[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment

File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1531878321179.jpg (253.81 KB, 1080x1920, 1531032485269.jpg)

 No.699170[Last 50 Posts]

Post sheets

 No.699171

File: 1531878442464.jpg (117.99 KB, 645x691, buffalo stronk.jpg)


 No.699172


 No.699173


 No.699174


 No.699175

File: 1531878761463.png (247.07 KB, 1350x1200, Q43IjJrQ.png)


 No.699176

>Flaming 2/7
>All else at full H/W

Last time on HQ…

After shaking off a single panther-like monster with a taste for buffalo, KP, Amy, Flow and Flaming reached the great temple complex called Slipper, a towering structure long since reclaimed by the surrounding forest, deep in the clutches of vines and roots from nearby massive trees and other foliage.

Shei, Pryce and Vice and Trapper, along with their own allies, spoke with King Lininas of Zha Arlakane, negotiating for the right to wield one of the ancient superweapons held in the ancient vault, which could now be unsealed with the return of the tablets detailing the creation of a magatama, knowledge previously believed to have been lost.

>>699172
>>699171
>>699173
>>699175
The creature runs away in a fit. The nail beast can see and smell that there are other monsters like it lurking among the shadows, as can Flaming and KP. But the monsters do not pursue you, and instead slink away into the shadows.
"Right, let's put in some distance before they attack again!" Blessings shouts, whipping the Rumblers into extra quickness. The lizards pull the cart forward, swiftly putting a geat distance between you and those monsters.

After a little while, the winding path through the hill comes to an end and gradually flattens out, delivering you again into the thick and overgrown forest and away from the clutches of beasts for now. The temple of Slipper looms a short distance beyond, with the air pleasantly cool and damp, with the thundrous rhythm of the mighty river in your ears. You forage onward in the cart unto the massive temple, making out the outline and intricate design of an ancient set of doors in the outer walls.

>>699174
>>699173
"Enough," the King says, refusing Pupil. "I have heard all too much about this device from my son's account of his travels. I will not allow either of you into the Vault; we have had to bend our traditions copiously out of necessity in these past months, but the sacredness of that ancient earth, you will not enter. Give me the other tablet, and I shall have the royal geomancers make a new magatama from them and inspect what lies below. In the meantime, stay here with Prince Novelus."
In a rare moment of levity, the King cracks a stern smile. "After all, the lamb doesn't shut up about either of you."

 No.699177

>>699176
Shei-Sher stands on his hooves again as he watches the King leave them. Although failing to show signs of dissapointment. Shei-Sher's resolve hasn't be broken.

He ambles over to Prince Novelus "So.. Do you often wax nostalgic with the King?" Shei says almost concerned

 No.699178

>>699176
>>699171

As they ride, Amy gives Flaming a potion.

[1d10+3] Natural Remedy

"I'm sorry for not helping sooner. I thought maybe I could get it to stop. I don't get why it attacked us. Is it really that hungry?"

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.699179

>>699176
Flaming grunts, pulling herself up to get her bearings straight as she looks around in search for the creature after it darts back into the forest. "Darn it… stupid coward caught me off guard!" She shakes out her limbs, looking around the cart. "Is everyone else okay? All hooves still here?"

As they come through the winding path and taken away from the beasts, she lets out a huff, "Well whatever they were, they're gone now…" she turns around, looking up at the grand temple they ride into with awe once more. "Wonder if we'll find any more surprises like that in there…"

>>699178
As they ride on, Flaming looks on at the potion Amy passes her, happily taking it as she uncorks the bottle. "Don't worry about it, that little old thing couldn't take the likes of ME if it tried. And, I guess so. It is probably just a predator that lives in the area, I don't know if it's something you can 'talk' to or not, Amy."

 No.699180

>>699179

"I can talk to other animals," Amy shrugs.

 No.699181

>>699178
"We've probably come deep within its territory, and within the territory of many other monsters," Zophie says. "It's no surprise they'll try to attack us."

>>699179
The others check themselves for injuries, but everyone else seems to be alright.

>>699178
>>699179
Flaming is fully healed.

The cart eventually rolls to a halt at the base of a set of stairs leading up to the massive temple. The great doors, coated in ancient runes and intricate illustrations of curving dragons, are slightly ajar, and you see a great deal of moss on either side of where the doors have parted, suggesting that they were only recently pried open. The doors are large enough that the cart could be taken inside, albeit with great difficulty in getting up the steps.

 No.699182

>>699181

"Hello? Anyone home? Knock knock!" she shouts as she knocks on the door.

[1d10] for a friendly response!

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.699183

>>699182
There is no response from inside, apart from the distant whistling of far-off winds, and only darkness looms within the temple past the point where the light from outside enters from the parted doors.

 No.699184

>>699176
Vice and Trapper both sigh together.
>>"Well piss, we came all th' way ere' just t' get shafted…"
>"Quite," Vice says bitterly.

>>699181
Flow jolts up and lifts his hood up.
"Whu blu- what happened?"
He looks up at the temple and its open doors.
"Oh, we're here? Why's the door open?… We're gonna have company, aren't we?" he asks with a grimace.

 No.699185

>>699176
>"Wonder what we'll find inside. Do you guys think it'll be full of more creatures like that?"

>>699176
Pryce bows his head at the king's decision.
"Very well."

 No.699186

>>699180
Flaming's ears droop down, "Oh! I'm sorry, I kind of forgot… it's not a thing I'm used to seeing ponies doing."

She frowns, "Well, was it saying anything while it was chewing on me or did it leave too fast?"

>>699181
As everyone checks themselves for injuries, she lets out a sigh of relief. "Okay good. Everyone watch each other's flanks."

>>699183
>>699181
As the party gets to the base of the stairs, Flaming hops out of the cart, imagining they won't be able to force the Rumblers to drag the cart up them. She looks up at the great doors, leering at them as she moves up. "I think we should leave the cart out here, it'll make for a quicker escape in case we need to get out of here quickly. Something's up though, they look like someone's been here recently…" she says as she makes her way up the stairs.

>>699184
As Flow wakes up, Flaming turns back towards the cart, "We are! Hope you got enough sleep, cause it's nothin' but work from here on out. And yeah, I noticed… someone's beat us here."

 No.699187

>>699184
"Are you alright?" Tantra asks. "We were attacked by a monster, and the cart got shaken up pretty badly. Flaming threw it off, and now we're here. Did you get shaken up back there?"

>>699185
>>699186
>>699184
>>699182
"Most likely a few, or the usual temple guardians," Zophie says. "You and the kids may want to stay back here and guard the cart. It'll be dangerous inside."
"I don't want to stay and guard it, we need to learn more from Flow," Spitshine protests.
"Well, unless you stay out here, someone else will have to."

>It's recommended to select at least 3 NPCs to stay and guard the cart. Optional, but highly recommended.


>>699177
>>699184
>>699185
As the king takes the tablet, he leaves, accompanied by a few members of the royal guard. Only Amon and two other guards remain with Novelus, warily eyeing your entourage, but Novelus waves them down.
"I would say I'm more intrigued than nostalgic, but nostalgic nonetheless," Novelus says. "It seems the days grow stranger. Miracle is among your number."
"I go by Chorazin, your highness," the angel says with a deep bow.
Novelus offers a light hum. "I see. Sit, all of you. It's going to be a while for the geomancers to crack the secret. Ecclesians and their spies and shadowy minions… it's got all of us quite paranoid with them now breathing down our necks, though I cannot deny their usefulness."

 No.699188

>>699186

"It didn't say anything…" Amy says with a frown.

>>699186
>>699184
>>699183

"Well, nowhere to go but up," Amy says with a shrug, completely misappropriating the expression before she starts heading up the stairs.

 No.699189

>>699188
Flaming lets out a gruff sound. "Well, it *was* pretty hungry…"

>>699187
Flaming looks at the door, leering at it as she looks back at the group. "Alright… Amy, Flow, and I are going in for sure. We could use whoever the biggest experts on the Sons of God are in there with us, who knows the most about their history?"

 No.699190

>>699187
"That they have."
Pryce agrees as he takes the offer to sit.
"How have things been for you since we parted? Zha looks… quite different than what it was when we last left."

 No.699191

>>699186
Flow groans.
"Ah crap…I hate work."
>>699187
"Yeah, I'm fine lad. Just knocked out out of the blue there…"
He smirks at Spitshine.
"Well if the kids wants to come, I don't see much of a problem with it."

>"Time is something we don't really have, with all due respect, Sir Novelus," he says, with a hint of irritation.

>>"Aye, but we aven't the authority t' skip all this stuff. I'd rather not 'ave us gettin' kicked out fer bein brash, eh?"
The two clones sit down.

>>699188
Flow rolls his eyes as Amy leaves for the stairs.

 No.699192

>>699187
>"I'm not afraid of any danger. And I'm better with puzzles than guarding anyways."

 No.699193

>>699187
"Yes, King Lininas betrays my impression of Ecclessia's presence. He seems almost grateful for the spies and converts running his kingdom."

 No.699194

>>699191
Flaming snorts, "Well then you should have stayed on the ship, buster! WE're not here to relax, you know!"

>>699189
>>699187
"Alright, we could use Blessings for her knowledge of the Sons of God… Spitshine, you come with us in case we need some of your skills… Little Journey, Zjetya, and Zophie come with us…"

She looks to Sugar and Tantra, "Will you two be alright watching the cart out here?"

 No.699195

>>699190
"That it is," Novelus says. "The appearance of an angel at our door hasn't deterred the demon attacks at all. The front gates cannot be opened after sunset for any reason now, as they have become only more aggressive with time. Ecclesian intelligence indicates that more demons are grouping together under a common banner by the name of the Treibheanna."

>>699191
"I apologize, but deciphering that ancient ritual and employing it can't be done immediately," Novelus says. "Please, sit and relax, Sir Vice."

>>699193
>>699192
>>699191
"In some regards, Ecclesia's presence is a load off his shoulders," Novelus says. "The leaders of the other kingdoms we have taken in are all but openly opposing us at every major decision in order to secure more rations for their own people and try to force the king to send troops to liberate their own kingdoms, which have been occupied by demons. Now the threat of Ecclesian subversion has distracted those other rulers, and their extra food, water and secured territory are saving many lives… though I am reluctant to say anything nice about them – besides that they are at least open about their desire to take control, unlike these coward royals we have allowed a seat at the council. I long for the return of unquestioned sovereignty."

He sighs. "Even now, I wonder if allowing Mudi to take control of demonkind would be worth all of this madness to end, and to be able to kick Ecclesia out."

>>699189
>>699192
>>699191
>>699194
"That would be me, I've studied these the most extensively," Blessings answers Flaming.
Tantra nods. "We'll be alright." Sugar and Spitshine talk it over, with Spitshine swearing up and down that she'll be able to take the next adventure to make it up to her. Reluctantly, she agrees.

With that out of the way, you ascend the stairs and enter the temple. There is no light within, and the air is wet and smells of exotic, unknown plantlife, and ancient stones. Roll perception, even if you have a light source.

 No.699196

>>699195
Flaming looks back at Tantra and Sugar, nodding her heads. "Alright! Thanks you guys, I promise the next vault you guys take priority!" She shouts as she ascends the steps, chasing after Amy. "Amy, hold it already!"

As they enter through the temple doors, Flaming's nostrils are assaulted by the exotic, fragrant scents, and she takes a long whiff to to get familiar with it. "I wonder just how deep this place goes…"
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.699197

>>699195
>>699196

"Whyyyyy?" Amy complains as she doesn't stop.

[1d10] for perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.699198

>>699195
Vice grumbles something and leans back in his seat.
Both of the goos don't respond to Novelus' comments, and seethe with opinions that Flow would be more than happy to convey if he was here.

Flow taps his new spear on the ground as he looks around the temple.
>perception
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.699199

>>699195
"Treibheanna. I heard that name over in Fantasia. They've had hoards of ponies in terrible condition dumped on them by that same group. I'm grateful that they've been spared, but it's strange the demons are doing such a thing."

>>699195
"I'm glad you feel the same about them, but I don't trust Mudi either. Any person who outwardly wants control in times like these has to have their intentions questioned."
Pryce sighs.
"But we can't do anything it feels without these groups so far to make any difference in the demons."


>>699195
>"Keep safe you two!"
KP says to Tantra and Sugar as he heads up the stairs with the others.

"Huh, didn't think it'd be damp in here. I hope the stone isn't all crumbly."
>Perception [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.699200

>>699197
"Because this place could be DANGEROUS! You shouldn't just go trotting on ahead of the rest of us, you might fall into some kind of trap."

 No.699201

>>699200

Amy just blows a defiant raspberry at Flaming.

 No.699202

>>699195
"Yes well the core of Ecclessia are defects from Accorsia, among them members of the Union Church. In part, they are experienced with this sort of thing. Teeding the needy, sheltering the poor just as long as they devote themselves to their cause. Yard by yard, Accorsia was griped by their influence during the bleak years. Or so I've read. It's just as apparent history is repeating itself and these remnants of the Union Church are twice as ambitious with the presence of Demons at large. Maybe I might even find myself allying with them against Mudi. I find less reasons to be against them each passing day. As I'm sure your Father did."

Shei puts a hoof to his temple and looks off a bit bashful "Why, my stubborn little tribe of 300 horns had left me for the spooks. I'm sure they're in good hooves at the very least."

 No.699203

>>699196
>>699197
>>699199
>>699198
As you enter the temple, you feel stone tiles shifting beneath your step, and hear the clattering of stone and plants up above. A cloud of bats descends upon you, shrieking in shock, and KP and Amy both get a faceful of the angry bats, which cut their faces and bite at them, before disentangling themselves. In the chaos, they crash into the rest of the party, scraping them as well, though not as badly.
>Amy 3/5

Zophie draws a small crystal out of her bag, and it begins to glow white, illuminating this room. The wide room has three corridors leading forward, with the left and the right ones leading into deeper darkness. The middle corridor ends abruptly in a wall, which is coated in hieroglyphs. Your attention is drawn to this wall, and you notice that there are five perfectly square empty spaces in the hieroglyph mural.

>>699199
>>699198
>>699202
"Yes… and that's something I want to discuss with you quietly," Novelus says. "I am sure none of you have any deep or lasting allegiances to Mudi, but she offers a solution to this world's current troubles nonetheless. She wants to rule over this region and enforce peace, commanding demons through sheer overwhelming power, power that even angels and their Ecclesian sycophants would cower at. But, as I discussed with Flow earlier, this is a role that anyone could fulfill, and Mudi is not a leader I would like to live under, to put it very mildly. I want an alternative to usurp her plan at the last possible moment, and fill the role of which she dreams, thereby obtaining the peace she proposes, but without fear of her tyranny."

 No.699204

>>699201
Flaming looks out as Amy blows a raspberry in her direction, her eyes furrowing. "Oh you did NOT just…!"

>>699203
Flaming looks up in surprise as she feels the stones suddenly shifting under their step, giving out a hurried, "WATCH OUT!" To her friends as the cloud of bats descends. She leaps to one side to avoid them as best she can, bucking and head-butting a few of them away before they disperse.

"AGCCH! Ag… b-bats? What the heck…?" She says, looking around where they had gone. "Amy! Pryce! Are you two okay?"

As Zophie pulls out his light and showcases the middle-hall, holding the hieroglyphics, she turns to look at Blessings. "Any idea what these are…?"

 No.699205

>>699204
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.699206

>>699204
As Blessings studies the mural, she checks a few heavily-annotated old tomes from her bag. "A lot of these symbols are also in the catalogued information we took from Yatrius and the other Apostles. It's telling some kind of old story about a monster, or possibly multiple monsters, but…" she glances at the empty square indentations, which are about one foot across each way within the surface of the mural. "Without the full picture, I don't know what it's conveying."

 No.699207

>>699203
>>699204

"Those bats are totally rude!" Amy says indignantly as they fly out the door. "They could have just flown above us!"

She takes out a potion and drinks it.

[1d10+3] Natural Remedy

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.699208

>>699203
>"Ahhh! Baaaats!"
KP yells as the swarm descends upon him, trying to cover his face from the bloodsuckers but guarding Hopper more. He uncovers his frog, face all scratched up and mane a mess.
>"You ok buddy?"

>>699204
>"I-I'm fine."
KP says, not looking that fine.

>>699203
KP looks up as the room is lit, glancing at the corridors and the empty hieroglyph.
>"Do we have to find the pieces for it to open a new path, or will it tell us which one is right?"
KP look around the room for anything that'd look like it'd fit in the spaces.
>Search [1d10]



>>699203
"Is there anypony we could trust with that role? Their power would be nearly unstoppable, we'd have to have a pony we could trust 100%."

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.699209

>>699208
>>699207
Flaming runs up towards Amy, puffing her cheeks out at the crystal pony. "Well you barged right into their home, Amy! I was trying to warn you not to go too far ahead of us."

She leans down to help up KP, offering a hoof to steady him. "Glad neither of you were hurt too badly."

>>699206
Flaming looks to Blessings as she inspects the mural. She lets out a sigh, "A monster… that doesn't sound very comforting. Those statues didn't mention anything bout a monster."

She looks at the five missing slots, then down to the left corridor leading into darkness. "Wherever those missing pieces to the mural are, they can't be too far away I hope. Let's check down here first. Everypony watch your step."

 No.699210

>>699209

"I knocked first!"

 No.699211

>>699210
"Bats don't know what knocking means, Amy!" She pauses. "Do they?"

 No.699212

>>699203
Shei-Sher breaks out into a snickering fit, his childish giggles fill the air "Gyaaah-hahah ooooh ehehe you have no idea!" Shei blurts

"She is thee absolute worst candidate for the position. Riverspring, Wireframe you might be under her spell after sharing a drink with the witch but if you just saw her when it was her, her sister, Metatron, and I floating above the ramparts of Vitral, when we came for Chorazin's core. We had both kneeled before Metatron and Mudi begged him to spare her until the day she united Huoli and demonkind and then she would happily die by his hooves. And by Ghol! I never thought a Chariot could be so risque. Metatron simply dubbed her for the narcissistic willow wishing prophet she was. Well he was denegrading both of us to be fair, beside the point. Do you know what Mudi's response was? She threw a fit. She's a psychopath willing to wear emotions for fashion, and she's damned determined to come out the most fashionable. She quite literally told us there before Metatron -And Vizsla corroborated this with me- that Mudi means to die shortly after uniting Huoli in war a against the angels with her as the starring martyr. She means to destroy the entire continent if it means she will come out of it as a God."

"Now we have a perfectly good candidate. Amy Thest is half demon, she won in the Demon Tournament bearing the red skull of Vitral's greatest. There is a way to transfer Mudi's power to her and if that's without success. Even with her reputation and Ecclessia's cooperation we could manage something."

 No.699213

>>699209
KP eases at Flaming's consoling.
>"Right, just a few scratches."

 No.699214

>>699211

"I'll ask some bats later."

 No.699215

>>699213
Flaming nods, "Good! A few scars will make you look tougher, you know."
>>699214
"I don't know if it's really THAT important… what I mean is, just try to slow it down, the first one was just a bunch of bats but what if the next room has a pony-eating hydra in it that you wake up?"

 No.699216

>>699215
>"But you need a cool story to go with scars if you have any! Getting swarmed by bats isn't impressive."

 No.699217

>>699203
Flow ducks and readies his spear as the bats come flying out.
“Flying rats!”
He sighs with relief when they pass, and glances at Amy and Pryce with a snicker.
Flow looks down the left path, and taps his spear in thought.
“I call going down this one!” He shouts into the hallway.

Both of the goo clones look at each other, then back to Novelus, keeping their mouths shut, lest they let anything sensitive slip.

 No.699218

>>699216
Flaming pauses, looking up in thought. "That's… a good point, getting jumped by a bunch of bats is kinda wimpy. And you don't wanna lie about it and make it sound bigger." She shrugs, "Just keep waiting, Pryce! I'm sure something bigger will come by that will give you much cooler scars to talk about."

>>699217
She turns to Flow, "Yeah, I was thinking about the left path too. We should all go down together so we don't get separated."

 No.699219

>>699207
>>699208
Amy restores her minor injuries, and Hopper appears unharmed, but puts a foot on KP in concern. Clicking her tongue in annoyance, Zjetya starts to fix KP's mane as Blessings explains the mural to Flaming. (See: >>699206)

>>699208
There are no square tablets nearby, suggesting that they may be further within the temple.
"The way that these stones were cut out looks very natural," Spitshine comments. "This was obviously deliberate, so this is either some kind of locking mechanism, or some other kind of puzzle we need to get past."

As the others move ahead, Blessings and LJ go with them, while Spitshine and Blessings stay with you.

>>699212
>>699208
>>699217
"Technically speaking, that match was a tie between Amy and Flow," Busta says.
"How do you know?" Mocha asks. "You hadn't joined the party by that point."
"Well, it was the talk of the city! Everyone loves chatting about Royal Wrassle matches."

Novelus ignores this talk of wrestling matches. "Amy… to tell the truth, despite all that I know of her, I'm still conflicted on the idea of handing over ultimate power to her. She is prone to moments of true and quiet maturity, clearheadedness and cleverness when others are panicking. Her simple trust and ability to bring out the best of others, and animosity for falsehood are all good qualities… but a half demon candidate still has dangers. I know she's integrated her demonic half, Ego, further into her, but what if the surge of power from defeating Mudi turns Ego against her? I don't know… Are there any alternatives?"

>>699209
>>699210
>>699217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab60XEyA5OQ
Blessings and LJ go with you deeper into the ruins, as does Zophie. You head down the long corridor, and are subtly aware of the hallway growing wider as you proceed inside. Eventually, distant light signals the end of the tunnel, which brings you to a vast temple courtyard. Light shines from above, and you see that there is a second floor far above you, with no roof apart from a thin canopy of towering trees. A gigantic square stone structure is in the center of the courtyard, elegantly decorated with carvings. Atop the stone sits a hideous, flying monster, similar to a vulture in shape, but with dense black scales all covering its body. It doesn't seem to notice you.

A quick look around reveals a hallway on the east and west sides of the courtyard, and you cannot see the north wall because the big stone square is blocking the view.

 No.699220

>>699219
while Spitshine and Zjetya*

 No.699221

>>699219
Flaming moves down with Blessings, LJ, Amy, and Flow down the corridor into the large stone courtyard. She looks around her surroundings at the canopy above and the second floor. "No ceiling… it looks like it goes directly outside in some places."

Her wandering eye stops on the hideous bird creature, jumping back in fright at it despite it not moving to do anything. "Gaagh! What is that… thing? Some kind of bird?" Flaming whispers, looking on at it as it fails to acknowledge them.

"Is it some kind of guardian, or monster? Maybe we should attack it before it notices us, while we still have the drop on it…"

 No.699222

>>699219
Shei-Sher waves his hand dismissively at Busta "Fine, fine, but the mere fact that it was talked about means her name is in the air."

"I understand the caution, but someone with both hooves planted on each side of the mortal species would make mending the relations between demons and ponykind a much smoother effort. Demon's recognize power from other demons, I hear it is like an instinct for them. We don't know if it is the same for a mortal. How many battles will have to be fought after surviving Tartarus until the demons understand the point. For all we know Mudi may just be coasting on her reputation as a Witch of Gehenna for word to spread when she claims her power."

"And erm.. by the way. It's nice talking to again Novelus, it really is, but I was hoping I could see the Geomancers at work. If I could get an escort?"

 No.699223

>>699218
>"Well I do get that horn burn the big guy has from the Ember. That's pretty cool."

>>699219
>"I'm fine Hopper, just some scratches."

KP looks up as Zjetya fixes up his mane.
>"Oh, thanks Zjetya."

>>699219
>"Maybe it's warning about the kind of things we'll run into in here."
KP comments after Spitshine, based on what Blessings interpreted.

As the others moves on, KP looks to the other corridor.
>"We shouldn't split up, but let's just check this other corridor. If we gotta find 5 of these things they might be all over. But we'll stop right at the first thing we see so we don't get lost."

KP suggest to Spitshine and Zjetya, walking to the right corridor while shouting to the others.

>>699218
>>699214
>"We're gonna take a quick peak on this other corridor then meet right back with you guys!"
He shouts towards the others before checking the right hallway.



>>699219
Pryce thinks.
"Our best bet would be somepony not tied to any group so they would not have any biases. Somepony who'd continue things they way they used to be, or at least naturally and not push their own will on everyone."

 No.699224

>>699221
>>699219

Amy's tattoos glow as she transforms absent-mindedly into a pony-sized white wolf.

>Mystic Animal Totem


"Hellooooo," she says in a friendly tone to the creature as she waves vigorously at it. "Wanna be friends?"

[1d10+2] Animal Mastery for friendship!

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.699225

>>699219
>“She’s the best option we have on hand…” Vice mumbles under his breath as Trapper looks increasingly nervous.

Flow rubs his chin.
“Hmm. Descisions, descisions…
He looks up at the giant vulture, and taps Zophie.
“Dya think that’s the thing that was flying overhead?”

 No.699226

>>699225
>>699223
>>699222
"That is all true – even if Amy is the ideal candidate, we must have an alternative prepared if she should perish in the journey through Tartarus. I hear many things about it from Ecclesian informants, but it's hard to sift rumor from truth in this day, especially with such ancient legends and stories to guide us. I worry badly for your future."

When Shei asks for an escort, Novelus hims and haws, kicking his hind hooves as he weighs whether to disobey the king. "Oh… Shei, you know I have a hard time saying 'no' to friends. Come along, I'll walk you there. I could bring ten demons with me through the halls and the guards wouldn't even look sideways at me."

Novelus hops out of his chair and heads through the hall.

>>699225
"Yeah, it's about the size that the shadow was before. This is probably its nest that we've come into, as it looks pretty comfortable sitting around this temple," Zophie says. "We'll have to tread carefully to avoi–"

Then Amy calls to it.

>>699224
>>699221
>>699225
As Amy calls to the great vulture-like beast, it gradually raises its head, stretching out its long black wings as though it were just rising from sleep. The monster turns its attention down to you, and casually casts out its wing. One of the many massive scales slips from the beast's body, and hurtles toward you, causing Blessings and Zophie to dive for cover.

[1d10+4]

>>699223
You and your allies head down the right-hand hallway, but the path in time leads you to the same great courtyard where Flaming, Amy and Flow arrived (described in last post), and you see the events of the above reply unfold.

Roll #1 3 + 4 = 7

 No.699227

>>699226
Shei-Sher chuckles bashfully "Hehe well then, maybe I should hold off on asking if we may stay for dinner. In all honesty, I had hopes to speak with your father again on the matter. Once he had cooled off."

 No.699228

>>699224
>>699226
As Amy transforms into a pony-sized wolf, Flaming smiles, looking at her hopefully. "Oooooh… good idea, maybe this one will be a little more friendly…"

However, as it shoots out massive, black scales from its wing that shoot out towards the party, Flaming gasps, swiftly pushing herself ahead to intercept them. "Or maybe not! All of you get to cover! I'll draw its fire while you strike!"

Flaming shouts as she starts running around the creature, he horns glowing blue as azure flames light them. "HEY! Over here you ugly pigeon! I've seen demons with prettier faces!"
>Offering on the Mountain: Automatic; Recharge 2 after effect ends; A cursed blue fire encircles your head, drawing the ire of enemies, leaving them more likely to target you over allies who have not attacked yet. Allies who score critical successes attract more ire. This effect lasts 3 turns.

 No.699229

>>699226
>>699224
>>699221
KP looks around as they come out into the open courtyard, shielding his eyes from the bright light. He looks over, seeing FLaming and Amy and waves to them. He opens his mouth to shout over, but stops as he spots the giant vulture. Then he looks lowered to the cube, whispering to Spitshine.
>"Hey, does that look like the same size as those empty spot in the last room you think, or maybe we need to copy those over?"

>>699226
>>699227
"Hopefully we won't need an alternative for… that kind of outcome."
Pryce says with worry.

Pryce rises to join as they all go to be escorted.
"I couldn't imagine having this kind of lifestyle. Even guards alone being around seems strange to have in your own home."

 No.699230

>>699226
>>699228
>Pragma on Flaming (watch it be irrelevant for the fight I actually remember to do it)

"Hey!" Amy shouts angrily as they are shot at. "I'm just trying to be friendly! Fine!"

Amy Howls go resummon the Nail Beast.

[1d10+2] for Animal Mastery

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.699231

>>699226
Vice and Trapper both sigh in relief as Novelus exits.
>”Man, if only Flow was here…”
>>”Aye lad…”

Flow groans and takes a defensice position with the Tsurugi.
“Oi! Wot’s the bleedin plan? I can’t exactly reach the thing from down here!”
He looks around to see if he can easily reach the vulture.

 No.699232

>>699229
"No, it looked like the indentations needed to be filled," Spitshine says. "MAYBE we could make a counterfeit, but I don't think the indentations would accept that. My guess is that parts of the mural were removed, and that we'd have to find them within the temple and bring them back."

>>699228
>>699230
>>699229
Amy summons a superior nail beast, this one with 6/6 and +1 to its attacks. (NB2, with NB1 being the one summoned the previous session). However, as Flaming runs to intercept the great scale, it collides with her, smashing her into the ground with a great weight, stunning her with severe injuries. To make things worse, as it lands, a tremendous heaviness comes upon her, signaled by the formation of a sinister dark gray aura about her.
>Flaming 0/5, Marked for Ruin
>Marked for Ruin; Lasts until dispelled: All attacks upon the afflicted target inflict an additional Wound in addition to their normal damage.
>Pragma has activated
Horrified by the awful damage inflicted by a single attack, Blessings and Zophie run to her aid, with Zophie spreading a goo coating around her, while Blessings tries to help her up.
[1d10+2] Zophie
[1d10+2] Blessings

The black scaled vulture pulls its wing back, its eyes gleaming with a predatory arrogance as it watches them try to help her.

>>699231
The weathered stone structure has been eroded somewhat, and you quickly identify a few places you could slither up using your gooey form. Idenfitying this has given you +2 to climbing it (which is instant)

>>699231
>>699229
>>699227
"Live a little, Pryce. You've been a dreary character in the time I've known you. You would love the prince's lifestyle!"
You head through the halls with Novelus, with all guards quickly getting out of his way and bowing to you as you pass, as though you were honored guests. Through the winding halls of the palace, you reach a well-furnished workshop on the northern side, rich with the scent of incense. The room is filled with all manner of gemstones, tools and books, and populated by robed, priestly-looking geomancers. On a large marble platform in the center of the room, the king oversees as a team of geomancers, aided by Doctor Galton of the Ecclesian Choir, study the stone tablets, and prepare a geomancy ritual.

Novelus stops at the entrance of the room, and the King doesn't notice you yet. Novelus glances back at Shei. "Shall I announce our presence, or are you up to something? You can hide nothing from me, you know – I won't stop you."

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 2 + 2 = 4

 No.699233

>>699231
"Find a way!" She shouts to Flow, "I'll keep its focus on me!"

>>699232
Flaming grunts as the scale impacts her hard, letting out a cry of pain as she's sent colliding back to the ground. She winces, feeling the sudden force of gravity weighing her down afterwards as the creature halts in its attack. She glares angrily at it, but stops to wonder why it does not attack again.

As Blessings tries to help her up, she grunts, powering her way through the pain, "I-it's alright, I've got it… that REALLY hurt though.."
[1d10] Huge

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.699234

>>699232
>turn 3/4 for Wolf Form

"Hey! Don't hurt her!" Amy barks at the creature. As she does, holy flames erupt from her mouth.

>Wrath [1d10+3]


She follows that up by sucking a tiny bit of the negative energy from whatever is affecting Flaming and spitting it back at the monster.
>Pragma is passive, just fluffing

>NB1 attack [1d10]

>NB2 attack [1d10+2]

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 1 + 2 = 3

 No.699235

>>699233
>Huge successful!
Flaming lets out a cough, rising herself up as Zophie works her goo on her. "Man, this thing hits hard… and my whole body feels weird."

She stops a moment, focusing on a prayer as her horns glow white to keep her steady. "Just have to keep drawing its fire while the others work on a way to take it down! But why didn't it continue the attack…?"

>Prayer for Salvation: Automatic; Recharge 2; The target's next recovery from Helplessness will be an Automatic Instant action, and the target will get +1 to all future attempts to get up until the end of combat.

>Mantra of Recovery: Recharge 2 after effect ends; Instant; Cannot be used at full Hits; On use, select an enemy. Every turn, you drain two Hits from that target. This effect ends when you go helpless, or after 3 turns pass, whichever comes first.
[1d10] Mantra of Recovery against the vulture

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.699236

>>699232
>are you up to something?
"Maybe.. For now. I just want to watch the ritual. Thanks Dan- Uhm Prince Novelus, you don't have to announce our presence, we can watch the ritual from here."

Shei-Sher nudges Mocha and whispers in her ear "Doctor Galton. He's a servant of Buiwong isn't he? If things continue to not go our way, do you think would help us with the vault?"

 No.699237

>>699232
>"Aw, thought this would've been it for sure with that big beast sitting on top of it."

>>699232
As Flaming is toppled from a single scale, KP trembles in fear at the beast. His horn lights up as he levitates a rock or other bit of rubble nearby and tosses it at the bird to get it's attention away from Flaming.
>Rock Toss [1d10]

>"Run!"

He shouts to Spitshine and Zjetya as he runs along the outer edge of the wall to go to the northern corridor opposite of the others.


>>699232
"I've lived plenty. I hosted a magic show just the other day at Fantasia."
Pryce retorts a tad defensively.

He looks on as they enter the geomancer's workshop, amazed by the lavish furnishing.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.699238

>>699235
>>699234
>>699233
>>699237
In KP's panic, the rock tumbles from his magical grasp before it can fly far.

Zophie's goo becomes a soft, defensive barrier around Flaming's body, leaving her feeling light and energetic despite massive bruising and soreness of muscles and limbs caused by the attack and its ensuing curse. Amy's holy fireball breaks upon the monster's scales, not damaging it, but clearly angering it, as it melts the upper layer of some of its scales into a black gunk, while the needles launched by the beast sear its neck area. The monster lets out a deep and scratchy roar, and launches itself into the air, creating a mighty gust which knocks NB2 into Amy, and the two fall against a stone pillar.
>Amy 2/5
>NB 1/6

The monster lands on the giant stone structure, and you see dozens of black hieroglyphs gather around its body, surrounded by a cloud of gray aura like that which covers Flaming. The creature takes flight again, and as it does, the hieroglyphs and gray cloud erupt from its body, filling the whole temple complex.

"This is the first rule… the use of weapons, items and relics has been forbidden," a deep voice says in your head.

The monster flies to the western wing of the temple complex, but before it does, you could swear you see it glancing down in a display of challenge.

>>699237
>>699236
Novelus nods. "How has your love life been, Pryce? There is a notable difference in your demeanor from the last I've seen you. It's more square-shouldered, more confident and direct, the kind which a tad of experience of love will bring."

Mocha nods. "I know that she is, but I don't think it will come to that. She won't want to disrupt what Ecclesia has built up here in Zha."

>Paused

 No.699860

Last time on HQ…

>Amy 2/5

>NB 1/6
>Flaming 1/6

Amy, Flaming, Flow, KP and their companions entered the ruins of Slipper, leaving Tantra and Sugar outside to guard their cart from any monsters that might want to prey on the Rumblers. In the main area, their attention was drawn to a large hieroglyphic wall at the end of a brief hallway. The wall looked significant, given its ornate inscriptions, but was missing five deliberately carved stone chunks, seeming to be some kind of obstacle to the party's progress.

After proceeding deeper into the temple, the party entered a massive main area, where they were attacked by a towering, scale-covered vulture monster. The monster flew off after a brief skirmish, and they then heard a voice in their heads informing them that the use of relics and items was now forbidden, calling back to the warning of the golem who guarded the temple.

Shei, Pryce, Vice, Trapper and their allies spoke with Prince Novelus and King Lininas of Zha Arlakane to negotiate for some of the ancient relics stored in the royal vault. The King was highly reluctant, citing the fabled power of the relics, but seemed open to negotiation if for no other reason than that they were able to open the long-sealed vault in the first place. The King took the stone tablet for the geomancers to decipher.

 No.699861

>Amy
>KP
>Flaming
>Flow

In KP's panic, the rock tumbles from his magical grasp before it can fly far.

Zophie's goo becomes a soft, defensive barrier around Flaming's body, leaving her feeling light and energetic despite massive bruising and soreness of muscles and limbs caused by the attack and its ensuing curse. Amy's holy fireball breaks upon the monster's scales, not damaging it, but clearly angering it, as it melts the upper layer of some of its scales into a black gunk, while the needles launched by the beast sear its neck area. The monster lets out a deep and scratchy roar, and launches itself into the air, creating a mighty gust which knocks NB2 into Amy, and the two fall against a stone pillar.
>Amy 2/5
>NB 1/6

The monster lands on the giant stone structure, and you see dozens of black hieroglyphs gather around its body, surrounded by a cloud of gray aura like that which covers Flaming. The creature takes flight again, and as it does, the hieroglyphs and gray cloud erupt from its body, filling the whole temple complex.

"This is the first rule: the use of weapons, items and relics has been forbidden," a deep voice says in your head.

The monster flies to the western wing of the temple complex, but before it does, you could swear you see it glancing down in a display of challenge.

>Shei

>Pryce
>Flow
Novelus nods. "How has your love life been, Pryce? There is a notable difference in your demeanor from the last I've seen you. It's more square-shouldered, more confident and direct, the kind which a tad of experience of love will bring."

Mocha nods. "I know that she is, but I don't think it will come to that. She won't want to disrupt what Ecclesia has built up here in Zha."

 No.699862


 No.699863


 No.699864

>>699861

"Joke's on you," Amy says defiantly after being told to follow a rule. "THESE are spells!" she says as she pulls out a potion and drinks it.

[1d10] Natural Remedy

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.699865


 No.699866

>>699864
Name.

You heal yourself without any apparent drawbacks. Blessings and Zophie look on with interest as nothing happens.

"Huh, that must not have counted as breaking the rule," Blessings comments.
"Yeah, no point in having a rule if you can't enforce it," Zophie adds. "Though, let's not tempt fate any more than we have to. The golem said we'd be dealing with rules while we're in here, but not what the consequences would be."

 No.699867

>>699861
>>699863
KP runs over to Flaming now that the monster has fled.
>"Flaming! A-Are you alright?"
He shouts with worry after seeing that large scale strike her.



>>699861
Pryce freezes for a half-second as Novelus asks him about his love life.
"It's, uh…"
Pryce clears his throat, caught off guard."
"It's doing well."

 No.699868

>>699867
Novelus nods approvingly. "Excellent. You're a much different pony than the one I last saw. The change was for the better. Don't tell me…"
He glances at River, who smiles and nods.
"Frankly, I am only surprised that it didn't occur sooner," Novelus comments.

>>699867
>>699863
You rush over with Spitshine, and see that Flaming has been coated in a protective layer of slime by Zophie. Somehow, it doesn't sink into her clothes or get into her mouth or nose, but rests just around her like an aura.

 No.699869

>>699861
Flaming's eyes open up after she manages to recover from the creature's assault, looking around herself as she feels the goo from Flow's friend surrounding her and lifting her up. "Woah! This… I feel great…" she gives a few practice hops as she bounces around the floor with the goo, before looking to Zophie. "What is this stuff?"

>>699861
As the monster lands up on the giant stone structure, Flaming leers up at it, looking at the gray aura surrounding it before she feels the great voice, groaning as she closes her eyes trying to drown it out.

"Gah! W-where did that…" she asks, looking around in vain as the monster flies away. She looks to the others, "Is everyone alright? What did that thing mean, 'this is the first rule'?"

>>699867
Flaming looks over towards KP with a smile, nodding, "What are you kidding? Come on, you KNOW it'd take more than that to stop me!" She bounces in Zophies goo once more. "Though I gotta say, this sure helps a bit. I feel lighter than air!"

 No.699870

>>699866

"Of course," Amy says proudly. "My potions are magic!"

>>699867
>>699863

"So… what now?"

 No.699871

>>699861
https://pastebin.com/R0AXr1UU

Flow throws his hooves up in defeat.
“Oh blast! And I was looking forward to using this damn thing…”
Flow stashes his spear away and crosses his arms.

Vice wipes his brow and looks at Trapper.
>”Should we speak more? I feel like we’ll misrepresent Flow if we speak wrong.”
The clone shrugs.
>>”I don’t see why not, we’re pretty much the bloke anyways.”

 No.699872

>>699868
"I feel different as well. I'm doing much better."

"What do you mean by that?"
Pryce questions to the glance and comment, slight embarrassment as they discuss his romantic life.



>>699869
>"Well yea, but still! That was a huge scale!"
As Flaming boucnes around, KP 'ooo's in wonder.
>"Cooool, it's like a bouncy castle!"

>>699870
>"We have to find that missing piece of the wall back in the last room, right? So we gotta explore deeper."

 No.699873

>>699872
Flaming groans, "Yeah… I won't lie, that DID really hurt…" she looks around at the aura surrounding her. "And I feel… off. I-I think it might have had some kind of magic on it to boot." She smiles as he admires the bounciness. "Hey, if you get hurt, then you can try it on too, right?"

>>699870
>>699871
Flaming grumbles, pacing back and forth, "Well I only have one idea at the moment, and that's to chase that thing down! It must have something to do with those missing pieces to the mural." She stops, pondering, "Though it was weird… why did it run away instead of attacking us? Is this part of the game… that voice, it said there was a RULE: no items, and no weapons…" she pauses, looking up at her thorny crown she commonly used for combat. "I guess the Sons of God want to test how strong we are on our own power?"

 No.699874

>>699869
"It's a protective barrier I've put around you," Zophie says. "It'll help you endure some damage, but not much else. I mostly save my goo for my own use, you understand."

>>699870
>>699871
>>699872
"Yeah, that sounds about right: It flew to the western half of the complex, so it seems to me that if we follow it, we might find some way of getting rid of this weird rule," Spitshine points out.
"It definitely feels like some kind of test," Blessings adds. "After all, if it wanted to fight us, it could have stuck around. Instead, it flew off, kind of like a challenge."
"It was looking down on us for sure, pun intended," Zophie says.

>>699872
>>699871
"It was obvious!" Novelus exclaims. "Vice, Trapper, back me up here, won't you?"
"I have no idea what he's talking about, but I am inclined to agree," Mocha says.

Behind Novelus, in the workshop, you see the geomancers preparing an elaborate ritual, spreading salt and mercury into the shape of an octagram, and beginning an intricate chant, as incense begins to seep out of special ornate urns placed at the corners of the room.

 No.699875

>>699874
"Right, I can understand: probably only have so much of it to go around. I'll use what you've given me best I can, promise."

As Spitshine suggests following behind it, she holds up a hoof, "One second… we didn't get a LOT of time to look this room over before we caught its attention. Let's look it over for any more clues on how to beat it before we try tackling it again, it 'really' packs a punch."

[1d10] Flaming looks around the room for anything of note

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.699876

>>699875
You see five hallways leading out of the room: Two to the south (where you came from a moment ago) and another for each of the cardinal directions. Your attention is drawn to the elaborate hieroglyphs and inscriptions on the giant stone square in the center of the room. The hieroglyphs are beautifully carved and have a certain logic, but you can't decipher what it means just yet. Roll again if desired.

 No.699877

>>699873
>"I'd like to try it without getting hurt, but I'll leave it for you if it's helping you out."

>>699874
>"So what are we waiting for? Let's head west after that big bird!"



>>699874
"I know we had a history, but…"
Pryce looks to River.
"Was it really that obvious?"

 No.699878

>>699872

Amy snickers childish. Then, she sighs. "It's just not as fun without Shei around."

>>699873
>>699874

"Well take this before the rules change," Amy says, popping a potion in Flaming's mouth.

[1d10+3] Natural Remedy

Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.699879

>>699876
>>699877
Flaming looks ahead to the hieroglyphs and inscriptions in the stone center of the room, going over towards it as she smiles at Kid Pryce, "Too bad! You only get this as a reward for bravery in battle, Pryce."

She calls, "Blessings, Spitshine! Come look at this thing in the center it was sitting on, I'd like to see if we can read it."

[1d10] One more attempt

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.699880

>>699878
>"What's not as fun? Were you expecting that fight to take a bad turn?"

>>699879
>"Fine then. I won't be late to the next fight then. And I won't get hit either so I'll get to enjoy it without being all hurt."

 No.699881

>>699877
"I did like you a good amount prior to all of this," River admits sheepishly. "However, I was very reluctant to act on my feelings… for obvious reasons."

>>699877
>>699878
>>699879
>Flaming 8/7
As Flaming reads the inscriptions a little more carefully, parts of it start to click for her. Running from right to left and from the bottom up, the inscriptions are telling a story about a stallion, armed only with a sword, tasked with the protection of a kingdom by the voice of some kind of god, represented by some kind of great, dark bird descending from a cloud. The hero journeys forth into a dark wood, bearing only a sword, only to be confronted by a dark clump of golden-eyed monsters with many hands.

Roll again if reading onward. Blessings checks her books to see if there are any common symbols. [1d10+2]

"Oh man, why do we always get the literary challenges?" Spitshine wonders aloud.

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.699882

>>699874
Flow rolls his eyes at Zophie's joke.
"Fine, let's kick that thing's ass so we can get what we came here for."

Both of the goos grin and nod.
>"Quite."
>>"Oh yeah, mate, definitely!"
They both observe the geomancers perform their ritual.

>>699881
"Tell me about it," he responds.

 No.699883

>>699880
She rubs the top of his head, leaving a little goo trapped in it. "That's the spirit!"

>>699878
As Amy pops the potion in Flaming's mouth, Flaming gives out a sputtered, "Mmmgrgmmh!" before downing half the potion, looking elated as she takes it out of her mouth. She has a slight look of annoyance at first, but as the healing effects kick in, she relaxes, though she still shoots one eyebrow up at Amy. "Thanks Amy but, a little warning next time?"

>>699881
>>699882
Flaming looks at the story, "The Sons of God were smart, they use pictures for their writing sort of like my tribe does. I don't understand why ponies can't make it this easy…" she says as she reads through. She looks to Flow, and answers, "It's telling us about a stallion who, armed with only a sword, was sent to protect a kingdom by some sort of god… and that 'god' appears to be that big ugly black bird we saw not too long ago if I had to guess." She shudders, "O-oh jeez, that means I insulted AND attacked a GOD! Stupid stupid, BIG no no…"

She coughs, continuing. "S-so anyways, this stallion went to the woods and was confronted by… some kind of monster with golden eyes and many hands…"
[1d10] Reading onwards

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.699884

>>699881
"I feel a bit dense now, if I was the last one to pick up on it."
Pryce says with a slight awkward chuckle.



>>699881
>"That voice before said we couldn't use anything now. They must've wanted ponies to think here rather than fight."

 No.699885

>>699883
"Sounds like quite the tale… Why're we learning about this now? Are we supposed to get a task from this god or something? Do we have to kill the same monster he fought?"
He scratches his head as he comes up with more questions.
"Besides, that thing didn't look anything like any "god" I've seen."

 No.699886

>>699880

"See, you don't even GET the sex jokes!"

>>699883

"There's no time for that when it comes to healing!"

>>699883
>>699881

"Go Shortyhorns! Read! Read! Read!" Amy cheers her on as Flaming tries to read.

"So, are you saying that bird thing is a god?"

 No.699887

>>699885

"It's definitely rude enough to be a god," Amy grumbles.

 No.699888

>>699886
KP tilts his head in confusion.
>"What's funny about that?"

 No.699889

KP roll.
>[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.699890

>>699887
Flow grins and has to hold back a snicker.

 No.699891

>>699886
>>699881

[1d10] Mystery roll!

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.699892

>>699885
"I don't think we have to KILL it, that would seem to be counter productive to the god giving us some sort of mission… but we do have to do 'something' it wants, maybe we only have to follow it to learn more."

>>699886
Flaming is about to object, but pauses, realizing Amy has a point. "O-oh… hmm… a-alright, that's a good point. But, at least say something first!"

She chuckles as she reads. "Yeah, I know: usually neither of us can read all this pony stuff, it feels fun to actually be able to do it for once. And yeah, that's what it says, unless this thing is lying. Which means we shouldn't attack it anymore I don't think, that would bring us all SORTS of misfortune!"

>>699881
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.699893

>>699890

"Don't laugh at me!" Amy says defensively.

>>699881

"Wh-what happened to your arm!?" Amy suddenly blurts out, pointing to Blessing in horror.

 No.699894

>>699892
>>699881
>>699893
As Flaming continues to read the mural, something catches her eye out from the corner, and she turns her head in shock to seeing Blessing's hoof begin to morph into a style like the very hieroglyphics they read, and vanish as she likewise jumps back in shock.

"Blessings! Your hoof!"

 No.699895

>>699883
>>699882
>>699880
>>699884
>>699886
>>699893
>>699894
As you read onward in the hieroglyphic writings, Blessings periodically points out complex images that occur in both her text and on the stone wall, aiding in its deciphering. The hero perserveres against many kinds of monsters in his path, but not without suffering great injury. In time, he rescues a princess, who joins his quest, but the two are stopped by a great pit that zig-zags its way through the earth.

However, as Amy points out Blessings, the rest of you turn from the hieroglyphs just in time to see Blessings' arm vanish, and a strange inky smoke wafting from it into the sky. Above Blessings, you see her right arm, still holding the book, now stylized like a hieroglyph, flat and abstracted. Blessings turns white with horror as the rest of her body begins to morph into hieroglyphs and dissolve, floating upward limb by limb. She barely has time to let out a scream before her body entirely transforms. The smoky hieroglyphs fly, with one body part each flying to the west, east, north and south portions of the temple.

https://youtu.be/zxjjie1Ohio

The others stare on in horror, silent before Zophie quietly gulps. "I see… I get it."

>>699884
>>699885
>going to have to put the other half on hold, will continue Friday due to shei absence

 No.699896

>>699895

"We have to save her!" Amy shouts in a panic. "Come on!" she says as she runs after the piece that went south.

[1d10] to keep it in sight

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.699897

>>699895
KP looks over, frozen in shock as Blessing evaporates before them.
>"Blessings?"
He mutters as she vanishes.
>"Wh…What just happened?"
He's barely able to speak, visibly trembling as if it was frigid out.

 No.699898

>>699893
"I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at your joke. I'm not even laughing, I'm…chuckling."
He says with a pout.

>>699895
Flow tilts his head in pure confusion.
"Mind giving an explaination for /that/ then?!"

 No.699899

>>699898

"I wasn't joking…" Amy mumbles.

 No.699900

>>699895
As Blessings horrifically tarnsforms into a 2D picture before their eyes, breaking up into several heiroglyphs that go in each direction, her terrified shout fills the chamber, "BLESSINGS!"

She looks in each of the four directions, before turning her attention to Zophie, "You get it? Get what?!"

>>699897
>>699896
>>699898
>>699895
As Amy runs off, Flaming growls, "Amy's right! Zophie, explain on the way, we're going after her! Everyone this way, we'll go after one piece at a time! Come on!"

Flaming runs quickly after Amy

 No.699901

>>699897
>>699898
>>699900
"She broke the rule!" LJ exclaims. "Referencing the book must have counted as using an item! I'll bet if we break any other rules, the same will happen to us!"
"Exactly, that must have been it," Zophie says. "I was quietly hoping someone would break one of the rules, just to see what would happen, but this was too big of a cost."

LJ quickly runs after Flaming as she chases after Amy.

>>699896
>>699900
You and LJ chase the smoky hieroglyph of her head as it flies to the south, returning through the first corridor you came down. You chase it to the end of the corridor, and it sharply turns to the left, then left again, heading down the short, middle corridor. The smoky hieroglyph then flies into the wall at the end of the middle corridor – the wall that had the five missing pieces. The hieroglyph of her head melds with the wall, and appears at the top of the wall as if it had been carved in. You notice that two other heads of ponies are also there, but you don't recognize them.

LJ squints at the heads. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.699902

>>699901
LJ then stamps his hoof in frustration. "Oh no… Those idiots!"

 No.699903

>>699901
"W-what?! The book COUNTED?!" She growls, "Darn it! Stupid stupid stupid, why didn't I realize that?! I should have told her to put it away!" Flaming reaches up onto her head, grabbing at her crown and pulling it off to put away in her sack. "Everyone, be sure not to use ANY of your items or weapons, not a single one! If this is really just a game then Blessings should be alright if we win!"

As they make their way into the southern corridor, winding through the halls giving chase to it, she looks up at where the hieroglyph representing Blessing's head appears near the top. "There she is! Now just need to figure out how to get her out…"

As LJ curses, she turns to him, "What idiots? Do you know the other two ponies up there?"

[1d10] Looking for clues around this end of the corridor

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.699904

>>699901

"So, if we find the missing pieces, she'll come back together? Then, let's go!"

Amy quickly chooses a direction and hopes it's the right way.

[1d10] for right way

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.699905

>>699903
"They're part of Buiwong's cult," LJ says. "At the end of the One Night War, my Lord sent many of his disciples across the earth to help those who were too weak to defend themselves against demonkind, and to recruit more to give my Lord even more power through prayer. It looks like these two stumbled into this temple and broke the rules!"

Indeed, your blood runs cold as you look elsewhere on the corridor, seeing the heads of many buffalo, griffons, goats and sheep carved into the walls.

The only thing that comes to mind for fixing them are the five empty spaces in the wall.

 No.699906

>>699899
"Oh…it sounded like a joke."
He shrugs.

>>699900
Flow throws his arms up and gives chase as well.

>>699901
"Oh come on man, this rule is so stupid!"
He starts looking for anything along the walls to help searching.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.699907

>>699904
"Well we FOUND a piece of her here, Amy," she says, pointing up to the picture of her head in the wall. "The only question is… how do we get her out…?"

>>699905
Flaming looks around at the various pictures of buffalos, griffons, etc that adorn the wall along side ponies, her eyes widening at the thought of just how many souls have been trapped here all this time. "…we're NOT leaving Blessings to this. We're winning this game, and we're taking her out of here."

She huffs, looking around to the the others, "That god was the one who set this rule, maybe he can tell us how to undo it. I'm guessing the other parts of Blessing went into walls just like this one, let's go west and chase that bird to finish the game first."

 No.699908

>>699906
>>699904
>>699907
Recalling the giant black vulture, and how it flew to the western end of the temple, Amy leads the charge down the westernmost corridor, and Zophie, LJ, Spitshine and Zjetya follow along eagerly. The long, winding corridor twists and turns before ending in a wide room with a ceiling open to the sky, about the size of a theater. It has an upper level, and two staircases on either side of the room for accessing it.

The giant black vulture sits at the bac end of the room on a stone platform, with its eyes shut. As you arrive, it opens one eye, gazing down condescendingly. On the upper level, you see about ten of the shadowy aligator-panthers, hungrily prowling about.

"Damn thing thinks he can test us…" Zjetya spits.

 No.699909

>>699907

"No, the missing pieces of the WALL."

>>699908

"So, do we fight them?" Amy asks. "I can't tell what we should and shouldn't attack."

 No.699910

>>699908
>>699909
Flaming looks up and leers at the bird-god as it looks down upon them all from its perch on the upper level, and then her eyes turning around towards the various panthers surrounding the upper level.

"There it is. Unfortunately, it has friends… it's those things that attacked us on the way here."

She looks to Amy, "Amy, did you say you were able to talk with the one that attacked us me on the cart?"

 No.699911

>>699908
Flow pounds his hooves together as he looks up at the aligator-panthers.
"Damn…we got our work cut out for us now. I don't mind going fist-to-fist for now."

 No.699912

>>699911
She frowns at Flow, "You sure you'll be alright? No offense but… I don't know if I've ever seen you fight without a sword."

 No.699913

>>699912
"Trust me, I've trained just as much without weapons just as much as I've trained with em," he says with a cocky smile.

 No.699914

>>699901
>"Why would you want somepony to do that?!"
KP shouts at Zophie, breaking from his terror and very upset.
>"Why didn't you stop her! What if we can't fix what happened?!"
He continues to scold very angrily.

As the others run off, KP chases after them, not wanting to be separated after seeing what just happened.

 No.699915

>>699910

"No, it never answered," Amy says sadly.

 No.699916

>>699908
KP catches up, panting from running so much. He looks up at the bird and the panthators prowling around.
>"Uh, maybe we can make them fight themselves? Or have them go after the bird?"

 No.699917

>>699914
Zophie doesn't answer, her gaze steeled and darkly determined. Her presence is very much similar in feel to Flow's when he is truly in the zone during battle.

>>699909
>>699910
>>699914
>>699911
The dark vulture screeches commandingly, and the aligator-panthers leap from their perches to the ground, prowling about without so much as a sound, their gold eyes glinting hungrily. The vulture pulls back one of its great talons, revealing a square stone plate beneath it, and it appears that it's the same size as one of the empty spots in the wall down that one middle corridor.

Despite the panthers' menacing gazes, they don't charge or leap, as that one did earlier. They seem like they're waiting for you to approach or act first.

 No.699918

>>699915
Flaming growls, "Darn… probably shouldn't put all our bets on 'that' then."

>>699913
Flaming nods, "Alright… if you need help though, just let me know! I have a lot of practice working without weapons."

>>699916
Flaming pauses, looking over at Pryce. "That might be something… but how? He's right there and they don't seem to mind him."

>>699917
Flaming turns and looks at the vulture's cry, dropping into a battle stance as the rest of the panthers are drawn to their presence. "Uh oh… alright, everyone get ready, here they come…!"

She stands ready to fight, but looks ahead to eye the tablet under the vulture's claws. She looks back up at the panthers, eyeing them curiously. "They're not striking… they're waiting for us to make the first move. Let's make sure it's the right one."

She cautiously takes a few steps forward, seeing how agitated it makes their foes.

 No.699919

>>699917
KP huffs as Zophie doesn't respond. Even if she's in the zone it's very rude.

>>699917
KP takes a few steps back as the panthers leap down and prowl, a little more scared.

>>699918
>"H-Hey, Flaming. Do you remember what the rest of that pillar said? Their eyes are kinda like that creature you read off it."

 No.699920

>>699917

"I don't know what will happen if I use my wolf form without my starlight fragment…" Amy mutters. "I mean I have the tattoos, but…"

"I'm sorry, I won't be much use. But, I can do this!"

Amy unleashes a blast of holy flames at the monsters.

>Wrath [1d10+3]


>>699918
>lol caution

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.699921

>>699920
Flaming shakes her head, "Nothing that'd help… the hero fought those monsters to save a princess, and incurred great injury in the process. From that, I'm taken to believe we're meant to do the same…"

>>699920
As Amy charges forth with a blast of holy flames, Flaming's eyes droop low. "Really?"

 No.699922

>>699921
>"So Blessings is our princess and this is gonna hurt to get her back. I'm more than fine with that to save a friend."

 No.699923

>>699918
>>699920
>>699919
As you cross the threshold into the room, Amy's attack causes the beasts to spring forward into action. Three are burnt by the fire, but the others are deft and swift, criss-crossing around the fire in various directions, leaping at the party with jaws bared.

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2] vs Amy

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2] vs Flaming

As LJ, Zophie and Spitshine charge into battle, other panthers encircle them in a mass of shadow, gold-glowing eyes, claws and teeth. Zjetya stands protectively in front of KP, brandishing her pistol in case a panther draws near.

>their rolls coming next due to mlpg's roll limits


Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #2 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #3 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #4 1 + 2 = 3

 No.699924

>>699923
But, Zjetya quickly yelps and drops her pistol in fear, apparently remembering what just happened to Blessings. Meanwhile, LJ and Zophie are set upon by the monsters, thrashing back and forth as they exchange blows amid being bitten. Spitshine, unable to use his knives, is having a much harder time with his monster, but fights on furiously with a flurry of punches.

[1d10+2] vs [1d10+4] LJ
[1d10+2] vs [1d10+3] Zophie
[1d10+2] vs [1d10] Spitshine

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 1 + 4 = 5 / Roll #3 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #4 10 + 3 = 13 / Roll #5 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #6 1 = 1

 No.699925

>>699917
Flow crouches and raises his hooves, ready for one to pounce.

>>699920
And he shakes his head as Amy charges towards them.
"C'mon, we don't know how dangerous they are yet…"

>>699923
He charges at the panther thing targeting Spitshine.
>Tackle
[1d10+2]
He also focuses on himself, hoping he's not breaking the rules somehow.
>VoG on himself and Spitshine
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.699926

>>699923
KP almost tackles Zjetya as he sees her raise her pistol, fearful over what would happen. But he stops himself as she drops it, sighing in relief.
He looks at all the panthers jumping around, unsure of how they should proceed.
>"Let's try and move forward. The bird sent them at us, maybe if we reach him he'll stop them."
He says to Zjetya, running towards the staircases to the upper floor.

 No.699927

>>699922
Flaming smiles, "Yeah, that's a way to think of it. Now let's go save our princess."

>>699923
>>699924
As the Panthers descend, Flaming growls indignantly, pushing herself back down into a fighting stance ready to meet the ones that jump out at her. She lets out a tiny roar, leaping up to bash her forehead into the foremost one.

[1d10+3] All or Nothing

Roll #1 10 + 3 = 13

 No.699928

>>699925

"Exactly!" Amy says as if you're agreeing with her.

Amy suddenly realizes she's out of things to do. She takes this moment to come up with a better plan.

>Prayer of Enlightenment for Homing Missiles


As she does, she dodges the incoming attacks. [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.699929


 No.699930

>>699926
>[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.699931

Battle theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJgqaPfk4xE

>Everyone please put H/W in name field


>>699928
You swiftly dodge the first one's attack, sending it hurtling into the dungeon's tile, while the second one manages to scrape your side with its tail-hand, causing you to lose 2 Hits.

While the first one is stunned, the one that landed a hit peels back around, coming in with hit-and-run tactics.

>P1 stunned

[1d10+2] P2 attack

>>699927
Panther 3, the one attacking you, lands several clean hits, slicing at your sides, but the goo barrier softens the impacts and dissolves. You lose only 2 Hits, and this bewilders the beast long enough for you to knock it back into Panther 4, and the two impact the wall. Panther 3 springboards off the dazed Panther 4 to attack you again.

[1d10+2] P3 attack
>P4 stunned

>>699925
You fail to wrestle Spitshine free of the attacking monster, losing 2 Hits as you're caught up in the thrashing. Spitshine looks badly injured, and the attacker, Panther 5, leaps off him to tear into you.

[1d10+2] P5 attack

>>699930
You and Zjetya make a break for it across the battlefield, and while the panthers are too busy to attack you, you see one leap off from the pack and charge for you. You're about 1/3 of the way across the room right now.

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #2 6 + 2 = 8 / Roll #3 2 + 2 = 4

 No.699932

Zophie and LJ are having greatly mixed luck against their attackers, with a bloody LJ being rolled onto his back after a bad fall, and Zophie wrapping her attacker in a gooey grasp, slamming him heavily against the ground as he thrashes at her.

[1d10+2] vs [1d10+4] LJ
[1d10+2] vs [1d10+3] Zophie

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 4 + 4 = 8 / Roll #3 10 + 2 = 12 / Roll #4 10 + 3 = 13

 No.699933

>>699931
KP looks back at panthator running for them, then focuses intently on running for the stairs.
>"Keep going! They might not do stairs well!"
KP urges as he pushes his little legs as fast as they can go.
>[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.699934

>>699931
After knocking her head into Panther 3 and sending it flying back to knock its friend and stunning it. Flaming takes a few steps back, shaking her head after the impact, before looking on smugly at the Panther that charges her once more. She grunts, turning around for it to run straight into both of her rear-hooves at once as she delivers a mean buck square to its jawline
>Activating Wild Hunt:
>Automatic All or Nothing (hence, a critical+3)

>Mantra of Recovery: Recharge 2 after effect ends; Instant; Cannot be used at full Hits; On use, select an enemy. Every turn, you drain two Hits from that target. This effect ends when you go helpless, or after 3 turns pass, whichever comes first.

[1d10] on Panther 4 at the same time

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.699935

>>699931

Amy concentrates on drawing out her own negative energy (speaking of which, Pragma on Shortyhorns).

[1d10+1] Homing Missiles

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.699936

>>699935
>>699931

Also, dodge. [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.699937

>>699931
Flow rolls his arm around.
"You stay off the kid, you damn dirty animal!"
He rears back his hoof for a punch to its snout as he concentrates once more.
[1d10+3]
>IDoS
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 + 3 = 12 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.699938

>>699935
You charge 4 shots as Panther 2 launches its clawed tail underneath you and slashes at your chest and stomach, leaving you dazed and woozy, losing 4 Hits, before launching itself at Flaming. Panther 1 gradually gets up and charges you as well, its form leaking black smoke.

[1d10+2] P1 attack

>>699934
You bash Panther 3 so hard that the monster bursts into a puff of smoke, leaving behind no corpse save for a pair of golden gemstones, which fall from its eye sockets. You see Panther 4 dissolve as well, leaving behind the gems. You regain 2 Hits.

Panther 2, after raking its claws on Amy, tries to grab you by the throat. [1d10+2]

>>699933
You hear Panther 8, the one that was chasing you, stumbling and failing to climb the stairs. You ascend the staircase and reach the second floor along with Zjetya. Panther 8 runs toward the middle of the room, turning its head up to watch you.

Zjetya looks at the stone tablet, guarded by the vulture. "We can probably grab it, but we'll need a distraction. Any ideas?"

>>699937
You buff yourself and strike P5 so hard that it dissolves into smoke, causing it to vanish, leaving behind two golden gemstones where its eyes once were.

P9 jumps in, trying to strike you while your back is turned. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #2 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #3 10 + 2 = 12

 No.699939

LJ and Zophie both destroy their attacking monsters; LJ tries to bite P2's tail, and Zophie covers Amy with a protective goo barrier.

LJ [1d10+2]
Zophie [1d10+2]

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #2 4 + 2 = 6

 No.699940

>>699938
>"I can get the distraction. You can grab the tablet."
KP says with some pride, stepping out onto the middle of the floor as if he's in a spotlight. He picks Hopper off his head and sets him aside.

>"Hey! Hey Mister Bird!"

KP shouts, hopping up and waving his hooves.
>"Look what I can do!"
He says, horn glowing as he attempts to makes a firework of embers for a show and distraction.
>Firework [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.699941

>>699938
Flow turns around to meet the panther's strike with an uppercut to its jaw.
[1d10+3]+1
>VoG on him and Zophie
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.699942

>>699938
Flaming grunts after her attack sends Panther 3 sending so far back he poofs into smoke, her eyes widening in response. "They're just smoke…?" she asks in surprise as the golden gems fall to the ground. As Panther 2 approaches, she turns in surprise, preparing her battle stance as she sees LJ sneaking up behind it to bite its tail.

She smiles as she leaps up above it to bring her head down, "What's wrong Journey? There's PLENTY to choose from, why do you have to go stealing mine?!"

[1d10+3] Attacking the Panther 2

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.699943

>>699938

"You should just stay down," Amy says before she gathers all her negativity into her mouth. She spits them out as little balls. The balls then proceed to fly at the Panther attacking her.

>Homing Missiles [1d10+1] [1d10+1] [1d10+1] [1d10+1]


She also shoots holy fire at any beasts close enough. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #3 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #4 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #5 9 + 3 = 12

 No.699944

>>699943

To be clear, that last roll is a wrath.

 No.699945

>>699940
The vulture glances over at KP for a few seconds, seemingly only interested in the fireworks to see if they're some kind of precursor to a fire-based attack. Zjetya tries to use the distraction to fly toward the stone tablet, launching air from her mouth to propel herself forward.

[1d10+2]

However, Panther 8 tries to leap up at you and attack! [1d10+2]

>>699941
P9 rakes its claws against you, causing you to lose 6 Hits. However, you uppercut the monster, knocking it back. Zophie tries to follow up by catching P9 in goo, but P10, the final panther, takes the chance to swipe you both with its tail.

[1d10+3] Zophie
[1d10+2] P10

>>699943
>>699942
Flaming chokes as P2 grabs her by the throat, and is only able to thrash a bit as it holds her, and she loses 4 Hits. LJ tries to bite the tail to rip it off, but only succeeds in getting himself thrown around like a ragdoll. As P1 pins Amy, she blasts it and P2 with a wave of magic and fire, annihilating them both.
>Amy 0/4

LJ bends down to help up Amy. [1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8 / Roll #2 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #3 4 + 3 = 7 / Roll #4 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #5 2 + 1 = 3

 No.699946

>>699945
>>699943
As Flaming is thrashed around by Panther 2, she grunts, trying to force her way out of its grip before Amy's fiery blast incinerates both it AND Panther 1, turning them both to smoke as she rubs at her throat, coughing to get fresh air. "T-thanks Amy! Saved our hides there!"

She turns around as she sees Panther 8 making a move on Kid Pryce, letting out a gasp as she speeds her way towards him, horns pushed out angrily, "Don't you DARE even think about attacking him, you big coward! Fight on someone your own size!!!"

[1d10+3] Angrily head-butting Panther 8 (All or Nothing)

Roll #1 10 + 3 = 13

 No.699947

>>699945
KP hesitates for a moment as the bird doesn't seem that interested.
>"Ha!, Should've stopped me from charging up, now you'll pay!"
He says, trying to sound intimidating as he builds up to fire another firework, one of those multi-burst ones but this time more at teh vulture to look more aggressive.
>Fireworks [1d10]

As he hears the panthator behind him, KP quickly drops to the ground, hoping it'll not see him.
>Dodge [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.699948

>>699945
Flow charges at P10 as it swipes its tail, and he tries dropping a hoof on it. Really hard. And he concentrates once more.
[1d10+5]+1
>IDoS
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 + 5 = 13 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.699949

>>699946
>>699945

"It's what I do…" Amy says weakly as she struggles to get back up.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.699950

>>699946
>>699947
>>699948
>>699949
Zophie whistles to Flow as she grabs P9, and throws it at him at the same time that he punches P10. The two monsters collide, their bodies breaking into smoke as they die on impact.

Flaming leaps up faster than Panther 8 did, and headbutts it up into the fireworks that KP makes to distract the vulture. The fireworks incinerate Panther 8, causing it to dissolve in a billow of smoke and gold that actually makes the fireworks more vibrant from their darkness. Meanwhile, Amy stands up, slightly leaning on LJ, who bends over to pick up Spitshine as well.

Unimpressed, the dark vulture raises its wing to attack KP, before Zjetya snatches up the stone tablet it was guarding, flying away with a triumphant cheer. The vulture lowers its wing, gazing upward before flapping its wings, lifting into the air once again.

 No.699951

>>699950
KP looks up from the ground as the panthator is knocked right into the firework, eye widening in awe at how it makes them look much bolder.
As the vulture raises it's wings, KP quickly covers his head with his hooves in fright of the attack. With Zjetya's cheer, he peeks out, then hops up triumphantly as she holds the tablet and the bird flies off.
>"Woohoo! Yea! We did it!"
KP cheers, scooping up Hopper back onto his head as he looks down to the others on the lower floor.
>>699949
>>699948
>>699946
>>699950
>"You guys alright?"

 No.699952

>>699950
>>699951

"Good job, Zeta!" Amy cheers happily. "One down…"

Amy pulls out a potion and drinks it. [1d10+3] Natural Remedy

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.699953

>>699951
Flaming grunts after her final punt puts the last Panther up into KP's fireworks show, nodding her head affirmatively as she looks around and sees that ALL of them have been reduced to nothing but smoke. She smiles, looking around the group as she stampedes in a small circle,

"WOHOOOOOOOO! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We won, we won!"

She looks up towards the vulture as it takes off into the air, looking to Zjetya happily as she gets the stone tablet. "You stole it from the god?! Amazing!"

>>699952
>>699951
Flaming looks to KP, smiling, "Of course *I'm* fine, what about you? That last one almost got you! You hurt anywhere?"

She looks around the battlegrounds, "Everyone! Pick up those little gold things they dropped too, those might be important!"

 No.699954

>>699950
Flow shakes his hoof as he looks around.
"Well that wasn't so hard, right?"
He picks up two of the gems that the panthers dropped.
"What the hell are these things?… Where's Observer when we need the bloke?"

>>699951
"Aye lad, that was great work from the lot of you," he looks around at the party.

 No.699955

>>699951
>>699953

"I think that's their eyes…" Amy says in reference to the gold things, a little grossed out.

"I wonder what they taste like…" she thinks out loud.

 No.699956

>>699952
You heal yourself to full, but some of your allies are still looking worse for wear, particularly Spitshine, who tugs on your leg with a greedy stare at the potions.

>>699951
Hopper holds up his foreleg for a few seconds. Roll perception.

>>699953
>>699952
>>699954
The bird flies off, appearing to be heading for the northern section of the temple complex.
Zjetya lands beside you, panting as her forehooves shake. "Hoooooooooooooooly shit!" she exclaims, looking at the stone tablet. On one side, you see normal, orderly hieroglyphs like those on the walls, and on the reverse, you see many foreleg hieroglyphs, suggesting these are the sealed body parts of those who failed to follow the rules.

>>699954
The gems glint with faint magical energy, and you get the feeling that they might be of some use if you can have them appraised.

 No.699957

>>699954
Flaming turns to look at Flow, "Flow! I saw you take out two of them by yourself… I think I owe you an apology, I didn't know you could hit so hard being so… er…" she coughs, "Uh, you know… gooey. But I was wrong!"

>>699955
She stares at Amy, "Amy, NO. You aren't eating those. And I think they're not something you eat anyways, they look like something magical."

 No.699958

>>699956
Flow flicks one up in the air and catches it before stowing two of them in his raincoat.
"Well, we still have some more pieces to collect. I doubt they'll be this easy to get though…"

>>699957
He chuckles.
"No harm no foul, lass. It ain't hard to punch, you just gotta swing hard enough. And fast enough."

 No.699959

>>699953
>"I'm perfectly fine. Told ya I wouldn't get hurt this fight."
KP says, holding a hoof to his chest proudly.
>"And yea, see we got this tablet and didn't even get that hurt or anything like that story."

>>699955
>"I don't think you can eat rocks…"

>>699956
>"Huh? What'cha got there Hopper?"
KP asks, looking at his little frog hand.
>Perception [1d10]

>>699956
>That was great Zjetya! We could probably do that for all these tablets!"

KP looks at the tablet, checking to make sure Blessings' is on there.
>"How long do you think they've been trapped, all of these ponies."
KP asks, a little quietly.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.699960

>>699959
>[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.699961

>>699958
>>699959
Everyone gathers around the stone tablet, and sees that Blessings' hoof is there, just as there are many hooves from other beings trapped there as well.
"No way to tell, but hopefully we'll put a stop to all of it," Zophie says. "Just make sure nobody breaks any more rules!"

>>699960
Pryce learned at a young age of a strange celebratory ritual performed by those races with hands, known as a "high five," curiously even by those who only have four fingers. It appears Hopper is offering this gesture to KP.

 No.699962

>>699956

Amy smiles at Spitshine. "Here you go," she says as she hands him a potion.

[1d10+3] for Natural Remedy

>>699957

Amy instantly lowers her ears and droops her head down in a sad, defensive stance up hearing that horrible word being said so aggressively toward her. "M-magical stuff can taste good too…" she mutters sadly.

>>699959

"That's true, rocks don't taste very good," she mutters quietly.

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.699963

>>699962
>>699961

However, Amy stops sulking as she realizes the horrible mistake she just made.

[1d3] Merryflower root

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.699964

>>699963
>>699961

"Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait!" Amy shouts in a panic before the bottle reaches Spitshine's lips.

"N-not that one…"

 No.699965

>>699963
You get a bad feeling about that potion and toss it, then hand him a clean one. "Ohthankthegods," Spitshine breathes quickly before chugging the potion.

 No.699966

>>699965

Amy blushes. "D-does EVERYone know…?"

 No.699967

>>699966
"Yyyyyyyyyyyyeahh… it was a subject of gossip behind your back," Zjetya says.
"I also knew because of the spiders on your ship," LJ adds. "However, unlike everyone else, I won't judge you for your life choices."

 No.699968

>>699961
>"I wonder if they'll help us out when we free them. Who knows the kind of ponies who are trapped in this."

>>699961
>"Ooh. Wow I didn't frogs knew this."
KP holds up his hoof to slap it to Hopper's hand for the 'high five'.
>"Yea, we did good little buddy."

>>699962
>Yea. But rock candy, that stuff is delicious."

 No.699969

>>699967

"Why is everyone talking-" Amy objects in a high pitched tone, blushing more.

"WAIT!" she suddenly squeaks in horrible realization, turning to LJ. "H-how do the spiders know…?"

 No.699970

>>699961
Flow rubs his chin in thought.
"Shouldn't be too hard. Unless that damn thing makes up a dumb rule, like… 'no using your front hooves' or anything like that."

>>699968
"I'm sure there's a healthy mix of treasure hunters and noble adventurers trapped in here. Let's just hope we don't meet any thieves among the bunch."

 No.699971

>>699956
>>699961
Flaming moves over to Zjetya as she cries out in exclamation, moving over to look at the many forelegs among the tablet she found. Her ears flatten, knowing one of them were likely Blessing's.

"Good job Zjetya… really good job! We're one step closer to saving her."

She looks towards the direction where the vulture flew off. "Alright everyone, there's no rules against healing ourselves and no time limit, let's make sure we're all set before chasing after that thing again."

>>699958
Flaming chuckles, "Still, all the same, I'm impressed! I won't doubt you any time soon again, I swear. That was some move."

>>699959
Flaming nods, "And hey, you were right! Good work. But, you knooooow," she whispers, "You really won't impress anyone unless you get a 'tiny' scar out of this, you know? May want to be just a little less careful too."

>>699962
Flaming's ears droop back as well in response to seeing her sister look so defeated. "Oh… I mean, YEAH! O-of course they can, I mean, I eat magical potions all the time, right? I'm just saying, hehe… maybe we should look at them first? Make sure they're safe to eat or not?"

>>699969
>>699967
Flaming can't help but stifle a bit of laughter as Spitshine narrowly dodges a bullet with Amy's latest potion. She starts giggling louder and louder, "N-no no, that one was fine, I'm sure… just give it a try… *snort*"

 No.699972

>>699968
"Let's hope we don't set anyone too evil free," Spitshine says now hat his injuries are healed. "Wouldn't that be ironic?"

>>699968
You recall that Volkama unlocked Hopper's magic potential a while back, and his rats exhibit an odd degree of intelligence, even for rats. This may be related to that.

>>699969
"Spiders are extremely observant, with their patron god trapped here on this earth," LJ explains. "They are his holy agents, his eyes and ears when he had none, just as Vortigern became his voice."

>>699970
"I can appreciate a challenge, but that rule would just be mean!" Zophie laughs.

>>699971
LJ knocks his horns against yours eagerly. "Agreed, let's get ready as quick as we can, I have to save my allies!"

>Paused, feel free to keep talking

 No.699973

>>699970
>"At least we'll have any bad guys outnumbered by us and however many good guys are in here too."

>>699971
>"Come on. A scar from being clumsy won't be cool."
KP says in jest to being less careful.

 No.699974

>>699973
"It's not a scar from being clumsy! It's a scar from engaging in ferocious combat and coming out it with proof of your courage! Sure, a scar from falling down the stairs isn't that good of a story but, it's a *start*."

 No.699975

>>699974
>"But if I let my guard down that won't be impressive either! I'm not supposed to just let a scar happen!"

 No.699976

>>699972

Amy's face is now pure red. She stares at LJ with shock and horror. She's not embarrassed by much, but some things should just be kept private!

"I-I don't think I'll ever feel safe again…"

>>699971

"He's a kid," Amy objects to Flaming insisting Spitshine drink the first potion.

"At least give him another year first!"

 No.699977

>>699971
Flow shrugs.
"Funnily enough, there was this one bloke I had to beat up with just my hooves just yesterday. Jerk kept on stealing my weapons, so I had to get my hands dirty. A true warrior can make do with anything, even with nothing."

>>699973
"That as well. It shouldn't be hard to kick the crap out of anyone without any of these dumb restrictions holding us back."

 No.699978

>>699975
Flaming is about to argue, but then pauses, thinking about her logic. "That… actually does make sense, yeah… it's not impressive if you MEANT to get it, just if it happens." She nods. "Well, alright then, *don't* try harder but, I'll keep hoping you find a scar sometime soon, Pryce!"

>>699976
Flaming sticks her tongue out at you, "I wasn't much older when you made *me* drink it!" She snickers, then sighs, "But, yeah… if you were wondering why I was saying Buiwong is the worst, that's a good reason why.

She gulps, "Oh, and… sorry for making you upset earlier. I just didn't wnat you to hurt yourself eating those eyes."

>>699977
"Oh yeah! You weren't around the Qilin village much yesterday. Where were you fighting this foe at? You didn't think to ask anyone for backup?"

 No.699979

>>699978
>"Hmm… Wouldn't a fighter so awesome that he never get's touched be cooler though? Not having scars can mean you're so gopd nopony else can ever even touch you!"

 No.699980

>>699978

"I didn't MAKE you!" Amy objects to the wording.

"I just- Death! Death to Buiwong! He- he's seen too much!"

 No.699981

>>699978
"Well, that's kinda secret. Let's just say I was in a little…secret arena for demons. You sign up, get in the ring, and have a good fight."

>>699979
"The boy has a point, I haven't a single scar on my body," he boasts, ignoring the stitches and patches adorning his faded raincoat.

 No.699982

>>699979
>>699981
"Yeah… OR it means that he's LYING about having been in so many battles. Having no scars might be impressive for combat but, scars are also 'proof' you've been in combat, they're evidence. Not having ANY would smell kind of funny."

She looks over at Flow, scrunching her muzzle. "You KNOW you can't get scars! And your coat's all torn up so that counts."

>>699980
Flaming chuckles, "FINALLY someone on the same page as me. Maybe you can help me convince Journey to get off of Buiwong's side for me, I've been trying for days with no luck."

Flaming frowns. "I wonder how much he DOES see…."

>>699981
"Oh! Was it back in Vitrol? Amy and I did something like that after the Metatron's attack but before we evacuated. Did you get any good prizes?"

 No.699983

>>699982
>>699981
>"Yea see, like Flow said. And all you'd need to do is fight a ton so ponies all over would talk about how awesome you were so that way nopony would know you're lying."

 No.699984

>>699982

"I don't know, maybe LJ's involved with Buiwong because he's into that sort of thing," Amy laughs.

 No.699985

>>699982
Flow looks at his gooey body and his raincoat.
"Oh yeah…" he says, almost genuinely surprised.

Flow puts a hoof on his chin.
"Uh…I don't think I got anything good. I don't remember."

>>699983
"Rumors are known to backfire from time to time though. I've had several bounties who relied on their reputation to survive, not so much their skills in combat."

 No.699986

>>699985
>"I'm not talking about those kind of ponies. I mean actual good fighters like you."

 No.699987

>>699983
"Then how do you know all those ponies talking about how awesome you are aren't lying too? Or that they weren't somehow tricked? Scars are real, physical proof you've seen combat, been hurt, and came back to tell the tale!"

>>699984
Flaming starts to laugh too, before she stops herself. "W-wait… into… *what* sort of things?" She blushes. "You don't think JOURNEY…?"

>>699985
"Well, is that where you met that goo pony Zophie? I don't think I've met Zophie before today. Or are they an old friend?"

 No.699988

>>699986
"Oh. Yeah, ponies with actual merit to their endeavors. Those are the real challenges to fight."

>>699987
"Yes, she's an old friend from before all this crap with demons happened. Met her by chance at the arena, same with ol' Gjenganger, that unicorn that was with us."

 No.699989

>>699987
>"Lying about how awesome you are?"
KP questions.
>"Well that's sorta what you want, at least for showponies. You want ponies to talk big about you so more ponies see you!"

 No.699990

>>699988
"Oh, she's an old friend too?! That's cool! I was so excited when I finally ran into Tantra again, I'm glad you guys could catch up."

She raises an eyebrow, "Renee isn't jealous, is she?"

>>699989
Flaming's eye twitches, "Is that sorta what you… no, that isn't what you want! You want to talk big but only if it's *real*! At least, that's what warriors did in my clan. Any fighter who was caught lying about their feats in battle was taught a lesson."

 No.699991

>>699990
>"But I'm not talking about you lying, I was talking about others lying. You can't really control them, but it helps they make you sound better cause it makes other ponies curious and want to see!"

 No.699992

>>699990
He shrugs.
"Don't see why she would be. I've never seen the lass like that, if I'll be honest."

 No.699993

>>699992
Flaming smiles and shakes her head, "No, I didn't think so either. I was just trying to be funny, Renee's nice. Have to say Zophie's pretty strong, I saw her take down a few of those panthers too."

>>699991
Flaming groans, "Well if they want to do that to make you sound better, that's fine, that's their thing. But what I was talking about was that having others boast for you isn't the same as having evidence on your body itself that speak stories for you. It's like, what do you ponies say… show, don't tell, you know?"

 No.700277

Last time on HQ…

Flaming 4/7
Flow 3/5
KP 5/5
Amy 7/5

The party cleared the first of the five trials of the temple of Slipper. They obtained the first of five stone tablets that they would need to complete the mural in the temple's entrance, where Blessings and so many others were trapped by the temple's magic after breaking one of the many rules. The giant vulture-like bird that governed the temple flew from the western to the northern wing, implying the next stage awaited the party there.

The geomancers of Zha Arlakane meanwhile began the geomancy ritual that would construct another magatama. How long this would take is unknown, but the other branch of the party was able to get a good look at the ritual from the room's entryway.

Post sheets with your response.

>KP

"Let's hope we don't set anyone too evil free," Spitshine says now hat his injuries are healed. "Wouldn't that be ironic?"

You recall that Volkama unlocked Hopper's magic potential a while back, and his rats exhibit an odd degree of intelligence, even for rats. This may be related to that.

>Amy

"Spiders are extremely observant, with their patron god trapped here on this earth," LJ explains. "They are his holy agents, his eyes and ears when he had none, just as Vortigern became his voice."

>Flow

"I can appreciate a challenge, but that rule would just be mean!" Zophie laughs.

>Flaming

LJ knocks his horns against yours eagerly. "Agreed, let's get ready as quick as we can, I have to save my allies!"

>Pryce

"I did like you a good amount prior to all of this," River admits sheepishly. "However, I was very reluctant to act on my feelings… for obvious reasons."

>Vice, Trapper, Shei, Pryce

Behind Novelus, in the workshop, you see the geomancers preparing an elaborate ritual, spreading salt and mercury into the shape of an octagram, and beginning an intricate chant, as incense begins to seep out of special ornate urns placed at the corners of the room.

 No.700278

https://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM

>>700277
>"I don't think they'd be too evil, I did see any monsters in there or anyone too weird looking."

>>700277
"I feel a bit dense now, if I was the last one to pick up on it."
Pryce says with a slight awkward chuckle.

 No.700279

>>700277

Amy stands there with her mouth hanging open in shock. "Wh-why would they need to watch THAT?" she stammers, her face still red.

>>699987

"You found yourself a real weirdo," Amy says in a genuinely congratulatory tone. "Good job."

 No.700280

File: 1533692595540.jpg (70.54 KB, 300x225, do it sheiggot.jpg)

>>700277
https://pastebin.com/p1dtY3qj

As Journey bumps his horns against hers, Flaming grins widely, knocking back a bit as though in a challenge as she wanders over towards Amy. "Don't worry Journey, we'll save everyone… on… that… wall…"

She pauses, remembering the sheer number of victims. "You know… I wonder, if we succeed… do you think all those victims might be willing to help us for saving them?"

 No.700281

>>700279
Flaming grunts, "HEY!" She says defensively of her totally not boy-friend. "He's not any weirder than Shei is! Worshipping Buiwong is like, the ONE weird thing about him."

 No.700282

>>700281

"And spying on ponies in their private moments…"

 No.700283

>>700282
Flaming blushes, "Y-you don't know that he does that! Only that the spiders do, Little Journey wouldn't do that!"

 No.700284

>>700283

"Well he certainly KNEW about what I do," Amy mutters indignantly.

 No.700285

>>700277
https://pastebin.com/YJFusUgn

Shei-Sher leans into mocha's ear "Should circumstances come down to it. How comfortable would you be aiding in a heist. Your dark corridor would be critical to the effort."

Pupil senses Shei's curiosity and stretches from his pocket to get a look at the ritual.
[1d10] Can I appraise from here?

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.700286

>>700279
"Hey, hey, it's not like the spiders get a choice in the matter!" LJ protests, getting embarrassed himself. "Billions of them were scattered across the world when Buiwong was defeated by the cowardly Devas. Some are bound to end up in the… darkest… corners of the world. Wait. No. Bad choice of words. NOT like that."

>>700278
"You shouldn't assume that weird looking means evil," Zjetya lectures.

>>700280
"I don't know who all of those victims are," LJ says. "Many were probably treasure hunters and brigands, who only want to help themselves. Others may have stumbled in here by accident and will still be shaken up. We'd have to ask them."

>>700285
"I'm not going to risk angering the king when he's been so kind to me!" Mocha whispers back. "And don't ask for my power when you still haven't cleared my condition for teaching you the power in the first place."

You are unfamiliar with geomancy, but recognize the trappings of occultic ceremonialism when you see it. The incense blends are of high quality from many corners of the world, and are favorites of crystal pony ritualists. The eight-pointed star diagram is made with exquisite black-red ink and salt, and rare gemstones are put at each corner - jade, amethyst, ruby, diamond, onyx, opal, sapphire and seraphinite. The conductors, all male, are positioned at the corners, and the one at the center, the head geomancer, touches his forehead to the ground, rises, and begins a chant, which the others pick up in rhythm.

>>700284
>>700283
>>700278
>Flow

The mysterious voice from earlier flows into your minds, just as it did when it announced the first rule.

The first rule is void, now that the first test is done. The second rule is thus: Attacking the enemy from the front has been forbidden.

>Holding off for this week on account of absences

 No.700423

https://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM

>>700286
>"I don't mean weird weird, I meant like demon-looking weird or obvious monsters."
KP corrects.

>>700286
>"No attacking from the front? That doesn't sound very nice."

 No.700424

>>700286
https://pastebin.com/p1dtY3qj

Flaming nods to LJ. "Well, we should. They'd probably be indebted to us for saving them, and Fantasia could use the extra muscle."

>>700286
>>700423
As the voice speaks once more, Flaming looks up and listens, letting out a sigh of relief. "Great, we can use items again… but no attacking from the front?!" She cringes, "Does that mean we can only attack from behind? But that's the coward's method!"

She turns to KP, nodding, "Yeah, I agree… but, we both know what'll happen if we break the rules. I don't like it, but we have to listen to it."

 No.700425

>>700423
>>700424
"Being 'nice' or 'fair' doesn't mean anything in a fight," Zophie says. "Unless you're in a duel or something, the only thing that matters is coming out alive. This place is coming across as more and more of a training grounds, in my opinion. If the Sons of God really fought with incredibly powerful demons like I've heard, they probably had to use these kinds of 'unfair' tactics and tricks or get splattered against the rocks."

 No.700426

>>700425
Flaming growls, lowering her head. "I guess that's true… but it still feels wrong. A real warrior shouldn't have to defeat his opponent through cheap tricks, but by charging right through them head on. It's how the truly strong fight their battles." She looks around the arena, "I agree, with these 'rules' especially, it's like this bird god is just… 'testing' us. Those statues did mention some kind of game. I guess with the sort of odds they had to deal with in the past, they had to prepare for weird situations."

 No.700427

>>700426
Zophie shrugs. "I find that approach boring, but what do I know, I'm an assassin."

 No.700428

>>700286
Shei speaks again in hush tone to Mocha
"Consider the idea at least. I shouldn't have to mention mine and my friend's lives hang on the level of preparations we make during these last days. Furthermore, I decided shortly after you issued me the condition that I was not going to pursue it. The idea of asking someone if I'm a good person with a reward in mind is terribly disingenuous. But if you won't budge on the matter then I will have no choice than to budge myself."

 No.700429

>>700286
https://pastebin.com/R0AXr1UU

Flow groans.
"Well, at least this one won't be too difficult to get around."
He looks down at the Inheritance.
"Although I'd hate to rob those two of their fun."

 No.700430

>>700428
"I'm telling you it isn't worth it," Mocha warns. "There's got to be some other way to get through to the king and not stick your nose into trouble you don't need!"

>>700429
>>700428
>>700423
The ritual continues in the background, and a second team of geomancers, all priestesses, come in to stand beside the priests, and the energy circulating around the stone table intensifies, swirling around in a clockwise manner.

Novelus watches the ritual quietly, deep in contemplation with glances at Shei.

 No.700431

>>700424
>>700423
>>700286

https://pastebin.com/YDkk2S1r

"Huh…" Amy wonders out loud. "I wonder if that means the enemy also has to attack from behind…?"

 No.700432

>>700430
"I haven't entirely disregarded convincing King Lininias. I am putting my options into consideration however."

Shei-Sher mentions to Novelus. "Novelus, wish not to disturb their ritual but when the geomancers are finished would you please announce our presence so we may proceed into the room?"

"Also, I want to choose my words carefully the next time I speak with your father. If I could conjure him acres of vegetation for his own people to own and look after would this be of any interest to him? Or is he too steeped in the considerations of Ecclessia."

 No.700433

>>700427
>>700431
Flaming looks to Amy, pondering. "That's a good question. The creatures we were fighting just now didn't use any items… but I don't know if that means they had to follow the rules too or not. I guess we'll find out when we reach the next challenge."

She turns around to everyone, nodding in the direction the bird flew off to. "If we're all done licking our wounds, let's get after him!"

 No.700434

>>700425
>"It means plenty in a fight! How can you feel like you had a good match if you had to be cheap to do it!"

>>700424
>"I know. Though we can always just not attack and get that next tablet super fast, so that way we won't break the rule and we'll get a new one!"

>>700431
>"That'll be great if they do, cause then we could all stand in a circle so they would only be able to attack our fronts!"



>>700430
Pryce watches on to the ritual silently as to not disturb it.

 No.700435

>>700430
Vice and Trapper both sigh.
>>"Doesn't seem too exciting, eh?"
>"Patience is a virtue, dear Trapper. One that I know you have very little of," Vice remarks.
>>"…d'ya think we could've avoided all of this?"
>"Very much so, although we were short-sighted at the time. Flow knows it, and I'm sure they know as well. In all honesty, I try not to dwell on it much."
The goo clone grimaces and remains silent.

 No.700436

>>700434

"But then we'd only be able to attack THEIR fronts…"

 No.700437

>>700431
>>700433
>>700434
"Flaming's probably right," Spitshine says. "After all, the enemies that attacked us just a minute ago didn't have any weapons, and we couldn't use ours either."
"In any case, shall we get going?" Zophie asks.

You head back from the western room of the temple, back to the hub area. Behind the large cube mural in the middle of the vast room, you see a long corridor, which is very dark, and you do not see the end of it.

>If you want to head inside, roll perception at -2 unless you have a light source.


>>700432
"The Ecclesian exoduses from the kingdom are already alleviating the struggles that were placed on our farms," Novelus says. "Right now, the major concerns have shifted back to the threat of external attack and internal subterfuge from demon tamers and traitors. We already had an attempt on the King's life when Pausanias tried to poison him with JOY, and small instances of demon appearances have taken place in the city. I'd appeal to those worries, if I were you. I'd speak on your behalf, but I am… sympathetic to his concerns."

>>700435
>>700434
>>700432
The ritual continues for about 30 minutes, until a great plume of smoke flows from the table and spreads through the room, and an electric crackling is heard. A pair of interlocking gemstone magatama now lay on the table. The head geomancers take the stone on a posh velvet pillow and present it to the king.

As the ritual concludes, Novelus trots into the room with an air of authority, gesturing for you to follow him. The king glances over as Novelus enters, eyebrow arched.

 No.700438

>>700436
>"But they can't attack us, so that means we won't need to attack them cause we can just walk right up to the bird and take this next tablet."

 No.700439

>>700437

"Well, if they can't see me, then they can't sneak up on me!" Amy says proudly as she simply walks into the tunnel away from the party. She seems to disappear from view entirely.

>Transparency for the first time ever to provide me a -1 DC to stealth!

[1d10] to stealth in the tunnel!

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.700440

>>700437
>"Yea! This one will be a lot easier, let's hurry on!"

When they reach the dark corridor, KP peers inside.
>"I bet they're gonna try to sneak up on us. Hopefully this isn't magic dark…"
KP comments as he focuses, horn giving a spark as it glows to light up the area around them so the others can see.
>Light [1d10]



>>700437
Pryce looks at the magatama as it forms, such a simple thing that holds away so much power.
as Novelus gestures for them to follow, Pryce does so.
"I am glad the ritual went off without any issue."

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.700441

>>700437
Flaming takes a moment to continue reading the inscriptions on the mural, wanting to see if any more clues await if she continues the story
[1d10] Reading

As they move past it into the dark corridor ahead, she shouts after Amy as she goes down the tunnel. "Amy, for the love of Vir-can, would you slow down?! If you spring another trap, I swear I'm not pulling your butt out of it!"

[1d10-2] Perception rolls

>>700440
"Darn it, you're right… we'll have to be very careful, I can't even see MY front right now, much less my enemy's."

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 10 - 2 = 8

 No.700442

>>700437
"Well that's excellent! You should have told me sooner. I will find these fiends and eliminate any threads they have to Zha Arlakane."

 No.700443

>>700437
Flow smirks.
"How funny, it'll be pretty hard to watch our backs without light. Even in a circle, we'd have to walk closely together…"
He looks around as he enters the tunnel, hooves already grasping his spear.
>perception
[1d10-2]


The two goos look at each other, and shrug before following Novelus.

Roll #1 6 - 2 = 4

 No.700444

>>700439
>>700440
Unable to see Amy, KP walks right into her side, with his horn poking her in between some of her ribs. The light from his horn briefly illuminates her transparent body, turning her into some kind of pony-shaped disco ball for a moment.

This causes her to briefly stumble, and as she tries to regain her footing, she steps on an elevated stone in the hallway floor – a trap! A panel above them slides open, and a pair of black slime monsters drop out onto them – bulbous, dome-shaped monsters with grotesque grimaces. They are very heavy, and the impact causes both of you to lose 1 Wound. The monsters, in a confused frenzy, snarl and flail around, wobbling like plates of jello.

>>700441
Before moving on, you stop to read more of the story on the massive stone cube with the mural.

Upon approaching the great pit that wound through the earth, the warrior and the princess are stopped by hordes of monsters, monsters who then swarm from the earth and bring terror upon the peoples of the world, led by a terrible ogre who was most fearsome of all. Distraught, the two seek the help of the vulture god who set the hero on his journey in the first place. The god sends them to a temple overseen by an ancient pony goddess, who offers them magic relics - a blessed sword, impenetrable garments, and a set of boots that will bring them home safely through the labyrinth. The goddess only offers these relics if they complete the trials of the temple.

The story on the cube ends there, but you feel there may be more to it.

>>700443
>>700441
As you proceed onward, your path ahead is briefly illuminated by KP's light turning Amy into a disco ball (see above). You see you've got about halfway to go before a light at the end of the tunnel can be seen, and there are more elevated tiles in the floor ahead.

>>700442
"Oh, all by yourself? Wow, I didn't know it was so easy," Novelus jokes. "What I mean is he's going to want to keep all of the ancient weapons as a deterrent to get them away from the kingdom. The only way I think you'll dissuade him is if you make it clear he won't need all of them… though bringing the heads of some demons will help with that."

>>700443
>>700442
>>700440
"I will be off to the vault, then," King Lininas says. "Make yourselves comfortable and do as you like until I return. I trust Novelus civilized the lot of you while you were journeying with him."

He then departs with his guard through the far doorway, taking the magatama with him. Meanwhile, a few of the geomancers clear the table of the ritual materials, while others start to lounge about, chit-chat and arm wrestle.

 No.700445

>KP 5/4

>>700444
>"Wha?"
KP says as he stops from bumping into Amy.
>"Whooooaaaa…"
He says in awe as she glows like a giant disco ball, too amazed to notice her stumble into a trap and to see the slime creatures.
KP's shout is cut off as the slime lands on him, the little colt flailng as he tries to get out from under the goop, or at least roll off so it would technically be on his front instead of his back to see if the rule removes it for him.
>Escape [1d10]



>>700444
Pryce says nothing, feeling a little insulted as the King implies they are uncivilized.

"Since there's nothing more we can do with the vault for now, is there anything we can do to help around here Novelus? I'd hate to just sit around after hearing there's still troubles."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.700446

>>700444
Flaming walks blindly about in the darkness as they head into the hall, but her eyes are suddenly blasted by the light of KP's magic shining through Amy like bright orb. "AGGH! Okay, now that's almost too bright… Amy, Pryce, you two can DO that?"

As she marvels at the brilliantly shining Amy, she looks up above in shock as the slime monsters drop down from above, "OH NO!" She shouts, too late to get Amy and Pryce out of the way. She looks at the warbling, jello like monsters in frustration, before racing to go to the back-side of one (IF it is obviously going by the face). "Little hard to tell where the back is on these things, but I'm pretty sure this is it!" She says as she tries to make an attack on its back
[1d10+3] All or nothing

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.700447

>>700444
"Well that's mighty convenient, I never knew Amy was a lantern," Flow jokes.
He brandishes the spear, and jabs at one while its back is turned.
[1d10+3]

Both Vice and Trapper barely manage to stifle a giggle at the king's words.
>"I do suppose I've been acting fairly uncivilized of late, I guess you've been rubbing off on me," he addresses Trapper.
>>"Eh. I'd rather old' me tongue than say anythin' about that."

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.700448

>>700447
jab #2
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.700449

>>700444
>>700445
>>700446

"OW!" Amy yelps as the slimes fall on them.

"That was NOT on purpose," she says grumpily as she rubs her own side where she was poked. "Let's not try to fight those guys. I don't know which was is front," she says, referring to the slimes.

She then throws a potion over her shoulder which magically homes in on KP's mouth.

[1d10+3] Natural Remedy

Roll #1 2 + 3 = 5

 No.700450

>>700449
>>700445

"No wait!" she shouts quickly, taking the potion back.

[1d3] Merryflower Root

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.700451

>>700445
KP rolls Slime 1 off his back and onto the ground.

>>700445
>>700447
>>700448
>>700446
>>700449
Flow cuts both slimes into pieces, each of which sprouts its own face and starts to slither away in fear, making little screeching noises. Amy heals KP's wounds. Flaming, unable to see much further in the dark, slips on some residual slime left over from one of the fleeing slimes and lands onto another raised tile. However, instead of another slime, a powerful shock comes from the tile, sending electricity searing through her body. You see an enchanted rune on the tile, glowing faintly.

>Flaming loses 1 Wound


Zophie growls, annoyed with the myriad traps in the area. "Everybody slow down and feel out the path ahead with a stick or something, we're almost through!"

>>700445
>>700447
"There is word going around of an underground fight ring going on in Zha, with demons, owned by tamers, as participants," Novelus says. "However, there haven't been any demon sightings in the polis recently. My father believes that these fights might be going on with the assistance of some members of the royal guard, which would explain why they haven't yet been found out. We could use someone to investigate that and ensure that it's either untrue or that, if they are true, things are controlled enough there that the fights won't result in a demon breakout in the polis."

 No.700452

>>700444
"Hah, I have tangled with far greater threats. Before I arrived in Zha Arlakane I was engaged with a chariot class angel. Why I even held my own against her by myself for a brief while. It is the reason you see Chorazin with us."

>>700444
Shei enters the room then and greets Doctor Galton "Salutations Doctor Galton, My comrades and I are to thank for this ritual being possible. We have plans to venture down into Tartarus, maybe you have heard and I haven't given up persuading King Lininias to share his treasures with us. I heard there are malevolent actors in Fantasia and that Pausininas had conspired against the crown with poison. I am thinking I should bring his friend's heads to King Lininias as another gift. Pausinias included if he managed to flee his debacle."

 No.700453

>>700452
Chorazin elbows you in the rib. "You had every advantage in the book working in your favor, don't forget that," she says with a joking tone, but the slightest pinch of annoyance.
Novelus rolls his eyes.

>>700452
"Oh, there is no need," Galton says with a laugh. "Novelus and Lininas have already scheduled Pausanias' public crucifixion for his attempted betrayal. He is currently in jail, more dead than alive as it is."

 No.700454

>KP 5/5

>>700449
>>700450
KP looks up in surprise as the potion lands on his face, drinking it down.
>"You know Amy I think we have some markers or something on the ship if you need to label these."
He says casually after being healed.

>>700451
KP sits up after he pushes the slime off, quickly checking on Hopper to make sure his frog is ok.
>"At least its better than those panthers, just a little sore rather than all scratched up."
KP tries to light his horn again, keeping an eye on Amy first to remember where she is so he doesn't walk into her again.
>Light [1d10]



>>700451
"A fight ring? Why would they set up demons inside a city?"
Pryce says, astonished and slightly repulsed after the kind of scenery the arena back in Mariposa had.
"I'm… not to keen on fighting, but I can help investigate this place for you."

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.700455

>>700451
>>700454

"Why would I need those?" Amy asks unironically as she slowly makes progress through the dark hallway.

[1d10-2] for perception

Roll #1 2 - 2 = 0

 No.700456

>>700447
"Er.. fapper and lice? Sorry, I have a hazy memory for your names, we hardly talk. Were you and Flow not just at an underground fighting pit recently?"

 No.700457

File: 1534305423773.jpg (76.08 KB, 300x300, shorthorns guard point.jpg)

>>700451
Flaming lets out a grunt as she slips on the goo-trail left by the slime monsters, before the buffalo finds herself sliding into another trap as she hears the 'click' of the tile being pressed down.
"Oh n-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTT!"

She lets out a cry of pain as she's electrocuted, smoking emanating from her body as she stumbles past the tile, her coat now extremely poofy and puffed up as the static electricity fills it to the brim and makes it stand on end. She shakes her head, trying to work her way through the temporary paralysis as she moves off the tile.

"I-I meant to do that… was just… keeping Amy and Pryce from falling into ANOTHER trap…"
[1d10-2] Perception

Roll #1 8 - 2 = 6

 No.700458

>>700455
>"Cause you're always seem to panic and second guess yourself when you hand out these potions. If you marked them you wouldn't need to."

 No.700459

>>700457
>"Are you alright Flaming?"
KP says concerned, before snickering as he looks back at her.

 No.700460

>>700458

"Yeah, but I get it right eventually," Amy says, satisfied with herself.

>>700457

Amy giggles as she pokes Flaming's poofy coat and presumably gets little tickly zaps.

 No.700461

>>700459
>>700460
Flaming growls as she hears Kid Pryce's snickering, begrudgingly ignoring Amy's pokes. "I-I'm FINE, thanks. Barely felt it, you two should be more careful!"

As Amy pokes her and gets little zaps, she turns on a heel, "Amy, stop poking me or I'm gonna give you a BIG hug right now! And I don't think this is one you'll like."

 No.700462

>>700451
Flow grimaces as the slimes split apart.
"Hmph…doesn't really show what this thing can do, now does it?"
He turns it around and starts tapping it on the ground to feel for any more traps.
[1d10]

The two goos avoid Novelus' gaze, and start conversing about survival in the woods.

>>700456
Both of them squint at Shei.
>"Sorry, our memory is just as hazy as yours," Vice says bluntly.
>>"And it's Vice and Trapper, ye gob!"

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.700463

>>700451
"hehehe" Shei laughs nervously as chorazin takes notice of his bragging "I did say a brief while. Of course I could not had faired it without your mariposan spirit and my wonderful girlfriend at my side."

>>700453
"Well that's good, it is one more errand off the list. Well you seem very busy I won't trouble you any longer. Should any news surface on the matter I would appreciate the notice. We are of a common web after all -er I mean thread." Shei-Sher smiles and ambles back to Novelus.

"Novelus, would you be able to take us to see Pausinias in his dungeon cell?"

 No.700464

>>700461
>"Sorry, but you look like a big animal plushie!"
KP says though his stifled chuckles.

 No.700465

>>700462
"Those are horrible names. Who would name someone a vice or a trap for that matter."

>>700454
>>700462
"I want to visit Pausinias in his dungeon cell. Apparently he had plans to assasinate the king and failed. He may have leads we can follow. I might take a dark corridor to Fantasia as well to as Easy Dosit and investigate Orcus's abode. If you wish to leave to the arena be my guest, but I'll need to some directions to the arena to rejoin you later."

 No.700466

>>700454
Hopper has turned one of his coins into a shield to protect himself from the slime, and appears just fine.

>>700455
>>700457
>>700454
>>700462
Flow guides the party safely ahead, but despite this, Amy steps on another raised tile. This one only results in more bats flying from above and crowding past her on their way to the other end of the hall - mildly annoying at worst as they cause her hair to fly into disarray. Some of those bats look vaguely familiar and they were certainly as angry as the bats in the temple's entryway.

LJ snickers at Flaming's puffball fur, poking at it alongside Amy to invoke the static electricity. "You're looking like a regular Sinking-Rain member already! Shall your new name by Lightning Shorthorns?"

You eventually reach the end of the hallway, and reach the threshold of another vast open-air arena, larger than the last one. At the far end, you see a golem, much like the ones you encountered by the river earlier. However, this one has a shield and a greataxe at its side, and instead of a head, the face of a great silver slime pokes out at the top.

On the left and right of the room are two sets of staircases heading back, indicating that there is a second level to the room that you can't see from your current angle.

At the far end of the room, just as last time, is the vulture creature, sitting with its talon protectively covering a tablet fragment.

>>700462
>>700456
"We were just there," Gjenganger whispers. "Actually, it's where I ran into Flow and his minions after an interminable time of separation. I can take you there if you want."

Galton winks knowingly.

"I could, but I wouldn't count on getting anything out of him," Novelus says. "He was subjected to some of the worst torture that Zha can offer. What do you intend to gain from this?"

>>700454
"Demon tamers have been reported to make a keen profit from organized arena violence," Novelus says. "Seeing demons rip each other apart by the command of tamers, instead of mortals, is a cathartic experience for many. To have a fighting arena hidden in a city terrorized by demons is no different than a baker setting up their shop on a crowded street."

 No.700467

>>700466
"Information. We can use force to shut down the arena if we like but the situation is not under control if we do not know who the organizers are. Namely the undetermined guards turning a blind eye and anyone else that might be key. If the torture was so severe that Pausinias is a broken body waiting for death he could be in a hypnogogic state and then I could project myself into his dreams. And if not perhaps Chorazin will be able to do something."

 No.700468

>>700465
>"Someone who uses grappling a lot. Supposedly."
>>"Who says we'd be at the bleedin arena? We aven't a coin t' bet nor the strength to enter, lad."

>>700466
Flow looks up at the golem and scratches his head.
"Well, if this thing has to follow the same rules as us, this'd be far too easy…"
He keeps his eyes on the golem as he starts making his way towards the set of stairs on the left.

Both of the goos shoot Gjen a dirty look and refrain from speaking any longer.

 No.700469

>>700467
"Mmm, very well, if you think you can get it out of him, I'll lead you there," Novelus says. "Come along."

 No.700470

>>700466
>"That's my frog!"
KP congratulates.

>>700466
KP looks up at the big golem, ooo-ing at the size of it.
>"This will be easy, we just have to stay looking at it and it won't be able to attack us!"
KP says proudly as he starts to walk along the wall towards the staircase, keeping his back to it while he keeps his gaze facing the statue.



>>700466
"Keeping demons around in any sense doesn't sit right with me. It just feels like trouble waiting to happen."

>>700465
"Are you sure this would be related to Orcus? He seems to be the type to do something like that himself, and we stopped him weeks ago."

 No.700471

>>700468
Gjenganger looks back in confusion. "Something the matter?"

 No.700472

>>700461

"There's no such thing as a hug I don't like!" Amy says, accepting the challenge.

>>700466

Once again, Amy subtly walks away from the group to disappear from view.

[1d10] stealth with Transparency

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.700473

>>700472
You fail to vanish.

 No.700474

>>700470
"I agree, but keeping the arena in check may be the best temporary solution we can muster until we can afford to expunge the lot of them," Novelus says. "Besides, keeping the arena around can give us ties to other demon tamers who might not be at the arena at the time of a raid by the guards."

 No.700475

>>700471
Vice leans in.
>"I figured we should be discreet about the arena," he whispers.
Trapper also leans in.
>>"After all, I doubt Flow'd appreciate the arena being shut down," he whispers as well.

 No.700476

>>700470
"Orcus mentioned Pausinias with his dieing breath. And Easy Doesit said he traded joy with Pausanias for food. It strikes me very peculiar that He would make an attempt on the king's life. Novelus would take the throne, what does he personally have to gain from it unless someone else put him up to the crime. That and he was friends with a demon. The arena is organized by demon tamers. It is a suspicion, I should address it while I am here."

 No.700477

>>700464
Flaming growls, "Oh, DO I?! Well, maybe you would like to look like this too, huh? I bet I can find another tile around here somewhere…" she teases, but in a pretty threatening tone.

>>700472
>>700462
Flaming follows closely behind Flow, not wanting to step on a single trap herself as she sticks close to the goo-pony. As LJ snickers at the puff-ball fur, she huffs, snorting smoke out of her nostrils as she turns to face the young buff. "Yeah, I know… if I look THIS fluffy, imagine what YOU would look like all shocked like this!" She spits, before he mentions that name. "Lightning Shorthorns…. actually doesn't have a bad ring to it, does it?"

After they reach the end of the hallway, she looks ahead at the golem on the other side of the arena, noting the odd look it has with the silver slime poking out at the top. She stares at the vulture once more, eying its tablet. "There's our next challenge… I guess we have to try and take down that golem but, what's with the slime on top of it?"

>>700472
Flaming grins, "Alright then! Take this, Lightning Shorthorns Hug special!" She shouts, before wrapping her hooves around Amy to give her the full static-cling touch.
[1d10] Shocking

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.700478

>>700468
"Well you two sure were useful. Perhaps you can put your brawn to use opening a lemonade stand."

 No.700479

>>700475
He shrugs. "I was originally on Ichimonji's orders to have the arena shut down in the first place. Orders are orders, lads."

 No.700480

>>700477

Amy returns the embrace with a smile. The zaps are like a mega-massage to her.

As she lets go, she twitches slightly. "That kinda hurt… but I didn't hate it. It was definitely a fun and different kind of hug."

>>700473

Then, Amy drinks a potion. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.700481

>>700469
"Thank you." He then tugs on Chorazin's sleeve "Chorazin, accompany me to the dungeon. I want to make a visit to Pausanias' jail cell before we leave the castle."

As they make the trip into the dungeon Shei inquires Novelus on Pausanias. "Novelus do you think it is odd Pausanias would make an attempt at your father's life? I do not know what he could have gained from it. You are his successor afterall."

 No.700482

>>700477
"If I had to bet, I'd say it controls the entire golem. Unless it's just for decoration."

>>700478
Vice has to put a hoof on Trapper's chest before he gets up.
>"We appreciate the business idea, but I think we're better off assisting Flow in his…endeavors."
>>"And aren't those bleedin things ment for little joeys like yerself, laddie?"

>>700479
The two goos look at each other, then back to Gjenganger.
>"Eh, I'm sure he'll understand."
>>"Yeah, the arena was jus' convenient fer sport anyways. I doubt the bloke'll be 'appy about it, but Flow'll get over it."

 No.700483

>>700468
>>700470
>>700477
>>700480
>Amy restores 1 wound and full Hits
>wait for the results of this roll [1d10+4]

Roll #1 7 + 4 = 11

 No.700484

>>700474
"Right, I suppose it's for the best for now. So what would need to be done, just find this arena and make sure it's secure for the time being?"

>>700476
"He did? I may have missed that when we were finishing him off. That's worrying if he had something to do with it all."

>>700477
>"Heh that would look pretty funny."

 No.700485

>>700482
"I am only saying if you goo familiars cannot fight without your better half than I fail to see why you are here. I would have remembered something smart ever coming out of either of you."

 No.700486

>>700482
>>700480
>>700477
>>700470
From the southern end of the room, a crackling of arcane energy is heard, and a rushing of water. From behind, each of you are struck with a magic bolt that drenches you in heavy, viscous water as the magic blast's shockwaves ripple through you.

>All except Flow lose 5 Hits


You turn back to see what happened, and behold a second giant slime-golem, this one gold, holding a large staff with a sapphire at the top. He's standing at the southern end of the room on a platform at the top of the staircase. (If it wasn't clear earlier, the stairs are heading south, while the silver golem and the vulture are on the north end)

>Water: Targets hit by a spell with the Water Elementalist tag suffer a greater critical failure range on the next turn (2- becomes 3-, and so on). This effect does not stack. This effect also applies if the target is knocked helpless by the spell.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OqGXfDpjZA

With that attack, the silver golem picks up its axe and shield, waiting to see what you will do next.

>>700484
"Speak with its leaders and offer a deal for negotiation. I will have to work out the exact details with my father, but we may be willing to offer their continued ability to live and breathe in exchange for their assurance that not a single demon or tamer will hurt Zha Arlakane, and that we will reserve the right to exterminate them should they fail in this bargain. Leave out the parts about us driving them out once we are able."

>>700481
Chorazin comes along with you, while the others stay.

"Interrogation revealed that his plans were set in motion while I was still away, traveling with you in Accorsia," Novelus explains. "I assume he believed had died during the six months' travel from there to Zha, and that if I hadn't, I would be in no condition to retake the throne."

Novelus leads you north through the city, into one of the city's jails. In a complex beneath the jail lay the putrid and dark dungeons. Novelus whistles casually as the guards escort you along, heading for its deepest levels.

 No.700487

>KP 0/4

>>700486
KP falls to the ground as the blast of water drenches him.
>"Th-There was a second one?"
He gasps as the air was knocked from him on impact.
>"Quick, let's all stand back to back!"
KP says, as he tries to stand back up.
>Recover [1d10]



>>700486
"Right. Do you have any leads or ideas on where I could find this arena, or is there anypony else that's already been on this job that I could talk to?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.700488

>>700484
Before Shei leaves he says "If you do leave to negotiate at the arena, please ask about the name Mfaniyabiashara. I want to know where to find him."

 No.700489

>>700486

Amy faces the Silver Golem and starts walking toward it curiously. She doesn't display any aggressive intentions.

 No.700490

>>700486
"Hmm over the span of 6 months his plans were taken out. And what of the actors in his conspiracy? Is it certain that they were all dealt with?"

 No.700491

>>700486
Flow cracks a smile as the second golem shows itself.
"Well well, seems like our second threat's shown up."
He looks up at the golden golem with a fierce gaze.
"We'll need to be careful, I'm certain they can attack us from our sides as well."

>>700489
"Oi lass, mind if I get yer back while we're here?"
He trails behind Amy as she walks towards the silver slime.

Both Vice and Trapper stay put.
>"I'm sure Flow's going to avoid this place like the plague from now on…"
>>"How do you figure?"
>"Well, if the arena's going to be monitored, I doubt he'll bother even showing up for sport," he grins, "Besides, he seemed more interested in the marks he could find there anyways. In fact, that's why we went there in the first place…"

 No.700492

>>700480
Flaming grins as she hears the shock zapping her sister, but looks disappointed when it doesn't deter her in the slightest. She lets out a little frown, letting go on her end as she lets out a sigh. "Great, it was 'fun'. I was trying to teach you a lesson about not laughing at electrified buffalo, but I guess I shouldn't have expected you to dislike ANY sort of hug." She sighs, "Well, I'm glad you liked it, at least."

>>700482
"I would bet on the former… that's pretty smart, using a stone golem so it doesn't have to fight directly."

>>700486
Flaming lets out a cry as she's struck with the bolt, before coughing up tons of water when the sensation of being absolutely drenched has passed. What was once a very poofy buffalo is now a very wet, drippy buffalo as her mane/fur falls limp, Flaming looking on angrily from beneath the locks covering her eyes. She stares directly at the magic golem, reaching to grab her Crown of Sanat to adorn her horns once more.

"Alright. The MAGE is mine, I call dibs." Flaming growls under her breath, her anger pushing her onwards to race towards the stairs leading up to the magic user. Before engaging him however, she tries to find a way to his backside in case of any trickery that'd make her break the rules
[1d10] Trying to get behind the Mage golem

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.700493

>>700488
"I shall."

 No.700494

>>700485
Vice grins.
>"It's simple. We convey what's happening to Flow when we get back. if anything, he's just making sure you lot don't get in trouble…not that he'll bother helping…" he says with a grimace.

 No.700495

>any rolls relating to maneuvering are instant and can be made before your action for the turn for the purposes of seeing if you'll be able to attack at all

>>700487
KP stumbles, exacerbating the sear from his injury.
>-1 Wound

>>700491
>>700489
As you take a few steps toward the silver slime, you hear a whirr as the golden slime's staff charges up energy. You suspect the only reason he hasn't yet fired is because Zophie and LJ are still standing close enough behind you and that they're facing the golden slime as they look around and assess the situation. Taking another step will put you in the line of fire.

>>700492
As you blitz up the stairs and flank the golden golem, it slowly tries to wheel around to face you to cover itself.

[1d10]

>>700487
Gjenganger steps in and taps your shoulder. "I know of the place," he whispers. "I am under orders to have it shut down, though I've much interest in that not happening for a while. Perhaps we can work something out."

>>700490
"Most of his 'co-conspirators' were unwitting pawns, those who had no knowledge of what was truly happening. Couriers, doctors, messengers, even food tasters – we don't believe any of them knowingly assisted, but they are awaiting trial nonetheless while inquisitors gather evidence."

At long last, you reach the bottom of the dungeon, at the cell furthest from the staircase leading up. Through the bars at the top of the iron-sealed door, you see a lone figure, chained up from the ceiling and to the floor with magic chains, beaten and without wool, his head hung low. You barely recognize him as a living being, let alone Pausanias, his body coated in deep scars and horrific bruises. He has no reaction to your presence.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.700496

>>700494
Shei irks out a mock laugh "Eheheheh very funny. I was only giving you a difficult time, I am sure Flow keeps you both for a reason. I'll convene at the arena once I am done with my end. Be safe."

[can we assume flow and vice gives shei directions to the arena before they leave]

 No.700497

>>700494
>>700489
>>700495
>Correction

Flow is covering Amy's back along with Zophie and LJ, keeping the golden slime from being able to shoot at her.

 No.700498

>KP 0/3

>>700495
KP tries to keep a strong face as he's too injured to rise, though it's not working out to great. He groans as he tries to stand up, trying o not think about the pain.
>Recover [1d10]



>>700495
"Good, it's reassuring to hear more than one source wanting the place closed. Lead the way."
Pryce says, going to follow Gjenganger.
"Would you like to come along River, or would you prefer to say here at the palace?"
He asks

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.700499

>>700495
He keeps his spear pointed at the golden slime, and makes sure his back is covered by Amy.
"Oi lass, I hope ye've got a plan of some sort. Cause I'd like to at least know why we're moving /away/ from the one who can hit us from across the room."

>>700496
[Yes ma'am]
Trapper glares at Shei as he leaves.
>>"Are we really that useless?"
Vice chuckles in response.
>"You mean in a philosophical sense, or a utilitarian one."
Trapper shakes his head.
>>"Never mind, yer using big words."

 No.700500

>>700495

Amy spins around like a dog chasing its tail to look at the two slime golems. She realizes the deviousness of the trap they are in. The ranged one being up high and in the opposite direction means that someone standing directly behind you isn't really enough. It'll just shoot over them.

Then, a funny idea comes to her.

"Hey, Zeta," Amy says with a grin. "How would you feel about taking a hit for the team? I promise I'll heal you."

 No.700501

>>700495
"Hum.. This might not actually lead anywhere. We are already here so I may as well see what I can learn."

Shei approaches the cell to witness Pausanias' sorry state. "About as tragic as I expected. Well Chorazin, he doesn't appear to have the energy to be very lucid. I planned to investigate his dreams via projection. What do you think? I'm always open to a better plan."

 No.700502

>>700501
>>700495
If Chorazin doesn't have any suggestions then here is my astral projection roll for investigating Pausanias' dreams.
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.700503

>>700495
Flaming grins as she manages to pace herself in a good position around the mage Golem, noticing it hasn't caught up to face her head-on as she prepares one of her trade-mark headbutts. "THIS is what you get for attacking me and my friends!" She shouts, shooting up to ram head on into the Mage Golem, and attempting to send it toppling over to fall down the stair-case
[1d10+3] All or nothing
[1d10] Mantra of Recovery

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.700504

>>700495
Both Vice and Trapper get up from their seats and head for the exit.
>>"So what's up? Got anywhere in mind?"
>"I juts figured it'd be good to get some fresh air."
>>"…We don't need-"
>"Just…shut it. Let's just wander around.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.700505

>>700498
KP gets up.

>>700500
>>700499
"…How strong was that hit you took earlier?" Zjetya asks, trying to swerve from left to right to keep both golems in her line of sight.

>>700498
"I'll come along," River says. "I had a decent enough time during the Splatterrock right, I should fit right in at this arena."

You recall that during that fight, River nearly went into a frenzy with the joy of battle. Kind of a wild streak, frankly.

Gjenganger nods and leads the way out the palace, followed by Busta. "It's going to be a long walk, as it's quite far," Gjenganger says. "So, why don't you tell me a bit about yourselves?"

>>700501
You project your spirit into his mind. When your vision clears, you are in a hazy and disorderly space, with colors and shapes vaguely moving behind thick curtains of fog. Pausanias himself is here, laying prone and semi-conscious on the ground in the foggy void, occasionally twitching with the faintest signs of life.

>>700503
You smash into the golden slime's golem body, but the creature towers above you, and it is incredibly sturdy, and you hardly manage to make it move. You recover 4 Hits, but the goldem slime tries to strike you down with the butt of its staff.
[1d10+3]

>>700504
After inviting Mocha and Box to come along, Vice and Trapper decide to wander around the city. After a fair bit of wandering the busy streets, you come across a young mare wandering around attempting to ask random passerby for help. However, the passerby refuse to help her, going on their way without more than a few words.

Roll #1 2 + 3 = 5

 No.700506

>>700505
Flaming grunts as her head-butt does little to move the massive golem, the buffalo staring up in surprise as it stands resolute despite a powerful blow to the back. "WOAH… okay, you're a little hardier than I thought you'd be…" she says in dismay as she tries to avoid it's downward swing, trying to think of a new plan. "Think… think… HEY!!!"

She shouts down below to the others at the bottom of the stair-case, her horns glowing white in divine protection. "Spitshine, Journey, anyone down there bring any rope!!!?"
>Prayer for Salvation: Automatic, target Flaming

 No.700507

>>700505
Flow grins.
"I didn't get hit, lass," he brags.
He's starting to get nervous at the apparent stalemate the party's reaching.
He looks up at Flaming fighting the golden golem with a fierce gaze.
"I really hope your plan works, Amy, whatever it is."

Vice and Trapper both look to each other and nod before approaching the mare.
>"Do you require assistance, miss?"
Trapper does some quick thinking as Vice talks to the mare.
>>"…oi Box, y'got any weapons we can use? Flow took all of his with him…cheeky prick…"

 No.700508

>>700505
Shei-Sher clasps his hooves together and spills his aura out. He moves slowly, performing a flowing yogic dance. Working the qi of Pausanias memories to reveal information.
[1d10+1] qi working and/or PHASE AURA

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.700509

>>700505
KP stands up, wobbling a little bit. He shakes off the water to dry off a bit, feeling a bit upset at the cheap shot.

>>700505
>>700500
>"Wait, wait, I got an idea! Quick, let's get into groups! If we all piggyback, they can't hit us since we're right on each other! I think we're even enough size and strength wise that this should work!"


>>700505
"Right, I remember that. Er, sorry by the way, when I hit you out that one time there."
Pryce says as he remembers back then.

"That's fine, gives us time to think out how to negotiate."
Pryce says as they follow.
"There isn't much to say about myself. I used to be a Knight for the church before the Rapture, and how we've been drifting around almost trying to help things out."

 No.700510

>>700505

"It wasn't that bad," Amy says, waving a dismissive hoof. "Didn't even knock me down!"

"If you can take a hit in the front from an attack from that magic slime guy, that'd be awesome!"

 No.700511

>>700506
You activate your protection spell, and manage to leap away from the heavy stone staff as it obliterates the tile where you were just standing. Undeterred, the slime strikes again, stabbing at you with the butt of its staff.

[1d10+3]

>>700507
"My pet appears to have gone missing, and whatever I do, I can't seem to find it," the mare says. "Will you help me look for him?"

>>700508
You feel your connection to his mind drift and blur as more fog enters the void, making you feel like one about to wake from a lucid dream.

>>700509
"Don't be sorry!" River says, slapping your elbow lightly. "It was a great time, I'd have been annoyed if you weren't really trying to win."

"And I'm a wandering doctor," River says. She offers a summary of your journey to Gjenganger, briefly covering the Starchart Plains, Lilane, and what happened in Mariposa, but notably leaves out everything from Fantasia and before that.

Gjenganger nods. "I'm also a medic and a mercenary. My path just happens to cross with Ecclesia's for now," he says, saying remarkably little about himself.

>>700510
Zjetya appears to be mulling it over… and then flies at the golden golem.

>Paused


Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.701485

S H E E T S
H
E
E
T
S

 No.701486

File: 1536459334065.png (66.03 KB, 800x600, 1491782781104.png)


 No.701487

File: 1536459627708.jpg (58.93 KB, 630x354, 1299981_630x354.jpg)


 No.701488


 No.701489


 No.701490

>Amy 2/5
>Flow 3/5
>Flaming 7/6
>KP 5/3
>All else at full

A short recap:

Amy, Flow, Flaming and KP are in the ruins of the great temple of Slipper alongside their entourage consisting of LJ, Zjetya, Zophie, Spitshine and Blessings, as well as Sugar and Tantra who are currently guarding their cart. Seeking the great powers and relics of the Sons of God before their descent into Tartarus, they are braving a set of trials imposed by the temple's guardian, a black vulture like monster that has been implied to be some kind of divine beast.

The current rule in this situation is that they cannot attack their enemy from the front. It seems that their foes, a pair of golems controlled by a silver and a gold slime, must abide by the same rule. They know that the consequences for breaking the rule consist of being turned into hieroglyphs and being embedded in a wall of the temple.

Meanwhile, Shei, Pryce, Trapper and Vice, along with their entourage of Chorazin, Mocha, Busta, River, Box and Gjenganger, have been trying to get King Lininas to yield some of the superweapons contained in the vault beneath Zha Arlakane. The king has so far refused, but has decided to go down to the vault to inspect it.

The party then split up to go do various things. Pryce is to inspect an underground fighter's ring run by demon tamers. Vice and Trapper are being asked by a mare to find her lost pet. Shei is hanging out with Dania for the moment.

 No.701491

>>701486
You activate your protection spell, and manage to leap away from the heavy stone staff as it obliterates the tile where you were just standing. Undeterred, the slime strikes again, stabbing at you with the butt of its staff.

[1d10+3: 10]

>>701487
>Correction - you went to the dungeon to go interrogate the half-conscious Pausanias with Chorazin
You feel your connection to his mind drift and blur as more fog enters the void, making you feel like one about to wake from a lucid dream.

>>701488
"Don't be sorry!" River says, slapping your elbow lightly. "It was a great time, I'd have been annoyed if you weren't really trying to win."

"And I'm a wandering doctor," River says. She offers a summary of your journey to Gjenganger, briefly covering the Starchart Plains, Lilane, and what happened in Mariposa, but notably leaves out everything from Fantasia and before that.

Gjenganger nods. "I'm also a medic and a mercenary. My path just happens to cross with Ecclesia's for now," he says, saying remarkably little about himself.

>Amy

>>701489
>>701488
You are bunched up in a group in the center of the room, in a circle so that some members face the silver slime ahead of you (to the north) and that others face the golden slime which is behind you on a ledge (to the south). You know that the golden one can cast magic from a distance, so at a certain point, it'll be able to strike you with a spell thanks to the angle.
Zjetya appears to be mulling over Amy's proposal… and then flies at the golden golem. [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.701492

>>701491
Shei-Sher starts spinning around in place to stabilize his hold. A nifty trick most lucid dreamers will know.

He then begins to weave and move again to the flow of the Qi, attempting to let his mind drift into the memories of Pausannias.

>PHASE AURA: Your body sheds light in a small radius of 5 meters, in a color you choose when you learn this skill. All creatures in this range cannot turn invisible or become hidden, creatures already hidden or invisible are made clear, and incorporeal beings and lingering magical effects and wards manifest a visible shape. Effect persists roll minus five turns (six lasts one, seven lasts two, etc.)

[1d10+1] qi working to reveal memories

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.701493

>>701491
https://pastebin.com/PMAVN9ZX

"You can do it! Get hit!" Amy cheers on Zjetya encouragingly.

[1d10] for cheering!

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.701494

>>701491
"So it seems we're all the same just about."
Pryce muses as they all introduce themselves.
"Is there anything we should expect at this arena?"
He asks Gjenganger.


>>701491
KP looks up as Zjetya goes to fly at the golem, worried.
>"Spitshine, help cover me!"
He shouts to Spitshine as he runs for the staircase.
>Run (If needed) [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.701495

>>701493
>"We shouldn't be getting hit at all!"
KP scolds.

 No.701496

>>701491
Flow grits his gooey teeth and stays put.

>>701493
"Are you trying to get her killed?!" a very agitated Flow asks.

 No.701497

>>701496
>>701495

"We've already been hit once, she'll be fiiiine. And, once she's hit, then it can't hit us anymore."

"Really, if you don't want it to be her, there's someone else here who can fly, you know…" Amy adds with a disgruntled tone, looking to Pryce.

 No.701498

>>701491
Flaming looks up at the statue as he prepares to stab down at her with the butt of its staff once more, and she grunts, trying to dodge out of the way once more as she figures out another strategy for coping with them
[1d10] Dodging

She runs down the stairs back towards the others as she does so, "These things are touch! I was able to hit one from behind, but it barely moved! I was thinking about putting a rope around them and pulling, do you think that'd break the rules?"

As Zjetya flies up towards the gold golem, she looks up and stares. "What's Zjetya doing?"

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.701499

>>701498

"If she gets hit from the front, then the statues will have to go away. Then, there's no problem anymore!"

 No.701500

>>700511
>"It would be our pleasure," Vice politely says.
>"What kind of pet do you have?"
Trapper on the other hand, starts grumbling to himself as Vice talks to the mare.

 No.701501

>>701492
As Pausanias' mind slips further and further into the depths of dreamless unsconsciousness, weakened by the severe torture, your mind is ejected from his, and you find yourself back in the jail's corridor. Chorazin glances down as you wake back up in your own body. "That was fast. I imagine it was unsuccessful then?"

>>701494
"Plenty of demon tamers, plenty of demons, plenty of hunters, including Ecclesians. People are coming there to blow off steam and spend some money - whether on weapons, drinks, gambling or even captive demons. You would think that they would want a respite from violence, but having it in a semi-controlled environment seems to be keeping it stable."

"Which is, of course, the issue," River adds. "If that environment is destabilized, wouldn't it just get worse?"

"Yes…"

As you reach the far end of town, you enter a complex of caves used by miners, following Gjenganger through the winding tunnels. Eventually you reach a juncture, at which you see a shrine. Gjenganger places a few coins into an offeratory tray at the base of the shrine, and you see the outline of a doorway appear in the stone wall beside it.

"After you," Gjenganger says.

>>701494
>>701496
>>701493
>>701498
As Zjetya tries to intercept the golden golem's strike, it swiftly jukes her and strikes at Flaming before she can intercept it. KP and Spitshine bolt up the stairs to the platform after her. As she is struck, Flaming loses 5 Hits then regains 2.

Zjetya flies around in front of the golden golem as he tries to strike Flaming again, and each time, it's forced to pull back, showing that it can't strike her from the front, lest it break the rule. But it soon gets an opening and grabs Zjetya from behind by the neck, then flings her to the ground, where she lands with a heavy crack.

With her out of the way, the golden golem charges a spell and fires it at some tree branches which stretch over the temple's open ceiling. [1d10+4]

>>701500
"I'm not actually entirely sure what to call it," she says. "I found it while in an Ecclesian raiding camp. Here's a picture," she says, drawing a book from her bag. On the page she opens it to, you see a strange creature that looks to be a kind of black kiwi bird, about the size of a monkey. However, while kiwis don't have wings, this one does, and the wings end in four points like fingers.

"The thing's gone off to the marketplace… I hope it doesn't steal any more things."

Roll #1 4 + 4 = 8

 No.701502

>>701501
Shei-Sher's senses fade in from a haze as he realizes Chorazin is talking to him "You imagined correctly. I am going to give it one last try. I am a bit new to qi working and I just recently disowned Sabuul as my patron. So it is only natural this would be more awkward than it is when working with Sabuul's boon."

Shei-Sher projects himself into Pausanias' dreams again
[1d10+1] astral projection

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.701503

>>701502
You emerge back into the realm that you just left, finding it darker and more foggy than before, but far more stable this time.

 No.701504

>>701501
"Violence is all they know now, and nopony has offered anything else to help add a different relief."

When they reach the shrine and door to the arena, Pryce nods, stepping through the door.

>>701501
KP runs up the stairs as fast as his legs can go, determined to get this finished quick. When he gets to the top floor, he starts to rush for the bird, until he hears the crack.
>"Zjetya!"
He skids to a halt, quickly changing course to check on her, forgetting the tablet.

 No.701505

>>701501

Amy tosses Zjetya a potion. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.701506


 No.701507

>>701501
Flow cringes as Zjeta lands with a crack, and looks over.
"Oi!… You still alive?"
He remains put.

Vice looks bewildered at the picture.
>"You just found it? I've never seen a bird that looks like that before… It can't have gone far, let's keep our eyes open."
Vice turns to start searching, and turns back around.
>"Erm…where's the marketplace?"

 No.701508

>>701499
>>701501
As Amy explains the plan to let it strike Zjetya, Flaming's eyes open wide in realization, shortly before she herself is struck by the golem's attack, sending her flying down the stairs before her Mantra begins healing some of the wounds. She looks up as it stops itself from striking Zjetya, and smiles, "Y-you're right! They're bound by the same rules we are, they can't hit us from the front either. That should be useful, now we just have to trick them or use that to our advantage."

She turns up to look at the golem as it charges its spell at the tree branches, grunting, "Now what's it up to…?" While it's distracted, she tries to run up to get behind it again like before, "Maybe we'll have an easier time throwing it off if we take on of them from both sides!"
[1d10] Running to get behind the Gold Golem

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.701509

>>701508

Amy simply scratches her head. "So where are you going?"

 No.701510

>>701503
qi working!
[fast posting because I'm cooking dinner]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.701511

>>701504
As you enter, the illusory door becomes solid wall again, leaving no trace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJf6i-Qxm8
When you get to the end of the long corridor, you reach a packed and cavernous room many stories tall, with you being on the second floor. You reach a balcony, and below you is a fighter's pit, in the process of being cleaned of blood and bits after the recent fight. It's surrounded by medical tents and spectators, while the second floor has many stalls, such as for food, gambling and registration for the fights.
Renee sticks close as you enter, but Gjenganger is far more at home, breathing in the smell of blood and sweat. "Well, where to begin?"

>>701507
>>701505
>>701504
Zjetya lets out a loud gasp as Amy's potion flies over to her, and she stands, checking herself for injuries. "I'm fine, but look out!"

From above, several giant tree branches fall from the tree where it was struck, bringing with them a showering of water and twigs and leaves. It's heading right for Flow, Amy, LJ and Zophie, and they need to roll a dodge, which is instant. Your companions try to get out of the way.
[1d10+2] LJ Dodge
[1d10+2] Zophie Dodge

As they break formation, the silver golem lunges and tries to jab at the two of them from the side to get in a cheap hit.

[1d10+3] Cleave vs 2

Zjetya tries to intercept the attack. [1d10]

>>701508
While the golden slime is distracted, you slip behind it without it even noticing.

>>701507
The mare gives you directions to the eastern marketplace, where she last saw her bird, and you, Mocha and Box take those directions, reaching a vast bazaar structured around a great circular fountain, full of merchants and peddlers and countless refugees.

"We'll keep an eye out!" Mocha says as she and Box walk to some nearby stands, but you can tell they just want to shop. Roll to search for the Bird.

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12 / Roll #2 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #3 1 + 3 = 4 / Roll #4 6 = 6

 No.701512

>>701511

Amy looks up and blasts the tree branches away from the group.

>Wrath on the branches [1d10+3]


Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.701513

>>701511
Flow leaps out of the way of the falling debris.
"Oi! These arseholes are goin for cheapshots!"
>jumpin
[1d10]

Vice shakes his head as the two wander off, and drags Trapper around as he looks for the mare's missing bird.
>>"Ye think a bird that big'd be easy to find…"
The two goos split up to search for the bird on their own.
>looking
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 9 = 9

 No.701514

>>701511
"We should find the head of this place. Get the message done quick."
Pryce looks around for a help desk, or a sign in desk, assuming those would be the ones with the most information.


>>701511
As Zjetya gets up, looking relatively well, KP stops. He looks over to the bird with his tablet. With the golems focusing on the others, this is the best chance to get this finished.
>"Spitshine, if you wanna keep covering me that'd be great, but I don't want you to take any hits that you don't need too. We still got 2 more rooms after this."
He says, making his run towards the tablet.
>Run [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.701515

>>701513
Soon the two of you spot the little black bird, no more than a foot tall, slinking around among the crates behind each stall, surrepetitiously sneaking glances into open boxes. Each time it's nearly spotted by a merchant, you see the bird quickly shapeshift, taking mundane forms such as jars or boxes, and it returns to its real form once the danger is gone.

 No.701516

>>701514
You eventually find a small ewe behind the registration desk, sealed off from the demons by a cage which encloses the desk. As she approaches, she raises an eyebrow. "Ready for a match?"

 No.701517

>>701516
"Not exactly. I would like to speak whoever is in charge of this place."
Pryce says, getting back into his old Knightly tone for the official business.

 No.701518

>>701510
As you scour Pausanias' memories for those who willingly conspired against the king, you find almost nothing to go on – he was so meticulous and piecemeal about his attempted poisoning of the king that the only one who knew what was going on was Orcus, who is obviously long dead. All others were unwitting pawns, now rapt with guilt and most having willingly turned themselves in once they were informed of what was happening.

However, you do see memories of Pausanias speaking with demon tamers and guards about the underground arena. It seems he had a hand in setting it up and arranging the guard so that only the guards who knew about the arena would patrol in that area in exchange for a cut of the arena's earnings. You collect the names and faces of ten guards in on this.

 No.701519

>>701509
"Behind it! It's the same trick THEY'RE pulling: if it has enemies on either side, it has to get hit from somewhere!"

>>701511
Flaming looks over at the tree and debris that falls down from the cieling, she lets out a cry, "Everyone, look out!" As it falls though, the branches/leaves obscuring her vision she gets another idea for how to contend with them.
>"What if… what if they can't see which side they're attacking?!"

She leaps at the Golem again, trying to knock it over with another hard blow to distract it [1d10+3] (All or Nothing)

>>701517
As Pryce runs towards the Tablet, she shouts, "Hey Pryce! Can you do magic like your older half?! Like a smoke-screen or something?!"

Roll #1 9 + 3 = 12

 No.701520

>>701514
"Nonsense, I won't get any tougher if I don't take a few good ones!" Spitshine says, running alongside you. The both of you reach the northern wall. At the top of the wall is a ledge, and it's here that the black vulture waits with the tablet. There are no stairs, but there are slots in the wall's surface you can use to climb up slowly. (roll instant)

>>701519
>>701514
>>701512
>>701513
Amy manages to blast most of the branches as they fall, but a great degree of debris remains, showering Zophie and Flow quite painfully, causing them to both lose a wound. However, Zjetya is just barely able to throw herself in front of the silver slime's attack, catching the blade of its halberd right in her chest with a terrible crunch. She curls as the strike launches her across the room and lands in a heap as she hits the wall.

However, Amy's gambit was successful, and the silver slime screeches in rage as its body dissolves into hieroglyphs, a swarm of black letters and pictures that fly southward through the temple.

The golden golem is apparently enraged at this turn of events, and seeing Spitshine and KP run toward the tablet, it tries to blast them with magic. [1d10+4]

However, Flaming strikes it in the back of the golem body's knee, and the creature topples, falling to one knee.

Roll #1 2 + 4 = 6

 No.701521

>>701517
The ewe squints at you in annoyance. "Well he's too busy to talk to every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants an autograph or a fight. What do you want, I'll just give him a message."

 No.701522

>>701515
Vice and Trapper both look at each other and shrug.
>"I'll stay and watch it, you go get the others."
Trapper nods and leaves to go find everyone else who came with the goos.
Vice keeps a close eye on the bird, so as not to lose track of it when it shapeshifts.

Flow brushes off the debris that impaled him, an chases after Spitshine and KP to give them more cover, facing the golden golem as he runs towards them.
>running to cover
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.701523

>>701518
>>701511
Studiously, and with a modicum of admiration for Pausania's thoroughness, Shei inpsects the memories.

A smile graces Shei-Sher's face as he is pleased with the results he has found. Shei's focus wanes as he lets the memories fade away from he. He now sees Pausania's pathetic form. The sight peturbing melancholy feelings in Shei and a moment of empathy.

Shei walks forward and kneels to put the palm of his hoof on Pausania's face "..Even gods dream of being kings.. For puny mortals as ourselves to even try, is extraordinary." And Shei stands "What is good and what is evil is just a trifle for scribes to concern themselves with when writing lore onto page."

"So I will help you go in peace."
Shei-Sher works the qi of the dream to fill the space with the warmth and love of Pausanias' most precious memories and weaving the qi so that he might find some form of catharsis before his time.
[1d10+1] More qi working

Shei then exits the projection.

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.701524

>>701522
Trapper quickly finds Mocha and Box, who are in the middle of haggling with a harried poor clothier for some thread, yarn and an assortment of other clothing supplies. They turn and greet him as he arrives. "What's up, you find something?" Mocha asks.

Vice spies the bird get into a bit of trouble - as it pockets some gems from a richer-looking stand, the bird is spotted from behind, and the merchant of that stand grabs an empty box, sneaking up quietly to try to capture the bird before it can get away.

 No.701525

>>701520

"Great job, Zeta," Amy says quickly as she throws a potion over her shoulder. It magically tracks itself to Zjetya.[1d10+3]

Then, Amy leaps into action as the magic shot is launched toward a target on the ground not too far from her. Now is her chance! [1d10] to intercept the shot in the front, thus ruining the golem's day.

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.701526

>>701523
Having sufficiently drummed up a few peaceful memories from his youth - young love, a proud and honorable service in the military, great success as an alchemist - you return from the memories, standing next to Chorazin again. "Good news or bad this time?"

 No.701527

>>701519
>"I'm not that skilled yet! I can make a firework if you want!"

>>701520
>"Alright, let's show this bird who's boss then!"

KP looks up the wall as they reach it, trying to follow the best path with his eyes since they'll need to go up quick.
>"Ok, I'm gonna try climbing as fast as I can. If you see an attack coming, tell me where it's coming from."
KP says to Spitshine before he jumps on the wall and goes to ascend.
>Climb [1d10]
>Climb Faster! [1d10]

>>701521
"I bring a message from the King and Prince of Zha, and I would prefer to speak to to the leader here personally."
Pryce says sternly.

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.701528

>>701524
Vice curses under his breath, and sprints after the bird to catch it first.
>running fast
[1d10]

>>"Yeah, we found the bleedin bird. It's a bloody shapeshifter, so Vice is makin sure we don't lose it."


Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.701529

>>701527
>Official Business Persuasion [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.701530

>>701520
>>701520
Flaming looks on and smiles gleefully as Zjetya is hit by the Silver Slime's attack, shouting, "MOOOOOO! IT worked! Great job, Zjetya! We'll handle this one…"

As the Golden Golem tries to strike them with magic, she grunts as her head makes contact with its back, and forces it down to one knee in retaliation. She stands her ground, waiting for it to turn around and attack her. "Well!? I'm over here, you just going to stand there and let me bash you?!"

As she taunts it, she readies herself, preparing to bash it again as Amy runs to intercept the shot
[1d10+3] All or Nothing (will cancel if it turns around)

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.701531

>>701526
"Oh no, it turned out much better this time. I don't know why you did not come with me. Pausanias was quite the stickler for details. Everyone who was an accessory to the attempt on the king's life was an unwitting pawn. Only Orcus, who has perished long ago, was aware of Pausania's plans. But other than clearing the names of the innocent we have 10 guards that were paid in return for their concealment of the Demon Arena."

Shei-Sher takes out his notebook. "I am going to jot down their names so I do not forget." and begins writing with an inked quil.

"I would say let's make our way to notify the castle guard captain but we will all be making our rendezvous at the castle at some point in the night so we may as well see how everyone else is making progress."

And with that Shei-Sher leads the way out of the dungeon and to the Demon Arena Fighting Pits to regroup with the party.

 No.701532

>>701522
>>701525
>>701527
>>701530
Amy is able to intercept the attack, doused by the water spell and launched into the northern wall with a heavy thud, nearly smashing into KP and Spitshine, missing them by only a few inches. Amy loses a wound, but the strike also causes the golden slime to break the rule and thus dissipate much like the silver golem. With the ruse successful, the fight is over. Zjetya has also been healed, but she still lies on the ground, reluctant to take another attack.

However, there is still the issue of the vulture. KP and Spitshine climb up the northern wall and peer over the edge, seeing the creature perched about thirty feet away from them, with its talons protectively covering the tablet. It eyes them carefully but doesn't attack them.

Meanwhile, LJ and Zophie dust themselves off. "Well that was more manageable than the first one I should say," LJ says.

>>701528
Vice is slowed by the crowd and is unable to reach the merchant before he can try to bring the box down on the bird. However, the bird turns at the last possible moment and sees the attempted capture, quickly turning into a rat and skittering away under a table to escape. The bird then shapeshifts back and bolts down the road, causing a commotion along the way.
"You mean that bird?" Mocha asks.
"After it, after it!" Box declares.

>>701529
The ewe groans and picks up a caller conch, then whispers into it. "Uh huh… yeah… sure, sure."

She hangs up. "He'll be right out, just wait here a moment.

A few minutes later, a large demon comes out of a back room, a hulking, eight foot tall floating block of muscle and clattering metal armor, with purple robes and a cape thrown over him. He has arms but no legs, with his bottom half ending in a ghostly vapor. His head is concealed by a helmet. He glares at you with silent impatience.

>>701531
"I had no interest in him or those like him. As General, I intercepted more than a few whispered plans to usurp the throne of Mariposa. However, I can respect his secrecy. Three can keep a secret if two are dead and one has no tongue."

Having recalled the location of the arena and the means of getting past the illusory wall from Pausanias' memories, you make your way up from the dungeon and out of the palace, heading to the northern end of the city, though it's going to be quite the walk before you reach it, as Zha is a large polis.

 No.701533

>>701532
>"This is the easy part Spits, he can't shoot us as long as we face him. So let's charge right for it and end this!"
KP shouts, already feeling triumphant as he runs for the tablet.
>Tablet Charge! [1d10]


>>701532
"Okay."
Pryce waits after the ewe makes her call.

As the demon exits out, Pryce looks up to the hulking beast, though he shows no reaction, given what he's faced before.
"Let us step into your office to discuss this. No need to let any passerby's walk into this conversation."
Pryce says to the demon.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.701534

>>701532
Flow continues after KP and Spitshine.
“Oi! You think the vulture thing has to follow its own rules!?” He asks to no one in particular.

Both Vice and Trapper groan, and give chase after the bird.
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.701535

>>701532
"I met with Orcus personally, and aided in his demise when it was time to confront him. He was a sad, desperate character who mourned for his lost kingdom. And through the most extravagant means possible plotted to merge our world with an alternate reality where Zha Arlakane was left unconquered."

"I felt for him I truly did. Seeing the lost of my homeland was very difficult on me, but what are you to do about it? Well, other than enslaving the populace with mind altering drugs to power a tear in reality hahaha" Shei chuckles at the absurdity of the statement. "Although I am also too easy to have my heart tugged by the woes of elderly wizards. Still. Tis a sad thing."

"I felt a pang of grief for Pausanias as well. But that is so because his inner image appeared so pathetic. I conjured some nice memories for him. So he might go in peace."

Shei-Sher enjoys the walk with Chorazin and Novelus to the Arena.
[Is Novelus still with us?]

 No.701536

>>701532
>>701532

Amy rushes over to Zjetya, shaking off her own pain. "Are you okay, Zeta?" she asks with worry. "Do you need anything?"

 No.701537

>>701534
>"It must! Because what point is offering a trial if you just ignore it to deal with the ponies you're testing?"

 No.701538

>>701532
>>701532
Flaming pumps a hoof in the air, jumping up for joy and kicking out as the Golden one is pulled into the same trap by attacking Amy, "YES! We got 'em both! That was brilliant!" She turns towards LJ, nodding, "Yeah! This rule actually hurts them as much as it does us, that was useful."

She runs up towards Amy and Zjetya, trying to make sure they're both alright after getting hit. "That was incredible! You two really got us out of a jam there, I would have never thought of that."

She turns towards the vulture, while Spitshine and KP make a move to grab the tablet. "Now all that's left to deal with his him… think we can pull off the same trick three times? I don't know if we NEED this spirit to actually complete the dungeon, but…"

 No.701539

>>701533
>>701534
Before you can get to the tablet, the vulture lays its whole body over it, completely covering the tablet. Spitshine quickly catches up to you and signals for you to stop. "Wait, I haven't yet heard anything about this rule going away like last time! What if the rule's still in effect?"

>>701533
The demon shows no reaction, but turns around and floats off. You follow it up the stairs through a well-furnished VIP lounge full of wealthy looking mortals - not a single demon around - and again through a door at the back end of the lounge, flanked by guards. The office is comparatively spartan, with a mahogany desk and a few trophy cases displaying weapons. The demon sits behind his desk, and there's a chair out for you to take on your side.

>>701536
>>701538
Zjetya lies in a pile of rubble, no longer injured but clearly pissed. "A handsome compensation for all this body blocking might be nice…" she grumbles. "Or a hug."

>>701535
>We can say that you brought him along

"People willing to give up the whole present for a piece of the past," Chorazin muses. "Whatever the era, there's always going to be people like us around. But it never goes our way does it? One way or another, it's all gone."

Novelus follows along silently in contemplation. Eventually you reach the shrine which conceals the demon arena's entrance. You drop some coins in the offeratory basin and the illusory wall vanishes, allowing you to enter the arena.

>>701534
As you chase after the bird, you're caught by the crowds, forced to duck and weave while the bird is able to slip through them more easily due to its smaller size. It starts to get away, but it's still in your sight as it gets further along the street.

 No.701540

>>701539
Flaming chuckles at Zjetya, "Well, let me be the first to tell you, if you want HUGS, Amy is a non-stop source of 'em. You just rest here: I'll see to the tablet myself."

Seeing that the pair are okay, she begins to run back up the stairs in the direction of the vulture, catching up with Kid Pryce and Spitshine in order to help get the tablet away from it.

 No.701541

>>701539

"Hey, I told you to block a magic spell, not a giant sword!" Amy scolds Sjetya.

Then, she gives her a smile. "But, good job. We won thanks to you."

Amy picks her up and gives her a hug.

 No.701542

>>701539
KP stops as the bird lays down over it.
>"Well this is easy then. I'll stand here, and you go around behind him and grab the tablet. We just need to touch it, and he can't have his front face both of us."
KP says confidently. He gets into a running stance, ready to move if hte Vulture gives an opening.
>Run (If the vulture moves, and if a roll is needed) [1d10]
>"Ok Spits, go around and grab that tablet."


>>701539
Pryce follows the demon, finding it a bit odd there's no other demons around. Though he considers they must be kept secured in someway.
When they reach the office, Pryce takes his seat.
"King Lininas and Prince Novelus are aware of your presence here, but are willing to offer an arrangement to let you remain alive and in business. They want to assure the protection of the citizens and have your guarantee that your establishment is guarded enough to ensure that no harm will occur to anypony outside of the fighting ring. The deal is open to negotiations, as well. Do you accept this offer?"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.701543

>>701539
"Hmm? For you perhaps, Chorazin. If the future is not something you look forward to. I on the other hoof am quite young, so I can't say I share as much attachment and grief as you do Chorazin. Though, maybe I just haven't lost everything yet.."

Shei-Sher looks back at Chorazin and smiles "That said let's try to make sure things do go our way, in the event we have not truly lost everything dear to us hahaha."

Once in the arena Shei-Sher wanders over to the help desk. "Salutations. I believe my friend arrived here earlier. A knightly Alicorn on orders from the prince. Who is now in your presence. If you have your wits about you, you will comply. And show me to him."

 No.701544

>>701540
As you and LJ climb up after Flow, Spitshine and KP, you see the following (below post):

>>701542
Spitshine tries to circle around the vulture, but it's clear that there are no openings, as the vulture is so large that its frame covers the tablet completely all around. The vulture makes no reaction. Spitshine comes around the other side and shakes his head. "There's no opening, and I don't think I can get through his scales. There's only one place where the scales are broken, and that's on its face from when Amy attacked it earlier. That's probably the only weakpoint."
"What should we do?" LJ asks, thinking over the situation. "He really did a number on Flaming earlier."

>>701541
You feel a slight sense of sudden fatigue as you hug Zjetya, while she seems to get more energy, and stands up. "Uh-huh. Next time we're sending you to take the hits."

>>701542
The demon thinks over this deal, his hands folded neatly at his desk. "What will happen if harm occurs outside of the ring from a participant in this arena? And is that everything that they want out of us?"

>>701543
The ewe glares down at you. "Register for a match or get out."

As you argue with the ewe, Gjenganger and River Spring wave at you as they eat some roasted nuts and watch a match going on in the arena.

 No.701545

>>701544
>>701537
>>701534
Flaming's eye twitches as LJ just so happens to point out how much of a number it did on her earlier. "It didn't hurt THAT bad, I'm still standing in case you haven't NOTICED." she barks at him, throwing up her chin haughtily as she moves towards the vulture as he clams up all around the tablet, reaching up to her chin to rub it in thought. "Hmmm… we'll have to work in a pair… okay, I'll attack him from behind so we do not break the rules, and EVENTUALLY he'll have to move or try to defend himself. When he does, you have to take that opportunity to snatch up the tablet. Does that sound like a plan?

 No.701546

>>701544
>"He's that big?"
KP says, surprised. He taps his hoof in thought.
>"Hmm… Ok, I got it! Spitshine, stay back there just to be safe!"
KP walks up to the vulture.
>"I'm going for it."
He stays facing towards the vulture so he can't be attacked. And once he reaches the vulture's body, KP goes to crawl under the bird to get to the tablet.
>Squeeze under the Bird [1d10]


>>701544
"If any harm comes to a citizen, then any deal would be off and the King would reserve any and all rights to deal with or exterminate the offender or the arena as a whole."
Pryce states.
"For now that is all the information I was allowed to say. Further details and negotiations would come if you are willing to accept the deal of upholding the safety of the kingdom and keeping things contained and controlled to remain operating."

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.701547

>>701544

As Amy lets go of the hug, she looks at Zjetya with a cocked head and a sort of amused smile. "D-did you just-?" Amy trails off. "Is that like an… intimate thing? Did… Did we just do it?"

 No.701548

>>701544
Shei-Sher rolls his eyes at the ewe "I was being serious. But that is fine. If things do not go well you cannot be promised Amnesty. Have a good day." Shei-Sher leaves the receptionist desk to join Gjenganger and River in watching the fights.

"My word, why I am not surprised You are in the stands and not aiding in Pryce's negotiations. Have the fights been thrilling at the least?" He says as he sits down with them for the moment.
"Hm. In any case, did you see where Etac went?"

 No.701549

>>701545
"Ah, that's a good sign - our enemy must be weaker than we originally thought," LJ banters, before going back to the situation.

>>701546
>>701545
As everyone discusses the situation, KP starts to make his way to the creature's wing. Somehow, he manages to raise the wing just enough to crawl under it and start approaching the tablet. The vulture raises its head in confusion, then lowers it so as not to give the party another opening, but is clearly thrown for a loop. It awkwardly tries to press down on its wing so as to stop KP, but it's having trouble from it being such an odd situation.

[1d10]

>>701547
Zjetya looks at you with confusion, then gets a realiztion. "First of all, you wish. Second of all, I need to know what your opinions are on changelings and everything you've been taught about them."

>>701546
"Then you surely understand how unattractive a position that deal puts me in," the demon says. "All that someone needs to do is frame us for an attack and use that to justify getting rid of us and defame us in the eyes of the public. I refuse your terms."

>>701548
"Yes, he went to the third floor with the owner of this joint," Gejnganger says. "I don't think they'll let you back there unless you're able to bribe them."
"Or scare them," River says. "You brought an angel in here after all."
"We should try not to flaunt my power too much," Chorazin says. "I did lose quite a bit of it after that battle."

>pause


Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.701570

>Everyone is at full H/W because combat is over

You all know what happened last time on HQ because last time on HQ was 2 days ago.

Post sheets

 No.701571

File: 1536631849570.webm (2.28 MB, 718x404, amy rudely wakes up short….webm)


 No.701572


 No.701573


 No.701574


 No.701575

>>701571
"Ah, that's a good sign - our enemy must be weaker than we originally thought," LJ banters, before going back to the situation.

>>701571
>>701574
As everyone discusses the situation, KP starts to make his way to the creature's wing. Somehow, he manages to raise the wing just enough to crawl under it and start approaching the tablet. The vulture raises its head in confusion, then lowers it so as not to give the party another opening, but is clearly thrown for a loop. It awkwardly tries to press down on its wing so as to stop KP, but it's having trouble from it being such an odd situation.

[1d10: 9]

>>701573
Zjetya looks at you with confusion, then gets a realiztion. "First of all, you wish. Second of all, I need to know what your opinions are on changelings and everything you've been taught about them."

>>701574
"Then you surely understand how unattractive a position that deal puts me in," the demon says. "All that someone needs to do is frame us for an attack and use that to justify getting rid of us and defame us in the eyes of the public. I refuse your terms."

>Shei

"Yes, he went to the third floor with the owner of this joint," Gejnganger says. "I don't think they'll let you back there unless you're able to bribe them."
"Or scare them," River says. "You brought an angel in here after all."
"We should try not to flaunt my power too much," Chorazin says. "I did lose quite a bit of it after that battle."

 No.701576

>>701572
As you chase after the bird, you're caught by the crowds, forced to duck and weave while the bird is able to slip through them more easily due to its smaller size. It starts to get away, but it's still in your sight as it gets further along the street.

>>701572
See also, "As everyone…" in >>701575

 No.701577

>>701575

"Well, changelings are liars, and I don't like liars," Amy muses. "But, they like love, and that's good. I guess it's kinda the same as anyone else. If they haven't lied yet, it doesn't matter. And, if they're just lying about what they look like, that's silly and pointless."

"The only way it sounds different from other people is that they want to make people feel love. And, that's really cool!"

Then, Amy blinks a few times. "A-are you offering? Cause… um…" she looks around as if she's looking for someone's approval. "How do you feel about threesomes?"

 No.701578

>>701576
The two goo clones hurry towards the bird, with Vice constantly apologizing as they bump into passerby, and Trapper shoving everyone out of his way.
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]

Flow scratches his head as the vulture is preoccupied by KP slipping in.
"I figure I can give it a shot…"
He runs towards the vulture to see if his gooey texture can slip past the giant bird's wings.
>Goo; DC-1
[1d10]

>>701577
Instead of diving, Flow turns his head at Amy.
"Say wha-," only for him to trip and slide towards the vulture.

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 3 = 3

 No.701579

>>701577
Zjetya recoils, then dusts herself off. "Yeah, you're pretty solid about that policy of truth. So full disclosure: I'm a changeling. What I just did was eat part of your love. Tends to happen when you hug a changeling. Usually the passive love from a big enough group is enough to suffice, but with a smaller group like this, the residual love atmosphere isn't strong enough. So, thanks."

She walks off toward where KP and Flaming and the others are.

 No.701580

>>701575
KP crawls through the feathers of the vulture, beaming at his brilliant plan. Though as he feels the wing start to come down, he quickly hurries in his crawling to avoid getting squished.
>"Hey now, careful Mister Vulture, I could turn over so you'd be breaking the rule with this! But I won't, cause we still need you around for the other tests. Just admit you got beat this time!"
KP says up to the bird as he agilely maneuvers under the bird.
>Dodge Wing [1d10]
>Crawl to the Tablet! [1d10]


>>701575
"And you must understand how unattractive it is to the King to know there's a demon focused fighting ring right under his nose. You know how the world is outside the walls, and after the Bodhidharma attack security is of the utmost importance."
Pryce responds simply.
"And they are offering you a deal to remain here. If they didn't want to give you this chance I wouldn't be here, so being framed isn't something you would need to worry about having an adverse effect."

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.701581

>>701575
https://pastebin.com/YJFusUgn

"ba-a-ah.. If I were to flaunt anyone's prestige. It would be Novelus. We have the literal prince of the capital by our side. Unbelievable, it did not illicit a rise from the receptionist. Maybe I'm just not very good at the threatening. Chorazin the next time we barge into a den of nare-do-wells remind me to leave the intimidation to you. You can be scary." Shei comments.

"hmm.. I'm certain Pryce is doing fine. This is more an errand than a quest afterall. And if there is any trouble, we'll be present in the stands."
Shei-Sher kicks back and enjoys the arena fight. He appraises their ability to gauge whether he's in the mood for a match.
[1d10+1] appraising arena fighters to know what I'd be up against if shei signed for a match

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.701582

>>701575
>>701580
Flaming smiles and nods at LJ, "Of course! I mean, don't let that make you underestimate him though, he DOES hit pretty hard. I'm just saying, *I* was fine afterwards is all. That's it."

Flaming looks on as Kid Pryce actually tries crawling DIRECTLY underneath the creature's wings in an attempt to grab the tablet. She grins widely. "WOAH! Pryce, when did you get so brave?!" She shouts enthusiastically, running to the back side of the vulture to attack it from the side, trying to distract it with minor scrapes and head-butts to keep it off of Pryce. "Go get it Pryce, you can do it!"
[1d10] Distraction

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.701583

>>701578
Trapper falls behind after running into a dense clump of merchants and their armed bodyguards, but Vice slithers through the crowd deftly and catches up with the bird in short order. With an alarmed squawk, the bird tries to slip away by sharply rounding a street corner, but is still within arm's reach for Vice (roll to grab, and an instant speed check. Success on the check results in a bonus for the grab).

>>701581
Chorazin smirks. "Good to see that hasn't changed in any of my incarnations."

As you watch the match, it looks like it's amateur hour right now, some cheap filler for the masses while speculation on bigger matches takes place up in the VIP lounge. Trolls and orcs with squashed faces butt heads and trade blows in the arena below, and while they are physically tough, their technique is nothing impressive.

>>701582
>>701580
>>701578
The vulture stubbornly flattens its whole body against the ground, not yielding to either Flaming's or Flow's attempts at getting the tablet, but KP is wily and fast, and sneaks around the folding wing, slipping quickly to its talons where it jealously guards the tablet.

As KP touches the stone tablet, the vulture's whole body stretches up to its full towering height to look down upon him. Hopper releases a victory screech from his perch on KP's shoulder.

With a proud snort, the monstrous vulture steps away from the tablet, then flaps its wings, filling the room with a great gust as it takes off into the sky once more. It flies off to the southeastern portion of the temple, where even from here you can see a large tower with many floors. However, unlike last time, you don't hear a voice in your heads announcing the end of the rule.

"Wait… is the rule still in place?" Spitshine wonders aloud.

 No.701584

>>701579

Amy stares in confusion at Zjetya as she leaves. After a moment of contemplation, she just shrugs and rejoins the party.

>>701578

"You aren't a part of the conversation!" Amy calls after Flow as he slips.

 No.701585

>>701583
Trapper reaches out and jumps at the bird, trying to stretch his gooey limbs to catch it while he makes a dive to catch the shapeshifting bird.
>grabbin; DC-1
[1d10]
>speedy checky
[1d10]

Flow gets up from his face plant as his face starts to form again.
"I'd err on the side of caution, and say…maybe."

>>701584
"Well excuuuuse me, princess," he says in a mocking tone, "I just get a little caught off guard when I hear weird stuff come out of your mouth. Out of anyone's mouth."

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.701586

>>701583
"Hmm… I sort of would like to see a match with a magic user. I think I'll go ask if there are any demons on the roster with such skill."

Shei-Sher takes his leave to the VIP lounge but before he actually leaves the stands he says in a low voice close to Chorazin "Chorazin, I'm heading to the VIP lounge, come with me. Nopony ever sees me as very powerful and I don't want to fight a guard to prove my point."

 No.701587

>>701580
"You misunderstand how badly the king needs us here," the armored demon says. "Were it not for us, these tamers and demons would have nowhere to go and nothing to, and that would spell disaster in a dense civilization area such as this. You and your king need to sweeten the terms if you don't want my fighters to demonstrate this fact."

 No.701588

>>701583
>>701585
As Kid Pryce manages to take the tablet out from the vulture's reach, she lets out a loud cry of victory even as the gusts fill the chamber, running over to the victorious colt. "AMAZING! You did it, Pryce, that was so cool! You were just all, 'Just admit you got beat this time'," She says while imitating his voice as best she could (which was poorly). "THAT was even more impressive than a scar."

She looks up as Spitshine points out the rule hasn't been announced yet, and she nods. "I agree with Flow. Better safe than sorry. Until the rules change for sure, everyone keep avoiding the front. Let's get everyone gathered up and keep chasing that thing, we got it on the run!"

 No.701589

>>701583
KP stands up as the vulture rises, now able to stretch freely.
>"Yea! We did it!"
KP cheers along with Hopper as the vulture retreats.

Once the vulture is gone, KP leave the tablet and quickly rushes over to Zjetya, nearly tackling into her as he hops up so he can get his hooves on her shoulders, looking up with concern and worry.
>"Are you alright? Nothing broke when you got slammed down did it?"

>>701584
KP looks over at Amy while he checks on Zjetya.
>"Don't ever tell anypony to go run into attacks again!"
He scolds.

>>701588
>"Yea, that was great wasn't it? And told ya you don't need scars to be impressive."
KP brags.


>>701587
"I am aware of the service this place provides. However, tamers and demons do not have a place here. If you say they have nowhere to go and nothing to do, then this place must mean a lot to you and everypony else here of those groups. The offer to remain here instead of being cast out, or worse, should be sweet enough."

 No.701590

>>701589

"Hey, I did it too," Amy shrugs.

 No.701591

>>701590
>"But you don't just tell other to do it for you! Especially her!"

 No.701592

>>701585
Before Vice or Trapper can catch the bird, the creature reaches into its bag and tosses out a flowing silk cloth, temporarily blinding the two before they can grab it. By the time they rip the cloth away, they see the bird getting away on the back of a delivery cart laden with goods bound northward.

>>701586
Gjenganger and River nod. "We'll be watching from here. Best of luck to you."

You and Chorazin head for the third floor, where the VIP lounge is located. The lounge is a guarded room sealed off by exquisite clear crystal walls, full of rich-looking mortals, mostly relaxing on raised seats padded with sickeningly exquisite cushions and rugs, drinking and smoking exotic herbs. As you approach, a demon gaurd at the entrance raises a hand to stop you, but before he can get out a word, Chorazin grips him by the face and shoves him to the side without so much as stopping. The rich mortals hardly take notice of this, apparently expecting and desnsitized to displays of violence such as this.

>>701589
"If anything did, it was fixed once Amy healed me," Zjetya says. "Though she seems like she might want to break something else," she adds in a whisper.

>>701589
The demon leans back in his chair, gazing down at you with disinterest. "Conflict with the crown would mean a striking loss of profit and entertainment for our sponsors, of course… why don't I throw you a bone? Run along back to your king and tell him that if he helps keep things entertaining here, we will agree to his terms - he can offer us weapons, magic, tribute fighters, and so on."

>>701588
>>701585
>>701584
>>701589
With the tablet obtained, the party returns to the central room of the temple. Toward the eastern wing of the temple, where the great bird flew off to, you get a better view of the tower reaching into the sky, at the top of which is a great bell. You can only assume that the end of the trails will be there.

Before you lies a dark tunnel, as with the northern path. However, you don't see any light at the end, only a light breeze and the smell of thick moss and dusty stone.
"If we keep up this pace, we'll have our zebra back in short order," Zophie says. "Onward, everyone!"

 No.701593

>>701592
Shei-Sher watches admirably as Chorazin handles the situation so easily. He takes note to do nice things for Chorazin to show his appreciation for angels.

Shei-Sher follows into the VIP room with Chorazin. "Chorazin, when is your birthday?"

 No.701594

>>701592
The two goos briefly give chase before collapsing on the ground.
>>"Damn thing got away…"
Vice groans.
>"Ugh…how are we gonna explain this to that mare?"
The two goos walk back to the marketplace, their heads hung low in defeat.

>>701592
Flow gazes up at the high tower, focusing in on the bell.
"Very seldomly do I get to ring a bell…" he thinks aloud as he follows the others down the tunnel

 No.701595

>>701591

"I wouldn't have if I could do it myself. That's the power of teamwork!"

>>701592

"I hope the next rule comes up soon. I hate this rule…" Amy says as she starts walking into the tunnel.

[1d10] to not be caught off guard

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.701596

>>701594
At the other end of the marketplace, Vice and Trapper see the mare waiting, looking around for the gooey duo, though she doesn't see them yet. Mocha and Box catch up to the two of you, and look disappointed as well. "Guessing no dice, huh?" Mocha asks.

 No.701597

>>701589
"And I'll be there to confirm it, if you have any doubter's I'll set 'em straight. I'm really starting to LIKE this rule, it helps us as much as it does them!"

>>701595
>I hate this rule…"
"I think it's working out pretty well for us. All we have to do is trick them into attacking our front, and they go down like *that*."

>>701592
Flaming nods as Zophie leads the charge. "Right. Everyone keep a sharp eye out. Anyone have a light?" Flaming asks as she looks up towards the tower, curious what it may have holding for them at the top.

[1d10] Keeping alert

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.701598

>>701597
>>701591

"Well, SOMEONE doesn't like doing that!"

 No.701599

>>701596
The duo shake their heads.
>>"Aye, the bugger slipped past our clutches, an' got on a cart headin north."
Vice turns to the mare.
>"We also didn't know that the bird was able to shapeshift. Where did you say you found it again?"

 No.701600

>>701598
Flaming turns her head, "Huh?! Who didn't like doing it, it was a great idea!"

 No.701601

>>701592
>"You sure? Absolutely positively?"
KP repeats to be sure.
>"Just don't go doing any crazy stuff like that again. I don't wanna see you get swatted around like that."

KP tilts his head in confusions.
>("What do you mean?")
He questions in whisper.

>>701595
>"A team doesn't let their friends get hurt!"
KP continues lecturing.

>>701597
>"I trust you'll be singing about my brave adventure against that vulture the next time you do a show," KP says with an excited smile, "Yea, though I was hoping we'd get a new rule. It's no fun if we just do the same thing again."

>>701592
KP looks up as they return to the center room.
>"Yea, two tablets down and two to go! Let's hurry on so we can find that other thing too!"

>>701592
>>701595
When they reach the dark tunnel, KP thinks a moment. Then, he lights his horn and pokes it into Amy's side to try and light up the whole tunnel again like last time.
>Amy Disco Ball [1d10]


>>701592
Pryce nods.
"I'm glad we came to an decision. I'm sure they'll be glad to hear this."
Pryce stands up, extending a hoof for a shake on a deal made.

"Also, if you don't mind answering a question. A friend of mine is looking for somepony named Mfaniyabiashara. Have you heard that name pass through here?"

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.701602

>>701601

"Buuuuut," Amy says as she screws her face up in thought. "Wouldn't a team be letting their friends get hurt if they don't get hurt trying to stop the enemy from hurting them?"

 No.701603

>>701602
>"A good team would prevent anypony from getting hurt period."

 No.701604

>>701603

"So, we're not a good team," Amy nods in conclusion. "That's something we should both work on."

 No.701605

>>701593
"The first of Dawn Paragon - only a few days away from now," Chorazin says. "Though I never took a lot of interest in having days off from my career. When is yours?"

>>701599
The mare sighs. "Darn it, not again. I thought it was just a rather fat little bird when I caught it on the northern outskirts of Red Thunder, but it must be some kind of unclassified magical beast. Well, thank you for trying, I'll see if I can head it off somewhere and get those goods returned. Here's for the trouble."

The mare hands Vice and Trapper both thirty bits, then heads off to chase her bird.

>>701601
"Yes, I promise, I'm fiiiiiiiine," Zjetya says. She then messes up KP's hair. "Amy just likes to talk about adult stuff. Don't worry about it."

>>701601
The demon takes Pryce's hoof, but any attempts to shake it are unsuccessful, as his grip is like steel and inflexible.

"The merchant? Yes, he came in to peddle his wares not very long ago. He should be on the lowest level by the fighters' entrances. He looked to be on hard times, as many merchants who still wander the outside world have been."

>>701595
>>701597
>>701594
>>701601
Remembering the variety of traps that beset you in the tunnel connecting to the northern room, Amy and Flaming keep a sharp eye out, and LJ and Spitshine provide a torch and some flint to help KP and Amy provide light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17rXKlNxHl8

However, something's odd about this tunnel, as it proves unnaturally dark. The darkness oppressively clings around the torch and Amy, causing their light to provide a much smaller radius of illumination than they ought to – a mere three feet on all sides.

Eventually, you see a small blue flame flicker to life before you in a stone basin on the ground, emanating from a tiny pile of wood in the basin. Though the flame is small, it illuminates much more than what Amy and the torch provide, in a ghostly glow which extends about fifteen feet out. Behind you, you hear the heavy grinding of stones, and turn just in time to see a stone wall emerge from the ground and close off the path you just came down.

The vulture's eerie deep voice emerges from the darkness once again: "The second rule is void – the third rule is this: Do not allow this light to be extinguished."

"Oh… I already don't like this," Spitshine says.

 No.701606

"Oh… I already don't like this," Spitshine says.

He obviously says this without the dramatic font.

 No.701607

>>701605
>"We're very sorry," Vice says before the mare leaves.
The two goos look down at the bits they received.
>"You ever feel like sometimes, rewards just aren't necessary?"
>>"If we do a crap job, yeah…"

Flow looks down at the tiny blue flame, then he looks down the tunnel.
"…crap," he says bluntly.

 No.701608

>>701605
"Thank you. And I'm sure the King will be in contact soon."
Pryce says after the handshake, and takes he leave of the office.


>>701605
KP smiles as Zjetya assures she's fine and messes his mane.
>"Ok, let's keep it that way.
He nods
>"But how is breaking stuff an adult thing?"

>>701604
>"That's a good idea."

>>701605
KP keeps close to the others as they walk down the tunnel, a little afraid of this deep darkness. His eyes light up as the blue flame pops through the abyss, looking on curiously.
After the voice bellows out and their exit is block, he looks around in confusion.
>"Do we have to keep it burning here, or are we supposed to take it with us?"
He asks, though he starts to scan the room for anything that's flammable they can add to the flame to help bolster it more.
>Find stuff to burn [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.701609

>>701605
"Mine was just yesterday, the 17th Dusk of Reverie. In the middle of Saint's prominence Tutelage, an Accorsia holiday."

Shei-Sher finds someone official appearing to speak with or another receptionist desk. "Excuse me, Are there any demon wizards on the roster? I would like to see them in action and if you require an opponent I would be much obliged to fill the position."

 No.701610

>>701608

"Yeah!" Amy says enthusiastically and without sarcasm. "So, beat the stuff up before we get hurt, Mr. Hero!"

>>701605
>>701608
>>701607
>>701600

"Don't ALLOW it to be extinguished?" Amy ponders out loud. "What if it goes out by accident? Who would be considered breaking the rule then?"

 No.701611

>>701609
As Pryce steps out of the office, he's surprised to see Shei already there.
"Shei? I thought you were busy."
He says to the goat as he approaches.
"Oh, I also asked about Mfaniyabiashara for you. They said he should be by the fighter entrance."

 No.701612

>>701605
As they step into the room, and the small blue flame extends a ghostly light that extends far beyond what it should, Flaming finds herself captivated by the glow, growing closer as she looks on at the small, but powerful blue flame.

"Woah… it's pretty."

As the third rule makes itself known, Flaming groans along with Flow, "Uh oh… that isn't going to be easy…" she says, looking closely at the flame. She turns to Pryce as he asks, "I think we're supposed to carry it with us, though it wouldn't hurt to try and bolster it here as well. Let's look for something to burn, see if we can make it bigger. Journey, Spitshine, can you try putting your torches in it to see if it catches on?"
[1d10] Also searching for stuff to burn.

>>701610
"I think it's definitely bad if we let it go out 'period'. We have to guard it with our lives… this one's a dangerous rule, this is the only one that can take us ALL out at once if we're not careful!"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.701613

>>701610
>"I will!" KP says, despite his small child size, "Though here we should stop worrying about fights and focus on those tablets."

KP thinks.
>"Maybe we should spread the flame on other things, just to be safe so it'll always be lit."

 No.701614

>>701612

"But, what if it goes out even though we didn't let it?"

>>701613
>>701608

"Hmmm…" Amy ponders as she gingerly taps the flame.

[1d10] to have fire hoof!

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.701615

>>701614
"Then that means we didn't do our job, and so that probably counts as us 'allowing' it to go out. At any rate, even if that's not how it works, I really don't wanna risk it either way: I say we just make sure it doesn't go out, no matter what!"

 No.701616

>>701611
"no, I finished my side of things early so I thought I would check on things on your side. Maybe probe the talent."

>"Oh, I also asked about Mfaniyabiashara for you. They said he should be by the fighter entrance."

"Verily! He completely missed my notice. Thank you Pryce, he could be a great help for our trip to Tartarus."

"RiverSpring and Gjenganger are in the stands watching fights by the way."

 No.701617

>>701607
"She was probably born into wealth," Box observes. "Those who earn their wealth tend to be stingy, but those who grow up with nothing but wealth tend to toss it at anyone, especially to those they think are poor. So, you might consider it kind of insulting."
"Pity rewards…" Mocha clicks her tongue. "Well, don't let your ego be bruised too long. Where shall we go next?"

>>701608
"I'm talking about WHAT she wanted to break," Zjetya says. "Use your imagination."

>>701607
>>701608
>>701610
>>701612
As you look around for fuel for the small blue fire, you don't see anything besides the wood that's in the basin and the wood from LJ's torch.
"I think we'll have to take it with us," Spitshine says. "This darkness is obviously different with how closely it was around Amy and the torch just a moment ago."
"And Flaming's probably right," LJ adds. "They probably won't care what puts out the fire, they'll just punish all of us if it goes out."

The rest of your companions all take one of the smaller pieces of wood, and you see that there's enough left over for everyone to grab one. Spitshine dips the torch into the fire, and the blue flame engulfs the ordinary flame, creating a larger blue plume. "Anyone wanna carry this?"

>>701614
It just burns you like an ordinary flame would. Zophie gawks at you with total confusion.

>>701611
>>701609
"Ah, happy birthday," Chorazin says to Shei, before nodding to Pryce as he returns.

One of the VIP lounge's attendants checks the roster. "Oh yes, there's one here who doesn't have an opponent yet. Appears to be someone in a coffin… a lot of them have rather strange gimmicks, you see. Shall I register you for this fight?"

 No.701618

>>701617
The two goos sigh and look around the marketplace.
>"Well, let's just get something to wash this…taste out of our mouths… I didn't mean literally!"
Trapper's question is answered before he can even open his mouth, and he grumbles before following Vice.
The two goos look around for a place they can get something to eat with their newly acquired dosh.

"I can take it, lad. I only need one hoof for a sword anyways."
He extends his hoof to Spitshine, and brandishes his spear in the other.
"Or spear. Whatever, same difference," he says to no one.

 No.701619

>>701617
As Spitshine pulls up the torch with the blue flame, she shakes her head as she is offered to carry it. "No, thanks. I think I might be better off not carrying it…" she lets out a deep breath, and a small blue flame bellows on her horns as she activates Offering on the Mountain. "With *this*, I can pull our enemies' attention away from you and towards me, so it's safer if I draw attention and you keep the flame."

She looks at the source, frowning, "Hmmm… I wonder, even if we let our torches go out, we can always just come back here and re-light them… which means someone like that vulture god MIGHT come here and snuff it out after we're gone. I really don't like the idea of splitting up, but, does anyone else think we should put a few guards here to keep the original flame safe too?"

 No.701620

>>701617

"Hey! It burns!" Amy says excitedly.

"If we can catch me on fire and keep me on fire, we'll be good!"

"Does anyone have an endless source of oil or something else flammable?"

 No.701621

>>701617
KP thinks on Zjetya means, before shrugging.
>"I don't get it, sorry."

>>701617
KP looks in the basin as there's enough pieces of wood for everypony.
>"I think that bird set this up so we each have our own flame. So we might not have to worry about all of us, but I don't like the feel of this."

>"I'll carry it!"

KP says at Spitshine's offer.
>"Since this isn't the wood they gave us, I'll hold onto it in case anything weird happens."



>>701616
"We've had to deal with so much, I'm surprised somepony of our group got something done quick."
Pryce jokes.
"Did he have good supplies?" Pryce questions, "The boss here mentioned most that come by are down on their luck, so don't get your hopes up."

"I assumed they might have done that while I was in there."

>>701617
As Pryce hears Shei looking for a fight, Pryce gets an idea.
"Are there any 2 on 2 fights open?"
He asks the official.

 No.701622

>>701620
"I am… FASCINATED to see where you're going with this," Zophie says.
"Don't egg her on!" Spitshine says. "What if it kills her?"
Meanwhile, Zjetya stares into her share of the fire, seemingly unaware of anything else that's going on.

 No.701623

>>701617
"Thanks" Shei smiles as Chorazin wishes him a happy birthday.

>Shall I register you for this fight?"

"hm.. Coffin and strange gimmicks. Something about seems eerily familiar to some folklore I've read. Yes sign me for a duel. I wish to square off posthaste with a fellow acolyte."

 No.701624

>>701621
Flaming mumbles, "Hmmm… if there's enough pieces of wood for everyone, then I guess I should take one myself, just as a back up."

>>701620
>>701622
As Amy burns herself, and proceeds to suggest lighting herself on fire, Flaming raises an eyebrow, "Is… is that okay? I mean, I know you use fire when you turn into a wolf but, I thought that was some kind of magic. Can you just set yourself on REGULAR fire too?"

 No.701625

>>701621
>>701617
>"Are there any 2 on 2 fights open?"

"If we're doing double, may as well make it threes. What do you say chorazin?" Shei asks Chorazin to join them if the official can arrange a 3v3

 No.701626

>>701625
"I, uh, was planning to have the doubles be River and I."
Pryce says, stammering slightly.

 No.701627

>>701621
"Mfanyiabiashara is no ordinary merchant. He imbued my Witching Lantern with a portal to transport demons. I imagined he must of be a demonologist of some report if he was interested in procuring demons. But perhaps he only sought them to supply the arena.. In any case we should visit him before we leave the arena. If his powers are of a sufficient echelon then I may be able to commission the creation of a demon that could fare well in Tartarus. It would also be a good time to stock up whatever useful trinkets he might have."

>>701626
"Well bollocks! We can't be here forever Pryce." Shei sighs "Okay, night fall should not be here before our matches are over. I will speak with Mfaniyabiashara during your match but lets try to make our way for the castle before sundown."

 No.701628

>>701624

"I mean… ANYONE can set themselves on fire."

>>701622

Amy notices Zjetya and smiles like she's looking at a cute puppy doing something funny. She puts her hoof over Zjetya's eyes. "Don't go to the flame, little moth."

 No.701629

>>701618
With Ecclesia moving many of the refugees to other strongholds, some of the food merchants have returned. They find a stand selling fried meat and fish, nothing special, but certainly cheap at only five bits per dish. Mocha reaches into her purse as you approach.

>>701621
"I don't think your older half would approve of me explaining it," Zjetya says, before getting distracted by her own share of the fire again.

>>701619
>>701621
>>701618
>>701624
After some deliberation, Spitshine hands the torch to Flow. "The big guy will be harder to knock down. You just hold one of the smaller pieces, kid."

With everyone now carrying a bit of the flame, LJ steps forward. "Are we ready to go?"

"Actually," Zophie says, laying her piece back into the basin. "Flaming's got a good point. We don't know how long this trial will be or if you'll need to restore any of your flames. I'll wait here and guard this first fire in case you need to come back."

>>701625
>>701626
"Oh, I can arrange for a double match easily, just give me the names of those you wish to team up with," the attendant says.
Chorazin shrugs. "Oh, why not. If you're in such a rush, I'll make these matches quick."

 No.701631

>>701628
Just as Zjetya gets distracted again, she comes back to reality once you break her line of sight to the fire. She shakes her head and clears her throat as if nothing were wrong, but nods her thanks and holds the fire off to the side just out of view.

 No.701632

>>701629
"Alright then. It seems Pryce has retracted, but I already have gotten you excited it seems so let's debut our duo." Shei-Sher turns to the official.

"Be certain we are facing your most powerful of magic users. They will be dealing with a tamer and an angel."

 No.701633

>>701628
Flaming stammers, "Well, YEAH, but it's not always a GOOD thing to set yourself on fire! Has it never occurred to you that might kill you!?"

As she notices Zjetya being entranced by the flames, she snickers, "W-woah… I know you're part bug but, is it really THAT strong?"

>>701629
Flaming takes the tinier piece offered to her by Spitshine, before snorting, "Who are you calling 'kid', kid?" She turns to Little Journey, nodding. "Yeah, I'm all set!"

As Zophie offers to stay here and guard the flame, she smiles, "That's a good idea Zophie. You sure you'll be okay here by yourself? We'll come back to get you as soon as we find the tablet."
>If she has no objections, Flaming prepares to move

 No.701634

>>701624
>"Maybe that's why it took so long for the rule to be said. They had to prepare for us."

>>701629
>"Oh alright."
KP says, letting it go.
>"Are you gonna be alright with that?"
He asks as she focuses on the flame.

>>701629
>"Aw, alright."
KP says as he lifts one of the wood pieces out in his telekinesis.

>"But won't your piece burn out in the basin anyways? The test must be enough for us to get through, or will give us more things along the way to keep the fire going. I say we move while we can!"

KP says as he starts to march down the tunnel.


>>701627
Pryce looks down sternly as Shei explains the merchant.
"I do hope you're not planning to get another Lantern from him."
He says, judging slightly.
"But, that does sounds like a good idea given Tartarus' status of a demon jail."

>>701627
"It's one fight, it won't take long."
Pryce defends.

>>701629
"My name is Pryce Etac, and I would like to team up with River Spring for a doubles match."
Pryce says to the attendant to make it official.

 No.701635

>>701633

"I have potions," is Amy's only response.

>>701629

"We could also just light the entire temple on fire," Amy says as she takes a torch and starts walking the only way they can go. "That way, we'll NEVER fail."

 No.701637

>>701634
Shei-Sher responds with a stoney remark "I don't need another lantern. I already have a lantern. If River Spring can call herself my comrade she will understand me taking it for what may be the death of me. If she does not, then I hold no reservations for taking it."

>>701634
>"It's one fight, it won't take long."
"Of course, Of course. Our knight in shining armor will make quick work of those demons." Shei says with listful levity in his tone "I cannot stop you, go enjoy yourself. I will too."

 No.701638

>>701629
Trapper waves a hoof at Mocha.
>>"By all means, lass, I'll pay."
He saunters up to the stand to order a serving of food for the group.

"If we're talking about size, then technically, Shorty is bigger…"
The old goo scratches his head.
"If this flame is so important, shouldn't we leave like…two or three guards around it? It'd be a damn shame if we came back to no flame to light another torch."

 No.701639

>>701634
Flaming nods at Pryce, "Yeah, I guess that would make sense."

>>701635
Flaming shouts at Amy, "Amy, just because you can HEAL the damage doesn't mean you should just take it in the first place!"

>>701638
As Flow compliments her on being bigger, Flaming smiles and turns towards Flow. "THANK you, Flow!"

She pauses to think, "It… IS really important, I'll admit. But who else can we leave? We need a lot of strong fighters WITH us too."

 No.701640

>>701633
Zjetya turns her nose up in mock haughty disdain. "I thought you were above using such common stereotypes."

>>701634
"…As long as I don't look too closely at it," Zjetya says.

>>701634
>>701632
The attendant writes down the entrant information. "As a word of caution, try not to say anyone's name out there. We are safe in the VIP lounge, but Ecclesia has psychic spies all throughout the city looking for tamers and demons. It would be very inconvenient to have them coming around here." He turns to Shei. "Once this trash is out of the arena, you'll be up."

>Once you're ready, we'll skip to Shei's match


>>701638
Trapper pays for the group's food, much to Mocha and Box's gratitude, and you are also able to find a clear spot to sit down on the rim of a great fountain in the market square. The food is fairly good - not the best you've had, but well worth the price. Mocha and Box idly chat about clothing.

>>701635
>>701634
>>701633
>>701638
"You're forgetting that I'm worth twenty guards," Zophie says. "I didn't spend the years sitting around, you know."

With your flames all gathered, you set worth into the darkness, as the collective light from your torches, big and small, illuminates a little more of the path forward. It isn't long before you come to your first obstacle – a deep gap, which you do not see the bottom of. The gap is crossed by a long, narrow stone bridge, just wide enough for a single person to move down at a time, though it looks slick with black mold and mildew, a treacherous path even for those who are quite steady. LJ looks ahead with trepidation. "Any ideas, or are we just going for it?"

 No.701641

>>701639

"Yeeaaaah, but I CAN! And, if it helps, then I should!"

 No.701642

>>701639
Flow shrugs.
"It's true."

>>701640
The two goos quickly consume their average meals.
>"I've been thinking. What do you think Flow's gonna do when all this is said and done?"
>>"Well, I aven't a thought, besides more wanderin. If we even survive through Tartarus in the first place. It's the only thing goos like us can do, specially nowadays, eh?"
Vice nods in agreement, however, his brow remains furrowed in thought.

"I didn't forget, I just… thought you might want some help," Flow replies sheepishly.

When teh party reaches the narrow bridge, Flow peers down into the dark pit, and sucks air though his teeth.
"Man, that's gotta be rough."
He sticks a hoof in the mold to get a feel of what they're dealing with.

 No.701643

>>701642
It seems to just be ordinary mold, a little slippery and damp, presumably from a leak somewhere above.

 No.701644

>>701640
"Huh, I wish I was aware of that earlier. Thank you kind sir."

>Ready!

 No.701645

>>701637
Pryce is silent for a moment to Shei's comment.
"Just try to keep use of it to Tartarus alone."

>>701637
Pryce nods, the mood lifted as they talk about the fights.
"Good luck in your match."

>>701640
"Alright, I'll keep it confidential."
With Shei's match happening first, Pryce heads to the stands to find River and Gjenganger.
"Everything is sorted out with our mission, so we're all good on that front."
He says to them as he takes a seat besides River.
"And, I signed us up for a fight, if you don't mind River."
He says, a little nervously.



>>701639
>>701635
>"That's what I was saying before!"
KP shouts as Flaming shouts at Amy about using healing for stupid plans, as he was just lecturing her about.

>>701640
>"Don't worry, I'll help you get back on pace if you get too distracted."
KP says happily.

>>701640
KP looks at the bridge, a bit slippery, even moreso for those who don't have magic to hold their flames. But he gets an idea.
KP steps up to the edge of the bridge, and tilts his head down to the mold and has his horn spark to try and burn away the grime so they have a clear path.
>Ember [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.701646

>>701643
Flow tries scraping some of the mold with his spear to see what happens. If anything happens.

 No.701647

>>701640

"But, sitting around is all guards do," Amy ponders out loud. "Maybe we should pick someone more practiced at guarding."

Amy tries to burn the mold with her torch.

[1d10] to make things better!

>>701645

"It's my body, it's my choice!" Amy says defensively.

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.701648

>>701640
Flaming chuckles, "I am! It's just… funny, is all. Like a moth to a flame?"

>>701641
>>701645
Flaming sighs, "Well… I guess we've gotten pretty far SO far on injuring ourselves. Why stop what works, right?"

As Kid Pryce yells, she snickers. "Yeah, but, you have to admit, it 'did' work earlier."

>>701640
Flaming nods to Zophie as she offers to stand a firm guard, and moves on ahead with the others. As they march on through the dark tunnels, she looks on ahead at the massive gap ahead of them. She looks down deep into the chasm, shaking slightly from its depths, as she looks around towards the bridge. "Zjetya, are you a fast flyer…? We might need you if one of us happens to fall off…"

She moves over towards the edge of the moldy, grimy bridge as she looks at Amy and Pryce trying to burn away the grime. "They have the right idea, let's make it as safe as we can and then we'll try crossing one at a time."

 No.701650

>>701647
>"Well you're making a bad choice!"
KP retorts.

>>701648
>"If you gotta get hurt pointlessly then I wouldn't say it works."
KP grumbles.

 No.701651

>>701650

"And, I wouldn't say it was pointless!"

 No.701652

>>701645
"Quite good, I was hoping you would, or that we'd have to fight that big head honcho demon in order for him to agree to the terms," River says. "I wanted to get in at least one fight on the off chance that the king does shut the arena down."

>>701642
"Well, the hope is that we'll create a stable country for once, one that'll be safe from demons and mortal warlords alike," Mocha says. "Would he really not want to stick around in a place like that? Survival would be pretty easy there!"

>>701648
"You shush," Zjetya says. But as you request her help as a safety net, she nods and spreads her wings, ready to take off.

>>701645
>>701646
>>701647
Flow is able to scrape away a little of the mold and Amy burns away a little that's closest to them to make the path steady, but KP, as he steps closer to help by burning the rest away, is assaulted by an awful stench of rot coming from the pit far below. The odor is nauseating, and he starts to rock about, veering dangerously close to falling off the edge. He needs to roll to stabilize himself, though someone can help him.

>>701644
>>701645
Once the arena is washed down and bets on the upcoming matches have been placed, Shei's turn to come to the stage finally arrives. He and Chorazin come down to the square stone ring from the northern entrance, and from the southern entrance, they see a long black winged serpent, one with the head of an owl, coiled around a coffin covered in foreign runes. The winged serpent brings out the coffin and places it in the arena, and unclasps a simple latch in its center. It remains closed for now.

When you take the stage, a demon referee raises his hand. "Begin!"

Chorazin simply marks time with her back hoof, apparently playing her cards close to her chest for now.
[1d10+2] Sallus

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.701653

>>701652
>>701650

Amy quickly grabs KP as he starts getting wobbly. [1d10]

"Are you okay?" she asks with concern.

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.701654

>>701652
Both of the goos chuckle.
>"We were born in a place where security was rare. We thrive on danger, it's just what Flow's accustomed to."
>>"The bloke's a vagabond, it ain't like him t' settle down in one place."
>"What worries me the most is Miss Renee… Obviously they've grown…attached to each other, and I doubt he's even paid any mind as to what she'd want to do when things settle down. He wouldn't want to stay tied down in one place, but he probably wouldn't want to leave Renee behind, either."

Flow continues to scrape away at the mold, and extends an arm in front of KP to break his fall, should he fall in the first place.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.701655

>>701651
>"We didn't need to fight at all! We just had to get to the tablet! We could have just dodged the stuff they threw!"

>>701652
KP coughs as teh stench hits him.
>"Ack, wh-whoa. How old is this stuff?"
He gags, trying to keep his senses about him as his body weakens to the odor.

>>701653
KP takes a few breathes to get some fresh air flowing through his nostrils.
>"Y-Yeah, didn't expect that stuff to be so disgusting. Thanks."
KP says as Amy helps him out.

>>701652
He looks at the bridge and how much they have to deal with.
>"Okay, stand back. This worked for the vulture once so it should be good here."
KP says, as he lights his horn to fire off a small firework over the bridge to keep some distance and rain sparks over it more to help burn away the moss faster.
>Firework [1d10]

>>701652
"You were speaking of that last fight pretty fondly. I figured it'd be a nice change of pace for us to fight together instead of against each other for once."
Pryce jokes, given their past.

>>701652
Pryce watches down on the arena fight as it begins to unfold.
"I don't think I've seen her fight. This should be an interesting match."

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.701656

>>701652
>>701653
>>701654
>>701655
Flaming waves at Zjetya as she goes into the dark, ready to act as a safety net, but looks on with horror as PRyce begins to wobble and teeter over the edge of the stone-bridge before Amy manages to grab hold of him. "Phew… nice catch!" She says to Amy and Flow, before looking over at Pryce, "What's the big idea?!"

As he explains the mold to be extra disgusting, Flaming gives a gagging motion, "Bleh… it really smells THAT bad? How bad can it be?" She asks as they continue digging away at the mold.

 No.701657

>>701652
"I hope there's a vampire in that coffin, that would be fun." Shei-Sher raises his staff toward the two opponents and burps in his mouth. A sulfurous fumes steams from the sides of his mouth and a moment after the area surrounding the Serpent and it's coffin are engulfed in a plume of sulpurous fumes that suddenly appear.
>Sulphureous Brume: Recharge 2; Ranged; Pick two targets; This effect spreads a mist around those targets which will either increase their damage received by 2 for 2 turns, or reduce their damage dealt by 2 for 2 turns. Effect is chosen when cast.

[1d10] increase damage recieve by 2

Shei-Sher then pulls out a match, and pheonix bursts out from it
>A Vision of Thralls: Twice per combat; Instant
[1d10+1] summoning Pheo

"I think we should burn that coffin before it has the chance to open." Shei says the Chorazin

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.701658

>>701656
>"It's very bad! This stuff must've been here forever!"

 No.701659

>>701657
>>701652
"Or is that too much?" Shei thinks on second thought about burning the coffin.

 No.701660

>>701655
"I do enjoy a friendly spar, but perhaps this isn't the environment for it," River says. "It's not like the Splatterrock at all."

>>701654
Box scoffs. "Are you crazy? There's no way Renee wouldn't want to be with him. If he wants to wander, I'll bet she'll do the same in a heartbeat. Er, core-beat. Do your cores beat?"

>>701656
>>701655
>>701654
>>701653
With KP saved, you busy yourselves with clearing more of the mold and slowly inching your way across the bridge to scrape away more. As you cross, you can all smell the same rotting stench, but you can tell it's coming from the pit below and not the mold itself. You hear the distant movement of water from the pit, and can only surmise that something down there is moving, slowly and methodically. Along with this, you hear the snapping of great jaws and the grisly, soft crunch of sinew and bone.
LJ gulps with uncharacteristic trepidation.

>>701657
"Ultimately, there are only a few tactics in battle, and it's from these that all other tactics are derived," Chorazin says. "One of these tactics is to simply exterminate them with such overwhelming force and speed that it's not even a fight. So no: Burn the whole thing to a crisp, and then burn it some more just to make sure."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbB8mcM_xS8
The two demons hardly react as the flames engulf them, and the serpent even seems to relish the experience, before its jaw unhinges and an unearthly gutteral groan emanates from within. There is a stirring in the aether all about the arena.

>Paused

 No.701848

>>701660
Before the match begins Shei-Sher ambles down the 1st level back to River and Geng. "River Spring, so I would like to ask two questions. Firstly, do you have my lantern with you?"

 No.701849

>>701848
River Spring nods. "And I assume you want it back?"

 No.701850

>>701848
"Correct" Shei confirms "The lantern facilitates a portal to send demons to a handler once they are weakened. The crowd obviously wants blood but siphoning my opponent into the lantern will look enough like a death to convince them. So what do you say?"

 No.701851

>>701850
River gives it some thought. "Very well. Handle it with care."

She reaches into her bag and hands the lantern to you.

 No.701852

>>701851
"Much appreciated."

 No.701854

>>701852
River scrutinizes you like a hawk as she hands it over. "All I ask is for you to be safe with it - don't endanger yourself or our allies without reason. I don't care what you do to anyone else."

 No.701945

>All at full H/W

Last time on HQ…

KP, Flaming, Amy and Flow began the third trial of the temple of Slipper, a somewhat unconventional and different one – rather than abiding by restrictions on combat, the rule this time was that they could not allow a curious blue flame before them to go out. Everyone took a small portion of the flame, with Flow carrying the main torch, as regular sources of light would not illuminate the unnatural darkness of the tunnel. As they crossed a mold-soaked bridge extending over darkness, they smelled the foul stench of rotting flesh and heard the splashings of water far below them.

Shei began his fight in the hidden demon arena illicitly run in Zha Arlakane, and Pryce had finished negotiations with the arena's owner on behalf of the king. The arena would be allowed to remain open so long as it prevented demons and demon tamers from wreaking havoc in the city state, but Zha would have to provide weapons, armoe and funding in exchange.

Vice and Trapper failed to capture the mare's shapeshifting pet bird, but they got some money for their efforts anyway and got some decent kebabs for it.

Post sheets

 No.701946


 No.701947


 No.701948

File: 1537235064189.jpg (139.05 KB, 1265x1188, shorty.jpg)


 No.701949

>Pryce
"I do enjoy a friendly spar, but perhaps this isn't the environment for it," River says. "It's not like the Splatterrock at all."

>>701947
Box scoffs. "Are you crazy? There's no way Renee wouldn't want to be with him. If he wants to wander, I'll bet she'll do the same in a heartbeat. Er, core-beat. Do your cores beat?"

>>701947
>>701948
>Pryce
>Amy
With KP saved, you busy yourselves with clearing more of the mold and slowly inching your way across the bridge to scrape away more. As you cross, you can all smell the same rotting stench, but you can tell it's coming from the pit below and not the mold itself. You hear the distant movement of water from the pit, and can only surmise that something down there is moving, slowly and methodically. Along with this, you hear the snapping of great jaws and the grisly, soft crunch of sinew and bone.
LJ gulps with uncharacteristic trepidation.

>>701946
"Ultimately, there are only a few tactics in battle, and it's from these that all other tactics are derived," Chorazin says. "One of these tactics is to simply exterminate them with such overwhelming force and speed that it's not even a fight. So no: Burn the whole thing to a crisp, and then burn it some more just to make sure."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbB8mcM_xS8
The two demons hardly react as the fumes engulf them, and the serpent even seems to relish the experience, before its jaw unhinges and an unearthly gutteral groan emanates from within. There is a stirring in the aether all about the arena.

>Breath of Flotsam: Automatic Instant; Recharge 2 after effect ends; Your weapon reeks of the pestilence of the deep, and inflicts a status condition on a successful hit. Effect ends after 3 successful hits.


>Elemental Fusion: Recharge 6 after effect ends; Automatic; Fuse your body with any 1 Elementalist effect you know. You are immune to attacks of your chosen element, and apply your element to any attack you make. Traversing within your chosen element will be a free action. Lasts for 3 turns.


Meanwhile, the coffin's lid peeks open, and a multitude of pitch-black fingers claw at the edges of the opening, swirling with dark energy.

>A Vision of Retribution: Instant; Twice per combat; Can only target self; When an enemy lands a Critical Hit on you, you may make a DC 4 roll to deal a counterattack which deals the same amount of damage to the enemy as you were hit for.

[1d10+2] activating

>Prohibition: Recharge 2; Ranged; Rattle the target's psyche, dealing damage and making them forget one of their skills for 3 turns, preventing them from using it.

[1d10+2] vs Shei

Chorazin leaps at the serpent, jabbing at the spaces between its scales with her saber.
[1d10+2]
[2d3] Sallus' extra damage (turn 1/3)

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #3 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #4 1, 2 = 3

 No.701950

>>701949

"I'm sorry, smelly guys!" Amy calls down to the pits below. "You can't eat us."

[1d10] to continue to clear the mold

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.701951

>>701949
Vice puts a hoof to his mouth in thought.
>"I suppose you're right. I don't know why I have this nagging feeling though… I'm sure I'm just overthinking things. And no, our cores don't beat, they just…float in our bodies."
However, he still looks as if he's in deep thought.

Flow squints as the eerie sounds come up from the pit.
"Sounds like something big is down there…best be careful going across this bridge."
He continues to slowly scrape away at the mold.

 No.701952

>>701951
"There's never a strange feeling in your gut that doesn't have a good cause," Mocha says. "I've been feeling it for weeks now, especially now that I know everyone will be going into Tartarus soon. No matter how much information we gather, it still doesn't change that Mudi, Vizsla and Ecclesia will be greatly unpredictable…"

Everyone continues munching on their food, but the mood is lowered.

 No.701953

https://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM

>>701949
"I don't know, there must be some level of mediation here. The Splatterrock felt more, barbaric, in appearance."


>>701949
KP looks down a he hears snapping.
>"That doesn't sound good. They must be really hungry down there."
He tries to ignore the sounds as his horn keeps spitting out sparks to singe away the mold.
>Burn Mold [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.701954

>>701949
As the sounds of snapping and biting comes from the depths below, Flaming winces in slight fear, backing away from the edge. However, she steels her nerve before long, and leers down into the dark. "Whatever's down there, I'm sure we've faced worse by now! We'll just need to make sure we don't fall."

In order to set an example, as soon as Amy/Pryce finish their attempts at burning away the stinky goop, Flaming steels her nerve, "Alright, I'll try crossing first this time, show you all how it's done. Zjetya, keep a close eye out!"

>When they're finished, she makes an attempt

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.701955

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.701956

>>701952
Vice sighs and continues to eat his food in silence.
>>"Well there's no real need t'worry. A buncha badasses loike us aven't a single thing t' worry about, eh? We'll be fine!"

 No.701957

>>701954
>>701953
>>701951
>>701950
The mold is stubborn with age, but you clear it away with plenty of elbow grease, and the work helps to keep your mind off the smell and the unsettling churning of waters below. Flaming ventures forward out just a hair too far and slips on the mold just ahead, nearly losing her grip on her torch. However, Zjetya leaps ahead with a flash and grabs Flaming by the side, and Flaming catches the torch in her mouth - by the end which doesn't burn, thankfully.

In time you do manage to clear your path and make it to the other end of the bridge, but no sooner than that does more trouble abound. In the darkness beyond, too far past the light of your torches to see, a subtle, insect-like buzzing causes the darkness to tremble. It causes your skin to crawl and stomachs to turn in a primitive, instinctual manner, but you cannot discern the source from here. LJ protectively forms up around Flaming, standing just ahead of her with torch held high.

>>701956
"That's what I keep telling myself…" Mocha says with worry. "But all this talk has to be backed up by something… maybe if I knew more about those three, I'd feel more at ease."

In time you finish your food. It's quite good.

 No.701958

>>701953
"Right but that was just for the show wasn't it? Something about this stripped down, right to the point atmosphere feels more dangerous than all the barbed wire and demons impaled on spikes at the Splatterrock."

 No.701959

>>701957

"Can you talk to them, Zeta?" Amy asks, looking to Zjetya.

 No.701960

>>701959
Zjetya shuts her eyes and lets her wings tremble, held aloft. They tense and flow in rhythm with the trembling.

"I… I'm not sure. Something about them is off from regular insects. I can try, but even if I can, I can't promise they'll listen."

 No.701961

>>701957
Flow grimaces as the buzzing echos through the tunnel. He steels himself, and taps the end of his spear on the ground as he saunters forwards, his torch held up high.
"Now ain't the time t' be scared, lads n lasses. Whatever's down there is going to get a thrashing soon enough."

Trapper waves a hoof.
>>"Ah, y' needn't worry bout it. Like I said, we lot 'ave some of the baddest mortals round these parts."
>"It might be best not to dwell on it further. Let's just wander around some more, there's bound to be something or other to do here."

 No.701962

>>701957
KP gasps as Flaming nearly falls, but breathes once she's caught. He walks a little slower to not slip himself.

>"Hopefully we don't need to do that again."

KP says with a sigh of relief once they make it past the bridge.

He looks into the darkness, feeling queezey at the sound of large bugs in the dark. He floats his torch closer to himself, keeping it protected at the threat of it being blown out.
>"Do they sound friendly Zjetya?"
He asks, wondering if the buzzing says anything.


>>701958
"I'm not sure, but I don't think they were for show at the Splatterrock. That was a full demon city after all."

 No.701963

>>701957
As Flaming walks across the bridge, she feels her hoof slip a moment too late as her eyes bulge wide, eyes fluttering in fear as she scrambles to grab hold of the bridge. "NO! No no no come on come oooo aaaaah-!"
As she's caught mid-air by Zjetya, her panic is not yet sated as she sees she's dropped her blue torch. She quickly springs forwards to nab it inbetween her teeth, and lets out a sigh of relief at last as she keeps it in her teeth. "Thshnx, Zjtsha." She mumbles through it.

As she's finally set down at the other side, she spits her torch out into her hoof and lets out a deep sigh. "THAT was close… g-guess it's a good thing I went first, huh? Someone else might drop their torch."

As the reach the tunnel ahead, she prepares to move forward, but is caught off guard by LJ taking the front of her protectively. She smiles a bit, and moves to behind LJ's position. "Well, I went first that time! Now it's your turn, Journey. Show them how to be a bull."

 No.701964

>>701960

"Well, don't get yourself hurt. They're probably not worth it. And, you've done enough already."

 No.701965

>>701961
>>701962
>>701963
>>701964

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2-5w1gvHBg

As you proceed forward, Flow's torch illuminates a dark mound above you and to the left, built into the corner where the wall meets the ceiling. A dark mass of lumpy wood pulp, it appears to be no more than a wasp's nest, only much larger, and buzzing with activity.

Upon closer inspection, small dark shapes dart about on its surface, viciously crawling about this way and that. The shapes are little clouds of smoke, each glowing with a beady pair of white eyes. At the center of each one, you see a vicious spiked caltrop, old and barbed and rusty. Something about them seems familiar to Flow and he can roll twice to figure out why, the best result of which is taken.

The nest stirs as you move forward, and Zjetya holds up her hooves, buzzing away in return.
[1d10+3] Negotiation
(wait for the result of this)

>>701961
Mocha nods, but seems unconvinced.
"Well, there's always bound to be stuff happening at the arena," Box offers as Trapper begins to wander some more. But then his attention is caught by a help wanted flier on a board. Upon inspection, it seems to be from an unnamed Ecclesian inventor who wants some help testing his newest invention for its practicality as a weapon, in exchange for handsome pay. Interested applicants should meet him at the Fine Shear inn in the eastern bazaar and present the flier at the front desk. Vice knows that it is not far from here.

>>701962
River shrugs. "I suppose we can't just chalk it up to cultural tastes in architecture and aesthetic then… Oh, sometimes I wish I had gone to that school after all."

Roll #1 9 + 3 = 12

 No.701966

>>701965
>>701964
>>701963
>>701962
>>701961
Zjetya backs away from the buzzing nest and then turns back to you. "Well, the good news is that they just want us gone from their territory. Bad news is that they consider EVERYTHING ahead to be their territory."
"Can we sneak past?" Spitshine asks.
"Not when we're the brightest things around."
LJ looks at your blue torches in thought, then around at the rest of the corridor."

 No.701967

>>701965
>>701949
Shei-Sher sends a match like a hot dart, zipping a glowing line towards the lock the coffin.
>CURSE OF IRON+1: Recharge 3; Heats up the weapons and armour of the target to a red hot blaze, burning those who touch them. Disarms the target as well as deals damage, and makes their weapons impossible to pick up for a turn afterwards. Autocrits heavily armoured targets.
[1d10+1] making the lock become glowing hot

Shei then runs in to slam his hammer squarely upon the glowing red coffin lockpad.
>I Dream of Alchemy+2: Instant; Thrice per session; Forge a small- to medium-sized object out of a natural elemental source, such as water or earth. If this object is a weapon
[1d10+2] Smash the melted lock into locking the coffin.

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 3 + 2 = 5

 No.701968

>>701965
>>701966
Flow squints at the small shapes zipping back and forth, and tries to recall what they are.
[1d10]
[1d10]
"Well, you can't ask if we can just… pass peacefully? Those things look like they can shred us like chicken…"

Vice takes a closer look at the flier, and turns to the others.
"I think we have a new point of interest…"
Trapper rubs his hooves together.
>>"Aye! A new kind of weapon, eh? I'm sure Flow'd love the chance to get 'is hooves on it!… If it even works. And we'd be the perfect guinea pigs!"
>"I doubt we'd be able to keep his invention, but it's worth going to see what it is, anyways."
Trapper snatches the flyer up and reads over it again.
Vice shrugs and leads the foursome to the Fine Shear inn, hoping he's at least guiding them the right way.

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.701969

>>701965
>>701966
Flaming stares ahead at the dark, obscured figures skittering around the tunnel, looking up towards the hive in particular as Zjetya tries to communicate with them

Upon completing the negotiations, she pauses, humming. "Hmmm… we could try covering them with something but, I don't know what we have that would be thick enough to keep the torches covered without putting them out at the same time. Do you think we could distract them…?"

She pauses, "Wait, Zjetya, you remember how you were really drawn to the flame at first?! Do you think we could somehow pull them 'all' out with one big enough and then sneak past while they're all occupied with it?"

 No.701970

>>701965
>>701966
>"They can't do that, we gotta get through there!"
KP protests.
>"Hmm, could we trade with them? Or do a favor to get by?"
KP asks Zjetya to ask the wasps.


>>701965
"If demons have a culture we could."
Pryce comments.
"What school?"
He questions.

 No.701971

>>701965
Pheo unleashes a blaring light upon the enemies
>Blinding Flare: Recharge 2; A dazzling display of light blinds foes, Dazing them and lowering their damage by half.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.701972

>>701966
>>701968
>>701969
>>701970

"I say we just burn everything!" Amy says excitedly with her tail wagging.

 No.701973

>>701972
"That's also an idea, but, I don't know… what if we make them mad? The bugs I mean, there sure are a lot of them."

 No.701974

>>701968
Flow recalls a snippet about the concept of "weapon spirits" – a folktale among nomadic warriors about weapons that come alive after getting a taste of blood, but that become vengeful and restless if they do not get to fight after that first taste – and realizes that these must be them. He can roll again to try to find out more.

>>701969
"Bugs do like bright lights," Zjetya says. "Can you make a big one? I don't want to give up any of the torches we have."

>>701969
>>701968
>>701970
>>701972
Zjetya relays KP's and Flow's messages to the wasps. [1d10+3] (Wait for result)

>>701971
>>701967
>Will respond to these on Friday during TQ, along with Pryce's fight, for the sake of time

>>701970
"I had a chance once to become an architect's apprentice and enroll in a school, but the thought of being their dutiful servant drove me away. I can only imagine just how different my life would've turned out…" she sighs.

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.701975

>>701973
>>701972
>>701970
>>701969
Zjetya quickly backs away as the buzzing grows more intense. "Nope, nope nope. They're not having it. Wasps get angry REALLY quickly. Sometimes I think that's the only emotion they actually know."

LJ taps his hoof for attention. "In the last trial, Zjetya and Amy took out the slimes by tricking them into breaking the rule that you couldn't attack from the front. What if there's a light they have to guard as well? If we put that out, we'd get right past 'em… but this is a pretty dangerous option."

>>701968
You head on over to the bustling inn and present the flier at the desk as instructed. The receptionist directs you to a second floor rec room. When you get to the second floor, you see an older looking Ecclesian researcher sitting at the back - the only Ecclesian in the inn, in fact. An older pony with gray mane and beard and a stained coat, looks very discouraged, slumping over a glass of tea with his face propped up on his hoof.

 No.701976

>>701972
>"What if we end up burning something important?"

>>701975
>"But I don't see a light on them, unless it means they can't put out our fire which leaves us safe! …Oh, aside from any stinging. Hmm. We don't have any kind of repellent either. Maybe we should just run for it?"


>>701974
"Well, I like the outcome you got," Pryce says, trying to lighten the mood, "And you could always go back and study it. After all this demon nonsense."

 No.701977

>>701974
Flaming frowns, "I think I can, my horns glow to various degrees when I'm using my more divine abilities, but I'm not sure just how brightly they'll glow. Amy can make a whole bunch of fire too obviously, but we don't have any fuel to burn, do we… or, would all that gunk we were cleaning off the bridge make a good bonfire?"

>>701975
Flaming winces as Zjetya quickly backs away from the swarm. "No need to tell me twice, Zjetya. I've had bad experiences with wasps before. They sting when they're LITTLE, I don't wanna see what they do when they're this big."

She looks to Journey, smiling, "That's a great idea, Journey! Just, I don't know where they would keep a flame of their own. Inside of their hive, do you think? I can't see any light coming from down the tunnel that they'd want to protect."

 No.701978

>>701974
Flow grits his teeth, and tries remembering more about the creatures.
"Piss… if these are what I think there are, we might have a solution on our hands."
>knowledge!
[1d10]

>>701975
Vice and Trapper go up to the dejected looking pony, and hold up the flyer.
>"Excuse me, are you the one who put up this flyer?"
>>"We were interested in givin' you a hoof! In the name of science!"
Vice elbows Trapper.
>"In all seriousness, we came to offer assistance."

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.701979

>>701978
Flow knows that weapon spirits are vicious fighters but not very smart and can easily be tricked. Both blood and weapons make good bait and distractions for them, even if they are of low quality. They are however vulnerable to fire, as many spirits are.

 No.701980

>>701979
And being the good Samaritan he is, he conveys this to the party.
"…if you want me to use my weapons as bait, you're dead wrong."

 No.701981

>>701978
With dark circles under his eyes, the researcher looks up, then smiles. "Oh, what a surprise! I didn't think anyone was going to answer me after all. I've been waiting days for applicants, even though most other requests get taken up very quickly these days. Probably since my request doesn't have anything to do with demons…" he grumbles.

"But enough chit chat. Let's get right to it." The researcher pulls out a pair of rectangular wooden boards, reinforced by a metal frame on the underside, which has two pairs of wheels attached to the bottom of the frame at the front and back end. "I am attempting to increase our troops' mobility and maneuverability in battle by equipping them with these small personal vehicles, but I haven't quite gotten the balance right on them, and nobody wants to try them. Would you mind taking these for a spin and seeing how well they work for you? If you can get data on both urban environments and in the rocky plains outside the city state, I will pay you well."

 No.701982

>>701977
"That stuff?" Spitshine asks, looking back in disgust. "We COULD, but we'd have to book it quick once it's burning. The fire would release all the spores into the air, and if we breathe that in, we'd be out of commission quick – possibly for weeks."
"But it might affect these wasps as well," LJ says. "How quick can everyone run?"

>>701976
>>701977
"That's the only place they could be hiding it," LJ confirms.

 No.701983

>>701975

"But, if we put it out, wouldn't we be losing too?"

>>701976

"Then, the temple is gone and that makes our job easier!"

 No.701984

>>701976
"Something tells me the school isn't standing anymore," River says. "And I'll have my hooves full with the wounded once the battle is done…"

 No.701985

>>701980
>>701979
>>701982
Flaming looks at Flow, rubbing her chin, as they discuss the notions of distraction via burning the gunk or by using the weapons as lures. "The weapons wouldn't release all the spores, and we'd be safe from that… but, I don't really have any weapons to spare, I don't really make a practice of using them. I don't know if we have any we could just throw away as bait."

"The gunk releasing those spores to hurt them too sounds like it would be useful. I don't know about everyone else, but I can run pretty darn fast to get away from it once we get the fire going."

>>701982
"That it is… but, that's also destroying the NEST. That 'really' would make them mad, and then we'd be in for it if we're wrong and it's not in there, or if we can't put out the flame fast enough… if it IS a flame though, maybe we don't need to bust it open. If we can just close up all the holes and deprive it of air, it should go out on its own just like any other flame, right?"

 No.701986

>>701983
"I don't think so," LJ says. "That seems like it'd be going against the spirit of the rule in favor of a more legalistic interpretation… but the vulture god does seem to be kind of a dick."
"Well, if that's true, then the wasps can't put out our fire because then they'd break the rule and get turned into hieroglyphs," Zjetya points out. "So then we could just use the fire as a shield!"

 No.701987

>>701983
>"But what if it burns up the tablets and makes them not work!"

>>701982
>"Hmm, don't think we could get close to it enough to put a flame out. I think just running for it might be the best. We can't sit around too long or our torches might burn out."


>>701984
"It doesn't have to be there, you could go anywhere. And that's why I said after all this business is done."
Pryce says, before he looks down in thought.
"I haven't even thought about what would go on after this battle is done."

 No.701988

>>701987
"You don't seem like the type to settle down to a farm," River says. "Figure you'll wander the world some more?"

 No.701989

>>701981
Vice scratches the back of his head.
>"Erm…how exactly are you supposed to use this thing?"
He looks up and down the modest-looking contraption.
>>"Yeah, we'll give it a shot, mate!… Just show us 'ow it works first."

>>701982
"Not very," Flow says bluntly.

>>701985
"…I might have one or two…"
Flow says as he stows away his spear, and pulls out his twinblade.
"Wait… when did I get this?" he ponders aloud.

 No.701990

>>701987

"Then the door will be burnt and nothing will be in our way!"

 No.701991

>>701989
The researcher looks up to make sure nobody's looking, then hops on the board, rolling around back and for for a little bit. "It looks simple, but is tricky until you get a sense for balance. It's the kind of thing where one day of experience is better than a million explanations. I've made them sturdy enough where you can even try to do some tricks on them. If you could try a few for yourself and report on them, I'd throw in a bonus."

 No.701992

>>701991
Vice and Trapper both look at each other then back to the researcher.
>"…uh…"
>>"We'll do it!"
Trapper is already thinking of what he can do on the simple board.

 No.701993

>>701992
The researcher hands over the two boards. "Have fun! Oh, but watch out for the guards. I've gotten more than a few lectures for them after some past prototypes of mine went haywire."

 No.701994

>>701990
>"But then we couldn't get Blessings back!"

>>701985
>"Ohoh! I got an idea! What if we just lit a small flame near the hive, so that way they can't chase us without leaving the hive alone near the open fire! So that way they'd stay to keep their home safe and let us pass."



>>701988
"I think I might. There is a lot of strife out there still, and that show did do wonders at Fantasia. Maybe I could start my own travelling show."

 No.701995

>>701994
River smiles, evidently thinking back fondly on her role in the show. "Would be nice to hang up my labcoat and reprise my role in the performance."

 No.701996

>>701994

"Oh yeah…"

 No.701997

>>701993
Vice and Trapper both nod.
>"We'll be careful, sir, thanks for the warning, but what about-"
He turns to Mocha and Box, and looks down at their legs.
>"…er, never mind."
They bid the researcher farewell, and exit the inn. As soon as they're outside, Trapper looks around, and hops on the board to get a feel for it.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.701998

>>701997
Trapper immediately faceplants, much to Box's amusement and Mocha's confused worry.
"Is… is it turned on properly? What even is it?" she asks.

 No.701999

>>701989
>>701994
"Let's combine the two ideas, just to make sure we really get their attention. We'll leave some less important, disposable weapons by the fire we light so they catch more light. The hornets will have to go after it to keep their hive safe, and we can make a run for it with the torches in the mean-time!"

She turns towards the gunk, "Now, the only question is, do we want to use the gunk as fuel? The fumes it releases might disorient them too."

 No.702000

>>701998
Trapper pulls his face off of the ground and shakes his features back on.
>>"Y'don't turn it on, lass, it's just a simple board with wheels. And what do you do with boards on wheels?"
He hops back on, and pushes off with a rear hoof.
>>"Ye gotta push it!"
[1d10]

Vice blinks and looks at his board.
>"Is that how they work?… I mean, it makes sense, you can use one of those dolly things that you can use to haul large things with. This is just a dolly made for transporting… ponies."

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.702001

>>702000
This time, the board slips out from underneath Trapper and rolls into a nearby wall, while Trapper falls flat on his rear.

"I see… a genius invention," Mocha says, bringing the board back over to Trapper. "But hard to master."

 No.702002

>>701999
"I don't like that word, 'might'. We haven't a clue as to whether or not they're more than just spirits inhabiting weapons."

>>702001
>"It seems so…"
He hops on his board to see if he can balance on it himself, while Trapper grumbles and retrieves his board.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.702003

>>701999

"They're bugs, they might just like it."

 No.702004

>>701995
"I wouldn't have it any other way. I doubt the show would have been half as successful without you."


>>701999
>"Might as well, I don't see much else we could burn that'd last long enough for us to get by."

 No.702005

>>702002
>>702003
>>702004
"I guess there's a chance it might not work, but, Pryce is right: I don't see much of anything else we can use as fuel besides the gunk off the bridge. And there's a chance the fumes MIGHT work too. If it backfires, just leave it to me: I promise I'll get everyone through the smog."

 No.702006

>>702005
"…would I be affected? I haven't a need to breathe in the first place."

 No.702007

>>702006
"…good question. I was actually about to ask 'you', um… you don't need to you, you know, breath and stuff? Like, a normal pony does?"

 No.702008

>>702007
Flow shakes his head.
"No. When we were up in the clouds, I didn't need to hold my breath…because I don't need to breathe."

 No.702009

>>702005
>>702004
>>702003
>>702006
Zjetya, LJ and Spitshine nod, stretching their limbs to prepare to bolt. "I've got some dinky daggers that can be replaced if we need to give up some stuff as bait," Spitshine says. "Whenever you're ready."

>>702002
Vice is able to maintain his balance on the board. Mocha looks back at her frame and frowns, evidently wanting to join in on the fun. "Too bad…"

>>702004
River beams with pride. "Oh of course not, who do you think they came to see, me or you?"

 No.702010

>>702005
>"Alright, let's do this!"

>>702009
KP also prepares himself, ready to run once the fire is lit.


>>702009
"Any magician can do tricks. But you were a true showpony out there, a real star shining on the stage."

 No.702011

>>702009
Flow spins his twinblade idly, waiting for the mark.

Vice shakily rears his leg down and tries pushing off to get the board rolling. His entire body is rippling, and his legs are wobbling hard.
>"O-oh boy…this sh-shouldn't be too hard, right?"
[1d10]
Meanwhile, Trapper hops back on his board to give it another try.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.702012

>>702009
>>702010
Flaming nods, scraping at the ground with her hooves in anticipation as she tries to help gather up some gunk to light aflame for the wasps to be drawn to, "Soon as it's lit, we take off. Everyone keep an eye on everyone else, if anyone falls we're going to need to get them up and going quick. If they start to focus on us again, I'll use my Offering on the Mountain to draw them away."

 No.702013

[1d10] Starting up the fire

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.702014

>>702013
>>702012
Seeing Flaming having some trouble, KP sparks his horn to help start up the fire a little quicker.
>Ember [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.702015

>>702014
>>702013

"THIS is how you make a fire," Amy says with pride as she spits a spark of holy fire at the mess that they're making.

[1d10+3] Wrath to start a fire

Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.702016

>>702012
>>702011
>>702010
>>702014
Flaming gathers up quite a bit of the foul-smelling mold that you scraped away from the bridge, making a small and rotten pile of gunk near the base of the mound, just as close as you can get it without angering the small caltrop-wasps any further than they've already been made angry. Between Flaming's spirit-fire and KP's sparks, you're having trouble setting it aflame. However, Amy's sudden plume of fire causes the mold to be engulfed and release its toxic spores into the air. Suddenly, the buzzing intensifies as the smoke engulfs the dark nest, and while many of the caltrop-wasps drop to the ground, others fly out in a frenzy, buzzing and darting about in madness.

https://youtu.be/ULFZVBa2Zgo

As the wasps start to freak out, Spitshine tosses his parrying dagger below the nest to try to appease them, then he, Zjetya and LJ dart down the hallway to escape the poisonous fumes and the angry wasps.

[1d10+1] Just doing their rolls as a whole for convenience's sake

>>702011
The goos are unsteady at first but eventually manage to remain on their boards without falling, while a few passerby stop to try to figure out what they're doing.

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.702017

>>702015
Flaming lets out a whoop as Amy gets the flame going by the sludge, moving off to the side as the others prepare to run. "Woooh! Alright, that'll do it! Everyone, let's get moving, now!" She says as she takes out of the gate with the others, keeping a close eye on Spitshine, Zjetya, and Journey as well as they take off running with the hive riled up
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.702018

>>702010
River pulls away. "Alright, c'mon now, don't oversell me. The others were invaluable in making that all come to life."

 No.702019

>>702016
Flow tosses his twinblade at the cloud of caltrop wasps and books it as fast as he can.
"Woah, it did kinda sorta worked!"
He scoops up Spitshine as he darts down the tunnel.
>running
[1d10]
>scooping
[1d10+3]

Trapper tries lifting his front hooves, and takes a small step back to see if he can balance the board on its rear wheels.
[1d10]
Meanwhile, Vice gives the board a big push, but not before sheepishly smiling at the crowd.
>"U-uh, nothing to see here folks, just uh…riding on these board things."
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 8 + 3 = 11 / Roll #3 6 = 6 / Roll #4 7 = 7

 No.702020

>>702016
KP stumbles back as Amy makes the flame burst wildly, almost getting singed himself.
>"Whoa, now that's a fire!"
As the wasps start to grow chaotic, KP snaps back to the whole reaon for the fire, and quickly darts down the hallway to get past the bugs.
>Run [1d10]


>>702018
"They did, and I wouldn't undersell them. But I am most definitely not overselling you, I swear."
Pryce says seriously.
"I picked you as my partner for the show for a reason. I really couldn't have done it without you. For my part at least, you were responsible for it being so spectacular."

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.702021

>>702016
>>702017

"Yay! Fire! It's been so long since I started one!" Amy laughs as she runs away from the chaos.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.702022

>>702021
Flaming chuckles as she run, "You *like* starting fires, huh?"

 No.702023

>>702019
Trapper and Vice find their movements coming more naturally to them as they ride about on the boards, and a kind of natural confidence manifests within as a result. A few onlookers remain curious, while others go about their way, while Box and Mocha look on with fascination.
"Race! Race! Race" Box starts to chant.

>>702017
>>702020
>>702019
>>702021
Everyone sprints down the corridor, and in time you overtake Zjetya, Spitshine and LJ as you all escape from the deadly fumes and the frenzied wasps. But as the buzzing diminishes in the background, many shapes can be seen ahead of you, each clutching their own small blue flame: bipedal figures, ghostly apparitions without face or feature, wielding ragged old weapons coated in rust and age. These must be other kinds of weapon spirits.

You are able to duck around their attacks easily, with Flow being able to rescue Spitshine from being smashed by one wielding a mace, but LJ and Zjetya are not so fortunate, being struck by two others as they try to run around them while also protecting their flames. In total, there are five weapon spirits, each holding a blue fire. Meanwhile, from behind, you hear the buzzing getting louder as the remaining angry wasps try to catch up.

The weapon spirits try to attack LJ and Zjetya's flames while they are stunned from the first attacks.
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2

 No.702024

>>702020
River looks away bashfully and can only manage a somber smile.

 No.702025

>>702023
Flaming turns as they charge down the corridor, noticing the new weapon spirits with the blue-flames as they attack at LJ's flame. "Oh no! Journey, look out!" She cries as she turns away from running for a brief instance, leaping up to try and block the attack on his behalf by head-butting the attacking weapon of the spirit away from his flame
[1d10] attempt to deflect away from LJ

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.702026

>>702023
Trapper grins and tries to see if he can bounce the board in the air, while Vice is barely starting to try a manual.
[1d10]
[1d10]
>"A-a race?! We can hardly ride these things, let alone race in them!"
>>"Ah, doesn't mean we can't 'ave a good ol fashioned race, eh laddie? Oi! Who wants to see something sick!?"


Flow puts Spitshine on his back.
"Hold on lad, we haven't a second to waste."
He screeches to a halt and goes back to pick up LJ.
"Come on son, a warrior has no place on the ground!"
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 10 = 10

 No.702027

>>702023
KP turns around as he outpaces Zjetya and sees her get struck. His horn lights brightly as he tries to tug her forward so her flame is not assaulted, and to help get her moving again.
>Tug Moth [1d10]


>>702024
"Is something wrong?"

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.702028

>>702022

"W-well, I used too…" Amy says evasively.

>>702023

Amy leaps at the weapon spirit going for LJ. She wraps her mouth around the spirit's blue flame to snuff it out.

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.702029

>>702027
"As we were performing, it was one of the most beautiful times in my life. From my earliest memories, there are so few times that I can look back on and be happy about. But the show – I would give anything for it to have lasted forever. But it won't come back… neither will everyone come back from Tartarus. It was one of the final times we would all be together as a group, as a family. I know this is true. You feel it too, don't you?"

>>702026
Spurred on by success, Trapper and Vice perform their acrobatic feats, earning applause from Box and Mocha.
"Yeah c'mon, the researcher wanted data, right? Let's see what these things can do!" Mocha says. "Gotta earn your pay right?"

>>702025
>>702026
>>702028
>>702027
Flaming intercepts the attack from the spirit, giving Flow a window of opportunity to yank LJ out of the line of fire. As the spirit stumbles back, Amy engulfs its flame by simply eating it, and it is small enough to be extinguished before it can burn her mouth. The spirit dissipates, its body crumbling into hieroglyphs.

As the buzzing grows closer and the spirits turn their attention to you, you find yourself in the middle of the two.

"Thanks for the save, Flow, but forget this fight!" LJ says, starting to run again. "We have to keep these fires lit!"

[1d10+1] he, Zjetya and Spitshine try to keep up the pace.
The spirits try to deter your progress while the furious wasps catch up.
[1d10+1] Amy
[1d10+1] Flaming
[1d10+1] Flow
[1d10+1] KP

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #3 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #4 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #5 8 + 1 = 9

 No.702030

>>702029
Pryce is silent.
"…I've tried not to think about it. It's hard to think about losing anypony else, even though it fees inevitable at this point."


>>702029
With everypony safe, KP turns to keep running with the pack. As he sees the spirit running towards him, KP panics and pops off a firework to try and distract it while he runs.
>Firework Distraction [1d10]
>Run [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.702031

>>702028
Flaming chuckles, "SOUNDS like you still do!"

>>702029
>>702026
Flaming lets out a gasp as she manages to push the weapon spirit's arms out of Journey's path, and then looks on as Flow scoops the downed buffalo up. She lets out a sigh, "Thanks Flow! I owe you one!" She cries out graciously, then looks on as Amy extinguishes its flame.

"Uh oh….! Okay, we know how it works now! NO ONE can let their individual flame go out, guard it with your lives!" She cries out, moving to run ahead with the others as Zjetya is pulled out by KP. "Ignore all of them, just move it!"
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.702032

>>702029
Vice's legs are considerably less wobbly, and he nods.
>"S-sure, I suppose a race wouldn't hurt anyone."
>>"Aye, now tha's that spirit, laddie. Miss Mocha, would you be so kind as to announce the start?"
Both of the goos prepare their boards, one rear leg on the ground, ready to push off.

"Aye lad, that we do."
He takes off once more, and this time, brandishes Schlangenschwert to swing behind him.
"Oi sonny, grab a weapon and swing at those buggers," he addresses Spitshine, on his back.
>runnin
[1d10]
>swingin
[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

>>702031
"You aven't owing me a thing, this was a freebie," he shouts with a grin.

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 5 + 4 = 9 / Roll #3 10 + 4 = 14

 No.702033

>For her other action, Flaming lets out a small prayer for Flow, her horns glowing slightly
>Prayer for Salvation: Automatic; Recharge 2; The target's next recovery from Helplessness will be an Automatic Instant action, and the target will get +1 to all future attempts to get up until the end of combat.
>Targeting Flow

 No.702034

>>702032
"Okay fine! Then I will get *you* a freebie some time!"

 No.702035

>>702029

"Can't fight them all here," Amy says as she turns to run, passing by the weapon spirits.

[1d10] for runnin

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.702036

>>702030
"Let's make sure we spend the last hours of the final day with them. No adventures, no demons - besides Busta, Volkama and Deriva - and no fighting. Let's make sure they don't go without knowing what they mean to us."

River curls in close and kisses you.

>>702032
"Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaady?" Mocha asks, raising her foreleg with excitement. "Aaaaaaand go!"

>>702030
>>702031
>>702032
>>702035
You rush around the weapon spirits, protectively carrying your flames from further harm as you escape with a few scratches here and there, though nothing too severe, apart from Amy and Flaming who fall behind and take the worst of the blows on their backs and sides from spirits wielding shrapnel-filled clubs. Flow strikes at the weapon spirits, toppling them and throwing them off your trail.
>Flow loses 4 Hits
>KP loses 4 Hits
>Amy loses 5 Hits
>Flaming loses 2 Hits

Up ahead, through the light of your fires, you see a sharp downward slope, and hear water far below you. Each side of the corridor has a narrow set of stairs leading downward, while between them is a smooth slide, slick with water.

However, the caltrop-wasps are far faster than the clumsy bipedal spirits, and soon they are upon your tails, fuming with anger as a dark cloud of metal and smoke! Spitshine readies Flow's claymore, glaring up at the dark insects!

>To be continued


>Paused

 No.702179

Sheets

 No.702180


 No.702181

File: 1537839020381.jpg (89.03 KB, 900x538, flaming_bison_by_jet3270-d….jpg)


 No.702182


 No.702183


 No.702184


 No.702185

>Amy 2/4
>Flaming 6/7
>Flow 6/5
>KP 1/5

All else at full H/W

Last time on HQ…

Amy, Flaming, KP, Flow and their entourage proceeded into the dark tunnel, before their path forward was threatened by a wasp-like cluster of malevolent weapon spirits - spirits of weapons that have gotten a taste for blood and begun moving on their own. These spirits, a group of caltrops which acted like wasps, warned them to leave, as this tunnel was their territory, but the party had no choice but to proceed forward to complete their trial, and so stunned the wasps temporarily with a cloud of poisonous smoke created by burning mold.

Pryce hung out with River, while Vice and Trapper began assisting an eccentric Ecclesian weapons developer with a new, unnamed device - a narrow wooden board with four wheels. Shei began his arena fight with a pair of demons, now with Chorazin on his side as an ally.

 No.702186

>>702181
>>702182
>>702184
>>702180
You rush around the weapon spirits, protectively carrying your flames from further harm as you escape with a few scratches here and there, though nothing too severe, apart from Amy and Flaming who fall behind and take the worst of the blows on their backs and sides from spirits wielding shrapnel-filled clubs. Flow strikes at the weapon spirits, toppling them and throwing them off your trail.

Up ahead, through the light of your fires, you see a sharp downward slope, and hear water far below you. Each side of the corridor has a narrow set of stairs leading downward, while between them is a smooth slide, slick with water.

However, the caltrop-wasps are far faster than the clumsy bipedal spirits, and soon they are upon your tails, fuming with anger as a dark cloud of metal and smoke! Spitshine readies Flow's claymore, glaring up at the dark insects!

>>702183
>Pheo unleashes a blaring light upon the enemies
>Blinding Flare: Recharge 2; A dazzling display of light blinds foes, Dazing them and lowering their damage by half.
>[1d10: 10]
Shei-Sher sends a match like a hot dart, zipping a glowing line towards the lock the coffin.

>CURSE OF IRON+1: Recharge 3; Heats up the weapons and armour of the target to a red hot blaze, burning those who touch them. Disarms the target as well as deals damage, and makes their weapons impossible to pick up for a turn afterwards. Autocrits heavily armoured targets.

[1d10+1: 3] making the lock become glowing hot

Shei then runs in to slam his hammer squarely upon the glowing red coffin lockpad.
>I Dream of Alchemy+2: Instant; Thrice per session; Forge a small- to medium-sized object out of a natural elemental source, such as water or earth. If this object is a weapon
[1d10+2: 5] Smash the melted lock into locking the coffin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbB8mcM_xS8

Pheo lights up the arena with her flare, causing the hands inside the coffin to retreat momentarily. Yet as you attempt to strike, the hands inside the dark coffin bat away your match, glowing with dark magical energy, and an array of black arrowheads stream from the fingertips.
[1d10+2] Magic Bolt

As Chorazin jabs at the owl-serpent, her saber wedges between the spaces of the scales, and the demon takes the chance to coil around her and squeeze violently, as its body appears to transmutate into fire.
[1d10+2] Attack with Breath of Flotsam: Burn and Fire Element

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 5 + 2 = 7

 No.702187

>>702182
"Let's make sure we spend the last hours of the final day with them. No adventures, no demons - besides Busta, Volkama and Deriva - and no fighting. Let's make sure they don't go without knowing what they mean to us."

River curls in close and kisses you.

 No.702188

>>702186
"Baah!" Shei bleats with frustration as he strikes another match against the lock
>CURSE OF IRON+1: Recharge 3; Heats up the weapons and armour of the target to a red hot blaze, burning those who touch them. Disarms the target as well as deals damage, and makes their weapons impossible to pick up for a turn afterwards. Autocrits heavily armoured targets.

[1d10+1]

And then begins wailing on the glowing hot lock with the hammer of his staff. [if hot irons doesn't succeed shei doesn't take this action]
>I Dream of Alchemy+2: Instant; Thrice per session; Forge a small- to medium-sized object out of a natural elemental source, such as water or earth.

[1d10+2]


Pheo lets out a piercing cry as she swoops down to Chorazin's sword. Her body becoming wreathes of fire that meld with Chorazin's weapon.
>Malleable Morphology: Passive; Fusing with any small-sized object becomes Automatic; if it is a weapon, it gains the Fire element and +1 to all actions done while using it. Can be used outside combat to meld into larger objects and interact with them (with reasonable limits varying by object size). If the object is broken, Pheo loses 1 wound and is ejected automatically.

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 7 + 2 = 9

 No.702189

>>702186
KP looks down the stars and the slide, quickly trying to weigh the options of both as the buzzing of the wasps draws in closer.
>"Hopper, hold on!"
KP instructs to his froggy friend as he hops onto the water slide, holding his torch up high in his magic as he takes the quick route down.


>>702187
"That sounds nice, I couldn't think of a better way to spend that day."
Pryce comments, before being caught by surprise by the kiss. A little red flushes his face.
"Though right now is a close second."
He says, quickly regathering his composure as he wraps a wing around River.

 No.702190

>>702186

"No time!" Amy shouts as she just jumps onto the slide, holding her torch in her mouth. She stays near the stairs so she can grab onto them quickly before she hits the bottom.

[1d10] to get ready to grab stairs (or just grab them depending on how fast this slide is)

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.702191

>>702186
Flow shakes his head.
"Oh no. No no no, I'm a dead slime if I fall in there!"
He looks to the left and right before going down the right staircase.
[1d10]

Vice and Trapper both push off the ground and begin the race proper.
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]
>>"C'mon lad, let's give these blokes a proper show!"
>"I'll take you up on that offer. Winner gets a date with Mocha?"
Trapper immediately shuts up and starts pushing off the ground to gain more speed.

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 3 = 3

 No.702192

>>702186
>>702185
Flaming grunts as they take the blows from the weapon spirits, happily accepting them however it if helps the others who had fallen behind to get a chance to catch up.

As they reach the slope and see the slick, watery slide leading down into the depths below, Flaming grips her flame ever more tightly. "That's not good… if we fall in there, our torches are as good as gone! Everyone should stick to the si-"

As the buzzing of the wasps soon make their presence known, Flaming looks back at them with fear, before giving her torch to Journey.

"Take my torch! I'm going to try and lead them away from you all, keep it lit!" She says, before activating her blue horns and taking off down the dry path on the side.
>Activating Offering on the Mountain to draw them away from my flame / the others

 No.702193

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.702194

>>702186
[curiosity roll]
Pheo melds with the serpent
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.702195

>>702191
>>702192
You bolt down the stairs as the wasps futilely sting at the space you leave behind. Soon enough you are at the bottom of the stairs, where it connects to a dry walkway against the wall. However, despite Flaming's ability, you hear the buzzing start to recede. The wasps don't follow you any further than halfway down the stairs, clumping together and floating in place as if there were some invisible wall they can't pass, but their dark eyes gleam at you.

>>702189
>>702190
You quickly starts sliding down the slick ramp, finding it a much faster escape route than the stairs, as you leave the wasps behind. But the light of the torches reveals something quite distressing at the bottom: the ramp ends before the stairs do, and below the ramp is a gap of about five feet. At the bottom of the gap there is an aqueduct full of water, with a walkway on either side, connecting to the stairs. You can't tell how deep the water is, but the splash would likely extinguish the torches if you land in the water. Amy sees this coming and prepares herself, and thus has a lowered DC (5) to get over to the stairs or jump to the dry walkway before she reaches the edge.

>>702191
"Sure!" Mocha shouts as the two goos get their race on the way. Their lack of experience with the boards leaves them a little wobbly, but soon they're on the move, rolling down the streets as onlookers start to move out of their way. But up ahead, the steets are more congested, and many pedestrians don't see them as they go about their business.

>>702189
River leans in and watches the fight. You sense someone awkwardly standing behind you, trying not to be noticed.

>>702188
The black arrows pelt you before you can toss another one, causing you to stagger backward and nearly fall over from the pain, and you lose 6 Hits.

Chorazin jabs upward at the serpent's owl head as it squeezes around her.
[1d10+3]

The serpent tries to constrict her movement, thrashing about furiously, and slaps Pheo in its throes, tossing her to your hooves.
>Pheo 0/3
[1d10+2] Burn + Fire

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6 / Roll #2 6 + 2 = 8

 No.702196

>>702195
"Ba-a-a-ah!" Shei-Sher bleats in pain as he's sliced asunder by the folley of arrows.

[1d10] roll to get up from helpless

Pheo flaps on the ground frantically, whilst cawing
[1d10] get up from helpless

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.702197

>>702195
Flow slows down considerably as the wasps stop, and looks behind at them.
"Weapon spirits…never thought I'd encounter them in my life. You okay lad?" he asks Spitshine, who he hopes hasn't fallen off of Flow's back when he was running.

With renewed vigor, Trapper attempts to dodge and weave through the crowd, attempting to get a couple of random tricks going to help him earn some style points. Meanwhile, Vice has the same idea, but he tries getting above the crowd instead, attempting to flick the board up and over some obstacles.
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.702198

>Sallus roll from Chorazin's attack [2d3]

Roll #1 3, 1 = 4

 No.702199

>>702197
Both goos get the hang of the board very quickly, finding the right balance in the bending of their legs and their centers of gravity, and make an art out of weaving through the streets without disrupting its flow or crashing into anyone, all while looking stylish. However, many guards start to chase them from various places, shouting at them to stop fooling around on public property.

 No.702200

>>702195
As shei-Sher reels down onto the ground, curling in pain, he inquires within what is this thing? And pupil responds
>appraise
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.702201

>>702195

Thinking quickly, Amy jumps to the walkway.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.702202

>>702195
>"Wheeee!"
KP can't help but shout in enjoyment at the waterslide, having fun until the light shows a gap. He levitates his torch up a little higher to be safe as he tries to grab the stairs to come to a stop before the ramp ends.
>Grab on [1d10]


>>702195
Pryce sits content with River as they watch Shei fight.
As he feels the sense of somepony watching them, Pryce tries to look back out of the corner of his eye to not disturb River and not catch the attention of the mysterious stranger.
>Notice [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.702203

>>702195
Flaming looks back as she suddenly hears the buzzing start to recede, her blue flaming horns flickering around a bit in the dark of the cavern as she turns her head swiftly around to look at the wasps. She pauses in place as they do, turning her head at them.

"W-what… why did you all stop chasing me?" She looks at the part where they seemed to run into their 'invisible wall', keeping her horns lit as she very cautiously takes a step closer. "You can't go beyond this point? Or, is this as far as you'll leave your hive?"

Not honestly expecting an answer, she turns to shout to the others. "Okay… everyone, I think I have the wasps down here! They don't seem to be chasing me anymore but won't go after anyone else so long as my horns are lit. Are you guys okay?" She says as she looks at the ones falling down the slide, her eyes opening wide with panic. "Be careful!" She shouts towards those who risk splashing out their flames.

 No.702204

>>702197
Spitshine steadily hangs onto your coat, still gripping the claymore protectively, but the wasps do not approach any further. "I'm good – just puzzled that they're not coming at us. They don't seem the type to give up too easily."

>>702196
>>702200
As you attempt to gauge what's inside the coffin, the black hands launch more dark arrows from their fingertips, knocking you to the ground just as Pheo rises again, ready to fight. Pupil can tell that the coffin contains a number of ravenous spirits, the remnants of a once-great demon that has been split into many pieces through some past battle, but the details are sparse.

As Chorazin jams her blade into the owl-serpent's neck, it screeches and releases her, though her body shows no signs of damage beneath the faint static of her White Noise Barrier. She hops over to give you some aid.
[1d10+2]
"How long do you want me to toy with them?" she whispers.

The owl-serpent gawks at her lack of injuries, but the spirits in the coffin are unrelenting, and attempt to attack you even as you are down.
[1d10+2] Prohibition vs. Hot Irons

>>702201
>>702202
>>702203
>>702197
Amy and KP leap from the water slide, deftly landing near Flow and Flaming on the rightmost walkway with their torches still lit. When Flaming questions the wasps, they buzz in reply, and Zjetya stiffens. "This is still their territory, they say, but… they're more afraid about the current uninvited guests down here than they're angry at us for coming here."

As you survey the area, you see that the aqueduct runs below the ramp into a dark and foul-smelling tunnel, which is to the west. To the east, the aqueduct eventually connects to a much larger body of water, the boundaries of which you cannot make out with the limited light of the torches. The water stirs faintly, but the source of the stirring is unseen.

>>702202
You hear Busta awkwardly clear his throat, and see that it's him standing behind you. He's glancing downward, appraising his own body.

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #2 6 + 2 = 8

 No.702205

>>702202
>>702201
>>702204
As Amy and KP manage to leap from the bottom of the water-slide, landing safely by herself and Flow, Flaming lets out a low sigh of relief. "T-that was too close! You guys almost got your torches extinguished. Good thing you made that jump…" she looks up at the slide, a small frown forming on her lips. "Hmmm…. that almost looked like fun. Was it fun?"

As the wasps answer her reply, and Zjetya answers them, Flaming's eyes open wide. "Uninvited guests…? You mean besides us? Can you ask them who or what they're talking about?"

She looks toward the tunnel to the east and the large body of water, frowning, "I don't see anything waiting for us in such a huge pool of water… so I guess we should take the west tunnel and see where it takes us."

 No.702206

>>702199
Vice and Trapper both look worried behind themselves, and pick up the pace.
>"S-sorry sirs, we'll be done in a moment!"
>>"That is, unless you blokes could catch us first!"
Vice focuses on dodging and weaving, while Trapper tries to perform more tricks and flips while banking off and grinding on whatever he can find.
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]

>>702204
Flow nods and looks at Spitshine holding his claymore.
"You know how to use that thing, son?"

"If there's something that even these things won't go near…I doubt we're gonna have an easy time with it…"
Flow takes out his spear, and peers at the body of water…and heads the other way.

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.702207

>>702206
Vice quickly gets away from the guards by weaving through the crowds, and eventually smoothly rounds a corner to keep away from the pursuers. Trapper, however, finds himself chased by some particularly swift pursuers, who try to grab onto him from behind.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.702208

>>702204
Pryce is unsure of how to react. He's enjoying this tranquil moment with River, but being surround by demons in a fight arena might be making Busta feel self-conscious or affecting his ego in someway.
He looks back forward, but he turns back.
"Are you feeling ok?"
Pryce asks Busta with cared concern.


>>702204
KP lands down, striking a pose after such a leap. However he stumbles a bit given his small stature so it's not as impressive as he'd like it to be.
>"Wait, you don't think… Does this connect to that hole under the bridge we just passed? With all those bitey sounds?"
KP questions as the smell hits his nose.

>>702205
>"It was super duper fun!"
KP exclaims.
>"And my torch was fine. I was holding it way high up with my magic so it wouldn't have gotten splash at all."

 No.702209

>>702204
"This is embarassing.." Shei shutters "A little longer? I don't want to look completely useless."

Shei-Sher, in a moment, is flushed with the sensation of the spirit's presence. He resists it like a bad head ache
[1d10] resist

Pheo melds with Shei-Sher's hammer staff

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.702210

>>702208
>>702205
>>702204

"I've had more fun falls," Amy shrugs. "Lead the way, little sis!"

 No.702211

>>702207
Trapper smirks as some guards start catching up.
>>"Alroight, lads, let's kick it up a notch!"
He tries ducking into some alleyways so he can speed up. And do some wallriding. Just a little.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.702212

>>702208
>>702210
Flaming groans. "Awwwww. I should have gone down the slide and make someone else run off with the torches down the stairs. Think we might get time later…?"

 No.702213

>>702210
>"When?"
KP asks curiously.

>>702212
>"We might. Or we could find another slide elsewhere. Or set up our own waterslide!"

 No.702214

>>702212

"Pshh," Amy waves a dismissive hoof. "I can show you some way more fun cliffs to jump off of after we're done here."

"……….."

"If I can find them."

 No.702215

>>702206
Spitshine has to half-sword the claymore just to control it, as it's too large for a colt like him. "Not much harder than using a staff or a spear I suppose, though not my best weapon type."
"Don't depend too much on weapons!" LJ lectures.

>>702205
Zjetya tries buzzing back at the wasps, and they buzz furiously in response before flying away. Zjetya sneers. "Vengeful little bunch of shitheads. Some of those insults almost managed to hurt. Didn't get anything useful out of them, though. Guess we just need to move in."

>>702208
"If it's alright with you, I'd like to be your opponent!" Busta blurts out quickly. "Er– that is… Mmgh. I don't want to interrupt, but I mean it: I'd like to fight against you in the coming two-on-two. If you don't mind me imposing."

>>702209
You attempt to guard your mind, but the spirits' magic is strong, and you feel myriad fingers digging into your skull to probe at your mind, scrambling your focus and causing you to forget one of your powers, though there is no physical damage.
>Hot Irons forgotten for 2 turns

Pheo melds with your staff as you get back up.

Chorazin nods, then leaps back at the now-unnerved serpent, slicing at him with her saber.
[1d10+2] attack
[1d10+2] That's How a Drill Works

The serpent tries to constrict her again. [1d10+2]

>>702210
>>702205
>>702206
>>702208
The tunnel has a low ceiling, hanging over your heads with only a few feet of space, and the narrowness of the corridor bunches you all up together. Zjetya in particular looks quite nervous. In the water, you see the half-eaten remains of various monsters, unrecognizable and coated in slime. As you proceed onward, the aqueduct expands, and at the very far end of the tunnel, there's a grate through which water flows. On a metal platform in front of the grate, there is an old-looking crank perched on a stone mechanism, which extends into the water.

Roll perception

>>702211
As Trapper tries to wallride, he slips and falls from the board, and one of the faster guards pins him with a tackle. "I gotcha now!" he shouts, while other guards start to catch up, far behind. Vice is able to see this from his position across the road, but the guards don't take notice of him.

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #3 7 + 2 = 9

 No.702216

>>702215

Amy looks around while she drinks a potion.

[1d10+3] Natural Remedy

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.702217

>>702215
"Aye lad, I had something shorter and easier to control. But then again, it's best to get used to having to hold large weapons anyways," he turns to LJ, "And yer right as well. But when yer being chased on a mount, I doubt yer hooves would give you enough reach to repel enemies. Rather than depending on weapons, learn how and when to use them."
As they enter the ominous tunnel, Flow keeps his eyes peeled, and looks around the group.
[1d10]

>>"Oi! Get offa me, ya bleedin-"

Trapper starts struggling to get free from the guard's grip.
Meanwhile, Vice comes over from his place across the street.
>"S-sir? We're terribly sorry, we were just testing out these new inventions!"
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.702218

>>702216

I also meant to roll for perception. [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.702219

>>702215
"I, uh, guess that's alright? Is that fine with your River?" Pryce asks her before focusing back to Busta, "Do you have a partner to fight with?"


>>702215
KP walks along fine, being a kid means the low ceiling is a normal ceiling to him. Though he still is nervous about whatever may be the other invader they have to worry about, and the half eaten bits only make him think to the sounds they heard at the bridge. He stops as they see the platform, looking into the water.
>"I don't like the looks of this…"
>Perception [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.702220

>>702215
Shei-Sher gets up with renewed vigor "Only a temporary drubbing! It cannot stop me!"

Shei-Sher throws the contents of a vial of mercury on the coffin's lock. Wielding his staff high, he begins repetiviely slamming the hammer of it onto the lock.
[1d10+1] fire element applied to heat and soften lock

Alchemy+2
[1d10+2] to melt the coffin shut with the lock

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #2 8 + 2 = 10

 No.702221

>>702213
>>702214
Flaming looks at Amy, "That'd be great! When it got especially hot in the summers, I'd jump off of little waterfalls all the time as a calf. You know any *really* big ones?"

>>702215
Flaming sighs, "I guess they must be still pretty mad. Thanks for trying though Zjetya."

She looks towards the tunnel, "We're going through here, everyone stay close and keep your torches dry," She commands, taking hers back from Journey to hold as they make their way through the aqueduct. She retches at the sight of the various corpses piled through its waters, but pushes onwards all the same.

As they reach the metal grate, she looks at the crank that extends beneath the water. "Think this device opens it…?"
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.702222

>>702221

"Just the BIGGEST ones!" Amy says with a smile. "Gotta watch out for the rocks on the bottom, though…"

 No.702223

>>702222
Flaming shudders, "Oooh, don't need to tell me. The ones I jumped from as a calf were all pretty safe, but there was this one cliff some of the older calves decided to leap from that the elders ABSOLUTELY said not to do." She puffs out her chest, "Of course, no Climbing Fire ever denies a challenge, so they did it anyway! But… i-it wasn't pretty afterwards. One of them got really hurt."

She nods, "But, I'm sure I'm tough enough to handle any falls you can throw at me. Just how big are we talking here?"

 No.702224

>>702216
You restore yourself to full H/W.

>>702217
The guards stop as Vice intervenes; apparently, some recognize him, and the guard that has Trapper pinned does a double-take, then releases him. "Oh, it's you two. Those things you're riding on, are those these 'inventions?' We can't have you flying down the streets like that, or doing reckless stunts off public property. What's this invention business all about?"

>>702219
"I don't have an issue with it. Why the sudden interest?" River asks.
Busta fishes around, fumbling some words. "I don't want to be… I want to become stronger."

Busta then shakes his head. "No, but I won't have any shortage of options here. Don't suppose you have a preference in who I pick?"

>>702217
>>702218
>>702219
>>702221
As you proceed down the darkened tunnel toward the crank, Amy is the first to catch sight of a dark form moving swiftly beneath the waters toward your group. The shadow quietly emerges from the waters, revealing a turtle-like beast with bulging eyes and a dark sleek body, with vicious spikes protruding from the shell, and a dark pit in the center of its chest where its heart would be. The beast's jaws hinge open as it attempts to ambush Flaming, who is far too slow to notice this from her focus on the crank.

>>702220
You seal the lock on the coffin, and the drumming of thousands of hands slam onto the coffin from inside, attempting to break the sealed lock.
[1d10]

As Chorazin is shoved back from the serpent's attack, she is lightly burned, but smiles and keeps pressing onward in her stabs.
[1d10+3]
[1d10+2] THADW

The owl-serpent attempts to swipe at you both with its tail, as its firey body returns to normal.
[1d10+2] Cleave w/ Burn

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 2 + 3 = 5 / Roll #3 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #4 10 + 2 = 12

 No.702225

>>702224
"Alright. Let's make this a good training session then."
Pryce says.
"You can pick whoever you like."


>>702224
>"FLAMING LOOK OUT!"
KP shouts quickly as the turtle pops out of the water before them, horn quickly flashing as he rushes forward and tries to spray some embers at it's eye to hopefully make it pull back either from the light or heat.
>Spark Distraction [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.702226

>>702224

"Iunno," Amy shrugs. "One of them took 7 seconds to hit the water."

"Yeah, I've seen ponies mess up jumps… They were so messed up, I couldn't even ea- eh heh heh. Find… them?"

As Amy notices the hole in the turtle's chest, she looks to her own torch. A strange idea comes to her. It simply must be right.

Amy reaches her torch out toward the the hole in the turtle's chest. Close enough to light burn it if it even can be. But, not so much into it that it would put out the torch. [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.702227

>>702224
Before Trapper can sprint off, Vice clotheslines him, forcing the unfortunate goo to land square on his back.
>"We were contracted to see how well these things would work at uh… transporting people faster and more efficiently."
>>"Yeah, these things're supposed to make it easier to get around. Kinda like uh… personal transports, or dollies! Plus you could do stuff like this!"
He gets on the board and tries to do a kickflip.
[1d10]

Flow's eyes lock on the giant turtle when it comes up, and he hurls a throwing knife at one of the beast's eyes.
"Oi Shorty, heads up!"
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.702228


 No.702229

>>702226
"Seven seconds…. hmmm" FLaming thinks, trying to guage that fall in her head. "That *is* pretty high… but, hehe, I *know* we've taken bigger falls than that. Remember the tree in the witchbone forest?"

As she stops herself from saying 'eat', Flaming gives her a curious raised brow. "Ahem…?"

>>702224
>>702225
>>702226
>>702227
Flaming looks towards the crank, entirely unaware to the danger that awaits behind her as she investigates it. "I guess this must be how you open it. Someone give me a hoof with this…" she says as she grips the wheel in her teeth and begins to try and turn it, before the others call her attention to the danger.

"W-what?!" she shouts as she begins to turn and face it

 No.702230

>>702225
Busta nods and heads off into the crowd, while Gegenschein watches him closely.

>>702225
>>702227
>>702226
>>702229
The monster is merely slowed by the knife and the sparks, and neither seems to do any damage to it. However, when Amy moves her fire closer to the opening in its chest, it recoils, kicking off the wall of the aqueduct to laucnh itself back into the water to safety, keeping itself far out of the reach of her flame, and recedes back into the darkness.
Zjetya stands protectively in front of KP, while LJ examines the water for the creature's return. "Flaming, get away from the crank, it's too exposed! I'll bet it'll come around again!" he shouts.

>>702227
Vice's kickflip is quite impressive, and the guards nod in understanding. They convene for a moment in discussion, while keeping an eye on the goos to keep them from fleeing.
"Well, alright – we'll allow it… on the condition that you submit a copy of all research to the crown, and make the research thorough enough. If you half ass it, we'll have to punish you for any property damage caused in the process."

 No.702231

>>702229

"I'm sure you don't want to hear about all that gross stuff I used to do, right?" Amy says sheepishly.

 No.702232

Shei-Sher extends his staff out to his side and flame bursts from it, emerging Pheo, released from the staff.

Shei-Sher gathers closer, now waving his lantern at the coffin methodically.
>Control+1
[1d10+1]

And suddenly, he whistle sharply into the air a few times
>A Vision of Thralls: Twice per combat; Instant;
[1d10] summoning gigganox

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.702233

>>702231
Flaming chuckles nervously, "Hehe… not right now, anyways. With all the bodies down here I think my gut's got enough to deal with."

>>702230
Flaming swiftly takes Journey's advice, jumping away from the crank to rejoin his side after the others manage to scare it off. "W-what the heck was that thing?! I didn't even here it come up…"

She stops and turns towards the others, bowing her head. "Thanks everyone! But, I don't get it… why did it get so scared when Amy put her flame closer to it?"

 No.702234

>>702232
The massive gigginox manifests from thin air, creating much chaos as it crashes down into the giant arena, much to the amusement and applause of the spectators.

Just as you begin to hypnotize the spirits, their many hands break through the lock, tossing open the coffin lid entirely, exposing a disgusting mass of grotesque spirits, which you recognize as preta - hungry ghosts who eat anything they get their hands on, the filthier the better.

You feel your control extend over them, but it's not enough. The spirits try to attack you with all they have.
>Control 1/2, 1 more required
[1d10+2] Magic Bolt

At the same time, Chorazin is slammed into you from the owl-serpent's swipe, and you are pinned to the ground again from the damage.
>Shei 0/3
Chorazin stands, a bit wobbly. "Well, they've finally managed to knock me down. Now do I get to fight?"

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.702235

>>702230
"I don't want him to get too hurt. Should we hold back, or treat it like any other fight?"
Pryce asks River after Busta heads off to find a partner.



>>702230
>>702233
>"Phew."
KP sighs as the turtle flees from the flame.
>"Who cares, let's try to get through this quick so we cna get away from it."

>>702230
KP looks up as Zjetya stands by him protectively. He takes a few steps back from the water and tugs her along, just so she doesn't need to be any closer either.
>"Hey Spits, give me a hoof with this!"
KP says as his horn lights up while he tries to turn the crank with his telekinesis.
>Telekinesis [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.702236

>>702230
"No no no, wait a minute. Why doesn't it like the fire? It it the fire, or is that hole its weak point?…"
He puts a hoof on his chin while he thinks.

>"U-uh…I'm sure the researcher who hired us would be more than happy to submit a copy."

The two goos take their leave to go rendezvous with Box and Mocha.
>"We still need to collect some data about how these things work outside the city. Shame we got caught, but whatever."
Trapper grumbles, irritated that he got caught, and Vice didn't. He gets on his board and follows Vice at a brisk pace, not wanting to go speeding through the streets like last time.

 No.702237

>>702235
"I care, we won't be able to turn the crank to open the grate if we can't figure out how to deal with that thing, Pryce," Flaming answers. "And it seems to really hate the flame…"

>>702236
"You think it would jump at the chance to 'extinguish' a fire since that's game over for us, but instead ran away from it…"

 No.702238

>>702237
"Or perhaps it just doesn't like light? Those weapon spirits did say it was an uninvited guest, so I'm not sure if it even knows about the rules…"

 No.702239

>>702234
Shei lies with Chorazin, aggravated by the assualt "Yes.. Kill them"

[1d10] roll to get up

With brute force the Gigginox tail swipes the Preta.
[1d10]

Pheo unleashes another dazzling falre of lights onto the Preta and Serpent.
>Blinding Flare: Recharge 2; A dazzling display of light blinds foes, Dazing them and lowering their damage by half.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 3 = 3

 No.702240

>>702230
>>702233
>>702235
>>702236

"Yeah, it doesn't like the fire, we'll be fine! Crank away, sister!"

 No.702241

>>702235
"Go all-in against him. He's a demon, and he might be quite a weak one, even the weakest demons are as strong as average mortals. But even more importantly than that: He'd take anything less than our best as an insult. I could tell just by looking at him."

>>702236
>>702237
"With how little damage the other attacks did, there must be something vulnerable inside the hole in its chest, or maybe the hole itself has some kind of weakness," LJ suggests.

>>702235
>>702236
>>702237
>>702240

"Right, let's get the ffff–heck out already," Spitshine concurs. He and KP twist the crank with telekinesis while the group stays safely away from the edge of the water. The crank is quite stiff and slow with age, but eventually they are able to loosen it enough and twist it counterclockwise until it cannot move any more. There is a series of heavy clunks and the muffled grinding of machinery coming from the east, but the grate which blocks the aqueduct to the west remains shut.

"Guess we have to go back?" Zjetya suggests.

>>702239
You get back up and direct the gigginox to strike the Preta, and the force of the slam smashes the coffin lid shut upon them with a well-deserved impact, crushing many of their hands and fingers in the process.

Chorazin smiles and puts her sword away, her white noise barrier now aglow in gold. "A very good plan of action."

>Berserk Pleroma, Automatic


The serpent grimaces and tries to bite down on her. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9

 No.702242

>>702241
Flow looks behind the party and starts making his way back.
"If anything, I hope that water has drained out…just looking at it gave me the creeps…"

While the two make their way back, they try to remember some of the tricks they managed to pull off.
>>"Well, I reckon that if'n ye pop the board up, you can do lots when ye've got enough air. Loike that flip I did in front of the guard. Imagine the kind of stuff I'd be able t' do if we had a ramp to get some real air time…"
>"Well, I'm fine with how fast you can get around in these things. Speaking of which, who won?"
>>"We oughta 'ave a rematch when we're out of the city. These bleedin guards would tear us apart if they caught us again…"

 No.702243

>>702238
>>702240
Flaming looks over at Amy, and nods towards Flow. "In any case, we know it just plain doesn't like the fire. Let's use that to our advantage!"

>>702241
"Okay then. If it pops up again, we'll aim for that hole as well. I bet you're right too and there's something sensitive inside there… maybe its heart?"

Flaming listens as the two boys finish cranking the machine, and hearing the machinery clicking into place from the east, Flaming lowers her ears. "Hmmm… i-it didn't open the grate. But it sounds like it *did* do something back where we came…"

"Everyone follow me, we're going back to the east tunnel. Keep an eye out for that turtle, and shout if you see ANY movement!"

 No.702244

>>702236
Box and Mocha catch up with the two of you as you head for the city's exit, and they are enviously looking at the boards. "Well, aren't you lucky!" Box says. "Can I have a go after the next time one of you faceplants?"

 No.702245

>>702241

"Hey! Good job!" Amy praises Spitshine for not cursing. "You earned a hug for that! As promised!"

She grabs Spitshine and holds him tightly for a few seconds before letting him go.

"Now, let's go back!" she says authoritatively as if she has any idea where to go. She begins to march back where they came.

>>702243
>>702242

"Oh yeah! You don't like water, do you?" Amy says to Flow, laughing slightly. She pokes Flow in the side to watch his body jiggle.

 No.702246

>>702241
"Right then. I won't hold anything back."

>>702241
>"Maybe it did something with the stairs? That ramp did have quite a jump."
KP surmises as he turns around and starts walking back.

 No.702247

>>702244
>>"By all means, lad. We almost got caught by the bleedin guards, so we're gonna continue our race out here first."
>"Yeah. We need to find a place that has some semi-rough terrain though…I doubt these wheels will do much on terribly rocky surfaces or sand…"
The two good lead Box and Mocha as they look for a good open area to see how much more terrain the boards can travel on.

>>702243
"Aye lass, that is, if we need to come here again…" he looks at the large gate.
"Which I suspect might be sooner than later."

>>702245
"No, I love water. I just don't like large bodies of water, because I'll dissolve if I fall in. And it's very painful. In fact, it's one of the few times where goos can feel actual pain."
He can't help but grin as Amy pokes him, however.

 No.702248

>>702241
Shei-Sher stands up and walks forward "Giggles, hold the coffin down" Shei commands his gigganox which promptly obeys.
[1d10] Gigginox hold the coffin shut

Shei-Sher takes out his switch-cane and placing it on the center head of the coffin he taps it into sturdiness with the hammer of his staff. Two quick motions, and then he holds his hammer high to slam the cane into the coffin
[1d10]

Pheo swoops toward the Serpent and wrestles with it for control over it's body
>malleable morphology
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 4 = 4 / Roll #3 4 = 4

 No.702249

>>702247
"Hopefully, all the challenge needed us to do was turn that crank… though to be honest, I'm not sure we're a lot better off in the other tunnel. The water was a lot wider and deeper there, who knows what could be hiding in it." She shudders, "I sure hope we don't have to dive in."

>>702245
>>702247
"Umm… if you don't mind me asking then, Sir Flow: how do you and goo ponies take bathes?"

 No.702250

>>702246
>>702243
>>702242
>>702245
Spitshine savors the hug, but Amy notices that it's not as much as he used to.

You make your way back down that long and claustrophobic tunnel, and eventually reach the staircase and the ramp you came down a little while ago. You notice a change on the other end of the aqueduct. In the middle of the area that was nothing but open water, there is now a slick stone bridge out in the middle of the water pool, leading further eastward.

There are some issues, however. The bridge doesn't connect to the walkway, meaning you'll have to jump or fly to reach it. Not only that, but the bridge is very slick, making slipping a real risk. You also don't see how far the bridge goes, but it presumably reaches the other end of this room, which seems to be the way forward. Also, you don't see the giant turtle with the hole in its chest, but it's fair to assume it's nearby, given the vibrations in the water.

>>702246
River gives a thumbs-up with her wing.

>>702247
After exiting the city-state and going a bit eastward, the goos reach an elevated badlands plain, full of solid ground and slopes to take advantage of, with only a few rocks here and there that might disrupt them. Box clicks his rear hooves in eager excitement.

>>702248
The preta struggle from within the coffin, throwing you around as though you were a rodeo performer as you try to keep the coffin sealed.
[1d10]

The owl-serpent bites onto Chorazin a moment too late, just as her body is enveloped in a golden static, making her as brilliant as a star. She begins to move with such speed that she appears to have dozens of limbs as she strikes the demon without a shred of mercy. Pheo is unable to find an opening as the two clash head-on.
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #3 7 + 2 = 9

 No.702251

>>702250
Both Shei-Sher and Pheo are awestruck for a moment as the lo witness at Chorazin's veracity in combat.

Shei gets back to hammering "I have to finish this one quick." Shei-Sher says not wanting to seem as though his angel is carrying him through the league.
He hammers the cane into the coffin
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.702252

>>702251
>>702250
The gigginox holds the coffin down
[1d10]

And pheo sort of just does nothing, and pecks the ground.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.702253

>>702251
>>702252
You slam down hard onto the coffin, forcing it shut. The preta still struggle, but you've got them pinned now, and at your mercy for one purpose or another.

The owl-serpent is lost in the golden light, thrashing as Chorazin's lightning-like presence engulfs him in a storm of violence.
[1d10+2]

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #3 3 + 2 = 5

 No.702254

>>702250

"I'm sorry, is that weird now that you have a girlfriend… or… whatever you and Sugar are?"

>>702247

"Then, does this tickle?" Amy asks, poking harder. She has a practically studious look on her face as she studies the science of goo.

>>702250

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Amy jumps across. [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.702255

>>702254
"I wouldn't say 'weird,'" Spitshine says with a crude and cheeky swagger. "But, ah… you just don't do it for me anymore."

 No.702256

>>702250
As they reach the bridge in the middle of the large collection of water on the other side, Flaming looks out ahead at the slippery surface and unsettling nature of the murky depths. "I'm really starting to have a hatred for bridges… okay," she takes her torch, "We're not taking these torches out there until we know what's on the other side, Spitshine can you hold onto them? I'm gonna jump across with Amy."

She turns to Zjetya, "We'll need you on flying duty again, just in case one of us falls. Anyone going across, leave your torches with someone here."

She leaves her torch with someone on this side, and attempts to make the leap as well [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.702257

>>702249
"…you know I can't dive in, lass. And we don't need to. We don't excrete odors and bodily fluids like you n' other ponies. If we get dirty, we just shed off the goo that's filthy, and replace it with more goo. Believe me, a dirty goo pony is not a sight to behold, because they choose to be that way…not because of circumstance."

>>702254
"…no."
He deadpans.

>>702250
Flow stares down at the gap between the bridge and the water below, and he is most certainly not happy.
"Well, no time like the present…"
He takes a step back, and hurls himself at the other end of the bridge, taking out Maitreya's Tsurugi to see if it can help him stay put on the bridge.
[1d10]

>"Ah, this looks perfect."

Before he can say anything else, Trapper slaps him across the head as he darts past him.
>>"Try an' catch up, ya bloke!"
Vice growls and hops on his board to chase Trapper.
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 7 = 7 / Roll #3 6 = 6

 No.702258

>>702253
Shei-Shre hoists off the coffin, letting his Gigginox take care of the holding shut.
"Giggles." Shei points to the winged lizard and then directs his hoof to the cane and clamps his mouth down while making a "bzzt bzzt!" noise with his teeth. He does this because he is unaware of how to properly explain the conductive properties of metal to a reptillian horror.

He then crouches down to pat his Pheonix forward.

The Gigganox clamps down on the cane with it's mouth poised with airtight grip and ready to give shock treatment

The Pheonix merges itself with the coffin and begins turning up the heat.

"Now which will you choose. To be slow cooked or electrocuted?" He then lays his lantern on the ground where he sits beside "And of course there is always that third option."

>Lightning Shock: Ranged, Recharge 2; Blasts a target with a jolt of lightning, causes Paralysis for 1 turn on 9+

[1d10] Lightning

>Malleable Morphology

[1d10] burning the coffin

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.702259

>>702250
>"Another bridge? At least this one looks clean enough so we don't have to worry about more mold."
Looking at the distance between their sidewalk and the bridge, KP looks up to Zjetya.
>"Zjetya, can you carry me over?"


>>702250
Pryce looks down at his own wings as River does a thumbs up.
"How do you do that?"

"So, should we think of some strategy before going into this fight?"

 No.702260

>>702259
>>702254
>>702256
>>702257
You leap across, and while Flow reaches the other end with no problems, Amy slips upon her landing, and her back half lands in the water. She is just barely able to keep her torch dry as she clings to the slippery end of the bridge. Flaming surely has reason to be thankful for her foresight, as she lands completely in the dark water, unable to see where she is or where the others are.

Just as Zjetya floats over to pick him up, KP can see a shadow beneath the surface of the water, steadily creeping up onto Flaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ8I1r8N-6k

LJ visibly panics, while Spitshine backs away from the edge to keep the torches safe.

>>702259
"Just curl your wing, the same way you do it when grabbing something with them," River says. She takes your wing into hers and curls it into the thumbs-up shape. "See?"

"I suppose we're limited without knowledge of what Busta and his companion can do. Well, what are your strengths? We'll have to see how ours mesh."

>>702258
The preta chatter incoherently as you torture them, unable to communicate. Meanwhile, the owl-serpent slowly stops its thrashing as Chorazin's incandescent form rips through it.
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

>>702257
The two goos race through the rocky landscape on their board, with Vice gaining the lead.

>Pause


Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 1 + 2 = 3

 No.702261

>>702255

Amy's jaw drops. "Wh- I," she stammers, feeling a little insulted. Then, she laughs. She points at Spitshine with a mock serious face. "That better just be because you're devoted to someone else."

 No.702262

>>702261
>this is before the jump

Spitshine leans back with a smug grin, leaving it up in the air what he really means.

 No.702559

Post sheets

 No.702560


 No.702561

File: 1538443509165.gif (1.45 MB, 425x320, buffalo.gif)


 No.702562


 No.702563


 No.702564

>Shei 8/3
>All else at full

Last time on HQ…

Shei continued his battle in the underground demon arena in Zha Arlakane, finding quite a bit of trouble with the demons, while Chorazin was far and beyond the demons' strength, despite having lost much of her power after being revived. The battle seemed to be wrapping up now that Shei had turned the tide against the coffin containing hundreds of preta. Meanwhile, Pryce agreed to fight alongside River against Busta, who went off to find a partner.

Vice and Trapper tested out the Ecclesian invention, and got into trouble with some guards, which they abated by agreeing to let them have a copy of the research data.

KP, Amy, Flow and Flaming explored more of the temple while undergoing the trials. When their path forward seemed to be cut off by an expansive pool of water, they found a crank which raised a bridge from below the water. However, lurking within the water was a massive, turtle-like beast, covered in grime and spikes, with a conspicuous hole in its chest. When they tried to leap to the bridge, Flaming and Amy fell into the water, with Amy clinging to the edge, while Flaming sunk into the dark waters, blind and at the mercy of the approaching monster.

 No.702565

>>702563
>>702562
>>702561
>>702560
You leap across, and while Flow reaches the other end with no problems, Amy slips upon her landing, and her back half lands in the water. She is just barely able to keep her torch dry as she clings to the slippery end of the bridge. Flaming surely has reason to be thankful for her foresight, as she lands completely in the dark water, unable to see where she is or where the others are.

Just as Zjetya floats over to pick him up, KP can see a shadow beneath the surface of the water, steadily creeping up onto Flaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ8I1r8N-6k

LJ visibly panics, while Spitshine backs away from the edge to keep the torches safe.

>>702560
"Just curl your wing, the same way you do it when grabbing something with them," River says. She takes your wing into hers and curls it into the thumbs-up shape. "See?"

"I suppose we're limited without knowledge of what Busta and his companion can do. Well, what are your strengths? We'll have to see how ours mesh."

>Shei

The preta chatter incoherently as you torture them, unable to communicate. Meanwhile, the owl-serpent slowly stops its thrashing as Chorazin's incandescent form rips through it.
[1d10+2: 11]
[1d10+2: 3]

>>702563
The two goos race through the rocky landscape on their boards, with Vice gaining the lead. There are plenty of outcroppings and dips in the landscape, making the race tricky, yet exhilarating from all the dips and the air they catch upon coming up from one.

 No.702566

>>702565
Flow holds onto the Tsurugi, and plunges a hoof into the water to try and grab Flaming.
[1d10]

While Vice is gaining the lead, he's still trying to focus on speed rather than tricks, and he's getting flustered because of it.
>"G-gah! These rocks aren't making it easy to go fast!"
Meanwhile, Trapper focuses on constant ollies to get over rocks and debris, even trying to bounce off of some of the bigger rocks for style points.
>>"Aye mate, but you gotta admit, they add a needed…challenge to this, eh?!"
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 6 = 6

 No.702567

>>702565

Amy tosses the torch safely onto dry land. She watches with worry a moment to see what Flaming does.

 No.702568

>>702566
Trapper narrowly catches the lead over Vice, who is slowed by a myriad of small loose rocks littering the landscape.

 No.702569

>>702565
As Flaming dunks into the water, she shuts her eyes close as she plunges into the murky dark, swimming her way back up to the surface as she takes in a deep breath as she spits up some of the water.

She coughs, "*Hack* gaagh! Darn it! Must have *hack* messed up the distance… it's so dark down here, hey where are you guys?!" She shouts, completely oblivious to the ominous shadow looming towards her.
[1d10] Blindly grabbing at Flow's hoof to pull herself ashore

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.702570

>>702568
Trapper accentuates his newfound lead with a kickflip as he passes up Vice.
>>"Oi! Start spicing up yer ridin, lad, ye might catch up!"
He speeds off, leaving a very disgruntled Vice behind.
>"Fine! Let's kick this up a notch…"
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.702571

>>702570
Vice falls even further behind Trapper, who has now begun to absolutely style on Vice with his sick tricks. As this goes on, the two find themselves conscious of being watched from afar, and not by Mocha or Box.

 No.702572

>>702569
>>702565

Upon seeing Flaming not swim nearly fast enough, Amy clicks her tongue in annoyance and jumps into the water fully. She dives down toward the shadow and bathes it in holy light.

>Wrath [1d10+2]


Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.702573

>>702565
>"Flaming!"
KP shouts as he sees the shadow dart towards her. His horn glows as he tries to focus where he saw Flaming fell to help pull her out of the water, or help her surface faster at least.
>Telekinesis [1d10]


>>702565
"I've seen ponies try to work weapons onto their wings, but I never knew you could grab stuff with them."
Pryce comments as River curls his wing.
"Huh."
Pryce looks at his other wings, attempting to curl that one for a thumbs up. It takes a few tries before he finally gets the hang of it.

"You've seen what I can do, fire magic and conjuring. I'l need some time to set up though, unless we have prep before the fight."

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.702574

>>702571
As they approach the finish line, they both begin to slow down, with Vice allowing Trapper to keep the lead. They both look around as they continue to race.
V: [1d10]
T: [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.702575

File: 1538446759196.png (317.44 KB, 624x352, Shei-Sher at Ecclessia cam….png)


 No.702576

>>702573
>>702572
>>702566
>>702569
Flow is able to grab at Flaming's hoof as she flails about, but not without searing pain as he feels his arm slowly begin to dissolve as a result of being dunked into the much larger body of water. He loses 1 Wound and will continue to do so each round so long as his arm is in the water.

As the shadow advances toward Flaming, Amy intercepts it with a powerful wave of holy fire which hurtles toward the monstrous turtle, undeterred by the deep water. For a moment after, the turtle floats backward, as if stunned. But then, it affixes the two with a furious glare and continues its attack. It tries to bite onto Flaming's leg from below.

[1d10+2]

>>702573
"Stacking the deck? Tempting, but that wouldn't be sporting. Oh, but we're around demons, so cheating is probably expected around here."

>>702574
Trapper finishes in first, with Vice trailing behind. Once the race is concluded, they see a pair of bestial demons approach. With bodies translucent and wavering like fire, they appear to be a racoon and a fox, clothed in foreign garb. They're looking at the boards with intrigue.

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.702577

>>702565
>gigganox's lightning spell on cooldown

Shei-Sher goes ahead and places a seal on the coffin
>SPELLBREAKER: recharge 2, spell, ranged; nullify a spell or magic effect
[1d10] despelling The target's Elemental fusion

Pheo continues burning the coffin
[1d10]

"That reminds me. Chorazin, if you would, please keep that little owl serpent in one piece. I just need a moment to incapacitate this Preta and I'll be there to have my lantern take care of it."

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.702578

>>702576
>Mystic Animal Totem Turn 1

When Amy sees it going for Flaming's leg, Amy's body immediately goes dark.

"Don't you dare!" she shouts at it while underwater. She quickly shapeshifts into a black wolf. She barks at it which blasts more holy fire.

>Wrath [1d10+3]


Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.702579

>>702576
Flow grits his teeth as his arm starts to feel as if it's on fire. Once he has a solid grasp on Flaming's hoof, he starts pulling up.
"C'mon Shorty, get up!"
[1d10+1]

Both Vice and Trapper get off their boards, with Trapper stepping down on his to flick it up.
>"Erm…hello," Vice nervously greets the two demons.

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.702580

>>702576
>>702572
>>702570
Flaming lets out a wail of surprise as she manages to grab hold of Flow's arm, looking about in the water as Amy dives in to confront her attack head on with a blast of fire. "GAAGH! What's happening?! Is something down there!?"

She shouts in confusion as she tries to pull herself up, noticing the turtle's neck aiming for her leg as she swiftly tries to pull herself out with Flow's help.
"I'm getting up, I'm getting up!"
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.702581

>>702577
>spellbreaker roll invalid
>Keeping crit

>>702565
Shei-Sher marches on over to Chorazin and beckons the owl Serpent "It's time to come home little one."

Shei-Sher waves his lantern at the Owl Serpent
>Resting Comfortably: If a demon is sufficiently weakened (>=10% HP remaining), the user may roll 1d10 to attempt to seize the demon, trapping it inside the Lantern. The roll must beat the percentage of HP that the target has remaining, rounded down.
[1d10:10]

 No.702582

>>702579
"That's some pretty nice tech ya got there," the fox says, sneering. You see him comb the fire at the top of his head into a pompadour. "Haven't seen anything like that on the market yet. Whaddya say you let me and my associate here borrow it for a week or several? Shop it around, see if we can make a good buck on it."

 No.702583

>>702582
Vice and Trapper both look at each other, then to the demons.
>"Thanks for the offer, but these aren't our boards. Which is why you haven't seen them on the market yet."
>>"Yeah, some science bloke paid us to ride around and see if the bloody things even work."

 No.702584

>>702576
>"Flaming come on! Hurry up!"
KP shouts as Flow attempts to pull her out.

>>702576
"I wouldn't call it cheating. A knight should carry his weapon into battle instead of trying to unsheathe it in the heat of battle."

 No.702585

>>702581
"Just one moment," Chorazin says as you approach. She lifts the inert serpent over her head, then slams it onto the ground with a loud crunch. With that done, it vanishes into your lantern – first taking on a smoky appearance, then dissolving into ghostly light which swirls into the lantern, with the lantern's door swinging shut of its own accord once it's consumed. The light around Chorazin fades, and she stumbles forward, panting heavily. She leans on the shuddering coffin to keep it shut.

The demon audience, rather than applaud your victory, looks on in stunned and uncomfortable silence at what they just saw.

>>702584
>>702580
>>702578
>>702579
As another wave of fire washes over the turtle, it charges onward, despite receiving burns across its shell, and clamps onto Flaming's leg hungrily, giving her a good few shakes before letting her go, her hind leg now mangled quite badly. The turtle slinks away into the water once again, vanishing into the darkness. With Flow's help, Flaming pulls herself up onto dry land.
>Flaming has lost 1 Wound

Spitshine and Zjetya study the water for signs of the turtle's return, but LJ leaps across without hesitation. [1d10+2]

>>702584
"A fair point, we should expect the same out of them. So, what shall we prepare before we enter?"

>>702583
The fox sneers again, squinting in annoyance. "Well, he's going to get a lot better results if they get ONTO the market in the first place."

The racoon flicks a knife around from a hidden compartment in his clothing. He twirls it idly, just out of range of the two goos. "It'd be a far better move for him to not invest while the market's hot right know, don't you agree?"

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.702586

>>702585
Flow gives Flaming a pat on the back once she's back on the bridge. Or at least tries until he notices his mostly dissolved leg. He gingerly dips it back in to see if the water is drinkable.
"You alright, lass?"
[1d10]

Vice sighs, and crosses his arms.
>"Tell you what. We'll bring him out here so you can talk to him. As much as we'd love to enter negotiations, these aren't our-"
Trapper puts a hoof on Vice's chest.
>>"Wait a second, sonny," he puts a hoof on Vice's shoulder and turns around.
>>"It'd be easy to say that we just lost the boards if we just give these blokes the damn things. After all, we got all the info we need, and I mean… look at the things. They're piss easy to make."
Vice puts a hoof on his chin, and turns to the demons.
>"What're you waging for insurance? I hope you weren't planning on conning these boards, after all."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.702587

>>702585
"Erm.. Are you okay Chorazin" Shei-Sher takes the time to unlatch the switch-cane still pierced into the coffin wrap it around the coffin, tying the chains together. "You can get off now. My minions will take care of the rest. Just relax and after we are done here I'll diagnose your body for maintenance."

Gigganox and Pheo rolls

>Lightning Shock: Ranged, Recharge 2; Blasts a target with a jolt of lightning, causes Paralysis for 1 turn on 9+

[1d10] Lightning

>Malleable Morphology

[1d10] burning the coffin

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.702588

>>702586
Flow can tell that the water is absolutely vile and not safe for subsuming into himself.

 No.702589

>>702585
>>702584
>>702579
Flaming lets out a cry as her leg is bit and mangled by the turtle, gasping in pain as KP and Flow pull her ashore while Amy continues to blast the hell out of it using her magic. She turns down to look at her leg, cringing at both the pain and the look of it, before turning around to look in the water. "Where did it go-!? I couldn't even-"

She turns to look as LJ dives into the water, letting out another shriek. "JOURNEY! What are you doing?!"
Amid her frenzied state, her horns glow white, unconciously casting a prayer for Journey as he dives in
>Prayer for Salvation on Journey

>>702586
Flaming lets out a cough, trying to move her leg. "Y-yeah! Yeah, I am, just… my leg hurts… I think he bit it." She looks at his leg, eyes widening at the sight of it partially dissolved. "Y-your hoof!"

 No.702590

>>702585
Shei-Sher takes out his lantern and gestures towards the Preta's coffin
"Come, Come. I greater purpose beckons you."

 No.702591

>>702590
>>702585
forgot this
>Resting Comfortably: If a demon is sufficiently weakened (>=10% HP remaining), the user may roll 1d10 to attempt to seize the demon, trapping it inside the Lantern. The roll must beat the percentage of HP that the target has remaining, rounded down.

 No.702592

>Just realized Journey was jumping the *bridge*, not into the water. Change her shouting to
"Journey! Hold on, that thing's still out there!" she calls in worry as he dashes across the bridge

 No.702593

>>702585

Amy studies the water a little bit more with an angry countenance on her dog-like face. Once she is satisfied the turtle is gone, she swims back up and climbs out.

[1d10] if necessary

>>702592
>>702586
>>702584

Amy (still a black wolf) shakes the water off of her fur, most likely getting it on everyone.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.702594

>>702586
"Insurance?" the fox demon asks. "Uh…"
"What does that word mean?" the racoon demon asks.
"Oh he wants a cut, I'll bet," the fox demon says back. "Yeah yeah, you'll get your cut, we'll mail it to you once the profits come in, just hand it over and we'll make sure you get yours."

Vice and Trapper hear Mocha and Box approaching, muttering in suspicion.

 No.702595

>>702588
Flow recoils once he gets the feeling that the water is foul, and opts to drink from a waterskin instead.

>>702589
It starts to fill out as he drinks fresh water.
"Don't worry about me, lass. My limbs are expendable."

>>702593
Flow retches as a tad gets on him.
"Hey! Stop, that stuff tastes like straight trash!"
He tries covering himself with the raincoat.

>>702594
Vice shakes his head.
>"We want something in exchange for the boards right now. We're strangers, so it's obvious we won't trust you with the boards this very moment, my friends. We need you to give us something, so we know you won't just run off with the boards. That's what insurance is."

Trapper goes up to Box and Mocha.
>>"Oi oi, we've got quite the business offer."
He proceeds to tell them about the two strange demons who showed up, and about their offer.

 No.702596

>>702585
>"Phew, that was close."
KP sighs as Flaming is saved.
>"Let's get past this bridge as quick as possible. I don't want to see that turtle again."


>>702585
"I can prepare a few magic bolts, though my weapons is probably what should we focus on. I can work with just about anything, so what would mesh well with you?"

 No.702597

>>702595
As he drinks some water, she frowns, "Still… that must have been painful. You just told me about how you dissolve in water, and you still risked your limb to pull me out… thank you."

>>702593
As Amy shakes off her water like a dog, Flaming puts up her hooves playfully, smiling at first as she gets her wet. "Hahah, A-Amy, cut it out…"

However, as she remembers Flow's weakness to the water, she quickly stands up on her gimpy leg and hobbles over to act like a barrier, keeping the water from landing on the goo warrior.

 No.702598

>>702597
Flow waves a hoof.
"It's no problem, Shorty. I'm just trying my best to keep you lot safe."
He can't help but smile as she hobbles over to shield him from the foul water.
"You know, my old raincoat still works, lass…"

 No.702599

>>702593
>>702589
>>702596
>>702586
>Flow restores 1 wound
As LJ jumps to the other side, he lands securely, while Amy crawls up onto the bridge and dries herself off. LJ protectively scoops up her torch and covers it to keep it lit while she does. Zjetya quickly follows, first ferrying over KP and then Spitshine.

LJ carefully inspects Flaming's leg, and while it's been chomped on badly, it will be fine once disinfected, and still useable now. He helps her up and then snorts. "KP's got the right idea… I don't see it in the water anywhere. C'mon, let's move, just be careful across the bridge. Especially you, Flaming."

>>702596
"You can?" River asks. "The only thing I've ever seen you do is magic. Yes, go ahead and make us some."

>>702595
"How about we give you the ability to keep living on the gods' green earth?" the fox asks, quickly losing his patience. As Mocha and Box roll up, he elbows the racoon demon and the racoon puts away the knife.

Mocha narrows her eyes but doesn't say anything. Box growls like a wild animal, spooking the two demons.

"Uh… what I meant to say was…" the fox says, his eyes darting around. "Oh! Well, I suppose we *might* have something to trade."

>>702587
>>702587
After you chain up the coffin, Chorazin leaps off, stretching and rolling her neck and shoulders. "No need. But using my strongest powers in quick succession takes a lot out of me. I'll have to get myself back in shape."

After you capture the preta as well, the crowd begins an awkward applause, apparently quite intimidated by the display the two of you put on. Attendants start to fix and clean up the arena, while the doctors at the medical tents wave you over to be treated for injuries.

 No.702600

>>702595
>>702597

Upon being told what to do, the wolf-like Amy's head snaps in their direction in a flash. She looks at them with bared teeth and a blankness in her eyes.

However, she quickly shakes her head and her body reverts to normal. Her tattoos glow on her face. "S-sorry," she stammers.

>>702599
>>702597

"Here, for your leg," Amy says, handing Flaming a potion.

>Natural Remedy [1d10+3]


Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.702601

>>702600
>>702597
Amy treats the injury in Flaming's leg, restoring 1 wound.

 No.702602

>>702599
Flow puts the Tsurugi in its scabbard and marches onwards, torch held high.

Vice smirks.
>"Good to see that you're becoming more reasonable. Now, what could you possibly have that could compensate us for our net loss during this… little trade of ours?" Vice speaks with an unnatural slyness in his voice, catching even Trapper off guard.

>>702600
Flow squints at Amy while she's still in her wolf form, and strokes his chin before continuing onward.
"Not a problem, Amy. Just give me a warning beforehand, yeah?" he asks with a chuckle.

 No.702603

>>702598
"You've done a great job so far. If you didn't pull me out…"
As he insists he's got a rain coat, she shakes her head. "Water hurts you, so let me repay you back this little bit! I won't let a drop get on you."

>>702600
As Amy returns to normal, Flaming takes a look towards the wolf-turned-pony with a look of comfort, "It's alright. Thanks for helping me out there too, that was scary…"

As Amy lends her a potion for her leg, Flaming smiles and grabs at it a little too eagerly, pulling out the cork to down it. "And thanks for that too! This kinda hurts."

>>702599
As Journey inspects Flaming's leg, the buffalo can't help but blush a little at the attention, and moves a hoof to push at Journey's head. "I-it's fine, quit worrying about it! Just a little nibble is all." Nonetheless, she accepts his help in standing up, leaning against him as they move onwards across the bridge.

"Hey, I could have made that jump! I just… it was hard to gauge the distance in the dark, was all! You only made it cause you saw me mess up first."

 No.702604

>>702603
Flow rolls his eyes.
"It doesn't hurt me, lass. Only if I get dunked. And this water isn't acid or anything, it just tastes like…"
He visibly shudders.
"Like sewage…"

 No.702605

>>702599
>"Thanks Zjetya."
KP says as she flies him over.

KP looks down the bridge.
>"Do you guys think this'll be worse than that other bridge?"
He asks as he starts to walk down along it, horn glowing warmly as he tries to dry up some of the water.
>Bridge Dry [1d10]



>>702599
"I never thought of trying to share the bolts. They always floated close, so I just assumed I couldn't. Let me try.
Pryce says as his horn lights, making some fireballs to test.
>Homing Magic [Fire] [Fireballs] [1d10]
"Though, I can only make one weapon at any time, so we're limited on that front."

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.702606

>>702599
Observing the energy of the crowd Shei says "I think using my lantern might not have been a good idea."

"I was being serious about the maintenance Chorazin. Allow me a moment to run my mercury on your bodily machinations. You might even see it can be a soothing experience."

First thing when they enter the tents, assuming Chorazin is compliant. Shei-Sher takes his vial of mercury and while wearing leather gloves on his hooves uses the convection of alchemical magic to run the current of mercury fluid through her body, inside the creases and restoring any chips, oxidation or wear that may be present.
>TINKER: Can repair broken objects, restore negative quality weapons to +0, fix up worn down loot to make it more valuable or get a poorly working mechanism back into shape.
[1d10] This mostly rp, but if it can have mechanical uses that'd be cool too

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.702607

>>702602
"We do happen to have a certain weapon, a very old relic that has survived quite a few battlefields," the fox says. "It can take the form of either a bow or a sword, depending on what the user prefers. As for its other qualities, however, you'd have to find them out for your own, take it to a smith or an appraiser of magic items. Sound gooooooood?"

 No.702608

>>702605
Pryce is unable to hand the bolts over to River.

"Well, that's no problem. You said you can use anything as a weapon? Well, I'd like to see that in action. Make something wild that nobody would think could be a suitable weapon. I've got my spear, as usual."

 No.702609

>>702607
Vice slowly nods.
"Mind if we get a demonstration first? After all, you saw how these boards work."

 No.702610

>>702606
Chorazin does not allow you to perform the maintenance on her, but takes the vial of mercury anyway. "I will do it myself, thank you," she says, clearly feeling rather protective of her new body as she goes off by herself.

Meanwhile, the medics treat you for the injuries you received during the fight, cleaning and bandaging any wounds.

>restored to full H/W


"If you're well enough to move, get back to the stands," a medic says. "We have a lot of fights lined up so we'll need all the space we can get."

 No.702611

>>702603
>>702607

Amy picks up her torch and nods at Flaming. "That's what big sisters are for," she says with a smile. Though, it seems a bit forced.

>>702602

"Sorry, I don't really think ahead much."

 No.702612

>>702611
Flow smiles, and stops to give Amy a pat on the head.
"It's fine, lass. Just be glad it wasn't poisonous water."

 No.702613

>>702612

"If it was poisonous water, I think I'd be in more trouble than you," Amy laughs.

 No.702614

>>702613
"Aye, I'd have had to pull you outta the water too," Flow grins and tousles Amy's mane.

 No.702615

>>702614

Amy wags her tail as Flow "pets" her mane.

 No.702616

>>702611
>>702605
>>702603
>>702602
The bridge is rather narrow, and to traverse it safely, you're forced to walk very slowly and cautiously in a tight grouping, though KP's fire helps dry the water still on the bridge to keep you from slipping at any point. Every shadow in the corner of your eye seems like it could be the turtle monster, making the walk highly nerve-wracking.

You lose track of time, but eventually reach the end of the bridge. There is much water ahead of you, but just at the end of the torchlight, you see a dry surface. It's another gap that you'll have to cross somehow, about twelve feet in length.

>>702609
The racoon and fox look at one another, then nod. The fox produces a bag of holding, and from it, he withdraws a long, curved scabbard. He draws the sword contained inside, and Vice sees that the sword is half-broken, the blade ending about partway through.

The fox tightens his grip, and a ghostly energy extends from the broken blade, becoming a complete sword. "To turn it to a sword or bow, just flex your willpower and imagine the weapon you want." Indeed, in a moment, the sword turns itself into a large half-broken bow, with the broken part being completed by spectral energy. The fox tugs on the string at the midpoint, and a translucent arrow appears automatically.

 No.702617

>>702608
"Well, I guess this worked for prepping then."
Pryce says as the fireballs do not leave him.

"Yea, as long as I can think of it. It started as a joke another squire made of my magic back in training, but when it worked the knights suggested I keep to it."
Pryce says fondly.
"Alright, I'll try to think of something fun to go with a spear for when we go in."

 No.702618

>>702610
>>702599
"Right, right" Shei responds to the medics

He walks at a brisk pace to catch up with Chorazin. "I apologize if I was being insensitive, but I did build that -erm.. vessel, body you inhabit. I will try not to be officious about it but I have seen angels before that had gotten rusty, even developed an oily slick and corruption in the worst cases. To no certain degree do I know if their filth were bore from pathology or the other way around but there is something profound about cleanliness in angels and I just want to make sure you have the care needed."

Shei-Sher travels to the stands and then makes his way to where he was told mfaniyabiashara was present.

 No.702619

>>702604
Flaming blinks a few times. "O-oh… w-well, you're welcome anyway! Amy was shaking off so much water, I wouldn't be surprised if it was like dunking you."

As he mentions it tasting like sewage, she bleches, "Ew… I'm glad I didn't get much of a mouthful when I went under." She sniffs herself, peeling back at the scent, "I-I think it got on my fur, though…"

>>702611
Flaming smiles widely, "Then I'm lucky to have a big sister as good as you. She takes note of the less than genuine smile though, and asks,
"You alright…?"

>>702616
>>702605
Flaming turns to Pryce, "I guess we'll find out… but, at least we know what's at the bottom of 'this' bridge if we fall off." She steels her gaze at the narrow walk-way ahead, and using Little Journey for support, she matches on, trying to keep careful footing as possible on the slick bridge as the party moves onwards, taking her flame back from Spitshine in the process as she looks around for the turtle monster.

As they reach the next gap, she looks at the jump ahead, and says, "Probably no sense risking it this time… Zjetya, can you fly us all over one at a time?"

 No.702620

>>702617
>>702606
You hear a voice over a magic intercom. "Attention! The next competitors are now due in the arena! The betting booths are open, and betting will conclude when the next match begins, in ten minutes!"

"That's us, that's us!" River says to Pryce. "Come along, I'm excited!"

>>702618
"Yes, yes, yes, but I still am a lady, Shei," Chorazin points out. "You may have provided the material for my form, but I decided my shape and I know how to take care of it. I know you've only ever seen the 'murder everyone and everything' part of me, but I have my sensibilities."

 No.702621

>>702618
After receiving treatment, you head over to a corner, where you see a youthful zebra male with a large backpack. His clothes are somewhat ragged, and his body is quite scarred with fresh injuries. He nods as you approach, but doesn't say much.

 No.702622

>>702616

"How are we going to cross THIS?" Amy says in frustration, looking at the gap.

>>702619

"Yeah…" Amy responds slowly. "I'm just… scared…"

 No.702623

>>702616
Flow purses his lips as they reach the second gap.
"This one might be too long to jump…"

Vice slowly nods as the demon shows them the power of the weapon, then motions to Mocha.
>"Alright. Mocha here will be our middleman. Give the sword to her, and she'll hand you the boards, no strings attached. Just uh, make sure you don't show them off around the city, the guy who hired us might get suspicious."
He hands the boards to Mocha, and waits for the demons to make their move.
>"And trust me, she can and will kick your asses if you try anything."

>>702619
"It'll be fine, just…take a bath when we get out of here. For your sake."

 No.702624

>>702616
KP stops his horn once they reach the end, giving it a tap.
"Ouch, that was getting a little too warm there."
He ;ooks across the gap, too far to jump and too far to fly safely if that turtle shows up again.
>"If that stupid turtle wasn't after us we could just swim this. Anypony got any ideas?"


>>702620
Pryce stands as the announcement goes out, extended a hoof to River.
"Let's hurry on then."

 No.702625

>>702620
>but I have my sensibilities."
Shei-Sher shows a more embarassed expression now at his ignorance "N-No I realize that I just I -ehh.. I'll stop talking about it. Sorry."

>>702621
Shei-Sher approaches the zebra "Mister Mifanyabiashara? Is that you?"

 No.702626

>>702622
Flaming frowns, "You're scared…?"
She tries to bear a grin. "H-hey, it's okay, Amy. I'm pretty scared too, you know?"
>>702623
Flaming frowns, taking another whiff of herself as she cringes. "BLegh… yeah, I think I'm REALLY going to like that. I wonder if we can take a Corridor to Ecclessia's base, there was a great hot springs there."

 No.702627

>>702624
>>702623
>>702622
>>702619
"I can fly you across no problem," Zjetya says with a rather subtle flex of an arm. "But this gap is the perfect spot for that turtle to leap up at us midway across. You'd need to make a distraction to make sure I can carry you safely over there."

"Or I could fling someone," LJ offers. "Like one of those stag beetles with the big horns. Though there's no guarantee of your safe landing on the other side."

>>702623
Mocha fixes Vice and Trapper with a dirty look. However, she nods. The fox hands her the weapon, and then she hands them the boards.

The two demons snicker. "Yeah, yeah, you got it boss! Enjoy it!" the fox says. He and the racoon demon start to bolt.
"Heheh! We finally got rid of it!" the racoon says as the two run away.

Mocha continues giving the goos the dirty look.

>>702625
Mfaniyabiashara nods. You remember seeing him in a variety of forms in the past - an old zebra, a middle aged stallion, even a young colt no older than Spitshine. "Your fight was… an admirable effort, Shei. If only other parts of the world were as safe as this."

>>702624
You and River head down to the arena, and after a moment, Busta and his partner come down as well from the other side. You see that Busta is joined by a trio of floating skulls, which exude a ghostly smoke from their mouths and pale glowing eyes. Busta is clearly nervous but confident, while the skulls bow in unison. "Let's have a fair fight, everyone," they say as one.

 No.702628

>>702626

"It's not the same," Amy mumbles. "We need to get out of this cave."

>>702627

"Fling me, LJ," Amy says as she hands her torch off to Zjetya.

 No.702629

>>702627
"It is a nice abode I suppose." Shei says, a bit awkward to the idea "Provides.. something for demons to be a cohesive element to society, maybe.."

"I came to ask you about the demons I've been sending you through the lantern. For what purpose are you having me do this?"

 No.702630

>>702627
Flow crouches down to look into the water.
"A distraction, eh? We don't have much room to work with, so I haven't a clue as to what we can even do in the first place."

Vice takes the sword out of its scabbard.
>"Was this really worth it?"
>>"Ah, it don't matter, lad. All the bloke wanted was the info, we can just say that we broke the board and lost the pieces! The bloody thing looked like it wasn't complicated to make, yeah?"
>"Yeah, but. We also have to tell him that he has to give in a copy of his research to the guards. In addition to losing his boards."
Vice looks at Mocha, and hastily looks away.
>"Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have listened to you…"
>>"Wot? I don't see the bleedin problem, ya daft cunt!"
>"Shut up, those were his, and we just exchanged it for a stupid sword!"
Vice throws a strike at Trapper, and they start getting into a fight.

 No.702631

>>702627
>"Hmmm, does anyone have any bait? Like a worm or something? We could try to trick it and pull it somewhere else with some food so we can all get across."


>>702627
Pryce steps into the arena, the four fireballs he conjured floating around his neck close to his body. A small tinge of strangeness flows through him. He's used to stage performing, but arena fights are a different deal. He glances over at the trio of skulls, a little surprised at the kinda of partner Busta picked.

Pryce nods.
"A fair fight, and no holding back."

 No.702632

>>702628
Flaming frowns at that comment, now noticeably a bit concerned. "W-why isn't it the same…?"

>>702627
>>702628
>>702630
>>702631
As they discuss ways to throw out some sort of bait to distract the turtle from biting down on whoever is being flown over, Flaming throws up her hoof at the suggesiton of Little Journey's catapult idea.

"I like the idea about flinging us over! If we're going too fast, he won't even have the opportunity!"

She sits on her rump, thinking, "But… that does leave whoever is doing the FLINGING left behind back here… so we'll probably still need the bait to work out how to get them over. Nevertheless, I'll volunteer for the first volley, let's try it out!"

 No.702633

>>702632

"I don't want to scare you…" Amy says awkwardly. "But, when I turned into a wolf just now… If I lose control here, how am I NOT going to hurt you in this small space?"

"I've had experiences with caves before. They were fine because I was alone. But, I wasn't exactly controlling myself…"

 No.702634

>>702630
"I won't sell you out to him," Mocha says. "But we should tell him that the demons got the boards. You can omit the details if you want."
"Honesty is the best policy!" Box says.

>>702629
He laughs. "They're deluding themselves if they think this is sustainable. Demons have never been able to live amicably with mortals. It is by their nature that they are at odds. They have merely pushed off the problem into the future."

"The market for demons is quite good," he adds. "I make quite a killing off of them. Tamers will pay out the nose for more subjects to experiment on, fuse with, or simply use as cannon fodder."

>>702631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs8LPvutrlI

"Begin!" the announcer declares.

Busta is the first to strike, swinging at you with his bare fly fists. [1d10+2]

The skulls begin to chatter their teeth, preparing a spell. [1d10+2]

River activates a support spell on you, coating you in a translucent, gray barrier of wind. (Pragma, passive)

>>702630
>>702628
>>702631
>>702632
"Right, Zjetya will have to take me across, and you'll have to cover us," LJ says. Once Amy and Flaming volunteer to be launched, LJ snorts, shakes his horns, and then lowers his head. "Hop aboard and then hold on – and make sure you don't lose your torch!"

[1d10+4] Flinging Flaming
>Flaming, roll for landing

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #2 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #3 5 + 4 = 9

 No.702635

>>702634
Vice grabs Trapper and slugs him straight in the face, which sends him flying back.
>>"Why you bloody!"
He gets up, but sees Vice on the ground, panting.
>"No, we'll tell him the truth."
>>"Wot, d'you want to fookin die, mate? He'll report us for theft for sure!"
>"We have to be honest about this. We made a mistake, and we're paying the price now."
Trapper remains silent as Vice gets up.
>>"…you know, we're not gonna be the ones in trouble. Flow is. He won't be able to show his bloody face in the city if we get in trouble."
>"We're just going to have to explain that to the guards."
They both sit still, pondering what they should do next.

Flow stays crouched as Flaming is flung across the gap.
"…Isn't she…a little heavy?" he muses.

 No.702636

>>702635

"You can't say that about a girl!" Amy says in a huff.

 No.702637

>>702635
"Look, if you're both honest, then no matter what, I'll make sure he doesn't give you an unfair punishment," Mocha says. "Trust me. Especially since I'm still owed a date by the end of this."

 No.702638

>>702634
>They have merely pushed off the problem into the future."
"I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. Some segragation will be required but I can see the utility during a time of crisis. That is not my business however. Whatever fate is instore for this place, as long as it pleases the King it pleases me."

"Well then I need to talk to you about the topic of fusion if it is something an acolyte like I can perform or if not then I would like a contact. I am accompanying a mission past the gates of Tartarus and into the hell. I need a very a powerful demon as my custodian."

 No.702639

>>702638
"Yes, yes, anyone with the proper knowledge and tools can perform a fusion. There are multiple kinds of fusions, which I can explain. Or, if you want to get straight to the fusion, then I can set about choosing some demons for you, depending on what you want this new demon to do."

 No.702640

>>702633
Flaming lowers hear ears, the thought suddenly occurring to her of what would happen if Amy 'went wild' here in this claustrophobic, enclosed space, of her teeth gnashing left and right…

Flaming blinks herself out of her paranoia, however, and tries to put on a strong smile for Amy. "I-I hear you. But don't worry: if you start to get a little crazy, I promise I'll be there to help."

>>702634
Flaming grips on a tight hold of her torch, and climbs up on top of Journey's head preparing for the first launch across. She looks down at him, smiling teasingly. "I swear, you better not only get me half-way there, or I'm kicking your butt. Show me what a buffalo can do, Journey!"

As she's launched through the air, she prepares herself for a graceful roll to land as well
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.702641

>>702640
You smoothly land upon the other side, all while protecting your small torch. As you get your bearings, you see that this part of the temple is quite empty, a welcome relief after all that you encountered earlier. There's only one major fixture you can see by the light of your torch, and it's that there's a basin elevated on a stand, full of wood – just like the one at the beginning of this trial.

 No.702642

>>702634
As the announcer starts, Pryce's horn quickly glows brilliantly like an erupting flame, starting his opening regardless of the oncoming attacks. The fireballs around his neck spin faster and faster until they almost appear as a solid ring, at which a glow pulls two more rings from it. Once they part, they are flung backwards, Pryce stretching out his wings to catch the newly created toy hoops.
>Conjure Weapon [Hula-Hoops] [Dual, Single] [Fire] [DC5] [1d10+1]
The glow around his horn then fires off to the ceiling of the arena (or whatever the highest point that isn't blocked is). The glow spreads around it's impact point, continuing to glow brighter and brighter.
>Orbital Strike [Spear] [Fire] [1d10+1]
>If Success, Duration [1d10]


>>702634
KP looks as LJ goes as tosses Flaming, eyes wide at the fun looking ride.
>"Whoaa…. Now I don't know if I wanna be tossed over or carried over."

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #3 9 = 9

 No.702643

>>702642
>Forgot to add target, Orbital Striking Busta

 No.702644

>>702641
"Yaaaaahoooooooooo!" Flaming lets out a wail as she's tossed across, landing smoothly on the other side with a skid as she looks past the twelve-foot gap to the others. "Hahaha! That was fun! Okay, who's next?!"

She looks around at her surroundings, peering ahead at the basin. "Woah… hey guys, I think our goal is up ahead!"

 No.702645

>>702636
Flow blinks.
“Why not?”

>>702637
The two goos have the blue flushed out of their cheeks, both from embarrassment.
>”Fine…I suppose we can just tell them the whole story.”
>>”A-A date? Oh yeah…”
They both get up and dust themselves off.
>”Well, let’s go tell the scientist the bad news,” he says with a guilty look.
Vice takes a closer look at the sword.

 No.702646

>>702639
>>702634
"Well first let me propose my offer. Shei-Sher holds out an effigy of Pravda's throne. The one he was given by Pravda in Vitral.

The demon lord Pravda of Vitral gave me this. There is a game to be held at a lake residing in Tartarus. This is my tool for summoning the demon lords to participate. A game to decide the next demon king or queen of our realm. Some of these lords will be felled. And while I have no payment to offer you, I can offer you the vanquished lords of this game. When they fall I will siphon them through my lantern. They may not be pleased with it but it is better than dieing in Tartarus I would imagine."

"So your investment in our mission is what I am asking of you. For the sort of demon I would like should have defense and speed being their highest qualifying attributes, and able to carry me with ease."

 No.702647

>>702642
Busta ends up striking your hoop, disrupting it and keeping it from forming, but he is not deterred, and tries to sweep your legs out from under you.
[1d10+2]

When the skull completes its spell, you find yourself bound to the ground with magic chains, unable to move. The skulls float over and attempt to headbutt you.
[1d10+2]

River attempts to butt the skulls with her spear.
[1d10+3]

>>702642
>>702644
>>702645
LJ, Zjetya and Spitshine cautiously study the water, but there is no sign of the turtle. "Uh… I guess we're alright for now," Spitshine says.

"Next in line, Amy!" LJ says, lowering his horns.
[1d10+4]
>Amy, roll for landing

>>702645
The sword, when it is not empowered, appears to be an old and broken katana.

The goos then return to the researcher, who eagerly produces a quill and papyrus as you approach. "Well, then! How was the experiment?"

>>702646
Mfaniyabiashara chuckles, twirling the strap on his backpack very idly. "I would be more than happy to invest in that. And which of the participants will be your champion?"

He starts going through his bag, looking through various containers, full of dark and gnarled jewels, wooden effigies, metal containers, as well as various holy relics, skulls, hearts, and other ancient, decrepit body parts. Each of them swirl with power, apparently containing demons, spirits and other horrors and magical creatures.

"Yes, yes… I can work with that. While I do this, tell me what you know about fusion already so I don't bore you with repeated details."

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8 / Roll #2 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #3 4 + 3 = 7 / Roll #4 8 + 4 = 12

 No.702648

>>702647

Landing! [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.702649

>>702648
You land beside Flaming, but stumble as you hit the ground and have to roll to avoid faceplanting on the cold, hard stone tiles. You are a little bruised, but nothing serious. When you get your bearings, you see what she sees. >>702641

 No.702650

>>702647
Pryce goes to step back as his hoops are disrupted, but fails to move as he's chained down. His horn flashes white, attempting to dispel them.
>Mantra of Purity [Self] [1d10]

As Busta continues his rush at him, Pryce's horn shift to red as he attempts to grab Busta and fling him at the skulls to interrupt their attacks.
>Telekinetic Throw [1d10]


>>702647
KP looks on as LJ continues to toss them across.
>"This is taking a bit. Zjetya can you carry me over again?"

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.702651

>>702649
>>702644

"Woo!" Amy says, as she shakes the dizziness away. "That was fun!" she laughs.

 No.702652

>>702647
Flow rubs his chin.
"Kinda botched landing…not bad."
He steps up to LJ.
"I'll try not to coat you in goo, son."

Vice hums to himself, and straps it on his waist.

When the goos return to the researcher, they hang their heads quite low.
>"We're terribly sorry sir, but we lost the boards."
They begin by telling him about the data that they did get on the boards, and about the guards.
>>"So basically, we hafta fork over a copy of your research over to the city. Or whatever."

 No.702653

>>702647
>>702651
Flaming whoops and hollers as Amy makes her landing, rolling along the ground besides her, trotting up to her to help her to stand. "I know right? Journey has a surprisingly strong throwing horn."

She looks around back towards the basin, pointing it out to Amy. "And look! That basin over there is just like the one we took our torches out of. I bet that's where we put them back in!"

 No.702654

>>702647
"Noo.. I think you should bore me with the details."

"Oh.." Shei-Sher puts away the effigy and digs into his bag "I have this." Shei-Sher shows the vial dark matter.

"My er.. divinatory sources call it dark matter. I'm not really sure of its applications but it is the same stuff that makes up the firmament. I know that it is quite a decadent offer to be given to deities. The vial is enchanted to provide an infinite supply of anything it contains. So if it could enhance the fusion in any way I would be pleased to offer generous amounts."

Shei-Sher peers into the bag, letting Pupil have a clear view of it's contents.
>Appraise
[1d10+1] looking for one with the most immunities or immunity spells, defense and speed

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11