[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1591709955816.png (1.77 MB, 2464x1540, Sketch 1.png)

 No.740480[Last 50 Posts]

Last time, on HolyQuest…

After recovering from their brief but dangerous confrontation with the den of toxic rats, the Saviors descended through the strange, two-dimensional labyrinth, down and down and down. They reached a torture chamber, lit by gemstones filled with demons that, by this point, must have been imprisoned for millennia. From there, they approached a chamber further to the right, but discerned, by the fact that their view was pulling out, that there was something waiting for them beyond. Instead of proceeding directly to it, they pursued a path on a slope leading diagonally upward. At its peak, they saw that, at the base of the chamber was the staircase leading downward… and so too were a pair of enormously long centipede demons, trapped in an eternal guard-dance surrounding the staircase. How they would deal with this, we shall soon discover…

 No.740481

>All
Shei scans the millipede demons, feeling the seconds whittling away on his invisibility…

>9 rounds (27 seconds) of invisibility left


>Lords of the Refuse

>250/250 HP
>Weak: Gun, Blunt, Pierce, Magma
>Resist: Fire, Ichor
>Null: None
>Repel: Slash
>Absorb: None

>Shei, Pryce

Owing to the close quarters, and the fact that both are invisible, as Pryce and Shei attempt to reconfigure their weaponry for the coming battle, Pryce's spear and Shei's dirt get a little too close, and their conflicting magical signatures overlap. The result – a small explosion of fire and magma.

>Pryce and Shei both lose 5 Hits


However, you note that neither of them loses their invisibility. Both remain unseen.

 No.740482

https://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM

>>740481
Pryce stumbles back from the small explosion of his and Shei's magic crossing. He coughs a bit from the unexpected heatwave, looking down as the demonic beasts below didn't notice it.
"That was a close one…"
He mutters, horn glowing white to refresh the burns sustained before proceeding further.
>Prayer for Deliverance [Self] [1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.740483

>>740482
You heal your minor wounds, and it's at this point that you notice that your lance is gone, most likely a casualty of the crossing of magical signatures.

 No.740484

>>740481
As Shei reveals the creature's weaknesses and resistances, Shorthorns nods in understanding as she looks down into the pit. "Got it. Now let's go down there and beat the guts out of these monsters…" she says before stomping her hooves on the sides of the stair well, trying to turn the surrounding area into a lush, green-covered arena that will allow her to make the most of her abilities.
>Sphere of Life + Sphere of Dark to create a 'Child of Gaia' useable environment
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.740485

>>740484
You envision it, and it is so; moss and grasses bloom from the ancient brick, flowers and vines follow, all the way down to the opening just above the eternally-flowing centipedes.

 No.740486

>>740483
Restored, Pryce takes his bracelet again, attempting to conjure a new lance of no element, away from Shei this time to avoid magical backlash.
>Conjure Weapon [Lance] [DC 5, Single, Great] [1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.740487

>>740486
Your spell fails, as you still feel dizzy from the small explosion. Behind you, Gadriel taps his foot nervously as he waits for the attack.

 No.740488

>>740481

Thanks to being partially transparent, Amy is even more invisible than everyone else!

Amy sticks with the others, unseen. But, ready for fight to break out in earnest.

>being stealthy with a DC-1 thanks transparency

>[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.740489

>>740485
As a veritable garden sprouts up among the walls of the centipedes' domain, Shorthorns nods with satisfaction as she descends past the edge. "Alright, everyone! I'll draw their attention, you strike while all their attention is on me! She says, shooting down into the pit with her horns lighting up with white light as she prepares a protective spell for herself to make sure she can keep going.

>Prayer for Salvation: Automatic; Recharge 2; The target's next recovery from Helplessness will be an Automatic Instant action, and the target will get +1 to all future attempts to get up until the end of combat.

 No.740490

https://pastebin.com/jbpPAusX
>Buffs Currently on Pause
Self: [Slow Down!: Recharge 3 after effect ends; Ranged; You can slow down time in a small radius around the target. The target of this power will take 3 fewer points of damage (minimum 1) for the next 2+1 turns.]

Self, Pryce: [A Vision of Grandeur: Instant; Recharge 1 after effect ends; Choose 1 ally. For the next 4+1 turns, you and that ally gain +2 to all rolls made against all enemies that target you, either with a normal roll, or an Instant roll-to-dodge attack, regardless of whether or not that enemy's attack is successful.]

>>740481
"Well considering it sounds like folks are feeling confident enough to prepare for combat, I'll get in position."

>Assassinate: Recharge 4; On success, blends into a nearby crowd or suitable hiding spot. Once hidden, can take an Instant action to instantly kill one target. On a failure, your cover is blown. On a critical blending roll, the assassination autocrits. A critical assassination roll does the job so neatly nobody even realizes the target died.

[1d10+2] Hide above, unno if being invisible helps

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.740491

>>740481
Shei-Sher coughs up soot. His face is marked in a splat of black ash "Ow, ow.. ow. ahem. My bad, I'l -umm keep this next one a bit more personal. Just you and me Gadds. And erm.. Amy."

Shei-Sher tries again
spellbleed for 3
>alchemy with remaining magma.
[1d10+3] for Amy, Gadds, and Shei

>>740490
"Whenever you're ready Cloak." Shei beckons him to take the shot.

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.740492

>>740491
>>740488
>>740489
>>740490
Cloak takes up position above, aiming his rifle carefully, at nearly a vertical position given that the centipedes are directly below them. Shei imbues his weapon, Amy's catalyst, and Gadriel's claws with magma, and then he, Amy, Gadriel and Flaming descend from above. Though invisible, their landing makes an audible impact upon the ground. They stand not far from the spiral staircase, but they are now in the space between the centipedes. The two do not stop their eternal spiraling dance, but focus upon their position, having apparently sensed either the sound itself or its vibrations in the ground.

>8 rounds (24 seconds) of invisibility left)


The two centipedes, their motions mirroring one another, approach where the party members stand.

[1d10+2] Investigation, DC 10 due to invis

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.740493

>>740492
>>740492
As she notices the Centipedes beginning to approach the others, Shorthorns takes out her newfound Waxen Shield, magma boiling over as she leaps from the sides of the garden-covered pit to strike at the nearest one, grabbing its attention
>saving 'Charge' for the other Centipede
[1d10+4] All or Nothing
>Waxxen Shield has Fire, Darkness, and Magma elements attached to it
>Stunning: On a critical hit, causes the target to lose 1 action next round.

Roll #1 2 + 4 = 6

 No.740494

>>740492
>>740490

Seeing them approach, Leather takes a deep breath, readies his nigh-vertical aim and fires.

>Instant, instakill

GUN, ICE [1d10+3] -2 DC, -1 Crit DC, Quality ranged weapon(+1), requires instant auto to reload.

He then prepares divine retribution.
> Retaliate: recharge 3 after effect triggers; After three+1 turns, you deal out damage for every hit you lost during those three+1 turns. Going Helpless before the end of the three+1 turns causes the effect to release instantly. Critfails don’t count toward the charge of this spell.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 + 3 = 12 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.740495

>>740492

Seeing them approach, Amy doesn't bother waiting to see what happens next. This time, she's going to go all out. Amy leaps out of her invisibility right in front of both of the centipedes.

>Mystic Animal Totem, instant automatic

>Level 1 Tattoo (1 extra turn of Mystical Animal Totem)
>Level 2 Tattoo (1 extra standard action each turn in Mystic Animal Totem)
>Level 3 Tattoo (Gain an additional turn on Animal Totem Form. User takes half-damage while in Animal Totem Form,. All foes in close range are knocked back on activation and cannot attack the user next round. Regain 1 Wound per turn while in Animal Totem Form, after damage calculation for that turn.)

As Amy bursts into full demon mode, knocking them back, she howls a mighty howl. Her body begins to let off a bright glow offset by a dark, unyielding center. The result is not unlike the appearance of a black hole with its event horizon.

>Go Go Go!: Go, Go, Go!: Once per combat; For the next 3 turns, you and all allies may take an extra action. On a natural crit, that's 2 extra actions.

>[1d10+2]

As Amy continues to howl, a portal opens behind her and a nail beast crawls out from within it.

>Animal Mastery [1d10+4]


She then leaps quickly leaps forward and bites at the centipede on her left, draining it of any charm it may have.

>Hungry Like the Wolf: Recharge 1; Instant; Spell: Bite into a magical effect, such as an enemy's oncoming spell, or a natural magical effect in the surrounding area, and devour it. This both neutralizes the effect, and allows you to roll that spell once for your own purposes, using whatever bonuses and modifiers that the original caster would have used, PLUS any of yours that are applicable. Using this skill is an Instant action, but the captured spell is whatever kind of action the original spell was (standard / automatic / instant / etc)(Witchcraft)

>[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 1 + 4 = 5 / Roll #3 9 + 2 = 11

 No.740496

>>740492
Attention hangs in anticipation as the demons dance closer to investigate. Shei-Sher realizes they're looking right at us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJS-X63nGQ
The God of Bastards and Kids begins revving up his guitar.
>Background Music: instant, stackable; the entire party gains +1 to all rolls for 2 turns, this effect is stackable for a maximum of +2; this ability cannot either critically fail or critically succeed.
[1d10]

Shei-Sher flourishes his cape from a veil in his local space multiple links of chain shoot out to choke a grip upon the Lords of Refuse.
>Precise Switch Cane of: *Gravity and *Time [Spelltagged]
>Cleave for 2
>Lasso
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.740497

>>740487
>>740492
Failing to conjure his weapon again, and with the centipedes approaching, Pryce puts his bracelet back on and draws out his Memory-Pluck. As the rest of the party attacks, Pryce then also pulls out his lexicon, conjuring up illusions of larger worms to by them a little more time to make the first attack.
>Lexicon of the Moon's Dread [Larger Centipedes] [Cleave vs 2] [1d10]
>Contains illusory nightmares that can incapacitate a single target for Roll - 5 rounds. Can target up to ten targets as a Cleave roll, but increases Recharge by 1 with each additional target. Recharge 1 for 1 target. User determines the content of the Nightmare.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.740498


 No.740499

>>740497
>>740496
>>740495
>>740494
>>740493
As Flaming runs forward, she slams her shield down onto the hide of the approaching centipede… but it hardly budges from her strike. The centipede looks down at Flaming for an instant, using the horrorshow of animal faces upon its underside.

>1 Damage to LotR A, no crit due to Fire Resist


It is in that next instant that Cloak fires his rifle, and the bullet explodes through the top of the centipede's head, clean through into the stone below. The monstrous faces upon its underside roar and screech in the throes of death, shaking the chamber until at last it dies.

>Instant Death effect, 249 Damage to LotR A


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXU7W2gTscA

The other centipede reels back as Amy, Shei and Pryce descend upon him. Black and deep violent gunk gathers in its mouth, and an evil gloom seeps out like a dark gas, but Amy approaches, biting down onto one of the sources of it, and devours it.

>Amy gains one use of Chain Magic, +4


>All gain an extra action for the next 3 turns


>3 Time and Gravity Damage to LotR B, 247/250


>LotR B loses 1 Action due to Lexicon


>Background Music at 1 stack for the whole party


The centipede rears back, and spews its evil miasma onto the whole party as it thrashes about the room, slamming its tail and myriad legs across everything and anything that stands in its way.

>Cleave vs Shei, Pryce, Shorthorned


[1d10+4]

>Wrath vs. All except Amy


[1d10+4]

Gadriel yelps and dives for cover, firing his quills at the centipede.

[1d10+2] Dodge

[1d10+3] Marksman Shot

Roll #1 7 + 4 = 11 / Roll #2 5 + 4 = 9 / Roll #3 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #4 9 + 3 = 12

 No.740500

>>740499
>Cleave and Wrath have Ichor attribute

 No.740501

>Serpentskin Cloak: Empty

>>740499
Pryce is nearly surprised as one centipede's head is struck through, dying instantly. If he hadn't seen Leather's final move back in Threecoins, he would be stunned still from the display. With power flowing through him from the parties combined actions, Pryce raises his wakizashi, spreading his wings to dash up and impale the remaining demon in one of it's myriad of faces
>Stab [1d10+3]
>Memory-Pluck: Steals an opponent's skill upon a hit, enabling the user to use it while the victim can't. Normal success = 1 use, Critical = 2 uses. Once you use the skill, the skill goes back to the victim. You can hold the skill indefinitely to simply deny its use by the victim. You can only steal 1 skill at a time.
>Guarded: Reduces critical failure damage by half.

His horn glows bright, firing a crimson bolt up the chamber like a flare, building it's magic for later.
>Orbital Strike [Lance] [1d10+4]
>Time to land if successful [1d10+3]

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9 / Roll #2 7 + 4 = 11 / Roll #3 10 + 3 = 13

 No.740502

>>740499
Shorthorns grunts as the creature manages to hold back against her strike, falling back as she sees Cloak fires a powerful, clean shot right through its head, ending it in only one blow.

"Woah… incredible!"

She looks towards the next one, not looking to be out-done, as her horns take on a dark aura, firing an ethereal blue ball towards the creature as she recognizes it holding fast against her fire.

"Everyone who uses Fire, get ready to unleash it all at once! I'm changing its weakness…"

>-Kalyani: Spell; Ranged; Recharge 2; You cause a target's Weaknesses and Resistances to be switched around. For example, if a target is weak to Ice and Poison but resistant to Magic and Fire, they are now weak to Magic and Fire but resistant to Ice and Poison.

[1d10+1]

With her extra action, she lights up her horns with the same blue fire, drawing the monster's attention away from her friends
>-Offering on the Mountain: Automatic; Recharge 2 after effect ends; A cursed blue fire encircles your head, drawing the ire of enemies, leaving them more likely to target you over allies who have not attacked yet. Allies who score critical successes attract more ire. This effect lasts 3 turns.

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.740503

>>740499
>>740501
During the fighting, KP remains up top where the party waited before, keeping out of sight but peaking over the edge to watch the others fight.

 No.740504

>Vanguard: passive; You and all allies ignore first damage taken in combat, including critical failures. This does not negate non-damage effects.
>>740499

Not wasting time, Leather hops down from his position and gets in the way of the centipede's attacks towards Shei, tanking the blows for Shei.

>Tsiba down to other fighters, instant auto


>Protect: automatic instant, recharge 2 after effect ends; Takes all damage for a target for 2+1 turns. Neither can be rendered helpless in that time, but the knight becomes helpless after the effect ends if they would have become helpless during Protect’s duration.


He then reloads his rifle.
>Reload rifle, instant auto

[to note, Slow Down! has higher damage mitigation than the damage the Ichor DoT deals]

 No.740505

>>740499

"I'm not done with you yet!" Amy barks at the other centipede.

Amy jumps on it's back. She shoves a Stone of Attunement into its carapace. Yeah, that might not be how they were INTENDED to be used. But, that's how she does it!

>Using Stone of Attunement to reduce it's fire resistance.

>[1d10+1]

"I'm taking this," she says as she bites down on it.

>Can I Borrow This?: Instant; Recharge 3; Ranged; On success, you steal 1 of the target's chances to act next turn, completely stunning them if they can only take 1 action per turn. Next turn, you can use this stolen action in addition to your normal ones.

>[1d10+3]

As the power flows into her, it explodes from her body in the form of white flames.

>Wrath [1d10+6]


Then, Amy starts to inhale while on top of the centipede. Energy starts building up around her mouth.

>Homing Magic [1d10+4]


So much builds up that some of it starts leaking out now and blasts into the carapace of the centipede.

>Chain Magic [1d10+7]


Some of the energy goes to Cloak, empowering him.

>Impatience: Passive/Instant; As a passive effect, all recharge periods on your abilities are reduced by 1. As an Instant action, you can reduce 1 ally's current recharge periods by 1.

>Reducing Vision of Grandeur's cooldown.
>[1d10+3]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #2 1 + 3 = 4 / Roll #3 3 + 6 = 9 / Roll #4 2 + 4 = 6 / Roll #5 1 + 7 = 8 / Roll #6 1 + 3 = 4

 No.740506

>>740499
With a strong push of his wings Shei sends himself into the air, attempting to dodge the LotR's attack.

[1d10+1]

Shei-Sher reels the LotR in, as the chains tighten many different sigils and talismans appear upon the demon's body
>GABBY'S SEAL: Turns a living enemy into an walking corpse. For all intents and purposes this target now counts as Undead and a corpse. This effect ends if someone removes the seal from their body.
[1d10+1]

Shei-Sher does this as he continues playing. thrashing his hair, and dipping with the momentum his guitar's rhythm
>Background Music: instant, stackable; the entire party gains +1 to all rolls for 2 turns, this effect is stackable for a maximum of +2; this ability cannot either critically fail or critically succeed.
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #3 8 + 1 = 9

 No.740507

>>740503
Zjetya and River remain alongside you, protectively keeping you under their wings.

>>740501
>>740502
>>740503
>>740505
>>740504
A protective aura of grace embraces each of you as the centipede readies its attack, completely nullifying its first strikes against each of you. Shei, Pryce and Shorthorned are the only ones to be affected by the miasma, but the mist congeals upon the ground, covering all terrain below you.

>Shei, Pryce, Shorthorned take 4 Ichor Damage


>Ichor effect applied to all ranges except Aerial; All start taking continuous 2 continuous Ichor Damage for the next 2 turns


>Pryce deals 8 Pierce damage, Choose 1 Mage or Cleric Skill to steal


>5 turns on Orbital Strike


>Flaming becomes aggro target


>Shei protected for 3 turns


>Amy gains 1 Homing Orb


>Amy deals 4 Non-Elemental Magic Damage


>Background Music stacks again


>LotR becomes a corpse


As the LotR thrashes about from its wounds, it slams its tail down upon Amy, crushing her with its immense weight. Shei, standing nearby, is gouged by one of the LotR's legs

>Amy takes 15 Hits and 3 Wounds; 5 Hits and 1 Wound per critfail


>Shei takes 5 Hits; Wound damage negated by Ndindisholo


The LotR strikes at Shei and Shorthorned.

[1d10+4] Cleave vs 2, Ichor

Then at Pryce.

[1d10+4] Magic Bolt, Ichor

More Miasma wells up within its mouths.

[1d10+4] Homing Magic, Ichor

Roll #1 10 + 4 = 14 / Roll #2 2 + 4 = 6 / Roll #3 3 + 4 = 7

 No.740508

>>740507
Negate that last action; Lexicon still has 3 turns on it, limited to 2 actions per turn

 No.740509

>LotR B at 235/250 HP

 No.740510

>>740507
Shorty grunts as the intoxicating mist surrounds her, coughing up a storm as she tries to get out of it and comes around the remaining centipede for another attack.

As the tail comes down on Amy, Shorthorns growls, leaping up and above the creature with shield raised as jams it into the sides of the massive chamber, trying to transform
[1d10+3] Mantra of Recovery
[1d10+3] Sphere of Darkness: create Magma around the creature

[1d10+6] Also throwing down the shield on one of its legs to break it (All or Nothing, Magma/Fire/Darkness/Stunning)

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11 / Roll #2 6 + 3 = 9 / Roll #3 7 + 6 = 13

 No.740511

>Correction: Amy takes 7 Hits, 1 Wound (halved, rounded down)

 No.740512

Serpentskin Cloak: 2 Ichor hits

>>740507
Pryce pulls his blade from the centipede, landing back on the ground as magic is leeched from the beast.
>Stealing Inure

Pryce levitate his Memory Pluck up, holding it high to channel the stolen magic over himself to shield from the poison the centipede spills.
>Inure [Ichor] [1d10+2]
His horn continues to glow, magic forming in the air around him to make an array of daggers, flourishing behind himself like a second pair of wings.
>Homing Magic [Daggers] [1d10+2]
>Perform [1d10+2]
>Perform: Free Action; Entertain the crowd to warm up for the big event. Generates (Roll - DC + 1) sparks on success.

He then lowers his blade, holding it forth as he focuses on the wakizahi, a red glow forming along the blade to further hone it.
>Sallus [1d10+2]
>Instant; Recharge 5; Self-Buff; For 3 turns, your physical attacks deal an additional 2d3 damage on success, rolled by you at the time of the attacks. If any of these attacks are natural critical hits, they will Blind the target, removing one of their chances to act next turn.

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8 / Roll #2 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #3 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #4 6 + 2 = 8

 No.740513

>>740507
Shei-Sher rolls back on his back from getting gouged, he flaps his wings sending him up briefly, to land standing. He dances like a moody goth kid with excited bursts of energy dotting his performance.

He begins wailing down on his guitar, he juts his hips into the result of cascading electric wails from his guitar.
>Shepherd's Tone: one effect per 6 turns, stackable, negates resistances; Divinity transposed through rock and roll. Play a song that invokes profoundly visceral effects upon all your enemies or allies on the field to either alter their behavior or status condition. When using this ability describe the effect and purpose and whether it is for allies or enemies. Based on the description of the effect and purpose the DM may attach any status conditions at his discretion. Player may describe environmental effects on planes where the environment is nebulous i.e. dreams, astral plane, chaotic planes, etc. This ability automatically succeeds upon feared targets and a successful roll will amplify the effect. Can be rolled continuously to compound effects, but can only be used for one effect every 6 turns. Any Status conditions remaining dispells after 6 turns. If the effected party surrenders due to this ability the behavioral condition is more permanent.
[1d10+2] Evoking visceral feelings of Submission

>CONTROL+1: Spell, attempts to take control of a hostile or neutral undead. More powerful undead may require a higher minimum roll. Also used to take control of a larger undead at recharge 2.

[1d10+3]

As the LotR strikes at Shei-Sher the chains wrapped onto it's body pull away, Shei-Sher arcs his back as he reels the chains pyschically to cause the LotR to miss him with it's cleave.
>dodge roll
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #2 3 + 3 = 6 / Roll #3 6 + 2 = 8

 No.740514

>>740507

Amy downs a potion. Ain't nothing going to hurt her!

>Natural Remedy [1d10+4]


Then, she barks again at the Centipede.

>Wrath [1d10+5]


She then spits all the built up energy at the centipede.

>Chain Magic [1d10+4]


>Homing Magic [1d10+3]


Then, she leaps on it and bites into it again.

>Can I Borrow This?: Instant; Recharge 3; Ranged; On success, you steal 1 of the target's chances to act next turn, completely stunning them if they can only take 1 action per turn. Next turn, you can use this stolen action in addition to your normal ones.

>[1d10+2]

And, she also takes some magic from it.
>Hungry Like the Wolf: Recharge 1; Instant; Spell: Bite into a magical effect, such as an enemy's oncoming spell, or a natural magical effect in the surrounding area, and devour it. This both neutralizes the effect, and allows you to roll that spell once for your own purposes, using whatever bonuses and modifiers that the original caster would have used, PLUS any of yours that are applicable. Using this skill is an Instant action, but the captured spell is whatever kind of action the original spell was (standard / automatic / instant / etc)(Witchcraft)
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 5 + 4 = 9 / Roll #2 5 + 5 = 10 / Roll #3 10 + 4 = 14 / Roll #4 4 + 3 = 7 / Roll #5 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #6 9 + 2 = 11

 No.740515

>>740507
>Shei, Pryce, Shorthorned take 4 Ichor Damage
Leather takes 1 hit
>Ichor effect applied to all ranges except Aerial; All start taking continuous 2 continuous Ichor Damage for the next 2 turns
Leather takes 2 hits, one from his Ichor, one from Shei
>Shei takes 5 Hits; Wound damage negated by Ndindisholo
Leather
Leather takes 2 hits
(24/29 hits)

Leather fires a round to cripple the giant demon, anihilating it's carapace.

>Shatter: recharge 2, weapon; Breaks the target's defenses, opening them up for attack. Any attacks against a Shattered target crit on a 8+ for two+1 rounds. Can be used against inanimate objects or armor to break and damage them efficiently.

ICE, GUN [1d10+6] -2 DC, -1 Crit DC, Quality ranged weapon(+1)
>Instant Auto reload

He then tries to apply divine retribution again.
> Retaliate: recharge 3 after effect triggers; After three+1 turns, you deal out damage for every hit you lost during those three+1 turns. Going Helpless before the end of the three+1 turns causes the effect to release instantly. Critfails don’t count toward the charge of this spell.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 + 6 = 7 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.740516

>>740510
Shorty creates a pool of magma about the centipede, slowing its spasms and thrashings. The creature backs up, but the magma surrounds all of it, and it cannot find escape from its prison. Shorty then leaps overhead, and slams her shield down onto one of its legs, not just breaking but utterly severing it. In retaliation, it crushes you with its tail.


>Flaming loses 15 Hits

>Flaming gains Mantra of Recovery effect, drains 2 Hits / turn
>LotR B takes 8 Magma Damage (Weak)
>LotR B takes 4 Damage (Resist)
>LotR B at 221/250 HP

>>740512
You give yourself protection against the poisonous Ichor pooling about on the floor, and produce 4 Sparks about you as you glow with power.

>Pryce gains Null: Ichor

>Pryce gains Sallus for 3 turns
>4 turns left on Orbital Strike

>>740513
You try to blast its mind with weakening effects, but the creature holds fast for now.
>LotR B takes 4 Mind Damage, 71/75 Psychic HP

You gain partial control over it, and can command it to use one of its actions next turn.

You manage to get it to avert its attack slightly, but are still struck. You hold fast due to Cloak's protection.

>Shei protected for 2 turns; Cloak takes 15 Hits


>>740514
You restore yourself to full Hits and regain 1 Wound, then bombard the Centipede with heaps of magical energy, and steal the Magic Bolt that was headed straight for Pryce. It strikes you again in frustration.

>Amy deals 25 Non-Elemental Magic Damage

>LotR B at 196 HP
>Amy loses 2 Hits and 1 wound

>>740515
The thrashing centipede rips into you with its tail, smacking you across the room, but you start building up holy energy within you.

>Leather loses 5 Hits and 1 Wound

>Copied for convenience: Shei protected for 2 turns; Cloak takes 15 Hits

>>>


Gadriel's quills stab into the creature's faces, earning its rage.

>Gadriel deals 28 Pierce Damage

>LotR B at 168 HP
>All take 2 Hits of Ichor Damage this turn, before damage reduction effects
>3 turns left on Lexicon

The centipede blasts you all with Wrath again.

[1d10+4] Wrath vs all except Amy, Ichor

[1d10+4] Cleave vs Shei, Cloak, Pryce, Flaming, Gadriel

Roll #1 8 + 4 = 12 / Roll #2 4 + 4 = 8

 No.740517

Gadriel tries Corpse Explosion!

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.740518

>>740516
>CORRECTION:

Amy and Gadriel dealt double damage last turn due to Magma, given to them by Shei.

So, that's 50 damage total and 56 damage total.

LotR B is at 115 HP

 No.740519

[1d10+1] Huge

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.740520

>>740519
Fails. You go helpless and lose 1 Wound.

 No.740521

>>740516
>>740516
Shorthorns is knocked down and out by the mighty swing of the creature's tail, flying away but quickly regaining her senses as she manages to stick her landing, skidding across the grass covered surroundings
>Prayer for Salvation activates
>Assuming 'Mantra of Recovery' cancels out the 'Ichor' damage?

She stands back up to full, charging her horns with a warping, dark glow as she attempts to warp its weaknesses and resistances again so that the others can take advantage of their fire-abilities

[1d10+3]
Kalyani: Spell; Ranged; Recharge 2; You cause a target's Weaknesses and Resistances to be switched around. For example, if a target is weak to Ice and Poison but resistant to Magic and Fire, they are now weak to Magic and Fire but resistant to Ice and Poison.

Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.740522

>>740516

Amy howls, opening the portal once again.

>Animal Mastery [1d10+4]


As she does, magical energy continues to radiate off of her.

>Wrath [1d10+5]


>Chain Magic [1d10+6]


She then bites into the Centipede again.

>Can I Borrow This?: Instant; Recharge 3; Ranged; On success, you steal 1 of the target's chances to act next turn, completely stunning them if they can only take 1 action per turn. Next turn, you can use this stolen action in addition to your normal ones.

>[1d10+2]

>>Hungry Like the Wolf: Recharge 1; Instant; Spell: Bite into a magical effect, such as an enemy's oncoming spell, or a natural magical effect in the surrounding area, and devour it. This both neutralizes the effect, and allows you to roll that spell once for your own purposes, using whatever bonuses and modifiers that the original caster would have used, PLUS any of yours that are applicable. Using this skill is an Instant action, but the captured spell is whatever kind of action the original spell was (standard / automatic / instant / etc)(Witchcraft)

>[1d10+2]

Doing so jams that stone of atunement from earlier into the centipede a little more.

>[1d10] to lower fire resistance


Roll #1 8 + 4 = 12 / Roll #2 8 + 5 = 13 / Roll #3 4 + 6 = 10 / Roll #4 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #5 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #6 10 = 10

 No.740523

>>740516
Shei-Sher compels the LotR To stop itself from using wrath.
>Minion action +4
>+background music buff +2
[1d10+6]

Shei-Sher breaks into a gentle solo, butterflies of glittering light and colors dazzle, surrounding the LotR. A spotlight shines on the LotR, Shei-Sher guides an energy coming forth from his lantern with his otherwordly tune.

>Chorazin's Miracle: recharge 4(minus 1); Summons a burst of colorful butterflies that latch onto the target. Reduces an angel or demon's Ranking, resulting in a rollback of their bonuses, skills, etc to the previous rank. May be used to reverse demonization or angelfication of recently turned mortals.

[1d10+2]

>Go, Go, Go!: Once per combat; For the next 3 turns, you and all allies may take an extra action. On a natural crit, that's 2 extra actions.

[1d10+2]

The chains binding LotR constrain once again, as time transmits to Shei from the LotR
>Can I Borrow This?: Instant; Recharge 3(minus 1); Ranged; On success, you steal 1 of the target's chances to act next turn, completely stunning them if they can only take 1 action per turn. Next turn, you can use this stolen action in addition to your normal ones.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 8 + 6 = 14 / Roll #2 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #3 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #4 6 + 2 = 8

 No.740524

>Serpentskin Cloak: 2 Ichor Hits
>Sparks: 4
>Sallus: 3 turns remain
>Inure - Ichor: 3 turns

>>740516
Pryce's horn glows bright red, building magic before blasting forth in a wave to mark the centipede for the future.
>Smite [1d10+5]
>Recharge 3, spell; Open a gate to your chosen deity, summoning their power to raze your foes. Hits all enemies in a target area and marks them to be struck down. Next turn, all your attacks on any enemies marked by Smite will autocrit on success.

He then runs forward, stabbing into the demon's underside faces again with his blade.
>Stab [1d10+3]
>Sallus Damage [2d3]
>Memory-Pluck: Steals an opponent's skill upon a hit, enabling the user to use it while the victim can't. Normal success = 1 use, Critical = 2 uses. Once you use the skill, the skill goes back to the victim. You can hold the skill indefinitely to simply deny its use by the victim. You can only steal 1 skill at a time.
>Guarded: Reduces critical failure damage by half.

He hums in his leap to himself, preparing to shield himself for future attacks.
>Hymn of the Cedar Tree Shrine [Self] [1d10+1]
>Instant, Spell, Recharge 3 after effect ends: Massively increases the target's resistance to all forms of damage for a very brief period. On success, the target will only take 1 Hit of damage from each applicable source of damage that hits them. This lasts for 2 turns, or 3 on a critical hit.

Roll #1 8 + 5 = 13 / Roll #2 2 + 3 = 5 / Roll #3 3, 3 = 6 / Roll #4 4 + 1 = 5

 No.740525

>>740516
>15 reduced to 12
>5 hits 2
24-14, 10/6
>14 hits stored for Retaliate

Not wishing to waste ammo, Leather hits the bug with the back of his rifle, strengthening himself before he does.

>I Dream of Strength: Instant; Recharge 1; Enhances the target's combat abilities until the end of combat. Every attack they land will do 1 extra hit of damage. Every attack made against them will do 1 less hit of damage, to a minimum of 1. This effect stacks with itself to a maximum of 3 successes.

[1d10+1]

[1d10+3] BLUNT, ICE (only applying grandeur and background since other effects are fot shooting)

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 4 + 3 = 7

 No.740526

>>740521
>Go go go still active
As an additional action, she lights up her horn with empowering light, boosting everyone's actions for the next three turns!
>Commandment of Harmony: Once per combat; Automatic; For 3 turns, you and all allies may ignore all Recharge periods, and the DC for all rolls is reduced by 2.

 No.740527

>>740525
>>740516
>>740526
>apparently Go Go Go still active, one more bash

[1d10+3] BLUNT, ICE (only applying grandeur and background since other effects are for shooting)

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.740528


 No.740529

>>740522
>>740521
The LotR's blast misses, compelled away by Shei's spell.

Gadriel shoots the creature's faces again in retaliation for the strike, causing it to miss.

>LotR B takes 5 Damage from critfail

>LotR B at 110 HP

>>740521
>Yes

You invert the demon's weaknesses and resistances. It then confidently strides toward you through the magma, its shell now resistant to it.

>Weak: Fire, Ichor

>Resist: Gun, Magma, Pierce, Blunt
>Null: None
>Repel: Slash
>Absorb: None
>LotR B takes 2 Magma Damage (Resist)
>LotR B at 106 HP

>>740522
You summon one Nail Beast. It looks exceedingly familiar.

Your blast deals 26 Magma damage, and you steal an action. The stone of Attunement then makes it Severely Weak to Fire.

>LotR B at 80 HP


>>740523
You steal another Action, and are struck for your trouble.
>Shei protected for 1 turn, Cloak loses 5 Hits

>>740524
You deal 8 Non-Elemental Damage, and 0 pierce damage, as the centipede slaps you away for your efforts.
>Pryce loses 2 Hits

>>740527
>>740525
You buff yourself, and deal 4 Blunt/Ice Damage (Resist due to Kalyani switching AR's)

>LotR B at 76 HP


Gadriel's spell causes the seal upon it to explode, dealing 6 Magma Damage (Resisted).

The Centeipede, growing weak, refuses to leave the battlefield, and instead sweeps at each of you once more.

>Cleave, Ichor [1d10+4]


Roll #1 8 + 4 = 12

 No.740530

>>740529
Gadriel fires more of his quills at it.

[1d10+2] normal attack

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9

 No.740531

>2 turns left on Orbital Strike

 No.740532

>>740529
Shorthorns affords herself a smirk as she successfully twists its weaknesses around, only for her eyes to open wide in realization as she sees how she's made it immune to her OWN lava trap!

"Oooooh… okay, did not think that through." She says to herself, before pressing her hoof into the lava, attempting to harden it back into solid earth and try to trap its movements.

"EVERYONE! It's weak to fire now! Light it up!"
[1d10+3] Transform the magma into solid rock instead using Sphere of Darkness

Roll #1 9 + 3 = 12

 No.740533

>>740529
Shei-Sher slides to his knees before the Lotr, gurgitating an absolutely deleterous of godly solos upon the LotR. Upon his knees, playing while thrashing his hair back in forth in headbangs. An image akin to sacrilegious worship.
>GABBY'S SEAL: Turns a living enemy into an walking corpse. For all intents and purposes this target now counts as Undead and a corpse. This effect ends if someone removes the seal from their body.
Many more dozens of seals appear upon the LotR littering it's body gratuitously like graffiti
[1d10] more psychic damage

The chains upon the LotR grab deeper, embedding onto it's carapace as Shei's drag the demon's face to look him in the eyes.
>CONTROL+1: Spell, attempts to take control of a hostile or neutral undead. More powerful undead may require a higher minimum roll. Also used to take control of a larger undead at recharge 2.
[1d10+1]

Shei-Sher feels the Demon Beast vitality, steep half way towards depth, in it's weakened state he attempts to steal a portion of its very spirit.
>Qliphoth: automatic, recharge 3; Sacrifice one or all of the minions under your control to heal yourself 5/5 H/W per minion sacrificed. The minion must have over 20% of it's HP to be a proper sacrifice. Can heal beyond character's Natural H/W up to a maximum of double their Wounds+2W. For Shei 8/12 H/W. This ability may require a Control roll at the DM's discretion. Can be used to heal allies and H/W gained may be distributed to up to Five allies at a time. I.e 1/1 for each of Five allies, 2/3 and 3/2 for each of Two allies, etc. This skill can heal someone from 0/0HW but requires a roll and both their soul and body are still present.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #3 5 = 5

 No.740534

>Serpentskin Cloak: 2 Ichor Hits, 1 Hit
>Sparks: 4
>Sallus: 2 turns remain
>Inure - Ichor: 2 turns

>>740529
>Damage halved to 1 hit from Serpentskin Cloak

Pryce lands on his hooves after the centipede bats him away. He turns his blade in his magic, running forth to stab the demon from the side, going for the weakened spots his smite left.
>Stab [AutoCrit] [1d10+2]
>Sallus [2d3]
>Memory-Pluck: Steals an opponent's skill upon a hit, enabling the user to use it while the victim can't. Normal success = 1 use, Critical = 2 uses. Once you use the skill, the skill goes back to the victim. You can hold the skill indefinitely to simply deny its use by the victim. You can only steal 1 skill at a time.
>Guarded: Reduces critical failure damage by half.

When Flaming shouts out that the demon is weakened to fire now, Pryce flicks his bracelet into the air, focusing his magic as flames pour out of it to form a bow in the shape of a phoenix's wings to fire at it from a distance.
>Conjure Weapon [Phoenix Bow] [DC 5, Flare, Range, SIngle] [1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 3, 1 = 4 / Roll #3 7 + 1 = 8

 No.740535

>Creature has stacks of Ice now, so crit range reduced
>>740529
>forgot to apply last turn of Ichor
-2 hits
>Shei protected for 1 turn, Cloak loses 5 Hits
-4 due to Dream of Strength

[20 hits stored in Retaliate]

Seeing as all of it's weaknesses became it's strengths, Cloak goes to manually edit it's weaknesses to be neutral towards Blunt.

>Stone of Attuning: Instant; Ranged; Recharge 1; A small stone that, when used upon a target, changes their Attribute Relationship to a specific damage type, either increasing or decreasing it 1 tier, until the end of combat or until dispelled. If it crits, the increase or decrease is 2 tiers.

[1d10+2] -BLUNT resist

[1d10+2] BLUNT, ICE (only applying grandeur and background since other effects are for shooting), +1 damage from Strength

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #2 7 + 2 = 9

 No.740536

>>740529

Amy begins to inhale for another big attack.

>Homing Magic [1d10+3]


Her power radiates everywhere.

>Wrath [1d10+5]


Some rejuvinating energy makes its way to Cloak.

>Natural Remedy [1d10+4]


>Impatience: Passive/Instant; As a passive effect, all recharge periods on your abilities are reduced by 1. As an Instant action, you can reduce 1 ally's current recharge periods by 1.

>[1d10+2] to recharge protect

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4 / Roll #2 5 + 5 = 10 / Roll #3 8 + 4 = 12 / Roll #4 10 + 2 = 12

 No.740537

>>740534
You deal 5 Damage (Resisted), and can steal any Cleric or Mage Skill, and gain a bow of flames.

>>740535
You reduce its Blunt Resistance to a Neutral AR, and deal 5 Hits.
>LotR B at 69 Hits

>>740536
You deal 10 Magma Damage (Resisted), and heal Cloak to full Hits and 1 Wound, and restore his Protect to full usage.

>>740533
>>740532
>>740529
>>740535
>>740536
Each of you takes 7 Ichor damage before damage reduction effects. It manages again to slam into Amy, dealing an additional 2 Hits and 1 Wound.

Shorthorned's power then causes the magma around it to rise, and transmutate from magma into solid rock. It attempts to shake its way out, and the stone prison cracks and shudders, but it's immobile for this turn, unable to act.

Gadriel shoots its upper half while it's immobile.

[1d10+2] Corpse Explosion

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.740538

>>740537

Amy is actually getting tired. She reverts back to her wolf pony form. She huffs in frustration and fatigue. She opens her mouth to once again build up energy.

>[1d10+3] Homing Magic


Also, the Nail Beast attacks.

>Dual Strike with DC-1

>[1d10] [1d10]

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 9 = 9

 No.740539

>>740537
Shei-Sher backs away as he hisses at the searing pains ichor. He continues playing an anthem to youth.
>Background Music: instant, stackable; the entire party gains +1 to all rolls for 2 turns, this effect is stackable for a maximum of +2; this ability cannot either critically fail or critically succeed.
[1d10]

Shei-Sher playing evokes the sigils planted upon the LotR, each one detonating.
>Lady Athena's Approach: Recharge 4; Ranged; All low-level Undead-tagged targets in range are instantly reduced to ash, preventing their resurrection, while high-level Undead-tagged targets are autocrit and receive -2 to their actions for the next 2 turns.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.740540

>>740537
Shorthorns lets out a grunt as its solidified in its trappings, grinning as it struggles to break free of the solid stone she cooled the magma too. "I. LOVE. These new powers." She says with a grin, the white buffalo goddess leaping across the cooled stone to bash her shield into one of its remaining legs

[1d10+6] All or Nothing (Fire, Magma, Darkness, Stunning)
[1d10+3] Mantra of Recovery
Commandment of Harmony still active for all PC's

Roll #1 9 + 6 = 15 / Roll #2 8 + 3 = 11

 No.740541

>Conjure Weapon: Bow [Flare, Ranged, Single, +1]
>Serpentskin Cloak: 2 Ichor Hits, 1 Hit
>Sparks: 4
>Sallus: 1 turn
>Inure - Ichor: 1 turn

>>740537
Pryce pulls back his blade, sheathing it as he draws more magic from the demon.
>Stealing Storm Bolt

Pryce takes his bow in his magic, stepping back from the demon. He pulls back the string, forming an arrow of fire as he lets it loose at the demon's head.
>Bow [Flare (Fire damage), DC 5] [1d10+1]
>Sallus [2d3]

>Orbital Strike hits as well now, as a lance falling from the sky to impale


Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #2 3, 2 = 5

 No.740542

>>740537
>take 6 Ichor towards self
1/6, taking 3 hits when
>take 6 Ichor towards Shei
1/6,
[taking 9 hits when helpless]
[26 Retaliate stored]
>healed after all that


Leather continues bashing, feeling the radiant energy welling within.
[1d10+2] BASH, ICE, Crit range reduced

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.740543

>>740542
>>740541
>>740538
>>740539
>>740540
All at once, you pile onto the imprisoned demon, heaping every attack in your arsenal upon it, as it bellows and thrashes and makes every attempt to get free and devour you. Blood, chitin and limbs fly as they're torn free in the gruesome melee, until at last, in a spew of light, fire, ichor and magma, the demon erupts, its body dissolving into a dark red mist of magatsuhi and ichor. Chunks of flesh and chitin drop down from above, and the walls are stained dark.

Zjetya and River fly down from above, River carrying KP on her shoulders, and Zjetya the pets. "You people are the best kind of monsters," Zjetya says.
"Anyone seriously hurt?" River asks.
"Doesn't… really look like it?" Gadriel asks. "Am I wrong, anyone?"

 No.740544

>>740543
>"Wow, you guys took them both out like it was nothing!"
KP says in amazement as they fly down.
"I can think of some better terms than monsters to describe us."
Pryce chimes, lowering his phoenix bow now that the demon is slain.

"I didn't see anypony take serious damage, the worst the demon did was spew ichor."

 No.740545

>>740543
>>740543
Shorthorns lets out a few breaths after the final series of blows to the monster is dealt, making her smile wide with pride as she looks at what all their newfound power has afforded them. She puts her Waxen Shield back on her back, and the white buffalo approaches the ponies flying down from above.

"I took a hit but, for the most part I'm okay. See?" She say, looking to everyone in the circle. "We're ready for anything that comes our way. We took down those monsters while barely breaking a sweat." With their victory secured, she starts looking for the next way forward
[1d10+1] Perception

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.740546

>>740545
The staircase downward is not far from where you stand; it spirals into the darkness below farther than you can see.

 No.740547

>>740543
"..No? I'm a little banged up." Shei-Sher strums a string on his guitar, and tunes a notch. He strums the string a couple more times. "Not as bad as I thought. Not as efficient as it could be. Still finding my stride with these new powers. Awful thankful that when it comes to the arts, there was no learning curve." He strums a chord twice.

 No.740548

>>740543

"These guys can't taste worth than the rats," Amy says excitedly as she starts eating some of the remains.

 No.740549

>>740543
"I took a fair bit of damage, but someone healed me mid combat. I was wondering why my divine retribution did not activate." Cloak responds, looking around, "I'm not sure who did it, but I appreciate it. I was a bit distracted."

 No.740550

>>740548

>Harvest of the Battlefield: Recharge 2; Spell: Bite into the body of a recently deceased target. On success, choose from one of the following effects:

>Obtain one quality of the target's body, along with any applicable Racial skill. You can then call upon any devoured quality freely, transforming your own body to reflect it.

 No.740551

>>740546
>>740548
Shorthorns looks towards the staircase as she spots it, pointing towards it for the others' sake. "Anyways, I found the way forward! Let's keep moving on."

She pauses to look at Amy as she devours the remains of the centipedes. She cringes, "Uh… you're not going to turn into a giant centipede demon too like you did with the rat, right?"

 No.740552

>>740551
>>740548
>>740547
>>740544
The others look away as Amy starts to eat the corpse of the centipede demons. After months of eating cleaned and cooked food, everything in her stomach wants to know what in the world she's thinking. But nevertheless does she eat, until her fur hardens, becoming carapace-like. Her paws retract, and individual hairs grow out, gaining mobility as they become legs. Antennae sprout from her now rounded head, and her tail splits into two. She is now a pony-sized centipede.
>+1 to evoking feelings of disgust in a foe while in this form.
The others look back, and are speechless with revulsion.

 No.740553

>>740552
>>740548
Pryce takes a step back as Amy eats and morphs into her own version of the centipede.
"Amy, just because you can do that, doesn't mean you should."

KP, who normally is excited with every new thing, shudders at Amy's new form.
>"Ewww…"

 No.740554

>>740553
>>740552
Cloak grimaces, "I hope that… benefits you in some way."

 No.740555

>>740552
>>740550
"Somewhere inside of me, my spirit is visited upon by my inner child. And I can smell them both regurgitating." Shei-Sher says stony faced as he watches the grotesque scene before him. "Somehow on the surface I feel nothing. At least use a plate and some utinsels! Being a dog doesn't you're compelled to eat scraps from the floor."

Shei-Sher begins walking down the stairs, whilst strumming his guitar idly. "Come on now.. Before she eats something else.." Shei beckons to move on.

 No.740556

>>740553
Hopper and Lockjaw try to pull away you and KP respectively, ushering you away from the gruesome feast. Meanwhile, Zjetya coerces the phoenix bow out of your hooves, plucking at the string experimentally as she admires the craftsponyship.

 No.740557

>>740552
>>740550
As Amy transforms into the new insectoid state, hard carapace forming on top of her once soft fur and antennae and multiple legs sprouting out of her, Shorthorns' eyes widen with shock, taking a step back from the new Centipony.

"That's… well, it's not as ugly as the ones we just fought, so I'll give it that. Not NEARLY as cute as Rat Amy was though."

>Moving on towards next stretch of the dungeon

 No.740558

>>740556
Pryce and KP step aside willingly as the pets are disturbed as well.
Pryce smiles as Zjetya takes the box, plucking away at the string.
"The phoenix look is pretty inspirational."

 No.740559

>>740553
>>740552
>>740557

Amy does her best to look at herself. Which is really hard since she no longer has a neck.

"I was expecting… more, honestly," Amy says, a tad disappointed. "Oh well, I can really creep someone out with this!" she says optimistically.

>>740555

"Rude!" Amy says as she scurries after Pryce on her little legs.

However, she finds it really hard to reach for a potion like this, so she quickly turns back to normal.

>Natural Remedy [1d10+4]


Roll #1 6 + 4 = 10

 No.740560

>>740559
"See! Not even you could stand that form. Admit it, it was grotesque." Shei comments on her changing back so quickly

 No.740561

>>740560

"I mean, that's a strong word. It was kinda gross, yeah. But, that doesn't mean it can't be useful! Just… not for potion drinking."

"Besides, I already said I was hoping for more!"

 No.740562

>>740561
Shei snaps his hoof "There it is. She said it was gross. Case dismissed."

 No.740563

>>740562
He strums his guitar idly. They're victory strums, but you wouldn't be able to guess that from the sound.

 No.740564

>>740562

"That doesn't prove anything!"

"Also, how did you just make that sound with your hoof!?" she asks, supremely confused.

 No.740565

>>740558
"You're really completing the samurai look with the bow and the wakizashi," Zjetya says.
"Next is a polearm weapon, like mine," River adds.

>>740554
>>740555
>>740559
>>740558
>>740557
"Can you combine the two states?" Gadriel hazards. "Take the cuteness of the rat and the grotesquerie of the centipede?"
In fact, as Amy could feel within, she very well could. Two different states could be combined at once, for holding multiple different states splits concentration.
As you head down the spiral staircase, a strange calm settles over everything. The walk is long, and no matter how far down you go, there seems to be no end of it. The constant movement in a spiral direction creates an almost trance-like meditative serenity…

…But at last, it is disrupted. River, Zjetya and Gadriel brace themselves as you can feel the earth trembling about you. Some tremors are distant, while others are quite close. The staircase remains constant, but it sounds like the earth is rearranging itself all about you. Sounds of sliding, grating, twisting and carving stone can be heard.

At last it stops, and all is calm once more, just as it began.

 No.740566

>>740565
"Guess that story left an imprint on my weapons of choice."
Pryce comments. He nods to River next.
"Next fight I'll go for that."

Pryce leads down the staircase, KP keeping close behind and between River and Zjetya. They pause as the world around them trembles, holding still to avoid tumbling down however long this staircase may be.

>>740565
>>740564
>>740563
>>740557
"Do you think that was the dungeon shifting like Easy talked about?"

 No.740567

>>740564
>>740565
>how did you just make that sound with your hoof!?"
"Magic." He snaps his hoof at you again "Next time I will have muder something more beautiful" He plays with his hair as he muses "like a peacock or a small kitten.." He continues playing with his hair in thought and his eyes land on "Zjety? Mind turning into something pretty for a moment?"

 No.740568

>>740566
"Likely."

>>740565
Shei strums his guitar during the long procession downward. He is for a while not talking, instead electing to play a mild tune while thinking. At one moment Shei slows his pace to walk beside Gadds in the back of the group.
"Can we talk?" He sounds like he has something to say.

 No.740569

>>740559
"Yeah, trust me: you are DEFINITELY succeeding in that." She shudders. "Why can't you be a cute giant bug like Wireframe or Zjetya?"

>>740565
>>740566
As they head down the spiral case, Shorthorns braces herself as the world around them starts to shake, planting her hooves as she looks around the 2D plane of their vision.

She looks to Pryce as he points out the dungeon moving around, and she nods. "Had to be. Let's keep going, we obviously can't go back now. There has to be a way to finding our way around here."

She takes out the Mirror, hoping a top-down perspective may provide clues
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.740570

>>740567
"Mirror told me about her pledge to kill you," Zjetya says without looking around. "I'd hate for her to miss out."

 No.740571

>>740568
"No," Gadriel says.

 No.740572

>>740565
"I do wonder if we'll run into some of the parties we've been split up with. Surely we'll run into one of them." Leather notes as the area shifts.

 No.740573

>>740567

"A cat!?" Amy practically barks. "Ew! Never!"

>>740565
>>740566

"I think instead of moving down, we were moving the dungeon up," Amy offers her interpretation of events.

>>740569
>>740565
>>740568

"Well, I don't know about a cute GIANT bug, buuuut," Amy contemplates out loud as she shrinks down to rat size. She has the general body shape of a rat, but the legs of a centipede and some carapace "armor" on her back.

"Check this out!" Amy giggles as she climbs up onto Shei's back and scurries around in circles with her dozens of little legs. "The legs totally make this cuter!"

 No.740574

>>740567
"Don't even think about it."
Pryce says flatly to Shei.

 No.740575

>>740569
The mirror reveals nothing but a blur. Not quite static, but more like fog or mist. It's never done that before; the cause is unknown.

>>740573
>>740572
>>740569
>>740568
>>740566
After what seemed to be an interminable spiral into the depths of the earth, the staircase at last ends. A single door is to your left; you cannot see beyond it, nor any of the other walls. Quick inspection reveals that it is neither trapped nor locked. You push the door open, and as you do, your perspective changes once more, flipping up from the side, to an overhead, top-down perspective.

"Is it going to keep–" Gadriel begins… but as he speaks, his picture appears below you in profile, in a box. His spoken words appear also as written text within the box. "Oh gods, this is getting too complicated…" he complains.

Thankfully, the text box disappears.

>Paused

 No.740576

>>740570
Shei purses his lips in a thrilled grin. A mix of terror and jubilee. "Haha a fair response.. Nobody's in the mood for any humor today it seems… Mirror isn't holding a grudge is she? I was just trying to have some banter."

>>740571
Shei grimaces "…Can I talk?.. I want to apologize. I was projecting and there are some other things I want to share. To at least explain myself as of late."

>>740573
>>740565
"No! NO! Get off! Get off!" Shei fidgets wildly and flaps his shirt, looking for the rat centipede Amy crawling all over him "Amy stop! That feels disgu-u-usting!"

 No.740577

>>740573
Shorthorns turns to stare in awe at the combined form, her attention immediately grabbed as the fusion DOES do wonders for Amy's cute factor. She steadily approaches Shei's back, getting a close up look at Centirat Amy as she turns her head, as if silently judging.

"……" she says for a moment, before raising her hoof, steadily moving it towards Amy's abdomen.
[1d10] you know what's coming

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.740578

>>740576
"Maybe when you figure out why everyone reacts to you this way, we can," Gadriel says. The words appear at the bottom of the "screen," as well. "Damn it, someone turn that off!" he protests.

 No.740579

>>740577

"Don't you poke me!" Amy suddenly shouts in a garbled tone. She opens her mouth wide and insect pincers unfold from underneath her rat fangs. She makes a bizarre hissing/rattling fusion sound at her.

[1d10+1] to scare Shoryhorns.

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.740580

>>740579
As the fangs/pincers appear from her mandibles, Shorthorns is successfully taken aback, jumping back several feet as she skids along the floor trying to run away, "AGHHMOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" She moos as she attempts to make her escape, the brave little buffalo god still holding on to a bit of the skittish cow that's at her core.

"W-what was that for?!" She shouts after she's several feet back, hiding behind PRyce's body for cover.

 No.740581

>>740576
"I wouldn't call that humor, given your track record."

 No.740582

>>740581
"Granted, I've never been very good with the jokes. I've ascended into a bad joke. Suppose I'll have to get used to annoying everyone forever."

 No.740583

>>740582
"You don't need to look at it that way Shei, just… learn what jokes work, or better timing for them. Starting with not saying you'll murder something is one place to work on."

 No.740584

>>740580

Amy has a gigglefit as Shorthorns moos in terror.

"I TOLD you not to poke me!" she says ominously.

 No.740585

>>740584
"Then you should stop turning into stuff that's so fun and cute to poke!" She shouts from behind her alicorn cover. "Not that I would right now with those pincers out, anyway!!" She says as though that isn't exactly Amy's point.

 No.740586

>>740583
"Could we?" Shei waves his hoof in a curled motion beckoning we walk in the back of the group for this conversation.

Assuming you join him in the back, he speaks at a volume you others can't hear "I'll run out of things to say either way and then I'm blathering like an idiot. And if I'm not blathering or playing my guitar very loud the noise comes back. My inhibitions are gone, maybe I should be thankful for that. I don't feel nervous at all about talking to people anymore." He sighs "A double edged sword it is though."

 No.740587

>>740586
"Noise? What noise?"

>>740580
Pryce looks back as Flaming jumps behing him from cover from Amy, chuckling as it helps lighten the mood from Shei.

 No.740588

>>740587
"When I returned from kindling. I complained about a noise and was speaking very loudly." He reminds Pryce, tired in tone. "I jammed an entire staff into my cranium and pupil took my left eye's place."

 No.740589

>>740588
Pryce reels back in shock as Shei says he jammed his staff into his skull.
"Are you adjusting to the kindling still? If it's that distracting to hear, maybe you could sing instead of ramble for the sake of it?"

 No.740590

>>740589
>"Are you adjusting to the kindling still?
"YESS…" He groans all to load. He adjusts the volume.

"Singing.. I could give it a try. But isn't that just as obnoxious. I either want to scream and thrash my body around until I can't hear it or play my guitar so LOUD.. It's so soothing now loud noises, I can't- nngghh.." Shei begins to sound frustrated.

"I elect to talk, and joke and act stupid instead because it's so much less off-putting. And there's a small thrill in people's reactions -that I'll admit, makes it so, so distracting. But I'm being taken too seriously, and all my jokes are off collar- bad in taste." He shakes his head.

 No.740591

>>740590
"It depends on the type of singing. And if you're playing music already, it wouldn't be obnoxious at all."
Pryce says to offer some help.

"Maybe find different targets for your jokes. Joke about the demons, or other things that can't take offense."

 No.740592

>>740591
"hmm.. I'll think of some songs." Shei twirls the end of his hair long his finger. Not entirely comfortable with the idea.

"Not now though. Everyone's fed up with me, and I could do that with the demons -thats good. And Amy. Amy has been very sporting.. Can I just talk to you -for now? I don't want to stay silent down this stairwell -please. I can just cite natural facts, I know all the Accorsian epics by heart." Shei insists and insists increasingly sounding crazed and desperate.

 No.740593

>>740592
"Sure. If you need to get through this, you can talk to me able whatever you want."

 No.740594

>>740593
>>740593
"Alright, In the mountains betseen Vadahara and Accorssia there lived a mountain goat.." Shei-Sher starts with a household tale known by goats and over the course of their venture down the stairwell shares other epics from Accorssia.

 No.741058

>Pryce

Yesterday, just before it was time to leave for the battle with Sir Estuary, River and Zjetya decided to take your mind off of the impending trial with a sudden detour back to Meister's Metallurgy.

The Dark Corridor closes behind you, and you now stand outside the shop. River turns to you, holding out her spear, business end pointed at you. "Wait here and don't peek inside until we're back."
"Yeah, if you turn out to be a peeper, we're never letting you live it down," Zjetya says.

The two keep their eyes on you as they back into the shop.

 No.741059

>>741058
"I'm not a peeper, don't worry."
Pryce says, waving his hoof to dissuade any suggestion of him peering in. He turns his back after they step into the shop, waiting and wondering what the big secret order could be.

 No.741060

>>741059
A few minutes later, you hear a peculiar riff on a stringed instrument from behind, followed by a tap by the cold pommel of a spear. You turn, and see Zjetya and River once more, decked head to hoof in new armor.

River's armor consists of a white long tabbard, covering all but her hooves, which are covered by white leather boots. A light blue overcoat, trimmed with white fur, covers it. At the top is a hybrid between a shawl and a leather gorget with clasps that allow it to wrap around her mouth like a doctor's facemask.

As for Zjetya, hers resembles a fiery red sundress, streaked with orange. A leather hauberk is worn underneath, and pauldrons provide extra covering for her shoulders. High boots cover her coat all the way up under her dress. In addition, Zjetya carries a fancy red lyre that she did not have before.

The two mares look down, with a bit of self-conscious anxiety, at their new dresses. "So, what's the verdict?" Zjetya eventually asks you and KP.

Lockjaw runs over to sniff them both.

 No.741061

>>741060
Pryce turns as he hears the two mares step back outside. He looks the two up and down.
"I can hardly believe it's armor. You two look amazing."
Pryce says after a moment of finding the right words. He looks down at the new red lyre Zjetya totes.
"Expanding your musical talents?"

>"Whoa, you two came up with these designs yourselves! They're so cool, and match your colors too!"

KP praises.

 No.741062

>>741061
"Yeah," Zjety says. "Wasn't too big on instruments before, but considering what we're going to be up against, I need to widen my skillset."
"Ought to get yourself something, Pryce," River says, tapping your side with her spear's pommel. "I know you're concerned about paying off that Breezie debt but your safety comes before money."

 No.741063

>>741062
"I know, but I'm lacking on money to begin with after our other expenses. After we see everypony off tomorrow, we can check if any of the Ecclesia jobs offer bits," Pryce comments, "My conjuring and the treasures I got from Regina will protect me enough until then."

"I know our singing connects to magic, but I'm curious to how a lyre functions as a weapon."
Pryce says, looking up from the lyre to both of them.
"Did she charge extra for the custom designs, or did you add extra onto the equipment?"

 No.741064

>>741063
"You'll see once I get a chance to demonstrate it," Zjetya says. "Onion offered to teach me some of his Tunesmithing techniques."
"Well, speaking of paying off expenses…" River sighs. "You do not want to see the bill we racked up. We'll be working for Meister awhile yet. But we've informed her of our adventures, our ties to Ecclesia, and our somewhat nomadic existence, and she's agreed to work around that. She'll be sticking us with delivery and marketing jobs for the most part."

 No.741065

>>741064
"Keeping it a surprise? It must be something amazing in that case."
When River says he wouldn't want to see the bill, Pryce frowns.
"Delivery is simple enough, but marketing might be a bit inconvenient if she wants you running fliers around. I'll see if we can pick up extra jobs along the way. Or maybe a show will help with the marketing and get some extra bits too…"

 No.741066

>>741065
"Yeah, I was about to say," Zjetya laughs. "If you think marketing's gonna be hard between all our skills, you need to invest in some imagination."
"Well," River adds. "…If there's nothing else to be done, we ought to get to it, right? You'll have to face this battle sooner or later…"

 No.741067

>>741066
"Let's hope Meister can keep up with all the business we'll get her then."
Pryce says. He looks to River, and nods.
"It's been on my mind for a long time now. Let's not delay the inevitable any further."

 No.741068

>>741067
River and Zjetya both kiss you on the cheek, and then River calls a Dark Corridor, bound for your destiny.

 No.741079

On a solitary night among the last gentle Evenings Shei would know before crossing into Tartarus. Shei-Sher endures a lengthy exertion with the Anathema Scripture.

Examination wrings the sleep from his eyes, Shei-Sher conjures exterior ideas to tenably interpret the schizophrenia from magic, theory from madness, scrawled upon these brittle pages.

What is the result of leaving the Tartarian door open, is the focal point. What may be the ramifications of leaving it slightly ajar. What can be expected once it's flung open. But most of all Shei wants to know if a portal can be feasibly sustained from before the door ending beyond the door. A portal from the overworld to the breaches of tartarus.

[1d10+1] Weekly BIG LORE roll

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.741080


 No.741226

>>741079
There is surprisingly little within the esoteric text on the notion of leaving the Great Seal open – the author seemed to have little interest in expounding upon it, finding even that to be an unthinkable idea. You find passing references to a series of "Great Exoduses," in which the successors to the Sons of God, the Bene Elohim, failed to stem the flood of demons that assaulted the Great Seal at the moment of its opening. However, after a time, the records of the Bene Elohim entering and exiting Tartarus stop listing such Exoduses, whether successful or failed. This contrasts earlier passages, where even failed Exoduses were noted in detail. If this is to be taken at face value, it suggests that demons stopped trying to escape Tartarus. However, it does not explain why.

As for the notion of portals, you stumble upon a passage with troubling connotations. The text suggests that teleportation spells and enchantments are vastly limited by Tartarus' ever-changing, near-subjective nature. Teleportation is limited to a short radius, and attempting to travel beyond that results in failure – if you're lucky. However, there seem to have been experiments in different forms of teleportation, described as (literally translated) a "frozen stream" method. You can roll knowledge of different teleportation methodologies to figure out what that might be.

 No.741433

Last time, on HolyQuest…

A brief and explosive battle followed as the party confronted the twin guardian centipedes, testing out quite a many of their new abilities and powers in action. Through their victory they obtained the right to move on, descending a far deeper stairwell than any they had encountered so far.

Halfway down the stairwell, they felt rumblings in the earth, both near and far, that sounded like great slabs of earth sliding about and configuring around one another. None affected their passage into the next layer of the dungeon, however – this must have been the "randomization" phenomenon that Easy and her troupe of guards encountered during their failed dive.

 No.741434

>Shorthorned
The mirror reveals nothing but a blur. Not quite static, but more like fog or mist. It's never done that before; the cause is unknown.

>Everyone

After what seemed to be an interminable spiral into the depths of the earth, the staircase at last ends. A single door is to your left; you cannot see beyond it, nor any of the other walls. Quick inspection reveals that it is neither trapped nor locked. You push the door open, and as you do, your perspective changes once more, flipping up from the side, to an overhead, top-down perspective.

"Is it going to keep–" Gadriel begins… but as he speaks, his picture appears below you in profile, in a box. His spoken words appear also as written text within the box. "Oh gods, this is getting too complicated…" he complains.

Thankfully, the text box disappears.

 No.741435

https://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM
>Conjure Weapon: Bow [Flare, Ranged, Single, +1]

>>741434
As the perspective flips to show them from above, Pryce looks around at their new surroundings.
"At least we can see more around us this way… Though our words appearing is a bit distracting."
He comments.
>"I think it's neat! Nopony can sneak up on us this way!"

 No.741436

>>741435
"What if multiple people start talking at once?" Gadriel asks. "Someone try to interrup–"
"Interrupt you?" Zjetya asks. As she speaks, her text box manifests atop Gadriel's, blocking out the rest of his sentence. "That's just rude, I would nev–"
"We're going to need some kind of 'talking stick' rule," River grumbles, her words blocking out Zjetya's.

 No.741437

>>741434
Leather waits for an opportune moment to speak, "These changes to perception fortunately don't seem have affected my accuracy, despite not being able to 'see' down my sights. It is a distraction, but at least mostly cosmetic." He notes how many textboxes his long-winded style of speech tends to take, "I guess I'll stick to being strong and silent."

Not to let the changes distract him further, Leather Cloak investigates the new room they're in.
[1d10] perception

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.741438

>>741437
The room is generally similar in its masonry to those of the floor above; same style of cut, and same type of stone – deep gray, orderly, and ancient. But there is a heavier atmosphere to this room that distinguishes it from the others; you feel as though you are not just being watched here, but judged by unknown onlookers. The more you focus upon them, the more their mingling gazes scrutinize you, weaving in and out in an unsettling mosaic.

There are five heavy steel doors in this room – one on the North, East and West walls, and two in the South; the first of these, in the Southwest corner, is the door you exited from, and leads back to the spiral staircase. The second is in the center of the South wall.

 No.741439

>>741436
"Hopefully we can be mature enough to not interrupt others with this situation."
KP nods in agreement, not speaking as to not block his older self's words.

 No.741440

>>741439
"We should follow Vortigern's example," Zjetya says. "Be expressive, not chatty."
River opens her mouth to concur, but thinks better of it, and nods instead.

 No.741441

>>741434
As the mirror only reveals static, Shorthorns frowns, looking over the mirror as she turns it to the side trying to get a clearer picture. "Huh… nothing… that's weird. I wonder if the place moving around blocks it? Maybe it's not done shifting yet…"

As they reach the end of the stair-case, and see how the perspective flips yet again, Shorthorns eyes open wide as their perspective changes again.

"OH! It's just like the mirror! We're looking at us from above now-" as a dialogue box presumably pops up for her as well, she turns her head. "Huh? Anyone else see a box with letters in it? What's it say?"

 No.741442

>>741441
You see that the Mirror is now back to functioning normally; there must have been something about the nature of the stairwell that was interfering with its capacity to map your surroundings. If this proves to be true, then perhaps the great Layers of this dungeon are divided by some kind of strange interstitial space.
"It's writing down whatever we say," Gadriel says. "So be concise in your speech while we're here."

 No.741443

>>741438
Cloak begins to investigate the doors for traps or noises beyond one at a time, starting at the other southern door.
[1d10] perception

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.741444

>>741443
You're not sure if there are any traps upon it, but given how the doors in the region above were trapped, perhaps it's wise not to take chances…

 No.741445

>>741442
"Oooooh… huh, so that's how it's spelt." She says, commenting on seeing all the equish spelt out before her. "You know, this would be GREAT for teaching me and Amy how to read."

As she looks down at the mirror and finds its functioning again, she beams, "Oh, alright! It's back, let's see…" she looks into it, hoping to see more of this top-down dungeon from above, clues on which direction yields what

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.741446

>>741440
Pryce nods in agreement. He turns, seeing Leather begin to investigate the doors. He starts at the other end, walking to the north door, horn glowing as he goes the precautious route first to remove any magic that might be there.
>Unweaving [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.741447

File: 1592963237232.png (18.95 KB, 422x178, download.png)

>>741444
Turning back to the group, Leather rubs his chin, waiting again for a lull in conversation, "Anyone have chalk or something similar? Would let us mark our findings near doors without hogging the text box."

Leather checks the westernmost door next.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.741448

File: 1592963400942.png (10.17 KB, 910x82, box1.png)


 No.741449

>>741434
"I-Is there a mute button on this thing?" In a flash of inspiration Shei-Sher uses his extra sensory senses to search for a mute function to their transdimensional console game, thinking it might solve his tinnitus.

"I don't like.. No better way to make a guy self-conscious than to have him read what he speaks."

 No.741450

>>741449
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.741451

File: 1592963819790.png (13.73 KB, 896x82, download.png)


 No.741452

>>741451
>>741447
>>741442
Shei adjourns Leather Cloak from his investigation to invite you inside his cape where among the marble and felt interior you find a bag of chalks for ritual circle casting. "Be my guest."

 No.741453

>>741445
The surrounding region, as far as you are able to see with the range of the Monstrance, consists of a series of rooms arranged in the shape of a dagger, or perhaps a cross. To the East, West and South, three long paths branch, and seem to be devoid of enemies, as far as you can tell. You try to search North as well, but you only get so far before the Monstrance stops. It won't move beyond the halfway point of the room to the north, which is a long hall that is divided in two by a massive stone wall. Three indentations can be seen in the wall's face.

>>741446
You loosen the magic upon the door; it manifests as a seal composed of pink and red glowing strands. The strands unwind themselves, floating freely in the air as if they were underwater. You can tell that they seem to be some kind of energy-sapping effect.

>>741447
You do not sense any magical essence upon the door, nor any kind of obvious trap mechanisms that you would be able to trigger from this end. You hazard a test of its handle, but find it locked.

>>741449
>>741450
You sense that there is indeed a controlling force, similar to a chaos egregore, presiding over this region. But it can be likened to a light upon the horizon, the faint glow where boundaries blend into one another. It is out of your reach, beyond your control.

>>741450
>>741448
>>741447
>>741446
As Pryce and Cloak manage to open up access to the Southern and Western paths, you're suddenly awash with two waves of unsettling atmosphere. The first, coming from below, is the atmosphere that Cloak sensed earlier, the miasma of gravity and judgment from unknown unlookers. It rises up about you like a sudden swelling of the tide, though it is invisible and intangible.

https://youtu.be/TR3NNyixNew

The second of these, however, is far more concentrated, and far nearer; it comes from Amy, in the form of a deep red and black mist that surges from her in concentrated currents. Her head is bowed, scraping nearly to the ground, eyes and mouth screwed up in pain as she paws at her head. River and Zjetya take tentative steps toward her, but Amy unleashes an inhuman snarl, sweeping a paw in their direction. Her eyes wrench open, and they are devoid of their ordinary color, instead exuding nothing but pus-colored beams of ghastly luminescence.

 No.741454

>>741453
Shorthorns studies the Monstrance for a bit, looking down at the three branches, but is distracted as her hairs stand on end from the evil presence emanating nearby. Firstly from the southern door opened up, but then (much more concerningly) her friend.

She looks towards Amy with concern as she starts scratching at her head, and approaches her. "Amy?! Amy, what's going on?" She says, shivering as she feels the evil presence emanating from her. "It's just like Regina's library… Amy, listen to me, follow the sound of my voice. Can you hear me?"

She says, trying to appeal to the wolf-girl
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.741455

>>741453
With the north door disarmed, Pryce steps to the east door, horn glowing as he attempts to remove any possible magic there too.
>Unweaving [1d10]

He turns as Amy lets out her snarl, concern over her pained expression.
"Amy?"
Acting quickly, his horn casts a soothing white glow over her, unsure if this is an effect of the dungeon or from her rampant eating of all the vermin they've come across in it.
>Mantra of Purity [1d10]
>Recharge 1; Instant; Breaks all (if any) status effects on the target and makes them immune to status effects for three turns.

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.741456

>>741452
Leather hesitates to enter, but obliges. "Just mark off doors with them if you know for sure they're safe of trapped." He says after leaving with a piece of chalk.
>>741453
>>741451
Before he can go to the door to draw an image of a lock, however, he sees the current commition. He walks on small pillars of light to see if he can raise himself above the invisible miasma. "Oh, I do believe we'll have to continue that later, Amy seems possessed." He attempts to remedy the situation with a prayer to the gods.

>siba: Passive/Auto-Instant; As an Auto-Instant action, you are able to jump between any of the different ranges in combat, except for Burrowed (ie, can move from Far (player) to Far (enemy), from Melee to Aerial, etc). As a Passive, this ability also enables you to jump multiple times in the air by solidifying light beneath your hooves and kicking off of it. If you can already fly, you can use this to gain +2 to dodge and other movement-focused rolls while flying. If used to evade an attack, make a roll. The DC for success is (Attack Roll -1). On failure, critical or regular, you take half-damage.

instant auto to move to flying

>Spellbreaker: recharge 2, ranged; Nullify a spell or magic effect

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.741457

File: 1592964841218.png (23.89 KB, 376x293, download.png)


 No.741458

>>741453
>>741454
"Let me know if you start feeling those creepy crawlies again. Amy's comforting magatsuchi may have turned off so to speak."

Shei-Sher ambles over to Amy while playing a song hoping it can comfort her soul.
>https://youtu.be/LKM3iLzvVKE?t=2033

Shepherd's Tone: one effect per 6 turns, stackable, negates resistances; Divinity transposed through rock and roll. Play a song that invokes profoundly visceral effects upon all your enemies or allies on the field to either alter their behavior or status condition. When using this ability describe the effect and purpose and whether it is for allies or enemies. Based on the description of the effect and purpose the DM may attach any status conditions at his discretion. Player may describe environmental effects on planes where the environment is nebulous i.e. dreams, astral plane, chaotic planes, etc. This ability automatically succeeds upon feared targets and a successful roll will amplify the effect. Can be rolled continuously to compound effects, but can only be used for one effect every 6 turns. Any Status conditions remaining dispells after 6 turns. If the effected party surrenders due to this ability the behavioral condition is more permanent.
[1d10+1] to evoke visceral feeling sof comfort, and lull amy into a comforted stupour

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.741459

>>741458
>>741457
>>741456
>>741455
>>741454
Amy, suddenly devolving into little more than a rabid hound, snarls and howls at the party, her head twitching and thrashing as though a storm were tearing its way through her body.

"It's Magatsuhi!" Gadriel shouts. "Get to cover!"

Amy half-leaps, half-flings herself through the air, her body scrambling about in its horrid ecstasies even in mid-air. She lands upon Pryce and claws at his chest, then kicks off from him and slashes at Leather. In both cases, Leather's protective blessings deaden some of the injuries you take, but Pryce is still left with gash wounds upon his side.

>Pryce loses 5 Hits, Leather loses 0


In the midst of Amy's manic throes, a text box appears, shivering as much as she does at the bottom of the "screen." Her snarls are replicated in the text box, but it's there that you can see glimpses of speech, written among the snarls. Only two phrases are intelligible – "Get back," and "Run."

Amy opens her maw, and dark energy collates in her maw, charging up to fire at you, but at the last moment, Shei's music at last reaches her. She pauses for a moment, seemingly coming back to her senses… but the moment of clarity is just that, and all too brief. She twists her neck up, and fires her blast at the ceiling, knocking loose stone and dirt over Zjetya and River, who dive to cover KP and the pets with their bodies.

Suddenly, the bricks in the Southeastern corner of the room shudder, and part ways, but instead of revealing an earthen tunnel or even a hidden passage, there is naught but a pitch-black void, similar to the umbra of the Dark Corridor. Amy howls and sprints down the path, and as she passes through, the bricks slide back into place.

As she vanishes, that feeling of dread malevolence brought about by her surges of Magatsuhi still cling to you, and the feeling can be likened to a low, but dreadful and sticky heat all over your skin.

 No.741460

>>741459
Without skipping a beat Shei-Sher runs toward the door Amy vanishes into. His body phases intangibly to prepare it's to slip beyond the brick wall that has closed on the gap.

>Jhana of Malleable Flesh: Spell, Recharge 2(minus 1): You can escape from any physical binding or grapple by moving yourself freely through space in a radius of three meters in any direction. During this time, you are considered intangible for the purposes of moving through physical obstructions, unless said obstruction is larger than your three meter radius. This ability naturally has DC - 2 and stacks with other bonuses.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.741461

>>741460
After you pass through the brick, you find yourself floating in an ocean of solid earth, though you can see through it to a limited extent, just as someone who is underwater can see through the water with some difficulty. Neither Amy nor the dark void are anywhere to be seen. All you can see about you is the endless earth into which the dungeon is built, and the outside boundaries of the dungeon itself.

 No.741462

>>741459
>Damage halved from Serpentskin Cloak

Pryce falls back as Amy tackles him down and slashes at him. He rights himself, horn glowing to intercept her spell until she redirects it and flees through the wall.
"She went feral from Magatsuhi that quickly?"
Pryce questions, horn glowing white as he heals the sting from her claws.
>Prayer for Deliverance [1d10+1]
>Instant; Recharge 2; Restore the target’s Hits to full, and give them +1 extra temporary Hit until the end of combat.

He uses his magic to move away the stone and dust Zjetya, River, KP, and the pets off.
"Are you all alright?"
>"A-A little spooked, but I'm fine."

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.741463

>>741461
Shei-Sher holds his breathe as he focuses on holding his intangible form.
[1d10+1] holding Intangible form.

He continues playing his song knowing his song reached Amy. He searches for a ping from her soul for which direction to go.
>PHASE AURA: Your body sheds light in a small radius of 5 meters, in a color you choose when you learn this skill. All creatures in this range cannot turn invisible or become hidden, creatures already hidden or invisible are made clear, and incorporeal beings and lingering magical effects and wards manifest a visible shape. Effect persists roll minus five turns (six lasts one, seven lasts two, etc.)
[1d10+1] to find the dark tunnel Amy went through.

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.741464

>>741459
>>741458
Shorthorns turns to look at Amy not with terror, but sheer worry as she starts to lose all control of herself. She is about to make a move after she attacks Pryce and Leather, but as Shei's song starts to soothe her, she takes a breath, shaking her head as she commands her to run.

"No way, I'm not running away! Not from you. Amy, it's alright, we're strong enough to help you now…"

She shudders as she feels the energy in her mouth gather and eventually blow out the ceiling, and as she turns to see her run for the brick walls, she shouts, "NO!" Before giving chase. She sees the walls gathered before her, but she snorts and presses onwards, her horns glowing with divine might as she wills the stone to part
[1d10] Using Dark Sphere to manipulate the stone walls of the dungeon, forcing them aside

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.741465

File: 1592966569073.png (11.17 KB, 352x146, download (1).png)

>>741459
“Fel magics at work, we should try and leave this room soon enough.” Leather notes, getting back to testing the doors.

[1d10] perception on East while others are searching the wall.

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.741466

>>741462
You restore your minor injuries.

"It's called the Devil's Instincts," Gadriel says. "All demons are subject to it… when they're confronted by a power that far outstrips their own, their minds overflow, failing all conscious thought. All they can do is fight, flee, or obey. I've enough of an angel's and mortal's soul that, although I felt a presence deep below us, I held onto my sanity."

River and Zjetya emerge from the rubble, covered with small cuts and bruises. The pets and KP are unharmed. "What about Busta?" Zjetya asks. "And Volkama and Deriva?"
"…Probably losing their minds just the same as Amy did," Gadriel says nervously.

>>741463
You can sense a trace of her soul's magical signature, trailing almost directly downward, deep, deep into the earth, far deeper than you can see. You cannot tell what lies down there, and what lingers of Amy's soul offers no clue.

>>741464
>>741463
Shei, unable to maintain his intangibility for much longer, rubber-bands out of the wall, crashing into Shorthorned.

>>741465
You note a curious mechanism on the inner edge of the handle upon the Eastern door, almost resembling the trigger of a gun. A crudely simple, but classic trap, no doubt.

 No.741467

>>741466
>>741463
As Shei bounces off the wall and right into Shorthorns, Shorthorns grunts and tosses him aside, "AGH! Shei, what are you doing?! We gotta help Amy!" She says frantically, getting up and taking another charge at the brick wall.

"MOVE, you stupid wall, SHOW ME WHERE YOU TOOK HER!"
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.741468

>>741467
You make a deep crater-like impact in the wall, but are hit with a shower of stone and dirt for your trouble. Still more bricks fall from above, pelting and dirtying you. You feel Spark, screeching with annoyance, scramble down the neckline of your tunic into your bag just before the moment of impact.

>Shorthorned 6/8

 No.741469

>>741466
Leather chalks the an "X" next to the door as well as drawing an arrow next to the wall where the trigger is. Given that the threat of Amy is gone, he moves back to draw a lock symbol next to the Western door as well.

He returns to the south door to give it another look.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.741470

>>741469
You can see the red and pink strands of the magical seal upon the door, floating, unbound, like a broken seam in an old and frayed garment. Pryce seems to have undone whatever magical trap was here waiting for you.

 No.741471

>>741466
>>741467
Shei-Sher lays on Flaming unceremoniously, his disheveled hair covers his eyes. His moment of thought is disturbed when Flaming throws him to the side.

"Is it a fetish for game-masters?! I am fed up with this propensity for witches and warlocks stealing my lover. Confounded bastards." He curses to himself as he dusts himself off and brushes his hair with a hoof.

"Flaming, would you stop! It's no use, she's down. Way down. I saw where she is. Further then the eye can see. Our best chance of seeing her again is to continue our descent."

He flourishes his cape as he leaves Flaming to proceed.

>>741466
>>741469
Shei-Sher kicks open the discharged door to the southern path.
"Let's gooo!"

 No.741472

>>741471
>>741470
Leather shrugs, beckoning for the rest of the group before stepping on air behind Shei.

 No.741473

>>741468
>>741471
Shorthorns grunts as she looks at the small crater she created, looking to Spark next as he scuttles away into her bag as she gives him an apologetic look. "Oh no! I'm sorry, Spark, I-I wasn't thinking. Are you okay?" She asks as she sticks her hoof in the bag to scratch his head.

As Shei gets up after being thrown aside, Shorthorns snarls, "I'm getting pretty sick of it too! What has Amy ever done to any of them!?"

As he points out the uselessness, she growls, following behind him to the southern path. "Fine. If the only way to get her is to go down, then let's hurry! This is bad… do you know any way to make her less vulnerable to this, Shei?! We *cannot* have this happen while we're in Tartarus!"

 No.741474

>>741473
Spark glares up at you. He is unharmed, but definitely angry. He nips your hoof as you reach in to scratch him, but when you pull your hoof away, he bites you again, gentler this time, and pulls you back, compelling you to scratch some more.

>>741471
>>741472
>>741473
Beyond that door lies a relatively simple room, at first glance. It is a long hall, relatively unadorned, save for rows of statues of bronze dragons' busts along the walls. At the other end of the room, you see no door, but rather a final dragon's bust, this one a brilliant shade of silver, at the end of the room. However, once you all enter the room, you feel the earth shuddering behind you. A thin stone wall rises up behind you, sealing off the room. After the wall, a panel in the floor slides away, and another dragon bust, this one the color of gold, rises up, right in front of where the door once was. It is perfectly across from where the silver dragon bust stands.

River and Zjetya, confused by the setup, look about, but don't stray far from the group. Gadriel tries to get a closer look at the bronze statues…

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.741475

>>741473
>>741466
"I could leave a seal on her, and when her spirit is coaxed by the magatsuchi you could give me a ring on the caller conch. But that's what we could do if we weren't in Tartarus. I cannot let myself be made aware of something that will bear on my conscious like that. It'll lead my band astray within the subjective landscape. That goes for everyone, when in danger you will do more harm calling for help. Not that we could do anything. The nature of Tartarus behaves erratically in the midst of large parties. I will let you all know when I have reached a safe haven -and when you are in an emergency or need respite you should remember that a dark corridor can be opened to my cape."

 No.741476

>>741474
Leather gives the statues, namely the bronze ones, a once over while trying to avoid contact, seeing if there are any grooves or holes that would indicate they fire any projectiles or spew gas if a trap goes off.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.741477

>>741466
"Is it Tartarus? Or, is there a demon lying below this maze?"
He asks Gadriel.

Pryce helps River and Zjetya up, and KP and the pets from the rubble. His horn sends out a pulse of white to freshen them up after the scrape.
>Commandment of Balance [Auto]
>Twice per combat; Automatic; Brings up all Helpless allies, cures all status conditions on the party, and restores full hits and 3 Wounds to each.

>>741474
Pryce follows the others into the hall, looking to each bust as they pass, expecting a trap. He stops at the final silver dragon, looking it up until the room is sealed off. He turns, seeing the gold one rise up across from the silver. He looks between the two, assuming there's a puzzle they need to complete to continue on. He undoes his serpent skin cloak, levitating it up with his telekinesis in front of the silver dragon to keep the two from 'seeing' each other.

 No.741478

>>741474
"What's the cliche here gang. The dungeon is old, the less contemporary a cell the less imaginative -I find. My bits are on something to cause the dragon busts to fill the room with miasma."

Shei-Sher ganders at the dragon busts
[1d10+1] appraising each one

If needed here's a spell bleed
>spell bleed for 3 targets a single bronze bust, the silver bust, and golden bust.

Shei-Sher periodically exudes his aura to illuminate certain features of the corridor
>PHASE AURA: Your body sheds light in a small radius of 5 meters, in a color you choose when you learn this skill. All creatures in this range cannot turn invisible or become hidden, creatures already hidden or invisible are made clear, and incorporeal beings and lingering magical effects and wards manifest a visible shape. Effect persists roll minus five turns (six lasts one, seven lasts two, etc.)
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7

 No.741479

>>741474
Shorthorns lets out a little sigh as he pulls her hoof back to him, scratching his head slowly and methodically to calm him down as she appeases the angry dragon. "I'm really sorry again, Spark. I was just acting reckless."

>>741474
As she enters the long hall, and sees the wall rise up behind them, and the golden dragon on display.

"Huh… this seems familiar. Do you all remember the statues we had to deal with in the Temple of Slipper? With gold and silver statues that faced opposite of each other?"

She moves towards the golden one, it being closest, hoping to get a closer look as well
[1d10] Inspect

>>741475
"Shoot, that's right… if we're worrying about each other, Tartarus will completely shift us around and we'll just get lost. We can't lose our focus once we enter even for a moment… that's going to be really hard when we're all worrying about each other. If you're the only one who can do that, maybe Amy should be with you at all times just to be safe."

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.741480

>>741479
"As much as I like to talk now, you should really listen. If I have Amy with me then I'll become her weakness. And she will become mine. And I'd rather not use mind-control to keep a group together. Hell! Maybe it's a good thing Gadds' decided to split from me. His demon side gets the better of him more often than not. We'd both do better without eachother's presence."

 No.741481

>>741479
After a few minutes of appeasement, Spark affectionately blows warm smoke onto your hoof.

>>741477
You heal everyone, and River and Zjetya nod their thanks to you.

>>741479
>>741478
>>741476
>>741477
Each of the dragons, bronze, silver and gold, all have hollow mouths and throats, and you can sense faint magic residue coming from the mouths. Cloak particularly notices that the bronze dragons are not even, forever hexing any dungeoneers with inclinations toward the obsessive or compulsive. Each one is positioned at a subtle angle, anywhere from 100 to 80 degrees. No two are positioned in the same way.

Shorthorned and Pryce, having gone to inspect the golden and silver dragons in particular, both notice something two unique qualities to them. The first quality: The silver and golden dragons, unlike the bronze ones, have a ridge atop their heads that can be pushed in, similar to a button. Additionally, the silver and golden dragons both have three clear gemstones running down their necks.

Gadriel inspects the bronze ones, growing more bold once it's clear that there's no immediate trap to the statues. "These are pretty sturdy… no traces of any poison, far as I can tell…"

He squints and leans into the wall, and runs his claw along a dark spot between two bronze dragons. "…Is this a burn mark?"

Indeed, it certainly looks like one.

 No.741482

>>741481
Note: There are ten bronze statues in total, and they, along with the golden and silver ones, are at your eye-level.

 No.741483

>>741481
"I wonder if this puzzle involves light, given how the metal may be reflective. The angular nature of of the statues makes believe so anyways." Leather wonders, "It would explain the burnmark too, if it's a solid pillar of light."

 No.741484

>>741480
"…shoot." She says, realizing Shei's meaning now. "Then, do you think I shouldn't be with her either? I mean, I know I'm not quite the same as you and her but, we're still sisters too."

>>741481
"Hmmmm…" Shorthorns says as she notices that the golden statue has a ridge that can be depressed. She turns towards the others, shouting, "Hey! This one has a button. I'm going to give it a try, you guys be ready in case something crazy happens, alright?"

 No.741485

>>741481
>>741483
>>741484
Pryce puts his cloak back on, noting the button and the gemstones.
"If we're to reflect, the source must be the gold and silver dragons. I don't see any large enough light source in here that could cause a burn, and they both have a button."
When Flaming announces she's going to press it, Pryce steps away from the silver dragon to River, Zjetya, and KP, ready to protect if anything happens.

 No.741486

>>741484
>>741483
>>741485
When Flaming clicks the button on the golden dragon, its eyes, which are also comprised of clear gemstones, begin to glow with a silver light. However, nothing more happens after that.

 No.741487

>>741483
"Huh… its eyes glowed but, nothing else." She looks towards the Silver dragon, raising a hoof, "Was there another button on that one? Maybe we have to click them at the same time."

 No.741488

>>741487
"Silver on it's own first, then we can try both at once." Leather takes the position on the other dragon, testing it once before synching with Flaming and doing it again.

 No.741489

>>741488
>>741487
"A silver light… I wonder if they aren't supposed to face each other."
At Flaming's suggestion, Pryce turns back, and pressed the ridge on the silver dragon to see what happens.

 No.741490

>>741484
Shei-Sher realizes he was a bit hasty with how he spoke "That isn't for me to say. We still need her alive. I think you should stick with her to ensure Amy survives. You know how impulsive I can be. Better it's you."

>>741486
>>741485
"Maybe we need to clear the way for the dragons to see eye to eye."

 No.741491

>>741488
>>741487
>>741485
>>741490
The golden dragon's eyes fade after a few seconds. You press the silver dragon's button, and its eyes glow golden for a few seconds, and then fade. Zjetya, River and Gadriel brace themselves as they wait for you to press the two buttons at once, just as Cloak suggested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvUdycDqidw

As the golden and silver dragons' eyes light up, so too do the bronze dragons' eyes, theirs turning a deep and fiery shade of red. You can hear a sudden swelling sound, almost like an engine of some kind roaring to life, somewhere deep below you. The bronze dragons subtly start to shiver, faint trails of smoke coming up from the odd gap in their metalwork.

Your concentration is broken as, without warning, the bronze dragon in the northeastern corner spews a highly-concentrated orb of light, flame and magic from its maw. Fast as a bullet, the orb flies into the mouth of another dragon on the western side, and disappears down its throat.

Another orb – or, perhaps, the same orb – spews forth, this time from the mouth of a bronze dragon further south along the western side, and flies into the mouth of another dragon on the eastern side, disappearing down its throat.

Zjetya, River and Gadriel step back as the orbs richochet about in a bizarre game of catch. Each time the orb or orbs (you cannot tell which it is) passes by, you feel a savage stream of heat follow in its wake. That's not something you want to take on the chin.

>Paused

 No.741552

>>741491
Shei opens a dark corridor in front of the center bronze dragon and has the corridor lead out infront of the Silver Dragon's maw. In attempt to lead the burning orb inside the Silver dragon's throat

[1d10+1] dark corridor

Shei then lays down on the floor to ensure he doesn't get hit by an orb. He plays a lackadaisical tune while he waits for an orb to pass through his dark corridor.

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.741553

>>741552
>>741491
"I'm having an awful time with depth perception right now. If anyone thinks laying down would increase the odds of being hit, I'm open to the criticism."

 No.741802

Last time, on HolyQuest…

For this Layer of the dungeon, it seemed that the gimmick was a top-down view of things. And, for some reason, each time someone spoke, their words would appear in a text box at the bottom of their view, complete with a portrait of the character's face. Considering that the text box took up a significant portion of their view, about 30% of it, it would be prudent not to speak unless necessary. In addition, every time someone else spoke, their words would appear over the previous speaker's text box, adding a whole new layer of difficulty to interruptions.

As they puzzled over where to go first, Amy began to break down, suddenly acting far more bestial and feral without any prior warning. The party's intervention managed to bring her back close enough to her senses to avoid attacking the party, but she nonetheless ran off into a portal that appeared all-too-conveniently, as if on cue from some unseen master of the dungeon.

Now down an ally, the party resolved to go south, and encountered the first of this area's puzzles…

 No.741803

>Everyone, see follow-up response to Shei below

The golden dragon's eyes fade after a few seconds. You press the silver dragon's button, and its eyes glow golden for a few seconds, and then fade. Zjetya, River and Gadriel brace themselves as they wait for you to press the two buttons at once, just as Cloak suggested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvUdycDqidw

As the golden and silver dragons' eyes light up, so too do the bronze dragons' eyes, theirs turning a deep and fiery shade of red. You can hear a sudden swelling sound, almost like an engine of some kind roaring to life, somewhere deep below you. The bronze dragons subtly start to shiver, faint trails of smoke coming up from the odd gap in their metalwork.

Your concentration is broken as, without warning, the bronze dragon in the northeastern corner spews a highly-concentrated orb of light, flame and magic from its maw. Fast as a bullet, the orb flies into the mouth of another dragon on the western side, and disappears down its throat.

Another orb – or, perhaps, the same orb – spews forth, this time from the mouth of a bronze dragon further south along the western side, and flies into the mouth of another dragon on the eastern side, disappearing down its throat.

Zjetya, River and Gadriel step back as the orbs richochet about in a bizarre game of catch. Each time the orb or orbs (you cannot tell which it is) passes by, you feel a savage stream of heat follow in its wake. That's not something you want to take on the chin.

>>741552
>>741553
>>741552
You miscalculate the directional placement of the Dark Corridor, and the orb goes haywire, leaving its course, and bounces off the wall a few times in errant directions, Zjetya, River and Gadriel dive to the ground to avoid being hit. After three bounces off of the stone walls, the fire orb explodes in a small radius, vanishing afterward.

 No.741804

https://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM
>Conjure Weapon: Bow [Flare, Ranged, Single, +1]

>>741803
KP drops to the ground when Shei's corridor throws the orb off track, bouncing it wildly around the room. Pryce spreads his wing, shielding his entourage from the flaming sphere until it explodes against the wall.
"Ok… Trying to redirect it is a dangerous task. Did anypony see the pattern it flew at? It looks like we'll need to angle the bronze dragons in some way. Or, we could try to slow the orb before it flies out and control it then."

 No.741805

>>741804
You notice that all the dragons' eyes go dark once more, and the frills that you pressed inward now raise up, resetting to their default positions.

 No.741806

File: 1593565165028.png (11.87 KB, 635x646, what the unholy fuck is th….png)


 No.741807

>>741806
From what you saw of the orb's trajectory, it exited from 6 and went into 3. Then, either the same orb, or a second orb, came out from 4, and was headed for 7, before Shei conjured his Dark Corridor and threw it off-course.

 No.741808

>>741803
As the dragons' eyes light up, Shorthorns looks on with intrigue as the sounds of whatever mechanisms are at work start to come to life, but then shoots down to the ground and springs up her shield as the ball of light starts to shoot from the bronze dragon, lancing out towards its adjacent statue across the way as Shorthorns tries to keep track of its movements.

"Where's it going?!" She shouts, trying to visually follow the ball without approaching it too closely, as she feels the searing het coming from it.

As Shei aims and misfires the ball of light, she jumps and dives around to avoid being hit by the ball before it explodes against the wall, shooting Shei a wary look.

>>741804
>>741803
"Slowing the orb would be a good idea. I don't think any of my powers cover 'Time' manipulation though, how about you?"

She looks at the array of statues, testing moving the copper ones to see what arc they will turn. "I think our best bet is to make sure it comes out of the one closest to either the silver or the gold statue (1, 6, 5, or 10), and make sure it goes into one of them."

 No.741809

>>741808
"I could try to slow it with my telekinesis, if it truly is just fire."

>>741807
>>741808
"Let's try firing another orb, see if it starts from the same statue, and far it goes without interruption."

 No.741810

File: 1593567045871.png (14.92 KB, 635x646, diagram update 1.png)


 No.741811

>>741803
>>741808
Leather joins in, seeing if the Silver or Gold dragons move as well. "Should test for any variables we can change before working one at a time."

>>741804
"Hypomone may have gifted me with some abilities that could help if it were a living enemy, but an inanimate object cannot be patient or impatient." Leather responds, sighing.

 No.741812

>>741809
>>741808
"Maybe anyone who's not playing a role in the test here can sit outside," Zjetya says. "Just in case this thing hits as hard as it looks like it does."
"I concur," River says. "Mayhap a guard should stay with us in case we are assailed on that side."

>>741811
>>741809
>>741808
None of the dragons seem designed to be able to move. Perhaps with force, magic or godly powers, one may be able to manipulate their design, but they're securely built and planted where they are.

 No.741814

>>741812
Leather rubs his chin, "It seems a little obvious, but do you mind if we test if it fires the same way every time?" Leather asks to the others, setting himself up at the Silver dragon again, "Just experimentation, we seem to be safe as long as we're out of it's path."

 No.741816

>>741809
>>741811
>>741812
As Pryce and Leather try to help her move the statues, only to be met with unyielding resistance, Shorthorns listens to their suggestion to try letting the orb go a loop without interference.

"Oh! Yeah, that's a good idea. We should see exactly how it goes from each statue so we can figure out the best way of making it work for us."

 No.741817

>>741803
>>741804
"I think I could get it this time, but in notice of my failure -It's only fair we try your idea next. Let's see do these dragons even budge?"

 No.741818

>>741817
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BX9cE7WORM

Shei-Sher plays some elevator music.

 No.741819

File: 1593569327877-0.png (13.96 KB, 635x646, phase 2.png)

File: 1593569327877-1.png (14.63 KB, 635x646, phase 3.png)

File: 1593569327877-2.png (15.7 KB, 635x646, phase 4.png)

>>741814
>>741816
>>741817
You press in both switches simultaneously once more, and another orb flies out from Statue 6, bound for Statue 3, just as it did last time. It fires out of Statue 4, and heads into Statue 7.

>For clarity's sake and for not cluttering up a single diagram, these will be divided into successive phases, detailed in the attached images.


>Phase 2:


The orb then flies out of Statue 10's maw, and in an unusual divergence, it flies straight across the room into Statue 5. Statue 2 then launches the orb out of its own maw…

>Phase 3:


…And into Statue 9. From there, it travels to Statue 8, which spits it out in the direction of Statue 1…

>Phase 4:


…But in a second strange twist, Statue 1 expels a sudden gust of air, with enough force to mimic that of a cannon. The burst of air redirects the orb's trajectory, this time bound for the Silver Dragon. As the orb reaches the Dragon's mouth, the Silver Dragon in turn blasts out its own gust of air, bumping the ball back toward the Golden Dragon. The orb sinks into the Golden Dragon's gullet, and the Golden Dragon's eyes flash bright silver.

One of the gems on the Golden Dragon's throat glow a most unpleasant shade of red… The eyes on all the Dragon Statues then dim, and the switches go back to default position. However, the dark red gemstone on the Golden Dragon's throat lingers. Each of you feels a sudden sense of claustrophobia, as if you were being squeezed all about. Each of you can see that you all have a red mark on your own throats as well, perfectly mimicking that on the Golden Dragon.

 No.741821

>>741819
Shorthorns watches the orb finally make its way into the Golden dragon's mouth, blinking her eyes in anticipation of what's about to happen. "…is that it? Did we just not have to do any-"

As the tightening occurs on her throat, however, Shorthorns gasps for air, reaching up and tugging at her armor's collar as she desperately tries to open it up a bit for more air. She sees the red gemstone appear on the golden dragon, and she winces, "Okay… so we definitely definitely do NOT want it to go inside the golden dragon."

She turns towards statue 1, "It was supposed to go into that one, and then it blew it away… maybe that's the key is that we have to go into this bronze statue that made it go towards the silver one?"

 No.741823

>>741819
Cloak offers a half-hearted prayer to see if it will heal with his own ailment, assuming the maze's magic may not work in such simple ways.
>Spellbreaker: recharge 2, ranged; Nullify a spell or magic effect
[1d10+1]

>>741821
"I only wonder if there's a way to deal change the direction of the ball without using magic, perhaps there's something we've missed." Leather rubs his throat.

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.741824

>>741819
>>741821
*Guitar Playing Stops*

"Probably" He responds to Flaming "I'm assuming the air puffs are time based. Unless there's a sensor. But if it's time based, I can use the dark corridor to streamline the orb. If it is a sensor the that would mean Statue 1 can anticipate the orb again Flaming, no matter how we turn the statues toward it. With that in mind, let us begin the tests."

Shei-Sher opens a dark corridor again in front of statue 6 and exiting in front of the silver dragon. He holds the corridors in place in case the Silver dragon blows it back again.

[1d10+1] dark corridor
"Ready. Set. Cover!"

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.741825

>>741824
>forgot a passage.

*Guitar Playing Stops."
"I rescind that comment. It was a horrible idea. A horrible idea!"

 No.741826

>>741823
It vanishes from your throat for a few precious moments, allowing you an unconstricted breath… but it soon comes back, appearing stubbornly where it was only a second ago.

>>741821
>>741823
>>741824
"I'm not sure," Gadriel says. "But I think it might be simpler than that. I mean look at the gemstones. It almost makes me think of the inverse of a points system for a game. The golden dragon got a mark after the silver one sent the orb into its throat, and it the mark then appeared on us. If this is how it all unfolds when we don't interfere with the trajectory, we definitely don't want the golden dragon to get any more."

"So just sink three orbs into the silver dragon, basically?" Zjetya asks. "That's simple. I was pretty good at sky hockey when I was young."

You reset the puzzle once more, and the Dark Corridor sends the orb directly from Statue 6 to the Silver Dragon. But once the orb gets close enough, the Silver Dragon fires another burst of air, sending it back into the Corridor. The orb comes out the other end, down Statue 6's gullet, and…

…Nothing happens after that. It seems that Statue 6 is a 'dead end,' so to speak. If an orb's launched into it, it apparently goes nowhere.

The dragons' eyes reset, as do the switches, but you are all still marked by the point that the Silver Dragon scored earlier.

 No.741828

>>741812
"If we could, I don't know if that would be wise. If the dungeon shifts after this challenge, that'd cut you off from the rest of us. Just stay behind me, I assure nothing with hit either of you."

>>741819
Pryce watches as the orb flies back and forth along it's path, until it's blow by Statue 1, and then by the Silver Dragon and into the Gold's maw. When it lights up, as their throats as well, he grows concerned over the feeling of dread that overcomes them.
"So the goal is to not let it go into the golden dragon…"

>>741821
"Either that one or the silver one, both deflected it."

>>741823
"It bounces off the walls after Shei threw it off course the last time, we could change course with anything solid I'd imagine."

 No.741829

>>741826
Shei reacts distraught at the Silver Dragon puffing air against the orb again.
"OKAY. That's bad. How are we expected to field a goal then?!"

Shei is still holding the small Dark Corridor open. "I'll be keeping this portal on hold until we figure something out."

 No.741830

>>741823
"Well, they were changing it with just strong gusts of air, right? Maybe we can use the same."

>>741824
>>741828
"So you mean, we delay the orb entering the dragon just a few moments until AFTER the gust occurs? I guess that could work…"

She watches as he sets up the dark corridor, "Okay, we'll try this again. Better it hits the walls than the golden dragon."

>>741826
As they set up the game using the dark corridor and watch it enter the last bronze dragon, she frowns. "Yeah, looks like you're right Gadriel. We have to push it into the SILVER dragon so we can even up the score."

>>741829
>>741826
>>741828
"What if we used TWO Corridors, would that let us get the timing right?"

 No.741831

>>741826
>>741828
>>741830

"I could try and block the ball with my shield. I would want to know a direction in which to try to ricochet the energy to. Would hate to melt my holy symbol for naught."

 No.741832

>>741830
>>741829
>>741826
>>741831
"The ball is directed to the Gold Dragon without any interference. If we put up a wall or blockage in front of the Gold Dragon's mouth, it should bounce straight back into the Silver Dragon then. At the very least, keeping the Gold Dragon covered up would be the best bet."

 No.741834

>>741830
>>741826

Shei snaps his hoof at Flaming and plays a bright riff on his guitar "That could work!" Let me think how we can orient our corridors to cause a loop. Then eventually we could maybe catch the silver dragon off guard."

 No.741835

>>741828
River and Zjetya reluctantly nod, staying close as they look warily at the dragon statues.

>>741829
>>741832
>>741831
>>741830
"…Wow, I was gonna chime in, but you guys seem like you're naturals," Zjetya says. "If there's anything for me to add, it's that even the best goalkeeper gets overwhelmed sometimes. We should come up with a way to send the orb into the silver dragon at an angle it can't air-blast away, or send the orb in right after it does an air-blast… assuming it can't do multiple at a single time."

 No.741836

>>741835
>Correction:
"Multiple within a small time-span."*

 No.741837

>>741832
>>741830
>>741819
"Right." He says to Pryce "Essentially what we're going for here. I'll orient my corridor directly in front of the golden dragon. and set the the exit portal to shoot inside 7 so it ends up shooting out of statue 1. This should be enough to cause a loop. And we'll use Flaming corridors if we need the loop to run faster."

[1d10+1] Shei-Sher adjusts the corridors so theres an Entry Portal blocking the Golden Dragon's mouth and an Exit Portal leading into Statue 7's mouth.

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.741838

>>741831
"That's a good idea, but how hard do you think it'll be to get the angle just right so it goes back into the silver one's mouth?"

>>741832
"Agreed, even if it doesn't go back in the silver one's mouth keeping the gold one's covered is a good idea. And it might just work if it's going straight on from the silver, just bounce it back!"

>>741834
>>741835
"Okay, so we want to try the corridors first? Do you need me to open mine right now, Shei?"

 No.741839

>>741837
>>741835
"What if we trick the dragon with a fake orb? If it is by sensor like Shei suggested, I can conjure a fire orb of my own for it to blow away before the real orb comes at it."

 No.741841

>>741832
>>741835
>>741838
"We can spend time lining myself up with a dragon now, we have no time limit except for saving the demon girl. Line a thread from my shield to one of the dragons you'd wish for me to block a 'scoring' shot to."

Leather sits himself in front of Gold Dragon, shield up.

 No.741842

>>741838
>>741831
"Not yet… If this doesn't work you can deploy yours to shorten the circuit. Then if it blocks again Leather, you should be ready to hit it back toward's the silver dragon."

>>741839
Shei-Sher shrugs. "Yeah! Try that right now, so we can see it works."

 No.741843

>>741841
>>741839
>>741838
>>741835
"In any case, I think Gadds and Zjetya are on to something. We probably do need to catch it off guard. But I like to prepare for the worse so that may be my natural pessimism speaking"

 No.741845

>>741843
>>741841
>>741839
>>741838
You set up the Dark Corridors, and press the switches. The orbs fire in sequence as before: 6 fires at 3, 3 passes to 4, 4 fires at 7, 7 passes to 10, 10 fires at 5, 5 passes to 2, 2 fires at 9, 9 passes to 8, 8 fires at 1, 1 bounces to Silver, Silver bounces to Golden…

…But instead of sinking in, the orb vanishes into the Dark Corridor put in front of Golden, and the exit end of the portal launches the orb back into 7. 7 passes to 10, 10 fires at 5, 5 passes to 2…

The loop repeats in sequence, with the orb showing no signs of slowing down or petering out.

 No.741846

>>741845
>>741843
>>741842
Pryce watches as they get the loop set up, the orb unable to sink into the Gold Dragon. Pryce's horn glows as he attempts to form a ball of flame of his own for the fake out plan.
>Telekinesis [Fire] [Ball] [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.741847

>>741846
You conjure a small orb; it's not very durable, but may suffice at least for a distraction.

 No.741848

>>741845
>>741838
"Alright then" Shei puts a hoof to his chin "Do you want to open a corridor from with an entry infront of dragon 10 and have the exit portal shoot at the Silver Dragon. Or do you have something else in mind?"

 No.741849

>>741845
"I am hoping it's not building any momentum while we do this…" Leather says, remaining stalwart despite sweating from the prospect of the ball flying towards him.

While he waits, Leather improves the resistance to fire to all his allies nearby.

>Stone of Attuning: Instant; Ranged; Recharge 1; A small stone that, when used upon a target, changes their Attribute Relationship to a specific damage type, either increasing or decreasing it 1 tier, until the end of combat or until dispelled. If it crits, the increase or decrease is 2 tiers. (See: https://pastebin.com/hvVEnzZR ). This always targets all allies, or all enemies.

[1d10] Increase Fire resist

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.741850

>>741849
You fail to channel aetheric current into the stone. It doesn't activate, but it also doesn't break, either.

 No.741852

>>741841
As Leather mentions Amy, Shorthorns gives a worried look. "Right… well, let's try and get that lined up. Come to think of it, if you set up 'directly' in front of it, all you have to do is steadily move closer to knock it in, right?"

>>741845
>>741848
As the continuous loop sets itself up thanks to the Dark Corridor Shei summons, Shorthorns looks at the passing of the ball in sequence before Shei asks her to set up a dark corridor. She shakes her head, "I think that works. Lemme try opening one up in front of 10, we'll see how it works!"

She takes a deep breath, and focuses on opening a corridor
[1d10] Dark Corridor

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.741854

>>741852
>>741849
>>741852
"Then Leather, get into position between the portal infront of the golden statue and Flaming's exit portal. If the silver dragon blows it away again, be ready to hit it back in."

 No.741855

>>741847
With his orb conjured, Pryce throws it towards the Silver Dragon to see if it deflects his conjured orb away.

 No.741856

>>741855
>[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.741857

>>741852
>>741854
"Again, Miss Shorthorns, I do not know if I would come out the victor here. The statue has magical enchantments and is not made of burnable flesh as I am. I am just a pony, as stalwart as I might be."

Nonetheless, Leather stands in front of the bronze dragon.

 No.741858

>>741856
>>741855
>>741846
>>741852
>>741849
>>741848
>Shorthorns' Corridors are B, Shei's are A.

Between the two sets of Dark Corridors that you have set up, the sequence shortens to: 7 passes to 10, 10 fires into Dark Corridor B, Dark Corridor B fires at Silver Dragon, Silver Dragon Bounces to Dark Corridor A, Dark Corridor A fires at 7, 7 passes to 10… and so on and so forth.

And just before Corridor B fires at the Silver Dragon again, Pryce winds up his fireball, and launches it at the Silver Dragon. The Silver Dragon launches a gust of wind from its gullet as the fireball approaches – and you notice that the gust of wind fires straight forward, even though Pryce's fireball approaches from the side. Pryce's fireball is obliterated on contact, and a second later, the Dragon's Orb sinks straight into the Silver Dragon's gullet.

The Silver Dragon's eyes glow bright gold, and then, all the dragons' eyes dim, and the switches reset. There is a pulse of magic from the Golden and Silver Dragon, and both sets of Dark Corridors vanish as the pulse reaches them. Some kind of resetting effect, perhaps.

"Whoo! Nice shot!" Zjetya says.
"Wonder if we should be worried that it shut down your little looping circuit there…" Gadriel says, grimacing with worry. "Let's be extra-careful on this round."

 No.741861

>>741858
Shorthorns watches Pryce's shot as it sinks into the Dragon, and as the scores seem to 'tie' up, she lets out a hollar of joy.

"Woohooo! It worked!" She pauses to look at Gadriel as he offers commentary on the loop. "It kind of looked like the loop wasn't fast enough. Every single time the ball came back to the silver dragon, it blew it away. We had to trick it with two orbs just now, right? Think we need to do that every time?"

 No.741863

>>741858
>>741857
>>741854
>>741852
"Looks like we have it down. It can only deflect once every few moments, so we just need to trigger it's breath earlier and we score."
Pryce says as they manage to score one goal. His horn glows as he prepares more decoy orbs for the next volleys.
>Homing Magic [Fire] [Ball] [1d10]

>>741861
"Most likely. I can conjure more than enough to fill the rest of this test."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.741864

>>741858
>"Let's be extra-careful on this round."
"What does that even mean? How can we be careful about playing tennis with dragons?" Shei mentions a little pedantic.

>>741855
"Good Work Pryce!"

>>741861
"It would be wise to assume the dragon's are intelligent. So they may expect the same trick. In any case. We could make the circuit faster. I'll let you start us off Flaming."

Shei asks Flaming to open a corridor. He unstraps his guitar, ready to use it to bat an orb in case.

 No.741866

>>741863
>>741864
>>741861
"Right. So, we set up the orb of light to go into it, and then you and Leather work to make it drop its guard so it goes in after the gust of air is cast, right?"

She says, preparing another corridor to ready her link with Shei
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.741867

>>741863
"Worst case scenario, I can deflect the energy orb to the nullifying dragon to reset the match." Leather says, feeling more confident in his position.

 No.741868

>>741867
>>741864
>>741863
>>741861
Pryce conjures two more fireballs.
"Right… There's a span of at least one second where it's possible to sink in a ball after the Silver Dragon fires its air-burst," River says. "Well, let's not assume that will hold true for the next round. I'd assume the challenge will increase the more points we rack up."
"Even if the window of opportunity shrinks, the Silver Dragon should only be able to fire so often," Zjetya says. "It's still a machine, after all. There's always going to be a small span between air-bursts in which it can't fire another one. So, just get good and hope for the best."

>>741866
You set your Corridors up where they were once again.

>>741864
Gadriel doesn't even look at you.

 No.741869

>>741868
Shei-Sher opens up his corridors with Flaming to create the same sequence
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.741870

>>741868
Leather remains stalwart, "I hope not more damaging as well."

 No.741871

>>741869
>>741868
>Addendum:

You set up the same sequence as before, and go to start the game up. This time, the second that the switches are pressed down, Statue 6's orb rockets out of its mouth. It was swift before, but this one is nearly blinding, zipping through the air at an alarming rate. Soon, between both sets of Corridors, the orb very quickly settles into the second version of its loop:

7 passes to 10, 10 fires into Dark Corridor B, Dark Corridor B fires at Silver Dragon, Silver Dragon Bounces to Dark Corridor A, Dark Corridor A fires at 7, 7 passes to 10, etc. etc.

Zjetya, River and Gadriel back away from the sequence, weapons raised protectively. Zjetya looks to Pryce, and begins to sing a limerick of encouragement.

[1d10+3] Inspire

Roll #1 9 + 3 = 12

 No.741875

>>741868
>>741871
As Shorthorns creates and maintains the Corridors to keep the same sequence as before going, she looks to Pryce with anticipation as he prepares the other shot. "Alright Pryce, just like before!"

 No.741876

>>741868
>>741875
>>741871
Pryce nods to Flaming as she calls out for the setup. He levitates one of his two orbs in his magic, and tosses it at the Silver Dragon to set it off.
>[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.741877

>>741871
Leather prays quietly, offering his own health to protect Pryce's should things go awry.

>Protect: automatic instant, recharge 2 after effect ends; Takes all damage for a target for 2+1 turns. Neither can be rendered helpless in that time, but the knight becomes helpless after the effect ends if they would have become helpless during Protect’s duration.

 No.741880

>>741871
Shei stands by his portal at the golden statue. He holds his guitar firm and waits in anticipation for the first

He times the next time the orb is blown back to Dark Corridor A and swings his Electric *Vector Guitar to knock the energy blast back at the Silver Statue.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.741881

>>741876
>>741875
>>741877
>>741880
Pryce's fireball unexpectedly curves, and collides with the orb as the two are bound for the Silver Dragon. The Dragon uses its airblast, and the two spheres are tossed about the room; the fireball peters out, but the energy orb bounces about erratically, richocheting off of every corner in a chaotic and unpredictable flurry. Cloak leaps to Pryce's side and narrowly blocks it as it heads straight for his head; the two are knocked into the ground from the impact, and Cloak can feel intense heat on the other side of his shield.

>3 Wounds negated by Vanguard


Shei manages to salvage the situation – the orb passes in front of the Silver Dragon by chance, triggering the airblast; Shei dives in, and slams the orb back at the Silver Dragon before the window of opportunity can close. It sinks in, and you gain another point. As before, all the Dark Corridors in the room vanish.

There is little celebration this time, as River and Zjetya run over to check on Cloak and Pryce.

Gadriel slumps back against the wall, his feathers standing on end from fright. "Nice save, Shei… that was close. C-can we take a breather before round three?"

 No.741882

>>741881
"Amy was kidnapped by forces beyond our reckoning. Do you think she wants us to take a breather?" Shei solemnly responds to Gadriel.

 No.741883

>>741881
>>741877
Pryce's horn glows to try and deflect the orb as it goes flying towards him after going off course, until Leather jumps in aid to block it.
"Thanks Leather… That was a close one."
He says, getting up and offering Leather a hoof.

>>741880
>>741877
>>741881
>>741875
"The orb was faster that time. We'll need to be fully prepared this time before even triggering it again."

 No.741884

>>741877
>>741881
>>741883
Shei looks to Pryce and Leather, seing they're wounded he gives Gadds' suggestion some consideration "On second thought a rest would be fine."

 No.741886

>>741881
>>741883
>>741881
>>741877
As the orb curves and the two orbs collide, Shorthorns lets out a gasp, watching as they start to bounce around unpredictably in the tight chamber as she dodges and looks out for the others' well being. As Shei manages to dive in and slam the orb right down the dragon's throat, she lets out a sigh of relief, stomping her hooves this time in celebration of Shei.

"YESS! THAT'S TWO! Now silver's in the lead!"

She pauses to look over Pryce as Leather protects him, saying to Leather, "Good save, Leather! Are you alright, Pryce?"

She nods in agreement. "Yeah, we can take a quick break to think that over. Pryce is right, that WAS going faster than it was before. I guess the game's learning at the same time we are." She looks at the silver statue, ears flapping down as she ponders. "Hey, kind of a weird feeling I just got: we're *SURE* Silver should win, right?"

 No.741888

>>741881
>>741884
>>741882
"Waiting patiently and thinking this out means we can make it to Amy in the first place. Rushing things only means to cause us more harm and weaken the group further." Leather nods to Shei as he changes his mind, "I am unscathed, fortunately. I cannot say the same will be true if we rush things."

>>741883
Leather pulls himself up with Pryce's help, "I am where I need to be."

 No.741889

>>741888
>>741876
Shei closes his eyes and smiles. He can't deny it, he's been caught being single minded again. He flaps his hoof repeatedly, dismissive but frantic "I get it, I get it, I get it." He ambles over to the both of you "Thanks for saving my friend's life by the way." And bends his torso down to says to Pryce unseriously "Are you still breathing?"

 No.741890

>>741886
"Yea, I'm fine thanks to Leather."

>>741889
"I am."

 No.741892

>>741882
"Fine, fine, no, you're right," Gadriel says, gulping and steeling himself for the last round.

>>741883
>>741884
>>741886
>>741888
River checks over the two stallions, but they seem to be alright. "Well, a rest is in order, anyhow," River says. "This confirmed my hunch that things would change between rounds. This time it was just the speed at which the orb flew, but if we're about to win, I imagine it's going to pull out all the stops, maybe even cheat."
"Cheat?" Zjetya scoffs. "Alright, that's a little bit of a reach. But, there'll definitely be something else awaiting us this time… say, what if we set up more defensively around our goal this time and see what's up? I don't think we should assume the same loop will work three times."

 No.741893

>>741890
>>741892
Upon further inspection, Shei realizes Pryce had gone unscathed.
"Funny, I saw you were surrounded by women so I figured you took up another scar." He jokes.

Shei-Sher holds out his cape to hang adjactenly from him like he were a matador. When he reels it back in, the fabric seems to flow along a rectangular surface. From behind his cape appears a refrigerator.

He opens the fridge and looks back to everyone "Anybody care for a refreshment?"
He gets himself a water.

 No.741894

>>741892
>>741890
"I agree with Zjetya. Maybe we just got lucky these last two times but if this game has any tricks left, it WILL pull them out. Let's fire a round and see what happens, just keep the golden statue covered and it can't score anyhow."

She turns, "You really think it would cheat though? That's not very fair, WE'VE played by the rules so far."

 No.741895

>>741892
>>741894

"If I am to guess, mayhaps we'll have to prepare for multiple orbs. I do not imagine they would just increase the speed again." Leather ruminates, "Perhaps we should utilize the side dragons more, rather than just creating a loop."

 No.741896

>>741893
Shorthorns's tongue falls out of her muzzle as he pulls out a fridge, looking at it with bewilderment. "HOw did you…. uh, yeah, actually, I would love a water please. Make it ten."

 No.741898

>>741893
Shei tosses ONE bottle of water your way.

>>741892
On Shei's amble to his spot to sit, he drops a piece of chocolate on Gadd's head.

 No.741900

>>741893
"I don't plan on adding any more scars than I already have."
Pryce says in jest.

>>741892
>>741894
>>741895
"It wouldn't be surprising to make the last round the hardest. I can't imagine multiple orbs though would be contained with the number that'd fly about."
To be on the safeside, Pryce's horn glows white as he stands by Leather, the air shimmering around the two in a flash to grant a wall of antimagic.
>Palisade [Self and Leather] [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.741901

>>741898
This was meant for you
>Shei tosses ONE bottle of water your way.

 No.741902

>>741901
>>741896
>somehow misposted again
This for you >>741896
Shei tossed a bottle of water to flaming

 No.741904

>>741898
"Okay, wait, hold up, watch this… watch this…"

Gadriel pops his head up, launching the chocolate into the air. He then points his head straight up, beak open, and catches the chocolate. Nearby, Lockjaw roars in acknowledgement of his victory.

>>741895
>>741894
>>741893
>>741900
"Multiple orbs, or different patterns," Zjetya says as she and River get their drinks.
"I wouldn't discount any possibility based on the idea that it might be unfeasible or unreasonable," River adds. "This is a crypt meant to keep the world above and the world below out, maintained by some of the strongest mortals the world had ever known 'til then."
"They sure seemed to like games of all kinds, though," Gadriel notes.

 No.741905

>>741900
"Multiple orbs?" Flaming says, trying to think the best way of how to handle that. "We can only set up so many Dark Corridors at the same time… do you think they'd ALL have to go in Silver's mouth or just one of them?"

>>741902
As he passes her the water bottle, she nods her head in thanks, using one of her tiny horns to pull the cap off before slugging it down hard and drinking it quickly.

>>741904
"Well… running another test round should be alright as long as we keep the Golden one's mouth covered. Why don't we try that and see what it throws at us, focusing solely on defense and keeping any of them from reaching the Golden one?"

 No.741907

>>741904
Shei wears an amused smile "I refuse to believe you practiced that."

He takes a seat on the floor and begins strumming his guitar, as the respite has begun to make that infernal white noise return to the foreground of Shei's hearing. He doesn't offer any input to the conversation on strategy, instead focusing on the sound of his guitar.

 No.741908

>>741905
"It should only need one. That is, if it even shoots multiple to begin with.

>>741904
With his spell failing to take hold, Pryce hums one of his song spells, conjuring his flaming shield to play guard this time.
>The Scroll of Seneh, the Wildfire Aegis [Auto]
>Summons a floating shield as a minion with 20 HP. It can be assigned to any target, and will take all damage for them until it is defeated. After it has been defeated, it has a Recharge of 3 before it can be summoned again. The minion has access to the following skills

 No.741909

>>741904
"We could see about letting the Silver dragon win a match to see what the final gimick is, while still testing. If we have not won with two points, neither should it."

 No.741911

>>741907
"Nothin' but natural talent," Gadriel says as he savors the chocolate, taking no bites of it but simply allowing it to melt, just as his predecessor would have wanted.

>>741905
>>741908
>>741909
River nods as Pryce drums up some more defense. "Set up your corridors about the Golden Dragon's mouth, and make sure the exit ends are pointed such that the orbs can't bounce around much. Nice, even lines, measured with a compass and a ruler if you can manage it… all these askew statues are quite vexing for my aesthetic sensibilities."
Zjetya raises an eyebrow at Cloak's proposal. "Well… tossing one round would make it easier to see the whole rotation in progress, but do you wanna take that chance? I mean, we don't even know the consequence for losing this challenge. What if we screw up on the deciding round?"

 No.741912

>>741909
Shei interrupts his guitar playing for a moment "Sorry, but I need a steady flow of oxygen to think." Shei's obviously not on board.

 No.741913

>>741911
"Hence while still testing. I certainly do not want to press the buttons and let things go along as they are, but less standing-in-their-way should something terrible occurs again."

 No.741915

>>741909
>>741911
"We shouldn't toss a round if we can lock the orbs in a loop. As long as one corridor is in front of the Gold Dragon, the volley won't end until we act. We should set up again and see what comes."

 No.741916

>>741911
>>741908
"We don't have to toss it. We just don't have to intend to win it. We've done good on offense so far, it's time to see how good our Defense is. Think about it, how much choice do we have? We NEED to see what it's willing to throw at us this time, if we go in on offense without knowing what's coming, we might end up losing it all too! At least this way, we put our survival first. Besides, we're up by one now. We should have a least a little buff, right?"

 No.741917

>>741916
>>741915
>>741913
>>741912
Zjetya wrings her hooves a little bit with apprehension, but since you all seem to have a level head and a thought-out approach, she shrugs. "Okay, we do have a little leeway here. You want me on standby for anything?"
"Or me," Gadriel says. "I can give one of you a pretty handy barrier against flame, you know."

 No.741918

>>741911
>>741916
"That sounds fair to me. Just press the button and I'll immediately raise a corridor from the golden Dragon leading out the Bronze Dragon number 6
"
Shei-Sher readies to raise his Dark corridors so that the an entry portal is guarding the front of the golden Dragon and an exit portal is raised in front of the statue 6 aimed at statue 3

[1d10+1] Once the buttons are pushed an Entry Portal in front of the Golden Dragon and Exit portal infront of Statue 6 is conjured.


Shei-Sher plays a jazzier tone of elevator music to get everyone in the mood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g84fUGg5mH4
>Background Music: instant, stackable; the entire party gains +1 to all rolls for 2 turns, this effect is stackable for a maximum of +2; upon critical failure cancels all stacks of the effect, this skill cannot critically succeed. Effect duration of each stack refreshes after a successful use.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #2 7 + 1 = 8

 No.741919

>>741916
>>741915

"Thank you, Miss Shorthorns. I do not wish to risk a life in either case. We have some wiggle room, we shouldn't carelessly act to succeed at all costs knowing we could've planned things out more."

>>741917
"Given I'm playing defence, I would not mind such a barrier at all." Leather notes, standing nearby but not directly in front of the golden statue.

"I will attempt to bash the ball away should it come for the mouth, but I will not risk putting myself in the way of it this time."

 No.741920

>>741917
>"You should get that big wind blast of yours ready in case the statue tries any tricks around the corridor."
KP suggests to Zjetya, keeping behind her and River for safety.

 No.741922

>>741917
>>741919
>>741918
Shorthorns nods in approval at everyone's readiness. She takes out her shield, readying it with a stiff hoof as she paces around the gold statue, trying to account for any openings that aren't covered as she prepares a Dark Corridor of her own, entrance in front of the other side of the golden statue while the exit is near the silver statue, hoping that should one pass into it and be directed towards their goal.

[1d10+1] Summoning Dark Corridor

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.741924

>>741918
>>741919
>>741920
>>741922
After setting up your defenses, you brace yourselves, and push both buttons in. Zjetya, River and Gadriel tense, hiding behind the array of defenses about the Golden Dragon. The dragons' eyes light all at once.

There is a brief pause, a moment of peace.

And then, chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8oGDT_ZW3o

Every single one of the Bronze statues begins spewing orbs about the room. The Silver Dragon roars to life as its throat spews a constant stream of air, leaving a clear path in the middle of the room. The orbs are fast as they were in the second round, but something about their sheer volume has perhaps made them far weaker, for each orb only bounces about a few times before its small explosion. But it's impossible to track the trajectory of any single one, for the room is perpetually full of them.

>All actions now must be accompanied by a DC 9 dodge roll, unless you can find some way of clearing the room.

 No.741925

>Shielded by Wildfire Aegis

>>741924
Pryce's head goes back and forth as all the statues begin to spew orbs, the worst outcome upon them. He looks down to the Silver Dragon as it makes a continuous stream of air, for sure block any possible incoming orb. An idea comes to Pryce, one to hopefully end the chaos quickly. He darts forward towards the Silver Dragon, waiting for one of the orbs to near it to give him a better timing window. He waits for an orb to be caught up and blown away, and with a flourish of his wings, he waves his flaming hoof before the Silver Dragon, using the opening of it's maw as a stand in for his bracelet, using it as a new exit for the mid-air orb.
>Hat Magic [Orb] [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.741926

>>741924
>>741925
>Dodge [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.741927

>>741924
Shei-Sher holds his hoof out as if he were trying to grab onto something. He strains the spatial properties of the Dark Corridor in front of the Golden Dragon Statue to instead cause the orbs to stick to the portal entrance/to stand in place.

>Dark Affinity

[1d10+2]

He then waves his hand down, the orbs of energy that end at the Golden Dragon's sticky portal coalesce and fuel eachother. Growing in power and energy as they merge with each other at the sticky portal
>I Dream of Alchemy+2: Instant; Thrice per session; Forge a small- to medium-sized object out of a natural elemental source, such as water or earth. If this object is a weapon, it carries the elemental properties* of the material it was made from and is +1 quality on a critical forging roll. Objects made with this skill disappear after a few hours. If this skill is used to make Bits or fake documents, they are obviously counterfeit upon close inspection. Keys made with this skill work just as well as their real counterparts, but break after being used. Forging an object requires access to an amount of source material equivalent in size to the desired object.
[1d10+4]

Dodge Roll
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #2 10 + 4 = 14 / Roll #3 2 + 1 = 3

 No.741928

>>741924
Cloak prepares himself to destroy every orb with the power of his vengeance, should even one knock him down.

>Retaliate: recharge 3 after effect triggers; After three+1 turns, you deal out damage for every hit you lost during those three+1 turns. Going Helpless before the end of the three+1 turns causes the effect to release instantly. Critfails don’t count toward the charge of this spell.

[1d10]

[1d10] dodge

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.741929

>>741924
As the dozen orbs all come out of the bronze statues at once, Shorthorns braces her self, raising her shield ready to strike at them as she tries to follow them all coming at every angle. "KEEP YOUR GUARD UP! If you can, deflect it back to the Silver, but for now just make sure they don't hit the Golden statue!" She shouts, keeping an eye out for any that come here way. She tries to deflect a few them directly into the Dark Corridor so they might come back out towards the other side going for silver
[1d10+2] Deflecting using her shield to bat any balls coming towards her
[1d10+2] Dodging

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12 / Roll #2 5 + 2 = 7

 No.741930

>>741928
>>741929
"BATTER UP!!" Shei-Sher Yells with glee at Flaming and Leather

 No.741931

>>741927
>>741928
>>741925
You run forward to try and magick the Silver Dragon's mouth, but as you get about halfway through the room, you swerve to dodge an orb that comes a little too close for comfort, and that brief loss of balance and composition lets the wind get the better of you. You fall, and are blown back toward the others, managing to get away with only a few scrapes.

>Pryce loses 2 Hits, 2 stored in Snakeskin Cloak


>>741927
>>741929
>>741928
>>741926
As Shei draws in the orbs to the entrance of one of the Dark Corridors, Flaming and Cloak herd the strays into the growing glob of aether that Shei has now gathered up. A few lone ones manage to slip through, crashing into the few openings that Cloak and Shei leave. Cloak manages to break down one bound for Shei, but the strike leaves him open – and a searing white hot pain flashes across his left side, searing a chunk of his armor against his skin. The pain is so great as to be brief, before all nerves and those surrounding them die.

>Cloak loses 3 Wounds; Shei uses Vanguard to avoid his, as does Flaming.


But now, there's a single massive orb before you, held in place by the mighty airstream of the Silver Dragon. The room slowly clears of orbs, but the Dragon's not giving you so much as an inch.

"Come on! You've almost got it!" River, Zjetya and Gadriel cheer.

[1d10+3] Inspire

Roll #1 10 + 3 = 13

 No.741932

>>741931
>>741929
>>741928
Shei-Sher draws out his guitar as he gets into position.

"All at once? How about it!" He gleams a toothy smile clearly enjoying himself.

 No.741933

>>741931
>>741932
As the massive orb gathers in front of them, Shorthorns turns to Shei after she finishes beating away the last one she had deflected towards the silver statue. "On three! One… two…" JUST as she's about to say three, Shorthorns charges the orb with her shield, throwing it up in front of her horns as she prepares to use it as a ram combined with her forehead's natural strength to deliver a powerful punch to send it towards home base.
"THREE!"
[1d10+4] All or Nothing
[1d10+2] Dodging

Roll #1 7 + 4 = 11 / Roll #2 6 + 2 = 8

 No.741934

>>741932
>>741931
Cloak grits his teeth through the pain, slowly turning it into a grin as well.

"The time for waiting has passed."

Rushing forward, Cloak uses the pain as fuel for a massive shield slam.
>Talent: (Patience Rewarded; passive: After a successful use of a skill and completing its subsequent recharge, gain +X to the next time the skill is attempted, where X is the recharge of skill. Reductions in cooldown completely nullify the bonus gained.)

[1d10+5] Shatter

Roll #1 8 + 5 = 13

 No.741935

>>741931
>>741933
On time with Flaming, Shei-Sher swings the flat side of his Electric *Vector Guitar at the massive ball of energy. Steel ringing loud like a tremor as it smacks their target.
[1d10+3] Batter Up

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.741936

>>741935
>>741934
>>741933
River runs forward with her spear to add to the charge, and Gadriel clears a path by firing volleys of feathers that clear away nearby orbs from the path, while Zjetya bolsters the momentum of the orb with strums from her new lyre.

Together as one, you ram the huge orb forward, sending it hurtling back toward the Silver Dragon, completely overloading its air-stream once and for all. A magnificent light engulfs the arena as the orb makes contact with the Silver Dragon, and a brilliant explosion flings all of you back.

…Once the light and the ringing have diminished enough for you to see once more, you can see that there is no more silver dragon, nor even the walls beyond it. Both the statue and the two walls blocking your progress are gone, blown to rubble by the explosion.

You're gathered together behind what remains of Seneh, which is currently naught but a few embers floating away, having protected you from the blast.

>Paused

 No.742437

>>741936
The crippling silence of the night goes on as Shei-Sher feverishly pours through pages of babble. The author's psychosis bleeds into Shei's studious temperament. Perhaps a sign of intellectual correspondance between reader and writer or the fatal chords of madness plucking at Shei!

Shei-Sher follows a segment about agriculture in Tartarus. He grapples to understand if growing something natural from the world of the living in Tartarus is possible, what are the effects, and if it can be done on Tartarian soil or requires raw earth. Additionally, the boy tries to understand if the author means there are any localized spots in Tartarus that can grow agriculture.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.742475

>>742437
You find your focus drifting in and out, lost in a haze, as you pore over the text; by the time you regain it, having red the last few stanzas of a rune-song for an unknown period of time, the early rays of sunlight peek over the hills. You recall that you have transcended the need for sleep some time ago; the brief sleep into which you fell must have been caused by the rune-song itself. A small charm to deter the underprepared, and perhaps also a signal of similar booby traps deeper within the text.

 No.742476

>>742475
having read and reread the last few stanzas…*

 No.742653

Last time, on HolyQuest…

The Saviors cleared the first of the puzzles awaiting them in this wing of the dungeon: A kind of ball-game in which they had to intercept a magic fire orb being passed about by bronze dragon statues, and sink it into the goal, in the form of a statue of a silver dragon. After one loss, they figured out the puzzle's patterns, and achieved two goals. The third round was a bit more blunt, to say the least, as every one of the bronze dragon statues fired orbs in a chaotic flow all about the room. But they mustered their strength as a whole, and gathered together a massive fire orb, launching it at the silver dragon. Not only did they sink it, they nearly blew part the back half of the room in the process.

 No.742654

River runs forward with her spear to add to the charge, and Gadriel clears a path by firing volleys of feathers that clear away nearby orbs from the path, while Zjetya bolsters the momentum of the orb with strums from her new lyre.

Together as one, you ram the huge orb forward, sending it hurtling back toward the Silver Dragon, completely overloading its air-stream once and for all. A magnificent light engulfs the arena as the orb makes contact with the Silver Dragon, and a brilliant explosion flings all of you back.

…Once the light and the ringing have diminished enough for you to see once more, you can see that there is no more silver dragon, nor even the walls beyond it. Both the statue and the two walls blocking your progress are gone, blown to rubble by the explosion.

You're gathered together behind what remains of Seneh, which is currently naught but a few embers floating away, having protected you from the blast.

>Addendum:


Beyond where the silver dragon and the walls behind it once were, there is another long hall. The screen of your view does not extend deep enough down the hall for you to see its end; a drawback, perhaps an intended one, of this vertical viewpoint.

 No.742655

>Amy

Following after the events of: >>741459

Inside your head broils a churning storm, the likes of which you have not known for nearly thousands of years, not since you escaped Tartarus, not since the Sons of God exterminated the last of the titanic demons that once roamed the earth, and could control legions with but their mere presence.

It happened in an instant – as you arrived in the second section of the dungeon, together with your allies, you felt yourself awash in a sudden flow of Magatsuhi, welling up from what lay below you, deep, deep within the slumbering earth. It seemed targeted specifically at you, and as it overwhelmed you, the Devil's Instincts kicked in.

Pain.
Fury.
Bloodlust.
Hunger.
Agony.
Fear. Hatred. Avarice. Luxury. Sloth. Vitriol. Malice. Jealousy. Despair. Spite. Regret.

As the Magatsuhi welled up, it brought with it a storm of emotions, from the one who sent it – and in doing, it called up these from within you. Emotions you've experienced and conquered within yourself, emotions you've recognized in others, who were at their mercy.

Control and reason left you, as your body and soul, spurred into a frenzy for self-preservation, flew into action.

Something occurs to you: That portal you ran through – was your doing. You recall, in the haze that churns about your mind, sensing a presence when that Magatsuhi flowed around you. You – called to it. And it answered, with a gateway to itself.

But… you don't see it. Or much of anything or anyone else, for that matter.

Your head gradually begins to clear.

You see yourself, still from that top-down view of before, standing in a long hall. Running along the walls are deep, bowl-shaped firepits, and a there long rug beneath your paws, but something's off. Though the firepits are all alight, it's quite dark in here. The darkness settles over everything, including the fires, like a kind of filter that even the light of the flames cannot pierce. You are alone, as far as you can tell.

>roll spiritual perception

 No.742656

>>742654
>>742654
As the huge orb is rammed back into the Silver Dragon, and the explosion rocks the surrounding chamber, Shorthorns puts her shield down to block against the concussive force, putting herself in front of anyone who needs it.

As the light clears and the shaking stops, she looks towards the two walls taht were blocking their progress, smiling at their wreckage. "I think that's a win for us!" She stays, stomping her hooves in celebration. "That was actually kinda fun."

 No.742657

>>742475
>>742656
"Very painful in my case, be it was entertaining." Cloak nods, look back at his cinged cloak and cloth wrappings, seeing how some of the leather burnt into his flesh, "But what's done is done, we shouldn't dawdled while miss Amy Thest is gone."

 No.742658

>>742656
>>742657
River double-takes at Cloak's horrid burn, and immediately raises her spear, holding it over the wound. Golden light spread from the speartip, easing the pain of the burn. "I'm not yet skilled enough to mend armor, you'll need to turn to Shei for that, I'm afraid," she says.

 No.742659

>>742654
"My oh My! Quite the finale. So satisfying, so- hmm the static recedes from the senses.." Shei speaks to himself releshing the victory and but also an idea. "Be right back."

Shei-Sher wraps himself in his crimson cape and enters his small abode between dimensions. Into the felt and ivory corridors of the interior comparments of his cape he ambles in on his bandmates, The Malechim.

He knocks before interrupting "Hay guys, hate to interrupt the sesh but I had a proposition for one of you." Shei-Sher conjures up a Bulb of the Aspect of Darkness. "You see, I got this funny itch in the recesses of my psyche and puzzles really scratch it where I can't reach. So who here wants to make me a puzzle box? And I shall fabricate you a thing too."

 No.742660

>>742657
As Cloak points out his cinged cloak, Shorthorn cringes, "Ouch… sorry about that Cloak. But I think Shei or River can heal you, right?"

>>742658
Shorthorns smiles as River quickly sets into action. "See, just like that!"

 No.742661

>>742659
They stop their practice to consider your proposal, talking among themselves. At last, the three turn back to you.

"Allow me, and I will make you one that you will never solve," the triangle malak promises.
"Me, and I will make one that you will solve after much effort, with suitable reward," says the bass player.
"Myself, and I will make one that shall be solved quickly, and with a minor reward, but it shall reset itself, and make a new puzzle for your amusement and itch abatement."

 No.742662

https://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM
>Conjure Weapon: Bow [Flare, Ranged, Single, +1]

>>742654
Pryce looks ahead after the explosion clears, revealing the path ahead.
"I think we might have overdone it. But it's good to see we can overpower the trials left for us here."

 No.742663

>>742658
>>742659

"Thank you River, I appreciate the healing regardless." Leather nods politely. He looks to Shei to ask about the armor, only for him to disappear. "Ah, I shall wait."

 No.742664

>>742661
>"Allow me, and I will make you one that you will never solve,"
"I can't be so certain the thrill will still burn if the prize is only ashes."

>"Myself, and I will make one that shall be solved quickly, and with a minor reward, but it shall reset itself, and make a new puzzle for your amusement and itch abatement."

"I think I would more enjoy an collaborative endeavor, an exchange of gifts an wits. But with only one game I'll eventually get bored."

>"Me, and I will make one that you will solve after much effort, with suitable reward," says the bass player.

"Now we're talking."

Shei-Sher presents the materialized bulb of the Dark Aspect to the Base Playing Malechim. "You have my gratitude friend. Now what is it that you want, any hobbies or interests other than delirious downbeats? If it is within my power I shall smith it with much care and love."

 No.742665

>>742663
You see Shei-Sher is standing in place with his cape wrapped around himself in many layers. Speaking, visually to himself although when you recall the extra dimension in his cape you assume he is speaking with someone."

 No.742666

>>742664
"I shall present the terms of my payment once I am finished with the commissioned work," the bass player says. "But rest assured that I will not ask for something out of lockstep for what I shall craft."

>>742663
>>742662
>>742660
"We need to put together a little bell we can use to summon him," Gadriel says. "I heard from the others that he already had a habit of vanishing from time to time, right?" Gadriel says.
"I'd prefer to think of him as just being very independent," Zjetya says.
"An oddly generous interpretation," River says.
"He's still a kid, regardless of how old he claims to be," Zjetya says. "I'll save my grudges for the shit he does once he grows up."
"Yeah…" Gadriel sighs. "Alright, shall we head onward?"

 No.742667

>>742655

As Amy's reason returns to her, her first thought is that she's in Tartarus. Then, she looks around desperately for her friends, but they are nowhere to be seen. She supposes she is alone in Tartarus.

This thought weighs on her and rapidly turns into a panic. She sits down on the ground and hugs herself. "No, no, no, no, no," she mutters as tears well up in her eyes from memories of past traumas from Tartarus. She begins to hyperventilate.

"Please, anything but this," she gasps to herself between her short breaths.

>[1d10] spirit perception


Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.742668

>>742666
"Very well. Very Well. I await your request with bated breath" And with that Shei-Sher vanishes all at once from the extra dimensional plane as his cape unfurls from him quickly.

Shei-Sher's nose itches, upon scratching it he gleams a moment of clairvoyance "Somebody was talking behind my back." He double takes looking about the room.

 No.742669

>>742666
also if the party motions to move forward Shei follows with.

 No.742670

>>742668
"I was told you can mend armor?" Leather Cloak nods, noting the leather and cloth that was burnt into his flesh.

>>742666
"We shall." Leather confirms.

 No.742671

>>742667
As you huddle there, you see three figures approach from the south. You cannot see much of them, only that they are huddled about in a group, lingering at just the edge of your vision.

 No.742672

>>742666
>>742666
"A bell? No, what Shei needs is a leash." Shorthorns chuckles, shaking her head as she tries to levy the situation. "But, he's reliable when it counts. And it's gonna count pretty soon when we find Amy."

"So yeah, let's get going! She can't be too much further now."
>Flaming heads towards the blasted opening opposite from when they entered

 No.742673

>>742671

Amy looks up and sees the figures. She learned long ago that this is rarely a GOOD thing in Tartarus. Still, anything is better than being alone right now.

"H-hello," she calls out to them meekly from where she sits. She dares not approach them.

[1d10] to call out to them

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.742674

>>742670
Shei-Sher looks over your armor "Riiight.. Well undo the straps and I will take it in my care."

>>742672
>>742671
"Ba-ah!" He bleats "A leash to tame a tamer of demons. You think a leather belt can handle the Goat that handles a relationship with our future demoness queen

 No.742675

>>742666
"He comes through in the end, we shouldn't need to worry on him."
Pryce comments to Gadriel.
"Yes, let's move on."
Pryce says, taking the lead down the tunnel.

 No.742676

>>742674
Leather begins to peel away the cloak from his charred flesh, grimacing as he sees some flesh leave with it. "Will you want every cloth wrapping too?"

 No.742677

>>742668
"That'd be us," Gadriel says.
"We can repeat the conversation if you want," River offers.

>>742670
>>742668
>>742672
>>742675
>>742674
It is as you reach the visible boundary of the screen, that you notice something odd. Your view of the scene never changes, no matter where in the room you move; it is only once you reach the edge of the screen, and head further south, that the screen moves with you – and it only moves once you are all gathered at the edge of it and moving south as a group. This was less apparent before, when you entered the room where the game took place, as the statues of the gold, silver and bronze dragons commanded the most attention. But now that you're moving through a less visually busy hall, it is unavoidable to see.

You pass through three such screens' worth of hallway, at which point, you reach a fourth one, wherein the hall ends. At the end of the corridor is a high altar, with four guardian beast statues at its corners, and atop the altar, seated on an old velvet cushion, is a crystalline orb ensconced in a small case that looks like a palanquin. The orb is of pink color, and is perfectly clear.

"Is that our reward for clearing the room?" Gadriel asks.
"It's either a key to the other areas, or serves some other purpose deeper in," Zjetya suggests.

>>742673
After a moment of hesitation, the three figures get closer. You can see that it is none other than Busta, Volkama, and Deriva, the three other members of your party afflicted with the curses of demonkind. None of them look to be particularly well, but at least they cling to some vestiges of sanity, like you. As they recognize you, they stop, and fall to the ground, plainly exhausted. You can see that their eyes are bloodshot, and they occasionally twitch, holding themselves back from falling prey to muscle spasms.
"You…" Busta stammers. "D-did you… get here through a portal too?"
"Happened to us, as well," Volkama strains, leaning on a wall, holding Deriva steady. "Current of Magatsuhi… then, a presence… now, we're here."

 No.742678

>>742677
"That, or it could be another trial."
Pryce says cautiously. He walks up to the altar, waiting to see if anything happens from him getting close.

 No.742679

>>742677
As the 'screen' moves as they reach the edge of the screen, Shorthorn grits her teeth. "Oooogh… that's jarring. Is the dungeon slow? Why did it take so long to follow to where we were when we left the room?"

As they enter the third hallway, Shorthorn grunts in annoyance at the shifts, where they notice the altar at the end of the hall. As she looks at the orb placed upon the pedestal, she looks to Zjetya and Gadriel.

"Could it also be a trap?" She asks, waiting to see what happens as Pryce takes the initiative to investigate.

 No.742680

>>742677
"No that's fine. I think my imagination will do." He looks to them with trained eyes and a wry face expressing something between amusement and annoyance

>>742676
>>742677
The Goat gets to work- pronto on Leather's armor, though the work is brief it is apparent on glance he takes much pride in the elegance and quality of the work.

He carries a few needles in his mouth while with simply the touches of his hoof he mends together the leather and rotates needs needles to stitch intricate weaves for sturdiness and agility.

Though at some parts of the screen he cannot see the armor, Shei feels inexplicable sensory detail for the leather he is working

>TINKER: Can repair broken objects, restore negative quality weapons to +0, fix up worn down loot to make it more valuable or get a poorly working mechanism back into shape.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.742681

>>742677

At first, Amy doesn't believe her eyes. She hates being tricked by the things in Tartarus. But, she also learned at some point to just play along with whatever happens. When reality loses meaning, so does being tricked. So, might as well just have fun.

Besides, when Volkama says things he thoroughly doesn't understand, she comes to the conclusion that it must be the real him. Why bother tricking her with things that don't mean anything to her?

Her tail wags as she decides that these really are her friends. "Hi guys!" she says, hugging them all in turn. "I thought I was going to be alone! Does everyone want a potion?" she asks as she hands out potions to each of them.

[1d10+4] Natural Remedy if roll is necessary

Roll #1 8 + 4 = 12

 No.742682

>>742677
>>742678

"The last orbs we dealt with were incredibly painful." Leather nods, agreeing with Pryce.

 No.742683

>>742676
"uuuhmm NO." His repulsion for the flesh stained cloth wrapping slips out "You just leave the armor in my care."

see
>>742680

>>742676
Shei has not even payed any mind to his surroundings. His sole attention has been at the small project you've given him. He gives the armor to you after it is done. "There we are, my handiwork should be more than serviceable I think you will find."

Upon close inspection you can see fine engravings of goats frolicking and playing horns on the interior parts of your armor. An unnecessary and unasked for detail.

 No.742684

>>742681
They each take one, murmuring their gratitude as you pass them out. They drink, and their countenances visibly improve, stress and pain easing away.

>Will be testing the psychic HP mechanic during this dungeon; currently, Psychic HP = (Hits*Wounds)/2. Healing performed with Mind- or Dhyana-attribute catalysts can restore Psychic HP; 10% regained on normal success, 20% on crit, 10% lost on critfail.


"That's better," Busta says. "So, uh… do you know where we are? Or why the bonfires here don't really seem to light up the area?"

>>742678
>>742679
"Makes me think of almost like a picture book," Zjetya says. "Or a comic, or a manga…"
"Never thought I'd be with a mare with such refined tastes in literature," River snorts.
"Yes, and I say that with absolute sincerity," Zjetya says. "Count yourself lucky."

In any case, nothing happens as Pryce approaches the altar. The crystal orb waits there, showing no reactions.

>>742682
>>742680
The damage is undone, and the armor is fully protective once more.

 No.742685

>>742684
"If we're lucky this might give us our normal vision back."
Pryce says as the mares discuss books. As nothing happens, Pryce reaches out to grab the orb with his fire hoof.

 No.742686

>>742684
>"Yes, and I say that with absolute sincerity," Zjetya says. "Count yourself lucky."
"Zjetya! I thought my days of worship were over but clearly I was wrong. I don't know how I could repent however.. Allie didn't allow that sort of reading material in his Tower."

>>742684
Shei-Sher walks up to the pink orb and gives it a good ole eyeballing
>appraise
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.742687

>>742683
>>742684
Leather Cloak looks impassively at the details now added to his leather cloak, looking back up to Shei, "Thank you, Shei-Sher."

Leather then turns his attention to what happens when Pryce takes the orb.

 No.742688

>>742684
"A picture book seems more like what we went through back at the Temple of Slipper. This is… different, kinda." Shorthorns says, not entirely sure how to express herself. "I'm not really sure how to describe it."

As Pryce approaches the alter, and no reactions occur, Shorthorns stands ready, looking towards Pryce prepared to move should anything happen if he touches it.

Or Shei, for that matter, as she sees him approach it next.

 No.742689

>>742684

"We're either in Tartarus…" Amy says as she looks around. "Or nowhere," she concludes with a nod as if that makes perfect sense.

 No.742690

>>742686
"Sounds to me like he just had bad taste," Zjetya counters.

>>742688
>>742685
>>742686
>>742687
Nothing changes when Pryce takes the orb from its pedestal, nor as a result of you having the orb in your possession. "Maybe we need another item for it to do something?" River hazards.
"Hrm," Gadriel muses. "I think it'd do us less good to just bounce hypotheticals around. We haven't been down the other paths branching from the second room, have we? I think the answer would lie there."

>>742689
"If only I could borrow some of your earnest simplicity at times," Volkama laments.
"I don't think it's the former," Busta says. "All of that hullabaloo Mudi made about the Garment of the Founder wouldn't make sense if we could just be pulled into Tartarus. And the latter…"

He shakes his head, dismissing the chance offhand. "Let's try finding the others. Maybe we can raise them on the conch? Or…"

He looks to the north, then the south. "There's a way we can go in either direction. Which one you wanna try?"

 No.742691

>>742690
Leather nods again, "Let us retrace our steps back to where we came from."

 No.742692

>>742690
"Guh." his eyes roll back in a way that says -Tell me about it- it is relief and disdain at the same time. "You should read some of his poetry. Don't say that around Volkama though- he seems get a genuine thrill from the literature."

>>742690
>We haven't been down the other paths branching from the second room, have we? I think the answer would lie there."
"I wonder if all these rooms have keys, or if the operators beyond have already determined our moves. Nevertheless, your judgement is reasonable enough. Let's press on."

Shei elects to start backtracking, but waits at the edge of the screen for everyone else to come as well.

 No.742693

>>742690
As Pryce picks it up to no ill effect, Shorthorn eyes it with suspicion, "Hmmm… well, so long as it isn't doing anything dangerous, I guess it can't hurt to take it. You're probably right and we DO need it for something else in the dungeon."

"So, we go back to that intersection we were at when we lost Amy, right? There were two other directions to check out? I don't see any other way forward here."

 No.742694

>>742690

"You haven't tried using your conch yet?"

Amy starts marching to the north. "Naturally, if we go anywhere, that means we'll be going somewhere. Which means we won't be nowhere anymore. So, we'll get out of here."

[1d10] to get somewhere!

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.742695

>>742690
"Huh, thought something would've happened."
Pryce mutters as nothing happens or changes. He puts the orb in his cloak, stepping down to rejoin the others.

He nods in agreement with the others.
"Right. Let's see what the other ways had for us."

 No.742696

>>742693
>>742692
>>742691
Back once more in the central room, there are three paths available to you; the door to the West was held with a simple lock, while the door to the East was barred with a mechanical trap, as Cloak discerned. The door to the North, nobody has tried yet – but earlier, Shorthorned had attempted to divine what lay down it via her Monstrance Mirror, only for her scrying to end when it reached a high wall at the end of the Northern path.

>>742694
"Er, well…" Busta says. "I… was hoping that you would use the conch, actually."

"As near as I can tell, we all got here no sooner or later than you did," Volkama says. "And with our minds submerged in a flow of magatsuhi, can you blame us for not thinking of so elegantly simple a solution?"

As you talk together with the trio (Deriva only vaguely chiming in with a word or sentence fragment or two), you note that the northern path slopes subtly downward, at an incline so slight that it's hardly noticeable. What you do notice, however, is that gradually, the screen becomes darker and darker, the more that you descend along this path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTbPe_u4Ugw

>"'Confound it all!' Volkama says. 'Now I can't see a blasted… thing…?'"


>What will you do?

>>Turn back
>>Press onward
>>Item
>>Enter Command: _____

Volkama's words, and the prompts below them, appear in the utter and impenetrable blackness. It is the only thing that you can see or feel, for even the floor beneath you can no longer be felt, having seemingly fell away. Though you received no formal education in the Equish tongue or script, you can somehow understand the words before you perfectly, as if their meaning transcended the characters in which they were rendered, communicating directly to you.

>"'It's just like when we got to the second area…' Busta says. "'Well… more like when we got dumped there unceremoniously. We were in the middle of that area you could see from the side, when everything started to rearrange itself around us.'"

>"'That happened to you as well!?' Volkama bursts."

 No.742697

>>742696
Shorthorns looks at the available directions, turning to look towards the North again as she wonders why her scrying wouldn't let her see it. Feeling a sense of dread, she looks instead to the west. "The WEst only has a simple lock on it, let's see if we can break it."

 No.742698

>>742696

>"Well… I wonder what would happen if we used it now…"


>use Caller Conch

 No.742699

>>742696
Cloak investigates the Northmost door for traps.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.742700

>>742696
Pryce looks to the three remaining doors.
"I wonder if there's a way to tell which one would relate to this orb… The less backtracking we do the better."
Pryce takes out the orb, looking from it to the doors to see if there might be any mark or reaction.

 No.742701

>>742698
>"The Caller Conch waits for you to enter a Conch Code."

>Who will you call?


It displays a list of all the members of the Saviors, whose Conch Codes you have, as well as anyone else you may have obtained a code from in your journey.

 No.742702

>>742699
>>742700
There are neither locks nor traps nor enchantments upon the Northern door, nor do any of the doors react to the orb that you obtained from the hall at the end of the Southern path.

 No.742703

>>742702
>>742697
Leather nods to Flaming, "Go right ahead, if you'd like to do so yourself. I would hate to waste ammo on a lock."

 No.742704

>>742696
On the walk back, Shei-Sher has retrieved blank music staff paper from his cape. He holds about a dozen pinched between his hoof as he writes on them with an inked quill. He mummurs bars of writing to himself in vah dum dum dums and similar noises as he occupies himself with musical writing.

Shei puts away the sheet music once they enter the central room. "Gadriel, can you divine which door will lead us to Amy or if we must pass both trials? I'll get to work disarming the remaining doors"

Shei flies out liquid mercury from a vial of his. It hovers in his hoof before he sends it into the mechanical offices of the Eastern Door.

>Tinker

[1d10+1] to Unlock Eastern Door

Dark Sphere Affinity
[1d10+1] for supernatural use of Mercury

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3

 No.742705

>>742701

>Call Shei

 No.742706

>>742702
"Nothing… Well any of these paths will do then."
Pryce comments as he puts the orb away, leaving the door decisions to the others.

 No.742707

>>742705
>>742704
Before Shei can put in much work on undoing the Western door's lock, he receives a call on his conch. The sound effects display in text for Amy, Volkama, Busta and Deriva.

 No.742708

>>742707
>>742706
>>742703
>>742697
>>742696
"Oi! I'm receiving a call from Amy."

>>742705
"Hello this is Shei-Sher speaking." He somehow can't help but open the conversation over the conch like that.

 No.742709

>>742708

>"Hi, Shei," Amy says, hoping that an actual voice is associated with the call. "I'm nowhere. Are you somewhere? Can you hear me?"

 No.742710

>>742707
>>742704
As Shei moves towards the Western door to see if he can tinker with it, Shorthorns is initially content to stand back and see what he can do. However, as the call from Amy comes through, her attention is immediately pulled else where, jumping all up over Shei as the conch calls.

"You have Amy?! That's great! Where is she, is she safe? Amy can you hear me!" She shouts loudly in Shei's ear.

 No.742711

>>742708
"Amy's calling? Is she alright?"

 No.742712

>>742707
>>742711
>>742710
>>742709
"Yes We can hear. Everyone's still here and we're working on finding you."

Shei-Sher hands the conch over to Gadriel "You've expanded on your powers of divination -correct? Let's put them to the test."

Shei-Sher continues to speak to Amy as Gadriel holds the conch now "Amy can you describe to use where you're at and also how you're feeling?" He turns to Gadds "If that helps."

 No.742713

>>742712

>"I told you, I'm nowhere. I literally can't describe it better. I can't see anything, including myself. I don't even think if I can feel anything. Like literally feel, not emotionally. Actually… I'm not sure how I'm using this conch right now…"


>Amy interprets the how she's feeling bit to be concern over her attacking them again.


>"I-I'm sorry about last time. I think something targeted me specifically with that megasushi. It caught me off guard. But, I'm pretty sure I know how to block it now. I promise, it won't happen again! Did I hurt anyone?"

 No.742714

>>742712
>>742713
"That's going to make it really difficult to find you… can you feel anything beneath your hooves, are you STANDING on anything even or is it like a big black void?"

As she asks if she hurt anyone, she shakes her head (as if she could see it) "Of course not! Even if you lost control, *I'M* here, remember?"

"Are you all alone, is anything with you?"

 No.742715

>>742713
>>742712
>>742711
>>742710
>>742703
"Megasushi, huh?" Gadriel sighs, rolling his eyes (which Amy can see through the descriptive text). "Yeah, it's Amy alright, I thought that voice might have been an imposter…"

He snorts. "Amy, I'm gonna try to divine your location and figure a way to get to you. While I do that, I'll need you to give me as strong a signal as you can. Since we can only really hear you on the conch, why don't you tell me about all the people and terminology you've encountered on your journey so far?"

He holds up his crystal ball, shutting his eyes as he focuses intently.

[1d10+2]

>"'Deriva, Busta and myself are here as well,' Volkama says. 'Keep your mind's eye on us in your scrying to aid you. T'will be simplicity itself if we focus our souls with Amy's.'"


Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.742716

>>742714

>"I'm not even sure I HAVE hooves…"


>"Busta, Volkama, and…"


>Amy pauses. She actually doesn't know Deriva's name.


>"What's your name again?" Amy asks Deriva (assuming she's some manner of present).

 No.742717

>>742715
>>742716

>"DERIVA! That's it! I totally knew all along!"

 No.742718

>>742715
"It is good to know she has some semblance of control over herself again." Leather notes as the others converse.

 No.742719

>>742713
"You're… nowhere?"
Pryce questions.
"You did jump through a portal, so who knows where you could've ended up with how this labyrinth works. Maybe it put you in a jail for anypony who tries to bypass the normal paths here."

 No.742720

>>742717
>"'…Wow. After all I've done for you,' Deriva sighs."
>"'I can't say that I'm pleased, either, Amy,' Volkama adds with a grumble."

 No.742721

>>742696
>>742713
"Nowhere?.." Shei-Sher wonders if she is losing dimensions to her being as her descent gains. He waits silently for Gadriel to work his divination.

>>742717
>>742715
Shei is reading all of Amy's idiosyncrasies. He remarks to Gadriel "There was never a doubt."

 No.742722

>>742715
>>742716
"Really? How did they get in there?" She shakes her head, "Wait, do YOU remember how you got in there? I assume you lost your memory after what happened befoer but, what's the earliest thing you can remember after taking off?!"

 No.742723

>>742721
>>742719
>>742718
>>742717
>>742714
"What in the…" Gadriel eventually says, looking at his crystal ball from every angle to make sure it's right. He eventually heads to the northern door, motioning for you all to come with him. "Come with me north, I need to check something!"

You follow him north for a few screens, as he requested. The northern path widens out with each screen that you pass through, until the path extends to be the breadth of the screen itself.

At last, you reach it: A massive marble wall. Its surface is marked with engravings of stern-looking knights, impassively staring outward at the horizon. Even from this top-down view, you can see that it has no openings, handles, or locks, except for three round indentations in its surface. The center indentation is pink, the one to the right is green, and the one to the left is orange.

"Yep, just what I thought," Gadriel says. "Okay. Amy, you're super deep down. Almost at the limit of what I can scan for. But, I'm seeing somewhat of a trail between you and us that we can use to navigate through here. Right now we're in front of a big barrier that was very nearly cutting off the trail thanks to its sealing properties, but I'm not seeing many ways around it except to unlock it… unless any of you want to try making a way around with your new divine powers."

 No.742724

>>742720

>"I'm SORRY! But, have we ever like… EVER had a conversation before?"


>>742719

>"I don't know where. That's why it's call know-where."


>>742722
>>742721

"I think Shei has the right idea. At first, we could see ourselves. But, then we kept going to try to get somewhere, but then we were even more nowhere. Now, I can't even see or feel."

>>742723

"Okay… So what do I do?"

 No.742725

>>742724
>>742723
"I think I can do something. Maybe, I can at least try. If their periphery reality still recognizes what sound is it could work. -Gadds gold the conch up to my guitar." Shei-Sher slings his guitar over toward the conch and begins playing.

>Shepherd's Tone: one effect per 6 turns, stackable, negates resistances; Divinity transposed through rock and roll. Play a song that invokes profoundly visceral effects upon all your enemies or allies on the field to either alter their behavior or status condition. When using this ability describe the effect and purpose and whether it is for allies or enemies. Based on the description of the effect and purpose the DM may attach any status conditions at his discretion. Player may describe environmental effects on planes where the environment is nebulous i.e. dreams, astral plane, chaotic planes, etc. This ability automatically succeeds upon feared targets and a successful roll will amplify the effect. As Psychic HP decreases in targets, effects of Sherpherd's Tone become more dramatic/severe. Can only be used for one effect every 6 turns. Any Status conditions remaining dispells after 6 turns. If the effected party surrenders due to this ability the behavioral condition is more permanent.


>Player may describe environmental effects on planes where the environment is nebulous i.e. dreams, astral plane, chaotic planes, etc.


https://voca.ro/d4aDQYLhUee
[1d10+1] To give some physical reality to the transmission on the other side of the conch.

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.742726

>>742723
>>742721
>>742719
>>742718
As Amy suggests this being tied to the 'perspectives' that let them see themselves, Shorthorns blinks, "OH! That's probably it! You can't see or hear anything anymore because the 'camera' isn't looking at you anymore! It must be looking at where you 'were'… or, perhaps trying to find you but can't? Maybe you're out of bounds."

As Gadriel leads them to the Northern door, Shorthorns follows through the screens until they reach the marble wall. "Well, I guess we just figured out what our pink sphere is for. But it looks like we need two others."

She puts her hooves down on the floor, "Last time I tried this, it closed up right away, but maybe I can make a shortcut down to the next floor if I re-shape the stone floor beneath us…

[1d10] Using Sphere of Dark to make a cylindrical hole in the stone floor, a shortcut

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.742727

>>742724
>"'My demonic fusion was so poor and dysfunctional that I could barely utter more than a word,' Deriva admits. 'But, you could have at least called me Volkama's wife.'"
>"'See if I offer you any healing down in Tartarus,' Volkama adds."
>"'Oh, you will," Deriva says. 'For she needs to come back so I can make sure she does not forget me.'"

 No.742728

>>742725
>>742723
Mulligan because I gotta go get dinner, be back in 15-20 minutes

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.742729

>>742723
Pryce follows Gadriel as he goes off to check the north. When they come to the smooth marble wall, with Gadriel speaking of it blocking the path to Amy, Pryce looks it over. He scans the engravings of the knights, wondering if they have any clues. When he glances across the indentations, he stops. He takes the pink orb from his cloak, and puts it into the center pink indentation.

 No.742730

>>742726
>>742723
"This odd perspective magic has kept me confused, but if you think it'll work, go for it." Leather watches the results of Shorthorns' magic.

 No.742731

>>742727

>"YOU TWO ARE MARRIED!?"


>"I just remember you as jam lady…"


>>742726

>"Oooh! Like the scene hasn't loaded yet! That's kinda cool!"

 No.742732

>>742730
>>742729
>>742726
>>742725
Shorthorns makes a fairly deep cylindrical pit, but through she gets about fifteen meters deep with the hole, she does not break through to the other side, assuming there is one below her. "Huh, it's a lot deeper than the previous area," Gadriel says. "And I don't sense any sort of barriers we've hit yet…"

>>742725
>>742724
>>742731
>"'We can't all be harlots,' Deriva answers."
>"'Damn it mare!' Volkama protests. 'I wanted to say that!'"

As Shei plays his music, sight and sensation come back once more… in a fashion. The prompts and text are still visible, but they have moved to the bottom of the screen, and what takes up the majority of the screen now is a view of the stone hall they were in earlier, only this time, in a low resolution, and very blocky, sprite-like even. As before, Amy can see herself and her small group, but they too are in a low resolution depiction, unlike how the others can see themselves as they usually are, but from above.

 No.742733

>>742732
>>742724
>forgot to add

"Well, it's hard to say not knowing how you got yourself down there," Gadriel says. "My advice would be to just try to get yourself back on a path toward your goal. We've heard that Tartarus operates based on the desires of the ones exploring it. Maybe this place operates on similar principle…? How'd you even get there to begin with, do you remember?"

 No.742734

>>742732
"If I assume right, the other two paths to the east and west would have two more orbs for undoing this barrier. It looks possible to dig down with Flaming's power, though it seems like it might take longer to do so without any clue to where we're going."

 No.742735

>>742732

>"I have a boyfriend!" Amy responds to Deriva defensively. "You're not jam lady anymore! Now you're just mean lady!"


>>742732
>>742729

>"Hey, that worked kinda! I can see and feel again! Everything looks really low budget, though… We're gonna keep going for now."


>Head north

 No.742736

>>742732
>>742734
Shorthorns looks down into the hole dejectedly, grumbling as she sees it does not make it all the way through. "They're THAT far apart?! This can't be a normal dungeon… but, then I already knew that I guess."

She shakes her head, "I guess we can't short-cut that easily. If we found one pearl to the south, we must find the other two to the east and west. Think it'll be faster if we split up or should we stick together for safety?"

 No.742737

>>742736
"The dungeon hasn't shifted again, and I would think if those tunnels are needed for this barrier, they shouldn't split apart. But, I still feel sticking together would be the safer bet."

 No.742738

>>742736
>>742732

"Splitting up to find a way to Amy sounds incredibly dangerous considering how dangerous some of these other encounters have been, I think it would be best if we continue on as we have been searching for her."

 No.742739

>>742735
>>742732

>perception [1d10]


Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.742740

>>742736
>>742737
>>742738
"Well, I guess that's settled…?" Gadriel hazards.
"Yeah, and it seems like we can't move from panel to panel unless we're all together," Zjetya says. "Don't wanna see what splitting up will do to us then. Let's save the tunneling option for if the puzzles prove too long or boring."
"Not everything must be entertaining…" River complains.

>>742735
>>742739
>"'For the record, I have always been mean lady,' Deriva says with no small amount of pride. 'I would have vocalized it before, had I not been unable to speak.'"
>"'I don't know if I agree with that assessment,' Busta says. 'But maybe you and Chorazin could have tag-teamed the others when they were clowning around.'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO9ZA2Wd9_s

As you go further north, you note that the clean stonework around you falls away, as if this part of the dungeon were unfinished, as it were. What was once a rigid and orderly hallway becomes a long and gnarled tunnel through the earth. You note that there is still a rug beneath your paws, and bonfires in deep sconces about you. Smells of various chemicals fill the air, ancient though they may be, and fragments of stone tablets lay about, their contents indecipherable.

>You eventually reach a T-intersection, and can sense a presence of dubious origin to the West.


>What will you do?

>>Go back South
>>Head West
>>Head East
>>Item
>>Enter Command: _____

 No.742741

>>742740
>>742738
>>742736
>>742728
"Let's head back then. The west door had a simple lock on it, correct? We can try that path first."

 No.742742

>>742740
>>742738
>>742737
"Right, I guess we're gonna have to stick together then. In that case, I'm going to see if I can take down the West door's lock."

Shorthorns leads the charge back to the intersection hall, moving towards the western door to see if a good head-butt could loosen up the lock blocking their path
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.742743

(add +3 modifier for all or nothing)

 No.742744

>>742741
>>742740
>>742742

Leather nods and follows along, seeing if Shorthorn's attempt works.

 No.742745

>>742740

>Head West

 No.742746

>>742740
>"Not everything must be entertaining…" River complains.
"Is that why you don't read manga?"

>>742741
>>742740
"Agreed and Agreed. Have to say I'm loving the Deriva with a voice."
Shei-Sher heads out to the central room again.

If the West Door i still locked. He gets back to work on it.

>tinker

[1d10+1]

>DarkII affinity

[1d10+1] mercury

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 3 + 1 = 4

 No.742747

>>742746
"'Twas never a luxury afforded to me," River says.
"Poor girl," Zjetya says. "I'll educate you with Regina's help."
"Oh, I heard lots and lots about what she's got on her shelf," River laughs. "How do they manage to keep such an elaborate transformation from being interrupted in battle?"

>>742746
>>742742
>>742741
>>742744
The lock breaks under Flaming's strike, and you proceed through the hallway just beyond that, after which is another door – a quick check reveals that it is locked, but not trapped, but it too is a simple matter to break down. You step into what lies beyond: An eye-catching sight to be sure:

What lies before you is a room full of treasure; hills of gold coins, valleys of elaborate rugs and decorous tapestries, ponds of precious gemstones. Weapons of inestimable value and power simply lay about, sticking out of the magnificent treasure landscape without a care in the world for their security, save two locked doors.

There is so much treasure here that you cannot tell whether there is another exit to this room.

>>742745
Further west you travel, seeing in the process ample evidence that this portion of the dungeon was once some manner of laboratory – ancient stains, burn marks, smoke marks, and the scattered remnants of now useless experimental technology attest to that.

>Eventually, partway down the tunnel, you come within sight of a floating spirit, in the shape of a rather pudgy lindwyrm, but not one of a physical body. Aetherial, ghastly and yellow-black in color, it appears to be an embodiment of alchemical sulfur.


>Sulfuric Lindwyrm x1 floats near!

>>Attack
>>Skill
>>Speak
>>Item
>>Run
>>Enter Command

 No.742748

>>742747
"I do not think it safe to trust a treasure room of this demonic maze, we came here to disable it's magic, not loot it. I would not advise giving into the slightest bit of avarice." Cloak says sternly, "But I would hope that's the general consensus."

 No.742749

>>742747
As they step out into the room full of treasure, spread far and wide from room to room, Shorthorns eyes open widely, turning down to look at Spark in her bag as she puts a hoof down on him to calm him down before the inevitable freak out.

>>742748
>>742747
"Yeah, I'm not the smartest buffalo under the son, but even *I* know a trap when I smell one. And this stinks."

She looks around the treasure, "Still, I can't see an exit anywhere. I think we have to dig through it at least."

 No.742750

>>742747
>"Whoa, look at all this stuff!"
KP says in awe as they walking into what looks like a treasury.

Pryce holds at the door, eyeing around the room cautiously.
"If this is a storage cell for them, I doubt they'd keep this behind two old locks. Nopony touch anything."
He says, spreading his wings to hover up for a higher view for any more doors.
>Perception [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.742751

>>742749
>>742750
>>742747
>but even *I* know a trap when I smell one
Shei rings the cleft of his hoof over his eye as if it were telescopic.
"Obviously, yeah! but is that really going to stop us from trying?"

Shei-Sher expands his aura to visualizes the traps and appraises with his eyes any items that are cursed.

>appraise

[1d10+1]

>Phase Aura

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3

 No.742752

>>742747

>speak


>"Hi, friend! What brings you here?"

 No.742753

>>742752

>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC -4


Roll #1 9 + 4 = 13

 No.742754

>>742749
Spark scrambles about in your bag, gnawing and clawing at your hoof in his attempts to get out and claim his share of the plunder. You manage to keep him in place, though he still zooms around in the bag, filled with a spastic avarice that calls up endless youthful energy.

>>742751
>>742750
>>742748
>>742749
Pryce and Shei manage to spy two doors at the northwest and southwest corners of the room, the outlines of the doors barely visible over the heaps of treasure surrounding them. The northwestern door is ajar, while the southwestern door is closed. And it does not take any great feats of spiritual perception to sense a bad energy all over the vast majority of the treasure in the room. Extending any of your aetherial senses results in cold prickly feelings about your bodies.

"Question is, how do we get over there?" Zjetya wonders aloud.

>>742753
>"'Oh, well, I live here,' the Lindwyrm says. 'But I've been hankering to go back up to the surface once more lately… things haven't been so good down here as of late.'"
>"'I'm sorry to hear that,' Busta says. 'Can you tell us why?'"
>"'We've known for a while that a group of fools would be coming down here once more. It happens every few centuries, not much to write about… except this time, the Capo thinks they might actually be able to reach the Great Seal. We'll have to eliminate the lot of them.'"
>Volkama snorts.

Sulfuric Lindwyrm x1 floats near!
>>Attack
>>Skill
>>Speak
>>Item
>>Run
>>Enter Command

 No.742755

>>742754

>"Well, that sounds like a good reason to go run away for now! At the very least, you should go on a little vacation. You don't want to get caught up in all that violence!"


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 6 + 4 = 10

 No.742756

>>742754
>Tsiba: Passive/Auto-Instant; As an Auto-Instant action, you are able to jump between any of the different ranges in combat, except for Burrowed (ie, can move from Far (player) to Far (enemy), from Melee to Aerial, etc). As a Passive, this ability also enables you to jump multiple times in the air by solidifying light beneath your hooves and kicking off of it. If you can already fly, you can use this to gain +2 to dodge and other movement-focused rolls while flying. If used to evade an attack, make a roll. The DC for success is (Attack Roll -1). On failure, critical or regular, you take half-damage.

Leather walks atop small beams of light to look over the scene from above, rubbing his chin with his hoof. "I could ferry one, maybe two if they're light, but most of the light ones can already fly."

 No.742757

>>742755
>"'I would, but I can't exactly do that when work is right in front of me, can I?' the Lindwyrm says."
>"'I suppose we don't exactly blend in here, do we, being all demon?' Deriva asks."
>"'Unfortunately, no,' the Lindwyrm says. 'Sorry, but you're the ones who need to leave, either on your own, or in a dustpan.'"

Sulfuric Lindwyrm x1 floats near!
>>Attack
>>Skill
>>Speak
>>Item
>>Run
>>Enter Command

 No.742758

>>742754
Shorthorns grumbles as she keeps a soft but firm grip on the rambunctious, high-energy little dragon in her saddlebag. "Spark, no! I know it's all very pretty but none of that treasure's any good! I promise when I find safe treasure, you can have it. Promise!"

>>742754
"Well, at least we know where the exits are now… but we can't get to either of them without touching the gold. I wonder…."

Shorthorns' eyes open wide, and she puts her hoof down on the stone floor. "One more time. I could only make a hole before… but this time a hole is all I need!"

[1d10] Making a small hole near a gold pile to see if we can let the shifting floor / gravity move it with no consequence
Sphere of Dark

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.742759

>>742758
Gadriel busts up laughing.

You accomplish nothing.

 No.742760

>>742754
"Ahh drat, it's all cursed. Alright then. Well I could fly over to the door and make a Dark corridor so none of us touch the treasures."

Shei's cape splits and forms Crimson wings. He flaps his wings as he carries himself mid-air over to the northwestern door.
[Do I need a roll?]

>>742756
"Right-o. Almost seems too easy. Well lets get on with it."

 No.742761

>>742757

>"This is your only warning. We're strong enough to reach the seal. We're strong enough to kill what's on the other side. You stand no chance. Don't throw your life away. The world is about to change for the better. It would be so sad to die right before you get to see it."


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 9 + 4 = 13

 No.742762

>>742754
"Getting over there is one thing, clearing the doors is another. We don't even know what this treasure can do."

>>742754
>>742760
Pryce looks over as Shei opt to fly over. His horn glows white, and he puts his hoof on Shei's shoulder before he takes off to give some shielding from whatever magic lies in the gold, to be safe.
>Palisade [Self and Shei] [1d10]
>Recharge 3 after effect ends; Create an anti-magic barrier around you which protects you and one other who is close enough to touch. Completely nullifies all Spell-tagged effects and attacks which contact the barrier, except those of you and your chosen ally. Non-spells and physical attacks are unaffected, but any modifiers which they get from Spell-tagged effects are removed when calculating their effect against you. Lasts 3 turns.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.742763

>>742759
>>742758
Shorthorns stares angrily at Gadriel, snorting out of her nostrils to try and make him cut the laughter as she tries again, pressing her hooves to the stone to try and make a small pitfall to see if she can move the treasure that way

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.742764

>>742763
"S-sorry, sorry," Gadriel says, bowing his head. "But when you said 'a hole is all I need,' then…" he grimaces. "You know what, let's move on."

>>742762
>>742758
>>742760
>>742756
>>742763
"Is it not only Shorthorned who cannot fly?" River asks. "I think we can manage to lift her if we cooperate, even considering her recent growth spurt."

Those of you who can fly manage to make your way over to the northwestern doorway, with Zjetya and River carrying KP and the pets. However, the doorways are still blocked by the great deal of treasure laying afore them.

Once Shorthorns manages to get a pitfall going, however, it really gets going. Treasure from all sides starts to spill into the pitfall, which is just shy of fifteen meters deep. No negative consequence appears to come from simply moving the treasure; the dark feelings manage to stay just where they are.

"Looks like that's safe enough," Zjetya says. "Try it again, see if we can clear out a door."

>>742761
>"The Lindwyrm rolls its eyes. 'Look… it's either me or the Capo, alright? Just get out of here before long, and I won't make a big deal of it or report you. Just because you can reach the Great Seal, doesn't mean what lies down there is going to be worth it…. why'd you come down here, anyway? And I heard that there were more of you.'"

Sulfuric Lindwyrm x1 floats near!
>>Attack
>>Skill
>>Speak
>>Item
>>Run
>>Enter Command

 No.742765

>>742764

>"We're gonna solve the demon problem!" Amy says proudly.


>"So, how DO we get to the seal…?"


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 3 + 4 = 7

 No.742766

>>742764
Shorthorns turns her head at Gadriel, "What's so funny about needing a hole?"

>>742764
Shorthorns snorts, "Whatever you need to fly me over, I could probably jump it now! My legs feel pretty mighty since I ascended."

As the hole forms underneath the treasure, causing much of the treasure to fall safely out of the way, she grins, looking around as she sees no consequence. "That works! Alright, now I'll try clearing the door."

She turns towards the slightly ajar Northwest doorway, forming another pit to move the treasure out of their path so they won't touch it.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.742767

>>742764
On the other side of the treasure Shei-Sher calls over to Gadds asking him "And this hole? What would you say she was trying to fill it with? Would it be something of a bright shiny texture. Something like a small metallic disk. Whats the word?"

 No.742768

>>742766
[1d10] One more time!

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.742769

>>742764
Pryce hovers in the air, while KP holds on tightly as he's carried.
"Didn't think just moving it would work. Guess this is simpler than I thought it'd be."

 No.742770

>>742769
>>742764
"Not everyone can fly, it usually isn't part of typical design choice." Leather notes, watching Shorthorns work her magic.

 No.742771

>>742770
"Still, I would think moving the gold in any way would trigger something."

 No.742772

>>742765
>"'On paper, it's simple,' the Lindwyrm replies. 'Get through the Branches, into the Roots, and then get past the Capo.'"
>"'The Branches…' Volkama says. 'It's not quite an alchemic term in the traditions with which I am familiar, but if we follow along the lines of metaphoric thought, my sulfuric friend, it must have something to do with the branching paths of this labyrinth, yes?'"
>"'That's right,' the Lindwyrm says.
>"'So the Roots would be the Capo's lair,' Busta adds."
>"'Point us in the direction of these Roots,' Deriva asks."
>"'Even if I did, it wouldn't help you,' the Lindwyrm says. 'I could take you right to them, and it would be of no assistance.'"

>>742766
>>742767
Gadriel opens his mouth to respond, but seems to get lost in the metaphor. "Wait… coin… coinpurse? I don't get it."

>>742769
>>742766
>>742770
>>742767
Once Shorthorns finishes draining the cursed treasure from your path, you are able to move on through the northwestern door, and into the next room.

"…Simpler, you said?" River says to Pryce. Once you enter after her, you can see what she means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC4H7o53Ng4

The door has deposited you in a treasury that makes the room preceding it look like little more than a piggy bank. The room is as vast as a field in a king's serfdom, and practically every inch of it is covered with treasure. You stand on an elevated platform overlooking the depths of wealth before you, and the sheer amount of it all fills even those with weak spiritual senses with a cold chill that only a curse can bring.

In particular…

That cursed feeling comes most potently from the far western wall, bearing the weight of a great and terrible set of eyes.

>Paused

 No.742773

>>742772
"Gold coins? Right? So you are saying that Flaming. Is a type of person who uses her holes to dig for gold. Am I hearing that right?"

 No.742774

>>742773
"Oh come on, don't get all high-brow with us!" Gadds says. "What guy sees a hole and doesn't think of the obvious!?"

 No.742775

>>742774
"Hay we need all the dimensions we can get!"

 No.743502

In the deep twilight of Renon's starry world of aster and technology beyond the epoch of the mortal realms. There sits a bookwormish kid, enshrouded in a black, rarefied cloak worn by people of rarefied degrees. Sitting up atop a heap of many, indistinct machinations their origin arbitrary or legend-ish, incredible or mundane to witness.

He waits on the heaping hill for his higher-self to wake up. Choosing to pass the time with a book.

The Anathema Scripture sits open in his lap. His hooftips, flipping by a page, scrutably, and cautious. He analyzes some the highly gibberish glossolalia threatening to overthrow his psyche, written on the brittle pages. Flipping between a personal notebook of occult lexicon and the pages of the Anathema Script. The little kid seeks to understand either an estimation or precisely the nature of Tartarian spirituality. What the hierarchy of their inverted heaven appears as, ramifications, speculations and so on. But also details on the transmigration of the soul in Tartarus.

[1d10+1] Study Roll

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.743503


 No.743504

>>743503
Interestingly, it seems that the bulk of the Scripture is taken up by tales of what at first seems to be their spirituality. But as you soon discover, there is little reference to discrete and distinct realms of existence – no realm of mortals, no realm of immortals, no realm of gods, no realm of fae.

In your World, all from the most ill-educated peasant to the most mystic of esotericists agree on the existence of myriad realms and sub-realms of being, even if they disagree on where and how they overlap. But in Tartarus, it seems, all beings, regardless of their nature or origin, are bound together in an ever-changing and subjective miasma, where the physical and the spiritual are both one and nothing. Down there, the transmigration of the soul seems, in fact, to be a literal migration.

Or, at least, that's what you've gotten from this coded, deceptive, trap-ridden text.

 No.743532

>>743504
Feelings of repulsion, fascination, but at the same time extant mortification. It's an unsophisticated notion that the concept of beauty was removed from the Tartarus, extracted directly from the ether. A fetid tomb by the living's definition and not much else. This Kid continues to read.

And the next ideas he explores in the text may clarify things. He extends the vitals of his mental energy, wrapping much of the jargon around coherent ideas. Feeling as though his brain were being squeezed out of him as he reads. Squeezing tight with feelings of dumbfoundedness and absence.

The Kid tries to understand if the natives of Tartarus worship, if so -how do they and what do they worship. In turn what does God mean to them and what do they mean to God.
[1d10+1] Study Roll

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.743541

>>743532
You sense a pattern developing. In your world, there exists a give and take between god and mortal, a mutualistic reciprocal cycle whose upshot is that god and mortal become extensions of one another. But part of that relationship is faith – which means that the loyal must stay loyal even when it seems that prayers are unanswered.

In Tartarus, however, all is sacrifice, all is transaction, and faith becomes deceit. A prayer not answered instantly is a prayer denied. Whether a god is an extension of a mortal, or a mortal, the extension of a god, boils down to who is the cleverer parasite.

You note a peculiarity in the text. Where Equish clumsily uses the term "god" for both a lesser deity and a higher one, as in, a God that may be considered king over other gods, the Anathema Scripture uses entirely separate terms to distinguish between its divinities. You have found nothing in this section specifically about "The God" of Tartarus, only about lesser gods that one may find within.

 No.743764

Last time, on HolyQuest…

Several screens south of the now-destroyed chamber containing the Bronze, Gold and Silver dragon busts, our small section of the Saviors discovered a pink pearl sitting upon an elevated velvet cushion. They later discovered, north of their position, a large marble wall with three round indentations in its face, one pink, one orange, and one green. Presumably, an orange and a green pearl might be found about here, behind the other doors.

Around this time, Amy, regaining consciousness, found herself in a dim corridor in some unknown location. Despite the abundance of flames in bonfire bowls about her, the dimness about her covered everything, as if a filter upon the world itself. She met with Busta, Deriva and Volkama, all of whom experienced a sudden breakdown similar to hers – all four of them being demons. When they ventured northward to try to find their way, the world about them suddenly faded, and instead, text appeared upon a black field, complete with prompts for them to choose from.

Unsure of where to go from there, Amy reached out to Shei via conch, and the call went through. Based upon Gadriel's scrying of her location, she seemed several levels far below the rest of the group, and the nearest path to get to her lay behind the marble wall. Shei used his budding divine powers to impose a higher level of representation upon Amy's region, giving rise to very blocky, low-resolution images to serve as a visual metaphor accompanying the text.

With that, Amy was able to head north, and then west, through a winding series of corridors, where she met a dragon of sulfur…

As for the rest of our Saviors, they went west, past the door sealed by a simple lock. Beyond it lay a chamber of every kind of treasure imaginable, heaped in piles that reached from floor to ceiling, covering wall to wall. Sensing the obvious trap, they stayed in the narrow strip of floor that lay before them, and found two exits on the western end of the room. Taking the northernmost of the western exits, they entered an even more vast chamber, filled with even more treasure. But, this time, a strange presence lurked within the treasure, lying in wait, unseen…

 No.743765

>Amy
>"'On paper, it's simple,' the Lindwyrm replies. 'Get through the Branches, into the Roots, and then get past the Capo.'"
>"'The Branches…' Volkama says. 'It's not quite an alchemic term in the traditions with which I am familiar, but if we follow along the lines of metaphoric thought, my sulfuric friend, it must have something to do with the branching paths of this labyrinth, yes?'"
>"'That's right,' the Lindwyrm says.
>"'So the Roots would be the Capo's lair,' Busta adds."
>"'Point us in the direction of these Roots,' Deriva asks."
>"'Even if I did, it wouldn't help you,' the Lindwyrm says. 'I could take you right to them, and it would be of no assistance.'"

>Shei, Shorthorned

"Shorthorned, don't let this guy fool you," Gadriel says, rolling his eyes. "His mind went to the same place that I did, he's just trying to cover it up."

>Everyone except Amy

Once Shorthorns finishes draining the cursed treasure from your path, you are able to move on through the northwestern door, and into the next room.

"…Simpler, you said?" River says to Pryce. Once you enter after her, you can see what she means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC4H7o53Ng4

The door has deposited you in a treasury that makes the room preceding it look like little more than a piggy bank. The room is as vast as a field in a king's serfdom, and practically every inch of it is covered with treasure. You stand on an elevated platform overlooking the depths of wealth before you, and the sheer amount of it all fills even those with weak spiritual senses with a cold chill that only a curse can bring.

In particular…

That cursed feeling comes most potently from the far western wall, bearing the weight of a great and terrible set of eyes.

 No.743766

>>743765

>"Why not?"

 No.743767

>>743766
>"'Every labyrinth, no matter how twisting, no matter how well-fortified, no matter how tightly-locked, can be penetrated with enough men and enough power,' the sulfur dragon says. 'Makes it difficult to keep unwanted intruders out and unwanted escapees in after thousands of years of attempts by graverobbers and treasure-hunters. But the grand simplicity of this labyrinth is in its frustrating final secret – the last door simply does not appear, if the one who guards it does not wish for you to find it.'"
>"'So we could get all the way to the end and just be turned away if the guardian – the Capo, you called him – felt like it?' Busta asks."
>"'Precisely,' the sulfur dragon says."
>"'And I doubt he's the type to cave just because someone asks nicely,' Deriva says."
>"'He would not be entrusted with the task if he were,' the sulfur dragon says."

 No.743768

https://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM
>Conjure Weapon: Bow [Flare, Ranged, Single, +1]

>>743765
Pryce steps through the door, and is hit with dread as that cursed feeling of a room full of treasure greets him.
"I… I don't even see any floor. Even if we could drain the room, who knows where the orb is in this mess."
Pryce comments, trying to think of a solution through this.

 No.743769

>>743767

>"Well, I think he'd like my plan. I'm trying to cure demonism. If there's no demons, then there's no need to guard the door. That'll make him happy!"


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 2 + 4 = 6

 No.743770

>>743765
>>743768

"Additionally, I have great concerns this may act as a hiding place for who knows how many demons, using the cursed treasures as a way of masking their location. I could assume it would be incredibly hard to spot anything using scrying or magic given the amount of cursed material is here." Leather adds on to Pryce's concerns, similarly stumped.

 No.743771

>>743768
>>743765
>>743770
>who knows where the orb is in this mess.
"Well, if I had to take a wild guess. And don't ask what my reasoning is -just a hunch. but I'd wager the orb is coming from that dramatically foreboding feeling emanating from the western wall."

Shei flourishes his cape and it rolls iteself into crimson felt wings. "So do I have the clear to fly or does anyone else feel like taking the intiative?"

 No.743772

>>743771
>>743768
>>743770
"Maybe we can sift through it from a distance," Zjetya says. "I can make pretty strong gusts with my magic, and Pryce has his telekinesis."
"Perhaps we can test the strength of the curse to gauge its danger," River adds. "Shei, Shorthorned, can you not make some kind of homunculus with your new divine powers, and subject it to a handful of coins, and see what transpires?"
"Or we could just tie up Shei and test it on him," Gadriel says.

>>743769
>"The sulfur dragon looks at you with wide eyes, as if you suggested something on the level of gargling poison."
>"'I would advise against coming near him with anything resembling a plan to save the world, or anything even remotely resembling messianic plans,' the sulfur dragon says. 'There's nothing that would set him off quicker, or with greater intensity.'"
>"Volkama arches an eyebrow. 'I had heard that the Sons of God regarded themselves as saviors of mortalkind against the demons.'"
>"'Precisely,' the sulfur dragon says. 'The last person to enter Tartarus only made it past the guardian purely because she acted on wholly selfish reasons, heedless of all others.'"

 No.743773

>>743772


"Well, I have friends with me. Lots of them. It's not like it was with Vinland."

 No.743774

>>743773
>>743772

>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 6 + 4 = 10

 No.743775

>>743771
"My concern comes from, again, the risk of demons coming from the treasures to try and pick off one or two lone flying allies. Even if we have the ability to dispatch them with our powers, it only takes being knocked into the treasure once to be subject to who knows how many curses."
>>743772
"Perhaps we should create that test in the room we just left, in case it sets off a curse that would effect the entire room? Both had cursed treasure, after all. The previous room would just have a smaller effect."

 No.743776

>>743772
>"Or we could just tie up Shei and test it on him," Gadriel says.
"The connection between brothers is ghastly remarkable. I was just thinking how fabulous silver would look with all this gold!" Shei flicks one of Gadd's metal furs.

Shei takes the moment mid banter to respond to River "I think that's exactly the sort of thing we could do. But if touching the could evokes the temple to collapse a drop a rolling ball on us -it wasn't my fault."

From Shei-Sher's cloak he produces an apron and hairnet, which he deftly garbs himself with without losing a moment. He kneels down and With his hooves he creates a fume to bubble from the floor, whisking it freely in his hooves as he dashes in a little of this and a little of that. Dark for the body, light for the psyche, and bit of life to hold it all together.

LightI, DarkII, LifeIII
[1d10+1] create a homunculous

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.743777

>>743775
"Sounds like you've already figured out your occupation in this room. I deign thee, our gallant marksman. Should any demons come leaping to our peril, just pick them off with your rifle like you did our praying mantis friend."

 No.743778

>>743775
>>743777
*correction
our centipede friend."

 No.743779

>>743777
"I need to see where they are, though. Unlike some of the others in the Ecclesian ranks, I take time to ready a shot and fire. It is not something I can prepare for and fire as soon as they appear."

 No.743780

>>743779
"Ah, shame. Suppose we'll have to actually be careful this time."

 No.743781

>>743774
>>743773
>"'She entered with an entire army,' the sulfur dragon counters.'"
>"'Now, now, if I may add,' Volkama says, rubbing his chin. 'We may not be such uninvited guests as the graverobbers and treasure-hunters that were turned away so easily via the Capo's simple dismissal of them.'"
>"'What do you mean?' the sulfur dragon asks."
>"'I have been thinking about it,' Volkama says. 'And I am stumped by questions. Busta, Amy, Deriva, why do you think that a sudden surge of magatsuhi would well up from below, so unbidden? Why then? Why did only we heed the call and make it through the portals that appeared to us? Why did none of our allies have the chance to come along? Deriva and I were with Sir Gegenschein and his confidants. I am certain that someone of his power could have chased us in.'"
>"'Oh…' Busta says. 'You think we may have been invited?'"
>"'Perhaps…' Volkama muses."

 No.743782

>>743781

>"Why couldn't we be… invited better?"

 No.743783

>>743782
>"'We may have yet to prove our worth,' Volkama says. 'We are in a smaller group than before, and as all of us bear the mark of demonkind, we share common weaknesses.'"
>"'We're also all spellcasters,' Busta says. 'Not a lot of physical power.'"
>"'Less an invitation, and more like a challenge, then,' Deriva suggests. 'Why not petition our recalcitrant guide based on that?'"

 No.743784

>>743765
Shorthorns shakes her head at Gadriel, not really getting this bizarre goat humor of theirs as she refocuses her efforts on draining the cursed treasure out of their path, granting access to the NW chamber.

As they emerge in the huge, elevated pit over the massive amount of treasure, Shorthorns' eyes open wide at the massive collection of treasure before them.

"T-that has to be more gold than what exists outside! Where did the Sons even GET this much treasure?!" Shorthorns exclaims aloud, looking around the massive horde that seems so vast and so deep one could practically swim in it. "I guess we could try sifting it at a distance, we still technically don't know what happens if we TOUCH this stuff either. I don't think I see a door way, so the pearl we're looking for has to be underneath it."

She looks to River as she suggests making a golem of sorts to test, and takes a deep breath, "Alright, I can give it a try here. I've already grown flowers and grass from stone, so making a more 'advanced' living thing can't be too hard…"

>Sphere of Dark Primary, Sphere of Life Secondary

[1d10] Creating a fire buffalo familiar

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.743785

>>743784
>>743776
>>743775
River and Zjetya nod to Cloak. "Good suggestion," Zjetya says. "Let's head back and see."

You all fly / flash-step over back into the previous room, where Shei and Shorthorned put their horns together to conjure a test subject. You manage to produce… a small puddle of flesh, vaguely in the shape of a buffalo, with a happy face upon it. It is perhaps one of the most ghastly things you have seen all day.

Gadriel blinks with silent horror at it. "Okay, we have our test subject. How much treasure you want to use on it?"

 No.743786

>>743785
"There isn't enough treasure on this earth to compensate for this poor fellow's charm and for that I sincerely apologize."

 No.743787

>>743783

>Amy stares at Deriva and blinks.


>"You're doing it on purpose, aren't you?"

 No.743788

>>743785
Despite its rather ugly appearance, as Shorthorns reopens her eyes to look at their abomination, she can't help but grin as she looks at the putrid blob-like buffalo with a happy face.

"HEY! We did it!" She says enthusiastically despite their relatively ugly first attempt, giddy at the idea of having done anything in the first place. "We made a thing! Isn't it cool?!" She says, asking for the others input on their little monster. As they recommend how much treasure to use, she says, "Let's not get too far in, only take a single coin to start and see what happens."

 No.743789

>>743787
>"'Doing what on purpose?'"
>"The sulfur dragon looks between the two of you with an awkward grimace, and floats away a few feet."

 No.743790

>>743788
"We can feed it fish food, and call it nibbles."

 No.743791

>>743785
Leather watches uncomfortably, "Presumably just knock it into the gold and see what happens?"

 No.743792

>>743790
Shorthorns looks at Shei, and then snickers. "Hehehehe…. Nibbles totally got his face from you!"

 No.743793

>>743792
Madame you asked the god of bastards to bear you a child! I have sired such but frankly I've naught a clue what you were expecting. and like all good bastards it is time to let him go."

>>743785
>>743791
Shei-Sher begins slowly sliding it into the other room with one leg and dropping it into a pile of gold. Careful not to touch it too much in case it's autistic.

 No.743794

>>743789

>"Using words I don't understand!"


>Amy whines slightly.

 No.743795

>>743786
>>743788
>>743791
>>743793
River, Zjetya and Gadriel back away after Shei drops Nibbles onto the coin, leaning forward with interest. At first, as Nibbles lays upon the coin, more coins appear underneath him, duplicating by magic. It seems, initially, that that is all that comes from touching the treasure… but after about thirty seconds have passed, just as Gadriel reaches out to grab Nibbles, he gasps with horror. Zjetya yanks Gadriel back to safety.

For you see, after exactly thirty seconds have passed… Nibbles begins to turn into coins.

"Why?" he asks in a deep voice. "Why was I enchanted to feel pain…?"

Nibbles vanishes, having been turned into naught but a heap of coins.

"S-so that's why there's no remains of treasure hunters or graverobbers lying about…" River says grimly.

>>743794
>"Deriva looks like she could knock your block off."
>"'Argue with the sulfur dragon based on the notion that we were challenged by whatever force caused that great surge of Magatsuhi,'" Deriva says slowly.
>"'I… I'm positive I have a thesaurus lying around here if you have need of it,' the sulfur dragon offers."

 No.743796

>>743795
>>743793
"The worry if why we cannot think to fly alone with a plan. I presume it only takes one coin to set this curse upon someone, with more expediting it. The real concern, however, is that you will be turned into the very thing that will cause the curse to eat away at you. Imagine if the first coin created spawned within you." Leather muses morbidly.

 No.743797

>>743796
"Or within your armor or clothing," River adds.
"Not a problem if you're naked," Zjetya says.
Gadriel gives her a withering stare.
"But anyway, let's see if he turned into coins only because he was constantly touching them," Zjetya says. "The fact that more coins spawned before our test subject turned into coins, without causing any damage to him, makes me think of a possible work-around…"

 No.743798

>>743795
Shei grimaces, having subjected someone to one of his worst nightmares. "That sucked."

As the God of Bastards and Kids Shei extends his cape, it flies outward without wind. Waiting for Nibble's soul to come home to it. Whatever small mote of psyche nibbles had Shei-Sher captures it in his cape, to let him know his small personal world before letting off to his next life.

>Cloak of Beasts: A blank cloak. The user can store minions within the cloak, enabling them to be summoned later without having to use a roll. Can store up to three minions. When worn, grants a point of Pet Mastery. Design changes based on the minions stored inside the cloak.


LightI, DarkII, LifeIII, DeathIV
[1d10+1] To give nibbles a resting place inside Shei's cape.

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.743799

>>743797
Cloak nods, "Patience and experimentation means inevitable success, especially now that we have the knowledge that Amy Thest is unharmed. We have time to think these things through."

 No.743800

>>743798
You capture what remains of Nibble's psyche.

See also: >>743797

 No.743801

>>743795
>>743793
As Nibbles is pushed towards the coin pile by Shei, Shorthorns looks on with curiosity as she sees nothing happening at first… until their budding little monster is slowly transformed into a pile of gold coins, Shorthorns gasps as she hears Nibbles' dying words.

"Ni-nibbles?" she looks on, and then stares at Shei, "You made him feel pain?! I didn't do that, WHY would either of us do that?! I was trying to make him out of fire! Can you imagine if I got that part right and he could feel PAIN!?"

She turns to look at River, gulping, "Yeah, AND explains why there's so much gold in the first place: they didn't gather this much treasure, it was made from everyone who tried to touch it. Okay, so, we know we cannot touch the treasure at all. It looked like there was a few seconds to break away from it but we better not take any risks in general."

Shorthorns focuses on a pile of treasure, seeing if she can transform them into flowers from the gold to see if that will counteract the curse
[1d10] Turn gold into flowers

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.743802

>>743795

>Amy nods, then turns back to the sulfur dragon.


>"I'm pretty sure Princess Vinland herself wants us to make it to her. I've already spoken with her. She WANTS me to replace her. I think she thinks I can do better."


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 5 + 4 = 9

 No.743803

>>743801
Nothing happens. It seems the demise of your flesh golem has rattled you harder than you realized.

 No.743804

>>743801
"Hay don't try to pin all the blame on me! I had not witnessed an iota of flame from our child! Your shotty craftsmenship is just as much at fault." He points at you, evidently taking offense.

>>743797
>>743801
At River's suggestion to make another Shei-Sher feels visceral feelings he would have difficulty describing. "noo.. I'm not doing that. It's all yours Flaming, make something out of fire."

 No.743805

>>743803
Shorthorns lets out a sigh, trying to push the horrific demise of her and Shei's adorable but tragically ugly bastard magic baby out of her mind and refocuses on turning some of this gold into petunias

>>743804
"At least my failing to make him out of fire turned out to be a good thing if you gave him the ability to feel pain!"

She snorts, "Also, I'm not the one who pushed him into the coins."

 No.743806

>>743805
*[1d10] Forgot to roll

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.743807

>>743805
"teh- Vah-" Shei is at a loss for words "Pain is a necessary an essential biological reaction, perhaps its profundity is just the same for experiencing the full breadthe of life. Why would I rob my children of such beauty, to not make him in our likeness."

 No.743808

>>743770
>>743771
>>743772
>"If we could dtect uncursedthings, this would be a lot easier since the orb wouldn't be cursed while everything else is."
KP comments.

>>743795
Pryce follows the others back into the other room as they test their plan of making a golem to test the curse. When it turns into the coins that it made contact with, Pryce looks with shock at the sight.
"All of this treasure was once ponies…"
He mutters. He looks at the pile of coins that was once 'Nibbles', horn glowing as he attempts to try unweaving the curse to see if the process can be reversed.
>Unweaving [1d10]

>>743797
"I hope you're not suggesting we do that…"
Pryce says to Zjetya's comment.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.743809

>>743802
>"The sulfur dragon appears to not understand what you're talking about."
>"'Uh… I don't know where you're getting all of that,' the sulfur dragon says. 'But, I figure you're going to keep insisting on this… to get to the Roots, you're going to need to find the Mercury and the Salt dragons. They'll hand over what you need to get to the place where the door will normally appear."
>"'Excellent,' Volkama says. 'We can trust in your aid, then?'"
>"'Uh… I'm, I'm kinda… uh, busy,' the sulfur dragon says."

>>743804
>>743805
>>743806
>>743799
>>743808
Everybody's effects fail.

"I think the curses might have broken them without even being affected by it," Zjetya says. "Cloak, you seem to be the most hardened here out of all of us, can you whip them into shape? Rousing speech, sharp words, or something?"

>>743808
"I just need to see if my hypothesis is correct," Zjetya says. "I think the coins that spawn in the first thirty seconds of touching one might be some kind of… like a snare, to keep the victim from getting away."
"Why would that be necessary?" River asks.
"Because if the victim can get away from the coins before thirty seconds are up… they just might be home free."
"KP's solution might just be the simpler one," Gadriel admits. "But that's worse than finding a needle in a haystack. That's like searching for a pocket of air in a haystack. Way harder to find something that doesn't meet a condition than something that does. One of the troubles of scrying. It's like a predator trying to hunt prey that has no scent, in a forest full of plant and animal scents."

 No.743810

>>743809
"Err… I know not what to say that isn't already known, this mission is imperative to making the world outside of this labyrinth safe to live in. If we do not succeed here, then future generations may be enslaved or killed because we failed to escape."

Cloak tries his hand (hoof?) at a prayer himself to undo the curse that has befell 'Nibbles'.

>Spellbreaker

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.743811

>>743810
Unfortunately, there is no effect; it seems that once the curse takes hold in full, it is as binding as death – no undoing that with a simple spell.

Zjetya, River and Gadriel applaud your encouragement, hoping it helped the others.

 No.743812

>>743809
"okay, alright, alright. I don't need a drill seargent for this I've committed sacrilege before. Just so we can move along with this now and be done."

Shei-Sher is still wearing his hair net and apron, as he conjures up another homunculous. But he tinkers it a bit to innately enjoy it's own suffering.

LightI, DarkII, LifeIII
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.743813

>>743807
"Yeah, I hear you, but you know when may not be a good time for it?! When we were only creating Nibbles to… be… a … sacrifice…"

Shorthorns pauses, looking down at the ground as the white buffalo contemplates this. "…are we bad gods?"

>>743809
>>743810
As the effect fails once again, Shorthorns falls back on her hindquarters, tracing a circle in the floor with her hoof. "S-sorry everyone, I'm having a little trouble focusing…"

She looks towards Leather as he offers a speech, and she frowns. "I know, I KNOW! Just, give me a minute or something…"

She looks to Zjetya as she comments on them having a bit of time before the coin curse snares them, "What if we destroyed or melted all the coins? Do you think the Pearl might be strong enough to survive or should we avoid something so risky in case it isn't strong enough?"

 No.743814

>>743812
You successfully conjure one. You may describe what it looks like.

 No.743815

>>743809

>Amy gets a pouty look on her face.


>"Oh… I get it… That's the kind of excuse when you don't want to spend time with someone… I guess you don't like me…"


>Amy sniffs sadly.


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4 for pity!


Roll #1 10 + 4 = 14

 No.743816

>>743809
"So you're saying the treasure curse only makes more coins appear, and it's those coins that apply the curse that transforms one then. That, could be a possibility. Multiple curses would be a better trap to catch someone offguard, or for robbers whose greed will draw them to the newly made treasure."
Pryce surmises.

>"Hey, what if we just use a shovel? The floor and walls aren't turning into gold, so what if the curse only affects ponies?"

Pryce looks at KP as he spouts the simple solution. He takes off his bracelet, attempting to conjure a shovel to toss at the gold to test if the curse is purely a biological target.
>Hat Magic [Shovel] [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.743817

>>743811
>>743813
"Wasn't meant to be a speech," Cloak rubs the back of his neck, looking to Flaming, "Deep apologies, Miss Shorthorns, I had no intention to rush. The opposite, rather: we need to slow down and test all scenarios."

 No.743818

>>743814
It's a little luminescent porcelain goat

 No.743819

>>743813
>"Oh -dude we were bad people before we were gods." Shei eloquently puts it for Flaming

 No.743820

>>743818
>>743813
>>743817
>>743816
"Let's save melting the coins for if there's some kind of emergency," Gadriel says. "If those pearls are our only means of getting past the enchanted wall down the northern tunnel, we'll be sorry if we end up annihilating one."
"We would have to wait for another great shift in the dungeon," River says. "And hope by chance that we might get sent further beyond, just as Amy did."
After thirty seconds, the shovel that Pryce summoned… remains totally the same. No new coins appear below it, and it remains just as it is. Gadriel leans forward and examines it. "… I don't sense any evil energies coming off of the shovel. Looks like the curses don't transmit to inanimate objects."
"Oh!" Zjetya says. "You think we can get a whole boat in there too?"
"That may be pushing the limits of what Pryce can magic up," River says.

Gadriel then looks to Shei's goat homunculus. "Okay, round two. Let's see what happens to it."

He picks it up and drops it onto a cursed coin. "Hurt me!" the goat bleats. "Hurt me more!"

Gadriel rubs his temples in exasperation…

After about 25 seconds pass, Gadriel reaches out and grabs the goat away from the pile of coins that has manifested below it. Immediately, the coins stop generating. Five more seconds pass… and nothing happens to the goat.

"Huh!" Gadriel says. "Well alright… looks like we've got a hard limit of 30 seconds to get away if we end up touching a coin by accident."

>>743815
"'Look, look, look,' the sulfur dragon begs, cringing at having made you cry. 'It's not you, it's… if there's anyone I don't want to spend time with, it's those guys.'"
>"'Trouble among the guardians?' Busta asks.
>"'It's every day with them,' the sulphur dragon says. 'But if you really do have business with the Capo, as you have claimed, I figure I can deal with them for today.'"
>"'Who would have thought embodiments of alchemical processes would have conflict among themselves,' Deriva laughs."

 No.743821

>>743819
didn't mean to green text that

>>743813
>"…are we bad gods?"
"Oh -dude we were bad people before we were gods." Shei eloquently puts it for Flaming

 No.743822

>>743820

>"Sounds like a really…"


>Amy pauses for dramatic effect with a bit grin on her face.


>"Caustic relationship."


>Amy gives everyone enough time to give the joke the praise it deserves. It's not easy for her to say something so smart!


>"Come on, let's go, new friend!"


>Amy bounces away happily, assuming it's the right direction.


>[1d10] for right direction


Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.743823

>>743820
"Now, does this limit reset if we touch a coin again?" Cloak questions.

 No.743824

>>743820
"Okay little mister, now you go play in the gold as much as you want and buiwong will see about giving you a more glorious life." Shei says to the little porcelain goat he made.

 No.743825

>>743819
Shorthorns gives him a good hard glare. "Thanks, Shei…"

>>743817
>>743816
>>743820
>>743819
As Shei's newest creation (this time a pretty functional looking goat) is touched by the gold, then quickly moves from it before the thirty seconds are up, Shorthorns looks elated at having this new information revealed that they have a buffer. "That's great! So we CAN touch it, we just have to move away from it quickly. As it bleats its desire for pain though, she cringes, looking at Shei. "What did you do THIS time?"

As Pryce's shovel reveals that inanimate objects aren't effected either, Shorthorns smiles, "Well, maybe Pryce can't make a whole boat, but let's see what I can do…" she says, tapping her hooves together on the stone of the dungeon to see if she can transmute a full, CLimbing-Fire styled great canoe for them all to get into that will sit on top of the massive gold horde.

[1d10] Shorthorn's ark

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.743826

>>743820
>"Hey, I was right!"
KP says triumphantly as the idea works.

"A boat, I could possibly make a simple one, but I need an opening that'd fit one through it. My bracelet isn't just for show, it's a focus on where to start making the object, like a portal."
Pryce says as he grabs the shovel with his telekinesis.

When the new homonculus touches the coins and is pulled away with no ill effect, Pryce looks hopeful that contact is proven to not be a death sentence.
"A boat is a good idea, though we might be safer up by the door so we don't risk getting any coins inside with us. Best it appears is we could make a set of sieves to slowly comb throug hte coins until we fish up the orb."

 No.743827

>>743822
>>743820

[1d10] dodge

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.743828

>>743827
>>743822
>"A moment of absolute dead silence passes after your joke… before a spike of dread stabs into you as your body senses oncoming danger. Reacting on instinct, you dodge to the right, and manage only to lose a chunk of your fur, as a pillar of salt emerges from the ground, then crumbles and fades away. You see a small collection of strange glyphs floating about the floor where the pillar of salt appeared.
>"Well, it seems that Salt has taken notice of us and sent out her watchdogs," the sulfur dragon says. "Her domain is to the east, while Mercury's is to the south. A bit of bad luck that you happened to meet me first, I'm afraid. I can deal with either one on my own, but they despise the other. Whichever one you try to win over, the one that's remaining will be even more difficult to persuade."

>>743826
>>743825
>>743824
>>743823
"Seems like this is a perfect opportunity to find out," Gadriel says, looking at Shei dismiss the porcelain goat. Gadriel sets it down and watches as it runs off into the heap of treasure. After about eleven seconds of romping about in the booty, it screeches with both delight and pain, then vanishes, bursting into gold coins.

"That was eleven seconds…?" Gadriel says. "I pulled it away after 25 seconds, leaving it with five left over. Then we can assume about six seconds passed of us discussing the results. That's eleven seconds."
"So to put it simply, we get an equal amount of time back as we spend not touching the treasure," River says. "Then we'd better not allow ourselves to touch anything longer than absolutely necessary. I've a feeling that the presence guarding the next room has accounted for the gradual dispersal of the curse. Can't get too close to the cutoff point."

A full-on canoe, sturdy and formidable, appears in the next room over, perched just at the edge of the safe platform in front of the door. Sets of oars wait at the edges, ready for their rowers.

 No.743829

>>743828
Shorthorns looks on saddened at the loss of the porcelain masochist, but nods in agreement as Gadriel deciphers that the 'time limit' set by the gold coins needs time not touching them to reset. "Alright, we'll make sure to keep that in mind in case we accidentally touch one."

Shorthorns' horns glow white as the mighty canoe appears perched on the edge of the platform, smiling widely as she looks at the rather accurate etchings of her tribe's symbols on its side as she climbs aboard. "Alright, everyone take an oar! We're going fishing for pearls in the sea of gold!"

>>743824
>>743825
As she climbs into the boat, she turns back to look at Gadriel and Shei. "Speaking of gold, I just started thinking about what you said earlier. So, what was it about digging holes for gold was it you were thinking about…?"

 No.743830

>>743828

>"Luckily, I'm great at making friends! Let's go!"


>Go east.

 No.743831

>>743825
>"Thanks, Shei…"
"Anytime."

>>743828
Shei-Sher watches, not sure how to feel as his little goat bursts into coins and ecstasy.
"God I hope Buiwong has something good lined up for that kid."

Shei-Sher steps into the canoe

 No.743832

>>743829
>>743828
"Oh yeah. Gadriel was just saying you were a gold-digger who really knew how to use her holes." Shei-Sher says without the faintest break in casualness as he steps into the canoe and takes his rows.

 No.743833

>>743828
"Maybe we should have some sit aside, to fly anypony who touches the coin back up here for a safe rest period to keep them away from the gold."
Pryce suggests as they see the curse wears off slowly if contact is broken.

As Flaming conjures a mighty canoe, Pryce steps inside it.
"You stay up here where it's safe."
He says to KP, who nods in agreement. Pryce then attempts to conjure some nets so they can sort through the gold safely while they're sailing over it.
>Hat Magic [Nets] [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.743834

>>743828
"A final set of questions, then. Does clothing protect from the curse? Is it consumed first, and then wearer? Following this logic, could one build a raft to go across the sea of gold, or does it convert all material living and not?"

 No.743835

>>743832
"There's repeating a joke after nobody laughs, then there's… whatever that was," Gadriel says.
"Yeah we could've gone without that," River concurs.

>>743831
>>743829
>>743832
>>743833
>>743834
"River, you hop in, in case anyone needs some immediate healing," Zjetya says. "I'll remain back with KP, and dive in in case anyone falls overboard."
With a dramatic flourish, Zjetya yanks off her Ecclesian coat, getting naked as she suggested earlier. Pryce, distracted by the scandalizing sight of Zjetya stripping, manages to conjure only a tiny net for the care of small pet fish.
But then, Cloak asks his question.
"Well," River says. "It didn't change the shovel, and it doesn't seem to be changing the canoe now. So it seems that clothing does protect the wearer."
Zjetya blinks, then sheepishly gets dressed once more.
With everyone in the boat, Lockjaw hops in, running to the front to play act as the figurehead. River yanks him back, holding him tight between her forearms.

>when ready, roll for searching


>>743830
>"After a little while, the spot on your skin where the fur was sheared off starts to burn and sting. Deriva slaps some cool ointment of some kind onto it, dimming the pain.
>"You head back down the winding corridor, and arrive at the T-intersection you were before. You proceed east from there, and the corridor soon rises, ascending via staircase. Eventually, the path levels out again, and after some time, you see a heavy wooden door to the South. Busta reaches for the handle, but Volkama stops him, pointing out a number of glyphs around the door handle. They are the same ones you saw earlier from the salt pillar attack.

>What will you do?

>>Go back West
>>Head further East
>>Try the Door
>>Item
>>Enter Command: _____

 No.743836

>>743832
>>743835
"Well, I guess I am digging up gold and I was definitely using holes, but what's so funny about that? It feels like something I should know."

>>743835
Shorthorns takes up her position on the rows to help them move into the lake of riches ahead of them, before looking at River. "Huh… so, if someone had a FULL suit of armor with no openings, we could dive into this and look through it close up? Then, I guess you might have a problem with seeing… and BREATHING."

She asks as she uses her ability next to create a few nets, with openings big enough for the coin but too small for the pearl they found earlier, and start sifting through the gold on either side.

 No.743837

>>743835

>Eat Glyphs!


>Hungry Like the Wolf: Recharge 2; Instant; Spell: Bite into a magical effect, such as an enemy's oncoming spell, or a natural magical effect in the surrounding area, and devour it. This both neutralizes the effect, and allows you to roll that spell once for your own purposes, using whatever bonuses and modifiers that the original caster would have used, PLUS any of yours that are applicable. Using this skill is an Instant action, but the captured spell is whatever kind of action the original spell was (standard / automatic / instant / etc)(Witchcraft)


>[1d10+2]


Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.743838

>>743836
[1d10] (Search roll, but also for conjuring the nets)

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.743839

>>743835
"Could've said that a little earlier."
Pryce says, clearing his throat with some red in his face after Zjetya's dramatic wardrobe removal. He tries again to conjure some larger nets so they can make quicker work of it.
>Hat Magic [1d10]

KP, having turned away to not see the sight, looks back as Lockjaw hops onto the boat.
>"Didn't think he would've been the boat type. Here!"
He levitates the meat snacks over to River, so she has something to help keep the deviljho in line and in one place if needed.
>"Good luck guys!"

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.743840

>>743835
Leather grins, pulling up the cloth wrappings to cover his face, "Then I feel more armored than ever. Let us resolve this as quickly as possible."

[1d10] search

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.743841

>>743840
>>743839
>>743838
>>743836
River hums a sea-shanty as you trawl the treasure-heaps for the Pearl, but you find nothing of use on your first few sweeps. "If only we knew how deep this chamber is," River says. "We may have to have our more heavily-covered members dive into the depths and pull it up from the sea floor, as it were…"

But before she can pursue that line of thought further, something rattles the boat from below. A shape moves in the treasure-heap, spreading a wave of coins in its wake. It spins at the last moment, kicking up a wave of treasure at the boat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smv7MYA1LY8

>roll to block, DC 6; DC will rise with failures


Zjetya screeches, blasting a current of wind at the oncoming treasure wave to deflect it.

[1d10+3]

>>743837
>"You gain: Salt Pillar +2
>"Salt Pillar: Ranged; Spell; Recharge 1; A basic magic attack that inherently carries the Salt Attribute. It is transmitted by glyphs, which can either remain in place and activate the spell when an enemy comes within range, or be sent out to find a designated target and activate when found.

>"With the glyphs eaten, Busta opens the door. Beyond it lies an extensive laboratory space. Decanters, alembics and mortars are stacked close together on many tables. A large glass vat in the center keeps a cocktail of chemicals on a slow boil over a fire, mediated by complex metal mechanisms. Rows of bookshelves line the walls, ancient book and scrolls filling their shelves."

>"The master of the laboratory, if there is one, does not seem to be around. A magical thrilling fills the air, signaling the presence of enchantments."

>What will you do?

>>Go back West
>>Head further East
>>Search the laboratory
>>Item
>>Enter Command: _____

Roll #1 10 + 3 = 13

 No.743842

>>743841

>"Hellooooo? Anyone home?"


>As Amy calls out, she looks around the lab for any signs of the dragon. She is careful to not set off any traps.


>[1d10] to be careful


Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.743843

>>743841
As they sail over the golden sea, Shorthorns breathes an annoyed grunt as she pulls up her net full of coins, finding no pearl once more. "Well, it can't be THAT deep, can it? Even assuming all these coins used to be… you know… how many could have found their way down here and fallen to this trap?"

As the wave of gold coins suddenly shoots at them, Shorthorns immediately looks to where the 'shape' is located, trying to keep eyes on it. "D-did you all see that? By the gods… is there something in there?!" She cries, prepping for battle as she grabs her shield and tries to steady herself on the rocking boat. "Don't let it tip the boat over!"

[1d10+1] Preparing to block the oncoming wave

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.743844

>>743841
"Is it even possible to dive through this much gold? They'd have an easier time trying to swim through dirt."
Pryce comments as he uses the shovel he conjured earlier to rake through the coins. His head turns as a shape moves through the treasure, horn glowing as a wave of gold is raised over them. He tries to hold and push back the coins with his telekinesis to avoid their canoe from being filled with them.
>Telekinesis [Push] [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.743845

>>743841
Leather shields himself, stepping in the way of Sir Pryce as he watches the alicorn use magic instead of dodge.

[1d10] Dodge (action)
>rotect: automatic instant, recharge 2 after effect ends; Takes all damage for a target for 2+1 turns. Neither can be rendered helpless in that time, but the knight becomes helpless after the effect ends if they would have become helpless during Protect’s duration.
>Protect Pryce (Instant)

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.743846

>>743835
(Hay guys driving to work)

Shei responds to gadds "Oh sorru, next time I make a joke I'll warn you, so you can try out laughing for a change."

 No.743847

>>743842
>"You step carefully about the laboratory, avoiding places where the thrilling is most concentrated. Busta, Volkama, Deriva and the sulfur lindwyrm follow you in a careful line. After some time of pressing into the lab and avoiding the places where you sense glyphs are hidden, you see another room deeper inside. Inside is somewhat of a larger dragon, this one of the wyvern variety. She is in a small but densely packed kitchen, where you see her cooking a wide variety of strange monsters and curious beasts that presumably live elsewhere in the dungeon. She hasn't noticed you yet."
>"'We just had to get the worst time to meet her…' the sulfur dragon gripes. 'Tread lightly…' he warns you."

>>743846
"Not likely," Gadriel says.

>>743846
>>743845
>>743844
>>743843
Zjetya's wind blast blows away most of the incoming coins, while Cloak's shield deflects the rest. Gadriel and River, having hit the deck, look up, as the shape swims away, and circles back around. It partially emerges from the surface of the treasure sea. Its skin is gold, but has a slick, oily, skin-like texture, and its front half is covered with some ill-fitting tailcoat bursting at the seams. Its body is fat, and ugly, resembling some atrocious combination between a cow calf, and an artist's caricature of a fully-grown pig. It looks your way, and flashes you a horrid, ear-to-ear grin. It suddenly falls apart, its body dissipating into a collection of coins.

All is still for a moment, until the coins about the canoe start to churn and spin – a whirlpool forms below!

>Roll to escape or row the canoe away, an average roll of 6 is necessary

 No.743848

>>743847

>Amy wags her tail excitedly when she sees cooking.


>"Ooooh! That looks good! You look like a real good chef! Not enough people know how to cook monsters and demons! It's not that weird to eat them, right!? My name is Amy, by the way. I'm so so so happy to get to meet someone who has good taste!"


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] to make a new friend!


Roll #1 1 + 4 = 5

 No.743849

>>743847
Shorthorns grunts as the blast of wind from Zjetya blows away most of the wave coming at them, giving her time to collect herself as she looks over the edge of the boat towards the golden monster swimming through the coins.

"How… Pryce is right, that shouldn't be possible, should it?!" She says as she looks at the large pig-like creature. As it grins at them and then disappears into a pile of coins, she looks down as a whirlpool forms around them.

"It can turn into the coins!" She shouts, looking over the edge to consider turning the gold into something else… before realizing she can't afford to accidentally transform the Pearl too! Gritting her teeth, Flaming starts grabbing her oar and preparing to use all her new found strength to pull them free of the whirlpool
[1d10+1] God of Rowing

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.743850

>>743847
>>743845
"Good move Leather."
Pryce says as he blocks the leftover coins.

Pryce looks out for the creature that caused the wave, spotting the horrid beast sink away in the sea of gold. When it starts to form a whirlpool under them, Pryce grabs the oars and rows with all his might to move them out of there.

KP, watching from safety after Zjetya helped with the wave, gets an idea as they spot the creature swimming around in the treasure. He takes out his new staff, swirling it in the air and then gives it a swing to send out ice magic to freeze the coins solid to stop the whirlpool.
>Wendigo's Whinny [Freeze coins] [1d10]
>Recharge 2 +1 per additional target; Sprays a wall of ice from the caster to the target(s) and can target up to three foes. Deals elemental ice damage, in addition to creating a barrier of solid ice that can be used to block off areas. Ice wall is DC 6 to climb around if it does not reach to a ceiling, and DC 8 to break through. This can be used out of combat to freeze objects and create wintery conditions out of combat.

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.743851

>>743850
>>743847
>Forgot Pryce's rowing
>Row [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.743852

>>743847
Working together to row the boat, Cloak sheds light from his shield as it scintillates and reflects off of the gold coins around him, drawing some of the life from himself so that he can target the pig demon with his time magic.
[1d10] row

>Phantasmagoria of Conquest: 3 times per Combat; Automatic; Sacrifice X hits to deal 4X damage and inflict a status condition (chosen when you learn this skill) on up to 3 targets.

>(Status Condition) Delayed; For the next 2+1 turns, he results of any roll made by those affected by Delayed take place a turn after they would normally. Rolls to dodge or interrupt may be made at any point between this time.
>sacrificing 5 hits to inflict 20 hits and inflict Delayed

>health at 24/7


Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.743853

>>743848
>"The wyvern snaps around, scowling in a combination of shock and frustration. 'Who the FUCK let you into my FUCKING kitchen!?'"
>"'Might have guessed that would happen,' the sulfur lindwyrm says."
>"'Out! Out!' the salt wyvern orders. As she stares daggers into your eyes, you can feel a certain mental pressure bearing down upon you. 'Ponies coming in here unwashed, sweaty, dusty, unclean! I'm going to have to throw all of this out!'"
>"'Salt is near-miraculous in preventing impurities in food, and we have not even touched…' Volkama begins."
>"'I don't want to hear any fucking excuses! Move it, now!' she orders."

>>743849
>>743851
>>743850
>>743852
The canoe gets sucked into the whirlpool, and River and Gadriel cling to the pets, and to one another, as they try desperately to not be tossed out from the momentum. Your muscles strain and veins bulge as you attempt to row free of it, but alas, the demon's power is far too much for you. But KP and Cloak are swift; Cloak slows the flow of the whirlpool with his temporal distortions, and KP freezes a great chunk of the treasure-ocean with his newfound spell. The break of momentum is enough for you to row out, but some of the canoe's hull has been damaged by the swirling amid the hard and oftentimes jagged treasure.

>Canoe at 75% durability


You look back, and see the pig-calf demon trapped inside the ice wall. Unable to move, it glowers at you, and the temperature in the room suddenly spikes. With your spiritual senses, you can see a dark red and black plume exuding from its body, spewing at you like smoke from a flame…

[2d10+4] Magatsuhi wave vs Pryce, Shorthorned, Cloak, River, Gadriel

Gadriel spreads his wings, and tries to counterattack, with a storm of Dhyana!

[1d10+3] protective barrier

Roll #1 4, 5 + 4 = 13 / Roll #2 3 + 3 = 6

 No.743854

>>743853
>Enemy Delayed (3 turns), Pryce Protected (2 turns)

Furthering his prayers, Leather continues to slow the demon more and more with his faith. He also provides a buff to his alicorn ally.

>)A Vision of Grandeur: Instant; Recharge 1 after effect ends; Choose 1 ally. For the next 4+1 turns, you and that ally gain +2 to all rolls made against all enemies that target you, either with a normal roll, or an Instant roll-to-dodge attack, regardless of whether or not that enemy's attack is successful.

[1d10] Pryce

>Fossilization: Recharge 3; Instant; Apply the debilitating effects of old age to the target, severely weakening all their abilities, increasing the damage they take, and decreasing the damage they can do. Effect varies by roll and enemy strength.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.743855

>>743853

>Amy's ears go back and her tail droops between her legs. She quickly scurries out of the kitchen.


>"I'm so so so so so so so so so sorry! If you have to throw anything away, just give it to me instead! I'm sure I'll love it!"


>Mantra of Equality to apologize from a safe, clean distance [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 3 + 4 = 7

 No.743856

>>743853
KP jumps and cheers as his spell worked, not only freezing the ice but trapping the demon as well.

Once they row free, Pryce looks ahead at the demon as he feels it raises it's Magatsuhi, feeling familiar to when he fought Sir Estuary. He reaches into his robes, pulling out the lexicon, his horn glowing purple as he creates an image of the Sons of God to hopefully strike fear into the demon to stop it for some time.
>Lexicon of the Moon's Dread [1d10]
>Contains illusory nightmares that can incapacitate a single target for Roll - 5 rounds. Can target up to ten targets as a Cleave roll, but increases Recharge by 1 with each additional target. Recharge 1 for 1 target. User determines the content of the Nightmare.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.743857

File: 1596001343225.jpg (9.5 KB, 480x360, surfing cow.jpg)

>>743853
Shorthorns grunts and braces herself to the ship as she feels it knocked about, steadying it as best she can as the whirlpool almost feels to powerful to overcome.

However, as the coins are frozen and she gets the chance to pull free, she turns back to look at the golden pig demon assailing them with a new attack of fire and darkness spewing at them. Shorthorn grunts, leaping up to grab her shield and throws it at the gold, intent on using it as a surfboard so she does not touch the golden coins.

"I'll take the hit! My armor's prepared to take the heat!"
Covalent Bonds: Auto Instant; Recharge 3; Ranged; Choose an ally. All damage they would normally take this turn will be applied to you instead. The most damage you can receive from using this ability is (Full Hits) + 2 Wounds.
>Choosing to redirect the attack to Shorthorns herself, with armor that is Resistant to Fire, Darkness, and Magma. Also Guarded
[1d10+1] Riding on the shield like a surfboard to get close to it without touching the gold

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.743858

>>743855
>"'I just fucking cleaned this place!' the salt wyvern hollers. 'Going to have to search it for fleas again! And you!'"
>"'M-me!?' Busta gasps."
>"'Fuck off outside and drop dead!' the salt wyvern snaps. 'Letting a whole fly into my kitchen! Unbelievable!'"
>"Deriva and Volkama stop, glance at each other, then glare at the wyvern. 'Amy,' Volkama says. 'You'd better get ready to treat some injuries.'"
>"'Nobody tells our Busta to drop dead,' Deriva growls."
>"The sulfur lindwyrm goes to find some cover."

>>743857
>>743856
>>743854
The Magatsuhi swirling around the room starts to congeal around Shorthorned, but even though it flows about her, close enough for her to even breathe, it has no effect… for now.
>results of 8 and 9, reduced by Gadriel's 6, multiplied by 5 headed for Shorthorned next turn

You're still disoriented by the spinning of the boat, but Shorthorned takes the initiative, surfing out on her shield toward where the demon is imprisoned.

The ice containing it begins to melt, but the demon is yet imprisoned… It fills the air with more and more dreadful currents of Magatsuhi, which Gadriel desperately counters with Dhyana.

[2d10+4] Magatsuhi, focused on melting the ice
[1d10+3] Dhyana

>Paused


Roll #1 4, 4 + 4 = 12 / Roll #2 4 + 3 = 7

 No.744342

>>743835
As eyes dart to the back, Shei turns to see the view as well. Immediately tilting his head and averting his eyes when he realizes it's Zjetya stripping.

He cover's Gadriel's eyes too, if he is taking a gander at the peep show.

 No.744347

>>743541
The kid piles deeper, deeper into these bewildering prose.

He seeks if bargains by the Oath words can be made in Tartarus, between mortals and demons. And if they can be acted between demons and demons. Or if oaths are the sole privilege of aliens in this Tartarus, who do not yet belong to the same flesh as umbrals and God.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.744757

>>744347
Alas, it seems that only those not bound by the tendrils of Tartarus' God can invoke either the Sacrifice, or the Oath-Words. And besides the Oath-Words and the Sacrifice, it seems that all those who have already died in Tartarus are inextricably bound by the God's will.

 No.745229

Last time, on HolyQuest…

Our group of the Saviors performed various tests to puzzle out the exact nature of the curse on the treasure in this trial-room. It seemed that when one touched any of the cursed treasure, more treasure would fall off of their body, spontaneously generated. After thirty seconds of touching the treasure, their body would rapidly disintegrate into even more treasure. Spending time away from it would run back the clock, so to speak, at an equal measure to what you spent away (ie, spending 20 seconds on the treasure and 5 seconds off wold put you back at 15 seconds before you turned into treasure). Also, obstructions such as clothing seemed to block the curse, to Zjetya's disappointment.

Thus, Flaming created a canoe with her divine powers, allowing them to traverse the cursed treasure sea without issue. That is, until the guardian of the room, a demonic hybrid of capitalist pig and golden calf, arose, and attacked them for their ingenuity.

Amy spoke with the sulfur dragon more, and learned that the labyrinth had a final and simple method for keeping out all unwanted intruders: The door to the head guardian – the Capo – would simply not manifest if the Capo did not want it to. And before that point, there was another door, to which the sulfur dragon and his companions – the dragons of salt and mercury – held the keys. Amy cajoled the sulfur dragon into helping her, and followed his directions to get to where the salt dragon was. Fittingly, it was part laboratory, part kitchen. The salt dragon herself, however, was about as unfriendly as you could get, swearing and screaming at Amy from the very get-go. But it was her comments to Busta that truly drew Volkama and Deriva's ire.

 No.745230

>Amy
>"'I just fucking cleaned this place!' the salt wyvern hollers. 'Going to have to search it for fleas again! And you!'"
>"'M-me!?' Busta gasps."
>"'Fuck off outside and drop dead!' the salt wyvern snaps. 'Letting a whole fly into my kitchen! Unbelievable!'"
>"Deriva and Volkama stop, glance at each other, then glare at the wyvern. 'Amy,' Volkama says. 'You'd better get ready to treat some injuries.'"
>"'Nobody tells our Busta to drop dead,' Deriva growls."
>"The sulfur lindwyrm goes to find some cover."

>Shei, Pryce, Shorthorned, Cloak

The Magatsuhi swirling around the room starts to congeal around Shorthorned, but even though it flows about her, close enough for her to even breathe, it has no effect… for now.
>results of 8 and 9, reduced by Gadriel's 6, multiplied by 5 headed for Shorthorned next turn

You're still disoriented by the spinning of the boat, but Shorthorned takes the initiative, surfing out on her shield toward where the demon is imprisoned.

The ice containing it begins to melt, but the demon is yet imprisoned… It fills the air with more and more dreadful currents of Magatsuhi, which Gadriel desperately counters with Dhyana.

[2d10+4: 12] Magatsuhi, focused on melting the ice
[1d10+3: 7] Dhyana

 No.745231

https://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM
Conjure Weapon: Bow [Flare, Ranged, Single, +1]

>>745230
Pryce watches as Flaming surfs out on her shield, worried but trusting that she won't be reckless. As the pig demon swells with Magatsuhi, he is reminded of his fight with Sir Estuary, and the danger that will rise if this keeps going. He draws his Memory-Pluck out, levitating the blade in his telekinetic grasp. From the safety of the boat, he thrusts the blade forward with his magic, reaching out to strike the pig.
>Telekinesis [Thrust memory-Pluck] [1d10]
>Steals an opponent's skill upon a hit, enabling the user to use it while the victim can't. Normal success = 1 use, Critical = 2 uses. Once you use the skill, the skill goes back to the victim. You can hold the skill indefinitely to simply deny its use by the victim. You can only steal 1 skill at a time.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.745232

>>743858
https://pastebin.com/jbpPAusX
>Enemy Delayed (2 turns), Pryce Protected (1 turns)

With the demon frozen in ice for a short amount of time more, Leather continues to apply buffs before the fight continues.

>Sallus: Instant; Recharge 5; Self-Buff; For 3+1 turns, your physical attacks deal an additional 2d3 damage on success, rolled by you at the time of the attacks. If any of these attacks are natural critical hits, they will Blind the target, removing one of their chances to act next turn.

[1d10]
>A Vision of Grandeur: Instant; Recharge 1 after effect ends; Choose 1 ally. For the next 4+1 turns, you and that ally gain +2 to all rolls made against all enemies that target you, either with a normal roll, or an Instant roll-to-dodge attack, regardless of whether or not that enemy's attack is successful.
[1d10] with Pryce

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.745233

>>745230

>Amy chastises the salt wyvern.


>"That's not nice!. Busta might be a fly, but he's a clean fly! I've met plenty of dirty dragons, but I don't assume you're dirty just because you're a dragon!"


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 2 + 4 = 6

 No.745234

>>745230
https://pastebin.com/YJFusUgn

"That's our cue." Shei-Sher takes the lantern tie to his waist stands up from his seat on the boat. Sitting the lantern infront of him and standing a leg on a boat seat the lowly patron of bastards and kids plays a bewildering rift upon the imprisoned demon.

Chorazin's Miracle: recharge 4(minus 1); Summons a burst of colorful butterflies that latch onto the target. Reduces an angel or demon's Ranking, resulting in a rollback of their bonuses, skills, etc to the previous rank. May be used to reverse demonization or angelfication of recently turned mortals.

[1d10] rolling back a level on the gold pig fish demon

>Can I Borrow This?: Instant; Recharge 3(minus 1); Ranged; On success, you steal 1 of the target's chances to act next turn, completely stunning them if they can only take 1 action per turn. Next turn, you can use this stolen action in addition to your normal ones.


[1d10] using on the pig fish demon

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.745235

>>745234
>>745230
>Evil Eye: passive; You come from a culture that’s mysterious, quiet and perhaps even sinister. Few understand you and some may even be unnerved by your odd appearance. If you score a natural Crit against an enemy in combat, they are paralyzed with fear and cannot take any action in its next turn. When a target is paralyzed by Evil Eye, you cannot proc Evil Eye on them again.

 No.745236

>>745234
oh erm…. forgot obligatory post rock song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLfOt6qSXo0

 No.745237

>>745230
As the divine buffalo rides out on the wave of coins, her power pulling forth the 'Magatsuhi' attack towards her as desired to keep the canoe and those aboard it safe.

As she surfs closer to the monster on top of her impromptu surf-board, Shorthorns pulls off a little twist, spinning around to catch another 'wave' of gold and slam her shield down into the golden fish's scaly hide before it releases itself from the ice. "Come on!"

[1d10+5] Using Charge + All or Nothing to attack the monster with the shield, Magma/Fire/Dark element + Pecularity effect
[1d10] Mantra of Recovery to drain additional health from it

Roll #1 5 + 5 = 10 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.745238

*Mantra should *also* have +2 by Charge's effect to make 7

 No.745239

>>745233
>"The salt wyvern gawks at you, then at Volkama and Deriva, who have muscled their way into the kitchen and are now posed, clearly ready to throw down for their friend's sake. She then looks past those two, at where Busta and the sulfur wyvern wait in the back. Busta looks like he's used to such abuse."
>"'You come into my kitchen, make a mess of my floor, and then balk at me when I'm on edge!?' the salt wyvern continues, clearly built with a tougher skin than your previous opponents. 'Who are you? Sulfur, explain yourself!'"
>"Sulfur floats out a bit. 'We have challengers to God's Entombed. She is one of them. She was called – by the Capo.'"
>"'I don't care what that mangy old hound thinks!' Salt retorts. 'Since when does he ever have a change of heart, after what he did to us!?'"

>>745231
The wakizashi pierces through the ice barrier, cutting into the porky demon. Your mind floods briefly with visions of great wealth…

>Inflation: Recharge 1; Spell; Ranged; Creates more cursed treasure wherever the target is standing.

>Circulation: Recharge 1; Spell; Ranged; Manipulates all cursed treasure already in the room, allowing you to move it as you please, either to attack or clear paths or to create barriers.
>Investment: Recharge 1; Spell; Ranged; Absorb a small quantity of cursed treasure, either to restore one's self or one's ally to full Hits, or to add +1 to their next round's actions (+2 on crit).

(1/2)

 No.745240

>>745234
>>745232
>>745237
>>745231
A wave of dark magatsuhi floods over you, but thanks to Cloak's delaying power, Shorthorned has enough time to draw it into herself, her body darkening briefly with a sickly red-and-black pallor as her body and soul attempt to process it. As the magatsuhi takes hold of her, she feels as though a thousand cold, greasy fingers were wriggling up along her back and shoulders, worming their way up under her skin, along her bones and nerves, into her brain. Her focus wavers, and then enters a fever pitch, as a newfound fury of battle takes hold of her heart. With an involuntary howl, she leaps off of her shield, and bashes down onto the pig with it, but in her sudden frenzy, she finds that she has leapt off of the shield, and has landed onto the cursed treasure. Her vitality leaves her, and she crumbles to the ground, her limbs still twitching with violent impulses.

>Shorthorned takes 30 Physical and 30 Psychic HP damage


>Psychic HP is tentatively defined as (Hits * Wounds)/2


>Shorthorned 0/7 H/W

>Shorthorned 51/81 PHP
>27 seconds left…

>Magatsuhi Element: The Magatsuhi Element is imbued with the frenzy and impulsive carnality characteristic of demonkind. Attacks with the Magatsuhi Element chip away at the target's mental and spiritual defenses, making them more prone to fits of anger, sudden sorrow, uncontrollable laughter, intense hallucinations and other bouts of madness. If enough Magatsuhi is built up, the target will be prone to making impulsive and even stupid decisions during battle, such as not healing, not helping their allies, and overlooking sneak attacks or deceptive tactics.

>Flaming can no longer heal or directly assist an ally.

As the pig demon smirks at his vexation of Flaming, he looks over at Cloak and Shei powering up. He readies for another attack, when Shei's piercing gaze freezes him. as he gradually recognizes what Shei is, and what he's capable of, he freezes up, falling over onto one side like a cow that's been tipped. Chorazin's Miracle begins to shrink him, and his body wriggles and twitches as he loses his demonic powers.

>Crypto unable to act this turn!


"Fry his ass!" Zjetya shouts. "Get him!"

Zjetya sends her razor winds at him.

[1d10+3]

Gadriel shoots his quills.

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9 / Roll #2 10 + 3 = 13

 No.745241

>>745240
[1d10] Huge

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.745242

>>745240
As the magatsuhi element washes over her, Shorthorns feels every part of her body shivering with the cold sensation of the feeling creeping over her, her psyche slowly breaking down as she sweats through her coat to shake the cold, agonizing violent impulses shaking over her.
"F-F-F…..grrrggg….. piece of…. garbage…. putrid monster…!"
She is more fixated on her anger of the monster, she has not yet even realized the danger she lies in as she stands on the cursed gold, moving instead to chase after it than save herself…

[1d10] Recovery from helpless

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.745243

>>745240

Sounds that are like steel slicing into ribbons erupt as Shei stops his chord. "Obscene little pork. You are a witness to mine and my covenant's work. I am the late God of Bastards and kids. All little bastards fall within my domain. Even demons. I have taken your power, I shall take your spirit and mind. My friends will rend assunder your body. Unless you obey my command. Make an oath unto my patronage. Clear this room of the cursed treasures, swear peace with us, and in exchange I will give you your life."

>bargaining

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.745244

>>745240
>Enemy Delayed (1 turns)
>Protect Cooldown (2 turns)
>Salus (4 turns remain)
>Vision of Grandeur [with Pryce] (5 turns remain)

Cloak shifts from empowering himself to weakening his foe through prayers, waiting from firing upon the enemy proper in case their weaknesses are identified.

>Fossilization: Recharge 3; Instant; Apply the debilitating effects of old age to the target, severely weakening all their abilities, increasing the damage they take, and decreasing the damage they can do. Effect varies by roll and enemy strength.

[1d10]
>Sulphureous Brume: Recharge 2; Ranged; Pick two targets; This effect spreads a mist around those targets which will either increase their damage received by 2 for 2+1 turns, or reduce their damage dealt by 2 for 2+1 turns. Effect is chosen when cast.
[1d10] Crypto (debuff damage), Shorthorns (buff resistance)

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.745245

>>745242
>>745240
Pryce quickly draws his sword back as Flaming hops off her shield to bash the demon. It's too late to fend off the Magatsuhi as it's already affected her. He spreads his wings, flying out while Shei has the demon stunned to quickly scoop up Flaming and get her back in the canoe.
>Flight [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.745246

>>745239

>"I really am very sorry about making your kitchen dirty! I didn't mean to. But, that doesn't mean you should tell people to die. You should apologize to Busta!"


>Amy apologizes as she herds everyone out of the kitchen.


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4} DC-4

 No.745247

>>745246

[1d10+4] DC-4

Roll #1 3 + 4 = 7

 No.745248

>>745239
>>745245
As Pryce draws back his blade, he steals the demon's knowledge of Circulation.

 No.745249

>>745246
>"Salt stares you down, giving you side-eye like only a vicious, salt-breathing legendary reptile can. Her head snaps over toward Busta, who has his head down. 'YOU!' Salt barks."
>"'Me?' Busta asks, clearly not expecting much."
>"'I'm fucking sorry that I yelled at you!' Salt shouts."
>"'That's… a-apology accepted.'"
>"'Now that we have that settled, are you going to order something, or not? I have a whole pack to feed.'"
>"'Feed?' Volkama asks."
>"'What do you think I have this kitchen for!?' Salt snaps."
>"'What surprises me more is this 'pack',' Deriva says. 'I thought demons had no need of food."
>"'Not for nutrition, but for other purposes,' Salt explains. 'Some find it… a comfort.'"

>>745242
Hatred and bile, curses and malevolence flood your mind, but your wild flailing and twitching avails you of nothing. Treasure after treasure manifests atop you, burying you one coin at a time underneath the layers of ill-gotten wealth.
>24 seconds left…

River raises her staff, chanting a healing spell your way!

[1d10+3] Heal

>>745245
You strain your muscles, but even after all the training you've gone through, Flaming is still as heavy as a bison, and you fail to scoop her up.

>>745243
As Cloak's delaying power gradually weakens, Crypto scoops up some cursed treasure in its mouth, and spews it back out at you, pelting you with gold which falls into your vestments and gets caught against your skin. More quickly manifests within your clothing, and ever more starts to appear…
>Shei loses 5 Hits
>27 seconds left…

>>745244
>>745243
>>745245
>>745242
The hardened ice around Crypto finally breaks away, melted by the waves of Magatsuhi. Despite his compounding weaknesses, Crypto refuses to give in, scrambling back upright into the sea of cursed treasure. He weathers Zjetya and Gadriel's pelting attacks, bleeding pure silver into the sea of gold, and dives underneath its surface. Flaming feels a pressure grab onto her leg, followed by a sudden downward tugging, as she's yanked into the depths of the cursed treasure sea!

[1d10+1] Crypto submerges Flaming!
[1d10+1] Crypto uses Investment!

Zjetya and Gadriel gasp with horror.

[1d10+3] Zjetya churns up winds with wing-beats, trying to blast away cursed treasure from Flaming!
[1d10+2] Gadriel looks about, trying to find where Crypto has dived so he can attack again!

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #3 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #4 1 + 3 = 4 / Roll #5 2 + 2 = 4

 No.745250

>>745249

>Amy wags her tail vigorously.


>"Like I said before, it all smells so good! I can't decide! I'll have whatever you think is best!"

 No.745251

>>745249
>>745245
As Pryce comes out to try and lift Shorthorns safely up from the cursed gold and carry her back to the canoe, the malevolent nature overwhelming Shorthorns causes her to lash out at Pryce, swinging her shield at him as he tries to lift her.
"GET OFF! Did I ask for your help, Pryce?! I'm going to tear the scales right off of that pig!"
[1d10] Rolling to recover

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.745252

>>745250
>"She hands you a shaker of salt."

 No.745253

>>745249
"Ah! Crap!" His voice almost cracks

Shei-Sher flaps his shirt up and down, inverts the cloth in his pockets and flaps out his cape.
[1d10] getting rid of the gold

"Well you'll never know if you don't try. And I'll be damned if anyone says I never tried."

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.745254

>>745252

>Amy stares at the salt shaker and laughs a little bit.


>"Okay fine, that makes sense. I'll take the best thing that you're actually cooking."

 No.745255

>>745251
>>745249
[if I have an action left to use."

Shei-Sher shoots a chain down into the sea of treasure, aimed to lasso Flaming.

>*Precise Switch Cane of: *Gravity and *Time [Spelltagged]

[1d10] lasso Flaming

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.745256

>>745251
>>745249
Pryce drifts back as Flaming swings her shield at him.
"You're not thinking clearly, look at your hooves! You're on the gold!"
Pryce shouts, trying to get reason back into Flaming. When the pig darts down, Flaming getting pulled under after her, Pryce's eyes widen in shock at how suddenly she disappears. Pryce puts his flaming hoof on the hilt of the Memory-Pluck, channeling the magic he stole from the demon. His horn glows gold as he casts it over the gold, splitting the massive sea of coins where he saw Flaming descend to reveal them!
>Circulation [Split the Sea] [1d10]
>Recharge 1; Spell; Ranged; Manipulates all cursed treasure already in the room, allowing you to move it as you please, either to attack or clear paths or to create barriers.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.745257

>>745249
>Protect Cooldown (1 turns)
>Salus (3 turns remain)
>Vision of Grandeur [with Pryce] (4 turns remain)
>Sulphureous Brume [Crypto debuff, Shorthorns buff] 3 turns remain
>Fossilization Recharge (3 turns)

Listing benediction after benediction and mantra after mantra, a holy light once again explodes off of the devout assassin's body, scintillating across the cursed coins and bathing the area with Hypomone's judgement.

>Phantasmagoria of Conquest: 3 times per Combat; Automatic; Sacrifice X hits to deal 4X damage and inflict a status condition (chosen when you learn this skill) on up to 3 targets.

Sacrificing 4 hits from 24 to deal 16 hits, reapplying Delayed
>Delayed; The results of any roll made by those affected by Delayed take place a turn after they would normally for the next 2+1 turns. Rolls to dodge or interrupt may be made at any point between this time.

He quietly offers a small prayer towards Pryce as well, seeing him suffer.
>I Dream of Strength: Instant; Recharge 1; Enhances the target's combat abilities until the end of combat. Every attack they land will do 1 extra hit of damage. Every attack made against them will do 1 less hit of damage, to a minimum of 1. This effect stacks with itself to a maximum of 3 successes.
[1d10] Pryce

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.745258

>>745251
>>745255
>>745256
As Pryce shouts out that she's on the gold, the negative emotions overwhelming her cause her to snap, "Shut up, I know that! I have 30 seconds to get off, that's more than enough time to filet this pig fish!"

As the healing spells washes over her, healing the aches and pains from the attack itself, Shorthorns grabs her shield tightly in hoof and charges towards 'Crypto', the demon of this golden treasure bit. As it sinks underneath the coins, she looks desperately around the pond until she feels the pressure grabbing onto her leg, looking down at the sudden snag as she slams her hoof downwards towards the pile, fire building up around her white fur and spreading over her body as she starts charging one of her ultimate abilities by tanking all the damage she's about to take under the surface. "I'll melt the whole lake if I have to!"
>Using the 3 on Dragon's Retribution to start charging, though it fails due to the 3

 No.745259

>>745256
>>745255
>>745253
>>745258
>Flaming 17/7
Shei is able to rid his shirt of treasure, and hooks his cane's end onto Flaming's foreleg, yanking her to a halt as Crypto pulls her along by the hindleg. But as Shei fishes for bison, he bumps into Pryce, throwing off the alicorn's focus upon the demonic spell he channels, creating… what can only be described as a disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGgegJ7xWjE

The seas of the cursed treasure start to swell and storm, flowing and ebbing just as wildly as any dark ocean caught up in a storm. Zjetya's wind-beats only make things worse, for as waves of cursed treasure flies up along the walls, her winds cast the flying treasure all about, including even a great quantity into the base of your canoe. Gadriel and River squirm and try to bail out the treasure, but it's far too late – too much of it is touching all over you, which creates ever more of it.

>Shorthorned: 21 s.

>Shei: 24 s.
>Pryce: 27 s.
>Cloak: 30 s. (fully clothed)
>River: 27 s.
>Gadriel: 27 s.
>KP/Lockjaw/Hopper: 27 s.
>Zjetya: 27 s.

Crypto squeals with pain as Cloak's prayers call down holy vengeance upon him. In his pain, he loses his grip on Shorthorned, but she's still trapped beneath the surface of the treasure sea. With her imprisoned for now, you see a furious swelling on the surface of the sea, as Crypto barrels toward you, surging with magatsuhi!

[2d10+1] Magatsuhi AoE vs. all except Shorthorned! (Delayed)

[1d10+3] Gadriel tries to raise a wall of Dhyana!

[1d10+2] Zjetya grabs KP and Hopper, then flees into the previous room to try to shake off the cursed treasure from them!

>>745254
>"At last, Salt seems to settle down once talk turns to food proper. She directs you to sit at one of the few clear tables in the laboratory. Later, she comes from the kitchen, bearing many bowls of thick broth upon her back. She serves them by slithering her body in place, causing the bowls to roll toward her head like a conveyor belt, with her head being the end of the line. Deriva and Volkama eye their bowls suspiciously, but Busta and Sulfur are already digging in, and so they shrug and eat."
>"'That's going to be 45 Theos,' Salt says."
>"'I… don't believe we have any,' Volkama says. 'What's the exchange rate on Bits?'"
>"What the FUCK are Bits!?' Salt snaps. 'How long has it been up there!?'"

Roll #1 8, 10 + 1 = 19 / Roll #2 10 + 3 = 13 / Roll #3 7 + 2 = 9

 No.745260

>>745259

>Amy's tail wags happily. She laps up the stew like a dog drinking water. When the subject of payment comes up, she looks around at everyone.


>"It's been like 2000 years."


>Amy shrugs as she gives her answer.

 No.745261

>>745259
>>745255
Shorthorns feels Shei's lasso grab hold of her foreleg, keeping her from being pulled underneath the surface of the coins and detaching her from Crypto's grasp. Her anger slowly starts to quell as she fights against the treasure trapping her, until she sees the massive SPLASH sending hundreds of the coins all over her friends.

"No… no no no!" She shouts, realizing how 'soaked' the canoe is in the treasurey death.

She quickly tries to pull herself free of the treasure, pulling on Shei's cane like a life-line, and presses her hoof to the nearest gold coin she sees, trying to turn them all into flowers. Hopefully, turning into something other than gold may mitigate the curse
[1d10] Using Sphere of Dark to turn the gold coins in the ship into a bed of flowers

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.745262

>>745259
Pryce falls into the boat as Shei crashes into him as they both try their own method of rescuing Flaming. He rights himself to see the terrible storm that has arisen, looking as their haven is flooded with coins. In a quick panicked thought, Pryce turns, horn glowing as he pushes River backwards, sending her and Lockjaw into a safe space.
>Subspace Walker [Automatic]
>2 times per combat; Hide yourself, an ally, or a medium-sized object within a Subspace pocket for four turns, or until they dismiss the effect. During this time, the target cannot attack or be attacked. If used on a sentient target, that target can now move through solid objects, barriers, etc within a short distance at will.

KP covers Hopper as the coins rain about, shielding the frog from the cursed treasure, giving a little yelp as Zjetya quickly picks him up and runs back to the safe room.

 No.745263

>>745259
A moment freezes in time as Shei realizes what just happened. He skitters around in the gold in panick. He tries something he only hopes will work. Grabbing his two horns in both his hooves he projects a blessing onto everyone.

>Princess Vinland's Opulence: Twice per combat; Automatic; Recharge 2 after effect ends; Sacrifice 1 Wound to negate all damage against you and your allies made this turn. Damage made next turn against you and all allies will be reduced by 3, minimum 1. Damage made the turn after that will be reduced by 2, minimum 1. Damage made after that turn will be reduced by 1, minimum 1. On the final turn, 1 Wound is restored to you and all allies.


[to halt/slow the progression of goldification]

Shei then reaches out to steal an action from Crypto

>Can I Borrow This?: Instant; Recharge 3(minus 1); Ranged; On success, you steal 1 of the target's chances to act next turn, completely stunning them if they can only take 1 action per turn. Next turn, you can use this stolen action in addition to your normal ones.

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.745264

>>745259
>Salus (1 turns remain)
>Vision of Grandeur [with Pryce] (3 turns remain)
>Sulphureous Brume [Crypto debuff, Shorthorns buff] 2 turns remain
>Fossilization Recharge (2 turns)
>Enemy Delayed (3 turns)
>I Dream of Strength (Pryce, 1 stack)

"Hmn… I do believe I've run out of prayers. That's a first." Leather notes to himself, mildly annoyed by the coins but unphased due to his full body wrappings. With all the prayers he can think of said, Leather readies a shot at the charging pig demon, aiming to cripple it's advance.

>Shatter: recharge 2, weapon; Breaks the target's defenses, opening them up for attack. Any attacks against a Shattered target crit on a 8+ for two+1 rounds. Can be used against inanimate objects or armor to break and damage them efficiently.

[1d10+4] DC-2, Crit DC-1, Ice element, Bullet element
[2d3] bonus Sallus damage

>charge will be delayed so no sense attempting Protect this turn


Roll #1 5 + 4 = 9 / Roll #2 1, 1 = 2

 No.745265

>>745260
>"Busta offers some Bits to Salt, who inspects them with fury. 'Not nearly as heavy as Theos. And made of such a low metal as gold. 2000 years! Are the people of your era so weak that you can't carry more substantial pocket change!? Urgh… just give me 90 of these, and we'll call it even.'"
>"'90!?' Volkama asks. 'This soup better be the best–'"
>"'It's cool, it's cool!' Busta protests. 'I'll cover it.'"
>"The stew is a creamy and beefy one, with onions, clove, carrots and even the lovely taste of bone marrow."
>"'Such a wonderful stew,' Deriva says, her mood rising significantly. 'And so much! Do you often cook for many?'"
>"'I said I cook for a whole pack,' Salt says. 'I'm the only one that the Capo sees anymore. He can't eat otherwise, not that he needs to.'"
>"'Then we just might have found our way in…' Volkama mutters."

>>745261
>>745262
>>745263
River yelps with shock as she and Lockjaw vanish into subspace, coins dropping from their hides. Back in the previous room, Zjetya shakes herself and KP off, then drops the colt onto the cloth rug near the room's entrance. "Stay there!" she demands, before flying back into the central treasure-chamber.

Shorthorned clings to her lifeline, bobbing up and down as the canoe does on the surface of the waves. The boat quakes and rocks as Cloak's massive elephant gun blasts through the treasure, the bullet shredding a deep silver hole straight through the pig demon, who bleats and squeals as silver blood and bronze gore splash up everywhere.

Despite the pig's cries, and despite the choking waves of magatsuhi that fill the air, a sudden calm descends over everything. Shei's power combines with Gadriel's Dhyana, engendering an air of soothing peace, even in the midst of this storm.

>Flaming no longer under mind alteration of Magatsuhi.

>All time counters frozen for this turn!

As Zjetya flies back into the room, she turns her attention to the boat, which is absolutely gold-logged from all that has fallen into the base. She beats wind into it, trying to clear out the evil treasure.

[1d10+3] Gust!

[1d10+3] Gadriel shoots his quills at Crypto once more!

[1d10+1] Crypto speeds up and rams the boat, trying to capsize you all!

Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10 / Roll #2 7 + 3 = 10 / Roll #3 8 + 1 = 9

 No.745266

>>745265
With River safe, Pryce turns to the boat, horn glowing intensely as he tries to grab the coins and toss them out of the boat, focusing on the ones on or near the party first to stop the curse from ticking away.
>Telekinesis [Clear Gold] [1d10]

>"Be safe!"

KP shouts as Zjetya flies back out, looking worried as she goes to assist the others. He holds onto Hopper tightly in concern.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.745267

>>745265
Shorthorn's anger dwells within her as her divine powers do not take afect, but as the sudden calm washes over her and everyone in the chamber from Gadriel and Shei's powers, her mind clears, the anger melting away as she calms her nerves and pushes down her anger.

"Ah… ah… what…" she says to herself, barely aware of her own actions as she realizes in retrospect how tunnel-visioned in rage she was only moments ago. Picking herself up to walk on top of the gold after being pulled free of Crypto's trap, she shakes her head clear of any more distractions, looking at Zjetya trying to use her wind to blow away all the gold. "Zjetya, hold on!"

She once again considers using her powers on the gold, until she sees Crypto charging head on at the boat. Realizing the situation will only get worse if he manages to capsize it, she uses her powers of a god on the gold itself, forcing a 'wall' of gold coins in the lake to solidify into a solid, powerful stone wall.
"Let's see if your head's as tough as mine! Crack your head on THIS!"
[1d10] Solid stone wall in Crypto's path

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.745268

>>745265

>Amy finishes off her delicious bowl as the negotiations are made.


>"It's sooooooo good! Love the savory taste! Where do you get such good ingredients down here!?"


>Amy looks to Volkama and cocks her head.


>"How are we supposed to bribe him with food that he already gets regularly?"

 No.745269

>>745265
>Salus recharge (1 turns remain)
>Vision of Grandeur [with Pryce] (2 turns remain)
>Sulphureous Brume [Crypto debuff, Shorthorns buff] 1 turns remain
>Fossilization Recharge (1 turns)
>Enemy Delayed (2 turns)
>I Dream of Strength (Pryce, 1 stack)
>Ice Debuff on Enemy (1 turn)
>Shatter Debuff on Enemy (3 turns)
(Because of Ice and Shatter, Gadriel naturally crits with a 7)

"For a demon who prides itself on its wealth of valuable metals, you don't react well to a donation of lead." Leather remarks, lining up another shot.

>I Dream of Strength, Self

[1d10]
>Basic Attack
[1d10+4] DC-2, Crit DC-4, Ice, Bullet

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 9 + 4 = 13

 No.745270

>>745265
Shei-Sher Shoots a chain from his cape to the ceiling. Aiming it to hook it within a crack in the ceiling or a chandelier.

[1d10] lasso roll

Shei-Sher also shoots many more individual chains to wrap around his allies as safety harness

[1d10] 5 targets to lasso
>Pryce, Leather, Gadds, River, Zjetya

In the midst of this, Shei tries to get a good look of Crypto
>appraise
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 4 = 4

 No.745271

>>745269
>>745265
>apparently still had 1 more turn of Sallus
>Sallus: Instant; Recharge 5; Self-Buff; For 3+1 turns, your physical attacks deal an additional 2d3 damage on success, rolled by you at the time of the attacks. If any of these attacks are natural critical hits, they will Blind the target, removing one of their chances to act next turn.
[2d3] bonus damage
Blinded due to natural crit of 9 (natural range being 6)

Roll #1 2, 2 = 4

 No.745272

>>745266
A sudden wave, combined with Zjetya's gust, catches you up into the sky, and you fall back onto the treasure. A sharp and horrid pain in your back, followed by the hot rush of blood, warns you that you've landed, spine first, onto the frame of a painting.
>Pryce loses 5 Hits and 1 Wound

>>745267
>>745266
>>745269
>>745270
Shei manages to bind the crew together, but when he tries to hook into a crack into the ceiling, all he does is dislodge some bricks, which fall onto his head with a bonk.

>Shei loses 2 Hits


Crypto bashes through the stone wall, deterred little by his injuries or by Shorthorned's creations. He rams his head into the boat, but it moves little; instead, the magatsuhi wave from the past turn crashes against the wall of Dhyana that Gadriel called up. It bashes against the translucent wall of spiritual energy, cracking it the first time, and shattering it on the next. But, you remain unharmed by Crypto's evil presence. Zjetya's winds manage to clear out the base of the canoe, leaving it clear for you.

>Shorthorned: 24 s.

>Shei: 27 s.
>Pryce: 30 s.
>Cloak: 30 s. (fully clothed)
>River: 30 s.
>Gadriel: 30 s.
>KP/Lockjaw/Hopper: 30 s.
>Zjetya: 30 s.

Crypto sinks beneath the surface of the treasure once more as Cloak and Gadriel riddle him full of holes. For a moment, you see and hear nothing more of him.

"Did we get–" Gadriel begins, before the surface shudders. All around you, the treasure starts to rise toward the ceiling, all in a fairly uniform way. "He's trying to crush us!" Gadriel hollers. "Find him!"

Gadriel and Zjetya peer over the rim, trying to see where the demon's hidden off to.

>roll perception before you can attack, -2 because of opaque nature of the treasure.


[2d10]

Roll #1 7, 8 = 15

 No.745273

>>745268
>"'The more presentable members of the labyrinth go forth and harvest it for me,'" Salt says.
>"'We could starve him?'" Volkama suggests.
>"'A bit on the crass side, aren't we, dear?' Deriva comments. 'I think we should slip in the next time Salt comes along with her food.'"
>"'Or, what if we made an even better dish for him?' Busta asks. 'Does he have a favorite meal?'"
>"Salt, overhearing this, takes the empty bowls, and pretends not to notice your discussion."

 No.745274

>>745272
>Salus recharge (1 turns remain)
>Vision of Grandeur [with Pryce] (1 turns remain)
>Enemy Delayed (1 turns)
>I Dream of Strength (Pryce, 1 stack)
>Ice Debuff on Enemy (reapplied, 1 turn)
>Shatter Debuff on Enemy (2 turns)

Tired of the repeated hiding of the demon, Leather grunts, holds up his shield as a bulwark to protect Shei, and lets forth a far more massive shock wave of holy power to scintillate across the coins, bathing the room in the reflected golden light.

>Protect, auto instant on Shei


>Phantasmagoria of Conquest

19 hits sacrificed to deal 76, puts Cloak at 1/7
>Delayed stacks reapplied

 No.745275

>>745273

>"That's cruel!" Amy admonishes Volkama at the suggestion of not giging someone food.


>"Would you let us use your kitchen to make something really good?" Amy asks Salt, her tail wagging. "It could be fun for you too! And, of course, we'll clean up first!"


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 5 + 4 = 9

 No.745276

>>745272
Shei-Sher Shoots a chain again toward the ceiling, trying to latch it within the stonework or lasso around a sturdy foundation.

[1d10]

In another motion, Shei raises his arm toward the treasure rising around the party on the boat, that threatens to crush them. He summons a dark corridor that ends on the other end of the room's ceiling. He does this to create a vacuum for the gold to fall through and create a path for the party's boat.

>dark corridor

[1d10] to cancel out Cryptos rising treasure effect

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.745277

>>745275
>"Salt stares you down, her mind and heart closing off at the mere mention of someone else touching her utensils."

 No.745278

>Conjure Weapon: Bow [Flare, Ranged, Single, +1]
>Snakeskin Cloak: 5 hits, 1 wound

>>745272
Pryce gasps as he hits the gold, the wind knocked from his lungs as the painting pierces his back. Even knowing he's on the gold, it takes him a moment to finally get up, albeit slowly, from the pain running down his spine. He hobbles back to the boat, horn casting a white light over himself to keep any linger damage from setting in.
>Return to boat [1d10]
>Prayer for Deliverance [Self] [Instant] [1d10+1]
>Recharge 2; Restore the target’s Hits to full, and give them +1 extra temporary Hit until the end of combat.

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.745279

>>745272
Shorthorns' eyes open wide as the monster just blows through the stone wall she had erected up to try and stop it, but looks nonetheless relieved when it at least seems to help slow down his momentum as it rams into the side of Gadriel's spiritual wall of energy.

She moves to climb back into the boat in order to get away from the cursed gold before it takes affect, but as the pool starts shake, and eventually rise, she looks down at the pool of gold as Crypto's new strategy becomes clear.

"I can't transform too much of the gold, we still need to find the pearl…" She says, trying to look towards the walls of the chamber as she focuses on opening up holes to divert the flowing gold from pushing them up to the top
[1d10] Dark sphere, creating 'channels' in the sides of the chamber to flow the gold into so it won't push them up higher

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.745280

>>745277

>Amy pouts.


>"Fine, what if we collected a bunch of really good ingredients for you?"


>Mantra of Equality [1d10+4] DC-4


Roll #1 10 + 4 = 14

 No.745281

>>745279
>>745278
>>745276
>>745274
Shei's focus has been thwarted by taking those bricks to the head, and he ends up placing the exit to the corridor directly over the canoe. Gold pours in from above, dropping onto the boat. Cloak throws up his shield over Shei, preventing much damage from the gold's weight, but Pryce and Shorthorned are pummeled by the treasure supply, as are Lockjaw and River when they finally re-emerge from subspace, dropping back into the boat.

>All but Shei lose 10 Hits, Pryce heals himself to full +1


"Look!" Gadriel suddenly cries. He points at a deep hole that's emerging in the treasure sea, and you see a badly wounded Crypto scrambling up the sides, caught in the whirlpool that's emerged – not of his creation, but from Shei's botched summoning of the Dark Corridor.

With the target in sight, Cloak readies one final shot, of a spiritual nature. He calls divine retribution down upon the demon, and with a final squeal, Crypto erupts into light and fire.

However…

The Dark Corridor Shei called in vanishes as he grows woozy from the blood dripping down his forehead. Even though Crypto has perished, the treasure continues to rise, for the evil magic the demon used has not yet been dispelled.

>All but Cloak at 27 seconds


"The pearl!" Zjetya shouts. "Just like Flaming said, it's not over 'til we have it!"

[1d10+3] Zjetya tries to toss up treasure with her wind-gusts.

[1d10+2] Gadriel dives into the treasure sea to try to swim about until he's got the pearl.

>>745280
>"Salt leans back until her head is nearly vertical, still casting murderous side-eye your way. '………………………………………………………………………………..Fffffffffffffffffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee… but I'm getting first taste on anything you make before you ruin my good name with your cooking!'"

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4 / Roll #2 1 + 2 = 3

 No.745282

>>745281

>Amy wags her tail.


>"Of course! It IS your kitchen! So, anyone have any ideas? I'm better at eating than cooking."

 No.745283

>Conjure Weapon: Bow [Flare, Ranged, Single, +1]
>Snakeskin Cloak: 5 hits, 1 wound

>>745281
Pryce looks ahead as River reappears, only to be pummeled by a torrent of gold along with Zjetya from Shei's corridor. His horn starts to glow, ready to free them from the torrent, but the jingling of coins from Crypto's panicked scrambles hits his ears. He turns his head, drawing his sword with his telekinesis and sending it forth like a spear in his magic ot pierce the demon.
>Telekinesis [Thrust Memory-Pluck] [1d10]
>Memory-Pluck; Steals an opponent's skill upon a hit, enabling the user to use it while the victim can't. Normal success = 1 use, Critical = 2 uses. Once you use the skill, the skill goes back to the victim. You can hold the skill indefinitely to simply deny its use by the victim. You can only steal 1 skill at a time.

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.745284

>>745281
>Protect for 3 turns, can't fall helpless in this time
>-10 hits, will fall helpless in 3 turns if not healed in this time

"I'm quiet injured, but I could seek out the pearl given my wrappings, did we have an idea of where it might be?" Leather says, reloading and strapping his weaposn to his back.

[1d10] seeking without leaving the ship yet.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.745285

>>745281
>>745281
Shorthorns grunts as the treasure pummels all of them in its rising tide, throwing off her concentration as she tries to make a funnel to divert the coin flow into.

However, as the gold peppers them and continues to push them closer and closer to the ceiling, she looks at the small whirlpool formed in the golden pool made by Shei's botched corridor.

"The Corridor… of course, it's a natural funnel that's taking the gold someplace else! Good idea -"
She comments, before noticing even Crypto struggling to swim against its tide before Cloak calls down upon one final strike to finish the monster. "It's done for!"

As Zjetya and Gadriel dive into the treasure to look for the pearl, she nods, trying to look for it among the endless sea of gold. "But where could it be…"

She pauses, pulling out her mirror that allows her to see everything from a top down angle. "I know this thing only looks down, but maybe it can help us find it no matter how deep it is so long as it's in this room."
[1d10] Perception, checking her magic item to see if it can locate the Pearl from above rather than just with their eyes

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.745286

>>745281
>>745283
Pryce looks ahead as River reappears, only to be pummeled by a torrent of gold along with Zjetya from Shei's corridor. His horn starts to glow, lifting the coins out of the boat to keep the party free from the curse.
>Telekinesis [Remove Coins] [8]

 No.745287

>>745281
Shei-Sher once again, hopefully for the final time, as his frustration mounts shoots a chain to latch to the ceiling.

[1d10]

With his left eye, he appraises his surroundings for the location of the pearl.

>appraise

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.745288

>>745282
>"'It would help if we knew what our target had a taste for,'" Volkama says.
>"'Meat,' Salt says."
>"'Any… particular kind?' Busta hazards."
>"'Trust me, they're not picky,' Salt says."
>"'They…?' Deriva notes. 'How many are we serving?'"
>"'Let's just say that you should prepare as many plates as you can possibly carry.'"

>>745287
>>745286
>>745285
>>745284
>All but Cloak at 24 seconds

As the treasure continues to rise, Shei at last hooks his chain to the ceiling, but the chain quickly picks up lots of slack as the tide of treasure rises and rises to the top. The boat capsizes, struck at last by Crypto's delayed bump of it earlier, and you're all tossed into the sea, held in place only by the chain that Shei's conjured. Shorthorned loses the Monstrance Mirror as it sails out of her grip, knocked loose by the impact. However, Shei sees it flowing into the whirlpool – at the center of which spins an orange pearl, caught in the throes of the churning treasure sea.

Gadriel and Zjetya fly over the fray, trying to lower themselves down into the whirlpool from above, reaching out carefully so as to not be caught within.

[2d10]

Roll #1 1, 5 = 6

 No.745289

>>745288
Pryce looks down as the gold continues to rise, the demon's control going out of control now that it has died. His horn glows, unsure of how effective he can be with demon magic, but attempts still to unweave it so they are no longer at risk of being buried alive or crushed.
>Unweave [Gold Creation] [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.745291

>>745288
>>745284
Shei-Sher manages to submerge himself. He points over to the whirlpool. "It's there! The pearl!"

Shei-Sher bears his guitar down and plays single chord, and hard.. The gap of air between the gold and the ceiling becomes denser, like a bubble pushing back at the rising gold.

>Staff of the Cloudsmith: Roll to change the weather in the local area to rainy, cloudy, stormy, or clear. Can store one weather pattern that is not on this list in its orb for future use


>DarkII affinity


[1d10+1]

Shei then causes the chain to attached to the ceiling, to reel into his cape, pulling him up flush against the ceiling.

[1d10] Pull Shei out of the gold and up to the ceiling.

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.745292

>>745288

>"So all we need to do is get a lot of meat and find a really nice way to cook it! Where can we get some good meat?"

 No.745293

>>745288
>Protect for 2 turns, can't fall helpless in this time
>-10 hits, will fall helpless in 3 turns if not healed in this time
>>745291
>>745289
>>745285
"I'll make my way over, though with the strain from the fight, I'll collapse before i make it. I'll try my best to make it there."

Leather says, leaving his rifle in the boat and making his way towards the pearl.

[1d10] head towards pearl, Tsiba if it makes it automatic

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.745294

>>745288
>>745289
As the Monstrance Mirror sails out of her grip, Shorthorn looks on in terror, fearing for the precious artifact not only for its usefulness, but as a gift from Regina. "NO! My mirror!"

She frantically looks around for it, not yet seeing the pearl or the mirror in the swirling whirlpool, but does see Pryce attempting to use the un-weaving spell to stop the rising gold. Seeing that as a good idea, she focuses her magic on her artifact, to try and undo the last spell Crypto cast in order to save them from the impending crushing ceiling
[1d10] Unweaving

>>745293
"Don't push yourself! Just keep an eye on wear it is if you're too injured, we can go out and grab it after we stop the gold from rising!"

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.745295

>>745291
"G-good eye, Shei! Can you see my mirror too, I lost my grip on it during the last tremor!"

 No.745296

>>745295
>Can you see my mirror too
"Yeah! Same place. In the whirlpool"

 No.745297

>>745292
>"'Unless you want to head all the way back to the surface, just use what we have here,' Salt says. 'It's too bothersome to have to pop all the way back up to the surface, so just refresh my stock once you're done here.'"
>"Salt shows you about the kitchen, pointing out the spice rack, meat cabinet, utensil storage, sauce bottles, seasoning barrels, and just about every other amenity you might need. Once the tour is done, Deriva helps herself to where many aprons and hats hang up. They're shaped more for draconic bodies, but she makes it work as she dresses each member of the party."
>"'Are you ready to get the fuck out of my scales and start cooking already?' Salt asks."

>>745294
>>745293
>>745291
>>745289
Gadriel gets caught in the whirlpool, but before he can succumb, Shei creates an air bubble about you, expelling the gold that covers your bodies. Just in time – the rest of the treasure pushes up against the ceiling as Crypto's magic runs haywire even post-mortem. Cloak, with his body straining, manges to air-step to the pearl, yanking it from the whirlpool.

The air-bubble groans and strains as the treasure presses up against it. "A dark corridor, come on!" Gadriel shouts. "Someone, anyone!"
"Wait!" River shouts. "Where's KP and Hopper!?"
"Back in the other room!" Zjetya says. "Oh gods– I left the door open!"

River tries to call forth a Dark Corridor to where KP waits.

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.745298

>>745297
>>Protect for 1 turns, can't fall helpless in this time
>-10 hits, will fall helpless next GM post if not healed.

Groaning out, Cloak tries to air step his way back to the boat before collapsing.

>since Tsiba worked, automatic

 No.745300

>>745296
>>745297
"Okay!" she shouts to Shei, ready to make a dive for it as they start to press up against the ceiling. As they start to run out of time and space, she struggles to help River and Shei with a Dark Corridor of her own, focusing it on the bottom of the massive pile of gold so as not to accidentally send the pearl or the mirror into it.

"Come on… one Dark Corridor, filter the gold out where it won't hurt anyone, come on!"
[1d10] Dark Corridor

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.745301

>>745297
Pryce exhales, channeling his magic again as he tries to dispel the magic. Aside from the door open to the next room, this gold could flood the whole labyrinth as rooms shuffle around. He pours all the magic he can to fight and break the demon's spell and end the treasury's threat.
>Unweaving [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.745302

>>745300
>>745297
Shei grimaces pathetically as everyone in the room fails to conjur a dark corridor

"…uuuuuuh?"
Shei flourishes his hoof

[1d10] dark corridor

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.745303

>>745297

>"Awesome! Then, let's wash up first!"


>Amy takes extra care to make sure she's clean.


>[1d10] for clean!


>"So, who here knows how to cook?"


Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.745304

>>745302
>>745301
>>745298
>>745300
The air bubble surrounding you shudders and pops, burying River, Zjetya and Gadriel in one fell swoop as the false treasure rushes to fill the last of the remaining air and crush you all. But, in a final moment of desperation, Pryce's horn fills with fire and light–

–When the light at last clears, you see that you are all bunched up together, quite warm as a result of Pryce's flame arm. All about you, the cursed treasure lies, but no longer mobile, and not quite squishing you to death as it first seemed. Gradually, the treasure starts to transform, becoming brittle and wooden.

"So… none of it was real from the start?" Zjetya asks.

"Don't take any wooden Bits!" Gadriel says to try to lighten the mood.

River bonks him with her staff. "Pryce, keep your arm from starting any fires. That's the last thing we need."

Shei soon conjures a Dark Corridor, which deposits you all back into the first room. Much of the wooden treasure had spilled into that room as well – you find KP and Hopper perched up on the frame of the doorway that leads back to the central chamber.

>>745303
>"Deriva and Volkama step forward as you splash about in the sink. Busta offers you a towel, but then takes it back. 'You'd better take a second round. You still smell like wet dog.'"
>"'Why don't we take care of this one?' Volkama asks. 'Amy, since you have the superior taste and have been eating meat longer than any of us, we'll follow your lead. Suggest the tastiest meat dishes that come to mind, and we'll cook it up.'"

Describing dishes in better detail will give Volkama and Deriva better roll bonuses for cooking. 5 dishes will be prepared.

 No.745305

>>745304
>collapse, lose a wound, out of combat so up

"What's concerning is they didn't turn back into the countless adventurers this location must have claimed. Who knows how many this demon had claimed." Leather rubs his forehead, strained from the fight, "Now the room's filled with kindling."

 No.745306

>>745304
>That's the last thing we need."
Right after Gadd's bad joke, Shei has one lined up "Knock on wood."

 No.745307

>>745304

>Amy washes better [1d10]


>"Pig tastes THE BEST! Especially when you cut it up into little strips and make it really hot. But, you can cut it into bigger hunks and eat it that way too! Either way, it's amazing!"


Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.745308

>>745304
>>745305
Shorthorns lets out a scream as the golden coin pile starts to push them up into the ceiling, burying them all in the cursed treasure with no way out… until the fiery, warm embrace of Pryce's magic envelops them all, returning them back to the 'base' level of the golden treasure trove as she looks around from the canoe, seeing everything back to normal.

As the golden coins start to turn into wooden bits, she looks down and laughs, letting out a loud laugh at Gadriel's comment, "It WAS all fake! Hahahaha… people who took this wouldn't even get anything *real* out of it even if it didn't turn them into gold themselves." She shakes her head, "What a room…" After Shei's Corridor takes them to the first room, she looks up at Hopper and KP, waving to them. "Hey! Are you two okay?"

>>745305
>>745304
She looks around, particularly Cloak as he grabbed the Pearl. "They might be buried beneath all of this… if they are here, we could give them a proper burial. The wood all around this room would make for a good pyre, though I don't think we could deal with the smoke."

"You got the Pearl, right? Did you happen to get my Mirror too?"

 No.745309

>>745307
>"You get squeaky clean."
>"'Salted bacon and pork shoulder for our opener,' Volkama notes, jotting down your suggestion. 'What about the second course?'"
>"Meanwhile, Deriva sets about preparing the first dish.

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.745310

>>745304
Pryce lets out a long held breath as the gold stops.
"Don't worry, I won't be burning anypony accidentally."
Pryce responds as the close contact bunch starts to open up more as the coins turn into little wooden discs.

>>745304
>>745305
>>745306
>>745308
When Shei gets them back into the previous room, KP looks down from his safe spot.
>"What happened in there?! I heard all these coins flying around and rocks and all kinds of crazy sounds, and then they started coming out here!"
"We're fine, and it's good to see you are too."

 No.745311

>>745309

>"Some kind of fish! Salmon is the best. With like some lemon juice or something on it!"


>As Amy talks, her tail wags vigorously and her mouth starts watering.


>"And then for desert, a chocolate ice cream cake! With cookies in it!"

 No.745312

>>745311
>>745309

>Amy looks to Salt. "Of course, if there's any ingredients you think should be added to any of this, feel free to help out!"

 No.745313

>>745308
"Just the pearl, it's all I had my energy for." Cloak admits, "My apologies."

 No.745314

>>745313
Shorthorns sighs, "That's alright, I know things were really hectic in there. I just need to go get it from the pile before we leave."

>>745310
"There was this HUGE demon in the coin pile, swimming around it like a fish who was trying to knock us into it! The last thing it did before CLoak killed it was raising the level of the coins, but Pryce was able to dispel it. I guess with its last spell gone and the demon dead, all the cursed gold turned back to normal… just, a bunch of fakes."

 No.745315

>>745311
>"'Unless you're going to go in there trying to kill the Capo, I'm going to veto those two suggestions,' Salt says. 'No lemon, and no chocolate.'"
>"'Hrm. You're the expert,' Volkama says. 'So that's two dishes we have. Stay on target, Amy, we need meat, as our generous tutor has informed us.'"

Deriva finds some salmon and begins to de-bone it.

[1d10+2]

>>745310
Lockjaw runs up and sniffs KP and Hopper to make sure they're both alright. Hopper raises his staff and spritzes everyone down, washing off a combination of sweat and grime that came from the cursed treasure back when it was filthy metal.

>>745310
>>745308
>>745305
>>745306
With the danger past, you spend a little time picking through the fragments of wood, until you at last recover the Monstrance Mirror. River also uses that time to treat everyone's injuries. Overall, there are not many – the more immediate threat seemed to be the instantaneous death of being turned into gold.

You step back into the central chamber with the second of the three pearls in hand… but just as you begin to wonder what may lie behind the third door, an intense rumbling nearly throws all of you off of your hooves. Zjetya and Gadriel drop to the floor, and Lockjaw and Hopper crawl into Pryce's clothing to avoid being flung against the walls.

"Oh no," Gadriel says. "Is that what I think it was?"

Another thunderous rumbling serves to confirm his suspicions.

The dungeon is reshaping itself.

"But we're not done yet!" River says. "What's going to happen to us!?"

A deafening and continuous shaking rattles the area, and does not let up. Chunks of stone and brick start to fall from the ceiling, and rock grinds against rock as the southern and western corridors slide away, being taken to parts unknown. The central chamber in which you stand splits in two, a chasm forming between the two halves.

"We need to get somewhere safe!" Zjetya says.

"There's only the locked wall and the third trial-room!" Gadriel says.

"Then I hope you can solve this one quick! C'mon!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm7b43TQxUU

>Paused, reply for next time


Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3

 No.746417

>>745315
KP pets Lockjaw as he runs up to check on his safety, assuring the little deviljho that he's alright. He shakes off the water after Hopper gives him a spritz, feeling refreshed. Steam comes off Pryce's fire leg at the little shower, helping to dry him off without needing to do much.

Pryce stands at alert when the shaking disrupts their recovery.
"The rooms can break apart? I thought for sure we'd be safe in one location."
He puts a hoof around the pets as they scramble to him, his wings spreading to River and Zjetya as well as the latter drops down to the ground. KP follows suit as well, joining the huddle.

"The last door, hurry!"
Pryce says, looking to the remaining east door, horn glowing as he quickly breaks any magic traps on it like the previous doors.
>Unweaving [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.746431

>>745315
After finding the mirror, Shorthorns lets out a sigh of relief, extremely glad to have found the precious mirror that Regina gifted them.

Upon entering the central chamber, as the quaking begins, Shorthorns steadies herself as she looks around. "Oh no… is it shifting again? Right NOW?! Of all the…"

She looks towards the third room, nodding in agreement with the others. "Right, if it changes now after we collected only two pearls we'll have to start all over gain, let's get in there."

Noticing Pryce attempting to break any magic on the door, Shorthorns gets an idea, and tries to at least slow down the shifting of the dungeon by seeing if she can use her Unweaving ability on the room around her to stop the shifting.

[1d10] Unweaving

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.746489

>>745315
>>745315
"If there is any mechanism that will need testing, I will have the fortitude to brute force it at least for a small amount of time, so do not make hasty choices just because we are running out of time. Patience lasts even in times like these." Despite his pontificating, Cloak still trots in place, ready to move on to the next room as the others magically do away with any traps.

 No.746552

>>746417
>>746417
>>746489
"This will sound weird, but does anyone else find the rumbling soothing?" unbeknowst to them the vibrations and cascading rock beneath and below massaged Shei's tinnitus.

He says, as Shei follows Pryce into the room ahead

 No.746564

>>746417
>>746431
>>746489
>>746552
It seems that the Eastern door only had a physical trap mechanism, which Cloak disabled earlier; if the Western door's physical lock and the Southern door's magical lock suggested anything about their contents – the false treasure trove and the magical sport – then it seems logical that this one will do the same.

Beyond that door lies a long hallway – an utterly empty hallway, devoid of decoration or even of any manner of fortification or furniture, distinguished only by its great length. Zjetya, Gadriel and River nearly collide with one another as they grind to a halt behind you, pacing in place with barely-controlled anxiety.

However, Pryce and Flaming cause the grating of the dungeon's rearrangement magic to greatly slow. The rumbling lessens in volume and speed, and nothing falls from the ceiling, offering you all a little time to think this through before pressing onward. Your companions remain utterly silent, trying not to add to the tension of the situation.

 No.746568

>>746552
"If it wasn't going to separate us, possibly."

>>746564
Pryce halts they enter into the long, empty hallway. The last trial gave them more than enough reason to not trust anything this dungeon holds.
"There has to be traps here…"
Pryce thinks a moment, and then takes out the Skelebutler's Bell, ringing it to conjure the skeletal butler.
"Can you walk down this hallway?"

 No.746592

>>746564
>>746568
Leather waits to see what happens before commenting.

 No.746593

>>746568
>>746431
Shei grimaces as the rumbling becomes subdued. "Now why did you have to go and do that.."

>>746564
>>746568
>>746431
>>746489
Shei is dumbfounded for why everyone has stopped, it takes him a moment but then he realizes their reservations "So the day has come I'm more gungho than my compatriots. Well I'm not going by myself."

Shei stands by plucking at his guitar as he waits for Pryce's skelebutler to do his job.

 No.746607

>>746564
>>746568
>>746592
>>746593
Shorthorns lets loose a sigh of relief as she feels the machinations of the shifting dungeon slow down all around them, looking to her friends with a smile. "That should buy us some time. Let's find the last pearl and get to the last door!"

As they enter the final door only to see the long, empty hallway, she nods in agreement with Pryce. "Yeah, no way this is just an empty hallway. Bet the whole thing is riddled with booby traps."

As PRyce creates his Skelebutler to test the way, Shorthorns looks to Shei. "Let's do what we did back in the last chamber, make a dummy together… only this time it DOESN'T feel pain, got it?"

[1d10] Using Sphere of Dark (Primary) and Sphere of Life (Secondary) to create a fire-buffalo that can go through the hallway with skelebutler.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.746617

>>746568
>>746607
>>746593
>>746592
The Skelebutler appears alongside Shorthorned's flame buffalo, only this buffalo is quite small, from being made in such haste. The two turn about, and head down the hallway at a quick trot. They do not get more than ten paces when the tile underneath them shudders, then rises – becoming a column of stone. In an instant, both are squished up against the wall, and destroyed instantly.

Zjetya, River and Gadriel turn dreadfully pale, pacing in anticipation.

 No.746626

>Amy
To review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUkg7fo8eLY

You stand in the middle of the kitchen belong to the Dragon of Salt, companion to the Dragon of Sulfur and the Dragon of Mercury, the three guardians of this region of the dungeon – known as God's Entombed – which guards the way between your World and Tartarus.

Currently, Deriva, Volkama and Busta are putting together meals that you plan to bring to the Capo, who guards the Great Seal of Tartarus. The entrance to the Capo's layer appears and disappears at the Capo's whim, and thus you must bring an offering to appease him.

You've just suggested salted bacon and pork shoulder for the first of five dishes that you will bring to him. As for the second dish, Salt shot down your suggestion for lemon salmon and chocolate ice cream cake, because that would "kill" the Capo.

>"'Yes, yes, that all sounds right,' Salt says in response to the narration. 'But regular salmon would suffice. Three dishes and a dessert still remain.'"


So it goes. What say you?

 No.746631

>>746626

>"Hmmmmm," Amy makes a little whining sound. "Ice cream is the best! What else could he like as a desert!? Pie? Apple pie is pretty nice!"


>"Some kind of soup would be nice. Like chicken noodle!" she wags her tail, her simple taste showing.

 No.746643

>>746631
>"Deriva and Volkama look to Salt for her judgment. She grumbles something about nutritional value, but nods. "That will do. Only two dishes are necessary now."

>cooking rolls for salmon, apple pie and chicken noodle soup


[3d10+3]

Roll #1 8, 2, 5 + 3 = 18

 No.746649

>>746643

>Amy makes struggling sounds as she think.


>"What other parts of a meal are there usually?"

 No.746650

>>746617
KP jumps as the column rushes up and crushes both the skeleton and the buffalo. Pryce tries not to show it, but he is a bit shocked by the quickness of the trap too.
"This… might not be too bad. If the traps are all on the floor, somepony could fly over and get the orb. Though, we'll need to test it first."
Pryce pulls off his bracelet, attempting to conjure a paper airplane to toss down the hall to see if the airspace is safe.
>Hat Magic [Paper Airplane] [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.746663

>>746650
>>746617
(post assuming Pryce makes his attentions known) Leather offers his own parchment, "Will you use telekinesis? Even paper airplanes eventually fall."

 No.746664

>>746649
>"Volkama looks over what has been prepared so far. 'If we call the salmon an unconventional appetizer, and the soup the… well, the soup, then we're just missing an hors d'oeuvre, and a salad.'"
>"Salt rolls her eyes. 'Good luck getting him to accept a salad…'"
>"'The meal won't be complete without it!' Busta says. 'Amy! What salad would a meat eater enjoy!?'"

 No.746666

>>746617
>>746650
"Yeah, surprisingly straight forward of a crucible." Shei-Sher snaps his hoof and his aura expands to fill the region of hallway ahead of them.

>PHASE AURA: Your body sheds light in a small radius of 5 meters, in a color you choose when you learn this skill. All creatures in this range cannot turn invisible or become hidden, creatures already hidden or invisible are made clear, and incorporeal beings and lingering magical effects and wards manifest a visible shape. Effect persists roll minus five turns (six lasts one, seven lasts two, etc.)

[1d10+1] to reveal traps

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.746667

>>746666
check em

 No.746668

>>746664

>"Pasta salad! That totally counts as a salad! Macaroni noodles with bacon! And, whatever else you have to do to make it a pasta salad!"

 No.746678

>>746663
"I will if it falls and triggers nothing. If the plane sets off a floor trap, then it helps to clear away more traps from our path."

 No.746695

>>746668
>"Volkama, Deriva and Busta look to Salt in disbelief. She rubs her head with her claws. 'You may find it hard to believe, but it's not impossible to make that dish here. Search the barrels yonder. They are labeled as pasta.'"
>"While they work, Salt sighs. 'Okay… now we just need the hors d'oeuvre.'"

[1d10+3] Macaroni salad

Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.746715

>>746617
>>746650
>>746663
Shorthorns looks on in surprise as the column pushes up on her little fire buffalo, smooshing it into ashes along side the Skelebutler as she takes a moment to contemplate. "Yep, DEFINITELY trapped."

As Pryce suggests using flight, she looks on as Leather offers a peace of paper to make an airplane. "Good idea: if the air-space is clear, then most of us can get across no problem just by carrying the others. If it isn't, maybe I can disable the traps by turning the floor into something, like soft dirt or flowers"

 No.746734

>>746715
>>746678
>>746666
>>746650
The parchment airplane makes it a little further than the skelebutler and the buffalo do, but as it passes between a pair of rounded torch sconces embedded in the wall, twin jets of flame gush out, incinerating it in short order.

Then, as Shei expands his aura, you can see a number of floor tiles, ceiling tiles, and even some of the torches become outlined in a sharp black, including the tiles which crushed the skelebutler.

>for the next two turns, you do not have to roll to avoid traps.


But despite this small victory, more challenges persist. A chunk of the ceiling behind you falls away, crumbling to the ground. Still more shakes overhead, threatening to come loose as the dungeon continues its restructuring.

>roll dodge, DC 8


[3d10+2] Gadds, River, Zjetya

Roll #1 6, 3, 2 + 2 = 13

 No.746737

>>746734
Shorthorns observes the scene as their forces move through the deadly field before them. "So most of them seem to be on the floor for the first part, but there are traps on the ceilings and the torches too. At least we can see them now though, so we 'should' be okay as long as we avoid the parts with the traps."

As the ceiling starts to shake, Shorthorns gives a gasp, "R-right, we have to keep moving! Everyone into the hallway, don't touch the black parts and we'll be fine! I think your plan to fly through will work guys, but only if we don't touch the walls, the floor, the ceiling, none of it!"

[1d10+1] Shorthorns dodging (and moving into the hallway)

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.746740

>>746695

>"One time, I had these really neat like… little chunks of cheese fried in bread or something. They were really good! Does that count as a horse nerve?"


>Amy gets the word totally wrong, and screws her face up trying to remember the food she's talking about.

 No.746741

>>746740

>Name fix.

 No.746742

>>746737
>>746734
There's a few seconds of lag time before Shei realizes Flaming ran ahead into the hallway. He follows suit so his aura can light the path for her.

"You heard her! If your life is too valuable to wait for a dark corridor to then start running"

Shei's swing flatly in strong gusts as he leaps forward, gliding through the corridor.

>Dodge roll

>dc reduction from goatcraft
[1d10+1]

>phase aura

[1d10+1] to extend duration

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #2 10 + 1 = 11

 No.746753

>>746734
>>746666
Pryce watches the the plane trigger flames from the torches, then revealed by Shei that there are traps all over each side of the hallway.
"So there's no guaranteed way to get through here. Good job Shei."
Pryce says to the goat, now that they can see where to not step.

When the ceiling begins to shake, Pryce near gets ready to move forward so they can finish this trial. But as the rock above begins to fall, he jumps back to River and Zjetya to get them out of harms way.
>Assist their Dodge [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.746797

>>746734
Leather starts running down the hall normally, using Tsibi to dodge instead of just for normal movement.

>Tsiba: Passive/Auto-Instant; As an Auto-Instant action, you are able to jump between any of the different ranges in combat, except for Burrowed (ie, can move from Far (player) to Far (enemy), from Melee to Aerial, etc). As a Passive, this ability also enables you to jump multiple times in the air by solidifying light beneath your hooves and kicking off of it. If you can already fly, you can use this to gain +2 to dodge and other movement-focused rolls while flying. If used to evade an attack, make a roll. The DC for success is (Attack Roll -1). On failure, critical or regular, you take half-damage.


>using the secondary part of the ability to help

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.747031

>>746740
>"'We can do stuffed bread,' Salt relents. 'Finally, something that isn't going to strain the budget…'"

>You smell some burns as Deriva and Volkama and Busta cook, but things seem to be coming along quite well…


[1d10+3] cooking stuffed bread

>>746742
>>746753
>>746797
>>746737
You break into a run as the hallway begins to collapse behind you, weaving around every black square, line and outline that you see laying before, to the sides and above you – and sprinting straight through any that encompass the whole of the hall. Spike-tipped arrows shriek overhead, jets of flame roar up from below, and trapdoors fly open, but you manage to evade their cruel punishments. Shei's aura lights the way, and a subtle spider-silk thread manifests within it, providing an optimal path through the traps.

>No trap rolls necessary for the rest of this room.


But the unpredictability of the hall's collapse leaves these victories short-lived. It is as you make it over a snare trap that a gash of rock comes loose from above, pinning River and Zjetya below it. As Pryce doubles back to pull them out, he steps into a nearby trap, and gets his leg caught as the tile below him splits in two and closes again, like a vicious bite. The disruption of the run results in Cloak and Shei being caught by debris as well.

>all lose 1 wound, besides cloak who loses half his hits


Before you can figure out how to disentangle River and Zjetya, a further problem complicates things – this section of hall rattles violently, but you can see that the rest of the hall is not affected. Suddenly, your stomachs fly up as that section of hallway, about 15 meters before and behind you, starts to sink. Above you, the rest of the hall remains where it was. As the section you're in sinks, you can see that what lies ahead is not earth, but some kind of mysterious void – the kind into which Amy vanished. There's still enough time to do something before the section you're in sinks away from the stable section of hall.

Despite the pain, River and Zjetya look on in silent shock as they weigh their choices.

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.747074

>>747031
Pryce grunts in pain as the tile clamps around his hoof like a bear trap, halting his attempt to save Zjetya and River. When the hall starts to shake and sink away, dread sinks in, unsure of where it will fall too, or if there'd be a way out from it's destination.
His horn glows black, his magic encompassing the rock pinning River and Zjetya to push it away to free them.
"Go on, get to safety before it's too late!"
>Subspace Walker [On rock] [Auto]
Subspace Walker: 2 times per combat; Automatic; Hide yourself, an ally, or a medium-sized object within a Subspace pocket for four turns, or until they dismiss the effect. During this time, the target cannot attack or be attacked. If used on a sentient target, that target can now move through solid objects, barriers, etc within a short distance at will.

 No.747084

File: 1600064052473.jpg (74.21 KB, 580x456, enochian stuff.JPG)

>>747031
A hearty helping of bricks nail Shei on the head. He yelps in bloody protest "AH! THATS THE SAME SPOT!" as in the last room was a test to see how many times he could be hit on the head with ceiling material.

Staring ahead into the apparent void, Shei remembers Amy's description of where she found herself. Perhaps the same way he helped her could help here.
The membrane of Shei's aura waxes along the walls, he wipes his hoof across the breathing light as rays shred out from and a cacophonous sound of static. He seems to inspect the sound as he does it again.

He begins talking to himself "Sera, Sohpia, Zadkiel, ZXAS, ZORGE. IXIS. SAAIEME. IMEGCBE. DEIMO.A " occult monikers, or gibberish, but soon the names or words, consonants, vowels, they mix together by no means of acceleration. The spoken words clash on top of one another. And now Shei-Sher is speaking static from his mouth.

https://pastebin.com/YJFusUgn
>Shepherd's Tone: one effect per 6 turns, stackable, negates resistances; Divinity transposed through rock and roll……… Player may describe environmental effects on planes where the environment is nebulous i.e. dreams, astral plane, chaotic planes, etc……..

His horns vibrate and sound, like a tuning fork freshly stricken. The void breathes light and soon becomes a static aurora of solid light.

[1d10+1] to make the void into solid space

LIGHT.IV DARK.III
[1d10+1] To give definition to the definitionless void

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 3 + 1 = 4

 No.747085


 No.747090

>>747031

>Amy wags her tail.


>"This sounds like a good meal! We're done now, right!? How long until it finishes cooking?"


>She bounces impatiently.

 No.747098

>>747031
Leather keeps moving, bouncing across pillars of light to avoid falling into the void below.

>Continued use of Tsiba

 No.747100

>>747031
As the debris falls around her, pinning several of her comrades under the refuse from the ceiling. "Uh oh… hold on everyone, I'll get you free!"

Her panic doubles as the floor starts to sink beneath them, realizing they're about to be pulled into a potentially even worse fate as she watches Pryce work to pull Zjetya and River free. With them taken out of the rubble, she runs over to help them up if they have trouble walking, offering to take one while Pryce takes the other. "I'll make us a path way up!" She says as she puts her hoof to the sinking hallway floor, making it rise up into a set of stone stairs reaching up to the next section that has NOT yet begun to sink!

[1d10] Dark II to manipulate the stone floor into a stone stair-case to get above the sinking segment.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.747175

>>747100
>>747098
>>747084
>>747074
River and Zjetya come free with a gasp as the hunk of stone vanishes into subpsace, setting them free with only minor injuries. As the section of hallway sinks deeper into the earth, Flaming raises a stairway of her own, connecting the floor of the sinking hallway section to that which remains where it is for now. The stairway grinds to a halt, held fast by this new connection. But, the stones grumble and grind, and cracks quickly form in the stairs as the dungeon tries to re-arrange itself still.

However, an alternative arises – on either side of the hallway, the void of swirling, indeterminate space suddenly takes on clarity and definition, dimensions and reason, manipulated by Shei's power. A path extends from both openings of the sinking hallway section, both sloping downward, to parts unseen and unknown. Thus, three options are available to you – upward on the stairs, toward the pearl; downward and toward the right side of the screen; downward and to the left side of the screen.

Gadriel helps up Zjetya and River, both of whom look more concerned for KP's sake.

Remember the vertical view of this area

>>747090
>"Salt just grumbles something inaudible. The text at the bottom of the screen produces an onomatopoeia to express her grumblings."
>"After some time, Deriva, Busta and Volkama step forward, bearing… four trays of dishes. You can see behind them that some hacked-up and burnt remains of salmon are sitting upon the counter. It looks like it was quite a battle with the salmon, one that ended with defeat."
>"'Still, with four dishes, we will have quite an entrance,' Busta says."
>"'Quite, so you can stop bouncing in my kitchen,' Salt says, regaining her earlier disgruntlement. 'Now have fun convincing Mercury to help you, or at least not stop you.'"

 No.747181

>>747175
Pryce's horn glows, pulling apart the tile trap that snapped around his hoof to free himself.
>Telekinesis [1d10]

With the section of hallway momentarily stable, Pryce notes the others concerned over which way to go.
"We'll continue to the pearl. With an environment like this, it's better to go with what we know than the unknown."
He says, looking down at KP as he sees River and Zjetya's worry, spreading a wing over his younger self to help guard him through the trek ahead.

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.747188

>>747175

>"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Amy thanks Salt enthusiastically. "Thanks for all the help. You're nice when you want to be!"


>"I want to hug you because you're my friend now, but I'm sure you probably wouldn't want that."


>Amy gives Salt a pouty face and puppy-dog eyes.


>[1d10+4] Mantra of Equlaity DC-4 to get a hug from Salt


Roll #1 8 + 4 = 12

 No.747189

>>747188
>"'I only hug those who can cook a dish that will impress me,' Salt says. 'Come back when you think you can accomplish that.'"
>"You can feel a distant rumbling, which feels as though it comes from high above, and some distance to the North. The others look up, wondering how fares the rest of your party. 'Perhaps someday,' Volkama says. 'But now is not the time for attempts. If there is nothing else, we must be off to where this Mercury awaits.'"
>"'About that,' Sulfur says. 'Mercury isn't exactly awaiting us, or anyone. Guy's always going here and there, doing some kind of chore or errand every hour of the day. He sometimes even heads topside. But, the good news is that I know for sure he's here right now.'"
>"'How can you know?' Busta asks."
>"'You felt that rumbling just now?'" Sulfur responds.

 No.747198

>>747189

>"Sounds fun!" Amy says with a wag of her tail. "Let's go find him!"


>Amy uses her keen dog senses to follow the source of the vibrations.

 No.747226

>>747198
>"Salt, after a moment's hesitation, bids farewell to you all, and casts a small incantation over the meal plates to ensure that they remain hot and fresh until the covers on the trays are removed."
>"'You will forgive us if we cannot assist you in battle,' Deriva says. 'We will have our hooves full trying to keep these plates from being knocked over until they can be eaten.'"
>"'I am positive she will keep it under control, dear,' Volkama adds, casting protective bubbles over himself, Deriva and Busta."

>"You head out from the kitchen once more, coming back the way you came. The vibrations came from the North, and there are two options available to you from this juncture: West, the way you came with Sulfur, and East, to parts unknown.


>Sulfur waits nearby, ready to offer what assistance he can.

 No.747235

>>747175
Shorthorn lets out a sigh of relief as the connection is created, but gasps as she sees it already beginning to crumple. "QUICK

 No.747236

>>747175
>>747181
Shorthorn lets out a sigh of relief as the connection is created, but gasps as she sees it already beginning to crumple. "QUICK! Everyone get up while it holds!"

However, as the 'top-down' alternative paths present themselves, she looks between the two of them, considering which one to take: the two that are safest but lead away from their destination, or the crumbling stairs leading to the Pearl.

As Pryce makes the call, Shorthorns nods. "Yeah, I agree, we can't afford to lose sight of it now or we may never see it again! Shei can keep the other dors open as a back-up in case the tunnel collapses!"

[1d10+1] Running up the stairs

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.747277

>>747175
>>747181
"I agree, no sense making hasty decisions. Patience and perseverance will bring us victory!" Leather Cloak nods, following his friend towards the pearl

>Even more Tsiba, with some assisted dodge rolls if needed

Tsiba [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.747315

>>747175
>>747236
>>747277
>>747181
>Shei can keep the other dors open as a back-up in case the tunnel collapses!"
"No can do." Shei briskly trots to the Right Hand staircase. "Amy went down, so I'm going down. Try not to die without me -see you later." He turns his back from you all and begins traveling down the the Right side stairs at a brisk pace.

>>747175
Shei runs down the Right Side Staircase, smirking, stifling cackles from himself. "I put Crow-ley and every Occultist under the Sabuul's moonlight to shame." hoof steps echoing across the walls "Smudging the script -Ha!- how profane.." and shadows produce in his periphery as his white flamed lantern lights the way. "Bet you're awful proud Buiwong! Now I'm dancing the dance of heathen gods! These arts, they're fruitless. Why did I come all this way just to arrive where I started. Power is nothing- Power is nothing -control, power, to know -its…"

"focus. I need to find Amy." Shei realizes the dungeon is intelligent. It sorted Amy with the demons. And how to could Shei make himself appear demon while the dungeon is shifting.
Shei-Sher lets out a light, steady stream of magatsuchi from himself. Emitting just enough to obscure his identifying auras.

>Phase Aura still active (5 Turns)


>Dark.III

[1d10+1] emitting magatsuchi

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.747486

>>747315
"Wait, Shei, where do you think you're going?! You can't just run off through this place and think you'll end up in the same spot as her, the dungeon is shifting as we speak!"
Pryce shouts out to the goat as he goes off alone into the darkness.

 No.747552

>>747226

>Without giving it a second thought, Amy heads East.

 No.747553

>>747181
>>747236
>>747277
Flaming gets clipped by a sharp pillar of stone that falls from above, denting her armor deep into her side.

>Flaming loses 1 Wound


But, Cloak pulls her free just as her legs buckle beneath her, and yanks her to safety.

As you get back on track toward the third pearl, you find that the hall beyond looks much like what you have traversed already. But despite that seeming simplicity–

Without warning–

"□ □ □ □ □ □ □!"
"□□□□□□□□□□□□□?"
"□□□□! □□□□□□□□□□□□□□ □□□□□□."
"□□□□□□□ □□□□□ □□□□□□□…"

Throughout your entire time on this floor, all words you have said have appeared to you in the form of text boxes, though you can all still hear one another. But now, a series of boxes appears over your shared field of view. The boxes start to pile up over one another as they all fight for control of the screen. Nonsense characters and strange symbols fill the boxes, entirely without use. The speaker or speakers are unseen, but so is the hallway and the traps within.

Despite this, you can still feel the rumblings of the crumbling dungeon, reminding you of your time limit.

>>747486
>>747315
Shei's field of vision is also filled with the aforementioned text boxes, but the further he gets down this alternate path, the smaller they become, until at last the nonsense characters no longer obscure his screen. Gadriel bumps into him from behind, getting tangled up briefly.

Though Shei tries to bait the dungeon with more of his demonic essence, the dungeon does not seem to be taking it. Rather, the solidified section of subspace in which he walks is now, quite literally, unfolding itself.

A wall is before him and Gadriel, and it falls forward, becoming a floor. To the east of that panel, and to the south, and to the north, there are other walls, which fall forward. More walls remain behind them, but the ones to the north and east do not fall. However, to the south, the process repeats once more. "It's–" Gadriel snaps his fingers with realization. "It's unfolding like a cube!"

 No.747554

>>747552
The others follow behind at a distance as you take the lead. Moving in this strange visual dungeon is quite disorienting – your body seems to want to move primarily in multiples of 90 degrees whenever you are not in a room, such as when you were in Salt's kitchen.

Stiffly, you turn to the east, and soon are forced to round a corner to the north, then again to the west. So far, the rest of this floor is as padded and in good condition as what you have seen so far.

After some time traveling down the west corridor, you come to a three-pronged intersection. To the south and north are bends that you cannot see around, while ahead of you, further west, is a door.

 No.747556

>>747553
>"It's unfolding like a cube!"
"So then we're standing in a cross.." Shei quickly pans his head over to Gadriel. "Gadds! What the hell! You followed me down here." He is just now alerted to Gadds' presence apparently to his displeasure.

 No.747557

>>747554

>Amy skips up to the door.


>"Knock knock," she says in a sing-song tone as she knocks on the door.

 No.747558

>>747557

[1d10] for friendly knock knock!

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.747559

>>747553
Pryce glances down ay Shei as he takes the other path, shaking his head as the goat goes off on his own.

Pryce pulls in KP closer as their view is covered by the strange blocks, moving and tilting his head to try and see past them.
"What are these? Is there somepony else here?"
He mutters, horn glowing as he tries to dispel them, unsure of the source or cause.
>Unweaving [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.747561

>>747315
"What?!" Shorthorns asks as Shei states he's goign off on his own to find Amy. "I understand that, Shei, I want to find Amy more than anything too, but we shouldn't split up anymore than we already have!" She shouts after him as he takes off, hoping it's not too late for her words to reach the goat.

>>747553
Shorthorns grunts as the pillar of stone slams into her, thanking her new armor and thicker hide for what protection it provides as she struggles to pull loose from the rubble. As her legs give way though, she looks on as Leather swiftly swoops in to save her, letting her breathe out a sigh of relief as she looks to him. "Saved me again, Leather, you're getting good at that!"

As they move back on to the stable part of the hallway, she looks at the sudden mysterious text as it appears on-screen, her own voice/textbox popping up in confusion as she asks, "Huh?! D-did that part look broken to anyone else? Wait, even more of them are popping up, I can barely-"

Shorthorn's words get covered by the text-boxes appearing in masse, her own questions drowned by the mysterious boxes as she continues focusing on running ahead towards the end of the hallway, avoiding the trap-spots lit up by Shei's spell.

[1d10+1] Moving to the end of the hall

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.747563

>>747556
"That's what you're fixated on!?" Gadriel screeches.

The floor below you begins to dissolve back into the chaotic void from which you drew it, apparently becoming unstable once more. You hear a creaking of stone ahead and to the sides – you might want to pick a direction to travel.

>>747557
>"There is no response. A quick test of the handle reveals that is is not trapped, but it is locked."

 No.747567

>>747561
"Consider it practice looking after children." Cloak says under his breath, adding quickly, "No comparison though, let-" Leather Cloak is soon overwhelmed with the text boxes as well, "-s get a move on."
>>747553
Remaining stalwart, Cloak holds the forward key, blindly pushing forward in the hopes that the dramatic cutscene is only to punish hesitation.
[1d10] Continued Tsiba

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.747569

>>747563
"Vex- the south end. Now." Shei begins running ahead toward the southern end of the unfolding room.

"What I mean is, you were team Etac's only means of Prognostication. What were you thinking leaving them."


[Last 50 Posts]
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]