[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1451624055901.jpg (646.68 KB, 1500x770, htmledit_20120613643502.jpg)

 No.651992

"You sure you're up to this?" The Guard asks you. "Still gives me the creeps knowing something like this was underneath us. Wouldn't blame you for walking away." He says as he tries to peer deeper into the cavernous door, just a few steps away from the city's market district.

"Of course, with all the stuff that might be down there, I could see why you would. Though, what exactly are you hoping to find for yourself down there? Give me something so I can write it on your death papers."

 No.651993

>>651992
I'm Rexlord Maregold.

 No.651994

>>651993
"Huh, I misspelled that. Well anyways, good luck. Bang three times on the door if you want me to open up and say my name, Andalusian. You ready to go in?" The Guard asks.

 No.651995

>>651994
"As ready as I'll ever be".

 No.651996

File: 1451625067326.jpg (24.78 KB, 600x600, map1.jpg)

>>651995
"Good luck. May Luna be with you in the dark."

As you step inside the cavern, he has the other guards seal up the entrance. Inside, you can hear the hoof steps of the people going above their business. Ahead is a large puddle of water, likely the source of the damage if the ponies who built this city didn't take it into account.

There are two routes ahead of you. A locked door to your right, and a steep "hill" you can't see over. Where will you head to?

 No.651997

>>651996
I'll go to the Locked door.

 No.651998

File: 1451625370489.jpg (29.04 KB, 600x600, map2.jpg)

>>651997
Whoever tried to keep this place secure did a bad job. The locked door gave way with a simple push. Ahead though, you could make out some unusual noises.

Roll to Listen in.

 No.651999

>>651998
'1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.652000

>>651999
"C'mon you stupid oaf, we gotta get this stuff outta here before the guards come waltzin' in with our new cuffs!"

"Hey, you try carrying this stuff. It's not easy, especially with you dumping all this Amphy on me. Where did you even get it?"

"Oy, less chatting and more moving!"

The two voices argue with each other for some time, moving barrels of an illegal narcotic to some other location.

 No.652001


>>652000
Check if the room leads elsewhere, if not head to the hill. Not my place to get involved.

 No.652002

File: 1451626237304.jpg (31.98 KB, 600x600, map3.jpg)

>>652001
That route was one way, so you head back towards the hill. It's a bit of a struggle to get up the sand, but at last you make it to a small hallway. There's a door to your right and left, and more of a climb ahead.

 No.652003

I'll go left.

 No.652004

>>652002
I'll go left

 No.652005

>>652003
It's a much sturdier door than the last. This one might take some strength to get opened. Roll for it if you want to continue.

 No.652006

>>652005

'1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.652007

File: 1451626702299.jpg (33.6 KB, 600x600, map4.jpg)

>>652006
The door takes a few kicks to give way. But when it does, it reveals!

>5 gold coins

>22 Silver coins
>A set of shiny daggers

Maybe it belonged to the brigands from the other room? Stealing from thieves like that wouldn't be wrong, and you're authorized by the city to do it…

 No.652008

Huzzah!
What do I currently have equipped?

Go Right.

 No.652009

>>652008
Just your trusty Sword and Shield, plus your looting saddle, which is a bit more loaded now.

Another door to the right, but this one is different. Something is banging on it, trying to get out…

 No.652010

>>652009
Open it, but be cautious.

 No.652011

File: 1451627393125.jpg (34.84 KB, 600x600, map5.jpg)

>>652010
>>652010
As you try to open the door slowly, someone causes the door to fly open with a bang.

Looking down, there's a Diamond Dog lady! She's tied up, paws and legs bound, but she managed to get all the way to the door. Help her?

 No.652012

Of course. Help the damsel.

 No.652013

>>652011
Yes. Help her.

 No.652014

>>652013
She's dirty and a bit banged up, but not all that worse for wear.

"Thanks buddy. I thought you were one of those creepy guys for a moment. Name's Neder, what brought you down here?" She asks.

 No.652015

>>652014
"I felt that this where I was meant to go. I can't really explain it".

 No.652016

>>652015
"Good thing for me then. These guys sprang for the good rope. Usually my claws can tear through them."

"Wait, what are you doing down here? Don't tell me you were hired to do the same job!"

 No.652017

>>652016
"I was asked to investigate down here. But if both our jobs are the same I'll let you take credit for it"

 No.652018

>>652017
"Yeah, that's great! Thanks!" She says as she stands in front of you, paw on her head. "Thought I didn't get too far before I fell onto some smugglers. I felt dizzy near them and couldn't stay standing. You didn't run into a Buffalo and a Unicorn on your way here, right?"

 No.652019

>>652018
"There was a couple of voices back the way I came talking something called Amphy, they're probably the guys your talking about".

 No.652020

>>652019
"So that's what it was! Listen, if we run into them, put some cloth over your mouth. That thing can knock out even the Prince!"

"Anyways, you've been conscious about this place longer. Any clues on where to go?"

 No.652021

>>652020
"We've only way to go from here. So we should through the center passage".

 No.652022

File: 1451629481452.jpg (39.89 KB, 600x600, map6.jpg)

>>652021
"You're in charge for now. I owe you that much." She says.

As you head through the central passage, you can hear more hoof steps above. But unlike the chaos of the market, these are coming and going in a far more orderly pattern.

You get to another fork in the road. There's a locked door to your right, but a makeshift barricade to your left. Lots of chairs and furniture stacked up.

 No.652023

>>652022
Let's check the Locked door.

 No.652024

File: 1451629816495.jpg (40.76 KB, 600x600, map7.jpg)

>>652023
Neder quickly pushes you aside and makes short work of the locks on this door.

"Heh, I broke harder ones when I was a pup." She exclaims.

Inside, the room is bare except for a blanket and a container for water. In the corner, there's a Pegasus, staring at the wall and haphazardly flapping his wings.

 No.652025

>>652024
"Hey, you need any help in here"?

 No.652026

>>652025
"They must…"

"They must all be…"

He turns towards you, with a cup of water chewed flat, a crazed look in his eye.

"They all must be OFFERED!" He's flying right at you!

 No.652027

>>652026
Grab and hold him down.

 No.652028

>>652027
Roll your Slam attack!

 No.652029

>>652028
'1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.652030

>>652029
>Critfail
>Unbreakable
He's faster than you can think or act! He's on top of you, but your armor and muscles take the brunt of the attack before Neder can push him off.

"You will be the first…"

"That bird horse is as high as a kite right now!"

Rexlord 4/6

 No.652031

>>652030
Stab the psycho in the neck! He doesn't want to be friendly.

 No.652032

>>652031
Roll for Slamming or Grappling.

 No.652033

>>652032
'1d10' Grapple

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.652034

>>652033
You try to get close, but the Amphy keeps him to triggered to be taken down! His struggling knicks and cuts you until you wind up on the ground!

"Celestia, that isn't normal at all! What kind of stuff is he really on?!" Neder yells before kicking him off of you.

Rexlord 8/5

 No.652035

>>652034
Time to kill a bitch!
Sword! '1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.652036

>>652035
You're able to keep up with his movements and cut into him a few times. He's learned his lesson, even in his drug addled state, and keeps his distance from now.

"Geez, what did we really run into down here?"

Rexlord 8/5

>Enemy Junkie ?-1/?

 No.652037

>>652036
"Just help take him out already"!
Sword '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.652038

>>652037
"I would if I had a real weapon!"

Neder joins in with a punch of her own that helps keep the Junkie at bay after he cuts into you.

Rexlord 6/5
Neder 5/3

>Enemy Junkie ?-2/?


"You will be…" He starts foaming out of his mouth.

 No.652039

>>652038
Give Neder the Shiny Daggers.
Go for the neck! '1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.652040

>>652039
There's some back and forth as you cut into each other, him doing more damage than you, though.

Rexlord 3/5
Neder 4/3

But then when you go for the Junky's neck, he keeps his head up even after you swing. And that's when his neck opens up to reveal another mouth.

"We will be fed…" It says.

>Enemy Junkie ?-4/?

 No.652041

>>652040
"Alright Neder use them Daggers and lets take him down".
Slam '1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.652042

>>652041
Whatever it was, it couldn't stand to be cut into so many times. Whatever the drugs were going to do, they cause the Pegasus to collapse into sludge as he falls to the floor.

 No.652043

>>652042
"Well, that sucked. Let's go check that barricade then".

 No.652044

>>652043
"No way, is that what happens to you Ponies when you die? You just turn into goo?" Neder asks you, backing away from the mess.


PAUSE

 No.652086

>>652044
"No, not normally! I'm pretty sure this isn't something that normally happens".

 No.652093

>>652086
She locks the door as you come out, to prevent the liquefied Pegasus from getting out.

"I'm thinking I'm going to charge double, no, TRIPLE my fee after this. And I'd say you should do the same."

 No.652095

>>652044
"No that isn't what happens! What just occurred is definitely not natural".

 No.652096

File: 1451708280602.jpg (50.67 KB, 600x600, map8.jpg)

>>652095
"Yeah, I'm not liking this one bit. Come on, let's go anywhere else. You ready to get past that little barricade of theirs?"

 No.652200

>>652096
"Yeah let's go, and keep those Daggers at the ready will ya".

 No.652202

File: 1451778347190.jpg (54.51 KB, 600x600, map9.jpg)

>>652200
Moving some tables and chairs from the 'barricade', you see a locked door next to you. There is a strange smell coming from under it.

Ahead, there's another room. Heavily carpeted. Make a reflex roll.

 No.652206

>>652202
Roll!
'1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.652208

>>652206
A ringing sound can be heard, and then Neder collapses onto the floor. You feel something press you down, but you're able to keep your legs steady.

 No.652209

>>652208
Cover mouth and ears with cloth and grab Neder and retreat back.

 No.652212

>>652209
The ringing and the pressure soon stops.

"This job, gets worse and worse." Neder says.

 No.652213

>>652212
"Your telling me, lets check the other way first before coming back again".

 No.652215

File: 1451780550941.jpg (57.99 KB, 600x600, map10.jpg)

>>652213
There's a hallway ahead, left and right to you. Which way will you go?

 No.652216

"Lets go right".

 No.652219

>>652216
The route leads higher up. Farther ahead, you can see another improvised barricade. This time, heavy furniture makes up the wall.

 No.652220

>>652219
Let's try to climb over it.
'1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.652223

File: 1451781094615.jpg (69.2 KB, 600x600, map12.jpg)

>>652220
It's actually not that hard to climb over. With no one on top trying to keep people off, it's easy enough.

Another fork in the road. This time, you can feel the air becoming colder.

 No.652224

>>652223
"Let's go right again".
Ask Neder about herself.

 No.652227

File: 1451781543997.jpg (77.64 KB, 600x600, map13.jpg)

>>652224
"I'm, uh, a Bounty Hunter, of sorts. Clients ask me to get them things and I do in exchange for money. It's been a good job so far. Wait, what is that…"

You come to the hall the area where you could here hoof steps above you. There's blood all over the ground, several weapons into what are still ponies, and lots of goop.

 No.652229

>>652227
"Let's just deal with…that later. Let's veer left".

 No.652231

>>652229
A sharp cold hits you as you wander further. The room you wind up in has some half eaten rations and a few bandages.

Make a spot roll.

 No.652232

>>652231
Roll!
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.652233

File: 1451781998852.jpg (86.12 KB, 600x600, map15.jpg)

>>652232
You spot the movement of dust in the air. But you're underground, which means only one thing.

There's something hiding on the other side of the wall!

 No.652234

>>652233
"Help break this wall down Neder please".
'1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.652236

File: 1451782312850.jpg (89.97 KB, 600x600, map16.jpg)

>>652234
"Yeah, watch your saddle, though." She says.

Her paws and your hooves make short work of the wall. A rush of cold air hits the both of you as you see an altar ahead, with a glowing crystal on it.

 No.652237

"Thanks. Let's be cautious approaching the altar".

 No.652240

>>652237
As you start stepping inside the room, you can feel something moving underneath you. And the feeling of pressure from before is also creeping back, but much lower than last time.

 No.652243

>>652240
Let's inspect the Crystal.

 No.652245

>>652243
As you approach the Crystal, the feeling of weight increases. Then, bit by bit, a suit of armor without a pony in it comes to life!

Look out, it's rushing for you!

 No.652246

>>652245
"Back me up Neder"!
Slam!
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.652249

>>652246
It roars mechanically as you press onto it! You've got some weight behind it and it falls to the floor. You can see pieces of it flattened on the ground.

"Keep it down! Don't let off!" Neder yells.

Rexlord 8/6
Neder 5/3

Machine Knight Helpless/ ?-1

 No.652250

>>652249
Grapple '1d10'
"Neder tear it to scrap"!

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.652252

>>652250
"No, no more crazyness, stop working you metal piece of junk!" She cries out as the both of you break into it.

However, you've held onto something important. You can hear it's roar grow more furious! Roll Grapple again!

 No.652253

>>652252
Rollin '1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.652255

>>652253
You can feel something cracking in your grip. The machine creature's roaring seems to be suddendy stopping and starting. You're holding on to his core!

Neder keeps stabbing at it, but just a little more push from you will break it! One last Grapple roll!

 No.652256

>>652255
Rooolll!
'1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.652259

>>652256
With your efforts and those of Neder, the Orb in your hoof is finally shattered. The Mechanical parts fall to the ground, the magic that was holding the knight in place leaking all over the place.

There's lots of scrap everywhere, and the altar is yours to approach.

 No.652260

>>652259
"Alright, Neder. Let's see what this Crystal is all about".

 No.652262

>>652260
While the air is cold and tense after the battle, you can feel the pressure slowly creeping back up on you. Just as it starts getting real hard on you, you remove the Crystal from its alter.

Then there is a screaming and crashing noise behind you.

 No.652264

>>652262
"Neder"!?
Turn around with Sword & Shield at the ready.

 No.652265

>>652264
She's still there, crumpled on the ground, but still there. What is there now that shouldn't is a lot of scared people. The stalls that were above you have suddenly appeared right there, the owners collapsed on the floor.

And that's when the air gets knocked out of both of you.

PAUSE



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]