[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1458093554802.png (230.14 KB, 500x500, tascheter.png)

 No.658506[Last 50 Posts]

Old thread: >>653219

 No.658507

File: 1458093623487.jpg (93.13 KB, 600x600, eye-of-the-storm-web.jpg)

Sheets and what have you.

 No.658508


 No.658509


 No.658510

File: 1458094015841.jpg (207.09 KB, 627x749, 1457024666081.jpg)


 No.658511

File: 1458094115400.gif (1.94 MB, 889x500, Hype.gif)


 No.658512


 No.658513

File: 1458094145677.webm (3.55 MB, 720x480, SleepytimeGondola.webm)

>>658507
http://pastebin.com/huPHJCdC

I drew this, I feel accomplished. I also made the webm and added the music. Didn't make the music though

 No.658514


 No.658515

>>658508
>>658509
>>658511
>>658512
>>658513
>>658514
>10 642, Myna's Day of Commotion. Late afternoon.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party encountered the sorcerer Dreamcoat, who asked them to join him in his efforts to bring immortality to the masses; however, they refused his offer. Having burned bridges and made an enemy of him, Dreamcoat vowed to punish them, reminding them of their companion Archie's unknown fate before leaving the Dreaming Spring again. Not long after, the party met with the Resistance leader Doom, who had returned from the battle at the Far Cairn alongside his troops with grievous injuries…

>Tourmaline is at 10/5

>Maali is at 7/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Gopal is at 6/5
>Abenad is at 7/5
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Galehaut is at 6/5
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel

>Old thread: >>657876


As you look on, Doom passes out from blood loss, held propped up by two other injured ponies. The scene quickly turns chaotic as the most heavily wounded among the returning soldiers are carried to the stronghold's infirmary. "You there!" barks the whiskered bat pony by his side, addressing the small group that are gathered around the gruesome scene. "Don't just stand there, help get the wounded to safety! Now!"
"You'd better do what he says," Boiling Point comments. "He looks important."

 No.658516

>>658515

"The wounded?" Timber parrots the phrase. "Are there more?"

 No.658517

>>658515
Galehaut turns to the party, shield in hoof,

"We must help them, we cannot do any more about Dreamcoat at the moment, and these are just ponies trying to survive through this plagued time."

Galehaut moves ahead to help without further question, seeing if he can help carry the injured or protect people still fighting.

 No.658518

>>658515
Abenad puts the hammer onto his back once more, going out to pull some wounded soldiers in. "Where do I put them?" He asks, with two of them under either arm like sacks of potatoes.

 No.658519

>>658515
Gloria doesn't hesitate at the command, assisting in helping the wounded get to the infirmary.

 No.658520

>>658515
She helps take in the wounded and puts them wherever the others do.

 No.658521

>>658515
Nodding to Boiling, he turns to the Bat pony ''I-I will head to the infirmary and help in healing them'' He replies, following the soldiers being carried and doing his best to start healing them on their way

 No.658522

>>658516
"Aye, there's more on the way," he grunts as he helps to carry Doom into the stronghold. "This is just the first wave."

>>658518
"To Ormen Sanctuary, at the far end of the stronghold. This way."

>>658517
>>658519
>>658520
>>658521
>timeskip
The next few hours are chaotic. More and more wounded keep arriving from the battle, and there are barely enough ponies in good enough shape to tend to them all. Some do not survive, and their bodies are put in cells in case they return blank. After the first hour, a group of strange crystal ponies in roughspun brown cloaks and chains across their torsos arrive. Some among the party would recognize these as being Disciples of Order, who have some connection to Kether, Dreamcoat and the undead curse. They tend to as many soldiers as they can, healing the most grievous of injuries with many a hushed prayer.
While tending to the wounded, the whiskered bat pony, whose name is Regulus, takes command of everyone as Doom's right hoof. You soon learn of what transpired at the Far Cairn; while the resistance ultimately drove away the Shells, it was a hollow victory. The enemy had built a terrible war machine to use against them, described as an enormous barrel that belched great iron spheres among smoke and fire to decimate the fortress walls. The machine was ultimately destroyed, but many were injured.
Late that night, Regulus approaches you all as you take a well-deserved break from healing the wounded. "The king has awoken," he says gruffly. "He wishes to speak with you. I would recommend you do so."

 No.658523

>>658522

Timber frowns. "I'm sorry we couldn't be there. Our mission had us delayed several times over."

He looks on as more wounded are brought in. "I am no healer, but I will help them as best I can."

For the hours that follow, Timber uses his Life Elemental form to inject his roots into the wounded to provide them with life-giving nutrients to expedite their own natural healing processes.

Upon being requested to speak with the king, Timber nods nonchalantly. He silently leaves what he is doing and goes to Doom.

 No.658524

>>658522
Abenad had been spending most of his efforts moving bodies around since the only medicine he was any good at was just first aid. After working without his shirt on to keep it clean, his chest and arms were covered with blood. He agrees to meet with Doom, but meets up with the group after cleaning himself off.

 No.658525

>>658522
Galehaut nods, following silently.

 No.658526

>>658522
''Okay…Please take us to him'' He nods and follows

 No.658527

Washing herself off, she finds Kivoda to drag him to the meeting.

 No.658528

>>658522
"I apologize for not being there to assist everyone… I don't expect Lord Doom to be easy on us." She says, making her way to see Doom.

 No.658529

>>658527
You find Kivoda in the mess hall, engaged in a passionate conversation with Boiling Point. It seems like the two are becoming fast friends. In the corner, Candy Claws is playing the lute absent-mindedly. She looks up as you enter, giving you a friendly smile.
"Your girlfriend's here," Boiling says with a wry grin. Kivoda turns around. "Girlfriend? What do you mean by- Oh. Hello, Tourmaline. Do you need something?"

>>658528
"King Doom," Regulus corrects you sternly. "Call him what he is."

>>658523
>>658524
>>658525
>>658526
>>658528
You return to Ormen Sanctuary, where most of the wounded are being held. It is a large room with a high ceiling, with very frugal decoration. The back of the room holds altars of just about every major religion in the known world. This place is meant to be used as a chapel, but it doubles as an infirmary due to the restoratory nature of miracles. A few Disciples can be seen tending to some of the freedom fighters. They pay little attention to you, focused as they are on their work.
Doom is standing on one of the many mattresses in the sanctuary, leaning on a cane. He looks awful. The left side of his face is battered and bruised in addition to the scars he bears, his left back leg and torso are wrapped in bloody bandages, and he looks pale and sweaty.
There is a moment of silence as he glares at you all with his good eye. "I looked for you during the battle," he says eventually. "But you were not there." It seems to hurt him just to speak.

 No.658530

>>658529
Abenad raises his arms up in apology. "My apologies, we went to Jevel after checking on the garrison, and that's where we've been all day. I'd have liked to be there, believe me, but the group as a whole was more keen on exploring Jevel and getting some things for Dreamcoat and ourselves."

"Speaking of which, did you know Dreamcoat's the reason this whole curse is happening?"

 No.658531

>>658529
He takes a step foward ''I…I apologize King Doom…That happened because of me. Before we left I talked to Dreamcoat if he had any tasks he would like us to do, and he told us about an orb that was in a tower in the abandoned City Jevel…''
He lowers his head and his gaze to the floor

''If I had not asked that, we would have returned quicker and we would be there for the battle…And then maybe things would not have turned out that way…King Doom…'' The deer lifts his gaze, looking at Doom's face
''This was all my fault…Please forgive me''

 No.658532

>>658529
After explaining they're needed in Doom's chambers, she leads him back there. After that, she remains quiet and listens to the others get bitched out.

 No.658533

>>658529
Gloria ignores Regulus' correction, knowing now is not a time to converse about personal views.

When she's now in doom's presence, all she can do is combat her feelings of failure. "Lord Doom, there is nothing I can say that will show how deeply apologetic that I am… and there are no excuses that I can make for myself or the others." She says, hoping that admitting her failures will at least earn some shred of respect from the badly beaten lord.

"We made discoveries in Jevel, along with finding out that Dreamcoat was the creator of this curse that has afflicted your land. I do not ask for forgiveness, Lord Doom… But I ask that you allow me to continue working to save this land for the good of your people." She asks, bowing in respect to Doom.

 No.658534

>>658529

"My apologies, your majesty," Timber says with a respectful bow. "The mission you sent us on had us sidetracked and delayed several times over. Though, it was not without fruit."

"The settlement you sent us to was destroyed by a being named Tascheter. I don't know if you recognize the name. She was once an assistant to Dreamcoat. She is now a snake-like creature. Her venom poisoned the ponies at the settlement and remained in their bodies after death. Thus, they died several times over from a single bite. The settlement went quiet because they all went Blank likely within hours."

"We then proceeded to conduct research which revealed why such a fate had befallen Tascheter. What we found as the origin of the curse on Rin. It was an immortality spell gone awry developed by Prince Kether and subsequently used by Dreamcoat."

"Do what you will with that information. I hope that it can be of some assistance. I know that it's a small recompense for what was lost in the battle."

 No.658535

>>658529
Galehaut, hearing the party speak, allows them for the most part to explain it to them,

"I regret we were not able to aid you in battle, and am in mental penance at the moment now that I've heard of the situation that was here. Still, I believe we took the correct course of action pursuing this intrigue, as this was a reconnaissance mission, and I stand firm that this group, while cantankerous at times, took initiative to slay evil and find important information: two things not to be taken as foolheartedly."

 No.658536

>>658530
>>658531
>>658532
>>658533
>>658534
>>658535
At the mention of Dreamcoat's involvement, he goes even paler with shock. He seems unable to speak for a moment as he tries to process your accusation. "…Dreamcoat… Kether… Then that inn we saw… and the strange dream…" He is silent again for a moment. "If… If this were any other group of deserters, I would have you executed on the spot. But this… This is something else altogether. If what you say is true, the implications of this are…" He trails off. "I suppose you've brought some proof of this claim."
Kivoda seems reluctant to say anything at the moment. He probably feels guilty for having dragged you all into the Sentinel dungeon and delayed your return.

 No.658537

>>658536
"Don't worry about an apology, I'm still sorry I wasn't able to fight alongside you. I'd be interested in a friendly duel with you, but you're not looking up to snuff at the moment."

"As for Dreamcoat, I suggest quietly and politely purging him from your organization and circle."

 No.658538

>>658536
''I…uh…Did we?'' He asks, turning to the party

 No.658539

"Timber has a journal we found while retrieving an orb for Dreamcoat… Before we had made our horrible discovery about him."

 No.658540

>>658536

"I…" Timber pauses for a moment, considering how to proceed.

"I took a journal I found in the tower in Jevel. I believe it will be useful in our quest to end this curse. So, I would like to keep it once you are done with it."

Timber takes the journal out of his stone armor and presents it to Doom. "It appears to have either been written by a combination of Prince Kether and Dreamcoat or simply Dreamcoat."

"Which… brings me to a question I feel I must ask. This may seem like a foolish and pointless question to ask. But, I am not… 'from' Rin as I argued before. So, I do not know the politics of this kingdom or any other surrounding nations. Whose child was Prince Kether?"

 No.658541

>>658536
Galehaut lets the others speak, not having anything to contribute.

 No.658542

>>658536
In the back, she begins to do calf raisers, yanking up Kivoda to make him do the same. "They'll help you walk better in the armor," she explains quietly.

 No.658543

>>658537
"Well, naturally. If what you say is true, then he's the enemy of us all, even the Shells. I find it hard to swallow that Dreamcoat would be the cause of all our suffering."

>>658540
He extends one hoof and takes it from you. He seems to dread having to page through it, but he does so all the same. When he gets to the pages indicating his involvement, he covers his mouth and slumps onto the mattress in despair. "Dreamcoat… Why… I trusted him…" He seems unable to do anything but stare at the journal in horror. After a moment, he looks up to you. "I… I see how it is. Thank you, adventurers, for bringing this to me. Rest assured, that worm will not be suffered to walk among us any longer. He will pay for his sins. I will have his quarters searched for anything of use, then destroyed.
"As for your question, I could not say. I know little of genealogy, at least not from the alicorn bloodline. My ancestor was the bastard son of an alicorn king, but now that they are all gone the duty falls on me to take up the throne."

>>658542
He follows your lead, albeit clumsily. "I don't think this is the time or place to be doing this," he says nervously as he almost topples and falls.

 No.658544

>>658543
Galehaut remembers the copy of Birdsong Tales, bringing it up to Doom,

"Did Dreamcoat ever make mention of something called 'The Pipe'? He had a book of lore bookmarked to a story speaking of it. Knowing him it wasn't just for reading before bedtime."

 No.658545

>>658543
"Well, if that's all, I was going to go to sleep for the night," Abenad says, pointing at the door with his thumb and slowly stepping back towards it. "We were going to go out and try to meet Tascheter tomorrow and see what we can do about her."

 No.658546

>>658543
"Lord Doom… you have my word that the next time I see Dreamcoat, I will make him burn for his sins."

 No.658547

>>658543
"Complain and I'll just make you do extra. Do either of us really have anything to add in here? Best we stay inconspicuous."

 No.658548

>>658543
''And… King Doom… Have you seen Miss Archie? Dreamcoat said he was going to hurt her now that we turned against him…''

 No.658549

>>658543

"I find punishment to be… nonconstructive," Timber responds dryly. "If Dreamcoat can be of use, then use him. Do not kill him unnecessarily. Obviously, don't simply trust him either. But, you have a powerful army at your command. I imagine you can be… persuasive."

Timber sighs. "I believe we said before that we are in search of Immortal Souls to end this curse. While it is true that they CAN end the curse, we have little idea on how to use them. Dreamcoat knows how. Yet, I feel I should inform you that he has expressed the insane desire to make all creatures immortal. I believe I may have begun to convince him of the foolhardy nature of such a plan, but I don't expect much."

"The good news is that when we confronted Dreamcoat, he informed us that Tascheter has been corrupted due to an Immortal Soul he thrust upon her. So, we do know where to find one."

Timber extends his hoof to take the journal back. "If you have no further use of us, I believe that is what we will do next."

 No.658550

>>658544
He thumbs through it in confusion. "Why… these are all just fairy tales. The Four Sisters, The Strangefolk and the Mountain, Opal the Dreamer… They are some of the oldest pieces of folklore in known memory. No one knows their true origin. They treated them as gospel in Briom. I can only wonder what Dreamcoat wanted this for."

>>658545
>>658549
He nods. "Where is this Tascheter? Do you know? Perhaps some of my troops could accompany you, although I can spare precious few. There are many things we must do besides."

>>658546
"No less than he deserves. Do what you will, Ashbringer."

>>658547
He groans and keeps going. He gets too exhausted to continue after a few, slumping to the floor and wiping the sweat off his brow.

>>658548
"If you mean that mare that came with you, then I could not say. They told me she left with… him… to undertake an errand. I hope for her sake and yours that you find her before anything happens to her."

He stands back up, wincing a little from the pain. "If you will be leaving again, then there are some tasks that you may be able to assist with, depending on your destination. So, where will you go from here, travelers?"

 No.658551

>>658550
"Well, the last time we met her was around that garrison, but we'll probably just warp back to Jevel then try to bait her between the two spots. I'd be up for asking for help earlier, but after this fight it'd probably be best to do it ourselves."

 No.658552

>>658550
He groans
''I hope so too…I won't forgive myself if he hurts her…''

''Well…I think we were going to try and speak with Tascheter…Dreamcoat said she has gone insane, and she even tried to attack us…But maybe we can get something out of her…Even have her help if we are lucky''

 No.658553

>>658550
Galehaut pockets the book, looking to Doom,

"No, we shan't ask for your help. You and your guard have been wounded, despite the victory. Rest and recuperate, we have the spark of revenge resting in our hearts."

he bows, before adding,

"We may require some rations to take with, however. We won't stay the night, as to not give Dreamcoat time to create traps or the like."

 No.658554

>>658550

"I… don't know for certain where Tascheter is," Timber answers slowly. "However, ever since we encountered her, something has been following us. It may be something else. Or, I could be paranoid. But, I have felt the presence of something watching us for a long time now. If it is her, then it should not take long to find her and convince her to come out of hiding."

"As for your offer of troops, it would be most appreciated. Though, if I may provide a piece of advice, just a couple of your strongest would be preferable. This creature's venom works fast. If one is to die against her, then they will likely go blank on the spot. In our encounter, we've proven that we CAN counteract it. But, it's a difficult and involved process. We can do it to one or two at a time, but we would never be able to ensure the safety of more than that. Therefore, the most efficient way to deal with this creature is a small powerful team. If you have an idea of who to send, then the assistance would certainly be a boon."

>>658552

"The griffon with the artificial immortal soul seemed beyond reason. And, this real Immortal Soul seems much more potent. It's unfortunate, but there is likely nothing left to her mind. At least, not until her final moments like with the last case. And, considering the enormous danger a moment's pause can present against her, it's far too dangerous to try."

 No.658555

>>658550
She sits down as well, not winded, and helps Kivoda stretch out his legs in order to make the recovery a little easier on him.

 No.658556

>>658550
"I will follow where the rest of this group goes, I will find these immortal souls to prevent Dreamcoat from using them."

 No.658557

>>658554
''We have not even tried…She might want revenge on Dreamcoat too…Her hate to him might be much more than her anger to us. We should at least try it mister Timber''

 No.658558

>>658557

"The first thing I did when we first saw her was spoke with her. She was only interested in killing us."

 No.658559

File: 1458104830729.jpg (791.14 KB, 1024x768, rin map new marked.jpg)

>>658551
>>658552
>>658553
>>658554
>>658556
He thinks for a moment. "I remember hearing something strange, long ago. I dismissed it at first, but perhaps it may be of use to you now. While scouting, one of my men saw a flash of pale green light coming from Mount Venn in the north-west. Nothing else happened after, and he dismissed it as an illusion. But now, knowing that this beldam is around, and slew my garrison… I think it may be something more. Have you ever seen a pale green light on your travels?
"As for sending troops, I do not think I could spare more than one to accompany you all the way to wherever it is you are going. If you are friends with any of my troops and wish for their company on your journey, let me know and I may be able to spare them."

>>658555
You stretch your legs for a while. Kivoda sits in silence, not having much to say for the moment.

 No.658560

>>658558
''But you did not tell about Dreamcoat! I know she might have gone insane…Or hollow…Or even both…But she must have some of her strongest memories still inside of her, right? A strong hate for the one who did that to her…It might turn her to help us…''
>>658559
''We have seen a pale green light every night, yes. Stalking us in the distance but never approaching…Just as if it was watching us…''

 No.658561

>>658559
"I don't remember seeing one, but we can try looking there, now. As for extra help, we picked someone up on the way, he should be able to help us if we need it."

 No.658562

>>658559
"Yes… I recall seeing lights during the times Galehaut and I stood watch…" She says, before looking to the group. "Shall we rest here for a moment and form a plan? We may find Tascheter's lair within Mount Venn."

 No.658563

>>658560
>>658559

"That would be the thing which I was referring to," Timber says. "The thing which has been following us since we first encountered Tascheter. Or… at least I first began to notice it after that."

"And… upon further thought, if that IS her, then there is certainly more than feral instinct inside of her. Of course, I suppose that is to be expected since she IS capable of understanding communication. Still, her desire to kill is intense."

"It makes little difference. She's is clearly incapable of using the Immortal Souls correctly. As Dreamcoat said, it's precisely because she can't that she ended up like that. And, according to everything we know, the only way to get the Immortal Soul from her now is to kill her. As unfortunate as that may be. We knew very well starting this adventure that we may have to kill intelligent, powerful beings to save the world. Even if she wants to help us, the only help she can provide is by dying."

 No.658564

>>658559
"So, what's with those two gossipy gooses calling me your girlfriend?" she presses Kivoda, still ignoring Doom.

 No.658565

>>658563
Galehaut nods,

"Yes, we lack the ability to remove immortal souls without the killing of the subject, as well as her current state of corruption. She may be redeemable, but she's more useful dead at this point."

Galehaut shrugs,

"This is the truth."

>>658559
"I will not request anyone to travel with us as I know they are safer here, but if the party wishes it so and the subjects consent, I won't deny it."

 No.658566

>>658563

Rollin dolan [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.658567

>>658563
>>658565
''Alright…We will kill her then…But could I at least just try to have a word with her before we fight? I just want to know…''

 No.658568

>>658567
"You can speak to her as we fight, I don't wish to give her the the advantage in battle."

 No.658569

>>658567
"We should study our tomes before we venture on to fight her. I know if we learn what they hold, we can gain an advantage in battle." Gloria says with a smile.

 No.658570

Abenad listens in on the conversation without taking part, since he usually just makes it go on longer or adds some kind of problem in unintentionally.

 No.658571

>>658560
>>658561
>>658562
>>658563
>>658565
Doom nods thoughtfully. "It would be wise for you to search that mountain, then. I imagine that is where you will find her."

>>658561
"That would be wise. It is a three day journey from here to Mount Venn, and there are no monoliths that we know of on the way there. I would recommend you go to Bone Point first, however. We have a hidden bunker underneath the lighthouse. The ponies there will be able to shelter you and provide you with supplies. Remember this: to find the bunker, you must go into the basement, find the bookshelf, and remove the book labelled 'Mysteries in Rinish History'. This will activate the trapdoor."

>>658566
You don't see anything out of the ordinary.

>>658564
"Hm? Oh!" Kivoda laughs awkwardly. "That was just Boiling's sense of humor. W-we're just friends, after all. You can certainly find better than me."

 No.658572

>>658571
Galehaut turns to the party,

"So, shall we rest and leave in the early morning?"

 No.658573

>>658568
''…okay''
>>658569
''Well…Alright, that could get my mind at ease…Though I will have to burden you and ask you to read the tome for me miss Gloria…''
>>658571
>>658571
''I thought we were going to leave as soon as possible?''

 No.658574

>>658571
Abenad makes a mental note of it. "Alright, I'll remember it," he says, "We'll rest and leave in the morning."
>>658572
"Not the early morning, I'd like to get up after the sun rises."
>>658573
"Nnnot as soon as possible, I'd like to sleep inside and on a bed instead of in a tent, for once."

 No.658575

>>658571
Gloria nods at Doom's instructions. "Understood."

>>658573
"It would be my pleasure to help you, Maali."

>>658572
"We shall, Maali and I are going to take some time to study our tomes before we rest."

 No.658576

>>658575
>>658574

Galehaut nods,

"And I'd like to catch up with the survivors from Oratague. We shall meet at the gates between the sun's rise and it's zenith."

 No.658577

>>658571
"Oh, you're already all over that Galehaut hussy, then? Typical, typical," she gripes, lowering the visor down over his face.

When the others are done, she goes to bed, repeatedly glancing at Kivoda.

 No.658578

>>658574
''What's wrong with a tent?…''
>>658575
''Thank you Miss Gloria…So which tomes are we going to study first?''

 No.658579

>>658578
"It's not as good as a bed is what's wrong with it!"

 No.658580

>>658578
"Let's start with yours. That way if you end up falling asleep on me I can study mine before resting."

 No.658581

>>658579
''Well I prefer sleeping in tents. Your beds are fine but some are just so hard to sleep in…''
>>658580
''I won't fall asleep! I'm very excited to study this tome!''

 No.658582

>>658581
"Alright, next time we sleep somewhere you can sleep outside and we'll see who had the better night."

 No.658583

>>658581
"Oh we'll see about that." She grins.

 No.658584

>>658582
''I don't like sleeping outside either!…I'm just used to tents that's all…''
>>658583
''I bet you will fall asleep even before I do'' He shows his tongue at the gryphon ''I don't want to brag but I can be very good at focusing''

 No.658585

>>658584
"Oh I still went through my squire training. Long nights of studying with your only light source being a single candle. Bring it on."

 No.658586

>>658585
''Very well. This is a challenge then''

 No.658587

>>658586
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.658588

>>658563
As you go to leave, you are stopped by one of the Disciples of Order working in the sanctuary, a cobalt blue crystal pony with bright green eyes. "We heard you speaking with King Doom about the Immortal Souls," she says in a hushed tone. "If you and your party are searching for those, please visit out Temple in the far east. We may be able to help you in your quest. Noradzir." Without any time to explain, she makes a strange gesture and returns to her patient's side.

>>658575
>>658578
You begin to study the tomes you found in the library. You find that Gloria's prayer requires a great deal of concentration while the caster recites a fragment from scripture. It also drains the caster's vital energies, leaving them exhausted after doing so. Maali's ritual, however, requires some material components; namely, a fire kindled with powder derived from a certain type of mushroom known as Bitterhorn. It is a green mushroom with a long, pointed cap and several black spots on it. Somewhat disturbingly, the ritual also requires a drop of the caster's blood.

>>658576
You meet up with some old friends and reminisce about the great battle. You end up sharing more than a few drinks with them and singing songs late into the night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pju-UH36IIE

>>658577
Kivoda looks confused by this as he follows you out. "What did she mean by that?" you hear him ask Boiling Point some time later.

>>658574
>>658577
You find a relatively clean mattress in the barracks and slump onto it, exhausted from the day's events.

>time skip

After a frugal meal and some good rest, you prepare your gear and gather at the main gate to set out after sunup. Kivoda joins you there, showing off a blank leather book and some writing materials he found. "If we're going to be traveling together, someone ought to record the events of our journey," he explains. "That way, if anything goes wrong, someone at some point will know what we were trying to accomplish. N-not that anything will go wrong. I trust you all one hundred percent!"

 No.658589

>>658588
"Oh, you're being our bard?" Abenad asks Kivoda after getting everything ready, "Good, I was thinking it'll be difficult for anyone to believe me when the only ones to witness my acts of greatness are a rock with legs, a bush with fur, a mute, a cat bird, and a goat."

 No.658590

>>658588

"Noradzir…" Timber mutters awkwardly in response as the pony turns away from him again. He eyes the pony suspiciously before returning to finding a place to rest.

>timeskip


"Well, I was given another lead earlier," Timber announces to the party as they get ready to leave. "Not something to pursue at the moment, I think. But, a pony I believe to be a member of the Disciples of Order told me that if we head to their temple in the far east, they'd be able to help us in our quest."

"But, for now I think we should head toward Tascheter's lair, yes?"

 No.658591

>>658588
>>658590
"We go after Taschester, yes."

Galehaut says, attaching his bag to his side.
>Was Galehaut able to secure some rations for the journey? Persuasion if needed [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.658592

>>658588
Gloria spent what time she could on trying to memorize the scripture, although when it was time to make her way to the gate she puts away the tome for now.

"Well, at least we won't lose track of things now." She replies to Kivoda's idea of writing down their progress.

 No.658593

>>658588
She leads the way out on the road with a yawn.

 No.658594

>>658588
>>658588
''Oh, so will our doings be in a book of some kind? That sounds grand! Are you recording what I am saying right now? Can you write in that I give my prayers to the ones in the future reading it?''
>>658592
''Bitterhorn…Have you ever seen one like it miss Gloria? I know we can find them in the forests but it would be nice if we found one or two in our way…''

 No.658595

File: 1458110165862.jpg (607.02 KB, 1920x1086, olivier-puechberty-hjhjh05….jpg)

>>658589
"Well, 'bard' isn't really the right word. More of a scribe, I suppose. But bard works too, although I can't sing, or play an instrument."

>>658590
"I agree. Let's get moving," says Kivoda. "I, for one, hope we can work something out with her. As monstrous as she is now, I can't help but feel sorry for her…" He trails off, losing his train of thought.

>>658592
"That's the other thing!" he pipes up cheerfully. "There's so much going on that I think it'd be useful to have it all in one place."

>>658591
You collected a water flask and a bag full of three days' worth of trail mix from the kitchen before you left.

>>658594
"That's right! I'll write it in right now." He opens the book and scribbles something in. You're no expert, but it also looks like he doodles something underneath.

You suddenly realize you're missing one person. Gopal is nowhere to be seen. "Oh yes, I almost forgot," says Kivoda all of a sudden. "Your friend the Diamond Dog… he's going to have to stay behind. Doom was talking to him over breakfast, and he's being ordered to be sent on a scouting mission. Personally, I don't agree with it, but perhaps it's for the best. He did say he needed more troops that were in fighting shape, and I'm sure he'll be of use to them there. This won't be goodbye for him though, I don't think. You'll see him again for sure!"

>pausing

 No.658958

File: 1458697963118.jpg (394.14 KB, 2400x1350, CGsupbV.jpg)

This is the 52nd session of Mortal Souls. That means we've played a year's worth of MS, or something. Post sheets.

 No.658959

File: 1458698025455.webm (2.59 MB, 800x450, bearandthebigbluehouse.webm)


 No.658960

File: 1458698082864.jpg (234.34 KB, 960x1280, 1457706143957.jpg)


 No.658961


 No.658962

File: 1458698291309.jpg (98.88 KB, 491x500, 1458256062896.jpg)


 No.658963


 No.658964

File: 1458699746450.jpg (692.91 KB, 1500x945, tomas_honz_greerammin_by_m….jpg)

>>658959
>>658960
>>658961
>>658962
>>658963
>10 642, Myna's Day of Order. Morning.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party helped attend to the wounded soldiers returning from the battle at the Far Cairn. Some time later, they spoke to Doom and explained the delay in their mission. While he was at first angered by their delay, he quickly changed once they told him of Dreamcoat's involvement in the advent of the undead curse. He informed them of a possible location for the witch Tascheter: Mount Venn, the tallest mountain in the known world, in the north-west of Rin. He also advised them to report to the hidden bunker at the Bone Point lighthouse, roughly three days' march from the Dreaming Spring. Before leaving, however, Timber Hoof was approached by a Disciple of Order and encouraged to travel to the far east, where her sect may be useful allies in the search for the Immortal Souls…

>Tourmaline is at 10/5

>Maali is at 7/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Gopal is at 6/5
>Abenad is at 7/5
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Galehaut is at 6/5
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel

>Old thread: >>657876


As you prepare for departing the Dreaming Spring, Kivoda begins to rummage through his backpack. "I managed to find a few things that could be useful on our travels," he explains. "Gopal told me to hold on to these. I'm not sure what they're for…" He shows you four triangular pieces of jade with a hole through the center. You recall that he was given these along with your trusty map by a dying Disciple of Order at the beginning of your adventure. By looking through one, the user can interact with non-corporeal beings such as red phantoms.
"I also grabbed these from Dreamcoat's office." He holds up five strange, shapeless red crystals. Timber recognizes them; he inadvertently used one long ago in the party's adventures in the Coil, and ended up appearing as a hostile red phantom to none other than Doom himself, although he did not know his significance at the time. "Everything else is being cleared out and his research is being kept under lock and key by Doom's orders.
"Let's see, what else is there… Hm. Well, I brought some water and food rations for about five days, but that's about it. Can't travel too heavily, after all.
"Anyway, shall we depart? I think we should cover as much ground as possible today. Doom did say it was about two days from here to Bone Point, and I'd rather not tarry. Last time we did, we missed the battle."

 No.658965

>>658964
Galehaut takes one of the jade shards, nodding.

"Aye, let's get a move on, no reason to linger with the serpent and the dreamer on the loose."

 No.658966

>>658964

"Dreamcoat has been using those crystals?" Timber asks as he eyes one. "I suppose that shouldn't be surprising. He wants to stay immortal without the negative effects. Clearly, he'll do anything to accomplish that."

"Anyway, let's be off. It will be a nice boon to morale if we can actually acquire a real Immortal Soul."

Timber heads out toward the mountain where the green lights have been.

 No.658967

>>658964
"Then we shouldn't waste anymore time." Gloria says, following the group to head off to Bone Point.

"Hopefully I'll be able to learn the prayer in my tome more properly by the time we reach the mountain."

 No.658968

>>658964
Abenad looks over at the jade pieces with a raised eyebrow, but doesn't question them. "Let us make haste to Tascheter!" He proclaims, running off at a jaunty pace.

 No.658969

>>658964
She leads with the others, deliberately ignoring Kivoda.

 No.658970

>>658965
>>658966
>>658967
>>658968
>>658969
You begin your trek westwards, towards the Bone Point lighthouse where a hidden rebel outpost awaits. The greenery of the Dreaming Spring rapidly fades, giving way to bone dry grass, rocky outcrops and searing heat. Water is scarce here, save for a few stagnant streams. The sky is a brilliant blue, the clouds coming in sparse wisps like strands of hair.
It is a long and rather uneventful journey as you walk. The only signs of life in this harsh landscape are the occasional shambling blank or a group of passing crows. Before long, the day is nearly over, and the sun is vanishing behind a rocky outcrop. There seems to be a nearby cave you could shelter in for the night, as well as what looks like the ruins of a shrine to the All-In-One surrounded by some dead, gnarled trees on top of a hill. You can also hear the trundling of a nearby caravan or wagon.

 No.658971

>>658970
Gloria takes a moment to look between the possibility of staying within a cave or shrine. "Well, the shrine might hold more possibility for blanks… but I think it would make for a nice place to set up camp." She says, looking to the rest of the group for opinions.

 No.658972

>>658970
>>658971
"Sure, let's go on in," Abenad says, his ears perking up. He goes to investigate the sounds of the nearby caravan or wagon.

 No.658973

>>658971
>>658970

"Do you hear that?" Timber asks, looking around. "Sounds like a wagon. Could be enemies. The cave would make us harder to find."

>>658972

Timber silently follows Abenad to make sure he does nothing dumb.

 No.658974

>>658970
>>658971
Galehaut nods,

"we can fend them off, or just lead them away if they're docile enough. Ruins are more defendable too."

Galehaut follows.

 No.658975

>>658973
"They could be simple travelers like us, or even merchants. No need to worry too much about them until they've shown hostility."

 No.658976

>>658975

"Which is why it would be best to silently observe first."

 No.658977

>>658970
Tourmaline goes to Kivoda and takes some of his bags. "How's the walking and mobility training coming along? Need more leg-ups?" she asks, doing a few in place.

 No.658978

>>658977
"I-I think I'll be fine. I'm getting used to the armor now, really. You were right, it's not as bad after a while. Now come on, everyone's leaving without us." With that, he takes up his staff and joins the rest of the group as they investigate the caravan.

>>658971
>>658972
>>658973
>>658974
You head towards the caravan, on the other side of the hill. Before long, you see that it is painted in the familiar red and grey of the Shells of Light, and branded with their eye and horseshoe logo. However, the occupants look to be in a bad way. Instead of an enchanted suit of armor pulling it, there is harnessed a tired-looking earth pony stallion with bloody bandages around his hooves. On top of the carriage sits a bruised Diamond Dog with a wrapping covering his right eye, while next to him is a scarred unicorn with a broken horn. On the back is a pegasus wearily toting a crossbow. The caravan itself is in poor condition too, with most of the wheels looking frayed and the canvas having several holes in it. The wooden chassis even has its fair share of arrows poking out here and there. Overall, this group of Shells are a poorly sight. They are heading in your direction, although they don't seem to have noticed you yet.
Kivoda exhales as he sees them. "Shells. Looks like we've got them at a disadvantage. Should we jump them?"

 No.658979

>>658978
"We take one hostage, interrogate them. Alright?"

Galehaut whispers horse-ly.

 No.658980

>>658979
>>658978
"Hrm, let's just leave them alone," he says, his anger against the Shells fading as he sees their poor conditions, "Getting in a fight with them will give off a bad impression."

 No.658981

>>658978
She loudly harrumphs when Kivoda rushes off without her, then does it again at his proposal. "Leave them. They're no threat in that state. Either that, or they're bait for a trap. We'll just burn them to the ground if they attack. Otherwise, remain hidden."

 No.658982

>>658978
>>658979
"No, they're far too injured to even put up a fight. I don't think it would be right."

>>658980
>>658981
"Let's just keep making our way to the shrine." Gloria says, making her way to the shrine and ignoring the shells.

 No.658983

>>658978
>>658979
>>658980
>>658981

Timber looks at the Shells with a concerned and confused expression.

"This isn't right," Timber contemplates aloud. "The Shells have thus far proven themselves to be capable fighters with more than adequate gear to take on any average threat out here."

"I think maybe we should offer our assistance. There's no way they could pose any significant threat to us in their condition. And, showing them kindness could prove beneficial down the road. And, we could gain important information about whatever did this to them."

 No.658984

>>658983
Abenad grumbles for a bit, before agreeing with Timber. "Might as well, it'd be more positive than just ignoring them entirely." He pokes Timber's flank. "You lead, I don't want to scare them."

 No.658985

>>658984
>>658978

Timber nods and begins to approach the caravan.

"Hello," Timber waves as he approaches them. "You all seem to be in a bad way. Are you in need of any assistance?"

[1d10] for being nonthreatening

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.658986

>>658978
>>658982
Galehaut sighs, nodding,

"I suppose. Live and let live, and all that."

He watches Timber go up to the caravan with an attentive eye

 No.658987

>>658979
"I'm with him," says Kivoda. "He has the right idea."

>>658980
>>658981
>>658982
"What? You're letting the enemy go? But why? They may be harmless now, but they wouldn't hesitate to slit our throats if they had the chance. I say we take their valuables and leave them to rot. They deserve far worse." Kivoda frowns in disapproval as he looks down at the caravan.

>>658982
The shrine to the All-In-One is not much more than a ruin. It consists mostly of a circular clearing, at the end of which is some sort of snake statue crumbled to pieces. In front of it is a stagnant fountain filled with assorted offerings, ranging from coins to small gems to unidentifiable trinkets. To the left of this is a flight of crumbling stairs that would have led to a higher level, but now serves little purpose other than to provide a height advantage. The overhang from the second floor is large enough to provide shelter for you all.

>>658985
The Shells jump as you approach, startled by your sudden appearance. The pegasus struggles to lift her crossbow. "That… that's close enough, tick. Get out of here i-if you know what's good for you." She doesn't seem to really mean what she says. The Diamond Dog looks at you strangely. There is a glint of recognition in his eye, although you are sure you've never seen him before.

 No.658988

>>658987
Abenad calls out from the woods where he and the others are hiding. "Calm down, we're only here to help," he says with an even tone.
[1d10] To calm the Shells.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.658989

>>658987
Gloria responds to Kivoda before getting too far. "Do you really think a paladin of the light could slaughter those who couldn't fight back?"

Upon reaching the ruin, she inspects the area a bit before flying up to the overhang to rest on as she waits for the rest of the group, opening her tome to read it.

 No.658990

>>658987

Timber sits down where he is and puts his front hooves in the air non-threateningly. "I mean you no harm," he says simply. "My offer for help is sincere. You all look on the verge of death. What happened?"

He looks over everyone now that he has a closer look at them. He notices the diamond dog. He looks at him suspiciously. "Have we met before?" he asks him directly.

 No.658991

>>658987
"What's with you showing an unprecedented vicious side all of a sudden? Has the armor got you feeling all bloodthirsty now or was it the exercise, flabby?" she says, squeezing his arms to see how flabby they are.

 No.658992

>>658991
"Maybe because we rescued him from the Shells that were attacking him?" Abenad asks, "You know, which is a fair reason to be angry at them."

 No.658993

>>658987
Galehaut takes off his shielded gauntlets, forming the full heraldry of Rin before setting it at the fountain, uttering a prayer to himself,

"May Uzena reward my loyalty to Rin,
May Zoarus show me a high purpose,
May Myna equate the pain that I take,
May Ytarr bring forth valor and morale,
May Etaris quench my longing for home,
May Abteus smile upon me with his luck,
May Gadris strengthen me and offer good health,
May Raam live in my shield and bring order once again,
May Vanber's hunger fuel my quest,
and May Drothen steel my heart and spirit.
Of these things I ask of the All-In-One, and may Rin rise from it's ashes like a phoenix, becoming the gemstone it once once again."

After leaving the gauntlets there, he meditates for some time.

 No.658994

>>658993
*once was again

 No.658995

>>658988
The Shells visibly recoil as you show yourself. The Diamond Dog bares his teeth at your presence, looking from you to Timber and back again.

>>658989
You begin to read a fragment of holy scripture that you will need to recite when performing the sacred rite. It is vaguely familiar to you. "Verse LXI: When all is lost, stand firm, for the Light will endure. When the body wanes, only the Light will restore it. And when all is darkest, then will the Light shine brightest. Bless those that stand before us now. Grant them the strength to banish the darkness. The light e'er rises, and only the truly craven may fear death."
The ritual requires you to hold a holy symbol aloft and have each participant touch it in turn. The book you carry should serve for this purpose.

>>658990
You still do not get an answer, even less so now that Abenad has shown up. "Where are the rest of you?" the Dog croaks. "They said there were six of you."

>>658991
"They captured me, beat me, and nearly wiped my memories before I was able to escape," he replies. "If it hadn't been for all of you, I would have suffered a fate worse than death."

>>658993
The All-In-One smiles on you for your devotion. After meditating for some time, you feel strong and powerful.
>+2 hits and +1 wound in the next combat

 No.658996

>>658988
>>658995
>fixing
You see the Shells look over in your direction suspiciously. The mare with the crossbow points it in your general direction in case of an ambush.

 No.658997

>>658995
Gloria smiles as she reads the verse, memorizing it as if she were a squire all over again. She continues her studies knowing she may need this spell when fighting something that has an immortal soul.

 No.658998

>>658996
Abenad walks out from their hiding spot with his hands up. "Hey, don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you," he says, "Got an Ibergalian back here who got beat up by some other Shells, so you might not wanna talk to him, but the rest of us won't do anything unless you do, first."

He pulls his shirt open, baring his chest. "Go ahead and shoot me if you're so worried."

 No.658999

>>658995
>>658992
"I suppose I can see how that would lead to it, but venting on a pack of injured nobodies instead of the ones who actually shanghaied you seems petty and unsatisfying. Don't get yourself killed yet, chicken-legs," she says, giving his presumably extremely flabby arms a squeeze.

 No.659000

>>658995

"I see," Timber says. "We've encountered at least you before."

"Well then," Timber says as he stands up. "You know you have no chance winning against us. Especially not in your condition. Therefore, you have two choices."

"You can continue to point your aggression towards us, start a fight you can't win, and die. Or, you could take a chance and hope my kindness is not a lie. If it's not, then you get help that you clearly desperately need right now. If am lying, then… Well, I suppose you would die anyway."

"So, 3 possible outcomes, only one of which involves not dying. And, that one outcome necessitates you put your weapons down. So, I'm sorry we got off on the wrong hoof. But, your current actions are simply illogical. Let's all just calm down and think this through."

[1d10] for calming shells

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.659001

>>658995
The small deer walks away from his hiding place behind Timber Hoof, meekly raising a hoof and waving it ''Uh…I am here…Don't need to worry though, the others are close nearby…D-don't worry we are not planning an ambush for you or anything so please, lower your weapons…We are here to help…''

 No.659002

>>658995
Galehaut walks over to Gloria, but sees she's reading. Instead, he looks for the other party members. Seeing as they've disappeared, he heads to where he saw them head to the Shells. He speaks out when he gets there.

"Silence, all of you. Our party does not need to be here, nor do you need to end your lives by getting in a squabble while you're already injured."

He looks to the crossbow yielder.

"Have you heard the expression, live and let live?"

[1d10] persuade

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.659003

>>658997
You read another verse. "Verse LXVIII: Pray to the Light, for it will grant you joy.Through purity and devotion will you find power and determination."

>>658998
The Diamond Dog bares his teeth as he sees you emerge. The mare hesitates to shoot you, lowering her crossbow slightly but still suspicious of all of you.

>>658999
His legs are quite firm. He is in good enough shape to be able to fend for himself. "H-hey, I can handle myself just fine. And stop touching me."

>>659001
>>659002
They hesitate even more seeing how you refuse to fight. After a long silence, they finally put down their weapons, relaxing somewhat for now.

>>659000
"Well…" The Dog strains to shift in his seat. "We haven't met, but we have heard of you. They say you killed an entire garrison, and Marshal Waymar too. 21 good fighters slaughtered in one night…" "You'll understand if we want to keep our distance," the unicorn chimes in. "We wouldn't stand a chance against you, even if we weren't in this state." He rubs his broken horn with a grimace.

 No.659004

>>659003
"Reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally?"

Tourmaline leans forward and hooks her back leg around one of Kivoda's, then shoves him back onto his ass.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.659005

>>659003
"Damn, did we really?" Abenad asks, "At least one of them got away to tell about it. But keep in mind, that only happened because they were trying to kill us, first. The same will apply to you."

 No.659006

>>659003

Timber frowns and sighs. "What you didn't hear is that we did not start that fight. Of course, I suppose that is of little consequence to you. I'm certain you realize that your order has a very… shoot first ask questions later policy. At least, when it comes to us 'ticks'."

"But, know this," Timber says, taking another step forward. "We do not harm anyone for no reason. We did not want to fight them. They forced the issue. And, we do not want to fight you. So, a fight will only take place if you force the issue."

"Right now, I only have two goals. First, to provide you with some care. You all won't last much longer in your condition. And, my second goal is to find out what did this to you."

[1d10] for not failing to be something good

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.659007

>>659003
''I think that was us yes…But we only managed that by setting the place on fire when they were not looking…When they realized what was going on it was too late and they had to deal with two problems at once…If we fought the whole garrison head on, we would be defeated for sure…The fire did most of the work there…But we never wanted to fight them at first…None of us did… We had to…I apologize if any of the harmed were your friends mister dog…''

 No.659008

>>659003
Galehaut raises an eyebrow,

"I was not there for such a fight, but I have seen the Shells actively try and seek to disrupt the rebuilding of Rin. For this reason I've fended them off before. However, I also know that one's allegiance to a name does not directly correlate to one's mindset."

he looks to the Shells each individually,

"I trust by the fact you haven't given your life for your cause by now that this is true."

 No.659009

>>659004
You manage to knock him over, sending him to the floor with a grunt. He scrabbles back up and backs away from you in panic. "Wh… what's wrong with you? Have you gone blank?" he splutters, brushing the dirt off his face.

>>659005
>>659007
The bandaged earth pony nods. "We figured as much. Still, a massacre on that level… I'm not sure if I should be impressed or terrified." He laughs dryly, quickly degenerating into a hacking cough. He reaches for his water canteen, but finds it to be empty. "No water… curses…"

>>659006
"It was the Resistance. We were at the Far Cairn," the pegasus mare says. "We decided we'd had enough after the machine was destroyed. There was no way we would come out of there alive. There were just too many of them. So we took a wagon and bolted. …Maybe we should have stayed. I'm not sure which is the better alternative now…"
"If you have some food or drink to spare, we really would appreciate it," the unicorn says. "We'll be on our way come sunup."

>>659008
"If we weren't crippled and if it weren't you lot, then things would be different," the Dog says. "As it stands, though, we can't really afford to fight anyone. Not even a measly wolf."

 No.659010

>>659009
''Don't be either…What we did was no impressive deed…'' He says, walking up to the dog ''Here…You can have mine, mister…Um…Can I ask what are you doing in this part of Rin?'' He unlatches his canteen from his bag, handing it to the dog

 No.659011

>>659009

"We can't spare much of our own food," Timber says, mulling it over. "We have an important mission of our own and we need to stay nourished. However, I will see what I can find for you."

Timber goes out to find some berries, fruit, or failing that, just some good leaves to eat. Enough for all the Shells, preferably. [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.659012

>>659009
Galehaut scoffs, rolling his eyes,

"I thought you were better. Let my companions treat you, thought you were more than just mindless soldiers."

Galehaut heads back to the ruins to work on his puzzle [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.659013

>>659009
"And if I was, you wouldn't have been able to handle yourself at all, seeing how easy I flattened you with just that," she taunts.

 No.659014

>>659009
Abenad sits down and makes himself comfortable.
>>659013
"Quit teasing him already," he says, "You don't build muscles from getting played with."

 No.659015

>>659010
He tries to smile, but it hurts him too much to do so. "Thanks," he manages to say before taking a small sip. He then passes it down to the bandaged earth pony, who takes a large swig.
"We were making our way to our outpost at Night's Horn, but I think we got lost," says the unicorn. "I don't recognize this place at all."

>>659011
There is scarce little food to be found in this place, but nonetheless you find a cluster of strawberry bushes nearby. There's enough for just about everyone, and they look ripe enough for eating too.

>>659012
"Hey, that's not what we- Oh, forget it," the Dog growls.
You rejoin Tourmaline, Gloria and Kivoda in the ruined shrine. You fiddle with the puzzle box for a while, but cannot manage to make any progress on it for now.

>>659013
He doesn't seem amused at all. "What's gotten into you?" he blusters. "You can't just go pushing people around like that! What are you trying to prove this way? That you're better than me?"

>>659014
You find it difficult to make yourself comfortable on the hard dirt ground, but you manage to do so anyway. The dust gets all over your clothes.

 No.659016

>>659015
Abenad dusts part of himself off once he realizes he's dirty. "Lost, hmm?" He asks, "What's Night's Horn's position in relation to, say, Jevel?"

 No.659017

>>659015
''You're welcome! if you accept, I would gladly heal your wounds as well.''

''Night's Horn?…Hmn…You do have a map, yes?''

 No.659018

>>659015
Galehaut scowls, sighing. he sits near the fountain again, resting. He allows Gloria to take first watch, watching after her after some time's rest.

 No.659019

>>659015
"There's no room anywhere for hurt feelings anymore," she lectures. "Stay in the back rows where you won't be hurt."

 No.659020

File: 1458712297634.jpg (680.93 KB, 2560x1089, Noah-Bradley_To-Feel-the-E….jpg)

>>659016
>>659017
The Shells look at each other. "Well, not really," says the pegasus sheepishly. "I mean, we didn't exactly have time to salvage anything from the battle. We just fled due southwest as fast as we could."
"Actually, maybe Night's Horn isn't such a good idea," says the earth pony. The Dog and the unicorn nod after a moment. "I don't think they'll have a warm welcome for deserters," the latter says in agreement. "But where else could we go? It's not like we can join the Resistance, or sail away to Arineau…"

>>659019
He folds his arms. "Oh, so now you're lecturing me?" he retorts. "Just who do you think you are? Hm?" He taps you on the chest accusingly. "I thought we could be friends, but you've done nothing but hassle me for the past two days. It's all you ever do. Why don't you ever go be with anyone else? Aren't you friends with them? What in the world do you want from me?"

>pausing

 No.659828

File: 1459303170254.jpg (306.95 KB, 1600x900, forest_path_by_alexlinde-d….jpg)

Let's get this over with. Post sheets.

 No.659830

File: 1459303277928.jpg (355.42 KB, 600x600, mountain.jpg)


 No.659831


 No.659832


 No.659833

File: 1459303402507.png (29.98 KB, 747x491, 1458227585143.png)


 No.659835

File: 1459303459202.webm (3.53 MB, 1280x720, yodasings.webm)


 No.659837


 No.659839

File: 1459303775470.jpg (247.41 KB, 709x1024, -building2-by-artcobain-d5….jpg)

>10 642, Myna's Day of Order. Dusk.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party encountered a party of wounded Shells that had deserted the battle at the Far Cairn. After some questioning, they admitted that they had lost their way while heading to a place called Night's Horn, and had nowhere left to go to since they would be punished for desertion. They also revealed that the party had gained some infamy due to their attack on Marshal Waymar and his garrison. Meanwhile, Tourmaline's teasing of Kivoda struck a nerve, and he began to confront the Cael…

>Tourmaline is at 10/5

>Maali is at 7/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Gopal is at 6/5
>Abenad is at 7/5
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Galehaut is at 8/6
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel

>Old thread: >>657876


>>659830
>>659831
>>659832
The Shells look at each other sheepishly for a moment, then the Diamond Dog shrugs. "Well, we're grateful for any help you can give us, strangers. Even if we are on the other side. …You wouldn't happen to have a map, by any chance?" "We'd like to get un-lost as soon as possible," the mare at the back adds. "We'll be on our way come sunup."

>>659833
"Well?" Kivoda taps you on the chest with his staff. "What do you have to say for yourself? Do you think I can't handle myself in a fight? Because I'm perfectly capable of holding my own, I'll have you know."
You find him difficult to take seriously when he only reaches up to your chin.

>>659835
>>659837
You rest by the ruined shrine, awaiting the rest of your companions as they deal with the Shells. It looks like Kivoda's worked up about something.

 No.659840

>>659839
>>659833
"One does not need to be able to fight to be useful in combat, this is true with the deer, no?"

Galehaut walks over, adding his two bits,

"You are a scholar, yes? Show off your scholarly strength, then."

 No.659841

>>659839
"I'm sorry to say we don't have a spare map," Abenad says, stroking his chin, "But how about you all denounce the Shells and follow us, instead?"
[1d10] Charisma

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.659842

>>659839
Well the map is not with me…But I could help you in other ways if you'd like'' He gives the Shells a big smile
>>659840
''I can fight though…It's just that terrible things happen when I do, so I don't try it too much…''

 No.659843

>>659839
She snorts in his face then lets down her hairbun, giving it a few idle brushes. "Now that's more like it," she says quietly, leaning in to only allow Kivoda to hear that part.

She turns and walks away to see what Galehaut's on about.

>>659840
"What's that you're on about?"

 No.659844

>>659839

"We only have the one map, and we've been given reason in the past to be leery to show it to strangers."

"But, I can tell you that the Tower of Silence is a far march to the East-South-East of here. If you head East, you'll hit the river eventually. Then, just follow it South and you'll see the tower in no time. In fact, it's a big tower. You might see it before then."

 No.659845

>>659839
Gloria lowers her tome to look at Kivoda. "Is something wrong, Kivoda?"

 No.659846

>>659843
"Strength in body doesn't mean everything. I'm not a bookmonger like that one, I'm someone adept at ignoring what's best for my health. You are good at combating enemies. The deer is good at healing. Etcetera Etcetera. Why push Kivoda to be something he isn't?"

 No.659847

>>659846
"Oh. Ohohoho. Oh, I see. That's not what I'm concerned with," she whispers. "Leave him to me. If he tries to 'help', pull him back to safety."

 No.659848

>>659847
"Oh?"

Galehaut cocks his head, semi confused, before shrugging it off.

"Well alright I suppose, just don't go telling him to sprout wings and fly. I don't want clean up after he jumps off of a cliff."

 No.659849

>>659840
Kivoda looks confused. "I… I don't follow. What skills could I show off?"

>>659841
"…Now there's an idea," says the earth pony pulling the wagon. "We don't really have anywhere to go, after all," the unicorn chimes in. "I doubt we'd get a good reception if we rocked up at a Shell base now. We're practically deserters." "But where are you going?" says the Dog. "If it's to a Resistance base, then I don't think we'll get a warm welcome. And dungeoneering doesn't really appeal either. We'd just weigh you down."

>>659842
"Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated," the pegasus replies. "I'm afraid we don't really have much to offer in return, though."

>>659843
He just looks angry and even more perplexed. "What? What do you mean by that?"

>>659844
The Shells nod. "Thanks. We'll keep that in mind," says the Dog. "Like I said to your unusually large friend, though," the unicorn adds, "the Tower probably isn't the best course of action right now."

>>659845
He crosses his arms impatiently. "Your friend thinks I can't fight and keeps treating me like a child, that's what's wrong."

 No.659850

>>659849
Abenad spreads his arms out wide, smiling broadly. "If you are worried about your welcoming, then cast off your uniforms, and pledge your allegiance to me, instead! I, Abenad, am on a journey to become a lord in the far-off country of the griffons, and if I am to do so, I need wealth, status, followers, and land. Would you three be my first three followers?"

 No.659851

>>659849
"She's just teasing you, besides, you can show off your fighting prowess with us when we eventually run into danger, maybe you'll impress Tourmaline." She says with a little wink and smile to him.

 No.659852

>>659849
''Oh don't worry. I don't charge for healing…I also could share one or two fruits with you too…Oh and I don't know if anybody asked, but what are your names? I am Maali, it is nice to know you''

 No.659853

>>659850
*Would you four be my first followers?"

 No.659854

>>659849

"We're headed up this mountain to battle a dangerous beast," Timber explains. "We couldn't guarantee your safety, and I wouldn't feel right risking it. Unless you wished to."

 No.659855

File: 1459306523423.gif (7.98 MB, 764x423, breddy gud.gif)

>>659848
>>659849
She twirls, allowing her tail to brush Kivoda's side, then gives a strange hoof gesture for him to contemplate.

 No.659856

>>659849
"Eh, book smarts is useful, not everyone has it. Just provide us with useful information when we seem to not be doing what's supposed be done, I'm sure we'll keep you around."

he shrugs,

"Or else why would you tag around with us?"

 No.659857

>>659856
>>659855
He then backs off, sitting down to watch what Tourmaline's doing with Kovida. He takes out dry rations, as he doesn't have popcorn.

 No.659858

>>659850
>>659853
The quartet look at you strangely. "Country of the griffons? …You mean Sarnath?" says the unicorn. "No need to make it dramatic."
"In any case, I don't see what other choice we have," says the Dog. "I suppose we'll have to tag along for now."

>>659851
He thinks for a moment. "…But why wait?" he says eventually, taking up his staff. You don't like the sound of that.

>>659852
"I'm Rafford," says the Dog, "and these are Domino, Penny Dreadful and Jaunt." He gestures at the bandaged earth pony, the pegasus mare and the unicorn with the broken horn. They nod in turn. "If you can offer healing, we'd really appreciate that," says Penny. "I'm not really injured, but Rafford and Domino got sliced up pretty badly in the battle. You should see about tending to them."

>>659854
"Unless you can think of a better place for us to go, we don't really have any other option," says Rafford. "I don't think we'll be able to fight whatever you're going up against though."

>>659855
He looks mystified for a moment, then grabs his staff as you turn away. "Hey! What's that meant to mean? You really think I can't fight on my own? Then… then let me prove you wrong! I… I challenge you! To a duel!" He twirls his staff around and points it at you.

>>659856
>>659857
Kivoda is too busy dealing with Tourmaline to answer you for now. You have a feeling this is going to be fun.

 No.659859

>>659858
Galehaut fiddles with his puzzle box, waiting for the rest of the party to finish with what they're doing so that the actual quest could continue.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.659860

>>659858
''Of course'' He nods, moving closer to the dog
''This will just take a minute…Oh…Actually, less than that'' He grins excitedly. The green gem around his neck glows briefly as his body is covered by magical flowers ''When I am like this I can heal both of you at the same time, or even three of you! Very impressive isn't it?'' He pushes his chest foward a bit, healing the dog and the earth pony together
>Nature elemental

 No.659861

>>659858
>>659852
Abenad grins some more, heading over to them and lifting them up off their hooves/paws to stand in front of them as best as they could. "Excellent, it's a pleasure to know your names at last," he says, "Now, the oath for swearing your loyalty to me."

He clears his throat and pounds his chest with his fist.
"I, state your name, hereby pledge my loyalty to Abenad the Beast, to follow his orders as best we can, to stand behind his decisions, to offer my assistance and ask for his help, and to live with honor by his side until he dies."

 No.659862

>>659858
"Have some patience, Kivoda. Let the danger come to us first. We should wait for the rest of the group anyways."

 No.659863

>>659858

"I wouldn't expect you to help us," Timber says cordially. "Especially since you aren't *ahem* ticks."

As Timber speaks, roots casually grow out of his body and make their way to the injured Shells. "This may sting for a moment, but it will heal you."

The roots attach themselves to the injured and gives them nutrients to heal themselves quickly.

>Life Elemental

 No.659864

>>659861
''Uuh…Mister Abenad…What are you doing?''

 No.659865

>>659858
She lets an awkward pause linger in the air and makes a clear show of sizing him up. "Really? Just like that? No buildup or anything? Jump right to it? Why that's downright unimpressive, really. You've got to set the stage, find the venue, build the atmosphere, dress properly, make a proper dinner! This show is downright weak."

She starts to set up her tent so they can go to bed and then travel some more. "Here, come hold the tent up for me."

 No.659866

>>659864
"They've agreed to swear loyalty to me, weren't you paying attention?"

 No.659867

>>659866
''They…did? Huh…For how long will that be?''

 No.659868

>>659867
"Weren't you even listening to me just now? Until I die. Permanently."

 No.659869

>>659868
''Wait…But while we are under the curse, we will never truly die!''

 No.659870

>>659869
"Then after the curse is lifted and I die long after, they will be free to leave my service."

 No.659871

>>659859
You hear a soft click as you fiddle with the little box, and one of the wooden rods holding the lid down slides open. You can see that three rods remain until the lid opens.

>>659860
>>659863
Through your combined efforts, you begin to nurse the two's wounds, healing them with your nature magic. "Thank you," says Rafford, removing the wrappings around his head and eye. You can see the swelling begin to wane as you speak. Domino begins to do the same, the lacerations on his legs closing and leaving only the faintest of scars. "Sincerely. If it weren't for you, we probably would have died from these." Domino unharnesses himself and stretches his legs, marvelling at being able to walk properly again. Jaunt touches his broken horn morosely, knowing that even your magic can't bring it back.

>>659861
The Shells look at you in confusion. "…I'm sorry, what?" says Penny. "Why should we be swearing loyalty to you? You're not a lord, or a king. Are you?" "Look, we appreciate your help, but this is a bit much," Jaunt adds. "We can't just bend the knee to a stranger like that. You need to earn it first, mate. Don't think we're ungrateful for your company, though. We'd probably die out here if it weren't for you and your friends."

>>659865
He scoffs. "Really? So you're not going to fight me?" He smirks. "Alright then. I guess you're just not up to the challenge."

 No.659872

>>659870
''Don't you think that is cheating?''
>>659871
''I am sorry Mister Jaunt, but I don't know how to restore body parts or deal with serious injuries like those…I know a friend who could help but…She's not with us''

 No.659873

>>659871
Once her stuff is set up, she lays down and waits for the sun to arrive.

 No.659874

>>659862
Kivoda seems busy confronting Tourmaline, and ignores you.

 No.659875

>>659871
Abenad grimaces at their rebuffing of his oath. "Well, I haven't any land or title, yet. I might be able to get something out of Doom some time in the future, though. I shouldn't be too surprised." He crosses his arms and taps his hoof on the ground, before going to get the rest of the group.

>>659865
>>659862
>>659859
Abenad comes up to the rest of you losers, jerking over his shoulder with his thumb. "Saddle up, we're heading out. Those four aren't Shells anymore. They're going to be my vassals soon enough, so don't any of you be getting on their case about what they've done in the past." He points at Kivoda. "You, specifically. Understand?"

He then heads back, going over to the wagon and attaching the harness to himself. "Everybody get on- I'm being charitable enough to pull this so you all don't have to walk."

 No.659876

>>659871
more puzzle box until party's ready to continue, i suppose
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.659877

>>659871

"Well, we should set up camp for now and wait until it's light. Fighting a dangerous beast in the dark is foolhardy."

Timber takes a small amount of the provisions he found and nibbles on them as he looks around for a nice, natural place to sleep.

 No.659879

>>659875
>making corrections

Abenad comes up to the rest of the group in the sanctuary, jerking over his shoulder with his thumb. "Those four aren't Shells anymore, and they'll be traveling with us from now on. They're going to be my vassals soon enough, too, so don't be getting on their case about what they've done in the past." He points at Kivoda. "You, specifically. Understand?"

 No.659880

>>659872
He nods. "I understand. It's ironic, really. Here I am with all my knowledge of healing magic, and I can't cast a single spell anymore…"

>>659873
Kivoda sighs as you do so. "You're hopeless," he complains as he sets up his own tent.

>>659875
>>659879
Kivoda scowls at them and crosses his arms. "You'll do as you will, but I'll have my eyes plucked out before I break bread with a Shell."
The now-ex-Shells look at each other. "Maybe we should change out of these uniforms," Domino suggests.

>>659876
You fiddle with it more, eventually unlocking a second rod. You're halfway there now. Rafford takes note of its design. "Hey, they make those in Vathis, don't they? Over in Ibergal. I've seen that sort of design before. I remember I had one as a pup, but I never managed to open it." He shrugs. "Good luck with that."

>>659877
You find the skeleton of a tall, sturdy tree. Its branches are thick enough to hold your weight.

>timeskip

The rest of the night passes rather quickly. You set up tents, have a meager dinner and go to sleep. The Shells put on less conspicuous clothes and pull their wagon up, offering for you all to use it as a means of supply storage. Kivoda stays in his tent all night, still bitter over being denied his duel and the Shells accompanying the party.
1/2

 No.659881

>>659880
2/2

It is not long before sleep overtakes you all; even Galehaut falls asleep at her post, and Gloria does not wake up to replace himduring the night's vigil. You all drift into deep slumber, overtaken by swirling blackness.
Then you see him. A white alicorn dressed in blue finery fades into view from the shadows, a glowing green orb in his right hoof. His eyes are bottomless black pits, peppered with starry dots of white light. Kether has returned.
"Interesting," he says dryly. "Very interesting. I thought for sure you would make at least some tenuous alliance with the old man. At least he has me to rely on again." He juggles the orb around in one hoof, passing it over and under effortlessly. "Or not. You see, I have no desire to keep the curse around. Far from it. What Dreamcoat has done goes against the very foundation of nature itself. The curse cannot be allowed to continue. All living beings must die in the end, must they not?"
The orb in his hoof vanishes. "To be blunt… Kether doesn't exist anymore. I am Death. I want what is mine. And you will help me. You will gather the Immortal Souls and break the curse by undoing its source. …Well, the fragment of the source that Dreamcoat conjured, that is. It is often said in erudite circles to never call up what you cannot put down. And, as you now know, Dreamcoat broke that golden rule in his quest for immortality. Look at the mess he's made." He chuckles sardonically. "As for the greater… Adversary… that the source is but a fraction of, you may want to put that out of your mind, for now. You will be of no use to anyone driven mad.
"Well, as long as we are having this little chat, I might as well give you some tips. You have four Immortal Souls to find, plus the one Dreamcoat already possesses. One you are heading towards now. The second is held by the Archdragon Veldr, who you have already met. The third is in the clutches of the Disciples of Order. Or at least was, until recent events caused it to sink beyond their reach. It is for the better, I say. Their kind… dislike my presence. And the fourth belongs to Einord the Fettered, below the Tower of Silence. If only the Shells knew what they were sitting on…"
"Oh, and one other thing. You should know that Dreamcoat's magical prowess is increased tenfold by his Immortal Soul. However, this does not come without a price. It rarely does. His physical body has been greatly weakened by this experience. Every day he grows more feeble. Why, I think only a single blow would end him. So you should hurry on your way to Mt Venn, because he'll be wanting the beldam's soul too.
"Well, that is all. For now. I am so glad we were able to have this heart to heart. Come by again anytime. I'll be seeing you, if you survive your travels. Oh, and never forget. You are part of a very special plan for this world." His form ripples and vanishes, and you all awaken.
It is early morning. The sun is just beginning to loom over the horizon. There is no dawn chorus of birds to greet you. There is no sound to be heard, save for the wind rustling the dead branches. It seems like Kivoda and the Shells are still asleep.

 No.659882

>>659881
Abenad sneaks into Kivoda's tent before he wakes up, kneeling over him and whispering into the Ibergalian's ear, "I will duel you."

 No.659883

>>659881
Galehaut stands, waiting at the path.

 No.659884

>>659881
Maali gets up wordlessly, walking out to set up a quick breakfast for everyone
He seemed a bit somber

 No.659885

>>659881
>>659880

"Darn," Timber says simply as he wakes up. "I had so many questions."

He shrugs it off and climbs down from his tree.

>>659884
>>659883

"We should eat as we walk. We don't want Tascheter to leave again before we reach her."

 No.659886

>>659881
Gloria yawns as she wakes up, making her way over to the morning fire. "Mnh… Such a strange dream…" She mumbles to herself, yawning again.

 No.659887

>>659885
''Yes mister Timber, this will be just a second'' He mutters as he heats up water

 No.659888

>>659881
>>659883
After getting up, she makes it a point to ignore Kivoda wherever he may be, preferring instead to trot in place next to Galehaut.

 No.659889

>>659888
Galehaut looks to his side, staring out from underneath his helmet,

"And how was your night?"

 No.659890

>>659889
"Absolutely fruitless. We're the only two of our kind who both happen to turn up here, you would think it would be a given he would at least do a little more than the nothing he's got so far."

 No.659891

>>659890
"Thick skulls mean less chance of something breaking, I suppose."

he looks at the fire and then to the water being heated,

"No sense of time, they say to rush and then nap, tell us to wait and then speed ahead."

 No.659892

>>659882
The Cael begins to stir, slowly pulling himself up and blinking as he looks at you. "Is it time to go already?" he mumbles, audibly cracking his neck.

>>659884
You make a small breakfast of tea, strawberries and nuts.

>>659885
>>659886
You join the rest of the group. As you do, you see the Shells begin to file out of their wagon one by one, squinting at the dawning sunlight. "So, are we ready to get moving?" says Rafford as he helps Domino put on the harness.

>>659883
>>659888
As you move to the path ahead waiting for your companions, you see a flash of green light on the horizon. As it fades, you can see the faint outline of an enormous mountain. You could not see it yesterday because of the darkness, but this must be Mount Venn, your destination.

 No.659894

>>659892
"More or less- Maali is brewing tea, but Timber wants the rest of us to get going." He kneels besides Kivoda, already dressed and ready to go. "I've heard her discussing your strength compared to hers recently, like she's stronger than you are. Even if that is true, I am stronger than she is. If you need it, I'll be around to help you."

He stands up and leaves Kivoda's tent, going over to the wagon and waving Domino out of the harness. "You don't have to pull the wagon today, Domino," he says, "I'll handle it. You all should rest as much as you can before getting back into the hard work, and I need to work hard so I can warm up into fighting shape for our battle today."

 No.659895

>>659892

Commence climbing.

 No.659896

>>659892
>>659894
''A good breakfast is important to start our days…We will need the energy'' He says as he watches the leaves boiling
''Should be ready now''

 No.659897

>>659892
"It's a good thing we came to peaceful terms… Yes, I'm ready to go whenever the others are."

 No.659898

>>659892
Galehaut waits for the party, following when they leave.

 No.659899

>>659892
>>659891
"Yes, but it makes for someone who is as intriguing as melting butter," she gripes. "Has he never heard of a tug-of-war? He quits like a dead fish the moment I'm not flopping all over him."

 No.659900

>>659899
"Hmph. Perhaps it's not your problem, it could be he is not interested in the feminine form."

Galehaut muses, a low chuckle emerging from his helmet,

"I knew a library-tender just like him, after I learned I stayed away from him, however. Heard he was beaten in a pub, stuck to private study after that."

 No.659901

>>659899
"Is that normal behavior of a Cael mare?" Abenad asks, "Perhaps he's more used to demure and quiet types, and sees you more as a colt."

 No.659902

>>659900
"But it's not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiir he has to be that slow! That's not fancy-pancy behavior, that's downright blindness! I let down my hair and hit him with my tail for goodness' sake, is he a corpse?"

>>659901
"We act however we damn well please wherever we are."

 No.659903

>>659902
Abenad grunts as he passes by. "It's amazing there are any of you in the first place if that's how it is."

 No.659904

>>659902

"Eh, you were lucky enough to find another here in the first place, I don't think you can be picky at this point. Corpse is better than nothing, right?"

He pauses, before adding,

"Actually that's a terrible analogy, please purge that from your memory."

 No.659905

>>659894
"Hm? Well, I won't complain," he says. "The harness is meant for four-legged folk though, so you'll have to go without it." Domino steps away and allows you to start pulling, using it as a makeshift rickshaw. The quartet climb aboard and take shelter from the sun inside. "Have fun," Domino says with a grin before disappearing into the canvas.

>>659895
>>659896
>>659897
>>659898
>timeskip again

You continue your long trek to Mount Venn, moving with haste. Before long, the arid landscape gives way to tufts of dry brown grass and the occasional tree. By the late afternoon you are traveling along the edge of a grassy cliff. Far below is a white sandy beach giving way to the vast blue ocean of the west, beyond which lies the land of Arineau. The day is cloudless, and the sun is beating down harshly on the wagon. You can see the outline of Mount Venn ahead of you. It will be at least another day before you reach it, if not more. To your left is an outcrop in the cliff upon which stands a great white lighthouse. This must be Bone Point, which Doom mentioned is home to a secret Resistance base that may offer shelter and supplies. You could visit them and stay until tomorrow, or you could keep moving and reach the mountain sooner.

>>659894
You are beginning to regret your generosity. You have been pulling the wagon with everyone in it for at least 8 hours by now, with only a brief lunch break as respite. You are sweating like never before, and you feel exhausted.

 No.659906

>>659905
Gloria pants lightly from the heat beating down on the wagon, sweating inside of her armor as well. "We should rest at Bone Point… they might have a monolith there we can attune ourselves to."

 No.659907

>>659905
>>659906
"We do not need a monolith now, we can rest on the way back. Monolith is only useful leaving, not coming here."

 No.659908

>>659907
"We should check with the others before we decide on continuing, there might be someone who needs rest." She says, suggesting to Abenad when she says "someone"

 No.659909

>>659908
"So what, he can stop pulling the damned cart then. I'll take it if he whines."

 No.659910

>>659905
>>659907
>>659908
''There is very little time to rest…But if we are going to confront Tascheter, we should be rested…Let's stop for a bit''

 No.659911

>>659907
>>659906
>>659905

"I agree with Galehaut," Timber states simply.

 No.659912

>>659905
She lounges on her side to watch the sea, draping her coat across the floor of the cart as a blanket.

"Why don't you go get me a souvenir from the beach?" she says to Kivoda. "Maybe I'll duel you then."

 No.659913

>>659905
Abenad sets the wagon down as they near the lighthouse, sitting on the ground and wiping his brow.
>>659906
>>659907
>>659910
>>659911
>>659912
"Doom said that it would be a three day journey to Mount Venn, and it's already been a day and a half. We will walk the rest of the way, and our new friends can take the wagon up to the lighthouse and wait for our return."

 No.659914

>>659913
"No, we're not letting ex-shells into a secret resistance base, not without us."

 No.659915

>>659914
"I said they wait outside, not go in. No one listens to me the first time around, do they?"

 No.659916

>>659913
>>659911
>>659909
"If you all insist then. Onward it is."

 No.659917

>>659915

"I think your missing the importance of the word 'secret'."

 No.659918

>>659913
''Mister Abenad you need to rest…We all should… Can we at least take a break before we get there? If we fight while exhausted it is just asking to be defeated''

 No.659919

>>659917
"Fine, then they can wait on the beach."
>>659918
"Just cast one of those healing spells you know on me, I always feel refreshed when you do."

 No.659920

>>659919
''What I do doesn't exactly heal exhaustion…As far as I know…''
The deer sighs and casts natural remedy on Abenad
>Also taking 6

 No.659921

>>659914 >>659917 >>659916
"They're not armed, they're still probably weak from the battle, and I consider them my vassals even if they haven't sworn to it, yet. We'll have them sit on the beach and wait for our return. And if any of you are concerned about the resistance base, then I'll go up and tell them to be on guard."

 No.659922

>>659921
"Sounds like a plan then."

 No.659923

>>659921
''That's good. Tascheter would be uneasy if she saw almost a dozen of us entering her lair…Do you think others tried to destroy her before we did?''

 No.659924

[1d10+1] Perception

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.659925

>>659912
Kivoda looks up from the journal he's been keeping of your adventures. "Um, okay. But how? I don't see a way down the cliff." You see that instead of a proper diary entry, he's done an extremely poorly drawn picture of all six of you. He is notably absent from it.

>>659920
Your healing magic fills Abenad with newfound strength.

>>659914
>>659921
Rafford chimes in to the conversation. "If it's that you're worried about, then we'd be more than happy to be imprisoned by the Resistance members. It'd be a better accommodation than staying on the beach the whole time. On my honor as an Irontooth, we swear we will never betray you and your companions." The other three nod in assent.

>>659924
As you debate your next course of action with your companions, you notice a pony at the top of the lighthouse. He sees your caravan, then quickly dashes back inside.

 No.659926

>>659925
Abenad blinks to regain his focus, rubbing his eyes. "We've been spotted by them, I might as well go in and let them know what's happening."
>>659923
Abenad pets Maali's head. "There, I'm feeling better already. I knew you'd be able to help."

Abenad heads over to the lighthouse, going inside and going to the basement as instructed, looking for the bookshelf inside and removing 'Mysteries in Rinish[sic] History' as Doom told him to.

 No.659927

>>659925
>>659926
''S-spotted?'' he watches as Abenad goes towards the lighthouse
''I-I will be waiting here then!''
And so the deer waits

 No.659928

>>659925
"Frankly I do not care at this point, we are wasting time. They can do what they want, I am fighting the serpentine one."

 No.659929

>>659925
"Oh bother, you're right… hmm, well, I guess you'll just have to do without a fight unless something else catches my eye."

 No.659930

File: 1459318592160.jpg (960.85 KB, 1600x950, the_storm_by_radojavor-d9e….jpg)

>>659926
You notice that the lighthouse is made of the same marble stone as the city of Jevel is. There is an engraved stone on the path to the entrance with a poem confirming the connection:
The Bone Point Light
I was born in the mind of Adin
I was made by the builders of Raladin
The magic of Jevel protects me
Sailors in peril will bless me

The lighthouse basement itself is small and dimly lit, made of the same pallid marble stone as the rest of the structure. There is a bookshelf containing the book. As you pull it, it triggers a sliding mechanism, and a wall slides up to reveal the hidden base below. You are greeted by a group of unkempt-looking ponies wielding weapons. The one at the front, a stout zebra with dreadlocks and a scraggly beard, aims a hefty-looking crossbow right at you. "Don't move a muscle," he growls. "Put your hands up and state your business, or I paint the walls with your brains."

>pausing

 No.660658

File: 1459908283971.jpg (54.04 KB, 500x335, 1448292198327.jpg)

It's that time of the week again. Post sheets.

 No.660659

File: 1459908418335.png (296.15 KB, 512x724, Thomas Edison.png)

>>660658
http://pastebin.com/R0HnqxZ3

I am the boner of my sword

 No.660660

File: 1459908516718.png (3.91 KB, 232x266, 1456942014076.png)


 No.660661


 No.660662


 No.660663


 No.660664

File: 1459909230824.jpg (603.72 KB, 1196x1680, black empress reavers.jpg)

>10 642, Myna's Day of Hunger. Mid-afternoon.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party recruited a group of wayward Shells to their cause, curing their injuries and breaking bread with them. While they slept, they were visited by Kether again, who divulged some information on the nature of their quest: the souls they sought were hosted by Dreamcoat, Tascheter, the Archdragon Veldr, and a being known as Einord the Fettered, below the Tower of Silence. The fourth soul was formerly held by the Disciples of Order, but it has "sunk beyond their reach". He also informed them that while Dreamcoat was incredibly powerful, he was also incredibly feeble, and could be killed by a single well-placed blow.
In the morning, they continued on their journey with their newfound allies, reaching the structure known as the Bone Point Light. In the basement, Abenad found the secret entrance to the bunker as Doom had instructed, only to be greeted with a crossbow pointed at his chest…

>Tourmaline is at 10/5

>Maali is at 7/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Gopal is at 6/5
>Abenad is at 7/5
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Galehaut is at 8/6
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel

>Old thread: >>659839


>>660659
"Speak quickly," the zebra urges you sternly as he gestures at you with the crossbow. "Who are you and how did you find this place?" You note that there are only six others that you can see apart from him; two earth ponies, three unicorns and a crystal pony. He is a Disciple of Order, judging from the roughspun brown cloak and ceremonial chains across his body.

>>660660
>>660661
>>660662
>>660663
You stand around outside the caravan, waiting for Abenad to return from the marble lighthouse. Kivoda observes the view over the cliff, looking down at the crashing waves below, lost in thought. You can see that there is the mast of a ship jutting out from the waters below. A tattered sail has washed ashore on the adjacent beach, its symbol faded with the sun but still visible. It depicts a set of gnashing teeth. Kivoda seems bothered by the sight of it. Domino, Penny and Jaunt begin to explore the grassy area for anything noteworthy.
"Maybe we should go in and join your friend?" Rafford suggests. "Although, I don't know how they'd react to seeing so many of us on their doorstep."

 No.660665

>>660664
"Hey, I'm a friend of Doom's, and me and some of my friends came up here to slay a snake monster before Dreamcoat, who is no longer Doom's friend and is in fact the reason the land is cursed, can get to it and slay it first. We picked up some new friends along the way, but they're not exactly combat-worthy, and we'd like to keep them here with you. They're also ex-Shells, but now they're our traveling companions, and if you'd like to tie them up and point a crossbow at them until we get back, they're fine with that, too."

 No.660666

>>660664

Timber sits passively on the ground by the caravan, idly shifting some pebbles around.

"It probably wouldn't be wise," Timber says without looking up. "Shells have made Rin very paranoid. Personally, I think it was a mistake coming here at all."

 No.660667

>>660664
"Let's give Abenad a bit longer first." She says, inspecting the the ship further to see what other details might be interesting about it.

>Inspect ship further

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.660668

>>660664
Maali stood besides Kivoda, looking down at the waves and the black sail on the shore. sharing the feeling of bother that Kivoda felt
''Um…Yes. We could go in and introduce ourselves along with him…They might not feel so confident with more of us appearing but I'm sure Abenad already explained himself to them…'' He turns to Rafford, staying in place mear the edge of the cliff
>>660666
>>660667
''Well someone should go inside and at least check if he is alright…''

 No.660669

>>660664
She makes an attempt to steal Kivoda's notebook while he's not looking.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.660670

>>660665
The zebra looks like he's been slapped in the face. "…Wait, what? Run that by me again? And slow down this time, I didn't catch a word you just said."

>>660666
"Maybe we should keep moving, then," he says with a shrug. "I'm sure we can find shelter elsewhere."

>>660667
You hadn't noticed before, but there seems to be a corpse washed ashore below as well, all dried out in the sun. It looks like a Changeling, although it's hard to be sure from your point of view.

>>660668
"I agree. They might be hostile, and if they are, I don't think your friend could hold them off on his own."

>>660669
You manage to take it oout of his satchel, but he notices you and wheels around. "Hey! What are you doing? Give that back!" he says with a scowl.

 No.660671

>>660670
''Hmn…Well since no one else will…I suppose I should go there and see…''
turning away from the shore, Maali makes his way to inside the lighthouse, following abenad

 No.660672

>>660670
Abenad pinches his forehead in frustration.
"My friends and I are friends with Doom. Dreamcoat, a unicorn mage with a gimp leg, was friends with Doom until a couple days ago, because my friends and I found out that Dreamcoat is the one who put the undead curse on the land. We are all trying to go slay a snake monster about a day's travel away from here."
He takes the time to pause between each sentence for about three seconds, then continues in the same fashion.

"My friends and I made some new friends. They used to be Shells, but they have renounced Shellism and are now traveling with us. They are injured after battle, and are not suitable to go after the monster with us for some time. We would like to leave them here with you. If you would like to tie them up so that they don't get up to anything you don't like, that would be alright by us and them. Understand?"

 No.660673

>>660670

"If it were up to me, I would have left you to your own devices after we healed and found you food," Timber shrugs, continue to fiddle with pebbles. "Still, this way has its advantages. I say we let it play out for now."

 No.660674

>>660668
"I'm sure he's fine Maali. But if you're very concerned about him then I'll come with you to check on him."

>>660670
"How old is that corpse? In fact how recent wash this shipwreck?" She thinks to herself, looking to the others. "Do you see that corpse down there as well? I'm not sure but I think it might be a changeling, how long do you think it might have been there?" She asks the group.

 No.660675

>>660674
''I-it's alright miss Gloria…Besides you are much more scary than a deer in a colt's armor…It would be better if just I went there first…But thank you''

 No.660676

>>660670
She drops the journal and raises her hooves mockingly, "Oh drat, you've caught me. Now I'll never know where you buried the gems, hmm? Right next to where you drew me in such a provocative pose. I ought to slap you for such peeping," she accuses.

[1d10] intimidate him and turn it around on him

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.660677

>>660675
"Scary? You think I'm scary?" She asks in an amused tone and with a smile.

 No.660678

>>660677
''What? N-no I meant for them not me!''

 No.660679

>>660671
You enter the marble lighthouse, moving into the dingy basement. You see Abenad being confronted by a group of seven ponies. Their presumed leader, a zebra with dreadlocks, is threatening Abenad with a crossbow.

>>660672
The zebra still looks confused, but slowly lowers his weapon as he looks over your shoulder. "…Is he one of them?" Turning around, you see Maali having just arrived to join you.

>>660673
"If you say so," Rafford replies. "You're the boss." Domino, Penny and Jaunt soon return, having foraged some food in the form of wild berries. The four of them begin to eagerly divide the findings among themselves.

>>660674
Domino saunters over to you, looking where you point and grimacing at the sight. "Looks like he's been there for a few days, at most," he remarks. "I wouldn't go down there if I were you. Might be infected."

>>660676
He takes a step back. He is dangerously close to the edge of the cliff, although he hasn't noticed yet. "What? I don't draw like that! I'd never! H-how dare you accuse me of being a pervert! And what do you mean, gems? I don't know anything about any gems! Unless you mean the gem necklace your friend found in that inn, in which case why are you talking to me and not him? What did I do to offend you?" He's rambling again.

 No.660680

>>660679
"No, this is Maali, he's just a deer. If you'd like, I could go up and get the three ex-Shells we have and bring them down for you all to keep watch over. We expect to be back in a day or so after we've taken care of the snake creature, so we won't be long."
>if the zebra says yes, Abenad goes up to get Rafford and co. and bring them down to the lighthouse basement

 No.660681

>>660679
He keeps going downstairs to the basement as silently as he could before seeing Abenad and the zebra. He stays where he is, just a step ahead of the stairs, watching intently
>>660680
''I am not just a deer, Mister Abenad…'' He huffs

 No.660682

>>660679
Noticing the cliff, she steps back and extends her hoof, "Enough girly mind-games. Kivoda, look forward and walk toward me, you'll fall if you go too far back," she instructs.

 No.660683

>>660681
"Well excuse me, I don't recall deer being particularly dangerous or threatening. I've spent an exponentially greater amount of time with you than any other deer because whenever I'd try to approach one it just ran away."

 No.660684

>>660683
''Still…Just a deer sounds just…too little…You could at least say I was your friend. They could have threatened me!''

 No.660685

>>660679

Timber does a combination of a laugh and a huff. "Why does everyone insist that?" he asks Rafford.

 No.660686

>>660684
"Sorry, I'll introduce you again."
>>660679
"This is Maali, deer shaman extraordinaire and our group's greatest barrier between life and the cold grasp of death."

 No.660687

>>660678
"Oh sure you meant that." She says, patting Maali on the back.

>>660679
"I have no reason to go down there. Sometimes I just wonder where these poor souls came from or how they end up like this." She says, before looking back to the lighthouse.

>Also would have gone with Maali to said light house.


>>660680
>>660681
"See, I told you I'm sure he's fine." Gloria smirks to the just a deer.

 No.660688

>>660686
He huffs, trying to hide a bashful smile
''That is a little better…''
>>660687
''Yes yes, you were right…But still it never hurts to be sure''

 No.660689

>>660680
The zebra looks from you to Maali then back. "Bring them in, then," he says after eyeing you for a moment. As you leave, you see the group exchange glances and mutter among themselves.

>>660680
>>660681
>>660687
As you leave the lighthouse, you find Domino looking over the edge of the cliff at the vast sea, Penny and Jaunt sharing a meal of berries, and Rafford speaking to Timber. The clouds have parted slightly, and you can only just see the outline of a distant island belonging to the nation of Arineau.

>>660682
"Hm? Oh!" He quickly scampers away from the edge, not taking your hoof. He grabs his journal from the ground and dusts it off. "Didn't they ever teach you not to steal from others?" he says. "If you want to see the book, you could just ask."

>>660685
"Well, from what I've seen you're usually the one giving orders and deciding where your group goes next. I just assumed you were in charge. Am I wrong?"

 No.660690

>>660689
Maali briefly joins Penny and Jaunt for the berry meal, staring at the island afar
''I never knew there was land there…Do you know of it?''

 No.660691

>>660688
>>660687
>>660685
>>660682
Abenad whistles as he emerges from the lighthouse. "Alright, I'm going to be taking our new friends downstairs," he says, "The rest of you can start hiking up to Mount Venn, I'll just catch up with you when I'm done."

>>660689
Abenad goes up to Rafford first to tell him to come into the lighthouse with him, interrupting the conversation with Timber, before gathering Penny and Jaunt, and heading over to Domino last. He points out at the island in the distance. "What land is that?"

 No.660692

>>660691
''And what will we do about that cart you were pulling?''

 No.660693

>>660689
>>660690
Gloria decides to stick with her reading buddy. "I don't quite remember… The name is at the tip of my tongue though. Arinow? Arinuu? No no that's not right… Arineau?" She says, trying to remember if she read any information about the island.

>Trying to remember beyond name.

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.660694

>>660692
"We leave it here and walk."

 No.660695

>>660689

Timber shrugs. "I just provide advice based on logic. If ponies listen, it's simply because they are logical."

>>660691
>>660689

"And, it seems that we've reached a conclusion. In that case, we will be moving on. I hope that fortune finds that our paths cross again," Timber says with a bow to the ex-Shells.

"Let's not waste more time," he says to everyone else before he turns and starts to head back on the path up Mount Venn.

 No.660696

>>660695
"We don't need fortune, we're coming back here once we deal with Tascheter," Abenad says with a quizzical look on his face, "Eh, we can talk about it later."

 No.660697

>>660689
"I'm not going to read your secret poetry aloud to the rest of the group, I just had to make certain you weren't scribbling me up as your personal harlot."

>>660691
"Isn't that several days away? Why don't you just hurry up instead of us leaving you behind?"

 No.660698

>>660697
"It'll only be about a day's travel away, and I'm just dropping them off downstairs in the lighthouse. I'll catch up to the rest of you in less than half an hour, tops."

 No.660699

>>660693
''Have you ever been there miss Gloria?''
>>660694
''Oh…Alright then''

 No.660700

>>660690
>>660691
Jaunt nods at Maali as he finishes his meal. "That's Arineau," he explains. "It's a great big chain of islands linked by trade routes. I've never been there, but I know they used to be on good terms with Rin until the curse broke out. Now the ships don't come anymore. Rafford's from there, I think. Right, Raff?"
Rafford nods. "That island must be Bruhn, if we're on the western coast of Rin," he muses. "That would explain the ship down there. Changeling marauders from Greater Yath come and pillage along the coast sometimes. There's not much reason for them to come anymore, though. Which begs the question, what were they trying to accomplish?"

>>660693
You recall that Arineau, for that is its name, is one of the four great nations of the known world, the other three being Rin, your homeland of Sarnath in the south and Ibergal in the far east. It consists of two main islands and innumerable clusters of smaller ones. They are the wealthiest of the four nations, and the youngest.

>>660695
"I'm sure we will meet again," says Rafford. "Although, are you really going to leave without your companions? Maybe you should wait for them first."

>>660697
"I don't have anything to hide!" he says, clutching the book defensively. "A-and I certainly don't think that way about you! What do you take me for?"

 No.660701

>>660700
"Hmm, I'd like to get a look at one of these Changelings some time, the first time we went to Doom's fortress they held us in cells for three days to make sure we weren't any. Anyway, come along with me, you'll all be tied up and held until we get back." Abenad heads over to the lighthouse with the ex-Shells in tow, going down to the basement and opening the secret door with the special book once more.

 No.660702

File: 1459916590924.jpg (708.86 KB, 1024x768, arineau.jpg)

>>660700
Forgot pic.

 No.660703

>>660699
>>660700
"No… But it is one of the four great nations. Even though it's small and young, they managed to become the wealthiest of them all. I wouldn't mind taking a trip there, see the sights and see their culture up close." She says with a smile.

 No.660704

>>660700
''Changeling marauders?…I thought they only lived in hives with their queens?''
>>660703
''That does sounds nice…But first…We must save Rin before we can make trips'' He turns away from the island, staring at the distant mountain

 No.660705

>>660700
"So now I'm not good enough to be your model? Make up your mind already," she huffs, walking over to Timber to join him in leaving.

 No.660706

>>660704
"Hey, a girl can dream of the future sometimes, can't she? Maybe once we survive through this I'll be given a vacation from my superiors." She also looks to the mountain. "May the light protect us and grant us strength to fight back this darkness…"

 No.660707

>>660706
''Yes…I will pray for Gaia to grant us strenght tonight…And well…I suppose after we finish our quest there might be nothing more for me here in Rin…Traveling away from here could be good''

 No.660708

>>660701
"In that case," says Penny, "I'd wager they're working with the Shells as spies. They may be barbaric, but they're not dumb. It'd be a good position for them to be in. I don't know if that's the case, though. They don't really tell you much as an Agent."
You take them back to the lighthouse basement, where the zebra and his followers await. "Is this them? Bring them in," he grunts, not waiting for your reply. With that, you are led into the rest of the underground bunker. It is much like the hideout at the Dreaming Spring, but substantially smaller. It's little more than a hole in the ground made into a makeshift home.
Before long, the four deserters are forcibly pushed into a room much like the one you and your companions spent three days in, only this one does not even have a window to the outside world. "We'll decide what to do with them later," the zebra explains. As you go to leave, he calls you back. "Oh, by the way… I don't know if this is related to your mission, but we had someone pass this way just yesterday. He was a unicorn. Looked like the scholarly type. Really thin, wore a glove over one hoof. He told us he was going to Mt Venn too. Do you know him?"

>>660704
"Not exactly," Rafford explains before he's shunted off by Abenad. "There's only the one hive, that we know of. Some of them serve there, others go around pillaging defenseless villages. Nasty business, really."

>>660705
"Hey, that's not what I meant and you know it," he says, following you. "I mean, I wasn't trying to offend you or anything. It's not that I don't like mares either. I think you're quite pretty, actually. I just meant that I'm not… er… Never mind." He trails off, not knowing what to say.

 No.660709

>>660707
"You could explore Sarnath. That's where Light's Hope is."

 No.660710

>>660708
Abenad whirls back around. "Yes, that was Dreamcoat, former court mage for King Doom and Prince Kether, and the originator of the undead curse. He must have teleported there, what did he say?"

 No.660711

>>660710
>>660708

"If Dreamcoat was here, all the more reason we should get moving," Timber urges.

 No.660712

>>660708
She squints scrutinizingly with a smug smile, leaning back in satisfaction. "Now, you can't just leave it at that," she says snidely.

 No.660713

>>660708
''Oh…Where is that one hive located then?''
>>660709
''Your home?…Well…I don't even know where I would start after I left Rin…Why not?'' he looks up at the paladin with a smile

 No.660714

>>660713
"Well if you decide to start at Light's Hope then I'll have to give you a tour of it myself." She smiles in return.

 No.660715

>>660714
''Ooh that does sounds great!…Are the people in Light's hope good like you are?''

 No.660716

>>660715
"There's a lot of good people there. Although some of the Justice Paladins act a bit more serious, so don't be surprised if they act like they have a stick shoved in their rears." She says with a laugh.

 No.660717

>>660716
He scrunches up a little
''What do you think the others will do once the curse is lifted though?''

 No.660718

>>660717
"I'm sure Timber will return to his woods… Abenad might find someplace to probably hunt in. I'm unsure what Tourmaline will do, I should get to know her more. I also don't know Galehaut well enough to know what he might do after this."

 No.660719

>>660710
"The originator of the…" He looks dumbfounded. "…Well, you should get moving then. He didn't tell us much, except for his destination. I don't know what you're up to, but whatever he's doing can't be anything good. Good luck to you," he says before walking off to rejoin his companions.

>>660713
"One of the northern isles," he explains before he's whisked away. "It was either Greater or Lesser Yath, can't remember."

>>660712
"Well… I…" He's sweating. "I… I just think you're a good friend. You're smart, you're reliable, you're a great warrior… I'm just glad to have met you. That's all it is." Something tells you that's not all it is.

>timeskip


Having left your friends behind you and knowing that Dreamcoat is converging on your destination, you begin to head towards the distant Mount Venn. The next day and a half passes quickly. No more unwanted visits from Kether plague your dreams that night, and Kivoda seems even more reticent than usual. By nightfall, you have passed through the barren wilderness of western Rin and have arrived at a nameless hamlet at the foot of the great mountain. It is an enormous mass of cold stone and dirt, looming over you imposingly, reaching up to the grey clouds above. The trail leading up it is small and overgrown by vegetation. It seems difficult to follow, even more so in the dark. You camp in the shadow of the mountain that night, with Gloria and Galehaut taking turns to stand watch. As you near Tascheter's lair, Gloria sees the pale green light going up and down the mountain path. There is something else accompanying it now, the faint sound of singing, like a child's nursery rhyme.

>10 642, Myna's Day of Cowardice.

Awakening on the second day after your visit to Bone Point, you have a meager meal consisting of rations of bread and nuts packed by Galehaut and Kivoda, as well as Maali's signature tea. You are refreshed and ready to begin your trek up Mount Venn.
>roll to navigate the wilderness, Maali gets DC-1

 No.660720

>>660719
After the morning meal and stretching, Gloria prepares to make her way up Mount Venn with the others. "If we encounter Dreamcoat once more, I won't hesitate to take back the immortal soul he took…" She mumbles to herself as she attempts to navigate the area.

>Navigating

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.660721

>>660719
Abenad uses his skills learned from wandering the woods near the caves from his initial awakening to navigate through the wilderness up Mount Venn, keeping an eye out for Dreamcoat.
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.660722

>>660719
While Maali leashes them through the woods she looks out for stuff like traps. [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.660723

>>660719
The sight of the lush greens that covered the trail cheer the tiny deer on as he occasionaly prances on the way up
'1d10'
>>660720
''Maybe if we reasoned with Tascheter…We could get her help in taking Dreamcoat down…''

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.660724

>>660723
"I think if Tascheter was capable of reasoning, Kether would have said something in that dream we had the other night," Abenad says, "I wish he'd keep coming to us, though. What prompts him to do so in the first place? And why can't he always have his magic inn be there?"

 No.660725

>>660724
''I-I still think we could try though…''
''And those are questions I don't have the aswer to mister abenad''

 No.660726

>>660725
"I'd like to think that, too, and I know it's strange of me to go from wanting to slay her myself four days ago, being fine with attempting to make peace with her and try to be her ally three days ago, and now accepting that we do, in fact need to kill her, but we do, in fact, need to kill her."

 No.660727

>>660723
As you travel up the mountain, you accidentally brush against a tall coniferous tree. Its dark red shingled bark cuts like a knife, grazing your cheek and making it bleed.
>-2 hits

>>660720
>>660721
>>660722
>>660723
Even with Abenad's skills and Maali's instincts, you lose the path in the dense undergrowth. The trees in this place and the dense foliage make it difficult to orient yourselves. To make matters worse, most of the trees are of the same type, the ones that Maali cut himself on. It is not long before you become lost in the overgrown labyrinth. Kivoda grips his staff tight and sticks close to Tourmaline as he looks around the wilderness fearfully. "Did you hear something?"
>roll Perception

 No.660728

>>660727
[1d10+1]
"I'm not sure, maybe it'll make the same sound again."

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.660729

>>660727
Gloria listens closely as she attempts to find a possible path further on.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.660730

>>660726
''I know…But before we do…We could at least get her help..And try it''
>>660727
Not my poor cheek
''Nature here is hostile…I think that Tascheter presence might be to blame for this…''
'1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.660731

>>660730
'1d10' also natural remedy on self

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.660732

File: 1459923850888.jpg (1.29 MB, 2560x1600, 1448331316015.jpg)

>>660730
>>660728
You can't see anything yet.

>>660731
You quickly heal your wound, bringing yourself back to full health.

>>660729
As you look around, you suddenly feel a pair of hands grab you from behind. You are pulled into a nearby bush. Restraining your forelegs are a pair of scaly claws with impossibly long nails.
>Gloria takes 1 hit, roll to escape

Suddenly, three monstrous creatures emerge from the undergrowth. They are two legged reptilian creatures with enormous toothy maws, huge claws and seemingly no eyes. A row of thick spines run down their backs, extending into their powerful barbed tail. You see that a fourth is restraining Gloria. The trio hiss and lunge towards you, teeth bared.

>paused

 No.661110

File: 1460168745458.jpg (101.47 KB, 800x651, 1448326310522.jpg)

Post your sheets.

 No.661111

File: 1460168819937.webm (3.93 MB, 460x216, bluemoon.webm)


 No.661112

File: 1460168881138.jpg (117.89 KB, 1024x885, 1455497927231.jpg)


 No.661113

File: 1460168982269.png (457.29 KB, 1275x893, 1460092552357.png)

>>661110
http://pastebin.com/R0HnqxZ3
When is the DS aspect going to get eclipsed by Bloodborne before turning into DS again thanks to 3 coming out?

 No.661114


 No.661115


 No.661116

File: 1460170442924.jpg (90.85 KB, 560x630, vilespawn.jpg)

>>661113
Mortal Souls has always been based off of Dark Souls and not Bloodborne. It's going to stay that way.

>>661111
>>661112
>>661113
>>661114
>>661115
>10 642, Myna's Day of Cowardice. Late morning.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party bid farewell to their one-time allies, leaving them at the hidden base at the Bone Point lighthouse. While there, they also saw a shipwreck belonging to a group of Changeling marauders, implying they are active in the area. After a day and a half's worth of uneventful travel, they began their ascent up Mount Venn, the tallest mountain in the known world, searching for the mad sorceress Tascheter. However, they soon lost their way while on their quest, and were ambushed by a group of hideous reptilian creatures…

>Tourmaline is at 10/5

>Maali is at 5/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Abenad is at 7/5
>Galehaut is at 8/6
>Gloria is at 5/5, grappled
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel

>Old thread: >>659839


Three of the monstrous things menace you, the spikes on their backs rearing up in a dramatic display ass they hiss and gnash their exposed teeth. The fourth restrains Gloria, its bony hands curled in a vice around her forelegs.
Kivoda grips his staff tightly and scampers behind Tourmaline in fear.
The first monster charges at Tourmaline on all fours, raking her with its powerful claws.
>dual attack
[1d10]
[1d10]

The second one targets Maali, biting at his neck.
[1d10]

The third retreats into the bushes, its green hide blending in with the undergrowth.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 7 = 7 / Roll #4 5 = 5

 No.661117

>>661116
Abenad pulls out the Sundering Hammer, swinging it around to smash the pointy end at the one attacking Maali.
[1d10+1] Marksman Shot, Custom Job counts as ranged, results in AoE crit

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.661118

>>661116
"Unhand me you foul beast!"

Gloria attempts to break free from the grip of the beast restraining her.

 No.661119

>>661118
>forgot roll
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.661120

>>661116
''M-miss Gloria! Don't worry we will help you out of this!''
He shouts as he tries to get away from the ugly monster aiming at his neck
'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.661121

File: 1460171255452.webm (3.89 MB, 484x320, templechorusmusic.webm)

>>661116

>>658995
>Actually at 8/7
Galehaut procures his bladed shield,

"My shield, imbibed with the power the All-In-One. Shudder reptiles, you face Galehaut!"

shouts Galehaut, spirits raised by the snake-headed pantheon. He quickly places himself in between all blows dealt by the beasts.

>Protect, Retaliate

>All Party Members (5 wounds)

 No.661122

>>661116
She attacks the one attacking Maali with her coolkid katana.
>Bitter Blade: natural crit permanently dismembers or maims the enemy (Single Weapon)

[1d10+2] Slam

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.661123

>>661117
You drive the spike into the creature's chest, sending it stumbling backwards. It quickly recovers and lets out a menacing growl.

>>661118
>>661119
You wrest yourself free of the monster's iron grip, pushing it away from you and wheeling to face it as you unsheathe Ashbringer.

>>661120
You stumble away from it as it is distracted by Abenad.

>>661121
You stand firm in front of your allies, raising your ancient blessed shield to protect yourself from your foes. You manage to take the blow for Maali as the monster attacks him.
>Galehaut takes 3 hits

>>661122
You dodge the first creature and deliver a swift counterattack, leaving a deep gash across its torso. After this, you dash over to Maali's side and swing at the second monster, but miss your attack.

The first, second and fourth monsters bite at Abenad, Maali and Galehaut respectively, but the valiant donkey takes the blow in his companions' stead.
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]

The third monster has retreated, being nowhere to be seen for now.

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 8 = 8

 No.661124

>>661117
>>661123
>fixing
You swing the hammer in a 180 degree arc, powerfully striking all the monsters attacking save for the third one. They quickly recover, clutching their injuries.

 No.661125

>>661123
Galehaut starts the spinning blade in his shield, it starting to whir as he slashes at fourth lizard, striking back at it.

"Die, fiend. Your presence shall not be tolerated any longer!"

>Instant Automatic skill, recharge 2; change from Shield to Dual


[1d10+1][1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.661126

>>661123
Gloria attempts to strike at the beast that had just restrained her, bringing her blade down as the blade glows softly with the power of the light.

>Blast

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.661127

>>661123
''Y-you can do it mister Galehaut!'' He shouts words of cheer and casts a wave of healing for the donkey
'1d10' natural remedy

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.661128

>>661123
Abenad swings the hammer at the three monsters, excited to get to use the hammer after Tascheter hadn't shown up yesterday.
[1d10+3]Cleave, bonus from Custom Job/talent/weapon description

Roll #1 9 + 3 = 12

 No.661129

>>661123
She stabs the one that she attacked last turn.
[1d10+2] Impale

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.661130

>>661123
Retaliate damage:

>>661116
3 hits from lizard
>>661120
Roll #1 2 = 2
4 hits
>>661122
Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4
2 hits
>>661123
4 hits from the (9), 5 from the (8 bite)
>>661126
Roll #1 5 = 5
1 hit
>>661127
Roll #1 5 = 5
1 hit
>>661129
Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4
2 hits

3+4+2+4+5+1+1+2=22

>After three turns, you deal out damage for every hit you lost during those three turns.

22 hits, 23 if you count one going down from switching to dual

Also losing 5 wounds due to protect and talent, dunno if you'll count that for damage.

 No.661131

>>661125
>>661130
The monster dodges your attack. Suddenly, you are beset by the trio as they gnaw and slash at you. Your trusty armor protects you from the worst of it, but the impact is still terrible, shaking you to your very core. The severity of the blow only strengthens your resolve. With a mighty war cry, you rip into the creatures, revving your shield and ripping through their scales and flesh like it's paper. The first and fourth ones are grievously injured, and the second monstrosity is reduced to a bloody mangled mess by your furious attack. Suddenly, your exhaustion overcomes you, and you collapse. Your ears are ringing, and your vision blurs. The end is nigh.
>Galehaut takes 15 hits, helpless at 0/0
>end of Protect duration

>>661126
You leave a gash with Ashbringer across the creature's torso.

>>661127
You begin to heal your fallen friend, bringing him back from the brink of annihilation.

>Galehaut is at 0/1


>>661128
You crush the first and fourth ones with your attack, beating them to a pulp.

>>661129
You miss your attack again.

Suddenly, you see a flash of green and red from nearby. The third monster leaps out of the undergrowth and attacks Tourmaline. You can see now that they do indeed have eyes, four tiny yellow burning eyes almost entirely hidden beneath their scaly folds of hide.
[1d10] Autocrit

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.661132

>>661131
Gloria attempts to cover Tourmaline by retaliating against the beast attacking her.

>Leap of Faith

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.661133

File: 1460174667901.webm (2.8 MB, 640x480, reptiledance.webm)

>>661131
Galehaut stands, blood spilling from underneath his plate armor.

"Worthless reptiles, you cannot end me. I have not willed it."

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.661134

>>661125
>>661131
''Oh my gaia…Galehaut!'' The deer rushes to the donkey's side, his fur already shedding off buds of light blooming into flowers, wilting as their life is passed to the donkey and Tourmaline
>nature elemental

 No.661135

>>661131
Taken aback by Galehaut's sudden near-death experience, yet lacking a target after slaying the first and fourth ones, Abenad rushes towards the last reptile and swings the pointed end of the hammer down at it.
[1d10+1] Reflex Shot

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.661136

>>661131
She hits the one that attacked her. [1d10+2] slam

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.661137

>>661132
The creature sees you about to strike and goes to dodge your attack. It is not fast enough, however, and you slash at its arm.

>>661133
You are too shaken from the attack to get up still.

>>661134
You begin to heal the donkey with your nature magic.
>Galehaut is at 0/4

>>661135
You deal a powerful blow to the monster, cracking its ribcage and sending it stumbling to the floor.

>>661136
You swing your blade, severing the creature's arm. It growls and snaps at you as it bleeds everywhere.

Despite its injuries, it looks ready to keep fighting. It's about to pounce, when it suddenly stops dead in its tracks. It seems to sniff the air for a moment, then runs off into the bushes as if spooked by something. "…W-well, that was lucky," says Kivoda, breaking the sudden eerie silence. "I wonder what scared it off?" Being careful not to step in the pools of blood, he begins searching for the path further up the mountain.
>roll 1d10 to keep moving, Maali gets DC-1

 No.661138

>>661137
"I don't know… we best keep moving." She says, making her way over with a claw held out to Galehaut.

>>661133
"Are you alright Sir Galehaut?" She asks, showing concern for a fellow ally who took a brutal beating. "That was quite a display back there."

>Rolling for when we keep moving

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.661139

>>661137
Abenad wipes the blood from the hammer before putting it onto his back once more.
>>661136
"Did you see how I got all three of them at once?" Abenad asks, smiling and looking pleased with himself as he heads off with the rest of the group.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.661140

>>661137
''We should not stand here to find out Mister Kivoda…Maybe it was Tascheter…''
He keeps moving
'1d10'
>>661138
>>661133
''It really was!'' He agrees with Gloria ''It's amazing you can still stand and could even speak after all that…Well, I helped of course but still…''

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.661141

>>661137
Galehaut gets up on his own, looking to Gloria,

>>661138
"Of course I am fine. I am protector by nature, I keep others alive. I know my limits, though. I would not throw away my life for ponies I have known less than a week."

He wrings the ichor out of his tabard, heavily stained red/brown from his blood.

"Besides, this fight was willed to succeed by the All-in-One."

he pauses, before asking as he continues forward,

"Tell me of your religion, the one of the Holy Light. What is it exactly that you follow, and what are your ideals?"

>>661140
"No patronage, just keep healing me. It's what I need right now."

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.661142

>>661141
''Yes…Of course…'' He keeps walking and healing besides the donkey
''…I am very glad we have you along with us in this journey…''

 No.661143

>>661137
Cleaning herself off, she rides shotgun in the cart. "I've never understood why some animals are so suicidal as to continue attacking people when very clearly getting their kicked arses, as the ponies say."

 No.661144

>>661143
''Maybe they had someone order them to do so..''

 No.661145

'1d10' perception

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.661146

>>661144
"No amount of training can supersede the self-preservation instinct. I used to handle animals all the time; it just doesn't make sense."

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.661147

>>661146
''Maybe it is magical control?''

 No.661148

>>661147
"Then why would it just run away like that?"

 No.661149

>>661148
''Hmrrg…Maybe it was called? I don't know…I am just trying to guess''

 No.661150

>>661141
"Well… The Light is more of a practice of virtues rather than just worship. My Order is trained in three virtues: Respect, Tenacity and Compassion. So long as we follow these virtues and do what we must to protect the innocent… The Light shall be with us." She says, talking with praise for the light.

 No.661151

>>661138
While searching for the path, you stumble into a spider web woven between two saplings. You take no damage, but the cobwebs get all over your feathers and it takes forever to clean out. Also, you never did see where the spider itself went…

>>661139
You find the path again soon enough, trekking through the bushes and taking care not to brush against the trees with their razor-sharp bark. You also hear the faintest sound of something dragging itself in the distance.

>>661140
As you move along, your magic continues to work itself on Galehaut. Before long, he is as good as new again.
>Galehaut is at 6/6
>end of Elemental effect

>>661145
You suddenly notice a small cluster of mushrooms growing by the trunk of a tree. They are green with black spots and long, pointed caps. You remember that the book you found identifies these as Bitterhorn, and requires powder made from these fungi to be sprinkled in the fire along with a drop of your own blood.

>>661138
>>661139
>>661140
>>661141
>>661146
With Abenad having found the path again, you continue onwards up Mount Venn, hoping against hope that you find some clue as to Tascheter's whereabouts. As you climb higher and higher, you begin to notice signs of settlement; small buildings and markers are common along the old road, although from the state they are in, these look to have been in disuse even before the time of the undead curse. Every once in a while, you hear the faint pattering of the lizard-creatures just out of sight in the undergrowth, and once you even hear the braying shriek of a creature some among you would recognize as an owlbear.
Eventually, you come across a fork in the road. You can continue straight ahead or take a detour to the right. The signpost at it is overgrown with moss and offers no help whatsoever, but a quick scout on the right path indicates that it leads to some sort of clearing with several smooth grey stones situated around it in a concentric pattern. You could investigate this place, although the benefits of doing so are unclear.

 No.661152

>>661150
"Hmmph, I do not see why this is not just common life virtues, not a doctrine for paladins. Still, I speak from a similar path, so I am biased. Either way, respectable."

>>661151
"We keep moving, we must end Tascheter before the dreamer gets there first."

 No.661153

>>661151
Gloria lets out an annoyed squawk as she stumbles into the web, spitting out a bit as she wipes herself off and even shakes her armor a bit. "This is why I hate traveling in forests…" She grumbles as she plucks away the cobwebs from her feathers.

>>661151
"I agree with Galehaut, we are getting closer and I don't wish to stop now."

 No.661154

>>661151
"Ah, the cry of the deadly owlbear," Abenad observes as they continue, "Let us make haste- there are certainly creatures besides Tascheter on this mountain that would do us harm. We should seek shelter in this cave on the way back, should our journey take the rest of the day- and who knows what we might find inside."

 No.661155

>>661151
''Oooh, Mother blesses me…'' He mutters and silently thanks his deity as he crouches down to carefully take some(but not all) of the mushrooms, putting them in the pouch. Happy with his finding, he quickly prances back to catch up witht he others

>>661151
>>661152
''Yes…Let's keep going. I think I will go and scout ahed a bit too.''

>>661153
''Come on Miss Gloria how can you say that? don't you like the nice fresh air?…Even though It doesn't feel so nice in this particular one…''

 No.661156

>>661151
She continues along the main path, using the katana in its sheath like a white cane, combing the grass ahead of them with it. [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.661157

>>661155
"I enjoy fresh air, not cobwebs. If you had feathers then you would be agreeing with me right now." She says, finding another bit of cobweb to pull off herself.

 No.661158

>>661157
''C-cobwebs?…Okay that is a differnt story…'' He starts looking around as he walks, wary of more spiderwebs
''I didn't even consider the spiders that might be lurking around…''

 No.661159

>>661158
"Please don't remind me of that either…" She grumbles, shaking her armor a bit again for good measure.

 No.661160

>>661152
>>661153
>>661154
>>661155
>>661156
>moving on
Ignoring the strange clearing but making a mental note of its location, you keep moving up the mountain. The rest of the day passes without any further interruption; you shelter in a relatively dry cave for the night, with Gloria and Galehaut taking shifts to keep watch as usual. A few times, you see the reptilian inhabitants of Mt Venn draw near to your shelter, although they are warded off by the campfire you light. The green light appears again, with that haunting song from before still playing faintly.
There is little rest for you the following day as you keep moving up the Mount Venn, higher and higher. As you ascend, the forest begins to wane, giving way to a seemingly endless expanse of rough, spiked stone. It is beginning to feel cold up on the mountain, and it is a bit harder to breathe too. Looking up, you can see that you are about halfway to the top; however, due to the remoteness of your location, it will be even more difficult to traverse this place. To exacerbate the matter, the path ahead consists of nothing but a flimsy rope bridge across a large fissure in the mountain's side, most likely crafted by some valiant explorer long-forgotten. One slip could send you falling to your doom. It seems like the path also leads into some sort of cave, abruptly ending there.
>roll to cross the bridge and also for Perception

 No.661161

File: 1460179580122.webm (3.74 MB, 300x168, clubmusic.webm)

>>661160
nothing of importance to say
[1d10] cross
[1d10] perception

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.661162

>>661160
Gloria takes a deep breath and speaks a silent prayer as she crosses the bridge. "Light guide us…"

>Crossing

[1d10]
>Perception
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.661163

>>661160
>>661162
''Erm…Miss Gloria can I ask a favor?Couldn't you…um…Fly us both to the other side?Or will I be too heavy for you?''

 No.661164

>>661160
Same as Galehaut.
[1d10] +
[1d10] prcptn

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.661165

>>661160
Abenad keeps his teeth grit as he attempts to cross the bridge.
[1d10]Crossing
[1d10]Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.661166

>>661163
"Well… I don't see why not. Go ahead and climb on then." She says, gesturing that Maali can take a ride like he did back in the library.

 No.661167

>>661166
''Alright…But for please…pleaaase don't d-drop me…'' The little deer climbs carefully on the white gryphon

 No.661168

>>661167
"I never dropped you at the library, this shouldn't be any too different."

 No.661169

>>661168
''I hope so…''

 No.661170

>>661161
>>661164
You step on a rotting plank and almost fall. Luckily, you are able to recover and cross to the other side.

>>661162
>>661166
You take Maali and fly over to the other side without any hassle.

>>661164
You faintly hear the sound of something dragging itself. It seems to be coming from the cave.

>>661165
You accidentally step in a hole in the bridge and stumble. You are only barely able to stop yourself from falling to your death by grabbing onto the rope. It strains under your weight.

Kivoda gasps as he gingerly crosses the bridge, holding out his staff for Abenad to hold onto. "Help me pull him up! Quick!"

 No.661171

>>661170
Abenad struggles to lift himself up, untying his belt with his sword and dagger and putting it around Kivoda's neck, then putting the hammer on him as well to try and make himself lighter.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.661172

>>661170
Gloria lets Maali hop down and attempts to fly under Abenad and give him the push he needs to get back up.

>Using flight mode as step ladder mode

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.661173

>>661170
"Do not fall."

Galehaut says as he continues, seeing as the one who can actually help in this situation is helping.

 No.661174

>>661170
She helps lift up Abenad with Gloria.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.661175

>>661171
You fumble with your equipment, but it only weighs you down. Your heart leaps into your throat as you begin to plummet…

>>661172
>>661174
You save him just as he slips and begins to fall, pulling him back up and onto the bridge.

You suddenly see something out of the corner of your eye. A unicorn walks along the path you just came from, then teleports to the other side of the bridge in a flash, standing in front of you. "I'd offer a hand, but it looks like you've got things under control," says Dreamcoat as he looks on at the display. He has changed his wardrobe again, wearing a conical straw hat, roughspun greyish green robes and a black glove over his withered hoof. "You're lucky to be alive, twice-cursed."
"Now,", he says, taking a step back, "I have a proposition for you all. I know for a fact Tascheter's close by. I've seen her inside that cave. I was planning on taking it on my own, until you showed up. If you want to take her soul, you won't be able to do it on your own. I know we have our differences, and you all want to kill me, but what say you? Let's put that aside for now and work towards our common goal. If you really hate me that much, then we can squabble over the Immortal Soul till kingdom come if you want. Deal?"

 No.661176

>>661175
"Or we could just kill you now, and then kill Taschester. But then you'll teleport away and be all 'fine then'."

 No.661177

>>661175
Abenad puts his equipment back on, giving Kivoda a hug around the neck and kissing Tourmaline and Gloria on the foreheads in gratitude.

Crawling across the bridge on all fours the rest of the way, Abenad dusts himself off as he looks down at Dreamcoat.

"Before we make a decision, I'd first like to know why it is that we couldn't beat her as a whole, what you'd offer to our efforts, and have the terms of our truce written down on paper and stamped with our blood."

 No.661178

>>661175
Maali just remains silent, glaring for a bit before he keeps moving foward the path

 No.661179

>>661175
Gloria flies up, brandishing her Ashbringer to Dreamcoat. "No, Dreamcoat. I won't show you mercy a second time. If you truly fear death, then you should run now before I make you taste my blade."

She looks to the rest of the party. "Who is with me?"

>Intimidate Dreamcoat

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.661180

>>661177
>>661175
She half-heartedly pats away Abenad and puts her leg around Kivoda's.

"You are still holding a former party member hostage because you decided it would be more pertinent to antagonize us when admitting you caused the curse instead of openly offer cooperation. That was your decision and not ours. If we help you then you'll just grab the soul before we can and run away. If we force you at swordpoint to fight the snake thing and then take it, you'll just grab the soul and run away. If we do it ourselves you'll shoot us in the back, grab it and run away."

"Therefore, please consider suicide."

 No.661181

>>661179
"Why give him the chance to run? That went well last time, I'm sure. If we kill him now, he's no longer a problem."

 No.661182

>>661179
''Don't bother Miss Gloria. He is a coward and will just run away. Don't waste your energy on him yet. We will need it for Tascheter…Please''

 No.661183

File: 1460182226498.png (2.38 MB, 1920x1080, 1449292154148.png)

>pausing

 No.661184

>>661181
"Strike with me then." She says, preparing her blade.

>>661182
"My endurance is never ending so long as the light remains by my side." She states confidently.

 No.661574

File: 1460772237852.jpg (444.44 KB, 1920x1200, 1460698414696.jpg)

It's that time again. Post sheets.

 No.661575


 No.661576

File: 1460772789868.gif (4.85 MB, 631x270, galehaut.gif)


 No.661577

File: 1460772792838.png (2 MB, 1920x1080, 1460586232295.png)

I hid something on my sheet, see if you can find it.
http://pastebin.com/R0HnqxZ3

 No.661578

File: 1460772875162.jpg (31.46 KB, 480x480, 1459902422398.jpg)


 No.661579

File: 1460773095571.png (230.89 KB, 1200x1200, tumblr_nrg994XDCl1rr95hmo1….png)


 No.661580


 No.661581

File: 1460773514213.png (1012.74 KB, 675x1256, into_the_abyss_by_ehecod-d….png)

>>661575
>>661576
>>661577
>>661578
>>661579
>>661580
>10 642, Myna's Day of Bravery. Late morning.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party continued on their ascent of Mount Venn, slaying some of its reptilian inhabitants and passing through what appeared to be a long-abandoned settlement. While doing so, they saw a strange circular clearing with stones in concentric circles. They did not investigate it due to the urgency of their task, but made a note that it could be worth investigating later. After crossing a tenuous rope bridge, the last obstacle between them and Tascheter's lair, they were confronted by Dreamcoat again as he converged on their destination. Once again, he pleaded them not to oppose him but instead to work together to kill the sorceress, wanting to form a truce with the party…

>Tourmaline is at 10/5

>Maali is at 5/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Abenad is at 7/5
>Galehaut is at 6/6
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel

>Old thread: >>659839


"Listen to me," says Dreamcoat sternly. "I do not want to hurt you. Any of you. I know you are all capable fighters, and have faced many challenges, but you would be no match on your own. You may have fought her before, but she was far away from here, and not at her full strength. If you enter and fight her alone, you'll die over and over again until there's nothing left of you. And that's if her minions don't destroy you first. You'll need more than just the seven of you to prevail. I don't want to be your enemy. Let's put all of this aside and work together, and… well… Both our tasks will be much easier." He puts his gloved hoof in his robe pocket, touching something inside. "What say you?"

 No.661582

>>661581

"If I had to give a guess, the Immortal Soul she possesses is not your main interest here anyway. If it was so important to you, you would have not thrown it away so easily. So, I don't really care what your goal is, as long as we get the Immortal Soul. So long as that stipulation is satisfied, there is no reason we can't work together."

[1d10] for convincing if necessary

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.661583

>>661581
"We are not alone, you're the one who walks up to a group of fighters. You betrayed us once and fled. We should not give you the chance again."

He buffets Dreamcoat with the center of his shield, knocking him back

[1d10+1] not using the sharp bits, yet

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.661584

>>661581
>>661583

"And, I believe that is good enough evidence of why you should honor this deal and not go back on it should it happen," Timber says in a combination of joviality and sternness.

 No.661585

>>661581
>>661582
''What? What you mean there is no reason we can't work together mister Timber?!'' Maali shouts, his voice cracking as he points to Dreamcoat ''He has Miss Archie HOSTAGE in who knows where and you want to work with him?!''
He then turns to Dreamcoat
''I will not move a hoof to help you unless you tell me where miss Archie is''

 No.661586

>>661581
"Well, you know, I was thinking earlier about how I should be appreciating this curse you've laid on the land, to some extent," Abenad says, stroking his chin, "After all, it's given me some meaning in life, and it will be the basis of my eventual lordship. So I'll be happy to help you out this time… but in return, I'd like a barrel of wine."

 No.661587

>>661581
She pushes Kivoda back a few inches, then says, "Just do whatever pleases you, I suppose. In no case, in any circumstance, would we ever POSSIBLY be able to keep you from the soul. I can feel it in my teeth. So do as you like."

 No.661588

>>661581
"I cannot trust you, nor will I assist you. I would spare you mercy if you gave up the immortal soul… But I already know you won't." She glares down at him, her heart filled with hope from the light. "May the light purify your blackened soul…" She says before dive bombing Dreamcoat with a powerful blow.

>Blast

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.661589

>>661582
"Now that's something that can't happen, and you know it. Why do you want the Immortal Souls so badly?" he replies with a hint of impatience. "Even if you break the curse, do you really think Rin will be able to recover from it? You've seen the devastation it's caused. This land is doomed, there is no way around that. You cannot save it, even if you tried. That's not what I want either. I want this world to move on. We still use the same tools as our ancestors, and our ancestors' ancestors. We as a community have hit a brick wall as far as progress goes. If we are made immortal - godlike - we can move past this stagnation. Restoring the old ways will only bring about further decay.
"You want to bring Rin back to what it was decades ago. You want to reset the world. How can this help anyone? It is our right as living, thinking beings not to languish, but to move on, to progress. Or else we aren't any better than insects, and millennia of higher thinking and accomplishments amount to nothing more than a teardrop in the endless ocean that is the cosmos.
"Therefore, we must be true to our nature," he concludes, "and fulfill our destiny by aspiring to greater things than this chrysalis of life and death. Our time is soon, if not now. Civilization as we know it is in an infancy. If we are to ever learn to walk and not lie forever in our cradle, we must take our first steps. We, as a global community, must break the bonds of mortality. It's the only way to ensure a future for this world. Think about it. Think about what you're throwing away by trying to 'save the world' yourself. Is it really worth it?
"I don't expect you to answer now. But please, reconsider your path. No good can come from breaking the curse."

>>661583
You ram into the sorcerer with the ancient shield, knocking him backwards, perilously close to the edge of the cliff. He grunts from the impact, teeters for a moment, then straightens himself. Eye contact remains unbroken between you two, his expression stern. "I guess we never really were allies, then," he says in a low voice. "What a shame."

>>661585
"If we are to work together, then of course I will let her go free. Rest assured, she is no hostage. She is my guest. She is perfectly safe where she is."

>>661586
He blinks in surprise. "That's all it would take to sway you? That's… awfully materialistic of you. However, I'm glad at least you can appreciate the positive effects of the world's state."

>>661588
You lunge at him angrily. He quickly teleports out of range of your attack, leaving him unharmed. "Right for the face, hm? "I hoped we could come to an agreement and we could work together in mutual trust and respect, but I see now I was mistaken. You really are as narrow-minded as I feared. I just wish you wouldn't act with such disregard for your own future. So, if you will not help me, then that's just fine. You had your second chance. There won't be a third."

Dreamcoat pauses for a moment, then steels himself as he turns towards the cave. "Fine," he says coldly. "I'll do it myself. …Don't get in my way." With that, he enters Tascheter's lair, vanishing into the gloom of the cavern's gaping maw.

 No.661590

>>661587
Kivoda looks at Dreamcoat warily as the negotiations continue. "No," Dreamcoat says to you. "You could not. If you will not help me, then I pray we never cross paths again."

 No.661591

>>661589
Gloria growls in anger after Dreamcoat teleports from her blow, ripping her blade out of the ground. "Coward… We mustn't allow him to escape! If he collects anymore immortal souls then we will be further from our goal!" She yells out, flying to the cave's entrance.

"Everyone gather closely, Galehaut come take the front." She gestures for everyone to follow, landing at the maw of the cave.

 No.661592

>>661589

Timber sighs as Dreamcoat leaves. "His continued faith in the responsibility of pony-kind is… shockingly naive."

Timber walks into Tascheter's lair. "Let's just let him do the fighting. We'll step in once they are both weakened. If he didn't need our help, he wouldn't have asked for it."

 No.661593

>>661589
>>661591
Galehaut nods, following until he's ahead, shield placed ahead of him,

>>661592
"We intervene if we tries smooth talking the snake too, they used to be colleagues, so who knows what might happen."

 No.661594

>>661589
Abenad follows closely after Dreamcoat. "Now, hold on!" he says, "I can't let you go after her alone- should you manage to beat her in single combat, what would that say about me?" He claps Dreamcoat on his front shoulders. "I'll take the lead, and you can back me up. Know you any healing spells?"

 No.661595

>>661589
"He escapes, like an ugly whiny smelly fish who was never loved by his daddy, I reckon," she remarks to Kivoda. "Never trust some skinny limp-wrist wizard."

She makes a light poke at his wrist, then follows behind Timber.

 No.661596

>>661593

"Historically, his colleagues have had a habit of trying to kill him."

 No.661597

>>661589
''I will believe my eyes, not your words, Dreamcoat…''

As the wizard finishes his speech and starts walking away, he follows Gloria's orders and remains behind Galehaut ''Does he really thinks that he will do any better than all of us alone? Tascheter and her monsters will kill him!''

 No.661598

>>661591
>>661592
>>661593
>>661594
>>661595
>>661597
As you enter the cave, you immediately lose sight of Dreamcoat. There are at least six branching tunnels leading out from the entrance. To make things worse, each tunnel branches off on its own, effectively making this underground complex an elaborate labyrinth. You find yourselves easily disoriented while traversing it; the only solace you find is that the walls are lined with some sort of luminescent lichen, making it fairly easy to see where you are going. Still, the disorientation from being lost coupled with the constant pervasive sound of something slithering and a lingering musty smell makes for an unsettling experience.
>roll to navigate the maze
Kivoda grips his staff tightly as he follows you onward, staying at the back of the group. He hasn't said a word since the encounter with Dreamcoat. Something seems to be bothering him.

 No.661599

>>661598
Gloria follows behind Galehaut, watching out for possible ambushes as she navigates the maze with the others.

>Navigation

[1d10]

>>661597
>>661593
"If he is struggling in the fight, we should deal with Dreamcoat first. With him out of the way we can claim the second soul that is Tascheter's." She says, still peering around the cave.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.661600

>>661598

Everyone knows, if you want to get through a labyrinth, stick to the left wall! It will get you everywhere at some point.

Timber follows the left wall. [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.661601

>>661598
"Everybody strong enough, allow someone to mount you. IF not, tie yourself to a partner. I have a feeling this maze is magical, and if we're not physically together we'll separate."

>>661597
"Healer, you're with me. I'll need your spells if I have to protect you or fight."

He allows time for Maali to get on his back, then procedes [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.661602

>>661598
>rolling even though I was in favor of assisting dreamcoat and would logically follow right after him as he left
[1d10]
>and would also like to have some conversation with him and get to know his character better

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.661603

She holds Timber's tail to follow his trail. [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.661604

>>661603
>4 on holding a tail

Does this mean you like accidentally molested me?

 No.661605

File: 1460777073180.jpeg (29.13 KB, 283x283, stop.jpeg)


 No.661606

>>661598
>>661601
He nods and climbs atop of the large donkey ''Please keep your shield up. I feel something could jump at is any second…''
'1d10'

>>661599
''Yes but…What if he is just making a trap for us? We are heading inside this maze and might find Tascheter before he does…And he will just wait somewhere as she fights us and then attack when we are both weakened…''

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.661607

>>661604
>>661605
>frustrated at the lack of dick she's getting from Kivoda, Tourmaline takes a direct route to get attention from Timber

 No.661608

>>661605

That's a nice octagon.

 No.661609

>>661606
"That is possible… But I will not tire until I draw my last breath. If he decides to attack us during our fight, we shall retaliate. Always have hope."

 No.661610

>>661609
''I understand Miss Gloria…And I like your courage but…If we are put against both of them together we will die''

 No.661611

>>661610
"Not while I'm around." She keeps it simple, wanting to focus on the search more than talk now.

 No.661612

>>661599
>>661600
>>661601
>>661602
>>661603
>>661606
You wander through the maze for a while. You become hopelessly lost as you do so, with every corridor leading to just another selection of corridors. It feels like you're trapped down there forever, with nothing but cold stone surrounding you. On more than one occasion, you hear hoofsteps, presumably Dreamcoat's.
Eventually, you hear the slithering becoming louder and louder. It sounds like it's right next to you. Looking around, you see it. Aldebaran, the titanic serpent from Where-Waters-Meet, is staring right at you with its milky white eyes, fangs bared. Its head alone is easily as big as the average pony.
Aldebaran lunges at Gloria with a low hiss.
[1d10] Autocrit
>if fleeing, roll to do so

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.661613

>>661612

"Better to kill it now while it doesn't have assistance than to have it assist Tascheter later," Timber comments as his hoof is wrapped in stone.

>Earthen Strike: recharge 1, spell; a melee attack against a single enemy using an earth-covered limb, crits on 8+ and crit fails on 3-

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.661614

>>661612
"We must get to Taschester! Keep exploring, I'll take up the rear. Deer, heal me when I need it."

>Protect: Gloria

>Retaliate (instant automatic)

Flee [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.661615

>>661612
Gloria turns to the hissing, her eyes widening as the snake lunges at her suddenly. She then holds up her ashbringer in an attempt to quickly retaliate against the snake's attack, hopefully to lessen the blow.

>Leap of Faith

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.661616

>>661612
Abenad strikes the creature with a swing of the Sundering Hammer!
[1d10+2] Marksman Shot

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.661617

>>661612
She pokes the snake when everyone else's had their turn.

[1d10+2] Impale

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.661618

>>661612
>>661614
''Yes Sir!'' He says hopping off the Donkey's back, moving away from him and circling the huge Aldebaran, trying to hit it from behind
'1d10' woosh, get around
'1d10' antlers

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.661619

>>661613
You uppercut the creature, cracking its scales with a mighty punch of your stony hoof.

>>661614
You shuffle to the front of the line, standing between Gloria and the colossal snake.

>>661615
You stab it in the side of the head, leaving a deep smoking wound. You cannot stop it from biting into you, however, puncturing your side with its enormous fangs. Your whole body feels like it's on fire as venom courses through you.
>Gloria takes 5 hits, poisoned for 5 rounds: -1 hit or wound every turn

>>661616
You crack it over the head with the polearm , causing it to flinch and thrash from the impact.

>>661617
You stab the creature in the side, leaving a deep bleeding wound. It recoils from the blow.

>>661618
You clamber over its head and onto its seemingly infinite spine, butting into it at full force. It doesn't seem very effective, however.

Pained by the powerful blows it has suffered, Aldebaran flinches and begins to retreat. A green light appears behind it, and it turns to follow it, quickly retreating into the tunnels. "W-we should follow it!" Kivoda suggests quickly. "It could lead us right to her, and…" He trails off, seemingly having something on his mind.

 No.661620

>>661614
>>661619
>correction
As you jump in front of Gloria, the serpent's fangs pierce right through your thick armor, leaving two gaping holes in your plate mail as they pierce your side. You feel faint from the grievous injury.
>Galehaut takes 5 hits, poisoned for 5 rounds: -1 hit or wound every turn

 No.661621

"Thank you, Sir Galehaut. This beast will not escape from us!" Gloria yells, charging after the snake to strike at it before it can escape.

>Blast

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.661622

>>661621
>>661619
>>661614
>Post directed to

 No.661623

>>661619
After hitting the huge reptile, Maali jumps off of it with his deer nimbleness, softly landing on the ground shaking his head ''Holy mother those scales are like stone!''
He turns to Galehaut and starts healing him, scratching his head a bit
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.661624

>>661619
>>following

 No.661625

>>661619
>>661621

"Of course, slay it in the name of the Light. I shall end it in the name of the All-in-One!"

> switch to Dual tag

[1d10+1] His lunges forward with his shield held horizontal and spinning, then pressing downward to cut into the snake's flesh at a 45 degree angle [1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7

 No.661626

>>661619

Timber nods in agreement to Kivoda. "It may also attack us again if we don't."

TImber runs after it. [1d10] if needed

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.661627

>>661619
She follows the others.

 No.661628

>>661621
You slice into its tail as it flees, cutting through flesh and sinew and leaving a deep wound. It thrashes about in pain as it leaves, almost whipping you in the face.

>>661623
You channel the magic of Gaia through Galehaut's body. He can feel the poison in his veins begin to wane as you do so. His vision clears.
>Galehaut is no longer poisoned

>>661625
Aldebaran's thrashing tail hits you in the torso as you do so, bowling you over onto the ground.
>Galehaut takes 6 hits, helpless at 0/4

>>661624
>>661626
>>661627
>assuming everyone else is doing so
You chase after the titanic serpent through the tunnels, eventually stumbling upon a large cavern embedded with strange green crystals that emit an eerie light. A roughly hewn pathway leads to the bottom of the place, in the center of which is a huge writhing figure draped in a tattered robe. Tascheter's face - or the area where her face would be - is turned away from you. You can hear a strange sound coming from her, almost like sobbing. She does not appear to have noticed you yet.
Aldebaran slithers down towards her, coiling around her in a protective ring. He closes his eyes, and his injuries are bathed in a pale green light. They begin to close and heal.

 No.661629

>>661628
>>661625
''Curses mister Galehaut.. you are draining me like this…'' He sighs as he tries to heal the donkey again to heal the new wounds he just received
'1d10'

As they arrive in the cave, Maali's eyes lock on Tascheter. He swallows the lump in his throat
''S-should we wait for Dreamcoat?…'' He turns to the party, whispering
''You won't even let me talk to her, right?''

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.661630

>>661625
>I'm a retard
As its tail lashes out at you, you take the blow and power through it, bringing your whirling shield down on Aldebaran's tail. Bones break and flesh tears as you sever its tip, spraying the walls with blood. It writhes madly, beating you with its maimed tail again. This time, you take the blow on the chest, getting bowled over by it.

 No.661631

>>661628
"Dreamcoat approaches, Tascheter. We shall give you an honorable death, and use your soul to end the curse. Not further it."

Galehaut says, getting up [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.661632

>>661628
Gloria leaps down towards Aldebaran, giving a powerful beat of her wings as her blade glows lightly to charge for another blast attack.

>Blast + Divebomb Bonus

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.661633

>>661629
"Can't risk it," Abenad grunts, "Besides, the insane probably cry all the time, we're not interrupting anything."

With that said, he charges forward and swings the hammer at Tascheter.

[1d10+1] Marksman Shot w/ Blast

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.661634

>>661628

"Well that's annoying…" Timber mutters as the snake is healed by Tascheter. "No point in attacking the snake until Tascheter is down."

Timber's body is covered in stone.

>Earth Elemental

 No.661635

>>661628
Get some R2 spam up in this bitch

[1d10+2] Slam Taschexmix

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.661636

>>661629
You heal Galehaut again, bringing him back to peak fighting condition.
>Galehaut is at 6/6
"I… I'd have to agree with your idea, actually," Kivoda chimes in as he looks at Tascheter uneasily. "I think Dreamcoat may have been right. We've fought her twice before, and we only just managed to fend her off. And he said she wasn't at full power then. What if… What if there's another way? She used to be a pony, right? Maybe if we could speak to her, remind her of who she was, our job would be easier."

>>661632
You miss your swing as you swoop at the two. Aldebaran rears up and snaps at you as you fly past. Tascheter stirs, turning to face you along with the rest of the party. Her emerald mask glitters ominously in the semi-darkness. She is large, larger than she was when you fought her. Snakes begin to spread in every direction.
For the first time, you hear Tascheter speak, a terrible gravelly echoing sound. It seems to come from all around the cavern, from a thousand different voices. Doing this seems to pain the corrupted sorceress somehow.

"Comes… another… seeking… glory… Leave… Leave this place, leave… …Please…"

>>661633
"M-Mr Abenad, wait!" Kivoda cries out as you charge. "You-" But it is too late. You bring the hammer down on her at full force, crushing a snakes. She lets out an unearthly wail. Her snakes begin to form a towering pillar, looming over you, easily three times your size. She utters a single word.

"FALL."

Then she is upon you, a horde of snakes slithering and snapping at you. Aldebaran rushes to its maker's defense, rearing to bite you, its fangs dripping venom.

[1d10] Autocrit from Aldebaran

[1d10+3]
[1d10+3]
[1d10+3] Regular attacks from Tascheter

>>661634
Your body turns to stone, and you steel yourself for a fight.

>>661635
You miss your swing. Nothing else happens.

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 9 + 3 = 12 / Roll #3 7 + 3 = 10 / Roll #4 4 + 3 = 7

 No.661637

>>661636
Within the mass of writhing snakes, Abenad strikes out with the Sundering Hammer once more.
[1d10+1] Reflex Shot

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.661638

>>661631
You manage to get back up. Tascheter pauses as she hears what you said, as if listening to something else.

"You… YOU… You brought HIM… And the other… He does not exist… He waits… He watches… For you… You come for it… You WORK for it… It will bring ruin… It will… It will…"

 No.661639

>>661636

"My apologies, Tascheter. You deserved better. But, we need what you have. If it's any consolation, it will be over soon."

Timber smacks the closest thing to a knee he can find on Tascheter. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 7 + 3 = 10

 No.661640

>>661636
He stands and stares as the others fight, looking upset
''Even if there was, it is hopeless if they are much more drawn to fighting first…Galehaut said it is too risky…But so is fighting now when we don't know where Dreamcoat is…''
''Ugh…Even if I tried, I don't know if She would listen to me now that I also joined the fight and tried to hurt Aldebaran.''
He sighs as he closes his eyes and his body changes, sprouting flowers to heal Abenad and Galehaut
>nature elemental

 No.661641

>>661636
"I do not seek glory, I seek to fulfill my duty and cleanse this land of it's curse!" Gloria defiantly shouts back at Tascheter.

>Leap of Faith on Tascheter.

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.661642

>>661636
She impales Tashceter's other leg for Timber.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.661643

>>661638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqeH9cAKvIY

"Death exists, we just need him out of a body, and back as just an idea or whatever 'death' is. I'm sure you were a nice mare… or stallion when you weren't corrupted. But now, this is mercy."

[1d10+1] Attacking the snake lady
[1d10+1] and her little dog big snake too.

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.661644

>>661637
You are beset by a barrage of snakes as you swing wildly at them. You manage to slay many with your attack, but the impact of Aldebaran's lunging gnash brings you to your knees. Your head feels light.
>Abenad takes 18 hits, helpless at 0/2
>poisoned for 5 rounds

>>661639
You stamp on a group of snakes, crushing them underhoof.

>>661640
You begin to heal your friends from afar as they struggle to destroy the beldam.
>Abenad is at 0/3
>Galehaut is at full HP

>>661641
You lunge at a mass of snakes, impaling many on your sword.

>>661642
Tascheter is impossible to impale due to her amorphous nature, but you still smite a large group of snakes with a powerful swing.

>>661643
You are overwhelmed by snakes all of a sudden. They bite at your vulnerable flesh, crawling through the holes Aldebaran left in your armor. You feel dizzy.
>Galehaut takes 6 hits, helpless
>poisoned for 3 rounds

BOSS FIGHT: Tascheter, the Squamous Beldam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6MlY-Ku1oc

Aldebaran lashes at Gloria with its tail.
[1d10+1]

Tascheter's mask flashes brilliant green, casting a spell on Tourmaline. Her body is suddenly paralyzed, unable to move.
>roll to break free of the binding spell

A volley of snakes leaps at Timber Hoof.
[1d10+3]

Kivoda reluctantly steps down to join the fight, holding off a group of snakes on his own.

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #2 5 + 3 = 8

 No.661645

Abenad attempts to recover
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.661646

>>661644
Galehaut rises again.

> I Can Still Stand: passive; Every time you successfully stand up from helplessness, add +1 to all future attempts to get up. This bonus also applies to anyone trying to help you up. Lasts until combat ends.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.661647

>>661644
She shrugs it off. [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.661648

>>661644

"At least attacking this thing yields immediate results," Timber comments. "If we keep hitting it, it will eventually be whittled away to nothing. Hopefully… That or it will just infinitely generate snakes."

Timber hits at Tascheter again. [1d10+3]

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.661649

>>661644
Gloria raises her blade to bring it down, her blade glowing as she attempts to go for another blast.

>Blast

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.661650

>>661644
He keeps on the healing, carefully making his way closer to Tascheter despite the strain of his spell, avoiding getting in the way of the others
''T-Tascheter, I know you might not even want to listen to me but we are doing this to break this curse! Dreamcoat, the one who cursed you…'' He tries to avoid stepping in any stray snakes, nervously glancing down at his hooves
''He is here and he wants to take your soul! He wants to use it…A-and become powerful enough to make this curse stronger…Make every living thing in Rin immortal! Please hear me!'' He shouts, trying hard to make his voice sound louder than the ruckus of the battle

 No.661651

>>661645
>>661646
You pull yourselves back up, ready to keep fighting.

>>661647
The magical bindings are still restraining you.

>>661648
You kill most of the incoming snakes with one punch, but they still harry you, leaving deep wounds on your chest and front legs.
>Timber takes 3 hits

>>661649
You swing at Tascheter with all your might. The impact kills several snakes in the vicinity, letting out a magical pulse that smites them. Tascheter recoils from your attack, her emerald mask flashing for a moment. Aldebaran seems to respond to this, and he lashes at you with his tail as he rushes to her aid. The powerful blow leaves you dazed, but you withstand it.

>>661650
At the mention of Dreamcoat's name, Tascheter seems to pause, staring down at you for a moment. It's as if you stirred something in her. She speaks after a moment.

"He… He is here… You are his enemy, but you cannot win… He will destroy you… It is inevitable… He will destroy it all…"

>Abenad is at 7/4, -1 hit from poison therefore 6/4

>Galehaut is at 6/6

Aldebaran coils tightly around Tascheter, protecting her from incoming blows.

Tascheter ceases her attacks for a moment as Maali speaks to her. She seems to remember something.

 No.661652

>>661651
The Tourm will rise again [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.661653

>>661649
>>661648
>>661647
>>661646
>>661645
''E-Everyone please stop, She is listening!''

''He is powerful, yes…T-that is why I wanted to tell you this, Tascheter…Help us! If we fight him together, we will defeat him! He is weak, and absorbing the souls is corrupting his body… But if we can stop him, then we can put an end to this curse and his mad plan!''

 No.661654

>>661651
>>661653

Galehaut guards Maali.

Protect, Retaliate (Maali)

 No.661655

>>661651
Abenad stays quiet at Maali's request, soaking in that sweet sweet life energy.
>taking 1 wound

 No.661656

>>661651
>>661653
Gloria ceases her attacks at Maali's call, trusting that he knows what he's doing.

>>661652
Gloria attempts to help Tourmaline recover from the bindings.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.661657

>>661653

"Maali…" Timber says with a frown and his eyes closed. "We've been over this. We need the Immortal Soul. She can't use it. She can't give it unless she dies…"

Timber turns to Tascheter. "The best you can do for us is die. If you die fighting Dreamcoat, all the better. I'm sorry."

[1d10] for convincing
>wasting last turn of elemental on this

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.661658

>>661657
''I know that! I know…But this is our best chance to defeat Dreamcoat and get closer to ending this curse timber…Or do you rather try to fight her AND Dreamcoat?''

 No.661659

>>661652
Struggle as you might, you are still bound. Not for much longer, however. The enchantment wears off on its own, and you regain motion in your body.

>>661653
"Dream… coat… His plan… the souls… the Immortal Souls… He did this… I know he did this…" Although she has no eyes to see, you can feel her inner conflict. Memories long suppressed are stirring within her.
>Abenad is at 5/5
>Galehaut is at full HP

>>661656
The enchantment wears off on its own after a while.

>>661657
She listens to your words, but does not reply. The snakes flooding the room begin to return to her, back into her tattered robe.

The monstrosity that was -is- Tascheter lowers herself and looks at you all, writhing silently for a moment.

"You… you have been there… You have seen the city… You have seen the first room… The room… where… he… THEY…"

She does not finish the sentence, and instead hangs her head. Aldebaran looks through you.

 No.661660

>>661659
She sits there and waits, not sure what anybody's saying but enjoying the lull otherwise.

 No.661661

>>661659
>>661660
>>661657
>>661656
>>661654
Abenad goes to the mouth of one of the tunnels. "We should keep a look out for Dreamcoat," he says, "We don't want to ruin negotiations, do we?"

 No.661662

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.661663

>>661659
>>661661
"On it." Gloria looks around the area, making sure Dreamcoat won't get a sneak attack on the group.

>Keeping eye out for Dreamcoat

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.661664

File: 1460786583063.jpg (157.52 KB, 466x326, Lautrec.jpg)

>>661659
Galehaut rests, looking at one of the snakes slither by while he remains vigilant.

[1d10] also perception

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.661665

>>661659
''You mean Jevel?…We have… And we have seen much of it too. There we discovered what Dreamcoat did…When we confronted him about it…'' He lowers his head, a touch of anger pouring from his words ''He offered us to help him…He wanted us to go around and take the immortal souls of the great ones in Rin to bring it back to him…And when we refused…The coward ran away and took one of our friends…''

He looks up at the masked monster
''Tascheter…It is true…For the curse to end…Your life must end as well…I am sorry, I really wish there was another way but there isn't…''

 No.661666

>>661661
>>661658
>>661659

"What negotiations?" Timber asks. "I'm sorry, Tascheter, but what CAN you do? Even with her on our side, Dreamcoat will win. He will get the Immortal Soul. Our only chance at getting it before him is getting it now, before he arrives. I'm sure he has some magical method of taking it before we can."

"Take the Immortal Soul and run. That is our best option," Timber says as he looks to Tascheter. "I'm sorry, but the best I can ask of you is to end your own life right now."

[1d10] for convincing.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.661667

>>661661
>>661662
>>661664
You guard a tunnel. There's no sign of Dreamcoat anywhere yet. Kivoda does the same, joining Galehaut's side.

>>661663
You hear the faintest sound of hurrying hoofsteps.

>>661665
>>661666
She nods imperceptibly. "Jevel… Yes… The plan… He cannot succeed… He cannot…"

She pauses again, looking down. She seems to remember something in the recesses of her clouded mind. After a moment, she speaks a single phrase.

"I've felt this before."

Then she begins to transform. The snakes pouring from under her robe wither and crumble to dust. Her colossal frame shrinks rapidly, getting smaller and smaller before your eyes. Aldebaran too begins to shrink, becoming nothing more than a regular snake. After a moment, her emerald mask clatters to the ground, and the tattered robe frames nothing more than a white Cael mare. She looks frail and malnourished, her steel blue mane hanging limply about her face. You see that the entire left side of her face is covered in burns and scars. Tascheter looks around in disbelief, breathing raggedly. She picks up the emerald mask with one trembling hoof, gingerly touching her face. You see that despite her disfigured visage, she has brilliant deep blue eyes. She looks at you, meeting your gaze.
"Everything is so blurred," she says quietly after a moment. "You… you are right. There is no other way. Take my soul. Split it among you. Kill him before it is too late. I… I am ready."

 No.661668

>>661667

Timber sighs. "Thank you. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten. I will tell tales of the hero you are."

>>661664
>>661663
>>661662
>>661660

Timber looks to the party. "I apologize. I'd do it myself, but I have no weapon. She deserves a… cleaner death."

 No.661669

>>661667
A kind smile forms in his face as he watches Tascheter "I knew it… I knew there was still good inside of you Tascheter…" he nods, turning to the party

"Someone… Please do it now, I cannot…"
He glances back to Tascheter one more time, before turning away "We will stop him… And stop this curse… I promise you"

 No.661670

>>661667
Gloria follows the source of the hoofsteps, readying her blade to strike out at the moment Dreamcoat comes into visibility.

>If Dreamcoat - Blast

>If not Dreamcoat - Remain Vigilant.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.661671

>>661667
Abenad leaves his tunnel, heading to the equine form of Tascheter, kneeling in front of her and letting her lie in his arm. "My apologies for my rudeness before," he says, "And I must apologize for my eagerness to do battle with you, as well." He withdraws Nail from its sheath, placing the tip between the ribs where her heart was, and piercing the skin suddenly to impale her heart on its blade.

 No.661672

>>661669

Timber stares at Maali for a while with a combination of curiosity and anger.

"Why?" he asks after a while.

 No.661673

>>661672
"Why?" He turns back, unsure of what Timber meant "You mean why I cannot kill her, Mister Timber?"

 No.661674

>>661673

"Why does THIS result make you happier?"

 No.661675

>>661667
Galehaut looks down, contemplating his locket.

 No.661676

>>661668
>>661667
Now being given the go-ahead, she beheads Tascheter so they can get the soul.

 No.661677

>>661674
"Because we did not had to risk getting ourselves killed, and this fight ended much sooner this way… And also because I was right." he allows himself a smirk

 No.661678

>>661677

"So, it satisfies you to kill ponies that you know are truly good inside?" Timber asks in confusion.

 No.661679

>>661670
>>661667
[1d3]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.661680

>>661678
"What? No! Mister Timber you said it yourself that we had to kill her. I accepted that. But I am glad that we could at least do that without dying and before Dreamcoat could get here"

 No.661681

File: 1460788889061.jpg (756.63 KB, 2048x1360, 1449294038915.jpg)


>>661671
Her eyes widen in shock as you pierce her heart, her body involuntarily shuddering as you do so. She looks you in the eyes for a moment. "Thank you," she whispers, and is gone.

>>661676
But she was already dead.

A wisp of light comes out of Tascheter's open mouth, forming into an orb. It begins to grow larger and larger, crackling with magical energy. The room is blindingly bright from the raw power of the Immortal Soul. You feel drawn to it, almost entranced by its presence.

>>661670
The hoofsteps are louder and louder, but still there is no sign of him. At any moment, he will emerge. You can feel it. You get the feeling that like you, he became disoriented in the tunnels.
Suddenly, he emerges from not one but three of the tunnels. You swing your sword, blasting the copy of him with magical force. You sever his magical horn with one fell stroke, sending it thumping to the ground. Immediately, the two illusory copies he had conjured vanish. He cries out in pain clutches his head as he staggers towards the Immortal Soul, wheeling to face you all. His broken horn sparks as he tries to pull off his glove with telekinesis to no avail. In a fit of pain and agony, he yanks it off. His hoof is even worse than before, being little more than cracked stony skin and bone.
"Enough of this," he grunts through gritted teeth. "I've had enough of you all. Step away from the soul, or I swear on all the gods I will destroy you and everyone you love."

>pausing

 No.661682

>>661680

"We had to kill her. So, I would have preferred to kill her in battle. I would have preferred to have thought of her as a monster. Now, her death is a sad thing. Because she is good. But, the fact that she was good made you happy. You smiled when you said it. Why does her being good, knowing that we have to kill her either way make you smile?"

 No.661683

>>661682
"I don't… Mister Timber, you saw it. You saw what happened… In her last moments she managed to regain her form, managed to overcome the curse of the power in her soul that was driving her insane."

He glances at where she once stood before Abenad killed her
"Instead of making her suffer and feel pain from our blades and hooves, we gave her a clean, painless death… She passed away in peace mister Timber. That, is what makes me happy"

 No.661684

>>661683

Timber sighs. "You care more than I do. I would have preferred to have killed a monster. It would have been less… tragic."

 No.661685

>>661684
"It is in my nature, Mister Timber… I care about every life. It is my duty" he touches his necklace with a hoof

"I did not want her to die… I would have rather avoided that… But it would end up much worse if she lived… She was not a monster mister Timber… Deep down she wasn't. And now I can be happy and rest calmly tonight knowing that she peacefully accepted her death for a greater good, and that now we are closer to Saving Rin from this curse"

 No.661941

File: 1461118547230.jpg (204.92 KB, 1280x597, 1448305349805.jpg)

Let's do this. Post sheets.

 No.661942


 No.661943

File: 1461118742135.webm (2.38 MB, 1280x720, R2Birb2.webm)


 No.661944


 No.661945


 No.661946

File: 1461119057927.jpg (31.05 KB, 700x700, 1459654905422.jpg)


 No.661947

File: 1461120389126.jpg (112.5 KB, 1024x606, fall_in_the_garden_of_eden….jpg)

>10 642, Myna's Day of Bravery. Early afternoon.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party refused Dreamcoat's offer a second time, rebuffing his offer to make amends and form an alliance. Continuing into Tascheter's lair, they traversed a stony maze, getting ambushed by the serpent Aldebaran and fending it off. As it fled, they were able to follow it to her, confronting the squamous beldam. While they tried battling her at first, Maali was able to remind her of who she was, causing her to regain her memories and overcome the transformation induced by the Immortal Soul she bore, turning back into her true form. With no other option but to kill her, they granted the Cael a swift death. However, as the Immortal Soul left her body, Dreamcoat arrived, seeking to claim it for himself. Despite having his horn severed by Gloria in one swift blow, he stands firmly between the party and the soul…

>Tourmaline is at 10/5

>Maali is at 5/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Abenad is at 3/5 (no longer poisoned)
>Galehaut is at 6/6
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel

>Old thread: >>661581


>>661942
>>661943
>>661944
>>661945
>>661946
"Take the soul if you absolutely must," Dreamcoat intones, breathing heavily as his horn sparks uselessly. "But know that if you do, I will hurt everyone you have ever cared about. Pearl Orchid, Candy Claws, Clean Slate…" He gestures at Gloria. "Your loyal followers… Doom… Everyone. They may be undead, but they will still suffer because of you. Starting with Pearl, and then him." He points at Kivoda with his red right hoof, who quails at his presence. "Leave now, and all of this can be avoided," Dreamcoat continues. "I don't plan on dying here. Not today."

>>661942
"You. You said you were on my side, didn't you? You see reason, do you not? The curse is a blessing in disguise. Don't let your friends destroy this new world I am creating. Step aside."

>>661943
"And you, ever the valiant man at arms. There's nothing left for you in the old world. Bringing about immortality is the only way for this country to improve. Serve your country. Do what's right for its people. Step aside."

>>661944
"I know what you'll say. Your code, your doctrines, your holy mission, all that nonsense. Spare me the details. I don't want to hear it. What I do want to do is tell you this. If you don't do as I say, you really won't like what happens next. Step aside."

>>661945
"Now… I'm no clairvoyant, but you're not hard to read. You really do care about her, don't you? She's like the mother you miss so much. …If you and your friends take that soul, or make any attempts to hurt me, you'll never see her again. At least not while she remembers you. Step aside."

>>661946
"And you? What say you? Are you going to sacrifice your friend here for your own benefit? Make no mistake, I will come for him when I'm done with her. And you won't be able to stop me when I do." Kivoda grows pale at his words, slinking behind you instinctively. "Step aside."

 No.661948

>>661947
Abenad narrow his eyes as Dreamcoat turns his accusations towards him. "Well, I said I was grateful to some extent, but do you thank the sun for granting you life? And for that matter, you would thank the rain for watering the land, but were it to drown the ones you loved, you would curse it." He draws Tooth and Nail, ready to fight Dreamcoat. "Get out of here and take those threats back, or I'll find out what the extent of immortality is with you as the subject."

 No.661949

>>661947
"Immortality? A gift? Pah, you know nothing of war, nothing of what's right for people. The only reason we have peace is because war is so terrifying, so devistating. People you know and love die, and then you don't want to fight anymore."

He quivers, holding his locket,

"But you take away death to soldiers? Take away the thing that makes it atrocious? Well look here."

he points to the corpse of Taschester,

"Unending bloodshed. Innocents drawn into it. She gets to be free from it, but yet we remain. We will bring back Death, Dreamcoat. You don't deserve his mercy, I hope you die slowly. Very slowly."

 No.661950

>>661947
"You won't be able to do anything once I've turned your body into ash." She threatens, doing at least one thing for him and sparing further details. She then prepares herself to accept the immortal soul.

>Absorb immortal soul with party.

 No.661951

>>661947
Maali stands in place, lowering his head as if he was about to jump at Dreamcoat.
''Your words don't scare me, Dreamcoat. Even less now that your horn is broken. We are taking the soul, and we WILL end this curse for good.''
He lowers his head even further, glaring at the unicorn
''And I will find her. I don't know where you took her, but she is stronger than you think. I believe in her and I know she will find us…I know s-she won't forget me! Now you step aside''

 No.661952

>>661947
She seems to ignore him at first.

 No.661954

>>661952
>>661948
>>661949
>>661950
>>661951
>>661952
As you approach the Immortal Soul, it begins to pulsate with your presence. White tendrils of light begin to shoot out of it, latching firmly onto your chests. You feel yourselves growing stronger, your entire bodies glowing with magical energy. You begin to get lifted off the ground, feeling the power coursing through your bodies. There is a peal of thunder and a blinding flash of light, then you float back onto the stony ground. You can feel your hearts pounding out of your chest.
>pick one class or racial skill to add to your sheets

Dreamcoat shields his eyes from the light and grimaces before facing you again. "Well, I hope you're very proud of yourselves," he says sternly as he begins to rummage through his bag. "You've brought this upon yourselves. You leave me no choice." He produces a gray oblong stone with a sky blue rune engraved on it. Tourmaline recognizes it as a Warp Rune; he gave one to her himself long ago. "Keep your wretched soul," he growls. "I'll just make another. And I have the perfect subject to do so."
>roll to attack Dreamcoat or prevent him from getting away again

 No.661955

>>661953
>>661954
Abenad flings both swords at the villain as he attempts to escape.
[2d10+1]

Roll #1 5, 8 + 1 = 14

 No.661956

>>661954
>Crusader mode activated!

Gloria takes a deep breath, feeling new found strength within herself thanks to the soul. She readies her blade and charges at Dreamcoat, aiming for his cracked hoof.

>Blast

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.661957

>>661954
"I think we'll just borrow yours," Tourmaline says.

She separates his lower jaw from the rest of his face.

>Bitter coolguysword [1d10+2] Impale DC -1


Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.661958

>>661954
''Wait! I won't let you!'' He turns away towards Dreamcoat, swiftly running at full speed to ram him with his body and and antlers to knock him away
'1d10' earthen strike
'1d10' antlers

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.661959

>>661954
>Any skill from of your classes
>Cavalier
> Animal Husbandry: May be picked multiple times. You gain an extra racial.
AH x3

- Tough: passive; Earth ponies take 1 additional hit before becoming helpless as well as 1 extra wound once they become helpless, for a total of 6 hits and 6 wounds without other modifiers. They can also lift, carry and move heavier objects than unicorns and pegasi.

- Sound Hound: Passive; Intelligent canines have to put up with so much. However there are some perks to being a diamond dog. While heightened hearing can be annoying at times (you know way more than a dog your age should) with a bit of concentration and focus, it’s a very nifty thing. You can listen on whispers and distant conversations with ease; your ungulate friends can’t keep a secret from you. Allies that know that you can do this can communicate with you in confidence escaping the notice of others (except other diamond dogs of course). Also when an enemy engages combat, for the first turn any attack targeting you hits on a DC+2 (DC+1 for stealth attacks and ambushes). You are also unaffected by light-level.

- Restless: passive; The founders of coffee drinks and rumored to never sleep, goats always seem to have much more energy for a creature of their size. While you and your kin neither confirm nor deny the rumors, you do have an unnatural tolerance to sleep magic and effects. You are completely immune from skills such as Sleep Serum or Knockout as well as magic meant to put you to sleep and are no longer required to rest for the night on long journeys (although your companions will probably keep you)

Galehaut raises a to protect Gloria
>Protect, Retaliate

 No.661960

>>661959
his shield*

 No.661961

>>661955
>>661956
>>661957
>>661958
>>661960
As you all rush towards him, he drops the stone. You are all engulfed in a flash of sky blue light alongside him. Your head spins and you lose all vision for a moment. Your whole body is tingling. When you come to, you find yourselves on a different part of Mount Venn, far away from Tascheter's lair.
It appears to have been some kind of shrine, but now is little more than a crumbling ruin. It has a second floor to it provided by an ancient staircase, on which is a large mossy statue of the ten-headed snake that represents Rin. You must be lower down the mountain now, as the surrounding wilderness is little more than a grassy outcrop covered in clovers and dandelions.
Looking around, Kivoda is nowhere to be seen, but Dreamcoat is on the second floor looking down at you all. He has a large slash from your attacks running down his face and torso. He is bleeding, but nonetheless stands tall and defiant.
"If that's the way it's going to be." He takes a few steps backwards and raises his hoof. "You won't be able to land that again," he adds as the cracks on his hoof begin to glow blue. Five spectral blue swords appear above his head, rapidly swinging around to face all of you. "Ready?"
He doesn't wait for an answer. He swings his hoof, and an invisible force slams into Galehaut.

[1d10]

The swords fly towards you all.
[1d10] Gloria prot. Galehaut
[1d10] Maali
[1d10] Abenad
[1d10] Timber
[1d10] Tourmaline

Dreamcoat fires a magic bolt at Abenad.
[2d10+3]

>BOSS FIGHT: Dreamcoat, Source of the Curse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF5jKCEvI2A

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 10 = 10 / Roll #3 3 = 3 / Roll #4 4 = 4 / Roll #5 6 = 6 / Roll #6 7 = 7 /

 No.661962

>>661961
[2d10]
[1d10+3]
Just testing something

Roll #1 8, 7 = 15 / Roll #2 2 + 3 = 5

 No.661963

>>661961
>Choosing Whirlwind

Abenad scratches his head as he looks around, before picking his swords back up and running at Dreamcoat, using his newfound strength to unleash a torrent of slashes at the unicorn.
[5d10+1]

Roll #1 5, 5, 7, 3, 2 + 1 = 23

 No.661964

>>661961
Gloria charges at Dreamcoat and prepares a swift strike with her blade. A righteous fury filled within her eyes as she intends to bring the corrupted mage down.

>Leap of Faith.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.661965

>>661961
Rerolling that magic bolt because it didn't post for some reason
[1d10+3]
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9 / Roll #2 9 + 3 = 12

 No.661966

>>661961
>Cavalier
>Tough (Now 11/6)
>Disgruntled
>Earth Pony Way (Slam)

She slices off his crazy arm.

[1d10+4] Slam, Crits 8+, DC - 1 kataner

Roll #1 2 + 4 = 6

 No.661967

File: 1461125719180.webm (896.88 KB, 1280x720, bossbattle.webm)

>>661961
Galehaut attacks.

>Dual

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3

 No.661968

>>661961
>Taking Stranglevine

Maali manages to dodge the magical blue sword flying at him, and the moment he manages to firmly plant his hooves on the ground, his necklace glows and a green spark flies from it, running through his hooves and the ground towards Dreamcoat, turning into green glowing vines covered in torns the moment they reach the unicorn.

''Woah, woah…'' He pauses for a moment to stare at his hoof ''How did I…Oh right'' He regains his focus and heals Galehaut
'1d10' stranglevine
'1d10' natural remedy

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.661969


 No.661970

>>661969
ahhh ferreal tho

 No.661971


 No.661972

>>661963
>>661964
>>661966
>>661968
You attack him with all your might. He vanishes and reappears a few steps away, leaving you swiping thin air. "You think I'm going to let you touch me?" he crows. "I'm old, not feeble. I wouldn't be here if I couldn't get the Immortal Souls myself. Surely you realize by now I can take whatever I want."

>>661963
You manage to leap out of the way of the incoming blade, but get blasted in the torso by the magic bolt. It scorches your fur and burns your skin, knocking you off your feet.
>Abenad takes 5 hits, helpless

>>661967
The attack from Dreamcoat slams you into the ground face first. You taste blood. Shaking it off, you leap at the sorcerer. He tries to teleport out of the way, but he's not fast enough. You manage to slice into his shoulderblade with your shield. He clenches his teeth and steps away as you move in the way of the sword going for Gloria. It stabs you in the leg, bringing you to one knee.
>Retaliate triggered
>Galehaut takes 7 hits, helpless

>>661966
The incoming sword slashes you across the face.
>Tourmaline takes 2 hits

>>661968
You manage to heal Galehaut, getting him to recover from his injury.
>Galehaut is back to 7/7, not helpless

Dreamcoat focuses on Maali, firing a beam of magical energy from his hoof.
>Storm Bolt
[1d10+3] [1d10+3] [1d10+3] critfails on 3-

He follows this up with another swing of invisible force at Tourmaline.
[1d10]

After this, he teleports himself to higher ground, out of reach of melee attacks.

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7 / Roll #2 2 + 3 = 5 / Roll #3 7 + 3 = 10 / Roll #4 3 = 3

 No.661973

>>661972
Abenad pulls out Umbral Precision, firing a pre-loaded bolt at Dreamcoat from the ground.
[1d10+1] Reflex Shot

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.661974

File: 1461127371470.jpg (46.9 KB, 654x654, CE4r5vR.jpg)

>>661972
Galehaut waits, toying with his puzzle box [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.661975

>>661972
Gloria doesn't even give him the satisfaction of a reply, instead moving on to swing down her blade with force, her blade glowing brightly as it's ready to smite him once again.

>Blast: Autocrits

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.661977

>>661972
She [-]teleports[-] jumps up there and teleports her katana into his teleporter.

[1d10+3] DC - 1 Impale

Roll #1 1 + 3 = 4

 No.661978

>>661972
Maali's body bursts into flowers after he dodges Dreamcoat's magic swords
''Try that again, Dreamcoat!'' He taunts as he heals Abenad

 No.661979

>>661978
>Abenad and Tourmaline

 No.661980

>>661973
Your crossbow jams, and you fail to get a shot off.

>>661974
You don't manage to make any progress.
>end of Protect on Gloria

>>661975
He throws his hoof up, creating a bubble of light around himself. It cushions most of the impact, but you still manage to cut into his shoulder. He grinds his teeth from the blow.

>>661977
As you clamber up, you feel yourself floating in midair all of a sudden. Dreamcoat holds his hoof out, holding you in place for a moment. "Just what do you think you're doing?" he says mockingly before slamming you into the sides of the ancient shrine, cracking the wall before tossing you aside like a ragdoll. Your legs shake as you get back up, reeling from the blow.
>Tourmaline takes 6 hits

>>661976

>>661978
>>661979
You begin to heal your wounded companions with the magic of Gaia. You pray that she does not fail you now. Instinctively, you roll out of the way of Dreamcoat's beam of magic as if it were child's play. He looks disgruntled.

>Tourmaline is at 7/6

>Abenad is at 0/5

Dreamcoat teleports back down from his vantage point before conjuring more swords.
[1d10+2] Magic Orb

He follows up with another swing, this time directed at Tourmaline.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.661981

>>661980
>Magic Orb
Homing Magic*

 No.661982

>>661980
Galehaut attacks
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.661983

>>661980
Tourmaline amputates his lower jaw.

[1d10+4] Slam, DC - 1 Katana

Roll #1 8 + 4 = 12

 No.661984

>>661980
Abenad tries to return to his feet now that Dreamcoat is back within striking distance.

 No.661985

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.661986

>>661980
Gloria continues her wordless onslaught against Dreamcoat with a swift slice of her blade.

>Basic Attack

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.661987

>>661980
''Stop running around like a coward Dreamcoat! You will face punishment for what you did!'' His necklace glows as another spark flies off of it when he slams his hooves on the ground. One more time, thorny vines emerged around Dreamcoat
'1d10' stranglevine
He also quickly turned to heal Abenad almost as if it was second nature to him
'1d10' natural remedy

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.661988

>>661980
A single spectral blade appears above him, ready to strike.

>>661982
You clip him on the shoulder again, spraying your face with blood. With an inarticulate shout of pain and anger, he counters your attack by knocking you backwards with a swing of his right hoof.
>Retaliate used
>Galehaut takes 3 hits

>>661984
>>661985
You are still winded and injured from the attack. You fail to get up.

>>661986
He teleports out of the way again with an odiously smug smirk. "You'll have to try a little harder than th-"

>>661983
You interrupt him mid sentence with a swing of your blade. Bones break and flesh tears as you slice through his jaw. He makes a horrible gurgling sound and falls over, clutching at his disfigured face.

>>661987
While your attempts to heal Abenad fail, you manage to smother Dreamcoat in vines while he's wounded. He struggles to free himself, to no avail.

Dreamcoat thrashes about in agony, vulnerable from the terrible blow he was dealt by Tourmaline.

 No.661989

>>661988
Abenad attempts to fire at Dreamcoat with his crossbow once more!
[1d10+1] Reflex Shot

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.661990

>>661988
Galehaut strikes his stone hoof
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.661991

>>661988
She removes his head from his body.

[1d10+3] Impale, DC - 1

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.661992

>>661988
Gloria aims to mutilate him further by swinging her blade down onto his hoof with tremendous force.

>Blast: Autocrit

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.661993

>>661988
Maali just averts his gaze as the party turn Dreamcoat into mincemeat

 No.661994

>>661990
>>661992
You sever his hoof in one blow. No blood comes out, only a wisp of smoke.

>>661989
You shoot him in the torso.

>>661991
You decapitate the wizard in one blow.

There is an ominous silence for a moment. The white glow of his Immortal Soul begins to appear above his body.
Then, his body begins to twitch, and after a moment his mutilated corpse rises and begins to walk on its own. With its other hoof, it picks up the arm and his own head, putting them back on. The seams where they were removed begin to glow. The grass around his hooves begins to catch fire wherever he goes. His head is placed at an unnatural angle, all color gone from his body, but somehow he still walks. Where Abenad fired a bolt in his chest, a brilliant white light is glowing. His disfigured mouth does not move, but his voice still burbles from his bloodied throat. "Thank you for cutting my strings," the thing that was once Dreamcoat says as it begins to trudge away, ignoring you.
The Immortal Soul is there for the taking.

 No.661995

>>661994
Galehaut strikes the walking corpse
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #2 5 + 1 = 6

 No.661996

>>661994
She picks up the soul and tucks it in her pocket, then looks for a way to leave, in the absence of a bonfire.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.661997

>>661994
Abenad picks himself back up, patting himself off and gathering himself together as the thing starts walking away. "Well, at least we don't have to worry about it doing anything sinister," he says, "Not gonna be able to get into anything looking like that."

 No.661998

>>661994
Gloria moves to take the Immortal Soul for the party to share once more. "You are finished, Dreamcoat… I shall wipe your legacy away by breaking this curse you have created."

She turns to the others, checking to see who's alright. "Well done everyone, we're even closer to our goal now than we were a few days ago." She says with a pride filled smile.

>Time for another skill?

 No.661999

>>661994
>>661996
>>661997
''W-wait we can't just leave that…That thing walk around!'' he shouts at Tourmaline and Abenad before turning to the monster that was Dreamcoat
''W-where is she Dreamcoat?! You lost, now tell me where is Miss Archie!''

 No.662000

>>661998
>>661999
"Oh whatever, I already butchered him enough, he won't respond. Help me find Kivoda already!"

 No.662001

>>662000
Abenad grunts, and starts looking around to find out where they are and if Kivoda's nearby.
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.662002

File: 1461132280161.jpg (365.49 KB, 1024x1365, learning_to_fly_by_conlaod….jpg)

>>661995
It crumbles into tiny pieces with just a single strike. A wisp of smoke comes out of the remains and dissipates into thin air. A feeling of dread hangs over you.

>>661996
>>662001
There seems to be a path leading out from the shrine and down the mountain. You can't see a way to get back up to where you were before, however. Perhaps if you follow it you'll be able to find the path you followed before. It could take a long time, though. You have no clue where you are.

>>661999
It offers no response now that it has been destroyed.

>>661998
You and the rest of the party feel energy coursing through you as you absorb yet another Immortal Soul. You feel like you could take on the whole world now.

>pausing

 No.663319

File: 1461985141567.jpg (378.25 KB, 1920x1230, 1920px-John_Martin_-_The_P….jpg)

Post sheets.

 No.663320

File: 1461985194249.webm (1.07 MB, 202x360, crow.webm)


 No.663321


 No.663322


 No.663324

File: 1461985458727.png (7.74 KB, 245x318, 1.png)


 No.663325

>10 642, Myna's Day of Bravery. Mid afternoon.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party absorbed one of two Immortal Souls created by the wizard Dreamcoat. Angered by this, Dreamcoat swore revenge on the party and attempted to make an escape; however, the party stopped him and were teleported alongside him to another part of Mt Venn. Here they fought the sorcerer and eventually defeated him, separating his head from his body. As they did so, however, a wisp of red smoke emerged from his mouth and seemed to reanimate his lifeless body. A voice that was not Dreamcoat's thanked the party for "cutting his strings" before beginning to leave. Instinctively, Galehaut destroyed the body, leaving only red smoke behind that quickly dissipated. Now, separated from their companion Kivoda, they are left to either keep exploring the mountain and attempt to find him, or leave him behind and push onwards on their quest…

>Tourmaline is at 10/5

>Maali is at 5/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Abenad is at 6/5
>Galehaut is at 7/7
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel
>2/5 Immortal Souls absorbed

>Old thread: >>661947


>>663320
>>663321
>>663322
>>663324
You leave the bloodstained ruins of the ancient shrine behind you and begin to travel along one of the many roads leading through Mount Venn, hoping to find a sign of the trail that led you to Tascheter's lair. The road is long and hard to follow, and before long you find yourselves trudging through the overgrowth at sundown, occasionally painfully scraping against the ubiquitous deep red knifebark trees. You can see a glimmer of firelight coming from a large rocky overhang nearby, although this is well off the beaten path away from your destination. You can also hear faint singing coming from it. The voice is vaguely familiar.

The Rinishman's wife was as fair as the sun,
and her kisses were warmer than spring.
But the Rinishman's blade was made of black steel,
and its kiss was a terrible thing.

 No.663326

>>663325
Nearby, you can see the bodies of two of the clawed reptilian creatures that ambushed you near the foot of the mountain. They seem to have been cleaved at the shoulder by something, almost in half.

 No.663327

>>663325
"Hurrah, another body!" Abenad cries in delight, bounding towards the voice, "It may be one who knows the way back to Tascheter's lair, that we may reunite with Kivoda and return to the lighthouse and our new friends!"

 No.663328

>>663325
Galehaut shudders, the battle over.

"Well, I do not know how to feel right now. We continue on our quest, then? We should find Kivoda."

 No.663330

>>663325
Ears pointed to the sides like radars, she continues to look for Kivoda.

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.663331

>>663325
Gloria follows the others after the defeat of Dreamcoat. Her faith has grown stronger knowing the light has succeeded once more.

>Gloria multiclassed into Ascendant, gaining Empower Weapon and Aura of Faith.


Gloria remains vigilant about her surroundings, as well as attempting to see the source of the singing before it sees her.

>Perception

[1d10]

>>663327
"Perhaps they would know this mountain better than we do." Gloria adds.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.663332

>>663331
That spider from forever ago comes back to haunt you. It crawls through a gap in your armor and onto your face as you look around, seeming lost and confused.

>>663330
You can see that there is a more defined path splitting off from the one you are on. This might be the road you followed previously.

>>663327
>>663328
>>663330
>>663331
You approach the campfire, soon spotting the source of the singing. It is the merchant Clean Slate, looking cheery as ever as he holds his hooves out to the fire he's made. His caravan is parked nearby, surprisingly well-kept despite the environment. He does not notice you at first. On the floor next to him is a zweihander, on top of which is a bloodstained rag.

The Rinishman's wife would sing as she bathed,
in a voice that was sweet as a peach,
But the Rinishman's blade had a song of its own,
and a bite sh-


"Oh, hello again!" he says cheerfully as you draw near. "I'm pleased to see you safe. We really can't seem to stop running into each other, can we? That's fate, I suppose. As always, you're welcome to peruse my wares if you're interested, and camp here if you have nowhere else to go. Got quite a few things up for grabs, and I imagine you've been quite busy lately." He flashes a grin, his golden tooth glinting in the firelight. "Say, where's your friend? The lanky grey fellow. Nothing's happened to him, I hope?"
http://pastebin.com/vK8edAPb

 No.663334

>>663332
"Hail and well met, Clean Slate!" Abenad cries, jogging up to the merchant and patting him on the back. "We had a run-in with a wizard and got separated from Kivoda. Tell me, where are we right now? We had just come from a cave that was past a rope bridge over a chasm and got teleported to the top of this mountain. Know you the way?"

 No.663335

>>663332
Snorting in greeting at Clean, she continues to look for Kivoda on that new road. [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.663337

>>663332
Gloria jumps slightly, startled by the sudden appearance of the spider and quickly wipes her face off free from the spider. Now feeling a bit more uneasy from the fact it was there since they made it to the lair the first time.

After ridding herself of the lost spider, Gloria gains back her composer. "Ugh… Spiders… Greetings, Clean Slate. We were simply separated from Kivoda, although we are a bit lost… We last saw him near a cavern, one that's close to a chasm with a rope bridge. Do you happen to know your way around this mountain?" She asks, sitting at the campfire to let her feet rest.

 No.663338

>>663332

>Knight+Tracker=Ranger

> Supreme Survivor: passive; automatically passes all spot checks, autocrits on jump, climb and other traversing checks
Crusader+Tracker= Sentry
>With Soundhound, Restless, and Supreme Survivor, I am able to spot and hear anything within the vicinity, and no longer need to rest.

Galehaut offers the trader his book he found earlier,

"Hello Slate, I hope you have traveled safely. Could I offer you this copy of The Birdsong Tales? It's an easy profit, as in such dark times, ponies look to stories to seek refuge from the world's oppression. You will find to tatter nor tear on this copy either, well preserved from the abandoned library in Jevel."

He eyes the black kite shield,

"Perhaps… Tell me, if I gave you my shield, would you trade it for your kite shield and the cleaver?"

He looks to the clothing too,

"And since the two share a color, perhaps that black dye there too. Intimidation can win a fight before it begins."

>Vorticular Greatshield (20-30g) + Birdsong Tales (1-2g)

(total 21-32g)
for
>Dusk (15g)+ Black Empress Cleaver (3G) + Black Dye (1g)
(total 19g)

 No.663341

>>663337
Gloria also decides to purchase some goods from Clean Slate as she conversates with him.

>Buying 8 No-Bake bags, 20 Fire Beads, Telescope and Skull of the Soothsayer.

 No.663342

>>663335
"Hello to you too," he says warmly.
The path leads further away into the undergrowth, and it is difficult to see the way in the dark. You get the feeling it would not be wise to continue alone.
You suddenly have a feeling you're forgetting something.

>>663334
>>663337
He thinks for a moment. "Well… I'm afraid I don't know this place any better than you do, but there is a branching path heading up the mountain just over there. It might be the one you followed. Or it might not." He shrugs. "Looks like your friend's already eager to get going, he says, nodding in Tourmaline's direction. Between you and me I don't think you'll have to look for long to find your friend, anyway. If he has any brains, he'll be heading back the way you all came and retracing his hoofsteps. You'll find each other, I'm sure."

>>663338
He happily makes the trade with you. "Of course," he says with a wide grin. "You made a wise transaction, my friend. Bittersteel will never betray you, and that shield is a very valuable find. Keep it safe."

>>663341
"Cheers!" His gold tooth glints again as he passes you the goods you asked for.

"That reminds me, if you're going to be leaving this place anytime soon you should be on the lookout for Changelings. I'm only really up here on this mountain because they've been on the move lately. Not that I can't take them on, of course, but I'd rather avoid any entanglements. Already had to deal with one group of them not two days ago. Either they're starting to invade or they're working for the Shells. Or both." He shrugs. "Just be careful out there, and stay away from the river road. That's where they're most common."

 No.663343

>>663342
"Changelings, hmm? Will do."

Abenad pulls out Tooth and hacks at a nearby tree, coating the blade in its sap before setting the tip in the campfire to set it ablaze. "Excellent, now it's a torch and a weapon," he says with a smile of satisfaction, and heads out to follow Tourmaline.

 No.663345

>>663342
Galehaut follows Tourmaline, keeping an eye out for any trouble.

> Supreme Survivor: passive; automatically passes all spot checks, autocrits on jump, climb and other traversing checks.

Auto spot check

 No.663346

>>663342
"Changelings…" Gloria thinks to herself, remembering back to the ship wreckage and feeling that it might have been a bit of foreshadowing. She shakes off this feeling to give Clean Slate a smile. "Thank you for the warning, Clean Slate. Until our paths cross once more." She says with a bow, leaving with her friends after putting away the goods she bought. Maybe the skull might lighten the mood when she needs it.

Gloria then follows the others on their way to find Kivoda, still keeping an eye out for danger.

>Perception

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.663347

>>663342
Pacing on tip-hoof in frustration, she gives the pendant to Clean Slate. "Oh, your brother said something about this, you should have it, most likely, somethingorother."

She then goes back to the path when the others follow.

 No.663348

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.663351

>>663343
It takes a few hacks to split the tree, but you eventually manage to get at the thick red sap and light your sword on fire.

>>663347
His eyes gleam. "My… brother?" he parrots quietly. "Of course… Of course he'd think to give me this. After all these years, he still has it…" He trails off, lost in thought for a moment. "Thank you, sincerely. I… I really appreciate this. You really are as diligent as your reputation. And resourceful. I just wish there were some way I can repay you for this."

>>663346
As you leave the campsite, and start looking around, you narrowly avoid another spiderweb only to step right on a nest of ants. They bite at your claw angrily, leaving painful red welts.

>>663343
>>663345
>>663346
>>663347
>>663348
"Safe travels! And watch out for Changelings!" Clean Slate calls as you leave him. He resumes his song, and his singing is audible for quite a while as you progress.

As he lay on the ground with the darkness around,
and the taste of his blood on his tongue,
His brothers knelt by him and prayed him a prayer,
and he smiled and he laughed as he sung,

"Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done,
the Rinishman's taken my life,
But what does it matter, for we all shall die,
and I've tasted the Rinishman's wife!"


You move along the mountain path slowly but surely, with the light from Abenad's burning sword guiding your way. Once or twice one of the reptilian creatures comes into view, but shrinks away and hisses fearfully at the sight of the flame. The night is relatively silent, apart from the scurrying of nameless creatures in the undergrowth out of sight and the haunting cry of a distant bird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukE9pGayRc

Eventually, you come to the realization you are on the right path now. The view of the land below looks very familiar to you. Suddenly, you hear a loud rustling in the bushes and the sound of running hoofsteps, followed by an eerie shrieking sound that quickly becomes a low, guttural growl. It is familiar to some of the party as the call of an owlbear.

 No.663352

>>663351
"Let's keep going at a steady pace," Abenad suggests at the cry, pulling out Nail in his right hand, "Running might give away our position, and for all we know it might just be a warning, or even someone pretending to make the call."

 No.663354

>>663352
>>663351

"Why would we be worried? If it is an owlbear, the party of us can take it on. If it is someone pretending to be an owlbear, the party can take it on. Either way, we are at the advantage."

Galehaut heads towards the bush, speaking loudly,

"Whoever is running from the owlbear, get behind the one with the shield and axe. I'll interpose myself between it and you."

 No.663356

>>663351
Continuing to say nothing, she lets Galehaut go first.

 No.663357

>>663351
Gloria lets out a mixed squawk of both surprise following up with pain thanks to the ants. After she finally gets them off, she can only grumble and apply one of her Healing Balms to soothe the pain, possibly help with the welts as well.

>Use 1 Curing Balm


Upon hearing the call, Gloria readies her blade while remaining close to the group.

>>663354
>>663352
"We should be cautious either way."

 No.663358

>>663352
>>663354
>>663356
>>663357
The hoofsteps and rustling grow louder and louder, and eventually a very panicked and grubby Kivoda thunders down the path. He's a complete mess, covered in dirt with cuts and scrapes all over his legs. His bag has been ripped violently by something. Instinctively, he dashes to the back of the party. He's about to say something, but before he can two enormous and very angry-looking owlbears burst out of the bushes. They rear up and shriek in warning as Kivoda tries his best to be invisible, breathing heavily as he peers over Galehaut's shoulder at the creatures.

 No.663359

>>663358
"Wow, so they were owlbears!" Abenad says, nodding in understanding, "Hey, Kivoda, sorry about that, we were teleported away. Been looking for you since then."

Abenad steps forward, waving his flaming sword at the Owlbears. "Get back, get back!" He says, raising his arms up and bringing his cape up to make himself appear larger.

 No.663360

>>663358
Gloria also joins in with Abenad, attempting to make herself look big and intimidating with her weapon.

>Intimidate

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.663361

>>663358
Galehaut holds his new shield proudly, his form larger due to his greataxe in one hoof and kiteshield in the other.

>Protect/Retaliate

Kivoda

 No.663362

>>663358
Tourmaline scoops herself under Kivoda to pick him up, then heads quickly down the path to a safer place to camp.

 No.663363

>>663362
>
>>663358
correction, protecting Gloria, Abenad

 No.663366

>>663359
>>663360
>>663361
The owlbears growl and snort at you, but eventually they back down, falling onto all fours and slowly backing away into the undergrowth. After a moment of silence, Kivoda exhales in relief. "I am so lucky to have found you," he breathes. "After you disappeared, I didn't know what to do, so I started going back the way we came and-"

>>663362
"Hey! What are you-" You hoist him up and look around, eventually finding a small, dry cave. There's little of interest in here, apart from a few skeletal corpses with rusted equipment. It should be able to host the whole party for the night. He struggles vainly as you hoist him over your shoulders in a fireman's carry.

You hear the faint rumbling of distant thunder. It will rain tonight, if not tomorrow.

 No.663367

>>663366
"You all may sleep. I shall take watch tonight. Tommorow morning we will head down the mountain, and investigate the ruins we had passed earlier."

Galehaut says once reaching the cave, sitting upright and looking at Kivodah.

 No.663369

>>663366
She sets him back down and begins to set up the tent, throwing her cloak over his face. "Oh, and I killed Dreamcoat by the way. So, you're welcome and good for me. How'd you end up cuddling with those animals, you two-bit harlot?"

 No.663370

>>663366
Gloria remains outside the cave, looking to Galehaut. "I'll go get some wood for a fire before the rain soaks it all. Could you help keep an eye out for kindle?" She asks, heading off to look for some wood near the cavern.

>Rolling in case needed

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.663371

>>663366
Abenad pets Kivoda on the head. "Good to find you, too," he says, "Now let's get in out of the rain. I hope those spies didn't kill those ex-Shells we left with them."

 No.663372

>>663367
"Right. There might be something of value there." Kivoda begins to help out with pitching tents and gathering stones to make a makeshift firepit.

>>663369
"You… You did? Well, that's good news," he answers as he helps you with the tent, wiping the dirt off his face with your cloak and putting it aside. "At least he's out of our hair now. Right? …Anyway, I think I must've lost the path at some point because I ended up stumbling into their territory and disturbing the nest. If I hadn't bumped into you I'd be owlbear food by now. So, thanks, I guess." It seems like he's about to say something else, but he stays quiet for now.

>>663370
Foraging around the area, you eventually find a large group of dry sticks. They will be useful as kindling.

>>663371
"Spies? What spies?" Kivoda looks confused.

Once he finishes helping around the campsite, Kivoda sits cross-legged and begins to write in his journal. "So," he asks, "where should we head next? Do any of you have a destination in mind? I think at least we should stop at the Dreaming Spring and report to Doom."

 No.663373

>>663372
"Yesss, we could report back to Doom," Abenad says, "And by spies I mean those fellows at the lighthouse we dropped our new friends off at. I hope they're treating them well, I'd hate for our tardiness to end in their deaths."

"Come tomorrow we should be able to find our way back. I think we could tie a rope to Gloria and have her fly overhead, leading us by the rope towards the lighthouse again."

 No.663376

>>663372
Gloria takes back her forage to the cave, setting up a campfire using one of her Fire Beads, only to begin preparing to make enough No-Bake Bags for everyone to enjoy at least something to eat.

"I agree, Kivoda. I'll also need to write a few letters to my fellow paladins as well…" She adds, thinking how she's going to explain this new situation of Immortal Souls to her order brothers.

 No.663377

>>663372
"Should we head to Bone Point after the clearing? I believe we thought there might be a monolith there, could make travel easier."

 No.663378

>>663377
Galehaut says, fiddling with his puzzlebox
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.663379

File: 1461995911248.jpg (376.47 KB, 1920x1080, julien-hauville-valley-con….jpg)

>>663373
Kivoda frowns. "I don't think Gloria would appreciate that. Besides, the road is easy enough to follow. Why would we need to do that?"

>>663376
The beads quickly make a merrily blazing campfire. As you hold out the No-Bakes to the flames, they swell and expand into full loaves of bread. They taste rather bland, but it's better than starving.

>>663377
"I think that would be for the best," he says, watching you unsuccessfully fiddle with the puzzle box. "I don't think there's a monolith there, but it would still be worthwhile to go back and maybe get some supplies from the rebels stationed there."

>pausing

 No.663847

File: 1462326916525.jpg (1.35 MB, 3840x2160, Dark-Forest-11.jpg)

Sheets etc.

 No.663848

File: 1462327051450.webm (970.26 KB, 854x480, MortalSouls.webm)


 No.663849

File: 1462327225404.jpg (288.52 KB, 1093x1499, FSS Book IX -07.jpg)


 No.663850

File: 1462327475150.png (242.81 KB, 398x306, 1455162475986.png)


 No.663851


 No.663852


 No.663853


 No.663854

File: 1462329247166.jpg (975.82 KB, 2560x1440, swamp_title.jpg)

>10 642, Myna's Day of Bravery. Late night.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party left the ruins where Dreamcoat was slain and continued to explore the mountain, eventually running into the traveling merchant Clean Slate. While bartering for some supplies and equipment, he told the party that he had seen worrying amounts of Changeling activity in the western reaches while traveling, and advised them to stay off the river road to avoid them. Leaving him and continuing on, they eventually were reunited with their companion Kivoda as he was pursued by a family of owlbears. Managing to fend off the angry creatures, they now camp in a small cave, debating where to go next on their journey…

>Tourmaline is at 10/5

>Maali is at 5/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Abenad is at 6/5
>Galehaut is at 7/7
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel
>2/5 Immortal Souls found

>Old thread: >>663325


>>663848
>>663849
>>663850
>>663851
>>663852
>>663853
Kivoda munches on a loaf of No-Bake bread as you all gather around the blazing campfire. "So, it's decided then? We're heading back to Bone Point tomorrow? I don't really fancy traveling in rough weather, but I'll weather it if I must. That doesn't mean I'm looking forward to it though." As if in response, you hear a faint but portentous rumble of distant thunder. "Maybe we should leave earlier than usual," he suggests, "so we can move faster before that storm hits. I have a feeling it's going to be a big one."

 No.663855

>>663854
"We'll weather the weather whatever the weather, whether we like it or not."

Galehaut muses, before adding,

"You all still need rest. Don't worry, I'll stand vigil throughout the night, we've had our fair share of danger for today."

 No.663856

>>663854
"It's already been a rough day for us, and we've been walking around searching for you for the past while. It would be better to sleep here tonight and wait for the storm to pass."

 No.663857

>>663854
"We have shelter now, if that storm hits and it's worse than we expect then we could get sick. Let's rest for the night for the storm to pass and make our way to Bone Point in the morning." Gloria states, eating her own loaf of No-Bake bread.

 No.663858

>>663854
>gimme that mountain spring style

After sitting there impatiently, tapping her hooves, Tourmaline tilts her head. "That's kind of a light fanfare for me rescuing you twice and keeping you from further harm by the one who was threatening to harm you as leverage," she says to Kivoda.

[1d10] guilt tripping him

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.663859

>>663854
''It's alright Kivoda, I don't enjoy traveling in the rain either'' He rolls his eyes, sitting in front of the fire for warmth ''And please don't joke about how it would 'water my antlers'… It doe not work that way''
>>663855
>>663856
''Yes I like that idea. It has been a while since we had a night to rest. The soothing rain will help us relax after that whole ordeal…We did a lot this day and we deserve to rest…''
>>663858
''Miss Tourmaline…Um…It has been a while since you read for me before bed…Could we?''

 No.663860

>>663855
more puzzle box [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.663861

>>663854

Timber remains silent.

 No.663862

>>663860
With some patience and no small amount of dexterity, you manage to loosen another rod with a soft click. Only one more to go now.

>>663858
"W-well, I'm not ungrateful by any means. I owe you my life, after all. It's just that, well, there's no way for me to repay the debt. If there's anything I can do for you, though, please tell me. I'll do what I can."

>>663855
>>663856
>>663857
"Right. Let's just hope it's not still raining by morning."

>>663859
"I don't think it'll be soothing at all," he adds ominously. "We're in for a bad time, I feel."

 No.663863

>>663862
>timeskip
The rest of the night passes by without incident. Galehaut, ever vigilant, stays awake during the night, listening to the mournful, pervasive call of the whip-poor-wills and the rustling of unseen beings in the surrounding undergrowth. At one point, he hears the howl of a wolf in the distance, quickly joined by the rest of its pack. Despite the wolves sounding quite far off, for the rest of the night there is a thick, unpleasant copper smell in the air, like blood.
You leave the cave come daybreak, packing up the campsite quickly to cover as much ground as possible before the storm comes, taking the road as the dawn chorus begins. You manage to leave the mountain behind you by the time it does, and when it does it comes as a squall. The large, heavy raindrops are almost painful as they fall, leaving you drenched down to the bone. The thunderclaps are deafening, and on more than a few occasions hail begins to shower down, making the walk even more uncomfortable. Between the heavy rain and the thick grey clouds, it is difficult to see without a light source as you trudge along the road leading back to the Bone Point lighthouse. It is difficult to find shelter that night due to the usually barren landscape, but you manage to hole up in a long-abandoned house that has thankfully not collapsed to time like the rest of the hamlet it lies in. This night passes with little to report also. There are not even any blanks present in this place, and the worst you have to endure is the rain dripping through the cracks in the ceiling.
The next day, the weather shows some mercy and stops beating you over the head with hail and thunder; however, it does not stop raining as you continue onwards on the muddy coastal road. The journey is long, miserable and tiring, but eventually you reach the marble lighthouse of Bone Point again. You have a feeling something's wrong here. There is an uneasy atmosphere in the air. There is no sentry at the top of the lighthouse to spot you, and the caravan the Shell deserters were using is gone. In the distance, you see the sea illuminated by distant lightning, and an ominous rumble tells you there's yet another storm on its way.
>roll Perception with the exception of Galehaut due to Supreme Survivor

 No.663864

>>663863
>correction
You manage to leave the mountain behind you by the time the rain comes*

 No.663865

>>663863
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.663866

>>663863
Puzzle boxes for Galehaut's vigil each night.

[1d10] first day
[1d10] second day

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.663867

>>663863
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.663868

>>663863
Gloria looks onwards, already tired from having to walk through hail, thunder and rain for the past few days.

>Perception

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.663869

>>663863

Timber looks around with quiet suspicion at the lack of any sign of inhabitants. [1d10] to see anyone or anything around

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.663870

>>663863
'1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.663871

doodly doo

 No.663872

>>663866
You almost manage to loosen the final rod, but while trying to do so on the second night you accidentally push it back in.

>>663869
You can't seem to find anything in the immediate area.

>>663865
>>663866
>>663867
>>663868
>>663870
As you look around the area, you come to the edge of the seaside cliff. Looking down, you can see a large black ship with sails depicting gnashing teeth anchored off the shore. There's changelings in the area for sure. There seems to be a black cloud hovering above it.
Suddenly, the door of the lighthouse bursts open with a bang. Chaos erupts as a very large group of changelings in black segmented armor rush out in a deafening buzz, shouting war cries and swinging at you with weapons made of the same material as Galehaut's axe. They outnumber you at least 2 to 1 if not more.
[2d10] vs Abenad
[2d10] vs Galehaut
[2d10] vs Gloria
[2d10] vs Maali
[2d10] vs Timber Hoof
[2d10] vs Tourmaline

Roll #1 6, 6 = 12 / Roll #2 10, 4 = 14 / Roll #3 7, 9 = 16 / Roll #4 2, 4 = 6 / Roll #5 5, 8 = 13 / Roll #6 1, 6 = 7

 No.663873

>>663872
She attacks the first one attacking her.

[1d10+3] Slam

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.663874

Gloria unsheathes her Ashbringer, the blade now lit with blazing holy fire.

>Empower Weapon: Ashbringer

>Blast
[1d10+3]

Roll #1 6 + 3 = 9

 No.663876

>>663872
''They're changelings! everyone stay together, don't let them confuse us!''
He turns back to the bugs, taking a step closer to his friends, engaging the standard heal process
>nature elemental, Gloria, Galehaut

 No.663877

>>663872
Abenad's back hair bristles with anger as he quickly puts 2 and 2 together, pulling the hammer out and swinging it in a wide arc.
[1d10+1] CusJo/Talent normal attack

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.663878

>>663872

"Pirates and changelings," Timber states simply. "Two things that I am very okay with killing."

Timber doesn't waste time trying to reason with them. Moss and algae grow from him, causing his apparent size to increase. Moss covered earth appears on his hoof.

>Decay: you burst into rot and fungus, multiplying your physical attack damage by 1.5 rounded up and gaining +1 to intimidation


>Earthen Strike: recharge 1, spell; a melee attack against a single enemy using an earth-covered limb, crits on 8+ and crit fails on 3-

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.663879

>>663878

+1 from natural environment

 No.663880

>>663877
@ the two attacking me

 No.663881

>>663877
* CusJob/Talent Trick Ammo Split @ the two attacking him

 No.663882

>>663872
"Back, foul insects! You face Galehaut, and the might of the All in One!"

Galehaut produces Dusk, guarding all his companions. (sans Kivoda he can die)

>Protect: Abenad Gloria Maali Timber Tourmaline (5 wounds total)

>Retaliate

 No.663886

>>663873
You dodge its attack and counter it with a powerful downward swing of your axe, cleaving its skull in twain. The other changeling, however, manages to painfully stab you in the shoulderblade, drawing blood.
>Tourmaline takes 2 hits

>>663874
The changelings attacking you manage to stab you in the chest. Trying to stay focused and keep your head on your shoulders, you swing at the first changeling that attacked you, slicing it across the torso. It cries out in pain as it falls to the ground, bleeding dark green. As you do so, however, your head feels light and you collapse also, weakened from blood loss.
>Gloria takes 6 hits, helpless

>>663876
Relying on your friends to protect you, you begin to channel your healing magic into them. As two changelings beset you, you manage to dodge their attacks and counter with swift kicks, sending them toppling backwards into the rapidly growing crowd.
>Gloria is at 0/5
>Galehaut is at 9/7

>>663877
You get bashed in the legs by the advancing duo's maces, but you stand your ground and swing your polearm in a wide arc, knocking them backwards.
>Abenad takes 2 hits

>>663878
As you begin to tap into your natural powers, one changeling runs up to you and tries to stab you. The attack bounces right off your stone armor. The other is luckier, and jabs its spear between your armor plates.
>Timber takes 3 hits

>>663882
You stand firm in front of your companions, raising your ancient shield to counter the incoming onslaught. You block the swing of one changeling and bash it in the face with your shield, but another one creeps up on you and stabs you in the back.
>Galehaut takes 5 hits

As one changeling falls, another takes its place. They continue their assault on the party relentlessly.
[2d10]
[2d10]
[2d10]
[2d10]
[2d10]
All vs Galehaut due to Protect

Another pair of changelings run up to Gloria as she falls, trying to drag her away.
[2d10] Grapple, no damage dealt

Roll #1 9, 7 = 16 / Roll #2 7, 6 = 13 / Roll #3 5, 2 = 7 / Roll #4 4, 1 = 5 / Roll #5 5, 8 = 13 / Roll #6 3, 3 = 6

 No.663888

>>663886
She stabs the ones trying to steal Gloria.

[1d10+2] cleave

>Gaining 1 Hit due to MSS


Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.663889

>>663886
>turn 1 of Rot Elemental

NOW Timber punches one with a moss covered stony hoof.

>Earthen Strike

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.663891

>>663886
Abenad steps back, winding back the hammer and spinning around with it, hitting everything in his range.
[5d10+1] Barrage

Roll #1 3, 3, 4, 8, 8 + 1 = 27

 No.663892

>>663886
>correction: Galehaut takes 17 hits, not helpless but at 0/3
>Gloria isn't helpless either

 No.663893

>>663886
Thanks to Galehaut giving her an advantage, Gloria continues her assault on ones attempting to grapple her.

>Leap of Faith

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.663894

>>663886
Rushing to Galehaut's side, the armored deer stands back in awe as the donkey singlehandely holds back the bugs
He wastes no more time and heals him even further
'1d10' natural remedy

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.663897

File: 1462335305595.jpg (157.19 KB, 747x600, Raggy.jpg)

>>663886
Galehaut swipes his axes into three changelings chosen at random.

"Die, insects!"

[1d10] Cleave 3, Critfail:2, Crit:9

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.663898

>>663888
2 damage (2 hits total)
>>663890
1 (3 total)
>>663891
3 (6 total)
>>663897
1 (7 total)

Counterattack damage this round

 No.663899

>>663898
correction, 6. Calculated a post that didn't happen

 No.663902

As the battle goes on, the dark cloud over the changeling ship begins to grow larger and larger.

>>663888
You swing your axe powerfully, but the changelings fly out of your reach at the last moment.

>>663889
You uppercut the changeling with a powerful strike, sending it flying a few feet before falling unconscious.

>>663891
All the changelings duck for cover as you momentarily become a tornado. You miss.

>>663894
You keep healing your allies, channeling extra healing magic into Galehaut.
>Galehaut is at 9/7
>Tourmaline is at 10/6

>>663893
You cut one of the changelings in half with one swing.

>>663897
You miss your swing as the changelings nimbly dodge your attack.

>>663898
>Retaliate
You begin to see red. With a ferocious battle cry, you charge into the swarm of changelings surrounding you, hacking into them left and right. In your rampage, you leave at least a dozen dead and countless more injured. Suddenly, you begin to feel faint. In your blinding berserker attack, you sustained grievous injuries. Your head feels light, and you collapse in a pool of both your own blood and theirs.
>Galehaut is at 0/1

A flash of lightning heralds a newfound downpour of rain, and with it come reinforcements from the ship off shore. More and more changelings begin to surround you, and soon you are facing not just a gang but a veritable army. They surround you all in a circle, outnumbering you by vast magnitudes. There is a moment of silence, then you hear a sharp whistle. On command, the changelings part, and a figure you do not recognize approaches you.
The changeling captain looks just like all the others, albeit taller. In addition to the armor the others wear, he has a dark green hooded cloak draped over himself. The ragged design reminds you of seaweed. He stands tall, with one hoof placed on his sword hilt. You can see another scabbard on his other hip. The rain patters down over his shoulders as he faces the whole party, standing over Galehaut.
"You have guts," the captain says to Galehaut with a smirk. "I respect that." He looks back up at the party. "What now, adventurers?" he taunts. "Are you going to keep fighting? Don't throw your lives away. Surrender now, and we may yet show you mercy."
He nods at a group of nearby changelings, and they quickly move to grab Galehaut, restraining him with clammy black hooves.
>Galehaut is recovered, now at 9/1
>combat over

 No.663907

>>663902
Abenad claps for Galehaut, but grimaces at the appearance of the Changeling captain.
"What happened to the ponies and such that were already here?" He asks, breathing heavily.

 No.663908

>>663902
The flames around Ashbringer's blade finally fades away, although Gloria still stands defensively. "What have you done with the others that were here?" She questions.

 No.663909

>>663902

"You must have a reason to be showing 'mercy' on us," Timber responds, his body still budding moss and algae, it being released in a cloud around him. "I'm not adverse to ending this peacefully, but I don't expect that you will let us go for nothing."

"So, I have to ask: are you from around here? You tell us not to throw our lives away. But, I'm not sure if you are aware: we can't. We'll just come back. Yes, it may affect us mentally, but that's not something you're interested in. You're interested in something physical, something you can take. So, no matter how much our minds go, you'll keep trying to take. And, that whole time, you'll keep losing crew members. Even if you are cursed as well, a have to imagine that mindless minions that are apt to attack each other are not so useful in an enclosed space like a ship."

"So, you should ask yourself: how much inconvenience could anything we have possibly be worth? I assure you, we are quite an inconvenience."

[1d10+1] to intimidation into slightly better negotiations

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.663910

>>663902
Galehaut coughs blood,

"T..tell your soldiers…"

he says between short, jagged breaths,

"a dozen soldiers t-to one is horrendous. Where's the discipline."

He falls limp in the changelings' grasp, speaking no further.

 No.663911

>>663910

"Well, it was a dozen to six," Timber corrects the unconcious Galehaut. "You just got in the way of them all."

 No.663912

>>663902
Tourmaline chills out, regaining another hit and passively acknowledging their extremely sudden capture.

 No.663913

>>663902
Maali shrinks a bit at the sheer amount of changelings aoround the group. He keeps his eyes locked on the captain as he speaks up ''What do you want with us, Changeling?''
>>663910
''please save your breath mister Galehaut…'' He mutters, healing magic finally dissipating

 No.663917

>>663907
>>663908
"…They're our guests," he replies after a moment. "Some of them, anyway. They resisted when we first came, and some of them are dead. Well, most of them, really. It's their own fault. If they had complied, they would be alive now. Don't make the same mistake they did." He grins widely, showing all his crooked teeth.

>>663909
He chuckles, taking a step backward as he does so and waving away the spore clouds. "You're a talker, aren't you?" he replies. "And I wager you've got brains. So, what makes you think we're letting you go free? If we kill you, it'll make it that much easier to take you away. We've dealt with worse inconveniences than you, I promise that much."

>>663909
>>663913
"We're not interested in you, really," he says. "You're just meat to us. We're taking you down the coast to the Shells. You and your friends. Whether that's in chains or in separate pieces doesn't really matter to us. We'll be keeping your valuables too, of course. You won't be needing them where you're going."

>>663912
"Have you got nothing to say?" He smirks and strokes you on the cheek. "That's wise. You don't want to say the wrong thing." Behind you, Kivoda seethes as he sees the captain, only to be captured and restrained like Galehaut.

>>663910
"Horrendous?" He looks amused. "Yes. Yes it is. I'm sure a brave donkey like you could handle those odds, though. If nothing else it would be an amusement."

"So, what will it be, heroes?" he says with no small amount of swagger in his step. "We can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way. Lay down your arms and nobody has to get hurt."

 No.663918

>>663917
Maali stays put, glancing at the others. After all he didn't have any weapons to lay down
''…Where?''

 No.663919

>>663917
"You would have us come with you?" He asked, standing up straight and dusting himself off, "That sounds reasonable to me. After all, we're looking for a sea vessel."

 No.663921

>>663917
>Last turn of Decay Elemental

"Well," Timber laughs. "In that case, allow me to convenience you."

Timber's hoof becomes stone again. He punches the captain.

>Earthen Strike on captain

>1.5x damage because Decay Elemental

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.663922

>>663917
Galehaut quickly tugs against his captor's grasps, grabbing for the summoner's shard in his pack.

>Protect: Gloria

[1d10] Break free and use summoner's shard

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.663923

>>663917
"I can not surrender my weapon… But I shall stay my blade." She says, sheathing her blade once more. "If you try harming any one of my friends however, I will retaliate." She warns the captain, showing no fear for him.

 No.663925

>>663917
She remains A E S T H E T I C.

 No.663928

>>663918
"Geldra, down east," he replies. "Or we might go upstream and deliver you to the Tower. It depends on what I feel like doing."

>>663919
"Good man. You may look like a freak but at least you're reasonable. …Come to think of it, horns like those would fetch a pretty price on the black market…"

>>663921
He sidesteps you like it's nothing. Stumbling from the swing, you are quickly grabbed and restrained by more changelings. "So feisty!" he laughs. "I thought you had brains, my friend."

>>663922
You struggle vainly against your captors, and get a smack in the head for your efforts.

>>663923
"Of course you will." As you sheathe your blade, you feel several changelings restrain you.

"Alright, I've run out of patience. Let's move out!" He whistles again and takes to the air. You are all grabbed and shunted along with them as the swarm begins to move out.
>last chance for rolling to break free and escape

 No.663929

>>663928
[1d10] escape and use Summoning Shard (If i'm not taking hits, i won't be helpless when Protect ends)

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.663930

File: 1462341093864.webm (402.25 KB, 640x360, YouDidIt.webm)


 No.663931

>>663928

"I'm sorry, didn't you just say it would be more convenient if I died? Then kill me," Timber responds calmly.

Timber attacks the changelings restraining him. [1d10+2] for punch to a changeling face

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.663932

>>663928
Abenad walks towards the ship upright and straight-backed. "Please, disregard the struggles of my friends," he says, "They're used to being treated well."

 No.663934

>>663931
>turn 1 of elemental recharge

 No.663935

>>663928
She makes sure she gets a spot next to Abenad on the party boat.

 No.663937

>>663928
Gloria simply glares at him, while the restrains don't bother her she still worries for the others.

 No.663939

File: 1462342981789.jpg (5.64 MB, 4288x2848, 1449294441012.jpg)

>>663931
You struggle to free yourself from your captors, but to no avail.

>>663929
With one last push, you manage to tear away from the changelings and rummage through your inventory for a moment. Before they can recapture you, you use the misshapen red crystal, crushing it in your hoof. There is a flash of red light, and your head spins as you are whisked away to parts unknown.
Suddenly, you find yourself lying spreadeagle on a rocky floor. It is not raining in this part of Rin, thankfully. You cannot tell where you are right now, but you seem to be at the bottom of a ravine somewhere. Looking down at yourself, you can see that you are completely seethrough, and glowing red.
From nearby, you can hear the sound of a pick striking stone, as well as cheerful humming.

>>663931
>>663932
>>663935
>>663937
There is a commotion as Galehaut breaks free, but the captain barks for them to stop. "It doesn't matter. Let him run to his bastard king, to tell him what has happened here. We are the storm, men. The first storm and the last."
You are suddenly hoisted into the air by the swarm. Your stomach drops as you are carried off the cliff and over the water, moving slowly towards the changeling ship. You feel like you could slip at any moment to meet a watery grave. The changelings are eerily silent as they carry you. After some time, you reach the ship as it rocks back and forth in the choppy water, which you soon find is named the Silence. It is much larger than it looked from afar, a great black galleon with several levels of decks to host the small army of reavers.
You have little time to admire the view, however, as you are pushed down the stairs below the decks and into the brig. All your weapons and valuables are confiscated. Gloria's Ashbringer causes quite a commotion as several changelings try to grab it only to burn themselves. In the end, it is handled by a changeling wearing extremely thick padded gloves. Abenad is pushed around and processed for the longest time, seeing as he carries so many weapons. When this is finished, you are roughly shoved into holding cells. "We'll come back for you later," the jailer says with a sneer as he pushes you each into a cell in turn.
It is miserable down here, the cracked lantern barely giving any light to the dank, cramped little cells. You can see that you are not the only prisoners here. Across from where you are held are Rafford the Shell deserter, the zebra that led the rebels at Bone Point and what appears to be a Disciple of Order judging from the robe. There are four or five other captives, but you do not recognize any of them. "What did we get ourselves into," Kivoda sighs as he slumps against the wooden wall. You feel sick already from the constant rocking of the changeling ship.
>pausing

 No.665201

File: 1463536033287.jpg (450.99 KB, 1000x750, 1449249218893.jpg)

Post sheets.

 No.665202


 No.665203


 No.665204

File: 1463536222284.jpg (33.29 KB, 600x600, punished_snake.jpg)


 No.665205

File: 1463536261244.jpg (205.75 KB, 1280x1067, 11155516_p0.jpg)


 No.665206

File: 1463536335773.jpg (286.29 KB, 848x873, 1463453980410.jpg)


 No.665207

>>665206
Get in the chat you homo.

 No.665208


 No.665209

>10 642, Ytarr's Day of Abandon. Afternoon.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party continued on their quest for the Immortal Souls, returning under days of heavy rain to the Bone Point lighthouse. When they arrived there, however, they found their allies gone, replaced by marauding Changelings from across the sea. While they fought against the ever increasing group, they eventually found themselves surrounded and captured by the pirates. All of the group were taken prisoner on board the changeling galleon called the Silence bound for the port of Geldra; all except Galehaut, who managed to escape using one of his Summoner's Shards. While he finds himself at the bottom of a stone ravine in phantom form, the rest of the brave companions are left to ponder their precarious predicament…

>Tourmaline is at 8/6

>Maali is at 5/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Abenad is at 6/5
>Galehaut is at 9/7
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel
>2/5 Immortal Souls found

>Old thread: >>663854


1/2

 No.665210

>>665209
2/2

>>665202
>>665203
>>665205
>>665206
>>665208
You find yourselves locked away in dark, grimy cells on the lowest level of the Silence. It rocks to and fro incessantly, making you feel sick to your stomach. The only light comes from either the damp oil lanterns hanging from their hooks around the brig or from the occasional flash of lightning from the still ongoing storm outside, barely visible through tiny portholes. You have been provided with little more than a trough of stagnant water in each cell, as well as stale, moldy bread on grubby plates. There is also a wooden bucket in each cell. There don't appear to be any guards in the immediate vicinity. From above on the ship's deck, you can hear what sounds like the pirates chanting. You cannot make out what they are saying, but it seems to be a ceremony of some sort.
Gloria and Maali are in a shared cell, as are Abenad and Kivoda. Tourmaline is kept in the cell adjacent to this, and Timber is in a cell of his own due to his prodigious size. Across from your own cells, you can see the Diamond Dog Rafford and the zebra who was in charge of the Bone Point rebels, both kept in the same cell. In her own isolated cell is an aquamarine crystal pony with a braided mane. She is a Disciple of Order, judging from her roughspun robe and the chains draped across her shoulders. Abenad recognizes her as having been among the rebels at Bone Point. There are about four or five others in further cells, but you cannot make them most of them out properly from where you are. Strangely enough, you can see that one is a changeling. He looks different to the rest of the crew.
"A fine mess we've got ourselves into," Kivoda groans in dismay, staring down at the wooden flooring. He looks queasy. "I hoped I'd never have to step on a ship again."
"They got you lot too, did they?" says the zebra, with defeat in his voice. "If you have any bright ideas as to how to get out of this mess, I'd be glad to hear it. If only one of you were a unicorn."
"Where's your friend? The donkey knight with the shield," Rafford chimes in. "Did they kill him?"
The Disciple remains silent, eyeing you curiously.

>>665204
You look around the area. Great rocky walls covered in vines rise on either side of you. It is almost impossible to see the top of the ravine. The ground is made of jagged grey stone and dirt, with small tufts of grass poking out here and there. From the direction of a rocky overhang, you can hear the steady rhythmic tapping of metal on stone.

 No.665211

>>665210

Timber eats the bread and drinks the water given to him. He'll need his strength for what's coming next.

Once he is finished, he stands and says, "Well, that's enough sitting around."

His body gets thicker and turns to stone.

>Stone Elemental

 No.665212

>>665210
Abenad pulls his shirt off, balling it up and using it as a pillow as he lies down on the ground. "If only one of us were a unicorn, sure. Too bad there isn't any plantlife on board, either."
>>665211
"Hey now, be careful," Abenad warns as he sees Timber transforming, "You could break through the bottom and sink to the ocean floor while the rest of us have to go down with the ship."

 No.665213

>>665210
Galehaut doffs his tabard and stuffs it in his pack, leaving his plate armor in display and hiding his identity a bit more. He trots forward slowly, cleaver resting on his foreshoulder and shield in his other hoof. He doesn't speak, heading towards the rocky overhang.

[1d10] stealth if needed

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.665214

>>665210
''He escaped…'' Speaks up the deer, curled up in a corner of the cell ''At least he did…Maybe he will be able to carry on with our quest alone…''
He raises his head, looking at the other prisioners in the cells ''What is going to happen to us now?''
>>665211
''Mister Timber stop! That will only get you killed!''

 No.665215

>>665210
Tourmaline reaches out to Kivoda to tickle his ribs. [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.665216

>>665214
>>665212

"I was promised a death," Timber replies flatly.

 No.665217

>>665216
''You will just return…And it might even be in this ship…in this same cell…Did you forget what this curse does to us?''

 No.665218

>>665217

"I didn't say it would help. But, it certainly won't help them either."

 No.665219

>>665210
Gloria sits in the cell, still feeling uneasy without her blade by her side. "They better have not done anything with my blade." She mumbles to herself.

>>665214
"I'm not going to let these pirates trade away my sword like it's a trinket. Once we get out of here I'm going to find my Ashbringer."

 No.665220

>>665218
''I don't understand…'' He lays his head back down
''But it does not matter…Do what you want but please be careful''
>>665219
''I hope it does not take long…I can't stand being in this cursed boat…I can't feel the land, I can't hear them anymore…It is so quiet in here It is driving me mad''

 No.665221

>>665220

"I will not."

 No.665222

>>665220
Gloria moves from where she's sitting to go over and give the deer a pat on the back. "Be strong, Maali. I think we would all like to be back on land…"

>>665221
"Timber, help me get out of here too. I'll use my own damn claws if I have to in order to get my sword back."

 No.665223

>>665222

"I'll let out anyone who wants to help cause trouble," Timber says graciously.

 No.665224

>>665222
>>665223
''Well…If you two are going I could not leave you behind…'' He gets up, taking a deep breath
''I wont be the most useful without my necklace though…But at least I can still…''
He holds his breath and tries to squeeze between the bars of his cell
'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665225

File: 1463538893511.jpg (138.52 KB, 613x460, HinghamStuckDeer040714.jpg)

>>665224
''Nope…Nevermind, I can't''

 No.665226


 No.665227

>>665213
You try to pull off your tabard, but it gets snagged in between some of your armor plates and instead you tear it slightly.
You move in the direction of the tapping sound. You note that you make little sound when moving in this state; however, your heavy armor clanks loudly as you walk, and your snagged tabard flaps in the breeze. After a mment, you come across a middle aged earth pony digging into the side of the ravine with a pickaxe. Nearby is a backpack full of supplies as well as a battered old helmet with a chain veil. The pony himself is a burly sort, wearing a black and white robe over a dark brown coat of plates. You know the uniform well; it is the same uniform the Alorian soldiers wore during the One Day War. As you approach, he hears you and turns around, putting down his pickaxe. He has a kindly face lined by age, with bright blue eyes. You see he is wearing an amulet with the emblem of the ten-headed serpent of Rin. A longsword is sheathed at his side.
The pony's expression turns to one of surprise when he sees you, breathing in sharply in surprise. There is a moment of silence as the two of you exchange a look. He sees your tabard and nods in recognition, straightening up a little. He puts one hoof on the hilt of his sword. "You were at Ortague, weren't you?" he says after a moment. "I know that armor."

>>665211
You begin to transform, your body getting covered in thick stony plates. "You can break out all you wish," says the zebra dryly, unimpressed with your display. "They're just going to subdue you anyway. Then they'll probably spoon your eyes out. I saw them do it already. Even if you do manage to escape, where will you go? We're out at sea."

>>665212
"Why plant supplies?" Rafford asks. "I mean, I'm sure there's algae or something on the hull, but I don't see how that would help."

>>665214
"Maybe he has a plan," the zebra suggests. "As for what's next, I'm not sure. I'm assuming we'll be questioned, and if we don't answer correctly they'll probably take bits of us. I heard them say they were taking us to the Shell base at Geldra, so that should be fun."

>>665215
The bars are too small to be able to reach through, but he seems to appreciate the gesture anyway.

>>665219
"Oh, you can kiss it goodbye," the zebra says in a maudlin tone. "After we're dropped off at Geldra, it'll probably end up in the paws of some Lordless scum."

>>665224
You strain to push through the bars, but instead you merely get stuck in between them. It reminds you of a story you were once told about a hungry bear.

Your conversation is interrupted by the arrival of the changeling captain, flanked by two changelings wielding poleaxes. He stands straight and tall despite the incessant rocking of the ship, his seaweed-like cloak draped over his shoulders. "What's all this commotion, then?" he says, smirking as he sees Maali stuck. "You really want to get out so badly? If you're that desperate, we might just let you swim ashore."
"Now, I'm curious to know what a couple of Doom supporters were doing on the Venn road. Why were you on the mountain? Try to deceive me or do anything funny, and you'll lose a piece of you."

 No.665228

>>665227
"N-no please I can't swim!" he tries to pull himself back to the cell"
"We were there on a mission, for Doom, like any other soldier"

 No.665229

>>665227

"I wonder where our bodies would reappear right now if they were burned away to nothing," Timber responds to the zebra before the captain enters the room.

When the captain does enter, Timber says to him flatly, "You didn't kill me."

He punches the wooden(?) wall of the cell where the door meets the wall. The door isn't useful if it's not attached to a wall. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.665230

>>665227
"Maali the Bar-stuck over there is a plant wizard, so if there were any plants on board he'd be able to use them to some degree."

In response to the captain, Abenad grins and tells the truth. "We were in a fight with a wizard over who got to slay a giant snake."

 No.665231

>>665227
She remains quiet.

 No.665232

>>665227
Galehaut nods, pointing his cleaver to his longsword.

"Draw."

He waits until his adversary does so.

 No.665233

>>665227
She brushes off the zebra's comment, instead putting her attention onto the captain. "Tell me what you did with my weapon." Gloria demands from the captain.

 No.665234

>>665228
>>665230
"Really now? And what would prompt such an act? What was so important about these individuals that you went and slew them?"

>>665229
You slam your hoof into the wall. It buckles and splinters from the blow, but does not yield. "We've got a lively one here!" one of the guards says, amused.
"Stop that," says the captain, a slight frown on his face. "There'd be no sense in killing you, but if you keep going the way you are, you won't enjoy what happens next. You can rage all you want, but it's you against my entire crew. We'll hold you down, pluck out your eyes and fill the sockets with rocksalt. Then you'll be thrown over the edge. Blind, burning, and drowning for eternity. So, which will it be?" He pulls out a large hunting knife from his cloak. The two guards accompanying him move to his side, raising their poleaxes.

>>665231
"Did one of my boys cut out your tongue or something? Speak when you're spoken, or I'll make sure you never speak again."
"You'll do no such thing!" Kivoda shouts defiantly. The captain looks taken aback for a moment, then just laughs. "Why so defensive? If your friend here's got any brains, she'll make the right choice."

>>665233
"I ask the questions here, not you," he retorts sharply. "You're not exactly in a position to make demands. Although I don't suppose there's any harm in telling you it's locked away safely with the rest of your little group's belongings."

>>665232
As you speak, no words come out of your mouth that you can hear. The pony looks at you, and he seems to understand what you are saying regardless. "We… We had a choice," he says slowly. "Run out King Endon, or sit idly by and watch the land crumble. We fought. We won. And now the land has crumbled regardless, else we would not be here now." He moves over to pick up his helmet. "If I could do it all over, knowing where I would end up, I pray I would make the right choice again. As for you… I wish you good fortune in the wars to come."
He dons his helmet and unsheaths his sword, falling into a defensive stance. The blade glints in the sun, alive with light.
"And now it begins."

 No.665235

>>665234
"We're on a journey to life the undead curse," Abenad tells him simply, "The wizard was the one who started it in the first place, and the snake was part of the curse's, hmm, stability. It's mostly beyond my ken, really, I'm no mage."

 No.665236

>>665234

"Eternity?" Timber responds sarcastically. "The ocean I'd be drowning in wouldn't even last that long."

Timber punches the wall again. [1d10+2]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.665237

>>665234
"The wizard… He was the one that started the curse on this land and was trying to finish it… He wanted to turn every being in Rin imortal, and for that he needed the soul of the Witch…"
He looks away "We… Killed them both and got rid of their souls…"

 No.665238

>>665234
"Yes, what he said," she points at Abenad. "You've got the summarized version several times now."

 No.665239

>>665234
Galehaut raises his cleaver to the sky, before pointing it to his amulet,

"The All-in-One was the patron of Ortague, and you blaspheme it's image. I shall let you know the venom of revenge that drips from it's fangs."

Galehaut says without audio, speaking only to himself. He goes for a false strike, fainting to place his hoof on the amulet and imbue his foe with a holy curse from the All-in-One itself.

>Protect: Alorian Soldier

>Casting Retaliate

 No.665240

>>665234
"You are threatening the safety of my friends, taking the weapon I have sworn to guard with my life and stopping me from fulfilling my duty in Rin. I will show you no mercy when I retrieve my blade again." She threatens, giving the captain a glare.

>Intimidation.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.665241

>>665239
Inner Light dodges out of the way of your false swing, coming in with a counter attack.
[1d10]

>>665235
>>665237
>>665238
"They might be looking for the Immortan Souls that that one Shell agent mentioned, captain," one of the guards chimes in. "Which would also mean they're high value targets for them."
The captain grins. "I see how it is now. It's all falling into place. See how easy things are when we all work together?"

>>665236
The wall does not give way. "Is this a joke?" the captain snaps, starting to lose his cool. "Are you braindead? Do you really want to suffer?"

>>665240
"I'm sure you won't," he replies, not showing any hints of intimidation.

"We're going to be rich, lads!" the captain barks suddenly, straightening up. "As soon as this weather eases up it's full throttle to Geldra for us. Now…" he turns to the party again. "We're not done yet. More questions. Where is Doom? How many forts does he have? How many in his service? How many are wounded? What is their plan? Tell me everything you know."

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665242

>>665239
*feinting
>>665241
>4 hits to Galehaut

Galehaut strike back with full force
[1d10] Crit DC-1

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665243

>>665242
*3, now 6 with my fail

 No.665244

>>665241
"Well to be honest everything looks the same to me," Abenad says, scratching his head, "I can't remember where it was, we always magically teleported there."

"But why wouldn't you want the Rinnese to be free? Aren't you dependent on them?"

 No.665245

>>665241
>last turn of stone elemental

"If you see a path that does not lead to me suffering, by all means, show it to me. Either I die infinitely here or I die infinitely in a Shell prison. If you have something else in mind, I'd be amenable. But, you clearly aren't."

[1d10+2] wall punch

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.665246

>>665241
He groans
"Well what do you want with the shells then? Are you allies With them?"

 No.665247

>>665242
You block his attack with Dusk, swinging into his foreleg with the axe and splintering some of the chainmail under the robe. He is merely stunned from the attack, and remains uninjured.
He lunges at you again.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.665248

>>665241
Gloria looks around on the captain's person to see if he might have the keys on him, possibly see if there's an opening to swipe them from him.

>Perception: Spot for keys

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.665249

>>665247
Galehaut strikes once more, bringing the battleaxe from the ground to an upwards swing, putting his full weight into it.

[1d10] CritDC-1

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.665250

>>665247
7 hits
>>665249
9 hits

 No.665251

>>665241
She waits and does nothing.

 No.665252

>>665244
>>665246
"I'm asking the questions here," he says coldly.

>>665248
You look the changeling captain up and down. He notices you staring and ogles you right back, grinning seedily and flashing his eyebrows.

>>665245
You break down the wall and bust out with one final push as the stone plating on you disintegrates. The three of them turn to face you, the captain's smug face turned to a scowl. "The hard way it is then." He unsheathes both his swords and stabs at you, while the other two swing their poleaxes.
[2d10] Captain
[2d10] Guards, crit on 9+

The rest of you notice that Timber's attack loosened the framing holding the cells together. With enough impact, you could ram your cell doors down now. Maali, however, is still stuck.

Roll #1 3, 8 = 11 / Roll #2 4, 9 = 13

 No.665253

>>665249
You manage to wound him in the spot where you weakened his armor, drawing some blood. He grunts from the impact and swings his blade again.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.665254

>>665252
Abenad kicks at his door.
[1d10] Strong bonus?

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665255

>>665252
>recharge turn 1

Timber leaps over/around everyone.

If he gets past them, he runs toward one of the oil lanterns hanging from the wall. He grabs it tosses it against the wall. Even if the wood is soggy, oil will burn it.

[1d10] this roll is mostly for the jumping past part, I assume I have the dexterity to pick up something and then throw it at a wall

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.665256

>>665252
He wiggles, trying to unstuck himself
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.665257

>>665252
She smashes the door. [1d10+3] Slam

Roll #1 5 + 3 = 8

 No.665258

>>665252
>>665256
Gloria attempts to help get the deer unstuck.

>Free deer

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.665259

>>665253
Galehaut swings once more, then praying for the venom of the All-in-One to strike his opponent down.

[1d10] crit DC-1

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665260

>>665252
"Hey, Kivoda, help me out here. It'll really impress Tourmaline if you can break this door down."

 No.665261

>>665254
The door doesn't budge.

>>665255
You swipe away one of the captain's swords, but he manages to stick you with the other, stabbing you in the gut. In retaliation, you punch him in the face, swinging out instinctively and backhoofing one of the guards. The other one manages to get you in the shoulderblade though, and your injuries make you fumble as you try to get past them, falling to one knee.
>Timber takes 8 hits, helpless at 0/4

>>665256
>>665258
With some help from Gloria, Maali manages to free himself from his metal prison.

>>665257
You manage to break down the door, freeing yourself. It seems that Timber's in a predicament, but you could also help your friends escape.

>>665260
Kivoda nods, doing his best to kick the door down.
[1d10]

Seeing Tourmaline escape, the captain curses profusely in a language you do not recognize before whistling loudly for reinforcements.
The two guards turn on Tourmaline, swinging their poleaxes.
[2d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 9, 6 = 15

 No.665262

>>665259
He parries your swing and counters with a stab between your plate mail. Holding your axe in both hooves, you raise it high in the air and bring it down across the Alorian's back, cutting through his layers of armor and leaving a terrible wound in his side. You suddenly feel dizzy from the attack, and topple over.
>Galehaut takes 3 hits, helpless
The soldier tries to get back up, clutching his open wound.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665263

>>665262
Galehaut rises
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.665264

>>665261
Maali tries to knock down the door of his cell as well
'1d10'
'1d10' antlerinos

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.665265

>>665263
You are too winded from the attack to be able to get up just yet. Your opponent rises, swinging at you with his sword.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.665266

>>665261
Gloria joins in on the door knocking down action, seeing if her joined force could push the door onto the captain.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.665267

>>665261

Timber grunts with a little pain, but quickly gets back up. [1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.665268

>>665265
(9)
Galehaut gets up, chuckling at the battle thus far.

 No.665269

>>665261
Abenad claps for Kivoda. "Good job!" He says, shaking his leg out, "I must have loosened it up fo ryou!"

 No.665270

>>665268
>>665265
Galehaut strikes the prone paladin.
[1d10] Crit DC-1

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665271

>>665261
She grabs the second guard to use him as a shield.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3

 No.665272

>>665270
Put him out of his damn misery Galehaut, goddamnit
[1d10] Crit DC-1

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.665274

>>665265
>>665272
You roll out of the way of the attack, countering with a swift kick to the legs to bring him back down. As you get back up, he scrambles away and parries some of your blows with his sword. However, with another powerful blow, you disarm him before cleaving him at the shoulder all the way down to his waist. He slumps to the ground, dead.
As his blood spills the soil, you feel your head grow light, and your body begins to glow. Your vision fades, and when you recover you are back at Bone Point in the pouring rain. The Silence is anchored off the shore. Apart from a pounding in your chest, you bear no signs of battle. Looking closely, you can see a strange shape approaching the ship from the water. Something below is disturbing the waves.

>>665264
>>665266
Maali busts down the cell door with a powerful push, allowing you both to join the fray.

>>665267
You are heavily injured from the attack, and fail to recover.
>1 wound recovered from Earthbound, now at 0/5

>>665271
You fail to grab him, and are struck by both of their axes. Dizzied from the blow, you stumble over.
>Tourmaline takes 8 hits, helpless

Kivoda breaks down the door, allowing Abenad and himself to help.

As per the captain's orders, three more changelings arrive to join the fight. They are about to attack you when something slams into the side of the ship, making everything rock and shudder violently. Looking around wildly, the changelings suddenly retreat, moving up to the deck and ignoring you. "That can't be good," says the dreadlocked zebra. "…Mind getting us out of here? The keys are just over on the peg over there." He points to the stairs the changelings fled up, where a ring of several keys hangs from a nail.

 No.665275

>>665274
She begins to look around for their equipment. [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.665276

>>665274
Abenad picks the keys off the nail and gets to work unlocking the rest of the cells…
after pulling his fancy shirt back on.

 No.665277

>>665274
Seeing that Abenad is taking care of unlocking the cells, Gloria follows Tourmaline with her intent to search the ship for her weapon.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665278

>>665272
Galehaut grimaces as he fades out,

"The All-in-One remains inside of me, protector of Ortague."

as he returns and looks to the ship, he starts sprinting towards the coastline, climbing the anchor's chain when he reaches it.

[1d10] getting there/climbing, autocrit due to supreme survivor

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.665279

>>665274
''I can't reach that tall…'' he replies to the zebra as he sees Abenad working on it. He joins Tourmaline and Gloria in the search for their items
>>665277
''Thank you for helping me there…It was embarassing to be stuck like that…''

 No.665280

>>665279
'1d10' pls

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665281

>>665274
>combats over, getting up by default

Timber follows the changelings to see what is happening.

 No.665282

>>665281

[1d10] to see with my eyes that are still in my sockets

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665283

>>665275
>>665277
>>665279
You make your way around the ship while everyone is distracted up above, eventually finding a storage area full of crates. Some of these crates contain your equipment, and you also find several barrels of some strange black powder you do not recognize.
Suddenly, Another impact hits the boat, and you are sent toppling to the ground. Several of the barrels fall and begin to spread across the floor. You hear wood splintering and shouts of panic from the crew. Something big is happening upstairs.

>>665276
You free the zebra and Rafford, along with the Disciple of Order as well as the rest of the group. They include a half-blood changeling, two earth ponies and a pegasus. "Thanks," Rafford says with a grin. "I don't know what drove them away, but I don't fancy staying around to find out. Let's get ou-"
Another impact, much harder than the last, knocks most of the escapees off their feet. You lose your footing momentarily, and hear an almighty crash.

>>665278
After some searching, you manage to find a path leading down the cliff and onto the beach. Pushing one of the abandoned rowboats out onto the choppy waves, you begin to make your way to the Silence. You can see a titanic serpentine shape emerging from the water. The ship is under attack from a creature of the deep.

>>665281
You emerge above the deck, only narrowly missing being crushed by an enormous reptilian head. A pallid sea serpent is rearing up out of the water, thrashing about as it attacks the ship, sending spear-wielding crewmen flying. The captain is up at the wheel, bellowing orders to his men, cloak billowing in the breeze. As it lunges for the first time, it splinters one of the ship's masts, sending it crashing into the deck. It begins to rock violently, clearing out the ship in a frenzy. You notice that its eyes are glowing icy blue, as if something were controlling it.

 No.665284

>>665283
When Gloria finally obtains her Ashbringer once more, she regains her balance and makes her way to the deck to see what the commotion is about.

 No.665285

>>665283
Galehaut rows closer to the boat, trying to steady it in the now choppy water.
He waves to get the attention of any party members on the deck
[1d10] look at me

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.665286

>>665283
Abenad heads up to the top, grinning manically as he sees the sea serpent. He pulls a spear from one of the fallen Changelings. "What's the matter, not used to big snakes?" He asks, hurling the spear at the sea serpent.

[1d10+1] Marksman Shot @ Serpent

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.665287

>>665283

Timber walks carefully to where the captain is, taking care not to trip as the boat is jostled.

"Well now, I believe another path has presented itself. But, it is you who must choose to walk it," Timber says to the captain. "I don't doubt that your crew can handle our group. I don't doubt that your crew can handle this beast," he points to the sea serpent.

"But, I do doubt that you can handle both at once. And, I am more than willing to spitefully fight you and your crew as this beast takes us all down. But, I would rather not. And, I'm certain you would rather not have that happen as well. So, if you're willing to let us go, I'm willing to help destroy this beast. Maybe a few of your own crew will even be spared with my help. So, are you willing to risk almost certain destruction for a minor profit? Or, are you willing to make a valuable ally? We may even be of greater profit to you in the future as your allies if you keep up your end of the deal."

"So," Timber says, extending his hoof for a deal-making hoof-shake. "What do you say?"

 No.665288

>>665287

[1d10] for diplomacy

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.665289

>>665283
She bumps Gloria's feathers on the way up to the deck.

 No.665290

>>665283
He re equips his things and looks for Abenad's and Timber's things as well, painfully dragging them with him''H-hold on I'll be right behind you!''

 No.665291

File: 1463551244869.jpg (457.2 KB, 1649x781, jordan-grimmer-lunchspeedy….jpg)

>>665285
None of the party seem to notice you. As the serpent attacks, one of the masts falls to the water, the torn rigging dangling off the edge. You could climb up it and onto the boat, but it would be difficult to do so.

>>665286
You throw the spear with all of your might. It doesn't seem to notice you.

>>665284
>>665289
>>665290
You find complete chaos above the deck. A sea serpent has attacked the changeling ship, wreaking havoc on its crew and reducing the ship to splinters. The spears and crossbows being fired at it do not seem to faze the beast, and many of them are abandoning the ship outright, flying off onto the mainland.

>>665287
"Are you mad?!" the captain shouts. "This isn't the time for negotiations! Brace up the foreyard, men!" he adds, yelling at a pair of changelings. "I don't know who you think you are, but I want you out of my sight. Serpents don't attack unless provoked, and something is clearly controlling that thing. Get out of here. You lot are more trouble than you're worth. I never want to see you or your friends again."

>>665290
As you move about, taking in the sight, the titanic serpent locks eyes with you for a moment. Its enchanted ice blue gaze meets yours for a moment; then, strangely, your amulet begins to glow blue in tandem.

>pausing

 No.666300

File: 1464745763025.jpg (293.08 KB, 795x1000, 1448287113619.jpg)

Post sheets.

 No.666301

File: 1464745895206.png (200.5 KB, 969x582, Ashbringer.png)


 No.666302

File: 1464746047059.png (3.48 KB, 367x35, asdfhafdha.png)


 No.666303


 No.666304

File: 1464746378245.jpg (474.6 KB, 3000x1622, 1461356554313.jpg)


 No.666305


 No.666306

File: 1464747809918.jpg (2.04 MB, 3264x2448, 1461672178620.jpg)

>10 642, Ytarr's Day of Abandon. Afternoon.

In the previous session of Mortal Souls, the party were taken prisoner by the changeling crew of the Silence, and were interrogated as to the purpose of their mission at Mt Venn; however, Timber Hoof managed to escape his prison eventually, allowing the rest of the party along with other captives to be set free also. Meanwhile, Galehaut battled a fellow survivor of the battle of Ortague from the attacking forces, slaying them in single combat. As he made his way towards the ship the party were on, it was attacked by a sea serpent seemingly being controlled by some magical force. As Maali met the serpent's gaze, his amulet began to turn blue in tandem with its glowing eyes…

>Tourmaline is at 8/6

>Maali is at 5/5
>Timber Hoof is at 6/6
>Abenad is at 6/5
>Galehaut is at 7/7
>Gloria is at 6/5
>Known monolith locations: Lunemark, Serpentine Keep, The Dreaming Spring, Heart of Jevel
>2/5 Immortal Souls found

>Old thread: >>665209


1/2

 No.666307

File: 1464747846815.jpg (122.91 KB, 1217x657, snow_obsidian_by_skyrisdes….jpg)

>>666306
2/2

>>666302
You see the ship violently shaking as the serpent attacks its crew, sending Changelings flying in every direction. The commotion is causing choppy waves to destabilize your little rowboat. Your stomach turns as it threatens to capsize on you. You can see one of the ship's main three masts has broken, the torn rigging dangling over the edge and into the waters below. You could grab hold of this and haul yourself on board to your friends' side, but it could be dangerous.
After a moment, the carnage stops. Something seems to be happening on board, but you cannot see from your position. What you can see, however, are two groups of who you assume are prisoners rowing away in lifeboats. You recognize Rafford the Shell deserter among them.

>>666303
There is a sudden lull in the skirmish as the sea serpent stops its rampage to stare at you. Changelings surround it on all sides, nervously wielding spears at the ready. Slowly and deliberately, it begins to lower its enormous head to your level. The creature is enormous, almost as much so as the dragon in Ortague. Its head alone is three times your size. Eye contact remains unbroken as it moves towards you. It seems like it wants something from you.

>>666305
"Stand and fight, you cowards! We are the storm!" the captain shouts angrily as he tries to steady the ship, keeping a firm grip on its wheel. You can see many of the crew are ignoring his orders seeing the ship damaged beyond repair, abandoning it and flying away from the battle in a thick black cloud. "You bloody pirates!…" He seems to remember you're still there all of a sudden. "Why are you still here?" he growls. "I thought I made it clear that we want nothing to do with you lot. You're obviously warlocks of some kind, turning to stone and conjuring creatures of the deep. Away with you. You're more trouble than you're worth."
You can see that there is a sudden moment of silence as the serpent bears down on Maali. His necklace is glowing blue, just like the creature's eyes. You've never seen it do that before.

>>666301
>>666304
You have recovered your equipment from the ship's cargo hold. The chaos of the serpent's attack subsides as it sees Maali, lowering its enormous head to meet him. The handful of changelings that haven't fled play little attention to you, focused as they are on the serpent. Kivoda is holding on to what remains of the railing, trying to keep his balance on the ruined ship and trying his best not to be seasick. You can see Timber next to the pirate captain, and Galehaut is in a rowboat nearby. The prisoners are taking the opportunity to flee in stolen boats. You notice that the Disciple of Order you saw earlier is not among them.

 No.666308

>>666307
>>666304

Galehaut waves up to those looking down, ushering them to get to the boat while they can.

 No.666309


 No.666310

>>666307

"Well, Captain," Timber says with an aggressive laugh. "You were the ones who captured us. I even warned you that we were not worth the trouble we would cause you. You said you'd take your chances. And now, you must take responsibility for your actions."

"Even if we were to leave, we'd have to fight this creature eventually. But, we have our best chance of victory on your ship. So, we will fight it on your ship. You took advantage of our situation. Now, we will take advantage of yours. Fair is fair. I don't think you're in the position to disagree with that. You can gather what troops you can to try and help us. Or, we can remain divided and likely fall. The choice is yours. Your survival depends on it."

[1d10] to instill some confidence in the captain which will hopefully, in turn, get some confidence in the fleeing and panicking crew

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.666311

>>666307
Gloria stands ready to retaliate any strikes the serpent would make at maali.

"I don't know how Galehaut got here in the perfect time but I think we should take advantage of this now, Maali. I'll hold off this beast."

>Leap of Faith: Attack if serpent attacks.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.666312

>>666307
>>666308
She picks up Kivoda and jumps into the boat. [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.666313

>>666307
Astounished, the little deer stands and stares back for a few seconds, unsure if he should listen to his fear or curiosity
After a moment of thought, and seeing the serpent lower its huge head, he approached, almost stumbling to the ground
[''He…Hello?] He spoke up in his strange tongue

 No.666314

>>666311
''N-no! Wait!''He raises a hoof to the gryphon, not taking his gaze away from the serpent
''Wait…''

 No.666315

>>666310
He snorts. "What, so you can stab us in the back or turn us all into newts first chance you get?" He leans in to your face. "No deal. Now get out. This ship won't stand for long anyway. You're dooming yourself if you stay."

>>666311
You keep a wary eye on the sea serpent as it stares down Maali.

>>666312
You try to make your way down the rigging and onto the rowboat, but you slip and fall into the icy water, barely managing to keep yourself afloat as your armor weighs you down. Kivoda manages to get on without any troubles, immediately stretching out his hoof and trying to hoist you aboard.

>>666313
As you approach, the blue glow in the serpent's eyes begins to intensify. Suddenly, your head begins to spin, and the world around you shifts and transform. You find yourself flying over a jagged island in the middle of a vast ocean. On the island is an enormous tree, reaching up towards the heavens like some skeletal hand. You recognize it as being one of many that grew in your own forest. "Look for me beneath the tree, blood of my blood," a smoky voice whispers in your native tongue as the sun and moon wheel overhead. "East…" Then the tree begins to catch fire, and the flames rush up to meet you.
The vision passes as quickly as it comes, and you find yourself flat on your back still on board the ship. The blue glow in the serpent's eyes fades, and it begins to retreat back into the water. You feel light-headed, and the back of your head hurts. The pirates seem afraid of you.

>>666310
>>666311
As Maali touches the serpent, you see his eyes suddenly glow blue. He seems to go into a catatonic state, falling backwards onto the ship. The changeling pirates look deeply disturbed by this, and some of them outright leave. They begin to whisper among themselves fearfully, shying away from the group. You hear whisperings of him being bewitched. Maali's strange trance passes as soon as it comes, and he looks ill.
You feel the ship begin to shift under you, the timber creaking and groaning. The captain's face turns to stone. "The Silence," one of the pirates says grimly, flying up to the captain's side. "She's sinking. Should we…?"
The captain nods. "Abandon ship. Abandon ship or abandon hope," he orders, raising his voice. With that, he takes to the air as the crew scramble to salvage valuables from below deck. "Curse you all," he says in anger before beginning to fly away with a small group. You are left alone on the sinking ship to find a way off.

 No.666316

>>666315
As Maali approaches the serpent*

 No.666317

>>666315
She hops into the boat. [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.666318

>>666315
Galehaut holds onto Kivoda and leans back, both trying to make sure Kivoda doesn't fall out of the boat, and so that the boat doesn't tip over.

[1d10] helping Kivoda (I will drop Kivoda though, if it means the boat won't tip over)

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.666319

>>666315

Timber shrugs. "Fair enough. Good luck with your ship. Hopefully, you take more careful consideration of who you choose to take captive in the future."

>>666315

Timber grabs Maali as he comes to and jumps into the water next to their escape boat.

[1d10] if necessary

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.666320

>>666315
Maali recovers from the trance with a jump, sitting on the wood as he pants for air, raising a hoof to hold his head
''East…We need to g-Huh?'' He looks around himself, noticing that the ship is moving and sinking, He starts to get up but…
>>666319
He gasps as Timber easily grabs him ''M-mister Timber, did you see that too? T-the serpent…It spoke, no, it showed me…To the east…We need to go east!''

 No.666321

>>666320

"I saw nothing," Timber responds. "But, Ialready have a reason to go East."

 No.666322

>>666315
Gloria flies over to the escape boat with the others. "What… just happened? Has this ever happened before?" Gloria questions what just happened between Maali and the serpent.

>>666320
"What did the serpent show you?"

 No.666323

>>666321
''W-wait, you do?''
>>666322
''No I…Never seen anything like that…It showed me visions…An island, then a voice told me to head east…A huge tree reaching for the sky like the ones in my home…My…Home! Could it be?…''

 No.666324

>>666318
You manage to help pull Tourmaline aboard.

>>666317
With some assistance from your compatriots, you manage to get onto the rowboat. You and your possessions are all drenched in icy seawater, including your book concerning the Sentinels. Kivoda quickly unfastens his cloak and drapes it around your shoulders for warmth.

>>666319
With Maali on your back, you drop gently down into the water and climb onto the little boat. There is precious little room for everyone, but you should be able to make do.

>>666322
The already cramped little boat becomes even more cramped when you fly on. It creaks ominously

>>666320
>>666321
"East?" Kivoda parrots as he shuffles aside to make room for you. "But that's Shell territory! What else is there eastwards that would warrant risking capture? Besides, I think we should talk to Doom first about everything that's happened. At least it'll be dry there." He begins to regret giving up his cloak as he begins to shiver from the sudden cold. "…We should get to shore before we make any big plans, anyway."

 No.666325

>>666324
Galehaut starts rowing back to shore, looking to the party,

"What happened aboard? After I escaped I planned to get help, but then I saw the sea monster attack and decided I had to come now."

 No.666326

>>666324
"You know why you're an idiot? Throwing a blanket over me is only going to keep me cold. Someone is going to have to help me get warm," she scolds Kivoda.

>>666322
"You'll do," she says as she dries herself on Gloria's feathers.

 No.666327

>>666323
>>666324

"Yes," Timber nods as he brushes water off himself with his hoof. "When we were last in Doom's encampment, some Disciples of Order approached me and said that they would be able to help us in our quest to find the Immortal Souls if we go to their temple on an island off the east coast of Rin."

 No.666328

>>666324
''I…Alright…Lets first get to the shore, because we need to find a way to get to an island in the east…'' He hugs himself, shivering with cold ''We need a bigger boat''
He scoots closer to Gloria as well to keep himself warm
>>666327
''But the place I am talking about is an island! An island to the east!''

 No.666329

>>666325
"My tabard is dry, but you will have to remove your wet clothes first. It's what I can offer."

 No.666330


 No.666331

>>666323
"Why would it show you a vision such as that?"

>>666326
Gloria blushes at the sudden drying usage of her feathers. "Please don't get me wet…" She asks, leaning away from you.

>>666324
Gloria grumbles slightly at the creaking, praying that the boat won't sink and force her to fly the way there.

>>666325
"I don't know where the beast came from… I left to retrieve my blade and then we were attacked by that serpent."

 No.666332

>>666331
''I…Don't know… It made my necklace glow blue… I-i didn't even know it could do that!''

 No.666333

>>666328

"It's also an island?" Timber asks contemplatively. "I wonder if it's the same island. That would be fortuitous. Odds are, they're just close to each other."

 No.666334

>>666333
''I hope so…I am not sure if it was urgent but…In the vision, the great tree caught fire…This worries me, mister Timber…''

 No.666335

>>666331
"Give me your feathers!" Tourmaline demands, scooting closer. "I need you-know-who to take the hint," she whispers.

 No.666336

>>666332
"Perhaps when we report back to Doom we could investigate more about your vision. We'll need a larger boat as well."

>>666335
Gloria sighs before sitting there and allowing it to happen. "Just this once… alright?"

 No.666337

>>666336
''Yes…This is kind of…Tight''

 No.666338

>>666326
"Well excuse me for trying to help," he says stiffly as he takes his cloak back. As he scoots over to make room for the other passengers, he has no choice but to huddle up against you. He looks uncomfortable.

>>666325
You begin to row ashore with the rest of the party in the boat. It takes a considerably longer time to do so with the weight of the group, but you get to the sandy beach nonetheless.
>timeskip
With the rain showing no signs of letting up, you begin to make the slow journey back to the Dreaming Spring. You trek through the muddy land, passing dead forests and rocky valleys. You camp overnight in what remains of a farmhouse, and cross the Broad River at first light. The second day goes by uneventfully, and it is night time by the time you reach the hideout. As you give the password ("Yoke") and are allowed to enter, you find Doom facing two of his men over the planning table angrily.
"You've… lost it," he parrots slowly.
"…Yes, Your Grace," one of the soldiers replies meekly.
"It's a castle, not a thimble. Presumably you still know where it is. You didn't lose Pine Pass, you let the Shells take it from you."
"Lord Meris was at their head," the other soldier pipes up. "He knows those lands better than any of us-"
"You did lose Lord Meris after the battle of the Far Cairn. You had him in our grasps, and you let him get away in the chaos. Then when I told you to hunt him down and kill him, you couldn't find him. That's what it means to lose something. Now he's come back and taken Pine Pass."
"Your Grace," the other soldier protests, "I don't think it's fair to blame us. We-"
"For six years the Shells have been oppressing us, locking us away and brainwashing my people. Not while I stand. Never again. They're laughing at us now, and it's your fault," Doom thunders. "Pine Pass is ours. Go take it back."
"We don't have the soldiers…"
"We have three times as many troops as Meris."
"They're forcing their prisoners to fight for them now, Your Grace. Their armies are growing stronger by the minute-"
"I don't want to hear excuses, I want to hear results. Enough of this!" he bellows. "Take that castle back. You are dismissed."
The two exchange a glance, then bow hurriedly and leave the hall. Doom glances over to you. "You have good news, I hope," he growls.

 No.666339

>>666338
''Y-yes…We d-do…'' He stammers, mekly approaching
''We…Defeated Dreamcoat…And we have Tascheter's soul as well…But we were captured by a small changeling army…Their ship was called the silence too…Do you know anything about them, Master Doom? Oh we escaped, as you can see…A sea serpent appeared and created chaos, made the changelings flee, and gave me a vision of an island to the east…Mister Timber and the others also have more to say too…''

 No.666340

>>666338
>>666336
Now "naked" to let her stuff dries, she stands far too close to Gloria to be normal. She makes noticable glances at Kivoda.

 No.666341

>>666338
"Dreamcoat is dead, we now hold both his and the snake's Immortal Souls. The ship owned by the changeling hoard "The Silence" has been sunk, and I have slain one of the former Alorian invaders."

he takes his helmet off,

"Pray tell what I overheard that isn't the best news of the war on the Shells."

 No.666342

>>666341
what I overheard* isn't

 No.666343

>>666338

"We have two Immortal Souls and Dreamcoat is dead. Sadly, it's not the best things could have turned out," Timber answers with a frown. "Without Dreamcoat, our only options as to learn a specific, definitive way to end the curse are limited to… strange sources."

Timber sits down and stretches his legs with a long sigh. "But, one hurdle at a time. There are still more Immortal Souls to find. We know where we must go next. To a temple run by the Disciples of Order far to the east."

>>666341
>>666340
>>666339
>>666336

Timber speaks to the rest of the party as well as Doom. "Where would be the closest place to which we could teleport from here?'

 No.666344

>>666338
"Dreamcoat and Tascheter are no more… Although I fear we still need to do more to reverse Dreamcoat's curse entirely. We also encountered an army of changelings, they kidnapped us and took us to their ship, luckily we made it out with the help of Galehaut… and a sea serpent attack." Gloria reports.

>>666340
Gloria is also beginning to slowly grow uncomfortable. "So… What sort of lesson are you trying to teach him?" Gloria asks quietly.

 No.666345

>>666344

"Oh sure," Timber pipes up jovial sarcasm. "Just Galehaut and the serpent."

 No.666346

>>666344
"Getting him to hurry up and quit wasting time," she whispers. She weaves herself under the wing. "Male-folk are so dense and idiotic."

 No.666347

File: 1464755709503.jpg (892.44 KB, 1024x768, rin map new.jpg)

>>666339
His already grim face somehow grows even grimmer at the mention of changelings. "Black Empress reavers,
he spits. "They're working with the Shells now, no doubt. Causeway was right, their armies are growing stronger. We're going to have to reach out to others as well. We already have the Disciples on our side, but we'll need to free the Masked Ones too. The Capricons and the mountain clansmen will surely fight for us also, if we can get to them…" He drifts off, lost in thought for a moment.

>>666341
"Unfortunately, there is very little good news to report. The Archdragon Veldr in Ortague has not been seen or heard of for some time now, which can not mean anything good. The Shell armies are growing as they reach out to other lands for support. If only we could do the same. Plus we've had reports that they're going to strike while the iron is hot and try to take the Far Cairn again. All in all, the war is not going anywhere near as well as I would like, but we must keep moving forward. Starting with putting Pine Pass under siege. We cannot afford to let them keep that castle at least. I will sacrifice the Cairn if need be."

>>666343
>>666339
>>666340
"At least those two are out of our hair, then," he replies. "It is good that you did not show the turncoat mercy, or who knows what else he would have done."

>>666343
"We know of a monolith at Drothen's Hollow," he replies as he points to the area on the map, " but it is dangerously close to one of the three main Shell bases at Lomar. You could go around them through the Archback Mountains, but that means you'd have to go through Midwood, and who knows what dwells there. If you are brave enough, you could steal a ship from Lomar, but I would advise against this. We cannot afford to lose you. Easthold-By-The-Sea is a minor Shell base, so taking a ship from there would be your best ticket to the Eastern islets. We used to have a ship from Lucan's Bridge that sailed along the southern coast to the , but the Shells saw to it being destroyed, curse them."

 No.666348

>>666347
Galehaut pulls the party aside out of Doom's hearing

"Before we leave, we should help aid Doom in his battles. I may not agree with him being king, but I would like to return here without everyone being dead. We could take a break to help the war effort."

he says in a hoarse whisper.

 No.666349

>>666347

Timber stares at the map, his mind devising plans.

He points to Easthold-by-the-Sea after some contemplation. "Where are your nearest troops there? Could they perhaps assist us in taking it from the Shells? This could benefit us both."

 No.666350


 No.666351

>>666345
"If you want me to add 'Master of cell door smashing' then I would be happy to oblige." Gloria replies back with her own sarcasm.

>>666346
>>666347
"I don't see how this would help, but alright." Gloria says, still allowing the use of her wing. She can't help but glance over at Kivoda as well. "I haven't really gotten to know you much anyways, so I guess I'll catch up with that while you 'get him to hurry up'. What brought you to Rin in the first place?" She asks, keeping up some idle conversation while she listens to the more important pieces of information Doom says.

 No.666352

>>666347
She kicks a pebble at Kivoda. [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.666353

>>666351

"Well, I don't know about 'master'. But, I'd have to say that I at least qualified as a journeyman cell door smasher."

 No.666354

>>666347
''This war only grows as our quest continues…'' He sighs

''These capricorns…you are talking about goats, right?…Huh…I have not seem many goats in Rin…''

''So we will have to cross almost half of Rin to get there…it will be quite the journey…''
Before continuing, he listens to Timber, then turns back to Doom
''If…You'd like, I could help heal the wounded soldiers for a few days as we prepare for the trip…Master Doom. Our trip to the east is mostly related to our quest, so it won't help with the war… So I will help before we go as much as I can''
>>666348
''The most I could do is heal the soldiers. I am not fit for war, mister Galehaut'' he says, removing his helmet

 No.666355

>>666349
"I would say Pine Pass, but you know the situation there already," he replies. "They control most areas in the east, while we have troops stationed at most western garrisons. I do not know how long that will last with the changelings on the move." He thinks for a moment. "We know that they don't hold Syro's Mire, because there is a monolith there also. However, it is directly next to Geldra, which is their main port. Going through there would be even riskier than going through Lomar. I'm afraid I cannot spare men to take Easthold, with the Shells being so active there. We need to reclaim Pine Pass first."

>>666351
"Hm?" he perks up. "Well, there's not much to tell really. I came about a year ago with two others in search of treasure and glory. We only barely made it past the Shell blockade in the south, and they captured me and my companions. I managed to break out eventually, but they caught up to me. If I hadn't run into you, I'd be rotting in a cell still."

>>666352
He turns to you in annoyance as you kick it into the back of his head. "Oww! What's the deal?"

>>666354
He nods. "The Capricons have been holding out against the Shells for a while now, but they're notoriously xenophobic. They want nothing to do with outsiders. Any help you can provide is appreciated."

 No.666356

>>666355

Timber smiles and nods. "I assumed that would be the case. Pine Pass is on the way if we were to walk. And, I'd rather walk with an army than teleport then have to walk through dangerous areas alone anyway."

"If your troops can assist us with taking that Easthold, then we can assist you with Pine Pass."

>>666354
>>666352
>>666351
>>666348

"Is that agreeable to everyone else?"

 No.666357

>>666356
>>666355
Galehaut nods.

 No.666358

>>666355
"What of your companions? Did they mean anything to you?" She inquires.

>>666356
"That seems agreeable."

 No.666359

>>666355
Thinking quickly, she stomps her hoof indignantly.
"It was my birthday yesterday and you didn't get me anything, you daft beast!" she lies.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.666360

>>666355
''Well…Maybe there could be a way to convince them… But I will have to leave this for you to deal with Master Doom…I will find and help your soldiers and take minimal breaks'' He bows
>>666356
''Yes, that sounds good…how many troops are we taking with us?''

 No.666361

>>666356
He looks confused. "Why would we take Easthold? It's not far from Geldra, and the troops from there would run us out with our tails between our legs. It's too risky. If you can find a way to sneak in, however, you could always steal a ship. It would be much easier than storming the castle. As I said, however, you'd be warping to Syro's Mire which is dangerously close to Geldra, so you'd have to take some sort of disguise." He looks at the entire group. "Which would be no easy task considering how much you all stand out."

>>666358
He looks glum. "Friends of mine from Marat," he explains. "They weren't even cursed when they got captured. They've probably gone blank by now."

>>666359
"You never said it was your birthday," he replies in confusion. "How was I meant to know?"

>>666360
"If you will go to Pine Pass, then seek out Causeway," Doom says. "You met him earlier when he was explaining the situation. He will lead a group of about 200 to take back Pine Pass, and will rendezvous with his troops the day after tomorrow. He should be somewhere around here, the fool."

 No.666362

>>666361
"That's just something that males are supposed to know," she continues to bullshit, flicking his nose. [1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.666363

>>666361
''Well, if the others agree to join him in Pine Pass… I was thinking if there were any injuried soldiers here that were recovering and thought about tending to them first…''

 No.666364

>>666361
"Don't give up hope… If we're lucky, we may find them before they get to that point. After all, you were lucky enough to be saved, why not your friends as well?" She asks with a small smile, hoping her words would at least make him less glum.

 No.666365

>>666361

"First of all, I fail to see how stealing a ship would be easier than storming a poorly manned castle."

"If we take the Easthold, then that's more attention taken OFF Pine Pass. And, Easthold would provide a foothold for an operation to take Geldra."

"Hear me out. We take Pine Pass then move on to Easthold. Then, our party sails to the Shrine of Silence and enlist the Disciples of Order there to embark on a naval strike on Geldra. With the ships from both the Shrine of Order and Easthold and the fact that the Shells would be denied the ships from Easthold, the naval siege would work out in your favor."

"Any extended siege in this war will naturally work out in your favor. I realize that death is a condition to be avoided. But, this is war. You have to use your advantages, even if they come at a cost. And, you'll always naturally be able to outlast the Shells in a siege due to resurrection. Couple that advantage with the naval advantage, and you have yourself a victory even if the Shells numbers are larger in Geldra."

"It's a plan in progress, so if there's anything to add to it, I'm all ears. But, sneaking is certainly not the forte of our group. And, the more and sooner we deal with this Shell problem, the better."

 No.666366

File: 1464761264910.jpg (431.8 KB, 1920x1087, mohammad-qureshi-mohammad-….jpg)

>>666362
"Wh… what?" He looks outraged. "That's ridiculous! You're ridiculous!"

>>666363
"Most of the wounded from the Far Cairn are healed by now," he answers. "We only have a few that are healing. If you wish to tend to them, it would be appreciated."

>>666364
"Maybe," he nods. "With any luck, they'll have been freed and serving under Doom by now."

>>666365
"The Disciples are just that: disciples." He moves over to the eastern side of the war table, pointing out certain areas by using a walking stick. "They have no warships to speak of. And the fleet at Easthold is minimal, so a naval siege is out of the question when compared to the fleet at Geldra and at the blockade. Besides, it's not Easthold I'm worried about, it's the fact that we're potentially going to be taking 200 troops right past one of their largest bases of operations. They have easily five times that number in Geldra alone, if our scouting is accurate. Not to mention we'd be facing the troops from Lomar, Irontown and Torngrove, to name a few." He shakes his head. "Easthold is theirs. It is folly to seize it for our own."

>pausing for everyone except Timber

 No.666367

>>666366

Timber stares at the map for a long time.

"How fortified is the Tower of Silence at this point? Where did these troops that are attacking Pine Pass come from? Would it be possible for us to infiltrate the tower and start a rebellion from inside without the assistance of your troops?"

 No.666368

>>666367
"Meris went and took the garrison at Torngrove, most likely. It's the closest Shell base to Pine Pass that we know of. As for the Tower, well, it's where they keep the majority of their prisoners, not to mention the seat of their leader Joyce. It's the most heavily guarded of the three main bases. You could sneak in by pretending to surrender to a caravan, but you'd be hard pressed to find a way out." He thinks for a moment. "Heavily guarded as it is, the guards there aren't a proper army. If a major attack were to happen, they'd be forced to call on the other outposts for help. We'd need much more than 200 to launch an attack of any real note, however. They could still drive us away with so few."

 No.666369

>>666368

Timber sighs. "Well, I can't think of anything else to do that wouldn't be massively out of our way. And, I have no interest in helping for the sake of helping. Truth be told, I'm still trying to get the Shells to be on board with our Immortal Souls plan. So, attacking them isn't really ideal for us anyway."

"So, I've tried to work this out, but it just doesn't seem to. As such, I suppose we'll just be heading out now."



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]