[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment

File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1494297845021.jpg (20.76 KB, 415x230, soul2.jpg)

 No.685584[Last 50 Posts]

Migrating here from 4Connection Error for tonight's game

Continue RP as you will

 No.685585


 No.685586

"I didn't get much detail, I just went with what I was told," he says, shrugging. "Anyway, what're your names? My name's Fixer. I specialize in scanning, repairs, and I can pull stuff from my hat."

 No.685587

>>30047141
"I'm…not hungry." Alexis says, tossing it back.
>>30047141
>>30047133
"What are you two talking about?"

>>30047197 (You)

>>30047179
"Uh, thanks." Alexis says taking the photograph into her hooves.

"Does anypony want to explain to me what's going on? Because besides the fact that apparently I wasn't the only pony abducted by aliens today I am completely lost.

 No.685588

>>685587
This is for you >>685586

 No.685589

>>685587
>"Hey now, I don't believe me or my client was 'abducted' as you say. We simply are here as part of a marketing campaign." Margin gives the girl a once over again, "Besides, by the looks of it, you're not here yourself: Where's the projector?"

 No.685590

>>685589
>>685586
"I'm Alexis. Its nice to meet you."

"So what happened to you then? Did we all just get picked up by those mares in white?"
>>685589
"Pr-projector?" the ghost asks, suddenly realizing why they weren't weirded out.

 No.685591

>>685587
She pauses and yawns a bit, feeling the need to reset her ears. Then she says to Alexis at a normal volume, "Oh, I got here because while I was working on a device with Ms. Twilight Sparkle that would help us get to bottom of the strange occurrences happening across Equestria a mare that looked like she was made of light suddenly appeared and told me that both her world and our world were in danger and that I had good intentions and can protect both our worlds. If I recall correctly."

 No.685592

>>685590
"That's about it." He throws another ear of corn at her. "What do you do?"

 No.685593

>>685590
>>685592
"Oh yeah, she's a ghost," she says, matter of factly.

 No.685594

>>685592
Alexis catches the corn again.

"Would you stop that? And I'm a high school student."
>>685593
"Aether! Ex-nay on the o-ay!" the girl says irritably.

 No.685595

>>685594
ost-ay*

 No.685596

>>685590
>"Whatever, doesn't matter. The real question is why they dropped us off in the middle of the forest."

"Yeah, talk about production quality. Did they say anything about this being one of those survival sho-"

>"No Pain, it's not like Survivormare. Least, I don't think so."


>>685593
>"And I'm a fairy. Come'n, I know invisiblity spells exist, this is just a shitt-" he quickly sensors himself, but then realizes he isn't on television "-shittier version, which only makes you partway invisible. Can't be too hard on the girl though, she's young. She knows Pain too, good kid. You should watch more television."

 No.685597

>>685594
>>685593
Fixer squints at Alexis, then points at Aether. "She just said you're a ghost." He looks at Aether, too. And what do you do?"

 No.685598

File: 1494299035109.gif (366.05 KB, 390x381, 528447__safe_screencap_twi….gif)

>>685596
"Television's not really interesting though. I'd much rather do things than watch other ponies do things."

>>685597
"Oh, I'm a student of magic! I really like magic. I see you're a unicorn, too. Do you like magic, too?"

 No.685599

>>685596
>>685597
"That doesn't mean its okay to throw corn at me!" she yells, throwing it back at him, not commenting to Pain any further.
>>685591
"Wait, you mean PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle? And what do you mean our worlds are in danger?"

 No.685600

>>685598
>"You've got spunk, kid. You should take up an internship at the ETF. Pays well, and other people might get to watch you instead."

 No.685601

>>685598
"I do what I can."
>>685599
"Pff, alright." He looks annoyed from the lack of communication from the total strangers in this foreign world.

 No.685602

>>685594
"Hmm? Oh, pig latin! Uhh, nex on the aost? Hmm…"

>>685599
She says, "Oh yeah, Ms. Twilight Sparkle! She said she saw potential in me and is teaching me about magic and friendship. I thought that was nice of her to say about me! It made me feel special…" both her voice and her eyes drifting away.

>>685600
She thinks a bit. I think that was a complement. I should express my appreciation! Was it a complement though?

"Oh, thank you! I think…"

>>685601
"Me too! I can do a lot of things with magic, and I have a lot of fun doing them."

 No.685603

>>685602
Alexis listens as she mentions being the student of the Princess, thinking.

"So…you work with the Princess. And she met with the aliens…and now you're here because of something the aliens are worried about?"

 No.685604

>>685603
She turns to Alexis and says, refreshingly succinctly, "Mhm, pretty much."

 No.685605

She notices that she's still been unconsciously levitating both her saddlebags and her notepad and pen, which have been lingering behind in the bushes. She puts the notepad and pen away and brings the saddlebags to her side, laying them on the grass floor.

 No.685606

>>685602
>>685603
"Well, I was about to fall asleep, anyway, so let me know if anything comes up." Fixer lies back down in the back seat of his car. "If you all wanna sleep in here, the passenger and driver seats are still open. Someone can sleep in the trunk if need be."

 No.685607

>>685606
>"Pain, watch over the camp while we sleep."
"I just finished a show, I'm beat tired."
>"Fine, I'll take first watch, that's what people do in the shows."
>>685606
>>685605
>>685603
>"Any other volunteers?"

 No.685608

>>685604
"What the hell have I gotten myself into."
>>685607
>>685606
"You guys are sleeping?"

Alexis wonders, mind still running with questions, and wanting to move on.

"I guess I could keep watch? Isn't that what you call it? Keeping watch?"

 No.685609

>>685608
"I've been working all night, I need to sleep."

 No.685610

>>685606
She notices Fixer doesn't share the same enthusiasm she herself has for magic, and she deflates a little, a little disappointed. Well, some ponies don't like the same things you do, that's what Twilight said.

>>685607
>"Any other volunteers?"

Oh, be helpful! That's one of her friendship lessons.

"Sure, I can help you! Uh, what do you need help with, exactly?"

 No.685611

File: 1494301276946.jpg (80.76 KB, 975x536, sabor eyes.jpg)

>>685609
>>685605
>>685608
>>685606
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ7Tgv178xs

As the four of you converse in the forest, 'moon'light peaking through the thick canopy over the car, the four of you hear yet another rustling coming from within the bushes very suddenly, as though drawn by the mention of your needing sleep.

Unlike with the mares, this time it seems to be coming in each direction, front back and both sides as the low shaking of tree leaves and slight movement of shadows behind the trees hint that you are no longer alone. It's not long before you hear a deep snarling accompanying the rattling of dirt, the sounds of jungle cats and wolves.

Before much time is allowed to act, barely illuminated against the headlights, the streaking figure of four jaguars and four wolves strike out from the shadows, swiftly dashing about and scratching out with claws at each of you as they growl sharply
[1d10] Pain Train
[1d10] Fixer
[1d10] Alexis
[1d10] Aether

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 4 = 4 / Roll #4 7 = 7

 No.685612

>>685611
Fixer gets up and closes the doors of the car, rolling one of the windows down enough for him to stick his horn through, prepping a spell.
[1d10] Homing Magic

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.685613

>>685611
She turns from talking to the khaki colored pony to the attackers, and her eyes widen in surprise.

"Ah!"

She reacts by casting a protection spell on herself.

[1d10+2] Inure from piercing damage on Aether

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9

 No.685614

>>685611
"What is that?" the girl asks as she hears snarling and the rustling of leaves.

"Oh shit!" she says as one of them leaps at her, quickly flying up to dodge it, landing in a tree. Her eyes pan the wild animals attacking them, and she briefly considers fleeing, before seeing the others getting swarmed.

"Um. Um. Um." she looks around for something to use, before spotting a coconut in the tree she's in, picking it and chunking it at the one that tried to attack her.

[1d10+1] Coconut!

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.685615

>>685611
"Wild Animals!"
>"Very astute, Pain. Scare them off or something. You're a big guy."
"For you. Come'n, you gotta shout at them too. You're great at scaring stuff."

>Market sighs, getting into the car with Fixer and facing the same open window.


>FILLIES AND GENTLECOLTS. TONIGHT'S MATCH WILL FEATURE PAAAAAAIN TRAIN, AND HIM SCARING AWAY THESE ANIMALS SO THAT WE CAN SLEEEEEEEEP!"

>Hype: Whether through a motivational speech or through clever advertising, Mr. Market makes the party look like badasses. All attack rolls in melee combat done by allies get +1, as well as looking a lot more painful then they may have been.
(Keep in mind this is melee only, if you want the buff)

Pain Train reacts huffing, shaking his hooves as he warms himself up.
>Fists of Fury: Instant Automatic, Recharge 1; You cannot use any weapons, but your hands can count as any single weapon type. Changing this type is an instant automatic action, and the type lasts until changed. However, you need to change types before you roll an attack, not after.
>Single
He then goes to the animal charging at him and goes to grab it's head, slamming his own head into it with force.
>Shatter: weapon, recharge 2; Breaks the target's defenses, opening them up for attack. Any attacks against a Shattered target crit on a 8+ for one round. Can be used against inanimate objects to break and damage them efficiently.
[1d10+1] DC-1 (Single)

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.685616

File: 1494302402107.gif (886.35 KB, 500x276, tumblr_n9xwdxKRDm1tdy0nco1….gif)


 No.685617

>>685612
You close the door to your clunker right in the nick of time, one of the jaguars ready to bite at your leg through the open door and now stuck clawing at it from the outside, snarling and growling in a mad craze as it tries to push its way through. You stick your horn out of the window in an attempt to blast them, but before your spell forms a wolf jumps on top of the car and bites down on your horn hard, disrupting the magic
>3/5

He bites hard down on the horn
[1d10]

>>685613
With quick thinking, you snap quickly in response and use the magical protection spell Twilight taught you to keep yourself safe from harm. The light gold sphere forms just a jaguar is about to pounce on top of you, instead bouncing off harmlessly as a pair of them now circle around, lashing out and scratching at it but to no avail
>Safe from claws/teeth for four rounds

>>685614
You let your instincts kick in and grab at the hard coconut from the tree-top, throwing it dead on at one of the wolves below who had tried to snap at you. Your aim is true and it clonks it dead in the middle of the eyes, causing it to lose control of its legs and slam right into another tree. It limps down to the ground, motionless
>One dead wolfo

As you float around near the top of the tree, a jaguar begins climbing up after you and reaching for your spectral form
[1d10]

>>685615
Triple M just barely avoids his tail being bit off by a charging, snarling wolf as he enters Fixer's car, closing the door tightly behind him as he calls out the mighty Pain Train's Tetra debut, increasing everyone's attack by +1 for this combat (melee only)

Pain Train charges down the nearest wolf and slams his head full force into it. Its teeth strike against your chest and leave a bite marks
>3/5
But your blow to the head sends it reeling backwards as it tries to shake out the pain, but feels like part of its skull may have been shattered.
>Crits on 8+
It lashes out at you with its teeth once more as the rest of the pack surrounds the car
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 8 = 8

 No.685618

>>685617
>Small correction: Fixer was NOT sticking his horn outside the small slit of the window, it was just big enough for a horn to fit through

Fixer begins prepping his spell to fire out through the window, but as he does so his concentration is rattled by one of the wolves reaching up to the top of the window, and forcing his claw through to land a sizable scratch against Fixer's cheek
>3/5
He keeps trying to push down the window with his weight, swiping more at the delicious looking unicorn on the other side of the door

 No.685619

File: 1494302961287.jpg (110.92 KB, 800x600, sp15.jpg)

>>685617
"Ohoho." Alexis giggles at realizing that actually killed it.

"Oh crap!" she says, seeing the jaguars around the tree. She looks around.

"Come on come on come on…."

She grabs the tree itself and starts shaking the upper trunk and branches, making many more coconuts fall down below.

[1d10+1] Cleave
>Expansive
>Crits 9+ Critfails 4-
>Four Jaguars

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.685620

>>685618
Fixer pulls his crowbar from between the driver seat and console and thrusts it at the woof.
[1d10] Crowbar

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.685621

File: 1494303174559.jpg (88.49 KB, 600x373, Pain Train brutalizes a wo….jpg)

>>685617
Continuing his assault on the wolf, he jumps up and shouts mid air.

"HOWL'S THIS!"
>Disgruntled: Instant Automatic, Once per combat; While not as hostile or confrontive as some of the other more violent races, Donkeys seem to be more prone to irritation, distrust and isolationism. Some people are beyond redemption however and deserve a good kick between the eyes. Anytime during combat you can declare a loathing on a single enemy. All offensive attack rolls gain +1 against that target. Other targets however slip your mind giving you a -1 to attacking them (with the exception of AoE skills that include your object of irritation). You can end your loathing once the target is helpless, dead or decides to submit themselves to your mercy.

He then begins his descent, landing on the wolf and (whatever the elbow of an equine is called)s the wolf in the face, laughing.
[1d10+2] DC-1, Crit 8, Basic attack, also looks cool

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.685622

>>685617
She stares at the hostile creatures for a bit in her safe bubble. She's glad she practiced that one a lot. After a beat she looks around a bit to survey the situation. She sees the red unicorn in a bit of a jam, or, in this case, in between two sets of teeth.

[1d10] Inure from piercing damage on Fixer

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.685623

File: 1494303282985.jpg (31.52 KB, 640x640, mlfw11072_medium.jpg)

>didn't even include the +2

 No.685624

>>685619
The jaguar reaches too far and fails to reach you, instead falling back down to the jungle floor (on his paws, of course). The jaguars pace around the bottom of the tree, and as you shake it to send more coconuts falling down. The jaguars run around and avoid them, but you are unfortunately subject to one of the falling coconuts, which impacts hard against your ghostly forehead
>2/5
One of the jaguars below make another attempt at you
[1d10]

>>685620
>>685622
You grab at your crow bar and swipe at the wolf through the window, but the mutt grabs at the crowbar with his paws and pulls on it, bringing you in closer for a particularly bad gash on the hoof
>0/4

The wolf manages to successfully use his weight to push down on the window, reaching out and biting at the helpless Fixer but is stopped by a shimmering gold barrier that Aether sets up, gnawing uselessly against it. Meanwhile, the other pair of wolves continue lashing out uselessly at her barrier
>Fixer innured against claws/fang for 5 turns
>Aether immune for 3 more

>>685621
Your deep-seated contempt for the wolf increases your ferocity against it, landing your elbow (it's still called that) against the wolf's skull, cracking it further as he continues trying to shake off the prior pain. He counter attacks by leaping on top of you in a reversal, pinning you to the ground as he tries to bite at your neck
>0/4

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.685625

>>685624
>"IT LOOKS LIKE PAIN IS DOWN, IS THIS WOLF GOING TO LEAVE HIM PACK-ING BEFORE THE SHOW EVEN STARTS?" Market shouts from the car, enjoying his safety.

Pain growls at the wolf, grabbing it and leaning to the side, using his body weight to flip the situation and instead be tackling the wolf instead.
>Tumble: Recharge 1; Roll past an enemy, striking them. You may use this ability from helplessness. A successful Tumble from helplessness brings you to your feet.
[1d10+2] not a weapon skill so no DC-1

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.685626

>>685624
Oh no, I've gone helpless.
[1d10]Recover

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.685627

>>685624
"Ow!" Alexis says out of reflex as it bounces to the ground.

She sees the jaguars circling the tree, and briefly looks up at the sky, contemplating flying off, before seeing Pain getting swarmed.

She throws another coconut at the wolf attacking Pain.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.685628

File: 1494304065850.gif (823.36 KB, 500x284, I don't feel pain.gif)

>[meta]
to Ight

 No.685629

>>685624
On a roll, she casts another spell on the same unicorn, a healing spell.

[1d10+2] Heal on Fixer

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.685630

>>685625
>>685627
Pain tries to use his body weight to flip the wolf around as it pins him down, but the wolf gains an second wind and re-adjusts its weight, pushing you back down to the ground in response to the attempted reversal as it tries to bite at you.

Meanwhile, the mad jaguar reaches but fails to slash at Alexis, falling just short out of reach as she throws another coconut at the wolf assaulting Pain. The coconut hits true and the wolf lets out a squeal as it is killed with a sharp blow to the skull
>2 wolves, 4 jaguars left, Disgruntled resets
[1d10] The jaguars keep reaching for that troublesome ghost pony

>>685628
As the coconut kills the wolf and you look at its body, you see it pass its last breath. In an odd show, the breathe leaving its body forms a wispy, yellowish gas that leaves through the mouth. As it does so, you see that gas suddenly swirl into a sphere, condensing rapidly into what appears to be a small, very shiny gray-ish marble that sets down on the ground besides the wolf.

As the wolf is killed, another jaguar is pulled away from Alexis' tree, charging at the Pain Train
[1d10]

>>685626
>>685629
The wolf still finds himself unable to scratch his way past your barrier, the golden glow keeping yourself as you attempt to recover from the wounds it's given you so far. You remain lying in the back seat of the car for the moment.

Aether lets out a bright, shimmering spell that covers Fixer, recovering him fully to 5/5 as his wounds suddenly close up
>helpless removed
>Inure on Aether 2 more turns, Fixer 4 more turns, the wolves still not making a dent in the protective shields

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.685631

>>685630
Fixer gets up and jabs at a wolf with his horn.
[1d10]Horn jab

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.685632

>>685630
Pain grabs the bloody coconut and cracks it on the ground, using it's invigorating milk within to give him the energy to get up.

"INVIGORATING, YEAH!"
[1d10] getting up from helplessness

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.685633

>>685631
make that a recover, then

 No.685634

>>685630
Aether sees the jaguar charging towards the donkey, and she casts another protection spell on him. She's in the moment, in the flow with the magic.

[1d10] Inure from piercing damage on Pain

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.685635

File: 1494304984177.jpg (33.33 KB, 640x640, mlfw11072_medium.jpg)

>>685634
>didn't even include the +2

 No.685636

>>685630
The ghost girl throws another coconut at the jaguar that keeps trying to get up into her tree.

[1d10+1] Coconut

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.685637

>>685631
>>685633
>at 5/5 still due to helpless, but no counterattack damage taken
You are about to pull yourself up to rejoin the fight before you feel the car suddenly shake, the remaining pair of wolves now ramming with their bodies at one side of the car to shake it, throwing off your balance
>3 more turns of Inure

>>685632
>>685635
You smash the coconut on the ground, and drink of its sweet milk to give yourself a rush of energy. You find yourself almost up, but the jaguar's speed is impressive, and it over takes you before you can manage to stand again, biting down into your shoulder sharply and creating another sharp wound
>0/3
[1d10] as it takes another bite

Aether's magic sparks up to try and cast another protective spell around Pain to help him from the jaguar's claws, but as she does so a badly timed slash from one of the others knocks her concentration off, the spell mis-firing in a bright flash that gives her a headache and sends her to the jungle floor
>0/4
>1 more turn of Inure

>>685636
You prepare another coconut to throw at the jaguar, but this time you find yourself facing your own problems as the jaguar that had been clawing at you finally manages to grab a hold of your tail. It pulls you down from above and into chomping range as jumps from the tree with you in tow, biting on you harshly
>0/4
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.685638

>>685637
"Well it's not like I can just pull some ducttape from the hat," he says as he tries to get back up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.685639

>>685637
"Get off me, puss!"

Pain Train says, grabbing at the panther's waist, lifting it up and tossing it down to the position he was just in.
>Tumble [1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.685640

>>685637
"Ow!"

She's sprawled on the jungle floor, her misfired spell in one moment flashing and in another disappearing in front of her.

"Mm…" she hums, getting some dirt in her mane as she turns her head a bit. She would say that her head hurts, but her head hurts too much.

She attempts to get herself up.

[1d10] Recovering from helplessness

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.685641

>>685637
Alexis screams in fear as the jaguar grabs her out of the tree, biting into her leg. She lands on the ground with a hard thud, and begins to panic, kicking the leg its biting to try and free herself.

"Somepony, help its got my boot!" she says kicking at it.

[1d10] Remove Helpless

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.685642

>>685638
>Being helpless for three turns increases the crit-fail range for recovery to 3-
As you try to pull yourself up out of helpless, the wolves that shake the car jump in through the window once more, and with a lucky bite manages to grip down around your hind leg despite the barrier being in place
>5/4
>Inured for 2 more rounds

>>685639
The jaguar is unfortunately even heavier than the earlier wolf was, and you find yourself hardpressed to get the giant pony-eating feline off of you as it keeps gnawing at you in a ravenous hunger
>0/2
[1d10]

>>685640
The effect of the spell manages to wear off and you find yourself lucid once again, standing up on the jungle floor. However, just as you do, you see your barrier flickering and giving out around you, disappearing into nothing and leaving you vulnerable to the wolves and jaguars who then lash out at you
>5/4
[1d10]

>>685641
Your boots do little more than agitate the jaguar, who snarls and pulls harshly on the leg further into its grasp as it tries to gnaw its way up the leg to bite at your ghostly flesh
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 5 = 5

 No.685643

Fixer goes limp and waits it out for the others to finish the job.

 No.685644

>>685642
>"For fucks sake Pain get up already." Margin says, dropping the act as he watches within the car.

"Trying, goddamnit."
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.685645

>>685642
"Let! Go! Of me!" she kicks some more, freaking out.

[1d10] Lemme go!

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.685646

>>685642
She notices her magical barrier flicker away.

"Oh, that's not good."

She's about to cast another protective spell on herself when…

>>685644
She hears the needless to say distressed voices of the donkey and the khaki colored pony, and casts the protective spell on the fighter.

Inure from piercing damage on Pain, using Spell Resonance to make it automatic

 No.685647

>>685646
>Inure

Changing it to Heal on Pain, still using Spell resonance so it's automatic.

 No.685648

>>685643
Due to the increasing danger of the events outside, you decide to lay low until the others have fought to the end of the battle, the car still rattling around you
>Inure remains for 1 turn

>>685644
>>685646
The struggle against the hungry jaguar continues as it forces its claws into the champion's chest, dealing serious damage until Aether notices the distressed sounds of the fighter, using her experience with magic to effortlessly weave a healing spell over the donkey
>5/2

As she does so, the attacks continue against the pair, the group of feral animals growing every vicious
[1d10] for Pain Train
[1d10] for Alexis

>>685645
The jaguar's dead, golden eyes glare at you without emotion as its teeth continue tearing apart your boot, moving ever more closely to the vulnerable parts of your body in its attack
[1d10]

As the battle continues against the creatures, you all also hear the sounds of far-off voices through the woulds, intelligible but definitely spoken words being shouted to one another throughout the forest drawing closer.

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 10 = 10 / Roll #3 8 = 8

 No.685649

>>685648
>"Once more, with gusto!"

Pain grumbles again, trying his flip move again.
>Tumble [1d10+1] even though i didn't make the description, Hype makes it so you have to make it sound painful

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.685650

>>685648
Fixer uses the crowbar to reach around and honk the car horn from his position on the floor.

 No.685651

>>685648
Aether then sees a cougar going for what looks like will be a devastating attack on Alexis, and she casts another protective spell on her. Gotta protect your friends, right? They are friends, right? I think so. If not now, then future friends.

 No.685652

[1d10+2] Inure from piercing damage on Alexis

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9

 No.685653

>>685648
Alexis takes her free leg and kicks hard at the jaguar's face trying to free herself.

[1d10] >tfw no dice gods

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.685654

>>685651
uh, you don't get to bring friends

 No.685655

File: 1494308531636.png (Spoiler Image, 55.41 KB, 230x219, 1401702__safe_screencap_tw….png)

>>685654
this guy

 No.685656

>>685654
Go away DSTY

 No.685657

>>685649
Sadly, the fatigue from your previous fight in the rings of Las Pegasus has left you dry, with no time to have slept or recover you find yourself off your game. You manage to keep the jaguar away from your jugulars, but you do not manage to force it off.

>5/2, still helpless


>>685653
You desperately swipe your legs at the jaguar, but unfortunately its grip is tight and unyielding, the teeth finally lashing into your leg and biting down hard
>0/3

>>685652
>>685653
However, just before the jaguar can deliver another punishing bite, a golden glow of magic shoots out from Aether's horn and surrounds Alexis in a protective glow, shielding her from the jaguar's attack
>Inured for 4 turns vs the animals
The jaguar manages to catch Aether off guard as she protects Alexis, slashing at her cloak
>2/4

>>685650
You reach over with the crow bar and push down on the horn, sending out a large honk that startles the various jaguars and wolves for a moment before you being to hear the cries of more shouting coming from within the forest
>"THERE! It's coming from that direction!"
>"Slider, take your group on the the left! Meeko, follow me on the right!"

The sounds of combat are taken over by a new slew of new animal like howls, and suddenly from the shade of the trees in two directions another pack of animals, this one mostly made up of wolves lead by two jaguars, as well as a single boa constrictor, leap to jump out at the animals assaulting you, seeming to recognize who is in need of help or not. The two packs of animals bite and scratch at one another, the ferals attacking you now outnumbered (including you)
"They're Doomed! Put them out of their misery, now!" One of the new arrivals, the bigger of the jaguars, shouts out
[1d10] 6 new combatants
[1d10] the 6 remaining ferals

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.685658

>>685657
Fixer crawls over the console, turning the key in the slot to make the engine roar and blast out black smoke from under the hood.

 No.685659

File: 1494309088714.webm (2.95 MB, 960x540, regret.webm)

>>685657
up
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.685660

>>685657
>>685657
Alexis pulls back, her boot ruined. She takes it off and it vanishes. It'll be back. She pulls backwards into the barrier, burying her chin in her legs as she looks around the dark jungle, the roar of voices from the animals and the sounds of more battle. She tries to gain her bearings.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.685661

>>685657
She sharply inhales and lets out an "Ah!" when the jaguar attacks her, furrowing her brows at the sight of her beloved cloak slashed.

She turns her eyes to the donkey, still down and struggling with the hostile creatures, and casts a healing spell on him to hopefully invigorate him.

[1d10+2] Heal on Pain

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3

 No.685662

>>685658
You move over to the front of the car, the enemy outside distracted by the new arrivals as you reach forward and turn the engine to make the thick, black smoke shoot out from under the hood. As you do so, you hear several of the animals cough and hack, one of the wolves turning towards the window of your car as he howls,
"*hack*! W-what is this thing, some kind of… smoke maker?" He looks through the thick, pillowing smoke (which hinders both sides of the battle, leading to no real blood being drawn yet) as he looks away from his opponent for a moment, staring directly at you for a moment. "What…." before one of the jaguars that attacked you hits back at him

>>685659
You attempt to get up one last time, but as you do so the jaguar that had assaulted knocks back one of the new jaguars, forcing him back down on your chest where the pain is most significant, and re-opening an internal wound
>5/1

The new jaguar, black in color rather than traditional gold/black, growls, "Acch! My apologies, rest assured… we have this… under control!"

>>685660
You abandon your astral boot and try to get your bearings back again, getting behind the barrier as you try to get your bearings. All around you you see chaos as the two groups of animals engage each other ferociously, but you find the damage done to your leg from before is much more extensive than you realized
>0/2

>>685661
You try and cast your spell one more time to get Pain up from helpless, focusing and preparing to cast it before one of the original wolves finds himself distracted from his opponents, jumping out at the bright glow of your horn instead and snipping at your face, sending you back down to the ground helpless and unable to finish the spell
>0/3

The two groups of animals continue to fight against each other
[1d10] The new arrivals
[1d10] The old assailants

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.685663

>>685662
describe it cool if it works
tumble an enemy [1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.685664

>>685662
Fixer shouts out the window. "Hey assholes, what're you attacking us for?"

 No.685665

>>685662
"Aether!" Alexis shouts, standing up on her good leg, her bad one riddled with teeth-marks.

[1d10] Remove Helpless, come on dice be cool. I'll be your best friend

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.685666

>>685662
"Agh!"

Her head now feels like it's full of buzzing bees as she experiences a terror that to her is much too palpable. She's curled up a bit, suggestive of a fetal position, as water drips out of her shut eyes. She is silent, overwhelmed.

>>685665
But then she hears Alexis call her, out of her stupor. She opens her eyes, still wet, and tries to get back up.

[1d10] Recovering from helplessness

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.685667

Recovering because why not
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.685668

File: 1494311173317.jpg (Spoiler Image, 28.4 KB, 640x640, mlfw11157_medium.jpg)


 No.685669

>>685664
As you shout out the window at the ensuing combat, the grey wolf who saw you before pushes back against his opponent, snarling against one of the jaguars as he turns to you, "N-no, you have it all wrong! These ones aren't with us!" He shouts through the window, the wolf barely keeping his opponent in check, "Grrr…. w-well, I mean they WERE but, not anymore! They're mad beasts now, there's nothing left in their heads…" he growls, and then turns to you, "You're… you're a pony, aren't you?!"

>>685665
You finally manage to get yourself up from helpless as you see Aether placed under attack
>5/2

>>685666
Though at first the blow to your cheek leaves you scared out of your wits and overwhelmed, Alexis' voice spurs you to stand back up again to full height
>5/3

>>685663
As the two pair of jaguars struggle on top of you, you finally manage to find the strength and will to stand up once again, rising up with the both of them on your back as your legs scream to get up and give it another go round. You finally perform your patented reversal, flipping the original jaguar that clawed you on to his back and bumping his head into the car, creating a small bruise as the new arrival rolls over to the side, looking at you with a curious look.

"…..well… this was unexpected. What are you…" as the jaguar lunges at him again, the black jaguar snarls, "Nevermind, questions later, fight now!"

>>685663
>>685665
>>685666
Finding yourself back up, you see that the new arrival of animals are doing a decent job of keeping your enemy in check, though the feral animals that attacked you have unfortunately slayed one of the wolves as their ferocity to seems a step above your new allies. They do not give up, however, and keep pressing on wards now with your aid
>"For Kachina!"
[1d10] The new arrivals (5)
[1d10] The old assailants (6)

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.685670

>>685669
>7/2 for alexis btw, sorry

 No.685671

>>685669
"How about we call this a truce for now?" Fixer says, honking the horn again, "Sort things out nice and proper?"

 No.685672

>>685669
She gets up and attempts again to cast a healing spell on the donkey, who looks as if he's taken a heavy beating.

[1d10+2] Heal on Pain

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.685673

File: 1494312240593.gif (1.31 MB, 300x169, what is a god to a non-bel….gif)

>>685669
Pain shouts with primal rage, throwing a hoof wildly at the feral jaguar.
>"That's it Pain, now go for the kill!" Market says, eyes glinting with pride again after looking away.

Pain takes the rival jaguar and picks him up, throwing him to the ground in attempt to shatter some more bones.
>Shatter [1d10+1] DC-1, rule of cool

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.685674

>>685669
Alexis continues staying inside the magical spherical barrier, watching the strange sight of the talking animals fighting the creatures that just attacked them.

She is breathing heavily.

 No.685675

>>685671
The wolf you speak to continues to struggle against the jaguar that assails him just outside the window amid the black smoke forming from the car, who barks and shouts back, "A truce between us? That's all well and good! But I just said, THESE ones…" he shouts as another of his brethren comes to bite at the jaguar's neck, bringing it down as he helps to put down one of the violent jaguars. He pants, and jumps up to put his paws over the window again, "Don't know reason." He stares at you, "D-do you need a paw up? Er, hoof?"

He reaches for your hoof, trying to pull you out of helpless
[1d10]

>>685672
>>685673
>>685674
Aether's magic focuses around Pain Train's body, healing up his internal injuries and bringing him back from the brink of death as he's healed to 5/2.

With his primal instinct for battle returned, Pain leaps at the rival jaguar and successfully lifts him up, the creature scratching and clawing his way against his hide before he brings down the entire cat in one, ferocious body slam. You hear ever bone in his spine shatter at once as you slam him down to the ground, leaving the jaguar lifeless on the jungle floor. Same as before, you notice a strange orange mist leaving his mouth as he dies, which forms into a small shiny marble around his body.

Meanwhile, Triple M's inspiring words (the +1 to melee) throws the other friendly animals into a flurry, one of their own dying again (one of the friendly jaguars) but successfully slaying all but one of the remaining ferals, a final wolf. He snarls around, looking for who to attack first among his far superior numbers, before turning in a final moment to Pain, seeking a final challenge as it leaps at him. The other animals move to intercept, angrily seeking revenge for their lost men
[1d10] The final wolf, launch himself at Pain
[1d10+1] The three remaining helpful animals (one spending his action helping Fixer up)

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 4 + 1 = 5

 No.685676

File: 1494313119314.jpg (51.27 KB, 640x360, Pain Train victorious.jpg)

>>685675
Fuck, almost fogot pic related

 No.685677

>>685675
Fixer opens his door and falls out of the car, getting up on his hooves. "Yes, alright," he says," looking over the dead panthers, "Explain the situation here, please."

 No.685678

File: 1494313333881.gif (989.92 KB, 350x239, pain takes the mic.gif)

>>685675
Panting, Pain looks to the last wolf, dead in the eye, then taking off his championship belt from his body and lifting it above him,

"I AM PAIN TRAIN. I AM THE INTERNATIONAL SADDLEMANIA CHAMPIONSHIP BELT HOLDER. YOU ARE A WOLF. IT'S TIME I TAKE YOU…"

Pain starts running at the wolf, full-barrel,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT02-Lzg-CA

"TO THE WATERTROUGH!"

>"THE WATERTROUGH FOLKS. THAT'S PAIN TRAIN'S FINISHER. THERE'S NO WAY THAT WOLF IS COMING BACK FROM THIS!"


Pain Train scoops the wolf up as he runs by and bends a (i think it's just called a knee) knee and slams the wolf's back into it, bending him into a 90 degree angle. He then picks the wolf back up, drops him on the ground, and places a back hoof on it's back, using his forehooves to pull the wolf into another sharp angle, breaking the creature's back both ways.

>"ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL FILLIES AND GENTLECOLTS. THE PAIN TRAIN HAS ARRIVED AT THE STATION AND HE'S STEAAAAAAAMING."

 No.685679

>>685675
>>685678
She looks blankly to the donkey do away with the last wolf. Their attackers were done with. I'm pretty sure.

Okay, I'm done.

Aether's eyes roll back as she faints and falls over. That was a little too intense for her. Someone could try to wake her up, or not.

 No.685680

>>685676
>>685675
Alexis takes half a step forward, before simply floating into the air, missing one of her boots [a minor loss, her clothes always eventually reform], the semi-transparent girl looking around at the scene of bodies, the talking animals, and Pain Train and his screaming manager.

She continues breathing heavily, eyes in a thousand foot stare. If she still possessed a heart, it would be thumping wildly.

 No.685681

>>685678
"You stupid meathead, we're calling a truce with the wolves!" Fixer shouts at Pain Train.

 No.685682

>>685681
Disregard this

 No.685683

>>685678
The remaining combatants (a wolf, the black jaguar, and the boa constrictor) all leap and miss the wolf as he charges past them to you, leading himself right into your trap as Triple M gives you first Tetra match the go out it deserves. You pick up the wolf in your hooves effortlessly now that you're angry, and break its back like the bat as it gives out a final, whimpered cry, the wolf knocking on death's door already as you put it on the ground, and then snap it the other way. The other animals all cringe loudly as you deliver the killing blow, looking at the shouting unicorn with confusion as their ears fold back from the noise.

The boa constrictor slithers over to the wolf's body, and once more you see the odd phenomena of the marble forming near its mouth after it passes on. The lead jaguar sighs. "It is done… they were dead long before they started this fight. May their fortune in the next life be far better."

>>685677
The grey wolf that helps you up takes another look at you, seemingly bewildered. He moves around you in a circle as you get up out of the car, ears flickering as he observes you. "You really are a pony… hahaha… hahahaha! I don't believe! Thank the Four, did you come here to help us? Do you know the Princess? Are you…" he eagerly gets in your face before you hear another snarl.

"Slider, that's enough." The lead jaguar calls back from the front where Pain Train finished off the last wolf. He turns to you. "Forgive him, he's… WE'RE not used to seeing so many of you at once."

>>685680
After Pain Train finishes off the last wolf, you are met with peculiar stares by the remaining number of the troupe. The wolf and boa closes to you turn their heads, both keeping their distance as the boa mentions, backing off slowly, "Is this one… a ghost? I don't think the Princess ever mentioned any of the Twelve were ghosts."
The wolf leers at you from the same distance as the snake, though his face seemingly more curious than his companion. "Well, I heard a story there IS a dead one but, I don't think this one is her. Definitely odd" The wolf stares to step a little closer, sniffing at you, "In fact she doesn't look like ANY of the ones I've heard about."

The jaguar snarls, "Please stop talking about them as though they're not right in front of you."

>>685680
>>685678
>>685677
>>685679
As Aether is finally overloaded by the events of what occurs, and falls over unconscious, the animals give a gasp, the wolf and the boa running over to look at her limp body, "Oh no, a-are you alright?" The boa asks, moving up close to your muzzle to prod it with his. "H-hey, wake up, this is no place to take a nap! Wake up, please?" The wolf stands warily nearby, unsure whether to approach.

The jaguar looks around the campsite you all set up, turning to Fixer in particular as he asks to explain the situation. "You mean you don't know…?" He grimaces, purring softly as he turns towards the dead creatures that had attacked you. "These wild beasts that attacked you are formal animals who were sound in mind and body… until they were taken over by the Taint. Now they are Doomed: mindless, feral monsters who revel in bloodshed waiting for either death, or a fate far worse." He looks down. "We had hoped to find them, and help them, before this happened but… we appear to be too late."

He turns to you, "Might you answer one of my questions now? Who are all of you, and where did you come from? We saw long, streaks of light in the sky striking down from our patrols."

 No.685684

>>685683
"Boy you sure would get a kick out of coming to where we're from, I imagine. I don't know any princess, myself, just ponies with that for a name. I hardly know anyone else here, so I'll only be able to tell you what I know."

"My name's Fixer Heater, I'm a maintenance and repair expert who knows a fair bit of magic."

 No.685685

File: 1494316371082.gif (1.69 MB, 320x180, MMM hyping Pain.gif)

>>685683

>Margin leaves the vehicle and goes to Pain, nudging him in the side. Pain winces as Margin speaks to him in a hushed tone,

>"Hell of a first match, huh chief?"
"No one told me we were fighting wild animals."
>"No one told me either. Tough break. You pulled through though.
"Suppose so."
>"Now look at the folks around here. Certainly haven't pitched you to talking animals before."
"Of all the ponies, you're the one who can pull it off."
>"You're damn right about that, Pain. Go look intimidating for me."

Pain unwraps his bloodied hoofwraps and wraps it around his most apparent, bleeding injuries, hissing through his teeth.
>Meanwhile, Market Margin goes to confront the talking animals,

"You want to know who we are? Let me tell you about the greatest fighter ever to live, the SINGLE MOST adored combatant ever to grace EQUESTRIA. That's right, that donkey right there is no other than the infallible PAAAAAAAAIN TRAIN, World Championship ETF Fighter and holder of the Saddlemania Championship Belt for over a year."
>Market Margin picks up the belt that Pain had taken off, dusting it off and handing it back to the bandaging donkey.
>"Now you may be wondering. Why do I talk so much about the amazing Pain Train. Are the stories true? The answer is yes, for the later, and for the former, I am the one and only Mr. Market Margin, proud manager of Pain Train and his likeness. I make sure he looks good."
>Market smiles, slightly yellowed teeth grinning as the moonlight shines off his balding head.
>"And you might be…?"

 No.685903

>>685683
Alexis continues trying to slow her breathing [more out of habit then actual need for air] after having her leg chewed up. She looks at the animals nervously as they talk about her being a ghost, backing up as the wolf sniffs at her.

"T-talking-"
"Talking animals." she says inbetween breaths.
>>685683
"There's a jaguar. *breathbreath* and he's talking to me." Alexis says, backing up against a tree, bare hoof sticking just slightly in the damp mud at its base.

 No.685904

>>685683
As Aether feels something prodding her muzzle, her head tilts a little, not resisting the external force. She's still breathing and hums out a quiet "Mmm…", but other than that she's motionless. It looks like she's still recovering from that eventful experience.



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]