[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1471744740766.jpg (138.7 KB, 650x505, Stone Bird.jpg)

 No.671465[Last 50 Posts]

Time for our fourth thread to open up! Post them sheets!

 No.671466


 No.671467


 No.671468

File: 1471745121161.png (98.26 KB, 940x855, 1471542169088.png)


 No.671469

熊 や 他 の も の B E A R S

 No.671470

>>671469
dumb bearposter

 No.671471


 No.671472

File: 1471745987118.webm (502.72 KB, 960x540, traps.webm)


 No.671473

>>671466
>>671467
>>671468
>>671471
>>671472
Maali 6/5 (5[+1]/5) (Status Effects: Can't Swim. -2 Swim Rolls.)
Mercer 7/5 (7/5)
Astra 5/5 (5/5) (Absent)
Succinite 5/5 (5/5)
Widowmaker 5/5 (5/5)
Alder 5/5 (5/5)

Current Companion - Rosa 5/5 (5/5)


When we last left our party, they had just made a small camp on a dune, overlooking the same place they last fought the Beast of the Sands. They can still see it's crystal stinger poking out, the massive creature hiding underneath just waiting for it's next victims… Luckily, no shadow beasts are nearby to fight.

Astra has passed out from the heat, needing time to rest. Rosa sits near her, fanning Astra lightly with her book. "Well… She's out cold… Or out hot in this case." Rosa mumbles. "So why are we all the way out in this desert again? Couldn't we have gone somewhere less sweltering hot?" Rosa asks, also suffering from the heat beating down on the whole crew.


>>671471
You fly through the air, an unforgiving heat beating down on your body. Even your wings are beginning to become sore with the lack of wind to carry you through this desert. Below you, you spot what looks like a group of adventurers that have set up camp on a dune. Near them, you can also spot what looks like a blue crystal jutting out of the ground.

Perhaps they could be friendly?

 No.671474

>>671473
Widowmaker points to the crystal with a gloved hoof,

"Is this what we are after? The beast must guard it, then?"

 No.671475

>>671473
Succinite has acquired a palm frond from the jungle they left earlier. It sticks out of her head to serve as a parasol.

She decides to steal the crystal. [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.671476

>>671473
>>671474
"It is not the crystal we seek," Mercer explains, "but rather the beast it is attached to. We are sworn to slay this creature for the approval of one of this land's tribes. It has beaten us before, but now we know its methods, and are sure to claim victory this day."

 No.671477

>>671473
Alder flaps his wings tiredly as he looks around, before spying the decent-sized group, as well as the blue crystal. He decides to play it on the safer side and land behind a nearby dune, trying to hide behind it
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3

 No.671478

>>671476
Widowmaker nods, beginning to plot out his ploy to slay the creature,

"It must be huge. This should be fun."

 No.671479

>>671473
>>671474
''We came all the way here to… Well, slay the colossus that lurks in this desert. Like Mister Mercer said, we tried to slain it once, but it got the best of us… B-but now we are stronger and in even bigger numbers! All together we have a greater chance at it!''

 No.671480

File: 1471748160131.jpg (169.38 KB, 903x885, Beast of the Sands.jpg)

>>671474
"A crystal? Do giants even need valuables?" Rosa wonders. Her attention is then pulled back to fanning Astra after the chest esper barks at her.

You feel a sudden rumbling shortly after.
>Refer to below

>>671475
You dash over to the crystal, hugging it with all of your goo might. With a nice big tug you feel it doesn't budge, only causing the sand bellow you to rumble.

You're lifted up slowly as the beast begins to lift itself out from the sands, sand falling down from it's back to fill the hole where it once rested. You hang by the crystal stinger of the colossal stone scorpion, although the creature doesn't attempt to shake you off right away. You notice bellow you that the creature's stone back has been blasted away to show dried grass that has grown on the back of the creature.

>Roll to sit yourself atop the stinger or automatically drop yourself safely down onto it's exposed weak point on it's back.


>>671476
>>671479
"I-I don't have to fight, do I? C-Can I just hang back here and.. uhh… K-Keep fanning Astra!" Rosa says, suddenly becoming nervous at the idea of going up against a colossus.

You then feel a sudden yet familiar rumbling.
>Refer to above.

>>671477
You feel heat overtake you, causing your wings to give out when you're almost about to land. You instead crash land right next to the group of adventurers.

When you lift your beak out of the sand, you notice they consist of a Diamond Dog wielding a mace and sword and equipped with a black armor chest piece, a fully garbed donkey wielding an axe and hook, a deer with just a simple talisman around his neck, a wonderfully dressed pony with bat wings and an earth pony wearing what looks like an archeologists outfit. The finely dressed bat pony is knocked out from the heat while the earth pony fans her.

Before the Earth Pony can speak up to talk to you, you feel a sudden rumbling from nearby. The pony gulps, "G-Guys? Wh-What was that?" She asks, before looking over to where the crystal was, eyes widening once she does.
>Refer to above involving >>671475 post.

 No.671481

>>671480
Alder lets out a startled screech as he smashes into the sand, his wings awkwardly and lazily attempting to flap. He rights himself slowly, shaking the sand off of his beak before stumbling over himself as he backs away a few feet. He'd plead for mercy, but the rumbling cuts him off before he can say anything

 No.671482

>>671480
>>671478
>>671477
>Correction, Widowmaker is maybe a donkey.

 No.671483

>>671480
She lands on the creature's back, finding the grass nice.

 No.671484

>>671480
Widowmaker immediately starts dashing in the sand towards the beast, flailing his chain around above his head,

"For glory!"

>Mark for Death (Disgruntled), Beast of the Sands

>Planned Takedown (Big Game Hunter)

He throws out his chain and pulls an AT-AT on Hoth, attempting it to trip it shortly to provide a temporary advantage.

>Knockout: On hit, the enemy is unable to counterattack next turn, and is considered helpless, but does not lose a wound. He instantly and automatically gets up on the turn after that.

[1d10+2] Ranged, Single

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.671485

>>671480
"Perhaps it would be best if the Astra were tended to," he concurs. "She needs care in her delicate cond-"
He yelps at the sudden nearby feathery crash landing, immediately backing off and pulling out his mace. He is about to challenge the newcomer, until he feels the all-too-familiar rumbling. "Brace yourselves," he warns the rest of the party as he powers up his mace.
>automatic Sharpen

 No.671486

File: 1471749068105.gif (503.92 KB, 400x153, faceplant.gif)

>>671484
forgot image

 No.671487

>>671480
The petite cervine backs away as the rumbling starts 'O-oh no… Miss Rosa, please take Miss Astra to safety! It's awaking!''
>>671481
''What the… Oh gosh are you okay mister?'' The diminute deer hastily offers to help Alder up before pushing him away ''You have to get out of here if you value your life! Run!''
>>671484
>>671485
''I-I think I will stay in the back this time if no one minds. Go get it Widowmaker!''
'1d10' cheer

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.671488

>>671487
>>671481
The griffon nods hastily and scrabbles backwards a little faster, before trying to hide himself
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.671489

>>671483
You relax back on the grass, it's surprisingly comfy, like laying on a moss bed. The creature doesn't seem to mind your presence, instead just standing there ominously.

>>671484
You rush forth and line up your chain by running around the beast, when the creature notices you it lets out a deep rumbling growl. It attempts to step forward, only to trip and fall thanks to your tactics.

>Beast of the Sands is now Helpless! Climbing rolls are successful on a DC4 this turn!


>>671487
You cheer him on, feeling success when his trap works and knocks the creature over.

>>671485
Your frosted mace sparks to life with electricity, feeling your heart race as the beast topples over already.

>>671488
You quickly bury yourself in the sand, poking your head out to watch the fight unfold in front of you.



The beast growls more, getting angrier from the sudden assault on it.
>Will recover next turn.

 No.671490

>>671489
She decides to distract the creature from standing up by dropping a shiny coin in front of its eye into the sand.

[1d10+1] -Scapegoat: recharge 1; When caught, a weapon isn’t the wisest choice. With clever wording you can make an enemy focus their attention and/or attack on a chosen target of your choice next turn.

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.671491

>>671489
"To victory!" he shouts, charging towards the beast with his mace raised and bringing it down on its head.
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.671492

>>671489
Widowmaker climbs up the beast, using his hook and chain to climb onto the creature,

"Hah, all chitin and no bite."

[1d10+2] DC4 Climb (+1 BGH, +1 having tools for the job)

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.671493

>>671489
>>671491
>>671492
''B-be careful! I will stay down here and cover you! I will… I will trip it out!''
He uses the little window of time left to attack the monster and hit it's legs
'1d10' earthen strike. crits +8, critfails 3

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.671494

>>671489
Alder watches from his spot underneath the sand, for now waiting out the fight

 No.671495

>>671490
Your trick does not stop the creature from recovering, however it does cause it to aim it's powerful stinger down onto the shiny coin.

>Distracted it's Crystal Stinger attack.


>>671491
You bash your weapon against the creature, only to give you no results.

>>671492
You attempt to climb the beast using your hook, only for some of the sandstone to crumble away and cause you to fall off.

>fluff does not give bonuses


>>671493
You rush forth with Mercer, lifting your hoof up with intent to smash an earth covered hoof into the beast. You instead bash your bare hoof against it, like punching a wall.

>>671494
You continue to wait it out.


The Beast of the Sands strikes down with it's stinger, seeming to attack at nothing in front of it. This gives everyone an opening to it's stinger!

>Climbing onto stinger continues the DC4 bonus.

 No.671496

>>671495
He grunts in frustration at the lack of results. Seeing the incoming stinger, he seizes the opportunity and tries to clamber on top of it.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.671497

>>671495
Widowmaker grunts, instead going to climb the stinger.

[1d10+1] Climb

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.671498

>>671495
Succinite just chills on her spot.

 No.671499

>>671495
Alder stays dug into the sand for a little while longer, at least until the creature looks away from his general direction

 No.671500

>>671495
Maali pulls out ''Ow ow ow ow ow okay no hitting. leave that for others''
Maali sits back and waits
'1d10+2' being adorable

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.671501

>>671496
>>671497
Mercer rushes for the stinger, being passed by Widowmaker who leaps right onto it. Mercer is the second to climb up onto it, the stinger beginning to slowly pull out.

>>671498
All this shaking is almost soothing to you, like sitting in a giant massage chair.

>>671499
The creature doesn't even seem to be bothered with you, all of it's focus on the group attacking it.

>>671500
Your adorableness has avoided the ire of the beast… for now.


The beast lifts it's crystal stinger back up, bringing Mercer and Widowmaker with it. It lets out a roar as it attempts to shake them both off.

>Drop down onto it's back or roll to hold onto the stinger.

 No.671502

>>671501
Widowmaker remains on the stinger [1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.671503

>>671501
As it thrashes about, he tries to hold on for dear life.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.671504

>>671501
Maali tries to distract the Colossus, running up ahead to get into it's field of sight ''Heeeey! Over here mister Colossus! look at meeeeeeeEEEEE!''
'1d10' taunt
''I am so dead''

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.671505

>>671501
Alder takes his chance and unburrows himself from the sand, before flapping his wings a couple times and trying to rise up out of its reach (and get a better point of view)
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.671506

>>671502
You grip tightly onto the stinger, allowing you to remain on it longer.

>>671503
You feel your grip slip from the beast, causing you to fall down onto it's back. You nearly fall off this way, causing you to grab a hold of the grass and forcing you to pull yourself back up onto it.

>>671504
You hear the creature let out an angry growl, legs moving to turn the beast in your direction while raising a claw up to prepare a strike.

>>671505
You fly above the battle undetected, allowing you to fly over the beast and notice the grassy weak point on it's back.


>Autumn's passing this turn.



The beast then swings down a powerful claw towards Maali, intent on crushing his body.

>Claw Bash: Maali

[1d10+2]

>Mercer and Widowmaker may make an attacking roll on the beast, although must roll an extra DC4 to remain stable on the beast.


Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.671507

>>671506
He watches as the impending claw of doom closes in to him ''OkayMaaliyougotit'sattentionnowyouusthavetoDODGEEEEEEE!''
'1d10' get the fuck out of dodge

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.671508

>>671506
She points out a fascinating sand formation just past Maali.

[1d10+1] Scapegoat

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.671509

>>671506
Undeterred by his footing, he tries to swing at the titanic scorpion, trying to balance himself while doing so.
[1d10+1]
[1d10] DC4

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.671510

>>671506
Widowmaker strikes the crystal stinger with an axe, grunting as he holds on with his hook.

>Collect Bounty

[1d10+2], DC-1 (single), autocrits

[1d10+1] Holding on

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.671511

>>671506

Mulling it over a little, Alder lets out a soft sigh and snatches his bow up from the sling hanging it on his side, before nocking and firing an arrow. If it goes badly, he could always just try to keep on his way
[d10+1] Autocrit, +1 from Surveyor

 No.671512

>>671511
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.671513

>>671507
>>671508
Succinite's distraction was not enough to save Maali from nearly being crushed, he was able to leap out just in time to be blown back by the force, being so close to the attack shakes up his little body.

>-4 hits to Maali


>>671509
You remain stable on the beast, swinging your energized mace down onto the beast. You hear cracks as you break through it's stone-like flesh underneath the grass, similar to the flesh the lobster-like colossus had once it shed its shell.

>>671510
You bring your axe down, digging into the stone-like flesh of the monster. With it's cries of anguish, you can tell you struck it pretty good.

>>671511
>>671512
You fire at the beast, missing horribly and striking at it's stone tail instead. The beast roars after your attack, stinging at you from the sky.


The Scorpion continues its attempts to shake off Mercer and Widowmaker, while attempting to assault Maali and Alder.

>Crystal Stinger: Alder

[1d10+3]

>Claw Bash: Maali

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7 / Roll #2 3 + 2 = 5

 No.671514

>>671513
Using the one maraca she has, she plays the scorpion the song of her people.
>-Return to Earth: recharge 2, spell; Bring things back to their natural state. Can return spirits to the afterlife and send unnatural creatures (demons, elementals, undead etc) back to their home plane. Only weakens stronger spirits and creatures, giving you +1 to all your actions against them until the end of combat.
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.671515

>>671513
"It falters!" he cries triumphantly, unsheathing his sword. He takes it in both hands and stabs downwards as hard as he can into its back.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.671516

>>671513
Seeing no apparent difference in stone flesh to the crystal tail, Widowmaker uses the creature's thrashing to fling himself down onto it's back, trying to sink his axe deep into it's backflesh.

>Finish Him (Rupture)

[1d10+2], Single

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.671517

>>671513
Alder screeches in surprise and tries his best to twist out of the way!
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.671518

>>671513
''ugh… I'm Alright! ow…''
He backs off a bit to heal himself
'1d10' natural remedy

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.671519

>>671514
As you play a song to the beast, you feel your bond with it strengthen.

>Your actions involving the Beast has gained a bonus of +1.


>>671515
You stab your blade down, sinking down into it with a sickening sound of piercing flesh rather than stone. The creature lets out an agonizing pain from feeling the blade pierce it's flesh. Ripping the blade out shows the blade coated in black blood, the dark liquid spraying out only to quickly become smoke as it leaves it's body. This has never happened when Ragsen would stab into these creatures several times.

>>671516
You strike down onto the beast, although your attack isn't quite as damaging as what mercer's attack was.

>>671517
You attempt to dodge out of the way of the attack, only missing it enough to be grazed and cut.

>-3 hits


>>671518
You heal yourself, restoring your body back to full condition.


Despite the pain Mercer and Widowmaker dish out, the beast attempts to violently shake off it's invaders.


>Shake shake shake: Mercer and Widowmaker. On success, DC to remain stable is increased to DC8 instead of DC4.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.671520

>>671519
Widowmaker continues his onslaught, looking to Mercer,

>>671515
"Good work, any noticeable weak spots you've taken advantage of?"

he continues striking the beast, slamming his axe down as he tries to pull up at it's flesh with his hook

Collect Bounty [1d10+2], single

[1d10+1] Remaining stable

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.671521

>>671519
She regrets not having the skill points to form her own monster ranch.

 No.671522

File: 1471756562504.webm (1.5 MB, 1280x720, exquisite.webm)


 No.671523

Alder winces in pain as the stinger grazes his side, ripping at his loose clothing and the padded armor underneath. He tries to take another shot at the creature's grassy back, determined to at least get a hit in before deciding on whether or not to bolt
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.671524

>>671519
>>671520
"Here!" He points at the gaping wound he left as he stumbles to keep his footing. "Strike it now and it is sure to fall!" He does just that, stabbing down again with renewed vigor.
[1d10+2]
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.671525

>>671519
Maali attempts to heal Alder
'1d10' heal n#2

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.671526

>>671520
You bring your axe down hard this time, gripping onto the beast with a strike of your hook. You remain stable while also inflicting harsh damage onto it.

>>671521
Maybe one day.

>>671523
You notch your arrow back and take aim, taking a slow deep breath allows you to calm your nerves enough to make one hell of a lucky shot. Your arrow sticks straight into the back of the beast.

>>671524
You take another stab into the beast again, it's loud cries of anguish ringing out once more. It feels as if you're stabbing into a creature of flesh and blood than one of stone.

>>671525
>>671523
Alder's body feels rejuvenated as the cut along his body closes up.

>Alder fully restored



The beast lets out a roar of anger, thrashing about as it digs itself into the sand. Anyone riding on it's back is knocked off as it digs into the sand, lest they risk burying themselves alive. The ground continues to rumble ominously as deep grumbling growls come from the ground underneath.

>Moment of peace.

 No.671527

>>671526
He grips his blade tightly, waiting for the beast to resurface. "Be wary," he calls to the rest of the party. "It is not yet slain. We may have merely angered it…"

 No.671528

>>671526
She throws a rock at a faraway spot, reasoning that the sound and impact would attract the scorpo, causing it to re-surface there.

[1d10+2] scapegoat

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.671529

>>671526
Widowmaker strikes the sand with his hook, hitting as far as he can with the length of his chain.

"Don't move."

[1d10] Strike the earth

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.671530

Alder looks around nervously as the scorpion-like creature burrows back under the ground. He swoops down and attempts to scoop up the diminutive deer, before mumbling "I-I think it is going to try and come up from underneath, please hold still." in a heavily-accented equestrian
[1d10] to pick up the small deer

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.671531

>>671527
>>671528
>>671529
>>671530
The Beast of the Sands bursts out, the rocky shell around it's body cracked heavily. It lets out a bellowing roar that you swear could shake the mountains themselves, it's outer armor falling off to expose it's body. The tail is revealed to be completely crystalline, while still quite deadly with how large it is, it's quite the beautiful sight.

The tail begins to glow red, the tip reflecting an orb of light as it charges up something powerful. Mercer and Maali can already have flash backs as to what this is.

>Stinger Beam: Everyone (Except Succinite | Able to strike airborn targets)

[1d10+4]

>Paused


Roll #1 5 + 4 = 9

 No.671782

>>671531
Time for another session, post them bears

 No.671783


 No.671784

File: 1472349877495.png (52.51 KB, 1920x1080, 1460410824046.png)


 No.671785


 No.671786

File: 1472350095059.webm (565.87 KB, 640x360, Can't make the puzzle any….webm)


 No.671787

File: 1472350106437.jpg (40.94 KB, 460x519, jPB6GsF.jpg)


 No.671788


 No.671789


 No.671790

>>671783
>>671784
>>671786
>>671787
>>671788
>>671789
Maali 6/5 (5[+1]/5) (Status Effects: Can't Swim. -2 Swim Rolls.)
Mercer 8/5 (8/5)
Astra 5/5 (5/5)
Succinite 5/5 (5/5)
Widowmaker 5/5 (5/5)
Alder 5/5 (5/5)

Current Companion - Rosa 5/5 (5/5) (Currently Stepping out of this fight)

When we last left our brave adventurers, they encountered the Beast of the Sands for a grand rematch! Let's not waste any time!

The crystalline tail of the beast begins to glow red, the tip reflecting an orb of light as it charges up something powerful. It looks like it'll fire any second!

Meanwhile, Astragalus wakes up after being splashed with a bit of water from Rosa's canteen. "C-C'mon c'mon.. wake up!" Rosa says with panic, trying to snap Astra out of her daze.


>Stinger Beam: Everyone (Except Succinite and Astra | Able to strike airborn targets.)

>Roll results were a 9

 No.671791

>>671790
"Shit."

Widowmaker says, trying to yank it's tail with his hooked chain to throw it off balance and miss the shot.

>Trick Shot: Knockout

[1d10+2] Ranged, DC-1 (Single)

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.671792

>>671790
Maali runs and hides, trying to get under the beast to avoid the fire
"Everyone, get under the colossus, it won't fire down on itself!"
'1d10' run hide

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.671793

>>671790
revived from the canteen, i groggily sit up on the dune.

"oh.. Rosa? what happened? My head is killing me."

Rising back onto my hooves, i'm jolted out of my stupor by the sight of the Colossus.

"Oh we've gone and started fighting it, haven't we? And here i am out cold on the sidelines!"

shaking my head, i try and open a rift nearby, runes flashing as i direct the energy into the surrounding sands.
[1d10] raise ancient: triple attack

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.671794

>>671790
"Look out!" he barks. "Take cover!" He scarpers to do just that, jumping behind a nearby rock formation to avoid the incoming beam.

[1d10] Dodge

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.671795

>>671790
She continues to make her music.

[1d10+2] Return to Earth

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.671796

Alder swears in annoyance as he fumbles picking the deer up, but quickly nods and follows the deer underneath the colossus
[1d10] head for cover

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.671797

>>671791
The beam fires, cutting the chain of your hook off as the beam streaks across the ground just inches in front of your feet.

>>671792
You attempt to run towards the beast, only for the beam to slice at the ground in front of your hooves. Knowing what comes next, you instinctively try to run back away from the spot the beam hit.

>>671794
You attempt to run for a rock formation, the beam shooting over head and in front of you. You feel the ground rumbling violently as you run over the smoldering red hot line the beast left behind.

>>671796
You swiftly fly for the beast, the beam firing out and nearly hitting you. The sudden knock off balance causes you to come crashing underneath the colossus painfully.

>-4 hits.


>>671795
You play a song to the colossus, the bond between you and beast increasing even if his hatred for the others rises as well.

>+1 bonding. Bonus goes up by +1.


>>671793
You feel a chill run through your spine as you rip a rift in reality. Bones begin to rise from beneath the sands. All the previous victims of this beast and it's shadows form together, a vortex of bones floating underneath a large ribcage, bones forming arms which wields a large bone axe. Bone wings sprout out as four large skulls settle above the ribcage, spikes starting to form out of the back of the summoned creature. The beast is engulfed in blue magical flames which seems to grant it life.

>Bone Lord - Astra's Critical Triple Attack Summon. 15/5.



The ground rumbles and shakes violently shortly after the beam slices away at the ground. It explodes out, hitting everyone who has failed to dodge it. Fire spews out, most of the damage from the force of the explosion and not the fire that erupted from it.
>Mercer, -6 hits. Singed slightly.
>Maali, -4 hits.
>Widowmaker, -4 hits.

The beast lets out a ferocious roar, charging at the party with claws and stinger ready to strike out.

>Left Claw: Maali

[1d10+2]
>Right Claw: Mercer
[1d10+2]
>Stinger: Widowmaker
[1d10+3]


>Note: The beast has shed its shell, it may be attacked without climbing atop of it.


Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #3 4 + 3 = 7

 No.671798

>>671797
Mercer meets the Beast of the Sands with bravery, shrugging off the powerful blow it dealt and lifting his sword in defiance. "Dance with us, then." He charges forward and stabs into the Beast's head forcefully.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.671799

>>671797
She gathers up the pieces of the shell so that she can find some use for them later, wearing them as armor.

 No.671800

>>671797
The small deer is sent flying and crashes in the sand
"So fast… It's impossible to dodge that beam!" he shouts, helping his friends
>Nature elemental, life on Mercer and Widowmaker

 No.671801

Alder screeches in pain, and jabbing at it with a small dagger in desperation

 No.671802


 No.671803

File: 1472352969084.webm (2.38 MB, 358x640, specialforces.webm)

>>671797
>Weapon breaks because I hit successfully.webm
>Attacks even though I used Knockout

Widowmaker rolls to attack [1d10+2]

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3

 No.671804

>>671802
[1d10] can I not fuck the typing up please

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.671805

>>671797
nearby shadows are seemingly pulled into the Bone lord's form as i shiver in excitement.

"Ahaa! such a wonderful creature"

the Ancient lowering it's body, i climb atop it's skull, hooves cooled by the touch, as i direct it to assault the Colossus.

"Now you will see the true power of my magic, you horrid creature!"

moving towards the massive colossus, the Ancient cleaves the body with it's axe blows
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10] Melee

Meanwhile i channel a bolt of magic, tinged with the ancient's shadow, towards the exposed colossi
[1d10] Magic bolt

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 7 = 7 / Roll #3 7 = 7 / Roll #4 4 = 4

 No.671806

>>671798
You manage to rush past the claw, thrusting your blade straight into the creature's head. A painful roar cries out, more gas-like blood spraying out as you rip your blade from it's body. The beast attempts to crunch down on you, but you decide to slip under the beast and fall to the ground instead of having a bite taken out of you. You get back onto your feet once you avoid the attack.

>2/4 Hits/Wounds now.


>>671799
You walk about and attempt to pick up a piece of the shell, feeling like you're trying to pick up heavy chunks of rock.

>Do you wish to keep collecting?


>>671800
>Widowmaker has been disabled due to bugs.
Your body blooms with flowers, healing light radiating off of your body to rejuvinating your allies.

>>671801
>>671804
>>671798
You bring your dagger up, slicing into the belly of the beast. It lets out a painful cry as you rip your dagger back out. Mercer slides onto the ground next to you, sitting up to brush sand off of himself quickly.

>Maali restores 2 hits to Alder. 3/5 now.


>>671805
"YOU WILL FEEL OUR WRATH, BEAST!" Bone Lord cries out, his voice deep and ghostly. His weapon rises up, slamming down onto the body of the colossus several times. The creature's body begins to crack all over, showing that it has weakened.

Your magic bolt however, flings off of it's body harmlessly.



The creature screeches out, feeling it's end is near. It charges right for Astra and her Ancient, bringing it's claw down to slam into Maali as it rushes past.

>Charge!: Alder and Mercer

>Roll to dodge!

>Left Claw: Maali

[1d10+2]
>Right Claw: Astra (Dodging will move damage onto Ancient)
[1d10+2]
>Stinger: Bone Lord
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8 / Roll #2 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #3 9 + 3 = 12

 No.671807

>>671806
He tries to run and escape the wrath of the attack of the colossus
"Why is it always me? Attack the Bone Lord, the Bone Looooord!"
'1d10' fuckin dodge nigga

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.671808

>>671806
Seeing it begin to run rampant, he deftly steps out of the way of its charge.
[1d10] Dodge

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.671809

Alder hops to all fours, and quickly attempts to tumble out of the way of the charge
[1d10] Dodge

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.671810

>>671806
"Fug," she mumbles and drops the stuff, realizing it's too heavy. She decides to throw a piece way over yonder to distract the beast next turn.

[1d10+3] Scapegoat to some empty part of the desert

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.671811

>>671806
surging forward to meet the colossus, the Ancient Lord brings it's axe upward to strike down on the exposed back.

DIE, INSECT!
[1d10] Melee

sitting atop the skull, i brace for the collision as the two giants clash weapons.
[1d10] hunker down

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.671812

>>671807
You gracefully leap out of the way of the charging colossus.

>>671808
You feel this would be painful, if it wasn't for Maali's power of healing.

>Soaked damage.


>>671809
You quickly dodge and weave from each of the stampeding legs of the scorpion-like colossus, tumbling out of the way of the last one and avoiding damage.

>>671810
The beast's attention is completely hooked on the ancient, you feel your new friend might have to take a visit to the "farm."

>>671811
Your ancient brings it's bone axe down, slamming down onto it only for your ancient to take a crystal stinger right into it's rib cage, cracking several bones which shift together again.

>-10 hits to Ancient.




The beast turns around, bringing it's stinger back to strike the Ancient once more as it turns it's attention onto the smaller party members.

>Left Claw: Mercer

[1d10+2]
>Right Claw: Alder
[1d10+2]
>Stinger: Ancient
[1d10+3]

The stinger seems to be glowing that strange light purple color once more.

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #3 10 + 3 = 13

 No.671813

>>671812
"Beware!" he shouts, pointing at the charging laser before going in for an overhead swing on its head.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.671814

Alder lets out a sigh of relief and spreads his wings out, trying to take to the air again and build a little bit of distance
[1d10] Fly

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.671815

>>671812
She decides to play her maraca to pass the time. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.671816

>>671811
>>671812
Maali takes a deep breath
"Don't worry Miss Astra! I will help!"
Focusing, Maali prepares a big load of healing, muttering a prayer that builds up until he starts chanting wildly to heal Astra's summoned skull
'1d10' go heal go

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.671817

>>671812
thrown back by the stinger's force, the ancient whirls it's Axe into the colossus once again, bones splintering back into shape.
[1d10] Melee

refocusing my magic, i cast another bolt towards the colossal enemy!
[1d10] Magic bolt

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.671818

>>671813
You smack the colossus with your blade, even cutting it still left a mark. However the beast still strikes you, landing a heavy blow against your body.

>-5 hits, 0/3.


>>671814
You feel quite exhausted from flying earlier and all of this moving.

>>671815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dyO9SWiY7k

>>671816
You attempt to charge a healing spell, although feel a bit out of breath from dodging and weaving from the beast. You take a moment for a breather instead.

>>671817
The Bone Lord attempts to bring its axe into the Beast, only for the stringer to strike into one of it's skulls where Astra was sitting, knocking her off of her Ancient.

>0/4 from Critfail, followed up with 0/3 from being critically hit.

>Astra is 0/4 and on the ground.

 No.671819

>>671818
The Beast of the Sand's tail begins to charge up again, the shining orb forming at the tip of it's tail.

>Stinger Beam: Everyone except Succinite

[1d10+4]

Roll #1 1 + 4 = 5

 No.671820

>>671818
She decides to reach up and yank off the stinger.

[1d10+4]

Roll #1 4 + 4 = 8

 No.671821

>>671818
"Miss Astra!" he rushes to the bat, gathering strength as a white light shines from his necklace to heal her
'1d10' heal

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.671822

>>671818
Alder tucks his wings back into his side, giving up on flight for now and taking a shot… though from how things are going, he's probably going to try and take another chance at flying off later
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.671823

>>671818
He grunts as he collapses from the blow. Not one to give up easily, he anchors his sword in the ground and tries to push himself back up.

[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.671824

>>671818
sending the sands scattering away, the Ancient slams into the dune, myself falling from the center skull.

the wind knocked out of me, i try and recover my senses, vision going black from the landing
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.671825

>>671819
with a icy roar, the Ancient shifts itself upward, sand pouring out of it's ribcage as it moves
[1d10] Recovery: ancient

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.671826

>>671820
You jump up to cling to the tail, your maraca playing and sudden "yanking" causing the beast's beam to fire off away from the group.

>>671821
Your rejuvenating aura fades out with a flash, giving Astra a boost of energy as her sore bones heal up.

>Astra fully restored.


>>671822
You fire a shot off at the tail, only for it to whiff past it.

>>671823
You attempt to get up, only to fall back into the sand. It feels quite nice to rest on something soft after being beaten up.

>>671824
You struggle to get up, a flash of light engulfing your body and popping bones back into place.

>Fully Recovered


>>671825
The ancient remains on the ground, pinned down by the stinger.


The Beast of the Sands notices Maali rushing to help Astra, taking a swing at him before attempting to bring his claw down towards Alder, creating a shockwave.

>Left Claw: Maali

[1d10+2]
>Right Claw: Alder
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12 / Roll #2 8 + 2 = 10

 No.671827

>>671826
She rips the stinger right off the tail.

[1d10+4]

Roll #1 3 + 4 = 7

 No.671828

Alder screeches and attempts to tumble out of the way once again
[1d10] Dodge

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.671829

>>671826
Mumbling obscenities in his native tongue, he tries to get back up again after the beatdown he received.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.671830

>>671826
My injured fading, i stagger back onto my hooves.

seeing the colossi's claw making a beeline for the Deer, i kick off the sand towards him, hoping to shove him out of the way!

"Maali, Look out!"
[1d10] shove

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.671831

>>671826
>>671830
Snapping back to reality, Maali sees the attack coming at him, and Astra, and counter-shoves her out of the attack
'1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.671832

>>671826
The ancient struggles to free itself from under the stinger, attempting to pull the tail out of it's ribs as it crushes the bones
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.671833

>>671827
You attempt to rip the stinger off, however the creature is far too large to rip it off with someone your size.

>DC10 to rip it off.


>>671828
You attempt to dodge, only for the shockwave to slam into you and send you sprawling onto the ground next to Mercer.

>0/4


>>671829
You relax in the sand as you're joined by Alder.

>>671830
>>671831
The claw is just about to slam down onto both Astra and Maali, only for Maali to gain a burst of speed and push them both out of the way of the powerful shockwave inducing attack. They still both get buried in sand only for a few seconds, but get out unharmed.

>>671832
Nope, still stuck.


The Beast of the Sands removes it's stinger from the Ancient however, stepping over it to turn to Maali and Astra.

>Left Claw: Maali

[1d10+2]
>Right Claw: Astra
[1d10+2]
>Stinger: Ancient - Striking it while it's down.
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #2 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #3 2 + 3 = 5

 No.671834

>>671833
He growls in frustration as he tries yet again to get up.
[1d10] pls

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.671835

>>671833
She rips that shit off.
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 5 + 4 = 9

 No.671836

Alder is sent flying like a ragdoll from the slam, but manages to roll with the hit and pops back up to all-fours with a surprising amount of grace [Escape Artist]

 No.671837

>>671830
>>671833
Panting in panic, he shouts "Miss Astra, are you alright?" he gasps "What you did was so crazy, it could have killed us both!" he gets up and turns back to the colossus and the ancient "Come onnn…"
Green light shines from his necklace as he heals the ancient
'1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.671838

>>671833
Kicking sand away from me, i brush my dress off the best i can, before realizing that the colossi's claw was about to crash down again!

thinking quickly, i try to kick off the sand and away from the claw's path
[1d10] Dodge

The ancient, now free from the Colossi's tail, tries to move back into the fight
"NO! YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE ME, COLOSSUS!"
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.671839

>>671837
"W-well i saw the colossi's claw and i was worried you'd be done for!"

"You've already had a brush with death, deer, i'm worried you won't survive another!"

 No.671840

>>671835
You notice the tail actually crack slightly, being so close!

>DC reduces to 8.


>>671837
>>671838
Maali's heal is enough to bring the Ancient back onto it's bone vortex. The ancient grabs a hold of the stinger striking at it, preventing the attack.

Astra is also able to dodge away from the swing of the beast.

>Ancient is now 15/3, recovered thanks to Maali.



The Beast continues on with it's frenzied rage, his attacks focused on the three giving it trouble.

>Left Claw: Ancient

[1d10+2]
>Right Claw: Astra
[1d10+2]
>Stinger: Ancient
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #2 10 + 2 = 12 / Roll #3 1 + 2 = 3

 No.671841

>>671840
He tries yet again to recover, smarting from his mounting wounds.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.671842

>>671834
>>671836
Mercer was unable to recover while Alder remains on his feet.
>5/4 for Alder.

>>671841
>Will be recovering when I make the big post this turn.

 No.671843

>>671840
Rip n tear
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 4 + 4 = 8

 No.671844

>>671839
Maali's lip quivers as he hesitates
"I'm not… I-I'm not that weak, Miss Astra…" He mutters, looking away
>>671840
He sees the Skeleton lord healed and keeps the flow of life going, the green energy shifting to white again "Lend me your power…"
'1d10' heal

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.671845

>>671840
Alder goes to help up Mercer, but pulls his talons back as the Dog seems to pull himself up pretty easily. He flutters his wings nervously, before nocking an arrow and firing at the colossus
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.671846

>>671840
back into position, the Ancient Lord brings it's axe into a flurry of strikes!
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10] Melee

>>671844
"In the swamp temple you had me worried half to death over you, Deary. It was a stroke of luck the trunk managed to find you in that lake."

"You're tough, but you're not invulnerable. For my sake, do keep an eye out for danger.."

turning to face the Colossus, i aim another blast of magic at it's hulking frame!
[1d10] Magic bolt

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 10 = 10 / Roll #3 3 = 3 / Roll #4 7 = 7

 No.671847

>>671841
You recover back onto your feet!

>>671843
The tail cracks further, your spells allowing you to bond more with the creature helps you tear off portions of it's body. The crystal stinger cracks and falls off completely.

>Crystal Stinger Disabled.

>Innocent no longer protects you from the Beast.

>>671844
Your heal doesn't quite go off, feeling exhausted again.

>>671845
You notch your arrow, firing it at the side of the beast. The arrow sticks into it, though you can't tell if it was effective or not.

>>671846
Your Ancient unleashes a bone storm upon the colossus, even your bolt of magic fires off to blast it down into submission.


The Beast is given quite the heavy beating from the Ancient, legs being smashed off, the tail having broken off and even taking a blast of magic to it's weakened body. The beast now sits there, claws weakly swinging at the party while unable to move from it's broken legs.

>Weakened state, may be finished off.


>Weak claw strike: Whoever comes to attack it

[1d10-1]

Roll #1 4 - 1 = 3

 No.671848

>>671847
"The tide rises," he recites as he walks up to the Beast. "And the tide falls." Gritting his teeth in determination, he raises his sword to the heavens before piercing the monster's head with all his strength.
[1d10] if you need it

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.671849

>>671847
"Snibeti snab," Succinite declares under her breath, and puts the stinger on her arm like a claw. She uses it to kill the beast.

[1d10+4]

Roll #1 10 + 4 = 14

 No.671850

>>671846
He keeps his gaze low "Yes ma'am…"
>>671847
Maali sits there and watches as it comes to an end

 No.671851

Alder hmphs a little bit as his arrow seems to 'thunk' into it worthlessly, before stopping to watch the somewhat inoffensive goo pony attempt to impale the colossus with its own Stinger

 No.671852

>>671850
"Oh, don't be so upset over it, Dear! You do your best no matter the fight, and i'm sure everyone appreciates it."

"It's just.. you have a rather unfortunate habit of being imminently crushed, just as i tend to be the only one closest to help."

"Once we make it back to the temple, we really should find time to relax. Maybe some tea?"

 No.671853

>>671852
"Well… That would be nice… And yes, maybe I really do have a very bad luck" he smiles "Its a bit scary that the colossus wanted me so much, even though Mercer and the gryphon were the ones Hitting it the most… Aside from the Ancient of course…"
The deer looks up at the giant Skeleton
"it's amazing, and scary how much powerful you really are, Miss Astra"

 No.671854

>>671848
>No roll needed for finishers.
Your blade strikes down, a sudden silence blanketing the area.

>>671849
You raise the stringer up and bash it down onto the Colossus, causing a portion of it to cave in on itself.

>>671851
You watch the scary goo somehow lift up the massive stinger to bring down onto the colossus' body.

>>671850
>>671852
You both watch on as Succinite crushes the colossus.


The Beast of the Sands has fallen, his body slowly engulfing in darkness as black tendrils seep from it's wounds. The tendrils form above the corpse, turning into a solid black crystal that one would have to hold in two hooves. The outline of the crystal seems to be completely white, giving off an illusion of a constant glow to it.

>You have defeated the Beast of the Sands! The colossus soul is now yours!

 No.671855

>>671854
Alder looks around at the group nervously, then over towards the crystal "I-I apologize for hopping in to your group so abruptly, but… what was that? I am afraid I really do not know what any of that was about."

 No.671856

>>671853
"It really must be something to do with this place, i feel. I usually only had a few familiars as retainers back in canterlot, not a giant colossus-smasher."

"This land has quite a bit of latent magic, just the right place to bring about some truly powerful spells!"
>>671854
With the imminent threat gone, the Bone Lord dissipates into nothing, the sky around the ancient filled with dust as it returns to the sand.

sighing heavily in relief as the ancient's strain on my mind is cleared, i take a look at the crystal.

"Ah, another one down! Now.. What to do with this one.."

 No.671857

>>671854
"We did it…" sighing, Maali slumps down "hooray…"
>>671855
" That, mister Gryphon, is the soul of that creature we defeated, together with your help too. That was very brave of you to stay and fight with us… Thank you, Stranger"

 No.671858

>>671856
"I suppose… But… I don't know, I don't feel all that powerful… Maybe the magic I draw from is not as powerful here as yours…" He glares at the ground
"I don't understand"

 No.671859

>>671857
Alder ruffles his wings a little bit, and shrugs "It is not like I had much of a choice, since my wings gave out… I am glad I could offer some assistance, at the least."
He perks up a little from his exhausted state at the mention of magic, before cocking his head to the side and looking towards Astra "Y-You brought that bone creature to life through… magic? Truly?"

 No.671860

>>671854
She just sits there with a frown.

 No.671861

>>671859
"Would you like me to look into it?… I am a healer, I-I can help! Though you must have already noticed that…"

 No.671862

>>671858
"You'll notice it in time, Dear. I've no doubt as we clear out these colossi our spells will gain more power, these crystals seem to be linked to it." i reply, gesturing towards the floating heart of the colossus.

>>671855
"Ah, you've no idea what's going on, correct?"

"Introductions first, then we'll get into detail."

"I am the lady Astragalus, our little group's summoner. You might have already met Maali, though i'm not sure, seems the heat got to me earlier."

>>671859
"Why yes! Though in all honesty i wasn't sure what i'd bring into this plane of existence. My magic is quite.. chaotic, you see."

 No.671863

>>671854
"AHHAHAHAHAHA!!" He pumps his fist in joy as the beast is finally defeated, basking in the glory of their success. "Victory! Wondrous victory! Bear witness to our deeds, good compeers! The vile creature is slain by our hand! It has been ground into pulp as is befitting its cruel nature! We have crushed this vermin! We have!" Caught up in the excitement of the moment, he clambers on top of the carcass and holds his blade aloft. "By the power vested in this one by his allies and his ancestors, this sword is hereby dubbed The Sword Unbreakable. Witness this naming, and may our enemies tremble at its name!" He takes a swig of water, still grinning in satisfaction.

>>671855
Taking a moment to catch his breath and calm down, he turns to the newcomer, having not noticed him in the heat of the battle. "And who are you?" the proud dog says, stepping down from his vantage point.

 No.671864

>>671863
"Haha! Excellent work today, Mercer! I'm certainly glad you kept the colossus busy while i was recovering."

"The first of many colossi slain, i'm sure!" i yell, joining in the celebration

 No.671865

>>671861
"That would be much appreciated, yes. I am not as used to the hot winds as I am to the cold, and I-I might have overexerted myself."
>>671862
>>671863
He brightens up a little at the little explanation he gets, before shying away from the Diamond Dog and nodding. "R-Right, introductions. My name is Alder, of the Frostclaw Tribe. I come from the Frozen North of the griffonlands. Who are all of you?" He undoes his cloak and reveals his more wintry coloration, before bowing a little in greeting

 No.671866

>>671855
>>671856
>>671857
>>671863
>>671860
Rosa rushes down from the nearby sand dune, first giving Succinite a big hug. "That was amazing!!" She shouts with excitement, completely blown away from the show the party has given her.

"That was so cool! When you guys bravely climbed all over it to just hack and slash away, when Astra summoned that big ass bone creature to fight it off, but it can't top when this amazing goo just… just smashed it! Like it was a bug or something!" She spouts on, continuing to brag on for everyone and even commenting how wonderful Succinite's maraca skills were.

>Team will be walking while RPing, next session up is the Donkey Tribe home!

 No.671867

>>671862
His gaze turns to the crystal
"Yes… I think you're right, Miss Astra. Do you… Could I take the gem for now? You know, carry it with me until we return to the temple?"
>>671863
The small deer smiles nervously at the display of the dog "Y-yes! We did it again, Mister Mercer, as a team… The colossus didn't stood a chance… I w-will look to make you a special meal tonight, to thank you for your bravery as a warrior, and a sign of my appreciation for you as a friend"
"Now I just need to find a lake with fishes…"
>>671865
"Of course. Please do not worry, you are in luck that I am here help. Come on, let's find a place to rest and I can start taking care of your wings. I cannot promise I will completely heal all the damage alone, but I will do my best"

His ears twitch "Oh right, and my name is Maali, by the way. A pleasure to meet you"
>>671866
"Haha… Y-yes everyone was amazing. Thank you for taking care of Astra, Miss Rosa, we might have not won this battle if it wasn't for you helping her, you too defeated the colossus with us" he smiles and gives the mare a small bow

 No.671868

>>671867
"I certainly wouldn't mind, seeing how it doesn't look too heavy."

"Once we get back to the temple we'll still need to figure out how we use the crystal. Perhaps the pools from earlier might have the answer.."

 No.671869

>>671868
"They might… And don't worry, I will take good care of it"

 No.671870

>>671864
"It was all thanks to yourself, friend Astra. Were it not for your expertise in conjuration, perhaps we would have been driven away like before. You and the ancient one were an indispensable part of our great accomplishment."

>>671865
"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, fellow traveller," he says with a bow. "This one is named Mercer. Your help was sorely needed in our great battle. If you have nowhere else to go, you would be a welcome ally in our travels across this strange land. The more the merrier, as this one believes the expression goes."

>>671866
"Indeed it was a spectacular victory," he boasts with a dumb grin on his face. "If only more had witnessed this deed, that the tale of our battle could be told through the ages."

>>671867
"That would be much appreciated, friend Maali," he says. "Truly we would have been lost without you, for without your healing spells we would have been slain this day. A toast is in order, although it hardly seems appropriate to do so with water…"

 No.671871

>>671867
Alder nods a little and stretches his wings out to inspect them, trying to quickly smooth out a couple feathers before tucking them back in and turning back to Maali "As far as things go, I am a… I would not know how to put it properly. I have my bow, but I am better when it comes to skulking about and fiddling with locks, and other such things."
>>671870
"I am pleased to meet all of you… but, I am afraid I am on my way to the Donkey Tribe to deliver a letter. If you all are going that way, I would be happy to travel with all of you."

 No.671872

>>671870
"I uh… Have beet juice in my canteen… I-its warm by now though so maybe I'll just say it's beet tea…" He blushes "And thank you, but the most I did was supporting you. You and miss Astra and the gryphon carried us to victory… And the gooey one too. Where is it though?"
>>671871
"A bow can be very deadly in skilled hands. Even against a mighty towering colossus" he encourages
"Now let me take a look, please tell me where the pain is the strongest" he sits down behind the gryphon and begins to heal

 No.671873

>>671872
Alder takes a seat and spreads out his abnormally long wings, before gesturing to a pair of spots on the midpoints of the wings "These here, as well as closer down to the bases of them. I was not able to find much in the way of wind drafts, so I was not able to glide any. That and the heat wore me out quicker than I had expected."

 No.671874

>>671871
"We are," he responds. "We have business with the leader of the Donkey Tribe concerning our accomplishment. Traveling together would be of mutual benefit, this one believes."

>>671872
"Oh, forget the toast then," he says with a slight chuckle. "It is not necessary for celebrating our triumph, is it?"

 No.671875

>>671873
"O-oh my…" He says breathlessly "Those wings are quite a s-sight, Mister Alder"
He clears his throat and focuses, his necklace glowing faintly "But yes, the desert is very dangerous.. Why have you even come here alone?"
>>671874
Nodding, he keeps himself focused on the gryphon "Yes sir. But we can celebrate together tonight and get ourselves a much deserved night of rest under the stars, with our minds clear and our bellies full"

 No.671876

>>671875
"True," he nods. "This is hardly the place to be feasting. Perhaps the celebrations should wait until we are out of this forsaken desert."

>>671875
>>671873
"The Maali raises a good question," he adds. "What brings you out here, friend Alder? There is naught here but bloodthirsty beasts such as this one." He gives the dead scorpion a good kick.

 No.671877

>>671874
"Oh, excellent. I would be happy to travel with others, especially in a land as harsh as this."
>>671875
Alder cocks his head to the side before twisting his neck around to look behind him "O-Oh! Thank you, Maali. They can be a bit of a hassle at times, though…"
>>671875
>>671876
"To the forbidden lands? W-Well, I came to grow stronger. I am not well-respected amongst my tribe, so I have come here to prove myself..n-not that it turned out to be a-anything like the legends told of."

 No.671878

>>671876
>>671877
"I am relieved we found him. Who knows what could have happened to a gryphon that cannot fly alone in the desert?"

"Wait, you said you were from a tribe? I was too! But why were you not respected?… Did they mocked your large wings?"

 No.671879

>>671878
"My wings? No, of course not. The northern tribes tend to respect their people based on their usefullness. To put it plainly, I lack the physical strength, or the hardiness, to contribute like others. I came here to try and find the power and wealth spoken of, because I could prove my worth in such a way."

 No.671880

>>671879
He smiles "Funny.. That sounds a bit familiar to how it was in my tribe… I felt like a weakling, but the way to inner strength doesn't lie here… But the power and wealth are easy to find…"

 No.671881

>>671880
"It is nice to have another that understands, at least." He shuffles around and folds his wings back in, before pulling Maali into a quick, tight hug "Thank you dearly for tending to my injuries, Maali. My wings feel as good as new!"

 No.673291

>>671866
Post dem sheets!

 No.673292


 No.673293


 No.673294

File: 1472954709405.png (9.12 KB, 426x364, 1463677226875.png)


 No.673295


 No.673296


 No.673297

>>673292
>>673293
>>673294
>>673295
>>673296
Maali 6/5 (5[+1]/5) (Status Effects: Can't Swim. -2 Swim Rolls.)
Mercer 8/5 (8/5)
Astra 5/5 (5/5)
Succinite 5/5 (5/5)
Alder 5/5 (5/5)

Current Companion - Rosa 5/5 (5/5)


When we last left the Forbidden Land's band of colossi-slaying adventurers, they were making their way southwest for the Donkey Tribal village which is built to the face of a mountain. They now arrive at the front gates where a single Donkey stands, his wraps completely covering his face from the sand blowing in a gentle breeze and his orange worn jacket protecting him from the sun.

When everyone draws closer, they notice it was the Donkey that Ragsen had hit during your first encounter! "Auch, would ye look at that! We heard a lotta shakin' from the east dunes. Did ye actually fight that Beast? And where's ya similar-bandaged friend Ragsen?" Razi asks, looking about to see if he might be in the distance.

Rosa walks along next to Succinite. "Actually… Where DID he go? I do remember there being a donkey with you guys when you rescued me. Did he run off like that Widowmaker guy?" She asks curiously, pondering where they could even run off to.

"Bah who cares, just come on in! I'm sure yer tired from all that walkin'. Been pretty hot out lately! BAH HA HA HA!!" Razi laughs at his own joke, obviously he's been out in the sun too long. He digs through the sand and pulls up on a latch, pulling up a hidden door under the sand dune to reveal the entrance tunnel into their mountain-side village. "By the way, what is that yer holdin' there little Deer?" Razi asks Maali.

 No.673298

>>673297
Alder cuts away from the group long enough to make his way up to the guard and tries to compose himself as best he can "Uhm, hello! I have a letter from the Temple for the leader of the Donkey Tribe!" His wings flutter a little, but otherwise he keeps himself composed

 No.673299

>>673298
"From Emon, that is. I wasn't given many other details sve for I needed to give it straight to the leader."

 No.673300

>>673297
"The Ragsen has left us on a personal errand of some importance," Mercer explains to Rosa. "It will be some time ere he returns to join us on our travels. If he returns at all…"

He turns back to Razi. "The deed is done," he boasts, with one hand on the hilt of his sword. "The Beast of the Sands has met its doom. It was a long and arduous battle, and death awaited us on black wings more than once, but by working as one, we banished it to the void."

 No.673301

>>673297
"Why thank you! It'd be nice to get out of the sun for a while, the last thing i'd want is to end up with sunburns!"

Hopping off the trunk, i make my way down into the hatch, my wooden assistant shaking sand off of it's body before pattering closely behind.

 No.673302

>>673297
She walks past Razi to see if there are any valuables lying around.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.673303

>>673297
''I am not sure… I have not seen our friends… Donkeys are strange ones, Disappearing like that…'' Maali looks back at the party ''But at least what we don't lack is friends to help''

Hearing Razi's question, he looks down at the orb he tied to his bag, looking down at it ''Oh, this is… the soul of the colossus we defeated in the sands…''

 No.673304

File: 1472957555089.jpg (359.19 KB, 1024x768, Mountainside Temple.jpg)

>>673298
>>673299
"Letter? Oh I'm not the one who takes Delivery Boys letters. If it's from that old Goat from the temple then ye best be wantin' to give it to our Chief, Wonjin." Razi says, taking the lead to escort you through the tunnel.

>>673301
"Why do ye think we wear these bandages and jackets? Ye don't think it's just for style do ye?" Razi says, closing the door behind the group after they make it into the lit tunnel.

>>673300
"Ye really did it?" Razi asks with a bit of disbelief. "I hope ye don't mind me askin' for proof." He says, before looking to Maali for said proof.

>>673303
"By Wonjin's fat belly! Ye actually did it?!" Razi asks, blown away as he looks closely at the soul… yet dare not touch it. "Auch… Wonjin is going to REALLY want to see this. Alright, come along!" Razi says, continuing to lead the way.

>>673302
You're the first to make it to the most valuable thing here. The view.


Razi brings everyone out to entering balcony, small tables and seats are set up where a few Donkeys are enjoying some tea. A nice cool breeze is blowing through the area to cool down everyone. Staring out into the ocean you can see the sun setting, allowing the veil of the mist to weaken and give a hazed view of the sea beyond.

"Follow me if ye wantin' to meet with Chief Wonjin, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to hear of the defeat of that desert scourge!" Razi says, going to the right where the largest building rests.

 No.673305

Alder nods a little and hangs back to fall in with the rest of the party, his tail flicking a little in relief as they head on inside. He gasps a little as the village comes in to view, slowing his pace a little to take it all in

 No.673306

>>673304
"Very well. It's been quite a while since we last saw the Chief, i certainly hope all was well while we were away?" i ask, following the messenger.

 No.673307

>>673304
>>673301
Succinite draws suspiciously close to Astragalus, offering a coin.

 No.673308

>>673304
There is a big smile on the deer's face as he follows the Razi. he waves at the other donkeys while he passes by
''I am sure he won't be the only one… Did you donkeys also had troubles with the desert colossus in the past?''

 No.673309

>>673304
He takes in the gorgeous seaside view, wrinkling his nose somewhat at the salty smell in the air. He doesn't seem to hear Razi at first as he's lost in thought for a brief moment. "Hm?" He turns to face the donkey when he's done taking in the view. "Oh, of course. Lead on, friend Razi." He follows him into the building, looking around at the other villagers curiously.

 No.673310

>>673307
>>673304

Eying the goo pony slithering closer, i take the coin it was holding out to me, examining it with curiosity.

"Oh? for me? how thoughtful!"

 No.673311

>>673306
>>673309
"Well… We did spot those 'Sisters' that took control over me an me pals. I swear, never make deals with changelings. But they didn't seem to come anywhere near us, just flew off to the far north." Razi says, bringing you into the Feast Hall where you all last sat with Chief Wonjin.

>>673306
>>673307
>Succinite gives Astra 1 gold coin, leaving Succinite at 19 and Astra at 1.

>>673308
"We have tried fightin' it with our fire arts… But the beast was too resistant to it. It's taken at least over fifty of our own over the years, the numbers growing less as we just gave up trying. But now we don't have to worry!"

>>673305
You follow behind the group, taking in the sights around you.


Razi leads the group into the Feast Hall where Chief Wonjin and several other donkeys sit, eating together with their facewraps unwraveled to make it easier for them to eat. "AH! Look at what we have here, been a few moons since I've seen ye last. Come, come! Sit and eat!" Wonjin greets, waving a hoof over as they bring in more plates of food. It's quite odd to see how these desert dwellers are able to stockpile so much fruit to prepare for meals.

"Chief Wonjin, they got the soul of the beast with them. They really did what you told them to do!" Razi boasts for the group.

"Really? This I have to see, show it to me." Wonjin asks, leaning in closer over the table towards the group.

 No.673312

>>673311
''Oh, of course…'' The deer speaks up, taking a step foward and untying the inky, shiny sphere off his side and holding it up for the donkey to see ''Here it is, master Wonjin''

 No.673313

Alder comes in shortly after the rest of the group, hurrying to catch up before stopping just behind Mercer and Maali, before taking a chance to get a closer look at the Colossus soul himself

 No.673314

>>673311
"Ah, the dark sisters," he says grimly as they travel. "This one hopes they may get what they deserve soon. Fiends of the highest order, to be sure." He clenches his fist in frustration at the memory of his humiliation in the manor.

>>673312
>>673311
He bows respectfully to Wonjin as he enters the hall. "Behold!" he proclaims, gesturing at Maali dramatically. "The colossus' soul! By our hand the beast is slain!"

 No.673315

>>673311
>Fix: 217 coins, not 19.

 No.673316

>>673310
She puts her hoof onto the trunk, trying to peer through the keyhole greedily.

>>673311
She eats one fruit, but starts keeping the rest in her bag.

 No.673317

>>673311
"Quite the feat, bringing the colossus down! We had almost lost the fight our first try. Thankfully with our combined effort we finished the creature."

taking a seat, i pull a bowl of fruit over, taking a few bites before speaking.

"Alder and the others were quite the help felling it. I believe he has a note for you, as well."

 No.673318

>>673317
Alder looks from the colossus soul up at the mention of his name, and nods a little before hurrying up to hand the note over to Wonjin "R-Right! I-It's from Emon, at the temple."

 No.673319

>>673312
There's a cold silence in the room, Wonjin stares intensely at the strange gem. He can't help but chuckle, one that slowly grows into a boisterous laugh. "A fitting black soul for an evil beast!" He says, tension in the room relaxing once more. "Well… a promise is a promise. Ye can take back the coin we took from the Earth Ponies. What you decide to do with it is up to ye. But for now, enjoy your food!" He says, grabbing a plate of sliced carrots for himself.

>>673316
You scoop up several small kiwi-like fruits into your bag.

>Gain +10 Kiwi-like fruits.


>>673317
"Hah, 'First try', I am not surprised ye failed the first time. It took all of us by surprise." Wonjin says. His attention is then brought to Alder.

>>673318
"Do ye now? Well hand it here, I'll read it over while you enjoy a meal." Wonjin says, giving you a smile and a pat on the shoulder for doing a good job, taking the note from you to read as well.

>>673317
>>673316
The fruit itself tastes immensely sweet, yet somehow turns into an earthy aftertaste. Your belly feels warm.


Wonjin sits there as you all enjoy your meal, reading the note over that Alder delivered. He looks up to all of you for a moment before looking back to the note. With a long sigh he then gets up, "I will be right back, Beast Slayers. It seems Emon has asked me a favor… I will explain when I come back." Wonjin says, beginning to head through a door leading to a set of stairs going down.

Rosa walks in shortly after he leaves, sighing in relief before sitting down at the table next to Succinite. "Phew, finding their bathrooms took forever. Oh! Cave Plumbs!" Rosa says, pulling over a plate of the small sweet and earthy "plumbs".

 No.673320

>>673319
Maali stares at the food for a while after putting the gem back on his inventory
He starts to eat in silence for a while, then glances at the party ''It is very nice of them to share their food with us. I wonder if they have spare spices'' the deer comments before taking a bite of one of the 'plumbs'

 No.673321

>>673319
Alder passes the note over with a happy nod and takes a seat next to Maali and taking one of the 'plumbs' "What are 'cave plumbs'? I do not think I have heard of them."

 No.673322

>>673316
"You won't find anything much in there, my friend. The Trunk is more of a portal than a storage space."

"Whatever i can think of, i can look for inside, with varying success." i mention after taking another bite of fruit.

"Care for a demonstration?"

 No.673323

>>673322
She nods at a snail's pace.

 No.673324

>>673321
''They are these sweet juicy fruit'' He accentuates by taking a bite of one ''I did not know there was a kind that could grow on caves though, amazing!''

 No.673325

>>673319
"We thank you for your boon, Chief Wonjin," he says with a grin. "And for your hospitality!" He takes a seat at the table next to the rest of his friend and tucks into the plumbs. "Hm. Very sweet, these fruits. But not distastefully so." He pours himself some mead and takes a swig.

>>673320
He nods in agreement. "Truly these donkeys are a kindly folk, when they are not harrowing the other natives that is. Hopefully this great victory will ease relations between the two tribes. We have done well this day, truly."

>>673321
"This one believes they are endemic to this land," he explains. "Not a fruit this one is familiar with, but they are quite pleasant." He gazes at the doorway Wonjin left through. "This one hopes the note did not contain anything upsetting. Did you happen to read it, by any chance?"

 No.673326

>>673325
''Y-yes… This feels very nice… Knowing that we did a great thing for all the ones of these tribes. I feel like a h-hero, mister Mercer!''

 No.673327

>>673323
>>673319
"Very well!"

Hopping up from my meal, i meander over to the trunk, knocking on the lid.

with a hollow sound, the trunk lid creaks open, revealing an expanse of nothing inside.

"Now, say i'm looking for a new hat around here but I've yet to find one. With a bit of searching inside, i could find just the thing i'm looking for!"

leaning in, i try to find a new hat to help shade myself through the desert.
[1d10] Hat trick: Sun hat

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.673328

>>673327
You pull out a sun hat that can still sit upon someone's head, but the top of it has a giant hole in it.

 No.673329

>>673328
>>673323

Rolling my eyes, i hold the hat out to Succinite.

"As you can see, i can pull whatever i'd like out, though what i find is never a sure thing."

 No.673330

>>673324
>>673325
"A fruit native to this land? I see!" the griffon chirps as he takes a bite of it and nods "It is quire pleasant, indeed!" he freezes up a little, before shaking his head vigorously "Oh, nononono. I was told not to open the letter, I have no clue what it might be."

 No.673331

>>673330
He nods. "Understandable. The Wonjin seemed troubled by the news it bore. We would do well to ask him about it when he returns." He munches thoughtfully on a plumb. "So you have met the Emon, then? A wise leader, he is. And thoughtful."

>>673326
"Indeed you are, friend Maali. We all are on this blessed day," he replies with a smile on his face. "Brave heroes, each and every one of us!" He raises his mug of mead in a toast. "To our valor, our victory, and the wars to come! Galan-de negol ademagon!"

 No.673332

>>673325
The mead tastes buttery and smooth, quite the pleasant drink to warm your belly with.

>>673320
>>673321
>>673322
>>673323
>>673325
>Ready to continue on?

 No.673333

>>673331
Alder nods in response, finishing off his fruit before speaking up "Yes, indeed. He was one of the ones who helped me through my initial weeks in this land. H-He pays well enough for the courier business, and always seems very polite." the griffon states with a flick of his tail

>>673332
ye boi

 No.673334

>>673331
Maali quickly looks for a mug to raise, copying Mercer's movements ''G-galan de na something something…''
and takes a swig of the mug
'1d3' water, mead or juice
>>673332
yes

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.673335

>>673329
Succinite takes off her own sun hat, one without a hole in the middle, and presents it to Astragalus, as if to show her how it's done, apparently not understanding that Astragalus did not intend to retrieve a damaged one.

>>673332

 No.673336

>>673333
>>673334
>>673335
Wonjin comes back through the same door he left, holding an ancient coin looking exactly like the coin you could see in the Temple of Light. A female donkey follows behind him, holding another one that seems to have the stains of moss on it. "Emon asked of me to lend him our coin. If ye be friends of him.. then I trust he has good intentions. I will just have to ask back for it, INTACT, when he is finished. Ye can come back anytime ye want Beast Slayers, I'll even give ye a place to rest once more. Now who wants to carry these? They better be careful hooves." Wonjin says, looking to the crew.

>Obtained Donkey Tribe Coin and Earth Pony Coin. That's three out of six if you include Emon's coin! But do you still return to the Earth Ponies with it?

 No.673337

>>673332
>ready

>>673335
"Erm.. Exactly! That would be what i was after."

"Quite the loyal companion, the trunk. Not very accurate, but loyal."

>>673336
"Maali had done such a nice job carrying the crystal, why not give them to him? I'm sure he'd love to help."

 No.673338

>>673336
''Oh, thank you so much!… I uh… Think mister Mercer would like to carry it. He has very good han-err paws''

 No.673339

>>673337
''B-b-but I..''

 No.673340

>>673336
She bites down onto the coin, holding it securely.

>>673337
Succinite holds out her hat for Astragalus.

 No.673341

>>673336
Alder watches intently, before piping up with "I could hold the coin, if no-" he stops as Succinite takes the coin in her mouth, before clacking his beak a little "O-Or, this works too."

 No.673342

>>673332
Sure

>>673334
He doesn't seem to notice Maali butchering his native tongue as he drinks deep. "Yes, a worthy toast for such a great victory. It will be told from father to son for many a generation. Er, hopefully."

>>673333
"Indeed," he replies. "He seems to play such a role for everyone who comes to this land. Ourselves included. It is at his behest that we find ourselves here, in fact. Apologies if one of our company has explained this to you beforehand, but the Emon believes that if the sacred coins worshipped by the tribes of this land can be united, then the colorless fog that threatens to envelop it may be dispersed. When we reached the earth pony tribe, we found that the donkeys had taken their coin from them. And when we came to parley with the donkeys, they agreed to trade it in return for us slaying the Beast of the Sands. And so became our destination…"

>>673336
"It would be a great honor for this one to bear such a priceless artifact," he boasts, slurring his words somewhat and puffing out his chest proudly. "In the name of the ancestors, Beastslayer Mercer wi-"

>>673340
"Oh." He seems somewhat dejected, but accepts it.

 No.673343

>>673340
"Oh.. You're giving me your hat?"

taking ahold of the sun hat, i pop it onto my head, adjusting the angle of it to fit.

"I'll have to find you another hat later, friend. Once we get back to the temple perhaps i can try to fish one out of the trunk again, eh?"

>>673339
"Well i suppose mercer could hold them, Dear. Not to worry, he'll take care of them just as well."

 No.673344

>>673342
"I do not believe I have heard as much, no. It was more… small talk on the way over here, I suppose?" the griffon responds with, before ruffling his wings a little and nodding "So, are you all trying to gather all of the coins you can manage? How many have you obtained so far?" he asks, clacking his beak a couple times

 No.673345

>>673342
''Y-yes! father to children, yep'' He nervously raises the mug again and muttering ''If we even manage to stay alive until then…''
>>673343
''Well, our goo friend is very eager to carry it… we can trust it''

 No.673346

>>673337
>>673338
>>673340
>>673341
"Well, that works." Wonjin says with a laugh.

>Succinite is now carrying the Earth Pony coin.


>>673342
Wonjin walks over to hand you the other coin.

>Mercer is holding the Donkey Tribe Coin.


"Be careful with them you two, they're priceless!" Wonjin warns.


>You may continue to talk to NPCs, explore the temple, or skip to the next day to venture to the Earth Tribe or Temple of Light.

 No.673347

>>673346
Maali decides to take a walk among the Jacks and Jennies in their temple before spending the night for meditation

 No.673348

>>673346
"I would like to talk longer, but the past few days have left me exhausted. I-I would love to return sometime in the future though, Chief Wonjin!" he says with an excited chirp, his tail perking up excitedly

 No.673349

>>673343
She squats down in front of trunk impatiently.

>>673346
She looks around for things that won't be missed, and leaves a coin as payment if she finds anything to take.

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.673350

>>673349
>>673346

"Well.. we could try and find one now, though the magic involved can become unstable if we keep pulling hats out so often.."

with the lid creaking open once again, i try and fish out a new hat for Succinite.
[1d10] Hat trick: Sun hat

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.673351

>>673344
"Including these two, that gives us… three." He shrugs nonchalantly. "Even so, we are halfway towards completing our mission. It has been an arduous journey, and doubtless we will need more assistance than just the six of us to face what perils may come. To this end, this one is grateful for your company." He smiles encouragingly.

>>673345
He frowns. "What do you mean by that? Do you not trust in yourself and in your friends? Have courage, friend Maali. No matter how hard the cold wind blows, we mountains will not crumble before it. Whatever awaits us, we are inseparable!"

>>673346
He bows deeply to Wonjin as he receives the coin, stumbling a bit. "It is a great honor to bear this in your name, o Wonjin. Rest assured, the coins will remain safe and sound."

With that, he carefully wraps the coin in cloth and tucks it in his backpack before adjourning to their allotted dormitories to get a good night's rest, but not before taking a few more cave plumbs to snack on during tomorrow's trip.

 No.673352

>>673351
The northern griffon nods a little in response, before shrugging "I am sure it will, but you have made excellent progress, it seems! If everything goes as it did against the Beast of the Sands, things might go we-" Alder blinks a couple times, before nodding vigorously and smiling gratefully, before chirping happily in response "I am more than willing to offer what assistance I can!"

 No.673353

File: 1472964905254.jpg (801.81 KB, 1024x768, 1439094152957.jpg)

>>673347
You find a room of monks meditating as well, joining with them for a few hours before sleepily wandering off to bed.

>>673348
"Return any time you wish, little messenger. Perhaps we could teach ye how to survive the deserts longer if the adventuring life does not turn out to be yours."

>>673349
You wander about the temple, eventually finding yourself in a small library. You see a student sitting there reading, you join in to see the words yet not quite understand them. The student can't help but notice you after you stare long enough. He closes the book and holds it up to you, offering it to you as if you might be interested to take it and read.

Over the night you find some pages with pictures on them, showing drawings of what looks like blobs of fire with eyes and arms or magnificent beasts made of flames. Pretty cool read.

>>673350
You pull out the most exquisite sunhat you've ever seen.

>Sunhat: Protects you from the sun while walking on a hot day.


>>673351
Wonjin bows to you, Razi showing you to your room for the night. This time you sleep quite a bit more comfortably, given the special treatment style room with a nice comfy bed.


Everyone sleeps comfortably, the beds are quite soft and warm and the smell of the sea is quite refreshing. Wonjin is nowhere to be found in the morning, but there is still a meal made for you as well as a refilling all of your canteens and rations for your trip to the Temple of Light. You venture East, stepping out of the desert and into the grasslands once more. After a few more hours of walking you come to a choice, you can head north to the canyon leading back to the Temple or continue East to the Earth Pony Tribe.

"So we're going to see the pony tribe before we head back to the temple, right?" Rosa asks, looking about the group while holding the map. "It doesn't look that much further from here."

 No.673354

>>673353
Hoofing off the Exquisite sunhat to Succinite, i take a closer look at the map.

"I suppose so, we ought to see what the next plan of action is, now that we have the Donkey tribe coin."

 No.673355

>>673353
"I would love to take you up on that… but, I-I think this might go better than I expect." he responds with, before setting off to his room.
He's feeling much better as they set out the next day, but to be on the safe side he does't do all that much in the way of flight. He looks between the two paths, before humming a little "Well, I still have a letter to deliver to the Earth Pony tribe's chieftain, so I would vote to go to them."

 No.673356

>>673353
>>673354
>>673347
She leaves behind an extra coin in exchange for the picture book. She heads wherever the party's going.

She sticks close to Maali to share her hat's shade with him.

 No.673357

>>673353
>>673354
>>673355
"This one sides with the Alder on this matter," he states. "The letter from Emon seems paramount in the fulfilment of his plan to banish the fog. We should make for the Earth Pony tribe posthaste."

 No.673358

>>673354
"Well if Alder has another note from Emon then maybe they'll hoof over the coin." Rosa says, pondering about that a bit longer. "Well… IF they hoof it over." She adds.

>>673355
"That looks like two votes for the Earth Tribe." Rosa counts up the votes.

>>673356
You feel extra stylish with your new sunhat.

>+1 to stylish.


>>673357
"Do you think he'll begin to be less secretive with this 'clear the fog' idea? How do you think those three other tribes will react when we ask for the coins?" Rosa asks, beginning to travel for the Earth Pony Tribe seeing as the votes point towards that.


It takes only about a half an hour more for you to find the entrance, Earth Pony guards standing out front of the entrance into the massive root covered colosseum. "Welcome travelers, You may come in, but remember to keep violence out of our home." The Guard warns, as if told to say that to all travelers.

 No.673359

>>673358
"Perhaps! If they were insistent on getting it back though, they might not be so willing to give it up so soon after they regained it… but, who knows? The note seemed important."

 No.673360

>>673358
"If fate wills it, they will see reason and give them up easily," he answers Rosa. "This one has heard ill rumors of the Minotaur Tribe, however. That they are a brutish, savage sort that thrive off the ill-gotten gains of the other tribes. Negotiating with such barbarians may not be an easy endeavor."

He salutes the Earth Pony guard and proceeds, searching for their tribal leader.

 No.673361

>>673360
"I haven't met one myself yet actually… I hope they're not really as bad as I've heard about them though." She converses more.

>>673358
As the party talks between one another, they make their way into the massive overgrown colosseum, the inside still a beautiful lush garden growing over old ruins as last time. The Elder Jidos sitting at the base of the tree Yllaste.

>Pausing.

 No.674049

>>673361
Post your sheets!

 No.674050

File: 1473560154069.jpg (Spoiler Image, 181.24 KB, 1600x1200, bears.jpg)


 No.674051

File: 1473560332539.png (22.46 KB, 828x568, 1461470846649.png)


 No.674052


 No.674053


 No.674054


 No.674055

>>674051
>>674052
>>674053
>>674054
Maali 6/5 (5[+1]/5) (Status Effects: Can't Swim. -2 Swim Rolls.)
Mercer 8/5 (8/5)
Astra 5/5 (5/5)
Succinite 5/5 (5/5)
Alder 5/5 (5/5)

Current Companion - Rosa 5/5 (5/5)


When we last left our giantslayers, they had just arrived at the Overgrown Colossium where the Earth Pony Tribe has called their home. From the outside the entire thing is covered in roots and vines, obscuring the stone and creating the illusion of a root wall. When they pass through the guarded entrance, they are greeted once again to the sight of the great tree Yllaste and the beautiful garden-like Overgrown Colosseum.

In the distance they can see Kratz, to Alder this comes as a surprise seeing as how he last saw the dragon at the Temple of Light. Yet Mercer, Astra and Maali have already been told of his "illusion". The vomitoriums set up to be used as living space as well as some of the space higher up where spectators once sat, supports set up under the small huts to give it a flat space. Locals tend to the crops set up in the arena gardens, repairing or constructing the small huts set up on the seats or other sort of small work. Near the base of Yllaste is Elder Jidos, chieftain of the Earth Tribals. Possibly communing with the tree once more.

 No.674056

>>674049
"Right, our first order of business is to speak with the elder, now that we've got the coins."

tapping the lid, the trunk lurches forward towards the chieftain. "We haven't lost the coins along the way, have we?"

 No.674057

>>674055
Alder cocks his head to the side and lets out a soft, confused little chirp "I-I guess he just goes where he pleases, then. Uhm… where would I find the chieftain? I assume you all know where he is, as you have been here before?" he asks, taking some time to lag behind the group and get a good look at the Colosseum

 No.674058

>>674055
She waddles around, coin held in mouth, as she looks for some drinks to steal. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3

 No.674059

>>674055
Mercer takes a moment to admire the natural beauty of the area before moving onward to greet the chief.

>>674057
"Not exactly," he explains. "Rather, the Kratz appears to be in both locations simultaneously. …This one is unsure of the logistics of such a feat, but perhaps it is better not to dwell on such thoughts." He trails off for a moment. "The elder should be somewhere in this direction. Let us move, yes?"

>>674056
"Fret not, friend Astra," he reassures her. "The coin is safe and sound in this one's possession. And presumably in our good compeer's also." He nods towards Succinite.

>>674058
"Is it not so, viscous one?" he asks to confirm the above. "Is the artifact secure?"

 No.674060

>>674059
"Ah. I shall trust your opinion on this, Mister Mercer. And alright! Let us move!" he says, chirping happily as he moves off of the rather confusing topic of the dragon, and follows behind Mercer

 No.674061

>>674058
You waddle up to Kratz's stand, setting down the coin and smacking your hoof down like an old salty asking for a drink. Kratz stares at you for a moment before pulling out a small juice box to offer you, assuming you're like other goos who love sweet juicy drinks.

>>674059
>>674057
>>674056
The group, except for succinite, approaches Jidos. Feeling your footsteps, the old pony awakens from his "meditation", although it looked more like a nap up close. His head turns as you greet him. "Ah, it's you three again. Were you finally able to take back Yllaste's Amulet?" Jidos asks, standing up with the sounds of old joints popping back into place in a few spots.

>Mercer has the Donkey Tribe coin while Succinite has the Earth Tribe coin.

 No.674062

File: 1473563432734.jpg (12.93 KB, 320x320, 1463525014671.jpg)

>>674059
She makes a garbled noise, but has the coin securely in her mouth.

>>674061
She then trades it for a drink, sipping away contentedly.

 No.674063

>>674061
''Y-you mean the four of us, i'm h-here too! haha…''
Maali clears his throat ''The Yllaste's Amulet?… That is the coin, right? Because we did get it, Mister Mercer has it with him''

 No.674064

>>674061
Alder hangs in the back as he greets the rest of the group, letting them take care of the coin business before he hands over the letter

 No.674065

>>674061
"We have indeed! Quite the long story but we've successfully retrieved what you were looking for."

 No.674066

>>674062
"Excellent!" he says with an encouraging smile. "Do not stray far, for it is of vital importance." He moves along, assuming she is following closely.

>>674061
"It is so," he replies, raising his hand in greeting as he approaches. "Not only that, but we have retrieved the artifact belonging to the donkey tribe also. Rest assured, they will harrow your people no longer." He holds up the donkey tribe coin as proof. "As for your Amulet, it is safe in the clutches of our loyal compa-"

He stops mid-sentence as he looks around in sudden confusion. "…Where is she now? Hopefully no harm has come…"

 No.674067

>>674062
That's a pretty good drink, not as cold as you'd expect but still good.

>>674063
"I do not know the griffon with you, so that makes three of you." The Elder says, looking to Mercer after your comment. "Does he now?"

>>674064
You wait patiently.

>>674065
>>674066
"Well, where is our Amulet Mister Mercer?" Jidos asks. Both Mercer and Astra see Succinite enjoying a juice box near Kratz's stand, said golden dragon also inspecting the coin she just gave to him.

 No.674068

>>674066
''I think she was right there with Kratz, Mister Mercer'' He points at the general direction of the goo
>>674067
''I uh… J-just a moment''

 No.674069

>>674066
>>674067

Alder pokes his head up, before looking around and ruffling his wings "I was sure she came in with us… should I go take a look for her?" he asks, his tail flicking about a little bit as he looks back

 No.674070

>>674067
"O-Oh! Right, before we go to look for her-" he digs around in his pack, before pulling out the letter from the Temple and handing it over to the chief

 No.674071

>>674067
She sits, wearing a contemplative expression that reeks of existential despair.

 No.674072

>>674067
"W-why it's just off in my other trunk! I'll need just a moment to retrieve it, not to worry!"

dismounting the trunk, i start making my way towards Kratz's stall, hiding my panic

 No.674073

>>674068
>>674067
"It is… Er… Th… P… J-Just one moment." He backs away and looks around frantically, eventually spotting the coin at Kratz's stand. He trips and almost falls as he makes a beeline for Kratz, shuffling as fast as he can while making sure to keep the other coin safe.

 No.674074

>>674068
Jidos waits patiently, yet annoyed.

>>674070
"Hmm? For me?" Jidos asks curiously, taking the letter from you. "Hmn… This seal is from Emon… What does that old goat want from me this time." He grumbles, opening the letter to read it carefully.

>>674068
>>674072
>>674071
>>674073
Succinite sits there, catching a glimpse of Mercer, Astra and Maali rushing over. Kratz looks up from his coin inspection to greet the group with a smile. "Hallo, Isn't it mein favorite customers. How have you been?" He greets, still holding the mossy coin.

 No.674075

>>674074
Alder nods quietly and takes a few steps back, politely settling on his haunches as he waits for the group to return

 No.674076

>>674074
Maali stubmles his way to the tent right behind Mercer and Astra, leaning over the counter
''M-m-mmMister Kratz! H-hi hello good day I hope you are doing good and all but… our uh… Friend, the gooey one over there'' He points to Succinite
''T-that one, she was holding that coin but now you have the coin a-and she has a little box thingie?'' He shakes his head ''Anyways, that coin, w-we need it! it was probally just a big mistake from her, i'm very sorry''

 No.674077

>>674074
>>674076
"Exactly, and i'd greatly appreciate it if you would let us have our coin back. I'm certain whatever our friend bought with it can be returned?"
[1d10+1] Persuasion

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.674078

>>674074
She begins looking around for more things to loot. [1d10+2]

>>674076
She holds out the juice box to him, but begins to look at his equipment, evidently looking for something to trade for.

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3

 No.674079

>>674078
He blinks, awkwardly holding the juice box "W-what is this…? Hey! Hey hey, don't- W-what are you doing?! That isn't yours!" he shoos her away

 No.674080

>>674074
He hastily rushes over to Kratz, trying to catch his breath as he raises one hand again. "Greetings… friend… The coin… There… Our friend traded… Need it… The Emon…" He leans against the side in exhaustion, leaving his companions to do the talking for once.

 No.674081

>>674080
Maali pats Mercer in the back "Easy Mister Mercer… Remember, breathe iiiinnn… Then ouuuut… Slowly"

 No.674082

>>674075
You sit and enjoy the sights around you, noticing the roots that covered the arena walls seems to be coming from the massive tree itself, making you wonder if the roots were hanging down or if they were growing up around the arena.

>>674076
"Oh? She traded za coin over to me, but if the coin is so important to you zen I'm villing to strike a… 'deal'." Kratz says all sultry like and with a wink.

>>674077
Kratz waits for Maali's reaction before laughing, holding the coin out to Astragalus. "Vell, I can open a tab just zis vonce. Find somezing vorth vile out there for me, not just from your box next time." Kratz says with a smile. "I vould like to see vat you could find."

>>674078
Oh shit, you find another juice box in a nearby basket.

>Obtain unopened juice box. Flavor unknown.


>>674080
"No vorries, Astragalus and I have made a deal." Kratz informs you after handing over the coin to Astra.

 No.674083

>>674082
>>674079
She offers Maali the other juice box as well, clearly quite obsessed with getting something out of him.

 No.674084

>>674082
"Ah, very well. Thank you, Kratz!"

taking the coin from him, i keep ahoof of it, hopping back onto the trunk before making my way back to the Chieftain.

"Once we find something of note, you'll be the first to know!" i call back, waving a hoof as the trunk moves away.

 No.674085

>>674082
He sighs "T-thank you Mister Kratz. I promise I will give you something worth of the trade…"
>>674083
The small deer tried to angrily glare at the goo, but is taken back and confused as he's given more boxes
" W-what is… I don't understand, what are these boxes, why are you giving them to me?!"

 No.674086

>>674082
"Excuse me, chieftain, is the tree growing up through the arena, or have they just covered it?" he asks, looking away from the scenery to Jidos and waiting for a response

 No.674087

>>674082
>>674081
He does as Maali says and takes a deep breath, sighing with relief that Kratz handed it over. "Thank you for your cooperation, friend Kratz," he says finally. "We are in your service. Rest assure, we shall bring you trinkets and baubles of great value as recompense." Glaring daggers at Succinite, he begins to make his way back to Elder Jidos.

 No.674088

>>674084
Kratz waves you off. "Remember, it's an I. O. UUUU" He calls back flamboyantly.

>>674083
>>674085
Succinite notices the smell of Riverberries in a small pack Maali is carrying. Every goo knows these barries are the best around.

>What will Maali trade for the juice box?


>>674086
Jidos looks up from the letter for a moment to gaze at you, before looking back down at the letter to multitask. "You may call me Jidos, young griffon. Many years ago my people found this massive stone structure, believing it could protect us from the wild animals that lived within the woods. My ancestors planted a seed… spending many months praying to mother moon for blessings of protection. One day… the moon unleashed a glow so bright, it pierced the mists… even for just a moment. The glow gave life to the seed, growing to the size you see now. Yllaste, our guardian tree, rose her roots around our home to forever protect and watch over us." He says, telling this story as if he's told it many times before.

>>674087
You watch Succinite desperately to try and trade with Maali while you head back to where Alder is sitting.

 No.674089

>>674085
>>674088
She puts her hoof on the rope, evidently wanting to take it in exchange.
Though, she also has an eye on that pack of berries as well. She reaches out to take them, judging them a fair trade for 1.5 juice boxes.

 No.674090

>>674088
"Woah… all at once? That is fascinating!" he chirps, his wings flapping a couple times as he looks back towards the door, to check if any of the other members are returning with the coin

 No.674091

>>674088
Returning to the chieftain, i happily deposit the coin into his awaiting hooves.

"Here we are, the amulet as promised!" i say with a grin.

 No.674092

>>674088
He shakes his head in disbelief at the display and keeps moving. "We have returned," he declares as he approaches Jidos, gesturing towards Astra. "Apologies for the delay, but one of our company made a… small mistake."

 No.674093

>>674088
>>674089
"You… You want that?… " He tilts his head" Oh… Ooooh, you want to trade?" he leans closer to the goo

 No.674094

>>674090
"Hope is the strength of my people, well that and cultivation." Jidos says, lifting his head back up from the letter.

>>674091
>>674092
Jidos takes the coin, looking between it and the letter. He sighs silently before looking back up to the rest of you. "Emon is an old friend of mine… We once traveled the mountains near our home together. In his letter he mentions you two and the deer… Tell me, did the Donkeys give you their ancestral Amulet as well?" He asks, the letter likely having mentioned them as well.

>>674089
>>674093
>Succinite offers half of a tasty juice box and a full unknown flavored juice box from her inventory.

 No.674095

>>674094
"We do," he replies, holding it up for him to see. "It was no easy task convincing them to cooperate, and it nearly cost us our lives. In the end, however, we were victorious."

 No.674096

>>674094
>>674093
She takes the berries. Her facial expression is one of worry.

 No.674097

>>674094
>>674096
He purses his lips
"Well… Alright you can have it… But be careful with that"
He accepts the trade

 No.674098

>>674092
>>674095
"So you managed to find the goo pony? Wait, a mistake? I hope it is nothing too severe…" he looks over towards the Diamong Dog, nervously shuffling in place

 No.674099

>>674098
"…Yes, yes, there's no problem anymore. We have things under control. Everything is under control." He looks behind him to check if Maali and Succinite are coming.

 No.674100

>>674099
He waves with a juice box in hoof

 No.674101

>>674095
"I don't see why they would give up their Amulet to just a simple group of adventurers… you must have had to do something to impress them enough to give it to you." He says, holding over the coin back to you. "I will allow Emon to 'study' our coin more… but I would like it back in one piece."

>>674096
>>674097
>Maali obtains half of a tasty juice box and a full unknown flavored juice box
>Succinite obtains small bag of juicy Riverberries.


"I wish to ask all of you a favor." Jidos says, looking among the group. Maali and Succinite come over just in time as well. "First… tell me, what did you do to impress those donkeys?" He asks.

 No.674102

>>674101
"They had us slay a rather horrid Colossus, their scourge of the sands. Quite the fight, that one, we had nearly lost the battle our first attempt."

 No.674103

>>674101
"We slew the Beast of the Sands, that had vexed them for many a year," he answers. "We were almost slain ourselves the first time around, but by redoubling our efforts, and with the help of our newfound companions, the deed was done." He places one hand on the hilt of his sword fondly.

 No.674104

>>674101
She plays her maraca somberly.

 No.674105

>>674101
Maali nods silently, letting Mercer and Astra talk for him while he keeps trying to figure out the juice box
>>674104
"How do you… Use this thing?"

 No.674106

>>674101
"Mhmm! It was some kind of giant scorpion-like monster, from what I was able to see from above it. I only really came into help part of the way through, so I did not know they had seen it before."

 No.674107

>>674102
>>674103
>>674104
>>674105
>>674106
"A colossus…" He mumbles, wondering whether or not to believe you. "Very well… you may be able to do this if you truly are giantslayers…" Jodi says, resting his rump down onto the ground once more. "When Emon and I were younger, we found a hidden mountain pass southeast to the eastern land bridge… While I'm sure others have discovered it, we never saw anyone when we traveled through. Beyond the pass lies a once gentle beast, one who guards the graves of the 'old ones'. We dared not to enter these caves which reeked of death, it was not right to trample where the dead rest… The colossus who rests there was quite peaceful for many years, we could climb about it's body without irritating the beast even once. Yet when those deer tribals tried making the place their new 'home' a few years ago, Phaedra went mad. They sent one of their own asking for our help to soothe the beast, all we could do was escort their people out safely… Phaedra took a few lives from my Tribe." Jidos explains, taking a moment before finally making his request.

"I wish for you to soothe the beast. If you cannot… I wish for you to put her to an eternal rest. I cannot stand knowing such a peaceful giant has become a savage colossus, much like the rest of them." Jidos asks solemnly.

 No.674108

>>674107
"The old ones? Like, your ancestors? Or, is it something else?" he asks after Jidos has finished, before looking to the rest of the group "I-I am afraid I may not be much against a beast such as that, but I would be more than happy to help, Mister Jidos. If it was peaceful before, I am certain it is worth a try."

 No.674109

>>674107
"Hmm.. Ancient Beings of immense power.."

"I'll certainly see if we can fight such creatures. Perhaps there's knowledge to gain from the pass, something to help against the Colossi."

 No.674110

>>674105
"Here, allow me to try." He tries to figure out the juice box for Maali while he listens to Jidos.

[1d10] open Sesame

>>674107
He nods as he listens intently to the elder. "Then it shall be done. We will travel to this being's lair and try to make peace with her. If this cannot be done, then we will regrettably have to end her. Pray tell, however. What is the nature of this creature? Do you believe she could be made peace with, or is she too far gone?"

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.674111

>>674108
"I do not know… I never went into the graves themselves. Even my elders at the time said it was before their time or the time of our people." Jidos explains, bowing your head in thanks for accepting his request.

>>674109
"There was still more I'm sure Emon and I haven't explored up there. The graves alone scared us off from venturing too deeply.

>>674110
You figure it out and pop the straw through the small plastic hole on the top.

"I had a small group travel there with me so I could attempt to soothe her myself… But she would not listen to my voice, I could not even approach close enough to touch her without the risk of being crushed. A young one nearly lost their life trying to get me away from her, I'm unsure how she would react to strangers such as you."


Jidos smiles softly hearing that everyone is willing to give it a try. "I do not wish for you to throw away your lives either, so do not risk yourselves too much just to fulfill an insane request from an old pony like me. Now… if you do not need anything else from me, then I suggest you should head back to the Temple of Light. You may be able to get there by sundown if you leave soon." Jidos says.

 No.674112

>>674111
Alder nods a little in response, before offering an unsure smile "I am sure we will do our best. We will return, regardless of the result."
He looks between the other members of the group, before tilting his head "So… what do we need to do at the Temple?"

 No.674113

>>674111
"Ah, the wonders of hands," he grins as he hands the juice box to Maali before turning back to Jidos. "We shall do so posthaste, and make for mountain pass at daybreak. We shall do our best to bring peace to the Phaedra. This one hopes it does not come to violence, but we shall do what is necessary." He bows respectfully to the tribal leader before beginning to make his way towards the Temple.

 No.674114

>>674111
She begins heading to the temple of light.

 No.674115

>>674111
"Ah, you do have a point, as much as i love moonlight i suspect my friends won't be as keen for traveling in the dark."

bidding the Chieftain goodbye, i direct my trunk towards the entrance to the ruins, waving as my wooden steed trundles forward.

 No.674116

File: 1473573879473.png (Spoiler Image, 599.69 KB, 1500x2000, Activated Markings.png)

>>674112
>>674113
>>674114
>>674115
After making your farewells to Jidos, you make your way out of the Overgrown Colosseum and back on track to the Temple of Light. Just as Jidos says, you all arrive at the temple just as the sun begins to set and the sky has become a pinkish orange hue.

Inside the temple you notice it's mostly just the few groups of adventurers that have set up their camps for the night, although Kratz's shop is still set up as if he's never left the temple.

You make your way through the temple in search of Emon, however even as you reach the pools back where the spiral stairway is you still cannot find him. The colossus soul Maali holds begins to resonate with the pools, the symbols on the ground beginning to glow once more.

>Step on the path you wish to take or continue. You may follow the same paths as others.

 No.674117

>>674116
Alder follows the group to the temple, and overt towards the pools. He lets out a confused warble, before cocking his head to the side "What exactly are these? I do not believe I remember anything about them from the last time I was here."

 No.674118

>>674116
>>674117
"Take a step forward," he says simply. "But choose wisely, friend Alder." He steps on the symbol depicting a plant and closes his eyes.

 No.674119

>>674113
>>674116
He thanks the dog for the help with the juice box, mimicking Succinite and wrapping his lips on the tip, gently blowing on it, making the whole thing throb and tremble on his hooves
''I don't get it''

…Maali figured it out on the way back to the temple

>>674116
He looks down at the orb, holding it up with his hooves ''It's doing that thing again… S-should we?'' He looks back at the party, nodding towards the pools
>>674117
''These are… I well… I don't know for certain what it is, but I think you should do what Mister Mercer said'' With a smile, he walks to the symbol of the green hand

 No.674120

>>674116
She steps on the hand one.

 No.674121

>>674116

Seeing the symbols glow once again, i step towards the Mystic's symbol, hopping onto the platform.

 No.674122

>>674118
>>674119
"Uhm… so, I just step into one of them? What do each of them do?" he asks, looking between the symbols and mulling it over

 No.674123

>>674122
''I don't know for sure… Miss Astra gained tatoos and more magical power when she stepped on the book, I felt my healing strenghtened when I stepped on the hand… I cannot decide for you, I'm sorry…''

 No.674124

>>674123
Alder clacks his beak a few times, and looks over each of the symbols. He starts to move for the bow, before gasping a little and whipping around "T-The book symbol gave you magic? Really? W-Well, uhm…" he looks between the two symbols, before making his way towards the book instead "Magic has always seemed so interesting. Maybe it will do the same for me?" he asks as he steps on to the symbol

 No.674125

>>674118
A light flashes before your eyes, the temple slowly crumbles away where you stand to reveal a small pool of water, set naturally in the ground with no symbols surrounding it. The land looks untouched, no structures as far as the eye can see. Mist has been cleared away, showing slightly cloudy skies with a nice breeze of wind.

An old creaky voice which sounds like wind whispering through the woods speaks up. "You have become stronger, honorable dog. I have felt the impact you made with that beast. You even seek peace for these strangers who call me home… You may yet be a worthy successor, to the last Wanderer… Even your blade seems quite familiar." The voice speaks out. You feel unable to reply. "We shall see… we shall see… Goodbye dear friend, I await your next visit…" The old voice says, chuckling as your normal vision of the temple returns.

>Mercer is now a rank 3 Wanderer.


>You may sacrifice your own turn in order to help reroll an ally's skill in the case they fail.


>>674119
>>674120
Maali sets the soul into the pools, mixing in and fading away as if the pools has consumed it.

As you step onto the green hand, a light flashes before your eyes. The temple begins to repair itself, looking more pristine and well taken care of. Statues are lined up along the spaces where others once set up tents. Light shines in through the entrance, one that does not blind but rather feels soothing to your eyes to gaze into.

"My… How clouded the both of you are…" A soft angelic voice speaks out from the light. "The young deer, with fear in his heart and doubt in his mind… Clear these thoughts away. You've guarded your friends with your life, bravely stepping into danger to ensure their safety. I have seen many warriors with less courage than you." She speaks to Maali.

"And the lost child of goo… Not many know of you, yet without your presence your new friends may have not gotten here quite so quickly. You could resonate yourself with the beasts who tread on this land, even in the midst of battle. If affection is what you need, I shall grant you with my blessings to protect those around you. Learn more from them as they learn from you." She speaks, the light bathing over Succinite's reflective goo.

"I await your return my children… Do not forget my words." The voice finishes, the vision vanishing away.

>Maali and Succinite gain Rank 3 of Healer.


>1. Obtain Heal Skill. (If heal has already been learned, increase wound healing by 1.)


>2. Healing an NPC is automatic and doesn't put your heal on Recharge.


>3. Gain +1 hit and +1 wound.


1/2

 No.674126

>>674125


>>674121
>>674124
You step onto the symbol, a light flashes before your eyes as the temple begins to warp and twist around you. The temple shifts, becoming a massive library with never ending rows of books before you in every direction.

"You two seek my knowledge, hmn?" A voice speaks out, ragged and old. Your heads do not need to turn to see a cloaked bipedal figure, a hairless hand gripping onto an old book with a raven printed on the front. "I've seen you before, Astragalus… I've given your power, now that you've brought another soul… I will grant you and your friend more. Strengthen us more, do not end the slaughter of those foul beasts… And the secrets this land hides will be clear to you soon enough." The strange robed figure speaks to the both of you, opening his book and beginning to read off incantations.

Knowledge seeps into Alder and Astra's minds, giving them more control over their spells and even teaching Alder his first spell, while giving him a new set of magical tribal markings matching more similar to the style of his own tribe. They glow the same color as Astra's magical tattoos.

Once the book closes shut, your vision begins to grow dark. "Do not speak of this to anyone… Not that you'll be able to." He says, chuckling darkly.

>Alder and Astra have gained Rank 3 of Mystic.


>1. Obtain Magic Bolt Skill (If skill has already been learned, reduce critfail range by 1 and recharge by 1)


>2. Tattoos are gifted to you for following this path, allowing you to use the tattoos as a catalyst for your spells.


>3. Your knowledge of magic has been growing, allowing you to cast at a DC-1.


>The visions everyone wakes from feels as if they woke from a dream.

>2/2 Paused. Continue RP if you wish.

 No.674127

File: 1473577340847.png (15.08 KB, 118x113, tattoo.png)

>>674126
Alder lets out an unsteady groan as he picks himself up off the floor of the temple, before shaking his head and picking himself up. He blinks a couple times, before looking over his body, chirping excitedly, and hopping up and down a few times "It was not just a dream! I-It worked, I can use magic!"

 No.675386

File: 1474768871192.jpg (153.55 KB, 800x600, Temple of Light.jpg)

>>674126
It's time to reveal my stand, 「Post Sheets」.

 No.675387


 No.675388

File: 1474769002173.jpg (1.11 MB, 1036x1200, 1460119018431.jpg)


 No.675389

File: 1474769080509.webm (2.78 MB, 640x360, GUNDYR.webm)

>>675386
pastebin.com/GVJjNRvF

 No.675390

File: 1474769097468.png (9.14 KB, 79x80, tattoo.png)


 No.675391


 No.675392

>>675387
>>675388
>>675389
>>675390
Maali 7/6 (6[+1]/6) (Status Effects: Can't Swim. -2 Swim Rolls.)
Mercer 8/5 (8/5)
Astra 5/5 (5/5)
Succinite 6/6 (6/6)
Alder 5/5 (5/5)

Current Companion - Rosa 5/5 (5/5)

When we last left our group, they had arrived at the Temple of Light to deliver another colossus soul to the mysterious "path" pools. With a good nights rest and a refreshing breakfast in the morning, the team begins to pack away their supplies again.

Rosa sits nearby, the map unfolded on the ground as she searches through the journal she has kept with her since the mansion. She remains silent as she has been during most of the traveling, always reading the journal.

>Begin, ready to travel once the group is ready.

 No.675393

>>675392
Maali has been sitting by the stairs of the temple staring out the large windows to the plains outside

He gets up and goes back to the party, a solemn look on his face ''I have something important to say, my friends, if you have a minute. I can't leave with you this time…''

 No.675394

>>675392
Alder peeks over Rosa's shoulder for a little bit, about to ask a question. He cocks his head to the side, before turning around "H-Hmm? Why is that, Mister Maali? What is wrong?" he asks, before moving a little closer

 No.675395

>>675392
>>675393
Mercer looks up from admiring his new sword to face Maali with a concerned expression. "What d you mean by that? Does something vex you, friend Maali?"

 No.675396

>>675393
"Oh.."

after shimmying into my dress behind the trunk, i take a seat next to the chest.

"Is everything alright, Deary?" i ask, concerned. "Not like you to moap around after a colossus fight.."

 No.675397

>>675393
"Maaaa," Succinite vocalizes in curious response.

 No.675398

>>675394
>>675396
>>675395
The deer smiles ''It sounds really strange when I am the one being called mister…''

''There is nothing wrong with me, I am healed and feel fine, honest!'' Maali hops in place, flexing his leg ''But… I thought a lot about this last night, and I made the choice to staying here in the Temple.''
His ears fold back ''I-I'm sorry, you will be without me out there b-but I just saw how many other people also needed help here… Every time we come back to the temple, I noticed there are always new people here, and many are wounded too… You see where I am going with this, yes?''
He kicks the floor,loking down ''I just think y-you are all so strong already… These people might need me even more…''
>>675397
He gasps weakly ''A-are you.. Trying to say my name?''

 No.675399

>>675392
Rosa continues to look through the book, mumbling a name. "Phaedra… Phaedra… I though I saw something in here…" She seems to be doing her own research while letting the group have their moment.

>Research

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.675400

>>675398
"So.. you want to stay here? to help the others in the temple?"

"Well, it would certainly be safer than hunting colossi, but.. Oh, i'm worried i'll miss you too much, Dear! I liked traveling with you, even though you end up injured.. quite frequently.."

 No.675401

>>675398
Alder frowns a little, before perking back up and giving Maali a tight hug "You are a kind soul, Maali. I can understand why you would choose to stay. I may have not known you for very long, but it was an honor to travel with you."

 No.675402

>>675400
He nods
''I will miss traveling with you all too miss Astra, But I will always be here at the temple to greet you whenever you come back''
He chuckles nervously ''And yes… The injuries might have helped making my choice…''
>>675401
Smiling, the smaller deery returns the hug ''The same to you, Alder. I trust you to help keep everyone safe, just like I know they will keep you safe too''

 No.675403

>>675398
He nods in understanding. "If you feel like this is your true calling, then this one will not stand in your way." He kneels down and pats Maali on the head. "Farewell, friend Maali. Lead your life as you see fit. And prithee, take care of yourself. This will not be the last time we meet."

 No.675404

>>675403
Leaning against the hand, he sighs ''Thank you mister Mercer. And yes, remember I will always be here, to greet you with tea and heal whatever wounds you get out there''

 No.675405

>>675402
"Oh fug," she says next, mouth hanging open stupidly. She gives him two coins and a sun hat.

 No.675406

>>675405
''So you can talk! I knew it! Q-quick, before you leave you have to tell me your name!''

 No.675407

>>675402
"Well.. I suppose it would be alright, just as long as we can find the time to chat when we make our way back here."

"You mustn't be a stranger, understand? I won't have a friend of ours fade away while we're gone."

 No.675408

>>675402
Alder nods a little bit before pulling back and chirping happily "Yes, please! I will make sure to seek you out once we return!"

 No.675409

>>675407
''Aw please. I will always think of you all while you are out there, Praying for your safety, and yes, when you come back I want you to tell me about aaaall the things you guys have done out there. Though maybe it won't be needed if the rumors of heroes like you spread fast enough'' chuckling, he bumps the batmare
''Oh, also, I would like if you stayed with this'' He pulls the medicine for wounds he made with the fruit and hands it to Astra ''Use it when anyone gets really hurt, please. There are some things even powerful healing can't fix, but you can always trust in nature to do the job''

>>675408
''Then I won't delay you all any more, Alder. You should get going before the sun sets down! The colossus wont be there forever you know''

 No.675410

>>675406
"Soooo…" she chirps, but wanders away shortly thereafter, apparently satisfied with the goodbye.

 No.675411

>>675409
"I'll hold onto it, not to worry" i reply, nodding.

setting the tincture into the trunk, it closes it's lid and audibly swallows the item, storing it away.

with that taken care of,i turn to give You a farewell hug."Good luck, Deary! The temple is lucky to have you!"

 No.675412

>>675410
''B-bye Soo!'' He waves
>>675411
''Hehe, you know it. So long as I live here, no one will suffer. Bye miss Astra''

''And farewell, everyone!''

 No.675413

>>675412
"Farewell! Take care!" he chirps out, as he falls in line behind the rest of the party as they head for the next colossus

 No.675414

>>675404
>>675409
"Then let us move. We have a lot of ground to cover before nightfall." He begins to set out, but turns back for a moment. "Oh, and Maali. This one thanks you, sincerely. If it were not for you, we would have perished many times on our great adventure. So thank you, for saving our lives and for all the memories we have made together. May they never rot." With that, he turns away and heads out with the rest of the party.

 No.675415

>>675414
>>675413
''The same for you, mister Mercer. I am only alive today because you all saved me from death more than once. Thank you from the bottom of my heard''
He waves as the party goes by, sitting near the window of the temple

 No.675416

File: 1474772845481.jpg (256.65 KB, 800x600, sketch.jpg)

>>675400
>>675401
>>675403
>>675404
>>675405
"Ah! Found it!" Rosa announces to herself, reading through the page she found. "I found a little page about that 'Phaedra' colossus that Elder Jidos told us about." Rosa says, setting the book down to inspect the map further. "I've been looking through this whole book since we left the mansion… it's so weird how much is in it, as if the one who wrote it lived here just as long as the locals. It probably belonged to one of the first adventurers who ever set hoof here."

>Rosa has discovered a single page on Phaedra, Guardian of the Graves. Information from the book can be asked for at any time as long as Rosa has researched and discovered said information.


"Phaedra, Guardian of the Graves. These tribals really do have 'interesting' choices for names. At least guardian is a more fitting title for this colossus, unlike most I have encountered. It remains still, unmoving as long as I do not approach the graves while rising up when I'm only a few hoofsteps away from them. I dare not enter them out of fear the creature will attack, the stench of rot and death from these mounts were enough to sate my curiosity.

I approached the creature this time, it only stared out at those mounds just as it was when I keep my distance from them. I will need to remind the others to stay clear of this place, the stench still haunts me."

At the bottom of the page, a sketch is displayed of the creature and even showing a bit of size comparison with a pony figure.

>Ready to continue?

 No.675417

>>675416
"Oh goodness, that is a large one indeed. It seems like it was more still back then, too… we can hope that it will not pursue us beyond the graves, at the least. We were going to try to calm it down, yes?"

 No.675418

>>675416
"eugh, not one for looks, is it?" i say, leaning over from my position on the trunk. "I'd imagine the smell is just as bad, given the mounds of dead."

"Though who knows? It may be friendly."
>ready

 No.675419

>>675416
Mercer seems a bit wistful as he leaves the Temple behind him, but nonetheless, he plays close attention to Rosa. "This one only hopes that it is possible to appease the colossus in some way. A twisted thing it may be now, but it was not always so. Violence should be a last resort when approaching her."

>>675417
"Just so. The Jidos said we should try to make peace with the Phaedra, although from the sound of things, it will be no easy task…"

 No.675420

>>675416
>>675418
Ready as well, she lurks behind Astragalus, impatiently flicking her hoof against the trunk.

 No.675421

>>675419
"Maybe there is some peace of its old nature left within it? I am not sure what we could try…"

 No.675422

>>675421
"We can only hope it is so," he says rather grimly as he walks. "Lest we be forced to destroy her."

 No.675423

>>675417
>>675418
>>675419
>>675420
The group gathers their things and say their goodbyes, making their way out of the temple and heading East.

Along the way they encounter the strange tough wildlife this land has produce, such as boars with thicker hides and more fearsome tusks or tree rodents with spine-like fur. In the distance there stands a mountain, hiding the grave yard that lies beyond it.

Several hours have passed with nothing much happening, however they do come across what looks like a curvy desert dragon wearing what looks like a scarf, sharing what looks like a familiar oriental-style pattern on it.

Rosa seems to go quiet at the sight of the dragon, deciding to follow and hide behind Succinite.

>Haelis has appeared.

 No.675424

>>675423
Seeing Rosa take cover, i look on in confusion. "you know her, i take it?"

 No.675425

>>675423
Alder cocks his head to the side in confusion as Rosa ducks back, before letting out a small warble "Hm? Is something amiss about that… traveler? What exactly is it?"

 No.675426

>>675423
She keeps going.

 No.675427

>>675423
The dragon also wore a robe that covered her shoulders and torso, but also showed a bit of her midriff, along with a cloth around her hips that went all the way to her legs, She stood there, staring at the party, sharp eyes open wide, running glances over them
She crosses her arms ''Who are you'' She speaks up in her smoky voice

 No.675428

>>675423
As he walks along, he hums to himself, occasionally practicing his poetry. As he looks upon the mountain, he recites part of one he has heard before. "As if the winds of spring had returned overnight, adorning the trees with blossoms white."
Seeing Rosa's reaction to the dragon, he frowns in confusion. "What is wrong, friend Rosa? It is just another transient soul, like us. There is nothing to fear here." With that, he approaches the dragon, raising his hand as his his customary greeting.

>>675427
"Peace be upon you, fellow traveler. We are but pilgrims on our way to yonder mountain. What brings you out here to this wilderness?"

 No.675429

>>675423
"Now don't be rude, she's simply another traveler, like us."

clearing my throat, i wave a hoof, the trunk shuffling forward slightly.

"Hello there! are you here to visit the graves as well?"

 No.675430

>>675424
>>675425
>>675426
>>675428
"I-I uhh… I just get a little fidgety around dragons is all…" Rosa says nervously.

>>675427
You notice a few of the travelers match the description of the rumored "Giant Slayers." The dog wielding the icy mace as well as the finely dressed bat pony standing next to him seem to match so far.

 No.675431

>>675427
Alder flares his wings a little as the creature approaches, before settling down slowly and shrugging "We are travelers, on our way to the mountain. What exactly are you? I do not believe I have seen anything like you before."

>>675430
"Wait, this is a dragon? All the ones I have seen from books were… larger."

 No.675432

>>675430
Succinite picks up Rosa so they can continue.

 No.675433

>>675429
''No. And you aren't either, so scram.''
>>675431
She hums, squinting as she notices those small details
>>675428
The dragoness doesn't reply to Mercer's greeting, keeping her arms crossed and her gaze stern
''That is not of your business. Now get out. the way you came fro-wait…''
Her gaze rests on Mercer's weapon ''I know you. Icy mace…'' She glances at Astra ''Fine dress, magic marks… You are the Giant Slayers, aren't you?''
>>675431
She justs scowls

 No.675434

>>675433
Alder lets out a flustered warble and shrinks away a little before speaking up "I-I meant no offense. I-I have had little contact with the world prior to my journey here, so what little I knew was from books I… found from time to time, and stories from my elders."

 No.675435

>>675433
"Erm.. indeed we are. I didn't realize our reputation precedes us.."

"I am Lady Astragalus, our little group's mage. And just who might you be?"

 No.675436

>>675430
He nods somberly. "This one understands. If any harm comes to you, fret not. This one will protect you."

>>675431
"Dragons come in all shapes and sizes, this one believes," he explains. "They do not grow to become truly gargantuan until much later in life."

>>675435
"This one did not realize we had a reputation at all," he adds. "It would appear that word travels quickly in this land."

>>675433
"We are," he replies. "By our hand, three colossi have been felled." He extends his hand, offering a handshake. "This one's name is Mercer. And you are…?"

 No.675437

>>675434
''Yes, I'm a dragon, gryphon. And what are you doing with them?''
>>675435
''I know who you are, Astralagus'' She walks closer, then circles around the mare, her stern, judging gaze weighting on Astra
''The one who summons incredible, powerful monsters and have them do your bidding, fight your battles and protecting you from harm. Yesss, I know very well who you are.''
She stops in front of Astra
>>675436
''My name is Haelis, and I want to be part of your 'little group' of giant slayers'' She crosses her arms over her chest again

 No.675438

>>675437
"T-Trying to grow more powerful. W-Why else would I have come to the forbidden lands?" he says, his wings ruffling a little as he nervously shifts his weight from one claw to another

 No.675439

>>675437
"My, sounds like you've heard quite the tales, then." i reply, a bit flustered by the sudden scrutiny.

The trunk sits nearby, tilting it's body in a look of curiosity.

"And just what can you do? these colossi are quite the fight, we could use any help we can get."

 No.675440

>>675437
He blinks in surprise. "If the rest of this one's companions are in assent, then we would be glad to have your company, Haelis. This one is certain you are a more than capable warrior."

 No.675441

>>675438
Her gaze softens very little. She nods ''Good aswer, gryphon.'' And looks away
>>675439
She raises one of her big, sharp claws ''What I can do? I can fight, and I am very good at it. And what help could you need? You already slain three of them before''
>>675440
A smile curls in her beaked muzzle ''Good. I'm assuming you're the leader, am I right?''

 No.675442

>>675441
"In a sense," he replies. "This one is often looked to for decision making, if that is what you mean. Although I am not certain as to why…"

 No.675443

>>675441
"Unsurprisingly colossi can be quite troublesome to fight, we may have killed three before but not without difficulty. We'd nearly lost our lives fighting the terror of the desert!"

clearing my throat, i hop back onto the trunk. "..Well, if you'd like you can come with us. We were just about to investigate a grave site just over the mountain here."

 No.675444

>>675441
Alder visibly relaxes as she looks away, his oversized wings tucking back into his sides fully as he steps a little further away from the dragon "Well, more help is always welcome. You can never be too safe in these lands."
>>675442
He turns to the Diamond Dog, before shrugging "Well, you seem to do a good enough job, for what it is worth."

 No.675445

>>675431
"Well… They do start out smaller when they're younger." Rosa says.

>>675436
Rosa smiles and seems to calm down a bit more. "Th-Thanks."

>>675432
Rosa gasps in surprise when you lift her, just accepting her fate to move on.



Continuing to head east, you finally make it to the base of the mountains, finding what looks like a large gaping cave opening. While light does illuminated a good portion of the caves, it does begin to make a turn which leads into darkness that is beyond your sight.

"Hmn… Well, looks like this is the only way through." Rosa says, setting down her own bag of supplies to sift through. "Well I hope you guys brought a light source, the more we have the better."

>Currently, no one has a light source except for Rosa's Lantern.

 No.675446

>>675445
>Correction: Rosa and Mercer have light sources.

 No.675447

>>675445
"Hmm.. Perhaps i can find something to help us!"

markings aglow, i focus on a tear along the cave's outer wall.
[1d10] Summon esper: Elementalist(fire), homing magic

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.675448

>>675442
''Don't worry, I will take that responsibility off your back. And for my first decision, I say we get going. you are going after another colossus, aren't you?''
>>675443
''Hmph, what a loss. If I was there to fight in the desert with you, that beast would have fallen in minutes'' She points to herself with her thumb ''The deserts are my turf, and no one is better than me in one''

''You don't have to invite me, I will come along and fight the colossus with you at my side.''
She looks around ''But there is someone missing, isn't there?''
>>675444
''You'll be very safe when I'm around, now let's go''
>>675445
''I didn't.'' She extends her claw towards Rosa ''Give me your torch''

 No.675449

>>675445
She melts into a wide paste and slithers across the ground, using her goo to probe out the safest route ahead. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.675450

>>675444
"Hm? Oh. Thank you, friend Alder. This one does as best he can." He shrugs and keeps moving.

>>675448
"We are. However, our goal is not to slay this one, but rather try to help it. It was once a peaceful being, making friends with the natives. However, it has since been driven mad over the years. We must help it recover, or if it is too far gone it must be destroyed for its own good."

>>675445
"This one is always prepared," he says with a grin as he lights his lantern and hangs it on his belt. Thinking for a moment, he also tries to get his mace sparking, to use it as a makeshift torch while moving through the cave.
[1d10] Sharpen, since we're outside of combat Sentry doesn't count

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.675451

>>675448
"Ah, you mean our Healer, Maali?" i ask, focusing on the tear ahead of me. "The poor deer elected to stay at the temple, his calling was to keep the ponies there safe, quite a few there were injured when we arrived."

 No.675452

>>675448
"W-Well, thank you. It will be good to have another warrior at our side, Miss Haelis. Oh! You must be speaking of Mister Maali. He elected to stay behind at the temple, so that he could care for the wounded."

 No.675453

>>675450
She gives Mercer a look of irritation
''Are you serious? Help it? Which one of you had such a stupid idea? I bet it was the deer''
>>675451
>>675452
''Aah, I see. So the coward decided to stay and use that as an excuse, and you believed it. you fool, everyone is safe at the temple, and they go there just for that reason, to rest and heal. He is not needed there, in fact, he is just making it worse. Now he's going to spoil the travelers and have them go back to the temple whenever they get their knees scrapped. Hah!'' She laughs
''What a joke…''

 No.675454

>>675453
"It was the task given to us by the leader of the Earth Pony tribe, Elder Jidos," he replies rather coldly. "This one trusts his judgment on this matter."

 No.675455

>>675453
"Oh, don't be rude! If it wasn't for him there wouldn't be a reputation preceding us at all, only an unmarked grave at best."

 No.675456

>>675447
You conjure a small bright orb of flame, one that sprouts small glowing wings. It chimes in response to your summoning. The flame itself seems to illuminate twice as much as the lanterns could.

>Summoned Flame Fairy


>>675448
Rosa gulps and pulls out her lantern, handing it over.

>>675449
You spread down flat and begin to move ahead slowly, reaching into the darkness where the lanterns wouldn't touch.

>>675450
Your weapon sparks to life, giving it a better EDGE in combat.


With the combined efforts of both lanterns and the oddly powerful glow of the flame fairy, the group is able to cover about twenty meters. With Succinite's help, she was able to probe in another five meters.

Everyone makes a slow crawl through the cavern, being careful for anything that may be lurking in the darkness. Deeper inside, there are the sounds of slow sloppy chewing. Whatever is making the sound, it doesn't seem to be in view yet.

 No.675457

>>675456
She slithers past the threat, uncaring. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.675458

>>675456
He wrinkles his nose at the sloppy chewing sound, gesturing for the party to move quietly as he peers around the cave for the source of the noise.
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.675459

>>675453
The griffon narrows his eyes a little in response,but says nothing. He digs around in his pack for a torch, before perking his ears up at the sound of the chewing. He decides to take a page out of Succinite's book, and melt into the shadows to keep himself hidden [Stealth]

 No.675460

>>675456
Dismounting the Trunk, i continue on hoof, keeping low to avoid detection.
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675461

>>675454
''Hmph. Fine then, we'll do what he asked, see that it won't work, then kill the beast, I don't mind waiting a little''
>>675455
''Then that means you relied on him too much. A healer in the field can turn the tides and even be better than 10 soldiers, but then what will you do when the healer is gone? are you going to face the scary world and be afraid to fight because you didn't learn how to heal on your own?''
>>675456
Haelis holds out the light, walking in front of the group
''Its probally some cave animal…''

 No.675462

>>675457
You slither through, forced to sneak through the puddle of blood on the ground. You're the first to find out that it's an animal (a very slow one at that) is enjoying its latest fresh kill.

>>675458
You step into a small puddle, looking down causes you to accidentally fumble forward and bump straight into the creature making all of the noise.

>>675460
You step in what feels like a puddle, looking down you notice it's blood. Ahead of you, Mercer trips forward and bumps right into the beast making all the noise.

>>675459
You sneak right next to Succinite, getting a good view at the Sloth Bear feasting on a boar.

>>675461
You are correct, you see Mercer stumble straight forward into what looks like a Sloth Bear.


The Sloth Bear that Mercer has disturbed roars in a mixture of annoyance and anger, it lumbers around to try and take a slow swing at Mercer while he's so close.

>Sloth Bear: Powerful yet lazy strike

[1d10]

Rosa holds herself back from screaming in fear, instead she pulls out the journal to quickly look through it for information about the Sloth Bear.

>Appraise

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.675463

>>675462
Shocked to see the beast, my surprise fades when i see how slow the Bear-like creature moves.

"Erm.. should we just move around it?"

 No.675464

>>675462
He cries out inarticulately and scarpers away from it, quickly trying to move down another tunnel and away from it.
[1d10] Dunno if I need to roll for this

>>675463
"Yes, let us move," he urges. "Best to leave it be for now."

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.675465

>>675462
Alder waits in the shadows next to Succinite, deciding to see if the others are going to attack or simply run past it

 No.675466

>>675462
''Aah, I knew it!'' She hands the Torch to Rosa ''Hold this and keep the light up''
>>675463
''Are you kidding? That is the perfect warm up for the colossus fight''

Haelis cracks her knuckles and jumps at the beast for a claw attack
>stance of the tiger
'1d10+3'

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.675467

>>675462
She sneaks further. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.675468

>>675463
The beast still stands (crawls?) in your path.

>>675463
>>675464
>>675465
You decide to speed walk away from the beast, considering how slow it is this seems like the perfect way to get away.

>>675466
You instead decide to attack the beast for whatever reason while Rosa holds onto her own Lantern. She also sneaks past while you strike at the beast.

>>675467
You sneak further in, with your advantage of slithering around you're able to discover something further ahead…


Ahead of the group and this Sloth Bear, are several more. In fact while there's a few dozen Sloth Bears, they're all asleep! "L-Let's just stay quiet and move along the wall slowly, they're too slow to chase us as long as we don't get close." Rosa whispers quietly.

The Sloth Bear from before grunts loudly before swinging a powerful strike at Haelis.

>Sloth Bear: Powerful lazy strike

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.675469

>>675468
"Should we really leave her behind like that? Hardly a good way to keep company if they're left for dead." i ask, whispering to avoid waking the bears.
[1d10] Sneak

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.675470

>>675468
''What?!'' She exclaims with rage as she sees the party run off while she holds the bear down
She pushes the sloth bear away, huffing as she runs after them to catch up, trying to keep track of the light sources
'1d10' roll?

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675471

>>675466
>>675468
"Bad idea," he says, gesturing frantically for Haelis to follow as he sticks to the walls and tries to creep around the sleeping slothbears.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.675472

>>675469
Alder frowns a little,before offering a small shrug. He hangs back a little, and waves the dragon over as she starts to come closer

 No.675473

>>675468
She waits for the party to catch up.

 No.675474

>>675470
The beast gets another swing at you, but afterwards you're able to get out of swinging distance and able to join the group.

>You'll receive one more attack before joining the group.


>>675469
>>675471
>>675472
>>675473
As Haelis begins to join up, you all keep yourselves close to the wall to sneak past the bears. At one point you're force to move past a Sloth Bear sleeping against the wall, your next step moving through the Sloth Bear Den.

>2 More turns left before sneaking around!

>Alder must roll but has a better success.


>Sloth Bear Swing

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.675475

>>675474
>Haelis takes 2 hits.

 No.675476

>>675474
Sneaking. [1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.675477

>>675474
He keeps moving, covering his lantern with part of his clothes to reduce the light and avoid waking the slothbears up.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.675478

>>675471
>>675474
She looks at the party with a 'wtf man?' look, raising her claws questioningly
She also grunts a bit but doesn't even bother the sloth bear anymore and starts sneaking with the party
'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.675479

>>675474
being careful, i try and shuffle around the sleeping bear along the wall.
[1d10] Sneak

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.675480

>>675478
Alder offers an apologetic shrug before sidling up to the wall of the cave and following along with the rest of the group, trying to keep hidden

>>675474
Sniki briki [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.675481

>>675476
You sneak past just fine, slithering around the bear and getting closer to the safe side of the cave.

>>675477
You walk past the Sloth Bear, however it raises a paw up in it's sleep and causes you to stumble. You catch yourself but accidentally smack your leg against a nearby rock in the process.

>>675478
You Stumble forward after tripping over a rock, causing you to fall flat on your face next to the bear. It's starting to wake up!

>>675479
You walk past Haelis, only to watch in horror as she falls over right next to the Sloth Bear! It's starting to wake up!

>>675480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU

>1 more turn to sneak past

>One Sloth Bear is going to wake up next!

 No.675482

>>675481
Alder continues to slink through the shadows
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.675483

>>675481
She tries to sneak by at maximum speedo
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.675484

>>675481
VERY fast doggo sneaking at incredible hihg speed

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.675485

>>675481
Snibeti sneak [1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.675486

>>675481
In a rush, i try and move further past the pile of sleeping Sloths
[1d10] Sneak

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.675487

>>675482
>>675483
>>675484
>>675485
You're able to avoid a possible mauling.

>>675486
You, however, are the only one to be struck at.


The Sloth Bear awakes, letting out a roar at the sight of the adventurers. By the time the others awake, everyone was able to make it past them… except for Astra. She slips through, reaching the group as well, however she's struck at by three different bears along the way.

>Sloth Bear Mauling

[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 2 = 2

 No.675488

>>675487
With the onslaught of bears very slowly approaching, i try and quickly sidestep away from their strikes!
[1d10] Dodge

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.675489

>>675487
He curses profusely as he sees them wake up, dashing in to grab Astra and pull her to safety.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.675490

>>675487
She drops a beat. [1d10+1] Return to Earth

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.675491

>>675488
Alder also assists in yanking Astragalus to safety
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.675492

>>675488
>>675489
>>675490
>>675491

With the help of the party, Astra slips away and allows the group to continue onward.


Not much else seems to be in their way as they crawl through the cave, though it does take some time. Eventually everyone reaches the exit to find a thin fog filled valley.

Widow trees grow in this area, stuck in an ever-autumn state. No wind blows through this place, feeling dead and cold all together. There doesn't seem to be a sight of the grave or colossus yet. However in the far distance you notice what looks like small unnatural lumps in the ground, like grass covered mounds…

"This place really gives me the creeps… Do you think it's always been like this?" Rosa asks, looking down into the valley.

 No.675493

>>675492
>Paused

 No.676449

File: 1475373030528.jpg (122.97 KB, 960x720, mdc9epgeutk68xz8jtlp.jpg)

>>675492
Time to post sheets!

 No.676450


 No.676451


 No.676452


 No.676453

File: 1475373453844.jpg (140.73 KB, 480x640, 1461898779330.jpg)


 No.676454

File: 1475373486009.png (254.27 KB, 908x1200, Haeliss.png)


 No.676455


 No.676456

>>676450
>>676451
>>676452
>>676454
>>676455
Haelis 5/5 (5/5)
Mercer 8/5 (8/5)
Astra 5/5 (5/5)
Succinite 6/6 (6/6)
Alder 5/5 (5/5)

Current Companion - Rosa 5/5 (5/5)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHCCXuvt2lo

Previously, on the last session of Forbidden Lands. The party had just arrived at the Gloomy Valley, standing at the mouth of the cave they just went through which allows them to look out into the fog filled valley. To their right, there's a natural rocky path they can follow that will lead them down into the valley itself, wilted widow trees hang from the cliff face, flowers scarcely growing among the trees.

"Wow, you really can't see much down in there… Here, just in case we might get lost and we need to get out of here, I'll make a little beacon." Rosa says, searching through her bag to pull out a small metal hook with a spike. She doesn't take long to pin the hook to the rocky wall just next to the cave entrance, hanging her freshly filled lantern there. "There we go, that should last us awhile. If something goes wrong and we get split apart, try to find your way back here."

 No.676457

>>676456
shuddering in the fog-filled air, i start making my way down into the valley, the mote of fire summoned burning some of the mist away ahead.

"My.. this certainly looks ominous. Make sure to stay together, we wouldn't want to lose each other here!"

 No.676458

>>676456
Alder looks about a little, and wraps his scarf a little tighter, before nodding "Indeed. I will do my best to keep a sharp lookout."

 No.676459

>>676456
She slithers ahead, nose pressed to the ground curiously.

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.676460

>>676456
"Good thinking!" he says to Rosa encouragingly, trying to remain optimistic despite the grimness of the valley. "This one thinks we will be very glad for your guiding light." He takes a moment to don his cowl to keep him a little warmer before lighting his lantern and moving onwards into the valley, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.676461

>>676458
"Think you could get a view from the air, dear? Anything is better than wandering blind.."

 No.676462

>>676456
''Good idea'' She grunts and nods ''Are you going to slay the colossus with us? Because to me you don't really look like the fighting type''
''So, remind me again. What does this colossus look like?''
>>676458
>>676461
''That's a waste of time. The mist is too dense and I'm pretty sure it spreads all over this valley''

 No.676463

>>676461
>>676462
Alder offers a small shrug, before fluttering his wings out and attempting to take to the air "Miss Haelis is likely right. If anything, I will have as poor a view from above as I do from here.But, there is little reason not to try."
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.676464

>>676457
Your Fire Fairy is able to give at least ten meters of vision for you.

>>676459
You scout ahead, leading the party safely down the path.

>>676460
You can't see much beyond the valley aside from the silhouettes of widow trees.

>>676463
You're able to take off higher into the air, but not by too much. As you fly out you see the same that Mercer has so far, silhouettes of widow trees.

>>676462
"I-I'm good with staying back and being moral support…" She says, opening the book once more to find a page on the colossus. "Well… Says here it's about 25 meters high and just about as long too. I'm sure it'll come into view before it even sees us through that fog."


Everyone on hoof/foot follows the path down into the Valley, passing through what seems like a forest of widow trees. The plant life all around looks as if it's stuck in an ever-autumn state, everything still with no breezes running through. Looking back you can see the light of Rosa's lantern, giving you a good idea which direction to start when you want to find the path again.

Up above, Alder has a bit of a better view, but not by much. Only being able to see how massive the valley is, filled with a sea of fog.

 No.676465

>>676464
Alder flutters back down and folds his wings back in, before shaking his head "I don't see much more than you can from the ground unfortunately. Not much more than what looks like… a forest."

 No.676466

>>676464
with little more than fog around us, i try to look further ahead for any signs of the graveyard.
[1d10] Perception

"Hmm.."

>>676465
"Quite alright, what matters is that you tried."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.676467

>>676464
''Hmn… Is this the biggest one you faced yet? Or was the one in the desert even bigger than this one?''
''And just where is this thing? Something so big should have come to view already…''
She looks around, taking the lead
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676468

>>676467
"we're not quite sure, it's rather hard to gauge size from a drawing in a book."

"Suffice to say it should at least be as big as the ones before.."

 No.676469

>>676466
Alder smiles a little and offers a grateful nod towards Astragalus, flicking his tail a little before turning to Haelis
>>676467
"Perhaps it is laying down, or remains underground somewhat. As for why, there is little to say it does not have some method of remaining concealed within the mist."

 No.676470

>>676464
"Fruitless," he mutters irritably as he keeps trudging forward, one hand on the pommel of his sword in case of imminent danger. Despite being unable to see much in the fog, he still dutifully keeps an eye out.

[1d10] Perception again

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676471

>>676464
She continues the hunt. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.676472

>>676468
''Good, good. I don't want my first Colossus kill to be a small one. It's already bad enough that it 'used to be peaceful'' She does airquotes with her claws
>>676469
''Could be that. I heard their bodies were made of stone? How did your group even manage to wound such a tough hide?''

 No.676473

>>676472
"Well, you've yet to see my true power, haven't you? My magic is usually strong enough to cause quite a bit of damage, provided the tear i find is strong enough."

 No.676474

>>676472
"From what I experienced with the colossus of the dunes, it appears that they have vulnerable points- for the beast we last faced, it was a less-protected patch on its back, if I recall."

 No.676475

>>676467
"Well… The scorpion looked longer than that, but the stinger just made it look bigger. Also… I'm not really sure, this fog looks unnaturally thick…" Rosa says, wondering that herself.

>>676466
>>676467
>>676470
>>676471
>>676469
The party comes across what looks like a mound of dirt. It looks quite strange from behind it, going around reveals that it has a square opening with brick walls lining next to it to help create the small hill over the opening. Stairs lead down into the mound, a stench of rot coming from it. The entrance is far too small for a colossus to enter.

Opposite of the entrance however, there's another silhouette in the far distance, the fog makes it too difficult to figure out what it is.

 No.676476

>>676475
She raids the little house for anything interesting. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.676477

>>676473
''Oh believe me, I'm dying to see what you lot are capable of'' A perverse grin forms in her muzzle
>>676474
''Ah, weak points. Even the mighty colossus have them, very good, very good…''
>>676475
''We'll find it eventually. Do you have a picture of this colossus in your book? I need to see something''

She peeks in the small hill, face contorting in disgust as she tastes the air ''It smells like death in there, maybe the colossus really is underground?''

 No.676478

>>676475
Alder wrinkles his beak up before shaking his head and ruffling his wings a little "Perhaps this is the entrance to some kind of catacomb. Hold a moment, though… something appears to be up ahead still." he says, squinting his eyes to get a better look possibly
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.676479

>>676475
"Eugh, i'd rather not head down there, if we can help it."

looking down the entrance in revulsion, i turn to try and pick out what lays beyond the tunnel.

[1d10] Perception
"What's that up ahead? Another mountain?"

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.676480

>>676472
"Be wary," he warns, covering his nose and mouth to avoid the stench. "The Colossus is sure to nearby. We should approach with extreme c-"

>>676476
He blinks in surprise as Succinite simply waltzes in. Not knowing what to make of her bravery, he opts to veer away from the mound and inches closer to the silhouette in the distance, risking a little more light by unclipping his lamp from his belt and holding it up so he can see better.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676481

>>676480
The dragon folds her arms smugly ''Extreme care? I think the goop has other ideas, Mutt''
The smirk dims s her gaze follows Mercer's, peering towards the silhouette in the distace ''It's probally just some kind of building. Unless you think Colossi sleep?''

 No.676482

>>676476
Going further down the stairs everything is fairly dark, yet the nearby bones and strangely shaped ape-like skulls along the ground gives you a good idea that there's bodies rested on the walls, stone shelf-like beds holding the bodies along with a small ruined piece of cloth under them. You can either go left or right down the tunnels.

>>676477
Rosa shows you what she researched earlier. >>675416

>>676478
Looking at from where you are, it seems to be a large statue of some sort from the shape of it.

>>676479
You can't quite make it out from where you are.

>>676480
You notice the figure must be a statue, although the way it seems to be shaped is similar to the picture of the colossus Rosa showed you once. You can't tell for sure if it really is just a statue.


"It could just be another structure. This place is full of old statues or ruins when you look in the creepier places… Like this one." Rosa says, unable to tell what the shape is herself. "Mercer, may I borrow your lantern, please? I'll see if I can't get this place lit up, maybe scout ahead a little with Succinite." Rosa asks Mercer politely.

 No.676483

>>676481
"Oh! we've seen a colossi sleep as well, though i suspect it was tied to the gong in the chamber, an interesting fight, to be sure."

"Coincidentally, that was the first time Maali nearly met his end, the poor deer."

 No.676484

>>676482
"Well, It seems there's no way around it.."

Holding my breath, i make my way down into the tunnel following Succinite, the fire fairy ahead of me with the trunk in the rear, it's hooves clattering down the steps.

 No.676485

>>676482
>>676480
She takes Mercer's arm and points toward the left path.

[1d10+3] navigating

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.676486

>>676482
"Uhm… hey, I think I see some kind of statue! Perhaps we should look it over?"

 No.676487

>>676482
>>676481
"It would appear to be a statue of some sort," he answers Haelis as he rejoins the party, ignoring the slight against him. "Perhaps it is best not to touch it. It could be cursed."

"Of course, Rosa." He passes her his lantern. "This one trusts your judgment on this matter. Surely it is in good hands. Er, hooves."

>>676485
"Hm?" He starts as he is suddenly grabbed, peering around the apparent mausoleum in the gloom. He tries to strike his mace to act as a makeshift torch like before.
[1d10] Sharpen

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676488

>>676482
She investigates the notes attentively
''It's not in here then. It must be that structure in the distance. So it won't attack until we approach, hmn…''
She studies a bit more ''It sure looks treatening for a friendly guardian too.''

She gives Rosa her book back ''Come, the colossus is definetly guarding over there, this gives us a chance to plan our attack.''

>>676483
''So even those things need to rest… Just what are they?'' She muses

''Maali is the deer then? Well you don't need to worry about him no more. Your precious little healer is safe at the Temple
>>676487
''Or, it could be what we're after… Let's see''

Haelis inspects the ground for a rock and tosses it at the statue
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.676489

File: 1475379830182.png (312.76 KB, 900x1156, Statue.png)

>>676488
You watch everyone enter the crypt, looking for a rock shortly after. You chuck it at the statue, watching it vanish into the fog. You then feel a rumbling as the statue begins to move on it's own, standing up on all fours.

>>676484
>>676485
>>676486
>>676487
As everyone enters the crypt, they can feel an ominous rumbling. Continuing down the left path, the group begins to notice a bit of light hinting that there is another entrance going straight and another way heading deeper into the crypt to the right.

>>676487
Your mace sparks to life.

 No.676490

>>676489

stopping in my tracks at the tunnel's rumbling, the trunk bumping into me in the dark, i look back towards the entrance.

"Erm.. What was that?"

 No.676491

>>676489
''Knew it''

She swiftly joins the others inside the crypt
>>676490
''That was the colossus waking up''

 No.676492

>>676489
Alder pokes his head up and swivels it around as he starts down into the crypt, hurriedly making his way back out and looks over the foggy outdoors "Uhm… what caused that?"

 No.676493

>>676489
She goes right.

 No.676494

>>676491
"So.. you woke up the colossus and just followed us down here?"

"And just what did you hope to do? Now we're trapped down here with that thing waiting up above!"

 No.676495

>>676489
>>676490
"Perhaps the colossus has become attuned to our presence," he muses, looking around as if it might jump out of a corner at any moment.

>>676491
He just stares at her wearily. "You touched the statue, did you not?"

 No.676496

>>676490
>>676492
>>676495
"I don't really like the sound of that…" Rosa says, the rumbling continuing on like slow steps.

>>676491
You join up with the others, handing Rosa's book back to her.

>>676493
You lead the group further into the depths of the crypt.


The group continues down the path, leading to what looks like a square room with four statues kneeling around what seems like a steel elevator. The statues seem to have slim arms and hands covering their faces, hooded robes covering their bodies to hide all features.

"Th-This is getting really spooky… A-Are you sure we shouldn't turn back now?" Rosa asks, looking at everyone for confirmation.

 No.676497

>>676496
"Well it's either we continue downward or try our luck with the colossus, which no doubt will be a problem."

"Unless we can tunnel our way to safety we would be much better off moving down."

 No.676498

>>676496
"Fret not, Rosa," he says, trying to hide his own anxiety at being holed up in such an awful place. "If anything happens, we will protect you."

>>676497
"This one can be of assistance for this matter," he says rather pompously, trying to lift his own spirits. "We Dogs are exceptional burrowers. If necessary, it will be no large task for this one to provide a tunnel to the surface."

 No.676499

>>676494
>>676495
''Well… Yes, but we were trying to find the thing weren't we? And besides, it doesn't know we are here, so that gives us time'' She shrugs with her arms crossed
''I did the best thing, really''

>>676496
>>676497
''Wasn't your plan to try to make it peaceful again?''

 No.676500

>>676499
"True, our plan was to see if it can be calmed, but aggravating it is certainly not helping." I fire back, glaring at you.

>>676498
"well, at least we can count on an escape if.. whatever we find down there is too much."

 No.676501

>>676496
"I say we go look. It can not hurt to at least see before heading down into the crypt."

 No.676502

>>676500
She rolls her eyes ''Alright fine, I might not have had the best idea there, I'm just not used to how your group operates yet'' Arms crossed, she turns away

 No.676503

>>676496
She hops into the elevator and pushes the button.

 No.676504

>>676499
"But now we are trapped, potentially forever were it not for this one's digging talents," he replies coldly. "Think before you act, Haelis. You could have doomed us all."

>>676501
"We should explore below before we deal with whatever is above. We do not want to be driven into unknown territory, after all."

>>676503
He follows suit in entering the elevator, which presumably goes down.

 No.676505

>>676504
''Doomed? Trapped? Come on, I thought you were the Giant Slayers?''

 No.676506

>>676505
"Not even giant slayers could survive a cave-in from the Colossus smashing these tunnels." i reply flatly. "We're not invincible, just well prepared."

 No.676507

>>676497
>>676502
Rosa gulps as she looks back to the elevator, considering the choices she's given.

>>676498
Rosa smiles. "Th-Thanks…" She says, handing back your lantern. "I-I think I'll hang back here."

>>676499
"Well… there might be something down there. I guess the group just wants to check it out first."

>>676503
You help push everyone onto the elevator and hop onto the switch on the very center of the elevator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmtClyl7DhM

After everyone moves onto the elevator, Succinite presses the switch in the center to cause the mechanism to lower down. One you reach the bottom, you can see an unnatural darkness engulfing the tomb. Thanks to the combined light of the Fire Fairy and the lantern, you're all able to see at least in a fifteen meter radius.

The catacomb's stone walls scratched in several places, small lines of blood following them shortly after. Rusty iron doors with small barred windows are lined around the room, light just barely touching the walls enough to illuminate them. Distant ghostly wails can be heard deep within the tomb, giving a constant sense of dread.

>Cursed: Dread - Your first roll in combat is a -1.


There is an iron door leading East, West and South.

 No.676508

>>676507
Taking a look at the surrounding area, i recoil in fright.

"W-well now, this was unexpected."

inching towards the eastern door, i try and press it open with a hoof.

"No sense in moving on, r-right?"

 No.676509

>>676507
She keeps a gelatinous eye out.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.676510

>>676505
"Words are wind, Haelis. Beast Slayers or not, we are still mortals. The colossus could destroy us all in an instant."

>>676507
He takes the lantern back from Rosa and hangs it on his belt again. "Very well. If anything happens, call for us and we will come to your aid. Be safe, friend Rosa."

He finds himself shaking uncontrollably as he takes in the view of the awful room. He makes certain gestures with his left hand and mutters in his native tongue before following Astra through the eastern door, keeping an eye out for anything of particular note.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.676511

>>676507
Alder ruffles his feathers and shrinks back into his jacket and scarf, before moving closer to the light and shivering "I…I-I think I would have preferred staying above the surface. W-We should press on though, I-I suppose."

 No.676512

>>676506
''Yes, like I said, a mistake. I still… Need to settle in, with your ways'' She twirls a claw around her scarf
>>676507
''Arck, this place is putrid and cold like death'' She rubs her arms, looking around
>>676510
''Very well, very well'' Haelis raieses her claws ''I will stay back and watch to see how you get the job done, for now. I will be right behind you, Mutt''

 No.676513

>>676508
>>676509
>>676510
>>676511
>>676512
Rosa shivers in place for a bit after hearing the wails. "I-I'm starting to wonder if the colossus was a better choice…"

Beyond the east door, everyone moves fifteen meters forward before coming to a left turn.

>>676510
>>676509
Mercer and Succinite peek beyond the turn, not quite able to see what is ahead. Instead, they can hear what sounds like bones clacking together every now and again, along with multiple quiet mad chuckling.

 No.676514

>>676513
She stays in the back and watches the rear of the group

 No.676515

>>676512
"It's quite alright, i suppose. We're not as gung-ho as you on charging into conflict, as Mercer says, we should plan ahead and be careful."

>>676513
keeping low, i try and peer over the corner to see what we're facing.
[1d10] perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.676516

>>676513
>>676514
She takes Haelis' claw. "Bad up," she says furtively, pointing ahead.

 No.676517

>>676515
She sighs ''It will not happen again''
>>676516
The dragoness looks down, a bit miffed at the gooey touch, but nods ''Then let me and Mercer take the lead''

 No.676518

>>676513
Alder cocks his head to the side and leans over a little himself, before siezing up a little bit "W-What was that?" and nervously checks his waist for his dagger

 No.676519

>>676514
You remain in the back.

>>676515
You can't see beyond what Mercer and Succinite could see.

>>676518
"I-I don't know, it might be one of those 'Shadow Beasts' I've heard people talk about…" Rosa whispers back.

>>676516
The sound of your voice causes Rosa to smile. "Hey look, she's starting to learn how to talk." Rosa whispers. "Maybe I should start teaching her."


The group remains where they are, not alerting the presence of whatever is beyond this way. Yet.

 No.676520

>>676519
She proceeds with care

 No.676521

>>676519
hearing the clattering of bones, i prepare for the worst, runic markings glowing in preparation.

the fire fairy splits, creating more motes of fire from itself
[1d10] Homing magic (fire)

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676522

>>676519
Alder takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself, before stepping out of the fire light and melting into the shadows
"I-I feel it might be better this way… no way to tell what could be around the corner." [Stealth]

 No.676523

>>676513
>>676519
He keeps moving forward, dreading what lies at the end of the path.. He keeps his mace at the ready, in case something decides to jump out at them. The whole time he keeps muttering under his breath, remembering incantations he was taught as a child to keep evil spirits away.

 No.676524

>>676519
"Fug."

She slithers ahead. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9

 No.676525

>>676520
>>676523
Haelis is the first to walk out before Mercer follows next to her closely, only walking ten meters before three floating skulls with glowing blue eyes rush out from the darkness. They cackle at them as they rush to attack.

>>676521
The fairy spits out three orbs of fire just as big as it.

>>676522
You hide yourself around the corner, staying out of sight while you can peek around the corner.

>>676524
You slither ahead, taking advantage of Haelis and Mercer's distraction to get a view ahead. Another fifteen meters forward, you find yourself nearing a dead end where more corpses were put to rest, however to your left is a stairway fifteen more meters away.



>Combat has started! Encountered 3 Lesser Shadow Beasts.


>Shadow Beast 1&2: Attacking Haelis

[1d10]
[1d10]

>Shadow Beast 3: Attacking Mercer

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 4 = 4

 No.676526

He snarls as he is beset by the floating skull, cracking it with a heavy swing of his sparking mace.

>automatic attack due to Sentry

 No.676527


 No.676528

>>676525
sliding around the corner, the fairy and i both fire magic down the corridor, red and blue light mingling in the dark.
[1d10-1]
[1d10-1]
[1d10-1] Homing bolts, Shadow beast 1

my dress shimmers as it discharges magic to create a bolt of energy
[1d10-1] magic bolt, Shadow beast 2

Roll #1 2 - 1 = 1 / Roll #2 3 - 1 = 2 / Roll #3 1 - 1 = 0 / Roll #4 4 - 1 = 3

 No.676529

>>676525
''Huff, Dark beings waiting to ambush us…''

She dodges both the attempts to attack her and counters with a swift swipe of her toxic claws
>Stance of the tiger
'1d10+3' scratch

Roll #1 9 + 3 = 12

 No.676530

>>676525
She plays a saucy tune.

[1d10] Return to Nature

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.676531

>>676525
Alder ducks down a little and takes a deep breath, before focusing and trying to remember what he learned the previous day, and peeking around the corner to let out a blueish bolt of magic from his tattooed foreleg!
[1d10-1] Magic Bolt (Recharge:2)

Roll #1 7 - 1 = 6

 No.676532

>>676531
Shit, forgot
Shadow Beast 2, Autocrit from Stealth

 No.676533

>>676526
Thanks to remaining alert, you're able to smack one of the skulls right in the jaw, sending it flying off onto the floor and shattering. The skull shakes at you angrily for removing its jaw.

>>676528
All of the homing bolts backfire, causing your fairy to somehow harm itself in the process. Your own magic bolt is hit by one of the homing bolt, causing it to explode near you and cause very temporary blindness.

>Fire Fairy 0/2, Helpless.

>Astra takes 3 hits.

>>676529
You attack one of the skulls, slashing to crack a hole in the top of it. The skull clatters loudly at you.

>>676530
Two of the skulls hover around your head, irritating loud whispers for the request of sauce filling your head.

>Your tune strengthens one for a turn.


>>676531
A bolt forms in front of your head, firing out to strike the skull that was about to strike at Haelis, blasting it and causing the skull to temporarily let off smoke.


The skulls continue to attack!

>Skull 1: Attacking Haelis (Given a +1 bonus from Succinite's fail.)

[1d10]

Skull 2: Attacking Alder
[1d10]

Skull 3: Attacking Mercer
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 6 = 6 / Roll #3 4 = 4

 No.676534

>>676533
Alder yelps and attempts to roll out of the way of the skull as it… swings its skull, or whatever they do
[1d10] dodge

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.676535

>>676533
Not giving up, he takes his mace in both hands and waits for the right moment to strike before swinging it like a bat, hoping to smash the skull against a wall.

[1d10] regular attack, -1 is negated by Sharpen

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.676536

>>676533
sent reeling from the explosion in front of me, i try and rub my eyes clear, focusing a second bolt of magic and firing it near blind
[1d10] Magic bolt, skull 1


the fire fairy tries to reignite itself, sputtering on the floor
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.676537

>>676533
She endures the hit and retaliates
'1d10+3'

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.676538

>>676533
She heals Astragalus.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.676539

>>676534
You attempt to dodge, yet your action causes you to harm yourself further rather than avoid damage.

-3 hits

>>676535
Your mace is light enough to strike the skull, although it doesn't do as much damage as you hoped.

>>676536
You charge a bolt of magic, only for it to heavily backfire and knock you to the floor, your fur is singed now.

>Astra is 0/4 now, helpless.

>Fairy still helpless.

>>676537
You attempt to swing in retaliation, only feeling the skull bash into your gut so hard it knocks the wind out of you before knocking you to the ground.

>-10 hits, double wound damage. 0/3 and helpless.


>>676538
You watch in awe as the "mighty" dragon gets knocked down by just a skull. Fascinating.


The skulls continue their attacks just as before.

Skull 1: Attacking Haelis
[1d10]

Skull 2: Attacking Alder
[1d10]

Skull 3: Attacking Mercer
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 6 = 6 / Roll #3 1 = 1

 No.676540

>>676539
He tries to focus, swinging at the incoming skull again as if he were holding a golf club.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.676541

>>676539
She plays a saucier tune. [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.676542

>>676539
sent flying back from my own spell, i try and recover from the impact!
[1d10] Recovery

The fairy continues to try and relight
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.676543

>>676539
Alder lets out an angered screech and lashes out with his dagger, attempting to jab a hole into the skull
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.676544

>>676539
"Oof"
She goes down to her knees, grasping her stomach, but keeps fighting, try to grab the skull as leverage to get herself back up and slam it on the ground '1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.676545

>>676544
That was Tumble, forgot to say

 No.676546

>>676540
You swing your mace true and give the skull a good hard whack, even though it smacks against the wall it does not quite shatter yet. The skull is now cracked all over.

>>676541
You play a tune so saucy, it soothes one of the skulls to cause it to fall back into slumber.

>Skull 2 has been defeated!


>>676542
Both you and your fairy recover.

>>676543
You jab at the skull!… right into the eye socket. It clatters at you and bashes into your gut just like the rest are doing. After it finishes however, Succinite's soothing tune puts the skull into an eternal rest.

>-4 hits, helpless.


>>676544
You take a moment longer on the ground instead after being knocked down.

>0/3, still helpless.




The remaining two skulls rush at Mercer.

Skull 1 & 3: Attacking Mercer
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.676547

>>676546
Seeing Skull 3 weakened, he gives it another good thwack, hoping to put it down for good.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.676548

>>676546
With my magic currently spent, i instead try and help Haelis off the floor!
[1d10] Assist
"See what we mean? Not exactly an easy journey!"

the fairy splits itself again, the room brightening slightly as it separates
[1d10] Homing magic

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.676549

>>676546
Alder bounces back from the skullbash, and smacks against the ground. He tucks into a roll at the last second, and bounces back up to his paws with a surprising amount of dexterity. He seems rather battered, but he'll probably be fine [Escape Artist]

 No.676550

>>676546
She curses having such a soft underbelly and tries to get up, ready for another
'1d10' get up

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.676551

>>676546
She pats Haelis' head comfortingly.

[1d10] Heal

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676552

>>676547
You swing to smack the Skull, only to have it bite your wrist instead.

>-2 hits.


>>676548
You help Haelis right back up! However your Fairy's magic fizzles out.

>>676549
You bounce right back up and ready to fight again.

>>676550
You're able to get up after Astra gives you leverage to stand back up, Succinite's patting feeling soothing and warm like a mother's touch.

>Restored to 5/4.




Even after the skulls miss, they attempt to attack Mercer again.

Skull 1 & 3: Attacking Mercer
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.676553

>>676551
>Meant to refer to the restoration post

 No.676554

>>676552
He growls again, lashing out at Skull 3 in anger.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.676555

>>676552
Turning to face the skulls again, my marking flash as another bolt is sent flying down the hall!
[1d10] Magic bolt, Skull 1

The fairy fires a smaller ember's worth of magic, pulling heat from nearby to form the shot.
[1d10] Ranged (fire) Skull 1

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.676556

>>676552
Alder lets out a hissing screech, and begins to focus again. His arcane tattoos light up, and he tosses out another bolt of blueish magic
[1d10] Magic Bolt

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676557

>>676552
She sits and ponders thoughtfully.

 No.676558

>>676548
>>676552
>>667655
She stands again, rubbing her stomach "I just haven't had a good fight in a while that's all" she replies to Astra "I am usually much better at this

She backs off Succinite's pats " A-and don't touch me like that! You're slimy and warm, and not in a pleasant way"

Haelis returns to the frey going in to take revenge on the first skull
'1d10+3'

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.676559

>>676554
You slip up after swinging at the skull, feeling it skull bash into your own skull after stumbling forward, forcing you to be sent to the ground.

>0/4, helpless.


>>676555
Your fairy misses it's target, but you blast your own quite accurately! The blast causes the skull to split into pieces, leaving behind a shadow gem.

>Beast defeated, 1 gem rewarded.


>>676556
You miss your blast of magic, only for it to miss and blast in the corner of the room.

>>676557
You ponder thoughtful things.

>>676558
You bash the cracked skull, causing it to finally fall apart and puff into black smoke, leaving behind a shadow gem.

>Success, you've won this encounter! You're rewarded with 2 more shadow gems, making it 17 in total now.

>Pause: Continue to RP if you want to.

 No.676560

>>676559
Alder mutters something in his odd dialect of griffon, before waving his clawed forepaw "I feel that could have gone worse, but… it went alright. Is everyone well?"

 No.676561

>>676559
Mercer powers down his mace after picking himself up, kicking the remains of one of the skulls absent-mindedly.

>>676560
"Good enough," he answers, wincing slightly as he inspects his injuries. "This one was not expecting the fight to be as difficult as it was. At least we are all alive and well, however. At least it seems that way, from what this one can see."

 No.677145

>>676559
It's time for another session of Forbidden Lands! Post them sheets!

 No.677146


 No.677147


 No.677148

File: 1475980033168.webm (2.91 MB, 960x540, epic dad face meme.webm)


 No.677149

File: 1475980264891.jpg (67.79 KB, 604x453, 1463269124962.jpg)


 No.677150


 No.677151

>>677146
>>677147
>>677148
>>677149
>>677150
Haelis 5/4 (5/5)
Mercer 7/4 (7/5)
Astra 5/4 (5/5)
Succinite 6/6 (6/6)
Alder 5/4 (5/5)


Current Companion - Rosa 5/5 (5/5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAe7x3kOgc

When we last left off, our group of catacomb delvers had defeated a small group of weaker shadows, earning themselves two shadow gems.

Now they find themselves in a room they took from the west door. Some of the room has been caved in slightly, skeletons litter the floor as well as a few undisturbed ones lying along stone beds built into the walls. Pillars used to support the walls are lined up with skeletons to hide the wood, some having popped out possibly from the cave ins long ago. It's a complete dead end, except for a set of stairs west of the room leading down, everyone gets an uneasy feeling from the stairway leading to darkness.

"I-I dunno if we should go down there… M-Maybe we should go back?" Rosa asks, nervous about the surroundings of the catacomb.

 No.677152

>>677151
Alder cocks his head to the side and looks over the shadow gems, before letting out a curious warble "What are these? I do not think I have seen them before…" he looks back towards Rosa, before shrugging "I-I am not necessarily comfortable either, but I am willing to continue on if all of you are."

 No.677153

>>677151
Mercer's skin crawls at the sight of the stairway, but he remains resolute and begins to make his way down into the abyss, absent-mindedly rubbing his minor scratches from the previous fight before lighting his trusty lantern again. "Have faith!" he says, trying to sound bold and encourage her not to lose her nerve. "The future may seem grim, but whatever lies ahead, we are more than a match for it. Embrace tranquility, friend Rosa."

>>677152
"Shadow gems," he answers. "The souls of the vile creatures that haunt this land. We can use them for our own benefit by strengthening our equipment, this one believes."

 No.677154

>>677151
"I shudder to think how far down this goes, we're already far underground.."

sending my fire fairy ahead, i try and carefully descend the barely lit staircase.

"Surely this doesn't go that far down, right?.. r-right?"

 No.677155

>>677153
Forgot to roll: [1d10] Inspire

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.677156

>>677151
>>677153
>>677152
>>677154
She heals the injured with a firm hoofshake.
>Healing, I believe this should be free cause out of combat

 No.677157

>>677156
Alder accepts the handshake, before letting out a soft gasp as what injuries he had fade away "O-Oh! Thank you, Miss Succinite." he chirps, responding with a light hug

 No.677158

>>677151
Haelis rubs her stomach
>>677153
''So that's what those things are for?… Do they only work with equipment or…?''
>>677154
''It depends on how many fell in this place… ''

 No.677159

>>677156
feeling a tap on my shoulder, i turn around to feel my hoof gripped by cold goo.

confused, i shake back to mimic the gesture, feeling healthier. "Erm.. T-thank you, friend! I appreciate the gesture."

 No.677160

>>677156
Knowing by now of her healing properties, he follows suit in accepting the handshake, looking relieved as his scratches fade. "Ah, much better. You have this one's thanks."

>>677158
"The one known as Julius seeks to research them to discover further properties. It would be wise to bring them to him next time we are at the Temple of Light."

 No.677161

>>677160
''Then we could make good use of them. But I bet your group has already''
>>677156
She nods to the strange goo

 No.677162

>>677157
"No! Fug," Succinite protests, slipping away before she can be grabbed.

 No.677163

>>677152
Rosa walks over to pick one up and hold it closer for inspection. "I've never seen one of these before." Rosa says with a bit of curiosity.

>>677153
>>677155
Rosa sets the two gems away in her satchel, holding onto them for the group. She seems to become a bit more calmer thanks to your inspirational words. "I-I'll keep an eye out from the back still." She says.

>>677154
"I hope not… I-I'm already sick of going down." Rosa replies.

>>677156
You give everyone a single free heal, restoring them a wound and full hits.

>Everyone is now fully healed.


>>677158
It still feels sore.


As everyone makes their way down the stairs, they feel as if they go down at least two more stories before being forced to stop and take a right turn down another set of stairs. Only being half as much of a walk, the party makes it to a hallway. Even with the light of a lantern and the Flame Fairy, the group can only see about 15 meters in front of them. Exploring further, they discover the hallway is 40 meters long, containing two 5 by 5 meter rooms containing two coffins and an old worn down chest both to the left and right, another 5 meters across from these are rooms that look exactly the same. Approaching any of these rooms causes the silent wailing through the catacombs to become louder.

At the very end of the hallway sits a small mural with a brazier at the base of it. The mural depicts that of a looming shadow surrounding four families of two, each of the two bipedal figures representing the families hold something together. The upper left family holds a diamond, the upper right family holds a skull, the lower left family holds a sun and finally the lower right family holds what looks like an overflowing chest filled with possibly gold.

Rosa decides to use a few pieces of kindling to temporarily light the brazier, revealing the ceiling is too high for light to reach, even for the fairy's light.

 No.677164

>>677163
"Good thinking, friend Rosa," he says warmly as the brazier comes to life. He observes the mural more closely, looking it over for any details he may have missed that might be of use.

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.677165

>>677163
Alder shrugs a little and decides to hold off, before heading down the stairs. He looks around the hallway and the rooms, before trying to get a better look
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.677166

>>677163

"Oh my, quite the chamber! And all of this, underground? Quite the feat building it."

peering into the darkness, i head towards the room on the left, worriedly listening to the wailing further away.

"I certainly hope whatever that is isn't looking for us.."

 No.677167

>>677163
''Does any of you know the meaning of that?'' She lifts a clawed finger towards the mural, half of her attention focused around the dark room and the other half in the party, tasting the air, tapping a claw on the ground
>>677166
''No, but it might be waiting for us already. It knows we'll come''

 No.677168

>>677163
She keeps an eye out for traps. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.677169

>>677164
>>677166
>>677167
"I'm just wondering what made this place… I've seen a few ruins but nothing like this." She says, staring at the mural for details as well. Nothing else seems to be found on it.

>>677165
You just see the four rooms as they are. Two coffins to the left and right of a chest that sits in the center.


>>677168
You don't quite see any traps, but as you look around at the rooms you can't help but feel at least one of these chests don't feel right to open… but which one is it?


The room feels stuffy, but there doesn't seem to be any danger yet.

 No.677170

>>677166
You head into the first room on the left, the wailing seems to sound a bit louder as if closer, but not growing anymore after a certain point. Other than that, you feel no different and nothing else seems to happen just entering.

 No.677171

>>677169
Alder shrugs a little, before looking towards the group "I do not see anything wrong, but I doubt that it is so. If needbe, I can attempt to give the rooms a more thorough look… I am a thief first and foremost, after all."

 No.677172

>>677170
Moving towards the chest, i take a closer look to see if anything is amiss.
[1d10] Perception
"Hmm.."

the trunk wanders close too, tilting it's body in confusion at the sight of another chest.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.677173

>>677169
"There are not very many hints as to their origins, regrettably," he comments as Rosa speaks up. "They could have been built by any being with two legs. Dogs, minotaurs, young dragons… Or something else altogether." He contemplates the mural for a while before investigating one of the chests in the nearby rooms, carefully trying not to trigger any booby traps it might have.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.677174

>>677145
She waits, zenlike.

 No.677175

>>677169
>>677171
''You're free to try, but don't wake any ancient curses'' She stands there holding the torch for a moment longer
>>677173
Before she follows after Mercer, watchful for traps
'1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.677176

>>677171
"If I were you, I would just leave whatever is in those chests alone… but I can't really tell you guys what to do." Rosa says, advising to stay away.

>>677172
Nothing really seems off about the chest, however there seems to be something moves around when the chest is tilted a little, showing there's an object inside.

>Open chest?


>>677173
>>677175
Entering the room causes the wailing sounds like it draws closer, it still stops when getting a certain distance closer. Aside from uneasy feelings, you don't see anything wrong.

>Open chest?


>>677174
You feel one with yourself.

 No.677177

>>677176
She has a look around for wherever there might be a way to find the titan.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.677178

>>677176

curiosity getting the better of me, i pop open the chest to take a look at what it contains.

"Oh! perhaps something our dragon friend would be after, certainly looks like the place for it."

 No.677179

>>677176
Despite his general feeling of unease, he tries to open the chest, curious at what lies inside. "Everyone stand back," he warns as he does so.

[1d10] Dunno if I need to roll for this one

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.677180

>>677176
U-Uhm… where exactly is that wailing coming from?" he asks, ruffling his wings nervously and curling his tail around one of his hindlegs. He decides to head back out into the hallway, before mulling things over a little
[1d10] Intuition

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.677181

>>677176
>>677179
''I got your back''
>>677178
''What do you know about what I am after?'' the dragon turns her head to Astra

 No.677182

>>677181
"Oh not you, there's another dragon back at the temple who just adores these sort of ancient trinkets, you really should meet him!" I call back from the other room.

 No.677183

>>677177
You don't quite find any ways to find the titan, aside from maybe going back up the elevator and out of the catacombs.

>>677178
Nothing bad happens when you open the chest, revealing what looks like a stone amulet of a sun with an orange gem embedded in the center. Reaching in and holding it, the wailing suddenly stops.

>Curses have been suppressed.


>>677180
While you can't see anything strange about an unlocked chest, there seems to be no physical traps about it. Even inspecting the other unattended chest gives you the same results.

>>677179
You open the chest, feeling something suddenly creeping up your arm. Fear of creeping shadows flow through your mind! The crawling quickly makes its way up your arm!

>>677181
Mercer opens the chest, giving you sight of a spider suddenly running out of the chest and crawling up his arm.

Inside the chest holds a dagger with a beautifully gem encrusted hilt.


Rosa decides to sit with Succinite for comfort while the others continue to inspect the rooms.

 No.677184

>>677183

"Ah, what a lovely looking necklace!"

slipping the amulet over my head, i trot happily back into the room. "Look at this, quite the look, isn't it?" i ask, holding the gem in my hoof.

 No.677185

>>677183
His old habits getting the best of him, Alder goes ahead and pops the chest in the lower right room open
[1d10] (I don't know if you need to roll for this)

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.677186

>>677183
He loses his cool, scrabbling away from the chest and swatting at his arm in a panic. "Augh! Get it off! Get it off!"

 No.677187

>>677183
She starts looking around for the exit again, signaling to her companions with a shake of her maraca. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9

 No.677188

>>677182
She keeps her gaze on the batmare, squinting ''I see.''
>>677183
>>677186
She wordlessly swats the spider on Mercer, crushing it with her claws ''It's just a spider
'1d10+1'

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.677189

>>677184
"At least no traps went off." Rosa says with relief.

>>677185
You open the chest, revealing a small pile of old rusted over coins. While there's quite a lot of them, they're probably too old to even be used as currency.

>>677186
You swat at yourself, while the crawling has stopped you don't know if it's off.

>>677188
You glance away just for a second and it's gone, you could have sworn it was there just now.

>>677187
>>677186
>>677185
>>677184
>>677188
Succinite's maracas grab the attention of the group. "Are you guys satisfied now? C'mon, I-I don't wanna be around this creepy crypt any longer than we have to." Rosa says, waving a hoof over with Succinite's actions to get going.

>Continue on or open last chest?

 No.677190

>>677189

"Oh alright, we'd best be off then."

still in high spirits from my find, i follow Succinite back up the stairs, my summons in tow.

 No.677191

>>677189
Alder hums a little and nods at the coins, leaving them be before returning over to the rest of the group "Well, I suppose we should return upstairs. What did all of you find, if I may ask?"

 No.677192

>>677189
''Huh…'' Her attention then shifts to Rosa
''I agree. This is just a crypt with old treasure and some monsters that lurk in the dark, pretty normal thing. Let's just make sure we didn't leave anything behind before we go. The colossus waits us''

 No.677193

>>677188
>>677189
He calms down after a moment, checking himself a few times and readjusting his clothes, looking quite irritated. "The Rosa speaks the truth. This place is most inconvenient. Let us move." He goes to the exit and keeps moving alongside the rest of the group, but not before helping himself to the ornate dagger and looking it over.

 No.677194

>>677189
>>677187

"Could you be a dear and hold onto this for me? I certainly wouldn't want it to get lost." I ask, holding out the amulet to the goopony.

 No.677195

>>677194
>>677189
She takes it out as they slither out. "Aw ye," she vocalizes.

 No.677196

>>677194
>>677195
Astra hands over the sun amulet to Succinite.

>Succinite is cleansed of all curses. Astra is once again cursed.


>>677190
>>677191
>>677192
>>677193
>>677195
Leaving back up the stairs and out of the collapsed room, all of you find yourselves back in the main room. To the east stands the closed iron door, as well as one to the south. Sitting to the north is the elevator leading back up, deep rumblings can be felt from the stomping colossus from far above.

"H-How hard is that thing stomping around? Do you guys think it can even be calmed down?" Rosa wonders, looking at the roof only for a bit of rubble to fall onto her nose. She sniffles a bit and sneezes in reaction, rubbing her nose clean.

>Do you take the eastern door, the southern door or ride back up the elevator?

 No.677197

>>677196
She goes up.

 No.677198

>>677196
"We can only hope," he says grimly, warily continuing through the iron door with sword in hand.

 No.677199

>>677196
Alder looks between Mercer and Succinite, before frowning a little and looking between the two of them "Would it not be best to travel as a group?"

 No.677200

>>677199
"Hm? Whatever do you mean?" he asks, oblivious to Succinite going in a different direction. He looks around and spots her going back up the elevator. "Oh!"

>>677197
He clears his throat. "This one does not believe it would be wise to go back through a path we have already taken. Why not go this way, and continue to explore for now?" He gestures towards the iron door.

 No.677201

>>677197
You step onto the elevator, waiting for Rosa to step on as well.

>>677199
>>677200
"Well… Succinite and I could find out how to calm it down, maybe observe it for a bit while you guys explore a bit more. D-Don't worry, we'll send the elevator back down for you guys."

 No.677202

>>677196
''Wild and mindless beasts like those can only be calmed down in one way…'' she responds, following
>>677199
>>677198
''Yes, the gryphon speaks the truth, Mutt. What do you want to find over there?''
>>677200
''This crypt might be big enough for us to wander it for days… That Colossus up there might cave the ceiling in with that stomping around.''

 No.677203

>>677200
"Thing up there," she explains.

 No.677204

>>677200
I am inclined to agree with Miss Haelis. We might want to take care of the more… pressing issue, before doing something else."

 No.677205

>>677201
>>677202
>>677203
>>677204
He touches his chin pensively. "This one had not thought of it in such a manner. Very well then. Let us face this colossus, for better or worse." He follows the rest of the party back up the elevator.

 No.677206

>>677205
>>677204
''Very good. I have been itching to take on that monster and see you in a real battle'' She takes it to the elevator

 No.677207

>>677202
>>677203
>>677204
>>677205
"Well… Looks like that's four to one. Let's just hope for the best…" Rosa says, pressing her hoof down onto the button. Everyone rides back up to the top, the wailing stopping after going back up.

Skeletons litter the place more than usual, some having been knocked down from all of the stomping. There's one last stomp as everyone walks off the elevator, causing them to fall over for just a moment. There's only a few more colossal steps before it seems to stop and stand there above all of you. "D-…D-Did it stop?" Rosa asks, carefully standing back up.

>Everyone is cleansed of curses.

 No.677208

>>677207
Haelis waits and listens, holding a claw up to Rosa, while the other is drawn to her beaked muzzle, making a shushing motion

 No.677209

>>677205
>>677207
Alder shrugs a little in response, and makes his way into the elevator shortly after everyone else. He lets out a nervous squawk and splats onto the floor, picking himself up in short order and trying to play it off much like a cat might. As the elevator reaches the top,and the doors open, he slinks along into the shadows, keeping himself hidden for now [Stealth]

 No.677210

>>677207
>>677208
He nods, creeping along through the corridor as quietly as possible so as not to alert the Colossus to their presence.

[1d10] Sneakity sneak

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.677211

>>677207
She charges forth toward danger.

 No.677212

>>677208
Rosa stays quiet as per your request.

>>677209
You keep yourself hidden, slinking through the halls and seeing the exit to outside in view.

>>677210
You sneak along with Alder, making your way for the entrance yet keeping yourself from going outside and into the open.

>>677211
You decide to hop out past the others remaining at the entryway, stepping out into the open bravely.


Mercer, Alder, Haelis and Rosa stand at an entrance, hiding within the crypt as the colossus stands above, even when Succinite comes forth to leap out into the open, everyone can hear some distant voices conversing with one another…

1/2 (don't post yet)

 No.677213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yebtzASTRj8

"Alright alright, I've had my fun." A familiar voice can be heard.

"I swear, Allegro, you always think before you act." A similar and also familiar voice speaks out.

"Oh Arabesque my dear sweet buzz-killing sister, you worry too much! Besides, I only wanted to scare them further… assuming they are still alive." Allegro says, watching Succinite leap out. "Oh! Look! There's one of them now!" She says, shaking her sister lightly. Succinite is the only one to see them sitting atop of the colossus' head.

"It is just the goo that follows them, but if she's here… perhaps her friends are close by." Arabesque says, rubbing her chin with her hoof.

Allegro waves at Succinite. "I've always like these simple minded goos… Do you suppose Autumn would like to have a new pet?" Allegro asks her sister.

"Why do you need a pet for your pet?" Arabesque asks.

"I just think she gets lonely when I'm gone is all…" Allegro replies, their conversation continuing on as rose speaks up. "Them again? What are they doing here? And… why are they so chatty?" Rosa whispers loudly.

 No.677214

>>677213
"Them again…." whispering, she leans to Rosa "They don't want you here. Who are those two?" she ask the whole party

 No.677215

>>677213
Alder cocks his head to the side, and looks to the rest of the group. "Who are they? T-They seem to know you all."

 No.677216

>>677213
"Oh shid," she says. She starts to climb up the side of the colossus.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.677217

>>677212
>>677213
He seethes as he sees the Changeling twins back to haunt them, staying out of sight but gripping his sword tightly, itching to get his hands on them. He shrugs at Rosa's question. "Whatever their motives, this can only bode ill for us. Our task may be more difficult than anticipated."

>>677214
>>677215
"Trouble, that's what they are," he grows in a low voice so as not to attract their attention. "They have been present time and again, vexing us at every turn. Miscreants and criminals, like all those of their kind. A thousand curses on whatever twisted being spawned such a pus on this earth as changelings."

 No.677218

>>677214
>>677215
"I-I have no idea, they sort of just… knocked me out and locked me in a coffin when I tried investigating a mansion. Last I saw them they were taking a book out of the library I found my journal in…" Rosa answers.

>>677216
You start to climb up a little, only latching onto the leg and sliding down. When Allegro notices, she seems to wave her hoof as her horn glows. The colossus then lowers down to give you a better advantage of climbing.

>Colossus has lowered, successful climbs on 4.


"What do you think you're doing?" Arabesque asks her sister.

"I am the second puppeteer here, sister. You just don't realize the true comfort of petting a goo." Allegro replies, patting a space on the colossus' head next to her.

>>677217
They seem distracted with Succinite, in fact being friendly towards her.

 No.677219

>>677218
She scales the colossus. [1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.677220

>>677218
Alder watches in interest as Succinite clambers up the side of the colossus, humming softly before looking back at Mercer
>>677217
"W-What should we do then, Mister Mercer?"

 No.677221

>>677220
"This one sees only one option here."

>>677218
He grits his teeth and leaves his hiding spot, facing the colossus and the changeling twins. "Leaveour companion," he says sternly to the duo. "Now. Or we will make you suffer for your crimes against this land."

[1d10] Intimidate

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.677222

File: 1475993993018.jpg (450.98 KB, 418x687, Symbol.jpg)

>>677219
You climb up and sit next to Allegro, giving her the chance to caress you nicely with her cheese leg. You notice bellow you is a symbol painted onto the colossus' head.

>>677220
You watch her climb up as the pink colored changeling attempts to pet her.

>>677221
Allegro doesn't even turn to look at you, too distracted with Succinite. Arabesque however leans over to look down at you, grinning once she spots you. "Ah… If it isn't Mercer the Mutt. What do you plan on doing, throwing your weapon at us from all the way down there?" Arabesque mocks with a giggle.

 No.677223

>>677222
>pause

 No.677491


 No.677920

File: 1476583847053.jpg (241.58 KB, 1600x1920, Phaedra.jpg)

>>677222
Post your sheets, it's time for some Forbidden Lands!

 No.677921

>>677920
pastebin.com/GVJjNRvF

 No.677922


 No.677923

File: 1476584913927.jpg (545.35 KB, 1920x1280, 1466735787263.jpg)


 No.677924


 No.677925

>>677924
whoops, need to add the rest of that

 No.677926

>>677921
>>677922
>>677923
>>677924
Haelis 5/5 (5/5)
Mercer 7/5 (7/5)
Astra 5/5 (5/5)
Succinite 6/6 (6/6)
Alder 5/5 (5/5)

Current Companion - Rosa 5/5 (5/5)


Last time on Forbidden Lands!

Astra, Alder, Haelis and Rosa hide just at the entrance of the Haunted Catacombs. Mercer stands before the colossus and Changeling Sisters Allegro and Arabesque, failing yet another attempt at intimidating the duo while Succinite sits and watches next to the sisters. Rosa remains where she is, staying quiet in attempts to avoid confrontation with the sisters after her last experience with them.

Allegro sits there, distracted with Succinite as she gently strokes the goo's head. Arabesque however gives Mercer her full attention.

"This is the third time we've crossed paths, now why is that? What intention do you have with destroying these things… Wealth? Power?" Arabesque asks, moving off the top of the colossus' head and onto it's stone snout. "Or… Are you just trying to fulfill some sort of 'honorable duty' you've given yourself?" Arabesque asks, deciding to start with conversation instead of illusions or mind control.
still and nonreactive to the actions of the changeling sisters.

 No.677927


 No.677928

>>677926
Alder looks between Mercer and the trio of changelings from his little spot in the shadows and underbrush, unsure of what to really say

 No.677929

>>677926
Succinite decides to rifle through the changelings' possessions for anything valuable-looking.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.677930

>>677926
Haelis sneers and decides to show herself. Standing besides Mercer with her arms crossed
"And what are YOUR intentions with the beast, Changelings?"

 No.677931

>>677926
"These giants have caused nothing but trouble to the people living in this land, and we've taken it upon ourselves to protect this place!" i shout towards the changelings siting atop the colossi. "Not like you two have a better plan. It seems the both of you have a habit of causing nothing but trouble!"

 No.677932

>>677926
"We would ask your intentions also, scum," he growls back at them, still brandishing his sword in conviction. "Although it is doubtless for some vile scheme of yours. Now give it up. We outnumber you beldams three to one. You have this opportunity to flee, or we will destroy you where you stand."

 No.677933

>>677928
You remain silent as you watch.

>Still Stealthed


>>677929
Allegro giggles as you begin to search her for belongings. "H-Hey stop, that tickles!" Allegro says, too distracted from the tickling sensation of your gooey hooves to stop you.

You find she's carrying at least four scrolls with her, one which seems to have the small cloth band that kept it rolled up was removed. You also find a miniature flute and what looks like a banjo-like lute to you. Finally, you find what looks like a simple key.

>Allegro's Inventory: Miniature Shamisen, Miniature Flute, 3 cloth bound scrolls, 1 unbound loosely rolled up scroll, 1 scroll cloth band, 1 simple key.


>>677930
"You again?" Arabesque asks, although she doesn't really sound surprised. "I suppose I shouldn't have expected much from your kind. Since you broke our end of the deal, I won't tell you anything." She replies, smirking at you. "You can keep the scarf, however."

>>677931
"Ah, so it's the latter. Tell me, what trouble do you see this giant causing?" Arabesque asks, resting her head over her legs to relax more. "To me, it seems we have already calmed the beast to our liking." She says with a smug smile.

>>677932
"Destroy us where we stand?" Arabesque asks with a laugh. "Do you really wish to pick a fight with us? I could fulfill your request, since you all seem so insistent to 'strike us down in the name of justice'." Her horn begins to glow, causing the eyes of the colossus to shift to similar colors of her minty green magic. The beast then takes a single step towards you, the ground rumbling as a bit of earth kicks up from the step.

Allegro then taps her sister's horn. "No starting fights without me, be patient!" Allegro whispers angrily to her sister, causing Arabesque to sigh as she lets go of her magic and calms the beast once more.

 No.677934

>>677933
She takes the key and the key and the 3 scrolls, trading them for a scarf and three pairs of shirts.

She looks through Arabesque's stuff next.
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.677935

>>677933
"To your liking? And just what do you plan to do with that colossus, hmm? Don't think i'd forgotten how you used me to activate the colossus from before! I have no doubt you've planned something nefarious."

>>677930
"Erm.. a deal? Over what?"

 No.677936

>>677933
Alder cocks his head to the side, and whispers to Mercer "A-Are they trying to use the colossi? I'm afraid I have never seen them before…"

 No.677937

>>677936
"These two are certainly up to something, though they've yet to make themselves clear. We've faced them several times before, they're mind controlling magic is quite the danger."

 No.677938

>>677937
Alder bristles a little at the mention of magic, before getting ahold of his senses and shivering "M-Mind-controlling? T-That sounds horrible."

 No.677939

>>677933
"I had a very good reason to break the deal. Trust me, if these guys were anyone else I would have stopped them. But you didn't tell me they were the Giant slayers, the ones who I was looking for" she throws the scarf behind her neck and smiles "And you don't need to give me permission to keep it, but I appreciate it. Now get out of the colossus"
>>677935
"They offered me a deal to stop anyone from coming to this place. I would have told you about them sooner if I was aware that you were after them"

 No.677940

>>677938
"Oh yes, i know first hand. They had wormed their way into my mind, before i realized what had happened i had somehow activated a colossus!"

"Their music is the key, tune them out to try and resist."

>>677939
"well, i'm certainly glad our reputation preceded us, then. Though you really must warn us if you have anymore dealings with more ponies like them.."

 No.677941

>>677933
Seeing the beast start to come to life, he steps backwards, still brandishing his sword warily. "We have slain colossi before," he answrs, readying himself for a fight. "Another will be of little difference to us. We have become more powerful than you could ever hope to be. Now stand down, or there will be blood."

[1d10] Intimidate

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.677942

>>677940
"Don't worry, I haven't made any other deals"

 No.677943

>>677934
Allegro accepts at least the scarf, keeping the key for herself as well as the loosely rolled scroll and a single scroll. She hands you two other scrolls however with the cloth bands as well, keeping the scarf and even putting it on to wear.

Opening at least one of the scrolls shows you a tall lone mountain, resting at the peak is a small pool of water and a tree with a colorful fall feeling to it.

>Obtained two picture scrolls made by Allegro and another artist.


Attempting to search through Arabesque's stuff is a little more difficult, feeling Allegro pull you back to sit near her to prevent you from distracting her sister.

>>677935
"You were the only one with wings to fly away, if you haven't noticed we always give our 'victims' a chance of escape. If you really wish to know our 'plan' then you will simply need to wait for the day we show everyone." Arabesque replies, remaining vague about her and Allegro's plan.

Allegro decides to hover over and sit lie down near her sister. "The curtains don't open until the show has been made." Allegro chimes in, remaining cryptic to hide their intentions.

>>677939
"I don't believe you're in a position to make demands, Dragon." Arabesque says.

"Their titles don't mean much to those in the north, we have yet to hear word of them that far out." Allegro adds, now informing the group that their reputation only spreads as far as the southern parts of the lands.

>>677941
"He's so cute when he tries to be scary." Arabesque says to Allegro.

"You think he's cute? Quite strange tastes you have there, Sister." She replies to her sister, stifling a giggle.

"You may have slain them before, but you have never faced us. We were once the song and wind of Queen Adagio, we cannot be bested as easily as a mindless mass of stone." Arabesque warns, sitting up once more.

"Remember sister, we are merciful. If they wish to strike, allow them to strike first. If they're as 'good people
as they think they are, they wouldn't attack when treated with non-hostility." Allegro says to her sister.

"If they can strike us." Arabesque adds.

>>677936
"F-From the looks of it, it's like that colossus is their puppet… D-Do you think they'll just let us go?" Rosa asks, noticing the shift of the colossus' eyes.

 No.677944

>>677942
>>677941
>>677938

"What now?" I ask, turning away from the sisters to keep quiet. "Should we fight them? Quite the risk, considering their power and the colossus."

 No.677945

>>677944
"No," Succinite chimes in from her spot on the colossus' head.

>>677943
She dissolves the part of her body which Allegro holds onto, allowing herself to go free. She re-materializes closer to Arabesque and goes through her stuff.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.677946

>>677943
"I… I can not say for sure. I am not the best at quizzing folks out, b-but I think for now we might be able to trust them… but I am not sure. Miss Astragalus and Mister Mercer are much more… wary."
>>677944
He looks to Astragalus, before warbling a little "M-Maybe one or the other, but both them and the colossus?"

 No.677947

>>677943
He seethes at their refusal to take him seriously, backing off for a moment and looking to the rest of the party for planning.

>>677944
"There is nothing this one would like more, but their control of the colossus is a problem, to say the least," he responds, lowering his voice so they can't overhear. "If we could somehow sever their control, the scales would be tipped against them. Although, the colossus is more than likely to attack us all in abandon if this is so…"

>>677946
He shakes his head. "You have not encountered these two before, have you? They will surely turn on us as soon as we leave. They are villains in every sense of the word."

 No.677948

>>677947

"Our semi-solid friend was able to calm the ghosts from the mansion, perhaps it can settle the colossus as well?"

 No.677949

>>677947
"I-I will trust your judgment, Mister Mercer." he mumbles from the shadows
>>677948
"O-Oh, you mean the slime pony? Everything seems to find her harmless, it could work."

 No.677950

>>677949
"We'd have to convince her to try, though given what she'd do the twins won't just allow it.."

"If we cause a distraction we can have her calm it, perhaps send it back to it's sleep!"

 No.677951

>>677948
"We can only hope. There is still the problem of how to break their control. Perhaps a distraction would disrupt their spell? Only, this one has little to offer in the way of large attention-grabbing displays…" He trails off, letting the thought linger.

 No.677952

>>677951
with a grin, i nod knowingly.

"We'd only need to begin the charge, and with some clever spellcasting i should be able to conjure just the display we need.."

 No.677953

>>677943
"Oh, and you think you are? Sitting on a calmed beast like a pet?" she scoffs
"The titles are not important to me, only the word of their power"
>>677944
"I wanted to face the colossus on it's own. If they are controlling we might not have a chance." She lifts a claw "I say we get rid of them right here before the colossus has time to strike. But I will not do what I did before, this is up to you to choose"

 No.677954

>>677945
When you reach Arabesque and begin to touch her, she uses her magic to push you away from her and back to your spot. Nothing's stopping you from trying again if you wanted to.

>>677946
"They locked me in a coffin for a few hours… I-I can understand that they're wary, we just don't know what these changelings are up to." Rosa says, taking a step back just to make sure she's out of sight of the twins.

>>677953
"You seem a bit too overconfident." Arabesque says.

"It sounds almost like she wants to hear our power of song, sister." Allegro adds.

 No.677955

>>677951
"The most I could do is dance, and I am afraid I am a little out of practice. Magic could do well, though."

 No.677956

>>677953
>>677951
>>677949

"Very well, lets see if we can get them away from the colossi. Should things go poorly, remember which way we came from."

>>677943
turning back to face the twins, my markings burn bright as i find a tear to open along the floor.
[1d10] Raise ancient, Triple attack

"We can't simply let you two continue with.. whatever plan you have in the making!"

"Your schemes stop here!"

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.677957

>>677954
Succinite does a crab dance toward Arabesque, playing her maraca to lower her guard.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.677958

>>677952
He grins right back, realizing her plan. "Then let us fight them, at least for now. Use your magic to call a beast worthy of this battle, and their hold should be broken."

>>677954
>>677956
He joins her, pulling out his mace and running it along his sword to apply its sparks to his newfound weapon. "Justice is upon you," he says defiantly to the changelings. "Confess your crimes or fall to the sword!"

>automatic Sharpen

 No.677959

>>677954
Alder readies his shortbow, but for now stays hidden.

 No.677960

>>677954
"Confident enough" she says, ready in a battle stance
>Stance of the tiger

"And I'd love to see you try" and taunts

 No.677961

>>677959
(I can't really access the femto rules or the ctyube, so I can't make sure. What does 2.1's magic bolt do? I thnink I habe the 2.5 version for aome reason

 No.677962

>>677961
>Magic Bolt: spell, recharge 2, ranged; this volatile energy attack deals one additional hit of damage, but crit-fails on 2-. This spell can apply one Elementalist effect when cast.

 No.677963

>>677956
You rip open a rift, only for it to snap shut suddenly.

"Well, that was quite the show." Arabesque says sarcastically.

"Really? It didn't look that impressive to me." Allegro says, looking to her sister.

>>677957
Your distraction doesn't quite work, receiving another push back to your spot.

>>677958
Your mace sparks to life with ice and lightning. "This land has no room for justice, mutt." Arabesque says.

>>677960
They both laugh at you, not giving clarity as to why.

>>677959
You remain hidden.



Arabesque and Allegro's horns glow their minty green and cherry red colors, pulling a koto and a flute together from seemingly nowhere. Each eye of the colossus begins to turn the same color as their magic and respectively the same side they sit.

They begin to play a magical melody together, their song flowing out harmoniously. Everyone begins to feel light headed as their tune is heard.

>World Warp: Duet

[1d10+6]

>Roll to resist effects.


Roll #1 10 + 6 = 16

 No.677964

>>677963
"That wasn't part of the.. plan.."

hearing the music begin to play, i try to tune out their song!
[1d10] Resist!

"Don't listen to their song! We'll be finished!"

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.677965

>>677963
"Fug," she says.

She counter-plays a sick beat. [1d10+1] Return to Earth

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.677966

>>677963
[1d10] Alder attempts to resist the effects as best he can

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.677967

>>677963
"There is always room for justice," he growls through gritted teeth. "May you burn for your sins against all that is good in this world. Ancestors protect us!" He moves towards the colossus with sword in hand, trying to drown out the sound of their music.
[1d10] Resist

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.677968

>>677963
Of course Haelis resists, she doesn't have ears!
Right?
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.677969

>>677966
(Hrm. Would escape artist help in any way?)

 No.677970

>>677969
>Escape Artist: automatic, recharge 3; Break free of all immobilizing effects (grabs, roots, freeze traps etc.) and also removes helplessness.
Unless their spell paralyzes us or something, you're just as screwed as the rest of us.

 No.677971

>>677965
Your maracas doesn't reach anyone's ears.

>>677964
>>677966
>>677968
>>677967
>>677965
The world around you begins to warp, you suddenly appear in a large circular arena. You stand with your backs to the wall, all around you the entire place seems to be set up like one large stage for a play in a Colosseum, yet all of the seats are empty. In the center stands the colossus as well as Succinite on top of it, however the sisters seem to be missing.

The music filling your ears picks up and becomes a bit more intense, causing the colossus to rear up for a stomp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYnkRXulE6k

>Quake: Everyone on the ground.

[1d10+2]

>Sisters are unable to be targeted for 10 more turns.


The music plays on to strengthen the colossus for the next strike.

>Inspire: Duet

[1d10+6]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 7 + 6 = 13

 No.677972

>>677971
Wide-eyed in shock, i barely have enough time to snap my wings out and try to fly!
[1d10] Flight

"Watch out!"

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.677973

>>677971
His head spinning as the world around him changes, he instinctively rolls to the side and takes cover to avoid the colossus' stomp.

[1d10] Dodge

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.677974

>>677971
She just sits and waits.

 No.677975

>>677974
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.677976

>>677971
Alder screeches a little, fluttering his wings out and attempting to get into the air [1d10+1] Flight

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.677977

>>677971
She dodges the best she can

 No.677978

And rolls for it
'1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.677979

>>677976
(are we stopping anytime soo? I've had a couple straight days of little aleep and I can't really follow along too well)

 No.677980

>>677972
You feel a sudden unknown gust of wind push you back to the ground, forcing you to take the full force of the colossus' attack. The ground shakes heavily, rocks kicking up to bash into your side and fracture a few ribs.
>Fractured Ribs: You'll receive broken ribs with your next critfail.

>-5 hits, helpless.


>>677973
You fail to dodge the incoming quake, rocks fly up at you, a sharp rock slicing through your arm to cause some fairly serious harm.

>-5 hits, 2/5.


>>677974
>>677975
You remain perfectly still on the colossus' head, as if the rearing up didn't even effect you.

>Sticky seating, remaining still on your spot will keep your rump stuck to the head.


>>677976
You attempt to fly up, only to be smacked by the same gust of wind that Astra was hit with, however you're blown a bit closer to the impact spot. The force of the colossus sends you flying to smack back into the wall as well as injuring your wing badly.

>Broken wing: -2 to flight rolls, requires mending to fully heal and a heal to bring it to fractured.

>Taking a critfail with 5 hit damage brings you to 0/3, helpless.

>>677977
>>677978
You feel your ego take a hit almost as badly as your body does, dodging to get closer to the beast and instead being blown back into the wall just like Alder was. You feel a few ribs break being slammed against the wall.

>Taking a critfail with 5 hit damage brings you to 0/3.

>Broken Ribs: Permanent wound reduction by 1.



"Watch how they fumble about, Allegro, isn't it entertaining?" Arabesque taunts from the shadows of her and her sister's illusion.

"Very entertaining, dear sister. Let's see how they can handle 'rogue elements'" Allegro says, a spell flashing out of nowhere.

>Magic Bolt: Mercer [Wind Element]

[1d10+3]

The colossus begins stomping towards the group. while its hooves are heavy enough to make the ground shake, it's a bit slow as well.

>Pause


Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.677981

>>677980
(critfails happen regardless of bonuses? Dang)

 No.679261

>>677980
Post them sheets!

 No.679262


 No.679263

File: 1477791207219.jpg (760.76 KB, 2560x1536, mercer maali sketch.jpg)

>>679261
pastebin.com/GVJjNRvF

 No.679264


 No.679265

File: 1477791355794.png (45.38 KB, 596x658, 1464472719675.png)


 No.679266


 No.679267

>>679262
>>679263
>>679264
>>679265
>>679266
Haelis 0/3 (5/5)
Mercer 2/5 (7/5)
Astra 0/4 (5/5)
Succinite 6/6 (6/6)
Alder 0/3 (5/5)


Last time on Forbidden Lands, our band of adventurers got themselves into a fight with the changeling sisters! No more running from this time either, it seems like there is no escape for the group either.

The colossus stands tall and unscathed, having dished out quite a bit of punishment on the group. "Watch how they fumble about, Allegro, isn't it entertaining?" Arabesque taunts from the shadows of the World Warp illusion.

"Very entertaining, dear sister. Let's see how they can handle 'rogue elements'!" Allegro says, a sudden ball of wind bursts out towards Mercer at incredible speed!

>Combat is still continuing.

>8 more turns of World Warp left.

 No.679268

>>679267
Haelis takes slow breathing, holding her stomach with one claw as she get back on her feet
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.679269

>>679267
Alder bounces off the ground once or twice, laying still for a little bit before trying to get to all fours
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.679270

>>679267
Succinite drops a sick beat.

[1d10+1] return to earth

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.679271

>>679267
the air knocked out of me from the quake, i try and get back onto my hooves, careful not to further injure my already hurting ribs.

[1d10] Recovery

"We've got to act fast, another quake like that and we're finished!"

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.679272

File: 1477792156538.webm (1.44 MB, 1280x718, stannis.webm)

>>679267
He resigns himself to his fate, taking up his sword and lunging at the colossus' legs in silence.

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.679273

>>679268
You rise back onto your feet, although your stomach feels quite sore from all the beatings you've been taking.

>Bruised stomach: stings for a few days when touched.

>5/3

>>679269
You attempt to get up but your wings are caught in a gust, causing you to fall back to the ground.

>>679270
You beatbox on top of the colossus while playing a sick maraca tune, however your spell must not be getting through the colossus.

>>679271
Just like Alder, you feel the sudden gust from Allegro's magic bolt blow you over onto the floor after seeing it blast Mercer to the floor.

>>679272
Your sword scratches at the surface of the colossus, however it doesn't seem to do anything against it. Perhaps the legs may be similar to the shell of the second colossus you faced.

After smacking your sword against the beast, you feel you're blown down to the ground forcefully and painfully.

>-6 hits, 0/5 helpless.



"Let's see how long these 'Giant Slayers' can last before they give up." Arabesque says, preparing to toss out some of her own magic.

The colossus begins to lift a leg to slam down at Mercer, before kicking at Haelis.

>Colossus Stomp [Inspired]: Mercer

[1d10+2]

>Colossus Kick [Inspired]: Haelis

[1d10+2]

>Arabesque's Transfix: Astragalus

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 10 + 2 = 12 / Roll #3 3 + 3 = 6

 No.679274

>>679273
Knocked over once again, i try and get back up again!

[1d10] Recovery

Feeling the familiar strings tugging at the corners of my mind, i try and will myself to resist.

[1d10] Resist

"No, You'll not control me again!"

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.679275

>>679273
Alder huffs a little bit, and, with a little bit of prep time, pops back to his hooves with a surprising amount of grace [Escape Artist]
He winces a little as he flutters his broken wing involuntarily, before turning to focus on the colossus. His tattoos flare up brightly as he lobs a bolt of magic with a loud screech
[d10+1] Magic Bolt on the Colossus

 No.679276

>>679273
He pulls himself back up, determined to persevere.

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.679277

>>679275
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.679278

>>679273
She releases her mixtape.

[1d10+1] Return to Earth

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.679279

>>679273
She spits a bit of blood mixed with toxic venom, cursing her fate as she braces for the imminent kick
'1d10' defend?

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.679280

>>679274
You attempt to get up, only to feel Arabesque's attempt at control over your mind causes you to freeze in place. Haelis then crashes into you, sending you to the ground once more and injured even further.

Being knocked out of your senses however helped knock away the spell.

>>679275
>>679277
Even after leaping up, your bolt of magic seems to graze against the legs.

>>679276
You stand back up onto your feet quickly, dodging away from the stomp of the colossus.

>>679279
You feel the kick slam into you, causing you to crash into Astra. While you can stand up, the attack breaking your ribs even further.

>Broken Ribs x2: Permanent wound reduction by 2. Next broken ribs will result in Broken Ribcage status.


>1/3. (2 wounds may not be restored.)



Allegro and Arabesque watches Haelis soars into Astra, Allegro letting out an impressed whistle. "Who knew a colossus could have nice aim like that." She says, Arabesque giggling in response.

Allegro and Arabesque's music lets out a flourish, attempting to boost the Colossus again.

>Inspire: Duet

[1d10+6]

The colossus then begins to rear up, stomping down to the ground once more.
>Quake: Everyone on ground.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 10 + 6 = 16 / Roll #2 8 + 2 = 10

 No.679281

>>679280
Alder screeches in surprise as it starts to rear up, and reflexively tries to fly up into the air
[1d20-1]

Roll #1 9 - 1 = 8

 No.679282

>>679281
[1d10-1] whoops

Roll #1 1 - 1 = 0

 No.679283

>>679280
"Shid."

She tries to use Return to Earth one last time. [1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.679284

>>679280
Battered by Haelis colliding with me, i try and gather enough strength to stand, coughing up dust and blood as the ground settles.

[1d10] Recover!

"It can't end.. like this.."

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.679285

>>679280
"We must not falter!" he shouts, bracing himself for impact. "Show these villains what we are capable of!"

[1d10] Inspire

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.679286

>>679280
She shakes a bit. Her muzzle contorted in pain "So this is the power of a colossus, huh?"
>>679274
Haelis silently thank her luck that she didn't scratch Astra with any of her claws
"So, were all colossus this much of a fight?" she asks the bat, carefully getting off of her

Haelis sees the creature about to stomp, and rushes to help Astra up in time, taking the bat in her arms and jumping in time to at least try to avoid the impact
"Oof… You're heavier than I thought"

'1d10' Jump

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.679287

>>679286
"I-I would not know!The only other one I have seen was not quite as powerful!"

 No.679288

>>679287
"So they get stronger and stronger. Cursed fate, I joined you at the wrong time. I was ill prepared to face this beast, and those two dammed bugs…"

 No.679289

>>679286
"The sisters have some sort of magic here.. Much stronger than before.." I reply weakly, shifting on the floor to face you.

"If i can just get up.."

 No.679290

>>679289
"I will help you, and I'll try my best to mind the claws. I can't fly like most dragons but I could reach the top of the colossus head in prime state. Brace yourself, here it comes!"

 No.679291

>>679290
"We just need my ancient.. We can turn this around!" I reply, looking hopeful

"Once i've got it we'll have to take the climb, though i've not the claws to scale something like this.."

 No.679292

>>679291
"I-I could carry you, I think!"

 No.679293

>>679281
You fly up into the air, avoiding the incoming strike you nearly took again.

>>679283
You feel your magic flow through your maracas and into the colossus, allowing you to bond with it further.

>Continue rolling Return to Earth until you have successfully rolled five times, each success when the recharge ends increases bonus further. Current bonus is +1.

>1/5 Successes until colossus is fully controlled.

>>679284
You attempt to crawl away from the attack, only to have a rock slam against your leg and snap it. You feel your body collapse to the floor as pain overcomes you.

>Broken Leg: -1 to Dodge Rolls. 0/1, helpless and unable to recover.


"One down three to go, sister!" Allegro says excitedly.

"Hah! Let's see how they'll squirm out of this one." Arabesque replies.

>>679285
You cry out, your words unable to make it past the sound of the colossus' hooves stomping the ground near you and causing you to be blown away from it.

>-5 hits, 2/4


>>679286
You attempt to jump, only to have a rock fly out and slam into your jaw. You do a sick flip before landing back down onto the ground where your stomach makes first contact.

>0/2, helpless.



Nothing seems to happen from the sisters this time.

"Finish them, beast." Arabesque says to the colossus. It responds with a deep low yet angry groan, swinging with both hooves once again.

>Left hoof stomp [Crit Inspired]: Mercer

[1d10+3]

>Right hoof stomp [Crit Inspired]: Haelis

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6 / Roll #2 7 + 3 = 10

 No.679294

>>679293
Feeling my leg violently break, i scream in pain, tears welling up as i stop moving, trying to not hurt it further.

"Celestia, the pain!"

 No.679295

>>679291
"I will try. I am all about claws and scale"

>>679293
She attempted to get up
'1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.679296

>>679293
She uses RtE again. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.679297

Alder frowns a little and touches back down, before trying to help the unicorn up "P-Please, miss Astragalus. W-We can not falter here."
[1d10] help her up?

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.679298

>>679297
"I-it's my leg, i can't move!"

"If you can hold me up, i can try and cast something, but we'll have to move fast!" i say, gritting my teeth to push through the pain.

 No.679299

>>679293
He rushes to Astra's side, trying to help her up. "We cannot give up just yet! Stay with us, friend Astra!"

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.679300

>>679299
"Thank you, Mercer.."

holding my leg away from the motion, my runes reignite, the area around us cast in blue.

"Hold me up for just a moment, dear.. I'll try and summon the ancient."

 No.679301

>>679295
You recover, only for you to be smashed back down into the ground next to Astragalus. Even with how agile you stood, the beast was still too strong.

>0/1, unable to recover without assistance.


"Two down now, they're putting on quite a disappointing show." Allegro taunts.

>>679296
Your magic strengthens, your control over the colossus feels so far yet so close.

2/5 RtE successes to control colossus.

>>679297
You attempt to help her up, however you hesitate as you try to think of a way to lift her up without harming her further.

"Did we see him at the manor, dear sister?" Allegro asks out of curiosity.

"It doesn't matter, soon he won't be a problem to us anymore." Arabesque answers.

>>679299
You rush over to help Astra up off the ground, avoiding the attack in the process. She looks badly injured, going down again might mean the end for her.

>Astra is 5/1.



The colossus roars again, swinging to stomp down on Mercer and Astra

>Left hoof stomp: Mercer

[1d10+1]

>Right hoof stomp: Astra

[1d10+1]

"Let's remove this one from the fight, shall we?" Arabesque says, waiting for Allegro to cast a wind spell to finish off Haelis.

>Suffocating Winds (Magic Bolt finisher): Haelis

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #2 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #3 6 + 3 = 9

 No.679302

>>679301
"Huhuhuhuhuhu," Succinite begins to laugh, wearing an uncharacteristically menacing smile. "You look so small."

[1d10+3] RtE

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.679303

>>679301
with my runes reignited, i find a nearby rift to open, supporting myself on Mercer's side.

"Focus.."

with a shimmer from my dress, i try and tear open a rift!
[1d10] Summon ancient, triple attack (dress cast)

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.679304

>>679297
"Alder, Haelis needs help!"

"I've got my hooves full, can you reach her?"

 No.679305

>>679301
>>679304
Alder lets out a relieved sigh as the bat pony gets to her hooves, before nodding a little and hurrying over to try and help Haelis up
[1d10]assist

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.679306

>>679300
>>679301
>>679303
He does so, letting her lean on him as he faces the colossus with a scowl. "In this life or the next, we will make you pay for your sins, fiends," he growls. "You will fall to us! Show them your true strength, friend Astra!"

>Path of the Wanderer: You may sacrifice your own turn in order to help reroll an ally's skill in the case they fail

 No.679307

>>679301
Her pupils shrink as she feels bad juju abound
"Not yet…"

 No.679308

>>679306
>>679301
Nodding i refocus on the rift.

Clearing my mind and blocking the pain, i begin the opening once again, renewing my magic…

[1d10] Summon Ancient: Triple attack

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.679309

>>679302
Your bond is strengthening!

3/5

>>679303
>>679308
You feel a shimmer of a rift in front of you with your magic, only for it to snap shut. Maybe you're just too weak…

You cough up some blood, pain in your chest from the broken ribs.

>-1 hit. 4/1


>>679305
You try to rush to help, but the winds forming around Haelis is too strong. You're blown back, unable to help but watch her get taken away.

>>679307
You feel the winds forming around you, pulling you higher into the air. "Let's not kill her… yet… She may be useful to us." Arabesque says.

Allegro giggles, nodding to her sister. "She will make an example…" Allegro replies.

The wind suffocates Haelis, knocking her out and pulling her out of the World Warp illusion.

>Haelis has been removed from combat.



The colossus rears up once more, stomping down in attempts to finish off the party further.

>Quake: Everyone on ground

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.679310

>>679309
In desperation, i bring my wings out to try and fly over the quake!

[1d10] Flight

"Mercer, watch out!"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.679311

>>679309
"Now I'm the one on top. Not anyone else! I get to be in charge now!" Succinite says clearly.

[1d10+4] RtE

Roll #1 5 + 4 = 9

 No.679312

>>679309
Alder hurriedly tries to take to the air as well
[1d10-1]

Roll #1 5 - 1 = 4

 No.679313

>>679309
He backs off, trying to instil courage in his teammates again despite being somewhat shaken at Haelis' disappearance. "Hold together!" he barks. "We will weather this storm, as we always do!"

[1d10] Inspire

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.679314

>>679310
You take off into the air, only for the similar suffocating winds to appear around you that just swooped away Haelis.

"Ah ah ah… You're next." Allegro says. Her winds begin to slowly suffocate you, knocking you out and carrying you off as well.

>Astra has been removed from combat.


>>679311
So close! 4/5.

>>679312
Attempting to flee the strike only causes you to accidentally get caught in it, harming yourself further.

>-2 hits.


>>679313
Your calls fall on deaf ears, hope draining as two of your allies are being carried off.


The colossus begins to attack once more, swinging for Alder and Mercer
>Left hoof swing: Mercer
[1d10+1]

>Right hoof swing: Alder

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3

 No.679315

>>679313
>>679312
>>679310
"You three need to surrender when I give you the chance," she says from the top of the colossus.

>>679314
[1d10+5] RtE

Roll #1 9 + 5 = 14

 No.679316

>>679315
>>679314
Alder starts to scramble out of the way as his attempt fails, before stopping to look up at the goo pony. "S-Surrender? W-Wait, what are you going to do?" he asks, keeping himself rooted to the spot. Trusting the goo pony (and not really having any other things he can do), Alder passes for now

 No.679317

>>679314
"ASTRA!" Mercer looks on in despair as she is seemingly slain by the changelings, sinking to his knees in disbelief for a moment.

>>679315
Unable to process much at the moment, he merely nods at the faint voice.

 No.679318

>>679316
>>679317
"Yes. You're going to surrender to me."

 No.679319

>>679317
>>679318
Alder tries his best to comfort the Diamond Dog, before nodding a little at Succinite

 No.679320

>>679315
You take full control of the colossus! It has become your new companion until you drop control.

>Name: Phaedra.

>Hits: 200
>Skills: Left and Right hoof swing with +1 to stomps. Quake has a recharge of 2 with a +2.

The mark Arabesque has placed on the top of it's head shifts, changing to a similar color to your goo.

"What's this? Did that ooze just take control of our colossus?" Arabesque says.

"Ooooh she might be quite useful to us then, sister!" Allegro replies back to her sister, waving a hoof and clearing the illusion away from Succinite.

"Hey, you! If you can put these pests down, we could cut you a deal and let you be our partner." Allegro offers, giving a chance for betrayal.

>>679316
The hoof stomps away from you, unable to tell if it just missed or if it was intentional.

>>679317
You get slammed into the ground by the powerful hoof of the colossus, whether it was because of momentum or succinite you can't tell."

>Colossus is under Succinite's control.

 No.679321

>>679320
Breathing heavily from his mounting wounds, he takes a knee and stabs his sword into the ground, glaring up at the changelings with a look of utter disgust.

 No.679322

>>679320
Alder follows suit, kneeling over and letting his damaged wing flop over

 No.679323

File: 1477800914749.jpg (34.87 KB, 400x604, I sacrifice.jpg)

>>679320
>>679321
>>679322
"There is no need, Allegro. They have bent the knee and given themselves to us. Capturing the foe is a far greater victory than slaughter. There shall be no further losses today."

 No.679324

>>679321
The World Warp begins to fade away, Arabesque and Allegro finally coming into view. You realize they've been hovering just over your heads the whole time.

Arabesque is giving you a smug grin, lying down on her cloud as she looks down upon you. "Good boy." She demeans.

>>679322
You see the changeling sisters above you, Allegro waving at you lightly with an alluring smile, yet you still feel intimidated by it.

>>679323
>>679322
>>679321
>>679310
>>679307
Winds begin to form around Mercer and Alder, slowly suffocating them. "Sleep now… You're much easier to move when you're unable to resist." Arabesque says while Allegro casts her spell.

>The party blacks out as the Changeling Sisters takes them as captives.

>Result: Sisterly Love Ending.

 No.679327

>>679324
The party awakens in the Temple of Light, a note left with them saying "If we see you outside of this temple, we will kill you without hesitation. Signed, Arabesque and Allegro."

And then the group lived happily ever after in the temple, the end.


[Last 50 Posts]
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]