[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1466216954988.jpg (320.39 KB, 2880x1620, Planetscape_sci_fi_planet_….jpg)

 No.667310[Last 50 Posts]

First of many threads to come.

 No.667311

File: 1466217091675.jpg (309.17 KB, 1920x781, sRPqiFo.jpg)

It is an era of great unrest in the Sun-Moon Empire. Brought together by a mysterious leader, the chaotic army of outlaws known as the SPURNED has begun attacking Arks across the galaxy.

During this time of tension, a faint hope has begun to glimmer. A new planet dubbed CRION-338 has recently been discovered and confirmed to be habitable by sentient beings.

All across the Empire, different factions are competing in a frantic attempt to be the first to explore this new planet. You, the party, have been contacted by an employer named Think Tank, who has requested you rendezvous with him on the Ark known as Rona and depart on one such mission….

Post sheets

 No.667312

File: 1466217179523.jpg (21.22 KB, 698x400, House.jpg)


 No.667313

File: 1466217180857.jpg (129.14 KB, 1024x724, Reinhardt.jpg)


 No.667314

File: 1466217231892-0.jpg (55.36 KB, 736x986, 0dd2e694c0805cb74f2aa2664a….jpg)

File: 1466217231892-1.jpg (143.7 KB, 800x1035, athletc_power_armour_by_ge….jpg)

File: 1466217231892-2.png (1.53 MB, 1600x1352, battle_dragon_power_armor_….png)

File: 1466217231892-3.jpg (467.37 KB, 1600x1238, space-exo-suit-mecha-mech-….jpg)


 No.667315

File: 1466217259738.png (101.66 KB, 590x500, Risky Hooves.png)


 No.667316

>>667312
>>667313
>>667314
>>667315
"These are difficult times. There is no denying this." The familiar face of Supreme Empress Celestia flickers on the overhead monitors. She is giving another one of her speeches in the wake of yet another Spurned attack, this time at a major commerce Ark. "Our galaxy has never faced so terrible a threat as this. But I say this to you, citizens of the Sun-Moon Empire: We are your servants. We will continue to defend your liberty and safety from this day until our last. We will repel the forces that seek to take it from you. The Empire remains strong," she stresses.
The galactic news continue to play on a low volume as you sit in an interstellar shuttle en route to the Ark of Rona. It has been at least twelve hours of uninterrupted flight already, and to make things worse the shuttle is fairly small, making the area somewhat cramped. Luckily, there are not too many people in your section, so you can at least stretch your limbs. You are all surrounded by strangers, and it will yet be a while before you arrive at your destination. It will not be too long, however: about two or three hours more from what you gather.
Apart from the four of you, this part of the shuttle holds a skinny green pegasus with a ponytail and a leather jacket, as well as a middle-aged unicorn couple. The former is staring out the window at the vastness of space while listening to music through some headphones, while the latter are talking quietly. A selection of food and drink is available to order from an interface, but from what you have sampled it is limited to fruits, bread, premade salad, a selection of juices and an irritatingly lukewarm coffee. Apart from your essential gear such as clothing, you do not have access to your inventory for now as it is in the cargo hold for the trip. With the limited entertainment options, perhaps it would be a good idea to introduce yourselves to pass the time.

 No.667318

>>667316
"Protect those who can afford it, more like."

Brimstone says beneath his helmeted armor, mostly to himself. He taps on his metallic knee, looking about the shuttle. He, however, doesn't address anyone unless spoken to.

 No.667319

>>667316

Idly rotating my mechanical talon, i stare out the window in annoyance.

"Wonderful. Stuck in a tin can for another few hours with nothin' to do.."

eyeing the rest of the passengers, i shrug.

"Might as well introduce myself. Name's Risky Hooves, soon to be captain of whichever next ship they load us onto."

 No.667320

>>667319
"Heh, I'm used to being stuck in a tin can."

Brimstone says, flat-toned.

 No.667321

>>667316
Unlike the others, Veta actually had some entertainment built into her limbs. Currently playing a mobile version of Grand Larceny V, the annoyed looking diamond dog sits focused as her arms makes all sorts of gunshot noises.

>>667319
The noise of a pause screen appears as Veta looks up at Brimstone, but then looks back down and unpauses. The sounds of videogame violence increases as she seems to up the volume.

 No.667323

>>667320

"Well, for a can it looks like it can pack a punch. How much did you spend on that armor, eh? Must have been quite the buy."

 No.667324

>>667316
Stone Heart listens to Supereme Empress Celestia's speech with as much attention as one of her soldiers would. He then lets out a deep long sigh before relaxing back in his seat, his armor standing next to him.

>>667319
"Ah, hello there! I am Stone Heart, it is nice to meet all of you." He speaks strongly, raising his hoof as a warm greeting. "Ehm… Miss Hooves, what do you mean 'captain of whichever next ship'? I was never told we were assigned a team captain before the meeting."

>>667320
Stone Heart can't help but stare at Brimstone's armor and attempt identifying it or at least the familiar parts used to make it.

>Engineering

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.667327

>>667321
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.667328

>>667324

"Well, Stone Heart, seeing how the tin-pony over there couldn't fit into a cockpit in all that metal, and I've captained a vessel before, it's just about guaranteed!"

"I'll carve a name for myself on that rock and as much open space as we can fly through."

 No.667329

File: 1466218902337.png (39.33 KB, 1000x1000, leviathan_cross.png)

>>667323
"You know how something can cost an arm and a leg? I payed with two legs instead."

Brimstone says, chuckling.

>>667324
>The armor looks experimental and old, nothing close to modern. It seems to cover the entire body, and is airtight. It has no tell-tale logo or company insignia, other than the chest having a decal on it's front. (pic related)

 No.667331

>>667328
"Well, just make sure you do not hurt anyone while carving your way through space."

>>667329
"That's quite the set up you have there. Is it something you put together yourself?"

 No.667332

>>667331
"No, It was from a company I used to work for. First and last of it's class, the project was scrapped after they merged with Morning Star*."

he taps his talon on his breastplate,

"I'm no engineer, costs me a plenty to have enough repairs to keep me walking, let alone the armor."
[*a well known Sun-Moon based scientific research group]

 No.667335

"This is why I am proud to be a junker." He says, patting his bulky suit of armor. A piece of the shoulder plating falls off, causing Stone to glance at it and chuckle. "That happens all the time, but trust me when I say that it works wonders." He speaks with worried pride for his armor, picking up the shoulder plating to stick it back on.

 No.667338

>>667335
"If it keeps you in one piece, it works. The last thing you want is to end up with missing parts." i laugh, spinning my mechanical talon.

"Not to say you won't find more uses for the replacement, that is. Talons are good for gripping thing, like tools or somepony's neck."

 No.667339

>>667321
>>667327
You play a fairly successful round, but mess up in the last few minutes and fall just short of beating your high score.

>>667324
It's fairly old from what you can tell. You don't recognize it at all, but it looks effective.

>timeskip

After a good few hours of travel, a warbling announcement from the pilot precedes your arrival at Rona. You can see it from the windows as the shuttle begins to fly in. It is a very long, vertical facility shaped somewhat like a syringe, with an outer ring affixed to its center. Behind it you can see the star it is set to orbit around, a titanic green and blue sphere silhouetting the Ark. As the shuttle gets closer and closer, Rona's outer ring gets larger and larger at the window, until the circling grey structure is all you can see. The shuttle flies in through one of the myriad ports along the outer ring, eventually landing in a shiny-looking hangar bay. From what you know of Rona, it is a fairly expensive place to live, albeit not as famous as other Arks.
After being shunted along through the spaceport and going through an incredibly long and frustrating customs process, you are reunited with your luggage and free to go wherever you wish. As you step out of the building and look around, the first thing you see is a tiny circular robot of some sort fly up to you with a chirping noise. Its optical lens flashes white before it continues on its way. The sudden light blinds you momentarily. When this fades, you can see the sector of Rona you are in in all its glory, an open sprawling landscape of immense vertical buildings and great neon signs.
The city is rife with floating vehicles dashing to and from their destinations, and all around is the endless whirring sound of the vehicles as well as the chatter of Rona's citizens. As is common for a spaceport, you can see taxi vehicles waiting for customers to arrive. Because of the recent Spurned attacks, you can also see armed soldiers on patrol on the walkways, some even clad in full helmeted power armor. Near where you would otherwise fall off the side of the building to your death, you can see the faint chromatic ripple of safety fields. Looking up, you can see a similar ripple in the artificial sky. By popular vote, the current weather is sunny with scattered clouds. It is currently around midday in galactic standard time.
You recall that the message you received from Think Tank listed the following address: Think Tank Manor, 204 Manderly Avenue, Upper East Bierce district. You can see from a nearby sign that the district you are currently in is called Buckwell Circle. You are also feeling rather hungry and thirsty due to the lax standards of the transport's refreshments. In addition, you notice you are still in each other's company ever since the shuttle.

 No.667341

>>667339

throwing my cloak over my back, i leave the hood off to take in the massive station.

"Quite a bit bigger that the outer Arks i've been to.."

"Think Mr. Tank can hold his horses for a few while we grab a bite? Shuttle food is gag-worthy."

 No.667342

>>667339
"Well that was a waste of time. Not like these checkpoints do anything. The passengers are more likely to stop a threat than these useless screening processes," Veta irritably says to no one in particular, opening a bottle and downing a few pills rather easily for not having anything to drink.

With hunger setting in, she digs into her stash of lollis, only the white handle sticking out of her mouth.


>>667341
"I can guarentee half of that may have expired three months ago. And if not, then he's going to have to make time."

 No.667345

>>667338
Stone Heart simply chuckles a bit nervously, playing the strangling part off as a joke.

>>667341
>>667342
"It seems we are both heading the same way! Although I could go for a proper lunch. Give me but a moment to ask directions is all." He says, waving to you both as he approaches the locals.

>>667339
Stone Heart approaches some of the locals, greeting them with a warm smile and a wave of his hoof. "Hello, I was wondering if you could please direct me to Upper East Bierce district? I'm not quite from around here and I am already lost." He says with a laugh.

 No.667346

>>667339
Brimstone heads towards Buckwell Circle.

"I'm going to get food, I want meat."

 No.667347

>>667342
"Any clue which way to a food stand? Doubt the port has a directory."

>>667346
"Nice and direct, as it should be! I'll stick with you, big guy."

following behind, i eye the camera bots flashing the oncoming visitors.

"Think these bots can track crime outside the Ark? I've got a warrant for an arrest on a few of those outer stations."

 No.667349

>>667347
"As long as you're not Spurned, I think you're fine."

Brimstone says, shrugging underneath his armor.

 No.667351

>>667345
>>667347
"Hmm…let me check something," Veta says, bringing one of her arms up and tapping on a screen, trying to see if there is access to a map on the ark via some wireless network.

>>667347
"You keep saying that out loud and you won't have to worry about that feature of the bots," she says in a condescending tone.

 No.667352

>>667349
"That big of a threat, huh? And here i was looking for some notoriety, a crewless pirate ex-captain isn't very awe-inspiring, is it?"

>>667351
"Not like they can hear us in all this noise, a space-port big as this isn't one for sharp ears."

 No.667354

>>667352
"Then by all means, go ahead and shout it to the world. Not like there isn't noise cancellation or anything," Veta says sarcastically and a roll of the eyes.

 No.667355

>>667354

"Well what about you then? anything you want to get off your chest while we're hoofing it to a slop-shop?"

 No.667358

>>667355
"Oh, no. I'm just a happy bundle of hookers and sunshine with no baggage whatsoever," she says with a grumpy frown, sounding the opposite of what she was saying.

 No.667360

>>667358

"Well could we catch your name, at least? Seemed you were busy with that arm of yours during our little meet and greet."

 No.667362

>>667360
"Since I'm sure you'd be my patients at some point, I was hoping to avoid that. But if you're going to be so insistent," she gives an annoyed sigh, then a pause before saying, "my name is Veta. And yours?"

 No.667365

>>667362

"Risky Hooves, ex-captain and currently out of business trade-space privateer. Nice to meet you." i reply, nodding.

 No.667367

>>667345
You stop a local, a mean-looking bearded minotaur with the left side of his face replaced by metal implants and a prosthetic red eye. He informs you that the district is fairly close to here, a few levels up and about half an hour's drive due west.

>>667351
After some searching, you manage to find a map of Rona. It is much larger than you anticipated. You probably won't be able to reach Upper East Bierce on foot, as it is about eighty kilometers away and three levels up.

>>667342
You down some pills, with your foul mood alleviating somewhat after a while. A passing unicorn frowns disapprovingly at your habit, and one of the floating camera robots flashes you again.

>>667346
>>667358
>>667355
>>667345
You begin to look around Buckwell Circle for a place to grab some lunch. After about five minutes of wandering on foot, you find yourselves entering the food court of a shopping center.

The inside is quite pleasant, with more of the ubiquitous advertising and Empire propaganda on the walls and at stands. The main color scheme is a pleasant combination of white and sky blue, although it is broken up by some absolutely hideous plastic pot plants. The food court offers the usual junk food to be found. It mostly consists of burgers, fried chicken Chineighse food and coffee shops. As is usual at these places, there is no one to be found behind the counter. Instead, there is a touchpad with the different options which triggers a conical, spidery-looking robot to prepare and serve your meal before charging to your bank account via facial recognition.

The mall is relatively empty despite the time of day, with only about six or seven different groups at the tables. You can see visibly armed security guards on patrol, and more of the little camera robots floating about.

 No.667369

>>667367

frowning, i eye one of the nearby terminals.

"Great, not a credit to my name and an un-coercible terminal. Not my forte."

"Don't suppose anypony is buying for the group?" i ask, smiling back at the group.

 No.667370

>>667365
"I'm sure it is."

>>667367
"I have a prescription! You prejudice twits," Veta yells at the unicorns with a growl. She sighs an pulls up said prescription on her screen and shows it to the bot.
"Read it an weep. No plus one to your drug bust quota today."

With a shrug, Veta orders a burger.
"And make sure its medium."

 No.667372

>>667367
>>667369
"No."

Brimstone turns heads for the Chineighse food, opening his mask (gif related http://i.imgur.com/JSIYzpU.gif ) for facial reconstruction, selecting the cheapest and greasiest noodles on the with meat he can find on the touchpad, and grabs a pair of the recyclable aluminum chopsticks. He eats it a little less than ravenously, speaking in between breaths and bites.

"Can you all walk and eat at the same time? We should get to our employer before or job is taken by some other group of mercs."

 No.667374

>>667367
Stone Heart thanks the minotaur and wishes him a good day before following the others to get food.

When Stone Heart gets himself to the food court, he can't help himself but buy a vegetable style Chineighse meal to enjoy while conversating with the others.

>>667369
"You have no spacebux? Why would a captain be all the way out here with nothing to pay for?" Stone heart asks, offering to split his meal with Risky.

>>667370
"Prescription? Are you sick, miss… I'm sorry, I don't think you've told me your name. I am Stone Heart." He greets himself politely.

>>667372
"Ah! Speaking of our employer. I asked around and found out some directions we could use. Perhaps we could find some transportation around here after we eat?"

 No.667375

>>667374
"How far is it. I don't plan on taking a taxi service. I like my money."

 No.667377

>>667375
"About three levels up from here and a thirty minute drive due west. It would probably take too long to walk if you're worried about the job being taken."

 No.667378

>>667374
"No, I just take hydrocodone like candy for fun."

"And mine is Veta. I'll probably be doing some kind of medical work on you eventually if this is as dangerous as everyone makes it out to be."

 No.667379

>>667374
"Ex-captain, really." i reply glumly, rotating a talon out for a fork. "Comes to no surprise thieves turn on each other regularly. And, well, robbing me of my ship and credits is quite the way to end a captainship.."

sighing, i chow down on the split meal, grateful for the food.

 No.667380

>>667377
"The employer better have a ride then. There's no way i'm getting this suit in a commercial taxi-ing service."

 No.667381

>>667380
"What, a suit that expensive and no jump jets? Seems like you missed out."

"By the way, never caught your name back there, big guy. Just what is it?"

 No.667382

>>667381
"It adjusts to pressure and dragons have wings, why would this suit need jump jets? Brimstone, by the way."

 No.667383

>>667378
"You have my future thanks for all operations that require mending my body." Heart says with a smile.

>>667379
"Well… Maybe you have a second chance to earn your own fortune rather than stealing it from others. I'm sure you will find an even better ship one day." Stone Heart gives Risky a small pat on the back.

>>667380
"Then we should find something a little bigger than a taxi. I for one would not mind the walk, I enjoy seeing sights other arks have to offer."

 No.667384

>>667370
The robot acknowledges your order, its many arms springing to life as it rapidly prepares your burger. "Have a nice day," it chirps in a tinny, prerecorded voice as its arms extend from the counter to hand you it. As you take the burger, yet another bright light flashes as it scans your face. "Six florins will be charged."

The burger itself is normally nothing special, but after the stale food you had to suffer on the shuttle it tastes like heaven.

>>667372
You order yourself some beef noodles, being served in a sauce you do not recognize. For being as cheap as they were (four florins), they are surprisingly good. They are a bit too greasy for your liking, however, and it begins to dribble down your chin as you munch them down, dripping into your suit.

>>667374
>>667379
You enjoy some nice vegetable dumplings. They're rather chewy, but edible nonetheless. They cost Stone Heart five florins.

After your lunch break, you leave the mall and begin to search for a way to arrive at your destination. After some searching from Veta, you find a bus route that will take you to Upper East Bierce. Hailing one, a great bulky blue vehicle, you take the one hour trip to the district. Filing off and paying the fares (four florins each) you search around the area. It looks very clean and polished, and many of the buildings look expensive.

It doesn't take you very long to find Think Tank Manor. It is an opulent sight, if a bit ugly, sticking out like a sore thumb among the other houses. It is a recangular building three stories high, with much of the outside made of varnished mahogany. The entrance is an ornate steel gate, and beyond you can see what appears to be a real garden complete with actual grass, flowers and bushes. He could even afford to have a small fountain installed. Affixed to the gate is an intercom system, presumably to contact the owner informing him of visitors.

 No.667385

>>667384
Brimstone brings a talon to a button on the intercom,

"Four mercs here, here for the CRION job."

 No.667386

>>667384
>>667379
Stone Heart pays for his fare, along with paying for Risky Hooves seeing as she couldn't pay for her food before. "There you go my friend, I will help you out and you can return the offer by doing a good job during our mission." He says to Risky, a wide smile on his face.

>>667384
Upon reaching Think Tank Manor, Stone Heart pauses for a moment to admire the whole set up. "This is amazing, this mister Think Tank must be rich beyond imagination…" Stone Heart admires.

 No.667387

>>667384
Her eyes squint at the bright light, still never getting used to that.

>>667384
>>667386
"As expected of anyone in politics. How much of it do you think came out of my paychecks?"

 No.667388

>>667386
"Don't you worry, Stone Heart, once we get a ship space-worthy you'll see why they called me captain!" I reply, fired up after a nice meal.

 No.667389

>>667387
"I have no idea, I was never one for politics. I just dealt with the more simple things, like explosions! or collecting scrap."

>>667388
"Aha! That's the spirit!" He cheers her on to fire her up more.

 No.667390

>>667385
>>667386
>>667389
As Brimstone uses the intercom, a flickering holographic projection of Think Tank manifests from it onto the pavement in front of you. He is a thin blue unicorn in his late 40s with a bald head, glasses and a goatee. He leans in to peer at your group suspiciously, lighting up as you identify yourself. "Good, good," he says with a grin, his voice distorted somewhat by the hologram. "Let me just get that open for you."

The hologram fades, and you hear a loud, harsh mechanical buzz come from the gate. After a moment, it swings open to allow you to enter. You see the front door open, and he emerges to greet you, blinking in the artificial sunlight. "I'm so glad you were able to make it," he says cordially. "Come in, come in. I'll explain everything." He holds the door for you to enter. It's a pleasure to finally get to meet you all. You'll be perfect for the mission, I know you will. Just please, keep off the grass. It had to get it imported all the way from Trina, don't you know." He mouths silently as he counts the four of you, frowning. "I sent out eight messages, and counting you all that makes seven. Isn't Gossamer with you?"

 No.667391

>>667390
"Keep off? And I just got the sudden urge to take a leak as well," Veta says, obviously not meaning it.

"Who? I'm just meeting these ponies and dragon today."
She shrugs.
"I'm sure they'll catch up…maybe…ah, who cares?"

 No.667392

>>667390
"Does it matter? It's not like you paid us in advance.""

Brimstone says, testing a heavy metal foot on the grass when Think Tank turns around.

 No.667393

>>667390
"Greetings Mister Think Tank! It is nice to meet my employer!" He greets warmly with a raised hoof. He follows Think Tank while attempting to follow his rule about the grass.

>Attempt to avoid grass

[1d10]

"Gossamer? We did not meet anyone by that name. Do you suppose they got lost?" He asks with curiosity.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.667394

>>667391
"…Well, I'm sure he'll be along," he says somewhat worriedly. "I could certainly use someone like him on this mission."

>>667392
If you still had your legs, you would be able to feel the dirt and grass shifting up between your toes. Alas, you are a cripple.

>>667393
You try to keep on the stone path provided, but trip on a loose slab and crash headfirst into a bed of blooming hydrangeas. You are caked in dirt and flower petals, your worn armor dented from the impact. The noise of your fall echoes through the district.

Seeing your mishap, Think Tank rushes over with a cry of dismay, glasses askew. "No! My hydrangeas! What… What have you done?" He just stares at the ruined garden in disbelief as you pick yourself up. "Right," he snaps after a moment, glaring at you as if you were a misbehaving schoolboy. "If you're going to step into my house, then I must insist you leave your armor outside. This is not a war zone."

>>667392
"The same applies to you," he says firmly. "I understand your condition," he says, looking at your prosthetic legs and mercifully not noticing the dirt on them, "but from what I know of you there is no need for all that armor. Take it off before coming in."

>>667391
"And you too," he adds less sternly. "If you have anything that might cause chaos inside, then leave it here. You can reclaim it once we leave."

 No.667395

>>667394
Stone Heart lifts himself up from the flower bed, shaking the dirt off as his armor clanks around. Once he fully stands up and scans the damage, he frowns and nods. "I apologize, Think Tank. I will be more careful." He says, agreeing to leave out of his armor as Think Tank wishes. He does his best to shake the rest of the dirt off his body once he steps out, but doesn't bother to brush his hair off. "I still do not see why flowers are something to cry about…" He mumbles to himself.

 No.667396

>>667394
"If medical equipment falls under your category, then still sadly, they're stuck on. Hence these babies," she says, shaking the bottle hydrocodone unabashed, "can't really sign any soul-selling paperwork without them."

 No.667397

File: 1466228774528.jpg (211.33 KB, 503x733, Artificial-Limbs-by-Scott-….jpg)

>>667394
Brimstone pangs for that feeling of grass, releasing a sigh before heading to the front of the house, standing facing away from the building. The suit of armor opens up from the front much like his mask did, sans most of the suit's legs (think http://i.makeagif.com/media/6-16-2015/erMfBv.gif but in reverse). He pulls his carbon-fiber legs from inside it's metallic shells, wobbling slightly before regaining balance.

>Pic related, bulkier and on both legs.

 No.667398

>>667395
>>667397
You leave your armor standing outside like some sort of sentinel as you enter the house.

>>667396
He nods in understanding. "Very well then. Come on, I'll introduce you to the rest of the group.

>>667395
>>667396
>>667397
Think Tank's house is as fancy outside as it is inside. Much of it is made of real wood, although some of it is drywall as well. There are many decorations to be seen, most of them from exotic cultures. You can also see a photograph of Think Tank's family: him, a small filly and a mare. Everyone is smiling. The kitchen lies just beyond and there is an upstairs area, but you don't get much time to have a good look around before Think Tank motions for you to follow him down a flight of stairs into his basement. You can hear muffled death metal coming from upstairs. Think Tank frowns at this as he thumps on the wall.

"Daisy!"

"What?" a female voice responds.

"Could you turn it down a bit, dear? The guests have arrived."

There is no response, but you hear his request granted. He just smiles at you and shrugs, quickly ushering you down the stairs.

>pausing

 No.668363

After unnecessary delay, it's time for the second session of NWR. Post sheets.

 No.668364


 No.668365

File: 1467772437662.webm (1.73 MB, 641x428, paint.webm)


 No.668366

File: 1467772460753.gif (618.81 KB, 376x282, Doctor Cox.gif)


 No.668367

File: 1467772580782.jpg (56.39 KB, 650x879, _1773683.jpg)

>>667398
http://pastebin.com/mDTBaFmX

>Talent revised with GM.

 No.668368

>>668364
>>668365
>>668366
>>668367
Previously on NWR, the gang arrived on the Ark of Rona as complete strangers, travelling with the common goal of answering their would-be employer Think Tank's call for crewmen to travel to the planet of Crion-338. After a quick stop for lunch and a mishap involving Think Tank's hydrangeas, the party are now following Think Tank through his expensive if somewhat garish house so he can further explain the proposition.

"Please, follow me," Think Tank says with a friendly smile as he leads you down a flight of stairs. "You should meet the rest of your fellow crewmen." As you descend, you find yourselves in a very large garage or workshop. In comparison to the rest of Think Tank's house, the workshop is considerably less extravagant. There are littered pieces of scrap metal all over the dirty concrete floor, and rickety shelves full of worker's tools in a variety of shapes and sizes, some of which even Risky and Stoneheart don't recognize. Some of the shelves also have flower pots on them, although they look rather poorly compared to the garden outside. At the back you can see a dusty canvas covering a hovercraft.

There are some rather tacky looking couches set up, facing a state-of-the-art holographic projector. It is currently showing a flickering green model of what you recognize as Crion. There are also some tables set up with refreshments such as water and biscuits, the latter of which are dwindling. Next to it is a bizarre looking contraption consisting mainly of a glowing blue chamber large enough to hold the average pony, with braces for binding a subject in place. A fancy looking monitor is attached to the side.

On the aforementioned couches are four others, none of whom are familiar to you:

One is a lanky looking griffon in a black vest, with pale yellow feathers and heavy-lidded orange eyes. His feathers darken around the beak giving the impression of an unkempt beard. He is sitting next to a surly-looking Diamond Dog with a pitch black coat and patches of rusted orange. He wears a yellow jacket.

Standing off to the side is a green unicorn with purplish-red eyes. She has a wavy salt and pepper mane, and her lined face denotes her middle age. She wears a shapeless brown hat, which she promptly doffs as Think Tank enters.

At the back is a sky blue pegasus, standing out among the group in his sharp business suit and tie. He has a black mane in a neat haircut and navy blue eyes. He looks quite young, easily the youngest in the room, and maybe a bit sly as well.

"Here we go!" Think Tank says cheerily as he strolls into the room with all of you in tow. "That should be everyone for the mission. Everyone, these will be your companions on the mission, should you choose to accept it. These are Risky, Brimstone, Rita, and Stone Heart," he informs the other four. "Meet Gunther, Lem, Blank Card, and Glitter Freeze." He gestures at the griffon, Diamond Dog, unicorn and pegasus in turn.

1/2

 No.668369

>>668368
"Now, before I begin I just want to apologize for hosting this in such an… uncomfortable place," he says awkwardly. "I wanted to rent out a hotel room, but there wasn't the time really. I know it's a bit… irregular, but I suppose life is irregular, isn't it?" He grins sheepishly.

No one in the room cracks a smile.

"…Anyway, let's get to it." He pulls out a small silver remote and pushes some buttons on it, zooming in on one of the landmasses on Crion. "As you all know, this will be your destination. I certainly don't intend on you being the first ones in galactic history to set hoof on Crion - there's a government-sponsored mission en route there right now - but, if all goes well, you will be the first ones to set foot here." The zoomed in section of the globe appears to be the southernmost extremity. It is a large expanse of ice, rock and snow. "I- We- believe that this is one of the most likely areas of Crion to contain samples of life, should it exist down there. Even something as insignificant as microscopic bacteria would be a monumental discovery."

"Of course, you might be wondering why I asked all of you to do this. With the recent rise of the Spurned, travel is becoming more and more dangerous. We need more than mere scientists for a mission such as this. There is another matter which will require your attention. On the ship that you will be travelling on - the Promise - there is a data packet that must be delivered to some peers of mine. I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to tell you the true contents of that data packet, but as my trusted colleague Glitter Freeze knows well, it is paramount to the success of this mission." Glitter nods gravely in assent. "You must reach my other associates on the Ark known as Hosp," Think Tank continues, "so that they may have access to this packet and travel with you on the last stretch of the mission. If that packet were to fall into enemy hands, the ramifications would be dire."

"So, in summary, your mission - should you choose to accept it - will be to travel to the ark of Hosp, protect this data packet and deliver it to my colleagues, then see that they reach Crion safely. From there, you may either return home or assist with the project as it continues. Are there any questions?"

2/2

 No.668370

>>668369

"So.. we keep an eye on this packet of yours and everything goes smoothly?"

"Easy work for easy pay, ha! Just give us the word when we're off and i'll keep that little bauble safe, count on it!"

 No.668371

>>668368
>>668369
Upon entering, Veta goes over to the water and pours herself a cup, taking idle sips as Think Tank ramble on and on. By the time he's done talking, she's already poured herself a second cup.

"Soo…that's it? Just run a little delivery pup errand, then play bodyguard?"
She opens her mouth, pops some of her pills into her mouth, and tosses the water in; swallowing it all in one, big gulp.
"Sounds a little too easy to be true…but what the hell? I'm sorta on paid vacation, might as well make the most of it."

 No.668372

>>668368
Stone heart raises a hoof to the new four crew members. "Hello!" He greets warmly.

>>668369
"Ahh… A mission to seek life then. This sounds like a good cause, I shall be by your side and protect you from all dangers the universe throws at us!" He boasts.

"Well… except for black holes. Those cannot be solved with hammer."

 No.668373

>>668369
"You wouldn't have hired a bunch of mercs like this if it was just Spurned, you can get some generic private military goons."

Brimstone says, running a claw along a table, testing his feeling without the suit on,

"My guess is you've got another detractor, someone else who wants the data. Also, you may be in the middle of a mid-life crisis."

 No.668374

>>668373
"What makes you say that? He seems fine, if a little cluttered."

 No.668375

>>668374
"He cares too much for his lawn."

 No.668376

>>668374
"He hired me," she says flatly, "I think that alone warrants some examination of his mental processes."

 No.668377

>>668374
>>668375
"Really? Those plants might be a sign of mid-life crisis." He whispers, nudging Risky all friendly like.

 No.668378

>>668370
>>668371
"Well, Hosp is on the other side of the galaxy from here, so it won't be a quick there and back again," he explains. "Not to mention you'll be some of the first ones in the history of the universe to set hoof on this planet. Isn't that recompense enough?" "…Rest assured though, you'll be handsomely rewarded for your work," he adds hurriedly, seeing the stink eye he's getting from some of the other crew. He pauses, assumedly for dramatic effect. "120 thousand florins. Each. And double that if you stay to work on Crion." Blank Card gasps, and Gunther and Lem whisper to each other excitedly.

>>668372
"Hm? Oh, no, I won't be going with you, unfortunately. I have a daughter to take care of. I'll be in touch though, you can contact me any time through the Promise's interface."

>>668373
"If I wanted private military I would have contacted them already," he answers, noticeably avoiding your conjecture. "I wanted people with very specific skills and gear at their disposal to do this. From what I understand you're a very capable fighter, and your experience with mining will doubtless prove useful should you choose to stay on Crion."

"Anyone else?"

"Yeah," Gunther speaks up. "Where'd you get the money for all this? Meaning no offense, boss, but 120 thousand seems a bit out of your league."

"Oh, I know a few people," he says vaguely, waving the question off. "Rest assured, you'll get your pay if you do your part." Gunther doesn't look satisfied by the answer, but stays silent.

"So the Promise," Blank Card asks. "Where is it and how do we get there?"

"It's at the hangar a few hours from here," he answers. "Docking Bay 17. Of course, that's irrelevant because of this." He points out the strange contraption with the blue chamber. "This is a teleporter of my own design. I've set up the receiver at the docking bay already, so all you need to do is just step in and let me transport you across. It'll save you the trip there yourself."

"And you're sure it's going to work this time?" Glitter butts in. "I remember very well what happened the last time you tested it out. Still gives me the willies."

"No, this is entirely different, Glitter," he says reassuringly. "The machine is perfectly functional."

"So when should we leave?" Blank Card asks.

"Why, whenever you're all ready! It can be now if you want."

"Are there any other questions? It'd be best if the mission got underway as quickly as possible."

 No.668379

>>668378
"I'm ready to go! Faster we can get to open space the better. Been looking forward to the chance of a voyage since my last vessel was, lets say, borrowed without consent.

 No.668380

>>668378
Brimstone doesn't add anything to the conversation, ready to get back in his suit.

 No.668381

>>668378
"Allow me to go retrieve my suit. This can transport it, yes?" Stone asks Think Tank.

>Ready to go

 No.668382

>>668378
Veta checks her stash of pills, gives a half-hearted nod, and closes the arm compartment back up.
"As long as there are pharmacies out there along the way, I should be fine. If not, I'm running to one on this hulk and getting me…maybe five bottles for the road."
She pauses and thinks.
"Maybe six. Seven would just be ridiculous."

>assume she goes through if there are places along the way, or assume she takes some time to grab said six bottles before heading to the hanger

 No.668383

>>668381
"Yes, of course. It shouldn't be a problem. Just please, be careful when bringing it in."

>>668379
>>668380
>>668381
>>668382
"Excellent!" Think Tank says, seeing as the rest of the crew don't have anything to add either. "Let me just start up the teleporter and you can be on your way. Oh, this is so exciting. I envy you, I really do." He shuffles over to the machine and interacts with a panel. The chamber begins to hum idly. "It'll take a while to warm up, so in the meantime, you should prepare yourselves."

>>668382
There is a pharmacy about 5 minutes walk from your current location. The cost of your medication costs you 43 florins. Think Tank welcomes you back eagerly. "So, if we're all ready to go, who'll volunteer to go first?" Gunther does so, stepping into the chamber warily. As Think Tank closes the machine on him, it begins to whirr loudly. With the press of a few buttons, he vanishes with a loud crackling sound and a puff of sparks. The rest of the crew follow in tow, with Glitter Freeze going last.

The sensation of being teleported by the machine feels like getting struck by lightning. As you stumble out, your head spins, and your hairs, should you have them, stand on end. As you try to recover, you find yourselves standing in what you assume is the Promise itself. The teleportation chamber behind you has been powered down, and is presumably a one way trip. The inside is a series of tubular halls with bright green lights at regular intervals. The room you are currently in appears to be the cargo hold, judging from the empty crates all around.

From what you can only assume is the cockpit, you can hear Think Tank's voice crackling out of a speaker. He appears to be talking to one of the other crew members.

"Is everyone on board now? Everyone still have their remaining limbs?"

A brief pause as you assume he gets a response.

"Good, good. Well, stay in touch, and keep me updated. And good luck on your mission!"

>>668379
>>668380
>>668381
>>668382
You are now free to explore the interior of the Promise or interact with the crew in order to get to know them better.

>>668379
A series of faint beeps and clicks informs you that someone is beginning to prepare the ship for departure. Perhaps you could help with that.

>>668381
As you get your bearings, you see Blank Card pass carrying a bunch of miscellaneous tools into the cargo hold. She looks your suits of armor up and down for a moment, seemingly interested in it.

>>668380
>>668382
As you look around the cargo hold, you notice a few crates are branded with a symbol you don't recognize. It is in the shape of a water drop with an eye inside. You have seen it before but do not know what it means.

 No.668384

>>668383
Brimstone tries to recall more information on the crate's symbols, relying on his helmet (backed up with a outdated database from 14 years ago) for things he may not know.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.668385

>>668383
"Ah! Miss Blank Card, do you need help carrying anything to the cargo hold?" He asks, approaching her so that she could get a closer look at the armor.

 No.668386

>>668383
recovering from the teleport, i make my way through the winding halls to what i hope is the control room.

"Let's see if I've remembered how to start one of these vessels.."

 No.668387

>>668383
"43 for medication…I can get this stuff as the hospital for free," Veta complains out loud to noone in particular. Just to whoever will listen.

>>668383
>>668384
Walking past some of the crates, she meets back up with Brimstone.
"Good crate, right?" she says, patting one, "sturdy, secure…probably holds lots of things."
She eyes the symbol.
"Hello…what do you belong to?"
With what wi-fi/future internet service she still has at the moment, she takes a picture with her arm and tries to look up information about it.

[1d10]

"So what's your take on all this," she asks Brimstone, not looking at him, however, "bunch of random, I'll assume some of you, whackjobs all pulled together like some whacko conglomerate."

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.668388

>>668387
"Well if he wanted expendables, he'd go with the PMC like I said. In my opinion he's dealing with some group that can pay higher than him for his shit, so he had to pick random mercs with no ties instead."

Brimstone shrugs,

"As long as I'm payed and I don't die, though, I probably couldn't give a damn."

 No.668389

>>668388
She gives him a few pats on the back with a sagely nod.
"Good attitude. The damn market is over-saturated as it is."

 No.668390

>>668384
>>668387
Neither of you can remember anything about it, and space Google doesn't really help you in this case.

Lem walks by in the background, carrying some clothes to what are assumedly the dormitories. "This whole thing is fishy if you ask me," he butts in as he hears your conversation. "How did he ever get the money to hire all of us? 240 grand is a lot of money, and he doesn't seem the rich type. My guess is he's in some crime lord's pocket, which probably means we're going to have to deal with a lot more than we bargained for. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a really bad feeling about all of this."

>>668385
"Hm? No, I'm fine, thaks. This is all I have to carry anyway." She puts down all of the tools she's carrying, except for a wrench. She looks around the area, sizing up your armor again. "You're a junker, aren't you?" she says suddenly. "That's definitely not factory made. Good craftsmanship though. Did you make it yourself?"

>>668386
You find Gunther in the copilot's seat already, prepping the engines for liftoff. The control panel of the ship is wide enough for two ponies to sit at, covered in buttons, levers and flashing lights. Looking through the panelled cockpit, you can see the docking bay outside, a featureless concrete place with several doors and storage areas. The ubiquitous crates are littered everywhere, some being shunted about by squat little robots with treads for legs.

Gunther nods at you in greeting. "I don't suppose you know how to fly one of these things?" I figure Think Tank must've hired someone that knows how to pilot at least." You see two ponies enter the docking bay, neither of which are familiar to you. They are communicating with someone else through an earpiece as they look up at the two of you. Gunther stares back worriedly. "I thought this was meant to be a private expedition. Who are these jokers now?"

 No.668391

>>668390
"I didn't sign any contract with him, so I wouldn't know. I automatically assume whenever the briefing is this vague that something's up. Just keep your eyes open and your safety off."

Brimstone says to Lem, happy to be underneath his helmet piece again so he can start mapping out the ship's layout in his suit's internal storage while speaking.

"What's your story?"

 No.668392

>>668390
"Nevermind 240 thousand," Veta says, bringing her arm up to back out of space Google and into the calculator app.
"There are eight of us," she begins to say, tapping in numbers, "and all of us being paid at 120 thousand each. Which all totals up to nine-hundred sixty thousand. And that's not factoring in this bonus he mentioned."

"And yeah, this stinks almost as bad as the elderly ward on Taco Tuesday. Or…it might just be indigestion. Guess we'll just have to see what happens, won't we?"

 No.668393

>>668390
"Thank you. I did collect the parts, but it was a close friend of mine who put it all together." He explains, the big smile on his face shows he's still proud of the suit. "Are you familiar with junker technology?" He asks, curious at how widely known junkers are to other arks.

 No.668394

>>668391
"That's what bugs me as well. No contract or anything, we just have this guy's word on it all. I don't buy into his act for one minute."

"I've been doing mercenary work for a long time now," he answers. "Fought the Spurned more than once. It was Gunther that got me into the job really, I owe him a lot. Been friends for years and years now."

He sizes you up. "And you? Where'd you come from?"

>>668392
"I guess we will. I just hope it doesn't mean any more trouble for us."

>>668393
"You could say that," she replies, taking a seat on one of the crates. "I did a bit of junking back in the day, but I'm past that now. I still have the knack though. I'd wager I could even make your armor better if I had the right materials. Here's hoping we find something on the trip."

>impromptu pause

 No.668782

Post sheets.

 No.668783

File: 1468203047901.gif (4.66 MB, 340x192, Cripple Dance.gif)


 No.668784

File: 1468203137406.webm (1.02 MB, 320x240, fuckingbedtime.webm)


 No.668785

File: 1468203147559.png (12.22 KB, 600x600, pixel.png)


 No.668786


 No.668787

>>668786
You are in the cockpit of the Promise alongside your fellow crewman Gunther, who is preparing the ship for takeoff. As you look around, you can see the rest of the docking bay, a featureless gray building with several squat, cubical little robots shifting crates about. As you look on, two ponies with earpieces walk in and start looking up at the ship, making eye contact with you briefly.
Gunther frowns in concern as he sees them. "Isn't this meant to be private?" he says. "What are these two doing here? Maybe they're meant to be part of the crew…"
There is a microphone for communicating with people outside the ship that you could use, although ignoring them is also an option.

>>668783
>>668784
>>668785
You are still in the cargo hold alongside the mysterious crates. Lem leaves quickly, mumbling an incoherent excuse under his breath.
"So tell me," says Blank Card as she examines a nearby workbench, "whatsort of skills do you lot have? I mean, everyone's good at something, right? I doubt Think Tank would have gone out of his way to hire you if you didn't."

 No.668788

>>668787
"Taking pills and otherwise being great company," Veta replies to Blank, adding quite a heavy helping of sarcasm on that last bit.
"A real ponies' dog."
Once again: sarcasm.

"Alright, your turn. This is how these little powwow things go, right? I say something, you say something, then I walk away as you don't shut up…right?"

 No.668789

>>668787
"My suit comes equip with Flamethrower and Pile Bunker. Oh! Also a little gun that super heats scrap to become rivets. Is good for ship repairs AND battle!" Stone exclaims, showering off the list of features his suit came with.

"I am also a trained engineer as well, I know my way around machinery." He adds.

 No.668790

>>668788
"I'm probably the definition of a hired gun. This suit is experimental weaponry, first and last of it's type. Thus, I'm pretty sure they slapped as many weapons on it as possible. The doctors at the now defunct Wyvern Scientific even gave me a bit of non-amputation related surgery, allowing ports for the suit to hit tap into my spinal cord."

Brimstone says, the details clearly repeated many times before,

"The Adrenaline Injectors make me a hard foe to knock down, as well as an expensive piece to maintain. I just barely make a profit doing mercenary work, since most my money goes to keeping this suit working. Them's the work though."

He pauses, looking to Stone Heart,

"I'm no engineer though, I couldn't tell you half the things about my armor, nor how a ship works. If anything 'Tank would have wanted background in industrial work: I know my building and terraforming equipment quite well, since it was my profession before the accident."

 No.668791

>>668790
>hit tap
wut
*suit to directly insert into my spinal cord

 No.668792

>>668790
"Construction worker fighting along side with an engineer? Hah! It's as if we were from one of those comic books my friend goes on about!" Stone chortles.

 No.668793

>>668787
"Probably found the wrong hanger, or something."

taking a seat at the console and swiveling to the mic controls, i grumble and tap the open comms button with a talon.

"Hey you two! Wrong hanger, this place is reserved already."

 No.668794

>>668790
"So you get all this fancy stuff, even with direct neural interface to the spinal chord, and all I got was a bunch of immature idiots of surgeons who wouldn't know a scalpel from forceps?"
Veta gives an annoyed huff.
"Please tell me you keep in contact with someone from there. I think I'm entitled to a mulligan on these bad boys," she says, one robotic claw pointing at the other.

 No.668795

>>668794
"Please, if I had a contact I probably wouldn't need this suit to make a living any more. Wyvern Scientific was wiped off the face of existence after Morning Star acquired them. Wyvern wanted to innovate for more than just quadrupeds, giving bipeds a chance. Bipeds miss out on a lot of tech. Morning Star is pony-based, pony-ran. They wiped the project out, and anything like it to make quadruped suits instead."

Brimstone sighs,

"There's more money in quadrupeds, they represent a majority and a larger buying power."

>>668792
"Never touched a comic book before, but I had a coworker who was obsessed with the stuff. What's the appeal?"

 No.668796

>>668795
"Seriously? Well crap, good thing I didn't get my hopes high enough to make the fur on my neck stand up."

"Guess that just means I get to keep my prescription going."
On that note, she takes a pill and swallowing it without food or water.
"Silver linings, right?"

 No.668797

>>668795
"I do not know myself, but I think sparks enjoys how the heroes stories are told. Don't ask same question around him, he would talk your ear off." Stone says with a chuckle.

 No.668798

>>668796
"Silver linings I suppose. Drakes like a dragon in armor."

he muses.

 No.668799

>>668788
"I'm sure we'll be fast friends," she replies calmly, although it's difficult to tell if she's being sarcastic right back at you with how deadpan she seems to be all the time. "We have a long journey ahead of us, so we'll have to be on good terms at least."

"As for myself, I'm good with all sorts of machinery, so I suppose I'll be the mechanic on board if Stone Heart here wants to share the duties. There, was that so painful?"

>>668789
"Well, we have that in common then," she says with a smile. "I'm not much of a fighter, but I know my way around a ship's engine better than most I wager. And like I said, if we find any junk out there I'm sure I can give that suit of yours a once-over. Or twice-over, even."

>>668790
"Well that's good. I don't doubt we'll be running into trouble at some point. We'll need someone like you to keep our enemies at bay."

>>668794
"If you want, I'm sure I could tweak them to be more effective," she pipes up. "Like I said, I'm good with that sort of thing. All I'll ask is that I get kept alive."

>>668793
There is an uncomfortable moment where the duo make eye contact with you. They watch you for a moment before turning tail and leaving.
"Well, I guess that's that then," Gunther says with a shrug. "Nothing to worry about. Now, is everything set for takeoff? It's all on you now. …Er, no pressure."
>roll Perception

 No.668800

>>668799
"Yeah yeah, don't worry about it! With me at the helm this ship will practically fly itself."

"Manual? Who needs those? Not when I'm here!"

using my mechanical talons and magic, the dash lights up with data as i plug away blindly!
[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.668801

>>668799
Veta lets this information sink in, and frowns a bit.
"I just gotta ask: is every pony and their mother's some kind of mechanic? Like seriously? How is it you all have jobs in this otherwise over saturated technical field? It'd be mind boggling if I cared just a bit more."

"Extremely," she simply replies back, "not as painful as that terrible job on my arms, but it was still flinch worthy."

>>668799
"The problem is not the arms themselves. In fact, they're actually pretty damn good, and I'd rather not risk losing all my saved game content. Its the neural interface between my nerves and the mechanical bits that are the problem."

"That said, keeping you alive should be simple enough as long as you don't do anything stupid on my watch. Hopefully you like needles, because I will demand extra if I have to restrain everyone on this ship just because you don't like getting little pricks."

 No.668802

>>668799
"Well since I can't do any of my jobs at the moment, I'm stuck here talking. You're an engineer, and I heard Lem's reasoning. Why are you taking the job?"

Brimstone says to Blank Card, his helmet's reflectant surface making her own face appear in the visor when he turned to face him.

 No.668803

>>668802
he turned to face her*

 No.668804

>>668799
"Thank you, I will do my best to use everything to do our job, unharmed." Stone salutes.

"I am honestly more excited to see the other Arks out there. Rona and Machina are the only Arks I have been on before." Stone says with a wide smile.

 No.668805

>>668801
"Well, it's an important skill to to have if you're going to be doing freelance work," she shrugs. "I'm surprised you don't seem to know any of it yourself."

"Suit yourself," she says in response to your arms. "The offer's still open though, just let me know if you want me to have a look-see."

>>668802
"Well, how often does an opportunity like this one come around?" she answers. "There's a new planet to be explored. It's a second chance for the whole Empire to start anew. I originally applied for the Empire-sponsored voyage to be among the first to land on Crion, but since that's out of the question now I guess I have to go with second best." She smiles and shrugs.

>>668804
"Well, we'll have to stop for supplies at some point. Rest assured, friend, you're definitely going on an adventure." She grins.

>>668800
"That's the spirit!" Gunther says with a grin. "Keep that up and this mission should be a breeze."

You get to work prepping the ship, pulling levers and pressing buttons in sync with your griffon copilot. The engines begin to hum under your hooves, making the Promise shake a little as they come to life. The FTL drive seems to be working, and overall everything is in order for liftoff. You can't help but feel like you're forgetting something, though.

Suddenly, you see the two ponies from before come back. They've brought company. At least six rough-looking mercenaries are spilling into the area, armed with guns and heavy armor. One in particular stands out, a large black-bearded minotaur with half of his face replaced by cybernetic implants. He bellows an order, and the seven of them begin to head towards your ship, moving towards the ship's loading ramp. You're being boarded. Gunther curses. "Hurry!" he urges you. "Take off before they can get to us!"
>roll to retract the loading ramp and begin liftoff

>>668801
>>668802
>>668804
"Looks like we're about to leave," Blank Card says with a satisfied grin as she hops off the crate she's sitting on. "Say, I was going to ask, do any of y-"
Suddenly you hear hoofsteps, a lot of them. They seem to be coming from the hallway, and are getting louder by the moment. Lem walks by again, his ears pricking up as he hears the sound, reaching for his pistol. "I don't like this…"

 No.668806

>>668805
Brimstone stands near the front of the hallway, not needing to load any weaponry,

"I'll try to stop whoever it is in their tracks."

he says, standing stalwart.

 No.668807

>>668805
"Frag! we've got company already?!"

slamming into the main console board, i try and pull up the ramp and force a cold launch.
[1d10] Punch it!

Hitting the comms, i radio to the crew.

"Heads up, we've got Mercs inbound! Prepare to repel boarders!"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.668808

>>668805
"I will go check, if it is intruders then this will give me a chance to show you what I can do." Stone says with confidence in his voice, making his way out to inspect the hallway. His suit begins to heat up, the back of his suit holding a furnace to fuel his rivet gun and ignite his flamethrower.

 No.668809

>>668805
"I have my own ways of getting work, evident with me being here."

>>668805
In response to everyone getting on guard, Veta looks at everyone a bit annoyed.
"So you're just going to stand there and let whoever it is just walk right in? Seriously?"
With that, she picks up one of the crates and wedges it right in the nearest doorway to keep it nice and obstructed.
"Preventative measures doesn't just apply to medicine, you know."

 No.668810

>>668809
Brimstone blinks, and then turns his head,

"Aren't we supposed to protect this cargo? Not put it in front of invaders?"

 No.668811

>>668810
"I think our safety comes first over a bunch of storage containers. Can't really guard something if you're too dead to do so."

 No.668812

>>668809
You begin to make a makeshift barricade out of the nearby crates. They're surprisingly heavy, but you get by all the same. "Congratulations," Blank Card says. "Now you're stuck with me and you have to listen to me yammer on."

>>668807
You have a feeling the ship hasn't flown in some time. The loading ramp jams as you try to take off, the ship shuddering and stuttering under your hooves as it rises into the air painfully slowly. Gunther works on trying to stabilize the ship as fast as he can. "We need to get that ramp closed," he presses you. "Otherwise if they have wings they could still come on board."
>roll again

>>668806
>>668808
You stand in the hallway alongside Lem next to the loading ramp, ready to fight whatever comes up. As Risky's warning sounds on the PA system, you see them. Half a dozen mercenaries storm up the ramp and onto the ship, including a familiar face to Stone Heart in the form of the minotaur he asked for directions earlier that day. "Find that packet!" he shouts to them as they run up. "Leave no survivors!"

Two of them split off from the main group and head towards the starboard dormitories, while the remaining four face off against you.

One of them pulls out a large knife, lunging at Lem. The latter tries to shoot his attacker, but his aim is thrown off as he fires, hitting the wall instead. The gunshot is piercingly loud, echoing through the corridor.

Two of the mercs pull out similar weapons and swing at Brimstone.
[1d10]
[1d10]

The mercenary leader readies an electrified baton, swinging at Stone Heart with both hands.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 3 = 3 / Roll #3 5 + 2 = 7

 No.668813

>>668812
"Oh fuck off, knives? I'll show you weaponry."

Brimstone says, holding out both hands and spraying an highly acidic chemical mixture at the intruders, the acrid smell of it quickly filling the room.

[1d10]
>Acid Spray: recharge 4, spell; Deal damage to all enemies. You may use this spell while it is still recharging. If you do, decrease the damage dealt by remaining recharge to a minimum of one, and the recharge resets. For example, with a remaining recharge of 2 and a roll of 9 would equal 2 damage (4 - 2 = 2).

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.668814

File: 1468213681328.gif (837.37 KB, 496x208, 5NsKG.gif)


 No.668815

>>668812
"Come, face me!" Stone taunts to the leader, the Pile Bunker readying as the leader comes closer.

>Earthen Strike: recharge 1, spell; A melee attack against a single enemy using an earth-covered limb. Crits on 8+ and crit fails on 3-

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.668816

>>668812
"Come on, work with me here!" I plead with the ship as my talons fly across the panels.
[1d10] pull up!

"Gunther, we got any internal defenses? Looks like those mercs are aboard."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.668817

>>668812
"I'd rather have you talk my ear off than me be murdered before this little milk run of a job even started."
She replies, shifting her arms into Siphonaptera Mode and all the medical equipment and needles make themselves present.

"Now help me find something useful around here we could maybe use," Veta says as she quickly examines the room for something to help from afar. A solid object. Some kind of environmental thing to exploit that won't harm the ship. Some exploit in these merc's armor/weapons to call out. Even examining the contents of any crates she can get open.

>Let's see if there's anything we can MacGyver here

>Survival: +3 to spot checks
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 2 + 3 = 5

 No.668818

>>668813
You spray them both in the face before they can attack, the acid eating away at their flesh almost instantly. They scream in agony and tumble down the loading ramp as the ship begins to take off.

>>668815
He deals a solid blow to you, the electricity in his weapon giving you a good jolt. You counter with a lunge from your Pile Bunker, leaving a large dent in his black alloy armor.
>Stone Heart takes 2 hits

>>668816
"It doesn't look like it," he replies hurriedly as he scans a 3D model of the ship. "There's turrets on the outside, but it doesn't look like there's anything we can use…"
You manage to pull the ramp back up just in time as two pegasi are zooming towards it. The ship begins to take off, heading up and out of the hangar. It doesn't seem like there's any ships in pursuit, luckily.

>>668817
You find that the crates contain mostly food supplies, but some are filled with glass vials, beakers, wire gauze and other such equipment that would be more in place in a chemistry lab. You could throw some of the tools lying around as weapons, but the effectiveness of this would vary.

Lem punches his attacker in the face, only to get stabbed in the shoulder. He cries out in pain and falls to the floor, and the mercenary starts heading towards the cockpit.

The leader swings at Stoneheart again.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.668819

After being jolted with electricity, Stone Heart brings his rivet gun up to fire a molten bolt through the leader's armor.

>Marksman Shot: Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.668820

>>668813
>>668818
Apart from defeating your two attackers instantly, the one attacking Lem cops some on his left arm during his fight, weakening him significantly. Lem takes this opportunity to nod at you gratefully, but his distraction leads to him getting stabbed. The minotaur leader is splashed on the chest, eating through his armor and revealing a weak point.

 No.668821

>>668818
"Hold her steady, I've got to check the others."

Throwing off my cloak in a dramatic fashion, revealing my dark red pirate's getup underneath, I break my shotgun's chamber, slotting fresh rounds in as I leave the cockpit, talon clicking on the metal flooring.

 No.668822

>>668818
Thinking fast, and with reckless abandon akin to a stereotypical jock frat boy, Veta grabs a bunch of the glass vials, loads it up into one of her detachable syringes, and throws it like a dart at the exposed weakspot of the minotaur's chest. Even if they were medical drugs, she was fairly certain there was enough for either an overdose, or some kind of lethal effect due to how horrid multiple-drug interaction can get sometimes.

>'dart throwing' a syringe full of damn near every chemical at the leader

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.668823

>>668818
>>668819
Seeing Stone Heart fire molten metal at the leader, Brimstone quickly seizes the opportunity to the fullest.

"I'm not going to get this chance often, so I'm going to have to ask you to Chill out, merc."

His helmet's lower armor piece slides down, revealing two barrels and a row of metal spikes sharpened to look like teeth. After a short bit of humming (you know that science-fiction charging sound), a cone of sprayed liquid Nitrogen pours force, spraying the leader with freezing liquid (and hopefully hardening the molten metal in his chest).

> Dragon Breath: Recharge 2; targets an enemy in front of you with dragonflame. At creation your breath is given an elemental effect of your choice (ICE). A dragon can use his breath to magically send messages as long as there is a previous magical link set up between sender and receiver. (without this option a dragon can only produce a small jet that does no damage whatsoever and is mostly useless outside of combat). You can target multiple enemies as with Cleave without increased Crit Fail range, but the Recharge is increased by 1 for every additional target, maximum 10 targets.

> Ice: A target hit by ice grants an increased crit range for the next turn (10 becomes 9+, etc); this ice effect does not stack. Ice spells can be used to chill and freeze objects and the environment.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.668824

File: 1468216770493.gif (381.21 KB, 685x402, 20131009232533541.gif)

>>668823
i really should link images with actions

 No.668825

>>668819
With a snarl, he bashes you upside the head, stunning you for a moment. Instinctively, you fire into his melted armor, piercing through his gut. With a grunt of pain, he stumbles backwards, his grip on his weapon tightening in desperation.


>>668822
Your shot regrettably misses, shattering on the wall behind him.

You see Lem clutching his bleeding shoulder. He struggles to get up, lurching towards the cargo hold in a daze.

>>668823
You freeze the metal spike in his gut solid. The minotaur stumbles about before dropping his weapon, toppling out of the cargo hold just before it closes.

>>668821
Gunther nods and shifts into your seat as you get up. Facing you is an injured but still dangerous looking mercenary pony. He is holding a knife, but he promptly drops it as he sees you pointing the shotgun at him. "Alright, you win," he sighs, raising his hooves in surrender.

The other two mercenaries return, immediately opening fire on Brimstone.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.668827

>>668825
Grabbing the discarded knife with my talon, I throw it behind me and train my barrel at the mercenary.
"You know it. Now talk! Who sent you, and what's so important to find that you'd send a dozen collectors just to raid some old spacer's ship?"

 No.668828

>>668825

"You've lost your commander and troops and we're basically untouched. If you're hired mercs, I think abandonment of one paycheck is better than the fate of your friends."

he says,

"I've got more than just that, surrender and we'll keep you prisoner till you're out of space. You're free after that."

 No.668829

>>668825
"I will do what I can to protect those on board, you should know the consequences if you intend to kill!" Stone bellows out, bringing up his large maul to slam down on the leader.

>Earthen Strike: Autocrits on 8 or critfail on 3

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.668830

>>668825
Seeing the fight being handled by the others, and also seeing Lem hobbling over, Veta quickly gets the crate out of the way and grabs the injured diamond dog.
"Okay, you're done for now," she says and drags him into safe cover.

She briefly assesses his wound, tears off a large section of her labcoat to cover the wound, and takes out her bottle of pills.
"One for me," she says, popping one in, "and one for you," and unceromoniously pops one of the high-grade pain killers into Lem's mouth.

 No.668831

>>668827
"I-it was the Spurned," he babbles. "They sent us, to find something on board. A-a data package. They knew that Think Tank was trying to fund it, and that the package was important. They had us tail you. We were meant to take it back to them…"

>>668828
The bullet leaves a large dent in your armor, painfully bruising your arm underneath. Seeing how ineffective and ill-equipped they are for the mission, they agree and drop their weapons.

>>668829
He's already dead and gone.

>>668830
"Thanks," he grunts, swallowing it without a second thought. "He got me good, the bastard. The old man did well to hire you lot. You mopped them up in no time."

>pausing

 No.668832

File: 1468219986462.webm (2.87 MB, 1280x720, See you space cowboy.webm)


 No.669039

Post sheets!

 No.669043


 No.669047

File: 1468803276846.png (100.31 KB, 419x279, Protect yourself!.png)


 No.669049

File: 1468803459416.gif (991.04 KB, 500x260, Veta In A Nutshell.gif)


 No.669057

File: 1468804027148.webm (3.63 MB, 320x180, sworn to the sword.webm)


 No.669065

>>669043
>>669047
>>669049
>>669057
You are in the main hold of your ship, the Spurned's hired thugs having surrendered as you defeated them easily. The rest of the crew are by your side, save for Gunther who is managing the ship from the cockpit. "What the hell is going on?" Glitter Freeze demands, looking annoyed by all the commotion. "I heard shouting and even a gunshot. Who are these?"

"Just goons," Lem responds coldly, wincing as he clutches his shoulder wound. "What do you lot think we should do with them?"

>roll Perception

 No.669067

File: 1468805175690.jpg (574.86 KB, 3000x2300, promise ship map.jpg)

>>669065
>forgot pic

 No.669069

>>669065
Stone keeps a vigilant eye out for possible other threats in hiding. "We should be sure to bind them. Authorities would probably like to question them for attacking our ship."

>Perception

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.669071

>>669065
"Tie them up, maybe beat some answers out of them," Veta begins as she mills about the rest of the crew present around her seemingly without purposes, but is actually checking up on everyone and possible wounds and anything else, "then I fix them up, and you beat them again, and so and so forth in a fun, vicious cycle."

"That's what you types typically like to hear, right? Cause honestly, I don't give two shakes of my pill bottles what we do with them."

>perception

>Survival
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.669073

>>669065
"Too low on the pay grade to know where the boss is, too shifty to hire."

"Either we jail them come next ark or sell them back to the spurned." i reply, pacing as i talk.

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.669074

>>669065
perception [1d10]

>>669069
>>669071

"Binding and AVOIDING beating them. I've taken hostages before, if we're on the side of the law for this, we should remain on the side of the law. I'm sure this place have surveillance, we get them bound and wait until we can get them to authorities, then cash them in. The probably have bounties or whatnot. At least we look more upstanding this way."

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.669075

>>669074
place has*

 No.669078

>>669074
"It seems you and I have similar thoughts!" Stone grins

 No.669079

>>669074
"Like I said, I honestly don't care. Do whatever," Veta replies and her uncaring tone seems to hint that she means that.

 No.669093

>>669069
>>669073
You don't notice anything out of the ordinary.

>>669071
>>669074
You see the one at the back slowly reaching for his earpiece, but as soon as he sees you noticing he stops, glaring at you angrily.

>>669069
>>669071
>>669073
>>669074
"I'm with them," Blank Card chimes in. "We leave them in the cargo hold until we can set down somewhere. We should stop somewhere anyway, we need to pick up some supplies for the journey after all. I suggest you should check out the star-map in the cockpit for any nearby Arks we could stop on, if there are any that is."

"They're never going to stop looking for you," one of the prisoners butts in. "Not unless you give them what they want. The Spurned are in every corner of the galaxy by now. Wherever you go, they'll be after you. You might as well give it to us, let us go and save yourselves the pain."

"Nonsense," Blank Card says sharply. "We have a job to do. You're not important enough to get in the way. Now come on," she says to the rest of you, "let's get them trussed up." Lem nods in agreement and grabs one of the prisoners with his good arm, pushing him into the cargo hold. Blank Card follows suit, beginning to bind the thug to a chair with some nearby cables.

 No.669094

>>669093
"Before you tie them. Strip search."

Brimstone says, grabbing the one who reached for his earpiece by the cufflink of his shirt (if they have one, grabbing by some part of clothing), and grabbing his earpiece, crushing it in his palm.

"If anyone of you wanna use cyanide capsules, use 'em now, don't want you being a waste of cargo space. Otherwise, welcome aboard, cargo."

He searches them for anything that could be used as weapons, ways of escape, or communication.

 No.669096

>>669093
"Let em try!" i retort, Flashing my talon in his face menacingly. "They'll need a fleet to stop ME!"

Laughing heartily, i make my way back to the cockpit to check the starmap.

 No.669107

>>669093
>>669094
As she watches Brimstone crushed the earpiece, she goes that captive as Brimstone walks off.
"Look, be good and the big guy won't do that to your head or something," she says as she fishes her pocket and takes out a grape-flavored lollipop.
"Here, keep quiet and enjoy. Not a big fan of grape."

With that, she shoves the lolli into the captive's mouth and gives him a few condescending pats on the head.

"Now if you'll excuse me, if no one else is dying, I've got a med bay to rearrange. If I'm gonna be stuck here for awhile, I might as well make it feel somewhat homey."
With that, she heads over to the med bay to inspect what equipment she's gonna be stuck with.

 No.669108

>>669093
Stone heart decides to help bind the prisoners, not giving them the satisfaction of a reply. He then goes over to the star map to give it a good look.

 No.669120

>>669094
The hired gun flinches as you break the earpiece, but otherwise doesn't show any fear. As you search them, you find them all equipped with similar communication pieces, as well as handguns with limited ammo. Apart from that, however, they don't seem to be carrying much of any particular note.

>>669107
He refuses to accept the lollipop at first, but begrudgingly takes it after a moment.

The medical bay is appropriately large. It has five different sanitized beds, as well as a handful of drawers containing the usual tools such as syringes, stethoscopes, anaesthetic and disinfectant, as well as tools for surgery such as scalpels, needle and thread, forceps and a rather large bonesaw. There is also a heartbeat monitor and an IV stand in case it is necessary. You notice a white oblong pod of sorts at the back of the room with a glass covering, large enough for the average pony. Blazoned on the side of the contraption are the words "Polybius MD-0057 Emergency Medical Pod". It appears to have some sort of interface, but it doesn't seem to be working for now.

>>669108
You help tie up the remaining trio, leaving them trussed up like turkeys in the cargo hold. "All in a day's work," says Blank Card cheerily as you finish.

>>669096
>>669108
Gunther nods in greeting as he manages the ship's steady ascent into the stratosphere. Rona is rapidly becoming smaller and smaller as you look through the window, and soon you will be leaving its orbit and be back in the emptiness of space. You can see on the map that there are three other Arks nearby that you could visit:

Your first option is an Ark called Zerai. It consists of three small space stations built on asteroids, which are all linked together, forming a triangle shape. Bandi does not appear to be a very large Ark, nor is it a particularly wealthy one, but it could still be worth visiting.

Your second option is the Ark of Seani. It appears as an enormous dark cube floating through space. It is somewhat independent from the Empire, as it is near the borders of the known galaxy, but it is still densely populated; it is in fact one of the most populated Arks in the Empire.

The third option is called Uther. It is similar to Rona in shape, only like Zerai, it consists of several smaller stations linked together. Rarely for an Ark, many areas of it are in fact terraformed, boasting lush, if artificial, environments in many places. As such, Uther is a thriving Ark, and a popular destination spot for tourists in the Empire.

 No.669130

>>669108
>>669120

"What we need are supplies and information. Plenty of ponies on Seani with both."

"Very little military presence there, though. We'd need to watch our backs."

"Any thoughts?"

 No.669131

>>669120
Veta inspects the equipment, nodding with some approval.
"All this equipment without someone having to get on their knees? Gotta say, pretty nice gig."

While a lot of this equipment was already in portable size in her mechanical arm-claws, the anesthetics obviously caught her eye.
"Well hello nurse," she says, giving it a look over to see what kind it was.

She then takes a look at the medical pod, studying it a bit. She notices of the interface that is currently not working.
"Hmm…I wonder," Veta wonders outloud as she looks around to see if it was plugged in/the power switch was on/whatever the future uses nowadays.

 No.669132

>>669120
Stone Heart points out the third ark listed on the map. "Which one is this… Uther?" He asks, reading the name listed for it. "This seems quite nice, perhaps we could drop off prisoners here." He says, looking to the others.

 No.669133

>>669120
Brimstone cross his arms, watching the prisoners,

"So, since you're stuck here. Tell me about yourselves, outside of the mercenary life. We are in the same business after all, and I won't hate the players, just the game."

[1d10] disarming people not just physically but also socially

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.669135

>>669132
"Really? A tourist spot to drop off the mercs who tried to kill us?"

 No.669141

>>669135
"If many tourists come and go, I'm sure they would have places for criminals passing off as tourists."

 No.669147

>>669141
"That'd solve our cargo problem, but resorts don't sell their supplies to passing ships."

"Seani would be a fine stop to gather supplies, if we're careful."

 No.669150

>>669141
>>669120
Glaring at the star map, i drum my talons on the counter.

"Gunther, which Ark is closer to the drop off? The fewer jumps to make, the less of a chance these mercs get to fight us."

"Doubt the old pony would outfit this junker with proper weapons."

 No.669152

>>669130
"I agree. If anything I'd say Seani is our best bet," Gunther chimes in, not taking his eyes off the controls. You've broken out of orbit by now and are flying through the emptiness of space, leaving Rona behind you. "I've been there a few times. It's not so bad. Can get a little rough though, but we should be fine if we don't cross Marvin…"

>>669131
You recognize it as a particularly potent anaesthetic, able to knock out even a dragon like Brimstone in seconds.

The pod seems to be a robot of some sort, made to facilitate surgical procedures. However, it has not been used in a long time, and as such is in a state of disrepair, missing certain pieces to make it properly function. Perhaps if you found a mechanic specializing in robots at some point they could get it working, but right now it is merely a waste of space.

>>669132
I've heard Uther's a nice place," Gunther agrees, "but it's a real tourist trap. I don't know if it'd be the best place to leave our guests. …Maybe we should discuss this in a group? Now we're in space I can put it on autopilot for a while." He does so, pushing a few buttons. You feel the ship slowing down, moving steadily through space of its own accord. "We can go FTL once we pick a destination."

>>669133
They just glare at you, clearly not intent on making idle conversation.

>>669150
"One second…" He spins around in his chair and takes over the starmap for a moment, tapping in some coordinates. "…Looks like if we want to save time we'd have to head to Zerai. Not really much there though, never even heard of the place." He shrugs and goes back to the control panel, using the PA system to inform the rest of the ship of their current options.

>>669131
>>669133
As you go about your business, you suddenly hear Gunther's hoarse voice sound throughout the ship. "Alright people, we have a few options on where to head from here. Everyone meet up in the main hold and we'll go over our options."

 No.669153

>>669152
"Well… then how about this Zerai place? What is it like there?" Stone asks, checking the last option they have yet to speak about.

 No.669154

>>669153
"Looks empty, not a bad rock to toss a few mercs onto, but we'd have to scrounge for supplies."

"Ought to have a refueling stop or two, at least."

 No.669155

>>669152
Brimstone ignores the request, feeling the need to make sure nothing happens with the hard-asses.

"So…, y'all watch Cooking with Peachy Keen? Good season so far."

 No.669156

>>669152
If anyone else was in the med bay, they could see the twinkle of a happy dog.
"Might need this for later…or if I run out…," she mutters and stows the anesthetic within a medical fluid reservoir in her arm.

At the sound of Gunther's voice, and see the pod is in actual disrepair, Veta closes up her arm and heads to the main hold.

>>669152
>>669153
>>669154
Upon arriving to the main hold, Veta can't help but voice her mind a bit.
"Gotta say; nice set up for me in the med bay. Wonder if after this, I could chop the room off and take it with me. Would make a great office."

Upon hearing the options, Veta is silent in thought for a little bit.
"Avoid Uther. Last thing I need is some fake accented fat head trying to sweet talk me into getting a thirty second massage, which mind you is only him beating on my back like the bongos, and then extort three digits from my account."
She takes out a red lolli and proceeds to taste its sweetness.
"The other two are fine. Whether these guys go to the authorities or live off of reststop bathroom egg salad, entirely your choice."

 No.669157

>>669153
>>669154
"What Risky said," he replies. "It's a fairly small settlement, but a law-abiding one at least. I think it'd be less likely for there to be much Spurned activity on it compared to the other two." He gestures for you to follow as he adjourns to the main hold, carrying a copy of the starmap in a data packet and plugging it into the circular terminal in the center of the room. It projects the information you saw as a holographic display for the rest of the crew to take in as they come in one by one.

>>669155
Still no response. Perhaps they're not into cooking shows.

>>669156
Glitter Freeze nods in assent. "We do have a mission to carry out. There's no time for stopping to gawk at pretty sights. We should go to Zerai, turn the prisoners in, then make for Hosp as fast as we can."

>>669153
>>669154
>>669156
"I say we go to Seani," says Lem. "It may not have the best reputation, but it'd be easy to lose the Spurned there. It's a big place after all. Plus we could make a bit of money there as well."

Blank Card just shrugs. "I'll leave it up to the rest of you to decide," she says. "Although Uther does sound lovely. Lem has a point though, there's plenty of supplies to be found on Seani. Zerai sounds a bit… backwater, if you ask me."

 No.669158

>>669157
Brimstone flicks one of them on the forehead,

"You guys sure take your job a bit too seriously. You know if you need me to push you into corners so you can properly brood, just ask."

 No.669159

>>669157
"I suppose we could go to Seani. Perhaps we shall see the other Arks some other time." Stone says, just hoping for everyone to come to an agreement.

 No.669160

>>669157
"I throw my lot in with Seani, We'd best lose any spurned chasers in that Ark, then keep moving on after a restock."

 No.669161

>>669157
>>669159
>>669160
Veta is silent and her eyes move back and forth to whoever is speaking. When everything is silent, she just has a slight smirk.
"Then for the sake of drama, I'm going to say Zerai. But while we bicker, go ahead and set course for Seani."

 No.669162

>>669158
He spits at your feet, clearly not appreciating his current predicament.

>>669159
>>669160
>>669161
"Looks like it's settled then," Gunther shrugs, unplugging the hologram and gesturing for Risky to follow. "Let's set course for Seani. It'll be good to see that place again, as long as we don't get into too much trouble."

>timeskip


With Gunther setting course for Seani, Risky primes the FTL generator and activates it. Through the window, you can see the stars zip by you, eventually becoming an incomprehensible blur of blue and white, along with other colors of celestial bodies zipping by you. It will take at least 12 hours for you to arrive, and you pass the time setting up your beds in the dormitories and preparing yourselves for the trip. There is woefully little selection in the way of food and drink, mostly just coffee, fruit and biscuits. You do, however, find an entire chicken ready to eat for the carnivorous among you. Whoever made the ship was thoughtful enough to include a broadcasting system, set to pick up signals from all around the galaxy. With no one objecting, Gunther tunes it to one of the more popular broadcasting services in the galaxy, Rebel Radio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNssEVlB6M

Your pleasant trip is interrupted with a sudden jolt as something pulls you out of hyperspace. A quick alert from Gunther gathers you all to the cockpit to see what is happening. Through the windows, it is unclear where you are, but there is an asteroid field not far from where you are. What catches your attention, however, is the enormous triangular ship that seems to have caught you as you were traveling through the area. It does not have any discernible markings, but you are rapidly being pulled into its hangar bay. From what you know, it looks like an industrial ship made for transporting heavy cargo.

As your ship is pulled closer and closer to the offending vessel, a voice crackles through your PA system, presumably coming from the offending ship. "We are protectors of the Empire in the name of the Holy Twins. Protecting is hard work. We will only ask this once. Give us your money and supplies, or else we will be forced to assume you are allies with the Spurned and will destroy you and your ship."

 No.669163

>>669162
It would appear Veta has set herself up in the med bay, opting to move one of the beds to a different part of the room and promptly laying down on it. It would seem shes done this practice before….

After a nice nap, the rude awakening made any hope of anyone seeing her in a good mood just flew right out the window. Upon hearing the request from these clearly upstanding 'protectors,' Veta just looks to everyone else.
"So…whether they're the real deal or not, who's up for just leaving the party crashers with these guys?"

 No.669164

>>669162
"curses, an Interdiction!"

jarred out of warp by the tractor beam, i hop onto the controls and fire our thrusters, trying to break their beam!
[1d10] thrusters

slamming the comms, i struggle with the console.

"Heads up, we're being pulled in by some Empire jockeys, gonna try to break their beam, hold onto something!"

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.669165

>>669162
"Wonderful. Hey, you guys don't mind being meatshields, right? Any volunteers to soak bullets?"

he asks the prisoners, his helmet's faceplate moving back to cover his face.

 No.669166

>>669162
"Money and supplies…? This sounds like a robbery! Who would dare smear the name of the empire with pirating?!" Stone Heart says loudly, making his way to grab his suit and maul. However when he makes his way back all geared up, he would give the ship a good look.

>Engineering

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.669167

>>669163
Glitter Freeze nods in assent. "You won't hear me complaining," Lem adds. "Good idea."

>>669164
The Promise strains to break free of the beam, struggling against the powerful vacuum. It's not enough, although you feel like you are giving your would-be captors some trouble. Perhaps if you tried a little harder you could break free.

Gunther snorts derisively as he tries to redirect power to the thrusters. "If these guys are with the Empire then I'm Astral Echo," he says, in reference to the galaxy-famous singer. "They're out for themselves. You hear that?" he barks, turning on the intercom to reply to the other ship. "We're onto you. You're not getting squat from us."
[1d10] If successful, +2 to your next roll to free the ship

>>669165
Still no response except for hateful glares. You're sensing a pattern here.

>>669166
The lack of any corporate markings suggests the ship is working independently. Moreover, the ship is not intended for carrying other ships, more so for shunting construction materials. It's probably stolen.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.669168

>>669167
"They are tricksters and thieves! I will keep them from stepping a hoof in our ship!" Stone says, making his way closer to the entrance in the case the ship cannot escape.

 No.669169

>>669167

"Thanks for volunteering spitter, glad to have you work alongside us."

Brimstone says, pulling out his sealant tape and wrapping it around the mouth of the prisoner who spat at him earlier and pulling the tied up pony (assumedly tied by himself, not tied to the chair. it's easier this way), and pulling him over his shoulder,

"Come'n, time for walkies."

He walks out into the hallway,

"Oi, what's the situation. Should I station myself near the entrance or we evading?"

 No.669170

>>669167

"If you think I'm gonna let you just reel us in you're dead wrong!"

Straining the ship's core to it's max, I try to put distance between us and them, breaking their tether
[1d10] boost out!

"Come on, just a bit more!"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.669171

>>669167
Veta gives them a thumbs up and heads down to where the prisoners are….

>>669169
…but comes across Brimstone in the process.
"Short and sweet; bullshit artists trying to steal our stuff. Was thinking of just dropping these guys off here but," she looks at Brimstone's shoulders, "well, looks like you have a more fun plan in mind."

 No.669172

>>669171
"I mean, free meat shields, why would we let them go to waste?"

 No.669173

>>669172
"Hey, I'm not complaining," she says with a bit of a smirk, "I'm still going to be hiding behind you, but still go for it."

 No.669174

>>669173
"He's my meat shield, I'll be your metal shield. Well, metal and plastic polymer, but you probably only care about the fleshy bits on the inside anyways."

he pauses for a moment, moving the prisoner a bit to be more comfortable,

"Nah you probably don't even care about that part."

 No.669175

>>669174
"Depends on who it is. Considering you helped protect me and the others, I might be more inclined to help."

"You on the other hand," she says, giving a glare at the prisoner, "well, let's say you're SOL."

 No.669176

>>669169
"Get near the entrance, I've almost got us free but they're pulling hard!" You hear crackle over a speaker nearby.

 No.669177

>>669176
Brimstone moves as such

 No.669178

>>669171
>>669168
You prepare yourself for what's to come, weapons at the ready as you stand by the loading ramp. Lem joins you, cocking his pistol apprehensively. Glitter Freeze hangs at the back, watching to see what happens next.

>>669169
>>669177
You carry your hapless captive to the loading ramp, waiting for it to come down.

>>669170
You hear a horrible shuddering, groaning sound come from the back of the ship as the engines overheat. Blank Card lets out a few space-themed curses and makes her way to the engine room in order to try and repair the damage. Meanwhile, it seems that they have intensifies the power of their tractor beam, as the ship is helplessly cruising along into the freighter's hangar bay.

After a few tense minutes, your ship is pulled into the freighter, roughly bumping in through the hangar. There is silence for a moment, then the ship is jolted by some sort of energy field. Your various contraptions and enhancements begin to malfunction; Veta and Risky's arms change mode rapidly for a moment, and Stoneheart and Brimstone's suits pop open and closed of their own volition. "Shit, they disabled the ship!" you hear Gunther shout from the cockpit. Without being programmed to remain closed, the loading ramp hisses open as if with a will of its own.

Standing outside are a group of grubby-looking bandits of various shapes and sizes. Most are ponies, but there are Diamond Dogs, donkeys and even a dragon among the crowd. All in all, there's at least 20 of them, probably more out of sight. One of them, presumably their leader, lopes to the front of the group. He is a tawny, mangy-looking Diamond Dog, older than most of the crowd. He wears a brass pendant in the shape of an eye, and carries a sleek-looking rifle made of a glossy black material with several green lights and tubes running along it. You recognize it as a rare Plasma Emission Weapon.

"Come on now, hand over the goods," he drawls. You recognize him as the voice on the intercom. "It's for the good of the people of our Empire. You don't support the Spurned, do ya now?"

 No.669179

>>669178
Stone Heart, even without his suit, lifts his heavy maul up. "Stand back or I will not hesitate to crush you." Stone Heart warns them, standing his ground against them.

>Intimidating

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.669180

>>669178
Hitting the floor as my talon malfunctions, I stiffly get back to my hooves, regaining control as I hit the comms

"No good, the engine is fried! I'm on my way down."

Grabbing my shotgun off the counter, I make my way out of the cockpit. "Gunther, see if you can help blank card fix the engines, I'll deal with the lockdown."

"No pirate outplunders Risky hooves! If they push it I'll take their whole ship as a trophy!"

 No.669181

>>669178
Veta looks at her rapidly changing arms, looking very unamused by the spectacle. And when this bandit leader shows up, she still looks quite annoyed.
"Kinda hard to hand stuff over when your paws keep doing this," Veta says, bringing up her mechanical arms/paws as they keep changing between normal mode and the syringed-tipped medical mode.

"And we don't, but these guys do," she says, pointing at Brimstone's meat shield.
"So how about it? If you really support the Twin Empresses, how about taking these guys off our paws…," she looks at Brimstone, "talons…," then looks at Glitter, "hooves…and whatever else may be on this ship. Really, they're the only goods we have if these guys have a bounty."
Seemingly without a care, she takes out another red lolli and proceeds to suck on it.

 No.669182

>>669178
"Eat shit, dog. You can have these prisoners, otherwise you're prying this from our dead hands, and we'll make sure to give you hell, no matter the final outcome."

 No.669183

>>669179
You brandish your weapon only to be met with a round of derisive laughter from the bandits. "There's more of us than there are of you," the Dog says, cradling his PEW. "How many of my boys do you think you could take? 4? 5? No. Put that down and don't be ridiculous."

>>669181
"Well, we'd be happy to take them," he replies, "only that's more mouths to feed, innit? Protecting the Empire is hungry work. So I'm afraid we'll have to take the food as well. I prefer chicken."

>>669182
He nods smugly. "You're a real talker, aren't you. Talkers like you make me hungry."

>>669181
"Think I'll take two chickens," he adds with a crooked grin.

>>669182
"Anyway, I don't think you understand the situation here, friend. You and whose army? Like I said to your unusually large friend here - " he gestures to Stoneheart - "there's more of us than what there are of you. Just because you're a big fella doesn't make you invincible." He taps you on the chest with the butt of his rifle.

>>669180
He nods and scarpers to the back of the ship to do as you say.

"Are you the captain on board?" the bandit leader asks as you come out, turning away from Brimstone. "Because if any more words come pouring out of this one's mouth, I'm going to have to eat every bloody chicken on board. Now tell your men to step aside or there's gonna be violence."

>pausing

 No.669220

Sheets and such.

 No.669221

File: 1469237417962.webm (3.38 MB, 636x360, one summer day SPIRITED A….webm)


 No.669222

File: 1469237666853.png (261.24 KB, 583x827, Lights Out.png)


 No.669223

File: 1469238031978.jpg (83.21 KB, 1000x1000, That ana legendary tho.jpg)


 No.670504

Sheets, for real this time!

 No.670505

File: 1470621186546.png (2.47 KB, 351x32, a catastrophe.png)

>>670504
let's fix that.
bears.

 No.670506

File: 1470621209378.webm (1.08 MB, 1280x720, squeals.webm)


 No.670507

>>670505
dumb bearposter

 No.670508

File: 1470621227567.jpg (24.46 KB, 405x304, The Proper Response To Eve….jpg)


 No.670509

File: 1470621318219.jpg (18.95 KB, 326x245, Rein.jgp.jpg)


 No.670510


 No.670511

Previously on NWR, the gang made their heading to the Ark of Seani in order to supply themselves for the next leg of their voyage and to bring their attempted assailants to justice. On the trip there, however, they were rudely interrupted by a group of pirates, who demanded their food and supplies in exchange for their lives. The party are currently facing off against the assumed leader of the pirates.

>>670506
>>670508
>>670509
>>670510
"Look," the pirate leader says, shifting his PEW rifle from one arm to the other, "you don't seem to understand the situation here. Your ship's disabled, and there's three… no wait, four times as many of us than there are of you. All we ask is a little compensation in exchange for safe travels. You look like an intelligent bunch. Are you really going to shoot your way out of this?"

 No.670512

>>670511
"Aye, we may be trapped here, but we've got as little as you do!" i say to the dog, throwing my talon up in fake frustration

"We're on our way to restock, this junker of a ship's running on empty."
[1d10] Con artist

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.670513

>>670511
"I will not give into demands of thieves. But I am kind enough to give second chances. Leave, I will not hurt you as long as you cause no harm." Stone Heart speaks firmly.

>Intimidation

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.670514

>>670511
Veta looks around at all the pirates, not looking worried, but not confident neither.
"Never been part of an orgy like this, and honestly, I think I'd rather keep that good record going."

She yawns and turns around.
"Alright, well, I'll go see what I can scrounge up. I'm actually kinda hungry myself as well."
With that, Veta walks back into the ship and heads to the kitchen casually. She looks at the cold chicken from earlier, pours some of the anesthetic she found in the medical bay onto said chicken, and proceeds to wait for the chicken to get back up to a hot temperature.

 No.670515

>>670511
>>669183
"Outnumbered? Sure, but like I said, we'll give you hell whether you kill us or not. I'm getting paid to make sure this ship heads back to port so it can get some cargo, and I don't plan on leaving this paycheck. If you decide you want to take this empty vessel by force, I'll make sure to cut as big of a hole in your force as I can before I get killed."

He says, bringing a talon to the leader's gun and placing the barrel facing his chest,

"So either you pull the trigger or fuck off. Either way I'll make it my personal duty to make the risk outweigh whatever reward you get from this salvage."

>intimidation

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.670516

>>670512
He looks you up and down, then at the ship. "I can believe that, really," he answers with a smirk. "Even with all your fancy prosthetics, you do look a poorly sort."

>>670513
"You and whose army, big boy?" he answers with a derisive chuckle.

>>670514
As you look around the kitchen, you see a contraption much like a microwave, only the name emblazoned on the side (Polybius Instant Oven™) marks it as being otherwise. If it were not for the ship currently being disabled, you could roast the raw chicken in front of you in a matter of seconds. Alas, the chicken continues to sit there demurely, un-roasted.

>>670515
He looks rather taken aback at your aggression. The other pirates ready their weapons i ncase you try something drastic. "Alright, alright, alright," the leader drawls. "Calm down there. You've obviously got a death wish or something. We don't want any bloodshed today."

He nods at one of his nearby lackeys, a squat little unicorn with big brass goggles and some sort of wrist-mounted device much like the electronics built into Veta's arms. He pushes some buttons with a stereotypical bleep blooping sound, and after a moment, your ship begins to hum idly. "Go on, get outta here," the pirate boss snorts, making a shooing motion with his free hand. "You're more trouble than you're worth. We'll just find someone else to pick on." With that, he turns away from you and motions for the rest of his gang to follow him out of the hangar. They begin to scatter, grumbling about their lack of supplies.

 No.670517

>>670516
Stone Heart snorts after the bandits leave. "Good, at least they left peacefully. Now then, shall we continue onward?"

 No.670518

>>670516
Brimstone enters back into the hangar, his helmet folding back off,

"Sometimes I wonder if I do have a deathwish, but really no one wants to die out here. He doesn't want to lose crew, so at least he's sensible."

 No.670519

>>670518
*hangar of our ship, not theirs

 No.670520

>>670516
"Really?" Veta says unamused as she stares at the chicken just sitting in there.
"Well, when they disable a ship, they sure know how to disable a ship."

She shrugs and just leaves the chicken in the microwave, and heads to everyone else.

>>670517
>>670518
"Oh, you're all back? And alive? What happened back there?"

 No.670521

>>670520
"His bark was worse than his bite, which is common in space."

 No.670522

>>670516
"Well, fine."

shrugging, i make my way back up the ramp toward the cockpit.

"From one pirate to another, watch for mutiny, Dog. Lost my ship and crew from it!"

 No.670523

>>670521
"If no one can hear you bark in space, then I guess he was just gums then," she replies straight faced and stretching a bit.

"Oh, by the way, don't eat the chicken unless you want to take a nap. A long one."

 No.670524

>>670517
>>670518
>>670520
>>670522
As you return to the Promise, Blank Card and Gunther emerge from the engine room. "I'm not sure what I did," Gunther shrugs, "but I guess it worked." "I take it you managed to chase off those punks," Blank Card chimes in, ignoring his obliviousness. "Hopefully we don't run into them again. We should get moving, shouldn't we? Everything seems to be working now."

"Yes, yes, no more delays," Glitter Freeze chimes in as he joins the assembling group. "We have a mission to complete, don't forget. Your employer is counting on you. So let's go. Chop chop." While he's been mostly quiet until now, for some reason he seems to be in a hurry now.

"Alright, we're moving, geez." Gunther shoots him a dirty look, then motions for Risky to follow as he moves towards the cockpit.

 No.670525

>>670524
hopping back into the controls, i work the console with my talons and magic.

"Right! Full ahead to Seani, prepping warp maneuvers now."
[1d10] warp speed

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.670526

>>670523
Brimstone reclines, laying on the floor of the cargo hold.

 No.670527

>>670520
"They did not think that we were worth their time and they fled. Good thing they did not come to violence or I might have made a mess of them."

>>670524
"I cannot wait to see more arks beyond the stars!" Exclaims as he gets ready for travel.

>Ready to go.

 No.670528

>>670524
"Well, let's get going. I'm not exactly aging backwards here."

 No.670529

>>670525
>>670526
>>670527
>>670528
The ship rattles and rumbles as you begin to leave the pirates' ship. The stars begin to rush by you as you accelerate back into light speed, setting the coordinates for the Ark of Seani.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgcY6qlzdf8

It is some hours before the ship pulls out of light speed and approaches the Ark. True to the star-map's description, Seani is a vast, featureless cubical structure that looms ominously over you as you approach. Much like the arrival at Rona, as you draw closer you make out some of the finer details; mainly, that the surface of it is riddled with rectangular docking bays, looking like some twisted beehive.

As you draw near the Ark, Gunther requests permission to dock at one of the aforementioned a voice crackles through the receiver, and Gunther calls for you all to gather at the cockpit. "This is Seani Civil Protection speaking," the voice announces. "I am legally required to inform you that visitors to this Ark are recommended to pay a security toll to ensure the maximum safety of their ship, its passengers and cargo. The toll is 200 florins per living being, and 100 for every robot that may be on board."

"Can you believe these guys?" Gunther grumbles, being sure to leave the microphone off. "Some warm welcome we're getting here if we're getting extorted before we even arrive. They're no better than the pirates from before. Don't know why I expected any better from this place." He sighs in annoyance. "What should we do?"

 No.670530

>>670529
"Well I'll kill everyone and land the ship, then I'll get medics to resuscitate you. It's cheapest that way."

 No.670531

>>670529
>>670530
"There is no need to kill anyone! I would pay for my portion but… I seem to be thirteen florin short. Maybe we should find a different Ark?"

 No.670532

>>670529
"He said 'recommended' you deaf twit, not 'mandatory.' We are free to not pay them," Veta says, looking from Gunther to the screen, "we'd just have to watch our own stuff instead. As in, someone, or someones, who like possible fights might want to stick around. Could get nice and actiony here."

 No.670533

>>670529
"Aw stow that bilge! We'll leave Gunther or Glitter to watch the ship." I shout, glaring towards the docking port.

"Restock what we need and keep moving, and bash anyone looking to try something."

 No.670534

>>670530
"…Yeah, that's not going to happen," Gunther says. Lem gives you a disapproving stare.

>>670531
"Well, it's not like we need to pay either. Knowing this place, though, we're probably going to get robbed even if we do pay up."

>>670532
"I never said I thought it was mandatory," he retorts defensively. "And if it's fights you're after, then this is the right place. Or so I've heard."

>>670533
"Yeah, I'm with you," he says. "Lem and I should stay put. Hopefully we won't be here too long."

"We shouldn't be," Glitter butts in. "We have a mission to complete. No time for dallying."

Gunther turns on the mic to respond to the caller. "Er, that's a negative, we won't be paying extra. We'll only be here for a few days at the most."

"Your funeral," the Civil Protection representative responds, and the ship continues to dock at Seani.

After some time, you eventually dock and go through the usual customs processes to register yourselves as visitors to the Ark. As was planned, Glitter, Gunther and Lem stay behind to watch the ship, while Blank Card tags along, claiming that she needs more supplies for the journey. As you emerge from the spaceport, you take in the sight of the Ark. Seani is similar in many ways to Rona, yet different. Unlike on Rona, you are not on walkways overlooking the near-endless drop down to the city's base, but instead are on proper concrete streets. Many of these streets have little to no road markings, leaving it to common sense to make way for passing vehicles. The artificial sky above has been voted to be overcast, although it is difficult to see among the seemingly endless towers and buildings stretching as far as the eye can see. Many of these skyscrapers are plastered with neon signs, most of them advertisements for one product or another. Cylindrical cleaning robots can be seen on patrol commonly, sweeping up the litter left behind by Seani's residents. Overall, the Ark is a rather grim, claustrophobic place.

"Haven't been here in years," Blank Card remarks as she looks around. "Don't you worry about getting lost, I know this place like the back of my hoof. Now, there are a couple of things we need to do." She pulls out a data pad of sorts with a checklist on it. "First off, we need to contact Civil Protection and see about turning in those prisoners. We also need to head to the marketplace and buy food and supplies for the rest of the trip. Also, if we have the time, there are a few places I know of where we could go to make some money, if you're interested. Provided the Arena hasn't shut down, that is. So, where should we go first?" She looks at you all expectantly.

 No.670535

>>670534
Stone Heart clanks through the Ark streets with heavy armored hooves. Any pony he accidentally bumps into, he apologizes to sincerely.

At the mention of an "Arena?" Stone Heart questions with a highly intrigued tone. "Oh! I would love to see if I could test my suit out in the Arena! But first, we should handle the prisoners. Best to turn them in to proper authorities." Stone speaks, his voice still excited from the prospect of possibly fighting in an arena.

 No.670536

>>670534
"Right… to cover the most ground, we should split up. Brimstone can muscle the mercs into the station for the authority to handle, while Vera and stone heart gather supplies. As captain I'll go with Blank card to get us some credits."

"How's that for a plan?" I ask, turning to the crew."

 No.670537

>>670534
>>670536

"Sure, I'll take the prisoners, I'm sure they're wanted somewhere if they pick jobs like trying to take a ship's cargo in the middle of a port."

He pulls out his sealant tape (it's duct tape but stronger) and wraps it around the mouths of the prisoners, as well as both sets of hooves. He picks each one up over his shoulder.

"Up and at'em little ones, we're going on a trip."

 No.670538

>>670536
>>670537
"I believe we should all stick with Blank Card. She knows Ark much better than all of us and we shall get things done faster together. Then we can all attend the Arena as one!"

 No.670539

>>670534
Veta looks around with a bored look, as if she's been to this and every other place a thousand times before and was bored of it all.

>>670536

"I would assume I'm the last one you want me getting supplies. Afraid I might get a bunch of junk that is," her voice goes into a slightly mocking tone, "very healthy for you and crap."
She sighs.
"Well whoever goes, get me some of those microwavable spare ribs. I've been having a real craving for those since they stopped putting them in the vending machine at the hospital."

>>670538
"Or pull up a map of this place. You make it sounds like we're in some kind of horrible technological dark age."

 No.670540

>>670538
"That seems like an inefficient use of time. We wanna get our mission done, we shouldn't dwell on this Ark any longer than we have to. Besides, I have Goopone Maps in my visor, I'll be fine."

 No.670541

>>670537
"Though knowing how dangerous this place is, staying together might be a better choice."

"Besides", I mention, following you, "it's best we unload those mercs first before they get out of hoof."

 No.670542

>>670539
"Wanting to be with others does not sound like a dark age thing to do."

>>670540
"Inefficient use of time? Come now, you sound more like a robot saying that!" Stone Heart jokes.

>>670541
"If anyone wishes to pick a fight with us, then I would be close by to help." Stone Heart adds.

 No.670543

>>670542
"That would depend on what company you keep, now wouldn't it."

 No.670544

>pause

 No.671057

Sheets!

 No.671058


 No.671059

File: 1471313959534.webm (3.71 MB, 992x400, it's not very good at all.webm)


 No.671060

File: 1471314142799.png (433.37 KB, 742x497, 9Rz53VY.png)


 No.671061

File: 1471314183740.webm (1.83 MB, 640x360, baRKO.webm)


 No.671062

>>671058
>>671059
>>671060
>>671061
In the interests of saving time, Brimstone and Stoneheart split from the party in order to bring their prisoners to justice, aiming on rendezvousing back at the ship.

>>671059
>>671060
As you return to the ship to lead the prisoners out, Gunther stops you, looking concerned. He looks a bit disheveled, presumably having been working on something. "Hey, I was looking at our engine just now and I think there might be a problem. I'll wait until the rest of you are back here though."

With some grumbling from the three Spurned stooges, you start leading them out and around this foggy sector of Seani, looking for the local police station in the area. It isn't long until you find it, a squat, shapeless little concrete building with little color save for the blue and gold kite shield that is the emblem of law enforcement across the Sun-Moon Empire. It is as dingy from the outside as it is inside, with little to no lighting in the reception area, peeling wallpapers and a rickety old fan slowly spinning on the ceiling. At the reception desk, behind the usual thick glass, is a portly middle-aged unicorn mare with a severe haircut, bad lipstick and oversized horn-rimmed glasses. She is filling out some forms via telekinesis, and continues to do so as she looks up at you expectantly without a word.

>>671058
>>671061
"Alright, I'll make sure to grab some spare ribs for you Veta." She enters something on here data pad. We'll meet up back at the ship, I'm just going to head to the marketplace to buy some things for the trip, until we reach Hosp at least. In the meantime, I do recommend you head to the Arena. You don't have to worry about getting hurt anyway, it's all virtual combat. Do try not to get lost in this place though, it is rather large. And watch your step. It can get rough." With that, she waves goodbye and heads off to do her own work while you look for the Arena.

It is not difficult to find the Arena, seeing as it is advertised heavily by neon signs every once in a while. The building itself is impressive to behold, a very large, dome-shaped structure made mainly of a shiny silver alloy. The roof seems to be made of some sort of glass, although it constantly changes colors and is difficult to look at for too long. A sign near the gaping entrance identifies it as being the Astral Arena, and informs you that next week only are Team Tourneys.

As you enter, you quickly find that it seems to be one of the major attractions on Seani. The rectangular room is packed with citizens of all shapes and sizes, while on either side are large bar tables with televisions showing ongoing fights behind them, as well as what appear to be hovercraft races of some sort. The figures depicted duking it out vary greatly from medieval knights to futuristic cyborgs, and everything in between. You figure that the Arena must be a form of virtual entertainment. At the back of the room is a stage where a band would normally perform, but no one seems to be on today. Overall, the Astral Arena is more like one giant pub than anything else.

As you enter, you are immediately approached by a sleazy-looking pegasus in a tuxedo and a pencil mustache. "Welcome, travellers," he rasps with a toothy grin, bowing dramatically. "Welcome to the Astral Arena. How may I serve you? Are you here to watch the games? To have a drink? Or perhaps even to enrol yourselves? We do have Team Tourneys starting next week…"

 No.671063

>>671062
(In the previous game, Brimstone taped the mouths and hooves of Spruned, and is carrying them over his shoulders)

"I'll return after we get rid of this living cargo."

"Three Spurned mercenaries decided to rob the wrong ship. Any bounties on them? Either way we've got criminals to turn in, we've got data logs of their attack on ship when needed."

 No.671064

>>671063
>In between the two dialogue pieces

Says Brimstone to Gunther, nodding.

When he reaches the reception desk, he tilts his head to the side to motion to the bound mercenaries on his shoulders.

 No.671065

>>671062
"Oh yeah, heard this place was a perfect spot to make a few credits."

"And we just so happen to be looking to enter!" i reply, nudging Vera.

"Now, how many people are in these 'teams'?"

 No.671066

>>671062
Veta stretches a bit, seeming to relax a good deal at seeing it's all virtual and not actual, gladiator-style combat. Veta looks at the pegasus, not overly grumpy as usual, but still looking perpetually unhappy about something.
"We're mostly checking things out, see what this place is and all. Drink sounds pretty good; be nice to have something other than water, or nothing at all."

>>671065
Veta looks at Risky.
"But are we going to even be here next week? It all looks pretty fun, though."

 No.671067

>>671066
"I don't like sticking around here longer than we have to, but we're broke. Well, at least I'm broke."

"If we can win this tourney thing we'll have a few extra zeros to work with once we hit the next ark."

 No.671068

>>671067
"Hmm…guess you have a point there. What the hell. This could be pretty fun."

 No.671069

>>671062
Stone Heart greets the unicorn with a smile and a raise hand as warm greetings. "Greetings, we have come to turn in these Spurned menace over to the wonderful Sun-Moon Empire!"

 No.671070

>>671063
>>671064
>>671069
The receptionist blinks slowly as you explain yourselves, eyes moving from you to the prisoners you have in a fireman's lift and back again. She looks down at her monitor for a moment and starts entering something. "Name," she grunts after a moment, without turning back to face you. "And ship ID number. Also going to need you to fill out this prisoner transferal application in triplicate for filing purposes." Without stopping her constant telekinetic writing, she reaches into a cabinet and hands you a dismayingly thick piece of paperwork, along with two other copies and a pen.

>>671065
"Five a side," he responds. "And sixteen teams altogether."

>>671066
"Of course," he replies in an oily tone. "What sort of drink would you like, madame? We have a wide variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages from all over the Empire. I would personally recommend the Sahuan White Champagne. It-"

He is cut off by an incredibly gruesome crunching sound coming from one of the monitors. "Oh. Oh me, oh my." You can see that one of the competitors, a samurai of some sort, appears to have had their head smashed like a watermelon by a hulking minotaur in an iron mask. He holds up his gore-spattered fists and roars in victory. The audience goes wild.

Your attendant suddenly looks extremely nervous. "This won't do. This won't do at all. Er…" He turns back to you. "P-please, do remember that none of what you see is real. It is all a simulation for entertainment purposes. I do hope this does not make you reconsider…?" He smiles weakly.

 No.671071

>>671069
>>671070
"Sorry Stone Heart, my hands are tied. Or rather, the ponies who are on my shoulders have their hooves tied. Either way you're going through the paperwork."

 No.671072

>>671070
"The rig for these game, does it have some kinda feedback? Seems like he'd have a real splitting headache" I chuckle, taking a look at a few monitors.

"Never had time for arcades, but fighting's the same no matter how to handle it."

>>671068
"Vera, think you can show me how to play one of these? This seems up your alley."

 No.671073

>>671070
>>671071
"What? But I have never done this sort of thing before. Why don't you assist in filling one out while I fill another?" Stone Heart asks, displeased at the thought of being dumped with so much paperwork all alone. He still takes the paperwork from the Mare, smiling when he looks to her. "Thank you." He says, only to turn his once again disapproving gaze to Brimstone.

 No.671074

>>671070
Veta gives a long whistle at the scene, actually clapping a bit at the performance.
"Hard to find good games that don't go all out with the gore."

She looks at the pegasus oddly.
"Then why are you so worried?"

>>671072
She then glances at Risky, a slight twitch in her muzzle.
"My name is Veta. And sure, let me just…."

>>671070
>>671072
She heads over to the bar and orders a fruity, colorful, alcoholic drink. The drink seems to dinty when compared to her somewhat hulking mechanical claws. Nonetheless, she shakes out two pills, takes it with her drink, and cracks her neck a bit.
"Refreshing. Now, how about some fun?"

 No.671075

>>671073
>>671070

"I'll read over your shoulder and help verbally."

Brimstone helps with the red tape as much as he can while holding prisoners.

[1d10] red tape assistance

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.671076

>>671075
"Hmph, if you have fear of pens then I will do the writing." Stone Heart playfully teases.

 No.671077

>>671072
"Not that I know of, madam," he says, wiping his brow. "There is some mild disorientation coming out of the simulation, I believe, but nothing too bad."

>>671073
She just stares at you expectantly, clearly dead inside.

>>671074
"Hm? Oh, it is nothing. I just… need to attend to some business." He grins sheepishly. "I must leave you, I'm afraid. If you do wish to enrol in the games or place a bet, speak with Marvin at the counter over there." He gestures at an alcove next to the band stage, where you can see a snaggle-toothed Diamond Dog with black fur talking to some patrons. There seems to be a queue forming. With another unctuous bow, the pegasus retreats into the crowd.

The drink you order costs you a pricey 25 florins. Clearly they capitalize on the Arena's popularity.

>>671072
>>671075
Between the two of you, you manage to fill in all the necessary paperwork. It is a dull, tedious affair, and more than once you have to contact Gunther to enter some details. All the time, the receptionist just stares at you impatiently, rarely blinking.

As you hand in the forms filled out in triplicate, she takes them without a word, coughing in your face. You're not sure if it was intentional or not, but either way she does not apologize, instead leaving her post and returning with a couple of burly earth ponies in uniform. "We'll take it from here," one of them says, motioning for you to let go of the prisoners.

 No.671078

>>671077
Brimstone drops the mercenaries on the ground, unceremoniously.

 No.671079

>>671077
Stone Heart allows the earth ponies to take the mercenaries. "Ah! Finally, we can rid them off our hooves. Show these spurned true Empire justice!" Stone Heart says to the guards.

 No.671080

>>671077
Seeing the already impressive line, I shuffle to the back, grumbling profusely.

"Lines… always with lines, ark-dwellers, never any easier…"

 No.671081

>>671077
>>671080
Veta sits down, enjoying the overly expensive drink.
"Hey, if you could, sign me in while you're up there?"
She smirks slightly as she sips from the corner of her mouth.
"And before you say anything: I AM technically handicapped," she says, waving with a mechanical arm.

 No.671082

>>671081
"Yeah, yeah I'll sign you up. I'll add the others too, one of them probably knows how to play, right?"

 No.671083

>>671082
Veta shrugs.
"I kinda make it policy not to get really close with the patients. And with how they do things," Veta finishes that statement with a chuckle, then quiets herself by finishing off her drink.

 No.671084

>paused

 No.671618

Post sheets.

 No.671619

File: 1471916643668.webm (702.42 KB, 640x360, fallingthroughtheroof.webm)


 No.671620

File: 1471916660797.gif (490.63 KB, 480x270, Nutritional Breakfast.gif)


 No.671621


 No.671622


 No.671623

>>671078
>>671079
>>671619
>>671621
One of the officers begins to escort the prisoners away. "Thank you for your service," the other says gruffly as he follows suit. "We'll make sure they get their due." With that, they leave the area, leaving you alone with the receptionist. She looks up from her writing after a moment, makes a small shooing gesture with her hoof, then goes back to her work.

>>671080
>>671622
The line moves fairly quickly. Most of the Arena's patrons seem to be collecting their bet money from the fight you saw before. From the listing behind the bookmaker at the counter, you can see that the fight was a highly anticipated one, with the fighter resembling a samurai having the nickname Morikawa and the minotaur in the iron mask being named Four Finger Flynn. Apparently the former is a two time championship winner.

Eventually, the line moves up and you get your turn. The bookie is a squat, black furred Dog with crooked teeth, dressed in a sort of tuxedo. His name tag identifies him as Marvin Rivers. "Welcome to the Astral Arena. How can I help you?" he says amicably. "Are you here to place a bet, or to enrol? Or something else altogether?"

>>671081
>>671620
You sit down and have a look around the large, rectangular room, observing the different patrons of the Arena.
At the far end of the room, you can see a gaggle of drunken Changelings whooping and cheering at a race in which one of the vehicles appears to have crashed spectacularly.

At the table behind you, two earth ponies seem to be having a heated argument over the previous fight you witnessed. The names Flynn and Morikawa come up often.

On a monitor, you can see the masked minotaur engaged in another fight. This time he seems to be armed with only a sword and shield, battling what appears to be a giant spider.

Finally, in a corner, you can see a shrivelled, elderly Diamond Dog berating a group of ponies. They seem almost frightened of him.

 No.671624

>>671623
"Well, best get back to the ship." Stone Heart says, heading back out of the building.

>>671619
"Ahh… I hope we have enough time to visit the arena. I would love to put this suit to work!"

 No.671625

>>671623
"Thank you ma'am, have a nice day."

Brimstone leaves the premises.

>>671624
"We're on a job, though. We stopped to drop off this cargo and refuel, not fight in an arena. Is this the best of ideas when our ship is very clearly a Scorned target since day one?"

 No.671626

>>671625
"Yes yes, but you cannot say it would not be fun to bash around a few newcomers, eh?!" Stone Heart heartily chuckles while nudging Brimstone.

 No.671627

>>671626
"Would it not be fun losing our cargo and our status as competent mercenaries?"

 No.671628

>>671623
Veta observes everything going on, seemingly overwhelmed by everything. She mostly sits to make small talk with Risky, but is keeping an ear out at the nearby arguing.

>Discreet eavesdropping

[1d10+3]

"So, Risky, how much do you know about these games? If you want me to show you them and all, kinda need an idea of what I'm working with."

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.671629

>>671627
"You are ehh… how did Sparky call them?" Heart thinks for a moment, smiling once he remembers. "Stick in exhaust pipe." Stone teases.

 No.671630

>>671629
"I'd say I'm a professional, but I'm not vain. I'm a mercenary, not a privateer."

he shrugs,

"Go along if you want, I want to check on the ship, maybe stick around."

 No.671631

>>671623
"I'm here to enroll!"

"My crew and i are dockside for a spell, figured some credits would be nice for the trip."

"Now.. what do we need for this?"

>>671628
"These video games are news to me, manning a ship leaves little time for leisure" i reply from the counter. "Fighting is fighting though, and i learn quick!"

 No.671632

>>671631
Veta gives a hum.
"First chance we get: I'm getting your flank in for some practice rounds."

 No.671633

>>671630
"I still have my duty to follow as well, I was told to check back at the ship first so I will."

 No.671634

>>671633
Brimstone nods, following.

 No.671635

>>671633
>>671634
Your duty completed, you return to the Promise to see what Gunther wanted before. He greets you as you step into the ship with a nod. He seems to have been busy, judging from his disheveled appearance. "What I was going to say before was that the pirates did a number on the engines when they disabled us," he explains. "I already told Blank Card about it. The FTL crystal's chipped and inverted, and the auxiliary conduits are busted. Not to mention the plasma array needs to be recalibrated, which is always a nightmare… Basically, this is going to take a few days or more to fix, so you might as well make yourselves comfortable." He shrugs. "I know we have a mission to complete, but we just can't take off in this state. We're lucky the ship didn't explode before we reached this Ark."

>>671628
You are able to overhear the conversation between the old Dog and the ponies. They seem to be working for him. He seems quite foul-mouthed.

"What do you mean you lost him? He's not a fucking keychain, now is he?" the Dog croaks. "And it's not like he's inconspicuous."

"He was in a crash a few hours ago," one of the ponies mumbles, not daring to look him in the eye. "In the hospital now. Don't worry Mr Rivers, we're not backing out…"

"You bet your balls you're not backing out."

"We already have another fighter lined up," another pony chimes in. "A better one."

"Who the fuck's talking to you?" the Dog snaps. "…I don't care if he's Shining fucking Armor, you can't just change fighters at the last minute."

"B-but you'll still have your fight-"

"NO. I have all bets on Round Robin, not whoever this twit is. So I don't have my fight, do I, you fucking twat?" He stands up. "You're all on thin fucking ice, and I'm going to be under it when it breaks. I'm going to have to cancel all my bets. This fighter of yours had better be worth a rat's arse, or I'm personally going to feed you all to the pigs. Now fuck off."

They exchange a nervous glance and begin to shuffle out of the room. Despite signs informing the patrons that smoking is against the rules, the Dog lights a cigarette, takes a long drag and blows it out his nose.

>>671631
"Just going to need your friends' names and ID proof here." He pulls out a data pad for you to enter all the information required. "Are they here or are you signing them up for later? Because they won't be able to do anything if they're not here in person."

 No.671636

>>671635
>>671634
"Aha! See? We have time to take a trip over to the arena!" Stone Heart exclaims.

"Is there anymore help you need around here Gunther?" Stone Heart asks, deciding he should make sure before heading off to the Arena.

 No.671637

>>671635
>>671636
Brimstone shrugs,

"Guess we can't do anything then. Tentatively legal combat pit it is."

 No.671638

>>671635
"Ah.. frag, they're off handling some mercs we caught trying to off us last ark.."

"Guess i'll wait for the others."

with a shrug, i head back to the seat near Veta.

>>671632
"Sign-up's a bust, need the others to show before we can get in."

 No.671639

>>671635
Veta doesn't say anything or do anything. She simply takes in this information, giving a hum to herself.

In the meantime, she observes the masked minotaur playing. If they get signed up, might be wise to scope out the competition.


>>671638
"Aww, shame," Veta says, not taking her eyes off the screen, "still, I have a good feeling they'll come by. Pretty sure they have no idea this is a game arena, not a gladiatorial one."
She says that last part with a sly grin.

 No.671640

>>671639
"half expected a fighting pit, though that's primitive even for an ark."

"So.. we wear some kind of suit for this? think there's a sleeveless version?" i ask, rotating my talon and chuckling.

 No.671641

>>671636
"Unless you know how to recalibrate an FTL engine's plasma array, I don't think so. Blank Card and I should be able to handle it. In the meantime, you should see if you can find a way to make some money around here. I'm sure there's odd jobs we could take or something like that."

>>671637
"Combat pit?" he parrots. "That's a bit shady, don't you think? You could get in over your head, getting involved in that sort of thing."

>>671638
"Take your time," Marvin says, and goes back to attending the other patrons.

>>671639
He doesn't seem to be fighting another proper combatant at the moment. Presumably the spider is an AI opponent of some sort. Judging by the amount of people watching him, he seems to be popular after his little display in the previous fight. The ticker at the bottom of the screen identifies him as Four Finger Flynn, even though he seems to have five from what you can see.

 No.671642

>>671641
Stone Heart salutes to Gunther before making his way out and to the arena.

 No.671643

>>671641
"Well the rest of the group seems too interested in video games and less interested in actual mercenary work. I'd pull the lone wolf act, but i'm not a… how do you say,"

he looks as Stone Heart begins to leave,

"Well, stick in the exhaust pipe. I'll make sure no one gets killed."

Brimstone waves and shouts a "Good luck with the technical stuff" before following Stone.

 No.671644

>>671640
"I'm sure if you ask, they might." Veta replies, still staring at the minotaur's game.
"Basically, you put on a virtual reality headset. That's how you see and such in the game. The suit transfers your meatspace motions into your avatar's motions. Like if you saw, that big guy over there," she says, pointing the the minotaur, "made a swinging motion when he cracked that other guy's head open like a melon."

>>671641
>>671640
She can't help but smirk at reading the ticker.
"That's right," she says, and looks at Risky, "if you're starting fresh, we need to get you a gamer handle. Something you won't ask tech support to help you change when you realize how dumb it sounds."

As she no doubt listens to Risky's name ideas, her ears twitch a bit to hone in on the old diamond dog causing a bit of a ruckus.

>eavesdropping on the scary, old dog yelling at scared ponies

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.671645

>>671644
"'Handle'? So something like a ship's name, then."

"Hmm… What would I, the dreaded Pirate Captain Risky Hooves, have for a 'Handle'?"

 No.671646

>>671645
"Whatever you want, really. Just, some advice; stay away from the word 'booty.' You might get the wrong kind of attention."

 No.671647

>>671642
>>671643
You leave the ship behind you and begin to search for the Arena Blank Card mentioned. It doesn't take long to find it, seeing how heavily advertised it is. As you enter, you pass a group of nervous-looking ponies muttering hurriedly among themselves
>see >>671062 for a description of the Astral Arena's recreation area

As you look around, you quickly spot Veta and Risky sitting at one of the tables. Veta seems to have made herself comfortable fairly quickly, judging by the drink in her hand.

>>671644
With his cronies having left the building, the Dog has pulled out some sort of data pad and is entering something onto it. You can't make it out from your vantage point. He has brown and white spotted fur, and wears a stained navy blue polo shirt. He reminds you more of some sort of vulture than a Dog, with his scrawny, wrinkled snout and talon-like hands. Interestingly, you notice that he is wearing a ring with a symbol on it that matches the one on the crates on board your ship.

 No.671648

>>671646
"My old ship, the Rogues' Gallery, had a boarding craft called the Gambit, that could work."

"Gambit…That's memorable, right?"

 No.671649

>>671647
Veta doesn't make herself obvious, but a slight brow raise is made at the sight of the symbol, giving a hum as she sips her drink.

>>671648
"Hmm…a bit chess-y for my taste, but those do tend to be," she looks at her with a smug smirk, "'Risky.'"

 No.671650

>>671647
Brimstone walks in, looking for his co workers.

 No.671651

>>671647
Stone Heart makes his way over to the table with Risky and Veta sitting at it.

>>671648
>>671649
"We are back! Gunther has told us it will take a few days to repair the ship. This will give us plenty of time to enjoy the glory of the arena!" Stone Heart says, stepping out of his suit of armor to sit at the table. "So, have you two seen a fight yet?"

 No.671652

>>671649
"..Really?" i ask, rolling my eyes as i laugh.

>>671651
"We have, though it's not what you think. This ark has some sort of arcade game set up, if we make a team and enter their contest we can walk away with a lot of credits."

"you wouldn't happen to know about this game, would you?"

 No.671653

>>671652
"Games? Well, I know a friend of mine who enjoys them a lot. They should be simple for someone like me! So, what sort of game are we playing together?"

 No.671654

>>671652
"What? They say laughter is the best medicine."

>>671650
>>671651
Veta waves the two over.
"Nice timing."

>>671651
"As a matter of fact, yes," Veta says, but she begins typing something on her arm's built in electronics, "that masked minotaur over there, busted a guy's head open nice and quick."

>>671650
>>671652
>>671653
When Veta finishes typing, nice and discreet like, she shows her arm to everyone at the table with a message saying:

>The old, brown dog has a ring with the symbol that is on the crates in the ship.


"Damn, am I going to have to teach everyone how to play this," she says, making no clear attention towards her message in this public setting.

 No.671655

>>671653
"Veta says it's called 'virtual reality'. All the combat we go through without the threat of death if we make a mistake."

>>671654
Eying the screen, i nod, casting a glance over my shoulder at the old dog by the table.

reaching for the keys, i try and peck out a message with my talons

>Keep eye out, sign up then follow if leaves

 No.671656

>>671654
"Play what? More of the video games? Is that what this is?"

He looks at the arm-screen, adding,

"Can I have your contact information?"

he taps on his helmet.

 No.671657

>>671655
>>671654
"Ah! Then it should be no problem for me to win!" Stone Heart says with confidence.

 No.671658

>>671655
Veta just gives a thumbs up.
"Well, if we're all here, I guess we can sign up now. Hopefully get yours hooves and talons wet so we're not totally decimated."

>>671656
"Moving a little quick there, aren't ya slick? At least buy a bitch dinner first," despite the straight face when saying that, she still sends her contact info to Brim.

>>671657
"You're confident. Good. Gonna need that. Half of these games is thinking you've already beat them. If you feel like you're going to lose, then you more than likely will."

 No.671659

>>671658
"This is a bar of sorts, right? You're acting thirsty."

Brimstone chuckles, ordering something fruity for Veta without consulting her, whilst his right talon drums on the table, it's movements syncing with keyboard displayed and hidden within his helmet. He sends a message back to Veta discreetly,

"Probably a sciency type. The crates contents seem to hint at it. We arent supposed to be here so we shouldnt greet them. Continued silent observation."

 No.671660

>>671659
Veta holds up her glass to him with shake, indicating she's got the thirsty thing handled.

She looks at her screen, rolling her eyes up at him and giving a nod.

 No.671661

As you converse amongst yourselves, the Dog gets up from his seat, gathering his belongings and preparing to leave. Before he does, he spares you all a glance. Despite his age, the look on his face could turn you all to stone. Grumbling under his breath, he begins to make his way outside.

>pausing

 No.671882

Sheets!

 No.671883

.

 No.671884

File: 1472435262786.jpg (95.21 KB, 1152x648, balderich.jpg)


 No.671885

File: 1472435305804.webm (1.44 MB, 398x224, what has science done.webm)


 No.671886

File: 1472435357817.webm (3.72 MB, 280x280, Numb.webm)


 No.671887


 No.671888

>>671884
>>671885
>>671886
>>671887
As you sit around the Astral Arena's lobby, the old Dog Risky and Veta saw before stands up and begins to hobble out, mumbling under his breath. You can see a large queue forming at the counter, seeing as the iron-masked minotaur seems to have claimed yet another victory over an opponent. This time it seems to have been two against two, as alongside him is a pony wearing a bandanna over his nose and mouth with two daggers.

>>671884
>>671885
From what you can tell from the various monitors around the lobby, it is not real fighting at all, but rather a simulated experience of some sort. This would explain the legality of such an entertainment.

 No.671889

>>671888
"Come, let us get in line so we may dethrone these 'champions'!" Stone says, getting up to line up for a fight.

 No.671890

>>671888
Gesturing towards the dog with a talon, i make my way back to the counter line.

"Say Brimstone, i think i dropped my cloak back at the entrance, could you look out for it?"

 No.671891

>>671888
>>671890
"I suppose I could keep watch for it."

Brimstone says, shrugging.

"Hey barbot, got something for the on-to-go drunk? Sixpack maybe?"

 No.671892

>>671888
>>671889
Veta finishes off her drink, stretching a bit with a yawn.
"I think I'll join you up there for that. Might as well use my legs a bit before they're possibly replaced."
She then proceeds with Stone Heart up into line.

 No.671893

>>671892
"Wait.. Did you ever get Brim's contact information? Something tells me we should keep in touch with him. That and he'll need a 'Handle' too.

 No.671894

>>671893
"What, you didn't see how fast he was operating on me back there," she says with an almost playful smirk as she taps her arm, right where the smartphone-esque screen is.

 No.671895

>>671893
"Leviathan."

Brimstone says, whilst waiting for his drinks.

 No.671896

>>671895
"Alright, we'll sign you up once we're through with this accursed line.."

"I'm hoping you know something about these 'simulation' games, then?"

 No.671897

>>671896
"I spent two years doing military simulations, I think I'll be good."

 No.671898

>>671891
The robot at the bar is a vaguely anthropomorphic shape, with long arm-like appendages ending in white-gloved hands. Its face acts as the menu, being little more than a rectangular display. It has been dressed up in a nice tuxedo with a maroon blazer to complete the bartender look.
As you make your request, its screen comes to life, displaying a disparity of different beer brands. The most reasonable choice to you seems like the Queen Bee brand, due to its relatively low price and decent quality. The robot reaches down and produces the Queen Bee six pack, a light on where the forehead would be flashing as it scans your face. "Sixteen florins will be charged," it chirps. "Have a pleasant afternoon."

>>671889
>>671890
>>671892
You queue patiently to await your turn, eventually having your turn to speak with the bookie. Risky has seen him before when she went by herself to try and enrol, a squat little black-furred Dog with crooked teeth. The name tag on his vest identifies him as Marvin Rivers. "Welcome to the Astral Arena. How can I help you? Are you here to place a bet, or to enrol? Or something else altogether?" Risky notices he's just saying exactly the same thing he said to her before.

 No.671899

>>671898
"Greetings, Marvin. I have come to enroll!" Stone Heart speaks with some excitement.

 No.671900

>>671898
"Aye, we're here to enroll! This time with an actual team."

"Now, where's the form for this? I'm itching to try my hoof at this 'simulation game'" i ask, grinning widely.

 No.671901

>>671898
Brimstone takes a can a pops it open, starting to sip it as he hooks the rest of the six pack onto his attachable storage compartment. He then heads out the door and starts looking for the dog that recently left, doing recon in the sky.

 No.671902

>>671898
"What they all said. And also get some practice time for all my little nooblets."

 No.671903

>>671901
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.671904

>>671901
>>671903
Due to the Arena's popularity, there is almost always a large crowd hanging around the entrance. Despite your best efforts, you seem to have lost sight of the old Dog amidst the crowd.

>>671899
>>671900
>>671902
He seems rather taken aback by Stoneheart's enthusiasm, but nods all the same. It takes him a while to record all your personal details and signatures as he taps away on a data pad. So as not to stall the line, he leaves for a moment and returns with a very tall and very thin Diamond Dog with black and white spots. His name tag identifies him as Walter Rivers, who promptly starts attending to the other patrons waiting in line. The two are presumably siblings.

"Right, all done," Marvin says eventually. "Is it just the three of you for this, or will there be more on the way?"

 No.671905

>>671904
Brimstone shrugs, and finishes the can of beer, crushing the can and dropping it on the ground. He then picks it up and tosses it in a trash receptacle.

He flies on over to the rest of the party, looking to Marvin.

"Aye, mark me down as Leviathan. Never used this combat simulator specifically, but I have a past of it. Give me the jist."

he turns Risky,

>>671890
"Couldn't find your coat, unfortunately."

 No.671906

>>671904
>>671905
"Well, there's your answer. And that's the last of our little posse, so go ahead and do all that finalizing voodoo that you do."

 No.671907

>>671904
"It is just us, now where and when do we begin?" Stone Heart asks.

 No.671908

>>671905
"Frag… Contact the ship, we've got to let them know what we saw."

"If that dog has something to do with the ship, the rest of the crew aboard might know."

rapping my talons on the table, i sigh. "Hopefully it was nothing."

 No.671909

>>671904
>>671908
Brimstone nods, lowering his helmet as he brings up the typing HUD and simulating typing in mid-air with his left claw, the helmet typing out the message in real time.

'Located diamond dog wearing outfit with the insignia of the crates on the ship. Post status as well as be vigilant if you see him. Unknown intent.'

 No.671910

>>671909
You receive a simple "will do" in response from Gunther.

>>671905
>>671906
>>671907
>>671908
After some clarification that Brimstone's name is Brimstone and not Leviathan, Marvin gets all of the dragon's details and leads you all through a steel door and down a flight of stairs to another area of the Arena. It is a large white room with several cylindrical booths placed at regular intervals. The booths have an interface of sorts to regulate them, and are all interconnected by a series of tangled cables in a disparity of colors running up and through the ceiling. There are also benches with water coolers next to them, presumably for competitors to take a break. In comparison to the sumptuous lobby, this area is rather drab and barebones, with naught but a few workers and cleaning robots milling about their business.

Marvin gestures at a large, bearded earth pony with thick black goggles and a crumpled hat. "Got some rookies here for you, Powder." The pony nods as Marvin hands him the data pad he used to records your details leaves to resume his post.

"Alright, before we get started, I'm going to need some handles for you all. I've already got you down as Leviathan," he says as an aside to Brimstone. "What about the rest of you?"

 No.671911

>>671910
"I am Stone Heart! it is nice to meet you, Powder." Stone Heart greets Powder, deciding to not use a nick name for this fight.

 No.671912

>>671910
"Hmm…"

Taking a seat, i take a moment to decide

"I've got it! What better name than my status?"

"These competitors will come to fear 'Captain' Risky hooves!" i declare, laughing haughtily.

 No.671913

>>671910
Veta looks around a bit, listening to everything going on and being said. Was a pretty decent set up they had going. Her ears perk and her attention is brought to the one named powder.

"Gone Forever M.D.," Veta says as she shakes out some pills as the grump in her seems to be coming back.

 No.671914

>>671911
>>671912
>>671913
He nods as he enters your names. "Right. The name's Powder Keg, and I'll be your instructor for today." He marches over to one of the booths and punches in something at the interface. It slides open with a hiss, revealing a black complex-looking harness with a blue clasp and a strange black dome-shaped headpiece. The harness seems to be designed to suspend the wearer in midair, to allow a full range of movement. Powder Keg begins to put the harness on to demonstrate his actions. "It's very simple," he explains. "You just strap yourselves into this, put the helmet on, turn it on with this button on the side and you'll get plugged into the system. Just move around as you would normally to control your virtual selves. Since you're first timers, you'll appear as you do in reality, but later on you can pay to customize your avatars if you wish."

"Oh, and one other thing." He takes off the harness, fiddling with the clasp for a moment, then walks over to what you had assumed was a table of sorts at the far end of the room. With a few button presses, the smooth, silver rectangular device opens up like some sort of sarcophagus, a glowing blue light coming from inside. "If there's anything you're carrying that you'd like to use in combat, bring it over here and I'll scan it into the system. You'll load in with it nearby, and it should work as intended. Again, we do have a variety of other weapons that can be loaded in depending on the theme of the battle, but I don't know if you want to do that just yet."

"That's about it for how to play really." He closes the device and clasps his hooves together. "As for different battle modes, you can choose to fight either simulated enemies or other competitors. You could even fight yourselves if you so wish. There's one on one, two on two, four on four and eight on eight. There's also sixteen on sixteen, but that's only during team tourneys. They start next week if you're game. Every once in a while, we do a Royal Rumble with 32 competitors in a free-for-all, but we haven't done that in an age. There's other modes like Capture the Flag and King of the Hill as well. Dunno if you need me to explain how those work."

"Now, that's just about everything. Are there any questions? And which would you like to try out? I'd recommend doing a tutorial fight against AI first, since you're new. But if you're confident, I could set you up against another group of four competitors. Or you could fight amongst yourselves even. Let me know which you'd rather do."

 No.671915

>>671914
"Wonderful! I can still test out my suit further!" Stone Heart says with more excitement. "Could you scan my maul and suit into the system? I am most comfortable with these." He asks, moving over to get his equipment scanned.

He turns to the others as well. "So much to choose from! Which mode shall we pick?"

 No.671916

>>671915
"What say we duel each other! If we know our weaknesses, we'll cover each other better."

"Though given Brimstone's Armor, it may be stacked in his favor, seeing what it did to those mercs.."

 No.671917

>>671916
"Why don't we fight together against him and Veta?" Stone Heart suggests for the 2v2.

 No.671918

>>671914
>>671916
"You best be worried."

he turns to Powder,

"The armor's to be scanned. Dunno how you're doing that though. I'll stay during the scan so it doesn't block up your machine once you're done."

 No.671919

>>671917
"Oh? Leave the medic and our strongest fighter on the same team?"

"Why That'd be a real challenge! I like your style, Stone Heart." i chuckle in response.

"Lets do it! They'll see what their Captain is capable of!"

 No.671920

>>671916
"That…is a great idea. I could use a bit of a refresher, honestly," she says, having herself a pre-game lollipop.

>>671917
>>671918
Veta chuckles a bit.
"Ponies versus non-Ponies, eh? Classic."

>>671914
She goes over to Powder Keg, switching the mode on her gloves and ejects a good number of her special syringes.
"Need these scanned as well. A bit rusty, but I should remember how I did this once I'm in."

 No.671921

>>671914
"Got a scanner for prosthetics?" i ask, rotating my talon in it's socket. "Best I've got for close quarters."

Wandering up to the scanner, i drop my shotgun into the scanner as well.

 No.671922

>>671915
>>671918
>>671920
>>671921
The scanning process requires you to remove your equipment and give it to Powder for handling the machine, including your armor and prosthetics. One by one, he fits the gear into the large pod-like device and begins the scanning process, closing the lid. A faint humming fills the air, although only Veta can hear it due to her canine senses. On the scanner's monitor, you can see a 3D render of your equipment slowly forming, until it is indistinguishable from the real thing.

Eventually, the scanning is complete, and you are back in possession of your equipment. "All done," he says eventually. "You'll have to leave your belongings out here, of course. They won't fit inside the booths. Don't worry though, you'll have them in-game once you're submerged." He walks over to some of the booths and reconfigures some of them to fit your body types before opening them. "Before you go in, are you absolutely sure you want to fight each other on the first match? The experience can be a bit disorienting for newcomers. I won't stop you if that's what you want to do though."

 No.671923

>>671922
"Nonsense, it would be good way to get to know one another. As well as figure out how this 'game' works." Stone Heart says, getting ready to get set up.

>>671919
>>671918
>>671920
"I do not plan to hold back, I would not expect the same from you two." Stone Heart says to Brimstone and Veta, giving Risky a salute. "Ready, Captain?"

 No.671924

>>671922
"Give me a non-player combat test. Wanna test the functionalities of your combat sim."

Brimstone says, parking his suit and locking it, exiting it and stepping into the harness.

 No.671925

>>671922
"You know it! I've been itching for a fight since we brushed off those pirates, High time i get into a brawl!"

wobbling about on three legs with my prosthetic stored away, i manage to keep my balance, grinning all the while.

 No.671926

>>671922
"Well, some learn by going in step-by-step, easy does it, all that crap. But these guys," she says, motioning to them as she makes her way into her booth, "they're the dive into the deep end head first type, if that wasn't obvious."

>>671924
Veta raises an eyebrow at Brimstone.
"Non-player? Geez tin can, you're just as green as those two over there with this, AND you have the one who's got some experience with this. Just jump right in with the rest of them."
She grins.
"Or what, my contact info wasn't enough, and now you're trying to impress me now?"

 No.671927

>>671926
"I like to be as familiar as possible."

Brimstone says, holding any other information.

 No.671928

>>671927
"Well you're no fun," she comments as she finishes getting set up.
"Alright, but don't take too long."

 No.671929

>>671923
>>671924
>>671925
>>671926
"Just strap yourselves in and put the headset on. I'll do the rest. Try not to let the simulation get to you by the way. Bear in mind none of it's real. Some people can't really handle it, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Whatever happens next, it'll all be over once you resurface. Like a dream."

>pausing for everyone but Brimstone


>>671924
"Alright, I'll run a quick test fight by you. Just strap in and I'll load one up."

You do as he says, fiddling with the harness and donning the helmet. As you push the button on the side, a visor slides down to cover your eyes. You hear the booth door close, then everything goes black.

After a moment, there is a burst of light, and you find yourself in some sort of city block much like the landscape in Rona. There is nothing around. It is almost entirely silent, save for a distant humming. In front of you appears to be a pony clad in some sort of sleek black armor, wielding some sort of black disc with glowing orange lines all over. They are just standing there, doing nothing at the moment. You suddenly hear Powder Keg's voice echoing throughout the landscape, with no apparent source. "Try and adjust yourself to the movement. The fight will start whenever you give the OK."

 No.671930

>>671929
"Aight, half the time I would do at the test facilities I'd sick myself. And it's been a good decade since the last time I did. This is more to boost my self confidence."

He moves as he would in his suit, trying to tune out the feeling of the harness and feel like he's in his suit again.

 No.671931

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.671932

>>671930
>>671931
Your head swims as you try and get your bearings. You stumble a bit, but after a while you start to remember your training and regain control. On your signal, your opponent springs to life, the suit of armor lighting up with the same neon orange as the disc it wields. Cartwheeling towards you, it throws the disc like a frisbee, hurtling towards you at a surprisingly high speed.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.671933

>>671930
>>671932
After a long and grueling battle, your virtual opponent knocks you to your knees with a flying kick. It raises its disc in the air, sparking with lightning before bringing it down. Everything goes black.

After a moment, you hear the familiar hissing sound of the booth door, and Powder Keg greets you. You feel like you're about to throw up, and your limbs feel like they're made of rubber. "Close fight, that. You doing alright? Resurfacing can be a bit rough on the first few goes."

>paused

 No.672817

SHEETS.

 No.672818

poorly timed bear jokes

 No.672819


 No.672820

File: 1472697349051.webm (819.64 KB, 718x404, literalshitposting.webm)


 No.672821

File: 1472697438848.jpg (467.19 KB, 800x1132, justice.jpg)


 No.672823

File: 1472697630989.webm (494.12 KB, 640x640, Beans.webm)


 No.672828

>>672819
>>672820
>>672821
>>672823
On Powder Keg's instructions, you begin to strap yourselves into the harnesses, donning the black, rectangular helmets. As you activate them, the visors flip down, turning your vision black. The booth doors close with a soft hissing sound.

After a moment or two, you find yourselves standing in the middle of a white emptiness. There is nothing around save for yourselves. You can hear the soft sound of blowing wind in the distance. You have no possessions on you whatsoever, and even your prosthetic limbs are missing. In Brimstone's case, he appears hovering in thin air, standing on nonexistent legs. Suddenly Powder Keg's voice booms out, coming from everywhere and nowhere at once. "Whoops, sorry. Didn't load it in properly. Just give me a minute…"

Silently, great towering skyscrapers begin to rise up all around you, green grass and trees bursting out from under your feet. A stone structure fades into existence in the middle of it all. In a matter of seconds, the area has been transformed into some sort of circular plaza in the middle of a city, complete with an elaborate stone fountain in the shape of the Holy Twins. Brimstone and Stoneheart are standing on one end of the plaza, while Veta and Risky are on the other. Veta, having played this before, has had her arms virtually restored, with no prosthetics. You all have the equipment you had scanned. "Whenever you're ready," Powder booms. "You might want to take a moment to adjust yourselves to movement first though. Submerging can be a bit disorienting the first few times." Stoneheart and Risky's heads swim, dizzied by the experience.

 No.672830

>>672828
>correction
Brimstone and Veta are standing on one end of the plaza, while Stoneheart and Risky are on the other.

 No.672833

>>672828
stumbling around, i grab my head with my talon, trying to refocus.

"Woah…This gets easier, right? Hang on.."

[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.672834

>>672828
>>672823
"This is really why I took a NPC round first. They're gonna have problems adjusting at first. Shall we take the advantage?"

Brimstone says, the palm of his left hand opening to start dripping a greyish liquid.

 No.672836

>>672828
Stone Heart takes a deep breath, letting out a hearty laugh as he takes in the sights around him. "Now this is a sight to behold!" Stone Heart says, spinning a bit with his own head spin, only turning once before attempting to remain steady.

>Remain steady

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.672837

>>672828
>>672830
Veta can be seen, staring down at her 'original' claws/arms and going through almost a trance like state of clenching and unclenching them. She seems to be frowning a bit more than usual, though not in her usual grumpy way.

>>672834
Veta doesn't look at Brim as she speaks.
"I'd say let them adjust a bit. They'll learn the back stabbing stuff in a bit."

 No.672838

>>672834
"Try anything and i'll.. urgh.. I'll take a can opener to you back on the ship!"

 No.672840

>>672837
Brimstone nods, crossing his arms waiting.

 No.672844

>>672833
You stumble and almost fall face first. After a while, your legs don't feel like they're made of rubber, but you're still a bit shaky.

>>672836
You find it surprisingly easy to move around, although you're a bit woozy at first. It's a bit like moving in low gravity.

You hear a faint crinkling sound in the distance, with no apparent source. Presumably Powder is opening some sort of snack and left his transmitter on.

 No.672846

>>672844
Stone Heart beats his hoof against his armored chest once. "I am ready to face you, comrades! I am quite excited to see how well our suits can handle each other, Brimstone." Stone Heart says, his suit beginning to heat up and steam.

>>672838
"Are you alright Captain Risky? Would you like some help?" Stone Heart kindly offers.

 No.672847

>>672844

Shaking my head clear, i turn to face the two across the fountain.

"Well then, Who's ready to clash steel?"

slotting out my shotgun, i load fresh rounds into the barrels, eying the pair.

>>672846
"I've got it, I've got it.. Just needed to pull myself together."

 No.672852

>>672844
Brimstone makes to crack his knuckles, though the action is lost underneath all his armor. His wings launch him upwards into the air, flying over the fountain.

>>672847
"You'll be down before any of our metal clashes, captain hook."

 No.672854

>>672846
Veta's ears perk at Stoneheart.

>>672847
Veta finally looks up from her arms and claws, holding some syringes at the ready.
"Alright then, guess you guys are ready."

She gives Risky a classic 'bring it on' claw motion, clearly letting Risky have the first move.

 No.672856

>>672844
>>672852
>>672854

"Enough standing around!"

kicking off the stones, i make a mad dash towards Veta, firing off both barrels towards her!
[1d10] Ranged

>>672846
"Stone Heart, got anything for flying targets? He's gonna be a problem!"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.672857

>>672856
Veta responds in kind, dashing forward as well to try and catch Risky off guard and jab her with a syringe.

[1d10] Single

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.672858

>>672856
>>672852
"I've got just the thing!" Stone says, pulling out to ready a rivet gun that has been attached to his back. The engine fueling his suit powers up as flames spit out from the exhaust pipes, a hot melted rivet bolt shooting out to Brimstone.

>Marksman Shot: Autocrit

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.672859

>>672856

Brimstone fires off a spray of acid at his opponents, in retaliation.

>Acid Spray: recharge 4, spell; Deal damage to all enemies. You may use this spell while it is still recharging. If you do, decrease the damage dealt by remaining recharge to a minimum of one, and the recharge resets. For example, with a remaining recharge of 2 and a roll of 9 would equal 2 damage (4 - 2 = 2).

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.672860

>>672856
>>672857
Veta's jab misses, and Risky manages to counter with a shot to the chest. However, Veta is too far away for the shotgun blast to be fatal, although she does get hit in the shoulder. Being a simulation, Veta does not feel any pain, although there is some bleeding.
>Veta takes 3 hits

>>672858
>>672859
Brimstone's acid spray fails to work as intended, leaving a silver cloud hanging over the skirmish that quickly dissipates. Stone Heart's shot hits Brimstone square in the chest, causing him to crash land into the fountain, splintering the statue of Celestia into a heavy cloud of debris.
>Brimstone takes 5 hits, helpless

 No.672861

>>672860
Brimstone swears, attempting to stand up
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.672862

>>672860
Stone Heart lets out a war cry as he charges for Brimstone, the suit whirring as the pile bunker begins to build up. "FOR THE GLORY OF CELESTIA!" He cries out, attempting to slam his hoof down into Brimstone, the pile bunker slamming down in attempts to dish out more damage.

>Earthen Strike: Crits on 8+ critfails on 3-

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.672863

>>672860
"Well, you're catching on quick," Veta says, taking a swing at Risky again with a syringe in her fist.

[1d10] Single

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.672864

>>672860
>>672863
Closing the distance, i leap towards Veta, raking my claws upwards and across her!
"I learn fast, and i'll end this faster!"
[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.672865

>>672861
>>672862
Brimstone shakes off the blow, rolling to the side to avoid Stone Heart's swing. While he dodges the brunt of the impact, the shockwave leaves him disoriented for a moment as he pulls himself back up amidst the debris.
>Brimstone takes 2 hits

>>672863
>>672864
Risky once again dodges Veta's strike, countering with a devastating roundhouse punch to the jaw that sends Veta flying.

>Risky is at 5/5

>Brimstone is at 3/4
>Stone Heart is at 7/7
>Veta is at 0/4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrc5lv0O8yo

 No.672866

File: 1472703629503.gif (1.04 MB, 260x146, pesky bee.gif)

>>672865
>>672862
"Pesky bee, you've naught but stung me."

>Adrenaline Injectors: Recharge 3, automatic; The Leviathan Armor delivers a burst of chemicals directly into Brimstone's spinal cord, allowing for him to continue battle with renewed vigor. Brimstone regenerates one wound and up to three hits. Adrenaline Injectors cannot be used while helpless.

5/5

 No.672867

>>672865
Veta lays there a moment, just kinda moving her jaw in an uninterested fashion.
"Hey, just make sure you don't blow your load here and royally screw up in the real thing," Veta replies as she (attempts) to stand back up.

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.672868

>>672865
>>672866
"Ha ha! You are quite the agile one Brimstone! Now let's see how well you can dodge this!" Stone Heart challenges Brimstone, holding up his left hoof, the arm shifting to form a new exhaust pipe that sticks out from his shoulder while another pipe sticks out from under the suit's arm. a small jet of flames vent out from the back while a gout of flames spew from the arm pipe.

>Alchemist Fire: +1 to skills against target if hit.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.672869

>>672865
>>672867

"Oh don't worry, this is just a warm up!"
bounding towards the prone dog, i chamber new round as i fire point blank at the lying figure

 No.672870

>>672869
>>672865
[1d10] Ranged

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.672871

>>672866
>>672868
Brimstone clenches his fists as he feels a rush of energy shoot through his body, revitalizing him for the time being. However, as he does so, Stone Heart engulfs the draconic mercenary in flames, turning him into a living bonfire momentarily. Brimstone is forced to fall to the ground in order to extinguish himself.

>>672867
>>672869
With one swift effort, Veta pushes herself back up from the floor, ready to keep fighting. Instinctively, she dives to the floor again, only barely dodging a point blank shotgun blast. However, she is still winged by it, faltering somewhat as she faces Risky.

>Risky is at 5/5

>Brimstone is at 0/4
>Stone Heart is at 7/7
>Veta is at 2/4

 No.672872

>>672871
"Damnit, stop playing with my toys."

Brimstone says, dusting ash of himself as he attempts to stand again
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.672873

>>672871
>>672872
Stone Heart once again charges at Brimstone, pile bunker whirring as he does. "BUNKER DOWN!" Stone shouts, bringing his hoof down with the pile bunker onto Brimstone once again.

>Earthen Strike: crits on 8+ critfails 3-

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.672874

File: 1472704909363.jpg (42.5 KB, 460x214, Blow Me.jpg)

>>672871
Veta thinks for a moment, stowing her syringes away as she attempts to dig quickly into the ground.

While underground, she keps an eye out for some virtual goodies.
>Gem Hunter
[1d10+3]

She then burrows her way back to Risky, attempting to drag and bury her up to her neck.
>Try and slow this Risky down with shenanigans
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.672875

>>672871
>>672874

seeing veta disappear into the dirt, i quickly make my way back to Stone Heart, reloading my saw-off as i run.

>>672873
"How're you holding? Veta went under ground, looking for her

 No.672876

>>672875
"Then let her feel this earth shatter!" Stone Heart says during his charge for Brimstone.

 No.672877

>>672872
>>672873
Brimstone pulls himself back up, despite his mounting injuries. As soon as he does so, however, he is met with another mighty punch from Stone Heart which knocks him into the fountain again, reducing the statue of Luna to rubble.

>>672874
You look long and hard, but there don't seem to be any bonus items anywhere. The dirt is too hard for you to be able to dig through right now as well, although with some elbow grease you could eventually do it.

>Risky is at 5/5

>Brimstone is at 0/3
>Stone Heart is at 7/7
>Veta is at 2/4

 No.672878

>>672877
Brimstone is silent this time as he gets up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.672879

>>672877
>>672878
>>672875
Brimstone brings his hoof back up, only to reach around and grab his Rivet Gun once more. His suit heats up, flames popping out again from his back exhausts as he charges up for another molten rivet shot. "I am charged once more! I will keep Brimstone pinned down!" Stone Heart communicates to Risky.

>Marksman Shot: Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.672880

>>672879
>>672878
Stone Heart fires near Brimstone, intent to keep him pinned to the ground with a warning shot.

 No.672881

>>672879
Don't tell me what my character can and can't do!
>Brimstone brings his hoof back up, only to reach around and grab his Rivet Gun once more

 No.672882

>>672879
"Aye, and I'll see if i can sink my claws into him!"
>>672877
>>672878

leaping atop the downed dragon, i try and tear into him with my talons!
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.672883

>>672877
Waving her claws around, she gathers she didn't quite grab Risky this time. She peeks up momentarily, long enough to dig to the action pile and attempt to drag Stone Heart into the ground this time. Sure he'd be an easier target with all that armor.

>attempting buried up to neck thing again on Stone Heart

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.672884

>>672878
You are still winded from the attack and fail to recover.

>>672879
>>672880
You do as you do.

>>672882
You just sort of brandish them menacingly as he tries and fails to pull himself up.

>>672883
You start trying to dig around Stone Heart, but it's difficult to pinpoint his exact location while working underground. You think you've grabbed him at one point, but it's just Luna's severed leg.

>Risky is at 5/5

>Brimstone is at 0/3
>Stone Heart is at 7/7
>Veta is at 5/5

 No.672885

>>672884
streamlined post
stand up [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.672886

>>672884
Veta grumbles, tosses the leg aside, and repositions. But this time, she attempts to jab Stone Heart from underground with a syringe.

>Melee, Single

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.672887

>>672884
>>672885
Noticing Brimstone starting to recover, Stone Heart lets out a hearty chuckle before charging for Brimstone. His hoof raises up once more for another Bunker Down.

>Earthen Strike: crit on 8+ critfail on 3-.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.672888

>>672884
>>672885
"Ooh no, you're not getting up that easily!"

reloading my shotgun, i fire off both barrels at Brimstone as he gets back up!
[1d10] Ranged

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.672889

>>672885
>>672886
>>672887
>>672888
Brimstone manages to get back up, sidestepping Risky's shotgun blast but taking a glancing blow from Stone Heart's lunge. As soon as he is done swinging at Brimstone, Veta pops up and jabs him hard in the small of his spine, making effective use of a crack in his armor. The impact almost fells the enormous pony, bringing him tumbling down momentarily.

>Risky is at 5/5

>Brimstone is at 4/3
>Stone Heart is at 2/7
>Veta is at 5/5

 No.672890

File: 1472707692612.webm (2.36 MB, 480x360, notunusual.webm)

>>672889
>>672888
"I am getting up this easily."

Brimstone says coldly, activating his Adrenaline Injectors again.

>Adrenaline Injectors

 No.672891

>>672889
>>672886
Stone Heart takes the blow, only falling over into a kneel before forcing himself back up onto his hooves. "Good strike my comrade! Now, let me show you my own!" Stone Heart says, bringing up his flamethrower to spew it onto Veta.

>Alchemist Fire: +1 to skills against target if hit.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.672892

>>672889
>>672890
"Think you're all set in that armor of yours, eh?"

"I'll cut you open like a can of tuna!"
closing the distance, i pull back my talons before raking them across his armor!
[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.672893

>>672892
"You don't cut open cans of tuna."

 No.672894

>>672889
>>672891
"Surprise," Veta says, backing up from Stone Heart a bit, "I'm back."

She gives a snap of her claws, that being her in-game activation of the syringe taking a forceful extraction.
>Parasitic Arrow parasite attack
[1d10]

Veta just smirks at Stone's declaration of trading strikes, readying another syringe. This time, she rushes the mighty Stone Heart to jab him again.
>Lifestream, benefits from Single Weapon Tag
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.672895

>>672893
"A can-opener, you know what i mean!"

 No.672896

>>672890
You feel the familiar rush of energy as you revitalize yourself.

>>672891
>>672892
>>672894
Veta manages to duck back into her hole in time, not getting a single hair singed by Stone Heart's gout of flame. Seizing the opportunity, she jumps back out once it's over and launches a syringe. It clatters uselessly off his thick metal plates. Stone Heart uppercuts Veta, knocking her over again. However, Risky takes the opportunity to leap on Stone Heart's back, clawing at him frantically. The impact sends the giant toppling with a resounding crash, yet again destroying a nice garden of flowers in the process.


>Risky is at 5/5

>Brimstone is at 5/5
>Stone Heart is at 0/6
>Veta is at 0/4

 No.672897

>>672896
Veta gives a slightly annoyed sigh.
"Now why was I worried about you guys not being used to this," she asks outloud as she (attempts) to stand back up.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.672898

>>672896
>correction
Risky leaps onto Brimstone's back, clawing at him and sending him toppling with a resonant crash.

>Risky is at 5/5

>Brimstone is at 0/4
>Stone Heart is at 2/7
>Veta is at 0/4

 No.672899

File: 1472708701177.webm (3.88 MB, 640x360, perfection.webm)

>>672898
upsy daisies
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.672900

>>672898
>>672899
Deciding to not attack a medic while they're down, Stone Heart turns his attention onto Brimstone. With another Bunker Down charge.

>Earthen Strike: Crits on 8+ critfails on 3-

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.672901

>>672896
>>672899
"Gah! What is that armor made of?!"

furious, i unload two more rounds into Brimstone in retaliation!
[1d10] Ranged

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.672902

>>672901
"Fuck if I know!"

 No.672903

>>672897
>>672899
You are both too winded from the attacks to recover.

>>672900
You charge up another strike, not holding back as you slam into Brimstone while he's down.

>>672901
Your shotgun jams, sparking in your face. It blinds you momentarily, and the sparks cause some smarting.

>Risky is at 3/5

>Stone Heart is at 2/7

>Brimstone is at 0/3

>Veta is at 0/4

In the distance, you hear the faint sound of munching popcorn.

>pausing

 No.673160

Post sheets.

 No.673161

File: 1472868611721.webm (3.69 MB, 640x640, Puppers.webm)


 No.673162


 No.673163


 No.673166

File: 1472868858659.webm (476.37 KB, 1102x620, killurself.webm)


 No.673170

>>673161
>>673162
>>673163
>>673166
Your sparring match continues, rampaging throughout the virtual plaza. The fountain of the Holy Twins has been reduced to rubble, the ground is riddled with holes from Veta's digging, and many of the trees have been knocked askew.

>>672901
>>672903
>correction
Your shotgun jams, sparking in your face and blinding you momentarily. Brimstone manages to kick at you while you're distracted, knocking your legs out from under you and sending you falling to the ground.

>Risky is at 0/4

>Stone Heart is at 2/7

>Brimstone is at 0/3

>Veta is at 0/4

 No.673172

>>673170
Grumbling a bit, Veta attempts to pick herself back up.
"I can tell I'm gonna need to down half the bottle when I get back to meatspace."

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.673174

>>673170
Brimstone stands [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.673175

>>673170
still furious, i try and get back onto my hooves, blinking the blindspots away.
[1d10]
"simulated gun failures? what kind of sim is this!"

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.673177

>>673175
"A real life simulation," Veta calls back, "designed to screw you over just as much and hard as real life itself would."

 No.673181

>>673174
Stone Heart readies his flamethrower once again, giving Brimstone a spray of flames to keep him pinned down. "Things are heating up!"

>Flamethrower: +1 to skills next turn if target is hit

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.673182

>>673172
>>673175
You pull yourselves back up with ease.

>>673174
>>673181
Brimstone is still out of breath from the pummeling he received from Stone Heart and Risky; however, he still manages to roll out of the way of Stone Heart's flamethrower, narrowly avoiding getting incinerated.

 No.673185

>>673182
"Well, seeing as how the boys are having their fun again," Veta gets a syringe ready and runs at Risky, getting ready to stick it in her.

>Single

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.673186

>>673182
stand pls [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.673187

>>673182
>>673185
"Yeah, where were we?"

"Oh yeah! it was me kicking your flank!"

back on my hooves, i rush Veta, clawing at her hide with my talons!

[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.673188

>>673182
>>673186
This time, Stone Heart charges for Brimstone with his Maul ready to smack him back down or at least startle him back to the ground.

>Basic Attack with maul

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.673192

>>673185
>>673187
Veta goes in for another syringe stab, but Risky swats it away with her metal hoof, reaching for her face. However, Veta manages to backhand her, following up with a stab to the shoulder with a syringe and pushing Risky to the ground flat on her back.

>>673186
>>673188
Brimstone manages to roll out of the way of Stone Heart's attack again, leaving a deep maul-shaped crater in the wake of his ground pound.

>Risky is at 0/3

>Stone Heart is at 2/7

>Brimstone is at 0/3

>Veta is at 5/4

 No.673193

>>673192
you've activated my stand, Stand Stand can you do the Stand Stand [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.673196

>>673192
>>673193
One of these just has to succeed.

>Marksman Shot: Autocrit

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.673197

File: 1472871636004.webm (3.41 MB, 853x480, crit.webm)


 No.673198

>>673187
>>673192
"Cute, but I'm not a pony, so good like hitting mine when there isn't a target to go after," Veta says, pointing to where a cutie mark likely would be if there were any on dogs.

See her downed, Veta takes the chance to pounce on her with a syringe.
"Stone over there may have mercy, but I'm a bit…hypocritical."

>Single

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.673200

>>673192
>>673198
trying to juke her syringe, i scramble to get back onto my hooves!
[1d10] Recover
"You sure you're trying to hit me? Seems like your aim is off!" i smirk, dodging another jab

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.673202

>>673193
You swiftly pull yourself up, standing tall despite your mounting wounds, raising your fists defiantly. You feel like you could do this all day.

>>673196
Your rivet shot glances Brimstone's shoulder, pinging off his armor and ricocheting into a tree.

>>673198
>>673200
Risky dodges Veta's pounce, but fails to dodge her followup jab, deeply piercing her side.

>Risky is at 0/2

>Stone Heart is at 2/7

>Brimstone is at 0/3

>Veta is at 5/4

 No.673203

>>673202
>Adrenaline Injectors: Recharge 3, automatic; The Leviathan Armor delivers a burst of chemicals directly into Brimstone's spinal cord, allowing for him to continue battle with renewed vigor. Brimstone regenerates one wound and up to three hits. Adrenaline Injectors cannot be used while helpless.
ayy lmao

 No.673205

>>673202
Stone Heart charges forth at Brimstone once more, seeing as how he might as well keep smacking away at the regenerating dragon. His Pile Bunker charges up for another Bunker Down.

>Earthen Strike: Crits on 8+ and critfails on 3-

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.673206

>>673202
>>673200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMeAo9Zmuxg

"Well, it has been awhile since I played. I might be a bit rusty," Veta says, attempting another syringe jab on the pony she's likely pinning under her by now.

>Single…again

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.673208

>>673206
>>673202
struggling under Veta's virtual weight, i try and throw her off of me!
[1d10] Recover
"Paws off, Veta! You're not going to knock me out of this that easily!"

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.673209

>>673203
>>673205
Brimstone revitalizes himself with another burst of newfound vigor, backstepping out of the way of Stone Heart's charge.

>>673206
>>673208
Veta manages to jab Risky while she's down, this time in the chest. Despite it all being a simulation, Risky can't help but feel fearful.

>Risky is at 0/1!

>Stone Heart is at 2/7

>Brimstone is at 5/4

>Veta is at 5/4

 No.673210

>>673209
"You can't win, I just keep coming back."

Brimstone says, firing off another spray of acid.

> Acid Spray: recharge 4, spell; Deal damage to all enemies. You may use this spell while it is still recharging. If you do, decrease the damage dealt by remaining recharge to a minimum of one, and the recharge resets. For example, with a remaining recharge of 2 and a roll of 9 would equal 2 damage (4 - 2 = 2).

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.673211

>>673209
"Uh, Stoneheart? I could use some help here.."

Glaring at the diamond dog sitting on top of me, i try and fail to move my virtual body futilely.

 No.673213

>>673209

I continue to struggle under Veta, trying to psh her away!
[1d10] Recover..?

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.673216

>>673208
>>673209
Veta grins, leaving the syringe in her for now.
"Sorry 'Captain,' but pretty sure you're already dead," and at that, Veta gives a snap of her fingers to let the syringe do its thing.
>Parasite attack
[1d10]

>>673209
>>673205
Perhaps filled with a bit of confidence, Veta gets another one ready and swaggers her way over to Stone Heart with, what she assumes is, a fresh kill…in virtual.
"Maybe you should've hit me while I was down," she says and attempts to stab him in the back like a French spy.

>single attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.673217

>>673209
>>673211
Stone Heart storms forth, moving in front of Risky to defend her. "I will protect you!"

>>673216
Stone Heart holds up his Flamethrower, spewing out flames to deter Veta away.

>Alchemist Fire: +1 to skills next turn if attack hits

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.673221

>>673213
>>673216
>>673210
>>673217
Despite the beating delivered to her, Risky pulls herself back up, her claw whirring in anticipation. She powers through the otherwise deadly injection through sheer willpower, hanging on to virtual life for now. Stone Heart canters away from Brimstone's deadly mist, staying out of the silver spray and scorching the cocky Dog. Veta ducks and avoids the worst of the flames, managing to maneuver around Stone Heart and backstab him with another needle. Weakened by the blow, the giant collapses, crushing a perfectly good flower bed in the plaza.

>Risky is at 3/1

>Stone Heart is at 0/6

>Brimstone is at 5/4

>Veta is at 3/4

 No.673222

>>673221
"Augh… again? What is with all of these flowers?!" Stone Heart grumbles loudly, attempting to get himself back up.

>Recovery

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.673224

>>673221

"Almost got me there, Veta."

floating the shotgun towards her, i unload both barrels into the back of her head
"Almost."
[1d10] Ranged

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.673226

>>673221
"Freeze."

>Dragon Breath: Recharge 2; targets an enemy in front of you with dragonflame. At creation your breath is given an elemental effect of your choice (ICE). A dragon can use his breath to magically send messages as long as there is a previous magical link set up between sender and receiver. (without this option a dragon can only produce a small jet that does no damage whatsoever and is mostly useless outside of combat). You can target multiple enemies as with Cleave without increased Crit Fail range, but the Recharge is increased by 1 for every additional target, maximum 10 targets.

> Ice: A target hit by ice grants an increased crit range for the next turn (10 becomes 9+, etc); this ice effect does not stack. Ice spells can be used to chill and freeze objects and the environment.
>gets recharge 3 because targeting both enemies
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.673227

>>673221
Veta twists and looks at her scorched back, almost looking like something out of a cartoon.
"Well THAT was unpleasent," she remarks, snapping her fingers for the syringe to make another draw of virtual life fluids.

>parasite attack on Stone

[1d10]

Meanwhile, Veta takes a quick moment to use the syringe from Risky to inject herself and heal off the burns.
>Automatic, 2 hits of 2 hits saved up used.

>>673224
"Don't you worry. I haven't gotten a malpractice suit for not finishing a job," she says with a grin, inhaling deeply and grinning widely as she's healed up.

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.673229

>>673222
>>673224
>>673226
>>673227
Not one to be felled easily, Stone Heart pulls himself back up amidst the ongoing chaos, only to be weakened by Veta's activated injection. Brimstone's frost attack further freezes his armor, making it difficult to move for a moment. Risky is blasted also; she can almost feel the cold enveloping her. Meanwhile, Veta quickly jabs herself in the leg with the syringe, feeling a burst of energy rush through her.

>Risky is at 1/1

>Stone Heart is at 4/6

>Brimstone is at 5/4

>Veta is at 5/4

 No.673231

>>673229
"Now then."

Veta tosses a syringe up in the air as she, once again, swaggers over to Risky.
"Normally I'd offer you a lolli, but I didn't run any of those through the scanner so…yeah, I'll give ya one later."
And with that, Veta swings a (possibly) decisive blow against Risky.

>single

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.673232

>>673229
>Simmer: spell; Spray a target with a quick cloud of unmixed chemicals. This skill does half damage, but has +1 for every other skill you have on recharge.
[1d10+3] critDC-1 Stoneheart


"Simmer down, Stone."

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.673233

>>673229
>>673231
Feeling death approach, i fire off the last few rounds i can before the end
[1d10] Ranged
"Frag, you got me.. but i can leave with a parting gift!"

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.673234

>>673229
>>673232
"Instead… how about I BUNKER DOWN!" Stone Heart roars, charging at Brimstone once more in attempts to bring virtually non-existant pain onto him.

>Earthen Strike: Crits on 8+ critfails 3-

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.673239

>>673231
You manage to take cover behind a tree to avoid Risky's shot before dashing forward and stabbing her in the chest. She almost instantly goes limp and falls to the ground before fading away after a moment.

>>673233
Veta manages to take cover from your shot and rushes towards you with needle in hand. All of a sudden, everything instantly goes black, and you find yourself greeted by the soft hum of the game booths. The door opens with a hiss, and you find yourself back in the white room where you started. You're feeling a little dizzy from the experience, but otherwise you're okay. You can hear your allies grunting and shouting in the other booths as the fight continues. Powder Keg is nowhere to be seen, although you can hear him eating somewhere nearby.

>>673232
>>673234
Stone Heart tanks through the chemical burst, even though it begins to eat through his armor and burn his flesh. He brings his hammer down with as much strength as he can muster on Brimstone, crushing him in one powerful blow.

>Risky is out

>Stone Heart is at 1/6

>Brimstone is at 0/3

>Veta is at 5/4

 No.673241

>>673239
"Nice shot, too bad it doesn't matter in the long run."

Brimstone says, standing [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.673242

>>673239
"Just one left," Veta says, turning to Stone Heart with another syringe at the ready, "let's see how well that armor holds up."

Veta then uses one of her previous tunnels to try and get the drop on him, knowing just running at him would be a stupid thing to do.

>Single on Stone Heart

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.673243

>>673239
>>673241
>>673242
"I will not falter, show me everything you've got!!" Stone Heart boasts, aiming at Veta to shoot a molten rivet her way.

>Marksman Shot

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.673245

>>673239
climbing out of the booth with some difficulty, i shakily make my way over to my prosthetic, re-attaching it with practiced ease.

seeing the room is empty, i make my way towards powder keg, following the noisy eating.

 No.673247

>>673241
You took a pretty heavy beating from Stone Heart, and are too weakened to be able to get back up just yet.

>>673242
>>673243
Stone Heart hears Veta coming up under him and instinctively fires off a shot in her general direction. It hits her right in the gut as she pops up, leaving a deep injury that almost kills the Dog instantly. She is left slumped over the tunnel exit, struggling to recover from the grievous injury.

>Stone Heart is at 1/6


>Brimstone is at 0/3

>Veta is at 0/2

>>673245
You head through an open door marked 'Authorized Personnel Only', where you find Powder Keg watching the ongoing fight on a huge wall-sized monitor. He is reclining in a swivel chair with his hooves up on the desk, munching away happily on a box of what looks like microwave popcorn. Nearby is a fridge and a pantry. He jumps slightly at the sound of your footsteps and swivels around in his chair to greet you, spilling popcorn everywhere in the process. Almost immediately, a small, dome-shaped robot rolls out from under the desk and vacuums the mess before retreating.

"Hey, good fight," he says to you, smiling through his bushy beard. "Not bad for your first time ever. I was rooting for you two. Hopefully the big guy can scrape through, although he does have a solid opposition." He gets up, pulls over another swivel chair and offers you some of his popcorn.

 No.673249

>>673247
Getting hit by that shot wasn't pleasent, and one can see Veta scrambling her claws and feet to get a solid footing within her hole.

>Recovery from helpelss

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.673250

>>673247
>>673249
"I will avenge Captain Risky!" Stone Heart shouts, his Pile Bunker charging up once more to slam down onto Veta.

>Earthen Strike: Crits on 8+ critfails 3-

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.673251

>>673247
[1d10] up

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.673253

>>673247
"Yeah, didn't count on her syringes, those needles pack some power."

taking a seat next to him, i float a few pieces nearby as i watch, crunching away with interest.

"Long as Brimstone's acid cannons keep misfiring Stone Heart has a chance. Should have seen what it did to some mercs we fought, not pretty."

 No.673255

>>673249
>>673250
With an almighty heave, Veta pulls herself out of the tunnel, ducking as Stone Heart lunges at her with his pile bunker.

>>673251
You take the opportunity to clamber to your feet while Stone Heart is distracted by Veta.

>Stone Heart is at 1/6


>Brimstone is at 5/3

>Veta is at 5/2

>>673253
"Yeah, but your friend there has that adrenaline injection he uses. He just keeps bouncing back no matter how hard he gets pummeled. I don't think the acid spray will matter as much, the big guy just has to keep him down for good."

There's a moment of silence as the two of you keep watching the ongoing fight. Both Veta and Brimstone are up now, and Stone Heart looks like he might topple soon. "Pretty varied getup, you four," Powder comments. "You lot aren't from around here, are you? You do tend to stick out a fair bit. 'Specially those two." He gestures at Stone Heart and Brimstone.

 No.673256

>>673255
>>673250
Veta takes the moment to do a fancy turn while avoiding that last attack and attempt to jab him with the syringes again.
"I'd worry more about myself if I were you right now," she dully says.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.673257

>>673255
Stone Heart turns his attention back to Brimstone for a moment, attempting to blast him with a gout of fire.

>Alchemist Fire: +1 to skills next turn if hit.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.673258

>>673255
>>673257
"No no no, this is how it's done."

>Alchemist Fire: +1 to skills next turn if hit.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.673259

File: 1472878925953.webm (2.21 MB, 533x300, goldbond.webm)


 No.673263

>>673255
"Yeah, varied would be the best fit for us."

chatting through a mouthful of popcorn, i float a few more pieces into my mouth without looking, loudly crunching

"They really didn't mention where they're from, actually. All I know is they're the crew i've got till our job is through or we're spaced somewhere along the way."

 No.673268

>>673256
>>673257
>>673258
Brimstone dodges Stone Heart's blast of flame, countering with a spray of his own that roasts the pony in his suit of armor. This coupled with another stab from Veta causes him to fall down again, unable to move for a moment from his mounting injuries.

>Stone Heart is at 0/4


>Brimstone is at 5/3

>Veta is at 5/2

>>673263
Powder Keg frowns. "So you don't really know them, but you're working on a long mission anyway? At least I'm assuming it's a long mission." He watches as Stone Heart gets brought to the ground by a team effort from Brimstone and Veta. "Well, I suppose this is as good a way as any to get to know each other better." He smirks and eats some more popcorn. "Well, I don't know how long you guys are going to be here, but there's quite a bit of money to be made in matches if you bet on yourselves, or get someone to sponsor you. Just putting it out there in case you're in need of some extra bucks. Though you'll want to watch out if you're going to get into that. Some of the richer clients put a lot of money on the line, and don't take kindly to being robbed of a victory."

 No.673269

>>673268
>>673257

"Sorry, does that burn? Let me cool you down."

>Dragon Breath, Ice

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.673270

>>673268
>>673269
"Ha ha! Your jokes are as funny as your slippery feet!" Stone Heart talks back, sarcasm hidden behind his joyful tone. He attempts to recover from his previous injuries.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.673272

>>673268
"Why that's exactly what we're aiming to do! Nothing like adding a few extra florins for the journey, right?"

"Don't suppose you know what kind of competition we'll face? My crew and i like to be prepared before we charge headfirst into a fight."

 No.673273

>>673268
Veta does the usual snap of her fingers, but doesn't try to jab Stone Heart again. Seems like she wants to watch the two armored guys duke it out for a bit.

>parasite attack only on Stone

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.673274

>>673269
>>673270
>>673273
Stone Heart rises to his hooves, shrugging off the devastating blast of ice and powering through Veta's parasite attack. He is faltering and his armor is beginning to malfunction, yet he remains valiant.

>Stone Heart is at 3/3


>Brimstone is at 5/3

>Veta is at 5/2

>>673272
"Well, we do have the team tourneys coming up soon, although that's the day after tomorrow. Don't know if you'll be around for that. A lot of folks come in during that though, it's always a spectacle. There's a bunch of regulars that face off otherwise - Morikawa, Gravedigger, Four Finger Flynn, Django, The Bloodhound, and Magnus mostly. There's almost always some rookies like yourselves looking to try their luck, so I'm sure we could arrange for 4v4 matches. There's also AI enemies you could get matched up against, if you don't feel confident enough to try against other players. Oh, and there's also racing, but I don't think that allows for team gameplay."

 No.673275

>>673272
>>673274
"Sit back down."

>Alchemist Fire: recharge 1, spell, ranged; Concoct a flame that produces virulent smoke and can latch onto anything, even water. In addition to damage it gives +1 to skills against that target for the next turn.

[1d10] CritDC-1

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.673276

>>673274
Wanting to watch them go at it, Veta actually walks away from the fight a bit, digs a shallow hole, and makes a makeshift lounging area for herself to watch the two, armored behemoths fight each other.
"Now if only there was a good looking guy to feed me some steak," she says as she gets comfy.

 No.673277

>>673274
>>673275
"I will not!" Stone Heart roars, charging forth to give Brimstone a blow of his Pile Bunker.

>Earthen Strike: Crits on 8+ critfails 3-

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.673278


 No.673279

File: 1472882361006.webm (2.56 MB, 853x480, helpless.webm)

>>673278
whoops, meant

 No.673280

>>673276
You get comfortable as you watch the two big guys duke it out.

>>673275
>>673277
Brimstone's nozzles malfunction, spitting out a harmless smoke cloud. Stone Heart charges through it and delivers a brutal smackdown, sending him flying with a single punch. Brimstone crashes into a tree, cracking it at is base from the impact. It groans dangerously as it threatens to fall on him.

>Stone Heart is at 3/3

>Brimstone is at 0/2
>Veta is at 5/2

 No.673281

>>673280
Don't tree me, that's for Timber's game [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.673282

>>673280
>>673281
Stone Heart brings his maul down onto Brimstone in attempts to finish him off.

>Basic Attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.673283

>>673280
>>673281
>>673282
"Yes, fight for my amusement," she says with a smug smirk, stretching out in her little comfy spot.

 No.673284

>>673281
>>673282
Brimstone tries to roll out of the way of the attack, but he's not fast enough, getting slammed by Stone Heart's hammer yet again.

>Stone Heart is at 3/3

>Brimstone is at 0/1!
>Veta is at 5/2

 No.673286

Brimstone struggles to get back up, only to get shot in the chest twice by Stone Heart. With only him and Veta left in the match, the two engage in an intense brawl. Time and again, Veta dodges the junker's swings, countering with deft jabs with her deadly needles. Her dance is cut short by a powerful blast of Stone Heart's rivet gun, which bowls her over from the impact. As the titanic earth pony raises his maul to finish off his opponent, Veta scrabbles to dodge it, sliding under Stone Heart and kicking his legs out from under him before delivering a fatal needle stab into his temple. The humble doctor stands victorious as her opponent's body fades, clutching her signature needles in victory.

>pausing

 No.673909

Post sheets!

 No.673910


 No.673911

File: 1473473916603.webm (1.22 MB, 426x426, tacticle dog drone.webm)


 No.673912

File: 1473473985822.webm (2.23 MB, 320x240, The Title Of This Light H….webm)


 No.673913

File: 1473474021987.webm (1.56 MB, 640x360, POTG.webm)


 No.673914

>>673910
>>673911
>>673912
>>673913
After being pulled out of the simulation, Stone Heart, Veta and Brimstone pull themselves out of the harness and take a moment to recover before joining Risky in a nearby room. This seems to be Powder Keg's workplace, if it can be called that. It mostly consists of a desk with an enormous monitor, alongside a cupboard and a fridge. Several posters depicting what you assume are renowned fighters line the walls, and under the table can be seen some sort of small dome-shaped cleaning robot.

"Hey, that was a pretty impressive show you guys put on," says Powder Keg, absent-mindedly picking a piece of popcorn out of his beard. "Good stuff for first timers. Wasn't expecting it to end that way, I thought the big guy had it in the bag for sure." He gestures at Stone Heart. "Better luck next time, friend." He pulls out some sort of holographic data pad and begins entering something on it. "So, did you guys want to do another round of fighting, or try against other competitors? Or something else altogether? There's a few options you can choose from…"

Veta and Brimstone suddenly get a notification from Gunther, Veta's arm suddenly beeping loudly as the message comes through.

 No.673915

>>673914
Brimstone checks it within his helmet

 No.673916

>>673914
>>673913
"That was some good stuff back there," Veta says, patting him on the back with her real-world cybernetic arms. Although she's talking to him and doing something friendly, her eyes seem more focused on her own arms and she had a seeming melancholy tone.

Her attention to then grabbed by the beeping.
"You guys decide. I need to take this."
She steps aside a bit.
"Hello, you reached the desk of Dr. Veta. My office is currently closed, and I don't feel like giving my hours for you to pester me," she 'greets' as if she's answered her calls this way one too many times before.

 No.673917

>>673914
"Well.. first off we'll be entering into that tournament here, by the look of it we have and armored draconic ace in the hole." i reply, nodding towards brimstone.

"In the mean time, you got any other bouts we can fight, four on four?"

 No.673918

>>673914
"Ah but it was still a glorious battle! We should try having a rematch sometime." Stone Heart says, stretching a bit after the fight.

>>673917
>>673916
"Yes, we should enter the tournament and win together this time. Do not forget you have two armored ace in holes." Stone Heart says, tapping on his nearby suit of armor.

 No.673919

>>673915
>>673916
It's a message from the Promise. It reads as follows: "Dogs came asking about the crates on board. Said they worked for an art dealer. Should meet up soon to talk this over."

>>673917
>>673918
"Hm…" He takes his data pad and pulls it in opposite directions. It smoothly expands to make for a larger screen. He frowns in concentration as he scrolls through it for a moment. "…I could set you up for a 5v5, actually, but that'd have to be tomorrow. You'd be paired up with another rookie, and you'd all be about on the same skill level. We're all booked out for the day. Sorry. Would you want to do that, or…?"

 No.673920

>>673919
Brimstone leaves for the Promise, not speaking up on to why he's leaving to the guy who runs the game, simply drinking a beer and closing the helmet.

 No.673921

>>673919
"Hmm.. Another rookie, eh?"

tapping my talons in thought, i nod.

"Very well! We'll take the rookie aboard and make it a 5v5."

 No.673922

>>673919
"That sounds good to us, it would be entertaining to fight with someone new." Stone Heart says, climbing back into his suit.

 No.673923

>>673919
>>673921
>>673922
Seeing Brimstone leave, Veta looks to the others.
"Hey, you guys do whatever. Me and Brim here need to go check on something."

With that, she follows Brim to the Promise.

 No.673924

>>673923
"Fine by me, I'll sign you two up." i reply, shrugging.

"Don't get lost out there!"

 No.673925

>>673924
"What is this? Medieval times? We've got electronic junk to prevent that," Veta yells back, raising both arms up so one can point at the other.

 No.673926

>>673921
>>673922
"Sounds good to me," he says as he begins to enter your details, pursing his lips. "I'll book youse in for midday tomorrow. Leviathan, Stone Heart, The Captain, Gone Forever and one other tagalong, versus another team of rookies. Should be interesting. Be there or be square."

"Oh, by the way," he adds before you leave, "this one isn't going to be a private fight like today's was. Patrons are going to be watching you. So, er, no pressure."

>>673920
>>673921
>>673922
>>673923
You bid farewell to the Astral Arena for now and begin making your way through the sprawling metropolis back towards your ship. The weather has been changed to overcast, a gray fog following you as you navigate the neon-lit streets in relative silence. You are only about 20 minutes walk from your destination, and soon arrive at the clunky, vaguely insectoid vessel. You can see the loading ramp already open. Presumably the rest of the crew have been busy while you were gone. As you approach, Gunther and Blank Card pop out to greet you. The latter seems to have been hard at work, judging from the state of her clothes and coat. She is wearing some sort of welding helmet, only with a circular optical device that seems to be able to rotate between different magnifying lenses. She flips it up as you arrive. Her face seems to have gotten stained with some unidentified black substance. "Had fun at the arena?" she asks as she moves aside to let you in.

 No.673927

>>673926
"tell me of the dog."

 No.673928

>>673926
"It was bittersweet," Veta replies with a yawn, "but we can tell you all about that later. How about you tell us what the deal with this art dog is, and how much he is charging for a bunch of paint splaters he wants to call 'art.'"

 No.673929

>>673926
"Aye, we've got the four of us signed up for a bout tomorrow, five against five with another rookie."

"How goes the ship? Any luck with the engines?"

 No.673930

>>673926
"It was wonderful, Blank Card! We decided to fight one another, everyone is quite amazing in a fight." Stone Heart boasts for everyone. "Would you like help with repairs?" Stone Heart offers.

 No.673931

>>673927
>>673928
"Dogs in plural, really," Gunther says. "About 5 or 6 of them came by asking to talk to the captain. Shady looking types. They said this ship had some cargo that belonged to their employer. I told them the captain wasn't around, so they said they'd stop by later. They left this." He shows you a business card of some sort. It has a logo on it matching the one on the crates. The name listed is Marvin E. Rivers. Seems to be a businessman and art dealer, from the information provided. There is an address and contact number listed. "I've heard of this Rivers guy," Blank Card adds. "Very important figure on this Ark. Reclusive sort. Has his hands in the Arena business, and a bunch of other businesses aside. Never heard of him being interested in art though."

"I tried to open the crates myself and see what was inside," Gunther continues, "but they seem to be magnetically sealed. They'd need a number code of some sort to open."

>>673929
"Sounds like fun," Blank Card comments, wiping off some of the black substance with a cloth. "We might pop by, if we can make any progress. We're still working at it, but this ship is ancient. I wasn't expecting the FTL crystal to be as cracked as it is. We might have to buy a new one, but those cost a small fortune."

>>673930
"We should be able to handle it between the two of us," Gunther replies. "Too many cooks and all that. Although, if you get the chance to go down to the marketplace, I'd appreciate it if you could bring us a new hydraulic wrench. The one on board's starting to rust."

"Speaking of the marketplace," Blank Card says, "I took the liberty to stock up for the journey. Got plenty of food on board now, enough for at least six months. So help yourselves if you're hungry."

 No.673932

>>673931
"Thank you miss Blank Card, I will enjoy a meal after taking a trip to the market. I might buy myself a few new tools to keep this suit functional. How much do you think it might be, Gunther?" Stone Heart asks Gunther.

 No.673933

>>673931
"I don't like this.. That dog might be closer than we think."

"I'll stay here in case he shows his mug again, that and i could go for some grub."

making my way up the boarding ramp, i start moving towards the makeshift kitchen. "I'll grab a bite then head down to help you, see if we can make do with what we've got."

 No.673934

>>673931
"Then borrow Blank's welder and cut it open," Veta replies simply to Gunther as she looks at the business card.

"Then I think we best have a chat with this Rivers person."
Veta's stomach growls a bit.
"Right after a bite, of course. You better have remembered my ribs, causing fighting with these nooblets really worked my appetite up."
With that, Veta heads into the kitchen as well.

 No.673935

>>673932
"Oh, it shouldn't cost too much," he replies. "Only about 40 florins or so."

>>673934
"I would, but I'd rather not risk it," he replies curtly. "What if there's something volatile inside?"

>>673932
>>673933
>>673934
As you enter the main hold, you can see that it has been somewhat refurbished since last you were here. The previously drab interior has been refitted with a series of couches and chairs around the central table. The storage compartment has been remade into a makeshift larder, with a cupboard, a working fridge and a Polybius Instant Oven with a tiny Celestia bobblehead on top. You can see the raw chicken from before inside the microwave, now roasted and ripe for eating. Slumped on one of the couches is Lem, with one of the chicken's legs dangling from his limp hand. If it weren't for his loud snoring, you'd think he was dead.

>paused

 No.675226

Sheets!

 No.675227


 No.675230

File: 1474423161555.webm (333.33 KB, 640x360, spooky.webm)


 No.675233

File: 1474423577946.jpg (1.24 MB, 900x1271, Veta Supporting Trump At T….jpg)


 No.675238


 No.675250

>>675227
>>675230
>>675233
>>675238
You are in the Promise's main hold, having a look around the newly refurbished interior, complete with a larder of sorts. To Veta's satisfaction, she finds some pork ribs in the freezer. "I don't know what got into him," Gunther comments, rubbing his head and nodding towards the snoring Lem. "He took one bite of that and was down for the count. …Anyway, what were you lot planning to do next? Before your fight tomorrow, that is. There's still the issue of Marvin, whoever he may be, and what he w-"

He trails off as he hears a faint beeping noise coming from the cockpit. "Er, just a second. I'll just go sort this out."

 No.675255

>>675250
"Our contact is not this Marvin, so we will refrain from keeping contact. IF they increase their visits, we'll start a guard shift and keep them away forcefully."

Brimstone says, underneath his helmet,

"We do what our employer asked us to, and this is not part of the mission."

 No.675257

>>675250
"I could take a trip to the market to bring back the hydraulic wrench. After that, protecting the ship will be my priority. Anyone want to come with?" Stone Heart asks to the crew.

 No.675260

>>675250
Veta does some quick checks on Lem's vitals, just to make sure sleeping was all he was doing right now.
"Oh him? He clearly didn't get my memo. I drugged that chicken with some anesthetics and planned on giving it to those space pirates back then. However, they ended up running off instead, and I meant on getting rid of it. But due to lack of time to do so, I just warned everyone to not eat it."
She pats Lem's head as she takes the rest of the chicken away.
"Seems like he took care of most of it for me. Such a good boy, right?"

>>675250
>>675255
She goes over and microwaves up some of her requested short ribs.
"Well I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I think I'm going to give this Marvin a call," she says, looking over the business card again as the ribs cook.
"If he's sniffing around here, he might know what's here, and I'm rather curious what it is we have here."

 No.675262

>>675260
"Should we have let the Scorn in earlier today, then? Let them look at the crates all willy-nilly?"

 No.675263

>>675262
Scorned*

 No.675265

>>675262
"They were looking to take the crates, not just look at them. Entirely different from these guys, who could've easily started roughing the place up while we were gone."
One of Veta's ears stay perked towards the microwave.
"If they're being that civil as to not ransack the place while I kicked your asses, then a little call and chat seems like a nice thing to give back."

 No.675266

>>675265
"Civil just means their professional, not brutes. Can't you have a chat at a coffee shop or something, not here?"

 No.675269

>>675266
Veta gives a groan.
"The spoonfeeding I do…," she mumbles, but still loud enough to be heard (likely on purpose).
"Hence the call to them. Do you get it yet? They're not here, we're here; I call them and chat, and if things go good, maybe a lunch date can be set up."

"Do you get it yet? Is two and two equaling four in your display now?"

 No.675272

>>675250

"we'll need to find just where this dog is and what he's planning."

"any idea if we can open these crates? what could be in them?"

 No.675273

>>675272
"I already suggested a welder, but Gunther is too chicken to try it."

 No.675275

>>675273
"What're the odds these crates are rigged to blow, hmm? If anything it'll deter that dog, knowing what he was after is gone."

 No.675276

>>675272
"Do you expect full pay if the crates are tampered with? You're supposed to be a mercenary, not a sneak-thief."

Brimstone says, nonplussed

 No.675277

>>675275
"…right, sure. And we get paid…how when we don't have the crates? Sexual favors?"

 No.675279

>>675277
"..Right, right. Our pay."

"Fine then, call 'Marvin' and ask him just what he's doing poking his nose in our business."

 No.675281

>>675260
From what you can tell, Lem's going to be fine, only out of it for a while.

You prepare the ribs in the Instant Oven, an incredibly simple affair. You simply put them on a plate and fiddle with the settings on the device for a bit. After pressing a large green button, the door unlocks with a ding sound, and the aroma of freshly cooked ribs quickly fills the ship. "Careful, they're hot," Blank Card comments with a smirk as she passes by carrying a box full of tools.

>>675257
Unfortunately, it seems like you'll be on your own for that one.

>>675255
>>675260
>>675272
"Looks like there's no avoiding him," Gunther says as he comes back. "One of his cronies just sent us a message. They're coming in now." He shrugs. "Might as well go see what all this is about."

Sure enough, you hear the faint hissing sound of the hangar doors opening, and several faint footsteps coming from outside. Gunther goes and grabs a pistol, tucking it safely in the inside of his jacket before poking his head out of the loading ramp.

 No.675282

>>675281
Stone Heart shrugs, making his way to the market place to pick up the wrench for 40 florins.

 No.675283

>>675281
Brimstone waits outside the ship for the cronies.

 No.675284

>>675281
Slinging my shotgun openly across my back, i head towards the hanger, looking grim.

"Now, lets see what this is all about.."

"Gunther, stay on alert. If things go south, arm the guns and send them packing."

 No.675285

>>675279
"I will once I get some lunch," she says, looing at the time remaining and rubbing her robot claws together.
"If there's one thing that still brings me joy besides pills and owning noobs…."

>>675281
"Careful, they're 'sharps.'"

Grinning slightly, she takes the ribs and inhales the aroma.
"Ahh, enough preservatives and salt to make cancer get cancer."
At the sound of footsteps, Veta walks over to the loading ramp to greet the visitors. She still carries the ribs with her, being as bold as to blow on a piece of cool it off a bit.

 No.675286

>>675284
Gunther nods in approval of your plan, heading back towards the cockpit. "Best if you do the talking really."

>>675282
>>675283
>>675284
>>675285
As you emerge, you see the wizened old dog from the Arena standing outside, along with three of his presumed henchmen. You hadn't gotten a good look at him before, but there is something slightly eerie about the way he carries himself. Despite his obvious considerable age, he carries himself as if he were in his prime, standing straight with with both hands on a long black cane. You can clearly see the ring on his finger with the symbol on the crates. He has dressed himself in a simple business suit, and seems to be wearing a necklace of some sort under it.

On either side are two other Diamond Dogs. One of them is a tall, burly sort, with beady eyes and pronounced cheekbones. He looks vaguely similar to the old dog. The other, the elder of the two, sports a thick neck and a large, square jaw. Both of them are dressed in similar business suits, sporting earpieces and handguns in holsters at their hips. The third member of the entourage is a blue, lumpy-looking earth pony with a long mane that covers most of their face, making their gender somewhat unclear.

The old dog's small, bloodshot eyes dart around the hangar before focusing on you, looking from one to the other. There is a moment of silence before he finally speaks. "I've come to claim what's mine," he croaks. "Which one of you is the captain here?"

 No.675287

>>675286
"You do not have business aboard the Promise, please vacate or we will make you leave by force."

 No.675288

>>675286
"Ah, greetings!" Stone Heart greets, not showing any signs of hostility to the group. "I do not believe we were informed of more deliveries, may I ask your name? I am Stone Heart." He introduces himself with an extended metal covered hoof.

 No.675289

>>675288
"Doesn't matter as long as they're not connected to Think Tank."

 No.675290

>>675289
"You must treat guests kindly still. It is polite." Stone states.

 No.675291

>>675290
"Then we be polite and let him 'claim what's his'?"

 No.675292

>>675287
"Opening with hostility? Shame."

>>675286
Veta stares the dog down, even as she begins to chew a piece of rib.
"And what, exactly, is yours to claim? Nothing against you, but we're not too keen about having strangers look around all willy nilly. Like I'm pretty sure this one," she motions to Brimstone, "hasn't put his girly mags away. And not sure if you'd want to be looking through my unmentionables."
Through it all, she kept her usual, grumpy face.

 No.675293

>>675286
"Aye. i'm the captain of this vessel."

"To what do i owe our suspicious visitors? I doubt Think Tank would neglect to inform us of your being here."

 No.675294

>>675291
"I said nothing about letting him 'claim'. But I do not threaten anyone who knocks on our door."

 No.675295

>>675294
"The only people that've knocked on my door before have been trouble."

Brimstone grumbles.

 No.675296

>>675295
"Then maybe you should stop threatening them." Stone Heart jokes, nudging the grumbling dragon.

 No.675297

>>675287
"I have every business aboard the Promise, it's my ship. And my hangar. Now shut your mouth and let the grown ups talk." Behind him, the pony who looks like neither a mare nor a stallion scribbles a quick note on a datapad.

>>675288
The burly Dog instinctively twitches to grab his gun as you move towards the old Dog. He ignores your offer to shake hands - or hooves, in your case. "Marvin Rivers, Sr. The pleasure's not mine."

>>675292
>>675293
Marvin stops and thinks for a moment. "So you're the crew he put together, are you. You must really be out of the loop. That or you're all disabled." He snorts. "Think Tank's an idiot to put his dream mission in the hands of strangers like you. You should've done your research before taking this job." He takes a few steps towards you. "After he ran out of funding for his mission, he started turning to me. We worked out a few deals here and there, and he provided some skills I sorely needed in one of my lines of work. I let him use this ship for his stupid dream. Small investment on my part, obviously. I don't know why he never told you about any of this. Maybe he didn't trust you, and hoped you wouldn't come here.
"It doesn't matter now," he grunts. "What matters is you work for Think Tank, you work for me. Now, it's a good thing you happened to stop by here, because you're carrying some very valuable cargo that was meant to reach me a long time ago. It's none of your business what's inside, but you'll be in my good books if you hand it over without making a fuss. Now do as I say and we'll get along just fine."

 No.675298

>>675296
"They come to threaten me about paying taxes, they start it."

 No.675299

>>675297
"Proof, then. Call up Think Tank and I'll move aside, anyone can walk up and talk."

 No.675300

>>675297
"Oh? so old Think Tank got himself indebted to you, then?"

"He was very thin on the details from the start, i'll give you that. I don't suppose you can somehow call him to check? If you can i'd like to give him an earful over leaving mission critical info out of the briefing.."

 No.675301

>>675297
Stone Heart doesn't act defensively even with a gun aimed at him, understanding the dog is just doing his job. "Ah, well then. I am sorry for the trouble, Mr. Marvin Rivers. Here, allow me to help, is there anywhere you would like me to set your cargo?"

>Roll to move Marvin's Cargo if crew allows it and if needed.

>Tough: Able to carry or move heavier objects.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.675302

>>675301
Brimstone stops Stone.

"No, if I said I was your mother would you immediate accept it without question?"

 No.675303

>>675302
"Our job is to protect Think Tank's cargo, yes? Then I am sure we can part with Marvin's cargo if it belongs to him. Look, his ring shares the same picture on the cargo."

 No.675304

>>675297
"Hmm…that would be well and good. That said, we we're hired to take this elsewhere that isn't here," Veta says, eating another piece of rib and staying where she was as he advanced.
"Handing it over to you, well, that would just mean a waste of our time, now wouldn't it. Of course, I'm sure you think this whole thing has been a waste of time for you."

"Tell ya what, I'll cut to the chase with you. You show some form of documentation saying you are who you say you are, since we did have a run in with pirates, and you can't trust those sneaky shapeshifting fleas. You do that, and I think we'd be more than happy to hand over this crap if we get compensation in return."
She eats another piece of rib seemingly apathetically.
"Well, I would be. Can't say the same for the ones with me."

"Doesn't even have to be florin, could even be a favor that a being of your position can easily accomplish."

"So what do you say, Mr. Rivers. We have a deal?"

 No.675305

>>675304
>we were hired

 No.675306

>>675303
"And I could staple a picture of your face on my armor and call you my slave, this is a reality where 3 dimensional printing is real, you could make a ring like that in an hour."

 No.675307

>>675306
"Now you are just sounding paranoid."

 No.675308

>>675307
"You're sounding idiotic, for someone who's cargo was attempted to be stolen by the Spurned literally minutes after we left with it. This clearly is something of value, enough to kill over."

 No.675309

>>675308
"I am a trained engineer, calling me an idiot means nothing." Stone Heart says with a smile.

>Racial: Tough

 No.675310

>>675299
>>675300
>>675304
Marvin blinks in surprise, then laughs. It is an unpleasant wheezing sound. "So maybe you do have some brains after all. Maybe you're not as dense as I thought." He gestures towards the pony of indeterminate gender, who passes him the data pad. He pulls an earpiece of his own out of his pocket and fiddles with the pad for a moment, holding it up to his face. "…Think Tank? …Yeah, it's Marvin. I've got this ship here. The one I gave you. It's got some right lackwits on board who don't know who I am. Why did you leave me out of your story, now? You know I feel left out." He turns the datapad to face you. You can see a holographic image of Think Tank's face. He looks very anxious and nervous, avoiding the camera. "I think they've got a bone to pick with you," Marvin grunts. As do I, for that matter. The cargo was supposed to be here two weeks ago, and it's only by complete chance that I got it today.

"…Bah, forget about it. The important part is it's here now. You really should have explained things to your crew though. I'm just glad this whole mess is cleared up now. I'll be in touch soon." With that, he presses something on the data pad and hands it back to his henchman. "You satisfied now? In case you haven't caught on by now, I'm a big deal. Don't worry about Think Tank, by the way. I mean, I'm going to have to punish him for this somehow, obviously, but he'll be alright in the long run."

>>675301
You head back inside and begin taking the crates out. There are four of them in total, surprisingly lightweight affairs that offer almost no resistance as you push them along. "At least one of you knows how to do things around here," Marvin sneers. "Owen, go get a forklift so we can be done here."

"Yeh, dad," the thick-necked Dog mumbles as he moves away for a moment.

"See how things are so much easier when you just talk to people?" Marvin says to you all. "Now we're both happy and nobody got hurt. I'll be on my way in a minute, but don't think you've seen the last of me. We'll definitely be in touch."

"Oh, and by the way. I'm holding out for you lot in the match tomorrow. So don't disappoint me, because I don't like that."

 No.675311

>>675310
Stone Heart brings out a crate as Marvin mentions the arena match. "Ah! Then we should fight twice as hard, would not be bad to impress investors!" He says.

>>675308
"See? Nothing to worry about."

 No.675312

>>675310
Brimstone shrugs,

"I'm gonna get my pay out of Think Tank regardless. Now then, who's up for more battle sim?"

 No.675313

>>675311
"It's wise to trust those who pay you until proven otherwise. My paranoia remains validated."

 No.675314

>>675310
"If you're planning to bet on us tomorrow, double down. Trust me, it'll be worth the credits."

keeping an eye on the crate moving, i head back up the ramp to fix myself something to eat in the kitchen. "Now then, back to scrounging for a meal, all that brawling has me starved!"

 No.675315

>>675314
"Wonder how we get off the planet…"

Brimstone muses.

 No.675316

>>675315
"Well, our engines are fried and we've yet to find replacement parts. barring a miracle we're stuck for now."

"That prize money could buy us a new engine.. But we wouldn't have any left for spending."

 No.675317

>>675310
Veta gives Think Tank a more cross look than usual, going as far as pointing a fork at him before eating more ribs.

"Oh yes, quite satisfied. I'm also glad no shooting occurred because this doctor's office is closed for the day," she replies back to Marvin, finishing her little meal up.
"And don't worry about the matches. For a bunch of newbies, they're pretty good."

"Staying in touch, huh? Careful, I might accept that offer," she says with no change to her grumpy tone.

>>675310
>>675312
>>675311
Veta wipes her mouth of any prepacked rib sauce that might be on her muzzle.
"Hmm, I'm up for some more. Gotta make sure you guys are good to go."

"Guess I'll go on ahead and get us a spot. Keep up the good work boys," she says to all the ones moving crates around, and tosses the container away as she makes her way back to the arena.

 No.675318

>>675316
"I mean, it is -his- ship though."

 No.675319

>>675318
"Pssh, not like he'd want it back in the state it's in. we'll think of something if he plans to take back his ship, hopefully."

 No.675320

>>675316
>>675318
>>675319
"Maybe we could bet on ourselves to earn extra florins? I am not one for betting, but I trust in us to win!"

 No.675321

>>675311
>>675312
>>675314
>>675317
"That's right," he says, unimpressed by your bravado, looking out of the corner of his eye as his son Owen returns with a forklift and begins to load the crates on himself. "I've already had to lose a lot of money today. You don't really have a choice here but to win. Otherwise…" He trails off as he looks at Veta for a moment. "Hold on. You're not one of mine, are you?" He doesn't wait for an answer as he looks at something on his data pad, scrolling through for a moment. He purses his lips. "…Nah, didn't think so. Too pretty." The wrinkled old Dog leers at Veta unpleasantly, showing stained orange teeth before handing the data pad back to his androgynous henchman and turning away, motioning for his posse to follow as he makes his way out of the hangar.

Blank Card pokes her head out, wrinkling her nose and frowning in disapproval as the group walk away. "Ugh. Well this is bad news," she comments. "Not only are we stuck here, but we're going to have to put up with that creepy old guy for who knows how long. I'll be sure to work double time so we can get out of here ASAP."

 No.675322

>>675321
"Well, back to what I was doing! I shall be back shortly for a nice hot meal when I get that wrench." Stone Heart says, continuing to make his way to the market place.

 No.675323

>>675320
"We'll check the odds and payout day off. Who knows, there might be some 'tampering' from a certain higher up we just got in good graces with."

>>675321
Veta doesn't respond as he seems to have answered his own question, not even to the 'too pretty' part. She just continues on her way to the arena to reserve some spots to get another round or two in with the others.

 No.675324

>>675323
>>675321

Brimstone follows, popping open another beer on the way.

 No.675325

>>675322
It is not difficult to find the marketplace, seeing as most roads eventually lead downhill into it. It is a large district in this part of the Ark, a vibrant series of roads full of a disparity of citizens peddling their goods to passers-by. Most of them are in large, colorful tents with hand-made signs denoting the nature of their stores. Many of the merchants are accompanied by robots of some sort to scan your face for payment. The streets are crowded, and you struggle to make your way through the virtual sea of citizens to find what you are looking for.

It doesn't take you long to find a vendor selling repair tools, a small, pot-bellied goat with a lazy eye. After a bit of haggling, you manage to secure a hydraulic wrench for only 32 florins. It seems to be in good enough condition to last a while.

>>675323
Alongside Brimstone, you make your way back to the Astral Arena to try out a sparring match between you two. The lobby seems to be less busy now, with only a few small groups of patrons watching the ongoing matches. You can see that one of the challenges in a match is being grouped into two teams, and being made to fight for control of a central area. Essentially a game of King of the Hill.

You move downstairs into the contestants' area, where you find Powder Keg still hard at work watching the match. Interrupting his extremely busy schedule, you ask to be set up for a 1v1 duel, to which he agrees and begins to calibrate the booths for your game.

>pausing

 No.675328

>>675323
>>675324
After taking your time to get set up, Powder Keg loads you both into a virtual arena to do a sparring match. You find yourselves facing off on the rooftop of a large skyscraper. It is approaching nighttime and it is raining lightly, presumably for dramatic effect. There are other rooftops that you could jump or fly onto during your fight, with most of them having structures on top such as antennae or cooling vents to use for cover.

 No.675329

>>675328
Veta gives a huff, snapping out of her seemingly meditative trance of staring at her 'real' arms and claws again. She looks at Brimstone, getting a syringe ready.
"You better have been paying attention to me earlier," she says to him, "now bring it."

She rushes up at Brimstone, looking to stab at a weak spot in the armor with the syringe.
>Single
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675330

>>675328
Brimstone sidesteps, flaring his wings as he shoots acid from his left claw at Veta,

"You better give your all, this is practice for tomorrow."

[1d10] Acid Spray

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675331

>>675329
>>675330
Brimstone manages to dodge out of the way of Veta's lunge, countering with a spray of corrosive mist. Veta scrambles away before it can do any damage, causing it to dissipate harmlessly after a brief moment.

 No.675332

>>675331
"Oh right, like I'm going to go easy just because you bought me a drink earlier."

She goes in for another stab at him.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675333

>>675332
"Please, next time I'll order you a Salty Dog. It fits your personality."

his helmet's draconic image sprays forth an icy mist from where the mouth would be
[1d10] Dragon Breath
>Ice: A target hit by ice grants an increased crit range for the next turn (10 becomes 9+, etc); this ice effect does not stack. Ice spells can be used to chill and freeze objects and the environment.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.675334

>>675332
>>675333
Veta's needle pings off of Brimstone's armor. He retaliates by freezing Veta in place for a moment with his ice breath, making it difficult for her to move properly.

>Veta is at 1/5

>Brimstone is at 5/5

 No.675335

>>675334
Veta shivers a bit, shaking some icicles off her fur.
"Geez, that wasn't very ice of you," she says deadpan, still continuing her syringe-based assault.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.675336

>>675335
"Yeah, you're not looking to hot. I can fix that, though."

he blasts her with his right claw's flamethrower

>Alchemist Fire (crit 9)

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.675337

>>675335
>>675336
Tiny shards of virtual ice go in every direction as Veta stabs at Brimstone again, managing to get one through a small crack in his armor. He shrugs it off and unleashes a gout of flame on her, forcing her to drop to the ground to avoid being roasted on the spot.

>Veta is at 0/4

>Brimstone is at 4/5

 No.675338

>>675337
"Flatterer," she quips back as she tries to get back up.

[1d10]

As she tries to stand, she gives a snap of her claws, signalling for the syringe to do its thing.
>'Parasite Attack'
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.675339

>>675338
"Flatterer, yes, but you're just flat."

>Simmer

[1d10+3] (2 recharge, 1 from alchemist fire)

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.675340

>>675338
>>675339
Veta does a combat roll to get back on her feet, dodging Brimstone's blast of steam easily. The dragon finds himself suddenly weakened by the needles' deadly effect, faltering for a moment.

>Veta is at 5/4

>Brimstone is at 1/5

 No.675341

>>675340
Veta preps up another needle in her claws.
"Its the pills. They help level me out like that. You want some after I'm done with you?"

And she takes another swing at Brimstone with the syringe.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.675342

>>675340
>>675341
"No thanks, I've got this."

Brimstone says, feinting fainting before one of the nanosilicon containers that follow down his spine inject the yellow liquid it contains into his body.
>Adrenaline Injectors

 No.675343

>>675341
>>675342
Veta manages to jab Brimstone again. He takes a knee for a moment before pulling himself back up again, weakened but still ready to keep fighting.

>Veta is at 5/4

>Brimstone is at 3/5

 No.675344

>>675343
"Yeah, I figured as much."
She gets another syringe ready.
"Guess this'll be a battle of attrition then, won't it?"

She rushes the recovering armored dragon to jab him again.

[1d10]

While her free hand gives another snap and trigger the syringe still lodged in him.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.675345

>>675344
>>675343
"I assumed as much when we started."
more acid sprays from his right claw
[1d10] acid spray

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.675346

>>675344
>>675345
The combined double attack causes Brimstone to fall and stay down this time, but not before he releases an acid spray at Veta. It blinds and stings at her, making her trip over some exposed piping as she retreats.

>Veta is at 0/3

>Brimstone is at 0/4

 No.675347

>>675346
"Clever, I'll give you that."

Brimstone rises [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.675348

>>675346
"They don't let just anydog graduate med school, you know."

Veta springs back up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.675349

>>675347
>>675348
You both fail to get up, Brimstone banging his head against a spiral ventilator. It makes his head spin for a moment.

>Veta is at 0/3

>Brimstone is at 0/3

 No.675350

>>675349
"You didn't really graduate, did you?"

Brimstone says, rubbing his head.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.675351

>>675349
"My 'Doctor' title has two meanings, so yes, I did. Also took some fun extra courses."

Veta attempts to pick herself back up again.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.675352

>>675350
You manage to get back up, although you're still a bit dizzy.

>>675351
You're too winded to be able to recover.

 No.675353

>>675352
"Ahh geez. I really have lost my touch if I'm winded this soon."

>stand up and fight!

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.675354

>>675352
>>675353

"Pardon me, I'm going to try to give us a change in scenery ."

Brimstone says, walking over to Veta, jumping up, and trying to smash her down via heavy, armored foot into the floor below, following her with the attack.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.675355

>>675353
You still can't muster the strength to pull yourself up.

>>675354
With all the force you can muster, you slam down on the hapless Dog. At first nothing happens, but presumably Powder Keg pushes some buttons behind the scenes to make your attack that much more dramatic. With a loud crack, the concrete roof buckles under your strike, bringing you and Veta plummeting down onto the top level. It is an office of some sort, with a series of bright white identical cubicles lining the room. Many of them are destroyed as a large portion of the roof collapses, leaving the two of you on top of a pile of concrete rubble. A cloud quickly begins to form, coating the both of you in fine grey dust.

>Veta is at 0/2

>Brimstone is at 0/3

 No.675356

>>675355
Veta coughs in the rubble, but once she's done coughing, she actually starts to clap.
"Damn, I would say save that for tomorrow, but that was pretty damn good."
Veta still attempts to get back up.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.675357

>>675356
>>675355
"It'll be a different map anyways, I'll make the most out of whatever I'm given."

Brimstone says, picking up Veta by labcoat wrapped around her waist, hoisting her head near his head level,

"No offense of course, thank whatever deities there are that this is a simulation. I'd rather save this for faceless mercs, but I'll consider this bonding time."

he then tosses her into a cubicle.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675358

>>675356
>>675357
Veta is buried in some of the rubble, and struggles to pull herself out to no avail. Brimstone forcibly pulls her out and tries to toss her away into a cubicle; however, Veta breaks free of his grasp and hits the ground again, landing on all fours.

>Veta is at 0/2

>Brimstone is at 5/3

 No.675359

>>675358
Veta laughs a bit.
"Getting a little frisky there, don't you think? I mean, dang, not sure what kind of bitch you think I am."
She gives a grin as she tries to laugh herself up a bit to a standing position.

>wil humor allow her to stand?!

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.675360

>>675359
"An old one."

Brimstone says, trying to toss her again.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675361

>>675359
>>675360
Apparently laughter isn't the best medicine after all, as you struggle to pick yourself up fruitlessly. She does manage to duck and avoid a swipe from Brimstone, however, saving her from an untimely demise.

>Veta is at 0/2

>Brimstone is at 0/3

 No.675362

>>675361
5/3 FUCK

 No.675363

>>675361
Veta rolls away a bit after ducking, still trying to get back up.
[1d10]

"Dang, did you mess up the game's coding with that last hit or what?"

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.675364

>>675363
Brimstone looks up at nothing in particular,

"Hey Powder Donut, tip the RNG in our favor would ya?"

Brimstone says, deciding to just punt Veta this time.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675365

>>675363
>>675364
Veta finally manages to pull herself back up, feeling ready to deliver a beatdown despite her mounting injuries. She casually steps out of the way of Brimstone's kick, unfazed by her beating.

>Veta is at 5/2

>Brimstone is at 5/3

 No.675366

>>675365
Veta exhales, finally pulling out another syringe.
"What? You saying you need outside help to beat me now?"

Her pointy assault begins once more.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.675367

>>675366
"Nah, just didn't want to beat my opponent whilst she took a nap on the floor for a few minutes."

Brimstone says, switching back to his acid sprayer now that Veta is up.
[1d10] Acid Spray

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.675368

>>675366
>>675367
Veta manages to jab Brimstone again in the same armor gap, causing minor injuries to the dragon. Brimstone responds with another spray of acid mist, which Veta catches the full force of if only for a moment. It is enough to cause no small amount of injury to her, although she keeps on trucking for now.

>Veta is at 1/2

>Brimstone is at 4/3

 No.675369

>>675368
Veta shakes herself off of whatever acid is left on her fur.
"Aww, you're too kind," she replies sarcastically, taking one of the syringes that attacked Brimstone and jabbing it into herself.
>Automatic, healing 3 hits. None remaining.

As she feels herself revitalized a bit, she grins and gives another snap of her claws.
>parasite attack
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.675370

>>675369
"You're lucky I don't have any diseases. Don't know what my cold blooded… well, blood will do with your mammalian stuff. Not that it'll be pumping for much longer."

Brimstone says, chilling her to the bone with a spray from his helmet.

>Dragon Breath

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675371

>>675369
>>675370
Veta injects herself with a similar substance to Brimstone's own adrenaline boost, revitalizing her for the time being. Brimstone falters again, trying to unleash another spray of frost on his opponent. She scrambles out of the way, taking cover under a nearby desk.

>Veta is at 1/5

>Brimstone is at 4/3

 No.675372

>>675371
Brimstone groans as his back arches, more adrenaline pumping directly into his spinal cord.

"Rrrgh, that stuff smarts when you don't expect it. If you're getting tired you can always concede."

He says, temporarily inert whilst the adrenaline pumps back into his bloodstream.

 No.675373

>>675372
>drenaline Injectors: Recharge 3, automatic; The Leviathan Armor delivers a burst of chemicals directly into Brimstone's spinal cord, allowing for him to continue battle with renewed vigor. Brimstone regenerates one wound and up to three hits. Adrenaline Injectors cannot be used while helpless.

 No.675374

>>675372
"I don't think our opponents would give up. Besides, that's just not how I roll."

She rushes and takes a swing at Brimstone once again.

>Single

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.675375

>>675372
>>675374
Brimstone takes a breather to juice himself up again, but is taken off guard by another jab from Veta which pierces him in the neck.

>Veta is at 4/2

>Brimstone is at 1/4

 No.675376

>>675375
"Thought so."

Brimstone says, grabbing for Veta so he can contact burn her with a flamethrower blast with the claw that grabs her.
>alchemist fire
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.675377

>>675375
She gives another snap of her claws, letting the syringe suck out freshly injected adrenaline.
>Parasite Arrow attack
[1d10]

"You left yourself open with that," she remarks, this time, feeling like trying out her strength by grabbing Brimstone by the helmet and trying to slam him into a cubicle wall.

>not a single attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.675378

>>675376
>>675377
Veta sees Brimstone's attack coming, knocking him off-balance and throwing herself full force at him. The two crash into a nearby wall, smashing through to the next room over and reducing the plaster wall to rubble instantly. More dust goes everywhere, and when it settles the fighters find themselves in a rather large meeting room, complete with a whiteboard, a large circular table and a map of the Empire with several Arks highlighted. Brimstone is flat on his back from the sudden pounce, left to ponder his existence for a moment.

>Veta is at 4/2

>Brimstone is at 0/2

 No.675379

>>675378
Brimstone grunts, standing
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.675380

>>675378
"Whew…that felt invigorating."

Veta goes over to the whiteboard, grabbing a marker that is hopefully nearby, and seems to be drawing something. She then goes over with the whiteboard to smash it over Brimstone's helmet, looking to have the head burst through the white board so it lines up with an arrow coming from a picture of a tin can.

>not single

[1d10]

Just to be safe she snaps her fingers.
>Parasite attack
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.675381

>>675379
>>675380
Brimstone tries to get back up, but is shut down by Veta's brutal property damage. The attack lines up perfectly with her quick doodle, making it all the more satisfying.

>Veta is at 4/2

>Brimstone is at 0/1

 No.675382

>>675381
"Fuck, don't make this like this last battle."

Brimstone says, grunting
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675383


 No.675384

>>675382
Veta can't help but laugh slightly.
"Then just lay still and let the doctor do her work," she says, lining up the syringe to jab it through Brimstone's virtual chest.

>Single

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.675385

>>675382
>>675384
Brimstone tries to get up, but Veta simply jabs him square in the chest. He immediately fades away, and the game is quickly shut down as you return to reality. You're both a little shaken from the experience, but quickly recover as you readjust yourselves after exiting the booths. Powder Keg is quick to congratulate Veta on her victory, seeming confident that you'll take home the victory in tomorrow's match.

 No.675843

New challenger approaching! Post sheets!

 No.675844


 No.675845

File: 1475028329970.png (1.53 MB, 1600x1352, battle_dragon_power_armor_….png)


 No.675846

File: 1475028482501.gif (2.22 MB, 290x595, 420.gif)


 No.675847

File: 1475028496313.webm (3.83 MB, 627x470, When You Roll 4s In A VR ….webm)


 No.675848


 No.675849

>>675845
>>675846
>>675847
>>675848
After another decisive victory for Veta, you all return to the ship and try to get some sleep. The dormitories are bland and uncomfortable, but it's the best you've got for now. You eventually do manage to sleep, although you feel a little stiff in the morning.

As Powder Keg told you to do, you head out and arrive at the Astral Arena by midday. It seems more crowded than before; presumably this is peak hour for business in this place. The lobby is filled with customers of all walks of life, readying up to watch the ongoing fights. The stage at the back of the lobby, while unattended the day before, is now occupied by a pair of DJs in black leather suits and strange helmets. Loud electronic music is blaring throughout the lobby, fading away some as you head downstairs into the competitors' area. Here, you can see Powder Keg, along with a large, rust-colored earth pony with a large riot shield and armor to accompany it.

"Here we are," says Powder Keg with a grin as you file in. "Right on time too. Too bad I can't say the same about the opposing team." He shrugs. "By the way, this is Pyrite. He's going to be your fifth teammate in the fight."

>>675844
In hopes of winning some money, you have signed up for a VR fighting arena. Powder Keg, your instructor, has scheduled you for a 5v5 match to be broadcast to the arena's patrons. Powder Keg himself is a yellow, bushy bearded unicorn with a rumpled hat. You have taken the opportunity to get acquainted with the ins and outs of arena combat beforehand; you simply step into one of the many white booths around the room, get into the harness, and put on a helmet of sorts to be projected into the game. You are currently in the competitors' area, a long hallway lit by white neon lights, with the competitors' booths lining the walls on either side. Occasionally, a cleaning robot trundles past, a small dome-shaped thing with several rapidly spinning brushes to keep the area clean. You are the first contestant to arrive, and Powder Keg has informed you that the rest of your team will be here shortly.

It doesn't take long for them to arrive; after a few minutes, in walk a towering dragon in a full body suit of power armor, a fellow earth pony roughly your size in another suit of armor, a Diamond Dog in jeans with robotic forearms, and a tall, rough-looking pegasus mare with a prosthetic foreleg. Powder give the team your name. He is about to give you theirs, but he seems to have forgotten all of them. "Er, while we're waiting for the opposing team, you should get to know each other a bit. Not sure why they're late. Oh, and Pyrite, did you want to use a handle for combat or should I just enter your name?" He pulls out a holographic data pad of some sort and looks at you expectantly.

 No.675850

>>675849
Pyrite mulls it over a little, before shrugging, and responding in his accent "Naw, I didn't really think 'a one. I'll just go with Pyrite." He blinks a couple times as he turns around to the rest of the approaching group, and takes some time to look them over. He gives the group a large, dopey grin, and waves "Hiya! M' name's Pyrite! I think I'm gonna be your fifth, from th' sound of it. Who're y'all?"

 No.675851

>>675849
"Who shows up late for a fight? It is like they are begging to lose." Stone Heart comments after hearing about their opponents being late.

>>675850
"Ah! Greetings Sir Pyrite! Quite the shield you have there, very nice! I am Stone Heart." He compliments, holding up his own large yet armor covered hoof for a shake or bump.

 No.675852

File: 1475032219482.jpg (148.61 KB, 512x512, 481e1bade6b925f1e3c3d4fd23….jpg)

>>675850
>>675849
The armored dragon looks down, his face obscured by a helmet that covers is attached to his armor nearly seamlessly. It's shaped in a dragonic image just like the rest of his armor; faux wings presumably covering real one, and a spiked spinal protrusion lined with glass-like containers of a yellow-colored liquid lit with LED lights.

"Greetings, Pyrite. You can call me Leviathan for the time being."

 No.675853

>>675849
Veta gives a bit of an annoyed grunt to Powder Keg, taking out a bottle and shaking out some pills.
"Eh, if a no show, just means we win the cash instead. So let them keep us waiting."

>>675850
Veta takes a look at Pyrite, her grouchy expression being a very clear contrast to his big grin. She stares at him, blinks, then looks at the pills on her paw.
"Gonna need more of these. I can just tell," she responds, shaking out a few extra pills, then swallowing them. She's clearly experienced due to a lack of a drink to take them.
"Name's Veta. And give it to me straight; are you another newbie like this bunch?"

 No.675854

>>675850
"Ah, so this is the mysterious fifth team member?"

"I'm Risky Hooves, captain of the promise, that marooned pile of scrap in the docks." I reply, grumbling the last part. "This here is my crew, perhaps the oddest assortment of creatures to travel the stars."

 No.675855

>>675851
Pyrite bumps hooves with the stallion and nods eagerly, before responding with "Glad t' meet ya too, Mr. Heart! That's some mighty nice armor!"
>>675852
He looks up to the dragon next, and gives another vigorous nod "Sure thing, Leviathan!"
>>675853
The first part seems to go completely over his head. "Uhm… new t' fightin' or new t' this whole VR thing? I've been in a scrape 'r two, but I've never doneany kind'a VR before! I'm really excited!" he says excitedly, before looking to the captain
>>675854
"Well, nice t' meet ya Captain Hooves! Ya got a tough lookin' crew, I gotta say!"

 No.675856

>>675855
"Just wait until you see what it can do it a fight, it will be quite the battle!" Stone responds with a hearty laugh, glad to meet someone up beat as well.

 No.675858

>>675856
"I'll make sure to keep a lookout f'r it, then! Speakin' 'a which… what do y'all do? I'm more of'a protecter than anythin' else, but I can bash with m' shield just fine when I need to." he says, lifting his Riot Shield for emphasis
>>675857
"Mhmm! Seems simple enough t' me!"

 No.675859

>>675855
Veta is silent for a moment, then gives a sigh.
"Oh, well, great. At least he's excited."
She already shaking out another pill.

"Basic idea, just beat up the other guys. Not too hard…right?"

 No.675860

>>675858
"Ah, a protector! I don't have shield for it, but I do my best to protect the others. Don't worry my friend, I will help you fight of any foe that comes at us." Stone Heart says, flashing off his weaponry.

He carries a large maul, similar to his junker-style armor. One arm switches out to reveal a flamethrower, a Pile Bunker attached to his other arm as well as his trusty Rivet Gun. Although the last one seems like it was built in more for metal work than combat, but that doesn't seem to stop him.

 No.675861

>>675860
"Great t' hear! More th' merrier, yeah?"

 No.675862

>>675850
"Right you are." He enters your name on the data pad.

>>675851
"Well, we'll see about that," he says noncomittally. "I'm sure they're just as capable as you guys are."

>>675853
"That reminds me," Powder Keg says suddenly. "Did you guys want to place bets on yours-"

>>675850
>>675851
>>675852
>>675853
>>675854
"Ah, here we are," Powder Keg chirps as he sees the opposing team walk in. "Looks like we're all ready to go." The enemy team consist of an earth pony in a heavy suit of power armor not unlike Brimstone Leviathan's, a pegasus in his late teens with a light gray coat and a mane dyed black, a goat dressed in white with a strange bulky-looking rifle connected to a backpack of sorts, a scrawny changeling with goggles and a bomber jacket carrying a lumpy-looking satchel, and a sky blue pegasus mare in a track suit carrying a sniper rifle. They look you over, most of them giving a friendly wave or a nod, save for the teen pegasus, who mostly ignores you.

"Looks like everyone's ready to go," Powder Keg says cheerfully. "Before we do start, let me know if you want to bet on yourselves and if so how much. Everyone pick a booth and strap yourselves in whenever you're ready."

 No.675863

>>675862
"100 Florins on my victory."

Leviathan says, strapping in, walking out of his armor onto his prosthetic legs.

 No.675864

>>675862
Pyrite returns the excited wave to the other team, hopping a little bit as he takes one of the booths, and straps in.

 No.675865

>>675862
Stone Heart greets his opponents in return with a smile and wave. "I wish you all the best of luck, I want to see you give it your all!" He says, making friends rather than enemies. He then gets himself strapped in and ready for a fight just like last time.

 No.675866

>>675862
Veta just stares at them very briefly, then shrugs and goes off to the betting table.
"Nice to see the old 'intimidate with our gear' act again," she says to everyone on her team as she gets a bet ready.

"50 for my team," she says and takes out a lollipop, lemon flavored. As she enjoys the pre-match treat, she gets into the booth and ready to rumble.

 No.675867

>>675862
"I'll be laying I off the bets this round, not like I've got much to wager."

Detaching my limb as before, I strap myself into the both with some difficulty.

 No.675868

>>675863
>>675866
Powder Keg nods as he enters your bet, holding the data pad up to your face to scan it and verify the payment.

>>675864
>>675865
>>675867
"What, no bets?" Suit yourselves," he shrugs. Most of the enemy team do place bets, except for the teen pegasus and the changeling.

You go about the usual process of getting prepared, leaving your equipment behind and strapping yourselves into the harness. Powder Keg closes the doors on you, and you hear him begin to boot up the program. "Good luck, everyone," he calls as it starts up. As you don the helmet and activate it, you find yourselves transported into an unfamiliar landscape. The arena for this fight is a large, fully functional factory, with several conveyor belts leading shapeless lumps of metal to parts unknown. In several locations, robotic arms take the metal off of the belts and transport them up to higher levels of the factory. Piping runs all over the concrete walls and ceiling, and at several points there are hydraulic presses that can be operated as well as crates to use for high ground or cover. You notice that most objects in the factory are labeled Polybius, a well-known provider of innovative technology. You and the enemy team are standing on opposite sides of the map, with about 150 meters of distance between you.

You hear a stereotypical announcer's voice boom throughout the area, coming from all around you with no specific source. "Fillies and gentlecolts, welcome to the first of our Team Tourney pre-event warmup matches!" the announcer announces. "We have a classic 5v5 brawl happening here today. All of the contestants are rookies, so the match should be intense! On one side, we have: Pyrite! Stone Heart! Leviathan! The Captain! And Gone Forever! And on the other, we have: Quickdraw! Iron Bulwark! Nevermore! Balgus! And Rourke!" He is referring to the sniper, the armored earth pony, the teen pegasus (who has chosen to be uploaded wearing all black), the goat, and the changeling in turn.

"Let the games begin!" the voice booms, and a loud gong sound rings throughout the map. The enemy team don't waste time. As soon as it does, Quickdraw flies up to get to elevation, the Bulwark extends an electroshock tonfa and moves in front of Balgus, Nevermore ducks for cover to stay out of sight, Balgus readies his strange contraption, and Rourke reaches into his satchel, pulling out what looks like a grenade.

"Fire in the hole!" Rourke hollers before tossing it at the party. It lands in front of Veta and Brimstone.

[1d10] Rourke: Alchemist Fire, hits two targets due to talent

[1d10] Nevermore: Stealth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrDtuMR2xuw

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.675869

>>675868
"No, you."

Leviathan says to Rourke rather brusquely, before filling the sky with acidic rain from his palm.
>Acid Spray: recharge 4, spell; Deal damage to all enemies. You may use this spell while it is still recharging. If you do, decrease the damage dealt by remaining recharge to a minimum of one, and the recharge resets. For example, with a remaining recharge of 2 and a roll of 9 would equal 2 damage (4 - 2 = 2).
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.675870

>>675868
"Aha! Let the games begin!" Stone Heart says, having forgotten entirely about the betting with his excitement to fight.

His suit fires up, preparing his Rivet Gun to fire it off at Rourke before beginning his charge closer to the enemy team.

>Marksman Shot: Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.675871

>>675868
"Lets get in there, crew!"

Loading shells into my shotgun, i rush towards Bulwark, firing off rounds as i approach!
[1d10] Ranged

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.675872

>>675868
Veta clenches a paw as she looks at it. Even if virtual, was still nice to look at.

She hears the loud yell and just laughs.
"Yeah, no thanks," she says, casually walking away and onto a belt. She rides it for a bit until she gets to the robotic arms, looking to grab on and repeat the process over and over until she gets to the same height as Quickdraw. While others would do so with flash and flare, Veta instead does so…rather casually.

 No.675873

>>675868
Pyrite blinks a couple times and shakes his head to try and get accustomed to the feeling. He straps his shield to his foreleg, and moves to charge Rourke as he shouts "Oh no ya don't!"
>Slam: Crits on an 8+ (Recharge: 1)

 No.675874

>>675873
[1d10]
(Guess the roll didn't get entered right)

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.675875

>>675872
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.675876

Nevermore disappears from sight, sneaking around behind all the crates. Brimstone and Veta manage to take cover, the grenade destroying a conveyor belt. The lumps of metal quickly begin to accumulate with nowhere else to go.

>>675869
The opposing party duck for cover as you unleash an acid spray. It dissipates after a moment without harming anyone, although it does corrode one of the mechanical arms and causes it to break in two.

>>675870
You shoot him square in the chest, sending him stumbling backwards with a grunt and landing on top of Bulwark.

>>675871
You do a combat roll forward and shoot Bulwark in the chest. His thick armor luckily protects him, although he takes a knee from the powerful blast.

>>675872
You make it look easier than it actually is for you, but you eventually manage to clamber up to her vantage point via the assorted machinery, more like an ape than a dog. She doesn't seem to have noticed you yet, as she is trying to line up a shot on one of your companions.

>>675873
While he's already down, you give him a good bash with your shield, leaving him seeing stars.

Bulwark charges at Pyrite with a loud battle cry, ramming into him with his shoulder.

[1d10+2] Slam

Quickdraw fires a precise shot at Brimstone.
[1d10] Marksman Shot

Nevermore jumps out of his hiding spot, brandishing double daggers as he lunges at Risky.
[1d10] Backstab

Balgus charges up his device, pointing it at Bulwark and cranking a handle on the side. A light pink gas begins to pour out.
[1d10+2] Heal

Rourke tries to pull himself back up.
[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 7 = 7 / Roll #4 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #5 6 = 6

 No.675877

>>675876
"Stay down."

Leviathan says to Rouke as he attempts to get up, he faceplate of his helmet spraying a freezing mist of chemicals.

>Dragon Breath: Recharge 2; targets an enemy in front of you with dragonflame. At creation your breath is given an elemental effect of your choice (ICE). A dragon can use his breath to magically send messages as long as there is a previous magical link set up between sender and receiver. (without this option a dragon can only produce a small jet that does no damage whatsoever and is mostly useless outside of combat). You can target multiple enemies as with Cleave without increased Crit Fail range, but the Recharge is increased by 1 for every additional target, maximum 10 targets.

> Ice: A target hit by ice grants an increased crit range for the next turn (10 becomes 9+, etc); this ice effect does not stack. Ice spells can be used to chill and freeze objects and the environment.
[1d10] Rourke

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.675878

>>675876
"BUNKER DOWN!!" Stone Heart shouts, his Pile Bunker pulling back to prepare a powerful blow to his next swing. He targets Pyrite's assailant, Bulwark.

>Earthen Strike: Crits on +8 critfails -3

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.675879

>>675876
Veta stands still for a moment, literally just watching Quickdraw for a bit. She grins as she crouches down, crawling towards the pegasus. Then, when she gets in front, she picks herself up enough to be seen in Quickdraw's scope/sights and give the sniper a syringe to the stomach in the surprising moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWcN4SK_o2g

>Single attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.675880

>>675876
Hearing one of them kick off behind me, quickly try to turn and slash my assailant with my talons!
[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Melee

"Oh no you don't!"

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.675881

Pyrite pulls himself back from the slam, taking a moment to steady himself. He doesn't quite see Bulwark until Stone Heart's battle Cry, turning to see both the incoming Earth Pony, and Nevermore lunge for the unicorn. He takes Bulwark's blow to the best of his ability, before galloping a good distance and leaping in front of Risky and attempting to block the daggers with both his bulky frame, and his large shield
(Protect: Designate a Target [Risky Hooves]: Until the end of your next turn (2 turns total), you take all damage directed towards your target. Neither you nor your target can become helpless until the end of Protect's duration. If your target would have become helpless over the course of Protect's effect, you become helpless instead (Recharge: 3 turns after the effect ends))

 No.675882

>>675876
>>675881
Pyrite also takes advantage of his momentum, hurtling into the pegasus like a rust-colored wrecking ball in an attempt to pin him to the ground
[1d10+1] Grapple

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.675883

The pink gas sputters and dissipates. Balgus curses and whacks the device a few times in hopes that he can get it working that way.

>>675877
Your suit betrays you as it malfunctions, spraying you in the face with your own chemicals. Rourke takes advantage of the confusion to give you a kick in the shins, knocking you off balance and toppling you over.
>Brimstone takes 6 hits, helpless

>>675879
She suddenly notices you next to her, causing her to miss her shot. The sound of the rifle going off is almost deafeningly loud; you notice that she is wearing earplugs. Panicking, she whacks you in the chest with the butt of her rifle instinctively before you can jab her, knocking you away.
>Veta takes 2 hits

>>675880
>>675882
Pyrite jumps behind Risky at the last minute, taking the brunt of Nevermore's attack. He rams into the teen with his shield, and Risky follows this up with a rake of her claw-like appendage. He is stunned by the interruption, falling to the floor. While Pyrite was busy helping Risky, he failed to see Bulwark charging towards him. He is bowled off his hooves from the attack, quickly recovering.
>Pyrite takes 7 hits

>>675878
Charging after him as he rushes Pyrite, you show Bulwark that there can be only one armored earth pony in the arena as you uppercut him with a devastating blow that sends him flying a good few feet. He lands just inches away from an active hydraulic press, narrowly avoiding getting crushed.

Rourke, having gotten back up, quickly readies two more grenades. He tosses one towards Stone Heart and Pyrite and the other towards Brimstone.
[1d10] Regular attack vs Brimstone due to Lightning Grease
[1d10] Alchemist Fire, Stone Heart and Pyrite

Quickdraw throws some sort of poison dart at Veta.

[1d10] Marked For Death

Bulwark and Nevermore try to get back up.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Balgus tries to use his healing device on Rourke again, this time spraying a light blue mist.
[1d10] Inure: Frost

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 3 = 3 / Roll #4 3 = 3 / Roll #5 2 = 2 / Roll #6 8 = 8

 No.675884

>>675883
Leviathan swears, struggling up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.675885

>>675883
"Ahahaha!!" Stone Heart laughs heartily, his suit firing up further. He holds up his arm for the barrel of his flame spewer towards Rourke, unleashing a blast of flames onto him.

>Alchemist Fire

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.675886

taking advantage of the now prone Nevermore, i pin him to the floor, battering and clawing with my talons and hoof
[1d10] Melee

"I'll have your guts for garters, rogue! No one sneaks up on The Captain!" i shout, laughing madly.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.675887

>>675883
Pyrite lets out a weary groan, and shakes his head a little as he hops off of the pegasus. He takes a chance while Bulwark and Nevermore are down, and moves to try and help Brimstone to his feet
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.675888

>>675883
Veta rubs her chest, then looks at Quickdraw. She gives a cocky grin and wags a claw, her other hand gripping a syringe and looking to rush the sniper and jab her in the chest.

>Lifestream

>Has Single tag due to Unorthodox
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675889

>>675887
"Thanks, Pyrite. I appreciate a team player."

the armored dragon says, grunting.

 No.675890

>>675884
>>675887
Brimstone struggles to get up on his own, and manages to do so with a helping hoof from Pyrite. Rourke's grenade goes off right next to Brimstone, severely injuring him. It would have killed him outright were it not for his armor.
>Brimstone is at 5/2

>>675885
You set the grenadier on fire. He panics for a moment with an inarticulate yell, dropping to the ground to avoid being burned to a crisp before scrambling back up. His grenade goes off at you and Pyrite's hooves, dealing heavy damage to both of you. Pyrite is knocked to the ground from the explosion.
>Pyrite and Stone Heart take 3 hits, Pyrite at 1/6 due to Protect (would be helpless otherwise), both debuffed due to Alchemist Fire
>+1 to skills against Rourke next turn

>>675886
You rake him again. He tries to kick you away as he tries to get up fruitlessly. "Agh! Gerroffme!" he grunts in an unexpectedly high voice.

>>675888
Her poison dart misses, and she deflects your syringe with her gun again.

Rourke tosses another grenade, targeting Stone Heart in particular.
[1d10+1] regular attack

Quickdraw tries to push Veta off the ledge so she can try and get back to sniping.
[1d10] Shove (doesn't do damage, just repositions)

Bulwark and Nevermore try to get back up again.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Balgus rushes over to Nevermore and sprays him with the pink numbing mist.
[1d10+2] Heal

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 7 = 7 / Roll #3 10 = 10 / Roll #4 8 = 8 / Roll #5 7 + 2 = 9

 No.675891

>>675890
Another spout of acid (not to be confused with gout of acid) sprays forth Leviathan's claws, enveloping the enemy team.

[1d10] Acid Spray

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.675892

>>675890
Veta growls and attempts to get a solid grab on Quickdraw to grapple her and take her off the ledge as well.

>Grappling Quickdraw to take her with me and fly if she tries to as well

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.675893

>>675890
"Gah! Enough of you!"

whirling around, i unload both barrels into Balgus as he's trying to heal Nevermore
[1d10] Ranged

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.675894

>>675890
Pyrite lets out a soft wheeze, and collapses on to the floor of the factory. He grits his teeth and moves his hooves back underneath his bulky frame, and tries to get to his hooves
[1d10] (Recovery Roll)

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.675895

>>675890
"Augh!" Stone Heart grunts, keeping his hooves planted in the ground to stabilize himself after the blast. He laughs it off, seeing as they cannot get hurt in this virtual world. "Good shot!" He shouts, before turning to help his new buddy back up.

>Assist Pyrite's recovery

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.675896

Bulwark and Nevermore pull themselves back up, ready to keep on trucking. Nevermore seems to be in good shape despite his injuries.

>>675891
Your nozzles malfunction yet again, a rather sad little puff of spray coming out in lieu of the usual impressive display. Maybe it's time you had the suit refurbished.

>>675892
Quickdraw pushes you off with her rifle. Acting instinctively, you grab onto her leg, yanking her down with you. The two of you crash on top of a pile of steel crates, both of you taking a moment to catch your breath before Quickdraw gets up to face you.

>>675893
You shoot Balgus in the arm, weakening his grip on the device. He turns to face you, lowering his head to point his horns toward you.

>>675894
>>675895
Stone Heart pulls Pyrite back onto his hooves with a mighty heave. The explosion from Rourke's grenade disorients Stone Heart, making him fall over in turn, crashing into a robotic arm.
>Stone Heart takes 4 hits, helpless

Nevermore tries to slip away in the confusion again.
[1d10] Stealth

Brimstone sees Quickdraw in trouble and charges, positioning himself in front of Veta.
>Protect: Quickdraw

Rourke lobs another grenade, this time at Veta.
[1d10] Regular attack
[1d10] Dream Wine, attack crits on 8+ if successful

Balgus charges towards Veta, clearly intent on goring her in the near future.
>moving into melee range

Quickdraw fires another sniper round, taking advantage of Stone Heart faltering.
[1d10] Marksman Shot

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 10 = 10 / Roll #3 3 = 3 / Roll #4 9 = 9

 No.675897

>>675896
>correction
Rourke lobs another grenade, this time at Brimstone.

 No.675898

>>675896
"Fuckin' Normies."

Leviathan groans and injects himself with adrenaline to prevent himself from flat out dying this round.

>Adrenaline Injectors: Recharge 3, automatic; The Leviathan Armor delivers a burst of chemicals directly into Brimstone's spinal cord, allowing for him to continue battle with renewed vigor. Brimstone regenerates one wound and up to three hits. Adrenaline Injectors cannot be used while helpless.

 No.675899

>>675896
Stone Heart stumbles over after the explosion, grumbling as he rubs his head. "So many explosions, it's like explosion day all over again!… well, maybe not quite as great as explosion day." He talks to himself out loud.

>Recovery

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.675900

>>675896
Veta shakes herself off, grinning at Quickdraw. Out of her eye, she catches the sight of Balgus coming up, and she begins to do what she does: think smart.

She goes up to Quickdraw mid-shot, attempting to grab her again and throw her into Balgus' path.

>Re-directing near future goring aimed at Veta to Quickdraw instead

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.675901

>>675896
Pyrite offers a vigorous nod and snorts a little in the direction of Rourke, readying his shield for another slam, shouting "I said quit that!"
[1d10] Slam

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.675902

>>675896

Chasing after Balgus, i slot fresh shells in and fire two more rounds at his back as he flees
[1d10] Ranged
"Get back here! I'm not through blasting you to pieces!"

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.675903

>>675899
>Updated health

 No.675904

Nevermore pops out of sight for now.

>>675898
You heal yourself with an adrenaline shot, withstanding the impact of the blast.
>Brimstone is at 3/3

>>675899
As you try to get up, you get shot right through the leg, preventing you from being able to get up.
>Stone Heart is at 0/4

>>675900
You grab Quickdraw by the leg and yank her towards you. Balgus falters mid-charge and backs off, seeing that he's about to hit one of his teammates.

>>675901
Rourke quickly flies out of the way of your attack, turning around to face you in mid-air.

>>675902
Your shot misses, denting one of the crates.

>pausing

 No.676856

Post sheets!

 No.676857

File: 1475632820823.webm (3.14 MB, 258x180, Coincidence.webm)


 No.676858


 No.676859

File: 1475632856616.png (316.21 KB, 995x1400, ARK Guardian Pyrite.png)


 No.676860

File: 1475632878302.webm (3.54 MB, 700x394, life.webm)


 No.676861

File: 1475632995505.gif (1.99 MB, 350x315, 1442350462432.gif)


 No.676862


 No.676863

>>676857
>3/5

>>676858
>5/5

>>676859
>>676862
>9/5

>>676860
>3/3

>>676861
>0/4

The battle rages on!

Nevermore is currently out of sight, sneaking around somewhere. A successful Perception check would break his Stealth.

Rourke readies another grenade and tosses it, landing near Veta and Pyrite.
[1d10] Alchemist Fire

Quickdraw readies another poison dart, firing it at Brimstone.
[1d10] Marked For Death

Iron Bulwark continues protecting Quickdraw from harm, sizing up the situation before swinging his electroshock tonfa at Stone Heart.
[1d10] Attack

Balgus looks into the barrel of his device and takes a whiff of the strange pink fumes. He seems to go dizzy and crosseyed for a moment.
[1d10+2] Heal

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 10 = 10 / Roll #3 10 = 10 / Roll #4 7 + 2 = 9

 No.676864

>>676863
Stone Heart attempts to stand up and soak the blow before it can hit him while he's down.

>Recovery

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.676865

>>676863
pushing past another crate, i fire two more rounds towards Balgus, my sawn-off blaring as loud as the machines around us.
[1d10] Ranged

"Hold still, fool! I'm not done with you yet!"

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.676866

>>676863
"This is some bullshit."

He says, spraying yet another acid cloud into the sky while watching the poison dart fly at him with speed he can't possibly hope to dodge.

>Acid Spray: recharge 4, spell; Deal damage to all enemies. You may use this spell while it is still recharging. If you do, decrease the damage dealt by remaining recharge to a minimum of one, and the recharge resets. For example, with a remaining recharge of 2 and a roll of 9 would equal 2 damage (4 - 2 = 2).

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.676867

>>676863
Pyrite gallops over to help up Stone Heart, but not before attempting to get Bulwark out of the way. He pushes his shield onto the strap on his back, before attempting to wrap his hooves around Bulwark's waist and hurl him away
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.676868

>>676863
Veta sniffs the air a bit, then retches a bit.
"Ugh. Smells like highschool angst," she comments, continuing to sniff out the source of the smell

>Perception on Nevermore

>Survival: +3
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 3 + 3 = 6

 No.676869

>>676864
You pull yourself up, only to be greeted with a swing of the tonfa right to your face. It blinds you for a moment, but you weather the powerful swing.
>Stone Heart takes 5 hits

>>676865
You manage to blast him as he gets high off his own supply. He stumbles and takes a knee for a moment from the shot, but he keeps on trucking.

>>676866
You miss your spray and buckle as you are hit by a small yet deadly poison dart. You can't feel any pain, but your weapons and your suit of armor feel much heavier. Your movements slow.

>>676867
You barrel into the equally large pony, getting out of the way of the impending explosion. You knock him off his feet from the force of the impact, but he rolls to the side and picks himself back up, turning to face you.

>>676868
You scramble out of the way of the explosion as you try to find Nevermore. You can't physically smell anything, but you imagine it would smell like potato chips and bad deodorant. You quickly find him perched atop a broken conveyor belt in a corner, waiting for a good moment to strike. He doesn't seem to have noticed you.

Nevermore continues to oversee the fight, brooding in the corner.

Rourke pulls out another grenade, counts to 5 and throws it at Stone Heart.
[1d10]
[1d10] Dream Wine

Quickdraw adjusts something on the side of her rifle and fires twice, once at Brimstone and once at Veta.
[1d10] Split Shot, autocrits vs Brimstone

Bulwark paws the ground with his hoof before barreling towards Pyrite.
[1d10+1] Slam

Balgus canters along behind Bulwark, ready to heal him if need be.

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 7 = 7 / Roll #3 1 = 1 / Roll #4 4 + 1 = 5

 No.676870

>>676869
Stone Heart stumbles back from the blow, pulling up his Rivet Gun to fire it at Rourke.

>Marksman Shot

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.676871

Pyrite slams his shield down to block the grenade blast, hunkering down behind it before bracing himself a little more and galloping at Balgus and attempting to ram his shield into the pony's snout
[Protect: Stone Heart]
Slam: Balgus [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.676872

Completely ignoring my shots, i grit my teeth in frustration before rushing the healer!
[1d10] Melee
[1d10] Overconfidence

"Ignore ME, will you?!"

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.676873

>>676869
Veta makes her way towards the belt, trying to keep quiet as to get the drop on him. She then takes a running start to leap up and jab him with the syringe.
"Hello darkness, my old friend."

>Single attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676874

File: 1475636339943.webm (3.26 MB, 300x242, noblewarmusic.webm)

>>676869
"Fuck using this handle shit. I'm not Leviathan, that's the armor. I'm not a suit of armor. Fuck this guy."

he points at Rourke,

"This guy's a cunt."

he points at the sniper shooting at him,

"And this guy's Brimstone."

he points to himself, before sprinting towards Quickdraw, taking into flight part way through.

 No.676875

>>676870
Your shot misses, but only just.

>>676871
You absorb the brunt of the explosion with your shield. The impact shakes you, leaving you vulnerable for a moment. The moment is more than enough for you to get bowled over by Bulwark's charge, knocking you flat on your back.
>Pyrite is at 0/3, helpless

>>676872
Balgus hears you coming, instinctively swinging his horns at you and knocking you over with a quick strike at your good legs.
>Risky takes 5 hits, helpless

>>676873
As Nevermore is looking around, he cries out in surprise as he sees you coming and quickly flies up, dodging your attack.

>>676874
As you charge towards her, she tries to get a shot in on you but misses spectacularly. The shot goes off next to her ear, leaving her disoriented for a moment. You take the opportunity to swing at her, knocking her over.

Nevermore swipes his daggers at Veta.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Rourke waves at Brimstone with a smug grin before tossing another grenade at him.
[1d10] Autocrit

Quickdraw tries to get back up, rubbing her head.
[1d10]

Bulwark swings at Pyrite while he's down.
[1d10]

Balgus sees Quickdraw in danger and starts making his way towards her.

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 1 = 1 / Roll #4 6 = 6 / Roll #5 6 = 6

 No.676876

>>676875
As Nevermore come in for the attack, Veta tries to use his momentum against him by promptly grabbing and tossing him into one of the hydraulic presses just as its coming down to smash something.

>Quoth the pancake, Nevermore

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.676877

>>676875
falling flat on my face, i push up off the ground, my talon clicking on the hard surface.
[1d10] Recovery
"No-good low-down fuel huffer.. i grumble under my breath as i shift on the floor."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.676878

>>676875
Pyrite snorts a little bit, and throws himself overtop Balgus, trying to keep him pinned down for at least a little bit to keep him from reaching Quickdraw using his sturdy forelegs and heavy frame
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.676879

>>676875
Stone Heart rushes for Balgus, intent on stopping him. "It is your turn to feel my strength!" Stone shouts at him, bringing a hoof up as the Pile Bunker readies itself. "BUNKER DOWN!"

>Earthen Strike

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.676880

>>676875
Brimstone flips off the changeling with his central talon punting the grenade back to the sender.

"Now then,"

he turns his attention to Quickdraw, his flamethrower's nozzle in her face,

"Let's get to know eachother."

> Alchemist Fire: recharge 1, spell, ranged; Concoct a flame that produces virulent smoke and can latch onto anything, even water. In addition to damage it gives +1 to skills against that target for the next turn.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676881

>>676876
He easily dodges your attack, countering with a double slice with his knives. You briefly wonder where someone his age was able to find those, or what he's even doing in the Arena since it's for adults only. The blow knocks you on your knees.
>Veta takes 7 hits, helpless at 0/3

>>676877
You get back up, ready to keep on keeping on.

>>676878
You tackle him to the ground, pinning him for a moment. He lets out a grunt as he hits the concrete floor. Bulwark's swing glances off your armor, although it still leaves its mark.
>Pyrite takes 1 hit

>>676879
As Pyrite keeps him down, you punch him hard in the face, knocking him out for a moment from the sheer impact.

>>676880
Rourke scrambles to avoid the grenade. It goes off in relative safety, reducing a pile of crates to splinters. As she gets up, Quickdraw kicks out at your legs, knocking you away from her. While recovering from the impact, you manage to make the best of a bad situation, turning around and aiming the gout of flame at Rourke, burning him severely. He cries out and curls up onto the floor.
The burden of your suit is suddenly lifted.

Nevermore tries to hide again.
[1d10] Stealth

Balgus and Rourke try to get back up.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Quickdraw fiddles with her rifle again, firing at Stone Heart.
[1d10] Marksman Shot

Bulwark comes to Balgus' aid, ramming into Pyrite again.
[1d10+1] Slam

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 3 = 3 / Roll #4 9 = 9 / Roll #5 9 + 1 = 10

 No.676882

>>676881
"Nice moves, kid," Veta says as she tries to get back up.

>watch this recover from helpless be a 10 cause mlpg is a cuck like that to me

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676883

>>676881
Standing once more, i rush the now prone healer down, taking the chance to attack with hoof and claw!
[1d10] Melee

"Lets see if you can fix this!"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676884

>>676881
"Seriously girl you need to chill out, sniper rule number one when you're engaged face to face you don't go back to sniping."

Brimstone says, helmet releasing a freezing spray again.

Dragon Breath [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.676885

>>676881
Stone Heart blasts Balgus with a spew of flames from his flamethrower. "I admire your tenacity, you and your team are doing quite well against us!" Stone Heart compliments Balgus, even with his attempt at burning him alive.

>Alchemist Fire

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.676886

>>676881

Pyrite rolls off of Balgus and groans a little, out of the fight for a bit. He tries to get up to his hooves and back into the fight
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.676887

>>676882
You get back up, keeping track of where Nevermore is scarpering to before he can get out of your sight.

>>676883
You claw at him, beating the hapless goat into submission before he gets the chance to get away.

>>676884
Your suit has sustained heavy damage in the fight. It malfunctions for the time being, releasing nothing more than a small spurt.

>>676885
Likewise, the nozzles for your flamethrower seem to have been damaged in the fight. While they should theoretically still work, they don't release much more than a small lick of flame.

>>676886
You roll over and pull yourself up.

Seeing he can't get away from Veta that easily, Nevermore feints an attack before striking quickly again. He doesn't seem much in the way of conversation.
[1d10] Attack, succeeds on 4+ due to Improvise
[1d10] Attack

Balgus and Rourke try to recover again.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Quickdraw bashes Brimstone with the butt of her rifle.
[1d10]

Bulwark focuses on Stone Heart now, swinging his tonfa wildly.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 4 = 4 / Roll #4 9 = 9 / Roll #5 7 = 7 / Roll #6 1 = 1

 No.676888

>>676887
"Again!"

He says to the gunbutt, injecting adrenaline again.

> +3/+1

 No.676889

>>676887
"C'mon kid, I don't bite…hard."
And at that, Veta tries to stab him when he gets close.

>Single attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.676890

Pyrite hurries over to Balgus, frowning a little before mumbling "S-Sorry 'bout this." and smacking the stallion with his heavy shield as he tries to get up
[1d10] Slam

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676891

>>676887
Stone Heart looks confused for a moment, shaking his flamethrower nozzle before raising it up to inspect it. "Strange, maybe I should use my-" Stone Heart pauses as he raises his leg up to use his Pile Bunker, instead smacking it into Bulwark's tonfa. "Oh! I nearly forgot, we were fighting earlier were we?" Stone says, turning to face Bulwark instead. "Alright then, I'll fight you instead. BUNKER DOWN!" He shouts, bringing his hoof down to strike Bulwark.

>Earthen Strike

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.676892

>>676887
Still ripping into him, i reload my shotgun with my magic, chambering new shells just in time to fire point blank into the goat's chest!
[1d10] Ranged
"Have a taste of lead, fool!" i shout more to myself than anyone, cackling as i pull the trigger.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676893

>>676888
You take the blow like a man, juicing yourself up before the impact to shrug it off.
>Brimstone is at 4/4

>>676889
He manages to nick you with his feinted attack, but you counter with a quick poke.
>Veta takes 1 hit

>>676890
Despite his mounting injuries, he manages to roll out of the way of your slam.

>>676891
You swat his weapon aside, slamming him in the chest as hard as you can. You send him flying into a concrete wall, leaving a Bulwark-shaped crack as he slumps over in exhaustion. "Why do you keep yelling that?" he grunts as he tries to get up, his head spinning from the blow.

>>676892
Killing your vibe, your gun jams momentarily, letting out some sparks with a soft clicking sound.

Bulwark, Rourke and Balgus all try to pull themselves up.
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]

Nevermore panics as he gets jabbed, trying to run and hide again.
[1d10] Stealth

Quickdraw flies up to a vantage point as she sees Brimstone power through the blow, positioning herself on one of the higher levels of the factory.

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 8 = 8 / Roll #4 3 = 3

 No.676894

>>676893
"Come back here, you were just hitting on me! Er… hitting me!"

Brimstone says, following the pegasus into the sky.

>Dragon Flight: With or without wings, you are able to fly and hover while carrying heavy loads. Dragons can remain airborne indefinitely.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.676895

>>676893
Veta pouts a bit as she simply walks after Nevermore.
"Hmm…this would be more thematic if I had that one mask for this avatar…."
Her ears perk, as if remembering something, then gives a snap of her claws.

>Parasite attack

[1d10]

She toys with the young kid some more before going for the rush to jab him again.
>Single attack
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.676896

>>676893
"It is what my friend sparky has asked me to shout when I use it." Stone Heart replies with a smile, holding his hoof to his chest like a salute. "It was a promise for helping me make this suit."

Stone Heart then readies his Rivet Gun once more, aiming to shoot Bulwark out of the fight.

>Marksman shot

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.676897

>>676893
"Frag! It jams now?!"

hopping off of the Goat, i reset the barrel of my sawn-off before leveling it and firing as he tries to recover
[1d10] Ranged
"Enough squirming around!"

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.676898

>>676893
Pyrite frowns a little more, and attempts to pin Balgus to the floor "H-Hey, just knock it off now!"
[1d10+1] Grapple

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.676899

File: 1475640682459.gif (410.13 KB, 221x196, no exit.gif)

Bulwark and Balgus both manage to get back on their hooves, although Balgus looks just about ready to throw in the towel.

>>676894
She looks confused for a moment as you fly up next to her, then she smirks, looking amused by your comment. "You wish," she retorts.

>>676895
You saunter along behind him as he scrabbles to hide, failing to hide anywhere.
>gif related
As you jab him again, he tries to dodge you but fails, falling to the ground instead.

>>676897
You get off a good shot on the goat, injuring him badly.

>>676898
He canters out of the way of your lunge again. He can't keep getting away with it.

Balgus tries to heal himself again, seeing his injuries growing grave.
[1d10+2] Heal

Rourke and Nevermore try to get back up.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Bulwark steadies himself before ramming into Pyrite again.
[1d10+1] Slam
[1d10] Stand Firm

Quickdraw rushes to hit Brimstone with her rifle again, having little else to fall back on at close range.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 7 = 7 / Roll #4 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #5 7 = 7 / Roll #6 1 = 1

 No.676900

>>676899
"See the problem with a sniper rifle is it's not meant for a ring of combat. I'm sure you'd be doing better in an actual combat situation, but this is the wrong kind of simulation for you."

Forgoing his special powers, he realizes the two of them are on a roof. He thinks about the previous night as he jumps up and tries to slam down on Quickdraw with all his might.

[1d10] hulk smash

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.676901

>>676899
"OOh no! You're not going to waltz out of this unscathed!"

seeing him reach for his medgun, i charge the injured goat, ramming the end of my gun under his virtual jaw before pulling the trigger!
[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Ranged

"Heal This!"

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.676902

>>676899
Stone Heart shrugs at the fact that both of his weapons seem to not work. "Well, there is always another." He mumbles to himself, his Pile Bunker winding up again as he charges at Balgus. "BUNKER DOWN!!"

>Earthen Strike

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.676903

File: 1475640912447.webm (497.85 KB, 1280x720, natcrit.webm)


 No.676904

/me huffs a little and tries to tackle Balgus as he canters away, trying to knock him back over "C-C'mon now, nonnathat!"
[1d10+1] Tackle

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.676905

>>676899
Veta balances a syringe on the tip of a claw as she watches the kid.
"Ya know, you could at least make this a bit more sporting."
Her other paws snaps.

>Parasite attack

[1d10]

"If you really don't want to right now, you can always log out or quit or whatever."
She punctuates this with throwing the syringe she was balancing at him point blank.

>Single

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.676906

>>676896
Your rivet gun also malfunctions. You can't help but long for the moment when Blank Card finally manages to reupholster your suit.

 No.676907

Nevermore gets back up, although he seems rather shaken.

>>676900
You fly up and tackle her, ramming the pegasus into the ground with all your might. The steel railing buckles and bends with a loud creaking groan as the two of you come crashing down to the ground floor with everyone else. You are left standing tall, while Quickdraw is left winded and wide-eyed as she lies flat on her back in a pile of rubble for a moment. She tries to say something, but she's out of breath.

>>676901
He headbutts you reactively before you can land a finishing blow, looking reinvigorated. He knocks your aim off, and you shatter a fluorescent tube overhead. White sparks rain down on the two of you dramatically as the room gets a little dimmer.

>>676902
While not as dramatic as your last display, you still crack him across the jaw with your Pile Bunker.

>>676904
Your bad luck finally pays off as you bring him to the ground again, keeping him pinned down for now. Hearing Bulwark coming up behind you, you instinctively buck, pushing him away.

>>676905
"Quit? Ha! We can get through this just fine!" he retorts, although he doesn't sound very convincing. He winces as you jab him again, but he still stares you down, wielding his daggers defiantly.

Balgus, Quickdraw and Rourke try to get back up, Balgus struggling to push Pyrite off of him.
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]

Bulwark, seeing Balgus in danger, rushes to his side before swinging at Pyrite again.
>Protecting Balgus
[1d10]

Nevermore does a combat roll, maneuvering behind Veta before lunging at her with his daggers.
[1d10] Backstabbu

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 4 = 4 / Roll #3 2 = 2 / Roll #4 8 = 8 / Roll #5 8 = 8

 No.676908

>>676907
Seeing Bulwark rush for his ally, he decides to give Balgus a small break again. Stone Heart raises his maul and attempts to give Bulwark a good smack with it.

>Basic Attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.676909

File: 1475642299160.gif (257.33 KB, 500x500, 23c.gif)

>>676907
Brimstone chuckles, aiming his flamethrower down at the mare,

"I have a sense of deja vu…"

Alchemist Fire [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676910

Pyrite rolls off of the stallion as he hears Bulwark gallop up behind him, swinging his shield around to try and catch the armored stallion on the snout with it
[1d10] Slam

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676911

>>676907
"Good answer," she says, snapping her claws as Nevermore's resolve seems to be back.

>Parasite attack

[1d10]

"Now c'mon, show me what you've really got!"
As he gets behind, she tries to turn to meet dagger with syringe.
>Single attack
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.676912

>>676907

"Afraid it's the end for you yet? You're not looking too good there, pal."

Meandering over to him, i lean over the goat's prone form, grinning with a row of sharpened teeth.

"When i win, and yes, i did say when, i'll be sure to thank you for rolling over and dying so's i can get to the next bout."
[1d10] Ranged
with that, i fire another round or two into him!

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676913

>>676908
You miss your swing, leaving you open for a moment. Bulwark takes advantage of this and spins his tonfa around dramatically, hitting you multiple times and knocking you over.
>Stone Heart takes 5 hits, helpless

>>676909
Yet again, your suit malfunctions. Perhaps Blank Card could touch it up once you get back to the Promise.

>>676910
You are too slow this time as he bashes you upside the head with his weapon, but you raise your shield up and return the favor by bringing it down hard.
>Pyrite takes 2 hits

>>676911
He manages to get a good hit in on you, but you counter with a jab in his shoulderblade. He cries out and crumples to the ground.
>Veta takes 3 hits

>>676912
Bulwark steps in, taking the shot for his companion. It dents and cripples his suit of armor, but he remains untoppled.

Nevermore, Balgus, Rourke and Quickdraw all try to get back up.
[4d10]

Bulwark charges at Pyrite again, elbowing him in the face.
[1d10+1] Slam

Roll #1 9, 2, 5, 10 = 26 / Roll #2 7 + 1 = 8

 No.676914

>>676913
Stone Heart grunts after crashing onto the floor, before attempting to rise up to his hooves with a hearty laugh. "Good shot! But I will get you back… after I get up."

>Recovery

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.676915

>>676913
"I'd really prefer if you didn't get up."

>Ice Breath

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.676916

>>676913
Pyrite yelps a little as he gets smacked across the shcnozz, staggering back next to Stone Heart. He chuffs a little, and shakes his head to clear his sight before attempting to help Stone Heart back up "E-Easy now, not while we're in th' home stretch!"
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676917

>>676913
Veta smirks as she rolls her shoulders to work out the kink from that attack, snapping her paw in the process.

>Parasite attack

[1d10]

Veta rests an arm on him, using his head as an arm rest, before roughly booping his flank with the syringe.

>Single attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.676918

>>676913
undeterred from the shot being blocked, i charge the armored pony, trying to bring him down!
"Out of my way, before i run you through, tin pony!"
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.676919

>>676914
>>676916
Pyrite heaves to pull Stone Heart back onto his hooves, ready to keep fighting the good fight.

>>676915
"Well, we can't always get what we want," she answers as she manages to clamber back up. She gets a blast of your ice breath to her face for her troubles.

>>676917
You get a quick jab in on him as he gets back up. He cracks his neck as he faces you down, looking over your shoulder to assess the situation with the rest of his companions.

>>676918
He does as you say, sidestepping your attack.

Rourke and Balgus try to get back up.
[2d10]

Bulwark tries to help Balgus up.
[1d10]

Nevermore, seeing his team in trouble, tries to give Veta the slip again.
[1d10] Stealth

Quickdraw tosses a poison dart at Brimstone again before flying off to a perch.
[1d10] Marked For Death

Roll #1 2, 6 = 8 / Roll #2 3 = 3 / Roll #3 5 = 5 / Roll #4 9 = 9

 No.676920

>>676919
"Cheater, flying away, I've got wings too."

Brimstone says, however not utilizing them as his vantage point allows him to spray acid on the fight below him.

> Acid Spray: recharge 4, spell; Deal damage to all enemies. You may use this spell while it is still recharging. If you do, decrease the damage dealt by remaining recharge to a minimum of one, and the recharge resets. For example, with a remaining recharge of 2 and a roll of 9 would equal 2 damage (4 - 2 = 2).

crits on 9 for Quickdraw [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.676921

>>676916
"Thank you my friend! Let us win this fight together!" Stone Heart says, patting Pyrite on the back.

>>676919
While Bulwark helps up Balgus, he decides to throw in another swing with his Pile Bunker. "BUNKER DOWN!"

>Earthen Strike

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.676922

>>676919
Veta just keeps the pursuit up…by casually walking behind him.
"Now where are you going," she asks with another snap.

>Parasite attack

[1d10]

She grabs Nevermore by the tail to yank him closer for another syringe.
>Single
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.676923

Pyrite nods excitedly and goes to leap in, before stumbling a little. He decides to stop and spend a quiet moment or so catching his breath and shaking out the bruises
[Workhorse: Regain 1 Hit]

 No.676924

>>676919
seeing the armored pony help their healer up, i take aim and fire above them, towards the loose catwalk pieces in an attempt to cause a collapse
[1d10] Improvise, debris attack!

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.676925

Balgus finally manages to get up on his own. He looks worse for wear, but nevertheless he seems determined. Almost too determined considering the circumstances.

>>676920
You mistime the angle of your spray, letting it linger in the air above the fight.

>>676921
He sees you coming and dodges your attack, surprisingly nimbly for such a large pony.

>>676922
Your attack weakens Nevermore, leaving him prone on the ground. He doesn't seem to have the energy to get back up.

>>676923
You step out of the battle for the moment and take a breather.

>>676924
You loosen some rubble, pummeling Balgus with it. He winces at the attack, but seems undeterred.

Nevermore just lies there for a moment.

Rourke tries to get back up.
[1d10]

Bulwark tries to help him.
[1d10]

Quickdraw changes something on her rifle before taking a potshot at Brimstone.
[1d10] Silence, autocrits

Balgus cranks a valve on the side of his medigun and sends it into maximum overdrive, spraying pink numbing mist everywhere.
[1d10] Prayer of Healing

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 8 = 8 / Roll #4 9 = 9

 No.676926

>>676925
Stone Heart lifts his flamethrower once more, praying that his fire will ignite the medic.

>Prayer of Fire (A.K.A. Alchemist Fire)

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.676927

>>676925
Brimstone drums his talons, quickly turns around, and look at Quickdraw. He points his talons in a gun shape and mouths the words "Pow"

"Ain't taking me down that easi-Arrgh!"

He shouts, his adrenaline injectors taking into effect again.

>+3,+1

 No.676928

Pyrite takes another chance to take a breather, as he still feels a little shaky on his hooves
[Workhorse: Recover 1 Hit]

 No.676929

>>676925
"You did pretty good. Could've done less running, but was still alright."
She squats down in front of the kid, rustles his mane a bit, and smiles.
"See ya back out there."

There is a stab with the syringe, then a snap of her paws.

>Single attack

[1d10]

Parasite
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.676930

>>676925
"Gah! where did you pull that from?"

fuming with anger, i rush the goat down as he's fumbling with his medigun.

"I'll tear you to pieces before you get the chance, worm!"
[1d10] Overconfidence
[1d10] Melee

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.676931

>>676926
You set the goat alight as he overheats his device, making him collapse. Despite being on fire, he looks infuriatingly smug about it all.

>>676927
The shot she fired must have had some sort of EMP chip built into it. Your suit goes haywire as soon as it lands, shorting out most of your offensive weaponry. You power through it just fine, but are crippled for the moment.
>Brimstone is at 3/4
>cannot use skills with the Spell tag for two turns

>>676928
You keep resting for now.

>>676929
With a last ditch effort, he rolls out of the way of your attack.

>>676930
You bash his head on a concrete slab as he falls, shutting down his ultimate ability. His body quickly disintegrates into pixels and vanishes, and his equipment along with it.
>4 enemies remaining

Quickdraw fires at Brimstone again, panicking as she sees their healer fall.
[1d10] Autocrit

Nevermore contemplates his mortality, reciting some vaguely familiar Gothic poetry.

Rourke tosses another grenade at Pyrite and Stone Heart.
[1d10] Alchemist Fire

Bulwark rages in frustration at Balgus' demise, lashing out at Stone Heart.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 7 = 7 / Roll #3 9 = 9

 No.676932

>>676931
Brimstone flies up to the sniper, looking down at the medic as he pushes her gun to the side,

"That's why you gotta learn to look out for yourself. You're so busy looking out for your teammates that you can't handle when the big ol' dragon comes who don't need no healer to tell them when to get up or not."

 No.676933

Pyrite lets out a battle-cry- not that he's very good at it. It comes out as something more of a long, dopey yell- but he flings himself at Bulwark all the same, intent on wrestling the stallion to the ground to take him out of the fight
[1d10+1] Tackle

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.676934

>>676931
Veta hears the poetry and sighs.
"Arms, oh arms, how I miss you so
Despite moving on, these mechanical ones suck at tying bows.
My days are so gray
And in amusement I play
In a drug induced wonderland to ease my woe."

She finsihes with a dramatic, point-blank throw of the syringe at Nevermore's face.
"That one got me an A in college."

>Single Attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.676935

>>676931
Stone Heart raises his maul to cheer on Risky. "AHA! Good shot, Captain Risky!" He says, before turning his attention to attacking Bulwark in retaliation. "Come! Avenge your friend with honor! BUNKER DOWN!" He shouts, aiming to use his signature move.

>Earthen Strike

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.676936

>>676932
Her shot misses as you fly up to her, feeling the effects of her dart wear off. She yells angrily and tries to hit you with her rifle again.
[1d10]

>>676933
You tackle him to the ground, making him hit the ground with a loud grunt. He tries to kick you off of him desperately. The shockwave from Rourke's grenade shakes you, but you remain untoppled.
>Pyrite takes 2 hits

>>676934
After your melodramatic display, you put Nevermore out of his misery, making his body disintegrate in a similar fashion to Balgus'. Quoth the pegasus…
>3 enemies remaining

>>676935
You hit him while he's down, puncturing his armor. The grenade damages your own armor even further, but you weather it.
>Stone Heart takes 3 hits

Rourke tosses another grenade at Stone Heart.
[1d10] Dream Wine
[1d10]

Bulwark tries to get back up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 2 = 2 / Roll #4 9 = 9

 No.676937

>>676936
"Not with the rifle, it wasn't built for that. Use your hooves."

Brimstone punches her [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.676938

Pyrite shakes his head a little as he feels the stallion underneath him start to stir, hopping off to smack the stallion with his shield again "I-I'll getcha this time!"
[1d10] Slam

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.676939


 No.676940

>>676936
Veta stretches a bit before walking back to the rest of her battle buddies. At seeing the newest to their group hurting a bit, it was time for this doctor to actually be a doctor.

"Hey, think fast," she says to Pyrite, throwing a syringe at him like a dart. The main difference behing this one was injecting something instead of drawing something.

>Automatic Recharge 2 action to restore 5 hits to Pyrite

 No.676941

File: 1475647285556.webm (3.82 MB, 640x360, DoubleCrit.webm)


 No.676942

>>676936
Stone Heart raises his maul up, ready to swing down for an executing strike. "Stay down, you have fought well. Tell your friend he fought well too!"

>Basic Attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.676943

>>676937
You take the blow and respond with a firm right hook, knocking some virtual teeth loose as she falls to the ground. "Is that any way to treat a lady?" she says mockingly as she lies helpless on the ground.
>Brimstone takes 1 hit

>>676938
As Bulwark gets up again, you take your shield in both hooves and slam it into him as hard as you can, knocking him off balance.

>>676940
You give Pyrite his shots, revitalizing him.
>Pyrite is at 6/5

>>676942
You follow up Pyrite's attack with a swing of your maul, toppling him momentarily. He's not one to give up, however, even in the face of certain defeat, and gets right back up.

Quickdraw lies there for a moment, looking at Brimstone with a mixture of anger and admiration.

Bulwark refuses to throw in the towel, charging at Stone Heart.
[1d10+1] Slam

Rourke keeps doing what he's best at and tosses another grenade at Stone Heart and Pyrite.
[1d10] Alchemist Fire

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.676944

>>676943
"You should stay down, friend. in fact… you should BUNKER DOWN!" He shouts, bringing a Pile Bunker ready hoof to Bulwark.

>Earthen Strike

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.676945

Pyrite yelps as he's stuck with the needle, stepping around uneasily before letting out a relieved sigh as the stims hit. Herolls his shoulders out, before taking another chance to leap, this time at Rourke "You quit that!" he shouts, bowling into him with the grace of a sledgehammer
[1d10+1] Wrasslin'

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.676946

>>676943
Veta walks up to Rourke as he lobs grenades, doing a courtesy of tapping him on the shoulder first.
"Hey, one of my buddies is looking a bit hurt. But I am taking donations."
She grins as she gets a syringe out and stabs him.
"Willing or not."
If she manages to get anything, she shakes the syringe to activate something, then throws it to stick into Stone Heart.

>Lifestream: recharge 1, weapon; Saps life from a target, leaving it a rotting husk. A critical hit drains all the life in an enemy, killing it instantly and leaving a corpse for raising or other use. You may use the sapped life to restore hits equal to half the damage done (rounded up) to one of your minions or party members on any success.

>Sapped life going to Stone Heart
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.676947

>>676943
"Ah, the damsel in distress now? Here, some of my prize money will go to buying you a drink, for being a good sport."
Brimstone smiles, bringing his foot down on her face,

>curbstop

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.676949

>>676946
"Thank you, Veta" Stone Heart shouts, thanking for the small heal.

 No.676950

>>676944
He rolls his eyes at your catch phrase, dodging your swing rather easily.

>>676945
Rourke flies up and out of the way of your charge before repositioning himself out of your reach.

>>676946
He turns around in confusion, his face disintegrating before your eyes as you kill him instantly. The needle revitalizes Stone Heart, bringing him back to almost peak fighting condition.
>Stone Heart is at 7/3
>2 enemies remaining

>>676947
"Sounds like a plan," she smirks, accepting her defeat even as you crush her underfoot. She vanishes in a matter of seconds.
>1 enemy remaining

Seeing he's the only one left, Bulwark sighs slightly, grits his jaw and brandishes his baton in determination. "At least no one can say I didn't try," he grunts as he swings at Pyrite again.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.676951

>>676950
Stone Heart attempts to finish off Bulwark quickly by spraying him with flames.

>Alchemist Fire

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.676952

>>676950
Brimstone hops down, landing next to his teammates,

"Howdy partners. I reckon it's about time we cleaned these parts of town."

He says, tipping a non-existent cowboy hat.

 No.676953

>>676950
"That's the spirit. Put on a good show for everyone watching like those pervs you slide their phones into the girl's changing rooms."

>>676952
"You're right."

>>676950
She then looks to Bulwark and hops onto his back.
"Okay big guy. This doctor will see you now."
And goes to shove a syringe wherever she can.

>Single

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.676954

>>676950
Pyrite yelps a little as the stallion takes a swing at him, attempting to raise him a shield bash in return
[1d10] Slam

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676955

>>676951
He falters and falls, this time not getting back up.

>>676952
You join the rest of the group as they face down their final opponent.

>>676953
"…What?" He just looks confused at your comment.

>>676954
Your shield bash is interrupted by his overhead strike, bopping you over the head fairly hard with his weapon.
>Pyrite takes 3 hits

Bulwark slumps over, waiting to get finished off. "Good fight," he grunts in defeat. "Didn't expect to lose."

 No.676956

>>676955
Thunk
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.676957

>>676955
Stone Heart salutes Bulwark. "All of you did well."

Then finishing him off with a strike from his maul.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.676958

>>676955
"Don't worry too much about. Just know I take any insurance you might have," she says, then tries to punch him in the face.
"And yeah. Gee gee."

>FINISH HIM!

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.676959

>>676955
Pyrite yelps a little louder as he's bonked upside the face, chuffing a little and trying to finish him off with a body check
[1d10+1] Bonk!
"G-Good fight! Sorry 'bout this!"

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.676960

>>676956
>>676957
>>676958
>>676959
You finish off Bulwark, standing victorious for a moment. With surprisingly little fanfare, the world around you begins to vanish, eventually blinding you with a flash of white light as you return to reality. After taking a moment to readjust yourselves to your surroundings, you take off the harnesses and step out. Powder Keg is there to greet you, along with the enemy team. Most of them do not have their equipment with them. Some, like Nevermore and Balgus, look a bit salty at their defeat, but the rest seem to take it fairly well. "Congrats," Powder Keg says with a big grin. "That was a hell of a fight. I thought for sure the other team had it in the bag near the end there, but you really turned it around once Balgus got taken out." Balgus frowns disapprovingly. "And congrats to you two," he says as an aside to Veta and Brimstone. "You're slightly less poor. Or slightly richer.