[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1451878821919.png (748.8 KB, 2000x2000, Sweetie Belle vampire.png)

 No.652391[Last 50 Posts]

You wake up early one evening after a long day's sleep. Your room resembles that of any well-to-do mare's except for the lack of windows and mirror, and a coffin instead of a bed. The walls, floor, and ceiling are cut from the bedrock as is the rest of the complex the Twins had constructed when they first took control of the Nature temple. Thanks to you their relationship with the members of the temple is more friendly and less parasitic than it was in the past. Countless rituals allowed you to redeem not only yourself, but the Twins too, in the eyes of Nature. Thanks to this the three of you can enter the temple itself now without risking annihilation and you've even regained your status as a priestess of Nature.
You did not exert yourself much last night so your blood pool is still mostly full, although a unicorn Nature priest is waiting by your coffin in case you want a bite.

 No.652394

>>652391
I yawn and sniff the air lightly, smiling at the priestess. "Good evening. My, you do look.. appetizing."
I trot carefully out and beside her, gently feeding off her, breakfast is the most important meal after all. Just a partial draining is what I'll go for.

 No.652396

>>652394
She smiles back at you and extends her neck.
"Thank you, mam."
After you're done she dabs her neck with a cloth.
"Will you be needing anything else from me?"

 No.652398

>>652396
"No, I think I'm going to go out tonight. Is the weather agreeable?"

 No.652399

>>652398
She nods.
"The pegasus report says it will be overcast with a slight breeze. Perfect cover for you."

 No.652401

>>652399
"Sounds lovely! I haven't been to the city in a while, I wonder if its changed.."
I casually comment as I get dressed and prepared to head out.

 No.652404

>>652401
She sighs.
"Crime has gotten worse. After you and your friends destroyed the evil spirit haunting the Forsaken district the city government decided that they didn't need to spend as much on the defenses around it. Thanks to that treasure hunters keep breaching the wall around it. Guards are pulled off patrol to watch the holes until they can be plugged, which means there aren't enough around to stop crime. The Inquisition's back in the Old Money district too, so that's no good for you or the Twins."

 No.652406

>>652404
I frown. "Perhaps its not all that bad.. Inquisitors could just be trying to help out with the crime.."
"Are there any signs of werewolves?"

 No.652407

>>652406
"They're here for the monsters. All monsters, begging your pardon."
She shakes her head.
"I've not heard anything about them, sorry. Then again, I'm not the best person to ask. People out in the Farm district would know the most about that, I'm sure."

 No.652408

>>652407
I nod slowly.
"I understand.. but if they don't know about us then they are here for something else.. I'll just have to investigate myself."
And then I head upstairs.

 No.652409

>>652408
You get a few greetings from people you know well when you emerge into the temple. The sun has only just set so there are still plenty of people up.

 No.652410

>>652409
They're such good ponies. I'm sure they don't know anything I couldn't see for myself.
I trot out into the night, and grow the infamous bat wings once out of the temple's light.

 No.652411

>>652410
You look like a batpony now instead of an earth pony. In a city like Canterlot that might not attract much attention. Here, though, especially after a recent vampire problem? Best to stay out of sight.

 No.652412

>>652411
Its dark, and stealth seems to come naturally to me now.. I'll try flying toward the farm district.
'1d20'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.652413

On the way there you fly through a patch of clear sky and the moonlight illuminates you to the people in the streets below. You're out of eyesight quickly but you do hear one person scream.
The Farm district is just beyond the walls of the city.

 No.652414

>>652413
They are the most likely to have any kind of encounters then!
time to look around for anyone lurking in the night. '1d20'

Roll #1 12 = 12

 No.652415

>>652414
You stay high and circle around above the main town in the the Farm district. You can't see much of anything going on in the streets, but far in the distance you see a goat run as fast as he can out of the treeline. A couple ponies chase after him.

 No.652416

>>652415
Aha! Action.
I fly after the goat and try to get close to them. "Hey, grab my hoof, I'll get you out of here."

 No.652417

>>652416
[1d20]

Roll #1 17 = 17

 No.652418

>>652416
He grabs your hoof. The two ponies are closing in.

 No.652419

>>652417
>>652418
'1d20' try to fly this goat out of their line of sight.

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.652420

>>652419
You take off into the air and head into the clouds, losing them. The goat is holding onto you for dear life.

 No.652421

>>652420
Hoover here above a cloud.
"Hey, so I think we lost them.. why were they chasing you?"

 No.652422

>>652421
He's still trying to catch his breath. You can feel his heart hammering inside his chest.
"They're bandits. They kidnapped a bunch of us while we were camping in the woods and are trying to ransom us."

 No.652423

>>652422
I reply concerned.
"Really? Do you think you can point out where you were being held?"

 No.652424

>>652423
He shakes his head.
"I'm just a city goat. Luck's the only reason I made it out of the forest instead of getting deeper into it."
He's starting to calm down now.

 No.652425

>>652424
"Alright.. Do you know where your home is?"

 No.652426

He nods.
"If you get me over the Residential district I can point it out."
[1d20]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.652427

He looks at you again then goes back to looking at the clouds.

 No.652428

>>652426
>>652427
Lets try to fly to the residential area without being spotted '1d20'

Roll #1 17 = 17

 No.652429

>>652428
You stay above the clouds mostly, only dropping below them occasionally to check your position. Once you get over the Residential districts he uses landmarks to guide you until you land in front of his door. He reaches out to shake your hoof.
"Thank you for rescuing me! I'm going to the guards first thing tomorrow to tell them what happened."

 No.652430

>>652429
I smile as I shake his hoof. "Of course. Stay safe out there, wouldn't want you to get goatnapped again."
Then I should make my way back to scout around the forest.. but I can probably spare enough time to go the long way, ease-dropping on the ponies I pass. '1d20'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.652431

There aren't too many people out on the streets now but lurking near windows lets you hear plenty of very general complaints about how bad the crime in the city has gotten. Especially pickpockets and break-ins in the Residential district.

 No.652432

>>652431
That is troubling.
Maybe Its an organization of bandits that's causing it. I better go check the forest for a base of some kind..
'1d20' head out to the forest now.

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.652433

>>652432
You stay unseen while you fly out to the forest. There's a whole lot of ground to search out here, not to mention the trouble of seeing a camp through the trees. Finding the camp without any more information about where it is is going to be very difficult to say the least.

 No.652434

>>652433
'1d20' I might get lucky and notice something.

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.652435

>>652434
You spend a while flying over the forest but don't have any luck spotting bandits.

 No.652436

>>652435
I should have known it wouldn't be that easy.
I'll have to actually catch these bandits and make them show me.. now they would probably be looking near the edge of the woods.. '1d20' look around the edge of the woods

Roll #1 16 = 16

 No.652437

You catch the glow of a match near the edge of the forest. A goat wearing dark clothing is perched in a tree near the edge of the forest. He's using a spyglass to keep watch on the small town, which contains the only nearby guardpost.

 No.652438

>>652437
I smile, the first part of the plan is going well.
Now to overpower this goat. '1d20' try to tackle him out of the tree.

Roll #1 18 = 18

 No.652439

He doesn't know what hit him. You get him pinned under you and manage to disarm him and gag him with a hoof too.

 No.652440

>>652439
Now to glare menacingly and threaten to let the uni- I guess, I'll just be as intimidating as I can without that.
"Where is your camp? How many of you are there?"
'1d20'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.652441

>>652440
"I ain't tellin' you anything, lady!"

 No.652442

>>652441
"Are you sure.. I think that could be bad for your blood level.." I try showing my fangs and spreading my wings a bit to be scarier. '1d20'

Roll #1 13 = 13

 No.652443

>>652442
He shrieks and his heart starts to race.
"I'll talk! I'll talk!"

 No.652444

>>652443
I can't help but be cheerful at that.
"Great! Tell me about your camp. Where is it? How many bandits are there? Do you have any hostages?"

 No.652445

"It's in the woods near the orchards! There's seven of us plus me, and we've got four hostages! Please don't kill me!"

 No.652446

>>652445
"Okay. I'm going to save those hostages, so don't go back to your camp until morning and I won't touch you."
Let him go and walk off toward the orchard.

 No.652447

He nods.
On hoof it takes you a while to get to the orchards. It's the dead of night now, so you should be able to do this easily if you hit them fast and hard.

 No.652448

>>652447
They should be pretty tired about now, but its lunch time for me, I'm wide awake.
'1d20' spot check their camp first off

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.652449

You take to the air and try to find their camp. After a few minutes of fruitless searching a gryphon divebombs you from above and sends you crashing through the trees into a hidden camp. You can see cages with people in them and a bunch of very surprised bandits.
"I found somepony snooping around up above! Think she's a guard?"

 No.652450

>>652449
"Owch." I rub my head a bit stepping back. "I'm not exactly a guard, but I'm here for the hostages." I declare and draw my sword ready to fight.

 No.652451

>>652450
The gryphon draws a knife and lunges at you while the others arm themselves. A zebra mare in particular is making the most noise.
"Don't kill her! I bet she's more valuable alive!"

The gryphon attacks.
[2d6]

Roll #1 6, 2 = 8

 No.652452

>>652451
"You're the ones who should be careful about being killed." I fight with the gryphon since its actively attacking me.
'6d6'

Roll #1 2, 5, 1, 3, 5, 5 = 21

 No.652453

>>652452
Your improved reactions, speed, and strength help you to block the gryphon's attacks then savagely wound him.
Three more bandits grab weapons and join the fray.
Gryphon 1/3
[2d6]
Pegasus 3/3
[2d6]
Unicorn 3/3
[2d6]
Earth pony 3/3
[2d6]

Roll #1 4, 4 = 8 / Roll #2 2, 1 = 3 / Roll #3 6, 2 = 8 / Roll #4 1, 5 = 6

 No.652454

>>652453
I just have to keep the pressure up '6d6'

Roll #1 6, 3, 1, 6, 4, 4 = 24

 No.652455

You run the unicorn through with your sword, killing it. The other three gang up and attack you, though, hurting you somewhat. Two more join while the zebra mare watches and shouts.
Gryphon 1/3
[2d6]
Pegasus 3/3
[2d6]
Earth pony 3/3
[2d6]
Diamond dog 3/3
[2d6]
Earth pony 2 3/3
[2d6]

Roll #1 2, 6 = 8 / Roll #2 5, 5 = 10 / Roll #3 4, 6 = 10 / Roll #4 2, 2 = 4 / Roll #5 4, 6 = 10

 No.652456

>>652455
"Stand down and I'll spare your lives." I give them the tried old line and go for the diamond dog this time '6d6'

Roll #1 3, 6, 4, 1, 5, 1 = 20

 No.652457

>>652455
You wound the pegasus next while the others pile on and stab you. Luckily for you they aren't well trained, so in the melee they miss more than they should. Still, if you were mortal you'd be dead by now.
"Something's wrong! She should be dead!"
The zebra snarls.
"Shut up and bring her down! Kill her if you have to!"
Gryphon 1/3
[2d6]
Pegasus 3/3
[2d6]
Earth pony 3/3
[2d6]
Diamond dog 3/3
[2d6]
Earth pony 2 3/3
[2d6]

Roll #1 6, 5 = 11 / Roll #2 2, 1 = 3 / Roll #3 2, 6 = 8 / Roll #4 5, 6 = 11 / Roll #5 5, 1 = 6

 No.652458

>>652457
My head feels a little dizzy, I will take off and try again later..
Flying out of here and into the forest.

 No.652459

>>652458
One of them heals the gryphon then both the gryphon and the pegasus take off after you!
You can try to escape them (DC 10) or turn and fight. If you fail to escape you automatically take 2 points of damage and have to fight.

 No.652460

>>652459
'1d20' I'll try to escape. I need to heal up somehow before I try them again.

Roll #1 20 = 20

 No.652461

>>652460
You leave them in the dust. It's not until after you're out of danger that you remember the Twins telling you that you can heal yourself by spending blood from your blood pool. Of course, there's that goat. Fresh blood always heals better.

 No.652462

>>652461
I am just a forgetful old lady now.. Ah, well I guess I should use some of the blood I've saved up, that's what its here for.

 No.652463

>>652462
You spend 6 of your stored blood to repair your damaged body.

 No.652464

>>652463
They are probably still back where I left them.. looking for me.
I'll try to sneak up on them instead..
'1d20' spot one

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.652465

>>652464
The gryphon and pegasus are hiding up in the clouds waiting to see if you come back. The rest are on guard down in the camp.

 No.652466

>>652465
Okay.. I'll try to engage the gryphon, he was hurt earlier and might still be wounded '6d6'

Roll #1 2, 5, 5, 6, 2, 4 = 24

 No.652467

>>652466
You take him out and leave the body stacked on top of the cloud so it won't fall onto the camp below.

 No.652468

>>652467
Now I'll go after the pegasus.
'6d6'

Roll #1 3, 1, 3, 6, 4, 3 = 20

 No.652469

>>652468
You don't manage to kill the pegasus right away, letting him shout for help. No one can help him, of course, but the rest of them know you are here now.

 No.652470

>>652469
This is okay..
I want to try and go for the zebra stop short of killing her.
'6d6'

Roll #1 5, 4, 2, 5, 6, 5 = 27

 No.652471

>>652470
You dive down and wound her then hold her at bladepoint. She's getting delicious blood all over your hooves.
"Stop! Stop! Don't kill me!"
The rest of the bandits have formed a circle around the two of you and are still holding their weapons.

 No.652472

>>652471
"Call off your bandits." I command her.

 No.652473

>>652472
"Drop your weapons!"
They drop their weapons and step back.
"What do you want? Money? We can give you money, just let me go!"

 No.652474

>>652473
I look toward the cages.
"The hostages. I want them released."

 No.652475

>>652474
"Do what she says!"
The bandits walk over to the cages and start letting the hostages out. The pegasus you wounded lands and digs a healing potion out of a chest.

You're pretty hungry and her blood smells good, even if she is a dirty bandit. Pass a DC 6 test or bite her.

 No.652476

>>652475
'1d20' …I can't she'd definitely die or at least pass out and be unable to keep these bandits in line.
"Good.."

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.652477

>>652476
You can't help yourself. Your fangs glint in the firelight as you open wide. She squeaks when you bite her then passes out from bloodloss shortly afterwards. You automatically let her go while everyone stars at you.
[6d20]
[4d10]

Roll #1 4, 3, 1, 7, 15, 20 = 50 / Roll #2 10, 10, 8, 7 = 35

 No.652478

The hostages and bandits scream and run in all directions. Only two bandits stay. One dives for a spear and the other grabs a burning stick from the fire and throws it at you.
Dodge, DC 6.

 No.652479

>>652477
>>652478
'1d20' dodge
"Fire? In a forest? Are you stupid?!"

Roll #1 16 = 16

 No.652480

>>652479
Seeing that they are the only two left, they took off as soon as the torch was thrown. You can chase after them if you want to, or focus on finding those hostages.

 No.652481

>>652480
Instead of either of those, I'll bandage up the leader so she doesn't die of blood loss.

 No.652482

>>652481
You feel the ponyness you lost when you bit her return while you save her life.

 No.652483

>>652482
Now I can go look for the hostages.. they probably are gonna get lost in the woods If I don't.
'1d20' look for a trail of the hostages.

Roll #1 13 = 13

 No.652484

>>652483
It's easy enough to find screaming hostages. You manage to track down one, a unicorn mare, but if you come out looking like a batpony she might run off again.

 No.652485

>>652484
That's fair, I should dismiss my wings and clean up myself of blood as best I can.

 No.652486

>>652485
You revert back to an earth pony and use some moss to clean the blood off your chin. The pony jumps when you step out into the open but relaxes when she sees you aren't one of the kidnappers. She grabs you and shakes you.
"There's a vampire and bandits out here you have to help me get away!"

 No.652487

>>652486
I nod at her turning my head away as if to look for the bandits and vampires, but really to keep her from seeing my teeth. "Okay. Was anyone else with you?"

 No.652488

She nods.
"There were two more ponies and a donkey but YOU HAVE TO GET ME OUT OF HERE I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"
She's shaking you back and forth.

 No.652489

>>652488
Being on an adventure is a lot more hassle than I remember.
Hug her and pat her back so she calms down. "Its okay. I'm a nature priestess. I know my way around forests."

 No.652490

>>652489
She calms down some.
"Okay, good. Can we please go now though?"

 No.652491

>>652490
"We're going to find your friends too. All of you are going home."
'1d20' pick up the trail of the other hostages.

Roll #1 18 = 18

 No.652492

>>652491
You show off your skills by leading her quietly through the forest while you track down the other three hostages and avoid the bandits. Once you have all three you lead them out of the forest and into the orchard. All of them are keeping an eye on the skies for the vampire.

 No.652493

>>652492
I scratch my head a little.
"So, do you want to go to the residential area? Its a bit of a walk."

 No.652494

>>652493
They shake their heads.
"I can hardly take another step."
"Can you get us to the little town out here? There's an inn."

 No.652495

>>652494
"Oh. I have been there before. Lets see the shortest way to get there is.."
'1d20' I will guide them quickly and safely to their 'town'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.652496

>>652495
No need to roll there.

You get them to the small town. It's hardly more than an inn, a few shops, a couple workshops, and some houses. The innkeeper, an earth pony mare named Cream Soda, isn't happy about being woken up this late but when she hears about what happened from the hostages she perks up quite a bit. She tells you to go fetch some of the guards while she looks after the hostages.

 No.652497

>>652496
"A guard? Alright then."
Does this place even have one on duty? I'll check outside.

 No.652498

There's a small guardhouse next door to the inn. It looks closed for the night.

 No.652499

>>652498
How helpful.
Bang on the door anyway.
"Hey, Wake up!"

 No.652500

>>652499
After a few minutes of banging a grumpy looking earth pony opens the door.
"You better have a very good reason I shouldn't arrest you for all that noise, miss."

 No.652501

>>652500
"I just found some ponies who were held hostage in the woods. The bandits have a camp out there in the orchard. You should send someone to the inn."

 No.652502

>>652501
"You-what?"
He shakes his head.
"come on. If yer lyin' to me about this…"
He walks over to the inn. You estimate there's about 2 hours left until dawn.

 No.652503

>>652502
I don't really want to be stuck here all day..
"Just go see. I have a hammock in the woods calling me."
I wander off toward the forest so I'm out of sight.

 No.652504

>>652503
"Oh no you don't."
he grabs you by the scuff of the neck and starts dragging you to the inn.

 No.652505

>>652504
"Aw come on.." I grumble but don't resist him.

 No.652506

>>652505
He drags you into the inn. it takes half an hour for him to get a coffee then get get statements from the four hostages and from the innkeeper. Finally he turns to you.
"Alright. What were you doin' out in the woods anyways?"

 No.652507

>>652506
"I'm a Priestess of Nature. I was just drawn there by an earlier vision in my meditation, and then I heard the mare screaming and stopped to help her out."

 No.652508

>>652507
He nods while scratching notes down on a pad of paper.
"Makes sense to me. Good job, miss, you're a hero. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go back to sleep for an early shift."
He leaves. The hostages all offer you their congratulations and Cream Soda invites you to stay for a big breakfast, free of charge.

You're going to be cutting it pretty close if you stay here any longer.

 No.652509

>>652508
I blush smiling gracefully.
"Oh, no need to thank me. By the time I arrived you were all already free. All I did was guide you here."
Carefully step around them toward the door.
"Besides.. I should get back to the temple, I wouldn't want them to worry about me."

 No.652510

>>652509
A few of the hostages hug you. Cream Soda shrugs.
"Okay then, if that's what you need to do. I'll leave that free meal on your tab, alright?"

 No.652511

>>652510
"Alright. I'll come back for it next time I'm escorting lost souls." I chuckle softly and let them finish their hugs. Then I don't have much time to dodge out of sight and fly off before dawn.

 No.652512

>>652511
You get back to the temple with minutes to spare. The Twins are waiting inside along with a bunch of your friends.
"Mom!"
"What were you doing!"
"Are you okay?"
"That was very dangerous!"
You can tell they're distressed. The Twins almost never have two different thoughts going when they speak. Your friends are pretty upset too, but also relieved that you're safe.

 No.652513

>>652512
"I.. may have made things harder for us.. Its a bit of a long story, but an exciting one. A good bedtime story to make up for worrying my sweet twins."
I hug them a little longer than usual, clearly exhausted from the adventurous night.

 No.652514

>>652513
they hug you back and your friends join in the hug too.
"We're glad you're safe."
"Very glad."
"Can we have a snack while you tell us?"
"Please?"
"Just this once?"
"Pretty please?"

You've been trying to get them to stop gorging on blood. They've told you that overindulging in that can cause a vampire's grip on their ponyness to lessen. On the other hand, both of them are giving you puppydog eyes.

 No.652515

>>652514
Those dastardly devils, however, I wound up tired and hungry myself after this..
"Ooh, alright, I suppose we can have snacks before bed this time. I'm a little hungry too after all."

 No.652516

>>652515
They hug you and each of them gather up one, then two, then three people; those greedy kids. They head to the secret passage down while the rest of your friends all offer to let you feed on them.

 No.652517

>>652516
I sigh and reply "Three is quite enough, we need some of you for the mornings.."
Sometimes I wonder if they aren't still hypnotized by being fed on so much.

 No.652518

>>652517
They aren't. They have told you that being fed on feels very, very good though. It's pleasurable for you too, but for them it must be much more so.

You all go down to the Twins' room. It's sort of like yours, but with more posters of attractive ponies and other races on the walls as well as a large bed in the corner and two coffins instead of one. The Twins each pick their first snack and wait for you to start the tale before biting.

 No.652519

>>652518
I just wonder sometimes..
"Alright, so I heard about how crime was getting worse in the city, but the guards aren't doing anything because they are short staffed, and no one will repair the walls. So.. I went to look around, and I saw a goat being chased! Yes, a cute goat, almost reminded me of my old friends.. I think that's why I swooped down to help him. It turned out that he was escaping kidnappers! Bandit kidnappers who wanted to random off hostages."
I make a dramatic motion with my hooves.
"So. I couldn't have that happening. I tracked down a bandit, hiding like a coward and tackled it right onto the ground. I bore my fangs at him and he gave up the location of the camp with the hostages."
I mimic how intimidating I was followed by a playful smile.
"So finding it wasn't a problem but.." I frown my ears flopping down. "The gryphon spotted me at first and I had to fight them all at once, seven on one, and I got pretty beat up, had to retreat and heal.. I did wind up freeing the hostages by coming back and taking out a couple of the bandits to get to the leader.. but she lost blood in the fight and I couldn't help it.. I fed on her.. everyone panicked and the bandits tried to burn me! Luckily the leader didn't die, I bandaged her up and went after the hostages. Powered my wings off and led them to the village."

 No.652520

>>652519
By the time you finish your tale the Twins have left two of their volunteers woozy and are sucking on the their last ones. The four they have fed on are listening too while resting on the bed and snacking on fruit the Twins keep around for such an occasion. They stop biting and one will lap at the holes while the other talks.
"Amazing!"
"That was cool!"

Your friends applaud and pat you on the back.

 No.652521

>>652520
Unlike you the Twins have yellow irises, protruding fangs, and muscles that stand out on their slightly thin bodies.

 No.652522

>>652520
I smile warmly at them all.
"Well thank you. It was a good night. I'm worried thou, a recent vampire sighting means that the town will be more prepared. We will have to be a more careful because of me.."

 No.652523

>>652522
They shrug.
"We will."
"Don't worry."

Before leaving you snack a little on each of the friends that came with you, not wanting to play favorite. Full, you retire to your coffin and go to sleep.

PAUSE

 No.654222

You wake up the next evening. One of the priests is by your coffin for breakfast. Your blood pool is full, but blood's still tasty.

 No.654227

>>654222
I have had plenty of blood, last night I fed on at least two ponies!
I politely shake my head at him. "Go to bed dear."

 No.654229

>>654227
"If you're sure."
He looks a little disappointed but obeys.

 No.654230

>>654229
Of course, they do love being fed on, maybe I should ask some of them to alter their diets..
I will stretch and go upstairs.

 No.654231

>>654230
You've not tried that yet. Then again, their diets are already pretty good considering they live in the Nature temple. The Twins think there's a diet to make people even tastier to vampires, but they don't know what it is.

Upstairs you find the normal people awake at this time of night. Many of them are helping replace the soil in a greenhouse and the Twins are helping.

 No.654232

>>654231
Oh! I'll go over and watch their progress like a proud mom.
"Been up long kids?"

 No.654233

>>654232
They set down their trowels.
"No."
"We just woke up."
"How about you?"
"When did you wake up?"

 No.654234

>>654233
"Just now, but don't let me interrupt. I'm too happy to see you working hard for the temple so early." '1d10' carefully walk around the garden checking it out.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.654235

>>654234
You keep stepping in the fresh soil on accident, but the people awake at this time of night are fond enough of you that they don't get mad.

 No.654236

>>654235
Maybe I should have drank a bit off that priest.. Is blood like coffee? Would it get my blood flowing?
Instead of causing more damage, I'll step back. "So, have you heard any news?"

 No.654237

>>654236
It's not exactly like anything from your mortal life, but drinking can be stimulating. You don't have flowing blood either but if you drink enough you've found that you can at least get it to slosh.
One of the priestess speaks while she fills in an imprint your hoof left.
"I heard that the guard is sending more troops to the farming district in case those kidnappers attack again."

 No.654238

>>654237
"Good idea, can't be too careful." I nod in approval.
"Is everything okay with the government?"

 No.654239

>>654238
She shrugs.
"What about the government? Personally, I think they're doing the best they can but their best isn't good enough."
One of the priests wipes some sweat off his brow.
"Nah-ah. I think they don't realize how bad the city is getting. Either that or they don't care."

 No.654240

>>654239
"I see, I just feel they are being strangely distant about it, but deploying more guards to prevent kidnapping is a good sign.." I ponder a moment.
"Kids, I'm going to town, stay safe." Kiss the twins on their foreheads.

 No.654241

>>654240
"You too."
"Don't stay out late tonight."

 No.654242

>>654241
Now.. I think I need to visit the market district.

 No.654243

>>654242
It's not as busy as you remember during the day, but there are a few late night shoppers and stores open to cater to them.

 No.654244

>>654243
I'll browse the open stores and keep alert, if the city is really bad then there will be something to notice.
'1d20'

Roll #1 18 = 18

 No.654245

You spend a while wandering around and making mental notes of people you seepickpocketing and people you see casing closed stores. You shouldn't have any trouble tracking these people down one at a time so long as you do so in the next few hours.

 No.654246

>>654245
Sounds a group of thieves, I will stalk one of them for a while and see where they go.

 No.654247

>>654246
You track a scruffy unicorn mare pickpocket for a while. Eventually she goes down a dark alleyway and meets up with a couple other pickpockets. They talk for a few seconds then start heading deeper into the network of alleyways.
Roll to stay unnoticed back here if you want to keep following them.

 No.654248

>>654247
'1d20' keep following them

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.654249

>>654248
You accidentally kick an empty can. They look over their shoulders and notice you for the first time.
[1d20]

Roll #1 17 = 17

 No.654250

>>654249
"Where'd she come from?"
"Who cares, let's rob her!"

The three of them advance on you. The unicorn mare and a zebra mare have wooden clubs. An earth pony pulls a switchblade.

 No.654251

>>654250
"You don't need to rob an old lady like me.." then strike them when they get close.
'2d6' on the unicorn '2d6' on the zebra, '2d6' on the earth pony

Roll #1 6, 4 = 10 / Roll #2 4, 4 = 8 / Roll #3 3, 1 = 4

 No.654252

>>654251
Unicorn [1d6]
Zebra [1d6]
Earth [1d6]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 3 = 3 / Roll #3 4 = 4

 No.654253

>>654251
They didn't expect you to fight back, and really didn't expect you to fight back so well. The earth pony manages to cut you with the switchblade but you find time to kick him while beating down the other two.

They throw down their weapons.
"Stop, we surrender!"
"Are you a guard?"

Unicorn 1/3
Zebra 1/3
Earth 2/3

 No.654254

>>654253
"retired adventurer actually." I smile. "Who are you lovely ponies?"

 No.654255

>>654254
The zebra mare sniffs and her eyes water.
"We're just poor folk trying to make ends meet, miss."
The earth pony nods.
"Yeah, we didn't mean to really hurt you. Only rough you up a bit."

 No.654256

>>654255
"Relax, I don't want to hurt you either."
"I just want to know if you're working solo, or in a guild or something.."

 No.654257

>>654256
"Wellllllll…"
"It's not a guild or anything."
"But we were on our way to a meeting. We've got to give the top dogs a cut of our earnings."
"We can sneak you in if you promise to not tell on us."

 No.654258

>>654257
"Hmm, that sounds prefect. I would love to know what kind of pony these top dogs are."

 No.654259

>>654258
"Well that's just it."
"They're diamond dogs.
"If they were ponies they'd be top ponies."
The three of them lead you through the alleyways until they reach a nondescript cellar door. They give a coded knock and a goat opens it. They head inside with you, but several armed people stop you once you're down there.
"Hey, new girl. If you want in you've got to pay up."
"It don't have to be in cash, neither, heheheh~"
You are confronted by two brutish earth pony stallions. They look like tougher customers than those thieves, but still no match for you.

 No.654260

>>654259
I roll my eyes, walking past them with out mind.
"As if I'd fall for that old trick. Wouldn't the dog get upset at you stealing their cut like this?"

 No.654261

>>654260
One of the stallions steps in front of you. He's taller than you.
"Nope, this is a membership fee."

The zebra mare nods her head.
"Just pay them so we can go in. They always do this to new people."

 No.654262

>>654261
Grumble and give them whatever spare change I have, staring at their faces hard to memorize them.
"I won't forget this."

 No.654263

>>654262
"Come visit us some time~"
They laugh and let you pass, but one swats your rear with a hoof. The four of you can now move onto the next room.

 No.654264

>>654263
I will let it slide, drawing too much attention would be bad.
"So, anything else I should know?" I ask my three tour guides as we move on.

 No.654265

>>654264
"If the top dogs notice you're new they'll have you do a robbery to prove you really want to be one of us. You don't get to say no, so keep your head down if you want to keep it."

 No.654266

>>654265
I nod slowly and try to blend in to the crowd, pull a hood over my head and stay between those three.
'1d20' rollin.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.654267

>>654266
In the next room there are a dozen poor looking pickpockets here, most of which you recognized from the streets. There's also two diamond dogs, a bitch and a stud, wearing spiky collars and beige vests standing up on a platform in the middle of the room. They spot you right away.
"You! New pony! You want to make a living on the streets, huh?"

 No.654268

>>654267
I am not a very stealthy pony it seems. Still I'll act interested.
"Of course, isn't that why we're all here?"

 No.654269

>>654268
They both nod.
"That's right. You're all here because stealing's the only thing you're good at!"
"And if you stop stealing for us-"
The bitch draws a claw across her throat.
"New pony, go rob Nurn's Used Goods for us! Bring back all the cash and valuables by sunup or else!"
"And don't trying going to the guards, either! It won't help you any!"

 No.654270

>>654269
This gang is pretty harsh. I guess saying I'm only good at fighting won't work here..
"Hmm, so where's the part where I get something out of this?"

 No.654271

>>654270
"You get to steal on our streets, pony! That's what you get!"
The other thieves put a little distance between you and themselves.

 No.654272

>>654271
"Yea, but what if I was in trouble? You saying you don't care of your own here?" I scowl at her.

 No.654273

>>654272
"Of course we take care of our own."
"But you aren't our own! Not yet, anyways. If you want to leave, the exit's that way."
The diamond dog points at another door. A third diamond dog with an axe is standing next to it grinning at you.

 No.654274

>>654273
I kind of look at each of them puzzling what to do and then nod.
"Fine, before sunrise? That's plenty of time.."

 No.654275

>>654274
"Then get to it. Good luck, pony."
"Now the rest of you! Pay up!"
The rest of the thieves start shuffling forwards to pay their cuts.

 No.654276

>>654275
Well, now I'm involved with this, I better check out the Used Goods store.

 No.654277

>>654276
You passed it a few times while exploring the market district earlier. It's closed right now but you can see lights on in the upper windows. The owner must live above the shop. The front door has a big glass window that could be broke but is facing the street, which is mostly empty right now. There's also a back door in the alley.

 No.654278

>>654277
Sure, but then they would hear me and come down and I could try hypnotizing them, but I never used that trick yet..
look for another way inside '1d20'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.654279

>>654278
One of the upstairs windows is open. There's no one in that room. You can see a hallway through an open door and the stairs down on the other side of that. You can also hear voices from the hall, though.

 No.654280

>>654279
Worth a try.. I'll use the bat wings and fly up to that window. '1d20'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.654281

>>654280
You silently get to the window, but make some noise while crawling through it.
[1d20]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.654282

>>654281
It doesn't sound like the people up here noticed. In fact, they're being so loud you can afford to make some noise.

 No.654283

>>654282
Maybe I sneak down to the lower floor where the store is if its like that.. '1d20'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.654284

>>654283
You clop out of the room and into the hall. While there you hear the people in another room saying some pretty interesting things. It seems like this shop is owned by a fence, someone who buys stolen goods. One of them is also saying that "Poochy" just sent word a new thief was going to be robbing this and that they should probably go stand guard soon to make sure the thief has at least some talent.

 No.654285

>>654284
Ah, so this is just their usual test, I should have known.
At least I'm not robbing some innocent ponies for this.. plan.
What else is around here?

 No.654286

>>654285
The room you entered through is empty. The other doors are shut. The hallway lacks furnishings of any sort. The door at the end of the hallway is closed and you can hear the voices from behind that. There's another closed door up here that you can choose to look behind. There are also stairs leading down to the store floor.

 No.654287

>>654286
Check the other closed door up here.

 No.654288

>>654287
You see several chests up here. Your adventurer senses tells you that they contain loot.
You can hear the people in the next room start to move. You need to choose between robbing this room or completing the mission you were sent on.

 No.654289

>>654288
I suppose I can always come back another time..
I'll complete the mission, to the stairs I go.

 No.654290

>>654289
You quickly move down the stairs. This should be easy enough. Force open the cash register, grab a few shiny looking things, and get out the back door.

 No.654291

>>654290
I bet they have a trap.. '1d20' spot check the area just in case.

Roll #1 12 = 12

 No.654292

>>654291
You find an alarm system rigged to the cash register and quickly disarm it.

 No.654293

>>654292
There we go, now just grab the valuables for the mission.. and get out before they can check on me.. thieving isn't so hard after all.

 No.654294

>>654293
You grab the cash and some loot and head out the backdoor as the people are coming down the stairs. You can hear them curse.

 No.654295

>>654294
Not like they won't get it back!
Time to turn in this stuff back the hideout.

 No.654296

>>654295
The diamond dogs are surprised to see you back so soon.
"Well well! You're a natural!"
"You'll get rich quick if you stick with us, kid."

 No.654297

>>654296
I tilt my head getting closer to them. "It would be rude to keep my new friends waiting, wouldn't it? Now how much of the city is yours exactly..?"

 No.654298

The list out a section of the Market district. It's not all that big, but still bigger than you expected. The guards really are losing control of the city.

 No.654299

>>654298
"Impressive! Way better than those rogues in Canterlot were doing." I compliment them. "You must have a portion of the guard in your pocket by now?"

 No.654300

>>654299
They laugh.
"That's for us to know and you to find out!"

 No.654301

>>654300
"What's wrong, don't want to show off how strong you are?"
"Or maybe you aren't actually all that strong. You know those canterlot guys had connections to the staff of the Princess, and one of the guard captains, even thou they had to keep their territory smallish, they had a surprising amount of pull."

 No.654302

>>654301
[1d20]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.654303

>>654301
They crack their knuckles.
"You want to repeat that pony?"
"We'll show you how strong we are."
The few thieves left in here are giving you a very wide berth now.

 No.654304

>>654303
"Thanks for telling me all I needed to hear. I'll be back when I feel like it."
walk away from these doges.

 No.654305

>>654304
[1d20]

Roll #1 15 = 15

 No.654306

>>654304
>>654305
They act tough and make a few threats but don't try to stop you.

You've still got a few hours of night left.

 No.654307

>>654306
Sounds like enough time to stop at the residential area, anyone still awake here?

 No.654308

>>654307
There's always at least a few people awake, although these few people don't seem the law abiding sort. They aren't doing anything illegal, but you get that feeling from them. There are also guard patrols. They are more frequent than in the Merchant district but not as much as one might like.

 No.654309

>>654308
I'll talk to one of the residents who's alone.
"Hey, having a good evening?"

 No.654310

>>654309
The pegasus, who is leaning against a lamp post, nods.
"Oh, yeah, I'm doing fine. You?"

 No.654311

>>654310
"Its been a bit of a long night.. you know? Things aren't bad for me, but I had to help out a pal with a problem.. you ever have that kind of night?"

 No.654312

>>654311
He nods.
"Yeah, I think so."

 No.654313

>>654312
"Just me, or does it seem to happen a lot more these days? And did you hear about the kidnapping? Right outside of gates. How does that happen?"

 No.654314

>>654313
He shrugs.
"This city's seen better days. Elections are coming up soonish, though, so I doubt many of the current council members will stay in if this keeps up."

 No.654315

>>654314
"I dunno, if they don't care about us, then will anything really change?"

 No.654316

>>654315
He shakes his head.
"I guess that's what we'll find out. If not, I'm sure the next council will fix things up."

 No.654317

>>654316
"But what about you, you notice or hear anything in particular around the residential area?"

 No.654318

>>654317
He nods.
"Lots of mugging, breaking and entering, and that sort of thing."

 No.654319

>>654318
"Hmm.." Is the residential area include in the streets that the doges gave me?
"Anyone trying to investigate that?"

 No.654320

>>654319
No, their territory is only in the Market district.
"In theory, but there's too much crime and not enough guards."

 No.654321

>>654320
Man, there really is a lot of crime in this city.
"I see.. well keep your eyes open."

I'll see if one of the guards is free.

 No.654322

>>654321
He nods.

You find a pair of patrolling guard ponies.
"Can we help you, citizen?"

 No.654323

>>654322
"Actually. I was wondering if you were looking into the robberies around here lately.."

 No.654324

>>654323
He puts on a blank face.
"All questions about investigations should be addressed to public relations in the government seat during business hours."

 No.654325

>>654324
I sigh at the routine response. Putting a gentle tone on and fluttering my eyes at him with a blush. "Aw, you can tell me, I just want to hear about how interesting your job is after all.."
'1d20'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.654326

>>654325
He sighs.
"All questions about investigations should be addressed to public relations in the government seat during business hours. Now unless you have anything to report we need to get back to patrolling."

 No.654327

>>654326
"Oh, alright then." Let him go on his way. I will just do some patrolling of my own. '1d20'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.654328

>>654327
You spend quite a while patrolling but never come across a crime in progress. Dawn is coming soon, you better get back to the temple.

 No.654329

>>654328
Still, pretty good progress for today. Back home we fly.

 No.654330

>>654329
The Twins are waiting for you outside when you get back.
"There you are."
"Better than last night."
"But we were still worried."
"You could have come back sooner."

 No.654331

>>654330
Give them both a sleepy hug.
"Sorry to worry you. I was investigating the city, there are at least two different groups of thieves, its pretty insane out there."

 No.654332

>>654331
"That sounds bad."
"Very bad."

 No.654333

>>654332
"Yea, the way things are.. I don't think I can sit by and watch our city suffering like this.
"Say, how about we get some more diverse fruits around the temple, I know you have oranges in your room, but that must get boring for the priestesses after a while? Maybe a nice fruit salad would boost their energy even!"

 No.654334

>>654333
They look at the sky.
"Isn't it a bit late to pick fruits?"
"I already had a fruit picked out for today."
"Shush."
"No."

 No.654335

>>654334
"Maybe tomorrow then. I used to really love apples. So many ways to prepare an apple too, pies, muffins, sliced with a sweet cinnamon glaze.." I smile at the memory.
"I could leave a recipe or two with the priests and ask them to try it."

 No.654336

>>654335
"And then we could try them?"
"I like the way you think."
They both yawn.
"Goodnight, mom."
"Goodnight."
They start heading towards one of the secret staircases.

 No.654337

>>654336
"Sleep easy my twins." I nod to them as they go.
I haven't felt the need to feed tonight.. but I could still talk to the priests who are next up for feeding duties. They might even be awake at this odd hour.

 No.654338

>>654337
A few are. There's a mix of races and genders available if you want to pick one in particular.

 No.654339

>>654338
I'll approach one of the earth pony mares, smiling gently at her, barely showing my small fangs. "Why hello, you look very nice tonight. Is that a new mane style?"

 No.654340

>>654339
She looks a little tired but perks up some when you approach.
"It is! Thank you for noticing!"

 No.654341

>>654340
"I really like.. the way it falls on your neck, and the way it follows your muzzle a bit." I gently touch her mane with a hoof, patting out the fizzy parts that naturally happen after a long day of wear.
"Something on your mind got you up?"

 No.654342

>>654341
She smiles.
"That means a lot to me, priestess Andelia."
She stretches her neck out, making it more available, when you touch her mane.
"No mam. Us feeders have an odd sleep schedule to keep up with you and the Twins."

 No.654343

>>654342
"Of course. You're my friends too, so if something was bothering you.. don't hide it from me." I carefully sniff her to determine blood quality, and let myself partially drain her.
'1d20'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.654345

>>654343
She's Nourished, and therefore delicious.
"I wouldn't hide anything from you. Mmm~"
She sighs pleasantly when you bite her. Feeding when your hungry feels good, but feeding when you're already full? The Twins warned you about this and for good reason: You're tempted to keep drinking. With your blood pool overfilled to the maximum level you feel almost alive again, and full of warmth.
The mare smiles when you're finished.
"A pleasure to serve, Andelia."

 No.654348

>>654345
"Of course, could you do me one favor?" I say wrapping a bandage over her bite. "I was thinking about all the foods I loved when I was alive, and I wanted to try sharing them with you, but I'm never awake during the day to get the ingredients. If I leave you the recipes, could you and the others try them out?"

 No.654349

>>654348
She nods.
"Of course."

 No.654350

Paused. You get one skillpoint.

 No.654351

>>654349
>>654350
I leave her a few apple themed recipes and head to bed.

 No.655612

It's a brand new evening. You went to bed full, but there's still a priest here offering you breakfast if you want it.

 No.655613

>>655612
I push him away gently. "Not today dear, I'm still full."
Then stretch and smooth out my mane. "Have you seen the today's paper?"

 No.655614

>>655613
He nods.
"There was nothing unusual. Just more of the same."

 No.655615

>>655614
"Ah, alright. Are the twins up already?"

 No.655616

>>655615
He nods.
"Shall I tell them to wait down here for you?"

 No.655617

>>655616
"Sure, tell them I'll be by once I'm dressed."
I kiss his cheek with a smile as I stretch. "What do you think, blue or yellow?"

 No.655618

>>655617
He taps his chin with his hoof.
"Hmmm. Blue."

 No.655619

>>655618
I smile at him and wear my blue vest with the pockets for all kind of things, tying my mane with a blue ribbon.
"There.. "
After doing a spin I head for the door and to the twins' room.

 No.655620

>>655619
He leaves to let the Twins know to stay put. When you get there the Twins are alone and lounging around waiting.
"Good evening, mother."
"Sleep well?"

 No.655621

>>655620
"I had this dream actually. Of a waterfall. It was peaceful." Take a seat by them.
"What are you two planning tonight?"

 No.655622

>>655621
You sit between them and they both sit down and lean against you.
"Playing games."
"Goofing around."

 No.655623

>>655622
I smile proudly and wrap my hooves over them enjoying this moment.
"Alright, you kids enjoy being kids."
"I think I'm going to patrol over the outskirts tonight, see if any new problems are arriving."

 No.655624

>>655623
They hug you back.
"We will."
"Very much."
"You have fun too."
"And stay safe."

 No.655626

>>655624
I give them each a long hug.
"It should be pretty safe out there, plenty of places to hide if its not, I'll see two you before dawn."

Then trot out to the surface. Use a blood to pop the bat wings out.

 No.655628

>>655626
You summon your wings under the moonlight.

 No.655629

>>655628
Time to go fly around the outskirts of town.
'1d10' rolling

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.655630

'1d20'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.655631

>>655630
Your flight is seen by a small group of people working late out in the fields. They take off running for a nearby farmhouse.

 No.655632

>>655631
I really am getting spotted too much.. Maybe I should follow them. Make them forget..
'1d20' try to follow them

Roll #1 14 = 14

 No.655633

>>655632
There are four of them; all earth ponies.
You catch up and can choose to land in front of them or try and keep them out of the house some other way, or let them reach the house.

 No.655634

>>655633
Land in front of them and put a hoof up.
"Stop!"

 No.655635

>>655634
They screech to a halt. Your yellow irises glow in night and your fangs reflect the moonlight. The four ponies hold their farming tools in front of them protectively.

 No.655636

>>655635
"Stand down. There isn't any need for panic." '1d20' try to convince them to drop their weapons.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.655637

>>655636
"She's lying!"
"She'll turn us into her minions!"
"Get her!"
All four of them attack.
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]

Roll #1 5, 2 = 7 / Roll #2 3, 5 = 8 / Roll #3 1, 6 = 7 / Roll #4 4, 5 = 9

 No.655638

>>655637
'4d6' one for each and then '2d6' specifically at the first one, try to KO them.

Roll #1 5, 6, 5, 5 = 21 / Roll #2 3, 3 = 6

 No.655639

>>655638
You fight hard to keep them from hurting you and to keep you from hurting any of them too much.
Pony 1: 1/3
Pony 2: 2/3
Pony 3: 3/3
Pony 4: 3/3

"Protect the mares and foals!"
"Kill the monster!"
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]

Roll #1 6, 6 = 12 / Roll #2 2, 6 = 8 / Roll #3 6, 6 = 12 / Roll #4 4, 6 = 10

 No.655640

>>655639
Alright. I keep trying not to get too hurt here.
"I said stop!"
'2d6' at the first one
'1d6' at the second
'2d6' at the third
'1d6' at the fourth

Roll #1 4, 3 = 7 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 4, 6 = 10 / Roll #4 6 = 6

 No.655641

They manage to encircle you and start hacking you apart with hoes and shovels. You take some serious damage to your body.

Remember that you can spend blood to get health at a 1:1 ratio.

"Never, fiend!"
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]

Roll #1 6, 4 = 10 / Roll #2 4, 3 = 7 / Roll #3 2, 5 = 7 / Roll #4 5, 2 = 7

 No.655642

>>655641
I need to spend a little blood to heal, but I also want to try to lure them away, dart into the woods.
'6d6' keep them from hurting me.
'1d20' for escape flight
"Just try and catch me earthies!"

Roll #1 6, 1, 3, 3, 2, 5 = 20 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.655643

>>655642
You spend six blood to heal yourself completely then take three more hits. When you try to fly away they keep you from escaping.

[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]

Roll #1 6, 5 = 11 / Roll #2 6, 2 = 8 / Roll #3 3, 2 = 5 / Roll #4 4, 6 = 10

 No.655644

>>655643
'4d6' focus on the first one.
'1d6' for the second and '1d6' for the fourth

Roll #1 5, 3, 5, 2 = 15 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 6 = 6

 No.655648

>>655644
The first one fights hard and manages to hurt you while staying safe. The second and four ones also hurt you but you manage to counter an attack from the fourth one.
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]

Roll #1 6, 4 = 10 / Roll #2 3, 3 = 6 / Roll #3 2, 4 = 6 / Roll #4 5, 1 = 6

 No.655649

>>655648
'3d6' on the second one
'3d6' spread between the other three
'1d20' try to fly into the woods again

Roll #1 3, 5, 1 = 9 / Roll #2 5, 4, 2 = 11 / Roll #3 20 = 20

 No.655651

>>655649
You manage to knock out the first after he hits you again. You get roughed up some more but are able to hurt the second one before vanishing into the night sky.

Your body is badly torn up.

Pony 1: 0/3
Pony 2: 1/3
Pony 3: 3/3
Pony 4: 3/3

 No.655654

>>655651
I stop in a tree and catch my breath.

 No.655655

>>655654
You have no breath to catch, but find yourself doing it anyways and making a strange whistling from several holes in your chest. Your stomach, particularly exposed to the night air, growls.
Your body has obviously mortal wounds in it. Any attempts to pretend to be alive will fail automatically.

 No.655657

>>655655
I need to feed on someone.. I don't think I can spare the blood to heal anymore, so I'll just wait for a moment, listen for anyone following '1d20'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.655658

>>655657
You spend hours waiting but no one comes your way.

 No.655659

>>655658
Okay.. this is a bust. I'm going home.

 No.655661

>>655659
You take flight and land back at the temple. As soon as your condition is seen dozens of clergy and paladins rush to your aid.

 No.655664

>>655661
I let them tend to me, standing still while they apply bandages and such. "I'm.. really hungry.."

 No.655665

>>655664
They haven't been trying to bandage you, as that would do no good. Several buffalo muscle their way to the front and offer to let you fee on them.

 No.655666

>>655665
I eagerly drain the left most buffalo, go for a large draining.

 No.655668

>>655666
You sink your fangs into his large neck and start sucking. Your body knits itself together. Once it stops you let go and let the buffalo stagger away.
You're still very hungry.

 No.655669

>>655668
Heal as much as I can with this much and then go to the second buffalo and feed on him, large feeding again.

 No.656265

>>655669
You grab his neck and start sucking. His red, hot blood fills your belly to its fullest. You feel like you can gorge a little without hurting him, but are in control enough to resist.

 No.656266

>>656265
I step back from them and check myself over, did I manage to heal up completely?

 No.656267

>>656266
You're right as rain.

 No.656268

>>656267
"I feel better, that was quite a scare thou.. ponies really are more alert for vampires lately.."

 No.656269

>>656268
They all huddle around you and give a group hug.
"We're glad you're okay."
"Maybe you should stay in a while? I'm sure the city can handle itself."

 No.656270

>>656269
Hug them each back. "It does kind of seem like they don't want my help.."
Then shake my head. "That's not the right logic to have, I will just be more careful."

 No.656271

>>656270
"Well, be careful."
"Maybe you should wear your old armor and weapon? We have them around."

 No.656272

>>656271
"Yea, that might help actually. I could convince some adventurer to go with me, going alone was always risky when I was alive, and its not that different now.."

 No.656273

>>656272
They nod.
"And no one would ask what happened to the adventurer if he found out what you are either. Good thinking, my lady."

 No.656274

>>656273
"Adventurers tend to be and odd bunch anyway.. they might have secrets of their own."
Time to see if that old armor still fits.

 No.656275

>>656274
You've slimmed down some on a modest diet of blood, but after tightening some straps it fits pretty well. Your spear is still sharp, too.

 No.656276

>>656275
"There, I look just like I used too." I poke my fangs a bit in the mirror and practice smiling without showing them.
"I'll be back in a little while." Head toward the city again.

 No.656277

>>656276
No mater how hard to try you can't keep your fangs from showing when you smile.
"Stay safe!"

Fly or walk?

 No.656278

>>656277
Fly until I get near the lights of town, then walk.
'1d20'

Roll #1 15 = 15

 No.656279

>>656278
You fly over to the residential section and land in an alleyway. No one saw you.

 No.656280

>>656279
I will dismiss these bat wings for now, and go to the nearest tavern.

 No.656281

>>656280
You spot a few taverns in the poorer parts of down, pubs in the middle class areas, and a few late night wine bars where the houses are a bit fancier.

 No.656282

>>656281
Try a pub, there should be plenty of different ponies in a middle ground type of place like that.

 No.656283

>>656282
You head into the pub. There's no locals drinking at this time of night, just a few adventurers who are already halfway into their bottles of choice.
On a notice board you see a flier saying that the local area council will be meeting here two nights from now. You'll have to wake up early to get there if you want to attend.

 No.656284

>>656283
That sounds interesting, take one of those fliers, and then sit down with one of these adventurer ponies.
"Hey."

 No.656288

>>656284
She looks up from her drink at you.
"Wha-chu wan' missy?"
[1d20-5]

Roll #1 7 - 5 = 2

 No.656289

She doesn't notice your fangs.

 No.656290

>>656289
As long as I don't smile, just nod to her drink.
"Been a long road?"

 No.656291

>>656290
Maybe eve if you do. She's pretty wasted.
"'S road? I'sh been here all day."

 No.656292

>>656291
"Oh? What are you waiting around here for? You don't look like the type to sulk about."

 No.656293

>>656292
"'m bored. Nob'dy's hirin' adventures rich now. The parties're all full."

 No.656294

>>656293
"Wanna go adventure with me? I heard a rumor about some monsters in the woods."

 No.656295

>>656294
"S-sure! But I getsh half the lootsh!"
She staggers out of her seat and grabs her axe off the table.

 No.656296

>>656295
"Sounds fair to me. Lets go!" steady her and start off to the ouskirts of town where troublemakers and monsters might go unnoticed.
'1d20'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.656297

>>656296
You let her lean against you while slowly making your way back to the outskirts of the Farming District.
"Where'sh the monshersh?"

 No.656298

>>656297
"I dunno, maybe they ran away because we're so tough!" I laugh and look closer to the tree line for signs of trouble. '1d20'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.656299

>>656298
[1d20+2]

Roll #1 13 + 2 = 15

 No.656300

>>656298
>>656299
You don't find trouble, but trouble finds you. Several people dressed like bandits step out of the forest.
"Well well well, partiers! Give us everything you've got or we'll cut your throats."

There's a unicorn, a donkey, a goat, and a diamond dog.

 No.656301

>>656300
"Not happening. Why don't you give up instead?"
'4d6' focus on the unicorn
'1d6' for the goat
'1d6' for the diamond dog

Roll #1 2, 6, 1, 6 = 15 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 3 = 3

 No.656302

>>656301
The mare attacks The goat.
[2d6-1]

The four bandits attack.
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]

Roll #1 3, 2 - 1 = 4 / Roll #2 6, 6 = 12 / Roll #3 4, 1 = 5 / Roll #4 4, 1 = 5 / Roll #5 3, 6 = 9

 No.656303

>>656301
>>656302
You focus on the unicorn but his magic protects him while two of the others strike you. The goat headbutts the mare.

Unicorn: 3/3
Donkey: 3/3
Goat: 3/3
Diamond Dog: 3/3

Mare: 3/4

 No.656304

>>656303
>>656302
'3d6' keep focusing on the unicorn
'1d6' for the goat
'2d6' for the diamond dog

Roll #1 3, 1, 1 = 5 / Roll #2 4 = 4 / Roll #3 1, 1 = 2

 No.656305

>>656304
The mare attacks the donkey this time.
[2d6-1]

The four bandits attack.
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]
[2d6]

Roll #1 6, 5 - 1 = 10 / Roll #2 4, 3 = 7 / Roll #3 5, 4 = 9 / Roll #4 1, 5 = 6 / Roll #5 1, 5 = 6

 No.656306

>>656305
>>656304
You trip and get stabbed a couple of times before you can stand back up.
The mare and donkey fight to a standstill.

 No.656307

>>656305
>>656306
I groan in pain, use a blood to heal, and try to focus the unicorn again.
'4d6'
'2d6' to counter incoming.

Roll #1 5, 3, 6, 6 = 20 / Roll #2 2, 1 = 3

 No.656308

>>656307
The mare keeps attacking the donkey time.
[2d6-1]

The four bandits attack.
[2d6] unicorn
[2d6] donkey
[2d6] goat
[2d6] diamond dog

Roll #1 1, 4 - 1 = 4 / Roll #2 5, 1 = 6 / Roll #3 2, 2 = 4 / Roll #4 3, 4 = 7 / Roll #5 5, 5 = 10

 No.656309

You nearly take out the unicorn, but in your fury the other bandits sneak in several blows that leave your body looking pretty damaged.
"Keep going, she'll die anyways!"
The mare manages to hurt the donkey.

Unicorn: 1/3
Donkey: 2/3
Goat: 3/3
Diamond Dog: 3/3

Mare: 3/4

 No.656310

>>656309
This spear has to be good for something..
'3d6' for the unicorn
'3d6' to counter the other three

Roll #1 6, 6, 4 = 16 / Roll #2 5, 3, 4 = 12

 No.656311

>>656310
The mare keeps attacking the donkey time.
[2d6-1]

The four bandits attack.
[2d6] unicorn
[2d6] donkey
[2d6] goat
[2d6] diamond dog

Roll #1 2, 2 - 1 = 3 / Roll #2 5, 2 = 7 / Roll #3 1, 1 = 2 / Roll #4 4, 5 = 9 / Roll #5 5, 1 = 6

 No.656312

>>656311
"Come on, just give up already." Keep poking them, go for a smack on the head with the unicorn to KO it.
'2d6' unicorn
'2d6' goat
'2d6' diamond dog

Roll #1 6, 5 = 11 / Roll #2 1, 1 = 2 / Roll #3 5, 3 = 8

 No.656313

>>656312
The mare keeps attacking the donkey time.
[2d6-1]

The four bandits attack.
[2d6] unicorn
[2d6] donkey
[2d6] goat
[2d6] diamond dog

Roll #1 6, 1 - 1 = 6 / Roll #2 3, 1 = 4 / Roll #3 6, 5 = 11 / Roll #4 6, 3 = 9 / Roll #5 2, 6 = 8

 No.656314

You knock out the unicorn, but take more damage. Your body should obviously be dead at this point.

The mare gets hit.

Unicorn: 0/3
Donkey: 2/3
Goat: 3/3
Diamond Dog: 3/3

Mare: 2/4

 No.656315

>>656313
burn two more blood to heal.
'4d6' focus on the donkey.
'1d6' goat
'1d6' diamond dog

Roll #1 5, 1, 5, 4 = 15 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 2 = 2

 No.656316

>>656315
The mare keeps attacking the donkey time.
[2d6-1]

The three bandits attack.
[2d6] donkey
[2d6] goat
[2d6] diamond dog

Roll #1 6, 6 - 1 = 11 / Roll #2 2, 3 = 5 / Roll #3 4, 6 = 10 / Roll #4 5, 2 = 7

 No.656317

>>656315
>>656316
You knock the donkey out and the mare attacks the goat instead, but doesn't hurt it. The diamond dog stabs you.

Unicorn: 0/3
Donkey: 0/3
Goat: 3/3
Diamond Dog: 3/3

Mare: 2/4

 No.656318

>>656316
>>656317
I'm really getting tired here..
Adventurering isn't easy!
'3d6' dog
'3d6' donkey

Roll #1 6, 6, 1 = 13 / Roll #2 6, 1, 5 = 12

 No.668833

When last we met you encountered a drunk earth pony mare in an adventurer's bar. She was depressed by a lack of work, but the tangerine colored pony eagerly agreed to join you in a search for monsters. After reaching the outskirts of town you were attacked by bandits.

>>656318
The mare attacks the goat.
[2d6-1]
[2d6] goat
[2d6] diamond dog

Roll #1 6, 5 - 1 = 10 / Roll #2 2, 1 = 3 / Roll #3 5, 2 = 7

 No.668834

>>668833
'4d6' Keep the dog's attention while she does.

Roll #1 6, 4, 5, 2 = 17

 No.668835

>>656318
>>668833
You land several fast hits on the goat while the mare wallops him, knocking him out. You then turn on the diamond dog and manage to land a hit he can't counter.

Unicorn: 0/3
Donkey: 0/3
Goat: 0/3
Diamond Dog: 1/3

>>668834
He tries to burrow away.
[2d6]

The mare tries to stop him too.
[2d6-1]

Roll #1 3, 2 = 5 / Roll #2 6, 4 - 1 = 9

 No.668836

>>668834
>>668835
You subdue the dog before it can even dig a hole. Whatever bandits aren't unconscious are moaning and holding their wounds. The mare looks at you.
"You….your really fasht."

 No.668837

>>668835
>>668836
"I told you I'm an adventurer didn't I?" I giggle at her and give the bandits a look over, do they have a similar mark, brand, tattoo or such?

 No.668838

>>668837
Their armor looks to have all come from different sources, and most of it is in poor condition. They've all got a similar mark painted on it, and it's one you recognize instinctively: Tirek's unholy mark.

"Yeah, hey, are you okay? I shought you got shtabbed a few timesh."
She's right. You're a vampire so you're still on your hooves, but if she gets a chance to examine all the otherwise fatal wounds on you, even she will recognize something is up. As it is, your outfit and the darkness hides your wounds.

 No.668839

>>668838
"Yea.. They didn't hit me too hard, hey these are all Tirekians, would you go get a few guards or something to help out? I'll wait here with them."

 No.668840

>>668839
"TIREKIANSH? Yeah, shur, I'ma go get help."
She stumbles into a fencepost then off down the road towards the small farming village, leaving you all alone with these bleeding captives. Vampires are all creatures of Tirek, as therefor evil by default, but you and the Twins have managed to convert to Nature worship. The sight of the symbol is still unpleasant, though.

 No.668841

>>668840
No sense letting all that blood go to waste. Take one of the captives aside and drink from his wounds.
'1d20'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.668842

>>668841
You drag the knocked out goat away from the others and start lapping at a wound the mare gave him. His taste isn't that great, but it's not degenerate. Either way, you only gain a single point of blood from your partial draining of the small person.

Your sensitive ears still can't hear any sign of the mare's return, so you should have plenty of time to interrogate and/or feast should you want to.

 No.668843

>>668842
In addition, your worst wounds knit themselves shut while you drink up. Now you merely look roughed up.

 No.668844

>>668842
>>668843
I should start asking them questions. Sit up the dog first and pat his head a bit to get his attention. "Hey. Don't sleep. You're hurt."

 No.668845

>>668844
[1d20]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.668846

>>668844
>>668845
He fails to spot your fangs when you speak.
"Errrgh, why do you care? They're just going to toss me in the dungeon either way."

 No.668847

>>668846
>>668845
"Because you aren't dead yet." I reply and bandage him up.
"What were you doing out here anyway?"

 No.668848

>>668847
He growls at you while you bandage his tasty looking wounds.
"Oh, you know, picking flowers. Helping old women cross the street. Knitting."

 No.668849

>>668848
Frown at him, putting pressure against his worst wound, even through a bandage it should sting.
"What were you doing? Who were you doing it for?"

 No.668850

>>668849
He growls again.
"Arg, fine! We're here to rob and steal. Our leader thought the city would be weak after its troubles, and he was right!"

Pressing people for details is fine so long as you aren't too rough about it, but the Twins did warn you about brutality and outright torture leading to loss of Ponyness.

You still can't hear the mare or guards coming.

 No.668851

>>668850
I wasn't planning on being any rougher, but he doesn't have to know that..
"Your leader? Who?"

 No.668852

>>668851
He laughs in your face.
"Hah! I won't tell! He's scarier than you, the guards, and the dungeon all put together!"

 No.668853

>>668852
"Unless you're working for Tirek directly, Which I highly doubt, since he'd have little interest in petty theft. You're working for somepony."
"Just tell me a name, description.. I won't bring you up when I meet him."

 No.668854

>>668853
He shuts his mouth. You're going to have to find some way to either make him talk, or make him want to talk.

 No.668855

>>668854
I flick his nose with a hoof, "Bad."
Give him a fierce glare and push him down standing over him. "Do you know what happens to bad little tirekian mutts at night in the woods?"
'1d20' intimidate him

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.668856

>>668855
[1d20]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.668857

>>668855
>>668856
He wines when you flick his cold nose, but once you get him on his back he grins.
"We get pinned on the ground by lonely mares~? Hehehe, you're strong, even for an Earthie, but Scar's still stronger than you are."

 No.668858

>>668857
Sigh and shake my head at him.
"You're just a puppy, stay still and don't sleep. I'm going to check on your friends."
step away from him, and look in on the goat, donkey and unicorn, bandaging them if they are still alive.

 No.668859

>>668858
He says something rather rube to you as you leave. All of them are still alive and starting to wake up, and resentfully let you bandage them.

You can hear the mare returning. She sounds like she is talking to someone, but they're a ways off. You still have time left to question one more person if you are fast about it.

 No.668860

>>668859
The unicorn. Slide it closer to me and whisper.
"Listen. Between you and me, I've seen a lot of non-ponies go into those cells, with real aggression toward ponies, particularly magic ones. If you talk to me about Scar, before they can see you, I'll let you run away.. What do you think?"

 No.668861

'1d20' convincing deal

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.668862

>>668860
>>668861
She laughs at you.
"Nice try, but no cigar. I'll eat the liver of anyone down there that touches me."

They are close enough that you can hear the stomp of the guards hooves and clink of their armor. They'll come into sight of you very soon.

 No.668863

>>668862
"Alright.. If that's your choice. I doubt the guards will be this nice to some tirekian mare either."
'1d20'

Roll #1 13 = 13

 No.668864

>>668863
She stiffens up.
"Wait, guards? Uh, fine, I'll tell you what you want, just let me go!"

You'll need to drag her out of sight pretty quick if you don't want to be seen.

 No.668865

>>668864
Nod at her, and bring her out of sight.
Behind the trees should be fine.
'1d20' rollin for it too

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.668866

>>668865
You've got to move quick. Too quick, maybe. You lift her with a hoof and bound off the road and into the trees. When you finally put her down she's wide-eyed.
"What are you?"

 No.668867

>>668866
You can hear the guards and the mare arrive.

"Helooooooo? Mish, uhhhh….pony? Where are you?"

 No.668868

>>668867
>>668866
'1d20'
I stay really close so we can whisper.
"I'm the mare that wants to know about Scar."

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.668869

>>668868
[1d20]

Roll #1 12 = 12

 No.668870

>>668868
>>668869
She's still suspicious of you, but doesn't see your fangs.
"Fine, fine. He's a buffalo. Really big into Tirek, like, true believer big. He has us go around burning, pillaging, the whole nine yards. He figured he'd hit this city while it was down and maybe set himself up as its ruler. So far we've only been gathering recruits, weapons, money, yadda yadda. Our camp's about three miles east of that lake that looks like a tear, under the really thick canopy of trees."

You should be able to find that with a map.

 No.668871

>>668870
Smile at her.
"Thanks, go that way, I'll tell them I lost you the other way." I point a bit eastward and let her leave.

 No.668872

>>668871
She hastily scrambles off while glancing at you over her shoulder.

 No.668873

>>668872
Well, she seems okay enough to move anyway. Circle around so I am coming to the group from the west.
'1d20' ruffle up my mane a bit with leaves.
"Uggghh." I say loudly.

Roll #1 15 = 15

 No.668874

>>668873
You look like you came out of the wrong end of a fight. The drunk mare stumbles over to you while a guard not busy shackling the prisoners follows to make sure she doesn't hurt herself.
"You okay? Whersat unicorn go to?"
The guard, a pegasus stallion, looks you over.
"Are you feeling alright, mam? We can give you aid at the guardhouse."

 No.668875

>>668874
"I'm okay, she was more scared than sense. Starting running that way." Point west, behind me.
"Oh, looks like the others didn't go anywhere, good."

 No.668876

>>668875
The pegasus barks out some orders. He, as well as a gryphon, takes off and starts flying west. A zebra mare walks over to you while the drunken mare picks leaves out of your mane.
"I'm officer Zypher, mam. Can I have your name, occupation, and statement for the record?"
She pulls a pencil and notepad out of her saddlebag and gets ready to write.

 No.668877

>>668876
"Andelia. Nature Priestess. I just couldn't sit by while the city was facing such trouble." I reply with a smile.

 No.668878

>>668877
She nods and scribbles with the pencil in her mouth. She also does a quick sketch of you and writes off three tickets then puts them both back in her bag.
"I'm a devotee of Nature myself, but I don't have time for temple much these days. Still, if a priestess can find time to fight bandits, then maybe I can find more time myself."
She gives you the tickets.
"Turn these in at a bounty desk tomorrow in order to get your reward for these three bandits. See you at the temple, maybe."

The other guards have finished shackling the other prisoners by now. The zebra goes to join the convoy heading back into town.
The drunk mare has finished with your mane.
"Thish wa'sh great! Les go drunk s'mre to celebrate our muny."

 No.668879

>>668877
>>668878
It's currently midnight.

 No.668880

>>668878
"I look forward to it." I smile at the guard as she goes.

Shake my head at the drunk "Tsh, its almost closing time. We can catch a drink tomorrow, you like that bar right? We can meet back there."

 No.668881

>>668880
"Mmmm, okay. Whatshawanna do now?"

 No.668882

>>668881
"Now? We go home. You got a place to stay?"

 No.668883

>>668882
"Home? Ohhh yeah yeah yeah."
She pats your back.
"'m rentin' a lil pad. Howsabouch you?"

 No.668884

>>668883
"I stay at the temple usually.." let her lean on me a bit.
"You want to help getting to your pad?"

 No.668885

>>668884
This close you can smell the alcohol in her blood as well as you can on her breath.
"Y-hic-yeahhhhhhhhh. I wasn' gunna ashk but…where are we?"

 No.668886

>>668885
Snicker at her.
"Come on, lets get back to town. You're in the residential area yea?"
Start walking us to the city.

 No.668887

>>668886
She nods and nearly trips.
"Yeah, right nex'ta the gate."
During the trip she starts singing loudly and out of key. There's quite a bit of walking with just the two of you alone. Eventually you can see the gates in the distance. You can either head straight into the Market district now and make your way to the residential district, or head around the outside of the city until you get to the Residential district's gate.

 No.668888

>>668887
Keep outside of the city until we get to the residential district's gate.

 No.668889

>>668888
You do the polite thing and keep her out of the city. By the time you are going through the gate you've gotten her to shush, and by the time you've found her building and led her to her door she has sobered up. Well, sobered up a little bit.
"Thanksh again. Hey, what did you say your name wash? 'm Peach Dreamsh."
She sticks out a hoof to shake.

 No.668890

>>668889
"Andelia." I shake her hoof back. "Thanks for coming with me tonight Peach, I would have been in trouble alone against those guys."

 No.668891

>>668890
"Heheh, yeah, me too. Thash why we adventurers alwaysh shitck together."
She turns around and fumbles with the door nob, then finally gets it open. The room's cramped and stuffed with saddlebags, sleeping bags, and other traveling gear. She looks over her shoulder at you.
"Norm…normally I wouldn't shay thish, sinsh your a…holy pony an' all, but 'm drunk an' I jush got paid. You wanna have shum fun? Shpend the night?"

 No.668892

>>668891
"Giiirl, you are drunk. You know we just met right?" I tease her taking a second to look over her body, considering it.

 No.668893

>>668892
"Yeah, thash wh'makesh it sho fun~"
She's completely oblivious to you looking over her body, but tries to drunkenly pose for you anyways. The mare's got several scars on her from wounds that were healed normally instead of magically as well as more muscles than the average earth mare, but aside from that nothing that one might consider ugly. She's not a bombshell though.
It's a bit after one o'clock now. Staying the whole night is out of the question, of course, but chances are she won't be awake when the sun is rising either; and that's whether you stay or go.

 No.668894

>>668893
My eyes linger on her muscles and scars, a smile growing and I wrap a hoof around hers, flicking my tail over her legs.
"Well.. even a priestess could stand to relax a bit. Lead the way to our Dreams, Peach."

 No.668895

>>668894
"Ohhh, you charmer."
She flicks her tail over yours and stumbles into her room, bouncing off several things on the way to the bed.

Fade to black.

 No.668896

>>668895
Seems like I made a friend.~
After she falls asleep, I will pop out the bat wings and fly home.

 No.668897

>>668896
She's even got a window so you can visit her more easily in future nights! You make sure to close it after leaving then return to the temple. The Twins are off chasing each other through the woods, keeping their hunting skills sharp, and various clergy are going about nocturnal duties such as cleaning and caring for certain plants.

 No.668898

>>668897
I will go to one caring for plants.
"Good evening."

 No.668899

>>668898
It is a goat male. He smiles when he sees you.
"Good evening, sister Andelia. How was your time outside in the city?"

 No.668900

>>668899
"Productive. I helped arrest some Tirekians. Could I ask a small favor?"
I reply with a kind tone.

 No.668901

>>668900
His eyes light up and his heart rate increases slightly.
"Anything for you, miss Andelia!"

 No.668902

>>668901
"The ponies I caught had a bounty, but the office is only open during the day. Could you collect it for me?" Show him the slip.

 No.668903

>>668902
He nods excitedly.
"Of course! Do you want the money yourself or should I put it in the donation box?"

 No.668904

>>668903
"I'd like it. I have a feeling I might need it… though you can donate a little, say 10 percent?"

 No.668905

>>668904
"That sounds good to me, miss. Can I help you with anything else?"
He takes the slips.

 No.668906

>>668905
"Hmm, do we still have a map downstairs?"

 No.668907

>>668906
He nods.
"We sure do, miss."
The soft scent of the flowers, the chirping of birds, and the cool night breeze make this garden a very relaxing place.

 No.668908

>>668907
I could easily spend the night here.. relaxing.
"You've done a great job with the garden. All of you really. It makes me feel so at home.."
But for now I will make travel plans. I leave to go look at a map.

 No.668909

>>668908
"This is your home, miss Andelia!"
He hugs you before you leave.

One second for the map, I can't find the original.

 No.668910

>>668909
That's fine.
I will specifically be looking at how long of a journey going to the place by the teardrop lake is.

 No.668911

>>668910
You could make it with at most half an hour to spare before sunrise if you left now, but would of course not be able to return to the temple before the sun came up. Of course, if the lead bandit is really a devout Tirekian he should at least try to give you shelter. Vampires and other such monsters are holy to Tirekians, as they are typically so evil and hideous.

 No.668912

>>668911
I don't think I want to spend a day there..
I will just head down to bed early, read a book on Tirkeians perhaps to get more acquainted with how the buffalo might act, before I sleep.

 No.668913

'1d20'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.668914

>>668912
You grab a book and hop into your coffin. The Tirekians are evil, and expect monsters to be even worse. If you try visiting them as a vampire, any sign of weakness or niceness on your part might make them suspicious and violent.
After finishing it you feel familiar enough with the rituals and customs that you can blend in perfectly so long as you are willing to sacrifice some of your ponyness. As it is, reading this book has left you feeling a little bit more like a monster.

 No.668915

File: 1468280588041.png (19.78 KB, 1152x648, City.png)


 No.668916

>>668914
>>668915
I do need to get some info on what this guy is up too.. Its a good thing I have a distaste for Tirekians, I can use that feeling.
'1d20' rolling for sleep.

 No.669771

You wake up the next evening with a pegasus priestess ready to serve you breakfast, should you require it. You no longer dream, but reading that book before bed gave you troubled sleep nonetheless.

 No.669772

>>669771
Working alone means I can't just barge in and beat up the tirekians..
"Good Evening dear. You look very filling tonight." I say in a playful tone showing my fang to her, trying to make her anxious before biting her. Just for practice. '1d10' spook the pony
Partial feeding.

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.669773

>>669772
She's still newish, so you manage to spook her some. After grabbing her you sink your fangs in and she loosens up.
Willingly given blood is always so much better than taken or stolen blood. Go over your maximum blood pool, or stop at the max level?

 No.669774

>>669773
go over the max if partial takes me there, that lose a little bit of ponanity right?

 No.669775

>>669774
No loss to ponanity, but resisting your monstrous side will be harder for as long as all this hot, wonderful blood is sloshing around inside you. Mmmm, so tasty~

 No.669776

>>669775
Okay, it should make it easier for tonight then.
Help the pegasus clean up and get a bandage on.
"Hehe, your expression was too cute. Thanks for entertaining an old mare."

 No.669777

>>669776
The Twins taught you well; there's hardly any blood on the wound you bandage. She blushes.
"I'm glad I could help you have fun. You know, your eyes are a very striking yellow."

 No.669778

>>669777
"Oh? Thank you dear."
Yellow? I must be a little more monsterous than usual. I wonder if I have a dramatic cape lying around from a costume party.. '1d10' look in the closet

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.669779

>>669778
The Twins make sure you stay stocked with a wide variety of capes in different colors, cuts, and fabrics. You've got a variety of outfits to go along with them, too.
"You are welcome, miss. Shall I do your hair and makeup?"

 No.669780

>>669779
Look at the pegasus curiously
"You'd like too? I'm going for a bold, almost intimidating look tonight."

 No.669781

>>669780
She giggles.
"I'd say you can do that already, but I think I do give you the right look."
She grabs a comb and goes to work on your mane.

 No.669782

>>669781
How relaxing! Sit down to let her work.
"So, what's the latest rumor around the temple?"

 No.669783

>>669782
She prattles on about who is arguing with who, who's doing Nature rituals with who, who hasn't been seen in service lately, etc. Nothing that's actually seems relavent to the city at large.
Once she's done she lets you feel your mane. You can't see it, of course, but it seems like it looks rather severe and serious while it hands down one side of your neck. This will go well with the one of the heavier capes, and maybe a dark suit.

 No.669784

>>669783
Small talk usually isn't relevant to anything.
"Ooh, thanks. This feels very menacing."
I put on a dark dress and heavy cape.

 No.669785

>>669784
"It is! Is there anything else you need from me, miss Andelia?"

 No.669786

>>669785
"No. Get some rest." I reply and pat her head as I walk to the top.

 No.669787

>>669786
The Twins are at the door when she opens it. One of them wraps her under a wing and they walk over to you, each kissing you on a cheek.
"Good morning, mother."
"Good morning!"
"You got back late again."
"Pretty late."
"Did you have fun?"
"You look like you had fun."
They are looking at your eyes.

 No.669788

>>669787
Kiss their foreheads.
"I had a very busy night, and tonight is even more dangerous."
I pull them in close and whisper to them "I'm going to investigate a plot to attack the city."

 No.669789

>>669788
They perk up, forgetting the mare still under a wing.
"That's more than what we were going to do."
"More than who we were going to do."
"Should we come with you?"
"Do you need our help?"

 No.669790

>>669789
"Actually I could use the back up. Since it is under enemy territory, the tirekian temple."
I hum a bit.
"I was a little worried about going there alone."

 No.669791

The both exclaim at once.
"The Tirekian temple!"
The one holding the mare drops her.
"You are not going there alone."
"We are going too."

 No.669792

>>669791
I sigh in relief.
"Good, lets' get you something imposing to wear and I'll explain everything."

 No.669793

>>669792
They lead you to their room, chase out some oiled up paladins, then open their closests and start picking out what to wear.

 No.669794

>>669793
"There is a buffalo named Scar, he's supposed to be a tirekian, and have a whole bunch of bandits following him in this plan to kick the city while its down, maybe take over a part."
"I'm not sure how far along he is, so I don't know if how bad it will be to stop them. I planned to abuse the fact I'm a vampire to get him to talk to me about it."

 No.669795

>>669794
"That sounds smart."
"Smart, but."
"He'll expect us to act evil."
"We'd give ourselves away by being good."

 No.669796

>>669795
"I was reading that last night. I learned a little about their basic rituals.. but this won't be easy to do.."
I frown.
"Pretending to be the monsters we try everyday not to be. Maybe its a bad plan."

 No.669797

>>669796
"We know how to act."
"You can follow our lead."
"It's a good plan."
"But a dangerous one."

 No.669798

>>669797
"Alright. And nice choices, you both look pretty scary." I comment on their outfits.

 No.669799

>>669798
They do look scary. Despite lacking your yellow irises, they've got a look of serious menace to them that reminds you of your fight against the vampire that turned them, oh so long ago.
"You look scary too, mom."
"You look great."

 No.669800

PAUSED

 No.670545

You and the Twins are all dressed, fed, and ready for your trip deep into the forest outside the city to where you know the Tirekian raiders are camped out. You've been warned that keeping up your disguise may cost you some ponanity, but hopefully the payoff will be worth it. Although they are technically your sires, the Twins will follow your lead in this as they do in most things.

 No.670546

>>670545
Then let's hope we don't have to cause a scene.
To the Tirek temple.

 No.670547

>>670546
Wings, or do you walk?

 No.670548

>>670547
flying
'1d10' for sneaky flight

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.670549

>>670548
You and the non-pegasi twin burn a point of blood to sprout batwings and fly towards the encampment. You leave the city fine, but they see you landing and are waiting for your when you get there. A number of armed members of various races are waiting when you land, and view your bat wings with suspicion.
"Halt! State your business or die!"

The camp spills slightly out of the temples where the Tirkian werebeasts once made their layer. They moved on, as you know, a while back. You know better, but the visible camp seems only large enough to support maybe a half dozen people, not the dozen bandits facing you and the more you can see hiding in the darkness.

 No.670550

>>670549
Time to play up the drama a bit.
"Hello Mortals. We are here to speak with the Master of this encampment, so don't keep us waiting."
I reply stepping closer to them, spreading my wings and baring my fangs menacingly.

 No.670551

>>670550
The speaker, a heavily scared donkey, backs off then bows. The others follow suit as the Twins also step forwards and bar their fangs, hissing.
"O-o-o-of course, mistress! We are blessed to have our doorways darkened by the presence of you and yours! Please forgive my rudeness!"
He turns and shakily walks to the mouth of the cave as the other guards and observers part ways.

 No.670552

>>670551
After forming your wings, you have burned off the excessive blood and no longer feel like you slosh when you walk. The feeling of being so full of life, of blood, is something you miss during the flight there, but the feeling wanes.

 No.670553

>>670552
>>670551
This is almost too easy.. Keep a close eye on out for traps as I follow them inside.

 No.670554

>>670553
There aren't any traps that you see, except sleeping places for Tirekians that you wouldn't have expected. Inside you can smell blood, fresh and hold, over the smell of dozens of unwashed raiders. You can hear the echoing sounds of snorning thanks to most of them being asleep, as well as hushed sobbing. Maybe they have prisoners?
The gryphon leads you down the main tunnel, waking up others who draw weapons to attack him for waking them, then stopping when they see you and the Twins.
"Our leader, a buffalo, is inside. He is highly religious and will respect you, I'm sure."

 No.670555

>>670554
"I certainly hope so." I retort with a huff, pretending my anger at their violence is merely impatience.

 No.670556

>>670555
He leads you into the final chamber. Is is lit by oily torches that fill the top of the cavern with smoke. In a throne made of broken weapons, rocks, and a few bones lounges the largest, strongest, and most heavily scarred buffalo you have ever seen. He's twirling a knife around in his hoof while a bleeding earth stallion whimpers at his feet. Chained to the chair is a pegasus mare who has had the feathers on her wings cut, and has several half -healed cuts on her.
When the gryphon leads you in and opens his mouth the speak, the buffalo throws the knife and strikes the gryphon between his eyes, killing him.
"Why am I being interrupted at this time of night? He should have known better."
No one else followed you in, but you can hear them watching from the shadows in the tunnel leading here.

 No.670557

>>670556
"That's a shame. I prefer live food." I frown at the dead gyrphon and then glare at the buffalo boldly hoovering over his throne of weaponry.
"Command your minions to go away, I also prefer to speak without easedroppers."

 No.670558

>>670557
He squints at you.
"Vampires, hmm? Prove it! By Tirek, I smell something odd about the three of you, even if you outwardly look like vampires. Changelings, perhaps."
He laughs.
"Ohhh, it has been ages since I shucked a changeling."
He steps down from his throne and unchains the bleeding stallion, then kicks him towards the three of you.
"Drink! All of you! There should be just enough left inside him, I think."
The stallion looks absolutely terrified, as does the chained mare. If all three of you drink you're certain he won't survive.

 No.670559

>>670558
I land and walk around the bleeding pony, a sort of canter, making a point of showing off my wings and fang, and billowing the cape around with each movement.
'1d10' sniff him, what's his blood quality?

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.670560

>>670559
Low. Smells like he was a homeless bum.

 No.670561

>>670560
Roll him away giving my best 'disgusted' reaction. '1d10'
"What has he been eating? Weeds? I wouldn't drink that blood if I was dying."

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.670562

>>670561
You're afraid to hurt him, so you meekly push him away. The buffalo laughs.
"Hah! So you are a high class monster? I'll be good to have you, if you can prove your monstrous to me."
He cuts his leg and bleeds himself into three goblets scattered around his throne. The mare shakily delivers a cup to each of you.
"Now, drink!"
He grabs a mug of something and swings it. The twins sniff their mugs and make thoughtful faces.

 No.670563

>>670562
'1d10' give it a sniff test of my own, but drink it as long as its not actually dangerous

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.670564

>>670563
The blood quality is Upstanding, no doubt thanks to his devotion and his physical fitness. It also smells tainted, no doubt also due to his devotion. Drinking this will corrupt you and the Twins slightly.

 No.670565

>>670564
…Nature forgive me, but there is no reason for a vampire not to drink it, so I do it.

 No.670566

>>670565
It tastes good, even if you could have done without the corruption. High quality blood isn't something you are used to, but you've had it before.

The buffalo seems satisfied. He bows low.
"It's an honor to host your dark presences, by ladies and lord. How can this lowly worm be of service?"

 No.670567

>>670566
"I have heard that you are attempting to get a hoofhold in this city, this is.. interesting to us." I reply in an aloof tone. "Perhaps you can entertain us with your scheme for tonight."

 No.670568

>>670567
"Well, why not? The Nightmare tried and failed to grasp it. The Ram tried and failed. Now it's our turn, and we plan the greatest slaughter the continent has seen in centuries. The sewers will choke with gore and the streets will run run with blood. We will topple the buildings, steal their treasures, and sacrifice many to Tirek."

 No.670569

>>670568
Roll my eyes at him.
"I've heard it all before, rivers of blood, stolen riches. I thought you had something interesting, guess I was mistaken."

 No.670570

>>670569
He steps closer.
"Not interesting? But it's a city two other gods tried and failed to topple! Doing this would write my name in fire across History's naked back! They would hear and tremble even in distant Equestria of the rising of Tirek's power!"
Spittle flies from his lips as he shouts.

 No.670571

>>670570
Wipe away any droplets that fell on me. Sit down on a clean spot and stare expectantly.
"Fine, convince me of your greatness. I did come all this way to hear it."

 No.670572

>>670571
"You did?"
He looks pleased.
"Of course you did! My name is Scar, the scourge of port Arthas! I joined this group and a nobody and murdered my way to the top! I've taken dozens of slaves and killed hundreds of people by myself alone, and my band has done many times that!"

 No.670573

>>670572
"Really? You must be quite clever to survive so many battles." Nod at his embellishment.
"You must have a grand plan to deal with the local temples!"

 No.670574

>>670573
He nods.
"The idiots let a temple of Tirek be built. The local believers will help us storm and raze all the temples in the city, no matter what kind of fight their protectors put up."
He waves a hoof and the mare walks fowards. He grabs her and throws her towards the three of you.
"Here, a gift! Unlike the other, she was no vagrant we grabbed. She's a skilled slave but I can train more."
She looks resigned to her fate.

 No.670575

>>670574
Touch the mare, checking her temperate and blood quality. Stop myself just short of thanking him.
"She is acceptable."
"You plan is simple, but might prove effective if you truly rally the support of local worshipers.. What about the guards? Do they bow to you?"

 No.670576

>>670575
Her blood is average. The Twins sniff her neck too, but compose themselves and do nothing stereotypically Twinish. He looks happy with your acceptance.
"Hah! They'll grovel when they don't have any legs left"

 No.670577

>>670576
"Wait. Will? So you just plan to overwhelm them.." sigh a bit. "Perhaps, its elegant in its simplicity, I'll look forward to hearing of your success. Scourge of Arthas, Scar."

 No.670578

>>670577
"Oh, you will! Please, stay the night. It's nearly dawn. I have plenty of captives if you are hungry after this offering, or layabouts if you want hotter blood."
He stands up and tries to look helpful.
"We've no coffins, but I can send a few out to rob a grave and have them back before sunrise."

 No.670579

>>670578
"No coffins? I suppose a normal bed will have to do."
Not like I have much choice about staying since its so late.

 No.670580

>>670579
He looks worried.
"My apologies, mistress of the night, but we have no beds either. Only sleeping rolls."

 No.670581

>>670580
I huff visibly annoyed.
"Next you'll tell me you don't actually have rooms or tents to spare. Perhaps we should go to some villager's place and use their house."

 No.670582

>>670581
He nods.
"That would be best."
He takes a deep breath.
"HEY! YOU LOUTS! GET IN HERE!"
Several armed people pile into the room.
"You know that sleepy cabin a mile from here? It's got beds and meals for our esteemed and evil guests. Escort these monsters there and serve them however they want."
He smiles.
"The family that lives there is young. They should taste wonderful. We've left them alone because it amuses me that they are so close to us."

 No.670583

>>670582
I can't help but look a little surprised at his agreement. Look over his summoned army and pick the weakest smelling two out of the line.
"Just these two should be enough, if they are nearly as skilled as you implied."

 No.670584

>>670583
He raises an eyebrow.
"Oh? Well, don't worry if they don't come back. They won't be missed."
They both gulp. Loooks like you've got….
A billy goat and a zebra mare. They look less evil and more desperate, but you can still detect evil in them.
The Twins are still flanking you, shooting nasty looks at everyone.

 No.670585

>>670584
"Don't worry, we've survived a many of your lifetimes, a sleepy homestead won't kill us off."
I gesture with my wing for the goat and zebra to lead, and put the slave girl on my back.

 No.670586

>>670585
She'd be easy to carry even if she weren't so underfed. Several of the more devout raiders cute themselves and fling their blood at the three of you as you pass. Once you finally leave the place the Twins get close and speak softly in their odd cadence.
"Smart not to sleep there."
"We could feel how evil it is."
"What do we do about these two?"
"Killing them wouldn't be too evil."
"Not too evil, no."
"Draining them would be in character."
"But worse."

 No.670587

>>670586
You are all trotting through the quiet forest. Morning birds are already starting to sing.

 No.670588

>>670586
>>670587
"I could smell how evil it was!
I picked these two because they shouldn't pose much of a threat, we should probably kill them.
"
"When we get to the cabin, let's ambush them quietly, before the family can hear."

 No.670589

>>670588
The both nod.
Eventually you reach the cabin. Your skin is starting to prickle as dawn approaches. You have minutes to get inside.
The two stop and hide behind a tree.
"We're here. Do we just kick in the door and storm the place?"

 No.670590

>>670589
"Actually I had a stealthier idea in mind."
Cover the mouth the one nearest to me and try to force him down to the ground.
'4d6'

Roll #1 3, 2, 6, 3 = 14

 No.670591

>>670590
The Twins launch their own attack.
'8d6'
'8d8'

Roll #1 1, 5, 4, 1, 4, 2, 4, 6 = 27 / Roll #2 2, 2, 3, 6, 6, 4, 7, 1 = 31

 No.670592

You take them both by complete surprise and have them unconscious on the ground in seconds. Both of them are already baring their fangs, but look to you for the goahead.

From their lessons you know that completely draining them will make you all a little bit more monstrous. Simply killing them would not affect your souls at all, given that they are evil raiders.

 No.670593

>>670592
Well. The cultists will be expecting drained bodies. And. They are kind of evil.
Nod at the kids and help drain off the minions blood.

 No.670594

>>670593
They decide to share one and leave you one for yourself. You're already full of blood, but you completely drain the goat anyways. You feel a chunk of your ponyness fall away as you suck on the goat's neck until he veins are empty despite already being full yourself. You feel extra full of life, almost alive again.

The sky is starting to turn pink.

 No.670595

>>670594
Crap. Its so late.
Does this house have an attic or basement?

 No.670596

>>670594
Blood drips from the fangs of the Twins.
"Quickly!"
"We must escape the sun!"

It's a small, single story log cabin. There's two rooms from the looks of things and an attic. The attic has a small window but the three of you should be able to get through. No telling if it opens. The windows on the first floor are all barred on the inside, but together the three of you can doubtless force your way past them. There's also a door that can probably be kicked down.

 No.670597

>>670596
I go for the attic window '1d20' rolling to open it

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.670598

>>670597
The window is stuck. The Twins push you aside and smash it open, then push your through and crawl in just as the sun comes up. Despite not needing to breath, the three of you are panting as you huddle up in the shadows.

Voices from below, female, then male.
"What was that?"
"Stay with the foals, I'll go check."

 No.670599

>>670598
"Hide!" I suggest and try to hide myself too '1d20'

Roll #1 20 = 20

 No.670600

>>670599
The three of you cram into an old dresser. The Twins are not at all bothered by the rather questionable position they have to assume to keep from doing anything untoward to you in the tight space. Through a crack in the door you watch a unicorn stallion climb up a ladder through a trap door and shine his magic around the attic.
"Must have been a bird that broke then window. I can go into town today to get a replacement."
He climbs back down.

 No.670601

>>670600
Whew that was close.
Silly kids, step out quietly and make sure to stand out of the sunlight.

 No.670602

>>670601
You decide to fall asleep before you have to find out if they change or maintain their position.

Time for a luck roll.
'1d20'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.670603

You're awoken in afternoon by the sound of a pony humming and sweeping up glass. After the glass is all swept up the mare stays in the attic and, from the sounds of it, is cleaning the rest of it. The humming gets slowly closer and closer to your pitch black hiding spot.

 No.670604

>>670603
…Hold it closed so she can't open it.

 No.670605

>>670604
Luck again
'roll 1d20'

 No.670606

>>670605
'1d20'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.670607

>>670604
>>670606
There's nothing to hold on this side. When she opens the door all three of you fall out, the male member of the Twins landing directly on her face, of course. Needless to say that she screeches and starts thrashing. The Twins wake up with a start and try to detangle their limbs from hers.
Downstairs a foal starts crying.

 No.670608

>>670607
'1d20' calming roll
Oh dear. Seperate the two of them and cover her mouth. "Please. We're not here to rob you. We're just having a bad a day."

Roll #1 11 = 11

 No.670609

>>670608
DC: Hard
11 vs 16
She spots your fangs and wings and starts struggling even harder while one of the Twins looks on sheepishly and the other scowls at him. She's trying to shout but you keep her gagged.

 No.670610

>>670609
Okay.
I will KO her.
What to roll?

 No.670611

>>670610
D20. The DC is Trivial.

 No.670612

>>670611
'1d20' okay

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.670613

>>670612
A single well placed kick is enough to knock out the untrained, panicking mare. The foal below keeps crying.
The Twins look lost and worried.
"What do we do, mom?"
"What do we do?"

 No.670614

>>670613
Take a deep breath, that I don't need, and put my wings away. "We get the baby some milk of course." Open the hatch to the downstairs and look. '1d20' spot check.
"And.. Let's move her into her bed, she'll hopefully think this was a dream."

Roll #1 19 = 19

 No.670615

>>670614
Luckily the curtains are drawn so it's dim. Still, you should spend as little time down here as possible.
You spot the foal sitting at the bottom of the staircase. It spots you. It is long past the milk drinking age.
'1d20' luck

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.670616

>>670615
The room below looks like a kitchen/dining/storerooom. The foal runs and hides behind a crate, then pokes its head out.
"Who are you? Get out of my attic!"

 No.670617

>>670615
>>670616
Well. This is a little more delicate.
Approach the kid slowly. Let's try a borrowed lie, from a story I heard once. '1d20'
"We're friends, friendly that is, from the forest. I'm actually a wolf myself. But the city ponies moved a big house ontop of my den, so I ran away."

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.670618

>>670617
He sees your fangs and the goat blood dried on your chin.
He starts bawling.
"You killed my mooooommmmmyyyyyyyyy!"

 No.670619

>>670618
Wow, I really am becoming a monster.
wipe up the blood before trying to talk to him again.
"Shh shh, its okay. I didn't hurt her. I promise. She's up in the attic taking a nap. You know she works so hard for you, and got tired, you get tired and like naps right?"

 No.670620

'1d20'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.670621

>>670619
>>670620
You lick at it until it's wet enough to wipe off.
That doesn't calm him down at all. He keeps on crying really loudly. At least he isn't running away.

 No.670622

>>670621
Well, this isn't going well. What was that form t that the little goat loved so much. The puppy I changed into by accident. Try turning into that.
'1d20'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.670623

>>670622
You turn into a great big wolf. The kid screams and runs into the next room.

 No.670624

>>670623
'1d20' grr Just change back and follow him

Roll #1 17 = 17

 No.670625

>>670624
The crying and running has tired him out. He's curled up under his bed in the corner of the room, sniffling.

 No.670626

>>670625
"Hey, I'm sorry. Look I'm just a pony like your mom, see?" wave at him from above the bed. "It was just a game, I didn't mean to scare you."
'1d20'

Roll #1 12 = 12

 No.670627

>>670626
He keeps sniffling and crawls out from under the bed.
"It was?"

 No.670628

>>670627
"Yea! of course it was."
"How about we get some water to wash away those tears?"
'1d20'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.670629

>>670628
He nods.
"Okay. The well's outside."
He starts for the door.

 No.670630

>>670629
Outside.. can I even go outside? hesitate at the door.

 No.670631

>>670630
He opens it and sunlight spills in, causing you to dance backwards.
"What's wrong?"

 No.670632

>>670631
"I forgot something upstairs! I'll be right back down." I call back and retreat to the attic

 No.670633

>>670632
The Twins seem to have left the sleeping mare along.
"Is everything okay?"
"Is the foal alright?"

They yawn.

 No.670634

>>670633
"I sent him out to wash his face. He seemed happy again."
"Uh.. Where's the slave girl that buffalo gave us?" '1d20' look for her

Roll #1 20 = 20

 No.670635

>>670634
The Twins seem to have left her alone as well. She's still asleep behind some boxes where she was dumped last night.

 No.670636

>>670635
Wake up the slave girl.
"Hey. Hey. Don't scream okay."

 No.670637

>>670636
She stays quiet and looks at you with fear.

 No.670638

>>670637
"…I'm not going to hurt you, we're not that kind of vampire. Just pretending to be." I explain softly petting her mane.
"Are you okay?"

 No.670639

She doesn't seem to comprehend what you said.
"I'm okay."
She's obviously not. Her coat is mangy and she shows various signs of physical abuse.

 No.670640

>>670639
Look around for some clothes up here that might fit her. '1d20'
"Okay. Are you any good with foals?"

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.670641

>>670640
There's no clothing here.
"I hate foals."

The twins are curling up behind a stack of boxes and going back to sleep. You can hardly keep your eyes open.

 No.670642

>>670641
Good kids.
"Okay.. well I need your help. We need to get this mare into a bed down stairs."
I point at the mom.

 No.670643

>>670642
She nods.
"Okay."
The pegasus walks over and struggles to lift her onto her back, then stumbles towards the trap door.

 No.670644

>>670643
help her out, there was a bed somewhere down here.. just open the doors until I get it right

 No.670645

>>670644
The bed is in the same room as the back door, where the foal's bed is. He's on his way back with a bucket of water now while you are getting the mare tucked in.

 No.670646

>>670645
I will try to get us up to the attic before he can see us. '1d20'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.670647

>>670646
No luck. He sees your motherly butt swishing through the door and up the ladder.
"Why are you going back to the attic?"

You really need to sleep.

 No.670648

>>670647
Okay go back to him and pat his cute head.
"Because, I'm an attic pony, and that's where I should be. Like you should be playing now that your face is all clean."
'1d20' convince him

Roll #1 19 = 19

 No.670649

>>670648
"Okay!"
He runs over to a few toys in this room and starts playing.

 No.670650

>>670649
I breath a sigh of relief and go up to the attic.
Let's lock it or otherwise get it stuck so it can't be opened too.
'1d20'

Roll #1 13 = 13

 No.670651

>>670650
You get it wedged so it can only be opened from up top.

 No.670652

>>670651
Okay.
Now I find a shady spot to sleep in.

 No.670653

>>670652
You feel some ponyness return after your peaceful dealing with the foal.

PAUSED

 No.675326

Last time you murdered a couple of henchmen, broke into a cabin, scared a woman, scared a child, knocked that woman out, reassured her child, then locked yourself in an attic.

You wake up just as the sun is setting. The trap door to the basement is rattling, but whoever is trying to get it open can't manage it. At least not yet. The Tirekian raiders will be expecting you to return tonight.

 No.675327

>>675326
Well. I might have to disappoint them. I
Wake the twins. "Kids, want to go home?"

 No.680072

>>675327
They step out of the cabinet they were sleeping in.
"If you want to."
"Won't the Tirekians get suspicious if we don't go back?"

 No.680074

>>680072
"Who are they to question a vampire, right?" I chuckle.
"But I don't think I promised to return immediately and want to get this mare some real food, the temple would be best for her."

 No.680076

>>680074
The trap door is still rattling and you can hear a male voice shouting from down below, but the thick floor muffles it even for your vampire ears.
The Twins both nod and fly out the broken attic window into the early night.

 No.680079

>>680076
Right, I will carry the mare and head home, not worrying about the farm horses maybe getting locked out of their basement for a bit.

 No.680082

>>680079
She's very light. The mare whimpers as you carry her over the forest the the city. When you fly back over the Nature temple's private forest she goes lip, as if expecting the end soon. When you land at a temple obviously dedicated to Nature she becomes confused, and when the priests and priestesses outside run over to greet you and check on her condition she becomes even moreso.

 No.680086

>>680082
"She's very weak, we need to get her ..food I think, a soup might do her well."
Slowly I escort her inside, with the flock of priests and priestess following.

 No.680094

>>680086
The Twins stick with you while the concerned holy ponies, donkeys, etc. follow you all to the kitchen. In a Nature temple, especially of this size, the Kitchen is always cooking up something. It's staffed by a skeleton crew at this hour, but various cauldrons of soup and stew are simmering away, as well as large bowls of salad enchanted to keep their contents fresh and crisp. One of your followers goes to fill a bowl with broth for the mare while another gets her some bread and water.

 No.680103

>>680094
Good good, then gently set her down here and watch her progress..

 No.680104

>>680103
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.680110

>>680103
>>680104
She mostly ignores your gaze and starts wolfing down the soup and bread. The mare goes through two more bowls and half a loaf of bread before she finally stops eating. You can tell that she's still scared, but that seems to be her baseline emotional state, rather than fear of you or something specific.
The twins and your followers have stuck around. You can tell by the expressions on the faces of the few paladins and more senior clergy recognize the few Tirekian symbols that have been carved into her body and scared over at points in the past.

 No.680126

>>680110
"No matter what they told you, you're not a slave or prisoner here." I gesture to the others. "If you need anything please ask someone, if you'd like to leave we can help you do that too, but you're safe here, as long as you'd like." Lean down so I'm facing her more directly.
"…What would you like everyone to call you?"

 No.680129

>>680126
She trembles when you lean down to face her.
"They always just called me 'Hey, you!'"

 No.680133

>>680129
…what color is she, any cutie mark?

 No.680138

>>680133
She has a magenta coat with a neon blue mane and tail. Whatever cutiemark she had as been scared and burned until no hair was left and Tirekian marks were left in their places. She's skinny enough that her ribs stand out, she's dirty, and she stinks.


[Last 50 Posts]
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]