt to position herself away from the lab equipment!
[1d10] redirect

Her assistant reacts accordingly, searing an iron limb to a red hot glow, before swinging at the distracted vampire!
[1d10] Hot irons

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.747931

>>747927
You don't need eyes to see where you're going. He gives you a smile, and that's all the signal you needed to lift a bubbling flask of something and hurl it at Morning Light. After it is too far to catch you come back to your senses.

>>747928
You slip in a puddle of something that stings every part of you it touches, causing you to miss your attack by a mile. What's more, Sister Medica just threw a flask of bubbling chemicals at you!
Your abomination shambles over to the corpses and consumes one, restoring its health. The vampire sees this and hisses.
You lose 4 Hits.
You'll need to either accept Medica's attack as if she rolled a 9, or dodge it as if she rolled a 9.
Your abomination is back to full Hits.

>>747929
You lunge at the vampire and land a punch directly on what should be the weakest part of his jaw, but he hardly seems to notice even though you make his head snap to the side and sap the magic from him. While his head is still moving he reaches out and casually claws at Tequila as she tries to hamstring him. She gets knocked away instead.
The Vampire is now Silenced.
Tequila loses 3 Hits and goes Helpless, losing 1 Wound.

>>747930
The claws he has instead of a hoof punch through your scales as if they were paper. You land among the mutated pony corpses and narrowly miss a large pot labeled CORROSIVE.
The vampire's flesh sizzles when he is struck by the automaton's burning hot limb, and he snarls.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

The vampire suddenly explodes into a swarm of bats that fly off into the shadows before going silent, as if even they were no longer there. A fog begins to fill the chamber.
The vampire has used Vanish.

 No.747932

>>747931
"Ugh! Stand again and fight this abomination!"
Prayer of Healing! [1d10+3]

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.747933

>>747931
Morning grunted and tried her best to evade the blow as she had her abomination continue to consume any bodies it can find.

"Destroy the blood fountains so he can't feed!" She cried out.

[1d10] evade.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.747934

>>747931
Peyote tries to sniff out the vampire, looking around in the fog.
>Hunter's Sense: Vampire [1d10]

"There's somethin' good behind the alcove walls,. Tequila says!" The griffon calls out. Tequila, on the other hand, tries to batter at the wall behind the pools.
>Tequila's Attack: [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.747935

>>747931
Knocked against the corpse pile, having barely avoided the corrosives jar, the pain from her punctured scales was short lived as recovery magic flowed into her.

Standing back up, she shoulders her Arquebus and scans the room for motion, the slowly rolling fog occasionally cut through by the lantern light from her Assistant.

[2d10] Perception: Perlite, assistant

"Blast, i really should have been more thorough with the search! Stay sharp, everypony!"

Roll #1 6, 10 = 16

 No.747936

>>747932
Your prayer is answered and the party is filled with strength.
All Hits and Wounds restored to full.

>>747933
The vial shatters on you. Glass cuts where it hits and the liquid starts to melt your skin.
Your abomination consumes enough mutated corpses to grow stronger. There's only a few left, including the one on the table. It can't eat enough to grow any stronger, but it can still heal itself four times before all the bodies are consumed.
You lose 4 Hits, but are instantly healed.
Your abomination gains 1 maximum Wound.

>>747934
You spin around a few times and nearly fall over, but are unable to figure out where the vampire is. If he were here to press your vulnerability you might have gotten hurt.
Tequila scratches at the walls but is unable to do any real damage with her claws this time.

>>747935
You wouldn't have noticed it without your assistant's spotlight, but you see the fog starting to clump up behind Tequila.
Tequila can't roll to dodge this attack, but you can your assistant can roll to attack and potentially interrupting the attack if you roll higher.


The fog suddenly pulls itself back into the vampire directly behind Tequila. Rather than the delicate bites from the Twins he looks as if he's trying to sever her spine.
[1d10] Backstab

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.748216

>>747936
Tequila senses something amiss just in the nick of time and jumps aside, clawing at him as she goes. The vampire grunts, but it is more in annoyance than pain.

 No.748217

>>747936
>>748216
Tequila ducks away and responds with a quick claw, before turning to smack at the wall again!
>Tequila's Attack: [1d10+1]

Peyote pitches in as well, throwing his weight against it!
>Peyote's Attack: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.748218

>>747936
With her assistant's lantern illuminating the gathering of fog, Perlite takes aim with her Arquebus, sending a lead ball into the mass behind Tequila!
[1d10] Ranged

Perlite's assistant charges forward, red-hot limb swinging wide into the reformed undead!
[1d10] Hot irons

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.748219

>>748218
>>748217
After giving the vampire a bad scrape she starts to claw at the wall of newer brick set in the back of the alcove behind the meat-and-bone blood fountain. She manages to scratch away some of the mortar and a few chunks of brick, opening a small, dark hole. More of the wall will have to come down to reveal what is behind it, if anything.
You smash into the wall as hard as you can, causing the single layer of bricks to buckle inwards and many to fall out. There's a goat-sized hole in it now, and it'll only need a little more demolition work before the entire thing collapses.

>>748218
You shoot the vampire straight through the heart with your firearm. Despite the size of the hole in his chest only a few drops of tarlike black blood drip out.
He screeches in pain when your automaton hits him with its read hot iron. Unlike the wound from your shot the brand on his skin looks angry and painful.

The vampire reaches for Peyote with his claws, trying to sink them into his back.
[1d10] Backstab
While doing that he swipes at Tequila with another set of claws.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.748220

>>748219
The dagger-like claws sinking into Peyote's back come as a great, and painful, surprise. They don't manage to tear his spine out but they at least try.
Peyote is now Helpless and loses 1 Wound.

Tequila narrowly dodges his swipe and manages to bite his leg as it passes her.

 No.748221

>>747936
>>748219
Morning snorted and worked to try and draw the beasts attention while her abomination worked to break the fountains.

[1d10] Lifestream
[1d10] Abomination smash a fountain

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.748222

>>748219
>>747934

"Something behind the wall? Whatever do you mean?" shouts the dragon, lining up another shot with her rifle.
[1d10] Ranged, vampire

Not entirely convinced, Perlite sees the hole revealed and points her assistant over, the bulky machine punching into the wall with both arms!
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.748223

>>748222
>>748219
"I ain't sure- Tequila didn't know much aside from 'good behind the bad! We're almost through it, though!" He calls out, before flicking his ears and turning to brace himself against the attack.
>Brace: [1d10]

Tequila works away at the wall, trying to take another whack at it!
>Tequila's Attack: [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.748224

>>748221
You reach out with your magic and start drawing the lifeforce, tarnished as it is, from the vampire and into your body.
Your abomination wades into the melee to try and strike the bloody fountain, but it is too clumsy and can't manage to land a hit on the stationary target.
You send the 3 Hits Pyrite's way.

>>748222
The vampire's body turns misty for a split second after you shoot and your bullet passes straight through him.
He braces for another attack from your mechanical minion, only to watch in horror as your robot strikes the wall once more and opens a massive hole in it.
Morning Light sends some life your way, healing you for 3 Hits.

>>748223
You're too slow to avoid the attack. The dagger-like claws sinking into your back come as a great, and painful, surprise. They don't manage to tear yourspine out but they at least try.
Tequila narrowly dodges his swipe and manages to bite his leg as it passes her. While she was dodging Perlite's mechanical minion finished off the wall.
Now you are Helpless and lose 1 Wound.
Now Tequila narrowly dodges his swipe and manages to bite his leg as it passes her.

Behind the broken, grey brick wall is a deeper alcove of red brick. Standing on a plinth inside it is a small statuette of several balloons. Once it is revealed it lights up with a pink glow that seeps out into the entire room. The vampire hisses in pain and steps back from the light. The blood fountain in front of it collapses into a leaking pile of rubble.

"Those are walled away for a reason!"
The vampire sinks his fangs into Morning Light's abomination and starts to suck.
[1d10] Vampire Lifestream

After taking that bite he tries to smash Pyrite's mechanical minion with his claws.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.748225

>>748224
>>748224
Morning went wide eyed "SMash more of the walls! THere must be more of those thing that hurts him around!" she cried out as she tried to smash one of the walls around the fountains. Her abomination did the same.

[1d10] Smash
[1d10] Abomination smash

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.748226

>>748224
Peyote regains 3 Hits and is no longer Helpless.

 No.748227

>>748224
Peyote winces as he's clawed across the back, but with Morning's aid he's back on all fours. He doesn't waste much time in looking for another wall, and swinging at it!

>Peyote's Attack: [1d10+1]

>Tequila's Attack: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 3 + 1 = 4

 No.748228

>>748224
As the vampire reels from the statue, the realization clicks home for the dragoness.

Pointing her assistant in the right direction, Perlite continues to pepper the vampire with lead as the automaton assists Morning Light with bashing down the next wall!

[1d10] ranged, vampire
[1d10] assist Morning

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.748229

>>748224
Morning Light's abomination and Pyrite's mechanical minion both bash the vampire as it tries to attack them.

>>748225
You and your abomination move to the next nearest alcove, wriggle behind the blood fountain, and start to smash large holes into the wall. There's still a few bricks left that obscure the view inside it.

>>748227
You try to squeeze yourself into the melee but end up catching several blows meant for the wall. You're accidentally knocked helpless by your eager companions.
Tequila is a bit smarter and hangs back from attacking the wall since she can't fit past the other combatants.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>748228
You miss the vampire for a second time. The gleam in his eyes tells you he's getting very tired of being shot at.
Your automaton hits the wall after Morning Light and her Abomination have had their chance. The last of the bricks are knocked away from the hole.

Behind the broken, grey brick wall is a deeper alcove of red brick. Standing on a plinth inside it is a small statuette of several diamonds. Once it is revealed it lights up with a white glow that seeps out into the entire room. The vampire hisses in pain and steps back from the light. The blood fountain in front of it collapses into a leaking pile of rubble.

The vampire turns into a cloud of mist that fades away into the shadows of the room.
Vanish.

 No.748230

>>748229
As the vampire fades out of sight, Perlite readies a round before looking about the room, wary of the foggy form
[1d10] perception

her assistant, accidentally knocking the poor griffon over, offers a claw to help him up.
[1d10] recover assist, Peyote

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.748231

>>748229
Second verse same as the first!" she yelled out as she had her abomination move to smash another wall.

[1d10] heal Peyote
[1d10] Abomination smash more walls.

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.748232

>>748229
"Ack!" is the most Peyote can manage, trying to steady himself and get back up.
>Recover: [1d10]

Tequila looks around, trying to sniff out the vampire.
>Perception: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.748233

>>748230
You look around through the room but can't see the fog coming back together anywhere.
Your automaton extends a hand and helps the gryphon back up.

>>748231
You try to heal Peyote but can't summon up the energy.
Your abomination slowly trundles across the room, not moving fast enough to actually attack another wall.

>>748232
Perlite's mechanical minion helps you back up.
Tequila looks around and manages to spot the vampire as he starts to reform behind Perlite.
You are no longer Helpless.

The vampire reforms behind Perlite and tries to rip into her back.
[1d10] Backstab

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.748234

>>748233
Morning hissed and threw out some energy to undo any damage that the monster was doing to Perlite as she had her abomination keep smashing.

[1d10] Lifestream Vamp to Perlite
[1d10] Smash a wall

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.748235

>>748233
Only barely seeing the vampire from the corner of her eye, Perlite rushes to leap out of the way of the slashing claws!
[1d10] dodge!

her assistant shuffles around the next fountain, battering the wall with its mechanical claws!
[1d10] melee

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.748236

>>748233
Tequila lunges to tear at the vampire's legs!
>Targeted Strike: [1d10+1]

Peyote, back on his paws, tries to grab the vampire and drag him into the light of the objects behind the wall!
>grapple: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7

 No.748237

>>748234
You siphon more energy from the vampire and send it to that dragon this time around. For some reason, the vampire doesn't seem to notice that you are here or that you are attacking him.
You abomination starts to punch small holes into yet another side alcove wall.

>>748235
You turn and avoid the worst of the blow, but it still digs deep furrows into your back. You are instantly healed by Morning Light though.
Your assistant steps into the blood fountain in front of it. Fell magic sparks over its body and your machine falls over.
You net zero lost Hits.
Your mechanical minion is now Helpless and loses 1 Wound.

>>748236
Tequila runs in and hamstrings him, though his undead body doesn't seem to miss the snapped tendon it does make his movements awkward and jerky.
You wrap your front legs around the vampire's neck and try to reposition him, but he digs his claws into the floor and won't be moved. You manage to pop a few of the bones in his neck though.

The vampire swipes at Tequila with his claws.
[1d10] DC+2
And stares deep into Peyote's eyes.
[1d10] Vampire Hypnosis DC+2

2 of the 6 walls at the backs of the side alcoves have been destroyed.
2 of the 6 blood fountains have been destroyed.
The meat wall behind the coffin in the main alcove at the back has not been destroyed.


Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.748238

>>748237
Morning shook her head a bit and worked on another Alcove as her Abomination kept on the one it was already hammering.

[1d10] Wall smash
[1d10] Abomination smash

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.748239

>>748237
At once the pain of flayed scales appears and vanishes just as fast, thanks to a wave of recovery magic. Besides mourning the damage to her jacket, Perlite retreats from the vampire, firing a round as she moves
[1d10] ranged

her assistant, shorted by the blood fountain, attempts a reboot.
[1d10] recover

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.748240

>>748237
Peyote flicks her ears as he hears the bones crack, trying to ignore it. "Keep smackin' away at these alcoves! I reckon we're gonna need all of 'em!"
Tequila and Peyote will work together to smash one of the walls- the one the others are working at!
>Tequila Attack: [1d10+1]
>Peyote Attack: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2

 No.748241

>>748237
He leaves himself open and Tequila is able to claw into his guts.
Peyote is able to get a small attack in as well while the vampire tries to hypnotize him.

>>748238
Some bubbling blood from the nearest fountain splashes out and lands on your holy icon of Celestia that you got from the Gravekeeper's hut. The amulet flashes and boils the blood away, badly burning you in the process.
Your abomination hammers meatily against the wall but fails to do any damage.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>748239
You move backwards and trip, landing on a pot marked CORROSIVE in the laboratory area. The acid eats through your jacket and scales alike.
Your automaton stands back up.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>748240
Tequila scampers off to the wall that Morning Light's abomination was hitting and pries a brick loose.
You're too slow to dismount the vampire. He wraps some claws around your leg and flings you at your friends, narrowly missing them and bouncing you off a nearby wall.
You are now Helpless and have lose one Wound.

The vampire leaps after Peyote and tries to sink his fangs into the gryphon's neck.
[1d10] Vampire Lifestream, targeting himself.
While biting, he claws at Perlite again.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.748242

>>748241
*Perlite's down in the Laboratory, so actually he'll be clawing at Morning Light's abomination.

 No.748243

>>748241
Morning groaned and tried to force herself up as she watched her abomination work to smash the wall open so that they could chase him off again.

[1d10] Stand up
[1d10] Smash better

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.748244

>>748241
Jacket further ruined, a hiss of pain escapes the Dragoness as the acid proves far stronger than expected! She scrambles to stand back up, concerned of the liquid's staying power on her clothes..

[1d10] Recover

Her assistant, restarted, moves to continue it's previous command, smashing away at the next wall!
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.748245

>>748241
"Gah! Get offa me!" the griffon shouts, trying to get up.
>Recover: [1d10]

Tequila tries to knock the vampire off! [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.748246

>>748243
You heave yourself to your feet, just in time to watch as as your abomination gets literally ripped into by the vampire.
Your Abomination is at 1/7 Hits, I believe.

>>748244
You manage to roll out of the pool of acid, but the pain is still too great to allow you to stand.
Your mechanical minion starts to tear down the wall that Morning Light's abomination was working on. It smashes a large hole into it and leaves only a couple bricks left that block the view.

>>748245
The vampire bites deep into your neck and starts to suck out your blood. You pull away, but only widen the wound on your neck. Blood geysers out at it all goes dim.
Tequila claws at the vampire to try and get him off of you, but your companion's efforts aren't enough. Despite the healing your blood has provided him, he's starting to look pretty haggard.
Peyote has died.

The vampire is looking badly wounded, but doesn't seem to care as he looks up from Peyote's corpse. He launches himself at Perlite's mechanical minion, and then at Morning Light's Abomination.
[2d10]

Roll #1 8, 3 = 11

 No.748247

>>748246
Morning groaned and upon seeing Peyote she went into a bit of a rage at having lost another friend.

[1d10+1] Reap
[1d10] Smash the wall finally.

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.748330

The party has made it to the deepest part of the Lich's Crypt: The area that she calls home. They've found a strange chamber featuring a large laboratory in the middle filled with bodies of pony mares that have all been mutated to resemble one-another.
There are six alcoves along the left and right sides of the room where blood-spewing fountains of bone and meat sit. Behind these are brick walls that do not match the rest of the walls. Peyote, before he died, was able to point out that there must be something behind them. The party has broken down two of the walls so far, revealing a glowing pink icon shaped like balloons and a glowing white icon shaped like gems. A third wall has almost been battered down.
At the very back of the room is a large alcove covered by a twitching screen of bone and meat, which supports the weight of a heavy, empty metal coffin.
The vampire himself is looking haggard now, his body perforated in many places by claws, knives, and gunshots. He seems utterly unconcerned about his injuries.

Resume from this post >>748246

 No.748331

>>748330
I attempt to heal my party through Prayer of Healing [1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.748332

>>748246
Out of the dissolving acid, perlite struggles upward, gripping the table to stabilize herself.
[1d10] recover

Her assistant, continuing it's command, attempts to finish battering the third wall down!
[1d10] melee

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.748333

>>748247
You strike out at the vampire, but he bats aside your strike and scratches you with his talons. Meanwhile, you abomination batters down the third alcove's wall then turns to punch the attacking vampire.
You lose 2 Hits.

>>748331
You utter your prayer and it is answered in a shine of golden light.
The Hits and Wounds of all party members have been restored to full.

>>748332
You pick yourself back up, using the table for leverage. meanwhile, you assistant gets batted across the room by the vampire. It uses this to its advantage and starts attacking a fourth alcove.
You are no longer Helpless.
Your mechanical minion loses 3 Hits.

Behind the broken, grey brick wall is a deeper alcove of red brick. Standing on a plinth inside it is a small statuette of several apples. Once it is revealed it lights up with an orange glow that seeps out into the entire room. The vampire hisses in pain and steps back from the light. The blood fountain in front of it collapses into a leaking pile of rubble.

The vampire turns to mist and disappears.
The vampire uses Vanish.

 No.748334

>>748333
Morning snorted and moved with her Abomination to attack a fifth Alcove while Perlite and her minion worked on the fourth.

[1d10] Attack
[1d10] Attack

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.748335

>>748333
On her claws and reinvigorated by the healing magic, Perlite grabs her Arquebus and readies a ball for firing, looking about warily for a sign of the vampire.
[1d10] Perception

Her assistant, hurled across the room by the vampire, smashes into the fourth alcove, before righting itself and continuing it's single-minded smashing.
[1d10] Melee!

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.748336

>>748333
I focus on splintered table fragments and boards, try to float that to cover my back.
[1d10] MIN6?

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.748337

>>748334
Morning, you take your hulking abomination in tow and start to batter against a new wall, knocking out chunks of bricks.

>>748335
You spot the vampire starting to re materialize behind you. Your mechanical minion hammers at the wall but does no damage to it.

>>748336
You float some boards up to cover your backside.

The vampire realizes he's been seen and launches a flurry of clawed blows at Perlite.
[1d10]
While doing that he stares deep into Sister Medica's eyes from across the room.
Vampire Hypnosis [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.748338

>>748337
I attempt to ignore this happening [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.748339

>>748337
Morning and her Abomination keep wailing on the wall so they can stop the potential attack from the vampire.

 No.748340

>>748339
[1d10] attack
[1d10] attack

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.748341

>>748337
Spotting the vampire in time, Perlite ducks out of the way of the vampire's attacks, firing the loaded rifle in response as she moves
[1d10] Ranged

Her assistant, undeterred, smashes into the wall ahead of it.
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.748342

>>748338
You ignore his gaze and turn to heal Perlite. After you do it you taste the profane words still on your tongue and realize that you've aided the vampire. His undead flesh heals before your eyes. He looks almost as good as new, but the light shining from the revealed icons seems to have aged and withered him somewhat compared to how he looked when he first appeared.
You have cast Heal on the Vampire.

>>748335
You throw yourself against the wall again and again, leaving your abomination no room to safely attack. The wall is close to collapsing now.

>>748341
You manage to bash the vampire good before you move away. This has done something to the powder in your gun, though, and it explodes back into your face when you try and shoot. Your assistant, meanwhile, seems to have become miscalibrated and is hammering on the wall next to the alcove instead of the new wall inside it.

The vampire snarls at your continued attempt to bring down the walls and reveal the strange icons. After that he starts to chuckle, then guffaw, then laugh madly.
Raise Dead [1d10+2]

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9

 No.748343

>>748342
Morning hissed in annoyance and worked to keep breaking the wall down wanting to cancel his attacks.

[1d10] Smash the wall
[1d10] Plz for real this time

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.748344

>>748342
I cast Prayer of Healing on the party. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.748345

>>748342
With the powder backfiring from her arquebus, the pain and coughing to follow was cut short by the restorative magic flowing into her.

Merely blackened by the powdery soot, she hisses and wipes her eyes clear, before backpedaling to reload, firing once she clears the barrel!
[1d10] Ranged

Her assistant, pausing to reconsider it's actions, turns to the proper wall before battering it once again.
[1d10] melee

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.748346

>>748343
This time your abomination takes the center stage and continues to bash at the wall. With a few meaty blows the wall crumbles.

>>748344
You say a better prayer this time and bring down a healing rain on the party.
Everyone's Hits and Wounds are back to full.

>>748345
You fire and miss. Your automaton over corrects and starts to hit the opposite wall.

Behind the broken, grey brick wall is a deeper alcove of red brick. Standing on a plinth inside it is a small statuette of several butterflies. Once it is revealed it lights up with a yellow glow that seeps out into the entire room. The vampire hisses in pain and steps back from the light. The blood fountain in front of it collapses into a leaking pile of rubble.

The vampire is starting to look fragile under all of these different shades of light. Still, he puffs up a little bit as Peyote's broken corpse shambles to its feet.

The vampire turns into a cloud of mist and fades away.
The vampire uses Vanish.

Zombie Peyote shambles over and takes a swipe at Morning Light.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.748347

>>748346
Morning dodged as rage crossed her face as she had her Abomination work on the 6th alcove as she worked to drop Peyote without hurting the body.

[1d10] Lifestream on Peyote to Abomination
[1d10] Attack

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.748348

>>748346
I cast Heal on Morning Light [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.748349

>>748346
With the vampire disappearing again, her attention is drawn to the corpse of the marksgriffon rising to fight morning light. unable to split her focus, Perlite remains fixed on handling the more pressing threat, searching for the tell-tale sign of the vampiric mist.
[1d10] Perception

her assistant, missing the wall by a large margin, shuffles closer to the wall to ensure it's success, bringing both arms downward onto the wall segment!
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.748350

>>748347
The unholy energy animating Peyote seizes your magic. He screams in what sounds like genuine terror as your life force is sucked out of you and into his bleeding corpse. Your abomination starts to hammer on the sixth, one of two remaining, alcove false walls. It isn't able to put a dent in it though.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>748348
The vampire is upon you before you can get the spell out, and you're forced to retreat with a few scratches and bruises.
You lose 2 Hits.

>>748349
You look all around but can't manage to spot the vampire this time. Your assistant finally manages to hit the wall but his arms bounce off of it.

The vampire rematerializes behind Sister Medica and tries to dig his claws into her back.
Backstab [1d10]
While doing that he kicks a table at Perlite's mechanical minion.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.748351

>>748350
I'm still covered by the door! I shout for the wounded to feel that wrath of their brightest Goddess- er princess!
Prayer of Healing [1d10+3]

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.748352

>>748350
Morning worked to get up as she had her beast work to keep hammering on the wall.

[1d10] Attack
[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.748353

>>748350
Cursing her ability to spot it in time, she levels her arquebus to fire at the vampire now attacking the sister!
[1d10] Ranged

her assistant, striking feebly at the final wall, tries once again to make any headway into the wall's structure!
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.748354

>>748351
Large splinters of door stab into your back along with his claws before you can even start your prayer. You a forced to the ground and nearly skewered to it as well.
You are now Helpless and lose 1 Wound.

>>748352
Before you can get up Peyote's corpse is on top of you and tearing into your body with its beak. Meanwhile your abomination can't make a dent in this tough wall.

>>748353
Your shot grazes the vampire. He doesn't seem to care about the long red line you blast across his back. While you do that your mechanical minion starts knocking chunks out of the wall it has been beating at for so long.

The vampire flings Sister Medica aside.
[1d10]
And throws itself at Perlite, fangs gleaming.
Vampire Lifestream
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.748355

>>748354
I attempt to stand up. [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.748356

>>748355
I kick the door away and stagger to my hooves
"I'm bleeding! HOW IS THAT PRESENTABLE!?"

 No.748357

>>748354
As the vampire turns it's hungering gaze onto perlite, she dives away as the creature lunges for the dragoness!
[1d10] Dodge

Making some progress, her assistant continues to diligently chip away at the wall.
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.748358

>>748354
Morning groaned and worked to get right back up and keep at it as she had her abomination keeps at it.

[1d10] Stand
[1d10] Wail on the wall.

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 5 = 5


[Last 50 Posts]
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]