[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1458595351170.gif (4.25 KB, 320x213, Vlag_van_Twente.gif)

 No.658860

The snow is coming. It'll bring a lot more Diamond Dog attacks.

You are stationed in the modest town of Twente, home to a decent sized Magic Academy supplying goods to your forces against the Diamond Dog hordes. While your group has brought in plenty of supplies, you can still see the weariness in the eyes of the civilians, the constant attacks and ceaseless production makes it hard to rest.

But for now, you have a few moments to yourself, at least during this afternoon break. Several other Equines are busy working on fortifications, while a few merchants sell what food and candies they can to liven up spirits in town. Several loud noises can be heard coming from the nearby Academy.

 No.658861

Perk my ears.
Loud noises, what kind of noises?
Like the noises of fillies having fun or the noises of diamond dogs attacking?!?

 No.658862

>>658861
"You're on edge," one of the guards, a Blue Earthie, pipes up, but you can see his eyes searching all over too.

It's a noise coming from the Local Academy. Their newest projects have been keeping others awake at night with all their noises. Usually they have the decency to announce before hoof.

 No.658863

>>658862
"Stupid mages."

 No.658864

>>658863
"Could be worse, at least the eggheads tend to apologize when you see 'em on the streets." The Guard sits back down, taking a deep breathe. "Name's Trake? What's yours?"

 No.658865

>>658864
"Evening Blue."

 No.658866

>>658865
"Beautiful name." He manages to say before another quake and paw grabs him by the throat and drags him under.

 No.658867

>>658866
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"DOGS!!!!"
Try to grab him and pull him back up! '1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.658868

>>658867
"Don't let me go, please!" You manage to hang on, but another Dog has broken through and is rushing towards you!

Several others have broken into the Square and are causing a riot!

 No.658869

>>658868
"I won't let you go!"
Use all my mare power, which in a girls show is incredible, to pull him free! '1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.658870

>>658869
You manage to drag him back out with a hardy pull, but there's no time to breathe. Several Diamond Dogs are rushing your direction, yelling and screaming in their weird Dog tongue while one of them just starts shooting with his improvised pistol!

 No.658871

>>658870
Aaah! Evade and shoot back, Marksman shot
(Forgot to mention that was my talent)
Benefit: Split Ammo to target two DD's

'1d10+2'

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.658872

>>658871
Your ammunition digs into the Dogs! You can see chunks of leg and arm coming of of them.

But they don't react to the damage and keep coming at you as they crawl along the ground!

Evening Blue 6/6

Diamond Dog Helpless/?
Perro de Diamante Helpless/?
Shoot Dog ?/?

Another quake comes, but this one feels like it hits your whole body.

 No.658873

>>658872
!!!
Jump away, dodge! '1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.658874

>>658873
A fierce wind hits your body, but it also seems to sweep away the Dogs.

The wind continues to howl as the sky starts turning an ominous dark color as carts are lifted into the air, then suddenly fall into the Earth.

The ground beneath you starts to collapse.

 No.658875

>>658874
"aaaa!"
Throw my lasso and hope it gets around something '1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.658876

>>658875
You manage to snag a Veggie stall, but it too is pulled underneath with you!

You feel something grabbing on to you and pulling you down, as if gravity wasn't enough! Get it off of you, it's hard to breathe!

 No.658877

>>658876
No, bad grab bad grab.
Shout and scream and get myself free '1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.658878

>>658877
You hit the ground again, managing to free yourself of whatever had you by the throat and legs. But, where is it?!

 No.658879

>>658878
Grab my shotgun and look in all directions shaking like a leaf, shooting randomly.
Do I see it '1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.658880

>>658879
The area is lit by glowing flowers and fungi. But there's no one else here with you. There's some lettuce and a few apples in the ground around you, though one fell into a puddle of water.

You hear more yelling. It's not far, but hard to make out if its Pony or Dog.

 No.658881

>>658880
H-how far is it back up?

 No.658882

>>658881
Above you lies a roof of solid rock. Not even a hint of the hole you fell through. There's a few small tunnels leading "out", for lack of a better word.

"Yaargh!"

 No.658883

>>658882
Gulp.
S-start trotting towards the sounds…

 No.658884

>>658883
There are several small tunnels. You can see some shadows moving if you squint near the leftmost tunnel. One to your right is small, but you don't feel anything in it, at least in the first parts of it.

 No.658885

>>658884
Follow the shadows

 No.658886

>>658885
At least you don't have to crawl to get through this cave.

*BANG!*

There's more screaming!

*BANG!"

Another yell, but it's getting further away.

 No.658887

>>658886
Start galloping

 No.658888

>>658887
You come up to a grim sight that might have made you happy under other circumstances. Dead Dogs everywhere, but many of them have been torn apart.

*Bang!*

"Get away! You won't take me!"

*Bang! Bang!* The Pistol roars as what is obviously a Dog is yelling, only a few corners away now.

 No.658889

>>658888
Oh no!
Run like the wind towards the bang bang noises!
"DON'T WORRY TRAKE I'M HERE"

 No.658890

>>658889
What awaits you isn't Trake, but a Dog soldier. You can peek into the room and see a strange pool near him, but now he seems to be stuck in his motions.

*ClickClick*

His pistol signals that it is out of ammunition, but yet he keeps shooting.

 No.658891

>>658890
Put up my gun.
"DROP YOUR WEAPON!"

 No.658892

>>658891
He breathes rapidly as he looks at you.

The rest of his body does not move.

 No.658893

>>658892
Huh?
Look from the corners of my eyes, is this a trap, is some dog rushing me? '1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.658894

>>658893
His eyes follow you, but the rest of his body stays where it is. The Dog takes a lot of rapid, shallow breathes. There's a rifle near you on the ground, and an extra magazine nearby.

"Who, who are you!?" The Dog asks. It's wearing a regular soldiers kit, but you can see that lots of his pockets are empty, the rest shredded.

 No.658895

>>658894
"Where's the pony!"

 No.658896

>>658895
"What, what pony?"

 No.658897

>>658896
"Answer me or I'll blow your brains against the wall!"

 No.658898

>>658897
The Dog drops the gun.

"I don't know! There isn't supposed to be a pony or anyone else near this outpost!"

 No.658899

>>658898
"You attacked us!"

 No.658900

>>658899
'1d2'

"No! At least, we haven't been ordered too! I think? And not all the way over here!"

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.658901

>>658900
Detect his lies '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.658902

>>658901
She puts her paws up into the air.

"I don't have any ponies here! We didn't attack anyone, I swear!"

You aren't familiar with Dog tells. Only thing you can see is a few bodies and guns around you.

 No.658903

>>658902
"What happened to the dogs!"

 No.658904

>>658903
"Didn't you attack us!? With your pony magic or something? Make some giant bugs attack us?"

 No.658905

>>658904
"What giant bugs?!?"

 No.658906

>>658905
"The ones you attacked us with!"

 No.658907

>>658906
"That wasn't me!" Look around for giant bugs '1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.658908

>>658907
There are numerous tiny holes in the walls and a dangerous number of marks on the walls near the dead dogs.

"Listen, I surrender or whatever! Take me Prisoner to your base away from here and I'll talk or wash the dishes! Just get me away from here!"

 No.658909

>>658908
"Okay." point to the direction I came from. "It's that way, just say you're there to surrender!"

 No.658910

>>658909
"Okay okay, just don't call those bug things back." She gets up, keeping her paws in the air.

A sudden quake sends her head first onto the ground as your route back is suddenly cut off.

 No.658911

>>658910
"Whaaaa-?"

 No.658912

>>658911
Boulders and dirt seal off the way back, just a scant few feet away from where your Dog prisoner was.

She's taken to curling up like a ball.

You feel some wind quickly rush past you from behind.

 No.658913

>>658912
Give her a kick.
"Get up, we need to rush if we wanna live!"

 No.658914

>>658913
"I'm up, I'm up!" She squeaks.

Your ears pick up the noise of rock around you collapsing. A big tunnel opens up to your left, but there's lots of skittering being heard all around you!

 No.658915

>>658914
That's a trap, but they don't know me.
Put a Trap at the entrance '1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.658916

>>658915
You're able to put down a bit of demolition cake on the ground, but you're interrupted by a new Diamond Dog.

A hulking Diamond Dog with a Scorpion tail.

 No.658917

>>658916
BLAM
Marksman shot '1d10+2'
+ Knockout benefit

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.658918

>>658917
The blast knocks the Scorpion Dog flat on the ground, but two shadows dart around it!

Evening Blue 6/6

Scorpion Dog Helpless/?
Shadow 1
Shadow 2

 No.658919

>>658918
>>658918
Hawkeye the shadow 1 '1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.658920

>>658919
The Shadow resembles a pet cat combined with the body of a beetle. Familiar marks and characteristics mix horribly in the brief moment it stopped.

+1 against Shadow 1

 No.658921

>>658920

BLAM THE SHADOW 1 '1d10+1'

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.658922

>>658921
Even with your weapon's spread, the Shadow is much too fast. It teams up with the second one to cut bits your clothing. The Scorpion creature emits a howl unlike any Dog's you've ever heard.

Evening Blue 4/6

Scorpion Dog Helpless/?
Shadow 1
Shadow 2

 No.658923

>>658922
!!!
I-it's nothing.
Fire a close shot at the helpless doge first '1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.658924

>>658923
You can see your shells damage it's shoulder, but not enough to penetrate! It's up now, and it's little Shadows aren't slowing down!

 No.658925

>>658924
Move backwards as I keep shooting at the scorpiondoge '1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.658926

>>658925
This time it felt it, as you can see some of the 'bone' inside the creature from the damage. But hitting the limb isn't fatal yet!

Evening Blue 4/6

Scorpion Dog ?-2/?-2
Shadow 1
Shadow 2

 No.658927

>>658926
Marksman shot at the shadow 1 '1d10+2'

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.658928

>>658927
Turns out, even with its exoskeleton, it can't handle your attacks. It bursts into gore, causing both of its allies to stop from the matter in their eyes.

Another round of shaking, and two long tunnels open up behind you!

 No.658929

>>658928
Huh?!?
Where did the shadows go?!?

 No.658930

>>658929
One of them exploded into bits when you shot it. The other is busy clearing its eyes of the blood and chunks that was the first one.

Scorpion Dog ?-2/?-2
Shadow 1 DEAD
Shadow 2

 No.658931

>>658930
So the fight is still going?

 No.658932

>>658931
Yes, but now you have two tunnels behind you. You can stay and fight, or choose to run through Tunnel 1 and Tunnel 2

 No.658933

>>658932
No I'm gonna shoot Scorpio '1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.658934

>>658933
This time, it chooses to avoid your shot than try to just take the damage, while the Shadow takes its chance to cut into you.

Evening Blue 3/6

Scorpion Dog ?-2/?-2
Shadow 2

Your Dog prisoner is frantically searching her suit for her pistol.

 No.658935

>>658934
"I COULD USE SOME HELP"
Reload and shoot shadow '1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.658936

>>658935
"I can't find my gun! Wait!" She rushes off towards one of the fallen rifles.

Meanwhile, the Shadow bursts into more chunks, stunning the Scorpion.

Evening Blue 3/6

Scorpion Dog ?-2/?-2
Shadow 2 Dead

 No.658937

>>658936
SHOOT DOGE '1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.658938

>>658937
It backs down, going down on a few of the extra legs that make its lower body.

*BANG!*

Your Diamond Dog Prisoner adds another shot to it!

Evening Blue 3/6
Dogge Prisoner 3/3

Scorpion Dog ?-6/?-2

 No.658939

>>658938
Marksman shot to finish it + knockout '1d10+2'

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.658940

>>658939
It barely manages to avoid the bullets, but it's able to get a quick sting in before having to retreat from a second shot from the Dogge's rifle.

And now, her new weapon jammed.

Evening Blue 2/6
Dogge Prisoner 3/3

Scorpion Dog ?-2/?-2

 No.658941

>>658940
STUPID DOG
shoot '1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.658942

>>658941
This time, it thinks it over and decides to try and retreat to where it came from, as it is bleeding all over.

The Dogge still hasn't gotten her rifle unjammed.

 No.658943

>>658942
Follow it.
BLAM '1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.658944

>>658943
Right before it can enter its hole, your pellets manage to penetrate and split the creature in half. It lies in its own gore, twitching.

Your Diamond Dog Prisoner is frantically trying to load her weapon, to the point where she's closed off the outside world.

 No.658945

>>658944
"Don't mind that!" Poke her

 No.658946

>>658945
"Aaah!" She yells as she drops her weapon. "Don't hurt me!"

 No.658947

>>658946
Roll my eyes.
"If you wanna stop being a scaridypon…dog, then get up"

 No.658949

>>658947
"Uhm, aye! I mean, Yes!" She gets off the ground again, shooting her paws back into the air.

 No.658950

>>658949
Run through tunnel 2

 No.658951

>>658950
It's a bigger tunnel, good if you need to shoot something.

It's also much quieter, with only the sound from the occasional waterfall. Though, you do hear some music from up ahead.

 No.658952

>>658951
Follow the music

 No.658953

>>658952
The tunnel connects to a massive cavern. It's so long and large that the darkness hides most of it, except for what looks like a hotel overwatching a cliff. It is angled a bit to the side, and the piano music adds an occasional banging to it.

"Is, this your base Pony? It's kind of, bad."

 No.658954

>>658953
"No it's not!"
Kinda tired Knight

 No.658955

>>658954
She gives you a disbelieving look as you all continue to march towards it.

Then the music stopped.

And a couple of Goats pointed guns at you through the Windows.

PAUSE



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]