[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1444355325454.png (450.03 KB, 1024x573, 977488__safe_twilight spar….png)

 No.645324[Last 50 Posts]

 No.645325

File: 1444355688780.gif (2.88 MB, 400x300, 974641__safe_animated_scre….gif)

>Bang and Rushin'
The two of you stand in the lair of Old Grand, the Lich of Dockside, where he offers you the mission of routing the nearby bat dragons out of their lair, so that he may slay their father dragon and help secure peace for Dockside, in exchange for him willingly giving his life, so that they may satisfy the Overlich Skullheart's requirement to slay all liches and send them back to their home world.

"Unless there are any other questions to ask, I can go ahead with the briefing," he says, sitting in his chair, leaning to the side and resting his beak on his metal fist.

>Minty and Violet

There's a gentle, cool breeze coming in from the lake. You're the only ones at the lighthouse right now, besides the docent and guard down at the entrance.

As you stand around and do what you feel like, your shadows start to grow larger- not longer, but larger, proportionately. The steel surface they're cast upon becomes smooth, losing their texture, and start to bubble. Eight needlepoint legs start rising out from the floor, bending at sharp angles, and start lifting up out of the floor. Atop the legs is a small steel cauldron with a bat's face facing towards you. A purple smoke starts to pour out of it, some of it falling to the floor, while the rest flows upwards. A face appears in the smoke- sleek, slender, and feminine, with almond-shaped eyes and a long mane. "Good morning," she says, "To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

>Flicker and Bonnie

Inside the library, things are quiet and cozy. However, Bonnie feels a twitching sensation in her eye, as if a vein was throbbing stressfully. Her mouth then moves involuntarily, as a deep voice speaks with her mouth. "Pray tell, child, what are you doing?" It asks. It doesn't say anything else, yet, as if waiting for an answer.

 No.645326

>Locations
Old Castle
Town Hall
Hotel
LIghthouse

 No.645327

>>645325
Rushin' slurps up some of the excess syrup on the side of his plate now that the pancakes are wholly devoured, looking up to Old Grand and nodding his head. "Uhh, sure, go for it, but sounds pretty easy to me: go into a cave, stir up the big dragon bats, get 'em to come out to slay the big one."

He wipes his face with his hoof, "I can go get Flicker, Violet, Bonnie, everyone right now, probably not gonna do it alone… kind of wish I could, you did a great job all by yourself with the pirates…"

 No.645328

>>645325

"Oh, Mr Skullheart." - Bonnie says a little surprised, though not scared. She flips cover of the geography book, being the closest to her, so that the Lich may, as she assumed, see what she does. - "Planning the trip ahead as to save time and avoid trouble, among others. I thought learning about this realm might be helpful, if we're not to just travel across, risking all the dangers it seems to impose… Do you think it's a good idea? How are you doing, by the way?"

 No.645329

>>645325

Flicker contemplates the vast endless mysteries of the universe while plucking at her braces' rubber bands with her tongue, blissfully unaware of Bonnie's current engagement, and instead thinking that Bonnie is just waiting around.

 No.645330

File: 1444356944061.jpg (60.66 KB, 562x450, Point-Buy Systems.jpg)

>>645324
Minty stares at the spectacle, deadpan, as she has no other way to describe how out of nowhere this seemed to be coming from. When formally asked for her name, Minty just blinks before replying, "Boshop."

 No.645331

>>645325
>>645330
Violet gets up, looking at the monster's sudden appearance in terror, ducking behind Minty.

"W-what is that thing?"

Alaster meanwhile stands between Minty and the monster, not exactly guarding, just between them, tail swishing.

>"Can we help you?" the creature hears in its mind.

 No.645332

>>645328
"This is your second day here," Bonnie's mouth says, "I applaud you for your speed yesterday, though only getting Megadeath… disappointing. The next time you encounter Varidox, though, call him a little lamplight, that should get him mad enough to not run away."

"Should I not be able to send everyone back, which one of your classmates would you be most comfortable leaving behind?"

>>645329
You can feel a deep bass vibrating within yourself, similar to what you might feel from roadwork or bass-heavy speakers nearby.

>>645330
A ding-dong sound goes off as you answer. "That's a lie," the mare's head says with a grin, "Naughty girl. I see truth-telling isn't one of your strong suits."
>>645331
"I'd just like to talk," the head says, "I noticed one of you, yesterday, and thought I'd have a little talk." She was replying to Alaster, but looked past him to Violet. "What's your name, pretty filly?"


>>645327
"Well, it's no milk run," the griffon says with a light chuckle-

"There are four floors to the dragons' lair. The top floor is where they sleep. Since it's daytime, they're sleeping now, and will be for several more hours. That is above the ground floor, which is their great hall and leads to the front door. The third and fourth floors, we're not sure about, since we've never been able to get in that far, but we believe that the bottom floor is where Gothradon's lair and horde is."

"The goal will be to blow them up and smoke them out. There's a witch in town named Old Hag Murrow, she will be able to give you the explosives. When the bombs go off, the dragons will be trying to get out, or dig in, in which case the militia will be able to block their exit, or keep them locked in. Gothradon will fly out through the secret exit that we know he has, but haven't found yet, in order to attack the militia, upon which I will fly out and do battle with him."

"The important thing right now is the method of entrance and opposition inside. The bat-dragons employ kobolds- small draconic creatures. They guard the front door, and assumedly patroll the inside as well. The front door is at the base of the mountains, south and to the east of Dockside. There's another entrance, on the edge of the lake, where they bring in their supplies and food. They only open it up at night, but it might be worth it trying to open it up and trying to avoid conflict."

 No.645333

>>645332

She hums along with the bass. To the less-hard-of-hearing, it merely sounds like wind passing through her throat and nose.

 No.645334

>>645332
"Why should I give my name to some stranger who just popped up out of the ground like some dirt-covered diamond dog?" Minty snaps back, looking at the grinning face with annoyance.
"Like if Miss DB ever gives a lecture about stranger danger again, you're gonna be the first thing I think of from now on."

 No.645335

>>645332
Rushin' twerks his head as he looks up, rubbing his chin.

"Hmmm… okay, I think I get it. SO! Either way we get in, we're gonna need to smoke 'em out by getting to the bottom floor, while everyone is sleeping on the top floor, and put all the bombs there and set 'em off. How do we get out after we set off the bombs if the entrances are gonna be blocked 'cept for the one we don't know yet?"

 No.645336

>>645332
>>645334
Violet continues hiding behind Minty.

>"Then talk."


Alaster says hopping up onto the railing of the lighthouse facing the sea.

>"If you can't tell, you're kind of freaking them out."

 No.645337

>>645332

Bonnie huffs.

"Yeah, i was disappointed myself. We' ve gone there especially to take care of two at once and after such a struggle, one's just blinked in and out… lamplight, huh? I'll have that in mind" - Bonnie promises, but the Overlich's words catch more of her attention as she thiks about them more - "How do you know this, Mr. Skullheart? Did you happen to have a more skull-to-skull contact with that Varidox guy, out of all the Liches, created against your will?"

She stiffens at the last question of their supposed hope for salvation.

"That… that's a hard question there, Mr. Skullheart. If it could't be me nor one of the adults, who'd certainly manage on their own, ummm… Bang, perhaps? He seemed really content with a world living up to his fantasies. I'd have to ask him about it though… but why wouldn't you be able to send us all in the first place, Mr. Skullheart? Is something the matter with your power returning from those slain Liches?"

 No.645338

>>645336
Minty lets Violet hide.
"Not really freaked out. After that giant, pirate-ship wearing lizard thing? Yeah, not sure what can top that at this point anymore. But can't this freaky junk happen to Bang or Rushin'? Ya know, the ones who *actually* want this kind of stuff to happen to them?"

 No.645339

>>645335
The griffon starts to say something, then pauses, rubbing his beak. "Hm, I hadn't considered that… if you get in through the secret entrance, you should be able to get out that way, but if you get in through the front, the militia should be around to help you get by."

"As for where to set the bombs, you should look for where they keep their arms and armor, as well, so they won't be able to attack in return as well."

>>645333
Bonnie continues her conversation with 'herself' without you noticing. The rumbling starts and stops suddenly.
>>645337
"Varidox was an upstart- only 1200 years old when he was slain. I had used his soul as a lantern until the lantern broke, and he went to hell. He was a weakling, then, since he was young, but he'll be more powerful now, since he's older, and Megadeath is dead."
"As for who you'd leave behind, I'm only curious. Do you rely on the strengths of others?"

>>645336
"I'm not worried much about 'freaking' anyone out- I like to put the fear in them. If you ever need any help from me, though, kill a chicken and say the magic words, 'Zenda Malga Hol,' and I'll see what I can do."
>>645338
"Bang and Rushin'?" The head asks with a smile, "Well, that helps at least a little. I'd be polite and tell you who I was, but since you don't feel like telling the truth, I don't see why I should, either." The cauldron starts to sink back into the shadows, as the face disappears. "This isn't one of mine, by the way." When the cauldron disappears completely, a hand suddenly bursts out from the ground, connected to a muscular arm. The flesh is a bright cyan. Another fist pushes out, followed by a head, body, and legs.

A large, muscular demon with blue skin, red wings, a black eye mask, and a red and white striped speedo stands before you. He flexes. "Whooo wants to swiiiim!" He shouts, his voice bellowing.

 No.645340

Rushin' nods his head, smiling and saluting to Old Grand. "Aye aye, sir! Don't worry, we'll take 'em out of there. Thank you so much for doing this sir." He leaps up, wrapping his forehooves around his foreleg, backing off as he realizes it's on fire and doesn't want to get burnt. He scratches the back of his neck. "It really means a lot to us all… you really are a great hero. Thanks again, I'll go tell 'em right away!"

He leaps from the dining room table, setting off to look for the others to let them know on their plans, but making a point to make the first stop at the Witches for the required bombs.
>In transit after hearing Old Grand's response

 No.645341

>>645339
>>645337

She looks up at Bonnie and gives her a squeeze, pointing at her wrist like checking a watch.

Picking up Bonnie, she then sets her on her back and trots in place, indicating it's time to wrap it up.

 No.645342

File: 1444360196087.gif (772.79 KB, 259x214, WalkingAway.gif)

>>645339
>>645336

Minty looks up at the demon, blinks a few times before giving a sigh. She turns around to head inside the lighthouse.
"Okay, I'm taking this as some weird Celestia-given sign to do…something other than stay here."
She begins to walk out.
"How about Bonnie's idea? But instead of dumb ol' lemonade, we sell cookies instead? That shouldn't lead to…whatever all this is."

 No.645343

>>645342
>>645339
Violet looks at the new monster in shock, and begins walking at a fast pace with Minty out of there.

"Can we see whats happened with the Lich first?" Violet asks, as Alaster hops off the railing and starts walking over to Violet, stepping around the blue swim-demon.

>"Sorry, excuse me, just need to slide past here, thanks."


Before hopping onto Violet's backpack.

 No.645344

>>645339

"Wait, wha… who was he in the first place to live so long and be still called young? Do all humans last that much?"

Bonnie obviously struggles to wrap her head around all that Lich stuff.

"That… would make sense when it comes to being called a lantern, i suppose. Having seen him, i undestand why you'd employ him as an inanimate object in such manner…. but don't you have better light sources around here?"

She ponders for a moment.

"Uhh.. did i get that right? He's more powerful also because Megadeath is gone? As in… you'renot the only one growing stronger with the number of Liches decreasing, Mr. Skullheart?"

>>645341

Taken out of the conversation, the pegasus filly glances at the older one, then nods with undersanding. She sweeps the books, as to stack them nicely to prepare them to be given to the librarian on their way out.
She lets herself be ridden out on Flicker's back, if she's up for it.

 No.645345

>>645343
"Don't know, don't want to know, and don't care enough to want to know," Minty replies back about hearing about the lich again, "though if you wanna go off on your own to find out, go right ahead."

 No.645346

>>645340
The lich gives you a pat on the head. Soon after you leave, you hear a booming sound, and see him heading out into town.
>>645344
"No, he was a lich. We become stronger the older we are, and depending on how many of us there are. There is a 'base amount' that we acquire from just being liches, and that rises as we age- but all the 'base' power is drawn from me, so even though I am older than all of them, they are almost as powerful." Bonnie's voicebox is starting to feel sore. "I need to water my garden. Carry on with purpose and speed, and you will return quickly."
>>645341
Carrying Bonnie out of the library on your back, you run into Rushin'.
>>645342
>>645343
The two of you walk past the demon as he poses. As you walk down the stairs inside the lighthouse, he pursues the two of you. "Oh, come on!" he says, "I wasn't actually asking if you wanted to swim, it was a battle phrase, like, 'let's get explosive!' I've been asleep, I just wanna have a fun fight, is all!"
As you exit the lighthouse, the demon is still pursuing you. Old Grand comes down from the sky, kicking it in the head, knocking it to the ground and rendering him unconscious. He disappears in a puff of foul-smelling smoke.
"Are you two alright?" the lich asks, before cocking his head to the side, "You two are friends with… Rushin'? And Bang, yes?"

 No.645347

>>645339
>>645344

Addendum* - didn't answer Skully's last question:

"Do i? I.. guess so. Not being able to do it on my own is one thing, but i do have faith in some of my companions…"

 No.645348

>>645346
Rushin' looks about the town as he leaves the castle, "Okay, okay, Old Hag Marrow, Old Hag Marrow, Old Mag Harrow…wonder if she has any signs up?"

[1d10] Looking around the town for her

>>645344
>>645341
As he approaches the library and sees Flicker carrying the younger pegasi out, he jumps and runs over. "Bonnie! Flicker! Hey, awesome news: Old Grand agreed! We just gotta do one last favor for him to make the town safer before he dies and…"

He looks up at the library. "Ew. Why are you guys reading? Class isn't back on until we get back to school."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.645349

>>645344
>>645348
>>645346

Rearing back to toss her front legs like a mighty steed, Flicker is sure to put some bounce in her trot for Bonnie's enjoyment.

Upon meeting with Rushin', Flicker give him a brief noogie with the tip of her wing, accompanying it with a wry smirk at his disdain for reading. ["Bonnie wanted to do research. Ground started to shake, so I took us out for air."] she writes.

 No.645350

>>645346
"Do we look alright? We were being followed by some serious stranger danger creepazoid just now," Minty replies back, looking up at Old Grand annoyed.
"And no, I'm not friends with 'King of the Creeps' Rushin'. And I'm definitely not friends with Bang, 'The Stupid Dork Who Got Us Sent To This Stupid World.'"

"Thanks for kicking the crud out of that guy, but we gotta be on our way."
Minty says, beginning to walk past Old Grand.

 No.645351

>>645349
Rushin' chuckles and swings his hooves at the wing ruffling up his mane, "Hehehe, hey, cut it out!" He looks at her notes, "Oh man, Bonnie has you doing homework with her on a FIELD TRIP now?! Wooh, glad I dodged that bullet. Books are boring, Bonnie needs to learn about this crazy new deal called 'fun'."

He stomps his hoof, "Oh! Back on what I was saying, we just gotta do a favor for 'im and smoke out a big dragon and his bat dragon babies from a cave close to the town so the militia can finish 'em off, told me everything we had to do. Can you guys help me and Bang?"

 No.645352

>>645351

She makes a note of the to-do list, then attempts to smooth his mane back into more or less the same shape it held before her defilement. She nods. ["And did he agree to our request in exchange, or is this just step one?"]

 No.645353

>>645346
>>645350
Violet screams as the horrid appearance of the Lich crushes the demon, backing up a few steps.

>"Is it just a law with you people that you make entrances like that?"


Alaster says telepathically to Grand, looking back to Violet whose cowering.

>"I mean, its not like I look like death rolled over, I'll make as horrifying an entrance as possible. That will show the small children I'm wanting to talk with I mean them no harm."


He says sarcastically.

>"But anyway. What happened with Rushin and Bang?"

 No.645354

>>645346

The lil pegasus clears her throat, as she believes there's just a little more she needs to endure as far as this bizarre method of communication went. The most intereting moments were when she wanted and tried to say something the moment the Overlich did..

"Alrighty~. Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me, Mr. Skullheart. Get to them planties, not holding you up. Hoping to hear you soon?"

>>645349

Bonnie smiles and then laughs heartily at the display of youthful vigor and humour by her companion, clearly enjoying the ride, using her wings to balance herself as to not give in to the momentum of the wild ride at the first moment.

"Weeee~"

>>645348

Bonnie snickers.

"One rarely has to bother reading stuff over when you're paying enough attention in the class, Rushin. That leaves it for enterainment, among others… but no, we went there for a reason. Knowledge's power, you know? Also, good going! I reckon that took some persuading. What's the favor he asked for?"

 No.645355

>>645352
Rushin' blushes as his mane is smoothed back, looking down at the ground as it's straightened again. "Heh, th-thanks, ma'am… Flicker."

He looks at the new note, then nods his head, "Just this one thing and he's agreed to give up his life: we just have to smoke them out so he can kill the big one, so the town can be safer, and then he's gonna give up the lich power for us. He promised, he's good for it."

>>645354
"Uuuuh… Bonnie, I don't think books that aren't comics really go under 'entertainment'. They're bland, colorless sleeping pills. But, I guess we do need to know more about this place. Wish they had a TV or something for that here instead, I can watch TV for research."

He snickers, "Nah, he was pretty reasonable after all. All we have to do is sneak a bomb into a dragon's hideout to smoke him and his minions out for the militia and him to take out before he dies."

 No.645356

>>645355

She pats his shoulder approvingly. ["Good on you for taking that initiative to approach him."] she pauses, sneaking glances at the direction Rush came from.

["Does Bang still think I'm evil incarnate or whatever he was calling me earlier?"] she scribbles bitterly.

 No.645357

>>645351
>>645355

"Everyone up to their tastes… but i can totally imagine someone making a video game out of our adventures after all of that. Just enough fightning and drama to become a bestseller… if you ever happen to rush forwards into time, care to check on that? I'd be sure to play as myself… " - she chuckles a bit - "… even if others would find my side-quests a bit boring and over-the-top."

She focuses her attention at the matter at hand again:

"Sounds, uhh… reasonable? As long as we don't have to fight them… i mean, are those real, huge dragons?" - Bonnie asks, quite concerned. She tries to discern where does Rushin have the bomb on him - "Any plan as to how are we going to do that? And where is their lair, anyway?"

 No.645358

>>645348
The Zombie Dog barks several times as you say his name. As you scan the street, you see a dome-shaped white-brick building in the alley between two other buildings, with a sign saying 'Old Hag Murrow' sticking out the top of it. It's less than eight feet tall- whoever Old Hag Murrow is, she must be tiny.
>>645349
>>645354
You chat pleasantly with Rushin' as he fills you in on what's going on.

Heading down the street to the hut, Rushin' finds the door unlocked. Heading in, he, Flicker, and Bonnie find the inside to be a large dome with wooden floors, desks and tables pushed to the edge, covered in bottles, books, and other things. A bell chime goes off as you come in. "Coming, coming!" An old voice says from the opposite end of the dome, and in comes a tiny old woman, her back bent forwards so far it'd be perfect for reading over someone's shoulder, if she could get over it. Her face looks like it was carved out of wood that had absorbed water, with a nose that could put a vulture to shame sticking out. She was wearing a lime green cardigan, a white apron, and a straw hat with a dead crow pinned to it.
"What can I do for you children today?" she asks with a smile on her face. You can see a nametag on her apron that says 'Old Hag.'

>>645350
"Oh, you're not? My mistake, saw you with those two yesterday." He relaxes his posture, breathing heavily, "They're going to do some, huh, pretty dangerous stuff, so you'd probably want to stay out of the way of that, don't want to get yourself hurt."
>>645353
"Oh, my, I'm sorry," he says, "The children here love it, I suppose they're more used to it than you would be. When the 'Detect Evil' signal goes off, I go charging out as fast as I can. I've been pulling that since I was twelve, always gets a kick out whoever's nearby."
"We've worked out a deal. There's a cave of dragons nearby that's going to be a problem in the future if I'm dead, so they agreed to go over and smoke the dragons out, so I can kill their leader, die, and you all can go on to the next one." He squats down, panting from the heavy exertion on his body.

 No.645359

>>645356
Rushin' grins like an idiot, rubbing his hoof, "Awww, heck, it wasn't anything. You know, that's just the kind of stallion I am."

As she brings up Bang on the pad, he mumbles, "Um… maybe a little? I think I talked him down a little bit earlier but I guess he's still upset for some reason. Let me try him again I know I can change his mind."

>>645357
Rushin's eyes go blank.
"That… maybe the best idea I have ever heard. When we get back we should TOTALLY make this into a video game! It'd get, like ALL the best reviews and we'd all be jillionaires! I'll have a movie wide screen the size of a house to play it on!"


Thinking back on the task, he coughs, "Huh? Oh, I think so, but we just need to worry more about these things called kobolds than the dragons themselves: they're sleeping right now. And, I don't have a plan yet, but I figure we could come up with one before we get there. First gotta get the bomb from this lady Old Grand told me to ask.

 No.645360

>>645358
>>645358
AS Marrow barks, Rushin' shushes, "C'mon boy, you know I didn't mean you right? Now help me find the hag's…" He looks up at the building with the sign, blinking.

"Oh. Well alright then! Let's go."

As he comes up to the tiny shop, he stares up, confused at how any adult ponies could possibly get in here. "Wow. Old Hag Murrow must be like a dwarf or midget pony. Hope she doesn't have a funny voice cause… man, I don't know if I could stop myself from laughing."

He heads on in, seeing the kindly, tiny old mare in front of them. He waves at her.
"Hiya! I'm told you make bombs? I kinda need one please, Miss Old Hag."

 No.645361

>>645358
"Thanks Captain Obvious. Because I clearly wasn't already planning on doing that," Minty says, dripping with sarcasm.

At the mention of dragons; not dragon, dragon'S', Minty stares at Grand.
"…when did anypony ever think sending fillies and colts to fight dragons was a good idea? Like…what the hay, ya freaking lunatic!"

 No.645362

>>645359
>>645360

"Riiight… gonna get back to you on that later."

As they head in and Rushin actually makes his request, Bonnie coughs a little, perplexed.

"Umm… not sure if you're familiar with such requests, Mrs. Murrow, but yeah, truth is we actually need one. For a noble goal, that is. To help the city with the… dragon issue."

 No.645363

>>645359

["I'd talk to him myself, but he clams up whenever I so much as look at him after that argument we had."] she notes. ["You know him better than I do, how obstinate is he?"]

>>645358

Herself unclear on the reason, she lets Rushin make plot conversation.

 No.645364

>>645362
He daydreams, "Ooooh… maybe we'll get to meet the guy who made Megamare. He'll definitely make a game out of this, it's too awesome not to. Or a TV show! Starring ourselves! I'm a great actor you know Bonnie."

>>645363
He clicks his tongue, "Yeaaah… he definitely wasn't too happy afterwards and I don't know how still worked up over it he is. I mean, we're on the same page now, how bad could it be?"

As he reads the word, he strains, "Obstin… um. Uh. Sorry, can you remind me on that one? If it means mad I think not a lot, just more upset I guess."

 No.645365

>>645358
>>645361
Violet continues staying away from the Lich.

>"Weren't you the filly who went and fought pirates on a whim earlier?"


Alaster cuts in to Minty.

>"But she has a point. Why aren't you smoking out these dragons?"


Alaster asks Grand.

 No.645366

>>645364

She scribbles out 'obstinate', cheekily substituting 'recalcitrant' above it.

 No.645367

>>645365
"Well, pirates are one thing, Alaster. I know I can beat up pirates," Minty says, puffing her chest proudly.
"Dragons, however, are giant and way scarier. And he said there was a cave of dragons. I can handle a crew of pirates, but a crew of dragons? Yea-no, I'd end up as the jelly on their next PB&J."

 No.645368

>>645366
Rushin's lips purse at the sounding of the new word. "Re-cal-suh-traant?" He blushes again, trying to figure out if he's heard that word somewhere before. "Uhhhh…. I-I don't think Deathblossom's gotten to that one yet, can't you give me a REAL word?"

 No.645369

>>645368

Musing smugly over her lexicon, she considers prolonging the teasing as she studies his stuck expression.

["Stubborn."] she eventually writes. ["Are you sure you're ready for the vocab quiz tomorrow?"]

 No.645370

>>645364

Upon being reminded of the classic, Bonnie nods slowly.

"That would be nice… didn't he have some sort of inspiration in real life when creating her as well? Seeing the order in which we can choose the Liches to fight with does remind of Megamare… Aas for awesome… hmm, for certain, it would make for a non-linear game - and one you could play many times, with different characters' perspectives. Actor… think they'll need our voices recorded? It sure's going to be a hassle recalling everythin we said though.."

 No.645371

>>645360
>>645362
>>645363
"Hmm, bombs?" She asks, scratching her nose, "Hold on, let me see what's on your mind." She reaches out with the hand that wasn't scratching her nose, putting it on Rushin's head. It starts to flow, emanating a warm, blue aura. She pulls back, nodding. "Mm, yes, yes, I see, a multi-floor operation to smoke up a dragon's lair so those little lizards will get out of their hole and their papa will fly out to end up slain, excellent. You'll need something with a powerful blast, and that burns with a smoke that dragons won't be able to ignore. Remote detonation, too, yes, I'll be able to whip that up for you. I'll bill it to Old Grand, too, he'll be able to foot the bill, a-heh-heh, or at least his wifey will. Old Beaky and I didn't get along too well, but I'm flattered he knows who's the best at what she does."

The witch goes over to a desk, pulling out materials and starting to work with them. "So what're you planning to do after he dies, hmm?"

>>645361
"Haven't you participated in such things before?" He asks, "Fighting the undead with your community? Chasing devil bats out of the trees? I'd been doing that when I was five, it's nothing too difficult."
>>645365
"If you're asking me why they're doing it, though, it's because they need me to die for a purpose. But I don't want to die and leave my town undefended from the closest threat, so we worked out a deal for them to do it. I can't go barging in to the lair, myself, because I can't be too active for too long or I'll fall asleep. The Flamewings are best at self-defense and evacuating citizens, and they want me to live. The town militia's good at holding pikes and shields, but they're not good enough for offensives, so they'd get killed if they tried doing such a thing. Your classmates are the solution to the problem, and I was willing to work the deal out with them. They've got a goal they're working towards, and they're willing to take the risk to get it done." He sits down on the ground, looking exhausted. "Hoo, I just ate and I'm hungry again."

 No.645372

>>645371

Bonnie shrugs.

"Thank you. Uhh… drive away, i guess? I'm not sure if we'd have stuff to do in this town anymore… and no, i don't think we're going to need explosives afterwards if that''s what you're asking, Mrs. Murrow…"

 No.645373

>>645369
"Ooooooh!" Rushin' sighs, "Well why didn't you just say stubborn? There shouldn't be all these dumb long hard words if there's an easy one…"

He nods his head, "Yeah, I'm totally ready. Go on, try me again, I'll nail it."

>>645370
"I don't know if he had real life robot mares to give him inspiration, but that'd be amazing if true." He considers the liches on the map, "Huh… you know, yeah, it is kinda just like the game! Only the bosses don't usually run away right as you're about to beat 'em, or the bosses aren't good guys."

He shakes his head, "And yeah, we would but that's okay: we can just make stuff up if we forget that basically means whatever we meant at the time. We could make it cooler!"

>>645371
Rushin' backs off slightly as she puts the hand on his head, "Woah, hey, whatcha…"

He stops as he feels the warmness take over, feeling slightly comfortable while still a bit uneasy as she reads his mind.

"Woaah… you just read my mind! That is like… did you just look at the last few hours or do you like now my birthday and everything now?"

He pauses as she asks, "Um.. well, after he dies that's our business done here with the lich gone. SO I guess it's just off to the next town."

 No.645374

>>645371
>>645373
"Yeah! After we finished up here, we gotta go find all the other hopefully evil liches!" Bang exclamates.

 No.645375

>>645371

She nods to affirm Rushin' and Bonnie's accounts.

>>645373

["Oh, so you just want the easy words? Okay, we can start slow."]

She taps her chin in thought. ["Deter."]

 No.645376

>>645373

"I suppose so. Overall, that's going to take a lot of effort, but i guess it would be worth it… not to mention the producers would probably have their say in what we tell anyway.

Bonnie thinks for a moment on the contradictions presented by the unicorn and strikes back at Rushin's examples with the confidence of a seasoned player:

"Vile in intro to the the first X game. Zero, after the fourth one."

 No.645377

>>645373
>>645376

However, she ponders for a moment and adds:

"Wait, no… you actually can shoot at Vile's armor there, it's just that he escapes before you get stricte to him as Zero appeards… oh, i know a better example! Copy X Mark II from the third Zero game!"

 No.645378

>>645371
>>645367
>"A bunch of schoolfillies is better then your town's militia?"

 No.645379

>>645373
>>645376
>>645377

"Wait, no, that's wrong either, in a way. In that intro, the boss is actually Omega, and Copy X doesn't escape, he simply leaves alongside Harpuia and Wile… uhh… hold on, i know i can actually get a decent example…"

 No.645380

>>645371
>>645378
"No, I just went to school. All the bigger ponies handled the bigger, scarier stuff."

"Yeah? Well you and their risks are gonna get them killed. Have fun living with that," Minty then begins to walk away from the area.
"Now if you don't mind, we got to get our teach some stupid gold because she doesn't want to get it herself."

 No.645381

>>645374
He nods, "Hehehe, yeah, there's still a good bunch that have GOT to be bad."

>>645375
"Hah! Okay, I got this… deter…. deter…"

Rushin stares at the word, contemplating it, sticking his tongue out the side to concentrate. "Mmmmmmm….. it's… making something late, right?"

>>645376
"No way, I would make it fit to OUR vision, not some producer suit. But yeah, the effort would be totally worth it!"

"Oh, right… well technically Vile beats you up first, we were winning against the fire lich."

>>645379
He smiles, "Well hey, that's awesome: I didn't know you played video games, Bonnie, you should play at my house with Violet and Bang sometime."

 No.645382

>>645381

She stops to consider the answer. ["It can be, in certain contexts. You get a fifth of a gold star for that. It means to prevent someone from doing something with a threat."] she draws a segment of a star next to the word.

["How about associate?"]

 No.645383

>>645381
"I mean the first two were bad, maybe this guy got the lich power from a bad lich."

 No.645384

>>645372
"Please, EVERYONE needs explosives," Old Hag Murrow says with a smug look on her face and a chuckle at the end.
>>645373
"Well, you don't want to be going up north," she says, "That's where the Coldland Empire is. No liches up there, last I heard, but it's fulla bad guys nonetheless."
>>645374
"After you all finish up here, I'll have to ask you to stay back a while," she says, "Got something to talk to you about."
>>645375
She gives you an OK sign with her hands, wordlessly affirming your wordless affirmation.

>>645378
The lich gives out a raspy laugh. "Haha, not exactly. The dragons there are bat-dragons, they're asleep during the day. The ones they'll be fighting, if at all, are kobolds. They're like tiny dragon cousins. They'll just need to be quiet and stealthy and they'll be alright."
>>645380
"'Those who dare, win,'" he says, standing up after he catches his breath, "I don't know who said that, but those are good words to live by. In case I don't see you again, have a nice life." With that said, he starts strolling up the street, cracking his bones as he stretches.

 No.645385

>>645381

Bonnie pauses her musings and smiles.

"Yeah… i do. Just not as often. Trying to balance things out with other stuff. I do appreciate the offer. I might give you three a try once we get things done here… and yeah, it sure would be worth it."

Wondering continues…

"Who do you think that would place Skullheart as? Quest-giver/operator? One, who coordinates progress and gives hints on the game? Do you think he'll get to play a bigger role than just that and ending our campaign arc?"

>>645384

Bonnie thinks for a while after that… and smiles, giving sorta unexpected answer perhaps:

"… i agree with you."

Adding just a moment later:

"Engines being powered by a series of little explosions. Hehe."

 No.645386

>>645384
>"So, stealthier then your militia? I'm just trying to see the rationale here."

Alaster asks before he leaves.
>>645380
Violet speaks up as Minty goes to leave.

"Shouldn't we find Rushin and the others, before they do something like this?"

 No.645387

>>645384
"What do you want to talk to us about?" He asks with a slight tilt to his head.

 No.645388

>>645384

She waits to see what the witch wants to talk about.

 No.645389

>>645384
Minty simply rolls her eyes at Grand's words and continuing her walk.

>>645386
"Yeah, maybe we should. Or maybe they already know what they're going to do since he told us," Minty replies back, "not like they'll say no anyway, so why bother trying to find them?"

 No.645390

>>645389
"I'd feel better if we at least heard what exactly they're planning from them…"

 No.645391

>>645390
Minty gives a sigh, equal parts annoyed and defeated.
"Fine. Might as well say goodbye to the Dork Squad before they go and get eaten."

 No.645392

>>645382
Rushin sighs, "Darn it, I knew I was close… but, alright, thanks, I'll remember that one now."

He looks at the next word, "Oh! Okay, I got that one. That means being friends with someone."

>>645383
"That could be it… I mean, you gotta get lich powers from somewhere. I think we've hit our quota of good liches at this point, I hope so at least."

He looks over at Flicker, then pulls on Bang's leg to whisper away from where she can't hear (forgetting entirely she's deaf) "Hey, uh, question: you're not still mad at Flicker are you?"

>>645385
"Hey, I do too: I play outside, read comics, watch TV, I have lots of hobbies. Just none that are books."

He muses the thought, "Probably we'd make him a quest-giver or tutorial guy. He hasn't really given us a lot of hints."

>>645384
"Hmm, I'll have to double check the map, but if you say so. We're just looking to go home and the liches are our ticket, so if it's just regular bad guys we'll have to let other heroes handle that deal. They have heroes up there right?"

"Also, just how big is the bomb gonna be?"

 No.645393

>>645392

Her mouth scrunches as she considers how to apply the 'close enough' rule to the situation.

["It works well enough. That word can also mean linking concepts together, and not just ponies. A whole star!"] and she draws a full star this time.

She cracks a smile. ["Well, I lied about the vocab quiz. But, if DB does give you a quiz, I just totally got you an 'A'. Aren't I the best?"]

 No.645394

>>645385
"Besides combustion engines, I mean," she says, "Blowing down walls, causing distractions, blowing someone to bits, nothing's as versatile and useful as explosives, a-he-heh."
>>645387
>>645388
"Just you, donkey," Old Hag Murrow says, "It's about the Magic Royale, and my participation. But you're heading out to get this done, so I'll wait until after that."
>>645392
She comes over to you all with a freshly-finished one. It's about a foot wide all around, with a ruby-tipped stopper pushed into the top. "There's one. It's got a thin shell, a very potent explosive mixture, as well as brimstone on the inside, so it'll smell worse than rotten egg farts and the inside of a cow."

"I don't know much more about life up north. I hear they decide on what a child's going to do from when they're born, and the government officials fight each other to be on top."

>>645390
>>645391
As you walk through the streets, you pass by a small dome-shaped building made of white bricks, with the sign 'Old Hag Murrow's Explosives and Such' on top of it. It's less than eight feet tall, so there's got to be some pretty tiny explosives inside.

 No.645395

>>645394

Peeved with what she perceives as unnecessary secrecy, Flicker takes the bomb, being the best qualified to handle it delicately. Doing so, she turns to leave when everyone is ready.

 No.645396

>>645392
>>645393
>>645394


Bonnie nods, content to just let the conversation unfurl there for a moment, as she observes Flicker's little trick being put into action.

"I'm guessing that it's your special talent f you're so convinced… how long have you been into doing such explosives? Have you set up the shop only recently, if you named it "Old Hag's" or did you change the it along the way?"

>>645395

After she hears the answer she follows where needed.

 No.645397

>>645393
Rushin' smiles, looking at it. "W-wow… for real? I can't remember the last time I got a gold star… you sure?"

As she mentions the quiz, Rushin' groans, "AH! I knew I hadn't forgotten a big quiz somewhere in my head, but yeah: now that I have this I'll get an A+ for sure. Thanks Flicker." He holds up his hoof to bump.

>>645394
Rushin' looks to the bomb, eager to hold it as she passes before Flicker being a responsible mare takes it from him. He droops his ears in disappointment at not getting to hold a weapon of mass destruction. "Aaaaaah…."


"Oooh, awesome, so it's a major stink bomb? Even Minty will have to appreciate THAT!"
"Well, I wouldn't like living up north if some grown up was gonna tell me what to do the day I was born… but, it's not really in our sights right now. Need to focus on getting home first and all."

He reaches up to put a bit on the counter, "A tip, thanks a ton lady, we really appreciate it."

 No.645398

>>645392
"Nnnnoooo… but she does scare me a bit…"

>>645394
"Oh! You're part of the Magic Royale? Does that mean we have to spar and see who's the winner after I help old grand?" He asks with enthusiasm

 No.645399

>>645398
Rushin' puts a hoof on Bang's withers, "She can be pretty scary to watch with the gun, but she's not meaning to be mean or scary towards us. She's super nice, man, she got me a gold star. A gold star! You know the last time I got a gold star?"

 No.645400

>>645397

She bumps the hoof, locks it, then pulls it back sharply with a mouthed "cha-kow!"

 No.645401

>>645399
"When was the last time you got a gold star?"

 No.645402

>>645394
Violet keeps walking, possibly being seen by the others as she passes near the building.

 No.645403

>>645402
>kinda same boat. Yay wasted time

 No.645404

>>645400
He pulls it back, winking and saying 'Chi-kow!' out loud, mimicing.

>>645401
He raises his hoofs up, "Like, a million years! DB hates me in class, I swear. Well I do okay in gym, but never on the other stuff everyone seems to care more about."

 No.645405

>>645404
"What about reading class? I like reading."

 No.645406

>>645405
"Gah, you too? Bonnie was reading for FUN earlier. I like comics or anything that has pictures but books are just the most boring thing imaginable. I drool on my desk trying to make it through the one we were going through last semester, the one about the flies and who lords over them or something?

 No.645407

>>645396
"It's been around a while," she says, "It's got an enchantment on it. During my open hours, it appears whenever someone wants or is looking for something inside it, so the outside moves all the time. It's actually close to the Emerald Forest, it's where I go to get things like burning myconids for firebombs, as well as other resources. And Old Hag's my first name. Good thing I have such longevity, isn't it?"
>>645397
The witch finishes with the others fairly quickly, once she gets into the swing of things, handing them off to Flicker. "Oh sure, that's understandable. Just giving you a word of warning, is all."
>>645398
"Sparring would be putting it lightly, child," She says, "I've had to put many down throughout the years. That hairy old rat Durvane sent you here first to see what I would do, I bet, but he'll see what happens." She gives you a smile. "Good luck, sweetie, don't get into any trouble." You feel a hand patting you on the head, but both her hands are down in front of her as she wrings them cheerfully.
>>645395
The bomb slips from your hooves, landing on the floor and going off suddenly, killing everyone.
Or it would have, had you not been careful with it. Good job.
Once you leave the store, you realize you're in a completely different part of town, close to the shore and the lighthouse. You see Minty and Violet nearby.

>>645403
>>645402
The door to the building opens up. The dinging of a bell alerts you, and you see Flicker come out with her saddlebags filled with large, round objects, potentially of an explosive kind.

 No.645408

>>645407
He waves good by to Old Hag Marrow, "Thanks again, ma'am! We'll be careful, don't worry. If we need more bombs we'll be sure to come back!" He leaves the tiny shop, stretching his legs as he's given more room.

"Woooooh. Feels better. Alright, now we're all equipped except for…"

>>645407
>>645403
>>645402
He spots Minty and Violet, running up towards them from the shop. "Oh hey, guys! There you are, where you been! Got great news!"

 No.645409

>>645402
>>645403
>>645407

Bombs in tow, she reaches over and squeezes Minty, but pats Violet gingerly on the shoulder, in greeting. She then looks to someone more knowledgeable than she for instructions on where and when to deliver the bomb.

 No.645410

>>645407
>>645408
"Yeah, we heard, creep," Minty says, testing out a new nickname for Rushin'.
"What they hay are you thinking? Going into a cave full of dragons and junk. Like…why? Just why?"

 No.645411

>>645409
"Uhmm…hi to you too, Flicker," she says, looking uneasy in the squeeze again.

 No.645412

>>645408
Violet looks over, noticing Rushin, and walks over.

"If you're talking about the dragons, we've already heard. Isn't there another way to deal with this?"
>>645409
Violet pulls back slightly at the touch.

 No.645413

>>645410
"Oh, you heard? Who told you, we only just finished talking with Old… Creep?" He lowers his brow, "Hey, I'm not a creep. Take that back, Minty!"

He snorts, "And as for why, we're doing Old Grand a favor before he dies: he wants to make this town a little safer, and if we can scare out the bat dragons with a big ass bomb so he can kill their daddy."

>>645412
"I don't think there would be if there was: he needs the militia at the front gate to keep 'em in, and himself to take out the daddy. We're the only ones who can sneak a bomb in, and it's not like we're fighting the dragons head on. They're gonna be asleep on a different floor, all we have to worry about is either beating up or sneaking past a bunch of these little things called kobolds, Violet. C'mon, you and that morpher got this."

 No.645414

"Have you ever read 'Where the Red Fern Grows'?"

>>645407
"But I thought it was just some sort of fun friendly duel, the guy said I had to kill but I couldn't do that, it wouldn't be a good guy thing to do."

 No.645415


 No.645416

>>645407

"Aaaah, that so… well, guess this place has its own customs when it comes to naming. That sure is a nice option, too. Yo don't get unwanted guests, do you…? Alright, thanks for help, Mrs. Murrow. See you later!"

>>645408

"So, yeah… which way, exactly?"

 No.645417

>>645413
"Nope. You act a creep, you're gonna be treated a creep," she says, sticking her gooey tongue out at him.

"And yeah, that Old Grand guy told us what he got you doing. And why do you care so much? Its not like this is our town, and when we go home, its not like we'll be coming back here."

 No.645418

>>645411
>>645412

She lets them both go, conscious of their boundaries. She writes, ["I don't know either, but doing this will result in the lich giving up his power, I'm told. Thus I'm going along with it."

 No.645419

>>645413
>>645417

"From what it seems, we're all going to be doing some creeping around today. It seems there's no other way, so why don't you just leave it at that?"

 No.645420

File: 1444370588094.png (357.5 KB, 640x480, Foreshadowing.png)

>>645413
Violet looks slightly more at ease when told the dragons will be asleep on another floor, and they won't have to fight them.

"But what if they wake up? Can't dragons breathe fire, and fly?"

 No.645421

>>645414
He shakes his head, "Uuuh, no, I don't think I read that one. I guess it's about a red fern? That sounds kind of boring, does it have any pictures?"

>>645417
He looks shocked, "WHAT? WHEN have I acted like a creep? Name once!"

"And I care because he's willing to die after it's done: he's a good guy who wants to help us get home, even if it means he has to die to do it, so I figure even you would have a sense of what it means to owe someone a favor, Minty."

>>645419
>>645416
He looks to Bonnie, "The mountain we're they're all sleeping has a entrance to the southeast, or a secret way in by the lake. I think we can take either without waking them up."

>>645420
"That's why we're gonna be super sneaky and super good at putting bombs in places they can't see so they won't do any of that." He says with the utmost confidence.

 No.645422

>>645421
"It's a book about his boys and two dogs… It was really really sad though…"

 No.645423

>>645408
Old Hag *Murrow waves back. "Oh I'm sure you will," she says with a smile.
>>645414
"Good to hear it, sweetie," she says, "We can talk about it when you get back."

 No.645424

>>645421

"One question. Are we not going to become ivolved in the mess afterwards one way or another? Don't think the dragons would kindly take to their lair being blasted, for sure, but… how exactly are we going to coordinate our effoets with both the Lich and militia? Especially if things go wrong?"

 No.645425

>>645418
"You too?" Minty says in disbelief.

>>645419
"Well count me out. There is no way, and no reason, for me to end up as the jelly on some dragon's toast."

>>645421
"When you suggested I give you a kiss for saving me from the pirates, which you totally didn't!"

"Rush, I just want to go home. And more importantly, I want to be alive when I get home. If he really cared about us going home, he should've kicked the bucket and let us on our merry way, 100 percent sure we wouldn't be dragon chow, and have some other group of ponies plant the stupid bomb."

 No.645426

>>645421
Violet doesn't look too sure.

 No.645427

>>645425

["Bang, among other 'forces', shrieked at the top of their lungs and held the threat of violence over my head if I did not comply with a roundabout solution. Had it been merely Bang, I would have dealt with it normally and not risk a single one of your well-beings. Of course, my hooves were tied by forces beyond my control, otherwise I'd have blown away the lich yesterday. You know I won't ask anyone who isn't in agreement with the plan to set hoof in the lair."]

 No.645428

>>645422
He raises his brow, looking down at their shared dog Marrow.

"I like dogs. How sad is it? I don't know if I like where it's headed."

>>645424
"Old Grand said he'd make sure everyone was in position after we went in: after we set off the bomb, the dragons will all be trying to get out: we can find our own way out through the secret way that leads to the lake."

>>645425
"When… WHAT?!" Rushin' looks shocked, "You dumbie, I wasn't asking for a kiss, gross! I was just listing EXAMPLES of what damsels give heroes, you know!? Jeez!"

He snorts, "He can't just kick the bucket, Minty, he has a whole town to worry about. We were gonna fight something either way when we came here, why not make it something easy like placing a bomb for a bunch of sleeping dragons? We don't even have to fight 'em!"

>>645426
He frowns at Violet, "Ah, come on, Violet, it'll work out great. You have your morpher don't ya? We're just beating up a bunch of little lizards and setting off a big old stink bomb… and I could really use all the help I can get on this."

He looks down, "Please? I'll owe you."

 No.645429

>>645423

Rolling out to the side-entrance.

 No.645430

>>645427
"Once again; Bang making our lives miserable," Minty says, throwing her hooves up in the air.

>>645428
"You're the gross dumbie! You could've said a whole bunch of other junk, but no, you picked 'a kiss' and nothing else!"

"Oh yeah, right, like they're totally not gonna wake up when we set a hoof in their dumb cave. Especially if we're beating up those little lizard things; you don't think they're gonna yell out for those big dragons to wake up and eat us?!"

 No.645431

>>645428
"Well you gotta read it if you wanna figure it out. Too bad you said books were boring." He says with a bit of a smirk.

 No.645432

>>645428
"It doesn't sound like we have much a choice do we?" Violet says, stomach knotting up with worry and fear.

 No.645433

>>645430
"It was just on the tip of my head when thinking of heroes and junk, sue me! It was perfectly normal to think that, you drama blob."

"And everyone knows dragons are super heavy sleepers. Right? Yeah that's right I think… They're humongous, their snores will probably be louder than any noise we make."

>>645333
As Flicker starts moving along, he quickly follows on her heels. "Wait up, right behind ya!"

>Moving to the mountain entrance by the lake


>>645432
He shakes his head, "Well, it's what I want to do for Old Grand if he's gonna give up his life so we can take the lich part of him away. Feel like I owe him that much. Grandpa I'm pretty sure told me to always square your accounts with ponies, pay your dues."

He frowns as he notices the knotted up look, "Um… look, Violet, I could really use your help here but I don't wanna you to feel like I'm forcing you to, you know?"

>>645431
He lowers his ears, "Well, they are! And I'm not sure if I would like it if it's that sad… wait. Do they have a movie of it?"

 No.645434

>>645433
>>645408
"If I don't go, you'll all die."

She says turning and following Flicker, Alaster following behind her.

 No.645435

>>645433
He shrugs. "Maybe, I just remember reading it back at the orphanage. We have a lot of books."

 No.645436

>>645435
He looks worried. "Don't they have video games, or TV's, or toys?"

>>645434
He shakes his head, "Nah, look at me: we'd be fine!" He chuckles nervously. "I'm awesome, remember?"

 No.645437

>>645436
"Oh we have a few video games, like we all get chances to use the gamecolt handheld and the systems. Just that most who wait for their turns have to do something else, so we either play or read."

 No.645438

File: 1444372888966.jpg (223.47 KB, 1000x1000, Secret Door.jpg)

>>645429
>>645431
>>645433
>>645434
>>645430
You all move out of town, heading out along the shoreline to where the mountains meet the water, eventually coming to a fjord. Heading in, you all eventually reach a dock, and find a large wooden door reinforced with steel belts built into the mountain rock. At the top of the door is a small sigil, and to the side are 35 stone buttons, arranged into a 7x5 grid.
>paused

 No.646656

File: 1445566393326.png (538.88 KB, 918x1024, G1 Minor Ponies 3x3.png)

The party stands before a pair of wooden doors reinforced with steel belts, which form the secret entrance to the Dragon's Lair that they must break into. Atop the door is a sigil of a dragon drawn in an angular fashion, with blackstone buttons built next to it in the mountain wall.

Grey clouds have formed in the sky, and raindrops start to fall. A cold wind blows through, giving everyone the shivers.

>Buttons are assigned names based on their grid positioning. A button in the first column in the first row is 1x1, a button in the third column in the fourth row is 3x4.

 No.646657

>>646656

"Alright…" - Bonnie turns towards Bang&Rushin - "… i believe you two know what to do? You do, right?"

 No.646658

>>646657
>>646656
"Uhhhhhh…." Rushin' repeats, looking at the large, extremely tightly sealed door and the buttons off to the side.

"I don't think Old Grand mentioned an elevator or something. I dunno what's all this."

He looks up at the stone buttons, standing up on his hind legs to reach it. "Maybe it just like an elevator, you gotta hit buttons to open the doors."

[1d10] Hitting buttons along the bottom where he can reach easiest randomly

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.646659

>>646656
Feeling the rain begin to fall, Minty has some goo on her head sprout up, then fan out like an umbrella to keep herself dry…sort of.
"Oh, a big door. Looks like we'll have to turn around, forget about this place, and just go to the next spot in our trip through this dumb world," Minty says, giving up on the puzzle before even so much as looking at it.

 No.646660

>>646656
Violet hugs her hoodie closer to herself, her hood up, looking up at the huge door as Rushin presses the button.

 No.646661

>>646659
"Ah, Minty, c'mon, this'll probably be the hardest part of this whole deal. You never solved puzzles before?"

He looks back, "I mean, I don't either cause puzzles are dumb, but I've sat through 'em before. They're not that bad, right?"

 No.646662

>>646658
Mashing buttons doesn't do anything but turn the space they're laid in blue, before the whole thing flashes blue, and the lights go out.

 No.646663

>>646658
>>646661
>>646662

"Yeah, but.. you didn't just break it, did you?"

Bonnie looks concerned at the lights switching out, trying to think out the patter on her own.

 No.646664

>>646661
"No, the hardest part is gonna be not becoming dragon chow in the cave," Minty says, smiling in a seemingly smug as the buttons do nothing.

"And I've solved puzzles plenty of times. I just never wrote them down, so Miss DB would give me an F for not doing anything and junk."
She pauses in thought.
"Jigsaw puzzles are dumb, though. All the tiny pieces get stuck in my goo and then don't fit right."

 No.646665

>>646662
Rushin' looks at the blue lights as they turn about the buttons, mystified.

"Huh? Well that was weird, didn't open up…"

Looking at the 35 buttons and, wondering if it'd do that twice, puts the buttons in a slightly more specific order, spelling out

R U

S H

along the grid in big letters.

[1d10]

>>646663
"I don't know, lemme see if I can do it again."

>>646659
"You know Minty, you're kind of worrying a bit too much on these dragons. They're all gonna be asleep and totally on a different floor and everything, the way the plan goes we shouldn't even see 'im at all. Just going down to plant something that will smoke 'em all out, sounded kinda fun to me."

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.646666

>>646665
"That because I wanna be, oh I dunno…ALIVE when I get home and not a big, smelly dragon turd!"

 No.646667

>>646662
>>646664
>>646665
>>646666
Violet listens to Minty and Rushin's argument, not speaking up as they try and figure out the door.

 No.646668

>>646665
This time, the stones turn yellow as you push them, but then the whole thing flashes yellow and goes out once you finish, and the door doesn't open.

 No.646669

>>645438

"Maybe the pictures shows which figure must be drawn from the buttons being pressed - and in what order?"

Bonnie tries the following combination:

2x7
3x6
3x5
4x4
5x3
5x4
5x5
4x4
3x3
2x4
1x5
1x4
1x3
2x4
3x5
3x4
3x3
3x2
3x1
4x2

 No.646670

>>646666
"Alive?" Rushin' repeats aloud, turning back to her. "Minty c'mon, of course we'll all be alive when we get home. We won't be fighting any dragons head on, we're just setting up a bomb downstairs that will make 'em all leave the palce, and then the militia will fight 'em. They'll never even know we're down there."

He scratches his neck, "I mean, Old Grand probably wouldn't ask kids to do this if he thought'd it be THAT dangerous."

>>646669
>>646668
>>646667
As his name lights up, he laughs
"HA! You see that? That was my name! Only, in yellow this time. Hope that's not too bad…"

He turns to see Passy making her pattern. "What are you doing? I can't tell what you're making yet."

 No.646671

>>646668
>>646667

Flicker starts to sketch Violet while the others attack the door.

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.646672

>>646669
This time, as you do it, the lights glow red from your button presses, but as you finish drawing them in the shape of the dragon sigil on top of the door, they all flash green. The door swings open, leading into a hall with smooth-stoned walls and floor. White crystals are embedded in the wall to act as lights, leading into the mountain. Some brighter lights can be seen at the far end of the hallway.

 No.646673

>>646664
>>646664
"They can't eat us if they're asleep and on the top floor. We're entering in at the floor below that an' only going down, I bet we don't even run into one at all before they all go runnin' for the exits."

He growls, "Yeah, I hate jigsaws too. My grandparents make me do one like every two weeks with them. I swear if I have to hear Grandma ask me for another white piece…"

He stomps his hoof, "It's a flock of white doves, Grandma! They're ALL white pieces!"

 No.646674

>>646670
>>646672
"She made the symbol over the door."

Violet says as the door opens.

 No.646675

>>646670
Minty gives Rush a sidelong glance.
"Rush, Old Grand is one of those dumb lich thingies, right? And what have all these dumb liches done since we got here?"
She doesn't give him time to answer.
"They've been trying to beat us up big time! For all you know, he is hoping we get eaten and junk in there."

"Plus, have you seen that bomb? Its not like those little cherry ones I dropped down into toilets back home; that's a real, deal; blow-off-your-hooves kind! How do you know it won't go off the moment you set it down? What sort of adult would let kids like us even be near something like that?"

 No.646676

>>646674

"What Violet said. Hope it works…" - she says, looking at the door with concern, before the red lights give way to green.

>>646672

"Haha! Done it!"

Bonnie does a little happy jump from having accomplished that little thing, then heads forward into the mountain.

 No.646677

>>646672
She heads through the hallway.

 No.646678

>>646672
>>646675
"Well, okay yeah, the other two have, but those other two were also hurting a bunch of people. This one is trying to help 'em and be a hero to them and all. I think he's definitely different, Minty."

He looks at the bomb, "Yeah, it's really big, but we don't have to be near it when it goes off. And from what that Old Hag lady who made it told me, it's more of a stink-bomb than a bomb bomb. We may smell like cow-pie and brimstone if we set it off near us, but that's it. It won't blow us up, and I'm already pretty smelly I bet."

"Just in case, I think Flicker is gonna be the one who works with it, she wouldn't even let me touch it…"

>>646674
>>646672
>>646676
"Ah, what?! How did you do that! All she did was draw a dragon, I made my name. What's cooler than 'RUSH'?"

He asks as he looks inside the dark tunnel, mentally preparing himself for the journey within (but not just yet)

 No.646679

>>646676
>>646677
Violet follows behind at a slight distance.

 No.646680

>>646678

"Your name sure was cooler… that how those buttons turned red in warning the last time…" - the filly concedes.

 No.646681

>>646678
"So? Its called 'acting' Rush. I always acted like I didn't do something, when I did, and then get away with it cause it was too much work for the adults to figure things out. I bet he's just acting all old and junk, cause he whooped this weird…demon…thing…that was bothering me and Violet before leaving to this stupid place."

Minty can't help but smirk a bit as Rush calling himself smelly.
"Your words, not mine."

The smirk, however, is short lived.
"Well you do whatever, cause I'm not going anywhere inside there," she says, sitting down near the open door.

 No.646682

>>646679

She passes off the drawing she made. It's pretty good; no masterpiece, but a few generous clicks above "good".

 No.646683

File: 1445569520697.webm (3 MB, 850x478, 1413552775918.webm)

>>646676
>>646677
>>646678
>>646679
As you head down the hallway, the smell of fish collectively hits your noses. Reaching the end, you come into a room with a large pool in the middle, where a school of fish are farmed in captivity. They're about the size of a salmon, each, with silvery scales and fins, but no eyes. The floor is metal plating that clanks under your hoofsteps.

In addition to being a fish-farm, though, it seems to be a docking bay of some sort, with cranes mounted on the walls, with several entrances of sorts that have conveyor belts in them, as well as a sign on top of them.

>Barracks

>Great Hall
>Armory
>Lair Entrance

>>646681
As you wait outside, the rain continues to fall on your umbrella head.

 No.646684

>>646680
"Ah, dangit! I should have done mine last then. My name in red is so much better than yellow. Red is the best color ever."

>>646681
Before going on in, he stops and looks at Minty, "If he was just acting and didn't really mean what he said, why wouldn't he just put us in his dungeon or kill us or something instead of this? It's not like the town would disagree with him. He's on the up an' up Minty, trust me."

As she resolves to sit outside the cave, he looks inside as it's raining. "You sure? Gonna get pretty wet out here, and as much as I hate to say it…" he sighs, "Okay, you DID rescue yourself from those pirates. I did nuthin'. I could use your help and I promise we'll all come out of there fine, Mint. I bet you my allowance for a month if we even SEE a dragon."

 No.646685

>>646683
Opposite the hallway is an elevator platform that leads up to a windowed room near the ceiling of the loading bay, where the lights are on inside.

 No.646686

>>646682
Violet looks at the image as she's handed it, looking at it for a moment, adjusting her glasses on her face.

"Okay." she says, not sure how to respond.
>>646683
>>646685
Alaster heads over to the room and looks in the window, trying to be undetected.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.646687

>>646684
Minty is silent as Rush pleads with her to come in and admitting about the pirates. She peers down the hallway, curiously, but then grimaces and shakes her head.
"No Rush, because something bad is gonna happen. Something bad has always been happening ever since we all left for that stupid field trip. Getting sent here, that dolphin guy, Violet can now make ME do her homework instead, the pirates not being as dumb as I thought."

She turns away from him, sighing and having the 'goo umbrella head' be absorbed back into her.
"Just…leave me alone here, okay? At least if I stay here and do nothing, nothing bad will happen…hopefully."

 No.646688

>>646686

She sticks out her hoof over the picture with a miserly glance. ["50 Bits."]

>>646683

Flicker peeks into the barracks.

 No.646689

>>646683

"Seems more like a smugglers' fort than a dragons' lair to me" - Bonnie admits.

Thinking that if the dragons are bound to get defeated anyway and their hoard is going to get plundered one way or another, she decides to take a peek into the armoury.

That, from all the places mentioned, sounded like something, visiting which might actually help in surviving in this dangerous land..

 No.646690

>>646687
Rushin' looks at her, scratching his muzzle, "Yeah, I guess it hasn't exactly been all good, but, you know, I think bad things aren't all that bad when you're going through it with others, right? Wait…" he cocks a brow, "How could VIOLET get you to do homework?"

As she takes down her goo umbrella head, he bites his lip, hiding concern. "…you… sure that's a good idea? Being out here all by yourself? Something might happen in there, yeah, but, if something happened out here, there's nothing anyone can do to help. I know this sounds stupid but in there, with Flicker's gun and Violets super powers and my awesomeness, it may actually be safer."

 No.646691

>>646686
>Cancel the Alaster action, Dusty informed me the window is in fact very far away and out of reach.

 No.646692

>>646688
"Huh?" Violet answers in confusion.

 No.646693

>>646692

["Pay up, c'mon. I got mouths to feed, dealers to pay. Art this good ain't free."] she continues, lips wriggling as she bites back a smile.

 No.646694

>>646693
"I don't want it." Violet says holding the paper in both hooves.

 No.646695

>>646690
"She could beat me up with those new superpowers of hers, that's how!"

"…"
Minty jiggles a bit, most likely from her giving a shiver.
"…I…."
She beats the ground with a hoof, making her splash herself with her own goo a bit.
"I don't know what to do now! Now you made me scared of staying out here, just when I had everything all thought out and junk," she says almost…angrily, tensing up even for a goo.
"Just…go away and stop making me scared! Or I'll give you the wettest willy in the history of wet willies," she yells back at him, her breathing getting a little shaky.

 No.646696

>>646688
>>646689
As the two of you look into the tunnels, you can only see pitch black, with conveyor belts on the bottom, probably for taking packages and cargo to the different parts of the lair.

>>646695
>>646690
As you stand out and talk about what Minty should do, some familiar faces come up from out of the woods- Rad, Gyorgi, and Tiger Eye, oddly enough. Rad waves at Rushin' to get his attention, hurrying up to him and Minty while Gyorgi and Tiger Eye walk at a normal pace. Gyorgi is now sporting a shiny lance strapped to his back that glistens even in the dark weather, while Tiger Eye is huddled up against him for warmth, her teeth chattering.

"Hey Rushin'," Rad says, "I as wondering what you and Bang were up to, so I asked Tiger Eye where you guys where and she looked in her magic crystal ball and told us where you were so I got Gyorgi and Tiger to come with me. Are you all going to beat up another skeleton guy?"

 No.646697

>>646694

Flicker stares for a few more moments, then drops her hoof. ["Drive a hard bargain, Ray. It's on the house. This time."]

She smiles and cocks an eyebrow, hoping the joke is obvious now.

>>646696

She looks for some light sources.

 No.646698

>>646695
"Pffff…." He almost cracks up at the thought, "Violet? Violet may have an awesome morpher but, she's Violet. Girl doesn't even LIKE her awesome transformation deal, how off is that?"

As she strikes the ground with her gooey hoof and snaps at him, he rubs his mane a little bit, kind of conflicted on how to handle the situation from here.

"Alright, Minty… just, wanted to let you know what all you could do and all that. Didn't mean to make you feel MORE scared. I'm sorry."

As she threatens him with the wet-willy, he turns and smiles, "Well, alright, I guess I'll leave you all by yourself out here then. But, if you change your mind, Minty, we probably won't be too far ahead. Do whatever makes you feel safe." He nods at her, leaving to go inside the cave, occasionally checking behind his back out of concern to see if she's decided to come along before moving forward

 No.646699

>>646696
>>646697

Bonnie joins Flicker in her search. Worst case scenario, she could always take some of the glowing crystals from the hallway leading to this place, but she did wish to acquire those more bright ones she noticed while going here.

If that wasn't too much of a hassle, that is.

If it turned out dragons could see well in the darkness, it wouldn't be a good thing for them to have their path enlightened only by their fiery breath..

 No.646700

>>646696
>>646697
Violet looks away, crumpling the paper and shoving it into her hoodie pocket, and pulling out her morpher so they can see better, using it like a cell phone.

 No.646701

>>646696
As he heads into the cave, he spots his classmates waving at him and waves back as he walks. "Hey guys! Whatchu been up to?" HE shakes his head, "Nope, skeleton guy this time around I'm pretty sure is a good guy, but we still need him to die so we can go home so he made us a deal."

He points towards the innards of the cave, "Violet Bonnie and Flicker went on a head, plan is there's a bunch of dragons in this cave sleeping on the floor above us. WE go down to the bottom, let off the mother of all stink bombs, and force 'em out so the militia can kill 'em. Then, the town will be safer and Old Grand was cool with giving us his heart since he'd no longer need to be around as much. Wanna help out? Just have to be quiet."

 No.646702

>>646698
Minty doesn't reply back, just turn just enough to watch him go off. She turns back, staring off into space and her faces scrunches slightly as she battles with herself mentally over what to do. Eventually, she gives the ground one more smack and gets up, quickly following Rushin'.
"Hey, wait up!"

 No.646703

>>646702
He stops for a moment as she comes running inside, smiling a bit as he sees the bully running up, not quite aware WHY he's relieved to see her but glad all the same. "Hey, you changed your mind! You're not still going to give me the mother of all wet-willies are you?"

 No.646704

>>646703
"No…not this time, at least," Minty says, not really smiling herself. In fact, she still looks very uneasy as she follows along with Rushin'.
"I still need you to hear stuff and junk. Since…ya know, I'll be too busy keeping an eye out for dragons."

 No.646705

>>646697
>looking in the tunnels
Unfortunately, the tunnel isn't a straight line, so you can only see as far as the first corner.
>>646699
>looking in the loading bay
As your eyes start to adjust to the darkness, you can see a panel with several switches on it, with 'lights' carved into the stone wall above the panel.
>>646700
Moving the light around doesn't offer much in terms of revealing details, though your eyes are adjusting to the darkness, and you can see clearer, now.

>>646701
>>646704
"Aw, cool, dragons! Sign me up!" Rad says, running in. Gyorgi and Tiger Eye stand at the entrance of the cave for a while, before following in at the rear.

Rushin' and Minty enter the large, dark loading bay, where a large, square pool of fish with dim lights is in the middle of the metal-grated floor. Opposite the hallway exit is a large elevator platform that leads up to a windowed room with its door closed, protruding partially out of the wall. Along the walls are several cranes, with different tunnels dug into the walls with conveyor belts on the bottom of them, leading to different parts of the lair.

Rad, Gyorgi, and Tiger Eye enter behind Rushin' and Minty. Rad walks around the fish pool, heading over to the elevator and looking at it curiously, as Gyorgi stands and observes. Tiger Eye heads to the pool, laying down and looking inside, splashing a hoof around in the water.

>Barracks

>Great Hall
>Armory
>Lair Entrance

 No.646706

>>646704
>>646704
He shakes his head, "Trust me, my ears are up an' my eyes are open. Like I said, they're not even on this floor AND they're zonked out. And besides, if we stick close together, we got each other's backs. Nothin'll sneak up on us.

 No.646707

>>646706
"Nothing better…," she says, not sound all that reassured.

>>646705
>>646706
Minty hums in thought.
"Hey, think maybe they've got some neato stuff? I mean, if we're gonna be gassing them and all, might as well take it now, right?" Minty says as she begins to head to the armory.

>heading towards armory!

 No.646708

>>646705
>>646704
>>646700
>>646697
He shouts (somewhat quietly) after them, "Be quiet, you dinguses! We're not gonna wake up the dragons, we're just planting a bomb downstairs, you're makin' too much noise."

As he enters the large loading bay with his classmates, he turns around looking at all the various locales.

He notices Violet and Flicker up on by the tunnels leading down towards the barracks, trying to get a peek in as he looks up at the signs.


"Hey guys, sorry we're late. Got some back up with the other students. You guys find anything yet? Looks all pretty calm."

 No.646709

>>646707
As he sees Minty going off on her own, a small sense of personal responsibility ignites within the young colt.

"Yeah, I guess they won't miss it or nothin', and we gotta start searchin' for the way downstairs somewhere. Hold on, I'll go with ya."
>will also check out the armory

 No.646710

>>646708
>>646705

["Nope. All very empty."] she observes as she walks along with him.

 No.646711

File: 1445574043254.jpg (73.34 KB, 624x329, Minty's loot.jpg)

>>646707
>mfw Minty gasses people and takes their loot
>>646708
>>646709
>>646710
Violet walks with them to the armory.

 No.646712

>>646705
>>646707
>>646709
>>646710


Bonnie decides to switch on the lights. Not all of them though, if she can discern which correspond to which place. She turns on only the ones going to the armory, seeing the party head into that direction. She does not wish to alert the whole place of their arrival yet.

Afterwards, she goes the same direction she intended. Coincidentally, the same they chose.

Funny thing that Minty actually said her thought out loud..

 No.646713

>>646708
"Well alright, I guess this secret side entrance stuff all worked out. But no way down stairs yet?"

>>646711
He looks to Violet next, awkwardly biting his cheek, "Hey. Uh, can I ask you kind of a really awkward question? About your morpher?"

 No.646714

>>646713
Violet looks in his direction.

"I guess. What is it?"

 No.646715

>>646714
He rubs his neck, "Say, hypothetically, someone, not naming names or anything like that, made you really mad about something. You're super nice and everything but, do you think you'd even get the teeniest tiniest inkling to get back at 'em with your powers?"

 No.646716

>>646707
>>646709
>>646710
>>646712
Climbing into the conveyor-belt tunnel with the 'Armory' sign over it, you ride the belts for a few minutes. However, it starts getting rather cold, a shiver-inducing breeze blowing over you. After turning a few corners, you can see the end of the tunnel, where frost is lining the walls. The belt finally stops, dropping you onto the floor of the room.

It's as if you've been dropped into a giant refrigerator, where giant crates and boxes are sorted in a grid fashion. There's a door nearby, partially frozen over, but a map next to it indicates that this indeed is the armory. Fans are built into the wall, as well as four freezer units built into the top corners of the square rooms.

A stomping noise can be heard, drawing closer and closer.

>>646712
The switches turn on a set of light-crystals near the floor, a set of lights midway up the room, and a set of lights in the upper corners of the room. Up in the windowed room, a figure comes up to see who's turning the lights on, just as you move into the conveyor belt tunnel. Gyorgi, Rad, and Tiger Eye follow behind you.
>see above post

>Correction: Lair Entrance should have been Horde Entrance, as the 'Lair' is the entire inner-mountain complex, while the 'horde' would specifically be where the daddy dragon sits on his gold.

 No.646717

>>646715
"You're asking about Minty aren't you? I already told her I don't want to do anything to her."

 No.646718

>>646716

She puts on the coat, leaving it open for anyone else that wants to be in. ["Where are we supposed to put the bomb again?"]

 No.646719

>>646716

"Back into the cold, eh, Minty?"

Bonnie tries to discern which way does the door open. She hides behind one of the boxes near it. If she succeeds in the former, she chooses a place which wouldn't be seen first while entering this room.

 No.646720

>>646716
Minty begins to jiggle a bit, shivering.
"Jeez…wh-wh-whats with this s-s-stupid place and the…c-cold?" She says to no one in particular.

>>646719
"Sh-shut up," she says, beginning to regret deciding to follow Rushin' in.

>>646716
Not wanting to stick around to see what the stomping noise is, Minty begins to wander through the gridwork or crates and boxes. As she does, she takes quick moments to inspect if any happen to be unlocked or able to be opened.

>searching for any easy to open crates/boxes

>Supreme Survivor: Auto spot checks

 No.646721

>>646717
Rushin' tries to not be a snitch.

"What?! No, no, no, nooo, no. I just meant, you know, anyone."

>>646716
>>646718
As Rushin' enters the chilly room, he shelters down as it intensifies in coldness.

"Brrrrr….. w-w-w-w-w-what kind of -a-a-a-aarmory keeps stuff this cold?!"

He huddles close to Flicker, rushing under coat of perpetual room temperature and getting warmed up. "Aah, better."

As he hears the stomping, he freezes in place. "Ooooohkay, that's not good. Better move…" He looks at the frozen door, trying to cypher up a few orbs of speed in order to prepare partially melting the door. "That looks like a good place to hide…"

[1d10] Homing Attack

>>646718
>[NOTE: I had this mixed up earlier, misunderstood the goal: the idea isn't to get to the bottom floor to plant a single stinkbomb, it's to plant four separate bombs we have in 4 different locations, including the armory]
"We're supposed to set up four bombs in four different places, the armory here is a good place. We just gotta check out the bomb and find the best place to rig it, I guess."

>>646720
"You know, Minty, it's pretty toasty in Flicker's coat."

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.646722

>>646716
>>646719
>>646720
>>646721
Violet ducks behind a crate with the others hiding, shivering in place.

 No.646723

>>646721

She scoots along the floor to keep pace with Rushin'.

 No.646724

>>646718
The robe keeps you warm and insulated, raising your body temperature up to normal.
>>646719
As you get to the door, you can see that it's made for sliding into the wall, instead of opening in or out.
>>646720
The crates are about nine feet tall and wide, and eighteen feet long, made of steel. Each one is locked with three large padlocks, with one at two feet off the ground, one at five feet off the ground, and one at eight feet off the ground. Moving through, you can see that they're marked on the door with things one of three categories-
>Spears
>Armor
>Ammunition
There's a total of 18 crates arranged in a 3x6 pattern, with the spears on the left side of the room, the armor in the middle, and ammunition on the right.
>>646721
Cuddling up to Flicker helps with the cold, but the temperature is still enough of a bother to keep you from concentrating enough to summon up some orbs.
>>646722
You're able to hide safely… for now. Rad, Gyorgi, and Tiger Eye hide close to you, with Tiger sandwiching herself between Rad and Gyorgi, the Saddle Arabian feeling cold on a scale she's never conceived of.

The source of the stomping comes down a column- a large figure clad in a flaming robe, with a massive gatling gun in its hands, holding it low. Looking at it makes it hard to pick out the details, besides the glowing red eyes under the hood of the robe.
"Who dares intrude my armory?" He asks, his voice deep and booming.

 No.646725

>>646724
Violet shakes in place with both fear and the cold, hiding behind the crate and just barely peeking over the side to see the behemoth striding into the room.

She clutches her morpher in her hoof as his voice booms.

 No.646726

>>646724
>>646723
Rushin' shudders in the warmth of Flicker's robes, looking over their hiding place towards the massive flaming robe with the big gun.

"Oh, double crap…" he whispers, trying to focus on his magic again. "C'mon c'mon c'mon…, don't see us"

[1d10] Staying low while magic recharges, out of sight of the creature

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.646727

>>646724

Flicker just chills.

 No.646728

>>646724
Minty freezes up (figuratively) as the voice booms and none of the crates can be opened. Already fearing the worse, she bounces impatiently as she tries to think of something, anything. She keeps her shield at the ready, and keeps moving throughout the grid work to avoid detection.

 No.646729

>>646724
>>646726

Seeing Rushin try to hide and noticing the spot he's chosen is not really the best from her perspective, she dashes to push him into one she deems better, hiding herself there too, as a result of it.

>Koan, instant

>Hiding oneself alongside Rushin

[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.646730

File: 1445577724721.jpg (110.75 KB, 1100x1100, Frozen Armory.jpg)

>>646729
>>646729
Rushin' finds it hard to move at first, until Bonnie comes by and pushes him out of the way, accidentally exposing herself in the process.
>>646727
As you stand around like a snowhorse, the behemoth comes from around the corner, roaring at you, unaware of your deafness. "Taste the frozen fury of Gatling Buffalo!" he roars, lifting his gun up and firing at you and Bonnie. The gun fires blobs, instead of crystals, but surely that couldn't be for a good reason…
[2d10+1]@Flicker
[1d10+1]@Bonnie
>>646725
>>646728
The cold starts getting to you, whether you sit and try to remain undetected or keep moving around.
>roll to keep warm
>can be taken as an instant action, counts as automatic if you don't take a normal action the turn it is requested
>failure results in -1 to recover from Helplessness, and critfail to recover is raised to 2

Roll #1 7, 6 + 1 = 14 / Roll #2 10 + 1 = 11

 No.646731

>>646730

Bonnie "eeeps", trying to fly away from bullets' way:

>Dodge, DC:6

>Pegasus Flight bonus

[1d10+1]

>Keeping warm, instant


[1d10]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.646732

>>646730

She shoots the humanoid in retaliation. [1d10+2] EA: Stun

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.646733

>>646730
>>646731
As he's shoved out of the way into safety, he gasps as he looks at Bonnie in fear. "Bonnie!" He whisper-shouts, looking at the flaming robe in anger as he starts firing globs.

He holds his breath as he tries to focus, making a few spheres to help them "Please… c'mon…."

[1d10] Homing Attack (Haste)

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.646734

>>646730
Violet watches as the massive creature opens fire on the others.

"CLASS-Access! Cleric! Log-In!"

Violet shouts, morphing, her body surrounded by a blue wireframe which spins in the cold briefly before vanishing, leaving her in a long white dress with golden boots, golden gauntlets, and a golden breastplate with a purple diamond on the chest. The dress has suns on the flanks, and Violet has a sun-shaped pin in her mane.

>"Spell-Simulation online. Altitude is ground level."


"W-what?"

>"Not important, listen, I'm going to need you to think about casting a spell. I'll take care of the rest."


Violet shoots a golden bolt of energy [ranged weapon attack] at Gatling Buffalo.

[1d10+1] Stay Warm
[1d10+1] Ranged Attack [it being a 'spell' is fluff only]
>Avatar State 1/5

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2

 No.646735

>>646730
Minty follows the sounds of battle, moving about the gridwork to get behind the robed figure. She stays hidden behind the box, coating her saw shield with her goo for a sneaky trick.
>Expansive: Removing Saw Shield's Shield tag to replace with Dual

Once close enough, she appears from behind a box and gives her saw shield a throw to try it out.
"Leave them alone, you big, flaming jerk! Only I get to throw blobs of stuff at them!"
The chord extends at the figure, and the saw part of the shield spins. Her goo, as well as the cold, keeps the chord rigid enough to keep the saw in place a little longer to get some extra cuts in before returning back to her.

>Saw Shield: Shield/Ranged: On a successful Ranged distance attack, 1 hit per round on the target until helpless or healed.

>Dual Ranged attacks
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 3 + 2 = 5

 No.646736

>>646732
>>646730

forgot the temperature roll [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.646737

>>646731
You're unable to dodge the hits. The blobs freeze partway into sharp ice pellets, digging into your skin and tearing it open, though the wound freezes over almost immediately.
>take 6 hits, helpless
>>646732
Your crystal shot misses, as the blobs freeze and punch into you hard enough to bring you to the floor.
>take 5 hits, helpless
>put on H/W
>>646736
>unnecessary while wearing magic robe
>>646733
With a newfound determination, you're able to summon three Haste orbs.
>>646734
A sudden breeze of cold wind hits you, blowing through the outfit and into your bones, making them ache, as your nose and eyes start to frost over.
>effect lasts until recovered from Helplessness
Unfortunately, the cold is great enough that as you try to summon the energy, it explodes instead of forming the sphere you intended.
>take 5 hits
>put on H/W
>>646735
Your weapon is only able to manage a glancing hit off the behemoth's shoulder, though it digs in enough to start bleeding him.

Rad, Tiger, Gyorgi Keep Warm Rolls
[3d10]

The giant roars as the shield edge bites into his shoulder, wheeling around to fire at Minty, turning enough to fire at Violet as well.
[3d10+1]

Gyorgi runs out at the giant with his shiny lance that's now become coated with frost, going for a stab at its back.
[1d10+1] Lance Attack

Roll #1 9, 6, 5 = 20 / Roll #2 8, 6, 6 + 1 = 21 / Roll #3 10 + 1 = 11

 No.646738

>>646737

Well that makes sense. She gets up. [1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.646739

>>646737
>Correction- Bonnie is not helpless, Dodge successful

 No.646740

>>646737
"Aww crud!" Minty yells as the gun-toting figure turns at her. She jumps to the side, behind one of the crates, and morphs into a ball to keep the momentum going and move through the gridwork of crates quickly to avoid the gun fire.

>Jumping to dodge attack

>Sup Surv: autocrit on jumps/traverse
[1d10]

As she rolls, Minty tries her best to keep herself warm.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.646741

>>646734
Rushin's eyes light up with fan-boy glory at her new golden, glorious form.

"Woooooh… upgrade…."

As she fires the bolt, he jumps for joy
"With lasers! HOT!"

>>646737
>>646738
>>646740

With his orbs, Rushin' darts out of the protection of the heating rob, throwing them to Violet to power her up
>Homing Attack is Instant, giving Violet an instant action
[1d10+1] Magic Bolt with the Haste effect on Violet for extra boost
>If successful grants another instant

He looks down to Flicker as she's shot. "Hold on, Flicker!"
>Hasted for you, instant action

And then he looks up and freezes in fear as Minty is targeted by the attacks, guilt ridden at having convinced her to follow now.
"MINTY! Keep rolling, I got you!"
>Instant action granted
>All three spheres spent

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.646742

>>646741
[1d10] Warm roll as well for leaving the coat

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.646743

>>646737

Another attempt. [1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.646744

>>646738

Having boldly dodged the fire from the so-called "Gatling Buffalo", Bonnie takes a detour, seeing the other pegasus not having had as much much. She lands by Flicker's side, helping her get back on her hooves.

>Koan, instant


[1d10]

Feeling uncommpnly well the warmth of anger swelling up due to the unknown person attacking her friends, Bonnie gallops in-between the boxes to strike the enemy head-first:


>Normal attack

>Poisoned, direct wound damage.

[1d10+2]

That was totally what they taught her at those self-defence classes.

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 1 + 2 = 3

 No.646745

>>646741
>>646737
"THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR TRUSTING YOU!" Minty yells frantically as she keeps rolling with the extra boost from Rushin'.

>Sup Surv; autocrit traverse

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.646746

File: 1445580896345.png (342.1 KB, 640x360, Howboutthat.png)

>>646737
"Aaargh!" Violet cries out as she feels her nose and mouth start to freeze over, the metal of her new armor ice cold.

>"Violet calm down! Its going to be okay!"

>>646741
>"What the?" Alaster telepaths, noticing Rushin's energy grant.
>"Power at 300%! Listen, I know we're going fast with this, but I'm going to need you to pay attention."

Violet listens in a haze, folding her hooves as a golden triangular beam fires at the Buffalo.

[1d10+1] Wrath
[1d10+1] Ranged Attack
[1d10+1] Ranged Attack

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #2 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #3 8 + 1 = 9

 No.646747

>>646745
"Please don't be mad, I didn't know there'd be anything like this down here! I owe you one!"

>>646746
He guffaws at the triangular beam of light shooting down

"VIOLET! Quick, say something cool!"

 No.646748

>>646747
"AAAAAAAAAAHH," is all Rushin' gets in reply from her as she keeps on rolling.

 No.646749

File: 1445581625038.gif (713.3 KB, 207x334, combat roll.gif)

>>646738
>>646743
Slipping at first, you're able to stand back up on your own four hooves.
>recovered
>>646741
>>646742
You're able to do your part in assisting your teammates, now it's just up to them to get it right. You're able to keep warm, as well, by rubbing yourself once finished assisting.
>>646744
Flicker's able to get back by herself, but once you try to attack the flaming giant, he knocks you back with his massive gatling gun.
>take 5 hits from critfail
>>646740
>>646745
With your superior rolling skills, you're able to get out of the way of the shots, but your gooey body has started to get stiff, slowly freezing.
>-1 to recover, starting critfail of 2 once helpless
>>646746
The beam burns into Gatling Buffalo, as well as the second golden orb you throw at him, the first missing. He runs away from you, coming upon Rushin', firing upon him madly.

Gyorgi follows behind Gatling Buffalo, angrily shouting at him, "Hey, I stabbed you, shoot at me!" he says, in what appears to be his version of a distraction. Buffalo turns around, responding to his request.

[1d10+1]@Rushin'
[2d10+1]@Gyorgi

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #2 1, 10 + 1 = 12

 No.646750

>>646749

She actually shoots him this time. [1d10+2] EA: Stun

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.646751

>>646749
>Violet takes 1 hit from Gatling Buffalo's attack last turn

 No.646752

>>646749
>There was no orbs, it was all fluffed as part of the same laser.

Violet shoots another bolt of light out of her hoof.

[1d10+1] Ranged Attack
>Turn 3/5

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.646753

>>646749
>>646748

Rushin' fist pumps the air as his teammates manage to recover, dodge, and kick ass in general. "Woohoo! Yeah, time magic, eat it you…"

He notices the gun barrel now aimed at him and Gyorgi. "Aye carumba."

He runs down towards a few of the crates, trying to hop and dodge the shots.
[1d10] Dodgin'
[1d10] Stayin' warm

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.646754

File: 1445582447657.jpg (6.32 KB, 299x168, Battleship Ball.jpg)

>>646749
As Minty continues to roll, she comes up with another idea.
>'Ohhh…this is gonna stink, but….'
She thinks to herself as she adjusts the shield to be inside her body with the saw teeth going along the ground. She navigates her way back to the figure and does a small leap to charge into him, the saw shield getting close and personal this time.

>Dual attack

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11 / Roll #2 10 + 2 = 12

 No.646755

>>646749

Being knocked back, Bonnie rolls away instinctively for her own sake, as she's been taught behind one of the boxes. There she rubs the aching part, before clenching her teeth, jumping upwards on top of the said box - helping herself with her wings, if needed - and from the high ground, she swoops down at the enemy, trusting in that it'll have a harder time turning it's heavy-looking weapon upwards.

>Normal attack

>Poisoned. direct wound damage

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.646756

File: 1445582599629.png (435.19 KB, 357x520, Pineapple blast.png)


 No.646757

File: 1445582743472.jpg (21.53 KB, 400x266, Sonic_derp.jpg)


 No.646758

>>646750
Your shot penetrates his burning cloak, making him cry out in painful anger.
>>646752
Your light bolt misses as he charges down the row and turns around the corner.
>>646753
You're able to duck and cut around the corner of a crate. As the buffalo turned to fire at Gyorgi, the donkey knocked the gatling gun to the side and stabbed Buffalo in the chest with his lance, before Gatling Buffalo fires a shot right into Gyorgi's neck. The donkey takes it in stride, swinging the lance at the behemoth's head with a hard swing, before falling to the floor.
[1d10]Slam@Gatling Buffalo
>>646754
Your spindash attack tears up Gatling Buffalo's flaming cloak, making it fly off of him and reveal what was underneath- a massive frame of a bipedal, dragon-like creature, with massive muscles under scaly skin, wearing furry pants, shirtless under the cloak, with a dagger hanging on his belt. He falls to the ground, as his blood quickly freezes in the cold air.
>>646755
You catch him with a hook to the face, knocking him hard enough to land on his side.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.646759

>>646758
The giant kobold breathes heavily as he lies on his side, rolling onto his back. His blood continues to run, falling to the ground, becoming a small pool that forms around his body. The mist coming from his mouth becomes smaller, then comes slower, before finally stopping as his head goes limp.

Gyorgi crawls over to the giant kobold, putting his hoof on the dagger on his belt. "Dibs."

>paused

 No.649135

Tonight is session 14 of AltG2. This is the anchor post for session 14 of AltG2. There's nothing inherently special about the number 14.

 No.649136

AltG2 Session 14: Concrete Dioxide

The party, plus Gyorgi, Rad, and Tiger Eye, are in the freezing-cold armory of the Dragons' Lair in order to plant bombs to scare the dragons out so Old Grand the Lich will let himself die so they can be one step closer to allowing Skullheart to open a portal to send them back to their own world.

The inside of the armory is freezing cold, with ice coating each metal container which assumedly has weapons and armor inside. There's a door partially frozen over, with a small metal box mounted to the wall. Inside are two buttons, labelled 'open' and 'close.' On the wall is the conveyor belt that led the group into the armory from the nearby loading bay.

The giant kobold the party fought lies dead on the ground, with Gyorgi pulling a knife from the creature's belt, securing it around one of his rear legs. He is in poor shape, but doesn't seem too shaken up about it. Rad is busy helping Tiger Eye up into the conveyor belt. She gets in the vent, then attempts to run back the way they came, only to end up running in place

 No.649137

>>649136

Bonnie flew up to the Kobold, checked the fiery cape and, assuming she deemed it safe to wear, stripped him of it and flew up to Tiger Eye, offering it to her:

"Here. Out of all of us, i believe you're the one most in a need of something warming."

 No.649138

>>649136
Minty returns to her normal form, looking very shaken up.
"No no no no! I…I didn't mean to…I-I just wanted to get his legs or something! N-not…ahh…."
Clearly freaking out, Minty grabs the gatling gun, finding where the goo/blob supply is, and gets into it to start eating it; a nervous/scared expression on her face all the while.

 No.649139

>>649136
Seeing Minty's reaction, Flicker snatches away the ammo supply before Minty can eat it.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.649140

>>649136
Rushin' takes a deep breath as he comes out of cover, constantly rubbing himself to stay warm in the frigid temperatures of the cooler.

"We got him…? Hey, we got 'im! Alright, that's one kobold defeated!" He pumps his fist in the air, "Now we just gotta find a nice place to plant the bomb." He sighs, looking up at Tiger Eye as she runs in place, "THEN we'll move out to the next room, Tiger."

[1d10] Looking around for a decent spot to hide the stink bomb.

>>649138
As he looks around, he spots Minty starting to have her panic attack. He moves over, "Minty! I have to admit, that was pretty awesome! You were like, buzzzzzzz…." He twirls his arms about like a windmill, "And then he was down!" He pauses, noticing her eating the goo quite voraciously, "Uhh… you hungry?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.649141

>>649139
Minty moves herself away from Flicker, continuing to eat the ammo.
[1d10]

>>649140
Minty doesn't look anymore relieved with the explanation Rushin' gave her. In fact, she was jiggling slightly, and it likely wasn't from the cold.
"K-kinda…," she says, stopping eating, "I mean, i-it's not like…not like he…needs……."
Her expression grows a bit more panicked, going back to eating the ammo to quit herself.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.649142

Violet Ray keeps holding her hoof out in front of her from her last light-bolt, breathing heavily as the wireframes surround her and strip her of her transformation, leaving her in her hoodie and jeans again.

>"Well, that could have gone worse."


Violet continues breathing heavily, staring at the defeated kobold.
>>649140
"I thought you said *heavy breathing* these things were supposed to be small…" Violet says looking at the almost seven foot tall kobold.

 No.649143


 No.649144

>>649141
Rushin' grin reappears, remembering the impressive display of her takedown, but it vanishes quickly upon looking at her a second time. He frowns, "Uh… yeah, I guess he doesn't. But, uh, maybe you should slow down, you're shaking a lot, you could choke." He puts a hoof on Minty's shoulder.


>>649142
Rushin' blushes, looking at the body of the kobold, "They're supposed to be! They're not supposed to be this big, they're puny little lizard things. I-I don't know what they're feeding this guy but I'm almost sure he's the only one we'll find this huge, trust me." He smiles at Violet, trying to reassure her.

 No.649145

>>649137
Tiger squeeks as you approach her with the cape, tripping and falling off the conveyor belt, then falling down onto Rad in turn. "How about you put it out, first?" She asks, worried.
Gyorgi gets up, then run towards the vent, using his lance as a pole vault to get up into it himself, as he starts running into the conveyor shaft. He comes back out soon enough, walking backwards at a quick pace. "You don't have to work that hard to go back, seems like," he grunts.
>Flammable Cloak obtained
>This cloak keeps the user warm, and can be repeatedly set ablaze on one side.
>>649140
The room has plenty of walls and corners to put the bomb up against and nestled into. It could even be hidden under a pile of snow.
>>649139
>>649141
As Minty attempts to devour comfort food, Flicker wrenches the large drum of goop away from her.
>Minty has devoured the Gatling Goop Gun
>perform multiple +1 Ranged attacks, spending 1 Hit per turn in exchange
>>649142
The cold wind inside the armory seems to blow right through you.

 No.649146

>>649145
>>649139

Rushin' shrugs as he looks around the room. "Hmm. I guess anywhere will work."

He looks up to Flicker as she tugs away at Minty's goop, reaching up to tug on her insulated robe to get her attention. "Flicker? I need the bomb to plant, can I have it?"

 No.649147

>>649145
>>649141
After taking away the drum, Flicker slowly approaches Minty from the front, holding out empty hooves in a gesture of peace. Soundlessly, she shushes Minty and mouths "It's going to be okay."

>>649146
She waggles her hip to make her saddlebag move and suggest that the bomb is inside.

 No.649148

>>649145

Bonnie scrunches her muzzle, thinking that's what keeps it warm in the first place. She tries to will the cape into not being ablaze… or putting it fiery-side to the ground to see if that stops the flames like the regular ones. If she succeeds in that, the cape goes to whom she intended.

Seriously, Tiger Eye needed that.

 No.649149

>>649144
"D-d-dummy. I can't choke!" She says quickly.

She shys away from his touch, looking at him like a puppy does when they know they did something wrong.

>>649145
>>649147
As her food is forcibly taken away from her, Minty looks at Flicker equals parts surprised and rattled.
"N-no! Miss Flicker, give it back!"
She tried reaching up for the goo drum, but is promptly shushed. Her eyes water up, composure breaks, and….
"WAAAAHHHAAHAAHAA!"
She runs up to Flicker's open hooves, crying into her and kept saying 'I'm sorry' in between wails/sobs.

 No.649150

>>649144
>>649145
Violet looks at him uneasy, looking over to find Alaster standing on a crate.

>"Violet, over here. I think there's something in this. Come open this."


Violet steps over to the crate, looking over the lock.

"I can't open that."

>"Try. Summon a bat again."


Violet looks unsure, but projects another metal baseball bat, striking at the lock with a weak "Ugh!" as she swings.

[1d10] Crits 9+ Critfails 2-

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.649151

>>649150
He grins, smiling back widely, "Hey, don't give me that look, they're gonna be smaller, trust me." He looks over at her as she tries to break the lock, staring up at Alaster as he shakes his head at her weak grunt as she swings. "Why do you think something's good in there? Probably just some, I don't know, kobold junk, right?"

649147
"Alright, awesome thanks!" He says, unceremoniously jumping up on top of Flicker's back, leaning down into the saddlebag from up there as he opens it with his magic, leaning his whole upperbody in looking for it.

"Got it!"

>>649149
As she shies away from his touch, and he goes over to jump on Flicker, he says, "Hey, I'm not a dummy, I'm just saying you look a little… are you okay?"

As she breaks out into full on tears, jumping off of Flicker with the bomb, he looks over shocked at her shattered composure, her wails causing him a great deal of unease. "Mi-Minty? What… hey, c'mon Minty what's the matter?" He lowers his brow, "Why are you crying?"

 No.649152

>>649151
>>649147
Somehow quote got effed up

 No.649153

>>649149
>>649151
Flicker has an rare moment of gratitude that she is deaf. Wrapping up Minty snug in robe and wings, she starts breathing heavier to create a steady, comforting hum and vibration in her chest.

 No.649154

The four coolers mounted on the corners of the ceiling turn off in tandem, ceasing the constantly blowing winds.

>>649146
>>649147
The bombs the old hag gave you were inside a bag- small leather pouches containing a foul-smelling, purple clay-like mass, each of them marked from 1 to 4. Accompanying them were a small stamp, and a piece of parchment. The parchment has eight circles drawn on it, the borders made up of magic runes. A set of instructions were on the back; to arm the bombs, one simply had to stamp one of the left-column circles, and to set them off, a stamp in the right column.

To finish the job within the requested parameters, the party would have to set off the explosive, smoke-generating bombs at the main gate, in the barracks, in the armory, and near the black dragon Gothradon's horde.

>>649148
The fire on the cloak goes out. Tiger wraps herself up in it, transforming her and the cloak into a large cloth bundle. "I'm warm now," the bundle says.

>>649149
Flicker's body warms you up a bit as you cry into her.

>>649150
You break the lock open with the bat, though the bat is now bent 1/3 down from the top. The inside of the container has a number of standard-issue iron spears, with a small red gem in the hilt of the blade.

 No.649155

>>649151
>"Just a hunch." Alaster telepaths to Rushin and the others as Violet swings.
>>649154
>"A hunch that was wrong. Huh."

Violet drops the bat, which turns back into a wireframe and deletes itself. She looks over to Minty's outburst, not daring to approach.

 No.649156

>>649153
Minty still cries for a bit, but slowly quiets down to whimpers.

>>649151
Minty, finally calm enough to start talking again, does.
"Be-because I *hic* I killed him! A-a-and that means I'm…I'm just an ugly, horrible monster, just like him!"

 No.649157

>>649154
>>649149
>>649156

Bonnie beams at Tiger Eye, before flying up to the others. She finds the sight of Minty crying perplexing, though as someone as competent as Flicker took charge of that, she did not interfere.

>>649155

Instead, she approaches Violet.

"Found anything interesting?"

 No.649158

>>649156
"Wh-what?" Rushin' asks in disbelief, his face full of shock.

"Minty… no, Minty, that's not true, you may have… he died, sure, but he was gonna hurt us. You wanted to protect us… you're not a… it's not the same, you know, he was a bad guy…?"

>>649154
>>649153
He looks at Flicker's display of affection with tension, his brow furrowing and his lips pursed as he stares down at the bombs and parchment. Minty's tearful display causing him with enough pangs of guilt at not having picked up on her distress, or understanding fully the cause thereof, and feels prudent to give Minty a bit of space as she cries to set up the bomb near by hidden by one of the crates, nose twinging as the smell reaches his nostrils.

>Setting up bomb 1, not arming yet.


>>649155
He approaches Violet as he gives Minty a bit of space to cry it out to Flicker as he plants the bomb. He looks inside the crate, "I don't know, they look pretty nice." He reaches inside, grabbing one of the spears and holding it (somewhat haphazardly), "We could also use stuff like this. What were you expecting?"

>Acquiring spear

 No.649159

>>649156
She fishes a candy bar out of her bag and gives it to Minty. She rubs her chin against Minty's head, just behind the ears.

>inb4 not on the sheet. whatever, it affects literally nothing outside of this moment


>>649158
Looking at his productiveness, she gives him a hoof-up. Thumbs-up. Whatever. Wing-up? I don't care.

 No.649160

>>649157
Violet shakes her head.
>>649158
>"Something magical. These are just spears. Not very ideal for fighting Liches. And don't hold it like that you'll poke your eye out."

Alaster telepaths.

 No.649161

>>649155
>>649156
>>649157
>>649159
Rad informs the group that he and Gyorgi will be taking Tiger back to the entrance, since she's having a lot less fun than she expected. Together they lift her up into the conveyor belt, and walk back into the tunnel.

>>649158
The bomb is set! The instructions say you need it to be armed if you're going to set it off, so don't forget that when the time comes.
>Acquired Spear
>nothing special about it

 No.649162

>>649160
He holds the stick as he did before, sticking his tongue out at Alaster. "No way, see? I got th-"

He gasps as he feels a little prick in his hoof, the spear being held in such a fashion it was pointed down at it, poking him a little and causing him to drop the spear and blow on his hoof. "Yeaow!" He stares at Alaster. "…I… I did that on purpose."

>>649161
>>649159
He looks at Flicker as she gives him a wing-thumbs up, smiling and nodding his head as he makes his way back to her and Minty with the spear in hoof. He looks down, then stares at Minty and 'mouths' to her to avoid upsetting Minty more as she cries

"Is she okay…?"

 No.649163

>>649158
Minty just nods, her gooey ears still flattened.
"Yeah…yeah, I guess…."

>>649159
Minty looks at the candy bar, gladly taking it and eating it.
"Th-thanks, Miss Flicker."
Now much calmer, Minty moves away from Flicker, smiling up at her. Still a bit shaken, but smiling a bit again.
"I'm good now."

>>649161
Minty just nods at the mention of their leaving.

Seeing Rushin be productive, Minty takes a deep breath.
"Okay…since he doesn't…doesn't need them…then…."
Minty looks at the fallen Kobold's body apprehensively, then goes over to look for anything that could be a key to the chests.

 No.649164

>>649162
She nods in affirmation. ["One of four. Let's roll."

>>649163
Wiping off a bit of goo from herself, Flicker scrunches her mouth and brings it back in again, just to smooth out Minty's "hair" back into its normal state before the hug messed it up.

With her work finished, she steps back. ["So am I."] she writes with a smile.

>>649161
She heads to the next area on the checklist.

 No.649165

>>649162
>>649161
>"Not dignifying that." Alaster says hopping down from the crate.

Violet looks around, noticing Minty pulling herself together and Flicker readying to leave.

"So we're ready to mo-*shivers*-ove on?" Violet says, her mind free to focus on the cold.

 No.649166

>>649163
As he re-approaches, he rubs his neck, "No, I mean it. You're not… what you did doesn't make you bad." He sighs, "I… I know we rip on each other a lot, but, when I say you're ugly or a monster? I don't mean it. You're not a bad filly." As she breaks from the hug, he puts a hoof on her shoulder again, "You believe me?"

>>649164
>>649161
He rubs his eyes, "Alright, if you think so. Thanks, Flicker… I guess we should move, yeah. Next place is either the gate, the barracks, or near a horde… so, which ever one we find first."

>>649165
He scrunches his muzzle, grabbing his spear, "Yeah, well, you don't have to, whatever that means."

He nods at Violet, shaking himself to fight the cold as well. "Y-yeah, we're moving, did what we need to do."

 No.649167

>>649162

Bonnie ponders a little.

"You do resemble a guard with one of those a little. There's something royal in how plain they appear."

Just being honest here.

>>649163

"Goo to hear that, Mint. We sure need you here."

Pun intended.

>>649164

Following the herd. Flock. Whatever it is the pegasi call the group.

 No.649168

>>649167
He looks up at Bonnie, blushing a bit as she mentions he looks like a guard with a spear."

"You really think so?" He smiles cockily, standing up to attention with his chest puffed out and his spear standing tall like he was on duty. "Like this, right?" He says in a 'deep' voice.

 No.649169

>>649165
She plops the robe onto Violet, flexing and puffing her feathers up by an inch for comedic effect.

 No.649170

>>649166
"Yeah, I believe you and all."
This time, Minty doesn't shy away from him. She actually looks to him and smiles.
"Thanks Rush."

>>649167
"Oh c'mon; that was a bad one and you know it."
Despite that, she was smirking.

 No.649171

>>649162
The pricked spot doesn't bleed, but it stings for a bit.

>>649163
Among several pouches and trinkets on Gatling Buffalo's belt, you find a ring of keys, with 'spear,' 'sword,' and 'armor' etched into three large, bronze keys.

>>649164
>>649167
>>649165
Flicker presses the 'open door' button in the box panel next to the door.

The door makes a strained squeaking noise, and doesn't open. A panel in the ceiling lowers down, before a gun mounted in the ceiling shoots fire out onto the door, melting the ice. After a minute, the flamethrower turns off, and the door opens, leading into a hallway. Far down on the left, a staircase is marked, with a sign sticking out of the wall reading 'security' with a door under it. To the right is a large, empty room with squares and circles painted on the ground, and bleachers put up against the wall.

The door down the left of the hall opens, and out comes a small, reptilian bipedal creature. It has a long, thin snout, a head with two curved horns on top, a spiked tail, and has scaly green-blue skin. It's wearing a set of leather armor, and has a crysgun in one three-fingered hand.

 No.649172

>>649166
Violet nods to this.
>>649169
Violet reacts skittishly as the robe is thrown on her, pulling out from under the large garment.
>>649171
Violet walks with the others after the door opens, noticing the creature emerge, ducking backwards behind them.

"He's got a gun!"

 No.649173

>>649171
"Sorry again, big guy," Minty says as she takes the several pouches and trinkets as well.

Looking over the keys, she decides to open an armor chest.

>>649168
"Hey Rush, you want a sword or something?" She asks, jingling the keys at him.

 No.649174

>>649172
She picks it up. ["It'll keep you at a comfortable temperature whether you're in a desert or in snow. Just give it a try. Arm."]

She wiggles her (own) right arm.

>>649171
She shoots the guard's block clean off.

[1d10+2] EA: wind

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.649175

>>649168

She circles him for a while, mid-air as well.

"Hmm… yup. Positive. You got a bit to polish, but the impression's there. Keep up the good work, soldier!" - she roars at him, like a sergeant.

>>649170

"I totally do!" - she responds with a wink - "Good we're not having classes at puns. That would be awful.

>>649171

Having taken one of the guards for pretend-play later on, she flies p to examine the flamethrower.

"Do you think Rad could put it to good use, perhaps?"

She tries to dismount it. See if she is even capable of doing it, that is.

[1d10]

"That looks like a gym a bit" - she comments the room on the right.

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.649176

>>649170
He grins. "Don't mention it. It's the least I could do."

Rushin's smile fades, looking at Minty with a guilty look. "And, umm… I'm sorry. This wasn't exactly as easy as I said it was gonna be at the entrance. I didn't think you'd have to… sorry."

>>649171
>>649172
He smiles as he looks up at the flame-thrower melting the ice. "Okay, that has to be the coolest way to open a door ever." He looks to the right as he ducks his head in the hall, eyes bulging out, "Wow, is that a gym? Awesome, maybe we can get a few hoofball games in later."

He begins ducking into cover as the guard emerges from the left of the hall. He looks to Violet, "Yeah he does, but, look at that thing? Compared to that dolphin dude or Flicker or the giant freakin' kobold, that thing's puny. We can take him, we just can't let him sound an alar-"

>>649173
He looks over at Minty, tapping his chin. "…woah. Yeah, totally! A sword and, they got anything else in there? Armor, a shield? I'll take anything!"

>>649175
He salutes back, grinning, "Just wait until Minty gets me all the armor too, they'll practically beg me to be on the Princesses guard. I'll make… like, Super Captain, easy. Maybe Super Captain First Class."

As she looks towards the gym, he grins, "I know, that'd be awesome if they had some cool dragon games in there or something, right?"

>>649174
His eyes light up as she begins firing. "Oh, alright, go time is now. Here I go…" He lights up his horn

[1d10] Homing Attack (Haste)

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.649177

>We can take him, we just can't let him sound an alar-"
alarm*.

 No.649178

>>649176
"No, it's not," she replies with a slightly annoyed look.
"Last time I listen to you, ya big fat liar."

"Well hang on, lemme open this thing first," she says, in the middle of opening the chest.

 No.649179

>>649172
The kobold doesn't notice you.

>>649173
After trying a few crates, you find one filled with leather chest armor.

>>649175
You're unable to disconnect the flamethrower, before it lifts up into the ceiling once more.

>>649174
Flicker's crystal shoots through the guard's head, as the wind power blows him down the hall and near the stairs.

>>649176
The position of Super Captain First Class is currently held by Super Captain First Class Awesome Attack, and he is quite adamant on holding the position. You're able to summon a single Haste Orb.

 No.649180

>>649179
She prides herself on how good that shot was. With a look around she decides this must not be the barracks. Then she looks around for a directory to the barracks, or perhaps the gate, or even, perchance, the horde. Or something.

 No.649181

>>649179
>>649173
The pouches contain a deck of playing cards, some brass coins, and a punch card. The trinkets are a few teeth on a ring, a thick steel ring with spikes sticking out of it, and a keychain with several wooden skulls.

 No.649182

>>649174
"I'm fine." Violet says to the offer as Flicker shoots a nigga.
>>649176
>>649179
Violet looks on as Flicker completely scopes the kobold.
>>649180
Violet pokes Flicker's side, pointing to the room that says security on it that the kobold came out of.

"There's probably more of them in there."

Before looking to Rushin.

"Where do we need to hide the bombs?"

 No.649183

>>649179

Bonnie approaches the chest Minty's opened and, after both her and Rushin thave their share, snatches one of the leather suits for herself.

"There must be quite a lot of those dragonlings around here if that's how much they keep just in reserve…"

>>649176

She nods, though a bit uncertain.

"That… would be something interesting to watch, for sure. What sports do dragons do anyway?"

>>649180

Having heard the sound of Flicker's gun - which one's unable to mistake, she approaches her, looking from beyond the wall and asks, not seeing who she shot (presumably, as it flew that far):

"Trouble?"

 No.649184

>>649179
Looking at the armor, Minty shrugs, but takes it with her. After looking at the trinkets, she can't help but raise a brow at some of them, but still takes them along.

She then opens the crates in the sword section, proceeding to take whatever she finds with her.

After getting her hooves on the loot, she proceeds out to follow the rest of the group.

>>649176
As Minty approaches, she looks over at Rushin.
"Hey, Rush! Think fast!" She calls out before tossing the leather chest piece at him.
>giving Rushin' the leather armor

 No.649185

>>649178
He sighs, "Yeah, I know, that was sort of my bad. But, I had no idea. And I'm willing to bet that's the last big one we'll see, count on it."

>>649182
As she refuses the coat again, he prods her with his elbow, "Violet, you're missing out. That thing is great, it's like you're wearing a sleeping bag that never gets too hot or too cold. Comfy as heck."

He looks at Flicker's bag, "There's three more places the hag said to hit: the barracks, the main gate, and the horde."

>>649184
He shouts in surprise as she throws the chest piece at him, jumping for joy as he catches it in his hooves. "Woah yeah! Armor! Now we're talking. Okay, now watch this, hear comes Guard Rushin'…"

>>649184
He smiles as he looks at it, "I don't know, probably dragonball?"

>BA-DUM-TISH!


>>649179
>>649180
>Yeah we'll see about that
As his haste orb is summoned, Rushin pauses to look at that clean hit on the kobold. "Woah… nice shot, Flicker. Hold on, I'll be right there." He comments, following in behind her as she heads into the hall.

>not following just yet, trying on armor first

 No.649186

>>649185
>>649183
>4th reply meant for Bonnie

 No.649187

>>649183
["Not anymore."]

>>649182
She rolls her eyes and nods. ["Okay. If you want it later just pay me a sugar cube."]

 No.649188

>canonizing 8 slots as loot space

>>649180
Looking around, you can't find anything telling you where you are in the lair. Apparently everyone who lives there is supposed to know where things are. You can at least figure out that you're near a gym, the security office, the armory, and a stairwell.
>>649183
You seize your haul.
>2 Spears, 2 Leather Armor
>>649184
>3 Swords, 2 Spears, 3 Leathers
>replacing the one given to Rushin' with another leather because why not
>>649185
>acquired 1 Leather Armour
>+1 Wound

 No.649189

>>649188
Down the stairs we go.

 No.649190

'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.649191

>>649187
>>649185
Violet reacts suddenly, pulling away when Rushin touches her.

"I'm fine." she says quickly.
>>649188
>>649189
Alaster leaps on Violet's back, Violet following Flicker

[1d10] 2sneaky4u

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.649192

>>649188
As Minty carries her haul, one of the leather armors sink into her. It gets absorbed into her, and her goo shifts shape a bit to match its appearance and hardness.
>Minty 'equips' the leather armor

>>649188
>>649189
>>649191
Minty follows the group, getting up to Violet and Flicker.
"Hey, got these for ya," she says, tossing Violet and Flicker their own leathers.
>last 2 leathers to Violet and Flicker

[1d10] Maybe a little sneaky sneaky sneak?

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.649193

>>649188

Having organized somewhat her inventory, Bonnie takes a moment to try and regain lost stamina from the fight, using the gauntlets as a medium:

>Heal


[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.649194

>>649191
He chuckles as she reacts, "Okay, but, I'm telling you Vi: it's pretty sweet. I'd never take it off."

>>649192
He flexes with the Leather armor and the spear, puffing out his chest, "So, tell me: Canterlot Guard, or Canterlot ROYAL Guard?"

>>649188
Rushin' stands at attention, looking down at his leather armor as it conforms to his tiny body, and the spear spear in his other hoof, feeling much more like a hero as he grins with delight.

"Ah yeah… this is how we do it. Doing my heroing in style."

Seeing Flicker go down the stairwell, he quickly follows suit, crouching down with his spear (holding it slightly more carefully to avoid being pricked)

[1d10] Stealth

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.649195

>>649193
>He flexes with the Leather armor and the spear, puffing out his chest, "So, tell me: Canterlot Guard, or Canterlot ROYAL Guard?"

 No.649196

>>649194
"Hmm…maybe Hall Monitor right now," she says with a small smirk.

 No.649197

>>649192
Violet dodges the armor, looking back to Minty for a moment, before continuing to sneak.

 No.649198

>>649188
>>649193

>Addendum


Following the crew down the stairs:

>Stealth


[1d10]

>>649195

"ROYAL as in ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE, soldier!"

Kinda prior to the stealth, so no, not fluffing the stealth roll this way.

>>649190

Alerting the deaf Pegasus that she's in fact making some noise:

>Koan, instant


[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.649199

>>649196
He grunts, waving his spear about (dangerously) "Please, don't be hatin'. I look and FEEL like I could stop an army of changelings right now. It's like Nightmare Night only, WAY better." He frowns, "Well, except no candy. If we had candy this would be perfect."

>>649198
>Prior to stealthing as well
He shouts back, "THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT! Also, good at yelling so, yeah, they can just hire me on right now really."

 No.649200

>>649190
>>649191
>>649192
>>649193
>>649194
>>649198
For a security office, they aren't paying much attention to what's going on outside.

The party reaches the stairwell. Going up would lead to a short hallway that emerges into the Great Hall, where two large tables are arranged in a T-shape, with long benches on all sides. Various tapestries, banners, antiques, and the like decorate the walls. At the far end are a pair of giant wooden arched doors reinforced with steel belts arranged in a criss-cross formation. However, two great, big brown wolves are pacing around the hall, stopping to drink at a water bowl at the head table occasionally.
There's another level above this one, as the spiral staircase continues upwards.

Below, there's a hallway roughly carved into the stone, with a number of steel doors. There's a guard walking back and forth, yawning occasionally. The hallway is shaped like an L, with a sharp turn to the right where the group is unable to see past the corner.

 No.649201

>>649200
She goes to the right sharp turn. [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.649202

>>649200
As they reach the floor undetected, Rushin' notes that the stairwell goes ever higher from here, his eyes shrinking as he remembers being told the dragons sleep on the top-most floor.

"Hey, guys, heads up: the dragons are sleeping up top, we should try to avoid goin' too much higher unless we gotta. I'm pretty sure this is the main floor now."

Rushin' looks to the hallway with the blind turn as Flicker goes down it past the sleepy guard, tip-toeing past.

[1d10] Sneaky sneaky

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.649203

>>649200
Minty follows the rest of the group, keeping low to the ground.
[1d10] Does Minty know how to be sneaky?

As Minty goes about, she looks around at the various antiques and the like all around.

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.649204

>>649202
>>649201
>>649200
Violet follows them.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.649205

>>649200
>>649201
>>649202
>>649203

What a lovely trail of sneaking ponies. With Bonnie thrown in there too, follwing close behind.

Now, is the anability to sneak a racial feature?

Check the answer with the result below~

[1d10>>649200
>>649201
>>649202
>>649203

What a lovely trail of sneaking ponies. With Bonnie thrown in there too, follwing close behind.

Now, is the anability to sneak a racial feature?

Check the answer with the result below~

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.649206

>>649202
>>649203
>>649205
The three of you stay back far enough behind the corner that the guard doesn't see you as he turns back around.

>>649201
>>649204
You poke out too far around the corner. You can see at the end of the hallway that there's a small guard's station in front of a stone door with an sculpted dragon protruding from it. The patrolling guard is accompanied by two others. The guards shout, and fire at the both of you!
>Violet takes 2 hits
>Flicker takes 4 hits

 No.649207

>>649206
She shoots guard 1. [1d10+2] EA: Wind

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.649208

>>649206
Violet falls to the ground as she's nicked by a bullet in the thigh.

"Aaaaaaawh!"
>Not attacking.

 No.649209

>>649206
>>649207
>>649208
Rushin comes around the corner, growling, "Hey! You wanna shot something, shoot Guard Rushin'! C'mon, Bonnie!"

[1d10+1] Magic Bolt (attacking the one guard they saw)

>Applying Haste Sphere to Bonnie for extra action


Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.649211

>>649206
http://pastebin.com/gUJJDdMJ

Bang, sticking with Rushin', Minty and Bonnie. "Do you think we can take a scale from the dragon? We can take some for matching shields!" He whispers.

 No.649212

>>649209

"On it!"

As Rushin distracted the target with his magic bolt, the hastened pegasus filly flew over to deliver a swirling, double kick to the same one the unicorn aimed at.

Fightning Type, 30 damage.

>Normal Attack

>Poisoned, diret wound damage

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4 / Roll #2 2 + 2 = 4

 No.649213

File: 1448000349292.gif (94.5 KB, 601x614, TF2 Turret.gif)

>>649206
Hearing the shots, Minty looks at the guards with an annoyed look.
"Guess no choice again? At least I did all my crying before, then."

Remembering the giant gun she ate from earlier, she plants her hooves down to the ground, creating a sort of 'quad-pod' as the rest of her body shifts and shapes into the large gatling gun.

She winds up before pelting the guards with volleys of goo.
>taking 3 hits to mak 3 attacks, one at each guard
>Applying talents if these are still considered multiple normal attacks
[1d10+3] Guard 1
[1d10+3] Guard 2
[1d10+3] Guard 3

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11 / Roll #2 3 + 3 = 6 / Roll #3 8 + 3 = 11

 No.649214

>>649211
>Forgetting to put in attacking a guard

>Cleaving guards 1-3

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.649215

>>649207
The guard is blown back into the door, but fires at Flicker in retaliation.
[1d10]@Flicker
>>649208
The second guard fires at you after you fall to the ground, not pausing to ask questions.
[1d10]@Violet
>>649209
You miss with your Magic Bolt, while one of the guards throws a knife at you, nicking your shoulder.
>take 1 hit, counterattack
The third guard shoots at you, as well.
[1d10]@
>>649212
Guard 3 ducks, then punches you in the face with the butt of his crysgun.
>take 4 hits, helpless
>>649213
>talent does not apply to weapons
You shoot the first and third guards well enough, but the second one dodges and fires at you after shooting at Violet.
>take 2 hits
>>649214
You come up short, as the second guard fires at you, as well, while he's on the ground.
>take 1 hit

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 3 = 3

 No.649216

>>649215
"O-Ow! Why you-!!" He shouts, rushing at the second guard.

>Disgruntled: Second Guard

>Slamming Cursed Mallet down on him
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.649217

Shooting 1 again. [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.649218

>>649215
>disregard minty counterattack damage

 No.649219

>>649215
>>649208
Seeing Violet being attacked with no retaliation yet, and screaming in pain, Rushin' charges the guard that shoots her with his spear, stabbing it forward in an inexperienced fashion, "Don't worry Violet, the Super Guard is on the move!"

[1d10] Attacking her attacker

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.649220

>>649215
Violet continues holding her leg as the guard raises his gun at her again.

>"Violet, now!"


Violet raises to her hooves, wincing in the pain of her leg.

"CLASS-Access! Tracker! Log-In!"

One brief transformation sequence later, Violet emerges from her wireframe holding a sniper rifle [ranged/single], opening fire on Guard2.

[1d10+2] DC 5
>Reflex Shot: Requires ranged weapon, recharge 1; this attack can be used while helpless. Otherwise, deals double damage as well as suffers double counterattack damage.
>Avatar 1/5

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.649221

>>649215

Merely a blink.

"Ow, wha… how…"

Bonnie groaned, sent doing carthwheels in the air. She opted to stabilise her course, but things got fuzzy there for a sec…

>Recovering


[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.649222

>>649215
"Woah! This thing is pretty cool!" She yells out, keeping the goo barrel spinning and firing only at Guard 2.
"Hey, stop moving! You need to pay up too!"

[1d10+3] Guard 2

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.649223

>>649216
>3 hits on guard 2
>>649218
>critfail, take 5 hits, helpless
>>649219
>2 hits on guard 2
>>649220
>4 hits on guard 2
>>649221
>recovered
>>649222
>2 hits on guard 2, dead
>take 1 hit from gatling gun effect, unless it wasn't intended in which case don't

guard 1@ Bang[1d10]
guard 3@ Rushin[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.649224

paused

 No.650281

When last we left the party, they had reached the dead end of a hallway, defeating the two guards therein.

Facing them is a dragon carved into a large stone door. There aren't any indications of a doorknob or switches on the door or wall nearby, but int he small guard's station, there's a console with three card slots on it. There are several doors along the hallway leading up to the end, with various humming noises coming from inside.

The carving of the dragon is terrifying to behold. The stone is as black as black could be, seeming to draw in and kill the light in the hallway. The dragon's face looks like a protruding skull, or possibly a helmet made from the skull of another dragon. Its ears are long and ovular, like that of a bat, and spiked ridges line its maw. The wings on its back seem to be like a tattered cloak, looking wild and ragged. Its talons on the foreclaws are long and curved, each one looking like a soul-reaping scythe. The long tail has spikes all around it, and the end looks like a maul that would be used by a tyrant.

 No.650282

>>649223
The guards have been defeated by the party. All three lie on the ground, either dead or knocked out.

 No.650283

File: 1449199444748.webm (761.16 KB, 568x320, burb.webm)

>>650281
She frisks the guards for a card key.

 No.650284

>>650281
Rushin' marvels at the sight of the massive stone dragon carved into the door, sitting back to admire it for a bit after defeating the guards in the hall.


"Woooooah. Cool. I could use one of these." He looks over at the guard station, drawn by the three slots.

"I guess we need three keys… see any around?"

[1d10] Searching for keys

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.650285

>>650281
Violet ejects the shell from her rifle, rising to her hooves, the scrape on her leg gone.

Violet stands there, breathing heavily as her rifle deletes itself.

>Avatar State paused with only one turn expended until combat resumes.

 No.650286

>>650283
Going through the guards' belongings on their person, you don't find any cards.

 No.650287

>>650281
>>650282
With the guards defeated, the goo turret…I mean, Minty reforms into her normal, pony shape. She holds her stomach a bit as it jiggles a bit.
"Ugh…anyone got anything to eat? Doing that made me REALLY hungry."

She looks at the stone dragon, not looking all that thrilled at seeing it.
"We…we're gonna avoid that thing, right? Cause I wanna eat, not be eaten."

 No.650288

>>650287
"Sorry Minty, I think I depleted my chips supply yesterday."

He looks at the stone dragon, chuckling, "Oh man, I don't know, Minty. He doesn't look that bad."

He knocks on the stone dragon on the low parts within reach, "Hey man, you gonna eat goo ponies?"

He puts an ear up to the stone dragon, waiting for a reply as he nods his head.

"Uh huh… uh huh… okay yeah no don't worry he's cool, he said no."

 No.650289

>>650281

Bonnie takes a moment to catch her breath after the sudden encounter and takes in the amazing sight the dragon carving presents. She absent mindedly wanders about with her eyesight while taking the time to attempt a minor act of healing on her behalf.


>Heal on self


[1d10]

Afterwards, she checks whether any of the nearby doors are closed.

>>650284

"I.. guess so? Wonder who carved that? Surely not those dragon-like creatures?"

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.650290

>>650281
Bang looks at the dragon skull in amazement. "Whooooa… That looks pretty sweet."

 No.650291

>>650284
You don't find any keys on them. Unless they're hidden inside their bodies, which they're not.
>>650285
You feel a little hot, but it's nothing to worry about. It feels strange, considering the cool air of the lair.
>>650287
>>650288
>>650290
The stone dragon doesn't actually reply, but when Rushin' puts his ear up to it, he can hear a deep rumbling noise.
>>650289
The doors lead into small rooms with switches, fuseboxes, and consoles on the wall. You feel your pains and fatigues melt away.

 No.650292

>>650291
Flicker goes into the control-room which Bonnie seems to have found and looks for some directions to the other points they need to go to.

 No.650293

>>650291
Violet, noticing Flicker looking around, does likewise. She investigates the guard station, especially the card slots for clues on how it opens.

 No.650294

>>650291
>>650288
"Hey… Rushin'… You know what made these dragons move in here in the first place? I thought ponies and dragons could at least co-exist somewhat peacefully."

 No.650295

>>650291

"Uh… anyone help me make heads and tails out of it?" - Bonnie cries out from one of the rooms - "Where's Rad when you need him…"

Afterwards she proceeds to look around them, trying to grasp what mechanics lay under that.

>Not rolling, cause unless it's obvious that would need appraise/engineering


She tries a few of those levers and buttons too, if she finds them undidentifiable otherwise.

Not as though somepony else tried it with dragon technology before..

 No.650296

>>650288
The fear was replaced by minor annoyance at his antics.
"Do I look like I was born yesterday?"

>>650291
"Well, you enjoy another one of your pretend friends. I'm gonna do…something."
Seeing everyone go off and do stuff, Minty goes into the guard station, notices the card key slots, and sets about looking through every nook and cranny (literally) to see if they're in here.
>searching everywhere a goo can fit for card keys in guard station
>Sup Surv: auto spot checks

 No.650297

>>650296
"Hehehehe. C'mon, that was funny!"

He pauses as he hears the rumbling, "Oh, crap, wait… it's actually saying something."

>>650289
>>650291
"I'unno. Maybe the dragons did it? I mean if they can play dragonball they could probably do other pony stuff like make statues and junk, right…"

He jumps back as he puts his ear to the statue, staring up at it, "What the…" He stares at the statue for a while longer, placing his ear on it again to try and get a better sound of it.

[1d10] Perception

>>650294
"Well, I never really heard of anything like that, I sure as heck never knew any dragons in Filly. As far as I knew they were all treasure-loving monsters that heroes killed for terrorizing ponies. Which, these guys definitely do, soo… I guess that's why they're out here."

He tries to listen more to the statue, "You know any dragons that live with ponies?"

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.650298

>>650297
>>650291
Bang puts his ear up against the statue to listen. "How about you guys? couldn't you guys be a bit more friendly with ponies?" He asks.

 No.650299

>>650292
Among the different rooms, you find a console where a map is laid over a display of water distribution. This is the lowest floor, as far as you can tell. The floor above is where the security station, fish farm, and armory are. The ground floor is where the kitchen, great hall, and some bathrooms are, and on the top floor are the barracks, showers, and more bathrooms.
>>650293
The card slots are labelled 1, 2, and 3, with a large switch under a plastic casing that flips up. Also on the console is a phone and number pad for dialing.
>>650295
One of the rooms has the switches, pumps, and levers for water distribution on each floor. Pressing and turning them start making groaning noises that can be heard from the pipes.
Another one has the fuseboxes for the electricity on different levels, labelled for the top floor, ground floor, third floor, and fourth floor. You don't notice anything happening unless you mess with the ones on the fourth floor.
The third room is a bathroom.
The fourth room has heating and air-conditioning switches and dials. You don't notice anything changing when you mess with them, but that's to be expected with air-conditioning.
>>650296
After looking through the station, you can be certain that the needed key cards are not anywhere at the station.
>>650297
>>650298
The rumbling noise continues. It seems to be like the sound of the ocean from inside a seashell, but deeper. You feel a chill running down your spines, and you realize that your knees have started quivering.

 No.650300

>>650299
Waving to the others, she follows the directions to the barracks.

 No.650301

>>650299
"U-Uhh… R-Rushin'? What's going on with my legs?" He asks, looking down at his now suddenly quivering knees.

 No.650302

>>650297

"From what i've read about them, i'm not sure if any dragon would even have enough patience to carve such a treasure instead of simply stealing something."

She's alarmed at his surprise and adds in a concerned voice:

"Is something the matter?"

Being done with examining the machinery, she announces nonplussed, her findings and afterwards…

>>650300

… follows the lead of the pegasus.

 No.650303

>>650299
>>650298
>>650301
Rushin's ear immediately comes off of the statues, his teeth chattering as an eery dread fills him from muzzle to hoof.

"I… I don't know, Bang, but I-I think I'm done lookin' at the statue… c'mon we should go find the others." He says, slowly peetering off in that direction they went in towards the rooms

>Traveling to the room Bonnie is currently in


>>650299
Going throughout all the rooms, he stares at all of the confusing switches/breakers/pumps that go throughout the entire facility.

"Neat. I didn't know dragons had their stuff so together like this. I kind of assumed all they knew were caves and more caves."

>Looking for notes that guards left around that may hint where the three key cards are.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.650304

>>650303
He continues to follow Rushin', but takes a second look back at the statue as they walk.

 No.650305

>>650302
>>650300
>>650299
Violet takes a moment to look over the cardslots, but finding no way to open them, follows after Bonnie and Flicker, her boots clicking against the stone floor.

 No.650306

>>650299
"Darn, nothing," Minty remarks, then looks around the rest of the station. Seeing the phone and dial Violet sees, Minty perks up.
"Hey! Let's order a pizza and have Miss DB pay for it later! I'm starving!"

Minty proceeds to press a few numbers, hearing it make its own beeps and boops. She smiles, pressing several buttons to test their tones, then proceeds to make a small musical riff with them.
"Won't you take me to…the funky town," Minty sings to herself, wiggling to the tune in her head.

 No.650307

>>650303
>quick post to reply to Rushin'
You don't find any notes related to the key cards. It seems that it's the guard's duty to know who's supposed to have them.

 No.650308

>>650306
You play out a pretty close melody, but the notes are all a bit flat.

>>650300
>>650302
>>650305
Heading up the large central staircase, you pass by the floor with the armory, then the ground floor where the great hall and front entrance are, and up to the top floor.

The stairs emerge into a common room that looks to be a comfy common room. A large fireplace has several burnt-out logs. Comfy looking chairs, couches, and benches are arranged around the room, along with some tables. The decorations are quite macabre, though. A preserved and mounted minotaur is in one corner, with specimens for other races standing around as well- a griffon, an ogre, a unicorn pony, and a large pegasus hanging from a ceiling. Deer heads are mounted on the wall, with different swords, tapestries, and banners hanging hanging on the wall as well.

>if anyone else accompanies them, post as if you had followed them. Otherwise continue as normal.

 No.650309

>>650307
He growls as he fails to find any sorts of notes on the keys.

"GAH! Don't these guards keep track of where they keep their stuff? How are we supposed to find it without notes?" He huffs, stomping his hoof and turning towards Flicker as she sees her leaving for the barracks. "Alright, we'll just find 'em ourselves then!"

>>650306
HE stops and looks at Minty as she orders pizza. "Oh, sweet! Can you get me a crust-stuffed with pepperoni?"

 No.650310

>>650306
>>650309
"Oh oh! I'll have mushroom and olive!"

>>650308
>Following if Rushin' is.

 No.650311

>>650308
Rushin' runs up to follow behind the leader as she takes them through the dungeon up towards their barracks.

As he pulls into the comfy common room, he turns around, awing at all the stuffed creatures placed around the room (while visibly cringing at the sight of the stuffed ponies however)

"Woah…." he skitters back towards the door, gulping as he looks at the stuffed unicorn.

"I'm REAAAALLY hoping they don't need to add a smaller one to their collection. That looks way too boring." He bows his head at the stuffed unicorn. "Sorry dude."

He hops up on one of the comfortable couches, turning towards Flicker, "Well, we're supposed to put another bomb here. Weird how it's so empty though, aren't barracks supposed to be where they all sleep?"

 No.650312

>>650308
Violet looks around at the taxonomic nightmare, paying special attention to the stuffed unicorn and pegasus, before letting out a blood-curdling scream,, pointing a hoof at the pegasus on the ceiling and throwing a hoof over her mouth trying to muffle herself.

[1d10] Volume

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.650313

>>650308
She sets them up the bomb, not paying much attention to the scenery.

 No.650314

>>650311
"Maybe they're all out getting some food?"

 No.650315

File: 1449203567741.gif (364.89 KB, 320x240, Getting The Nope Out Of He….gif)

>>650308
>>650309
Minty shakes the phone before following Rush.
"I think its busted. Nopony answered."
Her stomach jiggles some more.
"Geez, you're making me hungrier. Knock it off. …though at least you like pepperoni, too."

>>650310
"Mushrooms?! Gross!" She says, pointing a hoof at her open mouth and making a retching noise.

>>650308
As Minty follows the group and enters said room, her shoulders drop and she blinks at all the…things around her.
"I don't like this room…I don't like it one bit…."
Minty's entire body jiggles and shakes.
"Yeah, I think I'm just gonna…gonna go on ahead…."

She proceeds to go to another room on this floor. She doesn't care where, just away from the stuffed once-living things.

 No.650316

>>650314
He rubs his chin, "I dunno, seems a little too convenient…"

>>650315
"Man, first thing I'm going to do when I get home? I'm gonna eat, like, three pizzas all by myself. I miss 'em already, Thursdays were always pizza night at the house."

As she shies away from the stuffed creatures, he gulps, not being able to blame here. "K-kay, I'll uh… scout things out here. Guard, and all."

>>650312
As Violet lets out her wailing scream of terror, Rushin' immediately spikes up, his unease put into full swing of fear as he leaps off the couch running for Violet, trying to put his hoofs on her muzzle as well

"Violet!" He shout-whispers, "Violet, it's beyond messed up I know, I know but you're gonna call 'em all here!"
[1d10] Suppressor

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.650317

>forgot to mention
There is a pair of doors on each side of the room- one is a lovely pair with gilt ivy decorations that creep upwards, while the others are simple, made from roughly-hewn wood.
>this was probably important, my apologies

 No.650318

>>650317
>then Minty heads towards the ivy decorated ones

 No.650319

>>650308

Bonnie finds the room very uncomfortable to be in.

"Let's plant the bombs and be gone from here, ok…?"

She gets the weirdest idea and checks under the loose, colored piece of cloth abundant in this room, for secret passages.

>>650309

"I… don't think they've ever signed a document, telling them to take care of guiding tourists after falling…"

>>650310

"Did somepony say pizza?"

She says as she join the round call.
Poor Mint didn't know what she was doing.
She'll never have her fill if she orders one.

 No.650320

>>650316

Hilarious as it might've looked, Bonnie actually… tried helping Rushin with stuffing his hoof into Violet's mouth.

>Koan, instant


[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.650321

>>650316
"I got to have pizza every night if I wanted to. Well…until I ran out of fake names and other people's addresses to get them for free."

"And yeah, good idea."

 No.650322

>>650316
"Do you… think they're going to ambush us somewhere?"

>>650317
Bang walks over to one of the doors, putting his hoof against it to peek inside.

 No.650323

>>650311
You start to sink into the leather couch after sitting in it. Your eyes adjust to the darkness of the room, noticing how the eyes of the stuffed animals seem to gleam in the darkness.
>>650312
Your scream would be loud enough to fluff as a use of Wrath, but your hoof keeps it in.
>>650313
As you pull out the bomb, you feel something passing over you- more precisely, you feel as if you had passed through a veil of falling water.
>>650315
>>650318
>>650322
Heading towards the door and attempting to open it, you find that they don't budge. Even pulling or pushing on the handles prevents them from moving, as if they had been rendered intert.
>>650319
As you go to the different banners and tapestries, you find them stiff and stuck to the wall, unable to be moved. You can't even feel the cloth texture, just a sooth surface like polished stone, one that is present even on the rough surface of the upper portions of the stone wall.

The whole room starts to shiver and shake, as if uprooted from the ground and held by the hands of some malignant deity. Nothing moves, stuck in its position. An eerie voice echoes through the room.
"Six little intruders come into the room… what on Earth are you here for, hmm?"

 No.650324

>>650323
"Hey, why won't these doors open up?" He says with a frown, pushing on them more.

>Forcing it open

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.650325

>>650323
She waits for Bang to open the door, oblivious to the sounds. She imagines the shaking as the result of some monsters doing something monstery off in their little monster beds or something.

 No.650326

>>650325
You do, in fact, hear the voice.

 No.650327

>>650323
>>650316
"HOLY CRUD!"
Minty yells, latching onto the closest thing she could from the sheer shock of the voice suddenly appearing, which happened to be Rushin'. Looking scared stiff, Minty looks around.
"Uhh…w-we're just here trying to get home? It's pizza night and…and our parents are probably super worried where we are," she says, looking around to wherever she thinks the source of the voice is.
"Can we go home? My hooves hurt, I saw dead ponies, I got dust in my goo."
Her stomach jiggles again as she mentions pizza.
"Unnnng! I'm so hungry!"

>will whining like gemhorse avoid anything…unpleasent from happening?

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.650328

>>650323
>>650320
>>650316
>Violet didn't stop herself, Rushin did.

As Rushin throws his hooves over Violet's mouth, she continues screaming for a moment, muffled before ceasing, still somewhat panicked, pulling away, breathing heavily…then the voice booms.

"Who said that!?" Violet demands, two wireframes appearing in her hooves which give way to two pistols which she aims at the doors and ceiling.

 No.650329

>>650321

Seeing Minty, despite her usual bragging, being a bit beat up since the last violent encounter, asked her:

"Minty, mind if i tried to mend your bruises? Not sure if i told you yet, but those gauntles i found have some wonderful innate magic to help with that."

>>650323

"Eeeeep"

She lands in the middle of the room and starts frantically looking around.

"Uuhhh… nothing bad in particualar?"

>Bonnielie scrunch


[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.650330

>>650326
Flicker points at the bomb.

 No.650331

>>650323
>>650328
>>650327

He grimaces as he muffles Violet's mouth, turning up to look at the walls and ceilings in a fright as he hears the voice rumble. He feels Violet pulling away, only to feel a certain goo pony latch on to him in replacement, causing him to grunt 'OOOF' as she latches on tight, turning his head to grimace as he feels his circulation cut off.

"Minty? Lil' TIGHT."


He turns up and around, lighting up his horn
[1d10] Summoning Haste Spheres

"Just… looking around?" He says out loud to the voice.

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.650332

>>650331
Finally taking a moment to notice what she did, she quickly (and lightly) shoves him away from her. She doesn't say anything, but her gooey face scrunches up a bit as she gives no sort of insult or anything of the like.

>>650329
"I'm bruised?" She asks, looking herself over. She even takes her head off and looks around the normally hard to see places on her.
"Dummy; I can't bruise! I don't have skin!"

"Though…between everything so far, and feeling mega hungry, I guess you could try…whatever you've got going with those things."

 No.650333

>>650332
As she's shoved away, he chuckles, rubbing some of the dust off his leather armor.

"Awww, what's wrong Minty? It's okay to be scared, Super Guard Captain Rushin' would have kept ya safe."

 No.650334

>>650324
"Don't try to open the door," the voice warns, "It's pointless. From the moment you violated the border of my psychic field, all non-dragon entities were trapped inside. You're not even pressing on the door, it's a hard psychic facsimile of the actual door."
>>650327
>>650329
"You're trying to tell me you got lost on the way home and into a dragons' lair?" It asks, "I might not be a mind reader, but I'm no fool."
>>650328
"My name is Terror Locust. I'm the guard of the barracks here. It's my duty to regulate the dreams of those sleeping and keep their minds on track. Who're you?"
>>650330
As you point at the bomb, the pegasus mounted from the ceiling falls from the strings holding it up, slowly floating to the floor. After it lands, it walks over to the bomb, then starts sniffing at it.
[1d10] Detection
>>650331
You summon five spheres of Haste.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.650335

>>650334
"Soooo in other woooords… This door is locked and the other one is open!" He says, quickly moving over to the other door to push against it.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.650336

>>650334
She sits and waits. "Seriously, is there one of you for each room?" she thinks to herself.

 No.650337

File: 1449206038314.jpg (40.99 KB, 525x500, Not A Clever Man.jpg)

>>650333
"I'm not scared, dummy!" Minty says with a pout and looking away from him.
"It just took me by surprise is all."

>>650334
"I'm not a clever mare," she simply replies.
"And neither are they since they followed me."

>odds of that getting us off the hook?

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.650338

>>650334
Violet throws herself back against the wall as the dead pegasus comes back to life, pointing her guns at it.

"R-Rushin did Grand mention anything about this?" she says freaking out.

 No.650339

>>650335
"No, that door is a wall, and the other door is a wall. It's quite simple, really."
>>650336
"Your question suggests that you already met one of my higher-ranked comrades, and the fact that you're alive means that they are dead."
The pegasus snorts in disgust, then stomps on the bomb. The parchment wrappings burst under its hoof, as a black clay-like substance bursts from inside.
>>650337
"You wouldn't be clever to come in here in the first place," he says, "But I won't just let you go now that I have you."
You feel a pulsing sensation in your head. "You don't seem to take me seriously. I don't have a problem with that, it only allows me to demonstrate my power." After a few seconds, the pulsing sensation stops. "I have read through one of your past lives- you were once a Changeling singer who travelled through various dimensions."
>>650338
"Old Grand, you mean? That undead griffon who defends the town? Ahh, so it was he who sent you all…"

 No.650340

>>650337
He snickers as she pouts, "That sounds like something a scared pony would say. You were hoping I'd protect you, weren't you?"

>>650334
With the five spheres of haste summoned up, he looks apprehensively at the stuffed pegasi puppet, growling at the voice as the 5 spheres come up from behind. They float around him, Rushin' not even realizing what may be his greatest feat of magic to date yet as he charges his horn again, this time simply on himself.
[1d10+1] Magic Bolt (haste) on Rushin' himself to get an extra action

"Okay, you caught me. I'm a guard pony. And I'm ordering you to let us go, and leave our thing there alone! Now. Please. Thank you." He points at the bomb, muzzle forming into a semi-confident grin.

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.650341

>>650339
"So where's the real door then? Don't you usually have more rooms for adventurers to go into?" He asks the voice.

 No.650342

>>650340
>extra Instant action in reserve
"Well, why would I let you go just because you say to?" he asks, "I don't get anyone to play with, it's always Dire who gets the intruders at the front gate.
[1d10+2]Telekinesis@Rushin'
>>650341
"The real door isn't anywhere near you right now, yet it's right in front of you. We've all shifted to another plane within my psychic field."

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.650343

>>650339
INT: Room with stuffed creatures. Camera sees: Flicker flips through the script, realizes she has an outdated copy, shakes her head at the camera.

CUT TO: Flicker shoots the stuffed pegasus.

[1d10+2] EA: Stun

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.650344

>>650342
Bang taps his hoof to his chin before pulling out his Justice Fist Hammer and looks at it. "Hey, you think you can break this whole psychic field thingymajig?" He asks the giant fist mallet.

 No.650345

>>650332
>>650334
>>650337

The lil filly poked one of her healing fingers at the gooling, smiling at the… room apparently. Or whatever was the medium of this Teror Locust. Perhaps that would help with convincing him?

>Heal


[1d10]

>Koan, instant


[1d10]

She added in a bit from herself too:

"Not really… but if we're interrupting, we'll be gone soon, promise, Mr. Locust. Uhh… also, are you a ghost of sorts?"

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.650346

>>650340
"No, of course not! I can protect myself without you!" She says hurriedly.

>>650339
"Past lives? What are you on about?" Minty asks, raising a brow and sounding confused as she rubs her once pulsating head.

"Yeah, now I know you're full of bologna. Me as a singer? That's stupid. You're stupid! Now let us out; I want something to eat, and I want it now!"
Her stomach, in agreement, jiggles its pleas for food.

 No.650347

>>650339
Violet keeps pointing her guns at the pegasus, looking around the room to the ceiling and walls, then to Rushin's magic display.

>"We're stuck. Whatever this is has us trapped in some kind of psychic field."


"H-how do we get out?"

>"Hmm" Alaster telepaths to Violet, thinking to himself.


>"We cut our way out."


"What?"

>"I need you to project some swords near Rushin. Just trust me." he says, her eyes flashing with schematics.


Violet holds up a hoof near Rushin, as two wireframes appear, disappearing to reveal two blades shaped like the hands of a clock sticking into the ground.

She then opens fire on the pegasus.

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]
>Dual Attack
>Turn 2/5

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7 / Roll #2 9 + 2 = 11

 No.650348


 No.650349

>>650346
He grins, his confidence swelling. "Yeaaaah, but you WANTED me to protect you, huh?"

>>650342
As she steps on the bomb, his teeth clench, his fear for his life and the swelling confidence from being depended on driving his magic to push itself to his limits.

"Oh yeah?! Well, I don't feel like playin' with you! In fact…"

He looks around at the other stuffed creatures as the stuffed pegasi attacks Flicker, "I'm not letting you play with ANY pony like they're some toy!" The five spheres fly at once into Rushin', turning him into a hot glow of red, time slowing down to a crawl as his body is magically hasted six times over.

>Putting all 5 spheres into Rushin'

>Counting the Magic Bolt, 6 extra actions this turn


>>650347
Grabbing at the oddly familiar swords, Rushin' quickly says
"ThanksAlisterByAlisterBeRightBack" in a second, before speeding around the room, attacking each of the stuffed minions of Locust, striking at the Stuffed Unicorn, the Minotaur, the Ogre, the Griffon, and the Pegasus

[14d10]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1rMeYnOmM

Roll #1 3, 2, 5, 9, 5, 8, 2, 2, 9, 9, 6, 3, 5, 4 = 72

 No.650350

File: 1449208113606.gif (687.1 KB, 240x179, Coffee.gif)


 No.650351

>>650343
The crystal shot tears through the pegasus, causing sand to pour out of the hole. It starts twitching in place. "Rrrgh, you shouldn't have done that!" The voice shouts in your head, "It took me a long time to prepare that one!"
The other stuffed specimens start to quiver, coming to life and charging towards Flicker.
Minotaur/Griffon/Ogre/Unicorn [4d10]
>>650344
The 'Justice Fist Hammer' grumbles. "During life I was not a spellcaster- I have talent nor knowledge of magic."
>>650345
>>650346
Bonnies healing magic restores Minty, making her seem a little fuller.
>Minty at 6/6
"Whether it was a past life or an alternate self, it matters not. Your death is imminent."
[1d10+2]@Minty
>>650347
Your guns fire a volley of crystals at the Pegasus, causing it to explode and fall into a pile of perforated skin, broken bones, and sand.
>>650349
>3,2 @ unicorn
>5,9 @ Minotaur
>5,8 @ ogre
>2,2 @ griffon
>skipping pegasus because it's dead
>9,9 @ unicorn
>6,3 @ minotaur
>5,4 @ ogre
While quick, most of your attacks miss or do little damage. The unicorn has suffered the most, though.
There's a flickering shape that appears over the room, similar to static on a television that requires analog output. It emanates a terrible buzzing noise, as well, like a horde of insects.
Rushin is lifted up into the air by a telekinetic hold, before his body is twisted and bent. He is then dropped to the ground. "Fast enough to try and outrun my mind, but I caught up anyway," Terror Locust says.

Roll #1 3, 7, 6, 7 = 23 / Roll #2 1 + 2 = 3

 No.650352

>>650351
>forgot
>Rushin' takes 5 hits, helpless

 No.650353

>>650351
>>650352
Bang rushes over to help Rushin' up.

>Recover Rushin'

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.650354

>>650351
She shoots the unicorn. [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.650355

>>650351
Rushin's time magic lets him go around slicing and dicing to his heart's content, everything slow to a crawl in his perception as his eyes water, closing them from time to time as the friction of the air does horrible work to his eyes.

"Gah, my eyes… gotta keep it up, gotta…"

His high speed cutting spree is cut short as he finally slows down to be caught by Locust's telekinetic hold, rending his body as he cries out in pain

"AAAAAAAH!!!" he wails before being dropped to the ground, his swords clattering out of his telekinetic grip to the ground as he lays there, struggling to stand up. "Ooooh…f-fast enough to outthink you too…"

[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.650356

File: 1449209265712.gif (150.72 KB, 680x321, 1444199947737.gif)

>>650355
>>650351
Violet looks at the zipping super-speed of Rushin as he delivers his flurry of attacks.

"What was that?!"

>"No idea, Rushin's magic just spiked. Destroy everything in the room, if I'm right it'll hurt whatever's holding us here emphatically. Go for the finale!"


Violet nods to the voice in her head, dropping her guns and holding up her hoof, a gigantic gatling gun appearing in her hoof.

[1d10+2]
>DC 5
>Barrage: Ranged, Recharge 5; Hits all enemies within range, even if they are behind cover or not directly in your view. Benefits from Trick Ammo.

Violet utterly destroys the formerly nice room with a barrage of bullets, tearing through furniture, enemies, and so on.

"BANDOLIER! BARRAGE!"

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.650357

>>650349
"No I didn't!" She says, her voice cracking a bit as she gets progressively redder and redder in the face.

Seeing Rushin' move that quick, Minty couldn't help but stare wided eyed and slack jawed, and blink…most likely only once since he was moving pretty quick.
"Woah…."

>>650351
Minty certainly feels refreshed, but her stomach still jiggles slightly, though less than before.
"Hunh…neat."

Seeing Rushin' get lifted, bent, and dropped, Minty is quick to rush over to where he fell. She tries her best to stand between Rushin' and the newly formed shape.
"Okay punk! You asked for it! No more nice goo!"

Minty takes out her shield, swinging it around a bit to build momentum before tossing it up and at the shape.
>Ranged attack. On a successful Ranged distance attack, 1 hit per round on the target until helpless or healed.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.650358

>>650351

Bonnie, finding herself at a disadvantage in the middle of the room now that the danger of being surrounded was real. That had its advantages though. As much as an unknown threat was intimidating… the one being material could actually get beaten.

Seeing the griffin dodge Rushin's attention, she jumps to engage the flier mid-air. She attempted to strike at the stichings of the figure… at least where she thought they'd be.

>Normal attack

>(not thinking it applies this turn, but still) Poison, direct wound damage
[1d10+2]

Making a roundabout to spit into Violet's magazine.

>Poisoning weapon, lasts roll-6 turns

>instant, according to GM

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.650359

>>650355
>>650353
Rushin' is able to get back up by himself and his force of will.
>>650354
Your shot misses the unicorn. It plunges its horn into you in return, as the other stuffed creatures punch, kick, claw, and stomp on you.
>5 hits, helpless
>>650356
You tear up most of the taxidermied enemies, leaving the unicorn and minotaur barely standing, with the minotaur's arms fallen off and the unicorn missing its head.
>>650357
Your attack fails to connect with anything. "Hah! I knew you'd try that the moment you saw me, everyone does." The shape takes a proper form after your shield comes back to you- a kobold, smaller than the others, wearing a long, billowing cape, with three masks depicting simply carved faces in the emotions of sadness, anger, and happiness hanging from his neck. His face is hidden, but his long, rigid snout sticks out from under the hood of his cloak like that of a gar.
>>650358
As you try to jump up at Terror Locust, you find yourself seized in a telekinetic field like Rushin had just been caught in, falling to the floor. Your spit misses Flicker's weapon, but she'd probably be annoyed if it had landed, anyway.

The various stuffed creatures find their targets and attack.
Unicorn@Rushin'
Minotaur@Bang
Ogre@Minty
Griffon@Violet
[4d10]

Terror Locust's masks light up, with the sad one turning blue, the angry one turning red, and the happy one turning pink, targeting several of the party members.
Sadness@Minty
Anger@Rushin'
Happiness@Flicker

Roll #1 4, 10, 8, 6 = 28

 No.650360

>forgot second roll for masks
[3d10]

Roll #1 2, 5, 10 = 17

 No.650361

>>650359
Getting up. [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.650362

>>650359
Bang goes after the Unicorn, swinging his mighty fist mallet at it, the Minotaur, the Ogre and the Griffon.

>Cleave

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.650363

>>650359
Violet keeps firing till the massive machine gun finally runs out of bullets, the floor littered with shells.

Violet throws the massive thing at the flying kobold

[1d10+2]
>DC 5 [Single/Ranged]
>Reflex Shot: Requires ranged weapon, recharge 1; this attack can be used while helpless. Otherwise, deals double damage as well as suffers double counterattack damage.
>Turn 4/5

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.650364

>>650359
Rushin' stands up to full height, shaking his head as the magic rush tapers off.

"Woah… geez… what a rush…" he blinks.

"Note to self, 'What a Rush' makes best catchphrase."

He sparks his horn as the Anger mask fires towards him, trying to summon his haste spheres again, "C'mon, I did it once, I can do it again…"

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.650365

>>650359
"Oh shut up, you drama club nerd!"

Minty plants her hooves into the ground and pulls herself back.
"Let's see if you can know what I'm gonna do while seeing you in this moment…," she thinks a bit, thinking that didn't sound quite right, "…jerk!"
Saved it.
Then she lets go, slingshotting herself up at the kobold, and stretches her body out to try and engulf it.

>Goo grapple!

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.650366

>>650359
>forgot to say that Bonnie is helpless after critfail
>holy shit why do I keep forgetting this

 No.650367

>>650359

Bonnie squints, but nonetheless, fights her way through the overwhelming helplessness she's been subjected to.

If that Kobold enjoyed watching television.. that was going to be the last show he'd enjoy in a while..

>Recvery


[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.650369

>>650361
Flicker recovers, but as she does so, she's surrounded in a pink energy field. She then feels an extraordinary amount of happiness welling up inside her, so much so that she can't think of fighting when she can be helping and hugging others.
>Afflicted with Happiness. Unable to perform offensive actions for 5 turns
>>650362
The minotaur kicks Bang in the head just as he swings the hammer. The minotaur is rendered into a pile of sand, bone, and skin, as Bang falls to the ground. The ogre and griffon are thrown back, but get up and return into the battle.
>>650363
The giant gun hits the floating kobold. He's knocked out of his position, but doesn't fall to the ground. His mask of Anger lights up again, as a red aura field surrounds you.
Anger@Violet
>>650364
The Anger field fails to hold you, but the unicorn's headless charge at you ruins your casting, knocking you into the fire place as it explodes into sand, having lost its composition.
>take 5 hits, helpless
>>650365
Even as you wrap yourself around it, Terror Locust's Sadness mask glows blue again, while he attempts to Telekinetically harm you.
Mask of Sadness/Telekinesis[2d10+2]
The ogre and griffon charge at you, attempting to punch or claw you off of their master.
[2d10]

Roll #1 2, 4 + 2 = 8 / Roll #2 3, 7 = 10

 No.650370

>>650368
Bang attempts to retaliate back at the minotaur and griffon with another cleave.

>Cleave

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.650371

>>650369
She is just so dang happy.

 No.650372

>>650369
As his horn fails to flare up, he feels himself thrown harshly into the fire pit, couching up a storm as the ashes and sand explode in his face. He struggles to rub his eyes, not at all helped by the phenomenon

"*COUGH* *COUGH* Stupid magic… why don't you work when I WANT you to work?"

[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.650373

File: 1449212439949.jpg (17.42 KB, 480x360, I'msohappy.jpg)

>>650371
>>650369
Violet looks in horror as the aura surrounds her.

>"Low on energy, get out of there." Alaster commands her, as she tries to pull out of the aura, summoning an AK and cleaving the remaining monsters.


[1d10+2] Ranged Cleave 3
>Crits 9+
>Critfails 2-

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.650374

>>650372
>>650369
helping [1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.650375

>>650369
"How about I break that dumb, paper mache mask of yours!"
Minty's goo reaches up to the kobold's head, attempting to squeeze around his head like a snake.
"Yeah, you like that?!"

>squeezing his head/attempting to break the mask or take the mask off

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.650376

>>650374
As he's helped up out of the fire place, he rubs his eyes and starts trying to shake the sand out of his face. "Ah, *COUGH* that wasn't fun. Thanks Flicker!"

 No.650377

>>650376
She refuses to let go, instead preferring, for reasons, to wrap him up and rest her mouth on top of his head, humming mellow.

 No.650378

>>650370

Bonnie sprins to her hooves. Seeing the donkey struggle with getting both the targets in his range, he does a loop in air around them, distracting them, in order for Bang to score a point.

>Koan, instant


[1d10]

After that opening, she dives down on the griffin, her recent target, herself, following up Bang's cleave with a well-placed hoof to the torso.

>Normal attack

>Poisoned

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 10 + 2 = 12

 No.650379

>>650377
Rushin' blushes as he's wrapped up, squirming slightly as his eyes go upwards towards the odd pony resting on his head. "Ummm…. th-thanks again. I think I'm okay."

 No.650380

>>650370
With Bonnie's assistance, your attack knocks the heads off the two bodies. Though they both burst against the wall, the griffon only seems inconvenienced, while the minotaur falls over.
>>650371
>>650373
Flicker is just the happiest pegasus in the room. The griffon turns on Violet as she tries to get away shooting, pushing the gun up and punching her in the schnoz.
>take 5 hits
>>650372
>>650374
Flicker helps Rushin' get back on his hooves, and she's just thrilled to do it.
>>650375
You pull the mask of Sadness off of him. He gives you a telekinetic crush, as the headless griffon claws at the top of your form.
>minty takes 4 hits
>>650378
Your hoof bursts through the griffon, causing its remains to fall to the ground in a heap, leaving only Terror Locust trapped under Minty.

 No.650381

>paused

 No.651209

>resuming game
If you need a recap, just read >>650380


As the last of the taxidermied creatures is destroyed, Terror Locust begins to glow. He starts to phase through Minty, then floats into the air. "Congratulations, you've bypassed my first line of defense," he says with a cackle, "But now that that's done with, I'm free to re-focus my psychic powers!" The air starts to hum and vibrate, and the whole party feels a heavy shockwave go through them.
>roll to resist

"At this point, I've become completely invincible! The only one who can harm me is Caryadect Velptur!"

 No.651210

>>651209
As Terror rises up through Minty's grasp, she reforms into her normal shape and stares, blinking.
"Holy crud! It's a nerd ghost!"

Upon hearing his words, Minty raises a brow.
"But if you're invincible, how come I can still see you?"
As she speaks, she tries to hold her goo steady against the shockwave.

>resisting shockwave thingamajig

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.651211

>>651209

Due to the uneasiness of the preceding fight, Bonnie isn't feeling great about the currently unfurling events. She scoots up to one of the other party members as to find comfort in that when the strange magicks start working.

>Resist


[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.651212

>>651209

Due to the uneasiness of the preceding fight, Bonnie isn't feeling great about the currently unfurling events. She scoots up to one of the other party members as to find comfort in that when the strange magicks start working.

>Resist


[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.651213

>>651209
Rushin' blushes and wiggles out of Flicker's grasp as she helps him up, looking on at Terror Locus as he floats above them all, his mind reeling as he feels the sudden wave of psychic energy rolling in.

"GAH! Who the hay is a Car Duct Vulture?"

[1d10] REsist!
>>651210
>>651209
"Yeah, dumbass! You're standing right there, you're not invincible at all!" He shouts up with Minty

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.651214

>>651209
>>650380
As Violet is punched into the wall and disarmed, her body is surrounded by a rotating wireframe sphere briefly, before rolling to the ground, again dressed normal, her glasses sliding down her nose, which is red and sore, Alaster lying across her head.

"Oooooow."
>"Ooooow." Alaster telepaths simultaneously.

[1d10] Resist the shockwave.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.651215

>>651210
>>651213
"In-vin-ci-ble, not in-vis-ib-le, it means I can't be hurt, not be seen!" He shouts down at the two of you, pulling pebbles out from his robe that he throws at you, both of which bounce off harmlessly. You both feel unaffected by the shockwave. "Caryadect Velptur is the name of the only one who can hurt me right now, all others will fail to do so!"
>>651212
You feel the psychic pressure of the room pass through you, causing your head to hurt and your muscles to ache.
>take 4 hits
>>651214
The shockwave passes through you, sending an electric jolt of pain that causes every inch of your nervous system to scream out in pain.
>take 5 hits, helpless

 No.651216

>>651215
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Violet screams in pain, gripping her shoulders at the psychic wave.

She curls into the ground, whimpering.

[1d10] Remove Helpless
>Fluffwise she is not standing up yet.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.651217

>>651215
"….Ooooooh, so that's the diff-OW!" Rushin' grunts as the pebble hits his head, "Oh yeah? Well, where is he? We kinda need him!"

[1d10] Haste Magic, rolling for spheres

>>651216
As Violet spasms, he looks over in surprise and concern, "Violet! Violet, are you okay?! Drown it out, quick, think of the most annoying song ever!"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.651218

>Correction
>Bonnie takes no damage, Rushin' takes 1 hit
Rushin' feels his head hurt as the shockwave passes through him, leaving a ringing sensation as if he had been punched.

 No.651219

>>651215
"Oh yeah?" Minty says, taking up this challenge.
"Well yo momma is so stupid, when a guard gave her a ticket, she asked 'what movie are you going to see?'"

>hurt him via sick burns

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.651220

>>651215
>>651216

Due to seeing one of her classmares in such a state, the pegasu filly flies up to Violet, trying to see what hurt her nd how to remedy that. Seeing that the source was the shockwave, she has trouble with that though.

She places one of her cold hooves on her head.

"Shh. Alright now. Think positive."

>Helping violet up


[1d10]

>>651219

"Oooooooooooh!"

>Koan, instant


[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.651221

>>651216
You feel the echoes of the shockwave continue to wrack through your body, causing it to twist painfully against your will and without you realizing that you're even doing it until the pain comes.
>take 1 wound
>>651217
You summon three Haste Spheres.
"Well, why would I tell youuu?" he asks, sticking his tongue out of his long, gar-like snout and giving you a rude gesture with his arm.
>>651219
"Your mother is so foolish she thought Cheerios were Spaghetti-o's that had been baked."
>>651220
You assist Violet to her hooves while she's still shaking from the pain.

Terror Locust swings his arms, shouting theatrically, "Now it's time for round 2! Think you can get it this time?" The shockwaves begin rebounding through the room again, this time louder and faster than before.

 No.651222

>roll to resist shockwaves again

 No.651223

>>651217
Violet ignores this, shaking in pain.
>>651220
>>651221
Violet struggles to her hooves, still shaking, pulling away a bit from Bonnie, not even having time to brace herself before the next wave.

[1d10] Resist

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.651224

>>651221
"Well yo momma so ugly, she looks like an ogre, and smells like one too!"
Minty retorts back, trying to resist the nasty shockwave once again.
[1d10] yo momma joke burnage
[1d10] resistance

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 1 = 1

 No.651225

>>651221
"Hey! You making fun of me?!"

He grins, throwing the spheres around to his friends

>Instant action to

>Minty
>Violet
>Bonny

"Well, how about you stop it with the migraines and give us a hint, at least!"

[1d10] He grits his teeth, trying to fight the mental onslaught

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.651226

>>651221

"You're a real pain in the flank, anyone told you this before?"

>Resist


[1d10]

Having seen the masks glow before, she strikes at them, believing them to be this Locus guy' s mental focus:

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #3 5 + 2 = 7

 No.651227

>>651223
The shockwave passes through you once more, weakening your body and mind. At least it wasn't as bad as the first time.
>take 4 hits
>>651224
Your jiggly body is unable to resist the shockwave, as you almost melt from the mental impact.
>take 6 hits, helpless
>>651225
The shockwave passes right through you, though you feel rattled.
>>651226
You fly up and break both of the masks, causing Terror Locust to scream out at you in anger before you're blown back, getting turned over in the air and falling onto your back from the impact of the wave.
>take 5 hits, helpless

"Well, it looks like only two of you could handle it that time," the kobold says, assuming a sitting position, pulling out some more pebbles and tossing them harmlessly at Rushin', "Don't be losing your composure, now."

 No.651228

File: 1450410995089.jpg (877.72 KB, 1920x1399, 1449358382805.jpg)

>>651227
>>651225
Flicker picks up Rush again and combs his mane out.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.651229

>>651227
"Oh look at that! He's so flankhurt, aren't you momma's boy?" Minty says, attempting to get back up and hold her gooey self steady.

>instant recov

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.651230

>>651227

The outburst was real. There must have been something worthy of that. Those masks could've been the key to actually hurting the bad guy..

"One mask left! Go for it!" - she shouted to encourage her friends.

She attempts to pick herself up, folding the wings in the process, as they got messy from the fall.

>recovery


[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.651231

>>651227
Violet lays close to the ground, holding her arms in pain gritting her teeth.

No action.
>Still have a haste orb absorbed though

 No.651232

>>651227
Feeling no effect from his blast, he grunts as more pebbles are thrown at him. He growls up at Terror, "HEY! Would you cut it out, those hurt! And I don't care who that guy is anymore, I'mma see just how invisible you are!" He says mispronunciating 'invicible' as he readies to attack

[1d10+1] Magic Bolt (damaging Terror)

>>651228
As the blast is about to leave his horn, he gasps as Flicker grabs him and starts combing his mane. He kicks his legs, trying to wiggle out.

"Gah! Fl-flicker, what are you doin'? My mane's fine, you don't gotta fix it…"

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.651233

>>651232
She makes an airy, tuneless hum as she stylizes it, parting it just so around his ears and horn for maximum style and toughness points. She sounds, probably, quite content.

 No.651234

>>651227
>>651229
Back up, Minty shake her head a bit.
"Say goodbye to you stupid mask, dummy," she says and proceeds to eat the mask of sadness she took from him.
"Eww…tastes like big, smelly nerd."
>eating/destroying the Mask of Sadness

"Hey, nice marbles," Minty says, picking one up and looking it over, "oh wait, they're rocks. 'Cause yo momma too poor to buy you real marbles! Or was she so fat that she ate all the bits she was supposed to buy food with?"

>keeping up the sick burns because why the heck not/kinda limited here

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.651235

>>651228
You gently comb Rushin's mane to smoothness.
>Happy status effect lifted
>>651232
Your Magic Bolt dissipates in the air as it travels towards him. "Haha, I told you! Caryadect Velptur is the only one who can hurt me!"
>>651230
>>651229
"I'm not angry at something you said, I'm angry because you broke my masks! I worked hard on these, dammit! They were hand-carved and painted! I took a class on woodworking and painting to finish these! How about I break your things and you can see how it feels!"
>>651231
You do nothing and go unacknowledged by Terror Locust.

With that said, Terror Locust lets out a third shockwave, with electric energy crackling throughout it.
>roll to resist, failure results in damage and broken weapons/equipment

 No.651236

>>651234
>hit enter early, meant to reply right after I finished typing out the reply to Violet
You eat the mask. This causes Terror Locust to scream with anger.

 No.651237

>>651235
Folding the robe to make a carrier for Rush, Flicker feels rather odd and artificially emotional. She chalks it up to breakfast forever ago and leaves the room.

[1d10] Resist

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.651238

File: 1450412090032.gif (497.91 KB, 250x183, NERD.gif)

>>651235
>>651236
At hearing the kobold go into detail about his masks, Minty yells out against the shockwave.
"NERRRRRD!"

>resist shockwave

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.651239

>>651235
Violet struggles to her hooves, still wracked with pain.

[1d10] Resist

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.651240

>>651233
He groans loudly, sounding like a fussy younger brother. He moves his hooves at his mane to 'fix' it by making it messier. "Fliiiick! You're messin' up my cool 'do!"

>>651235
>>651237

He growls angrily as his bolt disappears, "DANG IT! Hold on, buddy…"

As Flicker carries him up in her robe, he fusses about and looks at her, "Flicker, would you stop huggin' me so much… uh, for now, I mean, you wanna do it later that's cool… and gimme a piece of paper and a pen?" He blinks, "Oh, uh, please?"

[1d10] Resisting

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.651241

>>651235

Bonnie grits her teeth. That wasn't the answer she was expecting for sure. There were certainly things she'd rather savor from the Locust's rage. Poor thing, was she about to lose them?

>Resist


[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.651242

>>651240

Lemme just add a quick something…

>Koan, instant


[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.651243

>>651240
As he undoes her painstaking and highly-professional work, she glowers and turns the stink-eye on him.
[1d10]

She sticks a sheet of paper and a pencil into his hooves.

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.651244

>>651243
>>651235

As he is glared at, Rushin' shrinks back down,

"Uuuuhhhh…. I mean, you made it look good it's just, my mane's usually… uh… I mean… y-you can keep making it better if you want, that's no problem, hehehehe…"

He gulps, looking at the paper he's given. "OH, awesome! Thanks Flick!" He lets himself be carried as he takes the paper and pencil, writing out the name before he looks up at Terror

"HEY! How do you spell that name you keep sayin'?"

 No.651245

>>651244
She puts the mane back into the way she got it. Pausing to consider it further, she spikes up the back, hoping he'll think it 'cooler' or whatever the fuck the kids are into these days.

 No.651246

>>651237
You resist the shockwave, as it passes through you, leaving your coat and mane standing up on ends.
>>651238
Unable to resist, it passes through you. You hear a creaking noise coming from your saw shield.
>>651239
You're able to resist the attack!
>>651240
>>651244
The shockwave passes through you, blowing you to the floor. "Why would I tell you?" He asks with a sneer.
>>651242
You're unable to resist it properly, as the psychic shockwave passes through your body and into the Léon's Hands.

 No.651247

>>651246
>hit enter early again
The gauntlets start to shiver, then fall apart on the floor, unable to be worn.
>Léon's Hands damaged, unable to equip until repaired

 No.651248

>>651245
He grunts as she spikes up the back of his mane, unable to see it from his position. "Does it at least look cool?"

>>651246
He gasps as he's blown to the floor, staring up at Terror, "Well alright, fine! I'll guess…"

He takes the pencil and pen, trying to guess work 'Caryadect Velptur'

[1d10] (NOT MY MOVE YET)

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.651249

>>651248
He finishes writing out the word before sticking it in his leather armor, looking back up at Terror. "Alright, now I'M Caryadect Velptur! Taste my car luck duck vulture-y wrath!"

[1d10+1] Magic Bolt, firing at Terror

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.651250

>>651246
>>651248
>>651238
Throwing her hooves up in frustration as the hairdo is completely fucked once again, Flicker writes out "Caryadect Velptur" on the sheet of paper and slaps it onto Minty and then on Rush.

 No.651251

>>651246
Minty blinks, looking over her shield a bit.
"Hah, it didn't work, you stupid nerd!"

>>651246


>>651246
>>651250
Upon Flicker slapping it onto Minty, she just jiggles in place a bit.
"Hey! Is that a kick me sign?!"
Upon closer look, Minty sighs.
"Oh good, it isn't. But…what is this suppose to change?" As Minty asks that, she puts both hooves to her side like a shrug. She does so too quickly, loses grip on her shield, and it goes flying at Terror.

>On a successful Ranged distance attack, 1 hit per round on the target until helpless or healed.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.651252

>>651246
Violet continues cowering.

>"This is bad, we can't hurt him, and we're stuck in here. Anyone have any ideas?"


Alaster telepaths the others as Violet stands back.

 No.651253

>>651252
"I dunno. He's pretty tough. Those were some of my best momma jokes."
Minty thinks for a moment.
"Clearly he doesn't love his momma…so let's try yo daddy jokes instead!"

 No.651254

>>651246
>>651247

Though Bonnie's mighty hurt at the only item she's found worthy of appreciation being damaged - out of all the ones she's been carrying - she does feel a hint of justice being served.

She had no idea what to do next. She felt helpless at this point, as she breathed deep, trying to steady herself over her grief.

"Anyone please tell you have any idea…"

>Recovery


[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.651255

>>651249
The magic bolt dissipates in the air.
"Really? According to that, you're chicken scratch!" Terror Locust cackles at you.
>>651254
You're unable to lift yourself up.
>>651250
You apply the paper serving as nametags onto your chaperoned students.
>>651251
>close enough!
Your shield tears into the floating kobold's midsection, tearing his robe and bloodying up his midsection. "Hahaha, well, I shouldn't be too surprised that you eventually figured it out," he says, "But you'll never get this one! Watch in eternal terror, as I stop time itself!"
>>651252
You watch as Minty's shield tears into the psychic, but then-

>pause

 No.651256

>>651255
Flicker turns the tv back on.

 No.651257

>>651256
Time resumes. The psychic kobold floats in the air with a confused frown on his muzzle. "Wait, what? How'd you do that?"

 No.651258

>>651255
>>651255
>paused
http://pastebin.com/qHBnvGGR
Posted sheet again, new game

As Flicker scratches out his badly written name and replaces it with a new correctly written one, he gasps. "OOOOOOOH, THAT'S how you spell that? What the hell do those words even mean, those look like he just made them up Flicker."

As his hair is messed around with, he looks up at Terror, "Alright, how about this?!" He tries to summon spheres of speed

[1d10] Homing Attack Haste

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.651259

>>651257
She hits fast-forward on the remote to age the kobold so old that he is no longer a threat.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.651260

>>651255
Minty blinks as nothing seems to happen. With a shrug of confusion, she stares up at the kobold.
"I have no idea what you're geeking out about," Minty says, jerking her head side-to-side, but makes no cracking noises due to a lack of bones, "but I'm gonna give you the wedgie of a lifetime!"

>Expansive: making her Unarmed into Dual


Minty rushes forward to get behind the kobold, seeing her opportunity to strike.
"I call this one: The Double Deuce!"
Minty grabs hold of the kobold robes from the front and pulls it between his legs. She then does a goo-spring jump up to yank the makeshift undies high, and then a second jump where she tries to bounce higher.

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #2 9 + 2 = 11

 No.651261

>>651257
>>651253
>"I don't think that'll wo-"
>>651255
>"Magic name tags? That's just stupid."

Alaster telepaths to the kobold, Violet still staying back.

 No.651262

>>651258
>this was also an acceptable answer
You're unable to summon any haste spheres as the kobold looks around with confusion.
>>651259
Doesn't work like that.
>>651261
"It's not magic, it's psychic powers, there's a diff-" Locust starts to say, before he's cut off.
>>651260
You pull him up hard enough for him to hit the ceiling of the room. The psychic field surrounding it breaks and shatters, as the purple tint appears like glass falling to the floor and fading away. Terror Locust falls to the ground with a surprised look on his unmoving face.

Everything is back to normal, now, except the stuffed creatures are still lying on the floor in bits. There is a large, ornate door to the right, and a smaller, simpler door to the left, with stairs to the lower floors in the ground.

 No.651263

File: 1450415834292.jpg (93.94 KB, 1333x767, Beat-the-End-in-Metal-Gear….jpg)

>>651262
She checks the body for keys or anything important-looking, then checks the right door.

 No.651264

>>651262
Violet, leaning against the wall, slides to the floor, breathing heavily, pushing her glasses back up her face.

 No.651265

>>651262
>>651260
As Minty gives a life ending wedgie to end all wedgies, he drops down from Flicker's grasp to look at the downed Kobold, eyes wide with fear as he replaces his name tag.

"Wow… uh… I'm really glad I don't wear underwear for this exact reason. Damn, Minty."

He looks towards the simpler door to the left, "Who has the bombs, I think we need to plant one here before we move on."

 No.651266

>>651262
"Woohoo! Yeah! Good job Minty!" Bang cheers out for her, giving her a victory hoof pump.

 No.651267

>>651262
Minty lands next to the catatonic kobold.
"Woo! Geeettt dunked on, geeklord!" Minty yells right into the kobold's face, doing a small strut around the fallen foe to add insult to injury.

>>651265
Minty grins at Rushin' and pats her own back a bit.
"Yeah, I know I'm awesome," Minty says, "maybe it should be Guard Minty instead, hmm?"

 No.651268

>>651267
>>651262
She looks at the ornate doors, attempting to crack it open and peek inside a bit.
>Surp Surv: auto spot checks if needed

 No.651269

File: 1450416680362.jpg (32.68 KB, 273x376, sam-the-eagle.jpg)

>>651263
You find on Locust's body:
>a bag of pebbles
>trail mix in a burlap pouch
>a deck of cards
>a small journal
>a wooden recorder
>>651264
The dead griffon head nearby looks at you with an uncomfortably stern look in its eyes.
>>651266
>>651265
You each celebrate in your own way.
>>651268
The door seems to just open by pushing it in. You can feel that it's heavy, but not to the point where you'll need help.

 No.651270

>>651269
She leaves the stuff, it'd be rude to steal.

She tries to fix up the bomb that the minion destroyed earlier, apparently forgetting about the hair.

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.651271

>>651269
"Alright, let's head deeper in. Who's leading?" Bang asks, making his way to the door minty had peeked into.

 No.651272

>>651267
Rushin' grins, "HEY! I'm a good guard! You see how I slashed up all those stuffed animals?"

>>651264
He looks over at Violet, seeing she's leaning against the wall, and moves over to help her up.

"Hey, you alright Violet? How many horns do I have?"

He looks back at his swords she gave him, "Hey, thanks for these by the way. They're rad! Where'd you get the idea?"

>>651269
>>651270
>>651271
HE looks over at the bomb as Flicker tries to put it back together, "Hey Flicker? I think we got extras too."

He looks over at the door Bang leans into, "I will! I'm the guard after all. Just let us get this bomb set up first."

 No.651273

>>651272
Flicker makes a double-take at Rushin's hair, wondering who in their right mind would've scuffed it up in the way that she did minutes ago. Licking the tip of her hoof, she re-sculpts it into the shape that it was prior to any of her intervention.

 No.651274

>>651272
"Right, me and minty will guard the door!" He pulls his justice fist mallet and begins to patrol back and forth between the door like he's on guard duty.

 No.651275

>>651266
Minty continues to grin.
"Aww, thanks. Remember that when we get home and I need something from you," Minty says only half-threateningly this time. The other half: full of pride.

>>651272
"You good enough to not get wedgied in that armor?" Minty says, giving him a 'you feel lucky, punk?' sort of stare.


>>651269
Minty proceeds to push the doors and proceed through, currently riding high on the latest victory.

 No.651276

>>651269
>>651272
Violet looks warily at the dead griffon, before rising to her hooves with Rushin's help, breaking off after she's standing, still a little in pain.

"I'm fine. I'm…I think I'm okay."

>"Those would be my idea. I figured cutting our way out would work decently well. Didn't go exactly according to plan, but that's life for you. Those were the most thematic swords I could think of, given you kept casting haste spells."


>Walking with Rushin, Bang, etc.

 No.651277

>>651275
"Whatta ya need from me, Minty?"

 No.651278

>>651270
The bomb is put back together, though the paper wrapping is still torn up a bit.
>>651274
You stand outside the door as the others head inside the room.
>>651272
>>651275
>>651276
The door leads into a large, cavernous room. Green gemstones are embedded in the floor that emit a light that doesn't strain the eyes in the darkness. The room smells a bit foul, and you each find yourselves unfortunate enough to step into something squishy.

 No.651279

>>651278
"Woah…now this is pretty sweet," Minty says, bounding more into the room, only to be hit with a face full of whatever that smell is.
"Peeyew. Smells like Rushin' after gym class," Minty remarks outloud.

Her attention then comes to the squishy stuff she step in.
"Oh, this better not be what I think it is," she remarks, getting a better look at it.
Surp Surv: auto spot check whatever this stuff is

 No.651280

>>651278
She takes the deck of cards and searches it for a keycard.

>>651278
She looks in the other room while the others are in that one.

 No.651281

>>651278
Bang makes sure to watch the room a bit but does peek back into the room where the rest went.

 No.651282

>>651279
>Addendum: and the rest of the room too if there's more to be seen.

 No.651283

>>651273
"Gah! Flicker…" He looks up at her with a grouchy face as she fixes his mane again, but this time looking up at his messy pompadour with delight. "Oh, wait, you fixed it! Alright, that's more like it!"

He reaches up and hugs Flicker around the waist, "Thanks! Don't know why you were so busy making it weird earlier."

>>651274
"Sounds like a plan… wait. I'm a guard. Should I be guarding the door…. or, am I the one who goes through first? What do guards do, guard stuff or scout stuff?"

He pauses, looking down in thought

>>651275
He gulps, reminding himself that he is indeed wearing clothes at this moment after all, "Uh… yeah, yeah! Totally, You would never get me in this like that poser. If you were the guard and wearing it, you'd definitely get it before me."

>>651276
He looks at her, "You sure? I know this place is a lot rougher than I'd say it'd be, I just wanna make sure."

He looks to Alaster, "Oooooh, slick. Yeah, I have to admit, I never really got how much clock hands look like sort of cool lookin' swords before, but those are awesome!" He chuckles, "Guess it works with the whole time thing too."

>>651278
>>651279
As he steps into the room with them, he gags at the smell and the stuff on his hoof.

"Eeeeeeewwww! What the heck, what did we walk into the garbage room?! Who has a room made entirely for gross gar… HEY!" He looks at Minty, growling, "I shower after PE every time! Er… most of the time, if I forget I forget. It's only because I work harder in gym than any other class."

HE looks about the dimly lit room, looking for anything of value like the pass cards.

"What do you think it is…. because you're giving me a bad feeling."

[1d10] Searching

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.651284

>>651283
"I figured guards do both."

 No.651285

>>651283
She gives him a confused look, holding up her wings and hooves in an expression that reads, "What are you on about?"

 No.651286

>>651283
>>651278
"Lets just worry about getting out of here." Violet says almost pleadingly stepping into the dark room with a squish.

"Eeew, what is this?" Violet asks looking at her hoof, Alaster having taken vantage point on top of her head.

>"Well Violet's the one who made them. I just gave her the idea."

 No.651287

>>651283
"You sure do, stinky," Minty says with a small laugh.

"Well, I hope it's not poop. Hopefully just some expired pudding or something."

 No.651288

>>651279
As you look closer and sniff at it, you realize that it's poop. Green poop.
>>651280
As you search through the deck of cards, you see that the rules for playing poker have been replaced by a see-through plastic card with a magnetic strip and a green square on it.
>>651281
>>651282
You look into the room and see that they're in a high-ceilinged chamber with green light-emanating gemstones in the floor.
>>651283
As you look upwards, some of the gunk falls right onto your head. Squinting more, you see a number of shapes against the ceiling, slowly moving out of synchronization, with large, leathery wings.
>>651286
It sticks to your hooves. It's a good thing Alaster's riding on your head.

 No.651289

>>651288
Putting away the keycard, Flicker checks the door that the others have not opened.

 No.651290

>>651288
"Augh…AAAAUGH! C'mon! Gross!" Minty yells out, shaking her hooves to get it off, only to put the hoof back down and back into it.
"Not cool!"

Seeing no escape, Minty braces herself and continues through the room to see what else is around.
"…weak…."

 No.651291

>>651288
"Just uhh… Just shout if you need me."

 No.651292

>>651284
"I guess so… alright, I'll go in first then and then we'll switch on the next one?"

>>651285
He looks at her funny, breaking from the hug. "Huh? What's with the look? C'mon, you were huggin' me and messing with my mane and stuff…?"

>>651286
"Right, thanks to you too for that Violet!" He pats her on the back congratulatory-like.

>>651286
>>651287
>>651288
He groans as he looks at all the disgusting, squishy goo on his hoof and tries to wipe it off on his leather armor.

"Yeah, it had better not be poop. Who or what would poop just all o….ver… the… flooor…"

He looks up at the gunk that landed on his head, mumbling to himself in disgust as he tries to shake it off before looking up to the ceiling, looking at all the large leathery wings.


"…oh…. uh.. Minty? Violet? Bang? I think I know who's poop this is…"

 No.651293

>>651292
"Sounds like a plan!"

 No.651294

>>651292
"Don't wanna know, Rush," Minty says quickly as she moves along, "let's just find a door in here and get out of this giant toilet."

 No.651295

>>651292
>>651288
Violet recoils a bit at Rushin's pat, before slowly turning her head back towards the ceiling as Rushin points out its shit.

"Dr-dr-dr-dr-DRAAAAAAGONS!"

Alaster attempts to throw his ears over Violet's mouth to muffle her at "Dr-" and keep her from finishing.

[1d10] Muffling Violet

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.651296

>>651292
>Before going into the room of course

Flicker looks at him with mild puzzlement. Noting that the others are about to move on (and probably not looking in this direction), she realizes what Rush might be getting at.

She pulls him in again and rubs her snout into the top of his head ruins his mane, then eventually lets him go.

 No.651297

>>651296
"What, hey!" his face turns even redder than usual as she rubs her muzzle against his hair, the colt blushing so hard it makes his mouth sputter as she lets him go afterwards. "Flicker! C'mon, make up your mind, are you tryin' to make my hair look cool or not?"

He blushes, taking his hooves form his hair, "Uh… you know what, I bet it looks awesome! Thanks, Flicker." He leaves his hair be as he hurriedly scuttles away towards the poop chamber, smiling a little when she's not looking.

>>651294
>>651295
>>651294
He jumps on Minty as well, about to put his poop covered hoof over her mouth before freezing and instead using his horn magic to try and keep her quiet as well.

[1d10] Telekinesis

"V-violet, shhhhh!" He looks at Minty, "Well you may wanna know cause they're sorta right above us… be VERY quiet…" He tries to shake his head of the poop, "Gah, can't believe they did it on my face…"

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.651298

>>651289
The door leads into a room that looks like a rabbit warren, with small holes cut in the wall where beds of straw and blankets are set down, with fireplaces set into either sides of the long room.
>>651290
>>651295
With Minty and Violet's shouting, the ceiling starts to rustle, with some roaring and screeching noises coming down.

 No.651299

>>651298
>>651297
"Aaaah!" Violet screams, turning and rushing out of the poop room back into the room with Bang.

 No.651300

>>651298
Finally looking up, Minty goes wide-eyed at what she sees.
"Not cool! Not cool!" She yells, running around the room to find a door (other than the one she entered in from) and immediately barges through it.

 No.651301

>>651300
>>651299
>>651298
"Yeah okay okay retreat retreat retreat!" Rushin' shouts, sliding about all the green goo towards a door, trying to forcibly grab Violet along if she's frozen with fear towards the nearest door. "This is NOT what my first encounter with dragons I thought would be! This is not how ANY encounter with dragons should be!"

[1d10] RETREAT (quickly without waking the dragons)

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.651302

File: 1450421276572.jpg (7.5 KB, 300x169, Maigisthemage rolled a ran….jpg)

>>651299
>>651301
The two of you run back into the common room loudly shouting.
>>651300
Running straight forward, you find yourself in a bathroom, with stalls for toilets opposite stalls for showers, with sinks at either end of the room. It has blue tiling and seems fairly clean. It's a marvel why they bother pooping while sleeping when they have toilets.

>>651293
Rushin' and Violet loudly run back into the common room. You hear the sounds of roaring and flapping wings in the room behind you.
>>651297
You hear the sounds of Rushin' and Violet screaming in the common room

>pausing

 No.651303

>>651302
Violet unpauses the tv.

 No.653387

Post sheets when ready.

 No.653388

File: 1452827857945.gif (1.75 MB, 355x200, 1452529143511.gif)


 No.653389

File: 1452828008754.jpg (117.77 KB, 382x1056, Bubbles.jpg)


 No.653390

File: 1452828497776.jpg (119.05 KB, 688x800, Minty Grows Up.jpg)


 No.653391


 No.653392

>>653388
>>653389
>>653390
>>653391
When last we left our heroes, they had woken up the many teenage bat dragons in the cave-barracks of the dragons' fort.

Minty is currently in the mostly unused bathroom, having gone relatively unnoticed.

Rushin', Violet, Bonnie, and Bang are in the common room, where the many bat dragons follow them in. The one in front puts his arms back to keep the others behind him, then surveys the room. "What's going on in here?" He asks, eyeing the dead body of Terror Locust.

The bat dragons are about twice as tall as an average pony, with slightly toned bodies, though their hunched-over positions make them seem only half taller. They all have flat, upturned noses, large triangular ears, and small yellow eyes. Their scales are grey, with black manes running down their backs. Their wings are extended from their fingers, folded up against their arms as they walk on their knuckles, like a gorilla.

Flicker is in a small room adjacent to the common room, which was probably the kobold servants' room. It's a dusty room with a dirt-packed floor, straw beds, and little in the way of decoration.

 No.653393

>>653392
Minty sighs a breath of relief, having escaped the terrifying dragons.
"Okay guys, what's th-" Minty begins to say, expecting someone to come up with a game plan of some sort. Instead, her looking around revealed she was all by herself. She blinked in some disbelief, not wanting to believe she was trapped in a bathroom with a bunch of bat things just on the other side.
"Okay…don't panic. Just need to…think of something."

Minty decides to look around the room, being extra observant and adventurous in her searching around the room.

>searching for any items/hidden devices possibly in the bathroom

>Surpreme Survivor: auto pass spot checks

"Huh…why make a place look so nice if they never use it," she wonders outloud as she searches her surroundings.

 No.653394

>>653392
Bang makes a pose sticking one front hoof out and standing on his hind legs, wielding his Justice Fist with the other hoof. "I'm Bang Lionheart! Hero of Justice and member of Team Rushin' Justice! We're here to protect the town from you dragons!" He heroically says with a wide grin.

 No.653395

File: 1452829769465.gif (581.07 KB, 250x188, Woopwoopwoopwoopwoopwoop.gif)

>>653392
Violet looks in horror at the large number of dragons staring them down, before turning and fleeing down the stairs, Alaster holding on for dear life to her head.

>"Ruuuuuuun!" Alaster telepaths to Bonnie, Bang, and Rushin.


[1d10] Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop
>Violet's roll for getting away

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.653396

>>653392
She starts to look for the next room that they need to rig with a bomb.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.653397

>>653394
>Looking heroically intimidating
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.653398

>>653392

Bonnie shrinks down a little and says the following, trying to get their flanks out of this situation painless:

"Uhhh… we were on a tour, dear sirs? One to show what a mangificent fightning force resides here? I think Mr. Locust just had a heart attack though…"

She tries to look cute, to make this lie viable. Does the whole of it work?

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.653399

>>653393
There's a line of toilet stalls on one side of the room, a line of shower stalls on the other, and a line of sinks at opposite ends of the room, with big bristly brushes for cleaning teeth. There are several drains in the tile floor, and several fan vents in the ceiling.
>>653394
>>653397
The dragons start looking confused. The one in front seems to channel their confusion and ask, "But we're not attacking it right now. Are we supposed to be attacking it right now?" Some of the others ask,
"I don't think we were supposed to do it today."
"Is this a drill?"
>>653395
You fall down the stairs, tumbling head over hooves, landing at the bottom of the flight on the ground floor, where the great hall is. The steps down to the lower levels are nearby.
>>653396
You're supposed to rig the armory, barracks, front gate, and at the horde. You dropped one bomb off in the armory, but hadn't primed it to explode via the parchment with the stamp spaces, and you dropped one bomb off in the common room.
>>653398
"We're offering tours?"
"Is this a new thing? Are we getting paid?"
"He had a heart attack? Just leave him there, we'll get another one soon enough."
"Do you have any questions for us?"

 No.653400

>>653399
Bang stares for a moment before smiling. "Oh! Yeah! They told me that uhh.. you're supposed to practice chasing me out. In case of intruders! Are you all ready to go for a run?!" He says with a cheery smile as he hops a bit in place. Maybe this will give Flicker some more time. "Uhh… Wait, which way was to the exit again?"

>Trying to remain convincing

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.653402

>>653399
"Ow ouch ow, aah!" Violet shouts as she falls down the stairs, moaning as she stands up and rushes into the Great Hall, not looking to see what's inside as she heads in.

 No.653403

>>653399
Seeing nothing of overall interest, Minty sighs.
"Welp, since nothing is coming for me yet, guess I'll get to work."

Minty proceeds to into the stalls and use any and all the toilet paper to clog all the toilets, sink drains, floor and shower drains (if these dragons are as filthy as they seem and don't have toilet paper, I do this with my goo). Once the drains are properly clogged, Minty then proceeds to turn all the sink faucets and showers on.
"I'm I'm gonna be dragon chow, might as well do whatever I want before I'm eaten."
With a shrug, she then proceeds to flush the clogged toilets several times to have them overflow.

>sabotaging the bathrooms to flood

 No.653404

>>653399
>>653400

Bonnie was about to say something, but the donkey got ahead of her… hence, she changed her plans:


"Yeah, that's the premium ticket that the donkey got. We heard you were very good at that? Meanwhile, the rest of us have just the visit round the place covered… could you tell us something about yourselves? How did you become the awesome bat dragon warriors you are today?"

 No.653405

>>653399
Seeing the dragons but not the party, as they presumably block the view, she reasons that they must be in front of them. Seeing as there is no violence happening, she approaches and taps one of the dragons on the shoulders to see what the fuss is about.

 No.653406

>>653400
>>653404
"Well, it's all very stupid, you know, since it's the middle of the day, and we were asleep, so… maybe come back later, when we're awake?" The one in front offers, "And, the exit is the same way you came in, there aren't any doors that are only doors going out or in, all the doors go in and out."
"As for how we got to be so awesome, uh, that's calcified."
>>653403
You set to work, and soon the sinks are flooding onto the blue tile floor, as are the toilets and shower stalls. The water runs over into the cave room where they all sleep and the floor is covered in guano, soon mixing with the water into a foul sludge.
>>653405
The dragon picks you up, then sets you down with the rest of the group. "There you go, everyone's back together, now," he says. "Now get outta here, we need to sleep so we can eventually attack the town or whatever."

>>653402
You rush into the great hall, with its large table, long benches, with shields and banners decorating the hall, and immediately come face-to-face with a pair of dire wolves.

 No.653407

>>653406

Bonnie nods, apparently intrested, then answers:

"Alright… not gonna bother you then… have some sweet dreams!"

Then she turns around and walks out of the room, presumably in the direction opposite to that of the dragons. She's not interested in angering them for sure.

 No.653408

>>653406
>>653407
Seeing that the dragons are quite agreeable and not antagonizing her class, she nods in agreement and to bid them good day. She accompanies Bonnie out.

 No.653409

>>653406
>>653407
>>653408
Noticing the group leaving Bang just follows them and waves at the dragons. "Bye!"

 No.653410

File: 1452833028946.gif (848.51 KB, 410x300, You Spin Me Right Round.gif)

>>653406
Minty watches as she ends up making the sludge, not thinking ahead of plugging the bathroom door.
"Shoot…."
She looks on with some disgust. Looking around, she realizes something. An escape route! The drains!
"…jeez, I'm such an idiot!"

Steeling herself, Minty wades over to one of the toilets and proceeds to pull out the clog.
"…sick…."
She then gets into the toilet, and proceeds to flush herself, taking advantage of her gooey body to travel down into the pipes.
"…weak…."

 No.653411

File: 1452833047350.gif (1017.63 KB, 500x272, tumblr_inline_nsmov1yZpt1s….gif)

>>653406
Violet comes to a dead stop as she sees the two large wolves staring her down, inches away.

She freezes, breathing slow.

[1d10] Please don't eat me.

>"Violet, whatever you do. Don't make any sudden movements.


Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.653412

>>653410
As Minty awaits her travel through the pipes, she has a quick snack to ease her nervousness: her sawblade shield. She gulps it down and absorbs it into her body, her goo 'remembering' it for later.

 No.653413

>>653407
>>653408
>>653409
Together, you all leave the common room via the staircase that leads down to the ground floor, where the great hall is. Inside, Violet and Aster are face-to-face with two dire wolves, both of them the size of a large pony, covered in silver fur, their long snouts snarling at Violet as she stands frozen in front of them. You all go unseen by them.
>>653411
You stand still hard enough to not tempt their hunger, but your sudden appearance makes them curious enough to continue observing you.

>>653410
>>653412
As you flush yourself down the toilet, all the weapons, armor, and etc. that you had on your person that you hadn't absorbed get stuck in the toilet bowl.

What follows is a fast journey through through some pipes, a filtering system, and more pipes that spits you out onto the surface of the lake outside. Your form has taken quite a beating, and as such it will take quite some concentration to get back to normal.

 No.653414

>>653413
Violet continues standing perfectly still, breathing slow as they sniff and prod at her.

[1d10] Staying perfectly still
>And its Alaster, not Aster

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.653415

>>653413
"Whoooa… Those guys look awesome! Maybe they're pets?" Bang says, admiring the dire wolves.

 No.653416

>>653413
She wads up some paper from her notebook and throws it behind the dire wolves to distract them from Violet.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.653417

>>653413
Minty just floats for awhile in the lake, looking like some off-color puddle or something most likely.
"Ugh…anyone catch the make of that filter?"

Taking note of where the pipes spat her out, Minty decides its time to get moving and attempts to put herself back together.

>returning to normal

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.653418

>>653413
>>653414
>>653415

"Think they're tamed… or rather that they're like… guardian wolves?" - Bonnie responds to Bang, flying high over the wolves. Not enough to let them grasp her, probably, but enough to distract them and get their attention away from Violet.

>distraction


[1d10]

>Koan, instant


[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.653419

>>653414
One of the wolves' noses brushes up against yours, causing you to involuntarily recoil and sniff your nose. With confirmation that you're alive and made of meat, the wolf bites you!
[1d10+1] Biting Attack
>>653416
The second wolf sees the paper wad fly over, its eyes going back to the source. Finding you, it runs over you with its maw gaping wide open to snap down on your neck!
[1d10+1]
>>653418
You fly over their line of sight, as they're distracted by the other two mares in the group.
>>653415
Incidentally, you notice leather collars around their necks, under their silver fur.

>>653417
The water eventually washes you up to the shore of the lake next to the mountain, where a small strip of sand separates the water from the woods. You're able to reform once you get onto the shore.

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.653420

>>653419
She shoots the wolf attacking her.

[1d10+2] EA: Stun

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.653421

>>653419
Violet stumbles backwards!

[1d10] Dodge!

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.653422

>>653419
Noticing the wolf trying to bite Violate, he attempts to dive in front of it and slam Justice Fist down onto it's skull. "No! Bad doggie!" He yells as he swings at it.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.653423

Giving a shake as she reforms, she gives a sigh.
"Aww, I lost my stuff," Minty laments a bit, but is quickly over it.

While contemplating just going back to town and hiding out, she sighs makes her back back into the lair.
"Can't get in through the pipes. I do NOT want to deal with that stuff again."

>heading back to the dragon/kobold lair via mountain door

 No.653424

>>653419

Seeing Bang jump in to help Violet, Bonnie comes down in a sweeping strike to get some assistance for Flicker, who's found herself in a similar situation.

>Normal attack, poisoned


[1d10+2]

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3

 No.653425

>>653420
Your shot misses, as the wolf jumps onto you, knocking you onto the ground as your shoulder is bitten into viciously.
>take 5 hits, helpless, put H/W in name
>>653421
You stumble backwards, indeed, as the wolf gets on top of you and bites into one of your legs. You feel a warm sensation running up towards your shoulder.
>take 6 hits, helpless
>>653422
You swing the hammer down, knocking into its head hard enough to make it fly off of Violet. You feel and hear a pleased humming sound from the hammer.
>>653424
You swing too low, ending up crashing into the floor and rolling along the flagstones into a wall.
>take 5 hits

>>653423
You enter the mountainside door and come into the loading bay where you all first came in, and now must remember or guess your way back to where the party was.

 No.653426

>>653425
Bang turns to help Violet back up, "You alright, Violet?" He asks with a concerned look on his face.

>Help recovery

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.653427

>>653425
She gets up and shoves off the wolf.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.653428

>>653425
Violet's eyes go wide as saucers as she's thrown to the ground, bleeding profusely from her shoulder, her hoodie's upper arm stained with a growing blood stain, screaming in agony.

>>653426
Violet lays bleeding on the ground, holding her shoulder in pain screaming in ache as Bang moves to help her up

[1d10] Get up, leaning on Bang

"Aaah-aaah, it hurts!"

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.653429

>>653425

"Ooouch…"

Flustered that she's been so hasty in that improper dive, Bonnie massages her head, before recollecting the situation. Oh, she so had to make up for that failure of hers… thought she, charging at the wolf once more.

>Normal attack, posioned


[1d10+2]

>>653428

"Hang in there, Violet, we'll get to you in a sec!" - the pegasus filly yells in a concerned voice.

>Koan, instant


[1d10]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.653430

>>653425
Scratching her gooey head, Minty does not think too long on which way to get back to the group.
"Eh. I'm sure they'll find me. Or I find them. Whichever," she says with a passive shrug, making her way to the Great Hall.

 No.653431

>>653426
>>653428
The wolf charges back towards Bang, pouncing onto him and biting his neck, causing him to fall onto Violet as she tries to get up.
>Violet takes 1 Wound
>>653427
As you try to shove the wolf off, it bites at you again, hungry for horse meat.
[1d10+1]
>>653429
Your attack knocks the wolf right off of Bang. It starts to shudder, the poison working quickly as it falls to the floor, panting heavily, tongue hanging out of its mouth.

>>653430
You go through the conveyor belt that leads to the kitchen, since that would logically be close to the eating room, right?
The kitchen is large, but empty, with big fire pits for roasting meat over, with a surprising lack of knives.

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.653432

>>653431
She shoots it again. [1d10+2] Stun

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.653433

>>653431
Bang gets up quickly and stamps his hoof on the ground a bit. "These doggies keep hurting everyone! Stop it!" He charges at the other wolf that is trying to bite at flicker, swinging at it angrily.

>Disgruntled

>Normal Attack
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.653434

>>653431
"Hey alright! Food!" Minty says happily, and quickly goes about the place, looking through anything and everything.
"Hmm…there's gotta be something good here. Or something cool."

>looking around the kitchen for food, kitchen equipment, and/or anything else that might be useful/be a mac guffin

>Supreme Survivor

 No.653435

>>653431
>edit post
Bonnie knocks the wolf off of Flicker. It gets back on its feet, but looks shaky and sick.

 No.653436

>>653435
>also disregard the wound Violet took from Bang's 1 to aid her recovery

 No.653437

>>653431
Violet continues holding her shoulder, trying to crawl to her feet.

[1d10] Get up damn you

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.653438

>>653431

Having taken care of one wolf, Bonnie takes a dee breath and foregoing cleaning her hooves that she wished for now, she crashes upon the other wolf in a flurry of blows.

>The usual


[1d10+2]

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.653439

>>653432
Your shot hits the wolf. It looks even worse, trembling as it gets ready to pounce, then jumps onto you, going for the jugular-
>>653438
Your punch injects the wolf with a poisonous shot right in the ribs. It gets knocked to the ground, whining and thrashing around in pain before dying, frothing green at the mouth.
>>653433
Your swing misses as the wolf pounces just before your hit almost connects. You fall forward, and your nose hits the back of the hammer.
>take 3 hits
The wolf that had pounced onto you earlier turns around, jumping at you to bite one of your back legs.
[1d10+1]Biting Attack
>>653437
You're able to get back to your feet, but your front right leg is stained reddish with blood.

>>653434
There's not really anything there that would be inherently useful outside of the kitchen. Based on what you find hanging from the ceiling in the meat locker, their primary diet consists of roast pigs and cows.

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.653440

>>653439
Bang grunts loudly when he pounces at him, his nose now bleeding from smacking into the back of his hammer. He blocks the bite with the handle of his warhammer, "Get off!" He says, bringing both legs up to buck the wolf off of him.

>Kicking wolf off hard

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.653441

>>653439
She shoots that one as well. [1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.653442

>>653439
Violet stands still on wobbley legs, holding her bleeding shoulder, her hoodie's entire upper arm a dark color.

"Oooow." she moans as the others finish off the wolves.

 No.653443

>>653439
>>653441

Bonnie attempt to outmaneouvre the wolf, kicking it just so it creates a set-up for Bang to land the banging smash… as well as for Flicker to have a more steady target to shoot at?

>Normal attack, poisoned <let Bang have the glory tho>


[1d10+2]

>Koan. instant


[1d10]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.653444

Minty looks at the meat locker with a slight shudder, glad she's not made of meat like these guys were. However, she still takes a very big piece of meat down.
"Let's hope these guys are in the mood for meat and not dessert," she mumbles to herself, taking a second one down in case one wasn't enough. Though, rather than elegantly puling the meat from the hook, she instead opts for pulling as hard as she can and pull meat, hook, and chain out of the ceiling.

>grabbing two whatevers of meat, I want to assume giant, swing-able legs or rack of ribs or something

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.653445

>>653440
>>653443
>>653441
>>653442
With teamwork, the party finishes off the other dire wolf! Hopefully that's the last one.
The party(sans Minty) stands in the Great Hall, where two large doors are at the opposite end of the hallway with the flights of stairs that they came down from, and could continue going down to the same level with the loading bay, armory, and security office.

>>653444
You yank two femurs off of a cow carcass, both of them feeling as hard and heavy as stone clubs.

 No.653446

>>653445
With little else, Minty heads out of the kitchen with her giant femurs.
"Hmm…it can't hurt…right?"
Curiosity getting the better of her, Minty tears a piece of meat off to try it. The femurs rest on her back, secured without straps by magical anime magnets…I mean, goo! Secured in place with goo!

 No.653447

>>653445
>>653442
"I-I'm sorry about hurting you back there… Are you alright?"

 No.653448

>>653445
>>653442
>>653447

"You alright there? I think it's gonna be hard sneaking a bomb in those guys' barracks… think we should wait for them to get asleep?"

 No.653449

>soft pause, RP to your content

 No.653450

>>653447
>>653448
"I'm…I'm not sure. It hurts-"

>"Take off your shirt, lets take a look at it."


Violet, eyes teared slightly, pulls off her hoodie and the white t-shirt underneath it, revealing the bite mark, which by this point has stopped bleeding. The hoodie and shirt however have a large blotch of blood on it.

>"You should be fine. But we should get that healed when we get back to town."

 No.653451

>>653450
Bang looks at his scarf for a moment before taking it off, gently placing it around Violet's leg to give her a makeshift bandage. "Here, this should help."

 No.653452

>>653446
Shrugging at the meat, she quickly swallows it, not finding much of a taste to it due to goo reasons.

Entering the Great Hall, she sees everyone else there.
"Holy crud! I thought you guys left me!" She practically sobs, quickly running back to the rest of the party.

 No.653453

>>653451
Violet holds still as he ties the scarf firm around her shoulder and upper arm.

"Thanks. What happened with the dragons? Didn't they chase you?"
>>653452
Violet looks over at Minty as she approaches, holding her bloody shirt and hoodie, Bang's scarf wrapped under and around her arm as a bandage.

"Minty? Are you okay?" she says adjusting her glasses.

 No.653454

>>653453
"Guess they weren't buying it… I thought I put up a pretty good act."

 No.653455

>>653453
"Well let's see…I was trapped in a bathroom by myself, flooded the bathroom before flushing myself down the toilet, lost some of that stuff I took from the dragons as I got sucked down, got knocked around by pipes and junk, and got dropped out in the lake," Minty says, growing more annoyed as the recalling of her tale goes on.

She relaxes with a sigh.
"But hey, I found a kitchen! All they had was meat, though. Kinda meh tasting, but if these guys love it, then maybe we can avoid being dragon chow or something," she says, holding up one of the cow femurs, giving it a small swing around.
"Heh. It's like a heavy bat or something. Just redder and squishier and junk."

 No.653456

>>653454
"What do you mean, an act? Did you trick them somehow?"
>>653455
Violet stares at Minty and her ridiculous tale, blinking.

>"Can I just take a moment to say that you are amazing?"


Minty hears in her head as Alaster looks up at her.

 No.653457

>>653456
"They thought we were just a harmless group and just let us go."

 No.653458

>>653456
"Thanks Al," Minty says, grinning down at Alaster.

She then looks worried.
"But what happened to you guys?"
She points at Violet's bleeding wound.
"Pretty sure she didn't have that before I got flushed."

 No.653459

>>653457
"A harmless group?"
>>653458
>Its stopped bleeding by this point

"I got bit by a wolf." Violet says pointing to the dead dire wolves.

 No.653460

>>653459
It's Minty's turn to blink, looking between the wolves and Violet.
"Wolves?! I thought this was a cave of dragons and kobolds! That stupid old Grand lich or whatever didn't say anything about wolves! I knew he's been trying to kill us on purpose!"

 No.653461

>>653459
"Y'know… a group that won't hurt them and they let them go free?"

 No.653462

>>653460
>"I wouldn't go that far. Its probably just coincidence there's dire wolves, big kobolds, and whatever that psionic kobold was."
>>653461
"That's weird. I thought for sure they'd chase us."

 No.653463

>>653462
"Yeah, sure, right, uh-huh" Minty says in rapid succession.
"Whatever now, since we're already this far in."

"You gonna be alright with that, Violet?" Minty asks, pointing the meat-covered femur at her wound.
"I'm no expert, but that looks pretty gnarly."



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]