[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1488679149661.jpg (388.83 KB, 1919x1080, screen-8_0.jpg)

 No.683231[Last 50 Posts]

This is a sci fi game using FEMTO. Information on it can be found here: http://pastebin.com/pf0hnWFi

 No.683234

File: 1488679745239.jpg (846.28 KB, 1280x800, SciFiSpace56303_1280x800.jpg)

Equestria is no more. With the planet having become uninhabitable, its sentient races have taken to the stars. With the creation of countless sprawling space colonies known as Arks, the newly formed SUN-MOON EMPIRE has united the myriad races, bringing about a new era of prosperity.

However, a new threat is rising in the Empire. Disgruntled outlaws from all over the galaxy are being rallied by an unknown leader and forming a furtive alliance known as the SPURNED. Their true motives a mystery, they have declared war on the Empire, refusing to rest until the royal twins have been slain.

Well known in the Empire are a freelance group of spacers named the GOLDEN COMPANY. Well known for their reliability, having never broken a contract, the Company are comprised of thousands of travelers from all walks of life. The party seek to join the Company and make their fortune, having booked transport to one of their many bases across the galaxy….

Post sheets.

 No.683235

File: 1488679922302.png (230 KB, 793x428, 1487633265030.png)


 No.683236

File: 1488679924139.png (35.88 KB, 200x200, Teal Drop.png)


 No.683237

File: 1488679932385.jpg (11.92 KB, 190x279, Kabayashi-san.jpg)


 No.683239

File: 1488679993272.png (65.89 KB, 439x400, Pyrite Facecrop 2.png)


 No.683243

File: 1488680963087.png (101.66 KB, 590x500, Risky Hooves.png)


 No.683246

>>683235
>>683236
>>683237
>>683239
>>683243
Hailing from all over the vast expanse that is the Sun-Moon Empire, you have all eventually made your separate ways aboard a transport shuttle owned by the Golden Company. You have recently departed from a major trading Ark of Alambil, and are bound to shortly arrive at a smaller station orbiting it. Property of the Golden Company, the space station known as Iridav is one of the freelancer collective's lesser known outposts, but the closest one to your location so you may become part of them.

The five of you are sitting in the passenger area of the Company shuttle, bereft of almost all your luggage save for the clothes on your backs. You are not alone; there are about three or four other passengers aboard as well, although they are either asleep or keeping themselves occupied. The ship you are currently on is a large transport vessel, of the type regularly used by commercial companies for travel within a star system as opposed to long transgalactic flights. Booking this transport was not particularly expensive, and the interior you are in seems to reflect this.

The cabin is somewhat unremarkable, being a spacious, cylindrical area with a plain metallic tone to it. It is rusting slightly in some areas, and the place has lost its tone with age, but it is still in serviceable condition. The walls are lined with plain black leather couches for passengers to rest on, with monitors protruding from the on the ceiling displaying the local news and portholes with a view of space at regular intervals. There are a handful of posters on the walls as well, mostly advertising the local Arena or remind citizens to report any Spurned activity. At the far end of the room is a cube-shaped, idly humming robot of some sort with several thin appendages and treads for legs. Its front displays a list of food and drink that one can order during the flight. Regrettably, there isn't much to choose from on the menu, being limited to a narrow selection of sandwiches and small snacks due to the briefness of the trip.

At the far end of the room, above the robot, is a countdown to your arrival at Iridav Station. Judging from the reading, it will be about 3 hours until you reach it. The Golden Company don't seem to have provided much in the way of on-flight entertainment to pass the time. Through the glass door at the far end of the cabin, you can see another room with more seats hosting other travelers to Iridav; however, apart from the five of you and the other few passengers, you are alone in this section of the vessel.

With lack of many other ways to pass the time, it occurs to you that it may be a good idea to introduce yourselves to your fellow would-be mercenaries.

 No.683248

>>683246
Tapping my talons on the metallic walling, i hop out of the seat to stretch.

"High time we got out of this can, the higher gravity is a killer on the back.."

"Which one of you are off to sign up for this merc job?" I ask, resetting a pressure valve on my limb. "I want to know my crew before we land."

 No.683249

>>683246
Pyrite is swaying from side to side slightly, with a big dopey grin on his face. He looks to the other four in the cart, before speaking up with "Well, howdy! Guess y'all're headin' t' Iridav too? M' na-Oh, sorry." he offers, looking over to Riky "O-Oh, that'd be me! M' name's Pyrite! 'S good t' meet ya miss!"

 No.683250

>>683249
"Yeah? You're with me, then?"

eying the armor and shield, i nod.

"Lot of armor for one pony, i like it! You look like you can cause some damage, Pyrite."

 No.683252

>>683246
The annoyed looking Veta can be seen lounging on the couch, mostly staring at the countdown clock and her tail tapping against the piece of furniture impatiently. While she would have normally started playing a game on her wrist, sadly, she was bored of the game currently inside it and all of the other cartridges were in her normal luggage.

>>683248
"Oh, you're doing this too? And just when I thought I was done meeting the clinic duty regulars," she 'greets' while looking at Risky.
"Guess you can be glad you won't see a bill from me in about a month since it'll be free and no unmotivated interns to screw things up."

 No.683253

>>683249
>>683248
"Your crew? Oh, I didn't realize you were the captain!" Hui says in surprise. "That'd be me then too. I'm Hui of the Undisol line. I didn't get your name before I boarded, captain."

 No.683256

>>683252
"Veta? Well isn't this a surprise! You seem as cheery as i left you a while back. Keeping up with Brimstone? Lost track of the big guy ages ago."

>>683253
"Aye, i kept low 'till we were out of station range, i've got quite the rap sheet."

"You've probably heard of the scourge of open space, the wraith in red, Captain Risky Hooves?"

 No.683257

>>683249
"Mhmm! I can take an awful lotta damage, an' I can do an alright amount m'self! Pretty dang good at keepin' other people up an' at 'em too!" the large earth pony says with an excited nod
>>683252
>>683253
"Oh! Are y'all gonna be on th' team too? Good t' meet ya!" he (almost) shouts "Guess you're a doc, then?" he asks, pointing at Veta "What do ya do, Mr. Hui?"

 No.683258


 No.683259

>>683246
>>683248

The breezie, having until now resting on top of one of the monitors, peering over the edge and checking the wiring - given how the quality of the video feed seemed to be lacking something as far as her knowledge of this model was concerned - perked up at the voice of unicorn. Sadly, it wasn't the case of the landing party coming to greet them yet. Nonetheless, someone to have a chit-chat with was a preferable option, given the potential time until arrival.

She swooped down round the the mare's vicinity, casting a curious gaze at the piratey-looking pony.

"Oh, yes, yes, definitely so! This is gonna be great! The Company seems to offer so much here… hey, name's Teal! What's yours, miss? You look like a wanderer. Are you one? Do you plan to join the mercenaries to wander more?"

>>683249

"Pyrite! Name like a mountain, you reverberate positively so, sir, whaaaaaa, i feel your voice resound, gonna get used to it… or is it just the ship? Hey, are we boarding yet? No, we're boarding yet. Wow, you sure wear a lot. Do you work out a lot, sir?"

 No.683261

>>683259
"You could say that, yeah. A wanderer of a type, though i've not done much wandering lately, no ship and all."

"Y'seem busy up there, just what are you up to?"

 No.683262

>>683259
Pyrite leans in, lowering his voice some "Shucks, good t' meet ya, Miss Teal! And, Mhmm! I used t' be a miner b'fore joinin' th' guard, so I was always workin' out in one way 'r another."

 No.683263

>>683256
"We don't get to hear much of the outside while we're in our training, so I'm afraid not. Any topics I should avoid bringing up?" he asks, lowering his head in respect.

>>683257
"I'm a soldier," he answers, unsure of the climate around magic among the crew. "And a collector for the Undisol family's research."

 No.683264

>>683263
"Sounds good t' me! And, uh… I can't think 'a any topics ya shouldn't bring up."

 No.683265

>>683256
"Cheery, right, sure," she says with a roll of her eyes, "anyway, nah, haven't seen the canned dragon meat in a while. Kind of surprised honestly; figured I'd see him overdosing on whatever it is he shoots himself up with."

>>683257
Veta rubs on of her ears at the loudness of Pyrite's voice.
"No, I just carry this med school degree around for funsies."

>>683259
Her gaze goes to the breezie, and she gives a groan.
"Great. Now I actually have to measure my own doses."

>>683263
>>683262
>>683261
>>683259
"So a 'soldier', a tiny butterfly, a pirate missing a limb, and a stallion head-to-toe in armor."
She shakes her head.
"Good grief, gonna have my work cut out for me. But hey, when it rains, it pours I guess…."

 No.683268

>>683265
"Oh, really? Wl as long s ya have fun, I suppose." he says, without a hint of sarcasm

 No.683269

>>683263
stumbling, i recover and clear my throat.

"W-well I've got a less than legal reputation to keep going, The company didn't exactly vet their pick for positions."

"Y'look level headed enough, what say you help with the negotiations? I've never been good with deal-making. A mare of action, you know how it goes."

 No.683272

>>683269
"Understood, captain. I don't like to throw the family name around too lightly but most folks have respect for it, so they won't be much trouble with me around."

 No.683273

>>683252
>>683261

The Breezie adress both the unicorn and the diamond dog, taking turns looking from one to the other as the conversation goes on.

"Woooh, you know each other? Small galaxy! Wait, regulars? You mean you got treated often, miss Risky? Before joining the mercenaries? Jeeze, where did you work? Also, what might be your name, doctor? You are a doctor, right? Can we call you one, like now? Are the mercenaries officially cooperating with the health care system now? Wait, no ship, miss Risky? Oooh, gotcha! Wonder what we'll be having as ours. If we do. Like, they might just drop us undercover in the middle of some jungle at the other end of the galaxy, right? But hey, we're bound to get a ship eventually if we go high enough, right? And oh, that thing, eh? Seems like a model from the AX 3t4d line, but the crystalization looks just so off, like it could use calibrating. Maybe something with the core… meh, wouldn't be surprised. This whole cabin looks like it could use some refurbishing. Hope we see better once we reach the station."

>>683262

"Ohh, appreciated! Say, mister, if we end up together, I'm gonna have a mighty need for someone like you. Probably. Not sure what they'll want us with. But some parts are just so heavy, aaaah. Probably not as heavy as your armor though! You a guard? Ohh, bountiful, the mercs could probably see from a differing viewpoint. All benefits.."

>>683263

"A soldier! That is great! Why are you changing from being a soldier though, then? Oh, or are you gonna be both a mercenary and a soldier? Twice the excitement, twice the benefit? Also, collector? You mean, like a hobby? What is that you collect?"

 No.683275

>>683273
The more the little breezie talked, the tighter her eyes squinted at it. When there peace once again, she took her time answering as she reached in and grabbed a bottle, shook out some pills, and looked ready to take them. However, another glance at the breezie resulted in her shaking out a few more.
"Just called me Veta," she says after dry swallowing all the pills.

 No.683276

>>683273
"What? Oh. No, this is all part of my preexisting duties to the family. Historically, they preserved many artifacts of old world culture, media, history and technology that would've been lost otherwise, so collection is all business as usual for them."

 No.683278

>>683273
"Sure thing, miss! And it ain't too big 'a deal f'r me. I'm awfully big, so heavy armor ain't too huge'f a deal."

 No.683281

>>683265
>>683275

At Veta's reply, the Breezie laughs heartily.

"Oh, you have a sense of humour, miss! I like your already! And hey, can help with dosing if that's a deal! Just tell me what's the regular value, pretty used to being a tiny butterfly in this world with the doctors and apothecaries having meds cut out for bigger ponies already! I mean, not wanna intrude on the medical busisiness, if it's serious and you have a legal reason to do things yourself, but hey, count me in for help when that's concerned! Veta, that's such a nice sounding name! Kinda sounds like a veterinary though. Is being a doctor your family business?"

>>683276

"Oh, that's so exciting! Past technology holds sometimes as many mysteries as the future, aaah… like, sometimes, you backtrack the way of thinking of those genius inventors and you come to new conclusions just by applying their way of thinking to new technology; it's amazing! Like they were living up till this day! Plus, that's a lot more you're mentioning, jeeze, sounds like quite the collection! Are you becoming a mercenary to look around for more?"

>>683278

"Yay! Awesome to hear that, thank you! I'll make sure to get back to you on that one!"

 No.683282

>>683269
>>683275
>>683276
>>683278
>>683281
Time passes aboard the transport, and before you know it, you are arriving at Iridav. You had been told that it was one of the smaller Arks, and it definitely shows from the outside. It's not much more than a large hunk of metal floating in space, vaguely shaped like two femurs stuck together. Not much to look at, but then again, these sorts of places rarely are. You watch as your transport moves closer and closer to Iridav, a large square panel on its surface opening and your vehicle passing through a barely visible rippling force field protecting the base itself from the outside.

After the vessel finishes docking and the doors are opened, you gather your luggage and exit the transport into Iridav's interior, you enter what could only be described as a very large bar of sorts. It is dimly lit and circular in shape, with several alcoves at regular intervals along the perimeter. At the room's center is the counter, also circular, with a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages being advertised. A spiraling set of stairs around the bar lead to a platform above the counter, which is home to a DJ set which is currently unoccupied; instead, faint, tinny electronic music is warbling through the speakers around the room. Air vents on the floor emit vapor, making the room rather hazy in appearance, the bright yellow and blue lights piercing the faint mist about the place. The are is filled with about two dozen Golden Company mercenaries of all shapes and sizes, taking time between missions to relax and enjoy a good drink. Some of them eye you up, judging you to be newcomers from the luggage you carry, but no one steps up to welcome you. You notice many of the bar's patrons are gathered around the far wall, which hosts a huge digital billboard, although you can't see what is written on it from where you are.

You recall that to enrol as a mercenary, you were recommended to speak to the one in charge around Iridav, a griffon named Gwenael Carrith. Looking around, you can see quite a few griffons among the crowd, but none of them strike you as looking particularly leaderly.

 No.683284

>>683282
"Tch. much as i'd like to fire a few rounds to get their attention, they'd probably return the favor."

making my way further into the bar, i try and listen in for anyone barking orders or looking the part.
[1d10] Search

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.683286

>>683281
"Of course. Easy transport, easy pay, wide ground covered. Much more efficient than just trying to pick up leads independently. And what brought you here?"

>>683282
He goes up to the counter and asks to see Gweneal Carrith.

 No.683287

File: 1488686010383.png (236.88 KB, 341x363, Rising.png)

>>683281
Veta holds her face in her mechanical hands, wishing the hydrocodone was faster acting.
"Oh for the love of…," she mumbles to herself, then looks at the breezie. Annoyed.
"No, I'm fine. I've treated breezies before, just remarking it's going to be a pain that I can't just take a pre-measured syringe and just jab it in you."

"And no. I have no idea what my family does anymore."

>>683282
Reunited with her luggage, Veta digs in it really quick to pull out a game cartridge and swaps out the old one. She sighs.
"Finally, now let's see if I can finally beat the speeder bike level."

Veta manages to follow the group, even while playing her game, though in terms of finding Gweneal, she just shrugs and walks around the place. Mostly to look at things in between the occasional PAUSE screen, though not paying mind if she bumps into anyone.

>bumping into Gweneal…literally

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.683290

>>683282
"Shucks, I ain't really sure which one's who we're lookin' for… I ain't th' best at this, so I think I'll jus' follow along with y'all."

 No.683295

>>683282

"Waaaah, no welcoming party, but instead, this whole place looks like one ready for a part instead!"

The Breezie eyes up the place, itching to dart in the crowd and see stuff from up close. She doesn't do that until after she responds to hear possible teammates-to-be, however:

>>683284

"Oh, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you having a few shots over at the counter, teehee.. wanna get some later?"

>>683286

"Sounds like a perfect combination indeed! And as for me… oh, I'm actually already in the job. Just seeing what this company has to offer…"

>>683287

"Right… gotcha."

The Breezie stops, seeing the Dog grow annoyed close to mentioning the family and stops there, thinking it might have been that paw that she landed on, painfully so. She decides to give her a moment. It was a new situation for those here, after all.

Having done all that, she does as initially intended, grabbing her Breezie-sized belongings and getting to searching the place.

>Getting lost in the crowd in search for this one specific griffon


[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.683300

>>683284
You make your way to the other end of the bar area, where you can see that the billboard has a rapidly changing list of available and unavailable jobs in a somewhat garish glowing green font. A huge, rectangular robot is controlling it, taking orders from the mercenaries gathered around it and updating the jobs rapidly. You ask one of the mercenaries, an older mare in a beige hoodie and an eyepatch, if she knows anything about Gwenael's whereabouts. The mare simply shrugs and mumbles something about a certain Camus.

>>683286
You are greeted by one of the bartenders, a young-looking unicorn with a red jacket, thick glasses and a scruffy beard. "Bad timing," he grunts as he washes one of the glasses by hoof. A nearby out of order robot explains his doing so. "Gwen just left a few hours ago. The big boss wanted to see her, I don't know about what. She won't be back for a week. If you need anything, go down below and talk to her sister Goldie. She might be able to help you. Now, can I get you a drink or…?"

>>683287
>>683290
You can't see any griffons who might be who you're looking for, unfortunately. She might not even be on Iridav.

>>683295
You get disoriented as you fly around the bar, ending up getting tangled in the wires of the abandoned DJ set above the counter. It takes you more than a little while to get unstuck.

 No.683303

>>683300
Pyrite sort-of follows along behind Risky Hooves, frowning a little and shrugging "Huh. Guess we oughta look 'round more, 'r see what th' others found?"

 No.683304

>>683300
"Hmm…"

working my way through the crowd, i spot Hui near the bar and try to wave him over.

"Hui! Y'see any sign of this griffon we're after?"

 No.683305

>>683303
"Aye, i'll check with Hui, maybe he's got something. Barkeeps know their clients."

 No.683306

>>683300
Veta finds her way back to the others, face still in her game.
"Welp, I didn't find who we're looking for. Any luck with you?"

 No.683308

>>683306
"Hardly. That board over there has job listings, besides that i've got nothing."

 No.683309

>>683300
>>683303
>>683304
>>683306
Hui shakes his head to the drink but thanks the bartender. He waves down the other members of the party as they look around. "Change of plans; Gweneal's meeting with one of her higher-ups. But, we can still get what we need from her sister Goldie. Right this way, everyone."

Sticking close to Risky, he leads the way downstairs to find Goldie.

 No.683311

>>683309
"Oh, just what I love," she begins, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "a patient who can't keep their own appointments. They just really, REALLY make the day worth waking up for."

 No.683312

>>683309
"Right. First mate Hui, lead the way!"

pushing through the crowd behind you, i keep an eye on the others to make sure we're together.

 No.683314

>>683305
>>683306
Pyrite nods and follows along happily. He looks over at Veta, before chuckling a little
>>683311
"Glad they make ya feel that motivated!"

 No.683316

>>683300

"Gah! One time I'm not chasing after tech and I get entagled by it in return. Talk about irony."

Teal does her best to make her way out of the vine-like cables. Afterwards, she makes use of the elevated spot that the DJ set was resting on to see over the crowd and scan it from there… and while she didn't get a clude regarding the griffon's whereabouts, she did spot the whole party heading for one specific place.

>>683303
>>683305
>>683306
>>683309

Although at first she thinks that the party went straight for something stronger to have, it occured to her after Undisol explained the situation, what is what.

"Oh, gotcha. Well, huh, Not what expected, but hey, let's see what this station has to offer in urgent situations like this one! Great measure for how things stand overall."

That being said, she flies after the party.

 No.683318

>>683314
"Yes, motivated enough to get sued for malpractice."
This is gonna be a long trip.

 No.683322

>>683309
>>683311
>>683312
>>683314
>>683316
When the bartender said Goldie was down below, it was meant quite literally. Following the signs, you leave the bar and go down a spiral stairwell, covered in graffiti and with barely functioning lights making it difficult to see. You're a bit tuckered out by the time you get to the bottom, which seems to be a very large workshop of sorts, with several speeders and robots in varying states of repair lying about. There are racks upon racks of mechanical bits and pieces, and thick transparent containers containing oddly glowing magical crystals. There are four or five functioning robots working on a particularly large vehicle, although from your point of view you'd say it's beyond saving. It looks like it was in a particularly nasty collision. One end of the workshop seems to be an airlock leading into outer space.

Flapping about the workshop is a griffon, presumably Gwenael's sister Goldie. She is hard at work on the same vehicle as the robots, wearing a set of filthy blue overalls and a welding helmet. She doesn't seem to notice you at first, but eventually turns to face you. "…Um, hi. Can I help you? You seem lost." Her voice is somewhat muffled underneath the helmet, and she is still absent-mindedly clutching an active blow torch.

 No.683325

>>683322
"Ah, you must be 'Goldie'. My crew and i were looking for your sister, though it looks like she's away."

"We'd like to sign up for this mercenary company you two are running!"

 No.683327

>>683322
>>683325
"What she said," she says with a head jerk, but walks over to one of the speeders with some genuine curiosity.
"Damn, now I'm wondering if I remembered to lock mine up before I left for this."

 No.683328

>>683322

Teal did not expect that kind of scenery when the second-in-charge was mentioned. However, it was a pleasant surprise. Leaving the official talking to the bigger ponies, at least for now, she looked around, taking in the details of this tinkerer's abode.

The vehicle being worked on caught her eye… at first it looked so damaged that it was difficult to see what sort of a machine it was. Teal squinted her eyes, scanning for any telltale, undamaged parts, hoping to draw a conclusion from that basis.

What is it that could've had a collision in a space station? Did one of the fighters have a crash landing of sorts? Would explain the airlock nearby. As much as it was likely that some transportation machinery was used on the station, it seemed unlikely that any would travel at high enough speed to warrant a collision of those proportions..

 No.683330

>Perception roll

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.683331

>>683322
>>683325
He waits patiently while Risky explains the situation.

 No.683333

>>683322
"Hiya! M' name's Pyrite!" he almost-shouts "We're lookin' f'r Gwenael! She was supposed t' give us some stuff t' do, I think. You know where she went?"

 No.683339

>>683325
"Hm? Oh, right. …Well, we don't run the Company, of course. That's Camus' job. Gwen's just in charge of this facility, and I'm in charge when she's not around." She shrugs and puts out the blow torch, tossing aside carelessly. "Which she isn't. So I'm your boss for now. Goldaline Carrith." She extends her claw in a handshake. "You can call me Goldie if you want."

>>683327
They seem to be of the racing variety, built for speed and agility. They remind you of the racers in one of your video games.

>>683328
>>683330
They seem to be made for racing, although the reinforced sides and the spikes jutting out make you unsure of their legality. This one must have crashed during one such race. As you examine the vehicle, one of the robots stops its work and turns to face you curiously before continuing its work. It is about the size of a pony, hovering above the ground on a repulsor of some kind. It's shaped kind of like a trash can with tons of spidery arms, and a head shaped like a dinner plate with one central blue eye.

>>683331
You cradle your spear idly as Risky handles the talking. Goldie looks at the magical crystal curiously, but makes no comment on it.

>>683333
She nods. "Nice to meet you, Pyrite. The thing with Gwen is, Camus called for an emergency meeting of all the Golden Company leaders at the last minute, and she had to leave just this morning. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but it is Camus Farshaw after all. You can't really say no to someone like that." She seems intimidated by this Camus character, whoever he may be.

Goldaline, or Goldie for short, hops off the vehicle and takes off the helmet, revealing an equally dirty face underneath. The griffon has large, bright blue eyes, and the feathers on her head are spiky and dyed purple. She grabs a relatively clean rag and begins to clean her face. "So you're new here? I hope you know what you're doing. This line of work is dangerous, and… Well, meaning no offence, but some of you don't look like you have much of a rind on you. I could be wrong, of course. I'm not much of a judge of character."

"Now then, if you really are willing to join the Company, then you're going to have to prove yourselves first. It's how it's always been done around here. We send you on a mission of our choice, then depending on how you handle it we decide if you're allowed to join the Company. You get a cool badge out of it and everything." She digs around in her pockets for a moment, eventually taking out a holographic pad with the same garish green text as the billboard in the bar upstairs. "Hm… Let's see… There's actually a few jobs available right now. Tell you what, you seem like a good enough sort, so I'll let you pick what you do. Just don't tell Gwen about it, she hates bending The Rules. They're guidelines, I say." She snorts derisively.

1/2

 No.683340

>>683339
"Now then, if you really want to be part of our dysfunctional little family, you have a choice of the following:"

"There's a scientific outpost called Haxan a few systems over that was hit by a meteor and almost entirely destroyed. You might have heard about it, it was a pretty big story. Huge property losses. The company that own it, Polybius, they say there's an object still remaining in the ruins. A beacon of sorts, that has a recording of all the data they've obtained so far. They want us to go over and retrieve that beacon for them. The scientist in charge is around here somewhere. Annoying little fellow, buthe's offering good money. 300 florins for each of you, plus you'll be in Polybius' good books."

"The other option is bringing in a bounty on these two jokers. One's a mad scientist of sorts, the other's his croney. They've got the death sentence on a bunch of Arks. We think they're somewhere on Alambil back where you came from. We think that they're going by pseudonyms, Sawkee and Roofoo. Could be dangerous, but the reward is worth it. 500 for each of you."

"Both jobs are pretty promising. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide." She looks up from the pad and looks at you patiently.

2/2

 No.683342

>>683340

Returning her handshake with my talon, i take a look at the miniature job board.

"Hmm.. We'd be needing a ship for either of these jobs, something i'm fresh out of. Don't suppose you've got a vessel for us to borrow, eh?"

 No.683345

>>683340
>>683339
Miss Risky Hooves seems t' be th' boss, so she's probably got first dibs on what we're gonna do f'r a job."
>>683342
"Which one d'ya think looks best, Cap'n?"

 No.683347

>>683345
"If we're lookin for the fastest way to be hired that beacon job sounds simple enough. We'd just need a ship to reach it."

 No.683348

>>683339
>>683345
>>683342
"As much as I want to go after the data recording first, those two bounties sound like they're a threat to everyone they're around if they've earned the death penalty. Taking them out'd earn us enough fame to get bigger and better jobs in our inbox. What's your priority, captain?"

 No.683350

>>683348
"Aye, you've got a point there. If we took those two down that'd only make things easier for us!"

"But where would they be? from what she said they could be anyone on that ark."

 No.683351

>>683340
Veta looks over the speeder while Goldie talks. Getting back with the group, she yawns a bit.

"Hmm…well, we can either act like a bunch of cops, or we can do some salvage recovery. Either or, I expect nothing but a 'good time' from both," she says with a sigh, "personally, I'm all for easy work at this point."

She moves closer and lowers her voice so only the group can hear, but mostly for Risky.
"Plus, if this is Polybius wreck, there could be some…other things that may have also survived. Not sure about you, but I always enjoy a good bonus when I put up with annoying people all day."

 No.683352

>>683347
"Sounds good t' me!" the stallion says with a dopey grin

 No.683355

>>683351
"Better to leave criminal catching to the empire's lapdogs, true. They'd sooner arrest me than accept the bounty."

>>683340
"Where's the contact for that beacon job? Retrieval sounds like a good start."

 No.683356

>>683339
>>683340
>>683347

Having had some time to consider, Teal adds briefly, getting her more serious side on:

"It seems quaint Polybius would wish for mercenaries to dig through their outpost's remains instead of a more specialized squad. Doubt they're low on ponies for it. It's almost as if something was missing in the picture. Does thiscompany run a 'no questions asked' policy?" - she addresses the last words to Goldaline.

 No.683360

>>683342
"That's what the transports are for," she answers. "The ones you arrived on. You wouldn't be in charge or anything like that, but they'd get you where you need to go. I know they're not really optimal, but unless you can afford your own ship, then you'll have to make do."

>>683350
"Well, we do have some leads," she says, tapping away on the data pad. "We know what they look like, and where they've been spotted recently. The PD suspect these two to be connected to some disappearances lately, suspected murders considering who we think they really are. I can give you all the info you need if you have pads of your own."

>>683351
Goldie nods with a slight grin. "You know what's up. I'm sure they'll be happy to turn the other cheek if you "recover" a few bits and pieces here and there. That beacon is valuable to them, after all."

>>683355
"Oh, he's around. We've offered to shelter him here on Iridav until his situation is taken care of. I'd rather be rid of him to be honest, but we have to be good with our clients."

>>683356
She looks around confusedly for the source of the voice before spotting you. "…Well, let's just say more often than not they'd like to avoid getting tangled up with the bureaucracy. As far as we're concerned, all we have to do is go there, find that beacon, and bring it back here. It's better to be in Polybius' good books than risk annoying the number one R&D group in the Empire."

"…By the way," she says to you all, "if you guys are interested, I know a used ship salesman down on Alambil who deals with us on the reg. Sleazy little guy, as you'd expect, but he has pretty fair prices. I'm sure if you rake up enough money you'd be able to afford one from him in no time. I can give you his name and address if you want."

 No.683363

>>683356
"They're a big time corp, so odds are, there's probably something in that beacon of theirs that wouldn't sit right with the general public. Kinda hard to stay on top if your PR sucks."
She gives that last statement some thought.
"Well, I'm an exception to that, but then again, I'm just a dog who doesn't have her real arms, not a corporation."
She gives a small chuckle.
"A lot easier to buy the silence of a bunch of mercs than let one of their own blab about it."

>>683360
She smirks back to Goldie with a knowing nod.

"Sure. From how Risky is sounding, I think it's been awhile for her."
She has a sly smirk.
"I'm talking about piloting a ship, of course."

 No.683366

>>683360
"How much are they paying to make sure that the information contained in the beacon stays on the beacon?" he asks, glancing around the room for anything suspicious like cameras or the client. [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.683367

>>683360
"Alright, we'll take the beacon Job, Goldie."

>>683363
"I heard that, Veta."

"Though you've got a point, I've been back to square one since our last ship. Not even a vessel to my name, sad indeed!"

 No.683368

>>683360
>>683363


Having taken in the wisdom of both the griffon's and diamond dog's words, the breezie replies:

"While the bounty hunt is officially more rewarding, it's usually a mostly graceless job. Doubt we'd see much interesting stuff by choosing it. Furthermore, the salvaging seems suspicious, so by the value of those, it has my vote."

 No.683369

>>683367
"S-Shucks. Any idea how we're gonna get a ship?"

 No.683370

>>683367
"I wasn't trying to be subtle about it," she replies, tone going a bit more dull again.

>>683368
"From what I hear, most merc work is suspicious. Might do some things you might regret. For example, I might treat someone that, in hindsight, I shouldn't have. Though, I feel like that a lot. Either way, if you don't think you're up for it, well, one less thing for me to jab a syringe or pop a pill into."

 No.683371

>>683363
"Great. Now then, remember this: The workshop you want is at 601 Cavendish Road, in the Solaris District. You can't miss it, it's the biggest building around. It's the owner you'll want to talk to. His name is Patches. Silky Patches. Earn your Company badge, show it to him and he'll be sure to give you a discount. Just heed my advice and try not to show that you're new to the Golden Company. If he knows you're new, he'll try and pull some parlor tricks on you and sell you a crap ship."

>>683366
There's no cameras or spies anywhere in sight.

"I don't deal in finances," she shrugs. "I'm not even in charge around here, my sister is. It's Polybius though, so I'm guessing it's a lot."

>>683367
>>683368
"Splendid!" She beams. "I'm sure you'll do a great job. The guy you want to talk to is on level 3, room number 8. We're on level 0, for reference. His name is Wolfgang Rivers. Or Dr Wolfgang, as he insists on being called." She rolls her eyes. "He'll tell you everything you need to know. When you're done, come back here and I'll set up a transport for you to the research station."

"Oh, by the way, I don't think I got all of your names, apart from Risky. Just need to add you to the list as newcomers, that's all." She gestures at her pad.

 No.683372

>>683370

Teal offers Veta a moderate smile.

"True, tiz the nature of this line of work. Don't get me wrong though. I wouldn't mind either, it's just preference of one over the other."

 No.683373

>>683369
"Sounds like Goldie knows a ship seller. All it'd take would be some credits to buy us a ship."

 No.683374

>>683371
"Level three, room eight.."

Nodding, i make my way over to the staircase.
"i'll wait for everyone to sign in, best we all see this 'Wolfgang' together."

 No.683375

>>683373
>>683374
>>683371
"Oh, right! I'd best get my name on there!" he says, before walking a little closer "M' name's Pyrite! Like, th' mineral."

 No.683376

>>683371
He puts in his name, then follows Risky back up the stairs.

 No.683377

>>683371
"Oh, I don't think it's going to be that hard to remember."
Veta replies as she types the information into her PDA, making sure to put in bold 'Typical Used Shipsalesman' as a sort of reminder of what to and what not to do.
"Oh great, one of 'those' doctors," she remarks dryly, "welp, let's go meet the contact with a degree-inflated ego. I'm sure he'll be a treat."

"Oh right. Officially I would be Dr. Veta, but since I'm on work leave at the moment, just Veta."
She looks at Goldie seriously.
"Please, for the love of shiny gems, just leave it as Veta. Last thing I want is everyone coming to me just because they have the sniffles."

 No.683378

>>683371

Teal thought to herself as the echo of the first part of Goldie's last sentence carried a different air than the rest of it. For a thought, it appeared as if there was an actual attempt on the company's side to record all the rookies before they get shot down. In the end, it was all formalities though, huh.

Not letting that brief flow of thought come to the surface, the little mare presented herself, saying aloud:

"Teal Drop. Looking forward to see what this place has to offer, miss Goldie."

Miss Goldie… of the Golden Company. Coincidence, that one? - she wondered.

The breezie takes look at the list before signing it, checking how many of newcomers are there as of now. She was meaning to gauge the flow of fresh blood in this place.

Shortly before leaving, she allowed herself one informal comment:

"By the way, that's one fine piece of steel you got there. Bet it'll shine once repaired… added those modifications yourself, perchance?"

 No.683379

>>683374
She nods. "I'm sure he'll have less of a mouth on him with the lot of you around."

>>683375
"'Pyrite'," she parrots as she taps away. "Well, that's easy enough to remember I suppose."

>>683376
It takes her a few attempts to get your name right, and you have to spell it out for her several times. "So you're one of them mages then?" she muses. "I mean, not that that's a bad thing. Just don't really see your kind around here very often. Interesting."

>>683377
"Veta? Just Veta? No last name?" She looks at you oddly, but puts it in anyway. "Fair enough. Welcome aboard, Doc," she says with a cheeky grin.

>>683378
"Teal Drop. Right." She types it in. "Well, I'm sure you'll learn for yourself soon enough. It's a pretty big commitment, being part of this place."

"Hm? Oh no, it came like that," she says in response to your question. "It's a hobby of mine really, fixing all these broken things. I'd like to work on a proper ship, but Gwen won't let me. They need me here I guess. Still, I shouldn't complain. I can tinker away in peace, and nobody's shooting at me in here." She smiles and starts getting back to her work as you and the rest of the group prepare to leave.

"Good luck on the mission, guys!" she says cheerily as you leave her workshop. "I'm sure you're going to do great. You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back!" She gives you all a friendly thumbs up, then rolls up her sleeves and gets working again.

>pausing

 No.684153

Last time on BWB, the party arrived at the Golden Company outpost of Iridav in hopes that they would be able to join the renowned mercenary group, making each others' acquaintance while aboard their transport. While their boss Gwenael was unavailable at the time, they made the acquaintance of the second in command, a griffon called Goldaline 'Goldie' Carrith and Gwenael's younger sister.

Taking Gwenael's place, Goldie gave the party their first mission to prove themselves worthy of joining the Company: they were to travel to a derelict research station called Haxan, which had recently collided with a meteor and all but destroyed. The party's mission, should they choose to accept it, is to travel to Haxan and retrieve an object called a data beacon, which contains information valuable to the Polybius Corporation. For their services, Polybius are offering 300 florins to each party member.

The party are currently at Iridav, walking to the room where one of the station's guests is waiting, a Polybius scientist named Wolfgang Rivers.

Post sheets.

 No.684154

File: 1490491772351.gif (482.96 KB, 900x675, 1459903511701.gif)


 No.684155


 No.684156


 No.684157


 No.684158

File: 1490492160972.png (47.57 KB, 468x214, It Was Okay.png)


 No.684159

>>684154
>>684155
>>684156
>>684157
>>684158
Following Goldie's instructions, you leave her workshop and go to pay Dr Rivers a visit. To your slight chagrin, you find that the elevator is out of order, forcing you to take the stairs up to level 3. Your legs are aching a bit by the time you get there. You are in a rather plain-looking hallway, evidently hosting temporary apartments for the Golden Company's clients. It is lit by dim red lights, and a tiny dome-shaped robot is trundling along through the hall, presumably cleaning.

A consistent coughing sound comes from behind the door to room number 8. You notice that like most of the other doors, it sports a small but clearly visible round camera on the front. As you knock on it, you hear footsteps before the door is unlocked. Standing there is a small, portly little Diamond Dog, with round glasses. "…Well, it's about time they sent someone," he says after an initial somewhat awkward silence. "I've been waiting for days to get a response from you lot. Lovely service you have here, absolutely lovely." He coughs loudly again as he moves aside to let you pass. "I'm assuming you want details on the Haxan job, yes?"

 No.684160

>>684159
"You read my mind, dog!"

wandering into his room, i take a seat in what passses for a chair, waving him on with a talon.

"How exactly can i, Captain Risky Hooves, help you recover this 'data beacon' you mentioned?"

 No.684161

>>684159
Pyrite hums softly as they reach room 8, before looking the Diamond Dog over. He gives a happy grin before offering a hoof to shake "Heya! M' name's Pyrite! And, uhm… yeah, s'pose we are! Think you could tell us some stuff 'bout it?"

 No.684162

>>684159
"Yes, details would be nice," Veta says, walking inside the room and sitting down on a chair/something that can be used as a chair.
"I'd usually like to know what kind of shape my patients are in before I go shoving pills and needles in them."

 No.684163

>>684159

The Breezie flutters about, trying not be directly in the vicinity of the Diamond Dog though, given the coughing fit.

"Definitely, mister! Firstly, are you coming with us for the job? From the sounds of it, you're in no good shape, my condolences. Would need fewer questions if you went alongside us, naturally."

 No.684164

>>684159
"On top of those other questions the others brought up, what kind of other groups would be hunting for this beacon? Who might we encounter who're also after the information it contains?"

 No.684165

>>684160
>>684161
>>684162
>>684163
>>684164
"Straight to business then. Good. I'm assuming you already know who I am, otherwise you wouldn't be here."

The room is fairly bland and uninteresting as rooms go. It looks like one you could find at any motel in the galaxy, with a plain bed, a single metal table with four chairs, a faded old couch, and a bedside lamp that looks more like a wilted flower. An attempt has been made to liven it up, judging from the painting hung askew over the bed. It is an absolutely hideous painting of a group of kittens.

You can see that Rivers has been keeping himself busy, seeing as he has a rather large stack of holopads on top of the table. He quickly clears those out, standing there stiffly as opposed to taking a seat.

>>684160
>>684162
The chairs are clearly meant for a more clinical environment. You find them extremely cold and uncomfortable to sit on.

>>684161
He returns the hoofshake, albeit seemingly reluctantly. He has a very firm grip.

>>684160
>>684161
Rivers nods and grabs one of the pads, tapping away on it for a moment before showing you an image of a strange-looking device. It is shaped like a double tetrahedron, completely smooth, pitch black in color and having a neon blue line across its perimeter. "This is what you're looking for on Haxan," he explains. "It's called a Data Beacon. The station isn't very large, and it's a rather hefty object, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find. Assuming it isn't buried under rubble, that is. You lot have your ways of dealing with that, I'm sure."

>>684163
"I suppose I'll have to, but I'm not setting foot on the station. I'll wait on the ship for when you come back, and you'll be able to contact me at any time." He seems irritated at the prospect, clearly not wanting to be in this situation.

>>684164
"There's the rub, really. There's a group of pirates - scavengers, really - who've already started to loot Haxan. They might have found the beacon already, although they wouldn't know what it's worth, the savages. So really, your job is twofold. Find the beacon, and get those vultures off our property. The beacon is the most important job, but if you manage to scare them off, there might be a bonus in it for you. Not up to me to decide though." He shrugs, turning away from you to cough again.

"Was there anything else you wanted to know? We should get moving as soon as we can. I've been here long enough as it is."

 No.684166

>>684165
Pyrite grins happily and shakes vigorously, before trying to focus a little and listen "Shucks, alright. Don't sound too hard. Any clue if th' folks there at Haxan'r okay? We might be able t' help 'em if we can."

 No.684167

>>684165
"We're as ready as ever! No second-rate pirate is going to loot that station before i get there!"

 No.684168

>>684165
Veta doesn't mind the cold, nor the lack of comfort. She was used to chairs such as these.

"These pirates have a name," she asks, turning the chair around and using the backrest to lean her chest against.
"I'm slightly curious who we're going to be scaring off, and likely which shitlist we're going to be put on. But please, feel free to talk as we walk," she says, standing up, "multitasking isn't that hard, after all."

 No.684169

>>684165

Teal does not seem surprised by the Diamond Dog's mentioning of the scavengers. Everyone is always in for easy money, after all.

"Sounds like quite the rudimentary assignment. Only two questions from my side. Truly, the sooner we get there, the better chances we have. Firstly, how big a pirate force are we dealing with? Secondly, other than the Data Beacon, is Polybius looking forward to recycling the station? Asking in case blowing up its remainders alongside the scavengers comes into question."

 No.684170

>>684165
"One last thing: What would happen if those pirates cracked open the data beacon, and figured out what was inside? Hypothetically. What would our job be then?"

 No.684171

>>684168
"Wreckage robbing is commonplace this far away from Empire space. If these foals are as unprepared as us we might have a free ship, once we tear it free from them."

 No.684172

>>684171
"Call it doctor's intuition, or dog's instinct, but I have a feeling they'll be plenty prepared for anything that might come their way."

 No.684173

>>684172
"If they're anything like the last crew we've seen, we've got a chance."

 No.684174

>>684173
"Hmm…I suppose."

 No.684175

>>684172
>>684173
>>684174

The Breezie turns her head towards the two, looking interested in what is it that Risky might be implying, but doesn't butt in yet.

 No.684176

>>684166
"You don't have to worry about that. The research team saw the collision coming and managed to get out before impact. No casualties, luckily, otherwise they'd probably still be doing the paperwork."

>>684167
He doesn't seem too enthused by that, looking at you with scrutiny. You have a feeling he knows who you are.

>>684168
"I'd wager they're nobodies, really," he shrugs. "I don't think you'll have to worry about the consequences of getting rid of those lowlifes."

>>684169
He takes up his pad again and taps away on it, showing you a grainy recording of the pirates' ship in space. It is a large, oblong vessel, seemingly cobbled together from parts of other ships. "They may not look like much, but from what we gather, there's a lot of them. Like I said, your job isn't really to get rid of them, but if you find a way to, then even better."

"To answer your second question, there's not really much left to recycle. It's all dust and echoes out there. The beacon is the only thing that's important to Polybius at the moment. Still, it's company property, o if you blow it up you'll have to deal with the consequences."

>>684170
"I doubt they're smart enough to be able to crack it, but what worries me -us- is what could happen if they sell it to our competitors. The fact that they're still there now means they probably haven't been able to find it, or if they have, they don't know what it is yet."

As he talks, Rivers packs his personal belongings into a suitcase, eventually being ready to leave. "Right. Let's get a move on. …You do have a ship, don't you?"

 No.684177

>>684176
"That doesn't answer the question, but I get the implication, I suppose."

 No.684178

>>684176
"Erm.. Well i had a ship, was on loan, you see."

"I hear those shuttles they have around the station could take us."

 No.684179

>>684176
"That's pretty relievin', I guess! Don't see how somepony could be doin' paperwork if they'd gone 'n been hit by a meteor."
He nods vigorously and works his helmet back on to his head, before shrugging "I don't got a ship, naw. I can't even really fly 'em alright."

 No.684180

>>684176
"That doesn't put me at ease…," she dully replies.

"Anyway, we got to talk to someone about our ride, first. So…I dunno, grab a coffee to-go or whatever while we get that set up," she says, idly waving one of her cybernetic claws as she leaves to head back to Goldie to discuss setting up transport.

 No.684181

>>684176

The Breezie focuses on the image from the holopad, trying to roughly estimate the quality of the ship, given the components used to create it - assuming one call them from the image.

[1d10]

"Understood. No more inquiries from my side, for now."

Good to know Polybius is as vigilant as ever in trying to get the best of their insurances, she thought.

She let the captain handle the ship talk. Although the lack of one was a definite downgrade for the status of the group, the Breezie mercenary, having experienced the situation from both sides a few times, found awaiting Rivers's response to be somewhat amusing.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.684182

>>684177
He nods. "It's in your interests not to ask too many questions when it comes to Polybius. If you must know, if the beacon isn't anywhere to be found this whole mess would be out of your hands and more our concern than it already is. Er, hooves."

>>684178
>>684179
He nods. "You should get that fixed, you know. You can't keep using the Company's transport forever. It's in your best interests to get a ship as soon as you can. Complete this mission, and you'll be at least partway there to being able to buy one for yourselves."

>>684180
"Meet me in the bar, then. I can't imagine you could have missed it if you just arrived here."

>>684181
It's hard to tell from the video quality, but it looks to be in a pretty ramshackle state to you. A ship is a ship, though, and it poses as much of a threat to you as any other.

>timeskip


You leave the dull little room and make your way back to Goldie, who gives you the number of the transport you'll be taking to Haxan. After that, you go and find Rivers, and alongside him you make your way to the hangars, where your transport awaits. It is identical to the one you first arrived on in almost every aspect.

To your surprise, you find Goldie there, seemingly waiting for you. "I just figured I'd tag along on this mission," she explains as the ship's door opens with a mechanical hiss. "I know I'm meant to be taking care of this place and all, but it's so boring. Nothing ever gets done around here. Don't you worry, I've left this place in good hands." Rivers looks irritated by her presence, and Goldie returns his look of disdain. "So, shall we get going? It's not too far from here to Haxan. We should be back here in about three days, depending on how the mission goes. Er, you don't mind me coming along, do you? I just need to get out of this dump…"

 No.684183

>>684182
"Shucks, I'll try m' best!"
>timeskip
Pyrite grins dopeily and nods, before heading on to the shuttle "Don't sound too bad, then, so let's skidaddle. Glad t' have ya along, Miss Goldie! More th' merrier, I'd say!"

 No.684184

>>684182
"Fine, fine, don't let me stop you.. If you get your tail blown off don't complain."

 No.684185

>>684182
"Now now, you two play nice," Veta says, noticing the slight tension between the two, "I would like to not use more of my medical supplies than I have to."
She punctuates that by tapping one of her arms as it shifts into its 'miniature doctor's office' mode.
"But please, tag along. You can contact my previous employer; I just loved taking a lot of walks to clear my head. But you better have a good alibi if someone didn't want you leaving and all."

There is some whirring from her arms, and Veta gives her arm a slight glance as she observes.
>Distill Life
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.684186

>>684182

All things considered, the Breezie is somewhat suprised, though not unstatisfied to welcome Goldie as a member of the crew. It carried some risks, sure, but it seemed worth her presence.

"Oh, by stars, sure we don't mind, miss Goldie! Oh, it's gonna be great, I can tell! Hope this trip, with all the danger involved, makes up for leaving the station for now."

 No.684187

>>684182
"Understood," he says to the dog. To Goldie, he adds, "As long as you're fine in a potential combat zone. What are you bringing to the table?"

 No.684188

>>684185
You prepare some adrenaline shots, but the formula unfortunately comes out all wrong, being effectively as useful as a shot of plain water.

>>684187
She shrugs. "I've been in my share of fights, I suppose. I can handle myself hand to hand, and I did pack a handgun in case things go completely south. I'm better at mechanics than anything else though, so if anything bad happens to this ship, I'll be able to take care of it.

>>684183
>>684184
>>684185
>>684186
"Great!" She beams as she gets on board. "Let's not waste any more time then. We have a job to do!" Rivers silently follows suit, looking like a storm cloud is raining on him and him alone.

>pausing prematurely

 No.684290

Post sheets!

 No.684291


 No.684292

File: 1491097437888.png (23.8 KB, 241x275, Pyrite Facecrop 3.png)


 No.684293

File: 1491097551412.jpg (12.32 KB, 600x315, 1463525284843.jpg)


 No.684294


 No.684295

File: 1491097791207.webm (1.53 MB, 640x640, Cure For Depression.webm)


 No.684296

>>684291
>>684292
>>684293
>>684294
>>684295
You follow your companions' suit in boarding the transport to the Haxan Research Facility. The inside is drab and near identical to the shuttle you arrived on (see >>683246 for a description). Goldie eagerly makes her way to the cockpit and starts prepping the ship for takeoff, while Dr Rivers simply slumps into one of the seats, looking sullen as ever. He quickly tries to distract himself from his less than agreeable circumstances and takes his belongings into an adjacent passenger area away from all of you. "If you don't mind, I have plenty of work to take care of," he says to you dismissively before leaving, "so unless it's urgent, please leave me be."

Not long after, you hear the transport's engine start whirring and rumbling faintly. Goldie emerges from the cockpit smiling eagerly. "Ugh, it feels so good to finally bein a ship again. I thought I'd never get the chance to get out of this place. Thanks for letting me join you guys! …So, everyone ready? Just say the word and we'll have liftoff."

 No.684297

>>684296
"Take us away, Goldie!" i reply, gesturing with a talon "I can see it now, first step toward a ship of my own. First the salvage, then onto the shipyard!"

 No.684298

>>684296
"Yeah, getting away from work for awhile is a good habit to get into. Clear your head, refresh, then go back at it later," she says as she tries to readjust the formula in her arms and attempt another go at making some precautionary shots.

>Distill Life

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.684299

>>684296
"Sure thing, Mister Rivers! I'll try m' best t' not bother ya!"
He sets some of his gear down before grinning eagerly back at Goldie "Well, shucks! I'd say I'm good t' go anytime! I don't take much t' get ready."

 No.684300

Teal looks in the direction of the Diamond Dog, as it fades away in the corridor:

"Call me off, but I feel sorta bad for that guy. Knowing that his job's success depends on time and having to wait a few days… must have been nerve-wracking. Wonder if he's nicer off-duty."

That being said, she turns towards the griffon, listening to her statement intently and slowly grinning as it went on.

"Youuuu said it. Nothing like the feel of smoothly working machinery around. Let's blast off!" - the Breezie echoes Goldie's words.

 No.684301

>>684296
"No objections here, let's do this," he says as he straps in. Although hesitant to let the others know of his magic, he holds his spear close to subtly animate the shadow beneath him (though it still remains behind/beneath him.)

[1d10+1] Friends on the Other Side

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.684302

>>684300
"Huh… guess I didn't think 'a that. Hope stuff goes well when he can get back to it."

 No.684303

>>684300
"He'll be off to worry about something else, a job like that will you with stress."

"Bah! who needs it, raiding and merc work is the life for me."

 No.684304

>>684297

Teal snickers.

"Just imagine the faces of those from the company if their transporter returns towing away that pirate ship."

 No.684305

>>684302
>>684303

The Breezie makes an affiramative "Mmhm" noise, looking between the two and turns towards Goldie:

>>684296

"You've mentioned before that he wasn't the nicest of Diamond Dogs out there, but has he been that sour right off the bat?"

 No.684306

>>684298

Teal seems intrigued by that line of thought.

"Might that imply you're in for the merc job temporarily yourself, miss Veta? Having a refreshing break of sorts from a stationary assignment?"

 No.684307

>>684304
"Ohho, i can't wait.. The moment we get them by surprise, it'll be over! then we'll see what we'd be working with.." I mutter, drumming my claw on the paneling in impatience.

 No.684308

>>684306
"While the 'refreshing' part is always being called into question," she says, rubbing a paw against her forehead like she has a headache, "yes, you could say I'm on a very extended leave. Not really looking to do this gig full time, but if anywhere can be my office for now, I'll take it."

 No.684309

>>684298
The formula still isn't right, and the shots are just as useless as before. Perhaps you need a refill.

>>684301
Seeing as you've got voodoo and you've got hoodoo and you've got things you ain't ever even tried, you successfully and subtly bring your shadow to life. Anyone looking closely enough would have seen your shadow flicker in and out of existence for an instant.

>>684300
>>684305
Goldie double checks to make sure he's out of earshot before nodding. "He's been like that since he arrived," she says, looking as grouchy as the good doctor himself. "He's been treating all the mercs on Iridav like garbage, just because he's an important client and we're not allowed to talk back to him. I've seen his kind before. He's just a prick. The sooner we're rid of him the better. I'm surprised he hasn't given you guys the same treatment. Maybe he's just tuckered out. We can only hope."

>>684297
>>684298
>>684299
>>684300
>>684301
"You got it! Just a warning though, this transport is pretty old, so it might be a little bumpy at liftoff. Hold on to your butts." With that, she turns tail and enters the cockpit again.

The rumbling of the ship's engine intensifies, followed by a rough jolting sensation in your bellies as the transport begins to take off and into space. It takes you a minute to steady yourselves after the takeoff, but through the windows, you can see the double humerus shape of Iridav rapidly shrinking in the distance as you head off to your destination. After a few minutes, there's a second impact as the ship goes into FTL, leaving you disoriented for a few seconds. The stars outside turn into a blur as you hurtle along through outer space.

Soon enough, you hear a crackling sound, and Goldie's voice sounds throughout the vessel. "Llllladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking," she announces, doing her best impression of a professional airline pilot. "We have reached our cruising altitude of… Well, I don't really know how much, but we are in space, and that's what matters. The current temperature outside is really freaking cold, and lethal in seconds, so don't open the windows even if it does get a little hot in here. Seriously though, we should be out of FTL and in the general area of the facility in about 6 hours, then add a few more hours till we actually arrive at Haxan itself. So get comfy, because this is going to be a long one. …Er, over?"

Soon enough, she walks out of the cockpit again. "I always wanted to do that," she grins as she makes herself some coffee from the cubical robot in the corner. "…So, travelers, tell me, since we do have some time on our hands - what made you all want to join the Golden Company of all things? You don't all look the mercenary type, if you don't mind my saying so, and it's not exactly a common choice of profession."

 No.684310

>>684298
>>684308
"Oh! It ain't refereshin'? Maybe ya need t' get a bit more sleep, that always helps me!"
>>684307
"Workin' with? Ya mean what the folks there'r like, right? Hopefully they won't be too nasty, I'd prefer t' just knock 'em out an' be done with it."

>>684309
"What made me wanna do this? Uhm… I dun' really know, t' be honest. I figured I'd be able to help folks out if I traveled 'round some, so this seemed like an alright way to do it."

 No.684311

>>684309
"I'm an envoy of the Undisol family. Sometimes they'll send out a few of us to collect information, find interesting magical relics, study far-off cultures and so on. This is all part of the family's overarching hobby of preserving things that might otherwise be lost in a hectic galaxy."

 No.684312

>>684310
"I mean their ship, had to have got there on something, and if we get the chance, i'll fly us out with their ride! It'll be great."

>>684310
"Ark life isn't for me, that much gravity is a real pain in the neck. My heart is out here, sailing the stars for salvage and another ship's cargo!"

"And i would still be out there if my crew didn't mutiny and throw me out by trash pod!"

 No.684313

>>684309
Veta grumbles as the formula is wrong again.
"Stupid outdated piece of…."
She sighs and decides to take her own words to heart and stop trying for now.

As Goldie comes out and asks her questions, Veta lays back and relaxes a bit.
"Well, I needed a break from my office, not so much my work. Seeing the same walls, the same doors, the same stupid coworkers and even more idiotic patients who think them having a sore throat means they have some life threatening disease…it kinda wears on you after awhile. Plus, I don't necessarily have to listen if any of you issue me a DNR."
She says this with a grin and laugh.
"Not that it stopped me before, but the paperwork I have to do afterwards is just a pain in the ass."

>>684310
"I sleep, but the idiocy in the voices of the clinic patients haunt my dreams."

 No.684314

>>684312
"Oh! Well, we'll make sure they got somethin', right? It'd be awfully rude t' just strand 'em there."
>>684313
"Well, shucks. That sounds pretty rough, Veta. Hope you can get that kinda stuff outta your head." he hums out, before "What's a DNR? Some kinda medical thing?"

 No.684315

>>684314

"Of course! I can't build infamy if no one lives to tell the tale. I'm sure we can scrape together a distress beacon or something."

 No.684316

>>684314
"You get used to it after awhile."

"A DNR stands for Do Not Resuscitate. Basically, it legally binds a medical professional from reviving someone if they go into some form of arrest and let them die."
She sighs with a roll of her eyes.
"That said, many issue them when they're easily curable and have a history of depression. Then I just happen to be around, spit in the DNR's face, and have the patient up and about and back to their lives that they were so damn eager to end."

 No.684317

>>684309

The moment the news about the impending FTL travel come around, the little Breezie flies down and holds on to stuff for dear life. Not out of panic, but due to a force of habit. Being a fragile thing, life has taught her the value of keeping oneself grounded at times.

She listens on the the griffon's speech with some amusement. It sure seemed like Goldie was in need of a break, just the way she described it.

After the settles down its flow, Teal flies over to a comfortable spot, high enough to adress the ones gathered around without them, needing to look down in search for her. There, she answers, somewhat more serious than usually:

"Some parts of the galaxy are changing way faster than others. I may not look like your regular mercenary, but I've been at this job for quite a while now. Thing is, the company I've been working at has lately decided to limit its area of influence to a cozy, moderate amount. Treaties with other factions, danger from the Spurned, interest checks… all of that and more contributing to their final decision. I could not stand for that. I did not join this profession to satisfy myself with the job of a mere soldier or bounty hunter."

One could hear quite a hint of anoyance midway Teal's speech, though she was recomposed herself before the end of it.

"Hence, the Golden Company. From what I could tell, it was not only a prosperous, up-and-coming one, but one with sights set on development of its range of influence. It is such, isn't it, miss Goldie?"

 No.684318


 No.684319

>>684315
"Oh, good! I think I'll be fine with that." he says, before smiling a little
>>684316
"Huh. That sounds like an awfully odd thing t' issue. I can't think 'a how someone'd think offin' themselves is better than just dealin' with it."

 No.684320

>>684312

Teal seems to be lost in thought for a while, as she eyes Risky from hoof to claw.

"Now that I think about it… I'm not sure if I haven't seen your profile in my former company's databank. Could it be, there was a chance I would've chased after you, miss Risky, have I chosen some other assignment at that time…?" - though the matter might have seemed serious, Teal was commenting in a rather playful tone - "Quite a reputation you must've once had. Makes one wonder why did your crew mutiny… was your accent not pirate-y enough for their standards? You're really missing out on the yarrs, ya know?"

 No.684321

>>684310
She raises her eyebrows. "…Well, I'm sure you'll be able to help someone doing this. I'm sure you'll do great!"

>>684311
"I see. So you're one of them mages then?" She seems intrigued. "Don't really see your kind in the Company often really. This should be interesting."

>>684312
>>684318
"That's the spirit!" she says enthusiastically. "You'll do plenty of traveling as part of our merry band, I can tell you that much. Well, most of the time, anyway. My role is elsewhere I suppose. Don't really get to leave Iridav often." She shrugs.

>>684313
She seems a little disturbed by that last part, but shrugs it off as a joke. "That's quite a leap though, wouldn't you say? Going from medical work to a hired gun. To each their own I suppose. If you ask me, doctor work pays better." She takes a sip of her coffee, only to pull a grimace and promptly bin it.

>>684317
"Well, that's as good a reason as any I guess. The Company's been around for quite a long time though, since before the Fall of Equestria, although it had a different name back then. I wouldn't exactly say we're up and coming. There's change on the horizon though. Camus will see to that, for good or ill. I guess when you've been in power as long as he has you need to make changes eventually."

 No.684322

>>684311

"Oh… so did they send you here to find relics or rather, for a cross-cultural trip?" - she winks - "Seems like you've gotten yourself quite lucky, haven't you? Quite the diverse party, if I dare say so, wouldn't you agree?"

 No.684323

>>684320
"They thought they could keep the ship and more of the cargo if they cut me out of the share!" i reply, hitting the panel angrily.

"We nearly had the coordinates to an old weapons cache when they knocked me out cold and jettisoned me out to the nearest ark by trash pod."

"If i see any of those backstabbers, i'll have them strung up to the thrusters!"

 No.684324

>>684316

"Seems like quite the dedicated doctor you are, miss Veta. Most probably for the best. Long as they live, they've got a chance to change, so hey, legal papers being one thing, but doing what's right being the other. I'm sure you're gonna have a better time around us, doubt anyone here's willing to let go of life, given how it means not getting paid.."

 No.684325

>>684319
"Sometimes patients may be in that extreme of pain, and that clouds their judgement. More often, they just can't handle that life isn't all hookers and sunshine that they grew up their whole lives being told."
She scowls after that statement.

>>684321
"Well, I don't exactly have a gun. Really, I'm mostly just gonna piggyback off everyone else while fixing up whoever gets shot."
At the mention of pay, Veta shakes her head.
"The shit I have to put up with when I work there, nah, it isn't enough. No amount of money is when bureaucracy and feelings get involved."

 No.684326

>>684322
"They didn't send me here in particular… I just kind of sought it out myself, figured something a little on the dangerous side would bring me places that other family members wouldn't have already picked clean. Lucky's not quite how I would put it."

>>684321
"I didn't realize we were a 'kind,' but neither have I been outside of our towers very much. How does the outside world view our 'kind?'"

 No.684327

>>684324
She sighs, but this time she doesn't seem annoyed this time.
"Not dedicated. You can't fix stupid, but you can certainly try and lead them where you want like good little sheep."

 No.684328

>>684321

"Huh, I see… oh, that's right. Given your skills, one could see you going for different paths out there, miss Goldie. Are your plans for the future connected with the Golden Company? You seem more like a free spirit to me, kind of like miss Risky over there, if I dare say so."

 No.684329

>>684321
"Oh? too busy to leave? I thought your sister was running the shop, surely she wouldn't mind you out on 'work-related trips'?"

 No.684330

>>684325
"Ahh. Well, phooey. 'A course it ain't gonna be all sunshine, an'… whatever a hooker is. Jus' hope most folks don't go through with it."

 No.684331

>>684330
Veta has to do a double take and looks at Pyrite with a raised brow.
"You seriously don't know? I mean it, do you seriously not know what a hooker is? That is common knowledge by this point."

 No.684332

>>684331
Is it like, somethin' to do with hooks?"

 No.684333

>>684332
Veta stares at Pyrite in utter disbelief.
"You know what, no. I am not going there. After this job; go online, look the word up, and educate yourself. I am not your mother, so I am NOT giving you 'the talk' of any kind."

 No.684334

>>684321
"Shucks, really? Well, I'll try m' best!" he whinnies out, before grinning widely

 No.684335

>>684325
She doesn't seem very comfortable with that justification, but smiles and nods anyway. "I imagine it must be pretty frustrating. Still, if you joined up with us to get rid of work stress, then I'm not entirely sure that was the right career move." She chuckles, but you're not entirely sure it was meant as a joke.

>>684326
"Well, it's just rare to see mages outside of your installations, you know? It's not that we don't like your kind, it's just… well… not something you see every day." You notice she's eyeing your staff curiously. "Only… I wouldn't go around showing it if you go to the Outer Arks. They're, well, less educated over there."

>>684328
"Well, I suppose so. I've been working for the Company almost my whole life. If it weren't for them, and my sister, I'd probably be homeless somewhere out there on the Outer Arks. I know I'm meant to be taking care of business on Iridav, but it's so dull. I want to see the galaxy, but I don't get much of a chance to. Oh well. We have to play the cards we're dealt I suppose."

>>684329
She shakes her head. "Gwen needs me on Iridav, and that's the end of it. I can't exactly say no to her, she's my sister. I suppose she's right. Not many people can do what I do. This is just a short mission, so I'm sure everything will be just fine when we get back."

>>684334
"That's the spirit! Everyone here's good at something, aren't they? I've got a feeling this job won't take long at all with you on our team."

>timeskip


As you talk amongst yourselves, the hours pass, and the ship eventually jumps out of FTL and into the star system home to Haxan. As it does so, Goldie goes back to pilot the ship manually, leaving you five alone for a while. A few minutes later, you hear her voice over the PA system again. "Um, folks, if we could gather together for a moment, that'd be great."

She soon emerges from the cockpit and joins you all where you are, shortly followed by Dr Rivers. "What is it?" he snaps, not looking up from his data pad. "This had better be worth our time. Might I remind you that we are on a strict sch-"

"So, we've got a bit of a situation," Goldie explains, talking over Rivers. "I picked up a distress signal from a ship nearby. Seems they were traveling to an Ark when they got looted by pirates. Most likely the ones that have set up shop on Haxan. They're out of fuel, so they're essentially stranded, and they need our help to get to their destination. What do you think we should do? It could be a trap set by the pirates. There's just no way of knowing."

 No.684336

>>684335
"Hmph. Just when i thought we could make it without problems."

"We'll answer their signal, at worst we fight pirates or take some salvage, at best we make some extra Florins playing rescuer."

"..Unless we have some dissent to the plan?"

 No.684337

>>684335
>>684329

"There's still too much of a chance it's legit. Captain, I recommend we go and rescue this ship, and if it's pirates, we'll capture and interrogate them and then strip their ship for the best parts."

 No.684338

>>684335
Pyrite cocks his head to the side, before heading over to the cockpit door and waiting. He listens intently, before hopping up and scrabbling for the gear "W-Well, yeah! We gotta help 'em! Even ifthey might end up bein' nasty, it's worth a shot t' try."

 No.684339

>>684335
"Well, everyone else seems to have the same idea. And I don't mind either way."
She stands up and stretches her back, making it crack here and there.
"Either way, there's likely some work to take my mind off of things. So…let's do it."

 No.684340

>>684337
"True. Well, we can scrape some florins out of them for the save."

"If they get in the way of the mission we'll park them at the station until we're finished."

 No.684341

>>684335
>>684336
>>684337
>>684338
>>684339


Teal thinks about then situation, calculating the odds and responds, going against the grain in a surprisingly level-headed fashion:

"I'd vote for leaving them be for now. If the message is true, then the ship has already lost what it could to the pirates. It means they're not likely to bother with them anymore - hence, they're safe for the time being. If it's only fuel that they're lacking and not provisions or fixing life support systems, then they can afford to wait, contrary to us. Our mission is on a time limit. We can take care of them once it's over. Not to mention there's a fair chance that, even if it's not a trap proper, going round that ship might alert pirates to our presence beforehand. Given the superior forces of the enemy, it is of crucial importance that we don't lose this tactical advantage."

After a while of silence, she adds:

"Plus, if we don't help them out outright, there is a bigger chance we might recover whatever it is that they lost to the pirates."

 No.684342

>>684341
"Valid, but keep in mind we're not pirates. At least, not all of us. We should at least open communications and fully assess their situation. For all we know, they could have passengers who are bleeding out and dying. We don't have to leave now, per se. I'm sure they wouldn't mind waiting a bit with some peace of mind."

 No.684343

>>684341
"Oh really? I wasn't aware you ascertained the situation inside their ship all the way from within ours. We're checking it out, and they're not waiting."

 No.684344

>>684341
"If we move their ship with us to the station we'll get them out of open space and have an out if our ship is attacked."

"And if it's full of dirty pirates I'll show them why i was called 'The terror of open space'!"

 No.684345

>>684341
"W-Well, we can't jus' leave 'em! We gotta check an' see, at th' least. I-I really wanna help, though."

 No.684346

>>684343

"It is only fuel that has been mentioned, mister Hui. I've evaluated on the basis of what I've heard and I have not assumed things to be certain, mind you, only pointed out what seems rational." - Teal responds, without getting emotional, contrary to the clearly roused adressee.

>>684342

"If that were the case, wouldn't they have enclosed such important data in the distress signal, miss Veta?" - again, no irony felt in the calm, collected voice.

>>684344

"Admittedly, I don't see logic in it. Why would anyone haul a fuel-less ship over to a destroyed station? If not suspicious, woudn't that make the passengers more vulnerable to the pirates present there?"

 No.684347

>>684346
"Not if we leave Pyrite to guard them! A big pony like him can keep an eye out no problem."

 No.684348

>>684346
She shrugs, obviously indifferent.
"I dunno. If it isn't obvious, I don't exactly have high expectations of a stranger's intelligence right off the bat."

 No.684349

>>684347

"I'll agree that Pyrite seems like a trustworthy pony in regards to guarding others. However, the very need to guard them arises if we take the ship with us down to the station. Aren't they safer where they are now? Not to mention, if we choose anyone to guard them, we will need to decrease the size of our search party."

 No.684350

>>684349
"W-W, we could at least stop by an'make sure they don't need anythin' vital. Then we can come get 'em on th' way back."

 No.684351

>>684349
>>684350
>>684335
"Fine, fine, y'made your point, we'll check up on them then haul the ship back with us." i sigh, running my talons through my mane.

"Suppose it's more practical, at least."

 No.684352

>>684350

"Pyrite. I can tell you're a good-natured pony. However, not helping them now is for their own good. Again, if there was anything vital that they needed aside from fuel, isn't it common sense that they would've included it in their distress signal?"

Teal looks around the ones gathered and adds:

"That being said, I can see that I am alone in my judgement. If none of you agrees with me, then we should go with what you proposed. No sense in disputing further."

 No.684353

>>684352
"R-Right, I guess they woulda. Well, if everyone else wants t' giveit a pass, I can agree t' that, I guess."

 No.684354

>pausing

 No.684503

Post sheets!

 No.684504

>>684503

https://pastebin.com/TndTEZAb

>Should be getting some cool pics to post alongside that.

 No.684505


 No.684506

File: 1491703335154.webm (1.41 MB, 640x640, Hugging Doggos.webm)


 No.684507

File: 1491703485450.jpg (307.08 KB, 1080x1080, 1491603607809.jpg)


 No.684508


 No.684509

>>684504
>>684505
>>684506
>>684507
>>684508
"Well, looks like that's settled then," Goldie says in satisfaction, despite Rivers having opened his mouth to talk. He gives her a death glare as she continues. "I'll let them dock and we'll help them out as best we can. I don't know if we'll get anything out of this, but we don't always have to do it for money. We shouldn't stoop that low." With that, she promptly heads back to the cockpit to signal the ship in distress.

Over the next hour or so, your ship drifts over to the stranded travelers. It is a small, fairly nondescript vessel, notable only for its angular, pointy appearance and metallic green hue. You slowly come parallel to them and watch as your ship connects to theirs. Before long, you are greeting the ship's passengers, a group of four or five young adult mares who were apparently passing through this sector on their way back from holidays. They look somewhat shaken by their runin with the pirates, but are otherwise unharmed. The de facto leader of their group, Fever Ray, explains that they are out of fuel, as it was taken by the pirates. With your help, the travelers carry about a quarter of your ship's fuel cells out to help them get to the nearest Ark. As usual, Dr Rivers stays to the back of the ship, and doesn't emerge while you're helping the stragglers.

"Hey, thanks so much for everything," Fever Ray says as you finish doing your good deed for the day. "We would have died out here if you hadn't gotten our signal. We don't really have much to offer, but…" She digs around her pockets for a moment before offering you a small wad of money. "We agreed we'd give this to whoever came along. Here. You all deserve it."

 No.684510

>>684509
"Glad we could help, mister Ray! I'm jus' happy we got here when we did!" he frowns a little, and shakes his head "aw, ya don't gotta give us a reward. 'Specially with how things went f'r ya, y'all need that more than we probably do."

 No.684511

>>684509
"Glad to be of service."

taking ahold of the wad of florins, i leaf through it with my magic while strolling towards the console.

"Anyone from your crew missing? If they've got a hostage it'll only get worse.."

 No.684512

>>684509
Hui keeps quiet, eyeing the mares with suspicion, quietly scrutinizing their story.

 No.684513

>>684509
"I would've offered the grand chance of free medical services, but you all seem to be in good shape. Pity," she says with a shrug, "mostly for me. But I would beeline back somewhere safe after this. But hey, now you have a great story to reminisce about on your next ladies' night out."

 No.684514

>>684509

Having looked along the way for signs of potential danger inside of the stranded ones' ship while appearing to be engaged in the activities required, Teal could have been found giving curious looks all around the place. She used the excuse of not being big enough to carry the cells to be wary of the foreign mares and what could they be doing while the party's guard was lowered. While they handle the compliments, she can be found between eyeing them and watching over the sensors that supervise the area outside of the ship.

 No.684515

>>684511
"E-Err, uh… I-I guess you're th' boss."

 No.684516

>>684515
"If we ignore money when it's around, we'll be out when it isn't." i reply plainly, bopping you on the nose with the money to emphasize.

 No.684517

>>684516
"R-Right, sorry." he nods sheepishly "I-I have a habit 'a that."

 No.684518

>>684510
She looks offput for a second, but it passes. "No, really, I insist. It's the least we can do in return."

>>684511
You count through it quickly. It's not really much, only 80 florins, but it's better than no reward.

"No, nobody got kidnapped. We don't exactly have much of value, they only took our fuel. They didn't seem to be after our money. They seemed… desperate. Wild, even. They're not like normal folks. I'd get out of here as soon as you can if I were you."

>>684512
They seem trustworthy enough to you. You notice one of them looking at your staff curiously.

>>684513
Fever Ray nods. "We're getting out of here as soon as we can. What a great way to end our vacation."

>>684514
You take a look around the mares' ship. It seems quite homely on the inside, if somewhat barebones. There are signs of a struggle, however, as much of the interior is very messy. Presumably this was the pirates' doing. There's no sign of them on the exterior, however, apparently still stationed at the research outpost. Judging from some of the signs around the ship, the mares seem to have rented it from a company.

>>684515
"Well, I am, actually," Goldie pipes up, "but I guess that's only for this mission. Or at least until you can afford a ship of your own."

With your business concluded, the mares return to their own ship, thanking you profusely once again. "You know," one of them comments, "folks say all sorts of nasty things about the Golden Company. Guess you proved all them wrong." With that, their ship undocks from yours and takes off after a few minutes, eventually blinking into FTL.

"Well, that's that then," Goldie says, looking pleased at having helped out those strangers. "Now back to business. Just sit tight and we should arrive at Haxan in the next half an hour. We've got some built in radar jammers, so we should be all but invisible to the pirates, at least until we're docked with the station."

>timeskip


Some time later, your ship begins to arrive at Haxan - or at least what's left of it. The station seems to have been built much like the shape of a spider's web, but approximately half of it has been destroyed, hosting an enormous asteroid with an aura of debris around it. There's no sign of the pirates' vessel, strangely enough.

Your ship begins to move closer and closer to the intact portions of Haxan. As it does so, Goldie and Rivers join you all to take in the view. The latter groans at the sight of his former reserch station reduced to rubble. "Okay gang," Goldie chirps, "here's the plan. We can't really dock properly with the station, since obviously there's no one left on there to monitor it. What you'll have to do is get in the hard way." She take out a data pad and brings up a schematic of Haxan, pointing out a highlighted hatch on the exterior. "You'll need to open this from the outside and get in through the airlock. We've got space suits ready to go. From there, you'll need to the docking bay ready so we can land safely."

"Also, here. You'll need these." She hands you all earpieces. "This way we'll be able to stay in touch. I'll stay on board and have the ship ready. I'll be able to guide you through the docking procedure from here. …I'm assuming you all know how to operate in zero gravity, right? It's okay if you don't, I'll walk you through that as well."

 No.684519

>>684517
"You're a good pony, Pyrite. Too bad good ponies don't last long in the vacuum of space."

"When you've raided for as long as i have, you know how to scrape every Florin you can out of people. Helps keep the engine full and the lights on."

 No.684520

>>684518
"No dock, huh? Nothing too tough, i've handled zero-g before."

slipping the earpiece on, i strap my shotgun and ammo close to my body and make my way to the airlock.

 No.684521

>>684518
He looks away, hiding the staff behind his back a little. Until they leave, he pretends to be distracted with his data pad to excuse himself from the room.

Once he's got on the earpiece and space suit, he moves to the airlock. "Any signs of the pirates yet?"

 No.684522

>>684518
Veta takes the earpiece, putting in place and her ear rotates a bit from the feeling.
"Well, I've had to do an operation or two in zero g. Was actually nice having my equipment float around instead of some jittery assistant that wasn't a unicorn."

 No.684523

>>684522
"Not worried about powered saws and lasers floating loose in the room?"

 No.684524

>>684518

"Gotcha."

Teal mounts the earpiece and dons the space suit. Since there was was a high chance they wouldn't be getting out of those on the station, she takes the time to extend the shield and submerge the aeronautical piece in it.

>Defaulting Cradle on the space suit


"Ready when you are."

>>684523

She snorts.

"Well, ain't those a hoofful…?"

 No.684525

>>684523
"That's because a doctor who didn't get their degree playing a simulator will actually turn such things off after using them. What, are you going to ask if I use a hammer to get past the ribs or something?"

 No.684526

>>684518
R-Right, sorry miss." he mumbles, folding his ears back a bit.
>>684519
"A-And, uhm, thanks. I ain't th' best at this stuff, so I'll try t' think more 'bout that."


When they return to the ship, he gives a short nod after listening to Goldie "Sure, I can give it a shot! I've never really done much zero gravity stuff, so I could use a bit'f a walkthrough if ya don't mind."

>>684525
"Would somepony even do that? A hammer sounds pretty dangerous."

 No.684527

>>684526
She gives Pyrite a slight smirk.
"See? Now aren't you more glad that you all ran into me and not some other shit-for-brains doctor?"

 No.684528

>>684527
"Definitely, Miss Veta!"

 No.684529

>>684520
"Good to know. This should be over quick then."

>>684520
Goldie shakes her head. "none, and that's what worries me. They should be docked already, or at least orbiting the station…"

>>684522
"Well, this is going to be a little different to that. If anything goes wrong, I can bail you out, no worries."

>>684524
Luckily, the ship is equipped with space suits for all different kinds of species, including Breezies. Your suit has gathered a bit of dust, but other than that it's wearable.

>>684526
"Not a problem. Just do as I say and you'll be alright."

"You had better get this done quick," Rivers grunts as he looks out the window. "There's a LOT depending on it. I won't be happy if you fail, and neither will Polybius. If anyone needs me, I'll be in my room. The sight of this place is giving me an ulcer." With that, he turns tail and leaves, Golie shaking her head in disapproval. "Can't exactly make any promises about that," she says, more to herself than to him.

You all get into your suits, Goldie talking Pyrite through the process of putting on the helmet and attaching the tether to the ship. Before long, you are going through the airlock and emerge into the vacuum of space. It is a strange sensation, almost like floating underwater. Looking in almost every direction, you can see billions of stars light years away, almost all part of the Sun-Moon Empire.

At Goldie's instructions, you gently push off from the airlock and float towards the hatch you're meant to be opening. It is operated by a large circular valve, that opens up to Haxan's airlock with a rush of pressurized gases that makes it difficult to keep stable. Before long, however, you are through the airlock, out of your space suits and inside Haxan.

Just as it is on the outside, the metallic inside is in a state of severe disrepair. The lights are flickering, panels have been shaken off the walls from the impact of the asteroid, there are destroyed maintenance robots everywhere, rubble blocks several paths and loose wires spark at every corner. Despite the unholy mess, it seems that people have been through here recently, judging by the hoofprints and the lack of any valuables anywhere.

"Alright, so far so good," you hear Goldie say. Her voice is distorted somewhat, and you feel that the signal might get weaker. "You're on the administration level right now. If you continue forwards, you'll reach a large open area. On the right end of that area should be the central command console. If it's still in one piece, we should be able to get this ship to dock. Just let me know when you're there, and tell me what you see on the way."

>roll Perception

 No.684530

>>684529
>>684523
"Roger, Goldie." Turning to Risky, he frowns. "What do you think, captain? Looks like they may have already been here. You got a plan for us or we playing by ear? Oh, and I'm going to borrow this…"

He animates Risky's shadow, causing it to rise up from behind her and walk about on its own.

[1d10+1] Raise Dead

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.684531

>>684529
"On the way."

with the quiet of the hall broken by the clicking of claw on plating, i make my way towards the door, careful to peek through as it opens.
[1d10] Perception

"The ground team is mine, follow my lead and we'll make it through."

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.684532

File: 1491712839272.gif (3.6 MB, 500x282, Space Doge.gif)

>>684529
"Got it," Veta replies, looking around the wrecked ship.

"Sheesh, they sure did a number on this place," she says as she tries to prepare emergency syringes should anything happen.

>Distill Life

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.684533

>>684529
>>684532

"Quite the wreckage indeed. Wonder if the pirates didn't contribute to the mess though." - Teal comments while readjusting the forcefield back to the original target, her stealth suit.

"Can't quite complain, seems like a perfect fit for me."

With that in mind, the Breezie moves on, using the various pieces of rubble and wreckage as cover for her, beginning to move stealthily about.

>defaulting stealth


>perception roll


[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.684534

>>684529
Pyrite nods eagerly, and listens to Goldie's instructions intently. He hurries over towards the airlock, before yelping a little at the moving shadow "W-Wha? H-How'd ya do that?!"
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.684535

>>684530
You try to animate the shadow, only to have it twitch slightly before falling inert.

>>684531
You don't see anything dangerous, but you have a vague feeling of impending dread.

>>684532
You finally manage to get your systems working properly and prepare three adrenaline shots. In a pinch, they should keep the team going.

>>684533
You scout ahead of the rest of the group, even giving your companions the slip. As you fly ahead, you find discarded food containers and satchels of supplies, hinting that the pirates have taken up residence here very recently. Suddenly, you hear very faint footsteps from off in the distance.

>>684534
You see more footprints in the dust, and a few bags and food containers suggesting the pirates have been here in the recent past.

The console, luckily, was not heavily damage in the asteroid collision. It is a large monitor about three ponies long, with a myriad of buttons you barely recognize. "How's everything looking?" Goldie asks. "With any luck you'll be able to hook up our ship."

 No.684536

>>684535
"There's a big ol' monitor with a whole buncha buttons! I-I dunno what anny 'a them do. It doesn't look damaged, though!"

 No.684537

>>684535
"Working on it, these controls might have been damaged"

Clicking away with my talon, I try and reboot the system [1d10] Interface

"Watch our back, crew! We haven't seen hide or hair of those pirates."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.684538

>>684535

Teal's ears twitch when she catches the sound of a nearby foe.

"Careful" - she informs through the earpiece - "I can hear them. Not too close, but still. We better hurry with this console, if we don't want them to damage it further by taking the fight here, I reckon."

Seeing Risky try her way with the console, Teal flies towards it as well, She takes a glance at the multitude of the buttons present and dives in shortly afterwards underneath the panel, seeking to make heads and tails out of this module by taking a closer look at it.

>Engineering


[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.684539

>>684535
"There we go. Finally," Veta mutters, looking around at the group. Wait…did one go missing? Ah well.
"Risky, Hui. Take 'em. You too, Pyrite. Just jab them anywhere and it'll do its job. Might feel a little tingly for a moment."

>Giving Risky, Hui, and Pyrite a potion each.

>Instant Automatic; recover three hits

At this point, Veta just sits back and let's Risky do her thing, keeping ready in case something goes south.

 No.684540

>>684539
Veta keeps an ear out in case anything tries to sneak up on them, though looking like she's about to take a nap sitting down.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.684541

>>684539
"Shucks, thank ya kindly!" he says, putting the vial away to use later. He tries his best to keep a lookout as well.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.684542

>>684539
Slipping the syringe into my vest, I nod, focusing on the console.

"Will do. You can't OD on these, right?"

 No.684543

>>684535
He makes another attempt at raising the shadow so they have another guard. [1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.684544

>>684541
She gives a thumbs up, good to see he at least has a place to store it.

>>684542
"Normally your florin account would; but stay on my good side, it won't. Oh, you mean yourself. No. At least, so long as you are hurt you won't. Trying to fix something that isn't there is a sure fire way to make something that will need fixing."

 No.684545

>>684539
"Err…. I'd prefer leaving mine with you. A little hard to operate without any fingers, and with my upbringing, it's a smaller risk if you handle it."

 No.684546

>>684536
There's a brief pause while Goldie considers her options. "… Maybe you should just leave this to someone else. Keep guard. Those pirates could come back at any moment. We're on their turf, after all."

>>684537
>>684538
With some help from Goldie, you manage to get the docking station ready and help her land the ship on what's left of the station. It takes quite a while, seeing as most of the systems are down, but you get there eventually. You're not entirely sure you understood everything she was telling you to do, but by following her instructions you both managed to pull it off together. The far end of the room is a window offering a view of space, through which you watch as Goldie expertly pilots the ship into the docking bay.

>>684539
>>684540
>>684541
You don't hear anyone coming, but you do look around the open area. From what you can see, there's a path off to the right that seems to lead to the living quarters, and at the far end of the room there's a busted door labeled "Samples." Mist seems to be pouring out of it slowly.

>>684543
You unfortunately fail to raise the shadow again.

"Good work team!" Goldie says cheerfully over the comms. "We're good to go. I'll stay parked here and give you guys h- …Hold on. I'm getting something…

"Oh, this is not good. There's a ship that just jumped out of FTL. It's them, they're on their way to dock right now. There's pirates in there with you to help them dock. You need to hide. Now."

Sure enough, through the window, you can see the pirate's ship floating in. It is several orders of magnitude larger than your ship, a huge, shapeless, ramshackle vessel made of several different alloys mishmashed together. At its bow is painted a huge, grinning face with Xed out eyes, as well as the ship's name in sloppy printing: the Big Daddy!, complete with the exclamation mark.

You hear footsteps coming from the living quarters, and before long six extremely filthy-looking pirates with assorted weaponry emerge. Four of them are Diamond Dogs, while one is a pegasus and the other a griffon. The latter confronts you. He is carrying some sort of electrified nightstick and has a cybernetic eye, and doesn't look very bright at all. "Oi! Who are youse?" he demands, his eyes moving independently of one another as he assesses the group. "Youse don't belong here…"

 No.684547

>>684545
"Or I can just jab it into you now and set it to an automatic release when you feel like it. I'm a doctor-turned-mercenary, not a nurse."

>>684546
"We are just figments of your imagination," Veta begins, not moving from her spot right away, "brought on from whatever that mist is leaking from that door. A pretty fun group high, wouldn't you say?"

>Bluff/Lie/being a wiseass

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.684548

>>684546
>>684547
He cringes at the thought of the needle. "We'll just figure it out later."

To the pirates he nods. "Right, we're mostly just incarnations of stuff you forgot to do. Cleaning up your rooms, brushing your manes, stuff like that. Seriously, you dont' want to breathe this stuff in too much, otherwise we'll turn into your parents next, and not even we want that."

[1d10+2] lying

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.684549

>>684547
>>684548
Very confused, I roll with what they're planning
"Exactly, you're seeing things, must be a gas leak!"
[1d10] improvise
>>684546

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.684550

>>684546
"Somethin' comin'? Shucks, that can't be good. I guess I'll keep a lookout." he says, grabbing for his gear and getting to attention. He blinks once or twice as they walk in, going to say something before shaking his head and keeping quiet. He's not a good liar, anyways.

 No.684551

>>684546

Teal makes use of the distraction that Veta started providing and sneaks up on the griffon in charge. Trying her best to avoid the swathing tail, she sets up preemptively some explosive crystal charges on one of his back paws.

>Sabotage

>DC lowered by a total of 2, due to the trained talent and "tiny" racial trait.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.684552

>>684550
It looks to you like things are about to go south.

>>684547
>>684548
>>684549
The griffon looks dumbfounded for a second, and the sextet huddle together to discuss the situation, murmuring urgently. The griffon turns back to you with a triumphant, lopsided grin, his cyborg eye aquiver. "Youse is real, isn't youse?" he growls. He points an accusing finger at the broken door. "That's just ventilly… vent… er, air. Yeh! Air!"

>>684551
You manage to set some tiny charges on his legs. He twitches and grunts in discomfort, almost swatting you as he itches his leg, but doesn't notice your trap.

The griffon powers up his nightstick, clearly ready for a fight. It crackles with electricity as he charges towards you. "Whop 'em lads!" With that, the pirates swing into action, getting ready to deliver you a good beatdown.

The griffon, being the biggest of the bunch, decides to pick on someone his own size and swings at Pyrite.
[1d10+1]

The pegasus flies up, pulling out a large hunting knife and backing the griffon up by swinging at Pyrite.
[1d10]

Three of the four dogs stick together, eschewing weapons in favor of dogpiling on Veta.
[3d10] Tackle

The remaining dog pulls out a pocket knife and tries to shank Undisol.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #2 4 = 4 / Roll #3 3, 7, 5 = 15 / Roll #4 1 = 1

 No.684553

>>684552
"Eh, it was worth a try."

"Come on then, birdbrain! I'll show you how a real pirate fights!"

Wasting no time, I leap at the griffon, trying to knock him over, claw sparking off the console paneling!
[1d10+2] overconfidence
[1d10] body tackle

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.684554

>>684552
Pyrite frowns a little, mumbling "Shucks, guess we can't talk this out." He lets out a startled yelp as the griffon goes straight for him, ducking a little and throwing himself at him to try and tackle him "I-I'll take care 'a th' big guy!"
[1d10+1] Wrasslin' (+1 from Grappler)

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.684555

>>684552
He raises the griffon's shadow, disappointed in their discovery. [1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.684556

>>684552
"Ahh geez, just when I thought we could get away easy."
Veta sees the dogs coming after her, trying to use her robotic claws to fend them off.
"Hey hey, one at a time. Or at least buy me dinner and a few drinks first. I'm not some cheap tavern floozey."

>Single weapon attack

[1d10]
>attempt to make them flustered or something with what she said
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.684557

>>684552

The moment the griffon announced its course of action, Teal jumped off him and denied him the good, first swing that he was, as Teal could tell, about to make. Namely, she set off the charges in a moment that threw the griffon off balance and left him wide open in the face of Teal's comrades.

>Calling sabotage on the griffon, substracting 8 from his roll.


It looked as though they were at a slight disadvantage regarding the numbers. However, there was an element of surprise on the Breezie's side. Although hestitant to leap into the fray with such a pile of meaty, chaotically-fightning opponents, she nonetheless did. Extending the fluid energy blade from her forehoof-mounted mechanism, she flew from behind the group, aiming for a broad swing, to cut down the enemy ranks. She aimed at all the four Diamond Dogs, their somewhat similar size making the targeting of their vitals with one swing a somewhat easier issue..

>Cleave on the 4 Diamond Dogs

>Critfail on 3-, due to the trained talent
>DC reduced by a total of two

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.684558

>>684557

Forgot to add:

>autocrits due to stealth

 No.684559

>>684554
As the griffon goes to give you a heavy wallop, a device planted on his leg by Teal Drop leaves him quite shocked as he collapses in sudden pain. You dodge the pegasus' swing and take the opportunity to tackle the griffon to the ground. He manages to scrabble backwards and get back up, albeit with a limp.

>>684553
"Who youse calling birdbr- Oof!" You deliver a solid roundhouse punch to the griffon as he gets away from Pyrite's tackle, leaving him helpless and seeing stars.

>>684555
You finally manage to pull off your spell, and the griffon's shadow detaches itself from him and stumbles over to your side. It quickly springs to life, delivering a mighty punch to your attacker, knocking him helpless.

>>684556
They didn't quite get what you said, but seem demoralized anyway, as you manage to avoid two of the doggos and give one a nasty cut across the cheek. The third barrels into you, making you hit your head on a railing quite hard.
>Veta takes 2 hits

>>684557
You see your trap work swimmingly as the griffon's attack is sabotaged. You follow up with a swift strike of your energy blade, dealing a powerful blow to all four Dogs. They are left perplexed by what attacked them, until one of them points you out and shouts a warning.

With the previously unseen threat revealed, one of the Dogs tries to swat Teal out of the air.
[1d10]

Two Dogs keep up their attack on Veta, opting to use their natural claws instead.
[2d10]

The fourth Dog tries to recover from the blow dealt to it by his shadowy assailant.
[1d10]

The griffon tries to get back up also.
[1d10]

The pegasus turns his attention to Risky, improperly holding his knife as a rapier and jabbing at her.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 4, 4 = 8 / Roll #3 8 = 8 / Roll #4 3 = 3 / Roll #5 1 = 1

 No.684560

>>684559
The griffon's shadow attacks the griffon. [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.684561

>>684559
"Ahaha! You call that a knife?"

Seeing the Pegasus and his stab, I lock my talons together and spear him in reply!

"Now these are knives!"
[1d10] melee

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.684562

>>684559
Pyrite pulls himself off from over the griffon and blinks once or twice, before shrugging a little and pulling his shield out and looking around to gauge the situation. He lets out a little yelp before charging over to take the swat for Teal, and give the Diamond Dog a bash with his shield
>Protect [Teal]
>Slam: [1d10+1] (Crits on 8+)

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.684563

>>684559
"Hey, what did I just say?! Paws off the merchandise!"
She swings her metal claws against their natural ones.

>Single weapon attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.684564

>>684559

What happened was to be expected. Glad to have pulled off the first cut cleanly, Teal is well-aware that things wouldn't be so easy from now on. Especially seeing one of those she injured wish to get back at ther immediately. Seeing the incoming blow, the Breezie dives in-between the bodies, attempting to lose the assailant in the crowd.

>Stealth

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.684565

>>684560
The big lug swipes blindly as you command his shadow to attack him. Instead, he manages to dissipate the shadow momentarily, and it fragments into a smoky substance before reforming. It seems to waver and flicker constantly, implying it won't last much longer.

>>684561
You manage to fend off his stabbing attack and counteract with a well placed jab to the face. He grunts as he spirals to the ground helpless.

>>684562
You take the blow for Teal. While not being much more than a slap in the face, it hits surprisingly hard, knocking you off balance for a moment. You respond to it by ramming your shield into the Dog, bowling him over helpless.
>Pyrite takes 5 hits

>>684563
You manage to dodge both their attacks, swinging at one of the Dogs with your metal claws, poking his eye rather painfully. He also falls to the ground helpless.

>>684564
You manage to zip out of combat for now, hiding under a pile of rubble.

While the griffon is still winded from the blow, the other Dog pulls himself back up, ready to keep brawling.

>pausing

 No.684714

Post sheets!

 No.684715


 No.684716


 No.684717

File: 1492307780426.webm (3.99 MB, 640x360, How Was Your Day.webm)


 No.684718

File: 1492307972815.png (20.2 KB, 800x480, 1476597075138.png)


 No.684719

>>684715
>>684716
>>684717
>>684718
The battle continues! Reminder that Risky and Hui both have adrenaline shots to keep them going in a pinch, recovering three hits. Hui has also raised the griffon's shadow as a minion, although it has two hits left before it dissipates.

You have turned the tide of battle against your attackers, with five of the six having been knocked to the ground. The only one standing is one of the Diamond Dog pirates, who tries to help up the griffon.
[1d10]

The griffon, pegasus, and the three other doggos all try to pull themselves back up on their own.
[5d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 1, 10, 2, 10, 8 = 31

 No.684720

>>684719
rushing the last standing diamond dog, i try and bash him with my claw!
[1d10] Melee

"You're helping no one, dog!"

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.684721

>>684719
>Trained Talent: Shadow Absorption: Automatic; Undisol can sacrifice 1 minion, absorbing the shadow into his own to either a) Heal full Hits and 1 Wound or b) gain +1 to a chosen action until the end of combat.

The dwindling shadow flies toward Hui's hoof, and he crushes it, restoring its magic into his own.

>Gaining +1 to Raise Dead


Meanwhile, his own, fresh shadow moves out from beneath him and attacks the standing diamond dog (raised during previous session).

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.684722

>>684719
Seeing Pyrite take a hit pretty hard, Veta walks over while rolling her shoulders. She clearly didn't seem all too worried.
"Okay, hold still. This'll only pinch for a second or two," she says as the tip of one of her claws is replaced with a needle, quickly jabbing it into Pyrite and injecting something to jumpstart the healing process.

>Rejuvenate, talent makes it have a DC 4 for success

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.684723

>>684719

Teal, having shifted under the rubble as to reach a new angle of offensive, now proceeded to launch another sneak attack. The Breezie dived forward, extending her weapon to slide the energy whip across the backs of both the one left standing as well as those looking successful in their attempts to recover. Alike a beastmaster, taming one's prey - painfully so.

>Cleave on 4 targets

>Critfail on 3
>DC reduced by 2
>Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.684724

>>684720
Just as he's helping up the griffon, you punch him so hard you knock his few remaining teeth out. He topples into the griffon and they both collapse, unconscious for now.

>>684721
Your shadow punches the Dog, but he's already been knocked out by Risky's blow. You're definitely going to leave him with a black eye for quite some time though.

>>684722
You successfully treat Pyrite's wounds with your formula, keeping him on his toes. He is very grateful for it.

>>684723
You misjudge your swing, and only manage to graze the pirates.

One Dog and the griffon have both been taken out of the fight, but the pegasus and two other Dogs rise to their feet/hooves with relative ease. Not wasting any time, they spring into action, both Dogs teaming up on Risky while the pegasus tries to swat Teal out of the air.
[2d10] vs Risky
[1d10] vs Teal

Roll #1 2, 10 = 12 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.684725

>>684724
Oh, and the remaining Dog tries to recover.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.684726

>>684724
Hui's shadow now attacks one of the dogs that gang up on Risky. [1d10]

Then, he reaches toward Risky and animates her shadow. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 4 + 2 = 6

 No.684727

>>684723
>>684724
Correction: You deal a swift blow to all three pirates, giving them all a nasty slice. It won't prevent them from getting up, but it'll leave them with a souvenir of your fight.

 No.684728

>>684724
Veta walks over to the dog trying to get back up, squatting down in front and has a look like she's thinking about something.
"My professional opinion? Stay in bed and get some rest."
She then proceeds to punch the downed dog right in the face.

>Single weapon attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.684729

>>684724
"Ahaha! So you want to clash blades with the queen of pirates?"

after clobbering the dog, i leap towards the two, claws extended to stab and tear!

"Have some of this, Ark rats!"
[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.684730

>>684724

The Breezie, having completed the attack sequence, finishes the loop by flying backwards for a moment, observing the one paying her attention, not meaning to turn her back at him immediately. However, she does attempt to vanish in the swirl of fight afterwards, looking to cut across corridor in the process. That she tries to accomplish while staying low, for the rising dust, roused from the fight to aid in her act of hiding.

>stealth

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.684731

>>684728
You try to go for a swing, but one of the Dogs sees you coming and elbows you square in the chest, leaving you disoriented momentarily. You manage to recover from the blow and assume control of Risky's shadow.
>Risky's shadow is at 10/2, as does your own
>Hui takes 4 hits

>>684728
He growls incoherently and rolls out of the way of your punch, countering with a swift and very painful kick to the shins that bowls you over.
>Veta takes 5 hits, helpless

>>684729
You manage to bash one of the Dogs to the ground again, rendering him unconscious as well. However, in your rush to keep up the offensive, you remind yourself about Overconfidence a moment too late, as one of the Dogs punches you in the face and then kicks you in the gut. With the wind knocked out of your sails, you fall to the ground, seeing stars. And not just the ones through the window.
>Risky takes 5 hits, helpless

>>684730
You dash out of the way of the pegasus' attack, and he manages to bash Pyrite upside the head instead. You quickly zip out of sight, perching yourself on a nearby railing.

Another Dog is down for the count, but the party have also taken heavy damage on this round. The pegasus takes to the air and scans the room, trying to spot the missing Breezie.
[1d10] Perception

The helpless Dog tries to recover again.
[1d10]

The non-helpless Dog tries to bash Hui with his shoulder.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 6 = 6

 No.684732

>>684731
"Oh, well, looks like you were lying about being hurt I guess," she remarks to the dog as she rubs her shin and attempts to stand back up.

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.684733

>>684731
keeled over from the blow, i growl and try to stand back up.
"Oh I'll tie you to the engine for that!"
[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.684734

>>684731
Hui's shadow attacks the non-helpless dog. [1d10]
As does Risky's. [1d10]

He pokes the non-helpless dog with his spear. [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 4 = 4

 No.684735

>>684731

Teal, observing the battlefield with a cold gaze from the top of the railing, makes notice of the one Pegasus that decided to take to the skies after her. She squinted her eyes at the approaching target as it neared her position, then set off, diving past him and letting the searing energy wire to brush alongside his body on the whole length, as she prepared to strike at her team's remaining foes, before they get alerted to her presence prematurely. The Pegasus seemed like he could be a problem, lest it gets dealt with.

>Cleave 4, meaning the pegasus who sought her out + 3 random targets, prioritizing the ones currently up. Feeling ok with choosing whichever fit the scene atm.

>Critfail on 3
>DC reduced by 2
>Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.684736

>>684732
You don't get much of a response from him as you get back up, your shin still smarting. You're not even sure he speaks Basic.

>>684733
You pull yourself back up easily, ready to deliver the smackdown on these wannabe looters.

>>684734
The Dog looks frightened for a moment as the shadows surround him, but he manages to avoid Risky's shadow and swat away your own, leaving it wavering and unstable. He jumps out of the way of your stab and shoulder bashes you.
>Hui takes 2 hits
>Hui's shadow is at 1/2

>>684735
You deliver a rapid and powerful slice to the pegasus, the Dog who just got up, the one Risky floored moments before, and the one attacking Hui. The latter stumbles from the sudden attack, looking almost ready to go down.

The pegasus' eyes dart around the room, until he sees Teal on the railing. He rapidly flies over and claps his hooves together on her, alerting the remaining pirates to her presence.
[1d10]

The Dog that was previously on the ground is now up and ready to rumble, running on all fours like an ape as he barrels into Risky.
[1d10]

The Dog on his last legs haphazardly swings one paw at Hui again.

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.684737

>>684736
Forgot
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.684738

>>684736
Shadow Absorption: Automatic; Undisol can sacrifice 1 minion, absorbing the shadow into his own to either a) Heal full Hits and 1 Wound or b) gain +1 to a chosen action until the end of combat.

He absorbs his own shadow, this time making himself stronger.

Risky's shadow drop-kicks the dog which attacks Hui.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.684739

>>684736
with the dog charging headlong towards me, i reach for something heavy nearby with my claw, ready to knock him over the head once in range.
[1d10] Improvise

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.684740

>>684736
"Not much of a talker, are you? Making it really hard for me to enjoy my job," she remarks as the dog goes running off to attack someone. She shrugs, and casually moves to Risky.
"Nasty hit back there," she says before jabbing Risky with another syringe-tipped claw. This time, she moves her claw away and leaves the syringe in her, "and I think a shank would be a better option than whatever you're planning, right?"

>Rejuvenate

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.684741

>>684740
"First solid hit these dogs had! Gonna take a lot more than that to keep me down."

"This is easier than i thought, if this is the best they have, that ship is good as mine!"

 No.684742

>>684736

With the eyes and ears of the pirate task force on her tiny frame, Teal engaged in a dirty tactic. She flew in the direction of the pegasus, right in his face… or so it would seem. She slid across his forehead and cheek, grabbing the ear and using it as a leverage to beat the rotary force and jump off him throwing a tiny crystal fragmentation bomb down the last mentioned, sensitive organ..

>Sabotage on the Pegasus

>DC reduced only by 1 and not 2 in this case, I think?

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.684743

>>684738
The Dog's blow is deceptively strong, but you take it on the chin like a man. Or stallion, rather. Risky's shadow kicks him to the ground, where he just lies there accepting his fate.

>>684739
You fail to find anything to defend yourself with, taking the full force of his attack as you stumble and fall. You pick yourself back up, but you are somewhat dazed from the blow.
>Risky takes 3 hits

>>684740
In the heat of the battle, you fail to poke her in the veins, instead just jabbing her rather painfully in the side.

>>684742
You try and prepare a bomb, but you don't have enough time to get it ready before you are forced to dart out of the way of the incoming attack. Thinking quickly, you flick your energy whip and slice the pegasus' face, drawing blood. The sudden sting sends him off balance, hitting his head on a large piece of rubble and losing consciousness.

Two more pirates have bitten the dust now, and only one remains. Seeing his companions fall only seems to bolster the Dog's resolve as he jumps at Risky, claws bared.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.684744

>>684743
Risky's shadow bonks the last pirate on the head.
[1d10]
As does Hue
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.684745

>>684740
>>684743
You give Risky her shots, just as the doctor ordered.
>Risky recovers all hits and one wound

 No.684746

>>684743
"I'll tear you to pieces, Dog!"

incensed by the brash charge from earlier, i meet the mutt head on with a clenched claw!
[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.684747

>>684743
Veta stretches, seeing as how the others have this lone dog handled.
"Welp, I did my part. You guys have fun beating him up, I'm gonna get a head start on setting up their payment plan," she calls out, going around and rummaging through the unconscious pirates' stuff.

 No.684748

>>684743

Teal takes things slowly. She falls downwards alongisde the Pegasus, using the cover of his limp body as means of cover. Once on the ground next to him, she inspects his condition brifly, to make sure he doesn't get up anytime soon. That is, she slits his throat. From over his body, she takes in the current situation, preparing herself to strike anew.

>stealth

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.684749

>>684747
"Check that griffon first! if he's their captain we've got a hostage to trade."

 No.684750

>>684749
"Yeah, he seemed pretty important. Not sure if pirates would care about hostages, but then again, I don't care much neither."

 No.684751

>I have a bad feeling about this loot roll
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.684752

>>684744
You perform a Team Attack and bring the final Dog down between the two of you.

>>684746
You slip on some loose rubble and fall in your eagerness to finish the fight. Luckily, the only thing hurt is your pride.

>>684747
>>684751
As you rummage through their personal belongings, you manage to salvage the following of note: 38 florins, a set of binoculars, a couple of protein bars, a pretty cool watch that projects the numbers up in a holographic display, and a commlink. The latter crackles as a gruff voice barks from it, presumably coming from the Big Daddy! idling outside the station. "Gavin. What's going on in there? Start the docking procedures, dammit. We've been waiting out here for ages."

>>684748
You finish off the pegasus with a slow and precise cut. Your work done, you zoom out of sight again, observing the situation from the main terminal at the far end of the room.

Suddenly, your earpieces come to life, and Goldie's voice warbles through. "Is everything alright up there? What just happened?"

 No.684753

>>684752
"we ran into a boarding party." i reply, brushing myself off as i get back up. "Nothing we couldn't handle but now we know they can't dock either."

>>684751
"Anything useful?"

 No.684754

>>684752
>>684753
He returns Risky's shadow to its original owner, and then gives her the healing vial which Veta gave him earlier. "Now what, captain?"

 No.684755

>>684753
"Some scratch, binoculars…hmm, protein bar, eyuck. Those things are sometimes loaded with sugar," she comments, then fiddles with the watch a bit, "I'm keeping this one. May not fit my wrist, but I'll get it fitted later."

>>684752
>>684753
Veta holds up the commlink as it crackles to life.
"My, what convinient timing," she says to the group, then actually answers.
"Sorry, but Gavin is taking a nap right now. Suffering from acute asskickedinitis. Doctor's orders," Veta answers idly as if it were another day in the office, "but I can take a message for him for when he wakes up. Or, if I'm not good enough for you, we have a few others still up."
She holds out the commlink in case anyone else wants to speak.
"Anyone?"

 No.684756

>>684752
>>684753

"That is, unless they send reinforcements" - Teal chimes in, flying over to where Risky was and finishing her sentence. She watches the pirates, waiting for movement other than breathing and involuntary spasms.

>>684755

As Veta holds up the commline, the Breezie falls silent and shakes her head, in case it is held up to her. One could tell from the look in her eyes that the stealthbug did not wish to have even its voice heard prematurely, unless it were necessary.

 No.684757

>>684754
>>684752
"Our ferry is docked and the pirates are off station, time to fan out and look for the beacon."

"Lock these goons in here and smash the console, we'll deal with them later." i reply, looking for a facility map on the console screen.
[1d10] Map search

>>684755
"I'll talk to them."

taking ahold of the piece with my magic as i'm typing, i hold it close enough to listen in, typing away at the keyboard.

"Your docking party isn't coming anytime soon, and if you're smart you'll stay off station while we work. Those clowns you sent are alive and we'll send em back to you alive if you cooperate."

"Try and dock and i'll take your ship myself." i add, pausing to mention it mid search.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.684758

>>684757

"I'd advise against smashing the console yet. We might yet need it" - Teal suggests through her earpiece, staying away from the commlink hld by Risky.

In case there was anything Teal could help out with regarding the console, she does so, making use of the knowledge she gained from using Engineering on it earlier on.

She tried to see whether there isn't any tractor beam or any other interesting equipment on board that is still functional/could be used against the pirates. If not to harm them directly, then to slow them down, at least.

[1d10]

Not seeing herself fit to tie up the pirates due to obvious limitations, once she's done with this space, she flies off to search the station, making sure to inform her teammates which route she is taking. Naturally, she'd choose to go by the map from the console, if there were any. Though there was a possiblity that the beacon was at the original place, there was a fair chance it was moved due to the catastrophe… nonetheless, it was worth trying out first. Assuming pirates didn't get that information from the console here first, of course. Did not seem to smart, but still…

>Search for the beacon


[1d10]

"Goldie? Is there enough space in the dock as to hide our ship?"

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.684759

>>684758
"Hmm, maybe not smash it, just have to keep them away from it.."

>>684758
"There's an idea, hide the ship and ambush the rest of them when they dock! We've just got to get the Beacon first."

 No.684760

>>684753
"Be careful," Goldie says emphatically, sounding genuinely concerned about your safety. "There's at least a hundred pirates on that ship. Don't get all cocky and go trying to act the heroes. You'll get yourselves killed."

>>684754
The shadow settles back into place with a soft sighing sound.

>>684756
It doesn't look like they're going to get back up for a while.

>>684757
You manage to pull up a map of the area you're in. Unfortunately, so many systems are down that you can't access maps of anywhere else other than this level.

Where you're standing is labeled as Administration, while behind you and to the right is the path down to Docking Bay 3 where your ship is parked, along with an elevator to one of the Dormitories.

Behind and to the left is a room labeled Samples; more importantly, however, there is a path connecting Admin to the Medical Bay, the Morgue, Security. There is also an elevator to an area called Research Lab Alpha, as well as Maintenance.

>>684758
You can't seem to find the beacon, at least not in this section of the facility. No sign of anything that could be used against the pirates either. This was a scientific research facility, after all.

>>684755
>>684757
There is a sullen silence from the other end, then the gruff voice speaks again, more quietly this time. "Listen closely, you. This station is mine. This ship is mine. My crew are loyal to me. You don't stand a chance. Lay down your weapons and surrender, and we can resolve this peacefully. Resist, and we will destroy you all." With that, a soft click notifies that he isn't intent on discussing the matter further.

Through the window, you see a small one or two man pod eject from the pirate ship, followed by three more. They are flying towards the docking bay, and seem to be keen on entering Haxan by force. "Not good," Goldie says over the earpiece. "Change of plans. We need to get out of here and avoid contact with them at all costs. They find us, we're toast. Rivers and I will abandon ship and find somewhere to hide, since the first thing they'll do is search our ship. I suggest you do the same. Get a move on and stay away from this section of the facility, and keep communication to a minimum. It's best if we don't talk for a while, at least until one of us finds the beacon. I don't know what we'll do from there. …Goldaline out."

 No.684761

>>684760
Veta listens to everything go on, and sighs.
"Welp, I suppose that is that then."
She starts to walk out of the room as her arms begins to make some noises.

>Distill Life

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.684762

>>684760
"Frag, they've got boarding pods."

running my claw through my mane, i take a look at the map again.

"Veta, see if you can download a copy of the map, might need it later. Our best bet is to check the lab for the beacon, sounds like they'd store tech like that for research."

moving to the door, i pull my shotgun out of the holster, checking the hall.

"When we're ready, we move fast to that elevator."

 No.684763

>>684760
"Hmmm…"

Hui starts heading toward Security to see what they can find to arm themselves before the other pirates arrive. "The beacon is probably going to be in the Lab, but they might have brought it into Security to hide it, too."

[1d10+1] Raising his own shadow again (Preferrably default if available, otherwise use the roll)

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.684764

>>684761
>>684762
>>684763
>>684758
Seeing three more adrenaline shots get created, Veta passes them out to Risky, Teal, and Hui.
"Another batch, fresh from the mixer."

>>684762
>>684760
Taking Risky's advice, Veta does download a copy of the map. Once that is done, Veta walks away from the elevator.
"I'll take the stairs. Faster we split up, the better, right? I'll check some other areas in case the beacon might've been moved or something."
She gives a wave, taking more to wandering the ship for now with the map out.

 No.684765

>>684764
"Fine, fine, just try and warn us if you find the pirates."

 No.684766

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.684767

>>684760
>>684762


Teal, after a meaningful pause, turns over to Risky and asks her, gesturing towards the unconscious pirates:

"Permission to off those here? Their knowledge of us decreases our chances of survival."

Her eyes seem somewhat dim when the lab is being mentioned:

"Seems like quite the obvious choice… wouldn't it be too obvious though? I'd rather agree with Undisol's idea, though I have no intentions of bringing about any qualms now. Let's check out that lab. "

Ever since Risky made the bold gesture of the speech to the pirates, she seems to have been casting some non-descript glances in her direction every now and then.

>>684764
>>684765


"Part of us, at least. I should be alright on my own, in case things happen. Veta's right on that we should hurry now. I, if you don't mind. You're welcome to tag along, of course. Veta, where do you plan on going to?"

>>684761

"Right… thanks." - Teal responds, stashing away a, hopefully Breezie-sized, combat first-aid cocktail - "Hope we won't see the need for those though."

In case a search check is needed:

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.684768

>>684767
"These fools? bah, we've beat them nearly dead anyway, it'll be hours before they wake up, longer if they're stuck in their medbay."

"Time is important here, killing them won't find the beacon."

 No.684769

>>684768

"Right… there is always the possibility that we might be stuck here for more than a few hours and our lives might depend on that. Finishing them takes half a minute. I'm sorry, but I'm not taking that risk."

That being said, Teal takes the time to execute the pirates, and only then continues on with the search.

 No.684770

>>684761
>>684764
You make three more adrenaline shots to distribute to your team, eventually wandering over to the medical bay. There isn't much to look at here, the pirates having gotten to it before your team did. Judging by the bin of used needles, they seems to have haid their fair share of fun with what was left.

In one of the rooms, you notice a large white oblong pod-shaped robot, with a transparent top and several skinny arm-like appendages folded along the sides of the interior. You've seen them before in expensive hospitals and the like. They're called Polybius Automedics, and they can be programmed to perform all sorts of complicated surgeries. It seems like the pirates tried to take it, but either it was too heavy for them to carry or they didn't know how to use it properly.

>>684762
All seems to be clear through the hall, apart from a few environmental hazards like exposed wires. A brief trip up the elevator, which is thankfully still functioning, places you in a very large and surprisingly intact laboratory, although it is still in a state of disrepair. Holographic displays in lieu of chalkboards are flickering all across the large rectangular room, and samples of certain minerals can be seen on benches. In one corner, there is a strange transparent pyramid-shaped device, inside which sparks a bright blue light at regular intervals. Along both walls are doors leading to Research Labs Beta and Gamma. If the beacon is in any of these, it'll take you quite a while to search thoroughly.

>>684763
>>684766
You raise your shadow again and head to Security. Unfortunately, it seems that the pirates have already stripped this place clean, with nothing to salvage save for a single vintage revolver left ngelcted and buried in the rubble. It only has three shots in it, so if you take it be sure to make them count.

>>684767
>>684769
You quickly and professionally finish off the pirates and dart over to maintenance. Much like the rest of the facility, this section of Haxan is a ramshackle affair. Dense tubing runs along the walls and ceiling, and benches and shelves are filled with tools, broken-down robots, and other such objects. To your alarm, you have to be extremely careful not to touch the floor, as it has become inundated with water. Coupled with the sparking wires at regular intervals, the maintenance area has become a death trap.

Unfortunately, despite your thorough searching, there is no sign of the beacon here. However, it is entirely possible that you missed it, considering that there are almost no functioning lights.

>pausing

 No.684929

Post sheets!

 No.684930

File: 1492910725851.webm (2.12 MB, 720x404, Top Gear.webm)


 No.684931


 No.684932

File: 1492911055312.jpg (110.97 KB, 1098x1182, 1466102681439.jpg)


 No.684933


 No.684934


 No.684935

Last time on BWB, the party managed to finish off their pirate attackers and made contact with their captain, who is on board the ship currently waiting to be able to dock at the station. In response, he sent even more pirates to fix the situation, prompting the party to have to split up to avoid being noticed. They have cut off communications with Goldie, due to the risk of being found.

>>684930
You have made your way to the facility's medical bay, only to find it mostly empty, having been stripped almost clean by the pirates. The most noteworthy object is the large AutoMedic robot in the corner, useful for performing complex surgeries. It seems unlikely you will be able to move it any time soon due to its size and weight, but if you are able to it would be a valuable asset. Reminder that you are also carrying three adrenaline shots to distribute to your team as you see fit.

>>684931
You have headed to the most likely place the Data Beacon would be, Research Lab Alpha on the upper floor. However, there is no sign of the beacon in this lab, although it is connected to labs Beta and Gamma. It seems it'll take some time to search all the labs thoroughly.

>>684932
>>684934
You are in the Security area, which has also been ransacked by the pirates. The only thing remaining is a single old, forgotten revolver half-hidden under some rubble, which only has three shots left in it. There is also a console with cameras showing every corner of the entire facility, but it is turned off for the moment.

>>684933
You are in the Maintenance area, which is impassable for anyone smaller than you due to the flooded floor with live broken wires electrifying it. It is very difficult to see anything, as most of the lights were broken in the asteroid's impact.

You all hear the faint sound of several footsteps in the distance. Presumably the pirates sent out from the main ship have already docked and are searching the facility.

 No.684936

>>684935
>>684934
"Ooh, this is a pretty neat relic," Hui says as he unloads the revolver and stows it in his bag. "Pyrite, keep an eye out while I fiddle with this."

He tries to figure out how to turn on the cameras.

 No.684937

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.684938

>>684935
Keeping an eye on the doors and my shotgun hovering nearby, i make my way towards LAB Beta.

"Its got to be somewhere around here…"
[1d10] Search

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.684939

>>684935
>>684936
"Shucks, that look awfully old. Guess they mighta left it if it ain't too useful." he bobs his head eagerly, before leaning against his shield a little and trying to look around
>Perception: [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.684940

>>684935

Seeing the condition of the maintenance area and hearing the impending footsteps of the pirates, Teal decides to leave the location she was currently. It seemed as though this place wasn't to be penetrated anytime soon by both her team and their rivals.

Hence, keeping up the stealth mode of movement, the Breezie made her way to the Labs. Not seeing Risky in the Lab Alpha, she deemed that the unicorn went on. So did Teal, continuing her search in one of the remaining Labs. She meant to find both the beacon and Risky.

>Coin flip to see which Lab would Teal enter first


[1d2]

1 - Lab Beta
2 - Lab Gamma

>Search roll


[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.684941

>>684935
Veta gives a hum at the lack of things in the room, but is nonetheless interested by the AutoMedic. She keeps the three shots handy as she grabs the bin of used needles, not worry about poking herself due to her robotic claws.
"Welp, might as well have some fun," she says and gives the wall a nice, hard bang to make a noise and attract the pirates. Then, as she makes her way to the morgue, she dumps the needles on the ground where the pirates will likely stomp through to investigate said noise.

>Moving to morgue, leaving used-needle caltrops as I move

 No.684942

>>684936
>>684937
You put the revolver away for later use.

It doesn't take you too long to figure out how to use the console. Ironically, they seem to have been pretty lax on security, as it logs you in as "Dave" without asking for a password or anything. Several of the cameras seem to be offline, but you can see the pirates filing in through the docking bay, twelve in total. Four of them split off from the main group to search the Company ship you arrived on, while the other eight have made their way into the admin area and are working to help their ship dock. After some time, six of them split up, leaving two in the admin area. Two of them head upstairs towards the research labs, two towards the medbay, and two are headed in your direction.

>>684939
There's not much to look at, apart from an outdated calendar askew on one of the walls, decorated with extremely tacky pictures of kittens. You do, however, hear footsteps coming in your direction, which is backed up by the cameras you can see on the console.

>>684938
>>684940
You both team up as you search Lab Beta. The lab seems to have been affected significantly by the meteor impact, with cracks running up the walls and ceiling and several glass instruments shattered on the ground. Unfortunately, from what you can see, the beacon is nowhere to be found in here. Fortunately, the only lab left to search is Gamma.

>>684941
You leave a few needles as traps for the pirates, as you can hear a few heading your way in response to the noise. They are fairly easy to spot, but should be effective if they're all as dim-witted as the ones you've encountered.

The morgue is a small, enclosed room with six or seven beds, all empty and covered with debris from the asteroid impact. There is a broken console at one end that would have presumably held a record of all the morgue's "clients", for lack of a better word.

After a minute or so, you hear indistinct yelling and carrying on coming from the medbay. It seems like your plan worked, to some extent.

Not long after, two grubby looking earth pony pirates (A and B) barge into the morgue. One of them is limping, and carrying what looks like a taser. "There's one," the other pirate growls. "Grab her!"

>>684936
>>684939
The pirates you saw on the console (C and D) soon catch up to you, both unicorns. Clearly rearing for a fight, they both pull out clubs and rush towards you.

>>684938
>>684940
You soon see two pirates (E and F), a griffon and a goat, walk up the stairs and into Lab Alpha. They don't seem to have spotted you in the adjacent lab yet.

Pirate A tries to restrain Veta, while B tries to fire the taser at her.
[1d10-1] Grapple
[1d10] Attack

C and D split up, attacking Hui and Pyrite respectively.
[1d10]
[1d10]

E and F keep searching the lab, unaware they are being watched.

Roll #1 2 - 1 = 1 / Roll #2 3 = 3 / Roll #3 2 = 2 / Roll #4 7 = 7

 No.684943

>>684942
Pyrite frowns a little, grabbing for his shield and sighing a little "Come on now, leave it be, why don't ya?" he asks, before trying to body-check the second pirate and trip him
>Grapple/Trip: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.684944

>>684942
seeing the two enter, i try and duck behind the desks, keeping my gun close
[1d10] Sneak

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.684945

>>684942
Hui's Shadow bonks Pirate C on the head, while Hui himself raises Pyrite's shadow.

[1d10] Shadow's roll
[1d10+1] Raise Dead

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.684946

>>684942
>>684944


Teal gives risky a meaningful look before they engage the pirates. Afterwards, she proceeds to approach them, keeping herself to the shadows. Insufficient light was both a blessing and a curse around here.

This time, she attempts to fiddle with one of the pirates' ammo packs.

>Sabotage from stealth

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.684947

>>684942
"I wouldn't have your friend move if I were you," Veta begins as they try to attack her, "those were used needles. The more he moves, the faster whatever was left on them will spread. Bacteria, viruses, parasites, maybe even an STD or two. And who knows what were in those needles? Maybe I might've laced them with something before leaving them."
She saunters over to one of the beds, tapping a metal claw against it.
"Why, he could maybe die in the next hour or so. Quicker if he keeps moving like this just to restrain a trained medical professional. That is," she looks to the two of them, notably the one not limping "unless you *want* your crewmate to die in, perhaps, the most slow and agonizing way imaginable."
She sits on the bed, one leg crossed over the other, and one of her claws taps against the metal, as if counting down the seconds.
"So, way I see it, you have weapons and a dying pony, and I have no weapons but the ability to fix him good as new. I'm sure we could come to some sort of…deal where we both benefit, yes?"

 No.684948

>>684943
He's too fast for you, managing to jab you with his horn before giving you a good thwack across the jaw with his club. It's going to leave a nasty bruise.
>Pyrite takes 6 hits

>>684944
You accidentally knock a beaker off the desk. It falls and crashes loudly, shattering into a million pieces. Peering up, you see the two turn quickly at the sound of the noise, one barking to the other to follow as they enter the lab you're in. After a quick room check, they find you, the goat (Pirate F) pulling out a taser and pointing it at you. Behind him, you see Teal zipping to safety after having presumably tampered with his weapon.

"Alright, you," the pirate grunts as his associate brandishes a baton menacingly. "Captain Redgrave wants to see you lot. Come out peacefully and nobody else will get hurt."

>>684945
You interrupt the incoming attack with a strong jab to the pirate's gut with your staff. He almost hacks up a lung as he doubles over. He quickly recovers and avoids your shadow's attack, bringing his club down on its head. It disperses quickly, but soon recovers, although it's looking shaky. You manage to quickly steal Pyrite's shadow, making it quietly float up and stiffly jerk to your side like a marionette. The pirate seems to be regretting his life decisions.
>Hui's Shadow takes 5 hits

>>684946
Seeing that Pirate F is carrying a taser, you deftly fiddle with it, rigging it to backfire. Your work done, you dart away and prepare to watch the imminent shenanigans.

>>684947
You manage to give them both the slip before explaining your proposition. They both look perplexed by your big words, but seem to get the gist of what you're saying. "…How's about you come with us," the non-afflicted pirate says after exchanging a glance with his companion. "Orders are to bring you on board. Captain's orders. You talk to him, he's good with big words. We're just doing what we're told. Sound good?"

 No.684949

>>684948
Veta sighs as she thinks to herself about how much air she just wasted talking to them. But at least they seemed to get the main idea.
"By all means," Veta says, getting up from the table and casually walking out. When she gets to where she dumped the needles, she crouches and sweeps them aside with her robo-paws.
"I've already got one sick pony," she says, looking at the limping one, "I'd hate to have to treat another."

"So, anything you can tell me about your captain? Can't say I've treated many pirates while being a doctor," she says, apparently looking to make idle talk as she reaches into one of her pockets and pulls out a lollipop, holding it in her mouth to make the stick look like a cigarette.
"Oh, sorry, want one? Seeing as how you're both good boys, I would think you deserve one."

 No.684950

>>684948
Both shadows take down Pirate D to get them off of Pyrite.

[1d10] Hui's
[1d10] Pyrite's

"If you're still sticking around here, you don't know where the beacon is, do you? How many of you are still around, huh?" he asks one of the pirates.

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.684951

>>684948
"And you tell him i follow no orders by another captain, so long as i draw breath" i reply defiantly, leveling my shotgun at the two.

"A true pirate yields to none but themselves! You'll have to kill me here before i follow you!"

 No.684952

>>684948
Pyrite yelps and stumbles past the pirate, shaking his head a little and trying to shrug off the club swing. He looks over at his shadow with a curious whinny, before shaking his head a bit more and trying to bash the other Pirate (C) with his shield
>Slam: Crits on 8+ [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.684953

>>684952
"Oh yeah, I can borrow people's shadows. Hope you don't really mind that. You don't think magic is weird, do you?"

 No.684954

>>684948
>>684951

Teal, seeing Risky take on a provocative stance, yet not engaging in combat yet, decides to make use of the attention they are giving the unicorn mare. Namely, taking a discreet route, she attempts to cut them off from the network, in preparation for what was to come.

>Stealthily disabling their communication devices

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.684955

>>684953
"I-It's fine, Mister Hui, jus'… looks a lil' odd, I guess. 'S like 's me, but it ain't. Ain't too used t' magic, sorry."

 No.684956

>>684948
[2d10] Pirates C & D, attacking Hui and Pyrite again

Roll #1 5, 6 = 11

 No.684957

>>684955
"Oh, it's not a problem. What's your exposure to it so far? Personal experience? Or just seen it in movies and TV?"

 No.684958

>>684957
"Little bits 'n pieces, I guess. Most 'a what I've seen is stuff like telekinesis, an' light, an' other kinda basic stuff. I didn't even know y' could animate shadows."

 No.684959

>>684958
"So, I'm curious: How do they portray us in the movies and stuff? As creepy recluses or old freaks living in glass towers, stuff like that?"

 No.684960

>>684959
"Hmm? Kinda depends, I guess. A little more mean that I figured they'd be, though. I figured I'd jus' wait an' see f'r myself… Ya seem alright t' me."

 No.684961

>>684949
As you walk out, they make sure to do their job as best they can, keeping the taser on your back and occasionally giving you a little shove. You get the feeling they're excited to be taking a "hostage".

"He's good to us, Cap is," one of them says. You're not sure which, they all sound pretty much the same. "Keep us well fed and well equipped. Looks after us well enough. Couldn't ask for more than that!" To your surprise, they actually accept your offer of lollipops.

They escort you back to the admin area, where you can see two more pirates working the console. The pirates you and your team took out before seem to have been finished off at some point, and have been moved off to the side unceremoniously.

One of the pirates who escorted you stays behind you, while the other exchanges a few words with the others. After a few minutes, the doors leading to the docking bay open, and about a dozen more of them pile in. At their head is a sharp-eyed, middle-aged Diamond Dog in a black fur-trimmed insulated jacket. You notice that he has a mechanical right foot, similar to Risky's, giving him a soft clink on every other step. Accompanying him wherever he goes is a large, shirtless, pitch black minotaur in some sort of gas mask. He has a prominent tattoo of a coiled snake on his chest.

The pirate captain doesn't acknowledge you at first, conversing with the other pirates and gesturing at the bodies first. You recognize his low, gravelly voice as the one you and your team spoke to over the commlink before. Aftera minute, he turns to you. "And who's this then?" he demands.

"Captured her!" the pirate holding you says proudly. "She's one of the ones what did in our boys." The captain's sharp eyes narrow, and he swiftly yanks the lollipop out of his and his companion's mouth. He then turns to look at you in the eyes, clearly waiting for you to explain yourself. His minotaur first mate looms over him, arms crossed.

>>684950
You manage to dodge Pirate C's swing. Neither of them seem much for conversation. As D manages to land a hit on Pyrite, both your shadows dogpile him, leaving him trapped under the ephemeral minions.

>>684951
The duo exchange a glance and get ready for a fight. "The hard way it is, then."

>>684952
The pirate manages to land a blow on you, but you power through it and bowl him over with a ram of your shield.

>>684954
Taking your trusty blade, you manage to cut some of the wires on their earpieces, leaving them unable to communicate with their ship.

One of the two facing Risky leaps at her, while the one with the taser tries to, well, tase her.
[2d10]

The pirate Pyrite knocked over tries to get back up, while the one still standing keeps attacking.
[2d10]

Roll #1 4, 6 = 10 / Roll #2 1, 5 = 6

 No.684962

>>684960
"I figured the outside world still wouldn't understand us."

>>684961
Both shadows kick the crap out of the one that's on the ground.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.684963

>>684961
Pyrite huffs a little bit, and goes to grapple the second one to the floor "Come on, now. Jus' givin' up'd make this easier on all'f us, mister."
>Grapple: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.684964

>>684961
"So, dropping the peace offer, eh?"

"I like it! We'll settle this like the outlaws we are, clashing blades and bullets!"

Riled up, i meet the charging griffon head-on with a hail of shotgun fire!
[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Ranged

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.684965

File: 1492925585097.jpg (10.23 KB, 550x387, Shrug.jpg)

>>684961
Veta gives a shrug, despite her current situation looking rather bleak right now.
"What can I say? I suck at hide-and-seek."

One of her arm compartment opens up and she takes out her bottle of pills.
"Lemma just take some of these. And for the record, I have a pain problem, not a pain management problem," she says before popping some pills and swallowing them.
"Now, as much as I'd love to take credit for doing your boys in, I myself did not. I'm mostly riding on some coattails for an easy payday, only made difficult if someone gets hurt. I'm not a breaker, more of a fixer."
She motions a claw towards the bodies.
"That said, I could've fixed them instead of, well, that."

She visibly looks at the lollis the captain took and holds her own up.
"Relax, if you and your intimidating friend here want one, I have more. Still in the wrapper and not in anyone's mouth. Unless that's your thing, then hey, you do you," she goes back to sucking on the lollipop.

"Oh, and you might want me to check on that one," she says, pointing to the pony with the limp from her needle trap, "guy stepped on some used needles. Haven't exactly been given the chance to check it out and make sure he isn't going to die…or suffer through life with herpes or whatever may have been in your boys that used them."

 No.684966

>>684961
>>684964

Seeing Risky live up to her name, Teal leaps into action as well. She decided to leave the taser as it is for a moment now, however. Having made sure that no one would come to their aid - at least if not called from immediate vicinity - she rises in the air behind their back, extending her energy whip. Having the enemiess focus elsewhere, she allows herself a wide, open swing at the rivals' necks.

>Cleave on 2

>Critfail on 1
>DC reduced by 2
>Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.684967

>>684962
The pirate manages to roll over and avoid getting hit by your shadows, but in the process hits his head hard on the table leg, leaving him knocked out for the time being.

>>684963
You block the incoming attack with your shield and tackle the pirate to the floor with a loud thud.

>>684964
Both pirates manage to drop to the floor and avoid getting filled with buckshot. The sound of your shotgun is almost deafening, shattering miscellaneous glass apparati in a single shot. The taser-wielding one manages to get you with one of the projectiles. Although it doesn't stick, you still get a nasty zap from it, making you seize up involuntarily. As you recover, you manage to give the incoming griffon a good bash with the butt of your shotgun, leaving him stunned for a moment.
>Risky takes 1 hit

>>684965
The captain doesn't respond for a moment. "You're with the Company, then. There's only one reason your kind would come to Haxan. You're looking for the data beacon." He seems annoyed at your offer, instead snatching away your bottle of pills. "You're not getting these back until you answer my questions. How many of you are there, and who are they? They can't have just sent you alone. I want names."

>>684966
You miss your swing completely, leaving you open for a moment. The griffon looks around, sees you and backhands you out of the air, leaving you seeing stars as you careen into the floor.
>Teal takes 5 hits, helpless

The pirate pinned by Pyrite pushes as hard as he can against his attacker, trying to get free.
[1d10]

The griffon pirate tries to stomp on Teal while she's down.
[1d10]

The goat pirate changes the settings on his taser and jams it into Risky, setting it to harm and not just incapacitate.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 5 = 5

 No.684969

>>684967
>>684963
"Hey guy, you're not really doing very well right now. You're not in much of a position to keep fighting either. So, I'll just keep asking questions. Who paid you to come after the beacon?"

 No.684970

>>684967
"Really, just calm down! I don't wanna have t' go too hard on ya." hesays, trying to solidify the grapple into a pin
>Grapple 2: Grapple Harder [1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.684971

>>684967

Teal shakes her head as she tries to rid herself of the affliction. She knew she had to act fast and that she did. She swung her whip, almost as if on instinct, upwards, as to ward off any who might wish to squash her like a bug. Taking advantage of that moment, she rolled to the side, freeing her wings from her weight and attempting to jump back into action.

>Recovery


[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.684972

>>684964
>>684967
Correction: Both pirates manage to drop to the floor and avoid getting filled with buckshot. The sound of your shotgun is almost deafening, shattering miscellaneous glass apparati in a single shot. The taser-wielding one manages to get you, paralyzing you with several dozen or so volts of electricity through your body. You slump to the ground, twitching involuntarily.
>Risky takes 5 hits, helpless

 No.684973

>>684972
Collapsed on the floor after the intense charge of taserfire, i try and force myself up with my talon, spreading it's claw for traction
[1d10] Recovery
"Grrr.."

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.684974

>>684967
Veta watches as he takes the pill bottle.
"Well, you could've just asked," she says in response. Though truth be told, she was only so calm about it right now because of the couple she took.
"Well you see, we seem to be at an impasse here. Considering you swiped my pills and those poor boy's lollipops, maybe I don't feel like telling you now," she crosses her own arms now, wagging a metallic claw around, "but seeing as how I know what you want to know, killing me wouldn't exactly be that wise of you. But if I do tell you, I don't exactly have a guarantee that I'll live afterwards."

"And, just to save you time, don't try that 'beat me within an inch of my life' line cause, you see these," she says, pointing to her claws, "some piece of crap surgeon did these, and now I'm in constant pain until the day I die. Now, unless you can make me physically more miserable than I already am, be my guest, but it won't exactly sweeten this deal for either of us."

 No.684975

>>684969
He grunts and squirms futilely to get free of Pyrite. "Alright alright alright!" he grunts, admitting defeat. "Get this big lug off of me and I'll talk!"

>>684970
You gently but firmly apply more pressure. The pirate lets out a high-pitched squeak as you pin him, now completely unable to fight back.

>>684971
You flutter up and to the side, narrowly avoiding getting crushed. With a surprising display of strength, you manage to yank on the griffon's leg, bringing him down next to you. The effort tires you out, however, and you fall down again.

>>684973
You manage to pull yourself back up, shrugging off the tase with relative ease.

>>684974
He blinks. "You don't seem to understand your predicament. I don't have to try any lines. …I'm sorry. I just hoped we could have done this peacefully." He glances behind him and moves to the side, averting his gaze. Without any hesitation, the hulking minotaur moves up and punches you with full force, hitting you so hard you black out for a moment. When you come to, you can barely open your eyes, and you can taste blood, as well as a tooth knocked loose. The pirate holding you lets go, and you fall to the ground.

Through your blurred vision, you see the pirate captain crouch over you, looking you in the face. Behind him is the masked minotaur, his fist bloodied. "You've got a big mouth, little merc," the captain says flatly. "It's going to get you into more trouble than this some day. Now, I'm going to ask again, and it's in your best interests to comply. How many of you are there, and who are they?"
>Veta takes 1 wound

The hapless pirate stops struggling against Pyrite, or if he is it's hard to tell. Either way, it looks like he's surrendering.

The griffon pirate tries to get back up, while the goat pirate tries to paralyze Risky again.

[2d10]

Roll #1 7, 7 = 14

 No.684976

>>684975
Pyrite smiles a little and eases himself off of the stallion, before sitting back on his haunches "There. Ain't this easier?" he asks, picking up his riot shield and leaning against it

 No.684977

>>684975
"It'll take more than that to keep me down, ark rat!"

Rushing the goat, i extend my claws, aiming for his throat!
[1d10] Grapple
"I'll wring the life out of you!"

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.684978

>>684975

The Breezie wheezes, catching huge gulps of air as she tries to stabilize herself. Bringing down the pirate was one thing, yet it looked as if he wasn't meant to stay there long. Neither did Teal.

>Recovery


[1d10]

Her attention was divided, however. As she tried to stabilize herself, she gazed intensely at both of the opponents. It seemed to her as though it was ample time to uncover the nasty surprise she had prepared for the one with the taser.

>Calling sabotage on the goat's roll


Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.684979

>>684975
She groans a bit once she has come to, looking back to the captain with a smirk.
"Obviously not that sorry. Don't suppose this is the part where you just have your way with me?, she says with a grinning laugh. She checks said loose tooth, and gives a sigh of relief.
"Well, can't say my dental provider is going to like this one…."

"Oh right, the others. Hmm…give me a sec. Your boy over there kinda punched their names out."
One of her claws turns into a syringe, which she jabs into her head and injects a medical mixture.
"Would be funny if this were cyanide, wouldn't it?"

>Rejuvenate, DC 4

[1d10+1]

"Well, pretty sure I remember…six? Yeah, six pains in my asses with me. A rowdy bunch. Wouldn't be surprised if they're fighting your boys as we speak. They're not exactly the 'talking' types like yours truly in front of you. As for names, well, may I ask why that matters? Afterall, what good is it to a butcher to know the names of the cows he's about to section up? And, might I say, one hell of a butcher you are right now just with Muscles alone back there."

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.684980

>>684976
He gives you a dirty look as he picks himself up, rubbing his shoulderblades. "Think I broke something," he mumbles. Taking a breather from the combat, you feel a little bit better.
>Pyrite regains one hit

>>684977
You try and chokeslam him, but he manages to avoid your attack and pistol whip you with his taser. Needless to say, it hurts like hell.
>Risky takes 4 hits

>>684978
You scramble back up and take flight, ready to keep on fighting. The goat pirate fires his taser at Risky, but it malfunctions and zaps him instead. He collapses and flops about like a fish for a moment, then blacks out. Seeing his companion fall, the griffon lets out a plethora of space-themed swears in alarm, backing off slightly as the fight changes into a 2v1.

>>684979
Your injection makes you feel a little better. Not much though. Your head still feels like it's about to explode. Part of you is dreading looking in the mirror, while another part is kind of looking forward to it.

"Six," the captain repeats, thinking for a moment. "…Well, if you're the sort of stuff they're made of, this shouldn't be too hard. You're not answering my question though. They might be nobodies to you, but the Company and I go way back. So I'm going to ask again, otherwise I'm going to have to punish you. Wh-"

He is cut off mid-sentence by the sounds of struggling and fighting coming from down a corridor. Before long, five more pirates arrive, escorting Dr Rivers and Goldie with them. It seems Goldie has put up a hell of a fight, as both she and the pirates look almost as bad as you do. Rivers, on the other hand, looks untouched.

At the sight of Goldie, the pirate captain's expression changes to one of slight surprise, and a faint smile crosses his lips. "Goldaline Carrith," he announces, as she stares daggers at him and spits at his feet. "Well now. This is getting very, very interesting."

>pausing

 No.685199

Post sheets!

 No.685200


 No.685201

File: 1493517378120.png (131.81 KB, 515x554, 1489237604998.png)


 No.685202

File: 1493517717310.webm (1.69 MB, 344x510, Water Doggo Meets Earth D….webm)


 No.685203


 No.685204


 No.685205

>>685200
>>685203
The griffon pirate drops his weapon as his companion is incapacitated, clearly surrendering as he begrudgingly puts his claws up. He has an odd smirk on his face as he does so, however. "Congratulations, you beat me," he says sardonically. "So what happens now? Are you taking me prisoner?"

>>685202
"Fancy seeing a Carrith out here on this godforsaken rock," the captain comments mockingly as the pirates throw Goldie and Rivers to the floor. "How are your sisters these days?"

Goldie spits at his feet, giving him a glare that suggests she's trying to murder him with her latent psychic powers. His response is a swift kick to the side of her head, leaving her groaning as he turns to Rivers. "And you are?"

"W-Wolfgang Rivers," he answers hurriedly. "Polybius tech."

"The employer," the captain says. "Should've known from the looks of you. Don't reckon you'll be much use to us."

"Now then," he says to you, beginning to pace around his captives, "that's three out of… seven, I believe you said? I want you to do me a favor. In your best interests, of course. We're going to turn on the PA system," he explains, nodding towards the I want you to tell your friends to surrender. They're outnumbered and outgunned, after all. No sense in them fighting and potentially doing in more of my men. They're going to get themselves hurt if they keep it up. I'd do it myself, but I think they'd be more willing to trust you. What do you say?" He offers you his hand to pull you up as the piurat at the console behind him enters some inputs and pulls up a microphone, looking over to his captain expectantly.

Your head is still spinning from the blow, and your whole face aches terribly. You wish you could take some pills right now.

>>685201
>>685204
Seeing as he is the last pirate standing, and he has already been suppressed enough as it is, the remaining pirate drops his weapon and surrenders. "You're not going to get away with this, you know," he grumbles. "There's too many of us for you to handle."

 No.685206

>>685205
>correction
"We're going to turn on the PA system," he explains, nodding towards the administration console.

 No.685207

>>685205
"Giving up?" i ask, genuinely disappointed.

"Bah! i've little use for cowards, but if it means we've got a bargaining chip i'll find it in me to care."

keeping my shotgun leveled towards the pirate, i start rifling through the now unconscious goat.

[1d10] Loot

"Toss your weapons on the floor and kick them to me. test me and my good will runs dry."

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.685208

>>685205
>shadows are at 8/3 (Hui) and 18/3 (Pyrite)

The shadows shake down the pirate to relieve him of any useful items.
[1d10] H
[1d10] P

"Okay, so: Who paid you to grab this beacon?" he asks the pirate.

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.685209

>>685207

Teal, keeping her eyes on the pirate, flies over To Risky and whispers:

"If we leave those two alive, killing of the previous ones will lose any value it had. I'm assuming you're doing that only as to make sure he isn't a threat, before we eliminate them… correct?"

 No.685210

>>685205
>>685208
"Well, that's just your opinion, mister. We'll be fine, I bet." Pyrite offers towards the pirate. He looks over towards Uni, before asking "So… what're we gonna do? Look'round a bit more an'meet up with th' rest 'a th' party?"

 No.685211

>>685210
"First we have to figure out who these guys are loyal to."

 No.685212

>>685209
"Hmm… you've got a point." I reply, keeping my voice down

"Not like the captain would have a change 'a heart if we left these ones alive…"

"once he kicks his gun over, cut him up, this one too. We've gone this far, not like we can unkill them."

 No.685213

>>685205
>>685206
Veta groans, trying to get the spinning feeling under control.
"Six you wobbling twit."
Little does she seem to realize at the moment is that she's the one wobbling.
"You have three of six, which kinda screws over this whole entire thing. Now…which one is your paw?"

She shakily raises her robotic paw up and brings it down, missing, and hitting herself in the chest. The sounds of glass breaking can be heard, and a liquid seeps out from Veta now.
"Oh…oooooh shit."
Veta stares at her paw.
"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! I thought I left that one back on the ship!"

>attempting to cause some panic via unknown chemical substance leakage

>sacrificing an adrenaline shot to make this seem more believable
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.685214

>>685212

"You've got it.." - Teal answers in a affirmative, matter-of-factly whisper, squinting her eyes though at the seemingly defenseless pirate.

She announces to the pirate:

"After you kick away the gun, freeze. Don't even move your eyes. We don't want you thinking of escape routes, prisoner. I'll be watching you."

The Breezie makes a circle around the pirate, attempting to get out of his sight of vision, making use of the command she's given him.

>Stealth roll, if necessary. If not, default it.

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.685215

>>685207
Apart from the taser, all you manage to find on him is a melted, half-eaten chocolate bar. Alas, it gets all over your claw. It'll take forever to get it all out.
>Standard issue taser: Ranged weapon with Lightning damage

The griffon rolls his eyes and kicks over the club he was using. "From pirate to privateer, hm?" he sneers. "How the mighty do fall, "Captain" Risky." You don't recall having mentioned your name at any point.

>>685208
He looks extremely uncomfortable to be getting manhandled by the shadows.

"Paid?" he parrots. "We're not getting paid. We're doing it for ourselves. And for Veer, of course. Dunno what you were told. Dunno nothing about no beacon. …You looking for one then?"

>>685210
He shakes his head stubbornly. "You don't know what you're up against," the pirate threatens. "Cap'n Redgrave, he's just the beginning. You keep going the way you are, you're not going to have a good time. I'd surrender while you still can."

>>685213
"…Right. Six," the captain clarifies.

"N-no no, you're right!" Rivers babbles. "There's seven of us. One of them's a Breezie, so they'll be harder to catch."

He nods. "Thank you, Wolfgang. At least someone's cooperating around here."

Your dramatic display is met with some confusion. The captain frowns slightly, seemingly tiring of your antics. He tilts his head slightly, and the minotaur grabs you by the scruff of your neck and shoves you into the console. "Speak," the captain commands. "Tell your friends to surrender, now. Or we're going to have to start getting rough."

>>685214
He does as you say, but doesn't seem to be taking you very seriously. You manage to get behind him where he can't see you, half-hidden under a small pile of rubble.

 No.685216

>>685215
"A lot of loyalty to this Veer guy. Well, what are you here for? Because we don't care about this ship outside of the Beacon, so you guys are free to take whatever you want, besides that. Therefore, your crew and ours can more efficiently comb this ship if we work together."

[1d10+2] convincing

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.685217

>>685215
"Oh? You know who i am?" i ask, perking up at the mention of my name.

"Fearsome stories told around the bar, no doubt! Stories of the wraith in red, carving her way through the galaxy, evading empire capture while scuttling many a naval vessel…?"

"And who're you calling Privateer? I still chart my own course, this 'mercenary' work is just a detour!" i reply, waving the gun in anger. "Once i take back a ship of my own, the empire will remember that my stories are more than fiction!"

 No.685218

>>685215
"Well, what's Cap'n Redgrave like? Is he a nasty ol' guy, 'r just really tough?" Hehums a little, before shaking his head "Nope. We're here for somethin', and I don't think we oughta jus' sit 'round and let ya do what ya please."

 No.685219

>>685215
Veta coughs slightly, even coughing onto the minotaur as he gets close to pick her up. Veta turns to the captain, breathing deeply.
"If that's what you want your last moments to be of…then alright," she says to him, looking like she knows of something terrible about to happen.
"We're all screwed by this point, anyway."

Veta turns to the microphone, and speaks.
"Hey everyone, it's Veta. So turns out my hiding spot, not the best for two reasons. For one, looks like we've been sold out," she turns and looks at Wolfgang, still speaking into the mic, "smart dog, really. Probably had a nicer payday planned with the pirates than us. Or, maybe he's a pirate himself this whole time and there was no beacon and managed to play us for a bunch of suckers. So, hats off to ya Wolfgang; you keep proving that there really aren't any good people left in the universe."

"As for the other reason…well, we're all going to die guys. You, me, these pirates. I had a sample of the SARS virus on me. Planned to use it for some off-time research if I got bored, maybe make a breakthrough. But, it's broken," she says, flicking the liquid behind her and not caring who it hits, "which means this beast is loose. And we're all infected. For anyone who don't know what it is: its a disease with no cure and, well, has a lot of ways of killing something. I suggest we just play nice with them, as might as well go out friendly and maybe having some last hours shots. But knowing you guys, you probably already beat up a lot of them, right? Eh, not that you can reply. Just…let's just still beating each other up so the virus has something left to kill, alright?"

"Anyway, while brief, it's been fun serving with you all."
She puts the mic down and leans back in her chair with a sigh. The sigh of a defeated doctor who can't do anything else. She speaks to the captain without looking at him.
"My pills, please. I once said I'd rather overdose than let some disease kill me."

>using medical knowledge to make it sound more believable

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.685220

>>685215
>>685217

Teal's ears flicker, as she listens to Risky's speech, while hidden from the opposing pirates' view. Having that advantage, she observes them for a moment, checking whether they aren't concealing anything more - as well as whether the paralyzing effect the taser had didn't wear off. Those points considered, she attempts to finish them off silently and swiftly, staring from the one standing.

 No.685221

>>685216
>forgot to mention last round, the shadows found 51 florins on the knocked out pirate
He shrugs. "Cap'n works for Veer, and I work for the cap'n. We found this place after it went to pot, figured there was plenty for the taking. We were right, to some extent. Whatever this beacon thing is, odds are we've got it. Pretty much stripped the station clean at this point."

>>685217
He snorts. "Don't flatter yourself. Nowadays the only stories told of you are how you got robbed of your own ship. Heard it happened twice. And now you've sold out to the Golden Company? And don't even have a ship to call your own. Which doesn't exactly make you a captain, does it? Makes you nobody, really." He chuckles dryly. "You've been out of the pirate game for too long, "Captain". Things have changed in the galaxy. You don't even want to know what I've heard happened to the Gallery…"

>>685218
"He's a good man. Takes care of us well. Doesn't like seeing us hurt, or killed." He looks around as if to check nobody's listening in. "Really it's the first mate you want to watch out for," he says conspiratorially. "He's a nasty brute, he is. Never says a word under that mask of his. Loyal as a hound to the cap'n though. Don't even want to know where they met up."

>>685219
Dr Rivers does a double take at being labeled a traitor, opening his mouth to protest. He is forced back to the floor by one of the pirates before he is able to explain himself.

Despite your best efforts, the pirates look doubtful at your story about the virus. The captain looks at you with narrowed eyes, then takes the bottle of pills and upends it in front of you. The small capsules go scattering in every direction, most of them getting stuck in small cracks.

"You want to know what I think?" he asks you. "I think you're a clever girl, but a terrible liar. And I think you've made a big mistake." Before you know it, the captain has signalled for the minotaur to hit you again.

It's not as bad this time, since you know what to expect by now, but it still hurts like you wouldn't believe, and sends you unconscious for a moment again. You're only half lucid by the time you recover from his blow, and can't even bring yourself to your feet. You're shaking all over and can barely see, but it's very clear that both Rivers and Goldie have a pirate standing behind them, knives at their throats. "Now we play the waiting game," you hear the captain say from somewhere in the room. "Any more non-compliance out of you, and both of your friends are dead. Are we on the same page now, doc?"

>Veta takes 2 wounds


>>685220
As far as you can tell, they aren't carrying anything more on them. You stand poised to kill the pirate Risky is talking to.
>Confirm the kill? Y/N

>>685216
>>685217
>>685218
>>685220
Suddenly, you all hear a faint crackling sound, followed by a filtered version of Veta's voice repeating the message in >>685219.

 No.685222

>>685221
"Well, in that case, we'll trade for it. It's of moderate interest to the person we're working for, so you'll get a good deal on it. Where can we meet your boss?"

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.685223

>>685221
"T-the Gallery? You've heard about it?!"

gripping the Griffon by the neck with my claw, i batter him into a table, gun pointed under his beak.
"What of my ship? What did those Traitorous currs do to my Gallery!"

interrupted by the intercom, i drop the griffon and sigh, scratching my head with the blunt edges of my talon.

"Veta… What did that dog do now?"

eyeing the bird, i refocus my shotgun and glare at him.

"Alright then, bird. Tell me how to reach your 'captain' from here, if he's got one of me crew then i'll have to step in and deal with him."

 No.685224

>>685221
Veta just laughs in between groans while on the ground, not going for the pills that the captain had so graciously spilled out for her.
"Yeah, well, that's why I became a doctor and not an actor," she says as she gets on her back with a sigh. She can't help but pick her head up and try and look at him oddly, most likely looking at the wrong person.
"Friends? Not sure if you noticed, but I'm pretty sure I'm better friends with that guy's fist than anyone else on here right now."
She manages to grab one of the pills, injecting a small dose of something into it.
"I'm just a doctor. I get patients well, then send them on their way; goodbye, end of story, don't come back. I don't care if they live another 60 years or 60 hours cause they couldn't stay away from the fastfood when I told them not to."
She doesn't swallow the pill. She outright chews and eats it. The bitterness was perhaps better than the stinging in her face.
"Point is: I don't make friends. And I try to avoid anyone becoming my friend, since it just clouds your judgement. I'm sure you know how it is, I mean, hell, look at you right now; two with knives at the throat, and one who is finally distracted from the pain in her arms."
She tries to grin at him.
"I knew I was fucked the moment this started to go down. So some wisecracks, a bit of space exploring; the pain in my face being a bit welcomed right now. You really know how to show a bitch a good time."

>Rejuvenate, DC 4

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.685225

>>685221
"Well, at least he takes care 'a ya, then. What makes th' first mate so bad?" He blinks once or twice, and falls silent. He's not the best talker, so he decides to let Undisol do the talking.

 No.685226

>>685222
"In the administration area. H-"

The pirate's ears prick up as Veta's message comes through. "Heh. Sounds like he's got some of you lot already. If I were you I'd play it smart and follow me there. Now. Before one of us does something dumb."

>>685223
The griffon grunts at the impact, soon changing into hacking and laughing at the same time. "In passing, yeah. Heard it's part of a fleet now. There's a new boss in town, you see. They're calling him a pirate lord," he half-whispers. "Whoever's in charge of your ship now, they're most likely on his payroll. We all are, and so is half the bloody galaxy. So you watch yourself," he says with a wide, mocking grin. "Because whatever happens in the next few hours, Venator Veer will know." He starts laughing again.

"Captain Redgrave is in the admin area. Go there. Talk to him. And you'd best protect your neck, Risky Hooves."

With a lopsided grin on his face, Teal finishes off the pirate from behind, and he slumps to the floor in front of you in a puddle of blood.

>>685224
Your impromptu concoction makes you feel a little better. Not much, but better. You're not sure it even did anything, really.

Grinning at him only makes your face hurt even more. "Oh, spare me your misery," the captain scoffs. "You won't get any sympathy from me.

>>685225
The pirate shrugs again. "He's just… creepy. Nobody really knows what his deal is."

>>685222
>>685223
>>685225
>assuming you're all heading out

You all adjourn from your respective areas and make your way to the administration area where you were before. You are greeted by a less than welcome sight, in the form of at least a dozen pirates crowding around the console. In the center is the captain, a shrewd-looking Diamond Dog with a long black coat and a metal foot. Behind him stands the biggest minotaur you've ever seen, a pitch black monster that even dwarfs Pyrite. He is wearing a strange sort of gas mask, sporting a coiled snake tattoo on his chest. He is presumably the first mate, standing loyally with his arms crossed across his barrel-sized chest. On the floor in front of both of them, presumably being held prisoner, are Dr Rivers, Goldie and Veta. Dr Rivers doesn't seem to have a scratch on him, Goldie seems to have been roughed up in a fight, but Veta's face looks more like a piece of raw meat at this point. It turns your stomach just to look at her. Both Rivers and Goldie are being held at knifepoint, but Veta doesn't look like she's going to be escaping any time soon.

The captain counts you all as you enter, then clasps his hands in satisfaction. His eyes linger on Risky in recognition, but makes no other acknowledgement of her identity. "Glad you could all make it this evening," he says dryly. "We have a lot to discuss. Namely, your reason for being here. You're after the data beacon those scientists left behind, aren't you?"

 No.685227

>>685221

>Confirm execution on both


Teal listens to the recording, looking thoughtful.

"So that's the case… clever dog, that Veta… still, they're going to want us… so that's what we'll give them."

The Breezie looks over the bodies, seeming to be considering something before re-engaging her blade and carefully cutting into the dead bodies of the fallen, following the path of wonds already dealt.

"Gotta say, it's a good thing we have members of two species at disposal. The result will look less suspicious, with the ateration being divided between the two… "

Teal begins to strip out of her suit. Then, she proceeds to tear out chunks of flesh out of the innards, looking over them and occasionally submerging herself in the still hot guts of the dead.

"Reckon their fellows won't notice them, having lost a little weight lately… oh, there's the liver! Gonna need a piece of that too!

>>685223

"Now, miss Risky, would you mind slashing open the diamond dog's hand open with your claws? Thank you in advance. Gonna have to splinter the bone quite a bit, but won't need too match… and it's gonna be way easier to work with than those talons and hollowed gryphon bones."

After getting those, as well as similar ingredients borrowed from the bodies of the fallen - making sure to tread lightly, as to not have ponies assume those were more than combat injuries - Teal takes out her tinkering kit. Not before getting the bloodied hair out of her eyes though.

With those tools and materials at hoof, she proceeds to fabricate a Breezie double, a mangled up version of one that has been purposefully stomped on by a heavy creature - namely Diamond Dog - during combat. Headless. She makes sure to stain the floor and the Diamond Dog's lower paw accordingly.

"See, miss Veta…" - Teal says while stuffing the ready product in her stealth suit - one of the reasons I usually don't take off this suit is that ponies don't get to know my coat and mane colours too easily. Another, that it becomes a familiar sight of its own."

She looks over the piece, making sure to leave a bloody brain-like pulp, as to appear as remenants of what once was there, hanging from her neck.

"I'll admit. Listening to your companions scream while tortured, while worrying they might give away data about you is a sad thing. Now, if they'll want a Breezie, they'll have one. Bet they'll be happy to see some casualties inflicted on the other team as well. If they ask about the lack of weapon - Veta's already shown herself as harmless. We can make it sound like less of a forceful team. Plus, I'm the mechanic. Reckon I can afford to leave some of my spare tools here… the rest of them are on the board. Goldaline has seen me interested in her machines back on the station, while Hui has seen me tampering with the console. Enough to make it stick, I reckon."

She looks over the whole, cocking her head from left to right, judging it with a demanding eye.

"Their goons didn't seem to forceful. Saying they ripped out my wings and then pulverized me will sound off. Swatting me off air per instinct would be enough to tear apart my delicate wings, if performed via a claved paw or a gryphon's talon set. Afterwards, stepping on me too hard in the heart of battle seems like a valid option."

That being said, as well as having made sure that everything sticks, Teal adds: I'm going to leave the double here. They will get suspicious when you come to them and claim I'm dead. They'll want to check things. Let them. They'll have their proof. "

Part 1/2

 No.685228

>>685227


She takes a deep breath.

"Anything you'd like to ask, add or suggest before we part? Reckon the next time we'll be meeting might be in their, be it temporary, jail, be it on the same or opposite side of the crates."

>Defaulting the creation (Tinker as main/supporting skill?), given how it seems the pirates are willing to wait. Plus, it's not a perfect, nice-looking Breezie model. Mostly a mess of one's, with enough matching bone structure (aligned via suit design) and semi-properly placed organ pieces to tell it was more than a heap of muscle in the first place.


Part 2/2

 No.685229

>>685228

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.685230

>>685227
>>685228
>>685229
You manage to make a somewhat passable (if somewhat gruesome) recreation of yourself. It'll take you forever to get rid of the smell though.

 No.685231

>>685226
"Uh yeah, we are."

 No.685232

>>685226
"Oh quit being an idiot," Veta says with an eyeroll, "if I wanted your sympathy, I would've just injected you with botox and make you a giant meat puppet with me providing the words. I'm just letting you know that trying to hold them hostage like that doesn't mean jack shit to me. Besides, you seem more like a man's man to me, if you're catching my drift."

>>685226
Veta just waves to the rest of the group as they enter. Despite looking like she went a few bad rounds with a Russian boxer, her spirit still seems intact.
"Took you long enough. I thought I was finally going to have my swimming popl of painkillers, but nah, they just punched me instead."
Veta gives a sigh and turns her head, looking to the one Earth pony that stepped on those used needles and hasn't been treated yet, slightly wondering if he's showing any symptoms.

 No.685233

>>685232
>supposed to be 5/4 due to Rejuvenate

 No.685234

>>685228

"So i'm to pretend that's you, then?"

"Not a bad plan, make them think you're dead, then we make an escape with you getting their keys!"

"I'll play along, just make sure to stay hidden till thing settle down."

>>685232
"Got yourself in quite a bind, Veta. Looks like you'll need more than painkillers this time!"

>>685226
"Aye, that we are. Your boys could use more practice, thought a taser would be enough to bring me down."

Seeing the mess that is Veta, i return a glare at the captain.

"Tch. Send fools to fight me, then capture and torture my crew? You must not have noticed who you were fighting."

 No.685235

>>685234

>To be told before they go meet the captain:


"That I will. Just make sure not to die too fast."

 No.685236

>>685234

Teal sneaks a considerable distance away from the rest of the team. She differs between being in earshot and eyeshot, preferring to use her ears though. When she allows herself the occasional glances, Teal looks for ways in which the pirates might be wishing to board back. Were the drop pods to be recycled and brought back onto the ship??

 No.685237

>>685226
>>685232
Pyrite hurries in, before blinking once or twice and letting out a surprised yelp as he takes a look at the minotaur "Y-Yikes! Guess that's th' first mate, then?" he asks, looking around the room a little more. He gasps a little as he notices Veta, before hurrying over "S-Shucks, you alright? I-I woulda come sooner if I could!" he almost-shouts, giving her a look-over. He flattens his ears back a little, before saying "Uhm, yeah. We werehere t'get th' beacon… not too much else here any 'a us wanted, honestly."

 No.685238

File: 1493532115833.jpg (58.45 KB, 700x718, Trying.jpg)

>>685234
She just shrugs.
"I was never exactly voted best looking in med school."

>>685237
"Heh, well, I was at least keeping them occupied. Told some jokes, took some pills, found out the big guy over there reeeaaally likes to pick rock when it comes to rock-paper-scissors. I hope things were quieter on your end," she says, smirking.

 No.685239

>>685238
"W-Wait, he did this while playin' rock paper scissors? I-I don't think he's playin' it right." the stallion frowns a little, before sticking next to Veta "J-Jus' be careful, please. We need ya!"

 No.685240

>>685231
He blinks, looking surprised at how up front you are about it.

>>685232
He lifts an eyebrow at your half-coherent aspersions, but makes no reply, nor does he command his minotaur buddy to hit you again.

The pirate seems to be sweating slightly, and maybe even looks a little paler, but otherwise isn't showing any obvious symptoms. You're getting a familiar aching feeling in your limbs again. The pain killers from before are starting to wear off.

>>685234
"A washed up old spacer that couldn't even keep her own ship?" he retorts smugly. A small chuckle comes over the crowd of pirates. "You'd do well to watch your tone, old timer. You may have been feared once, but you're a has-been now. Nobody here has respect for Company lap dogs."

>>685236
While they're all distracted talking to the captain, you zip past the crowd and into the docking bay. You can see that their ship has been docked alongside the station. The ship you took to get here has been ransacked, and a single donkey pirate is whistling merrily as he hauls crates full of materials from your ship to their own.

>>685237
The minotaur makes no effort to acknowledge your presence. You can't even see his eyes under his mask. He gives you the willies.

>>685231
>>685232
>>685234
>>685237
He clasps his hands together and starts to pace, his metal foot making a soft clinking sound with every step. "So, the beacon. Turns out it's your lucky day. We have it on board our ship. If you want it, you're going to have to offer something in return. …You could have just asked politely, you know. Could have avoided this whole mess."

He does another head count. "Four, five s-… Hm. I thought there was meant to be a Breezie with you?"

"There was!" Rivers speaks up, not looking any of you in the eye. "They must still be out there somewhere."

The captain looks aside and mumbles some orders to three of his henchmen, who quickly nod and go in different directions: one towards the docking bay, one towards the science labs and one towards the maintenance area. "Thanks. See," he adds, addressing the five of you, "things are so much easier when you just cooperate. You could learn a lot from your employer here."

 No.685241

>>685240
turning away, i float over the dummy body towards the captain.

"Here's your breezie, Dog. your crew couldn't stop me, but… well.. she's not the sturdiest out there. one swipe from that griffon tore through her." i finish, putting up a show of sorrowful acting.
"Got that bird back though, crew! No one takes one of mine without paying dearly!"
[1d10] Improvise

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.685242

>>685238
"We beat up some guys and one told us to come here."

>>685240
"Well, if you'll let us, we can put you in contact with the employer and he'll cough up everything that it's worth to him. You'll get a good price for it, like I said earlier."

 No.685243

>>685240
"Uhh… I mean, I got some bits." he says, blinking once or twice. He frowns a little bit, before letting his head droop a little "I-I don't got too much in th' way 'a stuff."
He doesn't say anything to the Minotaur, but he does canter away a few steps, just to be safe.

 No.685244

>>685240

While the pirate captain and his vanguard are occupied with the team, Teal flies over to the back of the enemy ship and being looking for the fuel transfer locks.

>Engineering on just one particular thing, doubt it would make sense to roll on the whole ship at once


[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.685245

>>685243
"Something tells me he's after more than bits, Pyrite."

"Sounds like he wants us for a job, and much as i want to avoid it, he's the one with twenty armed guards."

 No.685246

>>685239
Veta gives a very annoyed sigh, perhaps slightly wishing one of those punches knocked her out right about now.
"uh-huh, sure you do."

>>685240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFjE5A4UAJI

"Oh, but going along with everything just isn't fun. It's always more fun when things are complicated. Makes the brain tingle with excitement when you try and get all the knots out. For example, there's a few knots we could all use some undoing for everyone's betterment."

"You want something in return?"
She points to the one Earth stallion she's been keeping an eye on.
"You've got a doctor onboard, as well as a pony who isn't looking so hot."
She gives the captain a serious look finally…or at least, best she can with her pummeled face.
"I told you when I strolled in he stepped on some used needles and should be looked at, but I guess brutalizing my zero out of ten face was more important than the well being of one of your crewmates. Perhaps your entire crew if he's contagious. Even the big guy next to you."
She gives her robotic claws a flex, as if stretching herself out a bit.
"I saw the automedic in the medical room, and how there was an attempt to move it. They're pretty expensive things, but much more valuable working and your men using it, right? Well, I'm sure the breezie could've fixed it if your men hadn't killed her. So unless you've got some great medical care on your ship," her claws turn to syringes and looks ready to be a doctor, "you're stuck with me from turning your ship into a pandemic bomb."

"Now, I think it's customary for you to show your hand, unless I just turned all your cards over just now."

 No.685247

>>685242
"Keep up with the negotiating, Hui. Just lookin' at him makes my blood boil.."

"Washed up… who does he think he is? I was one of the first, and now some upstart 'pirate lord' stole my ship, with this dog under his hoof?"

 No.685248

>>685241
He visibly recoils at the sight of the organ dummy, screwing up his nose. He simply nods at your explanation of her "demise", but you're not sure if he's buying it or not.

When you tell him the griffon is dead, he purses his lips. "Well now, that is going to be a problem."

>>685242
"Well, I suppose we could just take the money and run, but I'm just pondering what we'd do with all of you lot. Hm…"

>>685243
"I was thinking something a little bit less… material. I'm pretty sure this beacon is worth more than all of you put together."

>>685244
The interior of the pirates' ship is as ramshackle on the inside as it is on the outside. It's dingy, dank, and poorly lit, with several pirates milling about doing their business. Faint yet obnoxious rap music can be heard from somewhere above you.

As you fly through the ship making your way into its bowels, you manage to stick to the shadows and avoid all notice. You eventually get to the ship's engine area, coming across what you recognize to be the fuel cells for the entire vessel. They are steel cylindrical containers with glass panels showcasing its glowing purple interiors. They are massive, twice the height of a pony, and covered in warning signs marking them as volatile.

You note that there is one pirate working on another part of the ship, oblivious to your presence for now.

>>685246
He looks taken aback for a moment, glancing at the afflicted crewman as the rest of the crew give him a wide berth. He looks back at you as you continue. "You have a valid point, doctor. I guess it would be in everyone's best interests to let you do your thing. Tell you what. How about, we take you all on board our ship, let you cure him as best we can, and then we talk about this beacon situation. Sound fair?" You note that he hasn't really proved that he has the beacon at all. He could be bluffing, but it's unlikely.

>>685241
>>685242
>>685243
>>685246
One of the pirates returns from the docking bay, carrying what seems to be a crowbar with barbed wire attached. The captain nods and takes it. At the sight of the weapon, Goldie seems to grow furious. He gives her a knowing glance. You have a bad feeling about what he's planning.

"Before anything else," he says, holding up an index finger, "there's something I have to attend to. See, you've all been attacking my boys. Given them afflictions, even killed a fair share. Tell me, how would you punish a captive that you knew had killed not just one, but several of your trusted team members? What sort of punishment would you mete?"

 No.685249

>>685248
"Why, giving us the beacon, of course!" i sarcastically answer, flashing him a grin of sharpened teeth.

"After all, We've done you a service, clearing your hold of weak links 'captain'" i reply, putting plenty of emphasis on his status.

"Consider me a good test of your crew's skill: They died, so they failed. Better luck next time."

 No.685250

File: 1493536115072.png (332.94 KB, 600x578, 130221984383.png)

>>685248
"They attacked me, I knocked them out in my own defense, but didn't kill any of them. Literally the only person who's going around killing anyone is the Breezie. I have no idea WHY she is doing that because it was stupidly unnecessary, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it. So just go hunt her down and air your grievances with her, because seriously, all I want is this stupid fucking beacon, I do not give a goddamn fuck about anything else on this ship, you can have literally all of it, who gives a goddamn fucking shit about any of it, the beacon is the only thing I am here for, I do not even care about hurting anyone, and even if they try to kill me I'm just going to kick them around until they are subdued, such as what I did earlier, were it not for that one Breezie, so take it up with her."

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.685251

>>685248
"Normally I would, but here's the thing: I've shown myself to be a doctor of merit. I've been patching myself up this whole time, making me able to endure all those punches. You've seen it, so you know I'm a dog of my word when it comes to my abilities. However," she wags a finger at him, "while you claim to have the beacon, you've never backed up your claim. So unless you can physically show it to me, we have nothing more to discuss. And I mean physically. No holograms, no pictures, no sob stories to get sympathy from me."
She clinks the synge tips together. She walks around the room a bit, walking off some of the pain, but also a stride of confidence.
"In short: show me the money."

>>685248
"As for the afflictions, well, you're in a unique situation of the one who gave the affliction being able to cure it. And it's not like I made an attempt to hide those needles. They were on the ground in a decently lit area. Your boys were just in too much of a rush to taze and maybe have their way with a defenseless bitch to notice them."
She waves to the afflicted stallion.
"Weren't you? Talking to me all nice, happily taking my cherry flavored lollipop."
She turns back to the captain.
"But in any case, the afflictions can be cured, and if that tiny corpse is any indicator, it seems we already did the whole 'a life for a life' exchange, so there is nothing to discuss here. But if you're going to do anything, why not take it out on their boss instead of us? I mean, unless you two really are buddy-buddy as I have my suspicions about, surely you have no problem taking out the *ahem* 'Captain' that hired the crew that killed said crewmates?"

She continues to walk confidently around, poking at Goldie with one of those syringes.
"I mean, it seems you already punished her, but I don't really know what she did."
She drives the syringe in deeper, likely breaking the skin.
"Oh yes, flesh is tender. VERY tender, perhaps inflamed. She must've done something very naughty."
She pulls her finger syringe out, popping it off and it being replaced with a new one.
"So how about you tell what she did, because I'm seeing a punished member of our side, but no story to support said punishment. Seems like we're the ones owed some compensation."

>To Goldie's surprise, the spot where Veta 'stabbed' her begins to tingle and soon some relief.

>Rejuvenate, DC 4
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.685252

>>685248

Udercover, keeping an eye on the pony, being potentially as volatile to her safety as the fuel tanks were to the ship, the Breezie approaches the containers, seeking to stealthily plant the seeds of potential roancide.

>Sabotage

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.685253

>>685248
Pyrite frowns a little, before flustering about and nodding "R-Right. My bad, mister."
He blinks once or twice, before looking over the crowbar before wincing "Y-Yikes! W-What's thatfor? A-And… we killed some'f 'em? I-I… I thought we knocked 'em all out. I-I suppose, in that case… I-I'd arrest 'em?"

 No.685254

>>685249
"Very funny," he replies coldly.

>>685250
He seems rather blown away by your sudden rant. "…Well, that came out of nowhere," he says after an awkward silence, cradling the crowbar. "I guess you're not really to blame for what the others have done. Can't really take it up with her now, anyway. If that really is her, that is."

>>685251
The pirates spring to action as you get up and move around, but a barked order from the captain puts them at rest as you keep talking. "She tried fighting before," one of them mumbles as you treat Goldie. "Had to do it." She gives you a slight but grateful nod as you heal her up.

"Very clever," the captain muses. "You can rest easy though. I do have the beacon. It's on board my ship. And we'll negotiate there. But there's something I have to do first."

>>685252
It's a bit tricky, but you manage to plant some remote detonators on the fuel cells. One push of your conveniently labeled red button, and the whole ship would go up, and possibly the station with it.

>>685253
He looks at your shield. "Yes. Yes, I suppose you would, wouldn't you. And yes, some of my men are dead. In case the bodies over there didn't clue you in." He gestures towards the corner, where you can see the pirates you fought earlier covered by a canvas sheet.

>>685249
>>685250
>>685251
"Now, I very much doubt that there is your Breezie friend," he says more loudly, pointing with the crowbar at the pile of flesh. "Got nothing recognizable to it. I don't know what it really is and I don't want to know. But if someone on your team has been killing my boys, then someone has to pay for it. Your doctor friend gave me lip, so we saw to her, as you can tell. Didn't really seem to get the message across though." He smirks.

"Now, normally it'd be the Breezie saying hello to Beatrice here, but in their absence, I think one of you should step up. Can't imagine I'll have any volunteers, so we'll do this the old fashioned way. You remember Beatrice, don't you?" he says as an aside to Goldie with a slight smirk, to which she responds with a forceful "Fuck. You."

The captain moves from one of you to the other, his metal foot clinking against the ground, until he makes his decision.

"Goddamn, you look soft. And spineless," he says to Rivers. "Selling your employees out like that? That just won't do."

"And you?" he says to Goldie. "Never thought I'd run into you again, not after last time. Say hi to your sister for me."

>>685249
"You like to think of yourself as the captain," he says snidely. "Big pony on campus. That was a long time ago, Risky. Can't even control this rabble. You're nothing without your ship, and your ship isn't here. You'd do best to remember that."

>>685250
"Now I know what you said, friend, but this is just the way it's going to have to be. Shame too. You've been one of the most complacent out of your whole group. I realize this whole thing is a big inconvenience for you, but if you didn't want inconveniences, then you might've picked the wrong line of work."

>>685251
He shakes his head. "You and your big goddamn mouth. I can respect that, really. Even after all that drubbing, you just keep on trucking. You would have been a pretty good addition to my crew, in another life."

>>685253
"And what's your deal? A lawman?" He gestures at the riot shield. "Probably a mole for some agency or another. But probably not. Don't know how you got dragged into this mess, but you don't seem bright enough to be a spy.

 No.685255

>>685249
>>685250
>>685251
>>685253
"Here!" he barks suddenly, raising the crowbar. "This should be a good reminder! Courtesy of Captain Ibrahim Redgrave!"

With that, he grabs the crowbar with both hands and brings it down on Risky's head.

>pausing

 No.685841

Post sheets.

 No.685842

File: 1494725098197.webm (988.51 KB, 630x432, Watcha Doing There Rabbi.webm)


 No.685843


 No.685844

File: 1494725166905.gif (123.61 KB, 1280x720, 1494560738566.gif)


 No.685845


 No.685846

File: 1494725815437.png (45.57 KB, 237x169, shocked drake.png)


 No.685847


 No.685848

>>685842
>>685843
>>685846
Redgrave swings the crowbar at Risky forcefully, knocking her to the ground and drawing heavy blood. He smirks as he stands over her before turning around to face the rest of you. "Now then, I hope I've made myself clear. From now on, I want you all to follow my instructions. Any disobedience, and you'll follow your captain's example. And your medic's for that matter. Are we all clear on that?"

>>685847
The blow hits you on the side of the head, knocking you to the floor. Your head is pounding like never before, and you can taste blood. Through your right eye, you can see Redgrave standing triumphantly over you, but you can't see anything at all through your left. You feel faint, slipping in and out of consciousness for a while.
>Risky takes 3 wounds
>-2 to visual-based Perception rolls until proper medical attention is received

>>685845
You put the finishing touches on the explosive rig you have on the fuel cells. To your knowledge, the chemical makeup the pirates are using to power their ship's engine is extremely potent, allowing them to travel much faster and further than other ships of this size. It also makes them extremely dangerous and unstable; your trap would cause an explosion large enough to destroy almost the entire cruiser-sized vessel you stand on.

From nearby, you hear the footsteps of a pirate on patrol.

 No.685849

>>685848

Having accomplished her task here, Teal slips away from the area. Although not expecting to get a feel for the whole mangled-up ship bundle, she is looking forward to making use of whatever part of it she may yet find. For certain, she was leaving the command center for last. Now, she'd prefer either the cargo hold or the living quarters, though, as said, she was open to possible options.

 No.685850

>>685848
Veta just rolls her eyes.
"Oh great, now I have to treat TWO patients. And if you're quite done with your power fantasy or whatever the hell you're trying to pull off here, how about letting me treat that crewmate of yours that is slowly becoming a pandemic bomb and my little fib of all of us being sick earlier comes true. I don't even know what he contracted and you're just squandering time with your little muscle show?"
She throws her arms up and shakes her paws, adding emphasis to just how annoyed she was that risk of bludgeon by crowbar didn't seem to phase her.
"Good grief, you're a fucking genius!"

She goes over to Risky to jab her with a syringe to get her stabilized and back on her hooves.
"So if you're gonna take a swing of that crowbar, how about AFTER I treat the sick guy so I don't puncture his aorta, or something else equally as valuable, in the process. Unless you don't care about the guy, which it kinda looking that way with this whole performance you just put on."

>Rejuvenate on Risky, DC 4

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.685851

>>685848
with my gun clattering off into a corner and my body across the deck, i weakly scrape at the floor with my claw, gritting my teeth as blood pools around me.

"This.. isn't over, dog. Y'won this time.. but once i get a ship afloat.. I'm coming t'plant a shell.. right between those blasted eyes."

 No.685852

>>685849

>roll to see what direction would Teal go in, supposedly perception


[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.685853

>>685848
Pyrite lets out a shocked whinny, hopping from hoof to hoof a little "Y-Ya don't gotta go do that! W-What'd she ever do to you!" he shouts out, before going to help her up
He lets out a soft sigh, before nodding "W-Well, if it'll keep some folk from gettin' hurt, sure."

 No.685854

>>685848
Hui waits, watching the blood pour out of Risky's head.

 No.685855

>>685853
"You're too soft.. rookie. Not my first brawl.. Takes more than that to kill me." i mutter, hacking up blood.

 No.685856

>>685855
Pyrite stamps a hoof and snorts "A-And that makes it okay? I don't care if it takes more 'n that, I'd rather've stopped ya from gettin' hurt at all!"

 No.685857

>>685849
>>685852
As you leave, you fly right over the pirate's head, a stocky little earth pony wearing thick goggles and a toolbelt.

You pass unseen through rickety, cobbled-together corridors, zipping through rooms both occupied and unoccupied without anyone noticing, until you reach what you assume is the door to the cargo hold. Unfortunately for you, it seems to be locked, requiring a number combination entered on a keypad. Fortunately for you, the gap under the door seems just big enough for you to be able to squeeze in, but not without significant discomfort and a risk of getting trapped.

Suddenly, and the halls of the ship start blaring with an alarm, a harsh, grinding electronic sound that hurts your ears. Presumably the engineer you passed has found your trap.

>>685850
"Don't worry about him," Redgrave answers smugly as you treat Risky's injuries. It looks to you like she'll be sporting a nasty scar after that blow. "You'll have all the time in the world to tend to my crew once you're on board." His smirk falters as he looks over at the ailing pirate, who seems to be getting paler by the minute, and having trouble staying upright. "Get him on board," he says to the pirates supporting him, who nod. "We're almost done here."

You wish you still had your painkillers right about now.

>Risky is now at 5/2


>>685851
He snorts. "We'll see about that. You're in no position to be making threats, old timer. Consider this a gift, from me to you." You are vaguely aware of Veta by your side, giving you a prick with one of her needles. After a minute, you start to feel a little better. You also feel someone else, presumably Pyrite, trying to pull you back up. You comply and manage to struggle back to your feet, facing Redgrave feebly but defiantly.

>>685853
At your outburst, Redgrave's silent first mate uncrosses his arms and takes a step forward, and you hear the pirates around you raising their weapons. They back off once they see you're just helping Risky up, which you do so with ease.

"Good to see you all starting to come to your senses," Redgrave says as he wipes off the crowbar he calls Beatrice. "Nobody has to get hurt, you know."

>>685854
Redgrave looks at you curiously, as if he's daring you to say something. "What, going to keep your mouth shut? No hexes or curses to toss in my direction? You don't want to say the wrong thing, you know."

 No.685858

>>685850
>>685851
>>685853
>>685854
"So," Redgrave announces, stepping forward with a faint clink of his prosthetic foot, "now we're all perfectly clear, I have a deal to make with you lot. It goes something like this: I n- Oh, what is it now?"

His little speech is interrupted by the sound of a loud, grating alarm coming from the docking bay. He frowns and stays silent as a murmur erupts among the pirates. He pauses for a moment to put in an earpiece, barking at someone on the other end. "What the hell is going on? …A what? …In the engine room? …Right. I'll be right there."

"Well then," he says to you, "seems my suspicions were right after all. My boys just found a bomb in our engine room. Your Breezie friend back from the dead, I'd imagine." He gestures wildly at the pirates. "Get this lot locked up in the brig - except for her, we need her," he orders, pointing at Veta. Then, search the ship for that little bug and crush them. Move it!"

A commotion erupts as the pirates start moving back towards their ship, bumping into you roughly and pushing you along. None of them seem to be focusing entirely on getting you moved along, caught up as they are in the sudden upheaval. With some skill, you could give them all the slip, or you could do as Redgrave says and play along for now.

 No.685859

>>685857
>>685858
Pyrite gingerly lifts Risky up and slings her on to his back, letting out a soft huff and folding his ears back "S-Shucks, sorry. I shoulda been quicker on th' uptake. I-I coulda taken that instead 'a you." he mumbles,before looking around "S-So, we're gonna go with 'em f'r now?"

 No.685860

>>685858
Biting back the urge to claw the captain to ribbons, i clatter my way onto the ship, tasting bile at the thought of following Redgrave's lead.
Still considerably injured and unable to see to my left, i manage to hold myself up, feigning recovery.

 No.685861

>>685857
He smiles at Redgrave.

Then he goes along with Risky.

 No.685862

>>685857

Teal rolls her eyes at the sound of alarm ringing and flies away from the door, for now. Instead, she looks for a power matrix core of some kind, bundle of cables, not necessarily monitors. She secures herself a safe, tight spot and begins the necessary process of inputting countermeasures. The first step in that being the hacking of the power flow within the ship. That could take some time though. That wasn't the engine room, admittedly… yet that place was possibly not safe anymore, if the alarm were indeed connected with her activities aboard the ship.

>Engineering


[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.685863

>>685857
>>685858
"Ehh, I dunno about me in my senses. I'm feeling like a pill or three right about now after all the face time me and your first mate had."
Then all the commotion started and Veta groans.
"Oh…come on."
Veta tries to grab pills as she walks along onto the ship, trying to avoid being stepped on and such.

>trying to grab some of the fallen pills as she walks along

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.685864

>>685859
"For now, aye. Much as it kills the soul, i can't see from half my face and our doctor is busy nursing pirates under gunpoint."

"Hope i'm not bleeding too much on your armor, Veta didn't get much a chance to patch the cuts." i add, slung across your back like a saddlebag.

 No.685865

>>685864
"N-Naw, no reason t' apologize at all. It'll come out jus' fine. I'm more worried 'bout gettin' you some proper care."

 No.685866

>>685865
"Hows it look, me eye? Not missing, is it?" i ask, leaning over to expose the injury."

"Wouldn't put it past her to lace those needles o' hers with her pills, can't feel a thing."

 No.685867

>>685866
"I-It looks pretty bad. Sorry I couldn't help ya in time. I didn't think he'd do that… but, I'll make sure t' protect ya next time! I-I promise!"

 No.685868

>>685867
"Bah! you're fine, Rookie."

"Now that the crew is here, all we've gotta do is rescue our employer, save veta, get the beacon and carve Redgrave's head from his shoulders."

"…If he's not just gonna kill us soon as we get the beacon, that is."

 No.685869

>>685863
You manage to scavenge [1d4] pills from the floor. They're covered in dirt, and might not be safe for consumption, but it's probably worth the risk.

>>685862
You keep moving throughout the ship, sticking close to the ceiling and the walls to avoid being noticed. At one point, you are forced to duck into a nearby air vent to avoid a passing group of pirates, leading you to a sort of three dimensional maze in the ship's bowels. You wander about for a while, traveling through the parts of the ship only a Breezie could reach, until you get to what seems to be one of the ship's major electrical nodes, judging from the cables running through it. It looks like you could cut off parts of the ship's power supply by disabling this node, but you're unsure of how significant the outage would be, or how many other nodes there are to find.

From nearby, presumably below you, you hear vaguely familiar voices chattering. It could be that you're close to the ship's brig, where the pirates would presumably hold your companions were they to capture them.

>>685859
>>685860
>>685861
>>685863
You keep moving through the docking bay, noticing that the ship you arrived on has already been ransacked by the pirates. The pirate ship's interior is cluttered and run-down, and more chaotic than normal with pirates running back and forth through the corridors, with that incessant grating alarm piercing your eardrums. Eventually, Redgrave barks some orders to his men, and two of them split up and escort you into their ship's brig. It is a dimly lit, lifeless little place, with sliding iron bar doors lining the walls. You can't see any other prisoners inhabiting it right now.

You are familiar with one of the two pirates that are escorting you. One is Redgrave's first mate, silent and towering as ever, his expressions unreadable behind the long gas mask he wears. You notice as he turns around that his entire back is prosthetic, his shoulder blades being replaced with huge metal plates and his spine being a segmented, transparent tube with some sort of fluid flowing through it. The other pirate you don't recognize, being a scrawny donkey with bright, baby blue eyes, wearing a red jacket. Between the two of them, you are pushed into the cell. "You'll be staying 'ere until cap says otherwise," the donkey mumbles. "We'll be coming back fer you in a bit," he adds as an aside to Veta. "Now then, hand over all yer belongings and whatnot to us. I-Including prosthetics." Despite being your captor, you get the feeling that he's not as hard as the other pirates. As the first mate lumbers over to his side, the donkey seems to cower a bit at him.

Dr Rivers hands over everything he's holding without question. The first mate takes it, then unclips a small oblong object from his belt and presses a button. It expands and extends into a thick black rope net of sorts, which he promptly spins around and holds by the corners to make a sort of makeshift bag. Goldie seems a bit reluctant to follow his instructions, looking to the rest of you for approval. "Come on, make it easy on yerselves," the donkey mumbles.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.685870

>>685869
fiddling with a latch along my limb's seam, i disengage the claw of the limb, the talons clattering onto the floor.
"How's this? Lot of use me leg is now without the gripper. Why not let an 'old mare' keep her balance with the stub?"
[1d10] Con artist

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.685871

>>685869
Pyrite lumbers into the ship's brig, and slowly steps into the cell. He sets Risky down carefully, and, after a few minutes, manages to pull off his armor. He sets it all in a small, neat-looking pile on top of his shield, before leaning back and sitting on his haunches

 No.685872

>>685869

Teal circles the node, getting a feeling of what it stands for. She looks around and inspects the mechanisms it is connected with, taking her time to determine what range of influence does this electrical node possess - what does it power up and control. The Breezie seeks to possibly make use of what she has at hoof and for that reason, scouts ahead, to see what exactly might she make out of it.

>defaulting that action

 No.685873

>>685869
He plods along with the rest of the party and puts his stuff away as well.

 No.685874

>>685869
Veta just gives a big huff on one of the pills, polishes it against her chest, then proceeds to swallow said pill. She pockets the rest of the pills for later consumption.

"Oh, special treatment? I think I could get used to this," Veta says back to the donkey as he gives his aside to her, "but just to be up front; I will immediately say 'no' if you come back holding some lingerie in my size."

At being told to take off the prostetics and hand over her valuables, Veta gives a hissing sort of inhale as she steps over to Risky.
"Ooooh…yeah, uhh, about that: your captain kinda tossed the only valuable thing to me. My pills. Only other thing I have on me are," she reaches into her pockets with a free hand while the other jabs into Risky's head again, "oh, you like lolis? Looks like I have…three grape, two cherry, a pineapple, and a, oh, nevermind."
Veta sticks one of her lollipops on her mouth and enjoys the sugary treat.
"Sorry, but lemon is my favorite. Speaks to me, ya know? But you're welcome to any of the others."
She looks over to the first mate.
"Yes, you too. Going two rounds with me I think should earn you a reward as well."

"Besides, you're coming back for me soon anyway to treat whoever hobbles into my temporary office. No sense taking my equipment away and just making the task harder for me."

>Rejuvenate on Risky, DC 4

[1d10+1]

>>685870
Veta takes the needle appendage out and pats Risky's head.
"Holding up alright there sport? No worries, I'm slipping in a bit of my personal stash. Least I could do for a repeat customer."

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.685875

>>685874
"You're gonna spring a bill on me one o' these days, aren't ya?" i reply, sighing as my injuries subside. "Better than bleedin out on the floor, at least, though that crowbar's gonna leave a scar, isn't it?"

 No.685876

>>685874
"T-Thank ya, miss Veta!" the large stallion half-shouts out, before settling down a little closer to Risky. He lowers himself don fully to lay on the floor, before looking around "So… how long'r we gonna stay here?"

 No.685877

>>685876
"Till Redbeard finds a use for us three, looks like. Veta has pirates to cure and Teal is long gone… somewhere. The plan got to here before things got blurry."

"Not like a lack of a plan stopped me! Teal'l find a way here, then we think of something. Till then we hold out and get ready."

 No.685878

>>685875
"I'm a doctor, Risky, not a lawyer. I don't do that whole 'send a bill six months after I'm done my job' shtick."
Veta hums at the question of the scar, the answer already being obvious.
"Well, let's just say you might wanna add 'must love scars' on your online dating profile later."

>>685876
"Well dunno about you guys, but I think I'm getting some extra leg room soon…at the cost of doing clinic work. …son of a bitch better have some extra pills for me waiting in there."

 No.685879

>>685878
"y'can't just brew some up in those arms o' yours? Not like a pill is much different than those syringes, right?"

 No.685880

>>685879
"See, I would, but considering I get these pills for free with no effort on my part other than going to a pharmacy…nah."

 No.685881

>>685878
"W-Well, be careful. It'd be awful if ya got hurt, Miss Veta."

 No.685882

>>685881
Veta stares at him deadpan, blinking in what could only be contempt.
"You're a little late on that one."

 No.685883

>>685870
"Can't do that," the donkey says, taking your talon gingerly and passing it over to the first mate. "Sorry. Wish I could." You get the feeling he's not being entirely insincere.

>>685871
The first mate scoops up your armor effortlessly and bags it. The shield, however, isn't big enough to fit in the bag, and so he puts it aside to carry in his other hand.

>>685872
Judging from your knowledge, it seems that this node is responsible for powering whatever sector of the ship is belo you. If it were to be damaged or destroyed, it would disable all electrical functions, including lights, surveillance cameras, and electronic locks.

Faintly, you hear the familiar voices getting louder, along with one you don't recognize. It seems like your friends are being kept nearby, but it's unclear if this node corresponds to their location or not.

>>685873
You are deprived of your armor, staff, data pad and even your reading glasses. As you watch the first mate bag them all, you briefly wonder what would happen if you were to pull his mask off.

>>685874
Taking the painkiller makes you feel a bit better, clearing up your mind and lessening your killer headache from the pummeling you've received.

The donkey actually seems pretty eager at your offer, but a slight head tilt from the first mate makes him rethink his actions. Instead, he confiscates all the lollipops and hands them to the first mate. "Er, I'm good thanks. Maybe next time."

With not much else to do, you go ahead and heal up Risky a little more. She still looks terrible, but terrible is better than moribund.

>Risky is at 5/3


>>685870
>>685871
>>685873
>>685874
Seeing as they can't technically remove Veta's arms, the two pirates move on and take Goldie's belongings as well before closing the cell door on you all. The first mate presses one finger to a terminal on it, and a loud click and a buzz ensures you are well and truly locked away until further notice. "Captain will be with ye soon," the donkey grunts before heading off with the walking mountain that is the first mate.

As soon as they're gone, Rivers lets out an annoyed sign. "Well this is a fine mess we're in," he gripes. "Don't suppose any of you geniuses have a plan for getting out of here?"

"Oh shut up," Goldie growls. "You're not helping. Like, at all. …Do any of you have ideas though?"

 No.685884

>>685883
"I-I don't, really. I ain't th' brightest when it comes down t' escape plans. S-Sorry, Miss Goldie." the stallion mumbles, folding his ears back and laying his head down
"F'r what it's worth, I don't really need m' shield too badly. I can still work fine without it."

 No.685885

>>685883
"Calm down, we've got a pony on the inside, Teal'll show up any minute now and get us out o' the cell."

"We'll get the layout from her, then plot an escape. Nice and simple."

 No.685886

>>685883
"See I would think of something, but my brain is highly allergic to the whining of spineless wimps who reinforce the cliche hierarchy of the smart guy bowing down to the jock," Veta quips back at Rivers.

"Well, aside from my clinic work and getting a possible layout of the place, I'm in a rough spot."
She stretches a bit and tries to make herself comfy.
"I've got a few things I can do, but I'm not seeing the proper pieces in place for it all to work. For now, just gonna have to wait and prepare for anything best we can."
Her arm makes some noises as it makes up a few more of the syringes she's been passing out to everyone like candy.

>Distill Life

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.685887

>>685883
"I'm just waiting on the Breezie."

>>685884
"Wanna pass the time with a song about friendship?"

 No.685888

>>685887
Pyrite lets out a nervous chuckle, before shrugging "I-I ain't th' best at singin', but I can try m' best! What song?"

 No.685889

>>685888
"Oh, I wasn't serious. But it's good to know you could."

 No.685890

>>685883

Teal follows the sound of her companions speaking, checking how many and which cables lead to the cell or cells that they might be locked in. She stops every now and then with her ears to the walls, listening for any signs of pirates around her and trying her best to memorize their location, at least roughly. She checks what paths and entrances lead to her companions before engaging them.

 No.685891

>>685889
Pyrite folds his ears back and shrugs "I-I ain't th' best at figurin' stuff like that out, t' be honest. S-Sorry, haha…"

 No.685892

>>685884
She sighs and leans against the wall, closing her eyes. "Well, at least that Breezie's still out there somewhere. Hopefully she'll be able to think of something. Until then, best to sit tight and hope for the best. Gods, I could go for a drink right now…"

>>685885
>>685887
She nods. "If they haven't found her by now, that is. Doubt it though. Hard to find someone that small."

>>685886
He looks offended, but offers no retort.

To keep yourself busy, you prepare a few more syringes, hanging on to them for now until you or your companions need them.

>>685884
>>685885
>>685886
>>685887
Goldie sits in the corner humming to herself quietly, looking up briefly at a small ventilation grate directly above you. Rivers occupies himself by pacing around the large cell, muttering a prayer under his breath while clutching a seven pointed star pendant. You recognize it as being a symbol of Saint Twilight.

>>685890
Apart from a pair of rapidly fading footsteps, there don't seem to be any pirates in the brig. It seems like they're prioritizing the bomb threat, although you doubt they'll be able to defuse them any time soon. You keep following the cables until your companions' voices are directly below you. There is a small grate you could just squeeze through, and through it you can only just see your companions being held there.

From what you can tell, their cell is in the middle of a corridor. One end leads up a flight of stairs and up into the main hold, while the other end leads to some sort of interrogation room, judging from the singular handcuffed chair in the center. It doesn't look like it's been used in a while.

 No.685893

>>685892
stumbling occasionally on my three hooves, i grumble as i wander to the bars.

"All this cursed waiting! I'd take another beating by the dog just to get out of this cage!"

sighing, i try and look around the cell for loose paneling or stray metal to shape.
[1d10] Search

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.685894

>>685892
"Well, they found the bomb very quickly apparently. Which logically would be much smaller than the Breezie. Therefore it's not much of a stretch to imagine that they'd find her straightaway."

 No.685895

>>685894
"Don't count the breezie out just yet, fighting with her i could hardly tell she was there before she carved up the last batch o' pirates."

"She'll come, i'm sure."

 No.685896

>>685894
"She seems awfully sneaky! Though, we ain't got a way t' tell if they've disarmed it yet. I bet it won't be too easy t' disarm somethin' that small." the earth stallion offers."
>>685893
"Hmm? Whatcha lookin' 'round for?" the stallion asks, glancing around the room slowly
>Search: [1d10]

>>685892
"Yeah, I could use some water. I'm a little thirsty, m'self."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.685897

>>685892
>>685893
"You nearly got knocked the hell out with a concussion. I may have gotten punched a lot, but then again, I'm a depressed sack of shit in my off time so its nothing new for me. Now, stay still for a moment while I get another cocktail into you."

>Rejuvenate, DC 4

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.685898

>>685892

Teal takes one of her currently less needed, replacable tools as well as a screwdriver. She dips the latter in her bloodied mane and upon the former, inscribes a short message: "Visual on, audio off. Behave like you talk to each other." Then, making sure that at least one of those in the cell is looking in that direction, she slides said blood-inscribed tool out of the passage she is in and into the cell.

 No.685899

>>685896
"Maybe we can scrape a key into shape outta metal, something to pick the lock. Help me look for some metal, Pyrite. Bound to be something around here.."

>>685897
"It's fine, what didn't brain you probably won't again, or something."

 No.685900

>>685898

>Actually, in case it is possible, instead of using a tool, unscrew one of the possible many screws out there and use that as a "sheet".

 No.685901

>>685899
"I think you should stick to being a pirate."

 No.685902

>>685893
You're still a little dizzy from the blow, and only succeed in bumping your head pretty hard on the bars.

>>685894
She shrugs. "She's more mobile. Could get into places they couldn't. You do have a point though. Let's just hope it hasn't come to that."

>>685896
As you look around the cell, you find that the bars of your door are somewhat weaker at their foundation. While most folks wouldn't be able to make them budge, someone with exceptional strength could bash them out of place with enough brute force.

>>685897
You are still feeling somewhat dizzy yourself, and fail to jab her in a vein, instead just giving her a sharp poke with the needle.

>>685898
>>685900
You put your plan to action, taking a particularly large screw and inscribing your message on it before dropping it down through the cell doors. It lands right in front of Goldie, almost hitting her. The air duct you are on creaks ominously at the release of the screw, but otherwise stays intact.

>>685893
>>685894
>>685896
>>685897
You hear a small clink as a screw suddenly falls from the air vent and in front of Goldie. She picks it up, straining to look closer at it. She then drops it and shrugs. "Must be nothing," she says strangely loudly and deliberately. "The ship is probably falling apart at the seams." She then mouths the words "she's here" before sitting back down.

>pausing

 No.685976

Post sheets and let's get right into it. Last session for a while, so let's make it count!

 No.685977

https://pastebin.com/EBKvBkJ8
>>685896
"Y'find anything? bound to be something to scrape the door open.."
>>685976
eying Goldie, i nod silently, shaking the brush with the bars off and continuing my search.
[1d10] metal scrap search

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.685978

File: 1495334540946.png (327.13 KB, 500x500, Pyrite Crayon (Large).png)


 No.685979

File: 1495334699483.jpg (28.58 KB, 513x331, 1473838970253.jpg)

>>685902
>>685976
https://pastebin.com/E3s5YpWD

"Oh…whoops, wrong blood vessel. Give me a moment and I'll try again," she says, shaking her head to try and shake the dizziness off.

Veta reclines back.
"Considering everything else with this guy, I don't think the ship is the only thing falling apart around here."
She yawns.
"Watch. He probably shot the sick guy in the head and chucked him out of an airlock."

 No.685980

>>685902
>>685977
"Mhmm! Looks like th' bars in th' middle are pretty darn weak down near th' bottom. If ya wanted t', I could try an' kick th' bars out." The stallion says with a soft chuff. He wiggles a little back and forth, before getting ready to kick!

 No.685981

>>685976
http://pastebin.com/rjjue7BP

"I agree, Goldie, what a terrible ship, to put it in your exact words, verbatim. I hope nobody was planning on buying this, as you put it, 'hunk of steaming shit.'"

He watches patiently while their breezie rescuer arrives.

>>685980
"Hey, talk more shit so they come closer."

 No.685982

>>685981
"Talk shit? Why would talkin' 'bout that get them t' come closer?"

 No.685983

File: 1495335003008.jpg (15.4 KB, 480x480, 1494912244456.jpg)


 No.685984

>>685980
"Aye, go for it, Rookie! Give these bars a trashing!" i shout, waving a hoof to cheer you on.

 No.685985

>>685982
"So we can beat them up when they arrive."

 No.685986

>>685985
"No, I mean… why would talkin' 'bout excrement get them t' come closer?"
>>685984
"R-Roger that, cap!"
Pyrite turns around and rears back, before giving the bars a solid kick!
>Kick: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.685987

>>685986
"It's a phrase meaning to badmouth someone."

 No.685988

>>685985
"Sounds solid enough, though it looks like Pyrite found us an out."

"We'll need a way to our gear next. think you can use that magic o' yours to scout around, find us the armory? When we get out, o'course."

 No.685989

>>685988
"Sure, won't be trouble."

The two shadows stand on either side of Risky and tower above her menacingly.

 No.685990

>>685902

Receiving indirect respons from Goldie, Teal has a round across the place she was at, trying to hear if any of the guards were around. If she did not hear of any, she would say quietly to the team:

"I did not mean to check on you so quick, but you happened to be on the way. I'm assuming that alarm was one of you, correct?"

>>685980
>>685984
>>685985
>>685986
>>685988

"Last thing I'd advise you is to begin escaping right now. You're in bad shape and in need of equipment, a map and a plan. I'll be on my way to cover those shortly."

 No.685991

>>685990
>>685989
>>685988
"So, don't try a way out, 'r do? I-I'm not sure which is better." the stallion mumbles, looking between the two of them
>>685987
"Oh… oh! I unno how t' do that well."

 No.685992

>>685989
"Hmm. Never was one for magic, but these could scare a sailor to tears if you let 'em." i reply, trying to stick a hoof through them. "How'd you manage it? some kinda projector?"

>>685990
"Get us a route to the armory, if y'can! i'm bettin our gear is in there." i reply, staring up at the grate.
>>685991
"hmm.. I'd hope for teal gettin us out, but all this standing around is killin me."

"Hold for now, we'll take a time to let her get the intel."

 No.685993

>>685977
You can see the air vent above you, which is presumably loosened. You're not sure any of you could fit in there though, apart from Teal. There is also a neglected toolbox in the adjacent cell which could have something of use, but you can't quite reach it. If only you could walk through walls.

>>685979
You sit down for a moment to steady yourself. You still feel a little light-headed, but less so than before.

>>685986
You give the bars a good kick, making Rivers wince at the resonant clang. Unfortunately, they don't budge, rattling ominously for a few seconds. You can see some small cracks at their foundation, however, so you know you did have some effect on them.

>>685981
She nods dramatically. "It's a wonder it hasn't crashed and burned by now. It's all falling apart at the seams. What a piece of junk!" She does her best not to look into the surveillance cameras.

>>685990
You hear very faint footsteps, far away enough that you have time to quickly talk to the party before darting back into the air vent.

>>685977
>>685978
>>685979
>>685981
>>685990
You hear the distant footsteps getting louder and louder. One of them you recognize as Redgrave, from the distinctive clinking sound on every other step. Soon enough, he strides into the brig, barbed wire crowbar resting on his shoulder. He is accompanied by his hulking first mate and three other pirates you don't recognize. "You're up, doc," he announces to Veta. "You said you could cure my crewman, right? Or at least diagnose him. Do your thing," he says to all of you, "then we can all discuss the issue of this data beacon you're so keen to get your hands on." He pats his side pocket, which has a noticeable lump in it. He makes sure to stay out of reach of you for now. "Oh, and stop making that racket, whoever that was banging on the bars. We could hear you almost from the bridge. You're going to get yourselves hurt doing that, don't you know."

 No.685994

>>685993
Glaring angrily at the captain, i take a seat in silence, holding myself higher despite the missing hoof.
>>685979

"Go on then, Veta, I'll save your spot. Try and draw the needle pulling out for me, make'm squirm."

 No.685995

>>685993
>>685994
>>685992
Pyrite shrugs a little before taking a seat, wiggling his hindlegs a tad as he sits back on his haunches. He lets out a confused whinny, before asking "W-What's goin' on with him? How bad was th' stuff that he got himself stuck with?" the stallion asks

 No.685996

>>685993
>>685994
"When do we beat him up?" he whispers to Risky.

 No.685997

>>685993
Veta gives a sigh just as her body was beginning to relax into its new position.
"Damn. Whether at the office or in a jail cell, I can never catch a break."

She stands up and arches her back, making crack a few times as she prepares herself to be taken away to wherever they're taking her.
"Asking if I can cure him at this point is like if this ship supports artificial gravity."
Just to prove her point, and answer her 'question', she jumps in place and mocks surprise when she lands.
"What do you know? It does. So with all that cleared up, how about escorting a proper lady to where she needs to go."

>>685994
"I've got a list of people I'd do that to. He was just an innocent bystander in this one, so he's not on it."

>>685995
Veta shrugs.
"No clue. Just saw a bunch of used needles and syringes and thought it'd keep them away from my hiding spot. Wasn't exactly expecting one to go and step on them."
She sounds…slightly interested as her robotic fingers stroke her jaw line.
"Could be just the sniffles, maybe a super bug, or a fruity cocktail of several things joining forces like tights-wearing superheroes. Either way, this should be fun for a bit."

 No.685998

>>685995
"Bah! Forget the pirate, more o' them keeling over the better."
>>685996
"Figured we'd have more time, damn dog.."

"Teal'll find an out, then we get our weapons and i tear him apart myself."

"Faster she finds the key the better."

 No.685999

>>685996
"Can y'slip the shadows o' yours through the bars?" i whisper "Once Redgrave moves we can get an idea o' the place before we break."

 No.686000

>>685993

Teal scurries away through the hidden away areas, on her way to scout the ship… the old stickers, showing around the map and where was what, in case an evacuation from fire or sth was needed probably weren't going to be of much use. given the whole remodelling done by the pirates. Although she could just go around the ship, checking every place personally, that would take ages. What she needed was one of the two things. The first of them would be a data port of sorts that she could access in order to get data about this place..

>Search roll


[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686001

>>685999
"I could, but if I do, they'd be rather conspicuous, shadows walking around with bodies and all that. The pirates would know we're up to some shenanigans."

 No.686002

>>686001
"Y'can't flatten them along the floor? seein as they're made o' dark y'd think that'd work."

"Not like i'm one to talk, got enough magic in me to pick up a gun, far as i could take it." i finish, shrugging.

 No.686003

>>686002
"Well yeah but then they'd be slithering along the ground like snakes, and that'd just look silly."

 No.686004

>>685998
"W-Well, i-if we're gonna take 'em all out, I'd want it t' be in a way that ain't so inhumane." he offers, folding his ears back and shaking his shaggy head a bit

 No.686005

>>686004
"There'r worse ways to go in space, rookie." i reply grimly. "Some sickness is easy compared to what I've seen."

 No.686006

>>686003
"y'got me, good point."

"..Where'd y'learn this, anyway? Not like they teach that in class."

 No.686007

>>685994
He looks smugly satisfied at your submission. You can't wait to wipe it off his face.

>>685995
"I don't know what happened to him, but it looks bad," the captain says. To your surprise, he actually does seem genuinely concerned about his crewmen's safety.

>>686000
You keep scouring the ship for a data port, but fail to find anything that isn't guarded. What you do find, however, is that the electrical nodes you saw before run throughout the ship's inner lining, powering all of the ship's different sections. If you were to disable one in a different area, you could cause a diversion while you help break out the rest of the party.

You also manage to locate the party's equipment, or at least you assume you have. It's been locked away in the cargo hold you saw before. Being as tiny as you are, you are able to fly into the large, grimy hold through an air vent and bypass the locked door completely. The interior is devoid of any pirates.

>>685997
"Right then." Redgrave presses his finger to the control panel, and the door unlocks with a loud, ear piercing buzz. He moves the door aside, and locks it again before escorting you out alongside his entourage.

>>685994
>>685995
>>685996
"Don't you worry," Redgrave says. "We'll bring her right back once she does her thing. Sit tight, you three." With a mocking smirk, the group leave with Veta in tow.

>>685997
You are escorted towards their medical bay by the three pirates that accompanied him, Redgrave and the unnamed first mate splitting up and heading towards the bridge. You are escorted through the main hold, where loud and obnoxious rap music is playing while a whole group of unsavory individuals are either hard at work or slacking about. Most of them leer at you as you pass. Among the crowd you notice the donkey pirate from before that put your party in the cell. You notice he has a lollipop in his mouth.

Eventually, you get to the medical bay, or at least what passes for one. Like the rest of the ship, it seems to have been cobbled together from various other ships they have conquered. It is absolutely not up to WH&S standards, judging from the grime, odd stains on some of the beds, and occasional shards of broken glass. In one corner, you can see that they seem to have tried to build an AutoMedic of their own, but it's little more than a hunk of scrap metal with spidery limbs jutting out every which way.

Through a glass door, you can see the afflicted pirate, a lanky, square-jawed pegasus with a tattered ear. He seems to be asleep, or unconscious. In the room alongside him, inside a bunch of drawers, are all the typical tools you'd need in a hospital; needles, syringes, anaesthetic, scalpels, disinfectant, thermometers, a heart monitor, etcetera. Looking back, you see two of the three pirates leave, one staying on guard duty until you're finished.

>roll for diagnosis if you decide to do so

 No.686008

>>686006
>>686007
"Family secret. My family's part of a very old clan of mages, going back to when everyone still lived on earth. Shadow magic started off somewhere in the east, and then it was perfected with other magics in the west. And now I'm here, with a LOT of siblings and cousins and aunts and uncles and the like."

When the guards are gone, the shadow minions subtly meld with the shadows under the benches, along the walls, and slither away, sticking to the "natural" shadows of the environment in their quest to get a lay of the land.

 No.686009

>>686008
"And y'managed to do it without a horn, too! Now that's some magic."

"Never had a tutor aboard the Ark's end, pirates don't make for good mentors, y'see. Moment i was old enough i got a crash course on magic by haulin ammo crates about the decks."

"Not much o' a class but it was enough."

 No.686010

>>686008
[1d10]
[1d10]

searching

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.686011

>>686007
As Veta gets the leers tossed her way, she just winks back and does paw-handguns to them, obviously not caring that she's in a tight spot. Spotting the donkey getting a lollipop in the end, she shoots him a quick thumbs up as she keeps moving.

As she enters, she can't help but snicker a bit at the attempt at an AutoMedic.
"Between that and the rest of how this place looks, I'm surprised you all are as healthy as you are. Well, minus your friend in there," she says to the remaining pirate left in the room, perhaps looking to make some small talk.
"Anyway, first to set the mood…."
Her arms switch to its medic settings and a small speaker begins to play a really old piece of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Diu2N8TGKA
She gets to work, inspecting the knocked out pony every which way. Checking his tongue, opening his eyelids, lifting a hoof up and letting it drop. She jabs a few of her own needle/robo-finger tips to draw samples and test those as well. She continues to perform other tests while waiting for results, oddly, seemingly moving to the music. Despite the music grooving, she still looks pissed off at the world.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.686012

>>686009
"I'd share, but I'm not allowed to, sadly. That's only permitted within the family."

 No.686013

>>686007
"S-Shucks… U-Uhm…" he looks over to Whiskey "S-Should we wait f'r her t' come back before doin' anythin'? I-If we run off, they might hurt Miss Veta…"
>>686010
>>686012
>>686008
"Shadow Magic?" the bulky stallion asks, cocking his head to the side "Huh. So that thing ya did when we were fightin' th' pirates was actually my shadow, not just a pony-shaped blob? That's kinda cool!… A-A little odd, but cool!"

 No.686014

>>686012
"Hmm.. Aye, i understand."

"Still, once we get off this ship, would y'mind teachin me some basics? If i lose m'things again it'd be better to have something t'fight with other than just a wicked attitude."

 No.686015

>>686008
>>686010
Even without your staff, you are still able to command your minions. They silently melt away exactly as you commanded them, stealing away outside of the brig and exploring the immediate area outside.

Your shades can see that the brig connects to a hallway, which in turn is connected to the engine room, the main hold, the cargo hold and the security room. Slipping under the door and into the latter, they find that the only one on guard is a small, slightly overweight earth pony watching about two dozen camera feeds at once. He seems to be half-asleep, judging from the lukewarm mug of coffee labeled 'I<3EQ'. You also notice that there is a data pad on the desk next to him, which seems to be displaying a layout of the ship.

As your shadows enter, they bump against a nearby cabinet. He jumps slightly in his chair and grunts. "Wha…? Who's there?" He gets up and starts looking around, spooked by the sudden rattling.

>>686011
The donkey nods and smiles slightly, but quickly changes to a mean scowl to avoid attention.

You quickly get to work poking and prodding the pirate in every possible way. Doing what your best at improves your mood somewhat. It doesn't take you long to diagnose him. He is showing all the symptoms of a blood incompatibility. Presumably the needle he was jabbed with had some dried blood on it, which caused his sudden illness. It's nothing contagious, but unfortunately you don't have the equipment or staff to give him a full treatment. The most you could do for him, if you wish to keep him stable, is to hook him up with a saline drip and give him a plasma transfer. The pirates will need to admit him to a proper hospital at some point.

>>686014
"I used to know some magic," Goldie comments. "Tried getting into it when I was a teen. Never managed to conjure up anything more than some sparks though. Can't really do it nowadays." She shrugs.

>>686013
"If anyone were to ask me," Rivers drawls, "not that anyone has, I'd say we should just do what Redgrave says and keep negotiating with him. He said he wanted you to help him with something, after all. Maybe we could talk our way out of this."

Goldie just shakes her head in disapproval but stays quiet, clearly intent on fighting her way out of this mess.

>pausing, feel free to keep talking IC if you want

 No.686016

>>686015
"Well, if it's th' best way t' keep all'f us safe. I'd hate f'r any 'a y'all t' get hurt."

 No.686017

>>686015
"I'd sooner join the imperial navy than work with that dog!"

"The sooner we get out of here, the sooner i can tear him to pieces."
>>686016
"The best way i see is t'get rid of Redgrave and crew before he changes his mind. I've no doubt he'll turn that offer to something worse."

 No.686018

>>686017
"U-Uhm… w-well, I unno… w-we aren't gonna hurt most'f 'em too bad, are we?"

 No.686019

>>686018
"We're gearin up to break through a ship filled with pirates to steal a beacon off the captain. Somethin tells me they won't just let us leave with their prize."

"Are y'ready to fight off a few dozen pirates? They'll be going for the kill, same as we should be doin."

"This time it's us'r them, Rookie. Can i count on ya to crack some skulls when tha plan falls through?"

 No.686020

>>686007

Teal searches the place, inn order to make sure the party's weapons were there. After all, this complex a ship could well have more than one armoury. In case she doesn't find what they had, she checks the hoard for stuff that could be seen as potential replacements for their original equipment. Regardless, she also takes her time to fiddle with the lock in order to get a hang of it and be prepared to take it off or on, depending on the situation.

>defaulting engieering

 No.686021

>>686019
"I-I…" he folds his ears back and looks away, before wiggling uneasily
"I-I…I-I guess, yeah. I-I'd jus' prefer t' knock 'em out, but… i-if there really ain't a-another way…"

 No.686022

>>686021
sighing, i pat you on the head with my good hoof.
"You're a bit soft fer this job, rookie. Shame that yer first mission is this rough, no chance to take it slow."

"If it makes ya feel better, i'll try and pull me punches, enough to keep em down fer a while, at least." i reply, flashing a small smile before narrowing my eyes.

"Though if i get the chance, i'll finish Redgrave off meself, no gettin around that. He's got a price to pay fer that crowbar o' his.."

 No.686023

>>686020

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.686024

>>686020
>>686023

>Evening the time up, because of the lost turn


[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.686025

>>686022
"S-Sorry. I-I guess this probably wasn't m' best choice…" he frowns a little, before pulling Risky into a hug "I-I won't let 'em hurt ya no more though, promise!"

 No.686026

>>686015
Seeing the result of the tests and such, Veta gives a heavy sigh. She even turns the music off, then rubs the temples of her head.
"Good grief. Of all the things, it just has to be something I can't shove a medical cocktail into and wait."

She gets to work, setting up the drip up and hooking him up to her arm for the plasma transfer. She sits on the ground, back against the bed, and looks to the pirate keeping guard.
"Your buddy is very sick, and I can't treat him with how piss poor this 'medbay' is. Send a message to Captain Crowbar for me, will ya? Tell him his guy is stable, but he's going to have to go to a real hospital. And if you actually have to run, go for it."
She yawns and relaxes a bit, her arm still continuing the transfer.
"As long as I stay put, he's fine. And since I'm feeling ready for a nap, I think I do that unless my arm suddenly makes a bunch of beepy noises."

 No.686027

>>686025
feeling he squeeze by the larger pony, i try and return the hug with a few pats on your back
"oof!.. A-alright, i'll hold ya to it, Rookie!"

"The five o' us'll do great, just keep them off us and we'll do the rest!"

 No.686028

>>686027
"M-Mhmm! I'll do m' best! You jus stay careful now, t-that injury's awfully bad."

 No.686029

>>686020
You manage to secure the party's equipment. It is stored in a large metal crate, dumped unceremoniously in a pile inside it. The crate has been left open. They most likely didn't count on anyone being able to infiltrate it so easily.

>>686023
>>686024
The lock mechanism is surprisingly tricky to figure out, for being part of a ramshackle pirate ship. You almost get electrocuted a few times trying to override it from the inside. It seems like you might have to find another way to get in if you can't figure it out. If only you could find the code to open the door somehow…

>>686026
The great lug of a zebra stares at you blankly for a moment, then simply nods and heads off for the bridge, leaving you all alone with the patient. It doesn't take long for the plasma transfer to be finished, and there's no sign of your guard yet.

>pausing

>BWB will return on 10/6

 No.686030

>>686029

In case someone missed it in the chat:

>BWB will return next week, it will be gone the week afterwards.

 No.686274

Post sheets!

 No.686275


 No.686276


 No.686277

File: 1496542692373.jpg (167.71 KB, 847x605, 1496019259050.jpg)


 No.686278


 No.686279

File: 1496545907146.jpg (51.49 KB, 357x302, Inafune.jpg)


 No.686280

Last time on BWB, the party were captured by the nefarious Captain Redgrave, left to rot in his ship's brig. Teal Drop, however, managed to give them the slip, rigging the pirates' engine to explode at her will and working towards setting her companions free. Veta, meanwhile, was called away by the pirates to tend to one of their sick. As it stands, both she and Teal are out of the cells for now, Veta being in the medical bay and Teal currently trying to open the lock on the party's equipment.

From within the dingy cell, Hui has sent his shadowy minions to explore the ship, finding themselves in the ship's security room, where a lone pirate is watching over the camera feeds. Startled by the shadows' entry, the pirate guard is alerted to their unnatural presence, although he doesn't know where….

>>686277
The stocky little earth pony pirate hops off of his chair and looks around, on edge by the sudden sound. His back to the screens and coffee mug in hoof, he peers around the room curiously, although he doesn't seem to have noticed your shadows yet.

>>686275
You keep trying with the lock. You feel like you're making progress on bypassing it, but it's still firmly sealed for now. You can hear two pirates conversing outside the cargo hold, although it's unclear if they're coming in or not.

>>686279
You are all alone in the medical bay, your guard having left to inform the captain of your success. Looking around the room, you find it grimy, unkempt, and utterly unfit for any sort of proper medical procedure. It's a miracle the crew are as healthy as they are if this is the sort of room they're normally treated in. Your patient is still unconscious on the bed. You can hear faint hoofsteps, presumably a guard on patrol, but nothing else for now.

>>686276
>>686277
>>686278
You all remain in the cells alongside Goldie and Dr Rivers. The former is passing the time by fruitlessly trying to practice magic. There are no other guards on patrol right now. You recall that there seems to be a toolbox of sorts in the adjacent cell, and that the door could be broken with enough force.

 No.686281

>>686280
Without my talon or limb, i wobble slightly as i shuffle towards the locked door.
"Bah, i've escaped worse than some rusty gate! time ta put some magic to use."

concentrating, i try to feel out the tumblers in the lock with my magic, jostling the set into the line.
[1d10] Unicorn magic, Lockpick

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.686282

>>686280

Teal's ears twitch as she takes notice of the voices outside. She had times, hence she preferred caution, if possible. Hence, she paused for a moment and put one of her outer aural organs to the door, attempting to discern what the talk is about and discern whether she should worry about them, possibly coming in. Guards were likely to be placed at such a key position, but one could never know…

Having taken this short break of sorts, Teal closes her eyes momentarily, breathes in & out and attempts to tackle the matter of the lock with a fresh mindset.

>Engineering


[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686283

>>686280
Hui chills. Meanwhile the shadows drop and blend back in with the ambient shadows of the environment.

 No.686284

>>686280
"Uhm… shucks. So, let's keep waitin', right?"

 No.686285

>>686284
"I'm gonna give this lock a try. Who knows? Maybe that pep-talk from Hui will give me some ideas" I mutter, horn tapping the lock as i work.

 No.686286

>>686285
"The what now?"

 No.686287

>>686280
Veta ponders for awhile her situation, humming a bit. She shrugs, thinks about how she's starting to feel a bit thirsty, and opts for walking around the ship a bit to maybe find somewhere to get a drink. She makes her walk calculated to try and avoid any guards, but otherwise walks with the swagger of someone who has free reign to go as they please.

>avoiding detection during wandering/possible scouting

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.686289

>>686286
"Well, ya did open my mind to the idea of practicing magic, chatting over those shadows o'yours. Might as well try with the lock, eh?"

 No.686290

[1d10] [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.686291

>>686289
"Oh yeah, that thing. Well, unless it's in your blood, you'll need more than practice, just speaking honestly."

 No.686292

>>686291
"Won't stop me from tryin, at least! A door seems easy enough, a fair bit quieter than having Pyrite smash through.."

 No.686293

>>686281
You try and pick the lock for a while. Unfortunately, it's the type of lock that requires a certain number combination punched in on a keypad to open, but you still manage to fiddle with it enough that you feel like you could bypass it soon enough. They don't seem to have very good security.

>>686282
You eavesdrop on the talk for a moment. It seems like a pretty menial conversation about some type of sport you're not familiar with. Apparently the Flying Guillotines aren't doing very good this season, whoever they may be. More importantly, they are getting louder and louder, implying that they may be coming in after all. The sound of a few buttons being pressed on the door outside confirms this. You also hear a new set of heavy, thudding footsteps.

You keep fiddling with the locked crate. You feel something shift inside, as well as a very faint click. It should open eventually if you keep it up.

>>686283
>>686290
Your shadows blend back in seamlessly. After looking around for a bit, the watchpony sits back down with a noncommittal shrug, going back to his job of watching the monitors. He is the only one keeping watch over the ship through the cameras, it seems.

>>686284
Rivers nods distractedly, but perks up as Risky starts trying to open the lock. "Seems like we won't have to wait much longer," he comments. "And it's about time too."

>>686287
You leave the medical bay out of curiosity, making your way through the blue lit corridors and having a look around. You pass two pirates while you do so, but they don't give you a second glance as they head towards a large, locked door and punch in a few numbers. They seem to be talking about sports of some kind.

At the end of the corridor, you see a very familiar hulking figure move past, accompanied by another pirate. The ever silent first mate steps in, focused on whatever task he has at hand, looking around. At first he looks through you, but then you realize he's noticed who you are. He points towards you, then makes certain gestures to the pirate accompanying him, who simply nods and leaves. He just keeps staring for a moment from behind his long black mask, then starts striding towards you.

 No.686294

>>686293
"Tch. O'course it's a damn keypad!"
gritting my teeth, i try and guess the code the pirates used earlier by jamming as many buttons combinations as i can.
[1d10] Improvise, button mashing

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.686295

>>686293
One of the shadows slips into the guard's coffee so as to choke him when he drinks it.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.686296

>>686294
"If ya'd like, I can give it another kick. Dunno how well it'd go, but it might do th' trick!"

 No.686297

>>686293

Due to the incoming threat, Teal breaks away from the door and swishes past the crate. Usually, she'd just wait until the intruders were away, but admittedly, she was on a time limit here. Hence, she gave the crate's safeguards one more try before finding a safe spot.

>Engineering


[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.686298

>>686296
"If we kick it down the crew'll be on us in no time, best we do this quietly for now."

"…Till we get in their armory, o'course. Then it's time we take them on."

 No.686299

>>686293
Veta scratches herself behind an ear.
"Oh good, my favorite new friend," she says with fake enthusiasm and her usual smirk.
"Hey, you have water or something to drink around here? I'm feeling pretty parched over here. And, no, I would not like a knuckle sandwich to go with the drink."
As he starts striding, she does a head tilt as if beckoning him to her.
"If you're worried about the patient, he's stable…but nowhere near out of the woods. Gonna need a real doctor's office, the kind with a clean work place and a working auto-doc even. Not that tetanus-inducing scrap heap you've got in there at the moment."
She let's him come right up to her, either foolish or legitimately not afraid of him is unknown. But expecting a wallop to maybe come her way, she still stays on her toes.

>preemptive attempt of dodging/mitigating the very likely chance of a punch coming her way

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686300

>>686294
You frustratedly mash the keypad buttons, trying to get the right combination. None of it works, until you just try the simplest code you can think of: 1, 1, 1, 1. Miraculously, you hear a loud buzz, and the gate rattles open. Goldie beams and springs to her feet. "Oh my f… It actually worked! You did it!" She looks like she's about to hug you, but reconsiders.

Rivers raises his eyebrows and stands up. "Well, now what? Are we really going to fight our way out of here with our bare hands?"

>>686295
One of your shadows shrinks and nestles inside the cup quietly. The other shadow sees the same thing as the guard: the cell gate rattling open on one of the monitors, holding the party. His eyes bulge as he takes another sip of coffee before standing up and waddling for the door. He stops dead in his tracks and chokes on the shadowy assassin, dropping his mug and stumbling around the small office before collapsing unconscious.

>>686297
You manage to bypass the lock quite easily, leaving it as it is before taking cover. Two pirates walk in, both Diamond Dogs with brown and white fur and green eyes. Probably twins. They walk right past you before grabbing something from another crate. They stop dead in their tracks as they hear a sudden commotion: loud, thumping footsteps, alongside Veta's voice of all things. They have their backs to you right now, distracted by the noise.

>>686296
Goldie is about to tell you to go ahead and try it, due to a lack of other options. However, Risky manages to spring the lock, freeing you all from your prison.

>>686299
He just stares at you blankly before making a sudden, swift motion to grab you. You only barely manage to avoid his surprisingly quick movement by stepping to the side instinctively. Without missing a beat, he lunges at you again with a low grunt, trying to grab you again.
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.686301

>>686300
"To the armory!" i declare "We'll grab our gear and some guns, break the rest and fight our way out."
>>686295
"Hui, which way to the armory? Those ghosts o'yours find it?"

 No.686302

>>686300
Veta sees her opening to do something. As the First Mate lunges at her, she tries to outmaneuver and grab him by the tubes on his back, then proceeds to tug forcefully to rip them out with what robotic strength she has.

>ripping the tubes out from him, DC -1 if the Single weapon tag can be applied to this action

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.686303

>>686300
>>686301
The two shadows return to Hui. "Dunno, but ah, we'll find it eventually."

He and the shadows look around for a) where their shit is and b) where the armory is.

[1d10] [1d10] [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 4 = 4 / Roll #3 6 = 6

 No.686304

>>686300
"O-Okay! Where to now?" he asks, looking around the brig worriedly. "S-Shucks, I gope Veta an' Teal'r okay." he mumbles, before looking around for anything worth using as a shield till he gets his own back!
>[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686305

>>686300

Although the sight of the Diamond Dogs' exposed backs could be seen as tempting to the sneaky little bugger that Teal was, she decided not to tamper with those two yet.

The commotion, though including her teammate's voice, could mean just about anything. Hence, Teal flew somewhat closer to the door, yet still keeping her distance and staying behind the DDs, checking out what's brewing.

 No.686306

>>686304
"Hui's ghosts are scouting around fer the armory, once we have it we'll take what we can and fight our way out!"

 No.686307

>>686306
"Shadows, not ghosts."

 No.686308

>>686307
"Bah, you know what i meant. Either way they'll report back sooner'r later, then we make our move."

"Keep an eye out in the meantime, more o'those pirates might be nearby."

 No.686309

>>686301
>>686303
>>686304
Moving as a group, you make your way through the halls of the ship to what looks like the armory. It is a large, fortified iron door locked by a keypad, currently being guarded by a brawny looking griffon with a gun in his holster. He does a double take and yelps as he sees the lot of you, quickly moving towards a large red alarm button affixed to a panel on the wall. From somewhere else in the ship, you can hear the sounds of fighting.

>>686302
You dodge him again, reaching for the strange tubes he has in his back. You manage to yank two of them out. He grunts again and stumbles as you do so, strange white gas spilling out from behind. He backs off for a moment as he struggles to put them back in.

From behind you, you hear the two pirates you passed before walking up. They are both identical twin Diamond Dogs. They look on for a moment before they spring to action, one of them trying to help up the first mate while the other tries to tackle you.

[1d10] Grapple

>>686305
You see them leave, and tail them for a moment. You can see Veta struggling with the first mate you've seen a few times now, having seemingly injured him by attacking him from behind. One of the dogs is trying to help him fix the tubing on his back, while the other is trying to tackle Veta.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.686310

>>686309
"Oh no you don't, bird!"
galloping as fast as i could on three legs, i try and bowl him over with my momentum!
[1d10] Three-hoof tackle

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.686311

>>686309
Veta grumbles a bit.
"For the record, he did try to grab me first. Sexually, I might add."
Knowing that wouldn't fly, she opts instead to reverse the grapple and shove the dog into the First Mate, looking to mess up their efforts of recovering.

>interrupt/rip more tubes out via grapple reversal and shove

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.686312

>>686309
Pyrite whinnies softly, hurtling towards the griffon and going to tackle him!
>Grapple! [1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.686313

>>686309
The shadows beat up the griffon.

[1d10] Hui's
[1d10] Pyrite's

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.686314

>>686309

If anyone could see Teal right now, one would witness a Breezie with a somewhat perplexed expression, first looking at the commotion, then to the sides, checking for reinforcements - be it that of pirates or her teammates - as well as the cameras.

With the odds prevalent in favour of the ones grappling Veta, Teal zips behind the one trying to fix the tubing on the first mate's back, attempting to inconspicuously throw a little something extra into one of the tubes that were getting reattached.

>Sabotage

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.686315

>>686310
>>686312
>>686313
He squawks as you tackle him to the ground in a joint effort, Pyrite and the two shadows keeping him pinned down. He struggles to grab his gun, but Risky manages to grab it from his holster instead. The guard still struggles for a while, until he just gives up and stares angrily at you without saying a word.

Goldie, meanwhile, starts trying to open the door, plugging in random numbers just like Risky before giving up. "They just can't make this easy, can they?" she grumbles.

>>686311
You avoid the grab again, giving the dog a shove of your own. He sees you coming, however, and ducks under you before grabbing you around the waist and knocking you to the metal floor. "Stop resisting!" he hollers. "You have the right to remain silent!" His twin just gives him an exasperated look before continuing his work on the first mate, finishing up soon enough.

>>686314
There doesn't appear to be anyone else coming for now, although you do hear some fighting coming from somewhere nearby.

As the brawl continues, you see an opportunity and zip in, trying to sabotage the minotaur's cybernetics as fast as you can. You're not fast enough, however, and the Dog helping him spots you, swiping at you with one hand and almost hitting you. "Fernald, look out!" he barks as the first mate rises to his feet, repaired for now.

The first mate Fernald looks around, assessing the situation before bringing both hands together on Teal, trying to crush her.

[1d10+3]

One of the twin Dogs starts making his way out of the fight, heading towards the bridge. The other keeps Veta pinned for now.

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.686316

>>686315
whipping the pistol free from it's holster with my magic, i jab the barrel under his beak.
"Right then, Bird. I'll make a deal with you. Open this gate and i'll kill ya quickly, refuse and i'll see how many bullets you can take before ya bleed out. Deal?"
>Improvise
[1d10] Intimidate

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.686317

>>686315
"Dead or alive, I'm not coming with you," Veta snaps back and attempts to break the grapple by bashing her head against the offending Diamond Dog.

>break the grapple

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686318

>>686315
"We're jus' gonna grab our stuff an' go. If ya jus' don't try anythin', we won't hurtcha none. Promise!"

 No.686319

>>686315
The shadows go through his pockets for some good shit.

[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.686320

>>686315

Teal gasps silently, as she backs off in the air from the monstrous beast that minotaur seemed to be. With Veta now pinned down and the musclebeast up and kicking, Teal didn't see any chances for successful resolution of this situation. It was time for her to bolt.

However, that didn't equate to her, not meaning to make something out of it. Hearing commotion from one side, she assumed those were the remaining members of her party. Since she saw their weapons still in the crate, it meant they weren't fully combat-operative now…

Thus, having the first mate's attention, she flew off in a hurry in the direction opposite to that, from which she heard the fight, going on. Hopefully, she could buy them time to get the weapons from the now-opened crate…

As she flew further away, she did try to lose the one chasing her. She was faced with a dangerous choice now - either go for a vent or seek cover along the way… risking either an obvious position from which one could be blown away or a stationary position, within which she could get crashed by the lumbering beast.

She opted to go for somewhat for the latter, trying to lose him, despite the first mate, obviously being acquainted with the ship. That, however, was to be accomplished by making unordinary use of the twists and turns along the way though, rather than staying in one place for long.

Overall, during the chase, she tried her best to stay high in air, just beneath the celing, so as to not have the minotaur be able to reach her… assuming he wasn't big enough to do so anyway in the possibly cramped corridors.

Hence, switching the corridor to a room with a higher-placed ceiling was preferred too.

>Stealth

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.686321

>>686316
>>686318
The griffon just glares at you, but reluctantly nods with a heavy sigh. "You're mad if you think you'll get away with this," he growls.

>>686317
"Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law," he grunts, struggling to keep you down. He almost slips at your sudden effort, but manages to hold you steady. You can feel his grip weakening.

>>686319
"Oi!" Despite his protests, your shadows secure 12 florins from his pockets, as well as an almost-full pack of 8 Gum. It's spearmint flavored.

>>686320
You nimbly dodge Fernald's attempt to crush you, following up with a swift strike of your energy blade. It deals a deep wound across his body, leaving him bleeding heavily. He fumbles at the sudden blow, clutching at the wound before charging towards you. Being naturally smaller and faster than him, you dart back into the cargo hold and upwards to avoid him again, trying to fly into a nearby air vent. You struggle to do so, but are unable to hide in time before the first mate lopes in.

Getting visibly angrier despite not saying a word, Fernald swings at you again with one bloodied hand.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.686322

>>686321
"Glad t'see ya picked the better choice. Now get to it!" i add, helping the bird up while keeping a gun to his back.

"Make a move for that alarm and the deal's off."

 No.686323

>>686321
"I ain't too angry, mister. I get that y'all do what ya need t' do, an' we're doin' what we need t'. I-I'll try m' best not t' hurt any 'a your friends." he offers, getting off of him and standing in front of the alarm'

 No.686324

>>686321
"Ya know, I'm a dinner first kind of bitch. So how about a date first, since you seem awfully grabby with me right now," she says, trying a more social way of breaking the grapple.

>Success Through Failure: Adds +1 to this attempt.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.686325

>>686321

Seeing the minotaur physically superior, Teal ditches the direct escape plan for now. Instead, she opts to maneouvre round the horned one, using his superior mass against him. Namely, the cover that it was providing, especially in the hard-to-reach places.

>Stealth

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.686326

>>686322
He begrudgingly enters the secret code to unlock the armory: 5, 5, 5, 5. You give him a little shove to keep moving as you, Hui and Pyrite enter the armory.

>>686324
He keeps pinning you down, this time forcing one of your hands behind your back and keeping your head down. One good shove should get him off you. He keeps yelling various cop-related phrases indistinctly.

>>686325
You dodge him again and give him a good slice across the arm before concealing yourself amidst the crates.

Clutching his wounds, Fernald looks around, trying to find his diminutive assailant.

[1d10-1]

>>686322
>>686323
The armory, much like the rest of the ship, is dingy and run-down, cobbled together from various other ships. It has an impressive selection of gear, however, having several racks and shelves of rifles, handguns, revolvers, knives, truncheons, grenades, and the like. It even has a suit of riot armor, along with a shield, and a strange-looking rifle with several wires and buttons. You can only assume is an experimental Plasma Energy Weapon (PEW), taken from the research station. Overall, the armory boasts a surprisingly large arsenal, all stored neatly and ready for you to take and cause a ruckus.

>pausing


>Next time on BWB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t08RN2yPJik


Roll #1 4 - 1 = 3

 No.686429

Post sheets and reply to the last post in the thread!

 No.686430

File: 1497148166481.png (38.71 KB, 1400x900, 1482682993174.png)

>>686429
http://pastebin.com/rjjue7BP

After reviewing everything, Hui picks up the riot armor and puts it on. He also takes a few grenades and any ammo for the revolver that he can find (having already found a revolver earlier). He seems disdainful of the PEW. "That plasma stuff's for peasants."

 No.686431

>>686430
nomenclature

 No.686432

>>686429
>>686326
https://pastebin.com/EBKvBkJ8

"Secure what y'can and get movin! The crew will be on us anytime now!"

shoving the griffon onto the floor, i line up a shot at the back of his head, before eying Pyrite's worried look and choosing to knock the pirate out cold.

Seeing the plasma rifle, i grab ahold of it with my magic and take a better look. "So, which end is the firin part?" i mutter, looking down the barrel.

 No.686433

File: 1497148431047.jpg (13.88 KB, 191x255, A Nice Cold Bottle Of....jpg)

>>686429
https://pastebin.com/E3s5YpWD

"Hey, Chucklefuck, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly getting off to this roleplay you're trying to do here!"
Veta continues to resist and tries to power out of the hold.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.686434

>>686429

https://pastebin.com/TndTEZAb

>>686326

Teal, concealed, eyed the minotaur. Time seemed just right. The place, adequate. The movement of the wounded minotaur was far from erratic. Now wonder he got to be the first mate. The thread on which this encounter was sewn, was thin, and Teal got moving carefully, as to not drop.

The alternative was getting crushed by the adversary, after all.

Trying to guess at the pattern of his search, Teal circled the minotaur, attempting to plant a safety measure, in case the saying regarding the wounded beast being the most dangerous, proved to be true. Given the circumstances, she had little doubts about it.

>Sabotage

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.686435

>>686326
Pyrite blinks once or twice, before frowning a little "5 5 5… 5? Ain't that a really dumb combination?" he asks, cutting himself partway through as the griff is knocked out cold.
He retrieves his gear and slips into it quickly, before hefting his shield on to his back and bobbing a little "Good t' go!"

 No.686436


 No.686437

>>686435

"When our cage's lock was all 1s, i had my doubts. Turns out i was right! We're dealin with some o' the worst pirates i've ever laid eyes on!"

 No.686438

>>686429
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.686439

>>686430
>>686431
Not wasting any time, you quickly get to looting the armory. The armor is a bit cumbersome to move around in, but it will provide sturdy protection in combat.
>Riot Armor: +2 maximum hits, -1 to dodge/athletic rolls

You also take the time to grab three grenades. They are extremely deadly, and should not be used without caution.
>Frag Grenade x3: Explodes violently, dealing 6 hits and 1 wound worth of damage to all enemies in an area. When throwing, roll 1d4. On a 1, user and allies will take 4 hits of damage and be knocked helpless. This damage can be negated by rolling to dodge, with a DC of 7.

You manage to also find six more rounds for the revolver you found, bringing your ammo count up to 9 total.
>Revolver: ranged, crits on 9+

>>686432
"You can't be so stupid as to think this'll be easy," the griffon snarls at you. "We outnumber you all at least twelve to one. You might as well give up. You're already d-" His taunting is put to an abrupt end as you slam him upside the head, leaving him down for the count for now.

>>686438
You can't seem to make much sense of the weapon, although you quickly figure out how it's held. You'd need your mechanical arm to be able to use it properly, however, seeing as it's a rifle and all. A small knob on the side seems to control the intensity of its projectiles.
>Plasma Energy Weapon: ranged, fire elemental
>Special Ability: Power Blast: recharge 2; You crank the PEW up to its maximum potential, firing a volatile plasma projectile that can hit up to three enemies at once. Crits on 7+, critfails on 4-. Weapon cannot be used at all during recharge.

>>686433
Try as you might, you can't shake him off. With surprising strength, he grabs you and hauls you to your feet, shoving you to start moving down the hallway as he keeps your arms behind your back.

>>686434
You stay out of sight as Fernald fails to spot you right behind him. You get to work rigging his cybernetics to backfire on your command before taking cover before he can notice what's going on.

The hulking cyborg seems to have lost interest, heading out of the cargo hold and to another part of the ship, presumably the medical bay to treat his injuries. Outside, you can still hear Veta being manhandled by the Diamond Dog space cop pirate.

>>686435
You take the riot shield from the armory. It's not your own trusty shield, and it looks to be in somewhat bad condition, but it'll have to do for now.
>Shield: +1 max hits

>>686430
>>686432
>>686435
From the armory, you can hear the sounds of a struggle nearby. It sounds like Veta's in trouble. There is heavy stomping coming from the area as well, presumably the first mate.

>>686430
>>686432
>>686433
>>686434
>>686435
You all suddenly hear an alarm start to go off, a low, resonant blast like a fog horn, but shorter. From further up in the ship, you hear the rabble of voices and several marching feet coming closer and closer.

 No.686440

>>686439
At this point, Veta growls and tries to go for a graceless headbutt to get out.

>Success Through Failure

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.686441

>>686439
"Bah! This'll do me no good without me claws!"

turning to look deeper into the armory, i try and search for my prosthetic.

"Watch the door, crew!"
[1d10] Search

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.686442

>>686439
Hui pokes around for the party's other things, while the shadows go to look for Veta.

[1d10] looking

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.686443

>>686439
Pyrite frowns a little. The armor he got doesn't quite fit, and the shield's pretty banged up, but both'll do for now. He heads on over to the door, before peaking his head out to look
>Look-See: 1d10

 No.686444

>>686443
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.686445

>>686439

If one were to see Teal right now, they could see she was looking from one side to the other. Shifting her gaze from the absconding minotaur to the sounds of Veta struggling… as if she were having a hard time deciding which way to go.

Ultimately, she turned towards Veta and flew in that direction, the alarm blaring in her ears, reminding her of how little time they had left now..

 No.686446

>>686440
You catch the pirate off guard with a headbutt to the face. He grunts and goes stumbling backwards, finally letting go of you as he rubs his face.

He quickly recovers and puts his fists up defensively, stepping lightly around you before lashing out with two quick punches.

[2d10]

>>686441
You look around, but you can't find your arm. Or any of the party's equipment, for that matter. It must be being held somewhere else.

>>686442
There's no sign of your staff, revolver, or any of your other gear anywhere. As you look around, you accidentally bump your head pretty hard on a low hanging pipe.

The shadows float away and follow the source of the struggling. It's not hard to find her; she is currently facing off against a Diamond Dog pirate, while nearby you can see the first mate trudging away and around a corner. He looks hurt.

>>686442
It's not hard to see what's coming your way. Pirates, ten of them if not more, all armed to the teeth with assorted weaponry. They are coming from one end of the hallway, while the other seems to be open for the party to be able to retreat if they can't stand their ground.

>>686445
You let the minotaur go and move to Veta's side. She seems to be gaining the upper hand in her fight, having just broken free of her attacker's grip. You are behind the pirate, and he has not noticed you there yet.

Roll #1 10, 4 = 14

 No.686447

>>686441
>>686442
>>686443
The footsteps get louder and louder, until eventually you see the pirates gathered at the entrance to the armory. Some of them you've seen before, but for the most part they're unfamiliar. They rapidly raise their weapons at you; guns, for the most part, but some of them have knives as well. "Stand down," one of the pirates at the front commands, a grizzled, one-eyed pegasus with a beard. "We have you outnumbered and surrounded." Pyrite knows that he's bluffing and that they aren't surrounded, judging from what he was able to see just now.

"Lay down your weapons. Now."

 No.686448

>>686446
"Dammit, all I wanted was a damn glass of water or something," she says outloud, trying to use her medical knowledge to exploit pressure points and put him on the ground this time with her in control of the hold.

>Veta Grapple!

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.686449

>>686447
Standing closest to the entrance, i draw myself upright despite missing a hoof, glaring defiantly.

"Aya, ye may have the numbers, but look where we are!" i reply, nodding back towards the weapons. "I've got enough bombs in here to cleave the ship in two! Don't think i won't take you all with me!"
>improvise
[1d10] Conartist

"Now, what say we make a deal: Y'let me crew and i go with that beacon and i'll belay the order to blow this ship in two!"

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.686450

>>686447
"C'mon now, t-that ain't true! Even I'm not bumb 'nough t' believe that, an', well, I'm kinda dumb!" he huffs

 No.686451

>>686450
"W-Why don'tcha jus' buzz off already! We jus' wanna get what we need an' go!" he whinnies, stamping a hoof
>Weak attempt at intimidation [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.686452

>>686446

Seeing the pirate fully engaged with Veta, the Breezie sneaks up on the adversary. Turning on the dueling mode for her energy blade for this incoming encounter, she struck, intent on ending this dogfight.

>Normal weapon attack

>DC reduced by 3 (racial, talent, single weapon tag)
>Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.686453

>>686446
Hui chills and waits for them to reply to the captain.

Meanwhile, his shadow beats up the diamond dog. Pyrite's shadow pulls out the first mate's leg from under him.
[1d10] Hui's
[1d10] Pyrite's

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.686454

>>686452

Proper PC data

 No.686455

>>686448
You try to avoid his first punch, but don't manage to react in time. He knocks you square on your back with a single blow to the jaw. As you lie there seeing stars, it occurs to you that these pirates might have some knowledge of MMA.
>Veta takes 5 hits, helpless

>>686449
He hesitates, reconsidering his actions as he judges you with his one good eye. "I think they want to bargain, bos'n," one of the other pirates says, a tiny little donkey with a surprisingly deep voice. "We ought to take them to the cap'n."

The one-eyed boatswain nods. "Parlay it is, then," he says. "All of you, come with us. We'll take you to the bridge to negotiate with Captain Redgrave. Any sudden moves and we'll shoot you then and there."

>>686450
>>686451
You just get odd looks from the pirates at your little outburst.

>>686452
You see the Dog punch Veta's lights out with a single strike. As he moves over to deliver another beatdown, you act quickly and stab the Dog in the back. He gasps and crumples to the floor without another word.

>>686453
Your shadow moves to attack the pirate, but he suddenly falls to the floor. Behind him is the diminutive Teal Drop, wielding her trusty blade.

Pyrite's shadow goes to attack the minotaur, but is unable to properly ambush him. He grunts in surprise at the sudden attack, lashing out with a powerful kick to his attacker.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.686456

>>686455
Hui's shadow gangs up on the first mate with Pyrite's shadow.
[1d10] H
[1d10] P

>waiting on risky


Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.686457

>>686455
"Ah, much better! Glad t'see we can come to a solution that benefits me this time."

Looking terribly full of myself, i stalk ahead of the pirates, half dragging the plasma rifle behind me.

"Oh, and b'fore ye ask, no i'm not gonna drop the weapon, and yes, the bombs are set remotely. With me giving the word, o'course." i finish, grinning widely. "Best hope yer captain has the beacon."

 No.686458

>>686455
>>686457
Hui shyly walks behind Risky, a bit too closely.

 No.686459

>>686458
"Wait 'til we see the look on that old dog's face! He'll be steaming mad, no doubt."

"Once we see the blasted mutt, i'll kick the next part of me plan into motion."

 No.686460

>>686455
Pyrite huffs a little bit and puffs his cheeks out, before turning to look at Risky "O-Oh! We're gonna talk? That works!"
>>686457
"U-Uhm… if ya'd like, I could cary ya. That looks really cumbersome."

 No.686461

>>686448
>>686456
>>686455

Teal looks over the body of the pirate, making sure that it is down for good, before nodding towards Hui's shadow and turning towards Veta, looking up her condition with a semi-inquisitve, semi-emotionless expression.

"Party's equipment's in that room" - she says pointing towards the right one - "Cracked the crate. Get your comm-link, we'll talk on the way."

As she says that last sentence, she flutters away, after Hui's Shadow. She uses the animated shade to help herself blend in the surroundings.

>defaulting stealth

 No.686462


 No.686463

>>686460
"Bah, it'll be fine! I'm not as old as their captain goes on about, fit enough to haul some unicorn tech around."

"O'course, without me claw it'll be rough firin it, but i'll make do."

 No.686464

>>686459
"Probably shouldn't say that stuff aloud, captain."

 No.686465

>>686464
"Like they can stop me. besides, i'm just after negotiations, right?" i ask, raising my voice while nudging you with my remaining hoof

 No.686466

>>686464
leaning in close, i gesture back towards the trailing pirates.
"Between you and me, Hui, This plan o' mine is probably one of me more dangerous ones. If this goes bad, find Teal. Must've found the way out by now."

"Get the others outta here in one piece, aye?"

 No.686467

>>686463
"I-I mean, if you're sure." he chuffs, before heading on along

 No.686468

>>686466
"Do I get to wear the captain's hat if you die?"

 No.686469

>>686468
"Given you're me second in command, Aye."

 No.686470

>>686455
She shakes off the stars at the punch, now going to be extra careful about doing that in the future. She notices the dog isn't moving, and wonders if she might've hit the wrong pressure points as she injects herself.

>Rejuvenate: DC 4

[1d10+1]

>>686461
As she patches herself up, it is now she finally sees Teal. She's no idiot and pieces together that Teal must've done the actual killing…somehow.
"Oh…well, you just ruined my fantasy," she says to Teal as she jerks her neck to crack her neck.
"But I've always had my comm," she says, tapping on her robo arm, "all they took were my lollipops, but I'm not exactly as hung up about those as my damn pills. Speaking of…."
She searches her person, taking one of the three still left. She groans.
"Forget these guys: the trip home is going to be murder."

"So where exactly is everyone else? I think I'm done doing things solo for awhile."
When she asks that, Teal has done her vanishing act by this point.
"Or do that. Guess I'm still flying solo."

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.686471

>>686469
"Well, having to carry on without you will be extremely painful."

 No.686472

>>686471
"Fer you?"

"You'll be fine, I'm just bein paranoid, better to get it out there, y'know?"

 No.686473

>>686470

Speaking quietly through the comm-link before engaging the minotaur, Teal adds:

"I don't know where the others are. I was assuming you'd be still in the brig. What made you act early?"

 No.686474

>>686472
"Well, I'd feel better knowing your game here. What's the next step of your master plan?"

 No.686475

>>686472
>>686471
"W-Well, I'd definitely feel bad. I'll try m' best t' not lose ya!"

 No.686476

>>686456
Pyrite's shadow dissolves and reappears, avoiding the enormous cyborg's swings and countering with a weighty buck to the chest. The first mate recovers quickly enough, kicking at your own shadow before it can attack.
>Hui's shadow takes 3 hits, currently at 5/3
>Pyrite's shadow is at 18/3

>>686457
As you take a step forward, three of the pirates train their guns on you. The boatswain shakes his head and purses his lips, cocking his own handgun. "Not happening. Put the gun down and tell your lackeys to do the same, or I'll blow your brains out, and all your friends will go with you." Goldie gives you a concerned look, while Rivers slowly tries to back away into a corner.

>>686458
>>686460
The negotiations don't seem to be going as planned. You're starting to get a bad feeling about this.

>>686461
You confirm the kill and give Veta instructions before taking cover on the ceiling, watching Fernald fend off his shadowy attackers.

>>686470
You patch yourself up. Between that and the pill, you feel a little better, but still kind of shitty. Looking around, you see the first mate busy fighting off some shadows, presumably sent by Hui, as well as the open door to the cargo hold. You can hear voices coming from the level below you. It sounds like Risky squaring up with some pirates.

 No.686477

>>686476
The first mate keeps attacking the shadows, focusing more on Hui's by delivering a powerful punch.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.686478

>>686476
They beat up the first mate.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.686479

>>686474
"Why, crashing thi-"

>>686476
Interrupted by the three pirates, i glare at the trio while slowly bringing the rifle up to point.

"..Well now, and here i thought we struck an accord."

in an instant, i brace the rifle on my good shoulder, kick the lever to full and pull the trigger.
[1d10+2] Overconfidence
[1d10] Power blast 3

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.686480

>>686476
Pyrite waits a little while, looking around at the others to try and see what'd be best. When he sees Risky go to shoot, he leaps at the Boatswain and tries to pin him before he can take a chance to shoot!
>Grapple: [1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.686481

>>686476

Teal tiptoes upside down, observing the mage's creations engage the mighty pirate. As it seems to get just the right swing to catch on of them off guard, Teal activates the previously prepared resonance cascade reaction within the minotaur's mechanical workings.

>Calling Sabotage on the first mate's latest roll


With that done, Teal swoops at the minotaur directly from over it, seeking to plant her blade within its flesh.

>Normal weapon attack

>DC reduced by 3 (racial, talent, single weapon tag)
>Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.686482

>>686473
Veta rolls her shoulders.
"Well, they let me out to treat one of their boys. Turns out I gave him the issues of blood incompatibility just by tossing a bin of used needles onto the ground."
She shrugs.
"I honestly had no idea what I was expecting when I did that, but it worked, I suppose. So with the patient stable, I felt thirsty. Next thing I know I had my newest abusive boyfriend try to put his hands on me, but left those obvious tubes of his open for me to rip off. Everything after that was that guy pretending to be a cop."

>>686473
>>686476
"Now, enough with the chit-chat for a bit. Looks like there is still one left," she says looking over at Fernald fighting the shadows off.
"Keep him busy for me, will ya? It's high time I finally bill him."

With the First Mate distracted by combat, Veta walks around and looks to cause further havoc with his tube system by injecting a multitude of her chemicals, like a lethal cocktail injection. She doesn't bother measuring this out: she knew he needed a lot since he was a big guy.

>Make the tube cause harm instead of their original purpose.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686483

>>686476
Hui activates one of the grenades and puts it in one of the pirates' pockets.

[1d10]
[1d4]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.686484

>>686478
Your shadow misses its swing, and Pyrite's shadow manages to hit him fairly hard in its stead.

>>686479
Seeing you hoist up the PEW, all the pirates back away fearfully. As soon as you pull the trigger, a blinding white and purple light flashes from the weapon's muzzle, blinding the pirates momentarily. The entire weapon starts shaking violently, heating up to unbearable levels before emitting a loud hissing sound and a cloud of strangely colored smoke. Unable to hold it any longer due to the burning heat of it, you drop the weapon to the ground. In panic, one of the pirates fires at you, shooting you square in the gut.
>Risky takes 7 hits, helpless

>>686480
You charge at him without warning, only for one of the other pirates to jab you in the side with a taser. You receive a terrible shock, crumpling to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

>>686481
As he goes to swing at the shadow, you activate the rig you'd set up on Fernald's enhancements. He suddenly falls to his hands and knees with a low groan, a thin greyish liquid dripping out of his robotic spine. Seizing the advantage, you swipe in and stab him right between the neck and the shoulder, drawing heavy blood. He thrashes out at you defensively as he tries to get up again.

>>686482
You try to go and poison him, but he won't stand still long enough for you to be able to. You narrowly avoid getting a swing to the face.

>>686483
In the sudden chaos, you think fast and reverse-pickpocket the boatswain, leaving him a deadly gift. You count to ten and back off.

By the time he realizes what's in his pocket, it's too late. The sound of the explosion is deafening, and you get thrown backwards by the force of it, although you remain unharmed. The pirates in your way are all either dead or heavily injured, and there's nothing left of the boatswain save for a few gruesome scraps here and there. The hallway has been reduced to a pile of twisted metal and concrete, and an unidentified gas is leaking from the walls and ceiling. All the lights have gone out as far as you can see, making it difficult to make out what's going on. As far as you can tell, there are about 5 pirates left now, and your companions and yourself remained unharmed, albeit stunned by the explosion.

>>686479
>>686480
>>686483
One of the five remaining pirates lurches away, while the other four do not give up and start attacking. Three of them have guns, while the other is carrying a tire iron.

The one with the tire iron attacks Goldie, who tries to fend him off with her natural claws.
[1d10] Pirate
[1d10] Goldie

The other three shoot at the three of you.

[3d10] vs Risky, Pyrite & Hui

>>686481
>>686482
You are both suddenly knocked off balance by a roaring explosion coming from below. You are shaken momentarily, but remain unharmed.

Half dragging himself away, Fernald tries to escape further into the ship.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 9, 6, 2 = 17 / Roll #4 2 = 2

 No.686485

>>686484
He gives them another grenade. [1d4]

Meanwhile the shadows murderize the first mate. [1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 7 = 7

 No.686486

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686487

>>686484
with the bullet lodging itself in my chest, i hit the deck hard, coughing up blood after collapsing.

"eurgh.. blasted unicorn tech.. can't trust those eggheads fer nothing."

gritting my red-soaked teeth, i try and get back up to react to the incoming pirates
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.686488

>>686484
Pyrite scrabbles up from his heap on the ground and whinnies a little, before throwing himself in front of the Pirate aimed for Risky, taking the shot in her stead. He follows it up with a bodyslam, hoping on his large stature to bowl the pirate over!
>Protect: Risky (Instant)
>Slam: Crits on an 8+ [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.686489

>>686484
"Woah, jeez! Now what?!" Veta calls out as she is rocked by the explosion. But getting her footing back, she sees the First Mate trying to make a break for it.
"Hey, where do you think you're going," she says to him, walking up and blocking his path, "I thought we had something special going on. Or do you not like it when you're the one being knocked around?"

She then punches him in the face, in a similar manner to all the times she got punched by him.
>Single, DC -1
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686490

>>686484

Although one could be tempted to go straight for the kill, Teal did not do that. As the explosion shook the place, she had a brief look around. Expecting company, maybe?

The minotaur was enraged at this point, yet seemingly having quite the amount of strength left. Hence, Teal excercised patience. Kept her distance, flying over the minotaur like a vulture, looking for an opening, as to throw a courtain over scene.

>Stealth

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.686491

The pirate attacking Goldie overpowers her, knocking her to the ground with a painful-looking blow of the tire iron.

>>686485
>>686486
You grab yourself another grenade, running to cover. You're not fast enough, however, and get pummeled by a piece of rubble in the ensuing explosion. You can't hear anything afterwards, and it takes some time for your hearing to come back. The others seem to be in similar situations, in various states of injury. Goldie is flat on her back seeing stars, while Rivers is slumped in a corner shaking his head. On the bright side, the pirates have all been wiped out. There's also a hole in the floor now, leading to the level below you where you could hear Veta from.
>Hui takes 4 hits, helpless

>>686487
Despite your injuries, you pull yourself back up heroically. Pyrite manages to shield you from the second explosion, but you still get all shook up by it.

>>686488
You take two bullets, followed by being swept off your feet by a second grenade explosion. Your head feels light, but you're still kicking.
>Pyrite takes 9 hits total, helpless

>>686489
Predictably, he offers no response. You give him a good faceful of metallic claw. He flinches slightly, but has no other reaction to it.

>>686490
As he fails to get away, you take to hiding again, keeping a watchful eye on the situation.

>>686489
>>686490
You are almost bowled over by a second explosion which causes the ceiling to collapse, leaving a gaping hole between where you are now and the upper level.

Fernald keeps trying to escape, lurching deeper into the ship.

[1d10]

>pausing


Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.686560

Post sheets and let's get started.

 No.686561

File: 1497752960657.jpg (1.11 MB, 1036x1200, 1460119018431.jpg)

>>686560
http://pastebin.com/rjjue7BP

>>686487
"Captain, I really need to know: Was getting caught part of your plan?"

 No.686562

>>686491
https://pastebin.com/EBKvBkJ8

violently shaken from the explosion, i cough as the dust settles and a look down the hole.

"Well now, we've got a clear exit, at least!"
>>686561
"O'course it was!, not gonna let that mutt scar me face without leavin him in pieces!"

"Gather yourselves and lets move, I've got a captain to kill!" I shout, pulling the PEW behind me as i scramble down the hole.

 No.686563

>>686491
https://pastebin.com/E3s5YpWD

"Yea-no. Sorry pal, but I'm billing you for your services. Not sure what kind of girls you've been with that don't charge you for being an outlet for your sadistic punching fetish."
She tries to slow him down by punching him where she previously ripped a bunch of his tubes out.
"Except I add on a 50 percent, half-hourly interest!"

>Single, DC -1

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686564

>>686491
>>686560

https://pastebin.com/TndTEZAb


Teal spread her wings, trying to stablize in the air as the current shook her and send her away. She squinted her eyes, shooting a gaze in the hole's direction, but the fact that the minotaur was attempting to escape apparently made her decide not to head off in that direction just yet. Earlier, she could've let him go, like she attempted, but as he was right now… Teal pursued him, as to finish the job.

>Normal weapon attack

>DC reduced by 3 (racial, talent, single weapon tag)
>Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.686565

>>686491
>>686562
Hui loots the bodies first.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.686566

>>686491
The shadows fuck the minotaur's shit up.
[1d10] Hui's
[1d10] Pyrite's

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.686567

>>686565
Anything that could have been of use was destroyed in the explosions. Most of the armory itself is unsalvageable now.

>>686563
You give him a solid thwack before he pulls himself up. You're not sure you managed to injure him much, although it's hard to tell with how quiet he is.

>>686564
As you see the minotaur rising to his feet, you rush to stab him quickly. Unfortunately, he was able to see you under his long black mask. He lashes out with frightening speed for someone his size, backhanding you with full force and sending you careening into he wall. Stunned by the sudden attack, you plummet to the ground in a daze.
>Teal takes 5 hits, helpless>

>686566

Your shadow lands some solid blows on Fernald, making him stagger. As Pyrite's shadow goes in for a charge, he manages to sidestep it and deliver a solid punch.
>Hui's shadow is at 5/3
>Pyrite's shadow is at 15/3

>>686562
>>686565
You half-drop and half-fall down the newly opened path, landing roughly on a pile of rubble. From here, you can see an open door leading to a room full of crates, presumably the cargo hold. More importantly, Veta, Teal and Hui's shadow minions are at the far end of the corridor, fighting the hulking first mate you've seen a few times now. Neither one seems to have the upper hand just yet.

Goldie and Rivers drop down behind you, the latter very gingerly. It seems like his leg was injured in the explosion, judging from how he's leaning on Goldie. She seems to be shrinking away from him and trying not to breathe in.

 No.686568

>>686567
Seeing reinforcements arrive, Fernald turns tail and starts loping away from the fight.

 No.686569

>>686567
"Bah!, not so tough now that the crew's missin, are ya?"

shouting at him from the other side of the hold, i take aim with the rifle, using my shoulder and my magic to stabilize the weapon, lancing arcs of green energy towards him.
[1d10] Ranged

>>686567
Looking back at the injured dog, i grin. "First taste o combat, eh? Don't worry, ya get used to the pain eventually!"

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.686570

>>686567
The shadows beat up the minotaur.

[1d10] H
[1d10] P

>>686567
Hui attacks the fleeing guy for no real reason, besides seeing the others do it.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 9 = 9

 No.686571

>>686567
Veta was winding up for another punch, but seeing the others finally show up, she gives a huff.
"Oh, well, guess I'll have my people lean on you to collect instead of myself. Have fun, big boy," Veta says and saunters back over to the others.

>>686569
Veta takes one look at Risky and gives a drawn out whistle.
"Sheesh, I'm gone for ten minutes and you get yourself looking like that?"
Before Risky has much of a chance to react, she gives a sharp jab of a needle and injects something much more potent than her little adrenaline shots.
"On the house," she remarks, giving a small slap where she just stuck Risky.

>Rejuvenate, DC 4

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.686572

>>686571
"Bullets t'the chest will do that to ya."

"Looks like ya gave our friend here a thrashing! We get him outta the way and Redgrave'll beg fer mercy!"

 No.686573

>>686567

What happened was exactly what Teal had been cautios to avoid up until one. Reckon one could see it as good fortune that it was only now that it happened. Maybe the blast had something to do with it…

Putting a hoof to her head, Teal tried to regain her bearing from having suffered this powerful blow

>Recovery


[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686574

>>686572
"Teal is the one who has been doing the thrashing. I just tickled his face a bit and ripped those obvious tubes of his out."
There is a slight pause.
"And no, not those tubes, before you say anything."

 No.686575

>>686569
You somewhat awkwardly manage to aim the PEW and fire a fast-moving bright green energy projectile. True to its name, the PEW goes 'pew!' when you fire it. It hits Fernald in the side, leaving a nasty-looking black mark that sizzles and smokes. He lets out a deep growl and buckles from the pain, staggering as he keeps trying to run.

"And last, I hope," he replies through gritted teeth. "This was never part of my job description, damn it."

>>686570
Fernald takes a swing at your shadow before it can strike, dissipating its form momentarily. Pyrite's shadow manages to land a shoulder strike on him while he's distracted. You follow up with a swift kick to the sizzling wound inflicted by Risky. This causes him to finally collapse, sinking to his hands and knees momentarily and halting his escape attempt.
>Hui's shadow is at 0/2

>>686571
Your mechanical claws twitch involuntarily, causing you to merely jab her with the needle rather painfully. Hopefully you'll be able to get better implants at some point.

>>686573
Your head is still spinning from the blow, and you can't get up just yet.

Despite his heavy injuries, Fernald gets back up, this time standing his ground. He stares at the party for a brief moment before barreling forward with his horns down, charging at everyone and everything in his path with a low, powerful roar in a last ditch effort to defend himself.

[1d10+4] Autocrit vs Risky, Veta, Hui and Pyrite's shadow

Roll #1 6 + 4 = 10

 No.686576

>>686575
"Gah! He's barrelin' right for us, move!"

picking up from my firing position, i make a mad dash to evade his charge!
[1d10] Dodge!

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686577

>>686575
"Shit," Veta says, looking at her claws. She then sees the First Mate charge.
"Shit shit shit!"

She gives a quick bit of percussive maintenance to her arm, then attempts to patch up Risky once again.

>+1 from Success Through Failure

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.686578

>>686575
Hui and Pyrite's shadow punch the guy through the floor.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.686579

>>686577
"watch where yer pokin those needles o yours, that last one ya just stabbed me with!" i shout as i try to roll out of the Minotaur's way.

 No.686580

>>686578
[1d10] Hui's shadow gets up

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686581

>>686579
"Well maybe if you took it easy, you'd have something other than me poking you. Now hold still before he's the last one to really poke you."

 No.686582

>>686575

"Ugh…"

Teal could see the minotaur, bulldozing through the party. No wonder now it stood its ground, what with the Breezie down, right…?

That beast had to be contained. Perhaps seeing her duty in needing to help out the fresh recruits or maybe just wishing to finish her business here, Teal tried to steady herself for the task at hoof.

>Recovery


[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.686583

>>>686577
You very quickly recalibrate your implants before giving Risky another shot, this time revitalizing her somewhat.

>>686576
>>686577
>>686578
You all get trampled into the ground by the gigantic charging beast, left battered and broken by the rampage. Your heads feel light, and you feel like you might have broken something.
>Risky, Veta and Hui take 5 hits, all helpless

>>686578
Pyrite's shadow meets the minotaur head on, retaliating to the incoming minotaur with a charge of its own. The two titans collide with a resonant crash, leaving Pyrite's shadow faltering and Fernald teetering on his feet.
>Pyrite's shadow is at 9/3

>>686580
Your shadow fails to reform itself for now.

>>686582
You manage to get back up, still dizzy but ready to keep on fighting for now.

Exhausted from his mounting wounds and the sudden outburst, Fernald collapses onto the pile of rubble, still alive and kicking but heavily weakened. He tries to get back up to keep fighting for his life.
[1d10]

Goldie acts quickly, running over to Risky and trying to help her back up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.686584

>>686583
I briefly feel relief from Veta's serum before being battered by the Minotaur's hooves.

seeing red, i try and force myself up with my good front hoof.
"Blasted bull, right when i was feelin better.."
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.686585

Hui and his shadow gets up.

[1d10]
[1d10]

Pyrite's shadow stomps on Fernald's head. [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 4 = 4 / Roll #3 4 = 4

 No.686586


 No.686587

>>686583
Veta looks dazed for a moment as she rubs her eyes with her metal claw, feeling like she got hit by a freight truck.
"Good…grief. Don't make me rip those tubes out of you again," she remarks, trying to get back up.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.686588

>>686583

Taking her time, Teal slowly approaches the minotaur from a malicious vector. Her blade ignited, ready to deliver the finishing blow.

>Stealth

>DC reduced by 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.686589

>>686584
With Goldie's help, you manage to pull yourself up, ready to keep fighting.

>>686585
You get back up, feeling much worse for wear. Your shadow is still wavering, while Fernald manages to clunkily avoid getting struck by Pyrite's shadow.

>>686587
You manage to get back on your feet, your head spinning out of control.

>>686588
You avoid Fernald's notice by sticking to the ceiling again, blending in with the shadows.

Enraged by the party's perseverance, Fernald roars again as he swings at Risky and Veta with his fists.

[1d10+2] vs Risky

[1d10+2] vs Veta

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 10 + 2 = 12

 No.686590

>>686589
"Not this time!"

rushing towards the minotaur, i overcharge the rifle, planting a shot as close to point blank as i can land!
[1d10+2] overconfidence
[1d10] Power blast 1

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.686591

>>686589
Veta rubs her brow as she gets back up, just in time to see a fist coming her way. She just has an annoyed look and promptly injects herself, preparing for that familiar sensation she's felt maybe three or four time today.

>Rejuvenate

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.686592

>>686589
>6/4
Hui punches Fernald again. [1d10]
Pyrite's shadow does the same. [1d10]
Hui's shadow gets up. [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 10 = 10 / Roll #3 9 = 9

 No.686593

>>686589

Teal fell.

From the above, as per her namesake.

A single, silent, deadly Teal Drop.

>Normal weapon attack

>DC reduced by 3
>Autocrits

 No.686594

>>686593

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.686595

>>686591
You quickly inject yourself with a numbing agent to lessen the pain. It helps somewhat, but you still get knocked square off your feet from the tremendous blow. It actually sends you flying a few meters, and you hit the back of your head on the wall as you collapse. Your nose is throbbing, and you can taste blood. Feels fractured. You could really go for a drink right about now.
>Veta takes 6 hits, helpless at 0/3 due to heal

>>686592
Your punch doesn't have much of an impact. Pyrite's shadow manages to stun him momentarily, however, bucking him square in the chest and sending him staggering backwards.

>>686593
>>686594
You sink your blade deep into Fernald's back, in the area between the neck and the collarbone. You pierce him down to the bone, removing it with a dramatic spurt of blood. He makes a horrible strangled sound and sinks to his knees.

>>686590
You manage to dodge his attack, only getting clipped across the ears by his swing. Seeing him fall to Teal's stab, you take the opportunity and rush towards him, jamming the rifle into his chest and pressing him against the pile of rubble. As you crank the weapon up to maximum, Fernald makes eye contact, raising two fingers up to his eyes then pointing at you.

There is a blinding flash of white and purple light and a dull boom as you pull the trigger. Thick smoke and an indescribable smell quickly fill the corridor, and when it clears you can see a gruesome, smoldering hole in Fernald's chest, piercing all the way through to the other side.

>>686591
>>686592
>>686593
>>686594
Goldie cautiously emerges from the cargo hold, covering her mouth and trying not to gag at the smell and sight of the dead body. "Oh damn. Good work I guess. He's not coming back from that one. …I think I've found our stuff," she says urgently. "And some medical supplies too. We shouldn't linger. More pirates will be coming at any minute."

 No.686596

>>686595
The rifle red hot from the firing, i hold it away from myself with my magic as i inspect my work, taking a seat and rubbing my ear with my good hoof.

"…Well, that'll take care of 'im."

perking up at the mention of our supplies, i make my leave of the minotaur and head toward the cargo.
"Good work! High time i get me talons back, all this runnin without me leg is a real strain on me back!"

 No.686597

>>686595

Having used the blade within the minotaur as a grip as to not be sent flying from the plasma rifle's shock, Teal flies away now, resting at an eye-level of the crew. She pays brief respects to the brave minotaur, turning towards him briefly before addressing the party:

"Goldie is right. Cracked the crate prior to your arrival. Take your pick and let's get a move on."

 No.686598

>>686595
Veta stays sitting for a bit, groaning a bit as she touches her face and gives a hissing inhale when it inevitably stings.
"Please tell me you've found some hard liquor while you were there," she says, standing up shakily. She looks over at Fernald's body, smirking a bit through the pain.
"Told ya they'd collect for me," she says seemingly to the body.

>>686596
>>686597
>>686592
"Guess I'm gonna have to owe you all for bailing my ass out now, I guess," she says with a slight laugh, this being as close to a thank you as Veta may give out as she jabs Risky again.

>out of combat Rejuvenate

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.686599

>>686595
After looting the corpse, Hui promptly forgets about things and moves along. [1d10]

>>686597
"Go ahead and show us to where the stuff is."

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.686600

>>686598
"Ah, can hardly be called a captain if leave half me crew behind now, can i?"

"You'll be payin that debt off by helpin us get outta here, Redgrave won't hold back, now that we've offed his first mate.

 No.686601

>>686596
>>686595

In the meantime, Teal flies over to the rifle, taking a few glances at the experimental construct.

>Engineering


[1d10]

>>686599
>>686595

The Breezie does as Hui asks of her, leading back to where the crate was - assuming Goldie didn't drag it out here. All the while, she looks around. Reinforcements could be due soon.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686602

>>686600

"Last time, our meeting was cut short. I asked a question - was the alarm that blared back then one of you or was it them, finding out about the bombs?"

 No.686603

>>686600
"Oh yeah, him. Forgot he existed for a bit there. Well good thing I'm a trained surgeon, since he'll need a new anus when I shove that crowbar up his original ass."

 No.686604

>>686602
"The alarm?"

"Hmm.. the lot of us were in the bridge at the time, seems like they coulda found yer bombs from earlier."

"Y'did plant em, right? Made a lot o' threats that we had em ready to blow back there."

 No.686605

>>686604

Teal squints her eyes.

"I did. Within the trail of vessels I've made ghost ships, that's a new record, I'll give them that… reckon their captain didn't fall for the decoy, did he?"

 No.686606

>>686599
You don't manage to find much, save for some broken glass vials. They seemed to have contained a substance similar to what was flowing through his cybernetic spine.

>>686598
You give Risky another shot, healing her up somewhat.
>Risky is at 5/3

>>686601
You make sure to keep your distance from it for now, seeing as it is still cooling off. From what you can glean, the PEW has a central plasma core that powers the rifle's shots. It is regulated by a knob on the side which controls the core's output. Setting it at minimum wouldn't do much more than a cigarette lighter, while a PEW set to maximum power can have terrible results, as you just witnessed.

>>686596
>>686598
>>686599
You move into the dingy cargo hold, now even more run-down by the grenade explosions from up above. Goldie is reluctantly patching up Rivers' leg injury, while he just seems to be grumbling indistinctly. You quickly locate your equipment in one of the crates and get geared up with all of your personal effects.

>pausing

 No.686607

>>686605
"Aye, even threw in the ol' teary-eyed sob story, didn't phase 'im."

 No.686608

>>686607

"Interesting. Would've sworn the time between you, meeting the captain and them, searching the station for the decoy at the far end of it should've been greater than that…"

 No.686609

>>686608
"eh, I probably didn't help too much. Can't remember much right now, though. Feels like I went five rounds with a boxer made of tank flesh……oh yeah…."

 No.686610

>>686608
"Might've had a faster way to get around, not like i know." I reply, shrugging as i re-attach my hoof.

 No.686611

>>686610

"Fair enough" - Teal nods - "I believe you did what you could at the time, Risky."

>>686609

"Yes, you… took a pounding there. One of the reasons I've decided to drop the veil out there, when I happened to see you from the cargo hold. You're one tough Diamond Dog, Veta. More so than many of these here, at least."

 No.686612

>>686611
"Nah, I'm just a stupid good doctor is all. Emphasis on the 'stupid' part, maybe. So you find out anything juicy while sneaking around? I just know this place has one of the worst medbays I have ever seen. The fact there even is a healthy crew is a miracle itself."

 No.686613

>>686612

"If you say so. In fact, I did… see, at least in this part of the ship, the sectors are powered by nodes that I can access and should be able to disable at will. I was thinking about disabling this whole sector right now, with the exception of, perhaps, one route that we would be taking, as to slow the enemy's advance while not hampering us. What do you say?"

 No.686614

>>686613
"Aye, if y'think ye can make it back in time, see if those nodes can be shut off. We'll be fightin our way to the bridge, rejoin further in when ye can."

 No.686615

>>686613
>>686614
"Or we can bolt now. Call it doctor's intuition, but I think we'll see Redgrave on our way out. Likely flaunting what we're after to goad us into staying and fighting him or whatever. He seems like that kind of dog."

 No.686616

>>686615

"If that was indeed the case… wouldn't it have been even better to cut him off from the rest of his crew?"

Teal looks her over, dripping with crimson liquids.

"Good thing you dealt with those pirates in the bay there. I'm gonna need some corpses for a bloodbath asap…"

 No.686617

>>686615
Extending my talons, i close my grip tightly in anger.

"No. I'm not aobut t'turn tail and hope he'll show us the door. I told the lot of em i'll take this ship if they came aboard the station, I'll not risk losin the chance if Redgrave decides t'hide under the table."

"I'll claw me way to the bridge, he's sure t'be there waiting!"

 No.686618

>>686616
"Well be careful not to get any of that blood in you. Already treated one guy for having the wrong blood type put in him. Granted, that was my fault back on the station, but still; we're a long way from a hospital."
Veta is also dripping with crimson liquids. More than likely her own.

>>686617
Veta gives a sigh.
"And that's why I put on your medical file that you're a masochist to help cover up all your pirating injuries whenever you were treated by me. Glad to see another joke come true."
She stretches her back a bit.
"Alright then, but if we're doing this, we're doing it smart. Find a bottleneck somewhere here and let them funnel in 'cause it seems like the big guy and Redgrave are the only smart ones in their crew. And one of them looks like he got a botch bariatric procedure right now."

 No.686619

>>686618
"Not sure how much of a ship we're fightin through, but we'll find a way. Bound t'be a place to hold on route t'the bridge."
"With me new toy, courtesy o'their armory, we'll carve our way there in no time."

 No.686620

>>686617

The breezie seem to pay attention to the claws being shut, just as Risky's determination seems to close on on the objective.

"That's doable, if somewhat challenging. Admittedly, I was planning on letting you out after poisoning the crew's shared meal and assasinating the captain, so that we would attempt the breakout when they're disorganized and writhing in pain. While I see leaving the captain to you might've been the right thing to do after all, I wonder why did you start fleeing so quick. Preemptively, from my point of view."

>>686618

"Understood. I'll keep that concern in mind. As to not cloud your conscience and fill up the job graphic, I'll confess I'm yet to sustain an open wound on board this vessel. Honestly, these pirates seem to have been taking after their first mate in that regard."

She turns towards all of them here and continues:

"That being said… that bloodbath's rather necessary, I'm afraid. Unless any of you has alcohol or somehting like that. This ship's full of Diamond Dogs and while they may not have realized it yet, they could've been most suited for tracking me, given some circumstances. Prior to coming here I have covered my odour with a layer of fluids, but at the moment, I'm yet to rid myself of this minotaur's smell… doubt the captain wouldn't recognize his first mate with his nose… or what's left of him, once that realization comes."

She nods at Veta's suggestion regarding the passage.

"That sounds reasonable enough. Unless they have flamethrowers, of course."

 No.686621

>>686620
"We were outta time, Redgrave already took Veta t'fix one o'their crew, we'd be next if i hadn't broken the lock."

 No.686622

>>686619

"Actually, given the byzanthine construction of their ship, we just might… assumming that rifle of yours was what tore through the ceiling. Was it?"

 No.686623

>>686622
"Hui blasted the armory apart with one o'their grenades, Pyrite blocked the blast but it nearly took me other hoof!"

"Glad t'see you two were outta blast range, I was half sure the rest o'the armory'd blow with it!"

 No.686624

>>686620
"To be honest, I think they're more likely to find a way to blow up their fuel tank than be able to torch us."

 No.686625

>>686621

"I see… yeah, seeing Veta out there was calling out, alright. Good work."

>>686623

"Yes, though we did still feel the effects. After it unbalanced me, that was actually the first time the minotaur got to touch since we first met… glad you came, nonetheless. Reckon it would take a while to take care of him without reinforcements. It was one tough guy, no wonder he got to be the first mate. Shame there was little time to examine him. Was looking forward to reprogramming him, in case the cyberware was extensive enough…" - the breezie trails off at that, seemingly thinking back. She comes back after a while, adding:

"Least they won't be making use of that armoury anymore."

>>686624

"Hmm… not sure if to feel glad or worried in regards to that. I reckon at the very least they wouldn't have been manning any flamers at the ready. Reckon whatever they had could've just gone with their armoury… assuming it was the only one."

 No.686677

Last time on BWB, the party managed to finally reunite, battling and eventually defeating the monstrous first mate Fernald. With him out of the way, the party also managed to gather their equipment from the cargo hold, now all geared up and ready to rumble!

As you reequip your trusty gear, Goldie finishes patching up Rivers' leg and starts looking around the cargo hold for anything of interest, eventually grabbing a data pad. "Found a map," she reports. "Should help us get out of here. Hm… Looks like we're pretty close to their security room. We could head there, send the good captain a little message from us, maybe monitor the ship some to see what areas are defended. …They've also got a docking bay, it seems. We might be able to hijack one of their smaller cruisers when we escape, provided we can get there alive. There's also the bridge. Imagine we'll have to go there if we want to get the Beacon off of Redgrave. We have a clear shot at it from here, but we'd have to go through the main hold. It's sure to be swarming with pirates."

"Whatever our next move is, we should grab what we can from here and run. Not safe to be staying in one place for too long."

 No.686678

>>686677
https://pastebin.com/E3s5YpWD

Veta also looks around the cargo hold, a curious look on her face at what may be around as she opens whatever unlocked containers she can find and peers inside.

"Well, I don't think splitting again will be a good idea. Hmm…."
She ponders a bit.
"Anywhere else on that map worth noting? Maybe send them somewhere that'll take a while to get there, as well as back."

 No.686679

File: 1498360084800.png (691.91 KB, 1397x920, Risky Maali.png)

>>686677
https://pastebin.com/EBKvBkJ8

Grinning after reattaching my prosthetic, i sweep around and nod to the Griffon.

"Aye, we'd best be heading to that security room, got a message for ol' Redgrave."

"Warned the dog i'd take his ship, high time i make good on that promise!"

 No.686680

>>686678
>commencing the lootings
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.686681

File: 1498360202547.jpg (487.25 KB, 940x2296, 1494112900453.jpg)

>>686677
https://pastebin.com/rjjue7BP

>sacrificing own shadow to restore full hits and 1 wound


Hui pecks around the cargo hold to look around for useful things. [1d10]

>>686679
>>686678
"Hey Veta, can you fix our injuries before we move on? We killed a lot of people to get here."

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.686682

>>686677
seeing the others busy themselves with looting, i follow suit.

"Hmm.. wonder if they've got spoils from their last raid round here?"
[1d10] Looting

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.686683

>>686681
"Gladly, but this thing is a 'vintage' hunk of junk. As much as I love seeing your faces when I jab you, gotta wait for this to refill and pop the used syringe out after each use."
She sighs.
"They can put ponies in another galaxy…." She trails off with a grumble.

 No.686684

>>686677

"About the beacon being on Redgrave… I'm somewhat worried that he might be just carrying a decoy around. Showing off to the party it's in his pocket as a play to try and get me to make a move for it. In any case, I reckon we should refrain from finishing him off before Rivers confirms it's the real deal."

She comes over to Goldie, in order to take a look at the map of the area and memorize it somewhat. At the very least, locate where they are and what their surrondings - especially those leading to the brige - look like. She makes plans regarding which way would be the optimum chokehold for the party to move through if she were to disable the rest via the energy node.

"I'd advise against contacting the captain. Reckon they would pinpoint our location if we do so. As for the escape route.. I don't think ensuring we can hijack one of their cruisers is what we should be trying to do right now. Time is of essence and if we tarry, there will be pirates swarming all over. Reckon the bay is where they'd be expecting us to be, given the difference in numbers between us and them - thinking we'd want to escape right away. If we take advantage of that, we can focus on our party's mobility and push towards the bridge while their forces are scattered."

>Teal doesn't go for the looting as to save time

 No.686685

>>686684
"Hmm, ye got a good point there, best to make for the bridge soon as we can."

 No.686686

>>686683
"They can!"

 No.686687

>>686678
>>686680
You have a quick look around to see what you can find. You manage to scavenge 35 florins worth of loose change, a large tube of industrial strength glue, and a half-empty bottle of expensive whiskey.

"Well, there was the armory," Goldie replies with a shrug as she taps away on the datapad. "We could also get to the engine room from here, and the dormitories. Could be something worth taking in there. We could also get to the primary airlock via the docking bay, and bypass the main hold by entering via the secondary airlock, which would put us right under the bridge. They do have turrets on the outside of their ship, so it'd be pretty risky. Could blow us to smithereens at any moment."

>>686679
>>686682
You find 12 florins, but not much else apart from a tragically faded pair of fuzzy pink dice. Seems like the pirates have been falling on hard times.

>>686681
You find 23 florins and a pack of cigarettes.

>>686684
"It wouldn't surprise me if he was just taunting you with the real thing," she replies. "Redgrave's had run-ins with us at the Company before. He's an arrogant bastard, and not as smart as he thinks he is."

"You do have a point, though. We probably don't want them to know where we are. Maybe if we could cause some sort of diversion, we could give them the slip. Still, if nothing else, we should head for security to assess where they're all at."

>>686678
>>686679
>>686681
>>686684
You can hear faint footsteps in the distance. "Here comes the vanguard," Goldie says grimly as she helps Rivers get up. He seems to be in a pretty poor state, and unable to walk on his own. "We either hold our ground, or make a break for it while we still can. Either way, less talking and more action." She rears up onto her back legs, supporting Rivers with one arm while pulling out a pistol with the other, looking to you all for the next step in the plan.

 No.686688

>>686687

"I recommend going, but do what you please. I'll try and hold them off or at least part their forces using the node. I'll catch up to you later."

With that, the Breezie flies briefly towards one of the bodies around the place, takes a quick dip in the blood of the fallen, as to get rid herself of Fernald's smell as she intended and bolts for energy node.

 No.686689

>>686686
Veta smirks as she holds the glue, and pockets the whiskey. She may want this later.
"Hmm…decisions, decisions. Oh, not where to go: who to stick next. As for where to go: how about we get running and talk along the way?"

>>686688
A look of realization comes across her face.
"Oh, now I know who to jab. Hold still really quick," she says and gives Teal a light prick and an adjusted amount to account for her small size.

>Rejuvenate, DC 4

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.686690

>>686687
"Bah! This place isn't fit fer combat, too open."

"Guide us to that security room then, we'll need a better idea of what we're fightin here."

 No.686691

>>686681
>forgot to fluff the sacrifice
You thump your staff on the ground. With that command, the shadow shudders, moves to your side and lies inert, as a shadow should.

 No.686692

>>686687
>>686689
Hui summons his shadow again. [1d10+1]

"Well, be sure to get the captain next," he says as he watches Teal get got.

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.686693

>>686690

Teal pauses for a while just so at allow Veta to tend to her.

"Appreciated. See you soon."

 No.686694

>>686692
>>686690
"Oh, don't worry. That crazy broad is next," she says with a smirk, even with Risky right there, "though gotta give her a break. Too much could cause a sort of…dependency."

>>686693
"Don't die out there," she says with a half-hearted wave of her arm.

 No.686695

>>686693
"Aye, but be careful! We just met up again, don't let some pirate squish ya!"

 No.686696

>>686688
You only succeed in covering yourself with blood. You look like something straight out of a horror movie, or at least you would if you weren't so tiny. The smell is enough to make anyone sick.

With a quick jab from Veta for good luck, you fly up into a nearby vent and follow the intricate wiring until you get to the nearest node, which presumably powers the cargo hold. It is a cylindrical object with several wires connected at its base, having several ringed tiers running all the way up to its top. It is much larger than you are, and you're not quite sure how to disable it. You could always just try blowing it up, but that may not work out well for you.
>roll for Engineering
>if attacking, roll to dodge

>>686689
You prepare one of your now-famous all-purpose medicinal shots, healing up Teal before she vamooses.
>Risky is at 5/4

>>686690
She nods, struggling to carry her burden. "This way then. I think. Let's hope Teal can do something about our pursuers."

>>686692
With another wave of your staff, you resummon your shadow to your side. It detaches itself from you with a soft sighing sound, standing idly as it awaits further instruction.
>Hui's shadow is at 12/3

>>686689
>>686690
>>686692
Following Goldie, you hurriedly make your way away from the cargo hold and closer to the bridge, ducking off into another cobbled-together corridor and entering the security room. It's not much to look at, a dimly lit room with a huge monitor containing camera feeds of the entire ship. There is also an intercom, which is presumably a PA system for the entire ship. Notably, on the floor is a semi-conscious pirate, lying in a puddle of what looks like coffee. He tries futilely to get up, groaning.

Goldie gingerly steps over the hapless pirate and helps Rivers get seated in a nearby chair before examining the monitors. You can see that the ship is crawling with pirates. At least a dozen have been sent out to the cargo hold where you just were, and ten more are guarding the entrance to the docking bay and the engine room respectively. The medical bay and living quarters are abandoned. A huge barricade has been set up protecting the main hold and the bridge. You can see Redgrave barking orders to his men, as well as some sort of large transparent cube shaped container on a pedestal next to him.

"Hm… We're not getting in there without a fight," Goldie muses. "And it looks like they have the Beacon well protected," she adds, pointing out the transparent container. "We either fight our way through or find a way to smoke them out. Maybe if we used the airlock somehow? But it's probably controlled from the bridge itself… Don't suppose any of you have any ideas?"

"Well first things first," Rivers growls. "I need a doctor. We have a doctor. How about you give me one of those shots already?" he says to Veta. "It's not like she did much to help," he says, nodding at Goldie. "Should've gotten an expert to help me from the start." She just fumes and tries to ignore the ill-tempered scientist, trying to come up with a battle plan.

 No.686697

>>686696
"Hmm."

"See any side paths from that monitor o' yours? Some place they forgot?"

"Not likin the odds of a straight charge, though it looks like that'll be our way in."

 No.686698

>>686696
"Bah! Quite yer whinin, be glad they didn't kill ya outright, musta thought ye would make a good bargainin chip."

 No.686699

>>686696

Teal walks around the node, carefully examining it. She had no intention of crudely disabling it if she could help. However, the time set the limit on what she could do…

Hopefully her expertise would allow her to grasp the construct's workings while it still held meaning..

>Engineering


[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.686700

>>686696
>>686697
"What can I do to help, captain? Any plans yet?"

 No.686701

>>686696
Veta gives Rivers a smug smirk.
"Ya know, I did have a spiffy little triage system going. And you were next to get jabbed."
She gives him a shrug, still smirking.
"But, since you had to go and be an impatient little baby; now my assessment of your condition has improved, meaning you're now a lower priority than before."
She yawns.
"Plus, on cooldown, so you'd have to wait otherwise. For now…."
She takes out the whiskey and arm produces a few substances and mix together to form a sort of malleable gel, the same color as the bottle. She tries to replicate the bottle's shape, and even add in some liquid for extra realism. Perhaps this could be used to distract the pirates in some way.

>Cast Mold: Forge a fake duplicate of an item with plaster, iron, or whatever is available.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.686702

>>686700
"Hmm.. Think ye can send yer shadows out to spy on Redgrave? Better we hear his plan straight from his dumb face rather than guess what's comin."

 No.686703

>>686702
>>686696
"Okay, you got it."

He sends Pyrite's shadow along the ground, having it blend in with the ambient shadows of the pirate ship, to spy on Redgrave.

 No.686704

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.686705

>>686697
She taps her chin for a moment before looking over her datapad again. "Well, there is a lower deck we could pass through and go up onto the bridge from. …Looks like it's guarded as well, although not as much as the main hold admittedly. You could fight your way through, but bear in mind you'd be coming out into the middle of the barricade on the bridge. Might be worth the risk if we can have them distracted by something else when we pop up…"

>>686699
You gingerly step around the contraption, tentatively trying to disable it by pulling out one of the cables. This proves to be a tactical error, as you are painfully shocked by who knows how many volts that make your body seize involuntarily. The smell of acrid smoke fills the tiny vent quickly, and you soon hear a low humming sound before being plunged into total darkness. You hear sudden cries of confusion and anger from the pirates below you. You were almost electrocuted to death and your head feels light, but at least it worked, and you know not to do that again. However, now you can't see anything at all, and getting around will be much more difficult without a light source. Luckily, you are always prepared for such a situation.
>Teal takes 2 wounds
>power to the cargo hold disabled

>>686701
He looks indignant. "Excuse me? Might I remind you that I'm your employer! I demand you do your job properly!"

You try and make a replica whiskey bottle, but it only ends up looking like a sixth grader's arts and crafts project. It soon falls apart into a greyish white sludge of dubious chemical composition.

>>686703
The larger of the two shadows blends in effortlessly with its surroundings, slinking along through the main hold unseen by any of the dozens of pirates standing guard and making its way to the bridge. This area of the ship is in very good condition compared to the rest, as if it had been taken from a completely different ship and attached to the rest of the vessel. Pyrite's shadow can see and hear Redgrave talking on a commlink, presumably to one of the other groups of pirates dispatched across the ship. Redgrave is standing at the front of the bridge, guarding the white pedestal from the camera feed. Inside is the Beacon, hovering in place. More importantly, behind Redgrave is what appears to be an enormous suit of armor, cobbled together from scrap and made for battle. It looks like he's prepared for a fight.

"D-Squad, what's going on down there? …Must've been that Breezie. Keep your eyes peeled. …What?" His face turns to stone. "Fernald? Are you sure? …I understand. Half of you hold your positions until further notice, one quarter of you sweep from Cargo up to Security, the other quarter head for the living quarters. Those bastards could be anywhere. Get this ship under control. Now."

>>686697
>>686699
>>686701
"Well, wherever you head next, I think we'll be staying here," Goldie says. "I'll keep the door magnetically sealed so no one can get in, and keep watching the monitors and let you know what's coming your way via commlink. We'll just slow you down if we keep following behind. Besides, don't think he'll be much of a threat," she adds, poking the groaning security guard. "We'll get through this."

 No.686706

>>686705
"That'll have to do, Better a band of pirates than a horde of em." I reply, nodding grimly.
"where's that access point fer the lower deck? Best get moving before they spot us."

"..Oh! mind recordin a message to play when we get movin? Got a few words to say to that Dog.."
>>686704
"Hui, those shadows o yours find somethin?"

 No.686707

>>686705
Veta gives a groan. Not at Rivers, more at the odd sludge now in front of her.
"Jeez, I was so…focused. And your belly aching ruined that focus," she says, poking the sludge.
"Besides, might I remind you that employers typically stay in a bar and wait for results. Where it is safe."
She rummages through her pocket, taking out one of her mini-shots and placing it in his lap.
"Here, just so you aren't a nuisance for Goldie while we're gone, something to dull the pain. The good stuff," she says, patting her arm, "I need to save the good stuff for the people who are actually doing something. So unless you've got some ace up your sleeve you're not telling us about, none of Mama Veta's Super Health Juice for you."
She gives a huff as she scraps the sludge back up, putting it in a container so it doesn't clog her joints.
"One for you too," she says, handing another one to Goldie, "since you didn't ask and are, literally, pulling more than just your weight."

After that, Veta prepares to follow the party when they leave the room.

>>686706
Veta waits for Risky to start the recording before coming up and giving her an injection without warning.

>Rejuvenate, DC 4

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.686708

>>686705
>>686706
"I dunno."

Pyrite's shadow looks around for a way to open the airlock, and if possible, opens it.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.686709

>>686705

The Breezie curled up as the intense pain traversed every nerve of her body. The searing sensation was overbearing, as she was left speechless by the overwhelmed by it. It took her a good while to get herself to move even slightly, her heart pounding, her breath unsteady.

"Cargo area… disabled" - she muttered in the commlink through nearly-gritted teeth, trying hard not to sound pained.

Grimacing, seeing no technical safety plackets from the blasted ship-fusing pirates, she turned on her light, slowly crawling through the vent. Later, possibly walking, yet bracing herself against the wall every now and then.

She listened in to the pirates' conversation nearby as she did so. Feeling her body aching all over, she grimaced at the thought of combat.

She kept herself mindful of the fact that in the darkness, a light coming out of an airvent might be well indicative of her presence. Hence, she kept the beam close to her as she walked and on output close to minimum.

She slowly made her way towards the party.

>defaulting stealth

 No.686710

>>686709
"Teal? You're gone five minutes and ye sound like ya had a run in with death! What's going on?" i reply into my comms.

 No.686711

>>686710

Teal sighs.

"I had. I'd argue that this ship is more of a safety hazards that the pirates themeselves. At least it's been this way for me. Don't mind me though. The pirates have been stopped. Press on."

 No.686712

>>686711
"Aye, thank ye fer that. We've spotted a route through the lower decks, headin to the bridge. If ye can, make yer way there, we'll be right with ya."

 No.686713

>>686712

"Understood, Risky. En route."

 No.686714

>>686706
She nods. "You should be able to access it from a ladder in the corridor outside and to the right. Take care though. There are a lot of them."

She blinks at your request, but moves aside to let you use the intercom after pressing a few buttons on it. "Knock yourself out," she shrugs. "I'll play it back once you leave. Rattle his nerves some, I reckon."

"Oh, and here. I think you'll be needing these." She passes you four first aid kits. "Managed to salvage them from the cargo hold. Perfect for any occasion."
>First aid kit x4: automatic; Heals for full hits and 1 wound. Consumed upon use.

>>686707
The sludge trembles ominously as you poke it and scrape it up. You don't even want to know what it's made of.

He takes the shot begrudgingly. "If it weren't for me," he retorts, "you wouldn't be getting paid for any of this. So watch your mouth."

You jab Risky in the foreleg with your injection, patching her up as only you can.
>Risky is at 5/4

>>686708
Pyrite's shadow spots a lever on the airlock marked "DANGER, DO NOT PULL". Ignoring the several pirates around the airlock, it makes a beeline for the lever. A sudden commotion bursts out as one of the pirates, a burly-looking earth pony with a five o' clock shadow and a beanie, gives Pyrite's shadow a good uppercut. Two more pirates spring to their companions' side, and Redgrave yells something indistinctly in the background.
>Pyrite's shadow takes 3 hits, now at 6/3
All three pirates try to take the shadow down, attacking it with punches, kicks and headbutts.
[3d10]

>>686709
Keeping an ear on the pirates, you hear one of them reporting the sudden outage to Redgrave, along with Fernald's death.

You keep your flashlight on and make your way through the ventilation system, occasionally ducking out to check your surroundings until you eventually make your way into the security room, where your companions await. "Damn," Goldie remarks as you enter the room from above. "What happened to you?"

>>686706
>>686707
>>686708
>>686709
"Well, looks like we're splitting up again. I'll hold the fort and keep you up to date. If you've got anything you want to say to Redgrave, spit it out now. Oh, and I can rig this to play them some music, if you've got anything in mind. If not I'll choose something myself. Can't hurt to set the mood for this lot, right?" She grins, but it fades somewhat as you all see a commotion break out on one of the monitors. It seems like one of Hui's shadows is picking a fight with some pirates.

"Well there's a distraction if ever you needed one. Say what you want then go. And good luck, team. I know you can do it!"

Roll #1 1, 10, 4 = 15

 No.686715

>>686714
Hui's shadow pulls the lever. [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686716

>>686714
"Aye, i'll say me bit and get movin, keep an eye out fer reinforcements."

Clearing my throat, i nearly start recording before yelping in surprise as i'm shot with a needle. Throwing a glaring glace backward, i restart the recording.

"Redgrave! If ye think you got rid o' me so quick after that armory scuffle, ye got another thing comin!"

"Aye, was me that blew yer armory t'pieces, and Aye, was me that blew yer first mate t'pieces. Went down like a sac of flour that one, seems yer whole crew was bottom o'the barrel stuff."

"I made a promise to ye back on the station, interfere and i take yer ship, and i don't make a promise i won't keep. So come on then, Dog! Bring yer crew t'bare and I'll show ye how an 'old spacer' fights!"

flicking the recording off, i Nod contently.
"There, that'll get 'im riled up."
taking the medkits, i make for the corridor.
"Now then, lets move."

 No.686717

>>686714
"I could do that, or you could do some research on who you're hiring next time," she quips back, stretching both arms upwards as a few pop/crack noises come from her shoulders, "I prefer the second option. Easier for me."

>>686714
>>686716
Veta just has a big smirk from the yelp, but lets Risky finish undisturbed. Once done, she follows Risky out.
"Sure, not like I'm doing anything else at the moment."

 No.686718

>>686714
Hui follows along with Risky.

 No.686719

>>686717
"Will ye ever warn me when you're stickin me with those needles o'yours?"

 No.686720

>>686719
"And ruin the surprise? Surely you jest."

 No.686721

>>686714

Teal responds to Goldie's query somewhat quickly and slightly revaling of the scorn for the pirates' neglection, being responsible for her state:

"With how this ship has been cobbled up from different parts of salvaged scraps, I was honestly impressed how it held its own so far… took its toll eventually though. I reckon they have just as few good mechanics as they have doctors, for that node was clearly not safe for working with. I don't envy whoever will get to repair that… didn't know the model though and made a wrong assumption. However necesseary, I recognize my mistake. Won't happen again if I can help it… though I guess, out of us all here, Goldie, you're the best one to understand such hazards, eh?"

Having finished that rant, slowly having progressed from nearly-hectic to what is more usually her way of talking, she even sounds somewhat nice at the end.

She declines the offer to speak up, explaining, if prompted, that she'd rather prefer not to have even her voice known to the pirates.

Seeing what's on the monitor, she comments on what Goldaline already said:

"Yes, let us go."

She follows suit.

 No.686722

>>686717

Looking between the med-kits and the party doctor, Teal inquiries:

"Much as I hate to ask, mind me making use of one of these now? I'll admit I'm not feeling too steady.."

 No.686723

>>686722
"Oh, I'm hurt. Here I am, thinking we had something special, only to find you cheating on me, behind my back, with some object," she says with mock pain.

 No.686724

>>686722
"By all means, we've got a battle and a half ahead of us, now that Redgrave is on the defense!"

 No.686725

>>686723

Teal snorts.

"Oh, I'll so be sure to check for Q-tips, now that you've said that.

>>686724

She nods and dives into one of the medkits.

"Don't peek~" - she says jokingly, winking to them.

 No.686726

>>686725
>>686714

>Making use of one of those first aid kits

 No.686727

>>686715
Pyrite's shadow manages to knock one of the pirates out cold with a single punch, and kicks another in the face. Before he can go for the lever though, the beanie-clad pirate from before interrupts him with a powerful punch which makes the shadow flicker and waver for a moment.
>Pyrite's shadow takes 5 hits

Reinforcements arrive soon enough, and two more pirates join in the struggle to take down the shadow.
[4d10]

>>686716
Goldie looks satisfied as you bellow threats into the intercom, pressing a few buttons once you're finished. "Well said," she comments. "He's got nothing on you, I'd wager. You've come this far, haven't you?"

>>686717
He blusters and glares at you in response, but has no more snide remarks to make.

>>686725
>>686726
You apply one of the medkits, patching up your miscellaneous injuries and taking some sedative pills included within. You feel a bit better now.
>3 medkits remaining

>>686716
>>686717
>>686718
>>686721
Goldie mock salutes you all as you leave. "Give them hell, crew," she says boldly. "And don't die on me."

You move down the ladder into the lower deck. It is almost impossible to see down here, as all the lights are either disabled or turned off. You have a bad feeling about this. "Strange," Goldie says through the comms. "I just tried switching video channels to tell you what they've got planned up ahead, but it looks like the cameras are disabled. Can't see a thing. Teal, you only messed with the one node, right?"

>pausing


Roll #1 6, 2, 7, 2 = 17

 No.686852

Last time on BWB, the party defeated the first mate Fernald, reclaimed all their gear and regrouped, making plans for their next move. Seeing as the main hold and bridge are being guarded by the rest of Redgrave's crew, they are entering through a side deck that connects to the bridge, while one of Hui's shadows causes a distraction. Goldie has barricaded herself in the surveillance room with Dr Rivers, keeping the party informed as she monitors the rest of the ship through their cameras.

Post sheets and reply to >>686727!

 No.686854

File: 1498965179766.jpg (318.58 KB, 1054x625, 1494111691377.jpg)

>>686852
https://pastebin.com/rjjue7BP

The shadow tries again to activate the airlock. [1d10]

It suddenly occurs to Hui that he can sustain more shadows than he has been so far. He tries raising Veta's shadow. [1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7

 No.686856

File: 1498965342857.gif (3.6 MB, 500x282, Space Doge.gif)

>>686727
>>686852
Veta takes a deep breath and sighs deeply as she is now in the dark.
"Welp, can't shit on your guys, but I think I know my own body well enough," she says and goes for an injection on herself in the dark.

>Rejuvenate, DC 4

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.686858

>>686727
https://pastebin.com/F4168Tu8
Pyrite winces a little as he watches his shadow get clocked pretty good, and goes for a solid bodycheck!
>Slam: Crits on 8+ [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.686860

>>686852
https://pastebin.com/EBKvBkJ8
"Hmm. Lights'r out this far in, eh? Stay close."

keeping the PEW closer to my person, i try and find a wall to move along, straining to see in the dark.
[1d10] Detection

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.686861

>>686858
(pretend none of that happened)
"U-Uhm… maybe we oughta look f'r some lights, or somethin'?" he asks, fumbling around and trying to trip over a switch
>[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.686863

>>686727
>>686854

"Correct, only one node. Smells like a trap to me. Reckon they've overrun the system from the bridge once the message has been sent, as to prevent us from getting the intel. I'll try a side route, if there's any and check what they've got. Hopefully, they haven't planted that yet. Hui, would you mind sending one of your shadows the main road ahead of us, checking for proximities and such?"

She's acted her part, trying to find a side way through the walls to go through as to be able to possibly close on/enter the next room with. If that were a possiblity she'd approach that space, listening and watching for danger first.

 No.686865

>>686863
"Well, one of my shadows is already opening the airlock. If it works, we'll find out soon."

 No.686867

>>686863

>perception check


[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.686869

>>686865

"Even if you sent the first one down this way, they could've well planted additional traps down this corridor since then. The cameras being disabled seems like a strong hint. Thus, asking for it now."

 No.686872

>>686869
"Well, we'll get to those once we know if we'll have to deal with an open airlock out there. Thus, waiting for it now."

 No.686873

>>686872

"Wasn't the airlock being opened in a room far away from this one?"

 No.686875

>>686873
"Well yeah, but that's where all the pirates were."

 No.686878

>>686854
Pyrite's shadow gets beaten up pretty hard, but still manages to push away two of its attackers as it opens the primary airlock door. Slipping by, it is now in a cylindrical, barebones room with space suits of all shapes and sizes lining the walls. At the back is a door paned with transparent plastic, leading to the emptiness of space outside. Seeing the shadow enter, the pirates become much more cautious, although Pyrite's shadow continues to be attacked before it can wreak havoc on the bridge.
>Pyrite's shadow takes 3 hits, currently at 3/3

[3d10]

You manage to raise Veta's shadow. You can't see it too well in the dark, but you can hear the soft sighing sound a shadow makes as it detaches from its host.

>>686856
You only manage on jabbing yourself in the leg, to no real effect rather than a sudden sharp pain and a dull ache afterwards.

>>686860
You can see something large at the far end of the room, but you're not sure what it is. You almost trip over a bench in the process.

>>686861
You don't manage to find any light switches, but you can make out some shapes at the end of the corridor. They - or perhaps it - looks very big, but you can't tell what you're looking at yet.

>>686863
>>686867
You fumble about in the dark for a moment before heading up through an air vent, switching on your light to allow you to see better. You stop once you come to the far end of the room and look down. You can see a group of six pirates lying in wait, all wearing what look like night vision goggles. One of them, a large brute of an earth pony, is carrying what looks like a mounted machine gun on his back, being followed closely by a Changeling riding on its back.

>>686854
>>686856
>>686860
>>686861
You suddenly hear an order barked coming from the far end of the room. "NOW!" There is a sudden flash of blinding light, followed by the deafening sound of gunfire headed towards you.
>roll to dodge
>Hui gets -2 from armor penalty

Roll #1 2, 9, 6 = 17

 No.<