[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1459708363752.png (1014.72 KB, 1280x720, Tales Of Breezie Hollow.png)

 No.660571[Last 50 Posts]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwj8hMJIVc

JustPretending Productions presents

Tales of Breezie Hollow

Starring:

Wf as Fairweather
Andelia as Pattern Pitch

And

Sion as Everyone Else

Rated B for Breezie

 No.660572

Adventure 1: It all began a dark and stormy night…

Hint of the session:
Each character may only productively pursue one activity (make one skill check) during each period of Downtime, no matter how long the period is. Multiple characters may jointly undertake the same activity (make a cooperative check), but this does not allow them to split their attention (make more than one skill check as a group). This limit is arbitrary but practical; though characters live rich, full lives at all times, Downtime doesn’t simulate every personal project. Rather, it focuses on the one major activity highlighting each span of loose time, like a montage in a fantasy movie or a brief paragraph in an adventure novel.


Fairweather
You had just started drifting off to sleep when the ground started shaking violently. You hear the windows outside shatter. And just as unexpected as it came, it stopped. Then what sounds like a rushing sound, growing louder and louder. The doors of your home smash open as a torrent of water washes through it, sweeping you with it outside. Dazed you can see your dwarf cat desperately trying to clamp for any solid ground. You see other breezies trying to swim in the water as well, screaming for help. Parts of mushroom homes drift by you. Suddenly you feel yourself turning in a circle, faster and faster down a whirlpool. You hit the bottom and drop down, falling down for a few seconds before hitting the ground.

You rub your head and look around. You're in an industrial area. You see tubes and kettles processing nectar. You're probably in the nectar refinery. You look up to see there's a hole in the ceiling from which water keeps pouring down. If you stay here, you might drown as the water keeps rising. Then close by, also in the water, you see another Breezie, she has a pale purple coat and dust grey mane with yellow eyes. She seems to be dazed a bit as well. Part of the upper platforms has fallen down and she's stuck. If she stays that way, the rising water might drown her!

Pattern Pitch
Your vials and cauldron tremble, just like the whole building. As a younger member of the Tinker Guild, tonight was your turn for night duty in the Nectar Refinery. Keeping an eye on the alchemical processes to purify the nectar, it's not your expertise, but you know enough to know when something's going wrong. This tremor however, that wasn't part of the plan. The whole building shook violently for a few seconds before settling again. You overlook the intricate nectar refinery machinery for any damage. Ooof, that still seems to be in order. But a tremor, here? That's never happened before. As you ponder this strange occurance, you hear a creak. You look up and see a crack forming in the ceiling. Before you can react, the ceiling bursts and a stream of water crashes down. The Nectar refinery consists of a giant hall with several levels where most of the machinery is, and some side chambers. You're on the highest level platform in the giant hall and the stream of water drags you over the edge, down towards the ground floor. You smack against the floor before part of the platform you were just on crashes on your body. As you get out of your daze you realize you're trapped and the water is rising! There's another breezie nearby. You'll need her to lift this metal plate of your body or you might drown!


—————-Both of you ———-
Condition: Drenched, your wings are drenched in water and you can't fly for a short period of time
——————————————-

 No.660573

>>660572
Oh no, my kitty! I should have never left the bush.

I'm too shy and not very strong in the first place to free her, so maybe I should just Notice an escape route… '1d20+8'

Roll #1 4 + 8 = 12

 No.660574

>>660572
I tug the other breezy a bit to get their attention, and start pushing on the plate.
'1d20'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.660575

>>660573
Notice is a subconcious check. Like if there's an ambush I might ask for a notice check to see if you notice it
If you want to do perception, you need to do a Search check.
I'll take this roll and use your +12 of Search.
There's no ladders since Breezie's usually fly, but you do notice there's cables hanging from the ceiling, you could climb those to get up to the upper platform.

>>660574
The other breezie with a Maroon mane and leaf green coat seems distracted.
The platform is way too heavy for just one breezie to lift!
But you're a smart breezie. Roll a Notice check.

 No.660576

>>660575
'1d20+9' noticing

Roll #1 2 + 9 = 11

 No.660577

>>660575
That seems dangerous, climbing cables! But I'm mostly Intelligent. Could I band the hanging cables to the plate metal and around some outcropping to create a pulley system so it would be easier to lift?

 No.660578

>>660577
You definitely can! Most of the cables here already seem to be arranged to lift heavy stuff to the upper platforms, you'd just need to attach them! You notice the other breezie is looking at the cables too!

>>660576
You notice a number of cables hanging from the ceiling. It's part of the system to lift new materials up to the upper platform. One of the cables hangs nearby, if you can attach it, it would make lifting the platform possible. You notice the other breezie is looking at the cables too!

 No.660579

>>660578
Let's see, I'll just attach these cables… and lift!

 No.660580

>>660578
>>660579
W-well, then. Help attach the cables to the platform!

 No.660581

>>660580
>>660579
Pattern feels the heavy platform lifted from her as Fairweather lifts. She crawls out before Fairweather drops it again.

Pattern looks a bit ruffled, but aside from some scratches, that could have been a lot worse!

The water is still rising. It's time to get out of here!

However, Pattern notices the Nectar Vault is still open. If the water gets in there, the nectar supply of months of hard work could be ruined!

Optional: Seal the Nectar Vault before the water gets in.

 No.660582

>>660580
>>660581
"W-what are you looking at? We have to get out of here!"

 No.660583

>>660581
>>660582
I point at the Nectar Vault with a worried look and take a deep breathe, then blush and try to seal it myself.

 No.660584

>>660583
The Nectar Vault closing procedure is 3 steps in order.

COMPLEX TASK

1. Close the vault door (Athletics DC15)

2. Reach the mechanism for the mechanical lock (Acrobatics DC25)

3. Seal the magical lock (Spellcasting DC25)

Each of them costs one turn. In 5 turns the water will flow into the Vault.
You can both make rolls for it. But it has to be in order, so now start with the closing of the door.

 No.660585

>>660584
Typo: Athletics DC10!

 No.660586

>>660584
>>660585
'1d20+2' Athletics first.

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.660587

>>660583
>>660584
Shake my head. If my war-beast was here, it could probably shove closed that vault!

>>660586
>>660584
The lock… it's pretty far back, but maybe I can reach it?

'1d20+8'

Roll #1 4 + 8 = 12

 No.660588

>>660585
>>660586
TURN 1
Pattern easily closes the door!
Now, the mechanical lock, normally a breezie would simply fly to it and push the lever, but now you're drenched.

>>660587
TURN 2 (each different try is a seperate turn. So since you do the next thing, the next turn is now)
You try to climb but fall back down again!

 No.660589

>>660588
>>660586
"This is hopeless, we can't get it closed!"

Acrobatics '1d20+8'

Roll #1 11 + 8 = 19

 No.660590

>>660589
Andy can roll to give you a small boost to your acrobatics.
Combined with an AD, that could do it!

 No.660591

>>660589
>>660590
I try to assist her, maybe push her up closer.
'1d20+2' '1d4'

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.660592

>>660591
>>660590
>>660589
TURN 3
The water keeps rising!
You get on top of each other to help each other. But you still can't reach it.
But since you're on top of each other, Fairweather gets a +5 to her next Acrobatics roll!

 No.660593

>>660592
>>660591
"C-careful where you reach!"

'1d20+13'

Roll #1 7 + 13 = 20

 No.660594

>>660593
I nod, being sure to look away while you try to reach.

 No.660595

>>660593
>>660592
TURN 4
You try your best to reach for the lever, but it's just out of reach. The water rises up and slowly starts seeping into the nectar vault…
You better get out of here, before you get in danger as well!

 No.660596

>>660594
>>660595
There's not really time to put the magic seal on it, but maybe some of the nectar will survive if the lock can close at least…

'1d20+13'

Roll #1 11 + 13 = 24

 No.660597

>>660596
AD '1d4'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.660598

>>660597
>>660596
>>660595
TURN 5
With another few jumps you grab the lever and close it!
There's no time for the magic seal, but yes at least most of the nectar will be safe!

 No.660599

>>660598
I have to find my cat! It's time to ditch this place, up the cables and out!

 No.660600

>>660598
>>660597
Lets get out of here.

 No.660601

>>660600
>>660599
Both roll an Acrobatics check for climbing

 No.660602

>>660601
'1d20+8'

Fast climber

Roll #1 9 + 8 = 17

 No.660603

>>660602
>>660601
'1d20+2'

Roll #1 19 + 2 = 21

 No.660604

>>660602
>>660603
The water keeps rushing down next to you. Flooding the equipment on the ground floor. You swing and pull yourself on the platform overlooking the refinery. You see the door to the outside. It is locked by a magical protection spell. However, Pattern can open it easily with just a hoofwave.

 No.660605

>>660604
I push aside my soaking wet mane with a focused stare, and open the door.

 No.660606

>>660605
The magical protection spell to keep out unauthorized breezies fades and the door opens up.
There's a giant cat head at the other side. A grey dwarf cat with green eyes looking at you both!

 No.660607

>>660606
A cat?!
I freeze in place, and look for a hiding spot. '1d20+9' search ?

Roll #1 8 + 9 = 17

 No.660608

>>660606
>>660607
"Ribbon!"

Hug his face! He must have sniffed me out. It is in this moment that I wish I had devoted more time to learning how to ride. I have wings, I thought it wouldn't be important!

 No.660609

>>660607
A dwarf cat, they're larger than breezies, but still not very big!
You could hide behind the equipment, but the other breezie starts to hug it! And it gives a lick back!

>>660608
Ribbon is happy to see you, you get a big sloppy lick on the face


——–Both of you——–
Your wings have dried, you can fly again!
—————————-

 No.660610

>>660609
>>660608
Oh.. Sort of hoover around the cat and the breezy, I don't think I've seen them before, so they might be lost or something terrible like that.

 No.660611

>>660609
What's going on? What caused this flood? The storm didn't cause this, did it? It's unusual! Where are all the other breezies?!

Search if I have to '1d20+12'

Roll #1 17 + 12 = 29

 No.660612

>>660611
>>660610
With the door open, you hear a gong in the distance!
It's the emergency gong at the palace. When it sounds all Breezies must go to the Palace!

 No.660613

>>660612
I get startled by the loud gong and nearly fall out of the air.
Take a few careful steps towards the Palace and see if the cat and breezy follow me.

 No.660614

>>660612
Well… I don't like being around other breezies, but I guess since my house had its windows blown out I can't go hide there… Okay, fine, I'll go to the palace. Stay close to Ribbon though!

 No.660615

NEW SCENE

You both fly into the tunnel with Ribbon on your heels.

Breezie Hollow is organized somewhat like an ant nest. An enormous amount of tunnels both for transportation and air, interconnecting large chambers where the Breezie houses or other buildings are.
At the edge of the tunnel you reach the Market chamber. Normally this is a vibrant place, breezies selling their wares or simply talking and having fun by the side. And at night, the glowing fungi on the ceiling feint away until there's only tiny green glowing specks.

Now the place has been flooded with water. You see market stands and boxes of supplies floating around.
You see a Breezie near one of the other tunnels, shoving a huge package, very very very slowly.
It happens to also be the tunnel to reach the Palace

 No.660616

>>660615
Oh no. Is the water still rising in here too?

 No.660617

>>660615
Uh.. Go closer to the Breezy with the package, can I tell what kind of thing is it?

 No.660618

>>660616
It seems to be stabilized here, but it's in motion. You suppose there's some other tunnel at the bottom where the water is flowing into.
Hopefully it's an abandoned tunnel…

>>660617
You fly closer. You recognize the Breezie, it's Clearcloud, one of your fellow Breezies in the Tinker Guild. He seems to be shoving a large amount of tinker equipment, tools and half finished inventions he tied together.
He's pulling the pack by the rope but it barely moves an inch at the time!

 No.660619

>>660618
Well I guess I'll go to the palace chamber then.

Best to move on…

 No.660620

>>660619
The tunnel where the Palace leads is the same tunnel where you saw the Breezie shoving a package.
It's a yellow breezie with blue hair wearing glasses. He's wearing a grey Tinker Guild suit.
He seems to be shoving a large amount of tinker equipment, tools and half finished inventions he tied together.
He's pulling the pack by the rope but it barely moves an inch at the time!
Your friend(?) seems to be staring at him, he doesn't show any signs of having noticed either of you yet!

 No.660621

>>660618
Trot up to him, waiting for him to see me and put a hoof on the bundle of inventions.

 No.660622

>>660620
I don't know… she didn't seem like a friend to me. Just some random tinker I freed.

I'll just move on to the palace.

 No.660623

>>660621
He looks up and stops pulling.
He squints his eyes behind the glasses.
"Pattern…? Pattern you're here! Thank the Duchess! Quick, I need some help lifting this to the palace!"

>>660622
Leave Pattern behind?

 No.660624

>>660623
Who's pattern? I've never heard that name before.

 No.660625

>>660624
Leave the other breezie behind?

 No.660626

>>660623
I nod firmly picking up a rope and pulling it along with him.
'1d20'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.660627

>>660625
Yeah, of course, I told you, I don't know her!

 No.660628

>>660627
You go further down the tunnel, as you're nearing the Plaza chamber another tremor shakes the whole tunnel and dust drops down. Ribbon is very anxious. You hear breezies shouting from the Plaza.

>>660626
You both pull and pull and…manage to gain a few inches after a few minutes…
"See, we're doing it!"

 No.660629

>>660628
I'm anxious too! But I'll pat Ribbon reassuringly. We should move on… at least if we're in the palace there should be more structural supports!

 No.660630

>>660628
Smile at him but then, I shake my head putting down the rope. "No.. Time.."

 No.660631

>>660629
You reach the Plaza and look up to see where the shouting is coming from.
You see the Duchess (Breezie Princess) and several Galemancers flying in the air. As the ceiling cracks, they use their magic to stabilize it. "Keep strong, if this ceiling collapses, all of Breezie Hollow might be destroyed!" says the Duchess in a strained voice.
One of the Galemancers looks down.
"Hey you! Move on, it's not safe here, go to the Palace!"

>>660630
He puts down the rope.
"But…but this is my everything, my life's work…how can I live without it?"

 No.660632

>>660631
Better keep moving then! I don't want to be caught in a collapse.

 No.660633

>>660631
My ears flatten, I step closer to him, tentatively patting his shoulder with a hoof.

 No.660634

>>660632
You move on into the next tunnel.
It's going downward. You should be there soon…wait, you see something in the distance.
A breezie dressed in the militia armor. He seems hurt and laying on the ground.

>>660633
He looks down.
"You're saying that there's more important things? That I need to live so I can make new and better things?"

 No.660635

>>660634
Oh my. Well, I am a doctor, but I'm too shy to just help someone without being asked. It would be really awkward if I had to stare into his eyes as the life slowly ebbs though. I'll just kind of move behind Ribbon and strategically stare upward at the ceiling.

 No.660636

>>660635
As you walk past him he reaches his hoof towards you. He opens his mouth trying to say something

 No.660637

>>660634
Nod with a hopeful smile, this is really working!

 No.660638

>>660636
Flatten my ears. But I would have to interact with a male and we'd be all alone in this dark tunnel! What should I dooo?

 No.660639

>>660637
"You're right…thanks Pattern. Let's fly to the Palace!"

 No.660640

>>660639
My wings flutter in joy, fly along side Clearcloud to the Palace.

 No.660641

>>660638
Ribbon looks at you with kitty eyes.
What could it mean?

>>660640
You reach the Plaza square. As you look up, you see the Duchess and several Galemancers using magic to hold up the crumbling ceiling. One of them shouts for you to move on quickly!

 No.660642

>>660641
M-maybe I should check him out. It's probably just bruising…

Mend '1d20+14'

Roll #1 10 + 14 = 24

 No.660643

>>660641
Maybe I can help them out! '1d20+10' craft carpentry to make a pillar to ease their load?

Roll #1 12 + 10 = 22

 No.660644

>>660642
You give him first aid, mending his wounds and putting some bandages on them.
"Thanks…Radan! They've invaded…Ambushed us…"
He loses conciousness.

>>660643
Despite a good attempt, there's no time to make a giant pillar to ease their burden.

 No.660645

>>660644
!!!

What a Radan?? Invading?

They could be anywhere! They could be right behind me! I can't leave him behind or they might coup de grace him!

Blush heavily and put him on Ribbon's back. "W-we've gotta go! Fast!"

Let's hurry to the palace.

 No.660646

>>660644
Well.. Just move on quickly then!

 No.660647

>>660645
You sneak further.
Soon enough you hear the chirping. Unmistakably Radanspeak. Two of them talking to each other.

>>660646
You move on, hey, that nice Breezie of before is there in the distance!

 No.660648

>>660647
What's she stopped here for? I better go catch up to her.

 No.660649

>>660647
>>660648
Shake my head and make an X with my legs!

 No.660650

>>660649
>>660647
An X?! I stop putting a hoof over my mouth landing so my wings don't make a sound.

 No.660651

>>660650
I better set up an ambush in case they come around the corner… (1 minute)

 No.660652

>>660651
You're silently motioning everyone to hide.

>>660650
This breezie is hiding, will you hide too? she's motioning for you to hide.

 No.660653

>>660652
>>660651
I will hide next to her.
Can I see what we're hiding from?

 No.660654

>>660653
>>660652
>>660651
A moment later, two hunched over Radan walk past the corner.
Their rat eyes are black, their coats grey and they're dressed in some shabby plates that would pass for armor in some junk dump.
They're talking to each other.
You can roll to Ambush when you want.
I'm having problems with Pyromancer, I hope I can solve it or we might pause because we need it for the fight.

>>660653
You can understand them. Your study of Radanspeak is paying off.
"No shinies here."
"Boss going to be mad. Have to find shinies!"
"Boss will beat us if we don't!"

 No.660655

>>660654
…They are looking for shiny things? I hold my saddle bag close in worry.

 No.660656

>>660654
Ambush! '1d20+14'

Never trust a Bush Breezie!

Roll #1 13 + 14 = 27

 No.660657

PAUSE ON A CLIFFHANGER

 No.661860

As part of Battlefield Trickery, both Radan gain the penalty of a Cheap Shot (dexterity)

As part of Trailblazer, Pattern Pitch gains Bushwhack Mastery until end of scene. (Can taunt or distract as a free action)

 No.661861

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=170689

SURPRISE ROUND
You both surprise the Radan and rush them!

Roll Init

 No.661862

>>661861
Extreme speed! '1d20+7'

Roll #1 11 + 7 = 18

 No.661863

>>661862
You also have to roll for Ribbon.
What sheet did we temporarily use for him again? I totally forgot we had to stat him still

 No.661864

>>661863
Catlike reflexes! '1d20+3'

Roll #1 11 + 3 = 14

 No.661865

>>661861
'1d20+3' Init

Roll #1 20 + 3 = 23

 No.661866

Surprise Round

Pattern's Turn

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=170692

Both rats are flat-footed and vulnerable

 No.661867

'1d20+3' attack the rightmost radan ?

Roll #1 2 + 3 = 5

 No.661868

>>661867
You're not used to fighting and rush forward blindly, missing your target.

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=170693

FAIRWEATHER'S TURN

 No.661869

>>661868
Let loose the arrows of war! On the one nearer to me! (Steady shot, we haven't moved in at least a minute)

'1d20+8'

Roll #1 6 + 8 = 14

 No.661870

>>661869
You quickly fire a arrow at the unsuspecting rat from your hiding place.
Hiting him right in the arm, preventing him from reaching for his weapon.

RIBBON'S TURN

 No.661871

>>661870
Do I roll for damage? It has been a while.

Ribbon tramples over the nearer one! '1d20+9'

Roll #1 20 + 9 = 29

 No.661872

>>661871
Activate it

 No.661873

>>661871
>>661872
I quickly rolled for dmg this time, but yeah, it's easier for me if you do it!

Ribbon rushes the other rat, who shrieks in fear, wildly flailing his arms. The rat drops his weapon and tries to run, but is quickly trampled by the much faster Ribbon.

The left rat is helpless and vulnerable to Coup de Grace

CLEARWEATHER'S TURN
Clearweather simply cheers for both of you, waving his hooves. "Yeah, get em!"

PATTERN'S TURN

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=170703

 No.661874

I'm pretty anxious, but I try to attack the still standing radan!
'1d20+3'
'1d10'
http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=170707

Roll #1 2 + 3 = 5 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.661875

>>661874
You fly over to the standing Radan but he jumps away to dodge your attack.

FAIRWEATHER'S TURN
http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=170707

 No.661876

>>661875
Aim, release, follow through. The dancing steps of bush warfare.

'1d20+8' to hit
'1d6' lethal (AP2)

Roll #1 9 + 8 = 17 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.661877

>>661875
O-oh right, attacks are just a half action, right? I'll also take another shot.

'1d20+8', '1d6'

Roll #1 8 + 8 = 16 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.661878

>>661876
The last standing Radan tries to grab his weapon with his still unhurt arm but as he unsheats his blade, you pierce his dreams and his left arm.

The Radan drops on his knees and holds his arms up in defeat.

BATTLE OVER

Both Radan have surrendered and are at your mercy

 No.661879

>>661878
Look to Ribbon for guidance. And how is the passenger? Still unconscious? That must have been a bumpy ride.

 No.661880

>>661878
Well. I search them for notes or letters.

 No.661881

>>661879
Ribbon bares his teeth at the rats and they look to you. Chirping in their weird language.
The passenger seems to be still unconcious yes.

>>661880
They pratter on, talking to your friend Fairweather.
"Breezie, please send cat away"
"We didn't want to hurt nice breezie! Very nice!"

 No.661882

>>661881
Float over and pat ribbon to calm him down a bit. We need to keep our heads.

In response to the prattering I indicate the wounded militia soldier that I'm transporting.

 No.661883

>>661881
>>661879
I gasp and scoot over to whisper to the brownish breezie Fairweather, taking a deep breath.
"H-hey Um.. I thought.. You.. They are scared of your cat. The Radans."

 No.661884

>>661883
Scrunch. "Well, maybe they should be. Ribbon is very emotionally delicate."

 No.661885

>>661882
They look to each other.
"What? No, we didn't ambush that nice Breezie."
"We did not! Never"
"We wouldn't hurt nice breezie! Very nice!"

 No.661886

>>661885
>>661882
Ribbon calms down a bit as you pat his head.

 No.661887

>>661884
I nod, looking up at the cat a little nervous myself.

 No.661888

>>661885
Hmmm… what do I think of that?

Sense motive '1d20+1' (Untrained)

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.661889

>>661888
You don't speak Radan, you don't know anyone who does.

>>661887
>>661885
You hear that too, of course.

 No.661890

>>661888
>>661889
Do I think they are honest? It sounds suspicious '1d20+2' untrained

Roll #1 11 + 2 = 13

 No.661891

>>661889
It seemed like pretty sincere hissing to me, in that case. Maybe. Shrug.

How far is the place we're supposed to gather? Is it in the direction these Radans were patrolling from?

 No.661892

>>661890
They don't sound sincere at all!

>>661891
It's past the Garden Plaza chamber, which is where these Radan were coming from.

 No.661893

>>661892
>>661891
I gasp and stick close to Fairweather.
Suddenly pointing my paper slicer at the Radan.

 No.661894

>>661892
This would be a good time to have an alignment. It might give me moral guidance on whether or not to brutally execute sentient beings. But I don't have one. That militia breezie might have some opinions…

>>661893
"I see."

Draw my saber. "It would be impractical to transport them. I don't have rope."

 No.661895

>>661893
They look with big eyes at it.
Not sure what to make of it.

>>661893
>>661891
Well, I'm not sure what Fairweather would make of that.

>>661894
Militia usually put the few captured Radan on hard labor, then again no one would be too mournful of some Radan dying.

 No.661896

>>661895
>>661894
I shiver and shake my head, this isn't the time to be shy, she has to know!
"They hurt that breezy.."

 No.661897

>>661896
"I know."

Pause regretfully. "He told me before he passed out."

After a moment, a thought strikes. "What happened to the other Breezies? He w-wasn't alone when he was attacked. Ask them!"

 No.661898

>>661896
>>661895
>>661894
Clearweather clears his throat.
"Uh…I tied my experiments together with a rope…maybe we can use that to tie them up? I mean we can't just…you know." he chuckles nervously

 No.661899

>>661897
"T-talk to radan?! I mean.. I can but.. they're so mean and they lied!"
I start biting my hooftip.
>>661898
Then nod at the idea with a hopeful look.

 No.661900

>>661899
"I-I'll get it!"
He flies off to get the rope.

 No.661901

>>661898
>>661899
"Do what you have to do."

Signal to Ribbon, let's move on. These Breezies were just bystanders anyway. I have another job to take care of.

 No.661902

>>661901
You take your leave. You just need to cross the Garden Plaza chamber and you'll be in the tunnel leading directly to the duchess palace.
Ribbon suddenly starts growling and holds her head low, perking her ears. She clearly smelled something.

>>661899
Fairweather and his cat take off again.
Leaving you entirely alone with two Radan.
They look as Fairweather leaves.

 No.661903


 No.661904

>>661901
>>661900
>>661902
I gulp and try to look cool holding the paper slicer, its impressive to some breezies after all!
'1d20+7' impresss!

Roll #1 6 + 7 = 13

 No.661905

>>661904
Rolling Resolve for the Radan '1d20+1'

Roll #1 11 + 1 = 12

 No.661906

>>661902
>>661903
Uh oh! Even if I didn't Notice it, I might still be able to Search for what's upsetting Ribbon. '1d20+12'

Roll #1 5 + 12 = 17

 No.661907

>>661904
>>661905
They don't attempt to make a run for it. Sufficiently intimidated by the slicer.
Clearcloud sure is taking his time.

>>661906
You carefully move on and as you look over a ridge into Garden Plaza chamber, you see what's upsetting Ribbon.
Half of the room has flooded with rushing water and a batallion of at least 15 Radan are collecting rubble from the water. A large white Radan in the middle chirps orders at them.
Besides him, tied up, lay 3 unconcious militia breezie.

 No.661908

>>661907
Fifteen?! I can't take that many on, and those two tinkers seemed kinda useless in a fight! Return to Ribbon and try shaking the militia Breezie awake. Gently of course, to not upset his injuries.

 No.661909

>>661907
Well, I should check on him, but, I can't leave these two alone.
Tell them in Radan "Stay Still." And try to make some paper cuffs.
'1d20+10' crafting

Roll #1 8 + 10 = 18

 No.661910

>>661909
You create two sets of cuffs, they'll hold for a little while!
Then Clearweather flies to you.
"Here I got the…oh…"

 No.661911

>>661908
He opens up his eyes.
"Where are we?" he says weakly.

 No.661912

>>661910
I fly over to him with a joyful smile, opening my mouth to say something and then just kind of pointing down the way that Fairweather went.

 No.661913

>>661911
"Garden Plaza… b-but… we lost it. Where's the commander? The rest of the militia?"

 No.661914

>>661912
"Uh…let's go!"
You make the Radan move and soon you see Fairweather talking to the wounded militia.

>>661913
He shakes his head.
"Commander Fargale, he and the others went up to the Organ Terrace. It was hit the hardest by the tremor at first. But I don't know much more. He told us to keep watch here in case anything else happened."
The Organ Terrace is the highest up part of Breezie Hollow, where a giant organ was constructed to interpret the messages of the wind. It's a way from here, you can't expect help from there soon.
"Garden Terrace…wait…I have a plan. If someone can lure the Radan to the other side of the room, then we can smash open one of the ventilation tunnels. There's one there that needed maintenance badly. It will give those rats the surprise of their life…"

 No.661915

>>661914
"You want to flood our home more…? Is it really that desperate?"

 No.661916

>>661914
>>661915
Inch closer to them with the two Radan prisoners.

 No.661917

>>661915
He shakes his head.
"We could open those tunnels without smashing them with one of the vents and close them again immediately afterwards. Then the ventilation shaft would still be intact, but I don't know how to do that, I'm no tinker…"

>>661916
You hear what they're saying.

 No.661918

>>661917
>>661916
"I also saved some hapless engineers."

Help him down off Ribbon. "The three of you figure out what to do… I can lure them away."

 No.661919

>>661917
Do I know what vents he's talking about? '1d20+6' knowledge?
Look at Cloudclear with concern.

Roll #1 7 + 6 = 13

 No.661920

>>661919
>>661918
Clearweather clears his throat and adjusts his glasses.
"Well, yes, it could work. First of all, someone, I think perhaps you, Pattern, should go to the tunnel. With your wrench you can loosen one of the emergency hatches.
Meanwhile someone else lures the Radan near it. Everything before it gets blown away."
He chuckles.

 No.661921

>>661920
Sneak off.

'1d20+8'

Roll #1 15 + 8 = 23

 No.661922

>>661920
>>661921
"Whistle when its time.." Float into the tunnel to start working on the hatch.

 No.661923

>>661921
You're in sneak mode and hidden.
The Radan have no idea you're here.

>>661922
Roll a Search

 No.661924

>>661923
'1d20+10' I am a searchy pony

Roll #1 18 + 10 = 28

 No.661925

>>661924
You find the maintenance hatch easily.

 No.661926

>>661925
Then its just a matter of loosening a few bolts to let the wind in..

 No.661927

>>661925
>>661926
From the other side of the room, I'll loose a surprising arrow at the group of invaders to get their attention.

'1d20+8'

Roll #1 19 + 8 = 27

 No.661928

Activate the threat

 No.661929

>>661927
>>661928
You fire an arrow right into the butt of one of the smaller Radan.
Who, after chirping wildly turns to the Radan next to him and hits him right in the jaw. A fight between the two ensues.
The white rat looks at it and starts rubbing his temples.

>>661926
This is no laughing matter, there's a safety on it, since it's still operational. You'll have to bypass that.
Roll crafting.

 No.661930

>>661929
How lucky for me, no need to reveal my position at all. I suppose I can slink back to our holdfast before the pressure seal is disengaged.

 No.661931

>>661930
All of the Radan walk over to the fight, while the white rat angrily stomps closer to break it up.
They're all very close together now. Let's hope your passer by can open the hatch in time.
We gotta wait a bit for Andy

 No.661932

>>661929
'1d20+10' crafting check!

Roll #1 5 + 10 = 15

 No.661933

>>661932
>>661931
You bypass the lock and slowly loosen the hatch. Right before the hatch opens, there's a loud hissing sound as some air escapes.
The white rat perks his airs and turns around towards it.
He looks Fairweather into the eyes for a second before the hatch blows open and a strong air current blows all the rats backwards, smashing them against the walls, into the water, against rocks.
White Rat smashes head first into a pointy stalagmite, disappearing into the water as well.

Closing the hatch will be difficult, requiring another crafting roll.
It's not mandatory, but would prevent any danger for other breezies that come through here

 No.661934

>>661933
Well, I should try to close it, just in case. '1d20+10'

Roll #1 19 + 10 = 29

 No.661935

>>661934
>>661933
You might not be a great fighter but you're an excellent tinker. You close the hatch by using an auxiliary system to slow down the air in the pipe long enough to close it up.
Your Tinker Inspector would have been proud.

 No.661936

>>661935
Yea! let myself have a prideful smile and go out to see how the others are.

 No.661937

>>661936
You fly back up towards Ribbon.
Clearcloud holds his hoof up for a hoofbump.
Fairweather is nowhere to be seen.

 No.661938

>>661937
Hoofbump him, super hard! but its actually so gentle he barely notices
Uh, did fairweather get blown away too? Look for her down the tunnel '1d20+10' search?

Roll #1 12 + 10 = 22

 No.661939

>>661938
>>661930
You don't see her anywhere!
She must be very well hidden!

 No.661940

>>661939
She wouldn't leave without her cat! Keep floating and looking around at the area.

 No.662535

>>661940
>>661938
I regroup with the other Breezies

 No.662536

>>662535
>>661939
I wipe away the sweat from my worried brow with a sigh and settle back down near the cat.

 No.662537

>>662536
>>662535
You regroup with Ribbon, Clearcloud and the captured Radan.
"That was a brilliant execution" says Clearcloud.

 No.662538

>>662537
"[size=4]Thanks"

 No.662539

>>662537
>>662536
"The plaza… The palace can't be far, but it might be even worse… this isn't just a random tunnel. It's a major public place. T-they're taking over!"

 No.662540

>>662538
>>662539
"It's imperative that we proceed to the Duchess castle with great haste. It is highly probable we can find aid there."

 No.662541

>>662540
"Take care of the wounded and prisoners. I… I guess I'll make sure the way is safe."

Hurry ahead with Ribbon to scout ahead.

 No.662542

>>662541
You hop on Ribbon and rush forward to the next tunnel.
It's very very dark…

>>662538
>>662539
"Shall we move on as well, Pattern?"

 No.662543

>>662542
I don't Ride Ribbon because I'm not very good at it (1 rank). But that might be something I practice later on to get better at it.

Still, I'm sure Ribbon would Notice if there was any danger here in the dark… how much further can this palace be? At least the dark will make it so I'm not given away at first blush.

Keep moving, I need to be able to warn them if there are enemies ahead.

 No.662544

>>662541
>>662542
I shutter and go along with Fairweather.

 No.662545

>>662543
>>662544

It's unusual for it to be so dark here, normally fluorescent moss on the walls would light the way.
But Ribbon gives no sign of trouble and after a few minutes you enter the Duchess Plaza and see the shining lights in the windows of the Palace towers.
The Duchess' Palace is a hollow wooden structure shaped like rose bush. The roofs are decorated with large glowing blue flowers.
There's a number of Breezies here.
Some other Breezies coming from another tunnel.
There's one breezie in militia uniform pointing for them to get inside the Palace.
At the courtyard some medical tent has been set up and a number of Breezies are being treated for bruises, freezing, etc.

 No.662546

>>662545
>>662543
"I.. guess we should tell them.. about the radan?"

 No.662547

>>662545
>>662544
I see… Well, I guess the militia Breezie can go get healing, and those tinkers will probably turn in the Radan I beat up. Talking to ponies about a reward would be more trouble than it's worth, I'd rather just stay on my own.

"Okay, it's clear. I guess this is where we split up. Bye."

 No.662548

>>662547
I flutter in front of you hesitating and then pull out a piece of paper and make clover shape holding it out to you.
"T-thanks.."

 No.662549

>>662548
Take it uncertainly. "Y-yeah."

Okay, to the palace.

 No.662550

>>662549
>>662548
You go to the Palace where the militia breezie is talking to another high ranking militia officer.
"No tinkers, sir. I believe most have been called away earlier to deal with the breach in the Dynamo Core or whatever those tinkers call it."
The breezie in the iron armor stomps his hooves.
"Blast, I don't have time to go all the way down there. We need a tinker and any fighters we ca-"

They turn as they see you both approaching.
"YOU." he points to Pattern "You wear a Tinker Guild uniform. You're a tinker?"

 No.662551

>>662550
It's just military here? In some ways that's a relief, but where is the Duchess?

 No.662552

>>662550
I nod "Yes.. I'm a Tinker.."

 No.662553

>>662551
You remember seeing her earlier in the nearly collapsing Market Plaza.
She was there with some Galemancers using magic to keep the ceiling stable.

Just to be clear, you're outside the Palace still, just outside. You can see lots of breezies inside even from here.

The armored captain looks towards Ribbon, then to you. "Can you fight? I need some breezies who aren't afraid of ghosts."

>>662552
"Good. I need you right now."

 No.662554

>>662553
"W-what?! Just because I'm from the Bush you think I'm some kind of s-savage? Why would you say that?!"

Oh right, but maybe she got cut off…

 No.662555

>>662554
He points to the cat.
"Because there's very few breezies that fly around with a cat beside them. Now will you help or not? There's lives at stake and I can't sit here and have a talk with some tea and buscuits."

 No.662556

>>662555
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.662557

>>662553
my antenna flop back and I hold up my wrench. "W-what's the problem sir?"

 No.662558

>>662555
Frown

"Why even live somewhere with guards if I have to defend it myself anyway? That's not fair to Ribbon! I moved here for a better life!"

 No.662559

>>662557
"I'll explain on the way to the Organ Terrace…"

>>662558
"Then you're welcome to go into the Palace and wait with the others, but I need help from your cat so tell him to follow me or you might have several Breezie lives on your conscience."

 No.662560

>>662559
Hug Ribbon. "It won't be on my conscience if guards can't guard. Besides, do you even know how to command war animals? I don't see any others around here. And what if he got hurt? I might be the only vet in Breezie Hollow!"

 No.662561

>>662559
"W-wait, there are some Radan a-and a hurt breezy.." I quietly reply worriedly.

 No.662562

>>662560
"I know how to deal with animals.
As for him getting hurt, well you might better come with us if you're worried about that."
Ribbon growls.

>>662561
"They can go to the medical center."
He whistles to the militia.
"Bright, keep an eye on those Radan."

 No.662563

>>662562
Give him a firm nod feeling a little better knowing that, and fly with him to the Organ.

 No.662564

>>662562
"Ribbon doesn't even like you! We're staying here."

 No.662565

>>662564
His eyes narrow.
"Let it be on your head then, and you can count on this.
I never forget a face and if Breezies die because of this, I'll make sure your further life in our town will be very unpleasant."
He flies off with Pattern.
The wounded militia breezie trots up beside you.
"Oh boy, you don't want Fargale mad at you. He's got a temper like you wouldn't believe."

 No.662566

>>662563
You fly up.
"As you know, the organ terrace leads to the outside world.
It's chaos there now. The winds are blowing everything away.
There was a group of junior galemancers there when the storm hit and they're in danger of simply blowing away out of our town. And worse, there's something strange with this storm, there's some strange creatures in the wind."

 No.662567

>>662565
"Is that why you joined the military and got yourself wounded? So that a commander wouldn't be mad at you?"

Look over his wounds that I bandaged earlier. "Was it worth it? You might have bled out before. The rest of your unit is where, dead? And he didn't even seem concerned."

 No.662568

>>662566
"Strange creatures? Like what?"

 No.662569

>>662567
He sits down.
"Whatever's happening up on Organ Terrace, it must be big for the commander to be like this."
Militia soldier Bright flies over.
"Blue? By the Duchess, what happened to you? Wait, I'll get you a doctor!"

>>662568
"I have never seen them before.
They're in the wind somehow, we can't see them, then they suddenly appear and strike and vanish again."

 No.662570

>>662569
"Eep! Shouldn't we.. stay away from them?"

 No.662571

>>662569
"Maybe I should get out of town now. Everything's falling apart and he said he's going to get revenge on me later. Maybe things are better back in Bush Country."

 No.662572

>>662570
"No, we have to save the junior Galemancers.
Here's where you come in.
The winds are so strong we attach a rope to every breezie going in there.
Listen, the organ is attached to a series of gears. My Breezies will go and try to rope the junior galemancers, if you in the meantime can try to get that mechanism to work, we can pull everyone back in that way."
He grumbles.
"If we only had that cat, cats don't fly off as easily as breezie, would have made our jobs way easier."

>>662571
"You sure? It's a storm out there right now."
A medic comes over to look at the wounded militia. The Radan have been surprisingly docile so far.
"Say, Bright, why's the commander freaking out like this? He didn't even ask about the Radan.."
"Quite frankly, I don't think we have even the manpower to think about Radan right now. The entire Tinker Guild is at the Dynamo station making sure it doesn't explode and there's some kind of wind demons at the Organ Terrace."
He shakes his head. "I don't like it but me and the few militia members inside are all that's here if there's more Radan."

 No.662573

>>662572
"Maybe he made a mistake committing so many soldiers to the terrace. Everyone at the palace could be easy prey for a Radan attack."

 No.662574

>>662572
Take a deep breath and flap my wing hard to resist the wind pressure, even though we aren't there yet.
Do I happen to know about this organ already?

 No.662575

>>662573
"I sure hope not!
Did you see a lot of Radan?"
He looks to the defenses.
"If we can shore up the defenses a bit, perhaps we can stand a chance…if there's not a legion of them."
The wounded breezie is patched up and stands up.
"What's so important up in Organ Terrace anyway? We can rebuild the organ if need be…"
"There was a whole group of junior Galemancers there when the storm started, Fargale says we might lose an entire generation of Galemancers…"
"Hmmm…and wait, wasn't Fargale's younger sister in training to be a Galemancer?"
"…come to think of it…"

>>662574
Yes, everyone in town knows about it. And you as a tinker have seen its inner workings before. Shouldn't be too hard, well under normal circumstances.
You both reach the Organ Terrace tunnel. There's a guard at the end near the gate.
"Take one of the ropes we attached here and attach it to your body. Once we're inside, try not to fly."

 No.662576

>>662575
I see.

"There were fifteen, led by a warlord. Did you know those unconscious breezies? The ones that got blown away with the Radan? They probably drowned…"

 No.662577

>>662575
Tie the rope securely around my waist. "Is this right? "

 No.662578

>>662576
"Wait, didn't I tell you to lure the Radan towards the air pipe? You know, away from the unconcious breezies? You're telling me those militia blew away too?!?"
You didn't see them get blown away actually.
You just went forth and didn't even bother to check.

>>662577
He nods.
"Ready?"

 No.662579

>>662578
"I did, but the water's rising, right? None of us went back to check on them. Maybe you should. Even if they haven't drowned, the Radan might find them again."

Glance toward the roof of the chamber. "I guess it's not my responsibility either way. Still, if we lose the galemancers… I'll miss the birds the organ pipes attract."

Go after Pattern. I guess I have to do everything in this city. It's no different from Bush Country at all.

 No.662580

>>662578
"As ready as I can be.." Wait from him to open the door bracing myself for a gust of wind.

 No.662581

>>662578
>>662580
Maneuvering Ribbon up to the higher reaches of the Hollow is no doubt trickier than flying. There just aren't enough avenues for those without wings. But maybe I'll arrive in time.

 No.662582

>>662579
"I will…I thought you had…Bright, I'll be right back."
He flies off.
Ready to go towards Organ Terrace?

>>662580
The door opens and you nearly get blown away from the get go as air rushes forth.
You crawl quickly forward and are now in Organ Terrace, as the gate closes behind you again.
Outside the Terrace you see dark clouds, rain, lightning, but the view inside is even worse.
The militia are fighting with some kind of invisible enemy. You see them darting around sometimes, they look like Breezie as well, blurry. They appear briefly to attack a militia member before vanishing again and attacking from the rear. The militia keep their ground valiantly but they themselves are held down by their ropes, while the invading creatures dart easily through the gusts.
Making the whole scene complete is a very disturbing continuous sound coming from the organ pipes, sending chills up your spine.
"I'll cover you!" shouts Fargale.

Roll Acrobatics to reach the Organ mechanism.

 No.662583

>>662581
Luckily Ribbon is a good climber.
You soon reach the Organ terrace chamber. A gust of wind rushes down, almost sending you tumbling down. It stops quickly again however.

 No.662584

>>662583
I mean the >organ terrace Tunnel

You're almost there!
Sorry.

 No.662585

>>662582
'1d20+2' Running like a scared little breezy!

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.662586

>>662583
Get a tight hold of Ribbon and proceed with care.

 No.662587

>>662585
You slowly crawl forward but make little success before a wind creature pops up in front of you, ready to strike!
But Fargale blocks the strike at the last moment.
Another acrobatics roll.

>>662586
Ribbon climbs up to the Organ Terrace gate.
The guard looks at you. "Hey, did Fargale send you? If not, get out here, this is a dangerous place!"

 No.662588

>>662587
'1d20+2' Keep crawling..

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.662589

>>662587
"He pressed me."

 No.662590

>>662589
"We can use all the help we can get.
Do you know what's inside?"
He throws you a rope, which is attached to a ring here.


>>662588
Another Breezie creature pops up and hits you on the head.
You lose '1d6' Vitality

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.662591

>>662588
Another Acrobatics roll

 No.662592

>>662590
I growl with anger at the wind creature, stopping to craft a small paper barrier for myself against their attack.
'1d20+12'
Cast shield, giving me a 1/2 personal cover and blocking magic missiles.

Roll #1 19 + 12 = 31

 No.662593

>>662592
You're protected by a paper barrier.
This gives you a little more confidence and an extra +3 to your next acrobatics roll!

 No.662594

>>662590
Attach it. "Wind, organ, and 'ghosts'."

 No.662595

>>662594
"Yes, a tinker went in just a few minutes ago. She needs to reach the organ mechanism and reactivate it. We've already attached ropes to it and the other militia are trying to reach the Galemancers so we can pull them in that way.
First thing you should do is try to reach the tinker and get her to the organ. Ready?"

 No.662596

>>662595
"No. Open it anyway."

 No.662597

>>662596
He opens the door and you're greeted with another gust of air.

You crawl quickly forward and are now in Organ Terrace, as the gate closes behind you again.
Outside the Terrace you see dark clouds, rain, lightning, but the view inside is even worse.
The militia are fighting with some kind of invisible enemy. You see them darting around sometimes, they look like Breezie as well, blurry. They appear briefly to attack a militia member before vanishing again and attacking from the rear. The militia keep their ground valiantly but they themselves are held down by their ropes, while the invading creatures dart easily through the gusts.
Making the whole scene complete is a very disturbing continuous sound coming from the organ pipes.

You see your tinker friend(?) crawling forward not too far from here, while Fargale keeps some of the wind ghosts at bay.

As long as you're with Ribbon, you gain a +7 to any rolls made to maneuver in the wind.

Roll Acrobatics to maneuver to Pattern

 No.662598

>>662597
Push forward '1d20+14'

Roll #1 17 + 14 = 31

 No.662599

>>662598
That's actually 32 my bad

 No.662600

>>662593
'1d20+5' acrobatics

Roll #1 17 + 5 = 22

 No.662601

>>662600
You crawl further unopposed, reaching the gear works underneath the organ.
Suddenly another monster besides you!
Oh wait, it's that cat and your friend(?)

>>662599
>>662598
You reach Pattern just as she reaches the radarwork underneath the organ.

 No.662602

>>662601
>>662600
Crawling blindly and afraid of the unknown… it's not what suits me. I'm a scholar, not a burglar. Maybe if I could Search '1d20+12' the winds for a better view of the creatures, I could tell what they are, and maybe figure out a better idea than sitting here helplessly.

Roll #1 1 + 12 = 13

 No.662603

>>662601
>>662602
I scream and put the paper shield between us before realizing its not a monster.

 No.662604

>>662601
If Pattern is ready she can start a Crafting roll to alter the gear network….

>>662602
As you look for a good view one suddenly pops up in front of you, but even this close, it's blurry as if you're looking through water.
The punch it gives you feels real as hell however. Smashing you off your hooves and sending you into the air.
You're tumbling through the air and without the rope you'd have been toast.
Roll athletics to try to pull yourself back in, or call for help maybe?

 No.662605

>>662604
I'll call Ribbon to reel me in.

What ARE those things?

 No.662606

>>662604
"O-okay.. Um.. just a moment.."
'1d20+10' crafting

Roll #1 18 + 10 = 28

 No.662607

>>662605
You have no clue!
It looked like a Breezie for the second you saw it.
But you've never encountered something like this before.

Roll an Acrobatics for Ribbon to pull you in.

>>662606
You rewire a few and there! It's ready to go!
You may turn on the organ machine whenever you feel ready.

 No.662608

>>662607
They need that right away? Wave back at the breezy captain to be sure.

 No.662609

>>662607
Strong cat '1d20+8'

Roll #1 20 + 8 = 28

 No.662610

>>662609
Ribbon easily pulls you back to safety.
You see that Pattern has rewired the machine by now.
Roll Notice.

>>662608
You see him nod at you!
Time to activate the machine?
Roll Notice.

 No.662611

>>662610
Eh? '1d20+8'

Roll #1 20 + 8 = 28

 No.662612

Activate it.

 No.662613

>>662610
I will unless I notice something bad!
'1d20+9'

Roll #1 4 + 9 = 13

 No.662614

>>662611
>>662612
>>662613
As Fairweather looks around, she happens to notice a small maintenance tunnel. Her trained bush eye immediately notices the slight spots of blood, a trail leading from it to…
She ducks right in time for a blade to miss her by an inch. She grabs the arm and throws him over.
No way Pattern can miss this either. It's the white Radan from earlier.
He's got a grave wound on the head and is bleeding.
He grits his teeth and unsheathes his second blade.

Roll Initiative.
Wf, don't forget to roll for Ribbon too!

 No.662615

>>662614
Frantically point at him so the breezy captain can see too.
'1d20+3' init

Roll #1 19 + 3 = 22

 No.662616

>>662614
Fast Breezie '1d20+7'
Cunning Cat '1d20+5'

Roll #1 9 + 7 = 16 / Roll #2 12 + 5 = 17

 No.662617

'1d20+3'

>>662615
'1d20+8'

Roll #1 11 + 3 = 14 / Roll #2 19 + 8 = 27

 No.662618

PATTERN PITCH TURN

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=171321

>>662615
The Breezie captain has seen you and is on his way, but he's being blocked by more ghosts, it will take a few turns.

 No.662619

>>662618
I cut out a breezy of paper and duck behind the cat. Mimic my voice taunting the radan in his tongue "Smelly Mouse can't swim. Nyah Nyah"
'1d20+12'
an Illusionary Image 2

Roll #1 8 + 12 = 20

 No.662620

>>662618
White Radan is subject to Bushwhack Supremacy and its speed falls to 1/2

Ribbon strikes
'1d20+3' for '2d10+2' (Threat 17+)
If it hits, Rend…
'1d20+3' for '2d10+2' (Threat 17+)

I move back and fire by bow! '1d20+6' for '1d6+1'

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11 / Roll #2 1, 4 + 2 = 7 / Roll #3 17 + 3 = 20 / Roll #4 10, 10 + 2 = 22 / Roll #5 9 + 6 = 15 / Roll #6 1 + 1 = 2

 No.662621


 No.662642

>>662619
You create an illusionary image. It looks exactly like you, but doesn't move. Will it fool the Radan?

>>662620
Ribbon leaps forward and attempts to bite, only to be blocked by the Radan's twin blades.

You can't fire your bow from here. You're on the ground and ribbon is blocking your sight from that angle!
Reposition?

 No.662643

>>662642
Radan aren't too smart, so maybe!

 No.662644

>>662642
I want to move outside of his move radius but the map is too small!

 No.662645

>>662644
The gearwork maintenance area is quite tight!

 No.662646

>>662645
Okay, well, I guess I'll stay where I was then because it won't matter, he can close with me anywhere and at least that way I get the no-move bonus.

 No.662647

>>662646
Okay.
You stay where you are.

Radan's Turn
The Radan jumps up and attempts to stab ribbon with both swords.
'1d20+1' Dmg '2d12+3'

Roll #1 20 + 1 = 21 / Roll #2 3, 3 + 3 = 9

 No.662648

>>662647
Activate Threat.
The Radan's jump catches Ribbon by surprise and the Radan jumps over Ribbon, slicing Ribbon near the neck.
Ribbon is bleeding, but still up.

PATTERN'S TURN

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=171461

 No.662649

>>662648
I'm in the wrong spot on that, remember I said I wouldn't move after all after your counsel

 No.662650

>>662649
So wait, what do you mean by not moving?
You mean you're not moving from >>662621 or do you mean you're not moving at all from your original position?

 No.662651

>>662647
The cat is getting seriously hurt, I will try to help it by attacking '1d20+2' '1d10' damage

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.662652

>>662650
From the original position, that way my attack could go through

 No.662653


 No.662654

>>662652
Oh sorry then, I'll fix it, and yes, you hit him point blank with your arrow.

Is this good?

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=171466

 No.662655


 No.662656


 No.662657

For my other action I'll take another shot

'1d20+6'
'1d6+1'

Roll #1 10 + 6 = 16 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3

 No.662658

>>662651
>>662653
You fire another shot, hitting the Radan in the arm.

PATTERN TURN

>>662653
>>662651

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=171467

You rush the Radan trying to hit him, but he expertly blocks your attacks. Maybe more magic would work next time?

Ribbon's Turn

 No.662659

>>662658
Slash! Slash! He takes two attacks! Each one that hits procs a rend.

'1d20+3'
'1d20+3'

Roll #1 15 + 3 = 18 / Roll #2 20 + 3 = 23

 No.662660

>>662659
Both hit, and activate that threat!

'1d20+3' '1d20+3'

Roll #1 20 + 3 = 23 / Roll #2 6 + 3 = 9

 No.662661

>>662660
Activate another threat!

Damage for the non-crits: '4d10+2'

Roll #1 4, 4, 1, 6 + 2 = 17

 No.662662

Damage for the crits: '4d10+4'

Roll #1 3, 8, 5, 9 + 4 = 29

 No.662663

>>662661
That's actually +2 higher

 No.662664

As my full action, I want to end the bleeding effect.

'1d20+14'

"Ribbon! Let me fix that!"

Roll #1 3 + 14 = 17

 No.662665

>>662659
>>662660
>>662661
>>662662
The blood causes some kind of berserker rage within Ribbon. She bites the Radan, lifting him with her teeth and shakes the Radan around angrily.
The Radan manages to slip out, but is heavily bleeding as he crawls back up.

>>662664
Despite your best efforts, the bleeding won't stop.

Radan's Turn
The Radan screams and goes for another double bladed attack on Ribbon '1d20+1' '2d12+3'

Roll #1 16 + 1 = 17 / Roll #2 7, 8 + 3 = 18

 No.662666

>>662665
Another few minor slashes to the face, it seems Ribbon and the Radan are clinched in a fight to the death.

ALL
The creatures in the wind appear to attack

Everyone must roll Reflex

Radan '1d20+4'

Roll #1 7 + 4 = 11

 No.662667

Ribbon Reflex '1d20+4'
My Reflex '1d20+6'

Roll #1 19 + 4 = 23 / Roll #2 16 + 6 = 22

 No.662668

>>662666
'1d20+3'

Roll #1 12 + 3 = 15

 No.662669

>>662666
Radan: FAIL '1d8' dmg
Ribbon: SUCCESS
Fairweather: SUCCESS
Pattern: SUCCESS

PATTERN'S TURN
Your illusionary image poofs away.


http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=171471

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.662670

>>662669
'1d20+2' '1d10' I think I will just keep trying to attack, the spells didn't distract him.

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.662671

>>662670
Once again, the Radan blocks your attack with some ease.

RIBBON TURN

 No.662672

>>662671
"Finish him Ribbon!"

'1d20+3'
'1d20+3'

Roll #1 16 + 3 = 19 / Roll #2 16 + 3 = 19

 No.662673

>>662671
'1d20+3'
'1d20+3'

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11 / Roll #2 18 + 3 = 21

 No.662674

>>662673
>>662672
Three hits I believe

'6d20+6'

Roll #1 19, 2, 6, 17, 18, 18 + 6 = 86

 No.662675

Cure the bleed! '1d20+14'

Roll #1 10 + 14 = 24

 No.662676


 No.662677

>>662674
>>662676
Please reroll that 6d10

 No.662678

>>662677
>>662676
Whoops my bad

'6d10+6'

Roll #1 9, 1, 5, 2, 6, 7 + 6 = 36

 No.662679

>>662678
>>662673
>>662674
>>662675
Ribbon puts his teeth to work and manages to severely hurt the Radan once more.

You quickly bandage up Ribbon and she stops bleeding

Radan Turn
The Radan grits his teeth, chirps and goes for one final all out attack on Ribbon.
'1d20+1' '2d12+1'

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 8, 8 + 1 = 17

 No.662680

>>662679
AD that 9 '1d6'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.662681

>>662679
>>662680
The Radan strikes again and Ribbon seems at the end of her strength.
Ribbon has lost all her Vitality points and gains Fatigue I

Captain Fargale arrives through the ghosts to assist you and will attack at the end of this turn.

PATTERN'S TURN

 No.662682

>>662681
>>662678
'1d20+12' "sorry I can't fight to well, but I know weapons."
Scoot closer to fairweather and give her weapon a little better grip for harder swings.
Cast Magic Weapon giving her +1 to attack and damage rolls with her weapon

Roll #1 18 + 12 = 30

 No.662683

>>662681
Finish the fight!

'1d20+1'
'1d20+1'

Roll #1 19 + 1 = 20 / Roll #2 12 + 1 = 13

 No.662684

Activate the crit, hopefully this wound damage kills outright

'1d20+2'

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.662685

Ribbon stomps on the Radan and bites him, breaking several ribs and bones before throwing him on the ground again.

The White Radan has been beaten and is vulnerable to Coup de Grace.

Fargale grins. "Seems like you didn't need my help after all…can you get the machine working?"

 No.662686

>>662684
With him down, I'll Mend my cat over the next minute to help recover that vitality. '1d20+14' (Anything but a critfail passes)

Roll #1 13 + 14 = 27

 No.662687

>>662685
"Yes! It works. I think."
Fly over and turn it on if its not.

 No.662688

>>662685
Frown at him.

"I didn't come because of your threats. I have my own reasons."

 No.662689

'2d6' Recover vitality

Roll #1 6, 5 = 11

 No.662690

>>662686
Ribbon seems really out of it, she doesn't even look like she wants to play with her prey!

>>662687
You turn on the machine and it starts pulling in the junior Galemancers.
Fargale whistles. "Good work, tinker."

>>662688
He nods.
"Thank you, regardless."

BOTH
Then disaster strikes, one of the ropes breaks and one of the Galemancers starts flying wildly in the air.
"Marrow!" shouts Fargale and he jumps in the air trying to get the loose Galemancer.
But he's simply a plaything for the wind and can't seem to grab her, luckily his rope keeps him from flying away.

 No.662691

>>662690
Acrobatics?

 No.662692

>>662691
You can try to grab her with an acrobatics roll if you want!
Two breezies together have an easier time to brave the wind, so if Pattern wants to try it too, she can roll as well to try to boost you?

 No.662693

>>662692
I've still got that big bonus for being near Ribbon, though I'm not sure if that applies.

'1d20+15' if it does

Roll #1 11 + 15 = 26

 No.662694

>>662693
Not to reach out in the sky for a target.
But you're really close to grabbing her without the Ribbon boost, if only someone else boosted you…

 No.662695

>>662692
>>662693
I can't leave those galemancers in distress but I'm not too good at flying..
'1d20+2'

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.662696

Rolling for a Fargale boost '1d20+10'

Roll #1 16 + 10 = 26

 No.662697

Breezie might be small and frail, but together even the mighty wind forms no obstacle.
All 3 of you try as best as you can to keep together, letting the Breezie magic protect you from the wind.

Fairweather reaches out her hooves and grabs the light blue Breezie named Marrow.
Fargale allows himself a cheer and you look down to see Ribbon looking at both of you with a twinkle in her eyes….

And a little further behind her, the Radan dragging himself in a bloody trail to your attached ropes. With one final grin, he cuts them.

You both and Marrow are suddenly blown away by the wind, tumbling around wildly you feel yourself getting sucked away out of the window.
Tumbling around faster and faster till you don't know what's up, down, left or right.
Darkness surrounds you…surely this is the end….

The End Of this First Adventure

Standby for XP and Rep count

 No.662698

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEPBefYxfWs

Experience
Scene 1
>Save your new friend! (200XP)
>Complex Task: Close the Vault (2/3 - 100XP)
>Escape the Refinery (100XP)

Scene 2
>Convince Clearcloud not to throw his life away (100XP)
>Deal with the Radan incursion (100XP)
>Bonus: do it by opening the air tunnels (+100XP)
>Bonus: no militia may die (+100XP)
>Reach the Palace (200XP)

Scene 3:
>Complex Task: Repurpose the Organ machinery (100XP)
>Defeat the White Radan (150XP)

TOTAL XP: 1250 XP
MODIFIERS: TL2*1250 = 2500XP

Everyone gains 2500 XP

———————————
Reputation
>Save the nectar by closing the nectar vault +1 Rep
>Escape the Refinery +1 Rep
>Save Clearcloud +1 Rep
>Defeat the Radan incursion +1 Rep
>Defeat the White Radan +1 Rep
>Save Marrow +4 Rep

TOTAL REP: 9
MODIFIED: + 2
Everyone gets 11 + their Legend in reputation

No Breezies were hurt during the making of this Adventure.


[Last 50 Posts]
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]