[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment

File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1452749077423.jpg (22.11 KB, 512x288, 1424224547433.jpg)

 No.653286

"Alright you two, I don't know what possessed you to take this job, but you did. You've got the basic gist of what's going on, so I'll focus on the other stuff of how to get it done."

"First off, N.M.M. is desperate. Just so you know, if they hired anyone to do a job like this for them. Second, they've graciously provided you with transportation and they aren't even going to charge us. They'll drop you off a ways away from the facility, which is deep in the Forest, so even our drones are going to lose sight of you. Be careful just getting into the place."

"Once you do, the building is pretty big. Three stories and wide open. I've updated your Com-Links with a frequency tracker set to the target. Get to him and get him out of there. Don't forget their two files. Those are probably going to be worth a pretty penny to them."

"Alright, I've got your ride approaching your dropoff. Ready to go?"

 No.653293

I sigh and check my gear over. "It has to be a forest.. It can't be near a coffee shop."

 No.653296

>>653286
Nod my head, checking over my cloaker and porting-jack one last time, tabbing up all the relevant files for door-opening programs, handshake-protocols, and junk-spammers necessary for getting past high-level firewalls like the ones we'll be up against.
"I've got all my tools ready to go, just need a direct port to the facility. As long as my partner's half-competent, we'll be in and out before they know we're there."

 No.653301

>>653293
"Trust me, you don't want those jobs. At least here, you'll know who to shoot." Your contact on the Com-Link says.

>>653296
"Good to here." Comes from the driver. "We're here. Just head straight out, you'll need to figure out the rest as you go."

The door of your ride opens, revealing the great big forest all around you.

 No.653304

>>653301
"Got it. Don't suppose we've got an exfiltration ride yet, do we? Or are we supposed to figure that out on our own?"

 No.653307

>>653304
"Working on that. They're being coy, but there had to be a way for the employees to get back home, right?" Your contact replies.

As you walk into the forest, you can see your signal drop rapidly.

 No.653308

>>653301
>>653304
>>653307
"Right, keep us posted."
'1d10' spot checking the area below, it always helpful to know the land a bit.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.653309

>>653308
There's some smoke and bright lights coming from the facility. Problem is, you also see some vehicle lights moving around before the helicopter dropped you off.

 No.653310

>>653307
"Of course. Just try not to leave us stranded. I'm losing connection; be back in touch when we get better signal."
>>653308
"You can call me Zappy. If anything tech-related pops up, hooves off and let me take care of it. I can get us in and past any security measures they've got, but only if there's not someone accidentally setting stuff off.
So, you got a name?"

 No.653312

"Alright, we're about to reach the Landing Zone. Just head into the forest and do your jobs."

I'll need both of you to roll for the first bit of the forest.

 No.653313

>>653310
"They call me Dragon, just stay low. alert and we'll get through this, forests are easy to set up ambushes in."
>>653312
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.653315

>>653313
"Dragon, huh? Got a bit of a skin condition then? I hear they make lotions for that."
>>653312
Stay down and stick to the shadows. '1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.653316

>>653315
>>653313
You're both witnesses to the abilities of the Forest. It grows and changes before you, sending you're electronics on the fritz.

>Lowest distance traveled

You make it over the first hill, but you can tell there's a lot more to go.

You come upon a clearing, with a small shed. There are two revolutionaries there, having a smoke.

 No.653317

>>653315
"Nah, Ace was already taken." I smile smugly at you and then put a hoof up to my lips.
>>653316
'1d10' time for stealth.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.653318

>>653316
…Well, don't that put me in a pickle.
Check to see if I can at least get my Cloaker up and running again. '1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.653319

>>653317
These guys aren't paying attention, so you have all the stealth in the world as long as your ComLink's alarm doesn't turn on.

>>653318
It's nearly flawless. You could stand in front of someone and they won't notice. Just watch the batteries.

"Can you believe this?" One guard said.
"Hey, we just joined, what else could we have expected?" The other replies.

 No.653320

>>653319
Nice, I'll go for a dual attack with trick ammo: KO applied.
'2d10'

Roll #1 3, 1 = 4

 No.653321

>>653319
Use this chance to move so that the shed is between me and them. I'm curious to see what they've got stashed inside.

 No.653322

>>653320
Thwank! One of the guards goes down, but the other one moves just as the arrow was about to hit!

"Oi, Marwari!" He pulls out his walkie-talkie…

>>653321
The shed has some light coming out of it. While it's partially open, you can see lots of electrical cables in it, and an antenna.

 No.653323

>>653322
Sweet.
Let's give that guard a love-tap over the back of the head so he doesn't start any trouble for us. '1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.653324

>>653322
I'll use my whirlwind shot.
'4d10' to start with
+2 to all

Roll #1 9, 8, 10, 9 = 36

 No.653325

'4d10' more?

Roll #1 8, 3, 10, 10 = 31

 No.653326

>>653324
>>653323
The poor equine has his hoof smashed, then takes numerous blows to the head and upper body. He'll be unconscious for a long time, as well as injured.

 No.653327

>>653326
Right then, I'll grab his walkie-talkie and head into the shed, turning off my Cloak to conserve battery.
What exactly am I working with here?

 No.653328

>>653326
>>653327
'1d10' look around their camp

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.653329

>>653327
There are three weird tubes connected to the power lines. There's also some cables connected to the antenna on top.

>>653328
Not much here, just the two guards. However, they are actually very well armed. They've got real, high powered rifles. These aren't just home built things you'd normally encounter with gangers in the city.

 No.653330

>>653329
All right, let's see what I can figure out about this. It's broadcasting something, or allowing something to be broadcast, but what?
Do the strange tubes serve any purpose; such as acting as a buffer from interference? Does the construction resemble any setup I'm familiar with?
'1d10+2' Engineering MEN roll

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.653331

>>653330
You've never seen the tubes before. Occasionally, they'll glow, but nothing seems to happen inside.

As for the antenna, you can tell that it's broadcasting something. It's pretty well encrypted, though.

 No.653332

>>653329
>>653330
"Someone is funding these guys… Very well."

 No.653333

>>653332
Make a roll for identifying the weapons

 No.653334

>>653333
'1d10' These things are usually labelled.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.653335

>>653331
Check the glowing and the broadcast, see if they're correlating. Take apart the walkie-talkie to see if it's got a similar design inside.
If they've found a way to circumvent the interference, then we could do the same by piggy-backing on their signals.
'1d10+2' Engineering MEN roll
>>653332
"I'd think that was a given, considering that they took over a N.M.M. base. Or they're just using stuff they lifted from the site."

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.653336

>>653334
That's the thing. There is no markings on these weapons. It's not that they were removed or scratched off, they were simply never made with them.

>>653335
The Walkie Talkie is a normal type you could get at most stores. It's expensive and well built, but you're familiar with it.

At least for the outside patrols, you can listen in to them. From their basic check ins, there are five more patrols in this area.

 No.653337

>>653336
>>653335
"Well, the question is who. And these weapons never had markings on it."

 No.653338

"Patrol Zero 1, check in."

 No.653339

>>653336
Set up a voice recording loop to take apart the conversation they were having and set it up to go off the next time they're supposed to check in.
>"Hey, we just joined, what else could we have expected?"
>"Hey, – just ——, what —- —– we —- expected"
>"We just have"
And that should buy us some time.
>>653338
And just in time, too!

 No.653340

>>653337
"So either on-site or built off the grid. Either way, dangerous ponies. This stuff could fetch a good price from the right buyer…"
>>653339
>>653338
To be clear, play back the first sound bite.
>"Hey, just what we expected."

 No.653341

>>653340
"Exactly. Someone powerful is behind this."



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]