[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1534643451418.jpg (322.86 KB, 1400x779, alex-ichim-scifi-artist.jpg)

 No.700690[Last 50 Posts]

It's happening!

 No.700691

File: 1534643986057.png (1.11 MB, 1920x800, 2141-scificruiseship.png)

It is a lawless time in the galaxy. Eighteen years after the Schism, Luna has vanished along with her most devout. In the wake of the civil war and the subsequent turmoil, criminal syndicates have risen to power, competing for valuable resources with themselves and the Solar Empire. Food, medicine, and fuel are highly controlled and sought after, save by the most elite.

The year is 553 ATF. Above the planet of Coridon, a semi-uninhabited world known for its exotic beaches, a luxury cruise vessel named the Geminian has entered orbit. Its occupants: upper class patrons from the capital of New Canterlot, the creme de la creme of galactic society. It is on this decadent vessel that five wandering souls would happen to meet under unforeseen circumstances….

 No.700692

File: 1534644206565.gif (9 MB, 500x400, 52d9b35181578642c823f63a45….gif)


 No.700693

File: 1534644453949.png (209.31 KB, 1600x1200, 1534465935611.png)


 No.700694

File: 1534644714421.jpg (118.95 KB, 1544x1544, Peyoot!.jpg)


 No.700695

>>700694
(oops)

 No.700696

File: 1534645192845.jpg (313.19 KB, 1920x2560, Glitter Pop.jpg)


 No.700697


 No.700698

>>700692
It's your lucky day! While this isn't normally your scene, you were fortunate enough to win a ticket on board the cruise ship. Lasting one week, the cruise will take you and a few other lucky patrons on a wild, non-stop cruise through the Coridon system. There'll be music, luxury services and, most importantly, partying. First stop, planet Coridon itself, one of the most well-known tourist traps in the galaxy. Due to how expensive it normally is, you've never been to Coridon yourself, but have heard all sorts of crazy stories about it. The cruise has only been going for about a day, so the fun for you's only just started. One of the opening performances will be a concert held by Glitter Pop; you've never heard of her until now, but you get the feeling it'll be a wild ride.

>>700693
>>700697
As chance would have it, the same thing has brought the two of you here: or rather, the same target. Through your connections, you have located a valuable bounty hiding out among the guests, a certain Barca. The bounty on her is worth 2000 sovereigns; she supposedly double crossed the Yellow Hand, a notorious syndicate dealing in the smuggling and trade of experimental weaponry. Barca is wanted dead or alive, and is described as a hippogriff with brown feathers and dark green fur, with a noticeable scar on her left cheek. You get the feeling you will not be the only ones looking to bag this bounty.

>>700697
You have managed to talk your way into infiltrating the Geminian in search of your quarry, posing as an up-and-coming sports star called Trick Shot. While your distinctive appearance gets you some odd looks from the otherwise upper class patrons, no one questions your style.

>>700693
You have made your way aboard the Geminian through more covert means, having snuck into the luggage compartment when the vessel departed from the Ark of Myr. Having survived thus far undetected, you find yourself having to sneak about on the upmost levels of the ship, which are always unoccupied save for the occasional maintenance worker. If found, you would have much to answer for; most people will not look kindly on the presence of an awakened robot on the cruise, much less an assassin.

>>700694
Your particular set of skills have led to many opportunities in the field of security enforcement, whether as a simple guard or as a personal bodyguard. Today, you are fulfilling the latter duty, having been hired by the Geminian's crew to act as a guard in case of trouble. Many VIPs are aboard the vessel, including a rising pop star called Glitter Pop, who you understand is to perform today for the vessel's patrons. The head of security, a no-nonsense saurian called Fergus, has assigned you to be her personal bodyguard for the duration of her stay; you haven't gotten to meet her yet, however.

>>700696
As an artist, when you heard of this cruise looking to hire a singer for the trip you jumped at the chance to make a name for yourself. It took you several attempts, but your application was eventually accepted and you were booked to perform aboard the Geminian; it's just one big show for the contest winners, but it should get you quite a bit of exposure. You have been granted your own private quarters for the duration of your stay, as well as your own personal bodyguard if things should go awry, a rather large griffon called Poncho.

1/2

 No.700699

>>700692
Eager for some action, you've made your way into the Geminian's concert hall. Glitter Pop hasn't even come on stage yet, but the crowd is already getting excited. The concert hall itself is as lavish as they come, a perfect replica of an old opera house, with authentic wooden panelling, a high ceiling with a beautiful chandelier, and a gorgeous view behind the stage, having a window that offers a view of space. You can see Coridon, an enormous blue and white planet, acting as the backdrop for the performance. Loud, catchy pop music is playing, and spotlights are moving to and fro strobing in different light colors. Most importantly, however, there is a bar at the back of the hall, tended by a fancy waiterbot.

You can't help but feel a wee bit out of place; everyone here is extremely upper class, and in your casual duds you stick out like a sore thumb. However, most people are either too drunk or too hyped to care much.

>>700697
You too are present at the concert hall described above, although for different reasons entirely. Almost all of the Geminian's patrons are present here, which is likely to include Barca. You are on one of the upper balconies, where not as many patrons are hanging out. From this vantage point, you might be able to scan the crowd to see if you can locate your target.
>roll Perception

>>700696
You are in the backstage dressing room, being tended to by a tiny robot that is applying your makeup and clothing. You can hear one of your hits, Real Emotion, playing muffledly for the crowd outside. It sounds like almost everyone on board has come to the show. This is the opening show for the entire cruise, so pressure is on you to make it a spectacle. The stage designers have made sure to make it as dramatic as you have asked for. Any minute now, your assigned bodyguard will come to escort you to the stage.

>>700694
Fergus has contacted you, telling you to go backstage and find Glitter to escort her onstage. She is in one of the dressing rooms getting ready for the show. When you fetch her, you are to contact Fergus and tell him the show is about to begin. You have been given an earpiece to be able to communicate with him directly.

>>700693
Almost everyone has shown up to this opening concert, which ought to include Barca. Staying out of sight, you have positioned yourself up on the catwalks looking down on the concert hall (see other replies for a full description). The catwalks connect to the control booth and run all around the edges of the hall out of sight of the audience, giving you ample room to survey the crowd. As far as you can tell, no one else is up here right now.
>roll Perception

2/2

 No.700700

>>700698
>>700692
Correction: resembling an old opera house, not a replica

 No.700701

>>700698
>>700699
Harmonious, currently in the form of Glitter, gives a big sigh to calm her nerves.
"Okay, just another show. Just do as you do, Glitter, and you'll be golden and full." She makes sure to tilt her head about so the robot can get the make up where it needs to go.

 No.700702

>>700699
Having Dimmed the ever-present logo on it's faceplate, the model 3 infiltration machine sweeps the crowd idly.

"Initializing facial scanning.." the robot drones.
[1d10] Perception

busy with calculations, Mieu taps into the ship's network, searching for a map of the vessel.
[1d10] Machine learning: mapping

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.700703

>>700698
>>700699
Poncho works his way backstage, trying to keep his eyes peeled for the door with Glitter's name on it. When he finally reaches it, he knocks on the door a few times and calls out "Hello, Miss Glitter? I'm here to take you to the stage."

 No.700704

>>700703
"Just a minute. The robot is still working on the make-up and all," she calls back.

 No.700705

>>700699

While the surrounding was what one would describe as "being able to get lost oneself in", what with the incoming concert, the crowd in the state of unrest before it, the fancy ornaments and the alcohol served nearby, that was precisely the opposite of what Drift Seer needed right now. He was here on a job and professional he would keep. Having found the vantage point, the android, now dubbing himself Trick Shot, rested in a semi-professional sort of way against the wall and the railing of the balcony, casting an eye out in the field, searching for his mark…

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 10 + 3 = 13

 No.700706

>>700704
"Yeah, no worries. Just wanted to give you a heads-up!"

 No.700707

>>700701
The robot finishes applying your makeup, prompting you to get up and dressing you in a flashy sequined getup, as befits a pop star. "You look gorgeous, darling!" it says in a tinny, prerecorded female voice. You take a deep breath and steel yourself for the show about to begin.

>>700702
You scan the crowd below for about a minute, but get zero results for your target. It is entirely possible that there are simply too many people right now to be able to locate her that easily.

Trying a different option, you tap into the ship's signal and reach out to access blueprints. You manage to download a layout of the Geminian. It is comprised of six major layers:

Layer 6, the top layer, contains a bar and a sun deck, along with the captain's stateroom.

Layer 5 has a restaurant, the main deck and the upper half of the concert hall.

Layer 4 has a casino, a piano bar, the lower half of the concert hall, a gym and a boutique.

Layer 3 has a pool/jacuzzi, another bar, the main lounge, the reception area, half of the hotel rooms and some staterooms, along with an emergency medical room.

Layer 2 has a dining salon, more staterooms, a board room and the other half of the hotel rooms.

Layer 1 is for storage and maintenance.

Given the sheer size of the ship, it is entirely possible Barca has chosen to hide out somewhere else, opting not to blend in with the crowd.

You think you hear someone else walking along the catwalks nearby.

>>700703
it takes her a few minutes, but Glitter seems ready now to be escorted.

>>700705
You survey the crowd, scanning them slowly and methodically. It takes you some time, but you manage to zero in on your mark. Hippogriff, green fur, brown feathers, scar on left cheek. It can't be anyone else. You can see that she is slowly and subtly moving through the crowd, seemingly rethinking her choice of hiding spot.

>>700701
>>700702
>>700703
>>700705
The music abruptly cuts out, and the lights dim. The guards move to the doors, exchanging meaningful nods as the crowd murmurs with anticipation. The show is about to begin.

 No.700708

>>700707
Lacking any form of active camo, Mieu halts it's scan and crouches lower, using the darkness of the unlit catwalk to mask it's presence.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.700709

>>700707
>>700699
"Anyways I couldn't find where the pipe had went, but the engineer couldn't care less, he was blissed out laying on the couch. Sometimes it still feels a bit weird when I sit down, but it couldn't have ended up there, could it?"

Copper finishes her raunchy story to a less-than-interested upper class pony, slapping them on the back and laughing,

"Ooh, show's about to start, I bet the gal preforming isn't as uppity as you folk, no offense. Wondering if I can sneak my way backstage later."

She laughs again, turning her attentions towards the stage.

 No.700710

>>700707

Having located his prey, Drift keeps his cool, activating the auxilary sensory, as to scan the hippogriff and her possessions. Judging by her course, he tries to make an estimation, as to where she is heading. As the lights darken, he allows his automatic visibilty adjustment programms to do the job instead of fiddling with it himself, for he was focused right now.

>Survival, passive

>can see in dim or night light.

>Defaulting Sight Beyond Sight

 No.700711

>>700707
Poncho carefully leads Glitter Pop through the crowd, intent on getting her to the stage as quick as he can manage! He makes bits of small talk where he can, but figures she's wanting to focus, so he keeps it to a minimum.

 No.700712

>>700707
>>700706
Glitter steps out of the dressing room and looks to Poncho with a smile. Wearing…some simple clothing that seem very lackluster.
"Alright, it's show time. Ready to enjoy the show?" Glitter follows Poncho to the staging area.

>>700707
The lights dim down and a laser light kicks in, creating a 3D-looking 10…then 9…8…7…and so on and so forth until it reaches 0.
"What can I do for you?!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSa60HGvoI0
A large pyrotechnic went off on the stage, obscuring it almost entirely. When it clears, behind a curtain of red sparks, is Glitter standing with her back to the crowd and the lighting almost making her look like a black silhouette. As the song really starts, her clothing glows, revealing them to be created via hardlight, and they seem to unravel and come apart. Only to suddenly constrict around her into a short, sleeveless dress with flowing accent pieces that glow like neon. Only slightly provocative. Red and pink spotlights pass across the audience as Glitter goes into the song, dancing about to the beat. She seems to be enjoying herself in the moment.

Just before she gets to the second verse, she strikes a pose that causes a large pyrotechnic to go off, seemingly engulfing her on the stage. When the effect goes away, there stands Glitter, but now as a changeling. The spotlights now shine in a heart-shape over everyone, the laser lights make her pony-form's cutie mark, and her dancing takes in some more twirling and hip turns to make her performance more flowing.

As the song begins to reach its conclusion, she makes sure to finish strong.
"I can hear you," she gets ready to pose.
"I can hear you," she says and puts her front legs together just as the stage shines pink, showing off the heart-shaped hole made from putting her front legs together.

 No.700713

>>700712
"Yes, I am. I've heard you're pretty good! Good luck on stage, Miss Glitter!" he chirps, before settling in to watch backstage.

 No.700714

>>700712
>perception
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.700715

>>700712
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.700716

>>700708
You hide and dim your lights to avoid being seen. Looking around, you can see several dark figures on the catwalk near you. Almost all of them are bat ponies, wearing ski masks and carrying weaponry. They look down at the crowd and whisper to each other surreptitiously. They don't seem to have noticed you yet.

>>700709
The pony, a snooty-looking unicorn, gives you a look that could wilt flowers and mumbles something about needing to return some holotapes before vanishing into the crowd.

>>700710
You see her heading to the back of the crowd, trying to get out of here. It's as if something startled her.

>>700712
As everything goes dark, you hear the crowd start counting down after they realize what's happening. They can barely contain their excitement.

As you make your grand appearance, the crowd goes absolutely wild, the hall erupting with cheers. At your transformation stunt, the cheering gets somehow even louder. Even some of the guards are into it, at least one unit of a minotaur starting to bob his head to the beat. As the song wraps, you assess the crowd. Unfortunately, despite the enthusiastic reaction, your show doesn't seem to be everyone's cup of tea; some of the more posh looking concert goers excusing themselves. Still, those who remain are fully enthralled by your performance, cheering and whistling and shouting your name in a fervor. You even get some flowers and dubious clothes articles thrown on stage.

>>700714
As you take a moment to catch your breath after that fiery first performance, you catch a glimpse of movement backstage; there is something, or someone, up there.

>>700715
You see someone moving about on the catwalks above you. It might just be one of the technicians, but you're fairly certain no one's meant to be up there.

>>700709
You watch as Glitter Pop makes her dramatic debut, dazzling you with a fiery display of lights, pyrotechnics and dance moves. The music is irresistibly catchy as well. You can feel the energy from the crowd; it's almost contagious how much some of them are into it. However, you do notice a couple of the older farts in the area decide this isn't their thing and start to leave, thinning the crowd somewhat.

 No.700717

>>700716
The group being an outlier , Mieu opts to monitor the ponies but silently crawl to the edge, activating it's scanner again in an effort to find the target.
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.700718

>>700716
"Woooooh! Finally something to party about!"

The buzzed minotaur hoots and hollers, taking off her top off and spinning it around her head, flashing the audience.

"Yeah Glitter Pop! haven't heard any of your music before but Woooooooooh!"

 No.700719

>>700716
Poncho blinks, and looks up to the catwalk. While he'd like to focus on the concert, he's got something important to check on! He spreads his wings out before flying up to a part of the catwalk backstage, before slowly walking to where he thinks he saw something. He quietly says "If there's someone up here, ya'd best get down. No one's supposed to be here.", before turning on a small flashlight and sweeping it across the upper areas.

 No.700720

>>700719
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.700721

>>700716

Witnessing the ateration in Barca's movement pattern, Dirft shifts his priority to checking for potential obstacles in his way. Taking a brief glance around, as to make sure no one is paying attention, he allows himelf the tiniest change in appearance. Literally keeping one of his eyes on the target as to not lose track of it, he uses the second one to scan the area, as to see who or what is it that the hippogriff might've gotten alarmed about. He was warned there could be potential rivals, coming after the same mark. Thus, he needed to make precautions.

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 2 + 3 = 5

 No.700722

>>700716
Glitter doesn't seem to mind the ones that leave. While she does take note of something, she decides to let the security detail handle it. The show must go on!

Once she catches her breath, the next song begins. Her clothes unravel into light a bit, but then reform into a more punk outfit. The lights change to some shades of bright/electric blues, making her mane look a bit purple. The laser lights go into a more high energy setting, looking to keep the audience as awake as the song would make one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swp4FmTPkpc

 No.700723

>>700717
You try and survey the crowd, but they are moving too much for your scanners to be able to track anything right now without hunkering down and taking your time.

You see the intruders scatter up into the rafters as a stray guard is alerted to their presence.

>>700718
You party hard as the show goes on, although some of the others look a little offput by your disinhibition.

>>700719
>>700720
You look around. Nothing here but metal and wiring, it seems.

You suddenly take a powerful blow to the back of the head, knocking you off of the catwalk and onto the stage below. You see stars, and your head feels like it's going to explode.
>Poncho takes 5 hits, helpless

>>700721
You spot someone, a crocodile-like saurian, pushing his way through the crowd trying to get to her. He seems to mean business.

>>700722
A harder, more punk track turns out to work wonders. The crowd starts really getting into it, and before you know it a mosh pit starts forming. You have to dodge a stray bottle that gets thrown onstage by some drunken idiot, but apart from that everything goes just fine.

>>700717
>>700718
>>700719
>>700721
>>700722
As Glitter's second song wraps up, the crowd starts to cheer again, and the concert starts to go on as usual - then, things start to go awry.

Poncho gets knocked down from the rafters by an unseen assailant, crashing into the stage in front of everyone. At first the crowd think it's part of the show, but when they see security starting to mobilize a concerned murmur breaks out, the mood changing almost instantly. There is a moment of confused silence, then -

"NOX AETERNA!"

A group of masked bat ponies fly down from the concert hall rafters, opening fire with reckless abandon. The concertgoers scream and start to disperse panickedly at the sudden violence, guards scrambling to regain control of the situation.

One of the bat ponies grabs Glitter and starts trying to drag her away.
[1d10+3] Grapple

Mieu gains eyes on her target, and both she and Drift spot Barca running as fast as she can towards one of the exits. The saurian Drift spotted takes cover as the shooting begins, but does not give up on his pursuit of the target.

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.700724

>>700723
The griffon lets out a pained squawk as he's knocked off the catwalk and on to the floor of the stage, trying to shake it off and get up
>Recover [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.700725

>>700723
Confirming the target, Mieu takes several leaps from the railing to the stage, a number of Kunai shimmering into existence around the assassin as the machine pursues Barca!
[1d10] Chase

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.700726

>>700723
Glitter has a momentary freak out by this sudden intrusion on her show. But that then is the main thought on her mind.
"Hey! This was going to by a big show and maybe go mainstream! Quit ruining it!" She says, looking at him with an intense stare.

>Word of Power to let her go

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.700727

>>700723
Copper boos as Glimmer is taken off the stage, her reason to party being forcibly abducted. She runs up on stage to chase after the stolen pop singer, watching a security gryphon fall from the rafters.

>>700724
The topless minotaur runs up and picks Poncho up off the ground, placing the griffon on their feet as she chases after Glitter's captors.
>Iron Will, taking 4 hits to make Poncho's recovery roll automatic

"C'mon, isn't it your job to watch over this gal? I'm not gonna be cheated out of my reason to party!"

[1d10] chase

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.700728

>>700727
Poncho shakes off the dizziness with some help from the Minotaur, before nodding determinedly and lunging for Glitter's kidnapper

"H-Hey! Hands off Miss Glitter!"
>Falcon Burst: First Attack is Instant [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.700729

>>700723

Drift stood where he was, observing the unfolding events. On one end, there was his bounty, being assaulted, likely to be taken away in but a short moment. On the other, there appeared what looked like kidnappers, attacking the civilians and taking the lead singer hostage. The android spectated wordlessly the ongoing events, keeping the semi-relaxed pose. Oh, the hostile bats seemed to have managed to get the star of the show. Drift could use some popcorn. That is, if he could digest it.
The way things were, the damsel in distress did not present much value to him. Barca was the one he was after. Nonetheless, instead of focusing on the hippogriffon, he ignited his warp drive and teleported the helpless, grappled Changeling Pop Star in the middle of the biggest security group he could spot on the concert hall.

>Teleport, automatic when used on willing or helpless targets


Cause that's just the way he was chill about stuff.

 No.700730

>>700724
>>700727
With Copper's help, Poncho manages to get up. He tries to fight the kidnapper, but is dissuaded from doing so as he holds Glitter in front of him, using her as a meat shield.

>>700726
He covers your mouth with his other hoof, dragging you backstage.

>>700725
You leap down onto the stage, but are blocked off from pursuing by two of the mysterious attackers.

>>700729
You charge up your magic conduits and teleport Glitter to safety.

>>700724
>>700725
>>700726
>>700728
Drift suddenly teleports Glitter into a group of guards who are trying to get everyone to safety. They immediately spring to action and attack the kidnapper, who manages to fend them off and runs away. "Ma'am, you need to go. Now. We're getting the situation under cont-"

The entire vessel suddenly rumbles and lurches, and debris starts to fall from the ceiling. As the situation escalates, even the guards start to scatter, barking orders at each other and scrambling to deal with the situation.

Two of the masked bat ponies attack Mieu with electric batons, while another flies up onto the stage and takes a potshot at Copper with an energy pistol.
[2d10] Mieu

[1d10] Copper

Meanwhile, a few of the attackers start flooding the balconies above, thinning the crowd. One of them fires at Drift.
[1d10]

Glitter sees another one coming towards her, getting ready to try and grab her.

Mieu and Drift can see the saurian grabbing Barca by the shoulder, trying to take her away.

Roll #1 3, 2 = 5 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 3 = 3

 No.700731

>>700730
"Assessing.. Threat index: Moderate. Engaging reactive camouflage." leaping back and away from the two bats, Mieu's robotic form shimmers briefly before disappearing from view, the machine continuing it's chase after Barca.
[1d10] Pursuit

"Engaging close-range weaponry." the voice intones, a longer blade taking the place of the floating Kunai.
>Reconfigure: Great

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.700732

>>700730
Poncho looks around worriedly when Glitter disappears, letting out a sigh of relief as she pops back into existence in the midst of a group of guards. He waves a hand at Copper, wrapping him in a protective coat of magic before rushing over to the pop star's side
>Bolster: Copper Feel (Automatic)

"M-Miss Glitter! Try and stay behind me, please! We need to get ya outta here!" he chirps, trying to place himself between her and any visible assailants

 No.700733

>>700730

After saving the lead singer from behind the scenes, the android does not give her a second thought.

Having been in far too many a gunfight, Drift does not take the barrage of bullets in a panic. Instead, he ducks back behind a wall, as to give him total cover from the ones at the scene and engages the circuitry available for piercing the walls with his sight, as to both continue observing the development of situation with Barca, as well as potentially get to know what it is that causes the ship's turmoil.

>Sight Beyond Sight


[1d10]

>Perception, if needed


[1d10+3]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 5 + 3 = 8

 No.700734

>>700732
[1d10] Perception, to spot assailants

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.700735

>>700730
"Woah, fuckin' not what I had in mind for a pleasure cruise."

Copper whips out her quad-barreled shotgun and blasts the bat pony firing at her before the energy connects.

[1d10+2] Slam, crits on 7 [3/4 ammo]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.700736

>>700730
Glitter has a confused look as all these things are suddenly happening, but nods to the guards.
"Yeah, just keep up the good work." She begins to try to move away, but is looking sorta surrounded on all sides. Looking to help those trying to help her, the hardlight creates a speaker and begins to play some music with Glitter providing vocals, looking to pump up everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewFBuYHldeY

>Inspire

[1d10]

>>700732
Seeing Poncho, she points out the attacker heading for her, just in time for a fitting lines of her song.
"I see a man in the back as matter of fact
His eyes are as red as the sun."

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.700737

>>700736
>>700730

> Show Them You Rock: Automatic Instant, recharge 5; Force your point of view on someone else. This allows allows one verbal based skill or skill check to automatically succeed.(i.e. Bluff, Inspire) This does not work on characters with a resistant mind.(A GM can rule that player characters all have resistant minds.)


Copper gives out another "Woooh! Go Glimmer Pop!", mistaking the changeling's name as she gets shot.

 No.700738

>>700736
"Red-eyed man? R-Right, I won't let him get close! Promise!" he chirps, flicking his tail and looking around

 No.700739

>>700731
You vanish from sight, leaving the bat ponies swinging at thin air. You counter-strike with heavy blows to their legs and heads, knocking them both out cold. With that out of the way, you take off in pursuit of Barca, unseen by anyone present.

>>700732
Seeing your new ally in trouble, you cast a protective ward on her before running off to defend Glitter.

>>700733
You take cover from the incoming gunfire, tapping into the ship and getting a full readout of its current status. It seems that a second, smaller ship of unknown origin has rammed into its side, beginning to drill a hole into the Geminian's side to let its passengers enter.

>>700735
You take a shot to the shoulder, having no time to react. In retaliation, you pull out your weapon of choice, seemingly from nowhere, and blow him away with a satisfying point blank shot.

>>700736
With the concert having turned to complete bedlam, you do the one thing you know best and start banging out a beat. The show must go on, after all. While it goes largely ignored, it does seem to help in some respect, as some of the guards rally to take down the majority of the attackers. A nearby minotaur seems to be helping the cause as she keeps on partying even in the face of mortal danger.
>the party are inspired

>>700738
You turn around to see one of the bat ponies fixing to try and grab Glitter again. He turns his attention from her to you as you block his path, pulling out a mean-looking knife and swiping at you.
[1d10]

>>700731
>>700733
You see Barca get easily overpowered by the saurian, who knocks her out cold and hoists her over his shoulder in a fireman's lift.

-

You all see reinforcements coming, escalating the situation even further. Unlike the bat ponies, these are a motley group, armed with crude weaponry. They all bear an unfamiliar symbol on their shoulders, however, depicting a claw clutching a skull. Whoever they are, they seem to be a rival faction, as they too attack the bat ponies on sight. With the situation now well and truly off the rails, it occurs to you all that it might be best to start looking for an escape route.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.700740

>>700739
Away from the bats, Mieu continues to push it's way towards Barca, before the saurian makes it's escape!
[1d10] Pursuit

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.700741

>>700739

Drift, keeping his eyes on the prize, has no qualms about letting others do the dirty work and claiming the reward himself. Thus, he teleports Barca to his side as soon as the saurian knocks her out cold.

>teleport, automatic on helpless targets

 No.700742

>>700739
Poncho yelps a little as the knife is swiped at him, and responds by grabbing a baton off of his waist and slapping the bat pony across the cheek with it
>Melee: [1d10+1] (Single)

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.700743

>>700739
Copper hisses as the energy hits her shoulder, but the protective energy surrounding her helps her get up right back to her feet.

"Nice, now this is a party!"

>Bolster, automatic up

 No.700744

>>700739
>>700743
With momentum on her side, Glitter points to Copper and gives a knowing grin, clearly thanking her without disrupting the song.

>Live Performance, Instant Inspire and +1

[1d10+2]

>>700739
>>700742
>>700743
Her song begins to go into an instrumental.
"Hey, not sure about you guys, but it looks like things are going more south and north. I think we better split." She begins to look around for a way to escape with all the confusion and chaos happening.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.700745

>>700740
You manage to catch up to him, although he can't see you yet as you're still stealthed from before. You watch helplessly, however, as Barca disappears from his grip in a poof of magic. He looks completely baffled, wheeling around looking desperately for his quarry.

>>700741
You teleport her over to yourself, watching as the hapless bounty hunter looks around in confusion as his quarry disappears. The bat ponies who were until recently attacking you have left you in favor of fighting off the newcomers.

>>700742
He grunts as you whack him across the jaw with your baton, stumbling backwards. He is not deterred, and takes another swipe.
[1d10]

>>700743
You pull yourself back up, strengthened both by Poncho's magical ward and your own drunken determination.

>>700744
The instrumental ends sooner than you remember it, and with no vocals to back up the track your music falls a little flat this time. You see that most of the chaos is centered around the now ruined concert hall, but you should be able to get somewhere safer if you push through the brawl and out into the foyer. You remember that there are escape pods on every level of the ship, but in all the confusion it's likely the ones here have already been used. Assuming you can get to them, you could either check to see if there are any here, or keep moving through all the commotion to one of the upper or lower levels and take one from there.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.700746

>>700745
>pausing

 No.700895

>>700745
>>700744
"Yo Song bug, you got a better security detail somewhere else? I ain't getting paid take care of these goons, not that I don't mind a little action."

Copper fires another shotgun blast at the croney attacking poncho.

[1d10] Revolving Blade, autocrits

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.700896

https://pastebin.com/dKxN9vaM (Coronet):

You have no idea what's going on. You secured a ticket on board the Geminian to meet with a wealthy businessman by the name of Goto to discuss progressing your enterprises, but now it looks like that's not going to happen now. You were present at the concert when all hell broke loose, first with a security guard crashing into the stage, then a group of bat ponies shooting up the show, then a second group of what look like pirates coming out of nowhere to fight them. This is not how you expected today was going to go.

You can see the singer, Glitter Pop, getting shepherded to safety by the security guard who fell on the stage before. It occurs to you that you might want to start looking for a way off before you get yourself killed. She seems to be being accosted by one of the bat ponies, but a large, obviously drunk minotaur seems to have the situation under control.

 No.700897

>>700745

Making use of the fact that, by the virtue of the unwillingly helpful saurian, the prey he teleported over was knocked out cold, Drift pulled out one of the knives from his personal collection and did the necessary thing in as humane a form as he could allow himself without dragging things out. Namely, he slit her throat, cut off her head and bagged it. Given how he relied on mobility to survive, carrying around her whole body in the middle of such a dangerous situation just wouldn't cut it. That done, he had plans in order and for that, his second sight was in tow.

>Sight Beyond Sight


[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.700898

>>700745
>>700895
"I'm not entirely sure, and I also think I'm contract-bound not to discuss that anyway. So how about we just make our way to another level for some pods." She motions for what guards with her left to help her and Copper get through the crowd and to some escape pods.

 No.700899


 No.700900

>>700745
Peyote decides to let the bat pony blasted by Copper be- no need to double up. He'll keep an eye out for anyone trying to creep up on the security detail and grab Glitter.
>Perception [1d10]

>>700898
>>700895
"Yes ma'am! This way, please."

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.700901

>>700898
"Escape pods? I didn't pay for this cruise just to bail on a little bit of fighting."

Copper says, fetching her shirt and sticking it back on,

"Well I didn't pay for it at all, but I didn't mooch for nothing!"

 No.700902

File: 1535252891979.png (325.41 KB, 1500x1000, 1534884875298.png)

>>700896
Taking cover underneath a hulking walker of a bot, the Distressed bat Coronet watches the chaos unfold around her.

"Can you believe it, Cartor? We blew most of our sovereigns on a ticket up here, the whole place starts coming apart and i didn't even get Glitter's autograph!"

Cartor stands idly as Coronet weaves between the bot's legs, looking for an exit.

"C'mon, lets get the lead out! head towards the crowd, looks like they're moving to the escape section."

Scampering aboard the bot, Cartor starts lumbering towards the theater exit.

 No.700903

>>700895
You cock your shotgun and blow away the attacking goon with a deafening bang.

>>700897
It's a rather messy job, but you eventually manage to bag the prize. Now to bring home the booty.

You start looking around trying to scan the ship, but the impact of the second ship that drilled into its hull seems to be causing some interference, perhaps by some sort of scrambler. You can't see what's going on very well; however, you can see Glitter and a motley group of other survivors trying to make their way out, including a bat pony riding what looks like a huge robot. Seems like they might have an escape plan.

>>700898
Most of the guards by now are either dead, injured or busy fighting or escorting other civilians. One tries to make his way over to you, but gets shoulder rammed by a one eyed minotaur. Looks like it's just the three of you on this one.

>>700900
It seems that in all the confusion, most of the attackers are ignoring you in favor of fighting the newcomers. You see one of them, a hulking beast of a saurian, suplex a bat pony through a table then pose to flex dramatically.

>>700902
You ride Cartor out towards the exit. You spot Glitter heading in the same direction along with a guard and one other concert goer you don't recognize. They seem to know what they're doing.

>>700898
>>700900
>>700901
The three of you start making your way out of the theater when you are approached by an unusual sight: a somewhat distressed bat pony riding a hulk of a robot. She doesn't seem to be one of the attackers, looking just as lost and confused as the rest of you.

 No.700904

>>700903
As Cartor ducks to get under the exit door, Coronet keeps her seat on top, scanning the route for ambush.

"Right then, we've got no clue where the exit is and half the guards are dead or missing. Alright, alright, stay calm, you can figure something out.." she mutters under her breath.

 No.700905

>>700903
"Huh… how about that." the griffon comments as he watches the Saurian suplex an assailant. He shakes his head and tries to get back on focus.

Upon spotting the bat pony aboard some sort of robot, the griffon cautiously steps in front of Glitter.

>>700904
"E-Excuse me, but who're you?"

 No.700906

>>700903

Having assessed the situation, taking into account the anomaly Drift turns off the upper vision tech, ceasing attempts to pierce the veil for a moment. Although he had planned to teleport the rest of Barca's body into the fires of the engines, he had to make do with an alternative. Namely, he translocated it blindly into any direction he remembered that had the ship's borders ending within his warp tech's parameters. Namely, he was teleporting her body, save for the head of course, into the void of space, as to have the decompression mangle the remains in such a way that no bounty hunting centre would accept it as proof of hitting the mark. That is, assuming anyone would retrieve it from there. The chances were low indeed. However, Drift was a machine at heart. He preferred to minimalize risk where he could. If he had left the body just lying there, one could recognize it and take it along with them. That he did not wish for.

>Teleport, automatic


That done, he proceeded to approach the group of potential escapees. Since his scanners weren't working as well as he might've wished for it, it was a logical conlusion in terms of survival.

 No.700907

>>700903
Copper reloads her shotgun in the moment's lull, continuing to follow the party, grabbing any easily accessible purse or wallet or anyone dead.

"Suppose it's not the worst idea to bail after all."

 No.700908

>>700905
Halting, Cartor fixes you with an inscrutable stare, the optical ports unmoving.

"Huh? Oh! You're that bird that fell from the rafters, yeah?"

Peeking over the machine's head, the bat gives you a wave with a wing.

"Normally i'd give you our full shpeel but we're in a hurry, as you can probably tell." she says, gesturing the chaos around you.

"I'm Coronet, one half of Coronet&Cartor supplies. The big guy here is Cartor." she adds, patting the side of the bot, the interior making a hollow sound.

"We were supposed to get a deal for the supplies part of the name, but.. well, you know, all this."

 No.700909

File: 1535255821109.webm (2.89 MB, 640x360, halloween candy trading.webm)

>>700907
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.700910

>>700903
>>700907
"There will be plenty of concerts and parties, don't worry. But you can't party with us if you're dead." She says as she raises her voice through the crowd.
"Excuse me, pardon me! Backstage pass if you step aside!"

 No.700911

>>700910
>>700903

"Shit, backstage party access? I'm game."

Copper brandishes her shotgun to troublemakers as Glitter moves by,

"What she said!"

 No.700912

>>700906
Seeing that the back wall of the stage has an impressive view of space, you decide to jettison the body through it, for lack of better options. With that out of the way, you secure the bounty and teleport yourself over to the trio, which seem to have grown into a quartet with the addition of a bat pony riding a strange looking robot.

>>700907
>>700909
You spot a half-conscious bat pony nearby, pausing for a moment to dig in his pockets despite his protests. You manage to score yourself some dosh, as well as a novelty Celestia bobblehead.
>+45 sovereigns

>>700910
>>700911
Whether by your unnatural charms or merely by coincidence, most of the fighting and bedlam starts spreading out thinner, giving you and your newfound companions a clear shot at getting out of the theater.

>>700904
>>700905
>>700907
>>700910
You are interrupted by the sudden appearance of a grey unicorn with a red and blue mane, carrying a damp, sinister-looking bag. He seems as eager to get out of here as the rest of you.

 No.700913

>>700908
>>700910
"H-Hmm? Y-Yeah, I am. I'm Poncho- I'm a security guard. But, we oughta leave all that other business for later. We've got a ship to leave." he says, looking to Glitter and what other security guards are with them. He looks to the crowd, and calls out "Hey, would y'all mind getting outta the way? We gotta get backstage!"

>>700912
"Uhm… excuse me, who're you?" he asks, giving the bag and the pony carrying it a somewhat apprehensive stare.

 No.700914

>>700908
"Oh! Well nice to meet you. Glad to see you're not one of these random party crashers," Glitter greets Coronet happily.

>>700912
>>700913
Glitter makes use of having a security detail, looking at the unicorn from behind Poncho and Copper.

 No.700915

>>700913
"Sure, sure, lead the way, we'll keep up."

>>700914
With her eyes lighting up, she practically jumps from her seat on top of Cartor after seeing you.

"H-hold on, we're gonna escape with the Glitter pop along for the ride?"

"Ah jeez, wish i brought some paper, i was just complaining to Cartor here i never got your autograph!"

her enthusiasm cooled after seeing the Unicorn approach, looking concerned.

"Uh.. hey, didn't see you there.. you alright?"

 No.700916

>>700912
>>700913

"And here one would think the security would've had the guest list memorized. Explains much about the situation. Name's Trick Shot. Check it if you don't believe me. Assuming you wanna do it -now-."

Having delivered his reply to the security guard, he turns towards the rest and gets to the point:

"You up for getting a pod together or should I grab someone else? Plenty of panicked herd around to choose from, so don't feel obligated."

 No.700917

>>700912
>>700916
Peyote rolls his eyes, and huffs "That's not in my job duty, so sorry I don't remember whoever you're supposed to be. You can go ahead and share a pod with us, provided Ms. Glitter and the rest of her security detail fit inside."

 No.700918

>>700917

Drift snickers at the mention of the job duty, given how he's just witnessed Poncho being quite occupied with falling down the scene. Passing on asking whether they paid him extra for forgetting his wings on the way down, he turns his gaze towards the remaining party members, replying to the next one of the lot:

>>700915

"Quite. Pretty day for sales, isn't it? I guess Glitter's show was a bang, after all."

 No.700919

>>700912
>>700917
>>700914
"Can I use this on my resume by the way? I haven't been able to hold a job for more than a couple months, so I need any positive feedback as I can get."

Copper says, flicking the Celestia bobblehead before sticking it in her pockets,

"What's in the bag, santa?"

 No.700920

>>700918
"Oh sure, any other day i'd be down there selling merch like a fiend, but it looks like i'm outta luck today." she replies, sitting back down onto Cartor's lid, laying on her back while the bot plods along.

"Looks like i'm gonna need a new source for stock.." she mutters.

 No.700921

>>700919
"Uh… sure, I guess."

 No.700922

>>700920

Given Coronet's query, Drift makes an attempt to get past the interference, using the relative orientation points of here and where he was before, as to get an idea as to where it would be best for them to head towards in terms of accessing the pods.

>Sight Beyond Sight


[1d10]

>Perception, if needed


[1d10+3]


>>700920
>>700919
>>700917
>>700914

"I've told you my name. I don't mind waiting to get to know yours right now, especially if any of you die on the way to the evac. However, if feel like sharing, as to coordinate efforts, that can help."

Though he adresses the group as a whole, he does not glance towards Glitter. Not really needing for -her- to introduce herself.

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 1 + 3 = 4

 No.700923

>>700922
"Wanting to get to know my name? Aren't you romantic, most guys I've ran into don't care about that. Buy me a drink first."

 No.700924

>>700923

".Yeah, I guess I am a hopeless dreamer that way. Exploding ships in the background make for a truly romantic ambience, don't they? I've always preferred mine with a bloody mary. How about you?"

 No.700925

>>700924
"Whatever's free."

Copper grins.

 No.700926

>>700922
"Sure thing, Trick Shot."
Sitting back up, the bat gestures to herself and the bot with a hoof.

"I'm Coronet, of Coronet&Cartor Supplies. My associate, Cartor, is this fella right here."

Cartor observes you with his camera briefly, before focusing back on moving through the area.

 No.700927

>>700922
The interference messes with your sensors a bit, giving you the robotic equivalent of a headache, but you manage to get past it to determine an exit route from where you are. You see that the escape pods on this level aren't far from where you are, although judging from the activity you're picking up you'll most likely have to fight your way to it. The pods seem to be being intentionally jettisoned by the attackers to boot, so you'll have to be quick about it.

>>700913
>>700914
>>700916
>>700917
>>700919
With Drift Trick Shot's guidance, you manage to get away from the mayhem and head towards the escape pods. You see that both groups of intruders have spread to most of the ship by now; the casino and piano bar have been utterly trashed, as has the boutique. No one seems to have any idea what to do anymore. To make matters even worse, you can hear a fire alarm going off somewhere in the ship.

You push your way through hapless civilians and confused security guards to get to the emergency exits. Just as Trick Shot predicted, there are bad guys here too; they are of the bat pony faction, going about jettisoning the escape pods and barking orders to each other in a language you don't know. From your count, there are about five of them, and two others releasing the pods. You see that there are about 6 pods left. They haven't noticed you approaching yet, giving you an advantage.

 No.700928

>>700927
"Oh no.."

with cartor dropping down to lower his profile, Coronet watches the group of bats with concern.

"How're we gonna get past them? Neither of us are exactly packing firepower here, my stock was liquefied a while ago.. Hang on.."

hopping off of Cartor, Coronet switches on the matter manipulator near the bot's back, tinkering with the settings as she goes.

"I bet i can set up a noise maker or something to distract em, then we make a break for the pods.. Just need to build the right bot for it."

[1d10] Gadget: Noise maker

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.700929

>>700922
"Uh, Poncho. I sorta work odd jobs."

>>700927
Poncho frowns a little bit, and reaches for his baton- aside from talking, he doesn't have many other tools

>>700928
"Mmm? Alright, if you think you can."

 No.700930

>>700929
"Worth a shot, yeah?" she replies, hoof-deep inside the manipulator, a blue light lighting up her face. "Gotta work fast though, pressure's on now.."

 No.700931

>>700928
"Noise maker? That's like one of my main gigs."

Copper says, tossing the pony a few oversized shotgun shells,

"Here, make it flashy too. Bright flashes also get people's attention."

>Iron Will: instant automatic, recharge 2; You are going to have your way, no matter the cost. You can take 4 hits to make a failed action Automatic. This ability cannot be used on critfails.

 No.700932

File: 1535260824157.webm (3.48 MB, 271x480, horndog.webm)

>>700931
>>700927
linkin posts

 No.700933

>>700930
>>700931
"Oooh, that oughta do the trick. Should we cover our ears?"

 No.700934

>>700931
>>700927
"Ooh! Good thinking, miss..?" i tentatively ask, plugging the shells into the chamber.

 No.700935

>>700922
"Well, my stage name is Glitter. But my regular name is Harmonious. Good to meet you Mr. Trick Shot."

>>700927
>>700928
>>700929
"Hmm…I think I can try and sneak past, so don't worry too much about me. Just have to…." She turns into her Glitter Pop disguise, but as she does, it seems smaller…way smaller. And fancy wings? When was Glitter Pop ever a breezie?

>Auto Adaptability into Breezie's Tiny


With her smaller size, she proceeds to try sneak over, trying to stay low.

>DC-1 due to Tiny

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.700936

>>700934
"Buy me a drink first, gotta hold the same rules as I did to the other guy."

Copper winks.

>>700933
"Concerts are worse, we should be fine."

 No.700937

>>700936
"Yeah yeah, i gotcha." she replies, rolling her eyes before digging further into the manipulator with a smile.

 No.700938

>>700935
>>700927

Drift watches Glitter's movements and how the bat ponies look around. In case any of them seem to be about to notice the breezie, he teleports Glitter to the safety of the pod that they seem to want to launch off next.

>Teleport, automatic

 No.700939

>>700931
>>700928
With Copper's assistance, Coronet manages to jerry rig a distraction in the form of a device made to explode loudly on impact; while it won't cause any damage, it'll sure cause a loud noise.

>>700928
>>700929
>>700931
>>700935
You see another pod get jettisoned by the bats as you make your plan.
>5 pods remaining

>>700935
You fly in in your breezie form, but get too close to one of the ones releasing the pods, who angrily swats at his neck in attempt to crush you. Luckily, he doesn't seem to have noticed what you are, taking you for a common fly.

>>700938
>>700935
With a bit of help from Trick Shot, Glitter gets teleported away just in time, leaving the henchman to assume he got the fly, boasting about it loudly to his apathetic companions. Glitter finds herself now inside one of the remaining escape pods, the last one the bats will get to before you're out of options in this part of the ship.

 No.700940

>>700939
Pulling out some mangled abomination of shotgun shells, scrap and flash powder from the manipulator, i shut the lid to let it cycle before looking the bomb over.

"Right, so, which one of you can hoof this far enough to get their attention? Trick Shot? Poncho? The Minotaur of Mystery?"

 No.700941

>>700939
>>700940

"Eh. Lemme at it. In case they get at my case, I'll manage."

In case none have objection, Drift shall take the thing from Coronet and slug preferably from such an angle that, in case of failure, it would get the attention drawn to him and not towards the rest."

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.700942

>>700939
>>700940
"I think I've got an idea-"

>>700941
"Ah right, we can toss it too. I was just gonna hand it to one of them."

Copper says, crossing her arms and watching.

 No.700943

>>700939
Glitter keeps a low profile while in the pod, waiting for them to do their thing, but being ready to provide some sort of support if she has to.

 No.700944

>>700935
Poncho blinks a couple of times. She sure didn't seem that small before…

>>700939
Not being the most delicate sort, Poncho waits to see what's going to happen with this. For lack of anything better, the griffon will place one of his oddly-scarred hands on the minotaur's shoulder, and give her a burst of rejuvenating energy
>Healing Hands: Automatic, Cooldown +1 (Heal)
"Just in case the distraction goes badly."

 No.700945

>>700941
You peek to make sure the coast is clear before grabbing the distraction and lobbing it in their general direction. You manage to bean one upside the head, at which point it detonates, causing a deafeningly loud BANG that leaves your ears ringing. They clamor and clutch their heads, momentarily deafened by the sound. "Quid est?!…"

>>700943
You take a moment to acquaint yourself with the pod. It is an oblong shape with seats for up to 6 ponies. It has no navigational computer, no guns and is too small to fit a lightspeed drive, making it only fit to fly to the nearest safety point. It comes equipped with flares, a raft on the underside and even a parachute. The controls are designed to be extremely intuitive, meaning just about anyone could pilot it.

>>700944
You channel your healing magic into your new, anonymous ally, restoring her energy.
>>Copper is back to full H/W

 No.700946

>>700945
With the explosion momentarily distracting the bats, Coronet jumps back onto Cartor, who barges into the pod chamber, heading for the pod furthest from the attackers.

"Nice one, Trick Shot! Now lets get moving!"

 No.700947

>>700944
"Ey don't get touchy feely, it's even creepier when someone's sober-"

Copper initial starts, before realizing it's magic again,

"Ah, right. Thanks."

>>700945
"My gods, they've planted bombs on the escape pods! We need to get away!"

> Show Them You Rock


Copper shouts into the crowd, taking advantage of the device going off as she follows the party towards an escape pod.

 No.700948

>>700945

Saving his warp charge for an emergency, Drift makes use of the fact that the enemies have been deafened, as to run past them, hopefully without them noticing. He heads for the pod that he teleported the Breezie towards.

>If needed


[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.700949

>>700945
Ardor waves everyone over to the one she's in, hoping that will help them catch up and hustle all the more faster.

 No.700950

>>700947
"Right, sorry. My stuff works a lot better with proximity, so it makes it nice for something I don't wanna mess up."

>>700945
"W-Well, there's our signal! Let's go!" he says, heading for the pod

 No.700951

>>700946
>>700947
>>700948
>>700949
>>700950
You barge past them before they can react, scrambling into the pod Glitter got into. It's quite cramped with the sheer bulk of Cartor, but you make do. Without hesitating, Glitter releases the escape pod amidst angry cries from the bat ponies as you make your getaway. As you make your escape, you see one of the bat ponies pull out some sort of communicator and bark into it as he stares after you.

Regardless of this, you begin to make your descent via the pod to planet Coridon, aiming to land somewhere near a beachside settlement. Looking back through the pod window, you can see the results of the chaotic assault; you can see a fire breaking out on the upper decks, and dozens of escape pods jettisoning towards Coridon. The Geminian begins to drift at an awkward angle, belching sparks into space. It looks pretty much done for to you.

While you're here, you have some time before the pod lands on Coridon, so you have some time to get to know your fellow refugees better.

 No.700952

>>700951
>paused

 No.700953

>>700951
Glitter slumps down on the seat, thankfully not taking up as much space anymore thanks to her tiny size.
"Jeeeez! That was tense! I so have to get a manager to book my gigs if stuff like this is gonna happen."

 No.700954

>>700951
Never compact, Cartor adjusts himself to try and make hoofroom to little success.

Having hopped off the bot, Coronet settles into a seat for the ride down.

"Not bad at all, if i do say so myself! Looks like it's smooth sailing back to the planet."

 No.700955

>>700951

Seeing one of the bat ponies get a read on them and pulling out the communicator, Drift attempts the uneasy task of teleporting a hostile, aware target directly into the void between them.

>Teleport


[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.700956

>>700951
>>700953
"I-I thought ya had one, Miss Glitter." he says, still looking her over. "Did you use some… uh, magic 'r something? Ya looked really different before going on stage."

>>700954
"Let's hope. The less trouble we need to put up with, the better."

 No.700957

>>700951
>>700956
>>700953
"Please, that's their whole race's gimmick. If you're lucky, if you meet a real kinky bug, you can try out a buncha fantasies with them. Fun stuff."

Copper responds to Poncho, taking another drink from her flask,

"Don't matter if it's a guy or gal too, as I learned. Any use for that in show business? Or are you the pure talent type?"

 No.700958

>>700957
>>700953

"Speaking of show business, got any plans for merchandise?" the bat ask, leaning towards the breezie in interest.

"We could make a lotta sovereigns sellin merch at those concerts, bound to be somepony interested in a shirt or glass with their favorite pop star.."

 No.700959

>>700957
"Oh. I didn't realize you could shrink yourself down that much as a changeling. I always figured you had to stay the same general size 'r something, right?"

 No.700960

>>700956
"Nope! I always thought they were too much money. But if it prevents crazy stuff like this, then maybe I should get one afterall…." She tilts her head at his remark.
"Oh, I'm just a changeling is all. So I thought shrinking down would be more helpful for getting by. Kinda was…after. I don't take much space in here now." She smiles happily.

>>700957
"Oh my, how lewd," she responds, covering her mouth a bit at such thoughts.
"Well, its pretty much talent, but the sudden changes help with make-up and quick appearance changes on stage. Plus, these concerts just give so much love that I almost never go hungry. Gotta becareful though or I could lose my figure."

>>700958
"I…guess? Honestly, I always saw these things more as my next meal than money. And even then its just fun seeing a bunch of other ponies having fun with me."

 No.700961

>>700960
"Oh! L-Like I said, I just figured it had to be something close. Like, a little taller 'r shorter. So, you just… turn into whatever?"

 No.700962

>>700955

Witnessing his first attempt fail, given the rocking of the vessel not meant for much mobility, Drift gives up on further ones. The message would've already gotten across. The only thing he would've gotten from teleporting the bat pony now would've been potentially fiercer enemies knowing of his prime skill. It wasn't worth it.

Having decided on that, the android sits down, looking around, at his newly found comrades.

>>700953

"They say things about rabid fans, but those bats on your show are something else, Glitter."

>>700954

"Indeed. Assuming they neither shoot us down nor send fighters after us. Though I reckon they're relatively busy at the moment. They can allow a few surviving if they can manage slaughtering the rest, I guess. Not like these pods can't be tracked."

>>700956

"I reckon it might well not be the end of it. Say, does your duty list include knowing who might've potentially attacked the vessel? Akin those that did, for example?"

 No.700963

>>700960
"Please, you just shrunk yourself down, I doubt you could let yourself go that badly. Besides, my diet subsists of mainly alcohol and I'm not an amorphous blob of bull fat yet."

Copper grabs a small handful of chub on her tummy and squeezes it,

"Long as I'm not fat, I don't mind having some insulation. I've got fur anyways so I'm screwed on desert planets either way. Might as well double up on the whole cold-protection."

 No.700964

>>700958

"Didn't expect this pod to turn into a trade bark. That being said, reckon little breezie figurines would sell like hot cookies. Can always make them in true scale. Fans appreciate that."

 No.700965

>>700960
"Hmm.. Alright, you've got a point. Probably jumping the gun making a sale here, captive audience and all.."

"Business sorta falls through when you're out of stock, had to make some.. creative decisions to afford the ticket here, lost my inventory."

"Cartor and I can solder, shine or stitch just about anything good as new, and once business picks up we might have some gear to sell, but until then keep us in mind, yeah?"

 No.700966

>>700964
"Oh yeah, nothin like a desk ornament to get ponies buying, especially if we can make a quality piece!"

 No.700967

>>700961
She shrugs.
"I dunno. I mean, I'm a pop star, not a biologist, Poncho," she says with a slight shrug and giggle at the end.
"All I know is: I'm gonna be stuck like this for a little bit. Should be able to turn back maybe when we land, noguarenteesdon'tquoteme."

>>700962
>>700965
"Yeeaah…I have NO idea who those jerks were. Which, by the by, I am SO sorry that happened to you Miss Coronet. Now I just feel kinda bad for everyone who didn't get a whole show…and the PR work so I book another gig after this?" She begins to have a look of despair as the reality of the situation really starts to settle in.

>>700963
"Well, I mean, sure, but I like being skinny. Means I don't have to use magic to fake being skinny, ya know?"

 No.700968

>>700962
"Well, if I had to hazard a guess, they might be tied with that whole rebellion thing related to Princess Luna. They're pretty much all bat ponies, so I'd bet on those odds."

>>700960
"R-Right, by the way! Are you feeling alright? You weren't hurt any, were you?"

 No.700969

>>700963

"There's some sense in that. What's the meaning of going on if you don't enjoy yourself a little, right?"

Drift looks through the void-window, wondering what kinda planet it'll be that they'll land on. Will Feely get screwed by her fur the way she anticipated?

 No.700970

>>700968
"Nope, thanks to you, Miss Copper, and all the other security detail. A bit taken by surprise, but not hurt."

 No.700971

>>700967
"Eh, as I learned the kinda guys into skinny aren't as cool as the guys who prefer large ladies. Think it's a maturity thing."

Copper says, before shrugging,

"Though guess younger buys more albums."

>>700969
"Liiiiterally me,"

Copper shoots a finger gun,

"Like, it's so improbable in the grand scheme of things that me, a minotaur that's able to visit any bar she chooses, even exists in this universe, much less that I'd end up in a podbay in a scenario like this with you exact people. The chances of such events happening are astronomically low, so of course it should be a reason to party!"

 No.700972

>>700970
"Good. Sorry about messin' up on stage like that, ma'am. It's good that none of them got you, but… what exactly do you think they mighta come after you for?"

 No.700973

>>700965

"With how quickly you got this loud contraption together? You don't look like the sort that gets held up by opposing currents in life. Reckon you'll be fine."

 No.700974

>>700971
"Yeeaah, they buy albums more. I wouldn't mind a more mature person though. I've…seen some things the younger crowd have said online…I sometimes wish I didn't." She shudders.

>>700972
She shrugs.
"Bargaining chip? Oh, like a ransom. And then either a crack secret ops group or some hard-to-kill badass comes to save me! Oh man…maybe I should've let them kidnap me."

 No.700975

>>700967
"Eh, what can you do? Not too often you end up getting led out of a damaged ship by escape pod with a celebrity, let alone You, so all things considered it turned out pretty good."

 No.700976

>>700967

"Well, it can work both ways for you, Glitter. Either you get a horde of new interest from the news and fans as " the one who lived" or kinda fade into obscurity if all the ones willing to fund you just died. You do have alternatives, right?"

 No.700977

>>700974
"Could've been kidnapping you for those same weird reasons,"

Copper winks,

"Never underestimate the power of weirdos on the internet, especially ones with overacting hormones."

 No.700978

>>700968

"Given their cry, maybe so. Assuming that's the case, why would they be attacking this place? Did Luna hate pop that much?"

 No.700979

>>700978
"I mean, attacking one of the system's most popular singers is bound to get you attention. I'm no analyst, but it sounds like this was some kinda power move or something."

"But, y'know, with glitter getting away it all fell through for em."

 No.700980

>>700978
>>700974
"There's gotta be something else- bargaining chip might make sense, but I feel like they'd choose someone more related to, well… the sun, 'r something."

 No.700981

>>700970

Drift glances at the breezieling, seemingly pondering briefly about that statement of hers. Looks away though, adding:

"Yeah, guess they did get paid for that."

 No.700982

File: 1535269351405.jpg (398.06 KB, 853x1000, Uhhhhh.jpg)

>>700975
She gives a smile.
"Aww, glad you could still have that silver lining then."

>>700977
"Oh…my gosh! If those guys were literally just a bunch of guy fans from the internet…I actually have no idea how to feel. I mean, I was scared, but this is some pretty impressive lengths to go through, ya know?"

>>700976
>>700981
>pic related
She makes a face that just easily shows she doesn't have some kind of back-up plan.
"Uhhhm…yes? I can…uhh…dance? …okay, I got nothing. And yeah, they were paid, though I think more through the hosts than me. I never did like trying to compare security companies; just way too many, ya know?"

 No.700983

>>700982
"Just says you're popular. Take it as a really weird compliment."

 No.700984

>>700971

"Astronomically low… yeah, that's a fitting way to put it. Can't really count on things with low chances not happening ever, right? That being said… should've thought earlier, when we were still round the ship. Might've teleported us some booze from the storage directly in here. Eh, well. I guess it's less cramped that way."

 No.700985

>>700984
"Well shh don't let out the secret that everything has an equally low chance of happening, it's been my excuse for years. And it's alright, i'll find a bar somewhere."

 No.700986

>>700974

"You look young yourself, alright. Though I guess if your abilities extend to becoming even a breezie, then looking young ain't a problem, correct?"

He has a bit of a wry smile, as Glitter shares the latter thought:

"Yeah, no kidding. Now that you put it that way, I should've waited with teleporting you outta their grasp. Get some popcorn and watch the guards get minced trying to just get to you through the crowd. Had a nice spot out there, in the top row, you know?"

 No.700987

>>700977

"Oh, what she said. Definitely so."

 No.700988

>>700967
"W-Well, hopefully you can. Not that there's anything wrong with breezies, just seems kinda inconvenient."

>>700987
"Oh, right. I'm Poncho. Thanks for the help, Mister Trick Shot."

 No.701090

Your pod begins to slowly descend onto planet Coridon. An adaptive monitor updates with information on the planet. It has a primarily tropical atmosphere, and is highly coveted as a tourist location. It has a lower than average population count, with many scientific and military research bases present. The atmosphere is breathable for most life forms, and the gravity is slightly lower than the galactic average. It has two moons, unimaginatively dubbed Coridon I and II. The flora and fauna are largely introduced species from Equus, with much of the planet originally being water based but having been terraformed over several decades.

The escape pod begins to rumble as it enters the atmosphere. As you begin your rapid descent, you see flames appear on its nose, although these are rapidly extinguished by the automated systems. A flashing message also reassures you that this is completely normal. Before long, the pod begins to make its landing, deploying a parachute which slows your descent dramatically. The pod touches down gently on a beach that looks straight out of a tourist ad; the sand is fine and white, while the ocean sparkles and laps gently on the shores with a brilliant blue hue. You are a little shaken, but generally unharmed.
>everyone is back to full H/W

Looking around, to your left the beach turns to volcanic black rock, beyond which looks to be some sort of settlement judging by the presence of towering antennae. In front of you, the beach becomes a small patch of tropical forest made of cliche coconut palms and tall grass. To your right you can see a small jetty with some sort of boat docked. It looks unattended. Looking up and out to sea, you can see several escape pods falling further out into the ocean, as well as what looks like an explosion where the Geminian was. Seems it was destroyed.

 No.701092

File: 1535855915780.png (161.1 KB, 825x1000, 1535407171954.png)

>>701090
https://pastebin.com/dKxN9vaM

with the pod opening, Cartor adjusts himself and moves out of the small opening, sinking into the soft sand as he adjusts his position due to terrain.

Coronet is less composed, hiding underneath Cartor as she looks around at the falling pods and distant explosion in worry.

"Ah jeez, what're we gonna do now? all these pods are falling, debris is gonna come next and who knows if those psychos are comin after us!"

 No.701095

>>701090
Ardor looks out the pod, smiling at the sunshine in her face.
"Oh wow, this place is beautiful! I could totally make this a private island or something for me to retreat to." She hops out, stretching out a bit as she magically restores to her full size as the breezie transformation seems to have finally worn off.

 No.701102

File: 1535857016320.jpg (234.88 KB, 1191x670, 1506551471194.jpg)

>>701090
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhFN0W8hY0o

Copper leaves the escape pod, stretching after being cramped in something obviously designed for passengers more pony-shaped and less minotaur-shaped.

>>701092

She approaches the bat pony hiding under her robot, sitting down to get on her level and burying her hooves in the sand,

"You take a moment to relax, gal. Look at this place, sand, beach, tropics, it's killer."

She goes from her sitting position to fully lying down, basking in the sun(? suns?) .

 No.701105

>>701090

Trick Shot steps out of the pod in a steady, practiced manner. He surveys the surroundings, checking for living beings' activity nearby, be it of the locals between the trees or other passengers from Geminian who might've arrived here before they did. Using his enhanced visions, he checks whether the beach just looks nice or is perhaps housing some dangerous creatures in the water nearby.

>defaulting Sight Beyond Sight


>Survival


[1d10+3]

>>701092

"I'm surprised to hear of you, worrying for something of so small a chance. Especially if it means potential extra parts in your profession. Reckon we'll be fine with the latter as well, provided we act fast and get an out of this system fast enough."

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.701109

>>701090
Poncho lets out a sigh of relief as their pod seems to hold together until they land. It would be a shame if they died in re-entry!

>>701092
Poncho lets out a mildly unnerved little warble as the ship explodes, before shaking it out and trying to keep the nervousness out of his voice.
"Well, if they come after us, I think we can handle it. Just relax, Miss Coronet. A lot of the debris won't make it down, and if the psychos do come, we can handle them."

 No.701110

>>701102
You glance up at the sky. It seems that Coridon not only has two moons, but it also has not one, not two, but three suns. You briefly question the logistics of a planet gravitating around three different celestial bodies, but decide not to overthink it.

>>701105
You scan for nearby life forms. No signs of any sapient life in the immediate vicinity. Just harmless animals, for now. You get a feeling the grim cargo you carry could attract hungry predators if you and your newfound companions head into the wilderness.

 No.701111

>>701105
"Yeah, well, parts are nice when we know for sure they don't come with armed bat ponies along for the ride."

Sighing, Coronet takes a seat on the sand, Cartor scooting over to settle down as well.

"I'm just a little stressed out, yeah? You could say today's been more than any of us have bargained for?"

>>701102
looking at you for a moment, she takes another glance around at the beach and waves hitting the shore.

"Alright.. Maybe you've got a point, Miss 'Drinks first'."

 No.701116

>>701111
"There ya go, just take some time to decompress and unwind, we can think about what comes next later. Do you drink?"

Copper says, taking out her flask,

"You need it more than me. I don't backwash much."

>>701110
Copper takes out her journal and flips to a mostly blank page, deciding to sketch the sky-scape and start writing about the previous events, all the while sunbathing.

 No.701117

>>701110
"Hmm, so hey guys, I think I'm gonna take a look around and junk. I soooo need a nice, relaxing walk after all that stuff." She begins to walk off towards the wilderness more like a casual hiker than some kind of daring adventurer.

 No.701118

>>701109
"I dunno.. can we trust a bird that fell from his perch to guard all four of us?" she asks with a wink.

"I mean, Cartor here has a turret, but it's not exactly state-of-the-art. Enough to scare off urchins, sure, but whoever those ponies were?"

 No.701120

>>701118
Poncho huffs a little bit and stamps one of his talons on the floor, before saying "I didn't fall off! I-I got knocked off!"

 No.701122

>>701116
"Uh.. sure, not like i'm working, so why not?"

>>701110
grabbing ahold of Copper's flask with a wing, coronet takes a swig from the container.

"I mean, not the worst place to have a drink, clear a day as it is.. aside from the orbiting fireball, but who lets a ship crash get in the way of good times?"

 No.701123

>>701120
>>701118
He huffs a little more, before shaking his head and saying "Well, we can work together, since everyone here seems pretty competent. At least until we get somewhere safe, right?"

 No.701125

>>701111

"Right.. Even though fighter polo's my game, can't say I've been expecting that either. All things considered, we got off pretty bruise-free thus far though."

>>701116

"What she said. Take the example from those above. They sure are nicely decompressing right about now."

>>701117

"Should we wait for you? Was thinking about heading towards the settlement, myself"

>>701120

"And forgot your wings on the way down, huh? Anyway, don't you have a comms unit for getting in touch with other security unit? How about trying to use that to locate others and get together to safety?"

 No.701127

File: 1535859685030.jpg (9.54 KB, 300x240, 10285586-1288349810-425000.jpg)

>>701122
The flask is the right size for a minotaur, so akin to a novelty-sized one for a minotaur. It's very clearly some sort of fruit brandy that tastes of toffee and spices.

"Can't pronounce the name of the fruit they used in that one, bottle says they grow the stuff on an asteroid belt and they're already partially alcoholic right off the vine. Good stuff though, usually I'm packing cheaper."

 No.701128

>>701125
"Nah, you can go on ahead. I'll catch up. I mean, that settlement isn't going anywhere, right?"

 No.701129

>>701116
You start writing about the day's events. Certainly one of the more memorable ones you've had in some time.

>>701117
You start heading into the wilderness. As you walk, you see more signs of settlement here and there; lanterns sticking out of the ground here and there, undergrowth cleared to allow for rudimentary paths, and the occasional marker to make sure people don't get lost. You also notice a rather odd sight: in one of the trees is a very large octopus trying to crack open a coconut. It pays you little attention.

>>701122
As you take a drink, you see pieces of rubble start falling from the sky, crashing into the ocean on the horizon. It would be a rather beautiful sight if not for the morbid implications.

 No.701130

>>701123
"Sounds fine by me, Poncho. the last lead i had on a contract has gone up in flames, so my schedule is free enough to travel, at least."

"You ever need your gear cleaned up or stitched back together, y'just gotta ask. Cartor here has everything i could need for maintaining gear, ours or anything i pick up."

>>701116
>>701105

"That goes for you both as well, alright? Might not be all that helpful if things turn to a gunfight, but i'll keep us going otherwise."

 No.701133

>>701129
She looks up at the octopus curiously and its attempt at cracking open said coconut. She waves up to it.
"Hey! Did you try throwing it against a rock or something?"

 No.701134

>>701125
Poncho goes to respond, but decides against it- it's not worth arguing with a piece of shit anyways

>>701130
"Well, I'm happy to have you along with us. As for me, I guess I'm in a sorta similar business- I just stitch folks back together, instead."

 No.701135

>>701130
"Well I travel light, but I appreciate it. Boilermaker here is custom made so he ain't exactly easy to maintain, but he's a great icebreaker. Great at breaking most things."

She says, rubbing a bloodstain off her quad-barreled shotgun.

 No.701136

>>701127
Surprised by the flavor, Coronet takes another pull.

"Hey, not bad! Gonna have to find a bottle of this stuff when we get back to a station."

>>701135
setting the flask down on Cartor to no response, Coronet steps closer to eye your gun.

"Custom job, huh? Mind if i take a closer look? Cartor's got an on-board scanner, hoof-free, could see about fabricating some parts for it later."

 No.701138

>>701130

"Well, I'd rather stay away from fightning if possible, as well. However, will keep that in mind."

>>701128

"Sure. Just don't get lost, will ya?"

>>701133
>>701134
>>701135

"I reckon we can talk on on our way to the civilization. Shall we? Might wanna take the beach road, as to keep the sights pretty, what with our little shooting stars not obscured by trees, as well as remain in open terrain that way, letting Ardor find us easier."

>>701129

Having communicated that, Drift is the first one to turn and start heading towards the antennae.

 No.701141

>>701136
"Well hopefully the cruise blowing up won't halt production, the CEO of the company that ran that asteroid farm was on it, I was listening to him give his pitch as I emptied two bottles of the stuff into my flask under the table."

She chuckles,

"If it does go under, maybe I aught to save what's left of the flask."



"Oh sure, one of my only big purchases that wasn't booze-related. Course I got the overnight discount."

She winks,

"Guy didn't sell guns my size first of all, but he took into account my stockiness and thought I could probably handle a gun with a bit more kick. Named the thing after what the gunsmith bought me at the bar. Good name for a gun too, sounds cool. Boilermaker."

She hands the heavy fun over to the bat pony, making sure she can handle it's weight before fully handing it off.

>>701138
"Suuure, I don't feel like walking through a jungle anyways. Sure there's all sorts of nasty bugs and stuff in there."

 No.701142

>>701128
"Well, if you don't mind, I'd still prefer to stick with you. I'm supposed to make sure you don't get hurt, right?"

 No.701143

>>701142
"If you want, sure I guess. I mean, concert is over, so you're kinda free to do whatever you want. Not exactly contract bound to protect me anymore, ya know?"

 No.701145

>>701143
"Well, there's bound to still be some fallout, pun intended-" he says, with a goofy chuckle "-from this whole business. I don't feel good leaving you out here alone."

 No.701149

>>701133
The alien creature responds by tossing one of the smaller coconuts at you before going back to its Sisyphean task. It only narrowly misses your head.

>>701138
>>701141
>also to anyone else that comes with
You start moving towards the antennae. You soon find that they are part of what looks like a military base. The area is fenced off and apparently electrified, while within is a large, barren area marked by several military grade attack vehicles and robot drones flying to and fro. It consists of one large circular building in the center, along with several smaller ones surrounding it like spokes on a wheel. At the far end of the complex you can see several aircraft taking off, presumably to investigate the incident up above.

In the immediate area, you can see two bulky, pitch black bipedal robots armed with heavy duty weapons standing guard silently. They haven't detected you yet. A tiny oval-shaped drone flies overhead near you, flashing intermittently as it surveys the surrounding area. Noticeably, you can only see robots working here, and no actual people.

 No.701150

>>701149
Addendum: You can also see a road leading from the base to what looks like a volcano in the distance.

 No.701151

>>701141
Balancing the gun on her back, coronet appears to struggle with the weight briefly before shuffling over to her robot.

"C-cartor, Open up, I've got somethin to look at."

Tucking his head in, the top of cartor's chassis folds open and upright, revealing a currently empty sales rack, bare-bones hooks and slats, empty drawers and the like. a secondary camera unfolds from the internal workings.

>>701129
Shifting copper's gun from Coronet's back onto the display stand, Cartor sinking slightly into the beach as the weight is added, the camera starts a scan on the weapon, blue light reflecting off the shotgun.
[1d10] Engineering

"Now, it's been a while since i had this scanner warmed up, but i'm sure we can get some kinda reading.."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.701154

>>701149
>>701151

>sticking behind while Coronet messes with Boilermaker

 No.701155

>>701151
>>701154
Cartor starts scanning the weapon, getting a rough and probably somewhat inaccurate blueprint of it. It has a unique four barrel design designed for maximum firepower. This makes it have an incredibly wide spread, even at close range, but devastating point blank. It's also bulky enough that just about any sort of scrap could be used as ammo, not just shotgun pellets.

 No.701156

>>701149
"Okay, fine, sheesh," she says and just walks on along on her little hike.

 No.701159

>>701155
>>701154
Pulling the readout from the printer, coronet quickly reads through the notes.

"Hmm.. scan's not as clear as i'd like, but i get the picture.. Jeez, this thing's a monster! Could probably punch a hole through ship hull if you get close enough.."

"Hopefully i can get a better look at it later, right now it looks like we're bein left behind."

hoofing the gun off to you with some struggle, Coronet shakes off some of the sand on her coat, taps Cartor to get him to close shop and climbs aboard, sending the bot trundling after the Unicorn.

 No.701161

>>701149
>>701156
"I guess he didn't really understand ya, or… I dunno, maybe that'll work for him eventually. Was there a reason ya wanted to walk, or did you just want a chance to relax?"

 No.701163

>>701149
>>701151
>>701154

"I reckon the aircraft wouldn't have set off on autopilot alone just now, so worst case scenario, we'll just have to wait till someone returns. Gonna try and see if there ain't anyone left though. I'll go ahead and speak with these robots. You might wanna put off the gun in case you plan to join in though, just in case they're programmed to react too hastily to that."

What he says, he does. Approaching slowly, he adresses the robots:

"Excuse me. Your attention, please. I'm a lost civilian. Would you mind either pointing me towards the nearest settlement or letting me speak with any staff around here?"

 No.701164

>>701161
"Mostly wanted to relax. After all that, sometimes a walk through nature is nice. Plus, its a nice change from the usual urban sprawls, don't you think?"

 No.701166

>>701164
"I can understand that. I've… never really been outside a city much. I sorta grew up in an urban sprawl, and most people I worked for would be in the middle of a city."

 No.701167

>>701159
"I'm just glad gave the thing a safety, otherwise it would've punched a hole in a ship by now. "

Copper takes the gun and flask back, jogging to follow the others.

>>701149
>>701163
"Whatever you say man, I'll just be doodlin."

Copper waits, leaning against a tree and drawing in her journal.

 No.701170

>>701163
>>701150
Seeing Trick Shot wander off towards the base, Coronet takes cover near the treeline.

"Oh boy.. This'll either go great or we're gonna need a bodybag.."

 No.701174

>>701161
>>701156
You move further into the surrounding coastal bushland. You see less and less signs of civilization the further you go, and the undergrowth gets ever denser. Eventually, you start to feel the ground becoming slowly muddier. The trees change from palms to thin, high-canopy mangrove trees with jumbles of roots at their base that interlace like veins. You get the feeling no one ever comes here.

>>701163
As you approach, the little drone overhead starts taking photos of you from every angle, and the two robots spring to life with a series of clanks and whirrs. "State your business," the left guard demands in a low rumbling voice, clearly designed to sound intimidating.

As your explain yourself, the robots become immobile, their heads flashing many different colors before settling and lowering their weapons. "Come with me, citizen," the right robot drones as it begins to jerkily walk towards one of the smaller buildings.

>>701170
You and Cartor stick close to the ground as you observe how Trick Shot manages the situation. It seems to work just fine as one of the guards starts leading him away.

 No.701175

>>701174
"Oh! So they didn't mulch him after all!"

tapping Cartor into movement, the pair stroll out from the treeline to the remaining guard, Coronet calling out as they go.

"Don't shoot! I'm with that unicorn you just let through! That ship up there's got a lotta pods and debris comin down, y'might want to radio to your staff t'get some help, by the beach."

 No.701176

>>701174
>>701166
"Oooo, neat. Looks like things are getting thicker." She prevent any sort of unfortunate hole accidents, she turns into her Glitter Pop form.
"I bet there's something cool and neat out here somewhere."

 No.701177

>>701174
>>701176
"Yeah, I'd bet. It oesn't look like there's much anyone that comes out this far, so I bet there's all sorts of undisturbed sights."

 No.701178

>>701174

"Alright."

Taking a glance behind him to check whether the others are keeping up, Drift begins coming after the robots, not intending to find out what happens when you defy them just yet. As he comes after them, he uses his active sensors to have a look around, if just for safety.'s sake.

>defaulting Sight Beyond Sight


>Spot/Hearing, if needed


[1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.701179

>>701174
Copper follows the party as they move on, if they move on

 No.701180

>the mysterious voice commands me to!
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.701181

>>701180
>Perception, wark! [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.701182

>>701175
>>701179
As you come out of hiding, both guards point their weapons at you, and previously undetected turrets pop out of the ground menacingly as well. When you explain yourselves, however, they retreat as quickly as they appeared, and the guard cautiously lets you pass through.

>>701178
You don't detect any signs of life at all.

>>701175
>>701178
>>701179
You follow the robot into the building. It seems eerily empty apart from the robot workers, none of which pay much attention to you. You can hear a faint mechanical humming, and most of the walls have display panels on them with constantly fluctuating charts and readings. You eventually reach some sort of conference room, with the central focus being a map of what you assume is the continent you're on. The only other occupant of this room is a small, spherical robot, pitch black with a single blue photoreceptor and several panels across its surface. It strongly resembles a floating eyeball. It is busy interacting with a terminal, but turns around to face you curiously. "Ma'am. Three lost civilians. Presumably from the Geminian. They are searching for a way out."

"I'll take it from here," the ball robot answers. It has a stern, no-nonsense female voice. It hovers over to you with a soft whirring sound as the guard leaves and posts itself outside the door. "I'm Major Genevieve Carrith," she introduces herself. "I'm in charge of this facility. So, are you three from the ship up there? We're doing what we can here, but it looks like not many survived. We've sent out a recon squad to investigate. We don't know what happened, so if there's anything you can tell us it'd help out a lot."

>>701176
>>701177
You keep exploring further into the mangrove. Movement becomes steadily more difficult and uncomfortable. Eventually, you stumble across something strange, as you almost trip over something metallic in the thick mud. You can't tell what it is, but it feels large, large enough to cover a decent chunk of your immediate location. You can't help but shake the feeling you're not meant to be here.

 No.701183

>>701182
"Well by what we were able to determine, a buncha crazed fanboys from the weird parts of the internet tried to kidnap the the pop star preforming, and everything went to shit."

Copper shrugs

 No.701184

>>701182
"I dunno if, uh… if this is normal, but I have a really bad feeling about this place." he says, nearly warking in surprise as he trips and stumbles over something in the mud. He catches himself mid stride, popping up to all fours and saying "This doesn't… I feel a little less sure about this now."

 No.701185

>>701182
with Cartor ducking to enter the conference room, Coronet peeks over the bots head as the pair settle into the room.

"What happened? Well it was a disaster up there! Pirates on one end, Bat pony terrorists on the other, the latter trying to make off with gli.. Hold on, did we really leave Glitter Pop to wander the island?" she trails off, looking to the others.

"Anyway, looked like they were tryin t'ponynap her, whoever they were. managed to sneak by em with a flashbang and a run to the pods, but now the ship is a fireball comin down, with pods all over the beach. A real comedy of errors, this trip has been."

 No.701186

>>701184
>>701182
"Hmm…yeeeaaaah, you might be right…. Let's just, uhh…get back to the others."

 No.701187

>>701182

"Yes, we are. It seems a lot had failen into the water. Not sure if this type of escape pods was an amphibian variant."

Drift adds up to the story told by Coronet by describing the specifications of the ship that docked Geminian that he was able to garner using his enhanced senses.

 No.701188

>>701183
Even though you're speaking to a hunk of metal, Major Carrith still manages to look perplexed. "…Excuse me?"

>>701184
>>701186
You listen to your common sense and decide not to investigate the ominous object further, moving back to the beach and making your way towards the distant antennae.

>>701185
>>701187
The Major listens patiently as you describe the attack. "A double attack," she muses. "From pirates and terrorists? And bat ponies at that… Well, you're lucky to be here now. Not many survived from the looks of things. I imagine you'll be wanting to get back to civilization. I can arrange for a transport to planet Capriast for you. It's about a day's flight at lightspeed from here. I'm sorry you had to go through this, citizens. We'll do what we can to make sure you get there safely. I'll be sending the recon bot you're speaking to now to make sure myself that everything goes smoothly."

The bot starts interacting with the terminal again, presumably preparing the transport. "Now, was there anything else you need before we leave? You'll understand if I'm not exactly up for conversation. This is not how I thought this day was going to go."

 No.701189

>>701188
>pausing

 No.701855

File: 1537065681567.png (372.29 KB, 2168x2032, File Peyoot.png)


 No.701856

>>701188

"That's more than one would've expected from this day, so that's appreciated."

Trick Shot just makes himself comfortable somewhere around at that.

 No.701857

>>701188
https://pastebin.com/dKxN9vaM

"Eh.. We should be fine." coronet replies, stretching out over cartor's top panel.

"..Though we should see about bringing Glitter and Poncho along. The two of em wandered off into the jungle earlier, Haven't seen either since but i'd bet they'll want out of here too."

 No.701858

File: 1537066287217.jpg (77.98 KB, 500x595, tumblr_p7if6woj951qztcdbo1….jpg)

>>701188
https://pastebin.com/T2m6zFbJ
"Well who else would be interested kidnapping a singer live on stage in front of everybody? Clearly wasn't professionals, they caused the whole cruise to go down. My bet is on fanatic fanboys from some kinda internet forum.

Copper shrugs.

"What's this facility anyways? Secret weapons testing? Illegal biological research lab making weird crossbreeds that ponies were never meant to make?"

 No.701859

>>701188
https://pastebin.com/DnNS0zrP

Ardor gives a little stretch of her neck as she walks.
"Seeing the beach, I'm feeling better already. That place back there was giving me some super bad vibes, ya know?" She gives a sigh and keeps walking to the only other thing she sees: the antennae.
"So much for an island vacae though."

 No.701860

>>701188
>>701859
"Yeah, I understand what ya mean. It just felt like… eh, the longer I stuck around, the worse it was going to be. Sort of like that feeling you get watching a plane crash in a movie, ya know? Sorry it didn't work out as well for a sort of… relaxing stroll, Miss Glitter."

 No.701861

>>701856

>spotting

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 2 + 3 = 5

 No.701862

>>701856
>>701861
You take a moment to look around the meeting room. There's something not quite right about it: the central table and chairs are covered in dust. It doesn't look like it's been used by living beings in a while.

>>701857
"There's more of you? Just a moment…" The Major starts flashing in different lights, while the guard robot standing behind you start flashing as well, dutifully marching off to presumably find Glitter and Poncho.

>>701858
"That is strictly on a need to know basis," she replies rather coldly, as does the central eye of the robot from blue to yellowish white, almost like a floodlight. "Suffice it to say, this is a research facility."

>>701859
>>701860
As you make your way towards the antenna, a black, intimidating looking bipedal robot marches up the hill towards you. "Glitter and Poncho?" it drones. "Your companions are looking for you. Please, follow me, and do not resist. You are being rescued."

 No.701863

>>701862
"Can you atleast tell me if one of them was right?"

Copper grins, squatting down to the drone's height.

 No.701864

>>701862
"Resist being rescued? Why would anyone do that?" She gets next to the big robot and waves Poncho to hurry along.
"Having another escort is putting me in so much ease right now."

 No.701865

>>701862
waiting for the others, Coronet eyes the Major's robotic camera with idle interest, hoofing a button on Cartor's side. A larger camera opens up from a panel on top of the bot's head, lighting the camera in the blue of a scan.
[1d10] Appraise
"..So, that eyebot of yours, 'sthat military grade? looks pretty sleek.. How's the range on it?"

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.701866

>>701862

Resting against the wall, Drift closes his eyelids and turns on the equipment allowing him to see past them, alongside other obstacles. He looks around checking both the robots and the facility in search for both armaments that could be used against them and possible indicators of what would this facility be researching.

>Defaulting Sight Beyond Sight


>Spot, if needed


[1d10+3]

Roll #1 9 + 3 = 12

 No.701867

>>701862
>>701864
"Oh. Well, alright. Thanks for the rescue, I suppose." he says, following along after Ardor and looking the robot up and down curiously

 No.701868

>>701863
"No." The floating eye looks very unamused, somehow.

>>701865
You haven't seen anything quite like it, but it is obviously extremely high tech. Oddly, you notice the eyebot flinch slightly at the light from Cartor.

"It is," she answers. "It allows me to access its signal from just about anywhere in the galaxy. Whatever it sees, I see. This is the GT-05 model, so it has a couple of other functions, too - self defense routines, terminal interference, communication with other robots, the works." She demonstrates by flashing in several patterns while looking at Cartor, who seems to react strangely by backing away from it slightly.

>>701866
You detect several anomalous and volatile energy signatures coming from one of the adjacent buildings. You're not quite sure what it is, but it's clearly volatile. It seems they're developing some sort of bomb here. You sense the Major looking at you curiously.

>>701864
>>701867
The robot offers no response as it trudges towards the antennae. You follow it over the black stone hill into what looks like a curiously empty military research base. It leads you into one of the primary buildings into some sort of war room, where you see Copper, Trick Shot and Coronet talking to a spherical black robot with a single blue photoreceptor - for all intents and purposes, a floating metal eyeball. "You must be the ones your friends told me about," says a no-nonsense female voice coming from the eyebot. "I'm Major Genevieve Carrith. I'm in charge of this facility. I'm arranging for a transport to be prepared for you all to planet Capriast. I'll be accompanying you as well to ensure everything goes as planned."

>>701863
>>701864
>>701865
>>701866
>>701867
"If everything is in order," the Major says, "then we may depart for Capriast whenever you are ready. From there, it will be up to you to go where you will. Shall we?"

 No.701869

>>701868
"You make the rules boss, wherever you want. Just no chopping me up for experiments. I wouldn't make a good steak."

Copper nods, ready to follow

 No.701870

>>701868
Glitter looks around at everything curiously and nods to the eyeball.
"Oh, wonderful! I mean, its a nice place…aside from some bad vibes I was getting out in the forest." She gives a slight shiver/'eugh' kind of noise.
"Anyways, I'm ready to go whenevers."

 No.701871

>>701868
Looking confused as Cartor backs away, Coronet looks between the two for a moment before nodding.

"Uh.. sure thing, Major. Lead the way."

 No.701872

>>701868
>>701871
"Sure, I guess. No reason to say no for now."

 No.701873

>>701868

Sensing a two-way street in Major's interest, Drift lifts his eylids at a leisurely pace and offers the spherical bot a little, subtle smile. He lifts himself up, responding:

"Now's as good as time as any, at least for us. Assuming you don't mind going with the first group you encounter here, given how there might be more.. I'm guessing you're not getting many visitors around here, what with the place being what it makes itself out to be. Do you ever get lonely?"

 No.701874

>>701869
"We… We don't do that here."

>>701870
"Bad vibes?" she asks, looking at you with suspicion. "Like what?"

>>701873
The Major seems rather taken aback by the question. "…It is a lonesome existence, at times. But it is my burden to bear. For the galaxy."

>>701869
>>701870
>>701871
>>701872
>>701873
You follow the Major out of the war room and across the base to a hangar, where you can see more of the large bipedal robots boarding what you assume is the ship. It is very long, with a broad, T-shaped cockpit, two prominent lateral cannons and four thin, sleek engines at the rear. It reminds you of a hammerhead shark. "Alright, everyone on board. We'll be at Capriast before you know it."

The interior of the ship is sparse, but homely. You make yourselves at home; it has everything a ship should have, and has accommodation for a crew of roughly 10 to 15. In case anything happens, the Major has commanded four of the security robots to stay on board. They stand in the main hold sinisterly, awaiting further instruction.

The Major plugs into the cockpit, small panels on the robot's side opening and paper-thin cables extending to communicate with the complex interface. Before you know it, the ship is taking off with a satisfying hum, blasting off into space. Your stomachs lurch as the ship takes off, and before long you are back in the emptiness of space.

"Alright, get ready. We'll be making the jump to hyperspace in 5, 4, 3, 2… Huh?"

Nothing happens.

"Error. Just a moment…"

Nothing happens.

"What the hell is… Great. Brace up. We have company already." Looking through the cockpit, you can see a faintly visible field surrounding your ship, binding it in place. The field is coming from the larger pirate ship that attacked the Geminian, which has now turned its eye towards you. Nearby, you can see some of the other ships sent from the base being picked apart by smaller craft sent from the pirates' ship, like vultures on a rotting corpse. Five of these start flying towards your ship now. "Now would be a good time to get a crash course on turret operations." She sounds frustrated. "I'll try to get us loose, but it won't be easy. If any of you know about engineering, come give me a hand. The rest of you, try to hold them off. The controls are simple. We have two lateral cannons and two smaller dorsal and ventral turrets. The controls are intuitive enough. Hurry, or we're all dead."

 No.701875

>>701874
"So it's not a chimera-monster making biological research lab! Knew it!"


Copper looks out the view port, ears perking up,

"Lemme at 'em coach. I want your biggest guns!"

She rushes down a hallway, towards the back of the ship, before running back,

"Lateral means the sides of the ship, got it!"

 No.701876

>>701874

Being used to these kind of situations, Drift wastes little time, teleporting to the turret socket that is furthest from where they were at, as to let others access the remaining ones faster. He uses the time gained this way in order to plug himeself into the controls, assuming the interface allows it. Once he establishes that, he says hi to Major in binary, alongside a quick note to not worry that it's not a hacking attempt, but means of helping out.

>teleport, automatic

 No.701877

>>701874
Throwing her hooves up in frustration, Coronet hops down from Cartor in a huff.

"What'd i tell you! I knew we were gettin off too easy waltzing into the base!"

"Cartor, get a readout of the systems." she adds in a huff, the bot lurching forward to front, a camera port opening to cover the console in blue light. A quiet whirring starts up as a printout of the data begins to accumulate on the ground nearby.
[1d10] engineering

opening Cartor's matter manipulator, Coronet leans in hooves first as she starts the console.

"Quick, Major, what's the issue? Some kind of gravity beam, yeah?"

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.701878

>>701874
Everything was happening so fast for the pop star, but she follows Copper down the hall since she seems like she knows where these turrets are.
"This'll be my first time firing these. Hopefully I'm not that bad of a shot."

 No.701879

>>701874
"Oh… uh, hmm." The griffon says, a little unsure. "I'm not the best shot with the cannons, but I'll give one a shot!" he says, following along with the others.

 No.701880

>>701875
>>701879
You run to one of the ventral cannons and strap into the chair. As you do so, a robotic arm folds out from the floor and expands into an adaptable layout, with two main handles for handling the turret. It has two triggers and a set of bumpers right above them, with some tiny lights displaying the ammo counter for these bumpers. They seem to be for firing homing missiles, although you only have 5 total. In the center of this controller is a large rectangular central button labeled "Lockon", while near the bottom are two joysticks which seem to control the cannons themselves. Poncho is in the port side turret, while Copper is in the starboard side.

>>701876
You move into the ventral turret. You are familiar with the controls already, and waste no time in getting ready to shoot down the attacking ships.

"Android, huh." You hear the Major's voice in your head. "Well, I won't complain. In case you haven't seen it by now, those ships they're sending at us are Jackal-class. One man craft, equipped with laser cutters that can bore through a freighter given enough time. They're going to try and board us for sure, unless we manage to bypass the gravnet they have on us. You much of a codebreaker? They've scrambled us to boot, so we can't even access our own status."

>>701877
Cartor starts scanning the ship's systems, but his data collection seems to be impaired by the pirates' attack. However, he manages to gather that the ship's hyperdrive has been disabled by the attacking pirates.

"Kind of," the Major answers as you get to work. "It's a gravnet. Disables the hyperdrive and basically leaves us sitting ducks. Then the Jackals swoop in and pick us apart. They're not looking to take prisoners," she concludes grimly. "They've scrambled our sensors as well, so we can't even check for a way to bypass it. Do me a favor and keep trying to scan it. I'll try and counter-hack them, but I won't be able to hold it for long."

>>701878
You climb up into the dorsal turret. You have no idea what you're doing, but the layout seems fairly simple. There's triggers to shoot things with, a central button to lock on to things, and bumpers that seem to activate a barrage of shots. The HUD seems to imply the latter have a cooldown of some sort.

>>701875
>>701876
>>701878
>>701879
>5 Jackals remaining
Three of them start flying towards your ship, claws extending from the bottom to try and latch on to the ship. The other two start flanking you, opening fire on the starboard cannon (Copper) and the ventral turret (Trick Shot).

 No.701881

>>701880
Ardor looks around at the controls. They seemed simple, sure, and their lives seemed to be on the line, but…something was missing. Something like….
"Oh! I know!" She starts to hum a tune a bit, before getting some lyrics going. Seems like she was getting a song going to try and get into a groove of sorts.

>Inspire

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.701882

>>701880
"Right.. Some kinda viral code, eh?"

"Cartor, adjust scans, start rootin around for what's jamming us!"

the bot wordlessly complies, tightening the beam to the console, which flashes as screens open and close rapidly.
[1d10] Engineering

With Cartor's manipulator humming to life, Coronet digs through it in an attempt to assemble a tool.
[1d10] Gadget: code breaker

"I bet i can put somethin together that'll fry their encryption.. might do a number on the electronics but it's the best bet we've got."

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.701883

>>701880
"Fucking sweet, missiles!"

Copper exclaims, grasping the triggers and firing them indiscriminately, launching every missile out at once. She groans as she accidently snaps one of the triggers in the process, hurting her hands.

[1d10] Firing all missiles, two at the jackal targeting herself, two at the one targeting Trick Shot, and one firing off at another random Jackal.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.701884

>>701883
>not at 3/5, i was a bit preemptive in case i failed

 No.701885

>>701880
Poncho tries his best to get settled into the cannon's chair and familiarize himself with the controls… and, fires off a missile at one of the claw-bearing ships!
>Fire! [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.701886

>>701880

"Aye, Jackals. The classics. Reckon Copper's gonna be of more use to you in cutting their net in 1-0s, but I'll have you covered from a different angle in a moment. Do tell when you get them sensors back online. Gonna be needing those."

While one may've usually crumbled under the pressure of being fired at and hit the trigger outright, it's not the case with Drift, who takes a moment to observe his targets, synchronizing the machine's senses with his own, in preparation for a vicuous strike.

>Lock-on

 No.701887

>>701881
While you can't think of any lyrics, you come up with a fiery tune, that inspires everyone to get out of this sticky situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TbWJJMdLsY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m13s

>everyone gets +1 next round


>>701882
Cartor focuses his scanning retinues, but the monitor sparks violently, and he is forced to disengage for a moment. He looks frazzled, but unharmed. "Looks like they're onto him," the Major grunts in exertion as she remains firmly plugged in.

"hIt It. BeSt ChAnCe We GoT.". Her voice comms seem to be breaking up as she tries to pinpoint hte location of their signal. Thinking quickly, you manage to cobble together a security tunneler, a spike-like device that can be plugged into a terminal or monitor to bypass encryptions. You might be able to use it to slow the effects of their hacking while the Major does her thing.

>>701883
You decide to fire everything you've got. The first two missiles ring true, crippling the Jackal targeting you and sending it careening out of control before it can do too much damage. You then spin around the turret to bail Trick Shot out of trouble. This Jackal crashes against the side of your ship, sparking violently as it lurches away. The ship rocks dramatically. The final missile targets one of the Jackals aiming to latch on to your ship, damaging it severely, but not destroying it just yet.
>0 missiles remaining

>>701885
You see one of the Jackals get damaged by one of Copper's missiles. Pressing the advantage, you fire one of your own missiles at it, blowing it away.
>4 missiles remaining

>>701886
You spin the turret around and start aiming at one of the Jackals that have latched on to the hull. A little red crosshair shows up on the HUD as you get it in your sights.

>>701881
>>701883
>>701885
>>701886
The three Jackals targeted by Copper and Poncho are pretty banged up, but not destroyed yet. One of them flies back to the mothership, while the other two manage to wheel around for a second assault, this time taking the high and low ground, firing at the dorsal and ventral turrets.

The two remaining Jackals clamp on firmly to your ship. A metal spike juts out from the underside like a fly's proboscis and start shooting a blinding red laser into the side of your ship, attempting to bore in. Meanwhile, you can see several more Jackals incoming from the mothership.

>>701882
"Hold on. Just a few more seconds and I'll be able to pinpoint their signal. Buy me some time, would you?"

 No.701888

>>701887
Ardor keeps humming the tune, bobbing her head a bit as she goes to line up a shot. Her hoof slips, though, and ends up unloading a lot more shots than she expected.

>Instant Inspire and +1 from Live Performance talent

[1d10+2]

>Barrage on a clamped JAckal

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #2 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #3 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #4 6 + 1 = 7

 No.701889

>>701887

>>701887

Getting into the tune of battle literally resounding in his cybernetic ears due to both Ardor's efforts and the code running through head, Drift acknowledges the machine's indication and grips the control firmly, letting the years of experience speak for him.

"See that one on top of us? This one's mine.."

>Fleet Caretaker bonus + lock-on bonus + inspire bonus


[1d10+5]
[1d10+5]
[1d10+5]

Roll #1 10 + 5 = 15 / Roll #2 7 + 5 = 12 / Roll #3 7 + 5 = 12

 No.701890

>>701887
"C'mon Cartor! You just gonna let 'em shove you out like that?!"

With Cartor restarting his scanner, Coronet slides next to the bot, attaching the tunneler into the console nearby.

"This'll flush em out, now scan like you're built for it!"
[1d10+1] Engineering
>Gadget active: Security Tunneler

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.701891

>>701884

Drift turns on the radio.

"Copper. Good shot. Since you've fired all missles, I'd recommend you come here. I'll give over the turret station to you. I have an alternative"

 No.701892

>>701887
"Well that was fun. Shame there's no more missiles. "

Copper kicks back, resting her hooves on robotic arm that came down,

"Guess my job here is done."
she closes her eyes and listens to the jams coming from down the hall

>>701891
She opens them back up, however, as Trick radios her turret,

"Ah, cool beans, cool beans. I was banking on taking a nap but I wanna try the non-missile stuff too. I'll head on over."

Copper says, unstrapping and heading towards the smaller turret.

 No.701893

>>701887
Poncho firs a couple of missiles at the lower of the two Jackals, not wanting to waste all of them at once. Or, at least, he doesn't think he should. Only having five makes him kind of nervous.
>[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.701894

>>701888
You keep up the performance, getting to a really dramatic part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TbWJJMdLsY&feature=youtu.be&t=2m17s

Some of your shots go wide, but the majority of them find their mark on the small attack craft. You are unable to deter it completely, however, as it opens fire on your turret. Your chamber jolts violently, and steam starts coming out of the ceiling. The controller heats up for a moment, scorching your hooves, but it cools down fairly quickly. You shoot down the Jackal, watching as it plummets to the planet below.
>3 Jackals remaining

>>701889
You open fire, blowing away the helpless Jackal with a fearsome volley of shots. It careens out of control and crashes into an orbiting satellite, going up in a fiery explosion.

>2 Jackals remaining


However, this does not come without cost, and you are almost knocked out of your seat by the flurry of shots fired by the Jackal that comes around for a second assault. You see a nasty crack in the screen.

>>701890
You plug in the tunneler. It does what it's meant to, and slows down their scrambling long enough for Cartor to get a readout of the ship.

So far, it seems to be in one piece. The dorsal and ventral turrets have both taken some damage, but are still functional. The hyperdrive is disabled, but the engines seem to be working. You could try to maneuver the ship if you wanted to, but you couldn't get too far without a functioning hyperdrive.

"Got it. The gravnet is coming from the bridge. If we focus fire on them, it might break it long enough for us to get out of here."

>>701892
You swap places with Trick Shot.

>>701893
You fire two of your missiles at the Jackal attacking Trick Shot, blowing it away, but not before it does some damage to the turret.

>>701888
>>701889
>>701892
>>701893
As some of them are blown away, more Jackals come - four of them, in fact, hellbent on latching on to your ship.
>5 Jackals remaining

Two of the newcomers fly around to either side of you, aiming to latch on to the port and starboard sides. Meanwhile, the one grappled to the top of the ship starts to break through, a large pony-shaped funnel shooting out and clamping on around the weakening hull. "Get them off before they punch a hole in us!" the Major yells desperately.

 No.701895

>>701894
"I'm working on it," Glitter sorta sings/says back, keeping the performance going and trying to go for a more accurate, single shot this time.

>Inspire

[1d10+2]

>Shooting the jackal latched on

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #2 3 + 1 = 4

 No.701896

>>701894
With the screen lighting up, Coronet pats the bot appreciatively.

"There ya go! Now quick, fire the engines! Get us close to that bridge!"

with the pilot seat online, cartor fires the afterburners, repositioning the ship before sending the ship towards their command ship.

"Where's that radio.." Hoofing around for the mic switch, the system crackles to life.

"Alright heads up, we're sendin this ship as close as we can, dump those missles into their bridge pronto!"

 No.701897

>>701894
>>701893
>>701892
>>701890
>>701888

Drift maintains the usage of the ship comms to communicate to everyone.

"We have not enough ship arms. I'm going over to grab some."

Drift pulls out one of his knives.

"I'll be inside of the one unscraped, incoming from the far right. Be as kind as to not shoot that one by mistake."

The android plugs out, waits for a moment when said ship isn't on crash course with the one he's currently at, then, focusing on the cockpit, he teleports just past the glass screen of it, about to give the pilot inside a nasty surprise with his blade.

>Teleport, automatic

 No.701898

>>701894
"Fine fine, no need to shout. I gotta figure out these guns too."

she gets to work, shooting at the jackel that latched onto the ship.

"Bang bang bang bang, die alien scum! Or whatever you are I guess."

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #3 3 + 1 = 4

 No.701900

>>701894
>>701897
"Y-Yeah, no worries!" he shouts, firing the remaining two missiles at one of the approaching, currently not-being-taken over ships
>[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.701901

>>701898
>just one roll

 No.701902

>>701895
You do a 180 and keep humming as you open fire. You're not too used to the controls yet, however, and miss your shot.
[1d10]

>>701896
The ship starts to struggle against the gravnet, slowly turning around and drifting towards the pirate mothership. "Give them hell, everyone," the Major adds through the comms.

>>701897
You wait for the right moment, then phase into the ship, blade in hand. The occupant, a grubby looking griffon, squawks in alarm as you materialize on top of him, trying to kick you off. The Jackal starts spinning out of control.
[1d10]

>>701898
You open fire on the burrowing Jackal, knocking it clean off your ship. It spins around uncontrollably, but soon rights itself and zooms towards you, retaliating with shots of its own!
[1d10+1]

>>701900
One of the other Jackals changes trajectory and zooms towards you, shooting down both of your missiles and firing on you. Your turret takes heavy damage, and you are knocked out of your seat.

>>701895
>>701897
>>701898
>>701900
The Jackals firing on Poncho and Copper respectively do not let up on their assault. The other three, meanwhile, latch on to your ship firmly in a triangle formation. You keep flying towards the mothership, within range of its cockpit. "Now! Shoot now!"

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 5 + 1 = 6

 No.701903

>>701902
>pausing

 No.702037

>>701902
"Haven't stopped shooting, chiiiill."

Copper says, firing off a single aimed shot at the viewport of the enemy mothership.

"Lesse if I can nail 'em right between the eyes…"

> Revolving Blade: recharge 3, weapon; Autocrits. A critical hit by any other skill or attack refreshes this ability immediately.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.702038

>>701902
Ardor keeps humming, slightly picking up the tempo as she's really feeling the pressure of trying to make her shots land right now. Totally not nervous or anything like that, nope, not at all!

>Instant Inspire

[1d10+2]

>FIRE!

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.702039

>>701902
Poncho scrabbles back on to his chair, and tries to fire with the two remaining missiles at the cockpit, if it's in range!
>Please don't miss!
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.702040

>>701902
Stepping away from the console, Coronet pops the preoccupied Cartor's hatch, fishing out a welding mask and a portable acetylene torch.

"You keep this ship goin, Cartor, i'm gonna try'n find where that ship's drillin in!"

Moving quickly, Coronet makes her way to the Main hold, scanning the roof for the sign of entry.

"Alright, where ya comin in from? I'll give ya something more t'cut through.."

 No.702041

>>701902

With the enemy at the knife's reach, Drift takes a swing at the foe, attempting to capitalize on how restrained a pilot would be by its seat.

[1d10]

>Single weapon tag DC-1


Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.702042

>>702037
>>702038
You hold your breath, focus for a moment and fire. Your shots fire straight and true, hitting them right in the bridge's viewport. At first you're disappointed, however; the mothership doesn't seem to have taken any damage at all. Then, you notice a pinkish-purple shimmer appear around the ship, fluctuating violently before disappearing. "Good shot!" the Major says through the comms. "You shattered their deflector shields!"

>>702037
The Jackal focusing you opens fire; although the worst of it misses, the turret still takes some superficial damage.

>>702039
You fire ze missiles as the deflector shields go down, hitting the bridge dead on. You see the mothership start to tilt slightly from your shot, and debris goes flying everywhere. "That'll show em!" the Major cheers.

>>702040
You can see a burning orange ring on the roof of the main hold from where the Jackal tried to bore in.

>>702041
He kicks you off, and you hit the cockpit hard, albeit unharmed. The pilot looks behind you in shock, distracted by the damage done to the mothership.

>>702037
>>702038
>>702039
>>702040
>>702041
Your ship jolts as the gravnet around it dissipates. "That's it," says the Major. "Hold off these goons a little longer while I prep the ship for lightspeed."

The Jackals, seeing you about to get away, hurtle towards your ship in a last ditch attempt to board. Four of the five Jackals latch on to the ship, desperately drilling into it from multiple ends.

 No.702043

>>702042
"Alright, pal, you're not gettin in on my watch!"

scrounging around for some sheet metal, Coronet Props it against the glowing mark and activates the torch, attaching the piece in an effort to repair the damage.

[1d10] Tinker

With the ship free from the gravnet, Cartor parses the command to 'keep the ship goin' by firing the thrusters in an attempt to shake off the enemy ships.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.702044

>>702042

Drift recoils from the impact, though from the relative position of weakness eyes his opponent. Seeing the opening in the shift of focus, he lunges to the side, attempting to push the force eject button on the Jackal's console, using his prior knowledge of how they work/where they're positioned. He does so, banking on the fact that, given his appearance, the enemy might not expect this kind of indirect threat, though of course, one can never be quite sure, what with him, having appeared outta the blue just so…

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.702045

>>702037
"Say hello to my little friend, Jackals."

Copper says, rapidly firing at three of them.

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #3 7 + 1 = 8

 No.702046

>>702042
Poncho, out of options, frantically whirls the turret around in an effort to catch either a cord or a ship with the turret's gun.
>I-It's better than nothing! [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.702047

>>702042
Glitter goes into the crescendo of her song, being fueled by her success. She aims at for a vital spot on the mothership once more and unloads a final barrage shot at the ship.

>Insta Inspire

[1d10+2]

>Barrage shot

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #3 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #4 8 + 1 = 9

 No.702048

>>702043
The damage seems to be rather extensive. You patch some of it up, but with the limited time you have you don't manage to seal all of it. Cartor puts the ship into full throttle with a sudden burst of speed loosening the Jackals somewhat.

>>702044
You manage to locate and smash the eject button, a panel on the roof hissing open and both of you getting sucked into the vacuum of space. The griffon goes hurtling helplessly towards the mothership, frost rapidly beginning to form on his body; while you don't need to breathe, you feel the same thing happening to you.

>>702045
With the Jackals loosened by Cartor's sudden jolt of the thrusters, your shots do the rest of the work, knocking off three of the four that are latched on. They spin uncontrollably for a moment.

>>702046
You succeed in hitting one of the Jackals with your turret, but damage the gun heavily in the process. You see it get bent and warped by the impact.

>>702047
You keep firing on the mothership as you get ready for takeoff, peppering the hull with shot after shot. One of the Jackals retaliates and defends it, firing back on you and damaging your turret badly.

>>702043
>>702044
>>702045
>>702046
>>702047
"Okay, hold on to something. About to hit the jump whenever you're ready."

 No.702049

>>702048
"I-I think I''m good to go here!" the griffon shouts, gripping his chair tightly and fastening any seatbelts he has

 No.702050

>>702048
"You're the captain, you're not supposed to ask us 'when we're ready', just get going.

Copper says, strapping herself into a chair.

 No.702051

>>702048
feeling the ship rattle and shift forward from the thrust, Coronet watches the hole for a moment for signs of intrusion, before making her way back to the cockpit.

"Ha! That'll teach em t'mess with us!"

Interfacing with the eyebot, Cartor works with the major to align the ship to the warp coordinates.

 No.702052

>>702048

Eyeing the situation from the comfort of the openness of space, thus witnessing the damage done to both the enemy capital ship and the Jackals, Drift decides it's about time he headed back. Giving the griffon a passing glance, Drift leaves the familiar chill of space, opting for the cockpit of his own ship now.

>Teleport, automatic

 No.702053

>>702048
Ardor gives a loud yell and scurries out of her turret when the return fire came at her.
"Yeah, punch it! I'm done with this arcade shooter for awhile!"

 No.702054

>>702049
>>702050
>>702051
>>702052
>>702053
"Three. Two. One."

The stars outside begin to warp and distort, a field of strobing colors starting to form around the ship as it begins to make the jump. The Jackals reel around and open fire on you, a couple of them latching on again for a moment; then, the ship surges forward into a tunnel of psychedelic hues, the Jackals getting thrown back by the force of it. Before long, you are plummeting through hyperspace, now safely en route to Capriast.

The Major unplugs from the console and meets you all back in the main hold once it's settled. "Great work!" the little ball chirps. She looks pleased and relieved, somehow. "You held them off like real professionals. You guys are good at this."

"So, where will you all go once we get to Capriast? Do you have somewhere to be?"

 No.702055

>>702054
"The bars, been meaning to check this one off my list for a while, but couldn't get in bed with any rich guys willing to bring me here on a weekend. Know any good ones?"

Copper walks out of her turret area, checking to see if the ship has a kitchen.

 No.702056

>>702054
meeting up with Cartor in the hall, Coronet stores the welding kit and climbs aboard, lazing about on top of the bot as the party meets in the hold.

"Plans after this? N-not really, no. Turns out that investor on the ship was my last contact, eheh.. Gonna have to find a new source'a supplies now, and soon."

 No.702057

>>702054
"R-Really? I don't think I did a great job with this whole shootin' thing, but if it was enough, I'm happy to help." he says in response, hopping out of his own turret and heading to meet up with the others.

 No.702058

>>702049
>>702050
>>702051
>>702054
>>702055

Drift seemingly ponders Carrith's words, taking one of the seats at the bridge, then speaks up, addressing everyone:

"I reckon it might be the right moment to share, given how my plugging into the consolve may've already raised some flags. I reckon I've gotten a good enough read on you to do so. If not… guess I'll regret it shortly. See… Glitter here was not that far in her expectations on board Geminian. I'm neither a unicorn, nor a sports star. I'm an android who's boarded the ship undercover in order to claim bounty off a dangerous, double-crossing criminal you've had on board… and that I did" - he raises the bloody bag he's been holding on to - "gotta say, the ensuing chaos, aiding her escape attempt, did add to the elation from the hunt… As for your question, major, I'm planning to cash in this bad girl as soon as we get our legs on the ground. Should be enough to get you a headstart in a new line of work, seeing how most of you are in a loss for it right now, assuming you wanna make a thing outta this ragtag team."

 No.702059

>>702054
"I think I'm gonna stick to my day job than try and do this again," Ardor replies with a relieved sigh now that everything seems to be calming down.
"As for where I'm gonna go…no clue. Wherever I can book another gig away from those party crashing bat ponies."

 No.702060

>>702058
"Huh, alright!"

Copper shouts from the hallway, searching for a refrigerator.

 No.702061

>>702058
Leaning over Cartor's side, Coronet looks at you with bright-eyed excitement.

"Woah! You're an android? Coulda fooled me, must be some kinda high-end processor installed if your system can blend in like that!"

"Mind if i take an internals scan? What's your model? Security? Construction? Service?"

 No.702062

>>702058
"Huh, neat. Well…I'unno. Maybe it'd be a good way to get some exposure for future gigs."

 No.702063

>>702055
"I… I don't drink," she answers, sounding rather evasive. "I mean, don't you have any people? Somewhere you live?"

You find that the ship has a woeful little kitchen out of the main hold, mostly consisting of dried or frozen astronaut food; the bare essentials for a one man craft. However, this isn't a one man craft.

>>702056
"Hm. Well you're in luck. Capriast and its sister colony Cafrene are fairly large trade hubs in this part of the galaxy, so you might be able to meet someone there."

>>702057
"You did better than most," she answers warmly. "Intuitive as the controls are, most folks would crack under the pressure of a situation like that. I won't pry about your past, but it's clear you've got some skill."

>>702058
The Major regards you intriguedly. "A bounty hunter, huh. Well, if you're looking for work in that sector, I know the Yellow Hand are active on Capriast, though I'm not sure how you'd contact them. I'm sure you have your ways."

>>702059
"I'll do my part to try and find out more. I have my suspicions about them already, but as soon as we know more, you'll know more."

>>702055
>>702056
>>702057
>>702058
>>702059
"That reminds me. You seem like a capable lot, but it's clear you're all very out of place here. If you don't mind, I'll keep an eye on you guys through this bot. That way we can stay in touch, and if you need anything, you can just ask. What do you say?"

 No.702064

>>702058
"Uh… huh. Well, how 'bout that." the griffon says, scratching at his neck. "I guess my current job's sorta… well, over, now, so I don't think I'd mind picking up something new. If that's what you were suggesting, anyways."

>>702063
"Huh? O-Oh, shucks, thanks I guess." he says, nervously rubbing at his neck. "And, thanks. For not prying, that is."

"I reckon we are out of place. It'd be nice to have a helping… hand? Eye-Bot?" he shrugs "So, thanks!"

 No.702065

>>702063
"Ooh, good to know! Looks like things might finally go our way, eh cartor?" replies Coronet, patting Cartor's head shortly after.

"And uh, yeah, somepony that knows the place'd be real helpful, Major."

 No.702066

>>702063
"Wow…all this is just happening so fast. I mean, I like the extra hoof, don't get me wrong. But one moment I'm on stage. then suddenly I'm firing a ship's gun. It's all just so…wow…."

 No.702067

>>702061

"You'd be surprised. My hardware may've been ahead of time at the time of construction, maybe, but that was a long time ago. It… hardly tells the whole story. Nonetheless, go ahead if you'd like. Given your expertise, I reckon the data will explain that part faster than I would."

He glances at Cartor, not minding his incoming approach, possibly acquainted with the scanning deal by this point in his life.

"As for the model… I'm a custom job. Fleet management, VIP escort and counselling, undercover recon. All sorta stuff. Branched out along the way."

>>702063

He turns towards Carrith, adressing both her and Coronet now:

"Just akin that. Picked bounty hunting for the moment, for this deal seemed interesting for a change. I swap a bunch, just going for what I feel like at the moment. Got all the time in the world for it. That being said, yeah, reckon I might wanna pay them a visit. Check if they got anything fun. Would hardly object to staying in touch either. You seem to have a sold grasp on stuff. Been a while since you've had a break too, I reckon? Just because we don't physically need a break doesn't mean we don't need them, you know. Use that to chill out, will you."

 No.702068

>>702063
"I live in stranger's ships and the occasional hotel if find the money for it. I writer a letter to my folks on holiday."

Copper stuffs her pockets with some frozen food packages, munching on some dried ice cream,

"And to each their own, bars are more than just alcohol though, best place to find information on anything."

 No.702069

>>702060
>>702063
>>702064
>>702065
>>702066

"By the way. Name's not Trick Shot. It's Drift Seer."

 No.702070

>>702063
>>702068
>Copper also heads back to the Bridge

>>702069
"So what do you get from pretending to be like, a pony anyways? You're practically one anyways, right? Don't gotta pretend to be one."

 No.702071

>>702069
"Well, I'll keep that in mind, Mister Drift Seer."

 No.702073

>>702069
"Drift Seer?" She gives a small pout. "Aww, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue as nicely as Trick Shot, but if that's your name, that's your name."

 No.702074

>>702072
>Iron Will: instant automatic, recharge 2; You are going to have your way, no matter the cost. You can take 4 hits to make a failed action Automatic. This ability cannot be used on critfails.

"How anatomically correct is he?"

Copper nudges in, leaning on Coronet's robot

 No.702075

>>702067
"Alright! Cartor, open the scanner."

>>702063
With the camera clicking open from Cartor's head panel, the usual blue light of a scan lights up the android, a stream of paper printing out with the data nearby.
>Engineering roll: 2

"So, Drift Seer, where's your owner? Did they send ya out on this job? Musta been pretty important to have a custom built Android under their control."

 No.702076

>>702075
>>702074
this post applies to this one

 No.702077

>>702074
Watching the stream of paper tick by, i shrug.

"My guess is near perfect, if you take into count blending in that well. still, definently not standard model, gonna be a real interesting read once it's finished."

 No.702078

>>702072
"I don't think he, uh, has an owner. At least, I dunno if he does anymore. Am I wrong in assumin' that?"

 No.702079

>>702070

"It made me learn how to act like one and I hardly consider that task complete. There's always stuff to learn that you might emulate and make use of later. You find that some places offer jobs only for ponies with quite the specific mindset. Moreover… it pays dividents for when someone hunting you takes a wrong turn due to that. Just as an example, I didn't reveal my name to you too early, for there was a distinct possibility that you might've been competition, akin some aboard Geminian."

 No.702080

>>702071

"Just Drift's fine, birdie. Honestly, don't take it to yourself that I've pointed out your faults at safeguarding earlier on. It's just that I've been at this business for a long time. It's the proverbial salt in my eyes."

 No.702081

>>702078
"What, you mean he's one'a those 'awakened' bots or something? I mean, maybe. By the looks of the readout he's got the tech to pull it off, for sure."

 No.702082

>>702079
"Aha, but I haven't given my name yet, how do you know I'm not just an android waiting to yoink your catch myself?"

the minotaur winks,

"Guess you'll have to buy me a drink with the bounty money to make sure, just in case."

 No.702083

>>702064
"This thing's equipped with all sorts of tools." She demonstrates as a couple of panels open up on the bot, revealing blasters, repair tools, computer interfaces and all other sorts of mechanical limbs besides. "If you need a hand with anything, I'd be happy to help."

>>702065
""I've been to Capriast plenty of times. I can show you around for sure."

>>702066
She nods - or at least, as much as a floating eye can nod. She kind of just bobs up and down a little in an approximation of a nod. "Yeah. That's why I want to stick around a while. Make sure you guys don't get hurt. I'll defend you if I have to, but… this body's kind of limited."

>>702067
"We? What do you mean, we?"

>>702068
She looks concerned, her eye turning a deeper shade of blue. "Well, if it works for you I guess. That sounds lonely to me."

>>702075
>>702074
With a bit of guidance from Copper, Cartor starts giving you a readout of Drift's systems. It reads that he's technically programmed for a variety of jobs, mostly administrative work but also reconnaissance. Most importantly, his neural interface is completely haywire - he's one of the 'awakened' or 'arisen' bots that pop up every once in a while, ones that don't heed orders from their creators and have their own free will. The Major peers over Coronet's shoulder at it, looking very intrigued, but offering no comment for now.

 No.702084

>>702072

"The original? Dead for a few centuries by now. The last one… parted with her about halfway till now. Been taking my bite outta this bittersweet fruit of a galaxy for a good while now."

>>702073

Drift snorts with amusement.

"Well, it was meant for that, not gonna lie. Lets you get remembered, akin what the persona I took on would've wished for, I reckon. Unlike myself."

 No.702085

>>702083
"Why thank you. But for now, I think I need to lay down a moment and decompress." She gives a smile to everyone before heading to the barracks/bedroom area to rest up a bit.

 No.702086

>>702083
"Lonely? You're the person surrounded by bots in a secret laboratory in a jungle. I spend my nights either making friends in bars or curing the loneliness of another drifter on their ship."

She sits down, kicking her hooves up on dashboard,

"I'm not the kind to settle down."

>>702077
>>702083
"Yeah but like, do they have those bits? Wouldn't be the first time I saw one in chrome, but never a full robo."

 No.702087

>>702082

"Heh, guess there are gambles you're willing to make. Now, I've seen once an assassin with the near-perfect disguise of a drunkard, who didn't even recall what their target was, long as they had the booze to get going. It allowed him to pass the mind-reading security checks and thus, get close. You… don't strike me like his type, though if you are, colour me interested."

 No.702088

>>702083
>>702078
"Woah.. Hey Poncho, you weren't kiddin! Readings here says he's the genuine article, An awakened android! Not too common, for sure."

>>702084
"Interesting.. I'd see why ya wanna lay low, not too often ponies spot a sentient machine out here, probably end up a target if the news gets too far out."

>>702086
"Why not ask him? Scans didn't show anything but they weren't really tuned to look for external gear anyway, so who knows, maybe."

 No.702089

>>702083
Poncho snickers a little, and eagerly nods in response.

>>702084
>>702081
"Yeah, I'd sort of figured. Seems kinda… neat, honestly. I don't think I've ever met one before."

>>702088
"Mhmm! It's pretty neat."

>>702081
"I-It's alright. I'm not really the best at some of this stuff- I haven't been doing bodyguard work for all that long. Needed a new job, you know?"

 No.702090

>>702085
You head to the eastern dormitories on board and find one to claim for yourself. They seem very threadbare, clearly meant for military use. As such, there is plenty of room for you to customize your little corner of the ship as you see fit.

>>702086
"Heh. Suppose that's true, it's not exactly exciting back there. It's my duty though. For the Empire."

 No.702091

>>702083

"Well, you're not of flesh and blood either, are you?"

 No.702092

>>702088
"I thought you were the one interested in robots, s'all."

Copper shrugs, turning back to the Android,

>>702087
"Hey I just shot down 4 or 5 ships and took out the shieldy whatever of the big one, don't underestimate me!"

Copper laughs,

"Hey since the tinkerer wouldn't tell me, are you doll anatomy or is your manufacturer detailed? Colour me interested."

Copper says, continuing to chuckle.

>>702090
"Good on you, you sound like my friends back home. If that's your calling, go for it. My calling is booze."

She gives a thumbs up to the screen.

 No.702093

>>702091
"Of course I am," she answers, sounding somewhat indignant, but also defensive. "I'm just not… here. This is just a vessel."

 No.702094

>>702086

"Well… the designers made sure I blend in in any circumstances. I reckon that answers your question?"

 No.702095

>>702094
"I won't inquire any further then."

She grins.

 No.702096

>>702088

"Betcha. Not too popular, especially lately, what with the rise in numbers becoming a semi-concern. It's like a fancy urban legend they keep hearing of and imagining all sorts of weird stuff about, not having any grounded facts to base opinions on. Doesn't help to get you any good reputation."

 No.702097

>>702092

"Did I imply? Your skills are a separate matter altogether. Though I reckon you've been hardly drunk right now as to shoot blind now, were you? Should I be afraid of your accuracy becoming even more deadly~?"

 No.702098

>>702092
She just stares at you lifelessly, then a little panel opens up and a little arm pops out in an approximation of a return thumbs up. "To each their own, I guess."

 No.702099

>>702092
"I am interested in robots, Just not in that kind of hardware, yeah?" Coronet replies, blushing slighly. "Not too often ya see an Awakened bot, so of course i'm more interested in how he works, not what he's got, y'know?"

 No.702100

>>702095
"W-Was that really a necessary question? That's a sort of weird thing to ask someone."

>>702093
"So, it's sort of like… a remote-controlled robot, rather than a real robot? Are we going to bump into the real you eventually?"

 No.702101

>>702093

"Aye… felt like it. They wouldn't have left this volatile a business to robots only, would they.."

 No.702102

>>702097
"I wish i was more drunk, the kitchen has nothing to help the cause. S'why i'm going hard on bumming for free drinks once we land."

She smirks, patting her custom weapon strapped on her back,

"And who's to say, don't have to do much aiming with a shotgun."

>>702098
"Rad."

>>702099
"Just be interested in both, I've never spoken to an android that wasn't programmed to sell me something before. Figured I'd ask how much he's like the real thing."

>>702100
"It sorts out a lot of confusion, specially if I had to grab him to yank him out of an exploding ship or something and I grabbed the wrong bit. Plus, I know he can't go pretending to be a gal that easily, 'less hes' modular. Again, wouldn't be the first…"

 No.702103

>>702100
"I… don't think that's going to happen. Security reasons and all that. And no, not exactly. It does have its own AI, just that most of the time, I'm the one in control. Does that answer your question?"

>>702101
"Volatile?" Her tone suddenly changes, from offhandedly friendly to rather cold. Hostile, even. The central eye changes color to a light reddish pink.

 No.702104

>>702099

"All kinds of passions out there, Coronet" - Drift answers rather calmly, for a change, seemingly not intent on capitalizing on the mare's embrassment - "I reckon it speaks well of you as a mechanic that you wouldn't be burying your mind in the gutter, though it's as Carrith said. To each their own… Say, what kind of experiences did you have with those of my kind so far?"

 No.702105

>>702102
"Wouldn't be the first time someone pretended to be a girl, or the first time you've yanked something like that?"

>>702103
"I understand, yeah. That answers my questions!" he chirps, offering a bit of a smile. That red color unnerves him, though.

 No.702106

>>702103
>>702100
"I bet she's dead and it's actually her mind in the robot, I saw it in a movie once."

Copper nudges Poncho.

 No.702107

>>702105
"Yes."

 No.702108

>>702100

"Don't worry about it, Poncho. When you're my age, you tend to get used to many a thing. Being an android comes with a set package."

 No.702109

>>702106
"Of course not. That's ridiculous." You are suddenly aware of the several armed robot guards that accompanied you on board, currently deactivated in storage. It occurs to you it might not be a good idea to offend your host.

 No.702110

>>702104
"Hmm.. Like you said, most of the Awakened started showin up recently, so you're the first.. As for, say, other androids, ehh, about the same as any other bot, really. They're built to do a thing and you use em to do the thing, nothin much beyond that."

"..Though now that these sentient bots are roaming around things'll get real interesting pretty soon."

 No.702111

>>702103

Drift continues, as if he doesn't notice a thing:

"Well, duh. Seeing the arms of this ship that you lucky girl call your own and how you've handed yourself in this dangerous an event, with stuff exploding all around, would you have called your occupation anything but volatile? Sorry, but the robots with the guns right in front of the building we found you in kinda gives it off. you know?"

 No.702112

>>702111
"Well, it's a very private operation. Highly confidential. We have to take security measures, you know. Civilians aren't meant to be there at all." Her eye changes back to blue, although she still looks and sounds suspicious.

 No.702114

>>702112

"So, not asking a question, huh? Well, fine by me. I'd usually offer to delete the memory of having met you in the first place if it bothers you much, though I guess I can't say the same for others, can I? - Drift shrugs - "Chill. Not like the galaxy doesn't have other fun stuff to pry about"

 No.702115

>>702108
"G-Good to know." he says, blushing a little.

>>702106
"Woah, really? I don't watch many movies, so I've never heard of that. Do you really think a brain could fit in there, though? There's an awful lot of tools in there, I think having that many sharp objects around a brain'd make me nervous."

>>702109
"Yeah, that did sound dumb. Figures it wouldn't be the case."

 No.702116

>>702110

"You said it. It's like trying to spot an unassuming adult from a bunch of kids who've learned to imitate grown-up though. It can make one weary. It's a come and go, really."

 No.702117

>>702109
>>702115
"Well I ain't no brain robo scientist whatever, I'm just saying I saw it in a movie once."

She shrugs.

 No.702118

>>702117
"Well, movies have lots of weird stuff!"

 No.702490

The rest of your flight is fairly uneventful. The Major excuses herself and stays plugged into the ship for the majority of the flight, speaking little else to you as she concentrates on monitoring its systems. At one point she shuts off completely, the light in her eye going out and the little ball drone hovering idly for about an hour before coming back online.

Eventually, the psychedelic tunnel of hyperspace shifts back into the emptiness of space, and the Major lets you know that you're arriving at Capriast. You can see it through the cockpit window, a large colony built on one of two moons orbiting a gas giant. The other colony that the Major mentioned, Cafrene, is visible on the other moon from where you are, albeit only as a white glow.

As you pull in closer, you see that the entirety of Capriast is covered by a shimmering white energy dome. It seems to be thriving; you can see ships constantly darting in and out through the dome, zipping into hyperspace bound for parts unknown. As you approach, the ship comes to a halt, and the Major starts communicating with the authorities to gain access to Capriast. It doesn't take long, and before long you push through the dome into the colony itself, a skyline of towering needle like megastructures separated vertically into multiple levels of the colony itself. You slowly and gently land in a large, nondescript hangar, and with a hydraulic hiss the doors of your ship open. You can see several other ships docked alongside yours, and lower class citizens and robots alike are hard at work maintaining them and transporting cargo to and fro. This hangar seems to open out into a commercial district, which is, for all intents and purposes, a gigantic shopping mall.

The Major joins you on the outside, powering down the ship and hovering up to you. "Alright, so this seems to be the go to part of town to buy supplies. If there's anything you want to get, now would be the time. I also heard about a certain pawnbroker in town with connections to the Yellow Hand, if you're inclined to do business with them. Doc Badger, they call him. I won't have any part of it, but if you do go asking questions, try and be discreet about it, would you."

"Would you rather I come with you or stay with the ship? I've told the guards to be on standby in case anyone tries to jack it."

 No.702491

>>702490
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmQqYplaEKo

"Damn, already one on my list. Well I know where a bar is if anyone wants to depressurize after that whole event."

Copper says, leaving in a direction.
>Perpetual Intergalactic Bar Crawl; passive: If a planet or space station has been colonized for at least 10 years, and has at least one bar or tavern or establishment that serves alcohol, Copper Feel has been there (knowing it's name, location, and the locale that visit).

>Tell me about the bar i'm going to

 No.702492

>>702490
>>702491
https://pastebin.com/DnNS0zrP

"You know what? Yeah, a little down time sounds really nice right about now."
Ardor follows Copper to this bar, ready to get some drinks and maybe party it up a bit.

 No.702493

>>702491
>>702490
Coronet sits atop Cartor as usual, the bulky bot stomping down the exit ramp as the Bat listens in to the Major's rundown.

"Hmm.. Should probably restock while i got the chance, but i'm not exactly on the clock here.."

>>702491
"Eh, might as well head to that bar you mentioned, miss minotaur-of-mystery. Still owe you that drink, don't i?" she adds, sending cartor following along.

 No.702494

>>702493
>>702492

"That's the right sorta attitude, we survived a terrorist attack and a ship battle despite no combat training. Think drinks are in order."

Copper grins

 No.702495

>>702490

"Aren't you well informed… well, your input's appreciated, alright."

>>702491
>>702494
>>702493
>>702492

"I'll join you after I do business, then. Gonna see how long of a night one's gonna afford."

 No.702496

That said, Drift's gonna go to said pawnbroken, but after acquiring a pack of cheese cheetos to help in his ploy.

 No.702497

>>702495
"Sure thing, Drift, we'll save ya a seat!" Coronet replies, waving a hoof as she passes, lounging about on Cartor.

 No.702498

>>702490
>>702492
>>702491
"I think I'll join you two, if ya don't mind. I don't drink a whole lot, but a chance to relax'd be nice." the griffon says, waddling on after the other two

 No.702499

>>702491
You know of a lively little inn right here in the Commercial District. It's called The Crossroads, because of being a popular gathering point for spacers due to its proximity to many other hangars. All sorts of folk can be found there, and the Crossroads inn is busy all day; at night, even more so.

>>702491
>>702492
>>702493
>>702495
>>702498
"Guess I'll stay with the ship then." The Major bobs up and down a little as if to shrug before heading back inside.

>>702491
>>702492
>>702493
>>702498
You follow Copper through the Commercial District. Even this late into the day, it is still quite crowded, with many denizens of Capriast bustling to and fro, visiting the many shops, stalls and outlets that line the district. Overhead, oblong security robots fly past, surveying the crowd idly. Cartor, due to his size, seems to draw their attention, but they soon fly off with no further interruption.

You soon arrive at the Crossroads inn. It is a blue and white two story building built into the walls of the District, with a flashing neon sign advertising it outside. The interior is brightly lit, with tasteful, minimalistic decor. It is jam-packed with patrons of all shapes and sizes; equines, Dogs, felids, saurians, griffons, minotaurs and even Breezies can be seen all in the same space. Many of them look rather rough, having cyborg enhancements or wearing special armor or suits. Instead of the usual robot, the bar itself is tended to by a no-nonsense, middle aged mare with her mane in a bun. Funky, upbeat music is playing from the speakers, and there seems to be a stage for live performances as well, although it is currently unoccupied. You can see a flight of stairs at the back leading to the rooms available to rent.

>>702495
You get directions from the Major and go seek out Doc Badger. It takes you a while, but you eventually find his shop in a reclusive little corner of the Commercial District. It looks small and unobstrusive, the title "DOC BADGER PAWNBROKERS" being the only sign that this is the place you're looking for.

The interior of the shop is unremarkable; a dimly lit, dingy little store with several shelves full of knick knacks. The majority of these seem to be mechanical parts for ships, blinkers, and/or robots. At the counter you can see a skinny, gangrel hippogriff in a singlet wearing a pair of goggles, seemingly tinkering with a contraption you don't recognize. As you enter, he looks up, putting down his work and flipping up the goggles. "Hello hello. What can I do you for?"

 No.702500

>>702499
Poncho bobs his head up and down a little as he listens to the music, squeezing in alongside the others. He's used to places this packed though, so he's not very unsettled by it. The griffon'll pull out a couple of seats by the bar and offer them to his companions, before seating himself and giving the bartender a friendly smile.

 No.702501

>>702499

"Good day. I reckon I'm gonna take a stroll around first" - Drift greets the shopkeeper, taking his time, looking a the wares and posing for a customer with time to spare - "How's the business going?"

 No.702502

>>702500
The music in the locale is irresistibly groovy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuFOG_lCGGw

The bartender nods in greeting as she saunters over to you, hastily wiping her hooves. "Hey there. Need a drink? Got all types here, so just say the word and I'll probably have it."

 No.702503

>>702502
"Sure. Something on the lighter side, if you don't mind. I'm not particularly picky, so maybe something local?"

 No.702504

>>702501
"Not bad, not bad. Bit of a slow day today but. Take your time." He goes back to tinkering with the weird device.

Among the shelves, you find some curiosities that stand out to you: an old electric guitar, a radiation detector, a pair of binoculars (not that you'd need them), a tent that collapses easily into a hoof-sized box, and a fire starting kit. The latter two seem to be intended for outdoors use, especially for unknown planets.

 No.702505

>>702499
Glitter moves her head to the beat, as if sampling it a bit. She takes note of the stage, but for right now, she just really wants a drink to help unwind a bit.

 No.702506

>>702503
She thinks for a moment. "Well, we do have a special cocktail. Signature drink of the establishment, courtesy of my husband, bless his soul. We call it the Crossroads Special." She shrugs. "He never was good with names. Here, first one's free for newcomers. House policy." She whips up a fancy looking cocktail with some fruit juice you don't recognize, passing it over to you. She waits expectantly for your reaction.

 No.702507

>>702502
She smiles to the bartender, thinking of something.
"Hmm…something nice and easy before I have some real fun, so… a Sex on the Beach, please."

 No.702508

>>702499
Coronet eyes the entrance of the bar, whistling. "Jeez, this place is packed! Gonna have to park you somewhere, Cartor."

Directing the bot into a nearby parking spot, Coronet makes sure Cartor's chassis is locked before heading into the Bar.

"Alright Cartor, sit tight here. If anypony starts lookin like they're about'ta botjack you flash em your turret. Y'know, scare em off."

Satisfied, She confidently heads into the building.

 No.702509

>>702504

While the other trinkets have absorbed his attention as well, Drift decides to go for the guitar. Not plugging it in, although he may have been able to do so with his power, he tries out the strings. He makes use of the fact that without power it is quite quiet, as to not have it overwhelm the shop, just influencing the mood slightly. He plays a tune that is quite nostalgic, having been with him for a good portion of his lengthy life now.

"What might you be working on?"

 No.702510

>>702499
>>702502
"Heya Gris, can I get a glass of you?"

Copper winks,

"You don't remember my face right? Do I get another free Crossroads?"

 No.702511

>>702507
"Right you are!" She gets to work at breakneck speed, putting together a Sex on the Beach surprisingly fast. It occurs to you that she might have secret cyborg enhancements. "On the house!" she says cheerily, passing you the fancy cocktail, complete with garnishings.

 No.702512

>>702506
"Yeah, that sounds pretty nice! I'll go ahead and take that!" the griffon says. While he doesn't quite know what to expect, fruit juice is always good- so, he'll probably like it a lot!

 No.702513

>>702509
You pluck quietly at the guitar, playing a melancholy little tune.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uj2QiSvuI

"Hmm?" He looks up, neglecting to put his goggles up. He shows you; it's an android eye, disturbingly realistic from the front. The back is all wiring and conduits. "Rest of the model got brought in a few days ago. I'm kind of a tinkerer, so I'm trying to get her back in working condition. Ought to fetch a good price, I reckon. Just got some crossed wires on this one."

 No.702514

>>702512
Pushing up to the bar near you, coronet eyes the fruity drink with interest. "Ooh, so how's the taste, Pal?"

 No.702515

>>702513

"Shucks. What got her into this beat-up of a state? One would think the regular robots and not androids would be better suited to working in conditions warranting such a degree of damage."

 No.702516

>>702512
The drink is quite flavorful, with a strong taste of vodka and cranberries. It has a slightly sour aftertaste, but not unpleasantly so.

 No.702517

>>702510
She frowns and looks at you for a while. "…Cremorne, isn't it? I'm not good with names, sorry. But I do remember you. Just a glass of white wine for you then?" She turns around to start serving, looking back at you for confirmation.

 No.702518

>>702515
"I don't ask questions I don't want the answers to. I just take what I'm given. Looks like the owner did it though, and didn't want to spend money on repairs." Badger shrugs. "Shame."

 No.702519

>>702517
>>702514

"Nah just flirting, she's paying, so whatever she wants to buy me."

Copper points a thumb over to Coronet, looking to her,

"This is a test mind you, open note."

 No.702520

>>702519
"Fair enough. Shout me if you need me." She puts down the wine bottle and goes to quickly serve another customer.

 No.702521

>>702516
>>702514
"Pretty good, actually! You should get one, too!" the griffon chirps excitedly.

 No.702522

>>702519
"So you seem familiar with this bar. You come here often?" She sips her drink slowly.

 No.702523

>>702518

"Sounds like a valid policy around these parts…. shame, you say? Is it one of these cases where a broken tool gets tossed away when a simple fix would've been enough to make it work again?"

Drift uses his scanning system to take a look at the android parts, trying to discern what could've caused the damage.

>Defaulting Sight Beyond Sight

 No.702524

>>702521
>>702520
"Yeah, i'll give it a try!"

Turning to the barkeep, Coronet flags her down with a wing. "Hey, can i get one'a these fruity drinks here? Looks real nice."

>>702519
"Huh? whaddya mean?" She asks, waiting on her drink.

 No.702525

>>702521
"You like it?" She smiles warmly. "Plenty more where that came from if you want another!"

 No.702526

>>702522
"I don't visit anywhere often, this is my thiiiird time? At least twice atleast. It's a comfy bar, the Crossroads Special is a good cocktail."

She says, drumming her fingers on the table,

"Name a planet, I've probably been there. I've got a PHD in barcrawling. Partied in the slums, with flyboys, grannies, et cetera et cetera."

she waves her hands.

"I'd like to think it's my calling."

>>702524
"The drink you're buying me, you're being tested on it."

She sticks out her tongue,

"There's a right and wrong answer you know!"

 No.702527

>>702524
"Sure thing. Just a moment…" She puts together the same drink in ten seconds flat and serves it to you.

 No.702528

>>702523
You examine the other spare parts scattered on the bench; mostly brains, fingers and teeth. It looks to you they were battered with blunt force. Perhaps a form of domestic abuse.

Doc Badger shrugs again. "'Tween you and me, he had a bad look to him. Wouldn't surprise me if he just snapped and broke his own android one day, and decided to sell it here for drug money or something. You get all sorts passing through here."

"Anyway. That was kind of morbid. You settled on buying something or…?"

 No.702529

>>702525
"Sure! I'll go ahead and take another one." the griffon says, setting a few bits down.


>>702522
>>702526
"Want something? I'd be willing to buy, if there's anything you'd want. Same to you, Copper!"

 No.702530

>>702527
"Sweet!"
grabbing ahoof of the drink, Coronet takes the time to enjoy a sip of the alcohol, enjoying the music and company.

>>702526
"Ah, so you're a white wine kinda gal, then? Or was it one'a these 'crossroads' you were after?"

 No.702531

>>702529
She nods, cobbling together yet another Crossroads Special. It's really something else how quickly she can make them. "Enjoy!"
-15 sovs

 No.702532

>>702529
>You don't know her name, yet
"You will never hear me say no to a free drink. Your choice."

>>702530
"I said open note, not that the teacher'd just give you the answer."

She grins even wider.

 No.702533

>>702528

Drift frowns a little, but tone suggests he seems grateful to have been answered nonetheless.

"I see… As for your question, yeah, this old piece actually sounds quite neat. I might consult a singer acquaintance of mine in regards to it before buying it, so you might expect me some other time."

He puts the guitar away and pulls out the pack of cheese cheetos he's acquired along the way, opens it and begins eating, shoving his hoof deeper into the bag than necessary.

"There's one problem with guitars I'm not really fond of though - he goes up to the counter and pulls out his hoof, yellow with the cheetos dust and changes his voice to somewhat accentuated - "can't really play with a yellow limb like that, you know? Dirty business, these cheetos, I tell ya. Got any place to wash one's hooves at the back?"

 No.702534

>>702532
"Oh, so that's how you're gonna be, eh? Fine, fine." says Coronet, taking another sip of her drink.

"Hmm.. if ya went outta your way to get t'this bar in particular, i'd have'ta say The Crossroads was what you're after." She says after a moment of thought. "It is the special, after all!"

 No.702535

>>702532
"Hmm? Well, you really helped me out! I owe you one, at least!" he chirps, offering a friendly smile.

 No.702536

>>702529
"Aww, how sweet. But becareful, I might have some very expensive tastes." She giggles and gives Poncho a wink.

>>702526
"Well dang. Sounds like you're good at living things up."

 No.702537

>>702533
He looks stony all of a sudden, taking off the goggles and looking at you with slight suspicion. He simply nods and presses a button on the counter, and the sign outside changes: 'Sorry, We're Closed'. He leads you through a door at the back of the room, leading you to a second, smaller room lit by dim red light, lending it a slightly eerie atmosphere. "So it's that sort of business is it." He folds his arms. "You came to the right place then. You looking to get in with Yellow Hand or something?"

 No.702538

>>702534
"Order me one then, still sitting dry."

>>702535
"Then order me whatever you'd like hun, booze's booze."

>>702536
"Well I ain't rich or nothing, but I mean hey, just look at me now. Two people buying me drinks and I met them a few hours ago."

 No.702539

>>702538
>>702536
Poncho'll get one of what he got for Copper, and let Glitter pick out what she wants!

 No.702540

>>702538
"Alright, alright, i'm on it."

>>702537
"Hey uh, can i get another'a these Crossroads for the minotaur here." i ask, pulling out the credits for the drink. "Still owe this gal a drink for the trip."

 No.702541

>>702537

Having reached the inner parts, Drift changes his voice to a somewhat more serious one, answering:

"Don't get me wrong. You have some good stuff on your shelves and I respect your occupation, but yes, that's how it is. Won't be my first time though. Looking to complete the formalities of a contract for them. Who knows, maybe they'll be pleased enough not to point a gun at the one working for them till they leave their place this time around…"

 No.702542

>>702540
"Hm? Sure!" She makes another one for you and passes you it.

 No.702543

>>702542
>>702538
Accepting the drink, Coronet carefully slides the bevvy over to the minotaur.

"Alright, How's that? Think it's enough'ta tell me that name'a yours?"

 No.702544

>>702541
He nods, scrounging through a nearby cabinet and pulling out a datapad. "Just bear with me for a second… Alright, here we go. I'll get in touch with one of the bosses and let him know you're coming." He looks up at you. "So. Who are you and what's this about? Can't just let you rock up to Yellow Hand's base uninvited, you know."

 No.702545

>>702539
"Drinks all around!" the bartender says cheerily as she prepares your orders, carrying them all over to you at once expertly. "Enjoy!"

 No.702546

>>702543
>>702545
>>702539

"Two Crossroads, I suppose I'm not complaining."

She says, holding a glass in each hand,

"By the way 'Cor, the correct answer was anything with alcohol. Only way you could've been wrong was something with no alcohol. I'm a very easy class to pass."

She drinks the first glass in one go, leaving the other for actually enjoying the flavor.

"And you sure you don't want to keep it a mystery forever? Thirsty minotaur's a good name after all."

 No.702547

>>702546
"Yeah, but it sounds like something weird to call someone normally." the griffon remarks, with a chuckle

 No.702548

>>702547
"I've had people call me it before!"

She grins,

"Fine fine, Copper Feel. Thanks for the drink hun."

She takes a sip of her remaining Crossroad

 No.702549

>>702547
"Well, you never know. She could be thirsty both literally and figuratively." She hides her building laughter by grinning and finishing her drink.

 No.702550

>>702544

Drift pulls out the head outta the bag and holds it on Doc Badger's eye level, possibly a little uncomfortably close to him, but he does so anyway, if to enhance the convincing effect.

"Since you're their contact, I reckon familiar with the ones who've wronged them?"

 No.702551

>>702546
"Eh, I'm sure nopony wants to just be know as 'miss minotaur' forever, yeah? If ya got a name, ya might as well use it, far as i figure." replies the bat, finishing off her drink shortly after.

 No.702552

>>702550
He recoils at first in surprise and slight disgust, but then he peers more closely at the severed head, tentatively poking it out of curiosity. "No one I knew at least, but I'm guessing they did something to piss off the Hand. Doesn't really answer my question. Who was she?" He can't seem to tear his eyes away from the head, looking under at the bloody neck stump. "Huh. She's real…"

 No.702553

>>702552

"I guess the ones at the Yellow Hand might not have wished to let anyone other than their bounty hunters know who's had the skills and audacity to actually double cross them… not that it did -her- any good in the long term. Name's Barca. If you want, take a picture of the head and send it to them. I don't mind, as long as you don't take mine, setting yet another wave of competition at me, trying to rob me of the prey. For the same reason, you understand, I'd rather not share my name just yet."

 No.702554

>>702549
Poncho flusters a little bit, and lets out a somewhat embarrassed cough. He'll just sip from his drink.

 No.702555


 No.702556

>>702553
He nods, still fascinated by the gruesome sight, pulling up the datapad and pushing a few buttons. The other side of it lights up blue for a moment. "Alright," he says, continuing to type away on it. "Take your prize here to the Carnegie District. There's a building there, the Triton Hotel. Go there, and ask to speak to Ores. They'll take care of you from there."

 No.702557

>>702555
"So, Copper Feel, eh? Good to know."

"So, now that we're all acquainted, i've gotta know: what's next? Once this is all over we just gonna go our separate ways?"

 No.702558

>>702556

"Right."

The android hides the proof of kill once more and readies himself to leave. On the way out he turns his head back, asking:

"And how much for guitar, outta curiosity? Not saying I'll buy it, but I will consider it."

After that he heads out for said district/hotel.

 No.703752

As you sit in the Crossroads bar together, it starts to dawn on you that you don't really have anywhere to go from here. Although you're back in civilization, you're almost as stranded right now as you were on the tropical planet. There's sure to be someone hiring for work here on Capriast.

>>702558
"Hm? That old thing?" He checks his datapad. "Eh. It's old. I'll leave it at 75, and that's a lowball."

It doesn't take you long to orient yourself and arrive at the Triton Hotel, a luxurious looking building in an upmarket part of town. The exterior is a metallic peachy sort of hue, while the same color is present in the interior, with fancy black wooden panelling and furniture littered about the lobby. Holographic screens line the walls, keeping a log of which rooms are available as well as broadcasting local news. Behind a fancy looking desk is a mare wearing a high tech transparent visor and matching glove, which she is seemingly using to sort through some files projected in a VR scenario. She is swiping her hoof to and fro as if rummaging through a cabinet. She doesn't seem to have noticed you yet.

 No.703753

File: 1540694316601.gif (319.1 KB, 1800x1800, 3W0t.gif)

https://pastebin.com/T2m6zFbJ
>>703752
>>702557

"Well, depends on where the party is next, I suppose. Backstage tour around the galaxy would be fuckin' sick, but don't know if the 'ling's looking for roadies."
>>702549
Copper says, looking over to Glitter,

"Do I need to have prior knowledge of your discography? I'm no superfan but you saw how those hyper nerds acted before. Maybe it's for the best"

She laughs.

 No.703754

>>703753
"Oh, they act that way to almost any idol they really like," she replies with a slight laugh.
"Though having some risque songs to help sales can also have something to do with it. But yeah, nah, you don't need to know all my songs."



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]