[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1422847945633.png (329.21 KB, 1280x720, one of these days someones….png)

 No.615368[Last 50 Posts]

This is the second thread for Vermin Destruction, a game about killing creepy mutant bugs.

This is the proposal document that will maybe get updated in the future: http://pastebin.com/Lwe6uHn6

This is OOC chat: http://cytu.be/r/pretendhorse_playhouse#

 No.615369

Calling for sheets.
This is session 5.

 No.615370

File: 1422848109687.png (325.93 KB, 700x410, on the edge.png)


 No.615371

File: 1422848239896.png (162.82 KB, 800x600, Wrangler.png)


 No.615372


 No.615373

>>615370
>>615371
>>615372
>Gaétan will be asleep in the van upon arrival
It's another day in Manehattan, though the sun's been obscured for almost a week with clouds pouring down rain onto the city. All kinds of rain, from haze, to sprinklings, to warm splatterings on the surfaces that the heavy drops fall onto, to sheets and sheets of freezing rain that pelts passerby ponies with chilly shivers. Today, it's a light shower, though the air is warm and humid.

Dandybell explained the situation on the way over. "A zebra family in the Lordes neighborhood was brewing some potions in a magic circle," she said, "When the circle turned into a portal of some kind, and a bunch of Encroaches started coming out. They had closed the portal by the time they called, but there's still four of them, fully-grown, in their basement." The van was stuck at a stop light for almost the entire length of the cheery, bubbly song she had on the radio, though the speakers were turned down so everyone could hear. "Mister Burrows said he wants you all to capture them, so Moonsoon can study the live bodies, instead of dead ones, this time. You've all been issued heavy-duty stun sticks. Use those when they're down, they should help immensely." The stun sticks, the devices in question, were simply batons with an extended protected grip, with an external switch and battery box connected to the baton with a springy wire.

She pulled up to the house, two stories and a basement. The front door had been left open. "Alright, hop to it," she says, sounding tired already, "I'll be on the radio, call in if you need something."

>Start!

 No.615374

>>615373
Cold Brew is in the same shape he was last time, more or less alright. Rhanna is in good shape, as well, though she's being watched to ensure quality work.

Ever since he got the skin transplant, Wrangler's been looking kind of patchy, missing most of the fur on his flanks and midsection, the skin that was burnt away now replaced with a shiny, chocolate brown skin. It wasn't as sensitive as the rest of his skin, but the boys at Moonsoon said it was made of enhanced skin cells, with a tighter bonding grip and yadda yadda yadda, he was on morphine at the time.

 No.615375

>>615373
>>615374
He reluctantly takes one of the stun sticks, grumbling under his breath at not being allowed to simply kill the bugs instead. He hops out of the van and waits for his companions to join him before heading into the house's basement.

 No.615376

>>615373
Wrangler gets out of the van, he gets his usual gear ready. Trottie Talkie? Check. Stun stick? Check. Wrist mounted hoof-cannon? Double check.

"Alright fellas, I've got two weeks worth of anger built up for these damn bugs. Let's go get em." Wrangler says, now heading towards the house to head into it's basement.

 No.615377

>>615373
Rhanna gripped the long rod in her paw, briefly analyzing it.
"We're always getting new toys in every mission huh?" She jokes before hopping out of the van and turning on the device on her jumpsuit.
>Spellbound alchemizing. Bolster x3

>>615376
>>615375
She then shared two of the fizzy ws with her comrades
"Okay everyone, drink up. You'regoing to need it." She said before drinking her own
>using bolster drink

 No.615379

>>615377
"Cheers, lass!" No stranger to drinking, he quaffs the whole potion in one go before wiping his beard. "Ah, that's the stuff."

 No.615380

>>615377
Your suit quickly brews three quick-recovery potions, and you distribute it to the rest of the party.
>drink next turn as an Instant action
>>615375
>>615376
The two of you enter the house, where three members of the zebra family are chanting with beads in their hooves, while a unicorn(presumably a neighbor) has a magical barricade over the basement door. One of the zebras, a teenaged male, gets up and trots over to you. "Thank goodness you're here, Muffin Top's been holding a bubble for more than an hour…" he says, as you pass by the pink-maned, tan-coated unicorn standing next to the door.

You now stand at the top of the stairs. The light of the basement is on, and at the bottom, you can see four bipedal Encroaches- fully matured cockroach types, by the color and shapes of their shells. They look similar to the Locust Warriors, but wider, and bulkier. The smell of smoke coming from extinguished scented candles hits your noses, and you can see a smudged, white magic circle on the ground.

>Roach Fighter naming scheme is Roach Fighter 1, Roach Fighter 2, etc.

>Stun Stick knocks out a target while helpless on a successful roll, removing them from combat

 No.615381

>>615379
"It tastes just like orange soda doesn't it?!

>>615380
"Ugh…I fucking hate cockroaches…" she muttered before her suit lighted up with purple and she brewed a new drink which she read about yesterday
>Dream Wine: spell, recharge 2; In combat, the crit range for your next attack is increased by 2. Outside of combat, invoke prophetic visions.

 No.615382

>>615380
http://pastebin.com/eqAfgtgg

Waking with a start, i bang my head on the van's roof.

"ow…ugh, what's going on? we've got another job?"

 No.615383

>>615377
Wrangler takes the potion, giving Rhanna a friendly smile. "Thank ya, ma'am." Wrangler drinks the entire potion before heading inside.

>>615380
Wrangler scowls at the warriors. "Cold Brew, I say we go down there and beat those things to an inch of their life before hauling them to get dissected."

>Inspire

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.615384

>>615380
He scowls and wrinkles his nose at both the smell of smoke and the sight of the bugs, but draws his trusty maul nonetheless. "A knight's wrath undoes the wicked," he recites under his breath.

>>615381
"A little bit, aye."

>>615383
"Only one thing for it." He lets out a battle cry and heads straight into the thick of things, swinging his maul at roaches 1 and 2.
[1d10] Cleave

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.615385

>>615382
"Gaé?" Dandybell turns around in the front seat, looking back at you, "You fell asleep on the way over. There's some Encroaches in the basement, sweety, go in and get 'em!"
>>615381
You brew the magic potion.
>>615383
Your words somehow bring everyone's spirits down.
>party rolls with -1 next turn
>>615384
As you swing your maul running down the stairs, you lose balance, falling onto your side and sliding down the stairs. The Roaches get up and move into the corner, trying to hide away from the exterminators.
>Roach Fighters 1-4
[1d10] Stealth
[1d10] Stealth
[1d10] Stealth
[1d10] Stealth

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 8 = 8 / Roll #4 2 = 2

 No.615386

>>615385
Roach Fighters 2 and 3 blend into the shadoooows…
>Cold Brew takes 5 hits from critfail

 No.615387

>>615385
Wrangler fiddles around with some switches on what seemed to be a large wrist watchcomputer?. A gun barrel extends from the watch, pointing it towards Roach Fighter 1.

"Take this you son of a-!" Wrangler cuts himself off by firing at Fighter 1.

>Normal attack

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.615390

>>615385
>>615386
He angrily shakes his hoof at no one in particular, cursing his own clumsiness. He charges at Roach 1, bringing the maul down on what he assumes is its head.

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.615391

>>615385
"Oh, right!"
scrambling to buckle and attach my gear, i strap my tank in and slip my strikers on, taking extra care to not bump my still bandaged arm too badly.

With my gear attached, i grab a stun baton and make my way into the house.

 No.615392

>>615385
>>615384
Rhanna growls a bit and pinches the bridge of her muzzle
"Brew…buddy… be more careful alright? Here drink this." She said handing him the potion she just brewed. "This one might taste a bit different though, I never tried it myself so tell me what it tastes like okay?"
>giving dream wine to Cold Brew

Right after that she activated her suit again. Heating it as she made a clear liquid brew. Forgetting the battle and focusing on helping her frontline allies

>Spellbound. Survival: spot check rolls +3; create and forage for basic supplies like rope, bandages, tents, torches and low-quality meals

 No.615393

>>615387
The gun fires X at the roach, piercing its stomach.
>>615390
The club lands on what is probably yes it's head. It pauses for about a second, taking in the information before freaking out, as do the rest of the Roach Fighters.

>Roach Fighters 1-4, attacking Wrangler

[1d10]
[1d10]Autocrit from Stealth
[1d10]Autocrit from Stealth
[1d10]

>>615392
You stay back up on the stairs, safe for now from the conflict.

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 9 = 9 / Roll #3 6 = 6 / Roll #4 10 = 10

 No.615394

>>615393
All four of the roaches pounce on top of Wrangler, pounding him with their many carapaced fists.
>Wrangler takes 19 hits, helpless
>Bolster makes next recovery Automatic

 No.615396

Wrangler grunts and yells in pain as he is ganged up on by multiple Fighters. He gets up after they back off, spitting out one of his teeth onto the floor.

"I'll make ya'll pay for that…"

>bolster, automatic recover.

 No.615397

>>615392
"Will do. Cheers." He drinks the potion mid-fight, raising his eyebrows in surprise. "Tastes like sour grapes," he comments.

>>615393
>>615394
"Alrighty. Come here, you." He grabs Wrangler by the scruff of the neck and tosses him aside, taking his maul in both hooves and standing ready to face the Roaches.
>activating Protect on Wrangler

 No.615399

>>615391
You rush into the house, where an older zebra mare, a younger zebra stallion, a young zebra filly, and a matured unicorn mare are standing near the door. The Unicorn is panting heavily, projecting a barrier over the door. The teen zebra approaches you. "You are all from Roach Rustlers, yes?" he asks, "We called earlier, and three of you came in earlier, but they just went straight to work!"

 No.615405

>>615399
"Yes indeed, we got a call about an infestation, here to clear it out."

"Don't worry ma'am, we're professionals. now, uh, which way did they go again?"

 No.615407

>>615393
>>615396
"Awesome jeez wrangler, you just can't help but get gangbanged by bugs huh?" She said before drinking her Hawkeye potion, which she knew was going to be useless now.
she proceeded to rush to him. Brewing another bolstering fizzy orange drink just for him.
>Spellbound. Bolster
>also getting back into action

 No.615409

>>615396
You're up on your feet like those toys with wires in the middle of them that stand on a wooden platform with a button on the bottom that makes them collapse when you push in, but then stand up when you let it pop back into place, the tension of the strings making the toy stand up again.
>>615397
You stand over Wrangler, ready to defend him from the dire roachdudes.
>>615407
>Bolster has a recharge of 4 after the effect is used
The potion fizzles, then turns black in the vial.
>>615405
The teen stallion's jaw drops as he squints at you confusedly. He tosses his dreadlocks out of his face, then deepens his voice. "They're, uh, in the basement, over there," he says, pointing at the door with the barrier over it.

The four Roach Fighters stand around, not looking at anything in particular, eyes glazed over.

 No.615411

>>615409
Wrangler lifts his hoof up and aims at the roach warriors. "I'm going to make each of you pay for that!" Wrangler yells in anger.

Whirlwind
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #3 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #4 8 + 1 = 9

 No.615413

>>615409

"Oh. Right."

smiling sheepishly, i slip through the barrier and make my way downstairs.

"Hold on team, i'm coming!"

 No.615415

>>615409
"Right then. Have at ye!" He charges into battle again, swinging his maul at roaches 2 and 3 ferociously.

[1d10] Cleave, succeeds 6+ because of Dream Wine

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.615416

>>615415
>succeeds
crits*

 No.615418

>>615409
"Tsh. Fuck…I calibrated this thing last night" she said poking the ruby in her chest
"Come on, work with me…" she said rubbing her paws together and preparing a few flasks
>Spellbound. Distill Life: spell, recharge 2; Create three Health Potions which you may distribute freely to nearby party members, or critical success, create four. Consuming a potion is an Instant Automatic action that restores three hits. A character can only hold one Health Potion at a time.

 No.615420

>>615411
>fail on first roll, no damage
You spin around once, banging a hoof on the wall.
>>615413
You find Rhanna standing back on the stairs, Cold Brew standing in front of a partially-injured Wrangler, and four bipedal muscle roaches.
>>615415
You swing your maul out, barely hitting Roach Fighters 2 and 3.
>>615418
3 Health Potions synthesized
Man, fuck Alchemist class, it just lets any cheap skill happen automatically, how about some extra recharge time or something

The Roach Fighters turn on Cold Brew as his maul returns to his side, pouncing towards him next.
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 4 = 4 / Roll #4 7 = 7

 No.615422

>>615420
Unfortunately… for them, most of their attacks miss, and in the end only one of them manages to get a good punch in on Cold Brew.
>Cold Brew takes 2 hits
>Roach Fighter 2 now Helpless

 No.615423

Wrangler grits his teeth after banging his hoof on the wall. "Damn it!" Wrangler mumbles in anger.

He turns his attention to the helpless Roach Fighter and takes out his stun baton. "This is going to be fun."

Stun Baton on Fighter 2
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.615425

>>615420
>>615422
He shrugs off the blow and grits his teeth, leaping at Roach 3 with his maul.

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.615428

>>615420
Hopping over staircase railing, I switch my strikers on and charge into the roach fighters.

"Alright, here we go!"

[1d10+1] Melee strikes, Roach 1
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #2 3 + 1 = 4

 No.615429

>>615420
>all I've been doing is helping the party stay alive.

>>615425
>>615423

"Alright! Cold, Wrangler, heads up!" She said tossing the bitter green potions for them to grab while continuously keeping her suit working, with a smirk on her face.
"I just love being a genius…" she muttered with pride

>>615428
Rhanna ducks as he jumped over her "woah! Hey dude you're just in time! Have a drink on the house!" She tosses him the last healing potion
>passing the three potions to Cold, Wrangler and Gaetan

 No.615431

>>615429
>>615422
>Spellbound. Elementalist, fire

 No.615433

>>615423
The Roach Fighter shakes around on the ground as you zap it with the Stun Stick, finally lying prone, smelling partially cooked.
>Roach Fighter 2 out of combat
>>615425
Your swing misses the Roach, but it fails to react even as the air whooshes around its head.
>>615428
The fist that would normally explode and torch your arm actually connects, knocking the Roach Fighter onto the floor.
>>615429
>Cold Brew, Wrangler, Gaétan have one potion each
>Elementalist Fire Synthesized

The Roaches now turn on Gaétan as Fighter 1 falls to the ground, though their forces are now cut in half.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.615434

>>615433
Despite having only two Fighters left, the Roaches pound Gaétan into the wall, before crouching on the staircase railing, antennae flicking in unison.
>Gaétan takes 6 hits, helpless

 No.615437

>>615433
Wrangler turns to the other helpless Fighter. "Your turn!" Wrangler says, grinning madly as he rushes at the Fighter to swing down his Stun Baton.

Stun Baton on Fighter 1
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.615440

>>615429
"Hey, thanks!" He does a mock salute as he receives the potion. He'd give her a thumbs up if he had any.

>>615433
>>615434
He clutches at the wound he took before, suddenly feeling the pain from the blow in full force. He grimaces and keels over before bringing himself back up.
>getting up is automatic

 No.615442

>>615433
Rhanna walked backwards up the stairs to get distance from the roaches and to body block the way up. While heating her suit again and panting due to the heat.
>Spellbound alchemizing. Magic Bolt: spell, recharge 2, ranged; this volatile energy attack deals one additional hit of damage, but crit-fails on 2-. This spell can apply one Elementalist effect when cast.

 No.615443

>>615434

Slumped against the wall, i groan as the pain in my arm flares up briefly.

"ohhh should have filed for paid leave…"

Using the wall and my good arm for support, i try and slide myself into a standing position.

[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.615444

>>615437
Your strike misses, as the Roach Fighter attempts to get back up.
[1d10] Recover
>>615440
With the assistance of the potion, you recover quickly.
>>615442
You brew up a bolt in a bottle, that you'll probably be mixing with the fire potion to make a fireball thingadoob.
>>615443
You recover, as the two roachmen continue to squat on the railings, breathing heavily, steam puffing from where their mouths might be. Their big, black eyes dart around, taking in tiny details in the basement.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.615445

>>615444
Roach Fighter 1 recovers!

 No.615446

>>615444
"Oh no you don't!" He swings at Roach 1 with all the strength he can muster.

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.615447

>>615444
Wrangler grunts in anger after missing and watching the Roach Fighter stand back up. "I'm gunna lay you out!!"

Wrangler aims the barrel of his hoof-cannon at Fighter 1 and fires at it.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.615449

>>615444
Back on my feet, i restart my strikers and make another charge, still favoring my good arm as i run.

"Let's keep at it!"

[1d10+1] Melee strike, roach 3
[1d10+1] melee strike, roach 4

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3

 No.615451

>>615446
>>615447
Together, the two of you give Roach Fighter 1 a smackdown that sends it right back on its shellacked ass.
>>615449
You slam your fist right into 3's gut, slamming it off the railing and onto its back, landing next to 1. You miss 4, just as it leaps off the railing and towards Wrangler…
[1d10]Attack

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.615452

>>615444
Indeed she mixed both potions and shook the brew a bit to agitate it.
She then took aim and tossed it at the Roach 4
"FIRE IN THE HOLE BITCH!"Shortly after she was already brewing again!
>Spellbound. Alchemist fire

 No.615453

>>615452
>>615451
'1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.615455

>>615451
After Wrangler and Cold knocks down the Roach Fighter, he gets a cocky grin. "And another thing…" Wrangler pauses to put his goggles on. "You're, ugly."

>Inspire with sick burn

[1d10]

After getting punched in the back of the head, Wrangler yells in pain. "You're just makin' me mad!" Wrangler says, uncorking his healing potion and drinking it.

>restores 3 of the 4 lost hits


Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.615456

>>615451
Mid-jump, the roach's legs straighten out, kicking into Wrangler's side. It launches off, doing a backflip in midair and landing in a crouching position, arms out, again still as a statue with only its antennae twitching.
>WRangler takes 4 hits
>>615453
Rhanna misses tossing the potions, as the fire splatters on the ground, getting dangerously close to the washer and dryer in the corner.

 No.615457

>>615456
"Aw shit…" she mutters before brewing a water potion…?
>Spellbound. Elementalist. Water

 No.615458

>>615451
>>615456
He's about to crush the roach with his hammer, but remembers they're meant to be left alive. He pulls out the stunstick instead and bashes it around the head a bit.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.615459

>>615456
Switching to the prod, i leap towards the prone roach and strike while it's down.

[1d10] Stun prod,roach 3

"Have some of this, bug!"

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.615463

>>615457
You fill up a potion vial with water.
>>615458
>>615459
Roaches 1 and 3 are zapped with the stun stick, soon lying prone and smoking on the ground.

The remaining Roach fighter looks at Cold Brew, then Gaétan, then finally elects to jump into the fire, burning itself alive. It soon explodes, its back bursting open and spewing warm, green goo all over the inside of the basement, while the fire is still going.
>>615455
You fail to inspire anyone.

 No.615466

Snapping out of it, wrangler quickly looks around for a fire extinguisher.

>search

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.615467

>>615463
"Woah Woah what the fuck?" Rhanna said before tossing out the potion to put outthe fire.
"It suicided…guys…bugs don't suicide…something is really wrong here…"

 No.615470

>>615463
dropping my guard, i stand there perplexed for a moment.

"Huh. just like that?"

>>615467
"Weird, but we need to get these bodies out of here, this place is up in flames!"

Grabbing one of the roaches by it's shoulders, i start to drag it upstairs and out of the fire.

[1d10] Hauling, Roach 1

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.615471

>>615466
You find, with satisfaction, that there is no fire extinguisher in the basement. Zigga ain't gon' be buying a fire extinguisher, that's what water's for.
>>615467
You do the sensible thing by tossing water on the fire, thus negating the possibility of everyone burning the house down by acting like total morons.
Thanks. Thanks a lot.

 No.615472

>>615463
"What?" He blinks in surprise as the bug decides to become an hero. "It's not even going to bother?" He shrugs, wondering if he should count that as a kill or not.

>>615470
"Oi! Didn't they say we should leave the bugs where they are?"

 No.615474

>>615472
"Oh."
>>615471

seeing the fire has been put out, i promptly drop the roach.

"Well great, maybe they won't notice?"

 No.615475

>>615470
"Calm down. I got it." She said calmly before stretching. "Whew. I'm beat, that sure was an intense fight ay guys?"

 No.615476

>>615463
Wrangler frowns after discovering there was no fire extinguisher. "Fucking Ziggers…" He mumbles under his breath.

>>615475
Wrangler turns to Rhanna, after she asks her question. "Wish we could have killed these things rather than keep them alive. Hope we're getting paid extra for this…"

 No.615481

>>615476
"Hey don't be upset. At least we got most of them right?" She said snapping a few bones in her back. "Now come on. Who wants to stop at Burger ColtKing for a Whopper? I'm starving."

 No.615484

>>615481
Wrangler smiles a little. "Thanks for the offer, Rhanna, but I've got a date tonight with Miss Glossamer. Although I'll take you up on that offer at another time." Wrangler says, heading upstairs to hop into the van so he could head back to the office.

 No.615486

>>615484
"A date eh? Geez you sure are a ladies man ain't ya?" She teases him on the way back

 No.615488

>>615486
Wrangler gently nudges her. "You would know more than anybody." Wrangler says, trying to up the ante on Rhanna's teasing.

 No.615490

>>615488
"Ehehe…Yeah…" she chuckles awkwardly with a nervous smile.
Once they got outside she spoke up. "Just…well…good luck on your date alright?" She said briefly touching his shoulder.
"I'm sure you two are going to have a nice time together…"

 No.616103

File: 1423444824886.gif (412.92 KB, 300x200, 1362420424398.gif)

Time for another round of Vermin Destruction!
Post sheets.

 No.616104

File: 1423444929170.jpg (2.15 MB, 2248x2432, imperfect.jpg)


 No.616105

File: 1423444951038.jpg (164.86 KB, 1920x2560, ttEGinN.jpg)


 No.616106

File: 1423445022985.jpg (77 KB, 650x361, little-mac-fixed.jpg)

>>616103
http://pastebin.com/fxQLt4h0
Reporting for duty sirs.

 No.616107


 No.616108

File: 1423446980243.jpg (1.42 MB, 1433x2023, 48523813_p0.jpg)

>>616104
>>616105
>>616107
It's a rainy day in Manehattan, about noon time, and you're all in the basement of a Zebra household in the Ladies neighborhood. A unicorn has been holding the door while the four of you fought three adult Roach Fighters that the houseowners had claimed crawled out from a magic circle. With the last of the Roach Fighters dying by self immolation, the unicorn lowers the shield, peeking into the basement. "Is everything alright in here? I smell smoke!"
>>616106
Today's your first day at Roach Rustlers Inc., the first job that called you back after you replied. Standing at the door to the warehouse they're located in, you've come on time for your first day, though they gave you an extra hour to arrive- tomorrow, you're expected to come in on time. There's no one stopping you from coming in, but you see a lavender pony in a blouse and black skirt sitting on a stool, her lavender mane pulled back in a bun, reading a book called 'Putting the Horse Before The Cart: Managing Your Personal and Business Life.'

 No.616109

>>616108
He gives the unicorn a friendly wave. "All clear! Roaches won't bother your ilk no more." He kicks one of the dead roaches for emphasis.

 No.616110

>>616108
She brushes off the dirt from her jumpsuit
"Uh…yeah everything is great. One of the bugs knocked some stuff down and set fire in the place hahahaha, crazy huh?" She said worried. If they found out about that, Glossamer was totally going to say that to the boss and her paycheck would get a big cut…
"But I tool care of the fire and now it's all fine, right guys?!"

 No.616111

>>616108
Wrangler walks out from the basement. "Yeah everything's fine. One of the little buggers set itself on fire, took care of the other three. I wouldn't suggest going down there until Moonsoon arrives and picks them up." Wrangler says, trying to calm the unicorn's nerves.

 No.616112

>>616108
Slade approaches the lavender pony, sheepishly.

"Uh… hi, I'm a new employee here." He says, his voice cracking slightly.

 No.616113

File: 1423447733461.png (559.27 KB, 1134x1034, 48636468_p0.png)

>>616109
The pink-maned unicorn tugs on her curly hair. "Missus Chocolate, they finished killing the bugs," she says, then looks back down at you. "Do we throw them out, or what?"
>>616110
The elderly zebra mare moves between Muffin Top the unicorn, slowly walking down the steps, looking at the damage through her squinting eyes. "Y'all are payin' for this," she says, waving her hooves, "We didn't set this place on fire, and I got sheets to wash tomorrow."
>>616111
"Who's Moonsoon?" The unicorn asks. The teen zebra stallion pokes his head around the doorframe. "Hey, y'all's van is gone," he says down to the three of you.

>>616112
The unicorn looks up at you, brushing a hair that got loose from her bun back out of her face, looking at you from hoof to ear. "I see," she says, closing her book, "Your voice made you seem older." She picks up her stool and book with telekinesis. "Follow me, please," she says, and leads you through the warehouse, past a recreation area, and over to a a velvet lined lightbox with a camera in front of it. "Stand in front of the camera, please," she says, "No smiling, this is for your employee ID." She looks down at the viewfinder, then up at you. "So what were you hoping to do here, Slade?"

 No.616114

>>616113
"Uhhh… kill bugs?" He says, not entirely sure how to reply, staring forward into the camera, hoping she doesn't take the picture while he speaks.

 No.616115

>>616113
"What?!" Wrangler yells, rushing past the unicorn and the zebras to check on the van.

 No.616116

>>616113
"Hey, miss it was all the bugs. You seriously should be thanking us they didn't do any REAL damage down there."
("Bitch I ain't paying for nothing! You should be kissing my paws right now for saving your stripped ass") she thinks to herself, hiding her annoyance.
"Wait what? Did Glossamer just ditched us?"

 No.616117

>>616113
"I think yer supposed to leave them where they are, " he says, leaning on his maul. "There's this company that comes around and - wait, what was that about the van?"

 No.616118

File: 1423448673255.png (926.08 KB, 1112x1022, 48599049_p0.png)

>>616115
Outside, you see the van missing, with just a less-wet spot on the pavement. Several tire tracks have been left behind, going down the street.
>>616116
As you try to weasel out of paying for her appliances, she looks over your suit. "What's dis garbage?" she asks, "You think you can make potion like we do?"
>>616117
"Yeah, just ask that dude who just went out," the teen says, "I just poked my head out to look, and it's gone. That was a sweet deco on the side, though, do all your vans have it?"

>>616114
She takes the picture as your mouth hangs open to say 'Uhhh.' "Good enough," she says, printing the picture out the side of the camera, on top of an ID card. She floats a pen over to you. "Sign your name in pen, please, over here, we've got more paperwork for you." She pulls a chair out for you on the opposite side of a desk with a typewriter, sitting down on the typewriter side to type something out. "What were you good at in school?" she asks.

 No.616119

>>616118
He signs his name, mildly annoyed at the picture taken. He signs his name, while pondering all the C+ grade he had in high school, trying to grasp for a passing grade he had. His first thought is his B in his Theatre Arts class, but he decides to not say that. After a short moment or two, he finally says: "I did pretty good in PE."

 No.616120

>>616118
"You gotta be kiddin' me!" Wrangler shouts, tossing his hat down onto the ground to signify his anger. 'I ain't got time for this, I gotta get back to the office.' He thinks to himself, picking up his hat before looking at the others "Looks like we gotta walk back to work."

 No.616121

>>616118
Rhanna scoffed. She was about to tell this Zeeb why she was wrong in so many ways that she would give up in her life of brewing…
but then, for once she remembered the work ethics. She couldn't argue with a client, as much as it would hurt her pride.
shr took a deep breath and spoke calmly.
"This, is my tool for this job miss, and while I know it cannot match your superior brewing skills, it does the job quite nicely."
She said trying to avoid her and heading outside

 No.616122

>>616118
He frowns in confusion. "Odd," he say simply before gathering his gear and leaving the house to see if the van really is gone.

 No.616123

>>616120
"Hey hey…what's the rush for dud-oh…right…the…date."

 No.616124

File: 1423449634244.png (544.51 KB, 600x800, 48622296_p0.png)

>>616119
"P.E., huh?" She asks, taking the paperwork as you sign on it, slipping it into a brown folder. "Well, you probably won't be getting any desk work, then. If you can operate a telephone and don't sniff hazardous chemicals, you're probably good to go." She stands up, going to a closet, and coming back with an orange jumpsuit in your size, along with a back tank and a nozzle attached to it with a hose. "Our phone number is on the inside of the collar," she says, "So when you get somewhere, you call us, and when you're about to leave, you call us. And if there's ever any trouble, you call us. Got it?"

>>616120
The cold rain splatters in your mane as you toss your hat on the ground.
>>616122
The van is indeed missing, with tire tracks left behind in its wake.
>>616121
"That's a load of hookah," the zebra says, "Big talk coming from a dog, too, tellin' me she know how to brew." She pffts in dismissal. "I'll call you guys again later, talk to someone in accounting who actually know what to do, an' I won't have to deal with an upstart pup like you."

 No.616125

>>616124
"So, just to be clear, if there's something strange, and it don't look good… Who do I call?"

 No.616126

>>616124
Wrangler picks his hat back up, taking deep breaths. "Alright Sling… just calm your nerves, walk to work… Tonight should make you feel better anyways." He says to himself, now heading back to the office by hoof.

 No.616127

>>616124
He wrinkles his nose in further confusion, following Wrangler's lead in returning to the office on hoof, singing quietly to himself. He makes a mental note that he has a bone to pick with the transport services of the company. "There's an inn, there's an inn, there's a merry old inn, beneath an old grey hill… And there they brew a beer so brown, that the Mare in the Moon herself came down one night to drink her fill…"

 No.616128

>>616124
She gave her a smile
"Thank you for calling Roach Rustlers ma'am. We appreciate your business." Rhanna said sweetly.

And once she got outside and out of earshot…
"Fucking…whiny-ass weed-munching monochromatic rhyming piece of shit!" She exclaims to her party members.
"I swear if I could just… Fucking grab that cunt by the neck, I would havr gone full cave doggy mode up her black and white ass and kick that fish market she calls a cunt so hard that she-mmnrrraaahh!… " most things after this were just senseless barking and a wide array of curses before she finally calmed herself down…
"…Goddamit I need a drink…"

>>616126
After her outburst of complaints she turns to him
"Yeah I really want to just get the Fucking paycheck and stuff my face with some ice cream at home…or get drunk…or both…"

 No.616129

>>616128
"I feel you, lass," he grumbles. "Could go for a good stout pint meself."

 No.616130

File: 1423450619726.png (650.85 KB, 1024x1280, 48407572_p0.png)

>>616125
"You call us, I just said that about three times," she says, furrowing her brow and scrunching her face up, sitting back down in her chair and tippa-tapping on her typewriter.

>>616126
>>616127
>>616128
You walk back to the warehouse together, rain beating down on you and soaking your jumpsuits, manes, and coats. As you arrive in the motorpool, you see Glossamer sitting at her desk and talking to a young stallion. She squints at the three of you, standing up and walking over to the chain link fence surrounding the step down to the motorpool. "What are you three doing here?" she asks, angrily, "Did you leave the job midway through the operation, or something?"

 No.616131

>>616130
"It was a joke…" He mutters to himself, and shakes his head, before silently turning to the new group.

 No.616132

>>616130
"We got ditched," he growls. "We stunned the buggers like we were told, and then Dandy drove off without us for some ungodly reason. We had to walk all the way back with no explanation." He crosses his front legs, shifting the weight of his maul about as he waits for some sort of explanation.

 No.616133

>>616130
Wrangler looks over at Glossamer, trying to give her a charming smile to cheer her up. "Sorry 'bout that Gloss. Dandy took off in the van just as we finished, making us hoof it back here. "

 No.616134

>>616129
"Yeah yeah…I'm definitely not wanting to work with zebras again…I guess I'll just go to a pub tonight…"

>>616130
"Dandy…she ditched us back there and such…ugh…so what else is there for us to do today? I wanted to calm down a bit after this terrible work experience…"

 No.616135

File: 1423451416203.jpg (466.49 KB, 900x1200, 48139544_p0_master1200.jpg)

>>616132
>>616133
>>616134
She squints at each of you, her mouth forming words, her voice not coming through until she goes back to her desk, picking up a newspaper and rolling it up, smacking each of you over the head with it, repeatedly. At first it doesn't seem like much, but the persistence and speed with which she smacks you with the newspaper starts to build up the hurt, and you're feeling like a gong getting beat with a hammer.
"Morons! Fools! In-competents!" she says, punctuating her strikes, "Nitwits, half-wits, nincompoops, dolts, dorks, idiots! WHY would she leave you all before your job was finished? WHY wouldn't you investigate her sudden disappearance? WHY wouldn't you CALL US!" She hits Wrangler especially hard with that one, up and down and across his snout, "WHY didn't you CALL US when you were FINISHED with a JOB and SOMETHING WAS WRONG! WHY would Dandybell leave early? Do you know she's not getting a pay raise for working with Moonsoon? That she has twice the work, but still maintains the perfect record she still had while she was working as an exterminator and secretary? WHY would she leave without you, and before the area has been cleaned up?"
>Rhanna, Cold Brew, Wrangler take 6 hits, helpless

>>616131
You watch the lavender secretary pony smack three of your coworkers relentlessly with a newspaper. It falls apart after a while, leaving her standing in front of the three of them. She turns back to you, angrily. "You, come over here," she says, "We're driving my car back to the scene, and we're going to find out what happened!"

 No.616136

>>616135
"Just like that? Already got worked lined up for me?" He says, eagerly hoping up from his chair, and following, trying to contain the excitement and anticipation welling up inside him.
"Should I get changed into uniform?"

 No.616137

>>616135
Wrangler stands back up, rubbing his snout. Pride hurt and feeling like an idiot he keeps quiet and follows Glossamer to her car.

 No.616138

>>616135
"OW. hey listen here we-Ow. We were ju-ow! I-I tried to-OW! P-please just l-OW! OKAY OKAY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY STOP THAT!" she said crouching down and holding her head. Hiding her face and trying to protect herself

 No.616139

>>616135
He blinks in surprise, rubbing his face and following Gloss to her car. "…Yes ma'am."

 No.616141

File: 1423452366699.png (752.72 KB, 768x1024, 47386709_p0.png)

>>616136
"Hop to it," she says, pointing at him, "We're not losing our best employee, if we can help it!"

>>616137
>>616138
>>616139
Glossamer goes back to her desk, pulling on a stylish clear poncho with a dragonfly button under her neck. "Stay here," she says, "I need to put tarp over my back seat so you all don't get it wet." She goes out to the parking lot, opening the door to her hot-pink 2-door sedan, pulling up into the motorpool and pulling a blue tarp out from the trunk, lying it all across the back seat. "You three, get in the back," she says, "New guy sits in the front. HE didn't abandon anyone today."

 No.616142

>>616141
He bites his tongue and pushes back the urge to retort that they were the ones that got abandoned and not the other way around, instead opting to simply do what he's told and sit in the back of the car quietly. "Yes ma'am."

 No.616143

>>616141
"Only my first day, and already receiving top marks on my work." He says to himself, quickly changing into the jumpsuit, then hopping in the van, wondering if he'll get the chance to punch things.

"So, whats going on exactly? Why the rush?"

 No.616144

>>616141
Rhanna silently got up. Facing away from her. But the tears in her face were clear. She sniffles and follows along. Getting inside the car and sitting in the middle. "Yeah sure…" she coughed as her voice cracked

 No.616145

>>616141
After getting in the back seat, wrangler sits in silence before leaning over to Rhanna and whispers "I got a feeling I might be spending my night at the pub anyways." He says, trying to cheer Rhanna up with the thought of having a drink at the bar.

 No.616146

>>616144
He frowns as he sees the look on Rhanna's face. Not knowing what to actually do when confronted by a damsel in distress, he reaches his hoof out and pats her on the shoulder awkwardly.

 No.616147

>>616145
"Y-yeah yeah…Just..have fun with that…after we're done with this I'll just go home and read something.." she said putting a hand in her chin. Her muzzle trembled a bit as if ahe was trying to hold back the urge to bawl.
"…Sorry…about your date…"

>>616146
She briefly turns to him.
"What?" She asked, her voice cracking a bit again.

 No.616148

File: 1423453079641.png (349.04 KB, 600x800, 47273090_p0.png)

>>616142
>>616144
>>616145
The tarp in the back of the car crinkles as you all sit on it. Glossamer puts the back of her seat up, getting in the driver's seat.
>>616143
"There's been a slew of mutant pests, like insects and other bugs," Glossamer says, pulling out of the motorpool and onto the road, turning quickly and loosely, somewhat dangerous considering the wet road, "Called Encroaches. We're contracted to be the only ones taking care of the problem, with support from a research and development company called Moonsoon. Dandybell works for them as a company liaison, and operates the radio for when the exterminators are on operations." Soon enough, she arrives at the house where everyone just was, stepping out and looking at the tire tracks that are still on the road, then looks back at them. "You didn't follow the tire tracks?" she asks angrily, "The only sign you have of where she went, and you didn't follow them?"

 No.616149

>>616148
"I just assumed she was heading back to Moonsoon and left us behind." Said nervously, hoping he wouldn't get a smacking from her again.

 No.616150

>>616148
Rhanna didn't bother to respond. She knew this was a question that she shouldn't aswer…because she knew she would always be wrong.

 No.616151

>>616147
Wrangler looks back at Rhanna. "Kinda my fault since I didn't call before heading out. You goin' to be alright?" He says, gently scratching behind her ear the way Rhanna likes it.

 No.616152

>>616147
"Come on now miss Rhanna, cheer up. We couldn't have known what was going to happen. After all this is over we can go get a few pints, eh? And don't let her get to you," he adds in a quieter voice so Gloss can't hear. "Er, take a sad song and make it better, and all that. Right?"

>>616148
"Yes… ma'am?" He cracks a sheepish grin.

 No.616153

>>616149
She glares at you from under the hood of her poncho, shaking her head slowly.
>>616150
"Rhanna, are you any good at tracking?" she asks, "Come on over here, help me with these, please."
>>616152
"Don't you smile at me like that!" she says, "Or I'll take that mace from you and spank you with it, I swear! Did you drink before clocking in, or what?"

 No.616154

>>616153
"It's a maul," he mumbles, clutching it defensively. He doubts she could even lift it.

 No.616155

>>616151
That got a giggle out of her
"S-stop that…Yo-ooh…a bit to the right yeeeah…right there…" her mouth opened a bit as she leaned against his hoof.

>>616152
Wrangler ear scratching and the offer of a good drink seemed to bring a smile to her face. "Y-yeah…I would prefer that…Thanks guys…Sorry I'm such a weirdo sometimes…"

>>616153
"Yeah…yeah sure…" she started brewing something that always helped her when she needed to find someone or something.
"Excuse me for a bit Wrangy…I got do a thing…"

>Spellbound. Survival: spot check rolls +3; create and forage for basic supplies like rope, bandages, tents, torches and low-quality meals

 No.616156

>>616155
>>616153
'1d10+3'

Roll #1 2 + 3 = 5

 No.616157

>>616155
"YOU'RE such a weirdo?" he parrots in disbelief. "Look around you, lass! "You've got a knight of yore on yer left and Cowboy Dan over here on yer right. We're all weirdos here. They've got more feckin' sea monsters in the Great Lake than they got the likes of us!" he lets out a short bark of laughter.

 No.616158

>>616157
She couldn't hold back a chuckle. "Hah…yeah you guys are weirdos as well…that's why I love this job…" she said ruffling his mane a bit.

 No.616159

>>616153
Slade wonders if he should speak up, or not, seeing as he is the new guy and has no pull here.

Then he realizes, 'who needs to think about things?' and just blurts out, before he ca stop himself, his mind not a factor in the poorly chosen words, he finds leaving his lips. "Don't you think you're being a little to harsh on them? All he did was smile."

 No.616160

>>616158
>>616157
Wrangler smiles. "Being eaten and having eggs shoved down my throat may be a con, but having you guys around makes it at least worth dealing with."

 No.616161

File: 1423455036076.png (368.14 KB, 600x800, 46777720_p0.png)

>>616154
"Oh, it's a maul, huh?" she asks, sounding suddenly sympathetic before sneering, "Does it fit up your ass?"
>>616156
You'll be able to follow the tracks, but you'll have to try to find them again after a while.
>roll again, success on 4 or higher
>>616159
She turns to look at you, glaring for a bit, but then sighing. "Slade, I don't think you understand, I'm pretty sure that the Encroaches used this as a diversion so they could kidnap Dandybell, or something," she says, "And the time we've lost means something bad could have happened in the meanwhile."
>>616160
She looks annoyed at your bonding, while she's worried about the wellbeing of Dandybell.

 No.616162

>>616161
"Well, you already beaten them into submission with a newspaper. And we're working on rectifying said mistake." He pauses to think.

"Although, if time is a factor… Nevermind. Is there anything I can do to make myself useful and speed along the process?"

 No.616163

>>616160
"Heh…I hope that doesn't turn into a fetish foryou now" she gently punches his shoulder to tease him

>>616161
She did her thing again
>spellbound blah blah blah survival yadda yadda
'1d10+3'

Roll #1 8 + 3 = 11

 No.616164

>>616161
Wrangler turns to Glossamer. "You may never know, they might be keeping her fresh and alive in order to lure us into a trap. We still need to be careful about this." He says, following Rhanna as she kept following the tracks.

>>616163
"Hey, you go through what I have and then you can start teasing me about that."

 No.616165

>>616164
"Oh you think THIS is teasing? Wrangy believe me, if Glossamer wasn't here then you would see some REAL teasing."

 No.616166

>>616161
He clutches it even tighter, meeting Glossamer's gaze. "You know," he replies, "we made a terrible mistake in not tracking down Dandy when we should have, and I think I can speak for everypony here when I say that we're sorry. But I'm quite curious to know what divine grace gave you the authority to treat us like piles of stinking crap," he replies quietly. "When was the last time you went and fought the Encroach menace yourself instead of sitting in your comfy little office pushing papers? Hm? WE'RE the ones that get the job done at the end of the day. Not you. Us. And you have NO right to be throwing insults at me, at Wrangler, and especially not at Rhanna. Look at her!" She points at the Dog with one trembling hoof. "You turned her into a wreck with your whackings and your tongue lashings, you… You BITCH. Do you… Do you even know what it's like to kill an Encroach? Do you know how hard it is for us to do our job? Do you?" He's trembling by now, forcing himself not to start shouting at the top of his lungs. "In the few weeks that we've been together, we've faced more shit than any pony would face in their entire lifetime, especially Wrangler. So show some respect, Glossamer, unless you want to find out whether this babe fits up your own arse." He slumps back into his seat, tired of all the bullshit he's had to go through today. He knows this'll probably get him fired, but he doesn't really care at this point.

 No.616167

>>616166
Slade coughs awkwardly, and rubs the back of his neck.

[sp]Also check'em[/sp]

 No.616168

>>616166
Wrangler puts a hoof onto his shoulder. "Brew… save that anger for crushing every single one of those encroach's skulls. Our top priority is stopping them before they hurt Dandy, not threatening a secretary." Wrangler says, trying to help contain Cold Brew's anger for the encroach.

 No.616169

>>616162
"I dunno, are you any good at tracking? Do they teach it in PE nowadays?" she asks, giving you a smile.
>>616164
"Well… I hadn't thought about that," she said, "They are bugs, after all, they could be pretty vicious besides a basic intelligence that could let them formulate a plan like this."
>>616166
She looks at you, tears welling up in the corners of her eyes as she pouts in your direction, blinking them away. "W-well, we'll just have to see whether Dandybell's still alive," she says, "And then we'll see what to do about this. In the m-meantime, let's all d-do our jobs." She's started to gasp and stutter her words, with long pausing in between sentences.
>>616163
You are able to find the tire tracks much easier, leading down the road, and taking a turn, right, then left, then right again, past an opened cover into the sewers, and then right and into an alley between two buildings. The van is crashed into the corner of the side of a building and a small staircase. The top is ripped open like a tin can, the left doors ripped off. Dandybell looks back at the open sewer cover. "I'll call Moonsoon," she says, going over to the van and looking at the radio, trying to figure it out, "You all go in that hole and look for Dandybell!"

 No.616170

Wrangler sighs as he moves over to the sewer hole. "Great, the sewers… Can't be any worse than a bug's stomach." He says, climbing down into the sewers.

 No.616171

>>616166
Rhanna remained silent. Although she felt an immense happiness for his friend defending her

>>616169
"Ah fuck this is not good…" she cringes at the scene
"Yeah let's go find her… you three. Drink this." She said making three survival potions
>Spellbound you know the thing

 No.616172

>>616169
"Yes ma'am."

>>616170
"Uhhh… something I should know about?"

 No.616173

>>616171
Before entering the sewers, Wrangler takes the potion. "Thank ya"

>Drinking Bolster potion.


>>616172
"All you gotta know is try not to let queens get a hold of you… not a pretty sight."

 No.616174

>>616173
"Right… I'll see to it that doesn't happen."

 No.616175

>>616168
"Oh, you beat I'm going to smash them into gruel," he snarls, glaring at Glossamer the whole time.

>>616169
He snorts. "Spare me the crocodile tears, mare," he says as he hops out of the car and goes to investigate the crash. As he does so, he spins around and points at Glossamer again. "Remember this. I am Cold Brew of Dumbarton, and I will not put up with anypony's bullshit." With that, he gets to work searching for any signs of Dandybell.

[1d10] Perception

>>616171
As he leaves the car, his expression changes from a surly frown to a warm smile. "Feeling better, lass?" he says as he takes the potion with a nod of thanks. "Like I said, I'm not going to let anypony boss us around. Unless it's Grub."

>>616172
"Aye, you don't want to know," he calls as he begins his search. "I wasn't there meself, but Wrangler was, and he told me all about it, and now I'm telling you that you don't want to know." He shudders involuntarily.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.616176

>>616175
"Heh…yeah thanks man…Let's head down to drink after this aight?"

 No.616177

>>616176
"You know it!" he says, raising the potion in a mock toast before swigging it.

 No.616178

File: 1423457902346.png (272.75 KB, 1220x850, Sewer Level.png)

>>616171
>brewed 3 Survival Potions
>One for Cold Brew, Slade, and Wrangler
>>616170
The water runs over the edge of the hole as you climb down the ladder, to a round, grated floor piece. Rainwater drops past the grate and into a small pool below you, running down a tunnel. Your ears are filled with the sound of rushing water.
>>616172
You follow behind Wrangler, dropping onto the grate with him.

There are small lights on the tunnel walls, flickering on and off. There are tunnels on the east and south of the chamber you're standing in.

>>616175
There aren't any more obvious signs, besides what happened to the van, but the open sewer hole is the only thing left to try for.

"Alright, everyone," Glossamer says over the radio, "I sent a signal to Moonsoon, they should be coming over, soon. There are sewer plans in some of the utility drawers in here, and I found the one for this block. The system you're in is a small one that generates electricity when it's raining. There's a bigger chamber east of the entrance, where the water pours in and turns the generator, and the generator room itself is in a room that's one chamber south, then two east. You're going in blind, here, so be careful, and make sure Slade stays close to you!"

 No.616179

>>616178
"Yeah, new guy here does't even know how to operate the bug juice, so I'll just probably punch bug to compensate until I get training for that." He says.

"So where are we heading?"

 No.616180

>>616178
"Right… Alright, I'll take Rhanna towards the east. Brew, Slade, you two head to the north chamber. We still have our Trotties from the last job so we should be able to stay in contact." Wrangler says, heading for the D area.

 No.616181

>>616178
"Got it," he replies before trying to decide which way to go, pulling up his eye patch so he can see in the dark more easily.

>>616180
"Sounds like a plan," he shrugs as he begins to head towards C.

>>616179
"You, come with me. Yer new around here, so you'd do best to stick around. Just yell if you see anything with more than four legs."

 No.616182

>>616180
I'll show you to the D area~


>>616181
"Aye aye." He says, following Brew. "Names Slade, by the way."

 No.616183

>>616182
"Cold Brew," he grunts in reply, "but I think you caught that already."

 No.616184

>>616178
"I got it."
she yawns a bit
"Okay so…where we head off to first you guys?"
She heated up her suit again to get ready

>>616180
"You got it!" She started brewing more stuff for hef party.(assuming everyone drank their potions)
>SPELLBOUND BULLSHIT. Bolster

 No.616185

>>616183
"Right. Nice to meet you. Here's hoping facehuggers don't eat the jelly from our eyes."

 No.616186

>>616184
>Cold Brew and Wrangler have drank their potions
>Bolster synthesized
>>616180
You go East, through the massive central chamber, where a giant rod sticks out through the grate. As the different tunnels pour water into the central chamber, the water turns paddles connected to the underside of the steel rod, turning gears on the top of the ceiling, where the energy is presumably transferred to the generator room. You arrive to the smaller chamber, where more water pours out through the ditches in the street to fall down through the grates some more. The door to the generator room is at the end of a solid-floor tunnel to your right.
>>616179
>>616181
The two of you arrive in a chamber the same size as the last one, where dirty water pours through a spout in the ceiling, the water split between the two tunnels going north and east.

 No.616187

>>616186
He removes his eyepatch to be able to see better in the dark, peering around the chamber for anything unusual.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.616188

Wrangler begins to carefully head towards the door to the generator room, turning on his trottie. "Rhanna and I are heading to the generator room right now, nothing special so far…"

Wrangler looks around for anything suspicious as he heads for the generator room.

[1d10] Search

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.616189

>>616187
>>616186
Slade does the same, just following the lead right now.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.616190

>>616187
>>616189
Slade finds three round, slimy objects with a ribbed texture stuck to the underside of a grate, in Cold Brew's blind spot.
>>616188
You see the blue door metal door has been violently dented near the hoofdle.

 No.616191

>>616186
She gave a potion to Wrangler and drank one herself.

She followed wrangler and did nothing special aside from that

 No.616192

>>616190
Wrangler takes the potion Rhanna gave him and drinks it before trying to open the door to the generator room quietly.

 No.616193

>>616190
"Hey, any idea what these are?" He says, pointing to the objects.

 No.616194

>>616190
>>616193
"What are what?" he asks, turning. He scowls as he sees the objects. "Get back!" He scampers to the other end of the chamber and radios in to Rhanna and Wrangler. "Heads up, lads. We've got eggs," he says simply before turning to Slade. "Alright, here's the plan. I'm going to see if there's any more of these in the next room, and you stay right here and watch that they don't start hatching. If they do, squash them. Got it?"

 No.616195

>>616194
>>616192
"Hey…you heard Cold…should we go back?"

 No.616196

>>616194
"Why not smash them right now?"

 No.616197

>>616191
>>616192
Looking into the generator room, you find two large turbines spinning, with Dandybell stuck to the corner with webbing, as well as what looks like a giant spider hanging from the ceiling, just in sight from where you're standing.
>>616194
You make your way east to another similar chamber, where you can see Rhanna and Wrangler's backs.
>>616196
Glossamer comes on the radio. "Because the pupae inside are psychic," she says, "And if you kill them, then they send out a warning signal as they die, telling the others in the area that they're in danger, so they all start hatching rapidly.>>616194

 No.616198

>>616197
"Point taken."

 No.616199

>>616197
"Guys… I found Dandy, but we can't just go rushing in to save the day with those eggs out there. Cold, you go watch those eggs. Slade, you go with Rhanna and search for more eggs, I'll stay here and shoot the spider in here if it goes for Dandy." Wrangler says, readying his hoof-cannon.

He also looks around the room before gazing back at the spider.

[1d10] Search

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.616200

>>616197
"Ahoy!" he calls to Rhanna and Wrangler. "Found any eggs yet?"

>>616199
He furrows his brow. "You sure? I was going to see if there's any eggs here, but if you say so." He does a quick check of the room before heading to reunite with Slade.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.616201

>>616197
Her eyes widden at the giant spider
"Oh fuck everything…"
She prepared a potion for herself
>Spellbound. Stealth.
And drank it

>>616199
"Wranngler..dude…I'm not leaving you alone here…last tine I did you ended up eaten…"

 No.616202

>>616199
You satisfactorily find that there aren't any eggs in the room, just Dandybell and the spider.
>>616200
You don't find any eggs in Chamber D.
>>616201
You brew a clear, swirly potion capable of granting stealth.

>No eggs found in A, phase 0

>No eggs found in B, phase 0
>Eggs found in C, phase 4
>No eggs found in D, phase 2
>No eggs found in E, phase 0
>No eggs confirmed in Generator Room

 No.616203

>>616201
Wrangler looked Rhanna directly in the eyes after scanning the room. "I ain't goin' nowhere, pup… I'll stay right here until you get back. 'Sides." He paused, giving her a smile. "I still gotta buy you that drink."

 No.616204

>>616202
"I guess I'll stay here with the eggs then?"

 No.616205

>>616202
>>616204
"Right you are. Remember, any sign of movement from them and you strike." With that, he moves to Chamber E and searches it thoroughly.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.616206

>>616205
"Alright then."
With that, he eyes the eggs, never taking his eyes off of them

 No.616207

>>616202
She drank it and made another onr for Wrangler.
"Here…drink it.."
>SAME AS BEFORE

>>616203
"Heh…yeah yeah I know that…Speaking of drink…you should drink this"

 No.616208

>>616207
Wrangler takes the drink and gulps it down. "Thanks… Now go look for those eggs, I'll let you all know when I'm engaging the enemy. Moment you guys hear a gunshot, head straight for the generator room."

 No.616209

>>616203
>>616207
The two of you both have a magic stealth potion.
>>616205
You don't FIND any eggs.
>>616206
As you stand still and look at the eggs, you can see the soft outer shells get pushed out from the inside, as something pokes out of them, then opened up. Three small beetles crawl out from the eggs, crawling on the underside of the grate.

 No.616210

>>616209
"Guys, I got movement. The eggs have hatched. What do I do?"

 No.616211

>>616208
"Nope. I'm staying and you can't stop me." She patted his head
"I don't care if it makes you upset, you ain't getting rid of me that easy"

 No.616212

>>616210
"Shit, leave the bugs be but keep track of where they go. Moment you attack those bugs or they notice you they'll tell the others to start hatching."

>>616211
"Fine, but make sure to squash every bug that comes our way when they hatch."

Wrangler turns his attention back to the spider and aims his weapon at it, ready to fire at it anytime he wants, picking up the trottie he says "We're going to get Dandy out of this, and we're going to squash every single one of these bugs."

[1d10] Inspire.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.616213

>>616209
>>616210
"I bloody told you what to do!" he growls in irritation as he gallops back to Room C. "Rhanna, Wrangler, heads up. It's happenning."

 No.616214

>>616213
she snickers
"It's happening…."

 No.616215

>>616212
"I'm eyeballin' them. They went on the underside of the grate."

 No.616216

>>616212
"Don't ya worry none about that. Just takecare of that spider for me because fuck…I hate spiders…"

 No.616217

>>616212
Your words don't offer any strong encouragement.
>>616213
You come to Chamber C, where the stag beetles have started climbing on the undersides of the grates, going towards Chamber A.

>hatched beetles at phase 2

 No.616218

>>616217
She made a particularly explosive mix
>Spellbound. Blast: weapon, recharge 1; your weapon lands with explosive force. This attack autocrits a specific type of foe, selected when the skill is learned. Hits all nearby targets on a crit.

 No.616219

>>616217
He groans in frustration. "Alright, we'll take care of these bastards and you two just focus on getting Dandy out of there," he says quickly, pointing at both Rhanna and Wrangler. Without waiting for the others' acknowledgement, he gestures for Slade to follow, takes his maul and starts swinging at the fleeing beetles.

[1d10+1] Cleave

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.616220

>>616217
Wrangler stares for a moment before a grin widens on his face. "Rhanna, get ready for an attack… Slade, Brew… get ready to take out some bugs, we're busting Dandy out while you two distract em and squash em"

Stealth shot roof spider.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.616221

>>616219
Slade nods and begins throwing punches at the beetles.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.616222

>>616218
>non-specific Blast brewed
>>616219
The three beetles are knocked off from the railing. As they fall into the water, they seem to be electrified, then die suddenly by explosion.
>>616220
The spider on the ceiling gets hit, falling down and twitching madly as it tries to recover.
>>616221
Your punches ring against the grate, but the beetles have already fallen and died.

 No.616223

>>616222
"We need to keep looking."

 No.616224

>>616222
Wrangler walks over to the bug. "Get Dandy down while I deal with this thing or any other bugs that come for us!"

He fires at the helpless bug in attempts to finish it off.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.616225

>>616222
>>616223
"Aye, good thinking. Go back and check near the entrance, I'll go take another look over here." He points for Slade to go to room A while he searches Room D for any more eggs.

[1d10] watch me get a 2 or something

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.616226

>>616224
The shot pierces through the center of the giant spider. It goes limp, and dies.
Dandybell is still stuck to the corner. Her mouth has been sealed with criss-crossing strands of web. She'll be unable to talk until it's taken away, but there seems to be two layers of the webbing around her body- one layer to tie her up, and a second to keep her stuck to the wall. Her eyes flutter open, then close again.

>pausing!

 No.616227

>>616222
>forgot to say it autocrits against arachnid

She picked the potion and threw it so hard at the faceof the spider that it almost slipped from her hand

 No.631641

Time for VD. Post your sheets.

 No.631642


 No.631643


 No.631644


 No.631645


 No.631646

Last time, the party followed the trail of the kidnapped Dandybell into the drainage sewers and hydrogenerators under the streets of Manehattan, finding her as well as several batches of eggs inside. With Glossamer on the radio, the water continues pouring down and rushing under the grates in the floor.
>>631642
>>631645
The two of you are in Room C of the the small complex, having just defeated a pair of nymph beetles. Room A is to the North, and Room D is to the East. Room A is the room with the ladder leading up to the streets, but you can see a shadowy figure up ahead.
>>631644
>name
>>631643
The two of you are in the generator room. As a dead spider lies on the floor, Dandybell is stuck to the wall, unconscious, though she moans as Wrangler attempts to free her from the webbing keeping her stuck to the wall.
>start

 No.631647

>>631646
"Alright Dandy, I got ya. We'll get you out here safe and sound."

>Attempting to free Dandy from the wall

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.631648

>>631646
Cooling my strikers for a moment, i wave at the figure and try to catch up to them.

"Hey, what are you doing down here? this place is a deathtrap!"

 No.631649

>>631646
He frowns as he notices the figure at the far end of Room A. He tentatively calls out, one hoof on his maul in case of trouble. "Who goes there? Don't you know there's critters down here?"

 No.631650

>>631646
>>631647
''Get her outta there already! We don't know if more of these crawlies from tartarus will show up…'' She holds her blast against arachnid potion close to her, keeping her eyes open for any threats
'1d10' checking these spots

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.631651

>>631647
Pulling the webbing keeping Dandybell stuck to the wall is a long, arduous process that leads much of it on your hooves. You'll have to do better if you want to free her.
>>631650
As you look around, you can here the sound of chittering and hoofsteps on metal coming from the hallway north, leading to room C. You see her before she sees you- a pink pony with a glossy chitin covering her back, with many little legs along the underside, approaching Wrangler as he attempts to free Dandy.

>>631649
The figure doesn't respond to you, as Gaétan head towards it.
>>631648
>Gaétan moving to Room A
You see the figure clearly, now, as it stands up on two long legs, with brown and black shells mimicking musculature- a bipedal cockroach Encroach, with a wide chest and powerful looking arms, its head looking like a Neighon samurai's helmet with antennae sticking out the top. At 'his' hip is a pair of single-edged swords with a wide hilt.
"You're one to talk," he says, as you come closer, his voice sounding like a deep chittering.

 No.631652

>>631647
>>631651
''Yo Wrangler! Behind you!'' She throws the potion of volatile explosive blasting energy at the pink pony
'1d10' potion tossing!

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.631653

>>631651
He scowls and draws nearer. "Oi, you cretin! Didn't you hear me? This place is dangerous! Git!"

 No.631654

>>631651
"Woah. You can talk?"

distracted for a moment, i quickly adopt a fighting stance, strikers heating back up to a bright red.

"I mean, 'Nice try, but you can't distract me! What's your business here?'"

 No.631655

>>631651
Wrangler turns to look at the pink pony again before letting out an annoyed groan. "You again? What do I have to fill out divorce papers to get rid of you?"

>Continuing to attempt at freeing Dandy

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.631656

>>631652
The potion misses, as the Centipede Queen rushes into the room, coming upon Wrangler.
>>631655
She comes upon you like a hawk, inches away as she leans her face in close to yours. "Oh don't be like that, pookie~ I know we can find a way to work it out. I'm sooorry you didn't want to keep the babies, it's really my fault that I went to third base on our first date…"
You're able to free Dandybell from the webbing. She falls into your forelegs, but as she does so, Centipink's second mouth thrusts out of her larger mouth like a tentacle fist, right towards your face.
[1d10]Cheap Shot

>>631654
"I'm not here for you," he says, drawing his swords, holding one reverse-grip as he points at the approaching Cold Brew. "It's him I'm after. I won't hesitate if you're in the way, though. You'll probably be delicious deep-fried."
>>631653
"Yes, it's quite dangerous in here!" he says, holding his arms out as you approach, "There are not one, but three Queens in here, as well I, General Messeroach. And with the four of you in here, too, well, that's a downright slaughter!"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.631657

>>631656
The mouth misses your face, instead clanging against the concrete wall. Centipink recoils, biting down on the smaller mouth and rolling on the floor in pain. "Ow, ow ow ow ow!"

 No.631658

>>631656
>>631655
''Uh…Something you wanna share with me Wrangler?'' She raises an eyebrown, idly making a bolster potion
>Spellbound yadda-yedlee. Bolster

 No.631659

>>631656
"Him?" i ask, looking dumbfounded.

"What do you need the tin pony over there for? Unless you've got a can opener on you i doubt you can crack him open."

 No.631660

>>631658
"I'll explain it later, for now let's just say she's my 'Ex-Wife'"

>>631656
Wrangler aims his weapon at Centipink. "As much as I'd like to stick around for another date… I have to get back to work."

>Whirlwind

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #2 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #3 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #4 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #5 1 + 1 = 2

 No.631661

>>631656
He blinks in surprise, but nods in resolution, looking the overgrown cockroach up and down. "…Alrighty then. Don't know what I did to piss in yer cereal, but if that's what yer here for, let's get to it. Enough chit-chat." He readies his maul and steps closer, making extra sure to crush a passing cockroach underhoof. That wasn't yer uncle, was it?" he quips as he cracks his neck, ready for battle. "I'm so sorry. Tell you what. You can have the first swing. Just try not to do something stupid."

 No.631662

>>631660
You whirl past her on the first strike, bouncing harmlessly into the wall with Dandybell having swung around onto your back, as if by magic.
>>631658
It's brewed in an instant.

>>631659
"I feel a kindred spirit with him," he says, looking right at Cold Brew, "I feel that he among you is the strongest. We are the perfect match for each other."
>>631661
As you step on the roach, a beat passes, then he begins laughing. "Hahahaha! There's no relation between myself and that creature! Would you find me a squirrel, so that I may crush it and we can be even?" He charges towards you, swinging his swords in a wide arc, enough that Gaétan is within the swinging range as well.
[1d10+1] Weapon Flurry/Cleave/Talent gives +1 to attacks with multiple targets.

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.631663

>>631662
The swords cut into both Cold Brew and Gaétan, drawing blood and flinging it against the concrete walls in an arc. "It begins!" He cries out.

 No.631664

>>631662
"Rhanna, let's get out of here!"

Wrangler then makes a mad dash out of the room, heading straight to the entrance through the other rooms.

>Running to the entrance with Dandy

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.631665

>>631662
>>631664
''Use your potion, dumbass!'' She says as she downs it, becoming invisible

 No.631666

>>631665
"Not going to work out too well when I'm carryin' somepony else!"

 No.631667

>>631666
''Shoot you're right'' she runs to the entrance with him, but staying behind him so the pink pony arachnid would have to run through her first before getting to him

 No.631668

>>631662

Flinching from the strike, i recover my footing and rush towards the open encroach, Strikers jetting steam as i throw the punches forward.

"Alright then, my turn you damn bug!"

[1d10+1] Melee, Left
[1d10+1] Melee, Right

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 5 + 1 = 6

 No.631669

>>631667
>>631665
also rolling
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.631670

>>631662
>>631663
He barely notices the cut, looking over to Gaetan to ensure he's relatively unharmed. "That was something stupid." He stands firmly between Messeroach and his griffon companion, letting out a battle cry and he brings his mace down with as much force as he can muster.
>activating Protect on Gaetan
>[1d10+1] Blast

>>631668
He scowls. "Gaetan, no. Leave this sports page smear to me."

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.631671

>>631670

"And leave you alone down here? Like he said, four queens!"

 No.631672

>>631671
"At least let me handle this one myself. You heard the gentleroach, it's me he's after. I don't want anyone else getting hurt, and you've had more than enough beatings in this job. Now git!"

 No.631673

>>631665
You turn invisible thanks to your Stealth potion.
>>631666
>>631667
As you approach Room D together, there's someone already waiting for you- a green Encroach pony, with a grasshopper shell on top of her body, with large red lenses over her eyes, a red scarf tied around her neck. "There's my delicious meal!" She cries out happily as she sees Wrangler, "Heeey~ I bet you don't recognize me since I got smaller."

>>631668
Messeroach parries your left fist with his sword, nicking into it with the edge as he takes the right fist as a body blow.
>>631670
As you swing your mace at him, he drops his swords, the hilts catching in the grates as the blades slip through, catching your mace with his bare hands. His legs buckle under him, it seems, but then he leans back, pulling on your mace and bringing you with in a sort of extended suplex. Picking up his swords, he attacks the both of you in a whirl of blades.
[1d10+1] Weapon Flurry Cleave

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.631674

>>631673
>Gaétan Protected
>Cold Brew takes 5 hits from the crit fail, and 4 from Cleave
Cold Brew is cut along his stomach as he hits the wall from the momentum of the suplex. Messeroach turns to face him, looking down with a sneer. "Come on, now! Where's the strength I expect from you?"

 No.631675

>>631673
>>631666
''Wrang, psst…I'll distract her, run away with Dandy'' She whispers

 No.631676

>>631672

"Still want to fight this alone?" i ask, raising an eyebrow. "It's gonna take more than a mace to crack that shell!"

 No.631677

>>631673
"Great and now there's a second one. Come on Dandy, let's get outta here!"

>Inspire

[1d10]
>Running away to the entrance.
[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.631678

>>631673
>>631674
He uses his weapon as a prop to pull himself back up. "Just getting warmed up," he retorts with a lopsided grin.
[1d10]

>>631676
"Are ye deaf or something? Get out."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.631679

>>631677
>>631674
Rhanna was amazed with Wrangler speed. Considering he was carrying somepony already as she tried to catch up
'1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.631680

>>631678

"hmm… Fine!"

>>631673
dropping my stance, i make a run back towards the previous hub room.

>>631678
"Give that bug hell, you crazy horse!"

 No.631681

>>631675
>>631677
Wrangler hothoofs it through the sewers with Dandy on his back, enough to lift everyone's spirits as they see him get outta there with the mission complete.
On the street surface, Glossamer opens the door to the van. "Wrangler! Over here," she says hurriedly.
>Everyone gets a +1 to roll next turn
>>631678
>>631680
Wrangler runs right past you with Dandybell on his back, as Cold Brew lifts himself up on his mace. "What, was that the hostage?" Messeroach asks angrily, "Dammit, what were the queens doing if they let him run away like that?"

 No.631682

>>631681
Wrangler rushes over to the van, helping get Dandy into it. "You two get outta here! We gotta clean this place out. If you stay here they'll just ambush you again so get back to HQ!" Wrangler then rushes back over to the entrance, checking it to see if Rhanna made it to the entrance or not.

 No.631683

>>631681
He lets out a short bark of laughter before swinging at Messeroach again. "I thought your lot were supposed to be competent!"
[1d10+2] Blast

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.631684

>>631682

Kicking up water as i slow down, i quickly turn and try to keep up with them as they move.

"Hang on there, what's going on!"
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.631685


 No.631686

>>631681
>>631681
She NOPE-ed her way out of there in a rush, running to the van
'1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.631687

>>631682
"Um, okay," Glossamer says, surprised at being told what to do at first. You don't notice her leaning forward for a kiss before you run back to the sewer entrance. You see Cold Brew and Gaétan in combat with a roachman.
>>631683
The mace catches Messeroach's chest, as he gets flung back into the wall, much like you were just now. He wrenches himself free, his eyes blazing like fire. "MUCH better!" he says, before running at you and swinging both swords.
[1d10]
[1d10]Dual Attack
>>631684
>>631686
Together you're able to get out of the sewer entrance, as Glossamer drives off with Dandybell in the van, meeting up with Wrangler at the street-side entrance to the sewer.

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 7 = 7

 No.631688

>>631687
Messeroach's first attack misses, leaving him open while his other sword nicks into Cold Brew's shoulder.
>Cold Brew takes 2 hits

 No.631689

>>631687
>>631686
>>631685
"We gotta head back in, as much as that's probably a bad idea… if we don't take these queens out now, they're just going to get stronger. We have to make sure this entire place is cleared out. Who's with me?"

>Inspire

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.631690

>>631689

"Yeah, i don't know if anyone told you, but there are three queens down there! We'd need an army to take these things down!"

 No.631691

>>631690
"Oh I know… I've seen two of them already. But we have to get rid of them, they told us they just constantly evolve. Longer we wait, stronger they get."

 No.631692

>>631691

"Should we at least call for backup? You do remember the last time we tried to fight one queen, right?"

 No.631693

>>631687
>>631688
He flinches at the attack, but shrugs it off and takes advantage of the opening to make a riposte. "My reputation precedes me, I imagine," he mutters, more to himself than to his opponent.
[1d10] Counter attack
[1d10] Regular attack

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.631694

>>631687
>>631689
"You can't see me but I'm absolutely ready to kick some ass. Use your Potion to get a nice surprise attack with me too!" She barks up
>>631692
"Maybe those aren't as strong as that one yet!"

 No.631695

>>631692
"Don't you think we would have when we first left to get Dandy? Look I'm done wasting time. Either you head in with me or not."

>>631694
"Right, let's head in!"

>Using invisibility potion while heading back into the sewers.

 No.631696

>>631694

Sighing, i adjust the grip on my strikers.

"Alright, fine. We'll have to find some way to lure them out one at a time, get through it quickly and with minimal injury."

>>631688
Following behind Wrangler, i keep an eye out for any of these queens as we move.

 No.631697

>>631695
>>631696
Rhanna follows along
"also, use this" She hands gaetan the bolster Potion
"drink it now"
>heading back with the other two

 No.631698

>>631697
>>631693

swirling the container for a moment, i down the contents before moving on.

 No.631699

>>631689
Your words fail to do anything more than they normally could.
>>631693
Despite the wide opening, your mace swings past him, though you're able to hit his foot. "I was told there was a big one in the crew that was attacking our new soldiers! I can't imagine who else would be the one for me to fight!"
[1d10]
[1d10]Dual Attack
>>631695
You're now stealthed.
>>631698
You feel ready to bounce back up at a moment's notice.

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.631700

>>631699
Messeroach messes up for sure this time, as he runs right into your mace, allowing you to lift him up and throw him down onto the grate.

As Gaétan, Wrangler, and Rhanna come back down, Centipink comes into the chamber, along with the grasshopper queen, and a third one coming from room E- this one with a carapace like a beetle, with a single large rhinoceros beetle horn protruding from her head. "Well well, looks like it's four on two, now!" Centipink says, "Mai husbando's coming with me after this is done~"

 No.631701

>>631700
"Well, forget about the taking out one by one plan…" She says, brewing potions of healing
>spellbound blah blah. Distill life

 No.631703

>>631699
He raises his eyebrows. "Big? Me? You must have the wrong pony." He swings his maul again in an overhead slam.
[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.631704

>>631699
>>631700
Wrangler takes aim at the queens. Firing at them.

>Whirlwind

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #2 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #3 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #4 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #5 1 + 1 = 2

 No.631705

>>631700

"So much for one at a time…"

Adopting a fighting stance, i rush towards Centipink, aiming for a pair of quick blows, strikers whistling with steam.

"If you think you can just walk away with Wrangler without a fight, you've got another thing coming!"
[1d10+1] Melee, Left
{1d10+1] Melee, right

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.631706

>>631705
>>631700

whoops
[1d10+1] melee, right

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.631707

>>631701
>3 health potions brewed
>>631703
Messeroach catches the mace, swinging you over onto your back and using the momentum to get right back up.
>take 5 hits, helpless
>>631704
"Aaaah!" The three Queens scream like teenagers as you fire on them.
"You jerk!" the grasshopper queen shouts at you, making a punching motion that blasts a burst of air towards you.
[1d10+2]Fists of Fury/Ranged
At the same time, the beetle queen fires a volt of electricity at you.
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]Storm Volt
>>631705
Your left fist connects with her, as she retaliates angrily.
[1d10]Cheap Shot

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #3 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #4 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #5 8 = 8

 No.631708

>>631707
A blast of air blows past Wrangler's head, making a hoof imprint into the concrete wall, before he's zapped by several shocks. The last one, however, seems to short circuit and zap her right back. "Rainocera, you got too worked up," Centipink says, turning away from Gaétan after punching him in the shoulder.
>Wrangler takes 3 hits
>Gaétan takes 3 hits

Suddenly, a plumage of flame fires into the sewer from the entrance, as several of Moonsoon's jumpsuit wearing agents drop in, blasting fire at the queens and Messeroach. "Aw no, cheese it!" Centipink says, as she and the others bail into a purple portal that appears behind them. "Dammit! I'll get you next time!" Messeroach shouts at Cold Brew, as he follows behind them. Many more of the Moonsoon agents drop in, fanning out and heading down the tunnels, seemingly ignoring the party. The last one that drops in is a green unicorn mare, wearing a lab coat, a brown turtleneck, and a black skirt under a rain slicker. "Hello! You must be the exterminators from Roach Rustlers," she says, "We're here to bring you to Moonsoon for a debriefing."

 No.631709

>>631708
Wrangler sighs. [Great, just means she's going to cause me trouble down the road again.] He thinks to himself.

"Well, at least you had great timing. You guys wouldn't happen to have something to patch us up would you?" He asks, heading back topside.

 No.631710

>>631708

"Huh."

lowering my guard, i watch for a moment as the agents march down the tunnel.

"That was unexpected. Good timing, at least."

 No.631711

>>631707
>>631703
"You, take this!"
>handing one of the distill life potions
>>631708
Getting suddenly broken off the combat mood threw her off. Rhanna looks at the cute mare with a bit of confusion
"thanks for the rescue, I guess… Too bad they escaped though. Never figured those bugs could use portals as well…"
>>631709
She slaps the back of his head
"did you forget I'm here?" She smiles down at him, offering a dark blue Potion

 No.631712

>>631707
>>631708
He scowls, reluctantly holstering his maul as he watches Messeroach retreat. He simply nods to the Moonsoon representative, grumbling obscenities under his breath.

 No.631713

>>631711
He only smiles and laughs "You may get the job done but your cooking still sucks." He then takes the potion to drink it.

 No.631714

>>631709
>>631710
>>631711
>>631712
Together, the green unicorn brings everyone up into a white van, driving down the roads, getting to the familiar territory with Moonsoon's headquarters. "Now, I'm sure you've got some questions," she says, "But the problem is, we don't really have a lot of answers~ Thus far, we can be certain that this is a small-scale invasion force, or at least an expeditionary or scouting operation being carried out by the Encroaches." At this point, the van comes into the underground garage, going down a long, one-way hallway that finally leads into what looks like a lounge- with a rotating parking spot in the middle. There's several couches, chairs, and tables around, as well as a kitchenette. "Make yourselves comfortable," she says, "Bathroom's over there."

 No.631715

>>631714
Hopping out of the van, wander over to the Kitchenette, looking around the room for a moment, before grabbing something quick to eat and taking a seat on a nearby couch.

"Beats trudging through a sewer, at least!"

"Still, that whole operation went south fast, but we got Dandy out safe."

 No.631716

>>631714
"Well… It ain't a hospital room so that's a change of scenery for me."

>>631715
"I just hope Glossy doesn't think we're dead."

 No.631717

>>631713
"Ah go choke on some rocks will ya? Actually no… I want to know why that queen called you her husbando. Is that related to the incident with the bug eggs that got inside you?"
>>631714
"Yeah we got a few. But first, what's your name?" She takes a seat and relaxes her tired legs

 No.631718

>>631716
"They'd let her know we're here, right?"

"…Unless this is some kind of surprise 'retirement'."

 No.631719

>>631714
"Thank you kindly," he says to the unicorn before heading to the bathroom and washing his face and beard of all the grime and blood. After this, he heads to the kitchenette to see what food and drinks are available, mumbling incoherently about Encroach fucking shits.

>>631716
"I'm sure they've told her we're safe. No reason to think otherwise, really."

 No.631720

>>631717
"Well… Before I got assigned to this group I went to a house on my own. Residents were already killed and Centipink was there… Next thing I know I have eggs forced into my gut. Then I see her again after being half digested by the Grasshopper one." Wrangler stops and shivers a bit.

"At least this time she decided to leave without giving me a kiss… Last thing I want from her is that. Granted I think she's the reason why the Grasshopper queen didn't just digest me completely… So as long as being her 'husbando' gives me a free pass to being eaten then I'm fine with it."

 No.631721

>>631720
"Ugh… That sounds like the most Fucked up romance novel ever written. Seriously dude, you don't exist"

 No.631722

>>631715
"Certainly," she says, "Miss Dandybell is currently in our operation room getting her stomach pumped and intestines extracted of parasites."
>>631716
"We could take you to our back-up operating room, if it'd make you more comfortable," she says with a laugh.
>>631717
"My name is Spring Fever," she says, "I was a lab technician, and I've recently been promoted to third-party relations, meaning it'll be my job to help you and the rest of Roach Rustlers take care of the Encroaches.
>>631719
You find lots and lots of ramen in the cupboard, as well as canned clam chowder. It seems someone picky must have picked out the food supplies.
>>631720
"You know, we've still got the eggs we pulled out of your belly, only we've preserved them so they don't hatch. It's interesting to have gotten a sample of Encroach/Pony DNA so quickly."

"Anyway, the point is that we'd like to connect with you, and to ask about how you've been feeling about our products that we've been supplying you."

 No.631723

>>631722
"I don't have to pay child support for them, do I?" Wrangler jokingly says.

"I did like using that heat ray I was given. Plus my skin is staying intact along with no eggs in my stomach… So yeah, I'm satisfied."

 No.631724

>>631722
Better than dumpster diving, he thinks to himself as he starts preparing some ramen. He's slightly disappointed at the lack of variety in drinks, but he takes what he can get. "Haven't touched them meself, but they seem to work well enough for the rest of this lot," he calls from the kitchenette.

 No.631725

>>631722
"assistance huh? We always could use help, really.
And about the products. Well, they have been doing their job. Nothing more, nothing less"

 No.631726

>>631722

"When we manage to get close enough to use them? Yeah, they're useful." I reply, stretching out on the couch.

"Other than that? If you've got some kind of 'bad luck magnet' to throw at them, that would be great."

"Seems like everything that can go wrong does so very fast with these missions."

 No.631727

>>631723
>>631724
>>631725
"Good, good, we're glad to hear it," she says.
>>631726
"Unfortunately, the quantum fortune applicator is still in the planning stages, so it'll be sometime before we're able to let you use it."

"Now, the real question we have for you, is if any of you have experience in complex mechanical operation? Things like, say, construction equipment? We're working on a small-scale combat unit in order to make fighting the larger queens easier, it's just complex."

 No.631728

>>631727
"Construction?"

sitting up, i flex my talon, moving the weapon attached in thought.

"I haven't built a building, but i did build these old gloves. Mind you, they aren't stable, but they work well enough."

 No.631729

>>631727
Rhanna raises her paw
"I believe we haven't introduced. Hello, I'm Rhanna, dog, alchemist, inventor and genius"

 No.631730

>>631727
"I'm just more of the guy you tell 'point at that thing and shoot it'. Although I'm pretty good with math."

 No.631731

>>631727
He takes his now-prepared ramen, takes a seat and looks at Spring in confusion. "I think I know some of those words," he says before eating the ramen.

 No.631732

>>631728
"Well, one of them would be ve-ry suitable for a griffon to use," she says, "With the pedals, the levers, buttons and things… and it has two legs, so if you're good at that…"
>>631729
"We'll talk later, then~"
>>631730
"Hmm, something simpler for you, then," she says.
>>631731
"The same for you…"

Spring Fever goes over to a wall, turning over a panel and pressing a large red button, causing the wall to lift up, revealing a garage of some sorts behind it. Inside are two large, mechanical constructs- one bipedal and very boxy, with what looks like half a bowling ball where a neck would be. The other was quadrupedal, shaped like a horse. "We're almost finished with them," She says, "We just need someone to test them out in combat."

 No.631733

>>631732
"give me the keys right now." Rhanna says as she stares intently at the machines, almost drooling
"I'll test those babies so hard, you have no idea"

 No.631734

>>631732
"So you want us to field-test these possibly dangerous machines in order to gain an edge over the Encroaches?"

"Can we fit these into tight spaces? the last few attempts to fight the Queens were in small tunnels and sewers."

 No.631735

>>631732
He looks at his companions. "Well, you can go ahead and have those gizmos blow up on you if you want. I've never trusted that fancy experimental crap, and I'm not about to change."

 No.631736

>>631732
"Considering I've gone to the hospital twice now, I think maybe I should wear one of these sets."

 No.631737

>>631733
"Well, not NOW, when there's a suitable place for combat," she says, raising an eyebrow.
>>631734
"Of course, that's what we've been doing already," she says, "And they won't fit in TIGHT spaces, but what's important is killing the queens when they're in their massive penultimate growth stage, before they shrink down to a more concentrated and powerful stage. That's what happened in the first major Encroach attack, when the military lost millions in damages, and just as much was lost in public property damage."
>>631735
"Don't worry, we won't force you to if you're not comfortable… or unable."
>>631736
"We're also working on a personnel-sized body suit for extra protection, much like our jumpsuits but more form-fitting and agile. That would be more up your alley… unless you're willing to take a three-week course on mechanical operations."

 No.631738

>>631737
"Yeah screw that, I'll take the form-fitting suit."

 No.631739

>>631737
"Have we located any of these Penultimate-stage Encroaches? Three queens have reached their final evolution, including Loverboy's pink friend."

"It's best we try and find any other sources of queens before they become problems too."

 No.631740

>>631738
"We're still working on that one, by the way. We'll get it to you once it's ready."
>>631739
"Yes, they're the ones that lay the eggs," she says, "Every one of those giant queens you fought was in the Penultimate stage."

 No.631741

>>631737
"I'd much rather stick to what I know. Like I said, if one of those malfunctions mid-fight the whole operation goes tits-up. At least I know she won't betray me," he says, gesturing to his hammer.

 No.631742

>>631740
"I know that much, i mean have we received any more report on new infestations? the sooner we can get back onto the field and do what we're hired to do, the less of a chance that another queen will evolve."

 No.631743

>>631742
"What he said. I'm keen to get back out there as soon as I can. Got a bone to pick with whatshisface."

 No.631744

>>631743

"That General? I warned you about fighting him alone, if you die to that bug on the job i doubt that'd reflect well on the company, you know."

 No.631745

>>631740
"Yeah lemme know when it's finished."

>>631739
Wrangler just rolls his eyes at the lover boy comment.

 No.631746

>>631744
"I can take him!" he protests. "Got plenty of good hits on him. He's a pansy. I've swatted tougher roaches with the morning paper."

 No.631747

>>631741
"Well, it's disappointing to hear you don't think the rest of the team can finish the fight," she says, "Maybe we'll let you take some time off."
>>631742
"Not today, no, but tomorrow's another day, and you all need some rest, you look terrible."
>Pausing!

 No.631748

>>631746

"And what if things go wrong? like that grain mill and the queen that ate Wrangler?"

"The only way we can survive against these things is if we fight together, Duels and heroic last stands will only get someone killed or worse."

 No.636252

File: 1437272359066.jpg (80.61 KB, 1440x1080, Cold Brew.jpg)

Call for sheets!

 No.636253


 No.636254


 No.636255


 No.636256


 No.636257

>>636253
>>636255
>>636256
That's enough for me.

 No.636258

File: 1437273608413.jpg (623.21 KB, 1200x1185, 51440179_p0_master1200.jpg)

It's been little more than a week since the kidnapping incident with Dandybell. She's been in the hospital since then, in a private room staffed by Moonsoon employees armed with what amounted to tasers on sticks, wearing those menacing white jumpsuits and hoods. "We'd like to host her at our own facilities," Spring Fever says(if you bothered to visit Dandybell), "But it turns out it'd be less expensive to keep her here, and it allows her friends to visit when they want."

With Dandybell unable to fulfill her duties, her role as Roach Rustlers' link to Moonsoon has been filled by Glossamer, who had to take several days of orientation of training in order to do so. By the end of it, she was back at Roach Rustlers, looking the same, but now with a Moonsoon jumpsuit that was just a few shades darker than her own coat. She got a new desk in an office next to Grubadug's, with a new batpony mare named Scary Berry occupying the old one.

Wrangler and Ranna have been going through the three-week course necessary to operate the robot. They've only been INSIDE it a few times, rather doing most of the training in a simulator. "It's cheaper this way," Spring Fever assures them, "And by that, I mean we don't have to spend time and money on parts and maintenance to fix it up after just being on moving around for an hour, AND until you get good enough to operate it normally, so you won't be crashing it accidentally." They've been steadily been getting better, after spending about 50 hours they're both considered to be as good as the general rookie WOULD be. Since they and Spring Fever are the only ones able to pilot it, they are technically the most experienced. So far, weapon training's been the Pile Bunker, an arm-mounted pneumatic device that fires a stake into the target at close range, for penetrating shells and tough exteriors, as well as a small hip-mounted gun for smaller enemies, and a knife for simple robot hand to insect limb combat.

As for the matter of the group abandoning Dandybell, they've all been suspended for eight work days. Since the robot lessons are Moonsoon-related and not under Grubadug's jurisdiction, Wrangler and Ranna have been the only ones with anything to do on the off-time. Fortunately, the bonuses from fighting the Encroaches have evened out so that they're not all broke and desperate for cash. Besides Cold Brew, who's squatting in an abandoned shop.

It's the morning after the suspension ended, meaning everyone's allowed to come back to work. It's a cold summer day, the clouds covering up the sun and turning the sky grey, but they're just not large enough to look like rain. Outside Cold Brew's squatting location, there's a white semi-truck with an extended sleeping cab parked, with Moonsoon's logo on the door. Sitting on the step and reading a magazine is an older-looking Earth Pony mare, with an off-white coat and green mane, wearing a pair of sunglasses up on her head and a white satin jacket.

 No.636259

>>636258

With my spray tank and fire retardant jacket strapped on, it's a slow walk to the Roach Rustlers HQ.

None too happy to be back on the job, i nod grumpily to Grubadug before making my way through the doors to clock in.

 No.636260

>>636258
Cold Brew quickly washes his face to look at least somewhat presentable before stepping out and greeting the mare. "Can I help you?" he asks, itching at his scraggly beard.

 No.636262

>>636258
With a few bandages wrapped around her arms due to a minor accident at home, Rhanna makes sure all the zippers in her clothes are sealed tight as she waltz towards the HQ
''mornin boss…'' She says with a drowsy yawn to Grubadug ''Looking handsome as always''

 No.636263

File: 1437275022645.jpg (193.73 KB, 791x1000, 51414661_p0.jpg)

>>636259
Grubadug lets out a wheezy growl of acknowledgement before sipping from his coffee mug, putting a paw on your shoulders to get your attention before handing you a clipboard reading thusly:
>From the desk of Moonsoon Head of Anti-Encroach Operations Spring Fever
>Today, you and your team will be traveling to the town of Schenickertady in order to perform an investigation and possible extermination over the course of the next two days.
>Expenses such as food and lodging will be paid for. Please wait at Roach Rustlers HQ to be picked up, upon which the transport vehicle will travel to Moonsoon to load up on equipment, and will then exit the city to beign the operation proper.
>>636262
You arrive shortly after Gaétan, and are given a sheet with the same information on it as he is.
>>636260
She looks up at you, turning her head to spit out some tobacco fluid. "Hey, I'm from Moonsoon," she says, "I'm here to pick you up for an extended operation or something like that, Fever talks too quickly for me to absorb the info proper." She stands up, offering a hoof out for a bump. Looking at her eyes, you notice her left one is a little off-center.

 No.636264

>>636263
She adjusts her glasses and reads it quickly
''Outside work eh? Sounds like a good time…I mean aside from having to deal with huge, disgusting, murdering mutant bugs that is'' She smiles at Grubadug, chuckling at her own joke
>>636259
She also slaps the back of Gaetan's head witha paw ''Aaaay Gaétan dude, I was almost forgetting your smell, how has things been for ya? Also you seen Wrang and Brew anywhere?''

 No.636265

>>636263
He takes a moment to process the information before nodding and accepting the hoof-bump. "Lead on then! Just one second though." He quickly dashes back inside, puts his armor on, takes a slice of last night's dumpster pizza and heads outside with his trusty maul in tow, ready to head out to work.

 No.636267

>>636263
Wrangler heads inside to clock in, looking around for Glossy since he hasn't had the chance to see her with all of his training.

http://pastebin.com/emwBKTVq

 No.636268

>>636264
Grubadug lets out a chuckle as you pass by, handing orders to Wrangler as he walks in.
>>636267
As you walk in, Grubadug hands you a clipboard with some orders for you, informing you that you'll be going to a town up north with everyone else for an investigation over the next two days, and to wait for the truck to pick you up.
>same as the others

>>636265
The mare's turned on the engine by the time you get back, with the passenger side door open for you. There's space for another pony in the middle of the front bench seat. Behind it is a small area with an unmade bed, posters of several handsome stallion models on the truck wall, and wrappers spread across the floor. Several rear view mirror-mounted air fresheners give the cab a leathery smell. "My name's Payload," she says, as the truck pulls out into the street, "Been driving twenty three years, working with Moonsoon just the past year. Get lots of paid vacay and off time, it's pretty nice."

 No.636269

>>636263

Eying the clipboard, i shrug, cracking my talons before sitting down in a nearby chair.
"So it's a field trip to find some more bugs?"

"I'm guessing limited support from Moonsoon, too?"

>>636264
"Hey Rhanna." I reply, turning my head to look at you.

"You seem upbeat. Guess that training with that robot has you ready to field test it?"

 No.636270

>>636267

"See you made it back in one piece, eh Wrangler?"

"That pink friend of yours hasn't tried to find where you live, right?"

 No.636271

>>636268
>>636267
''Oh hey, that's where you went. Been doing your homework with Brew like a good boy?'' She asks with a smirk
>>636269
''Oh baby you better believe I am at the uppest of the beats. Ooh to feel those handles in my paws'' She closes her eyes and smiles ''I can't wait to drive that thing and get it splattered a new coat of panting with bug's gore''
''And how have things been with ya? managed to fix stuff with your device thingy?''

 No.636272

>>636268
"Well… As long as I'm given the equipment to keep those bugs away." He says, looking over at Gaétan.

>>636270
"Thankfully she hasn't. Last thing I want is to open the sheets and see her face." He shudders a bit as he imagines that happening.

>>636271
"It's armor that keeps me away from bug rape, so yeah I've been doing plenty of my homework. How about you? Did they give you anything to put up your sleeve?"

 No.636273

>>636271

"Doubt it, but i'm getting closer to a fix" i reply happily.

"Seems like there's a problem with the heat stress on the components, half the pistons on these things were jammed when i got back from our last run in with the queens."

 No.636274

>>636272
''Oh I did some reading here and there, even did a few doodles and such on how I could implement my Auto-brewer in the Moonsoon, but I doubt they would allow me to do it. I even considered making one myself, but I couldn't get the blueprints either'' She sighs
''A bit of disapointment, really. but what can a girl do?'' She shrugs
>>636273
''Ah That happened to me when I was trying to make a portable flamethrower+Shotgun…A crazy crazy idea I had back then…Oh yeah I got kicked out just because copper pistons aren't as good as Iron…'' She muses, having a slight flashback

 No.636275

>>636268
"Cold Brew," he replies as he clambers into the truck. "Been working at Rustlers for a few months now. Can't really complain, it's a steady job. Plus it's fun getting to stomp some roaches with something other than the morning paper." He shrugs and yawns.

 No.636276

>>636275
"Yeah, you all seem to be doing alright with that," she says, turning and going straight down the road towards Roach Rustlers, "Haven't heard much bad besides localized damage and stuff like that."
>>636274
>>636273
>>636272
You're able to all talk to each other unmolested and uninterrupted
>>636272
Past the pushed-together desks of the secretaries, you can see Glossamer sitting at her desk in her office like a statue.

 No.636277

>>636274

"Yep, considering these things are mostly made from Lawnmower parts, you can imagine the damage if one jams."

Holding my gloved talon up, i pull the cord on the striker's grip, bringing the engine to a sputter ing start.

"The heat this gives off is fine if aimed away from me, but the exhaust port on the back was probably a bad idea." i continue, raising my voice over the engine.

 No.636278

>>636277
''Hmn…Yeah I have been breaking my head trying to find a solution to the drawback of exhausts…Say, do you use fuel for this thing? what kind?''

 No.636279

>>636276
Wrangler makes his way over to Glossamer's desk, stopping in front of it and clearing his throat. "Well, we have another job headin' north. Didn't really expect to be leaving town after getting here. Then again not a surprise for Mister 'In The Hospital Every Week'" He says with a bit of a smirk.

 No.636280

>>636276
"Well, it's not that hard. A trained monkey could kill most of these things. It's just a matter of pointing and spraying, I suppose. Or just squishing them, if you prefer the hooves-on approach." He gestures at his trusty hammer.

 No.636281

>>636278

"You'd think i'd find some miracle fuel for the engine, but no. Had to stop to grab some fuel for the engines, basic Gas, nothing too expensive."

"Wouldn't want to run out of fuel mid fight."

 No.636282

>>636281
''Hmn…You gave me a good thing to try when I get home'' She unzips one of the pockets of her suit and picks up a small notepad and a pen
''Alternative…Fuels…there'' She writes it up and puts it back
''I'll see if I can maybe find something on it

 No.636283

>>636279
The interior of Glossamer's office is somewhat uncanny- things like houseplants and picture frames are inside, as well as a small figure that looks remarkably similar to her, but it all seems strangely arranged. "I know, I got the fax and gave it to Grub to give to you," she says, looking up at him, "Did you visit Dandy in the hospital?"
>>636280
"Well, don't complain too much when you're replaced by trained monkeys," Payload says, as she pulls into Roach Rustlers HQ. "Stay here, I'll go get the other apes," she says, before going inside.
>>636282
>>636281
As you continue talking, you're approached by an older mare with an off-white coat and a mane the color of seaweed. "Diamond Dog gal, griffon kid," she says, pointing to each of you with a hoof, "I'm Payload, I'm here to pick you up." She pulls out a notepad from her jacket, looking at the front piece. "Where's 'dumb red cowboy?'"

 No.636284

>>636283

"I think he went to see Glossamer, over in her office." I reply, pointing a Talon vaguely in the direction of her room.

"And What do you mean by 'kid'?"

 No.636285

>>636283
"Only when I could. They had me stuck in Moonsoon to train on something, so most of my time was spent training and sleeping… Though I did take some time in the morning to stop by and check on her when she was recovering. Heard she got an office here too, though I stopped by to see you first…" He smiles a bit at her, hoping that choosing to see her first wasn't the wrong choice.

 No.636286

>>636283
''He's talking with his giiirlfriend'' She says doing a mocking voice at the end
''And my name is Rhanna, thank you very much''

 No.636287

>>636283
"Right you are." He sits tight in the truck and waits for his companions to arrive.

 No.636288

>>636284
"Ah dunno," she says, looking at him up and down, "You look legal to me."
>>636286
"Yeah, that's on the requisition papers, under 'cargo comments,'" she says, before going to Glossamer's office.
>>636285
"No, this was her office," Glossamer says, "It's mine now. She'll be working at Moonsoon now, doing something or other."
The office door opens behind you, and you're whistled at by an older mare. "Hey, cowpoke, I'm here to drive you and the rest of the inmates up north. Let's tango, sunburn."
>assuming everyone follows her back to the truck
The interior of the truck smells like leather from car fresheners. There's a big bench seat at the front, with a bed in a small area behind, with wrappers littering the floor and posters of handsome stallions on the wall. "One of you's gonna have to ride in back," she says, "Just brace yourself against the wall, it won't be a problem."
>>636287
Payload comes back soon enough, with the rest of the team in tow.

 No.636289

>>636288

Being the biggest of the group, i hop into the back of the truck, settling in for the trip.

"We're not going off road, right? Last thing i want is to be thrown out the back every third bump."

 No.636290

>>636288
She whistles
''I recognize some of these posters…'' She smiles, taking a good look at them before going in the front before scrunching up a little
''Goddamit I hate the smell of car fresheners…'' She groans
''They give me headache…''

 No.636291

>>636288
"Good to see you again, ladies," he says with a grin to the rest of the party. "How's everyone holding up?"

 No.636292

>>636288
Wrangler looks over at the mare before looking at Glossy again. "Well I better head out. If you happen to run into Dandybell outside of work, let her know I still promise to have that drink with her. You're welcome to join us too when I get back." He says before following the older mare.

Wrangler gets into the truck before looking at Rhanna.

>>636290
"Hey it's better smellin' than your place." He says, giving her shoulder a light smack with his hoof, smirking at her.

 No.636293

>>636291

"long time no see, Cold Brew! How's that tin can working out for you, staying in one piece?"

 No.636294

>>636291
''Sup Brew, I'm alright…just…Trying to handle this smell…ugh…'' She rests her head in her paw, looking a tad sick
>>636292
''Ugh…Fuck off…'' She whimpers as she gives you a rather painful jab back, either she exagerated on purpose or she wasn't feeling well enough to hold back her strenght

 No.636295

>>636294
He laughs a bit and pats her back. "Aw don't be like that, Pup. Your place is at least cozy."

>>636291
After teasing Rhanna a bit he turns to Cold Brew. "Well I wasn't sent to the hospital, so I'm better than usual."

 No.636296

>>636290
"Thanks, you've got good taste," Payload says with a sly smile.
>>636289
"No worries, babe, we'll be on the road the whole time, I've been to Schenickertady more than once. Just make sure you look forward so you don't see any dongs you wouldn't want to see."
>>636292
As you try to get in, you realize that there's not enough room for you, either. "Whoops!" Payload says, "I miscounted, I was thinking that there was four of you, and there's room for three of us up here, and one can sit in the back- but I forgot to count myself, haha! Get in the back."
>>636291
"Hey, hope you didn't touch anything," Payload says, waiting for Wrangler to join Gaétan in the back before setting off to Moonsoon, pulling up to the geometrically aestheticized white building, backing into a loading bay that doesn't seem to have been there previously. "Alright, kids, I'm gonna go hook up the trailer," she says, "Be back soon."

 No.636297

>>636295
''I…ugh…I was planning to clean it up a little…you wanna come over in the weekend to help out?'' She shakes her head and groans a little
>>636296
''Nah nah it's fine…I'll wait in the back, Wrangler is a bit smaller than me'' She says, joining Gaétan in the back

 No.636298

>>636296
He grumbles a bit before moving to the back with Cold Brew.

>>636297
"Sure, but we still gotta have that drink with Dandy, remember? After that I'll help you with your place."

 No.636299

>>636293
"As always. Haven't lost any bits of me yet, and I intend on keeping it that way.

>>636294
He tilts his head. "What smell? I don't smell anything."

>>636295
"Good. Apparently we've got a big job coming up now, so you'll need to be in one piece."

>>636296
"Nope, nothing. Everything's just as you left it, ma'am." He reclines slightly in his seat.

 No.636300

>>636298
''A-a…right…'' She takes a few deep breaths
''Just…goddamit this smell…''
>>636299
''The fucking…ugh…I just don't like the smell of car freshners alright? they make me sick…''

 No.636301

>>636296

"Wait, Dongs?"

confused, i try my best to look ahead as we drive.

[1d10] Not seeing Dongs(?)

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.636302

>>636300
"Oh, that." He sniffs slightly and wrinkles his nose. "I've smelt worse. Just stick your head out the window or something."

 No.636303

>>636302
''ugh…yeah I'll do that…Wrangler you can stay in the back, lemme just have the window…''

 No.636304

>Payload, Cold Brew, and Rhanna in front with Rhanna at the window so she can stick her head out
>Wrangler and Gaétan in the back

Payload comes back soon enough, with the trailer hitched to the back of the truck. "Alright, we've got our equipment, let's get moving," she says, starting the truck up and heading out. The truck leaves Manehattan after half an hour of traffic and travel, and soon it's out in the middle of the country, going past the legal speed limit, letting the green countryside and farmlands zip by, with the radio playing rad mane metal that's at least as old as Gaétan.

 No.636305

>>636304
Wrangler sighs a bit. "Why is this makin' me think of home so much…"

 No.636306

>>636304
Rolling my eyes at the mention of the 'Dongs' i kick back and get ready for the long haul, looking out at the countryside with interest.

"How far Is this place, anyway? Didn't think it'd be in the middle of nowhere.

 No.636307

>>636304
Feeling a bit refreshed, she sits back relaxing for a bit
''Man am I the only one feeling like the munchies right now? being sick made me forgot all I had for breakfast was an apple'' She comments before she hears Wrangler
>>636305
''Oh, getting homesick are ya?''

 No.636308

>>636304
"Isn't this Mastodon?" he asks, not really expecting an answer. "I remember I caught them live when I was younger. Best show I've ever been to. Wasn't expecting them to be actual mastodons either. Made the show even better."

 No.636309

>>636305

"Where are you from, anyway? Appeloosa?"

 No.636310

>>636307
"Hey I haven't seen my siblings in a few years, 'course I'm a little homesick."

>>636309
"Not quite Appeloosa. Though my family woulda fooled you with the way they acted. Everything was about family and you had to be a hard worker." He says, smiling a bit. "Wonder how they're doing now."

 No.636311

>>636310
''Pft, yeah…Try not seeing anyone from your family since you were a pup…'' She stares at the window, watching the fields go by, with a more serious look

 No.636312

>>636306
"Oh, about three hours," she says, reaching past Cold Brew to get at the glove compartment, lying in his lap as she fumbles the latch open, completely blind to what's going on on the road.
>>636307
The glove compartment pops open at Payload's fumblings, with several chocolate energy bars in the door. She pulls one out, then opens it up and chomps it down, sitting up properly.
>>636308
"Never heard of 'em, this is Britny Ox," she says as she continues steadily barreling down the road.

 No.636313

>>636311
"Honestly couldn't imagine that… Ever thought of looking up your family when you get enough vacation days? Maybe even send them a letter asking to see them again? Or… do you not actually want to see them?"

 No.636314

>>636311

"Missing your family too?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

 No.636315

>>636312
''Oh hey, that works'' She picks one of them up
''Hope ya don't mind…So…What's up with ya Payload? care introducing yerself more properly while we're on the way or are you not too keen on introducions?'' She asks, half chewing the energy bar
>>636313
>>636314
She Grumbles
''Nah, I haven't seen them in over 10 years, I think they really have forgotten about me, and I just don't give a damn about them at this point…I didn't had a great time with them either…But don't worry, I'll never forget them, even if I wanted to…My father gave me something that will make sure I'll remember them every time I look into a mirror…''

 No.636316

>>636315

"Oh jeez.." i mutter, looking away.

"Sounds like it's a sensitive subject. Forget i mentioned it, yeah?"

 No.636317

>>636315
"Hey I won't make you talk about it anymore if you don't want to. I mean we were just on the subject of family and all."

 No.636318

>>636316
''Mentioned what?''
>>636317
''Don't worry none, I won't like, cry or get all sensitve about this shit. I'm a big girl Wrangler''

 No.636319

>>636315
"I've been driving for twenty three years, started working with Moonsoon in the last year," she says, "I like handsome young stallions and cheap beer, especially when they're put together. I lost my right eye in a bar fight. This one's glass."

 No.636320

>>636319
''Huh, I like ya already then.'' She comments simply, not wanting to go beyond that as she simply enjoys the ride and the music

 No.636321

>>636315
While he was listening to the music on the radio, his face darkens and he purses his lips with rage at Rhanna's words. He says nothing, but is clearly outraged.

 No.636322

>>636319
>>636320
"Cheap beer and handsome young stallions? Hey Rhanna, I think we found your long lost twin here."

 No.636323

>>636322
''Oh I'm so gonna kick that what you call ass when we get down from here because of that'' She smirks
''Not saying it ain't true, but I'm still just gonna give your rump a good kicking because I can''

 No.636324

The ride gets longer and longer, the city far away in the distance, soon disappearing entirely from view. Eventually, the signs say that Schenickertady's getting closer and closer, until finally Payload turns off the highway and into town. "Okay, kids," she says, "Itinerary says we're to go to the church and graveyard where the supposed infestation might be, where you'll meet up with the cleric, and I'll start offloading junk from the truck."

The truck rolls down the streets, past a bunch of stone houses and dirt roads. It seems like a lovely little town overall, it'd be a real shame if something bad were to happen.

Eventually, the truck stops at the cathedral, a Gothic-style place with nice vaulted ceiling and a big round stained glass window on front facing side. The graveyard is quaint, but it starts raining as soon as they arrive. A few rows of simply-styled tombstones, with some more on a higher level, and a large statue of a saintly pony in strange-looking armor in a mournful pose. Payload gets out, pulling up the back of the trailer. "Guess we'll be working in the rain!" she says cheerfully.

 No.636326

>>636323
"Hey, not as bad as what my leg can do to your rump." He smirks a bit more, letting those words sink in for a moment.

>>636324
"Did you pack our suits in there?" He says as he walks over to the back of the trailer.

 No.636327

>>636324

Hopping out of the truck, i stretch for a moment before making my way towards the church.

"Great, hopefully we're clearing the inside of this place, The rain is going to get annoying fast."

 No.636328

>>636324
''Ah fucking hell I hate gettin wet!'' She grumbles as she rushes to get shelter in the church
>>636326
She stares back at him for a second before it hits her, she visibly holds back a burst of laughter before calming herself down
''Okay, I'll just not kick your ass too hard because that was good, not get to moving cowboy'' She gently kicks Wrangler in the backside, it felt more like she was just pushing him foward to the church with her leg though

 No.636329

>>636324
"Oh, seven hells." He hunches up in his armor to prevent the worst of it from seeping in and heads for the cathedral, grumbling angrily under his breath. Before he does, though, he checks out the statue, taking in the details and reading the info on its plaque (assuming there is one).

 No.636330

>>636326
"Yeah, everything's here," she says, pulling out a ramp, then going in and pulling out a long rack of metal, techy-looking poles. Inside, you can see Moonsoon's Prototype at the far back… which is actually just behind the cab. Hanging from the rack are four spiffy-looking new jumpsuits in white. "Oh yeah, did Spring Fever mention the colors to you?" Payload asks, "If you want a color assigned, just let her know and they'll make a new one."
>>636327
>>636328
The interior of the cathedral is nice, with a red carpet down the middle, well-made pews with velvet cushions, and stained-glass windows all along the wall. At the end of the row is a display with several treasures and icons, where a cleric in a hooded brown robe is carefully dusting them.
>>636329
In front of the statue is a plaque on a sign with words engraved into the bronze.
>Interred in this tomb is the body of the hero Kamuga, hero to us all
As you head in, Payload keeps unloading the truck, whistling to herself.

 No.636331

>>636330
''Hey, you. Are you sure you should be here? this area can be highly dangerous ya know?'' She shouts up at the cleric

 No.636332

>>636328
"Oi hey hold up, I still gotta get suited up."

>>636330
Wrangler takes up the jumpsuit for his size and looks at it. "Well… Might as well get it the same color as our coats, at least we'd be able to tell each other apart. So I'll just get mine in red." He then starts to suit up in both his jumpsuit and getting into his Mech. "Damn, I should come up with a name for this thing."

 No.636333

>>636330

"Hello? Roach Rustlers pest control, We got a call that you've got a bug problem." I say from the door, moving closer to the cleric.

 No.636334

>>636330
He waves at the cleric cheerfully. "Hello there. We're from Roach Rustlers. We were told you sent for us?"

>>636332
"What about Steven? Steven's a nice name."

 No.636335

>>636332
>>636330
She slaps her forehead
"Ah shit I almost forgot to get dressed for the job!"
She waits for the Cleric to reply before going back to the van to get her suit on

 No.636336

>>636331
The cleric turns towards you, pulling the hood back on the scarf- it turns out to be some kind of bizarre hybrid between a pony and a grasshopper, with large, bulging red compound eyes and sizable antenna. "Hmm? Who's going to tend to the church and heal the ponies if I'm not here?"
>>636333
"Excellent!" he says, walking towards you, smiling widely, "Your company called me earlier this week and asked about some events that happened a few years ago so they could do an investigation. You're the surveying team, yes?"
>>636334
"No, I'm sorry, you all contacted me."
>>636332
"Don't call it anything stupid," Payload says, "Spring Fever specifically told me that I should strike down any attempts for stupid names."

 No.636337

>>636334
"Well it needs something more… I don't know… Mech-ish. Though I'll put that on the list just because you suggested it."

>>636335
"That just means we'll paint your suit green so you won't forget next time."

 No.636338

>>636336
"Stupid? It's just a nickname so we know what we're talkin' about. Better than 'Moonsoon Mech Suit Prototype.'"

 No.636339

>>636336

"Yes sir! We're here to get an estimate on the damages and take care of the pest problem before it gets too severe."

"Now, where and when did you notice the infestation?"

 No.636340

>>636337
"…Steve-tron, then. Has a good ring to it."

>>636336
He instinctively readies his maul and leaps backwards as he sees the cleric's true nature. "Gah! What the bloody hell is that thing?"

 No.636341

>>636336
She is slightly thrown back as she sees the face of the pony and grasshopper hybrid
"Uuuuugh.. Yeah sorry… Sir" She said before turning back and heading to go get her suit on
>>636337
"Nah, why green? Green's an awful color. I want mine like, jet black, or even a dark blue." She smiles to herself as she imagines the scene in her head

 No.636342

>>636338
"So call it the Prototype, you can give it a name later when the actual model gets made."
>>636339
"You seem to be misunderstood," the grasshopper horse says as he comes closer, "There is no infestation, you're investigating."
>>636340
The cleric turns around to look behind himself in confusion. "Hmm?"
>>636341
You get your suit on. It fits snugly and comfortably, and makes you feel like you could get safely shanked in an alleyway.

 No.636343

>>636341
"Because I know you don't like green. So you'll never forget." He smirks a bit, slipping into the suit and getting it to step out of the trailer.

>>636342
"Proto, then it's settled. Suit name is Proto."

 No.636344

>>636342
She turns to Payload "Hey, tell them I want mine jet black and blue, kay?"

 No.636345

>>636342

"Ah. I see. So what would we be investigating?"

 No.636346

>>636343
"I… I…" His instincts tell him to crush any arthropod larger than his hoof, but this one appears to be friendly. It doesn't add up to him, and he stands on guard, ready to attack if it does something violent. "Oh, forget it."

 No.636347

>>636343
"Sure, I guess. She shouldn't be too annoyed with that," Payload says, pulling out the last of the pole racks and clopping her hooves together.
>>636344
"You sure about that?" Payload asks, "There's a betting pool on who picks which color, and there's a looot of bits riding on your answer."
>>636345
>>636346
"Well, uh, that's a good question," he says, "I was told that it was to begin tomorrow, but I can show you something." He starts to walk towards the rear of the cathedral, turning left and going down a wide hallway, which lead down a flight of steps, then turned left again and pointed down the stone hall. "The catacombs are through there," he says, "I assume that's where the problems will be, but I haven't heard anything. This is all up to you guys, I guess- hahaha."

 No.636348

>>636347

"Alright. Well, let me inform my team of what's going on and we'll get right to it."

Nodding, i head back outside into the rain looking for the others.

>>636344
>>636343

"Wrangler, Rhanna. The cleric let me know that the Catacombs will be our first stop to investigate. Are we ready to move down?"

 No.636349

>>636348
>>636347
"Catacombs? Well as long as Proto can fit then sure. Lead the way" Wrangler then starts to follow Gaetan.

 No.636350

>>636349
>>636344

"well, first we should find a place to stay for the night, at least. A place this big will need a lot of time to scout out."

>>636347
"Payload, any idea if there's a place to stay the night around here?"

 No.636351

>>636347
Scowling at the insectoid hybrid, he stamps out behind Gaetan. His unhappy frown grows even wider once he steps back out into the rain.

>>636350
"Aye, what Gaetan said," he adds. "I don't fancy tackling whatever's down there, leastways not until we're fully rested and ready to keep moving. Plus this rain is a real pain in the arse."

 No.636352

>>636348
>>636349
"Hold yourselves," Ringo says, taking one of the poles out and smacking Wrangler's rump with it, "You're all supposed to help me set these up." She goes up to the cab, coming back with a folder for the mission. "One of you's gonna take this, uh, line marker," she says, going back into the truck and coming out with something like a trolley with an upside-down spray can on the bottom, with a button up top to spray the paint. She then pulls out a map of the location. "You're gonna outline the catacombs like it says on this map, and then everyone's going to set up these poles. They'll erect a barrier once they're set, so if anything bursts out through the top, they won't get away."
>>636350
"Yeah, there's an inn right next to the tavern, we arranged rooms ahead of time. Come on, kiddo, we've got this handled.
>>636351
As you leave the cathedral, the grasshopper horse waves at you. "Have a nice day! Thanks for coming!" You hear the outline of the work necessary as you draw closer. As you put in your two cents, Payload waves the folder. "Well, you're getting paid to do what you're told, more or less, so you can relax now and worry tomorrow."

 No.636353

>>636352
He gets out of his Mech Suit. "Alright alright, poles first." He then helps Ringo, trying to set up an outline with the poles at the catacombs entrance.

 No.636354

>>636352

Grabbing several poles from the truck, i get to work arranging them around the Catacombs.

"So these poles, are they some kind of net?"

 No.636355

>>636352
>meant to type Payload instead of Ringo
>>636353
>moron, who the fuck is Ringo

 No.636356

>>636352
"Right, right." Brooding over the bizarre grasshopper cleric creature, he gets to work setting up an outline with the poles.

[1d10] if you need it

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.636357

>>636356
You form a sloppy outline, which the other two follow.
>>636353
>>636354
Soon a perimeter is established around the graveyard and bordering around the church. "Something like that," Payload says, "Once we turn them on, they'll resonate and make an energy field." With that said, she puts the ramp up and closes the trailer door, going up and unhitching it from the truck. "There, now we won't have to lug this thing around," she says, whistling at the crew. "Oh boys, time to go to the inn!"

Once everyone's inside, she drives off to the center of town, where the inn is, parking the truck nearby. "You guys can do what you want," she says, "You're all sharing the same room, I'll be sharing one with Rhanna. I'll just go and check us in." The inn is small, with a nice wooden interior, though the halls are narrow and a little uncomfortable to get through. The bar looks good, though, with a good selection of nearby brews and popular brands, as well as wine and mixed drinks available for consumption, plus a kitchen for meals and snacks.

 No.636358

Wrangler just shrugs and heads over to the bar, looking to see if he can get himself a nice shot of fireball whiskey.

 No.636359

>>636357
He lets out a hearty chuckle at the sight of the inn, rubbing his hooves together. "Now THIS is more like it!" he proclaims with a wide grin. He reaches for his coinpurse, ready to buy a round of drinks for his companions, but his face falls as he finds it empty. Sighing and grumbling, he simply takes a seat at a nearby alcove and sulks.

 No.636360

>>636357

Drenched from the rain, i hang my coat on a rack and join Cold Brew at the sulking table, quickly realizing I have no spending money.

>>636359
"Strapped for cash too?"

 No.636361

>>636358
Fortunately, the owners have good enough taste to not stock that gimmicky swill.
>>636359
>>636360

Payload comes in after a while, heading to the bar first and getting herself a cup of rum and cola, slamming it down before ordering another, and repeating the action once more before ordering a beer and coming over to the table. "Hoo, so, what're you guys up to, personally?

 No.636362

>>636360
"As usual," he growls into his beard. He's just about had it with this place.

>>636361
"I would be drinking until it feels like I've done the right thing, but I'm all out of money. Not a single bit in me bag." To prove his point he upends it onto the table, half-expecting a moth to fly out.

 No.636363

>>636361

"Just kicking back, wondering how we've managed to survive so far."

"Seems like every time we get a mission the plan falls to pieces, i mean really, I've already blown up twice on the job!"

 No.636364

>>636361
Well since they don't carry that kind of Whiskey, he'll just see if they can make a farmer's cocktail. "Trying to get drinks I like here. Otherwise I'll just have to go with the usual cheap beer I can drink back home."

 No.636365

>>636362
Payload pulls out a card. "This is all gonna be on the company tab," she says, "I ordered a bunch of pretzels, too, they should be coming out of the oven fairly soon."
>>636363
"Oh yeah, you've got the janky arm, right?" Payload asks, "Yeah, Spring Fever's excited about that. Woo, yeah, don't mess that up any more, babe, it'll get real ugly for ya."
>>636364
That one seems to be on the approved list. "That'll be four bits."

 No.636366

>>636365
He pulls out 4 bits and slides them on the table, savoring his drink.

 No.636367

>>636365
He takes the card and examines it with confusion. "So how does this thing work? Do I just show it to them or what? I don't get it."

 No.636368

>>636367
"Hey, old horse, if you don't know how it works, don't ask me to explain it to you," she says, "I'll get what you want, just lemme know what it is."
>>636366
It tastes perfect, as if it were made to teach someone how to make it.

 No.636369

>Paused

 No.636370

>>636365
It's not that janky,just a bit injured!

Pulling my left sleeve up, I take a closerlook at the wound, feathers growing patchy and scar tissue still showing.

"What do you mean, 'ugly'? no workman's comp for severe injury?"

 No.637204

We're starting soon, post your sheets if you want. We already know who's playing, you didn't get any more stuff last session, it's not really necessary.

 No.637205

Oh yeah this is me

 No.637206


 No.637207


 No.637208


 No.637209

>>637206
>>637207
>>637208
The party is still enjoying themselves in the bar with Payload.
>>636370
"Eh, I dunno about workman's comp, since you're not working for Moonsoon, technically," Payload says, before going back up to the bar for rum and cola.

The door to the tavern opens, and in comes the bughorse from the cathedral. Looking around, he finds the party's table, walking over and sitting down at an empty chair. "Hello, visitors!" he says, tapping the table with the little manipulators that stuck out just under his neck, "Are you enjoying yourselves tonight?"

 No.637211

>>637209
"Oh… Yeah it's pretty nice eer… Sir?…"
She turns to Payload
"So, I didn't had the chance to ask before, but what was the deal with that betting pool from before? And why was there a lot of bits on my answer?"

 No.637212

>>637209
Wrangler just kept savoring his drink, not really paying much attention to the bug horse.

http://pastebin.com/emwBKTVq

 No.637213

>>637212
"Heeey, what's wrong with ya man? Is there something… Bugging ya?" She snickers like crazy at her terrible pun

 No.637214

>>637209

Rolling my sleeve back down, i lean back in the seat, eying the cleric casually.

"Oh yeah, we're doing fine. As fine as someone mid job can be, at least."

 No.637215

>>637213
"Nah, just enjoyin' my drink and relaxing till we gotta work." He says with a smile.

 No.637216

>>636368
He looks from the card to Payload and back again, bewildered at the fact that he's being offered practically free booze. He absent-mindedly tugs at his beard, pondering the implications of this. "…In that case, I'll get an ale," he mumbles, looking like he's been slapped in the face.

>>637209
He grumbles incomprehensibly at the cleric, still more than a little suspicious of the insectoid abomination.

 No.637217

>>637215
And you didn't even paid one for me, Geez, great manners you have"

 No.637218

>>637217
"Hey, you never asked." He smirks a bit, holding out his drink to offer a sip.

 No.637219

>>637218
"Wrang, come on, we've been drinking for a good while, do you think you need to ask?" She takes it and takes more than just a few sips of it

 No.637220

>>637219
"Hey usually I have to make you do more humiliating things than just ask to drink my booze. No, I still won't forget that OR let it down." He pays for another, grabbing drinks for both himself and a fresh one for Rhanna.

 No.637221

>>637211
Payload comes back to the table, nonchalantly greeting the cleric. "It's just some fun we use to keep ourselves entertained," she says, "Made bets on who's picking what color. If someone gets all of them right, they're gonna be the owners of about three thousand shiny bits."
>>637212
Payload nudges him in the side. "Hey now, we have a guest at the table, you should say something," she says teasingly. "That won't be necessary," the cleric says, bowing his head before he offers a chitinous hoof out to Wrangler for a hoof bump. "My name is Macquray, I've been local for about four years. How do you do?"
>>637214
"That's good to hear. I've heard good things about the inn, so you should be nice and comfy tonight."
>>637216
"An excellent choice," Macquray says, getting up from the table, "The local apple ale is absolutely delicious, it's my favorite." He goes up to the bar and gets two large tankards, bringing them back and setting one on the table in front of Cold Brew- it was at least two liters. The insectoid cleric pulls his hood down, showing his full face, his eyes a bright red, two large antenna swinging up, his mouth composed of several layers of sharp chompers. He pulls a bandanna from inside his robe, tying it around his neck before he lifts up the tankard and starts drinking. Several streams run down his chin and neck, soaking into the bandanna.

 No.637222

>>637221
He hoof bumps Macquray. "Doin' good. Though recently I've heard you guys had a bit of a problem, otherwise we wouldn't be here."

 No.637223

>>637220
She grumbles and gives him a slap in the back of the head, grumbling as she takes the drink "Every time…"
>>637221
She coughs on her drink a little" Ho-ho-holy Fuck…" She wipes her muzzle
"I still want the shiny black though "
She turns to Macquray
" Nice meeting ya dood, so uh… Are there more ponies like… Like you around here?"

 No.637224

>>637221

"So why the colored uniforms, anyway? Half of us are already have gear to wear, and it's not like clothes have stopped acid sprays, right?"

 No.637225

>>637221
He takes the ale with a muttered thanks, taking a tentative sip before sculling it all.

>>637224
"It's to identify one another. That's what uniforms are for, you git."

 No.637226

>>637222
"There seems to be a misunderstanding on your ends with that," he says, "We don't actually KNOW if there's something funky going on down there, but it's still a possibility. You see, four years ago, the hero Kamuga had sealed himself inside there, along with his nemesis, Great Lord Killer Hopper. We haven't gone in since then, keeping it closed out of respect. But since Moonsoon is interested, I thought the statute of limitations had ended, so we're letting you delve into the stony depths to see what you can see."
>>637223
"Nae, I was once a soldier for Great Lord Killer Hopper, but Kamuga turned me to the side of good, and I've been the local healer and cleric since then."
>>637224
"Because it makes you look like a team," Payload says, shrugging, "And it's easier to identify you on camera by color."
>>637225
Your mouth is filled with the frothy, bubbly cold apple ale, your tongue given a zing by the fizz and the sweet, sour flavor. It doesn't taste very alcoholic, but by the time you empty it and set it back down, you're already feeling light-headed and wobbly.

 No.637227

>>637225

"Who's going to see your uniform under your plate armor? unless you've decided to hang up your maul?"

 No.637228

>>637226
"Ah, I see. Good to have you on our side then… Soooooo what can we expect to find down there?"

 No.637229

>>637226
"Really… I thought this was just one of those usual roach stomping missions to test out our gear. Eh, still getting a paycheck so I don't care." He takes a swig of his new drink.

 No.637230

>>637229

"See, I'm worried those walkers they gave us won't fit down there. lot of old foundation, a jostle out of place and the whole church could collapse."

 No.637231

>>637230
Then we'll just have to stick together real close eh?" She pulls Gaetan in for a one arm hug

 No.637232

>>637226
He wipes his mouth and nods in approval. "This drink. I like it. Another!" he calls, thumping the tankard down on the table.

>>637227
"I think I stand out well enough without any fancy clothes." He thumps his cuirass for emphasis. "Don't you?"

 No.637233

>>637230
"They wouldn't be stupid enough to allow us to use those suits if that was a large risk. Obviously there's something Moonsoon wants down there so they won't let us fuck that up for them."

 No.637234

>>637228
"Oh, uh, skeletons, corpses in racks on the walls, there's a lovely fountain in there, but I think we turned the water off."
>>637229
"As far as I know, there's no reason you should die horribly."
>>637230
"Ah-ah, you might be surprised, the church's foundation is quite strong, and the catacombs themselves are build under the graveyard. It should be fine, so long as there aren't any explosions."
>>637232
Macquray picks up the tankard and nods politely, going to get it refilled. Payload sticks her tongue out at you. "I think you could stand to be a little more fancy," she says, "You look like you got that off an internet auction."

 No.637235

>>637234
>>637230
"Ya hear that Gaetan? No explosions"

 No.637236

>>637234
"A what?" He cocks his head in confusion.

 No.637237

>>637226

"Wait, Camera?" i ask, tilting my head in confusion. "We'll have someone filming on the job, then?"

>>637235
"Yeah yeah, that's the hope at least." I reply glumly, rapping my talons on the table. "I should try a weapon that won't explode once we're back at the main office. Something safe, like a spear or whatever."

 No.637238

>>637237
"Hey, I could help you if you with that want"

 No.637239

>>637234
"Die horribly? No. Digested? Maybe. Frenched kissed by a giant centipede? Highest probability these days.

>>637236
"It's like an auction just done through technology, like how we talk on the phones." He tried to put it simply.

 No.637240

>>637238

"Got any ideas for a non-exploding bug basher? With our luck, a roll of newspaper would end up blasting me!"

 No.637241

>>637235
"Yeah, that was on your profile," Payload says, "Did I mention that? It says 'Accident Prone' and then in parentheses 'explosions.' Better not be blowin' up down there, that's people's relatives."
>>637236
"There's this thing called the internet," Payload says, as a grin spreads on her face, "And you can buy things from it, and get them delivered in the mail. Among other uses."
>>637237
"The Prototype films everything while it's turned on. Besides that, you might be somewhere there's security cameras."
>>637239
"Ooh, centipedes," Macquray says, "The succubi of the arthropod kingdom."

 No.637242

>>637240
"Heh. I could try coming up with a few ideas, sure"
>>637241
"Yeah Yeah we'll try to not explode anything down there. Don't worry, we're professionals!"

 No.637243

>>637241
"Yeah sure you can call them that." He says sarcastically.

>>637242
"I don't know, didn't we cause a basement fire once?"

 No.637244

>>637243

"Well yeah there was a very minor fire, but we put it out.. Right?"

 No.637245

>>637243
"That wasn't us!" She says With clenched teeth
"The bugs did it"

 No.637246

>>637239
>>637241
He snorts derisively. "Back in my day we had to WALK to the auction house or the post office if we wanted to do anything. It was six miles, uphill both ways, in the snow more often than not. You runts have it lucky," he growls as he downs another tankard.

 No.637247

>>637246
"Hey I still do all that stuff. My pappy didn't raise no lazy colt."

 No.637248

>>637242
>>637243
"Hoohoo, you all have fun, don't you?" Macquray asks as he resumes drinking his ale.
>>637246
"Yeah? You did everything at the auction and post office?" she asks, "It's a good thing you lived somewhere with snow, I bet if you were in the tropics you'd be complaining a lot less."

 No.637249

>>637248
"Yeah Yeah this is a fun team to work with. I gotta tell ya, it ain't easy being the leader and the only girl among these guys"

 No.637250

>>637241

Scooting out of the alcove seat, i make my way over to the bar and flag down the barkeep.

"Got anything heavy on tap? could use something to relax."

 No.637251

>>637247
"Good on you," he says as he wipes his mouth and beard again. "Foals these days have it too easy, if you ask me. Being miserable builds character."

>>637248
"I'd rather be freezing my beard off than out in the hot. Gods, I hate summer. The sweat, the humidity… I just avoid it as much as I can. Horrible time of the year." He upends his tankard to ensure it's empty. "Another ale!" he calls, louder this time.

 No.637252

>>637250
The barkeeper pulls out a curvy glass, filling it with a dark beer. "This is a fine stout," he says, "Bitter, though."
>>637249
"You're the leader, huh?" Payload asks, "And not the one in the van telling you dorks what to do?"
>>637251
"Hmm, would you mind getting it yourself?" Macquray says, "I'll just trip if I get up at this point…"
>roll 1d10 constitution if you get up

 No.637253

>>637252
"Weeeeeeell, she's my leader, so it's a sorta complicated leader hierarchy sorta thing ya know?"

 No.637254

>>637252
"Ugh, fine." He moves to get up from his seat and make his way to the bar.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.637255

>>637252
"Hmm.. I'll give it a taste, thanks.:

grabbing the glass carefully with my talon, i slowly maneuver myself back to the alcove, careful not to spill.

>>637253
"Wait, You're the leader? Wasn't I the one calling the shots by radio back in that factory?"

"We almost lost half the team, but that just professionals at work."

 No.637256

>>637255
"Well, I'm the tallest and the smartest, besides, you guys would be lost without me and you know it"

 No.637257

>>637253
"Well, guess who's gonna be leader tomorrow," Payload says, nudging Rhanna with a fork as she eats another pretzel.
>>637254
You're able to move all the way to the bar and get yourself another apple ale.
>>637255
Rhanna pokes you in the ribs with the fork, trying to get you to spill your drink and laughing at you.

"Oh, I almost forgot why I came here," Macquray says, "I brought a map of the catacombs." He pulls a rolled up piece of parchment from his cloak, spreading it out on the table. "It's simple," he says, "Should be a straight sweep."
>for some reason the map image is invalid, so here's an imgur link
http://imgur.com/5oUty5V

 No.637258

>>637257
She grumbles at Payload
"Yeah Yeah I can imagine already"
She takes a Pretzel and eats it

 No.637259

>>637257
"Doesn't seem like this will take too long. Split up to check everything… meet at the fountain room and head through the main room on our way out."

 No.637260

>>637257
He stumbles back over to the table with not one but two tankards in hoof, precariously balancing them before setting them down and resuming his seat. He takes a swig as he inspects the map.

>>637259
"You're right. The place seems a bit small. We'll be in and out in a heartbeat. Of course, now I say that there's probably going to be something horrible down there, like giant flaming camel spiders."

 No.637261

>>637257

Staring at the map, i take a swig of my drink, eying the route to take in the mausoleum.

"Looks smaller than i thought, usually these kind of things are sprawling complexes to house the buried."

 No.637262

>>637258
She leans forward and clops you on the shoulder, grinning and chuckling. You smell the alcohol on her breath. "Alright, I'm gonna go over and up to bed," she says, standing up from her chair and going to the hallway that connects the inn to the tavern.
[1d10]
>>637259
"If you please…" Macquray says, his neck manipulators rubbing together, "I'd like to ask something of you… if you find Kamuga in there, or just his body, I'd appreciate it if you could retrieve his belt. It was his signature item, an emblem to us all. We'd like to put it in a museum, or under safekeeping, if possible."
>>637260
"Are those camels with eight legs?" Macquray asks, "Because camels don't live around here."
>>637261
"It was mostly meant for notable townsfolk, politicians, and richer citizens, so there wasn't as much room since there aren't many villagers. Everyone else gets buried."

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.637263

>>637262
Payload makes it a couple steps before stumbling and falling down to the tavern floor, giggling as she lies on the wooden floor, pretending to swim.

 No.637264

>>637263
>>637262
Rhanna sighs and goes to help her
"I'll help ya into the room, come on "

 No.637265

>>637262
"Sure, though an extra tip for the job well done would be nice if we can do it." He says, making his way over to Rhanna.

>>637264
"I'll help you out there." He says, trying to help Rhanna to help Payload.

 No.637266

>>637265
Nah it's fine, I'll just take her to our room and make sure she'll be okay, it's fine really. You can stay and drink some more with the guys" She says With a smile

 No.637267

>>637262

"Couldn't handle her drink, eh?" i chuckle into my glass, tipping it back for a long drink of the stout.

 No.637268

>>637266
"Hey I can always drink another time. Besides, I'm gettin' a little tired myself." He says while returning the smile.

 No.637269

>>637262
"They're great big hairy things with ten legs and bigger fangs than what should be allowed," he slurs. "They have a horrible bite, the freaks. Ugliest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen some ugly things." He finishes his third ale.

>>637266
"You sure you don't need a hoof? She looks pretty heavy. Meaning no offense," he adds to Payload.

 No.637270

>>637268
She rolls her eyes
"Fine, fine. But if I see you groping her butt, I'm telling"
>>637269
"Nah it's fine, Wrang will help me, besides I'm a flipping diamond dog, I could carry all three of you on my own"

 No.637271

>>637264
Payload gurgles and belches as you lift her up, looking right out of it. Fortunately she doesn't look injured.
>>637265
As you go to Payload, Macquray lets out a chuckle. "Heheh, well, I'd need the money for a tip," he says.
>>637267
"Well, she had quite a few," Macquray says, "Sometimes you just don't notice it until you get up and start walking."
>>637269
"Oh, creepy, sounds like someone I used to know," he says, blowing bubbles in his ale.

Rhanna's able to get Payload up into their room without much effort. The trucker mare walks to her bed herself, falling onto it and falling asleep immediately, with her head and back half hanging off the sides.

 No.637272

>>637271
"Yeah well look for something to trade then, otherwise I might just keep the belt myself." He says with a smirk.

 No.637273

>>637271
She pats her head "night night sweet princess" She yawns
"Maybe I should get some sleep early too… For once…" She checks the clock

 No.637274

>>637270
"Right then." He drinks his fourth tankard and wipes.

>>637271
Having finished his drinks, he tries to move back over to the bar and pour himself some mead, if there is any. If not, he grabs another ale.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.637275

>>637272
"Ehh…" Macquray seems disappointed, "Maybe I'll just go down and get it myself after you all leave…"
>>637273
It's about half past eleven.
>>637274
You stumble on the way to the bar, as the bartender looks at you with reasonable doubt. You can't feel much of your limbs, and your knees are shaky. It seems like you've almost had enough.

 No.637276

>>637275
"Hhmmnn, yeah… Time to get some sleep on…" She says as she plops in bed with Payload. Pulling her in to cuddle her to sleep

 No.637277

>>637271

Finishing my drink after a few more swigs, i try and scoot out of the seat over to the bar.

"Not bad at all! Could go for another."

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.637278

>>637276
>>637275
"Well you two have a nice rest, I'll find a nice spot to sleep." He begins to look for a second bed or even a chair to sleep in.

 No.637279

>>637278
"Sorry ya can't sleep here for a cuddle pile. Girls only" She says With a wink

 No.637280

>>637275
He grabs onto the bar as he stumbles, cursing and muttering under his breath. He grabs his drink and moves back to his seat.
[1d10]

>>637277
"You holding up there? How many have you had now?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.637281

>>637276
Payload makes a comfortable bed mate, despite the occasional alcohol belches. Fortunately she's facing away from you.
>>637277
You trip on a chair leg as you make your way to the bar, but don't fall over. The bartender starts looking annoyed at the prospect of having to deal with more than one drunk that night.
>>637278
There's an entire other room for you, Gaétan, and Cold Brew to sleep in.
>>637280
As you fall down on your face, the bartender sighs and puts his face in his hooves. "Eheheh, don't worry, I have this handled," Macquray says, going over to you and lifting you up in his hooves like you were paper, taking you up to your room and setting you down on the bed. "There you go."

 No.637282

>>637280

"Come on, that was only my first! I'll be fine, don't worry." i scoff, heading over to the bad to grab another drink.

 No.637283

>>637279
>>637281
"Well then, guess I'll just have to take the other room. See you in the morning." He makes his way to the other room to go to sleep.

 No.637284

>>637281

"It's fine, It's fine!" i wave off the barkeep's concern

"I'm just gonna have one more, i know my limit!"

 No.637285

>>637281
"Oi!" He protests as he gets carried up. "I can walk just fine on me own. I don't need your grubby insect mitts on me," he says as he gets back up. To prove his point, he attempts to walk in a straight line.
[1d10]

>>637284
"Only two?" He scoffs. "Pansy."

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.637286

>>637284
The barkeeper looks at you over the top of his hoof, then pours you another stout, looking at you with a face that says 'really?'
>>637283
You walk in just after Macquray's laid down Cold Brew. The bughorse sits down on a chair, sighing, "Oh, I can't believe it's been four years since he closed the tomb," he says with a sigh, "I miss him every day."
>>637285
>retcon
You're able to walk in a zig-zag before Macquray picks you up again. "Come on, tin can, let's get you to bed."

 No.637287

>>637286

Nodding towards the barkeep,i take the drink and head back to the seat.
[1d10]

"Huh. Looks like everyone else is going to bed."

"Ha! Party of one over here, just me and my drink.. yeah."

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.637288

>>637286
"What are you talkin' about Friar Bug?" He asks, sitting on a nearby chair.

 No.637289

>>637286
He scowls as he's put to bed like a colt, struggling to no avail. "You should shut your hole," he slurs drunkenly as he lies on his back, staring up at the ceiling. "Ugly little maggot. You look like a sack of potatoes. Ugly looking stupid bug face. I could stomp in any gutter and squash five of you…" He keeps rambling and spouting insults until he eventually falls asleep in his armor, snoring loudly.

 No.637290

>>637288
You're able to make your way back, and drink until you're satisfied for the rest of the night.
>>637288
"Kamuga was a good friend of mine," he says, "He went through a lot of trouble to protect the town, and then he died in his last battle." The bughorse sniffles. "And just about everyone didn't know who he really was."
>>637289
"Eh, go to sleep," he grunts, as he yawns and falls asleep on his own chair.

>paused

 No.641206

New session after however long
This thread is seven months old
Post sheets

 No.641207


 No.641208


 No.641209


 No.641210


 No.641211

>>641207
>>641208
>>641209
>>641210
It's the morning after a good night of drinking at the inn, with everyone freshened up and inside the cathedral. The Moonsoon Unit-00 Prototype, designated 'Proto,' has been prepared for action. The priest, an insectoid equine named Macquray, has opened the door to the catacombs once more. "It's been ages since we've been down there," he says, "Not since we sealed it up, so heaven only knows what you'll find…"

 No.641212

>>641211
"Well where should we head to first?" Wrangler asks the team, while still in his Proto-Suit.

 No.641213

>>641211
''NOthing good I'm absolutely sure of that
''Now let's start the usual procedure…'' She says as she started making one bolster potion
>Spellbound bullshit. bolster

 No.641214

File: 1441509417784.png (217.24 KB, 1132x739, Catacombs Map.png)


 No.641215

>>641211

Slipping on my strikers, i start down the staircase, wary of any sudden movement.

"Let's get started, eh? I'm eager to see if there's a need for that net we set up."

 No.641216

>>641211
"Glory and honor, and a bloody good fight," he guesses. He stretches his legs in preparation, cracking his neck and kissing the haft of his maul for good luck. He turns to the rest of the team. "You ladies ready to kick ass and take names?"

 No.641217

>>641216
''You say that as if we weren't going to get our asses kicked first…Speaking of which, you take this with you'' SHe says, giving him the bolster fizzy orangy drink

 No.641218

>>641217

"Hey, you never know! I'm feeling lucky this time, got that 'Everything's alright' vibe over here."

 No.641219

>>641218
''Eeh, I bet with you ten bits at least one of us will come out with a broken bone or two, deal?''

 No.641220

>>641217
"Well, of course we will with that attitude!" He sniffs the drink. "What's this then?"

 No.641221

>>641220
''This is the 'Shut up and drink it already you dingus' brew. NOw drink it up before I shove it up your…'' She yawns ''Nevermind…'' She scratches her eyes and her back

 No.641222

>>641214
>>641212
Noticing nobody really has much of an idea of where to head first, Wrangler makes his way to the Northeast room.

 No.641223

File: 1441510278115.png (218.36 KB, 1132x739, Catacombs Map2.png)

As the party descends down the staircase to the catacombs, the first thing they come to should be a three-way intersection, but the entrance to the Main Room has been blocked by stones. A feeling of dread starts to cover the party like a blanket, as the sounds of air moving through the stone interior sounds like the moaning of ghosts.

 No.641224

>>641223
"Well that's pretty spooky… Looks like we have a bit of company. Ya'll wanna head to the Northeast room with me?"

 No.641225

>>641223
"A proper dungeon, this," he remarks. "What sort of treasures and terrors will our brave adventuring party face in this ancient tomb? Who knows, that's the fun." He looks at the blockage for a moment and tries to clear it out by hoof, putting his muscles to good use.
[1d10]DC-2 from talent

>>641224
"Sounds like a plan. Let me just try to get this out of the way…"

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.641226

>>641223

Keeping low, i make my way into the northeast room with wrangler, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

>>641224
"I'm with you, don't worry. when something grabs you, i'll dive at it, fist first."

 No.641227

>>641223
''Ah geez…I don't like this place already…'' She says while preparing another potion
''Aaand for a new brew I came up with last night…''
>Blabla alchemy and shit. Lifestream
>>641224
''Right behind ya''

 No.641228

>>641226
"Sure you won't explode before your fist hits it?" He says with a smirk.

 No.641229

File: 1441510993046.png (219.33 KB, 1132x739, Catacombs Map3.png)

>>641224
>>641226
>>641227
You head to the Northeast Room together, where the walls have been carved out to make beds for corpses, with two stone tables in the middle of the room. You can hear scurrying and skittering sounds to the west.
>>641225
The rocks are hard to clear out, seemingly wedged together. You're able to push out one stone from all your efforts, but now the rest will be easier to get out.

Now able to see into the main room, you see something that definitely wasn't on the map. The floor has been broken open, leading to a cavern underneath. Sticking out of the hole is a stone spire, atop which is a glowing green cocoon. Seeing through the hallway at the far end, you can see a bright glow where the Fountain Room should be.

 No.641230

>>641229
Wrangler takes a peek around as he heads for the fountain room. "Keep yer eyes open…"

>Perception

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.641231

>>641229
She shivers a little ''freaking bugs…'' She looked around, any dead bodies or corpes anywhere near them?

 No.641232

>>641229
He frowns and leaves the blockage for now, catching up with his companions in the northeastern room. "Oi, you should know that there's probably bugs in the main room. I managed to clear out a bit of the rubble and it looks like there's a great big pit, and a cocoon too. We're definitely not alone down here." He takes a look around in case something decides to jump them, looking on the ceiling especially.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.641233

>>641232

"See? we called it, there's something down here after all! Now we just have to stop whatever it is this time before things fall apart."

 No.641234

>>641232
''Good job Brew, now let's try to not die and for once do our jobs right with no painful failures''

 No.641235

File: 1441511654057.jpg (54.1 KB, 254x302, x-atl-01-dt.jpg)

>reminder Proto looks like this, with a vulcan gun on the hip and a pile bunker on the right arm
>>641230
As you step into the Northeastern room, the target indicator on the camera viewscreen shows something crouching in the corner- it appears to be equine-shaped, but with bizarre insectoid traits, moreso than the Encroach Queens, whose arthropodic parts appeared to be decorative or tertiary to their pony forms, while this one appears to be a true hybrid, similar to Macquray, though he was less feral. It looks at the red light emitted by the camera, ready to jump upon you, the stranger.
>>641231
The dead bodies are all in the walls, all of them desiccated corpses hundreds of years old.
>>641232
As you look around, you fail to notice the rock on the ground before tripping over it and falling to the floor.
>take 1 hit

 No.641236

>>641235
''Hmmn…Maybe if I…''
She started making a vial filled with black liquid
>spelljizz alchebuttfucking. Raise dead

 No.641237

>>641234
"Not if I can help it. Nothing gets past these eagle eyes," he boasts.

>>641235
Naturally, just as he says this, he trips over with a resounding clang. He lets out a string of unintelligible obscenities as he picks himself back up, dusting himself off and adjusting his trusty armor. "That was deliberate!" he barks. "I was checking for hidden tunnels!"
He adjourns to the fountain room, keeping a steady eye out for any bugs.
[1d10] Perception again

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.641238

>>641235

Staying as quiet as i can, given my larger frame, i move along towards the Fountain room, careful not to trip over something.

 No.641239

>>641235
Wrangler aims the Vulcan gun at the target, firing at it.

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #2 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #3 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #4 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #5 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #6 8 + 1 = 9 /

 No.641240

>>641239

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #3 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #4 9 + 1 = 10

 No.641241

>>641239

Deafened by cannon fire, i take cover behind proto's leg

"Yeah, could you not! Some of us don't have a noise canceling cockpit!" I yell at him as the barrage continues.

 No.641242

>>641239
His ears prick up and he scowls. "What's all the racket?"

 No.641243

>>641236
>potion brewed
>>641237
As far as you can tell, there aren't any bugs in the NorthEastern Room.
>>641238
As you move past Wrangler in the Proto, he opens fire on something in the corner. After you get out from behind his leg, you move onto the fountain room.

The fountain is absolutely beautiful, carved from marble, the rim carved to look like leaves and flowers, with two layers of fountain spraying clear water. Lying on the floor next to it is the body of a teenaged colt, on his side with one hoof in the fountain. Around his waist is an ornate metal belt. For some reason, neither the belt nor the body look as if they have a speck of dust on them, looking as if the colt had come inside moments earlier.

>>641239
>>641240
The bullets from the gun tear into the bughorse, reducing it to a pile of green meat oozing purple blood.

 No.641244

>>641243

Advancing towards the Colt, i keep an eye out for an ambush.
[1d10] Watchfulness

"Hey Kid, you still alive over there?"

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.641245

>>641243
''Good good'' She snickers mischeviously as she pours the contents of the vial in one of the corpses nearby
''Now rise, rise my minion!''

 No.641246

>>641243
He circles the fountain carefully, making sure not to go near it or the body. "This is almost certainly a trap," he calls to the party. "Be on your guard." He keeps an eye on the ceiling and walls, expecting something to jump out at any moment.
[1d10] you know the drill

>>641244
"Careful, matey. He could be working with them. Or he could have a bug inside him waiting to burst out of his chest. Or something else entirely. It's not safe in here. There's a storm brewing. Me bones can feel it, and me bones never lie."

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.641247

>>641243
"Well, that was easy." He says before heading into the fountain room.

He lets out a bit of a sharp whistle as he looks around. "Take a look at this fancy place… hey… what's with the kid?"

 No.641248

>>641246

"Yeah, but what if he's hurt? Searching every corner won't help a sick colt."

 No.641249

>>641244
Approaching closer, getting a different angle on him, you can see several large puncture wounds in his chest and belly, matted over with dried blood. He's neither breathing nor moving.
>>641245
As you pour the vial onto a nearby corpse… it does nothing, and continues to do nothing. It appears to not be capable of doing anything, considering the muscles must be gone from atrophy, brain rotted away, all that stuff that comes from decomposition over hundreds of years.
>>641246
Neither you nor Gaétan notice anything about to attack you, giving you a little bit of security.
>>641247
Every step the prototype shakes the ground under it. You hear a crack, as a chunk of floor falls down into something underneath, followed by the sound of stone breaking.

 No.641250

>>641249
''Ah fuck you too then lazy bones, I'll go find a better undead to raise my army then'' She says to the corpse and brews another you
>you know the deal
>>641248
''Come on man it smells of trap in here. I can tell, I'm a flipping dog!''

 No.641251

>>641249

"…Well, he's not sick."

>>641250
"Alright, alright I'll head back."

Looking towards the central room from the fountain, i check for any blockage.

>>641246
"Coldbrew, you said there's something in the center room?"

 No.641252

>>641248
"Doesn't look like there's much we can do for him anyway. He's pushing up daisies from the looks of things. We should keep moving."

>>641249
>>641251
"Aye, in the center room. Great big cocoon, and a pit too. This way." He motions for the party to follow him as he heads to the center room.

 No.641253

>>641249
Wrangler switches on the flashlight and checks around the room more.

>Perception

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.641254

>>641250
>Raise Dead Brewed
You catch up with the party in the fountain room, where you see the dead colt next to the fountain.
>>641251
>>641252
The way to the center room is clear, though hard to see inside. Walking into it, you see from a new angle the floor cracked open into a cavern underneath. The floor is visible, as is the bottom of the spire in the middle, the cocoon still pulsing and glowing slowly.
>>641253
You don't find anything.

 No.641255

>>641252

"So… How are we supposed to smash that?"

>>641254
Readying my sprayer, i look around what little is lit to see if any eggs are nearby.
[1d10] Visual search

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.641256

>>641254
>>641255
''How we smash it? easy peasy. you just do THIS!'' she flings the lifestream potion at the cocoon
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.641257

>>641255
"Aye, there's the rub," he remarks as he looks at the cocoon. He takes a look around it and down into the cavern to see if there's bugs nearby.
[1d10]

>>641255
"Get Wrangler to shoot it down. He seems to be good at that."

>>641256
"Or you can do that. That'd do the trick."

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.641258

>>641254
Wrangler heads into the main room where the others are.

>>641257
"Did somebody say shooting? I'm good at that."

Wrangler then tries to fire at the cocoon.

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
>To be continued

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #3 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #4 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #5 2 + 1 = 3

 No.641259

>>641258
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #3 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #4 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #5 2 + 1 = 3

 No.641260

File: 1441516677173.png (32.11 KB, 1132x739, Cavern Map 1.png)

>>641255
Looking around and down into the cavern, you can see no eggs.
>>641256
The potion shatters against the cocoon, rolling down the thick, rubbery exterior. You hear buzzing noises from underground, droning noise coming up from beneath, as the cocoon starts to stir.
>>641257
You can't see if anything's nearby, but you do see what looks like a hallway opposite you, behind the spire and under the floor the party is currently on, going east.
>>641258
>>641259
Your bullets are able to pierce through the cocoon, but once they do so, they bounce off whatever's inside, either piercing through the cocoon again or becoming stuck in whatever the goo was that filled the cocoon. The creature inside started to stir, then stood up out of the fetal position it was stuck in, tearing off the rubbery outside, dripping fluid that ran down the spire.
It was bipedal, covered in a black chitinous shell. Its body was slender, feminine in a way, the face and head looking indescribably alien, yet familiar, somehow combining various insectoid traits that manifested all over its body, as if it were some kind of arthropod progenitor that had gifted its children aspects if itself and told them to spread out and multiply.

"Bulletsss…" it hissed, looking over at the party, "I remember bullets, the way they bounced off, with a ping." He looks over himself. "Just about done. You have good timing, I'll have to thank you for that." It looks slightly below the party, then points a finger.

The floor explodes below them, causing them to fall down. The recently-hatched creature turns, heading into the hallway behind it, to the East.
>roll to prevent fall damage

The exploded floor forms a slope leading back up to the fountain room. To the north and south are two more hallways, ones unnoticeable from the angles previously looking down.

 No.641261

>>641260
He yells in shock as the floor collapses, digging the spike on the other end of his weapon into the rocky wall to slow his descent.
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.641262

>>641260

Tumbling through the air as the floor gives way, i try to angle myself away to avoid a head injury.
[1d10] Damage prevention

"Not again!"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.641263

>>641260
"Fuck." Wrangler then tries to adjust the machine to slide down the slope safely or land safely.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.641264

>>641260
Being a biped, Rhanna would surely have a safe landing
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.641265

>>641261
>>641262
>>641263
>>641264
The party has a rough landing, rolling down and crashing together into the spire.
>Cold Brew- take two hits, now at 3/5
>Gaétan- take 5 hits, helpless
>Wrangler- Proto takes 4 hits, now at 31 hits
>Rhanna- take 3 hits

There's a sound of rustling coming from the halls, as four bughorses emerge from them. A fifth one slides down the slope, coming from the Southwest room, most likely.

Bughorse 1 @ Wrangler
[1d10]
Bughorse 2 @ Wrangler
[1d10]
Bughorse 3 @ Rhanna
[1d10]
Bughorse 4 @ Cold Brew
[1d10]
Bughorse 5 @ Gaétan
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 6 = 6 / Roll #4 5 = 5 / Roll #5 2 = 2

 No.641266

>>641265
Wrangler pops open the cockpit to fire at the bughorses with his hoofcannon.

>Whirlwind: DC5 to hit.

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7 / Roll #3 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #4 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #5 4 + 1 = 5

 No.641267

>>641265
''Fuck, my ass!'' She says as she rubs her sore bum after the bad landing
When she sees the bugs around, she takes a step back ''Yep, we're boned…'' She says as she prepares another batch of potions
>spelmizingbluuugh. Innure life

 No.641268

>>641265
Hitting the ground hard, i try and scramble into a fighting stance.

"Ah jeez, they're right on top of us!"
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.641269

He grunts as he pulls himself back up, moving in front of Gaetan as he faces the creepy crawlies. "Alright, look alive, folks. Time to start stomping cunts." He swings his maul with both hooves at bughorses 2, 3 and 4.
[1d10] Cleave
Using Protect on Gaetan, auto instant

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.641270

>>641266
You get a couple glancing hits on the bughorses, but the rest miss.
>>641267
>Distill Life Brewed
>>641268
As you attempt to get up, one of the bughorses jumps on you in an attempt to get at Wrangler. Fortunately, it didn't weigh too much, and you weren't high enough to get pushed back down too hard.
>>641269
Similar to Gaétan, a bughorse uses your maul as a springboard to jump at Wrangler, knocking you off-balance.

>Vanguard off all but Wrangler


The bughorses miss their jumps and strikes, even the two who have jumped onto the Prototype and tried punching Wrangler.

Bughorse 1 @ Wrangler
[1d10]
Bughorse 2 @ Wrangler
[1d10]
Bughorse 3 @ Rhanna
[1d10]
Bughorse 4 @ Cold Brew
[1d10]
Bughorse 5 @ Gaétan
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 10 = 10 / Roll #3 7 = 7 / Roll #4 5 = 5 / Roll #5 5 = 5

 No.641271

>>641270
He grits his teeth and swings again, this time aiming at the ones attacking Wrangler.
[1d10] Cleave

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.641272

>>641270
Shoved into the ground after being used for a spring board, i try to get back up again.

"Oh come on!"
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.641273

>>641270
She dodged the bughorse attack while drinking her own potion, thankfully not choking from moving while drinking
''Brew, don't forget that potion I gave you!''
>>641272
''…Thinking well, I should have given it to Gaetan…''
'1d10' dooooooooooooooodge

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.641274

>>641270
Wrangler tries to close the cockpit on the bughorses attacking him and using the giant knife on the suit to stab one of them.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.641275

>>641271
You smash both bughorses off the Proto, sending them rolling on the floor.
>>641272
One of the bughorses smack into you as it rolls on the ground from Cold Brew's hit, knocking you back down.
>take 1 wound
>>641273
You dodge out of the way of the offending Bughorse.
>>641274
You stab the bughorse that crashed into Garik, narrowly avoiding stabbing him, as well.

The Bughorses get up once more, attacking the same targets as if pre-programmed.

Bughorse 1 @ Wrangler
[1d10]
Bughorse 2 @ Wrangler
[1d10]
Bughorse 3 @ Rhanna
[1d10]
Bughorse 4 @ Cold Brew
[1d10]
Bughorse 5 @ Gaétan
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 4 = 4 / Roll #3 7 = 7 / Roll #4 1 = 1 / Roll #5 7 = 7

 No.641276

>>641273
"Right you are!"

>>641275
He either doesn't notice the pattern or doesn't care as he tosses Gaetan his Bolster potion. "Catch!"

 No.641277

>>641275

Groaning as i'm hit with a bug body, i struggle to get back up.

"Come on!"
[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.641278

>>641275
"Alright that does it." He says, aiming the vulcan for the third set of rounds to fire off, giving two bullets for each target.

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
>To be continued.

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #3 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #4 10 + 1 = 11 / Roll #5 3 + 1 = 4

 No.641279

>>641278
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 3 + 1 = 4 / Roll #3 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #4 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #5 3 + 1 = 4

 No.641280

>>641275
>giving the last two potions to Cold brew and Gaetan
Rhanna went to make another potion
>Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellbountshit. Lifestream

 No.641281

>>641276
>>641277
Gaétan is able to get back up, as Cold Brew hands him his Bolster potion
>>641278
>can select 1 target only for Vulcan
The bullets shred through the Bughorse like it did the other one earlier, as the other one's attack bounces off of the Prototype's armor.
>>641280
As you hand off the potions and brew another one, the Bughorse strikes you across the face.
>take 2 hits, helpless, put H/W in name

Bughorse 2 @ Wrangler
[1d10]
Bughorse 3 @ Rhanna
[1d10]
Bughorse 4 @ Cold Brew
[1d10]
Bughorse 5 @ Gaétan
[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 4 = 4 / Roll #4 10 = 10

 No.641282

>>641281
Wrangler attempts to swing a Pile Bunker attack on the bughorse aiming for Gaetan.

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.641283

>>641281
He drives his pommel spike into the one attacking Gaetan with as much force as he can muster.
[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.641284

>>641281
''pft, as if I wasn't going to simply get up you stupid bug, see this scar!? I can heal it off! But tonight you'll DIE!'' She says as she scratches the bags under her eyes as she gets up
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.641285

>>641281
Slugging the fizzy drink down, i start up my strikers and rush the fifth bughorse

"Alright, Time to Work these fools!"
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1] Melee, Bughorse 5

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 8 + 1 = 9

 No.641286

>>641282
Swinging at the bug, you get a good stab at it.
>>641283
The bughorse jumps over your pommel as it jumps at Gaétan.
>>641284
You're unable to get up.
>>641285
As you ignite the primers in your left-hand striker, it explodes, knocking you to the ground, tearing your arm wounds open. The striker is ruined, now, as is your arm. Unfortunately, at the same time, the Bughorse punches you across the face, slamming you down into the ground.
>Gaétan takes 5 hits, helpless with 2 Wounds
>forgot to count the 1 wound from failing to get up earlier, 1 Wound from being hit while helpless

>pause

 No.645749


 No.645750


 No.645751


 No.645752


 No.645753


 No.645754

File: 1444534466390.png (1.02 MB, 1000x1500, 52977108_p0.png)

The party has ventured into the catacombs, wherein they find a terrifying enemy, some amalgamation of arthropodic antagonists, sealed there four years previously by the hero Kumaga. Having just burst from a cocoon, it has fled further into the catacombs, sending several bug-like horses with chitinous armor and glowing green eyes back to cover its back.

Gaétan's left striker gauntlet seems to have broken for the last time, destroying his arm in the process and rendering him helpless on the ground, bleeding profusely on the ground. He has drunk a Bolster potion, but the wound will continue to bleed until Mended.

Wrangler's Vulcan still has two volleys of shots left until he needs to reload. The Prototype fighter is at 31 hits.

Rhanna has no potions left.

Cold Brew is doing fine.

 No.645755

>>645754
He lets out an incoherent and slightly slurred battle cry as he swings his weapon at Bugs 2, 3 and 4.
[1d10] Cleave

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.645756

>>645754

Deafened by the gauntlet explosion, i try and fail to sit up, injuries too much to bear.

>>645750
"Rhanna.. Need some help.."

 No.645757

>>645754
>>645756
''Ugh…I know I know gimme a sec! Don't fucking die you hear?!'' She shouts as she slams a fist on the ground as she struggle to get up ''Fffuck my face…''
'1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.645758

>>645754
>>645756
>>645757
"Rhanna! Get him outta here and get him some medical help! Me and Cold Brew will handle things down here!"

Wrangler then turns his attention back to the further deeper parts of the catacombs. "Come on you varments, let's see how you can handle Wrangler 2.0! YEEEHAAAW!!"

>Inspire

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.645759

>>645757

"No promises.." i wearily reply, trying to stay conscious.

"Just my luck.. another explosion."

 No.645760

>>645755
As you swing your maul out, the bugs dodge, then all jump at you, biting and clawing at you viciously.
>take 5 hits from critfail, helpless
>>645757
Rhanna is able to recover, without drawing much attention from the bughorses.
>>645756
Unable to get up, Rhanna's recovery gives you some comfort.
>>645758
You're unable to Inspire anyone, though now that the bughorses have taken down Cold Brew, they turn on you.

Bughorses 2-5 at Wrangler/Proto
[4d10]

Roll #1 9, 6, 1, 5 = 21

 No.645761

>>645760
Correction-
Cold Brew's attack misses all four Bughorses. They are instead drawn to Wrangler shouting in the Prototype, attacking the source of such a loud, raucous noise.

 No.645762

>>645760
Wrangler attempts to pop open the cockpit so he can fire at the bughorses with his hoof-cannon.

>Whirlwind: DC Hit on 5

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #2 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #3 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #4 7 + 1 = 8 / Roll #5 1 + 1 = 2

 No.645763

>>645758
''Aye aye boss, as soon as I can…You know, MOVE''
>>645759
''Don't you 'no promises' me you sack of shit! you're getting out of here alive and I'll fix that stupid striker of yours myself!''
>>645760
After her bitching (getit?) she gets up in a rush and grabs Gaetan with her mouth, dragging him as she runs on all fours to the slope and climbs it to get Gaetan to safety

 No.645764

>>645760
He recoils from the attack, spitting out blood and wheeling to face his opponents again. He moves in front of the hapless Gaetan, plants both hooves firmly in the ground and swings again with all his might.
>using Protect
[1d10] Blast vs Bug 2

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.645765

>>645763

eyeing the worrying trail of blood from my arm, i glance at the carnage further down the tunnel.

"Think they can take the bugs on?"

 No.645766

>>645765
"With one hoof behind me back!" he yells in the heat of battle. "Get to safety and we'll clear out this rabble."

 No.645767

>>645765
''We barely held them off you with the four of us…I just hope I can patch you up quick enough to go back and help…Don't worry…you'll be fine, and after all this, we're…uh…Going to the movies or something, aight?''

 No.645768

>>645767
Meanwhile, make a potion!
>splabniguvhbau. MEND!

 No.645769

>>645767

"Yeah.. that'd be nice, a movie.."

"Just need to.. swing by the office, grab my check."

 No.645770

>>645769
''Yeah you better, and we'll bring some snacks, because no way in fuck we're paying fifteen bucks for a medium popcorn, deal?''

 No.645771

>>645762
Your first shot works, but then on the second one the cylinder misaligns, causing a chain reaction where the hammer misses the rest of the bullets entirely.
The bughorses claw and tear at Proto, causing some damage, while one of them is unfortunate to get caught under its foot, and stepped on!
>Bughorse 4 dead by critfail
>Proto takes 5 hits, now at 26
>>645764
You're able to cover Gaétan as Rhanna drags him out and up the slope, your maul knocking one of the bugs away from Wrangler.
>>645768
>>645769
Rhanna drags Gaétan up out of the sunken chamber as her backpack brews a Mending potion, brining him into the fountain room where the dead hero lies on the ground.

The bughorses continue their attacks.
>4 & 5 @ Wrangler
[2d10]
>2 @ Cold Brew
[1d10]

Roll #1 3, 1 = 4 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.645772

>>645770
"Damn right.. good thing my jacket has pockets.. sneak it right in, heh."

 No.645773

>>645771
He snarls and stabs bicho numero dos with the pommel of his trusty maul.
[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.645774

>>645771
>>645772
She sighs and chuckles ''Good boy…Now come on, hold still because this might hurt a little…
She starts pouring the potion on his fucked up arm
''…Okay I lied…This will sting like a bitch…''
>using mend potion
meanwhile she makes another potion! this time for heals!
>spplplpllllbtbtbtbt. Heal!

 No.645775

>>645771
"Shit!" He shouts, closing the cockpit once more and getting ready to cut one of them up with his giant knife.

>Stab bughorse 2

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.645776

>>645774

Looking the other way, i bite back a shout as the potion sinks in.

"Tell me.. How bad is it? I can't look."

 No.645777

>>645776
''You would need to stay in the hospital for a long time if I wasn't here to treat it before it got worst…''

 No.645778

>>645777

"Good news, then…"

"Glad you're here.. Any longer down there and i'd be finished."

 No.645779

>>645778
''Hey, what would it be of you guys without me, right?'' She pats his feathery head

 No.645780

>>645773
>>645775
Cold Brew knocks the bughorse to the side with an unbalanced swing, putting it in exactly the right position for Wrangler to stab it in the body with the knife, bisecting its midsection and causing glowing green blood to fly onto the steel arm.
As the arm pulls the knife out, one of the remaining bughorses is unfortunate enough to get cut by the backswing as it leaps at the Prototype, the headless body falling to the ground as the decapitated head flies off and splats against the wall of the chamber. The other one is unable to pinpoint any weak spots on the Prototype, but that doesn't stop it.
>Bughorse 4/5 dead

Bughorse 2 @ Prototype
[1d10]

>>645775
>>645774
Wrangler's major bleeding has been stemmed, as Rhanna brews another potion.

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.645781

>>645779

"Probably bug food, by now.."

"I really need to use something safer than hot plates and steam.. Maybe a sword.. Those don't explode, right?"

 No.645782

>>645780
He gives a lopsided grin as he sees the two bugs fall, and turns to face the final bughorse. "You should be running," he growls as he brings the hammer down on its head.
[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.645783

>>645780
>>645781
>>645780
''With our luck, they just might in your hands…''
''Alright alright now drink this it should make up for the blood loss, you'll start feeling more lucid…''
she puts the potion on his mouth and tilts it to help him drink while her body made a set of others
>How do you spell 'bound'? Distill life

 No.645784

>>645780
Wrangler turns to face the bughorse before winding up for a Pile Bunker attack to counter it.

>Pile Bunker

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.645785

>>645783

In between sips, i try and grope for the radio in my jacket, before wincing in pain.

"Ugh.. should we call for backup?"

 No.645786

>>645785
''Yes, but not for help, to tell about the bug that blew the ground and ran away, tell everything you know about him while I run back to the others, got it?''

 No.645787

>>645786
Recovering my senses, i manage to sit up slightly, nodding.

"Right. I'll radio in, tell them we lost another one."

 No.645788

>>645787
''We sure are good proffesionals huh? Well don't tell them we loooost it..Just tell them that we were swarmed by like…50-70 bugs and he ran away from us while we bravely fought our way against the army, aight?''

 No.645789

>>645788

"Hehe, Sure thing."

"'It was an army of fire-breathing mantis, couldn't cut through them fast enough'"

 No.645790

>>645782
With a mighty swing of your maul, you reduce the last bughorse to chunky green salsa.
>>645784
Unfortunately, as you turn, the Prototype slips on some of the bugjuice from the dead, causing the robot to fall on its back.
>>645788
You slide down the slope towards the others, joining them in the main chamber.
>>645789
You've been left alone and out of harm's way… FOR NOW

 No.645791

>>645790
Wrangler just groans as he gets back up and brushes whatever bugjuices he has on the suit off. "Well, time to go find their leader." He then makes his way for the deeper catacombs.

 No.645792

>>645789
''Yep, you're good, now drink all these and you'll be good to go. good luck soldier!'' She salutes him before sliding back down the slope
>Leaving all the potions on the ground near Gaetan
>Boundmizing alchespell. lifestream

 No.645793

>>645790

The pain from the injury mostly numbed, i use my good arm to sit back up, pulling my radio out with some difficulty from my jacket pocket.

tch.."Payload, you there?"

"We've spotted a queen class encroach in the catacombs, it's moved further in, the rest of the team is in pursuit."

 No.645794

>>645792
"Right. I'll take care of the radio, don't get killed!"

 No.645795

>>645790
>>645791
He nods as he wipes his face with his beard. "Let's do it." He keeps moving deeper into the structure, keeping an eye out for anything unusual.
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.645796

File: 1444539414120.jpg (355.36 KB, 1132x739, Cavern Map 2.jpg)

>>645791
>>645795
>>645792
Heading east in the direction the buglord headed, you come into a similar room, with hallways going north and south. However, the inside is splattered with bugjuice and bughorse bodyparts.
>>645793
"Roger, this is Payload," she answers, "What is your status as of now, over?"

 No.645797

>>645796

tch.. "I'm hurt bad down here, gauntlet failure. Rhanna stopped the bleeding, though this time i don't think bed rest is going to fix it."

"Bad sign when you can't move it, right?"

Holding the radio in the crook of my shoulder, i take a swig from one of the healing potion.

 No.645798

>>645796
Wrangler heads to the next location to the east, switching on his flashlight and looking around.

>Perception

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.645799

>>645796
>>645791
He turns to Wrangler. "We ought to cover as much ground as we can. I'll go this way. You go the other. If I find anything, I'll shout ye." He gestures towards the south passage.

 No.645800

>>645799
Assuming his companion agrees, he begins to head south, looking for signs of bug activity.
[1d10] yadda yadda

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.645801

File: 1444540571568.jpg (449.4 KB, 1132x1108, Cavern Map 3.jpg)

>>645797
"Yeah, I heard something from Spring Fever about it," she says over the radio. You can hear magazine pages turning, "It's in your file, too. They'll probably have to amputate it. Which would you prefer, a bug arm or a robot arm?"
>>645798
You come into a smaller room, where there are tunnels going east and west. A black, twisting spire goes from the floor to the ceiling, with three bughorses hibernating on it. They do not move as you come in.
>>645800
You come into a smaller room, where there are two tunnels going east and west. A black, twisting spire goes from the floor to the ceiling. The Buglord is busy devouring one of the bughorses in the room. The body of one of them is on the floor, while another is hibernating while hugging the spire.
The Buglord turns to look at you, its many-toothed maw covered in green blood. Its eyes flash red, as its horn glows red.
[1d10+2] Telekinesis(Fire)@Cold Brew

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9

 No.645802

>>645801
Also Gaétan is at 0/3 after drinking the Heal potion.

 No.645803

>>645801
"Looks like it's about that time…" He says, aiming the Vulcan at the bug horses and firing at them.

>Vulcan Shot, alternating targets.

[10d10+1]

Roll #1 4, 10, 2, 10, 5, 7, 8, 8, 6, 6 + 1 = 67

 No.645804

>>645801
He stops dead in his tracks at the sight of the tremendous abomination, looking it up and down and taking in every grotesque detail. He draws his maul and steels himself for a fight. "Hello, beastie," he grins, and swings at it.
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.645805

>>645801
tch.. "you seem awfully calm about a missing arm.."

"With my luck, that robot arm will probably explode.."

"That bug arm won't spring to life and try to kill me, right? Moonsoon has this sort of thing tested?"

 No.645806

>>645805
"Yeah, keeping calm usually helps things," she says, "If you get excited, you might get yourself hurt again. Let's keep nice and calm. What's in the room you're in? Are you in notable danger?"
>>645803
Your bullets tear into the hibernating Bughorses, killing one and injuring the other. The two remaining Bughorses spring from the spire, though one is heavily injured. They both fly at you, swinging their clawed hooves at the Prototype's armor.
[2d10]@Wrangler
>1 Vulcan Shot left before requiring reload
>>645804
The Buglord sidesteps your strike, and you find yourself engulfed in flames. The remaining Bughorse jumps from the spire, swinging at your flaming body, while the Buglord heads west, leaving the room.
[1d10]@Cold Brew

Roll #1 1, 3 = 4 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.645807

>>645806
>forgot
Cold Brew takes 4 hits from the fire, helpless.
Rhanna is in the same room as Cold Brew.

 No.645808

>>645801
"Ew… Fuck dude, there's better things to eat you know?" She reaches from behind her
"Liiike THIS!" She throws the lifestream Potion at the bug Lord

 No.645809

Wrangler pops open the cockpit to fire a shot off at one of the bughorses. (Hopefully the one that didn't critfail)

>Hoof-cannon shot: DC 5

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.645810

>>645806
He yelps and panics slightly as he finds himself alight, instinctively remembering what he was taught as a colt. He stops, drops to the floor and rolls over to extinguish the flames before getting back up.
[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.645811

>>645808
'1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.645812

>>645806

tch.. "Rhanna dropped me off in the fountain room, should be the main chamber on the map. There's a massive hole in the floor here, can't miss it."

dully aware of pain, i try and stand back up, careful to avoid banging my injured arm on the floor.
[1d10] Recovery

"We won't let this one get away, you can tell Moonsoon that much."

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.645813

>>645808
The potion lands on the Buglord's back as he retreats westward, but he seems to shrug it off.
>1 hit to use with healing acquired
>>645809
You're able to easily kick off the almost-dead bughorse. The other one takes the hit, jumping away before its attack can connect, thought it comes back for another one.
[1d10]@Wrangler
>>645810
You're able to recover, but as soon as you're up the other bughorse is on you, clawing at you with its sharpened hooves.
>Recovered, take 3 hits, now at 2/4
>>645812
You're able to get up, now that you're refreshed. "Alright, just keep guard, for now," Payload says, "Is that hero guy in there, by any chance? The bug guy was telling me about him, but he was standing on the other side of the room 'so as not to invade the lady's personal space,' so I didn't hear all of it."

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.645814

>>645813
>forgot
After the Bughorse ravages Cold Brew, it jumps off of him, flying at Rhanna with its clawed hooves out in front of it.
[1d10]@Rhanna

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.645815

>>645813
He fires another round at it, hoping to hit it before it strikes him.

>Hoof-cannon shot.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.645816

>>645813
He scowls. "I've just about had enough of these bloody bugs!" he roars as he strikes the monster.
[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.645817

>>645813
>>645814
"Ack! Get the hell off of me dirty bug!" She tries to block and push it off
'1d10' shoo shoo

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.645818

>>645813

tch.. "Hero guy? Like what, a statue?"

Looking back towards the dead pony near the fountain, i limp my way towards the body, taking a moment to search it's belongings.
[1d10] Search

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.645819

>>645815
Your bullet tears into it, but it's still alive enough to get right at you.
>Wrangler takes 4 hits
Hanging onto the robot, it lashes out at you once more.
[1d10]@Wrangler
>>645816
Your maul cracks at the bughorse as it claws at Rhanna.
>>645817
You're unable to get the bug off of you, as it tears into your flesh with its clawed hooves.
>take 4 hits
The bug continues assaulting Rhanna, ignoring Cold Brew altogether.
[1d10]@Rhanna
>>645818
The young dead stallion has nothing on him, save for the belt around his waist. "Not a statue, it's probably a skeleton or corpse by now, but it should have a belt on it."

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.645820

>>645819
"Okay! I had it with you!"
'1d10' Falcon PUNCH

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.645821

>>645819
"It's only polite to do a lady a favor!" he quips as he swings at the bug again.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.645822

>>645819
He closes the cockpit quickly only to try and smack it with a Pile Bunker

>Pile Bunker

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.645823

>>645819

taking a closer look at the belt, i unstrap it from the body and try to attach it around my waist one-taloned(?)
[1d10] Equip

tch.. "Did he mention what the belt does? Or is it just to hold pants up?"

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.645824

>>645820
Your fist is ineffective at knocking the bug off.
>take 4 hits, helpless
>put H/W on
Your helplessness doesn't stop it, though, and it keeps clawing at you, mouth opening to show a number of sharp teeth, as well as a spiked tongue.
[1d10]@Rhanna
>>645821
Your maul smashes the chitin on its back, but it's still tearing at Rhanna, as if possessed. Another Bughorse comes from the hallway to the west, jumping at you.
[1d10]@Cold Brew
>>645822
The spike deploys in midair, going through the bughorse's head, splitting it open like a melon.

>>645823
Her voice is loud in your ear. "What's the belt do?" She shouts. After a beat, she says, "He says it turns whoever's wearing it into the hero."
The belt is made of segmented iron bars, with a circular disc with a hoop on it on the left hip. The buckle is wide enough to cover the front of your waist, made of a lightweight metal. A rounded black gem sits in the middle. On the left of the black gem is a square ruby, sapphire, and emerald embedded into a disc, arranged into a triangle, with the ruby sitting on top.

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 2 = 2

 No.645825

>>645824
"Oh for the love of-" He swings at the new arrival with a grunt.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.645826

>>645824
Finishing this area up, Wrangler begins to set off to the west, waiting to take on the east with the others.

 No.645827

>>645824

Managing to strap the belt on, i eye the sparkling gems with curiosity.

tch.. "He didn't mention how it 'turns whoever wears it into a hero', right?"

 No.645828

File: 1444545094774.jpg (162.52 KB, 1132x1108, Cavern Map 4.jpg)

>>645825
The Bughorse takes the swing at the face well, though it misses the attack. That doesn't stop it, though, as it relentlessly claws at you.
[1d10]@Cold Brew
>>645826
You arrive in the room at the same time as the Buglord- the tall, bipedal creature has green bugjuice all down its front. Its six eyes narrow, glaring at you as its horn glows red.
[1d10+2]Telekinesis(Fire)@Wrangler

>>645827
"Lemme ask him… HOW'S IT WORK?" You feel a ringing in your ear, even though you're talking on a trottie-chattie, "He says to press the black gem in the middle."

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 3 + 2 = 5

 No.645829

>>645828
"There you are you son of a bitch. Let's see how hard that armor of yours is!" He then rushes in to go for a Pile Bunker attack, hopefully to shatter any tough chitin that acts as armor.

>Pile Bunker: Shatter armor (if no armor, normal attack)

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.645830

>>645828

tch.. "rright.. I'll give it a try, thanks."

slipping the chattie back into my jacket, i take a look at the belt for a moment before finding the black gem and pressing it with a talon.

"Oh this is going to end well.."

 No.645831

>>645828
"Just die already!" he roars, roundhouse punching the bug with his free hoof.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.645832

>>645829
Whatever he wanted to do didn't work, it seems. You miss at him with the Pile Bunker- he responds with a punch to the Prototype's head.
>>645831
Like the other bugs, this one is just as tough. It continues the back and forth with you, opening its mouth wide, pouncing on you and intent on biting your ear off.
>>645830
As you press into the black gem, your body is engulfed in a flowing gold energy. You feel something tightly enveloping your whole body, as well as heavy weights being put on your torso, wrists, and calfs, before they appear to be light as air. Your head is encased in a beak-shaped helmet, your talons covered in gold gauntlets.

Looking at yourself, you see that you've been covered in what seems like a smooth, black material, leaving not an inch of fur, feather, or skin bared. Your head has been covered by a helmet with a W-shaped angular crest on the forehead, your beak now covered in gold beak armor. The weights on your body are red armor plates trimmed with gold, with armor on the top of your wings, as well. Best of all, you feel a power coursing through your body, and you feel refreshed and awake.

>Gaétan @ 5/5

>Wrangler @2/6, Prototype @ 26
>Cold Brew @ 2/4
>Rhanna @ 0/4

>pausing



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]