[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

ADVENTURE!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]

File: 1411234834286.png (171.07 KB, 991x360, M10quest OP.png)

 No.597999[Last 50 Posts]

Life in Equestria can be a volatile thing.
From ancient beings of chaos to mighty demons, hungry monsters and dishonest if still huggable ponies, adventure and danger have been known to lurk around every corner.
But in the past several decades, this has not been the case as much as before. Life has been mundane. Quiet. Boring even. Princess Celestia watches over all from Canterlot, and the few who still remember the time when two princesses ruled rarely bother talking of those days. Or of the dreaded Nightmare Night. Simply looking at the moon in the night sky is reminder enough.
But there are those who have not embraced this new era - those who still regard the late Princess Luna as the only true ruler of the night and refuse to accept Celestia as the sole ruler. These Lunatics come from many walks of life. Nobles who had close ties to her or grudges against Celestia, night guards who refused to serve the one who sent their princess to the moon, those following in the hoofsteps of the original Nightmare Cult, and many more. Whatever their reasons, their goals are the same - to rescue Nightmare Moon from the Moon, and restore her as the ruler of Equestria's night.

"This is where you come in.
I, by request of, Chancellor Fairmane, have been tasked with gathering a suitable group of adventurers and mercenaries for a little off thr record work.
I trust you understand why secrecy of your mission is an important priority. Which also means I cannot, officially, outfit of finance you. But if you return victorious, you will be well rewarded.
Your first mission is to head to the village of Duskheim, where you will meet with one of Canterlot's forward scouts, Sky Eye. He will tell you more about the place you'll be going soon enough. Dismissed."

 No.598000

>>597999
"Hang on. What are the chances of one of these Nightmarers having some sort of power artifact with which to carry out their goals?"

 No.598001

>>597999
"Has there been such a recent rise in their activity lately?"

 No.598002

>>597999
"Duskheim? at least its not an old crypt this time."

 No.598003

>>597999
"Vell, ve should get going, then."

 No.598004

>>598002
"You sound experienced in these matters. Go treasure hunting often, do you?"

 No.598005

>>598000
"Unknown. I do not have all the detailed reports, but for now we know that they have built an entirely legal castle as their base of operations in the outer reaches of Equestria. We do not know what is stockpiled in there."
>>598001
"Yes. Or more exactly, they seem to be finally settling down. Less ponies going in and coming out."
>>598002
"Duskheim is a small and unremarkable place known mostly for it's plentiful orchards and hunting goods. A little place out in the sticks, but the closest settlement there is to New Nightmare Castle"
>>598003
"You do that."

 No.598006

>>598005
"No idea? Well, let's go now."

Turn to leave.

 No.598007

>>598005
"Are they calling it 'Nev Nightmare Castle'? That doesn't sound veird at all. "

 No.598008

>>598005
"Calm before the storm… I'm ready to investigate then."

Ready to head out.

 No.598009

>>598004
"Not treasure, monsters. Things that really cause ponies problems.. But if there aren't any monsters a little herbal salad usually fixes things."
Smile softly.
>>598005
"Sounds like they really miss her."
>>598006
Following you.

 No.598010

>>598007
"It has many names. I've heard some even call it New Everfree."
>>598006
>>598008
>>598009
"Best of luck to you. Duskheim is due northeast, you'll be there by sundown."

 No.598011

>>598009
"Salad? Ehh…"

>>598010
"Wow, seems like the perfect time to get attacked by cultists. Just as we arrive."

Test out a puff of flame on my catalyst as we make our way there.

 No.598012

>>598010
We get going.

 No.598013

>>598011
"They couldn't be so brazen as to do that, now would they? Especially so close to here."

 No.598014

>>598013
If they want to show off some powerful new artifact for theirs, maybe. Actually, yes, I hope that's the case."

 No.598015

>>598011
Chuckle softly "You'd be surprised how many problems can be solved with a healthy meal."

 No.598016

>>598010
Let's hit the road.
"The sooner we leave and get this over with, the sooner we'll get rewarded. Time's wasting."

 No.598017

Duskheim only has one road leading to it, and the thing winds through the countryside quite a bit before splitting off into the dense forests housing the village.
It would be faster to just walk straight through the forest, if you can handle a little off roading

 No.598018

>>598014
"Maybe we could steal it if that was the case."

>>598015
"I don't think those waiting to ambush us would be willing to parley long enough to let you make one."

 No.598019

>>598017
I'm all for off roading if these guys are.

 No.598020

>>598017
"Can you ponies handle scouting in a forest?"

 No.598021

>>598020
"It's my specialty. I may be a Unicorn, but don't let the horn fool you, I can handle some dirt."

 No.598022

>>598021
I huff through my nose.
"Very vell then, ve should get going."

 No.598023

>>598017
I got fire, a lot of it .We can handle it.

>>598018
"Whoa there, why don't we just let them have their fun with it? Nah, of course we're going to steal it! I need a new paperweight, too."

 No.598024

>>598019
>>598020
>>598021
>>598023
Into the forest it is then.
This place is known wolf territory, and bear sightings aren't too rare either. Their pelts are one of the main non-food exports of Duskheim after all.

Roll for safety.

 No.598025

>>598023
"Sorry, but I'll be seizing it as evidence first. Submit the right papers after and you can claim it then."

 No.598026

>>598024
'1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.598027

>>598024
Safe Passing, I hope.

'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.598028

>>598024
Let's hope my companions are competent.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.598029

>>598024
'1d10'

I wonder if burning a few tress while we're in battle will be enough to get this shaman off my back…

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.598030

>>598024
'1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.598031

>>598018
"Maybe they'll accept it after I knock their heads a few a times." Make a gesture with my staff.

 No.598032

>>598026
>>598027
>>598028
>>598029
>>598030
Being fucking amazing at what you do, you manage to step on a wolf puppy's tail and soon find yourselves face to face with an angry pack of 5 wolves.
But at least there wasn't a bear in there.

#ENEMY
Wolf A: 10
Wolf B: 10
Wolf C: 10
Wolf D: 10
Big Wolf: 20


#PARTY
Knut: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 20/20
Coloured: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Andelia: 20/20

 No.598033

>>598032
>-2damage
what?

Arcane Shield myself first. Feels good being a magic user
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.598034

>>598032
Warcry
'1d10'

"LET'S GET THEM, LADS!"

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.598035

>>598032
"You wanna have a go at me, mate!?"
Go time! Do a sweeping attack on Wolf A, B and C '1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.598036

>>598032
What nature newbs.
Try a sweeping attack on the three little wolves
'1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.598037

>>598032
>>598034
"Let's scatter them!"

Attack on Wolf A. '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.598038

>>598035
Woops, forgot to clear the email field.

 No.598039

>>598033
Copypaste error

 No.598040

>>598039
>>598033
Also I use it in my notes to mark people with armor so I remember to apply my math.
Fuck it I'll just leave it visible.

 No.598041

>>598032
Hmn? sounds like somepony's causing trouble in my woods. Investigate!

 No.598042

>>598040
but I have light armor

 No.598043

>>598042
as I said, it was an error in my copypaste
I'll make it consistent in the next round, but thanks for reminding me.

 No.598044

>>598033
A sturdy arcane shield surrounds you, keeping you safe from harm.
>>598034
Your warcry bolsters allies and weakens enemies alike.
+1 damage to allies
-1 damage to enemies
>>598035
With a skilled sweep you manage to slash the legs of all three wolves, collapsing them on the ground like the fragile things they are.
>>598037
>>598036
The lesser wolves are dead as fuck.
The big wolf attacks Green Wind '1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.598045

>>598044
Dealing sole hefty damage in retaliation
#PARTY
Knut: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 14/20
Coloured: 20/20 [-2 damage] [arcane shield 9]
Andelia: 20/20
[-1 damage]


#ENEMY
Wolf A: 0
Wolf B: 0
Wolf C: 0
Wolf D: 0
Big Wolf: 20

 No.598046

>>598044
Now to focus on big momma. Slay her.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.598047

>>598045
Take down the Boss Wolf.

Single '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.598048

>>598044
>>598045
Firebolt the Big wolf.
Wee!
'1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.598049

>>598045
I bash the Big Wolf.
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.598050

>>598045
'1d10' summon a swarm on the boss wolf.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.598051

>>598046
Hey kids, do you know what time it is?
It's time to roll on the CRIT FAIL TABLE!

 No.598052

>>598051
Oh right.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.598053

>>598052
You swing wide and get your sword stuck in a tree.
Good job dumbass.
>>598047
You manage to deal some minor damage
>>598048
The firebolt hits twice, igniting the big wolf
>>598049
You barely even hurt it
>>598050
Your swarm blinds the wolf, making it harder for it to retaliate

The Big Wolf attacks Coloured '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.598054

>>598053
But misses due to the BEEEES

#PARTY
Knut: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 14/20 [Unarmed]
Coloured: 20/20 [-2 damage] [arcane shield 9]
Andelia: 20/20 [-1 damage]



#ENEMY
Wolf A: 0
Wolf B: 0
Wolf C: 0
Wolf D: 0
Big Wolf: 8 [hits on 6+] [2 damage per turn]

 No.598055

>>598054
"Press the attack!"

Single '1d10'

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.598056

>>598054
>>598053
I don't need a sword. I'm going in with my hooves of fury.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.598057

>>598054
"Stick a sword in it, you're done!"
Stick a sword in it

'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.598058

>>598054
'1d10' earthen strike on the poor thing.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.598059

>>598054
I slam it with my huge body. Axe first just to be safe.
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.598060

>>598055
Your whip is very effective as a weapon
>>598056
Unlike marshmallowy hooves.
>>598057
>>598058
>>598059
And down it goes.
A messy fight, but ultimately one you can all walk away from.
…provided you don't run into something worse before the village.

Roll to safely reach the village.

 No.598061

>>598060
We can do it! '1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.598062

>>598060
Oh well. Grab my sword and move on.

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.598063

>>598060
"return to nature." I whisper to the wolves before going on.
'1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.598064

>>598060
"Ja, ve did it!"
I wipe my axe in some nearby tree bark before hanging it off my belt and get going.

 No.598065

>>598060
'1d10'

This better work out. Something's going to happen if we reach after ngihtfall

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.598066

>>598061
>>598062
>>598063
>>598065
You have a bad feeling about this, but nothing further jumps you until you reach the village.

Duskheim is indeed a small place out in the sticks. Just a few houses, a lot of apple trees, and that's about it.
A couple of hunters coming from the woods join you
"Howdy."
"What's a bunch like you doing all the way out here?"

 No.598067

>>598066
"Oh, we're on sort of a journey. Myself I'm a traveling shaman, Hoping to help ponies live well on the land they call home."
'1d10' anything suspicious about these hunters?

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.598068

>>598066
Am I a part of the group now?

 No.598069

>>598066
"Know anything about the Nightmare worshippers about? More importantly, if they've been showing off any interesting artifacts."

 No.598070

>>598066
"Just investigating some disturbances reported by nearby towns."

 No.598071

>>598066
"Ja, I am looking to occupy the castle in the nearby area to become the nev lord of this village, vould you kindly shov us vhere it is?"

 No.598072

>>598066
"Who's asking?"

 No.598073

>>598068
Yes, welcome in.
>>598067
They seem well equipped for hunting, and very rough, but otherwise harmless.
"Journey, huh. Well try not to make a mess of things. We'd like this place to remain quiet."
>>598069
"Nightmare what?"
"He probably means them rich kooks up in the castle."
"Oh. Well I don't know much about them. Ask the fancy flyboy by Town Hall or something."
>>598070
"…yeah?"
"Well, that's good. Hunting's been a load of horseapples lately what with all the monster wolves."
>>598071
"You speak funny."
"If you're headed to the castle, it's over the hills yonder. But don't bother coming back because thems ponies there are weird."
>>598072
"The locals"
"Who else?"

 No.598074

>>598073
"Fret not citizens. We have dealt with part of the menace on our way here. Where is the local Constabulary where I can report our findings?"

 No.598075

>>598073
"Rich kooks, you say?"

Go see Fancy Flyboy guy.

 No.598076

>>598073
"The monster volves ve just killed by the dozen? Child's play. Vhen I vas still learning to spell my name…"
I go off in a ramble about how everything was better in my grandpa's time.

 No.598077

>>598073
"I see, any other issues besides some weird castle loving ponies?"

 No.598078

>>598073
"Your moonbuddies, maybe?"

 No.598079

>>598074
"We don't got no constables"
"We don't need 'em. Someone makes trouble, the rest of us dish out justice."
>>598078
"You insinuating something?"
>>598077
"As we said, the woods be crawling with monster wolves"
"Mostly at night though. Big as bears but twice as fast."
>>598076
"Had you seen the monster, you'd know."
>>598075
'Town Hall' is probably the only slightly bigger house. The only one with two floors.
A less redneck than most here looking pegasus is pacing around in front of it.

 No.598080

>>598079
Hail him.
"Whoa there. Waiting for something?"

>meet with one of Canterlot's forward scouts, Sky Eye

 No.598081

>>598079
We go to the townhouse.
"This place really needs lav and order. Equestria would be ashamed to call the place one of her ovn."

 No.598082

>>598079
"I see, perhaps something has them upset deeper in the woods… Was this always a problem?"

 No.598083

>>598073
"Hwell, thees ponis seem shtwange…"

 No.598084

>>598079
"This monster problem, did it just start recently? You don't sound like you would have enjoyed dealing with it so long."

 No.598085

>>598079
"Are you saying it's bad to be associated with them?"

 No.598086

>>598082
>>598084
"Only since the castle got built."
>>598083
"So does your accent"
"Where do ponies even talk like that, seriously?"
>>598081
>>598080
The pegasus snaps to attention
"Your business?"
>>598085
"Just didn't like your tone of voice."

 No.598087

>>598086
"Bad dreams, nightmares, whatever this town calls them."

 No.598088

>>598086
"Ve vere sent here by our mutual friend."

 No.598089

>>598086
"Were there any strange happenstances going on before or during the construction?"

 No.598090

>>598086
"Well ain't that a kick in the head."
Leave them and find our pegasus friend.

 No.598091

>>598086
"I see. With any luck we'll take care of that on our way. Good luck, and be sure to eat your tomatoes as well as your apples, or you'll get weak."
Off into the town to look for the others.

 No.598092

>>598087
>>598088
"So you're with Fairmane?"
>>598089
"Not really, no. Thinks only got worrysome after the builders left and the kooks moved in."
>>598090
>>598091
The others are with Sky Eye in front of the largest building.

 No.598093

>>598092
"That's the guys name. So, what's with what they call rich kooks in the castle?"

 No.598094

>>598092
"Yes, ve are."

 No.598095

>>598092
Go join him.
"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting."

 No.598096

>>598092
"That's us, yeah."

 No.598097

>>598092
"When did they begin to occupy the premises? Is that when the large beasts appeared?"

 No.598098

>>598086
Scrunch angrily.
"Eez nuthin wrong whit how eye speek!"

 No.598099

>>598098
"Don't you have some place to be?"
"Like with that other bunch that just marched into town?"
>>598097
"The castle was filled first, and then the monsters came, and then ponies stopped going in or out."
"All sorts of ponies went there too. Some sounded like they were forced to go."
"'course not all of them came through here."
>>598096
>>598095
>>598094
>>598093
"Good. As you probably know, I'm Sky Eye.
The Lunatics, or Nightmare Separatists, or Nightmare Cultists or whatever you prefer to call them, are indeed firmly occupying the castle past the hills. I can share all I know, but I've never been in there. Only flown over it."

 No.598100

>>598099
Dang it! Run and rejoin the group!

 No.598101

>>598099
"Lets start with.. do you have a map of their locations?"

 No.598102

>>598099
"Thank you for your cooperation."

Get to the others.

 No.598103

>>598099
"How many do you think there are holed up in that castle?"

 No.598104

>>598099
"Easier to call them Nighters. Now, what do we need to do about them? Burn the place down?"

 No.598105

>>598104
"Neigh. Seems that there might be hostages inside. Locals said some people were taken in against their will."

 No.598106

>>598099
"What are ve doing here exactly?"

 No.598107

>>598100
You join them like you were never gone to begin with.
>>598101
"I can draw one if you need it.
The place has an outer wall surrounding it, and the main castle is beyond that. It has a lot of towers, notably a large central tower, a clock tower, and an oddly out of the way tower that doesn't seem to directly connect to the rest of the castle despite being very large. It might be some sort of dungeon or storage considering the lack of windows."
>>598103
"Could be hundreds. I haven't been here for very long so I can only estimate based on reports from locals."
>>598104
>>598105
>>598106
"Priority one is to ensure any efforts to rescue Nightmare Moon fail. I am not authorised to tell you to kill everyone in there, but you should know what is and isn't acceptable here.
From the looks of the place, just besieging it or trying to burn it down would probably be a lost cause, given the size of it all."

 No.598108

>>598107
"Depends on the army you use. How vill ve get in?"

 No.598109

>>598107
"They wouldn't take civilians unless they needed them. I'd like to investigate that lone tower, just to make sure they are all punished accordingly."

 No.598110

>>598107
"It would be quite useful if you wouldn't mind." Smile softly.

 No.598111

>>598107
"How easy would it be to pretend to be one of them? Unless we're all goign to sneak, which si hard."

 No.598112

>>598107
"Where do they get their food from?"

 No.598113

File: 1411244070465.png (42.54 KB, 1156x753, authentic poorly drawn map.png)

>>598108
"Front door's an option I suppose.
Though parts of what seem to be servants' quarters are still under construction so you might be able to find less than reinforced back doors."
>>598110
He scribbles something quickly
"Here"
>>598109
I have seen no doors leading to it. There might be an underground entrance though.
>>598112
"Unknown, but odds are they carted tons of it in over time."
>>598111
"It might be worth a try, but that will get a lot of attention drawn your way."

 No.598114

>>598113
"I say ve bash in the front gate and take them by surprise!"

 No.598115

>>598113
"Thanks." Pass it off to the mage.
"Here, you look like the best one to carry this."

 No.598116

>>598114
"Wouldn't the front doors be reinforced for exactly such a reason? The servant quarters seem the most vulnerable. Even with guards, we could overpower them."

 No.598117

>>598116
I point to my axe.
"Me and my axe have busted through sturdied stuffs than mere castle valls."

 No.598118

>>598113
"So they're well-stocked."

>>598116
"We could try scaling the walls with a ladder."

 No.598119

>>598114
>>598115
>>598116
>>598118
"If you wish, I can provide the ladder for crossing the wall. You just need to get there first. And I won't be able to leave it there either."

 No.598120

>>598119
>>598118
This sounds best."

>>598117
"If this all works, we might need you to break us out."

 No.598121

>>598119
I roll my eyes.
"Very vell, ve'll use the ladder."

 No.598122

>>598120
>>598121
"Was there something more you needed before heading out?"

 No.598123

>>598122
"This is probably all we can surmise from conjecture. Direct intervention is necessary from this point on."

 No.598124

>>598123
"I will not be able to help you while you're in there, and the garden looks dangerous to land in. If you make it there and can secure a landing zone, or if you make it to the roof, I can always fly in for anything you need."

 No.598125

>>598124
"That is as good a plan as we can expect for now. I pray that we can rescue any people taken there."

 No.598126

>>598124
"That sounds good, we'll secure a landing zone for you."

 No.598127

>>598124
"Ve should hurry already, ja?"
Let's get going!

 No.598128

>>598125
>>598126
>>598127
"I'll meet you at the wall. Hurry, night is falling and monsters will be about."

Continue?

 No.598129

>>598128
I'm fine, but it seems the others have slowed down.

 No.598130

>>598128
Well I don't wanna go to bed yet.

 No.598131

>>598128
Some of the others seem to have died.

 No.598132

>>598129
>>598130
>>598131
Lets put it this way: Do you want to do one more battle before I take a nap?

 No.598133


 No.598134


 No.598135

>>598132
If you want to go nap, go ahead. The others seem to have done so as well.

 No.598136

>>598132
I think I can last for one more battle.

 No.598137

>>598133
>>598134
>>598135
>>598136
As you head out into the darkening forest, you hear unearthly growls from the shadows.

A Monster Wolf emerges!

#PARTY
Knut: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 14/20 [Unarmed]
Coloured: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Andelia: 20/20 [-1 damage]


#ENEMY
Monster Wolf (Elite) 30 [-1 damage]

 No.598138

>>598137
Green is not actually Unarmed

 No.598139

>>598137
I destroy it!
[skill]
'1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.598140

>>598137
I did get my sword back right?

 No.598141

>>598137
>>598138
Right.

Going in hot and heavy then.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.598142

>>598137
"You do not have the right to exist as you are!"

Return to Earth '1d10'

Does being at 50% weight give this a +1?

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.598143

>>598137
"Uh-oh! Whee's got BEEG twouble!"

Set up a Snare Trap! '1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.598144

>>598139
You charge the beast, rending it's thick hide and exposing a nice weak spot for the others to exploit!
>>598141
Your attack lands, but not very hard
>>598142
No bonus, it is not a P/A/M skill.
It does strip away the beast's monstrously bulging muscles though, weakening it
>>598143
You set up a cunning trap

The wolf attacks Knut with what remains of it's monster strength before being fully weakened '2d10'

Roll #1 4, 1 = 5

 No.598145

>>598144
But is unable to penetrate is armor

#PARTY
Knut: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 14/20
Coloured: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Andelia: 20/20 [-1 damage]



#ENEMY
Monster Wolf: 24

 No.598146

>>598144
"Heya beesty, over heere!"
Shoot it someplace that'll hurt.
'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.598147

>>598145
"Your presence here is unathourized. Prepare to pay."

Single attack '1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.598148

>>598147
And Crit Fail Table time. '1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.598149

>>598144
Swing my sword for another attack.

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.598150

>>598145
I swing at him.
'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.598151

>>598147
>>598148
You stab Junebug instead , silly filly.
>>598146
You shoot a tree behind it right in the acorns.
>>598149
>>598150
You land some extremely minor hits

The wolf lashes out at Green '1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.598152

>>598151
A meaty hit if there ever was one

#PARTY
Knut: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 8/20
Coloured: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Andelia: 20/20 [-1 damage]
Junebug: 18/20



#ENEMY
Monster Wolf 22

 No.598153

>>598146
>>598151
"Apologies. Seems the activity got to me."

Single stab '1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.598154

>>598152
Oh right, I shoulda warcried.
Oh well, I hack at it.
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.598155

>>598152
Alright, I should probably use Dodge shouldn't I? '1d10'

This thing is hitting hard, but I'm hitting back '1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1 / Roll #2 9 = 9

 No.598156

>>598151
"Doggie, stop eegnoring me! Eyes a shurprise for hyou!"
Annoying Arrows! '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.598157

>>598153
You find a nice soft spot to stab, dealing critical damage!
>>598154
Reeling from the last hit, the wolf fails to protect itself from you
>>598155
>>598156
And down it goes. That wasn't so bad.
…then, it was alone.
Wolves usually hunt in packs.

 No.598158

>>598157
Duhn DUHN DUUU?

 No.598159

>>598157
"Hwhere west of de doggies?"
Vantage Point to look for the rest of the pack from the treetops! '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.598160

>>598157
"We need to keep moving, but after I leave a citation on this creature. Its owner can expect a hefty fine."

 No.598161

>>598159
There's no doubt about it.
There will be more between you and the castle

NEXT TIME ON EMTEN
WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS ARISEN
WHEN YOU COME TO IT AND YOU CAN GO THROUGH IT
AND YOU CAN'T KNOW IT DOWN YOU KNOW THAT YOU'VE FOUND THE WALL

 No.599199

You were in the forest, on your way to the castle up on the hill.

 No.599200

>>599199
Keep fire handy as we go.

 No.599201

>>599199
Dance along behind the rest of the party, making sure to smell all the flowers along the way.

 No.599202

>>599199
Time to free the land from this evil.

 No.599203

>>599200
Flickering shadows move past every bush and tree, making it hard to say if they're just you passing with the fire, or monsters hiding just out if sight
>>599201
Roll for figuring out what kind of plants these are

 No.599204

>>599203
Hmmm… I'm sure I've seen these flowers before…
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.599205

>>599204
You have. They are known for thriving in the same areas as the infamous Poison Joke.
>>599202
You have an uneasy feeling. You can sense death nearby.

 No.599206

>>599205
"Uh-oh… Pwankster Pwants neerbye…"

 No.599207

>>599206
"What?"

 No.599208

>>599207
"Pwankster Pwants? Hyou know, da beeg blu flowahs wid a sense of humaah? Ees kinda funny hwhen someponie hwanders into dem."

 No.599209

>>599206
"What in the Sun is a Pwank Star?"

 No.599210

>>599208
"What? Oh. Anyone here got a safe way of picking and storing them? Maybe we can throw these at the nightmare guys later."

 No.599211

>>599206
>>599208
"… I see"
>>599205
spot check for death spider
'1d10'

Roll #1 10 = 10

 No.599212

>>599208
"Why do you talk like that?"

 No.599213

>>599210
If you have a spare bag that can be sealed tightly, and a bit of Telekinesis, you can try to pick them without getting affected. Be careful of the pollen though.
>>599211
No death spiders.
It was probably the corpse nearby. The clothing and emblems indicate he used to be an Equestrian medic. He still has his bag too.

 No.599214

>>599213
"poor stallion."
Lets check in the bag.

 No.599215

>>599214
Five healing potions.
From the looks of things he used a sixth one on himself before being overwhelmed. The wounds imply he was mauled by something… big.

 No.599216

>>599212
"Like hwhat?"

 No.599217

>>599214
>>599215
"He got a tight bag on him?"

Inspect his bag. Can it store the joke safely?

 No.599218

>>599215
'1d10' try to identify the claw marks.

"These woods are definitely not safe."

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.599219

>>599217
"Yea, it had a few potions in it." give you a potion.

 No.599220

>>599217
It won't hold pollen well. It's made to carry potion bottles.
>>599218
Big.
Probably unnatural.
>>599219
#Healing Potion
Single use
Restores 10 HP

 No.599221

>>599216
"Like a child."

 No.599222

>>599219
"Oh, thank you. Do tell me if you need some fire, alright?"

Pocket it Guess there's not much use for the bag, we can go.

 No.599223

>>599221
"HI'm not a child! Hyou're just a big meanie!"
Stick my tongue out at him.

 No.599224

>>599220
neat.
>>599222
Nod with a smile "I will just shout 'fire' and wave my stick at it."
>>599221
>>599223
Chuckle a bit. "Come now, we don't have time for games. The big bad wolf might eat you if you start playing here."

 No.599225

A low growling confirms your suspicions. There is, indeed, a monster nearby.

 No.599226

>>599225
Well, then

Shield myself
'1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.599227

>>599223
>>599224
>>599225
"Heads up."
Unsheathe my sword.

 No.599228

>>599225
I draw my axe.

 No.599229

>>599225
how unfortunate.
>>599227
"Seems like playtime is over."

 No.599230

>>599226
>>599227
>>599228
>>599229
Two monster wolves walk out of the bushes, followed by a massive beast that tramples the bushes underpaw. It begins.

#PARTY
Knut: 20/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 20/20
Coloured: 20/20 [-2 damage] [AShield 3]
Andelia: 20/20[-1 damage]
Junebug: 20/20


#BOSS
Monster Wolf A (Elite) 30 [-1 damage]
Monster Wolf B (Elite) 30 [-1 damage]
Big Monster Wolf (Strong) 50 [-1 Damage]

 No.599231

>>599230
"Whoa."

Let's not waste time. Firebolt Wolf A.

'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.599232

>>599230
'1d10' summon a swarm on the Biggest one.
"You poor creature."

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.599233

>>599230
Alright, let's start swinging.

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.599234

I destroy/demolish the Boss's armor
'1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.599235

>>599233
Remember to specify targets.
>>599231
The wolf ignites from your spell
>>599232
>>599234
Blinded and with a torn hide, the big wolf becomes less of a threat.

Wolf A attacks Coloured '2d10'
Wolf B attacks Green '2d10'
Big Wolf attacks Knut '2d10'

Roll #1 9, 2 = 11 / Roll #2 8, 2 = 10 / Roll #3 6, 3 = 9

 No.599236

>>599235
The magical shield protects Coloured well, but shatters
Green takes the brunt of the strike
Knut tanks the worst of the Big Wolf's attack

#PARTY
Knut: 15/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 14/20
Coloured: 18/20 [-2 damage]
Andelia: 20/20[-1 damage]
Junebug: 20/20


#BOSS
Monster Wolf A (Elite) 23 [-1 damage] [1 damage per turn]
Monster Wolf B (Elite) 23 [-1 damage]
Big Monster Wolf (Strong) 46 [hits on 6+] [1 damage per turn]

 No.599237

>>599235
I'm going to attack wolf B and A at the same time. Slash 'em up with my sword.

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.599238

>>599236
"Why don't we all clean up the smaller ones first?"

Smack monster wolf A with my sword.

'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.599239

>>599236
'1d10' cleave all three targets.

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.599240

>>599236
Trick arrows on Monster wolves A and B!
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.599241

>>599236
I slash allathem

'1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.599242

>>599240
>>599239
>>599240
>>599241
Split attacks seem effective, as you mow down your foes
>>599238
A precise blow brings the beast to very low health

The two wolves are stunned
The Big Wolf attacks Andelia '2d10'

Roll #1 8, 10 = 18

 No.599243

>>599242
Probably in revenge for the BEEES, the Big Wolf picks up Andelia in it's massive jaws and repeatedly slams her against a tree before spitting her back out.

#PARTY
Knut: 15/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 14/20
Coloured: 18/20 [-2 damage]
Andelia: 3/20[-1 damage]
Junebug: 20/20


#BOSS
Monster Wolf A (Elite) 4 [-1 damage] [1 damage per turn] (Stun)
Monster Wolf B (Elite) 11 [-1 damage] (Stun)
Big Monster Wolf (Strong) 36 [hits on 6+] [1 damage per turn]

 No.599244

>>599243
Finish off monster wolf A with a well-placed arrow.
'1d10'

Roll #1 6 = 6

 No.599245

>>599243
"WARCRY"
'1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.599246

>>599242
>>599243
These little wolves need to fucking die. Focus on wolf B.

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.599247

>>599243
"Andelia, stay strong!"

Natural Remedy

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.599248

>>599247
Wheel of Critfail

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.599249

>>599243
"Yea. Owch." Drink a potion.

 No.599250

>>599243
Damn it, I can't conjure a new shield yet, can I?
Firebolt Elite B

'1d10'

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.599251

>>599247
>>599248
Wheel of Critfail, turn turn turn
Tell us now how she will burn
#-2 to all Mental rolls

 No.599252

>>599244
The Arrow drops the wolf, and it burns to death.
>>599245
+1 to attack rolls!
-1 to enemy attacks!
>>599246
You wound it heavily, but it still fights back
>>599249
Tastes like roots and bitter red berries.
But also restores 10 HP
>>599250
Alas, it does fuck all.

Wolf B tries to avenge it's friend by attacking Junebug '2d10'
Big Wolf attacks the noisy Knut '2d10'

Roll #1 3, 2 = 5 / Roll #2 8, 9 = 17

 No.599253

>>599252
How was that a success
>>599252
B-block?
I swing at the big wolf
'2d10'

Roll #1 8, 9 = 17

 No.599254

>>599252
Wolf B manages to do nothing whatsoever.
Big Wolf however mauls Knut near to death.

#PARTY
Knut: 1/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 14/20
Coloured: 18/20 [-2 damage]
Andelia: 13/20[-1 damage]
Junebug: 20/20


#BOSS
Monster Wolf A (Elite) DEAD
Monster Wolf B (Elite) 6 [-1 damage] -1 to attaks
Big Monster Wolf (Strong) 35 -1 to attacks

 No.599255

>>599252
Eep! Scamper up a tree to get away!
Vantage point. '1d10'

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.599256

>>599252
"Ugh, I'll make sure your teeth get taken away for that."

Dodge '1d10'
Return on Big Monster Wolf '1d10-2'

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 4 - 2 = 2

 No.599257

>>599254
'1d10' try a NR on knut

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.599258

>>599254
Shield Andelia!
'1d10'

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.599259

>>599252
>>599254
Dodge. '1d10'

Hit the little and big one both '1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7 / Roll #2 10 = 10

 No.599260


 No.599261

>>599255
You gain distance from the wolves. They can no longer bite you.
>>599253
You put up a sturdy block and strike at the big wolf
>>599256
You tumle away nimbly, but your head hurts too hard to get a spell off.
>>599257
You get a well timed heal off on Knut. He should appreciate it.
>>599258
A shimmering shield surrounds Andelia
>>599259
You roll like the wind and land a mighty blow that kills the other wolf

The Big Wolf attacks Welara '2d10'

Roll #1 5, 2 = 7

 No.599262

>>599261
But misses!

#PARTY
Knut: 10/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 14/20
Coloured: 18/20 [-2 damage]
Andelia: 13/20[-1 damage] [AShield 8]
Junebug: 20/20


#BOSS
Monster Wolf A (Elite) DEAD
Monster Wolf B (Elite) DEAD
Big Monster Wolf (Strong) 18

 No.599263

>>599261
>>599262
Alright, let's finish this abomination. Gut the bastard.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.599264

>>599262
Burn Big Monster Wolf! Firebolt! BURN!



'1d10'

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.599265

>>599264
Whoa shit
'1d10'

Roll #1 7 = 7

 No.599266

>>599262
My head hurts way too much. Let's just whip the wolf until the pain goes away.

Dodge '1d10'
Single whip on the Wolf '1d10'

Roll #1 3 = 3 / Roll #2 4 = 4

 No.599267

>>599262
"Bad puppy." Earthen strike the boss wolf

 No.599268

>>599267
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.599269

>>599261
Bash it
'1d10'

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.599270

>>599264
>>599265
You burst into flames
>>599263
You manage to deal a very minor hit
>>599266
You tumble a bit and whip it, but not too hard
>>599267
>>599268
You land a massive blow
>>599269
Followed by an equally impressive finish from Knut

The monster wolves are down!
#PARTY
Knut: 10/20 [-2 damage]
Walara: 30/30
Green: 14/20
Coloured: 18/20 [-2 damage] [1 damage every turn]
Andelia: 13/20[-1 damage] [AShield 8]
Junebug: 20/20


#BOSS
Monster Wolf A (Elite) DEAD
Monster Wolf B (Elite) DEAD
Big Monster Wolf (Strong) DEAD

 No.599271

>>599270
"That vas a handful."

 No.599272

>>599270
"Whoever is responsible for this can expect to receive a hefty fine."

 No.599273

>>599270
>>599271
"Hmm you want a potion.. I have 3 left."

 No.599274

>>599272
snicker at that. "We'll have to catch them first."

 No.599275

>>599272
"Or a sword through the belly."
Spit on the bodies.

 No.599276

>>599270
Stop drop and roll!

 No.599277

>>599274
"We'll catch all of them. They can't escape the punishment they deserve."

>>599275
"It seems more and more that such a jedgment will befall them."

 No.599278

>>599275
Frown at you.
>>599277
"We should keep going then, unless you feel you need to healed."

 No.599279

>>599278
"What?"

 No.599280

>>599276
You end up a little singed but nothing a brushing and some cold water won't fix.

Move on towards the castle walls?

 No.599281

>>599278
"I'm well enough. Poor medic though, I'll make sure to inform his family of his heroism."

 No.599282

>>599279
>>599281
>>599280
Nod and start walking along the road again

 No.599283

>>599280
Walk towards the castle with the others.

 No.599284

You can hear more monsters of the woods gathering to feast on the ones you killed, buying you time to make it towards the outer walls.

As the forest finally clears, you see the sun is setting fast. The hill the castle sits on is bare, and the wall is rather high. You should find Sky Eye and his ladder.

 No.599285

>>599284
Is there a nice, hidden off area. We don't need to tip off the guards so easily.

Roll #1 2 = 2

 No.599286

>>599285
The wall is pretty much the same all around, save for the gate.
There are sentries patrolling on the outside.

 No.599287

>>599286
'1d10' spot checking for sky eye

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.599288

>>599286
>>599285
"We need to kill those sentries so we have a clear shot at scaling the wall with a ladder."
How many?

 No.599289

>>599288
They patrol in pairs.
>>599287
He is up in the sky with a ladder, waiting for a safe place to land.

 No.599290

>>599289
How many can I see right now? They're outside the walls right? Outside the castle perimeter?

 No.599291

>>599289
>>599288
"Alright, think you can take one out quietly?"

 No.599292

>>599291
"I can use my whip to take one down from afar."

 No.599293

>>599292
"We don't need them shouting to alert the others is all."

 No.599294

>>599290
Yep.
You can see one pair, walking away from you.

 No.599295

>>599293
"That's why I can tighten it around their throats."

>>599290
"Try not to get yourself spotted."

 No.599296

>>599291
"I'm not a sneakster."

 No.599297

>>599296
>>599295
"Well I'm not particularly stealthy myself. Which is why I was asking you. Guess we just go hit them hard and hope we knock em down before they can scream.."

 No.599298

If you time it well, it might be possible to get over the wall before the next patrol gets to you, but this means Sky Eye needs to be in and out faster than he can say hello.

 No.599299

>>599297
"Three on two are good odds for us. It's not like we submitted a letter of visitation."

 No.599300

>>599298
No time like the present. What do we have to be on the lookout for?

 No.599301

>>599300
You just need to be sure there are no other patrols nearby, then signal Sky Eye

 No.599302

>>599301
Can I spot any other patrollers?

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.599303

>>599302
None. This is a safe time.

 No.599305

>>599303
>>599297
>>599296
"Come on everyone, I have an idea!"

Rush through this whole thing.

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.599306

>>599303
Then we can signal him quickly.

 No.599307

>>599305
>>599303
'1d10' rolling to move fast

Roll #1 1 = 1

 No.599308

>>599305
>>599306
>>599307
You signal Sky Eye and he swoops down
"Are you crazy? The patrol is just around the corner! If you wan tot go over now, there will be no time for us to make plans!"

Go over the wall Y/N?

 No.599309

>>599308
"Well then we'll just kill them."
vote to wait

 No.599310

>>599308
>>599309
I will wait then

 No.599311


 No.599312

>>599309
>>599310
>>599311
Sky Eye lands to fight at your side.

NEXT TIME ON HORSECASTLE
FIGHT SOME SENTRIES
CLIMB A WALL
AND MEET A NEW FRIEND



[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]