[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1420424449822.jpg (1.4 MB, 1654x1159, 47985241_p0.jpg)

 No.612509[Last 50 Posts]

This is going to be the thread for Vermin Destruction, a game about exterminators killing creepy mutant bugs.

Here's the first draft of the proposal sheet: http://pastebin.com/Lwe6uHn6
It will maybe get updated in the future.

I don't have a suitable OP. Happy New Year's!

 No.612510

Post sheets, we start when everyone arrives

 No.612511

File: 1420424565907.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600, standard issue dwarf.jpg)


 No.612512


 No.612513


 No.612514

File: 1420424869986.png (129.51 KB, 800x480, Gaétan.png)


 No.612515


 No.612516


 No.612517

File: 1420425538091.jpg (58.79 KB, 698x835, CNCR_Beta_Chem_Warrior.jpg)


 No.612518

File: 1420425789146.jpg (114.77 KB, 1024x768, 47996491_p0.jpg)

>>612511
>>612511
>>612512
>>612514
>>612516
>>612517
Alright, that's everyone. Make sure you've got your character's name with the H/W in your name field, and don't have your email in the email field. Writing up the opening post.

 No.612519

The sun rises on Manehattan, turning the city shades of orange and brown as the light shines sharply through the tall buildings, through the valleys of the multilithic streets and sidewalks. Flowers growing through the cracks of the concrete open up to accept the golden light of the mother sun, while the ruins of last week Encroach attack are slowly lit up.

So begins another day at Roach Rustlers Extermination Co., but it's the first day after the company has signed the contract with the city to be the sole defense against the mutant bug menace. It means a pay raise for those who choose to go on the job to specifically kill the killer arthropods, but a raise in the mortality rate, as well. Nevertheless, business owner Grubadug, a Diamond Dog with a beard as bushy as a caterpillar, thinks things'll be just fine.

The business is located in an ex-warehouse, with an employee recreation/lounge area, an open garage for the vans employed by the company, and a small maze of filing cabinets with open-ceiling offices. Large fans hang from the top, slowly spinning and making it a little less hot during this devil's summer. A chain-link fence surrounds the parking lot, with grass growing in the cracks of the tar.

Time to clock in!

 No.612520

Quickswitch, reading the directions his was given, arrives at the gate of the ex-warehouse. The sunglasses he wears protects his eyes from the morning sun

'Huh, so, this is the place, eh? Strange, I don't see anyone here.'

 No.612521

>>612519
Rhanna came to work whistling a merry tune. The pay rise cheered her up immensely when she received the news. She put her card on that clock thing and waved to Grubadug. " Aaaay boss! Looking sharp and handsome as always!" She said with a wink and made a gun with her hand, clicking her tongue to flatter the Dog before looking for a place to sit down and put away her bag filled with many bug-related books

 No.612522

>>612519

Pest makes his way to the warehouse, currently unsuited with nothing but his belt (holding his flashlight, wallet, lunchbox, ect.). He tries to avoid the sights of any passerby, his semi-shy and anti-social nature not enjoying the occasional stare he gets.

"Alrighty, first day battling Encroaches, exciting. I'll get to see them up close… study them, ooh, reminds me of my university days…"

Pest says to himself. He silently enters the warehouse, clocking in and setting down lunchbox in his employee locker and grabbing his gas-thrower, tinkering with it to make sure it's in perfect order. Today is a big day, and he wants to make sure everything is working a-okay.

 No.612523

>>612519
Shuffling into the building from my mess of an apartment, i manage to clock in, yawning noisily.

"Ughh i am not a morning person…"

 No.612524

>>612519
Cold Brew yawns and grumbles indistinctly as the sun hits his face through the broken window of his makeshift home. Yawning and stretching before rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he goes about his usual morning routine of drenching himself in a bucket of cold water before drying off, suiting up in his signature armor and hoisting his maul across his shoulder as he leaves home. Normally he'd go to O'Reilly's before work to see if he can bum some breakfast, but today he decides to skip that and head directly to work to avoid angering his boss. He whistles a jaunty tune as he enters the building, punching in as per usual and taking in the surroundings. "Morning, lads!" he thunders to no one in particular.

 No.612525

>>612524
"Aye." Rhanna said before picking a book. Some reading before the job would be nice. Helps keep her brain working.
She yawned before opening the summary page and scanning it's contents

 No.612526

>>612520
You just got here early. The doors open up, and soon twenty or so workers come in, brushing and bumping past you as they clock in and head to the employee lounge, making themselves coffee and talking about local news. The work crew is diverse, with Earth Ponies, Unicorns, Pegasi, Diamond Dogs, goats, and even a Changeling working there. You recognize Grubadug from the billboards you've seen around town, but you are accosted by a sharply-dressed unicorn with a lavender coat and purple hair, wearing a dress blouse and a black skirt. "Excuse me, you're Quickswitch, right?" She asks, but before you're able to answer she says, "Follow me so we can get your picture taken for your employee ID," then turns to lead you into the building and towards the office. Her hair is done up in a bun, and her ID shows her name to be Glossamer. The process takes you to a booth where a camera takes your picture, with or without your preparation, which is then developed and glued onto a paper card. "Don't lose this," Glossamer says as she clips it to your chest, looking down at you from behind her glasses.
>>612521
The old dog grunts in acknowledgement, sipping from his coffee.
>>612522
Grubadug grunts at you as you come in, patting you on the back in a show of good spirit.
>>612523
Grubadug's eyes shoot open as you walk by, judging you by your posture and noisy yawn.
>>612524
You're one of the last ones to clock in, Grubadug pointedly tapping on his wristwatch to show that you were almost late.

 No.612527

>>612526
Slightly overwhelmed by the quickness of the procedures, Quickswitch was left standing there in silence.

After a few seconds of nothing, he finally decides to look down at the picture he was given. The look on his face proves that, indeed, he did not like his picture.

'Um excuse me, Ms. um…Glossamer, but may I take my picture again?'

 No.612528

>>612526
She tilted her head to the side to pop a few bones in her neck.
" Man I'm tired. What are we gonna do today boss? I mean I'm sure that with a great pay raise comes a great responsibility huh?" She asked,referencing to her favorite comic series.

 No.612529

>>612526

I give the old dog a nod and take a seat on a nearby bench, making sure both the Bug sprayer and my strikers are on me and working.

[1d10] Equipment Check

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.612530

>>612525
He glances over at the book as he passes by. "What's that yer reading there, miss Rhanna?"

>>612526
He clears his throat and shoots a glance at Grub's watch sheepishly. "…Well, there was traffic. Horrible stuff. Clogged up for aboot a mile each way." He shakes his head. "The important thing is I'm not late, eh? You can always count on Cold Brew!" He thumps his chest proudly at having arrived on time, his armor clanking and rattling.

 No.612531

>>612526

Pest Aside rubs his back as if something unclean had touched him. He looks around the room with analyzing eyes that roam amongst the employees before quickly looking down, afraid he might accidently lock eyes with someone. He walks over to his employer gas-thrower in hoof.

"Grubadug, when should I suit up? it takes a bit to get into so I just kinda wanted to know if we're heading out any time soon so I could prepare…"

He says, his voice a mid-baritone as he scratches his neck awkwardly.

 No.612532

>>612531
"Aye, what he said! It's barely 8 in the morning and I'm already itching to stomp some roaches!" Cold Brew roars.

 No.612533

>>612532
"Isn't all that armor going to slow you down?" i shout from my seat "You've got to keep moving if you want to keep your limbs on you!"

 No.612534

>>612527
"Please, I'd like to retake my picture," she says, showing him her card, which seemed to have her pre-sneeze, with one eye mostly closed, a glob of boogers hanging out her nose, and her snout scrunched up.
>>612530
Grubadug opens his eyes to look at you, who he knows ran to work based on your breathing and your perspiration, as his Diamond Dog senses have taught him.
>>612531
"I'll let you know," he says, maybe his first words of the day.
>>612528
Grubadug rowrs in a yawn, not really responding. As the last stragglers and the latecomers come in, he walks towards his office, sitting down in his desk and getting ready for the day's work, which included reading a stack of comic books for some reason. You're able to smell unwashed clothes, alcohol, and sour perspiration, recognizable as belonging to Cold Brew.
>>612529
Everything looks good, and as far as you can tell there's no reason it wouldn't explode while you were trying to fight off a hoard of spiders.

Inside Grubadug's office, the phone goes off. He sets down his issue of The Inequinoids to pick it up, talking shortly, then setting it down. Pushing down the intercom, he clears his throat for several seconds, filling the warehouse with the sound of him grunting and getting dog boogers out of his throat. "Would the following employees please report to the garage for Encroach extermination…"

There's the sound of papers shuffling and straightening, before he reads out, "Cold Brew, Geh… Guy… Gaetan, Pest Aside, Quickswitch, whoever that is, and Rhanna. Yeah. To the garage, please."

 No.612535

>>612534

'…Ah.' He said, suddenly not wanting to speak about it anymore.

Hearing his name being announced in the speakers, he starts to take off for the garage, when he remembers he doesn't even know where the garage is.

'Hey, uh, can you tell me where the garage is?'

 No.612536

>>612534

Pest lets out a quiet "Thanks" before heading to the garage, leaving strapping his gas-thrower on to his back for now. He tries to avoid eye contact again with anyone, walking swiftly ahead to avoid bumping into anyone.

 No.612537

>>612533
He shoots Gaetan a glare, wheeling around to face him. "Listen here, laddy. When you're face to face with a killer roach, don't come crying to me when one pierces yer wee flesh with its stingers and spikes and nasty, big, pointy teeth! I can move about just fine in this here suit, and not a single roach is going to scratch me. You just wait and see." He thumps his maul on the ground for emphasis.

>>612534
"Roger that!" he barks cheerfully, having a complete mood swing as he salutes in the general direction of Grubadug's office before tramping out to the garage as per the orders.

 No.612538

>>612534

Strapping the tank to my back and the gloves to my talons, i make my way to the garage at a quickened pace.

"What a drag." i sigh "At least he tried to say my name right this time."

 No.612539

>>612535
Glossamer points off towards a corner, where you see several vans lined up with a chain link fence around it. "Go get 'em, newbie," she says, offering you a coy smile.
>>612536
>>612538

As you draw near the garage, you can see one of the secretaries, named Dandybell, pulling some benches in front of a whiteboard, with a large chest on the ground. "Hello!" she says, as you draw near, her brown eyes sparkling with excitement, "Have a seat, I'm going to give you orientation!"
>>612537
As you walk towards the office, Dandybell shouts out to you. "No, no, Cold Brew! Over here!" She waves her forelegs at you, standing on her rear legs, "Sit down so we can talk about procedure!"

 No.612540

>>612539
'Thanks.' He said, before trotting briskly towards the fans, whistling all the way.

 No.612541

>>612539

Pest sits alone quietly, but awaits eagerly to learn more about the strange insects currently plaguing the city. Entomology has always fascinated him, and more information is always great.

 No.612542

>>612539

"Alright, let's hear it" i say, dropping into a nearby chair.

"From what i heard these bugs are no joke, mulched an entire house like it was nothing!"

 No.612543

>>612539
He pulls up a chair and promptly takes a seat, resting his maul on his lap as he awaits briefing, humming under his breath.

 No.612544

>>612540
As you approach the garage, a yellow-coated pony with an orange mane waves you over. "Hey, come over here, we're doing orientation!" she shouts, "For the Encroaches!
>>612542
"Oh, that would be nice, if it were just a house," she says, "But there were actually several casualties, several ruined buildings, miscellaneous damage, and more than a million bits lost in damage and military actions!"
>>612541
>>612543
"Alright, everypony, as you know, Manehattan has recently become infested with a myste~rious plague of mutant bugs and pests that we've come to call Encroaches! What you might not know is that they're now considered to be more than pests, and instead classified as dangerous animals that are capable of massive damage and multiple casualties if left unchecked. So far they've mostly been breeding and nesting in factories and industrial areas, but have the potential to nest anywhere."
"So, to combat this, Roach Rustlers signed up with the city to be the sole defenders of our city against the Encroaching menace!" She picks up a party popper with telekinesis, pulling on the string to spray confetti, most of it landing on Cold Brew.
"As nice as it would be to say getting rid of these creatures is easy, that would be wrong. So Roach Rustlers is getting support from a research and development company that normally works for the military, called Moonsoon~" She makes the 'oo' sounds extra long, puckering her lips up. "I'm their official representative here," she says, pointing out a badge on her orange jumpsuit, a gold piece with a moon partially covered by clouds with several sheets of rain coming from them. "The first thing they sent us is this, a high-powered hoof-held drill. I'd open it up and show you, but I'm terrified of pointy objects. Who wants it?"

 No.612545

>>612544

Pest Aside is interested in the talk of the bugs and Moonsoon, but when the drill his brought up, he stays quiet.

 No.612546

>>612544

Quickswitch is silent, opting to see how everything works before doing anything.

 No.612547

>>612545

He notices the stallion besides him and decides to strike up a conversation.

'That is an awesome evergreen mane.'He thinks to himself.

'Hi, name's Quickswitch.' He raises his hoof to shake hooves.

 No.612548

>>612544

"Sorry, but i'm out of room for hoof-held anythings." i say, gesturing to my gauntlet-clad talons.

"With these knuckles on, i'd be more likely to drop it than use it properly."

 No.612549

>>612544
He irritatedly brushes the confetti out of his beard as he listens. "I don't trust that new-fangled technology crap," he growls.

 No.612550

>>612547

Pest Aside looks at the pegasus with uncertainty, nervously offering his own hoof to shake as well.

"Pest Aside. My name's Pest Aside…"

He says, scooching slightly farther away.

 No.612551

>>612550

He notices Pest Aside slowly scooching away, and decides to crack a joke.

'Come on, I won't bite. Well, not as hard as the bugs.'

 No.612552

>>612550
He frowns. "What's your problem then? Roach got your tongue?"

 No.612553

>>612545
>>612546
>>612548
>>612549
"N-no one?" Dandybell asks with a stutter, "W-well, okay, I guess we can just take it with us in the van, you can come get it if you change your mind. So, um, back to business! We received an early warning from Westworld Widgets just now that they might have found some Encroach eggs, so we're going to go over and spray the place! Here are some important things we've found out so far-" She starts writing on the white board with a smelly black marker.

1. The eggs are normally hidden well, so you'll have to look hard for them!
2. The eggs develop and hatch quickly when they detect living bodies around them, so spray them quick before they hatch!
3. The egg piles have some sort of telepathic communication system, where they can detect that another one's been killed. This can agitate them so that the others hatch quicker, so spreading out and synchronizing is important!
4. Once hatched, they can grow and evolve quickly, to the point that they might actually be invulnerable to normal extermination methods! Again, quickness is key!
5. The queen is always nearby! If you don't go after the eggs, first, they may hatch when they sense she is under attack, and come to help!

"Any questions?"

 No.612554

>>612553

Quickswitch raises his hand.

'Yes.' He clears his throat before saying, 'do we have any other weapons besides a drill?

 No.612555

>>612551
>>612552

"Ha ha… yeah, that's a funny joke. Just focused on the job right now…"

Pest says in a semi-awkward tone, trying to avoid as much conversation as possible.

>>612553

Pest processes the information rapidly, raising his hoof eagerly,

"Could I possibly get this down on paper later? For research purposes? I don't have a notebook on me at the present…"

he says with much more confidence, eager to soak in all the Encroach information he can.

 No.612556

>>612553

"So by the looks of this, we would have seconds to kill every egg in the factory before being overwhelmed by both the queen and the swarms of children we missed."

"How many exterminators have we lost so far?" i ask, raising an eyebrow.

 No.612557

>>612555

'No, I'm being serious. Besides the bug sprays, don't we have anything else? I mean, I brought a bat, if that's anything.'

 No.612558

>>612553
He nods as he takes in the information, tightening his grip on his maul. "Find the eggs, smash the eggs, do it quick or the whole thing goes pear-shaped, leave the queen for last. Got it."

 No.612559

>>612557

Pest looks to the pegasus again, and shrugs,

"Well umm, personally I don't need anything more than my spray. My patented S.L.A.M.™ and B.L.A.S.T.™ sprays are potent enough to kill any insect… I hope. But I've actually studied insects for years, but I don't know much about Encroach entomology yet. Hopefully this will be a good learning experience."

he says with less awkwardness than before, still slightly shying away.

 No.612560

>>612554
"No, Moonsoon just started work on the Encroaches. It's got a special serrated edge to grind and cut against carapaces, and has an extra inch of point to help the initial pressure piercing and lodge the rest of the drill in."
>>612555
"Sure, we can get that for you," Dandybell says, righting it down in a planner.
>>612556
"We personally have not lost anyone, though there have been eighteen civilian and eight military casualties as a result of hatched Encroaches and angered queens. They don't hatch in seconds, but they hatch QUICKER after they realize they're in trouble. Just do a good job, oka~y?"
>>612558
"See, he's got it!" She says, pointing at you while confetti still hangs on your armor. She lifts the chest with the drill up with telekinesis, then trots over to the vans. "Let's go, everybody!"
>Get in the van

 No.612561

>>612560

'Suddenly the drill seems a lot more nicer.'

Quickswitch quickly flies to the van, getting a seat beside the window.

 No.612562

>>612560
He takes a moment to shake himself off like a wet dog, sending confetti flying every which way before getting in the van, grumbling incoherently as he rests his maul on his lap once more.
>[1d10] for confetti cleaning

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.612563

>>612560

"Really hope these vans aren't just pony sized."

Getting up out of my chair, I make my way to the van and get into the back, adjusting myself to fit comfortably.

 No.612564

File: 1420433241791.jpg (56.36 KB, 801x762, tf2_pyro.jpg)

>>612560

Pest Aside nods, running down to the locker room and suiting up, wearing a cross between armor and a hazmat suit, completely obscuring any part of his body, mask covering his face. The only part that isn't covered in suit is his tail, sticking out of a small hole in the suit. He makes his way to the van, feeling much more confident.

"Let's do this thing."

He says in a muffled voice, underneath his mask.

 No.612565

>>612564
"That's the spirit!" he roars, raising his tankard in a mock toast.

 No.612566


Seeing the commotion of everyone clammering up to the van, he snickered.

'This is like a movie I saw,' He said to no one in particular, 'Bunch of badasses in a transport vehicle, waiting to kick some flank.'

 No.612567

>>612561
The only other window seat is the passenger seat up front next to Dandybell, who turns the engine on and turns the radio onto a bubblegum pop station, doobedoo'ing as she pulls out of the garage and onto the street.
>>612562
The pink and white confetti slips and falls off.
>>612563
>>612564
As the two of you close the doors, Dandybell wastes no time in getting to the site.

A short time later, you've arrived at the gate to a widget factory, where the employees have evacuated outside. Dandybell parks the van, getting out and talking to the owner, then comes back to the van, opening up the back of the van. "Alright, everybody! Everyone's cleared out, and we've got the okay to move in! The following areas need to be checked for egg piles-"
1. Assembly Line
2. Restrooms (Male/Female)
3. Air Ducts
4. Offices
5. Storage
She pulls out a plethora of trotty-talkies, handing them out. "Find an area to clear out, get the eggs, and then we can find the queen!"

 No.612568

>>612567
Quickswitch tests his walkie-talkie.

'Hello? Is this thing working?'

 No.612569

>>612567

Pest hooks the trotty-talkie to his suit, reminding himself to build one into his helmet later.

"I'll be taking the bathroom, since I've got the gas mask. I'll keep in contact via 'talkie. Good luck out there, guys."

He says in his muffled voice, looking around,

"We got a map or something? I don't know where exactly to go."

 No.612570

>>612569
'I'll follow Pest Aside. And I agree with the map thing.'

 No.612571

>>612568
Assessing the situation, i turn to the new guy.

"We'll need a pony small enough to fit into the ducts to check for eggs. You and I are the only fliers and I'm too big to fit. do you think you can Handle it?"

 No.612572

>>612571
'Hm…yeah. I think I can pull it off. So, all I need to do id to find bug eggs and spray the crap outta them?

 No.612573

>>612567
He takes a trotty-talkie and holsters it for further use. "I'll be in the storage, then," he calls before jumping out of the back of the van. 'Give a holler on the doohickeys if there's trouble, lads."

 No.612574

>>612569
'Sorry, bud, but you can't exactly fly.'

 No.612575

>>612570

"We need to be split up for this to work, but since you're new Quickswitch, go ahead and follow along if you wish. I'll take the lead, if you don't mind."

>>612574

"Alrighty, so i'll go alone as previously thought. Sounds good."

 No.612576

>>612572

"looks like it. We've got to get all of them, or else we'll have a swarm to deal with."

>>612567
"So that would leave storage, the offices, and the assembly line."

"How far away are they from each other?" I ask our unicorn friend. "i may need to run between them if we run out of time."

 No.612577

>>612568
Your voice blares out of the other walkie-talkies.
>>612569
"You'll find it easily enough, they've got signs for everything!" Dandybell says.
As you head in, you notice that the factory is clean, with scrubbed and painted-white concrete, along with plenty of friendly signs and safety mascots. The male and female restrooms are separated by a wall, with a path leading to the left for the men's rooms, and the right for the women's rooms.
>>612576
"They're close by," Dandybell says, showing you on the map. The offices are connected to the assembly line area with the same hallway as the restrooms, while the storage room is connected to the assembly line.
>>612573
You enter the factory, following painted signs and pointing arrows, leading you through the assembly line area and into the storage room. Rows of shelves full of boxes ready to be shipped out face you, the lights turned off. You don't hear any noise, besides the air blowing in from the assembly area.

 No.612578

>>612577
'Gah!' Quickswitch responded, slightly shocked by the loudness of the talkies.

He flies up to the ducts, managing to squeeze into an open part of the ducts.

'Duct cleaning is ready to a-go.' He says into the talkie.

 No.612579

>>612577

Pest does not enter the bathrooms yet, not wishing to let the eggs know there's anything out there yet.

"qqqqqrtzz.. at the bathrooms, ready to enter when everyone else is ready. Don't go in until everybody's ready, don't want these babies popping early. Over."

He says into the 'talkie, reading his gas-thrower. as he waits outside the stallion's restroom.

 No.612580

>>612574
>>612575
"Right, i'll search through the offices and the assembly line then."

>>612577
Grabbing a 'talkie, i make my way onto the assembly line floor.

>>612579
"On my way to the assembly floor now, standby."

 No.612581

>>612577
"Something's not right here," he says to no one in particular as he searches the room for any signs of roaches. He suddenly remembers to use the trottie-talkies, and fumbles to grab it and let his companions in. "Everything looks clear right now. No signs of bugs, big or small."

>[1d10] Perception or some shit


Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.612582

>>612581
'You're right. I don't hear anything besides you guys.'

[1d10] For perception

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.612583

>>612581

bzzrt…"Good to hear, but stay cautious. If you see anything, let us know. If you see the queen, you spray and you run."

 No.612584

>>612578
The ducts are wider than they are tall, meaning you are able to turn around, but unable to stand up. They hang over the assembly area, sucking the air out and blowing it outside. However, it might not be easy finding the eggs.
>>612582
As you search for the eggs, you find that one of the fans hasn't been turned off. You get cut in the face by the fan blades, blood running down your neck.
>take 4 hits
>>612579
"Go on in," Dandybell says, "Just keep your distance, and keep your eyes open!"
>roll to find eggs
>>612580
The assembly line has multiple rows of conveyor belts, with stations for individual workers to put together the different widgets the factory provides, with racks and empty boxes at the end, to be put into storage once finished.
>roll to find eggs
>>612581
You do not find any eggs, or sign of Encroaches. You can't be too sure about whether there's something there, however.

 No.612585

>>612584

I make a slow sweep of the area, priming the sprayer as a precaution

bzzrt…"Beginning search now, hold on."

[1d10] Search

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.612586

>>612580
>>612584

"Copy that. Breaching now, Over."

Pest Aside says into the 'talkie, entering the bathroom with his Hydraulic Gas-thrower readyed with a canister of S.L.A.M.™. He looks around the room for the eggs, as well as any other anomalies.

[1d10] perception

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.612587

>>612584
Quickswitch starts slowly hovering above the inner air ducts, with his hooves together, as he doesn't want the ducts to fall under his weight.

'Quickswitch hovering along, now.'

 No.612588

>>612584
He stops to think for a moment, trotting amongst the shelves and turning out some of the boxes in case they're nesting in there.

>[1d10] Perception again


Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.612589

>>612585
You quickly find a pile of three purple Encroach eggs, covered in an oily substance, attached to each other by a gelatin slime. They twitch occasionally, but make no offensive movement.
>>612586
Your initial scan reveals no eggs. It might not be enough, however…
>>612588
Despite your more in-depth search, you fail to find any eggs. If there were any, however, they might already have felt your body heat…

 No.612590

>>612589

brrzt…"Cluster found, three eggs. Report in, see anything?"

I keep my head down to avoid alerting the eggs and keep the nozzle aimed at the cluster

 No.612591

>>612589
>>612590

"They're clever, can't find them yet. Still looking, Over."

Pest says into the 'talkie, flipping open stalls and looking in and out of toilets, fortunate to be wearing full body protection.

[1d10]perception

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.612592

>>612589
>>612590
"There's nothing here!" he growls. "Leastways naught that I can see." He begins to check under the shelves and on the ceiling.

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.612593

>>612589
'OW!' QUickswitch screamed. 'What the hell just hit me?!'

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.612594

>>612590
"You found some?" Dandybell asks, "Mark where they are, and head to the offices so you can find the eggs there. If you're close enough to see them, they're probably already starting to get agitated! They'll relax once you've got some distance."
>>612591
You fail to find any eggs, again. There might not be any in this one…
>>612592
As you look under the shelves, you find a hole dug into the concrete, and into the dirt ground underneath. As you look up at the ceiling, you find three eggs stuck up in the corner.
>>612593
You come around, and find three eggs stuck together against a vent leading outside.

 No.612595

>>612594
Quickswitch switches on his talkie.

'Guys, I found some eggs, what do i do?'

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.612596

>>612594

"Male bathroom seems to be clear, moving on to female restrooms, over."

Pest communicates, heading in to check it out.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.612597

>>612594

Making a mental Note, i quietly back away from the cluster and make my way to the offices nearby

bzzrt…"Cluster noted, moving to the offices. Remember team, call out clusters as you see them, Over."

 No.612598

>>612594
"Contact here! Three of the wee eggs. Should I smash them or what?" He lifts up his maul in anticipation.

 No.612599

>>612595

kch. "Mark their position and back away for a moment, standing too close will set them off."

"Wait for my mark, then we spray, Over."

 No.612600

'Copy that, over.'

Quickswitch slowly backs away.

 No.612601

>>612599
"Roger that!" He takes a few steps away from the hole.

 No.612602

>>612595
>>612598
"Move out and try to find the ones in the office or restroom, or spray them now and hope everyone else can find or spray the ones they found already," Dandybell says over the talkie.
>>612596
You still haven't found them. There's a possibility the unhatched eggs can feel you, and are about to burst open in birth…
>>612597
The offices are several cubicles lined up, with the lights turned off. Lots of nooks and crannies to look through, you'll need to be very procedural…

 No.612603

>>612602

Kch…"Starting a sweep of the offices now, prep equipment for my mark. Once the signal goes we'll have seconds to clear it out, so be ready."

Taking my time, i Peer into each cubical as i go, keeping especially wary.

[1d10] Searching the offices

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.612604

>>612602
"Aye!" He makes a mental note of where the eggs are in the storage room and heads to the offices to search for eggs.

 No.612605

>>612602
'Copy that. I'll be going to the toilets with Pest.' He says before stopping. 'Wait, that came out wrong'

 No.612606

>>612602

Pest sighs in defeat, looking around one last time before evacuating the bathroom.
[1d10]

"QQkchzz… I can't find anything, and in case there are any eggs, I don't wanna pop 'em. I'm leaving for a bit, over."

He says, leaving.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.612607

>>612604
>[1d10] perception

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.612608

>>612606
'QQch…hey Pest, I'm gonna rejoin you if that's ok. Over.'

 No.612609

>>612603
As you search through the cubicles, you trip, falling down under one of the desks. You find yourself face-to-egg with a pile of three eggs. They start rapidly quivering, almost as if they're ready to hatch and jump out to eat your face.
>>612606
With your last scan, you fail to find any eggs. However, as you make your way out, you hear three distinct wet popping noises…
>>612607
Heading into the office, you find the eggs… inches away from Gaétan's beak.

 No.612610

>>612608

"Sounds good, just make sure to give it a little time before heading in, over."

 No.612611

>>612610
'Give what a little time, over.'

 No.612612

>>612609

In a panic, i make an attempt to hurl myself away from the cluster, using my feet to kick off the side of a cubicle

[1d10] Jump away

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.612613

>>612603
>>612609
"Watch where yer going you overgrown pigeon!" he growls as he gestures towards the eggs. "Do you want this all to go pear-shaped or somethin'?"

 No.612614

>>612609
>>612611

"Shit, they're hatching, repeat, they're hatching. spray and pray now, Quick, get back to the vents, spray them before we can't kill 'em. Over."

Pest shouts into the 'talkie, beginning to spray the entire girl's restroom with S.L.A.M.™

[1d10+2] spray and pray, DC8

Roll #1 9 + 2 = 11

 No.612615

>>612614
*Crit DC8

 No.612616

>>612613

"Get back, Quick! i think it's hatching!"

 No.612617

>>612614
'Oh shit. Over.'

Quickswitch quickly flies back to the vents and pulls out the spray can.

'Suck on this, bugs.'

[1d10] Punchline and spray

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.612618

>>612613
>>612614
>>612616
"Ah, cripe!" He pushes Gaetan aside raises his maul and yells some unintelligible gibberish before bringing it down on them with all the strength he can muster.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.612619

>>612612
You fail to jump away from the egg pile, instead just pushing yourself into the corner.
>>612613
You are only able to squash one of the eggs. The other two hatch, the egg popping open like a thick, wet balloon. The bugs appear to be mutated Armadillidiidae, with their dark, segmented shells and many legs.
>>612617
You fail to spray the eggs properly, the fluid falling short of the vent.
>>612614
As you start to spray wildly, you see one of the bugs crawling out from under a stall door, shriveling up like jerky, vomiting green guts onto the tile floor.

 No.612620

>>612619
'Ok…you can do this.' Quickswitch says to himself.

[1d10] Spray

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.612621

>>612619
He makes a noise of disgust and swings at them wildly. "Horrible buggers! Begone with ye!"
[1d10] Cleave, critfails 2-

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.612622

>>612619

I try to upend the desk in a desperate attempt to get away

"Smash them, quick!"

[1d10] Flip the desk and move

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.612623

>>612619

With the orange mist of S.L.A.M. beginning to fill the room, he flips a switch on the pipeline of his gas-thrower, causing a dark purple fog to spill out instead.

"Hope this works…"

>B.L.A.S.T Autocrits exoskeletal foes, hits all foes on a crit

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6

 No.612624

>>612620
You do better, twice as better, even, and manage to kill all three eggs at once, making the hateful bastards shrivel in their fluid-filled shell.
>>612621
With a wide swing, you barely scrape against them, smashing the cubicle wall and causing damage to the office.
>>612622
As you turn the desk over, papers fly out and the computer monitor on the top cracks as it hits the floor. You move to a safe distance.
>>612623
There's small, squealing cries inside the restroom, as the remaining unseen pests die from the malicious mist.

 No.612625

>>612624
'Yes! A good bug is a dead bug!' Quickswitch congratulates himself.

'Qcz…anyone need my help? The ducts are clean and bug-free. Over.'

 No.612626

>>612624

"Mare's room cleared, checking the Stallion's room again, over."

Pest says into the com, before running into the boy's restroom and spraying more S.L.A.M.

[1d10+2] Crit DC8

Roll #1 7 + 2 = 9

 No.612627

>>612624
The two remaining bugs start to grow suddenly and exponentially, becoming the size of a small dog. Their shells shine in the darkness of the office, rolling up into balled forms for safety.

 No.612628

>>612627

Recovering my footing, i grab the sprayer from my back and blast the area with the tank's contents

"You've got to be kidding me!"

[1d10] Pest spray

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.612629

>>612625

"Ask Cold Brew where they are in storage, over."

Pest says into the coms, mid-spraying.

 No.612630

>>612629
'Copy that. Over and out.'

He quickly switches channels.

'Hey, Cold Brew, need any help? Over.'

 No.612631

>>612624
>>612627
"By my beard!" he exclaims as they grow. "Come here you bugger!" He lifts his hammer up above his head and brings it down on one of the bugs' shells with all his might.
[1d10+1] Blast

>>612629
>>612630
"There's still three eggs in storage," he grunts as he attacks one of the bugs. "Look on the ceiling."

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9

 No.612632

>>612631
'Copy that. Over.'

Quickswitch flies to the storage, and starts looking up for bugs, wary that some might fall on him.

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.612633

>>612626
You fill the restroom with mist. If there was anything in here, it'd be dead. But there isn't.
>>612628
You're able to jam the end of the sprayer into the first of the curled up ArmaEncroaches, killing it by squirting the fluid right into its body. The creature shudders in its shell as its insides explode and splatter the inside of itself.
>>612631
The remaining bug takes the hit well, barely looking damaged from the attack. It rolls out of the office, going into the hallway and towards the assembly line area.
>>612632
You fail to find the eggs.

 No.612634

>>612633
'Weird, I can't fight anything.

Quickswitch slowly flies up to the ceiling, hoping that he'd get a better view.

 No.612635

>>612633
[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.612636

>>612633
He curses under his breath.

>>612628
"Here. Hold this." He tosses Gaetan his hammer before pulling out his trusty butcher knife and chasing after the bug, trying to grab it and stab its underside. "You little runt!"

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.612637

>>612633
>>612634

"Bathrooms are clear, coming over there myself, over."

Pest says, beginning to run down the hallways, but then remembering the drill.

"Since we've got bugs hatching, I'm gonna grab the drill. Better safe than sorry, Over."

He says, running out to the van, briefing Dandybell while he's there.

 No.612638

'Copy that, Pest. You take the drill. I have a bat. Over and out.'

 No.612639

>>612631

"Quick, we've got to find it!"

>>612633

Clicking the nozzle back into it's holster, i rev my strikers and make a run for the assembly floor

[1d10] Persuit

kch…"We've got an armored Encroach moving into the Assembly room, be advised. moving in now!"

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.612640

>>612635
You find the eggs in one of the corners of the ceiling. Since you just sprayed the other ones, they've gotten the signal, and are probably accelerating their hatching.
>>612636
Your knife pokes at the shell, but as far as you can tell, you've only managed to scratch it. It heads towards the end of an assembly line, where you can see a pile of eggs hidden under it…
>>612637
"Oh, I've heard," Dandybell says, "Good thing the only tool Moonsoon made for you so far is just the thing you need right now, huh!"
>>612639
You slip on some papers, and are unable to keep up with Cold Brew and the ArmaEncroach.

 No.612641

>>612640
He looks at the eggs in slight disgust.

'Yeahhhh no.' He said to himself, before bringing out his bat, intending to smash all 3 at once.

[1d10] QUICKSWITCH SMASH!

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.612642

>>612640
"Bloody hell!" he radios in to inform the crew. "More eggs over here in assembly! I can't do nothing about them either!" He keeps chasing the Encroach, this time grabbing at its shell plates and split them apart.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.612643

>>612640

"I think the others were expecting to take care of the eggs before they hatched. Anyways, three rooms cleared so far, I think."

Pest says, shrugging as he takes the drill,

"Question is where the queen is, I suspecting the Assembly Line, since we haven't been there yet. I'll be heading there with this."

He says to Dandybell, before repeating the same thing into the coms. He runs towards the Assembly Room, surveying the scene.

 No.612644

>>612640

Recovering my footing, i make another dash for the assembly floor

[1d10] Running

kch…"Report in, team, what's your status? have the clusters been destroyed?"

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.612645

>>612644

"Bathrooms confirmed clear. Heading over to Assembly Line with the drill, over"

 No.612646

>>612641
You are only able to hit one of the eggs. The other two hatch, popping open, the hatchlings landing and scuttling along the top of the shelf.
>>612642
Your hooves press into the shell, crushing it hard enough for the guts and juices inside to squirt out the gaps in the shell.
>>612644
You reach the assembly floor, where you see Cold Brew standing with a burst ArmaEncroach in his hooves… while the ones you found earlier have hatched, popping out of their eggs and scuttling along the concrete floor.
>>612643
"Good luck!" Dandybell says, waving at you as you head in, "I'll be on the radio!"

 No.612647

>>612646

"Someone grab the drill from me, I'm gonna B.L.A.S.T this joint."

Pest says, spraying B.L.A.S.T. into the assembly line room.

"Hold your breaths!"

>B.L.A.S.T Autocrits exoskeletal foes, hits all foes on a crit

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.612648

>>612646
He switches back to the spray cans, spreading the gas everywhere.

[1d10] Clusterspray

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.612649

>>612646
He tosses the dead bug aside, wiping himself off on the walls and marching over to Gaetan.

>>612644
"You there! Where's me hammer?"

 No.612650

>>612646

"Got to take them out fast!"

Making a run toward the Eggs, i plunge my talons into two of the hatched Encroaches, steam screaming out of the wrist vents.

[1d10+1] Encroach 1

[1d10+1] Encroach 2

Roll #1 5 + 1 = 6 / Roll #2 1 + 1 = 2

 No.612651

>>612647
You flood the room with poisonous mist, killing the hatchlings, and making it necessary to air out the room for at least a day after this.
>>612648
You miss the hatchlings with the spray, as they quickly mutate into a more grown form, turning into their ball form and rolling off the shelf, bouncing onto the ground and rolling into a massive hole in the concrete floor.
>>612650
The possibility of having steam vents on your wrists being a bad idea might go through your mind, as your face gets blasted by a hot blast of steam.
>take 4 hits

 No.612652

'Oh no you don't!'

He focuses the spray straight into the hole, hoping that they'll at least get a whiff.

[1d10] Blind luck

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.612653

>>612651

"Assembly Line clear…"

Pest says into the coms, heading to the storage room,

"Quickswitch, what's your status? over."

 No.612654

>>612650
>>612651
"Bah, get out of here you worthless chook." He pushes Gaetan aside and tries to grab one of the bugs from the hole, throwing it against the walls of the building.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.612655

>>612653
should link to
>>612652

 No.612656

>>612651

"Gah!"

cooling the strikers down to standby, I take a look into the hole, trying to figure out what's below

[1d10] Examine

>>612654
"When did you throw me your hammer?"

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.612657

>>612653
'Well, 2 bugs went into a huge hole, but I sprayed the crap outta that hole, so…yeah, there may be bugs on the loose. Over'

 No.612658

>>612657

"Could be the queen's lair, coming with the drill ASAP. Over."

Pest says, increasing his pace.

 No.612659

>>612652
You hear a squealing sound. Something might have died, but then you hear a loud, rumbling sound from inside the hole…
>>612654
You reaching into the hole to grab it is tantamount to waving your arm at someone at the other side of a room.
>>612656
You aren't able to see very far into the hole. Maybe if someone turned the lights in the storage room on, it would be easier. You can tell that it goes down pretty deep, and it widens out enough that everyone can fit inside.

 No.612660

>>612658
'Copy that, will be waiting for you. Over and out.'

 No.612661

>>612659
He feels the rumbling under his feet and quickly flies straight up.

'Pest, wait!' He says through his talkie,' There's rumbling under the ground! Be careful!

 No.612662

>>612656
"Just before! One of the roly polies was getting away, wasn't he? Had to go after him. Keep your head on straight, lad."

>>612659
He grunts in annoyance as his attempts are fruitless. "Back in a moment," he says into the trottie-talkie as he goes back to find his hammer.

[1d10] finding dorf weapons

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.612663

>>612661

kch…"something's coming, everyone get away from that hole!"
>>612659

i quickly retreat further away from the hole in the floor, keeping a wary eye on the situation

 No.612664

>>612659

"Alright I'm here, be careful heading down there."
Pest says, arriving in the room.

>>612661
He turns to Quickswitch.

"Take this, should work better than a bat."

Pest Aside says, handing him the drill. He pulls out a high-powered flashlight from his belt, switching it on and facing it down the hole.

 No.612665

>>612663
'Oh shit oh shit oh shit…' He mumbles before quickly flying through the entrance.

 No.612666

>>612663

"Alright, good to know."

Pest says, backing away.

 No.612667

>>612662
You don't find your hammer.

 No.612668

>>612667
He grumbles under his breath as he keeps searching the offices. "How hard can it be to find a hammer in this place?"

[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.612669

>>612664
It is easier to see into the hole, now, but the way it turns and evens out out of sight suggests there's more than meets the eye.
>>612668
You found it!

 No.612670

>>612664
'No thanks, you can keep it.'

 No.612671

kch…"I think that may have just been a tremor, it looks like we're clear."

 No.612672

>Pausing!

 No.613329

Another session of Vermin Destruction!
Post your sheets, we'll start at the hour.

 No.613330

File: 1421027328051.jpg (31.45 KB, 299x299, [mines internally].jpg)


 No.613331

File: 1421027458530-0.jpg (159.49 KB, 1920x1200, 8589130557405-pyro-tf2-wal….jpg)


 No.613332


 No.613333


 No.613334


 No.613335

When we last left our heroes, they had come to the storage/supply room of a widget factory where they had been clearing out the egg nests. After finding all the nests, that would only leave the queen to exterminate- and the only place left to look is this giant hole in the ground…

 No.613336

>>613335
Rhanna cracked her neck.
" waitaminute…the drill! Anyone got the drill?
Meanwhile she magically brewed a revigorating potion
>Spellbound Alchemizing: Bolster

 No.613337

>>613335

Staring down into the abyss, i look around for a light source.

[1d10] Searching

"If the Queen is down there, somewhere, we'll need something to light up the tunnel"

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.613338

>>613335
>>613336

"I've got it, don't worry. Care to carry it? I don't plan on using it all that much."

Pest says, holding out the drill for the diamond dog. He flashes a light down the hole again.

"We should head down, I assume the queen's down there."

>>613337

Pest waves his high-powered flashlight in front of his face.

"I've had this out for a while…"

 No.613339

>>613335
Having found his weapon of choice, he tramps back to rejoin his co-workers, slinging his maul over his shoulder. "No one panic! I found it! It's all good."

 No.613340

>>613336
Your suit warms up and synthesizes a potion.
>>613337
You expertly find zero light sources in the tunnel.
>>613338
Surely this device that you haven't read the manual on will aid you against the fight with a giant mutant pillbug.
>>613339
You find everyone standing around a hole.

 No.613341

>>613338
"Yeah I'll take it then if you don't mind. You guys were really acting like sissies back at the van. No one wanted to just take the drill and stuff." She said scratching her fluffy ear

>>613340
She had a nice idea
She brewed a dark mix to reflect the light and colors of the environment. This would prove useful…
>Spellbound Alchemizing : Stealth
>>613338
She then passed it to Pest
"HHey. Use this. It will make you invisible for a bit, it should help getting a nice suprise attack. She said with a small almost not perceptible smile

 No.613342

>>613340

Sighing, i strap my gear onto my person and start clambering down the side of the hole, into the depths.

"The longer we wait the faster these bugs are going to morph, so it's time to get a move on."

 No.613343

>>613340
He looks around at his companions and shrugs. "Well, there's only one thing for it!" he exclaims before holstering his maul and climbing down the hole himself, whistling as he does so.

 No.613344

>>613340
>>613341

"Thank you."

He says, taking the potion.

"Now, we descend."

Pest says, heading his way down.

 No.613346

>>613341
You brew up your Stealth potion.
>>613342
>>613343
>>613344
The hole is dug deep into the ground, the smell of wet earth filling your noses, besides Pest's. There's an oily scent in the air, along with a moist dankness. There's the sound of legs digging into the dirt, coming closer to you. The tunnel is filled with a massive Arma-Encroach, its shell a glossy black that somehow shines in the darkness, with jagged, sharp spikes poking out, each of them making a vibrating sound.

 No.613348

>>613346
"What the hell…"
She drank her inure potion before brewing another
Her fingers glowing with a bit of light as she produced another brew
This one would cause disturbances in the area, in the hands of a genius like herself it could very well make a neat trap…
>Spellbound Alchemizing : Earthen grasp

 No.613349

>>613346

Shit…"

Pest says, looking at the potion.

"Huh… drinking this might be a problem… wonder if it works with pouring..?"

he says, pouring the potion on himself as he sprays a purple fog into the tunnel

>B.L.A.S.T

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.613350

>>613346

Recoiling, i unclip my sprayer and take aim at the Encroach.

"Here we go, open fire!"

With a pull of the trigger, i aim the poison down the tunnel.

[1d10] Pesticide

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.613351

>>613346
"Mother of mercy," he mutters as he beholds the queen. "I think I found one of those in me beard once." He pulls out his maul and looks at everyone else as they begin their attack, holding it high and charging towards the queen while letting out a battle cry.

[1d10]

>reminder that I have Vanguard


Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.613352

>>613348
>Earthen Grasp Alchemized
>>613349
>>613350
>>613351
The misty sprays fail to injure the queen, as she lifts herself up and scuttles towards you in a shockingly fast ramming attack.
[1d10] Cleave

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.613353

>>613352
The Queen crunches up against Cold Brew, falling down and making a painful, screeching noise.
>Queen is helpless

 No.613354

>>613353

"Quick, get it while it's down!"

Pest says, switching to the orange gas, seeing how B.L.A.S.T. was ineffective.

>S.L.A.M.

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 6 + 2 = 8

 No.613355

>>613353

"It's down! quick, spray it!"

Rushing forward, i jam the nozzle under the queen, emptying the sprayer into the prone bug

[1d10] Spray and pray

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.613356

>>613353
He growls and clambers on top of the queen, bringing down his maul on the bug's head with all the strength he can muster.

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.613357

>>613352
Rhanna picked up the drill and tried to use it against the huhe ass bug. It looked a bit awkward to use but she could figure it out! She's a genius after all!
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.613358

>>613354
>>613356
The two of you dent one of the queen's armor plates, making her scuttle back in pain. Two other ArmaEncroaches come out from behind her, larger than the ones that had gotten past their freshly hatched stages. The both of them curl up, then start spinning in place before launching out at the both of you.
>ArmaEncroach 1
[1d10] Slam
>ArmaEncroach 2
[1d10] Slam
>>613355
The queen scuttles back before you are able to reach her.
>>613357
You figure out how it works! Congratulations!

The queen lifts herself up onto her legs, shaking off the pain.
>Queen has recovered from helplessness

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 8 = 8

 No.613360

>>613359
Disregard that
>Cold Brew loses Vanguard
>Queen is recovered

 No.613361

>>613358
>>613359
"Oh no you ain't!" Rhanna tossed the dark green brew at the queen.
>using Earthen grasp at the queen

 No.613362

>>613358

Pest grunts, spraying more purple fog into the air.

>B.L.A.S.T auto crits, hits all enemies

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.613363

>>613358

"Keep the queen busy, i'll get these friends of hers!"

revving my strikers, charge towards the Encroach targeting Pest, sending both fists into the creature.
[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 3 = 3

 No.613364

>>613359
He shrugs off the impact of the bug, swinging his maul horizontally and letting the momentum send him spinning.

[1d10] Cleave on both Encroaches and the queen

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.613365

>>613361
As the branch strikes out, they simply splinter against the Queen's natural armor.
>>613362
The two smaller ArmaEncroaches die from the gassy mist, while the Queen simply lowers herself down, the mist simply passing over her.
>>613363
The Queen somehow scuttles forward while her shell is down, knocking into you and pushing you onto your back.
>Counter
>Vanguard off
>>613364
Your maul hits the two dead bugs, and as the Queen scuttles forward, it hits her, as well, but no damage is done to her shell, and you hear no noise of pain from her.

 No.613366

>>613365
>>613361

"The drill, pierce the armor!"

Pest shouts out from under his mask, pulling out his flashlight and trying to annoy the queen in the meantime.

>Flashy annoying lights, no clear reason except that i can't deal damage at the moment

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.613367

>>613365
>>613366
"Roger that!" He holsters his maul, cracks his neck, and grabs a layer of the Queen's shell, heaving with all his might, aiming to expose a vulnerable area.

>[1d10] creating a weak point


Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.613368

>>613365
>>613366
Upon hearing the call she jumped into the queen, raising tell drill and plunging it into her as she turned it on
'1d10' autocrit bugs

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.613369

>>613365

Hitting the floor of the cave, i roll back onto my feet, dashing towards the queen.

Using my momentum, i collide into the queen, strikers ablaze

"Lets see you shrug THIS off!"

[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.613370

Three more adult ArmaEncroaches roll out from behind the queen.
>>613366
The first of the adult ArmaEncroaches spins out at you, knocking into your hand as you wave the light around.
>Counter
>Pest Aside loses Vanguard
>>613367
All your might seems to fail to damage the iron-hard shell, as your maul bounces off with a ringing sound, and the second ArmaEncroach rolls into you off its momma.
>Counter
>Vanguard off
>>613368
The drill sure would do some damage, with the serrated edge and extended piercing tip, if you could make contact with the enemy.
>>613369
The third ArmaEncroach spins into you, bouncing into your chest hard enough to knock you over.
>Gaétan takes 2 hits, helpless

 No.613371

>>613370
"Goddammit Stand still you fucking piece if shit!" She barked out before jumping to ram the queen mercilessly with the drill
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.613372

>>613370
Seeing that Gaetan is in a bad way, he jumps off the queen and moves over to the griffon, slamming the third ArmaEncroach with his maul like a game of croquet as he does so.

>activating Protect on Gaetan


>[1d10+1] Blast


Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.613373

>>613370

smashing into the floor, i try to pick myself up, digging my talons into the floor

"We need to clear out her guards, else we'll be swarmed!"

[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.613374

>>613371
You miss the Queen once more, as she pulls back, then rushes forward into you.
>Counter, take 2 hits
>put on H/W
>>613372
You stand in front of Gaétan, ready to make his mistakes yours.
As you attempt to attack the bugs once more, one of them bounces up and knocks into your face.
>Counter, take 1 hit
>>613373
You're able to lift yourself up from the ground, with Cold Brew standing guard in front of you.

 No.613375

>>613374
He growls as he takes the blow, swinging his maul around at the crowd of oversized pillbugs.

[1d10] Cleave

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.613376

>>613374
"HOLY FUCKING DICK STOP MOVING SO MUCH YOU GODDAMNED BUG!!!" She shouted out and loud as she tried again. The counter just making her more angry

 No.613377

>>613376
>rage so hard I forgot to roll
'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.613378

>>613374
Recovering, i grab the nozzle for my pesticide tank once again, aiming toward one of the Encroaches attacking Cold Brew

[1d10] Pest spray

"Keep at it, long as we don't stay down we can take them!"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.613379

>>613375
You miss, almost hitting Gaétan instead, when one of the bugs jumps onto your face, biting your ear.
>Counter, take 1 hit
>>613377
>moar liek 'raged so hard you missed' kekakek
The queen steps back again, then rushes forward, smacking into you again.
>Counter, take 4 hits, helpless
>>613378
As you spray around, one of the bugs flies at you, but Cold Brew is able to get hit instead.
>Cold Brew takes 5 hits, helpless

 No.613380

>>613379
He slams his maul into the ground, using it as a prop to pull himself up. "A Knight is sworn to Valor," he recites.

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.613381

>>613379
She cussed non stop as she got up
'1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.613382

>>613379
Seeing the bug careen into Cold Brew, i redouble my effort to push the Encroaches back into the tunnel

[1d10] Spray, Encroach targeting Cold Brew

>>613380

"I'll cover you, try to get to that queen!"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.613383

>>613381
>>613380
You're able to get up, while the queen seems to be laughing at you with screeching noises.
>>613382
The bug falls off of Cold brew, but rights itself up after rolling upright.

 No.613384

>>613383
"Oh yeah bitch? Let's see you laugh now!"
'1d10' Ram her good

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.613385

>>613383
He charges the queen again, driving the spiked pommel on his weapon into its head like a stake.

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.613386

>>613383
"This is bad, we're being swarmed!"

turning towards the queen, i blast her with more poison, trying to force her back.

[1d10] Spray

>>613384
>>613385

"Anyone have a plan?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.613387

>>613384
The drill spins and bounces off of her once more, as she knocks you back.
>Counter, take 1 hit
>>613386
An Encroach jumps onto you as you try to attack the queen, biting one of your legs hard enough for you to fall down from pain.
>Counter, take 5 hits, helpless
>>613386
Two of the ArmaEncroaches jump onto you, weighing you down and biting down onto you.
>Counter, take 5 hits, helpless

 No.613388

>>613387
He lashes out futilely at the offending Encroach, trying to pull himself up against the wall and recover from the blow.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.613389

>>613387
"Get off me you damn bugs!"

I make an attempt to push the Encroaches off of me and recover my footing

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.613390

File: 1421037454374.jpg (5.86 KB, 125x97, hilarious reaction image.jpg)


 No.613391

>>613388
Your back cracks painfully, twisting as the bug weighs you down.
>>613389
You are able to get up, while Cold Brew looks terribly in pain.

>tfw have to

>Pausing!
>because only 2 players

 No.613803

File: 1421632541824.png (558.69 KB, 700x692, 39740215_p0.png)

Time for Session 3 of Vermin Destruction, where the dice never go above 6!

Calling for sheets.

 No.613804


 No.613805


 No.613806


 No.613808


 No.613809


 No.613810

File: 1421634066828.png (447.88 KB, 626x750, 39740215_p1.png)

>>613804
Cold Brew, helpless at 0/3
>>613808
Rhanna, 5/4
>>613805
Gaétan, 5/3
>>613809
Pest Aside, 8/6

The battle against the Queen ArmaEncroach continues, with the group having a hard time fighting off her and the smaller ArmaEncroaches, with Rhanna unable to hit the queen. Will their luck turn around? Will they be forced to make a retreat?
WILL THEY DIE? Who knows!

 No.613811

>>613810
Cursing and swearing indistinctly, he does his best to haul himself back on his feet.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.613812

>>613810

Recovering my footing, i restart my strikers and charge towards the nearest ArmaEncroach, smashing both fists into it's armor

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

"Get that drill running, we're losing ground!"

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5 / Roll #2 6 + 1 = 7

 No.613813

>>613810
Rhanna took a moment to calm down and focus. She did her worse when stressed.
"It's just…a bug…just squash it." She repeated to herself before dashing towards her and drilling her in the Shell
'1d10' drill drill drill

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.613814

>>613810

Pest looks to Rhanna,
">>613808

"You must peirce that armor if we want to do any damage to the queen! Quickly!"

He says as he spreads B.L.A.S.T further more into the tunnels.

>autocrits hits all exoskeletons yada yada

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2

 No.613815

File: 1421634862087.png (705.13 KB, 768x918, 39740215_p2.png)

>>613811
Cold Brew recovers!
>now at 6/3
>>613812
Your fist crushes into one of the nearby ArmaEncroaches, but it still twitches in life.
>>613813
You finally manage to get the point of the drill past the armor, digging it in between the plates and tearing them up with the serrated edges. The queen screams in pain, rolling onto her side.
>>613814
One of the Encroaches spins in place, jumping up and flying past your arm just before you attempt to spray, smashing into your helmet.
>Counter damage, take 5 hits

 No.613816


 No.613817

>>613815
She wanted to scream as she finally got the fukken bug. But kept her mouth shut and her eyes focused as she mercilessly drilled on her once more
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.613818

>>613815

Pest let off a blast of expletives, blood falling from his nose pooling at the bottom of his mask.

"You'll pay for that, insect!"

Attacking the Encroach that attacked me
>S.L.A.M.
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 2 + 2 = 4

 No.613819

>>613815

Hearing the queen's scream, i switch targets and dash toward her, blasting into her side with a gout of steam.

"Here we go!"

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10

 No.613820

>>613815
He growls and holds his maul by the pointy pommel end, using it as a makeshift lance and charging at the queen, aiming to drive the spike in between her armor plates.

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.613821

>>613817
In her enthusiasm, she lunges forward and misses.
>>613818
Your attack misses, as the bug jump up and smashes into your gut.
>take 2 hits
>>613819
Your left gauntlet explodes, throwing off your balance and knocking you to the ground.
>Weapon is now a Single tag, must roll successful repair out of combat
>take 5 hits, helpless
>>613820
The queen screams again as you jam the spike into her helpless form. She curls up, rolling further back down the tunnel. There are still three adult ArmaEncroaches in the tunnel.

>>613816
It's a normal day for you at the Roach Rustlers warehouse, with most of your coworkers out on a job, or staying in and shooting the breeze in the lounge area. Glossamer, the lavender secretary in her white blouse and black skirt, approaches you. "Wrangler, we've got a job for you," she says, showing you her clipboard. "Got a centipede problem. Can you check it out?"

 No.613822

>>613821
He changes his grip back to hodling the maul as a proper weapon, swinging it around over his head and cracking the Encroaches' shells.

[1d10] Cleave

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.613823

>>613821
I look at the clipboard, reading the information on it.

"Centipede problem? Shouldn't be any problem ma'am. I'll go get right on it."

 No.613824

File: 1421636014897.gif (987.07 KB, 400x260, 0pDtq.gif)

>>613821

The attack knocks the wind out of Pest, leaving him with a silent death glare towards the bugs. Provided, the helmet prevents his face from being seen, and the bugs couldn't care less, but if it was a television show, it'd look really cool.

Also attacks, those are things too.

>B.L.A.S.T.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.613825

>>613821

Hitting the ground hard, i unlatch the safeties and toss the damaged glove, still spewing acrid smoke wildly as it shuts down.

Using the cave wall for balance, i shakily try to rise, clutching my injured talon in pain.

[1d10] Recovery

"should probably…look into that explosion."

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.613826

>>613821
She stepped back and tried one more time, jumping back in
she mentally swore that if this doesn't work she would give up on this and try something else.
'1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.613828

File: 1421636568409.png (285.54 KB, 747x800, 39740215_p3.png)

>>613822
The adult ArmaEncroaches are knocked to the wall, squishing against it and falling down dead.
>>613824
You redundantly spray the dead bugs after Cold Brew smashes them against the wall.
>>613825
You're able to rise up, while your talon is still hot and burning.
>>613826
You fail to hit the queen again, prompting her to headbutt you.
>take 1 hit, now at 4/4
>put your name and H/W on
It might be best to hand off the mission critical item to someone else, at this point.

>>613823
"Thank you," she says, tearing off the top sheet and handing it to you. "Have her sign it once you arrive, and make sure you call us, there's been a few of you all who've started thinking it's not necessary, or we'll just assume you're there, but I'm reminding you that this isn't a career where you can goof off between jobs, got it?"

Her eyes squint at you from behind her glasses, before she smiles. "And don't forget your spray, either, Cold Brew had a job last week where he smashed up a customer's basement with that mace of his. Head out when you're ready." As usual, the vans were in the motor pool, with the keys in the ignition for when you were ready to head out.

 No.613829

>>613828

Keeping my burnt Talon away from my other striker, i instead switch to my chemical sprayer, moving away from the front line

[1d10] Spray, target Queen

"We can't keep this up…not with the way this battle is going…"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.613830

>>613828
>>613829
"Maybe YOU can't! I'm just warming up!" With that, he charges at the queen and smashes her in the head with his hammer.

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.613831

>>613828
She yelps a bit.
"Oh fucking fuckity fucker of fuck I give up."

>>613824
"Hey buddy you know what's really satisfying? Drilling out a bug brain with this thing, and I know you're as mad at it as I am, so knock yourself out while I try to be more useful." She said passing him the drill before stepping back and activating the systems of her special suit. Using a small sample of her blood on a few red healing potions.
>Spellbound Alchemizing. Distill life
>also giving Pest the Drill [\s]

 No.613832

>>613828
>>613831

He grabs the drill from Rhanna, putting his gas-thrower on his back.

"This gas is only effective on the workers, it seems. It will need… adjusting. Thank you, Rhanna."

 No.613833

>>613828
I take the sheet and place it carefully under my stetson, flashing Glossamer a charming smile.

"I would never imagine to goof off, Ms. Glossamer. And don't worry your pretty head 'bout me messin' up some customer's basement, would look bad on my record if I did."

I don't waste any time to gather my equipment, put on my uniform and grab myself something to drink before heading to the motor pool. After reaching the motor pool I get into a van and head off to the location written down on the sheet.

 No.613834

File: 1421637567040.png (493.73 KB, 900x924, 39740215_p4.png)

>>613829
Your spray lands harmlessly on the Queen's armor shell.
>>613830
Your hammer only bounces harmlessly off the Queen's armor.
>>613831
>>613832
>Pest Aside now has the doriru
As the battle continues, your hoofy-trotties pipe out with Dandybell's voice. "This is Dandybell, how're things going?" she asks, worry in her voice, "Don't tell me you're still fighting the queen!"

>>613833
The job takes you to the edge of the city, where a two-story boarding house stands between two larger buildings. A flight of steps and a couple trots over the porch takes you to the front door, though it's been cracked open for whatever reason.

 No.613835

>>613834
He grunts in surprise before scowling and swinging his maul at her armor again.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.613836

>>613834
I knock on the door, peeking inside past the cracked open door as I wait.

 No.613837

>>613834

"ksh. We're facing many more Encroaches than reported, Mrs. Dandybell. The queen is on the offensive and we're taking a lot of damage."

struggling to hold the sprayer with only one arm, i keep up the assault, trying to distract it.

[1d10] Spray, Target Queen

"Come on, you big ugly bug! get out of that shell and fight us!"

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.613838

>>613834

Pest talks over the coms as he attempts to use the drill against the Queen.

"Having trouble using the drill. Instructions would have been nice, but we're slowly making our way through the damned armor. All known eggs have been destroyed."

[1d10] This is the drill that shall pierce the heavens queen!

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.613839

>>613834
"Ohohoho no we aren't. We all came to an agreement that we can coexist and now we're having a picnic at the pa-OF COURSE WE'RE STILL FIGHTING IT!" She shouted back before handing the potions. One to Pest, one to brew and the last one to Gaetan.
"Look we need some backup here if that is possible." She said before making more of the same
>Spellbound Alchemizing. Distill life

 No.613840

>>613838
> crossed out text didn't show up

ah well, it was supposed to be funny

 No.613841

>>613835
Your maul clangs off her armor again, which she responds to by butting into you.
>take 2 hits
>>613837
Your spray harmlessly lands on her shell once more.
>>613838
Your drill digs into her armor, getting in between the shell panelings and causing her to scream in pain again, rolling onto her side to get the drill out from her plating, exposing her vulnerable underside.
>>613839
You quickly distill three Life Potions.
>each life potion recovers 3 hits

"Don't get snippy with me!" Dandybell shouts at Rhanna over the radio, "What's the problem? Isn't the drill enough?"
>>613836
Peeking inside, you see what looks like signs of struggle, with a shelf knocked down, the phone thrown on the floor, decorative plates shattered, and curtains ripped from the windows.

 No.613842

>>613841
Taking the opportunity now that she's vulnerable, he takes the maul's pommel and drives it into the queen's underside as hard as he can.

[1d10] Blast

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.613843

>>613841
"Well then don't ask me stupid shit like that. And the problem is not the drill, the thing is that this thing is pretty dang strong and someone might die here!" She said brewing something invigorating, fizzy and orange.

 No.613844

>>613841
I carefully push the door open to step inside.

"Hello?! Anybody still here?!" I call out, looking around for anybody (or anyTHING)

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.613845

>>613843
>Spellbound Alchemizing. Bolster

 No.613846


 No.613847

>>613841

setting aside the now empty tank, i restart my last striker, keeping my injured talon well away from the blast and charge forward into the Queen's underside.

[1d10+1]

"Strike before she recovers!"

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.613848

File: 1421639241449.gif (84.69 KB, 428x478, aBQwAZ1_460sa_v1.gif)

>>613841

Attack it while it's down!"

Pest says, as he drills into it's underbelly.

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.613849

>>613842
>>613847
The queen cries out in pain as you smash against its underside, as its organs suddenly burst, spraying and slopping out onto the dirt floor of the tunnel.
>>613843
"I'm going to write you up a reprimand for such language!" Dandybell says, sounding pouty over the radio.
>>613848
As you charge forward, you fall down, smashing your snout into the ground through your helmet.
>take 5 hits, helpless

>>613844
Stepping inside, you see several centipedes scrabbling around on the floor, climbing into cracks, then a smeared blood trail leading down an open door that leads into the basement.

 No.613850

>>613849
"Got a bad feelin' 'bout this one…"

I prepare the spray before opening the door carefully and stepping down into the basement, following the blood trail.

 No.613851

>>613849

With my striker cooling off, i take a look around the cavern for any more Encroaches

"Phew..It looks like the Queen is down…"

[1d10] Searching

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.613852

>>613849
"How about instead of wasting time on a reprimand, you first send some help?…ugh…look sorry okay? This is really stressful!" She said as she heated up her paws.
>Spellbound Alchemizing. Elemtalist, fire

>>613848
Upon seeing her friend fall she handed him the Orange fizzy drink
"Woah, careful alright buddy? Don't wanna lose anyone now. Drink up!"
>giving Pest the bolster potion

 No.613853

>>613849

A the combination of blood and sweat in Pest's helmet annoys him, but he wouldn't dare take the helmet off.

>>613852

"Thanks"

he says, slipping it under his mask to drink.

>consuming drink

 No.613854

File: 1421640488562.gif (3.12 MB, 140x300, warcry.gif)

>>613849
He gets down one one knee and flexes in victory before radioing in. "Mission accomplished!" he announces into the trottie-talkie. "Queen is down, repeat, queen is down." He puts one hoof on the corpse for emphasis. "So, how many did you lads kill? I counted 5."

 No.613855

File: 1421640623223.png (570.8 KB, 564x800, 38864068_p1.png)

>>613850
Stepping down the first flight of stairs into the basement, then turning at the corner, you see a partially eaten pony on the floor, surrounded by centipedes that are crawling all over the concrete floor and the body, further eating the poor, dead middle-aged mare. There's a foul, oily smell in the air, and you can hear a mare's voice laughing. "Eat up, my dears…" it says in a sinister tone.

>>613852
"That's fine, I forgive you, but I'm still going to file the reprimand. Getting angry and emotional is no way to operate, according to this manual."
>>613851
You find nothing, with satisfaction.
>>613853
>recover 3 hits
>>613854
"Oh, excellent!" Dandybell says, brightening up after Rhanna's perceived rudeness. "Come on up, we'll call over Moonsoon to come pick up the dead bodies for research."

 No.613856

>>613854
"I was trying to do something that mister masked fellow here did perfectly. So kudos to him." She says gesturing to Pest

>>613855
she sighed. "It's fine…I guess I deserve it…tuck now I really feel bad…" she sat back for a moment to calm down before heading back with the others. But not beforegoing through the Queen's corpse and getting a sample for herself for study purposes

 No.613857

>>613855
"Roger that!" He grabs one of the Encroach mook corpses and slings it over his shoulder before leaving to reunite with Dandybell.

[1d10] if you need a Strength check, -2 DC if so

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.613858

I get a look of shock as I stare at the half eaten corpse for a moment, before slipping my gas mask on and aiming the spray nozzle towards the corpse.

I pull the trigger and go to town on the bugs that are eating the corpse.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.613859

>>613855

Sighing, i retrieve my tank from it's position along the wall and grab my damaged striker, trying to reset it's parts without injuring my talon

"I should have taken better care of these things, knowing a buildup can be deadly…"

[1d10] Repair

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.613860

>>613855

"Might I request some for my own research? An egg and a body would suffice."

Pest says into the coms as he struggles back up. He looks to the diamond dog.

>>613856

"Thank you for the potions. Will you be wanting this back?"

He says, offering the drill as he himself grabs a sample of the Queen's exoskeleton with the drill, and some of it's blood.

 No.613861

File: 1421641655856.png (442.99 KB, 819x800, 38864068_p2.png)

>>613856
>>613857
>>613860
As you come out the front door with your own bug bodies, Dandybell comes out of the van. "Good job, everyone! You look a little roughed up, but-" She suddenly looks worried as she sees you with the bug bits. "H-hey, you're supposed to leave those for Moonsoon!" she says, getting up on her hind legs and poking you with her hooves.
>>613859
The gauntlet seems to have just gotten wires crossed and fallen into the others' place during the battle… or something?

>>613858
The centipedes get sprayed, but you feel something sharp pierce your side, coming from under the stairs. Turning your head, you see a long leg coming out from them, and glowing eyes from behind the wooden steps. They emerge, coming from a long, giant centipede, with pointed legs, a black, shiny underside, two eye-like designs on top of its head, and spikes all along it. The mouth seems to open, but instead of revealing a gaping maw, there's the head of a pink mare inside. "Hmm, what's this? Someone scared?" She reaches out with two more limbs, hooking them into your cheeks and pulling them apart into a grotesque smile. "Hee hee, that's better~ Keep smiling!"

 No.613862

>>613860
>>613860
"It was nothing buddy. Just keeping my mates alive. And old job with the drill. I think you should keep it really. I can't use that thing properly. But maybe next mission I'll try again." She gave him a nod and a smile
"Oh and. You're going to research on those things too? Huh what a coincidence, so am I…Say do you wanna do some research together as coworkers? Two heads are better than two ye know?"

 No.613863

>>613861
>Wrangler takes 4 hits

 No.613864

>>613861
"There's more than enough from him to research for a good while there. Me and this guy are going to do some research ourselves. If that's okay."

 No.613865

>>613861
"Ahh!" I scream, cringing at the pain before turning towards the giant centipede.

"Oh I'll give you somethin' to smile about!"

I aim the nozzle at the centipede and begin to spray it.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.613866

>>613861

Resetting the connections on the striker, i pocket the glove and half-drag myself out of the building, still clutching my talon.

"Ugh…I'm going to need more pay for this."

 No.613867

>>613861
He blinks in confusion, clearly having misunderstood the orders as he promptly drops the corpse. "So what should I do with this then?"

 No.613868

>>613862
He turns his head away, blushing under his mask.

"W-well um… I usually do my studies at home…"

he says, rubbing the back of his suit-covered neck.

"…In solitude…"

>>613861

"I'm sure our study of Encroaches would be mutually beneficial for the entirety of ponykind, and not just Moonsoon. Besides, if my patented B.L.A.S.T™ and S.L.A.M. doesn't work on their queen, that means I'll have to think of a new slogan. Think about it, 'B.L.A.S.T. blasts away ALMOST every bug imaginable.'. Doesn't have quite the same ring, does it?"

Pest says, confidently.

 No.613869

>>613864
"I'm sorry, but part of the contract Roach Rustlers signed with Moonsoon dictates that any employees are to leave the remains at the site, to be researched by Moonsoon's own researchers and developers." Dandybell seems to be firm on this.
>>613867
"Leave it here, sillybeard!" Dandybell shouts, squinting her eyes. "This is like a crime scene, everything needs to be in its place, because if it's moved around then the data won't be right!"
>>613868
"You can think about your own business when you're not working for us, otherwise, drop it!"
>>613866
Walking out, you see Dandybell in conversation with the rest of the mission party.

>>613865
The centipony retreats its head back into the mouth, as a beak-like visor closes over it. "Hee hee hee!" she laughs, bursting through the stairs, circling around you.
[1d10] Suppress

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.613870

>>613869
The centipony runs her smooth, shelled body around your midsection and neck, her legs crawling all over your legs and back, poking into you again and again. She pops her head out as it ends up right next to yours, a wide smile plastered on her face, her teeth sharp and deadly-looking.

 No.613871

>>613869

Pest drops the materials hesitantly, letting out a muffled sigh.

"Shame, so much valuable information wasted. I'll have to see about getting into contact with Moonsoon…"

 No.613872

>>613869

Battered and bruised, i limp up to Dandybell

"I don't suppose you've got a doctor with you?" i ask, holding my charred talon for her to see.

 No.613873

>>613869
He mumbles indistinctly and leaves the corpse where it lies.

 No.613874

>>613869
>>613870

I give her a wide smile back. "Nice set of pearly whites ya got there. Now let me show you somethin'"

The wrist mounted Hoof-Canon switches out into firing mode, changing from what looked like a metallic wristband into a wrist mounted gun.

I begin to fire it at her.

Whirlwind

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3 / Roll #2 9 + 1 = 10 / Roll #3 10 + 1 = 11

 No.613875

>>613868
"Oh…well sorry I usually do my research stuff alone…But hey, having a coworker to lend a helping paw is good…really I just wanna help. You seem strong and smart and clearly has a better coordination than I do. And besides we never even properly introduced."

>>613869
With a sigh. She dropped the remains she grabbed. "Can we help Moonsoon with his research then?"

 No.613876

>>613875

Pest mulls the prospect over for a few moments, then shrugs.

"Ah well, without the materials, I guess I *could* use all the help I could get…"

he says, extending a hoof to shake,

"Probably already know, but the 'names Pest Aside, creator B.L.A.S.T™ and S.L.A.M™ brand pesticides. I have a Degree in Entomology from Canterlot University. I didn't join the job for the money, just for a legal reason to go to pony's residences and study insects that afflict them."

He says, with a chuckle.

 No.613877

>>613871
"It's not a waste, they'll be working on it!" She says, pouting.
>>613872
"No, why would you need a-" she looks scared as your claws get close to her, causing her to fall back and scuttle towards the van. "Don't do that! I hate sharp things!" she shouts, rolling the window down.
>>613875
"That's not my job, you'll have to talk with my supervisor. I forgot to mention it, but he's waiting at the offices now, he just got there. Everyone get in, and we can get back so you can write your reports and talk with him."
>>613873
The corpse falls to the ground with a hollow crunchy noise.

>>613874
As you try to twist around to fire, she digs the pointed legs into your body, tearing and ripping into your skin.
>take 4 hits, helpless
As you fall down in her grasp, she leans in, eyes slanting as her smile grows even larger. "Not a very good show, but it was fun to watch~" she says, as her lips press against yours. You feel something slip into your mouth, tiny limbs that wrench your jaw open, as something slips into your mouth and down your throat. You feel several round, slick objects slip down your throat and into your stomach. Whatever it was retreats back into her mouth, and she moves her head away from yours. "I'll see you later~" she says, and crawls out of the basement. The hundreds of thousands of centipedes follow after her, crawling up the steps and over the walls, especially over you, as your body is surrounded with the sensation of millions of legs and thousands of bodies crawling over you again and again. For a while, all you see is centipedes, before finally the basement is empty, besides you and the cleaned-bone body.

 No.613878

I lie there for a moment and even dry heave a bit. "Ugh… not as bad as kissin' my ex…" I finally puke before trying to get up onto my shaky legs.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.613879

>>613877

Grumbling, i make my way into the back of the van, wincing as i grab the door with my injured claws.

"We better be getting a raise for this mess, No way i'm going to keep this up for a few bits."

 No.613880

>>613876
"Oh hey I heard of ya! My name is Rhanna and I can't say the same reall, hehe I joined the job just for money and literally started studying bugs just two days ago."

>>613877
"Alright alright let's go then. This place smells worse than my parents house

 No.613881

>>613877
"Bah, paperwork." He grumbles as he climbs into the van, placing his maul between his legs and resting his chin on it.

 No.613882

>>613880

"They're a fascinating subject. I'd be glad to share my findings about them."

he says, with more confidence than before.

"Pleasure to meet you, Rhanna.

>>613877

Pest hops in the van, keeping his suit on, even with the blood and sweat matting his fur underneath.

 No.613883

File: 1421644520914.png (627.22 KB, 572x800, 37851109.png)

>>613879
"You already got a raise, remember?" Dandybell says, "Not as much as me, since I got moved into management, but it's still a fair amount more."
>>613880
>>613881
>>613882
With everyone in the van, Dandybell drives back to the warehouse, listening to pop music on the way back. "Alright," she says, as she pulls into the motorpool, "We've got a meeting in Grubadug's office with him and my supervisor, so if you need to go to the toilet, first, hurry up!"


>>613878
Unfortunately, your vomiting doesn't expel whatever was slipped down into your belly, just whatever you had for breakfast. You don't have to lie in it, either, as you stand up with some effort.

 No.613884

>>613883

Pest takes the time to retrieve the lunch box he has in his locker, slipping out of his sweaty suit as he eats a hay sandwich on the way up to the office.

 No.613885

>>613883
I head back to my van to get inside and head back to work, parking the car in the motor pool while leaving my gear in the van. I begin to look for Glossamer once I arrive.

 No.613886

>>613883
>Pop music
Rhanna cringed during the whole ride

Once they arrived, Rhanna wasn't feeling so well so she just decided to get her book and keep reading again as shwell walked back to the office

>>613884
"I don't like that bitch…" she whispered to him"

 No.613887

>>613883
He takes a moment to clean off his armor and wash his mane and beard before heading to Grub's office.

 No.613888

>>613883

Laying into the side of the van, i pop the stopper on that potion from earlier and drink, hoping it eases the burns.

"This is going to scar, isn't it?"

 No.613889

>>613886

"Don't be so crass… she's just… simple."

Pest says, although noticeably more shy with his suit off.

 No.613890

>>613886

"Hey, you got anything for burns in that suit of yours?" i say between gulps of potion.

"Glove blew a fuse, nearly fried my arm."

 No.613891

File: 1421645597947.png (951.77 KB, 700x900, 36243396_p0.png)

>>613884
>>613886
>>613887
>>613888
As you arrive in the office, you see Grubadug sitting at his desk, with Dandybell in a chair next to it. On top of the desk is a large beetle, about the size of a baby foal, with six thorny, segmented legs, black, shiny eyes, and a brown shell. Its wings flutter open and closed, showing a spot of flesh underneath, with a gaping, wrinkled hole, breathing in and out with a rattling sound. There's a pile of bug powder next to him, the dry formula that would be mixed with water to make the standard spray that the company uses.

"Good afternoon," it says, "My name is Mister Burrows, and I am the branch supervisor of Moonsoon. I understand you just came back from your first encounter, yes? What did you think of it?"

>>613885
On the way over, traffic keeps you waiting, and you keep burping up some kind of mucus. Upon arriving, you find Glossamer with the other secretaries and clerks, desks pushed up against another. As she sees you, she gets up and stomps towards you. "Wrangler, I specifically told you to call once you got there! You didn't call before leaving, either! How do you expect us to run a tight business if you can't do a simple thing like that?"

 No.613892

>>613891

"Fascinating,"

Pest perks up,

"I would like request permission to access some of the remains, their exoskeletal system is like none other I've seen before. I'd be very interested in working alongside Moonsoon, for the betterment of ponykind of course."

Pest goes on to list his credentials in an excited, yet boring fashion.

 No.613893

>>613891
I lift my hat to pull the sheet out and hand it to Glossamer.

"Sorry ma'am, but there was more than just a simple centipede infestation. Was a whole basement of them, including some sort of… giant talkin' ponypede! I even found the mare who called us, dead on the ground! I can't even begin to explain what happened, can't even believe the words I'm sayin' now."

I sit on the floor and take my stetson off to fan myself with it.

"I think I need to go see a doc. That giant centipede… it did somethin' to me."

 No.613894

>>613891

sinking heavily into a nearby chair, i stare back at the Beetle

"You could say that, yeah. If i knew the queen was a tank with a shell i'd have-"

"…Wait. you're talking. How are you talking?"

 No.613895

>>613891
He blinks in surprise at the talking beetle, but decides not to question it. "'Twas a bit sticky, but we pulled it off in the end. Right?"

 No.613896

>>613890
She turned to him and gave him. A smirk oh yeah you bet I do!"
she said clapping her paws together, the gauntlets and the gloves of her suit started to glow blue.
>spellbound alchemizing. Mend
And then she presses her paws on his hand. It felt cold as the winter bite for a moment. But as she pressed on it warmed up a bit until it was just a chill.
"And voila. Good as new" she said pulling off of him.


>>613891
>>613892
"I second that!"

 No.613897

File: 1421646304650.png (575.73 KB, 918x750, 36243396_p1.png)

>>613892
>>613896
"I'm sorry, but I will have to rescind that request," he says, "For now, at least. We might allow you to keep whatever we aren't using, but we will have to monitor your progress and have you submit regular reports to us. Do you have a typewriter?"
>>613894
"I am talking with my mouth, of course," he says, twitching and turning his head towards you. "Would you mind rubbing some of that powder over my lips? I'm feeling quite peckish." The hole on his back opens and closes, the wrinkles becoming tighter, then loosen up.
>>613895
"That sounds quite truncated, but we will have the full story once you write out your reports and submit them to us."

>>613893
Her eyes widen while her eyebrows furrow, sounding disturbed. "Is that so?" she asks, eyes darting towards the office. "The team that just went out came back, and they're talking with a Moonsoon representative. It might be best to talk with them, instead."

 No.613898

>>613896

Flexing the claws for a moment, i nod.

"Thanks for that, here i was worried it might have gotten serious."

 No.613899

>>613897
After finding out which room the team is talking with the moonsoon represenetive in, I head to the room. Once I arrive I knock on the door.

 No.613900

>>613897

"Of course! At my home, at least. I don't use company resources that often, I wouldn't know here. But, I'll make sure to send constant and detailed notes about whatever I find. This is a subject that fascinates me greatly."

Pest says, with typical intellectual fervor.

 No.613901

>>613897

"Oh. well, I'd help with that, buuut these talons aren't exactly for careful maneuvering, you know how it is."

Sitting back in my seat, i stare up at the ceiling, recalling what i can

"These Encroaches can breed fast and they can move fast. most of it was luck that we caught them then and there."

"We found an armored variant, it took more to kill them than what we had, though the Drill helped."

 No.613902

>>613897
"Alright alright…and no I don't have one. I just write with a pen and paper."

>>613898
"Hey now catbutt, you don't have to worry around Rhanna. I got everything we might need with this…" she held the gem of her collar up. "And this." She then puts a finger on her forehead

 No.613903

>>613897
>>613901
"…What he said." Not much one for explaining, he lets his team mates take the lead.

 No.613904

>>613902

Pest speaks up, although a bit nervously,

"Well, if you planned to work along side with me, you're always able to use my typewriter…"

Pest says, slightly coyly

 No.613905

File: 1421647002373.png (684.92 KB, 618x750, 36243396_p3.png)

>>613899
You hear a bark from Grubadug, the boss and owner of Roach Rustlers, allowing you inside.
>>613900
"In that case, we will contact you when we have something we can give you."
>>613902
"You will need to buy a typewriter," he says, "It is unprofessional to paw-write."
>>613901
>>613903
"That was to be expected. We had assumed that such a thing would occur, and developed the drill first.It should be useful in the future."

 No.613906

>>613904
"Oh hey that's cool! Thanks Pest." She said gently patting his head

 No.613907

>>613905
I head into the office and look around before speaking up.

"Ms. Glossamer told me told me to come here and… "report" an incident in my most recent job."

 No.613908

>>613905
"Yep. But my good friend Pest here let me use his!" She said pulling him into a one armed hug

 No.613909

>>613907

Eyeing the newcomer as the door opens, i raise an eyebrow

"Oh? first day and there was an incident?"

 No.613910

>>613905

Pest smiles,

" Many thanks, Mister Burrows. Would a hoofshake be possible?"

>>613906
>>613908

He turns his face, hiding his slightly reddened cheeks,

"Just making sure a fellow employee has the requisite materials for proper research…"

thank mr gygax

 No.613911

>>613905
He turns curiously to look at the newcomer. "Who's this then?"

 No.613912

>>613910
"Hey dude are you okay? Youre kinda red…caught a fever or something? " she placed a paw on his head

 No.613913

File: 1421647691938.png (294.48 KB, 670x700, 36243396_p4.png)

>>613907
Inside, you see several fellow employees standing around the desk, where Grubadug and Dandybell are sitting at, with a giant beetle resting on the desk. As Grubadug opens his mouth, the beetle speaks up. "Oh? And what incident is that?" It asks.
>>613908
"You will require separate typewriters," the beetle says, turning back to face you, "So that there will be no confusion between your papers."
>>613910
"It would not, but would you mind rubbing some of this powwwder on my lips?"
>>613911
>>613909
"Gaetan, Cold Brew, this is Wrangler… he's been working here for three months," Dandybell speaks up, sounding disappointed.

 No.613914

>>613913
"Oh alright…well,there goes my funds for movie night…oh well." She sighed sadly
"Alright boss."

 No.613915

>>613913

I shrug casually

"Must not have left an impression, then. No fault of his, i hardly pay attention to the goings on here, anyway."

relaxed, i cross my feet

"Yes sir, get the job done and keep moving, that's me."

"Speaking of, any new events called in while we were gone?"

 No.613916

>>613913

"I do not see why not."

He says, taking the powder in hoof and rubbing it on the area afflicted with dryness.

>>613912

"Of course, just… tired from the battle, that's all."

he listens to what the bug has to say, and speaks up,

>>613914

"Oh no, please, if it's going to be for research, allow me to buy it. I make enough from my patents alone anyways."

He says, offering a smile.

 No.613917

>>613913
"Well, you see… When I arrived at the customer's home, the door was open. Inside I found everything was a wreck, tables flipped over glass all over the ground… Even found a blood trail leading to the basement. Once I got there I found more than just a nest of centipedes, was a whole damn basement full of em. That's when I met "her".. A weird sort of hybrid centipede pony. Long story short, she gave me quite a bruising and kissed me. Put something in my stomach, dunno what but I know she did."

 No.613918

>>613917

Pest's ears peak up, turning to the newcomer (of the room, not the workplace),

"A hybrid of pony and bug? Fascinating! And put something down your mouth? Sounds like Parasitic Oviposition! I wonder what kind of babies you have in your stomach right now…"

he says, looking at your body closely, in a scientific fashion.

 No.613919

>>613916
She removes her hand from his forehead. "Oh man you can't be serious…I mean I would love to have the saved up cash but you don't really have to…"

 No.613920

>>613913
He makes a mental note to purchase a typewriter next chance he gets and listens to what Wrangler has to say.

>>613917
His face grows grave and he shudders at the idea of being implanted with eggs. "Well, you can't just stay here!" he exclaims. "You need to go to a hospital! Get surgery or something! Get them pulled out!"

 No.613921

>>613917

"Sounds like your average house party so far, but you might want to get that checked."

 No.613922

>>613919

"Please, consider it a gift, from scientist to scientist."

He says, rubbing the back of his neck.

 No.613923

File: 1421648397628.png (594.64 KB, 802x800, 36243396_p5.png)

>>613914
"Thank you for understanding," Mister Burrows says.
>>613915
"No, nothing new," Dandybell says, "We wouldn't be here if there was. I shudder to think of a day when the Encroaches appear with that much frequency!"
>>613916
The beetle starts to sigh as you rub the powder over the breathing hole, hot breath blowing against your coat. "Th-th-thank you," the bug stutters out, once you finish, "I'm feeling much more chipper now."
>>613917
The beetle listens with fascination. "Fascinating," he says, "It sounds like an advanced Encroach/pony hybrid. This is beyond what we previously assumed. Would you be alright with coming with myself and Dandybell to our facilities in Moonsoon to extract the eggs?"

 No.613924

>>613923
>>613920
>>613918
"Urp.." I burp up more slime. "I don't get paid enough for this… Yeah just get these things out so I can get back to work. Don't need no half pony half centipede kids bursting out."

 No.613925

>>613923

Pest speaks up.

"Might I be present for the operation? I truly would be very appreciative to see this…"

he looks to the pony,

>>613924

"The hybrid, it still lives, yes? Perhaps I could go to that place of residence and study it, after incapacitating it, of course."

he pauses, a smile coming over his face,

"That being said, it does sound quite sentient, I wonder if it could be coaxed into coming with us alive?"

 No.613926

>>613922
"Aw heck man…I don't know what to say…" she rubbed her arm as she started blushing a little bit herself. "That's the nicest thing someone ever done to me…"

 No.613927

>>613923
"We don't happen to have a doctor on site, do we? that Queen did a number on me, could use a check-up."

 No.613928

>>613923
>>613924
"That'd be best, lad. Only good Encroach is a dead Encroach."

>>613927
"I'll second that. Not doing so good meself."

 No.613929

>>613925
"Yeah, sorry to disappoint you but that thing left the moment it shoved those eggs into me. Didn't even leave me her number or anything" I say, with a tone of sarcasm with my last sentence.

 No.613930

>>613924
>>613923
"Oh man that's so with definitely want to see. Oviposition is that kind of thing that just fascinated me instantly. And now this? It's just too good to be true." Rhanna Sai excited. Her science boner was very aroused

 No.613931

>>613928

"Not necessarily true, a live specimen is much more useful for research."

>>613929

"Phooey, it'll have to be found again, I wish to meet this specimen of yours."

>>613926

"It's nothing, really."

He says simply, although still not really making eye contact with her.

 No.613932

>>613931
"Ah come here you" she pulled him into a broad hug not too tight either as she patted his back a few times
"I'll pay back to you when I can aight?"

 No.613933

File: 1421649686606.png (334.52 KB, 541x720, 36243396_p6.png)

>>613924
"Certainly, certainly! As soon as we can," Mister Burrows says, fluttering his wings, and flying up to land on the side of Dandybell's face. "Miss Dandybell, would you mind driving us back?" Dandybell doesn't seem to react to having a gigantic beetle on the side of her face. "Mister Wrangler, would you mind coming with us?"
>>613925
>>613930
"Unfortunately, something such as this is highly classified. You understand," Mister Burrows says, crawling over Dandy's face to look at them.
>>613928
"Too true, Mister Cold Brew. These bugs are a menace to everyone," Burrows says, his voice rattly and uncomfortable to listen to.
>>613927
"Go talk to Glossamer, she'll schedule a doctor's appointment for you," Dandybell says.

Dandybell exits with Mister Burrows on her face, leading Wrangler to the motorpool, where a blue van with an airbrushed moon hiding behind a rain cloud. Opening the passenger side door, Dandy got in the driver's seat. "Get in, Mister Wrangler~"

 No.613934

>>613933
I nod towards Dandybell before looking at the others. "Could you guys tell Ms. Glossamer that I apologize for a sloppy job. Promised her that I wouldn't mess things up and I still did."

 No.613935

>>613933
She does a doge scrunchy face.
"Aw come come on…" she muttered as she watched them go

 No.613936

>>613932

"T-that's really not necessary."

He says quietly as he blushes heavily from the hug.

>>613933

"Of course, of course. Pleasure to have met you, Mister Burrows. Till another time."

he says, as the bug leaves.

 No.613937

>>613933

"Alright, Alright, i'll go find her."

stretching, i make my way back onto the main floor of the headquarters, searching for Glossamer among the regular bustle of workers.

[1d10] Search

"Now, if i was an assistant, where would i be?"

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.613938

>>613933
>>613937
He follows suit, looking for Glossamer.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.613939

>>613936
"Nope. Nopenopenope. You're getting something nice in return. Rhanna never pays back for a favor!"
She let's go of him

 No.613940

File: 1421650788384.png (597.8 KB, 670x850, 36243396_p8.png)

>>613934
After you get in the van, Dandybell rolls out of the motor pool, driving down the street, leaving the city and coming to a facility. Your memory kind of blanks at this point, you just remember everything going white before finding yourself on your back on a cold table, with something metal and hollow shoved down your throat, with various dark figures surrounding you around the table, with sounds of heavy breathing filling your ears. After that, you wake up in the general hospital, with stitches healing on your belly by a cute unicorn nurse.
>>613936
>>613939
The two of you assumedly do science together.
>>613937
>>613938
After Gaétan gets lost in the mares' restroom, Cold Brew leads him to Glossamer's desk, and they get a doctor's appointment to check out and heal their wounds, and in a couple days they're as good as new.

Five days later, it's the start of another day at Roach Rustlers. Sun shining through the buildings, grass growing from cracks in the sidewalk and tar, time to clock in for another day on the job. It's Wrangler's first day back after spending a nice stay in the hospital.

 No.613941

>>613940

Pest has purchased an additional typewriter for the diamond dog scientist within the five days, performing strictly scientific research, along with a few shared meals while going into late hours.

Pest clocks in as usual, more chipper than usual, caring less about his appearance as well. He once again drops of his lunchbox in his locker, tinkering with his gas-sprayer.

 No.613942

>>613940
Rhanna let out a long yawn as she came in
she was always yawning in the morning.

She came in through the door and got everything set up for a work day
she had that constant smile on her face though.

 No.613943

>>613940

Decidedly more awake than the last time i clocked in, due mostly to soreness, i land near the front entrance and wander in, making sure to clock in.

"eurgh- oh man, still not a morning person but at least i'm not bug chow."

 No.613944

>>613940
I check the front desk in search for Glossamer. Hoping to find out what my next job is.

 No.613945

>>613940
He wakes up and rubs the sleep from his eyes, going about his daily routine of drenching himself in a bucket of ice cold water before heading to O'Reilly's to pick up some breakfast before getting to work and clocking in.

 No.613946

File: 1421651906742.png (364.41 KB, 626x600, 36243396_p9.png)

>>613941
>>613942
>>613943
>>613944
>>613945
Grubadug stands by the door as everyone comes in, giving the stink-eye to the latecomers.

As Wrangler comes up to Glossamer's desk, she looks up at him over her glasses, keeping her eyes on him as he comes closer. "Good morning, Wrang," she says, "Had a good stay in the hospital?"

 No.613947

>>613946
"Morning boss. Wonderfulday isn't it?" She said before heading to clock in. Constantly humming a song

 No.613948

>>613946
>>613942

Pest looks up, heading over to the diamond dog as he puts away his gas-thrower.

"Heya Rhanna, how's your morning been so far?"

 No.613949

>>613946
I give her a warm smile. "Oh the view was nice, though they didn't have any good food to settle my stomach. Got any work for me today?"

 No.613950

>>613946
"Morning boss!" he says cheerfully, taking a look around and waiting for further instructions.

 No.613951

>>613946

taking a seat, i give my tank and strikers a once over, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

"No way these gloves are going to go up in flames like last time, that's for sure."

[1d10] Equipment Check

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.613952

File: 1421652562672.png (406.43 KB, 714x700, 36243396_p10.png)

>>613949
"Well, that's a good question," she says, "We've got appointments for extermination jobs, but there's also the possibility of another report of Encroaches. Which would you prefer?"
>>613951
You can't find anything wrong with your equipment.

 No.613953

>>613948
"Oh hey there Pest, I actually been real good. Stayed up late watching the old Lady of the Horseshoes movies…Hehe,dunno if you seen it but you kinda look like one of the characters

 No.613954

>>613952
I stand there for a moment to think it over.

"I better just go ahead and take the Encroaches job, better to know what I'm gettin' into rather than getting surprise attacked like last time. But I swear if it's them damn centipedes…"

 No.613955

>>613953

"Never seen it, no. Don't get it much."

He says, shrugging.

 No.613956

>>613955
*don't get out much

 No.613957

>>613952
After strapping my gear back in, i meander over to the job board, taking a look at what's posted.

"Hmm after that mess i'd be a lot safer taking some regular work."

 No.613958

>>613955
Really? Huh…well how about you and me, on the movie theater, today after work?" She put a hand on his shoulder and shook him up a tiny bit

 No.613959

File: 1421653217252.png (412.24 KB, 664x650, 36243396_p12.png)

>>613954
"Alright, I'll let you know if we get anything," she says, pushing up her glasses, closing her eyes before looking back up at you. "Do you blame me personally for what happened?" Before you can answer, a red phone rings. She glances at it, then picks it up. "Good morning, you've reached Roach Rustlers Exterminat- yes, we are. We can do that. May we have your address?" She telekinates a pencil to write down an address, then hangs up the phone after talking to the pony on the other end. "I've got to fill some paperwork out," she says, "but it looks like I've got something for you. Would you mind telling the group from the job there's another one for them, if they're interested?"

 No.613960

>>613958

"I dunno… I haven't been to the movie theater since I was a colt."

he says, rubbing his shoulder nervously.

"Is it any good?"

 No.613961

I nod at Glossamer. "Course I will. Oh and don't blame you, things just happen sometimes."

I turn to head back towards the group after saying my goodbyes to Gloss.

"Hey fellas! Got another job for y'all!"

 No.613962

>>613961

Pest turns, looking to the pony,

"What's the location and job?"

 No.613963

>>pausing!

 No.614693

Time for VD
Post sheets

 No.614694

File: 1422240146260.jpg (113.92 KB, 1024x575, dyel.jpg)


 No.614695

File: 1422240326380.png (658.6 KB, 1000x1500, Gaetan at work.png)


 No.614696

File: 1422240395642.png (2.81 KB, 134x136, 1.PNG)

>>614693
pastebin.com/fPu4iivC

 No.614697

File: 1422240457686.png (182.43 KB, 770x700, 1419303098197.png)


 No.614698

File: 1422240533588.png (71.45 KB, 413x378, Rhanna copy.png)


 No.614699

File: 1422241551639.png (1.05 MB, 1283x1192, 46500290_p0.png)

>>614694
>>614695
>>614696
>>614697
>>614698
Typing up the OP
type type type

 No.614700

File: 1422242228846.png (1016.11 KB, 1000x1009, 46622180_p0.png)

It's another day at Roach Rustlers. Five days after the last report of Encroaches, and already another nest has been found in an industrial area. After calling everyone in, Dandybell the Earth Pony stands up on a small podium in front of the motor pool, with a whiteboard white board looped onto the chain link fence surrounding the pool.

>>614694
>>614695
>>614698
Since this will be your second time out, you've been seated separately from the inexperienced ponies sitting to the left.

>>614697
"Alright, Wrangler," Dandybell says, looking up at you, then back down at her clipboard, making sure she gets your name right, "I'm assuming you're feeling better after your trip to headquarters, so we put you on since you've got some experience already."
>>614696
"Russsstle…" Dandybell says your name, sounding confused while trying to sound certain, "Oh, you're pretty new, huh? Well, if you haven't introduced yourself to everyone, would you like to come up and do so?" The yellow Earth Pony gives you a wide smile.

 No.614701

>>614700

Leaning back into my chair, i kick back for a moment before the Briefing.

"What a Pain, only five days in and we've got another infestation."

 No.614702

>>614700
"Rustle, or just Russ'll do Ma'am. Sounds like a fine idea." The smile is returned, with a nod, and I move up to the podium.

"Well it sure is nice to meet alla you. Name's Rustle Grama. No, not like yer pappy's wife. Lookin' forward to Rustlin' some Roaches with ya!"

I immediately step down and smile to everyone, standing off to the side.

 No.614703

>>614700
>>614701
"You're complaining about more work? I've been itching to get my hooves on more roaches!" He rests his maul on his lap, passing his hoof over the 5 tallies he's scratched into its head since the previous mission.

 No.614704

>>614701
"Hey. You should be thankful it'slno everyday buddy…" she said opening up a book

>>614702
An adult female dog in a jumpsuit waves to him
"Hey there new meat. Welcome aboard. Sure is nice meeting you too''

 No.614705

>>614700
I relax back in my chair and give Dandybell a smile. "Yup, feelin' right as rain."

>>614702
I nod towards Rustle. "Nice to meet another from the south."

 No.614706

>>614703

"After that last fight? you know, the one where we nearly bought it against that queen?" i reply, idly grabbing my previously injured talon.

>>614704
"Heh, at least there's that, yeah."

>>614702
Leaning forward, i eye the new employee

"You ARE new, right? i've made the same mistake before, hard to keep track of newcomers."

 No.614707

>>614706
She lowered the book for a bit. "…hey and how's the arm by the way?"

 No.614708

File: 1422243460158.png (1.24 MB, 990x1400, 42949476.png)

>>614701
"Oh, well, you'll be happy to know Moonsoon has provided us with another device to combat the Encroaches with," Dandybell says, going to a metal-plated chest, sliding it over on the podium and drumming her hooves on it. "Woooo, what's insiiiiide?" She says, cooing like a ghost.
>>614702
"Was that your introduction?" She asks, heckling you after you step down, "I think we could have made that shorter, cut out a couple syllables, maybe."
>>614703
"That's a good attitude, Cold Brew!"
>>614704
"I think we should refrain from calling newer members meat, in case they end up getting eaten. You know, as a precaution for ironic death."
>>614705
"Glad to hear it! Now, time for the briefing…"

She clears her throat, and starts drawing out a factory floor on the whiteboard with a marker on a stick. "Now, this is the Golden Waves Bread factory, where they produce thousands of loaves daily for us Manehattenites. We got a call just now from them after someone found an Encroach nest in their baking room, so we had everyone evacuate and shut down the ovens. There's a possibility that the Encroaches were using the heat from the ovens to nurture the eggs while they were incubating, so there might already be some grown and matured ones flying around."

"There are five sections to check out this time- the baking room, the mixing room, grain storage, the bathrooms, and offices. For our new boys, this is how it works-"

1. The eggs are normally hidden well, so you'll have to look hard for them!
2. The eggs develop and hatch quickly when they detect living bodies around them, so spray them quick before they hatch!
3. The egg piles have some sort of telepathic communication system, where they can detect that another one's been killed. This can agitate them so that the others hatch quicker, so spreading out and synchronizing is important!
4. Once hatched, they can grow and evolve quickly, to the point that they might actually be invulnerable to normal extermination methods! Again, quickness is key!
5. The queen is always nearby! If you don't go after the eggs, first, they may hatch when they sense she is under attack, and come to help!

(1/2)

 No.614709

>>614706
He scoffs. "Maybe YOU did! I was right as rain the whole time." He crosses his front legs smugly. "Didn't you say I'd get slowed down by me gear?"
>>612533

 No.614710

File: 1422243664620.png (731.46 KB, 1200x600, 46082556_p2.png)

>>614708
"Now, we did maintenance on our drill, so whoever wants it, come up here and get it, and read the manual on the way over so you know how to use it."

"Our new weapon is a hoof-held heat ray!" She opens the metal chest, revealing a gun-shaped item with a backpack attached with a large cable. The 'barrel' of the heat ray is wide, and there are metal vents on the front. "The backpack sucks in air, and superheats it as it travels through the cable, then fires out super-hot blasts of air through the gun. It's capable of melting steel, even! Who wants this one?"

 No.614711

>>614707
Sitting up, i take a look at my talon, turning it slightly.

"Well, the burns are gone, but it's hard to forget how badly things went down there. Not too often you wind up intact after explosive equipment failure."

Captcha: Romance aheder

 No.614712

>>614710
I stand up and raise my hoof. "I'll take the ray, considerin' I work better with ranged weapons."

 No.614713

>>614710
"Something with a bit more range than these spray tanks, now that's what i'm talking about!"

"If no one else is after it, i'll give it a try."

 No.614714

>>614704
I Nod and smile in acknowledgement, and thanks, replying with a laugh. "Hopefully I can avoid being meat."

>>614706
"Yeah I am, still a lil' green around the hooves, but I reckon I'll catch on right quick."

>>614708
"Apologies Ma'am." I look down at the ground sheepishly.

 No.614715

>>614708
>>614710
>>614712
"I won't stop you," he comments. "I don't trust that new-fangled fancy crap." He clutches his weapon defensively.

 No.614716

>>614710
"Aw man, not the golden waves, I love that place!" She said putting down the book
"Yeah I'll take the drill again, and I'll try to read that on ththe van" she said taking the drill and the papers

>>614711
"Ah yeah totally. You see this thing here?" She says putting a finger in her chest, motioning to the gem on the jumpsuit. "The prototypes of this shit exploded in my face so many times I lost count. But I do remember that the 27th attempt got me a trip to the hospital. But now it's perfectly regulated and whatnot, so I got nothing to worry. If you want, I can help with your stuff later after work, whaddya say?"

>>614714
"Heh, don't worry guy, I'll take good care of ya" she said patting his shoulders "so what u a do? Any stuff that makes you stand out? Special abilities or some shit like that?"

 No.614717

File: 1422244454230.png (560.23 KB, 600x630, 41709617_p0.png)

>>614712
"Okay, then come on up an-"
>>614713
"Oh, err…"
>>614714
"It's nothing, Rustle, I'm just giving you a hard time," she says, poking your ribs with the marker on a stick after she puts the lid back on.
>>614715
"Well, alright, Cold Brew, maybe you'll change your mind after something bad happens and you're saved because we made a… uh… giant pair of mechanical hedge clippers for cutting off legs? I don't work in R&D, I'm administrative, for all I know they're just going to the hardware store and saying they can one-up everything in the power tools department."
>>614716
"Okay, Rhanna for the drill, excellent!"

"So, if we're all ready, let's get in the van!" Dandybell leads the way to the Roach Rustlers' white van, with the Moonsoon moon/rain cloud logo tampographed next to it.

 No.614718

>>614717
I walk up to Dandybell. "So how thick is this manual anyways?" I say, taking the Heat Gun and inspecting it.

 No.614719

>>614717
He jumps into the van, whistling merrily and taking a seat.

 No.614720

>>614716
"Good thinking" i say, nodding "We might be able to swap notes, see what went wrong back there."

>>614717
"Hopping out of the chair, i adjust the straps on my tank, do a trial startup of the strikers, then hop into the back.

"Alright, team, lets see how this goes."

 No.614721

>>614716
I kick the ground with a hoof. "I don't really know about special, but ma used ta say I was was the luckiest butterhooves she knew. I guess I know a mite about crawly things…I can be real quiet-like too!"

Smiling and nodding to Dandybell, I go ahead and get into the back of the van.

 No.614722

>>614717
"Yeah sure. Let's go Save the bakery."
Her stomach growls a bit
"…I shouldn't have skipped breakfast though…ah well maybe I can buy something after we save the place "

>>614720
"It's settledthen! I might even buy us both some donuts after the job. What's yer favorite frosting mah boy?"

>>614721
"Lucky you say?we'll that's good enough too. I haven't been so lucky lately so I hope you can be the team's lucky charm aight?"

 No.614723

File: 1422245239994.png (686.49 KB, 737x1000, 41201085_p0.png)

>>614718
Dandybell hoofs you the manual, about 120 pages, mostly technical and repair detail. "Just give the operation section a read," she says.
>>614719
>>614720
>>614721
>>614722
With everyone in the van, Dandybell sets out, driving through the streets of the city, getting stuck in traffic midway, coming to the bread factory after half an hour. This time, the employees have been completely evacuated, and Moonsoon representatives are already there, hanging out in full-body hazmat suits, giving her a wave as the van pulls in.

"Alright, everyone out!" She says, turning the van out, getting out and setting up a radio table, "Get your trottie-talkies, and go get those bugs!"

 No.614724

>>614723
I gets the Heat Gun strapped on and get the rest of my gear ready before turning to the others. "Ya'll ready? We should figure out who's going with who."

 No.614725

>>614724
I also read the manual while riding in the van to the factory

 No.614726

>>614722
Scratching my beak in though, i take a moment before snapping my talons. "Trotston Cream!, now that's a doughnut."

>>614723
hopping out of the van, i grab a talkie and take a look at the building.

"Alright, so what's the layout of this place? if we've got to move fast i want all our bases covered here."

 No.614727

>>614723
>>614723
She finished reading about the drill
"AlrightI think I can get this thing to work this time.
She lifted the drill in front of her face "now if you don't work with me this time, I'm turning you into a calculator, got it?" She spoke to it. And turned it on twitwice in rapid succession to make it go "whir-whir"
"Good! Now let's squash some bugs"

>>614724
>>614721
"Well I guess I'll go with Rustle. To make sure I'll keep him safe and not get eggs shoved down his stomach and such…"

 No.614728

>>614726
"Aaaaaaaw shiet dude that's like, my second or third favorite! Nothing tops the good and classic cheery filling with sugar sprinkles tho!"

 No.614729

>>614723
>>614722
"I'll do my darnedest."

Hopping on out, I grab a talkie and look around.

>>614727
"Time ta see if I really am lucky. I got no problem with that…well, so long as eggs stay away unless cooked."

 No.614730

>>614723
>>614724
>>614727
"I think I'll follow suit. Need to look after the new guy and all that sort of thing."

 No.614731

>>614730
"You got it brew"

>>614729
"Oh Baby those are definitely not the kind of eggs you would want anywhere near you, even boiled, scrambled, fried or-*grumble*
"…fuck me I'm hungry as hell…" she said holding her tummy

 No.614732

File: 1422246128453.png (432.93 KB, 799x870, 40261940.png)

>>614725
>+1 to Heat Ray use for reading the manual
>>614726
"What?" Dandybell squawks as you ask about the layout, "I had it drawn on the whiteboard back at the warehouse! Weren't you paying attention?"
>>614727
+1 to Drill for reading the manual
>>614729
>>614730
"Someone should go with Gaętan so he doesn't get lost," Dandybell says, looking concernedly at the griffofn.

 No.614733

>>614727
"H-Hey! That was ONE TIME!"

>>614730
>>614732
"Right… Well that leaves me and Gaétan." I turn to look at Gaétan. "We should probably hit the baking rooms and mixing rooms, whatever was being made in there is probably spoiled by now."

 No.614734

>>614733
"I bet you still enjoyed it~" she smirks at him before brewing an orange soda-flavored drink
>Spellbound alchemizing. Bolster

>>614732
"We'll start on the bathrooms then if that's alright guys"

 No.614735

>>614731
"I dunno, some species have pretty tasty eggs if prepared just right…" all-too-serious smile.

"We should probably avoid any of the cookin' rooms, less ya wanna be even more hungry as we go, so sounds good to me."

 No.614736

>>614732

"Oh it's fine! i was just pulling your leg, don't worry" i reply, looking flustered.

"I'll just go with my good buddy Wrangler here and take care of the baking room."

>>614733
refocusing, i nod.

"Right, i'll take a look at the Baking room and see what's what, you take care of the Mixing area. we'll keep in touch by radio, so don't be afraid to report in if you spot an Encroach."

 No.614737

>>614735
"Yeah I can be a mean bitch when I get hungry. No pun intended, hehe. So to the bathrooms it is"

 No.614738

>>614734
"As good a plan as any. Let's get a wriggle on." He holsters his trottie-talkie and heads off to the bathrooms to investigate.

 No.614739

>>614732

With a determined look, i make my way into the Baking area.

"tch. Testing the radio, do you guys read this?" i say into the reciever

 No.614740

>>614736
"Right, if anybody here comes across the queen, report where her location is and call for back up only when you need it."

I begin to head into the building and go straight for the mixing room.

 No.614741

>>614738
>>614737

Chuckle-snorts and follows along to the Bathrooms.

 No.614742

File: 1422247353551.png (1.07 MB, 926x1205, 38539801.png)

>>614738
>>614741
>>614737
The bathrooms seem to be shared/unisex, with two long lines of stalls facing each other on either side of the wall, with sinks operated by a hoof pedal. The stalls are made of a blue, thick plastic, with graffiti scratched into them. It looks clean already, though the vents are a little dusty with cobwebs.
>>614740
The mixing room has four large drums with giant blenders, though they've all been stopped and cleaned out. Normally, crushed grain would pour into them, while eggs, milk, and other ingredients would flow out into them through ceiling-mounted vents. The ground is concrete, and scrubbed clean.
>>614736
The baking room is adjacent to the mixing room, where normally dough would be cut up into loaves on a conveyer belt, then dropped onto another belt and run through the four large ovens inside, then dropped into paper bags to be put into trucks and shipped to local grocery stores.

 No.614743

>>614742
He begins to search the bathroom, checking in each toilet for any eggs.

[1d10] Perception

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.614744

>>614742
I ready the Heat Gun in case any Encroach decides to sneak up on me.

I begin to search for Encroach eggs.

Search [1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.614745

>>614742
She examined the stalls along with Cold brew
'1d10'
Meanwhile brewing a chameleon skin potion
>Spellbound alchemizing. Stealth

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.614746

>>614742

"bzt. Beginning Search now, standby."
moving quietly, i scan the spots between the rows of unpowered ovens, looking for the telltale lump of Encroach eggsacs.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.614747

>>614742

Rustle, being a little nervous on his first assignment, follows suit, trying to look busy, he peeks within the stalls and toilets as well.

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.614748

File: 1422248053454.png (1.28 MB, 1500x1635, 37255882.png)

>>614743
You fail to find any eggs in the toilets.
>>614745
As your suit brews up another potion, you fail to find any eggs, as well.
>>614747
You can't find any eggs- they just might not be in the stalls.

>>614744
Stuck to the side of one of the silos, you find a batch of three eggs stuck together- white spheroids covered and stuck together with a clear slime.

>>614746
You can't find any eggs, for now.

"This is Dandybell, where is everyone positioned?" The radio sounds out.

 No.614749

I pick up my talkie. "I found a batch of what looks like three white eggs covered in spit. I'm in the mixing room at the moment."

I ready the Heat Ray.

"Should I take em out now or give you guys a moment to find your own batch?"

 No.614750

>>614748

"Bzt. This is Gaétan, i've taken up positions in the Baking room, over."

scooting my way along the conveyor, i take a look inside the ovens as i move.

[1d10] Search

"No eggs spotted, continuing search."

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.614751

>>614748
"We're in the bathrooms right now. No signs of anything yet," he responds as he begins to check the sinks and the ceiling.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.614752

>>614748
"Hey Dandy this is Rhanna. Me , Cold and the new guy are on the bathroons…nothing new happening for now…"
She said before examining the vent
'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.614753

>>614748

"Maybe these critters aren't so smart…"

For the hell of it, feeling a little less nervous at the thought of the bugs being significantly less dangerous, peers within the wastebin looking for anything out of the ordinary.

[1d10]

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.614754

File: 1422248750605.png (239.87 KB, 1216x1200, 43469109_p0.png)

>>614749
"Well," Dandybell says, "You could take them out now, and prompt all the other ones to hatch and go to the queen, meaning everyone else won't have to look for them, but they grow up quickly, so if they can't get rid of them quickly, it could turn nasty. I suggest marking the spot and getting out, so your body heat doesn't stress them and make them hatch quicker."
>>614751
>>614752
>>614753
Cold Brew finds a batch of eggs stuck together under a sink, three round eggs stuck together with slime, while Rhanna and Rustle find diddly. "Wait, what?" Dandybell says, sounding worried, "Clear out, now! Having that many bodies in the same room is going to make the eggs hatch way faster than if there were just one of you!"

>>614750
Checking out the ovens, you find three eggs stuck to the underside one of them, lined up in a neat row.

 No.614755

>>614754
"Right, thanks for the advice, dandy."

I memorize the location of the eggs before continuing to search for more.

Search [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.614756

>>614754
"You heard the lass. Scarper!" He makes a mental note of where they are and bustles out of the bathrooms as quickly as his short legs can take him.

 No.614757

>>614754
"bzt. Eggs spotted, marking their position."

Hopping off the conveyor, i take a look around the packaging line for any hidden eggs.

[1d10] Search

"Once you think you've tagged them all, we'll have to move quick and blast them before they hatch."

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.614758

>>614756
>>614754

Rustle follows Brew out.

"S'pose we should check the office now? Should someone stay back here to get rid of the eggs ya found? When the time comes I mean."

 No.614759

File: 1422249569212.png (321.32 KB, 681x800, 36979106.png)

>>614755
You don't find any more eggs.
>>614756
>>614758
You clear out into the hallway.
>>614757
You don't find any more eggs, but you get a feeling that the ones you found were all there was.

 No.614760

>>614759
"Hrmg.. Better check more before I hit em."

I search around for more eggs.

Search [1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.614761

>>614759
Nodding, i take a moment to relax, waiting for the signal to start spraying.

"bzt. Find anything yet, team?"

 No.614762

>>614758
>>614759
"Right you are!" He starts heading towards the offices. "You've got a good head on your shoulders, you know. You'll need it for this sort of job. Quest. Thing."

 No.614763

>>614762

"Alrighty, you go find them lil buggers…heh. Puns. I'll wait back here to gas these ones when ya radio in on yer findings."

I stay at the restrooms and wait.

 No.614764

File: 1422250437227.jpg (55.17 KB, 600x683, 39937580.jpg)

>>614760
You find another batch of eggs… right next to your face, as you poke it between two consoles. The eggs start poking from the inside, as small legs push out and tear them open, and three grasshoppers hop out, flying up past your head and into the mixing area.
>>614761
You stand in the same place, as the mutant bugs inside the eggs continue to grow in response to your proximity.
>>614762
The office space looks cramped, two rows of desks lined in a row, with papers stacked on top, file cabinets against the wall. It looks like it'd get messy real quick if there was some action.
>>614763
You stand in the hallway outside the bathroom, at a safe distance from the eggs.

 No.614765

I grab my talkie quickly after the eggs hatch. "Warning! second batch of eggs found in the mixing area and they just hatched! Repeating, eggs in the mixing area have hatched!"

I turn to the first batch that I found and aim the Heat Ray at it.

"Start destroying those eggs!"

Heat Ray [1d10+2]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.614766

>>614763
"Alright then. Take care, new blood."

>>614764
He starts carelessly brushing aside the piles of paper in his search for eggs.

[1d10]

>>614765
"Bloody hell!" He radios in to Rustle. "Heads up! There's a few eggs under one of the sinks where you are. Spray them now!"

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.614767

>>614766
"I'm on it!" He radios back and rushes back into the bathroom.

 No.614768

>>614765
>>614764


Jumping at the warning, i yank the sprayer into operation and dive into the oven, spraying the inner wall

"Alright, lets get spraying fast, clock's ticking!"

[1d10] Spray, egg batch

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.614769

File: 1422251170048.png (188.23 KB, 1022x749, 42901907_p0.png)

>>614765
You miss with the Heat Ray, as the three grasshoppers hop towards the Grain Storage area through the conveyor belts that feed the crushed grain into the mixing area. The eggs you attempted to fry start to hatch as well, more grasshoppers pulling themselves out from the eggs and hopping out.
>>614768
Your nozzle is turned the wrong way, and you spray yourself in the face.
>take 2 hits
You can only hear the sounds of the eggs being torn open, as the inhabitants start hopping out towards their queen.
>>614766
You fail to find any eggs under all the papers. Someone's going to have to clean that up, you know.
>>614767
The eggs inside haven't hatched, yet, thank goodness.

 No.614770

>>614769
He curses under his breath and begins to check under the desks instead.

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.614771

>>614769
Rustle rushes to the sinks and pulls out his spray, finding the eggs he lines up the 'shot' to the best of his ability and sprays!

[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.614772

>>614769
"You ain't gettin' away from me!"

I aim at the Hoppers and begin to charge the Heat Ray before firing at them.

Whirlwind
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10 / Roll #2 6 + 2 = 8 / Roll #3 8 + 2 = 10

 No.614773

>>614772
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6 / Roll #2 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #3 5 + 2 = 7

 No.614774

>>614769
Coughing and retching from the poison, i roll off the side of the conveyor and aim a blast at the retreating Grasshoppers

[1d10] Spray, closest grasshopper

"not this time *cough**cough* you stupid bugs!"

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.614775

File: 1422251782254.png (173.1 KB, 545x598, 42171311_p0.png)

>>614770
You find a batch of eggs stuck to a corner of a desk, slime dripping onto the carpeted floor.
>>614771
You aim the nozzle the wrong way and squirt yourself in the face.
>take 2 hits
Unfortunately, you haven't been out of the room too long for the eggs to calm down enough, and they start to hatch, three large grasshoppers tearing their way out, heading towards the doorway.
>>614772
Blasts of superheated air fly out from the heat ray, flash-burning the three remaining bugs in the room.
>>614774
The closest grasshopper dies from a well-aimed spray, curling up and dying. The other two crawl into the conveyor belts that feed into the mixing room.

 No.614776

File: 1422251982519.png (376.44 KB, 414x540, Yourpropertyjustgotdamaged….png)

>>614775
He flips the desk over and slams his maul onto the eggs in an overhead swing.

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 4 + 1 = 5

 No.614777

Coughing and shaking his head, eyes squinted, he quickly spins the spray in his hand and takes another shot.

"Uh-uh, not *sputter* on my first day!"

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.614778

"Hah! Gotcha!"

I grab my talkie. "Three hoppers down, another three heading for the silo. Report on your locations and any other hopper locations."

 No.614779

>>614775

Wiping my eyes clear of poison, i hop up and make a mad dash for the Mixing room

"Bzt. Two made it out of the Baking room! on my way to the mixing area, we've got to move fast before they evolve!"

 No.614780

File: 1422252226035.png (317.8 KB, 756x800, 42171311_p4.png)

>>614776
Your maul lands right next to the eggs. They haven't started to hatch.
>>614777
You get one of them, but the other two move through the open door and into the hallway, hopping towards grain storage.
>>614778
As you move through the hallway to grain storage, you find two of them just hopping out from the bathrooms.
>>614779
You go into the mixing room just as Wrangler gets out, where the two that just got away from you are now making their way towards the belts going to the grain storage conveyor belts.

 No.614781

>>614780
He growls and stomps on the eggs, vaguely noticing they look different to the ones he saw on his first mission.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.614782

File: 1422252340895.png (726.38 KB, 1022x612, 42171311_p9.png)

>>614778
>>614779
As Wrangler reports the three moving to the grain silo, Gaétan bursts into the room just as two more grasshoppers enter at the same time through the conveyor belts.

 No.614783

>>614782
"There they are!"

I begin to fire at the hoppers.

Heat Ray [1d10+2]

Roll #1 8 + 2 = 10

 No.614784

>>614780
Rustle shakes his head again and takes in a fresh breath, radioing in.

"Two of 'em got away from me, headin' towards that grain storage! Followin' em!"

Rustle books it to follow them.

 No.614785

>>614780

Busting through the doors into the mixing room, i line up a shot at another grasshopper, still hot on their tail

"clear the way!"

[1d10] Spray

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.614786

File: 1422252874330.png (291.85 KB, 775x900, 42171311_p12.png)

>>614781
You miss, and end up looking like a grumpy child.
>>614783
You hit one of the remaining grasshoppers, flash-torching it like you did the others.
>>614785
You miss! The one remaining grasshopper hops into the conveyor belt, making its way to the Grain storage room.
>>614784
As you follow the two of them into the grain storage room, you find three more already hatched, their shells black, as they've now grown to the size of… you, or just any average pony.
The room is composed of several large grain silos, with grinding wheels at the bottom that would grind the grain down so they would be suitable for baking.

 No.614787

>>614786
"What is wrong with me?" he mumbles to himself as he tries to destroy them with his maul again.

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.614788

"Come on, let's get to the silo!"

I grab my talkie again. "Get rid of whatever eggs or hoppers you can and head to the silo!"

I then rush to the silo where Rustle is.

 No.614789

Rustle radios in, as silently as possible while hopefully still able to be heard.

"Might have a bit of a problem, there's three more in here, they uh…they're pretty big. Gonna wait for some backup."

With that, Rustle tries to stay in the shadows, hiding himself.

[1d10] Stealth

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.614790

>>614788
"Right!"

>>614786
I continue the sprint into the Grain Silo, weapons at the ready.

"bzrt. we're on the way, Hold on!"

 No.614791

File: 1422253468988.png (343.7 KB, 1009x1200, 45283116_p0.png)

>>614787
You miss once more, as the white eggs are torn open from the inside, and three grasshoppers move out, heading towards the door.
>>614789
You are able to hide yourself in the shadows.
>>614788
>>614790
The two of you arrive in the grain silo, seeing Rustle sneak into the shadows.

The one grasshopper from the baking room's shell flashes, and turns black, while the three that had hatched when Rustle found them have already grown to the size of a pony- but then they keep growing, mutating wildly, as their whole bodies change, and they take the shape of bipedal creatures, like Diamond Dogs if they were taller, more slender, and had better posture.

There are two more grasshoppers near the door, but they haven't grown as much as the others so far.

 No.614792

"You two handle the smaller ones."

I aim the Heat Ray at the two larger hoppers.

"I'll handle these ones."

Heat Ray [1d10+2]

Roll #1 10 + 2 = 12

 No.614793

>>614788
>>614791
"Bit hung up at the moment!" He swings his maul in circles, aiming to strike the newly hatched roaches.

[1d10] Cleave, crits 9+

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.614794

>>614791

Stowing away the sprayer, i start my strikers and charge, sending both fists plowing into the smaller Grasshopper.

"Here we go!"

[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 1 + 1 = 2 / Roll #2 4 + 1 = 5

 No.614795

>>614791
>>614792

Rustle nods silently and creeps back towards the door, staying hidden until he gets close enough to rear up and slam his forehooves down towards one of the two smaller insects.

[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.614796

>>614792
You flash-torch another one of the grasshoppers, killing it instantly.
>>614793
You lose grip of your maul, as it swings around and hits you in the side of the head.
>take 5 hits
>>614794
The same glove that exploded last time does so again, torching your arm and burning the fur off of it.
>Remaining striker is now a Single Weapon
>take 5 hits, helpless
>>614795
Sneaking out, you smash the last of the smaller insects under your hooves.

The remaining grasshopper mutates suddenly, growing into the bipedal form that the others share.

Suddenly, one of the grain silos explode, as wheat flies out. Inside is the massive grasshopper queen, mutated into a giant form of the four bipedal warriors, except now hideous to behold, having become a locust.

>Locust Warrior 1

>Locust Warrior 2
Two of the Locust Warriors charges towards Wrangler after he torches their junior, both curling up their suddenly-formed hands into a fist.
[1d10]
[1d10]
>Locust Warrior 3
As Rustle uncloaks and squashes the younger bug, the third Locust jumps up and goes for a flying kick at him.
[1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10 / Roll #2 7 = 7 / Roll #3 1 = 1

 No.614797

He grunts as he hits himself, steadying himself and swinging at the hoppers again.

[1d10] Cleave, fingers crossed

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.614798

File: 1422254455741.png (394.03 KB, 1000x827, 45283116_p1.png)

>>614796
The two Locust Warriors slam their fists into Wrangler, one pounding him right in the jaw, while the other socks him in the neck.
>Wrangler takes 7 hits, helpless
Unfortunately (for him) the last Locust Warrior misses Rustle, slamming its foot into the floor at the wrong angle.
>Locust Warrior 3 helpless

 No.614799

>>614798
I would cry out in pain if it weren't for being socked in both my jaw and neck, instead falling to the ground like a rock. "Damn it!"

Recovery [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.614800

>>614798
Rustle grabs the drill and moves in on the Locust that missed him, calling out to his downed peer.

"Hang in there!"

He moves to take out the Locust with the drill.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.614801

>>614798
With a resounding 'BOOM!' my left glove explodes, throwing me violently off balance and face first into the side of a silo.

Peeling off what was left of the glove, i try to claw my way back up in between bouts of screaming.

[1d10] recovery

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.614802

>>614797
Your maul swings high, hitting a steel beam in the wall, bouncing back to hit you in the gut.
>take 5 hits, helpless
The three grasshoppers jump around inside the office, hopping onto stacks of paper and over you as you fall to the ground.
>>614799
You fail to recover.
>>614800
The drill kicks up, and the extended point digs right into the Locust's armor, tearing it up and dealing massive damage.
>Locust Warrior 3 takes 1 wound
>>614801
Despite getting knocked down by a violent explosion, you almost jump right back up.
>recovered

>Locust Warrior 1

>Locust Warrior 2
The twin Locusts both kick at Rustle.
[1d10]
[1d10]
>Locust Warrior 3
[1d10] Recover
>Locust Warrior 4
[1d10] Assist Locust Warrior 3 to Recover
>Locust Queen
The giant queen reaches down at Wrangler as he tries to recover.
[1d10]

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 9 = 9 / Roll #4 8 = 8 / Roll #5 3 = 3

 No.614803

>>614802
The Twin Locusts miss terribly, as the first one misses and falls down onto its back, the other one almost falling down, too.
3 is able to recover, as 4 kind of helps.
The Queen retracts her hand, turning to the first two of her children and chattering at them with a high-pitched clacking noise

 No.614804

>>614802
He mumbles drunkenly as he rolls back on his feet, trying to steady himself.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.614805

>>614802
>>614803
While the queen is distracted I attempt to get back up again.

Recover [1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.614806

Rustle looks between the locusts and Wrangler.

"Aww dangit!"

He rushes over to Wrangler and attempts to help him up.

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.614807

>>614802

Working off the shock, i throw a punch towards one of the locusts, keeping my injured arm clear of the blast.

[1d10+1] Striker, Locust 3

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.614808

File: 1422255602372.png (401.38 KB, 754x1200, 45283116_p2.png)

>>614804
Cold Brew is able to recover! The bugs keep hopping around the office, rapidly growing larger around him.
>>614805
You wrench your back as you try to lift yourself up again.
>Critfail range for recovery rises by 1 each time you fail to recover, take 1 wound
>>614806
You're able to help Wrangler up more than he can help himself.
>>614807
The Locust Warrior deflects the punch, and socks you on the beak in retaliation.
>Counter
>take 2 hits

>Locust Warrior 1

[1d10]Recover
>Locust Warrior 2
[1d10] Attack Rustle
>Locust Warrior 4
[1d10] Attack Rustle
>Locust Queen
[1d10] Reaching for Wrangler

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 1 = 1 / Roll #3 6 = 6 / Roll #4 3 = 3

 No.614809

File: 1422255708614.png (290.3 KB, 1278x1200, 45283116_p3.png)

>>614808
The first Locust Warrior fails to recover, just as his partner loses his balance trying to hit Rustle.
The fourth Warrior socks Wrangler in the gut
>Wrangler takes 1 hit
While the Queen again stops reaching to chide her children once more.

 No.614810

>>614808
He lets out a warcry and spins around in circles with his maul.

[1d10] Cleave
>tfw tempting fate

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.614811

>>614809
"Right, let's end this quick fellas! If we get this one, maybe the boss will give us a raise! YEEEHAAAW!"

Inspire [1d10]

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.614812

>>614809
*Rustle take 1 hit

 No.614813

>>614809

seeing stars after that punch, i try to focus long enough to get a hit in, assisted by momentum from the striker

"got to…keep fighting. No way out of this."

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 3 + 1 = 4

 No.614814

>>614808
Rustle stumbles back from the blow and narrows his eyes. Taking the drill again, he spins it up as fast as he can and drives it towards Locust Warrior 4.

"YER BUGGIN' ME!"

[1d10]

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.614815

File: 1422256203144.png (158.22 KB, 900x758, 45283116_p4.png)

>>614810
You miss the bugs again, hitting another steel beam in the wall.
>helpless, now at 1/5
>>614811
Your hillbilly call inspires everyone on the radio.
>entire party gets +2 to roll next turn
>>614813
The Locust deflects your fist with his other arm, and gives a twisting straight punch to your beak once more.
>Counter, Gaétan takes 2 hits
>>614814
The Locust Warrior sidesteps the strike, chopping you on the back.
>Counter, Rustle takes 1 hit

>Locust Warrior 1

[1d10]
>Locust Warrior 2
[1d10]
>Locust Queen
[1d10] Reaching for Wrangler

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 4 = 4 / Roll #3 10 = 10

 No.614816

>>614815
The first Warrior gets back onto his feet, while the second one struggles some more. The Locust Queen wraps her hand around Wrangler, lifting him up and bringing him to her mouth…
>roll to break free, higher difficulty due to crit

 No.614817

>>614815
He shrugs off the blow and swings at the hoppers again.

[1d10+2] Cleave, watch me critfail like a bitch

Roll #1 4 + 2 = 6

 No.614818

"Damn it! let go of me!"

Break grapple [1d10+2]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.614819

>>614815

Hearing Wrangler's bit of encouragement, i focus past the pain for another shot at the locust.

"Come on! one more hit!"

steadying myself, i throw a right hook, steam screaming out of the vents full force!

[1d10+1+2]

 No.614820

>>614819

[1d10+3]

Roll #1 4 + 3 = 7

 No.614821

Gritting his teeth, Rustle backs up into the shadows again after calling out.

"Hang on, I got an idea!"

[1d10+2] Stealth

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5

 No.614822

File: 1422256854169.png (224.29 KB, 850x387, 45283116_p6.png)

>>614817
You hit each of the grasshoppers, but barely. In front of your eyes, the three of them mutate into bipedal Locust Warriors, their red eyes flashing at your injured form.
>>614818
Her mighty grip isn't enough to break free, as her many-mandibled mouth opens up, her gaping maw swallowing you and the drill whole.
>>614820
The Locust Warrior takes the drill to the side, stepping back and looking hurt.
>>614821
You are unable to hide yourself.

>Locust Warrior 1

[1d10] Attack Gaétan
>Locust Warrior 2
[1d10] Recover
>Locust Warrior 3
[1d10] Attack Rustle
>Locust Warrior 4
[1d10] Attack Gaétan

Roll #1 9 = 9 / Roll #2 2 = 2 / Roll #3 5 = 5 / Roll #4 4 = 4

 No.614823

>>614822
The First Locust Warrior punches Gaétan hard enough to knock him out, while the second one fails to recover once more, wrenching its back, and the third and fourth ones fail to connect their attacks.

The Queen climbs back on top of the grain silo, and starts punching the ceiling, trying to break through the top.

 No.614824

>>614822
>Gaétan takes 4 hits, helpless

 No.614825

>>614822
"Yeugh! You little bitch, I'm sick of these queens having a fetish for shoving something into another's stomach!"

I aim the Heat Ray's nozzle up the throat of the queen and towards her head, firing at it as much as I can.

Whirlwind

[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

Roll #1 3 + 2 = 5 / Roll #2 7 + 2 = 9 / Roll #3 1 + 2 = 3

 No.614826

>>614822
He spits on the ground, staring them in the eyes and leaping at the middle warrior. "You want a piece of me, you wee dandies? Well come up and get me!!"

[1d10+1] Blast

Roll #1 10 + 1 = 11

 No.614827

>>614822
Rustle groans and rushes back forward to try and assist Gaétan, in the form of lunging with the drill, spinning it up and aiming towards Locust Warrior 4

[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.614828

>>614822

with the second punch, i hit the ground hard, out cold.

After what felt like minutes, i manage to be coherent enough to try and get up again.

[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.614829

>>614825
The heat ray fails to produce anything, as you click at the handle frantically. You slide down the slimy interior of her throat, falling onto a bed of grain sitting in the bottom of her stomach. It's pitch black, and you can't see anything, only feel. And as you get tossed around inside, you feel acid splash around and hit your skin.
>take 1 wound
>>614826
As you strike the middle one in the head, the wide swing ends up striking all three with the same amount of force.
>Locust Warrior 5, 6, and 7 helpless
>>614827
Locust Warrior 4 falls to the ground, clutching the wound in its side.
>Locust Warrior 4 helpless
>>614828
You fail to recover.

The Queen continues to pound at the ceiling, making small holes with just her fists.
>Locust Warrior 1
>Locust Warrior 3
With Rustle being the only one standing up and not eaten, the Locust Warriors go after Rustle at the same time.
[1d10]
[1d10]
>Locust Warrior 2
[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 6 = 6 / Roll #3 2 = 2

 No.614830

>>614829
Only the third Locust is able to strike Rustle, just tapping off the side of his head. He feels as if he's about to lose his balance.
>Rustle takes 1 hit
As the second Warrior tries to recover again, it seems to die in the effort, going limp and falling dead.

 No.614831

"Fuck! ow! I ain't bug food!"

I aim at the throat again to try and blast through the queen's mouth.

Heat Ray [1d10+2]

Roll #1 5 + 2 = 7

 No.614832

>>614829

Taking one too many blows to the head today, i continue to fade in and out of consciousness.

trying to shake myself awake, i prop myself up on my one good hand.

"We need to… help wrangler."

[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.614833

>>614829
He stops and does a mock bow, taunting the warriors by thumping his chestplate. "You creepy little buggers jumping about with your heads full of eyeballs! Not so tough when faced with a knight of Equestria, are you? Begone!" He jumps again, giving the middle locust the People's Elbow.

[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.614834

>>614829
Rustle staggers, feeling a bit lightheaded. Seeing the Queen pounding at the ceiling, a brilliant idea comes to his mind.

"I know, I know, but how d'ya suppose we do that?!"

At that point, he strikes out with the drill once more, aiming it towards Locust Warrior 3's Head.

[1d10]

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.614835

>>614831
The Queen screams out, as blood splatters down on you from her throat. She thrashes around some more, as more acid is splashed onto you.
>Wrangler takes 1 wound
She digs her arms into the ceiling, tearing it open like a tin can, and starts to lift herself out.
>>614832
You're unable to recover from the damage.
>>614833
You miss the locust, landing on the floor, instead.
>>614834
The Locust sidesteps you like the other one had, punching you in the snout.
>Counter, Rustle takes 4 hits, helpless

>Locust Warrior 1

The locust reveals a pair of wings, flying up towards its queen, crawling onto her back and hanging on tight.
>Locust Warrior 4
[1d10] Recover
Locust Warrior 5, 6, 7
[1d10]Recover
[1d10]same
[1d10]same

Roll #1 5 = 5 / Roll #2 8 = 8 / Roll #3 4 = 4 / Roll #4 10 = 10

 No.614836

The Locust Warrior on the ground of the Grain Storage room fails to recover.

Inside the office, two of the injured locusts are able to get up, heading to the door to get away from Cold Brew.

 No.614837

"I'm.. not done for yet..!!"

I pull the trigger once more to attack the queen.

"Gotta get back to glossy!"

[1d10+2]

Roll #1 1 + 2 = 3

 No.614838

>>614835
>>614836
"Oh no you don't! We have unfinished business!" He swings his maul at the two fleeing locusts, aiming for their legs.

[1d10] Cleave

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.614839

>>614835

Still unable to get up, i can almost make out the queen escaping through the ceiling

"Not like this… Wrangler!"

Exhausted, i try to make some sort of recovery in order to pursue.

[1d10] Recovery

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.614840

>>614835

"G-Gak!"
The hit sends Rustle onto his back, knocking the sense out of the poor pony. He rolls over and attempts to push himself back up to his hooves.


[1d10] Recover

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.614841

>>614837
The acid has damaged the backpack, causing it to explode on your back, as another splash of acid hits you.
>helpless, 0/1
The queen pulls herself up through the hole in the roof, and you are suddenly vomited out onto the ceiling, now covered in half-digested grain, much of your coat and skin burned away by the acid. Something is blocking the sun from your eyes- a four-legged equine figure, with a long tail, and something on top of its head. It steps forward, and you recognize its face as the centipede that had given you its eggs five days previously, but now it had evolved even more.
Her coat was pink, a shiny, pink bubble-gum color. Instead of a mane, it seemed like her centipede form had retracted onto her back, with its head resting on top of hers, acting as extra eyes, the many legs hanging off the sides, getting longer as they get to her back legs, before disappearing. Her tail was a further extension of the centipede back, but was somewhat reptilian in the way it was swinging from side to side. "Well hello again~" she says, smiling down at you, "You're not looking as good as you were last time~ Did my sister play around with you too roughly?"
>unable to recover
>>614838
The two locusts are struck by your maul, but charge through the door and into the hallway.
>>614839
>>614840
The two of you are finally able to recover.

 No.614842

>>614841
Still weak and nearly slipping into unconsciousness, I still keep myself awake and force a grin.

"Just.. just a little foreplay.. Little more upset you didn't leave me your number.." I say before coughing.

 No.614843

>>614841

"Need to…get Wrangler. ugh."

spreading my wings, i try to get enough air to reach the roof, still struggling to stay awake.

[1d10] Flight

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.614844

>>614841
He charges and jumps at the locust on the left, tackling it to the ground.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.614845

As he pushes back onto his hooves, he looks to Gaetan. Not much else he can do, he moves towards the closest warrior with the drill a-spinnin.

"Just die already!"

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.614846

>>614842
"Sorry, I don't like to play with phones," she says, "But I'll give you another kiss before we leave!" She leans down, her lips brushing against your as you feel her ovipositor snaking out of her mouth once more, forcing itself past your teeth and engulfing your tongue. You feel small teeth at the opening, as the second mouth squeezes down on your tongue, then drags the teeth over it while it slowly retracts back into her mouth. "I'll see you later~" she says, "Keep smiling!" She then walks onto the locust queen's back, keeping a grip as the massive creature flies off into the Manehattan sky.
>>614843
Your wings are too weak from combat to allow you to fly, or something.
>>614844
The Locust Warrior's back cracks as you jump onto it, while the other one runs into the Grain Storage. Out of your sight, it sprouts wings, flying up out of the hole made by the queen.
>>614845
You drill into Warrior 3, making it fall back onto the ground, looking like it's close to dying.

>Locust Warrior 4 and 6

[1d10]Recover
[1d10]Recover

Roll #1 6 = 6 / Roll #2 6 = 6

 No.614847

>>614846
The two locust warriors both recover, as the one in the silo sprouts wings and flies after its brother and escaping queen. The one in the office stays near the wall, trying to stay away from Cold Brew.

 No.614848

>>614846

"Come on! just a bit more!"

straining, i try to get my wings to some state of flight, just enough to reach the roof.

[1d10] Flight

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.614849

>>614846
I shudder and gag in disgust when she kisses me again, spitting onto the rooftop after watching Centipink fly off. "I really hope this won't be a thing…"

 No.614850

>>614846
"Sorry about the delay, lads! Got a little bit held up!" he announces to the room as he swings his maul in an uppercut at Warriors 4 and 6.

[1d10] Cleave

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.614851

>>614850

"We're too late. They took Wrangler." i manage to say through my injuries

 No.614852

"Not as held up as that unlucky fella up on the roof!"

Panting, near breathless, Rustle holds the drill up high and slams it down into the dying warrior.

[1d10]

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.614853

>>614848
You are finally able to fly up to the roof, as the locusts are flying away into the skyline. You find Wrangler on the ground, the stench of burning flesh filling your nose, covered in half-digested oats and wheat.
>>614849
Fortunately, the next thing you see is a bit less horrifying- it's just Gaétan.
>>614850
You miss, almost striking a pipe that would have spewed hot steam into your face.
>>614852
The drill digs into the Warrior's guts, causing it to convulse violently as it loses its grip on life.
The last Locust runs into the room, trying to perform a flying kick on Cold Brew.
[1d10]

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.614854

>>614853
The flying kick connects, banging Cold Brew's head into the side of a silo.
>Cold Brew takes 2 hits, helpless

 No.614855

>>614853
"You wouldn't happen to be carrying a breath mint.. would you?"

 No.614856

>>614853

landing on the roof with a thud, i manage to drag myself over to Wrangler, battered and bloody.

i manage to switch on my radio

"bzzrt… Dandybell… get a medic."

>>614855
"sorry…fresh out."

long since lost my tank, i manage to roll onto my back, still greviously injured.

"What…what happened to the queen?"

 No.614857

>>614853

"Dammit, they just keep poppin' up! Don't worry Brew!"

Rustle drops the drill and scowls, moving towards the final Locust, he pulls out his daggers and lunges forward attempting to plunge them both into the insect's thorax.

[1d10]
[1d10]

Roll #1 4 = 4 / Roll #2 5 = 5

 No.614858

>>614851
>>614852
"What? You blithering idiots!" he roars. "You-"
>>614854
He is cut off mid-rant as he gets kicked by the Locust, cursing and swearing as he tries to pull himself back up. "Thankfully I already don't remember this."

[1d10]

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.614859

>>614856
"Gone.. they're really mutatin'.. That centipony I told ya'll about showed up, she's even startin' to become more and more pony-like.." I begin to cough a bit more. "Now help me up."

 No.614860

>>614859
"alright."

>>614854
Grabbing Wrangler by the hoof, i try to pull him up with my good arm.

"you're not looking to good… how can you be sure your arm won't just.. you know. fall off…"

 No.614861

>>614854
[1d10] Help Wrangler up

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.614862

>>614855
>>614856
>>614857
>>614858
Inside the grain storage, several figures with a posture suggesting Diamond Dogs come into the room, armed with flamethrowers and torching the singular remaining Locust Warrior, continuously dousing it with flames for almost a solid minute, making it fall to the floor and writhe around, dying slowly and painfully. Dandybell follows in, going to Rustle and Cold Brew. "What on Earth happened?" she asks, looking around, "Where's Wrangler and Gaétan?"

 No.614863

>>614860
I stand up, still weak after being digested so heavily and wrap one hoof over his back to keep myself standing.

"I wouldn't worry none 'bout my arm poppin' off on ya."

 No.614864

>>614863
"Think i can get us both down from here?" i ask, looking over the edge of the roof

 No.614865

>>614862
"Well, about that…" he says, looking up towards the hole in the ceiling.

"We were tryin' real hard to get ridda the lackeys, so we could focus on the biggun, but she went and grabbed Wrangler, and…she ate 'im and broke out…"

 No.614866

>>614862
"I got held up back in the offices so I'm not 100%, but from what I gather everything here went cock-up lickety-split." He nurses his wounds, looking around the room.

 No.614867

>>614864
"Just wait for the medical team.. don't wanna risk losing my life after already gettin' so close."

 No.614868

>>614862

Seeing Dandybell from the hole, i try to wave at her

"HEY! UP HERE!"

 No.614869

>>614865
"What? EATEN?" She asks, sounding horrified.
>>614865
>>614866
Dandybell looks up to the ceiling, surprised as she sees Gaétan poking his head out of it.

Some more of the Moonsoon operatives come in, and the cleanup process begins.
Wrangler gets scraped off the ceiling, then is airlifted back to the Moonsoon property. After some anesthetic, an operation is performed to regraft skin onto him, cast healing magic, plant hair into the transplanted skin, and shoot him up with all kinds of fluids. He would spend two weeks in the hospital in a full-body cast and bandages, with several visits from Glossamer, who would regularly spoonfeed his meals.

Gaétan and Cold Brew would get some more hospital time, getting visits in with Wrangler.

Rustle got some healing magic cast on him, and he would be back in action in a couple days, having had the least amount of damage.

Rhanna would have her squeaky toys taken away, along with her check for the operation, for falling asleep on the toilet and missing the action.



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]