[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1506879594059.jpg (2.12 MB, 4800x2700, MLP - Luna48.jpg)

 No.689017

Bit of a warning here, but the Internet is fickle where I live and tends to go out for no reason at all for brief to extended periods of time. I'll do what I can to restore it if it does go out. Thank you for your patience and I hope you're all doing well.

It's been 2 years…

At least that's what it feels like. After you and Luna fell asleep, the two of you met up again in your dreams. It was here that Luna explained to you the full potential of Heart Song and Kris' hideaway. Time outside of it stood still for as long as the door was sealed and two beings were inside. This allowed whoever used it as much time as they wished to be with the one they loved without any consequences that time might take on they body, and without the world going on without them.

This coupled with Luna's powers over dreams meant that the two of you could essentially live your lives here and explore whatever worlds or possibilities your minds could imagine together. The thought of abandoning the world outside and spending eternity dreaming with Luna was tempting, and Nightmare Moon and made this offer on more than one occasion, but you both knew that you'd have to take care of Tiamat eventually. Leaving things as they were wouldn't feel right to either of you.

Two years was nothing more than a moment to someone who lived over one-thousand, but it was a good moment, and one she would always remember.

The two of you awoke, clinging to each other and taking in everything you both could offer. The desire to fade back into your dreams was almost impossible to resist with Luna resting in your arms. With one more kiss, lingering as long as the two of you could allow, you and Luna gathered up the strength to leave.

"You chose a convenient time to awaken," Luna said and paused for a moment to take a deep breath of the cool night breeze that blew by, her mane restrained by the hairband you'd gifted her. "Celestia should be raising the sun soon, then we head for Halberd's throne room to discuss further planning and preparation."

 No.689018

>Current Inventory:
- A strange key
- A proper sword
- Harmonyllium Compass
- 10,300 bits

>Physical Ability

- +15 to all combat rolls, and perception rolls while in combat

>Magical Ability

- Current spells: Light, Shield (Average), Double (Poor), Disguise (Novice), Magic Blast (Novice)

>Current Affection Levels:

Luna - Lovers[LOCKED]
Nightmare Moon - Lovers[LOCKED]
Lucent - Best Friends[LOCKED]
Gold Heart - Close Friends [LOCKED]
Celestia - Good Friends [LOCKED]

Congratulations! All relationship paths are now locked.

 No.689019

>>689018
>Nightmare Moon - Lovers[LOCKED]
That one is new, isn't it?

Also probably not much else to do than wait for Celestia to raise the sun. Maybe stretch a bit to prepare for the battles that lie ahead

 No.689020

>>689019
>That one is new, isn't it?
Yes

Luna transforms into Nightmare Moon and shrouds you both in her mane. She approaches you, giving you a brief kiss before letting you hop onto her back for the return ride to your room.

"It pains me to admit this," she says, "but during our time together, I have been struggling with the decision to face Tiamat in the open, or seal ourselves in with her until she is imprisoned once more."

Her wings spread out once your comfortable and she leaps into the starry sky.

"The only decision I come to is that I can not allow you to be harmed," she continues, "but I know I can not stop you if you wish to follow my sister and I into this battle. It is not yours to fight and I would be happier knowing that you were safe."

She stops her ascent, holding you both aloft with steady flaps of her wings, and looks back at you.

"I wish for all of our safety, but I am unable to choose the proper course of action. What would you do?"

 No.689021

>>689020
"I can't just leave you to your fate, I'll stand by your side.
Besides, I defeated that dragon commander all on my own so surely I'll be of some help" Wink at her

 No.689022

>>689021
"I can't just leave you to your fate, I'll stand by your side.
Besides, I defeated that dragon commander all on my own so surely I'll be of some help," you say and wink at her.

She sighs and gives you a smile.

"As I expected," she says and dives back towards the palace.

Air rushes past you as Nightmare Moon increases in speed and makes a sharp turn that threatens to throw you from her. Wrapping your arms around her neck, you hold tight as the two of you speed towards your bedroom. The closer you get to it, the faster Nightmare Moon seems to be pushing herself until the two of you come to an abrupt stop near the window.

"As much as your answer displeases me," she says, entering the room and easing you both into a landing near the bed, "Emperor Halberd will be more displeased if we do not have an answer for him by the time we meet again."

Nightmare Moon waits for you to dismount before changing back into Luna.

"I will discuss Celestia's decision with her, but I would rather we make this decision together."

Luna places her hoof in your hand and looks up at you.

"Do we fight here, in Taloran, or in Tiamat's prison?"

There's a lot that could be said about that, and you're sure Luna would be more than willing to have that conversation with you for as long as it takes, but if you already have an answer for her, it would be best to tell her as soon as possible.

 No.689023

>>689022
Do you have a quick recap of what the advantages and disadvantages of the individual locations were?

 No.689024

>>689022
> here, in Taloran
Aren't we in Taloran right now?

 No.689025

>>689024
oh, wait, never mind. this is a list of two locations, not three.

I forgot what was so important about Taloran, I think it was about using Glaurumat's skull in some way to beat Tiamat, wasn't it?

 No.689026

>>689023

>Taloran - Advantages

-Should thing not go well in, you're not sealed in with Tiamat, allowing you to escape if need be
-A larger area means you have a larger force with which to attack her with instead of just a small group


>Taloran - Disadvantages

-Having an open area for you to escape from also means Tiamat does too. You'll have to do everything in your power to keep her from taking off as soon as she's out
-Defeating Kukuri may have called the dragons off for now, but Tiamat can call them all back to her aid once she's out


>Tiamat's Prison - Advantages

-There's nowhere for her to escape so long as Starswirl can use his power to keep her contained

>Tiamat's Prison - Disadvantages

-You're trapped in there with her until either she is imprisoned again, or you die

>>689025
Within Glaurumat's skull is his mind, which Taloran itself essentially uses as a battery for Harmony to make the chains. There's a chance Glaurumat is still alive within his own mind and there is a possibility of making him an ally, but should he turn on you, he'll be even more of a threat than Tiamat.

 No.689027

>>689026
Damn those are some tricky decisions.
Though on the other hand, if we don't defeat her we get the bad ending in either case, so it might be smarter to go down into Tiamat's prison and reduce the risk of her calling the dragons as aid or escaping.

 No.689028

>>689027

"Were you not present," Luna says, "I would have gone into Tiamat's prison with no one other than my sister, but in either case we will have to evacuate Taloran."

Nightmare Moon flashes into being and says "I had hoped you would be too wounded from your last battle to follow me into this one. Your resilience is admirable, if a little annoying in this case."

 No.689029

>>689028
"There is no way you would let me go down there all on my own. And neither will I."

 No.689030

>>689029
There's another flash and Luna is standing before you.

"I would follow you to the end of Equestria and beyond," Luna says and kisses you. "We face Tiamat together in her prison, agreed?"

 No.689031

>>689030
"Yes. I do not see much of an advantage of fighting her outside of it. It only really comes done to you and your sister as well as Merlin and a few other. It's better to keep the risk small."

 No.689032

>>689031
"Yes. I do not see much of an advantage of fighting her outside of it. It only really comes done to you and your sister as well as Merlin and a few other. It's better to keep the risk small."

"A few others?" Luna asks. "I think it would be unwise to bring others, but who did you have in mind?"

 No.689033

>>689032
No one actually, I just thought that they'd want to bring some guards or something. Pierce might want to come along but I'm not sure if that would be a good idea.

 No.689034

>>689033
"No one actually, I just thought that they'd want to bring some guards or something. Pierce might want to come along but I'm not sure if that would be a good idea."

"Emperor Halberd will want him there to be sure," Luna says. "I doubt he will cause any trouble for us and if Emperor Halberd will trust him, as will I."

Sunlight pours in through the window of the bedroom.

"Celestia is awake," Luna says as she glances at the window, then head for the door. "We must hear her thoughts on the matter before we meet with Halberd."

Luna leaves, holding your hand as the two of you walk through the palace. Celestia's room isn't too far from your own, but before you can get there, you spot Baron walking towards you. Seeing you holding hands with the princess distracts him for a moment, but he's focused when he starts to speak.

"Forgive me, Princess Luna," he says, "but our friend Lucent, requests his presence. Her sight has returned."

He seems as grumpy as ever, but more from how tired he looks rather than his usual abrasive demeanor.

 No.689035

>>689034
I guess we should go and visit Lucent then while Luna picks up Celestia. They could either meet us at her room afterwards or we meet in front of Halberd's throne room.

 No.689036

>>689035
You agree to meet with Lucent.

"I'll meet with my sister and join you in Halberd's throne room once we are finished," Luna says, then gives you a brief kiss before dashing off down the hall.

Baron nods at you, turns, and leads the way towards Lucent's room.

"You were out for a few days at least, you know," Baron says. "Lucent didn't stop crying the whole time. Thought you were dead. Made it even worse that she couldn't see you."

Baron sighs.

"I've done what I can to take care of her," he says. "Always will. And if you can't bring yourself to love her, I hope you'll at least do the same. Obviously the princess will always come first for you, but I just can't stand seeing her alone."

Baron stops and turns to face you.

"Lucent's room is up ahead," he says. "Before we go in there, I want you to know that I'm coming with you to fight Tiamat. You're not gonna convince me otherwise and neither is she. I'm not gonna last forever and if you die, she'd be heartbroken. So, I want you to promise me something."

Baron extends a hoof toward you, the scowl on his face as tight as ever.

"We watch each other's backs," he says. "And if one of us does happen to bite the dust, the other one takes care of Lucent. No questions asked. No matter what."

 No.689037

>>689036
She's our best friend so that sounds like a fair deal. Shake his hoof.

"You will probably have to convince Luna and Celestia if you want to come along though. They don't seem all that keen on taking extra support along."

 No.689038

>>689037
You shake his hoof.

"You will probably have to convince Luna and Celestia if you want to come along though. They don't seem all that keen on taking extra support along."

"I'm not going to lie to you," he says in a whisper as you get closer to the door. "My original plan was to just sneak in behind you somehow, but since you're with the princess, I'm hoping you'll put in a good word for me. Either way, I'm going."

Baron opens the door and Lucent is resting in her bed with plenty of pillows and flowers.

"Hey," Lucent says with a beaming smile. "Baron really laid into the rest of the troops who knew me, so some of the guys brought me flowers. For decoration, not to eat."

"Pierce came by to look at her," Baron said. "Says she'll be fine but to have her get some rest, at least for today. All the stress of everything she's gone through and whatnot."

"That dragon knows a lot," Lucent says, then looks at you, smile fading a little as her eyes get brighter.

"How are you feeling?" she says and pats the bed with her hoof.

 No.689039

>>689038
"Never been better. I'm glad to see you are alright again, too"
Ruffle her mane a bit

 No.689040

>>689039
"Never been better. I'm glad to see you are alright again, too" you say as you ruffle her mane.

She laughs, and grabs your arm with her hooves.

Bringing your hand down to her cheek, she stares at you and says, "I missed you, you know?"

Baron coughs and Lucent lets your hand fall.

"Sorry," Lucent says and laughs it off. "Princess Luna probably wouldn't like that very much. Anyway, they're going to take care of Tiamat soon, right?"

 No.689041

>>689040
"Yes. I was just about to go and pick up Celestia for the final meeting with Halberd when Baron found me."

She's totally going to try and convince us that we shouldn't go and then she'll want to come along, too

 No.689042

>>689041
"Yes. I was just about to go and pick up Celestia for the final meeting with Halberd when Baron found me."

"So you're going then?" Lucent says.

"He is," Baron says. "I'm going with him if I can manage it."

Lucent is quiet for a while as she looks out of her bedroom window, her hoof resting on your hand.

"I want to go with you," she says, "but even more than that I don't want either of you to go. Tiamat showed me horrible things. My worst fears and things I never imagined I would be afraid of. I don't want anything to happen to either of you, but I don't feel like there's anything I can do to stop either of you from doing it."

Lucent's eyes begin to well with tears.

"I'm sorry," she says, wiping her eyes with one hoof and gripping your hand with the other. "I'll be fine. You'll be fine. Everything is going to be fine."

Lucent sniffles and grabs a tissue from her bedside table to wipe the tears that are streaming down her face.

"I know there's not a lot that I can do right now but hope for the best," she says. "Just come back okay… okay? I love you, guys."

 No.689043

>>689042
"I promise. Losing is not an option anyway."

 No.689044

>>689043
"I promise. Losing is not an option anyway."

"Yeah, well… I don't plan on dying anytime soon," Baron says, then heads for the door. "Come on. I don't like keeping the royals waiting."

"Goodbye," Lucent says. "I'll see you soon."

Lucent rises up to hug you with everything she has, wings and all.

 No.689045

>>689044
Give her that hug

 No.689046

>>689045
You hug her tight and the two of you hold each for a while. She doesn't say anything as you leave. There's just a sad smile on her face as she waves goodbye to you.

Baron closes the door behind you and leads you to Emperor Halberd's throne room. Seat at the head of the giant table is Halberd. The smaller table on top of it has Celestia, Luna, and a spot for you on one side,while Gold Heart, Thorn, and Pierce are seated on the other.

"Baron?" Gold Heart almost shouts. "What are you doing here? You were relieved of duty to watch over Lucent."

"You're up," Baron whispers.

 No.689047

>>689046
"Baron wants to join us. And from prior experience I doubt anyone can stop him once he has made up his mind."

I'll have to head to bed. Not sure if anyone else is still up, so maybe this is a good point to cut the session?

 No.689048

>>689047
Works for me honestly. Internet is cutting out so frequently I've resorted to phone posting.

Next session is on either the 15th or the 22nd. I'll be posting the date when I find out.

 No.689049

ah man I missed it

 No.689050

>>689048
Thanks for the session AJ!

 No.690117

"Baron wants to join us. And from prior experience I doubt anyone can stop him once he has made up his mind."

"As your commanding officer, I order you to return to Lucent's quarters until we return," Gold Heart says and stomps a hoof on the table.

Thorn huffs in her direction and hot air tousles her mane. With a sigh, Gold Heart steps down from the table.

"Refusal to do so will warrant dismissal from the royal guard."

"You wouldn't," Baron growls.

Celestia frowns and says "I must agree with Gold Heart. The ponies of Equestria are important to me and I want to eliminate the risk of as many casualties as possible."

Baron's sneer fades and he bows before the princess in compliance.

"Gold Heart and Thorn will also be required to stay behind," Celestia continues.

"Princess, please," Gold Heart says, eyes wide.

Celestia glares at Gold Heart and says, "Should my sister and I fail to contain Tiamat, our forces will require a leader to rally them and keep morale high."

Gold Heart reclines against her seat and looks away from the princess. Celestia took a moment to calm herself, taking a deep breath.

"Do not fail your namesake," she says, "or your duty to Equestria."

You feel for both Baron and Gold Heart, but they both have good reasons to stay.

>Lucent [Best Friends]

>Gold Heart [Close Friends]

Maybe you could make your case to have them join to Celestia? This could be your final battle and you'll need all the help you can get. Going in big now might guarantee you the win, but if you fail…

 No.690118

>>690117
Would it be not worth it to throw everything we have when we have the best chance of defeating Tiamat?

 No.690119

>>690118
Celestia's always been strong on having a plan b

 No.690120

>>690117
Gold heart should stay, but Baron should come with us.

Baron is the best pony for what lies beyond us, because we have already made the closest thing akin to a blood path with him and he understands the risks, while gold heart is needed here, at the nerve center of the events, ready to coordinate the troops if everything goes well and also to be the best possible ruler/advisor if everything does go to shit.

Baron's readiness to commit himself to help ponykind to free us of Tiamat does him honor and it would be an insult not to let him come with us.

 No.690121

It's a sound strategy.

 No.690122

I forgot do we have to do the voices when we reply
I voice my replies if it's not too much I promise I won't go overboard

 No.690123

Lemme know what you guys are saying in character with quotation marks.

 No.690124

>>690120
Wait… are you guys going with saying this?

 No.690125

aw yiss

>>690123
"Baron and I have been talking for a long while before this. We made a vow to watch eachother's backs no matter what and to look after what we know it's most important. I looked into his eyes, Celestia. He's not desperate, he's not stupid, he knows the risks and he's more than ready to join our quest to fend off Tiamat for good.
While I'm angry at him for what he's asking, even though demanding would be a more suitable word, I would be honored to have him at my side in our last stand against this monster and I know for a fact that he will never take no for an answer. He's coming with us."

 No.690126

>>690124
Sorry, I had to roll that around my head a bit so it didn't sound too corny.
"Talking for gold heart would really be overstepping here, but If I have anything to say in this, I would vote for her to remain true to her duty and protect equestria from here, at the nerve center of the events, ready to coordinate the troops if everything goes well and… be equestria's new hope in case it does not."

 No.690127

>>690125
Your speech in favor of Baron's participation captures the room's attention. Everyone eyes and ears are open, and when you finish, Luna and Emperor Halberd are smiling. Celestia seems unphased but Gold Heart is staring at Baron.

Baron stands at attention and nods in agreement with your statement. Gold Heart nods back, and then all eyes are on Celestia.

"And do you have anything to say on Gold Heart's behalf?" says Celestia.

"Talking for Gold Heart would really be overstepping here, but If I have anything to say in this, I would vote for her to remain true to her duty and protect Equestria from here, at the nerve center of the events, ready to coordinate the troops if everything goes well and… be Equestria's new hope in case it does not."

"I agree," Princess Celestia says. "Should Taloran fall here, we may very well lose Equestria. We will do what we must to ensure that doesn't happen."

Celestia looks towards Luna and continues.

"My sister trusts your judgement. If you believe Baron will be a valuable asset to in the coming battle, he will be allowed to join us."

Celestia steps away from her seat and approaches Baron. He stands at full attention, eyes straight ahead. Celestia smiles.

"There is someone who cares for you very deeply awaiting your return, Baron," she says. "Our friendships are what give us hope in times of deepest despair. When I look at you, I see her hope and it allows me to put my faith in you."

"I will not fail you, princess," Baron says.

Celestia nods and returns to her seat.

"Celestia, Luna, Baron, and Pierce will be joining you," Emperor Halberd motions to you with a claw. "I shall stay behind and help Gold Heart defend Taloran. I may be old, but I can still put up a fight if I need to."

"Agreed," the table shouts.

"Do you have any other concerns you wish to address before you depart?" Emperor Halberd asks you.

 No.690128


If we haven't checked with Halberd and Celestia about how the compass works, this looks like the perfect time.
Also, I wouldn't object to a parting blessing, if that's possible.
I'll wait five more minutes before writing that down as an in-character question.

 No.690129

>>690127
Taking out the harmonillium compass, I explain what little Luna and I know about it, omitting how we found it knowing fully well that I would have to tell the truth if anyone poses the inevitable question.
"As far as we know, it doesn't have any other power other than guiding me to Luna unerringly, but there might be some other hidden quality that someone more experienced with this metal would know."

"Other than this, I can't really think of anything. We must make haste towards Tiamat's prison and every minute we wait is a minute she can use to strengthen her forces."

 No.690130

drawing a blank otherwise

 No.690131

Nothing's changed since the last time she fought, right?

 No.690132

>>690129
Taking out the harmonyllium compass, you explain what little Luna and you know about it, omitting how you found it knowing fully well that you would have to tell the truth if anyone poses the inevitable question.
"As far as we know, it doesn't have any other power other than guiding me to Luna unerringly, but there might be some other hidden quality that someone more experienced with this metal would know."

"Other than this, I can't really think of anything. We must make haste towards Tiamat's prison and every minute we wait is a minute she can use to strengthen her forces."

"Harmonyllium naturally opposes chaotic elements, as I believe you know," Celestia says. "I admit I'd forgotten you possessed such a valuable material. If we had more time we could harvest as much as we could and make it into a valuable weapon, something I believe Star Swirl was in the process of researching long before Tiamat's resurgence."

"If the compass opposes chaotic elements as you say," says Halberd, "it would make sense it would point to the princesses, but how can it be used to fight against Tiamat?"

"I am unsure," says Luna. "However, Tiamat's prison is a maze within a maze. I'm sure if we were to ever get separated, we could use the compass to bring us together again."

"In any case, we have little time to discuss it," Gold Heart says and turns to you. "As you said, Tiamat is coming and the longer we speak, the greater chance we give her to escape. You must go now."

Pierce nods and everyone rises from their seats. Gold Heart and Halberd have begun discussing strategy against Tiamat while Pierce leads Luna, Celestia, and Baron towards Glaurumat's Mind.

"We've had to make a new door into the prison after the last one was destroyed," Pierce says. "Star Swirl is doing what he can to keep Tiamat as lost as possible, but he won't last long. Tiamat will make an exit if she can't find one."

You go through your inventory to make sure you have everything you need, and take a moment to think if there's anything else you can ask for or about before the descent into Glaurumat's Skull. This will be your last chance.

 No.690133

I have this nagging feeling in the back of my brain that we're missing something incredibly important that would completely alter the events of the quest as we know it

 No.690134

>>690133
oh man I wasn't prepared

 No.690135

>>690134
I'm re-reading the quest recaps for the last ten or so sessions and by just reading them I see that we asked starswirl but we haven't managed to find out what the not-malevolent-presence is.
I've even ctrl-f'd "presence in the last threads and didn't find anything much other than maybe finding that it was Nightmare moon's presence, but that would require a much more careful reading of the entire session instead of just skimming and looking for keywords.

 No.690136

We're never going to be as ready as we want to be and there's no time to grab anything except essentials. As long as we didn't leave anything important, I suppose.

 No.690137

Man, I can't think of anything.

 No.690138

Ready to go then?

 No.690139

Ready.

 No.690140

>>690139
Everyone is quiet for the descent into Glaurumat's Skull. You feel that there's nothing more that really needs to be said or done. You all know what you have to do… and what happens should you fail.

Luna eases herself underneath your arm and rests her head against you. You almost wish you'd never left the secret chamber. The best you can do is make this moment last for as long as possible. Try not to think about what you're heading toward and just focus on Luna.

Her ethereal mane wisps between your fingertips as she brings her lips up to kiss your hand. She holds one of her hooves against it and looks at you, eyes filled with longing and a bright, gleaming smile. There's no fear in her over what might be lost, no doubts over whether you'll fail or succeed. When she looks at you, she sees only you, and you will never be able to help feeling the same.

"I love you," she says, and rises up on her hind legs enough to kiss you.

 No.690141

Locked and loaded.

 No.690142

Of course we love her too
Kiss her instead of talking her to death

 No.690143

>>690140
Kiss that beautiful blue pone back, hold her close and and look into those beautiful eyes of hers.
Don't say a word, words are unnecessary. We both already know everything there is to know.

 No.690144

>>690143
>>690142

You wrap your arms around her and kiss her. For a moment, you hear two voices, one of them belonging to the stars and the other to Celestia. Because they both spoke at the same time the speech was muddled, almost inaudible, but hearing those voices was enough to shake you from losing yourself in Luna.

"Did you say something sister?" Luna asks, still holding on to you.

Celestia smiles, keeping here eyes focused on the descent.

"Nothing," she says. "Just remembering an old saying."

"We're here," Pierce announces as the light from Glaurumat's Skull comes into view.

[continued]

 No.690145

>>690144
The portal is almost complete. A single piece is all that's required to activate it and it's being held in place by Star Swirl, who struggles to keep his eyes open and remain standing.

"Fantastic," he smiles. "Hurry, through the portal. She's getting close to an exit."

The final piece of the portal is set and a pitch black hole opens before you. Pierce leads the way, flames leaking from his open mouth to act as a torch. Celestia and Baron follow close behind while Luna remains at your side.

"I'll try and tire her out with the maze from my end," he continues as a few dragon guards carry the Chains of Harmony through the portal in a large coil. "Take one end with you in case you need to find your way back, and bind Tiamat with them when you find her."

The dragon guards rush out as you step through the portal with Luna.

"Good Luck," Star Swirl says, and your enveloped in darkness.

A vicious roar quakes the ground. Tiamat is waiting. When you take hold of one end of the Chains, it sets off a brilliant glow, eliminating the need for Pierce's makeshift torch. The winding walls of the maze move before you into a long and simple path.

"Star Swirl will lead us to Tiamat's cell while guides her through the longest path possible towards us," Celestia says. "We stay grounded. The light isn't bright enough to reach beyond the height of the walls, so as long as we stay low, Tiamat won't come for us before it's time."

You nod in understanding as the five of you make your way through the maze.

[continued]

 No.690146

>>690145
It takes a much shorter amount of time to reach the cell than the last time you were here, but the cell itself hasn't changed much. The bars look newer, cleaner, thicker, and reinforced by what appears to be more Harmonyllium. You knew Star Swirl could change the maze from outside, but not by this much.

Another roar shakes the ground, but the pounding that follows is much worse. You almost lose your balance as the maze continues to shift and change, large explosions going off from every direction.

"Glaurumat," you hear Tiamat shriek. "Face me you coward. Take your true form and give me everything you have, or I'll rake it all from you again."

"Starting to think it was a bad idea I came," Baron says through a sneer.

"Too late to back out now," Pierce says, taking a fighting stance. "Drag the rest of the chains here. Celestia and Luna will take each end and try to hinder her movements. Our job will be to distract Tiamat while they do."

Celestia and Luna spread their wings, their horns glowing with magic as the chains coil themselves out of your hand and into the cell.

"We make our final stand here," Celestia says. "I am glad to call each of you my friend. It is truly an honor and a blessing to know you all."

"Never lose sight of those who mean the most to you," Luna says. "They are the reason for which you fight and it is a future with them you wish to ensure. We will never surrender it to the chaos and tyranny of our enemies."

A few hundred yards away from the cell, you see Tiamat explode into the air in a ball of fire. The very walls of the maze, now hands, grasp at her, only to be blown away time and time again by her fury. There's another shriek and you draw your sword.

"We'll try to ground her," Celestia instructs Baron and Pierce. "Watch for where she falls and surround her."

Celestia and Luna take off.

"You won't be able to distract Tiamat from down here," Baron says, looking at you and Pierce. "Any ideas?"

"One," Pierce says and runs out into the open, spouting fireballs from his mouth at Tiamat.

"Oh 'cause we can ALL do that," Baron says as he runs after him."

 No.690147

>>690146
Your magical ability gives you plenty of options, all of which are only limited to your imagination and your actual skill. You need to be smart about this, so it would be best to take the wisest course of action.

 No.690148

(it would be really funny to make baron shoot fire from his mouth, though not the time for it)

 No.690149

I'd say we try to make the light spell a light spear and aim it at her eyes to blind her. If that fails (that will surely fail), just spamming a bunch of doubles to distract her might be a good idea.
Shield is next to useless, magic balls are not gonna cut it.
If we spread out we're useless, pierce can fly so baron and I should stay together and try to distract her while we try to hit her from afar. Worst case scenario I can jump on him and ride him faster than my legs would allow while using my shield to protect us from projectiles.

We're basically trying to get Tiamat to jump into her cell to get chained, right? We could act as a bait if everything else fails while riding Baron.

 No.690150

>>690149
Things to note:

Pierce can not fly. Pierce does not have wings.

You have the magical ability to summon wings. You can fly.

 No.690152

>>690150
oh right

 No.690153

It'd be neat if we could attempt to trick into thinking we're a dumb double over a double that's taken the lead but it's not our forte at all

 No.690154

>>690150
oh shoot, you're right.

Then we should start flying and throw a light beam in her eyes. She's house-sized, right?

 No.690155

>>690154
>house sized

Taloran is the size of Canterlot, maybe a little bigger. Glaurumat was about five times bigger than that and his skull is the core of the island, as well as part of the magic that makes it float. Tiamat is the size of the palace you left from.

 No.690156

no that's actually a horrible idea, she'd swat us like a fly and the only thing we'd be doing would be lighting up her face and then we'd be incinerated by her breath.
What if we sailed over her head and jumped on her shadow of the colossus style? Literally fly right through her legs and go round the back.

>>690155
o-oh
that's uh a little bigger than my comfort zone but I'll manage

 No.690157

>>690156
I mean, both of them can change shape and size, but this is "true form" we're talking here. As the parents of all dragon life, they're big.

 No.690158

>>690156
>>690153

>Your magical ability gives you plenty of options, all of which are only limited to your imagination and your actual skill.

 No.690159

Gosh, the worst Baron is ever going to do to her will be chipping a scale
Wondering if you could actually do chip one of her scales

 No.690160

okay lads, brainstorm. Doubles are good and we aren't going to hurt her in any way unless we do something smart.
Who's for making a Double ride baron and make him run around and act as bait while we fly around and taunt her

 No.690161

>>690153
I'm pretty sure she's pissed enough to want anything that resembles us obliterated

 No.690162

Calling it for the night. New session next time.



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]