[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1504230792156.jpg (249.45 KB, 1000x563, 1497196703898.jpg)

 No.688241[Last 50 Posts]

This is the thread for various one-shots relating to the PirateQuest which I run for the cytube group, not to be confused with other quests involving pirates.

 No.688242


 No.688243

>>688242
Last time on Cutlass' section of Pirates…

After fleeing from Devotchka and her hair-minions, Cutlass entered a room full of trophies belonging to members of the Gates of Justice. The trophies were being dusted by a maid named Miss Sunshine, who shortly revealed both that she was Schwartzwelt's little sister, and that she had an Aura ability of her own.

After some discussion, Miss Sunshine proposed an alliance between Schwartzwelt and Cutlass; in exchange for going free, Cutlass would have to bring several assassins from the Gates of Justice onto her ship, and take them to the Ribcage so that they could hunt various high-profile pirates.

>>688242
Miss Sunshine snorts. "Well, duh! Schwartzwelt would let the worst prisoners out if it meant getting into the Ribcage! He'd even let out Doctor Godot for that. As long as you don't attack any Gates of Justice members or interfere in their operations, you could pillage all you want!"

 No.688244

>>688243
[Forgot to add]
Sunshine also offered her personal help if Cutlass agreed: Not only would she be part of the crew, she would also teach Cutlass the basics of forming an ability for her Aura.

 No.688245

>>688243

Cutlass smiles. "Then, let us be on our way!" she says, trying to contain her enthusiasm. Poorly.

As they exit the room, Cutlass gestures for Miss Sunshine to leave first. "I also don't think anyone on my crew would mind terribly if you joined us. That is, assuming you wholeheartedly accepted the role of pirate. You wouldn't be a Gate's of Justice agent spying on us. You'd be a pirate. Otherwise, no one could trust you. And, trust me when I say trust his important on a pirate ship."

 No.688246

>>688245
"That's true about the spy stuff. Schwartz would never trust me to report a secret to him. But, should I reveal to them our connection? If they found out I was his sister partway through the cruise, wouldn't they turn on me? I dunno, I'm pretty new to this whole pirate thing!"

After checking to see that the coast is clear, you return to the hall, finding it a complete mess of open doors, scattered papers and bits of hair all around the floor. "One thing I'm not going to miss cleaning up…" Sunshine mutters.

She guides you through the wide and winding halls of the guard tower, and reaches the staircase in short time, hopping with excitement with each step. "So, what's my starting salary looking like? Job title? Responsibilities? PTO? Dental? Insurance?"

 No.688247

>>688246

"I'm definitely going to just tell them outright who you are," Cutlass says with a nod. "Unless you want to do it yourself. There's only one who I think would disapprove. And, honestly, I'm about to do something to him that will make his trust not really matter to me anyway. Besides, any disillusionment they might have would immediately dissipate when they learn that you can teach us how to use Aura."

Cutlass smiles at Sunshine's enthusiasm. "Listen, Miss Sunshine, I like that you're excited. But, you should know going in… This isn't exactly a high-paying job. Or a job at all… Or something that pays… This is about freedom. And adventure. Maybe we find some treasure along the way. Maybe we steal some. But, don't expect… a health plan…"

"So…" Cutlass adds, trying to just sound conversational. "You mentioned a… Dr. Godot earlier? Was he really that bad?"

 No.688248

>>688247
Miss Sunshine falls silent, pondering the terms of the pirate life. "Ah well. A lack of funds isn't a HUGE deal with my ability, especially if the info I've heard on Aura Mastery is true."

"Ah, right, I forgot to ask about that. So, you really got your power from Dr. Godot, right? I wonder why you're not dead… he's poisoned three of the head guards with the same kind of pill that he must have given you to unlock your Aura. A lot of rumors surround him, ranging from him being a cannibal witch doctor, to a serial killer and organ-harvester from eastern Europony."

Miss Sunshine takes you up the stairs until you reach the seventh level, and guides you to an ornate set of double doors that stretch from ceiling to floor. Beyond them is a ritzy waiting room full of elegant furniture, with music warbling out of a record player in the corner. At the back is a big desk with a petite mare in a sailor hat sitting behind it, pecking away at a typewriter. She doesn't look up.

Sunshine approaches, but stops and turns to you. "Ah, after you, Captain."

 No.688249

>>688248

"I… don't know whether I'm more surprised or impressed that you knew that," Cutlass says in regards to her getting her Aura from Godot.

"Anyway…" Cutlass says as she clears her throat and steps forward. "Schwartzwelt?" Cutlass asks the pony, pronouncing the unusual name impeccably well.

 No.688250

>>688249
"Oh yeah. Everyone at the upper echelon knows that Godot is to blame for the recent surge in Aura-users among the prison populace. He specializes in a form of chemistry that affects one's Aura. In many cultures, this branch of chemistry is used to help foals develop their Aura, often as part of a coming-of-age ceremony. We've been trying to get him to provide some of that medicine to us, but all he's given us is poison. They can't risk torturing him, so for now he's stuck here as a prisoner."

>>688249
The mare at the typewriter takes her sweet time before she finally looks up at you over the rim of her glasses. With a sniff, she picks up a conch off her desk. "Schwartz, yer sister and the prisoner with the weird dress are here to see ya."

There's some confused chatter on the other end, then a click. A few seconds later, a black, yellow-maned stallion in steel-blue marine garb enters the room from a door in the back. "Criminy, of all the times for Devotchka to lose her mind. Sunshine? What's going on here, we're due for the inspectors in three hours! And you, what are you doing here?" he asks, surprised that you're not in a cell.

 No.688251

>>688250

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir," Cutlass says with a dramatic curtsy. "My name is Cutlass. CAPTAIN Cutlass."

"Your sister and I have been talking," Cutlass says with a confident smile. "And, we believe we've come up with an idea that will solve many problems for all of us."

"How would YOU," Cutlass says like a businesspony, "Like to be the stallion to finally get some hunters and assassins into the ribcage after those pirates?"

[1d10] for persuasion

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.688252

>>688251
Schwartzwelt clams up. "Quite a bit. But how would YOU like to be on cleaning duty until your skin falls off? We're due for inspections soon and I've got a rogue pirate out of her cell. Might be better just to disguise her as another servant."

Sunshine winks at you, then puffs up her cheeks and stomps a hoof like a filly. "Schwartz! You're NOT gonna talk to her like that, or you'll be in serious trouble! She's our ticket to having the brass stop breathing down our damn necks all the time like mom and dad!"

Schwartz doesn't move, but you can see he's sweating a bit. "Shhh! You want the whole ocean to hear you? Alright, alright, what's your proposal, Cutlass?"

 No.688253

>>688252

"I get a ship. A good ship. I get to keep it as my pirate ship. I take a few of the prisoners with me as my crew. I've already selected the ones I have in mind. Your sister has also decided that she would like to join my crew as well. I said it would be alright provided she instructs me and my crew on how to use Aura."

"I have a map of the Ribcage. Rather, I HAD a map of the Ribcage. You confiscated it from me along with my hat and weapons. I'll be needing those back, obviously. Along with the effects of my other crew mates. Anyway, with my map, getting into the Ribcage will be no problem at all. I will bring some of your best agents with me. Surely, with their skills, they'll be able to set up a base of operations of sorts so that you can easily continue further operations into the Ribcage. You will be known by the brass as the pony who finally brought some order and civilization to these pirates and the ribcage."

"Of course, I will need diplomatic immunity for my services. My crew and myself will not be targeted by your agents provided I do not attack them or anyone else affiliated with you. Pillaging will of course also be limited to areas which are not under your control. I would also like to add that I am not a pony particularly interested in pillaging. My focus as a pirate is more on the simple expression of freedom and discovery."

[1d10] for persuasion

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.688254

>>688253
"Aura!?" Schwartz exclaims, but waits for the rest of your proposal before speaking further. "Alright, look: Setting the rest of that aside, show me your Aura. How far have you gotten with it? Where did you learn it from? What can you do with it?"

 No.688255

>>688254

"I have no learned much aside from a vague idea of what it is and its name. Hence why I need a tutor."

"I think I can make it appear, but that's about it," she says as she lifts up her hoof and wills a grey light to appear around it.

[1d10] for aura if necessary

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.688256

>>688255
>>688254

"In regards to how I became capable of doing this… This is also a part of our deal. You see, Dr. Godot is one of the crewmates I will be taking with me."

"I should think this would be a good thing for you. I'm not sure if you realize just how deep his drug ring runs. He is surely a source of more embarrassment for you than you realize. You WANT him out of your prison."

 No.688257

>>688255
>>688256
Schwartzwelt nods after inspecting your aura. "Well, it's the real deal alright. In a way, I suppose he is an… issue for us. But, I don't think you understand how rare his expertise is. A aura alchemist is exceedingly rare; there's probably only a hundred in the quadrant where we found him. Of course, he's still damn useless, uncooperative as he is."

He frowns and paces the floor. "I dug up your papers when we brought you in. Bala might have thought that you worked at her favorite restaurant, but I've seen the written record. You're an alright pirate… not the best, but you've shown an eagerness to collaborate with us. Most pirates wouldn't spit on us if we were on fire.

"So, I'll make you a deal. You'll have a ship, a crew and protection from Gates of Justice members as you explore the Ribcage. But, I want you to find an Aura Master once you're in the Ribcage, and convince him or her to assist my troops in learning Aura. How does that sound?"

 No.688258

>>688257

"Y-you have PAPERS on me?" Cutlass stammers, losing her composure and blushing for a moment. "Th-that's fine…" she says, shaking her head vigorously.

Cutlass then stares at Schwartzelt, contemplating his deal as she rubs her chin. "I simply require a few points of… clarity," she says shrewdly.

"First of all, I want this point to be clear: it is MY crew which has diplomatic immunity. If I'm no longer a part of the crew or if I'm not the captain anymore, then the diplomatic immunity should no longer count for that crew, yes? I would think other pirates are not quite as trustworthy as me."

"Second, I still get to bring Miss Sunshine, right?" Cutlass asks, pointing to her. "And Godot and his goats?"

 No.688259

>>688258
"We've connections with nearly every major government in the world, both land-locked and otherwise. I could pull up papers on just about anyone I wanted.

Schwartz seems confused at first about your second question. "That's right. I understand concerns about mutiny, but it seems like you're almost anticipating one to occur. Can I trust you to lead them through thick and thin?"

For the final question, Schwartz squints at Sunshine. "Absolutely no–"

"Absolutely?" Sunshine interrupts. "Great! It's settled. After all, I'm old enough to take responsibility for my own damn mistakes. Schwartz reminds me of that all the time."

Schwartz rubs at a temple. "Just get her out of here. Ordinarily, I'd give you an obligatory big brother threat to return her in one piece. But I'd be more worried about the other members of the crew, knowing her. Godot and his lackeys, you may also take. But watch yourself around him. He is no doctor you want operating on you."

 No.688260

>>688259

"I like her already," Cutlass points to Miss Sunshine while looking at Schwartzelt with a smile.

"But, look…" Cutlass says in a more awkward tone, blushing a bit. "You've got the papers. You should know I've had… issues in the past. But, I've learned. NOT this time. I'm prepared this time."

"If that's all, then I have business to attend to. Which way to my possessions? I want to make sure my map is alright."

[1d10] if you want it for whatever reason

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.688261

>>688260
Schwartzwelt gestures to his office. "This way. I oversee the sorting and inspection of loot myself."

Schwartzwelt's office is large and circular, with glass panes making up the northern wall, giving you a full overhead view of the prison. In the back room are several rows of lockers, ranging from floor to ceiling. Consulting a clipboard, he leads you down the third row and scans the lockers until he reaches one with your name on it. He unlocks it and pulls out a box, containing your other possessions, without the map.

"And, it wouldn't be complete without this, would it?" he asks, reaching for his coat pocket. But, his face goes pale. He pats his pocket multiple times. "Uhhh… where did it go?"

Sunshine starts biting her lower lip, trying (and failing) to stifle some giggles.

 No.688262

>>688261

Cutlass' face glows with joy as she sees her hat. "Ah, now I feel like a pirate again," she says as she puts the hat on. She then proceeds to start stuffing various parts of her dress with her assortment of knives and daggers.

Cutlass lets out a long sigh that turns into a sort of frustrated snarl.

"Before I jump to any conclusions, do YOU know what happened to my map?" Cutlass asks Sunshine.

 No.688263

>>688262
With a flourish, Sunshine produces the map from one of her sleeves. "Honest, I had no idea what it was when I brought it in. But can you blame me? A magical, constantly-updating map? It's the most interesting thing I've seen all month."

"Get used to this. Get really used to this," Schwartzwelt says in exasperation.

 No.688264

>>688263

"I'm not mad about the theft," Cutlass says, snatching the map back. "I was just growing concerned over… another matter."

"Anyway, I suppose we'll have to be back here to get our other crew's effects. First, I'd like to actually gather my crew. Thank you for being so reasonable," Cutlass says, shaking Schwartzwelt's hoof. "I promise I won't let you down."

"Let's go, Miss Sunshine. I need you with me so the guards don't try to detain me… One in particular…"

Cutlass leaves, gesturing for Sunshine to follow. "First stop is Godot," she says out loud.

 No.688265

>>688264
"What's the matter?" Sunshine asks.

Schwartzwelt returns the shake. "Likewise. I'll get to work with picking the fellows I want on your ship, and all the paperwork that'll be. I can't promise you a high-end ship, but she'll be sturdier than any small-fry pirates that try to stop you. I'll throw in a blank mast too, so you can design a jolly roger.

"For now though, you'll have to return to your cell. We need to keep up appearances until I can get all this sorted out. I plan to tell the brass only after you've turned up some results for us. Better to be forgiven than to wait for permission after all. Capiche?"

 No.688266

>>688265

Cutlass groans. "You're really killing my badass factor here. I had it all planned out!"

 No.688267

>>688266
Schwartz laughs. "Planning a prison break when I could also just open the door for you? Well, don't keep me in suspense."

 No.688268

>>688267

"No, I just had a few choice words for someone. But, subsequently having to spend the night here really cuts back on the drama of it all. But," Cutlass sighs. "I suppose I'll do what I must."

"Lead me back to my cell for now, I guess," Cutlass says to Miss Sunshine.

 No.688269

>>688268
"Mmm, it's a big sea. I'm sure you'll get your chance sooner or later," Schwartz says.

Sunshine bounces down the steps with excitement. "Nice work! I can't believe we're really getting this opportunity. It'll be a big day tomorrow, so you really be sure that you're well-rested, alright?"

>pause

 No.690560

>>688269
Last time on PQ…

Cerulean, Pyrite, HHS and Rin spoke with Master Cangrejo, who assisted them in actualizing their aura abilities by inducing a daydream. In the daydreams, they encountered what Cangrejo explained was the darker part of themselves, though what this exactly entailed was uncertain. It seemed that these visions had some connection to the nature of their nascent abilities. After that, Cangrejo advised them to make Kaco Island their next destination for finding clues on the whereabouts of the Crimson King.

Cutlass and her crew were attacked by a horrific zombee abomination, likely one of the servants of the Three Bee Queens who were in the middle of conquering Kaco Island. They escaped, and Cutlass's awful wounds were dressed, though healing would take a bit longer.

 No.690561


 No.690562

>>690560
>Pyrite
That is to say, Alder Frostclaw

 No.690563

File: 1513738341476.webm (3.9 MB, 1280x800, Two Nukes Weren't Enough.webm)


 No.690564


 No.690566

>>690560
https://pastebin.com/HZDtCp5g
Alder gives Cerulean a bit of a chuckle, before shrugging "I guess none of our visions made any sense, huh? At the least, if we keep on course, we should be able to figure it out."

 No.690568


 No.690569


 No.690571

>>690566
"As in one population, the beeponies, was displaced and forced into exile by the other as a result of the drain that the cake production had on their resources. Now, years later, the island's embroiled in an all-out invasion by the beeponies, who have resorted to out-and-out savagery to reclaim the territory."

>>690569
>>690564
>>690563
>>690566
"Nobody's quite sure what happened to the others, and nobody wants to talk about it. They disappeared, and demons who asked questions disappeared even faster. When the Princess wants something, she gets it, no questions asked one way or another. Even I didn't touch that subject with a ten foot pole when I was at her fourth wedding, and I was WASTED!"

He laughs. "Okay, get off your asses and off my tortoise. Go eat, then sleep! You have a lot of adventuring ahead of you!"

>>690563
Upon the talk of Kaco Island, you recall the Pattern Juggler. After attacking the Beesting on the way into the Ribcage, he gave you a coupon for a ticket to one of his performances on Kaco.

>>690568
For the past hour and a half, you've enjoyed yourself with Chiu, playing games, dancing, drinking and seeing the sights. As the Funerevival Festival starts to wrap up, it ends with a long parade through the town, full of ghosts and aura-coated skeletons, celebrating the acceptance of new beloved dead into the town.

 No.690572

>>690571
"Goodness. I suppose they cannot be faulted, but, still." he remarks, before stretching out and yawning a little
"A bit of rest might be best, yes. Thank you, Master Cangrejo!"

 No.690574

>>690566
"Yeah, hopefully."

>>690571
"Oh, okay then. Yeah, I think I do not some sleep after this."
Cerulean hops down from the tortoise.

>>690571
Remembering that fact, Cerulean takes out the coupon and looks it over. Hopefully it wasn't expired or anything like that.

 No.690575

>>690571
"Now this is the kind of vacation I was expecting."
Cloud says as they watch the tail end of the parade.
"Nothing but fun, isn't this great?"

 No.690576


 No.690578

>>690576
"Flying off the handle!? I got grabbed by something invisible when it looked like the slave I just bought was trying to bullshit his way out of my service!" Puddin protests. "You're welcome for the save, by the way!"

Sparkler and Ossie allow him to seethe, though it's clear that the crew's got a low opinion of him now.

"We'll have to get a clearer idea of the factions and divisions on the island before we can plan something like that," Sparkler says soberly. "In our experience, a surgical strike is safer for both combatants and civilians than an all-out uprising. And given Ossie's report on your encounter with that vile thing, Colobok is under instructions to flee to the next island if the Queens pick up even a single whiff of his presence. We're outclassed spectacularly here; the best we can do is manipulate the targets into moving the way we want them to to maximize our odds."

Naza offers his hoof. "Ah, yes, I heard you were stung. How much did you lose? I'll Share some."

 No.690579

>>690571
"Lets go check back on the crew, they all should be plenty rested by now right? And ahm sure they'll be more than happy to help us find someone to navigate this darned sea."

 No.690581

>>690571
"Well… I do feel hungry." Rin mentions, now finally acknowledging her hunger. "I be gettin' sick of this turtle anyways." She says, before flying off towards the village to see if she can find something that offers food still.

 No.690583

>>690578

"I'm referring to your whole plan to just walk straight across the middle of the island in the first place, idiot," Cutlass responds to Puddin. "I mean, I'm partly to blame. I actually thought it could work. But, that's only because you were so confident that I didn't even think about it. Lesson learned."

"I don't care about the civilians," Cutlass says in annoyance. "I'm a pirate, or have you forgotten? If there's a way to minimize our own casualties, even if it kills off every citizen of this island, it's still the vastly superior option."

"What are YOU doing?" Cutlass suddenly says, whipping her own hoof away from Naza.

 No.690585

>>690572
>>690574
>>690579
>>690581
The carnival coupon gifted by the Pattern Juggler seems to be good until the end of this month: Half-off on up to three tickets to one of his shows, but regrettably, it can't be combined with senior citizen discounts.

Cangrejo nods and takes off in flight toward the frozen mountaintop.

Exhausted, the group returns to where the Beesting was docked, picking up a spot of food on the way back. You find the ship back at the dock, lit and guarded by crew members, while Bee Holder sits at the helm contemplatively.

>>690575
Chiu is quiet, and you notice she's been a bit like this for the whole show. "Oh, it's pretty fun, yeah."

>>690583
Puddin laughs. "Oh, oh alright. Fine then, you get to take the lead this time, if you're so damn clever. Pick our next direction then, 'Captain'."

"And we are professionals, not pirates," Sparkler says testily. "There won't be casualties if you take what I say very carefully."

"Sparkler, this isn't like other operations," Ossie objects. "These aren't civilians we're dealing with, they're living scum."

"Do you not know what Share is?" Naza asks.

 No.690587

>>690585
Alder's not near close enough for the senior citizen discount, so he's not too torn up about it.
He offers a bit of a short, tired chuckle as they return to the Beesting, before shaking his head "It seems a little funny that we are going after these bee folk, in a boat called the Beesting, no?"

 No.690589

>>690585

"I get that you're not a pirate, but you're working with me for now. Which means you're working with pirates. And, let's be fair here, it's not like we're ransacking some innocent island here. It's like Ossie said, these are all our enemies. I made a promise to not pillage anything 'civilian'. And, I think Schartzwelt would agree that this island qualifies as fair game. He said in such a case I am not obligated to show any mercy."

"As for you, I'm waiting for intel before moving out," Cutlass says, looking to Puddin.

"I'm not so big on… sharing…" Cutlass answers Naza awkwardly.

 No.690590

>>690585
Boards the ship and asks Bee Holder, "Hey what made ya come outta yer lil' den finally? Not that it ain't gonna be great to have ya help in beatin' off whatever it is we find!"

 No.690592

>>690585
Cloud is silent for a few seconds, giving Chiu an examining look. He sidles up to her side.
"What's wrong? I know the circumstances weren't all great today, but I can tell soemthing else is eating at you."

 No.690593

>>690592
"Yeah. IS something the matter?"

 No.690595

>>690585
"Aww, well that kind of stinks. Can't be combined with a senior discount."
Cerulean follows the rest, boarding the ship and looking excited to go to the next island.

>>690587
"Maybe it'll get us on their good side so we don't have to fight them or anything."

 No.690597

>>690590
"Enjoying the moonlight air, of course. Enjoy the festival?"

>>690592
>>690593
>>690595
Cloud has also returned to the ship.
"I'm concerned at my apparent inability to use Aura, at least for now," Chiu says. "I'm not sure why I didn't have as sudden an awakening as the rest of you, but this could serve to be a problem later depending on how necessary these abilities are for handling what the Ribcage offers. Did anyone else awaken to these powers?"


>timeskip to morning available


>>690589
"I'm aware that Schwartzwelt basically granted you the same permissions that the rest of us have and have used," Sparkler says calmly. "Frankly, we're allowed to skirt at the edges of outright war crimes in some situations. As long as we all agree to abide by the same rules and definitions, it won't be a problem."

Puddin rolls his eyes. "I await with bated breath."

Naza laughs knowingly. "It's the name of a basic Aura technique. It allows me to replenish another's Aura by donating some of my own. Like a blood transfusion. Are you in need of any after being stung?"

>timeskip to morning available

 No.690598

>>690597

Cutlass stares at Naza for a while, contemplating in disgust. "Do you have to touch me in order to share? If so, when was the last time you bathed?"

 No.690599

>>690597
"Yeah, though I don't really understand a lot of it. It's all so confusing and deep and junk like that."
Cerulean lays on deck and stretches out in the sun.
"Eh, I think I'll just sleep on it a bit."

>ready to skip

 No.690601

>>690597
Arriving late with an extra drink in claw and having gotten herself a few one too many, Rin walks over with her two bottles and alternating her drinks with them. "Yar har HIC!" Rin hiccups, stumble onto the ship. "Who hash an accordion?! I want to play a shong! I beeeee a great musishhian!" Rin slurs, eyeing around for an accordion while she drinks more.

>Ready to skip

>Drunken Accordion?
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.690602

>>690597
"Ah 'spose it was alraght, de skellies didn't seem to wanna do much but at least some demons showed up fer a bit. Are you gonna be okay fightin' bees y'think, bein' in that you're a big fan of 'em and all?"

>Good to skip

 No.690604

>>690597
"I would not know… perhaps, it just takes a bit more time to come to the surface? I only noticed mine first in that fight against the umbrella-wielding cretin."
>Good to Skip

 No.690606

>>690597
"Oh, is that all?"
Cloud says dismissively.
"I know you'll get aura any moment now. If I could pull it off, then you sure will. And in the meantime, I'll work extra to keep you safe. Nothin to worry about."
He says confidently.

 No.690608

>>690598
Thankfully, Naza can perform his technique from a short distance. Assuring you he washed up while you were unconscious, he transmits a portion of Aura to you, restoring what little you had lost.

https://youtu.be/5iWVxKcGPxI

After a restful night's sleep, you awake. While breakfast is prepared, Godot and Miss Sunshine clean your healing wounds and apply fresh bandages.
>Cutlass 5/4

One of the guards signals to you. "They're back." In short time, Droplet and six hooded members of your crew enter the shrouded campsite. "Morning! Sparkler and Ossie keep you safe this time?" Droplet asks.

>>690606
"Thanks, but I don't want to be left behind in terms of powers."

>>690601
>>690606
>>690602
>>690604
>>690599
The answers don't seem to assuage Chiu's concerns. "Well, since this island had no shortage of Aura users, it seems likely to me that other islands might be similar. Maybe we can find other ways of getting the rest of the crew to learn it?"

>>690602
"What the hell are you on about, bees?"

Rin's accordion somehow manages to not sound horrible, in spite of (or perhaps because of) the alcohol.

>>690606
>>690604
>>690602
>>690601
>>690599
Night passes peacefully and without dreams for you. Just as quickly, morning comes. There's a strong breeze, and the crew has their hooves full getting everything ready, while Cane Shuga and Bent Scales bark orders and give directions to everyone.
"Haha, you missed out," Kling Klang says as you come out on deck. "We shook down that demon that Cloud captured last night for a barrel's worth of gold. But here, I saved you some."

He passes you each 200 pieces of gold.

 No.690611

>>690608

"Yes," Cutlass answers. Though her words are grateful, her tone is not. "They've been quite good to me."

"But, more importantly, onto business. What do you know? I want to know any information you have on their defenses, anything I can use to manipulate them, and if there's any elements we're able to get to work with us. Those slaves seem promising if we can free them."

 No.690614

>>690608
Rin steps out, taking her share of gold. "Well now, looks like I get a bit more for me troubles!" Rin says, her eyes gleam with greed.

After taking her share, Rin decides to keep playing the accordion she found. She forgot to buy one for quite a long time, but she still hasn't forgotten how to play it even when drunk it seems.

>Spend work time on ship to boost crew morale with accordion.

 No.690615

>>690608
"As ah understand it lady we're gonna be fightin' big ole beepeople fer infermation about some demons," Steve tells her after thinking about it overnight, "What is the obsession with bees anyway though?"

Taking the gold, "Thank ya mechanic buddy, ah knew bringin' you with us was gonna pay off!"

Steve starts rounding up members of the crew to join him on the search for a guide.

 No.690617

>>690608
"Yes, that seems like a solid assumption. Perhaps, each person requires different methods of activating their auras." he offers to Chiu.

"Oh, it had gold on it! Well, thank you kindly!" he chirps, taking his share of gold "How much did it have? T-This is… a shocking amount."

 No.690620

>>690608
"Oh neat. Thanks a bunch!"
Roger floats over, swimming around the coins a bit and nudging a few of them, as if playing with them.

 No.690621

>>690608
"I told that master guy I'd meet with him in the morning for that training, so why not tag along. See if we can get him to help jumpstart your aura."
Cloud suggests.

>>690608
Cloud awakens with a yawn, trying to fall back asleep but the hooves and busywork prove to be too noisy to give him that luxury. He heads updeck and fetches some fruits for breakfast.

"I forgot about that guy. After getting everything settled I just wanted to get back to the festivities I never went back for him."
As he's handed a share of the gold, Cloud's eyes light up.
"Sweet, was wondering when I'd finally start getting some gold. Need to pay for those wishes somehow."

 No.690622

>>690611
"It's not pretty," Droplet says with excitement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddJL-a9O85Q

Droplet and his fellow spies relay their information to you. In short, the Bee Queens are in a process of dividing the island into sections using Heatwaves, walls of air superheated by aura. Each wall is placed so that it cuts through villages, dividing the resisting native forces and crippling their ability to fight back. The walls seem to be less for keeping anyone out and more for keeping people in. It's not enough for the Queens to drive out the natives, but to exterminate them entirely.

Though they weren't able to get a physical map, they learned of the major roads and highways and have a general idea of how to get to the major cities on the island. Finally, they found a potion shop and brought back some vials of a potion conferring the ability to speak the local language.

"We're going to have to get around two Heatwaves to get to the Queens," Droplet says. "But, it seems like the nearest checkpoint is at Potnia, a lakeside city northeast of our position."

>>690615
"Ohh-ho-ho-ho. Our journey's taking us back to Kaco Island," Bee Holder says. "I was wondering when it would. I used to live there with a family before I set off on my second set of adventures. I hope everything there's still good, what with this Crimson King business."

>>690621
About half of your share of the gold vanishes, seemingly as part of the curse bestowed by SCC, like some kind of magical taxes.

"Well, alright," Chiu says, still pondering over it from last night.

>>690615
>>690620
>>690615
"Oh, he was more than loaded. I wonder what that says about the Crimson King?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl4I0UVOtEk

HHS rounds up a couple crew members, which reminds you of the business of the day: Locating an Accompass to aid you in getting from island to island.

"Oh yeah, you should try the marketplace," Kling Klang suggests. "I think you might find an Accompass there."

 No.690625

>>690622
"Hrm… well, for what it is worth, we deprived him of some of his gold, maybe? Good for us." he remarks, before smiling a bit in response to Kling Klang's request "Sure! We will take a look and see what we can find, then!"

 No.690626

Rin approaches Kling Klang even as she plays her shanty tune on the accordion. "Do Accompass' stand out? Do we just go around asking until someone just tells us they are? Also we be needing sturdy rope to haul them back if they refuse to help us."

 No.690627

>>690622
Steve jokes "Good thing you know this place mechanic buddy, ne'er woulda thought to check there."

"Alright boys ah think we should split up and look fer clues, ask around, bribe some merchants if ya feel they're holdin' back, maybe intimidate 'em if y'feel like it, but we gotta get it done quick. Whistle if ya need me or ya find a guy!"

Steve leads the crew back to the skeletion marketplace where they split up.

 No.690628

>>690622

"It sounds like these people will be desperate for help in destroying these queens anyway," Cutlass says with a nod. "We should see what help we can pick up when we get there."

"I'm shocked that these bees are so smart. And adept with Aura. But, ah well. Let's get going. Lead the way to Potnia."

Cutlass gets up and stretches her legs, then marches out of the cave.

 No.690629

>>690622
"Good idea. Maybe we can get some fresh food and all before we get sailing as well. Be nice to not have to work to get my fish fix for awhile."

 No.690630

>>690626
"It sounds like it would. Anywhere that sells complicated compasses, or sailing equipment, may have one."

 No.690632

>>690622
"That's saves some time. Thought I'd have to keep track of everything and carry it all back myself."
Cloud comments in surprise as the gold disappears.

"Alright, let's go take care of our Auras."
Cloud starts to head ff the ship.
"Should be in town somewhere, he didn't mention to meet him anywhere specific."

 No.690634

>>690630
"Then we just need to look for anyone with maps and compasses strapped to themselves more than the others, that's how we find the good ones."

 No.690635

>>690626
"Uh… I don't know. Maybe you could try talking to them like a normal person?"

>>690632
"Too bad we couldn't spend all of it," Chiu says, despondent. "At least we still have my share."
Although you aren't able to find Cangrejo, you see Brewhaha sitting in the shade of a lighthouse by the shore, reading a book. "Oh, there you are. I see you've gotten at least a start. Were you up partying late last night?"

>>690625
>>690629
>>690626
>>690627
You head into the marketplace. Many traders are in town bright and early, peddling exotic wares, including weapons, food, animals, clothing and manuscripts. The streets are busy with commerce, while down by the shore, you see plenty of people fishing.
>In the interest of expediting the process if you want to purchase wares, mention explicitly what you're after and make two bartering rolls. If what you're after is within reason to be at a moderately-populated marketplace, assume it's there.

>>690628
"Their behavior seems a little more fitting of wasps, to my knowledge," Droplet adds.

The crew quickly breaks camp and covers their tracks. The assassins hide themselves, while Droplet and his fellow crewmates walk proudly among you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I29bgJLxm8M

Soon, you leave the jungle, stepping onto rocks recently scorched by fire. Before you lays a vast city surrounded by stone walls. Much of the city is in disrepair, a slum full of cramped streets coated in trash. Few people are around, and those that are are despondent and poorly-equipped, wearing patchwork rags.

 No.690638

>>690635

Cutlass walks up to one of the ponies and asks. "Where is your leader?"

[1d10] for information (not aura)

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.690640

>>690635
"Those wishes will be worth it."

"Yea, had to make up for the time those demons wasted. Have you seen Cagrejo around, said I was gonna check in with him in the morning to get those aura lessons."

 No.690641

>>690635
"Hmn… I better find me some more supplies. I'll let the rest of ye handle getting the Acompass."

>Purchase waterskin to fill with ale, ale, 50ft of rope, more alcohol and even more alcohol. Also a shovel, in case of buried treasure, yar har har.

[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.690642

>>690635
>Alder is searching for cartographers, and anyone making some variety of star chart. If he were to find anyone selling either, he'd try and barter for both a collection of maps and charts, and hopefully, the Accompass in particular!
>[2d10] bartering

Roll #1 2, 3 = 5

 No.690643

>>690635
Cerulean mostly goes for mostly food stuffs, and mostly of the meat variety, and takes the time to think on stuff and clear her head a bit. One thing that came to mind was how tough everything seemed to be getting, and felt she might be falling behind. She decided to look over some of the exotic weapons, wondering if there may be something she could strap to her tail or something.

[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.690647

>>690638
"I'm not with them, if that's what you're asking. There are no more leaders in this city, only tyrants. Captains, first mates and vice captains are targeted, stung and taken to the Hunt. Then comes anyone respected and listened to on a crew. The rest of us are dumped here like trash to fight among ourselves until we are allowed through the checkpoint."

"A targeted dissection of morale… I love it," Droplet says.

>>690640
"He told me about that," Brewhaha says. "Unfortunately, he was called away on unexpected business regarding his son, and pestered me to train you until I thought my ear was going to fall off."

You note she has no ears.

"Well, you passed his unreasonable test anyway, so I suppose I'll fill in for him. Come on down to the shore with me."

>>690641
You obtain what you're after at a bargain price, a mere 100 gold altogether.

>>690642
The merchants are a bit stingy, and you wrestle the maps away for 60 gold and the sense that you've been overcharged. While you shop, you overhear some gossip about an Accompass who just quit her ship, leaving some rather pissed-off merchants behind. It sounds like she's down by the shore.

>>690643
You acquire a hearty bag of dried and salted meats. Along the way, you get into a conversation with a weaponsmith, who agrees to make a metal sheath for your tail, giving you more offensive capabilities. He says he should have it ready within an hour.

 No.690648

>>690647
>Cerulean's price comes out to 40 altogether

 No.690652

>>690647
"Couldn't even hold up his end himself after all that trouble to get him here?"
Cloud scoffs.
"Good you can help though, we both need whatever teachings these are."
He says with a gesture to Chiu.

Cloud follows Brewhaha down to the shore.
"So what's this going to entail?"

 No.690654

>>690647

"Excellent," Cutlass says, already prepared for such a response. "Then, you will follow me now. We're going to kill these queens and get off this island. Gather everyone you can. Together, we'll kill them for sure."

As Cutlass speaks, she weaves her aura into her words, all the while with a devious yet enticing smile on her face.

[1d10] for Whisper in your Ear

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.690655

>>690647
Alder, while feeling a little jipped, thanks them anyways, and makes his way for the shore! Along his way, he decides to take a chance to look for something a tad stronger than his bow. Maybe a newer one, or something with a bit more to it?
>[2d10]

Roll #1 3, 7 = 10

 No.690656

>>690647
Cerulean thanks the weaponsmith and tries to figure out how to spend an hour. Remembering the countless times Alder had used a lot of his potion-making stuff on her, as much as it pains her to hide her battle scars, she looks around to see if there is maybe some armor. Maybe nothing overly heavy or movement impairing, but still something so Alder doesn't have to worry as much about her when she gets hurt.

[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.690657

>>690652
"If he wanted to skip out of fulfilling his end, he wouldn't have nagged me until I said yes. I'm notoriously stubborn."

You head down to the shore and start heading up a set of grassy trails until you reach a low plateau with nobody around. "Cangrejo might prefer his more freeform method of training, but I've always found practicality is a better method of achieving results. Thus, I'm going to push you two until we can determine under what conditions you're most likely to unconsciously tap into your aura."

"I like it," Chiu says. "I'm rea–"

"No you aren't. I'm not going to do anything for you," Brewhaha says. "You've shown no ability to use it, and you still can't even see it. Doing this would unnecessarily endanger you. So, bugger off."

Chiu turns pale.

>>690654
The hooded figure huddles closer into their rags, expression one of defeat. "I'm tired. No. But, I wish you luck. Maybe they'll let you past the checkpoint, even. You've got the Aura for it."

>>690655
You find a bow which is of high quality, made from some kind of tree with magical bark (+1 quality). It's a tad pricey at 80 gold, but it's an investment.

On the shore are plenty of fishers and traders, as well as gossiping busybodies.

>>690656
You find some sleek armor made of spiny monsters' hide that could easily be fitted for you at 80 gold (adds 4 hits to your max).

 No.690659

>>690657
Alder is more than willing to take the bow- he's been needing something stronger for quite a while, now! With that taken care of, he heads towards the shore. The griffon scans the shoreline slowly, trying to spot the Accompass. Maybe anyone a group of pissed-off merchants are yelling at could be a start?
>Perception [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.690660

>>690657

"What's the matter with you? Do you just want to die here? Don't you want revenge on those… THINGS that did this to you?"

[1d10] Whisper in your Ear

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.690661

>>690647
Rin pays the full price of 100, afterwards she goes off to search for some possible quality leather armor or perhaps a tailor to help recreate her captain's old coat to wear for herself.

>Search for armorer and tailor for quality leather armor. Use Captain Bloodscale's coat shoulder scrap to find a tailor that can help recreate her captain's coat.

[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.690662

>>690657
Cerulean agrees to it, glad to have something more in her size instead of trying to squeeze into something small. With that order of business done, somewhat attracted by the scent of bait, she goes over to the shore where the fishermen are and looks about the various kinds of fish there.

 No.690663

>>690657
"Must've been big business for his son if he'll spend the time to nag you but not stick around."

As they walk and are instructed on what the training will entail, Cloud groans.
"Of course it'd be that. Just as long as we don't have a repeat of last night, I guess I'll deal."

As Brewhaha tells Chiu off, he stops in his tracks.
"Whoa whoa, hold on. You don't talk to her like that. And she saw more than I did back when you were showing off this aura stuff, so she's got the capability. Chiu stays."
He states in an oddly stern tone.

 No.690664

>>690661
Recalling that the ship recently recruited a smith, you return to the Beesting and speak with Etch, whom HHS rescued from Mori's collection. After you explain what you're after, Etch agrees, taking your armor and coat to recreate it. He says he'll be done in an hour or so.

>>690659
You see a group of merchants further along the shoreline, chasing after something. It seems to be a very large chicken, about your height, with vividly-colored feathers, ranging from purple to lighter blues. It almost appears to be a peacock judging by the colors, but it's a chicken in shape at least. The merchants shout over each other as the chicken jukes them, and utterly fail to wrangle it.

>>690662
You join a small party of younger-looking sailors who are passing time by fishing, having amassed a modest pile of fish so far. The fish are all rather gruesome-looking, with big mouths full of teeth, spiny fins and jagged scales, requiring a deft touch to skin. But, the scent of one on a nearby grill suggests they're worth the effort. A spare rod lies nearby.

>>690663
Brewhaha blinks her aura, a light gold, at you, much like how Cangrejo blinked his in greeting last night.

Chiu glances between you and Brewhaha, then shakes her head. "That doesn't make any sense! If you're going to push him, why not push me?"

"You gain the ability to see Aura once you've proven your mettle as someone who can persevere against all odds, no matter what, no questions asked. You're not yet at that point, for one reason or another. The fault lies with you and whatever's holding you back."

>>690660
Reluctantly, the pony stands up, with a resentful glower on his face.

 No.690665

>>690664
Rin offers to throw in one of the many many drinks rin bought for herself to try and get a discount from Etch.

 No.690666

>>690664

"Excellent," Cutlass says with the same sort of devious yet enticing smile. "Now, go gather everyone you can and find me. Spread the word. We'll make these disgusting bugs wish they had never been born."

[1d10] for Whisper in your Ear if necessary

Then, Cutlass continues to walk toward what she assumes to be the center of the town. "Any places of note here?" Cutlass asks her entourage.

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.690667

>>690664
Cerulean looks at the fish, seeing how fierce and ferocious they look. The smell of them being grilled only makes her want to try and have some for the trip ahead. Being courteous by not just diving in and ruining the other fisher's time, she tries to copy them by fishing with the rod.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.690668

>>690664
"She's already done that, Chiu's the most persevered pony I know! Even coming here she's been able to pull her weight without aura, so she has this down."

 No.690669

>>690664
Alder cocks his head to the side in confusion, looking over the peacock-chicken… maybe that has something to do with it? At the least, helping them capture it might give him a chance to talk with them and see what they know. Without further ado, The griffon springs into the chase after the bizarre bird!
>Catch the bird: [1d10]
>If possible, Master Thief to get some clue as to what's going on. Is this, say, a griffon in chicken form? [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.690670

>>690666
Your new peon wanders off.

The city gets more decrepit, and more densely populated, the further you walk. The buildings are all about four or five stories tall, and countless bits of trash, refuse and rags coat the sagging, grime-stained facades. "Weapons dealers galore," one crewmate says. "If you can get past the filters, you can find some heinous things. Sparkler would love to confiscate all of it, I'm sure. But beyond that, it's filth and horror as far as you go. Nothing a pretty lady like you should have to see."

>>690667
You end up landing your hook in the sand. "Ah, allow me," one of the sailors says. He goes over how to use the rod, tossing out the line, then handing the rod to you.

>>690665
You give him the drink as a down payment.

>>690669
It seems to be just a giant chicken.

You manage to grab onto the bird by it shoulders, yet it's very strong and very persistent, and drags you around though the sand in spite of your attempts to capture it.

>>690668
"What are you arguing with me for?" Brewhaha says dismissively. "I don't make these rules. Now she can leave or you can not receive any training."

"Cloud, would you shut your…!" Chiu snarls, nearly losing her temper. She then pauses, shocked at her own words. Then, a look of surprise comes over her. "Wait a minute… is this a trick?"

Brewhaha doesn't respond.

"Because if it is," Chiu continues, conjuring a couple of shadows. "Then, I think I might get your point, however stupid I find the presentation. Cloud, you mind if I go first?"

>paused

 No.691099

Post sheets

 No.691100


 No.691101


 No.691102


 No.691103

File: 1514946701522.jpg (72.41 KB, 486x531, Aaaa.jpg)


 No.691104

>Cutlass 5/4 (5/5)
>All else at full H/W

Last time on Pirates…

After completing their introductory training with Master Cangrejo, Cerulean, Alder, Rin and HHS had a better grasp on their aura manifestations, and could now call on them at will. While they shopped around town, Cloud and Chiu went to see Brewhaha in order to receive training in Cangrejo's absence. Yet all was not well, as Brewhaha seemed hesitant to train Chiu in the slightest given her lack of ability to use Aura.

Meanwhile, Cutlass arrived in the town of Potnia. The lakeside city had been divided in two by a Heatwave, a cruel wall of fire used by the Bee Queens for segregating the indigenous population of Kaco Island. The city had become a slum, populated only by garbage and the destitute remains of villages and marooned pirate crews.

 No.691105

>>691102
Your new peon wanders off.

The city gets more decrepit, and more densely populated, the further you walk. The buildings are all about four or five stories tall, and countless bits of trash, refuse and rags coat the sagging, grime-stained facades. "Weapons dealers galore," one crewmate says. "If you can get past the filters, you can find some heinous things. Sparkler would love to confiscate all of it, I'm sure. But beyond that, it's filth and horror as far as you go. Nothing a pretty lady like you should have to see."

>Cerulean

You end up landing your hook in the sand. "Ah, allow me," one of the sailors says. He goes over how to use the rod, tossing out the line, then handing the rod to you.

>>691100
You give him the drink as a down payment. Now that he's busy with your coat, it seems you have some time to kill. Most of the Beesting's crew is still aboard the ship or in the town nearby, and you see Alder and Cerulean on the shore to the east.

>>691103
It seems to be just a giant chicken, albeit a very strangely colored one.

You manage to grab onto the bird by it shoulders, yet it's very strong and very persistent, and drags you around though the sand in spite of your attempts to capture it. Roll to hold on as the chicken zigs and zags in an attempt to throw you off.

>>691101
"What are you arguing with me for?" Brewhaha says dismissively. "I don't make these rules. Now she can leave or you can not receive any training."

"Cloud, would you shut your…!" Chiu snarls, nearly losing her temper. She then pauses, shocked at her own words. Then, a look of surprise comes over her. "Wait a minute… is this a trick?"

Brewhaha doesn't respond.

"Because if it is," Chiu continues, conjuring a couple of shadows. "Then, I think I might get your point, however stupid I find the presentation. Cloud, you mind if I go first?"

 No.691106

>>691105
Alder lets out a bizarre sounding squawk of his own as the bird drags him too and fro, holding on for dear life!
>Holding on! [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.691107

>>691105

"Oh good," Cutlass says optimistically. "That means we can arm our little uprising."

Cutlass looks around for what she might judge to be the best of the arms dealers. [1d10] Master Thief if applicable

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.691108

>>691105
"Hey don't get upset at me I'm just trying…"
Cloud trails off from his defensive retort as Chiu calms suddenly.
"Uh… Oh! No, go on ahead. Ladies first."

 No.691109

File: 1514947638406.gif (474.43 KB, 500x272, Feeding Frenzy.gif)

>>691105
https://pastebin.com/haMVj8ts

Cerulean listens intently, nodding to the various instructions.
"Ooooh, neat! Thank you!"
She then stares at the bobber, tail moving side-to-side as she seems to wait patiently….

 No.691110

>>691105
Rin flies to the crows nest, deciding to scout around with her spyglass to see if she could find more of those island turtles from where she is.

>Perception

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.691111

>>691106
Amid the shouts of the sailors chasing the chicken, you are kicked off of the chicken's back, flung momentarily through the air before one of the larger sailors catches you and sets you upright on the sand.

A brown-haired minotaur in a sombrero, he dusts you off. "You don't want to grab her from behind, if you value having a stomach. You okay?"

Meanwhile, the chicken perches herself at the top of a large rock, while the sailors surround her from below.

>>691108
"It wouldn't be fitting of an Aura user to give up because someone told them 'no,' would it?" Chiu asks.

"There's a fine line between persistence and pigheadedness," Brewhaha says, "And any idiot can fly over that line even without chasing after power like you two are."

"Please don't stop the lecture mid-fight, I'm listening. Bring her down!" Chiu shouts, sending her crew of pony-shaped shadows at Brewhaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnX-KaSheyA

Brewhaha snorts and conjures several harpoons of light beside her. She flings three of them forward. "You know what I'm talking about, right?"
[1d10+2] Shadows
[1d10+2] Chiu
[1d10+2] Cloud

>>691109
The bobber starts to dip in the water, then float away, tugged by a mid-sized shadow beneath the waves.

>>691107
Your thief's intuition brings you a few streets over, where you see a hunched griffon sitting cross-legged atop a coarse red blanket. Before him upon the blanket are rotting boxes of various trinkets, mostly junk. Yet something about him seems fishy. He gazes at you dispassionately as you approach.

>>691110
The spyglass reveals the faintest silhouettes of an Island Turtle's shell poking out of the water to the northeast. The journey there would take at least a day, you think. You recall that the Island Turtles are not ones to stay in place for very long, but now that you've spotted it, it wouldn't be difficult to find it later on.

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #3 4 + 2 = 6

 No.691112

>>691111

"How much do you hate the bees?" Cutlass asks as she approaches the arms dealer.

[1d10] for Soul Seeing on the arms dealer

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.691113

>>691111
Alder coughs a few times, brushing himself off as he's set up-right by the sailor. "O-Oh, thank you kindly, sir. I suppose I have little experience in catching poultry." the griffon remarks, before giggling "I am good, yes. what is with this chicken? It seems bizarre in many ways… and, unrelated, but have you seen an Accompass around? I heard one had just left her ship."

 No.691114

>>691111
"Whoa!"
Cloud shouts as he jumps out of the way of the harpoon.
>Dodge [1d10]
"Hey we said she's going first, why are you shooting me now?!"

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.691115

>>691111
Cerulean looks more alert as she starts tugging and pulling, trying to do the things the sailor taught her, though fishing like this was still a pretty new experience for her.

>FISH AWWWWN!!!

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.691116

>>691111
Rin takes some time to observe each one, knowing she'll likely have to find the one with the Crimson King's daughter on it then it's best to see where the turtles are going.

>Take time to study them further (Rolling if needed)

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.691117

>>691112
The trader shakes his head and laughs casually. "I'm just an old-fashioned merchant."
You see him light a long pipe, and take a long pull. He exhales a pleasant-smelling smoke toward your group's hooves; you notice him studying the smoke as it circulates around you. A few seconds later, he nods. "In the building behind you, on the second floor, is what you're after. Knock once on the broken door."

>>691113
"That'd be her, up there," the minotaur says, gesturing to the chicken. Some of the sailors brave climbing up the rock, only to fall back down in a panic as the chicken pecks at them. "It was a rather lengthy trip from the Frying Pan to this island, one with a lot of twists, turns and unexpected route changes…" the minotaur admits with a bit of shame. "Some of the boys were getting a bit worried, and I suppose she heard someone float by the idea of cooking and eating her. Once we hit the sand, she flew off faster than I'd ever seen a chicken go."

>>691114
The harpoons shred through the shadows. Chiu stands in the trajectory of the harpoons, unable to see them, before managing a last-second dodge to the side. As Chiu raises a low wall of shadow between her and Brewhaha, you see her eyes widen as she scans the combatant.
"I made it clear that I had no intention of training the filly, only you," Brewhaha says. "But I can still kick a whiny brat's ass while training a pupil. Come on, put up your guard, colt!"
"We came here for training, Cloud, and we're going to get it one way or another!"
"That mentality isn't what aura is about. There's more to it than simple-minded persistence. After all, what if you decide to persist in a path that is actually contrary to your goals, instead of helpful?"

Brewhaha tosses more harpoons at you and Chiu.
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]
>Also roll perception, instant

>>691115
You overcome the fish's strength, and pull it out of the water before it can get away. After reeling it in, you see you've caught a large, red sunfish. The sailors applaud at your catch. "This is certainly a change of tactics for a shark like you, eh?" the one who taught you fishing asks.

>>691116
The most distinctive feature of that turtle is the rounded mountain sticking out of its shell. It appears to be some kind of dome, and it's surrounded at the base by more wild, fantastical jungle foliage, like the one you're on.

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #2 6 + 2 = 8

 No.691118

"Wait… the chicken is an accompass? I-I was not sure what to expect, but you may color me surprised. In that case… can she understand us? Can she talk?"

 No.691119

>>691117
Cerulean marvels at the catch herself, nodding to the sailors with a big grin.
"Oh definitely! I'm usually more for going in after them, but they just come to you like this."
Deciding to ride on her excitement high, she recasts the line out again and waits.
"Kinda relaxing like this, too."

 No.691120

>>691117

Cutlass nods and walks inside the building without another word.

She heads up to the second floor and searches for the "broken" door. Assuming she finds it without incident, she knocks on it once.

 No.691121

>>691117
"Ugh, fine. Thought last night would've been enough for the fight side of training."

Cloud jumps to the side again as another harpoon is tossed at him.
>Dodge [1d10]
"Could you speak straight? Haven't gotten anything direct in all this aura talk. I still barely know what this stuff even is!"

>Perception [1d10]


Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.691122

>>691118
"If you think you're surprised, imagine how I've been feeling!" the minotaur exclaims. "I mean, a chicken understanding equish? Who'd have guessed it? We just had her point in the direction to go. I haven't heard her talk, but with the hell of a time she's been giving us for a few desperate notions of cooking her for emergency rations, I think it's for the best if she can't speak."

As he explains the situation, you notice that one of the pirates, a one-eyed pegasus, is floating toward the chicken from behind, armed with a grisly knife. She doesn't seem to notice him.

>>691120
"I wonder what that smoke was," Sparkler says. "I assume he'd be worried about moles from the Bee Queens… is the smoke related to that?"

The building behind you is an abandoned inn, and after inspecting each of the doors on the second floor, you find one without a handle. After you knock, it opens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7M_g_LJn3Q

The room is spacious and orderly, unlike the rest of the ruined inn. Its main feature is a double-wide desk, behind which sits a slim unicorn, light brown with gray hair, armed with a typewriter and a mechanical calculator. Countless weapons, daggers, swords, darts, hatchets, bombs, spears, arrows, and so on hang neatly on racks built into every wall. Many are exotic and flashy, while others are cold and practical. Beside the unicorn sit three mares who analyze sheets of papyrus, apparently keeping track of finances.

"Ah, a captain," the unicorn says in a deep rolling tone. "Please, take your time."

>>691121
The harpoon knocks you flat on your back with a blunt impact, leaving you dazed. You notice that the harpoon's head is flat - Brewhaha seems to lack any real killing intent.
>helpless but no wounds lost
As you lay on your back, you see that several harpoons are floating above Chiu, pointing downward, yet she seems completely unaware.
"Aura is the direct application of one's potential to grow and develop as a person. When you use Aura, you tap into possibility itself, and mold it through your own quirks and individuality into an expression of power unique to you."
"Which is why it requires tenacity to use, right?" Chiu asks, shrugging off the impact of a harpoon as it strikes her.
"In part, yes…" Brewhaha adds.

>>691119
"The best part, in my opinion, is the grilling," the sailor says. "When you're done, let's cook these up, yeah?"
>The sailor is a sleek-maned earth pony with blue coat and seaweed green mane, for reference

 No.691123

>>691119
>forgot to add

Soon enough, your lure begins to bob again.

 No.691124

>>691117
Rin takes a moment to think, before flying down to find Beesting.

 No.691125

>>691124
You find Bee Holder as she exits a tobacco shop, carrying several new satchels. "Ah, Rin. What's on your mind?"

 No.691126

>>691122
Alder nods a little bit as he listens to the minotaur, checking up towards the chicken occasionally, before offering a short chuckle. "I can imagine. Not many captains hire their chicken- M-Miss Accompass, look out!" he chirps, trying to shoot the dagger out of the pegasus's hoof.
>Reinforced Shortbow: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.691127

>>691122
Cloud groans as the harpoon knocks him on his back. He lays sprawled out, taking a second to rest but then shrugging the soreness off to roll over and not be pummlled more.
>Recover [1d10]

As his head rolls over and he sees teh harpoons above Chiu, Cloud points out with a hoof.
"Chiu, above you!"
He shouts in warning.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.691128

>>691122
Cerulean perks up at the sounds of grilling fish.
"Oooooo! Now THAT does sound like the best part!"
The thought of grilled fish almost distracted her from the fish, quickly turning her attention back and trying to reel it in.

>Fish for the fish god!

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.691129

>>691122

"Bee keepers DO often use smoke and gasses to put their stock asleep while they extract the honey. Perhaps it was something akin to that. Like, if we were a bee, something would have happened to us."

"Or," Cutlass sighs. "Maybe it was just more Aura nonsense."

"Hello," Cutlass says as she observes the weapons on the walls. "Are you in charge here?"

As she asks the question, she gives the unicorn a sideways glance. Her eyes glow silver as she looks at him.

[1d10] for Soul Sight on the unicorn

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.691130

>>691125
"Well, I've done some thinkin' and took a look up on the crows nest." Rin says, handing Beesting her spyglass to point out the turtle that caught her eye. "There be a gut feelin'… there be a chance at findin' grand treasure. Gold, jewels, magical trinkets and weapons! One of these turtles should have the Crimson King or his daughter… where there's royalty, there's lots and lots of treasure. A dragon's gut feelin' of greed never lies." Rin says, sounding giddy at the idea of raiding a royal mansion or castle for a hoard of treasure.

>Persuasion if needed

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.691131

>>691128
Having gotten a hang for the art of the struggle, you reel in another bright red sunfish, this one a little larger than the previous one. Once you've got it, the other sailors set up a makeshift griddle out of a large metal sheet, a light a fire underneath it with magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v_fQKT7MyI

>>691129
"True, but wouldn't he have blown it toward our faces rather than our legs?" Sparkler asks. "Unless he was using a very potent formula, we'd have had plenty of time to attack him, as he wasn't even subtle about it."

"Yes ma'am, my name is Magoja, and I've recently acquired this outlet after the previous owner was allowed through the Heatwave," the unicorn says. "I find it rather odd he'd leave behind such a nice stock of weaponry, but I suppose that's the elegance of the Queens' restrictions on who can or can't go through the Heatwave. Familial ties can create such sudden and profound desperation in a pony."

>>691130
"You don't have to tell me twice; ever since we'd heard of the Crimson King from everyone's reports on Windy Island, we've been eager to get our teeth into this royal family. Of course plenty of the crew are in it to save those tribal villages, but everyone worth his salt is sharpening his knife, thinking of what he can take for himself," Bee Holder says with a laugh. "Just like I've raised them. Once we find them, you'd best watch your fingertips."

>>691126
You knock the arrow out of the pegasus's hoof, and he floats back in surprise. With a squawk, the chicken leaps off the boulder and speeds across the sand, farther up the shore.
"Shit!" the minotaur says, quickly giving chase. You see the other pirates drawing knives of their own as they run after the chicken.

>>691127
You get back up. The look of dread that falls over Chiu's face signals her realization of what's been happening. Without looking up, she dives toward her shadow wall as it forms a dome over her.
[1d10+2] Chiu dodge
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2] Spear rain
[1d10+2]
>You can use an action to attempt to stop one of the javelins

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #2 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #3 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #4 3 + 2 = 5

 No.691132

>>691131
Cerulean comes over with her catches, having grown very used to the sounds of festivities on this journey.
"Gotta say: it isn't too often I have cooked fish. Tough to get fires in the water, and those volcano vents are just way too hot to be around."

 No.691133

>>691131

"It's not like attacking him would have gotten bee ponies anywhere. They kill him, now what? They still don't know where the shop is. And, judging by his demeanor, he didn't really seem to mind dying."

"There seems to be a lot of desperation around here," Cutlass comments curtly as she her eyes continue to glow.

[1d10] for Soul Seeing, damnit!

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.691134

>>691131
Cloud's eyes glow as he runs over to Chiu's dome, attempting to grow himself to stand a better chance against all these harpoons Brewhaha keeps tossing, and hoping Chiu can hold out this barrage in time.
>Wax/Wane [Grow Self] [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.691135

>>691131
Rin lets out a hearty yar har har. "Then what say ye, will we set sail as soon as the rest of them decide to show up?"

 No.691136

>>691131
Alder figures it's best to help the Accompass escape for now. This is the only one he's heard of, so he can't let her goose get cooked!
>Flight (Automatic)
>Guiding Tendrils [Aid] (Instant, Automatic) on the Accompass, granting her a +1 on her next roll

 No.691137

>>691132
You and the sailors grill up, salt and season the fish, and soon have a large lunch before you.
"Ha! I bet that'd be a struggle. So, what crew are you with?" the pony asks. He starts to chow down on his fish… despite belonging to an herbivorous species.

>>691133
"Those are good points, but still…" Sparkler trails off, apparently considering other possibilities.
"Don't get her going on strategy, or you won't hear the end of it," Droplet says with brotherly amusement.

A most chilling feeling settles over you as you peer into Magoja's soul. It is as though you have been enveloped in a cold, gentle fire, wrapping up your skin with electrifying impulses. Though you are new to this ability, you can tell that this soul belongs to someone certainly not mortal. You cannot fathom what Magjoa is truly after, but his is the soul of a trickster; before him lies a path of chaos for its own sake.

"Those are unfortunately the times we live in," Magoja says soberly. "I'm sorry to see this island torn apart like this, it's very unnecessary. Have you heard? Apparently the Crimson King's daughter is at it again."
"She's after a wedding cake, right?" Droplet asks.
"Even bigger than the last!" Magoja exclaims.

>>691135
"I'd not have it another way," Bee Holder says. "Though, we can't set sail without the Accompass. I saw Alder heading toward the beach, I think he may have a lead on where we can get one for cheap. All the ones around here are selling their services at far higher a price than they're worth."

>>691136
As you fly after the Accompass, the other pirates turn their annoyance on you. "Hey, hey! We paid good money for that thing, you shit!" one shouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSAsQv99XOg

The Accompass speeds across the sand, kicking up dust as she goes.
[1d10+2] Sand-screen
The pirates give chase after the two of you.
[1d10+1]

>>691134
The impact has left you dazed, and your ability fizzles out. Chiu's wall holds out against the first few impacts, but the last one breaks the barrier and hits her square in the back. The wall falls apart, and Chiu lays there, seemingly dazed.
Brewhaha walks over. "That's what I'm talking about. You're the type to ram your head against a problem, and that isn't what Aura's about. Brute-forcing your way through life stubbornly is not the same as pursuing a goal with an earnest heart. Until you learn the differe–"
Chiu suddenly grabs at Brewhaha's leg, and yanks her to the ground. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #3 3 + 2 = 5

 No.691138

>>691137
"Bah, what happened to the good days of just kidnapping and forcin' a quality asset to work for you. I'll help the cabin boy find an accompass." She says, before flying over to check on Alder.

 No.691139

>>691137
"Chiu, are you alright?"
Cloud asks as she takes a harpoon straight in the back.

When she grabs at Brewhaha through her taunts, he smirks.
"Probably shouldn't have let up on those harpoons."
He jokes, eyes glowing as he focuses his magic on Chiu to give her a nice boost.
>Wax/Wane [Grow Chiu] [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.691140

>>691137

"Oh, I rather enjoy a good discussion of strategy," Cutlass says, waving a dismissive hoof to Droplet.

Cutlass looks from Droplet to Magoja, feeling very out of the loop. "Who is this Crimson King?"

 No.691141

>>691137
Alder picks up the pace as he flies along overhead the Accompass! Not wanting to get the sailors on his case too, he merely tries to look ahead for any signs of danger!
>Perception [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.691142

>>691139
Something doesn't feel quite right… you've got a bit of a headache. As Chiu yanks Brewhaha to the ground, the two wrestle, each attempting to pin the other. Yet, just as Chiu seems to gain the upper hand, something in your magic backfires, and she is shrunk down to about half her size. Brewhaha is easily able to push Chiu to the ground.
"I respect the attempt, at least. But you, Cloud, should've let the lady go. Not only is she exceedingly stubborn, she's the type to depend too much on someone else, right? Did you think you were helping her like that?"
The words seem to hit Chiu harder than any of the javelins did. She is unable to respond.

>>691140
"He's a demon, an entrepreneur, a playboy and a very, very rich all of the above," Magoja says. "His daughter, the Princess of Embers, is getting married yet again, and so her Daddy's going to be splurging on each and every detail of her plan."
"Word on the street is that the Princess is having her wedding cake made on this island by the Bee Queens," Droplet says. "However, we weren't able to learn much of the details."
"Yes, well, you don't need to know the intricacies of the wedding to discern that the Crimson King is probably helping the Bee Queens. They used to live on this island peacefully, but now they're in the middle of conquering it. Seems obvious to me that the King has his thumb in it," Magoja says. "And of course, he's always bad for business."

>>691141
>>691138
Rin is able to quickly catch up with Alder as he's being chased by a group of pirates. Rin and Alder are fast, and put distance between themselves and the pirates. Yet, some of the sand kicked up by the Accompass gets in Alder's eyes, and he loses track of where he is. He crashes straight into Rin, leaving both dazed.
"There, get them!" one of the pirates says as they start to catch up.

 No.691143

>>691137
Cerulean digs right in the fish, happily feasting upon the hard work of her catch.
"The Beesting. We're that one ship that came in all beat up looking and stuff."
She goes back to chowing down.
"We're looking for an accompass at the moment, but I guess I got a bit side-tracked from that. Hahah."

 No.691144

>>691143
"Well, as long as you're having fun, I see no problems with getting sidetracked," the sailor says as he devours the fish. "I'm Agni, with the Colony line of ships. Neither of us can speak for our captains of course, but what say you to an alliance between our two ships? At least, passing the idea along to our captains?"

 No.691145

>>691142
>>691141
"Augh!" Rin grunts loudly, shaking off her daze when she hears the pirates shout. "Yargh, watch where ye be goin' cabin boy! Why are these landlubbers chasin' ye?" She asks, preparing to cut down one of the approaching pirates and striking the one next to it with a offhand slice.

>Rupture: Pirate 1

[1d10]
>Slice n' Dice: Pirate 2
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.691146

>>691142

"And now there's a powerful demon involved," Cutlass says, stomping her hoof and groaning. "I simply cannot catch a break can I? At this point, the revolution plan would end in-"

Cutlass stops dead for a moment. For the briefest of moments, a smile crosses her face. Then, it's gone. "Disaster," she finishes her sentence. "It would just be complete chaos. I'm trying to find weapons to arm a small army, and of course no one would help me with that. It would be pure madness."

"I mean," Cutlass says, looking to Magoja. "What would it take for YOU to agree to such a thing?"

[1d10] for Whisper in Your Ear

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.691147

>>691142
"Ack! A-Apologies, Miss Rin! The sand caused me to tumble!" He pulls the dragon up to her feet, before pointing at the chicken "We must hurry! The Accompass is in danger!" he chirps, pointing at the chicken before taking to the air again
>Flight: Automatic

 No.691148

>>691144
Cerulean gets close to done with her fish, leaving a bit of meat on the bone. She pats her stomach and does a bit of a flex/stretch.
"Eating is always fun," she replies happily, then came the question about an alliance.
"Well nice to meet you Agni. My name's Cerulean, and this is Roger," she motions to the flying, mystical remora, who acknowledges Agni's existence, but his attention is grabbed by the cooked fish Cerulean gives to him.
"And I'd have to ask, but I don't see why not. This is pretty much uncharted waters for us, so knowing ponies more experienced than us would be nice."

 No.691149

>>691142
Cloud winces as his magic fails, doing the exact opposite of what he wanted. His eyes light as he tries to fix the mistake, but Brewhaha's comments cut him short as he glares at her.
"Hey, you got that all wrong. Chiu's one of the strongest ponies I've met, if anypony here is the dependent one it's me. So how about you knock off the personal jabs you bag of bones and stick to the harpoons, ok?"
He spits, getting fed up with her taunts at Chiu. His eyes flash as he corrects his magic, putting Chiu back to her normal size.
>Wax/Wane [Grow Chiu] [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.691150

>>691145
>>691147
As the pirates approach, Rin slices into them, leaving them with bad injuries. Though they outnumber you, the pirates take a look at Rin, and the looks of worry they get indicate their lack of confidence. Though they glare at the fleeing chicken, they turn and flee from Rin.

As Alder chases after the chicken, it starts to slow down, apparently realizing it's not being chased any more.

>>691146
"I am in favor of any endeavor, so long as it proves to be a fruitful investment," Magoja says slyly. "And anything with the Crimson King's name on it is bound to end with him gaining a monopoly on everything, from business to government and all that's in between. How is a small start-up like mine supposed to survive in an environment like that?"

He leans back in his chair. "If you think you can knock out the pillars from beneath the King, then I will provide you and your revolutionaries the bludgeon with which to smash him."
"That includes swords right? Those don't bludgeon," a mook asks.
"…Yes," Magoja says.

>>691148
Agni pats Roger's head.
"That's great!" Agni says, quickly finishing his snack. "I'll pass this along to the captain, and if he approves, I'll send word to you by pufferfish. You can send a reply the same way."
You notice that some of the sailors, checking pocket-watches, are packing up their fishing equipment. "Oh, I think we might be out of time. Hopefully the captains approve. The waters are getting dangerous around the Ribcage. The conflicts between the Islands' leaders are starting to get worse, and smaller crews like ours are getting taken out more and more frequently by bigger organizations. To stand a chance, it'll take alliances like ours. Don't be afraid to reach out to other crews, if you think you can trust them."

>>691149
Chiu returns to normal size. "Cloud, I think she might be right."
Brewhaha remains silent.
"Still can't see it, but… it's a bit more clear now than it was earlier," Chiu says. "Thank you. Both of you. But you, Brewhaha, could use some lessons in speaking plain Equish instead of speaking in riddles."

 No.691151

>>691150
Rin lets out a dark yar har har as she licks the blood off her blades. "I ain't got time for pocket change chumps like ye." Rin says to herself. Rin then turns to catch back up with Alder and the chicken.

 No.691152

>>691150

Cutlass grins. "Sounds like a profitable venture for both of us."

"I don't know how many ponies we have yet. I have some ponies out there now gathering more. Could be a lot. SHOULD be a lot. We have a lot to fight. Do you think you'll have enough weapons?"

 No.691153

>>691150
Alder comes to land next to the chicken, and offers a bit of a smile "Uhm, hello! I trust you are unharmed, yes? A-And, if I have heard correctly, you are an Accompass?"

 No.691154

>>691150
"Sounds rough, but alright, I'm sure one of us will speak soonish. Thanks again for showing me how to catch fish like this, and cooking it! Was really tasty." She waves goodbye to Agni, Roger also doing a little wave of his own, then remembers about the weaponsmith and her tail sheath. She wasn't sure if an hour had passed since then, but she may as well check up on it.

 No.691155

>>691150
"What?"
Cloud asks in confusion.
"Come on, she doesn't know anything about you."

On her last comment, Cloud looks over to Brewhaha. He wants to say 'I told you so', but he keeps silent.

 No.691156

>>691152
"Do you think you'll have enough ponies?" Magoja asks with a smile.
"I suppose that settles it," Droplet says eagerly. "What's the cost?"
"Speak with Walah over there, she'll ring things up for you," Magoja says, gesturing to the mares poring over the ledgers.
"The Gates of Justice will foot the bill," Sparkler says to you. "It's all a business expense, after all."

>>691151
>>691153
True to its nature, the chicken struts about to and fro, keeping an eye out every which way for more attackers. Yet, the chicken now seems more relaxed than it was earlier, allowing you two to get close.

>>691154
After saying your goodbyes, you see Agni and his fellow pirates hop into the water with their equipment. They swim far faster and more easily than any pony has business swimming. They also don't come up for any air.

After returning to the smith, he is happy to report that the armor's been fitted to your measurements, and will now be easy to put on, even with your shark proportions.

>>691155
"Oh no, she absolutely exaggerated by virtue of her shot-in-the-dark comment," Chiu says. "But it's still true to an extent… why don't we talk about it more over some food?"
"Hmmph, don't want to share the details in front of an old bag of bones?" Brewhaha asks.
Chiu rolls her eyes and takes Brewhaha aside. "I've got something to ask of you, too, don't worry."

After speaking with Brewhaha privately, Chiu comes back. "Well, I'm going to get us something to eat. You didn't get much of a training session; she just threw spears at you to get me to go away. If you want to train one-on-one properly this time, that's alright with me. Meet back at the ship when you're done, okay?"

 No.691157

>>691156
"I assume you can understand us, yes? Can you by chance speak, or write?" he asks, before looking to Cerulean "I figure you must have something the two of us could call you besides 'Chicken' or 'Accompass'."

 No.691158

>>691156

"Well that's nice, thanks," Cutlass says with a nod to Sparkler.

Cutlass walks up to ledgerponies. "Which one of you is Walah?" she asks as her eyes subtly glow again.

[1d10] to Soul See on any or all of them

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.691159

>>691157
(Rin, not Cerulean. I swear, I only made one martini)

 No.691160

>>691156
>>691157
"It just looks like a chicken to me." Rin says, looking unimpressed at the chicken.

 No.691161

>>691156
Cerulean looked on with some fascination, but a question possibly for later.

For now, she happily thanks the smith and pays him (if she didn't do so already). Eager to try it on, she starts to put the armor on right there and get a feel for clothing beyond some seashell jewelry.

 No.691162

>>691156
"Yea, sure, since you're alright with it. I'll try to hurry back."
Cloud says, still surprised and confused at how this turned out. He looks over to Brewhaha after Chiu departs.
"Alright, let's hurry this up then. Start chucking whenever you're good."

 No.691163

>>691160
"It is, yes. But, it is apparently the last crew's Accompass. It is why they were chasing it."

 No.691164

>>691158
"Me, can I get you anything to drink?" all three mares say. None of them look the same, as all have different colored coats, manes and eyes.
"She divides herself by three sometimes," Magoja says. "Many hooves make for light work."
Each "soul" of the three ponies feels connected, like an individual flower that extends from the same vine. Similar to Magoja's, Walah's soul is not that of a mortal, yet hers lacks the unfamiliar intensity that Magoja's had. Walah seems to be after self-improvement and individuation, but unlike with previous readings, a clear image doesn't manifest itself for you. It's possible that Walah herself is not sure what that road might look like.

>>691160
>>691157
The chicken scratches at the ground hungrily, with her head tilted to the side, one eye inspecting the both of you as if you were worms. It occurs to Alder that the minotaur from earlier might know more about this chicken and her abilities or lack thereof.

>>691161
Being that you're a bit unaccustomed to wearing the armor, the weight is noticeable. Yet, it's been properly fitted, and doesn't restrict your movements. You suspect that a few laps in the ocean are in order to get used to the weight.

>>691162
Brewhaha smirks. "She took it much better than I thought she would. Good catch."
After generating a wide array of javelins, Brewhaha sizes you up. "As I was saying earlier, I'm going to pressure you until your Aura manifests as a result of the challenge. That's how it's supposed to be done, traditionally. So, try not to die. Ready… Three, t–?"

Without warning, the javelins dart forward.
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_6oRBOvIw0

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #2 6 + 2 = 8

 No.691165

>>691163
"Well if he be an accompass, then why don't we just be takin' him back to the ship now?" Rin says, preparing to move closer to the chicken.

>>691164
Rin moves to begin pushing the chicken back to the ship.

 No.691166

>>691164
"Could we maybe try a non-traditional way? Can't really get to bruised up you know, got a crew waiting for— Whoa!"
Cloud ducks down to avoid the two tossed javelins.
>Dodge [1d10]
"I don't plan to but some warning would be nice!"

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.691167

>>691164
>>691165
"Hrm… yes, perhaps. It would do us well to go back and visit that minotaur again." the griffon chirps, before looking between Rin, and the chicken "…Though, perhaps, one of us should stay with her? I feel like bringing her with us could incite another chase."

 No.691168

>>691164
Cerulean thanks the smith, happily walking out, if her steps are a bit awkward due to the new, added weight. When she gets the the water, she dives right in, doing all manner of movements to try and get the armor settled in. Roger floats around closeby, mimicing some of the flips and twirls she does.

 No.691169

>>691167
"Hah! Ye say that like it be a bad thing. The others ran off after only getting cut once."

 No.691170

>>691164

"How convenient," Cutlass says conversationally, referring to her ability to split.

"I don't need anything right now," Cutlass says, declining the offer. "Just need to handle payment. Can you handle it?" Cutlass asks Droplet.

As she asks, she turns back to Magoja. "So, random question for you. Do you know what a Draconoquis is?" she asks him coyly.

She watches him to gauge his reaction. [1d10] if necessary

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.691171

>>691166
"Quit whining, this method is more fun for me," Brewhaha counters. Instead of launching another volley, Brewhaha tosses a javelin into the ground. As the light flows into the ground, it transforms into a chain, which snakes through the ground toward your hoof. You have a bad feeling about what might happen if it touches you.
>roll dodge, instant; this can be made a success regardless of roll by finding a way to prevent the chain from touching you at all

>>691168
As you exercise in the water, you see Agni and his fellows underwater, near the ocean floor. They're loading their things into a sunken ship, as are several other sailors. The ship rests on the back of a gigantic stingray, apparently the vessel which carries the ship itself.

>>691170
"I've run into a few here and there. Generally nice folks, but hard to hold a coherent conversation with," Magoja says.
"Absolutely, captain!" Droplet answers as he sits down with Walah.

>>691165
>>691167
The chicken defiantly nips Rin's claw as she tries to push it, then struts confidently ahead down the beach. Eventually, you run into the sombrero-wearing minotaur from before. "Ah, good. Got her to relax, eh?" he asks.

 No.691172

>>691169
"Hrm… perhaps we could. You make for a rather intimidating sight, Miss Rin! In that case, let us be off!" he chirps, flicking his tail and heading for the minotaur

 No.691173

>>691171
"Ahh, yes! It took a bit of time, but she eventually stopped running. How exactly does she… do her job? I imagine it is not through some manner of trinket or such thing, yes?"

 No.691174

>>691171
"This be your chicken? Tell us, does it work as an accompass?" Rin asks.

 No.691175

>>691171
"I thought this was supposed to be training, not entertainment!"
Cloud protests as he readies to avoid another rain of harpoons. As she throws it directly into the ground, he's thrown off guard until the chain raises and slithers towards him.
He backs up a few steps, wishing again that he had his wings right now. Thinking quickly, his eyes glow as he calls up vines from the ground to wrap around and throw the links of the chain to hold it still and tangle it up.
>Earthen Grasp

 No.691176

>>691171
Cerulean couldn't help but watch, this being a very interesting sight to behold. She couldn't help but approach a bit closer, her curiosity getting the better of her. Seeing Agni again, she gave a friendly wave to him, though seeing a boat on the back of a giant stingray was too cool to not pass up seeing.

 No.691177

>>691171

"O-oh," Cutlass says, taken off guard. "Really? Where did you meet one?"

"They seem terribly uncivil to me. I always hear about the one living in Equestria being a good enough fellow, but those Ponyville ponies will try to make friends with ANYTHING."

 No.691178

>>691173
>>691174
"Well, I don't know exactly, I don't speak much chick-ese. But the way we did it was we presented her with something from the island that we wanted to go to. The more unique, the better. For example, a sample of the local clothing, or a picture of the island itself, or someone from the island. The more unique the thing, the easier a trip we'd have. Then she'd stand at the front of the ship and point us in the right direction."

The chicken glares apprehensively at the minotaur, who sighs. "Ah, tell you what? For 100 gold, you can have her. Every now and again she'd make us go on a rather roundabout course. And it isn't like she'd work for us anymore after the debacle of people wanting to eat her."

>>691175
"Do you want the powers or not?" Brewhaha asks.
As you disrupt the chains with vines of your own, you feel a certain rising sensation in your chest, much like that from the battle at the carnival last night. This time, a circle of javelins appears around you, with no wide gaps between any of them, leaving an escape route uncertain.

>>691176
Agni waves back, though he seems a little busy at the moment. The stingray appears to be chilling at the moment, waiting for the crew to finish loading.

>>691177
"As a merchant, I travel quite a bit, and I sometimes wind up in rather odd corners of the worlds. The most recent time, the fellow helped me change the wheel on my cart… but not before sticking me with eels, peels, and teals. I had to move for miles with my cart propped up by a manifestation of a color. It was rather abstract, in hindsight. What about you?"

>paused

 No.691708

Post sheets

 No.691709


 No.691710

File: 1515639518326.gif (1.87 MB, 540x230, Kingsmen.gif)


 No.691711


 No.691712

Last time on PQ…

Rin and Alder managed to calm down the giant chicken and chase off her pursuers. The sombrero-wearing minotaur they spoke with earlier informed them that the chicken most likely ran off after hearing the hungry crew discuss eating her, and then offered to let her go for a mere 100 Bits.

Cerulean finished fishing, and spoke to Agni, a member of another pirate crew, about the possibility of an alliance between their ship and the Beesting, for protection amid the ongoing conflicts on the islands. She would have to speak to the captain about this further.

Cloud continued his training with Brewhaha, now that Chiu had gone off to leave them be.

 No.691713

>>691711
>Rin
"Well, I don't know exactly, I don't speak much chick-ese. But the way we did it was we presented her with something from the island that we wanted to go to. The more unique, the better. For example, a sample of the local clothing, or a picture of the island itself, or someone from the island. The more unique the thing, the easier a trip we'd have. Then she'd stand at the front of the ship and point us in the right direction."

The chicken glares apprehensively at the minotaur, who sighs. "Ah, tell you what? For 100 gold, you can have her. Every now and again she'd make us go on a rather roundabout course. And it isn't like she'd work for us anymore after the debacle of people wanting to eat her."

>>691709
"Do you want the powers or not?" Brewhaha asks.
As you disrupt the chains with vines of your own, you feel a certain rising sensation in your chest, much like that from the battle at the carnival last night. This time, a circle of javelins appears around you, with no wide gaps between any of them, leaving an escape route uncertain.

>>691710
Agni waves back, though he seems a little busy at the moment. The stingray appears to be chilling at the moment, waiting for the crew to finish loading.

>Cutlass

"As a merchant, I travel quite a bit, and I sometimes wind up in rather odd corners of the worlds. The most recent time, the fellow helped me change the wheel on my cart… but not before sticking me with eels, peels, and teals. I had to move for miles with my cart propped up by a manifestation of a color. It was rather abstract, in hindsight. What about you?"

 No.691714


 No.691715

>>691713
Seeing the crew busy at the moment, Cerulean thinks its about time to head back to her own and see how everyone else is doing with their preparations. She swims back up, giving herself one last stretch to get used to the armor more, then sets off in search of whoever she can find first.

 No.691716

>>691713
"Hrm… I see! I unfortunately do not speak Chick-ese either… I did not know poultry had a dialect. But, I would be willing to pay." he says, fishing through his pack and looking to Rin "Do you think you would be willing to cover the other half, Miss Rin?"

 No.691717

>>691714
Cutlass secured a deal with a shady weapons dealer going by the name of Magoja, and his assistant, Walah. The arms they provided would prove useful in the planned uprising against the Bee Queens, and would conveniently be written off as a business expense by the Gates of Justice.

 No.691718

>>691713
>>691717

"Yes, they DO seem to have a sort of… odd sense of humor. I've never met one myself. I've just read about them."

"Forget I asked about it," Cutlass adds, waving her hoof. "It was just a random question. Thank you for the business. If everything here is taken care of, I'm going to go see how our little revolution is coming along."

 No.691719

>>691713
"Well duh, with how everything's been trying to kill us I need that extra edge like you said when we first showed off whatever it was to blast that sea monster."
Cloud complains to Brewhaha's question.

As a new ring of javelins surrounds him, Cloud looks around in a panic. He can't avoid this many, or move fast enough without his wings to get away. Without thinking, his eyes glow as he attempts to shrink himself, either giving him the space to slip through the attacks or hoping they'd collide with each other as they try to hit a smaller target.
>Wax/Wane [Shrink Self] [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.691720

>>691715
As your ears catch the sound of fighting, you head south along the shore and follow a dirt trail leading up from the beach to a grassy hill. There, you see Brewhaha, outlined by her aura, apparently attacking Cloud with an array of javelins and chains composed of aura. (See below)

>>691719
"Fire!" Brewhaha shouts, and the ring of javelins rapidly closes in on you. But you shrink to about half your size in the same instant, and the javelins pass overhead, skimming the top of your mane. You vanish among the tall grass of the hillside, now tall enough to serve as camouflage. The intense feeling within you begins to intensify.

>>691718
You see Droplet and Sparkler sign off on a sheet of parchment before Walah, which Walah then stamps with a red circular sigil.
"All signed and sealed," Magoja says. "Our agents will busy themselves with preparations and distributions of your purchased weapons, at the opportune time. I'm quite thrilled to have taken over this business and then made such a major deal so quickly. Thank you for your purchase, Miss Cutlass. If I may be so informal as to make one small request: Do put on a good show."
He opens the door, allowing you to leave. Through one of the windows in the hall, you can see your local peon leading a ragtag group of ponies north through the trash-ridden streets.

>>691719
>Rin
You and Rin pool your funds together and fork over 100 Bits. Yet, you catch the chicken glaring at the minotaur from behind Rin. The minotaur sighs. "If you say so."

He hands you back 10 Bits. "Most Accompasses sell their services for about this rate. A touch expensive, but we're lucky they're around at all, what with the tumultuous waters, weather, and the conflicts between the islands' Haku getting worse by the day."

 No.691721

>>691720
"Alright. Thank you kindly, sir." he says, taking the 10 bits back and tucking them away for now."
In response to the other stuff, he can only offr a nod "We have seen much of the weather and the waters- and, hopefully, we intend to help with some of the conflicts as we go. Which islands should we keep watch for in particular, when it comes to conflict?" he asks, flicking his tail curiously

 No.691722

>>691720
https://pastebin.com/7FyBUa0q
"Yar har har, now we be able to get back to sailin'!"

 No.691723

>>691722
Alder returns the remaining 10 bits to Rin, now that her controller is here!

 No.691724

>>691720

Cutlass cackles with delight. "I plan on it," she says as she walks out the door.

Cutlass goes outside to greet her growing entourage. "I'm glad to see you're doing good work," she says with a nod of approval to her new peon.

"And, good news, everyone," she says loud enough for everyone to hear. "We're getting weapons!"

As she speaks, she mentally counts how many there are.

 No.691725

>>691720
Cloud sits still in the tall grass, breathing deeply at the close shave. He runs a hoof through his mane, glad it was just a trim he received. He looks around, unable to really see much through the grass as he wonders to himself what he's supposed to do now.
Figuring it best to get a moment to breath, Cloud uses his small size to sneak around and behind Brewhaha to be out of her sight.

 No.691726

>>691720
Seeing Cloud be in the middle of something, and the thing he was fighting was a friendly face, Cerulean decided to get comfy and sit in the grass to watch the fight unfold.

 No.691727

>>691721
>>691722
"Horsshu and Kaco are quickly becoming notorious for their violence against unaffiliated pirate groups, even when considering their leadership's pre-existing reputation as packs of raiders and killers. In my opinion, however, Kaco is not as bad; so long as you offer a tribute to the patrols that circle the island, they will protect you while you are within their waters. But if you see the flag of the blue crown, just turn and flee. Abandon ship if you must. Those are Horsshu ships; you're better off taking your chances with the sharks than them."

You recall that Kaco is your best bet for a next destination, given its rumored involvement with the Crimson King.

>>691726
You see the following unfold below:

>>691725
You circle around in the tall grass, carefully listening for the sound of Brewhaha's hoofsteps. A loud rustling signals her approach. Through the blades, you see that she's swiping at the grass with a javelin, and you're just out of sight, at her 8 o'clock position.

>>691724
10 disheveled, weary pirates of various race and stature stand before you, and given the state of the populace of Potnia, it seems you may have been lucky to get this many. Still, Magoja's office had weapons fit for far more than this. Meanwhile, in the distance, the Heatwave hums steadily, its deep droning a steadily maddening buzz.

 No.691728

>>691727

Cutlass grumbles in frustration. "It's a start. But, I have gained enough weapons for a small army. If we're going to do this, we'll need more. Any of you know where we might find more who are willing to take down these obnoxious bees?" she asks the group.

 No.691729

"Let them try and attack us, I be giving them no bribe and no quarter." Rin says, Ready to push the chicken back to the ship.

 No.691730

>>691727
Alder makes a mental not of the advise and information, before flicking his tail a tad more "Right. Thank you for the tip, sir." he says, bowing respectfully and looking to Rin "So, let us get moving, yes? We have what we came for, and a good deal more. We should get moving as quick as we can."

 No.691731

>>691727
Cloud crouches down in the grass as he hears Brewhaha on the move and cutting away at the grass. Fully out of sight, he gets a plan. His eyes glow, lying in wait on the swings of her javelin. He waits for her to swing out, for her to be the most open and off guard, and then he sends out his magic, weakening the ground under her into quicksand to pull and trap her when she can't react.
>Earthen Grasp [Quicksand] [1d10-1]

Roll #1 10 - 1 = 9

 No.691732

>>691728
"Our chances of gathering more dwindle by the day," one of the pirates says. "The Queens have been allowing more and more people to get through the Heatwave, and this is quickly defusing the sentiments of rebellion which have been boiling in this city. But if I may offer a suggestion: If we were to provoke one of the guards into brutalizing one of us, and then attacked him, that might serve to inspire more to join our cause."
The pirates grow nervous at the prospect.

>>691730
>>691729
You return to the ship with the chicken, and along the way, it occurs to you that the minotaur at no point referred to the chicken by a name. It seems it might lack one.
As you get back to the ship, you see Zerk, Squatz and Paraiba speaking with Kling Klang, Cane Shuga and Bent Scales. Upon your arrival, they wave in greeting.
"That's quite the specimen you have," Kling Klang says. "Good to see you're spending your money wisely."

>>691731
>>691726
"Woah!" Brewhaha yelps as she's pulled into the sand, her arm bent in an awkward position such that she can't toss the javelin. She twists her head about, as difficult as that proves, and spots you. "Hmmph. You clever little rodent. Well? You feel anything yet?"
Indeed, the intense feeling has welled up to a crescendo within you, perhaps in being so close to the dense, solid aura of Brewhaha's weapons. You feel a power at your hooftips, waiting for you to call upon it.

 No.691733

"It be an accompass aparently, but if it don't turn out to be a good one we can always roast it!" Rin says, drooling as she brings the chicken closer. "Isn't that right, chicken? You're going to guide us to that Kaco Island, understand?"

>Intimidation: Hungry eyes

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.691734

>>691732

"You are… surprisingly eloquent," Cutlass says, taken off guard by the pirate. "And also very clever. Let's do it. Who volunteers," Cutlass looks to the others.

As she asks the question, she puts a little bit of Aura in her words. [1d10] Whisper in your Ear to get a volunteer

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.691735

>>691732
"Hah, yea!"
Cloud cheers as he jumps up in the grass as Brewhaha is trapped.

As she turns her head and calls to him, Cloud walks over triumphantly while she's stuck.
"I'm feeling pretty great after sinking you."
He brags before thinking about the training.
"Hmm, I'm feeling pretty tingly. In my hooves and stuff."

 No.691736

>>691734
"On my old ship, the Rusted Chain, I was the poet. It was my job to be the eloquent one, so that I could get away with insulting our poor, poor captain while pretending to sing his praises."

None of the pirates step forward. "There are quite a few ways this plan could go wrong," Sparkler says. "It depends on the situation at the checkpoint, the disposition, number and armaments of the guards and the backlash to our approach. Let's isolate one of them instead of risking a larger conflict."

>>691733
As you attempt to stare down the chicken, she rises up, puffing out all her feathers until she's nearly twice her height and width. She twists her neck and glares down at you, a low squawk boiling in the back of her throat.
"Something tells me that threatening our navigational system isn't a good idea," Cane Shuga says.

>>691735
"…Tingly. What an eloquent and descriptive summary. At least Chiu appreciated all of my abstract ramblings."
Brewhaha starts digging herself out of the sand, a task made easy by her bony form. "At least it's something. I think you'll be able to use it on demand now. Give your ability a try, just not on me."

 No.691737

>>691736

"What exactly are you suggesting?" Cutlass asks Sparkler.

"What if we didn't even risk any of our own? What if we just found something that the bees were already doing that people didn't like?"

 No.691738

>>691736
Cloud dispels his magic on himself, growing back to normal size as he gives a stretch.
"Really, that's all?"
He says in surprise, expecting another flurry of harpoons.

"Alright, if you say so. Still not sure what it is I have though."
Cloud walks over to a nearby tree, figuring that'd be good enough to work with. He focuses on the tree, trying to use whatever this feeling that's been welling up in him on it.
>Leech [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.691739

>>691736
Rin growls, ready to pull out her blades. "If it be wanting a fight, it be asking for it with that attitude!"

>Intimidation: It's a matter of pride, can't let a chicken not be intimidated

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.691740

>>691732
>>691736
"I-I would be inclined to agree, Miss Rin. We do not want to chase her off for the same reasonings they did." he offers, folding his ears back slightly and shrinking away from the chicken

 No.691741

>>691740
Rin brings an arm around Alder "Ahhh naive little cabin boy… It be a matter of pride, ye know a pirate be a laughin' stock if ye can't even scare a chicken. Did ye ever hear of great pirates bein' unable to scare a chicken?"

 No.691742

>>691741
Alder lets out a nervous warble, before shrugging a little "I-I suppose I have not, no! Y-You are the pirate." he cedes, watching the exchange between Rin and the chicken nervously

 No.691743

>>691737
"If we can get one of the guards alone, but also in a place that many ordinary folk could see him, not only would that minimize the damage done to whoever serves as the bait, it would also increase the chances that others would jump into the fight, by decreasing the chances that reinforcements would arrive for the guard himself," Sparkler explains.

"Second choice sounds safer. Plenty of crooked shit to unearth," a second pirate says. "Methinks gettin' a bitta proof about what lies beyond the Heatwave would work best. Folks here think they're escapin' the island if they can get through it. Not a chance, methinks. It smells of death."
"Colobok should have left behind a marker for us, I imagine," Ossie says.

>>691740
>>691739
As the chicken shows no sign of backing down, Zerk butts in rudely, shoving himself in between Rin and the chicken. "Alright, break it up, you two. There will be no eating of chicken, and, although less likely, there will be no chickens eating dragons either."
The chicken still seems displeased.
"We came here to seal the deal on our alliance with your ship," Paraiba says. "Please don't fuck it up by dying. You're basically our meal ticket right now."

>>691738
The tree quickly shrivels as you drain the life from it, as befitting of a bat.
"You'll figure it out eventually as you come to gain use of it and develop it more," Brewhaha says. "In my experience, those who stick with Aura come to know their power as well as they know themselves."

 No.691744

>>691743
Rin seems displeased too, growling at the fact Zerk is trying to break up a fight. "Fine, I better be given extra drinks then. If anybody needs me, I be drinking until we get to Kaco." Rin says, grabbing a bottle she tucked away to find a spot on the ship and begin chugging down a drink.

 No.691745

>>691743
Cloud looks surprised as the tree shrivels away before him.
"Whoa. Hey I think I remember something like this happening to that plant during the festival…"

Cloud turns back around to Brewhaha.
"So I just have to use this a bunch then? I think I can handle that, I'm feeling refreshed after trying it out. This is the perfect kind of training for me."

 No.691746

>>691743
"Alliance? I had only assumed we were trading the Chicken, and little else… ehm, does it have a name?" he asks, a little confused. He offets a short wave to Rin as she stalks off, before waiting expectantly.

 No.691747

>>691743

"I like this plan," Cutlass rubs her hooves together with a smile. "Now we just need something we can bring back as proof that the bees have no plans to let them leave."

"A marker for what?" Cutlass asks Ossie.

 No.691748

>>691745
"Practice is part of it, but try to have a bit of introspection as well, though I know that might be difficult. Aura's more than just power, though so many people treat it purely as such. Mastering it requires a willingness to master yourself as well, and that cannot be done without understanding yourself. You'd be surprised how few people waste their entire lives, and then wake up to find they don't recognize, and never recognized, the face in the mirror. And you can come out already!" she turns and shouts at the treeline behind her.
You see Chiu surreptitiously peeking at the two of you from behind a tree with a spyglass. In her hoof, you see a notepad and quill pen.

>>691746
>>691744
"I have no idea, I've never seen her before in my life," Zerk says.
"You should give her a name if she doesn't have one already," Squatz adds.
"Remember, at the festival? We agreed to an alliance for the sake of robbing the Crimson King," Paraiba says. "We were just here to explain the details to your crewmates."

>>691747
"Before leaving, he mentioned he would leave a marker that we would recognize, signifying a weak spot in the Heatwave," Droplet says. "We use a system of markings and carvings to leave clues for one another on missions. They have to be quite obscure and innocuous to keep them from jeopardizing the mission, so I find it unlikely anyone here would have caught onto them."
He grips the corner of a building and starts to shimmy up to the top. "Let me see if I can spy anything on any of the buildings closest to the Heatwave."

>pausing early due to player absence

 No.691749

>>691748
>nevermind, not paused, reply like normal

 No.691750

>>691748
Rin continues chugging alcohol, drowning away time until the ship sets sail.

>Getting drunk

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.691751

>>691748
"So I just need to know myself. That shouldn't be too… Hmm…"
Cloud starts to says, before going off in thought.
"I sorta get what you mean. Even with all the bumming around I've done I never thought too much on myself."
He responds with an odd bit of retrospection.

As Brewhaha calls out Chiu, Cloud scoffs.
"Let her learn her own way. So, is there anything else?"
He asks, before giving a wave off to Chiu in the distance.

 No.691752

>>691748
>>691745
Hearing the fight conclude, Cerulean came up clapping in her new armor.
"Sorry to spy, but just saw cool stuff happening and I didn't want to butt in on it and all that."
She gives a bit of a sigh.
"Though your lesson looked more fun. Way more than just going to sleep and having a weird dream. Lucky."

 No.691753

>>691748
"Ah. Apologies, sir. It has been a rather long day." the griffon admits, before sighing a little. He looks to the chicken, and hums a little bit… "Prisma? As in, Prismatic. You are quite colorful."

 No.691754

>>691752
Cloud turns as Cerulean comes clanking up.
"Whoa, where'd you get the new duds? Surprised I didn't hear you in all that."
Cloud sighs himself as Cerulean comments on his training being more fun.
"I'd trade ya in a heartbeat. Sleeping sounds real great right about now."

 No.691755

>>691750
Time starts to blur as you slam back booze upon booze.

>>691751
"That's all I have to teach you. The rest, it's better for you to learn yourself. Now, go on and set sail, I know you're busy people and don't like to stay tied down to any particular place."

>>691751
>>691752
"Good to see you again, Cerulean," Brewhaha says. "I find Cangrejo's methods to be too old-fashioned and free-form. He was a real hippie a few decades ago, and he was trained in the older, shamanic style. You know, the kind that scarfs down mushrooms for divine insight. However, on this ocean, you'll find no end of fights; I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunity to learn your abilities naturally."

Chiu sneaks out from behind the tree and joins you. Meanwhile, Brewhaha starts walking back to the shore. You figure that most of the crew's gathered back at the ship by now.

>>691753
Prisma un-fluffs her feathers, shrinking to her normal size. Drawing closer to you, she inspects you for food.

You hear the sombrero-wearing minotaur's voice: "Oh, that's her way of showing she likes you." Yet, you cannot find its source. Eventually, you notice him clinging to the helm of the ship. "She prefers corn and bugs. Got any?"

 No.691756

>>691755
"That's all? Alright, I'll keep in mind what you said. Maybe try to pick up meditating or something."
Cloud remarks.
"Yea, unfortunately very busy. Maybe we'll stop back by for your next festival when it's not getting raided."


>>691755
As Chiu rejoins them, Cloud steps to her side.
"Get any good notes?"

 No.691757

>>691755
"Hrm…" the griffon searches himself over, before looking around him "I… do not believe I do, no. But, we can fix that!" he says to Prisma, before chirping happily "We could check the ship! I am certain they have plenty of corn!" he offers, keeping his eyes peeled for any bugs nearby
>Quick search for any grubs 'r bugs [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.691758

>>691748

"Excellent," Cutlass says as she claps her hooves. "We have a plan. Once you find our way, we'll get going. In the mean time," she turns to her small horde. "I want you all to try to gather anyone else if you can. The more we already have, the better we'll look. Be sure to let people know we have weapons too."

 No.691759

>>691754
>>691755
"In town. It was all clinky and clanky before, but I took a swim and now everything fits way better."
She gives a thoughtful hum.
"Well, if we get lessons again, if the same stuff happens, let's try to find each other to switch. All that stuff and about and other self or whatever is way too deep for me."

Cerulean can't help but laugh a bit at Brewhaha talking about Cangrejo.
"Yeah, he kinda reminds me of a big, old hermit crab."
She then looks back to Cloud.
"Oh yeah, I met this crew of other ponies in town that were talking about an alliance or something like that. They seem nice; they showed me how to fish with a big stick, then we had some freshly cooked fish for lunch, and they even breath underwater and have a huuuge manta ray that carries them around like a ship! Cool, right?!"

 No.691760

>>691755
>Just slamming down them booze

 No.691761

>>691758
With a nod, your forces disperse; while the ragged pirates try to fan out and encourage the desperate folk waiting their turn to cross the Heatwave, Sparkler and Ossie scout the immediate area, taking note of guards, both the uniformed ones and plainclothes guards and spies.

Eventually, Droplet shimmies back down the side of the building. "I found it… but it's in one of the guard towers. Looks like it'll be fun to get through. Trot along now," he says, before leading the way northwest through the filthy streets.

 No.691762

>>691761

"I know you're only kidding, but I don't trot," Cutlass says defensively. She follows Droplet.

"Did you see how many guards there were?"

 No.691763

>>691759
"I'll gladly take that offer. I'll take trying to be deep over nearly becoming a bat-kebab any day."

"There's a ship that sails around on a mantra ray? Why don't we get that, wouldn't have to worry about getting sunk again like last time."
Cloud says, intrigued by the idea.

 No.691764

>>691756
"I tried to, but considering I couldn't perceive any of the special effects you people were using, eventually I just started sketching bugs."

You see some bug drawings in the notepad; none are particularly good.

>>691757
After checking behind some of the food storage barrels, you find an alarming array of bugs that have taken up residence in the dark crevices of the ship. They attempt to scatter, but Prisma plucks them up with rapid pecks, and shortly purges that dark corner of the ship of bugs.

>>691762
"It's difficult to keep a good count, but I'd estimate about 10 to 15. There seem to be multiple alternating patrol routes, and they use multiple redundant verification systems to keep track of which one has gone where. I'm not as good as Colobok as disguises, but I think I can cobble something together for the both of us. We'll need to pinch the combs they use for verification ourselves. Alternatively, if you'd be willing to be a bit tied up, I could take you in as a prisoner. Might work, but I have no idea if they'd let me pass with you."

>>691759
"Ah, those are the Bottom Feeders," Brewhaha says. "They're well-liked around here, they always bring treasure up from the ocean floor. Stay in touch with them; I'll bet they'll find quite a bit of useful things for you on the journey."

>paused

 No.692216

>>691764
Post sheets

 No.692217


 No.692218


 No.692219


 No.692220


 No.692221


 No.692222

File: 1516243593639.jpg (76.96 KB, 744x464, Launching A Shark Missile.jpg)


 No.692223

Last time on PQ…

Cerulean and Cloud returned to the ship after Cloud's brief, tumultuous and lecture-filled training, the outcome of which was the unlocking of his ability to use Aura freely, as the others could.

Meanwhile, Alder and Rin purchased the giant, peacock-colored chicken from her former captain, and Alder named her Prisma. Now, they would be able to get from island to island with her help. Now, all they would need to navigate to a specific island was to get an object relating to the island and show it to Prisma.

Cerulean continued to work with her assassins to find a way across the Heatwave and incite a revolution against the Bee Queens, though not strictly in that order.

 No.692224

>>692217
"I tried to, but considering I couldn't perceive any of the special effects you people were using, eventually I just started sketching bugs."

You see some bug drawings in the notepad; none are particularly good.

>>692221
After checking behind some of the food storage barrels, you find an alarming array of bugs that have taken up residence in the dark crevices of the ship. They attempt to scatter, but Prisma plucks them up with rapid pecks, and shortly purges that dark corner of the ship of bugs.

>>692218
"It's difficult to keep a good count, but I'd estimate about 10 to 15. There seem to be multiple alternating patrol routes, and they use multiple redundant verification systems to keep track of which one has gone where. I'm not as good as Colobok as disguises, but I think I can cobble something together for the both of us. We'll need to pinch the combs they use for verification ourselves. Alternatively, if you'd be willing to be a bit tied up, I could take you in as a prisoner. Might work, but I have no idea if they'd let me pass with you.

"What do you think, Captain?"

>>692222
"Ah, those are the Bottom Feeders," Brewhaha says. "They're well-liked around here, they always bring treasure up from the ocean floor. Stay in touch with them; I'll bet they'll find quite a bit of useful things for you on the journey."

>>692222
>>692217
You arrive back at the ship. A bell at the ship's stern clangs, and you see various members of the Beesting hustle back to the ship from the portside town.

>>692219
"Ah, there you are, captain," Kling Klang says as you board the ship. "We'll be ready to set sail once–" he glances at Cloud and Cerulean as they draw near the ship from the port. "Oh, there they are. Now we're ready."

 No.692225

>>692224

"Why would I have to be the one tied up?" Cutlass objects in an offended tone.

Then, she shakes her head. "Too dangerous either way. We should try to remain together. Make us some disguises."

 No.692226

>>692224
"Sorry I'm late. Just did some shopping and met this group called the Bottom Feeders. They showed me how to fish with sticks instead of diving after them. Was surprisingly fun! Oh, and they sail around on a giant manta ray! We should do something like that if we can!"

 No.692227

>>692224
"Ah! There we go, Prisma! I suppose that is two roles you can fill on the ship then!" he says, letting out a chirping little laugh as he follows along "So… we will need to find something from another island to help you lead us there, then… perhaps someone on the boat or in town could help?"

 No.692228

>>692224
"Looks like you were a bit distracted," Cloud comments as he looks at the sketches, "Didn't miss much on my end though. I only used my stuff on that tree there."
Cloud gestures at the withered tree.
"But, I think I got the idea on how this stuff works."

>>692224
As they near the ship, Cloud's ears perk as the clanging rings out.
"Sounds like the others are packing up. Wanna grab a bite and chat like you said earlier?"

 No.692229

>>692224
"That's great Kling Klang, lets get this show on the road ASAP ya'hear?"

Steve takes a look around the ship looking for any problems that might cause problems on the way.

"Hey, check this out too."

Steve tries to use his aura to make Kling Klang feel tougher.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.692230

>>692224
>>692227
Rin heads to where Alder is, after having taken several moments to drink heavily. Now reeking of alcohol and holding an accordion, playing it inconsistently as she's too drunk to play it. "Yaaaargh, ahoy Alder… What shay ye about findin' sssshome treashure!" Rin slurs out, stumbling over with one hand slipping away from her accordion. "Did the chickun shay anything yet?"

 No.692231

>>692225
"I was hoping you'd say that," Droplet says with glee. He kneels behind you and touches your shadow. You see him pull it up off of the ground, an inky, amorphous mass, and he starts to stretch, twist and curl it as if he were making a balloon animal.

"I don't have any cool names for my powers like Ossie does," Droplet says. "I'm not too creative."

Soon, he has molded your shadow into the silhouette of a large bee. You notice that the shadow is now much larger than your shadow originally was. Then, he pushes the shadow onto you. A feeling like the fizzling of soda splashes against your skin and inside your stomach, and soon you take on the likeness of a giant bee. You now also wear leather and scale armor with a blue robe underneath, and a conical straw hat - you assume it's the uniform of the guards.

Droplet starts to get to work on his own shadow. "Walk around a bit, get a feel for it. It's going to be awkward at first, and we have to look natural."

>>692227
>>692230
You recall that the Pattern Juggler gave Cerulean a ticket to one of his shows on Kaco Island. Prisma wanders around haughtily; though she is a mere chicken, you get the feeling she thinks she's too good for this ship.

>>692228
"We can eat on the ship," Chiu says as she boards. "I placed an order for delivery."

>>692226
"After everything I saw on the island, it's only a couple right turns from the realm of possibility," Bent Scales says.

>>692229
"So, that's what your ability is?" Kling Klang says. "Neat, that's going to be useful. Fitting for a captain. The rest of us still haven't decided on what to make as part of our abilities yet."

>>692229
>>692227
Kling Klang glances at Prisma as the crew gathers around her expectantly. "Okay, so how do we make the chicken work?" someone asks.

 No.692232

>>692230
"Ah, Miss Rin! Good to see you… g-goodness, are you alright?" he asks, helping steady the dragoness as best he can manage "I-I thinkfinding some treasure would be swell, but you seem rather inebriated… perhaps once you have sobered up? And, no, the chicken has not spoke- but, I know how she works now!"

 No.692233

>>692231
"You and me both chickun… Thish ship is mishin a LOT of shpikesh." Rin grumbles, slumping with an arm around Prisma's neck.

>>692232
"GOOD! TELL HER WHERE TO FIND ME A BETTER FIGHT!" Rin shouts, slumping more into Prisma and dropping to the floor when she moves away. "Yargh… I mish me daysh with Captain Bloodscale…" She groans, before rolling over onto her side and vomiting. "Ugh… How she work ye shay?" Rin says, still showing that she's paying attention somewhat.

 No.692234

>>692231
"They have delivery all the way out here? This island is full of surprises."
Cloud jokes as he boards behind her.

 No.692235

>>692233
"What were your days with Captain Bloodscale like?" he asks, before flicking his tail "Oh! Well, we need something from the island we intend to travel to. She shall point in the right directions! The more unique the item, I believe, the better it works!"

 No.692236

>>692231
>>692232
Cerulean looks excited.
"Oh neat! It'd be like having two of you around! Ya know, cause you're both birds that talk and all."
She then looks to the rest of the crew, taking out the ticket to the free show given to her from before.
"Also, can anyone check to see when this is good 'til? Even though he tried to kill us and sink the ship, I thought his tricks were neat to watch."

 No.692237

>>692231

"Should I be… okay with this?" Cutlass asks as she feels somehow violated from watching her own shadow be mutilated.

Then, she looks down at her new form. "Okay, I'm definitely NOT okay with this," she says with trepidation. "This is weird…" she mutters as she moves around her new body.

[1d10] to acclimate to new body

"Wait…" Cutlass says as a new horrifying realization dawns on her. "Did you… just make me male!? There's no such thing as a female worker bee. Please tell me this is just some sort of visual illusion," she practically begs.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.692238

>>692235
"Bloody… Exciting… Meaningful…" Rin says with a bit of a melancholy tone. "More unique? Didn't shomeone shay there'sh wine from that place? Or shomethin there from that party."

 No.692239

>>692236
Alder giggles a little bit, before giving Cerulean a playful poke "Unfortunately, I can not understand her. If she speaks, it is a language I do not comprehend."
>>692238
"Hrm… right! The ticket! Where is it?" he asks, chirping excitedly

 No.692240

>>692231
"You're all gonna get aura abilities too? Take Bee Holder and see if you can make 'em a useful member of the crew while yer at it then please."

Steve continues to oversee operations of the ship.

 No.692241

>>692239
"You mean this?" She holds out the ticket. "I'd invite you, but I'm not sure if this lets me invite a friend."

 No.692242

>>692241
"Regardless, I am touched. If you ouldn't mind?" he asks, taking the ticket if Cerulean lets him, and holding it up for Prisma to see

 No.692243

>>692239
>>692241
"Show the chicken, quickly! I be wanting to fight shomething big and mean!" Rin shouts after sitting up quickly, wiping the remaining vomit off her mouth with her arm.

 No.692244

>>692242
"Nope, I don't mind."

>>692243
>>692242
Cerulean looks a Rin a moment, then leans over to Alder.
"Uhh…why does she smell like week-old chum left in the sun?"

 No.692245

>>692244
"I believe she is quite inebriated, Miss Cerulean. She may have vomited, as well. I-I should tend to her when I am done here."

 No.692246

>>692237
You stumble about quite ungracefully for several paces, nearly faceplanting a couple times. "It's no illusion - the Shadow is just as much of the mind and body as anything else. It has to be, otherwise all our abilities would have no effect. But rest assured, I didn't model the… you know what parts."

Soon, he disguises himself as a bee. "Alright, let's head into the tower. We still need to get some ID combs."

He leaps off the rooftop, wings buzzing rapidly as he floats to the ground.

>>692240
"Oi, listen, shithead," Kling Klang suddenly sneers. "Watch your words: I still don't give a damn what caused her to relinquish her captain's hat to you, and you're lucky I suppressed the mutiny that was about to pop off once everyone caught word about the change in leader. You might wear the hat for now, but you're no captain."

>>692234
As the ship gets ready to depart, a colt rides up on a bicycle, and delivers two boxes full of steamed vegetables, rice and noodles.

"There we go," Chiu says. "Just like back home!"

>>692241
>>692242
>>692243
>>692240
>>692234
Alder shows Prisma the coupon which the Pattern Juggler gave to Cerulean after their fight (It seems be good until the end of this month: Half-off on up to three tickets to one of his shows, but regrettably, it can't be combined with senior citizen discounts).

Prisma inspects the coupon thoroughly. Soon, she takes it in her beak and heads to the front of the ship, then plops herself down. She noticably turns her head to the northeast, and then squawks loudly.

"I guess that's it?" Scales says. "Alright, everyone! Head that direction!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG6fWatK_k0

The ship departs from the port, and starts to head to the northeast through the waters. As you sail, you notice that Prisma's head continually turns to correct for the tumult of the waves below.

 No.692247

>>692246
"A-Ha! We have our way!" the griffon chirps, before turning to tend to Rin's inebriated state
>Natural Remedy: (Not sure if I need to roll, but just in case) [1d10]
"The direction she points must be the correct way to go!"

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.692248

>>692244
>>692245
"It'sh like ye two have never sheen a drunk pirate before." Rin says with a huff, before pulling out a bottle to drink out of. When she discovers it's empty, she shakes it a bit and peers inside the bottle, sneering in anger and tossing the bottle at the nearby wall.

>>692246
>>692247
With the time it takes to begin setting sail, Rin gets enough time to have Alder help flush her systems more to at least be not as heavily drunk but still fairly tipsy. In this time, she gets back to playing the Accordion as the ship sails to the next destination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_m-D8cUL8w

 No.692249

>>692246
"Nice taste in takeout."
Cloud grabs the boxes, carrying them both for the two of them.

"So, you wanna grab a cabin below deck? Or take up te crow's nest to enjoy the view?"
Cloud suggests for their lunch, letting Chiu decide.

 No.692250

>>692248
"I-I just had not expected you to get so drunk in the short time you were away. Your ability to consume alcohol is astounding, Miss Rin!" he chirps, as he works away with various mixtures and tinctures.

 No.692251

>>692250
"It comes with the territory, Cabin Boy. Ye gotta have an iron liver to be the best pirate… and an alcoholic."

 No.692252

>>692251
"I see!" he says, taking notes diligently as he tucks his alchemy kit away "I am afraid I am not as heavy a drinker, but I hope I can build some manner of resistance!"

 No.692253

File: 1516247856499.gif (499.09 KB, 278x297, Prisma Right Now.gif)

>>692246
Cerulean watches Prisma, utterly fascinated yet again by another mystery of these strange lands.
"Woah, I wonder if Roger could do something like that maybe."
She looks over at him, who is just snoozing on her back at the moment.

>>692248
>>692250
"Don't get too drunk, now. What if you fight something that is immune to drunk dragons?"

 No.692254

>>692246

"I've… never flow before…" she mutters nervously as Droplet does it with ease.

"Well," she gulps. "Here goes nothing," she says as she leaps off the roof as well and prays that her mind is capable of finding the way to move her wings properly.

[1d10] for flying

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.692255

>>692252
"Resistance?! Yar har har! There be only one trick to buildin' a tolerance to being intoxicated! DRINKIN'!"

>>692253
"There be no such thing, a drunk dragon is everything's weakness! Too bad me supplies be limited."

 No.692256

>>692255
"T-Then tonight, I shall try my best!" he chirps, albeit nervously
>>692253
"B-But… not too much! You are correct, miss Cerulean!"

 No.692257

>>692256
"Tonight?" Rin says with a grin. "Well then sounds like ye need to come to me for that tonight. I can show ye how pirates have a real good time, Cabin Boy… with alcohol!"

 No.692258

>>692255
Cerulean gets a bit of a grin.
"I dunno. I mean, there's been all kinds of weird and new and exciting stuff lately that we've never seen before. Like chickens that can lead us to stuff!"

 No.692259

>>692257
"Hmm? Okay then, Miss Rin!" he chirps, smiling happily

 No.692260

>>692246
Steve raises a brow at Klang

"Wheres this new attitude come from, if ah wanted to ah bet ah could have that ole lady at the bottom of the oce-,"
Realizing who he's with,
"Aw shiet ah thought I was talkin' to Etch here, where's he at right now? Sincerest apologies mah sir."

 No.692261

>>692247
>>692248
>>692253
Alder's potion can only do so much to purge the drunkenness from Rin, as she did quite a number on herself in the past hour's worth of drinking.

After some debate and measurements by the ship's navigational and weather teams, you catch word that you're estimated to arrive at the next island tomorrow afternoon, barring any extreme circumstances. You may as well get comfortable, or find diversions to occupy your time.

>>692254
You float down to the ground, somehow finding it far easier to fly than it was to walk, though in your defense, bee legs are quite a bit different than pony legs.

Droplet leads you to a guard's tower nestled between buildings. Beyond the tower is an obtuse wall of energy, made of swirling red and orange hues, like a wall of fire.

Droplet leads the way into the entrance at the base of the tower. In the main hall, you see many giant bees lounging about on couches, while others talk in a buzzing and visual language. Others read books, and some more dutifully appear to be checking their shifts at a poster board on the western wall. On the eastern wall, you see the stairs.

>>692249
"Let's stay up here on the deck, enjoy the breeze a bit, it's too cold in the crow's nest," Chiu says.

"So anyway: What I was going to say earlier was, for as brash as Brewhaha was, she was right. Much of my life, I've been able to coast by on the effort of others. First of all, most of my jobs, including my work with the military, I only got because my parents knew someone who knew other well-connected people. I only got onto the ship because you persuaded me to join you, and for the most part, I've been letting most of the others do the fighting. But it's no way to live, and it's no way to be fulfilled, and that's what Brewhaha was getting at. Instead, I should learn to steal and pillage and plunder like a real pirate on my own effort. Make sense?"

>>692260
"Try it, see what happens," Kling Klang sneers. "The Beesting's prow could do with a new figurehead."

You find Etch on the lower deck, inspecting the weapons in the hold for defects or impurities. He smokes a pipe with strong-smelling tobacco. "Good day, cap'n. To what do I owe this honor?"

 No.692262

>>692261
>>692259
Rin knows her diversion, but will drink again with the Cabin Boy.

 No.692263

>>692261

Cutlass does her best to not look like she's looking at the other guards. She looks to Droplet and gestures her head at the stairs.

She walks casually as she can to the stairs. [1d10] for casual disguise

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.692264

>>692261
"Well, I suppose we have a good day or so of travel ahead of us, then! I doubt it shall be fully smooth sailing, but let us hope it goes well!"
>>692262
Alder will drink as well!

 No.692265

"Etch my favorite deputy, I got a brilliant idea, but I gotta tell ya in secret right?"

Steve has Etch follow him to a darker, more secluded section of the ship.

Whispering, "Now everyone on this ship really likes the former captain, and they ain't too fond uh yours truly.
In fact, they planned a mutiny the 1st day I was in charge.
Here's mah idea, we have the ole captain threaten to harm herself or the crew should mah leadership ever be questioned or overthrown.
Or maybe you build a trap or something like that and she just hops into it, the details are a lil sketchy there but what do you think bud?
Any flaws in this plan y'think? You got any better ideas?"

 No.692266

>>692261
Alright."
Cloud says as he sits with Chiu on deck.

"I get that. When she was training me, I think she was actually trying to kill me. Haven't move like that, well, ever."
Cloud comments.
"Really, even your military work? I can't imagine you coasted on that alone, you are pretty tough."

Cloud chuckles.
"Wanting to get deep into the pirate life, huh?That'll be fun to see."

 No.692267

>>692263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL7_sBRE0T4
As you start to stumble, Droplet closes in on you and subtly props you up, enabling you to walk more steadily and naturally. The two of you wander about, peeking in various rooms, until you eventually find what appears to be a locker room. Various sealed combs, each the size of a pony, are built into the walls, sealed over with wax covers. Only one bee is in the room, reading a book over in the far corner, not paying you much mind. It might be possible to steal an ID comb from this room, if you were careful and knew where to look.

>>692265
Etch appears worried. "Methinks you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Why take such an antagonistic role? 'Tis better to disarm the sentiment that led to the mutinous feelings in the first place, rather than to threaten them - resentment paid in kind will only result in further animosity."

>>692266
"Obviously I did some things on my own, but the big steps– those I only took because I was pushed toward them by others," Chiu says.

>>692262
>>692264
>>692266
>>692265
>Cerulean
>when ready, timeskip is available, specify what you'll be doing during the timeskip

 No.692268

>>692267
>Timeskip Ready! Drinking and talking with Rin

 No.692269

>>692267

Cutlass scans the room quickly. She's been in enough guard rooms to have the gist of them. She quickly, quietly, and casually goes to the most likely spot and grabs two ID combs.

>[1d10] with Master Thief


Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.692270

>>692267
>Timeskip ready
>Cerulean will yawn and take Roger's lead by taking a nap on deck.

 No.692271

>>692267
"Does anypony really get by those big steps alone? I mean I just leeched off everypony until I met you."
Cloud states as he opens up his takeout box.
"Maybe nothing's been a challenge for you. Yea you got help, but you never really needed it."

 No.692272

>>692267
"You know what yer right Etch, this is why yer mah favorite!"
Steve laughs with a big smile
"If'n you need a favor just let yer capitan know understand?"
Steve gives Etch a quick pat on the back before heading back up to talk to Klang or BS or CS, maybe even SS.
As many of them that are available.

"Gather round real quick fellers lets have a lil pow-wow real quick.
Now just why is it that all uh y'all don't like me as much as I like me hm?
What can I do to earn yer respect er
even friendship fer as long as we're together like this?"

 No.692273

>>692267
>Timeskip ready

 No.692274

>>692269
Without attracting any attention, you swipe two of the combs, and set the wax seals back on the lockers you stole them from perfectly. You and Droplet exit the room, combs in hand. "Nice work. Now, let's head back to the checkpoint and see how the troops are doing."

>>692271
"Truuuust me, you're giving me far more credit than I've earned. Unfortunately, I've gotten quite good at pretending I'm more capable than I am."

>>692272
Each of them expresses varying levels of discontentment, some more crude than others, about your sudden rise to the role of captain. Part of it lies in the unsettling certainty with which Bee Holder resigned herself to just being another cabin helper, instead of protesting or even explaining the decision. Much of the crew is superstitious, and immediately suspected mind control or other forms of magic were at play. Though they agreed with you in that there was need for harmony among the crew, it was definitely clear that things wouldn't be well until the old captain was reinstated – or a good justification was given for you to be the captain. The discussion ended without much of a resolution, though the crew appreciated that you heard them out.

>>692268
>>692270
>>692271
>>692273
>>692271
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaOi6ew6BmE

The sun sets on your journey, but just as soon, rises again. Various tasks about the ship occupy your time, and all the while, the next island looms on the horizon.

In short time, the sun rises to about noon, as you approach the island. This one is considerably larger and longer than Semetyer Island, and though a thick jungle surrounds most of the exterior, the lookout spies a stretch of the island, near its middle, with a shipyard, where you could weigh anchor safely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ZhdpV73lY

Yet, as the Beesting draws closer, you notice several smaller ships heading out to meet you. Their masts are black, with a golden bee for a jolly roger. Their crews are composed of beeponies, and you can see them eyeing you suspiciously. Alder and Rin recall the words of the minotaur they spoke with earlier: >>691727

"Patrols… lots of them. Any ideas?" Bent Scales asks.

 No.692275

>>692274

"How will these prove anything, though? What's the plan from here?"

(If this can be explained as they go, then feel free to have the next post involve us leaving.)

 No.692276

>>692274
Rin awakes with a hangover, sitting still for about ten or so minutes before getting up to put her armor back on.

>>692268
"It be mornin' Cabin Boy, get up and get ready to help dock the ship!" Rin shouts at Alder to wake him up.

 No.692277

>>692274
After spotting the oncoming ships, Steve commands the crew,
"DEFENSIVE POSITiONS!"

"Does anyone know anything about these beeships?
How can we get through these guys?"

 No.692278

>>692276
Alder untangles from Rin and shakes his head, coming to with a quiet warble. He scrables up on to all fours and nods, before blushing a little and heading on to the deck "A-Any suggestions on what to do?"

 No.692279

>>692274
"No wonder we fit so well together then."
Cloud jests as Chiu admits.
"I'd offer to train you up like Brewhaha did me, but I think my Aura might be a little more deadly somehow. Hmm," Cloud thinks, stuffing some rice in his mouth in the meantime. "I know, how about we see who the best pirate is on this next island then, maybe a game of it. That should be challenge enough to get your aura kicking."


>>692274
Cloud gets up in the morning, groaning at the light as he never was a morning bat.
"Wha… patrols? Can we avoid a fight for once?"
He says as he rubs the sleep off his eyes as he comes up deck.

 No.692280

>>692278
>>692274
>>692277
Hearing Steve's shout from outside, Rin makes her way towards the deck. "Get ready for a fight, it sounds like." Rin says, looking towards the ships sailing close.

"Yar har har! Seems like the 'toll patrol' is here. I say we sink em to show what we do to tax collectors!"

 No.692281

>>692274
>>692279
Cerulean yawns at all of the commotion going on, rubbing her eyes and looking at the patrol ship.
"Yeah, could we not? Maybe just five more minutes, please?"
She gives another yawn.

 No.692282

>>692280
"Yes ma'am! I shall do my best!" he chirps, gathering up his gear (new bow included) and hurrying to the others!
>>692277
>>692279
"Are we going for a fight, or trying to run past him?"

 No.692283

>>692275
"All we need is to use them to get past the magical signature detector. The other step, I've already taken care of while you were out cold last night."

As you head back into the decrepit slums, Droplet stops and procures a glass jar full of pollen from his bag. "If we walk in with these around our legs, they'll assume we were out gathering it. I saw some guards bypassing the additional security measures like this yesterday, but they still needed the combs. They won't look twice at us."

Soon enough, you regroup with your crew, and find that there's been a slight increase in numbers. Your ragtag group of would-be revolutionaries has grown to 20, though they seem none too confident, and nearly flee as you approach. Yet, Puddin Tame holds up his hand, steadying them.

"Cutlass, right? I've got to say, this look is a considerable step up from before."

>>692281
>>692277
>>692276
>>692280
>>692279
"There's going to be more where these ones came from, and we're already outmatched," Bent Scales says. "Why don't we just send someone out and see what they want?"
"The Queens thank you for your contributions," one of the bees shouts up at the ship, in a thick accent reminiscent of Prench. "These waters are dangerous, and crime at our ports is unfortunately rampant due to the ongoing insurrections. We come selling insurance of safety at the shipyard, and we guarantee customer satisfaction or your money back!"

 No.692284

>>692279
"Depends on how we define 'best pirate,'" Chiu says. "And what sort of game is it?"

 No.692285

>>692283
>>692281
>>692279
>>692277
>>692282
"They not be insurance salesbees… they be just sayin' that because they'll attack us if we don't!" Rin shouts towards the others.

 No.692286

>>692283

"Ha ha," Cutlass says with intense sarcasm.

"We've been successful so far," Cutlass says as she holds up the Honey Comb ID badge. "So let that be a lesson to all of you," she says to the little band of revolutionaries. "You're following some ponies who are definitely capable of dealing with these bees."

[1d10] to BEE inspirational

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.692287

>>692283

Steve leans over the edge of the ship,
"Fer how much?"

>>692285
"We're still outnumbered and it sounds like dey own the port,
what choice we got?"

 No.692288

>>692287
"YOU got the choice to pay em, I ain't helpin' pay for it!"

 No.692289

>>692284
"You said you wanted to pillage, plunder, and loot. So why not who does the most of that? We'll stick together to keep an eye on each other's gains and make sure it was actually 'pirate-worthy' to get, and the winner takes all."
Cloud suggests.
"Unless you want to make it a bet for something else."


>>692283
Cloud looks down at the shouting beepony with a strange look.
"Whoa, and I thought walking skeletons were weird."

"Hey! Do we get a discount for already being bee themed?!"
Cloud shouts back, trying to get a deal given the work Bee Holder put in.

 No.692290

>>692285
>>692288
"I believe it is worth a chance! But- we should be wary nonetheless." he says, before scratching his neck "I am glad you got your captain's coat fixed. IT fits you rather well, I would say."

 No.692291

>>692290
"Of course it fits me! I had it specially requested." Rin says, flourishing her jacket with spikes on the shoulders and elbows, a dragon's skull and crossbones imprinted on the back of the jacket. Buttons made of bits as well.

 No.692292

>>692283
Cerulean just sits back and listens, not too sure what is going on with these bee patrols, but at least they aren't picking a fight…for now.

 No.692293

>>692289
"I wasn't being seri– oh, screw it, this sounds fun. Okay, you're in. But, not only does the winner take all, the loser takes on the winner's chores for the ship for the week. Actually, why don't we get the others involved in this too? I think they'd have fun with it."

>>692292
>>692285
>>692287
>>692289
>>692290
"7,000 for the week!" the beepony shouts back up. Yet, hearing the commotion, Bee Holder comes out onto the deck, and then shouts something down at him in a strange buzzing language, accompanying her words with a set of wild, expressive gestures.

She and the insurance salesbee have a back-and-forth for a while. Finally, the salesbee says, "Okay, we'll make it 400 for the week! How does that sound?"

>>692286
Nobody seems to react to your declaration. It seems, however unlikely, that they may have been expecting something a little more bombastic, or at least a corny pun.
"Uh… moving on," Sparkler says. "Have you decided on what we ought to do? Or are you going to infiltrate the checkpoint with what you've gathered?"

 No.692294

>>692293
"Well I'm not paying!" Rin says, refusing to offer her gold.

 No.692295

>>692293
"Done! Thank ya fer yer service Bee boss!"

 No.692296

>>692293
"Knew our bee theme would help. Alright somepony else chip in for that."

>>692293
"Heh, now we're talking. Alright, I'll take that bet."
Cloud says with a smirk.
"Even better, we can offload both our chores on a chump."

>>692293
>>692287
>>692291
>>692290
>>692292
>>692292
"Hey guys, we got a game for you. Any of you interested in a little bet?"
Cloud asks the others, gesturing away from the ship side.

 No.692297

>>692296
"Now a bet be different, what idea do ye have Cloud?"

 No.692298

>>692293

"Yes, considering our success, Droplet and I should be able to handle it just fine. We just wanted to let you all know things are going well. We'll be back again soon. Until then, everyone BEE on the lookout for new recruits," she says, making a poor attempt at humor.

[1d10] to give the people what they want!

"Oh, and Droplet," Cutlass says to Droplet as she turns to leave. "Give him bunny ears, will you?" she asks, pointing to Puddin.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.692299

>>692293
Cerulean goes digging around in her pouch, looking at what bit of gold she still has left.
"I've got 80 gold coins on me. Is that enough to chip in?"

>>692296
"A game? What kind?"

 No.692300

>>692295
Steve counts his gold and comes up with an even 200g

"Uh, I'm short guys"

>>692296
"I could use some money"

 No.692301

>>692293
"S-Seven thousand? Far too steep!" he says, before waiting for Bee Holder to try dealing.
>>692296
>>692295
>>692297
>>692298
>>692299
"Four hundred sounds more doable, but… what is the bet, Mister Cloud Shear?"

 No.692302

>>692300
>>692299
>>692297
>>692301
"A little challenge to see who's the best pirate. At this next island, we gather up loot as a pirate does, and then whoever has the most wins it all. And whoever had the least does everypony else's ship chores for a week."

 No.692303

>>692302
"Yar har har! That be easy, everyone knows I be the best pirate!" She chortles, before turning quickly to the rest of the crew. "ISN'T THAT RIGHT?!" She shouts, trying to convince them with her scary good looks.

>Intimidation: Prove to the crew who best pirate is

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 10 + 3 = 13

 No.692304

>>692302
"Done! These Bees won't know what hit em!"

 No.692305

>>692302
"I… hrm. I am not so sure about that." he says, mulling it over
>>692303
"G-Goodness!" he chirps, shying away slightly. He puffs his cheeks out a bit, remembering the talk he and Rin had last night. "I-I will take the bet, as well!"

 No.692306

>>692298
Their disappointment is so palpable that, somehow, morale drops even lower than it was before. Before you leave, Droplet manipulates the shadow of a very bewildered Puddin, and sets a pair of bunny ears atop his head.

You head toward the checkpoint: An imposing stone structure, made from a re-purposed castle gate, complete with portcullis, which now blocks off the path which leads to the Heatwave. Only one pony, a stout looking fighter, stands at the checkpoint, while a team of bees inspects him. The guards don't react to your approach, apparently finding nothing off about you.

>>692303
The crew responds with nervous affirmation.

>>692295
>>692296
>>692294
>>692299
>>692300
>>692301
There's enough people aboard the Beesting willing to pay (and who also haven't spent all their money, that is) that you are able to reach the payment threshold by contributing only 25 Bits each. After a crew member flies down to deliver the payment, the smaller ships escort you to the port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a8ANDoOv4M

As your ship pulls into port, you are immediately struck by the sheer wreckage of the town before you. It can be described, at best, as a slum, overflowing with trash and cramped shanties, clumped around larger stone buildings which are themselves in disrepair. On the south side of town, you see that the city is bisected by a massive barrier of energy, glowing red and yellow and purple, like a fiery aurora. Though there are many ships in port, most seem to be military instead of merchant or travel, and you see very few people around. Those few who are in town appear to be vagabonds and rogues, sharp of eye and blade.

 No.692307

>>692306
"On second thought," looking around at all the filth,
"are y'all sure you wanna raid this trash heap?"

 No.692308

>>692306
As Rin walks through the town with the crew, keeping a sharp eye out for something valuable to steal. This time she's going to see how effective her hidden power is in snatching things quietly.

>Perception: Search for something valuable to steal

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.692309

>>692303
"Easy, watch the volume!"
Cloud protests as he covers his ears from the close shout.
"Just remember to keep the pillaging to the island."

>>692304
"You better hope so, haven't seen ya do to much lately."

>>692305
"That's the spirit."
Cloud encourages as Alder quickly changes his mind.

 No.692310

>>692306
Cloud tosses in his 25 bit share for the insurance, given it'd be helpful for if they need to quickly run out.

As Cloud steps off the pier, he looks at the run down town with dread.
"This… I don't think the bet was a good idea for here. Gonna be fighting for scraps."
Cloud turns to Chiu.
"Hey, aside the bet, did you hear anypony else saying why we came here?"

 No.692311

>>692306
Cerulean takes a gander around at the poor state this place seems to be in, giving a hum in thought as she hands over her share of the 25 gold.
"You know, this sort of reminds me of looking around sunken ships. Ya know, with the whole falling apart thing and all?"

>>692310
"Well…wanna save the bet for the next place?"
She looks back at everything with a raised brow.
"I get the feeling I should be watching myself more than other things, ya know?"

 No.692312

>>692311
"Nah, when you start a bet that bet doesn't change. If anything this makes it more fun."

 No.692313

>>692306
"Uhm… would someone mind covering my share? I payed the last of my gold for the acompass." he says, sheepishly poking his talons together

Alder winces a little bit as he takes in the wreck of a town, before sighing. He keeps his eyes peeled for a sign of anywhere that might look like it has a stash of treasure, before looking back to Steve
>Master Thief: [1d10]
>>692307
"Hrm… good point. there may be little of value in this town."

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.692314

>>692306

Cutlass walks up to the outpost and stands to the side, facing the pony being inspected. She hopes that she gives off the impression of merely waiting while also looking as if she's making sure everything goes well.

[1d10] for no questions asked

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.692315

>>692310
"Supposedly, the Crimson King is involved with this island… something about a wedding cake."

>>692307
>>692308
>>692310
>>692311
>>692313
From the looks of the town, you sense that this has been the sight of recent fighting. Indeed, the heavy, lingering stench of gunpowder gives credence to this idea. "This can't be the only town on this island," Cane Shuga says. "This island looked far larger, especially to the north, so don't lose hope in the bet just yet."

As you look through the town, nothing stands out to you as being particularly valuable. Indeed, the boarded up windows, raided shops and general lack of people seem to suggest that this town is more or less abandoned. Hives full of bees dot the underside of roofs, and their swarming around the nests creates a slow, ominous drone. Each time you get near them, an inevitability due to the tightness of the streets, it almost sounds like they're whispering, gossiping to one another.

>>692314
Eventually, the bees stand aside, and signal to someone up in a tower adjacent to the gate. The portcullis rises, and the pony steps toward the Heatwave, immediately beginning to sweat as he approaches its intense heat. One of the bees taps the center of the Heatwave with a baton-like staff, causing it to ripple and open in a circle, allowing the pony to pass. It's open long enough for you to enter as well, if so desired.

 No.692316

>>692315
Rin continues to glance around, keeping her eye out as she doesn't want to lose this bet.

>Perception: Still lookin about

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.692317

>>692315
"So are we going to stop it, or what? I know those demon's where fetching stuff for him, but are we getting involved?"

>>692315
As they walk through town, Cloud gives wary looks at all the beeponies. Them swarming all over this ruin o a town just doesn't sit right with him. As he hears them whispering, his ears perk as he tries to listen in to the gossip with his bat hearing.
>Echolocation (Roll if needed) [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.692318

>>692315
Alder frowns a little bit, and keeps his eyes and ears open. Maybe he can catch a bit of what the bees are saying?
>Perception? [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.692319

>>692315
Cerulean makes sure to keep Roger floating close to her as they walk around. She keeps a careful eye out for any suspicious ponies/things that may be lurking about, feeling on edge like she's walking around an eels' den.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.692320

>>692315

Cutlass gestures for Droplet to follow her through the gate. And through they go.

[1d10] for nonchalance

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.692321

>>692315
"I guess we'll just keep truckin onward!"
Steve says in an attempt to mislead the group as he searches for hidden cellars or other containers in the trash

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.692322

>>692317
>>692318
>>692316
>>692321
>>692319
In an overturned trash can, HHS finds a nice marble bust of a pony. Could be worth a pretty penny, or serve as a makeshift bludgeon.

Your attention is caught by the obsessive whispering – the bees whisper to one another in overlapping languages and dialects, most of which you don't recognize at all, and yet their conversation continues unabated, apparently driven by a central thread of logic exclusive to them. Yet, you are able to pick up a few words here and there. "Another, another, another one, another gift, gift for the wedding, here it comes, here he comes, another, get him, get him, so sweet, let's see it, let's see him inside-out."

From up ahead, you hear a gate slide open, and see a very nervous pony step forward, clutching a set of documents. Upon seeing the ships at the shore, he gasps and breaks into a run…

>>692320
As you walk through the gate, it closes behind you. The city on this side is in just as poor a state of repair as the southern half, The pony immediately starts to panic, upon seeing you follow him, and clutches a set of papers, appearing to be a passport. As he gazes westward, he spies a set of military ships, and with a gasp, breaks into a run toward them…

>>692321
>>692320
>>692319
>>692318
>>692317
>>692316
"Here, here, here, here!"
The bees' whispering whips into a frenzy as the pony sprints down the street.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqIRY4BVziY

As the pony runs, swarms of bees envelop him, fixating around his neck and the joints of his limbs. He doesn't even have time to scream as the stingers fly into him. You see his body surround with purple aura, but it's very quickly drained away from his body, absorbed into the bodies of the bees. And, just as quickly and as horrifically, his body shrivels and twists up along with it. Even the very bones appear to shrink, as he twists into a wrinkly mess of flesh in the blink of an eye.

And just as quickly as they attacked him, the bees float off into the sky, leaving behind his twisted remnants.

 No.692323

>paused

 No.692499

Post sheets

 No.692500


 No.692501


 No.692502


 No.692503

File: 1516847356187.webm (1.59 MB, 1280x720, Cerulean Has Had Enough O….webm)


 No.692504

>>692500
>>692501
>>692502
>>692503
Last time on PQ…

After departing from Semetyer Island, the crew of the Beesting arrived on Kaco Island after only a mere day of travel, thanks to the navigational power of Prisma, their new Accompass and resident giant chicken. Upon arriving in the port town of Potnia (with the assurance from local guards that their ship would be protected), they found that the town was deserted and wrecked.

Cutlass and Droplet, disguised with Droplet's power as giant bee guards, were able to sneak past the checkpoint along with one of the downtrodden residents of Potnia. In order to inspire a rebellion among those still remaining in the ransacked, despairing city, they would have to find proof that salvation did not lay beyond the checkpoint's gate, from the mercy of the Bee Queens.

 No.692505

>>692501
>>692500
>>692503
Your attention is caught by the obsessive whispering – the bees whisper to one another in overlapping languages and dialects, most of which you don't recognize at all, and yet their conversation continues unabated, apparently driven by a central thread of logic exclusive to them. Yet, you are able to pick up a few words here and there. "Another, another, another one, another gift, gift for the wedding, here it comes, here he comes, another, get him, get him, so sweet, let's see it, let's see him inside-out."

From up ahead, you hear a gate slide open, and see a very nervous pony step forward, clutching a set of documents. Upon seeing the ships at the shore, he gasps and breaks into a run…

>>692502
As you walk through the gate, it closes behind you. The city on this side is in just as poor a state of repair as the southern half, The pony immediately starts to panic, upon seeing you follow him, and clutches a set of papers, appearing to be a passport. As he gazes westward, he spies a set of military ships, and with a gasp, breaks into a run toward them…

>>692503
>>692501
>>692500
>>692502
"Here, here, here, here!"
The bees' whispering whips into a frenzy as the pony sprints down the street.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqIRY4BVziY

As the pony runs, swarms of bees envelop him, fixating around his neck and the joints of his limbs. He doesn't even have time to scream as the stingers fly into him. You see his body surround with purple aura, but it's very quickly drained away from his body, absorbed into the bodies of the bees. And, just as quickly and as horrifically, his body shrivels and twists up along with it. Even the very bones appear to shrink, as he twists into a wrinkly mess of flesh in the blink of an eye.

And just as quickly as they attacked him, the bees float off into the sky, leaving behind his twisted remnants.

 No.692506

>>692505
Cloud grows nervous as he hears the whispers of the beeponies, dread rising as they step further from their ship.

As the pony comes running towards them, and is assaulted by the bees and left as a husk, Cloud freezes up.
"H-Hey, we got an extended insurance, r-right?"
Cloud asks the rest of the crew.

 No.692507

>>692504
>>692505

"Oh good," Cutlass says quietly in a light-hearted tone as the pony is brutally murdered. "This is going to be WAY easier than I thought."

As the bees fly away, she walks casually up to the corpse and starts inspecting it. "Now, we just need some proof that this is the pony who just left that people will recognize…"

[1d10] to find something that others from town might be able to identify

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.692508

>>692505
Cerulean blinks at the husk, then at the sky the bees left, then back at the husk and starts walking backwards towards the ship.
"Uhh…we can just find another island with what we're looking for, right?"

 No.692509

>>692507

A reminder to everyone else: Cutlass and Droplet are currently disguised as bees. So, as far as anyone else sees, there's two more bees picking over the corpse.

 No.692510

>>692508
>>692506
"I agree. I am not sure of how to deal with this…" he says, rubbing at his neck awkwardly.

 No.692511

I should have established this more clearly earlier, but the bees on this island are slightly larger than the average bee. They're about 3 inches long. Cutlass and Droplet are also wearing blue robes, armor and conical straw hats. And they are bees.

 No.692512

Correction

The bee guards, which Droplet and Cutlass are disguised as, are 4-5 feet tall. The ordinary bees are only 3 inches long.

 No.692513

>>692507
After picking over the corpse, you find a plain grey headband and some hoofwraps nearby, having fallen off of the corpse after it was drained of all aura. Nothing too distinct though.

As you poke over it, you see familiar faces approaching: It's Alder, Cerulean, Cloud and the rest of the crew of the Besting, looking on in shock and horror. Droplet raises his feeler to them. "Oh, hello. Don't mind us," he says in a buzzy voice. "We'll just be taking this."

>>692506
>>692508
>>692510
"I feel like we've gotten off at the wrong town," Cane Shuga says apprehensively.
The rest of the crew looks to the beehives with trepidation, and many echo your concerns.
"Well, hold on now," Bent Scales interjects. "We passed by some of the beehives earlier, but we weren't attacked. Why do you think that was?"
"Who cares? And hold on – what are those two bees doing to that corpse!?" Kling Klang shouts.

He points at the pile of flesh which was once a pony but now resembles a giant, punctured raisin. You see two gigantic bees, both between 4 and 5 feet tall, are poring over it. They're wearing blue robes and conical straw hats, and have pollen over their legs.

One of them glances up at you and raises its leg in greeting. "Oh, hello. Don't mind us," it says in a buzzy voice. "We'll just be taking this."

Suddenly, as if in response, one of the nearby hanging beehives grows louder with an intense stirring.

 No.692514

>>692513
"Oh no, they have giant ones!" Cerulean yells in a fit of panic, causing Roger to float around in a similar, panicked way.
"Okay, I don't care if the coupon is good or not, I do NOT want to look like a skinny sea cucumber!"

 No.692515

>>692513
>>692510
>>692508
>>692506

At first, Cutlass panics when Droplet starts talking to someone. She quickly bolts up and turns to look at whoever is approaching.

Then, she stares in disbelief at who it is she is looking at. For a moment, she's dumbfounded, she never actually expected to see them again.

Then, she begins to grin as the gears in her mind begin to work. "You guys have no idea how much trouble you're in, do you?"

 No.692516

>>692515
"T-That is alright, we will not ob-… Miss Cutlass?" the griffon asks, too dumbfounded and surprised to do much else "I-I can not believe i- Trouble? What do you mean?"

 No.692517

>>692515
"Please don't tell me we gotta fight. After eating a jellyfish once, I don't wanna get my stomach stung again…."

 No.692518

>>692516

"I-wh-how?" Cutlass stutters. "Yes, it IS me. I can barely believe that…"

Cutlass shakes her head. "Anyway, this place is absolutely awful. How did you get here?"

Cutlass points to the wall of heat and aura behind her. "Those are all over the place. They'll absolutely disintegrate anyone who tries pass through. They call them heatwaves. And, I have no idea how you've gotten this far without knowing the level of complete -pardon the language- shit you're in."

>>692517

"Not me," Cutlass says, backing away from Cerulean a little bit. "Alder has the right of it. It's me, Cutlass. I'm in disguise."

 No.692519

>>692518
"W-We just arrived. We have not heard of these… heat waves. What should we do?" he asks, looking around nervously
>>692517
"Miss Cerulean, why would you eat a jellyfish?"

 No.692520

>>692513
"Yea, let's get our business done with fast and get out of here. I don't wanna end up like that guy."
Cloud responds to all the crews concerns.

"Like you said, who cares. We gotta worry about ourselves here."
He says to Kling Klang

As the hives stir, Cloud whispers to Chiu.
"Hey maybe they had the right idea earlier, let's put that bet off for now."


>>692515
"We paid our insurance, we're not in any trouble."
Cloud says defensively to the large bee.

 No.692521

>>692514
The giant bee looks at its own foreleg, then laughs. "Oh! Oh, no, no no, sorry, sorry, I don't normally look like this. I'm a pony, but I've turned my own shadow into a puppet so I can meld with it and transform my physical body into this gigantic bee. Same with Captain Cutlass."

He seems to relish the oddity of his actions, assuming what he said is true.

>>692520
"You wimp," Chiu says. "This island looked way huger than the last one. This can't be the only town to raid."

>>692515
>>692516
>>692518
>>692514
>>692520
"Cutlass?" Bee Holder asks, stepping forward. "Wasn't she the one we lost to the Gates of Justice? Alder, get your eyes checked, that's no pony!"
"The voice sounds… well, somewhat familiar," Sickly Sweet says. "I never spoke to her much though."
"Those are definitely her mannerisms," Bee Holder says. "I know that for sure. What do you mean by trouble? Apart from… well, the obvious." She gestures around at the destroyed town and the corpse before them.

 No.692522

>>692520
You note that, as the party starts to calm down after the conversation begins, the bees stop stirring as well, and go back to their gossip, which, as unsettling as it may sound, doesn't seem targeted at you.

 No.692523

>>692519
"I was young and reckless…and curious. Mostly curious."

>>692518
>>692521
Cerulean looks at this giant bee with an odd look, as if her brain was trying to call the memory provider and was stuck with the automated messages. Eventually, it clicked.
"Oh? Oh. Ohhhh!"
She suddenly beams.
"OH! You're alive!"
Cerulean rushes over, giving Cutlass a big, tight hug.
"I don't really know what happened and stuff, but you're back!"

 No.692524

>>692519
>>692521

"First of all, have any of you been stung? If so, you're trapped. They have your aura, a part of you. You'll die eventually. This whole island is a game set up by three Bee Queens. They hunt ponies for sport. I'm trying to round up as many ponies as I can to lead a revolution against them."

"Second, yes it's me. My companion here," Cutlass points to Droplet, speaking in a lower voice. "Disguised us as bee guards. I'd appreciate it if you didn't blow our cover."

[1d10] to pay attention to the bees and that they aren't paying too much attention to them

>>692520

Cutlass rolls her eyes. "You never were very bright, were you?"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.692525

>>692521

"Also, yes," she says caustically. "I DID lose to the Gates of Justice. Thanks for the save, by the way."

>>692523

Cutlass immediately pushes Cerulean (potentially painfully) away from here. "D-don't blow my cover," she says. Though, her blushing face suggests that's not her only reason.

 No.692526

>>692521
>>692524
"R-Right. Apologies." the griffon remarks, before humming "I… have not been stung, no. So, that is what we saw going on, then? How horrifying.
>>692523
"A-Ack! Miss Cerulean, please!" he chirps quietly, tugging at her tail furily as she bounds over "W-We do not want to blow her cover!"

 No.692527

>>692526

"Well, this was more the 'hunt' part," Cutlass says, pointing to the corpse. "I assume he was already stung at one point."

 No.692528

>>692521
"Hey, I'm not a wimp. I'm just saying, maybe we should be a little safe with all these vampire bees around."

>>692524
"I just met you, you can't make any claim on that."
Cloud responds to the guard.

>>692521
>>692524
"Wait, Cutlass?"
Cloud questions after everypony else greets her.
"Wow, time's been hard on ya. What happened, you just disappeared at somepoint."

 No.692529

>>692526
>>692528
>>692524
>>692523
"None of us have been stung yet," Kling Klang says. "But, thanks for the tip. We'll be going n–"
"A revolution?" Bee Holder asks, suddenly aghast. "How much has changed since I've been gone?" She steels her gaze, and glares at Cutlass. "These Queens… what are their names?"

"Speaking of names, I am Droplet of the Gates of Justice," the bee guard accompanying Cutlass says. "Pleased to meet you."
The Beesting's crew recoils when he introduces himself, grabbing for their weapons.
"Oh, come on. If I was hunting you, you wouldn't have time to grab those weapons. I'm only after the Bee Queens, as well as big-name pirate crews. You're not even a blip on the radar. It's for that reason I suggest we work together on Cutlass' plan."

 No.692530

>>692528
"That's fair, but a revolution sounds like it'd be ample grounds for a raid. We can't risk nothing and expect to gain everything."

 No.692531

>>692525
Cerulean is shoved back, though doesn't seem too harmed.
"Aww, alright. We'll hug later."

>>692526
She looks curiously behind her as her tail is tugged.
"Oh right, sorry. Though I can't help it. She's like a little hermit crab that hides when you try and be nice, but when it peeks out slightly, you can juuuust see how happy they are that you care."

>>692529
"Well, we came here thanks to a chicken leading us by going off of this," she says, producing the coupon for the magic show tickets.

Cerulean looks over at Bee Holder, sort of confused by her reaction.
"Huh? Wait, why do you seem so worried? I thought this was your first time here, like us?"

 No.692532

>>692528

"You- you're even more dense than I thought," Cutlass says, dumbfounded. "I 'disappeared' because YOU didn't save me!"

>>692529

Cutlass looks to Droplet with a sort of stiff, awkward expression that one has when someone says something they really wish wasn't said. "I THOUGHT I told you to avoid talking about the Gates of Justice… If not, I'm saying it now. I don't need that on my reputation."

She then looks to Bee Holder. "You know, I was wondering about that. Seemed a bit odd that I should end up around two bee-themed groups so close after each other. What connection do you have with this place? The queen names are simply ridiculous. There's something like… Carromarrow and another one that's like Herscar or something. Just idiotic. The third one I don't think I've heard."

>>692529
>>692528
>>692526
>>692523

"Also, let's get this out of the way now. It's CAPTAIN Cutlass!"

 No.692533

>>692532
>>692529
"Wait…what?"
Cerulean tilted her head at Cutlass.
"So…how many captains do we have now? I mean, she's a captain," she points at Bee Holder, "he's a captain," she then points at Steve, "and now you're a captain?"

"…so who in the abyssal zone do I listen to?!"

 No.692534

>>692531
"Fair enough, miss Cerulean." he says, before offering a nervous giggle "It seems we are sage, for now."
>>692532
"W-We intended to, but rescue was… difficult. We were not capable of making much progress… I apologize for not trying harder. And… very well, Captain. What are you the Captain of?"

 No.692535

>>692531
>>692533

"I'm not YOUR captain," Cutlass says indignantly. "I have my own, better crew now."

"Wait, was that Hermit crab analogy about ME?" Cutlass says, blushing and sounding insulted.

>>692534

Cutlass opens her mouth, but then says nothing. She thinks for a moment. "You know, it's been so chaotic, I haven't come up with a name yet."

 No.692536

>>692529
"You're from here?"
Cloud questions as Bee Holder mentions how she's been gone.
"That explains the whole bee theme-ing."

>>692530
Cloud ponders the thought, looking between the drained pony and Chiu.
"Ok ok, we're still on. Though this calls for more than just chores for the loser now if we're dealing with a revolution."

>>692532
"I didn't even know you needed saving. Looks like you turned out fine for the most part, so it doesn't matter too much."

>>692532
"Captain? Like you claimed when we first met?"
Cloud scoffs.
"Guess you still got your delusions."

 No.692537

>>692535
"I… see. Hectic indeed, from what you have described."

 No.692538

>>692535
"Well, yeah, since, ya know, you always seemed like you were hiding in your own little shell around us…if the shell was a sea urchin with a bunch of pointy bits that also hurt your stomach when eaten."

 No.692539

>>692536
>>692529

"I DO have a crew," Cutlass says, stomping her hoof like a child. "And, they're all MUCH cooler than you! Droplet, tell him!"

 No.692540

>>692538

"I am a pirate," Cutlass says, unamused. "My personality SHOULD be… prickly."

 No.692541

>>692539
"Well, that is a shame. I had hoped that, were we to find you again, that you would re-join us."

 No.692542

>>692539
"Where are they then?"
Cloud asks given that Cutlass is here with only one other bee.
"Did you get abanoned again?"

 No.692543

>>692541

"Well, you're always welcome to join the better crew," Cutlass says proudly.

 No.692544

>>692542

"I-I don't- I didn't-" Cutlass says before groaning angrily.

"My crew is not here because that would just bring more attention to me!"

 No.692545

>>692540
"To be honest, it's more cute to me than anything. Though I think that's more because a lot of stuff is smaller than me, and small stuff is cute."

 No.692546

>>692536
>>692531
>>692532
"No, this is my first time back in a long time, but I come from the town of Eleusi, on the northeastern side, or 'tail,' of the island," Bee Holder says. "And I don't recognize any of those ridiculous names. Guess it was too much to hope for a continuous royal family line."

"And if you're asking if I'll betray you, I don't plan on it," Bee Holder adds to Cutlass. "We came here to loot, pillage and fuck with the plans of the Crimson King, in roughly that order. Cutlass recalls that Magoja mentioned the Crimson King's involvement in the Queens' cruel games and reconquista of the island.

>>692544
Droplet laughs sheepishly. "Sorry, sorry, but ever since I got my job at the Gates, I always love namedropping them in my introductions to see how badly people piss themselves in fear. Hahaha! It's cost me my cover a few times. That's why Colobok is the best of us. He's more subtle than I."

>>692534
>>692535
>>692536
>>692533
"We listen to whoever's got the most sensible ideas," Bent Scales says. "And to me, it sounds pretty sensible to stick our noses into this mess of bullshit. We know the King's involved in this island, at least his cronies are. And we want treasure. All in favor of joining this revolution?"

 No.692547

>>692544
"And walking around as a giant bee won't bring attention when you're talking to a group of ponies?"

>>692546
Cloud groans as the rest of the crew is into the revolution.
"I'm in, but don't count on me sticking around if we get swarmed by bees."

 No.692548

>>692546
in roughly that order."*

Meant to put a " there. That's where Bee Holder's dialogue ends and the narration begins.

 No.692549

>>692546
Cerulean gives a few smacks of her tail, suddenly looking ready and pumped up.
"Shell yeah! If it's to mess with that Crimson King jerk, then let's make it look like a maelstrom hit this place…again. Or really, wherever we're going."
She fumbles with her thoughts a bit before speaking again.
"Augh, let's just go break stuff!"

 No.692550

>>692546
"I am in favor of revolution, yes!"
>>692549
"Break stuff? Would that be the best way to go about it, then?"

 No.692551

>>692550
"It's what I know how to do best," she says with a big grins, "Well, that and eating."

 No.692552

>>692551
"I suppose I cannot disagree with that!"

 No.692553

>>692545

"I-I am NOT cute," Cutlass says, blushing. "Idiot."

>>692546

"That's what I was hoping to hear," Cutlass says with a grin. "I've been told that the Crimson King has a direct investment in the Queen Bee's games and their success. If you help me, it will definitely help mess with him."

[1d10] for Whisper in your Ear

"Why did I bring YOU along for this, then?" Cutlass deadpans to Droplet.

>>692547

"I'm disguised as a guard," Cutlass explains. "They don't do the hunting. As far as I can tell, they handle the ponies and let them move around 'freely'. Which makes this perfect. They won't bat an eye if I bring you through the heat wave."

"…Probably."

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.692554

>>692553
Cerulean just grins and giggles slightly at her reaction.

 No.692555

>>692553
>>692547
>>692549
>>692550
Despite some hesitation after they process all of the danger that Cutlass has told them about, the rest of the crew voices their assent.
"Don't forget our bet, everyone," Chiu says.
"Of course not!" Sickly Sweet adds. "Well, the question is, where to begin?"
"Definitely not here. We got that concert ticket for a reason," Bent Scales says. "The Pattern Juggler was clearly confident enough in himself that he wanted to see us again, so I say we take him up on it. Does it say where the ticket can be redeemed?"
"If not, I have an idea of where we should go," Bee Holder says. "But, I have no idea what the town will be like when we get there."

>>692553
"Everyone else was busy, except for Sparkler, but she can't disguise herself like I can. So, I'm by your side until you die."

 No.692556

>>692555
"Uhhh…." Cerulean takes a moment to look over the coupon again, searching for a clue of where the Juggler's show may take place.

 No.692557

>>692553
"Totally perfect, now you can make up for getting kidnapped on us."

>>692555
"Ehhh, I'm thinking we should avoid that guy. Don't trust that he'd give us a ticket while attacking us, feels like a trap or something. I'm voting for Bee Holder's idea."

 No.692558

>>692555
>>692556
>>692552
>>692547

"Well, seeing as how I'm currently building a revolution, it would definitely boost morale if at least some of you came with me back through the heatwave. A SECOND entire pirate crew aiding this revolution will definitely go a long way. Plus, you can corroborate my story on what just happened to this pony who was allowed through."

"Furthermore, if you come back to the not-destroyed side of Potnia, you might find someone to tell you where on Earth that… ticket? Is supposed to lead."

[1d10] for Whisper in your Ear on the NPCs

>>692557

Cutlass stares at Cloud. "How does ANY of that work?"

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.692559

>>692558
>>692553
Alder nods a little, and can't help ut snicker a little "I would be more than willing to help. And, I think I agree with Cerulean here. But, okay! You bring us there 'captured'? Will we get through the heatwave okay?"
>>692555
"Right! The bet. I will keep my eyes peeled."

 No.692560

>>692558
"Well you didn't do too much when you joined on the first island, almost got left behind, and then got captured. Lotta time to make up for, we've been through non stop fights since then."

 No.692561

>>692557
>>692556
>>692559
Because the coupon can be redeemed at any of his shows, it doesn't list any specific town. But, on the reverse, you find a fine-print listing of his tour dates in various towns on various islands. You see that he's got a show tomorrow on Kaco Island, in a town called Aristar.

"I was afraid it'd be there," Bee Holder says. "Picture a red light district, then expand it until you had a whole city of it. Gritty, seedy, full of booze and backstabbing. The last place a foal should be, and so it was the place I spent most of my youth. It's in the north, but if this is what they've done to Potnia, I doubt the journey's going to be easy."

>>692558
The crew of the Beesting seems receptive to your idea. "Right, that's what you got so excited about that corpse was for," Sickly Sweet says. "What do you need us to do, then?"

 No.692562

>>692560

"I had to break out of prison!" Cutlass objects angrily.

"Also, I never JOINED you at all! I just hitched a ride on your ship."

>>692559

When a guy agrees with Cerulean, Cutlass turns even more red. "Sh-shut up, you idiot!"

>>692561
>>692560
>>692559

"With how blasé and cocky the bees have been about anyone being able to get away, the bees prrrrobably won't even think twice if I just take you through that checkpoint right there," Cutlass says, pointing to the building halfway through the heatwave. "They're just think you're more prey."

"Or they won't and we'll just kill them. Whatever," Cutlass adds with a shrug.

"Droplet, carry," Cutlass says, pointing to the corpse.

"Let's go," she says to everyone as she gestures for them all to follow. She leads the way to the checkpoint.

 No.692563

>>692561
"A red light district? Maybe this won't be so bad after all."

>>692562
"A freeloader, eh? Now I've been there but even I never got upset when ponies I mooched off of didn't help the messes I got myself in."

 No.692564

>>692563

"YOU got me into the mess! They were attacking YOUR ship!"

 No.692565

>>692561
"That sounds awful. For what it is worth, I apologize for dragging you back there."
>>692562

Alder giggles a little bit, narrowing his eyes and giving Cutlass a cheeky grin. "Why so flustered, Miss Cerulean? Can you not take a compliment?~"

 No.692566

>>692564
"I'm not the captain, don't blame because we were attacked. I didn't even go over until the end."

 No.692567

>>692561
"A red light district…?"
She tries to think back to her knowledge of land-based things, but she's pretty certain she never learned, let alone heard, of such a thing. Though maybe there was a reason for naming something such a place.
"Sounds dark; maybe just normal lights of some kind could work better. But if that's where his show is, then maybe we can get some answers from him. I'd like to think we're a lot better than we were before…if we even have to smack him around some more."

 No.692568

>>692566

"I meant you collectively. And, it still doesn't make it my fault or my mess."

>>692565
*Cutlass

"CAPTAIN, not miss."

 No.692569

>>692568
"Captain. My apologies!~"

 No.692570

>>692565
"Oh, I don't think you understand – I had a great time growing up there, but I don't want old temptations distracting me from good old violence and lining my pockets!" Bee Holder says with a laugh.

>>692567
>>692565
>>692563
>>692562
Droplet picks up the shriveled corpse and hides it in a bag.
Cutlass leads you back to the checkpoint she entered from. As she approaches, the ID Comb (a hexagonal device about the size of a fist) glows, and the Heatwave parts around you, allowing you to pass. As you pass through to the other side, the bee guards who see you double-take at the sight of the Beesting's crew. Across the road, in the ramshackle buildings, Cutlass notices some of her would-be revolutionaries peering down from the windows, nervously waiting for their chance.

One of the giant bee guards approaches Cutlass and buzzes at her, though she cannot understand it.

 No.692571

>>692570
"Ah. I suppose, in that case, I did not fully understand. I suppose we can try to keep you focused?"

 No.692572

>>692570
>>692571
>>692567
>>692566

"New prey," she says in as much of a buzzing tone as she can to the point that one might find it racist against bugs. If that were a thing. As she does, she does a dramatic, dancing motion toward the buildings of Potnia. Before they can respond, she dutifully turns and continues toward town. She also makes it a point to make sure they can see her ID Comb.

[1d10] for Whisper in your Ear

"Just keep walking," she whispers to everyone as they walk away.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.692573

>>692570
Cloud passes through the heatwave cautiously, keeping his eyes on the fire as it opens around them, and on the new guards on the other side.
"I wouldn't think insects would like to keep fires around. These queens must be really serious about whatever business they have here."

 No.692574

>>692572
Alder keeps pace, and figures it'd be best to stay silent.

 No.692575

>>692572
Cerulean just seems to be humming a bit of a tune as she continues along with the others.

 No.692576

>>692571
"Goooooood luck," Sickly Sweet says.

>>692572
>>692573
>>692574
>>692575
The Bee Guards dance wildly as Cutlass gives her explanation, waving about long, hollow sticks that they carry instead of any weapons. For a few moments, the crew tenses, worried that they may attack, but the Bee Guards soon calm down, and go back to their relatively boring watch duty, apparently satisfied with the answer.

Eventually, Cutlass leads everyone into one of the decrepit buildings, one with windows blown out and floors littered with trash and old stains. Following to where she saw the revolutionaries, she leads them to the abandoned second floor, in a large common area with moldy, moth-bitten furniture. About 20 pirates await up there, grisly, vicious-looking on their surface. Yet their expressions are nervous, and many appear pessimistic and downtrodden. Most bear awful scars or have missing ears and eyes.
One pony looks quite clean, a small mare. "There you are, Cutlass. I'm impressed how you keep managing to recruit even looking like that."
A tall brown minotaur in an overcoat hangs to the side. He blinks his Aura at you briefly in greeting. You all see it clearly and distinctly, despite only awakening to yours a couple days ago.

 No.692577

>>692576
>>692572
"So, is this your crew then?"

 No.692578

>>692576
"Ah. Hello." the griffon says, wincing a little at the severity of some of the scarring "We were not recruited, so much as rejoined a friend. Cutlass was a crewmate of ours prior to this."

 No.692579

>>692576
>>692572
"Woah. You made a lot of new friends, huh Cutlass?"
She looks over at the minotaur, looking a bit impressed by his Aura trick. It was at this moment, a thought seemed to click in her head and she looks at Cutlass somewhat expectantly.
"Hey wait, does this mean you can use this aura stuff, too?!"

 No.692580

>>692576
>>692575
>>692574
>>692573

"Looking like wha-" Cutlass bursts out to Sparkler, momentarily insulted before remembering she looks like a bee still. "Oh. Right. Turn me back, Droplet."

"Anyway, our expedition went even better than expected," Cutlass announces proudly to the revolutionaries. "Not only do I have proof of what happens to ponies who go through the heatwave, but I also found us some new help."

"I've worked with these ponies briefly before," Cutlass says, gesturing to the party. "Don't be fooled by their appearance. Despite themselves, they are quite capable pirates."

"Now, I know I keep on sending you all on recruit missions, but this time is different. Tell them that I have proof that going through the Heatwave is not the salvation they think it is. If they want to live, they will hear what I have to say. You'll all find out the truth together. Now go."

[1d10] to motivate them

>>692577
>>692576

"No, my crew is docked further way. A few of them are with me, but they are out… doing…"

"Sparkler, where are Ossie, the slave, and the… mooks?"

"Anyway, Droplet," she points to the (previously bee) that has been with her, "And Sparkler are…" she sighs. "With the Gates of Justice. They are only temporary additions to my crew."

"Puddin over there," Cutlass points angrily at the minotaur. "Should consider himself lucky that I'm even slightly considering allowing him on my crew."

>>692579

"Yes," Cutlass answers. "Slightly. That reminds me. Have you found an Aura Master?"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.692581

>>692580
"Ah! Yes, we have! On the previous island we were on, one with animated, intelligent skeletons, we managed to find a teacher. He helped us grasp the basics of our Auras." he explains
Waiting for her to finish motivating the rest, he asks "So, what is the plan now?"

 No.692582

>>692580
"Yeah, but mine had me take a nap and have a weird dream. Cloud got the more fun one and had an actual fight."

 No.692583

>>692581

"Between the weapons I've acquired for our little army, the evidence I have to motivate them, and you all to boost morale, we should recruit just about the entire city at this point. From there, we push out and take out that Heatwave outpost entirely and move on to recruit another town."

"Soon, we'll have a full on revolution on our hands," Cutlass says with a devious grin.

"Could you lead us to that Aura Master once we're done with this island? Or, at least give me some detailed directions? I need to find one. For reasons."

>>692582

"You found multiple?" Cutlass asks, her ears perking up optimistically.

 No.692584

>>692578
>>692578
>>692579
Most of them seem apathetic, but the small mare (a green pegasus in a black dress) seems intrigued. "I didn't think a captain as ruthless as she was would have a whole lot of loyal friends. Good to be with you, then. I'm Sparkler of the Gates of Justice and I look forward to putting you all to use. Any special abilities, magic, or anything of the like we should know about?"

"Puddin Tame's the name," the minotaur says. "I don't want to dillydally any more than we absolutely have to, so let's get on with this already."

>>692580
>>692579
>>692578
>>692577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_bkFzz8j7I
Droplet clicks his hoof, and he and Cutlass return to their normal forms, their shadows wobbling beneath them.
"Ossie and the others have been dispatched on scouting missions into the local wilderness in order to collect information on the local flora and fauna, hoping to find uses for what's around us," Sparkler reports. "I brew good poison. They know of our location, and once they've completed their job, a quarter are going to report back to the ship, and the rest are coming to meet us."

The revolutionaries' countenances raise, and you can tell it's because, at least in part, of Cutlass's Aura, as well as the suspense of finally getting to see what fate awaits them beyond the Heatwave. They start to file back out of the building and fulfill your orders.

"Speaking of that," Puddin says. "We still haven't gotten any weapons from that Magoja guy. Are we just going to cross our fingers on them being delivered on time, or…?"

 No.692585

>>692580
"Oh, so this is your revolutionary group then. …This doesn't look like it's going to well."

>>692584
"What's the plan then, are we just going to track down those queens or are we going to rally up every town that isn't in ruins?"

 No.692586

>>692583
>>692585

"Yeah, and I think I know which one I'd rather go back to next time. …assuming she'd help us again. Actually, she wasn't too keen on helping us from the get-go…how'd you convince her to train you, Cloud?"

>>692584
"Nice to meet you, Sparkler. And aside from me being a sharkpony? …good at smashing?"

Cerulean watches everyone else leave…but doesn't move herself as she doesn't quite know what, exactly, everyone is getting up and leaving for.

 No.692587

>>692583
"Very well. Let us hope it goes as you say. And, while we could tell you where he is, I do not know if we could lead you. We still intend to pursue King Crimson."
>>692584
Alder offers a bow to the pegasus, before saying "I am Alder, of Tribe Frostclaw. I specialize in healing, I suppose. I am still learning it, but I believe I can influence others slightly with my aura."

 No.692588

>>692585

"It's just started," Cutlass retorts angrily. "Do you HAVE TO criticize everything I do!?"

"The plan is to rally as much of an army as possible. Trust me when I say the direct approach simply will not work. They have some simply unreasonable… weapons on their side."

>>692584

"Thank you, Sparkler," Cutlass says in an exasperated tone. "At least SOMEONE acknowledges my ruthlessness. I try. I really do. And all these idiots want to do is make friends with me."

"You know how to get there, right Puddin?" Cutlass now turns to him. "Go to Magoja and tell him it's time to deliver. He'll be able to find us in the most public square."

>>692584
>>692585
>>692582
>>692581

"Come on. We've got a presentation to make," Cutlass says as she gestures for everyone remaining to follow her out of the room. "Sparkler, where's the most public place in this town? Lead us there."

 No.692589

>>692587

"That is acceptable," Cutlass says in response to his offer of directions.

Then, she narrows her eyes. "You can influence people?" she asks oddly defensively.

>>692586

"I believe I can convince her."

 No.692590

>>692589
"Uhm… how to put it. Not in any severe way, and more… literally. As in, pulling an arm aside as it is swung, or pulling it so that it better strikes what it is swinging at. Does that make sense?"

 No.692591

>>692590

Cutlass seems to lighten up. "I see."

 No.692592

>>692586
"I didn't do anything, Brewhaha said Cangrejo nagged her until she agreed to train me."

>>692588
"If you didn't get so upset I wouldn't criticize so much. For a so called captain you have an entertainingly short fuse."
Cloud teases.

 No.692593

>>692592

"I would argue a captain SHOULD have a short fuse," Cutlass says in a more level tone. "How else is one expected to keep their crew in line?"

 No.692594

>>692592
Cerulean looks genuinely surprised.
"Huh. He must be pretty good at nagging then to make Brewhaha crack like that, then."

>>692589
>>692588
>>692584
I mean, good luck. Unless you're awesome at nagging or something, she's tougher to crack than a scared, giant clam."

"Also, what sort of presentation are we doing? If its to sell something, I don't think I'd do well all things considered," she says, motioning to herself and the general look of her various scars and her latest sea-creature hide armor.
"Roger might be able to win crowds over, though."

 No.692595

>>692594

"We're recruiting people to join our revolutionary army," Cutlass says, confused as to how Cerulean doesn't understand.

 No.692596

>>692594
>>692586
>>692585
>>692587
>>692588
"Ohhh-ho-ho," Sparkler says. "Now, we get to go on a field trip. While the others were recruiting, I did my research on the town. There was a library I found most useful. Thankfully, they had picture books for foals, considering I can't read a word of the local writing system."

Sparkler begins to weave a largely imagined narrative to you about the history of the city of Potnia. Being a center where many convicted criminals were brought through, one necessary invention was a courthouse, a jail and most notably, an execution grounds. All three were employed liberally and mercilessly to send a message to the worst of the pirates who used to terrorize the waters of the Ribcage prior to the establishment of these fixtures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzvQW_gxkk

Eventually, you arrive at your destination: A rounded plaza, with massive buildings circling all around. Unlike the rest of Potnia, this area is damaged the least, and though the monuments are buildings have been vandalized, something about them has an intense, imposing presence. In the center is a pit, like one would dig for a bonfire, and in the center rest several Y-shaped crucifixes, arranged haphazardly. Though nobody hangs off of them, you feel an aura surrounding them. Come to think of it, the presence of the buildings feels quite a bit like aura as well.

Behind the crucifixes stands an immense pillar, with a statue of a heroic-looking beepony at the top, wearing the robe of a king and holding a scale of justice in one hoof.

"What an appropriate place to declare our revolution!" Sparkler declares.

 No.692597

>>692592
You hear Chiu mumbling in Chineighse.

 No.692598

>>692596
>>692594

Cutlass smiles with calm excitement as they arrive at their destination and listens to Sparkler's story.

She looks up at the statue with disdain. "Cerulean. Do you think you could knock that down please? It's ruining my view."

 No.692599

>>692595
"Oh. Won't that draw a lot of attention, though? I thought you didn't want your cover blown."
She seems more confused than she was just a moment ago.

Cerulean looks around the area, not really liking the vibe this place is giving off.
"Ugh…I feel like I'm in a boneyard, but one that wasn't made by me."

>>692598
>>692596
At hearing that, Cerulean gives a bit of a grin and a smack of her tail.
"I'd be more than happy to!"

She runs at the statue, feeling herself moving quicker than she ever have before. It worried her for a moment, but she put that aside to focus on smashing the statue.

>Mako Speed

>Slam, Arabian Agility, crit 8+, DC -1
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.692600

>>692594
"That or she owed him a favor or something, if he went for that instead of training me himself."

>>692593
"I'd say that it isn't helping since you had to ask where your crew was."

>>692596
Cloud looks up at the crucifixes among the court plaza.
"Just feels dreadful being around here. Not liking the imagery we keep coming across here."

>>692597
"Hey, don't worry. I know you'll have it before we leave this island."
Cloud says to comfort Chiu.

 No.692601

>>692596
"I see. Well, no time like the present, I suppose."
>>692599
Alder decides to try and help correct Cerulean's path a little bit, letting the soft, golden strands wrap around her tail
>Guiding Tendrils [Aid]

 No.692602

>>692599

"I'm not a bee anymore," Cutlass says, just numb to her silliness now. "Obviously, I don't care about subtlety anymore."

>>692600

"There's a lot to be done. They're just being proactive," Cutlass says defensively.

 No.692603

>>692601
>>692599
>>692598
>>692600
Sparkler's eyes nearly pop out of her head as Cutlass gives her command. "Uhhhhh…! Don't you think we should–"

"Do it!" Bee Holder shouts.

With an incredible crackling sound, Cerulean launches herself at the base of the pillar and slams it. Though it does not topple, faint cracks bloom in its marble surface. The pillar is quite dense and sturdy.

After a momentary silent pause, a distant buzzing begins to sound.

 No.692604

>>692603

Cutlass smiles as she hears the buzzing approaching. "I do hope the crowd arrives soon."

>>692601
>>692599

"Give it another whack."

 No.692605

>>692602
"A captain should still keep track of their crew either way."
Cloud retorts.

>>692603
Cloud's ears perk as the buzzing rises, and he starts to scoot towards the buildings.
"Maybe we shouldn't be smashing up bee stuff, you know, when they like to attack ponies."

 No.692606

>>692605

"This is why you are not a captain," Cloud says haughtily.

 No.692607

>>692606
"Please, like I'd want to be a captain."

 No.692608

>>692604
Alder puffs himself up a little bit, and tries slamming himself into the side of the pillar as well! Maybe it'll do something!
>Alder throws himself into the pillar! [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.692609

>>692603
>>692604
"Heh. Kinda reminds me of the rocks back home I'd smash to practice on."
Grinning at the statue, regarding it more of a challenge than an order now, Cerulean runs at it again. This time, going for a leap to smash straight down.

>Again!

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.692610

>>692609
>>692608
>>692605
>>692604
Another shattering crack rings out as Cerulean and Alder throw themselves at the pillar again, this time feeling something move within the pillar after their impact. In the distance, little black dots color the horizon from the west, holding long, thin staves. You recognize them as multiple squadrons of Bee Guards. Clouds of them are approaching– and yet, the recruits are nowhere in sight.
"Dammit… you hold your ground!" Sparkler shouts. "I'm going to grab Ossie and the others– you're going to need them, and now!"
She leaps into action, leaving you, Droplet, and the crew of the Beesting at the site of the pillar… without weapons or backup.

>Pause

 No.692948

Post sheets.

 No.692949


 No.692950

File: 1517453091111.png (404.1 KB, 1280x1010, Alder Spotty.png)


 No.692951


 No.692952


 No.692953

File: 1517453354205.png (291.49 KB, 768x832, Time Stop Man.png)


 No.692954

Last time on PQ…

After converting at long last, Cutlass and the crew of the Beesting joined forces in order to overthrow the Three Bee Queens (Qaromarrow, Hurscurs and the third, yet-unnamed one) and to take on the Crimson King. They would need to be careful, as the bees who had taken over Kaco Island were powerful and many in number, and orchestrating a total and efficient massacre and deportation of the island's population and the many pirate crews stationed there.

When we last left the party, they were gradually being surrounded by clouds of giant Bee Guards, converging after the sound of the crumbling statue had rung out over the land.

>>692949
>>692950
>>692951
>>692953
Another shattering crack rings out as Cerulean and Alder throw themselves at the pillar again, this time feeling something move within the pillar after their impact. In the distance, little black dots color the horizon from the west, holding long, thin staves. You recognize them as multiple squadrons of Bee Guards. Clouds of them are approaching– and yet, the recruits are nowhere in sight.
"Dammit… you hold your ground!" Sparkler shouts. "I'm going to grab Ossie and the others– you're going to need them, and now!"
She leaps into action, leaving you, Droplet, and the crew of the Beesting at the site of the pillar… without weapons or backup.

 No.692955

>>692954

"They appear to have taken notice. Good. Nothing gets people motivated like impending doom," Cutlass says with a grin.

>>692953

"Once more if you will, please?"

 No.692956

>>692954
"Do we have too? It sounds like a bad idea to just wait for angry bees to swarm you."
Cloud gripes at the shouts.

>>692955
"Why are you antagonizing them? Didn't you see what they did to that one pony?!"

 No.692957

>>692954
>>692955
"Are you sure? Seems like all we're doing is making those things mad," Cerulean replies back, but not before getting another running start and shoulder charges into the statue.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.692958

>>692954
"I-I do not think we accomplished what we were hoping for…"
>>692957
Alder nods a little bit in agreement with Cerulean, but nonetheless tries his best to shove at the top of the pillar
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.692959

>>692957

"How they feel about us doesn't change that they plan on killing us."

>>692956

"You sound like all the other cowards trapped in this town. They're going to kill us either way. Now, everyone can see that. Which means they'll have no choice but to fight back. And, together we can win. That's the difference between that one pony and us. We have each other."

"I-I mean all of us. N-not just me and you," she adds quickly.

 No.692960

>>692958

"No, this is perfect," Cutlass says with a grin.

 No.692961

>>692955
>>692956
>>692957
>>692958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frX-4yF7niQU

The Bee Guards congregate in the sky, the droning creating a maddening backdrop to the scene, while Cerulean smacks away at the statue. The Bee Guards start to raise their long pipes to their mouths, when Ossie, Sparkler and much of your mooks and would-be rebels pour into the square. Ossie, Droplet and Sparkler immediately surround Cutlass, blocking her with their bodies. The crew of the Beesting quickly draw their own weapons.

As one, the Bee Guards begin to speak, their voices overlapping in rounds, creating eerie echoes and repetitive buzzing. "Let them come, let them gather, let them die in a puddle of their own blood. Let them come, let them gather…"

The last to return, Puddin Tame runs back through the crowd, wide-eyed and empty handed. "Cutlass! Goddamnit, you've gone and fucked us all! He didn't give me anything! All he said was to give you a message, that the weapons would be here when you let loose the sound of rebellion. I sure hope you know what that cryptic bullshit means, because I sure don't!"

 No.692962

>>692961
>>692960
"Sound of rebellion? I imagine it has something to do with your desire to topple the statue?" he asks, frowning nervously as he sees the increasingly large gathering of bees.
"And, it looks like it… sort of worked? Do you think this is enough?"

 No.692963

>>692959
"I don't know what you've been seeing but those ponies ou showed us earlier didn't look all too capable of fighting of huge clouds of bees. I'm thinking you just want to cut your losses quickly."

Cloud scoffs.
"Yea you wish."

>>692961
Cloud steps to Chiu's side, his eyes locked onto the bees.
"I don't suppose you can make a shield or something out of your shadows…"

 No.692964

>>692961
"Oh, c'mon you big, stupid…thing!" Cerulean tries again, seeing as how the reinforcements came.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.692965

>>692961

Cutlass glowers at Puddin. "What did I tell you about not flying off the handle, you idiot!?" she yells at him. She gestures to the gathering crowd. Obviously, his panic won't help.

As everyone pours into the square, Cutlass looks to Droplet. "Be ready with that corpse."

Then, she looks to the crowd. "Do you hear them?" Cutlass shouts out to them. "Does that sound like the the words of people who plan on letting you live? You've all been able to live on here because of the hope that as long as you're quiet, you'll be set free. That hope is a lie!"

Cutlass gestures to Droplet to show them the corpse. "THIS is what happens when you are allowed to pass through the Heat Wave. I watched this pony get ALLOWED through bout THESE guards. And, within SECONDS, he was reduced to this pathetic pile of meat you see before you."

"They don't plan on doing anything with us except hunt us in their games. They are keeping us corralled here, waiting for slaughter. And, you're ALLOWING it to happen. The false hope is shattered. Die alone and trapped, or die fighting together in freedom. Those are your options."

"And look," she gestures to the bee guards. "Now they know we know the truth so they come to silence us. Why? Because they FEAR us. They know that if we catch on, we can band together and defeat them! They're just bugs! We are superior. Together, we can push them back."

"You're not alone! What you see before you," Cutlass gestures to the party and their crews. "Is just a fraction of the fighting force of two very powerful pirate crews. I've already arranged for weapons to be delivered to anyone who wishes to fight."

"You have the tools. You have the comrades. You have the enemy. They don't plan to let you live. KILL THEM FIRST!"

"NOW, WHO IS PONY ENOUGH TO FIGHT FOR YOUR OWN LIFE!?"

[1d10] for Whisper in your Ear

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.692966

>>692963

"No one is strong enough for that. That's why we need an army."

 No.692967

>>692962
>>692964
Alder lets out a nervous warble, and gives the statue a shove- maybe one more'll do it!
>[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.692968

>>692962
>>692963
>>692964
>>692965
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9zQFOJsijw

On cue, Droplet drops the pony's shriveled corpse, still ridden with stingers, onto the ground. Horror wells up on the faces of those who still appeared unconvinced as the true gravity of the bees' so-called refugee allowances lays bare before them.

At the conclusion of the speech, Cerulean and Pyrite knock the unstable pillar off balance, and the statue posed precariously at the top finally comes crashing down, exploding in a shower of marble and dust. The bees release a tumultuous explosion of buzzing, spasming about in blind fury, tearing at the air and gnashing and spitting and cursing in a cacophony of sound.

Suddenly, long, glowing forms manifest before the 70 or so pirates gathered around you. The forms become guns, bombs, knives, swords, shields, even cannons and ropes and kegs and kegs of gunpowder. Before you know it, everyone becomes armed to the teeth with any manner of pirate weaponry imaginable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgFmUaxIMDA

As one, the Bee Guards raise their pipes to their mouth and launch a small cloud of blow-darts at your position.
>Roll dodge, instant

The pirates scatter, shooting up at their foes.
[1d10+2] [1d10+2] [1d10+2] firing
>[1d10+2] [1d10+2] [1d10+2] Dodging

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #3 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #4 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #5 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #6 10 + 2 = 12

 No.692969

>>692968
Alder*
Get out of here, Pyrite

 No.692970

>>692968

Cutlass smiles a devious smile as the weapons appear. She even tears up a bit at the beauty of the situation.

Then, she sees the bee aiming at her. She jumps out of the way to dodge it. [1d10]

"KILL THEM!" she shouts as everyone begins to fight. [1d10] for one last bit of motivation

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.692971

>>692968
As the bees start to enrage and fire down on them, Cloud jumps for cover to avoid the darts.
>Dodge [1d10]

"We just never get a break on this trip."
Cloud says with a sigh as he peeks out to the bees.
"I really hope they'll be as easy to deal with a normal insects."
Cloud's eyes glow as he tries to whip up the weather for a rainstorm to drown out or at least hinder the bees' flight.
>Climate Control [Rainstorm] [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.692972

>>692968
"F-Fascinating… the weapons just seem to pop right i-goodness!" he shouts as the Bees fire a cloud of blow darts at them, and tries to scrabble out of the way.
>Dodge (Instant): [1d10]
He fires back with his bow, hoping to catch one of the nastier-looking guards, and preferably a closer one
>Shortbow: [1d10+2] (+1 Surveyor, +1 Bow)

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 6 + 2 = 8

 No.692973

>>692971

"Trust me, this IS a break on this island."

 No.692974

>>692968
Cerulean coughs a bit as she breathes in a bit of dust, but she shakes it off quickly as the bees get ready to pepper her with darts. Things were getting chaotic, and she was becoming equal parts excited and primal.

>Dodge

[1d10]

Cerulean gets her tail ready, running at the nearest bee guard and leaping at it.
"The seas part for me alone!"
She brings her tail down onto the guard, creating a shockwave of aura seawater from the impact that proceeds to flood the area.

>Slam, crit 8+, +1, DC-1

>Mako Speed
>Tide Pool
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #3 1 + 1 = 2

 No.692975

>>692974
>>692971
>>692972
>>692970
Drawn by magic, clouds gather over the scene as the crews exchange fires with the bees. The darts that land in Alder, Cerulean and Cloud quickly numb the portions of skin they penetrate, yet sizzle and steam horrifically as they burrow into flesh and muscle. As the darts hit them, they feel and see their auras involuntarily activate, then slowly start to stiffen and coagulate around the site of the wound.

>Cloud, Cerulean and Alder lose 1 Wound each


Cutlass's eyes trace the path of one dart as it sails straight for her forehead, but Ossie's hoof, veins straining with effort, shoots out from within Cutlass's shadow and crushes the dart mid-flight, severely burning her hoof.

Dozens of bees drop from the hail of gunfire, but as they fall, they curve their descents so as to drop straight into the crowd of pirates.

The pirates start scattering for cover, being horrendously outmatched themselves, but some foolish souls run for the Bee Guards and start tearing off their armor, and quickly put it on themselves to try to gain some protection from the shots.

The exchange of fire continues between the Bees and Pirates, while individual squads of Bees break off to shoot at the party.
[1d10+2] vs Alder
[1d10+2] vs Cerulean
[1d10+2] vs the Rebels

[1d10+2] [1d10+2] [1d10+2] Rebels vs Bees

>>692974
Pools of water manifest from your residual aura, quickly flooding the area and leaving it slippery and smelling like the sea.
>Earthly Affinity now active

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12 / Roll #2 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #3 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #4 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #5 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #6 3 + 2 = 5

 No.692976

>>692975

"Thank you, Ossie," Cutlass says with a grateful nod.

In the mayhem, Cutlass makes her way to a cannon. She aims it at the highest concentration of bees possible (without hurting her own people).

[1d10] to fire cannon!

>>692974
>>692972
>>692971

"You've been stung," Cutlass says grimly. "Now you can't escape."

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.692977

>>692975
>>692976
"I didn't have any plans to at this point!"
While slippery for most, for Cerulean, this was as close to being in her home field as it could be. Making use of it, Cerulean rushes forth at as many bees as she could, using leaps and slides/drifts to quickly move about and bite chunks out of whoever she could while moving fast enough to avoid any sort of retaliation.

>Cleave, 5 targets, Ranged

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.692978

>>692971
Alder shakes his head a little bit as he feels the poison start to take effect. It keeps him off-balance long enough for a Bee to line up a good shot at the griffon, who tries to move out of the way as best he can manage!
>Dodge: [1d10]
For what good it might do, the griffon tries to focus his aura on the bee aiming for him, in hopes of throwing his aim off.
>Guiding Tendrils, Harm: -1 to rolls.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.692979

>>692975
"Gah, ow, what is this?"
Cloud grunts as he tries to pluck out the darts as they burn away at his flesh.

Looking out to the brawl, Cloud's eyes glow as he sees Cerulean form a pool of water around herself. He focuses on making her bigger, looking to be the best shot against the bees.
>Wax/Wane [Grow Cerulean] [1d10]

>>692976
"I can leave anytime I want, preferably right after we're done with this!"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.692980

>>692979

"I mean… you can. But you would die," Cutlass responds as she aims the cannon.

After she fires it, she says. "You know what, you go ahead and leave."

 No.692981

>>692976
>>692977
>>692978
>>692979
Cerulean's and Cutlass's attacks, supported by the rebels, blow apart many bees, bisecting their bodies and cutting swathes through their offensive lines. As the corpses of the Guards fall to the ground, the other bees start to retreat into the air, before arcing downward into the many ruined buildings several blocks to the west, falling back toward the Heatwave.

Alder, however, is not so well off, and has taken numerous direct hits, his aura feeling weak and hazy, as he starts to see double and stumble about involuntarily from the thick poison dripping from the darts.
>Alder 5/2

Meanwhile, one of the Bees shoves Cerulean out of the way of Cloud's spell, absorbing the power of the spell for itself, growing to three times its size. The now-hulking Bee grabs part of the broken statue, swinging it at the party like a giant club.

[1d10+3] Cleave vs Cloud, Cerulean and Cutlass



From the bloodless corpses of the Bees, you see small white, writhing shapes. Clusters of fungus-like creatures, skittering on dozens of tiny, segmented legs, leap from the remains of the Guards, and burrow into the flesh of any pirates who got close enough to try and steal the armor. The parasites leave behind no discernible wounds; they sink beneath the surface of the skin as if they were diving into quicksand. The Pirates are thrown off by the sudden attack, screaming in horror and revulsion as they claw at the spots where the Parasites dived in.

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.692982

>>692981
"Aw come on…"
Cloud grumbles as the bees intercepts his spell.
"Wait, this might work out… maybe."
Cloud's eyes glow as he calls up vines from the ground to wrap and bind the massive bee and trap it down.
>Earthen Grasp [1d10]

>>692980
"Oh what, you think I can't make it back out?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.692983

>>692981
Cerulean glares at the giant bee angrily.
"Hey! That was mine!"
She runs and leaps at the bee, aiming her tail on the hand/leg/whatever to break it while knocking the statue out of it.

>Slam, crit 8+, DC -1

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 4 + 2 = 6

 No.692984

>>692981

"Okay, ew," Cutlass grumbles. "Stay away from their bodies," she shouts loudly for everyone to hear.

>>692982

"No," Cutlass says, growing annoyed at Cloud's lack of understanding. "I'm sure you could make it off the island. Then you would die. They have a part of your Aura now. A part of you. You can't leave yourself behind. If you try, you'll die."

 No.692985

>>692984
>didn't mean to send yet

Cutlass dives under the piece of statue the bee swings. [1d10] to dodge it

Then, at her closer range, she telekinetically pulls out two daggers and stabs at the bee.

>Dual Weilding [1d10][1d10]


Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 9 = 9

 No.692986

>>692984
"What? How did they get my Aura, I only just got this stuff."

 No.692987

>>692981
Alder coughs weakly as the poison sinks in deeper, causing his vision to dim. While he'd much rather assist in the fight, he can't well do it in such a state. He takes one of his vials, and slathers the contents over a few of the dart-wounds (after pulling the darts free) in hopes that the mixture can cleanse some of the poison
>Natural Remedy (Recharge 1): Heal, cleanse the poison [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.692988

>>692986

"The sting, you idiot! The thing they just shot you with! Didn't you see your aura acting funny around it!? I TOLD you not to get stung!"

 No.692989

>>692982
>>692984
"It's part of the Queens' Aura abilities," Droplet explains. "Now that they've captured a part of your Aura, it's being taken to a special plane they control, where it's hunted separate from your body. Once they catch it, it's over for you."

"And judging by the sheer number who got hit," Sparkler adds, "That's what these Guards were aiming to do! They have no need to kill us here!"

>>692985
>>692983
>>692982
The attack smashes into Cloud and Cerulean, but Cutlass quickly evades and launches a vicious counterattack, and is quickly joined by Sparkler and Droplet, who dive in and kick at the Giant Bee in unison.
>Cloud 0/3
>Cerulean 8/5
[1d10+3] Droplet
[1d10+3] Sparkler

Despite its mounting injuries, the Giant Bee charges forward like a freight train, attemping to scoop you all up and smash you into the ground.
[1d10+3]

Chiu tries to shield Cloud with shadows. [1d10+2]

Meanwhile, the Pirates start to regroup. The Beesting's leaders quickly step in, segregating the Pirates who were infected by the fungal parasites into a separate group, while calming and rallying those who were not.

>>692987
You restore some of the worst of your injuries, nullifying the poison.
>Alder 5/3

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6 / Roll #2 1 + 3 = 4 / Roll #3 6 + 3 = 9 / Roll #4 8 + 2 = 10

 No.692990

>>692988
"I just said I just got Aura, I don't know what's normal for it!"

>>692989
"They're hunting my aura down like an animal? H-How does that work, can I get it ba—"
Cloud's concern is cut short as he's struck by the bee's pillar swing, tumbling on the ground from the impact.

Cloud struggles as he tries to get up, the burning dart wounds making the moving worse.
>Recover [1d10]

Cloud looks up as Chiu brings some shadows to keep him covered.
"Th-Thanks, glad I can count on you."
He coughs out.

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.692991

>>692989
Cerulean meets the giant bee's charge with one of her own, biting it as much as she can once she gets close enough.

>great weapon attack (crits 9+, critfails 2-)

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.692992

>>692989

Cutlass rolls to the side and stabs him twice more.

>dodge roll [1d10]


>stab stab stab [1d10] [1d10]


Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 2 = 2

 No.692993

>>692990

"Ignorance is no excuse!"

 No.692994

>>692989
Alder picks himself back up with a shaky groan, glad to have the poison do something. In an attempt to try and ward off the Giant Bee, the griffon takes a shot at it with his bow, and follows it up by attempting to grab it with his aura and guide it towards the ground
>Guiding Tendrils, Harm (Instant, Recharge 1) [1d10]
>Shortbow: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.692995

>>692990
>>692991
>>692992
>>692994
The Giant Bee slams down Cerulean and Sparkler, then drops its elbow onto Alder and Cloud. Chiu puts up a shield of shadow not a moment too soon, barely giving Cloud enough time to escape before he can be crushed by the attack and roll away, but Sparkler is slammed and pinned beneath its body.

>Cerulean 4/5

>Alder 2/3
>Cloud 5/3

Yet, while it's open after the attack, Cutlass and Droplet go in for the kill, slashing at the head and neck, and behead the Giant Bee. As the head starts to slide away from the body, you see small white fungi peeking out from the shadows of its hollow body. Droplet and Chiu shout in alarm as they start to crawl out of the corpse.

"Out of the way, out of the way!" Bee Holder commands, and flings a firebomb at the corpse to keep the fungi from escaping.

>Roll dodge

 No.692996

>>692995

Cutlass already expected the fungus anyway. So she runs from the corpse long before Bee Holder commanded it.

>[1d10] for dodge


She then goes back to the cannon to reload it.

>reloading


Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.692997

>>692995
Cerulean doesn't need to be told a third time as she makes a made dash/leap away from the corpse.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.692998

>>692995
Cloud stands after his dive away from the elbow-drop, sighing in relief at the narrow dodge.

He looks back at the body as Bee Holder shouts to run, eyes glowing reflexively as he warps the ground under the corpse to quicksand to help pull it underground with the fungi before they can get out.
>Earthen Grasp [1d10]

As well as running as quickly as he can away from it.
>Dodge [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.692999

>>692995
Alder frantically scrabbles away, not wanting to have any of that fungi in his system. In addition, he tries giving himself a little dose of one of his remedies, as he's not in the best shape regardless.
>Dodge: [1d10]
>Natural Remedy: [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.693000

>>692999
Alder tries his best to keep focused on his task, his golden tendrils of aura wrapping around himseld this time
>Guiding Tendrils, Aid (Instant, Recharge 1): [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.693001

>>692998
>>692997
>>692996
>>692999
You flee from the corpse just as the firebomb explodes, immolating the white fungal parasites and the bloated body, though Cloud and Alder only manage to escape with light burns along their sides and backs.
>Cloud 3/3
>Alder 5/2

The Pirates regroup, briefly watching the corpse burn to make sure the last of the fungi die. Those among your number, about 15 in all, who have been infected, stand apart from the rest, the bravado which was inspired by Cutlass quickly giving way to despair and confusion.

"These ones were hit by whatever those Bees were hiding in their bodies," Bent Scales says. "It's possible that those fungi were even controlling the Bees themselves."
"What're we going to do with them, then?" Kling-Klang asks.

 No.693002

>>693001
>>692999
Cerulean hums in thought for a moment, then looks over to Alder.
"Hey, you're good at patching me up and junk. Think you've got something to take care of whatever that white junk is?"

 No.693003

>Alder 3/4*

 No.693004

>>693001

"You all fought well," Cutlass says grimly to the infected ponies. "But, until we know what we're dealing with, we'll have to keep you locked up and quarantined. Really, you've gotten off lucky."

"Someone find a building secure enough to keep them contained should they lose control of themselves and keep an eye of them."

"Everyone else, we're going hunting. We have the upper hoof. Now, everyone sees we can fight back. Stay together. Kill any bees you find. Stay away from their corpses. And, above all else, recruit more to our cause. No one should question our cause now."

 No.693005

>>693001
Cloud collapses after the corpse is burnt and the fungi is no longer a threat, his body wracked with pains and burns. His eyes glow as he makes a small rain cloud over himself to help sooth the pains with a light drizzle.
"Can't even enjoy getting out of that alive knowing some part of me is being hunted right now."

Cloud gets up sowly, having the raincloud follow him as he checks on Chiu.
"Are you alright, didn't get by a dart or anything?"

 No.693006

>>693001
Alder lets out a relieved sigh and brushes himself off, before getting back to all fours and cocking his head to the side
>>693002
"I suppose it is certainly worth a shot. Something like this might be difficult to work against, since it seemed like a rather sophisticated parasite. I was going to try and tend to wounds anyways, so I shall try to the best of my ability!" he says, a little nervously.
The griffon takes a seat and pulls out his pouches of reagents, before getting to work on the party's injuries, as they're the easiest and quickest to handle.
>Party Healing
Afterwards, the griffon turns towards the infected and beckons a few of them over, before offering the most reassuring smile he can manage "If you would allow me to try, I may be of some help." the griffon asks, before rubbing his Mistie Flower for luck and getting to work.
>Natural Remedy (If it'll help?): [1d10]
>Guiding Tendrils, Aid (On Natural Remedy roll) [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.693007

>>693005
"No, I was able to get out of the way pretty quickly while everything was going to hell around all of us, thankfully. But can you still use your power?"

>>693004
"I suggest we keep just one of them, the weakest of the lot," Sparkler says. "Keep him in front of us. That way, we can know what it is that the fungi will do to the rest of the crew, and use him as a test subject for dealing with the others."

The other pirates shudder, but the weakest one is easy to pick out: A small, malnourished-looking pirate with a green tunic and a chipped ear. He doesn't seem like he could pose a threat to anyone, least of all the Bees.

>>693006
You quickly restore the others' injuries, but your potions have no visible effect on any of those who were attacked by the parasites, though it's also not certain what effects the parasites might have on them either. They nervously whisper their thanks as well, though few seem to have any hope.

>>693002
>>693005
>>693004
>>693006
"Now that even more of us are on a time limit, we've got to get going," Sickly Sweet urges. "Come on, full speed to the Heatwave again before they can launch another assult!"
"Wait, I think we need to be more cautious," Chiu says. "They outnumbered us like mad, why wouldn't they press the advantage?"
"Yer right," Bee Holder says. "I know a bit of how these bastards fight. They're holing up somewhere; I can feel it. Expect traps, expect dirty guerilla warfare. That's how they operated when taking on the criminal underbelly of Elusia."

 No.693008

>>693007
>>693002
Alder looks over to Cerulean and offers a concerned look, before bowing his head to the infected individuals.
"I am afraid my tincture had little visible effect on the parasites… though, I have no real way of knowing, unfortunately. We shall have to keep our eyes open for something on the island that may counter-act the parasite."

"I agree with Bee Holder and Chiu. Rushing is a recipe for disaster, in this case. It is their land, I imagine them to have more than a few nasty ambushes lined up."

 No.693009

>>693007
"Phew, good."
Cloud says in relief.
"I don't know. Let's see."
Cloud looks for a plant, and tests his aura to see if it works after part of it was stolen.
>Leech [1d10]

>>693007
"Yea they just flew off that way! We can't go rushing right behind them when they're going to where reinforcements are!"
Cloud protests.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.693010

>>693007
"A bunch ran off that way," Cerulean replies, spitting out some chitin when she feels a piece crunch uncomfortably against her teeth.
"Be a lot easier if we could just…I dunno, make their hiding spots blow up or something? Otherwise, I'd like to get this 'stolen' piece of me back. Don't really like the idea of something I can replace stolen."

>>693008
"Well, was worth a shot, at least," she says, patting him on the head reassuringly.

 No.693011

>>693007

"I respect the idea of a quarantine too greatly for that," Cutlass responds to Sparkler. "I won't have this… stuff spread unnecessarily. The fact that we don't know what it does is precisely why we SHOULDN'T be testing it. Especially not in a constantly emergency situation. All of them are getting locked up. We can leave someone behind to watch them. If anything comes up, they can send a message to us. Between all of these ridiculous powers, I'm sure someone can come up with a way to send a message quickly."

"We're not leaving this city yet," Cutlass says to Sickly Sweet. "There are many more ponies here to recruit. Besides, they're now trapped here with a swarm of angry bees. It would be wrong of us to leave them like that."

"Does anyone know where ponies may gather or hide in a situation like this?" Cutlass asks, looking to see if anyone has an answer. [1d10] to gain information

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.693012

>>693010
"I-I had not expected much, but it was indeed worth a shot."
>>693011
Lock them all up? While I would rather avoid it, it might be the most sound idea. Perhaps in a way that would make communication with the guard difficult? In that way, there would be less chance of them passing the parasite to the guard.

Alder tries his best to think of anywhere that might be a good type of place to check.
>Master Thief (Intuition?): [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.693013

>>693009
It seems you can still use your power; your aura feels stiff and inflexible, but otherwise it all seems to be still there. The stolen portion must have been quite small.

>>693011
"Very well, but I still remain convinced of keeping one around," Sparkler says.
"Just kill another Bee and test that one along the way," Ossie says.
"…Or, I could just do that," Sparkler admits.

>>693008
>>693009
>>693010
>>693011
>>693012
The pirates rattle off some suggestions for where to recruit some more - the typical bar, the churches, the inns, the poorhouses and brothels, but during the discussion, many others relay how those have been abandoned, raided by police or destroyed already. However, Alder starts to get a feeling that the city's bank could still house something of note, being a place that the government would have an interest in preserving above all civilian and pirate life.

 No.693014

>>693013
"Perhaps… a bank? It may not be the best idea, but it is the first that comes to mind for me. I do not see why they would not take every step they could to protect it in a place such as this."

 No.693015

>>693013
>>693014

"Fantastic idea!" Cutlass praises Alder. "It's also a highly fortifiable position. Let's all fight toward the bank. We may even find a place to make a suitable quarantine."

"Let's go everyone," Cutlass gestures for them to come with her.

"Does anyone know where the bank is?" Cutlass whispers to Droplet and Sparkler.

 No.693016

>>693013
"I still have it, but it feels a bit rough. I hope whatever they're hunting of me doesn't get caught anytime soon."

>>693013
As everypony talks about where to go, Cloud is content sticking with Chiu and following the crowd for now.

 No.693017

>>693014
>>693013
"Ooo, nice. Maybe there could be…whatever bees use as money in there and take that for that bet we have going on."

 No.693018

>>693014
>>693015
>>693016
>>693017
"The bank?" Droplet asks. "Weird. I didn't consider that, and I didn't get directions either. Typically, cash isn't something we ever worry about unless we need to perform a quick bribe, but it's easy enough to sell someone their own life."
"Don't make excuses if you should have done a better job of scouting the city," Sparkler says. "Let's try to find it. And keep your eyes up, everyone. They're going to be after us at every turn."

>>693017
"What would bees use as money?" Chiu asks. "I don't think it'd be just honey, would it?"

>Roll for navigation to the bank

 No.693019

>>693017
>>693015
"And, if the money works as we expect, we would be robbing some power… right? Some of it confuses me."

 No.693020

>>693019
"I think I saw a movie about a land dweller that said something like 'if you have the money, then you have the power'…or something like that. I just remember he died at the end, though."

>>693018
"Hmm…."
Cerulean legitimately thinks about this one. She remembers back home certain shells could be used for money, among other various things in good shape.
"Flowers? Oh, or maybe pollen puffs? Oh no, wait, smaller bees! WAY smaller bees! Or…."
She begins to think of other things bees might use as currency as she looks around for the bank.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.693021

>>693017
"Oh yea, I almost forgot about our bet with the whole attack going on."

>>693018
"A bank should be easy to spot, they usually stand out."
Cloud says as he keeps an eye out for the bank.
>Bank Search [1d10]

>>693018
"Honeycombs maybe, those are nice an coin sized. And bees this size must make a ton of those."

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.693022

>>693018
>Let's find the bank, kids! [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.693023

>>693018

Cutlass attempts to use her knowledge from sneaking around towns to find the bank.

>Master Thief [1d10]


>>693019

"I don't know what you mean," Cutlass responds, confused.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.693024

>>693022
>>693021
>>693020
>>693019
>>693023
An elaborate discussion is held among the crew about the potential different kinds of currency that bees might use. After dismissing the more conventional possibilities like gold and silver, it's decided that pollen is a likely candidate, though how it could be stored and withdrawn, being such a delicate material, escapes you. This conversation comes at much to the annoyance of Kling-Klang and Cane Shuga, as well as Sparkler and Droplet, who are busy checking streets, windows, and buildings for traps and ambushes. Yet, none attack you.

After looking around long enough through the battered streets, you see a large, marble building, its entrance denoted by imperial pillars one of the few structures that still stands relatively untouched and undamaged by the grime of the city. This looks like it might be it.

>Paused

 No.693760

>>693024
Post sheets

 No.693761


 No.693762


 No.693763

File: 1519267389814.jpg (130.63 KB, 1000x1521, Lolis.jpg)


 No.693764


 No.693765


 No.693766

>All at full H/W thanks to Sickly Sweet and Alder having healing abilities

Last time on PQ…

The party declared open war against the bees that were conquering Kaco Island and involving its inhabitants in the Hunt for the amusement of the Three Bee Queens.

Granted magical weaponry by Cutlass' otherworldly sponsor, Magoja, they were able to fight off a slew of the Bee Guards, who upon death exploded into small white fungi that attempted to parasitize the crew. Some of the fungi had successfully infected some of the newer pirates who had been recruited from the filthy streets of Potnia, and so they had to be quarrantined, their fate yet unknown.

They resolved to see if anyone else could be persuaded to join their crew as they headed for the northern city of Aristar, and so headed to the bank, regarding it as a fairly secure place that people would hide in.

However, they were now on a time crunch - most of the party had been hit with stingers. This meant that part of their Aura had now been taken to the Hunting Grounds. If they could not stop the Bee Queens before the Queens could hunt down their Aura, they would likely die or suffer a worse fate.

>>693765
>>693764
>>693763
>>693762
>>693761
An elaborate discussion is held among the crew about the potential different kinds of currency that bees might use. After dismissing the more conventional possibilities like gold and silver, it's decided that pollen is a likely candidate, though how it could be stored and withdrawn, being such a delicate material, escapes you. This conversation comes at much to the annoyance of Kling-Klang and Cane Shuga, as well as Sparkler and Droplet, who are busy checking streets, windows, and buildings for traps and ambushes. Yet, none attack you.

After looking around long enough through the battered streets, you see a large, marble building, its entrance denoted by imperial pillars one of the few structures that still stands relatively untouched and undamaged by the grime of the city. This looks like it might be it.

 No.693767

>>693766
"Well, this certainly looks to bee-" he giggles softly "- the place. Seems intuition served me well enough… now. How should we approach this? I am certainly not expecting we will be able to walk inside without resistance. Should we take a moment or two to look around, and 'case' the building?"

 No.693768

>>693767

Cutlass groans at the pun. "Just for that, I'm not listening to you."

>>693766

Cutlass walks up to the building. She tries to front door.

 No.693769

>>693766
Cloud looks up a the marble building, wary and not stepping forward.
"So, is this place abandoned or are we gonna have to fight off another swarm of guards?"

 No.693770

>>693766
>>693767
"Sounds like a good idea. You'd think a place like a bank would be more abuzz with activity."
Perhaps not realizing her own pun, she sets off to inspect around the outside of the building, not liking the lack of activity.

>Searching around for anything that seems off

>Able to see/target stealthed/hidden enemies if there are any nearby
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.693771

>>693768
"O-Oh! S-Sincerest apologies, Captain!" he chirps out, before starting to look around the building. He takes the occasional chance to peer into windows, trying to get a feel for the building, and what they might've set up as some manner of protection
>Master Thief [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.693772

>>693769

"Supposedly, this is where more potential allies should be hiding."

 No.693773

>>693766
"Why don't we just cut up a bunch of flowers and bring em to these guys if'n we need pollen?"

Steve walks shield in front of him to be prepared for an ambush.

"I don't know they don't seem too hostile to me."

 No.693774

>>693773
>>693768
The carved oak doors part easily for Cutlass. The inside of the bank seems abandoned; desks and cubicles and stools lay untouched, and not too badly out of order.

However, Cutlass soon finds a sign of life, in the form of a large bumblebee behind one of the teller windows – large being a relative term. This is a genuine bumblebee, about the size of a baseball. He's got on a white coat and a set of large glasses. He seems to be counting small flower-buds of varying color, from white to violet, on the desk beside him, and making notes in a ledger fit for a pony.

>>693771
>>693770
>>693769
After inspecting the exterior of the building by scoping out the alleys that surround it, you find little of note but trash. It seems to be safe. Cerulean soon finds a half-open bag, apparently abandoned in someone's mad dash to safety. Inside are some pictures of a young beepony, some shirts and trousers, and a small knife with an ornate handle styled like a beehive.

 No.693775

>>693772
"Allies? I thought we were getting supplies and cash."

>>693774
With the coast clear, Cloud heads inside the bank.

 No.693776

>>693774

Cutlass stares at the bee for a moment with a raised eyebrow. "Are there any ponies here?" she asks the bee in a confused tone.

 No.693777

>>693775

"Do you EVER pay attention?" Cutlass says haughtily. "We're looking here for more ponies to join our cause because this would be a defensible place to hide. Therefore, this is the most likely place to find them."

 No.693778

>>693774
Alder heads inside the bank as well, and begins to look around for anything of note.
>Search: [1d10]
>>693777
"Perhaps in the vault, in that case?"

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.693779

>>693777
"A lot has been going on lately, it's hard to pay attention to everything. Especially after being attacked."

 No.693780

>>693774
Cerulean grabs the bag and its contents, thinking there might be something about them. Hearing the doors open, she goes inside with the others.

>>693777
"Hey, Cutlass," Cerulean calls out to her, "I found something shiny and neato."
She takes out the beehive-decorated dagger.
"Know anything about this? You seem to know more about all this bee stuff."

 No.693781

>>693780

"Just looks like a fancy dagger to me," Cutlass shrugs. "If you don't want it, I could add it to my collection."

 No.693782


>>693774
"See they do use flowerheads!"

Steve approaches the teller yelling to try and make sure the little guy can hear his big pony voice.

"Where can we find flowerheads like these?"

 No.693783

>>693781
"Oh, thought it might've been important. Sorry to bother ya."

 No.693784

>>693775
>>693776
>>693778
>>693780
The bumble-banker polishes his glasses on a rag as Alder and Cloud enter. Alder notes that there's a vault door in the back behind the teller counter, and could easily be reached.

The bumble-banker sighs with resignation and speaks with a thick accent reminiscent of Prench. "Of course there are. I let them in a while ago when the bloody inspections began, conscientious objectors and those without the heart to get involved in another pointless war. By your look, you are pirates, and by the sounds of gunfire and running I heard earlier, you're at odds with the Queens. So, before you ask, I won't tell you where they are."

>>693782
"I doubt you have an account with us," the bumble-banker says. "You could try getting a job, were the government not attempting to exterminate all who lived here."

>>693780
"Give me a minute and I'll inspect it. Probably, it's magic," Bee Holder says, walking into the bank after you do. You see the rest of the crew outside scoping out the nearby streets, shantying up buildings handily and peering inside for any Guards or possible recruits.

 No.693785

>>693784
"Whoa, an actual bee, that can talk."
Cloud says, dumbfounded at the sight.
"Come on, can't you tell us where they are? We're trying to help them."
Cloud asks about the ponies.
>Persuasion [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.693786

>>693784
"Oh, sure," she says, handing the dagger to Bee Holder, "there was also these shirts and this picture as well."
She shows said items from the bag.

 No.693787

>>693784

"This isn't a war," Cutlass says angrily. "This is a fight for our lives. I know you don't get that. You're not being hunted. But, I'm trying to save them. The only chance we have here is if we work together. So, let me talk to them. You don't have the right to decide how we should save our lives when yours isn't at risk."

>Whisper in your Ear [1d10]


Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.693788

>>693784
Alder peers at the vault door curiously as Cutlass and Cloud talk to the teller, trying to figure how difficult it would be to open, in case they ca't manage to convince the teller otherwise.

>>693784
Alder cocks his head to the side, and hums a little "Strange… I wonder why, though?"

 No.693789

>>693786
Bee Holder rifles through the bag. "Judging by the size of the clothes, probably belonged to someone trying to get to his daughter. Poor bastard."

Bee Holder unsheathes the knife; the blade is triangular, thin, black and hooked at the end, and has rings etched into it, each a few centimeters apart. The hooked end starts to turn of its own accord until it points to a jar of honey hidden slightly behind a bookshelf next to the bumble-banker.
"Well! That'll be handy," Bee Holder says. "A honey detector."

>>693785
>>693787
>>693788
"Save them? It sounds more to me like you just want another set of fools you can use as live shields from stinger-fire," the bumble-banker says. "…But I've heard some of the same, lately, from one fellow on the inside. Maybe your lunacy might speak to him. I won't let you leave with anyone but him. Is this agreeable?"

>>693788
Though it doesn't seem necessary now, it would probably take you about an hour to break in: The locks seem complicated at a distance.

 No.693790

>>693789
"Honey detector? Sounds rather handy, I would say." he comments, before shrugging a little bit to the teller "Seeing him could be useful, yes. Thank you."

 No.693791

>>693789
"That works for me."
Cloud agrees.

 No.693792

>>693789
"Oh wow, that is pretty neat. So wait…is honey what they use for money around here? Or…," she tilts her head, "is it like a drug or something?"

 No.693793

>>693789

"No, that's not agreeable," Cutlass says angrily. "I'll leave with whoever wants to go with me. It's not your place to decide what they want."

"Yes, we need 'live shields'," Cutlass says with quotation hooves. "We also need ponies to fire weapons and cover each other's backs. Because that's how combat works. Not everyone makes it. But, even fewer make it when they don't help each other. Everyone will die if we don't get help. Or, a few can die so most can live."

"I'm not here to kidnap ponies. You bees already did that. I'm just here to tell them this is their best bet for getting out of this alive."

>Whisper in your Ear [1d10]


Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.693794

>>693792
"I'd… imagine it was money? Bees produce and store it. Then again… Hmm."

 No.693795

>>693792
"Honey is a food, first and foremost, but can also be used as a medium for magic," Bee Holder says. "I don't know how it works already, but spells can be sorta… stored in the honey that comes from this island. A lot of mages from the island will use it to make their spells last longer and harder to dispel. Unfortunately, it results in the honey tasting terrible."

>>693794
>>693792
"Pollen is our currency, and we store it in these flowers," the bumble-banker explains. "Buuut, we don't expect everyone to deal in it. Gold can be taken just as well here, as it's a popular inter-island currency."

>>693790
>>693791
>>693793
"They came here precisely because they wanted to avoid your kind," the bumble-banker counters. "Reckless fools who think that with enough blood, greed and ideology, that they can take the world for themselves. No, you'll take him alone, or you'll take nobody from me, and that's that. Trust me when I say you'll get along well. Or perhaps you won't, being that you're so alike."

 No.693796

>>693795
"Pollen? Alright, then." he says, making note to keep an eye out for any more pollen in the future.He winces at the failed attempt to push things a little further, and decides not to press it anymore. He figures that, if needbe, they can make their way back in here later, or force their way out.

 No.693797

>>693795

"Avoid our kind? You mean people trying to save them? Greed has no factor in this. Ideology is irrelevant. I'll say it again, this is about SURVIVAL."

"Now you listen to me, you insect," Cutlass says more angrily. "The greedy one here is you. You think I don't see how your mind works? You don't want us to win because you know when the queens are gone, your little economy will crash. Then, what will happen to your precious bank? Well, in case it's not clear, I don't give a FUCK about this island!" she curses like a sailor, letting her piratiness out.

"I don't give a fuck about your economy. I don't give a fuck about who runs this gods damned pile of shit once I'm gone. What the fuck do I have to be greedy about here? What the fuck do I have to gain besides my own fucking life? Once I'm free, I'm never going to touch this shitty rock ever again. That's all I want. That's all anyone here wants. And, if anyone is going to get that, then we all need to help each other," As Cutlass finishes her rant, her voice goes from anger to desperation.

"Please," she adds to the end, her voice cracking. At this point, the aura in her voice is more an involuntary result of the passion in her words than an attempt to manipulate the bee.

[1d10] Whisper in your Ear

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.693798

>>693793
>>693795
("Hey, just agree to this so we can get in there. Once we're in the vault who cares what this bee thnks.")
Cloud whispers to Cutlass.

>>693795
Cloud's ears perk as he hears about the magic-boosting honey.
"Can they do that with any honey, or just honey from here?"
Cloud asks with interest.

 No.693799

>>693798

Cutlass huffs as she calms down. "I probably should… But, he makes me so angry!"

 No.693800

>>693795
"Hrm… I wonder if I could make use of the honey in my remedies. Perhaps it would be worth gathering some honey for later."

 No.693801

>>693795
Cerulean looks pretty surprised that something so tasty can be used for something so versatile.
"Shame it makes it taste bad, but still, that's pretty neat. Too bad I'm not good at that magic mumbo jumbo stuff."

 No.693802

>>693799
"You really should work on that short fuse of yours."
Cloud chides at her continued arguing with the bumblebee.

 No.693803

>>693801
>>693798
"Just from this island, as far as I know," Bee Holder says. "But from my travels, I've seen other substances used for that purpose, like candle wax or changeling goop."

>>693796
>>693797
>>693798
The bumble-banker, taken aback by the sudden outburst, falls silent, mulling over the protests while fiddling with his ledger. Resigning himself with a sigh, he floats over to the vault and retrieves a very tiny key from his pocket, inserting it into an equally tiny keyhole. As the key turns, the vault door opens, revealing a hall of well-lit rooms, full of cushions and couches, as well as people of varying races. Most look well-dressed and ill-suited for combat, probably the merchants, bankers, artisans and whatever other upper-class people were in Potnia before the purges began.

The people inside freeze and turn to stare at you, white with fear. You seem to have caught them in the middle of eating, chatting and reading books; you suspect they've been lounging in here comfortably while Potnia burned outside.

 No.693804

>>693802

"Go fuck yourself," Cutlass says with a grin.

 No.693805

>>693803
"Really? All that stuff too? I should figure out how to do that, it'd come in great when we get ambushed again. You know anything more about this kinda stuff?"
Cloud asks Bee Holder.

>>693803
Cloud peers over as the vault opens, looking at the stunned ponies gathered inside.
"Hey, don't worry. We're just looking for volunteers. Or some donations, if you got anything to spare."
Cloud shouts over to help ease the tension.

 No.693806

>>693803
Alder looks over the assembled group inside, rather… unconvinced. He gives Cutlass a sideways glance, before asking "Are you sure they will come in handy? Most of them seem rather… ill-suited."

Alder also keeps an eye out for any good-looking bits of treasure to snatch- they are still on the challenge, of course.
>Master Thief: [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.693807

>>693803
>>693804
Cerulean looks around, then leans over to Cutlass.
"Call it a hunch, but I don't think these ponies could dog paddle to save their lives, let alone take part in this big revolution thing of yours."

With her thought said, she looks around the room as well, mostly at the food they are eating since that is the first thing her nose would pick up on.

 No.693808

>>693803

Cutlass looks around at everyone hiding in luxury. It all reminds her too much of home. A whole lot of rich ponies pretending like the world doesn't suck. They'd rather hide from the problems that will inevitably catch up to them than actually solve them. She swallows her disdain and speaks up.

"I don't know if you just heard that… argument outside," she says, gesturing to the entrance. "But, I'm not going to lie to you either way. I don't care for or about any of you. I don't like this island. I don't like that you all have just accepted this state of affairs."

"But, I don't need to like any of that. Because I loathe those bees," she says in a furious tone. "And, more importantly, our lives are in peril. This isn't a war for sovereignty or superiority. If you want those things, you can work that out after this mess is all over. I'm not here for that. I'm just here to help you save your own lives."

"And, they ARE in peril. I don't know how much you know about the current situation, but it's been proven that there is no salvation here. They've lulled you into complacency with lies of being allowed to eventually have something better. The only thing they have waiting for you when they allow you across the heat wave is a swift and gruesome death. They hunt us for sport. That's all we are to them. And now that we've found out the truth, they're trying to wipe us all out."

"You can't hide anymore. They'll find you eventually. And, when they do, what will you do? Just sit down and accept your own death? This isn't how any of us should die! At the very least, we should die protecting each other! And, we have a much greater chance of surviving in greater numbers!"

"So, we're moving on to the next city so we can find more comrades who can see the logical path here and help us protect each other. And eventually, we'll overthrow the bee queens who treat us like farm animals! I know that most of you aren't fighters. But, all the more reason you should come with us. When they come and we aren't around, who will protect you?"

Whisper in your Ear [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.693809

>>693807

"You of all people must understand how dangerous even the weakest of cornered animals can be."

 No.693810

>>693809
"Depends on the animal. If it's something like a squid or baracuda, then yeah, don't mess with them. But these ponies kinda remind me more of a baitball of sardines schooling around for protection and trying to dazzle my eyes than fight back."

 No.693811

>>693805
>>693806
>>693807
Most of the lot seem reluctant to join, and judging by their garb and lack of physical fitness, it's unlikely that they'd be much help, even in comparison to the scrawniest of the recruits so far. Bee Holder, Bent Scales and Cane Shuga seem unimpressed by what they see.

>>693806
>>693807
There are bags of money sitting in marked lockers on the walls, though getting to them while the room is well-lit like this would be extremely difficult, unless you don't care about getting caught.

Cerulean notes that there are bowls of fruit and dried fish upon many of the tables, far easier to get at.

>>693808
Many appear stirred on by your speech, thoroughly shaken as you usher in the stark reality that they had taken to the vault to hide. A few, even the older and more well-dressed, nervously stand. When these few look at each other and see that they aren't alone, inch forward.

However, your attention is drawn away from these few "brave" souls, at the sight of a smaller pony, a blonde stallion with a light blue gi. As he steps forward, the others shrink away, looking at him the way one would a murderer. He stops before Cerulean with a quiet smile, then waves without a word.
"Hello?" Chiu asks.
The pony waves again, still grinning.

 No.693812

>>693811
Cerulean licks her lips at the sight of the dried fish, but the pony stopping just before her has her immediate attention. Her head tilts as she tries to figure what he may be wanting, but settles on waving back silently as well, also grinning.

 No.693813

>>693811
Cloud looks to the stallion who steps forward silently.
"That must be the pony the bee was talking about."
Cloud glances up as other that were rallied before begin to back.
"Looks like we are getting only him."

 No.693814

>>693810

"Well, your metaphor fits," Cutlasss responds. "Sardines and other such fish stay together because alone they stand no chance against their predators. But, together, at least some of them survive."

>>693811

"You'll help us, then?" Cutlass asks with a raised eyebrow.

"What about the rest of you?" she asks, looking toward the others. "Why do you pause?"

 No.693815

>>693811
Alder frowns a little bit at the potential gains, but is distracted by the brightly-colored stallion in the brightly-colored gi. He offers a bit of a wave in response, and looks to one of the other vault-dwellers to ask "So, what is the deal with this one? You seem rather… unsettled."

 No.693816

>>693814

As Cutlass addresses the little pony, her eyes glow a dim grey.

>Soul Sight on little weird pony [1d10]


Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.693817

>>693812
>>693813
>>693814
>>693815
All eyes settle on the blonde pony.
"No! Don't get us wrong: We really would like to help," one merchant says. "B-but I don't know how much we would be able to do for you, not when we're so far below your level."
Several of the merchants nod and echo similar fears. "None of us even have any combat tra–"

The blonde pony turns and looks at them with disappointment, the kind a child would show if they were unexpectedly called home from playing. The merchants freeze. "Ah. Uh, we'll go, we'll go. And any money you need, any expenses or bribes, we'll cover them."

The others nod their assent. Though Kling-Klang gulps nervously, Bee Holder smiles in approval. "Good work, Cutlass!"

 No.693818

>>693816
Only murk surrounds the pony; you cannot peer into his desires just yet.

 No.693819

>>693817
"How about just give us some sup—"
Cloud starts, before they all quickly change their mind at the stallion's glance.
"I like this guy, he's making this pretty easy."

 No.693820

>>693817
"Oh! Well, that is a rather… interesting change of opinion. If you could help us with finding a thing or two, and possibly greasing some hinges, that would work well. Maybe some better armaments for the rebels?" he offers, looking to Cutlass curiously "Can you think of anything they might want or need? You have been here longer than the rest of us, of course."

 No.693821

>>693817

"You all sound like you'll be very useful for utility purposes. We'll do our best to protect you in combat," Cutlass says thankfully.

"Gather whatever essentials you need, we're leaving in 15 minutes. If any of you have or know of a means of transporting large amounts of equipment and supplies, that'd be great."

With that, Cutlass turns and heads back out of the bank. But, before she leaves, she points to the weird pony. "You. Come with me. I want to talk to you."

 No.693822

>>693817
Cerulean's grin gets wider as she sees everyone responding to the silent gestures of this gi-wearing pony.
"I like this guy. He's clearly the alpha of this bunch, and doesn't have to say anything neither. Got a name? Mine is Cerulean."

 No.693823

>>693819
>>693820
>>693821
The room quickly fills with motion as the soft, weak-willed merchants quickly move about the room, scooping up possessions into bags, tossing together provisions. Many of them clearly gather more than they can carry, finding it difficult to prepare for war after what you imagine are lifetimes of excess.

In this chaos, you suddenly remember your bet. It'd be easy pickings with everyone running about like this. Kling-Klang, Bent Scales, Chiu and Cane Shuga all look at each other, clearly remembering it as well.

>>693822
>>693821
The pony (soft tan coat, blonde mane, blue gi with a black undershirt) walks with Cerulean and Cutlass. He makes no attempt to speak, write or sign. However, he taps his head, and you see it surround with a light pink aura. He pulls some of the aura off his head, and offers it to the two of you.

 No.693824

>>693823

Cutlass looks at him with an amused smile and touches the aura with her hoof.

 No.693825

>>693823
"Woah, neat," she says, easily impressed by the aura trick. Getting the hint, she happily touches the aura, wanting to see more cool stuff.

 No.693826

>>693823
Alder hums a little bit, and looks around the room. He hasn't forgotten, so he tries to go for the most expensive things he can spot. Hopefully, his sharp eyes come in handy for this.
>Master Thief [1d10] (picking out the higher value items.)

Alder looks over to the gi-wearing pony, and taps him on the shoulder lightly "Oh! You can use aura, too? It seems to be more common the further we go on. What does yours do, exactly?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.693827

>>693826
Not spotting anything of particular note, the griffon just goes to snag some shinier-looking things.
>Time for snaggin'! [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.693828

>>693823
Cloud looks over as the other's sharing knowing glances. A bank is the perfect place, though he regrets not having anything to sneak loot off in. His ears perk as he listens to all the shifting as he casually walks into the crowd to get an edge, and a bag of some kind.
>Looting [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.693829

>>693824
>>693825
>>693826
In response to Alder's touch, the pony offers him some of the aura as well.
>If Alder does not touch the aura, then he can disregard this part:
As you touch it , a chill settles over the back of your neck, pleasantly cool, yet also unsettling and foreign.
Make Believe is my name, a voice says from within your head. We're now linked. You can use this to talk to me or each other whenever you want. May I know your names as well?

>>693826
>>693828
>>693827
It looks like most of the highest-value stuff is being looted already; the merchants' sudden packing is setting off a subtle panic in the room, and now everyone is trying to fill his pockets before the treasure's all gone. In the midst of the madness, Alder pockets a shiny emerald ring and a clawful of pearl necklaces, while Cloud makes off with a bag of gold coins.

The other pirates don't waste the opportunity for thievery:
Chiu [1d10]
BS [1d10]
KK [1d10]
CS [1d10]
BH [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 9 = 9 / Roll #4 3 = 3 / Roll #5 3 = 3

 No.693830

>>693829
Cerulean has a shiver run down her spine, even making her tail jitter and shake as she feels like she hit a cold spot while trench diving.
Woah, this is like…a big room where a bunch of people can talk about anything, huh? Oh, and my name is Cerulean Splash! Nice to meet ya, Make Believe. So hey, how'd ya get all those other ponies following you like a school of jacks following a baracuda?

 No.693831

>>693829
"W-Woah. I suppose this is the only way you can speak, then, or do you just not prefer to speak normally? And… I am called Alder, of Tribe Frostclaw. It is good to meet you." he says, making note of the unsettling sensation.

 No.693832

>>693829
Cloud smirks at his successful grab, though his eyes still scan around. He looks at his bag, some of it will disappear in that deal he made for the genie, so he'll need to push his luck to avoid ship cleaning duty. He works his way through the crowd again, taking the long way around to get back to the door and seeing if he can pick up anything dropped or overlooked.
>Sneaky Bat Snatch [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.693833

>>693829

How interesting. I am Captain Cutlass, it is a pleasure to meet you. Can you not talk normally?

Now that Cutlass has connected to him, she tries to use Soul Sight again. [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.693834

>>693830
I don't quite know! Make Believe thinks with a laugh. Actually, that was a lie. I think they've heard about my other ability. People usually react like that.

>>693831
>>693833
I told too many lies when I was a kid, and so they took my voice, he thinks casually, as if discussing lunch. But, with Aura, it wasn't hard to get around that.

>>693833
His heart is utterly clouded, yet you feel a sense of innocence about it. So, Captain, where we headed? What can I do for you?
As he asks his question, he walks calmly through the greedy madness, and hands out little aura orbs to the other members of the Beesting's crew.

>>693832
Much of the wealth is disappearing before your very eyes – all you manage to grab now is a gold ring for a unicorn's horn, but it lacks any gemstones atop it. You see that all the other pirates besides Cane Shuga and Bee Holder have made off with quite a haul of their own.

Chiu comes up to you with her own bag full of gold cups. "Phew! I almost got my horn taken off a bit there! What'd you get?"

 No.693835

>>693834
"I got a nice bag of coins."
Cloud says, jingling the bag in bragging.
"And, I got a nice little something for you."
Cloud says as he flips up the ring in his hoof.

 No.693836

>>693834
Cerulean raises a brow at that.
Hey now, you can't just say something like that and expect me to not ask what that other ability is, she says with a laugh of her own, but sorry if I seem nosy and junk. This aura stuff is just so new and so cool, I just wanna know as much as I can about it, ya know?

 No.693837

>>693834

I assume you're good in a fight? We're headed north. To Aristar.

 No.693838

>>693834
Alder packs away his own keeps with a pleased little warble, before looking to the others "Seems like I was not alone in capitalizing there, was I?"

He looks back to Make Believe, and nods in agreement with Cerulean You can't seriously expect us to not ask what it is you can do. Is it that scary?

 No.693839

>>693838
>>693836
Hey, c'mon guys, it's not fair that I should have to show you both my abilities when I don't even know yours! Besides, it's not as fun just talking about them. Tell you what: Let's get in a game with an enemy, then we can see each other in action!

>>693835
Chiu whistles and slips the ring around her horn. "I love a bit of bling." She glances at the ring, and cheekily taps one side of it. "No diamond?"

>>693837
Oh, I don't really like to fight, but I'll come along anyway if everyone else is.

>>693837
>>693836
>>693835
>>693838
Soon enough, the merchants have emptied their lockers (and presumably, many others' as well). About six have decided to come with you, while the rest remain behind. However, you suspect that the sheer wealth they're bringing is going to massively boost your power in the upcoming struggles with the Bee Queens.

Bee Holder stuffs her pockets with a few more coins. "Alright everyone, enough talk! We've got to get moving extra quick to make up for the time we spent here!"

People start to file out of the small vault, bearing much money. All the pirates start sizing one another up enviously, each assuring himself that he'll win the bet.

"I kinda wish I was a pirate," Droplet says. "You guys have so much fun."

 No.693840

>>693839
Ooo, yeah, that does sound more fun to do it that way. I knew I had a good feeling about you.

>>693839
"Why wish," she asks simply, looking back somewhat confused, "you're kinda tagging along with us, soooo…."
She looks at Droplet expectantly.

 No.693841

>>693839
"I'm just getting started babe. Not gonna wrestle out the best scraps off these ponies when I'll be getting you queen duds later."
Cloud boasts.

 No.693842

>>693839

"Alright everyone! Let's get moving!" Cutlass calls out to the ponies still packing. And, with that, she starts marching back out of town.

"No one is stopping you," Cutlass says to Droplet at her comment about wanting to be a pirate.

>>693841

"Stop stealing from my army," Cutlass grumbles in a disgruntled tone.

 No.693843

>>693839
Seems good enough to me, I suppose. It does not seem like we will have to wait long, considering the circumstances. he 'says', with a short giggle.

Alder looks over to Droplet, and offers a bit of a shrug "Well, Cerulean is right. You are already tagging along, yes? That is sort of how I ended up on the ship. I needed transport, and… I just sort of stayed. "

 No.693844

>>693842
"Give me a good reason why I should."
Cloud says back in a cocky tone.

 No.693845

>>693843
>>693840
>>693842
"I would, but I've got my day job to think about: Murder," Droplet grumbles.
"Why not do it as a part-time?" Zerk asks.
Droplet's jaw slowly drops. Apparently he did not consider this.

>>693841
>>693842
"I feel like there'll be plenty diamonds we can steal from the Bee Queens, enough for all of us," Chiu says, squeezing Cloud's arm.

>>693840
>>693841
>>693842
>>693843
As you head outside, you find that the pirates are still standing guard, standing on rooftops and squatting in alleys, looking for traps or assassins. It's lightly raining, and darkening clouds overhead suggest that the rain will get worse soon. Ossie meets you near the steps outside the entrance. "No encounters to report, Captains. We weren't attacked, don't appear to be spied on and nobody has reported any illness or strange side effects from getting stung. All the more worrying if you ask me."
"If we're done here, we need to get on the way to the northern half of the island," Sparkler says. "Aristar awaits us."
"Now… do we try to go along from the coast by boat, or do we go straight through?" Paraiba asks.

 No.693846

>>693844

"Because my shadow may or may not be capable of killing you right now," Cutlass retorts in an equally cocky tone.

>>693845

"There's plenty of pay to be had in being a pirate," Cutlass responds to Droplet.

>>693845

"Good, then get it yourself," Cutlass says haughtily to Chiu.

>>693845

"Coast," Cutlass answers. "We don't want to run into that… thing again."

 No.693847

>>693845
"Mmhmm! You may even be able to combine the two. Just, how you surfacers say, don't light your candle on both sides?"

>>693845
>>693846
"'That thing?' What thing? I'll follow ya, but you're just really making me curious about lots of stuff with our time apart."

 No.693848

>>693847

"To be honest… I'm not sure. It was invisible. And rotting. And massive. And had hands. And spikes came out of it."

Cutlass shakes her head. "That thing is what made me realize we needed an army to stand any chance here. But, I don't think our fighting force is ready yet."

 No.693849

>>693845
"Diamonds are probably the cheapest things we'll find from queens who run a whole island."

>>693845
"We did buy some insurance, though I don't know if it's valid after that fight we went through. And I'd rather not head back to the docks past those bees that drained that other pony we passed."

>>693846
"Psh, shadows don't scare me. I ave my own protective ones too."
Cloud scoffs.

 No.693850

>>693848
Cerulean listens intently, almost sounding pumped to fight something like that, until her brain threw up some red flags and she replayed to the description in her mind.
"Wait…it was invisible…but you could see all that other stuff?"

 No.693851

>>693845
"Yeah, a part-time job could work. I am certain there is plenty of space on the ship for you, if you would be willing to consider it."

>>693846
"Shadow capable of killing him? Some form of magiv, or an aura thing like what the rest of us are capable of?" he asks, leaning in curiously
"Invisible? Do you mean, like, it was not there normally?"

 No.693852

>>693851
>>693849
>>693846
>>693847
"Now, now, hang on," Bee Holder says. "We've got the Beesting, and you've got your ship, whatever it's named. We're going to have to split up in order to take both ships, unless we want to just pile into one or the other. My instinct is that we'll want the extra firepower from having both ships. If we choose that, we'll have to figure out who's going where. Cutlass? What do you think about that?"

>>693849
>>693846
"Pffft. Shadows," Chiu laughs. "Is that all?"
"Don't make fun of our powers," Ossie says, lightly offended.
"No, no, I wasn't!" Chiu says. "I was just laughing, cause I can command shadows too!"
Ossie scrunches her nose. "Well… don't use any of Cutlass'. Those belong to the Gates of Justice."

>>693850
>>693851
The minotaur from earlier growls and shudders. "It was invisible until it grabbed me, then I could see its aura, just faintly. It's not an experience I'd recommend if you value being able to sleep at night."

>Paused

 No.693853

>>693852
Alder looks to Bee Holder and hums thoughtfully "Good point. Perhaps try to split us up based upon what we can do? That way, each side has a good balance of ability.:

>>693852
Alder hums a little bit, and after a pause, sticks his tongue out "I suppose Aura may not always be completely unique, then? I wonder if you use them differently."

>>693852
Alder shivers in response to the minotaur's comment, and frowns. "Sounds rather unsettling, indeed."

 No.693854

>>693852
>>693849

"So, you all have shadow powers then," Cutlass laughs. "How does it feel being unoriginal?"

>>693850
>>693851

"It was… confusing…" Cutlass responds to them. "I never saw it all at once. Parts of it would be visible for a moment, then be gone again. It moved unnaturally quickly for its size. In fact, now that I think about it, it not always being fully physical may explain the odd phenomenon," Cutlass looks to Alder.

"But no…" she continues to think out loud. "We first encountered it by chance. One of us was suddenly grasped by seemingly nothing and lifted into the air. When I tried to free him, I was able to see the hand around him. Then… there were spikes…"

Cutlass looks disgusted. "I don't remember much after that… The fight didn't go well…"

 No.693855

>>693854
"I don't, she does."
Cloud says, gesturing to Chiu.
"Unoriginal coming from the mare who just throws knives."

 No.693856

>>693854
Cerulean looks slightly unnerved for once, but she was also held with fascination.
"Woah, sounds like something a monster tale the elderly would say to keep kids from swimming down too deep in the dark waters."
She shivers a bit, clearly having been told a few before and, more than likely, believing them even to this day.
"Well, you got a bigger school with you now, so maybe it won't be so bad if we run into it again…or it into us."

 No.693857

>>693854
"Yes, that would make sense. If your aura powers were not fully awakened, you might only be able to see the creature on contact. Perhaps some sort of Aura Beast?" he muses, before shrugging "Regardless, I do not envy your experience. We had some rather unsettling encounters with a… demon, of sorts. Some sort of creature brought upon by a rather… bizarre night. That was how our powers awoke, actually. How did yours come about?"

 No.693858

>>693856

"I'm sure we could beat it, but the losses would be too large for so early on in our campaign."

>>693857

"I THINK it has something to do with that odd and disgusting parasite that resides inside the bees. It looked and smelled as if it was rotting. I don't know why but I had the general impression it was made from many dead bodies."

>>693855

"Knife tossing is just one of my many talents," Cutlass brags. "Also, I don't 'throw' them. I LAUNCH them. Then, with my telekinesis, they come back to me. Like a perfect storm of many tiny blades of death."

 No.693859

>>693858
"Hmm…maybe. Though I guess we'll just have to deal with it as it comes then, I guess. I wouldn't mind just taking it out and be done with it, maybe even have a big fight story to tell everyone to rile them up and junk," she begins, eyes lighting up with excitement at such a prospect, but then composes herself, "though, I guess that's why I'm not the one in charge, huh? Hahah."

 No.693860

>>693858
"So you're some sort of knife juggling carny at a circus then."

 No.693861

>>693858
"Right, the parasites. I assume that was not your first encounter with them, then? What exactly do they do? Do you have any idea?"

 No.693862

>>693860

"Oh please. My talents are far more cerebral," Cutlass says with a grin.

>>693859

"I'd say the fight we just went through was good enough for story telling and building morale."

>>693861

"I've seen the bees die before that fight. I'd seen what was inside them. I had no idea it was so… dangerous, though. I have no idea what it's doing in there. But I have a feeling it's the cause of the odd behavior."

"There are many documented cases of parasites which infect hosts - usually insects - and affect the behavior of the host. This may be one such extreme case."

 No.693863

>>693862
"That is a terrifying concept, to be sure. In that case, it was likely a good idea we separated them from the other rebels. It is a shame my remedies did nothing, though… maybe we can work on a cure here? I was curious if the honey would work as an enhancer."

 No.694122

Post sheets

 No.694123


 No.694124

File: 1519872221529.webm (2.38 MB, 400x220, Initial Curry In A Hurry.webm)


 No.694125


 No.694126


 No.694127

Last time on PQ…

After shaking down the Bumble-Banker who guarded a vault full of merchants, the combined crews of the Beesting and Cutlass' forces recruited many merchants. Though they would likely be no good in a fight, their vast wealth and expertise in bartering would be greatly useful. In addition, they recruited Make Believe, a mute young pony in martial arts garb. He was, however, regarded with much suspicion and fear by the merchants, so much so that a mere look from Make Believe was enough to coax them into submission.

Now, they had to make their way to Aristar so as to confront the Bee Queens; by land, they would undoubtedly confront more of the parasite-infected Zombees that nearly killed Puddin Tame and Cutlass, and by sea, they would likely have to deal with both rogue pirate crews and the threat of the Queens' naval forces.

 No.694128

>for the whole party
"Now, now, hang on," Bee Holder says. "We've got the Beesting, and you've got your ship, whatever it's named. We're going to have to split up in order to take both ships, unless we want to just pile into one or the other. My instinct is that we'll want the extra firepower from having both ships. If we choose that, we'll have to figure out who's going where. Cutlass? What do you think about that?"

>>694123
>>694125
"Pffft. Shadows," Chiu laughs. "Is that all?"
"Don't make fun of our powers," Ossie says, lightly offended.
"No, no, I wasn't!" Chiu says. "I was just laughing, cause I can command shadows too!"
Ossie scrunches her nose. "Well… don't use any of Cutlass'. Those belong to the Gates of Justice."

>>694124
>>694126
The minotaur from earlier growls and shudders. "It was invisible until it grabbed me, then I could see its aura, just faintly. It's not an experience I'd recommend if you value being able to sleep at night."

 No.694129

>>694128
"Why not just have everypony go back to their original ship?"
Cloud suggests.

>>694128
"Heh, sounds like Cutlass is trying to copy us in her new crew."
Cloud jests at the mirror match of shadow users.

 No.694130

>>694128
>>694129
"Cloud Shear has a sound decision. Unless, you would want one of us along, Captain Cutlass?"

 No.694131

>>694128
"Hmm…well, taking naps in the shade of an octopus' garden is something I find REALLY relaxing, so…yeah, maybe you have a point," Cerulean thinks aloud.

 No.694132

>>694128

"Okay, hold on now!" Cutlass interjects at Ossie's argument. "My shadow does not BELONG to the Gate's of Justice!"

>>694129
>>694130

"The only issue is that my ship was last anchored a fair bit away from here. Hopefully my crew has been competent enough to move it around to this side of the island."

>>694129

"I didn't choose the powers people have!" Cutlass objects.

 No.694133

>>694129
"Well, there are many disciplines of shadow manipulation magic," Chiu says. "My family's originated in shadow puppet shows back in ancient Chineigh, or at least that's what they tell us."

"It's just like all the different brands of 'fire magic' across the world," Ossie adds. "Pick any tradition, and I guarantee there'll be no two mages who use it the same way."

"Should we reveal all our abilities too?" Droplet asks.
"Why would we do that?" Ossie asks, appalled. "We're assassins."
"Yes, but it'd be helpful to have everyone on the same page on what we can do." Droplet reasons.
"You're just afraid you're not as original as they are," Ossie counters.

>>694132
"Well, it's not like you can even use it," Droplet says. "I could pay you for it if you still feel like you own it."

>>694130
>>694131
>>694129
>>694132
After hearing everyone's discussion, Sparkler raises her hoof. "I'll take about a quarter of our forces and head to the coast where our ship was last, and tell them where the dock is. We'll meet you there, then we can split up on to separate ships."

Sparkler starts to pick out a few of your forces (which currently total about 90 altogether, between the forces of the Beesting, Cutlass' ship, Squatz, Paraiba and Zerk, Puddin Tame, Make Believe, and all the other recruits). Once she's got a small detachment, she starts heading south. "I'll be back with you in about an hour, I think."

 No.694134

Also there's Godot, Plague, Schnitzel and Miss Sunshine on Cutlass' ship as well.

 No.694135

>>694133

"You know…" Cutlass says in sarcastic recollection to Ossie and Droplet. "I seem to remember asking you two to STOP talking about the whole Gates of Justice assassin thing! The way you two blabber on, we might as well just name our pirate crew the Secret Assassins!"

"Thank you," Cutlass says to Sparkler, rubbing her temple in exasperation. "We'll meet you at the Beesting's Ship."

 No.694136

>>694133
"That sounds doable, yes." he remarks, before looking to the others "So, now, do we return to the docks ourselves? Or should we keep looking for others around here?"

 No.694137

>>694133
Cerulean just looks amongst the the others and awaits what they're about to do next, not really having any thoughts about the situation currently.

 No.694138

>>694132
"Yea but you picked them. You must've missed us."

>>694133
"You gotta admit it's pretty coincidental though that both our groups have shadow users."

"I got weather and size magic, just give me a heads up if you want to plan around that."


>>694133
"So we gonna wait here or get back to our ship?"
Cloud questions.

 No.694139

>>694138
>[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.694140

>>694138

"Honestly… I didn't have much choice," Cutlass grumbles.

 No.694141

>>694136
Dice gods demand a [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.694142

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.694143

>>694135
"He's the one who keeps bragging about it!" Ossie deflects, pointing at Droplet. "What do you expect from a guy who kicks down the front door whenever he has to go kill?"
Droplet strokes his chin. "Secret Assassins… intriguing. I like it! It's very deceptive. What will our jolly roger look like?"

>>694138
"It's like showing up to a party of the year wearing the same thing as another mare," Ossie remarks.
"I can't tell you how many times I've run into that problem," Chiu sighs.

>>694136
>>694137
>>694135
>>694138
"Right, let's not keep them waiting," Bee Holder says, leading the way back to the Beesting. First, you make your way to the Heatwave, and Cutlass again uses the honeycomb-shaped identification core to open a hole in the aurora-colored barrier. You make your way through the ruined northern half of Potnia, and eventually return to the docks, where your ship is still moored, seemingly safe and secure. However, as the crew starts to climb aboard, they sense that something feels off. It's not apparent what the cause is, just yet: Nothing on the deck seems to be missing, or out of place or strange. Yet, you cannot shake this bizarre feeling.

 No.694144

>>694143
Cloud keeps on guard as they make the walk back to the ship, wary as they pass through town just like that last pony did before being attacked and drained.

Stepping aboard the ship, Cloud stays on deck near the rails.
"Hey, I think we should get somepony to check out below decks or something. I know we got that insurance but I don't want to walk into a trap if I want to go take a nap or something."

 No.694145

>>694143

"A skull with two knives going through its eyes," Cutlass answers with angry sarcasm.

"Wait- no! No no no!" she suddenly adds. "We're not actually doing that! That's the stupidest name I've ever heard!"

>>694143

"You're tastes just aren't expensive enough," Cutlass brags to Chiu.

>>694143

Cutlass simply assumes it is herself that is out of place. After all, she barely knows the ship.

 No.694146

>>694143
>>694144
"Oh, you feel kinda weird too, huh? I think I'll check things out, if ya want."

With that, Cerulean goes down below deck, looking around for anything that may seem off or out-of-the-ordinary.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.694147

>>694143
"Secret Assassins sounds… kind of dumb, to be frank. If you like it, feel free." he comments, before nodding to the others
>>694146
>>694144
"Agreed, I do not like the feel of this." he comments, before hurrying off after Cerulean to look below deck
>Perception: [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.694148

>>694147

"No more dumb than 'Beestings," Cutlass says defensively. "N-not that we're going to call ourselves the Secret Assassins!"

 No.694149

>>694148
Alder offers a bit of a shrug, and continues to follow Cerulean "What name, then?"

 No.694150

>>694149

"I don't know…" Cutlass sighs. "I've been through so many…"

 No.694151

>>694147
>>694145
"With two… knives…" Droplet says, jotting down your instructions in a small notebook. "Don't sell yourself short, captain, I think this will be greatly intimidating to any rival pirates, or the Crimson King's thugs. It shows we're not anyone to cross paths with."

"Just go with it – the more you resist, the more he likes to tease," Ossie says with a laugh.

>>694145
You notice Chiu wrap her arm around Cloud, while pretending to ignore your remark.

>>694146
>>694144
>>694147
You and your fellow crewmates peer around, checking in boxes and in bags, peeking in any small cupboard or under any chair or table they come across. It isn't until the search is almost over that Alder notices a bright spot of color hanging from one sailor's hammock. It appears to be a tour guide book of Kaco Island, from its outside cover, as the island is depicted in full on its front, as well as many cruise ships by the vibrant, populous docks.

 No.694152

>>694151

"So I lose either way…" Cutlass grumbles in response to Ossie.

"Well, I suppose the Jolly Roger is at least pretty good…"

Then, she leers at Chiu before turning away.

 No.694153

>>694150
>>694152
"Well, I imagine you can get one. Ocean's Blades? I am not really the best at this."
>>694151
"Hrm… hello, what is this." the griffon remarks, heading towards the shiny object. He gives it a poke or two, and opens it up to look at.

 No.694154

>>694151
>>694153
"Hmm? What'd ya find?" Cerulean goes over to look with Alder.

 No.694155

>>694153

"I already did Blue Blades once. Too similar."

 No.694156

>>694154
"Something about this book seems… strange. Off?"
>>694155
"Tiderunners? Sea Siezers?"

 No.694157

>>694156

"Not personal enough. What does that have to do with ME, you know?"

 No.694158

>>694151
At the arm wrap, Cloud puts his own around Chiu.
"Quite the turnaround this island had, huh? From pillage to revolution."

 No.694159

>>694157
"Hrm…I-I will have to think on it."

 No.694160

>>694158

"Yes, that's the sort of adventure I bring to the table when I'm in charge," Cutlass brags.

 No.694161

>>694160
"Oh, I wasn't talking to you. But hey good to know what to expect when you're around."

 No.694162

>>694161

Cutlass' face turns red before she lets out a "humph" and turns away.

 No.694163

>>694158
"I suppose this is an average week for a pirate crew!"

>>694152
Captain, Make Believe suddenly says in your head, as he walks up to you from behind while you wait for Sparkler to arrive. What ability was that you used on me earlier?

>>694153
>>694158
>>694154
As Alder picks up the guidebook, Paraiba, Zerk and Squatz gather and read over his shoulder.

https://youtu.be/DchDAvg58o8

As you flip through the guidebook, you note that it's very well-detailed and extensive. It lists all the major cities and towns on the island with many color pictures. As you read on, you see that it highlights local geographical wonders, fauna, flora and has much detail on the various cultures, dresses, music traditions, history, types of candy, warfare, comic books, and even movies that have been shot on the island.

Yet, the thick guidebook does not stop there: It lists the number of trees on the island, the number of blades of grass, even the average amount of times that the inhabitants eat snacks per day, the average number of hairs on the manes of all ponies on the island, how many times a writer on the island will click their pen, how often they scratch their noses… the deeper that you read into the book, the more specific, minute and bizarre the trivia becomes, with no real end in sight.

"…Who wrote this? What kind of idiot thinks this kind of shit is interesting?" Paraiba asks, recoiling in disgust. "Get rid of it."

 No.694164

>>694163
"I'm starting to like it, now that we're not getting beat down ourselves. Might be nice to do this every now and then."

>>694163
"Hey, you guys find anything?"
Cloud shouts down to the others, keeping his distance.

 No.694165

>>694163

Cutlass freezes in place as Make Believe asks his question. She quickly looks around to make sure no one is paying attention.

No one can hear us right now, right?

>>694163

As people (presumably) discuss the contents of the book out loud, it catches Cutlass' attention. She walks over and starts reading the nonsense scribbled on it.

"There's no way one could actually count or measure these things. Could this be the work of Magoja…?"

 No.694166

>>694163
"Woah…this is kinda informative. On a creepy level, but still informative."
Cerulean keeps flipping through, wondering just how limitless this information goes.
"Think there's anything that may be helpful for us?"
With interest in something not physical-activity related, Cerulean begins to flip through for something helpful.

>useful info find

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.694167

>>694163
"Hrm… This seems pretty interesting." he comments, as he reads through it. As it gets more… minute, he shrugs "N-Nevermind… this seems strange. Maybe there is something particular about this?" he comments, trying to piece together some sort of reason for this.
>Mater Thief? [1d10] (If that doesn't work, a roll to sift for worthwhile knowledge)
>>694165
"Apologies, but who?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.694168

>>694167

"The arms dealer who provided us our weapons for our revolution," Cutlass explains. "As you saw, he has quite… bizarre powers."

 No.694169

>>694165
Nobody else, Make Believe says, walking beside you. I've developed this ability to the point that I can control what people hear and when. Most telepaths don't take that precaution.

>>694164
"Going on pirate raids? That's kind of a lofty idea for a vacation," Chiu says. "Better hope we get enough gold each time for it to be worth it."

>>694165
>>694166
>>694164
>>694167
Unfortunately, most of the information in this guidebook is utterly irrelevant for anything but a passing curiosity in the macabre and visceral. However, Cerulean's hoof hooks onto an cardboard insert in the middle of the book. As she flips it open to the middle, it unfolds to reveal a cardboard sheet, with a pop-up pirate ship. You soon realize that the ship is an exact replica of the Beesting.

At the top of the little diorama, an epigraph reads, It is my hope that none who carry this guidebook shall become lost, and the quote is attributed to someone named "Perfect Pair." Some notes below his name describe him as an entrepreneur, botanist, and Lead Clown of the Pattern Juggler's troupe.

 No.694170

>>694169

In that case, I'll tell you. It's an aura power. Don't worry, I was merely… getting to know you better. It didn't work, though. I imagine that's how you were able to tell what I was doing. You remain quite a mystery to me.

>>694169

"That's quite the useful book," Cutlass comments as she eyes it. "I wonder why they left it here."

 No.694171

>>694169
"Not a vacation really, but looting these queens should fetch enough gold for a few years, right? This sounds like a great effort to reward deal I can get behind."

 No.694172

>>694169
Cerulean looks a bit surprised to see a pop-up picture, and even moreso at how uncanny the replica looks.
"Woah…This is cool AND weird at the same time."

Reading the epigraph, Cerulean's mind starts to do a thinking, then takes out and looks at the coupon for the show from earlier. Her thinking and instincts begin to work together for once.
"I think…I think I should maybe go claim this coupon in the very, very near future. You can do this 'rebellion' thingy without me for a bit, right?"

 No.694173

>>694169
"Well… I suppose we can find useful information in here, on the chance we need it… and can bear the stream of pointless information." the griffon comments, with a giggle

 No.694174

>>694169

A thought suddenly occurs to Cutlass. She turns to Bee Holder.

"Do you know if you have any rodents stowed away on your ship?" Cutlass asks the captain cordially. "I must feed Sir Pent."

As if answering to his name, Sir Pent appears from Cutlass' dress where he was hiding during the fight and retakes his place on Cutlass' hat.

 No.694175

>>694170
It could be. But I'm still a pretty perceptive guy. I'm not mad, but try to be a little cautious. Most people don't like to have their brains probed, least of all those who can use aura. If you know how someone's ability works, the more easily you can exploit their weaknesses. That principle is the key to any form of play, and especially for aura-based.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a thin, flat case. He opens it, and you see a large quantity of stickers arrayed on a plastic sheet. He flips the sheet, and you see many more sheets of stickers below it. Eventually he settles on a sheet full of gold star stickers. Want one?

>>694171
"Hey, fair warning: I'm putting aside the majority of all gold we get toward our savings accounts. We're getting only a little bit as spending money, okay? We gotta think about the future and all."

>>694174
"Oh, I'm sure there are. Mice would be the least weird thing we've found while going through those old boxes. Let him loose; nobody on my crew is scared of a fat little snake."

>>694170
>>694172
>>694173
"It's suspicious how the guidebook ended up on this ship," Paraiba says.
"Indeed. One of my main concerns was that, when scouting out the towns, I couldn't find a map of the island. Seems awfully convenient that this one appeared when it did," Droplet says.
"In any case, let's take full advantage of it," Zerk says. He flips through the book and finds a section on the waters nearby the island, and the current caused by the trajectory of the Turtle that carries the island on its back. "I'm sure there's enough information on the island to help us get to Aristar safely."

Soon enough, you hear shouts of greetings coming from the deck of the Beesting. The ship containing Sparkler and the rest of Cutlass' crew slowly enters the dock.

 No.694176

>>694175
"I'm fine with that, I can get by with surprisingly little money."
He brags.

 No.694177

>>694175
"Any clue who this 'Perfect Pair' is? Does it ring any bells, or make you think of any person in particular? We may want to be a tad careful, if they might be malicious."

 No.694178

>>694175

To be fair, I wasn't poking around in your brain. I was poking around in your soul.

>>694175

"Strange things…?" Cutlass says dubiously. "I'll just see what I can find to feed him on my own ship. It will probably be safer for him."

>>694175
>>694176
>>694177
>>694172

"So, we should keep the book safe, yes?" Cutlass adds to the conversation. "We wouldn't want it to get stolen. No offense, but I should think that my ship is safer than your own. After all, it hasn't had any break-ins. And, let's be honest," she says with a condescending laugh as her own nice, pristine ship arrives.

"Mine is much nicer."

[1d10] Whisper in your Ear to convince NPCs to let her be the protector of the book

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.694179

>>694175
>>694177
"Kinda makes me think of the dice guy that attacked us a while back. I think I might figure out where his show is and go there to get some questions answered."

 No.694180

>>694179

"A… 'dice guy'?" Cutlass parrots the phrase in disbelief.

 No.694181

>>694178
Oh, the soul! Make Believe exclaims. Now that would set some ponies very sour. What were you trying to find?

>>694176
Chiu taps her front hooves together, clearly plotting. "Good, more for me!"

>>694177
"Sounds like a new name to me," Bent Scales says. "But if he's with the Pattern Juggler, he's immediately earned a place on the shitlist. 'Lead Clown.' Pfft! I hope he's ready to get clowned."

>>694178
>>694177
>>694176
>>694179
Now that both ships are gathered, those who were on Cutlass' ship start to file off and return to the Beesting so that they can distribute themselves between the two crews.
"Two things," Bee Holder says. "Cerulean, you're not going alone, not when we barely held our own against the Pattern Juggler last time. We all have an interest in kicking his ass. And Cutlass, you can follow behind us. We can keep the book safe enough. More importantly, we need to figure out who is going on what ship. Is there any reason we shouldn't split the forces evenly across the ships?"

 No.694182

>>694180
"Yup. There was a guy that broke onto our ship on our way here. He threw these magical dice around and tried to turn the ship into my next underwater den. But I think I roughed him up enough before he could do that, and gave me a coupon for some free tickets to his show."
She gives a slight hum of thought.
"Kinda weird he called himself a juggler, though."

>>694181
"Whichever ship is going for info on the Juggler, I'll go with that one. I…don't think I'm really cut out for this rebellion stuff, to be honest. Plus, I just have a gut feeling that's telling me to; and no, I know I'm not just hungry."

 No.694183

>>694181
"Whoa whoa hey, we're splitting that loot fifty fifty. Unless you wanna trade off with something else."

>>694181
"Yea I wouldn't mind some more ponies over here on this ship. Especially if we're leading in front."
Cloud adds after Bee Holder.

 No.694184

>>694181
"I agree with the others. Perhaps a little more on the one going first, but not too much so. It would be unfortunate to have the second ship caught off-guard without the crew they needed."

 No.694185

>>694181

Just trying to get a sense of the kind of pony you are. I doubt you could blame me. You're very… enigmatic.

>>694181

"Anyone can go anywhere they want," Cutlass waves a dismissive hoof. "However, Godot, his goats, Ossie, Plague, and Puddin must remain on my ship with me."

 No.694186

>>694185
>>694184
>>694183
>>694182
"To tell the truth, I'm more interested in the Crimson King angle of things," Bee Holder says. "Some little Misties and Gusties over on Windy Island wanted us to kick his ass, and we should settle accounts on that front before we overthrow any governments. But, since it sounds like the King is working with the Bee Queens, then going after his peons won't take us too far away from your little revolution, Cutlass."

After a quick head count, Bee Holder nods. "Okay. I think the revolution side of things will see more violence, so they should take 50 people. We'll take the remaining 40. Sound good with everyone?"

>To keep track of who goes where, see below


Cutlass's crew
>Godot
>Godot's 3 goats
>Ossie
>Plague
>Puddin

———————

Beesting
>Bee Holder
>Kling Klang
>Cane Shuga
>Bent Scales
>Sickly Sweet
>Prisma

Other named NPCs can be claimed for either crew, and any PC can go to either crew (specify which crew you want to be on)

Unassigned NPCs
>Miss Sunshine
>Schnitzel
>Ossie
>Droplet
>Sparkler
>Paraiba
>Squatz
>Zerk
>Chiu

 No.694187

>>694186
>Ossie is not up for grabs

 No.694188

>>694186
"So what's our group gonna do then?"
Cloud asks Bee Holder.

 No.694189

>>694186
>>694188
Cloud looks to Chiu.
"So, you wanna go start a revolution? Sounds like the best for our little bet."

 No.694190

>>694186
>going with Bee Holder crew

 No.694191

>>694186

Can you do something for me? Cutlass asks Make Believe. Tell Droplet to stay on this ship. He's the unicorn you met already. Tell him if he gets a chance, steal that book. Think you can do that?

"Droplet will stay on your ship," Cutlass announces to Bee Holder. "She'll be of more use to you at this point. We don't need subterfuge as much now that we've got our army going. That should be enough for you. Schnitzel can go wherever he pleases."

 No.694192

>>694191
>she'll
*he'll

 No.694193

>>694186
Alder tucks the book away to look over later, and shrugs a bit "I suppose we need to figure out what to do with that later. For now, I think I will remain with… The Bee Holder, unless anyone thinks I would be better served on Cutlass's."

 No.694194

>>694188
>>694189
>>694190
>>694191
Make Believe nods subtly to Cutlass and then goes over to Droplet, while Chiu nods, throwing in her lot with Cutlass' crew.

Cutlass' Crew (Cutlass, Cloud)
>Godot
>Godot's 3 goats
>Ossie
>Kling Klang
>Plague
>Puddin
>Chiu
>Sparkler
>Zerk
>Make Believe

Beesting (Alder, Cerulean
>Bee Holder
>Cane Shuga
>Bent Scales
>Sickly Sweet
>Prisma
>Miss Sunshine
>Schnitzel
>Paraiba
>Droplet
>Squatz

The two crews start to split up, heading over to the appropriate boat so that Cutlass' ship ends up with a crew of 50 altogether, and the Beesting is left with 40.

"Alright… good luck, everyone!" Bee Holder shouts to Cutlass' crew

>Ready to move out?

 No.694195

>>694194
>>694192
Cerulean waves to Cutlass.
"Hey, you better make it out alive again, Cutlass! It was great to see ya and hear your adventure! Maybe we can do something fun next time!"

 No.694196

>>694194
>>694193
>>694190
"And good luck to you guys, show that Juggler freak who he messed with."
Cloud says to the Bee Holder crew as they part.

 No.694197

>>694189
"You too, Cloud! I wanna be big again, so don't turn into chum while I'm gone!"

 No.694198

>>694197
"Psh, taking down a country is easy. I'll be fine, you just worry about crushing that guy's dice to really show him."

 No.694199

>>694195

"You needn't worry about me," Cutlass says with a smirk as she gives a quick wave in response.

>>694194
>>694196

"I see you've decided to join the superior crew," Cutlass says with a smirk to Cloud. "But, I didn't say SHE could board my ship," she says, pointing to Chiu accusingly.

"Furthermore, I don't believe I've been properly acquainted with you two," she adds, looking to Zerk and Kling Klang.

>Soul Sight on Zerk [1d10]


Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.694200

>>694194
>>694196
"Good luck to all of you! Please, be careful!" the griffon chirps, offering an excited wave to Cloud Shear

 No.694201

>>694199
>>694194

"You there!" Cutlass suddenly points to one of her crew. "Bring me something for my lovely pet to eat," she says, pointing to Sir Pent on her hat.

 No.694202

>>694199
"I joined the easier crew. I'm not messing with that reality warping weirdo again."

"We're a package deal."
Cloud retorts as Cutlass points out at Chiu.

 No.694203


 No.694204

>>694202

"Hrmm, whatever," Cutlass shrugs to the 'package deal'.

"But, I'm shocked you think it's going to be easier to overthrow an entire government than it would be to win one fight."

 No.694205

>>694200
"Keep everypony safe over there, they'll be needing your tonics!"
Cloud says back to Alder, giving him a farewell wave.

>>694204
"You didn't see that the guy we had to deal with."

 No.694206

>>694205

"If he's truly so dangerous, then wouldn't it be the case that you just sent all of your friends to die?" Cutlass asks as she puts her hoof to her hat so Sir Pent can slide on. She admires the snake on her hoof with adoring eyes, not really seeming at all concerned about their conversation.

 No.694207

>>694199
"You said anyone could go anywhere," Chiu counters. "Not that I needed permission."

Zerk bows his buffalo head. "I'm Zerk, and this is Kling-Klang."

Kling-Klang offers his hoof. "Good to be here, captain Cutlass."

>>694201
Soon, someone brings Sir Pent a small collection of dead bugs, which Sir Pent thoughtfully chews on.

>>694195
>>694196
>>694199
>>694200
The two ships sail north along the coast, with the Beesting drifting ahead of Cutlass' ship. The waters aren't too rough, and the ships from before that accosted the Beesting's crew for insurance money aren't anywhere in sight. According to the guidebook, the city of Aristar is near the tail-end of the island, which at this time of year would be northwest (as the turtles complete their rotation of the Ribcage once a year.

Bee Holder stands by the wheel, studying the creepy guidebook. The creepy feeling from earlier starts to pick up, ever so slightly.

>each roll for perception

 No.694208

>>694206
"Nah they're all tough now that they've gotten that new Aura stuff. I'm just not too much of a forward fighter to deal with that kind of stuff."

 No.694209

>>694207
Cerulean yawns, laying down in the sun at the moment and just looking around at everything, too excited to nap.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.694210

>>694205
"Of course! No need to worry, Cloud!" he chirps out, before peering around himself
>Perception:[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.694211

>>694207
Cloud looks around the deck of Cutlass' ship, taking in the new sight.
"So what's there to do here?"

>Perception [1d10]


Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.694212

>>694207
>>694207
Alder hums a little as he settles back into the ship, before looking to Droplet "So, what exactly do you do? Just to get a good idea of what we are working with."he asks. (This was the person from Cutlass's crew, right?)
>>694209
"Too excited to nap?" Alder asks, before giggling softly

 No.694213

>>694208

"I see," Cutlass says as she happily watches her pet snake munch on the dead bugs. "Well, I do hope you're right. Some of the better members of my crew went with them. And, they took part of my army."

>>694207

"Ah, finally," Cutlass says as she lightly touches their hooves to shake them. She takes care not to touch them too much seeing as how they both look very dirty. "Some ponies with respect."

As she daintily shakes Kling-Klang's hoof, she looks into his eyes. [1d10] for Soul Sight

As the ship sails along the coast, she keeps her eyes peeled on the shore line. [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.694214

>>694212
"Hmm? Yeah." She laughs a bit herself. "Too much excitement going on, even though this is a pretty comfy spot."

 No.694215

>>694214
"Well, we can hope it stays this exciting for a little while! While I would like to keep focused on our original goal, this is rather intetesting… and seems like an okay thing to do, you know?"

 No.694216

>>694213
Kling-Klang seems to be the kind of guy to keep his cards close to his chest, as he quickly looks away after the handshake, trotting over to assist a fellow crewmember with sorting through the contents of a barrel.

>>694212
"What do I do? You probably aren't talking about my hobbies, so I'll get right down to it."

He bends down and dips his hoof into your shadow, then lifts it up off the ground and begins to manipulate it with his hooves, as though he were making a balloon animal. "Do you have any particular requests on shape?"

>>694209
>>694210
>>694211
>>694213
As the ships sail through the waters, the crews get a sense of drifting and swirling, though one distinct from the rocking of the ship that those who don't quite have their sea legs experience.

>Beesting Crew

As you start to get your bearings again, you notice something extremely odd: Earlier, the shore was off your starboard side, as you had been traveling along what was the western coast of the island, but now it's on the port side, and you cannot remember when or how this might have happened. The rainclouds covering the sky make it difficult to determine your position, but you don't feel as though you've been turned around.

>Cutlass' Crew

As your dizziness starts to fade, you come back to reality, but no longer see the Beesting anywhere and have no memory of it even vanishing. It's as though it was never there.

>Paused

 No.694217

>>694215
"Well, I'm more interested in getting some answers than knocking over more statues right now. Fighting those yellow-and-black jellyfish wasn't all that much fun."

 No.694743

Post sheets

 No.694744


 No.694745


 No.694746

>>694745
>>694216

I would just like to say that between the time Cutlass completed her conversation and the dizziness setting in, Cutlass went to get Sir Pent something to eat below decks.

 No.694747


 No.694748

>All at full H/W

Last time on PQ…

The party split and distributed itself across the two ships, the Beesting and Cutlass' newly-dubbed (though not yet properly christened) "Secret Assassins." To avoid fights on the land, they would proceed by boat north toward Aristar along the coast. However, on the Beesting, there was a strange guidebook full of details about Kaco Island. Though it started off with the fairly standard guidebook information, the kind relevant for tourists, it quickly descended into the minutely specific and even obsessively small details about the island and its inhabitants.

Shortly after departing, the Beesting vanished, from the perspective of those on the Secret Assassins. From the perspective of those on the Beesting, they seemed to be on the coast, still… only they didn't recognize their surroundings, and the coast was on their port side, where before it had been on the starboard.

 No.694749

>>694746
Kling-Klang seems to be the kind of guy to keep his cards close to his chest, as he quickly looks away after the handshake, trotting over to assist a fellow crewmember with sorting through the contents of a barrel.

>>694747
"What do I do? You probably aren't talking about my hobbies, so I'll get right down to it."

He bends down and dips his hoof into your shadow, then lifts it up off the ground and begins to manipulate it with his hooves, as though he were making a balloon animal. "Do you have any particular requests on shape?"

>>694744
>>694745
>>694747
As the ships sail through the waters, the crews get a sense of drifting and swirling, though one distinct from the rocking of the ship that those who don't quite have their sea legs experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjjie1Ohio
>Beesting Crew
As you start to get your bearings again, you notice something extremely odd: Earlier, the shore was off your starboard side, as you had been traveling along what was the western coast of the island, but now it's on the port side, and you cannot remember when or how this might have happened. The rainclouds covering the sky make it difficult to determine your position, but you don't feel as though you've been turned around.

>Cutlass' Crew

As your dizziness starts to fade, you come back to reality, but no longer see the Beesting anywhere and have no memory of it even vanishing. It's as though it was never there.

 No.694750

>>694749
"Ooh, fascinating. And, hrm… what about a dog?" the griffon offers, with a bit of a short giggle.

Alder looks over towards the coast, and lets out a somewhat concerned hum, before speaking up with "I… believe we are being played, here."

 No.694751

>>694749

Cutlass watches Sir Pent adoringly as he eats bugs below deck. Her mind drifts back to her dress. She still hasn't had an opportunity to see if she is capable of taking it off. She looks around to make sure she is alone. She's about to test when a dizzy spell comes over her. She curses inwardly. She has no idea what that just was, but it probably meant something.

Cutlass telekinetically lifts Sir Pent and puts him back on her hat. She rushes back up to the deck. "Did something just ha-" she begins to ask before she notices that theirs is the only ship around.

"Okay, what the hell just happened?"

Cutlass looks around to the if the sun is still in the same position in the sky as it should be.

 No.694752

>>694749
>>694750
"Again? This is the fourth or fifth time in a week it feels like," she says with a groan. "Think you can try flying above the clouds? Don't really have Cloud to work his magic for us right now, so guess we gotta do things the 'less-lazy' way."

 No.694753

>>694749
Cloud holds a hoof to his head from the dizzy feeling, questioning if he suddenly got seasickness despite all this sailing. At the lack of the Beesting that was just behind them, he looks around in confusion.
"Whoa, think I've gone too long without a snack. How long was I out for Chiu?"
He questions as he goes to look for a quick bite to grab.

 No.694754

>>694752
Hey, this is my show!

 No.694755

>>694753

"You didn't see where the other ship went?" Cutlass asks angrily.

 No.694756

>>694752
"I suppose misdirection is just the name of the game here, so to speak. I shall try, yes!" he chirps, unfurling his wings and flying upwards
>Flight (If it's needed?) [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.694757

>>694756
>Perception roll [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.694758

>>694750
Droplet quickly twists the shadow into a shape resembling not just any dog, but a doberman. It seems he's quite experienced with this. He holds it out for you to take. "If you push it into your body, then you'll take on the likeness of the dog I pictured in my mind's eye while I was making this. This isn't my aura ability, it's just something I learned through my time with the Gates of Justice."

>>694751
>>694753
Given the stormy clouds in the sky, it's difficult to determine what time it is, but it's just as light out as it was a moment ago, and nothing seems to have happened to you or your crew. The rest of the crew appears worried, checking over their bodies and the ship for any damage, but none seems present.

>>694750
>>694752
>>694756
>>694757
Alder flies into the clouds, but they are layered quite thickly, and hang rather low over the island, making it difficult to see much of the island below, or where the ship is in relation to the rest of the island.

As he glances down at the ship, Alder notices that a blue bookmark has been put in the guidebook without his noticing. It definitely wasn't there earlier. The page that the bookmark has marked is a long and boring spiel about a specific clump of trees on the eastern coast of the island. One of the pictures in the spiel exactly resembles the coast that the Beesting is now adjacent to.

On one side, the bookmark is blue, and on the other side it's red. On the blue side is the word "Detour" and on the red side is written "Destination." Alder can sense a very complex rhythm of Aura emanating from both the book and the bookmark.

 No.694759

>>694751
>forgot to add
"What're your orders, captain?" Kling-Klang asks. "How should we proceed here, given that we're now down half our numbers?"

 No.694760

>>694755
"I'm just along for the ride, that's not my job."
Cloud defends.

>>694758
Cloud looks to the sky, eyes glowing a he tries to break up the storm.
"Barely even left shore and things are already getting weird."
>Climate Control [Clear Skies] [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.694761

>>694758
Unable to see Alder at all, for for a short bit too long, Cerulean yells up, "HEY! SEE ANYTHING UP THERE?!"

 No.694762

>>694760

"Useless," Cutlass grumbles angrily.

>>694758

"Drop anchor. I'm taking a scouting party to make sure we're still on course."

 No.694763

>>694758
"Oh, fascinating. I had no idea it would work like that…" he mentions, looking at the shadow in awe and gently tucking it somewhere safe… wherever that would be. In his pack?


Alder is about to flutter back down until he noticed the bizarre bookmark. He looks over the bookmark, and after some thought… pulls it out, flips through the book until he finds Aristar, and sticks the red 'destination' tab of the bookmark facing outwards.

>>694761
"No! But, something appears to be changing with the book!"

 No.694764

>>694763
"Really?! Well come down, I wanna see, too!"

 No.694765

>>694763
You put the shadow away in your pack.

As you flip the page open to the section on Aristar, you find a few cursory details on the front few pages. First and foremost, it's a gambling and party city, with a large tourism and trade industry, and its connections to the criminal underworld of the Ribcage are an open secret.

>>694761
>>694763
As Alder lands with the bookmark now set, the crew gathers around for the explanation. "That's some pretty powerful Aura emanating from that creepy book you found, I can feel it from here," Miss Sunshine (one of Cutlass' followers) says as she comes up. "That's obviously the result of someone's power."

"Should we throw it away? Would it be safe to travel with it in our possession?" Squatz asks.

>>694762
>>694760
Cloud fails, perhaps fittingly, to dispel the clouds, and the crew drops the anchor into the water on Cutlass' orders, standing by for further ones.

 No.694766

>>694765
>>694760

"Alright, Ossie, Cloud, Chiu, Kling Klang, Puddin, and Make Believe come with me. Everyone else, search the ship and look for anything out of place. If you're not a part of my crew, your search is restricted to the top deck."

"Where is Plague? I need a word with him."

 No.694767

>>694765
"I say we keep it. I mean, it seems like it's gonna be super helpful right now and maybe later while we're here. Plus, seems like a neat read-through if someone gets bored."

 No.694768

>>694765
Cloud grumbles as he fails to affect the sky.
"Maybe I'll just sit by this time, probably for the best."

>>694766
"Where are we going?"

 No.694769

>>694768

"Just going to shore. Probably a quick trip. I want to make sure that we haven't magically ended up somewhere else. And if we haven't, maybe we can find some clue as to where the other ship went."

 No.694770

>>694765
>>694767
Alder lands back down, and shakes his head. "It is bizarre… the book has a very complex aura presence… and, the bookmark was planted in the landmark of the shore we are just off of." he remarked, before pointing out the red side "I swapped it from 'detour' to 'destination', and put it in the page for our destination. Hopefully, that will help."

 No.694771

>>694768
>>694766
"Captain, it's my professional opinion that this is an overreaction," Sparkler says. "Aside from the dizzy spell, there have been no averse affects on our crew."
"I disagree," Godot says. "A mass incident of dizziness is nothing to overlook even if that was the only physical symptom. Just think about the fungal parasites and the stingers that we have encountered so far. It's not far-fetched to assume that another force in that vein might be at work here, or that this could even be the effect of the Queens' Hunt that we've heard so much about."

And just think about that creepy guidebook, Make Believe adds. Someone had to put it on the Beesting, right?

Sparkler, a bit embarrassed, nods in agreement. "Those are good points…"

You gather your forces, hop onto a lifeboat, and row your way toward the shore. It seems inaccessible at first – on this patch of the shore, there's only tall rocks, blocking entry. However, you see an opening, the mouth of a river, surrounded on both sides by lanky, colorful trees.

>>694767
>>694770
"From that description, it sounds like this book teleported us to the place that was marked as our 'Detour' with the bookmark," Schnitzel (a dachshund diamond dog, also one of Cutlass') surmises.
"So, will the same happen with the 'Destination' side face-up now?" Miss Sunshine asks. "Why haven't we teleported yet?"
"Perhaps we need to go a certain distance before we're teleported?"
"We won't find out just sitting here," Bee Holder says. "Weigh the anchor! Let's get going!"

The ship sails along the coast, very placidly and uneventfully for now.

>roll perception

 No.694772

>>694771
"Perhaps it is something that happens without noticing? We all just look away and, well…" he trails off "I am not sure, I suppose."
>Perception [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.694773

>>694771
>>694769
>This takes place just before you get onto the lifeboat
"You called, Cap'n?" Plague asks as he hops into the boat.

 No.694774

>>694769
"Alight, but you keep an eye on the ship this time."

>>694771
"Hey this doesn't look too bad."
Cloud comments as the river with colored trees comes into view.
"Much better looking than that village."

 No.694775

>>694773

"I need you to stay on board," Cutlass says quietly to Plague as she takes him aside to speak privately. "I don't trust those Beestings. I left some of them on the ship as a test. They have a bet to see who can steal the most booty. I will not have them stealing form my ship. Watch them."

>>694771

"Losing half of my army is not something I'm terribly happy about," Cutlass says to Sparkler. "I'd at least like to know where they are."

Cutlass glares at the mouth of the river. "Feels too much like a coincidence," she comments as she points to the river. "Take us in."

As they row toward the river, Cutlass looks around both at the shoreline and the ocean's horizon to see if there's anyone watching them or anything that could explain the disappearance. [1d10]

>>694774

Cutlass sighs. "Fair enough. This whole… mental nonsense is very frustrating."

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.694776

>>694771
Cerulean tries to keep a close eye on everything, though the more mysteries that book reveals about itself, the more her curiosity about it is getting on her mind.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.694777

>>694775
Plague quickly removes himself from the boat, subtly nodding before turning his gaze back to the members of the Beesting.

>>694776
>>694772
After some time passes, the crew starts to calm down.

Alder notices a subtle shaking in his claw, almost imperceptible. Suddenly, it intensifies, and the book flies from his grasp, landing with a dull thud on the deck. Animated by an unseen force, the book slides away, while at the same time flipping open to the page with the bookmark. As the pages open up, you both see the bookmark start to rise; whatever force has possessed the guidebook is now trying to move the bookmark to another page.

"Get that book!" someone shouts, as the crew starts scrambling to try to capture it.

>>694774
>>694775
As you row into the river, Ossie starts to glance around, appearing both suspicious and confused. "Someone's nearby…"
Cutlass hears a pony's humming coming from ahead. The placid water of the river is disrupted by a loud plop, followed by ripples in the water before them. It seems like someone is going fishing in the bushes, but you can't see where they are just yet.

 No.694778

>>694777
Alder lets out a startled squawk as he sees the book ripped out of his hands, and he pounces on it! Maybe he can hold it closed, or at least keep it from sliding about?
>Hold on or something? [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.694780

>>694777
Cloud perks his ears up as the humming comes in across the water, seeing if maybe he can pick up more with his bat senses.
>Echolocation Perception [1d10]

>>694779

"Cutlass… You do see that I don't have wings, right?"

 No.694781

>>694777
Cerulean readies her tail and tries to slam the book onto the ground to keep it from moving…or being awake…or whatever the shell is going on right now.

>DC -1, +1, crits 8+

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.694782

>>694777

"If he's humming he's not hiding," Cutlass whispers. "Which means he's not looking out for us. If someone can get up to him quietly, I'm certain we can catch him."

 No.694783

>>694778
>>694781
You weave amid the numerous bodies all trying to dive for the book, and despite all the chaos, Alder manage to stamp your claw down on the corner, keeping it in place. However, even while pinned down, it waves itself back and forth on the ground in an arc, managing to avoid Cerulean's swing with its erratic thrashing. However, the bookmark slips itself onto another page, 'Detour' side up. In the pictures, you see in great detail a section of the jungle full of poisonous plants and snakes.

As it does, you start to feel another dizzy spell come on. "The bookmark, put it back on the Aristar page!" Miss Sunshine shouts as she and others try to grab it.
[1d10] MS
[1d10] Paraiba
[1d10] Droplet

>>694782
>>694780
"Captain, I believe I know who's there," Ossie whispers. "If I'm right, it's the filly I tagged earlier with my Shadow Bookmark ability. Do you want me to go up there? If so, what should I do?"

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 5 = 5

 No.694784

>>694783

"Maybe she saw something," Cutlass responds to Ossie. "Take her to me to questioning. Or, preferably me to her if someone has a way to do that. I'd rather not have to do questioning on this lifeboat."

 No.694785

>>694783
"Come on now, you!" he shouts, trying to force the bookmark back to where he;d set it "I-I should not have to struggle with such petty things as this!"
>Come on! [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.694786

>>694783
>>694784
"It's just a kid up there? Who cares, let's just keep going and scout around."

 No.694787

>>694783
Cerulean also tries to help.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.694788

>>694786

"A bee kid, first of all. And second, she might have seen what happened to the other boat."

 No.694789

>>694784
>>694786
Ossie picks up Cutlass and jumps clean from the lifeboat into the bushes, managing a silent landing. The force of her jump causes the boat to sway in the water and nearly topple, and is stopped from doing so only by Chiu pinning some shadows of her own into the rock wall of the bank.

The disruption causes the Beepony to stand from where she sits by the river, setting aside her fishing rod next to her bag. She buzzes and gesticulates, talking in the beepony language, and looks down at the water in confusion. Cutlass and Ossie are now on her left, unseen.

>>694785
>>694787
Though the forces that have ensnared the book and bookmark are strong, you three manage to wrestle it into submission, flip it back to the Destination side and jam it into the section about Aristar, just as the dizzy spell grows more intense. The world starts to fade from view…

As the dizziness starts to fade, your sight returns. You are now staring head-on at a quiet port town, full of innocuous, small and industrial square buildings, very plain. An artificial canal runs through the small town, leading further into the island. Far beyond the town, separated by quite a distance and surrounded by jungle, you see the tops of shiny, glamorous buildings, highly reminiscent of what you'd find in Las Pegasus.

"Hey… it worked!" Paraiba exclaims. You find yourselves in the middle of a dogpile on top of the book, with Miss Sunshine at the bottom, Paraiba on top of her, Droplet on top of her, Cerulean on top of him, and Alder at the top.
"Please get off me…" Miss Sunshine pleads.

 No.694790

>>694789
Cloud grips onto the side of the boat as it rocks and nearly flips.
"I'm starting to think we picked the wrong ship to follow along with."

"…So do we just wait for them or keep going?"

 No.694791

>>694789

"Flank her," Cutlass whispers to the Ossie. She gives Ossie a moment to retreat from sight before approaching the bee pony.

"Hey you," she says to the bee as she appears from the bushes. "Have you, by any chance, seen what's been happening off shore?"

As she talks, her eyes glow subtly for Soul Sight. [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.694792

>>694789
"Oh neat. So the book can teleport us around?" She gets up and off the pile, hardly noticing Alder on top of her. She then looks out at the new town.
"Well…this is an…odd mix? Like bland, then suddenly 'woah!', ya know?"

 No.694793

>>694789
Alder lets out a squawk of triumph as he jams the bookmark back where it belongs, and slumps over as everything fades out. Upon coming to, he lets out a surprised-sounding warble and takes a look around "F-Fascinating!"
>>694792
He blinks a couple times, realizing he's riding Cerulean's back, but… he decides to sit tight. He tucks the book away again, and gives a short nod "Indeed. Seems like it could be very, very handy… and, hmm. I have never seen such a city before!"

 No.694794

>>694790
>>694791
Ossie vanishes without a trace.

The beepony hops in surprise as Cutlass starts speaking with her. She begins to respond, but it's in that same buzzing, with big arm gestures, that she spoke to you with the last time you saw her. Upon hearing the beepony speak, Puddin rows over the lifeboat so he can get a better look. He imitates the gesticulations and buzzing that the beepony filly uses; this exchange occurs a few times. Puddin then frowns with annoyance.

"She's not aware of what happened to the Beesting, but it sounds like she was the one who put the book there to begin with," Puddin explains. "Someone put her up to it, but she doesn't know his name."

>>694791
The Soul Sight reading for the filly displays an image of a placid Kaco Island. You see Potnia, restored to its former glory, a rich and prosperous trading city with no violence, filth or suffering to be seen – a far cry from its current state. You see several more images like this; she clearly has no love for the current conflict tearing apart the island.

>>694792
>>694793
Droplet (lightly blushing) climbs off of Paraiba and Miss Sunshine. "Alder, before we do anything else, you're gonna wanna check the book to make sure we're near Aristar," Miss Sunshine says. "Then, do us all a favor? Tie it up real tight so it can't teleport us again!"

"Those buildings must be a recent addition," Squatz says. "Maybe the high-roller aesthetic is the Crimson King's thing?"

The Beesting heads into the port, where some guards await near the entrance to the canal. "Looks like we'll have to stop here for a moment to state our business. That's a usual for guarded ports like this. Won't be but a moment."

Bee Holder drops the anchor then disembarks the ship, leaving you with a moment to breathe.

 No.694795

>>694790
"Well, let's wait here," Chiu says. "With rogue teleportation involved, it'd be bad to get caught by ourselves in the event of another teleportation ability being used on us."

 No.694796

>>694794

"I'm beginning to think that book was involved. Why else would it be their boat but not ours? What did this someone look like?" Cutlass asks for Puddin to translate.

 No.694797

>>694795
"If it wasn't for those beeguards all over, getting teleported again might be a good thing. Here's hoping this city we're going to pays off."

 No.694798

>>694794
>>694793
Cerulean gives a sigh of relief.
"So, anything in that book that tells us about this place?" She wonders aloud to Alder, looking up and behind her to see the griffon perched on her back.

 No.694799

>>694794
Alder hums a little bit and flips through a few of the pages, just to get a good idea about any other things the book hasn't already told him
"From what I already saw, this town has quite the open connection to the Ribcage's criminal underworld. Lots of tourism and trade, though." he mentions, before closing the book tightly and nodding "R-Right. No more funny business."

>>694798
"O-Oh, apologies! I hope you do not mind, Cerulean!"

 No.694800

>>694799
"Nah, it's fine. But tourism, huh? Think we got a bit of time to just mingle around a bit while we do what we gotta do?"

 No.694801

>>694800
"I suppose it could not hurt. So long as you lead the way.~" he comments, stretching out and getting comfortable

 No.694802

>>694797
>>694796
"And for another thing, why only go after the Beesting?" Puddin asks. "Unless we just haven't found it yet, it sounded like we weren't given anything like that."
"Maybe they only had the one book?" Godot asks.
"Or perhaps they only wanted the Beesting's crew taken wherever they were teleported…"

After a bit more interrogating, Puddin relays the descriptions of the one who set up the filly: a floating, lanky unicorn with slit eyes, pale beige skin, a light maroon jester's outfit and a slick-back white mane. To Cloud, this is instantly familiar – a description of the Pattern Juggler, to a T.

"Oh, not this asshole again," Chiu groans.

>>694799
>>694798
In addition to the details described by Alder, the book reveals its curious collection of obsessive minutia: It's a sister city of various other cities in the Ribcage, on different islands, it's full of historical landmarks, it's home to a vibrant hotbed of innovations in the fashion industry, the life expectancy averages around 135 years for males and 140 for females, and it's also the home to the widest diversity of spoken languages in the Ribcage.

Bee Holder returns to the ship, and you start to get moving.

Squatz stares at the book. "Huh… it's not reacting at all. You'd think it'd try to teleport us again. Not even a struggle. Wonder why that is?"

 No.694803

>>694802
"Well… unfortunately, it goes in to far too much detail. But, the details are rather interesting at least. Long life expectancy, historical landmarks, and rather interesting fashion…"

He looks to Squatz, and shrugs "Perhaps… it is only when we are traveling somewhere?"

 No.694804

>>694802
>>694797

"Oh, so it has nothing to do with us," Cutlass says relieved at first. "But, that jerk stole half of my army for an irrelevant grudge!"

Then, she sighs and shrugs. "Oh well, they were going to go take care of that business anyway. At least now we know that what happened to them is related to that business. As far as I'm concerned, mission accomplished. Back to the ship everyone."

"Er… Ossie… could you take me back down to the lifeboat please?"

 No.694805

>>694802
Cloud tenses up at hearing about the Juggler, already dreading having to deal with him. But, since the book was placed on the other ship, he sighs in relief.
"Phew, you know I changed my mind. It was a great decision to come on this ship. We won't need to deal with that guy since he already did his thing."

 No.694806

>>694801
"Long as you're the tour guide with that book, alright."

>>694802
>>694803
"I'm all for detours, but the one that book wanted us to go on? No thanks. Still, I guess as long as it has this usually helpful info, rewards kinda outweigh the risks, right?"

"So, where should we begin," she asks, looking around the immediate area once getting off the ship.

 No.694807

>>694805

"Indeed. I just hope they don't waste too much of my army or crew."

 No.694808

>>694806
>ignore the getting off the ship part, but question still stands.

 No.694809

>>694807
"I'd rather those take a hit instead our guys."

 No.694810

>>694806
>>694803
"It has to be something like that," Schnitzel adds. "Maybe there are certain activation conditions that have to be met. The only other explanation I can think of is that whoever controls the book and bookmark decided it wasn't worth trying it again, or changed their minds for some reason and is letting us go."

As the ship travels down the artificial canal, the stone buildings eventually give way to more jungle, but you note that it's carefully fenced off in places, and full of exotic and odd creatures, far more than you might expect to see in a naturalistic setting. As you get closer to the city, you even see rich-looking ponies through gaps in the trees, going on what appear to be guided tours, with their tour guides all going through the motions of a highly choreographed and artificial routine for show.

Yet more of the canal stretches beyond, but you start to hear casino music piped in over loud speakers over in the distance.

>>694805
>>694804
"At least we know they didn't care too much for us," Chiu says.
"Still, we need to link up with them," Puddin says. "I really don't care how they deal with the Pattern Juggler or not; our core concern is still the Bee Queens, and we can't afford to waste any of our time on side trash."

You head back to the ship, where the crew greets you by bringing up the ship and giving a smart salute. Once you're all on the ship, the crew reports not finding anything suspicious, either on the deck or in any of the holds. "In other words, nothing to report, ma'am," Plague chimes in, deftly summarizing both the crew's lack of findings and, apparently, a lack of foul play on the Beesting members' part.

>paused

 No.695283

Post sheets

 No.695284

File: 1522289335109.jpg (432.93 KB, 1024x1388, God Shark.jpg)


 No.695285


 No.695286


 No.695287

>All at full H/W

Last time on PQ…

The crew of the Beesting and the crew of the tentatively-named Secret Assassins had been separated by the bizarre guidebook that had been planted on the Beestings' ship. Cutlass, after a little investigating, found that a young beepony filly had been paid by a magician named the Pattern Juggler – a name Cloud and Chiu recognized as that of the demon who attacked them upon entering the Ribcage – to put the book on the Beesting.

Meanwhile, the crew of the Beesting busied themselves with trying to figure out how the book worked before it could teleport them again. It nearly succeeded in teleporting them to the middle of Kaco Island where they would have surely been devoured by poisonous snakes. Yet, they were able to take control of the book and get it to teleport them to the port checkpoint outside of Aristar.

 No.695288


 No.695289


 No.695290

>>695288
https://pastebin.com/HZDtCp5g (Stupid fucking pastebin)

>>695287
"So, where to from here, everyone? I suppose we should just split up and start looking, unless we have anywhere in mind. Then again… splitting up may not go well."

 No.695291

>>695284
>>695288
"It has to be something like that," Schnitzel adds. "Maybe there are certain activation conditions that have to be met. The only other explanation I can think of is that whoever controls the book and bookmark decided it wasn't worth trying it again, or changed their minds for some reason and is letting us go."

As the ship travels down the artificial canal, the stone buildings eventually give way to more jungle, but you note that it's carefully fenced off in places, and full of exotic and odd creatures, far more than you might expect to see in a naturalistic setting. As you get closer to the city, you even see rich-looking ponies through gaps in the trees, going on what appear to be guided tours, with their tour guides all going through the motions of a highly choreographed and artificial routine for show.

Yet more of the canal stretches beyond, but you start to hear casino music piped in over loud speakers over in the distance.

>>695285
>>695286
"At least we know they didn't care too much for us," Chiu says.
"Still, we need to link up with them," Puddin says. "I really don't care how they deal with the Pattern Juggler or not; our core concern is still the Bee Queens, and we can't afford to waste any of our time on side trash."

You head back to the ship, where the crew greets you by bringing up the ship and giving a smart salute. Once you're all on the ship, the crew reports not finding anything suspicious, either on the deck or in any of the holds. "In other words, nothing to report, ma'am," Plague chimes in, deftly summarizing both the crew's lack of findings and, apparently, a lack of foul play on the Beesting members' part.

>>695289
https://youtu.be/MreKzYQ9uxc

Things have been looking up for you in recent days. Magoja has been a source of simple and steady work for you, in the form of delivering simple magical gizmos to various clients, with the occasional bonus for testing various experimental magical objects and potions. You've been able to afford staying in a nice apartment in Aristar, a highly developed city on Kaco Island with architecture, culture and technology similar to that of Las Pegasus, mixed with the local flashy and expressive culture of the Beeponies.

The clients, as you have learned from your jobs, seem to have connections to the various crime families that oversee Aristar's criminal underworld. However, you've never had any trouble with any thugs or toughs while on your job; in fact, they have been quite generous to you, giving you large tips and promises that if you ever need anything from them, all you have to do is ask. However, they haven't been able to provide you with much information on the Skerry or any sightings of the members of your coven.

It's currently late afternoon, and you wait at one of the nicer restaurants in Aristar, the Dewdrop, owned by the Honeydew family. You're waiting for Magoja to come by with another delivery for you to take, but he hasn't yet shown up.

 No.695292

>>695291
Cerulean's ears perk up slightly at the sound of music beginning to play. Though she looks confused by the genre of music, her tail lightly slaps on the deck to the rhythm of it.
"I got a good gut feeling about this place."

 No.695293

>>695291

"Keep up the good work," Cutlass says to Plague in a similarly double meaning manner.

"The ship was taken by some circus freak with a grudge," Cutlass announces to the crew as if this is even remotely normal. "The good news is that we split up specifically so that they could deal with him. So, really, they're accomplishing their goal faster than expected. We don't have time to waste so we're moving on to our destination. Raise anchor."

Cutlass then proceeds to take a seat on the stairs at the back of the deck and pet Sir Pent.

 No.695294

>>695291
>>695293
"Good, wouldn't want to waste time. Don't even know where they went anyways."

"So where are we heading anyways, straight to the Queens or stopping at every town on the way?"

 No.695295

>>695294

"We're going to a town called Aristar. It'd be better to recruit more ponies there," Cutlass answers as she eyes Cloud thoughtfully.

She pauses for a moment as she stares at him. "Do you consider yourself a pirate?" she asks suddenly.

 No.695296

>>695291
Thessaly takes a seat at one of the tables at the Dewdrop, patiently waiting for Magoja to arrive. She bides her time by looking over the restaurant menu, weighing her options. She decides to order herself a glass of white wine, if it is available. Inwardly, she wonders if something has happened to her contact to make him run so late. Perhaps he has gotten into a tiff with one of the families. She subconsciously drums her hoof idly on the table as she reads through the menu again, for lack of anything else to do while she waits.

 No.695297

>>695292
"Hmm? What gives you a good feeling about it, Cerulean? And, want to head for the music first?" he asks with a giggle

 No.695298

<