[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1435872883542.jpg (40.07 KB, 620x248, FrozenState-620x248.jpg)

 No.633634

I don't know what led you to the city of Snowfall, but whatever did is probably interested in your death. The city has been blanketed by strong snow and winds, damaging numerous buildings, such as the small inn you were staying at. Now you face the problem of finding food and shelter during a whiteout.

How do you feel?

 No.633654

>>633634
I feel cold, and betrayed. How could the clues have led me here?
'1d10' search for lights, lights are signs of civilization.

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.633655

>>633654
Even in this white storm, you can still see some glowing coming from a large building nearby. A few rooms are lit, so hopefully that means they are inhabited.

You also start hearing some moaning nearby, from several directions.

 No.633656

>>633655
Time to fly there.
Does this weather call for a roll?

 No.633657

>>633656
It's a Novice difficulty, it's just white at the moment, but no strong winds to push you around.

But you'd better get a move on, the groaning is getting closer.

 No.633658

>>633657
'1d10' rollin to fly fast.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.633659

>>633658
Just as you start making some headway, you're tackled by a massive object.

"So cold," says the Buffalo who hit you. "So very cold."

 No.633660

>>633659
"uh, excuse me." a buffalo is cold? Sweet moon this is getting bad. Try again to hurry.
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.633661

>>633660
You manage to put some distance between you, but a Goat blindsides you.

"Give me heat…" She bleets out. "Give me your warmth…"

 No.633662

>>633661
"What is going on in this place!" I shout into the wind and push her away moving forward again. '1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.633663

>>633662
You shove her aside, barely feeling any effort in her to actually get to you.

One of the lights you were following starts moving. Looks like someone is trying to signal people.

 No.633664

>>633663
This better not be a trap.. "HEY! ARE YOU OKAY UP THERE?!"
'1d10' make my way toward the light.

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.633665

>>633664
He quickly jumps out of the way in suprise.
"Oy! Don't sneak up on me!" He yells, the whiteout conditions having made it hard for the Unicorn pony to have seen you coming. "But besides the scare, you seem fine. Let's head inside before we both freeze." He gets his key out and tries to open the door, to no success.

"Gosh darn it Altai, open up, we're freezing out here! ANd we've got a newcomer!"

 No.633666

>>633665
"Something wrong with the door?" '1d10' inspect the door, maybe its frozen shut?

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.633667

>>633666
Completely. The lock is full of snow, and whatever mechanisms inside are also frozen shut.

The Door gets banged several times, and a Brown Earthy opens up the Door.

"Get in quick, we can't have the warmth get out this way!"

 No.633668

>>633667
Rush inside the door without thinking.

 No.633669

>>633668
"Ha, told you someone would still see it in these conditions Altai! And you said I was being crazy." The Unicorn giggles to himself.

"Baise, you could have gotten yourself hurt! If I wasn't here… And we haven't introduced ourselves!" She turns to you. "I'm Altai, and this old horse is Baise. Since you haven't gone crazy on us, I'm sure you can tell us your name while we bring you to the others."

 No.633670

>>633669
"Leaping Winds Sir. This weather isn't all that bad really, a few dozen pegasi could clear it up.."

 No.633671

>>633670
"Good luck getting that many all this way here. The storm that came in is also going to put up a fight."

They lead you from room down a flight of stairs, where a group is huddled for warmth. A Pegasus filly is wrapped up with a Donkey lady, a Zebra walking around and looking outside through the garbage blocking the windows and doors, and a Diamond Dog tearing apart some furniture and throwing it into a fire.

"You didn't happen to have anyone with you?" They ask with concern.

 No.633672

>>633671
I shake my head in reply and look concerned at the situation.
"But I was looking for someone.. A stallion with skin the color of glass and a big ego."

 No.633673

>>633672
"A Crystal pony, right? You're headed the right way, there's a couple of them in town. At least I hope they are. Most don't dare venture around during this weather." Baise says.

"Oh, a newcomer? Figures they'd have to be able to fly." The Diamond Dog speaks up. "You wouldn't have brought some food with ya'?" He asks.

 No.633674

>>633673
"Ah, well hopefully the fool hardy pony is alright."
I shrug at the dog's question. "Used up the last of my supplies on the way up here, the way was slower than I planned."

 No.633675

>>633674
"Well, I hope it was a good meal. It might have been your last." The Dog turns around, his left leg in a maskeshift cast. You can hear the filly sniffle a bit after your comments.

BANG!

 No.633676

>>633675
I shutter and take to the air to get away from the sudden sound.

 No.633677

>>633676
"stay down." The old couple whispers. "don't move and they'll leave."

You can see the others hit the deck, the Zebra grabbing a big piece of wood.

Several moments go bye, when a pair of claws scratch at the barricaded windows. You can hear steps leading away shortly.

"I know it may be too much to ask, but right now might be the best time to gather supplies. I'm sorry to ask so soon after you got out of the storm, but you might be the only one who can."

 No.633678

>>633677
I blink in surprise. "I can, I gather things for a living in a sense but.. first tell me what's wrong with those wandering in the storm."

 No.633679

>>633678
"That's the thing, we don't know. The additional problem is they all say the same thing and get up after being covered in snow." Blaise says. "Believe me, I've lived here all my life and I know how much cold a pony can handle. Those, things, get up way after they should have been frozen solid."

 No.633680

>>633679
"hmm.. okay then. got a compass or map so I can navigate to your contacts?"

 No.633681

>>633680
"I can make you one. I know where all the shops are. Most of them should be empty, a lot of people leave town during the winter. But if you find anyone, bring them here."

He quickly sketches out a map, crude, but easy enough to understand. There was a marketplace only three blocks away, but the people on the streets and the weather conditions make it hard for this group to go out there.

"There should be some non-perishable goods. Bad taste, but anything is better than nothing. Even water cans will do. Oh, and should you need it, there's a ladder on the front, to the second story. If you have to, just climb up into the little window."

 No.633682

>>633681
I take the map and study it for a bit before putting it away.
"Alright.. I'll have you fixed up in no time." I start going off into the white snow..

 No.634275

>>633682
They open the door, some snow and wind rushing in. You can better see the houses right now, but it's still whiteout conditions. You can see a few houses with lights coming out of them, but there seems to be some shuffling in the alley ways.

 No.634277

>>634275
Time to soar toward the downtown area.
'1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.634278

>>634277
The Wind and Snow are picking up, grounding you for the foreseeable future. Looks like this storm won't let up until the town is buried.

Two heads pop out of an alley way, looks like a pair of Earthies are headed your way if you don't move fast enough!

 No.634279

>>634278
'1d10' As if some earthbound ponies will be faster than me. I'll just keep moving.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.634280

>>634279
In these conditions, they are! You're able to move forwards quite a bit, but their bigger bodies make it easy to just power through.

Worst of all, it isn't two Earth Ponies, but one with two heads! Anything less than a 6 next roll means they are right on top of you!

 No.634281

>>634280
"What they hell are you?!"
'1d10' okay, mild panic as I try to get away.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.634282

>>634281
The adrenaline is what you needed, you've managed to put some distance between then two of you. But not once did the two-headed Earthie break its pace. Not even the weather slowed it down.

You're now just a block away from the market. Peering into what windows remain, you can see them barricaded by whoever is left in there. Chairs, desks, and other furniture would block entry.

You feel some massive hoofsteps coming from somewhere.

 No.634284

>>634282
This is just a simple retrieval mission.. If someone barricaded themselves in then they are still inside, so I've got to try and get in. Knock on a window.

 No.634286

>>634284
A piece of paper is slowly moved into view.

"LADDER ->
ROOF ACCESS"

It's shaken left to right a few times.

 No.634287

>>634286
I nod and start looking around for the ladder.
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.634288

>>634287
This one is easy enough to find. It's built into the place.

You can hear a strange noise coming from the roof, though. Climb up to see more?

 No.634290

>>634288
It might just be the pony.
Lets go up and see.

 No.634291

>>634290
The Pegasus on the roof seems on the scrawny side, but the rake in her chest adds a few pounds and constantly pawing at the door has actually removed part of her hoof.

However, the yellow-white Pegasi reminds silent, without a drop of blood coming out as the rake moves up and down with her pawing motions.

 No.634293

>>634291
"…" Well. She's already dead.
'4d10' double dual attack on her.

Roll #1 3, 3, 7, 5 = 18

 No.634295

>>634293
She loses her wings and back half, but not a drop of blood or a scream occurs. Her body pivots onto the ground.

She moves her neck towards you and utters: "You're warm." She uses her front hooves to drag herself towards you, bit by bit.

 No.634297

>>634295
I shutter at her. "You need to sleep.."
'1d10' return to earth

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.634301

>>634297
She smiles a bit before dissolving into snow. Whatever was left was quickly claimed by the wind.

But it's not time to relax! You can hear several flapping wings approaching! The door the Pegasus was pawing at has an obvious handle, so you'd better rush in and close the door behind you!

 No.634302

>>634301
I hope this one isn't closed shut..
'1d10' open the door.

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.634304

>>634302
It's in surprisingly good condition. No noise whatsoever, even when being closed.

Now, it's time to deal with the Shiban Dog breathing heavily and pointing a knife on a stick at you.

 No.634305

>>634304
"..You don't look dead.. I'm here to get supplies and survivors, want to come?"

 No.634307

>>634305
He breathes a sigh of relief.

"Oh sweet Luna, you're alive. I was about to crack if that horse had kept at the door. Now, what's this deal about going with you, exactly?"

The spear continues to be pointed at you.

 No.634309

>>634307
"Uh deal? I dunno, its just a bunch of ponies and goats and such staying a live together. They sent me out here to find supplies and anyone alive."

 No.634311

>>634307
"You'll have to cross the street, but you can already tell that might not be so wise. But lucky for you, I have a tunnel! And if you were already going to get the food there, that means I can send you!"

 No.634313

>>634311
"..Hmm I guess that's a fair trade, since its your tunnel and all. Anything specific you need?"

 No.634314

>>634313
"Just come back with some food. Any food! I've been gnawing on bits and pieces I found."

He starts walking down, towards his living room. There's a huge dirt mound there.

"This is my main entrance I've tried to use to get in, but every time I managed to grab a pawful, my fur got all tingly and I've bailed out and collapsed my tunnels. I was about to chance it again, but you seem in better condition. It'll be a tight squeeze, but are you ready?"

 No.634315

>>634314
I poke my head down at the tunnel testing the edges.
"Don't have much choice do I?"

 No.634317

>>634315
He heads in first to make it big enough for you, but it's still going to be a tight squeeze. At least it'll be warm.

The Shiban re-iterates the location of the foodstuff with a bit more detail. Lift a floor grate, go straight down two stalls, and then right. You'll see the preserved stuff.

"I wish you the best. Please come back safely, but I'll drop the tunnel after you come back."

 No.634318

>>634317
"Its just a little cold. Nothing to worry about."
I'll keep crawling along until I find the floor grate.

 No.634320

>>634318
It's easy enough to find, since you are in a tunnel and that's the only other exit. It's easy enough to lift, and you can see the stall you were told about if you angle your head just right.

 No.634323

>>634320
This is all too easy. Maybe the undead things aren't around.. go right of the stalls.

 No.634324

>>634323
You can smell the preservatives.

And your fur is starting to stand on end.

 No.634326

>>634324
Stupid nerves.. Still I'll take a look around just to be safe '1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.634328

>>634326
You see a strange, slimy limb thing, from your vantage point. And you hear some gurgling noises.

 No.634329

>>634328
"What the.."
can I avoid the slime?

 No.634330

>>634329
It's in the corner of the room, but it's in the room you have to get into. If you want the food, you're going to have to deal with whatever that limb is attached to.

 No.634333

>>634330
I sigh and move in there to get a better look at the thing.

 No.634334

>>634333
A Unicorn awaits for you. But while most of the body from the horn back is fine, the rest of the face is elongated, about 10 times the length.

"Nice and Warm." It says, as it's horn starts glowing and cackling electricity.

 No.634336

>>634334
I cringe and try using return to earth '1d10'.
"You're definitely not normal."

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.634337

>>634336
It's body begins spasming, the mouth at the end of its weird face thing begins inhaling, but you can tell it wants to scream

 No.634341

>>634337
"Stay still.. It will hurt less."
'1d10+2' earthen strike.

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.634342

>>634341
You hit its face protrusion, and you can feel movement coming from within its elongated skull head.

It jumps away and starts shaking its head in a whip like motion.

 No.634343

>>634342
I cringe and spend this turn drawing my weapons and observing the odd creature.
"What even happened in this place.."

 No.634344

>>634343
It doesn't answer, except by rearing up and attempting to slam you with it's face!

 No.634345

>>634344
"Guess you can't tell us.."
'2d10' dual attack on it, maybe the sparks will help.

Roll #1 9, 1 = 10

 No.634346

>>634345
It manages to deflect your attack with its face, but it still got shocked! It's barely able to move!

 No.634347

>>634346
'2d10' In that case, now is not the time to stop. Keep attacking it.

Roll #1 2, 1 = 3

 No.634348

>>634347
Your weapon is acting up! Get it under control before the creature regains control of itself!

 No.634349

>>634348
'2d10' I tap the sides and try just once more, otherwise its back to using my hooves.. against that creature.

Roll #1 8, 5 = 13

 No.634350

It thought it could get close, but your last attack cut deep. Unable to support itself, it simply dissolves into snow. The food is now yours to claim.

But I'd be quick. The loud hoofsteps from earlier is coming back.

 No.634351

>>634350
I get as much food as I can reasonably grab and still be able to fly after.

 No.634352

>>634351
Having a spare set of limbs will make it easy to move around. Just watch yourself in those tunnels.

PAUSE



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]