[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment

File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1428716298644.jpg (613.67 KB, 1600x1000, war-of-the-worlds-by-rober….jpg)

 No.622736[Last 50 Posts]

The world was shaken to the core at the arrival of invasion forces from beyond the stars, the Ponies of Equestria completely unprepared for what they will soon face.

We return to the Party standing at the edge of the newly formed crater, the remains of the strange Disc seeming to disappear into thin air.
Post Sheets!

 No.622737


 No.622738


 No.622739

File: 1428716906857.jpg (30.33 KB, 512x512, Not a robot, I'm a unicorn.jpg)


 No.622740


 No.622746

>>622740
>>622739
>>622737

Noveling.

>>622738
Oi, get a name on, make it easier for me.

 No.622750

>>622740
>>622739
>>622738

The three of you stand on the lip of the second crater, formed by the Disc's explosion. Asimov lies buried up to his arms in dirt, intact but offline. South of where you stand, about a hundred meters, lies the outer walls of Canterlot, marred by slowly melting brickwork and scorch marks.

Towering above the city are two massive machines, each holding itself upright by three spindly legs jutting out of the bottom layer. lasers arc from the center of the Tripods, the ends out of sight but the fires left behind all too obvious.

>>622737
You've currently taken position within an empty shop along central avenue, display stands knocked over in the panic of fleeing the city, register uprooted and overturned, money missing.

The windows facing the street show no sign of movement, the only sounds filtering into the building being the crackling of fires along the road and distant gunfire.

 No.622756

>>622750
She stares up at the machines before looking her twin in the eyes, knowing she's thinking the exact same thing: Dad.

 No.622760

>>622750
Mikhail panics at the sight of Asimov.
"H-hold on buddy, I'm coming!"
He largely ignores the battle going on at Canterlot, and rushes down to Asimov's partially buried body to start digging the buried mech out of its prison
[1d10]

Meanwhile, Asimov starts its emergency rebooting sequence.
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.622761

>>622750
>>622756
"Terra… I know I said never leave post… But I think this is one time I'll have to make an exception. Come on!"

To avoid contact with the enemy, Blade uses her stealth unit and takes off into the air. She then speeds off to the Trader's district where our home is.

>Stealth Device

>Bounce

 No.622762

>>622761
She nods and sprints off in the same direction as fast as her mechanical legs will carry her.

 No.622764

>>622750

To think that one came here on holiday. Good ol' Equestria in state of terror… as if conflicts weren' t enough of a thing back in the Griffins' land, now chaos spread here… so close to the Capitol too.

It didn' t foretell any good.

Heavy ho~, lifting one' s body carefully, the hippogriff cautiously stepped up to the window, taking a peek outside, leaving as little of him to be een as possible.

Just what was going on there?

 No.622765

>>622762
[1d10] I is ninja pwease?

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.622768

>>622760
Clearing the Dirt around Asimov proves to be slow work, but with ease only talons can bring, you've removed the majority of soil trapping him.

Asimov's Emergency subsystems may have been damaged, you notice the smashed electronics and dented armor of the cockpit show sparks as it tries to restart.

>>622761
With a flicker, your stealth field activates, an icon along your HUD feeding you the all clear. Flying under one of the tripods, you see a handful of Pegasi engage the monstrosity above you, gunfire pinging harmlessly off it's Mirror-like hull.

>>622764
Staying out of sight, you look through the storefront window.

an overturned transport blazes further down the avenue, the firelight illuminating hunched figures just out of view. you can better hear gunfire on the opposite end of the avenue, off in the distance. standard rifles and the high pitched whine of what could be enemy weapons exchanging volleys.

>>622765
As you turn around the corner to use the main gate, a volley of laserfire lances by! the tail end of a battle further north, but still just as deadly!

[1d10] Stray Shot

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.622769

>>622768

All but one of the random spray miss, the laser burning a hole in your thicker shoulder plating but otherwise leaving you intact.
>1 Hit

 No.622771

>>622768
Mikhail climbs his way inside of the cockpit to retrieve his repair kit, consisting of his wrench, and the stick. He hastily gets to work on Asimov, attempting to repair the damages areas by banging on it with his wrench and plastering scrap metal to it.
"Sorry Asimov…I shouldn't have left you like that."
[1d10]

As Mikhail works to fix Asimov up, it keeps on trying to reboot, despite all the damaged hardware inside of itself.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.622772

>>622768
Blade switches on her built-in radio system to contact Terra. "Terra! You okay?! I-I gotta keep going, who knows what might happen to dad if we stop now!" For once, Blade no longer spoke in her cold tone, but rather speaking with panic in a voice more akin to how she used to speak. Even though her sister was hit, she continues to search for her house, or possibly search for their father.

>Searching for house/father

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.622776

>>622768

"Tch… they better be paying me for that." - the hippogriff hissed and whispered to himself, his annoyace losing a fight against sort of patriotic feelings. This was remotely his home, even if visited once in a while.

Whatever' s it been, he needed more info on the matter to process in order to decide on a precise course of action.

Even if you do little than charge at the enemy head-on during your job, you still need someone to charge at, right?

Caliver, having taken both the visage before him and the noise from afar into consideration, decides to begin tactical advance.

If there is enough cover on the street due to those disply stands knocked over and stuff to have a decent chance of sneaking in the general direction of the noise (due to not knowing where are the allies and where are the targets), he does so.

If not, he sprints from one cover to the next.

Rolling for whatever it might be.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.622778

>>622768
>>622769
>>622772
"I'M FINE, JUST KEEP LOOKING FOR DAD!" she yells back over the coms to her sis, ignoring the fact that she was hit to keep running and looking for their father.

[1d10] Finding their dad, not a unicorn corpse.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.622780

File: 1428721977908.png (454.03 KB, 2000x1500, Greylium.png)

>>622771

Clubbing the consoles and walling with your trusty wrench yield no miraculous recovery, only some fresh scratches on the metal.

Your flailing, however, pushed the cut backup power wires together for an instant, triggering the Auto restart!

Asimov shudders back to life under you, the engine back in motion
>Asimov at 7/3

>>622772
You arrive at your father's simple home to find it empty. this sector of the city is currently free of Invaders, but it appears the ponies living around here have all fled to the inner city's walls.

Chairs are overturned and papers largely missing, it seems your father left in a hurry.

>>622776
You sprint towards the sound of gunfire, taking cover behind a building at the end of the avenue.

You see bright streaks of laserfire from the eastern most building in the plaza, small grey creatures scurrying from window to window, opening fire with their silvery weapons when the Gunfire dies down.

along the western side of the plaza, you can see two soldiers hunkered down behind chunks of masonry, One dressed as an officer, stately dress uniform ragged from the stress of battle. you think you can hear here shouting something, before a hail of bullets erupts from near her, a Heavily armored Stallion emptying a chaingun in the direction of the creatures.

 No.622781

>>622778

Arriving shortly after your sister, you see the hurried packing of papers left the living room a mess. chairs are overturned and a salad is half eaten on the table.

 No.622782

>>622780
Mikhail sighs with relief as Asimov reboots, and climbs up to the cockpit to resume direct control.
"Oh gosh Asimov, thank heck you're alive."
>"Jerk."
"I said I'm sorry."
He grabs the controls and turns to Canterlot.
"Damn…looks like we got a job. Team? Status?"
He starts walking to the battlefield.

 No.622783

>>622780
>>622781
Not finding their father, she looks at her. "No time to go to the inner walls and look for him, we'll have to just take out those giant tripod squid things and hope for the best."

 No.622786

>>622780

It seemed like a standoff. At least for now… there was no use in joining the building' s defenders… at least not directly.

There was no use for him there. However, the other side of the plaza was a different pair of horseshoes.

The hippogriff decided to utilize the situation to its fullest. The enemies did not look as though they have noticed his presence yet.

Therefore, he decided to hunker down and try to find a way around the plaza, up to some side/back entrances to the eastmost building. He hoped to find such, at least.

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.622789

>>622780
>>622783
Blade nods a bit, feeling saddened that her father might have been harmed. But she knows what she has to do. She takes off once more into the air to search for the nearest tripod creature.

 No.622790

>>622789
She runs out with the same intent.

 No.622793

>>622782

You begin the short trek to the main gate, the cockpit shaking slightly from Asimov's heavy steps.

The Radio brings with it largely silence, Command channels eerily silent. Scanning through frequencies, you pick up the signal of a stressed sounding mare on the other end:

"…i repeat, this is Private Screwfly, of the one sixty fifth infantry division! we're pinned down at Celestial Plaza, requesting immediate assistance!"

>>622786
Through small alleyways and some backdoor access routes, you make your way to the eastern building's service exit. you can hear the muffled sounds of laser fire beyond the doorway, as well as the occasional thunk of a bullet hitting wooden paneling.

>>622789
>>622790

Falling back towards the main gate, you find the tripods holding position just inside the city's walls, their cannons leaving scores of earth burned and blackened. the occasional bullet pings off their hull, only to be met with concentrated fire at the gunner's location.

 No.622796

>>622793
Upon hearing the distress signal, Mikhail leans to his mike.
"Hello there Private Screwfly, this is Mikhail of the former Recovery Team, I'm en route to your position. Hang tight."
He starts heading to the Celestial Plaza asap, looking to the map plastered beside him for directions.
"Can I get a quick head count? Can you even hear me?"

 No.622797

>>622793

This was it. Beyond that door, just a few metres away, what could have been doom of him and this whole city, awaited.

At such a jubilee one just couldn' t come unprepared. Caliver drew his axes and a whetstone, making a momentary check-up and smoothening. Just checking if he' s done the job right beforehand, really..

Sharpen

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.622798

>>622793
She waists no time in wrapping her telekinesis around one of the things' legs to try making it lose ballance and topple.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.622800

Blade lets her blade unsheathe from her arm. She flies swiftly at the first tripod and attempts to find a weak point where she can shove her blade inside.

>Search for weak point

[1d10]
>Cheap Shot: Automatic outside combat and renders target helpless.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.622803

>>622796
Silence greets you for a moment, until the radio crackles back into focus:

"Oh thank celestia, someone else is alive!"

you can hear the whine of laser weapons in the background as she frantically relays information to you.

"We're trapped along Celestial Plaza, in the eastern-most building. these…freaks have us pinned down, whatever they're shooting keeps melting our cover!"

"It's just the three of us now, Myself, Field officer Gold Lights, and Private Bitter Stream. we're running short of escape routes and they've taken the eastern side of the plaza!"

>>622797

Hiding in the shadow of the building, you take a moment to examine your Axe.

it appears to be more than usable, if a little dull. you can see that the enchantments are holding strong, more than making up for the dulled edge.

>>622798

You take the leg of the machine within your grip, mentally pulling with all you can muster. Sadly the Tripod's weight makes shifting it's balance difficult.

>>622800

With a flash of insight, you can see it: an exposed point along it's turning axis, perfect for a blade to slot through!

Charging forward, you jam your blade into the joint, throwing the tripod off balance from the additional upper weight, bringing the machine tumbling down to the street!

The secondary tripod wastes no time, locking onto your frame in mere moments, before releasing a large beam of energy in your direction!

[1d10+2] Laser blast

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.622804

>>622803

The blast of red hot energy strikes your back, charring plating and leaving metal with a red hot glow!
>3 hits

 No.622808

>>622803
Seeing her sister knock down the first bot she tries to knock the second one to the ground, trying to muster a bit more force this time.
[1d10] TK Topple

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.622810

>>622803

Cavalier scrunched his face. Good was often not enough to survive. Still, he put trust in his art… and there was no time to properly take care of the sharpening process now. Enemies awaited.

Thus, having focused mentally, he tightens the grip on the axes, barges in through the door and with a fierce battlecry he charges at the first spotted foe:

"YOLO!"


Dual Wield, Ice and Lightning damage

>Talent, EPW, Masterwork Weapon, Great Weapon Tag

>Critical on total of 9+
Lightning: target becomes helpless for one turn on a critical hit.


[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 8 + 4 = 12 / Roll #2 6 + 4 = 10

 No.622811

>>622803
Blade cringes at the hit she just took, but didn't waste anymore time than she had to. She flies down to the toppled robot and aims for the exposed weak point once more, this time her blade ready to cut it off once and for all.

>Backstab: Kills helpless targets

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.622815

>>622808

You Focus on the second Tripod's closest leg, Digital magic enveloping the lower section of the limb. You manage to make the limb budge from it's original position, but it quickly adjusts it's footing to compensate.

>>622810
You violently kick the door open, startling the creature nearest to the exit. It may not have a visible mouth, but it can certainly scream as you send it's head flying through the open window, the body soon following on the back swing.

You think you can hear a pause from the Western side of the plaza, before the gunfire returns with greater fury.

>>622811

Wasting no time to see your wounds, you quickly race for the opening once again, intent on plunging your blade through.

the tripod's central camera swivels to your position, tracking you as you move. As you're about to strike, you find the joint recoated in that same silvery metal composing the body, causing your blade to bounce off!

The downed Tripod readjusts it's legs, folding the limbs at odd angles to try and stand upright
[1d10] Recovery

The secondary Tripod, swivels it's camera to target Terra, Main laser battery Charged!
[1d10+2] Laser blast

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 7 + 2 = 9

 No.622816

>>622815

The tripod forces itself upright, a multitude of cameras focusing on the buildings around it, scanning for additional threats.
>recovered

The secondary tripod releases a scouring beam of light, searing Terra's shoulder and chest plates!
>4 hits

 No.622818

>>622816
Seeing the thing charge its battery, she tries to stop it from blasting her.
[1d10] nullify

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.622819

>>622815

Starting the body count… now.

With a grim determination, Caliver rushes through the building, attacking the next alien unlucky enough to stand in his way.

For all he could care for, a battle started. Thus, no further words, only actions, speaking for themselves.

Raising and swinging the magical blades once more…

Dual Wield, Ice, Lightning
Crit on 9+

[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 3 + 4 = 7 / Roll #2 9 + 4 = 13

 No.622820

>>622815
"Leave my sister alone!!" Blade screams out, trying to aim for a weak point to slam her blade into.

>Cheap Shot: Renders targets helpless 9+

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.622823

>>622818

Setting the counterspell, you fall just short of releasing the magic in time the laser striking true!
>4 hits

>>622819
you enter the next room through the adjoining door, surprising the second creature you've seen this battle.

Your first hit very nearly cleaves it in two, it hardly able to raise it's weapon in time. the second strike sends the creature rocketing through the wall into the next room. You can hear the 'thump' of bodies colliding, and a shrill scream!

One of the grey things enters the room from the smashed wall, firing a bolt of energy towards your position
[1d10] Blaster fire

>>622820
Wise to your previous surprise attack, the Tripod's camera tracks your movement, shortening one of it's legs to duck under your strike!

It rights itself before opening multiple slot's along it's main laser. Energy seems to flow into the cannon, the area around the weapon darkening
>[Magic]
> Dodge it!

The secondary tripod opens multiple holes within it's body, bringing out a battery of cameras. They target Terra, the area around her awash in blue light
[1d10] Analysis

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.622825

>>622823

You move your head to avoid the blaster fire, the wall behind you melting around the blast's impact area.

The tripod retracts it's cameras, continuing to observe you.
> Terra scanned

 No.622827

>>622823
Blade attempts to dodge out of her way, using her natural ability over flight to maneuver around the beam and even tries to activate her cloaking device to escape the vision of the Tripod.

>Dodge

[1d10+1]
>Stealth Device
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.622831

>>622823
>>622825
With a bit of pahkour she gets up to the same level as their main pods, looking for any weak points she might be able to strike.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.622832

>>622823
>>622825

They realized… it' s only gonna get tougher from now on… - thought the hippogriff, unsure whether putting too much of strength in the previous swing won' t be his downfall, actually.

He can' t handle the whole squad alone…

Having nearly avoided the deadly ray of energy, which was clearly headed at his crucial area, he was made aware of how serious the threat they posed. A moment of distraction and it' s all over for you…

Oh well… at least he' ll buy some time for the others to regroup if he goes down.

Despite not wishing to go near the hole in the wall, he is forced to head for the foe, which fired upon him.

Hence, raising the dull blades yet once again..

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning
Crit on 9+

[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 8 + 4 = 12 / Roll #2 7 + 4 = 11

 No.622839

>>622827

You expertly maneuver out of the cannon's way, however your flying made activating the cloaking field difficult

>>622831
Quickly scaling up a nearby building, you can see the spindly monsters you fight, though no obvious weaknesses. they appear to have a solid silver coating.

>>622832
Your onslaught continues within the building, rushing forward and carving the puny looking attacker into blue meaty chunks with one swing, while blasting the chunks against the wall along your left side with the return swing!

The previous alien, shoving it's comrade's body off itself, reaims it's blaster towards you!
[1d10] Blaster fire

Meanwhile there's a commotion from above. It seems your slaughter hasn't gone unnoticed…

The first tripod finishes it's charge, firing at Blade's previous location. the shot is strong enough to nearly topple the tripod on it's own, rendering the building Blade was over just moments ago into nothing. A barrel sized hole in the ground continues down for what seems like miles, the house once there now rubble and ashes.

The secondary tripod adjusts it's body again, opening a hole along it's armor to expose an arcing pillar!
>[magic]
>Dodge it!

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.622842

>>622839

The blaster fire connects! you feel intense heat from your left shoulder, before an intense numbness, glancing over, you see that the fur and feathers along your shoulder are gone, and a streak of angry red skin is left!
>2 Hits

 No.622843

>>622839
Blade wasn't going to pass up this chance! She tries to dodge the attack again, this time rushing for the exposed arcing pillar to strike at it.

>Dodge

[1d10+1]
>Backstab: Crits 9+
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3

 No.622847

>>622839

The hippogriff hisses upon seeing his fur&feathers detoriating under the dreaded effect of the alien weaponry. One could cherish the thought that it was still there… but it wasn' t exactly reassuring.

The numbness meant nothing good. At least, as long as you feel pain, you know you' re alive.

… and it seemed that someone re-emerged with the intent of letting him taste it…

There was unfinished business had to take care of… swiftly, if he were to have a chance for preparing against the incoming massive threat…

With a springy step, he carried the momentum into the belch of the wicked creature.

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning
Crit on 9+

[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 2 + 4 = 6 / Roll #2 6 + 4 = 10

 No.622851

>>622847

Forgot to make change in the character' s hp.

 No.622852

>>622839
Just deciding to kinda just be like "fuck it", she leaps at the one with the pillar, punching the thing as hard as she can.

[1d10] great weapon

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.622855

>>622843

You quickly soar above the pillar and make your way behind it, the charge building. swinging your blade into the pillar, the metal collides with the base but does little to damage the structure.

>>622847
closing the distance towards the new attacker, you swing violently into it's body, your axe sticking in it's side. Undeterred, you angle the axe-blade upward, slicing vertically from it's center, freeing the weapon and leaving a Gorey mess.

in the momentary pause, you realize the gunfire hasn't been heard for a while now…

Two of the aliens clatter down the stairs, hearing the screams of their allies. from their elevated position, they charge two rounds, aiming in your direction!
[1d10]
[1d10] Blaster fire

>>622852
You leap from the building, aiming your weapon at it's exposed, silvery body!

Unfortunately, you've judged the distance incorrectly, causing you to plummet to the ground below. Your armor largely absorbs the trauma, leaving you worse for wear but alive.
> 2 hits

The secondary tripod finishes charging, the pillar flooded with electricity! it launches a sphere of power at the roof, a bubble of energy expanding to a large extend before dissipating.
>EMP missed!

largely expending it's reserves from the blast, the Tripod shudders to a stop, it's camera flickering and fading.
>Helpless

The first tripod continues it's assault, charging another standard round!
[1d10+2] Laser Blast, blade

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 7 + 2 = 9

 No.622858

>>622855
The first bolt of energy scrapes along your side, scarring it's impact zone but leaving you standing, if only just.
> 2 hits

the second blast arcs wide, leaving a hole in the ceiling.

the Tripod's laser blasts you square in the chest, plating sheered cleanly off!
> 4 hits, helpless

 No.622860

>>622858
Blade screams in pain as she falls to the ground, groaning as she attempts to get back up.

>Recovery

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.622861

>>622858
"KILO!" She runs over to help her sister up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.622863

>>622855

The hippogriff fought the urge to cling the scarred area within his talons' grasp. No matter how long one lived, pain was something one could not ever truly get accustomed to. That is, considering all the new ways of delivering it that Cavalier experienced upon his very flesh..

Upon gazing at the two figures, something clicked in his mind. That was the specific moment. The ritual one, from which things usually stormed own the hill slope.

No, a pessimist he was not… a realist.
That' s what got him that far.
… that window looked really tempty, he could just jump out and…


… ugh. Can' t afford such a luxury.

Once more, onto the prey. Even it' s the last time… one has to make it count.

That' s the spirit to live by everyday…

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning
Crit on 9+

[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 5 + 4 = 9 / Roll #2 5 + 4 = 9

 No.622868

>>622860

You try and stand back up, before one of your leg servos give way from the heat stressing. With a violent twist of your back right hoof, you fall back down
> -1 wound

>>622861
You make an attempt to pull her back up, though the damaged servo makes it difficult to right herself properly.

>>622863

Still standing, you rush towards the stairs, swinging your blade twice:

The first strike knocks the left creature from the stairs, it's gun clattering away.

the second creature is smashed into the wall, looking stunned.

As you swing towards the second creature, you hear the heavy bark of a rifle further down the hall behind you

[1d10] Marksman shot, alien 1

staggered, the aliens try to get back up
[1d10] Recovery
[1d10] Recovery

The secondary tripod attempts to reboot itself, power coming back online
[1d10] Recovery

The first tripod charges another blast of energy, this time locking onto Terra!
[1d10+2] Laser Blast

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 4 = 4 / Roll #4 7 = 7 / Roll #5 8 + 2 = 10

 No.622869

>>622868

The alien to your left explodes into pieces, it's head blown to bits!

the second alien manages to stand back up, readying it's blaster

The secondary tripod shudders to life, it's camera glowing once again.

>>622861
The blast smashes into your back as you stand over your sister, blasting into your armor plating and leaving your back red hot!
> 5 hits, helpless

 No.622871

>>622868
>>622869
"A-ah!! T-Terra!!" Blade screams, attempting to get back up.

>Recovery

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.622872

>>622869
"F-fuck!" she yells as she tries to get back up, her back in significant pain from the heat.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.622878

>>622868

It took Cavalier a while to relize that the peculiar noise he' s been a witness to is not part of the distant cannonade… nor is it coming from the aliens' sides.

That was definitely reassuring.

However, having an enemy left before him, he could not allow himself the pleasure of seeing who or what came to join this fight.

Thus, the creations of his hand were set in motion once more.

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning
Crit on 9+

[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 10 + 4 = 14 / Roll #2 5 + 4 = 9

 No.622883

>>622871

Righting yourself finally, you manage to push your body upright once more!
> 7/5

>>622872

The heat proving too much for your pain sensors to disperse, you collapse onto the floor, the breath knocked out of you.

>>622878

The creature before you looks almost pitiful, if it hadn't been trying to take your world for it's own.

You finish the creature,chopping into it's neck, then severing the head with your second strike.

You hear the sound of not alien blasts, but Hoofsteps heading your way

"I don't know who the hay did this, Goldy, but i'm glad they're on our-"

seeing you standing before what was left of the creature, the olive green mare tenses up.

"Oh… Hello."

the primary tripod opens a salvo of cameras from within it's frame, scanning Blade in the same Blue glow

The secondary Tripod opens ports along it's blaster once again, this time aiming towards Blade's location
>[magic}
> Dodge it!

 No.622884

>>622883

>going from post number


The primary tripod, retracts it's cameras, completing it's scan
>analysis failure

 No.622888

>>622883
"N-No, not here!" Blade mumbles to herself, trying to fly away to direct it's aim away from the location she's on and lead it away from Terra. She then tries to slice at the weak point of the Tripod once more once she dodges.

>Bounce

>Dodge
[1d10+1]
Backstab: Crits 9+
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.622891

>>622883
Breathing hard, she trise to get up again.
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.622893

>>622883

As the bloody pieces of the enemy fall down, Cavalier allows himself a heavier breath. All of a comfort one can afford at such a moment. He perks up his ears, listening for incoming danger.

None came though. Instead, he was facing

"I' m also glad to have someone on my side." - the hippogriff states loud and firm, passing the unnecessary hello - " Let' s get to know each other IF we survive this." - with this, more sour than the last, claim, he cuts short any needless discussion… for now - "There might be more upstairs. Follow, if you wish to help. I' d appreciate it." - concuring at the last important message, he begins to ascends the stairs, ready to take on the enemy fire, if needed, aware that he may have to clear some ground for the shooters, if they are to be of any help to him.

May his blades fail him not on such a moment… he prays, raising them at any sight of enemy activity.

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning
Crit on 9+

[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

If able, two targets.

Roll #1 1 + 4 = 5 / Roll #2 7 + 4 = 11

 No.622898

>>622888

you leap out of the beam's way, safe from it's predicted blast zone. Terra however…

With a steely determination, you explode forward, blade extended, into the shell of the Tripod!

the strike sheers plating off the main body, exposing wiring and machinery. the strike also sends the main body spinning wildly, it's charged shot sent into the Secondary tripod's armored form!

It sheers through the silvery plating along it's top, each spin cutting larger chunks out of the plating until the beam runs out of power.

>primary tripod Helpless, exposed

>secondary tripod helpless, exposed

>>622891
Plating cooled, but still injured, you struggle and fail to stand back up.

>>622893
You rush upstairs, axe at hand! Kicking the door open, you find not the puny grey creatures you've been facing, but something much larger!

It's body is similar to the smaller creatures, though this one appears to be much larger. You'd hazard a guess that it's about as big as an alicorn!

It's blaster, a brassy looking device rather than simple grey, is pointed inches from your face.

Firing point blank, you're thrown back down the stairs in a heap, into the hooves of the mare from earlier, as well as two others.

"Eep! it's him!" says the Olive mare from earlier. you can't see very well but you can hear them.

"Horseapples! he took a shot straight to the face!" you hear another, gruff sounding stallion say next to you.

"Screwfly, secure the lower floor, Bitter Stream, cover the staircase. I'll stabilize him."
The third voice is cool in the face of this mess, someone in charge. given the two are mentioned, this mare must be 'Sunny'

 No.622901

>>622898
"DO NOT FUCK WITH MY SISTER!!!"

>Blast on the Primary Tripod

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.622903

>>622898
She tries once more to get the fuck up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.622907

>>622803
>>622898
Asimov's GPS and Mikhail's map-reading skills are not up to par, and the two end up wandering aimlessly around Canterlot, trying to avoid confrontations of any kind by slithering through the alleys and the rubble of the blown-out buildings
"Damn it, this is what I deserve for not fixing this damned thing!" Mikhail shouts from inside of Asimov.
>"It sure is."
"Don't agree with me!"
He peeks out the broken windows of the empty building he's occupying at the moment.

 No.622911

>>622898
>>622893

>quick post


Your wounds are cooled slightly at the use of restorative magic. Eyesight returns to you, seeing the blue eyes of what must be their Leader staring back.

"It looks like you'll be fine…" she says, betraying her fatigue slightly.

 No.622916

>>622898
>>622911

You see a gun.


You close your eyes.

You open them.

You see a mare.

Magic.


Or someone just got shot.

… or was it both?

It seemed as though the hippogriff had trouble getting the situation.

So much that he said some very indelicate words:

"You tired from healing me or You lost already that many today?"

Not even bothering with the greeting. What a jerk he was in this state..

Grunting, he tilits his head in the direction of the staircase, struggling to get back up. Checks if his axes are there..

 No.622918

>>622901

Seizing the opportunity to finish this fight, you hastily smash forward into the Tripod's body!

With no notion of caution, you charge at it's previous weak point, with the intent to smash straight through, but you find that you've struck to hard, and have collapsed into the pod!

Tangled in a mess of wires, you see the core of the Tripod, spinning slowly, a bright orange.

>>622907

You find yourself along the main avenue of the outer city, with the supposed meeting zone, Celestial Plaza, directly east of your position, further down the lane.

>>622916
"we've lost more than we'd like, stranger."

Leaving you to stand back up, she turns to the others.

"It looks like we've got one left, up above. Whoever he is, he's our best bet to turn the fight." she finishes, Nodding

"Floor's clear, Gold Light." states Bitter Stream. hefting his chaingun with some effort. "It looks like all that's left is what got this guy."

"Well let's go get it then! shouts screwfly, looking determined."

 No.622919

>>622916

Your axe was set nearby, thankfully what shot you didn't take it when you fell.

 No.622921

>>622903

You manage to recover, standing against the pain

 No.622923

>>622918
Blade struggles, trying to cut through the wiring before trying to drive her blade deep into the core of the Tripod.

>Backstab: Kills helpless Targets

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.622925

>>622918
Mikhail sighs.
"Well Asimov, let's move."
He makes Asimov punch through the wall, and heads eastwards towards Celestial Plaza, and brings up a status screen to see if there's been any damage so far. He leans back a bit as he examines what small damage's been done.
"Ugh…you need a new paint job."
>"You need to be less of an ass."
"Who was it who hand-dug you out of that hole?"
The comm screen is blank.

 No.622926

>>622918
>>622923
She charges in to help out her sister.

 No.622930

>>622918

"Cavalier" - responses grimly the smith to the indirectly asked question, facing the party before attempting to get back his axes.

Having done that, he looks around, judging his companions. It looked as thoough not many were there to share first line with him.

Passing the irrelevant remark, he just states:


"It got me by surprise… won' t happen again… cover me."

Having said that, he rushes off to do the most dumb thing to do.

He rushes once again up the stairs… or rather, leaps up them, as to not give the enemy much time to react.

Serving revenge with cold steel.

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning
Crit on 9+

[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 7 + 4 = 11 / Roll #2 4 + 4 = 8

 No.622933

>>622930

"Caliver"*

 No.622934

>>622923

Wriggling your blade free, you reach forward as far a you can, slashing the core!

The core's color shifts from orange to an angry red, destabilized!

with the Tripod unable to eject it's core, the machine detonates violently, throwing the secondary Tripod aside in the blast, damaging the machine beyond function.

You've been catapulted from the explosion, severely injured, nearly unconscious, but alive.
>0/2

>>622925
You make your way into the center of the plaza, the gunfire all but gone. it's eerily silent, save for some small scuffle occurring in the western building.

>>622926
You rush forward, intent on saving your sister, before suddenly launched backwards!

Debris is ejected from the blast zone, damaging you but leaving you standing
> 2 hits

However, your sister isn't so lucky… you see her on the opposite side of the crater, lying still on the ground.

>>622930
Leaving the three behind, you rush forward into the room above, the sounds of hoof-steps following close behind.

the creature, this larger monster, had though to try the same trick. You knew better.

Striking lower, you throw the creature back further down the hall, your second swing battering it's head. looking angry, it jumps back to steady itself, before aiming it's weapon.

You stand with the three soldiers whom you've just now met, intent on killing this monstrous leader of greys left behind you.

>Pause

 No.623474

File: 1428978206271.png (10.18 KB, 500x250, Oekaki.png)

I'm ready

 No.623475

>>622934

Last session, The Byte sisters had searched unsuccessfully for their father at their Trader district estate, only to find traces of habitation but nopony to be seen.
Facing the tripods in battle, they found themselves victorious, but at grave cost. Heavily wounded, the two are still at a loss for information as to their missing father's position.

Caliver's bloody arrival onto Celestial plaza bought the one-sixty-fifth time to move forward into the eastern building, assisting in the climactic battle against the alien commander.

Mikhail, with the assistance of Asimov, arrived safely at Celestial plaza. Though the main bulk of fighting appears to be long over, a scuffle in the eastern building proves otherwise.

(1/2)

 No.623476

File: 1428978528788.png (2.7 KB, 500x250, Oekaki.png)


 No.623477

>>623474

Currently within the civilian sector of outer Canterlot, evacuation procedures are underway. The invaders have yet to overrun the military presence here , and the order to move east towards the inner walls were issued earlier this evening.

It is currently early morning, the sun yet to shine within the city's outer wall, long shadows covering the street and nearby shops as the convoy begins it's journey. Soldiers in heavy armor and civilians on hoof or in carts move slowly by as the two of you make your way east.

 No.623478

>>623477
Gwoar sits atop Goaru, crosslegged and drinking from a large plastic cup full of soda through a straw. "You know," he says to the mechanical head, "This has been quite a disappointing vacation. I know some things are unavoidable or unpredictable, but really, an alien invasion? Next thing I know I'll be attended to by a horde of mares in estrus."

 No.623479

>>622934
"KILO!" She yells as she runs over to her sister, attempting to help her any way she can.
[1d10] repair

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.623480

>>623475

Since previous hits connected:

>Ice effect applied, critical strike chance reduced by 1 for everyone targeting the boss for 1 turn.

>Critical on rolls of 8+

Having cleared the way and the initial fightning ground for the trio of soldiers now accompanying Caliver into battle, the hippogriff stares coldly at the alien towering above them.

Truly, it looked as though it was an aliorn among its brethren.

Hadn' t it been for Gold Light' s intervention, he wouldn' t be even able to perceive the one, which ambushed him… now, it was time to pay respects for both of them.

Seeing how the creature wields the powerful blaster, he wasted no time, for in close combat lay his hope. He had to make sure the beast is occupied enough with him as to not focus on the more battered team members behind him.

He lunged forward, sweeping with axes in one, long stride.

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning


[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 6 + 4 = 10 / Roll #2 8 + 4 = 12

 No.623481

File: 1428980118355.jpg (67.11 KB, 400x580, TerratheTerribleLOB-NA-C-1….jpg)


 No.623482

>>623478
the convoy carries on for a while, the radio busy with commands, supply reports, and other bits of dry information.

At least, until a burst of static cuts in, followed by a gruff sounding stallion on the other end.

"You there, in the mech. We're short on Mechanized units, need assistance moving some equipment out of the College. Interested?"

>>623479
You rush forward to assess your sister's condition. She doesn't seem to be moving, the remains of armored plating charred black from the initial explosion. it looks as if her back left leg has bent beyond it's capacity, shattering the mechanics inside and leaving the assembly immovable.

Using your magic to try and right the damaged leg, you can see multiple wires explode outward from the energy spike, damaging the inner workings further.
> Kilo at 0/1

>>623480
Rushing forwards, you leap over the tables between you and the creature, driving your axes into him with one sweeping maneuver.

You shove the body of the creature into the flooring, leaving a large dent and staggering the monstrosity but otherwise leaving him intact. As you pull away, you see the air flicker around the impact site, before quickly dissipating.

The three others open fire shortly after, orders drown out under the sound of weapon fire
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]

Meanwhile the Commander raises his bronze blaster, aiming past you at Bitterstream
[1d10+2] Blaster round

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 5 = 5 / Roll #3 1 = 1 / Roll #4 4 + 2 = 6

 No.623483

>>623482

Screwfly's sniper jams, forcing her to take cover behind a nearby desk.

Bitter stream isn't so lucky, his chaingun missing it's mark and firing into the roof. shortly after, the blaster round smashes into his armor, the plating a searing red!
>2 hits

 No.623484

>>623482
"Interested in moving?" Gwoar sits back, holding onto the walking head with just his foot claws, taking a long, contemplative drink before tossing the cup away. "Alright, sounds reasonable. Head open!"
The front of the head swings up, and Gwoar hops into the seat, putting his talons on the controls before making the face swing shut once more. "Gyooo-ooooh!" Goaru shouts, before bounding off towards the college in bounding skips.

 No.623485

>>623482
"F-FUCK!" she yells as she tries again to fix her sister's leg.

 No.623486

>>623485
[1d10] repair

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.623487

>>623482
>>623483

The hippogriff' s heart skipped a beat. Was it an EMP aura that interfered with the inner mechanisms of the team' s members or was it just their rabid emotions that amounted to such unfortunate combat initiations?

It bliked through his mind that oe of them mentioned meeting this particular foe beforehand… Screwfly, was it?

Well, they didn' t look as though trauma overtook them the moment they saw it. Perhaps they didn' t look like seasoned veterans, but no recruits they were. That much he could tell by the look on their faces…

Either way, it didn' t foretell anything good.

Seeing the enemy ignore him, the threat just below, he realized that it' s one not to be tfifled with. It knew where to strike as to make it hurt.

Caliver was determined to stop him in his tracks.

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning

>Ice effect applied

>Critical on rolls of 8+

[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 6 + 4 = 10 / Roll #2 10 + 4 = 14

 No.623488

>>623484

It isn't difficult to miss the place, a spire of metal towering over the furthest eastern edge of the civilian sector. Shaped much like a unicorn's horn, the building holds the distinction of the city's primary research facility.

The radio buzzes again: "We've gotten reports that the facility's perimeter may be compromised" he explains, "that Pulse from last night knocked our camera system out of commission, we need you to enter the building and secure the research equipment before we pull out of the sector."

>>623486
You try once again to revive your sister. Despite the proper use of restorative magic, your concentration lapses and the leg degrades further. At this point you'll need more than magic to repair it.
>0/1. Upper right leg crippled, limb use disabled.

>>623487
Refocusing on the commander, you jam both of your axes into his chest, arcing upwards and forcing him back against a table behind him. Once again you see what should have been heavy damage dissipate, the impact site flickering before returning to nothing.

The only one ready for a volley, Gold Lights Fires from out of cover, her pistol rounds flying by your head.

"Come and get me you grey freak!"
[1d10]

The commander, recovering from his table collision, trains his blaster on you, the mechanism whirring loudly!
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 10 + 2 = 12

 No.623489

>>623488

rounds rebound of the commander, each spot flickering with the same power as before.

His blaster empties a charge into your chest, knocking you backwards and sending your world spinning.
>helpless

 No.623490

>>623488
"D-d-damnit! I am so sorry!"
At this point, she just tries to help her sister up.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.623491

>>623488
Blade yells in pain when she feels the shock go through her system after feeling her leg being completely shut down. She gasps before looking around and trying to move her leg.

"M-My… My leg! T-Terra what the hell happened to my leg?!" She yells, obviously in panic after being shocked awake with the loss of her leg once more. She then tries to get up, using Terra to stand back up.

 No.623492

>>623488
Gwoar consults a map through Goaru's eyes, as the head robot scratches the top of its noggin inquisitively. "Yeah, I'm looking at the map, here," he says, squinting, "I'll be heading down, now."
With that said, Gorau bounds near back towards the cargo elevator, going down to the basement. The ancient stone head pulls out the ancestral sacred weapon of the Ancient Jungle Griffon Machine Headds- the Stone Yo-Yo.

 No.623493

>>623491
"I-I-I-" she stammers, sniffling, not able to get the words out.

 No.623494

>>623488
>>623489

"Ghhaarg" - air being forcibly ejected from the hippogriff' s lungs, he' s thrown of his feet like after a mighty dosage of vodka.

That is, weren' t it for the fact that the pain definitely wasn' t gone.

That was no glancing blow, no laughing matter. Truly, the weapon of this alien possesed fearful capabilities, as to knock him down instantly, even while not targeting vital points of his body.

The pain…

It seemed as though the enemy possessed some sort of regenerative qualities. Question was, did some sort of mimited kinetic absorption module shielded it from harm… or was it the very biological nature, like those of trolls, that held the key to their possible demise?

That remained to be found out… definitely not by lying around though.

Trying to recover.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.623495

>>623490
>>623491

You manage to stand with a large amount of help from Terra, her supporting your weight as you stand back up, holding the damaged limb far from the floor.

>>623492

The cargo elevator rattles towards the bottom, the Stone head weighing the system down considerably. reaching the end of the chute, you find the floor map to be fairly straightforward, with what looks like a main lab at the end of the hall past the cargo office. the facility is near pitch black, the lighting systems all but gone from the initial attack, though enough light escapes from the cargo shaft to dimly light the drop off area.

>>623494
Despite the burning pain from the blast zone, you shakily get back on your feet, recovering your weapons from the floor nearby before turning to face the commander.

Weapons retrained, the three open fire once again.

"Covering fire, keep this thing busy!"
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]

Gunfire chewing through the walls, flooring and tables around him, the commander raises his blaster, aiming towards the currently exposed Gold Lights
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 6 = 6 / Roll #3 8 = 8 / Roll #4 5 + 2 = 7

 No.623496

>>623493
Blade frowns. She never enjoyed seeing her sister upset, she never wanted her to blame herself for trying to help. Though there's one thing she knows that can cheer up her sister.

She wrapped her working arm around Terra. "I remember trying to talk to you in high school… Couldn't even get a look cause you were too cool… But now we're older were playing by the new rules… we lived and learned." She sang out weakly, still tired and hurt after blowing up and losing use of her arm.

 No.623497

>>623495

Gunfire sparks off whatever is keeping the commander standing, the field appearing to jump and scatter unevenly.

The shot strikes home, searing her leg from the intense heat
>3 hits

 No.623498

>>623495
"Well, I don't much care for this," Gwoar says, pressing a button inside Goaru to turn on the floodlight eyes, grinning with his beak. "Haiya!"
[1d10] Cleave
Goaru swings the yo-yo around, hoping to hit something that's probably snuck into the basement during the kerfuffle.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.623499

>>623496
Cheering up and singing the song with her, "'cause at time… moves on.. we find… we belong… and then, in the end…"

 No.623500

>>623495
>>623497

Although back on both his hindlegs once more, the hippogriff is made aware of the fact that he won' t be able to take many shots of this kind.

The covering fire sure served its purpose. Foregoing reporting being steady, as he was in front of his comrades eyes, he faces the grey invader, seering with defiance.

This time, he tries to sunder his opponent' s defence, whatever might have been its roots, by striking two times in the very same place. Perhaps a focused strike could achieve what a strong, yet scattered valley couldn' t?

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning

>Critical on rolls of 9+


[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 8 + 4 = 12 / Roll #2 1 + 4 = 5

 No.623501

>>623499
She smiles a bit more, singing in unison with her sister. "We were the ones you used to make fun of… We stayed at home alone instead of fallin' in love… We never got the chance to be prom queen… We didn't even dance but here's the thing… We got the bots…" She paused to giggle as her sister lifted her up. "We got the money… We need some sun but I'm tellin' you honey… That the geeks will.. Ge-ge-ge-geeks will… We will inherit the earth." She couldn't even sing anymore after that, she went into a giggling fit. For the first time in a long time, she was actually laughing. A giggling fit after surviving an explosion and destroying two giant robots.

 No.623502

>>623499
"We were the ones, you used to make fun of! We stayed at home alone instead of falling in love! We never got the chance to be prom queen, we didn't even dance, by here's the thing… We got the bots…" With renewed vigor, she lifts her sister completely onto her back and looks for anyone who can help. "We got the money… We need some sun but I'm tellin' you honey… That the geeks will… Ge-ge-ge-geeks will… We will inherit the earth!"

[1d10] looking for someone who can help

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.623503

>>623498

You crank the floodlight to max and start swinging wildly, smashing crates and power-tools in the whirling motion. Something more solid connects with the yo-yo, it flying off into the dark with a shrill scream!

your lights show three other creatures scattering for cover in a panic only one with the forethought to open fire
[1d10] Blaster fire

>>623500
rushing forward, you smash both axes into the commander's chest, the first strike passing through, leaving a gash on it's body and discharging whatever kept it steady with a blast of static! your fur stands up on end as the energy dissipates completely, leaving the commander open!

pushing too close to the creature prompts a headbutt in response, sending you back but leaving you standing.
>5 hits

>>623502
The radio crackles to life after a long silence, you must be close!

"…I repeat, this is Commander Steel Flank calling for a withdraw of forces to the military district! we will regroup and assess the situation once on base."

The commander suddenly focuses it's attention on the three soldiers, a high pitched keening is heard as it stares.
[1d10] Psychic blast

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.623504

>>623503
The laser hits nearby, the floodlights blinding the creature.

the lapse in fire over, the three wince but return to their weapons

 No.623505

>>623503
"Haha! The traditional tactic of attacking once I enter the room succeeds as usual!" Gwoar laughs inside Goaru, "Head open!" The front face opens up again, as Gwoar stands up inside and notches a shaft in his bow, firing it at the kreecher who thought to fire at him, as Goaru slings the yo-yo out at it.

[1d10+1]Gwoar, attack with Ranged Weapon
[1d10+1]Goaru, attack with Ranged Weapon
>+1 to both for talent

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.623506

>>623503
Blade activates her stealth unit. She knows she cannot fight with her arm disabled like this and her body so weak, might as well stay out of sight.

>Cloaking Device.

 No.623507

>>623503
"Understood, Commander!" With Kilo on her back she starts heading for the millitary district, keeping an eye out for any aliens in their way.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.623508

>>623503
>>623504

It seemed as though the abomination had more spunk than it looked like, being able to handle itself in melee as well, cunningly putting size to its advantage.

Judging thus far, not only was it knowledgable on disrupting formations, but also on vital areas on Equestrian citizens' bodies. Either it had much contact the very same day… or more likely, it held the very same weaknesses.

As the axes reached the desired target, a malevolent anomaly appeared, causing an uproar in Caliver' s coiffure… Now that sure was an interesting reaction. Could it have been that the key lay actually in the lightning enchantment inscribed upon his blades?



Progress! Paid for in a nasty bump on the head, though certainly worth more than that.

Now, it was time to see whether that was enough to penetrate this energetic carapace. Doubling the efforts, despite the buzzing in the head, Caliver struck the sparkly bits.

Dual wield, Ice, Lightning

>Ice effect applied

>Critical on rolls of 8+

[1d10+4]
[1d10+4]

Roll #1 7 + 4 = 11 / Roll #2 10 + 4 = 14

 No.623509

>>623505

Your aim is spot on, firing from the cockpit you very nearly decapitate the alien with the force of the arrow, the yo-yo slamming into the corpse and sending it spiraling into the dark shortly afterwards.

The two remaining aliens fire from the cover of a few boxes near the cargo office exit.
[1d10]
[1d10] Blaster fire

>>623507
>>623506

With Kilo being carried by Terra, the stealth field inches downward to hide the two from view.

stumbling through alleyways and empty streets, you eventually make your way to the military quarter, the open complex guarded by multiple guard posts along the area not backed to the outer walling. an energy field has been projected over the main buildings, maintained by several unicorns posted nearby. The airfield has been converted to a tent camp, with ponies scattered about resting, transmitting orders and maintaining their equipment.

The guards don't even notice you as you make your way through the entrance.

>>623508
Striking the chest once again, you find that the weapon not only passes through what was once there, but connects with the creature! you gore the commander's chest, leaving two deep axe wounds where steel met flesh.

stepping back, it fires it's blaster once more, aiming for you!
[1d10+2]

Meanwhile the three open fire once again, pressing the advantage
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #4 5 = 5 / Roll #5 10 = 10 / Roll #6 6 = 6

 No.623511

>>623509
>>623510
"Pfah! Goaru, you should be able to do better when I've got the hatch open," Gwoar admonishes the simple AI-driven head, as they attack the James Franco in Spring Breakers once more.
[1d10+1] Gwoar attacking arbitrary alien 1
[1d10+1] Goaru attacking both with yo-yo Cleave

 No.623512

>>623509
>>623509 (You)
>>623505

one blast goes wide, melting a box behind you, the other scorches Gorau's rocky plating
>2 hits

>>623508
The shot tears into your shoulder, wounds reopening from the heat
>3 hits

The combined fire from the three tear into his hide, causing him to bleed profusely!

 No.623513

>>623509
"Kilo, could you turn off the invisibility? We really need to get your leg fixed."

 No.623514

>>623509
Mikhail peeks through the busted window of the building he's occupying, making sure there aren't any hostiles outside before he dashes outside, and flies up to Asimov, carrying a few weapons alongside him that he's picked off some corpses.
As he gets in and grips the controls, the comms screen flashes.
>"Should we really be doing this?"
"Of course we should. These weapons still work, might as well give them to those still fighting, eh?"
He then starts to pilot Asimov towards the building directly to the east.
"Now, let's see what all this fighting's all about."

 No.623515

>>623513
Blade looks around a bit before turning off her Cloaking Device. "S-Sorry… I kind of forgot you were carrying me here…"

 No.623516

>>623509
>>623512

The blows raged, the tide of impact coursing from one side to the other.

It seemed as though Caliver drew the big one' s attention finally, as he sure was being delievered a mighty deal of attention.

And boy, does love hurt.

Flesh torn apart in the very same place the lesser aliens scraped it, the hippogriff was reminded of the obstacles he had to dispose of in order to reach this wretched figure.

If they have been bushes, this a tree… but even a tree falls.

And the victor is not one who falls.. but the one who does not get up again.

Being forced on his knees, Caliver clenched his teeth, doing his best to pull himself up, while using the axes handles as an additional support for his convulsion-driven body.

He couldn' t afford lying around at a time like this…

Trying to recover

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.623517

>>623515
"And I though I was the forgetful one." She laughs a little.

 No.623518

>>623511
Your arrow pierces the second, dropping the alien near instantly, both thrown to the side, splattering onto the cargo crates nearby. With the last few screams, the cargo room is silent once again.

>>623514
The sound of heavy gunfire reaches you from the second floor, punctuated by energy weapons firing rapidly nearby, you can see movement from the blown out windows the faces of ponies in battle lit by tracer rounds.

>>623515
You decloak once within the camp, drawing the surprised looks of several soldiers nearby. a few run off towards the main building, the shield parting to allow them entry, while the rest eye you fearfully.

"Who are you?"
"How did you get in?"
"Someone get the commander!"
a flurry of activity as more ponies arrive to see what's going on.

>>623516
Pushing on your axes for support, the grips shift position on the wooden flooring, causing you to slip back onto the floor.

Continuing to bleed, the commander lines another shot towards the three taking cover, firing in a hurry.
[1d10+2]

Seeing the commander this injured, the hail of gunfire continues
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 3 = 3 / Roll #3 2 = 2 / Roll #4 6 = 6

 No.623519

>>623518
The shot misses, however the window of opportunity allowed him to take cover behind a broken table, avoiding the worst of the fire.

 No.623520

>>623518
Upon hearing the sounds of fighting above him, Mikhail prepares his catalyst, alongside Asimov as the two move up the stairs, Asimov getting some extra firepower from the orb.
"What's all this then!?" Mikhail announces as the two go up.
>Asimov's Homing Magic
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.623521

>>623518
"I don't think they liked me doing that… Terra…" She says, now getting more drowsy.

 No.623522

>>623518
"C'MON! My sister forgot to turn off her cloak when we got here, okay!? We were in the damned crater!"

 No.623523

>>623518

Trying hard was not good enough. That did the hippogriff realize upon failing his petty attempt. The floor' s instability did he not take into account.

Taking a deep breath and steading his hind legs, he tried to crawl up in one attempt instead of making it a process. Further relying on the floor seemed like a bad idea, thus he used his forearms this time.

Trying to recover

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.623524

>>623521
"Stay with me, sis."

 No.623525

File: 1428990479524.jpg (113.61 KB, 765x1023, IMAG0180.jpg)

>>623518
"Success!" Gwoar says, pumping his fist in victory. He closes the hatch on Goaru, and while inside the robot, he pushes the various surveillance equipment onto the elevator. "Hey captain or whoever I'm talking with," he says, pulling up the radio, "I'm loading some of your stuff onto the elevator, if you're all over there, I'm sending it up now." He turns the elevator on, sending it up with the robot staying in the cargo basement. With that done, he turns off the floodlights again, sneaking around to the corner. Inside the head, Gwoar sets his bow down, switching to the crescent axe stored on a rack inside the robot.
>Switching to Great Weapon

>It was stupid hard finding a picture of this weapon, I mean really

 No.623526

>>623520

Scrambling up the staircase, Asimov readies a series of magic bolts for a surprise attack! unfortunately the battles previous have weakened the flooring near the stairs.

As you burst onto the upper floor, Asimov's foot smashes through the ground, caving the area around the staircase in! you catch a glimpse of the three ponies before they join you in the rubble.
>asimov helpless
>Gold Lights helpless
>Bitter Stream helpless
>Screwfly helpless

>>623523
You try and stand, using your arms to push yourself upwards. as you were about to rise, the fight is interrupted by what looks like a walking machine! the machine loses it's footing, collapsing the floor around the staircase, throwing you off balance and sending the three soldiers tumbling down with him!

>>623522
Hurrying out of the field at a brisk pace, you see an older looking stallion, his grey, bushy mustache covering the majority of his face. the multiple medals and ribbons on his uniform label him as a commander.

"Why are you foals standing!" he shouts towards the onlookers "Don't you see they're injured?"

as quick as he appears, a pony-drawn stretcher and several doctors make their way over to Kilo, prepping for emergency care.

>>623525
The radio crackles to life: "Excellent work, pilot. Once we make our way to the military district we'll be sure to compensate you for your service."

The commander, seeing the chaos erupt forth, makes an attempt to escape through the window!
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.623527

>>623526
Falling from the second story, the commander starts dragging himself away from the building!

 No.623528

>>623526
Gwoar position Goaru at the end of the hallway, rolling up the yo-yo. The head starts jumping in place from foot to foot, as if it was hyping itself up, then charges through the hallway, spinning the yo-yo around in a wide arc once it reaches the room at the end!
[1d10]Cleave

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.623529

>>623526
"T-Terra.. Where are they taking me.." Blade asks, now starting to slip into unconsciousness.

 No.623530

>>623526
Mikahil shakes his head as Asimov's foot goes through the floor.
"Maybe you should be a bit more gentle, Asimov."
>"Maybe you should allow me greater control over my own servos," the comm screen flashes.
Asimov tries to get unstuck…
[1d10]

…while Mikhail opens up the cockpit, and points his stick at Caliver.
"You my friend, might very much enjoy this little pick-me-up I've saved…in fact, all inhabitants of this room might need one, too…"
>Bolster; Automatic

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.623531

>>623526
>>623530

"What the…!?"

The hippogriff couldn' t prevent the surprised yell from espcaping his mouth. It' s not every day that You descend down the floor without the use of stairs or an elevator.

It looked as though the newcomer, however friendly, tore a hole in the team' s tactic, allowing the enemy an escape possibility.

However, the griffin in the cockpit seemed to have been as swift in his thinking as he was in his actions.

Not knowing the reason for being chosen as the first one to receive the positive wave of energy, he knew that there was no time nor point in questioning that now.

Within his arms and hooves has been put trust. A single action, yet one of importance.

Springing up wordlessly, Caliver rushes out of the building and after the enemy Commander, attempting to stop him in his tracks, tackling him from behind.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.623532

>>623526
She follows her sister, "You do have a robotics expert, right?"

>>623529
"They're gonna help you."

 No.623533

>>623528
Kicking open the lab door, you find a curious piece of machinery.

A silver sphere floats over the multiple tables in the chamber, scanning the contents with a variety of probes and bizarre instruments. The lights in this room flicker on occasion, the Sphere seeming to be drawing power from the Generator near the back of the lab.

rushing in, you get the drop on the sphere, smashing into it with Gorau's Yo-yo, denting the silvery surface!

>>623530
Asimov struggles to untangle his body from the ruined staircase, the soldiers getting in the way of a more vigorous attempt.

>>623531
rushing out of the building, you see the commander hobbling into cover, a device previously concealed pulsing with a blue glow.

Charging forward, you leap towards the commander, attempting a tackle! the commander, being of a semi-equine design, throws what he has into a single buck, throwing you off and onto the street, the impact knocking the breath out of you.
> 6 hits

The commander scurries out of sight behind the nearby building.

>>623532
Eyeing the injured mare, he nods after a moment's pause. "Don't worry, ma'am! we've got the majority of our engineering corps out of the firefight, if they can fix a tank, they can fix your friend." he replies, nodding assuredly.

>pause



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]