[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1451596891055.jpg (5.42 KB, 297x170, download (3).jpg)

 No.651931

Beyond the Crystal Empire lay the Frozen North. Many have tried to pierce the Frozen tundra. At the edge of the world lies the Frostmourn Keep. Here a brave, curious, or just Foolish few have come here to discover what secrets reside in the North.

"Alright lads, roll call! Regis Fenwyck, Sapphire Melody, Duncan Northpaw". The Stallion continued listing names until…
" Last on the list is"?

[State Your name, race, and gender]

 No.651932

>>651931
"Do not bother attempting to pronounce it."

A dismissive paw waves off the end of the statement. The appendage to which it is attached belongs to a heavily robed but clearly hunched diamond dog. The voice: masculine, deep, and encrusted with age. "Enough of the formalities. This wind bites into my flesh, even now."

 No.651933

>>651932
"Alright uh,Svet? Well welcome to Frostmourn". The Pony leads your group to a Barracks showing where you would be laying your head. After distributing some winter wear to yourself and the others, he leads back to the courtyard.

"Alright! Those who don't feel like dying assemble to the left. And Those who are feeling brave move to the right of the courtyard".
[Are you a Keeper, A Fighter]
[Reeve, Defender]

 No.651934

>>651933
Unevenly, I make my way to the left, shaking off a layer of snow as I do so. The trundling weight of my pack and form dampened by the many layers of cloth. There are young bucks here wishing to venture out for treasure - the hunters headed out to the courtyard. My motives are ulterior, however. For now, though, I will remain wordless.

 No.651935

>>651934
"Hmm, interesting? Alright Reeve's your job will be to help maintain the keep, whether it's cleaning, repairing equipment, or taking Watch should your help be needed. For now let's see how ready for Combat you are"?

The Recruiter leads your group to different area as a couple of stations are set up.
" Alright test out your skill so we can see where we can put you"?

Skirmishers: Ranged Weapons.
Warriors: Main Fighter's
Auxiliary: Light Support.

 No.651936

>>651933
>>651931
A tall tan mare with a dark mane takes a step forward. Clad in a leather jacket with straps holding her spear and buckler
"Gingerbread, Sir… "

After being introduced to the barracks and taken to the courtyard, she makes her way to the left without hesitation

 No.651937

>>651935
With a gnarled paw, I pull loose an outer layer of coats. "Look old… don't I? I suppose I am old. But I fight with my claws. I expect I am still fast enough to do the job."

Stretch unevenly.

 No.651938

>>651936
*To the RIGHT. not left

 No.651939

>>651937
Alright, I think we can put at the wall watch. At least try to use a crossbow or something if the wall is attacked.

>>651938
"Alright Keepers! Our job is to make sure Frostmourn doesn't fall. Here you should pick your weapons of choice".
[Sword]
[Spear]
[Axe]
[Bow, Crossbow, or Sling]

 No.651940

>>651939
A little grin creeps across my face. "Yes. Of course."

 No.651941

>>651939
I move onwards to take the spear, measuring it's weight
"It's certainly bigger than mine…" I mutter

 No.651942

>>651940
"Ok, our scouts have determined that a host of barbarians are to converging here in a few hours time. So let's get a move on lads".

>>651941
" You got your weapon? Alright we got some barbarians trying to assault the keep. Try not to die, or do, I care not.

Tsvet
[WALL Defender]
Gingerbread
[Wall Defender]
[Vanguard]

 No.651943

>>651942
Raise a brow. "That was somewhat matter-of-fact. Do you believe it will be a trivial engagement?"

 No.651944

>>651942
"I brought my own spear from home, but I'll use yours."
Give it a few practice trusts before joining the others at the guard
"And don't worry, I'll survive"

 No.651945

>>651943
"Well, as long as no one does anything stupid then most the recruit's should survive".

The Keepers & Reeve's have reached their positions waiting for the ensuing attack.
>>651944
Iron Spear Get!
" That's what I like to hear. Alright you've been assigned to Keeper Regis. Make sure you get to him before the fighting starts".

 No.651946

>>651945
>>651945
Nod
"Very well. Where can I find him?"

 No.651947

>>651946
"He's at the left flank of the wall, you can't miss him". The Recruiter returned to preparing the troops for the impending attack.
>What now?

 No.651948

>>651947
Do as I was ordered and proceed to the left flank, carrying the new spear and enjoying the quiet before the battle

 No.651949

>>651948
You take the time to enjoy the serenity of quiet before the ensuing battle. With Spear in tow you find 3rd Keeper Regis, a human clad in the Black uniform of the Keeper, scratching his small beard. He and about two dozen others were waiting for the attack.
>What now?

 No.651950

>>651949
Join them in the wait. No point in trying to start small talk since some of us will be dead soon

 No.651951


 No.651952

>>651950
As you wait for the enemy, they finally come into as the encroach on your position.
"Remember, To The Last". The ones who weren't part of the new recruits repeated his saying. The barbarians would soon be upon you!

>What do you do!?

[Crossbow!]
[Spear Wall!]

 No.651953

>>651952
>>651952
The Spartans knew where it was at
Spear wall!

 No.651954

>>651953
"Spear wall Now"!! The Barbaric ponies jumped the wall into the trench below but many were impaled the rows of teeth that was the Spear wall. Soon enough the battle had devolved into mêlée. You and Regis ended up in a 3 on 2 battle as the cries of battle rang out.
Gingerbread 19 HP
-Attack, Spear
Regis 25 HP
-Attack, Sword
-Support, Bow

 No.651955

>>651954
Barbarian A 15
Barbarian B 15
Barbarian C 15

 No.651956

>>651954
>>651954
Impale the Barabarian A! Right in the gut!

 No.651957

>>651956
The angry Earth Pony Barbarian tries to rush you but ends up impaling himself on your Spear!
Two more are moving upon but your Spear is stuck in the brigand's gut!
Roll for retrieval! 1d10.
Regis ArchermSupport roll 1d10

 No.651958

>>651957
Fall back!
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.651959

>>651958
You barely retrieve your Spear as you try to create some distance between your attacker, but you take a glancing blow in the process.
You'd two Enemies are closing in.
Roll for your next action.
Roll for Regis. Assist with his Bow or Sword?

 No.651960

So, I never learned to relax it seems. Let's see what the North has to offer.

 No.651961

>>651959
I'll have to take care of them while Regis attacks with his arrows
I keep trusting my spear at them, not aiming to just hit, but keep them away, using the benefit of my longer range while Regis shoots them
'1d10' me
'1d10' Regis

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.651962

>>651961
While you keep them at bay, Regis readies his arrow as he looses it, killing one of them. However the last one knocks your Spear from your hoof!
Luckily Regis blocked his blow and drove his blade into his gut.
>>651960
One of the other recruit's Daye was almost killed by another attacker but Regis sniped him with an arrow." Daye grab yourself a weapon and be quick about it"!
Get a Weapon Daye!
[Shortsword
[Axe]
[Spear]

 No.651963

>>651962
"Right." I was trained in these. I think. Grab a spear and help keep the enimies back. '1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.651964

>>651963
"Good let's drive them back"!
Your trio starts advancing towards the center of the line. Four of them this time! It's do or die.

To battle!
Gingerbread 15/19
Regis 25/25
Daye 18/18
>What now?

 No.651965

>>651945
>>651964
Draw back a bow. The string… like sinew. The wood: firm, but with some give. Dead now, but once alive. It can be made to move again.

What's there to shoot at from the safety of the walls' crenellation?

 No.651966

>>651964
"Any of you good with clouds"
I stare at the sky and see if its possible to make a storm over Tue enemy with a little help. '1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.651967

>>651962
"Good work Regis. Now, whos next?"

 No.651968

>>651965

[Shoot Wall Attackers]
[Shoot Attackers inside the wall]
[Shoot Attackers engaged with Regis' Squad.
]

 No.651969

>>651968
Inside the wall? We're losing worse than I thought. Perhaps I should not have taken so long to climb those stairs. Cursed age.

Time to fine-tune the aim. Let's test out the accuracy on a close target – shoot at one of the wall attackers. '1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.651970

>>651966
>>651967
"Alright you two! We got five of em this time so brace yourselves"!

 No.651971

>>651970
Recover my spear
"That was just a warm up. Let them come"

 No.651972

>>651969
Letting your arrow loose, it zips towards it's target piercing the targets neck!

 No.651973

>>651971
Group A
Regis 25/25
Gingerbread 15/19
Daye 18/18

Group B
Tsvetskov 28/28

 No.651974

>>651972
"Well, the bow seems to do fine enough. At short range, in any case."

Time to pick off some INSIDE the walls. We need to drive them out of the keep. '1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.651975

>>651970
"Why are they after us?"
'1d10' defend our left side

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.651976

>>651973
Now it's time to look for some more Barbarians to poke with my spear

 No.651977

>>651974
You descend back down the stairs towards the fighting.
Optional Grab a Weapon.
-Sword
-Axe
-Spear

>>651975
>>651976
You both go towards the next group of enemies ready for some Spear action.
Regis Squad 3, 1
Allied 12
Invaders 27

 No.651978

>>651977
It's time to act!
How do you proceed?

 No.651979

>>651977
My overgrown claws would make handling one of those weapons difficult. Instead, I'll go in with my natural weapons.

'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.651980

>>651977
That's a lot of Barbarians
I will bravely lead the charge while the archers back me up
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.651981

>>651978
>>651977
I want to dive them from above '1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.651982

>>651979
Forgoing conventional weapons you take out a few with your claws, the invaders surprised by your ferocity!
>>651980
You charge into the fray, motivating your allies. You promptly Spear one in the neck while knocking another off the wall.
>>651981
Meanwhile Daye attempts to dive at them taking a few out in the Process.

You have started to turn the tide of battle!
>What next?

 No.651983

>>651982
"Come ponies! We can drive them back!" Rally the troops for a charge '1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.651984

>>651982
Just like old times. Fight my way over to the gate and shut it. Cut them off! '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.651985

>>651982
With my blood boiling from the heat of battle, I let out a ferocious battle screech to intimidate my enemies, shaking my spear before going to impale another one in my spear

 No.651986

>>651985
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.651987

>>651983
>>651985
>>651986

Daye attempts to incite a charge from the troops but luckily the Warcry from Gingerbread gave them the courage to charge the attacker's.
You carve through them in a wave of flesh and steel!
Tsvetskov was able to regain control of their Gate! He cut off their avenue of escape!

You've gained the advantage!
>Take out the last of the attackers!

 No.651988

>>651987
No mercy
End the last remaining Barbarians!
'1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.651989

>>651988
You finally finish off the last attackers, although a few of them escaped back over the wall.
The Battle is Won!

>You can explore around the Keep in your free time.

 No.651990

>>651989
I'll ask if we can pause here for the night

 No.651991




[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]