[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1526519142396.jpg (425.45 KB, 1920x1200, Great Big Snowglobe.jpg)

 No.696936

Some people live in their old ways, set in how keeping to tradition is why things kept for so long.

Some people are quick to embrace the new and unknown, convinced that evolution is all that matters.

Some people have abandoned reason as they watched their world ripped asunder and smash into realities thought to be only in the imagination.

Exceptional people of these beliefs have dealt with their realm bleeding into others by fast becoming saviors, diplomats, leaders, caretakers, salvagers, scavengers, conquering heroes or scheming villains. Throughout the world, every expanding inch of it, opportunities are popping up for these exceptional people to prove themselves; for profit or charity…

Somewhere in a great underground dungeon made of steel and glass are some of these people who are quickly meeting back-to-back as they face tribals carrying spears and blugeons from all directions!

 No.696937

"Get back, you big, blubbering barbarians!'
My hat flashes as I unleash my Wrath upon them.
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.696939

>>696936
"Don't even try it dears."
simply aim my pistol at one of these spear using tribal folk.

 No.696940

>>696937 (Flon)
You illuminate 5 of them far too close with their pointy ends, and send each flying over their kin into walls and through doorways. Another two push towards you swinging thin clubs over your horned head.

>>696939 (Myra)
A brilliant flash illuminates your silhouette against five of these humanoid people pointing their weapons at you. They pause from seeing other tribals flying through the air but don't completely stop.

"Nein! Gib dein ess'n!"

 No.696941

>>696940
I try to leap over their attacks.
"Too slow!"
'1d10+1'

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.696942

>>696940
Sigh and shoot at their legs, maybe it will stop their advance.
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.696943

>>696941
Oh wait the racial is DC-1 and not +1.

 No.696945

>>696941 (Flon)
You leap over their attacks and to the left, flanking one while keeping the other from attacking you. Not far away the tribals hit by Wrath are cursing in some hard language as they search for their weapons.

>>696942 (Myra)
You shoot the fleshy thigh of one tribal and they yelp, backing away. This encourages the others to slowly back away from a prey that's fighting them.

 No.696946

>>696945
I grab a rock off the ground and trow it at the nearest tribal.
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.696947

>>696945
>>696946
Let's make an illusion of this rock throwing hard hat wearer, so it looks like there are multiple rocks headed toward the barbarians from multiple of Flon.
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.696948

>>696946 (Flon)
You hear a dull cracking sound from hitting the tribal humanoid, it staggers and gets pushed out of the way by another who brings their long staff into a downward swing!

>>696947 (Myra)
Your non-pistol wielding glove lights up and another capra appears from behind you throwing a rock at one more tribal. The tribal dodges it and thrusts their weapon to miss the illusory capra!

 No.696949

>>696948
'1d10+2' I'll focus on attacking the tribal going after the fake capra.

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.696950

>>696948
I cartwheel bast him, into the middle of the group, and unleash another Wrath.
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.696952

>>696949 (Myra)
You hit the tribal square in the side of its head, frying their noggin. As that one drops like a sack of potatoes, your illusion joins the real capra!

>>696950 (Flon)
You're in the middle of at least 5 to 6 of these tribals as your fabulous hat explodes with magical energy and cackling sparks! More of the tribals fly in various directions and those who weren't affected begin to quickly disperse into the dark hallways.

Combat is finished, most of the tribals affected are slowly disappearing. You both are in a large hallway where there are glass walls opposite each other reflecting what little light there is. Your steps echo off tiled floors as you can hear the soft pattering of tribal feet further out.

 No.696953

>>696952
>>696950
put the pistol away on my belt and go see that capra.
"Throwing rocks? Are you sure you aren't a tribal yourself?"

 No.696955

>>696953
"What? It works."
I look up and down the hallway.
"Which way did we come?"

 No.696956

>>696955
"Above somewhere. Eager to leave already? There could be treasure.."

 No.696957

>>696956
"Well, yeah? I don't want to go backwards already. Let's go!"
I head left.

 No.696958

The smell of burnt flesh doesn't fill your nostrils down here, and the soft echo of wind comes from behind the drakin. Very likely where the entrance eventually is.

>>696956
>>696957
Further into the dungeon?

 No.696959

>>696958
Further in.

 No.696960

>>696958
>>696959
Downwards and toward the danger.
"Since you're sticking around, call me Myra."

 No.696961

>>696960
"And you can call me Fron!"

 No.696962

>>696959
>>696960
Further into the dungeon you can still hear the soft footsteps of the tribals echoing. It's not long following the wide path before you come to the hallway's end: A large doorway with no handles to it.

 No.696963

>>696961
>>696962
"Fron, you're pretty quick footed, feel around for a switch on the walls. I'll try pushing here."
And attempt pushing on the door.

 No.696964

>>696962
I run my hands over the walls and light my way with my hat if need be while looking for anything unusual.
'1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.696965

>>696963
>>696964
It takes some time to find a way past the doors, but you both settle on prying them apart just long enough to get through before they slowly close in on you again. On this side of the hallway you're in opens up roughly 15m away where round tables dominate the space with simple non-wooden chairs. Most of these tables were set into small huts or makeshift walls with the chairs to help keep them in place. In here it's easy to see that fights broke out, and people were either killed or injured before getting carried away from here. Currently this entire area is deserted. There is enough light here to show that this is a food hall of other-worldly origin, and that it has halls leading to the north, east, and west.

 No.696966

>>696965
I walk around claw gliding over the chairs. "I wonder if the other rooms are from the same place."
Then pick up a chair and slide it into the west hall, seeing if anything reacts.

 No.696967

>>696965
"Who knows?"
I check the north door.

 No.696968

>>696966 (Myra)
The chair slides audibly into the hallway and then immediately stops. There are a few moments of silence before the chair is kicked back towards you! It misses by inches and crashes towards the east hallway.

>>696967 (Flon)
The North door has no handles either, but there are dark brown stains where it parts as well as on the floor. You hear something hard crash behind you!

 No.696970

>>696968
"Hellooo?" I try calling down the hall.

 No.696972

>>696968
I spin around. What was that?

 No.697383

The sound of heavy calloused feet echo from the west hall, perhaps from one?

 No.697384

>>697383
I get to the side for an ambush.

 No.697385

>>697383
>>697384
"There's someone down there, and they seem angry." I tell the capra.

 No.697386

>>697385
I nod.

 No.697387

'1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.697388

>>697385
A gust circles around you and a small stinging sensation snaps at your lower right side. -1 Hit
>>697384
You are at the north hallway looking towards the faint light that Myra's gloves give off. Something cuts in front of that light behind her!

 No.697389

>>697388
I cartwheel over and hit it with Wrath while giving a hug.
'1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.697390

>>697388
"Oh, that tickles." I taught the unseen attacker, and step back making an illusion copy of myself to trick the enemy with.
'1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.697391

>>697389 (Fion)
You see the figure bounce back, punching the air where they thought you'd be. A quick grab and silent incantation illuminates an ergonomic open sideroom and a human male whose features start to deteriorate with the light! The human screams with pain and fights to get you off.

>>697390 (Myra)
You whirl around and topple over as your right leg starts to go numb. This isn't helplessness, but moving from here will incur a -1 to rolls.

 No.697392

>>697391
I handspring backwards and throw a rock at it.
"It's a grue!"
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.697393

>>697391
"It got my leg.." I complain.
I guess I'll stick with ranged weaponry then, let's try shooting the human.
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.697394

>>697392
The rock you throw sails through the air and bounces off some tables. Footsteps come around your left and bring a stinging scrape across your upper neck. -1 Hit
>>697393
You shoot towards the humanoid's last location, illuminating him with each failed shot as he circles the short capra and then brings an even harder cut into your shoulder! -1 Hit

 No.697395

>>697394
"I'm learning your pattern grue." I squint at him and predict a little better, hopefully, and hit him. '1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.697396

>>697394
I do a handspring backwards and lash out at it with my hooves.
'1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.697398

>>697395
You roll on the ground and catch his faint outline and strike the creature's upper back. It shrieks and disappears towards the South hallway.

>>697396
You jump into your hand and hit the wall as your upper back is beginning to go numb. This isn't helplessness but using your arms will incur a -1 to rolls.

 No.697399

"My arms! My hairy, wonderful arms! AHHH!"
I flip back up using only my legs.
'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.697400

>>697395
Also you begin to have feeling return to your legs, take no movement penalties.

 No.697401

>>697398
>>697400
"It went this way."
Giving pursuit of the creature, toward that south hall.

 No.697402

'1d10' also a roll

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.697403

>>697399
Jumping with unusable arms makes landing difficult, forcing you to prop yourself up using the wall.

>>697401
You run into the sliding doors that had to be forced open, nothing here. Then a low snarl alerts from behind!

 No.697404

>>697403
I chase after Myra.
"Careful!"

 No.697405

>>697403
spin around behind me, and try to cast an illusion of a well lit feast on the creature's mind.
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.697407

>>697404
You join Myra and the thing at the south hallway as the humanoid starts gnashing at Myra!

>>697405
You see the creature's beady eyes light up as it starts gnashing into the air. The illusion was a success but his teeth are mere inches away from your face!

 No.697408

>>697407
I slide forwards, between her legs, and hit it with Wrath again.
"Take this!"
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.697409

>>697407
then now is the time, attack him while he's engaged with that fake feast.
'1d10+2' "Your breath is awful."

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.697412

Approaching from a western hallway, torch in hand, I'll continue down the last way I saw that weird creature go.

 No.697413

>>697408
You take off at a run as the doors to the west hallway crack open. An earthy colored drakin pokes his head out with torchlight overhead. The brightness is distracting and causes you to slide into the creature's leg, he kicks you into the wall -1 HIT

>>697409
You hold your pistol under his chin and fire. The creature's chin is slightly glowing burnt. It thrashes backwards from you!

 No.697414

>>697413
I'll heal Flon if she needs it.
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.697415

>>697413
"For a former human, you're not bad. " Shrug and try an improvised attack with something around here. '1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.697418

>>697413
I'll start back in surprise at the scuffle going on in front of me, and skitter backwards a few steps while jabbing with my spear.
"What in the god damn-!"
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.697419

>>697414
Your hat glows, painting you to the creature while holy light fills Myra's injuries. The humanoid lifts you into the air but drops you again-

>>697415
Warmth fills your injuries as you grab a chair and break it over the creature's back. The metal and stiff-material chair doesn't last past the initial strike, though you do keep it from attacking Fion!

>>697418
You jab at the air, the creature shrieking at the light you bring. It claws at you before retreating!


This thing disappears towards the tables and chairs!

 No.697421

>>697419
I give chase!
'1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.697422

>>697419
"Is it leading us somewhere?" I suggest as I follow it, trying to shoot its leg.
'1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.697423

>>697422
"Who knows?"

 No.697424

>>697419
Well, it doesn't like fire, if nothing else.
But what are these other two? Keeping an ear trained on where that thing went, I'll look them over.
>>697422
"Seems more like it's running away from the light to the darkest place it can get."

 No.697425

>>697424
"Underestimating an enemy is a bad idea, but nice attitude."

 No.697426

>>697425
"Well, it certainly didn't take well to your blasting magic. It could be running from that too."

 No.697427

>>697421
You rush towards the creature's retreat as something hot pierces your back! The searing pain causes sensation to return As you no longer have any movement penalties with your arms!

-2 Hits

>>697422
You shoot Fion in the back!


The creature thrashes around behind some tables before everything goes quiet from it again.

 No.697428

>>697426
"Myra brand magic is a trade secret." I wink at this dog-creature. "You don't seem too crazy yet."

 No.697429

>>697427
"Ow!"
I glare at her over my back then heal myself.
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.697430

>>697428
I'll be a bit leery of this… lizard? Thing.
"Not crazy, no."
I'll hold my torch up while scanning the room. Aside from that pile of debris the creature took cover behind, how's the room look?

 No.697431

'2d10'

Roll #1 5, 9 = 14

 No.697432

>>697429
You heal yourself enough that the pain becomes a slight stinging. The humanoid is gone from this place. 4/5 Hits

>>697430
You hear the thing quickly going on all fours towards the West hallway, it will be there next turn!

 No.697434

>>697429
"My mistake dear."

 No.697435

>>697430
"Wait, hey, who are you?"

 No.697436

>>697432
I get a little annoyed at the thing fleeing, and decide to check this room for valuable things instead. '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.697437

>>697432
I'll quickly move back to the western door. Torch-first.
>>697435
"Questions can wait until after this thing is dead."



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]